Windows Support Forum

sync

Q: sync

Are there any mp3 players that will sync up with Windows media player? I've tried to get my Ipod to sync up, but being an Ipod...*&#%! $*@^!!......

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: sync

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: sync

i understand where you're coming from, i can't stand itunes personally

as far as i know anything that will plug straight into your usb port will sync with wmp and players by creative might, but i'm not sure. i expect the microsoft zune players will work with it though. however when windows media player syncs with a mobile device it copies the files straight onto it, it doesn't put them in folders or organize them in any way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync.87363/
Relevancy 28.81%

Acer has added a new monitor to their gaming-focused lineup, the amazing looking XR341CK. This 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440 pixels @ 75Hz) IPS monitor comes with a curved display in a zero frame design, which Acer says...

Read more

A:Acer reveals 34-inch curved QHD FreeSync and G-Sync monitors

This type of monitor is the best way to channel the power of your GTX 980 Ti, which inherited its anti-aliasing power from the many generations before it, as opposed to having it choke on the 4K pixel-mania in chase for almost the same effect, at the expense of the dropped FPS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-reveals-34-inch-curved-qhd-freesync-and-g-sync-monitors.215946/
Relevancy 29.67%

AMD has provided an update on the state of their FreeSync technology, confirming that monitors supporting the adaptive sync technology are now available in select locations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It's expected that FreeSync monitors will hit...

Read more

A:FreeSync monitors now available, and they're cheaper than G-Sync equivalents

I don't see why? Freesync changes your monitor big time! I mean just look at the on/off freesync from the picture at the front.

Atleast with gsync your monitor doesnt need to actually change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freesync-monitors-now-available-and-theyre-cheaper-than-g-sync-equivalents.209460/
Relevancy 28.81%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 30.53%

Can someone explain what is monitor sync polarity?

A:Sync polarity

OMG - - old VGA term as I recall.
CRT displays (Cathode Ray Tube aka TV style) could sync on one of the R,G,B colors. Later developments centered up on syncing on the Green.

"Polarity" in this context is specifically WHICH color is used as the sync (btw, we're referring to the horizontal sync).

Thousand pardons if senility has obscured the facts :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-polarity.208280/
Relevancy 28.81%

I K ghz crossfire gig windows Hi all I have been having this very strange problem with vsync for sometime now and only recently discovered that it was something to do with v sync itself I think This is what I recorded Basically in some games not all I get what is shown in the video Now the thing is I found while I was playing around is that if I disable v sync totally this stuttering tearing seems to go away by quite a lot in Strange Sync tearing V causing microstutter/screen games The fps goes to I think cod is fixed to that and it smooths out a lot but its still a little jittery and not perfectly smooth This is also the case with bad company I never had Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games a problem with Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games any game up until about years ago when this started happening unexplainably Another strange thing about this is that it only seems to Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games occour ONLINE Single player has non of this at fps If I use a controller to move there is no stutter tearing I had the same issue with battlefield but for some reason I cured it by limiting the fps to and its smooth as butter I have tried this with some of the other games but it does not work To add to the strangeness this also happends on a completely different PC I built a while back And led me to believe it was an internet problem I ran many tests all to come back clear I even changed providers again as I say it only happends on some games not all games affected BF Bad company All Call of Dutys Crysis and a few more games not affected counter srike global offensive rising storm red orchestra war thunder bf with fps cap Things I have tried lots and lots of different drivers Disabled crossfire upgraded mobo cpu and ram tried different monitors tried taking my pc round a friends house still happend switching from hdmi to vga to dvi reformated windows and the list goes on If anyone has any ideas about this please let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-v-sync-causing-microstutter-screen-tearing-in-games.196846/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have been trying to find an elegant solution to play synchronized music throughout my house on my two computers. My first attempt involved a WinAmp plugin called SyncBoss, which worked OK but the audio skipped occasionally and it required me to use WinAmp as my media player (I like to use iTunes).

After searching around a bit more I stumbled upon what sounded like a much smoother and more versatile solution which uses Logitech Media Server and Softsqueeze (see http://www.avsforum.com/t/1387891/play-audio-on-multiple-pcs-in-sync). After much research and trial-and-error I can't figure out how to configure this software to sync my two computers together over my wireless network.

Has anyone used Squeezebox software to sync audio between two computers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Sync Audio Between Two PC's

You have two computers and you want to play the exact same songs at the exact same time, from both? Why?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-audio-between-two-pcs.194436/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am not familiar with quick sync so any info for me would sure help. I have looked at some video on it but still would like a little insight. First I would have to have a CPU that supports it I know. But would I need it? I would have discrete card AMD 7790 in the machine in question. What will quick sync help me out with? These machines will be mainly used for video editing. Thanks.

A:Quick sync and CPU's

Quicksync helps to greatly reduce rendering times in video editing suites. The E3 has it if I am not mistaken. I dont recommend the 7790 for a video editing machine. The memory bus is slow, and thus, not good for video editing. I would recommend a 2GB GTX 650Ti boost edition or 2GB GTX 660 or 2GB AMD 7850.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-sync-and-cpus.193399/
Relevancy 30.96%

am new to over-clocking and would rather not do it anytime some as my system seems to be performing well for all my applications and games ( crysis warhead, dirt 3, etc )

what I need to know is if the following is acceptable or not, in terms of core temperatures, CPU usage and everything we see on the screenshot...

Thank You
(system switched on for 2 hours straight, only the browser is running while I take the screen shot)

A:Is it in sync?

To begin with, I wouldn't advice overclocking a PC unnecessarily. OCing is a last-ditch effort to keep a machine alive. If it can run Crysis at 45 FPS+, OCing for a few FPS and making the system unstable (NTM voiding warranty) is just not worth it.
Secondly, it's not very clear whether you want opinion in OCing it or are asking if the OCed temps are good. Because whether temps are good or not depends on ambient temps. It's summer where you are, so if the ambient temps are 33`C, those aren't exactly admirable.
To help with them, here are some guides.
Stress it with IntelBurnTest and let me know how high the temps go.

Regards,
Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-in-sync.181155/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a HP DV6-6128ca. I just recently discovered an issue I have never noticed before, the two halves of my screen are not in sync. I notice it the most when I am watching a video, and the camera pans or has a lot of movement, straight down the center of my screen (doesn't matter where the video is) you can see the two halves out of sync, it looks like when you're playing games and do not have vertical sync on. I have tried to uninstall Spyder, MacType, and all of my video card drivers, I am just at a loss now. I have the AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
and AMD Radeon HD 6520G
drivers installed.

A:One half of screen is out of sync

Can anyone help me out at all? In any way?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-half-of-screen-is-out-of-sync.180538/
Relevancy 30.53%

Ok so, i was using a Radeon Hd 4670 512 and whenever i turned on my pc, it would show me the bios and everything, sometime even go into the windows loading screen, and then the monitor (which is a samsung lcd 22") would go out of sync (show the analog digital thingy at the top left).

So i switched that gpu with a radeon hd 4550, and it worked fine the entire day yesterday, so i left the pc on during the night. when i woke up, the monitor was out of sync. Is this an electricity problem? what is this?

Thanks

A:Monitor goes out of sync

"what is this?"...

It may be an indication of the samsung lcd 22 beginning to fail. Try another monitor, to make sure that it is the Samsung. LCD's do go bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-out-of-sync.177813/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey So this started a few days ago out of the blue i didnt install anything game of out digital in analog, (shows Monitor the sync when thing) goes or change anything i fired up batman arkham city on my pc i played that Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game game before on my pc this was routine and when going ingame monitor went black and gave me that Analog Digital thing at the upper left corner then it ll play that Hardware unplugged sound im on a xp Screen will stay black and go to sleep mode I ran dmark same thing happened Now i m getting no artifacts no tears no weird visual glitches games will even let me go ingame and play for about minutes before the screen shuts down computer will run fine d is great videos run great gpu Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game temps are between to on idle to on full throttle i was thinking of dust bunnies or dirt in general inside my gpu s heatsink and around my gpu i was gonna open the heatsink but the screws are really tight and i only have one of those handle-less drivers http creamyg hugelaser com Projects CES Log Photo Log CES Log Thin Screwdriver jpg What do i do can t afford a new gpu now nbsp

A:Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game

Ok, i opened up the heatsink, it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned everything up.
I reinstalled the GPU on its usual port, and it wouldn't give me an image. So i set it on another port, and voila, image. i doubt it fixed my problem though.

I'm gonna report later if it goes out of sync again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-out-of-sync-shows-the-analog-digital-thing-when-in-game.174600/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need a pocket sized address book that can sync with WinXP. Any other tasks the device can do are a plus (and might help me choose). What device has a good address book that could be seen as a Rolodex replacement? Most things like this I've found seem to only be compatible with Windows 200 or older. I don't want my phone loaded up with my work contacts but I want that info easy to access. The most important thing would be the ability to look up the business name and find the names of the people there and other notes about them and the business. Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pocket-sized-address-book-that-can-sync-with-winxp.160824/
Relevancy 29.24%

Title pretty much says it all. I am a student and do a lot of work on my desktop. However, I take my laptop to school with me and would like it to transfer(sync) everything for me. I was thinking about writing a .bat file to do this for me, but it's been a long time since I've done any serious programming. Both computers are running windows 7 and connected via wireless network. I have a home group setup and I have not deeply looked through the sharing settings.

A:Wondering how to sync my documents from my desktop to laptop automatically

Checkout DropBox as a possible solution

Pluses:
> It's freeware. First 2GB storage is free (and if i recall reasonably priced after that)
> It'll both sync files between computers AND keep a copy on an available server should you need them from elsewhere

Make sure you use a PRIVATE Dropbox folder
Minuses:
> Files are kept on DropBox servers. PRIVATE folders should only be accessible by yourself with secure login but personally, i still don't put my "confidential" files on any public server just being "cyber" cautious

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-how-to-sync-my-documents-from-my-desktop-to-laptop-automatically.160735/
Relevancy 29.67%

My buddy has a Sylvania mp3 model# smpk8854b. He came to me because when he plugs it in, it his computer can't even recognize that it's plugged in, he said he has tried on 3 other computers. So here I am with the same issue, my computer is uptodate on everything I can think of and it still wont do anything. I googled around and this problem seems to be happening alot, but with little variations, I downloaded the virtual CD that was suppose to come with it and as far as I can tell its junk as well, apparantly, a mp3 player that came out 2 years ago uses win98 material.

Anyway, any and all help is welcomed and I thanks in advance, theres a free dinner in it for me if I can get it working! lol

A:Major Sylvania sync issues

Anyone?

Been trying some more and havn't been able to come to any conclusion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sylvania-sync-issues.159271/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello everyone I m a total computer nub and really don t know very much about hardware and what to do when things break but I am able to follow instructions so I m really hoping that someone here can help me as I m so upset about what s no sync and now error graphics! Transport Hyper flood happened I play WoW it s the only game I play and I used to play on a laptop yesterday I bought a brand new desktop PC specifically for playing WoW I was told that spec-wise this computer was total overkill and would have no problems whatsoever running it Between yesterday morning and pm today I have probably ayed for Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics! about hours and the Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics! PC was shut down overnight I played for hour today and all of a sudden my screen flickered black and the PC restarted needless to say I was shocked Upon restarting it showed an error quot Hyper transport flood error press f to resume quot so I pressed f and it booted up as normal so I thought no more of it and hoped it was a once time occurance I proceeded to reopen wow but as soon as I double clicked the icon the PC restarted again and presented me with the exact same error message This time though when it restarted and I pressed f my screen went black and said quot no signal quot as though my monitor had become unplugged or something So I checked all the connections Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics! which were all fine tried restarting the computer but the screen will not come back on I have plugged into the integrated graphics port to write this and all is working fine but as soon as I plug into the card I get the quot no signal quot message So far I have tried completely restoring the PC to factory settings uninstalled reinstalling the graphics drivers and disabling the onboard graphics in the BIOS which gave me a POST of long beep and short beeps I have also tried an old nvidia graphics card which does work but not properly I guess it is not compatible with windows as even after installed nvidias drivers it still did not display properly Does it sound like the graphics card is completely dead I m pretty sure that s what it is but would like a second opinion as I am so upset that the computer is only a day old and the graphics card has already broken and I think its quite strange that it was working perfectly until I got that strange error Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can offer some advice Specs ADVENT CBE CENTURION Black Edition AMD Phenom II X Ghz CPU stock up to Ghz in automated accelerated turbo overclocked mode - Foxconn AMD chip motherboard - GB DDRII RAM x GB Mhz - Watercooled CPU - for better noise reduction - Gigabyte AMD HD GB gaming graphics card with twin dual link DVI HDMI DisplayLink - GB HDD - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM nbsp

A:Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics!

I'd take it back to the shop if they claim 'no problems whatsoever'. HT link flood errors seem to be caused usually by too low voltage/current on CPU/memory, so it could mean insufficient (read: low quality) PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hyper-transport-flood-sync-error-and-now-no-graphics.159013/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,

running XP sp3 on both desktop and netbook. Zone Alarm firewall is on both machines, but has been configured to allow access each way.

I am using freefilesync and am trying to sync a folder and it's content (about 200mb) over my home network from the desktop PC to an SDHC card in the netbook card reader.

Whenever I run the sync it get an error message:

windows error message 5 access is denied.

I have googled, but don't know enough to separate what I need from the search results.

I have been able to copy and paste the folder and it's contents directly from the desktop to the netbook sdhc card, and appear to have read and write access each way.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Will

A:File sync over network to SDHC card

On the machine with the card, if you open My Computer, how does the SDHC card appear
or does it show up at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-over-network-to-sdhc-card.158074/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all Help needed please I am running windows x triple dual sync view problems HDMI core amd gig ddr and ati gfx I have been running a dual view setup without problems HDMI dual view sync problems using hdmi to my onkyo amp and which is outputting to my quot hitachi lcd screen I tried drag a game onto the lcd screen and i got a no sync message come up the screen and a black screen Now whenever i plug the hdmi cable in to the gfx card and reboot it displays the bios setup but as soon as it goes to windows it loses sync with the lcd and switches the main desktop screen off I have uninstalled reinstalled various ati drivers at least three times and used driver sweeper to be sure it was cleaned up If i plug the hdmi from the pc straight to the lcd screen everything is fine i have tried different hdmi cables and used other hdmi ports on the reciever and as i say HDMI dual view sync problems it works when not in windows thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-dual-view-sync-problems.156168/
Relevancy 30.1%

ok, so i have several movies in .avi format, and when played, on any media player, there is a sync problem. the sound comes before the video by about 4-6 seconds. this happens all throughout video. how do i fix this?

A:Audio sync problem with AVI

Did you try VLC? It should use its own codecs instead of system wide ones. It is most likely a codec issue and if VLC plays it fine you probably need to update the codec for whatever format the .avis contain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-sync-problem-with-avi.150788/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi apologies if this is in the wrong forum cant seem to find one that fits Right here s the background so you understand My new company has just given me a nice smart samsung omnipro PDA This has been setup sync Active contacts of sets 2 to sync with the works exchange Active sync 2 sets of contacts server via GPRS and download my mail contacts etc etc However i am still with my old company for the next few days and on their exchange server i have stored in my contacts about years worth of phone numbers of pretty much everyone i have needed to speak to Now im not leavng the old company as such the of them have partnered up so i need the phone numbers of about of them I access my exchange for the old company through Outlook using a secure HTTPS connection this means that i can see and edit my contacts mail etc etc i can only access my new company via an web based version of outlook Ok here s the problem having setup a partnership with my laptop via active sync it sees my outlook account and the PDA shows both the laptop account and the work account But if i sync to outlook on my laptop and thus get my old works contacts then when i try to change it to also then get my new company contacts via the GPRS connection activesync deletes the existing contacts In other words i cant sync both sets of contacts as doing one deletes the other I am sure there is an answer to this but i cant seem to find it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-sync-2-sets-of-contacts.143840/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have my iPod touch, Outlook and my one computer synced perfectly.

Now I want to sync my ipod to my second computer so Outlook and iTunes are exactly the same.

When I hook up the ipod to the second computer (under the Summary tab "Manually manage...box checked) I have a "Sync" option. But when I click on "Info" tab and check sync Contacts, etc I get an "Apply" button instead of "Sync".

Want to make sure I don't make any changes to the iPod.

What should I do to sync to the second computer?

A:Sync iPod Touch to second computer

Found this http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2137 any comments.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-ipod-touch-to-second-computer.142635/
Relevancy 29.67%

turn my computer on .. everything sounds like its booting up.. but the monitor says nothing but invalid sync and goes away .... not sure what my issue is here ... my vid card is properly snugged into its slot ... so its not that .... i read something about my monitor settings could be the problem ? idk.. confused ... any help would be greatly appreciaited

-pat

A:Video problem? invalid sync

You must be A+ Certified... What are your system specs? Try booting into Safe Mode and select "VGA" is you can see anything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-problem-invalid-sync.100257/
Relevancy 29.67%

I don't know what happened. My sound is off sync. The gunshots, foot steps etc is being heard from a different direction then it actually is happening. please help , thanks
mizdachubz

A:Counter strike audio off sync

are your speakers on the wrong side?

and if not, check if the program you use to manipulate your sound settings had an invert audio check box?

mine does, it's for people who need to use their speakers backwards due to cord length or special surround sound setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/counter-strike-audio-off-sync.92591/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've just started to use Vision 5 in Nero 8 and am burning a DVT-MS file to make a DVD-Video. Everything is good apart from the sound which appears to be about a second or two behind the video. Has anyone any ideas how to remidy this?

A:Audio video sync

Can we have your systems specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-sync.91245/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey, I would like to know if it possible to play audio on two different PCs through LAN and them being sync - like having four speakers instead of two. I don't want Dolby sound or anything like that, just being able two play a song at the same time. I do it manually - select the same songs on both the PCs, and trying to sync them by pressing the Play button at the same time, or in my case a few secs after hitting it on one of my PCs - but its just to hard and time consuming. I tried VLC player but it only streams the audio to the other PC and doesn't play it on the on the PC streaming it. Hope that I didnt confused you all but if I did , don't hesitate to ask any of your queries. :suspiciou

A:Audio Sync on two PC

Hi

Why ?

Buy a BIG pair of speakers and a large amplifier, and hope the neighbours dont mind ...

I use a program called VirtualDJ, it allows you to stream from 1 PC to any amount of PC's on a LAN, the only drawback is that the stream is delayed by about 10 seconds, I cant say I have heard of any software that will do this but there might be.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-sync-on-two-pc.67498/
Relevancy 30.53%

is it possible to take my 120 gig passport and sync my 60-some gig music file from my internal 200gig? like i want it to update my passport whenever new music is in there and vice versa.

A:sync software

see ALLWAY SYNC under the Review forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-software.68407/
Relevancy 30.53%
Relevancy 30.53%

when i play videos on windows media player, it goes out of sync after the 'commercials/break'. the commercials have been edited out and the show cuts straight back in as if there were no commercials. but it seems to only go out of sync after when the commercial would have been.

It does this little weird distorted pixel thing for about 2 secs after every commercial too, and then carries on but out of sync.

ive been watching these shows for ages but its only recently decided to go all weird.
maybe theres a codec that could sort this out?!

any ideas?

A:Out of sync video

How was the video captured and how where commercials cut out? If captured to tape media first, a lose of "control track" can cause a lose of time code. If this occurs the video and audio may be out of sync when captured on computer. I have seen this when capturing from dvcam tapes that begin to wear out. A "glitch" on the tape causes an interuption to the time code ,when captured on comp. there is a lose of sync. If commercial were cut out via tape pause then record, this can occur. If same video file has played correctly in the passed, the lose of control track may have corrupted the file. Some players are more tolerant than others, maybe try anther player like Divx player. You may also be able to correct this via video editng software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/out-of-sync-video.56111/
Relevancy 29.67%

A most perplexing problems, Dell has been of no help. New Axim X51V syncs fine on first attempt, but cannot sync after computer has been turned off. Have to uninstalled sync program and reinstall to sync computer with Axim. Have tried disabling firewall, no difference. This Axim is running Mobile 5.0, and the Sync program is ActiveSync 4.1 Everything is configuered correctly according to Dell and Microsoft. Computer is Dell Inspiron 8500, Running Windows Xp that I am using to sync with... Some conditions:
After first sync, Axim shows up on device manager
Am using USB to connect
When checking my "safely remove hardware icon, nothing show up here.
On second attempt to sync, computer doesn't find Axim, I get a balloon that says" Wireless connection is now connected" (that's weird)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-recognize-axim-x51v-after-first-sync.43519/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey,

I have just noticed that all of my games runs better when vertical sync is enabled in-game. But here's the problem, i also play a game called Lineage 2, but i cant enable Vertical Sync in-game. So is there any way that i can enable for a game that doesent have the Vertical Sync function in-game, like a program or something?

Peace

A:Enable Vertical Sync?

If you have an ATI card, right click on the desktop, select Propertes-Advanced-3D

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enable-vertical-sync.24956/
Relevancy 29.67%

I m having some problems converting a divx movie that I have into vcd or svcd The audio slowly goes out of sync and I don t quite know enough about this process to figure out why First I tried AVS VideoConverter and it took all night to make it into an SVCD and the sound came out really bad it sounded like when you fastfoward a cd yet without being sped up - just the missing out part So then I tried to just make it a VCD well it came out pretty good except after about minutes you could begin to see audio sync problems and it was unwatchable not long after So I thought well maybe thats caused by the audio stream problems Divx -> sync audio (S)VCD in the divx being vbr rather than cbr So last night I tried another movie going to vcd that had a cbr audio stream Same problem Then I decided I d just try and do Divx -> (S)VCD audio sync problems it the hard way using VirtualDub and DVD SVCD via the instructions on this site http www dvdrhelp com forum userguides php Well I didn t get far in that process I got to where I split my movie into segments and then did as they suggested and opened it up in Winamp and WMP and the audio is out of sync again as it progresses So I have no idea why its doing this After that I decided well I ll just extract the audio as a wav like the guide says when I did the PCM it should have taken care of any sync problems caused by changing from vbr but I don t know enough in virtual dub or anything on how to extract just the video and then put them back together again because I m thinking that is a surefire way to make sure they line up correctly So if any of you know what the problem is and how to fix it or an easier way to deal with divx - gt s vcd conversion that would be helpful to me nbsp

A:Divx -> (S)VCD audio sync problems

yeah... i used to have this problem with my celeron too.. specially with divx movies.. seems the audio or video went faster than the other (gradually).. dunno which 1 tho.. anyhoo.. that problem quickly vanished after i got a P4..dunno if its the soundcard or vid card or cpu.. all i know is that a faster pc made that problem disapear

wish i could be of more help...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/divx-s-vcd-audio-sync-problems.11364/
Relevancy 30.53%

Some friends told me that disabling vsync could help me get more fps in a game, but i dont kno how to disable it. the game is Joint Operations, my vid card is a gigabyte radeon 9200SE 64mb, cpu is amd 2800+ barton

A:Disabling V-Sync

It's covered in our ATI Tweak guide. Disabling it can sometimes give the perception of a smoother frame rate though, can't say I do it myself though either really.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-v-sync.14674/
Relevancy 30.96%

OK Fellows, I understand this would be a newbie question..... but just want to make sure I'm getting the best performance possible.

I have an MSI KT3 Ultra 2 mobo, Athlon 2200XP CPU and Kingston 512mb 333DDR memory........ I've read in many reviews that the FSB and ram should be SYNC in order to get best performance of both...... How do I do this?, I'm running at standard bios settings!!!...... and don't know if I should clock down the memory?

If the memory is clocked down to run sync with the cpu, will this lower the system gaming performance????

Thanx in advance!!!!

A:Fsb & Ram Sync?????

If you run the memory at 166, it's faster then the FSB which is at 133. So it won't result in any performance gains, but it won't result in a performance loss either ( contrary to the Nforce 1/2 which performs best when the Ram is in sync with the FSB ).

In other words, it's not a problem, & the extra bandwidth can even be used by other devices that happen to run in DMA mode without bothering the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fsb-ram-sync.9046/
Relevancy 29.67%

Don't tell me to buy a new card..... I know it's old. ;-)
I have newer Tech. but this old thing still produces a playable
Quake2 game in Win '98..... but the W2K driver is not as good.

well the subject says it all - I've got an old Creative 3D blaster
Savage 4, the '98 drivers have a "disable vertical sync" setting
but not the W2K one's - help, this causes VERY crappy frame rates!!!
There must be a reg hack or something.... maybe some other
drivers??

A:How do I turn off Vert. Sync. in W2K on my Savage 4?

Can you disable it in Quake 2 some way? I've never played Q2 so I'm not too familiar with it's preferences and all that.
Maybe a 3rd party program?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-vert-sync-in-w2k-on-my-savage-4.1811/
Relevancy 29.67%

Like the title says. I load up any mpeg video (except divx) and after about a minute or 2 the audio and the video go out of sync then if I can stand it long enough (another minute or 2) the video glitches and then the audio is synced again fine for another couple minutes. .avi and .asf files don't do this so it has to be something in my mpeg codec but I don't know of a place to get a new codec. Its a pain to have to burn them onto a video cd just to watch without the syncronization problem.

WinXP
WMP 8
WMP 6.4

A:Odd mpeg video audio sync problem

I had this problem.

I am sorry, but I can't tell you what made it go away, because I honestly don't know. I have been through about 3 motherboards and CPUs since then...

It was something to do with my hard drive being accessed whilst trying to play a movie from there.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-mpeg-video-audio-sync-problem.1420/
Relevancy 29.67%

I've got office 2010 and for my calender I'm using outlook 2010's
but if I don't start outlook I miss a reminder that I have setup.

Is there anyway to have a calender always running in my task bar
to set appointments & keep an eye on my schedule during the day
instead of always having to start outlook or keep it running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-way-to-sync-outlook-2010-calender-with-my-desktop-in-xp.152139/
Relevancy 30.1%

Can somebody explain in easy to understand terms just how firefox sync works? Since SeaMonkey is related to firefox, will it include those passwords/bookmarks too? Thanks.

A:How does Firefox Sync work?

Did you try the FF Help menu to search for it?

With the current state of Search (aka google) and Open products like Mozilla, Help or Google will typically result in a good result
and certainly produce results MUCH faster than posting to any bulletin board.

btw: see this link

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-firefox-sync-work.189359/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello all New to the forum and hoping someone can help me pin down Sync Removing Driver broken Manager HTC and solve this problem I ve got an HTC One M and a home built PC running Windows bit I have two Seagate portable hard drives and a Western Digital MyBook portable hard drive that are all connected all the time as axillary storage backup When I connected my phone to my pc via a standard usb cable it loaded the default driver package as you would expect With the One M the device appears as a portable device and adds a virtual CD drive with the Sync Manager software The default action for the virtual CD drive is to install Sync Manager and in the right click context menu for the drive the message HTC Sync Manager- USB Driver Update is Available is in bold as the default action Here s my problem the auto-loaded software has hijacked the default action Removing broken HTC Sync Manager Driver for one of my Seagate drives as well Now when I double click the Seagate drive it delivers an error prompt stating Application Not Found If I right click the drive and look at the context menu it shows the same HTC Sync Manager - USB Driver Update is Removing broken HTC Sync Manager Driver Available in bold as the default action This is the only drive on my computer that has been hijacked by this botched driver install neither of the other Removing broken HTC Sync Manager Driver portable drives nor the SSD or other physical drives operate any differently than normal default action is open I ve gone into Device Manager and removed the drivers for both the virtual CD drive and the portable device HTC One M but the context menu default action remains HTC Sync Manager message that returns application not found I m comfortable with registry edits but I don t really know what to look for to restore normal function to my portable drive If anyone could advise on what steps I should take to gather info that might help in this solution or point me in the right direction I d greatly appreciate it HTC support says it s not their fault Microsoft says it s not their fault all very frustrating nbsp

A:Removing broken HTC Sync Manager Driver

To clarify, I've tried to install HTC Sync Manager and configure it to not open when the phone is plugged in, and I've since uninstalled HTC Sync Manager as neither attempt worked to remedy the problem. I don't want the HTC software on my computer as there is no need for it, being an android device that you can simply open like a flash drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-broken-htc-sync-manager-driver.206568/
Relevancy 30.53%

I ve been catching up on out Videos sync of some naruto shippuden recently All the files I have are in MKV format and since WMP doesn t recognise the subs on the video I m using the Classic Player Problem is I open up the video it plays fine for about or minutes then the audio keeps playing and the video starts to get out of sync like it s lagging It gets so bad I can t even watch it I Videos out of sync was thinking about downloading VLC but my internet is down at home right now Any suggestions maby there are settings i can change to help Also I do have a virus scan running but that shouldn t make it lag out like this since i tried opening it up in WMP and it plays fine just without subs EDIT Took a look at some of the video information and it s not great at all Framerate - Sync offset avg ms dev ms Videos out of sync Frames after approx mins drawn Dropped Jitter ms Bitrate avg Kb s I also noticed that there are buffers and the rd isn t doing anything at all not sure if it is or not so basically what I m seeing is that it s dropping approximatly of the frames for what reason I have no clue nbsp

A:Videos out of sync

Wiki references "Multiple Kill Vehicle"

Open source MKV files
http://matroska.org/downloads/windows.html
with codec pack(s) to go
http://www.cccp-project.net/ :haha:

I've been catching up on some naruto shippuden recently.Click to expand...

Please explain?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-out-of-sync.141881/
Relevancy 29.67%

This is something I have struggled with for a long time so now I m seaking outside help I m trying to sync my music collection Linux Windows between sync option Good and between my main game Pc Windows XP my media server Win my quot shop quot laptop Xubuntu and my quot take with me quot laptop Ubuntu oh and my g f Win laptop I m probabaly going to stop keeping music on my gaming machine and just Good sync option between Windows and Linux stream from my media server but my two laptop don t Good sync option between Windows and Linux have that option all the time mostly the Ubuntu laptop that I take with me everywhere I would like anytime I add or remove a song from my Ubuntu laptop for it to happen on all other machines Same for the other computers I used Drop Box for syncing smaller files but I have about gigs for music To much for any free cloud syncing programs I have found I tried Unison and it installs wonderfully on Ubuntu but doesnt want to work worth crap for my on Win Any sugguetions I would like to keep them fairly simple and automated Come home boot up laptop new music syncs nbsp

A:Good sync option between Windows and Linux

After doing more digging around I haven't really found anything free that meets my needs. Thinking of just doing the paid Ubuntu One 20gig setup for $2.99 a month and give it a try.

Unless anyone else has a better suggestion. They are cheaper than Dropbox's $10 for 50gigs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-sync-option-between-windows-and-linux.179462/
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently got a new iPod 5th generation. It syncs fine but the only problem i am having I cant change any settings in itunes of the ipod every time i try i get a message saying " The iPod "xxx" cannot be synced the required disk can not be found" I understand that because as soon i connect it, it syncs and then disconnects immediately the icon still appears on itunes but not in windows explorer. But how do i fix it?

A:iTunes sync problem

See if you can "restore" the iPod to factory fresh, then add your music, pictures and videos

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-sync-problem.138463/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have an entertainment budget and I make it a hobby of mine to go around to our local used cd stores and pawnshops every week or two to see if they have any new cd's I like. now's the time folks! to get those cd's at a good price before they go the way of the vinyl records! anyway...sometimes I will find a band I like and take it home and rip it / (and I store the original!) and I seem to generate clutter wherever I go...I have 4 or 5 music folders going. Is there an easy way to sync these folders together? so I only have one folder with all my rips in it?
tyvm in advance

A:How do you sync folders in Win7?

Merging many to one is different than SYNC - - I think of sync as getting a duplicate set of files from a system to a portable device, eg iPhone, iPad, iPod - -

So; can you be more specific please; you'll get a better answer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-sync-folders-in-win7.187292/
Relevancy 28.81%

Main Questions What is causing the Hyper Transport Sync Flood What is causing the BIOS Recovery to start Is it a fault with one of my components or do they just not agree with each other Hey everyone I recently just installed a new Transport Flood Sync crashing, flickering monitor - Hyper graphics card into my PC Unfortunately I can t run it at the moment so Hyper Transport Sync Flood - crashing, flickering monitor I can t get fully accurate specs MSI -G Mobo GB RAM - MHz DDR x GB Hyper Transport Sync Flood - crashing, flickering monitor Corsair Modules x GB XMS Corsair Module Old graphics card Intel Radeon New graphic card Intel Sapphire HD Processor AMD ADX OCGMBOX Athlon II X - GHz AM CPU I ve had my mobo overclocked all of the time with the old card for over a year with no problems I ve underclocked it for now to see if that will make a difference The new graphics card requires a connection to the PSU which the previous one didn t and the reason that I suspect it s the graphics card at fault is because my monitor started to flicker before going fully white and crashing I ve investigated a little bit and have come to the conclusion that my graphics card is overheating after minutes of use and when I restart my PC I get a black screen with all of my PC specs and a message saying A Hyper Transport sync flood error occured on last boot Press F to Resume I ve asked a friend but want another opinion on this He said it s because of lack of cooling within my PC What can I do to fix this EDIT Every time I restart now It comes up with this message BIOS recovery requested Starting BIOS Recovery Please insery USB flash Disk with BIOS file Checking for USB device EDIT Fixed Had to reset CMOS then switch back to my old card Reconfiguring my mobo now EDIT Just connected everything back up with the old card Getting the BIOS problem again EDIT After about an hour of being shut down it s decided to work again However when loading everything up a list of all my components and peripherals were shown through a system message which it s never done before EDIT Reconnected the case fan and the BIOS recovery message occurred again After another hour or so of being turned off the PC started normally and hasn t crashed nbsp

A:Hyper Transport Sync Flood - crashing, flickering monitor

Can you clean this post up a bit and ask your questions in a more direct and clearer way. Your "edit" style is not good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hyper-transport-sync-flood-crashing-flickering-monitor.175465/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all, when i burn Dvd's using files on my computer i recorded off of tivo the lip sync is all out of whack. The files on my comp play fine, its just when i burn them to DVD's. Is there anyway to fix this. Tivo records them in mpeg files. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-dvd-lip-sync-problems.83447/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello,

I'm using Nero 7 to burn .avi files to DVD and the audio is about 5 seconds behind the video.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

A:Nero 7 Lip Sync problem

Whoops....been there done that..gave up

You might want to investigate this site also: http://www.videohelp.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-7-lip-sync-problem.83175/
Relevancy 29.67%

hello, i'm new to the forum, just wondering if someone can tell my why i'm having problems with my dvd's. Everytime i burn a dvd the words dont go along with how the lips are moving on the screen. Does that mean i have a slow dvd burner? or am I running too many programs while i'm burning the dvd? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what's happening.

A:Burnt DVDs have audio sync problems

anonymousman said:

hello, i'm new to the forum, just wondering if someone can tell my why i'm having problems with my dvd's. Everytime i burn a dvd the words dont go along with how the lips are moving on the screen. Does that mean i have a slow dvd burner? or am I running too many programs while i'm burning the dvd? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what's happening.Click to expand...

What program do you use to burn the dvds? Are you using an internal or external dvd rewriter? What speed do you burn them at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burnt-dvds-have-audio-sync-problems.98940/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok on iTunes, everything is fine apart from the fact that whenever i download podcasts it keeps failing to sync to my iPod, but if i retry the download it will then work but this is a frequent problem and to be quite honest is starting to piss me off lol.

Any help will be appreciated.

PS : Everything downloads and sync correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-failing-to-sync-to-ipod-download-twice.71435/
Relevancy 30.1%

There are many backup concepts and implementations which I will not embark upon here but one of the easiest to use is File Sync review Allway Replication If you suffer a failure there s lots to do to Allway Sync review getting things back to normal Getting your data back to where you were before the nightmare can be a long and frustrating exercise My favorite Sync tool is Allway Sync The tool allows you to define Files or Folders to be sync d and an option to sync both ways where the backup file might be modified on the target system or only one-way which is my laptop usage The FREE version has a trigger to limit the amount of data being sync d and suggestions you purchase a license to solve the problem My solution is be highly selective in what is backed-up perform backups manually and limit the frequency week or month I backup a just few folders and my email Not everything in My Documents is significant so I select subdirectries and exclude a whole raft of stuff Any new files in the selected subdirs will automatically be included in the next Sync As for email it s just a matter of knowing where to look for the inbox The data is located inside the Profiles see attached If I suffer a failure and after getting the system running again I can just reverse the direction and restore all that precious data nbsp

A:Allway Sync review

Good thread, will concider using this for my next backups.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allway-sync-review.53686/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a D: drive for my documents and an X: drive for back ups... its also my portable harddrive.

lately, everytime i upload my pictures to my harddrive (in the D: partition) I find myself have to do copy from harddrive to portable harddrive just to 'back up' the files

is there an easier/automatic way of doing this? so that everytime i upload any new pictures, it automatically goes to my X drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-my-folders.65541/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi All I have an idea and I d really really like people s thoughts about it I want to sync my pst files between my desktop and laptop and have been trying to find a solution for ages that does not cost me anything that is I sync my emails with Yahoo using POP My idea is this move the and laptop between 2003 Outlook Sync PC default location of my pst Sync Outlook 2003 between PC and laptop and archive pst to a specific shared folder on my PC and then ensure that outlook can still find it and won t want to redownload all my emails held on the Yahoo server setup outlook on the laptop and again move the default location of the pst and archive pst to a specified shared folder I want to be able to access the yahoo POP server with outlook on the laptop again without having to worry about all my old emails being redownloaded use synctoy to sync the pst file and archive pst files over my network I am hoping that if I get it right I can download emails change the calendar complete a task or whatever in either copy of the pst file then just hit sync with synctoy and voil - both pst files are up to date What do people think I have never used sync toy and when I ve tried do things with pst files in the past I end up downloading all my old emails again I don t delete them from the server when I download them as I like to know they re safe Will nbsp

A:Sync Outlook 2003 between PC and laptop

Yes:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291627

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync-outlook-2003-between-pc-and-laptop.109775/
Relevancy 30.53%

Let's say I've got a music folder on my laptop and a music folder on my desktop. I keep the same music on both of the computers seperatly, and I download it on both. I also have some games that I play on both computers, and I keep the savegames the same. I am tired of trying to syncronize them manually, so I was wondering if anyone new how I could keep them in sync just by clicking an update button or something. I wanted to use briefcase, but I could'nt figure out how to link the files so you can transfer them both ways. Something too that I can just link the files, not move them into a folder, because savegames and stuff has to stay where it is at for the game to work right

A:Sync'ed Files

LapLink comes to mind
http://www.laplink.com/default.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/synced-files.10230/
Relevancy 30.53%

I used Virtualdub to join together a divx movie and a wav voice track. The audio sync is off when I advance ahead in the movie. What can I do to fix this?

A:off sync audio

If I am not mistaken the AVIutls package has a feature to sync AVI audio and video, probably some other video editing software has it too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/off-sync-audio.2675/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello all,

I've been looking for some time for a $subject but I can't find anything so far

This f... sucker of PalmDesktop REQUIRES to run as an admin in order to do anything, with all the security problems that this implies... So, do I have a solution other than changing the ACLs on all of the PalmDesktop directory, ie a correctly written piece of software that can do the same things as PalmDesktop, but as a user?

A:Palm PDA<->Outlook sync software that DOES NOT REQUIRE admin privileges

I have found that you only have to install it under Admin , mine all run fine After I revert the user back to normal.
eg. I add my wife " User Limitied " to the Admin group . Install the software logged on her account . Hotsync. then Remove her from Admin .
It's a small pain , but it works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/palm-pda-outlook-sync-software-that-does-not-require-admin-privileges.45675/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello all,

I've been looking for some time for a $subject but I can't find anything so far

This f... sucker of PalmDesktop REQUIRES to run as an admin in order to do anything, with all the security problems that this implies... So, do I have a solution other than changing the ACLs on all of the PalmDesktop directory, ie a correctly written piece of software that can do the same things as PalmDesktop, but as a user?

A:Palm PDA<->Outlook sync software that DOES NOT REQUIRE admin privileges

I have found that you only have to install it under Admin , mine all run fine After I revert the user back to normal.
eg. I add my wife " User Limitied " to the Admin group . Install the software logged on her account . Hotsync. then Remove her from Admin .
It's a small pain , but it works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/palm-pda-outlook-sync-software-that-does-not-require-admin-privileges.45675/
Relevancy 28.81%

Intel's Chief Graphics Software Architect David Blythe has confirmed to The Tech Report that the company will support the VESA Adaptive Sync standard in its products at some point in the future. This would allow PCs powered solely by Intel...

Read more

A:Intel will reportedly support VESA Adaptive Sync technology in the future

Ummm, Nvidia dominates pc gaming gpu market so how could they loose? Do you have any figures to support theses claims? If anything G-sync wins if no real contender enters the arena. Would prefer if VESA thing was standard and all would use it but as I said Amd is at all time low with no hope in sight and when there's no other companies making these products there's no real competition for g-sync. Anyone who uses integrated graphic don't know or care about these things so intels move doesn't contribute one bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-will-reportedly-support-vesa-adaptive-sync-technology-in-the-future.218393/
Relevancy 30.1%

We really want to know the frequency of you guys using sync tools everyday.

A:Does sync tools popular here?

Hmm; You can do that, but why EVERY day?

Assuming you are storing in a Cloud with the intent of accessing your data with multiple devices, perhaps at remote locations - -
I would sync when I anticipated I would be using another device very soon.​
If you allow family members or others to have access to your data, then perhaps daily is the right way to go

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-sync-tools-popular-here.213507/
Relevancy 29.67%

My clock wont stop jumping hours ahead in time. I can change it manually, but every so often it changes itself ahead. I have the time zone correctly set to EST.

A:Windows Clock - Sync - Errors

This thread is marked Solved by you? do you still need help?
your time zone should be set to EDT But I digress. If your computer is changing time then the CMOS battery on the motherboard must be changed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-clock-sync-errors-976209.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello All,

If i enable sync setting at windows 8, is it all the setting on my pc are save in Microsoft Account? and If i reformat OS back, then all setting will be restore back?

Thank You

A:Sync PC Setting

If I am correct, you're speaking of the sync settings that allow all of your PCs to be similar for favorites and wallpaper.

Only certain data is backed up to Microsoft, including Internet Favorites, Desktop Theme and other personalized data. It is NOT a way to backup your system, then restore it back to normal

To do that, you would need a backup program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/sync-pc-setting-1034745.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Will Yahoo! Calendar Sync with other calendar software programs?

A:Yahoo! Calendar Sync ?

Masterchiefxx17, dose Yahoo! Calendar uses ical

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/yahoo-calendar-sync-1018122.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok so for some time now malware bytes is blocking my metro/modern/etc IE of windows 8.1 from redirecting to androrat.xx.xx (put x's for safety but it's co.cc) and to ncrypt.xx (it started with ncrypt but today i saw the androrat one and - kinda forgot about this one but i do know it might be .in or something)

OH and dds wouldn't run so i got info from this thread named can't run dd

OK so for some messed up reason it's not letting me post the FRST since the board keeps complaining

"The text that you have entered is too long (111723 characters). Please shorten it to 100000 characters long." - although it's longer then 111723 so.. instead i uploaded the log

A:Redirecter in my win 8.1 sync settings or ???

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not seeing any sign of malware in your logs.

Sounds like MBAM is doing it's job, warning you of possibly dodgy sites.

If you feel these sites are OK, you can submit the URLs to MBAM for further analysis:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/inde...site-blocking/

If you wish to proceed...

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Do NOT click the green 'Download' button(if visible).
Click the blue 'Download now @bleepingcomputer' button.
Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Cleaning
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
------------------------------------------------------Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
On the Dashboard, click the Scan Now button.
A check for database updates will be performed.
After the update check completes, a Threat Scan will begin.
When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Remove Selected to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
In most cases, a restart will be required and a prompt will be shown.
Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes
After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
Click on the History tab > Application Logs
Double-click on the scan log which shows the Date and Time of the scan just performed.
Click Export
Click Text file (*.txt)
In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
A message box named File Saved should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
Click Ok
Attach that saved log to your next reply.

Please run this online scan to help look for remnants. Ensure your external and/or USB drives are inserted during the scan.

In Microsoft Windows Vista/Win7/Win8, you must open the Web browser via a right-click using the Run as administrator command.

Go here and click 'Run ESET Online Scanner'.If you are not using Internet Explorer, double-click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to install it, then click 'Run'.
Turn off the real-time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan. Here's how
Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
Click Start
If using Internet Explorer, allow the ActiveX control to install when asked.
Once the components have downloaded, tick the option Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
Click on Advanced Settings
Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked.
Ensure these options are ticked:Scan Archives
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

Next to 'Current scan targets: Operating memory, Local drives', click the Change... button.
Tick all the boxes that correspond to your external/inserted drives.
Click Start
Wait for the scan to finish.
When the scan is done, if it shows a screen that says "Threats found!", click "List of found threats", and then click "Export to text file..."
Save that text file to your desktop, and then copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Please post the following in your next reply:

AdwCleaner log
MBAM log
ESET report

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/redirecter-in-my-win-8-1-sync-settings-or-1002914.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone I have problems with my Xbox wireless controller My controller won't sync to my PC anymore The controller was working fine til I tried to install the unofficial drivers to get chatpad suppport on win I was following this tutorial https code google com p xbox wirelesschatpad sync controller with While installing PC Chatpad won't Xbox360 Xbox360 And somewhere around the installation of the LibUSB v something went wrong and now I'm stuck with a controller that won't sync with my PC anymore The controller turns on just fine but when I press the sync button on the controller and the sync button on the USB dongle to pair both devices the controller blinks to confirm connection but keeps on blinking and never shows quadrant assigned While installing Xbox360 Chatpad Xbox360 controller won't sync with PC to player The USB dongle is recognized by computer While installing Xbox360 Chatpad Xbox360 controller won't sync with PC under device manager but no sign of the xbox controller I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the USB dongle driver but the controller still won't sync System restore is off I use an SSD as my C drive so I prevent System Restore from overwritting to the SSD I've however a backup of my entire C drive but is about months old Is there a way to fix my problem Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this matter

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/376788-while-installing-xbox360-chatpad-xbox360-controller-wont-sync-pc.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Keep your files backed-up and synching together across all of your devices using OneDrive Desktop App for Windows which offers gb free cloud storage for each Windows Live Hotmail Outlook ID and sells more for cheap It can be Cloud with to the your OneDrive Store Backup Sync, Files and as easy as dragging anything you want backed up into OneDrive formerly SkyDrive folder which lives both on your HD and in the Cloud which is the gauzy name for MS Servers But with a few more minutes configuration you'll have your User folders stored in the cloud ready to access on the internet and sync'd to any of your devices After trying several methods for over a year I've settled on physically moving the active User folders to the OneDrive folder with the steps in User Folders - Change Default Location You can also place the OneDrive folder on any other HD but be Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with OneDrive aware that if it is moved from C and you use Win Backup Imaging it will force the inclusion of the data drive to which Onedrive and or User folders are moved since they are System folders You can do the same on all your PC's and have one master set of files hosted and kept Sync'd this way by Onedrive even access them from any device anywhere via the internet share them publicly by invitation or link In using this method the only risk is if you'd delete a file or folder and have it sync on other devices before you realize you still need it In this case the file folder will be in each Recycle Bin For this reason I'd uncheck Recycle Bin in CCleaner so that it is only emptied manually when you have the chance to review contents Alternative method If you prefer not to move the User folders into Skydrive folder you can also copy each one there delete the content in the C User folder then rightclick each User folder in Onedrive to add it to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows Forums If you use this Library method keep each empty C User folder in the Library so you can visually monitor if any files land there and simply drag them over to the Onedrive User folder You may want to leave some files which exceed the Onedrive size limit in C user folder so they don't cause an oversize error message

A:Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with OneDrive

Hi Greg,

Sounds like a pretty nifty idea. I've got a similar idea and I'm sure there is a downside to it that escapes me at the moment, but instead of copying why not just change the location of your user's document folder from its default location, i.e. via right clicking on the folder, then properties, and then the location tab and choosing change location, and moving it to within your SkyDrive folder on your hard drive? I guess the down side would be every document you saved, unless you made a conscious effort to "Save As" in an alternative location, it would naturally if a document, be automatically saved in the "Default" user's documents folder, which now after the change in locations would happen to be the newly relocated user's "Documents" folder now inside the SkyDrive folder which gets synced to the cloud and you might not want it in the cloud. That's the only downside I can see. Can you think of others? I'm sure I got to be missing something...

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/275667-sync-backup-store-your-files-cloud-onedrive.html
Relevancy 24.51%

Some time ago I had some files I tried to remove. Part of 1 did not go. Ever since I get this pop-up window - "sync.exe" when I start my computer. It also at times (not always) lists - PC fighter 1011964 - and/or "failed to load branding configuration" I have no idea if it is hurting my computer at all - it is just a bother. I use Windows 7 - never go near -
facebook/any social media/ebay - etc. do not play games. If you can help me wipe this out - I would appreciate it.
Thank you revrod2

A:remove "sync.exe"

Look for an entry or two for SLOW-PCfighter or similar in the Scheduled Tasks and delete this folder if you have it:

c:\program files\Fighters

Beyond that you need to start a new thread in the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-sync-exe.1146372/
Relevancy 29.67%

just bought Lincoln and found out there is no feature to backup and restore all the settings and data In "sync"
This would be required if have to "reset" the program
Reinstalling all of the data and settings would take a long time and there is no way that I know of to determine what all of the data is
Would be very useful program for all of Lincoln and ford owners and dealers
Apparently "sync"needs to be reset once in a while
Hope there is someone out there with the skills to do this
Thanks for reading this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backup-restore-for-lincoln-sync.1152639/
Relevancy 30.1%

Last week I had a close call and just about lost all my business files on my computer. I guess it time to put a plan into play. Can anyone advise on backup of sync software? What is the difference? What do I need? What I would like to do is keep an identical copy of my files on a external drive. When I say identical I mean I identical. If I delete a file at the source I want it to be deleted at the target. oh yes, also if it could backup/ sync only what has changed from day to day and I can make a schedule. I don't want encryption or compressed just a simple identical copy in a place of my choice. Anybody have advise for me.... thx

A:Sync or backup software

There may be other solutions out there, but I use Allway Sync for home and business solutions. Disclaimer: I have no business interest in the company, and have no financial gain to make from this recommendation

It uses a metadata file to compare changes between the source and destination, and will delete files on the latter which have been delete on the former (as you intimated). It can also save to a variety of different locations, depending on your needs. For example, I have a NAS at home which is my primary backup location, but I also purchased Office 365 and this provides 1TB of cloud storage per user account. I use this as an alternate backup location for Allway Sync, too.

You can download and use the application as a tester, albeit with some restrictions based upon licensing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-or-backup-software.1154207/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone I m growing a bit tired of copying and updating myself all the files from my laptop into my external hard drive I have tried the WD SmartWare that came with the drive but didn t like it very much So I need a new software sync backup choosing for a Help software for that and since I don t know much about the subject I m asking for your help here My idea is basically putting all my stuff in the external hard drive so that on the laptop I have only the files I m working on at the moment I want the software to copy and update the files from my laptop into my Help choosing a sync software for backup external hard drive but without loosing or deleting the files that were already on the external drive meaning if I delete a file on my laptop I don t want Help choosing a sync software for backup it to be deleted from the external drive as well Other than that the syncing can be automatic or not I don t mind having to manually start the backup but being able to set up schedule tasks would be nice I would prefer something simple to use and free if possible but I am considering all options here Most of all I want a safe and reliable program that works well without too many problems Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:Help choosing a sync software for backup

I don't use any.

Having said that, any data that is only stored in a single location is NOT a BACKUP. A backup is a copy. So if the original is lost/damaged, you have another copy. For safety, you should actually create more than one copy.

In the scenario you outlined above, when the external drive fails (and it will fail), you will lose the copies of the files you are using, and all of the other stuff that you moved off of the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-choosing-a-sync-software-for-backup.1153035/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have Evernote on my home desktop, my iPad, my Android Note 3, and my laptop. However, it doesn't appear to be syncing.

I went online and did a few things according to their advice: I made sure internet was working, closed and reopened, made sure I have an updated version.....all of those things had no effect.

Any ideas? Any advice appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evernote-will-not-sync-between-my-devices.1153079/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've been trying to figure out how to transfer the music from my ipod to my computer as i just got a new one. The old Ipod is a generation 2 Ipod touch, and i just got new iTouch
Thanks for the help!

PS: My OS is Windows 7.

A:Any idea to sync my old iPod touch songs to computer?

You use iTunes. Sync with the old iPod, then sync with the new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-idea-to-sync-my-old-ipod-touch-songs-to-computer.1028344/
Relevancy 29.67%

i get an error when i plug it in it says "iTunes could not connect to this iPod because an unknown error occured (0xE8000068)."
I have been unable to find a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-touch-has-bad-error-and-wont-sync.1026504/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am using Devcpp. I am trying to compile a file from there, and I cannot. The problem is I added some new functions to a class in my library that I created. It doesn't find the new functions, because for some reason it is not using the file I modified. This class is split up into an .hpp file and a .cpp file. I was able to add the functions to the .cpp file, because it would show me that file when I clicked on the error, and I opened up the file I added it to, and copied and pasted into this file, but I can't get to the .hpp file, becuase I don't know where it is, and so it gives me the error. I can compile fine from the command line.

A:Solved: Devcpp file out of sync

I found where that file is, and I have no errors, but now it will tell me it's skipping incompatible libraries. It will build the program, but the program will say it's not a valid win32 application. I checked and it's generating 32 bit code. I also reinstalled the program, but it is still giving me the errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-devcpp-file-out-of-sync.1125924/
Relevancy 29.67%

There are many applications and services to Sync & Store Bookmarks of different Browsers online. But I want a user friendly application to Sync & Store Bookmarks of different Browsers on my computer locally. Please share thoughts and sugessions as to how to accomlish this.

A:How to Sync & Store Bookmarks on your computer

The point of syncing is to make sure bookmarks on different devices you use have the same set of bookmarks. Syncing with something stored on one computer isn't going to work.
Not all browsers can import bookmarks from a different browser.

You can store your bookmarks locally either by exporting them to your desktop or a USB stick.

Then you take the USB stick with the bookmarks and move from one device to another importing the bookmarks. This requires lots of labor on your part. Exporting the bookmarks at the end of each day, if you have made any changes then going around to all the devices (computers, tablets, cellphones) and importing the new file into each device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-sync-store-bookmarks-on-your-computer.1154379/
Relevancy 29.67%

When attempting to download the Mega Sync client from MEGA I receive a warning from Symantec End Point Protection warning me that the file may not be safe. As far as I can see the Mega Sync client is safe to use, but wonder if anyone else has received this warning and managed to proceed without incident.

Many thanks

Kayferz

A:Mega Sync Client Antivirus Warning

Hi,
That may have occurred due to less number of users (for Mega Sync's new executable).
If you trust the program, you may add exceptions for it in SEP.
Which version of SEP are you using?
If you doubt the Mega Sync executable, please upload it to www.virustotal.com for scanning.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583024/mega-sync-client-antivirus-warning/
Relevancy 26.23%

Yesterday my Outlook stopped retrieving e-mail from the file won't account Outlook 2010 e-mail to Outlook.pst sync Comcast server When I tried to fix it today it still wouldn't work All the settings were correct but it wouldn't retrieve Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file my e-mail I deleted the account and recreated it Now Outlook points to a Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file new pst file instead of my old Outlook pst file named myemail comcast net pst To make matters worse it doesn't delete the mail off the server Before when I would open Outlook it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox No more Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox It s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook pst folder but that made no difference I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update KB but this did not help either This is a complete disaster for me as I can't even send e-mail now except through the server Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Outlook 2010 e-mail account won't sync to Outlook.pst file

I figured this out.  When I reconfigured my e-mail account in Outlook, I used IMAP settings instead of POP3.  This was not how I did it before.  IMAP works great if one wants to keep all e-mail out on the server and access it from various devices.  That isn't what I do.  I changed the profile to POP3 and the poblem was solved.  Still don't know why it initially failed two nights ago, though. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583041/outlook-2010-e-mail-account-wont-sync-to-outlookpst-file/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 and mail sync was working previously but problem with downloading mails from PlusNet in the UK.
My gmail account syncs ok, I have checked all the settings are okay from my email provider and they are ok. Spoke to plusnet about it and they said that all was ok at their end and that if settings are fine there is no reason it should not work. Any ideas anybody ?
Thanks if you have
Gary

A:Windows 10 mail won't sync

Same here, Gary. I use BT on my Windows phone which works good. I've tried everything to no avail to get BT mail synced with my laptop - it was okay on W 8.1. I've read somewhere that an update will be issued in about a week that should resolve the issue.

The error code I get is 0x8007271d, and yesterday 6 people had requested an answer without a reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585853/windows-10-mail-wont-sync/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Since yesterday when I changed my lock screen and desktop background window color I've been unable to get my Settings Will 8.1 Sync Windows Not Windows desktop and laptop to sync settings I don't know what happened because it was working before After restarting both computers I did some Google searching and found this forum I've tried the solution found here http www eightforums com general-support -windows- - -sync-settings-desktop-background-not-syncing html My situation is different though because I do have the Synced Theme available It Windows 8.1 Will Not Sync Settings just doesn't seem Windows 8.1 Will Not Sync Settings to want to update The lock screen is also not updating so I can only assume that none of the settings are since I haven't changed anything else Anyway I did all the steps from the post above checked to make sure that syncing was enabled deleted old backup information and then saved the correct theme Now all I can see in OneDrive is the message You don t have any devices that are backing up settings to OneDrive even though both computers have syncing enabled Both computers have sat unused for over two hours and no updating has happened at all I don't know what to do Please help

A:Windows 8.1 Will Not Sync Settings

Did you change the resolution of either?

Here is a link to the Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541461/windows-81-will-not-sync-settings/
Relevancy 43.86%

SugarSync had this capability where you simply checked specific folders you wanted to be synced. Are there any other sync services that provide this function?

So like my Desktop could be checked off as well as my My Picture's folders.. instead of just having one "Sync" folder.

A:Are there any free sync services that allow me to sync only select folders?

Read here
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2014283/microsoft-adds-selective-sync-to-skydrive-cloud-storage.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534364/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I found this forum out of necessity I have done a folder folder Sync pc local local office on w/ Surface Pro??? on fair share of googling this question without any luck resolution Hopefully someone here will have a useful answer I use a program at my office that stores data Sync local folder on office pc w/ local folder on Surface Pro??? in the Sync local folder on office pc w/ local folder on Surface Pro??? local program folder on my pc However i also use this program on my tablet surface pro these are both windows devices respectively so i'm hoping that works to my advantage Most of the resolutions i found on google involved using my OneDrive however the Local folder is approx GB depending on the number of projects so this is not an option I would rather find a solution that does not involve an external HDD at this is just one more piece of equipment to carry and i worry about performance issues while working on the projects In my opinion the ideal solution is Use the program while i am at the office the files save to the Local folder on my PC and then when my tablet is awake the modified files automatically sync over our wifi connection The wifi aspect isnt a deal breaker i am fine with syncing via a USB cord as well The main goal is i want the projects data from the Local folder to sync with either my PC or my tablet depending on which file has the most recent time stamp So obviously if i work on a project during the week and need to view modify it outside the office any changes made will sync to the PC the next time I connect via the wifi or USB I am also open to alternative solutions that i may be missing Cross posted to Windows Forum as well

A:Sync local folder on office pc w/ local folder on Surface Pro???

I would agree that having a cloud storage would be nice should the office server go down. You do know that you don't have to sync the entire share folder and programs right? You can sync just individual files that are actually being used and changed. As far as extra storage goes, no need to tote around an external HD. Why not get a couple USB 3.0 flash drives or sdcards? And I really do mean get 2-3, just in case one should fail you have some kind of a backup. You can never rely on a single backup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553249/sync-local-folder-on-office-pc-w-local-folder-on-surface-pro/
Relevancy 29.67%

I've got a 6 year old Dell laptop Vostro 1500 with Windows XP / Pro (Ver 5.1.2600) and for some reason YouTube videos and/or any other video playback is a choppy, jittery signal and the sound is way out of sync.  I use Google Chrome.  I've done a 'Disk Cleanup,' a Disk Defragmenter,' and finally a system restore back to July 1.  Nothing worked.  It sometimes runs slow but not that bad.  

Total physical memory                    2,048.00 MB
Available physical memory                937.71 MB
Total Virtual Memory                             2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory                       1.96 GB
Page File Space                                    3.84 GB
I appreciate any help that I can get.  WARNING, I'm NOT computer literate, so please talk slow and plain because you really are dealing with a 'Dummy' that they wrote all those books for.

THANKS in advance for your help!

A:Videos are choppy / jittery and voices way out of sync...HELP!

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506639/videos-are-choppy-jittery-and-voices-way-out-of-synchelp/
Relevancy 29.67%

Everytime we switch on the laptop, the time goes back to 2006.I have manually set it back to 2013 and have also synced it with both 1) time.nist.govand2) time.windown.com These are the only options. However, the next day, the clock will revert to 2006. This happens everyday. Because of this problem, it is creating other problems such as certificate issues when surfing the internet. See attached. Please kindly assist.

A:Clock won't persistently won't sync - goes back in time

Such time reversions generally indicatee that the CMOS/RTC battery needs to be replaced.

Manufacturer and model of the laptop?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496874/clock-wont-persistently-wont-sync-goes-back-in-time/
Relevancy 29.67%

Weird. IP supposedly resolves to Amazon http://www.speedguide.net/ip/54.149.18.169#_
Started tonight, thread developing @ Avast Forum here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=166531.new#new

Anyone else having this problem? (screenshot below)

EDIT TO ADD Per user Techknow @ Avast Forum: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=166531.msg1185662#msg1185662From my understanding this is simply a Mozilla service that is located on Amazon's server farm.  Pretty standard.
Avast blocking it is another Avast false positive.  I'm not sure why Avast hasn't fixed it in a timely manner - they have been notified through their labs and obviously by multiple people on their forum.

A:Avast flagging Firefox Sync

This has happened before. The current report to the avast forums was made yesterday...I see you replied there too.One of the users there already reported the issue to avast so now it is just wait and see.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567654/avast-flagging-firefox-sync/
Relevancy 28.81%

Dell on Thursday became the latest to join the G-Sync bandwagon, announcing a pair of new 27-inch monitors on the eve of PAX Prime - one of which is equipped with Nvidia's gaming technology.

Read more

A:Dell hops aboard the G-Sync train with its latest 27-inch monitor

It won't sell at that price. That's x2 the price of similar products without G-Sync.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-hops-aboard-the-g-sync-train-with-its-latest-27-inch-monitor.218616/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I'm absolutely sure I have an almost dead CMOS battery, as I frequently get the error "CMOS Date/Time Not Set, F1 to load default values, F2 to run Setup" before the Boot Manager is displayed, although this isn't always. As a result inside Windows, I've seen tray icons missing and errors while syncing with the Windows Time server. The error doesn't specify a reason, it simply says it cannot sync with the server. The twist is that only Windows 10 Pro is unable to sync with time.windows or any other available option, and that 7 Pro can do it perfectly fine. Is there some sort of relationship between a dead CMOS and syncing with Internet Time? (And does that battery being almost dead have anything to do with USB hard drives occasionally not being detected at start or asking about autoplay every time? Just thought I'd throw that out there while I was here)

Regards,

~MrMii Win 7

A:CMOS Battery & Internet Time Sync (and USB HDD): Are they related?

Just replace the CMOS battery & see if the other problems disappear. Which ever way you go you will have to replace the CMOS battery, so you may as well do that as a start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/380437-cmos-battery-internet-time-sync-usb-hdd-they-related.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I recently had a tech transfer my MS Outlook info to my new computer. Now my contacts are there but not accessible by mail.

The Contacts Bar on the left at the top has a box My Contacts with a selection either Contacts (which is blank) or Contacts in Personal Folders (which displays all the contacts I am looking for.)

At the bottom on the bar there is a Yellow Contacts Box which shows Open in New Window or Navigation Pane Options. The Open in New window is blank. So it appears I either need to move the contacts out of Personal Folders or Contacts into Personal Folders. Help is appreciated. Frankandstein

Thank you

A:Unable to sync email with contacts MS win 2003

Well the proper way to transfer Outlook info from one computer to the other is to export the PST from the old account, copy it to the new computer and then import it into a matching or new Outlook account. It sounds like it was not done this way and unless you explain in details exactly how it was done I am not sure we can help you. You should also describe which operating systems and versions of Outlook are involved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-sync-email-with-contacts-ms-win-2003.1155515/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys,
we don't like for sync the recycle bin during sync offline folder, but system do it automaticly. How to exclude it?
The same situation with subfolders 'My music' and 'My pictures'. We would like to sync 'My documents only'.
Please help!
Thank a lot

A:Exclude Recycle bin from Offline Files (Windows Sync Centre)

Hi,

You can click “Start”,
 input “Managed offline files” in Search box and press Enter.

In the window of Offline Files, go to General and click “View your offline files”

Then you can manage offline files folder in it.

This link maybe helpful to you:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938875.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3688b3c-8446-4461-af38-041a7cb12762/exclude-recycle-bin-from-offline-files-windows-sync-centre?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 29.67%

My Outlook 365 a/c saves calendar in a local PST file.

I want to sync this with another computer with Outlook 365 as well as my Android phone. I'm confused by the search results for this. I don't have exchange, just regular Office 365 Home.

What's the best way to do this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/sync-my-computers-outlook-calendar-with-android-1043937.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi nbsp We have few laptops windows pro for sales rep and Offline file enable to sync their documents which are on SBS server nbsp I don't know why it try to sync some other users My video My music etc files and error says quot access denied quot or ldquo The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by in with denied or access and to user sync sync failed try and already files use files Offline other folder file another process Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use rdquo nbsp we have tried many times and confirm there's no one using those files but still same error nbsp I found this article on forumbut not sure how much this valid to SBS and if it's known issue why not there's fix patch yet from Microsoft On the server I had to ADD this reg entry and set it to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MRXSmb Parameters OplocksDisabled REG DWORD or Default not disabled And then Changed this entry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters EnableOplocks REG DWORD or Default enabled Regards ayaz

A:Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi Scott
I found the problem and use following method to fix it
1) Check SBS group policy
2) Check permission on CSC folders (I delete all folder under this folder and check permission on this folder)
3) Reinitialize Cache database, there are different method but i use following
http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/1093
And finally restart PC
Regards
 ayaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab222cb3-4e4f-474b-b853-308a3e81112c/offline-file-sync-try-to-sync-other-user-files-and-folder-and-failed-with-access-denied-or-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 25.8%

So my laptops cmos is dead and to change it is a big **** task.

Is there any windows app, that edits to my time whenever the computer boots up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/automatically-sync-windows-time-when-windows-boots-1045393.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I can't believe I can't find the answer to this dilemma, which I've tried to solve for years. Hoping someone might have some insights. I have my own business, and keep a Contacts table in Access 2013. I also have a Contacts folder in Outlook 2013 that I want to keep in sync with my database. Sometimes changes are made in Outlook (or using GSyncit to sync with Google on my phone or tablet) and sometimes when entering service calls in Access. When I go to created a "linked table" from Outlook to Access, I get a separate table of contacts that will not sync with my existing table. Every week, I have to literally export Access data to an Excel CSV and import into Outlook, then go through name by name to choose the latest entry to keep. Ridiculous! I've googled and googled, and I have found no joy. Any ideas??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-contacts-between-access-and-outlook-2013.1156345/
Relevancy 28.81%

I use Google Chrome at both my office and home I honestly had no idea about what google chrome sync is or does I logged on from work simply to check Gmail emails and once I home Chrome pc work on Sync . shows Search up Google from did that it just automatically logged me on to my chrome account A few days later Google Chrome Sync . Search from home shows up on work pc I am home using my google chrome on my personal computer and a site gets visited that is not appropriate for work The less said the better but I m sure you all know what i mean The following day at work I log on to chrome and sure enough right under the search engine is a box with the site I visited the night before at hime Sure enough it appears on my search engine at work I deleted the browsing history and cache and then disconnected my username from the work chrome account and created a new one for work Should I still be looking for a new job Would the search history have disappeared when I disconnected the account Can the search history be found even if the computer was never physically used to search nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-chrome-sync-search-from-home-shows-up-on-work-pc.1156368/