Windows Support Forum

CREATIVE XTREME MUSIC error CODE 12

Q: CREATIVE XTREME MUSIC error CODE 12

I installed a creative sound blaster xtreme music in my computer, and shows error code 12, i tried already to disable some things but still not working.

this card has been sent from creative lab, with diferent ROM, because was a incompatibility with nvidia chipset on my motherboard a8n-se sli,

what should i do. i have 3 pci slots empty, audio onboard is off, is impossible that i dont have resources for this sound card.

any help is welcome!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CREATIVE XTREME MUSIC error CODE 12

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CREATIVE XTREME MUSIC error CODE 12

Started having the exact same problem as of today. I plugged out my headphones from my X-Fi xtrememusic to connect speakers. Later as i connected my headphones again they didnt work. I restarted and since then been having the CODE 12 error. I have reinstalled the drivers about 3 times and tried different pci slots. this sucks really bad cause onboard sound is crap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-xtreme-music-error-code-12.84669/
Relevancy 98.9%

i have recently purchased and installed a new Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card but i noticed before i put it into my computer that the card had plugs on it..one is a AUX plug but the other looks like a connector for a power lead (like the one you connect to a floppy disc drive) does anyone know what this plug is for?

A:Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music help

Is THIS it?
Unless there happens to be a front panel attatchment, like the audigy, I'm not aware of any powered SC's, there maybe something to it.
How is it working?

Since you picked the nic:
Sam I am, I like green eggs n ham

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-soundblaster-x-fi-xtreme-music-help.49945/
Relevancy 95.89%

Bit confused as ive read that when u use the SPDIF output on soundcards they will not process the audio but act as a through put. If your watching a dvd in 7.1 sound then thats fine by me, but if i'm playing music in mp3 connected to a stereo using the spdif cable just for stereo sound output, will the card process the sound so i can use effects like the new Crystalizer to improve mp3 sounds ?

Great card from what ive read but why they never included connectors for front pc case audio jacks is just an oversight, albeit an intentional 1 to make people by the breakout box.

A:Im thinking of getting a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card

Nice enough card, but Id recommend the Auzentech Prelude. Most highly praised card in the audio community and well worth the money IMO>

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/166054-im-thinking-getting-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-music-card.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Bought this card today. Because it said support for vista, I thought it would work in Windows 7 as well.

Installed the card and I had immediately sound. Then I went to the creative site to install the drivers because I had only control over the volume. There was no EAX, no bass control, nothing. After the installation of the drivers from creative: no sound. Nothing.

Then I deleted the card from computer management and installed other drivers (pax v3.50). Then I had really bad sound (very low, and it was absolutely not clean). In fact it was so low that even when everything on full (even speakers) it was softer then I'm used to at 25%.

I bought this card for the good audio (better then on-board). Now the audio and control over it (without the drivers) are exactly the same as the on-board.

A:Creative X-fi Xtreme Audio

Quote:
Then I deleted the card from computer management and installed other drivers (pax v3.50). Then I had really bad sound (very low, and it was absolutely not clean)

Not surprised in the least that that happened. It is admirable that the guy that made them is trying to help, but everything he adds to the INF is nothing more than hopes and wishes (he even adds registry entries to stop BSOD's to the INF; as if it was that easy to stop those).

That said the guy that modded this set,

SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - AudigySE/Value/LS_Live24bit_X-Fi XtremeAudio_SB5.1VX

does know what he is doing. If you haven't maybe give them a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/233639-creative-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Does anyone know where i can download drivers for this card for the Windows 7 RC1? ive tried the Beta drivers off Creative and had no joy, the ones that came out when the "leaked" RC1 was out and im gettin majorly cheesed off.... ive got everythig else set up how i want except the fact ive no sound

A:Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

I downloaded the Beta driver from Creative Labs for my X-Fi Xtreme Audio and have had only one problem with it. It does not recognize my CD drive. I have noticed that some default settings are set at mute and I've had to change those and the volume control is set pretty low. I went to the speaker control icon on the system tray and clicked on mixe3r to bring up the menu box to make my changes. I've also notified Creative Labs of the problem with the cd drive. Don't if this helps, just thought I would let you know of my experience with this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/8717-creative-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, my Windows 7 x64 (7100) found after a clean install new optional updates which included drivers for my soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio. I also used the drivers I got with the cd and installed them on my system. Everything is working now except a few options. I get sound in 5.1, but when I select options like X-Fi Crystallizer, X-Fi CMSS-3D or just change the volume bars (FL, FR, RL, etc) nothing happens!

Before I installed Windows7 x64 I was using Windows XP Pro x86 without any problems. When using the above mentioned options they did changed the sound.
Is it possible that I've to download drivers by my self instead of the Windows updates one?
Does somebody know what I'm doing wrong?

Greeting,
Jon

A:Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio x64

I was having the exact same problem so I posted it on the MSI forums (I got mine with an Eclipse SLI) and it turns out that creative recently released a beta windows 7 driver. I downloaded it and installed it and now everything is working great.

You can download it here: Creative Worldwide Support

Cheers,
xpansive

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/11379-creative-x-fi-xtreme-audio-x64.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Had a Creative problem XFI Xtreme hard time getting my sound card to work properly when I installed it years ago but finally managed and it was working just fine Yesterday I needed the microphone and found out it wasn't working when plugged into my soundcard I enabled High definition Creative XFI Xtreme problem audio device and plugged the mic in the front of comp and it worked fine so I saw it wasn't the mic who had the problem I was then told to update my drivers and that might fix the problem with the mic which I did but now nothing works anymore The mic doesn't work which at this point I don't care at all about but most important the audio console gives me the message quot current selected audio device is not supported by the application do you want to select another audio device quot and I also get the very same message if I go to sounds---playback devices---properties---sound blaster---configure your audio settings So I can't access Bass Boost Bass Management EAX EQ and the rest My sound is tinny and has no punch or volume I tried to roll back the driver checked on other drivers did a system restore same I then realized I should disable High Definition audio device which I did same Then when I could't sleep last night I thought maybe I should go in the Bios and disable it there even if it says it's disabled in system devices Sure enough it was still enabled so I disabled it and said to myself NOW it's going to work again But no Anybody have any ideas please before I spend another sleepless night

A:Creative XFI Xtreme problem

You didn't fill in the "My System Specs" which helps.

But, if you are not using the integrated audio (on the motherboard) it should be disabled in the BIOS. It can cause conflicts with an added sound card.

Since you have it disabled in the BIOS, go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. Click the Recording Tab and the "What You Hear" should be set as the default playback device. RIGHT click the microphone and if disabled, enable it. In the Playback panel, your "Speakers" should be set as the default playback device.

If all of this looks OK, go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the Xfi then LEFT click "Uninstall" - DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and the sound card will be detected and reinstalled. If there were some corruptions between Windows and the sound card this will fix it (and there could be since you had the Integrated Audio enabled).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/149117-creative-xfi-xtreme-problem.html
Relevancy 73.1%

so i just got this new sound card. i installed it and disabled the integrated hd sound in the bios. my computer says the sound is working on the icon on the bottom left but the sound isn't actually playing on my speakers. please help

A:creative xtreme gamer problems

did you replug your cables? (unplug em from your motherboard's audio jacks and plugged em into your soundcard's audio jacks)

if you are using a frontpannel I/O module, did you remember to rewire the (internal) cables from your motherboard's connector(s) onto your soundcard's connectors?

Disabling your HD sound in bios doesn't necessary make it so your soundcard will work.
Check windows device manager and see what shows up there.
If you disabled your integrated HD sound in bios it should not show up in that list anymore. Check if your soundcard shows up and wether it shows as enabled/installed etc.

Did you install the drivers from the cd?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/238696-creative-xtreme-gamer-problems.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello. I'm running Windows 7 build 7600, and seem to have a sound card driver issue. Sound is successfully comming out, but it is screwed up, it fades in and out and has terrible quality (driver from clean install). I am using this sound card, have looked around the forum and have come across a post leading to this driver, unfortunately the download link is no longer working, and was posted several months ago, so maybe there is a newer driver available. Can anyone provide me with a link to the latest up-to-date driver for this sound card please?

Thanks.

A:Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

since that beta driver isn't available have you tried creative's site for a vista driver. the vista driver can be installed in compatibility mode.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/25349-creative-soundblaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi every body
I buy my Xfi xtreme gamer yesterday
I download last 32 bit driver from www.creative.com
afther installation i cant hear nice sound from rear speaker when i watch in dvice manager i can see this version for my sound card
DRIVER DATE : 10/25/2007
DRIVER VERSION : 6.0.1.1304
Is this corect or not? and what should i do for get nice sound from rear speaker?

S.P : i see this message from my dxdiag

Notes : The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Plz help me

A:Problem With Creative Xfi Xtreme Gamer

your current driver may not be compatible with your system as it says ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed.

go back to your hardware's manufacturer website & download the driver compatible
for winXP version.

when you download the driver,be specific with the model of your sound
hardware as you haven't mentioned your sound hardware specifications.

if your not sure what xfi product that you have,please attach the dxdiag
report to your next post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-creative-xfi-xtreme-gamer.100055/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello.
I want to upgrade my soundcard Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer and i don't if it's worth.
For now i use my headphones Sennheiser 429 HD + Logitech 5.1 x530 but soon i'll have Behringer MS40 instead Logitech 5.1 x530
What would you advice me ? Should i go for Asus Xonar ? Should i go again for some better Creative soundcard ?
I do hear music as well, gaming and movies.
Any ideas / suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance

A:Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer / upgrade

Upgrading and whether its worth it is very subjective. Depends on your specific case and if you think you need it.

I have a recording studio (using Sonar X2) and very attuned to sound and use high end studio monitors, but for my own PC use the RealTek built in sound card is acceptable to me.

The Xonar's are popular. There is another sound card company that uses the same chip as the Asus, HT Omega, you may want to check them out. I used one of their cards in an older PC, to replace a SoundBlaster and was very happy with it. HT Omega - The Next Generation in Audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/286352-creative-sb-x-fi-xtreme-gamer-upgrade.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Ok, so I read the stickied topic about the X-Fi Xtreme Audio driver, as I think this maybe a part of my computers less-than stable condition after recent Fresh Installs of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I got 2 things...

1) When I install Drivers off my CD, I get a SpiRunE.dll error about a module isn't there/cannot load. But the installation completes and I restart PC and it loads up the Creative Register/Update program.

2) Creative.com website is down. Does anyone have a Mirror site available for this driver or the Daniel K's? Is this compatible with Win 7 H.P. 64bit?

Thanks

A:Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio / Creative.com

PCI or PCI-E?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/166270-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-creative-com.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my computer and downloaded the new .90 driver for my "Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio" PCI. I can't seem to switch between the recording device "Microphone"(front Jack) and "Line-In"(Back).

Also I tried downloading the driver package that includes the "Creative audio console" but the installer for that says that it cannot find the driver specified. I really would like the Console back, it made switching audio devices and sound setups much easier. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

A:Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio Driver Problems

Welcome to sevenforums SawedOn

Download this file again...reboot, and see if you still having problems.

File Name : XFXA_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0090.exe

Download the file onto your local hard disk.
Close all other Windows applications.
Double-click the downloaded file.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
I'm assuming you're running 32 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/26637-creative-x-fi-xtreme-audio-driver-problems.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Greetings all,

My P35 Nero mother board has onboard Realtek? AL888 HD audio. I also have installed a Creative Xi-Fi Xtreme audio card.

The audio card will NOT allow me to record "what I hear". Is there a way to switch back and forth? Namely, to use the audio card for music, movies, etc. and then when I want to record "what I hear" to switch to the onboard AL888?

Thanks for your input.

A:Onboard Realtek AL888 and Creative Xi-Fi Xtreme

Only one I found for Windows was this

Windows Software: Tools to change your default audio playback device. ? Inspect My Gadget

There were plenty for Apple.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/287796-onboard-realtek-al888-creative-xi-fi-xtreme.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hoi Hoi Hoi folks

I got a Creative SoundBlaster Xtreme gamer a couple o' days ago. I have serious problems with drivers in vista.

This is a short of what happened (I'm running dual boot):
1. Installed drivers in XP, updated and did everything. Sound is good.
2. Installed drivers in Vista, sound was good.
3. Updated vista drivers and restarted.
4. Sound went Cabom (just as it was before I changed settings in the console) and I can't access the different modes console, and most stuff is deactivated.

I've tried to uninstall everything, used several different drivers, done EVERYTHING, but it seems like there's always some crap left in there.

So what I really want to know is:
How do I get rid of EVERYTHING related to Creative and it's drivers?

Thanks

A:Creative Xtreme gamer drivers problem

Uninstall, then clean by using something like this: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Driver-Cleaner.shtml (haven't tried)
Or some else driver removal tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-xtreme-gamer-drivers-problem.758431/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
I've recently bought a creative SB x-fi xtreme audio, and no matter what update i do, I keep having delay problems( 0.5 to 1sec) when connecting my guitar through the mic/line entry.......
To make things worse, the driver even crashes and all sounds get delayed, i mean even in windows media player!!!! This is driving me crazy..... I'm kind of new here so don't be too harsh on me.....
Any help would be much appreciated.....
Many thnks,
Brian

A:Creative SB x fi xtreme audio delay problem!

I have a computer based recording studio (Sonar).

Latency can be one issue. Also, if you had Integrated Audio before (e.g. RealTek, SigmaTel/IDT, etc) make sure you have that disabled in the BIOS so there are no conflicts.

Run the DPC Latency checker and see what it tells you. DPC Latency Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/164071-creative-sb-x-fi-xtreme-audio-delay-problem.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, im running windows 7 (7100) 32 bit.
Ive got Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio in, ive downloaded the xp, vista and 7 beta drivers from creative, they either say driver version not found OR they say the device isnt plugged in properly, which it is having run it with xp. The only thing i dont have is the disk anymore.

Has anyone managed to get this sound card working with 7? if so how did you manage it?

A:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Download this driver for X-fi, work 100% in W7.

? PAX PCI XFI Windows 7 V1.20

and read that post if there any trouble.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/13819-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I installed my soundcard, everything works perfect. I installed drivers and i get no trouble at device manager. After I plug my headphones in and try to play music, i get no sound. At the sound options in windows i see the soundcard and it looks like it works, because the green bar goes up and down. I read that i need to turn onboard sound off in bios. I couldnt find it in my bios (Award Software F4), dont know why, so i deactivate onboard sound at device manager but it didnt work. Maybe someone knows the problem and can help me

Best regards,
erDi

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

A:Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio plays no sound

If you have installed a separate sound card, the front panel headphone jack connection has to be moved from the motherboard to the separate sound card. If you didn't move the connection that is probably your problem.

Depending on the age of the PC and the BIOS, the on-board sound could be labeled "Legacy Audio" in the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351382-creative-x-fi-xtreme-audio-plays-no-sound.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Yes it's one of these threads again I have a MSI NF -G motherboard w the ill-fated nForce chipset this one being a SLI I am running on Windows x Professional I have tried modifying the latency timers in BIOS updating BIOS completely uninstalling the drivers w Driver Sweeper disabling devices disabling hardware acceleration turning off active auto-virus programs etc I put it into my XP system today and experienced none of these issues It must be something with the Creative drivers or Vista Windows 's audiodg exe On the DPC Latency Checker I have seen spikes as high as us whatever unit of a second that is The graph looks for the most part unstable I jump from us to us in a blink Clearly the XtremeGamer wasn't designed for Windows but it Xtreme X-Fi Creative Snap, Crackle, Pop Gamer still does not justify its failure to operate correctly on the operating system It is an old sound card I love dearly My question now is to ask whether any of you have any suggestions and if not will buying a PCI-E version of the X-fi chipset solve my problems The ones without the X-fi chipset are quite expensive and seem to be designed for audio engineers and other music audiophiles I use mine primarily for gaming

A:Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Snap, Crackle, Pop

Quote:
will buying a PCI-E version of the X-fi chipset solve my problems?

Best I can say is maybe. If you're not adverse to trying modded drivers it might be worth giving this one a try,

SB X-Fi Series AuzenUAA Pack 1.5 (02/20/2010) - Creative Labs

It is a little older than the current Creative driver, but it worked and sounded just fine on my Xtreme Music when I was using it back then. If you do decide to try it follow Daniel's advice for uninstalling (about half way down on page 5, SB X-Fi Series AuzenUAA Pack 1.5 (02/20/2010) - Page 5 - Creative Labs ),

Quote:
Uninstall the driver by running the Setup.exe, selecting "Remove all shared files", then reboot.

Uninstall all apps, reboot.

Remove the Creative folders in "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)".

Remove the "Software\Creative Tech" and "Software\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech" registry trees inside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Install the driver, reboot.

Install the apps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/117322-creative-x-fi-xtreme-gamer-snap-crackle-pop.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey all Panel Creative Audio Volume Xtreme Xf-i Missing? Ok I want to give some good news and tell Creative Xf-i Xtreme Audio Volume Panel Missing? you that I have finally with a friends help managed to install Windows bit on my computer Best bit is that it is nearing years old so I am pleasantly surprised that it s running as well and as smoothly as it is I am very pleased and keeping fingers crossed of course as yet I have had no issues with it System has been blessed with a new lease of life Faster more responsive and my god Windows looks sexy Now if there is a tiny niggle of an issue then it is why I am posting today I have the Creative Xtreme Audio soundcard on my system and Windows has updated it to all the latest drivers Sound seems ok and thus far it is not reporting any problems I have the Creative Media Organiser and all the other mod cons etc etc However where has my Volume Panel interface gone In Win XP I had it permanently attached to my task bar Basically a little volume icon if you like in bottom right corner with everything else You right click the icon and then you get the entertainment console where you can change settings etc Looked nice even in XP I must admit I'm a tad disappointed it's not here in Windows and also confused as to why everything else is here except that facility Do I have to download it separately I don't fancy putting my original CD in that came with PC from day one as I'd have to manually look for that particular component and extract it Infact I don't even know if that is an option as I am pretty sure it formed part of the whole Medisource Go package and I have that and it s up to date So please help me and tell me what I need to do to get this feature back Is it not part of Windows anymore Has it been removed for Windows Anyone else had this issue Thanks for reading Sparky

A:Creative Xf-i Xtreme Audio Volume Panel Missing?

The problem is you let Windows install the driver for it, and that is pretty much all you got as it doesn't install things like the volume panel. For that and the drivers you need to either visit the Creative download page for the card or use something like this,

SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - Aud... - Creative Labs

that has the drivers and all the apps included (and can pick and choose which of the apps you want, no need to install all of them).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/191420-creative-xf-i-xtreme-audio-volume-panel-missing.html
Relevancy 71.81%

The Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card works fine in Windows 8. The drivers for Windows 7 work without any problem and the Creative updater and control panel also work as they should in Windows 8. The drivers can be downloaded here for the X-Fi Xtreme Audio card - Creative Worldwide Support > Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

BETA DRIVERS:

June 28, 2012

X-Fi Beta drivers for Windows 8.

Creative Worldwide Support

A:Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio card

sounds like music to my ears...but unfortunetally doesn't work for me. from beginning of w8 my card is unvisible. any ideas please?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/4428-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-card.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey mates Today I bought and installed a new sound card Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express More PCI Xtreme Audio Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Express information about the card can be found here Creative Labs Online Store Europe Sound Blaster Buy Creative PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio Anyway this card is a little bit weird because it has line-in and microphone in one port I read a costomer review from the internet Quote Pros Everything on this card works EAX Open AL I cant think of something that doesnt work Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express Cons The mic does not work at first yes we know theres a reason why though read below to everyone having problems with this i had this problem too Other Thoughts You need to install the drivers that come on the cd or on the creative website once you have creatives programs install you need to go in and switch the Line in over to Microphone Creative allows you to do that its something that comes with The software that they bundle then you just have to make sure it doesnt start up with your computer and you are good to use your mic now Now the problem is that when I connect my mic it detects it as a line-in thingy and says microphone not connected Now I'm trying to find out how to switch from line in over to microphone Can anyone help me do that I have Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express windows ultimate And I Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express don't know if its anyone connected to it I hear and see that others who have Creative's X-Fi have some kind of quot What U hear quot thing also I don't see it anywhere I have the latest drivers and some creative applications installed Thanks

A:Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express

Anyone? all I need to know is how to switch from line-in to microphone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58450-creatives-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-pci-express.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro sound card I have it for like years now and x64 Pro problems Vista Xtreme Gamer X-Fi Creative Fatality I can say that I had a lot of problem with it The only problem that seems impossible to solve Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro Vista x64 problems and which is driving me nuts is the crackling sound that I hear during music playback I have a Razer Mako speakers and I've tried all the drivers from Creative older and new but that didn't helped The crackling sound is even worse when I activate X-Fi Crystalizer Searching for an answer to this problem I've found out about Daniel K modified drivers I installed them and even though the crackling isn't so obvious as before it still can be heard I noticed that if I kept the audio volume from Vista under the crackling will disappear even with the speakers volume at maximum I borrowed a M-Audio Revolution sound card from a friend and installed it on my PC There was no crackling sound whatsoever and I had no issue with it I'm thinking seriously to go back to my onboard sound card In the future I will know to stay away from Creative sound cards and their faulty drivers IMG file C Users Andrei AppData Local Temp msohtmlclip clip image gif IMG

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/222652-creative-x-fi-xtreme-gamer-fatality-pro-vista-x64-problems.html
Relevancy 70.95%

To start Hi I am a first time poster to sevenforums and registered here because of the wealth of information threaded out over the years Well done to all Right now down to the serious I as many others have experienced the sadness of upgrading to Windows only to find that my rear surround sound speakers do not work I have - Checked conectivity of rear speakers - replugged to let HD Audio acknowledge and give options to what speakers are involved - swapped plugs to different colour ports - changed from to and diddled the side speakers settings - changed volume levels as per speaker - reconfigured registry - UPDATED the Realtek Audio drivers and Creative xtreme when soundcard inserted drivers as of Sept Audio/Creative No Realtek HD Soundcard rear Xtreme speakers. the list of to do's is tasking so will stop at none of the suggestions either worked or there was front speaker sound rear sound available The apparent behaviour that I experienced is channels even though da dah da dah has been inputed reinserted and reconfigured into either the Realtek onboard Sound Manager or the Creative Xtreme soundcard Audio Manager when the card is inserted I am a very experienced systems Realtek HD Audio/Creative Xtreme Soundcard No rear speakers. builder by profession but was gobb smacked by this little gem Why does Surround Realtek HD Audio/Creative Xtreme Soundcard No rear speakers. Sound Speakers Realtek HD Audio/Creative Xtreme Soundcard No rear speakers. Logitech work with XP with onboard Audio and with Soundcard straight out of the gates Why does the sound test from Windows sound off all the channels correctly and yet when playing music or videos does it revert to when same songs and videos on xp audio were surround Why does it appear that Realtek and Creative are aware of the problem and even though there are updates it still persists Gob smacked yes so I tested my system hardware and speaker setup and decided to Dual Boot the system with Windows and XP on it The result being that my surround sound was back with XP dead with W It relieved me no end that I was not going crazy and that the Windows audio is screwed somewhere so I conferred with collegues and we are going to test a theory that it may be the CPU make of the board that is - a My system is AMD oriented with Realtek Audio Manager b we will test this weekend with a Intel equivalent exact spec version with VIA Audio Manager Please if someone has an Intel motherboard with Via Audio and have had this problem with the rear speakers please let me know else will continue with the testing

A:Realtek HD Audio/Creative Xtreme Soundcard No rear speakers.

There are some differences in audio between XP and Vista/Win7/Win8. Some audio functions are handled differently.

Not getting full surround sound can happen with some media.

It has nothing to do with having AMD or Intel CPU systems. Its back to the OS, from what I've seen over the years. I used to do a lot of support on the Dell Community forums and sound was a major complaint when Vista came out and users were upgrading from XP to Vista.

Many older Creative (SoundBlaster) hardware are not Win 7 compatible or not fully compatible. Read - vendors want to sell you new hardware.

I probably just ranted and didn't really answer your questions.

As an off subject comment. I see you list 2GB of RAM but have a 64 bit OS. That is self defeating as a 64 bit OS requires more basic memory than a 32 bit OS does and leaves less RAM for programs. The 64 bit doesn't really do anything for you since the main reason to have a 64 bit OS is the ability to address more than 4GB of RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/347568-realtek-hd-audio-creative-xtreme-soundcard-no-rear-speakers.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello there. Yesterday i've installed this sound card and everything works fine but no microphone. I can see it in control panel but it doesn't work. Mic is fine as i was using it before. I have Win 7 64bit.

If you have any idea what can cause the issue please help, if nothing will work i will simply send it back to shop ;/

A:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI - microphone problem

What programs are you running to test it?

If your just not hearing yourself, in windows then it's the option there for listen to what you hear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/214319-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-pci-microphone-problem.html
Relevancy 68.37%

im using creatives xfi xtrememusic sound card ad it is working well except that i cannot you my mic. my drivers are the most recent version and running in compatability mode for vista.

A:xfi xtreme music, no mic

Totaly uninstall those drivers and give these a try..

SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 1.0 (01/13/2009) - Sound Blaster - Creative Labs

Those are modded drivers to work correctly on windows 7 , don't even need the compatible mode. Hope it works

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2522-xfi-xtreme-music-no-mic.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Just a quick question, im looking at getting a X-Fi Xtreme Music soundcard, and am just wondering what the difference is between the OEM and the Retail versions as the OEM is alot cheaper but is there any essential software etc that you dont get with it, and is it possible to get this seperately or is it best just to pay the extra and go with the retail version?

A:X-Fi Xtreme Music OEM

What are the buying the sound card for. Better sound quality,inputs,outputs e.t.c. Because I have the sound card you are about to buy because I wanted some inputs it came with. However quality wise I realy cant tell the difference between my built in sound card and th X-Fi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x-fi-xtreme-music-oem.57429/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I recently purchased a new sound card and when I tried to uninstall my previous one a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS I got this message:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002 Error Information: >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1331) PAPP:Creative MediaSource PVENDOR:Creative Technology Ltd (http://www.creative.com) PGUID:2E0C1913-886B-4C5C-8DAF-D1E649CE5FCC $9.1.0.429 @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 0.0

Any help you can lend is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:Uninstall issue (Creative Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002)

Still need help with this. Is there more info i should provide? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-issue-creative-error-code-5006-0x80070002.838034/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys im having problems with my sound card I have a soundblaster x-fi extreme music card that i have owned for a few years I have just re-installed windows and its not detecting my card It was working fine a couple of days ago after the install although i had trouble then i just kept swapping slots and trying different drivers then it worked but im not sure why it has stopped now In the device manager it shows up as a multimedia audio controller yellow but wont let me install a driver for it any ideas Information via Everest CPU Type - DualCore AMD Athlon X MHz x Motherboard Name - Asus M V PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio LAN System Memory - MB DDR SDRAM Video Adapter - ATI Radeon HD X Audio Adapter - Creative CA K X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity Audio Processor Some of the card does seem to be showing up in this programme Thanks in advance nbsp

A:SB X-fi Xtreme Music Card not detected PLEASE HELP!!!

Need any more info? Is it just time to get a new 1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sb-x-fi-xtreme-music-card-not-detected-please-help.963523/
Relevancy 66.22%

I only have a stereo setup at the min but my amp has an optical in. Dose the x-fi xtrememusic ouput optical through one of the stereo ports like a mini disc player connection ie would this cable i have already have from my old mini disc player be any good? heres a link
VIVANCO PHCT515 << UK >> AVLAND Vivanco PHCT515 Toslink to 3.5mm Minidisc Cable

It's optical kind of square shaped at one end like my amp connection is with a traditional stereo shaped jack at the other end which also carries the red optical light in the middle.
I was just about to buy this card for a good price i saw, but if it does not output optical without coax leads i don't think i'll bother with it seems abit silly not to include common types of connections that people use for the price of theses cards.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/215671-thinking-about-getting-x-fi-xtreme-music-but-im-not-sure-about-coax-optical.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi folks,

I have tried to install Music Maker 17 several times now, but everytime i get this error message when the install is nearly complete:

"MAGIX Music Maker 17 Premium Download Version
C:\Users\Hans Vidar\AppData\Local\Temp\mgxodt1bodvu5\product\mm17dlx_en-GB_setup.ms_

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.20.9818.0",type="win32",processorArch itecture="x86"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073712.

Error code 1935"

And then the installation rolls back.

I have updated all (I think) the drivers for my computer and used various clean-up-programs, but I am still getting the same error.

So, maybe anyone her can help me?

Thanks.

A:Error code 1935 when installing Music Maker

I solved the problem by reinstalling Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/138422-error-code-1935-when-installing-music-maker.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

After a malware infection, I lost the sound. In device manager I have yellow exclamation points on all drivers with error code 39. Attached here is a pic of my device manager. I have tried to reinstall drivers, with no change to problem

Thanks,
Matt

A:no sound, music files will not play. error code 39 on drivers

Looks to me as if all your basic Windows sound, video and game controller components are missing...no sound devices installed.

<<I have tried to reinstall drivers, with no change to problem>>

Just what did you do...what error messages did you receive?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319335/no-sound-music-files-will-not-play-error-code-39-on-drivers/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there!

I got a hold of the Windows 7 RC (x64) Build 7100 yesterday and since then have tried many different drivers with no result. At first when i reboot my computer i get a pretty bad sound at startup when i play a mp3 song or open a vidoe but the sound tottaly dissapears after 3-5seconds to never come back again untill a new reboot. Anyone mind helping me that have got things to work out with the same card? Got a nforce 430 motherboard if that does any good.

cheers.

A:Creative X-fi Extreme music

Had problems with my creative X-fi Extreme as well.

Follow the link to get the new creative beta driver for windows 7 and install it (remove old drivers first)

Creative Worldwide Support

It should do the trick

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/9101-creative-x-fi-extreme-music.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Can someone guide me on backing up the music i have on my Creative Jukebox Zen Extra?
I want to back up the actual MP3 files, not just the data of playlists etc.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backing-up-music-files-on-creative-mp3-player.861831/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok - I'm trying to fix my friends' computer - Toshiba Satellite L -S running Windows -bit Windows firewall is off and I need to quot Update Firewall Settings quot When I click use recommended settings I get a message that says it quot can't change some of your settings Error code x quot I get Win7 error 0x6D9 code code on turn Firewall won't error 0x80070424 and the same thing when I click on quot Turn Windows Firewall on or Win7 Firewall won't turn on error code 0x6D9 and error code 0x80070424 off quot and quot Restore Defaults quot When I click on quot Advanced Settings quot I get quot There was an error opening the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in quot followed by it quot failed to load Restart the Windows Firewall service on the computer you are managing Error code x D quot I scanned the computer using both Avast and Microsoft Safety Scanner full scan and took over hours - no infections or issues found I installed all Microsoft updates and followed suggested restarts I ran Microsoft Fix It and I get a message that the firewall isn't running or stopped and it can't be fixed I have gone into services as an administrator to try and start Windows Firewall it isn't there - not in the list of services local I also used SlimDrivers to update all the drivers on the computer What I am not seeing is how to uninstall and reinstall Windows Win7 Firewall won't turn on error code 0x6D9 and error code 0x80070424 Firewall any other program or hardware issue that would seem to be the easiest solution - but I have yet to see how to do that with Windows Firewall I even started the computer in safe mode and chose quot Repair computer quot only to get a message that there is nothing to repair If I can't get the firewall back to quot ON quot is running Avast or AVG enough to keep the computer safe Apparently infected applets were installed through Java Thanks for any help you have PS - I'm not very computer savvy but I am very good at internet research and following directions

A:Win7 Firewall won't turn on error code 0x6D9 and error code 0x80070424

What other Anti-virus was on the computer before Avast?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/205840-win7-firewall-wont-turn-error-code-0x6d9-error-code-0x80070424.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Computer model: Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
Processor: Intel Core i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3.89 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit

CBS Log
CBS.zip - Google Drive

I ran the SURT tool Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x64.msu.
Ran fine, no problem.

Ran sfc /scannow
"Verification 100%"
"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

Also ran
Malwarebytes
JRT.exe
Adwcleaner
Hitmanpro_x64

I still get the "Windows Update Error, Error Code 80070643, Code 9C57"

A:Windows Update Error, Error Code 80070643, Code 9C57

Hi Qpuser,
lookin at your logs
couple of questions
Are you dual booting or have the OS on your D drive/partition.
can you also run, in following order

http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012
and sfc /scannow

copy/paste the results please.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402356-windows-update-error-error-code-80070643-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 49.02%

while playing music through groove music i am getting error "0x8007045d ".......................................

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441615-while-playing-music-through-groove-music-i-am-getting-error.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i am using a free website host for my website. i have tried adding code
to play music,but it does not work. maybe there is something i dont
understand,perhas wrong code or the free website host does not
support music.

does any one have the code readily available? the music i am attempting
to play is a 10-20 second clip from the movie series superman theme
thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,
I'm new here and I think I messed up the post that I made. I had meant to say that all of a sudden I can't use windows installer service I get error code 8007641 or error code 641. I'm unsure why I'm not able to use windows installer anymore and I'm not able to get valuable updates from windows without it. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so, were they able to come up with a solution? Thank you. This is my first day on the site and unsure how to get around on it, but it seems like it's an exciting site and I'm looking forward to using it.
Thanks,
Miket797

A:Windows Installer, Error Code 8007641 or error code 641

DownloadmsiserverLaunch it,click YESRestart the PC and try to updateIf you still have issuesDownloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed ProgramsClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466600/windows-installer-error-code-8007641-or-error-code-641/
Relevancy 48.16%

This is a desktop PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit installed. I'm trying to repair with the disk it was installed with originally. The reason for attempting the repair is that the System File Checker says there are files that it could not repair when I ran it. I ran it originally because I couldn't install or uninstall anything. I would get an error: This application was unable to start correctly. With error message (0xC0000006)

Now trying to repair Windows 7 with the upgrade option I get:
Windows was unable to create a required installation folder. Please reconfigure your boot.wim to use the flag 9 settings for the first image and restart your installation. Error Code: 0x803002f

Any help greatly appreciated....

A:Started with error code 0xC0000006 and now I have Error Code: 0x803002

You may need to attempt SFC up to 3 times to repair damaged System Files. But first disinfect per Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7. If there is any problem go with the bootable scans in Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start as the OS may be in the death grip of infection.

Then SFC may run better from the Win7 installation media or System Repair Disk Command Line: SFC /SCANNOW Run in Command Prompt at Boot.

If these fail then you can try the Repair Install after establishing a Clean Boot per Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

But you may be better off copying out your files to quarantine to follow these same steps for a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which compiles everything that works best in tens of thousands of installs we've helped with here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324851-started-error-code-0xc0000006-now-i-have-error-code-0x803002.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Boot configuration data file is missing some required informationFile   BCDError Code oxc000000d Any fixes for this? Computer wont start up. Worked fine this morning. Got this message this afternoon.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Error code oxc000000d acer aspire R14 error code o...

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)1. create a vanilla Windows 8.1 installation media from this link:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x installation window, click on Repair your computer.3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.bootrec /fixmbrbootrec /fixbootbootrec /scanosbootrec /rebuildbcdOnce the command completes, restart the computer.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Error-code-oxc000000d-acer-aspire-R14-error-code-oxc000000d/td-p/421803/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

No-one replied to this post and so the problem was never fixed The updates continued to fail downloading or installing I upgraded to Windows Home and thankfully didn't need to have the updates installed to upgrade Back in April this year I downloaded two important updates Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework and on Windows and Windows Server R x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework and on Windows and Windows Server R x -based Systems KB However during the installation I encountered Error Code I tryed the installation again without anything else open and still the same result I tryed the installation again having restarted and still the same result I tryed the installation again after running the DISM Tool and still the same result Yesterday I tryed to download another important update Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB However during the download I encountered Error Code F F I tryed everything Code:80073712 Error Code:800F081F Error and FailedUpdates that I tryed previously and still the same result I searched around and both of these error codes apparently mean that a file needed by Windows Update is either damaged or missing I thought I might as-well start a thread about it on these forums as not being able to download install security updates isn't a good thing Please Reply

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68786-failedupdates-error-code-80073712-error-code-800f081f.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently bought this combination (Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500+Creative Audigy LS). I hear the front speakers and the subwoofer but back speakers are not detected even by the diagnostic. I tried everything from installing the latest driver to uninstalling the old sound card. The stereo sound is fine but I can never get the 5.1 surround sound even with DVDs. Could someone please suggest a solution??

A:Can't hear back speakers (Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500+Creative Audigy LS)

Some Suggestions

Check your Audigy HQ settings to see if the speaker modes are in 2 Speaker or 5.1 surround. Or you can go to Control Panel -> Sounds (multimedia settings) -> Speaker Settings and try setting it to 5.1 surround. I have Sound Blaster Audigy and I didn't know how to activate the 5.1 at first and what I had to do was go to the Audigy HQ in the Creative Folder in the Start -> Programs menu and had to set it to 5.1 in the speaker settings. If all else fails, double check your connections at the back and see if you reversed any of it and what not. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-hear-back-speakers-creative-inspire-5-1-digital-5500-creative-audigy-ls.18792/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I am going to be purchasing a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro sound card and a Creative GigaWorks S Speaker System and I was wondering if the X-Fi Elite Pro comes with its own control and in out console box and if I connect the sound card to the console box how exactly do I connect the console box to the GigaWorks S subwoofer so I could have the full surround sound feel to my room And Creative Elite to a X-Fi Creative How GigaWorks Blaster Pro a Sound to connect Solved: S750? do I need the console box connected Solved: How to connect a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro to a Creative GigaWorks S750? to the sound card at all to get the surround sound quality Thanks These are good reviews of the X-Fi Elite Pro sound card -These reviews also show you and explain to you what the connections are and what cables come with the Sound Card http www nvnews net reviews creative sb xfi index shtml http lifestyle hexus net content item php item amp page This is a good reviews of the GigaWorks S Speaker System -This review shows you the connections at the back of the subwoofer http www xbitlabs com articles multimedia display creative-gigaworks-s html nbsp

A:Solved: How to connect a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro to a Creative GigaWorks S750?

I've had a couple of Creative sound cards with the console. They have been the internal models, but I don't think the setup of the external console would be any different. I apologize if I am not correct with what follows since I don't have personal experience with your setup. However, the general arrangement is that your satellites plug into the subwoofer and the subwoofer connects to plugs on the back of the sound card (which is 7.1). And that's it. Speaker controls are done with a utility within Windows. The external console has a headphone jack with a volume control for that. All the other plugs and controls are for things other than your speakers. In fact for most individuals the console is not a necessary item.

Edit: I went to the Creative Web site and I found this line "Easy control of Sound Blaster X-Fi through the convenient, external break-out-box". So I guess it does more than the usual consoles. Hard to tell from the picture. Speaker setup should be the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-connect-a-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-elite-pro-to-a-creative-gigaworks-s750.534741/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a system and I play it through the Sound Blaster X-Fi MB audio card As I'm playing a stereo file Windows Creative - Console X-Fi Creative MB and 3D issues on CMSS 7 in Winamp I have enabled CMSS D upmixing surround It would play in the surround upmixed state for Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console a while and if I play any movie on VLC and return to Winamp the CMSS D won't play it will be Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console still enabled in the Dell Audio panel for Sound Blaster No matter how many times I turn it on and off it still won't play in the CMSS D Surround mode or Stereo Upmix mode Frustrated by that I used the creative auto updater to update my creative drivers And all hell broke Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console loose When I restarted and tried to use the new driver it showed quot The audio device supported by this application is not detected quot I again reverted the driver back to the factory version and now creative audio works but the CMSS D issue still persists Also the Creative Console wont open either Spent the whole day trying to fix this Someone please help me why this happens and how the hell can I fix it So far I have re-installed and updated all the creative drivers and reverted it back to factory version as updates didn't recognize the device My speakers are working fine tested with a media Restarted and reconnected my audio system several times Creative and a few other forums have no answers Been trying to fix it for the past four hours Details Creative X-Fi MB Dell XPS l x Update Though I can play audio over the card and see Sound Blaster X-Fi MB in Dell audio the Device Manager is not showing it

A:Creative X-Fi MB issues on Windows 7 - CMSS 3D and Creative Console

The Dell SoundBlasters and drivers tend to be custom for Dell. I used to work the Dell forums and we always recommended the Dell supplied drivers.

Since this is a Dell PC and the Dell SoundBlaster version, the Dell forums would be the best place to try and get help.
Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352345-creative-x-fi-mb-issues-windows-7-cmss-3d-creative-console.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi i have been getting an error after i install my webcam my computer detectes it ok but i get this error

unable to open file for writing. please ensure that you have sufficient space on your hard disk

here is a screenshot hopfully someone can help me out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-nx-pro-error.724965/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have a Creative webcam and the associated software. It works as a webcam when used with msn messenger or netmeeting. However, when I try to open the software so i can take pictures it comes up with this error and closes:

WEBCAM caused an invalid page fault in
module WEBCAM.EXE at 0167:0040d1ba

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks,
Alex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-webcam-error.221072/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I've been using creative webcam for a while now with no problems but today the software won't load. this is the error message i get:

WEBCAM caused an invalid page fault in
module WEBCAM.EXE at 0167:0040d1ba.

What shoul i do?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-webcam-error.215731/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello and good morning, I having problems with bsod mostly while playing league of legends but can occur randomly at other times. I have done memtest86, scanned the hard drive, and even took it to pcdirect where there installed a new motherboard but the problem has persisted. Thank you very much for your time.

Just an update a new bsod happened while running the repair option on league of legends.

A:BSOD PLaying League of Legends error code 0x0000001e a common code

Hi,

Your Nividia drivers and Nforce networking drivers are causing issues, also some USB issues.

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002e80b05, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Driver Issues:

Code:

Driver: nvlddmkm.sys
Dated: Fri Jun 21 10:06:16 2013
Refers to: Nvidia video drivers.
As you have the latest driver installed, I would suggest Rolling back to the previous version.
If that does not fix the issue, then you may try this newer BETA version

Code:

Driver: nvmf6264.sys
Dated: Thu Aug 12 12:46:06 2010
Refers to: Nividia Nforce networking controller
Please install this driver: NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.56WHQL

This driver pre-dates windows and needs updating or removed, maybe a left over driver:

Code:
Driver: ASACPI.sys
Dated: Mon Mar 28 03:30:36 2005
Refers to: Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7 and Win8).
Also a part of many Asus utilities.
Please update to 2009 driver, if issues persist, uninstall:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4N75TD/#support_Knowledge_51238F06-1E1F-FB63-DF3A-6FC32213CCA0

If this program is not present on your system, then navigate to:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Locate the ASACPI.sys driver and rename to ASACPI.sys.old
Reboot. Do any issues arise?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are also issues relating to USB:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : usbohci.sys ( usbohci!OHCI_ProcessDoneIsoTd+25 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Follow this guide:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html

Ensure you have all the latest Windows updates installed and any USB device drivers updated.

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298239-bsod-playing-league-legends-error-code-0x0000001e-common-code.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am completely stumped by this problem I will do my best to explain it and see what you fine folks can do I had an older bluetooth dongle off-brand model - year that I installed on my new desktop computer It worked but sound quality on my Sony Dr-BT headset wasn't great It worked Bluetooth error) problem driver Bizarre and Code 28 (Code 18 well with my bluetooth-enabled phones and tablets so I suspected the dongle I bought a CSR dongle which came with a CSR Cambridge Radio Harmony software stack I installed the software and turned on the headset paired it but no sound came out of the headset I went to Sound saw no entries Went to device managers and saw the parts in yellow I tried to update the driver but all I got was Code error and this weird message in the picture I clicked on properties and saw Bizarre Bluetooth driver problem (Code 18 and Code 28 error) this message Quote The drivers for this device are not installed Code There is no driver selected for the device information set or element I am stumped I've tried uninstalling re-installing installing other Bluetooth drivers waving a magic wand none of it has worked I'm thinking it's a problem with the Registry but I am not sure how to proceed Any ideas

A:Bizarre Bluetooth driver problem (Code 18 and Code 28 error)

Give this a try. It's free.
https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php
You do need to resolve those Other devices category issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329140-bizarre-bluetooth-driver-problem-code-18-code-28-error.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am having the typical black screen. I just want to see if anyone has a resolution to the problem before I have to spend money for a new one. I checked everywhere before I posted for help.

Thanks in advanced. Joe D.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-code-0f00-021b-block-code-277795-a-298500.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i keep getting these two error codes every time i try to update these programs through windows update: Update for Windows 7 (KB974332) Update for Windows 7 (KB974431) Update for Windows 7 (KB976098) Ive tried to download these updates from the download centre with out any success. please help me to fix this problem im using is windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

A:error Code 800F081F and Code 8024200D with window 7 update

Hello,Some third party programs can affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), I recommend you temporarily disable or uninstall them and then try accessing Windows Update later. If the problem still happens, try the following steps:Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder================================================1. Close all the open windows. 2. Click "Start", click "All programs", and click "Accessories". 3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".4. In the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Note: Please look at the cmd window and make sure it says that it was successfully stopped before we try to rename the folder. However, if it fails, please let me know before performing any further steps and include any error messages you may have received when it failed.
5. Click "Start", in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".7. Right-click on the folder, select "Rename" and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.8. Still in "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service. If you still cannot install updates, running system file checker and check if the problem is caused by the corrupted system files: System File Checker================1.  Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.   2.  Type the following command, and then press ENTER:  sfc  /scannow  The sfc  /scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones.   3. Please restart the computer and recheck the original issue. In-place Upgrade============= 1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive. 2. Click Start and choose Computer.3. Please find the "setup.exe" file in the DVD-ROM and double click it.4. Click Install now. 5. When we are prompted to input the product key, please click Next without inputting any key. The setup wizard will prompt and ask if you agree to install Windows 7 without the key. Please choose to confirm.6. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the system files of Windows 7 Note: While performing the In-place Upgrade, the system will restart automatically (several times) to merge the files and programs. Please leave the computer alone and do not configure it until In-place Upgrade is completed. The system will start Windows 7 once it is upgraded. Thomas77

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5db335c5-b193-48c1-a8bf-b6b7d665b80a/error-code-800f081f-and-code-8024200d-with-window-7-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.44%

Attachment 290231
i having problem with this windows update

here is zip for CBSAttachment 290230

thanks!!!

A:windows update error (code 9c48 and code 9c57)

You haven't run the CheckSUR tool.

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308652-windows-update-error-code-9c48-code-9c57.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a HP c AMD Athlon running windows xp There is an integrated video card that went bad So in installed a a Pci Pci code video 12 with Code error on to in 12 bridge, xp card Recieve an AGP video card it is a D Prophet XT MB Now that the card is installed when I have it activated there is a code on one of the pci to pci Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card bridges so that my network card Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card in the other pci slots will not Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card work I have tried the network card on other computers and it works fine i have also tried the video card and it works fine I also tried other items in the pci slots while the agp card is in modem sound card and i still recieve the same error The card works when a pci bridge is enabled but only with the VGAsave driver and with very low quality When i check the device manager while both pci to pci bridges are enabled when i can only run the VGAsave driver it says the there is a conflict under the I O range with the VGAsave and an Pci to Pci bridge Any windows updates just delets the pci to pci bridge listed in the device manager And i have tried all the drivers i could from AMD HP Hercules Any help would be welcomed on how to fix this nbsp

A:Code 12 in xp on a Pci to Pci bridge, Recieve a code 12 error with video card

your hp box is not only engineered by hp (who tend to focus on low assembly costs) but is an oem build, thus severely limiting your options. a suggested next step would be to attempt to poke around in the bios setup utility and/or to try out a wider variety of cards/slot configurations. good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-in-xp-on-a-pci-to-pci-bridge-recieve-a-code-12-error-with-video-card.27804/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys first time posting so Error 100000d1 code code error system apologies in advance if I do something illegal As far as I can gather I should be posting in the right forum I system error code Error code 100000d1 ve been having system stability problems for the last week or so I think it might be because of a mass driver update across my system since nothing else seems to be the cause Basically I updated some drivers bout a week ago and now the PC either hangs or auto-restart when I m playing games At first I thought it might be due to OC instability so I reset my bios to default settings Didn t quite work out completely as the system still exhibits the quot sudden death quot during gaming Have tried the steps in the sticky above on refreshing the page file defragging etc Problem still hasn t gone away All rams have cleared cycles of memtest at volts and volts without problems though everything has been reset to stock already My system specs are as follows AMD X MSI K N Neo Platinum x mb Kingston CH PC DDR x mb Mushkin Black Line BH DDR Inno GT mb Creative Audugy ZS Platinum BenQ Gigabyte CD-RW Hitachi IBM GB SATA II Western Digital GB SATA HD Verudium Vortex W Am fairly sure its not a power issue and the core temp never exceeds degrees even at full load Its about idle Am guessing it might be the soundcard though Anyone able to help Would be most grateful for any assistance and thanks in advance nbsp

A:system error code Error code 100000d1

Looks like NV4mini.sys is the Nvidia faulting driver... Your Inno 6800GT drivers are at fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-code-error-code-100000d1.75580/
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings, I need help solving the error codes below. Thank you

Product: Windows Defender -- Error 1923. Service 'Windows Defender' (WinDefend) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Product: Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - Update 'Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2251419)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\MSIfb8e4.LOG.

I hope I have provide useful information to get your help.

Sincerely

A:Error code 1923 and Error code 1603

hi, got a questions for ya. have you uninstalled any virus protection software lately? the reason i ask it might of left remnants behind if you did not use the removal tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-code-1923-and-error-code-1603-a-521915.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone,a few days ago i've installed Windows 7 64-bit(ultimate),everything seems to be going well except for the sound card -.-, I go on the creative site and download the drivers for 64 bit windows seven, but when it comes to the end of the installation gives me a message saying the device is not supported as well if I try to open the audio console same message, I tried the modified drivers and the problem seemed to be resolved, but it is not the same as the original drivers, does anyone know how to fix? My sound card is a Creative X-fi Extreme Audio

P.S. Sorry for the English I'm not good

A:X-fi Creative audio console Error

pasky, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The card PCI or PCI-E? Despite the cars being identical except for the slot they go in, the drivers are different for each.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/168059-x-fi-creative-audio-console-error.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I keep getting this error whenever I try to open creative audio center to access cmdss, eax effects, bass settings, etc. I am using Sigamtel HD Audio Codec, Logitech X-540 ( Decreased Volume output from vista to 7, instead of leaving my volume knob halfway i have to turn it max).

Any help would be appreciated, I get sound, but I don't get to access my Creative Audio Center settings.

A:Creative Audio Center Error

Updating your driver to the latest version may solve your problem. I've got Creative Audigy 2 NX with latest driver and it works perfectly on Win 7...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/36678-creative-audio-center-error.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I install the software (and driver automatically) for my Nomad MP3 player, I receive an 'error installing driver' at 95%. Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-error-creative-jukebox.427785/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just installed a PCI Creative CT4750 card with audio and midi jacks into my computer, and now when I boot my PC I get the following error message " PCI/PNP Error! Resource Conflict- PCI in slot 1 Bus: 03, Device: 0A, Function:00 " . After I log onto Windows XP Professional, the hardware is successfully installed and I viewed device manager to check for any conflicts and there isn't any. When I try to listen to audio through the rear port of this device I'm not getting any sound even though the audio is enabled and is set to maximum. Can someone please help me solve this problem so I can get the audio working?

Thanks. The PC is an IBM ThinkCentre Intel Celeron D 2.80 Ghz , Windows XP Professional SP3.

A:Solved: Creative CT4750 PCI Error

Problem solved! I swapped the two devices around on the two PCI slots I have and I get no more error messages on boot as well as now the sound works. Thanks anyways.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creative-ct4750-pci-error.941694/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have fully removed the drivers from my system because I am not using my creative sound card anymore. when trying to remove the software that comes with it (the software is for effects like reverb) it gives me the error; Gyazo - b56b3ecbabd93ad08ed03eb384df44b8.png

also when my pc starts up it says error while loading SPIRunE.dll. I googled it and it had something to do with creative software. I have disabled anything related to creative in MSCONFIG as well Gyazo - 77203709b089b053d0c8ea013795de8a.png

A:Error while trying to UN-Install Creative Audio Software WINDOWS 10

Did you run the uninstallers in Programs and Features or just used a 3rd party tool to remove drivers?

Also this is the Windows 7 forums, you have more chance for a solution in Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/370282-error-while-trying-un-install-creative-audio-software-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Error Code C D aka code is an error message that can be displayed in several different Error (aka: code C00D1199 80040265) Code ways and can be worded different as well but it all refers to this error message originally posted as message There were a few posts on here about them but many of the threads seemed to be closed I just noticed that I have gone through all of the motions and really tried but no pickle here well there might be a pickle but it is the kind of pickle you get stuck in and is not cool whatsoever Here is what I have done Made sure that the format was supported with Error Code C00D1199 (aka: code 80040265) windows media player It was as it is an avi so no problems there Here are the types that are compatible au and snd aif aifc and aiff cda vob jpg swf dvr-ms mp and m u mpeg mpg m v mp mpa mpe mp v and mpv mid midi and rmi avi and wav asf asx wax wm wma wmd wmp wmv wmx wpl and wvx wmz I made sure that other avi s I have in my collection were working properly with the WMP Windows Media Player They were just not the ones I was trying to fix of course I made a sandwich and drank some Yoohoo Installed a sturdy set of codecs with DivX to ensure that that was not it I know I had to do it before but I recently cleaned and started my PC from scratch again so the previous codecs were not there Made sure all of my audio devices and drivers were updated and installed properly-for the most part-which I will address again here in one second Still no good pickles I have an NVIDIA GeForce gc Well during my expedition I came across a Windows Driver Detective http www drivershq com It seemed very helpful at first It scans your drivers and tells you which ones are out of date so then to my surprise it told me that of mine were out of date and I think that the NVIDIA may have been one of them So it gives you the option to fix all of your problems at once HOW CONVENIENT right Nope have to register and pay some sort of software fee I may sound like a cheap-skate but I am So I have my conclusion here that there may be some sort of information missing from these files or it is possible that there may be some update that needs to be sneezed in my general direction and I would think that the codec pack I retrieved was sufficient but who knows it could be that So what is the verdict I was able to fix a few of my files by doing these things but there are some I can t seem to budge Should I give up on them Let me know what you think or if you have any advice or even questions about my advice issues Here are some things I found helpful From user- Kitch http forums techguy org multimedia -how-correct-error-no- -a html Microsoft Support http support microsoft com scid kb en-us q Somewhat Helpful Windows Web Help http www microsoft com windows windowsmedia player webhelp default aspx amp mpver amp id C D amp contextid amp originalid Not So Helpful WDD http www drivershq com nbsp

A:Error Code C00D1199 (aka: code 80040265)

Welcome Miss Haley, have you read through some of the suggestions here? They seem to have some detailed info on the error code C00D1199 (aka: code 80040265)
http://www.updatexp.com/c00d1199.html

I use the free "Jet Player" and love it - whether it's movies or music - there's not much it won't play or burn, (runs circles around WMP)
http://www.jetaudio.com/download/
Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-c00d1199-aka-code-80040265.890529/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am unable to install Windows updates as I get an error " Code 64C : windows update encountered an unknown error..
Same with Code 66A
Please help.
I am unable to also install Windows Live essentials
I am using Windows 7
Greg

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c82eb8bf-4ea1-43ff-ab49-272ea5eb279c/windows-update-error-code-64c-code-66a?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.15%

Admin password or power on password1st is how do I disable it all together?2nd thing I need system disable code # 54575104

A:System disable code error code

@Shuwat66? Please enter            41453120 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-disable-code-error-code/td-p/5826532
Relevancy 43.86%

Symptom:
The URL of a shared folder on the LAN,  copied into Windows Explorer address bar produces the Network Error in the above title.
Network Error: WIndows cannot access
\\server.LAN.com\MySharedFolder   Error Code: 0x8004005 - Unspecified error.
But from a Dos terminal, Windows Explorer can open the same location just fine.  From DOS terminal:
start

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b15bbdfa-e1de-445c-948e-f9eb02a4dd67/network-error-windows-cannot-access-serverlancommysharedfolder-error-code-0x80004005-?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 43%

Hey i have added music(.mp3s) or sound effects on my videos no problem on Movie maker..

But i am having a bit of a problem now it keeps on saying ''error adding Music starts after the last(photo or video)'' in project. i have tried it and it still won't work doing.

And i was putting sound effects or music in the middle or and the start of my videos and in fact i have added a sound effect today before it kept coming up with adding music error.

The mp3s(and sound effects) are not corrupted.

Why am i getting this adding music error all of the sudden? How do i fix this stupid problem?

I have to delay posting my video since sunday(upload day) for my Youtube Channel now i will have to do it again for another day and i have been working very hard on this video.

A:Live Movie Maker error adding music error? PLEASE HELP!?

Hi,
Could you reinstall microsot essetials you can download it by google searching it
if the problem still assist go to the file and make sure that at the end of its name the is a ".mp3" or it wouldnt be readed by Movie maker.again if it still assist try another video editing software there are tons of them

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43271-live-movie-maker-error-adding-music-error-please-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Alrighty See when I go Java error, error. opening Folder' and 'Music the to Aethereality net and I go to view their gallery a BUNCH of their images are broken links I tagged at the board and saw that others were experiencing this as well They were all told to update cookies and I didn't quite know how to do that So I tried to update java for her images work through java And well that didn't quite work out so well You see my laptop was telling me of how there was a java update so I clicked on it and when I told it to install it didn't I found that rather odd and I simply don't know Java error, and opening the 'Music Folder' error. why it's doing that Also when I downloaded LimeWire THAT wouldn't work because my Java isn't updated When I click on the java icon nothing happens I deleted LimeWire because that refused to open now as well A friend of mine told me to delete java then reinstall that However that attempt failed miserably I tried to reinstall it but it didn't work Now onto Java error, and opening the 'Music Folder' error. opening 'My Music' It's not just with 'My Music' but with 'My Documents' 'My Computer' etc etc When the 'report error' message comes up I click 'Debug' and it opens again I mean that's the easy way out but I want it stopped for good I've run Norton AntiVirus and Ad-Aware I'm clean as far as they say Can anyone help me Information OS Windows XP PC Laptop Laptop Connects through Router - Verizon DSL If anyone needs any other information simply ask

A:Java error, and opening the 'Music Folder' error.

If you open up you Java control panel (Probably under "Other Control Panel Options on the left side of the Control Panel window), click on the update tab, and select Update Now.

If this doesn't work, uninstall Java (using the Add/Remove Programs control panel), and then download and install it again from this webpage.

EDIT: Please explain what problems you experienced when you attempted to reinstall it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/java-error-and-opening-the-music-folder-error-54970.html
Relevancy 42.14%

ok guys im trying to find Xtreme-G 77.77 XP 32 bit for my vid card *a third party driver* because its supposed to be better than the manufactured driver. *if i install new drivers for my card it becomes unstable..* so i was wondering if anyone knows where to get this even though its so old?

*Sorry for posting this here if its the wrong spot. i couldnt figure out where i should post it.*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xtreme-g-77-77-xp-32-bit-help.630134/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am thinking of getting an X-Fi Extreme card, for my personal pc. I do a lot of gaming on my pc. I can get an Extreme Audio for a great price right now. Is there anything hardware or software that the Extreme Gamer will do that the Audio wont? If its software can I use the gamer software? I can?t seem to find any info on this, any input would greatly be appreciated.

Ryan

A:X-Fi Xtreme Question?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.... I guess I will be getting the Gamer!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x-fi-xtreme-question.85086/
Relevancy 41.71%

I Have The Xtreme Fidelity X-Fi sounds Best On X-Fi DVD amp ROM for those who been haveing the same problem Installing this on windows Vista I Found the soulution To Use the origonal DVD CD ROM That came with the sound Card everything works the - Speaker Setting work the way there supposto If You Run Them Through you're stereo system you have to have - or - sourond sound system in order for this to worked Install The Vista Web updated Driver Go through the Instilation Instructions it will come up you have a prievious version of creative lab Say ROM DVD And X-FI Fidelity Xtreme yes to Uninstall of it if it comes up it will asked you take the lt Full gt Instilation-The follow Instructions it will ask you to reboot so setting's will take effect When you computer reboot's back to the desktop Put Xtreme Fidelity X-FI And DVD ROM in The Origonal DVD-CD That came with you're Sound Card here's The Fun part Click the Install when the DVD CD Bring's Up The Creative lab Instilation INSTALL It it will come up with a Driver already there click yes to Uninstall this file go through the proceedure you will be aible to keep the Driver is the Same But To Vista it will Think You're You're Installing The vista Logo Driver from The web Site A Few Months back micro soft came up with a Compatible Driver For All OS versions Of windows Instilation They Sent it out By mastake i found it today on my computer To long to Explaine but it's there But Vista Protocal Protection Security File Comes into place all the when this file is activated by an Instilation it blocks the Vista Protection file for Creative lab and think's the version is installing under windows some printer drivers where like this for Xp pro as well if you couldn't find an update driver Now You can INSTALL The Origonal Divers that Came with this DVD nd use the DVD DEMO-DISK as well there are extra drivers built in for the D Drivers and when thats all done Go through the set up Audio Creation Mode set up here's way of tweaking the creative sound card to Sound Great I like it too me a bit to figoure this out Print this out it's gonna come in Handy Ib Audio Creation Mode Change the HZ Frequency to HZ And go into the Setting Mode Bottom left - bring you're Mouse Currsor over to The Game Mode here s where you Tweek You Card to The Best preformance possible Make Sure the - Is Clicked On In Speakers Crystal at Xpand Mode turned On Bass Optimizer Turned On There also a setting s for the Speakers Setting the distance for the speakers it's there as well I use The max setting's is for the left and right use the max for all go though the testing Mode's once you have all this done Hit the Mode back To Audio Creation Mode Make Sure on The Left side Bottom it says KHz Kick okto hold that setting for this mode you will see the Input Dials there are rows of the make sure each is set to the Middle Ballance Row As well The Mute Change them All To Solo till All The Green Lights Up on each Front L R Blue lt -------All the way accross all buttons Rear L R Blue The Same Front C Sub Blue lt ----The Same Rear C Top Blue lt -----The Same Side L R Blue lt ------The Same There's A lock Button Hit to lock thease Setting's you will have to do this just for the Blue settings when you reboot you're computer thats and hit Lock and Minimize that window for the Audio Creation Now i hope this was Help Full a Lot of people don't go into detail I like to make sure they Understand how to use there software and the Equipment the Install I Covered Stuff Vista And Creative Labs Didin't Cover Install the update From Creative Lab ALchemy X-Fi yoou can use this as well but not nessarly since you're DVD rom had all this in the first place Daahhhhhhhhhh I said to Creative labs And Microsoft they Should Be Smack for Not Giveing The propper Information But I guess it's not there concern or Priority To fix what needs to be Fixed first lol

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/132843-xtreme-fidelity-x-fi-dvd-rom.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hello, i posted few days ago request for help in one thread from xfi but no help, so im starting new thread.

so : i have SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI OEM.
can someone help me step by step what to do to enable the mic ?
have following problems : cant find any useful drivers cause during installation are some errors like :
- myimg.de - kostenloses Bilderhosting
- myimg.de - kostenloses Bilderhosting

also cant install SB audio panel described in this thread : Creative's Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express

pls help what and what sequence to install to enable the mic ON.

A:X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI

klila, welcome to the Seven Forums.

If you haven't tried it yet this,

SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) - Aud... - Creative Labs

probably has the best chance of success.

Also you say it is an OEM card, wouldn't happen to be from Dell would it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/127173-x-fi-xtreme-audio-pci.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used 321 Studio's DVD Xtreme, and your opinion on if its any good or not.

Ive heard some people say the get good video but no sound and vice versa.

Thanks for the info.

A:DVD Xtreme any good???

I haven't heard anything good about any 321 Studios software. So beware, especially with the big lawsuits going on with them right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-xtreme-any-good.14838/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I recently installed AVG on the family computer and ran a virus scan, which came up with a few problems. The biggest one was that the computer was infected with the XTreme RAT trojan. This has been removed, but looking at the capabilities a RAT gives I would like to see what damage has been done.

What do I need to be looking for in the Events Viewer for things like the Webcam being turned off and on, remote access, files being remotely accessed etc?

Do I need to take any further action to protect the computer in the future? I don't know how long it's been on there, my sons keep installing games and things from the internet despite me telling them not to, so I don't know where it's come from.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

A:PC infected with XTreme Rat

Hi,

Israeli Defense Systems Hacked with Xtreme RAT Trojan | The State of Security

Wow, if this thing is good enough to mess with Israeli defense systems, your only logical choice is to use Killdisk on the hard drive and then install Windows clean after.

Change passwords to everything local, and otherwise.

Use only Firefox with assorted add-ons such as No-Script, BetterPrivacy, HttpsEverywhere, Adblock Edge, Disconnect, Ghostery, RefControl.

Don't click links in e-mails and don't download torrents that do not have exceptional only reviews.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/40794-pc-infected-xtreme-rat.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I've been meaning to create somewhat of a HTPC partly by buying the card mentioned above. But I'm still not sure whether that will give me 5.1. I have a reciever (Yamaha 540) with only the optical input currently free. Can I with just the right cable (what sort of cable?) input 5.1 to the reciever no matter what codec the audio is in (for example ACC 6ch)?

Thankful for any helpful answers, seeing as how this is not really my field at all!

/niles

A:5.1 with X-FI XTREME AUDIO NOTEBOOK

You will need to go optical to optical... There may be some kind of USB audio adapter available, but it might be expensive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-with-x-fi-xtreme-audio-notebook.95286/
Relevancy 41.28%

I used to use an GeForce 6800 XTreme from XFX. It's PCI express and 512 DDR3 with SLI capability. However, after a bad electrical surge that ended up with me replacing most of the parts in my PC it doesn't seem to work anymore. When I put it on the motherboard its green light for power comes on and its fan spins, but when I try to hook it up to my monitor it doesn't seem to send anything. I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do for it, because I replaced with some gig ddr2 card that's nowhere near as good.

A:My old GeForce 6800 XTreme

Did you replace the motherboard? If not have you tried this card in a completely different computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-old-geforce-6800-xtreme.123588/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, I have windows vista ultimate installed on my computer. My onboard sound is a failure, it does not work worth a penny. So i bought this cheap $20 card instead. Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 This is the card that I bought. If you read through the comments it states that there are some drivers that will work with vista instead of xinxp and win2000. If someone could help me figure out where to find the drivers, like the actual page, and then install them correctly, that would be awsome. If not I am only going to return the card. I really dont want to cause i had to pay for shipping, so please reply back soon. :DP.S. I have the following spec's:Vista Ultimate (64 bit)80 Gig HD8400GT Video Card4 Gig DDR2 Ramand the computer will run the card if i can find the drivers.Again thank you and hopefully I can get it to run.

A:5.1 Xtreme Sound Card

EDIT: I'm sorry, I saw Xtreme Sound in the title and assumed creative. I can't help you with that card (the Diamond), I never saw a good review on them so I wouldn't buy one. Good luck. read the rest of the post if you are thinking of buying a Creative Card though..........Four words: Write your own drivers.Nope, I'm not being a smart ass. Creative deliberately crippled their sound cards so they would not work correctly with Vista. In the words of VP for Corporate Communications Phil O'Shaughnessy to a regular poster on their forums, "Daniel K" who DID write drivers to make Creative cards work in a forum message that also threatened to sue "Daniel K": "By enabling our technology and IP to run on sound cards for which it was not originally offered or intended, you are in effect, stealing our goods," writes O'Shaughnessy at Creative's forums. He goes on fiurther in the message to state, "If we choose to develop and provide host-based processing features with certain sound cards and not others, that is a business decision that only we have the right to make."You can no longer read the original post made on Mar 08, 2008 at the creative forums because after a few days someone realized that Mr. O'Shaughnessy had basically admitted that Creative deliberately sabotaged their own products so they would not work in Vista and they removed it and replaced it with a nonsensical press release. However you can find the original message here among other places as it was a matter of public record and as such saved by many media outlets. The complete statement before being removed was as follows: Daniel_K: We are aware that you have been assisting owners of our Creative sound cards for some time now, by providing unofficial driver packages for Vista that deliver more of the original functionality that was found in the equivalent XP packages for those sound cards. In principle we don't have a problem with you helping users in this way, so long as they understand that any driver packages you supply are not supported by Creative. Where we do have a problem is when technology and IP owned by Creative or other companies that Creative has licensed from, are made to run on other products for which they are not intended.We took action to remove your thread because, like you, Creative and its technology partners think it is only fair to be compensated for goods and services. The difference in this case is that we own the rights to the materials that you are distributing. By enabling our technology and IP to run on sound cards for which it was not originally offered or intended, you are in effect, stealing our goods. When you solicit donations for providing packages like this, you are profiting from something that you do not own. If we choose to develop and provide host-based processing features with certain sound cards and not others, that is a business decision that only we have the right to make.Although you say you have discontinued your practice of distributing unauthorized software packages for Creative sound cards we have seen evidence of them elsewhere along with donation requests from you. We also note in a recent post of yours on these forums, that you appear to be contemplating the release of further packages. To be clear, we are asking you to respect our legal rights in this matter and cease all further unauthorized distribution of our technology and IP. In addition we request that you observe our forum rules and respect our right to enforce those rules. If you are in any doubt as to what we would consider unacceptable then please request clarification through one of our forum moderators before posting.Phil O'ShaughnessyVP Corporate CommunicationsCreative Labs Inc.You can read some of the functions Creative disabled and how Daniel fixed them :here.In short, while Creative has been forced kicking and screaming to enable some of the features that they deliberately disabled 5.1 sound is not one of them. If... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235204/51-xtreme-sound-card/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys, sorry if this was asked before but i did do a search on it and found nothing. Have any of you tried this version of windows? It's called Windows7 xtreme R1 and it's suppose to be just a mod of windows 7 but with lots of cool tweaks. well i got my hands on an installation disc and I was wondering if I should give it a try but I don't want to go through all the hassle just to end up uninstalling it.

Any input???

A:Windows 7 xtreme R1, ever heard of it???

It's most likely an modded copy of Windows w/ hacks & tweaks that remove activation and certain features. It's not worth using, you can't ever trust modified system images unless you know exactly where they came from. Even then you should still use your own product key and not rely on activation work arounds.

Bottom Line: Don't use it.
Use a stock version of Windows 7 that you buy from the store and disable whatever features you don't wish to use.

It really isn't that hard to "tweak" windows to run faster. There are quite a few things you can do including but not limited to:

Running frequent cleaning products & defagmenters
Disabling Windows Features you don't use (Media Player, etc)
Disabling Visual Effects
Disabling Services you don't use.

Keep in mind some of that requires that you're an advanced user so that your don't fubar your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/78857-windows-7-xtreme-r1-ever-heard.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Just tried this mod but got the dreaded BSOD.
Are there any new updates to this?

Thanks in advanced!

A:Audigy SE to X-Fi Xtreme Audio

People have had sucess with the Daniel K drivers Thse are third party drivers. It is always best to get then from creative. so read the disclaimer. Daniel K Releases Dolby Digital Live Unlocker for SB X-Fi series - News - Extended64 - The 64-Bit Windows Community You can also try drivers from here http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-...09/td-p/527485

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32547-audigy-se-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 41.28%

This isn't really a Windows related issue but I was hoping someone here could help me I have two Gigabyte HD 's and I bought two Accelero VGA coolers and installed them on one card so far Xtreme Accelero problem Fan Plus II but the fans are not getting power The Gigabyte card has a stock Accelero Xtreme Plus II Fan problem -fan setup and the connecter is a pin but the connecter for the accelero is a pin with a pin that branches off and also comes with this fan adapter but the instructions are crap and doesn't explain at all how to use it I have connected the pin accelero fan connecter to the pin receptor on the card in both possible positions to no avail I plugged the pin into the v and the pin into the v on the adapter and my system wouldnt power up only flashed I'm assuming I almost screwed something up Can anyone explain how to use the power adapter to me Can it be powered without using the receptor on the card WTF do I do

A:Accelero Xtreme Plus II Fan problem

ok, so after multiple combinations and even getting it to pop and smoke, I plugged the 4 pin into the 12v port of the adapter alone and now my fans have power. It would be nice if they had mentioned the adapter in the instructions at all... I am extremely lucky I didn't fry my card. For some reason, it still works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/182701-accelero-xtreme-plus-ii-fan-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I don't have much dosh after buying this 24" screen but i really need to replace this POS realtek hd onboard with a good soundcard. I do have the Xtreme Audio but i was not impressed to find out it is a fake xfi with no hardware acceleration

Anyhoo i have about ?50-60 to spend , does anyone here have the xfi gamer? is it good with games and perhance whats it like in windows 7?

Thankyou

A:Xfi Xtreme Gamer , thoughts?

I have the gamer card but I did not install the 7 beta yet so can't tell you from experience. I saw several people on guru3d forums claiming they got X-Fi to run under 7 using the original X-Fi drivers for Vista - guess that's in the compatibility mode. These drivers were also hacked by one guy already so that they are recognized by Win 7 without the compatibility mode. If I was to buy today I would go for the Titanium though - it is the real PCI-e - unlike any other PCI-e sound card. They all use the PCI to PCI-e bridge and only the X-Fi Titanium is the real thing. I am sure it will be fully supported in 7 - it is the newest card from soundblaster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2409-xfi-xtreme-gamer-thoughts.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Although I enjoy the look of the xtreme desktop software it seems to wrap itself around my computer and choke it slowly as if it were an anaconda First most of the links I click are redirected to various sites where you may download or purchase something Ohio lottery used cars real player are among a few Then running programs like windows search or spy sweeper open in Desktops...Harming my Xtreme PC! a minimized window and proceed to quot not respond quot If I try to clean my disk I receive noticed that windows files have been Xtreme Desktops...Harming my PC! replaced The last straw occurs when programs suddenly become erased such as MSN messenger and America Online and the quot add remove programs quot option becomes blocked by an error message Now I did some process of elimination to make sure I was not speaking without the assurance that xtrme desktops does pose a threat to someone s PC Once all of the side effects had begun I ran virus scans via Norton antivirus and could not find anything posing a danger I then ran anti-spyware software spy sweeper xcleaner windows defender ad aware personal spybot the works Despite this I neglected to find anything which may pose a threat to my pc s health I have a windows XP desktop I received only a year ago equipped with the latest video cards and free disk space Ergo according to the xtreme desktops website I should be having no problem Due to the problems I experienced I was forced to reinstall my operating system and giving the xtreme desktop one more opportunity to function on a clean PC I found it failed miserably Now I assure you I am quite cautious when it comes to downloading software and am positive the problem I experienced are due to xtreme desktops if you beg to differ please let me know what the problem could be nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

i'm curious if anybody is still using their x-fi xtremegamer soundcard on windows 8.1 OS.

I really wanted to dump it and use my onboard realtek ALC892. But, the audio to my surprise was inferior. Odd that a card I acquired in 2008 still beats out a modern onboard sound solution even beyond the ALC892 iteration.

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

A:Anybody still using x-fi xtreme gamer on windows 8.1 ????

I find my RealTek sounds as good as the old SB Xfi sound card I had in my old PC.

I'm not a stickler for PC audio, but I have a recording studio and picky about the studio sound.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/40530-anybody-still-using-x-fi-xtreme-gamer-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Gday

I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit, and I am thinking about getting a PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio card, in the list of games Creative Alchemy supports it mentions Warcraft 3, does anyone know if this also includes the expansion pack to Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne?

I have asked tech support at Creative they could not answer my question, I have also posted the same question on the Creative forum, no replies .

At the moment I am using the onboard sound, but it has been getting choppy, that's why I am looking at a sound card. The PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio by Creative is relatively cheap, that's why I am looking at that one, so as to rule out other problems.

I have updated the Realtek drivers, to the latest ones to see if this would solve the problem it didn't.

A:PCI Express X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Helloooooooooo anyone home??

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/283888-pci-express-x-fi-xtreme-audio.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have the latest Creative driver on here for Win 7 64bit, and I'm not getting any sound. Anybody else having this problem.

A:No Sound from X-FI Xtreme Gamer

Im afraid that I have my soundblaster X-FI Extremegamer running fine. Or as fine as it can be running given that Windows 8 is still buggy as hell.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/2748-no-sound-x-fi-xtreme-gamer.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am wondering if I will need to buy an Xtreme N notebook adapter for this router to work, or will it still work with the Intel WIFI Link 5300 802.11 AGN that comes with my system?

thanks in advance,

Links2

Relevancy 41.28%

It appears the latest large windows update, has made the latest driver for my card unusable. I'm getting no sound and the software gives me an error of the device is not found on the system.

I know this is an older card, and I'm hoping that Creative puts out a new driver soon to solve this issue, in the meantime, any suggestions? I can get sound through the HD TV I use as my monitor, it's even halfway decent sound, but I'd rather get my speaker set back up and runnning.

Any workaround oh windows 10 guru's? Or do I just wait.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35574-soundblaster-x-fi-xtreme-gamer.html
Relevancy 40.85%

no matter how many times i clean the drive it will still come up with this error i can t figure out what is going error error, Code at 03 fail - Power (CD-burne 0 calibration [Medium 73 (16) Write 03 on i am able to convert the movie just fine but when it comes times to write to blank dvd it won t do it this is the problem i am having on my laptop which i will include the log for some reason on my pc the program convertxtodvd doesn t even acknowledge that i have a dvd drive i believe it is the pcouffin which i have uninstalled and Write error at 0 (16) - Code 03 73 03 [Medium error, Power calibration fail (CD-burne reinstalled but i cannot get it to work it says it is working fine but device no longer available well here is the log from my laptop which will convert but will not finish the copy AM info Report session closed AM error BURN Write error at - Code Medium error Power calibration fail CD-burner is dirty AM info BURN Write started sectors to write AM info BURN Writing speed requested x effective x AM info BURN Available write speed x x x x AM info BURN Media ID SONY-D - AM info BURN Media type DVD R AM info BURN Multiword DMA Mode AM info BURN Scanned files folder - total size b Gb AM info BURN Inserted media type DVD R AM info BURN Write started AM info --------------Encoding end-------------- AM info Disc name quot pv-jumper quot AM info Burned folder quot C Users Jon Documents ConvertXtoDVD pv-jumper quot AM info BURN New media inserted Burning layer is ready to write AM info BURN Compatible media types DVD-R DVD-RW Seq DVD-RW RO DVDRAM DVD R DVD RW CD-R CD-RW DL DVD R DL DVD-R AM info BURN New Drive selected - Slimtype DVD A DS AZH NH E Ide AM info Total size Mb Target size Custom Mb Occupation AM info Conversion completed in AM info Rendering rate x Realtime AM info DVD duration incl menus sec - rendering time AM info Generated duration sec expected sec AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info Chapter start at AM info File Stream Sync delay ms AM info File Stream Sync delay ms AM info Starting at S AM info Stream delay s for playback position AM info Output Stream AUDIO - Audio ac Hz stereo kb s AM info Output Stream VIDEO - Video mpeg video yuv p x PAR DAR q - kb s pulldown - gt Fps AM info Video processing Fast bilinear resampler - gt AM info Video processing Pad Left - Top - Right - Bottom AM info Video processing Crop Left - Top - Right - Bottom AM info Chapter sequences require b temp space AM info Source file END DETAILS AM info Stream AUDIO Audio mp Hz stereo kb s AM info Stream VIDEO Video mpeg yuv p x PAR DAR FPS AM info Type Audio Video file with stream s - Playback order - Queue AM info C Users Jon Documents Downloads Jumper TS XViD-PreVail pv-jumper avi AM info Source file DETAILS AM info Video bitrate Kbps min avg max AM info Resolution TV standard TV Screen FULL D ntsc AM info AM info ----------------Title ---------------- AM info AM info Video bitrate has been set to maximum possible value for DVD specifications Target size may not be reached AM info Stream s found - est duration reference AM info Opening file quot C Users Jon Documents Downloads Jumper TS XViD-PreVail pv-jumper avi quot AM info Project size Gb Mb audio - Gb video AM info BURN New media inserted Burning layer is ready to write AM info Don t fix audio gaps AM info Engine Log AM info Encoder quality AM info --------------Encoding begin-------------- AM info --------------Menu settings end-------------- AM info No menu generated AM info --------------Menu settings begin-------------- AM info --------------Burn settings end-------------- AM info Default speed selected x AM info BURN Compatible media t... Read more

A:Write error at 0 (16) - Code 03 73 03 [Medium error, Power calibration fail (CD-burne

Replace the laptops burner... Laptop/notebook CD/DVD R/W's are very delicate and are more subject to failure than desktop writers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/write-error-at-0-16-code-03-73-03-medium-error-power-calibration-fail-cd-burne.99479/
Relevancy 40.85%

During Windows backup which wants to backup the 'C' drive and my games drive 'E' for some reason I get the following error message after the 'C' backup has completed but not the 'E' 'The backup operation that started at ' - - Backup a with 0x8078012D/disk error error' 'device code fails read T Z' has failed with following error code ' x D' The operation failed due Backup fails with a 'device error' code 0x8078012D/disk read error to a device error encountered with either the source or the destination If the source or destination volume is on a disk run CHKDSK R on the source or destination volume and then retry the operation Please review the event details for a solution and then rerun the backup operation once the Backup fails with a 'device error' code 0x8078012D/disk read error issue is resolved ' I ran CHKDSK R and received several errors of the type 'A disk read error occurred The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters detected in file xxxxxx of name xxxxxx ' My 'E' drive is TB with GB free I really don't believe that the cluster s in error are bigger than G but what do I know Anyone have experience with this problem Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34523-backup-fails-device-error-code-0x8078012d-disk-read-error.html