Windows Support Forum

Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

Q: Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

AMD is poised to make quite a comeback if a leaked slide proves accurate. The slide in question details AMD's Zen core APU and Greenland HBM memory-powered graphics and arrives courtesy of Fudzilla.

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

This chip looks amazing, and is certainly enough for AMD to make a huge comeback. I really hope this is true.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-amds-16-core-zen-processor-real-leaked-slide-provides-details-on-stout-chip.211380/
Relevancy 83.85%

Im just now learning more about processors and whatnot but as of now I have a dual-core with just GB of RAM GB HDD and i have been thinking of going to a quad-core but then my friend told me about this deal online here is the link http www compusa com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp sku B - amp cm re Homepage- -Spot - -CatId B - Is this a good deal or does it just look really good Because to just buy a full computer with a quad-core will be and for this price to get a -core i think is worth getting I don t need a really good computer but look at this deal i think i will be able to have for a very long time I have had my dual core for years and have had no problems so this -core should last a really long time Any suggestions I appreciate it nbsp

A:$350 AMD 6-Core Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD. Is this for real?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/350-amd-6-core-processor-8gb-ddr3-ram-1tb-hdd-is-this-for-real.1020561/
Relevancy 73.96%

Minor changes but i must say impressive Windows Build Details Leaked Windows build is in the various seven forums buzz Build Leaked 7 7140 Details Windows A user of SevenForums posted the following changelog for the upcoming build Mean while a poster at a Russian forums claims that Microsoft is up to build Claim of build Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked is Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked seems to more genuine Most trusted source Wzor is down from a week so now every news is likely to be rumor from the forums Now wait for the next leak which is expected any time before th till then enjoy the changelog and current leak build We ll update you with every buzz of the Windows upcoming leaks so make sure to subscribe our feeds You can now add anything to the Taskbar Icons slightly expand when you hover over Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked them on the taskbar The System menu is more simplistic and easier to navigate You can change the login screen picture through the Personalization menu The menu lists that pop up when you right click on things now have the Aero Glass effect The default icons for Folders have changed to be the transparent blue ones featured a long time ago The Minimize Maximize Exit buttons on the top-right of a window have changed icons and are a bit smaller than the Vista counterparts BIG ONE There s an Upload feature for Pictures files and videos If you right-click a file and click Upload you can make it automatically upload to a website of your choice After uploading a pop-up will appear saying it s done and clicking OK will cause the link download link to the file to appear in the popup box I tried ImageShack and Facebook and they work Spanish Chinese Korean and Japanese unicode s and settings are integrated so one can run foreign apps or use foreign keyboards without changing languages amp restarting Source

A:Windows 7 Build 7140 Details Leaked

A little birdy told me it's bogus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11258-windows-7-build-7140-details-leaked.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Nothing official from Microsoft

Quote:
When it comes down to Windows 7 special offerings, Microsoft still has one or two aces up its sleeve. While it revealed the official pricing details for the upgrade and full retail boxes of Windows 7, and went live with a program designed to allow consumers in select markets to buy the Home Premium and Professionals SKUs of the OS at considerable discounts, the Redmond company has yet to unveil discount initiatives and price tags for additional offerings and flavors of the next iteration of the Windows client. This is the case with the Windows 7 Family Pack and the Windows Anytime Upgrade options. But even with Microsoft keeping a tight lid on the Windows 7 Family Pack and WAU pricing, company partners from the retail channel have made sure to leak the prices to the public.

Leaked Windows 7 Family Pack and WAU Pricing Details - Nothing official from Microsoft - Softpedia

A:Leaked Windows 7 Family Pack/WAU Pricing Details

Not trying to be rude or anything I'm just trying to help keep the forums free from cluter. This has already beeen posted in the news section Windows 7 Family Pack, Anytime Upgrade prices leak

Please do a search first and look in the news section before posting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15874-leaked-windows-7-family-pack-wau-pricing-details.html
Relevancy 68.37%
A:Build 8250 leaked in Chinese site, NOT confirmed real/fake

It could be just an old build that's been renamed as Build 8250 but according to the Windows 8 Beta blog and a number of either sites, there's recently been some new screenshots of Build 8250. If they're from the same site, PCBeta (both the Download and screenshots originated from Chinese websites), then it could legit.

Sources:
Windows Store screenshots from Windows 8 build 8250 leaked | Windows 8 Beta
Windows Store screenshots from Windows 8 build 8250 leaked
New Windows 8 Store screenshots emerge - Neowin.net

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/3946-build-8250-leaked-chinese-site-not-confirmed-real-fake.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am buying a new rig tomorrow, just wanted to see what you thought about it.

I have a choice between a $269 used pentium dual core vs a brand new 299 AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Whats better and how faster is the AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620 vs my pentium III/600MHZ?

A:Pentium Dual core vs AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Depends on what the specs are with the Intel dual core and what specs you're getting with the AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-vs-amd-athlon-single-core-processor-le-1620.126258/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have running TDA-ThinkorSwim Investing software which experiences periodic performance issues, which reeves the fan or Hard disk then locks up all performance until the TOS performance issue is acknowledged.  TOS uses an internal 7.0 Java.  typical
CPU usage is 30-45% but I have seen CPU surging usage as high as 119% with frequency at 132%.  Processing seems to halt, graphics halt or are severely retarded at best.  Using Speedfan software Seeing CPU temps. peak at 85C or 185F. 

On this higher end and equipped 64 Bit HP Envy Laptop, with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Machine containing an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.   

any suggestions on how to choke off these problems? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bedaad97-135b-4a63-8cd3-c7fd1d1c2c86/cpu-100-usage-at-132-freq-is-halting-intelr-coretm-i74700mq-cpu-240ghz-2401-mhz-4?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 64.5%

Okay, here is the scenario.
There are 2 laptops.
One has a 3.0GHz single core.
The other has a 1.5GHz dual core.
The thing I'm asking is: When you buy a laptop that says it's 2.66 GHz triple core, does that mean there are 3 processors each clocked at 2.66 GHz? Or does it mean that there are 3 processors and in total they add up to 2.66 GHz?
Also, is it better to have a 3.0 GHz single core or a 1.5 GHz dual core if you want to run games?
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Pentium D dual Core 820 2,8 GHz on my Dell E510. 1 GB RAM and Radeon XT 1600 Video card. It constantly freezes during game play(Planetside) Four sessions with Tech support have me nowhere. Can I replace processor with a fast single core on the same motherboard?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

about 2 years ago I have upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, rams and a processor and since we moved in between I cannot find the boxes or bills from that time.

The problem:
I am 90 percent sure, that at the time I wanted a quad core processor and my computer properties say that I have Intel Core i5-3450.
I googled around and all retailers as well as Intel list this processor as quad, but I whenever I use aplications where cores are displayed (i.e. playclaw or some kind of benchmarking), it only ever shows core 0 and core 1.
When I go to task manager > processes > and go to select affinity on a random process, once again only 2 cores are aviable to choose from.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Because if I am not mistaken I have had my computer on a leash for 2 years...

A:Quad core processor acting as dual-core?

in windows 7 press the start key > type msconfig > click the boot tab > advanced options
in the top left there is a box that says number of processors. if it is checked you can uncheck it, or change the drop down box below it to 4.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-processor-acting-as-dual-core.1133436/
Relevancy 64.5%

I came across an oem version on amazon uk
OEM Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Here it is on the creative site uk
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium | Maximum performance ... maximum immersion!=

Ther reason I ask is creative tried to sell a few cards claiming they where x-fi when they where software based emulating the x-fi chip. I take it this card is an Xram free X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty right?......

A:OEM Creative X-Fi Titanium does this have the real x-fi chip?

Yes it is a real X-Fi. The only one's that aren't are the Xtreme Audio line (and not counting any of the external solutions, most of which (if not all) are the same as the Xtreme Audio), all the other X-Fi's have the EMU20K1/2 chip on them. Whether it has the X-Ram on it or not doesn't matter.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/215711-oem-creative-x-fi-titanium-does-have-real-x-fi-chip.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Any guys chipped their core?

Guys i dunno about u guys but as for me, i have already chipped 1 of my TB 1.33G so far and luckily i got warranty n send it back for RMA!

I always find it hard to take out hsf and everytime it will cause my back to cold sweat! Dunno about u guys! But it sure won;t feel good after after u experienced once chipped TB before! If its duron, then may be not so bad! haha!

Any expert here can give a better solution of how to take out ur AMD chips without chiping?

Or may be the supplier have to improve the way they mod the cpu on to the mtb! Cheers!

A:Ever chip an Athlon core?

nope, i didn't. And I am glad i didn't, because those chips look TOO FRAGILE TO ME.

Its strange to compare them to the original Athlon chips, where where slot based and were built like little tanks.

Surely in design testing, the folks at AMD must have realised that the Athlon Cs and XPs were just too weak.

Cracking your core! Chipping it! Man, these things should NOT be possible.

But unfortunately, they seem to be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ever-chip-an-athlon-core.399/
Relevancy 63.64%

Quote:
An online retailer is taking orders for a Hewlett-Packard laptop that includes Intel's latest Core i3 processor, providing details of the chip maker's next-generation laptop processor ahead of the product's official launch.
ECost, a U.S. online store, is taking orders for an HP Pavilion dv6-2157sb laptop with the Core i3-330m processor. The processor runs at a speed of 2.13GHz, according to the listing.
The laptop is priced at $919 and includes 4GB of DDR3 memory, a 320GB hard drive, wireless networking, a 15.6-inch screen and the Windows 7 OS

Read more -
Online retailer jumpstarts Intel's Core i3 chip launch

A:Intel's Core i3 chip launch.

This is an exciting release. If it's anything like the new 1156 i7 and i5s it will be a great CPU.

I may regret buying a laptop today. Mine has a Core 2 Duo but great memory (DDR3) and a 7200RPM HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49683-intels-core-i3-chip-launch.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am interested in buying an intel quad core chip since all I have is a single core Pentium D. Would I need a new motherboard? Anyone know how I would install it? Never done it before, but anyway below is a screenshot of what motherboard I am using.

A:Buying a quad core chip

Take another shot of CPU-Z showing the processor tab. Or give us a shot showing some other app that reveals as much detail as possible about your current processor. I suspect you are out of luck.

If you need a new board, you may run into difficulty on a Dell due to proprietary connectors. Dell used some of those in the past and may still.

If you need a new board and want to go to a quad, your path of least resistance is probably to start from the ground up with a new case, motherboard, RAM, and power supply. You may be able to reuse DVD drive, hard drive, monitor, keyboard, mouse, sound card, and maybe the video card.

But if you would be willing to pay for a quad, the better route may be to go to an i5 or i7 processor from Intel--socket 1366 or 1156, rather than 775. The i5 is particularly attractive and can use relatively inexpensive motherboards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/40678-buying-quad-core-chip.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Firstly, in task manager, there is only one core recognised (one cpu graph). I have no option to select "one graph, multiple cpus".

Secondly, in device manager, there is only 1 core with no option to select 2 or box for detect HAL.

Lastly BIOS doesn't detect more then 1.

I have processor box unchecked and have uninstalled my CPU from device manager in hopes a restard would re-detect it. I have also updated my mobo & vid card drivers from the site and updated my bios to the latest.

I just bought COD: Black Ops for $60 and it requires a dual core processor to play it, anything else I can try short of re-installing windows?

A:Dual Core Processor detected as 1 core

just checking that you realise dual core will only show as single cpu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133169-dual-core-processor-detected-1-core.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm having an issue with my CPU. It seems that it is only using one of its cores. This issue first became apparent to me when I was trying to run Blacklight Retribution. It popped up a warning message saying that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements of have at least a dual core. And indeed the game was unplayable, with single digit fps constantly.

However when i go to the performance tab of my task manager it shows 4 graphs, meaning that 4 cores must be running. Then I go the boot tab of my systems configuration, click on advanced options and underneath the "Number of Processors:" check box (which is unchecked), it shows 1 as the number of processors.

My processor is an Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz.

These seem to be conflicting and I'm not sure what to do. Please help me.

A:Quad core processor only running on one core.

This will answer it for you........
Processors - Limit Number Used by Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238478-quad-core-processor-only-running-one-core.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

Is it possible at all to set a program to run on one core of a dual core processor?

If so...how?

Reason for info request: My DVB-T dongle is very jittery afetr upgrading processor from Athlon 64 3500+ to Athlon 64 x2 6000+ - worked flawlessly on 3500.

Surely there must be a way to resolve this?

Relevancy 63.21%

First and foremost thanks go out to anyone and everyone who can help me with this.

I've recently installed 7, clean install, not an upgrade. I have an Amd Athlon X2 3800+ installed and I installed 7 as a 64bit OS as well. I had this problem before 7 and could never solve it. The core doesn't show up in task manager and I've tried installing drivers from AMD, which say they are the incorrect version for the windows 7 Operating system so i installed them in compatibility mode which didn't seem to solve anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the processor and frankly I just don't know what to do! In Pc Wizard 2009, It tells me the number of cores is 2, but then only one core is enabled.

If anyone has any help for me that would be fantastic. Thank you! If you need any additional information please let me know.

A:Dual Core Processor, only 1 core active

SHow us your processor from device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39740-dual-core-processor-only-1-core-active.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I was looking up mobos and found this one on Newegg: here. I want to make sure that it supports the Core 2 processors before I buy it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-asus-p5ld2-support-a-core-2-duo-chip.73574/
Relevancy 62.35%

Quote Intel unveils energy-efficient -core chip Research chip said to be x to x more powerful than chip Intel 48-core unveils energy-efficient chips in multicore Core family By Sharon Gaudin December PM ET Computerworld - Intel Corp is honing its sights on many-core chips that are far more powerful than today's dual and quad-core processors As expected Intel took a big step in that direction today by unveiling a -core research chip that it says is to times more powerful than current the top end offering in its multi-core Core line of processors Intel also noted that the experimental chip Intel unveils energy-efficient 48-core chip uses the same amount of energy as two household light bulbs With its eye on the data center and the cloud Intel built fully functional cores in the new chip as part of what it calls its quot terascale quot mission quot With a chip like this you could imagine a cloud data center of the future which will be an order of magnitude more energy efficient than what exists today saving significant resources on space and power costs quot said Justin Rattner Intel CTO and head of Intel Labs quot Over time I expect these advanced concepts to find their way into mainstream devices just as advanced automotive technology such as electronic engine control air bags and anti-lock braking eventually found their way into all cars quot Today's unveiling of the -core research chip comes about two years after Intel showed off an experimental -core chip That research chip had teraflop performance capabilities but used less energy than a quad-core processor More at Intel unveils energy-efficient -core chip

A:Intel unveils energy-efficient 48-core chip

This is why I always scoff at people who are trying to build a machine that is "future proof". There is no such term in the computer industry. Instead, I find it better to buy middle of the road most times and simply upgrade more often down the road.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/43894-intel-unveils-energy-efficient-48-core-chip.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Quote:
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors that were unveiled today.

AMD is shipping two X6 processors that are substantially less pricey than Intel's latest six-core Core i7-980XM desktop processor, which was announced last month. The Phenom II X6 1090T processor runs at 3.2GHz and is priced at $295, while the 1055T, which runs at 2.8GHz, is priced at $199. Intel's Core i7-980XM desktop processor is priced at $999, according to a price list on Intel's Web site.

The X6 chips are targeted at gamers and buyers looking for high-performance desktops, said Adam Kozak, platform marketing manager at AMD. The chips are the fastest yet in AMD's desktop processor lineup.

Source -
AMD launches six-core desktop chip price war with Intel - Computerworld

A:AMD launches six-core desktop chip price war with Intel

There we go.....that is typically how AMD competes with Intel on CPU's. It's not usually $50 price differences we are talking about. It's hundreds of dollars. And the Core i7-980x is over $1,000 which is insane Now to start reading the benchmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81171-amd-launches-six-core-desktop-chip-price-war-intel.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello the unknowing one again I am still upgrading bit by bit my older PC The mobo is a Gigabyte IXE about or so years old I added in a new video card and now I m looking at the processor Gigabyte says the max processor is either an AMD Athlon G FSB or an AMD Duron G FSB http www giga-byte com Motherboard Support CPUSupportList CPUSupportList GA- IXE htm I know that Athlons are supposed to be better performing that the Durons However the only Athlon G I found was on pricewatch and was Local stores have the G Duron but dont carry the Athlon anyways probably gonna go with the G Duron My question is how difficult is it to change a processor I chip Changing a processor was told that its Changing a processor chip as simple as pop old chip out put new chip in but I m always very weary when someone says its simple Any input guides you can recommend Thanks again nbsp

A:Changing a processor chip

I would check ww.Ebay.com for that processor, use this link Ebay 1.4Ghz Athlons . I got an Athlon 1.4Ghz 266Mhz FSB for $42 there about 6 months ago. You would have to be really lucky to find that processor online anywhere else for under $100. Installing a processor is very easy but you have to be careful with the pins on it and when you reinstall the heatsink on it. It literaly is Plug-n-Play. Make sure you use some kind of thermal paste like Artic Silver on top of the processor between it and the heatsink.

P.S. Dont get the Duron, even though its 1.3Ghz your 900Mhz Athlon still outperforms it in most things like games.:grinthumb Also, if a 266Mhz FSB one is cheaper to get you should be able to use that but it will just run at 200Mhz FSB on your motherboard, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-a-processor-chip.7704/
Relevancy 61.92%

Help please.. I would like to change my old Pentium 1 to a pentium 2 chip is this just a straight swap over job or do I have to mess around with the bios?????

A:changing my processor chip?????

You also have to replace the motherboard! The P1 and P2 are totally different chips, and they are not pin compatible. The P2 was usually a slot mounted affair, at least the ones I've used are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-my-processor-chip.134133/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys I really hope someone can help me with this Up until today I have been running the below configuration without any problems what so ever Processor AMD Athlon tm XP FSB chip processor New and troubles Memory New processor and chip troubles Corsair GB DDR XMS TwinX x MB Platinum CAS Graphics Card Hercules D Prophet Pro Motherboard ASUS A New processor and chip troubles N X Deluxe PSU Antec Performance True W Windows XP Professional Ver Service Pack I have just bought an Athlon XP FSB and sticks of Corsair GB DDR XMS TwinX x MB Platinum CAS I thought I would kill birds with one stone by reinstalling Windows just after installing the new hardware Before I actually went ahead and formatted I noticed that the post screen said the correct processor spec Athlon XP and what frequency the memory was set at The problems started trying to reinstall XP It took tries to get it installed as it kept on restarting at different times When I finally got it installed the restarts have kept on happening at random times I have these settings in the bios CPU External Freq mhz CPU Frequency Multiple auto Memory Frequency Auto by spd mhz I have the latest drivers installed for all my hardware including the mainboard and I also have the latest bios installed which I did a few days ago without any problems i think using the ASUS Update utility I have also noted that the CPU temperature when idle is about deg c and the motherboard is about deg c The only way I can use the computer for any lenght of time is to set the processor to instead of Has anyone got any idea what the problem might be or what other information I could provide which may mean something to someone Best Wishes Derek nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

can i use that fan? they are the same socket.. LGA775.. tnx..

A:Can I use fan of my Dual Core for my Core 2 Duo processor?

It will probably be OK but if the replacement CPU is a higher wattage keep a carefull watch on the temperatures. Make sure you apply new thermal paste when fitting it. Use this free software to watch the temperatures, set it up so it displays the temps in the task bar.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-fan-of-my-dual-core-for-my-core-2-duo-processor.162682/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, i have just purchased an HP Pavilion G7 Notebook Laptop PC that is fitted with an i3-Core 2330M 2.2Ghz Processor. I would like to replace this with an Intel Core i5-2540M Laptop CPU Processor 2.6GHz 3M Cache SR044 that i have spare. Can someone tell me if this is a possible Upgrade please. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have already upgrade the memory by 4Gb to give me 8Gb in total of DDR3 So-dimm Memory. I am also using a 240Gb SSD Hard drive. Many thanks, Kenny Shaw 

A:Upgrade from an i3-core to an i5-core Processor

@kenny57singer To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-from-an-i3-core-to-an-i5-core-Processor/td-p/5843121
Relevancy 60.2%

is it a reliable website/program?
HWM BlackBox | slogan

A:Utility for details on the core components of your computer

Looks interesting. I'll give it a go later, but from what I see from the website there shouldn't be any problem. Of course, when I download it I'll scan it prior to running just in case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165520-utility-details-core-components-your-computer.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I bought Dell Dimension 4600 with P4 2.4Ghz and wanted upgrade to 3.0Ghz or higher. I want to make sure that I am buying a right CPU.

The spec said I can upgrade to 3.0Ghz/800FSB, but according to user win2kpro on this thread, he said my motherboard is D865PESO, so I went to the Intel website and find this page.

The page says that it supports Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology† , so I follow the link which show that the motherboard supports 3.20 - 3.46Ghz/ 800FSB.

Since Dell said supports upto 3.0Ghz, my question is can I upgrade to P4 Extreme Edition 3.46Ghz?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello My problem is as details problem real Audio\Video experts For in winxp please!!!! inside.help follows i have reinstalled winxp Audio\Video problem in winxp For real experts details inside.help please!!!! Home Edition i formatted my c partition and installed windows afterwards i installed all updates from microsoft and all codecs divx xvid even codecs packs Since then every movie i play no matter what player there is a gap between the Audio\Video problem in winxp For real experts details inside.help please!!!! audio and video The movie files are just fine they don t have a sync problem The problem is not with codecs because it doesn t play well mpeg file and DVD movies Furthermore it seems to me that even in windows itself there is a problem for example in error message i see the box and afterwards hear the beep Before the reinstallation there were no problems i tried reinstalling again it s the third time and nothing I tried other soundcard and other video card but it didn t help Please help me any suggestions will be highly appreciated Thanks in advance My specs P Ghz HT Intel Motherboard D PERL nvidia Geforce DDR Memory DDR Mhz Onboard soundcard SoundMax nbsp

A:Audio\Video problem in winxp For real experts details inside.help please!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-video-problem-in-winxp-for-real-experts-details-inside-help-please.279672/
Relevancy 58.48%

When i plug in devices(new ones),plug in Ethernet cords(connecting to networks), Or some other random things my computer spikes to 100% percent usage and remains there forever. Ive tried Microsoft tech support but...yeah. I cant run the computer in safe mode with networking so that makes no sense when im in normal. I dont know whats wrong. I ran spyware, maleware, virus scans etc. but nothing comes up. I just dont want my only option to be factory restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/processor-hogged-to-100-read-for-details-503502.html
Relevancy 57.62%

...can't find my handle, haven't got a spout.

I have the same problem as the OP in this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f56/...ta-514284.html

I have Win7, and the IE 9 beta version. (I use Mozilla FireFox to see images sometimes... which I hate btw...)

The solution was found, which was, quote "I figured it out. I had to disable the GPU rendering and use software rendering (in the advanced internet settings) and then restart IE9. It's working now!" unqote.

What the frick?

Basically, I think I'm needing to know...

- What is the 'GPU'?
- How do I disable its 'rendering'?
- How would I then also 'use software rendering'?
- And would I be right in saying that 'restart' is to uninstall and re-install?

Thanks for any help. (Apologies if this is rediculously simple...)

A:A little newbie, short and stout...

HI trinkitz and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the delay to your question.

To answer your questions:
GPU: stands for Graphics Processing Unit click Here for more info.

Do disable it open up Internet Explore click Tools then Internet options, click on the tab Advance and it is the first box there. Once done. close IE and open it up again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/a-little-newbie-short-and-stout-520939.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hey all I did a clean Install on a new HDD yesterday all went well I thought it was running ok last night responsive and quick I turned her on this morning and it hung up on the boot screen then hung up on the black screen with the pointer between log on and desktop finally gets up to the desk top and its black with icons I ran msconfig looked in boot advanced a on duo core CPU at to processor and 100% down 1 options looked at my start up processors clicked number of processors where it usually offers it is only giving me The alert went off CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core in my head went to task manager cpu usage is at i am idle this makes it impossible to do anything I am at a loss what is causing this I did nothing but install some apps like win rar and my Tune up utilities start up is limited to what i need at start up windows kaspersky and my synaptics touchpad I am confused any suggestions are welcome CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core will try uninstalling Kaspersky as a start CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core since i have had a problem in the past Please help

A:CPU at 100% and down to 1 processor on a duo core

Did you check the bios to see if the cpu was detected correctly? Check what the cpu temperature is showing as well. If it's too high check that the cpu cooler is on properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/10934-cpu-100-down-1-processor-duo-core.html
Relevancy 55.04%

if a quad core processor has a frequency of 2.2ghz, is that frequency the sum ofall the four cores or is it just one core that delivers this much freq?

A:Quad core processor

each core produces 2.2ghz .............thats y they call it as quadcore........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quad-core-processor.99179/
Relevancy 55.04%
A:How do you put the core processor to max turbo

@ProGamer2003? You cannot set the processor to max turbo speed. When the workload on the processor calls for faster performance, and the processor is below its limits, the processor's clock will increase the operating frequency in regular increments as required to meet demand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Turbo_Boost REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-you-put-the-core-processor-to-max-turbo/td-p/5752840
Relevancy 55.04%

Like I want to get a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700BNBOX - Retail for $244.00 @ 2.2GHZ

But Im intrigue to find out why the dual core is more expensive but has less GHZ?

i.e; The AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail going at $338.01 @ 2.0GHZ

Which one is faster?

Or should I stick with my AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000BPBOX - Retail , Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM and buy a
Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 80mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail and overclock like a maniac on crack @ 2.4GHZ?! Or is that risking it?

Relevancy 55.04%

I am thinking about overclocking my CPU to minimize a possible bottleneck when i put in my new crossfire ASUS Radeon 6970 DirectCU II 2GB cards, should i be putting it up to 4GHZ?

Oh and if you don't know already the standard clock of the 950 is 3.06GHz, i also have a CoolerMaster V10 to cool the CPU so heat shouldn't be a problem

A:Overclocking Core i7-950 processor

DKRON said:

...should i be putting it up to 4GHZ?Click to expand...

That kind of depends on the chip. Always best to OC incrementally. Some chips don't overclock well, some do, and some will but might need a bucketload of voltage tossed into the CPU and chipset. The first couple of 950's I tried OC'ed moderately well, but required close to 1.4v to get them there. The chip I now use won't OC as high (~3.8-3.9) but does so at good voltage (~1.18-1.2v)

DKRON said:

Oh and if you don't know already the standard clock of the 950 is 3.06GHz, i also have a CoolerMaster V10 to cool the CPU so heat shouldn't be a problemClick to expand...

The V10 is a good air cooler. The TEC doesn't work overly effectively until the heat production starts ramping up. Overall it's going to be no more effective than a top-tier air cooler (i.e. Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright Archon) or closed loop all-in-one watercooler (i.e. Corsair H80/H100, Antec Kuhler 920) so keep an eye on the temps during stability/stress testing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i7-950-processor.176255/
Relevancy 55.04%

http eyugoslavia com featured intel-six-core-processor-available-with-alternate- processor 6 core intel This is the info from the Alternate sales page Alternate is a similar company as Newegg in the US Der Intel Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition ist Intel 's erste Sechskern-CPU f r den Desktop-Bereich Die CPU mit quot Gulftown quot -Kern 6 core intel processor basiert auf der nm-Westmere-Architektur und ist ein nativer Hexa-Core sechs Kerne auf einem Die mit HyperThreading so das bis zu zw lf Threads gleichzeitig verarbeitet werden k nnen Der Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition ist mit ppigen MB L -Cache ausgestattet unterst tzt Turbo Boost bis GHz und verf gt ber einen freien Multiplikator Der integrierte Triple-Channel Speichercontroller unterst tzt DDR -Module bis MHz Details ausblenden Bezeichnung Intel Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition Modellbezeichnung BX I X Taktfrequenz x MHz Level Cache x KB Level Cache x KB Level Cache KB Befehlss tze MMX SSE SSE SSE SSE SSE Enhanced Speedstep EIST Intel XD-Bit TXT Intel VT Smart Cache Turbo Boost HyperThreading Bustakt MT s Speicher-Controller Speicherstandards DDR - DDR - Speicherkan le ECC-Speicher wird unterst tzt Nein Registered-Speicher wird unterst tzt Nein Fully Buffered wird ben tigt Nein Prozessorkern Gulftown nm max Leistungsaufnahme Watt Core Spannung Volt - Volt Bauform FC-LGA Sockel L fter Befestigung f r ATX-Mainboards Anschluss PWM-L fteranschluss Besonderheiten mit aktivem CPU-K hler Weitere Infos Alle Core -i -Prozessoren verwenden statt dem herk mmlichen Frontside Bus FSB eine serielle Punkt-zu-Punkt-Verbindung mit der Bezeichnung QuickPath Interconnect QPI Die QPI-Verbindung ist bidirektional und besteht aus zwei -Bit-Kan len von denen f r Daten nutzbar sind Mit einer bertragungsrate von GT s Gigatransfers pro Sekunde beim Core i - Prozessor Extreme Edition erreicht die QPI Verbindung eine Datenrate von GBit s deutlich mehr als beim FSB der Core -Prozessoren

A:6 core intel processor

6 core 3.6 gig! Nutty!

Hehe er, how much? The curren't EE is about $995 US, that would make this one what $1500 US?

Or wil there be another round of price reductions, makeing the current EE about 500 and this'll take the 995 place?

[Edit] I actually looked at the link and yup, $1500 :P [/edit]

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67627-6-core-intel-processor.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Are there any special setups that i need to do to run a dual core processor or are they just plug in play. Meaning do i need to change any jumpers? I just bought a socket 939 and amd athlon 64x2 processor.

Relevancy 55.04%

can you sot these processor from best to worst and what is the difference?

core 2 Duo 2.2GHz
core i3 2.2GHz
core i5 2.2GHz

A:processor i3 Vs i5 vs dual core

Okay, let me see if I can remember it all - or at least some of it. The new i3/5/7 processors are smarter and designed a whole lot better than the old range of Intel chips. For the moment it's best to ignore the GHz because it doesn't mean what it used to (at least not with the i range; what I'm trying to say is, you looked at two processors before and if one clock speed was faster than the other and the price would right you would go for that one).

The i range of processors, even the entry level i3 is faster than the equivalent core 2 Duo (well, an i3 compared to an Intel P E6500 it's supposed to be 40% faster 'multitasking', 78% faster with photo and video content and 26% increased productivity whilst an i5 compared to a core duo is 2.7x, 2.8x, 2x respectively). The reason it is faster is because of a combination of turbo boost and hyper threading. Turbo Boost is an overclocker that is built into the processor's tech to kick in when the system requires it and back off when it doesn't - not new technology but damn handy nevertheless. It's important to note that only the i5 and i7 has Turbo boost unfortunately.

Hyperthreading is much more exciting and it's the reason that the GHz indicated there isn't an accurate representation of the speed that is possible. HT allows 2-way (for dual core chips) and 4-way (for quad cores) 'multitask processing' which allows each core to work on two tasks at the same time. This effectively doubles (well almost) the cores your machine has without actually having to have the physical cores present. HT is available across the new i range of processors.

There are other features they are ranting about like integrated HD graphics and a 32nm size, but that there is the break down of the stuff that matters. I could have just said a simple Core Duo, i3, i5 as rated from worst to better, but I'd rather have you understand why than have you shrug and move on.
I hope that helped (you would never guess that I'm an AMD man)…

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-i3-vs-i5-vs-dual-core.898510/
Relevancy 55.04%

I purchased a barebones kit from TigerDirect.com with the following motherboard and chip combo:

Intel DG965WHMKR Socket 775 Motherboard
Intel Core2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz Socket 775

Can someone please tell me which RAM I should get (that would give me the most performance).

I know more than one type of RAM will work in my computer but I don't know which ones or what the one with the best performance will be.

Thanks!

A:Best RAM for w/ Core 2 Duo E6600 processor?

Here are three links to Intel that you should read carefully regarding the DG965WH board;

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/ddr2/index.htm

This is a link to the board's manual, please read section 1.4 carefully.

ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/wh/D5600801US.pdf

Here is a link to tested memory;

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/wh/wh_mem.htm

You can go further in the last link by clicking on "3rd Party Tested Memory" or
"Vendor Self Tested Memory"

Personally, I would use a memory configurator for the board at www.crucial.com or
www.kingston.com since both companies guarantee their memory to be compatible with that board, or use one of the 3rd party tested memories that have been proved compatible with the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-ram-for-w-core-2-duo-e6600-processor.515909/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm in the process of looking for a new desktop these days, I just came back from the computer shop, the attendant (who is not always that savvy) told me the following about core I x processors:

1) All core I processors are 64 bit

2) buying a core I computer means you will have to install W8 or W10 on it because you will not find drivers for W7

Are these facts correct?

Thank you in advance

A:Processor Core I x queries

Do you mean Intel I3/I5/I7 CPUs? If so you most certainly can run Windows 7 on them, in fact I'm not sure if there are any modern CPUs that won't run with Windows 7. Post up the spec you're interested in for more detailed help but if it's Windows 7 you want as your OS then you're good to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382597-processor-core-i-x-queries.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a new computer, and am unsure about the specifics of 533 and 667 RAM. I've selected the "Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU 2X1Mb; Dual Core EMT64T 2.13G 1066Mhz FSB; Conroe; LGA775" processor. The company builting the system has informed me that they can't get stock of the 667 DDR2 RAM. I was then told by a friend, that 1066Mhz FSB means that the CPU itself is optimised for 533 RAM, not 667.

Is this true for this processor? And, are there enough peroformance differences to justify waiting for 667 RAM to become available?

Thanks for your help!

A:533 or 667 RAM on a New Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Go here to find out what RAM you need:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/533-or-667-ram-on-a-new-intel-core-2-duo-processor.496311/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I really need some help. I recently purchased an Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 processor, and I haven't really had any problems or anything, but when I ran some online hardware scans, they listed my processor as an Intel Pentium ||| Xeon.......the E7200 is a 2.53 GHz device, and when I check my computer properties, it shows 2.53 GHz, so that seems to be alright. I don't know what to think, because I wasn't home when the technician assembled the computer, so I don't know what he installed. The packaging is all right, says Core 2 Duo and what-not, but these online scans are making me wonder....how can I check to see whether or not they're right?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

What is the best Intel Duo Core processor that I can get (Below £200 or $390)? I will be using this motherboard...

http://www.pyramid.com/Product.aspx?StockCode=672738&ref_Source=Kelkoo&ref_StockCode=672738&ref_Type=CPC

My computer is for gaming.

I don't know that much about processors.

Relevancy 55.04%

Any one that can help me on a 1 on 1 basis to over clock my duo core 2 2.6 ghz processor i will be more than greatful to throw you a little something in paypal if your willing to work with me on a 1 on 1 basis to do this let me know asap and how i can contact you thanks a lot.

A:Help with overclocking duo core 2 2.6 ghz processor

Any one over clocked a core 2 duo 2.6 ghz?

if so what ghz seems to do the trick to keep it stable ive read around 3.6 ghz is pretty good and if so mind helping me doing this cause ive never did this befor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-overclocking-duo-core-2-2-6-ghz-processor.69629/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a debate would you get Dual Core Processor yes or no ?

And why ?Pros and cons ...

What about Hyper-Threading yes or no ?

And Pros and cons

Relevancy 55.04%

Is Dual Core a 32 or a 64 bit processor?

A:Dual Core Processor

Pretty much all CPUs including Dual core are 64 bit capable. however it is the OS that determines if you run as 64 or 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-processor.879489/
Relevancy 55.04%

How do I find out if both cores in my processor are working? My bios setting shows that multiprocessor is "on". Shouldn't I see something in Task Manager or Device Manager? Device Manager, under computer only says, ACPI Multiprocessor PC and Task Manager only shows one cpu.

Relevancy 55.04%

Alright, so I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 which uses an Intep 945PM Chipset with a Core Duo processor (slightly different from its successor). Further specs of my laptop are available here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-e1705/4507-3121_7-31631866.html

First of all, will the core 2 duo processor be compatible with the present motherboard (i.e., will it fit into the socket and run properly w/o damaging the pMOBO)?
Secondly, is it worth the upgrade if the L2 cache is to increase from 2MB to 4MB?
Lastly, would I be required to use a different cooling assembly and if so what are all the hardware I would need to purchase for this specific proccessor's cooling. I have virtually no knowledge of cooling systems so please be as specific as possible (fan, cooling paste, know that they exist dont know how to use them).

A:Looking to upgrade to Core 2 Duo processor?

What you want to do can't be done with laptops.
If you want the specs for your system the owner's manual would be a better choice than a Cnet review. Have a look:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins9400/en/om/parts.htm#wp1052375

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-to-core-2-duo-processor.86545/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm looking for the Core 2 Quad processor for my system. Anyone point me to a good site with good deals...

This is what I have and can support in my system.
CPU LGA775 socket for latest Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6700/Core 2 Duo / Pentium D/ Pentium 4 / Celeron D processor
FSB 1066/800/533 MHz
Support Hyper-Threading Technology

CHIPSET VIA® P4M900 & VIA ® 8237A
North Bridge: VIA® P4M900
South Bridge: VIA® VT8237A

A:Solved: Duo Core Processor

Here's the list of supported processors for that board: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Support/CPU_Support_Model.aspx?detailid=704&MenuID=69&LanID=0

There' sonly two quad core CPU's that board supports, the Q6600 and the Q6700 and you may need to update the BIOS to have support for those.

You can find the Q6600 processor on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...10340343&srchInDesc=q6600&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duo-core-processor.826570/
Relevancy 55.04%

i have heard from some classmates that the dual core and quad core to find out the clock speed you mutiply all of the clock speed listed by the # of cores. I dont belive them but i thougth i would ask somone who would know more about it b/c i am thinking bout building a new comp and should i but a dual core, quad core, or just a single core

A:quad core processor

No they are wrong, each core runs at its own rated speed and the sum of all of them does not equate to a total clock speed.

Don't bother will Quad core's. There's little benefit with having 4 cores over 2 with todays software, most of which is optimized for a single core system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-processor.540022/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I am looking to buy the dell m1530 2.40 ghz/3mb cache...t8300
or the dell studio 15 2.40ghz/3mb cache...p8600.

What i would like to know is if the t6600 2.20ghz would be ok or do i need to spend the extra money to get the 2.4ghz? I will be surfing the net, doing email, music and pictures. I will not be doing gaming. I would like the laptop to be fast, I do not want to have to wait a long time between screens. I am replacing a dell desktop xps 410 2.40ghz just because i would rather have a notebook.

Thank you so much for your help.

A:Intel core 2 duo processor

t6600 is fine for what you plan on doing, the processor upgrade will not make it surf any faster, most delays in surfing/page loads are due to the browser you use, or your internet connection. I notice some days that pages load faster than others, nothing can be done about this if it is due to your ISP or other problems that happen on a constant basis on the world wide web.

If the processor upgrade is not much of a price hike, less than $60, I say go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-2-duo-processor.808783/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

My friend would like to know which core 2 duo processor his dell d630 has in it. (they are listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors#Core_2_Duo

Under system information in the laptop it says "x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 Genuine ~2194Mhz.

Is there a way to determine this on the machine itself?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Relevancy 55.04%

Do you need an AMD dual core processor for: simple tasks like internet browsing and downloading, playing simple games like the sims 2,watching dvd movies and burning dvd's and music files? My friend asked me about it, so decided to ask the tsg forum experts on this. and he's planning on networking another notebook wirelessly.but no heavy tasks or graphical activities.

Would an amd Single athlon 64 processor up to the task?

Relevancy 55.04%

I am wondering if you buy an intel processor and say ur motherboard crashes will the intel i5 be compatible with newer motherboards?

A:Intel core 2nd gen i5 processor

That's a very broad question.

The i5 will be compatible with SOME newer motherboards and not with others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219876-intel-core-2nd-gen-i5-processor.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok so I built a pc that I use for graphic design I make D models in Cinema D and animate in After Effects Yesterday morning I got up and I didn't feel like starting the day with intense activities So I decided I wanted to play a game on my computer I got on and for some reason I get random lag spikes I was thinking its not possible my computer is lagging in this game I checked my task manager and it showed cpu usage I looked what was taking up that much of my cpu and it was my game I was so confused cause I let my little sister use my computer to play the exact game about days before this and I wasn't in the least laggy So I go into C D to model after a while of modeling and animating the cameras in Cinema Core only 8 Processor 1? registers as D I start rendering the animation in png format and I only saw a single core working on this I went to 8 Core Processor only registers as 1? msconfig 8 Core Processor only registers as 1? to see if It can change the processor settings and it 8 Core Processor only registers as 1? only has core in the drop down I've tried many things to get this issue fixed I sat on support lines for the longest time seeking help and they weren't going to do anything for me unless I paid I've tried different lines and none seem to work out without any sort of charge this includes Microsoft tech support I would greatly appreciate some help here I'm doing my best to get this issue fixed as soon as possible because I have due Graphics projects and I cannot afford to pay to a tech support line Pc Specs - AMD FX- Eight Core Ghz Asus Am ATX M A L-M USB GTX gb gddr HyperX Kingston gb Single Cougar Soultions Case W Thermaltake Power Supply HDD Samsung tb Sata SSD OCZ gb Stock Cooler Thermaltake V What I see on my end - Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet

A:8 Core Processor only registers as 1?

Alex,
Have you got a restore point prior to your sisters playing on the comp.
If so use it, and make a note of which program will be changed, then youll know what she changed.

Roy

see screenshot to amend processor count

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387985-8-core-processor-only-registers-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Looking at a PC to buy, one with Intel Core 2 Quad Core QX6600 processor and the other with Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 Processor.
In plain speak, what is the benefit of the Quad as opposed to the Duo? The computers are roughly the same price but the Duo has better graphics card for games.
My main usage for the computer is video editing/business cadd drawing/gaming in this order, gaming comes way down but i like to have a quick game or two on Call Of Duty 2 while having the video editing software run in the background while it renders (FXhome).
Thanks.

A:Quad core processor?

Go to this link, http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=695&model2=432&chart=188

Choose the 2 processors and compare them with different bench marks and see which one best suits your needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quad-core-processor.563259/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am not much of a hardware guy, so excuse my basic question.

I am trying to determine if an XP Pro machine meets certain specs, specifically if it has a dual core processor.

Machine number 1 is definitely dual core. When I open the computer properties, it says pentium dual Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50Ghz 2.49GHz. Also, when I open up the task manager, I see two windows for CPU utilization.

However, for Machine number 2, the CPU is a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.320GHz 2.19 Ghz. It also has two windows for Cpu utilization in the task manager. Even though it specifically does not say that it is dual core, can I assume that it is?

A:Dual Core Processor

There are a number of ways to find out the number of CPU cores on your system:From a Command Prompt:wmic cpu get NumberOfCoresFrom the Registry, look at:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessorThere will be a numbered subkey for each processor core (i.e. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\1")Use a tool like CPU-Z:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400892/dual-core-processor/
Relevancy 54.61%

Anyone got this processor?it is running at 3.0 ghz core 2 duo,right now i gott he 2.6 and i am tempted to get this very much a lot of people told me it out performs the extreme version which is 1 thousand dollars.

A:Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor Question.

Bump.thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-duo-e6850-processor-question.83451/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi       I bought the aboved named computer on boxing day 2015.  barely been used as i am always on my phone.  Anyways it is unbelievably slow and thats not even using the internet! if you click on anything on the desktop it will have a 3-5 second delay, it is very painful!!  I have searched many forums but doesn't sound like anyone has had this same problem. was hoping someone would be able to help me out! thanks   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES-15-with-AMD-Quad-Core-Processor-very-very-slow/td-p/439527/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

By the end of this year, four cores will have replaced dual-core systems on the very high-end of enthusiast systems. AMD will be offering its 4x4 platform that enables the use of two dual-core processor and Intel will be first to offer a quad-core processor: Code-named "Kentsfield,"

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/09/09/preview_kentsfield_processor/

Relevancy 54.61%

Okay so Windows 7 64 bit system...has started acting weird (odd freezes, shuts down, etc) tried to run Malwarebytes and this causes system to crash. Checking event viewer shows a "processor core" error. Tried running jv16 to clean up some registry issues (there weren't many, like 11 registry issues) but that seemed to work fine.

System is still crashing and I can't figure out why, not getting a BSOD report just shuts down, I've left it running without doing anything and it has been on for 20+ minutes. However, if I try to do Windows update, or Malwarebytes etc it crashes almost immediately. I'm stumped anyone with any guesses or help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm going to post a couple pictures, if I can, of the error report in event viewer...If you cannot read the details of the attached image I can post them separately.

Attachment 236725

Attachment 236723

Attachment 236724

Attachment 236726

A:Constant Crashes...processor core? PLEASE HELP!

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258607-constant-crashes-processor-core-please-help.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am considering the purchase of a new computer. Under what circumstances would I enjoy significant advantages with a dual core processor? Can any of the readers speak from experience? TIA.

Relevancy 54.61%

I want to build a new computer, but I'm not familiar with the current processor scene. I'm looking at either a Intel Pentium D 940 (at 3.2 GHz) or an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (at 2.2 GHz). I'm aware that the clock speed is not the only factor in choosing a processor, which is why I need help choosing one. Could someone please tell me which one is better and why?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys, I know Windows XP Home doesn't support Dual Core Processors but i heard that the Service Pack 3 does however. Is this true? I just bought a new PC which uses a Dual Core Processor and i want to make sure that SP3 supports this because I'm on a tight budget and It's the only OS i can afford. Massive thanks in advance.

A:XP Home SP3 with Dual Core Processor?

and welcome to the Forum

While XP Home will not support multiple separate procrssors, it supports one dual core processor fine.

The service Pack level does not matter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-sp3-with-dual-core-processor-383307.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought a:
AMD Athlon X2 2.2 GHz 4200+ Socket 939 89W Dual-Core Processor

and I have spent many hours trying to get 7 to detect that there is two cores in this thing and that it needs to utilize them both. But I'm not really sure if there is a driver out there that I can use... The setup I found would say its not compatible with this OS when I ran it.
Is anyone else having issues with 7 detecting their AMD dual core processors correctly?
Are there some compatible drivers that I've missed?

A:AMD Dual Core Processor Driver?

Did you check the BIOS to see if both cores are enabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4725-amd-dual-core-processor-driver.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I wanna buy a new p.c.but i don't know what motherboard is perfect for it.pls someone give me some advice.

A:What motherboard will be perfect for Core i5 processor?

You should probably start by stating what you plan on doing with your computer, and what kind of other components you are planning on using, especially cards that you'll be putting in there. Plus if you're planning on using it as HTPC, there is a whole other set of considerations.

Or you can log onto Newegg and pick the one with the most stars.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-motherboard-will-be-perfect-for-core-i5-processor.158915/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

I was just doing some tweaking with the processes running at startup, and while I was in msconfig, I looked under the "boot" tab to see that apparently I only have 1 processor. When I clicked the dropdown menu, it still only gave me the option for 1.

Does this mean the commputer is not accessing the other 3? Does it actually mean anything??

Dell Studio Intel Quad Core Q9400 2.66GHz
Win 7 64-bit
4GB RAM

Please help!

Thanks

Sukh

A:MSconfig can only see 1 processor on a quad core

Quote: Originally Posted by sukh101

Hi,

I was just doing some tweaking with the processes running at startup, and while I was in msconfig, I looked under the "boot" tab to see that apparently I only have 1 processor. When I clicked the dropdown menu, it still only gave me the option for 1.

Does this mean the commputer is not accessing the other 3? Does it actually mean anything??

Dell Studio Intel Quad Core Q9400 2.66GHz
Win 7 64-bit
4GB RAM

Please help!

Thanks

Sukh

No, this is for diagnostics (and other things) If "task manager" is showing all 4 cores, you are in good shape. Don't change the settings in MSCONFIG on the Boot tab.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/48277-msconfig-can-only-see-1-processor-quad-core.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I m sorry if someone has posted this before but I cannot find any reference to optimal operating temps for the new AM processors I think on AMD s website says the max temp is upto something but I was wondering if my temps are too high Now I am using some Antec silver-based thermal paste and I m not sure if I applied too much or not It was thicker in some places than others temps? AM2 dual-core AMD processor not uniformly smooth and it covers a lot of the whole die but not the edges So should I reapply AMD dual-core AM2 processor temps? it I also initially used an oil-based nail polish remover to clean the cpu and heat sink but have since removed all that and re-cleaned AMD dual-core AM2 processor temps? with isopropyl alcohol and reapplied the paste The heatsink Thermalright Ultra- came with some white paste which I believe would be silicone based not metallic which I did not use Should I use that instead I m averaging between - or so from idle to load By load I mean I quot m recording channels at once from my tv tuner while watching one of them on vista media center When I stop media center the temps still stay around and I think they should be lower I ve only done this days ago and maybe I should wait longer for the temps to get lower BTW the heatsink is barely warm to the touch shouldn t it be quite hot A friend of mine says his are or so at idle and that sounds too low Mind you he has extra fans on his case and I m trying to keep mine quiet Maybe I need better airflow for my case I ve currently got a mm fan on the heatsink and more mm fan in front of the case blowing air outwards I ve read in many places that this is wrong and it should be sucking in air from outside not pushing it out I m also supposed to add more fan to the back of the case nbsp

A:AMD dual-core AM2 processor temps?

thats about right, never complain about too low.... only be concerned about too hot. If it all seems ok and your worried about low idle temp I wouldn't worry.
the fan placement that i see pretty much standard is always blowing out the back, with everything else brining air in. Put the 120 on the rear blowing out, asap. That should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-dual-core-am2-processor-temps.73298/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

Anyone any views on which processor is the best for an entry level pc mainly for gaming.
My 2 choices are the AMD 64 AM2 3800 Athlon which runs at 2.4ghz or the AMD 64 AM2 3800 Athlon X2 which runs at 2ghz.

Personally I cant see any real advantage of having of using x2 because this pc is mainly for gaming. Im sure someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help

Rob

Relevancy 54.61%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 54.61%

For the past several days now I've been trying to get my computer to work with a fresh install of Windows I've clean installed several times but if I try to boot the computer with more than of Core Windows Processor Freezes when 8.1 1 using than more my i 's cores enabled in the BIOS the computer will completely freeze usually shortly after login Though sometimes I don't even get that far before it freezes I've tried letting it go for as long as an hour and a half with no change and nothing responds when the freeze happens making me have to force the system to power off Strangely enough this does not happen when I have only core of my processor enabled Though this problem never happened in Windows nor in the Ubuntu install Windows 8.1 Freezes when using more than 1 Processor Core that I dual booted with I've installed all drivers for my motherboard my BIOS is at the latest version according to the manufacturer All available Windows Updates have been installed as have the latest display drivers for my video card I've ran chkdsk on my drive which found no errors I'm at my wit's end about this I can't think of what this could be for the life of me Especially not with this only manifesting in Windows and not in either of the other two OSs I was using EDIT Also I apologize in advance if I don't have the right information for anyone to help me in here This is one of my first times posting to a forum like this looking for help so I don't really know what would be helpful to include in this post

A:Windows 8.1 Freezes when using more than 1 Processor Core

Do you have the BIOS tweaked for the other OS's? Do you have the CPU overclocked at all? Your motherboard supports your processor, but I would use the standard BIOS settings first to see if you can get it to run?

Also, I assume you've tried this without the Antivirus running, switching out memory modules placement, etc? All the preliminary troubleshooting techniques. Something else may be causing it, but just manifesting itself during multi-core operations. I didn't check, but if you have a on-board video chipset, removing or disabling the GTX might also be an option. Even though the other OSes run on your current hardware configuration, they may not access the memory (or other stuff) the same as Windows 8.1.

If you do get it to run in a bare-bones or certain memory stick configuration, you can then start putting stuff back. Normally, I would just test and check the logs, but since it locks up, you need to see if you can get to a good physical configuration and start from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55837-windows-8-1-freezes-when-using-more-than-1-processor-core.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Below is a copy and paste of a computer ad i am looking at. Last time i bought a computer, Pen4 was a top of the line processor,so i am out of touch with presentday top line processors.

Is what is pasted below a 'ATHLON64 DUAL CORE' ? is that the best ATHLON processor available? Or is AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 2GHz 3800+ processor better?
(reminder 'there is no such thing as a dumb question')
Processor
Type: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ / 2.4 GHz
Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core

Relevancy 54.61%

I have ordered a new Dell PC. I got an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I know that it is probably real stupid that I didn't ask earlier, but what exactly is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey Guys..... I recently pirchased an AMD quad core processor and motherboard with HD4200 Radeon graphics and 2G ddr 3 Ram.
I wanted to knwo which is the best suiatable operating operating system which can use the full system resource for a better performance and appearence.

ALso tell to use a 32Bit OS or a 64Bit OS.

Thanx.....!!!!!

Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to Upgrade my Protege M750 with Intel? C?2 Duo processor T6670.
The Upgrade starts but after while I got message Processor not supported.
Any explanention why it is happened as even older processors are supported

A:Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670

Perhaps 32-bit Windows 10 will run on it but not 64-bit?
Run coreinfo.exe from Microsoft sysinternals to see what features the processor has.
live.sysinternals.com - /

To run x86 Windows 10 you need NX, PAE, and SSE2
To run x64 Windows 10 you also need CMPXCHG16B and other 64-bit extensions

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45368-intel-core-2-duo-processor-t6670.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello guys.

I'll get straight to the thing, no wasting time. I personally own an i7 2600K, but I am looking to help a good friend, and he wants to stay within a 200? processor budget and get a new i5 processor. He's looking for the best Quality >< Price option, and I got no idea how can I help him with that. Ideas guys?

Best Regards,
Kevin

A:What would be the best Price vs Quality Core i5 Processor?

i5-3570. i5-3570k if he wants to overclock.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291610-what-would-best-price-vs-quality-core-i5-processor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I purchased lately a processor E8600 and in the package of it I found the chip of the processor which you have to install and no CD inside.
I know how to install the processor manually, my question here is, Is it required to install drivers for processors? I found no CD in the package so I was wondering, for example, when I had the Graphic Card I had to install drivers. What about the processor?

A:Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Processor

the system bios will automatically detect the cpu for you , if you fill in your system specs in the userCP we will be able to give you a more definative answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/75587-intel-core-2-duo-e8600-processor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I have a Core i7-3930K CPU that runs normally at 3.20GHz. When I did a stress test it got up to 3.80 GHz I'm guessing due to Intel's Turbo Boost Technology. But anyway I want to over clock it at least into the 4GHz Range. I Have a Liquid Cooler installed in my rig, so temperature isn't really a problem. Do you have any tips to overclock my CPU? Or even a profile that I could load up in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility app. Or maybe even a whole new easier to use application. I've been kinda hesitant to overclock for fear of braking my rig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Overclocking an Core i7-3930K Processor?

I've been kinda hesitant to overclock for fear of braking my rig.Click to expand...

If that is the case, then do not overclock. There is NO safe overclock. All overclocking entails some degree of risk.

Since this a "k" processor, you just up the multiplier in small amounts and test for stability with prime95 or OCCT. I turn OFF the turbo boost when doing this however that is up to you.

I have one rule regarding overclocking. "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-an-core-i7-3930k-processor.1100468/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone help me? I have recently bought a Dell XPS 15z laptop from eBay and it has an i7 2640m processor which according to the Intel website is a dual core processor. Well the problem i'm having is when I run task manager and CPU-Z etc, only one core is showing under performance. Has anyone had this problem and do you know what the issue is? I have tried pretty much everything including reset Bios etc. If I had any hair I'd be tearing it out lol. Any help appreciated

A:Windows 7 only showing one core on my i7 processor

Have a look at this...

Processors - Limit Number Used by Windows 7

and

HOWTO: Get Windows 7 to detect your new multi-core processor - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245462-windows-7-only-showing-one-core-my-i7-processor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys. So basically this is my dilemma. I have an AMD A10-5700 Trinity APU Quad Core running at 3.4ghz powering my PC.

The funny thing is, when I open Task Manager, it says this

I thought I had a Quad Core APU...

Anyway, can this be fixed? I'm not running Windows 8 Pro or anything fancy
and I'm pretty sure this is holding my PC back.

Thanks in advance!!

A:Virtualization For Quad Core Processor on W8

Cannot see your screenshot. Download CPU-ID from Majorgeeks.com and post the results from that. It will tell you the make, model, etc. about the CPU, RAM, etc..

Download CPU ID - MajorGeeks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43834-virtualization-quad-core-processor-w8.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I don't have a specific problem with Windows XP or Vista, but I have a question about the difference between how they direct the function of dual-core processors. Given the same level of multithreading support within various applications, does Vista direct threads differently through a dual-core CPU than XP? Was Vista designed to use dual-core processors more efficiently than XP? Also, in simple terms, can you describe how an operating system directs the work of the CPU? Thanks for any help with this.

Relevancy 54.61%

Quote:
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday said its first six-core processor for desktops will ship in the second quarter of this year.

The processor will be called Phenom II X6, an AMD spokesman said. The company displayed a working unit of the chip in a desktop at the Cebit trade show being held in Hanover, Germany.

The company declined to comment on specific details about the chip, including the speed and cache size. However, the company has said it would go into desktops targeted at enthusiasts like gamers. AMD already offers six-core Opteron chips for servers.

Source -
AMD to ship first six-core desktop processor in Q2

A:AMD to ship first six-core desktop processor in Q2.

It will be interesting to see this go head to head with the 980x.

I suspect that AMD will win on price...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68080-amd-ship-first-six-core-desktop-processor-q2.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone I ve been having this problem for a while I ve taken my machine to the business of which I have a warranty with and several 100% core for no processor Fourth reason hitting of their staff failed to find an actual issue with my machine- hardware or software Here s the issue Whenever I play a game I can Fourth processor core hitting 100% for no reason play for about thirty or forty minutes before my fourth processor core I have an Intel i shoots up and stays on the ceiling of I ve checked the processes and nothing shows that it s taking up any CPU This bothers me because when this problem occurs my computer lags and the audio tears and buffers like mad I m running Windows Vista on a Gateway FX with a Realtek soundcard MB RAM DX and an nVidia GeForce GTS If you need any other Fourth processor core hitting 100% for no reason information just tell me how to find it and I ll be happy to provide Thanks everyone I really appreciate it and I hope I can get this resolved soon A summer without WoW for me is going to be painful nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a L420 and wish to upgrade the cpu to Intel Core i7 processor i7-2630QM with quad-core. right now I just have an i5 core cpu. before i go out and purchase an upgrade, I wanted to ask people on this forum if its ok. on the L420 page here:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd015766 it has:ProcessorPremiere performance and ultraportability; two spindlesAvailable processors are: Intel Core i7 processor i7-2630QM with quad-coreDDR3 memory controller (up to 1333MHz), Intel Turbo Boost, Hyper-Threading technology; 6MB cacheso can i upgrade my cpu please anyone? thank you so much. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L420-CPU-upgrade-to-Intel-Core-i7-processor-i7-2630QM-with-quad/td-p/3333285
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey, im looking into buying this to replace my Pentium D. I need to know what is needed for this to be compatable. Any other information will be added if you ask.

Thanks

A:Intel E7200-Core-Duo-Processor Compatibility?

It would depend on your chipset and you would probably need a BIOS update too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e7200-core-duo-processor-compatibility.111045/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys Long time reader first time poster here So ill just throw it out there Today Motherboard E5200 and Core Dual Processor my i deided to upgrade my pc We ll come to the specs and such in a moment First things first I ll show you what i have purchased The CPU http www ebuyer com product I also purcahsed a GFX card but I m not to concerned about this as I am fairly confident that it will be ok my current card is not too much E5200 Dual Core Processor and my Motherboard lower than this new one Now the CPU is what worries me My current Pc ill try to be as E5200 Dual Core Processor and my Motherboard detailed as I posibly can here Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Motherboard Board Dell Inc M Serial Number CN AL PL Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Now with help from my friend Google am I right in thinking that this Mobo is chipset Intel G Express http compare intel com pcc showchart aspx mmID amp familyID amp culture en-US Unfortunaly I just checked the FSB which is mhz on the NEW processor and mhz on my Mobo and the socket which again is LGA on the NEW processor and LGA on my Mobo so I purcahsed and thought everything was going to E5200 Dual Core Processor and my Motherboard be great Now I have heard along the grapevine that there are other things to consider Therefore my questions Will my motherboard support the new processor If not then can anyone suggest a new Mobo which will support the new Processor Bare in mid that I am from UK and I m farily confident with PCs just not as i wuddnt be in this mess if i was Hopefully you guys can help and I thank you in advance for it Phil nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Pentium D 3.4GHz processor on my desktop with 4 GB Ram, with a 32 bit Windows 7 installed, will installing a 64 bit version+ adding ram improve performance with my processor?

A:Will a 64 bit version of wndows work well on a core two due processor?

Please use this tool to update your profile specs or at least mention it here ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270605-will-64-bit-version-wndows-work-well-core-two-due-processor.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I m building a new PC and I m narrowed down my processor choice to either the AMD Phenom II X T or the AMD for it Processor Core Video worth Editing? 6 Phenom II X The quick and dirty - I will be doing a lot of editing P fps video taken from a Canon Digital SLR using either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere CS Some videos will be minutes - I will also be playing a lot games on this system mostly FPS like Call of Duty and such I have already purchased a Radeon GB video card in case that helps - I will be running Windows Home Premium -bit with GB RAM but could take the or so I would save on the processor by going with the quad core and putting it towards more RAM or something else - I understand that Intel may have some advantages in this area but thanks to some deals I ve picked up along the way I m stuck with AMD for this build so please no comments on how I should go with an Intel CPU instead Is there a big enough advantage of going with the X over the X I ve read a lot of benchmark sites and they usually perform pretty close with the X actually edging the X at times but didn t know if those extra cores would really help out my video editing encoding 6 Core Processor worth it for Video Editing? performance to make it worth it or not Just wanted to get some advice thanks nbsp