Windows Support Forum

HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Q: HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a group of computers in a small office without a server that are connected and share via homegroup. When I added a new laptop with win 8.1 to the homegroup, I couldn't ever access the shared printer which is attached to the win 7 desktop. I deleted and recreated the homegroup multiple times from different computers and nothing seemed to change the situation. I deleted the homegroup completely and just tried to share the printer separately connecting via computer share name and still not good. Now if the win 8.1 computer can recognize the printer, none of the win 7 computers can print to it and vice versa. I need them all to be able to share the printer at the same time and share 2 folders between all of them. How can I accomplish this besides down grading the 8.1 to win 7 and installing win 7 on it. Thanks for the assistance

A:Sharing printer and files between win 7 and win 8.1 computers

If the printer has Ethernet support, connect it to the router and then use Add Printer as a Network printer on every PC (ie not directly connected to any PC) and at least that will solve one issue. Remember to get the correct print driver for each system; Win/7 vs Win/8.

I'll surf for the sharing issue and post back ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-printer-and-files-between-win-7-and-win-8-1-computers.216549/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have 4 ESD mats at the computer workshop I work. The ESD mats are interconnected and one of them is connected to ground through a resistive socket (or whatever it's called) which must be several Megaohms because my Ohmeter cannot read it (it reads up to 2MOhm). Yesterday I did this test: I used a voltmeter set to AC voltage, negative probe touching the ground in a socket, the other one between my fingers. I measured 2 volts. Then I put on the ESD wrist-band and I was surprised to find that not only did the voltage go down, it rose to 2.2volts!. It looks like this mat isn't working, am I right?

A:How should I test my ESD mats?

to ground through a resistive socket (or whatever it's called) which must be several Megaohms because my Ohmeter cannot read it (it reads up to 2MOhm).Click to expand...

Never heard of a 'resistive socket' but the concept sounds correct.
The object is to absorb the energy to avoid the immediate discharge. However, we use capacitors for that and may be the reason for the ohm meter test results.

I would expect a resistor->capacitor->earth.ground type of circuit. The capacitor absorbs the energy and slowly drains it back to the ground. The resistor slows the charging of the capacitor to avoid the immediate ESD.

Your 2v DC test is not correct either. ESD is high voltage of a very short duration and the mat+socket would not respond to low voltable, long duration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-should-i-test-my-esd-mats.214705/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have HP LJ p4014. I was wondering if there would be a difference between using a maintenance kit thats 220v on a 110v printer. Any help would be good.

A:Printer 110v vs. 220 v.

What does that maintenance kit do? Because you can easily go into HP software and order your printer to clean printheads or align them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-110v-vs-220-v.191819/
Relevancy 23.65%

Memtest and other memory test software don't tell you which of the modules is the faulty one. Is there any way to tell which is the bad stick besides testing one-by-one?

Thank you

A:Does any memory test tell you which of the memory sticks is bad?

Not really. but you can test each stick one by one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-any-memory-test-tell-you-which-of-the-memory-sticks-is-bad.213800/
Relevancy 21.07%

Before I start I want you to know that the printer works When I plugged it into my computer it was automatically recognized drivers were downloaded from windows update and I was printing in less than a minute When I plunged it with OfficeJet HP printer Troubles 5610 into my friends laptop the actual owner the issues begin The troubled computer is HP laptop with Win x When I plugged it in via same USB cable I used with mine it was automatically recognized drivers were downloaded from windows update but I was not able to print anything I went to HP website and downloaded the entire software package and still nothing When I am in the devices and printers window the computer recognizes when the printer is plugged in and and when it is not But I can not even print a test page The funny thing is that I can scan from the printer to Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer the laptop but I can not print to it There are other printers connected to the laptop both network and USB and they work just fine Here is Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer what I did so far I tried Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer the automatically installed drivers I downloaded the HP recommended drivers I have restarted the spooler There is nothing stuck in the job list I have manually removed HP drivers and started again I have used the HP driver removal tool maximum level and started again I have set the printer to print directly to printer and bypass the spooler And I still can not print but I can scan Any thoughts anyone nbsp

A:Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer

How much Ram in laptop? Available space on HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubles-with-hp-officejet-5610-printer.186225/
Relevancy 28.38%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hopefully someone can answer this as im baffle, my computer will turn on and of with no problem as ling my printer is plug in but if printer cable unplug it won't turn on but if printer cable in plug in it will turn on but while the comptuer turn on and I unplug the printer cable it will shut down nothin making since but as long the printer is unplug it will not start or boot blank screen but printer plug in I can get to the boot or cmos screen please help Thanks

PS it a Dell PP17L Latitude

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-if-printer-not-plug-in.208502/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello. I speak English a little. Therefore, I can do a lot of errors in my sentence but I hope for understanding.
Please, help me fint out the schematic diagram for the printer Samsung ML-216*.. Or who has it?
Thank you so much and have a nice day!

A:Looking for the schematic diagram for the printer Samsung ML-216*

dnshulga said:

Hello. I speak English a little. Therefore, I can do a lot of errors in my sentence but I hope for understanding.
Please, help me fint out the schematic diagram for the printer Samsung ML-216*.. Or who has it?
Thank you so much and have a nice day!Click to expand...

No guarantee, but see if this will help http://www.manualslib.com/manual/201828/Samsung-Ml-2165.html?page=3#manual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-the-schematic-diagram-for-the-printer-samsung-ml-216.208342/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

Can someone please recommend me a colour laser printer for home use? Resolution should be at least 1200 x 1200 dpi. The option to print both sides of the paper would be nice. Multiple paper trays not necessary, nor anything else that will add unnecessary bulk to its size. There should also be connection for Ethernet and USB. Preferable that it uses separate toner cartridges for the different colours, so if one colour runs out then only that colour needs changing rather than the whole lot.

Thanks.

A:Recommend me a laser colour printer please

You realize these are very expensive to both purchase and on a cost/page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-laser-colour-printer-please.207641/
Relevancy 21.07%

This ink cartridge http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=T048120[1]

Is labelled as "T048120-S" on some online stores... others it's labeled just as "T048120"

What does the "-S" mean? single cartidge?

A:Question about Epson printer ink model #

Probably means standard capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-epson-printer-ink-model.207580/
Relevancy 22.36%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am in an office building with 40 or so tenants. The entire building is wired to one central network (let's call it main network) controlled by SonicWall where each office has one live network drop. The main network is set up in such a way that tenants can plug in their own switches and routers if they want more network connected devices in their office. The office building has a network printer connected to main network where tenants can print to it. However, when tenants have their own routers in their office you cannot really connect to the network printer that is connected to main network. Is there something I can port, bridge or set-up where they can print to it?

A:Printing to network printer on another network

I think that as long as the tenant's router is connected to the main network they should still be able to access that printer provided that the WAN IP address of their routers is within the IP range of the main network where the Network printer is attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-to-network-printer-on-another-network.203071/
Relevancy 21.07%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 21.07%

My dad was putting some paper into his printer and had apparently put the paper in too far. When he tried to print something it jammed up and the printer had abruptly shut off. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in however, the printer WILL NOT turn back on at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3510-printer-issue.202348/
Relevancy 23.22%

New laptop Whenever I try to map network a windows drive in my laptop to windows laptop I get the following error that the spelling may not be correct but this is not true Can t find quot computer c quot May be spelling I have checked Win 8.1 Win between and 7 Networking errors the spelling finding no problems and I have opened all Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 folders for sharing and security is set the same way reading and writing as Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 when I network windows drives to other windows drives I always use the correct password if requested I have no problem between win drives What am I missing I don t have the same problem going from to windows Under homegroup files seem to be recognized For many years including XP days Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 I have been coping and transferring files and folders from one computer disk on computer X to another disk on a different computer called computer Y I could copy in both directions but I had to set up each drive separately I used map network drive icon Map as drive quot found when I opened Computer icon After setting in property the sharing and security settings a certain way I could copy back and forth Each computer was given a name such as C- C and Computer All I am saying is that in one direction of copying I can copy but in the other direction I get a possible spelling error Of course there is no spelling error I know that Windows is somewhat different from Windows Both use a name found under User folder and both use a password The computer name is most obvious and is different from the name found under User folder So what seems to be the problem Should be simple enough Jim nbsp

A:Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7

You need ports 137-139 opened on both systems for names to resolve.

Get the IP address of both systems and then access using the IP of the target. If that works, it is a name resolution issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-errors-between-win-8-1-and-win-7.200820/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 21.5%

On a home network. My computer runs Windows 7 and this is the printer. I've never done this, but I would like to do it on my own (as much as possible ); I ant to learn how to set up network and share devices on it. If there's a tutorial somewhere about this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks fellas

A:Help me share the printer

What you are probably wanting is a wireless router. The printer is wireless (Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n )). Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, anyone on the network whether wired or wireless will have access. The reason I suggest a wireless router is more possibilities than simply the printer, and the assumption that you don't currently have a network.

If you are already connected to a network and are using the USB 2.0 connectivity, all you would need to do is share the printer within printer properties. This would allow anyone on the network to see and use the device.

Which of the two directions would you like to adventure into? What exactly do you have to work with at the moment, or are you planning on purchasing network gear?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-share-the-printer.200244/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-artifacts-and-errors-with-radeon-hd-6800.199030/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I have a printer
There is no lighting up
The power supply give
red wire about 7 V
blue wire about 11 V

Holding down the power button en stop/reset won't work

How can I test the logic board is defect?

Image logig board

Cheers
Harrie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-printer-pixma-mp610-no-power-no-display.197978/
Relevancy 33.54%

This is a listing I have put together of every major compendium utilities Drive diagnostic drive manufacturer and their drive diagnostic utilities These utilities will allow you to test amp diagnose your drive Some utilities also allow you to quot low-level quot format write zeros or enable disable certain features on your drive Drive Diagnostic Utilities chkdsk Built in utiilty for Windows XP Start -- gt Run Type chkdsk r for full scan Can also be run from recovery Drive diagnostic utilities compendium console Not recmomended for diagnosing Hitachi IBM - DFT quot Drive Fitness Test quot http www hgst com hdd support download htm Works with all manufacturers Western Digital quot Data Lifeguard quot http support wdc com download index asp dlgtools Works with WD drives only Maxtor quot Powermax quot http www seagate com ww v index j toid add b c a ff VgnVCM dd aRCRD Works with all manufacturers Fujitsu quot FJDT quot http www fel fujitsu com home drivers asp L en amp CID Works with fujitsu models only Samsung quot hutil quot http www samsung com global business hdd support utilities Support HUTIL html Samsung quot es-tool quot Successor to hutil above http www samsung com global business hdd support utilities ES Tool html Compatability unknown Seagate quot Seatools quot http www seagate com support seatools Works with Seagate drives only Toshiba - N A There are no tools available for Toshiba but you may be able to use IBM or Maxtor s drive tools as well as other third party programs Other Useful Drive Utilities HDD Regenerator - Repair bad sectors Repairs most bad sectors by remagnetizing the disk surface without losing your data Works independantly of the file system making Drive diagnostic utilities compendium it compatible with all PCs operating systems and hard drives http www dposoft net Active Partition Recovery Recovers most deleted lost or formatted partitions http www partition-recovery com Partition Magic Fast and easy partitioning Supports all Windows and most Linux file systems Great for ignoring bad sectors and for advanced partitioning schemes www partitionmagic com Ranish GPL Freeware partitioning program for use with Windows Linux FreeBSD and more Not much on eye candy but it works www ranish com gParted GPL Freeware partitioning program for use with Windows and Linux Nice intuitive interface and comes available as a bootable CD image http gparted sourceforge net Acronis Partition Expert Easy to use interface Supports Windows and Linux partitions http acronis com products partitionexpert Drive Backup Tools Symantec Norton Ghost Ghost or less runs under DOS but extremely reliable Ghost and requires Windows or XP amp are Windows-centric Ghost supports full quot hot imaging quot of system partitions while in Windows but not incremental imaging http www symantec com sabu ghost ghost personal Acronis True Image Supports Windows and Linux file systems Allows quot hot imaging quot of system partitions while in Windows supporting full and incremental fast backups TI has been rock solid for me -- Recommended http acronis com products trueimage Drive Secure Erase Utilities Darik s Boot and Nuke Securley erases all data on your harddrives beyond the point of possible recovery Use with care Tip remove harddrives you will not be erasing from the computer http dban sourceforge net nbsp

A:Drive diagnostic utilities compendium

Thanks for that useful post Rick. Should come in handy for future reference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-diagnostic-utilities-compendium.7602/
Relevancy 28.38%

lt lt RESOLVED gt gt For some reason whenever I try to run the file benchmark on my WD Blue TB or WD Black TB on HDTune Pro it always immediately returns a screen saying quot I O Error Test aborted quot Normally I would understand if this was happening if these drives were HDTune on gives drives I/O very test and new aborts Error old or had any indication that they are dying in some way However both drives have been purchased within the last months and the Blue drive was purchased only four HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives months ago They are each filled to approximately - capacity at the moment with this being the highest capacity the Blue has ever reached while the Black drive at one point hit before I reshuffled some files I haven t noticed any other issues with the drives at all except that HDTune s regular benchmark seems to say that the Blue drive is slightly faster than the Black which clearly shouldn t be the case HDTune s own drive status program shows no SMART issues in any of my drives either Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I could fix it Also I m not sure if this is relevant but my motherboard is currently set to run its SATA ports in quot RAID Mode quot instead of AHCI mode I HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives m not sure if that would matter but I don t currently have a RAID array this setting is just from a previous array that I used to have and now I m afraid that if I change the setting my drives might not boot anymore nbsp

A:HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives

Never mind, I figured it out. Problem was being caused by my drives being assigned as the A: drive and B: drive (Windows 8 allows this, and my slight OCD has always tormented me at not being able to use them for hard drives previous to this, so naturally I jumped on the opportunity to assign those letters). Anyway I reassigned to J: and K: drives just for the purpose of testing and all is now well!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdtune-gives-i-o-error-and-aborts-test-on-very-new-drives.196324/
Relevancy 28.38%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 28.81%

I recently built a computer with the asus OCII GTX 770 gpu and ran a quick stress test with msi kombustor. I set the setting to no anti-aliasing and 720p resolution (not full screen) and ran the furry and tessy (gl4) stress test. At about 7 minutes my gpu got up to about 83 degrees C with fan speed at 100 percent. I stopped the test as I still don't know too much about stress testing and how hot I should really let my GPU get. I know the NVidia website says the max this card can take is about 98 C but I was wondering if at 7 minutes, 83 degrees C was normal or if that is too hot even for this stress test. Thank you.

A:Question about my stress test results for GTX 770

For a stress test, that's pretty normal on an GPU like that, stress testing pushes the GPU to it limits which most of the time is more than games will even push it. As long as your temp stays below the threshold NVidia says (Which in your case is 98) then your fine. I would however, if you want to improve the temp, see if you can improve the airflow around the GPU area, the Asus Cooling system is pulling in air and pushing it down on the GPU which means you have to move the air once its been pushed over the card. I would try adding a fan around the GPU exhausting if your worried.

But honestly, your fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-my-stress-test-results-for-gtx-770.195951/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have an intel core i7 4770k and I'm not overclocking it at the moment. My idle temps are around 28 degrees Celsius. Is it still necessary to run a program like prime95 and stress test my cpu even though I am not overclocking?

A:Do I need to stress test if I'm not overclocking?

It's not necessary, but you can still check the stability of your system, regardless of whether you are over-clocking. I've heard many times, servers are done so to prepare them for future task. Running the test will allow them to potentially catch any issues before they are brought on-line.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-to-stress-test-if-im-not-overclocking.195749/
Relevancy 20.64%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

A:First time external test with mobo

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-external-test-with-mobo.194977/
Relevancy 21.5%

It seems that when people print at my office, there the print randomly delays which backs up the print queue. All PC's & printers are hard wired. The printers are on a printer server. I tried restarting the print spooler, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

A:Printer network delays

The printers are on a printer server.Click to expand...

Power cycle the print server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-network-delays.194666/
Relevancy 21.07%

hello,
I'm fairly new at networking.
Devices:
Oce fx300 wired printer
laptop running windows 7
netgear WGR614 v8 with DD-WRT Nokaid firmware

Problem: wireless router connection only established when ethernet cable is connected to router and computer, once unplugged the connection is disabled.

I am attempting to make this wired printer wireless through my wireless router which has been recently fitted with dd-wrt software. I have already set a static ip adress for the computer, and set the local printer connection up. My problem lies withing the router setting I am assuming since it seems like the router wont connect wireless. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-printer-to-wireless-via-router-issues.194602/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I had a power outage in the middle of printing a document on my Photosmart C6150 printer. When the power came back on, the printer was frozen and will not come back up to the ready mode. I canceled the print job from my computer and it indicates that the printer is ready, but the printer itself is in a repeat cycle. All I have on the display is the HP logo and a bar that suggests it is trying to come back up. The exclamation point on the panel then flashes and I get a message that tells me of an improper shutdown and tells me to hit "ok". This message then disappears and it starts the cycle all over again. This has been going on now for two hours. Any suggestions???

Thanks

A:Printer will not complete reboot

Try manually shutting it off for a minute and turning it back on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-will-not-complete-reboot.194550/
Relevancy 26.23%

I successfully installed the programme to print wirelessly from my HP G laptop to a Canon Pixma MP printer and have been using it for over a year Recently a Printing Wirelessly Vista Drivers Printing Wirelessly update programme asked to be downloaded and I downloaded it and updated the print driver The programme remained in my computer Printing Wirelessly and I uninstalled it thinking that it would only uninstall the programme for installing new drivers but since uninstalling it my laptop does not recognise that a printer is connected wirelessly It comes up with the message quot The printer is offline Check that the printer is connected and that the printer power is on quot The printer s wireless LED is lit up I re-ran installing using the printer wirelessly by connecting my computer to the wireless router as instructed and running the ROM disk It re-installed everything and said that wireless printing was successful but I am still getting the same message Are there any settings I should be looking at My partner shares the same printer and he is not having any proglems with printing wirelessly I ve also run Malwarebytes in case that Vista Driver programme was a virus and there were none Grrrrrrrrrr Compused nbsp

A:Printing Wirelessly

I would uninstall all remnants of the driver on your PC, and install the drivers that came with the printer (CD).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-wirelessly.192918/
Relevancy 20.64%

I've got an Infoprint 1534 that is putting a thin blue streak down the left side of all pages. Someone told me they empty the waste canister when this happens, is that right? I'm not very knowledgeable about printers. There's what appears to be a "waste canister" on the left side which comes out and is full of dark coloured fine dust. Do I dump this out? Any direction is greatly appreciated.

A:Blue streak down side of papers from colour printer

I guess so. Waste is waste! Printers can do funny things when they aren't configured correctly. I'd say that dust is rubbing on each page as it comes out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-streak-down-side-of-papers-from-colour-printer.193767/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 20.64%

Help please?

I have recently moved to a rented property and have had fibre broadband installed. The hub is next to the modem which had to be placed at the main telecom entry point to the house. This means that the hub and modem are in the sitting room. I want to have my printer upstairs but do not wish to run a cable all the way from the hub to the printer. I do have a couple of old wireless hubs - a Belkin and a 2-Wire. Would it be possible to put one of these upstairs hardwired to the printer and configure one of these to pick up the wireless signal from the new hub? Or am I mad??

A:Using a router to create connection from a wireless network to a wired printer

Hey winkent. I see a need for more info.

Is your "modem" a combo modem/router, and if so, is it a wireless model?
How many pc's are being used and how do they connect, wired or wirelessly?
Is this printer a network printer (has an Ethernet jack)?
Are these hubs or are they switches?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-router-to-create-connection-from-a-wireless-network-to-a-wired-printer.192877/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi Everyone Thank you in advanced for your time and help I am experiencing a Problems Printing strange problem and I m at the end of my rope here First of all here are my system specs OS MS Windows -Bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Sandy Bridge RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - MOBO Intel DH BL Socket Printing Problems GPU Acer S HL x Hz HDD GB Western Digital WDC WD EALX- BA SATA Optical Optiarc DVDRW AD- S Here are the printers I am using Local Brother MFC- C Printer Default Printer Printer Port USB Print Processor winprint Availability Always Priority Duplex None Print Quality dpi Color Status Unknown Virtual doPDF v Printer Port DOP Print Processor winprint Availability Always Priority Duplex None Print Quality dpi Color Status Unknown Network TOSHIBA e-STUDIO L Printer Port WSD-d c ae - f - cb-b - b b Print Processor winprint Availability Always Priority Duplex None Print Quality dpi Monochrome Status Unknown So I am at work doing my normal tasks when Microsoft Word freezes It becomes unresponsive and is forced to end process After starting it back up again I get a strange error message quot The printer has not yet responded but the Microsoft Office program may be able to proceed without printer information Do you want to wait for the printer quot Clicking yes causes the program to become unresponsive again Clicking no causes it to go back to normal except when I try to print it brings up the default print dialog with no printer selected When I try to select ANY of the printers every single choice will cause the program to freeze and become unresponsive again So I took some steps to try to troubleshoot after looking around online but did not find much help I tried not in order -Uninstalling all printer drivers and reinstalling them -Disabled and re-enabled Printer Spooling service -System Restore -CCleaner - clean-up amp registry repair -ComboFix -Changing default printer to local amp virtual printers -Installed Office instead won t even start-up due to printer issue The weird thing is I can print fine off of programs like notepad mspaint wordpad etc and test pages all print out fine too However certain programs like Thunderbird Chrome NitroPDF any Office program etc all freeze up when I try to print I m hoping someone might have some insight on how to fix this Thank you nbsp

A:Printing Problems

First, quit all programs. Use cmd->notepad to open a new text file, type some gobldee gook on 2-2 lines and <ctl>p to print it - - DOES IT?

If so, the print driver is fine and so is the system - - MS Word needs to see a new default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-problems.192820/
Relevancy 21.93%

Just bought a new cannon pixma printer as soon as it was plugged in the computer blew can anyone help with this

A:New printer

Blew how? Explain exactly what it did please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-printer.192484/
Relevancy 21.5%

If you tie-dye your own paper, let it dry and then put it in the printer and try to print a paper, will it ruin your printer?

A:Tie-Dye paper vs. Printer

Not sure why you would want to do this. But, it shouldn't mess up your printer if it's completely dry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tie-dye-paper-vs-printer.192474/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a HP laserjet 4014dn. Only when I print large reports, I get a little bit of black residue on the edge of the paper. I just replaced the maintenance kit, but it only helped alittle. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?

A:Printer issue

Not sure if this will help, but maybe cleaning the drum may help? http://www.ehow.com/how_4811815_clean-printer-drum.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-issue.192043/
Relevancy 22.36%

I was pre-testing a card that I got from china to see if it was what I ordered before trying to sell the rest of the cards on ebay the card said it was gigs Fat when I looked at it on my windows PC Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card While it sd fixing about 3 micro errors. cards questions was Formating it went to Default exFAT gigs but I knew my MP player will not be able to handle exFAT so I tried to use a tool to change its format back to Fat After clicking format I saw that it was taking a vary long time to format but then I saw I did not check quick format so I hit stop and nothing happened so I hit X on the tool and still nothing happened so I clicked ctrl-alt-exit and made it stop that way but after that it then said the card needs to be formated so I tried to format it back to Default exFAT but befor clicking format it now only says it will format to gigs and not gigs o O so I was thinking maybe that is just a error and will be fixed after clicking format 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. so I clcik format and it gives me a error it says Windows was unable 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. to complete the format so how do I get it to format back to gigs and back to Fat --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- And here is my nd question a month ago I sold a guy of my cards on ebay now he is saying this Dear Piratekitty When I installed the card in my Clip it gaves errors when trying to copy music to it and when I tested it with H test I formatted the card as FAT and now it shows as MB capacity I ve tried reformatting it several times with the same results with Windows and SDFormatter I tried it in a Cowon J with the same results Please tell me how to access the full GB on this card or replace this card with a real GB card that works Regards ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- rd question is is subject all my falt before selling the items I put quot how to Instructions in the items I am selling on ebay and my question is what if my how to instructions are making my buyers have have Can you read my instructions and tell me if it is causing errors for my ebay buyers Important Notice Please Read By default the cards format is exFAT amp not all items can read exFAT format If your item can not read exFAT format you will get a error but you can fix this by changing the cards format Q What to do if you need to change your cards format First check to see what kind of format your device can read Next google how to change the format of exFAT to the format that your device can handle there are a lot of websites out there with step by step methods After that follow the steps that the website tells you I perfer watching how to videos on youtube And finaly when your done if you still find that your geting a error please let me know amp I will help you ASAP Notes about formating When you want to delete everything I sugest doing so with the file formater the website in step gives you If you dont you will end up changing your fixed format back to the cards Default exFAT I found everything I told you out when my mp player only worked with FAT amp not exFAT So I looked on youtube amp found nbsp

A:3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors.

the card said it was 64 gigs (Fat32) when I looked at it on my windows 7 PC.

Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card.Click to expand...

Rule number one:- if it isn't broken then don't fix it.

The issue here is windows will not format Fat32 above 32gb, so invoking the formatter when all you needed was to delete the file was a major mistake.

Personally, your online handle Piratekitty and the fact that you are reselling on the net bothers me. I've pointed you in the right direction this time, but will not respond in the future to your postings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-questions-about-fixing-micro-sd-cards-errors.192060/
Relevancy 46.44%

Why would the printer change from normal operation change to printing emails in cryptic
I'm asking this to try help out my neighbor . But I was wondering if the email was the cause ?
regards drecked

A:Printer started printing cryptic text

Open NOTEPAD, type a few lines and the <ctl>P to print it.

If it is reproduced correctly, then it's the goofy email,

otherwise, disconnect power, wait a minute or two,
then go through the printer settings and test again.

Still having a problem, download and install new firmware from the vendor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-started-printing-cryptic-text.191448/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am trying to print a trial balance using peachtree DOS program and the above printer.

It prints alright but extends every page of trial balance into two pages. For every page, it prints
the last line on the next page and then goes on to next page. I am trying to say that
it uses 4 pages for 2 pages of print material. If it can print 2 more lines on a page, then it can
accomplish this task in 2 pages. At present the printer setup will only allow 60 lines/page.
Is there a compression code that I can use to increase the no. of lines that the printer will
print per page?

Any help will save me half the no. of pages.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hl2700cn-brother-printer.191423/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a HP LaserJet Earlier this week I was using my laptop with a phone and an external hard drive both connected to the laptop HP power printer 2430 since error surge will USB LaserJet print not through USB connectors However when I connected the HP LaserJet using a printer cable with HP LaserJet 2430 printer will not print since USB power surge error a USB connector I received a message that said USB Power Surge Error or something similar Since then I have not been able to print I bought a new printer cable and it still does not work I ve been able to use the USB port on the laptop by connecting other items and they work fine so that s not the problem I am able to use the Menu button on the Printer to print out the Printer Info such as configuration page usage page etc However I can not get the Printer to work via a Printer Cable I keep receiving an error that says This document failed to print Is it possible the port which accepts the cable on the printer is damaged My family uses this printer on a daily basis Any assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated Thanks Rachel nbsp

A:HP LaserJet 2430 printer will not print since USB power surge error

I forgot to add that the printer previously worked using this USB Printer Cable for years prior to this.

I'm still looking for help on this. If anyone has any knowledge regarding this, PLEASE let me know.
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laserjet-2430-printer-will-not-print-since-usb-power-surge-error.189947/
Relevancy 21.5%

Help Please!

Our Printer has decided not to work - have uninstalled it and re-installed it but the computer will not recognise it. I should say I am not very techy-minded but usually can manage this but fter following all the instructions etc there's something not righ, and I dont know what!

it is a kodak 7250 an connected via wi-fi. It is connected to the wi-fi network, same one as the computer but the computer does not detect the printer.

have followed all the instructions via kodak website and other places and am beginning to lose the plot with it now. [would love to chuck the thing in the blooming pond!!!]

anyone any ideas?

A:Printer not detected!

Ok, I'm not panicking now. think I have sorted it out now. (something to do with the IP address, device manager and the spooler service (?!?) lol.)
anyway got one computer connected anyhow, so will do for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-not-detected.190989/
Relevancy 25.8%

I work in an office with about 15 people. I want people to print in black and white by default. Any way to do this?

Most people are using Windows 7.

Is there a way to just print in black and white for firefox? I can't figure that out either.

A:Printing in black and white?

For each machine;

go to the default printer
get the properties
look for the Print Gray Scale choice
set and save it
If the print driver doesn't have the option, then you're out of luck.

Once set, ALL applications will get this default, but can get color again by using the printer options;
eg <ctl>P in the application, -> Properties -> select B&W vs Color

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-in-black-and-white.190832/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a HP Laserjet 4000n PCL6 that is connected to a windows XP in a virtual setting on the domain network. I believe it has a static IP address (because it doesn't have the typical 192.168.100...) number. When I try to add the printer to the local environment in windows 7, I go to the control panel, add a printer, I choose network the printer or a printer attached to another computer, it shows the printer name, and then I choose connect to this printer, but it says I'm missing the .inf file. Anyone know how I can get this working on the windows 7 side?

A:Networking a printer on a domain

.inf file contains the driver information. In the settings on the XP, you can go into printer sharing settings. Maybe you can enable 'hold additional driver files for download' or something. I don't know, I do this via Server 2008 R2 (no idea why you aren't either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-a-printer-on-a-domain.190579/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
I'm using a xerox Docucolor 3535 built in fiery printer and I cant seem to get it printing...

I decided to upgrade my computer from xp to vista and installed the driver ( pcl6 ) for the printer and it worked (got the driver and such), the computer was formatted to xp again to use some older programs not printer related and the drivers worked but then it crashed and we decided to use vista but the drivers wont work. We pinged (command prompt) the printers ip (which was correct) it pinged OK but no printing.

Finally put on back the xp but still nothing (this is 32 bit Serivice pack 2) still pings but no printing...

I tried almost all that I know but still not printing any help?

A:Xerox Docucolor 3535 not printing

Did you try setting the printer port settings from Raw to LPR and the Queue name to "print" (w/o quotes)?
Other than that double check the driver you are using is the Fiery version of the printer. Sometimes they release them with different print controllers, so have multiple drivers depending on which printer controller the copier is using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-docucolor-3535-not-printing.190103/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am attempting to print in my car from a Lenovo Thinkpad to HP Laserjet P1102w which is all being powered by a 1500 watt power converter that is hardwired to my car battery. However it will only print one page or less before the power converter loses all power and then reboots within 30 seconds. This continues to happen no matter what I do or if I only have printer plugged in. Ideas?!!

A:Printer powers down mid-print

Laser printers use a lot of power, and 1500W is a lot to pull on an AC circuit converting from a car battery. I suspect that the voltage output of the car battery is dropping too low for the DC/AC conversion. Attach a voltmeter to your car battery and watch and see if it drops off during the printing task. Is the engine running (alternator replenishing the battery) at this time? They make car batteries and beefier alternators for people with high end stereo systems in their cars, you may have to go that route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-powers-down-mid-print.189856/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there I am new to this forum though I have went through a couple of threads regarding VPN but I can t seem to find my answer through printing VPN Local I work in an IT department and have to users which are not on the business domain To make use of a program hosted on our server they connect via VPN to out network and then join a remote desktop Both of them make use of a network printer Now one of them has a PC with Win and the other one with XP When they connect to the VPN though only the user on the Win PC is allowed to print the other user Local printing through VPN s job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints Both user Local printing through VPN s VPN permissions are the same as I asked the network admin and the printer settings should be the same on both PCs as I checked them Help would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for a very long time with no avail Thanks nbsp

A:Local printing through VPN

the other user's job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints.Click to expand...

Wow, is that strange or what (but that's why your here too I guess). The fact that it is queued says the data path from the user->system->print queue is just fine - - and that says permissions are ok. I suspect that the users program is not closing the output file. Have the user try a simple test using NOTEPAD printing to the remote printer.

Next I would look for software updates to the XP VPN software and then to XP print driver for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-printing-through-vpn.189640/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old fujitsu stylistic LT C-500 pen tablet which gives 4 errors on boot up. The first is query support failed. It has to do with fujitsu display monitor application.The second is pen tablet failed to initialize and pen functionality is not available although I just installed a new driver and it works fine. The third error secure attention sequence error which says it is unable to create a tray icon for the secure attention sequence application. The fourth error is WMI Error: Error accessing class instance. It also has to do with fufitsu display monitor application. I have wxp installed and a .5 ghz processor with 128 mb ram. Eveything seems to work just fine except for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-up-errors.189373/
Relevancy 21.5%

HP4110 All-in-One / Windows 7 ...

When linked with XP this printer came up with an on-screen box when it ran out of paper:- add paper, then 'Continue' or 'Cancel Print'. Now, on Windows 7, there's nothing. Have tried turning the power off for 30 seconds and all the other 'fixes' mentioned in general shopping around, including checking the paper type, size, etc., but nothing works. The Printer dialogue box just continues to display 'out of paper', despite the fact it's already managed to print out an error test sheet.
Any ideas anyone please?

A:HP printer tells me it's out of paper but it isn't...

This problem happens with me too. Please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-tells-me-its-out-of-paper-but-it-isnt.188159/
Relevancy 21.5%

My HL1440 printer died. With that printer I was able to print from windows XP as well as from Peachtree 10.0 version which is a DOS program. This program requires a parallel cable port
as well as a printer that will emulate HL8PS printer or HP Laserjet I or something similiar.

I called Brother, but they stopped making HL1440. I do have HL2040 with a parallel cable, but
according to Brother, they do not have DOS driver for that printer.

Is it possible to find a printer in the market that will help. I do not want to change my software,
because I cannot find printer with parallel cable and DOS driver.

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

A:Need a printer to print from DOS

You're better off moving to a USB printer as few systems now support Parallel connections.
A USB printer is rather cheap these days and if you move to better OS or Application, then it will still be supported.
Why waste time with 1998 technology?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-printer-to-print-from-dos.187059/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 21.5%

We have a printer which we would like to share but we cant because it wont work with the cross over cable (rj45) it only works by usb I don't know why can we share it this way. it a SHARP MX-3110N PCL6

A:Share network printer

Don't use a crossover cable - use a standard patch cable (plain old regular ethernet cable)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-network-printer.186702/
Relevancy 21.07%

On a Dell desktop w/ XP SP3, the printer (wired Lexmark 1200) will print a page from the browser while online. The printer will not function in Word or Notepad. Any suggestions?

A:Printer working part of the time

What are the setting differences between browser and Word? Page size, scaling etc. Try from Notepad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-working-part-of-the-time.186716/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I just got my USB flash drive yesterday and it works fine with no problems whatsoever. First started using it on a machine with XP with no errors at all but then today on a machine with Windows 7 I get a disk controller error in the even viewer. Please tell me this it not the USB flash drive itself? Thanks

A:USB flash drive errors

No, it is the computer you are running it on, in this case the Win 7. It just means that the disk controller hardware for the Win 7 is not functioning correctly.

Hope this helped

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-errors.183643/
Relevancy 21.07%

Ok this one has be stumped Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network ie Macs PCs First understand that File Sharing is working in both directions Mac files are accessible to the PC and conversely Second the printer in question is USB attached and when connected to the Mac the Mac can print to it when connected to the PC it can print too File Sharing setup uses User PWD to access the shares belonging to that specific user SO one would assume that it would be trivial to Add Printer point to the other system select the printer that is shown as shared and you re done printer network a Sharing on heterogeneous a GRRR -- nope The desire operation is to have the Printer Shared on the Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network PC and the Mac to access it From the Mac OS accessing the PC Win Pro SP attached printer nothing appears in the print queue Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network on the PC and various errors occur attempting to print to it Here are Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network the setups that I have tried the from the Mac Print Browser - gt Windows Printing should use ports - gt Network Neighborhood - gt Workgroup Name-- gt choose-- gt Pc Name- gt user pwd error unable to connect using user pwd given humbug same user pwd works for Files Add Feature to the PC LPD and add IP Printer- gt give lan address of the PC and it gets validated selecting Generic Postscript Device Print- gt select IP Printer- gt shows Starting Job and progress forever nothing being queued on the PC I would assume that Print Shares would be accessed by the GUEST account nbsp

A:Sharing a printer on a heterogeneous network

I can tell you from experience, the problem is on the mac side and it has to do w/ OS X 10.4 Tiger. Upgrade to 10.5 Leopard and I bet it'll work - because I had a very similar situation and it resolved the issues. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-a-printer-on-a-heterogeneous-network.184418/
Relevancy 21.07%

When I got a new printer, I went to my laptop and try the find printer thing when I clicked on it the window pop up and then another one that said "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable." Please someone tell me what and how to fix this

A:Can't use the find printer program thing

Follow the directions that came with your new printer. Usually you have to first install the driver from the included disc or their website, then at some point you're instructed to plug the printer in with USB cable and power it up. It should then be recognized in Device Manager and show up in Control Panel/Printers, where you can set it to your default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-the-find-printer-program-thing.185037/
Relevancy 29.24%

Beside of Ping and tracert cmd, IS that any tool which i can use to test network latency?

A:Network latency test

on windows pathping
let it run to completion and you get a better picture ot the path to your destination.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-latency-test.168744/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,
I recently purchased a new kodak esp 1.2 all-in-one printer.
I have a compaq laptop with NIS (Norton Internet Security) connected to a Sky router.
When I set up the new printer it found the router without any problems and I entered the password and established the network connection.
I installed the software that came with the printer and when prompted tried to establish the wifi connection to the printer but it keeps coming back with "printer not detected". I've tried disabling Smart Firewall etc. but don't know what to check.
If my laptop and printer are both connected to the same router / network, what could be responsible for my laptop not finding the printer?
My technical knowledge is very limited so an easy to follow / step by step guide would be incredibly helpful. I've tried to check with the Kodak extended user guides and other Internet searches to no avail. Thanks.

A:Connecting a laptop to a printer with Wi-Fi

Use google to find the software for that device and download + Install it.
While you're at it, get the documentation - - especially the quick install guide.

Usually you will need to use the LCD panel on the device to setup the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-a-laptop-to-a-printer-with-wi-fi.183242/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with putting together a desktop pc from scratch test Compatibility I haven t done this before and I was wondering if someone could help me in determining if these parts will go together I looking to build a gaming pc These are the parts I m hoping can go together If there is a better deal or Compatibility test better performance Compatibility test system for the same budget I would be glad to know CPU AMD - FD FRGUBOX Motherboard Gigabyte - GA- FXA-UD Memory Compatibility test Corsair - CMV GX M A C SSD Corsair - CSSD-F GBGT-BK HDD Western Digital - WD EZRX Case Antec - LANBOYAIR-RED Video Card EVGA - G-P - -KR Sound Card ASUS - Xonar-DX PSU Antec - EA- -GREEN Moniter Acer - S HL Blu-Ray Burner Panasonic - UJ- Wireless Card D-Link - DWA- Moniter Acer - S HL Mouse Logitech - - Keyboard CoolerMaster - SGK- -GKCC Network Card - Wired INTELLINET - OS Either Windows Professional or Windows Release Preview Webcam Microsoft - PD- nbsp

A:Compatibility test

Hi Dillon, there's a few things that you could tell us to help us help you.
1. Do you have a budget?
2. Are you willing to buy online?
3. What is your intended usage for this PC? Anything other than gaming?
4. Do you require any specific parts?

as for your current list, It looks OK, but I would make some changes.

firstly, switch the AMD FX-4170 out for an intel i5. I run an FX-6100 in my rig, and it performs nicely, but it's not so great for intense gaming (BF3, Metro 2033, Crysis, etc.) I'd go with the intel i5 3570K or the 2500K. A nice Motherboard to go along with that CPU would be the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, which is around $175.
Also, I'd suggest you look into getting an aftermarket Heatsink for your CPU. the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is insanely good for the price of around $35, so I highly recommend that.
Next, the EVGA GTX560Ti is a great choice for gaming, but at around $330 (AUD) it's a bit pricey, and you'd be happier with a HD7870 or a GTX570. here are four cards I'd recommend:

AMD: Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB GHz - $320
or if you're willing to spend a little extra: MSI R7950 - $369
both these cards would outperform a 560Ti, plus they're PCI3.0

NVIDIA: ASUS GTX570 - $309
or if you're willing to spend a little extra: Gigabyte GTX670 - $399
these cards would absolutely demolish any game when paired up with a 3570K or a 2500K.

my personal recommendation would be:
CPU: intel i5 3570K
GPU: MSI R7950
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - $175
HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO - $35

this list is just my opinion, so feel free to disregard :3

Anyway, moving on, the rest of the parts seem good, it's just those few things I wanted to point out. I'm sure other techspotters will help soon enough too.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatibility-test.183000/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I was given an hp pavilion media center m x computer and installed windows xp pro Everything works wonderfully except every power on The BIOS always reports the following New CPU installed Please enter setup to configure your system Press F to enter setup Press F to load default values and continue I have Motherboard m n -am se BIOS Version CPU AMD Athlon X I have changed the bios battery BIOS f2 errors f1 flashed the bios cleared the bios and went back in and reset everything and tried loding the defaults from the bios and loaded optimized settings and the cpu is the one that came with the computer I have no idea as to what to do HELP If anyone knows any thing about tattooing a motherboard you know one BIOS errors f1 f2 of the items you have to put in is the featurebyte The featurebyte is normally blocks of characters plus however this motherboard has blocks of characters plus and when I try to update it every thing is written to the dmi file BIOS errors f1 f2 except the featurebyte which gives an error message that featurebyte has too many characters Please if you know how to take care of the bios error message please help me or if you can help me with the tattooing Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-errors-f1-f2.182826/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently switched from Verizon Fios to Brighthouse Cable time warner internet as I was really not using all the bandwidth I was paying for before Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems in the month since installation After significant troubleshooting I have alleviated several of the internal network issues I had with the new modem but am still having a DNS problem Essentially at seemingly random intervals or immediately if I open bittorrent websites will not connect I reset and renew and dns flush but nothing helps Some programs will stay connected skype dropbox etc and some will not games seem to suffer the same as the web browsing Resetting the modem does not seem to help The diagnostic report through windows troubleshooting says its a problem communicating with the DNS server The router receives dynamic IP and DNS information so I can t change anything there but I put some free dns servers on this computer s list instead of finding Constant DNS errors them automatically This did not help though This leads me to believe this is some networking communications issue not a problem with the DNS servers themselves I disabled DHT in Bittorrent but the problems still occur so I just have stopped using it Oddly enough when I open it on another computer I can still browse the internet on this one though the dns problems do become more frequent even when its open on another computer To emphasize Constant DNS errors the point though the problem occurs at seemingly random intervals regardless of what applications are running I am only noting bittorrent since it seems to trigger the problem very quickly From all of this it seems like there is a problem between the new modem and my network its just two routers with dhcp disabled hooking up wired computers throughout the house I would be very glad for someone elses input on the matter hopefully its a simple setting but could be a defective router or modem I suppose as well Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Constant DNS errors

Do you have the same problems is your pc is plugged directly into the modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-dns-errors.182338/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all, here is my question I'm recently building my first PC and and unfortunately I am only able to order part by part. Currently I have my processor, motherboard, power supply and will be ordering my memory next. my processor is a i5 3570k with the Integrated HD4000 Graphics and mobo is a MSI Z77A-GD65, so I planned on using the on-board graphics till I can afford an aftermarket one.

So basically my question is with the processor, mobo, power supply and memory in hand will I be able to run a test boot on the system so I can make sure I don't have any defected or broken parts. If not can you list any extra parts ill need before I can try a test boot. thank you very much.

A:Quick question on test boot

You'll need RAM to seal that deal. The bare components you'll need for a boot/POST are CPU, PSU, board and RAM...a monitor and keyboard wouldn't go amiss either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-on-test-boot.182253/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,
My computer and printer were connected O.K to Linksys router and DSL.. both having ip 192.168.1.1. I changed the service to Comcast and now computer ip is 10.0.0.1 and wireless printer has the old ip 192.168.1.1 and it does not communicate with computer.
I cant open configuration for 192.`68.1.1, but I can open 10.0.0.1, comcast setup) which it does not help much. and I cant change ip in the printer to 10.0.0.1
Please, very please, help

A:Printer to PC connection

You should have a USB cable to connect your printer to your computer directly instead of going through the router.

Connect it directly to your computer, you may need to download the software for the printer to be able to change any settings on it. If needbe, download the software and then using the software, you should have the ability to change the IP setting and get it connected properly again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-to-pc-connection.180566/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've been trying (via Skype and TeamViewer) to help my parents install a Canon MP495 printer to their Windows 7 machine. Except we can't seem to get past the first hurdle; namely to get the Windows to see the printer via USB or even on the wireless network (it is a wifi-capable printer but insists on being installed via USB).

I've even tried sending them a powered USB hub to try as an alternative to the native USB slots but to no avail.

I'm running out of ideas fast. Is there anything else we can try? (apart from sending the printer back to the shop)

Many thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 can't 'see' Canon printer

Have you tried installing via the printer's driver CD? Missing drivers may cause it not to recognise it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-see-canon-printer.180410/
Relevancy 21.07%

Thanks ,..this laser printer DELL 1710n when I turn on , just all leds from panel stay blinking ,...any Idea ? ,..could you help me ? what can I do ?,....thanks

A:Printer Dell 1710n LEDs blinking

Remove the toner cartridge and check to see if any paper is jammed in the printer. Re-install the toner cartridge and see if the printer starts normally. If the lights still flash, the printer could have a power supply problem, and it needs servicing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-dell-1710n-leds-blinking.180335/
Relevancy 22.79%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello Guys,

I have HP Laser Jet 3050 Printer. I have connected it with my Vodafone Router via USB. It is working fine in LAN\wifi network environment. At the moment i am connecting to printer using 192.168.1.1:631. But its for local. I want to know, how can I access same printer from remote locations via internet.What port I will have to configure and how? Is it possible? Is there any way to achieve this.
I have a static IP.

Thanks

Sarabjit Singh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-printer-via-internet-remote-location.177884/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi
I am getting error messages: 0xc05d0082, , pump motor stalled, , ink system failure, and ..carraige jam (and when I check it I do not see any thing, I can move the carraige by hand, no problem),.I tried every thing I kn ow, like unplug printer , press #+6 , wait 30 seconds, etc. printer number c7250, it is old, I wonder wether to fix it or just buy a new one.Thank you

A:HP all-in-one printer

It is fixable if you are patient... Come in from the back... patiently... Turn the wheels by hand until you have had three or more full revolutions..... It will reset all the components.... Slowly...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-all-in-one-printer.177073/
Relevancy 18.49%

Thank s to Broni I will not HP not "Printer Officejet is.." print installed/services that Windows needs just shook a nasty Trojan virus However now that s all taken care of -the printer is not working The printer is a HP Officejet J All-in-One It prints scans and is a fax machine When I go on Microsoft Word and type in quot testing quot on a document and hit print the printer will print my sheet out no problems However if I try to print a picture or pdf file this HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.." error message pops up For Pictures Print Picutures Error quot This picture can t be printed because no printer is installed or a service that Windows needs is not running quot --- Ok quot Click to expand For Pdf files Adobe Reader quot Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer quot -- Ok quot Click to expand I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer s hardware Made sure the printer s spooler is working that was an issue once a couple months ago Set the printer as the quot Default quot and made sure everything is plugged in correctly Like I said it will print perfectly fine if I go on Microsoft Word gt Edit gt Print gt Print and when it brings up the screen with all your print options I have to go up and select the printer name in the drop down box So my guess is that the other programs are not picking up on the printer by themselves because on Microsoft Word I have to manually select it Any ideas on how to fix this Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.."

uninstall the printer; reboot and then reinstall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-officejet-will-not-print-printer-not-installed-services-that-windows-needs-is.176927/
Relevancy 29.67%

I was wondering if any of you had any idea what is going on with my computer In bios it has a whole list of keyboard errors that happen all the time errors mouse errors, disconnects, keyboard on-screen Keyboard When I am typing an quot s quot will type quot sasasasasasasasasasa quot forever a quot w quot will be quot wqwqwqwqwqwqwqwq quot and an quot x quot will type quot xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxz quot infinitely Even If i don t type anything it will repeat quot sasasasasasasasasasasasa quot I ve tried keyboards with the same problem happening and my Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors mouse randomly quits working and I have to unplug and replug it for it to work I have formatted my computer twice and still get the same problem so it s not a Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors virus It does it even in setup Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors Also even more annoying is the windows On-Screen keyboard I have to use to type as it has the SAME problem and even opens random windows and programs with certain letters At first I thought it was my USB controller going out but if it was then how come the windows On-Screen Keyboard still does this Any help would be amazing this is so damn annoying Have any of you heard of this Should I just get a new motherboard since it might be a bad controller of some sort nbsp

A:Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors

Have you updated your BIOS and drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-errors-mouse-disconnects-on-screen-keyboard-errors.176712/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I m new so hopefully I give you enough info to help me I bought a an IP address Printer does have not Brother new Brother printer MFC- DN Brother Printer does not have an IP address and connected it first to a Mac and then to my PC I can t get the wireless to work and it s too late to return it but it is under a year if I need to use the warranty I do not have an IP address I have been through ALL of the troubleshooting on their site I have reset the Network settings a million times and printed the Network Config page a million times as well Dramatized My printer works flawlessly when connected and I have the correct drivers I can access the printer settings from their software while connected without a problem Here is what the Network Config page says Node type Brother NC- h Ethernet BASE-TX Node Firmware Version Firmware Ver IP Address Subnet mask IP Gateway Boot method Auto Boot Tries IP Filter Disabled Under Protocols They all say Enabled except IPv and LLTD Those are both disabled Also when I go through the settings on the printer itself Network- gt Status- gt Inactive There is more but it s a lot to type so please let me know if you need anything else off that page I have also tried to set the IP address myself I put in because I read that was the default for Brother printers that did not work I also set the Subnet mask to while I tried that How do I make this work It s driving me crazy All I want to do is use Google cloud print and be able to be in my bedroom with my laptop and print No other Brother printer I ve had in the past has had this issue but I always connect them to my PC first DAMN MY MAC I think that s how this happened nbsp

A:Brother Printer does not have an IP address

One more thing I tried

I just went into the Printer control menu on my computer and went to "Properties" as the Administrator. Under the heading Port. I picked a port that was not being used. It is called a "Standard TCP/IP Port" and it's IP is 192.168.1.17
I thought this would be ok because another Brother printer I don't have trouble connecting to is using one of the other similar ports.

So then I changed the IP address of my Brother printer to this.. Still isn't working but now when I go back to that spot, my printer's model number is showing up and I feel like I might be getting somewhere, just need a little more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brother-printer-does-not-have-an-ip-address.175528/
Relevancy 21.07%

A recommendation printer bulk Need black on ink couple Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink years ago I bought a whole pint of black ink from someone on ebay that also had his own website Forget the exact cost but the same or maybe less than one cartridge The ink worked great never had any printer problems I usually keep track of things that work out by saving or bookmarking the website but I apparently failed to do that for the ink I looked on ebay and didn t recognize any of the supplier s names Did a search and of course came up with all kinds of reviews on refilled cartridges but not much on bulk ink I m not looking for anything top shelf or really long lasting just for mundane Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink everyday printing that usually isn t kept very long Don Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink t necessarily need a pint could use a smaller amount Wife has a similar HP printer mine is a A but I don t print for work like I was doing back then Anyone have any recommendations Thanks nbsp

A:Need recommendation on bulk black printer ink

be careful on ink from ebay -ensure that it meets or exceeds manufacturer specs. A lot of ebay ink is cheap china crap and will jam print heads. The molecules are too large and/or gummy.

I've bought a lot of ink over the years from ebay with a wide range of results. some I had to simply throw away after repeated printer head gumming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-recommendation-on-bulk-black-printer-ink.175194/
Relevancy 47.73%

monsieurs et madames

I have a printer which ive used for a couple years now (epson workforce 610) and suddenly it stopped printing...

whenever i tell it to print something it gives me the screen in the bottom right witht he printer the printing bar etc, but the bar never moves, the printer never makes a sound, and eventually i get an error message saying the document failed to print. nothing else..

i dont think its driver related, since i doubt the printer magically updated, and it connected to the wireless network bc i can "use" it on another computer. however the other computer has the same issue with documents failing to print.

any ideas, thoughts, or solutions would be greatly appreciated - iap

A:Printer not printing =(

if it has conked out, you might as well buy a new one. printers are dirt cheap.... I really don't know anyone who actually repairs them.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-not-printing.175444/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm printing from a xerox phaser 8650. It was working fine until just recently, and now it gives a message:

error: timeout
offending command: timeout

Stack:
<<
-mark-
-mark-

Anyone know what this means?

A:Printer error

delete jobs in the print queue

uninstall the printer; reboot & then reinstall the printer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-error.174646/
Relevancy 25.8%

I connect to the internet at home using an aircard. Just bought a new Brother printer and want to print wirelessly to it. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks very much!

A:Wireless printing using aircard?

What does the Brother manual tell you? That is the first step. Brother has not been the best at linking to other tecnologies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-printing-using-aircard.174295/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I hope this is a good spot to cannot Two routers and access a printer networked come for an answer Thanks in advance for any help At my business we have a server connected to a cisco router I m unsure of the model but I ll find out if necessary The cisco router is not a wireless router but I wanted to have wireless access for Two routers and cannot access a networked printer my phone and tablet and my quot tech guy quot told me I can t replace the existing router but could hook up a wireless router to the cisco one So I ve hooked up a TPLink Router and it works great I have internet connection through it My issue is - I have a printer which I used to be able to access through the network from any computer on the network Now that my printer and computer are connected to the TPLink Router I cannot find my printer on the network from a computer which is not connected to the TPLink Router - my quot tech guy quot won t respond to help me I think I m unclear and maybe this will help Router -- gt Server other computers Printer amp Router Router -- gt Printer amp My computer My computer can access the server and Printer amp Printer Server can access Printer Server cannot access Printer Please Please help It s so inconvenient having to use only Printer for work related stuff nbsp

A:Two routers and cannot access a networked printer

the issue is the wiring. If you took the link from router#1 to the wan side on router #2,
then there is no means to access router#1 resources.

fix:
a) use your browser to access router#2 setup (I assume you know how, if not ask).
then disable the DHCP service in this router
also disable the remote management port 8080
save the changes.

b) now take the wire out of the wan slot on router#2 and move it to a lan slot, leaving
router#2 wan empty.

Router#2 will then operate as a switch but still retain the WiFi support. All devices connecting
to it will get IP addresses from router#1 and thus have access to all resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-and-cannot-access-a-networked-printer.174191/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I have a legacy printer which i used fairly often last year when it was connected to my desktop via parallel cable however i've ditched the desktop and now have a laptop - and unfortunately no parallel port.

The printer does have a network port so i'm wondering, can I simply connect it to my router and Somehow access it?

The router I have is a netgear dg834g so it can't act as a print server. Is there any way I can still get some use out of it - without purchasing a USB to Parallel cable?

A:Legacy HP Laserjet 4000 printer - can it be networked?

The HP Laserjet 4000 doesn't have a Ethernet port. You have no choice but to use a Parallel or Serial connection of some sort. Even if you had a network device with USB print server ports, you would still need to connect through either Parallel or Serial.

Is there a reason why you are looking not to purchase the USB-to-Parallel cable? If you are looking to stay clear of continually disconnecting the printer, maybe a Parallel Network Print Server or TRENDnet TEW-P1PG Wireless Parallel Print Server would serve you better.

I've had good success with a USB-to-Parallel cable connected to a HP Laserjet 6P with 64-bit compatibility for Windows 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/legacy-hp-laserjet-4000-printer-can-it-be-networked.174024/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm trying to network a Dell 1130n USB printer with 2 PC's running windows XP Pro & 1 windows 7 PC. I have the printer connected to the PC that is running windows 7. I changed all the PC's name to workgroup. I'm guessing where I get getting stuck at is when I go to printer properties, add "additional drivers...", try to add another processor, it gives me a window that says "Please provide a printer driver. Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK." Then it gives me a drop down box to "copy files from: " Where do I get the ".inf" file that its looking for and what is it called? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Happy Thanksgiving all!

A:Networking a printer

same place where you installed the Printer in the first place - - the CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-a-printer.173825/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone Does anyone here familiar with what could be causing all of my printers to print with a greenish tint I was using HP Photosmart printer for my photo printing for awhile When it started to print green tint I figured a good reason to upgrade The newer with a green tint? Printing model of HP Photosmart printer worked great for awhile started to print green again I got rid of them and started to use my old Canon S for general printing And now my S after years of great performance started to print green also Of course now I suspect that it might be one of the programs I m Printing with a green tint? using that it might be corrupting the settings or something like that I do still use Microsoft Picture It even though I also have the Picture It I like to use the because to me it s more user-friendly I use it for most of my limited photo quot manipulations quot including printing Anyone has a good idea what the cause for the green tint is I just don t have the time to install uninstall different programs play with settings etc I d really appreciate some help with this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-with-a-green-tint.171430/
Relevancy 20.64%

SOLVEDPrinter asks for manual feed paper only when trying to print from the computer?

The computer at work copies, scans and accepts faxes just fine but when I go to print from microsoft word it asks for a manual paper feed, if manually fed it will print. What the heck? We want it to use the auto paper feed like it does every other time. I updated the drivers with no improvement.

Samsung scx-4623f

This computer was riddled with viruses before I started working here maybe thats the problem I dont think so though.

Its not just mic word it does the same thing via int explorer print job.

NOTFIXED
You have to select try one instead of auto select in the paper option.

OK this worked for a day the same problem is back any advice?

FIXED Maybe
Changed the printer paper size seems to be working.

A:Printer asks for manual feed paper only when trying to print from the computer?

It fixed it for a day so I am bumping the problem is back.

FIXED MAYBE
Changed the printer paper size seems to be working.

NOT FIXED
Dang thing is asking for manual feed again ill try to turn it to different paper sizes idk.

Ok this seems to only happen when I use microsoft office 2007, after I try to print with that program the problem occurs on anything I try to print from the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-asks-for-manual-feed-paper-only-when-trying-to-print-from-the-computer.171042/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a gateway laptop with windows vista. Sometimes when I plug in my printer a USB port the computer crashes. Then I have to take out the battery and put it back in to start it up again. It seems to do this more when I have my wireless mouse plugged in but still does it when no other devices are in use. Most of the posts I've seen are crash and automatic reboot. Not me! Any ideas?

A:Computer crashes when plugging in printer with no reboot

Sounds like drivers. particularly USB but it could also be motherboard USB controller drivers as well. Do you get Blue Screens? Do you have the latest drivers from Gateway installed for your particular model? Do you have Vista's latest Service Pack and drivers updated?

If not do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-plugging-in-printer-with-no-reboot.171195/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Dell A940 is printing really light and patchy. Tried re-positioning the encoder strip and turning it upside down but to no avail... Have not found anything useful at dell.com. Anyone got a suggestion? Thanks

A:Dell A490 printer printing too light

Have you checked your cartridge ink levels?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-a490-printer-printing-too-light.170987/
Relevancy 21.07%

I want to expand my wireless connectivity at home so that my upstairs of the house and the living room downstairs have a good connectivity to the internet So my cable modem comes with the wireless N router build in Motorola SBG Lets call the cablemodem router as R with IP address of My second router which is a cisco linksysWRT N as R with ip Both are wireless wired router When I connect via routers at two Connecting not home. working Printer R I can browse the internet and go out of the world When I connect via R I can browse the internet and go out of the world I have my printer connected to a print server with and IP When I connect to R I am able to print to the printer When I am connected to R I Connecting two routers at home. Printer not working am not able to print to the printer nor ping R Similarly if I am on R I can ping R IP address BUT if I am on R I CANNOT PING R IP address If I cannot use the printer for R that defeats my purpose of having another router since it cannot communicate from one router to another router It looks to me like a one way traffic R ----XXX ---- gt R R -------------- gt R ---------------- gt R How do I get both router to talk to each other so no matter which router I connect to I can communicate with each other Please help nbsp

A:Connecting two routers at home. Printer not working

Try assigning 192.168.2.2 to R2 and 192.168.2.1 to R1.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-two-routers-at-home-printer-not-working.169308/
Relevancy 22.79%

I with laptop errors Various Windows 7 own a TOSHIBA Various laptop errors with Windows 7 Satellite C D laptop with Windows and just recently a minor problem arose with it Usually when I hold down the FN key the available functions that correlate with the quot F quot keys appear at the top of the screen However that bar doesn t appear anymore I do know that the FN key still works though because I am able to adjust my computer s volume with it FN lowers it FN raises it I m just not really sure why it only works for volume and no longer causes the pop up to happen Additionally my mouse pad s scrolling feature has seemingly been disabled I discovered this the same time that I realized the FN key was acting up I can t drag my finger along the right side or bottom of the mouse pad to scroll through pages I also just realized that Ctrl Alt Del doesn t prompt the Task Manager to appear I am still able to go to Run- gt taskmgr and it pops up but no combination of my keyboard s Crtl Alt Del will open the Task Manager Ctrl still works however because I am able to open up new tabs in my browser with it Wait I m not done yet hahah this is the last problem I have come across The Shutdown button in my Start Menu doesn t respond I can click on it but nothing happens I can still shut it down by clicking on Hibernate and I m pretty sure that doing Run- gt shutdown -s -t will still work Hopefully I ll be able to find some help here I m sure and hoping that this is just a quick fix in the Control Panel that I m just unaware of I m able to bypass all of these annoyances but I still would rather not have to Thank you everyone P S I ran a full system scan with Norton and McAFee and both said my computer was clean nbsp

A:Various laptop errors with Windows 7

I hope you don't have both Norton and McAfee antivirus installed at the same time... Each of these programs separately, can easily "corrupt" Windows. If you have the option of reloading the OS fresh, I would recommend that you do this. Go with a free temp file cleaner and a free program like Microsoft Security Essentials to protect next time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/various-laptop-errors-with-windows-7.169096/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi Everyone I have a HP Officejet A All-in-One Printer which is capable of connecting to the network but has no wireless function I connected it to my wireless router via RJ- and I want to acces it from my laptops via Wireless on the router At the moment the HP Software can t detect the printer on the network on the laptops and hence I can t use the scan functionality I can however use the XP s quot Add Printer quot function to add the printer and it prints perfectly Connect wireless wired all-in-one to printer network I have no issues on wired computers connected to the same router The HP software on those computers can Connect all-in-one wired printer to wireless network detect the printer and I can use all Connect all-in-one wired printer to wireless network of its functionality The laptops are windows XP and the two wired computers are XP and Win The printer and computers are all connected to the same wireless capable router I tried ping on the laptops and I din t get any timeout error The firewalls are all disabled Does anyone have a solution to this problem It is a brand new printer Thanks nbsp

A:Connect all-in-one wired printer to wireless network

this can be done - - WITH CARE.

First issue is to understand what your LAN looks like and what the DHCP range setting is;

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd)
enter IPCONFIG /ALL
the Gateway address will be that of your router; eg 192.168.x.y
assuming you've not changed the default settings,
the X will be different for the make of your router, but typically it is 0 or 1.
the y is almost always 1, but I've seen a few at 254.

To get your A-I-O on that network (and to keep it there), you need to make sure that
the address of the printer [ the y number ]
is not within the router's DHCP range.
Again with bold assumptions, if the router is at 192.168.0.1, then the DHCP range must be from 2 to xyz. I've also seen it from 100-150, so we need to access the router configuration using your browser.

please follow-up with the make and model number of your router so I can tailor the instructions for you ....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-all-in-one-wired-printer-to-wireless-network.165830/
Relevancy 21.07%

I just set up an SMC 300mbps wireless router and I have a 300mbps wireless N adapter on my notebook. Network and Sharing Center on the notebook show wireless speed 270-300 but when I add my Canon wireless printer to the network speed drops to 130. If I take the printer off the network speed goes back up. The printers adapter is wireless G. Is there a work around for this? Should I have gotten a dual band router? I have another wireless N router. Would bridging them help?Thanks

A:Wireless printer slows down network

Don't mix G and N on the same APN's You now understand why this is.

802.11n @ 40MHz @ 300mbps (all N devices) APN's for N only

802.11g @ 20MHz @ 54mbps (all G devices) APN's for G only

This is the best way to go about this. So pickup another wireless router or ap if you can. Those with 2T/2R would be more ideal than 1T/1R ANTs for 802.11g @ 20MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-printer-slows-down-network.163101/
Relevancy 21.07%

The HP Deskjet 5150 printer will not turn off.
The status display is always on.
I have removed the ink cartridges (one is new) and problem is still there.
I have recycled power on the printer and the laptop.
I have tried to use HPPDU to check it but that wont connect either.
Any ideas?

A:HP 5150 printer will not turn off. Status light is also on

The internal logic or power supply may have gone bad. Time for a new printer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-5150-printer-will-not-turn-off-status-light-is-also-on.162719/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a HP Officejet j4680 aio injet printer and I'm not able to send a fax or scan from the software HP Solution Center to the printer it keeps telling me that a software component was not found or was not installed properly and that I should re-install the Photosmart Essentials 3.5 software and try to scan again but every time I re-install the software I still cannot scan or fax.I have done this numerous times and still cannot figure out what is causing it to fail or what software component is missing.Does any one have any idea what is causing this scan failure from my pc?

A:Cannot scan from computer to printer?

Firstly, I don't have the same printer as you do, but I did have similar problems with installing a HP G2710 scanjet scanner. I believe it's down to not having the correct drivers, (the disc supplied was for XP and Vista) and I am using '7'.
After a lot of trial and error, I got it to work by doing the following.
(You might be able to adapt this to your software.)
-----------------------------------------------------------
*Uninstall your HP driver, then;
1) Copy HP CD to a new folder on C:\ drive.
2) Open that folder, right-click on "hpzsetup" then choose "Troubleshoot compatibility"
3) Choose "Troubleshoot program"
4) Choose "Vista Sevice Pack 1"
-----------------------------------------------------------
The general idea might do the trick for your situation and setup.
Another idea I found that works, is that I can launch the scanner from the program called "Faststone image editior" , "File", "Scanboard". That worked, when the HP shortcut on the desktop would fail.
Lastly, I think I saw a Windows 7 driver available now for my scanner so there is a good chance these problems will get sorted out in time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-scan-from-computer-to-printer.162801/