Windows Support Forum

What hardware would you replace first?

Q: What hardware would you replace first?

Hi guys Taking a tip from Acrobat s stellar post I am going to try to format my first post much the same I should point out that some of the information herein is stuff I know directly some is stuff I have learned through careful study online concerning crashes and some is reported by a local tech support guy who has spent hours and hours with me trying to diagnose and repair this problem I am NOT schooled in computer science I know maybe a little bit more than the average customer or computer user nothing more The Good Motherboard ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe VGA EVGA GF GT -P -N -TX POWER SUPPLY ANTEC TP - EPS V CPU AMD ATHLON P CORSAR D Mx TWINX - XL SANDISK M FLDRV hardware first? replace would you What SDCZ - -A R FD MB MITSUMI FA A M HD GB WD WD JD MB SATA KB amp MS LOGITECH What hardware would you replace first? CRDLS INTERNET PRO MNTR SMSNG quot LCD msDVI T DVD-ROM SONY X DDU B s BK DVD -RW X SONY DWQ A SW What hardware would you replace first? OEM SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY ZS PLTM RTL CPU FAN What hardware would you replace first? AMD SILENTBOOST K A RT Replaced under warranty several months ago with a better one LOGITECH THX Z- e SPEAKERS CASE THERMALTAKE VA BWA RT This computer is used largely for CAD as well as photo manipulation and post-processing I also have played HalfLife on it frequently with no problems since I bought it in Oct of Like Acrobat everything is at its stock speed Nothing has ever been overclocked Windows XP Professional - Service pack The Bad Several weeks ago I began enjoying what appeared to be random BSOD s which never occured at startup but seemed to occur after an extended period of work time and or having multiple applications going at the same time When they first started I had automatic restart enabled so I was only briefly able to read the blue screen info however it was enough to catch various phrases such as BAD POOL HEADER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and such suggestions as checking and or updating BIOS According to some professionals these errors were occuring either because of driver conflicts or a physical failure of some part of the hardware I ran every basic diagnostic check one can do virus scans windows updates device manager conflicts malware spyware scans everything I ran Memtest for passes several times and it found no errors While I was researching diagnosis and repair options I suffered an overnight BSOD which resulted in an inability to boot up Windows at all I would get through the DOS startup screens the black Windows startup would launch with the progress bar it would get through about two iterations and everything would shut down even the signal to the monitor would cut off Yikes Called in my tech friend we were able to secure my critical information via booting up with Linux Knoppix on a CD and then moving stuff over to an external hard drive With my drawings and other files safe we first Checked all connections Everything was tight and fine At this point it became known that the hard drives were plugged in for RAID array rather than SATA I didn t specify a RAID d sytem at purchase but I guess it was an oversight-- not sure if this has anything to do with the crashes ultimately occuring just stating what was found The system worked great for over a year in this configuration They were plugged into the black connections from the red and we moved on Ran CHKDSK Multiple errors were found and repaired on both drives PSU was observed to be rock solid and putting out voltages well within acceptable parameters He tried various options at repairing Windows XP via the restoration DVD which came with the system when it shipped none of which worked So a total reinstall was started CHKDSK ran for a LONG time over several hours before re-installation occurred During installation from the DVD a pop up requested Please insert Floppy Disk Nvidia Network Bus Installation Disk which of course I didn t have My computer manufacturer s Tech Support said that after installation I should go to the motherboard s website and download the latest drivers He gave me the motherboard s model A N-SLI DELUXE socket I downloaded and installed with no problems if you can call successfully navigating Asus s Byzantine download section of their website no problem System seemed to be stable I rebooted a dozen times or so with no problems so we updated every Windows update that was suggested reinstalled my drafting program and I pressed on The Ugly While the system is certainly more stable I am still getting the odd BSOD with messages like but not limited to STOP X E X X F XF C B C X WIN K SYS- ADDRESS BF BASE AT BF DATESTAMP A I have yet to install any of my other software such as Photoshop and Sketchup for fear of causing another horrendous crash I also set CHKDSK to run a full scan repair at each morning s reboot From what I ve read these wonky symptoms could arguably be the fault of one of my pieces of hardware going bad Bearing in mind that Memtest did not find any errors at all I m wondering just what the heck to do next I just want my old stable and fun to use system back I m not a CS major or professional the amount of time I ve spent on this is just staggering really-- I m sincerely hoping someone can make some suggestions as to what the next steps should be to resolve my problems Thanks a lot for everyone s time who reads and responds it s appreciated Dave nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What hardware would you replace first?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What hardware would you replace first?

Great post.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. See if that helps at all.

If it doesn`t attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps and we`ll see what we can come up with.

It might also be a good idea to physically disconnect anything not required to run your system and see if it becomes stable. if it does, then adding one thing at a time and testing, may reveal the culprit, if it`s hardware related.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-hardware-would-you-replace-first.71385/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ive been given a Dell Dimension 8100. The only problem is that it dont boot up. So I decided to just buy all new parts for this system. I called Dell, to get the system specifications from them, but they just kept telling me to just buy a new computer from them. I didnt want to do that, but they were persistent, so I gave up. And I know some computer makers use proprietary parts. This is why I wanted the specifications for this system. My question is this, would I be able to just put in the parts I want into the case the Dimension 8100 came with? I would like to use the same case. And just have to buy the parts I need.

A:Replace All Hardware Question.

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/reviews/systems/dell_p4_thx/index.shtml
An old review of the 8100. Sounds like a top of the line back in '01. If you'll post the exact problems with it, someone maybe be able to help you get it running without a lot of expense.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-all-hardware-question.288499/
Relevancy 52.89%

I was looking to build a friend a computer, but he asked that I replace the hardware inside of his existing tower to save him the cost of a brand new one. However, when I've looked up specs on the eMachines W3107, it just states that the form factor is "Tower"... which doesn't help me at all.

I don't build desktops on the regular, although I have finished a few recently. So I'm a bit unsure on this one and wanted to get some input from you guys.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite A -S A few weeks ago it got dropped right on its adapter? Replace the replace the or jack power corner Replace the power jack or replace the adapter? with the power plug still in it the little metal plug of the AC adapter is now slightly crooked and the power jack has a little chip off the plastic part of it Anyway after this mishap it worked fine for another weeks and then suddenly this week it s refusing to power up Its battery has been shot for a while can t hold a charge and I ve been using it with the battery out Why the sudden refusal to boot I took the whole thing apart---minus the little chip the power jack looks totally fine and cosmetically sound Put the whole thing back together taking care to check that plugs were snug---still no power Stuck in the crappy battery booted just fine and then shut itself down after like minutes How likely is it that it s the power jack which is broken And why did it take this long to crap out if it IS broken A new one of those silly jacks costs over on eBay so I want to make sure that it s the jack before I just up and buy one Of course if it s the AC adapter that s broken that would cost even more Bah Input nbsp

A:Replace the power jack or replace the adapter?

AND/OR inside the case the the jack is soldered directly to the motherboard. Is also possible that
1) It's already cracked
2) If not yet, it's gonna crack

So look to see what connection looks like between power jack and motherboard, If you feel u wanna/can re-solder yourself or the typically price to redo the whole power thing seems to run $125 parts/labor/warranty if you take it somewhere. So how much is it all worth to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-the-power-jack-or-replace-the-adapter.121170/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need Replace in Find Column) different (but Replace & a to Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column) know if there is a function perhaps a Macro or Query or a more complex Find amp Replace that can accomplish the following cause my database is huge amp I m hoping not to do this manually I keep an Access database for my homeowners association on the condition amp conformity of different exterior attributes for about townhomes The Board of Directors wants to move away from using the term quot Grandfathered quot which is distinguished by the acronym quot GF quot in the database column that shows conformity labeled IAW We use this database to generate annual architectural reports for our residents Our board wants the entry quot GF quot replaced with a quot Y quot they want the GF entry removed from the report completely amp they re serious about it Now I have already created a Query that has located all the GF entries in their various columns of various records which our Board wants me to use in an internal quot in-office quot database in order to keep track of what attributes actually were grandfathered originally as a reference for our field inspector when he inspects the townhomes But we also want to create an unassuming symbol on the report perhaps an or a something that will alert the inspector to an attribute that once was grandfathered on his field report This is to be done so that he will not be flying blind when he comes across a non-conforming attribute i e he will see the symbol amp know that that symbol means there used to be a quot GF quot in it s place BUT we want to move that symbol to a different column a column labeled quot Comments quot I could run the Find amp Replace function find all the GF s amp replace them with a Y but that symbol would go right back in the very same column that the GF came out of So is there a way to find all the GF s in one column amp replace them w a Y in that same column but have a symbol quot quot appear in another column of the same record I know it sounds complicated but can it be done Thanks mark man Access nbsp

A:Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column)

see attached. But actually getting that data back to the table, if that is what you want, is a bit trickier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-replace-but-replace-in-a-different-column.709333/
Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason W7 has decided to change 'Copy and Replace' with 'Move and Replace' when picking a file up with the left mouse and dragging it to another folder where an old version of the file exists.

My Excel SS is in two places: My desktop and USB which I use for backup. I would simply open the folder on the USB pick up the file on the desktop with the left mouse and drag it to the USB folder. Then I would get the message 'Copy and Replace'.. But not anymore it's become 'Move and Replace'.

I know I can 'Copy and Replace' by holding down the Ctrl key but I dont want to.

It looks like there should be a simple answer

Can anyone help? I swear I didnt change anything.

A:How can I 'Copy and Replace' not 'Move and Replace'.

Hi,
Have you ever tried right click drag and drop ?
There will be a list option after you drop,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334529-how-can-i-copy-replace-not-move-replace.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have Ecobyte find not replace Need utility and robust Replace - a 2.2 text but Text Like a TON of text based INI files for our companies software deployment scripts We also have a TON of people who use different ways to deploy the same software On one server alone we can have a bunch of different ways people install E G msiexec exe quiet norestart i dfs dfsshare SAV Symant msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt server Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not share WIN Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt msiexec exe quiet norestart i server share SAV WIN Symantec Client Security msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt dfs dfsshare SAV Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt and so on down the line I LIKE the abilities of Ecobyte Replace Text but the problem is I have to type in the whole line as it is in the file to then replace it with the new one for the new deployment What I want to do is have a search based on PART of the line so I can then put in Symant msi and Symantec Client Security msi and replace the ENTIRE line with a new line Is there any multi file utility that allows you to search for part of a text line but replace the entire text line nbsp

A:Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-robust-text-find-and-replace-utility-like-ecobyte-replace-text-2-2-but-not.837870/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok now its been a while since my pc has not been working Ive had it for just over a year now One day i turned it on and it would get to the Bios splash page but it would not go any further There were no beeps nothing All fans run and from what i remember hard drives would start spinning too I thought maybe it was a replace that replace.. is the To to or question. not PSU problem as the PSU would have very subtle flickering sounds almost like sparking cables However after taking the PSU to a technician they said it was working fine This cost me AUD What he then told me was that it may be the mobo But before i go and send it to a proper technician and fork out X amount of money id like to get your opinion As i mentioned above The pc turns on doesnt boot past the BIOS splash screen and just stays there There are odd noises from the PSU Here is my setup ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon PC- x gb CAS To replace or not to replace.. that is the question. Corsair DDR mem Radeon X GTO Iceturbo Thermaltake w power supply Maxtor gb Maxline III WD Raptor GB Creative Audigy ZS I have not had the guts to take anything out and test them individually But has anyone had or heard of this problem before What could it be about the motherboard that would also make the PSU make that noise Is it just a safety mechanism of the PSU SOS nbsp

A:To replace or not to replace.. that is the question.

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

Test the RAM sticks individually. One of them might be bad. You can use Memtest86 to try them out.

Also, try them in different memory slots. That sometimes helps.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Great thread title

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-replace-or-not-to-replace-that-is-the-question.75301/
Relevancy 35.69%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

A:Random Hardware Remove/Hardware Insert sounds causing major problems

Hello Duke1401.
Could you please give details of any USB Devices you may have inserted?

Thanks,
Jordan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems-98688.html
Relevancy 35.69%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems.462910/
Relevancy 35.69%

I m having some real issues with my Dell XPS and I m desperately seeking help I m running WinXP Pro and this Check - Call Solved: Vendor Parity HELP? Support Hardware - for Hardware Malfunction your pc is only about months old It has the original factory installed ram gig a gig hard drive and the processor is an Intel ViiV I Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check have been getting a blue error screen with Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check Vendor for Support - Parity Check Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check Memory Parity Error - System was halted that lasted for a few hours I had to hold the power button in for several seconds each time to shut it down I ran both the Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic tests as well as the Memtest each several times The results were always quot no memory errors quot I attempted a few times unsucessfully using the F key to reach the Acronis recovery partition I booted using my XP disk but was unable to re-install Windows would begin to load and then the blue screen with the same error message would occur Finally I was able to access the Acronis recovery manager and restore my pc but on reboot it began to run ChkDsk Now it keeps rebooting and running a new disk check over and over and over I have tried to cancel the ChkDsk using the keyboard but it keeps running I m at a loss as to what else if anything I can do besides ripping my hair out by the roots nbsp

A:Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check

UPDATE: I was waiting for the Dell hardware diagnostics test results to finish. It took several hours and basically the same result as the memory tests. No hardware failure, I'm thinking motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-hardware-malfunction-call-your-hardware-vendor-for-support-parity-check.653094/
Relevancy 35.26%

Dear sir, I wanted to know if my NIC has HW support for PTPv2 protocol(IEEE 1588) and hardware time stamping . I also wanted more details on the network interface that i haveThank You in advance for any help 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Network-Interface-Card-has-the-hardware-support-for-Hardware/td-p/5742375
Relevancy 35.26%

Got an HP Envy CTO loaded at the time Quad core Radeon HD M etc Well the other day the thing blue screened but froze Which ... hardware malfunction preventing boot. System hardware during that process and the graphics glitches during that screen Corruption and blocks appeared and System hardware malfunction preventing boot. Which hardware ... disappeared I was forced to shut it down during the blue screen as something big wasn't working during the crash dump process it stood at Upon restart the unit screen doesn't turn on and no noises are made like beeps indicating an issue The Bluray makes its usual prep sounds it does at every start up It sits with a blank screen that doesn't even appear to be powered on The only other indicator is the caps lock key flashes a few times and goes off then flashes a few times and goes off repeating this sitting there What part likely died on this sucker CPU Dram Motherboard Graphics card How can I trouble shoot it if it doesn't power on While it sits there various LEDs on the keyboard are on as said Caps lock flashing Power LED on I think the wireless LED is on too The HP envy light on the hood is also on nbsp Coming here for tips because I do self repair No warranty I will purchase the required part and self install like I always do for my laptops

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-hardware-malfunction-preventing-boot-Which-hardware/td-p/5702270
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a Dell dimension with Windows XP service pack Now at boot-up I get Hardware Hardware Wizard Setup Wants To Unknown a hardware wiazard attempting to install drivers for unknown hardware I lauch the Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware wizard and it finds Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware nothing I insert my Canon cd with drivers and it still finds nothing Under Printers my printer is on lpt online and the default printer Under device manager it shows unknown devices in yellow with yellow marks I have disabled and deleted these and they comeback each time the hardware wizard runs The com and ecp printer devices all show that they are working properly I have deleted and attempted to reinstall software drivers The installation process halts when the system attempts to ping the printer and determines that there is no connection between the desktop and the printer I have rebooted the system and printer I have checked the cable I have tried using all of the usb ports on the pc I have swapped the cable out and tried a new cable Bottom line Windows says that the com and lpt ports are working I have checked connections Is my controller card shot and windows doesn t realize that its dead Or is there a registry issue since I had this spyware trojan virus Any ideas I have the answer for getting rid of the spy crusher virus if you are infected with the spycrusher Virus malware The same hardware wizard routine kicks off for the hardware wizard whether or not the printers are connected or not I have stopped and restarted the spooler as well I m Stuck on a treadmill just lkie the TV commercial Babyboomer

A:Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware

You might want to look at the Device Manager to see what type of device it is listed under. To access this follow these instructions:

Right Click MY COMPUTER
Select PROPERTIES
Click HARDWARE tab
Select DEVICE MANAGER
See what the Device Manager recognizes the device as.
Go to Dell.com and seach up the drivers for your computer.
If nothing else works, try installing all the drivers, Windows will tell you if the driver will work or not. Good luck and post results plz.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97017/hardware-wizard-wants-to-setup-unknown-hardware/
Relevancy 34.4%

All:

When I reboot my laptop, I get a message that new hardware has been found, however, I do not have anything attached to the laptop. How can I get rid of those anoying messages?
Thanks!!!

Relevancy 34.4%

Let me put this way I have a medium-ranged machine that can support pretty much all bad Cause hardware acting Good Unknown like hardware. major applications and games out there With the exception of those high-end games that have recently released However for some unknown reason there have been games in wich i have had a few issues Here s what s constantly happening - Whenever i look at more graphically detailed areas in certain games the entire response time slows down The game runs slow basically And of course if i move my mouse to areas that are not as detailed it all responds flawlessly Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause during those few seconds - And now for the strangest part Whenever i m in servers with alot of people the issues mentioned above tend to happen very frequently and of course when i m in Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause servers with - people or so Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause the issues mentioned above never happen I have no idea why this has been happening I Cleaned my computer properly I do virus checks every now and then I have recently de-fraged my Hard Drive I Clean up cookies temporary files etc Here s what i think It most certainly isn t the graphics card s problem as even when i put my settings in games all on the lowest ones possible this includes resolution I still have the issues mentioned above But that s just a guess I m not sure what could be doing this CPU maybe The fact that my Computer s drive is nearly at it s maxed capacity I tend to install alot of things could a nearly filled hard-drive be causing this Internet Connection I m running out of answers Would a complete Hard-Drive Format help Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everybody :

I've been looking at some hardware for my computer...as spare parts. I need some advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard, that uses an Intel Core i3 processor LGA 1155 , Corsair 2Gb (takes two chips) DDR3 PC10600 1333Mhz. I purchased all this around the same time.....July 2013. The computer is still functioning okay (a few "bumps" here and there). Usually, under, at least, fair conditions, how long SHOULD the memory last? Before it goes bad ? And the same question for the processor ? I'd like to be able to get some spare parts, just in case. In a last case scenario, I would probably have to do it all over again.......the MOBO, Processor and memory.
garystan

A:Computer Hardware [moved to Hardware>Building]

RAM and Processors don't wear out or fail due to time. RAM can fail for many reasons but if it is currently functioning there's no reason it won't continue to run forever. Things that could kill ram are failing power supply, voltage issues on the motherboard, power surges, static charges, etc. Processors are even more resilient. If the processor is run withing specified parameters it will run forever.

It's much more likely for a hard drive to fail. Motherboards can fail for many of the same reasons that RAM can fail. In all my time building and using computers, I've never had RAM fail or a CPU fail but I have had motherboards or components of the board fail and certainly hard drives have failed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/computer-hardware-1070970.html
Relevancy 33.54%

guys does the hardware needed for networking :
NIC's and router.

do the job of connecting to the internet also?
if not what other hardware is needed cause i wanna network(2 pc's) and use internet .

A:Network hardware does the job for internet hardware?

You need an ISP (Internet Service Provider), and a link to your site. How the ISP provides the connection is determined by what kind of service you have, probably a broadband modem of some sort. If you already have broadband Internet, you have equipment to connect to the Internet.

Please tell us make/model of any existing equipment, and we'll go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-hardware-does-the-job-for-internet-hardware.536378/
Relevancy 33.54%

ok the specs of the machine are AMD athlon xp mb is a gigabyte vt -rz mb ram in the last slots watt psu a maxtor gig hdd a cdrw lite on and a cdrom only the floppy cdrom and hard drive are hooked up all on there own cable with only one device on each the cdrw is failing to read disks at the moment although it worked earlier today ok the problem comes in when I try to fdisk the drive I have jumpered it to master and cable select both only let me see gigs of the gig drive to fdisk if I say I dont want the maximum it says it has gigs but I can only fdisk gigs though there are no other partitions the first time I fdisked hardware possible from issue...[moved hardware] it showed all gigs but since then it only shows possible hardware issue...[moved from hardware] or depending on what I am doing atm the hdd has the dos system files on so it can boot but that is all any suggestions would be great Derrick

A:possible hardware issue...[moved from hardware]

just curious how is this an win XP issue when I am not even getting to the point of installing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-hardware-issue-moved-from-hardware-177370.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello after I rebooted my computer something odd happened Windows said that new hardware was found when I didn t do anything to the computer I can t install no but hardware New added help. Hardware please new Found drivers for this thing because I have no idea what it is Looking at the device manager I see that it says its listed as PCI Input Device amd the properties for it states PCI Slot PCI bus device function This device is not configured correctly Code The Device Manager also has another device listed as an error the port of my Sound Blaster Audigy Card The properties of the Net Adapter states This device cannot start Code This device used New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help. to be working perfectly before the new PCI Input Device was found and oddly its name has changed It used to be called quot Net Adapter quot but now its name is quot New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help. Net Adapter quot as if I took out the old one and added a new one Does anyone know what is going on I haven t done anything to this computer and now these problems show up Thanks Hank nbsp

A:New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help.

Does anybody know what's going on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hardware-found-but-no-new-hardware-added-please-help.369102/
Relevancy 33.11%

I m facing hardware Video video stop working with Error-A ur Windows problem Hardware to caused this video hardware error from last week in my HP G Tx Video Hardware Error-A problem with ur video hardware caused Windows to stop working Laptop Laptop Cooling fan is working Ok Video Hardware Error-A problem with ur video hardware caused Windows to stop working no Abnormal sound I have installed TechPowerUP GPU Z to check GPU Temperature Min Temp - gt degree centigrade Avg Temp- gt degree centigrade Max Tamp - gt degree centigrade I m attaching follwing file WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton AntiVirus Updated and Enabled Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP B C F BCP FC B BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product nbsp

A:Video Hardware Error-A problem with ur video hardware caused Windows to stop working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-hardware-error-a-problem-with-ur-video-hardware-caused-windows-to-stop-working.1094642/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello On occasion over the past days my Windows -Win k machine has had some wierd output on the screen when it boots up It looks like bad Satelight reception This happens before Win k boots up so I know it is not a OS thing also because I did a system wipe The only other time this happend to me was when I got my Win machine and had to send it back The Win Possible failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help failure?! please+hardware hardware box had a intergrated AGP built into motherboard card so I had to send the entire Possible hardware failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help please+hardware failure?! thing I tried my screen on my Win machine with the monitor and it works fine every time My system is new The parts were sitting around for a long while but they we not removed from the boxes a few times but that was over months ago What could be the possible problem s I don t have much money to work with so what should I do Help TY nbsp

A:Possible hardware failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help please+hardware failure?!

You might try re-seating your video card. AGP cards tend to be a bit tricky; even a small point of non-contact can create havoc. If you have access to another video card, you can try swapping video cards and see if the problem goes away. I suppose cable connections are also a possibility, although I have never seen the symptoms you describe with a loose cable.

Are you able to boot into Windoze (sorry, I couldn't tell for sure from your post)? If so, any video-related problems there?

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-hardware-failure-screen-mobo-videocard-help-please-hardware-failure.71356/
Relevancy 31.39%

Since recently acquiring my new er computer I have had a quot safely remove hardware quot icon in the task tray that I cannot remove or get to operate successfully I have attached screen capture shots of the windows that appear when I attempt to remove this quot hardware quot and the icon The upshot of the problem is that whenever I ve attempted to quot stop quot the hardware I always get a message saying quot The device cannot be stopped now Try stopping the device again later The device which you can see in the attached screen shots is described as quot generic volume quot with what appears to be some form of identification number If or (safely hardware) remove Cannot taskbar associated hardware icon remove anyone can tell me what this little rascal is and or how I can remove it and the icon from the taskbar I d appreciate it P Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware S - I ve newly learned that this quot device quot with it s Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware icon in the system tray is the hard drive by comparing the associated ID indicated in the quot properties quot window with the hard drive in the device manager window I certainly don t want to remove the hard Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware drive but does anyone know why an icon for this device would appear in the taskbar or know how to remove the icon only nbsp

A:Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-remove-taskbar-safely-remove-hardware-icon-or-associated-hardware.760199/
Relevancy 30.96%

Dear Sirs I keep getting the new hardware wizard at start up I downloaded the Hijack this and attached is the log I hope you can help the New Hardware calls itself pcdr driver I hae run the norton spyware detector the xoft spy detector spyware begone as well as the zonelabs All spies detected were deleted new wizard I new have no but hardware hardware however the problem still persists Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT system new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware spoolsv exe C WINNT System cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system cidaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NAVW EXE C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dslstart verizon net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKCU Run Spyware Begone quot C spywarebegone SpywareBeGone exe quot -FastScan O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINNT System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for bcf C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPBelv dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF C - E - D - - ED Support com ActionRunner Class - http help rr com Foundrysdccommon ad tgctlar cab O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site I ve HS live cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http support gateway com support p PCPitStop CAB O - DPF - B- D - EAC- C D CF iPIX ActiveX Control - http www ipix com viewers ipixx cab O - DPF D - A - D - E- C DA A E AimSp Class - http makeover substance com save makeover cab O - DPF F F C E- F - BC- D- C FE LSSupCtl Class - https www-secure symantec com tech l LSSupCtl cab O - DPF F -AB - A - D- F D A ChainCast VMR Client Proxy - http downloads ccpm cab O - DPF E- - F -B E- CD A C C ICSScannerLight Class - http download zonelabs com bin free cm ICSCM cab O - DPF B CD - E - D - ... Read more

A:new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware

FYI : Spyware Begone - is rogueware or known to be rogureware in the past. http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

This may be a question for the Windows Forum????

Perform an online scan in Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
Click on the Scan your PC button & a 'pop up' window shall appear. * ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click On 'Scan Now'
Enter your e-mail address & click 'Scan Now' ...begins downloading Panda's ActiveX controls.- 8MB
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer
* You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Click on see report
Then click Save report
Post the contents of the report in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-hardware-wizard-but-i-have-no-new-hardware-73256.html
Relevancy 30.96%

System has been running fine for some time. Today I start it up and it has an issue with "new hardware installation". Nothing has changed since yesterday. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A:New hardware failure...but no new hardware.

Welcome to SF.

I have seen new hardware identified as a result of updating the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136157-new-hardware-failure-but-no-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 30.96%

REMOVED FROM WEBSITE

Regards,
alienware

A:Hardware and Hardware OS Compatibility

Who is your target audiance for that?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236486-hardware-hardware-os-compatibility.html
Relevancy 30.96%

i have put together a new pc put of these parts

AMD 64 x2 athlon 5600+, Asus Crosshair motherboard, EZ cool power supply 550W on the 12v it has 36 amp, and i have got a Geforce BFG 8800 GTS OC graphic card, 2 gb of DDR2 elixir brand,

the problem is when i try to boot it up nothing appears on my screen i dont know what the problem could be, checked all connection everything is connected, including power to the graphic card, maybe it could be DDR or Power supply or simply my grapgic card faulty??

thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 30.96%

I was sitting idle on Saturday evening and this thought came in my mind. In what ways PC hardware is different from MAC?

I am aware that Apple makes their software compatible with their hardware and they mostly use other companies hardware in their machines. Then, what is the reason why Mac is soooo expensive as compared to Windows? also, how MAC is able to provide such an amazing OS?

A:In what way mac hardware differs from PC hardware?

The base system of an Apple computer is the same basic system as a PC, and since they stopoped using Motorola CPUs and started using Intel platforms there is practically no difference in the hardware.

Amazingly (to folks like me) their newest systems are consistently older in terms of hardware (CPU) platform.

They get a (significant) premium for their brand. People are willing to fork over almost double the money to obtain the real (and somewhat perceived) benefit of a problem and (relatively) maintenance free system.
Apple computers achieve their stability because they are a closed system. You cannot (easily) modify the system or the "BIOS", and the operating system is designed only to run in that strict environment. There is not an awful lot you can do to tweak and reconfigure an Apple OS. If someone hasn't written an Apple approved program to do what you want then you just can't do it.

PC's by design are highly user configurable. The Windows operating system is also extremely configurable, being capable of running on thousands of different PC hardware configurations, running thousands of different specialized, independently produced programs, etc. This complexity and configurability comes at a price: more user maintenance and knowledge needed.

People are willing to pay a lot more to avoid doing any work, or to have to learn anything about computers. Windows has always been the SUV of computer systems. Mac has always been more like a 2-seater sports car.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290738-what-way-mac-hardware-differs-pc-hardware.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello after I rebooted my computer something odd happened Windows said that new hardware was found when I didn t do anything to the computer I can t install drivers for this thing because I have no idea what it is Looking at the device manager I see that it says its listed as PCI Input Device amd the properties for it states PCI Slot PCI bus device function This device is not configured correctly Code The but new no help hardware Hardware please New Found Device Manager also New Hardware Found but no new hardware please help has another device listed as an error the port of my Sound Blaster Audigy Card The properties of the Net Adapter states This device cannot start Code This device used to be working perfectly before the new PCI Input Device was found and oddly its name has changed It used to be called quot Net Adapter quot but now its name is quot Net Adapter quot as if I took out the old one and added a new one Does anyone know what is going on I haven t done anything to this computer and now these problems show up Thanks New Hardware Found but no new hardware please help Hank nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

THIS IS THE ERROR THAT I GET. ANY HELP CAN DEF. BE USED.
the tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed. please ensure that both the tuner hardware and a valid tuner hardware driver are installed.

A:the tuner hardware is either malfunctioning or not installed. please ensure that both the tuner hardware and a valid tuner har...

System manufacturer and model? If custom-built, motherboard manufacturer and model.

You have no sound?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193780/the-tuner-hardware-is-either-malfunctioning-or-not-installed-please-ensure-that-both-the-tuner-hardware-and-a-valid-tuner-hardware-driver-are-instal/
Relevancy 30.53%

Does HP provide a adapter so a 2.5 inch SSD will fit in a mechanical HD slot or can you recommend a part available from another provider?

A:Replace HD with SSD

Hi, There are hundreds of similar products around:     http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=2.5+to+3.5+caddy&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313&ul_noapp=true Please check good computer shops in your area. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-HD-with-SSD/td-p/5818072
Relevancy 30.53%

HELLO,I WANT TO REPLACE THE LEFT COOLING FAN FOR PAVILLION G6-1230SJBOUGHT IN ISRAEL.I NEED THE PART DETAILS AND NUMBER.THANK YOU,MOSHE

A:Replace a FAN

Dear Customer,  FAN Part number: Fan (available separately) - 639460-001 Please contact HP worldwide using the below link:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-a-FAN/td-p/5813557
Relevancy 30.53%

how do i replace all the name edward with joyce in DOS on my computer?

A:how to replace one name with another in DOS o

This is the Win2000 forum but you listed XP as your OS. What exactly are you trying to change & why do you want to do it from DOS?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/how-to-replace-one-name-with-another-in-dos-o/66158.html
Relevancy 30.53%

To begin with I ssd, everything as Replace it is? keep wasnt sure if this topic should go to the hardware subforum or here so please move if you deem it neccessary So the story is I have a gb ssd drive Replace ssd, keep everything as it is? for my windows installation win pro x Although Replace ssd, keep everything as it is? I am keeping every possible software installed in my D drive after years of use the ssd drive is getting very low on space I am constantly removing useless stuff and regularly declutter it but still Right now there are only gb of free space and since I ll be needing to install Visual studio soon I ll need at least - gb more So the question is is there a way to change the drive but still keep everything as it is without the need of a clean install Would an application like norton's ghost do the trick sorry if ghost is obsolete for the past years but that was the last time I needed something like it Thanks a lot John

A:Replace ssd, keep everything as it is?

Why dont you get an external hardrive and move everything over to that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563195/replace-ssd-keep-everything-as-it-is/
Relevancy 30.53%

I did a boneheaded move and damaged my CPU processor while I was cleaning my desktop When I pulled the heatsink out it took my CPU with it and damaged a pin Since it is damaged I am looking to replace it with the same or one that is slightly upgraded Question Since my current CPU is damaged Can I replace it with one that is better This is what I currently have Now don t laugh cause its a very old system I am looking to give it to a friend for him and his family to Want CPU to replace the use since they dont have a computer I Want to replace the CPU have upgraded the RAM added a secondary Hard drive graphics card sound card and wireless adapter Compaq Presario US Watt Motherboard - Intel Pentium Socket SDRAM MHz CPU SL x General information Type CPU Microprocessor Family Intel Pentium Part number RK PC G K Frequency GHz Bus speed MHz Clock multiplier Package type -pin FC-PGA Socket type Socket mPGA B nbsp

A:Want to replace the CPU

I believe that that MB only supports P4's. I have a box full of them in my shop. If you want, i can check and see if I have a replacement in working order for you. IF..I do, you are welcomed to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-replace-the-cpu.160990/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I installed Win 8 Pro on an old laptop with Win 7 32-bit (dual boot configuration), I do not remember seeing an option for installing either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 8. My System shows I have 64-bit and I am having trouble locating video drivers for my 6 year old Toshiba Satellite laptop. I found people with a similar problem on an NVidia forum and they put together a 32-bit driver version that supposedly works. I did not mean to install the 64-bit version. Is there a way to do a reinstall, but this time select Win 8 32-bit? Is there an option for it If I just do a clean reinstall?

A:How to replace Win 8 Pro 64-bit with Win 8 Pro 32-bit?

Hello Stan, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The installation of either a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 8 is dependent on if the installation media is 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you like, you can use the tutorial below to download a 32-bit Windows 8 ISO file from within any 32-bit Windows computer that you can use to create a bootable installation DVD or USB with.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20777-how-replace-win-8-pro-64-bit-win-8-pro-32-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently RAM? Need replace to built a co-worker a computer with parts from Tiger Direct I had everything up and running and made sure the BIOS was updated Need to replace RAM? and dropped it off to her She calls me up saying that It keeps BSOD ing I take it back to try and figure it out I thought at first it may be printer drivers she installed or her antivirus I was not able to save that version of windows because it was stuck in the windows startup recovery loop and could not fix the problem I installed a fresh copy of Vista Home Premium bit to another HDD to make sure the HDD was good I know who uses vista right the disk was sitting on my desk and was convenient haha I Need to replace RAM? waited for about hours and nothing until it randomly Blue Screened once I ve ran memtest and it found no errors Here s what I got Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode c a BCP F D C BCP C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Any ideas guys Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need to replace RAM?

You can boot from the Vista DVD and run the Memory Test to see if it has any memory errors. From there you can decide if you need to replace the RAM. You could also reseat the RAM (take it out, put it back in making sure it is in good).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-replace-ram.943822/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all,

I've got a little bit of a dilemma here, I've got a 3.5year old Dell 8300 with the following specs:

3GHz P4
1GB Ram
X700 Pro
225W PSU (or thats what i suspect)
Ive got a standard PCI slot.

The issue is whether to replace whole thing and get Kentfield extreme with 8800GTX obviously spend will be around 1800 for base unit or to replace graphics card (and probably PSU) and wait for Yorkfield chips later in the year, which are expected to be cheaper to produce with more speed and lower power consumption. It's just id like to play some games even with minimal detail during the year (well except Crysis which would give my system processor failure just at the sight of the box).

What would people recommend and on graphics card front what replacement would offer best value for money given my system.

Many Thanks

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I am planning to purchase HP Envy 15-AE116TX and upgrade the hard drive from HDD to SSD. I will buy the SSD separately.  However, so as not to void the warranty, I should take it to HP service center and let them do the job. My question is, how much should I pay for the service? I have been calling HP service center hotline (02) 867-3551 and even the direct line to Makati service center (02) 888-6100 but nobody dared to pick up the phone. Is this the kind of after sales service that HP offers? Anyways, I am willing to go to service center but I would like to know exactly how much they will charge me.  And I have to make sure that it won't void the warranty of the laptop. Hoping for your immediate response.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-HDD-to-SSD/td-p/5637607
Relevancy 30.53%

I Don't Have A Disc For Installing Windows Xpi Have Windows Xp Pro On My Dell Laptop Now. I Just Don't Like It. How Can I Go To Xp Without A Disc? Thanks

A:Want To Replace Xp Pro With Just Xp

Quote:

Originally Posted by prissyellowsmom

I Don't Have A Disc For Installing Windows Xpi Have Windows Xp Pro On My Dell Laptop Now. I Just Don't Like It. How Can I Go To Xp Without A Disc? Thanks

Hello prissyellowsmom, Welcome to TSF!

Without a Retail version of a Windows? XP Home? SP2 CD, there is absolutely nothing you can do.
The only solution would be to go to a reputable Computer Store and purchase one.

Sorry there's no magical cure.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/want-to-replace-xp-pro-with-just-xp-247830.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have Windows 64 Bit installed on an SSD Drive. I am running out of Disk space. I have heard that I can make a Image of my existing SSD and import into a new SSD. How do I do this?

A:Replace SSD

Go into control panel>backup and restore and save a disk image to your internal hard drive or an external hard drive. replace the ssd, then just use your windows install disc to put the image back on the new ssd. It`s that easy.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

Welcome to the Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278335-replace-ssd.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a new 400w psu with my new case. (my mother board had been flakey with lower watt models and wanted to be safe.) It runs great however the fan is a little loud and I'm looking to quiet it down. I was going to replace it with an Enermax 80mm since they're speed ajustable and quiet. I don't come close to using all the connectors provided. I run a CDR, DVD, HDD, floppy and two case fans off of it. Would it be safe to replace it with a potentially lower RPM model like the enermax?

A:replace psu fan?

If you want the power you are going to have to put up with the noise , and the heat . the pentioms caust whay more then the athalons but the one biggy is heat . you gotta cool the **** outa those athalons .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-psu-fan.87957/
Relevancy 30.53%

the fan is very noisy specially when i run graphic rich applications like games or flash files.
can i replace it with a new one that is more quite and more powerful.

Relevancy 30.53%

Have a friend with a 9-month-old Dell Inspiron laptop who's had nothing but problems with Win XP. We've deleted the main partition and reinstalled XP, but problem (inability to maintain a modem connection) persists. It may be just a bad modem, and Dell is sending a new one, but he just doesn't like XP, and asked if it's possible to put Win 98 on the computer. I use Win 98, so am not familiar with XP, but know that XP uses NTFS instead of a FAT, and can't find anything that says whether or not it's possible to reformat the drive for a FAT-based Win 98 system. Is it, and if so, how (i.e., can I just boot to the command prompt, type "format c:", and hit enter)?

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I have a question with E-mail.
I was wondering if after the 2 years I've had this computer if I should change from my Yahoo! & Gmail accounts to Windows Mail, if that's possible.
What are the pro's and con's of switching to Windows Mail?

A:Should I Replace...

Hi Rance, I am unsure about Yahoo but you can access Gmail via Windows Mail. To use Windows mail you still need a provider whether it be your internet provider or the likes of Gmail so i dont see any reason to change anything except enabling your provider from within Windows mail. Here is a tutorial on enabling pop gmail within windows mail
Windows Mail - Gmail Help

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/258536-should-i-replace.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Should i replace my 3 month old power supply? I have no issues with it, but am a little worried because it was a "cheap" one.

Its a HEC/ winpower 850 watt.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETAIL-BOXED-...s_EH?hash=item20ac760353&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ive read a few reviews about HEC power supplys in general and they seem to get pretty good reviews. My pc needs around 575 watts to run according to my gpu manual. Does anyone have any experience with this brand??

Thanks in advance!

A:Replace new PSU?

If I remember, it is not all that good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-new-psu.134928/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI iv noticed recently my psu fan does'nt spin on start up, despite the pc starting up normally and working fine.

Sometime i turn off and on then the fan will work also.

Do you think i need to replace my PSU or could it be something else?

A:Should I replace my PSU?

What is the make and model? This is not sounding good what you describe. A good working PSU is the backbone of any system.

Give us the rest of your system hardware including make and model of your motherboard, amount of RAM installed, harddrive and video card. This will help us help you if you feel you need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-replace-my-psu.135404/
Relevancy 30.53%

After a series of unstable voltage problem, I couldn?t get into Windows normally (only got into the desktop once, yet shut down within a second following a warning message), so I loaded a Windows CD to the blue Windows Setup stage, I got a message saying ?File setupdd.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 4.? I restarted, I then got ?System 32\DRIVERS\pci.sys is damaged or missing.? in a dark screen. Is my disk still OK? Do I need to replace the HD? Thanks for the answer!

A:Do I need to replace the HD?

Maybe not. Lets focus on your "low voltage problem". Bad power can cause data corruption. Bad power can also permanently kill off hardware, such as a hard drive. We need to first establish if you solved your power issues, and how.

Did you replace the Power Supply? If so, please post manufacturer, model # and rated power output of your current PSU. If not, post the voltages as reported in BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/do-i-need-to-replace-the-hd-672616.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I need some suggestions on a replacment MOBO for a buggy NF S G I have had it for aprox months and it has always given me problems After searching the net and forums I can find no answers to my latest problem which is the l cache being disabled on the processor I have worked for days on it and no l cache Abit forums has a posted thread on this issue and we all seem to be praying for an answer I called NF7 S2G? Replace Microcenter and they have offered me a in store credit and I Replace NF7 S2G? wanted to get a good socket A MOBO that would last at least the general yr warranty any help would be apreciated Athlon XP Barton Mhz NF -S G ver X MB Mushkin PC DDR - - - Nvidia GeForce MX MB GB Maxtor HDD rpm mb GB Maxtor HDD rpm mb FDD TSSTcorp CD DVDW dual layer DiabloTek ATX Mid tower case w mm fan wPSU EnerMax X ultimate fan controller ViewSonic GS- nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-nf7-s2g.330966/
Relevancy 30.53%

So my GPU has been buzzing a lot lately My graphics card is a MSI Radeon series The cause is the fan and I know because it s happened to me before with an GPU my Help me fan replace older card I need to replace this fan but I don t know what to purchase what would be compatible and what would fit The original fan is the same model as this one I found on ebay except mine doesn t have the yellow cable Mine has the same model number Help me replace my GPU fan and the sticker was exactly identical to that one the only difference being Help me replace my GPU fan it has one red and one black cable minus the yellow one So what size of fan do I need and how can I make sure the holes for the screws are going to be the right distance apart What kind of fan will not begin buzzing after long term use This one says it s a quot sleeve bearing quot and I d like to try and stay away from that if I can Thank you Also I could not for the life of me remove the fan s power cable from the card When the time comes any tips for that nbsp

A:Help me replace my GPU fan

I would remove the fan then see if you can match the size with this or similar from Ebay :- http://www.ebay.com/itm/65mm-DC-12V...491634?hash=item3aafbcd672:g:-rYAAOxyzfNRyFhK

You will have to match the electrical connector as well so check how many pins are in the board socket.
You may have to use some force to disconnect the present fan's power cable from the GPU board.
It is a plug/socket connection isn't it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-replace-my-gpu-fan.1162680/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Dell desktop with XP from 2005. Should I replace it now? And does that mean a new computer?

A:Necessary to replace xp?

XP will still work ok it will be less secure, and if you were going to replace I would consider a new pc yours is 9 years old so drivers for a newer operating system could be a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/necessary-to-replace-xp-813962.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to change my HDD to a solid state HDD but cannot find a manual

A:replace HDD

Dear Customer, Please go through the below Maintenance and Service Guide.http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04341736    Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/replace-HDD/td-p/5837202
Relevancy 30.53%

Friends computer Windows XP Home She s been having trouble with it restarting on her a bunch lately but she was always able to at least get to the Desktop before it rebooted without any error message or countdown like the blaster countdown When I was finally able to take a look at the computer it won t even get to the windows loading screen I m thinking the HDD is dead or not able to boot from some reason The drive will not boot Gives a blue error message after the bios POST Bios can check the drive and it fails I tried putting a disc in which I thought was a bootable PartitionMagic disc but it s not booting to it So I ll try using a bootable copy of Partition Magic and see what HDD? I just this replace Should it is before we buy a new drive Any ideas If the drive is not bootable now is it worth trying the PartitionMagic disc I m sure the disc I put in before was just a backupdisc that wasn t bootable and had the program s setupfiles on it Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi......simple question i have a hp pav 8984 with a cd burner......sometimes when i use the burner the computer turns of for no apparent reason..the i have to wait a few hours before i can switch it back on.....but i've been thinking i dont hear the fan anymore and at the back it gets a bit hot....should i replace the fan???? probably a stupid question....but could be something totally different...

A:Do i need to replace the fan????

Which fan?

If its the power supply fan, its essential. If you cook the power supply, the HP only replacements are very expensive, and standard ones usually do not fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-to-replace-the-fan.287167/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I have a Sleekbook and I wanted to change the hard drive to an SSD(128Gb)HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b005elProduct Number:C5R40EA#ABZREV:1900-100What is best kit for upgrade ?Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Replace hdd with SDD

See the following video list for removal and replacement of the hard disk. ( hard drive assembly)http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=10862166&MEID=9E11075D-744F-4986-ACA1-547A14CA1B03 What you will need is a SATA mobile 2.5" SSD to replace the legacy spinner hard wisk with. I highly recommend that you replace it by cloning the current disk to the new one.  That is the simplest method. See the sticky I created  in this section  of the forum for details on how that is done.http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-upgrade-your-notebook-to-a-SATA-2-5-quot-SSD/td-p/4563352/jump-to/first-unread-message An SSD of 256 GB or higher capacity is recommended as a replacement for the legacy hard disk currently installed. An SSD of 256 GB or higher capacity will allow for use of the Recovery media that you created with the HP Recovery Media Creator utility. See the following links at NewEgg.com to see what will work. You can only use SATA, SATAII and SATAIII interface SSD disks. None of the other interface types are compatible with your notebook's systemboard and BIOS !!! http://www.newegg.com/Internal-SSDs/SubCategory/ID-636?Tid=11693  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-hdd-with-SDD/td-p/5640368
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently had to take Os...... Hdd And Had The To Replace my new computer into the manufactures service office And they had to replace the HDD and install all the OS etc I am as before using Windows XP Pro Media Edition in the past before having the HDD problem I use to be able to Had To Replace The Hdd And Os...... access my on line bank account web page with no problem The web site was in my internet options trusted sites and it would access the banks SSL bit Encryption with no problems Now I come to use my computer after putting the banks web site address into the Trusted sites option when I try to access the bank web site it accesses it Ok but will Not open the web page all it say s in the bottom left hand of the screen is Done I have not as yet made any alterations to the new settings in the internet options As I did in the past could this not being able to access the bank web site be any Thing to do with all the internet options being set at default if so any ideas what needs to be altered with the internet options settings to enable me to access my bank account again I have followed the instructions at the Microsoft web site http Had To Replace The Hdd And Os...... support microsoft com kb but still no luck any one got an Idea what to do next please Thanks Mypenry

A:Had To Replace The Hdd And Os......

What is the URL? Does the bank's webpage require Java?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74462/had-to-replace-the-hdd-and-os/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, On my motherboard this morning when removing a faulty graphics card, the little white clamp at the end of the pci express slot broke. Is there anyway to replace or fix this? I was thinking of gluing it somehow but the last thing I need is for the glue to melt and cause more problems than it solved. If it involves sending it off to a technician does anyone know the avg cost to replace the white clamp or complete pci express slot? If you need more info on what type of pci-express slot it is it was holding a nvidia7900 gtx OC. I'm hoping I didn't just ruin the whole motherboard.

A:Anyway to fix/replace?

I don't think that can be fixed. I've never really seen this happen so I don't know for sure but I think u will need a new mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyway-to-fix-replace.60677/
Relevancy 30.53%

At random, XP will restart on its own. The computer was built less than 2 years ago and I'm not quite sure if it's a software or hardware issue. AMD 2600+, 1.9 ghz, 512mb RAM, windows XP, radeon 9600 graphics card.

I find the computer crashes when it's put under a heavy workload. For instance, I opened Spy Bot S&D to rule out any infections and within 30 seconds of running the application the computer restarted. This occured back to back just moments ago. Other times I am using WORD or browsing. This has been occuring for more than 4 months now.

I've ran a CPU application to max it out and again the computer restarts. It occurs everytime I run the program.

I also monitored my RAM while it performed and only 50% was being utilized.

How do I know it's the CPU and not the Motherboard or HD?

Thanks!

A:Do I need to replace my CPU?

Spobot Killed the Computer in the Den with the Fireplace Poker

This isn't "Clue" we're paying, you say?

Spybot uses 100% of the CPU. Your box could be entering thermal cutoff.
Use canned air to clean out the CPU/ heatsink, and just for good measure the rest of the insides as well.
Find out if your board has hardware monitoring and find what the critical zone temperatures are. You may have to install either the board manufacturers monitoring software or a utility like "Speedfan', available here at Techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-to-replace-my-cpu.96586/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI , system specs...
40 gig hard drive running XP pro in NTFS
2.4 ghz P4 processor
768 megs of DDR 333 ram
cd R and RW drive
dvd drive.
I am seriously thinking of buying a DVD burner today and am wondering if I should replace one of my optical drives or add it to this . If I add I will have three optical drives and one hard drive .. If I should replace one of the optical drives which one would you suggest and which would you place then as master /slave? Thank you for your suggestions ..

Relevancy 30.53%

Replace faulty HDD with a new 1TB replacement (same size - same brand).  Always get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot media..." all to no avail.  Doesn't matter if CD/DVD, external or HDD selected, same message.

A:Cannot replace HDD on TC-605

What operating system came pre-installed on your computer when you bought it? What operating system were you using when you had problems and had to replace your HDD? What BIOS version are you using? What recovery media did you insert in to the USB drive or DVD? Did you create the recovery media by using the link below? http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY3MTQ5NjU...  Or did you purchase the recovery media from Acer? http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/ Or are you using vanilla Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ Or are you using Windows 7?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Cannot-replace-HDD-on-TC-605/td-p/441321
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently had to take my new 128 now SSL the to HDD bit replace no had computer into the manufactures service office And they had to replace the HDD and install all the OS etc I am as before using Windows XP Pro Media Edition in the past before having the HDD problem I use to be able to access my on line bank account web page with no problem The web site was in my had to replace the HDD now no 128 bit SSL internet options trusted sites and it would access the banks SSL bit Encryption with no problems Now I come to use my computer after putting the banks web site address into the Trusted sites option when I try to access the bank web site it accesses it Ok but will Not open the web page all it say s in the bottom left hand of the screen is Done I have not as yet made any alterations to the new settings in the internet options As I did in the past could this not being able to access the bank web site be any Thing to do with all the internet options being set at default if so any ideas what needs to be altered with the internet options settings to enable me to access my bank account again I have followed the instructions at the Microsoft web site http support microsoft com kb but still no luck any one got an Idea what to do next please Thanks Mypenry

A:had to replace the HDD now no 128 bit SSL

have you ticked the box alongside it's entry and then clicked apply at the bottom
if you have run
sfc /scannow
and try it again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/had-to-replace-the-hdd-now-no-128-bit-ssl-129619.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi my dad recently acquired a computer from his office and gave it too me to use HP Compaq dx I would love to play games at any What replace? I should graphics level on it but there seems to be some problems I m not What should I replace? sure where the What should I replace? problems arise from as I am a beginner with computers so I m not sure what I ll need to replace here is the dxdiag info so please recommend any changes I need to make in order to play games at a decent level eg mb req with low settings territory ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PC Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq dx Microtower BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Genuine Intel R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R GZ Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R GMA DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name igxprd dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD igxpmp sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - A - CF-EC - C A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek HD Audio Input Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers GM DLS DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Registry OK Test Result Not run ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x CB Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytes - Mic... Read more

A:What should I replace?

For what it will cost you to upgrade it to play games, I would just suggest saving for a new computer.

First, you'll need to install a video card. If the model you have is in a micro-tower, it's not likely you'll be able to find a video card to fit.

Second, you would want to upgrade the processor. Even though it's apparently dual-core, it's still extremely slow.

Third, you would want to upgrade to 4GB of RAM.

And then to support it all, you'd likely need a new power supply.

So like I said...your best option would be to clean that up, sell it, and buy a new computer when you get the money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-replace.1028022/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I'm looking for advice on what I should do with my old machine here, I want better performance out of it and I have a slightly more modern motherboard that I pulled from a system that once ran Vista.

Current Motherboard:
Type: Intel J2E1
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.80GHz Northwood 0.13um Technology
Chipset: Intel 845G (64MB Graphics Memory)
RAM: 1GB DDR @ 133MHz (2-3-3-6)

Replacement Canidate:
Type: SY-K7VME
CPU: AMD Athlon 2.00GHz 2600
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6200 128MB AGP
RAM: Will be useing same RAM

Will the replacement make my system perform better, or should I stick with my current setup and wait until I get the money for a new system?

A:Replace or not replace?

Quote: Originally Posted by PwnFrnzy

Hello, I'm looking for advice on what I should do with my old machine here, I want better performance out of it and I have a slightly more modern motherboard that I pulled from a system that once ran Vista.

Current Motherboard:
Type: Intel J2E1
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.80GHz Northwood 0.13um Technology
Chipset: Intel 845G (64MB Graphics Memory)
RAM: 1GB DDR @ 133MHz (2-3-3-6)

Replacement Canidate:
Type: SY-K7VME
CPU: AMD Athlon 2.00GHz 2600
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 6200 128MB AGP
RAM: Will be useing same RAM

Will the replacement make my system perform better, or should I stick with my current setup and wait until I get the money for a new system?

what on earth do you plan to accomplish with but a single gigabyte of ram, and at 133(sic)MHz to boot!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/136923-replace-not-replace.html
Relevancy 30.53%

ok im not going to waste my i replace should HD? any time here if possible a short yes or no answer would be appreciated first of all let me explain i have been recieving these BSOD stops driver not less or equal stop x D stop x E stop bad pool caller stop x C these happened after installing necessary drivers for video btw should i replace my HD? this is after reinstalling windows for like should i replace my HD? the bazillionth time upon researching these stop errors they all point to bad drivers go here to see for yourself after trying to reformatt hd and should i replace my HD? just reinstalling windows again because just didnt want to go on a driver hunt now when i reformatt the hd and the windows files start to copy one of these stops comes up stop x E or x and after researching these it points to NTFS file system bad writing to hd or something like that and i dont have anything in the comp when trying to reformatt no vid card etc just cpu mobo cd rom hd and mushkin stick of mb ram pc with no errors i checked it several times so my question is should i replace the hd thanks in advance collin nbsp

A:should i replace my HD?

I don`t think you should replace you hard drive just yet.

The fact that you`re getting lots of different stop messages, could be a symptom of faulty ram.

Download the memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Let the programme run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-replace-my-hd.33240/
Relevancy 30.53%

Periodically I'll get a "C++ runtime error" message and an App will have to close. The it drops to the desktop. Under administrative tools > Event viewer the message seems to point to ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.2180 . That file seems to be a protected file. Does anyone know the procedure to repair or replace this file?

A:Replace Dll?

Quote:

Originally Posted by feddup

Periodically I'll get a "C++ runtime error" message and an App will have to close. The it drops to the desktop. Under administrative tools > Event viewer the message seems to point to ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.2180 . That file seems to be a protected file. Does anyone know the procedure to repair or replace this file?

Hello, take a look at this http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ntdll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replace-dll-41171.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I ask because I purchased a Lenovo laptop (Ideapad 580N) that came pre-installed with Windows 8 which is a nightmare. I recently upgraded to 8.1 because it supposedly had some Win 7 features, instead, it has been worse than Win 8. I've never removed one Win OS and replaced it with another and I have not purchased the Win 7 OS software yet. Is there anything I should know beforehand? HATE is a strong word, but it's the only word appropriate as to my feelings of Win 8 and if possible, I would like to get back to Win 7 asap. Thank you.

A:Replace Win 8.1 with Win 7

Hello Janesdf . Peruse this : Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309688-replace-win-8-1-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all got a Hipro 230W ATX PSU Power Supply Unit 5187-4875 / HP-A2317F3HP
its like a smaller one than normal I tried to get replacement but one I got is to big and wont fit in the amount of space there so need like the micro original one found just one on ebay but its 25 2nd hand can anyone help... thanks

A:Trying to replace PSU

HP / Hipro 230W ATX PSU Power Supply Unit 5187-4875 / HP-A2317F3HP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-replace-psu.186722/
Relevancy 30.53%

Lately, I have been getting computer crashes where my monitor loses a signal from the computer, the gpu fan goes to 100%, and my computer becomes unresponsive (shutdown keyboard command doesn't work). This happens more and more often, to the point where it crashes before the computer can even post. However, when I open up the computer and jiggle around the connections, sometimes pulling out cords and re-plugging them in, this seems to completely fix the problem, until a couple days pass and the process repeats. I am certain I have a loose connection somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Should I replace the power supply or the motherboard? Or could something else be causing the issue? Thank you for any help!

A:What to replace?

I would start with swapping in a known good pw supply. While the case is open, get a bright light and give the mb a VERY close inspection. Look for any capacitors that look like the pics below.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-replace.1066475/
Relevancy 30.53%

How do i chance the hdd from hp notebook model 15-g 092 nd there is no possible way to open the laptop not even ict from my work knows how, please an answer.sinceraly stefan horstman

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/replace-hdd/td-p/5850062
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a laptop that just shut down on me. when I try to restart I get to the screen for windows to start loading for about half a sec and then blue screen that flashes to fast to read anything on it. when I try to do a sys. restore from my XP CD I get this error message "PXE-E61 Media test failure, cable check". Any ideas?

A:need help to see what i need to fix or replace

Sounds as though it thinks it's needs starting from a network and that would make me wonder if it's been taken over remotely so when you do get it started, it might have a major malware infection. Tap the Delete, Function 2 or whichever other key you need to go into BIOS or Setup and seek out Boot Options or similar and make sure the order is set to boot from hard disk first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-see-what-i-need-to-fix-or-replace.884075/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi SSD with Replace HDD there My old computer is very slow and the HDD makes a lot of noise all the time particularly the C drive so I thought I Replace HDD with SSD d replace it with an SSD The computer has physical disks of approximately GB each and partitions all primary C is where the OS and most program files are stored D has all the multimedia files and docs and E GB is unused So my plan was to remove D temporarily connect the SSD clone the C drive to the SSD Then finally I was Replace HDD with SSD going to swap the old C drive HDD with the new C drive SSD add back the D drive and voila Even though the D drive is pretty slow it doesn t bother me Replace HDD with SSD as long as it s just a storage drive But the problem arose at step i e swap the nd hard disk with the SSD Regardless of which of the hard disks I disconnect the system won t boot What I get is a failed status in relation to RAID ID This is confusing I assume only one of the HDD s is actually bootable i e drive C isn t that correct If that s the case then why can t I simply swap drive D Regards Al nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

My P died The repair center failed to fix it so they SSD? with P50: old How to new HDD replace are sending me a new machine To avoid weeks delay I am getting a standard model they have in stock This model has GB spinner HDD it comes with Windows Pro preinstalled I need to remove it and replace with M PCIe NVMe TB SSD from my old machine it runs Windows pro and P50: How to replace new HDD with old SSD? has all my documents I have nbsp found manuals and guides how to do it from the mechanical standpoint but I am still not sure about the right sequence and changes to BIOS nbsp What should I do Options nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp A Don't turn on the computer Instead just unscrew HDD insert M PCIe SSD only then turn the computer on nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp B Turn the computer on with HDD first enter BIOS change from which kind of a disk and which slot it boots only then unscrew HDD insert nbsp M PCIe SSD and after that turn it on again nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C Something else nbsp My guess is that if the machine would come with nbsp M PCIe SSD I could easily replace new with the old one without any hassle but because nbsp it is a different kind of a disk in a different slot I am concerned nbsp I might run into problems

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-How-to-replace-new-HDD-with-old-SSD/td-p/3432665
Relevancy 30.53%

So i wasn't sure what this topic fell under but i was hoping i could get some help on this. So i want to start running some higher up games and i'm not sure what is bottle necking me atm. I don't wanna replace both but i do have a $200 budget or so for an upgrade. I heard from someone that my cpu isn't the best but it can still hold up. While my gpu is really outdated and not good. With my current combo i'm able to play most games on highest quality, but for newer games like the witcher 3 and so on, i can barely run it. I was gonna get the geforce gtx 960, thinking that may help my performance. Here are my specs

My specs:

AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 4B DDR3 memory
1 TB HDD

Relevancy 30.53%

Replace faulty HDD with a new 1TB replacement (same size - same brand).  Always get "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot media..." all to no avail.  Doesn't matter if CD/DVD, external or HDD selected, same message.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Cannot-replace-HDD-on-TC-605/td-p/441321/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 30.1%

So I stuck this 4xUSB card in my PCI slot, and since on both operating systems vista and xp (the computer is dual boot) "found new hardware" continually pops up. So I go into device manager and here's what I get:

Note that the rest of that device manager is taken up by the mystery 100 devices (look at the size of the scrollbar ).

Has anybody seen anything like this before?

Relevancy 30.1%

I recently purchased a new computer which has Windows XP installed. After reading about XP I do not want to use it. Can I simply format the hard drive and put in Win98?

The computer is a complete system, monitor, CD and floppy. Will 98 find the hardware?

Relevancy 30.1%

My HDD is starting to get a little slow and i want to upgrade to an SSD. I borrowed an empty SSD from a friend to test the speeds but it didn't show up in BIOS. This is a standard Samsung SSD that should work. Is there a problem with my computer or is it compatibility problems with the SSDbrand or type? I am also looking into upgrading from 8GB to 16GB ram can somebody link 1 stick of 8GB RAM that will work with my computer without replacing the current 8GB stick. SSD I used: Samsung SSD 840 PRO  128GB (Model number: Z-7PD128)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-SSD-can-i-use-to-replace-my-current-HDD/td-p/5762397
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok a few years ago I bought a Olympus Camedia C-2100 Here is a review and picture

About 6 months ago it just stopped working. LCD dont light up and only get battery info on the top little lcd.

I have been thinking about sending it in to be repaired only I am afraid that it could far out price what a new one would cost.

Relevancy 30.1%

Will some tell exactly what I need to remove Windows NTR from a machine and replace it with Windows or I tried the method in quot How to Manually Remove Windows NT or 95. Win with and NT do Win How replace I Remove Windows Q quot By following the procedure in this article I landed into more trouble The system admin I asked is giving me a run How do I Remove Win NT and replace with Win 95. around as in try this try that So what do I need and what do I do with it So far what How do I Remove Win NT and replace with Win 95. I know is that I need a beet disk What do I need on that boot disk How do I Remove Win NT and replace with Win 95. the name of the files an where do I get those files When I boot my machine using that boot disk what do I type aat the prompt in order to wipe out Windows NT from my machine I have just lent what I thought was good boot disk to a friend of mine When she tried to use it she got the following error quot Couldn t Find NTLDR quot Error Messages Couldn t Find NTLDR This message is displayed if the file NTLDR is missing from the root of the C drive You can copy the file to C from either the CD ROM or floppy disks To copy NTLDR from the CD ROM make the CD ROM your current drive and enter the command copy i ntldr C To copy NTLDR from floppy disk insert Disk in your disk drive and make that drive the current drive Then enter the command expand ntldr c ntldr Whay dpes all that mean Wango nbsp

A:How do I Remove Win NT and replace with Win 95.

Don't use the NT setup disks to boot the PC. Go to a Win98 PC and create a boot disk and also put format.com and fdisk.exe on it. Boot to that disk, change to the A: prompt and type fdisk and enter. Select delete partition....option 4 I believe, then select delete Non-DOS partition if it is an NTFS partition...confirm the deletion and esc to the A: prompt again. Reboot to the disk and change o the A: prompt and type in FDISK....select option one to create a partition....confirm the creation and reboot. Now you should be able to boot to the disk and either run format C: /s from the boot disk or use a Win98 setup disk to begin the installation. I don't have the link for a good boot disk with CD-ROM support, but there is plenty of info out there to tell you how....google will give you all the links you could want

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-win-nt-and-replace-with-win-95.61443/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a CPU fan which is a Datatech model 0925-12HBTA-2. It is a 12v fan at .7A.
I would like to replace it with a Delta Electronics fan model ASB0912L rated at 12V at
0.15A Would I loses any air flow to my CPU if I replace the DataTech model with the
Delta Electronics fan.
Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-replacement-what-fan-can-i-replace-this-fan-with.724019/
Relevancy 30.1%

Vitamins may not be able to replace the drugs recommended by your doctor they can augment their effectiveness by ensuring your brain has the materials it needs to properly function No tropics Stronger Help for your Brain some individuals who would like stronger results than what is possible with natural vitamins on their own may turn to no tropic supplements These are compounds which have been demonstrated to improve brain power while also exhibiting neuroprotective properties with extremely low risk of to may be not replace Vitamins able side effects One of the most popular no tropic supplements is called Piracetam which can boost memory Vitamins may not be able to replace and attention by enhancing signals at acetylcholine receptors in the brain Race tams like Piracetam also create anti-depressive effects when they inhibit nicotinic acetylcholine receptors There are many other no tropics which work in different ways to improve Neuro Elite Memory Enhancer and Brain Booster The Best Supplement For Brain Boosting USA Health market reviews For More Info Please Visit here gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt http bnathighgames com neuro-elite hakeem waqar end py url is trha lgani hy sbny nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vitamins-may-not-be-able-to-replace.1156016/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi,
i have an old pc with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU @2.53 GHz (Core Northwood) on an ASUS P4P8X, and an old notebook with an Intel Pentium 4 @2.80 GHz (Core Prescott).

The notebook is an Acer Travelmate 2500.

can I put notebook's CPU in my other PC?
the two CPU have the same socket

A:Replace Pentium 4 CPU

That board supports Prescott CPU's but it may require a BIOS update.

http://www.asus.com/999/html/events/...e/overview.htm

A Prescott will run hotter, need decent cooling, and consume more power.

It might help if you had the precise Intel part numbers (eg; SL76Y format).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/209580-replace-pentium-4-cpu.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys,
Just a basic question, Im running xp and i bought windows vista cd not the upgrade. My question is how do i install vista without removing any of my files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-replace-xp-with-vista-310521.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello. Please advice, is it possible to replace exisitng HDD Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 to, lets say, SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB 2.5" SATAIII MLC (SV300S37A/240G) or another same drive? Thank you.

A:Envy 4 HDD replace to SSD

Yes.   Clone the hard disk to the SSD before removing the hard disk. See the FRU Remove\replace videos at the following URL.  See the hard disk drive video.http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5260474&MEID=FE534139-E31B-4F69-99CE-1AD197568214 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-4-HDD-replace-to-SSD/td-p/5769959
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a Vista 64 bit OS. Is it possible to remove it and install Vista 32 bit instead? Are there hardware compatibility issues involved? I believe I can manage software issues, if any.LizNo Bullpucky! http://imacomplicatedwoman.blogspot.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272016/possible-to-replace-64-bit-vista-with-32-bit/
Relevancy 30.1%

A while ago I found a way to swap the windows notepad application with a new text editor, yet maintain the notepad name. I would like to do this again, but forget how.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,

Brad

A:How do I replace Notepad?

Why you need the notepad name? I suppose you could simply rename the file notepad.exe to notepad2.exe and then rename the other text editor to notepad.exe, but I don't know why you would want to do that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-replace-notepad.38183/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm getting lots of write failures when burning CDs with Nero & it now says the max writing speed is 10x so I gues that this 4-year old drive needs replacing - but with what?
Nero tells me that it is NEC DVD +RW ND-353A with firmware version 102B
The computer is a Dell Dimension running XP Home.
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable & fast drive that I can buy?
Will I be able to just remove the old & replace with new in same place with same cables etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-cd-dvd-writer.766465/
Relevancy 30.1%

The stock hsf on my non-overclocked +2500 barton is rather loud, and I would like to replace it. Is it possible for me to simply buy a new 60mm replacement fan without having to buy a completely hew heatsink and fan?

I was looking at some nice 60mm panaflos that make around only 21 dbas but are labeled as case-fans. Would I be able to screw one of these panaflos onto my heastink?

A:Replace heatsink fan?

Standard case fans are 80mm X 80mm x 20mm. An 80mm fan will do you no good if you seek to replace a 60mm fan. A 60mm fan may work provided your heatsink has standard mounting brackets. However, be advised this will cause your cpu to rise in temperature (most likely) if the fan is slower.

A better solution is to replace the heatsink/fan entirely. I personally favor the ThermalTake Volcano 9 for low-cost high-effectiveness Socket A cooling. You can pick it up online for only $14, and it has three different ways of choosing cpu fan speed: Automatic speed sense based on a thermal probe, which you can place wherever you wish, a rheostat which you can turn to choose the speed at which the fan spins, or a simple jumper to set it to either low or high speed mode.

Case in point: In my shop machine I have an overclocked Athlon XP Barton. It is a stock 2500+ and is sitting at 3200+. I am using a volcano 9, and have the CPU fan forced to ~1100rpm - Barely audible, even when I am close to the computer. If I'm more than five feet away, the machine is inaudible. The cpu is quite hot, in fact at full load it sits at 64C, but this is fine for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-heatsink-fan.20818/
Relevancy 30.1%

Does the model number have to be the same too?

If I use a different firmware for my HDD will it not work or cause damage?

A:To replace the PCB on a HDD does the firmware have to be the same?

The HDD model number and firmware revision should be the same for a PCB replacement to work. Professional data recovery firms will have special tools like "PC-3000" card or "Salvation Data HD Doctor suit" etc to fix firmware issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335323-replace-pcb-hdd-does-firmware-have-same.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm having BSOD issues for some time now and want to replace my existing RAM modules - RAM summary given in attachment down below. 8GB will do fine. Can you help me find the best replacement(s?) ? 4x2 or 1 8GB and which one(s). I will buy from from this site:-
DDR3 Memory

A:Want to replace RAM modules

You now appear to have 2 sticks of Corsair PC3-10600 (1333); DDR 3, 4 gb per stick; 1.5 volts; unbuffered. Should be 240 pin.

I've never heard of some of those brands at the link you supplied.

I downloaded the qualified memory list for you motherboard from here:

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1)

Your board supports dual channel DDR3.

Every stick on the list is 8 GB. No 4 GB sticks are listed.

Normally, your best move would be to get two 4 GB sticks and run them in dual channel mode--but no 4 GB sticks are on the list.

So, you can get a single 8 GB stick that is on the list or take a small chance and get two 4 GB sticks that are not on the list. If you get a single 8 GB stick, it will run in single channel and you will suffer a very small performance hit.

Which to do is kinda your choice.

Using strictly those from the vendor you linked:

http://mdcomputers.in/products/memor...1a1600c11.html

above is a single 4 gb stick of CORSAIR RAM VALUE 4GB DDR3 1600FSB CMV4GX3M1A1600C11; it's 1.5 volts.

I'd be pretty sure 2 of these would work to give you 8 GB total in dual channel mode.

http://mdcomputers.in/products/memor...1a1600c11.html

above is a single 8 gb stick of CORSAIR RAM VALUE 8GB DDR3 1600FSB CMV8GX3M1A1600C11
I don't think either of those exact model numbers are on the qualified list.

You can download the qualified list yourself and look to see if some of the other Corsair or GSkill or Crucial modules at your link are on the list.

There is some chance that modules not on list won't work, but the list is fairly brief and you may not be able to find an exact match at your vendor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399760-want-replace-ram-modules.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I need to replace the HDD in my HP PV 1000 Laptop.
I have a couple of questions.
1. Are all 2.5 drives physically the same as far as fitting into its slot and the connections?
I ask this because WD has an wxternal HDD that comes in a USB housing. It's low cost and would make it simple to get an image onto the new drive and then swap the drive into the laptop. (after removing it from the housing)

2. Has anyone come across a video of the swap? I checked UTube but only found a video of a HDD failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-hdd-in-pv-1000.761585/