Windows Support Forum

Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Q: Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 88.15%

Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k022dx Sleekbook My screen brightness keeps changing by itself, and I'm not talking about due to lack of use (i.e. screen saver). It is highly annoying how do I make it stop. It changes by itself in both directions, light to dark and dark to light.

A:Laptop Screen Brightness keeps changing

Hello Bite_Me, Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!I understand the computer's screen brightness randomly changes. I will do what I can to help you with this! I will provide a document on troubleshooting display brightness issue. The document will provide settings and fixes to resolve the random adjustment: Resolving Problems with the Brightness of the Display I believe this information will help resolve this issue. Either way, please post your results. Thanks for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day! Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Screen-Brightness-keeps-changing/td-p/3492927
Relevancy 75.25%

I want to achieve this without the use of two EDID Emulators, so hopefully in software (Is there something I can do in software to force an output on both an HDMI port (1920X1080P @ 60Hz) and a DisplayPort (4K @ 60Hz) ports regardless of something being plugged in).
I'm using an ASUS h110t motherboard with onboard graphics if that helps.
Thanks,
James

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436340-how-can-i-stop-programs-jumping-screen-screen-when-unplugging-re-plugging.html
Relevancy 73.1%

how do i change my screen brightness? i have a dell 15 r, and my fn keys aren't working for the brightness. is there a way through control panel?

A:changing screen brightness

Hi -
Do you have any buttons on the lower part of your Monitor ??
If you do, one of these usually has a Menu included, and options to adjust Bright / Contrast Etc -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450593/changing-screen-brightness/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys, mine is a very unusual predicament, I just bought a new Dell N311z

I've noticed that when the brightness of my screen is anywhere between maximum and minimum it automatically decreases or increases on will, without me doing anything.

I've also noticed that when the background on the LCD is of a darker colour the brightness decreases and when it's a lighter background the brightness increases itself.

I've tried everything from disabling the ambient light sensor to calling up Dell customer care and after having spent 3 hours on doing what they made me do it still hasn't fixed my problem. I reset the laptop to the factory settings, i reinstalled all the drivers as well.

I have a Dell N311z. Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I'd really appreciate your reply.

Thanks in advance.

A:Automatically changing screen brightness

I've heard of screens that adjust the backlight brightness depending on the content of the screen - the idea is to "fake" a greater contrast range with whiter whites and (particularly) blacker blacks.
I suspect that your screen is doing exactly this and it isn't a software issue at all...I don't know your machine but wonder if there might be a BIOS setting to disable this feature, maybe...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/190196-automatically-changing-screen-brightness.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I had posted this problem in another forum and got no responses One of my friends suggested it might even be a virus so here are my logs Also GMER didn t find any rootkit malware DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Michael at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender continually brightness Screen changing Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost Screen brightness continually changing exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe Screen brightness continually changing C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x Symantec AntiVirus Smc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE Screen brightness continually changing C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x HP HPLaserJetService HPLaserJetService exe C Program Files x Kodak AiO Center EKAiOHostService exe C Program Files x Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKPrinterSDK exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Dell Dell WWAN WMCore mini WMCore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Symantec AntiVirus ProtectionUtilSurrogate exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System spool drivers x EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files x HP ToolboxFX bin HPTLBXFX exe C Program Files x Evernote Evernote EvernoteClipper exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Logitech Touch Mouse Server iTouch-Server-Win exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSAmpPalService exe C Users Micha... Read more

A:Screen brightness continually changing

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Please close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with OK.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468002/screen-brightness-continually-changing/
Relevancy 67.08%

As long as the power cable is plugged in in my notebook the brightness of my display is fine.

But when I plug it out and use the battery the brightness becomes suddenly darker.

Why?

How can I prevent this switch-to-dark-screen?

I found no corresponding option in the power plans

Peter

A:Notebook display brightness low when plugging out power cable?

Try going to the Power options and then click Change plan settings for your power plan then in the next window under battery at the bottom is a adjustment for brightness. Be sure to save changes one done.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293496-notebook-display-brightness-low-when-plugging-out-power-cable.html
Relevancy 65.79%

hello,i am  using hp 15-r201tx notebook since 1.5 year with intel core i3, geforce 2gb grphicscard and  windows 10.My laptop screen goes black when I plug in the power cord to charge it. If I remove the powercord from laptop the screen comes back on. It does still charge the laptop however, even though the screen goes black. so i thaught i have solution for this problem if anybody really have intrest and want to know the solution for this  problem please contact me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-screen-goes-black-when-plugging-in-power-cord-to/td-p/5670961
Relevancy 64.93%

HP nbsp Notebook - TOUCH ENERGY STARModel -ac clWindows -bit nbsp As of the last couple of days my laptop's brightness has seemingly been changing by itself It's been increasing so much that it almost looks like it's in grayscale The brightness fluctuates every - seconds or so becoming extremely bright and then slowly returning to normal This happens both while the laptop is plugged in and changing even Adaptive Brightness... with by Brightness itself, when it is not nbsp nbsp I have Googled this using every phrasing I Brightness changing by itself, even with Adaptive Brightness... could possibly think of and have yet to find anyone else with my same problem I have seen some forum posts about fluctuating brightness but the responses all nbsp said to either disable Adaptive Brightness or to disable Power Saving Technology in the Intel HD Graphics control panel In my case both of these settings were already disabled nbsp I have downloaded both a new screen Brightness changing by itself, even with Adaptive Brightness... saver and a new Chrome extension in the last few days and I removed them both thinking that one of them HAD to be the cause of this problem - no such luck nbsp nbsp Some comments I've seen have suggested that it might be the battery For context I sent my laptop in for repair about months ago and they replaced Brightness changing by itself, even with Adaptive Brightness... the battery repaired the charging port and sent a new charger cord I've had no issues with any of the replacement parts Also I've done battery tests in the last hours the first said everything was fine and the second said that the battery was functioning properly but needs to be calibrated which I haven't done yet nbsp If you have any idea what the problem might be please help me The brightness changes are so distracting that barely nbsp been able to use the laptop and I need it for school I'm not very knowledgable about computers but I have tried to give as much detail as I can so that hopefully someone can help nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Brightness changing by itself, even with Adaptive Brightness...

Looks like you have done couple of troubleshooting so from my point of view:1. You might have a screen protector, plastic covering or comething in front of Proximity Sensor (Located normally beside webcam) which is causing issue.2. Dirt on the Proximity Sensor. If the above two are clear then I would run a system diagnostic and System Recovery at the last.http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259Finally:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Brightness-changing-by-itself-even-with-Adaptive-Brightness/td-p/5712166
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys,

I've tried a bunch of things, but the maximum brigntnes on the LCD screen of my E1505 is still very dim compared to a regular VGA LCD monitor. I tried changing things in the ATI Catalyst driver (and the UP/DOWN brightness funcion on the keyboard) but it's still very dim. I'm getting frustrated... any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/max-brightness-on-laptops-lcd-screen-is-dim.494665/
Relevancy 64.07%

alright, can someone tell me all the possible ways to adjust one's screen brightness within windows 8 on a laptop?

for some odd reason the laptop only adjusts the brightness when on the battery and it does that intelligent adjustment crap(tried to find a more polite word....failed).

A:lcd screen brightness on a laptop

WinKey+I and then in the lower right near the power button is the brightness adjustment.

Most laptops have function keys to adjust brightness as well, but you usually have to install a driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16143-lcd-screen-brightness-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i like to think that all though i am certainly no expert i can usually figure out most of my computer related questions however this one screen Solved: brightness... laptop has me baffled i am using an e-machines laptop and when it is in battery use the screen dims so that it is sooo dark that i can barely see it when it is plugged in it is absolutely fine so i know that there is nothing wrong with the screen i am Solved: laptop screen brightness... aware that it is a setting that is supposed to conserve energy when using battery power but there has to be a way to shut it off i am willing to sacrifice battery life so that i can see my screen i have already been into the control panel and can t quite figure it out even when i adjust the quot brightness quot it doesn t help the screen display when i am not using a power adapter surely there must be some way to get the same display settings when using battery power as when Solved: laptop screen brightness... it is plugged in nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

How do i adjust the screen brightness, on my acer 5735z laptop, for when the charging lead is attached?

Relevancy 63.21%

How can I increase the screen brigtness on an Acer laptop running XP, it is very dark & difficult to read.

Relevancy 63.21%

hello techsupport i have a problem

for reasons i'm not sure why, my laptop brightness is not as bright as it was before. i've already check the screen brightness and its at maximum and i'm using AC power too. right now i

I handle my laptop with care and not even once have i smack/hit/drops my laptop and been using it since 2009 and was fine until recently

my laptop is Compaq Presario CQ20

help?

Relevancy 63.21%

Hey everyone I don't know if won't Laptop screen adjust brightness you know me but I was Laptop screen brightness won't adjust Wii Master on Seven Forums so it's good to be here I decided to change my name but I couldn't think of anything better so I just went with what it is lol Anyways I about a month or ago I went and bought a new laptop since my old one was starting to die on me and stuff It's a Samsung ATIV Book and it's really nice This is the first hick up I've had with it so far and I noticed it happening today I noticed my screen was really dim today as I was using it so naturally I use the Fn key to turn it up but nothing happens Up in the top left of the screen it shows a little brightness meter going up and down as I turn it up and down but nothing changes I went to the power options menu and tried to adjust it there and alas nothing happened I googled this problem to see what I could find but nothing really helped I even tried disabling the display driver and restarting it but that didn't do anything What do you all think

A:Laptop screen brightness won't adjust

Hello That Guy, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to use one of the options in the tutorial below to adjust your screen brightness instead.

Screen Brightness - Adjust in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33280-laptop-screen-brightness-wont-adjust.html
Relevancy 63.21%
Relevancy 63.21%

Every time I boot up, the screen settings have changed to a "two monitors" setting. At this setting, the mouse pointer will run off the screen to the right.

I have to go to "Screen Resolution" and click "Detect", it finds only one monitor, click OK, and it works fine 'til next boot up.

So, how do I get the correct setting to be 'remembered'?
------------------
My system: Clone with Celeron D, running Win 7 Ultimate SP1 (32bit), Dell 1708FP(Digital) monitor, 2GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 5450 display adapter.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my latop brightness to stay at maximum when I unplug and switch to DC. I am aware of the function key but my dilema is that it's a tablet and I don'thave access to that key when it's in tablet mode. I've looked everywhere I know to and cannot find a setting for it. Any help would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-brightness-settings-defaults.757604/
Relevancy 62.78%

My laptop screen seems to be getting brighter. I tried the right click adjustments on the opening screen before going to a browser but nothing seems to change. Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

A:Solved: HP laptop screen brightness & contrast

There's usually a key combination using the Function key and an F1-F12 key to increase the brightness and a different F1-F12 key to decrease it. Have a look at the F keys,for a 'sun' icon.

Usually the problem is brightness gets lower ! If it is definitely increasing there could be a hardware problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-laptop-screen-brightness-contrast.979699/
Relevancy 62.78%

First, techincal specs.
I have a Windows 8.1 Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332, with a AMD A6-4400M APU processor with integrated graphics. My display adapter, according to device manager, is a AMD Radeon HD 7520G.

Now, my problem is that I'm unable to adjust the screen brightness of my laptop. I haven't made any recent changes, and I noticed this about a week or so ago(I don't typically change my laptop brightness, so this could have been happening for longer). In the mean time, I've tried rolling back my display drivers, with no success, and also updating to the latest driver set, which has also not worked. I'm not sure where to go from now, does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

A:Unable to adjust laptop screen brightness

Welcome to the Forums.
What happens when you try to adjust the brightness? Is there no setting? Setting grayed out? Or you change the setting but nothing happens?

If it changes for an instant, then reverts to what it was, adaptive brightness may be enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52484-unable-adjust-laptop-screen-brightness.html
Relevancy 62.78%

This brand new laptop was installed with windows 8.1 64 bits. The screen brightness keys does not function. I urgently need the driver download link. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-screen-brightness-control-not-functioning/td-p/5640814
Relevancy 62.78%

I have had my acer for probably about a year and half or so. I have been having a problem with the screen/brightness for awhile now. Before, whenever I adjusted the screen, the brightness just cut out. I could just barely see what was happening. I fixed this by just closing the laptop and putting it to sleep, then opening the laptop and turning it back on. The brightness returned to normal. If i adjusted the screen again though, it would cut out. I assumed it was some connection problem with the screen. Now my screen won't light up at all. There is no brightness, and the display is very faint. Does anyone have any solutions in which I could fix this problem at home instead of having to pay money?

My computer is an Acer aspire 5740/5340 series

Relevancy 62.78%

I recently bought a recondishioned hp laptop.

The one small niggle I have with it is that the screen seems slightly dull.
I have noticed that if you increase the brightness using the keyboard toggle, it always resets to a low brightness when you restart it.

I am just wondering does anyone know if this is normal, if there is a way to store the brightness setting or any other info? As I am planning to sell the laptop, but dont want to sell it until I know it is ok.

Many thanks

Dave

A:hp nx9005 laptop problem with screen brightness

davids said:

I recently bought a recondishioned hp laptop.

The one small niggle I have with it is that the screen seems slightly dull.
I have noticed that if you increase the brightness using the keyboard toggle, it always resets to a low brightness when you restart it.

I am just wondering does anyone know if this is normal, if there is a way to store the brightness setting or any other info? As I am planning to sell the laptop, but dont want to sell it until I know it is ok.

Many thanks

DaveClick to expand...

Hi

Not sure about your make of laptop but I have a Dell Latitude and in the BIOS is a screen brightness setting.

Be seeing you..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nx9005-laptop-problem-with-screen-brightness.64496/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello

I have a new Toshiba laptop and everytime I reboot the brightness goes to the highest setting

I turn it down using Fn+F6 but then when I restart it goes back to full brightness.

Is there somewhere else I can change this setting?

Also, I've noticed that while I'm browsing and opening new tabs or instances of IE... there comes a point where I can't launch a new window or tab. Clicking on a link does nothing. Right clicking on a link does nothing. Ctrl+N does nothing.

Is this IE 7 specific or a machine issue?

Thanks!

A:Laptop screen brightness uncontrollable/ IE won't open new windows

Hi Lou

I have a dell laptop, and i can set the brightness in the BIOS.

As for the IE problem, cant help you there, I tried IE7 and didnt like it, so rolled back to whatever comes with XP as standard.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-brightness-uncontrollable-ie-wont-open-new-windows.69441/
Relevancy 61.92%

how to stop screen from changing size every time I touch cursor

A:how to stop screen from changing size every time I touch cur...

This is just a wild guess, but do you have Magnifier turned on? It's an Ease of Access feature in Windows that will magnify your screen, or parts of your screen depending on the view. To turn off Magnifier in Windows 7, press the Esc + Windows logo keys. If that isn't the problem, please respond with more details: What is your operating system? When did this problem begin, and do you remember making any changes before it started? Please describe in detail how the screen size changes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-stop-screen-from-changing-size-every-time-I-touch/td-p/2335397
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok basically here is my problem My screen brightness won t go above on the brightness bar slider The reason I know my screen can be brighter is because this JUST started happening recently well like three months but I haven t had time to deal with it until now And anyway- heres symptoms The Windows Mobility doesn t allow the slider Brightness- Vista Hardware Screen Or bug? Laptop Issue? Computer to Laptop Screen Brightness- Vista bug? Or Computer Hardware Issue? go more than Doing FN F for screen brightness to increase using Toshiba hotkeys thing it doesn t go brighter it works but not more than Right as I am restarting right as it boots up it is much brighter then after like a minute it Laptop Screen Brightness- Vista bug? Or Computer Hardware Issue? goes to the brightness mark It hasn t always done this Is this purely hardware issue with Toshiba Is this like preventing the screen from being too bright How can I get it to On restart right before it dims the screen is much much nicer brighter It would be nice to have it brighter all the time I could do a system re-install but I m right in the middle of my school year and I don t really have time at this time Thanks for ideas and help nbsp

A:Laptop Screen Brightness- Vista bug? Or Computer Hardware Issue?

Anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-brightness-vista-bug-or-computer-hardware-issue.761645/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm having a tough time diagnosing an issue a colleague of mine is having Lan Code Stop Plugging Upon Cable In Basically the problem is that whenever this user plugs in a LAN cable his computer Stop Code Upon Plugging In Lan Cable would blue screen with the error x After analyzing the crash dump all signs pointed to quot e e sys quot driver for Intel reg PRO Adapter NDIS deserialized driver A quick google search revealed a lot of other systems experiencing the same problems so we decided to install the latest drivers from both Lenovo and Intel as the system was previously using Factory Image software The updates had no bearing on the blue screens as it continued to occur so we tried to re-install the operating system quot Windows XP Pro quot and saw the same problem creep up This machine is a Lenovo T- so we contacted Lenovo and they replaced the system board citing bad hardware The next day the same thing happened in fact it happened to machines within the same department who were all purchased in the same bulk to the best of my knowledge This user was so frustrated that we switched him out with a brand spanking new Lenovo T- right out of the box The only remains from his old systems were Documents copied over and E-mail pst files About a day later quot Boom quot blue screen again same culprit according to the Minidump I want to think there is some files on the system that possibly got copied over that were corrupt but frankly I'm running out of options on this one I would appreciated some assistance on this one if you need anything please reply Below I've attached a Hijackthis log scan I just ran on the PC I removed information about the company's domain Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files RemoteSupportManager DaMaint exeC Program Files NavNT defwatch exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files NavNT rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files RemoteSupportManager DesktopAuthority exec program files lenovo system update suservice exeC WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exec Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exeC Program Files NavNT vptray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files RemoteSupportManager rmgui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mstart exeC Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Window... Read more

A:Stop Code Upon Plugging In Lan Cable

Read This...and specifically, make certain to follow These Requirements.Post back and let us know if you are now able to connect to the LAN without the bsod. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166043/stop-code-upon-plugging-in-lan-cable/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Have a new PC with a LG 21" Monitor. 64 Bit OS. Using the digital input to the monitor from the PC.

Monitor has the OSD menus, activated by buttons on the edge.
A real pain to use.

Forte Manager does not work for some reason.

Was wondering if there are any free or inexpensive third party applications that
would enable one to change, e.g., the brightness of the display directly from
the PC, without having to use the monitor's OSD ?

Haven't played with the ATI Radeon graphics card that the PC has, and their Catalyst Control center. Is it doable from this ? I'm not too anxious to use it to find out, as I had problems with the Catalyst Control Center hanging up the PC in the past.

Thanks,
Bob

A:Changing Brightness From PC Rather Than From OSD ?

Your graphics adapter should allow this, but if you're actually talking of setting the monitors gamma which can govern warmth and richness, you could give this utility some thought...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/50309-changing-brightness-pc-rather-than-osd.html
Relevancy 58.05%

What's up with the Brightness on my Laptop constantly changing? It seems to get brighter then dimmer whenever it feels like it, and it's getting very annoying! I've tried changing the Brightness plans in the Display menu, but it still does it. What's the best way to set the brightness just the way I want it, and stop it from ever changing? I don't want it to dim or brighten when I unplug it, or plug it back in, or reboot, or anything. I just want it to always stay the same.

A:Ever Changing Brightness?

its not a new laptop with one of those light sensors in it is it? they automatically dim or get brighter according to the ambient brightness.

try disabling the associated service (adaptive brightness)

start/programs/accesories/run , in the box type services.msc and hit return

look for adaptive brightness double click it and under startup type select disabled , then apply etc and reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/80080-ever-changing-brightness.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I made the move to upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic operating system, the best Microsoft have ever produced. I'm having problems with my brightness settings. I can change the brightness before the boot screen, but after that, the brightness is unchangeable. I am using a laptop (Advent 5301) with SIS Mirage 3 graphics. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks guys!

A:Help with changing brightness?

Make sure that you've upgraded your graphics to the latest drivers, I don't recognize that brand.

After that, you should have brightness/contrast controls in the personalization tab. Have you tried those?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/30988-help-changing-brightness.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an asus x550l and the brightness isn't changing. windows 8.1 I have tryd changing drivers and updating but it doesn't change.More info:CPU: Intel core i5 - 4200 U, 1.6 HZMemory: 4 GbODD: DVD Sup. MTL. OS: windows 8.1HDD:750GBAsus X550L

A:Brightness Not changing 8.1 Asus

Try reinstalling the display adapter from the manufacturers website

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152114.0.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi! I have a desktop with Windows 8 pro installed. I am using an external monitor with a brand name I am not familiar with (it has a "w" with 3 dots at the top). Also, I can change the brightness through the settings but it has some bands going slowly up the screen and it kind of distracts me. Unfortunately, I am unable to change the brightness through the Windows settings. Is there an alternative way to change the brightness?

A:Alternatives to changing brightness?

First would be good idea to list the brand and model of monitor you are not familiar with. Bands going slowly up screen sound like a connection problem,a disturbance from another source also, try checking that the connection from the monitor to the computer is tight and not loose. Something next to it could be disturbing it. Also if possible change this connector to another of same type or different connection type, HDMI,VGA, DISPLAY PORT. Have a good surge protector ?

Not sure i understand the part about the " w" with three dots, explain more. Video card has color adjustments in it's properties.
Can use the calibration in display properties in control panel as you adjust brightness.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55291-alternatives-changing-brightness.html
Relevancy 56.76%

how do i change the gamma,brightness,contrast with my ati card?(radeon 1600) because my monitor is dark and i cant see when i try to play counterstrike, i got it to work with nvidia everything works good but when i change the color settings on the ati control panel it works for desktop but not when i open counterstrike!!(or other games, bioshock)

Relevancy 56.33%

Today my laptop crashed when I was waiting for a game for Dota While I was waiting for a game I plugged in a Belkin Mouse connector for my Belkin wireless mouse which I Stop plugging in Unusual Error Connector 0x48 BSOD Mouse when Wireless have not used for some time It didn't come on quickly the first time i inserted it so i removed the connector and put it into another usb port Windows then said it was installing driver software then the Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 screen went fuzzy and crashed A blue screen appeared with The CANCEL STATE IN COMPLETED IRP bug check which has a value of x that came up Apparently this bug check is rare I have attached the dump files I really appreciate it if you can have a look to see if it was in fact the mouse driver which completed the IRP I o request packet and then attempted to cancel it causing a crash or if the crash was caused by two drivers each Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 trying to access the same IRP in an improper way Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48

The BSOD took place when drvinst.exe was in operation, that means the driver was being installed.

Code:
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CANCEL_STATE_IN_COMPLETED_IRP (48)
This bugcheck indicates that an I/O Request Packet (IRP) that is to be
cancelled, has a cancel routine specified in it -- meaning that the packet
is in a state in which the packet can be cancelled -- however, the packet
no longer belongs to a driver, as it has entered I/O completion. This is
either a driver bug, or more than one driver is accessing the same packet,
which is not likely and much more difficult to find. The cancel routine
parameter will provide a clue as to which driver or stack is the culprit.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009e7a198, Pointer to the IRP
Arg2: 05351bcf08000000, Cancel routine set by the driver.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
This issue occurs because of a race condition between a thread of the Redirected Driver Buffering SubSystem (Rdbss.sys) driver and a thread of the I/O Manager.

When this race condition occurs, an I/O request packet (IRP) is processed by a thread while another thread cancels this IRP. Therefore, the Stop error occurs. It appears that the driver is not installed at all. The I/O operation to install the driver is cancelled by the cancel routine.

Dont put any type of load to the computer. Dont run any other programs etc. Keep the computer totally idle. Then attach the mouse. Hopefully it will configure the driver.

When the driver is configured, then you may use the mouse (plug in) anytime.

BTW, how old the mouse is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320673-unusual-bsod-error-when-plugging-wireless-mouse-connector-stop-0x48.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys, I've only recently noticed this, but the brightness on my Vaio is stuck.

FN+F5/6 does nothing at all.

Changing the slider on both Win+C - Settings - Brightness and also through the Control Panel display options both do nothing either.

Any suggestions how to get around this?

Thanks!

A:Sony Vaio E Series Brightness Not Changing

The drivers aren't installed so windows doesn't have control over it yet.

Here are two links that might help:

EDIT: No, wrong link ill post in a sec
EDIT#2

I can't find exact ones. here's a link. Put in your vaio info. Your model seems to be missing from the list.

Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17082-sony-vaio-e-series-brightness-not-changing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i have the K-codecs pack installed and all.. but in some movies (not all) when i play them on windows media player and i just change the brightness or contrast the movie just stops.. the picture actually sort of pauses while the green bar proceeds as if the movies is playing.. I am using windows media player 10.. the problem occured with many movies... some are downloaded ... and occurs with movies that i record using my sony digital camera.. any suggestions??

Relevancy 55.9%

I got a Sony Computer about a year ago and it's been randomly changing my brightness out of no where. Generally it moves it two below whatever I set it as and then changes it back to whatever I have set it on.

I have tried doing everything I can think of to fix it. I changed my brightness to whatever it was changing it to, figuring that would work. It would do the same thing with the new brightness (unless it was a low brightness, then it would bring it up). I thought it might be the Adaptive Brightness thing new computers come with, but mine was off! I turned it on and it stopped doing it for about ten minutes, but then continued doing it.

My computer is a Sony VAIO computer, running Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:Sony Computer randomly changing brightness.

I guess I should add on that when it changes to the lower/higher setting it slowly goes back to what I have it set as. Like it'll fade back to the lower light, or slowly brighten to the higher lighting.

This is annoying my greatly, even though it shouldn't be incredibly noticeable. I tried changing to different power plans to change it, but nothing is working. :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/275776-sony-computer-randomly-changing-brightness.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Why do you format a laptop while changing its screen? I've sent my laptop to service 2 times with a screen failure and HP's technical guys formatted it twice. Would somebody mind to give a logic answer for this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Why-do-you-format-a-laptop-while-changing-its-screen/td-p/5630704
Relevancy 55.47%

When switching between profiles (e.g., sRGB, Adobe RGB) within Premier Color, the brightness just keeps going lower and lower, without modifying it.
E.g.:

I start out at 70 on Adobe RGB
Switch to sRGB and it becomes 43
Switch to Adobe RGB and it becomes 57
Switch to sRGB and it becomes 33
Adobe RGB: 45
sRGB: 27

How are these brightness values stored? After coming from sleep the brightness also seems to change, and I can't make head or tail on how this is 'managed' by which settings where.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990515
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

I have this strange problem with Samsung Slate series 7 since I've upgraded to Windows 8 pro 64. The screen brightness keeps changing randomly when it is at a low level. I have tried to disable auto brightness, put adaptive brightness off and disable the sensor monitoring service but nothing seems to work.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

A:Brightness changing randomly on Samsung Slate 7 Windows 8

Solved. Just downloaded software update Samsung released for Ativ and it will install all missing drivers automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/12541-brightness-changing-randomly-samsung-slate-7-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm sure that there must be an app that prevents your phone changing screen as you pass it from one person to another. Even the slightest touch on the screen as you pass the phone seems to change it back to a previous screen or activates Cortana. HELP PLEASE!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443882-windows-phone-how-stop-screen-changing-when-passing-phone-around.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I Got my XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp Build Date nbsp Dec- - Bios Ver UEFI The fault I was able to find so far that is Crackling power Noise supply. plugging 9550 and Dell un XPS speakers plugging 15 coming from when disturbing issue Condition nbsp - quot When pressing nbsp brightness keys F -F quot little crackling distorted noise from speakers Condition - quot When music playing out of speakers nbsp also at sometimes can hear crackling noise coming quot like speakers can t handle the frequency properly Condition major one nbsp - nbsp quot At the time of plugging in power supply Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply. in or out of laptop quot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply. nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp When video audio u-tube playing I can hear nbsp short crackling noise nbsp lasting about - seconds output nbsp sound also gets distorted nbsp coming from laptop speakers same results happening when using headphones except crackling noise less noticeable sounds becomes more distorted like a tape that about to get jammed So not sure what s goin on there I nbsp have latest Audio Realtek driver installed amp Bios As far as power laptop came with W so crackling happening even with W also I have Precision m laptop that use same power source try that as well same results so it is not defective power supply it is something else Makes me believe that issue with speakers hardware picking up some kind of interference nbsp or crammed to close or insulation are very poor Will be returning that one for full refund as this one I got for gift cant give it like that but I have ordered so will try another one soon and also nbsp CPU throtling as mention still nbsp not nbsp happening when plugging power source to sum up the major nbsp issue I experienced is the speakers as very poor sound with crackling noise here and there power supply nbsp plugging un plugging nbsp while audio playing cause most cracking noise plugging headphones in and out while sound is playing sometimes becomes unresponsive crashing So the speakers and sound nbsp quality output nbsp are very poor on this one besides nbsp that seems to be good Feed back would be good Did anyone experience similar issue and if yes what was your resolution possible fix hardware replacement drivers ect settings adjustments Regards Edward

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply.

Hi Edwards, I am facing exactly the same issue as yours. First they delay the product, then they cancel the product and when they finally ship the product has issues. Please let me know if you found any solution for this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666130
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop screen keeps going blank. and somtimes i am in the middle of something. the laptop keeps runing though as nothing has happened.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-do-I-stop-my-laptop-screen-going-blank/td-p/5663917
Relevancy 53.75%

O K Sorry if this is in the wrong section admins please feel free to move it Here's without into - stop screen safemode Need laptop booting to my problem I have a Lenovo P laptop The screen wire got shorted out so I just always connected it to a TV and never really had a problem I recently upgraded to Windows from After getting that issue with the start menu and cortana not working I tried the make another profile etc stuff from the internet I changed my laptop to always load Need to stop booting into safemode - without laptop screen into safe mode using command prompt NOW every time it loads up it loads into safe mode only problem is I can't see it or do anything because the output for my tv doesn't work So I bought a new wire for the laptop screen nothing Bought a new screen nothing So I assume the motherboard is damaged The HDMI and VGA ports worked up till I set it to boot into safe mode Is there anything I can do short of replacing the motherboard Thanks in advance this is killing me

A:Need to stop booting into safemode - without laptop screen

Originally Posted by Deadly Sones

I changed my laptop to always load into safe mode using command prompt... NOW, every time it loads up, it loads into safe mode... only problem is I can't see it or do anything because the output for my tv doesn't work.

Boot the computer using the Windows 7/8/10 installation disc or USB flash drive.
On the first screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
Run the following command.

bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

Restart the computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35750-need-stop-booting-into-safemode-without-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS on a Lenovo laptop. The laptop only has a VGA card and I have tried a VGA to RCB cable, but it does not work. Want to know if I have to get a converter or is there another solution?

Many Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys. So i have an Asus ROG G751JY laptop. So when i put it to sleep or hibernate, the screen brightness controls (Fn+F5 and F6) dont work. The animation pops up on the screen but it doesnt do anything. Hibernation doesnt resume etheir but thats for another thread. Any ideas here?

A:Brightness settings stop working after hibernation or sleep Windows 7

Hello Nikak mate one of my machines is a G750JM ROG and I find most little irritations like that are fixed with a simple run of these
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
Run these in safe mode and the sfc often best run for two to three runs - you can leave out the /r switch if you think it not necessary.

Edit Forgot try updating the NVidia driver too

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399754-brightness-settings-stop-working-after-hibernation-sleep-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys. So i have an Asus ROG G751JY laptop. So when i put it to sleep or hibernate, the screen brightness controls (Fn+F5 and F6) dont work. The animation pops up on the screen but it doesnt do anything. Hibernation doesnt resume etheir but thats for another thread. Any ideas here?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/399754-brightness-settings-stop-working-after-hibernation-sleep-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Alright so the title is pretty explanatory Was doing basic research and downloaded a video and a minute later blue screen of death that s the error number do??? 0x Stop: giving know to laptop 00008086 blue screen...don't what XP in the title Stop x followed by other zero laden digits like x x x etc - i don t know what it is If I start in normal mode it does start up and programs load but then if I try to do much of anything it freezes completely sometimes it ll go to XP laptop giving Stop: 0x 00008086 blue screen...don't know what to do??? the blue screen again sometimes I lose patience waiting and just restart I am in safe mode with network now which works fine I have ran a bunch of other things which apparently haven t fixed it from cleansers to antivirus software which seemingly XP laptop giving Stop: 0x 00008086 blue screen...don't know what to do??? didn t work properly and I can t seem to fix this I restore to a point days ago and it didn t fix it I assume it s a virus but I have no idea I attached my hijackthis file which I have to say I don t completely understand what it is but everyone uses it Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Crusty exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run dscactivate C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run StrgSync exe C Program Files StorageSync StrgSync exe -w O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-laptop-giving-stop-0x-00008086-blue-screen-dont-know-what-to-do.803957/
Relevancy 53.32%

I was just moving a folder that was using alot of memory into another partition, and I may have dragged it into another folder in the same directory.  It froze for a while and then gave me a blue screen.  I tried going into safe mode, debugging, startup repair...... nothing works.  If I choose repair it says " windows failed to start... to fis the problem.  Insert your windows installation disc...    Status 0xc000000f  Info:  the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."   If I choose start windows normally I get the Blue stop screen (Stop: 0x0000007B).  I dont seem to have an installation disc for my laptop, which is an MSI A6000.   Please help

A:Getting blue screen "stop error" laptop will not boot up

Let's try a Repair Installation.  This will not effect your data.  The instructions include a means for downloading a ISO image which you will burn to a disc to create a bootable disc.

Instructions for a Windows 7 Repair installation.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Window 7 Direct Download Links.  You will need to download the same version of Windows 7 that you have installed,  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc, skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

The ISO image will need to be burned to a DVD in order to create a bootable installation disc.

1a)  To burn a ISO file to a DVD please download ImgBurn and install it.

2a)  Insert a blank DVD into your CD/DVD drive tray, and then close the tray.

3a)  Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

4a)  Click on the Browse for a file icon:

5a)  Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

6a)  Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable DVD.

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10b)  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

It is possible that the Startup... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519754/getting-blue-screen-stop-error-laptop-will-not-boot-up/
Relevancy 53.32%

My cursor wanders all over the screen and sometimes disappears altogether. I do not use a mouse. It is a touch screen with a pad. Can any one help me? It also freezes up when it grows tired of wandering around.

A:Stop touchpad cursor from wandering all over laptop screen

Check touchpad settings in Control Panel.If you can't stop it, use a conventional mouse, wireless one is most convenient type for a laptop.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/stop-touchpad-cursor-from-wandering-all-over-laptop-screen/414.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have an xbox 360 slim i would like to plug into my laptop which is a HP pavillion g7 it has a HDMI on the side and then another slot whivh is like a trapazoid looking slot with holes in it with a picture underneath that kinda looks like a line then a rectangle then a line soo what cords woudl i need for the xbox to plug into my laptop and what would i also need for sound
sound is optional many thank

A:Plugging my Xbox 360 into my laptop

Xbox and laptop video ports are output only ports, you connect each to a display screen but not to one another.
You can network the two and share files that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-my-xbox-360-into-my-laptop.1043616/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I run windows 7 home premium and this morning for no apparent reason when I plugged in my USB stick my computer blue screened, I tried restarting it and the same thing happened, I tested my usb on a different computer and it was fine, I tired both ports on my laptop and the same thing happened on both. The same thing happened when I plugged in a different usb stick, but the usb mouse and webcam work fine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Duck

A:Blue Screen when plugging in USB

First: Did this problem just occur? (If so I suggest try a system restore using a restore point when the usb drive wasn't causing a crash) Second: Try to update your PCI drivers from your computer's manuf. website.

If updating the drivers does not resolve this issue Go to Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Then uninstall all Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Restart the PC and Plug in the USB device and Scan For hardware Changes.
Let me know if this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-when-plugging-in-usb.1027767/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm rather rusty with working with computers, and I'm not even sure if this is right place for this, but I recently got a new Gateway T-6836 laptop which runs on Vista (64-bit). I noticed that while I have my computer on, if I unplug the AC adapter to move to another location and I plug the AC adapter back in, everything freezes. I can't even get the mouse to move and there even is no response that the caps lock is on. I end up having to force the laptop to power off.

There seems to be no problem when I unplug and plug back in the laptop while it is off.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

A:Laptop freezes after plugging in AC adapter

I would just suggest you don't unplug your system from an electrical outlet while on unless you eventually want to purchase a new system. That's just a common sense approach. I would imagine it would freeze up under those circumstances. You need to make sure the system is off before you try the plug n play with your PSU. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-after-plugging-in-ac-adapter.784190/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have IBM 1871PA2 thinkpad laptop. I have issues that it shuts off few minutes after plugging in the charger or sometimes it just freezes and I cannot do any thing. All I have to do to get back into laptop is force restart. I tried running on AC power without battery. Same issue. Need assistance.

Relevancy 52.46%

I had to have my laptop drive reimaged, and I had to reinstall all my programs, etc. After reinstalling iTunes, I plug my iPhone in like usual to move over files, but my laptop doesn't even realize it's plugged in. I had to "installing device drivers" message at first, and every time I plug it in I get the *bong* sound that tells me it knows I just plugged something in, but I don't see the device either in Windows Explorer or iTunes.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. This hasn't happened before. I have Windows 7 64-bit laptop, and a Samsung R580 laptop with an iPhone 4.

A:Laptop not recognizing my iPhone after plugging in

Hello tricon7,

First I would like you to open up device manager (Control Panel>Device Manager)
Then, with DM open, plug in your iPhone.
You should see the new device manifest in DM.
Locate the iPhone device in DM... Are there any errors or notifications (small icons, either a red X or yellow !)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-recognizing-my-iphone-after-plugging-in-687901.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, as I mentioned in subject after upgrade from widnows 8 to windows 10 when I'm plugging in charger screen turns off. The battery is still chargin thou, and when I'm plugging charger out display turns on. I'm waiting for suggestions, Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-turns-off-after-plugging-charger/td-p/5604676
Relevancy 52.03%

As mentioned in the title, I'm receiving a black screen after plugging in my XFX 8800GT card.
- The monitor's working because I can use it normally with integrated gfx.
- my current specs are:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
MB: BIOSTAR P4M90-7A
RAM: 2GB DDR2
PSU: CoolerMaster GX650W, 44A on a single 12V rail
I've taken the card back for testing at the XFX support counter before and it was shown to be working then. Could it be a hardware limitation of some sort I'm running into?
I have previously using Driver Cleaner Pro to clean nVidia, nVidia WDM and S3 drivers from my desktop.

Anyone have any ideas? Do I need to provide any other information?

Thanks and Regards
Alex

A:Black screen after plugging in XFX 8800GT

Start from scratch and do a complete re-install.
Otherwise don't mess with it too much, as you may have to send it back for a replacement, and you do not want to make any changes that void the warranty.
I would test it in another computer if you have the opportunity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-plugging-in-xfx-8800gt.151290/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Sony Vaio that runs Vista 64. Today I tried to plug in a USB printer and got the Blue Screen crash dump. I then tried pluggin in a USB mouse in the same port and got the same thing. I tried different USB ports with both, and still got the blue screen. Just yesterday I used the printer and mouse on this computer with no issues. Help!!!

A:Blue Screen when plugging in USB device

You may be a victim of this update; if you have it just uninstall it >>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973879/#knownissue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-when-plugging-in-usb-device.856793/
Relevancy 52.03%

Toshiba Laptop My buddy just came over and has his Toshiba Laptop and it is having a blue screen stop error Wanna see if we can get some help He has windows you turn it on and it goes through every thing and then you put your password in and get to the desk top and all that is ok when you click to get on the internet it would flash a blue screen and then shutdown I went into system and advanced and unchecked auto reboot so now it doesn t shut down but you get the blue screen and you can t go anywhere when it comes up can t press escape or control alt delete it just is there here is what it says Stop x E stop 2000 blue Toshiba Laptop-Windows screen error--help lt xC x x gt KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Then it says Beginning dump of physical mamory phyical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical supoort group Can someone help with this error nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop-Windows 2000 blue screen stop error--help

Hello,

No module indicated? Check the Event Viewer (Start => Run => eventvwr.msc)

Usually a hardware (newly installed?) or RAM problem. This from Microsoft:

Resolving the Problem

Hardware incompatibility. First, make sure that any new hardware installed is listed on the Windows 2000 Hardware Compatibility List (HCL). For more information about the HCL, see "Additional Resources" at the end of this chapter.

Buggy device driver or system service. In addition, a buggy device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as memory conflicts and interrupt request (IRQ) conflicts, can also generate this error.

If a driver is listed by name within the Stop message, disable or remove that driver. Disable or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup sequence, restart the computer using Safe Mode to rename or delete the file. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you need to start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file. For more information about Safe Mode and the Recovery Console, see "Troubleshooting Tools and Strategies" in this book.

If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, the service can be removed by starting the system using the Recovery Console and disabling the offending system service.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing Stop 0x1E. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve the error. You also need to run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-windows-2000-blue-screen-stop-error-help.647814/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all, its the first time that it is happening to me. I get back from school and turn on my laptop. A blue screen before the hdd boots says that 0x0000007e error. I was thinking its not that bad because i could get in safe mode. I tried to go in safe mode and the blue screen comes back. I tried all kind of safe mode and advanced with f8 and could not get into my desktop.

So i installed a previous vista version on my other hdd. I could enter now into a new desktop. The laptop is not reconizing my Realtek integrated wirless card so i cant go on internet. The laptop cant install my Ati radeon graphic card.

Now i dont know what to do because i cant go on the other hdd that have a problem.

HElp please!! :'(

A:Blue death screen *** STOP 0x0000007E (0x0000005 ....) On MSI Gx730 laptop

Please don't post in such big letters - it is very difficult to read.

There are many, many different reasons for a STOP 0x7E error (more info here: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000007E )

Have you tried Startup Repair to see if you can repair the system that way?
Have you tried System Restore to see if you can repair the system that way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-death-screen-stop-0x0000007e-0x0000005-on-msi-gx730-laptop-438515.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok so JohnWII has been helping me with a networking problem in the networking forum and he suggested I start in SAFE MODE to do a step for restarting screen...now Mode...get start Safe stop laptop in won't Can't blue what we were fixing I tried using F on startup but when I clicked on SAFE MODE it would start and then give me a blue screen saying I encountered an error or something to that affect and then would restart and bring me back to the same screen Can't start in Safe Mode...get blue screen...now laptop won't stop restarting asking what to start up in so I started normally and googled quot cannot start Windows XP in Safe Mode quot It brought me to bleepingcomputer and there it said you could try and start it up manually by going to msconfig and checking off SafeBoot and then restarting when it prompted you to I did that and it did the same thing as before with the blue screen and restarting again except now I can t go back to starting Can't start in Safe Mode...get blue screen...now laptop won't stop restarting normally because I have safeboot still checked so it just continues to reboot over and over I have it shut off right now prob not the best thing to do but I just held down the power button please tell me there is a way to get my computer back on I have a Gateway Notebook running WINDOWS XP nbsp

A:Can't start in Safe Mode...get blue screen...now laptop won't stop restarting

I am having a similar issue. The computer was stuck (after an overnight update?) and i had to hard boot it. Now it seems like the boot sectors are corrupt. Went through the BIOS settings and even tried the hard drive check from there, where it failed test #2. I've hooked that hard drive up to another computer to check it out and all files are still accessible. What I want to do now is try and load XP onto another spare drive to be able to boot the other computer.

Any idea how to load (not mirror) XP onto an external drive from a Vista machine which will then be used as the C drive on the other laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-start-in-safe-mode-get-blue-screen-now-laptop-wont-stop-restarting.880484/
Relevancy 52.03%

Is it safe to unplug my mouse and then plug it back in again into it's USB port without shutting down my laptop?

Is it safe to plug in my laptops power cord while my laptop is running without shutting down first?

A:Plugging in and Unplugging cords while laptop is running?

Yes and yes, except if you are going to unplug the power cord do it from the wall socket first and be sure you have plenty of charge on the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-and-unplugging-cords-while-laptop-is-running.1155961/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a VAIO VGN-AR61S running Vista Premium

Having a Blue ray drive, I wish to play HD movies on my TV... However, when I plug in the HDMI cable, my machine crashes.

If it is already plugged in, my machine won't boot up.... It reports a Hardware error.

If I plug in when up and running.... 'crash'......blue screen.

In panic I didn't take note of error codes....and I obviously don't wish to repeat the exercise .

Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

TIA

Charlie

A:Plugging in HDMI Cable crashes my laptop

This is not a networking issue, I'll move you to the correct forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plugging-in-hdmi-cable-crashes-my-laptop-275649.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Lenovo Y50 Laptop.

Seems that everytime I plug an external monitor via HDMI cable, I'll get a Blue Screen, the Laptop will restart and then it'll be working just fine with the 2nd monitor.

I'm new here, so please tell me if I need to do anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help suggested.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800636D2CE
BCP3: FFFFF88027A8DB80
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:Plugging HDMI cable into laptop BSOD

Complete this tutorial so our experts can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378611-plugging-hdmi-cable-into-laptop-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello My year old Lenovo Ideapad Z shut down after i plugged in the charger and im unable to turn it on now I was watching a video on YT and realised my battery was about so i decided to plug in the charger After I did that the screen went black without any warning the laptop just turned off When i press the power button charger, to shut cant plugging after it Laptop down turn it nothing happens and whats more suprising is that the LED light that lights up when the charger is connected Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it doesnt work either So it just kinda died Nothing smelled bad the laptop wasnt hot at all i have no idea what had happened There was no noise when i turned the charger on So if u have any idea what could have happened and how to fix it please let me know I tried the sec sec push power button without battery charger and it didnt work Thanks in advance for any Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it possible solutions or ideas

A:Laptop shut down after plugging it to charger, cant turn it

Well you could try testing to see if it is the power cord or the battery first.

Try a different charger cord with the laptop and see if it works. If that doesn't do it, try a different battery.

Should that not work, then you may need to have it looked at to see if it is fixable, or needs replacing.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3130218/laptop-shut-plugging-charger-turn.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The past few days my laptop has been freezing after about minutes lately the amount of time has been minutes plugging my after laptop charger. 10-20 in freezes My decreasing to now about minutes First it would only freeze if it went idle but now it's freezing randomly My laptop freezes 10-20 minutes after plugging in my charger. It would only freeze when I plug in my charger I replaced my adapter to see if that was the problem but it wasn't I also tried changing my set up so that my computer wouldn't sleep but still it would freeze I also launched CCleaner to try and clean up my registry and though it did fix up some problems yes once again my laptop would freeze My laptop freezes 10-20 minutes after plugging in my charger. I installed several anti-virus malware programs as well but none of them seemed to work They wouldn't detect anything through quick scan but once I try full scan it would freeze I tried going into safe mode but before making it in my laptop would stop and go into regular mode And just a few minutes ago I got the blue screen of death Please help

A:My laptop freezes 10-20 minutes after plugging in my charger.

Make sure the charger has same specs as original factory one.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Run HDD diagnostics - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Uninstall all of the security apps; reboot after each removal. Install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-freezes-10-20-minutes-after-plugging-in-my-charger-538945.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought a new hp pavilion notebook Product No#L8V46AV. when i start the notebook battery not charging, shows plugging, not charging 0% . Is there any way to slove this issue?

A:my new hp laptop battery showing plugging, not charging 0%

Dear Customer,  Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:Step 01. Click on the Start ButtonStep 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device ManagerStep 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the leftStep 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstallNote: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook againStep 05. Please Shutdown the NotebookStep 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power AdapterStep 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 MinuteStep 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power AdapterStep 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00259897  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-new-hp-laptop-battery-showing-plugging-not-charging-0/td-p/5832409
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi.. think I might a problem with my hardware here.. sometimes when I plug in my RJ45 cable, the screen goes black but it's still on as I can see the outline of my windows. This happened before when I plugged something into the USB port next to it. I took the RJ45 cable out, and the screen was fine again..

Anyone have any ideas? Is my laptop deteriorating? hehe

Model: IBM R31
Operating: Windows XP Professional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-plugging-rj45-cable.507604/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have tried installing two different webcams (both A4) and on both occasions, a blue screen appears after either plugging in the webcam or starting the image capture program (while webcam is plugged in). The first webcam used to work fine on this machine, so I am not sure what could have changed in the interim.

A:plugging in webcam results in blue screen

It's more than likely the driver the webcam is using that is causing your computer to crash.

Have you tried to see if the manufacturer has provided an updated driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/plugging-in-webcam-results-in-blue-screen-409005.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Debug_P25AndyGigabyte_0001.zip

Hey guys,

I have a Gigabyte laptop P25 upgraded to Windows 10. (GTX 770M)
I have a problem only after upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue screen: "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" . When it restarts, it can't load in system when the HDMI still in. So I need to remove the HDMI then restart it again. What does this error mean and does anyone know of a solution to the problem / had similar experience?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58137-blue-screen-when-plugging-hdmi-video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error.html
Relevancy 51.6%

First of all, thank you very much for all your previous help. I'm back with more difficulties. 

My laptop (HP Envy dv7) recently forced a Windows 8.1 update. Ever since, whenever I plug or unplug the charger, the screen goes black for a second or two. Troubleshooting didn't fix it? Help is much appreciated.

A:Temporary black screen (un)plugging charger

That means your display driver is not usable for windows 8 and windows 8.1. I would advise you to download and install Windows 7 display driver in compatibility mode and review if it helps.
There are few steps to set up window 7 display driver

Install & download display driver
Right click on the driver & go the properties
Select compatibility’ tab and test the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and click Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
Finally click on button ”apply” then “ok” and run the file to install it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553117/temporary-black-screen-unplugging-charger/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone!

Recently I bought a new Full HD TV, it's a Samsung LE40B530. I'm trying to get this TV connected to my Compaq Presario CQ50-100ED laptop from hdmi output to the hdmi input on the TV. The videocard is a GForce 8200M. The latest drivers are installed.

The problem is that when I connect the two, the laptop screen goed black and the TV says 'No signal.' Pressing the FN F4 does not work. Also I'm not able to get back into vista on the laptop. The screen stays black even after unplugging the HDMI cable. I have to hold the power button to switch the laptop off. Not a good thing.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks!

A:Black screen after plugging in HDMI cable

More info, are you using the right input screen on your Samsung? Why a laptop? Does anyone use a tower computer anymore??

http://www.vistax64.com/software/270354-black-screen-after-plugging-hdmi-cable.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys Getting so frustrated as I don t know much about computers tech talk and I have a ton of uni work to do Anyway I use a HP Pavilion G series laptop Pavilion G it starts up perfectly normal leave it minutes to start up and to load once I ve opened up whatever it is I am doing e g Microsoft Word Doc Google YouTube Facebook - not all at once - I get the Blue Screen with the stop message of A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent further damage to your 0x00000116 Series Laptop G Blue PLEASE Screen HP HELP! stop Pavilion showing message computer Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP! Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue diable or remove any new installed hardware of software Disable BIO memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xFFFFFA B F E xFFFFF AC C x x atikmpag sys - Address FFFFF AC C base at FFFFF ABB datestamp e ea d It s happened times in the last hours I ve uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it s harmful and I ve just done a windows update following the message that popped up on my screen which prompted me to restart my computer in order to complete the updates Please help someone who hasn t a clue about tech-y stuff Much appreciated x nbsp

A:HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP!

1. welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. Open the windows folder
open the minidump folder
right click on the latest dump file in that folder
hold your mouse on the entry send to
on the next options that open will likely be send to compressed file
if you left click that it will usually ask do you wish to place on desktop
then attach it on your reply by clicking go advanced and manage attachments
3. What OS please in full eg windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
and which antivirus please
I've uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it's harmful Click to expand...

such as please - why would you opine that it may be harmful
All I have is what you tell me so I need the details please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g-series-laptop-showing-blue-screen-stop-message-0x00000116-please-help.1146985/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

My laptop: Dell Latitude E5550 - 15.6" FHD - Core i5 5300U - Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD.

Does anybody know what drivers/software is responsible for displaying On Screen Volume and Screen Brightness Indicator (while pressing Fn+F2,F3,...) ?

What I've found so far that the Dell QuickSet may does the work (link to this solution: No Level Indicator When Using Keyboard Audio Volume Controls), but I couldn't find a compatible version of this soft with Dell Latitude E5550.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/387210-dell-latitude-e5550-screen-volume-screen-brightness-indicator.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have a Y510P notebook and I am having some problems with it. Once I was playing on this laptop and it suddenly it turned off. The power cord would make a weird noise and it wouldn't turn on. After a while it started to work normally. It was probably a high voltage spike in my house, since we already lost a cellphone. After that I notice that the laptop would turn off, as soon as I plugged the power cord. I ordered a new power cord and battery, but this issue is still happening. Anyone has an idea? Thank you!

A:Plugging power cord turns laptop off (Y510P)

Hi Tiagoramosleite,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You can initially start isolating the issue using the power checkout guideline (page 21). 
Try to notice anything on the DC port like bent pin , unusual appearance / marks or smell of burnt . 

Would any led status light (page30) still be lit when plugged in. 

It would be best to have it further checked for further isolation for dc in port issue against failure on the systemboard itself with nearest service center or call in technical support for further recommendation. 

Update us how it works best for you.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Plugging-power-cord-turns-laptop-off-Y510P/td-p/3347309
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop recently crashed and it is not possible to install an operating system onto it without re-formatting (Believe me i've tried everything possible). Is it possible to plug the laptop hard disk drive into my main computer and retrieve the data from it this way? Or would it blow the drive? What do I need to do in order to plug it in and retrieve the data? I have no idea how to do this, so I have turned to you guys. Please help, I will not proceed until I get a reply, I'm really scared lol.
Cheers guys,
Andy

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell Vostro running Vista Home Basic AC freezes and plugging laptop adapter when power unplugging and have had two periods in the laptop s existence where it would mysteriously freeze You could see everything on the screen and the power lights were on but it would not respond except to a hard reboot by holding the power butting down for seconds I am going through one of those periods now and have discovered that the problem happens when I am either plugging or unplugging the AC power adapter but don t know why I have been all over the web for a solution and while it does seem I am not alone laptop freezes when plugging and unplugging AC power adapter with this problem I have not read a sensible solution yet My favorite laptop freezes when plugging and unplugging AC power adapter bad answer is quot don t unplug your laptop when it s on quot So does anyone know what it could be I wanted to look at system logs and so went into the Event Viewer not even sure what to look for but didn t see anything that looked like a likely culprit Please help Thanks Neil nbsp

A:laptop freezes when plugging and unplugging AC power adapter

being a member of the Dell Community Forum, I looked there and found this

A lot things happen in Windows when inserting the AC power adapter.

To check if it's a classic CPU lock-up: repeatedly press capslock. If the capslock light doesn't change, there's no live in there.

Assuming the CPU is locked up: It's possible there's a log entry in the system log just before the AC power adapter is inserted. These entries give clues where to look, just before things went sour.

Next try to reproduce it in Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows start) If it's also in Safe Mode - try running an alternative OS (no need to install)

If the problem also shows up here - most likely it's a hardware issue.

Otherwise it's a windows issue - might be driver related.

the "alternate OS thing is a link on the forum web site. Click here to go to that site.

Hope this is some help... Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-when-plugging-and-unplugging-ac-power-adapter.983699/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I have an Inspiron 17R SE 7720 and ti works great however when I plug it into an external monitor LG W300H the resolution displayed is quite low. I try to choose a higher one but there are no options for higher resolutions. It's actually quite a bit lower than the resolution displayed on the laptops own screen.

Thanks for your help

A:Plugging laptop into external monitor results in low resolution

Hi denisj1,
Welcome to the community.
Please check the link below to update the video card drivers for your system:
Intel
http://dell.to/15xwOmR
Nvdia
http://dell.to/YbTe9Q
Please install the same and check again.
Thanks and RegardsSandeep P#iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19492758
Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a method to enable sounds for when you plug in or remove a charger connected to your laptop. It is not a problem with my pc, but is an option that is not available for me which i would like to install to let me know if i accidentally unplugged the charger, particularly if I'm working on a full-screen feature. Any help would be appreciated.
I have Windows 7 home Premium 32-bit installed.

A:How to enable sound when plugging/unplugging charger for laptop.

In the System Sounds, there is an option for device connect or disconnect. This will probably do what you want. You will have to assign a sound for those functions.

The System Sounds panel can be accessed from Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sounds. Click on "Change System Sounds".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/263549-how-enable-sound-when-plugging-unplugging-charger-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.17%

For the past few days, if I connect my earphone(3.5mm audio jack) when some video is being played, be it in Facebook or YouTube or in the vlc media player
1. The laptop starts hanging. The video that is being played breaks, the system becomes extremely slow, can not even move the cursor.
2. The internet is disconnected (i.e.) I use the WiFi, in the notification bar at the bottom, it simply is disconnected. The WiFi icon only has a red 'X', and no WiFi network is shown, even though my WiFi is switched.
3. I have to restart the machine to use it normally
But if the video is not playing, and I connect the audio jack, nothing happens.
Has any one happened to have had such an issue ? Or can anyone suggest how do I start with identifying the root cause ? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/394186-plugging-earphone-when-video-playing-freezes-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Greetings everyone Im not too tech savvy so I will try and explain exactly happened and hopefully get some assistance I have an HP G AMD Turion II Dual Core Notebook that I am using for school had the laptop for a year now Windows installed I use it for watching movies using GOP player listening to music itunes completing term papers and attending online courses I recently purchased an HDMI cable to watch movies from my laptop to my tv I have an old Hitachi CRT p w HDMI compatibility and when I plugged the cable in my laptop after HDMI cable??? permanently plugging Laptop freezes screen turned black for a Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable??? brief moment resumed normal and then completely froze The only thing I Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable??? was able to do was power it off and attempt to restart I tried to restart the laptop and was barely able to type in my password as the welcome screen before it froze again I can run windows in safe mode both network and cmd prompt but I cant run in normal If more information is Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable??? needed to troubleshoot I will be more than happy to provide Thank you for your help

A:Laptop permanently freezes after plugging HDMI cable???

try a windows restore point to an earlier date when all was ok

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-permanently-freezes-after-plugging-hdmi-cable-625548.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Acer Aspire E15 laptop, I've been using it with Windows 8.1 until I did a clean install of Windows 10 recently. Normally, when I get the warning notice that I have 10% power left, I plug in the power cord and continue work.  But now when I plug the cord in, it turns off the screen (goes black). I still get audio but no video. If I unplug the cord, the screen comes back. What's going on? I've never had this issue with Win 8.1 or any other OS version before.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Plugging-in-power-cord-turns-off-screen-in-Windows-10/td-p/446317
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys,

Since yesterday i'm facing a strange issue.. Whenever i plug in my laptop to charge, it just automatically turns off (not proper shutdown) within a few moments. This duration before power off varies at times. Its runs without any problem when on safe made. This problem happens only when win 7 is in normal mode. I noticed that the fan speed increases as i plug in. However, this also used to happen earlier. On searching online, some said it may be due to heating issue. But then how does it work normally in safe mode? Also, when i start in Diagnostic Start up mode, it starts perfectly. It does not start when i remove my battery and plug in..it powers off just after entering windows. This problem does not occur when in BIOS. Please help in finding a suitable solution.

Thank you.

A:Laptop turns off when plugging in for charging in normal mode on win7

Try a System Restore to a date prior to the issue - System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375993-laptop-turns-off-when-plugging-charging-normal-mode-win7.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys,

Since yesterday i'm facing a strange issue.. Whenever i plug in my laptop to charge, it just automatically turns off (not proper shutdown) within a few moments. This duration before power off varies at times. Its runs without any problem when on safe made. This problem happens only when win 7 is in normal mode. I noticed that the fan speed increases as i plug in. However, this also used to happen earlier. On searching online, some said it may be due to heating issue. But then how does it work normally in safe mode? Also, when i start in Diagnostic Start up mode, it starts perfectly. It does not start when i remove my battery and plug in..it powers off just after entering windows. This problem does not occur when in BIOS. Please help in finding a suitable solution.

Thank you.

A:Laptop turns off when plugging in for charging in normal mode on win7

Post make & model in case this is a "known issue" that can be google-searched for.

By "normal" mode, do you mean not "safe mode", or not "selective startup/msconfig"?

Does the problem also happen in safe mode?
Does the problem also happen in Selective Startup?

Otherwise, what do you mean by "normal".

One guess is that you have a problem with a 3rd party power management software. It's supposed to start "doing something" (such as report the battery status) when it senses a power plug is inserted, but instead it shuts down.

Is the shut down orderly (Windows is shutting down), or is it abrupt, like someone suddenly killed the power?

What's most interesting so far is the possibility that the machine works & charges fine in Safe Mode, but not in MSCONFIG or Normal mode. If that's the case, we're looking for a software problem that can probably be solved by reinstalling something, compared to a hardware problem which can be serious, expensive and/or insolvable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-off-when-plugging-in-for-charging-in-normal-mode-on-win7-1020330.html
Relevancy 50.31%

A friend is having me look at her laptop to fix a problem she keeps having. Its sometimes frequent and sometimes rare. The screen will flash black and make the noise as if I just plugged in something into the usb port. She had a wireless usb hub in one of her ports but I took that out and the problem continues. Would rly appreciate some help. This problem is driving me crazy. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-keeps-flashing-black-and-making-noise-as-if-im-plugging-something-in-usb-port.1073724/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an asus laptop and i have a problem with increase and decreasing level of brightness. help me plz.
my operating system is windows 8.1 and i download and installed latest version of driver that is compatible with my OS. when i early installed windows, i installed drivers and don't have problem with it. but now after months suddenly it happened to me.
i can see OSD that changing brightness, but i don't actually see any change

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a laptop computer that came from Taiwan, it is made by Lansmart.

I cannot adjust the brightness on the LCD. I don't have a manual for it!

Any suggestions on how to adjust the brightness?

It is dim now and with the lights all off in the room I can see that everything else is working O.K.

I tried hooking up an external monitor, but it didn't find the correct driver,

so it "tiled" the info with many images and was impossible to read.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Lenovo laptop. When I turned it on this morning, the brightness of the screen was very low. I went to settings to increase the brightness thinking maybe it was turned down....it was not. The brightness showed max. So I moved the brightness scale up and down to see if there was any change in the brightness. No change occurred at all. Even moved to the lowest my screen stayed the same. I shut computer down and turned back on. Still low brightness. Went into settings again to move the brightness scale. Same thing. No change at all. What else can I do because I can barely see my screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-brightness.1155400/
Relevancy 49.02%

Laptop model:
HP 6735s

Windows version:
Ultimate x64

Problem:
Can't move the screen brightness bar to a higher setting, just reverts itself back to lowest value;
Sometimes I succeed setting it to the maximal value but thats only if I try a lot and if I get lucky...very odd bug;
Screenr - @mekan_zec: Screen brightness fail.

Tried solutions:
Updating Windows
Updating BIOS (didnt succeed)

Anyone know a solution?

A:Can not set brightness on laptop

Try a system files check. Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow.
If that doesn't work, you may need to run a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71447-can-not-set-brightness-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

my new laptop is good and all but when i compair the brightness of the screen to every other computer the screen is abut 50% darker than the others. i cant find any brightness adjustment on the laptop and i dont know where to go to adjust it. can someone help me ?