Windows Support Forum

HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Q: HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 74.82%

I installed a new cartridge in HP PSC 1510, and now it prints a Test Page before every print job. I have tried EVERYTHING to make it stop. Wastes lots of time and ink. Please, someone assist.

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a shared printer I'm trying to print to from a Win 7 Ult 64bit system. When I print the test page, all the queue shows is the test page entry, and "Error - Printing". I can't find the error or anything that tells me what the issue is. HELP!!! 8-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397967-printing-errors-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a shared printer I'm trying to print to from a Win 7 Ult 64bit system. When I print the test page, all the queue shows is the test page entry, and "Error - Printing". I can't find the error or anything that tells me what the issue is. HELP!!! 8-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397967-printing-errors-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a lap top computer that is set up to my home computer. It used to be able to print but it all of a sudden stopped printing and the error message says... windows cannot printy due to a problem with the current printer setup. Try one of the following *check the printer by priniting a test page from windows (which when tried it comes up with this error message...printer properties cannot be displayed. The prin spooler is not running)
*make sure the printer is turned on * reinstall the printer driver (again when this was done the print spooler not running came up)

I have been told it a possible print spooler corruption, becasue when you go to the area where you can stop and start print spooler it is already on and says it is started.

HELP Please I need this for my school work
Thanks

A:Printing errors specifically printer spooler not running

Did you try restarting it anyway under Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then Services and Print Spooler. My setup requires this about once per year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-errors-specifically-printer-spooler-not-running.71178/
Relevancy 66.65%

My dads H.P.printer, All in one PSC 1350 prints a test page every time he turns the printer off and on. It wastes so much color ink. I've searched all over the properties and cant see where there is a place to stop the test page. Other than leaving the printer on, is there a way to stop the test page from being printed? He only uses the printer once in a while, thats why he turns it off when he's not using it.

A:H.P. Printer - 1350 PSC - Help stop "test page" printing at startup

A little more information: He's using Window's Vista and has all the updated drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/h-p-printer-1350-psc-help-stop-test-page-printing-at-startup.872835/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi All
Can some one tell me a great software that will create a diskette or on cd itself, run a diagnostic test on my pc that will show me what may be going wrong on mmy computer???

Is there a software that will refresh memory when a pc has been sitting idle for a long time???

Is there a way I can determine how much memory an application can use instead of it, using what it wants???

thanks
Nfinit1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diagnostic-test.96702/
Relevancy 63.64%

Customer Service has asked me to run basic diagnostic test.  This procedure has been stuclaimed on 17% estimated time remaining 12 mins 13 secs for over two hours!!   Is it safe to say that my laptop has once again frozen.  Shall I abort test.  Quick test was selected.   

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Diagnostic test

Jules9906 Was this a hard disk test? If so, and it's stuck like this, that indicates that your hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. IF it was a different test, I don't know what to tell you. Either way, you can turn it off without damaging the PC. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Diagnostic-test/td-p/5607844
Relevancy 62.78%

I think im having a problem with the diagnostic test. its been running good then all of a sudden i got to a spot when there is black and gray lines and i keep hitting enter but ive been doing this for about 20 minutes, but wont go any further

i was having a problem with a blue screen and the help i got said that my hard drive went bad, but not sure since i got into the diagnostic test. I just think hubby was touching something that he shouldnt have.

thanks

A:problem with diagnostic test

got through the diagnostic test ok everything passed. If everything passes does that mean i didnt fry my hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-diagnostic-test-464522.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My boss asked me to recommend software to be used for stress testing the hardware in a PC for stability and reporting errors if found It needs to run under Windows XP Pro needs to be a single utility or can be more than one if they will run concurrently It needs to be able to run for hours until stopped manually Finally it needs to be paid or open source software that has no license restrictions for use on commercial business computers Price is not a consideration Google hasn t been much help as most of the products I see are tuneup tweak repair anti-malware optimize or clean up utilities list exhaustive details of the hardware in the PC Hardware Diagnostic Test and Stress computer or include hardware for troubleshooting boot issues These are NOT what I am looking for I gave Passmark Burn-In software a look but unsure if it is what I am looking for Recommendations for software that you have personally used will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Okay, so I installed 8gb of 800mhz ddr2 ram.

Was detected okay. booted fine.

then i ran the memory diagnostic program. yold me to restart. and ran a memory test twice, then ran another 2 test loop.

I tried to set smaller settings. but it reverts to the 2 test standard test. Won't reboot and endlessly scans.

help ! ready to flatten and reinstall the drive.

sigh. just saw 4 gb is not showing up.

A:Win7 - Mem diagnostic test loop

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Billy

then i ran the memory diagnostic program.

I presume you mean the Windows memory diagnostic. I never see anyone recommending that but I think this is the preferred method.

How to perform a MemTest86+ Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-mem-diagnostic-test-loop-735161.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When I ran the diagnostic test on my Dell laptop, one of the parts failed.

DST Short Status Test
Unit 4: Drive Self Test Failed - Status Byte: 70

So this basically means that something is wrong with my hard drive? It seems to be working fine, though. The only thing is that it gets really hot, could that be it?

If someone can clear this matter up for me, that'd be great.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-error-diagnostic-test.589718/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, Im having probs with my hard drive making harsh grinding noises, is there a test I can use? Any help is appreciated, cheers

A:hard drive diagnostic test

Depends on the make/model of your drive. Western Digital has an excellent little utility to check THEIR drives. Do you know what kind of drive you have? You may need to open the computer and have a look on the drive. Then go to the drive's manufacture's web site and see if anything is offered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-diagnostic-test.119263/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello

Am running on a Gateway with Windows 98SE. Picked up a Kodak digital camera with docking bay. Use Kodak Picture software for transferring from camera to the PC. Had been working fine until...

I disconnected the docking bay from my PC, (USB port) as I needed to use my scanner for a few days. Now, after I replace the scanner with the Kodak docking bay my pics will not transfer.

Of course now I wonder if this is a software or hardware issue. My question is: Is there a way for me to run a diagnostic that will tell me if the PC recognizes the Kodak docking bay? My thinking is that the software is not able to "see" the bay, therefore ignoring it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Relevancy 61.49%

I run a test on my pavilion dv5000 an the result is #1-07 fail what those that mean I should get new one or can it be fixed 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-run-a-diagnostic-test-on-my-hard-disk-an-the-result-is/td-p/5758256
Relevancy 61.06%

my hp advanced system diagnostic battery test report this msgFAILURE ID:0LPXKW-5QW860-QFPH5A-C0BW03PRODUCT ID: XX049AV#ABD

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my hp advanced system diagnostic battery test report this ms...

I think you can assume it was not sold with a new battery so needs one now. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-hp-advanced-system-diagnostic-battery-test-report-this/td-p/5685335
Relevancy 61.06%

I am helping a friend try to regain his touch screen capabilities.  He seems to think that the windows 10 upgrade stopped it working.  I have run the Hardware Diagnostic Test (F2 on boot) and run the component check for touch screen.  There is no response to touching the screen.   This test is UEFI which I presume runs before any OS is loaded.  The display works fine otherwise.  Is there a way to know if this is a motherboard problem?  I can't find anything in the BIOS that relates to touch screen, and I can't get a log report for the diagnostic test because I can't start the test ... it just times out and the log says cancelled.  Is there a separate connector from display to motherboard for touch screen that may have come loose?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hardware-Diagnostic-Component-Test-Touchscreen-not/td-p/5833589
Relevancy 61.06%

My Desktop All-in-one Compaq HP 18-3204LA (or ID product: H5N68AA#AKH ) Fails when its trying to Start Windows 10 (64-bits) , I Checked The Diagnostic HP and i got a problem about the Short DST from the Hard Disk , As it got failed in the Test Progress The Fail ID was:  M0AFHT-000863-MFPNXG-60SE03  

A:Hard Disk Short DST HP Diagnostic Test Failed

@Nikoiro?, welcome to the forum. This error message means that your hard drive has failed.  You will have to replace it.  You should buy a hard drive the same size or larger than the one being replaced. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-Short-DST-HP-Diagnostic-Test-Failed/td-p/5689470
Relevancy 61.06%

For some reason I decided to run a full Extended Scan of my Western Digital hard disks years old using WD Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool for Windows The tests ran and the drives passed Feb On the next startup unfortunately this was partially unattended I just caught the tail end of it it looked like chkdsk was running Some notes I jotted down not well quot Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot quot One of you disks needs to be checked for consistency quot quot reparse records processed quot quot deleting index entry sessionstore js in index quot After that over the next week some strange behavior occurred I went to scan some documents and received an error regarding a quot bad image quot of specific Epson DLLs and suggestion to reinstall the drivers The kicker the scanner worked I reinstalled the drivers anyway - end of that problem My laser printer disappeared from Devices and Printer The kicker I could still print to it from any program Then it just reappeared still the default printer Certain programs Firefox Thunderbird do not start or take quite a while to start spinning orb A restart of Windows clears that up when it happens Watching task manager processes while waiting for the programs to start I noticed instances of Windows Media Player come up and go off then the Test Diagnostic Disk After Behavior Windows Hard Odd program opened Shut Down was delayed on random occasions - in some cases requiring a Hard-Off All these symptoms are new and occurred after the test I did due diligence Ran virus scans and anti-malware All clean Ran System File Checker All clean Then I ran a chkdsk C r Checkdisk found quot unindexed files recovered quot and fixed them Things seemed to have calmed down Odd Windows Behavior After Hard Disk Diagnostic Test a bit after that But not quite up to normal performance So what do y'all think Have you seen anything like this before Could a diagnostic test bork a Windows installation What other tests can I run to check the integrity of my installation

A:Odd Windows Behavior After Hard Disk Diagnostic Test

Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen

...On the next startup (unfortunately this was partially unattended, I just caught the tail end of it) it looked like chkdsk was running. Some notes I jotted down (not well):...

You should be able to see the info in event viewer
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

Pretty weird stuff you got going on - media player starting like that. It might take less time to put in a new drive and make a fresh OS build than to ferret out way this stuff is happening. But if you want to play with and learn from the situation that you have, Process Explorer might reveal what is launching media player.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276976-odd-windows-behavior-after-hard-disk-diagnostic-test.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Late yesterday afternoon a momentary power outage from overall area electrical usage from the high temperatures outside has resulted in my computer s ethernet port connected to high speed cable to stop or at best very briefly at times intermittently working This happened even with everything plugged into a surge protector even the cable modem coaxial cable do damaged I diagnostic on port? possibly Ethernet test How a a run A second computer connected How do I run a diagnostic test on a possibly damaged Ethernet port? through the same service Cox which was not powered up at the time of the power outage is working fine for Internet I contacted Cox technical support who were helpful and we found the cable modem is working fine from their tests I also connected a cell phone to the first computer dialup speed and it is working fine How can I run a diagnostic test on the built-in Ethernet port not a card to confirm their is a hardware problem other than doing this thru Mozilla or IE and find I am not connecting to web pages before I schlep this machine to the authorized repair shop which is reputable and does good work from my experience some distance away Some info on the computer with the connectivity problems Windows SE PC Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop It is five years old but in my opinion it is worth replacing the Ethernet unless more than as really simply do not have time to go shopping for and set up a new computer with extra work hours a long commute and other things going on personally until have a significant chunk of time off during the holidays later this year In Device Manager I believe the Ethernet port is listed as Intel R PRO VE Network Connection There is also listing for Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter under Network Adaptors Using Zone Alarm firewall v The newer v is not compatible with Windows I had both computers connected through a Linksys wired router It is damaged too from testing too with Cox as we found the nd computer would connect to the Internet directly through the cable modem but not through the router after the power outage spike I am not worried about replacing this for less rather than possibly spending lots of time and possibly expense with Linksys phone support with a likely out of warranty year old router Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

My HP Envy 700 was recently updagraded to windows 7 and I notced the optical drive went shortly there after. NOt sure if this was related. I ran all the debug steps inculding trying multiple media on two different PCs and making sure autoplay and promt for auto play were enabled. Its doesn't even seem to spin up. I tried ppowering up with F2 to run the component -> optical drive diagnostics but it just akss for a disk even though known good disks are in in the drive. I assume the drive is toast, but I am looking for forum feedback before getting a new one. Bummer since the warranty jsut expired. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Optical-drive-won-t-even-start-the-component-diagnostic-test/td-p/5808058
Relevancy 61.06%

I just ran the extended suite of the Windows Memory Diagnostic trying to figure out why World of Warcraft kept crashing. And test 10/11 the Erand test came back as failed. I have two sticks of Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 2.6V My mobo is Asrock P4VMB. I'm not a huge techie so I wouldn't be able to pinpoint specifically what's causing this error, maybe you guys can help. If there's any more information needed just say what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-memory-diagnostic-erand-test-failed.69548/
Relevancy 59.34%

PC the problem is that just after the systems white writing Windows starts loading, then a blue screen with white writing appears saying something about trying to find the NTFS files on the second drive.
I have checked the inner cabling and that seems to be ok checked ram removed & replaced.
The writing goes over quickly that I can not write them down quick enough

A:Screen Printing for Diagnostic Purposes

I believe that you can pause those messages by hitting the Pause/Break button on your keyboard. It's usually in the top-right area, near the prntscn button.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-printing-for-diagnostic-purposes-361967.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Could some body remind me how to use the PrtScn key on the keyboard,
(Apart from the obvious ' Press it' )
I need to print something off the screen after it has booted up.

Lockeyp.

Relevancy 58.91%

Need some guidance I'm trying to help a friend who got hit by something virus malware etc Cleaned that up but In looking over his Win bit Home Premium system I noticed his Windows Update had not run in over a year So I tried to run it manually and have been going down a rabbit hole ever since It looks like something has completely removed all the subkeys to quot Component Based Servicing quot which is core to the whole Update process TrustedInstaller is throwing all sorts of errors I tried to run an sfc scannow and it fails So last I ran a Readiness Test Whoa it fixed and left errors Almost all related to the regkeys needed for Component Readiness errors, Win 7 Test Update errors Help 5000+ returning Based Servicing Is there an overall re-install for Windows Update and it's dependent components Is there any chance this laptop can be saved I've run out of idea's All googled fixes have failed so I'm open to all suggestions at this point Thx

A:Win 7 Update errors, Readiness Test returning 5000+ errors Help

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304382-win-7-update-errors-readiness-test-returning-5000-errors-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All I tried doing a SF Diagnostic but realized that the program screen has extra buttons namely DXDIAG and SYSTEM INFO When SF Diagnostic Errors I use the GRAB ALL button SF Diagnostic Errors there is an err and it refuses to go further I therefore click one button at a time These are my issues When I click on DXDIAG I get the following message Unhandled exception has occurred in your application If you click Could not find file C Windows dxdiag txt This is what is in the details Code See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System IO FileNotFoundException Could not find file 'C Windows dxdiag txt' File name 'C Windows dxdiag txt' at Microsoft VisualBasic FileIO FileSystem CopyOrMoveFile CopyOrMove operation String sourceFileName String destinationFileName Boolean overwrite UIOptionInternal showUI UICancelOption onUserCancel at Microsoft VisualBasic FileIO FileSystem CopyFile String sourceFileName String destinationFileName UIOption showUI UICancelOption onUserCancel at Microsoft VisualBasic MyServices FileSystemProxy CopyFile String sourceFileName String destinationFileName UIOption showUI UICancelOption onUserCancel at SF Diagnostic Tool Form Button Click Object sender EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Control OnClick EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Button OnClick EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Button OnMouseUp MouseEventArgs mevent at System Windows Forms Control WmMouseUp Message amp m MouseButtons button Int clicks at System Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms ButtonBase WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Button WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow OnMessage Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- SF Diagnostic Tool Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Users Curds Desktop SF Diagnostic Tool exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly Version Win Version Win SP - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- JIT Debugging To enable just-in-time JIT debugging the config file for this application or computer machine config must have the jitDebugging value set in the system windows forms section The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled For example lt configuration gt lt system windows forms jitDebugging quot true quot gt lt configuration gt When JIT debugging is enabled any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box Whenever I click on the CPU-Z button it tries to open the following site ftp ftp cpuid com cpu-z cpu-z -setup-en exe MGADIAG button takes me to a screen that says quot View and Track you downloads quot and ask if I want to run or save program This is a little o... Read more

A:SF Diagnostic Errors

Are you trying to use that because you want help with a BSOD?

Use Option 1 in this tutorial instead...its more stable:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/334676-sf-diagnostic-errors.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I ran diagnostic test on my laptop I need help with these service errors - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to Errors Help!!! Diagnostic Need create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt Diagnostic Errors Need Help!!! - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service Diagnostic Errors Need Help!!! - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Windows Search Service - Description The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x b Failed to add Gather Application Windows gt - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Cannot create a file when that file already exists - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action Restart the service after the unexpected termination of the Windows Search service but this action failed with the following error An instance of the service is already running - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Cannot create a file when that file already exists - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Cannot create a file when that file already exists - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service terminated with the following error Cannot create a file when that file already exists - Time AM - Source Service Control Manager - Description The Windows Search service term... Read more

A:Diagnostic Errors Need Help!!!

Why did you run the diagnostic? What was happening that prompted you to run it?

Do you have a Restore Point from just before the problem started?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303807-diagnostic-errors-need-help.html
Relevancy 56.76%

thanks for your guide

how can I create a task to 'open a printer, print the test page at that specific printer and then shut down the printer' ?

I want to do this, so that the printer will be maintained and not break due to inactivity

thanks!

A:Create task to open printer, print test page, and shutdown printer?

Not understanding this part of your question ........ "not break due to inactivity"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276272-create-task-open-printer-print-test-page-shutdown-printer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I d Errors, Diagnostic Found Hdd Startup Won't Xp first like to say that I ve been searching similar issues and tried many fixes before I registered to ask for help The PC Hdd Diagnostic Found Errors, Xp Won't Startup - HP Pavilion a n- Hdd Diagnostic Found Errors, Xp Won't Startup Windows XP Home Edition- Samsung SP N HDDThe Problem - My system seemed fine I did have alot of programs AutoStarting that I didn t use regularly and I knew the system could possibly run quicker but it wasn t an immediate concern In short a friend came over last Sunday and suggested disabling items via msconfig - Startup which I knew of but didn t want to touch for fear of disabling something I shouldn t However we did hit apply and restarted My system would not reboot Also F would not bring up the Safe Mode Option - I tried repeatedly to boot and hit F No success - Finally I searched on the family PC and saw a recommendation to repair XP with the XP CD I went through the process hitting enter and selecting the Windows currently installed for repair and went through the process all the way through with entering the key and all - Windows actually came back up however it was SP and I started the process of downloading SP After the reboot once again it wouldn t bring up quot normal quot Windows but I could hit F and go into SafeMode Can t remember much after that other than attempting the repair again and got stuck in the quot XP setup cannot run under SafeMode quot loop - The last error I get now when trying to enter SafeMode is a stream of multi disk rdisk partition Windows System Drivers multi disk rdisk partition Windows System drivers Failed Fixes -- via Recovery Console - fixboot- bootcfg- chkdsk c r-- bootcfg list gt bootscfg rebuild gt Add install to list gt Load Identifer gt OS Load Options gt exit-- How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from www support microsoft com kb -- How to Perform Repair Installwww michaelstevenstech com XPrepairinstall htmNew Tools - After reading Michael s Repair walkthrough I realized I was repairing with am SP version XP cd So I used his link reference and slipstreamed my XP cd with SP tested and working - created an UBCD from the Ultimate Boot CD site tested and working Note This CD runs with no obvious issues and I have been able to look through My Documents and My Computer and see that everything is still there Is there a way to grab them and back them up before further repair attempts - created Hiren s BootCD tested and working Diagnostics - I ran the Samsung Hutil and everything Passed except items which errors were found It recommended I erase my HDD after testing I stopped here and put the UBDC back in and finally came to type my story First thank you for reading through my issue and thank you ahead of time for any assistance you all can lend me

A:Hdd Diagnostic Found Errors, Xp Won't Startup

I'd suggest backing up your data immediately. The Ultimate Boot CD should have tools to either burn a CD/DVD for backup or USB support so you can backup to an external drive.Once that's done, I'd suggest using a tool such as HDD Regenerator (~$60 US) or SpinRite (~$90 US)A less expensive alternative would be to use the low level format option with the Samsung utility (more info here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd...port_HUTIL.html )Sometimes when a drive starts spitting errors out you can fix it with a tool like the above - other times the errors will keep recurring and you'll have to replace the drive. Until you figure out which case is yours, you stand the risk of losing data each time that you use that drive - so it's your call if you want to keep trying or go with a new drive. Should you decide to stay with the old drive, I'd suggest running the Samsung Hard Drive test periodically so you can catch any further errors in the early stages.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166504/hdd-diagnostic-found-errors-xp-wont-startup/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had been experience weird crashing errors in world of warcraft and narrowed it down to memory problems. The memory is old and not great memory so I downlaod windows memory diagnostic and got these errors...

Test Name Cache # of errors
ERAND On FAILED 427
LRAND On FAILED 26
additional information...
Slot A0 - 141 errors
Slot A1 - 312 errors

Thus both my memory sticks must have errors - the errors werent all in one slot.
Is this is enough to conclude both my memory sticks are bad and need replacing , or do i need to use a more advanced memory test like memtest or something (is that more advanced?) Is there any way to fix these errors and isolate the corrupt addresses from being used in the memory?

Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

I ran my Driect X to test things out and got these messages.
" An error occurred while setting yourdisplay to 640X480 mode with 16 bit color (high color)."

"Your computer may not support this mode."

"This is not nessarily a problem, though some programs may not work without support for this mode."

3D TEST:

"Test failed at step 39 (set display mode to 640X480X16)"
HRESULT= 0x80004001 (not implemented)"

"Test failed at step 8 crating 3D device"
HRESULT = 0X88760827 (error code)

"Test failed at step 8 creating 3D device" HRESULT = 0X8876086c (error code)

Processor: AMD Athon XP2400+,3DNOW,2.0GHz

Memory: 1008MB RAM

DirectX Ver.: DirectX 9.0c

Card name: Gigabyte RADEON 9200SE SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 9200 SE AGP (0x5964)
Thank you for reading, and I hope your help.

"S"
V^^^^V

A:DirectX Diagnostic Tool Errors

ALSO.
When the 'puter is powering up and the black screen scrolls through all the data,I get this maessage at the bottom.

"Hardware monitor found an error, enter power setup menu for details."
"Press F1 to continue."
Help?

"S"
V^^^^V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directx-diagnostic-tool-errors.430395/
Relevancy 55.47%

My Write Error quot data quot count for my WDC BB has been at since I purchased the drive Recently after hours of running Window Memory CAUSES Diagnostic WRITE ERRORS! Windows s Memory Diagnostic utility the most comprehensive scan no processor cache extended memory map I look Windows Memory Diagnostic CAUSES WRITE ERRORS! back and see a radical jump of my quot Write Error Rate quot data value from Windows Memory Diagnostic CAUSES WRITE ERRORS! to I hadn t even accessed Windows or even WRITTEN to the disk within the time it took the Write Error count to jump from to How can this be possible How can write errors occur without any writing Memory Diagnostic should only be interfacing between RAM and the CPU Thinking it was the app I let Memory Diagnostic run overnight for hours and the Write Error count grew --now it s The events of using Windows Memory Diagnostic my st use of it ever then immediately after getting write errors then reproducing this same occurrence these events are surely linked Here are some theories I ve been given Replace the drive it s failing Some element of some drives in general causes it to spew out write errors after long hours of sitting idle in DOS with zero HDD activity Computer is overheating because the processor cache was turned off making it work harder There s a possibility that when Windows Memory Diagnostic runs it forces RAM to peak and that would cause the count increase My responses confusion It s not failing My secondary drive didn t spew out write errors but maybe it only happens with the system drive For example Memory Diagnostic boots from A but the BIOS keeps bothering the C System Drive to boot Windows The fan is working and I don t overclock my system If the RAM is quot peaked quot without any extra backup why would it pick on my HDD and so specifically increase its Write Error count And how can the diagnostic even quot peak quot RAM when the second it s full a new test is started Has anyone themselves run Windows Memory Diagnostic overnight with no cache extended map extended suite I m interested in hearing if you noticed Write Errors afterwards Also interested in any form of attempted technical explanation of this occurrence Here are my system specs Dell Intel PE motherboard Intel Pentium CPU GHz GB SDRAM DIMM NVIDIA GeForce MX WDC BB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-memory-diagnostic-causes-write-errors.494283/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I just checked my error log and I have many many errors showing that are either Boot Performance Monitoring or Shutdown Performance Monitoring and a few Standby PM's I bought this in Jan Feb nbsp I know it's not shutting down or starting up without manually making it do so But it does take a long time to start up and it does seem like there is lag time with different things like typing Errors - Performance in Critical Diagnostic Source Event Log - online nbsp using a link to a page that I'm always signed in to sometimes takes awhile nbsp or logging off sometimes takes longer than it should BTW I did receive a nbsp message here stating that there were other questions like mine already here Critical Errors in Event Log - Source - Diagnostic Performance but I looked at them and they were completely different issues However by the time I was done typing and pasting info there were several new ones that were similar to mine - sorry about that but they were not there until I finished The specs are nbsp HP dv Series Notebook nbsp Intel Dual Core CPU T ghz Ram - Gigs Came with preinstalled bit nbsp Windows nbsp Home Premium OS I have not seen this particular event before I guess I was looking at a different nbsp event log for applications all this time I nbsp stopped using the computer for about months because I didn't have the time to learn nbsp Windows I only just nbsp recently turned it back on a few days ago because my PC broke It's also an HP and only yr - mths old and it looks like it could be the motherboard Anyway on the event log it's showing these errors as far back as BEFORE nbsp I even owned nbsp the pc I'm worried because it's saying they are critical and I don't understand what nbsp it's talking about Here is a copy of nbsp an individual nbsp event Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Date AM Event ID Task Category Boot Performance Monitoring Level Critical Keywords Event Log User LOCAL SERVICE Computer name nbsp I nbsp deleted this nbsp Description Windows has started up Boot Duration ms IsDegradation false Incident Time UTC - - T Z lt Event xmlns Critical Errors in Event Log - Source - Diagnostic Performance quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance quot Guid quot CFC EC - B - EBA- B- CAEE B A quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot - - - A -D C CB ACB quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational lt Channel gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt Data Name quot BootTsVersion quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootStartTime quot Critical Errors in Event Log - Source - Diagnostic Performance gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootEndTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SystemBootInstance quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot UserBootInstance quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MainPathBootTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootKernelInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootDriverInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootDevicesInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootPrefetchInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootPrefetchBytes quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAutoChkTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootSmssInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootCriticalServicesInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootUserProfileProcessingTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootMachineProfileProcessingTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootExplorerInitTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name qu... Read more

A:Critical Errors in Event Log - Source - Diagnostic Performance

Hi pippin33,
I suggest that you contact HP support for guidance on a full system restore\recovery. Find your specific model version of the DV6 and locate this page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&tmp_task=useCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3987491
Start-up and shutdown should happen normally, especially with a new computer. (Less than 45 seconds startup, typically faster)
They pulled the "create your own or order system recovery disk" routine, so you are left with the recovery partition method.
If you have the Windows 7 installation disk, boot from it, and select repair the system.
Quite possibly, there is a BIOS and\or multiple driver updates. Let HP guide you on that before diving in on your own.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a9c8f39-cfd5-4ab5-9646-a08cc18ead77/critical-errors-in-event-log-source-diagnostic-performance?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 53.75%

I m an intern at a non-profit for the summer and was given my own webpages printer list printer printing in up when Network showing not little office The small problem I have is with trying to print webpages specifically the format that a page would be when you try to print off google maps When printing in other programs such as office I can select which printer There are network printers that Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages print double sided that are desktop units in other people s cubes and that is the fax machine However when printing off a webpage I am only Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages given two options quot MS Office Document Image Writer quot Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages and quot Microsoft XPS Document Writer quot How can I make any of the other printers availible show up when I m trying to print a webpage The tech guy is covering about other jobs and told me I m free to fiddle add edit system stuff on my machine I tend to be pretty good about most things but am not experienced with networking Any help would be appreciated let me know if any clarification is necessary I m running Windows XP all current updates have been installed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I am having the hardest time finding a code that works.... please help i have been searching for days ... my level is novice

thank you

A:printing a test page from the command prompt

Specifically, what are you trying to do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183254-printing-test-page-command-prompt.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a hp computer connected to a wireless linsky router and printer server. The computer starts printing for a while then it stops. When I look in my print jobs it shows the info is waiting to be printed and sometimes it says printer paused. The only way I can get it to print the jobs listed is to restart my computer and it automatically prints all the jobs. Also, if I go in to cancel the jobs it will not print anything until I restart.

A:Network printer stops printing/ or says printer pause

How are you connected? By what sort of network and what is the device in the printer to which you plug the network card.
This is fairly common in our area with those using Belkin Wireless.
But we find that most clients are not properly connecting everything in the network... using the Microsoft and HP network troubleshooting usually cures the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-stops-printing-or-says-printer-pause.121714/
Relevancy 53.32%

Printer not printing documents!After several years with no problems, every time I try to print a document, my system is telling me the printer is busy.I have un-installed the printer and re-installed and it has not solved the problem.Still getting same response.Please help.

A:Printer is busy error Printer not printing documents

How are you connecting to the printer?Usb (unlikely parallel port these days) or via wifi or ethernet/cat-5 connection?Make and model of printer would be useful too; and also details of computer...Hardware info is always useful to have in any CFH (Call For Help) post...; and of course the operating system too (which you are showing as XP in this case).

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/printer-is-busy-error-printer-not-printing-documents/203063.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I use Vista businees and have MS office 2007.

In outlook 2007, when I print my Calendar (montly view), the text is truncated, even if there only one activity for a particular day.

Is there a way to print the text on more than one line (wrap around), assuming there is space?

I have seen other Calendar application doing this.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2007-calendar-printing-test-wrap-around.802500/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently changed my ink cartridges, and every time I turn on my printer,it prints a test page. Does anyone know how to stop this?

A:Solved: HP PSC 1317 won't stop printing test pages.

Take the test page ( also called : alighnment page ) that always prints when you switch on the printer and place it face down in the scanner.

Then press the scan button on the printer itself.
(this is the button at the bottom of all the buttons on the printer/scanner.)

Make sure that the printer scans the test page.
( sometimes you press the butoon and it doesn't scan )
( it makes a scanning noise when scanning succesfully )
This should stop printing the test page ( alignment page )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-psc-1317-wont-stop-printing-test-pages.778765/
Relevancy 52.46%

Epson XP 400 - Test Page - Printing Color - Why? - How Do I Fix.

Hello, I was testing out some ink on my Epson XP-400 Printer.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CC07201

Anyway, I had to clean ink head, even though I periodically do it anyway. Yes I know that it is recommended in the tech community. Then print test page, which came out fine. However, I accidentally left the color enable. So turned it off. Printed another test page. The color came out, you where the Windows Logo is on the corner.

Computer Specs: Lenovo V570 Windows 7.

A:Epson XP 400 - Test Page - Printing Color When Set to Black&White - How Fix?

Print Only in Black and White:
Click Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes.
Left click on Laser to highlight.
Click File > Printing Preferences.
Click on the Color tab.
Click on the circle by Grayscale to move the bullet to that selection.
Click Apply and OK.

to switch from "colour" printing to "black".

So, "unclick" the 'Grayscale' setting.
hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-xp-400-test-page-printing-color-when-set-to-black-white-how-fix.1103665/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer cannot find my printer pool.

I get the following error each time I click "find printer":

"The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable."

I currently have 6 documents in the printer pool.

How can I fix this?

Thank you for any and all help.

A:Solved: Why is my printer not printing from OS recognized printer?

See lot of people have similar problem but each solution is different ... here is some link
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-active/52bfd961-ff62-4397-b8cf-a0708f0cb3d2

If it just happen try use system restore first and restore to the time is working... thatwill be the easiest way to do..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-my-printer-not-printing-from-os-recognized-printer.1033499/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,

EPSON EPL-N1600 BW printer.
Not printing!
Instead of printing, comes up with error:

Paper Out MP A4

any ideas on this error, help!!!

A:EPSON printer not printing with following LED error from printer.

problem fixed

had to chage the default tray setting in the printer properties. Was set to 'automatically select', had to set it to the appropriate tray.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-printer-not-printing-with-following-led-error-from-printer.54106/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok i have just a motherboard cpu and ram pluged in. Everytime after about an hour I start to get errors on test 7 of memtest. I have just changed the ram from 1gb of kingston to 1gb of ocz and it is still doing the same thing( I tried every piece in every combination possible). I have and old intel 775 p4 processer, a intel d945gtp motherboard and a ultraconnect 500W power supply.

When ever i put windows onto one of it's 3 harddrives it constantly gice crc errors so i can install almost nothing.

I just wasted $60 for ram for it and it didn't make a difference. Would would the cpu or the motherboard be my next step?
EDIT: upgraded the bios and it works now

A:Memtest test 7 errors

Welcome to TSG....

What kind of RAM is this Kingston or OCZ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memtest-test-7-errors.662855/
Relevancy 52.03%

Haf X Asus Rampage III Formula Core I - stock Cooler Master V CPU Cooler kits GB of G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL running in triple channel x Palit GB GTX in SLI Corsair TX watt PSU Windows Pro bit Well first off I m on my second build and I intend to OC My first build was nothing but making sure the Ram was clocked and timed according to specs and unlocking my BE s extra cores On this build all I ve been running is basic tasks and not much gaming on stock settings for several New rig: test stability errors Pre-OC'ing weeks I want to get a moderate overclock ghz on New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors my i - would be nice for starters The overclocking guide I found said to make sure my system was stable at stock I m actually a little bit surprised I hadn t ran prime already When I realized I hadn t even downloaded prime I decided to do so and run it And to my surprise I get an error not mins into the blend test quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file quot I ve never actually gotten an error from prime because my first build wasn t built for OC ing and pushing the hardware to its limits I m not actually quite sure where to go from here Any advice The blend test of prime says it tests the CPU and some Ram should I start to prepare myself mentally for RMA ing at least one component nbsp

A:New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors

this could be a problem with your ram why you need 24GB is crazy to much of a chance of one of the sticks being bad i would try them all separate and see if you still get the error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-pre-ocing-stability-test-errors.159769/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a Patriot Memory LX Series GB Class Micro SDHC from Amazon ca this is the first time I've used a Patriot Memory card Once I got it in the mail I tested it with ATTO Disk Benchmark Tool v using the settings in the screenshot provided I used the settings matching another customer on Amazon ca I've tried different card readers with the same results and only this new card gets these I O comparison errors Chkdsk showed no problems though I got this card on a whim and should've did more research from other sites the newegg and Amazon com seem to have poorer reviews it seems Also read this card or maybe all GB Class SDHC has problems with Android Do these errors mean anything serious Based on these results is this card prone to corruption and data loss I checked the Patriot yr warranty is it worth it to RMA I'd have to pay S amp H to Patriot

A:I/O Errors on SDHC Benchmark Test

bump for help. I've tried google, but I can't find out how serious I/O errors are for SDHC. I've transferred a 1080 movie onto the sdhc, and it transferred/played on my PC without any problems I could notice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242397-i-o-errors-sdhc-benchmark-test.html
Relevancy 50.74%

what is the best professional pc software can physically that test physically hardware for errors including sound card motherboard, processor, graphics card, memory, usb ports,harddrive and hard drive controller, power supply, dvd rw drives and speed and hardware io errors and interruppt conflicts and temperasture while running pc games. Can I get a free one or do I need to spend a fortune to get one. On On my old pc I hac pc doctor. I look on web and it said it now costs $$300.

I do not want software that just gathers information about hardware or optomizes but instead physically test my hardware for errors, for example any errors in math co processor.

what about burn test software

A:what is best software to physicaly test all hardware for errors

Im not sure what you are looking for. Are you looking for a benchmarking program or are you looking for a maintenance software. Or do you have any problems where it might cause BSODs and you want to see what component is failing. As you might have guessed there is no simple answer to this question no matter how you look at it. But in order to be able to answer your question of need i first need to know what you are looking for exactly.

Sounds to me like you actually want a software that somehow scans your hardware for problems. To be honest there are no programs out there that straight of the bat does that for you and are actually accurate. If i remember right that doctor program you are talking about only checks your hdd for sector errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229812-what-best-software-physicaly-test-all-hardware-errors.html
Relevancy 50.74%

is this normal??? yes or no

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...91129-1328.jpg

A:mem test finding errors outside my memory limit...

Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious

is this normal??? yes or no

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...91129-1328.jpg

Hi S

Not normal but not as bad as i have seen. we could use some comp info.

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/42971-mem-test-finding-errors-outside-my-memory-limit.html
Relevancy 50.31%

What is the best way to test a printers quality.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 and I am trying to test it before and after I do a load of maintinance on it to see if it makes much difference.

Any Help apreciated

thanks Jack-O-Bytes.

A:Solved: Best printer test?

Print a picture that has all the primary colors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-best-printer-test.845738/
Relevancy 50.31%

i own a xerox workcenter 450c, which is an all in one (fax,printer, scanner, etc) My problem is i don't use it as a fax machine so i don't keep it plugged into a phone jack. However, the printer prints a test report each time i turn it on telling me that there is no dial tone--how can i make it so it doesn't do this?

A:Printer Test Reports

Being an ex-salesman at Staples - the Business Depot I would instruct you to call the Xerox. You can also go through the function setup and turn it off in there but I do not recall how. It's been a long time.

Cheers
Macky
-----------------------
"AArgh" - (Ten Thirteen Productions)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-test-reports.32331/
Relevancy 50.31%

My notebook started having problems, showing the sad smiley face saying that the computer ran into a problem and needs to restart. The blue screen showed the following exception: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION The next boot fails with a "Boot Device not Found... Hard Disk (3F0)" black screen. Only after a hard reset the computer is able to boot into windows, only to have the same problem happen again every 15 minutes or so. I ran the UEFI Hard Disk check, which resulted in the following failure ID: 9K58QC-6NW89U-MFPX0K-60R403 Would appreciate your help    

A:Hard drive errors with failed UEFI test

If your notebook is still in warranty, a rep;replacement can be provided free of charge by HP.  Contact HP for warranty service. Don't forget to provide the failure ID. Check your warranty status Here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-drive-errors-with-failed-UEFI-test/td-p/5844730
Relevancy 50.31%

While I'm not getting BSOD's I think that but disks errors Windows good? 8 test Disk the problems I'm having may come under debugging so I'm posting here Please excuse me if there's a more appropriate forum for this Three or four months ago I put together a new system with these specs Intel Core i - Ghz Cpu Asus Sabertooth X Socket Corsair CMT GX M X C Dominator GB Memory Kit OCZ ZX Watt PSU Asus GTX Video Card - GB Western Digital Black Edition Hard Drives Corsair H i Closed Loop CPU Cooler Pioneer DVD Burner Patriot XT GB Flash Drive Installed for ReadyBoost it had been running fine for several months although I noticed that despite being a performance machine Windows Explorer and Explorer type file operations seemed incredibly slow If I switched directories the circle would spin for to seconds before producing a listing or if I deleted a file or directory again it would take far longer that the same operation on any of my Windows machines I have three systems using Asus socket motherboards two of which run Windows Ultimate and one is my server running Server R x I had seen some Windows 8 Disk errors but disks test good? people complaining about slow Explorer slow file operations in Windows on Microsoft's site and in most cases turning off Windows Defender or adjusting what disks and directories are being indexed fixed the problem for them but didn't seem to make any difference in my case So I've been living with this for a couple months and just in the last few days I've seen a big increase in sluggishness and when I'm playing a high def movie from my data drive it would hangup for as long Windows 8 Disk errors but disks test good? as a couple minutes before continuing So I looked in the system log and I'm seeing dozens if not hundreds of disk related errors such as The IO operation at logical block address ae e for Disk was retriedThe IO operation at logical block address bb d for Disk was retriedThe IO operation at logical block address for Disk was retriedA corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume Boot The Master File Table MFT contains a corrupted file record The file reference number is x The name of the file is quot lt unable to determine file name gt quot A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume boot The exact nature of the corruption is unknown The file system structures need to be scanned online I've updated to the latest Intel chipset drivers and the latest Asus bios for the Sabertooth x version In terms of disk testing there's a problem with the latest Seatools bootable CD and I think it has something to do with either the EFI bios or it just doesn't recognize the hard drive controller on this motherboard since it boots but can't find any hard drives I alternately installed Seatools for Windows and so far both hard drives have passed the SMART test and the short test and I'm running the long test on them right now and so far it looks good The long test on disk just finished and it passed One thing that I find odd is that I'm also trying to trouble shoot issues with another system in this thread here New system having assorted BSOD's and I was also seeing disk errors such as this quot The IO operation at logical block address d for Disk was retried quot I would find it hard to believe that both systems have bad hard drives or that the hard drive controller on the motherboard of both is no good given that these systems are totally different one being AMD and using an AMD chipset and the other being Intel and using the x chipset The only thing they really have in common is that they both use Western Digital Black Edition hard drives the AMD uses the TB version and my Intel uses the TB version and that they both run Windows and they both have LogmeIn installed Although I fail to see how logmein could cause any disk errors There actually appears to be some evidence that there is a Windows bug several people have had the same issue which I found in this thread The IO op... Read more

A:Windows 8 Disk errors but disks test good?

I don't see that diagnostics file or the admin events list uploaded.

Does Disk1 contain the volume Boot? If not, then try disconnecting Disk1 to see if that improves things. You also may want to run CHKDSK /R /F on the disk that volume Boot is on.

Have you looked for misbehaving explorer.exe add-ons? Use ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows and disable all non-Microsoft extensions to see if that fixes the problem.
Have you seen if it's a DPC Latency issue (just a guess on my part): How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8) - Sysnative Forums
Have you tried a Process Monitor capture to see what the system is doing when it slows down (these logs are very, very large!): Process Monitor
Another guess is to run DISM (aimed at the "scanned online" portion of the last error message):

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt). Press Enter after each one:

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If the problem is fixable, you can use this command to repair it (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt). Press Enter after typing it:

Code:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

From this article: Repair a Windows Image

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

The actual error that you're seeing says that the operation was retried. With just 3 errors, I'd suspect that there was a subsequent Information event that stated it was tried/retried successfully (but haven't looked at any other systems for this myself). I'd imagine that it would take many, many of these errors in order to see a significant decrease in performance (a freeze) - so I wonder if this is a symptom of the problem, or if it's unrelated?

Booting from disk on a UEFI system is a bit trying at times.
If it's an OEM system that came originally w/Win8, then try disabling Secure Boot and enabling anything like "Legacy boot". I have no experience with loading Win8 on a system with UEFI other than OEM systems.
At work (on BIOS systems) we usually switch from AHCI to SATA/ATA/Legacy/etc in order to run Seatools on systems that don't see the hard drive (I prefer the in Windows test or a test in Windows PE/RE- as I wonder about damage to the boot stuff if I accidentally boot with AHCI not enabled - so I don't use it myself).

Looking at both topics, there's not even a similarity in the storage controllers.
That leaves (as you've stated) - Win8, W-D Black HDD's, and LogMeIn

To rule out LogMeIn - you've gotta uninstall it to see if that fixes things. Use something like TeamViewer temporarily (if needed).
To rule out the HDD's - you'll have to install Win8 on another (non-Black edition) hard drive - preferably a non-Western Digital drive and see if that stops the problems. If using 2 of them, then disconnect the other one while testing.
To rule out Win8 - you'll have to install another OS (?Win7?) and see if that stops the problems.

I lean towards blaming LogMeIn because it's the easiest to test and it has older drivers. These drivers work in the kernel space and can (fairly easily) interfere with other drivers/kernel components.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/29934-windows-8-disk-errors-but-disks-test-good.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an Hp pavilion ze4600 laptop. When the computer starts I get a

"SMART Failure Predicted on hard disk 0: Toshiba MK4025GAS-(PM)"
"1720 At least one driver attribute has exceeded the maufacturers threshold, please run Drive Self Test in ROM setup"

When I run the Drive self test in the BIOS I recieve the Error "07 Fail"

Also, the user said that the computer would easily freeze and she would have to restart it manually with the power switch.

I don't want to buy a new Hard drive if her computer is going to keep freezing. If that is the case it might be time to buy a new laptop. I can't seem to find any results on an "07 fail" error either. I just thought I would post and see what you uys think. Is it worth buying a new HDD or is this laptop almost dead?

Relevancy 50.31%

I replaced a faulty hard drive on a Dell Studio running Windows Vista Professional last week Upon reloading Vista from an OEM disk and reconfiguring all of the drivers the 1737 Errors Test Studio Dell Memory slot fed optical drive failed It wouldn t read any cd or dvd I double checked the drivers that wasn t the issue The drive continually ejected all disks and didn t allow exploration Upon attempting to boot the computer failed multiple times I ran a memory test from the boot menu I have experienced the following error codes from Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors the memory test - and - I also get a xc f In an attempt to trouble Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors shoot the Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors machine and find out if the hard drive was at issue or if it was the optical drive I removed the optical drive Who in the world decided a slot fed optical drive was a good idea that s a bear to remove Anyway I still get the same errors My question is can I run this PC without the optical drive I expected it to boot without issue after the faulty optical drive was not an issue I don t want to put more money in a machine that is going to eat hard drives It is difficult to find a replacement slot fed optical drive and a ridiculous task to replace I planned to run this machine with an external optical drive but I need to get it to boot I m stumped and would love any input offered In advance I will say AVOID ANY DELL WITH A SLOT FED DRIVE It takes hours to dissemble it to even access the drive Drawer fed might look retro but seriously it jumps outta the machine nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1737 Memory Test Errors

If you are getting errors from Memory tests the first thing I would be looking at is the RAM. Faulty RAM can cause no end of apparently random errors which can lead you all over the place trying to find the cause.

If you have 2 or more sticks of RAM take them all out and try running the PC with just 1 stick at a time to see if the fault occurs. If you get the error with one particular stick installed then there is a reasonable chance you have a faulty RAM module, if it happens with all I would double check by doing the same test but put the RAM in a different slot on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-memory-test-errors.909246/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an offiejet 7310. Printed the sample page (gourd in a basket on a tablecloth). Problem is how do you know what it "should" look like? There isn't an example on the screen saying this is what is originally intended. Hard to tell what those pumpkins and squash should look like since they come in many colors and the same with a tablecloth. I tried to find that picture online but good luck with that (unless someone else can post it)

A:printer test page question

I think those test pages are intended to see if you get a full print, if the ink is smeared, are the lines clean, etc.

Even if you found the pic, the color accuracy of your monitor would effect how close of a match you got.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-test-page-question-402997.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I get a printer error that I have two of the same cartridge installed (which I don't). I did the maintenance cleaning. I was able to get it to print for awhile by opening and closing the lid, but now it is not printing. I use Canon cartridges, and several are new cartridges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-printer-ip6700d-printer-errors.1052620/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all,

I have a 'Brother' Printer model HL 2040.
After downloading and installing updated driver, the printer prints the Test page. But upon trying to print a word document or copy of file from quickbooks, the printer sends out empty pages.

I tried this several times but same happens again.

All solutions appreciated.

A:Problem: Printer prints test page but Nothing else

Hi,

When I have installed printers in the past, the printer needs to be disconnected from the USB port until after the installation of the software. If you have not done this then I suggest that you uninstall the drivers and reinstall ( with USB cable disconnected )

Assuming that you have XP - is this the software that you have downloaded?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-printer-prints-test-page-but-nothing-else.514174/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 64 BITS and everytime that I turn on my printer (HP PSC1500 SERIES) a TEST PAGE IS PRINTED. This is turning annoying and wasting may INK and PAPER. If theres is something that you can help me to stop this, I will really apreciate it!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!

A:Printer prints test page everytime....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&product=1146336&tmp_track_link=ot_search

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-prints-test-page-everytime.1045565/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi!
I have an HP Deskjet 940C printer. It only prints color when I print a test page; everything else I try to print is black and white only. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all

I have a HP officejet v45, which has had new hp cartridges installed recently. Alignment page printed and aligned. Colours on tis page where as normal. After this I could only print about 30% of a page going across the page. Tried printing test page which again only printed about 30% of normal. Have uninstalled printed removed drivers and software via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in Control Panel.

Have used both the installation disc and a downloaded set of drivers and software from the HP website to reinastall the drivers to no avail.

I need the printer to print off CV's for an interview for a new job over the next few days.

HELP please........

Tahnks for any help on this matter. I am using XP SP3, recent updated via microsoft website.

Relevancy 49.02%

So my computer has been blue screening for a while it says media test failure check cable when I start it up and it Failure Blue Screen Test message at startup Media Errors, also Blue Screen Errors, Media Test Failure message at startup runs very slow When the computer goes into sleep Blue Screen Errors, Media Test Failure message at startup mode I can not start it up no matter what I press Blue Screen Errors, Media Test Failure message at startup or do The only way to start it up again from sleep mode is to turn it off by holding the power button and then turning it back on the same way Here is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer update realsched exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com pc ZUGO amp form ZGAPHP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Search Toolbar - D -D - -BAB -AB A - C Program Files x Search Toolbar SearchToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Search Toolbar - D -D - -BAB -AB A - C Program Files x Search Toolbar SearchToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellE... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

Which is the recommended location to maintain Product Regression Test Suite ? Would it be QC Test Plan or Test Lab ? (specially for applications that tend to change consistently over time which might require us to update core regression suite as well as functional test cases regularly)  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Product-Regression-Test-Suite-in-QC-Test-Plan-or-Test-Lab/td-p/5818351
Relevancy 49.02%

Which is the recommended location to maintain Product Regression Test Suite ? Would it be QC Test Plan or Test Lab ? (specially for applications that tend to change consistently over time which might require us to update core regression suite as well as functional test cases regularly)  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Product-Regression-Test-Suite-in-QC-Test-Plan-or-Test-Lab/td-p/5818351
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me out with this issue im having with printing redirection. On my workstation computer I have installed an HP printer which works perfectly. Now I wanted to try Remote desktop printing redirection on my windows server 2012r2, it recognizes but when i try to send a print test page it would sent it then immediately vanishes i then tried giving the folder spool full permission which i did.I am completely stumped. I was wondering if someone had this issue or if someone could guide me what im doing wrong

Thank you.

A:printer redirection vanishing print test page

EDIT:
I ended up installing a virtual machine on the server with windows 8.1 the i RDP to the virtual machine and worked flawless no drivers were even needed to install. What i think might be the problem on the windows server is it uses the easy driver first rather then the driver of the device. But it was much easier putting a new virtual machine acting as a print server

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372167-printer-redirection-vanishing-print-test-page.html
Relevancy 49.02%

*Note: I am not sitting at this computer, and can provide only limited information about it, as it is not in my state. I have some info, but not much.
We have a new network printer, an HP LaserJet P4515, which is on our network. We added it today, and installed it via adding a new TCP/IP port, the usual way that we install network printers. It works for three out of four users that we installed the printer with. The fourth user is not able to print the test page, it just says pending, then error- failed to print.
Please advise so these people can finish their daily work.
Thanks,
Nemesis General

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a home network with an XP system with a printer attached and shared. A Windows 7 laptop and my old XP laptop from work can print fine, but a new Windows 8 laptop won't print. Sharing from the XP system works as I can read files from the XP system on the new Win8 system. When I do an Add Printer on the Windows 8 laptop, I can see the network printer and install it and the driver so the printer shows up as installed on the Win8 system. The Print Test Page does not work nor printing from WordPad. I turned off the Firewall on the XP system in case that was the problem. I don't know what else to try.

A:Can add network printer, but Print Test Page does not work

Does the test page dissapear from the print queue as though it has been sent to the printer or does it just sit there waiting?

What port does it show under printer properties?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28473-can-add-network-printer-but-print-test-page-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This old printer worked wonderful I would like to re-install it When I send a test page to it Printer Settings reports One document in Que Status Printing but it doesn't print I have connected the printer with a Printer 3000CN not model page print CL Dell test will parallel cable and in the printer window it said Ready Standby I download driver R and unpacked it to C Program Files Dell Win PCL English dixblzi and clicked Open It said Installation completed successfully I went to Devices and Printer clicked on Dell CL Printer model 3000CN will not print test page Add a Printer selected Add a Local printer use Existing LPT Dell Laser Printer cn PCL have Disk and then I browsed to where I unpacked the driver The installation Completed successfully Why can't I print a test page I shut off the printer I ran Problem Solver It cleared Que I tried to print a test page again and it sent the Test page to the printer but it still didn't print I unplugged the printer rebooted the system plugged it in and tried to send Dell CL Printer model 3000CN will not print test page a test page again It still didn't print How can it be that Windows sees the printer the printer reports everything is Ready and yet Dell CL Printer model 3000CN will not print test page it doesn't print I believe the printer is in working order but something is wrong with the communications Can someone help me

A:Dell CL Printer model 3000CN will not print test page

Try to print form an application, like Word. If it doesn't work please post with detailed explanation of what didn't work, for example Printer not listed in available printers, File sent to printer but operation doesn't complete, a specific error message....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331148-dell-cl-printer-model-3000cn-will-not-print-test-page.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I keep getting a "bad image" message up. Usually it disappears after I click "OK", and I can continue. Now, however, it's preventing me from printing any documents.Can I get rid of this ?

A:bad image errors prevents me from printing

Forgot these. IObitUninstaller should find them.AVG 2012 (Version: 12.0.1901 - AVG Technologies) HiddenAVG 2012 (Version: 12.0.1913 - AVG Technologies) HiddenAVG 2012 (Version: 12.0.2176 - AVG Technologies) HiddenAVG 2012 (Version: 12.0.2178 - AVG Technologies) HiddenAVG 2012 (Version: 12.0.2197 - AVG Technologies) HiddenAVG 2012 (Version: 12.0.2221 - AVG Technologies) HiddenIf not, try your CCleaner registry cleaner.http://i.imgur.com/SqKUAws.gif

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/bad-image-errors-prevents-me-from-printing/39732.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I am new to this site. I am currently struggling to create a tutorial on determining, and resolving printer errors. The goal is to make it specific enough to target a certain audience; however, it is not meant to meet everyones needs. I am thinking I will do an inkjet printer since it seems more common, but I do not own a printer. Nor do I have any experience with printers or printing errors. The tutorial needs to be at least 12 powerpoint slides long. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to finish this project ASAP. Regards,Batgirl

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158879.0.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Here's one happy bunny. Followed previous threads on this issue down to an email to Bob Headrick (MS MVP Printing/Imaging), who now informs us that the relevant HP CP1700 driver patch and installation instructions are now available to us all for download direct from

Vista Patch for cp1700 Printer - Fixes Duplex and Large Format Printing - Printer, All-in-One Software and drivers - HP Support Forum&

HTML Code:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Software&thread.id=2916&

And it worked ~ at least it did for me!

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/252351-hp-cp1700d-printing-errors-v64-solved.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This is the error I am getting. Win XP and Brother HL-5240. All drivers are updated and latest version of Adobe. Can't find ANY answers online. I am on a work computer so uninstalling and reinstalling is not an option. Thanks in advance!

ERROR: ioerror
OFFENDING COMMAND: flushfile

STACK:

-filestream-
[-filestream- -filestream- ]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309632/adobe-pdf-printing-errors-ioerror/
Relevancy 48.16%

Have you had problems trying to disable your sound when printing on a Dell printer I recently installed Windows and have a Dell printer not sure if this happens with other printers and every time I go to print it says quot printer Printing" Dell "Done 7: Disabling "Now and Printing" sound for Windows Now Printing quot and at the end it says quot Done Printing quot I found this quite aggravating I did find a page on this website that had corrections for Vista but not Windows and the steps are a little different After trying to go into CONTROL Windows 7: Disabling printer sound "Now Printing" and "Done Printing" for Dell PANEL and SOUNDS I found that readjusting these settings did absolutely NOTHING to get rid of these announcements After some more Windows 7: Disabling printer sound "Now Printing" and "Done Printing" for Dell of my own trouble-shooting I figured out how to get rid of these announcements for a DELL printer Click on the Windows icon Windows 7: Disabling printer sound "Now Printing" and "Done Printing" for Dell on the bottom left of your screen and scroll up to DEVICES AND PRINTERS and click on it Left click on your selected printer will have green check mark and scroll to PRINTING PREFERENCES and click on it A box will pop up In the upper right hand corner click on OPTIONS and scroll down to PRINTER STATUS OPTIONS and click on it Another box will pop up Click on the circle to the left of Never Display the Printing Status so that the circle becomes blue Note selecting this option will disable your printing announcements but it will ALSO disable the box that pops up during printing that shows your ink levels and percentage of printing completed If you want to continue to see this printing status box you will have to deal with the announcements as well Hope this was helpful nbsp

A:Windows 7: Disabling printer sound "Now Printing" and "Done Printing" for Dell

I only use HP printers and have never used Dell printers, so I'm not familiar with those "now printing/done printing" announcements.

I keep my printer set to notify me of the ink levels ONLY when something is printing.

That saves me from having to go into the printer toolbox to manually check the ink levels.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-disabling-printer-sound-now-printing-and-done-printing-for-dell.1106559/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok, I have had nothing but a hard time with my new machine. I cannot get the printer to print. When I run plug-n-play nothing is found. I have reconfigured the lpt ports and still am not able to get it to print. I also have run through all of the ms win xp troubleshooting advise and cannot get it to work. The other day when ever I touched or moved the machine at all it would shutdown and restart. I took the case apart and found to motherboard mounting screws that were not being used were touching the board, I removed them and this issue has stopped. But I am still unable to print. Any advise would be greatly received!!

printerless in PA

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell 3110cn Color Laser Printer and it was working fine. Now, it won't print. I have reinstalled drivers and the like. I believe it is because my 'magenta' cartridge is empty. Anyone know if there is any way to make it print with empty color cartridges, as I only print in black and white anyways.

A:Printer not printing

When you try to print something, what kind of an error does it give you? Just the standard "Put more magenta in the printer" kind of error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-printing.649813/
Relevancy 47.73%

My HP 1610 printer is not primting except if I use the tools on the printer itself. Please help me because I'm a college student and I need to get work done.

Thanks

A:HP Printer not printing

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

Go there look for a new driver for your printer

see if that sorts your problem
joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-not-printing.518199/
Relevancy 47.73%

At home we have VPN while printer on Printing to LAN a desktop PC with a couple of printers attached connected to the broadband router When I m working at home I can use my laptop to connect to the wireless router and print to either of the printers unless I connect remotely to my office VPN OK I know the office network admin would have to allow split tunneling to let me access the local resources and I know about the security implications of that but how about this If before I connect to the VPN I open the print spooler Printing to LAN printer while on VPN dialog box for ither printer and keep it open and then connect to the VPN the route to the local printers stays open and I can print to them What s going on there Sometimes OK often I might forget to open the spooler before connecting then once I m ready to print my data its too late to disconnect from the VPN without having to re-run the report Very frustrating If I can force the route to the local printers to stay open when I connect to the VPN shouldn t I be able to open ip the route to them if I m already connected Is there any way I can inspect what s going on with the routing in this setup I m not a technical person though I m just about smart enough to have worked out how to set up my local network without help Any suggestions as to what I could try would be gratefully accepted Thanks Yorkie nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

In my system Windows XP and HP deskjet 610C is installed. When i try to take a print then command goes but nothing happened in the printer. I tried by removing the LPT1 port and installed again, i tried removing the printer and again Add printer in the control Panel, but nothings happen. When i press a resume button on the printer for 2 sec then it print the test page. But through computer nothing happen. Please help...No virus in my system i already check with Norton Antivirus 2003 latest definations.

A:Printer not doing the printing

Have you run through this? http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/docume...XGRMENZQ?reg=nam&cc=us&docName=bpd09005&lc=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-doing-the-printing.140669/
Relevancy 47.73%

Lexmark 7300 all in one printer. Sony desktop computer P4 3.0mhz windows xp home. Printer works hooked up to laptop xp but wont work on desktop. go to print test page, sends info to printer( icon in systray ) icon dissapears nothing printed. I know its not the printer because it works on the laptop. Tried redownloading the software still not working.

USB printers sometimes get lost whem they are unplugged and then replugged. On the desktop PC look in Properties for the printer and under Ports check to see if it shows multiple Ports for the same printer (like USB001, USB002, USB003, etc). Uncheck the one that is currently checked and try one of the others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-printing.666245/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Can Printer, printing not everything anyone help me please I tried to print a document and everything seemed Ok the printer started up and the paper went in but when the paper came out there was nothing on it I tried to print a test page and that worked I tried my document again but still nothing I uninstalled my printer and reinstalled it I tried the test page again and it Printer, not printing everything worked I tried the document again but still nothing I have checked my ink cartridges I have cleaned them but still my document will not print I tried renaming it but still Printer, not printing everything nothing I tried to print from the internet and some parts of the document printed the Printer, not printing everything ones that were highlighted but the main document did not I got the same result when I printed a different document some parts printed and some did not If anyone can help me I would be very grateful as I use my printer all the time and need to print Thank you Dawn nbsp

A:Printer, not printing everything

make and model of printer

check for the latest drivers and software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-printing-everything.1096474/
Relevancy 47.73%

monsieurs et madames

I have a printer which ive used for a couple years now (epson workforce 610) and suddenly it stopped printing...

whenever i tell it to print something it gives me the screen in the bottom right witht he printer the printing bar etc, but the bar never moves, the printer never makes a sound, and eventually i get an error message saying the document failed to print. nothing else..

i dont think its driver related, since i doubt the printer magically updated, and it connected to the wireless network bc i can "use" it on another computer. however the other computer has the same issue with documents failing to print.

any ideas, thoughts, or solutions would be greatly appreciated - iap

A:Printer not printing =(

if it has conked out, you might as well buy a new one. printers are dirt cheap.... I really don't know anyone who actually repairs them.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-not-printing.175444/
Relevancy 47.73%

Help!! My printer will not print anything off of the internet, It print's fine in a print test, and will print from word, (havent tryed printing any pic) but when i try to print anything from on line all I get is Error: Permission Denied
I have uninstalled and Reinstalled my Drive 3 times!! nothing, than I changed my spool seting ( didnt even know i HAD a spool setting) still nothing?? can you help? i just KNOW it is something that is not clicked or something that is clicked * sigh* i just have no idea what that is??

Relevancy 47.73%

HI again. I have an HP LaserJet1320 and all of sudden it stopped printing. I tried doing a test print and it printed out a test page but when i try to print a document or a file it won't print. I think I messed up with the port settings. Please help me configure it back. I remember it being on LPT1 but I also saw another that's called DOT. Need help ASAP. Need to print out a lot of reports.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-printing.935978/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me! I've been working all day on this...

I needed to re-install the driver for my printer. I did that, everything seems to be up and running. Everything was connected (wifi printer). I hit print and the printer made all the correct "printing" sounds and spit out the paper as usual, but nothing had printed on the page at all. I tried several times. Blank white paper.

Anyone have a clue what is happening?

Thanks,

M.

Edit: the printer is a Brother MFC-J435W

A:Printer seems to be printing, but isn't!

How long has it been since you printed on this last? Sometimes the printer heads on inkjets will dry up, but they can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. Have you also checked to ensure there's ink in the cartridges?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-seems-to-be-printing-but-isnt.1163074/
Relevancy 47.73%

I work in an office with lots of networked computers, printing to one printer. At the moment 1 computer is storing it's print jobs, after it has printed, and reprints when the computer is started again each day. Have gone into Printers & Faxes and deleted the print job, but it appears again the next day. I keep deleting the job each morning, as it is still there each day. What do I do next???

A:Printer keeps printing!!

In Printers and Faxes right click on the printer and select 'Properties.' On the Advanced tab unselect 'Keep printed documents.'

This would be too easy, so it is probably not the problem/solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-keeps-printing.701549/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I have two printers, one I used for general purposes and the other is for printing pictures. I want to switch back to the Brother MC-8220, as the picture are done, but I can't get it to print. Do I have to disconnect the HP Deskjet 3522 to get the Brother to print? I try not to change to much on my computer because I don't know how, I had this problem (of the Brother not printing) and had called someone to come and fix it and he charged me $50.00 to set it as the default printer, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Both printers should be useable at any time.

When you click print, you should get a Windows print box appear, you simply select whichever printer you want to use and click "ok".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-printing.1107951/
Relevancy 47.73%

hello, can anyone help with this problem i have please. i have an hp 1100 all-in-one and it was working well till now, it wont print my documents anymore, i did a test with an e-mail and after 4 minutes it printed it, do i need to re-install the driver again? thanks joe h

Relevancy 47.73%

My printer HP Deskjet 610 not give the printout if i give the command from computer (Win XP ) but when i press a button on the printer then give the test page. My printer cable and logic card is OK becasue i already test at my friend place. My printer have a serial port. Anyone tell me whats the problem and tell me the Bios Settings (Award Bios 4.51PG ) which is need to be enable for successful printing. May be something worng there. In bios i enable the parallel port .If i remove the port from Device Manager after restart it finds the port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-not-doing-the-printing.154449/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to print. The device can be seen on the computer as installed, but the printing job is not coming out.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d723783-5b8a-4816-ac18-2cc486af1ee9/printer-not-printing?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 47.73%

My Epson C43 printer was not printing, and the red LED light stays on (not blinking) i don't know what to do, I already remove the cartridge to check , and there's a dialog box appearing and saying that "Black Ink not installed correctly"..How can I fix it on my own, thank you

A:C43 printer not printing

Hi
Follow these steps
Right-click My Computer --> Properties --> click hardware tab --> click device manager --> click on Ports --> double click on printer port.

Now check to see if the status window says it's working probably. You can click on the driver tab to update the driver.

Secondly, it could be a hardware problem. Did you replace the ink with a new Brother cartridge or a refilled one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c43-printer-not-printing.944362/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all

I'm unable to print on my Xerox WorkCentre? PE220. Win 8 installed the driver properly and did not show any errors or red flags during and after the installation. When I print a window shows up saying error cannot print.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

WG

Try this.
In Metro screen, right-click lower left corner and click All Apps.
Click Control Panel; under Hardware, view devices & printers.
Select your printer by a single left-click. In the thin upper ribbon, look for Remove Device & remove your printer. Back out to Metro.

Unplug the usb cable; turn the printer on.
Click the Desktop tile, fire up IE10, go to Xerox support and download the latest W7 drivers (if no W7, get Vista).
Click the Windows Explorer icon & navigate to "Downloads" under your name.
Right-click the driver file and extract to the downloads folder. Go into that folder, find setup.exe - DO NOT EXECUTE YET.
Right-click setup - Properties- Compatibility - choose W7 (or Vista).
Near the bottom, Run as administrator - Apply - OK out to the folder.

Now execute setup. It should prompt you when to turn on the printer (just plug the usb back in).

Good luck! And always try a test page.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4807-printer-not-printing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a HP deskjet printer that has been working properly with windows 8. In the past few days when I try to print from email, or from a website I get a blank page. When I look at control panel the printer is shown as default but nothing prints..I am confused because it has been working for months. It appears the printer is installed properly, but the info is not transferring to the printer..A blank page with page 1 printed on the top is the only thing that prints. HELP....

A:printer not printing

first check the catridges whether there is ink. If not solved , uninstall all the drivers then reinstall .Restart the computer and printer. Hope works...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24749-printer-not-printing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hey people,dunno what the answer to this could be but...recently my mums printer randomly prints copys of random things.like tonite for example she had about a 25 page document on the cleanliness of hospitals,how to dipose of human waste and bizarely a lot of pages about pregnancy and abortion??!!i thought it may be our neighbours using the wireless facility in place on my mums pc,but the wireless router is not used as a WIRELESS router just a router that has leads going from her room to mine and 1 to my brothers room.could someone else mistakeingly send documents to my mums pc via the router and have it print all this stuff?or could it be spyware of some type and how would i work that out and solve it?thanks for your much appreciated help again-max

A:printer is printing.......

one way to ensure no one else is accessing the wireless features on your router is to turn off the wireless port onthe router. Perhaps if you could include the make and model wirless router it would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-is-printing.603209/