Windows Support Forum

faulty sb Audigy

Q: faulty sb Audigy

Hi I ve had an Audigy mp sound card sb faulty Audigy for a while but the motherboard also has a CMedia chip At some point I decided to try the CMedia chip instead to compare it uninstalled all audigy drivers and setup the cmedia I don t remember if I did this more than once but the result was that now neither work very well I am not concerned about the onboard CMedia chip but the Audigy s problem is that I can t install the driver as the driver installer won t accept that there is an Audigy installed Instead windows has found a quot Creative Audigy Audio faulty sb Audigy Processor WDM quot which is faulty sb Audigy listed in the device manager and the only sound device appearing under control panel sound audio is quot Emu Kx Audio BC quot whatever that is I have tried moving the card to another PCI slot etc looking in the registry for any mention of creative and removing it Still it will not install drivers The sound does work with these faulty sb Audigy other drivers but I still would like to know - is my Audigy broken thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: faulty sb Audigy

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: faulty sb Audigy

I'm not sure if this is it but did you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-sb-audigy.87813/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm in need of the installation CD from the Audigy LS. Creative doesn't offer the applications in their download section for this card (EAX Console, Surround Mixer, Speaker Settings, etc), only the drivers, and the Audigy 2 series of cards, which they do offer those programs for download, uses a different chip then the Audigy LS and therefore will not function with my card.

I recently formatted and lost the CD, so if anyone would be willing to zip up the installation CD to send to me I would be very grateful. Just reply, email @ [email protected] or AIM: GrdLock31337

Thanks

I emailed Creative and they did offer to let me purchase a new installation CD from them but I find that ridiculous that they're too lazy to put the files up on their website, considering they have them up for all their other cards.

A:Anyone have a Creative Audigy LS (not Audigy 2) card???

Have you tried using the normal Audigy software? I thought the LS was the same as the OEM card which I have, and I always used the gamer software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-have-a-creative-audigy-ls-not-audigy-2-card.229870/
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 44.72%

Well? Whats the difference? I need to buy a new sound card, it must be one of these...
Which one is better and why and is it worth the extra?

Relevancy 44.72%

Which one has better performance? they are around the same price, but Ive never heard either of them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-zs-or-audigy-4-vanilla.425709/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need to get a new sound card, but not too sure which one to pick. I'm probably buying on Ebay, but willing to look at stores (newegg)... I need to know the differences between the Audigy and the Audigy 2 series... I am a gamer, I play games like Far Cry, Half Life 2, Possibly F.E.A.R., Tribes: Vengeance, Brothers in Arms, and a few others.... which is the best card for the price.... Prices don't matter, since I'm primarily looking on ebay, but I want to know what is the best card for the money from New Egg, or an average store......

Which card would you guys should suggest.... Remember, Audigy, Audigy 2, and if recommended, and other performance sound blaster cards.....

BUT PRIMARILY, I need to know the difference between ALL THE AUDIGY CARDS!
Thanks in Advanced, Zman..

Relevancy 36.12%

My MP3s are playing back slower. Like chaning the speed of a record. When I first installed this card I was looking around in the utilities and came accross a pitch setting but now I cant find it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-audigy-help.12883/
Relevancy 36.12%

Ok I bought Audigy 2 soundcard I set it up with the Digital CD audio cable. I put It In the 4th Pci slot I have 5 or 4 I boot up computer i put In the CD with the drivers on It and I go to install It and It says Cannot Detect a Audigy Sound Card. OS Win XP Pro. Any Help would be greatly liked .

A:Audigy 2

Try switching to a different PCI slot, and/or make sure if you had on board sound you disabled it and uninstalled its drivers, or if you had another sound card make sure its drivers were uninstalled.

P.S. Welcome to the boards! New members are always welcomed!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2.6200/
Relevancy 36.12%

I think my drivers are messed up for Audigy 2 Value since it says 2- before the name (SEE IN IMAGE), and I have no control on 5.1/2.1 etc setups.

Does anyone know where I can find Audigy 2 Value drivers? Creative doesn't seem to have them for Vista x64 anymore on their website....

A:Audigy 2 value

Originally Posted by Firestrider

I think my drivers are messed up for Audigy 2 Value since it says 2- before the name (SEE IN IMAGE), and I have no control on 5.1/2.1 etc setups.

Does anyone know where I can find Audigy 2 Value drivers? Creative doesn't seem to have them for Vista x64 anymore on their website....

You don't have an issue. I only have one installed sound device (Creative X-Fi) and my Windows Sound shows it as "2 - Creative SB X-Fi"

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/194055-audigy-2-value.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there! You guys have really helped me out a lot over the past few months when it comes to computer problems, whether it be a simple quandry of a glitch or a more profound compatibility issue, and so I've decisively made this forum my first stop for computer issues.

My newest issue concerns soundcards, but in terms of purchase, rather than irregularities. I want to upgrade my soundcard, but I'm torn between the Audigy 2 and 4. It seems that the Audigy 4 is an improvement over the Audigy 2, but only marginally. Obviously, the Audigy 2 though not quite as good by comparison, is nonetheless cheaper. I'm leaning towards the Audigy 2, but I'm still uncertain. So, if anyone could recommend me one between the two, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for all the help over the months!

A:Audigy 2 or Audigy 4?

Sorry to double post, but I actually just found an X-Fi card available for only $75, so I think I'm going to go with that, unless of course anyone has had any bad experiences with the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-or-audigy-4.503474/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey Guys im new to this forum and hopefully can Please Help Audigy Need get some help as I have spent the last few days trying to figuer this out and no luck I have a SB Audigy card and i have resently installed windows and i have installed the drivers for the card from creative and windows update both seem to be the same this is where it gets wierd If i open the sound properties and configuer the speakers to and test them they Need Help Please Audigy all work fine i have a home theater system plugged in using multi channel in Need Help Please Audigy But when I play music via itunes media player or play movies via vlc media player there is no Bass at all yet when i test the sub bass Need Help Please Audigy comes out i have tryed unistalling the drivers and tryed installing the support pack from daniel k but they wont install at all In winXP it had the same problem but you could open the consol and turn the bass on and set the frequency but in win i dont even get that option i dont even get the proper consol the one that looks like a silver amp anyway thats my crazed situation any help would be really appreciated to my no bass problem Thx guys

A:Need Help Please Audigy

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterDevil

Hey Guys im new to this forum and hopefully can get some help as I have spent the last few days trying to figuer this out and no luck.

I have a SB Audigy card and i have resently installed windows 7 and i have installed the drivers for the card from creative and windows update (both seem to be the same) this is where it gets wierd.... If i open the sound properties and configuer the speakers to 5.1 and test them they all work fine ( i have a 5.1 home theater system plugged in using multi channel in) But when I play music via itunes/media player or play movies via vlc/media player there is no Bass at all yet when i test the sub bass comes out.... ?

i have tryed unistalling the drivers and tryed installing the support pack from daniel k but they wont install at all.

In winXP it had the same problem but you could open the consol and turn the bass on and set the frequency but in win7 i dont even get that option i dont even get the proper consol (the one that looks like a silver amp)

anyway thats my crazed situation,any help would be really appreciated to my no bass problem.

Thx guys

MD

What additional codecs have you installed? what is the version of the driver you are using? ( can be found in device manager). Also in device manager (type devicec manager in search) can you go to the audio tab and see if you sound card is there and doesn't have a yellow triangle on it.

Let us know the results. and let us know if you need help with any of this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/32239-need-help-please-audigy.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Anyone running one of these When I plugged it in it installed itself and NX Audigy (usb) had extra options to use optical out After I installed the vista driver from creative it started bluescreening during boot can't see the stop it reboots too quickly and the optical out checkbox was missing though when I selected digital out from the control panel it would trigger the Audigy NX (usb) receiver with channel PCM bit output but there was no sound from any application and I can't get ch output The onboard audio is Audigy NX (usb) disabled in the bios driver has never been installed for it I've about Audigy NX (usb) had it with all of the crashing between ATI's piece of hit CCC that won't uninstall system spontaneously reboots during uninstall and drivercleaner says it's finished but I can still find traces here and there and now the damn NX driver I'm about for format with my gf in it instead of the radeon hd sigh Sorry just a little venting P

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/98223-audigy-nx-usb.html
Relevancy 36.12%

i bought a SB Audigy sound card for my windows XP computer and it will freeze my computer about 20 minutes after i start it. any suggestions on what i should do?

A:SB Audigy

3 questions...

1. is it an audigy 1 or audigy 2?
2. have you updated the drivers from the creative website?
3. does the 20 min crash occur while using the creative software?

i have an audigy 2, and sometimes it makes my computer freeze, but only when i interact with the creative software, like the mediasource player, and also the volume mixer. the player crashes instantly anyway, but the mixer causing it to crash has only happened once, its that rare. still, i paid alot of money for the card and it doesnt seem to work completely.

to be honest, the way it crashes (mouse pointer wont move, screen is frozen) reminds me of a voodoo2 card i had that did exactly the same. after days of trying to fix it, i took it back and got it replaced, and that was the end of the problem. only thing is i bought my card from amazon, and for the moment, i dont think i can be bothered to take it out and send it back thru the post.

one thing you could try is going into the eax console, and making sure that the effects settings are off, otherwise it may be trying to do things to sound in the background, and if its creatives software having issues, this may cause crashes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sb-audigy.5836/
Relevancy 36.12%

Having trouble with getting sound with this card. Got my 10k rpm raptor drives and had to reinstall xp 64. I read about many people with the same issue. Anyone know of or have a fix for it. I cant find one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-zs.78255/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok im really fed up with my built in sound on my soltek motherboard theres far too much noise even in comparison to the cheapest -bit pci card i have been looking about a bit and im into good quality 2 audigy music my computer plays into my amplifier which goes out into my celestion speakers now i have a few questions i have found a creative audigy card it doesnt claim to audigy 2 be an audigy but it says it is -bit the price is sorry im from the uk rolleyes does this mean its an original audigy or an audigy i saw somewhere it said the audigy is -bit and the audigy isnt is this the ideal card for me i may be tempted to buy some form of system in the future and this seems to be more than capable is it worth the money is there an alternative to this which is better or is it all a matter of opinion like the hifi world is cheers in advance for the help guys alan nbsp

A:audigy 2

The Audigy 2 should be fine for listening to music or playing games. The Audigy 2 is a 24 bit, 6.1 surround sound card. It should be fine with the speakers you have, but I would recommened the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra. These are pretty expensive, but they are well worth it. And, the Audigy 2 is only about $79.99 U.S.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2.8639/
Relevancy 36.12%
Q: Audigy

I have a Dell XPS 420 with Windows 7 64-bit and an Audigy 2 sound card. All was fine under Windows XP.

Under Windows 7 I get random pops/crackles from the speakers every now and again. I don't have to be playing any music, or even touching the computer. It just pops from time to time. There doesn't appear to be any periodic regularity to it. Indeed, it will sometimes go for hours without a pop. Then several pops over the next few minutes.

It's really irritating; so much so that I'm nearly ready to pull the Audigy and live with the SigmaTel or whatever sound on the motherboard.

I've tried several Creative Drivers including SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017.exe.

All of my other drivers are up to date. I have run the DPC Latency Checker diagnostic which doesn't show any spikes over 500 microseconds (seems to run at a pretty steady 250 microseconds).

Any suggestions?

A:Audigy

No promises but if you haven't yet I would try this modded set,

SB Audigy Series Support Pack 3.8 (04/19/2010) - Creative Labs

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/84727-audigy.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Has anyone upgraded from SBlive Plat. to Audigy 2? Was the difference huge?Seen alot of articles saying this is the one.Unfortunatly Im still loving my Klipsch pro media 400's so I am missing that 5.1,6.1 sound on my gaming machine.I do have on my soyo dragon ultra a SB 5.1 card with Logitech Z-640s,but I still love the SBL plat. with those klipsch,so If the Audigy 2 is way better ,Ill go with what you guys say, not the sites that got a free card. Thanks

A:Audigy 2?

Sorry I can't comment much on the upgrade from SB Live Plat. to Audigy 2 as I simply do not have the experience myself, but i do have a SB Live 5.1. However i feel that the upgrade from SB Live Plat. to Audigy 2 will result in many differences.

IF you were to compare them, Audigy is more superior compared to SB Live Plat, why?

Audigy2 is capable doing what SB Live Plat plus the following:

1) DVD Music Playback - first of its kind in the pc market
2) Support for Dobly Ex 6.1 surround(analog only), although current DVD carries 5.1 audio format, something worthwhile to consider.
3) IEEE1394/Fire Wire connectivity allow digital camcorders to connect to pc etc..
4) EAX HD Advanced
5) more superior audio processor
6) 24 bit Recording & Playback..something the Audigy failed to provide
7) Low cpu ultilisation

I see no reason why there will be no difference in sound quality. Most users who previously upgraded from SB Live PLat to Audigy1 never regretted. Since Audigy 2 is an improved version of Audigy 2, whats more...i hope you can get the picture.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2.5272/
Relevancy 36.12%

http world altavista com babelfis sroom 4 Pro? Audigy releases welcome asp pid amp lp ja en Rough translation from Japanese PR Sound Blaster Audigy Pro from the first generation Sound Blaster Audigy which is sold in counting becomes the card design of the fourth generation eye the sound quality and the efficiency where the Sound Blaster Audigy ZS series which the PC user of the entire world recognizes is superior furthermore brushup It loads the up-to-date D A converter of the dB dynamic range actualizing the specifications Signal-noise ratio dB in all the channels Quite we offer the various functions which are required from the sound card for PC playback sound recording of music in the entertainment use such as DVD and the game with high quality Furthermore it is the sound card which receives the THX recognition of the Lucas film corporation can reproduce the production intention of the contents production person faithfully In addition Creative MediaSource the up-to-date Audigy 4 Pro? software Audigy 4 Pro? of and Smart Recorder and entertainment center etc as for attachment and the game of course the music listening and sound recording with the computer furthermore you are proud of the convenience which is superior in viewing the DVD movie The new first class audio entertainment solution the number of limitations is sold Click to expand nbsp

A:Audigy 4 Pro?

Could be the translator's fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-4-pro.16621/
Relevancy 36.12%

HI I just reinstaled the latest Drives available for my Audigy 2, Because my card wont recognize my Microphone. After Installing the Drivers the mic still Dont Work. Well I procced to do the Following:
1.Uninstall Every App of my Audigy in my System
2.Boot Up my machine with out my card
3.After Installed my Card y a new PCI Slot
4.Put the original Drivers , then upgraded to the latest and now my mic will Work

But After Doing all that, I have a 5.1 Speaker System, My Right Channel is not working Properly. Also when I run my SPeaker Calibrator the RIght Channel is Mix Up WIth my Subwoofer. I verify the instalation one by one but it still not working.

Please any help would be gladlly accepted
Exbar 1

A:Help Please With Audigy 2

Try this..

Start\Settings\Control Panel\Sounds and Audio Devices\

Under Speaker Settings Click Advanced.

Now you will see Speaker setup drop down menu

In there you should be able to set it to 5.1 Audio.

After this you should get your 5.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-with-audigy-2.508861/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a corrupt .isu audigy file. Xp wont let me uninstall the software? Does anyone out there have a non corrupt SBAudigy.isu file. What ive gatherd its a install log. Im running XP pro with a SB Audigy mp3+ card if anyone could help out buy cutting and pasting their non corrupt file it wouild be extreemly helpfull.

Thanks

Dirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sb-audigy-help-cant.9015/
Relevancy 36.12%

Morning: I have an Acer cira 2003, 80 Gig HD, plenty of space left 53 gig, RAM 756mb. I tried to install Audigy SE and I get an error message, so I uninstall SP3, and still are having trouble. I muted the Realtek audio onboard, can anyone relate? I want to go Line in to Amp. Alan

A:Audigy Se & Sp3

Word for word, what did the error message say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157413/audigy-se-sp3/
Relevancy 36.12%

I've installed Windows 7 and everything is working great. I've managed to install the drivers for my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy, the device is working properly, and everything seems to be working.

Only one problem: No sound comes out of my speakers. I've already triple-checked, and I know it's not the speakers (tried multiple speakers) or the connection (tried multiple connections), so I know it's a software issue. Any help?

A:SB Audigy

Look on Google for Daniel K. drivers.

Creative is terrible and he made better ones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41279-sb-audigy.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Sorry if this is an old problem I have a pre-built computer I bought from GreatPCsOnline in that is no longer under warranty It s a GHz Intel CPU ECS P S a-DX FSB mobo MB DDR RAM XP home and a Creative Soundblaster Audigy according to the web site CD Audigy Can't reinstall from SB it s a quot Soundblaster Audigy w quot http www greatpcsonline com info html prt amp id My computer has worked decently since I got Can't reinstall SB Audigy from CD it except that my CD s don t autorun not a huge deal I was recently playing the game Shadowbane that I got as a Christmas gift don t get it it s a Can't reinstall SB Audigy from CD horrible game that crashed on me It has crashed on me before so I ignored the error message and went on about my business Then I realized I had no sound I checked my hardware profiles device manager and my SB Audigy wasn t listed--it looks like the crash disabled uninstalled it I tried reinstalling the base drivers from my disc but whenever I do so from the base menu I get the error message quot Creative setup could not find the Audigy hardware on your computer Make sure the Audigy is properly installed then try again quot I ve tried manually reinstalling the drivers ctzapxx exe and it says that to do so it must overrwrite the same existing drivers on my system That doesn t do anything Could the crash have burned out my sound card I haven t opened up my case yet that s a last-ditch solution for me If anyone else is familiar with SB Audigy cards flaking out and being unable to reinstall from the system disc any help or insight would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Can't reinstall SB Audigy from CD

Try to reseat the soundcard properly or in another PCI slot, over a certain period of time expansion and contraction due to heat may cause the sound card to get loose. You might even want to make sure that the gold contacts are clean.

Just my $0.02.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-reinstall-sb-audigy-from-cd.9994/
Relevancy 35.69%

I bought the soundblaster Audigy 2 a couple months ago and can't get it to perform correctly in that I get no playback audio at all. Also when using the Adobe audition program to record, I get no input readings since I disabled the built in sound board that I was told to disable. What's going on here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jerome

A:Problems with Audigy

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Did you uninstall the onboard sound software before installing the audigy?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-audigy.45653/
Relevancy 35.69%

I m not the first with this problem here but I haven t found an answer I have a Gateway which came with their OEM Audigy I bought the Logitech Z- speakers to go with it and read all the guides on how to get them to work together I have a mini-RCA connecting the Audigy s digital out to the s coax in etc The s speaker test is fine there are no cable issues etc My problem is I can t turn on the SPDIF pass-through because the AudioHQ that comes with Gateway s Audigy doesn t have a decoder tab a problem they apparently share with Dell As a result I only get Front L Z-680 Logitech OEM 2 and Audigy R using the digital output I would just use the mini pcm outputs and go Direct but when I do I get all channels BUT OEM Audigy 2 and Logitech Z-680 Front L R Does anyone know where I can find Creative s drivers for the Audigy The website has only updates nothing with the AudioHQ app Could someone who has the retail Audigy email me their AudioHQ folder Has anyone been able to make the Audigy work OEM Audigy 2 and Logitech Z-680 with the s using the analog outputs rather than the digital Ian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oem-audigy-2-and-logitech-z-680.9827/
Relevancy 35.69%

Creative stopped support for that soundcard awhile ago ... I recently got the vista driver from asian site ... but it's soooooooo limited and glitchy ... I guess I have to go get myself the FaTaLiTy it's 100$ not that expensive but it's out of stock right now waiting for them to get it back ... In the meantime can any1 tell me how the hell the Audigy Value can become 7.1 with 4 jacks ?!?!?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-audigy-value-7-1.82499/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,
I just got surround sound speakers for christmas to go with my audigy 2. I can get the sub an other 4 speakers working fine but i cant get the centre one to work. Can anyone help me. Thanks.

A:speakers an audigy

Check your leads are connected to right places and the settings are ok in sound card mixer, also put the centre speaker on one of the other channels to test that it is working. Good Luck.

PS Watch out for some games resetting your speakers back to 2 channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-an-audigy.9782/
Relevancy 35.69%

I recently installed my Audigy ZS I love it 2 conflict? Audigy ZS and it is wonderful but I belive I have ran into a problem that limits me to run it at it s full capacity Well all the programs I mean I have Nero express installed for CD-R RW burning and I know I am supposed to be able to burn CDs with the Audigy Has anyone else ran into a problem with the Audigy vs Nero I was hopeing to have both becasue I love the way Nero works Secondly I was hoping to burn DVDs and understand the Audigy will handle this as well yet I have been reluctant to install my burner until I get the issue above and the next one resolved I also found that after installing the Audigy that my Windows Audigy 2 ZS conflict? Media Player will not automatically pop up when I click on various links or download videos Any idea on how to correct this My Audigy doesn t even automatically pop up a window Instead I have to save the file then hope that it reopens into a format that it can be played Any information on how to correct this problem or anyone who has had similar problems with this please let me know I need to know if it is just me or not Thanks wiu nbsp

A:Audigy 2 ZS conflict?

I don't have any of these problems you've mentioned and I have an Audigy 2 ZS + Plextor 708A and I use Nero as my primary burning application. I think these problems may stem from something else. Perhaps some other software conflict?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-zs-conflict.15024/
Relevancy 35.69%

Can any one tell me if you can remove the "creative" start up/welcome music and logo, which appears each time, when i log on to my pc?

A:Creative audigy 2

See if this will help you out. I couldn't get the direct link to Creative to work.

You may disable the splash screen on startup as follows:

Click on Start - Programs - Creative.

Select the audio card installed in your system, for example, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, then select Creative Splash Screen,or Creative EAX, depending on the audio card and versions of drivers installed

Click on the settings icon (the little circle).

Uncheck the Load on Startup option.

If the Creative Splash Screen or Creative EAX is not listed under Start menu, you can disable it with the procedure stated below. Note these steps do not apply to the Sound Blaster Live 5.1 drivers installed under Win 95/98.

Open My Computer and browse to C:\Program Files\Creative\Splash Screen\demo32.exe.

A DemoShield Player window will open asking which Database to use, choose CTEax.dbd.

It should load at the lower right hand corner, click the smaller circle on the bottom.

This will give you an option that says "Load on Startup". Uncheck this to disable the splash screen on startup.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-audigy-2.8516/
Relevancy 35.69%

Anything yet with this stupid bug of Audigy ???

I hope they don't repeat the same bug under Audigy 2....

Found that EEPROM re-programmed under some Compaq models... (no compaq access for me)

Creative still persists that this happens only for Abit motherboards...
Mine is Soltek so i don't have this bug,although
ALL OTHER INDICATIONS ARE THE SAME

i hope that Creative would realise that there is something wrong with their Audigy than keep saying that is Motherboard's fault....

TIPS : install XP with DISABLE ACPI
(when install XP press F5 at the the very moment moment that blue screen comes up...press until new window shows.Then choose standard PC-no ACPI)
DO NO PLUG IN OLDER PCI CARD (like LAN) which are NON - ACPI

i hope that someone makes a flash programme so everyone can just flash EEPROM to programme it with the right values.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eeprom-bug-sb-audigy.8733/
Relevancy 35.69%

I install the card, and it works fine. But when I restart the computer, it doesn't work. SO I have to uninstall, then install it again. Cycle repeats. I don't unserstand why it's doing this. It registers on the control panel. As does my speakers.

Sound Audigy 2 Gamer
Creative 5.1 Speakers
Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-problems.248484/
Relevancy 35.69%

OK i have soundblaster audigy zs and windows vista ultimate I have downloaded the new vista bit drivers for my sound card and everything looks like it is working but there is no sound coming from my speakers I have tried them Audigy SB zs No Sound... in each input outputs and the only noise i get is when i plug the speakers into the digital out put it No Sound... SB Audigy zs gives me that quot snow quot sound No Sound... SB Audigy zs I have looked in my preferences and my administrative settings and everything works perfectly My music plays and everything but i dont hear any sound I have an xfx i ultra motherboard which i turned the onboard sound off for the soundblaster but nothing seems to be making it work specs gigs G skill ram dual channel xfx i ultra pentiumd ghz clocked to vigor monsoon tec cooler averages degrees celcius soundblaster audigy zs pci msi gts factory overclocked pci express x video card gig hard drive vista ultimate updated lite on cd dvd burner corsair watt psu nbsp

A:No Sound... SB Audigy zs

Have you gone to "device manager" and looked at the sound status there? Make sure your card is listed. Have you disabled the integrated sound? Might help. Also check in on the "sound devices" icon in control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-sb-audigy-zs.81132/
Relevancy 35.69%

I've got an Audigy sound card set to quad speakers. It goes back to stereo by itself, and I've never been able to tell just when, ie. when I boot up, or reboot, but it's not immediate. I just suddenly notice its back to two speakers.

Also, I have updated the driver once since I bought the computer, with no problem, but the latest driver, I cannot get to install. I have tried uninstalling the old driver, and also installing over the old one. It still shows the last driver, not the new one.

Has anybody else had these problems?

A:Audigy Problem

is there any settings/switches on the speakers themselves?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-problem.5089/
Relevancy 35.69%

I just did a format and clean install of XP Pro. XP wouldnt detect my card and when I tried to install the driver is says setup doesnt detect a Soundblaster card in my system. I used the CD that came with the card and got it working but when I try to update the driver or install the XP patch I still get the same error message. Creative support site is useless.

A:Having Audigy trouble

That the very reason I have an audigy 2 in the drawer and A turtle beach in the puter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-audigy-trouble.10908/
Relevancy 35.69%

I cant figure out how to get my mic to work
it has worked in the past but when im in team speak playing counter strike and when i get into a new server it doesnt work.
i also cant get it to work on the games voice chat
if you can help it would be great
thx
FB

A:Creative audigy 2 zs help

nm i figured it out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18048/creative-audigy-2-zs-help/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi:
I have an Audigy 2 sound card, and the Altec lansing 251, 5.1 speakers and can't get the centre speaker to work, as the colour coding doesn't match.

can anyone help me with how to hook them up correctly???
I noticed someone called Iamblacky listed the same problem, but didn't list his solution...
Thanks,
Danae

A:Audigy 2 & 5.1 speakers?? help please?

the center channel is sent usually to the subwoofer for a few reasons. the center channel will only work when you are playing a 100% dolby 5.1 surround compatible game or music or dvd, whatever it is. mp3's are stereo, meaning 2 channels, left and right, and a crossover in the sub separates to bass signal for just the sub. your rear channels are an echo of the two fron t channels. its not that your center doesnt work, its that your audio stream is not 5.1 surround compliant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-5-1-speakers-help-please.10487/
Relevancy 35.69%

Audigy Gamer Problems Reply Overall Rating Not Yet Rated Ok Fellow Geeks Here it goes I just got back my replacement audigy gamer Now i am having the same problem as i did with my st one i bought What happened was it works fine for a couple of days and all of a sudden it stops recognizing it when i boot the computer up When i goto to my Gamer Audigy sound properties the only thing it will show me is EMUK x as my sound before this happened it read audigy gamer like it is suppose to Then when i try to restore my windows to previous i still have the same problem I can t uninstall now because of an error quot SBAUDIGY isu is corrupted quot So now i can t do an auto uninstall This happened after the card wasn t recognized after i reboot i get boxes that pop up and both say basically the same thing quot sound device not detected quot Without getting more long winded I ll anwser any questions when you see this Below is my configuration ABIT NF -M W UPDATED BIOS AMD ATHLON XP MHZ Audigy Gamer RETAIL GIG WD MG CACHE HD ADDITIONAL GIG WD HD HD COOLER FOR THE GIG DRIVE FANS AOPEN x X CD BURNER ADDITIONAL X CD ROM MB OF PC DDR RAM WIN XP HOME FULLY UPDATED FLOPPY DRIVE TOTAL OF FIVE FANS INSIDE FOR COOLING OVERKILL I KNOW WATT POWER SUPPLY SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY GAMER PROBLEM SYSTEM SOFTWARE NORTON SYSTEM WORKS keep in mind i have done nothing diffrent i haven t made any registry changes software changes Audigy Gamer or hardware changes it just stopped seeing it for no reason THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING Report This Message As Offensive p m Audigy Gamer SavageBeast All SavageBeast s messages Re scott s message on at p m Reply Overall Rating Not Yet Rated Sorry I can t be of much help with your mysterious problem but are you sure a watt power supply is adequate for your system With what you have in there I would think the minimum should be a or watt power supply I highly doubt that s your problem but it was just a thought Rate this message Least Helpful lt -- gt Most Helpful Report This Message As Offensive p m scott All my messages Re SavageBeast s message on at p m Reply Overall Rating Not Yet Rated no i think it s plenty cause they are small fans the highest rpm is on the cpu i was including the fans on the mobo also but i actually have one for intake one for output and an mm for the cpu it s one of the big copper hs with mm fan over it I seem to be ok for power source i haven t changed anything since dec and it ran fine with no problems it s just all of sudden this happened and this is the second one and same problem thanks for tryin though Report This Message As Offensive p m scott All my messages Re scott s message on at p m Reply Overall Rating Not Yet Rated Keep in mind all That i will try anything so if you have any ideas even if you think its simple or stupid please by all means post it It may be a possible i overlooked something THANKS Report This Message As Offensive p m scott All my messages Re scott s message on at p m Reply Overall Rating Not Yet Rated I FIXED IT Ok gang I think i found some kinda clue to the problem I ve been all over the internet and found alot of ppl having the same problem and noway of fixing it Here s exactly what i did in order some of it may be nothing but here it goes I took the card out and rebooted run the msconfig and disabled all item on startup went into widows explorer and deleted all items under the name creative some wouldn t delete I went into the registry and removed all items that had to do with creative but i didn t touch anything that was listed in the registry under windows THIS IS WERE IT GOT CONFUSING AND NOT SURE HOW IT HAPPENED I removed the display driver and the default monitor driver After this i rebooted and the screen was at at and the quality picture was at bits I took out the disk for the motherboard and did an install on sound and video drivers that came with it Rebooted and AMEN PRAISE THE LORD i had my sound and video back to normal Please keep in mind that you should only... Read more

A:Audigy Gamer

A BETTER WAY

Ok don't yell at me but the problem has happened again BUT i found a way to fix it alot faster than before . first i uninstalled all the software with the uninstaller and took the card out and booted back to windows .Then i went and got a pretty good registry tool found at http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/software.shtml
it's called regcleaner. i used it to find all registry keys called "creative" and removed them all . after that i searched all the hard drive for everything named "creative" and deleted those . I shut down windows and reinstalled the card and booted up again oddly enough it didn't ask me anything about installing new drivers so i put the driver disk (came with sb audigy gamer) in and installed everything like normal and it found it and after it restarted i was back to normal. i'm keeping notes on what i'm doing so if it happens again i might have an idea of what's causing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-gamer.4908/
Relevancy 35.69%

I originally posted this in the Hardware section but got no response so I thought I would try here since the problem started after upgrading to Windows I have a Dell XPS Gen It came installed with XP I recently decided to upgrade to Windows All seems to be working correctly except for one thing If I am playing music or some other sounds like videos and I visit a website lets say Facebook I then scroll up or down with Firefox or Internet 7 and Audigy Windows ZS Explorer I hear a popping and cracking sound in my speakers under the music The faster I scroll the more popping and cracking the speakers make I have also discovered Audigy ZS and Windows 7 that if I play music in Windows Media Player and I turn one of the graphic visualations on to bounce to beats of the music the popping and cracking is there again keep in mind the music HAS to be playing if the music is not playing there is no popping and cracking When I minimize Windows Media Player the popping sound goes away I have done several things try to make it stop including updating sound card driver Soundblaster Audigy ZS amp I have tried quot Daniel K quot drivers with the same results updating video card driver Nvidia GTX updating BIOS from the Dell Website switched the soundcard to a different PCI slot This sound was not there before I upgraded to Windows so I can only assume it is being caused by Windows and not some sort of hardware failure that only started after the update Does anyone have any ideas about what this could be nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all!

I just bought my Audigy 2 and now am facing grave problems:

While in my OS (XP Pro) the soundcard appears to be functioning, but sometimes the sound is not clear and you can hear static noises.

The BIG Problem however is that somehow the card isn'T initialised correctly:
DxDiag tells me that the card doesn't have a HARDWARE BUFFER!!!
Creative Diagnostics isn't able to play a wave file.
serious sam 2nd ed., warcraft III, etc... don't allow EAX.. because the card is not initialised / no directSound driver is installed.

BUT i installed dx 9.0a, the latest audigy drivers, switched PCI placing and.... well everxthing i could think of!

any help is appreciated!!!

Greetings,
Milamber

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-hardwarebuffer.5629/
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok Audigy woes a bit of background Audigy woes first I ve had this particular Audigy card through several incarnation of my current machine and I ve never had much of a problem with it As Audigy woes it stands I ve got XP GHz o c d to GHz thoughbred B PC Audigy woes x gig WD HDs gig Maxtor on the Highpoint RAID not RAIDed Epox EP- K A with BIOS disabled onboard sound Audigy with the bay-control input output digital IR ect Windows XP Red Hat on the gig grub boot loader Now I m running the Creative software on a minumum install as I had it before just the drivers surround mixer and wave studio I installed while my machine was running at stock speed as is normal to avoid install errors Now whenever I open up surround mixer and attempt to change the speakers from pt surround to headphones or vice versa my entire system will instantly restart This happens no matter the clock speed and continues to happen through two clean installations of its software total audigy wipe All of mixer s other functions work fine as does every other piece of software creative or no installed on the system Oh yeah and windows offers to send microsoft an error report each time I reboot and naturally I never click yes IRQs are not conflicting and I m just about stumpted due to the complete randomness of this problems Anyone have any ideas I would be satisfied with a solution that either fixes the problem or allows me to change the speaker settings from pt to headphones by some other means registry Thanks -mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-woes.145166/
Relevancy 35.69%

I hope this is the correct place to post this.
I have been playing around with Vista anf wondered if anyone had loaded the audigy2 software from XP?
SB has drivers for Vista, but no media player etc...
Just curious, before I go and do it. Most APP's vista just says its not compatable with, bla,bla,bla,,,
I tried to get an answer from SB, but they never got back to me. Imagine that.
B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-and-audigy-2.53599/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am having some problems with my audigy 2 zs and I have no idea what's causing it. Any help would be appreciated.

A while ago, I was listening to music, when there was some really loud distortion. It almost sounded like a radio tuning, but high pitched and loud. After that, the left channel was replaced by a clicking. It was a specific tempo, and never changed. I restarted the computer and all was fine.

I had that happen one more time, and now when I play wolfentein enemy territory, my sound hangs up when I enter a server, after I've been in for about 5 seconds. It only does it for a second, but sometimes, the games audio doesn't work after the hangup, and I have to restart the game.

Any ideas or suggestions?

A:Audigy 2 zs - having a problem

Do you have the latest drivers for your Audigy card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-zs-having-a-problem.54016/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have an Audigy 2 with the latest drivers installed on a Win2K pro platform. I use teamspeak on the net for gaming and am having problems getting the mike to work. Using a new Sony headset with a mike, i plug the black plug into the speaker out (green) and the pink plug (mike) goes into the pink plug - is that correct. I have googled this and visited the creative site without success. Using teamspeak and keying up the mike causes a dinging and no voice transmission. I can hear the game and also team conversation on the headset, but cant communicate. Any help appreciated...doc

Relevancy 35.69%

I have been asked by a friend to help him with a problem. He bought a PC (high spec) about 2 years ago. Everything was working fine.

Now however he has been getting sound problems, first loss of three speakers then intermittent loss of the other two, then no sound at all.

I tried reinstalling the audigy software - no luck
I tried using the recovery disc to repair windows then drivers - no luck
I tried reinstalling windows and then drivers, this helped and I now have the left and right rear speakers active but for the life of me I cannot get the centre or other two surround speakers to work.
Digital is off as the speakers are analogue.

Windoes XP - home edition is the OS.
I have checked the cabling and it all looks ok.

Anyone have similier problems?

A:Audigy 5.1 problems

As regards playback, is that with CMSS enabled or disabled? The current Audigy Drivers don't do a Stereo X 2 mode so it may be normal in that sense, if however you have CMSS enabled & are only getting Stereo output then something is wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-5-1-problems.8111/
Relevancy 35.69%

Has anyone heard about any reviews/comparisions concerning the new external Audigy 2 NX - I've been waiting to get rid of my Extigy for some time now. I've also read about Philip's new external Aurelium, and that seems to be a great card as well. Anyone have any info over which I should pick? Thanks a bunch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-nx-info.8085/
Relevancy 35.69%

So I ve been searching the web for a solution to my problem and I ve been browsing issues 2 Audigy (I think?) forums like crazy I finally decided to post as I have yet to find an actual solution I must say that my computer crashes with finesse and prestigious timing I play Day of Defeat Audigy 2 issues (I think?) and other Half Life mods among other relatively stressful games Whenever playing a game that involves extensive sound processing my Audigy 2 issues (I think?) system crashes The last sound byte before the crash plays continuously in a Audigy 2 issues (I think?) loop the video freeze frames and all input is nonresponsive I have to hard restart it before the system boots properly again My system consists of the following Motherboard Asus A v x Video ATI Radeon Pro Sound Soundblaster Audigy Direct X c OS XP Pro Memory Ram Disk Space gig approx gig free No heat issues no power issues What I ve narrowed it down to is my multimedia device It is the only device that isn t installed properly that windows can find and I believe it to be related to my Audigy I don t have the original driver CD for the Audigy so I can t update drivers for it trust me you can t just go to the creative site because they are evil but I m not sure if it s the same issue I am clueless as to how to fix this problem and the plus hours of troubleshooting has gotten me nothing Please to those more knowledgeable than I what can I do Thank you nbsp

A:Audigy 2 issues (I think?)

Creative

I don't like going to Creative, either (I have Audigy2 ZS), because their "support" rivals M$, but- I assume the drivers from the CD are the ones you have installed now? I don't game, but they list 2-3 downloads specifically for gamers, at least for the ZS. One thing I have found, though, 2-4 reboots after downloading updates, they disappear, and have to be re-downloaded. Maybe, if you don't try to deal directly with them, but just go to their download page, you might find something that will help. Just a suggestion- good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-issues-i-think.37357/
Relevancy 35.69%

Just purchased and installed the above. Then I ran the installation disk! Now of course I have around 27 creative programs running at startup! Please! Is there anyone out there who can tell me which 2 or 3 do I actually need at startup, so I can turn off the rest? My machine used to boot in about 45 seconds now it takes forever! I thank any and all of you in advance for your input.

Relevancy 35.69%

I've been having an odd problem with my Audigy SE card and my headphones When I was using on-board sound there would be a quot headphone quot device separate from the quot speakers quot Audigy and Headphones SE device With the Audigy SE there is only a Audigy SE and Headphones quot speakers quot device This is problematic because every program I run thinks I'm running stereo speakers and not headphones Some programs like Steam games let me manually change from speakers to headphones but it still resets to speakers every time I restart others don't And yes it does make a difference I don't Audigy SE and Headphones have a front-panel audio connector or anything I just plug my headphones right into the green jack of the sound card I don't really need a quot fix quot for this though it would be nice just some kind of hack to make Windows think the quot speakers quot device is really headphones Do any other Audigy SE owners have this problem too Many thanks

A:Audigy SE and Headphones

That's not a problem. The card is designed with an output and you're using it. When you were using onboard, that's a different codec, a different driver and a different manufacturer. Can't compare the two and/or how they operate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/44023-audigy-se-headphones.html
Relevancy 35.69%

What's the advantage of Upgrading from a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card to a Sound Blaster Audigy...especially if I don't have a super speaker system to go with it? I have heard that the Audigy has a built in firewire port, but would that be a reason for upgrading rather than just buying a firewire card?

A:Why upgrade to SB Audigy?

No point in upgrading from a Live 5.1 just get a firewire card if thats all you want. Get the Audigy if you are changing your sound card aswell. No arm twisting here !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-upgrade-to-sb-audigy.70490/
Relevancy 35.69%

Been trying to fix this for the past few hours I've got a Creative SB Audigy ZS card help Creative Audigy installed with the latest drivers from Creative I'm also using Logitech Z- speakers The thing is there's only audio out of the R and L speakers Normally I wouldn't care but another issue has arisen When I play games specifically Mass Effect and L D the audio cuts in and out depending on the camera angle I only get dialogue and the sound of my weapon firing in L D No ambient I've tried installing ALchemy messing with settings installing RealTek and nothing seems to work Thanks in advance for Creative Audigy help any assistance also ignore the build thing on the left -F EDIT also forgot to mention using Direct connect but Realtek isn't Creative Audigy help reading that I'm plugged into the back panel When I test audio when switched to Ch Direct I get noise from all the speakers but there's nothing for games videos etc

A:Creative Audigy help

Creative.

Audigy.

Ugh.

I'm not saying you can't get this working right because with effort you probably could.

Creative + VistaOrWin7 = fail

You're probably glad to read this post to regain a sense of sanity after dealing with that. Don't worry. It's not you. lol

Advice: use your onboard audio or get something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132007
and say goodbye to Creative.

If you want a real high end solution and are very serious about audio, which you probably aren't but I mention so anyone interested can benefit, MOTU and M-Audio offer excellent firewire solutions. Check my specs.

If you are daring enough to try to fix your Creative card so it works in 7, uninstall the driver and clear your entire system of all Creative files, registry entries etc...
Then start fresh. Old files of Creative around your system will mess it up straight away. Google for how to do this if you aren't completely sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/30460-creative-audigy-help.html
Relevancy 35.69%

i finally located the file, exe, acc, dll to launch this program; when i click the diagnostics icon in EAX console this popup appears. have browsed for the setup.exe & diagnos3.exe for program & put in the acc file & click run, but still nothing. anyone have any advice how to type a command pathway to get this program to activate? thx

A:sb audigy 2 diagnostics

does anybody know how to fill in the blanks in the attachment?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sb-audigy-2-diagnostics.374780/
Relevancy 35.69%

I read ALOT of reviews before I bought my logitech z- speakers In all the reviews they say that even turning the volume up half way will blow u away Well I jus got my z- and I can turn BOTH the computer volume AND speaker volume all the way up and still doesn t feel it s that loud WHen I run the calibration this HELP! and normal 2 audigy z-680?? Is for with my audigy soundcard it always detects the wrong speakers saying my Center is my front left or something like that But when I run the test on the logitech remote control all the speakers are correctly wired I downloaded the latest driver from Creative com and even reformat and reinstall the soundcard on a different pci slot Here s HELP! Is this normal for audigy 2 and z-680?? the spec on my computer PIII MHZ SDRAM ATI RAGE MB HAHA need to upgrade soon OEM Audigy soundcard I am debating whether to uninstall the audigy driver and soundcard and put in my old soundblaster live value with no support What should I do Please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-is-this-normal-for-audigy-2-and-z-680.7163/
Relevancy 35.69%

Is it possible to use Creative drivers on this card.Just ordered one.I'm guessing SB0096 the add says SB0090 the picture looks
like SB0096.Got it cheap just wondering.

Redline2

A:Gateway Audigy OEM

It should work just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-audigy-oem.6174/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello reader!
Ok its like this - I had to reformat my computer because it was full of spyware and stuff that was killing my LAN but I have one problem. The reformatting went fine but when i try to install the drivers for my audigy 2 the computer says it cant detect an audigy 2 card in my computer. I have checked the connections and whether it is an audigy 2 and its connected fine and is indeed an audigy 2. I'm clueless now.... also when i install the drivers ctcoinst.dll isnt "valid" or something like that (thats what happens when i try the cd, when i try the internet drivers it says tehre is no audigy card installed) can anyone help me out? i only get sound out of 2 speakers!!

A:aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh! (audigy 2)

Hi,

I know you probably have done this, but if not give it a try:

Start up and go to the device manager....delete all of your sound references.

Then shut down, remove the card, and boot up again and look in device manager....if anything remains there, delete it.

Then reinstall the card and try your drivers after you know the sound area is clean. If that does not work, try the next route:

Start
Control Panel
System
Hardware
Device Manager
View
Resources by connection
IRQ or Interrupt Request
Right click on sound and try to install drivers
If that does not work then scan for hardware changes and see if it
finds it.

Hope one of these work for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh-audigy-2.266371/
Relevancy 35.69%

Im having a problem getting my ATI TV Wonder VE card working under windows It al started when I replaced old SB sound card with Audigy card I cant get anything but blue screen Tracked down problem in device manager that capture drivers are not installed After thinking it conflicts Audigy Ati 2 TV & Wonder was a possible IRQ conflict and moving cards Ati TV Wonder & Audigy 2 conflicts around Installing and uninstalling latest drivers for TV card Its has to be a conflict with Audigy and its drivers Because if i go back to SB it works Under device manager all the devices are working properly except the ATI TV wonder Ati TV Wonder & Audigy 2 conflicts audio capture it say no drivers installed even after updating and reinstalling drivers it still will say no driver installed When i run ATI MMC configuration checker it says there are is no video capture driver even though i have installed it So has had any problems with conflicts of TV Wonder VE card and Audiy cards It doses the same thing under Windows ME All the drivers and WDM drivers are installed Its just not being recognized Im running Windows xp no sp update thought that might help as i need to download sp to Ati TV Wonder & Audigy 2 conflicts support usb Any one with any ideas or same problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-tv-wonder-audigy-2-conflicts.280275/
Relevancy 35.69%

Is there anyone who can give me instruction on how to reset my sound audigy back to default setting. I don't need any echos or hall, or room effect. some kids playing with my setting and I have a long echos like in a tunnel effect. need help on changing back to standard no effect in the enviroment or is it EAX

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Nab

A:Audigy platinum

Go to control panel, and if you donwloaded all the software, there should be an Icon for "AudioHQ", click on this, then EAX Control Panel, and you should see Audio Effects at the top left, highlight "FX" and then just to the right highlight (no effects).

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-platinum.4546/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Gen Dell XPS system with a SoundBlaster Audigy ZS audio card I just reformatted my hard drive a few days ago and I m having a lot of trouble finding the audio drivers for my card I currently have my audio running through my ZS... Problems with 2 Audigy SB home theater system using the Creative home theater cable I went to the Creative site and download a driver for my card and Problems with SB Audigy 2 ZS... I have sound but no bass Problems with SB Audigy 2 ZS... Before when I had this problem I had to go into the audio console and change the bass cutoff frequency to get it to work properly Unfortunately now the driver I have gives me no such option and I have no idea how to find the one I had before I currently don t even have an icon in my system try showing that an audio console is running and this new one looks completely different from the one I had The one I had came pre-installed on the system I ve been to the Dell site and they have plenty of drivers for my system but nothing related to audio Does anyone have any ideas My system is Dell Gen XPS Windows XP MCE Intel Pentium ghz HT gb ram GeForce GT mb Soundblaster Audigy ZS nbsp

A:Problems with SB Audigy 2 ZS...

The drivers on Creatives site wont work OEM sound cards like yours. You have to use the drivers from Dell. Did you use the restore disks? Some systems come with a seperate disk with drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-sb-audigy-2-zs.89057/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

I recently hooked-up Logitech Z506 5.1. With MUCH tinkering with the onboard realtek sound I couldn't get sound from the rear speakers, so I purchased an audigy se card from amazon, turned off the onboard sound in the bios, installed the card n drivers and viola...I got the rears working.

I read bad reviews about using the driver CD in win 7x64 so I downloaded drivers from creative site. They work ok but there is no EQ, and in some movies like streaming SG-1 it's sometimes hard to hear speech.

Anyone know of EQ software that would work here ?

Oh, My center speaker is not too audible either.

Thanks

A:Need EQ software for SB Audigy SE

EQ is not the problem. What player are you using for videos? Many have their own configuration options for audio to get better surround sound.

The Audigy SE is a relatively old hardware sound card. They were originally issued in the Windows XP days (I had one in an old Dell Dimension E510). When I upgraded to Vista, the Audigy SE worked but the new creative drivers for Vista didn't have all the available functions that the XP drivers had.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/326978-need-eq-software-sb-audigy-se.html
Relevancy 35.69%

i gotta get a new sound card. i think my old 1 got smoked witha power sirge. it was a real cheep card called high live which was junk anyway so i don't miss it.

i can get a sb live card by creative for 29 bucks but they got a little better 1 caled audigy 2 but I can't tell what the diference is from looking at the box. does anyone know what the diference is between the 2 cards? there are a few audigy 2 cards but i am thinking about the low end one.

A:sb live Vs. audigy 2 ...........

I would compare the specs on the two and see what they say, my feeling is that since you had a crappy card, the Live card would probably knock your socks off, and since it is cheaper, you will be able to afford a new pair of socks. I think the Audigy is a higher end, more features, etc, but unless you have some really high end speakers you will never hear the difference.
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=206&product=10315&nav=3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sb-live-vs-audigy-2.376978/
Relevancy 35.69%

Audigy SE works but only with driver from Microsoft update and it not works in TV tuner.
I'm tried many vista drivers/modified divers audigy to x-fi - always BSOD !

Any ideas or skills ?

A:Creative Audigy

Hi, edkis, and welcome to the forums.

Creative has been lax when it comes to supporting 64bit and newer OSs - but have you tried the (equivalent) Vista driver? For instance, I have several pieces of hardware (Hauppauge PVR-1800 TV tuner, Logitech MX Revolution, my Acer X213W monitors, all of which I had to use the Vista drivers for. Also, I am using the Vista drivers for my RealTek HD Audio and nVidia GTX 260s as well....

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/942-creative-audigy.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I had NO help with this in the hardware forum so i thought i would try here I am running Windows Xp and for an unknown reason my sound card Audigy gamer just stopped working this is the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us but when i try to install updated drivers it tells me there was a problem Audigy WDM Drivers installing the hardware access is denied I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS ive tried installing them off the cd and off the Audigy webbsite I have reinstalled windows drivers and everything off the cd and then tried again but to no avail I am totally stuck without sound and have NO idea how to get it back PLEASE any input would be Audigy WDM Drivers GREATLY appreciated Here is my first post that i put in the hardware forum that has a little more information I have an Audigy Gamer sound card When i go into the device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the quot MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER quot when i right click and hit properties under the General Tab it says in the box quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code the website i listed above states this To reinstall the drivers for this device click Reinstall Driver quot I have tried reinstalling the drivers already im not that dumb but there is always an error when it finishes I have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it but after i do that i get an error upon startup saying my Audigy WDM Drivers sound card is Audigy WDM Drivers not installed correctly please try again But no matter how many times i try to reinstall the card or just the drivers there is an error When i try reinstalling the drivers throught the wizard in the device manager i get the following error quot There was a problem installing this hardware Multimedia Audio Controller An error occured during the installation of this device Access is denied quot PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Audigy WDM Drivers

Can you try the card in another rig to make sure it's not bad?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-wdm-drivers.160231/
Relevancy 35.69%

Due to popular demand we ll probably hold back any driver release until we get more sufficient information to Drivers On Audigy new address this issue involving the system lockups with the On new Audigy Drivers tone in the sound buffer If there is a change in the driver it will have to go through WHQL again A lot of the more established companies including us are now certified by MS to do self certification i e we can run the tests here amp send the test results to Microsoft along with On new Audigy Drivers the card amp drivers amp of On new Audigy Drivers course a check MS will review the results to confirm that the tests have been run correct amp apply a digital signature to the driver It is a faster process but that just brings time period back to the time that it used to take to get drivers tested amp signed lt sigh gt The good news is that sound card drivers will most likely be installable rather than updates It shouldn t be much difference in size so there s no reason not to have it as an installable driver rather than requiring that the previous installation -- Harvey Fong Technical Marketing Specialist Audio Products Creative Labs Inc http www soundblaster com As you might recall the quot update quot drivers was something I d disliked about the Audigy as was in my Audigy Review So looks like Creative is at least listening to what the users would like nbsp

A:On new Audigy Drivers

When will they be available

How long will it take to get the new fixed drivers? The lockup's drive me insane.
Thanks for the reply in advance.
Mark

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-new-audigy-drivers.245/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello all So here s the thing I ve had a SB Live Value sound card for the past like years I was in a computer shop getting a very basic sound card for my dad he just needs to hear sounds here and there so the most basic thing would do when I saw an Audigy sound card for sale for a cheap price even cheaper than an SB Live Value so I thought hey I ll buy the Audigy for myself Live? or SB Audigy and give the SB Live to my dad I come home and install the Audigy only to find out that the sound is now a lot worse than it was with Audigy or SB Live? the SB Live I have no idea why this is but I m guessing Audigy or SB Live? a lot of it has to do with the fact that the option of adjusting Treble Bass Audigy or SB Live? in the Surround Mixer under Advanced Controls is now turned off I was able to play around with this fine with the SB Live and it made the sound much better but without it the sound is just bad Now I went home and did some research and realized that I may have made a big mistake seeing as how there s Audigy and even Audigy out so this Audigy isn t at all new as I thought it is What I want to know is this Is there any way to get the Treble Bass under Advanced Controls to be activated again Is Audigy actually worse than SB Live Should I just go back out there and buy a newer sound card if so which By the way I m using old Yamaha DSP speakers I don t want the sound to be amazing just as good as it used to be Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

While I was installing WIN XP Pro on my new system:

Asus P4c800 Deluxe
Intel 2.6 mhz processor
512mb Corvair mem (compat w/MB)

I can get the system to recognize either the onboard sound chip or the Audigy 2 card. It shows hardware installed on the Creative diagostics program but no driver installed for the "multimedia Audio controller" or "Mass Storage Device".

It gives me the error "the data is invalid"

System is up and running. I've tried the disable the USB 2.0 and turned off Legacy USB 1.0, but doesn't do the trick.

Any suggestions?

CSpud

A:Sound Max/Audigy 2 and USB

I assume that you want to use the Audigy2 and have the SoundMax turned off to avoid conflicts.

Disable the onboard audio in BIOS
Keep Legacy USB turned off
Enable USB 2.0
Check your BIOS settings for USB Mass Storage

Make sure you've got the newest Creative drivers. As a rule of thumb, never use the installation CD that came with hardware, as that software is usually out of date. Grab the newest drivers from the Creative website.

Are there any conflicts in the device manager? Pay close attention to the sound devices and USB devices. If there is a conflict, remove it from the device manager and reinstall the newest drivers.

You do have all of the latest patches from Windows Update, correct? I know there have been a couple USB updates and sound updates on there to correct problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-max-audigy-2-and-usb-8504.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I just bought one off of ebay real cheap. It works fine, went to creative.com and dled the drivers. But I wanna download the software such as surmix to get full control of my 6.1 setup. The way creative has it, all their downloads require you to have the software downloaded from the cd. I never got the cd with this soundcard nor do I see myself ever having it.

Can anybody send me or send a link where I could download the software for surmix and audigy HQ?

Thanks

A:Help with my Audigy 2 Soundcard.....

This Forum Says this...
http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.co...opic=15966&st=0

which says this:
Download the Web Update version of the Surround Mixer from Creative, but don't run the setup file, it will detect if the mixer is alread install or not and won't let you update unless it finds and exisiting install of it.

Instead, since it is an self extrating archive, use WinRAR to extract it to a temp folder. In your temp folder you'll now find a sub folder named SURMIX2, go in there and run the setup.exe file there and the mixer will install.

You can use the same procedure for the Audigy Drivers and the HQ control panel without having to install all the stuff from the original CD. This makes a nice clean install of the whole Audigy Drivers and Software. Another great thing to point out, I was able to get the the WDM drivers to install on a Win98 box with full SoundFont support too!

from here:
http://au.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp
or
http://nl.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-my-audigy-2-soundcard.489164/
Relevancy 35.69%

i have a audigy 2 zs with latest drivers and have had no problems whatsoever with any games until i recently installed close combat, first to fight. The problem i have is ingame i have no music or gun fire effects. Spoke to take 2 who said it is a soundcard fault the only way i can get it to work is by going into dxdiag of direct x and turning the soundcard hardware acceleration to basic instead of full but that inturn turns off all surround sound (5.1 i have ) for all other games . I have to keep going into dxdiag to either turn acceleration down or up dependent on which game i play. PLease can you advise me on any possible solutions.

I have tried all creative drivers on their website and have re-installed game think maybe eax problem but dont know

A:Audigy 2 zs help needed!!!!!

Hi

Are you absolutely sure that there is not a setting within the game software that needs setting up?

Is there any way you can get hold of another copy of the game software to eliminate the possibility of a fault in your copy?

Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audigy-2-zs-help-needed-52172.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay I have the Audigy 2 soundblaster with ports in the front and I can not get the anything to work that plugs in to these ports.
Is it just a faulty card or is there actually something I can do?

A:audigy 2 problems

what operating system?

Have you updated to the newest drivers?

What devices?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-problems.210812/
Relevancy 35.69%

My Audigy sound works on everything except maybe Adobe Premiere except the Windows Start sound is clipped at the beginning It suddenly pops on a second or two past where it should Listening to the same sound wav in Control Panel it sounds fine I might have quot updated quot the driver through Driver Agent a few weeks ago but can t remember Driver Agent now says my driver is up to date I ZS 2 Audigy Which Drivers would like to uninstall the driver and install or reinstall the latest but I can t Which Audigy 2 ZS Drivers figure out which driver The Device Manager identifies the card as Audigy ZS and Belarc Advisor confirms that But Creative s auto update can t seem to correctly install the activex so I tried a manual lookup Creative lists ZS Platimum and a bunch of other quot ZS xxx quot cards but no plain ZS I used Dell s lookup for my Dimension and it list something completely different like quot Super Duper Stereo quot which does not surprise me with Dell Any ideas on how I can determine which driver nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

This is one really weird problem.

Yesterday i found out that my rear and centre speakers were producing really low sound. After a restart, Windows lost the ability to set it on 5.1 speaker config. It would just revert back to 2.1. I did a reinstall of the drivers but no luck.

I don't know what the problem is. It's extremely weird and i hope someone here can help me.

PC Specs:
Intel i5 750 @stock
4GB RAM
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Windows 7 x64
Logitech X-540

A:Cannot set 5.1 config with SB Audigy 2 ZS

Go into "Control Panel>Sound" then click on the "SB Audigy 2 ZS" down the bottom of the window there you will see "configer" click on that and then you will be able to configer X.1 soudn you want to select.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146120-cannot-set-5-1-config-sb-audigy-2-zs.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,
I got this sound card...audigy sb0090 with sb1394 support...i don't have driver cd and win 7 is recognizing it as multimedia audio controller i tried looking for driver and software but noting seemed to b working,,,i got a driver from creative site that is also not functioning i mean my creative inspire 5.1 5200 is not giving sound from all speakers and is working like 2.1 with that driver.. although i did setting from Control Panel to 5.1surround system....now please help me by giving a complete software link that can help me in configuring my speakers and card....thanks....

http://www.anpo.republika.pl/sb0090/a1-duze.jpg

A:SB AUDIGY win7

Have you tried this:

Hardware Helper Online: Audigy sound card drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/169764-sb-audigy-win7.html
Relevancy 35.69%

i bought a Sound blaster audigy SE sound card and i am having some problems trying to get it to work. ii think i have installed it right by putting it in the PCI slot and i pushed it in as much as i could. i didn't see what power cord from the PSU would fit to it so i didn't add a cord from the PSU(also manual didn't say anything about it). i tryed installing the drivers and it said there is no product (sound card) to install for. i didn't disable my on-board sound by MSI and i don't know how? but anyways can someone tell me what i should do next please?

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi girls & guys,,I have a new audigy se sound card,up to date drivers,but I just tried today to record with mic & oh oh!----Windows xp home.
I have disabled my onboard ac97 sound,but only in device manager,should I go into BIOS & do it there also?
I did a TSG thread search for an answer but no solution.
I did a google & no answer there.
I went to creative website & no answer there.
Mic is plugged into correct plug.
Mic is activated.
I have legacy sound drivers in my device manager,should I disable them?
I hope I've given enough information.
I'm just starting to learn to play the harmonica & I would like to I record my progress.Would be interesting to listen to myself a year from now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-mic-sound-in-audigy-se.768730/
Relevancy 35.69%

My speakers partly working.. I checked and ran Audigy test ..result below:
Any Idea how to fix that please.. Thanks

A:Creative Audigy 5.1

Update the driver from the manufacturers Website, if that doesn't work your sound card doesn't support them.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/90993-creative-audigy-5-1-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I just picked up an audigy 2 sound card and after putting it in couldnt get online. My computer is connected to a switch to a router to my cable modem. I get connection (but not activity) lights all the way through but can only ping localhost. It looks like the culprit is dhcp. I'm set to use it but instead of the private ip i should be getting, i get something else. Also my subnet gets set to 255.255.0.0. I've been through uninstalling, reinstalling, gettting latest drivers, tried a different nic, checked I/O and IRQ conflicts. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

A:audigy 2 and network

well first off if it is dhch do an ipconfig /all if you get a 169.x.x.x then for sure its dhcp have to checked the cable going to the router loopback will just tell you if you nic is ok

ipconfig /all will show you if dhcp is enabled

if you running 98 its winipcfg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-and-network.200674/
Relevancy 35.69%

Anybody know if this works (plug n play upon install) ? I didn't find any information that would give a definite answer one way or the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sb-audigy-mp3-pci-with-mandrake-8-1.473/
Relevancy 35.69%

Howdy!

I bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 Sound Card SB1570 a couple of years back and I never have been able to get it to work correctly in Win 8.1 or Win 10.

It'll work just fine occasionally after a shutdown, but if I reboot again it'll stop and may not work for twenty more reboots.

If I turn the volume all the way up I can very faintly hear it working. Sometimes there will be a loud humming/crackling sound.

I've disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS, as well as all other audio drivers in Windows itself. I've gone into the properties and checked levels, and even changed the default format from 24 bit to 16 bit. I've tried uninstalling and using RealTek drivers instead.

Anybody out there have any ideas on what could be wrong?

A:Audigy FX Problems

I have the exact same problem. Working fine, reboot not working. Tried everything, changing PCIE slot, newest Win 10 drivers, older drivers, only Windows Drivers but so far I was not able to set this sound card to work.
Anyone with a solution?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39177-audigy-fx-problems.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have just installed an original Creative SB Audigy sound card. System is based on an AS Rock board, pc is running W2K Pro, and the speakers are Creative Itrigue 2.1.

Everything is wired up correctly (tho it might help to have an idiocy level 1 guide, just in case!) and the system and speakers were running happily on a different card beforehand. No sound. Device Manager seems perfectly happy with no little question marks etc..

Any troubleshooting help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

A:Audigy..... no sound

i do believe i had your exact same problem when i installed my audigy card. go to volume controls in your taskbar, play conrol, advanced and TURN OFF DIGITAL OUTPUT ONLY. for some reason this is the default setting for audigy cards. hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-no-sound.22528/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have Audigy 2 ZS 7.1
I downloaded latest drivers from official site.
I also use the creative's media player and have 7.1 creative's speakers.

After installation I notice that I have no more equallizer, no callibration ability, no any settings to do...
Do u know why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-audigy-2-zs.469825/
Relevancy 35.69%

to save time and bandwidth i will just link a thread i have going in another forum...

http://www.techimo.com/forum/t148133.html

i hope one of you guys can help me with this..as im stumped

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-zs-problems-help-please.29921/
Relevancy 35.69%

just saw this over at [H]ardOCP. apparently compaq released com new audigy drivers. the only thing holding me back from downloading these drivers is the size. 377MB??? I'd think it would include playcenter, soundfont and even goldmine. since i have a crappy 56k connection it'd be nice if some of you broadband-blessed people out there can give us some feedback on these. i don't want to lay my connection to waste for a long time just for some crappy drivers so it they're worth it someone please tell us poor 56Kers.

btw just go to [H]'s main page to download them. it you don't have a compaq (who the hell does??) you have to delete a file. it's all on their news post.

A:new audigy drivers??

Those Drivers came out in May. The Creative release (soon) will be the exact same, albeit it smaller. That Compaq package contains everything on the CD pretty much, play center, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-audigy-drivers.2053/
Relevancy 35.69%

have creative audigy se on windows 7 with everything supposedly working properly.. but i have no effects mixer,,,,,and when i use mic,, it has a delay between when i speak and when i hear it,,,,,any suggestions?

A:creative audigy se

Perhaps try using the kx drivers: Official kX Project Site -- News
I didn't have much luck using Creative's Win 7 drivers for my Audigy 2 - lots of snap-crackle-pop - really disappointing. However, installing the kx drivers saved me from ditching my card all together.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/56165-creative-audigy-se.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I've recently built a new computer with a p5n-32 sli premium motherboard with 2 8800gt's in sli. I did have my Audigy 2 platinum pro card in use but took it out because of the squeal of death when using sli.Before I took it out I used it a bit when playing COD 4 with just one card being used (no sli) and it worked fine most of the time but it did do the SOD 2 times that I can remember. Now the IRQ's for the sound and video cards were the same but as for the IRQ for my onboard sound ( what I'm using for now), I don't know since I'm not at that computer and I haven't had this problem yet with it. I would just assume that it was because of the sli but since it has happend in a non-sli situation, I know better. Any Ideas or any body else experiencing this?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/116435-sli-audigy-2-issues.html
Relevancy 35.69%

The sound card worked fine under XP. Clean install to Win 7 and no audio. Device Manager shows the driver installed - no errors. Status says "this device is working properly". Installed the Win 7 64-bit driver. Driver date Sept. 23, 2009. Driver version 6.0.1.1371. Also tried beta driver and still no go. No sound on start up, no audio players work. Speakers at 100%.

I tried listening using headphones, but still no good.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A:SB Audigy 2 ZS Not Working

Solved. Sound -> Volume Control -> Playback. Had two speaker icons. The default was not responding. Made the other speaker icon the default.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/37626-sb-audigy-2-zs-not-working.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey, well I just got my new sound card (audigy 2 zs retail) and I wanted to know how I should go about installing it.

Right now im on intel integrated audio ac'97. In the device manager, under sound,video and game controllers, do I just disable the things associated with the current onboard soundcard? The things under sound/video/game controllers is...audio codecs, intel(r) ac'97 controller, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture devices, media control devices, and video codecs. So which of these do i uninstall/delete? and then do i need to disable onboard sound in the bios? after all of this is done all i need to do is install the soundcard and install the drivers/software it came with right?

Thanks for the help

A:Installing Audigy 2 ZS

First thing uninnstall your existing sound card drivers,

second go to BIOS and diable onboard sound

install your new sound card and u r done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-audigy-2-zs.26589/
Relevancy 35.69%

If you have a Soyo Dragon Mobo and plan on upgrading to a Audigy you would be well advised to place the card in slot 4 or 5.
When I intially installed the card in my system I placed it in slot 2 booted up and started the drivers installation. Got to 95% and wham big time crash, even got the blue screen dumping physical memory. Powered down the system turned back on to the lovely suprise of corrupted CDRom system drivers and 1 other thing but don't remember what that was. Well to make a long story short I did a search on google, and found that the dragon will not work with Audigy except in slot 4 and 5. Well not all dragons but from what I read enough that I figured I pre warn anyone that I can.

Enjoy

A:Audigy Warning

That is a strange problem. Is it like an IRQ problem? What chipset does it affect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-warning.3060/
Relevancy 35.69%

I borrowed an Audigy 2 from a friend (not an Audigy 2 ZS) to play around with and I'm unable to tell if it's playing in 24-bit audio. I read somewhere that you have to select to use 24-bit/96kHz audio, but when I go into the Device Controls in Creative's AudioHQ I only get a selection of if I want the SPDIF output to be set to 48kHz or 96kHz.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for this selection? I found a tool that displays a hidden control pannel for Creative cards and that selection wasn't there either, so I'm wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place?

Any help would totally rock.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 35.69%

i had a post like this a long time back and the problem could not be fixed so now i am asking does anyone here with a audigy ZS have this problem the problem is when ever i play a game like battlefield or battlefield then enable hardware in the sound options and in battlefield when i enable hardware and or eax i lose certain sounds i lose sounds such as gun sounds i cant hear the gun shot sounds when i shoot all i hear is the bullet shells falling on audigy problems 2 ZS the ground how many people have this problem PS i have copies of windows xp installed both have the same problem i also have another MHz pc with the same sound card and it has the same problem my pc specs -------- EVEREST Ultimate Edition c - Lavalys Inc --------------------------------------------------- Version EVEREST v Benchmark Module Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Computer NARUTO-QAHTBLK Generator naruto Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional audigy 2 ZS problems WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Computer Type Advanced Configuration and Power Interface ACPI PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name NARUTO-QAHTBLK User Name naruto SMTP E-mail Address email protected Logon Domain NARUTO-QAHTBLK Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x Motherboard Name Soyo K VTA K VTA-B K VTA Pro ISA PCI AGP DIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset VIA VT A Apollo KT A System Memory MB BIOS Type Award Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX XT MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX XT Monitor Compaq MV quot CRT Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Audigy ZS Sound Card Storage IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller SCSI RAID Controller AXSAKI SCSI Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive HDS VLAT GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive SAMSUNG SV H USB Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive AXV CD DVD-RW SCSI CdRom Device Optical Drive CD-ROM CCD- X D x CD-ROM Optical Drive OPTORITE CD-RW CW x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D FAT MB MB free G FAT MB MB free Total Size GB GB free nbsp

A:audigy 2 ZS problems

nvm, i fixed it

to fix it, 1. Go to EAX Console.
2. At the Effects tab, uncheck Enable Audio Effects box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-zs-problems.407836/