Windows Support Forum

Changing IP address

Q: Changing IP address

Brighthouse "insists" there is no way to change IP address! lol
There must be!! I go to "start" , Run....."command"
Type in "IPCONFIG/ALL
Brighthouse tells me, you have to wait 24 hrs until "lease expires".
Anyone know of a way to change IP on the fly??
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Changing IP address

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Changing IP address

turn the modem off and on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-address.158964/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have AOL Address Bar Keeps Page Address Changing to Error Desktop Software with it's own Browser as I don't use my Internet Explorer The problem is that my AOL Browser Address Bar keeps Changing on some websites from the correct address to an Error Message Page displaying the following info The web address you entered could not be found more information The error could be the result of a variety of things from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested web address Check the web address for typing errors or check your internet connection to ensure other web addresses are accessible You were trying to go to https fls doubleclick net activit The correct address I was going to is http www haband com home jspsrc code msn amp cid ps hb yahoobing br haband amp creative amp device c amp matchtype e url Without the url of course The address it changes to is https fls doubleclick net activityi src type undefined could not be found and gives the described error message info I always type the right address in so I really don't know how this happend I just want it resolved

A:Address Bar Keeps Changing Address to Error Page

after restarting the browser and having recurrent changes, try running a scan with adwcleaner. download it from this site;
AdwCleaner Download

run it and see the Scan button to search your computer for unwanted Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. the program will need a restart after hitting the clean button.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/address-bar-keeps-changing-address-to-error-page-1111529.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm thinking about changing my IP address. I heard that you can change your IP address if you change your MAC address, and that you can change your MAC address using various software.

Firstly, is it even safe to change your MAC address?

My PC connects to the Web via a router. When I check my IP address on one of the many Web sites that provide such a service, it shows my router's IP address, which is static. When I disconnect the router, connect to the Web without it, and check my IP address again, it shows my PC's IP address, which is dynamic.

If I were to change my MAC address, will it change my PC's IP address or my router's IP address?

A:Does Changing Your MAC Address Change Your IP Address?

This is not going to do anything for you. If your ISP assigns you a STATIC ip address and you want it changed you need to contact your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-changing-your-mac-address-change-your-ip-address.918792/
Relevancy 49.88%

Basically I got banned from a forum because my account got hacked and someone posted a lot of rude things on forums, getting me banned. I tried to explain that I was hacked, but they didn't believe me. I also tried making another account, but they were able to tell it was from my computer, and banned that one too. So I was wondering if I could change my IP address and fix this. I have two other computers (one laptop and one desktop) that are on the wireless network sent out by my router, so how would this affect them? Thank you very much and if this is in the wrong section then I apologize as this one seemed the most logical to me.

A:Would changing my IP address fix this?

Hi and welcome to TSF we could not help you with this as it would amount to ilegal activity and is against forum rules
ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

Users may not post hacks, cracks, or give instruction how to pirate any type of software, or anything similar, in any forum of TSF. We do not condone, support or give instruction on any illegal activity pertaining to computer systems, computer hardware, computer software programs or computer related activities. Included in this group of activities are requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/would-changing-my-ip-address-fix-this-487226.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to change my IP address at will free and easy. Can someone help me with this. I have used programs such as hide my IP and net conceal BUT they slow my computer to slower than dial up. Hide my ip works at times but never smoothly. I want to be able to change IP easily and fast. I am not a real techie so telling me to proxy I wont full understand. I would like a program or trick on how to do this easily. I would like to have the ability to change my IP every 5 minutes if I want. Can someone PLEASE help me!!

Thank You,KENNY

Relevancy 49.88%

Ok here is the situation. We have 3 computers in the house with comcast internet. One has the modem the other two have the routers I guess( the ones that plug into your USB and get the signal)

So what im trying to do is get a new Ip address, ive tried many different ways but every time I go check whatismyip.com its still the same.

So far I have tried unplugging the modem for 3 hours ( this has worked in the past )

Using the CMD to disconnect and renew and going to properties and trying to change it manually then going back to get IP address automatically

And then I tried changing the mac address but no luck I couldnt change it.
I tried all these on my computer then I though id try it on the computer with the modem but still no luck.
Please help me.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I only noticed it because I recently joined another forum In that board it has an optional security feature to check the IP address of the computer using that username So if anyone else gets hold of your password they can tell as it would be show up as being logged on as a different IP i tried to explain that the best I could Hope you Ip Changing Address understood me Anyway I got a message saying that someone had logged in with a different IP address Thinking someone had just got my password somehow I changed it and had a look on a website to check my ip address I was just on the forum again a little while ago when I noticed the Mbps count in the bottom right hand Changing Ip Address corner of my computer dropped quite low A logged out and in again and there it was Someone had logged in with a different IP address and it was me Why is my IP address changing Also why does the Mbps count drop now and then Ive been running scans the last few days panda symantec avg etc but nothings showing up Which is also starting to worry me abit as for a few months now i have had NOTHING show on scans No spyware cookies or anything I know I should be happy about that but surely I would have picked something up by now begins the paranoia

A:Changing Ip Address

I want to clarify something: Does the IP address change while you are still connected to the internet, or does it change if you disconnect from the internet then reconnect?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125925/changing-ip-address/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a rather odd problem.

Every few dats (it varies a lot), I can;t load any web pages. Thanks to a tip from Internet Explorer I identified that the problem was an invalid DNS server address. It keeps changing from "automatic" (IPV4 properties) to 10.4.0.1 Which does not work.

Now I had a browser infection which was intercepting searches and injecting adverts. Malwarebytes got rid of it, and this is happening without any sign of the search being interfered with any more.

But I am wondering if it did some damage that was not cleaned up. Is it possible to reset all aspects of my internet connection? Or perhaps someone can recommend an alternate malware program that might clear up any nasty debris.

Thanks,
Nick

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393732-dns-address-keeps-changing-10-4-0-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to add a second computer with wireless internet access (Road Runner).
One of the problems seems to be that the IP address needed is being used (192.168.0.1).
I believe there is a place to make the IP address of the wireless router dynamic, but I just can't find it.
Help please

Relevancy 49.88%

hi everybody i just wanna ask help in how to change my ip adrees to US ip address its because i found a survey site thats not available for my county but only at US!!! btw im from philippines!! and btw will this work?>?/ thx!!

A:Changing Ip Address

It's not possible for you to change your Internet IP to a US IP, because your Internet IP is provided by your ISP in your country this being the Philippines, so whatever site you connect to your ISP will be able to track your activity as well as websites logging data on how many people are visiting the site from certain countries.
So lt looks like you can't do the survey thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-address.102514/
Relevancy 49.88%

What is the safest was to permanently change my MAC address? I have an onboard Ethernet card, and I don't know if it is possible.

A:Changing MAC Address

Take a look HERE and see if it helps. Scroll down to the Windows part.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-mac-address.75571/
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone know how to make the IP address static on a PS II ? Do I need the CD the NIC card came with ?

I tried started the PS II with no game in it. Went though ALL the options and it doesn't give me any option to make it static... anywhere. Am I crazy ? Does anyone knows the steps to do this ? The reason I have to do this is because I want to connect my PS II to a DLINK router and they said I have to make the IP ADDRESS static on the PS II to work.
Thanks for your time...

Relevancy 49.88%

My IP Address keeps renewing and dropping my satellite feed on a regular basis We can not figure out why. I have connected to another computer and can not duplicate the problem So it is not my satellite feed. The LAN is set to tcp/ip  and to obtain ip address automatically. We have tried disabling and enabling the connection but as soon as you go to download anything it starts the process of dropping and getting a new address and then reconnecting Takes about 5 secs but this stops remote access, book downloads etc... Anybody have any ideas? 

Relevancy 49.88%

I currently have FIOS and I want to change my IP address or at least find a decent proxy server. Whenever I use a proxy server, I can't post on message boards for some reason. Is it possible to find a proxy that can post on message boards or is there a way I can change my FIOS IP address temporarily/permanent. I have the FIOS MI424WR router . http://www22.verizon.com/smallbusiness/help/fiosinternet/?case=c12970

Relevancy 49.88%

I've read some tutorials on changing the MAC address in Win 7. Most say control panel-device manager-network adapter-network address?-?? the value is blank so what am I changing?
And which adapter do I want to change the value for anyway?
This is Win 7 Starter.

A:Changing MAC address

http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-mac

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448760/changing-mac-address/
Relevancy 49.88%

I would like to know how to change the IP address for my computer. I have a laptop with Windows Vista and I have a desktop with Windows XP. Would changing the address effect my wireless networking with my wireless router? Thanks!

A:Changing an IP address

It would seem likely that the wireless router would have a dynamic address that is the only one seen on the net. The router has probably established static addresses for the computers and devices on its system. Is there a reason to change your IP address?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361807/changing-an-ip-address/
Relevancy 49.88%

My virus pill Trendmicro internet intermittently is not showing up I have to turn it off then turn it on I spoke with TM and they have suggested just unloading and reloading software I do not want to do this as my changing Something is ip address I think there is a deeper issue Then I noticed that my firewall started changing the ip address to something that I checked on quot my ip address quot to figure out who what where etc and this address couldn t tell Something is changing my ip address me anything My system is running strange I can hear additional clicking noise through my speakers So I ran Hyjackthis and here is it report SAMPLE REPORT NOT EVERYTHING StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from C Documents and Settings SeekOutHackers Desktop HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v Using default options Including empty and uninteresting sections Showing rarely important sections Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security PCCTool exe C Documents and Settings SeekOutHackers Desktop HijackThis exe C WINDOWS regedit exe -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry key not found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry value not found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry key not found -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Autorun entries from Registry HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunOnce No values found File association entry for EXE HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell open command Default quot quot -------------------------------------------------- File association entry for COM HKEY CLASSES ROOT comfile shell open command Default quot quot -------------------------------------------------- File association entry for BAT HKEY CLASSES ROOT batfile shell open command Default quot quot -------------------------------------------------- File association entry for PIF HKEY CLASSES ROOT piffile shell open command Default quot quot -------------------------------------------------- File association entry for SCR HKEY CLASSES ROOT scrfile shell open command Default quot quot S -------------------------------------------------- File association entry for HTA HKEY CLASSES ROOT htafile shell open command Default C WINDOWS system mshta exe quot quot -------------------------------------------------- File association entry for TXT HKEY CLASSES ROOT txtfile shell open command Default SystemRoot system NOTEPAD EXE -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Active Setup stub paths HKLM Software Microsoft Active Setup Installed Components disabled by HKCU twin lt d ed d- ee - f - - cefb f StubPath C WINDOWS system ieudinit exe gt d f -b f - d - ab- c c e StubPath C WINDOWS inf unregmp exe ShowWMP gt b - d - f- b e-de c StubPath C WINDOWS s... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-is-changing-my-ip-address.684707/
Relevancy 49.88%

ok so i do what people say and go to cmd in run but when i do it, it says this program is already in use. so i cant go in. before this i tried loads of different ways to change my ip address. is there any way to change it? and if i need to, get into cmd??????????? thanks in advance

A:Changing My Ip Address

Your IP is issued by your ISP, so it likely be changed by the ISP. I've heard of many ways of changing the ISP, but none of them work as far as I know. And besides, messing with your network settings can make more problems than it solves.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65822/changing-my-ip-address/
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows XP Home, SP3. Desktop set. Internet connection by Cable Modem.

I have tried :-

cmd>ipconfig/release>enter, which appeared to work.

ipconfig/renew>enter, did not. Error message - cannot connect with DHCP server - timed out.

Result - no change.

Can anybody tell me why this never worked ? Big trouble to achieve IP change is out of the question, not all that important. I am just curious to know why these genuine commands do not work as they are commonly specified on various websites as being the procedure to follow.

A:Changing IP Address

These CMD commands will not change your IP, at least I have never seen them change. Your best bet is if you have a router change your MAC address from your Router MAC Address to your PC MAC Address, so on and so forth. This only works every 24 hours, I usually use this because if I am on my computer MAC Address, my ports for games wont open properly, and on my router my ports seems to mess up and close so I switch my IP constantly, or getting banned from SA:MP Servers for being stupid

But to keep to the point, and tl;dr, ipconfig /release /renew doesnt seem to change your ip, at least to my knowledge.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452119/changing-ip-address/
Relevancy 49.88%

Wasn t sure if this falls under this or Web and E-mail but here goes Windows XP home I m positive I m in the right place- Start gt Control Panel gt Network Connections address? IP Changing gt Wireless Network Connections and clicked on quot change settings of this connection quot then on quot Internet Protocol TCP IP quot and quot properties quot Problem is I don t know what to do from here The new window says under the quot general quot tab quot You can get IP settings assigned automatically if your network supports this capability Otherwise you need to Changing IP address? ask your network administrator for the appropriate IP settings quot Im supposed to put in the new IP address a quot subnet mask quot and quot default gateway quot and also my quot preferred DNS server quot and quot alternate DNS server quot I m really not sure what any of the aforementioned things are save for an IP address -Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to change an IP address on computers that are networked together using a router. My wife and I enjot playing games online against each other, but have recently found on a couple sites that we are not aloud. True poker and party poker are two of the main ones we would like to be able to play together.
Thanks for the time taken to read this
Thanks
Jason

A:Changing IP address

Can you calrify which IP address you want to change?

You have 3,
2 are the IP addresses that the PCs have to communicate with the router (each PC has one).
The third is the one that the router uses to communicate to the internet, this is the only one that internet sites actually see. If you share the router, you can still only have 1 internet IP.
That IP is allocated by your ISP, not by you.

I would guess that you want 1 each so you can play against each other, else those sites only see you as a single PC and you cannot play against "yourself"?

Not possible unless you get a DSL line and a router each as far as I can see.

Someone else may have a thought about one using a proxy server, so wait and see what comes along....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-ip-address.439201/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone,

I've been playing this game which recently blocked IP addresses from Asia, including my country. Is there any way to change my IP address to another country to be able to access the servers again?

Relevancy 49.88%

I can usually change my IP Address by typing "ipconfig/release" into the command prompt, then powering the modem down. But all of a sudden, it tells me that that "operation requires higher elevation". What does that mean, and how do I overcome it?

Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-ip-address-567360.html
Relevancy 49.88%

we all know that we can change the mac address of a wlan on windows XP (permitted by microsoft windows) involving no cracks, or breaking any violation...
however i was surprised that on my Windows Vista the wlan's mac address i can not change my mac address... although i am 95% sure that there's a way... i've tried to change it like we worked it on XP, but the option is just not available... does anyone knows a way to change the mac address of the wlan on Windows Vista Home edition?

A:Changing MAC Address

Why is the question that comes to mind? Trying to do something illegal are we?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-mac-address-260210.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i am in need of changing my IP address to access an online game that has bans for certain countries. i've tried releasing/renewing through command prompt, unplugging router/modem, but when i go to cmyip.com it still shows the same ip address. is there a way i can change it for game use, then change it back in case i dont like the game? i've tried using tor project, which works well for online browsing, but i dont know if it works for gaming as well.

A:changing IP address

sorry, but we cannot help with bypassing country codes. May want to read the rules page, closing ticket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-ip-address.1103078/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was reading in ubuntu userguide the following:
----------------------------------------------
Device MAC addressA MAC address is a code which identifies a piece of network hardware (for example, a wireless card, an Ethernet network card or a router). Every device that you can connect to a network has a unique MAC address which was given to it in the factory.This option can be used to change the MAC address of your network card.
----------------------------------------------------
Does this mean that I can change the mac address of a wireless adapter, as well as (or) the mac address of the built in mac address of the wireless X that is in my computer?

Using Dell INspiron 5050 , ubuntu 12.10

Thanks!
Anthony

Relevancy 49.88%

How do you change your IP? I play diablo 2 and I get realm downs and I have heard that if you change your IP address, they can be cleared up. How can I change it? I dont know if I have a static IP or a dynamic though. How can I find that out also? Any help is appreciated.

You cannot, it is assigned by your ISP. Change ISP's and it will change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-ip-address.354084/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys i have a problem here im trying to host some gaming servers but my ip keeps on changing. Can you help me to make it stop changing ? Im using a WRT54GL linksys router.

A:My Ip Address Keeps On Changing!! Help

If it is an internal IP generated by the router you can usually set the router to always assign the same IP based on the hardware address (MAC Address), which would then allow you to serve on your local network.

Check you router manual / help for reserved addresses or similar

If you need to fix your external IP that is supplied by your ISP to serve to users on the internet then you will have to talk to your ISP about changing to a fixed IP, which they will normally do for an extra charge - you will also need to forward any required ports in your router - Again check the manual for particular instructions for your router

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121761-my-ip-address-keeps-changing-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows XP
Microsoft Router
Cable Internet

How do i change my ip address? it changes from time to time but i dont want to wait that long. the reason i am asking is because my brother got himself banned from a forum that both of us visit, and they banned our ip.
anyone know?

Relevancy 49.88%

Well the reason why is because i share (well used to share) internet with my neighbors ever since they got me banned on stickam (ip banned). I go to stickam to hangout and meet people on the internet for fun. And there was a feature called "Shuffle", where you randomly meet someone who is using that feature. And one day, i told my neighbor about it and he tried it out and then he did something with that feature to get my ip banned from the site. Whatever he did got my ip banned from using that feature from stickam. So i thought i ask you guys if you know how to change ip address/isp ip address. I did some google search but i don't trust them since most of them was about windows xp and that. Plus, i know people on this forums are very well smart. =D
Thanks in advance.

A:Changing my ISP IP Address?

You can use a proxy server. This is using another computer to access the internet, essentially hideing your own credentialas with those of the proxy. Howver, be very careful using a proxy, many are unsafe.

Some internet services allow you to change your IP. It is fairly likely that you may be able to change your ip simply by pretty a button in your router configuration and/or giving your internet providor a call.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77435-changing-my-isp-ip-address.html
Relevancy 49.88%

how to change ip address in winxp sp2

A:changing ip address

command prompt and run this command. (See notes)

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx sss.sss.sss.sss ggg.ggg.ggg.ggg 1

notes:
"Local Area Connection" = name of the network connection (look in network properties)
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = IP address that you want to change to.
sss.sss.sss.sss = subnet mask
ggg.ggg.ggg.ggg = gateway address

** Don't forget number 1 at the end.

So if you want to change your Ip to 192.168.1.50 and gateway is 192.168.1.2 then the command would be like this

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.50 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.2 1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-ip-address-282518.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi. I have windows 8 and I am trying to change my IP address but having much trouble. When I try to do it through command promt it say "IPconfig /release keeps saying I need elevation
". wtf. Help please.

A:Changing IP address

Oh and it says this too """'No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected.'"""" Help pleaee.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53076-changing-ip-address.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using Windows Vista Business. I am trying to change the IP address of my wireless connection. But, everytime I clicked the OK button, the following message appears:

"the adapter requires at least one IP address".

So, sometimes I try to use "Obtain an IP address automatically" first then click OK. After that, I change to use the static IP again. But, the subnet mask I have typed always changed to 255.0.0.0 whereas the correct one is 255.255.255.0. And when I change the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 again, the above message appears again.

So, basically I face two problems:
1. I cannot change the IP address (the above message keep coming)
2. The subnet mask always change automatically to 255.0.0.0 (my IP address is 192.168.0.17).

Thanks for your help. Sorry for my poor English.

Hi, you cannot, you do not have a static IP address if you did then you would know, so leave the IP address automatic. What problems are you having?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-ip-address-340387.html
Relevancy 49.88%

how do i change my mac address. i have windows 7 with a 32 bit op system.

A:changing mac address?

Hello Denis,

What MAC address are you trying to change? The answer is highly unlikely, unless you are some genius with more skill than most.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49852-changing-mac-address.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I want to change my internett IP address, so that i can play AoE with my brother at home. As i have understood the internett IP address can not be the same on both computers if we want to play through a LAN connection using hamachi.

I would appreciate any help

Relevancy 49.02%

This may be a stupid question, but when I type the ip address 192.168.000.104 in to IE, it changes it to 192.168.0.104. How can I stop this?

A:IE changing typed ip address

thats OK - it just removes the zeros - the number is still the same

why are you typing that IP address ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-changing-typed-ip-address-666335.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to configure a router with a satellite connection. I am following a HughesNet guidline. At step four after typing in the required IP address ,nothing happens.There is no place to type user name and password. HELP

A:Changing IP address on router

Hello Committee1 and welcome to the forum,

It sounds as though the IP address of your router may be different from the netgear instructions they gave you.(http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/4933.aspx) correct me if that is the wrong article.

It would be helpful to list the brand and model of your router.

If you were using a Linksys router, the IP address would be 192.168.1.1. The linksys username field is usually blank and the password is: admin.

Let us know if this gets you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-ip-address-on-router.1048629/
Relevancy 49.02%

i have recently acquired a computer from a friend and want to change or erase all of the internet address history. can i change these addresses to customize to my own taste?

A:changing address history

For XP you can edit them here; hkey currentusers - software - microsoft - internet explorer - typed urls

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-address-history.321864/
Relevancy 49.02%

Im trying to change my IP because I got banned from my friends TS server and I want to get back in lolI m not realyl sure whihc section to put this in but I decided on here because it involves the program macMakeupBut anyways I found this guide http www d scene com forum wow-private-s ast-ip-ban htmlI tried the thing with the router and it didn t work So I tried the nd step with MacMakeup and I cannot get that Address Makeup And Changing Mac Ip to work either When I select my network card there is no MAC address but I hit generate random and then I change it then my internet connection is lost and I Mac Makeup And Changing Ip Address power cycle my modem and router and then my internet connection still doesn t work So I have to click remove the MAC address and my connection is restored with the same IP I m assuming Mac Makeup is not working because no MAC address shows up before I generate one does this mean my IP is dynamic and Mac Makeup And Changing Ip Address not static Anyone can help me change my IP address Thanks

A:Mac Makeup And Changing Ip Address

Sounds to me like you are trying to circumvent business security.Per the BleepingComputer's Message Board Rules:No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.This topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139577/mac-makeup-and-changing-ip-address/
Relevancy 49.02%

Thank you for your help My DNS server address keeps changing on it s own I tried running the GMER but it had an error and shut down I tried running again and my computer shut down to the blue screen with the following error STOP x e xc x ef xa ebaf x AVG is reporting an error upon startup changing Server keeps DNS address C WINDOWS System kdwos exeand the AVG scan is listing warnings quot C Documents and Settings np Local Settings Temp Temporary Internet Files Content IE BWPMF quot quot The file could not be scanned probably due to an invalid file structure address a quot quot Object is white-listed critical system file that should not be removed quot quot C Documents and Settings np Local Settings Temp Temporary Internet Files Content IE BWPMF quot quot The file could not be scanned probably due to an invalid file structure address a DNS Server address keeps changing quot quot Object is white-listed critical system file that should not be removed quot The DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchC WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT IAMAPP EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall NISUM EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymPxSvc exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall NISSERV EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings User Desktop dds scrC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www dell me com mywayuDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com mywayuSearch Bar hxxp bfc myway com search de srchlft htmlmDefault Search URL hxxp www google com iemStart Page hxxp www dell me com mywaymSearch Bar hxxp windiwsfsearch com ie htmlmSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp windiwsfsearch com search q searchTerms uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com mywaymSearchURL hxxp windiwsfsearch commSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuURLSearchHooks AOLSearchHook Class eb ea-e be- cfd- f f-c a c eafa - c program files aim search AOLSearch dlluURLSearchHooks H - No FilemWinlogon System kdwos exeBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO -c c - cd- cea-bb fcc - c windows system iiFUMghI dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO B C - C- AA- F D- B EA - No FileBHO AVG Safe Se... Read more

A:DNS Server address keeps changing

Hello delllaptop2200, Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix: Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4 Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how. Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator) A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply2.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. **Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help youshould your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.Things to include in your next reply::Combofix.txtThe Attach.txt that was made when DDS was run.How is your machine running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346424/dns-server-address-keeps-changing/
Relevancy 49.02%

Dear All,
Can someone please tell me how I can change my address to Yahoo Mail? I have been getting so much SPAM that it is terrible.
Thanks so much
Kisota

Relevancy 49.02%

Netgear DG834 allocates IP Addresses using DHCP to 5 computers and 2 tills, the tills addresses and one computer IP addreess are reserved and fixed, so that data can be downloaded from the tills to this computer. However I had to re-format the computer and the Router now allocates a new IP address to it, which the tills cannot recognise, so I cannot download the data from the tills to the computer. Is it possible to change the newly allocated Computer IP address in the Router back to the old one.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have just cahnged my email address with gmail and now I want to change my igoogle email to the new one I have searched and can't figure out how to do this.

gramlin

A:changing email address

Did you login to igoogle with your new email address, and password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/changing-email-address-493401.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I got rid of the quot netvision quot along with the quot Passepartout quot by deleting after the HJT scan I can't seem to access the internet because the address shifts to http localhost proxy pac after I have fixed it to http www sun ac za sunproxy pac Sometimes the server changes in the Changing Address Server Keeps moment that I am logging on as an internet student user it then comes back but goes missing again I have Ad Adware Se MaCafee but I uninstalled Spybot as it could not find the problem What can I do with this ThanksLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINNT system cisvc exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Server Address Keeps Changing Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC Server Address Keeps Changing Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC WINNT regedit exeC Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC WINNT system Macromed shockwave Remote exeC Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Inetkey INETKEY EXEC WINNT system cidaemon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Microsoft Server Address Keeps Changing Office Office WINWORD EXEC PROGRA WinZip winzip exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sun ac za R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mymaties comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pacO - Hosts auto search msn com NETVISIONO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Google Web Accelerator Helper - A B D-DE - - - BA C C - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Protection Bar - a f - d - a - b - a - C Program Files IntCodec iesplugin dll file missing O - Toolbar Google Web Accelerator - DB BFA -A E - E- E A-C D CBF - C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccToolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Blubster C Program Files Blubster Blubster exe SILENTO - HKLM Run FASTTRACKPassepartout C WINNT Passepartout exe -AO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Assoc... Read more

A:Server Address Keeps Changing

Hi TruemanCapote and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I will be helping you, under the supervision of one of our expert coaches.

Please give me a little time to analyze your log and get back to you with instructions.

Thanks for your patience --

Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69055/server-address-keeps-changing/
Relevancy 49.02%

The network dns address keeps changing and this keeps me from logging on to the internet. i change it but comes back to the same address. i had a 32w.sillydc but norton caught it. what do i need to remove this get back on with desktop. wirless works on my laptop.

A:my dns server address keeps changing

I also want to add when spybot is run it comes up with ZLOB.DNSCANGER.RTK over and over. The dns address changes to 85 255 112 157 everytime.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177213/my-dns-server-address-keeps-changing/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am wondering if there is a way to condense the address bar in IE9? It's two rows by defualt. I'd prefer it to be one. Any thought's?

A:changing the size of the address bar in IE9?

It would make sense that I could put the home icon, the settings and the favorites icon to the left of the minimize button, instead of below it. Then I could just move the address bar "up" a row. Thus taking up less space on the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/112348-changing-size-address-bar-ie9.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I decided to change my email address but now I cannot access my TalkTalk account... I tried putting in the "old" one as well as the new one but it won't go.
What should I do please?

A:Changing email address!?

is this to log into the web site account or is it the login for the router ?

when you changed emails - did you inform talktalk and ask them to change your email details ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/changing-email-address-726713.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there,

I m a new windows 7 user. I have got a windows 7 professional edition. I have updated my pc from win XP. But i m confused how can i change the mac address of my wireless lan. It's vendor is Broadcom and drivers are installed automatically by windows 7. Previous version of windows i was able to change the mac address and i had to do it because at my school's hotspot i have registered my Ipod's mac address so in case i take my laptop in school i have to change my laptop's mac to the ipod's. It was easy in windows xp. But in windows 7 it seems to be a problem. Any solution guyz ??

A:Changing MAC address in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by hellbound1988

Hi there,

I m a new windows 7 user. I have got a windows 7 professional edition. I have updated my pc from win XP. But i m confused how can i change the mac address of my wireless lan. It's vendor is Broadcom and drivers are installed automatically by windows 7. Previous version of windows i was able to change the mac address and i had to do it because at my school's hotspot i have registered my Ipod's mac address so in case i take my laptop in school i have to change my laptop's mac to the ipod's. It was easy in windows xp. But in windows 7 it seems to be a problem. Any solution guyz ??

Hi and welcome

Its an added security feature (bug) that is difficult to do, at best

Sorry

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40763-changing-mac-address-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Our HR associate as with other company update employee Health record from an internet based website support by our IP address changing issue...keep Insurance company the problem is that the IP address issue...keep changing user keeps needing to enter her login info during the process of updating records on the internet for example after she logins she access info for an employee and she changes their address than she click on a button which leads to review page she attempts to click on submit button but a login page appears again sometimes she is able to submit the records Our firewall is not blocking any website and her Internet Settings are set like any computer there are not restriction and cookies are allowed I tried everything possible in IE but could not find the problem The IT people at the Health Insurance Company they told me that when a user attempts to access their website the log the IP address of the user We found that the IP address they capture for the user keeps changing during the user s session For example the user accesses the website at PM while she is attempting to update some records and after several minutes a different IP address is captured We believe that the change in the IP address keeps causing the problem to login again but I am not sure Currently my company has DSL lines and a T line and they are plugged to a Linksys RV Router Also we have to Linksys Managed Switches that carries all connection for company network connections The IT people at Health Insurance company provided me with IP addresses that are logged for the user and found that the IP address matches the one for the DSL lines and T that are configured within the router If the IP address keeps changing means that the user is losing internet connection during their browsing session but how is it possible for the IP address to change without the user getting the page cannot be displayed error message or is it normal for the IP address to change during the session Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem Thanks B nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I Changing A System's Address IP put a simple-ish title because it s quite a complex problem to me anyway that I have Also Changing A System's IP Address if this is in the wrong place sorry Windows Server Networking wasn t sure which one Recently a system went down at work We have four touchscreen point-of-sale terminals and a master terminal which is just a basic mhz PC which we use as a server to connect all the terminals together wired LAN and then use to run the retail program essentially turning the terminals into tills and other bits and economic bobs Oh and being as backward as we are we are still using Windows However one broke the other day kaput it went and now another office has sent us a terminal but it s configured to their IP address We have a static IP address to make things simple its a small-ish place a few terminals internal network and all that and they also have a static IP at their office So big breath when I hooked the terminal up to our network I got an error telling me about a hardware conflict between the new terminal and the master server due to them having different IP addresses And because of this the master PC server won t recognise the terminal and thus won t run the retail program Now am I right in thinking if its possible to change the IP address of the new terminal to that of our office s current static IP address it will work And more importantly how can I do this Thank you for any help UUAA nbsp

A:Changing A System's IP Address

Well I must confess the 98 issue doesn't help. I can't explain it for that OS. However you might get the information you need from here:
http://www.hotcomm.com/faq/faq_staticip.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-a-systems-ip-address.972042/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all Forgive me here I am a novice when it comes to the topic of IP addresses networking etc What I am looking to do is change my IP Changing address does - how it work? IP address I have Time Warner as my ISP and it's my understanding they assign a static IP address I tried the suggestion of powering off the modem and router for at least hours but that did not change the IP address I tried an Changing IP address - how does it work? experiment I saw online Changing IP address - how does it work? where I connected a laptop directly to the Changing IP address - how does it work? cable modem The IP address was different and so I reconnected the wireless router but had no internet until I restarted the modem and at that point the old IP address was back I tried a different router and that did change the IP address So am I correct that it's the router that the IP address belongs to From what I read there doesn't seem to be an easy way to change your IP address on demand but what does it take to be able to do such a thing Thanks

A:Changing IP address - how does it work?

If you have a router you will have 2 IP addresses:

1. A public IP address assigned to you by your ISP. This is the IP address that is seen by websites. You have no direct control over this address. It belongs to your ISP, not you. If it is a dynamic IP (the typical case) turning off the modem for a time may give you a different IP, or maybe not. It is all up to your ISP. If it is a static IP address you have no control at all.

2. A private IP address assigned to attached devices by the router. You have full control over this, limited only by the options provided by the router. Nobody outside your local network has any knowledge of this IP and doesn't care. They see only the public IP address.

What do you hope to accomplish by changing your IP address?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390391-changing-ip-address-how-does-work.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello there!

I have been hosting Minecraft servers for quite some time now. Every time I start a new one, then naturally every one who has my external IP is able to see there is a new server up, and wants to join. Previously, I was unaffected by this. However, no I would like to host just a small minecraft server with only a few people. The easiest way I can think of, its to change my external IP. I have looked into mac cloning, but its all still a bit confusing to me!

Router : Netgear WNDR4000

A:Changing External IP Address

External IP address is issued by your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-external-ip-address.1133338/
Relevancy 49.02%

How can I change my email address from an old server to a new server with Windows XP The old server has been inoperable for a few years and that means that if I try to send something from the internet to a friend it will not work because the old address automatically comes up in the From section of the e-mail and it obviously no longer works.

A:changing from old to new server address

Your email will always have a means to add/delete or change an address so check their 'help' services. Also look in internet options--programs and see what your default email program is.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/changing-from-old-to-new-server-address/203687.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all,

Once again I have come to the BEST place to ask a question. Here it is:

2 weeks ago my sisters computer got hacked into, So know she wants to change her IP address. Not her private IP. Her IP from which the internet see;s her. That along with other things of course. Does she have to call her ISP and get it changed ? That cost $ I am sure. Is there a program that can mask this or do this for her ?

She is into a cable modem... No router

Anyone ?

Relevancy 48.59%

ok, here's the deal. i got SBC DSL with a speedstream 5100 dsl modem. i'm wondering if you can change the dsl modem's ip address from the default 192.168.0.1 to something else. why you ask?

i have a palm pilot with bluetooth. i want to let my palm surf the web. with my current hardware, what i would do is set up internet connection sharing on my computer, and the palm connects to the pc through bluetooth. the catch: in order for it to work, nothing on the entire network can have an ip address of 192.168.0.1

am i just screwed, or can it be done?

A:changing a SpeedStream 5100 ip address

According to the user manual ("SpeedStream5100.pdf") the default IP address is 192.168.254.254 and you can re-set it as you wish (as per the section on "Configure DHCP" under Setup/DHCP pg 57 of the user manual).
However if you are using internet connection sharing (ICS) on the PC you will have a potential clash between that and the router as ICS acts as a DHCP server by default as does the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-a-speedstream-5100-ip-address.364474/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone.

My modem/router recently took a dive (the modem part at least). So I broke out the old DSL modem and just used the modem/router as a router. My problem is that the new modem has the 192.168.1.1 address, which was the same as the old modem/router. So how can I change the address of the old modem/router to something else so that I can can access both of the devices?

Thanks for the help,
Curtis

A:Solved: Changing routers IP address

You can't use a modem/router as a router only because its WAN connection is internal and directly to the modem portion. I assume that you are wanting to use it as an ethernet switch and wireless access point. You will need to connect it to a computer (and nothing else except electrical power) to configure it.

Assuming also that the new modem is a modem/router and is configured to operate that way ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-changing-routers-ip-address.911693/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I'm having address Changing airlive mac WT-2000pci problem with my airlive WT- pci wireless card I want to change mac address network address under windows x bit rtm but with no luck I'm using latest official drivers for bit vista I have even tried older drivers but nothing helps When I log onto windows XP i can easily change mac address with device manager gt properties gt advanced gt network address and i just enter desired mac address This option network address doesn't exist in Windows I've done windows update and device manager refers the wireless card as Ralink RT not as Airlive WT- pci as it did before the update I've googled for hours but found nothing that could help me I've even send mail to airlive support but with no reply so Changing mac address airlive WT-2000pci far I'm desperate to change my mac address since my Wireless ISP has mac authentication for every account and I have accounts and I want to use them from pc hence wlan card account This is the only thing Changing mac address airlive WT-2000pci making me keep dualboot win and xp on my machine Is there solution for my problem Regards Samir Bosnia

A:Changing mac address airlive WT-2000pci

Quote: Originally Posted by forzamilan

Hi. I'm having problem with my airlive WT-2000pci wireless card. I want to change mac address/network address under windows 7 x64bit 7600rtm but with no luck. I'm using latest official drivers for 64bit vista, I have even tried older drivers but nothing helps. When I log onto windows XP i can easily change mac address with device manager>properties>advanced>network address and i just enter desired mac address. This option (network address) doesn't exist in Windows 7. I've done windows 7 update and device manager refers the wireless card as Ralink RT61, not as Airlive WT-2000pci as it did before the update. I've googled for hours but found nothing that could help me. I'm desperate to change my mac address since my Wireless ISP has mac authentication for every account and I have 2 accounts and I want to use them from 1 pc (hence 1 wlan card 1 account). This is the only thing making me keep dualboot win7 and xp on my machine.
Is there solution for my problem? Regards, Samir, Bosnia.

You want to change MAC address or IP address?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/25092-changing-mac-address-airlive-wt-2000pci.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I currently host a few servers for friends etc but having a Dynamic IP is a big pain. I know that there used to be a service (DYDNS) i believe that let you point a web address to a dynamic ip by running a little app on your PC. Only trouble is its now a premium service.

Are there any free services like this around or relatively cheap ones? Or even any other ways of doing it?

Many thanks,

Spud

A:Pointing a web address to a dynamic changing IP?

You can try no-ip.com. Never used their service so I can't say how good they are. It's a shame that Dyn (DynDNS) is no longer offering their free service. I didn't even know till you posted this as my account is still fine and working with them. Digging deeper, they grandfathered 4 million accounts and I guess I was one of those accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pointing-a-web-address-to-a-dynamic-changing-ip.1061272/
Relevancy 48.59%

We just purchased our first batch of Win 8.1 PCs, but they are not the Pro version, so there is no gpedit. I want to prevent users from accessing the TCP/IPv4 Properties dialog box in order to make sure that the DNS server address is always obtained automatically. I have been looking through the registry but can't find a setting to control that. Suggestions?

Also, I'd love to find a reference guide that defines all the registry settings. Anyone know of one? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disallow-changing-dns-server-address.1116657/
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure if I ve posted this in the right place - if not I for IP reason! Solved: no Changing address m sorry Weird issue - my IP address has changed Is this normal Its been the same for ages then two days ago it totally changed Yesterday it was the old one again but today it s back to the new one The geographical location is unchanged and I ve run various security scans that say nothing s wrong In desperation I even restored my system to last month when everything was fine - no effect The System Restore worked fine but my IP address was still the new one No idea what s going on at all Is it my ISP doing this for some reason Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Solved: Changing IP address for no reason! Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc M CYJ Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have my VB code to send my email to several of my clients; but as this is 'information only' e-mail, I want the senders address to be our 'no reply' address. How do I achieve this?

Relevancy 48.59%

I'm using Outlook Express 5. Recently because of being sick and tired of all the email spam, I changed my email address. If I had realized how easy it was, I would have done it a long time ago. All I had to do was call my ISP and in 2 minutes it was done.

Here's the problem, when ever I send someone an email, if they just hit reply and send me one back, it defaults back to my old email address which of course is no longer a valid address.

How do I fix this so that when someone replies to me, it comes back to my new email address. I've fished around in OE but don't really see where to do this. Thanks.

A:Problem after changing email address?

Sorry, never mind. I was able to resolve this with my ISP. Thanks anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-after-changing-email-address.244741/
Relevancy 48.59%

Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect.

I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it is not changing my IP address. I've tried restarting the computer. Uninstalling/reinstalling. Right clicking the program to "run as admin". Nothing seems to work and I'm in a real pinch. Really hoping someone can help me out...

Thanks so much for any help!

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/66003-openvpn-connecting-but-not-changing-ip-address.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently moved into my dorm at UCSD and their internet service is provided by ResNet I am running Windows -bit on a Sony Vaio Laptop The wifi here has a speed of Mb s and is constantly spiking Their lan connection provides at a minimum Mb s and is very steady There is no bandwidth limit but the only rule is that you cannot hook up or more devices on a single ethernet port in a hour period I am only hooking up my laptop and xbox but my port gets blocked after around minutes of use I ve updated my drivers as the many technicians I ve spoken to have told me but the problem service Microsoft address changing MAC still persists They are actually stumped because no one else is having this issue our of other students I have Microsoft service changing MAC address tried running my computer in safe mode disabling all startup programs and non-microsoft services but I still get blocked with the same error The only thing that has worked is running ubuntu off a flash drive I have had a steady internet connection for a whole Microsoft service changing MAC address day now so I am fairly sure a microsoft service is causing this On a side note my roommate is also getting blocked on his ethernet port we share a room and updating his drivers did not work I told the technician that there must be something wrong with the ports wiring He assured me that if our wiring was bad then the whole building would be having this problem He may be right since ubuntu solved the problem The only things our computers have in common is that they are both Sony Vaio laptops running Bitdefender Internet Security and yes I ve tried disabling the firewall and stopping it from starting up all together with no luck Thanks in advance for any advice you have nbsp

A:Microsoft service changing MAC address

can you try someone else laptop who is having no problems at all with their connection on your connection
that would help identify if its the connection into the room

although the UBUNTU may have already proved that -

I have tried running my computer in safe mode; disabling all startup programs and non-microsoft services,Click to expand...

that should have eliminated most things

has the PC ever had Norton or mcafee type security suite on it as a demo/time limited program
if so make sure they are uninstalled and try the removal tools
Kaspersky Removal Tool
A link to Kaspersky - this varies with different versions
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193239279

Mcafee RemovalTool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

Norton Removal Tool - I would recommend that you restart the PC and run the removal tool for a second time - I have found instances where the removal tool needs to be run twice to fully remove all traces of norton and symantec from the PC
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

All Versions - The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2010/2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products, Norton 360 and Norton SystemWorks 12.0 from your computer.
http://majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-service-changing-mac-address.1020250/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is so strange I was trying to change my MAC address to D EA address only some addresses MAC works with Changing EDB but it wasn't working I tried many methods Then I tried changing it to other things and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't I'm using the built in Intel WiFi Link AGN card Changing MAC address only works with some addresses on my laptop and Changing MAC address only works with some addresses am doing the changing with Technitium MAC Address Changer but I've tried other programs and doing it manually through the registry with the same results I made a list of the ones I tried and whether they work or not Y means it works N means it doesn't I can go back and try them again and get the same result Code D EA EDB N DEADBEEFCAFE Y DEADDEADDEAD Y DEADDEADBEEF Y FEEEEEEEEEED Y FEEEEE EEEED Y N N A B C D E F Y B C DE F Y AB Y Changing MAC address only works with some addresses AB N Y N DEADDEADBEE N D EADDEADBEE N DEADDEADBEE N EADDEADBEEF Y EADDEADBEEF Y N D B N AAAAAAAAAAAA Y N N Y N It seems so strange that some work and some don't I'm not sure if it is a problem with Vista or the network adapter And I can't seem to find a pattern of which ones work When it doesn't work it displays the default MAC B E E

A:Changing MAC address only works with some addresses

Question, why do you want to change the MAC address on your pc?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282154-changing-mac-address-only-works-some-addresses.html
Relevancy 48.59%

A friend of mine has Server DNS automatically is changing address a windows pro notebook This notebook is used primarily used for work but does bring it home DNS Server address is changing automatically and uses at home too Resently I set up a small network of three notebook computers and a file server at his work They use a netgear switch which also is used for DHCP and their is a wireless router which is used as a access point While at work they are hard wired to access the server and for Internet But sometimes they forget to switch over from the wireless connection to the ethernet connection if they have taken the computer home and used it at home on their wireless home network The problem is when he brings his computer home and goes on the Internet he can t get on the Internet because his DNS server address has changed to a specific address Its set to automatically obtain DNS Server address is changing automatically the address at his work but if he brings his notebook home it changes automatically to a specific DNS address What he has to do is go to the TCP IP settings and change it back to obtain address automatically and everything is fine So its not real big problem but just annoying Also he only has this problem taking the notebook home and not taking it back to work What could be causing this and how do I stop it from changing to a specific DNS address nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I read online that you can change the MAC address of your NIC card. They said that this can help speed up your network speed if no MAC address is set in the Advanced tab of the Configure menu of my NIC card. If this is the case, what do I change it to? Should I do a ipconfig /all and copy down the MAC address there and just type that into the value field? If not, how do I know what to type in the value field?

A:Changing MAC address of NIC card, what to change to?

Why not just change the last digit or even last two digits?
If you do think it has made a difference post the results, personally I would not think this would make any difference at all to your network speed. Your MAC address isn't even used in setting up a network, except in the case of wireless networking, where you want to restict access to individual wireless NIC's for security purposes.

Changing the value of the MTU can improve network performance, and you can find many tools for this e.g. easyMTU etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-mac-address-of-nic-card-what-to-change-to-151906.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have tried to read up on the subject of connecting routers routers Connecting 2 IP Changing & address and reconfiguring of IP address but am all confused Help appreciated I have a broadband wired connection at home The modem cum router is provided by the ISP All I am tryig to do is try to set up a wireless connection so that I can take the laptop and work in the kitchen I am in possession of a wireless router which according the the manufacturer is to be connected between the modem cum router and my computer I Connecting 2 routers & Changing IP address believe my wireless router is called the secondary router am I correct I have read up on Linksys instruction on how to quot cascade quot routers and reconfiguring IP addresses here http linksys custhelp com cgi-bin Xh PWNhc NhZGluZyByb V ZXI amp p li amp p topview I have questions Which of the options provided by Linksys above should I follow quot The LAN-LAN or the Internet-LAN method What is the difference anyway From everywhere I read it says that I am to reconfigure the IP address of the primary router in my case the ISP provided modem cum router The problems lies in that my ISP will not give me access to change the IP don t ask why Can I get around this problem by changing the IP of my own wireless router secondary router Your help and patience appreicated This is a very newby here who does not understand big technical terms very well I can handle simple English for now Thanks nbsp

A:Connecting 2 routers & Changing IP address

Here's my recipe for connection of two routers, and no changes to the primary router's configuration are required.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-2-routers-changing-ip-address.656802/
Relevancy 48.59%

hey, im currently playing in an online game but wish to hide my ip address, for when i am on i go undermany names but my ip always give me away. how do i hide or change my ip address without having to buy a router or contacting my isp.

A:hiding/faking/changing ip address

sometimes unplugging the modem for a few hours works, depending on your provider. Otherwise, you will have to call your ISP- I don't think there's a proxy that works with (or could ever have a low enough latency to play) games.

But seriously, if this is just to you can act like an **** in games, don't even bother. You'll get kicked and banned just as fast as you did with your old IP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hiding-faking-changing-ip-address-18106.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there an application, that runs on XP, that can change your IP address?

A:Changing the IP address on your host machine

a network ip or a internet IP?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-the-ip-address-on-your-host-machine-203767.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've found the Windows Mail App uses the wrong 'From' address when clicking on 'mailto ' links With Outlook com you can set in Changing 'From' 'mailto:' Links Email Address it up to send Changing 'From' Email Address in 'mailto:' Links and receive email from an external mailbox account instead of from the Outlook com account Basically Outlook com acts as an email client and sends and receives from external email accounts via POP SMTP If I create a new email from scratch or reply to emails everything works properly and it sends all emails from my external email address as it should However if I click a mailto link it ignores all the settings and uses my Microsoft Account live email address as the 'from' address The settings in the Outlook com account are set to send email from my external email address and also the settings in the Windows Mail App are set to use my 'Preferred Email Address' which is one from my external email account Other than that I can't see how to change it so I'm thinking maybe it was overlooked when they made the Mail app Realistically I think maybe mailto links should use whatever the 'Preferred Email Address' is set to in the Mail App Unless anyone has any ideas on a work around

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/63536-changing-email-address-mailto-links.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I own a small company and want to change ISP's but they also host our e-mail.

The company has had a particular e-mail address for almost two decades and have many clients from years ago and may not have their contact information (Clients who moved to foreign countries etc.)

I want to ditch the ISP and keep the e-mail address we have had for so long.

The ISP has said that if I discontinue taking their internet service I will also lose the e-mail address.

Note: The ISP domain is tstt.net.tt , and is "powered" by Google.
( I can go to gmail.com type in the e-mail address with the tstt.net.tt domain and log in.)

What are my options?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Changing ISP's and maintaining e-mail address provided by them.

The problem is that your current ISP probably owns the domain, even though it's powered by Google. They have no obligation to keep your email address after you discontinue service with them. You could try contacting Google, but I suspect that there isn't anything that they can do, either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/331523-changing-isps-maintaining-e-mail-address-provided-them.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I know someone told me a way to do it before but I forgot I think it had something to do with going to RUN then typing like ipconfig.. or winipcfg or something.. and I was wondering if anyone can assist me with this.. any help with this would be appreciated.. thx.
-jason-

Relevancy 48.16%

Recently I ve had some odd experiences with my internet About two weeks back my global IP address has changed itself without my router restarting Router IP Address Global Without Changing Restart Previously my IP would only change when I restarted my router This IP changing seems to occur anytime from - days After each automatic IP change I restarted my router to see if the address would change it did After about the second or third time Global IP Address Changing Without Router Restart my IP changed I messed around with some router settings which I ve since reverted the DHCP renewal time is now set at hours although I m not quite sure whether this has any effect on anything I also cleared my DNS cache on my laptop Is there a reason for my IP changing To my limited knowledge the IP shouldn t change if the router has not been restarted am I wrong Also as a sidenote only a few days back my internet ping retrieved from speedtest net has increased from ms to around - ms but my speeds have increased slightly This probably has no connection to the IP changing since it occurred more than a week after Thanks in advance for any responses my ISP has always frustrated me a bit and I really want to get to the bottom of this issue nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I am using W FWIW I installed and started using it but thought that it wasn't working because it kept saying something to the effect quot connecting in the process of connecting to a server quot when I pressed the 'enable' address trouble an Spotflux, Having with program changing IP button And the Internet started to lag horrendously So I closed the program with Task Manager It worked when I thought I closed it with Task Manager internet lagged a bit but not as much as before IP was changed and I couldn't see SpotFlux in dock so I was Having trouble with Spotflux, an IP address changing program scrambling to find the program to tinker with it but when I searched it in my Pokki Windows starter menu it only catched quot Start Spotflux quot which I guess starts the program from the start all over again the message quot would you like to Having trouble with Spotflux, an IP address changing program give permission for this program to make changes quot pops up And then it had OpenVPN error but still works IP is changed it's a bit faster than before but still slow But when I minimized it it disappeared from the dock and the icon but my IP is still changed all the same but I can't click the enable disable button to change my IP address or turn off to start torrenting again torrenting doesn't work while this program is on

A:Having trouble with Spotflux, an IP address changing program

I don't know if I can help you but I'm somewhat curious. From what I have read about Spotflux it is used to increase your security. Then you want to use a torrent which is one of the most insecure methods of download one could find. 2 and 2 is not adding up to 4. If my understanding of Spotflux is correct it should stop all torrent activity.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/273807-having-trouble-spotflux-ip-address-changing-program.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a wireless Linksys USB adaptor on Wireless when ip connecting Solved: changing address a gateway machine When I boot up machine the IP changes sometimes to a different ip address in the Info part of the USB adaptor I used IPCONFIG all and it changed my ip to or I have a P P Solved: Wireless changing ip address when connecting network system with a Linksys wireless Router with machines running Windows Pro My IP address for the Gateway machine running DHCP is x xxx the IP address that comes up sometimes is and sometimes it is When these IP s come up I can t access Solved: Wireless changing ip address when connecting the WEB or quot See quot my other machines on the P P network I use WPA security with a password I tried Pinging amp but I don t get an address Iv e tried going into the machine and changing the IP address using a Static address that changes it but I need the machine to be on DHCP because of security reasons Can you also tell me what this IP address is and how I can find where these numbers are coming from Thanks for everyones very professional help You all have been so helpful and prompt in the past Have a very productive day nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

This is my first post and I want to begin by saying that I am not very tech savvy although I am the default computer quot expert quot yikes causes working stop IP to changing on its address printer own in our house as my husband has never used a computer The problem I am having is that IP addresses within our wireless network are changing on their own quite frequently This causes the network printer to stop working Interestingly sometimes the IP addresses switch ie the IP address for my laptop changes to the IP address that the printer had last week etc I know this to be true because I have a quot cheat sheet quot of steps I follow from Brother our printer IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working manufacturer which includes the steps of obtaining the IP address for the computers and the printer on the network and then pinging the printer I have recorded the IP address on that sheet for each computer and printer IP address and I am constantly having to cross them out and change them Is this frequent IP address change normal Is there a way to establish permanent IP addresses If not or if that isn t desirable is there some way to stop the constant effects it has on the network printer Thank you for your help with this issue nbsp

A:IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working

Yes this can be resolved two ways
Address reservation and Static IP address assignment.

The former is much easier but I need the make/model number of your router to give HOW-TO details - - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-changing-on-its-own-causes-printer-to-stop-working.159437/
Relevancy 48.16%

Is it possible to stop someone changing their IP address, or setting their system to DHCP? I have ACLs defined and somone is changing their IP address to get around the rules. This only applies to one rogue person who just won't play by the rules, so I'd prefer not to make everyone suffer because of one rebel.

Eg. A registry change? Remove/Disable the network configuration?

thanks
Tanya

A:Stop client from changing nstatic IP address

Hiya

If you don't mind me asking, What OS is on the clients machines ? and are you using a server (if so which OS please) or is it just a peer to peer network with a router using DHCP ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76281-stop-client-changing-nstatic-ip-address.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have windows 7 professional 32-bit OS, on HP EliteBook 8440p, when I open the Local Area Connection and clicking on the properties an error msg keeps popping up ( Some of the controls of this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets are already open, to use these controls close all other opened property sheets and then reopen this one), and nothing else is opened as well, and under the safe mode the network connection tab is not accessible, does anyone faced a problem like this, and whats his advice?

Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Changing the IP address in the Local connection

Quote:

I open the Local Area Connection

Are you opening the Local Area Connection so the Status Window is open? or just Right clicking the Local Area Connection? Are you logged in as a limited user or as an Administrator user? Enable the Hidden Administrator account and log out of the user profile your in and log in as Admin and see if it works there. then check your user account for restrictions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-changing-the-ip-address-in-the-local-connection-631726.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I wasn't sure Messenger changing to Yahoo links address IP where to post this When I am sending IMs in Yahoo messenger and I copy a link from my address bar paste it in the IM and send it Yahoo Messenger changing links to IP address the other person gets it with the domain name Yahoo Messenger changing links to IP address changed to my ip address I've tried this with Internet Explorer and Firefox I've updated my Yahoo Messenger to the latest I talked to Yahoo support Yahoo Messenger changing links to IP address yesterday and they could offer no help They had me uninstall messenger restart and do a fresh install and that didn't solve the problem This happens with multiple people on my friends list so I don't think it is the recipient's problem Also it only happens if the link has the http at the beginning Example I copy the link http www google com from the address bar and paste it in an IM and send it to a friend They see it as http xx xx xxx xxx where the x's are my ip address However if I copy paste it as www google com then they see it as www google com Any ideas on why this happens

A:Yahoo Messenger changing links to IP address

It seems others are having the same problem, but no solutions.

Let's try to diagnose the problem a bit better. Uninstall Yahoo Messenger, and download Digsby instead.

http://www.digsby.com/?utm_campaign=...tm_content=vid

Then add your Yahoo account, and see if the problem remains.

That way, we can tell whether it is the client causing the problem, or if Yahoo is messing up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/yahoo-messenger-changing-links-to-ip-address-484174.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I found this good guide how to do it, but some things remain unexplained to me. The page is http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Uk/uk.telecom.broadband/2006-09/msg00539.html

I would like to get more information about step:
3. Change the IP address of your current PC

Maybe more questions will follow, but that's the only problem I am having right now.

Relevancy 47.73%

so here is an oddball question. how would i go about reconnecting to a network share drive, after changing the ip address of the computer im using, using a command prompt?

A:reconnecting to a network drive after changing computer ip address

You'd connect to it the same way as before. Changing a computer's IP address shouldn't prevent you from connecting to a network share unless you gave the computer an IP address on a different range, in which case you'd need to change that devices IP address to match the new network IP scheme. Can you clarify what you did and what IP addresses the network device and the computer have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reconnecting-to-a-network-drive-after-changing-computer-ip-address.1149753/
Relevancy 47.73%

Whatever I do each time I reboot Outlook the pop server resets from mail btinternet com to and the port settings from to I have reloaded the C drive removed and reinstalled Malware? keeps Outlook address POP3 Solved: changing Norton scanned everything in sight with NIS thoroughly updated SpySweeper and ADAware but nothing stops it happening Until I correct it back on each occasion it only Solved: Outlook Malware? POP3 keeps changing address gives me multiple copies of the first one or two messages on the server Solved: Outlook Malware? POP3 keeps changing address My account works fine online and from my non-XP Solved: Outlook Malware? POP3 keeps changing address computer I do have sp installed and have run Windows Update to make sure my protection is current WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE If this is a virus surely Norton or Spysweeper should have picked it up by now HELP Judith Ps please don t tell me you only support outlook express because the same thing is happening if I use that I have to manually reset the settings every time and I really am fed up with it nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Legends,
 Iam using windows 10 pro on my Dell inspiron 15r 5537 model. From the last month i am getting the DNS problem. I make the DNS obtain automatically under ipv4 properties but after 2-3 minutes it become Specified DNS address with address  87.118.74.138 and 8.8.8.8. I have tried flushing DNS, Uninstalling WLAN drivers, Rolling back, Updating. Changed this address also in Registry but after 2-3 minutes again the same.It prevent me from accessing the internet or opening the new pages on browsers but some of the download will stay continued. I'am getting trouble from it. Please help me to Solve this issue. thanks in advanced 

A:DNS address keep changing from Auto to 87.118.74.138 (Preventing Internet Access

IP address traces to Keyweb.de. Dubious history, and I would not put it past one of their clients:

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/keyweb.de?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-donuts

Page here will give you an idea of how to find the dns servers in the registry (has to be the registry, you take the stuff out, then it comes back). http://windowsitpro.com/networking/where-registry-are-entries-dns-servers-located

The question is, how is it happening? Malware is capable of changing registry items, happens all of the time. Have you scanned your computer yet? Malwarebytes is free to consumers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622443/dns-address-keep-changing-from-auto-to-8711874138-preventing-internet-access/
Relevancy 47.73%

I live in out at the beach where the ISP options are meager; in fact, Charter has a monopoly on cable internet. So I use Charter, and I have a Belkin Pre-N wireless router. For a long time I've had to reset the router and Internet once or twice a day, ever day. Needless to say this is annoying. A family member of mine called Charter about it yesterday and their guy told her that Charter changes your IP address every six hours, and that Belkin routers don't accept the new IP automatically. Is there some way to fix this and set up the router so that it automatically asks for a new IP address every six hours or whatever?

Relevancy 47.73%

I have some laptops that my clients use both here at work and at home. They use our network here (static IP) and then use their personal ISP (DHCP) at home. The problem is that they do not have administrative privledges, so is there a way for me to configure to allow them to access their network settings without giving them admin rights??

Thanks!!

Pete

A:Non Administrator Changing Network Settings (IP Address) in Win2k??

I would assume that Windows 2000 and XP have the same User Groups in user manager. I did this on my XP Pro computer for my wife.

Network Configuration Operators
Members in this group can have some administrative privileges to manage configuration of networking featuresClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-administrator-changing-network-settings-ip-address-in-win2k.173348/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a desktop PC running Win XP SP and a notebook on Win Vista for IP Wifi home Changing Keeps network Vista/XP PC Address Notebook Home which I have networked through a Trendnet wireless router The desktop has Zonealarm firewall installed I went into Zonealarm and entered Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC the IP address for my notebook into the trusted zone and for a while evertyhing works fine Every once in a while though Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC connectivity is lost and it always traces back to the wireless IP address for my notebook being different by one digit For example the Vista/XP Wifi home network IP Address Keeps Changing for Notebook PC IP in the firewall had been set to and so was my notebook and has been working fine Or at least it was This morning the notebook IP had changed to which of course didn t match what the firewall was looking for so no connectivity As soon as I changed the firewall setting voila connectivity Why does the IP address for my notebook keep randomly changing for no apparent reason The range of IPs I ve seen assigned to my notebook is always through Tawni nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have been battling this problem for over a month now serve DNS DNS server "Obtain keeps "preferred changing automatically" address to I lose connection to the internet at random times Eventually I figured out that under TCP IPv Properties Obtain DNS server address automatically is being changed to User the following DNS server addresses and then an IP address would be specified for Preferred DNS server When I undo this change and choose obtain DNS server address automatically I regain my internet connection I tried checking these settings at random times when there is no problem with my internet connection Most of the time the setting is unchanged But sometimes a Preferred DNS server is specified It feels like at those times my internet speed is slower than "Obtain DNS server address automatically" keeps changing to "preferred DNS serve usual but I can't be sure I have Windows I tried scanning my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials but it didn't "Obtain DNS server address automatically" keeps changing to "preferred DNS serve find anything When I used HijackThis I attempted to fix some entries that didn't look right However when I scan my pc using HijackThis again it displays all of the entries that it said it fixed the last time In addition when I tried clicking analyze this in HijackThis I received an error message that I wasn't connected to the internet even though I could load websites You can imagine how grateful I would be if I were to receive any help with this nightmare Thank you for considering this problem and for reading my message Bill

A:"Obtain DNS server address automatically" keeps changing to "preferred DNS serve

Hello Bill

Run these next and see how it is.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message..
.Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570245/obtain-dns-server-address-automatically-keeps-changing-to-preferred-dns-serve/
Relevancy 47.3%

My Browser keep changing to res shdocsv dll blank htm everytime I try to change it to something else it change right back I ran alot of spyware and adware but it still didn't fix it I also ran aol keep res://shdocsv.dll/blank.htm.... to browser address changing explorer internet spyware program and norton internet explorer browser address keep changing to res://shdocsv.dll/blank.htm.... antivirus I installed hijack this and here is the log files Please Help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss internet explorer browser address keep changing to res://shdocsv.dll/blank.htm.... exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system svcnt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System hookdump exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files BulletProofSoft com SpywareRemover SpyWatch exe C Program Files BulletProofSoft com SpywareRemover FD A F DLL C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res shdocsv dll blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res shdocsv dll asst htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http www stevens edu proxies pac R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO TGTSoft Explorer Toolbar Changer - C CF - F- - AC-E D C C - C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP TGT BHO dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WI... Read more

A:internet explorer browser address keep changing to res://shdocsv.dll/blank.htm....

Greetings, and welcome to TSF!

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. If you have Windows XP, the search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files and folders', and 'Search subfolders' are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

===============

When we're done cleaning off your system, i'd recommend that you install all the critical windows updates available from Microsoft, upto service pack 1. This will help to make your system more secure and prevent many 'problems' from reoccuring in the future.

===============

Download, unzip to your desktop CWShredder and run it, then:

1. Click "Check For Update"

(If an update isn't available, skip to step #4.)

2. Click "Click here to Download the upate".
3. When the new version has been downloaded, click "Save".
4. Click "Fix ->"

===============

Run HiJackThis then:

1. Click "Config..."
2. Click "Misc Tools"
3. Click "Open Process manager"

-

Next, while holding down the CTRL key, locate (if present) and click on (highlight) each of the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hookdump.exe

Now double-check and make sure that only those item(s) above are highlighted, then click "Kill process". Now, click "Refresh", check again, and repeat this step if any remain.

===============

Run HiJackThis and click "Scan", then check(tick) the following, if present:

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fast Start] C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe home
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Intel system tool] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hookdump.exe

Now, with all windows closed except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure your able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

files...

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hookdump.exe

-

Note that some of these file(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them from "Safe Mode".

===============

Post back a new log, and let us know how everything goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-browser-address-keep-changing-to-res-shdocsv-dll-blank-htm-60395.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I had a strange friend who had my laptop for days I used no user or administrator password then Now I realize he may have installed a keylogger or other spyware I ran Spyware Terminator and malware removal software to remove threats I eliminated exceptions for windows firewall that I wasn t familiar with I have a static ISP address I am sure he has this Will changing my unwanted Solved: remote ISP, will access? prevent Static mac changing address laptop s mac address eliminate his ability to access my computer I live in a place that provides wifi and they use a DSL provider Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II Dual-Core M x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Solved: Static ISP, will changing mac address prevent unwanted remote access? AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total Solved: Static ISP, will changing mac address prevent unwanted remote access? - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway SJV TR Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Static ISP, will changing mac address prevent unwanted remote access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-static-isp-will-changing-mac-address-prevent-unwanted-remote-access.1110435/
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings,

I need a step by step list to make the font sizes of my return address envelopes bigger by about two levels. I am happy with the font size of the delivery address default, but the return address default is too small. The guide I found on line wasn't very helpful, as it read like brain surgery!

I have legacy Word experience using Word 97-2003, and envelope settings were much easier to select on those versions! Note that I want to keep the return address envelope font size as the default envelope setting.

Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-return-address-envelope-font-size-in-word-2010.1158309/