Windows Support Forum

IP configuration problem

Q: IP configuration problem

So, suddenly my internet stopped working (im using lan adapters you put in the socket). I ****ed up I think, I was dicking around and I manually changed the ip, subnetmasker and the default gateway to what my laptop has. I copied the dns server adres too, and I made an adres up for the alternative dns server. This obviously didnt do jack ****

So I changed the properties back to "automatically assign ip adres" and I went into cmd, I typed "ipconfig/all". It now shows NO default gateway, and it shows the ip that I copied from my laptop, the dns servers show: fec0:0:0:ffff: : 1%1
Fec0:0:0:ffff: :2%1
Fec0:0:0:ffff: :3%1
Now, I would realy like some help here, since im not a computer expert (as you probably could tell). Ask me what you need to know!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IP configuration problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IP configuration problem

Anyone? I think a mod moved my thread to "networking", why is it moved from "free tech support" -->software, to networking?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-configuration-problem.212477/
Relevancy 41.28%

I need to set up three user accounts on two computers the accounts on each computer is going to be monitored.
Each user will be assigned access for certain folder or files and certain applications, like internet explorer.
And all usb ports and dvd drive will be blocked. Only the admin will be allow to have full access.

So i need to do something that allow ( managers) to monitor employees activity on the system during working hours.

On one pc is windows xp pro on the other os windows 7 home premium.

Any idea how i can acomplish this task?

I.was thinking of group policy on both computers but on home premium there is not group policy.

Also the users will be using almost all the same programs and files just the with different information.

Thank you in advance.

A:group policy configuration and computer configuration question

Read this
But for Windows 7 Home Premium you will not have the
Local Security Policy so you may need to upgrade to Windows 7 Pro for that.

This is easier to control with a server like Windows Server 2003 or 2008.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/group-policy-configuration-and-computer-configuration-question-613064.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello:
My daughter's IBM R40 laptop stopping running today and comes up with error Messages that say:

ERROR
o271: Check date & time settings
ERROR
Warning: IRQ not configured - PCI Serial BIOS Controller on Motherboard
Bus:00, Device:1D, Function:00
Bus:01, Device:1D, Function:00
ERROR
Bus:02, Device:02, Function:00
ERROR
Warning: IRQ not configured - PCI Network Controller in Slot 01
Bus:02, Device:02, Function:00
ERROR
Warning: IRQ not configured - PCI Serial Bus Controller on Motherboard
Bus:02, Device:07, Function:00
ERROR
Bus:02, Device:08, Function:00
Can someone offer some advice, suggestions, etc. I really would appreciate it, of course it happens the night she has to finish a project for school and can't get to the data she has already completed. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, you guys are great.

BB

A:IRC Configuration problem

first remove the battery and reinstall..plug into shore power..try to boot..no joy then you will have to open up the case where the memory is and remove the bios battery..small round like a watch battery..usually by memory stick..they only cost a couple of dollars..put it in and get into the bios and reset the time and date..should work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/irc-configuration-problem.451996/
Relevancy 40.85%

Domain Name Server Configuration
When I connect to the Internet, I can stay connected for a while, then the connection just drops. When I diagnose it, it says that there is a problem with the Domain Name Server Configuration, and says it was unable to ping microsoft.com. Then shortly after I will reconnect.

I'm not sure what all you need to know in order to help me with this, but what do you think I should do to repair this? These disconnects are getting really annoying.

I am connecticut through a wifi on a dell laptop.

Relevancy 40.85%

I was going to send you my HJT Log, but went into the Configuration to make sure I had it set right when I noticed that it said Default Start Page about:blank. My start page is comcast.net/home.html I THOUGHT. Also the Default Search Page, Search Asst and Search Customize say microsoft and msn.com, but I am with comcast. Looks like maybe I have been taken over even further than I thought? But the sample in your tutorial has the same info on page 5... so now I am not sure whether I should change it or leave it alone. (In any event, I don't know what my search page, asst or customize ought to be, but I should think they'd be related to comcast.) PLEASE ADVISE.

A:HJT Configuration problem ?

...so now I am not sure whether I should change it or leave it alone...  PLEASE ADVISE.(I went ahead and changed everything related to my default URLs on the HJT Configuration Page to comcast.net/home.html, so I could send you the HJT Logs, which are attached. I have re-scanned with HJT in the new format, so I have the original log configured with about:blank listed as the default (as *hijackthis*) and the new log configured with comcast listed as the default (as *hijackthis2*). They are almost the same, except for the R1s and R0s. The machine seems to be running okay, so if you tell me which way to configure that part of HJT, I will set it that way.)I have been having TERRIBLE adware pop-up problems now for about 2 weeks. I have had BroadCastPC, Ezula, NicTech and Look2Me (that I know of), and I keep having McAfee Virus Scan say that Downloader-RK, Downloader-AAI, and Generic Component have been caught and deleted. But they all just keep coming back!!!At first I only had McAfee Virus Scan, Firewall and Spyware, and the machine is set to block pop-ups. I went online to the McAfee techs twice when the programs couldn't seem to kill these things. The 1st time, the tech took over my computer and apparently downloaded HJT and a *dat*, as they were icons on the desktop afterwards. I could see the cursor moving around and checking things, but I don't know what he fixed. Finally it said to Re-start, and when the machine came back up, he was gone. In my browser bar it said I was using about:blank instead of comcast.net/home.html, so I went into Tools, Internet Options and put it back as the default. I went back to the techs online, and they had me to run the *dat* in DOS with the machine on Safe Mode and Restore off. Everything still came back!!!(I have never put the Restore back on... should I??)I started investigating and learned about Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, HJT and you guys. I downloaded all of them, but I was afraid to use HJT. All of them find something different - my computer must be LOADED with this stuff. They all say they have removed them, but they come right back. I went to Housecall and it took stuff off too. Spybot says I have Security Risks - which is scary. It says it fixes it everytime, but that keeps coming back too. I downloaded Autoruns, and it says I have a ton of stuff on my Startups, but I didn't know what to take off. All I know is that the Ad-aware logs say I only have 31% - 41% of my memory available - I guess they mean RAM? I am supposed to have 512, and I just don't believe I have that much on here that should eat it all up like that.(p.s. Hubby's computer is connected to mine by wireless via comcast. I have their Netgear box, and he has a little Linksys thing that sits on his.)Here are the Logs. PLEASE HELP ME.(This is the original one with about:blank as the default) Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 3:39:07 AM, on 7/31/2005Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exeC:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exeC:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mscifapp.exeC:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exeC:\progra~1\mcafee\MCAFEE~2\MssCli.exec:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Messeng... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26527/hjt-configuration-problem/
Relevancy 40.85%

A couple of days ago Problem configuration? my DNS with my computer decided that it isn't going to connect to the internet on a certain network I can connect to the router but between the network and the internet there's a happy red X and my network status is Local Only When I do Window's disgonstics it tells me that Problem with my DNS configuration? quot There may be a Problem with my DNS configuration? problem with your Domain Name Server dns configuration quot This is a weird problem because I used to be able to connect to the network it's wireless btw no problem but Problem with my DNS configuration? I came back from vacation and my computer won't let me I can connect to any other network and get online but I can't connect to internet service I actually pay for One thing I've noticed is that I can ping the router no problem but I can't ping anything else I've tried researching this problem online but I've seen lots of posts of people with this problem but no solutions I've tried disabling Ipv and making sure that all the settings are to aquire IP and DNS address automaticly but none of this helped Can someone please help me figure out what I've got to do to make this stop it's very irritating being in the middle of doing a project and not being able to connect to the internet

A:Problem with my DNS configuration?

A lot of people seem to have a similar problem (me included)

I don't have a proper solution yet but what I do for now is open a comand prompt window. (Hold windows key and press R then type "cmd" and press enter) and type "ipconfig /renew.

This gets me back on the internet but unfortunately I have to do this every time I switch the computer on so there must be a better solution out there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-my-dns-configuration-210285.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a problem with my wireless internet
when ever i try to get internet through the wireless router it says "there may be a problem with your domain name server (DNS)
configuration"
"windows failed to find the well known host "www.microsoft.com" using DNS. The server may be down.

when when i plug my computer into the modem i get internet

i would be happy to get any help i can
i have a vista by the way

Relevancy 40.85%

The error report by Windows Network Diagnostics There may be a problem with your Domain Name with Configuration Problem DNS Server DNS configuration I have read some of the post here about this problem with Windows Vista but I noticed that most of them seem to be laptop My problem is with my Windows Vista Home Premium Desktop Computer so that lead me to Problem with DNS Configuration make the post Anyways the problem is with the wired internet connection from the computer to the router it seems from reading other post The other computer in the household that is connected to the router which has Windows XP installed has more consistent wired connection to the internet than my Windows Vista Desktop Computer In other words when I am watching from my computer a video or playing a game online the connection will usually drop and after a couple of minutes come back online My temporary fix solutions are Wait for the connection to come back online restart the computer and turn-off and on the modem I am able to access the router setup page unfortunately my computer skills are limited so I do not know where to put certain information and numbers unless specified Here is my computer Router Information My Desktop Computer Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Operating System Service Pack Motherboard AMD GIGABYTE GA-MA -UD AM AM AMD ATX Router LINKSYS Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT GL Please help me find a solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I added a DLINK DAP-1522 to a Netgear wireless router to extend its range. I set up the DLink as an "Access Point" for Wi-Fi clients to access the network. One thing that I notice was that I could access the DLink configuration web browser when I'm connected to the Netgear router or the Dlink unit.

The opposite doesn't happen. When I'm connected to the DAP-1522, I can not access the "Netgear configuration" web browser. Also, I'm not able to access the internet or the other computers in the network.

Any help will be very welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ap-configuration-problem.1068341/
Relevancy 40.85%

My laptop bit windows vista has not been connecting to my home network recently It shows me the signal that I am connected but cannot surf the web I can connect to other networks just fine Other computers can even connect to this network perfectly When I diagnosed I get this message There may be a problem with your DNS configuration Windows failed to find the you know the rest When I type ipconfig all in command prompt I get this message C Users Chung Luonh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChungLuong-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - F-E -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes There configuration. may with problem be a DNS your Link-local IPv Address fe c e dc d a cb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April There may be a problem with your DNS configuration. PM Default Gateway fe e ff fed aa DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- - -D DHCP Enabled There may be a problem with your DNS configuration. Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FD -E F- D -A C -ACAE BF br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D- E C- F -AC A-C DAC F br AD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Chung Luonh gt nbsp

A:There may be a problem with your DNS configuration.

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for over a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-may-be-a-problem-with-your-dns-configuration.1049348/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an HP - Pavilion 15-aw065sa and it operates on windows 10. The router is working fine however, the internet keeps dropping out and I get a limited connectivity notification on the wireless icon. On expanding the wireless it tells me I have an IP configuration problem......  Does anyone have any ideas?  I do have a Toshiba which is much older, and this has no problems, however, it is a slug in comparison and one reason I up graded my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/IP-Configuration-problem/td-p/5850131
Relevancy 40.85%

I've reset my configurtion data, now i'm having problems with playing games on yahoo etc.

A:configuration problem

Hello Russell, Welcome to TSF!

Was there any particular reason for changing the configuration data?
If not, try this...

Try powering up the computer from a 'Cold Start', while continually tapping the F8 Key.
In the "Safe Mode" Menu select the option "Last Known Good Configuration", and follow the on-screen prompts.

Post back with the outcome.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/configuration-problem-298749.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Alright, I have been working at this for an eternity. I am connected to the net through a wired\wireless linksys router. My wireless connected PC is working as I am writing on this forum with it, it is a laptop that uses XP.

My problem is with my main PC connected by wire to the same router. That machine uses Vista 64bits. Vista tells me is the problem is

''There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration''

Now I've been trying to fix this stupid problem for ages. 've tried flushing my DNS, My TCP\IP is all set to automatically find the DNS. I've tried various CMD solutions I've found on the net, nothing's resolved my problem. I would love for any help provided, thank you in advance.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi folks I am fairly computer illiterate I use them for e mail to shop and to get information About a week ago Etc? Problem, Configuration Virus, computer started acting funny while on the internet Now I can rarely get to Hotmail and most of the time I can't get to some Microsoft sites and so far tonight I've not been able to get to any Mozilla sites Also my System Restore doesn't work I get an error message saying quot System Restore was not completed your files were not changed quot Also also I deleted Internet Explorer I was going to download it again but I discovered Virus, Configuration Problem, Etc? that that's downloading Explorer not possible - at least I haven't been able to do it I Virus, Configuration Problem, Etc? did Virus, Configuration Problem, Etc? that with XP and it worked fine but I guess they somehow embedded Explorer in Vista and you're not supposed to delete it I've Googled to try to find solutions for this problem and I did find something that said it would get rid of any virus malware and whatever else and it appears the virus is gone but looks like it did some damage before I got rid of it Normally if I'd been in my nice clean country I would have taken my computer to Best Buy at first sign of malfunction paid and had the thing back the same day good as new BUT I'm stuck in Peru at the moment and I have yet to find a single person who could do anything right over here and I'm not about to let any of them anywhere NEAR it So anybody have any suggestions for me - besides to get a Mac next time

A:Virus, Configuration Problem, Etc?

I dont think you have uninstalled IE as it is part of the OS...more later.Do you have a virus scanner? If not try the link http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlI would also download and install super antispyware and run a full scan. http://www.superantispyware.com/In your search box type Internet Explorer and you should see the short cut to it just copy it back to your desktop,hold down the right mouse button and drag it, then select copy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127162/virus-configuration-problem-etc/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have no access to the internet through ethernet. It says "local area connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
I tried rebooting modem and laptop, using different operating system,
"ipconfig /release", then "ipconfig /renew". Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks

A:Ethernet ip configuration problem

I found myself experiencing this same issue about three weeks ago. Incredibly annoying problem. I now have a new modem (probably not needed) and a new ethernet card (possibly not needed).

I am assuming that your modem is wired directly to your computer. If it is connected to a router you will need to disconnect it and wire it directly to the computer. Now please do the following:

1. Click on start; go to all Programs; go to Accessories; right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as
Administrator.

2. In the command prompt window type
netsh winsock reset
and hit enter. This may take a bit of time so have
patience.

3. You will now have to restart your computer in order
for the changes to take place.

The following information is taken from:
How to change a 169 IP Address | eHow.com

4. Once you have restarted the computer go to:
Control Panel
Network and Internet
Network and Sharing Center
Change Adapter Settings

5. Now right click on the Local Area Connection and
disable it.

6. Now unplug the power to your modem. If it has a
battery backup remove the battery.

7. Leave the modem unplugged for at least 30 seconds.

8. Plug the modem back in and allow it to reset for at
least one minute. Once all the lights on your modem
are back to their normal state the modem has reset.

9. Once the modem is reset go back to the Local Area
Connection, right click on it, and select enable. Once
the Local Area Connection has been successfully
established you should be back on the internet.

A personal note:
I have DSL and I found that I had to right click on the Broadband Connection and reconnect through the box that popped up asking for my user id and password.

I am no longer experiencing dropped connections and invalid ip address messages. The new ethernet card may have something to do with it as I believe that the original problem was caused by an incompatibility issue that developed between Windows 7 and my NVIDIA nforce card. I think that it is a software issue as my computer says that the device is working properly. I tried updating the drivers but it did not help. Could be that NVIDIA needs to catch up with Microsoft. Meanwhile I have a new Realtek ethernet card that, after performing the 2 resets described above, works just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141550-ethernet-ip-configuration-problem.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am helping a friend with there computer problems. The main problem is that they have two Maxtor 3.4 gig hard drives and it is running windows XP. Not alot of room. I found this out when I took boath hardrives out of the case. But I neglected to account for wich one was the master and wich was the slave. Could anyone help me with this problem?

Relevancy 40.42%

I own an IBM ThinkPad R with a standard INTEL Network card wireless Oh I can connect to Configuration R40 Problem. IBM ThinkPad my home network A Netgear router and when I am at the college I teach at I can access their network too The problem is everytime I IBM ThinkPad R40 Configuration Problem. want to connect I have to go into IBM ThinkPad R40 Configuration Problem. the Advanced settings for the Network card and quot Configure quot the card I think the real problem is that the quot radio button quot gets turned off everytime I power down the laptop Yep Kinda hard to connect to a server when your IBM ThinkPad R40 Configuration Problem. radio button is turned off Okay so I go in an turn the radio back on Everything is fine I can download pages like crazy The only thing is once I am done with my session and turn the power off the laptop somehow the radio button gets turned off and I have to go through the configuration process all over again I suppose I can keep doing this but It would be really nice not to Anyone have any suggestions Somebody earlier made a suggestion about a quot toggle switch quot but I don t know what they mean If anyone has an idea please let me know Darmok nbsp

A:IBM ThinkPad R40 Configuration Problem.

I'm guessing the "radio button" is a function key sequence on the keyboard? What "configuration sequence" are you referring to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-r40-configuration-problem.617683/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi The PC Chips M motherboard manual specifies the follwoing memory configuration Total system memory DIMM SIMM amp SIMM amp OR Total system memory DIMM DIMM SIMM amp PROBLEM -------- I problem! Memory configuration have x MB EDO RAM x MB EDO RAM x MB SDRAM I tried the following configuration NOT WORKING ----------- DIMM SIMM amp --- not working total system memory MB SIMM amp DIMM SIMM amp DIMM -- not working total system memory MB SIMM amp DIMM DIMM SIMM amp SIMM amp -- not working System does not boot Why are the configurations amp not working Is the manual wrong or there is some other problem WORKING -------- SIMM amp SIMM amp ---- WORKING total system memory SIMM amp SIMM amp DIMM SIMM amp DIMM -- WORKING total system memory DIMM SIMM amp DIMM DIMM DIMM --- WORKING total system memory DIMM DIMM SIMM amp --- WORKING total system memory SIMM amp SIMM amp --- WORKING total system memory SIMM amp DIMM --- WORKING total system memory DIMM DIMM --- WORKING total system memory DIMM Regards Krishna Kumar nbsp

A:Memory configuration problem!

hello and welcome,

Generally boards that support different ram types do not support using the different types of ram at the same time.

I would get rid of the EDO's and just put the 2 big sticks of SDram in the machine (128mg) should be fine if your running Win98 or ME.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-configuration-problem.138708/
Relevancy 40.42%

Memory Problem I decided to add some more memory to my MBs so I ordered the exact same module as configuration Memory problem I already have and it turned up today I installed it and swiched my pc on The first screen Memory configuration problem came up and it informed me that it had tested the memory and Memory configuration problem that it was OK and also that there was now MB of ram Then it went to the next screen which had some said about Highpoint Technologies and there it stopped I took the new module out and re-booted and everything was normal Then I put the new module in on its own and re-booted and everything was fine So now I m stuck as to what to do I know that my motherboard is capable of taking up to MB of ram so that was not the problem and it seemed that both modules were fine I had also enabled ECC in my BIOS as both modules are ECC So if anyone can help with this matter I would really appreciate it Cheers Si PS I shall be posting this message to other boards that some people might be members of so you might get sick of seeing it I apologise in advance D Pentium III MHz Windows Me MB Ram hopefully soon and GB Hard Drives Abit BX -RAID Motherboard ASUS V Geforce SB Live Value nbsp

A:Memory configuration problem

You should read this it covers your problem!

http://www.icrontic.com/index.php?page=public/articles&articleId=225

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-configuration-problem.2095/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone This is my first post on this site but I assure you - I know my way around a computer I am a Virus Removal Networking Specialist for Iowa State University and I have run into a unique problem that I nor our most skilled technicians have been able to solve I have two machines IP Configuration Problem URGENT: Client computers that have been checked in to utilize our services that cannot connect to the internet Both machines are Dell laptops running Windows XP SP One on Professional one with Media Center Edition URGENT: IP Configuration Problem Both were getting a IP Address One still is but I will detail Why the other one is still in question We Have done almost EVERYTHING to fix these machines We started with the obvious Check Hardware Switch Software Radio Button This is working We removed an IE Proxy from one of them the other needed to be Auto-detecting the settings Disabled Wireless Testing just Wired - same issue By now We started thinking more advanced We did a winsock reset on both we reset the userinit we ran a few virus scans malware scans finding nothing SFC scans failed We ran ComboFix and I have the log but it didn t really fix anything Eventually we tried using a boot disc Everything worked PERFECT in the boot disc So we know it is NOT hardware related Still nothing in Normal or Safe modes Just a minute ago I used System Restore basically I cheated and It seemed to fix one of them both wired and wireless had valid IP s Then XP restated itself For some reason The system then demanded to run a chkdsk Upon completing this It was back to being broken We tested the same thing on machine The system restore worked and it has been stable for nearly an hour I am afraid that If I return this machine to its owner that the problem may resurface Does anyone know what I am talking about or need me to elaborate my issue anymore HELP EDIT I forgot to mention we have tried re-installing URGENT: IP Configuration Problem the Ethernet Wireless drivers as well as the intel pro SET wireless managers drivers Still nothing

A:URGENT: IP Configuration Problem

I seem to have spoken too soon. Now the other machine has been restarted, and both wired and wireless are "limited or no connectivity" 0.0.0.0 IP address. Ditto for machine 1. Aaaaaargh! :D

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319213/urgent-ip-configuration-problem/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to configure Windows fax. I hit start, all programs, accessories, communications, then fax console. However, when I hit tools and "configure fax", the thing feezes up and becomes nonresponsive. Any ideas how to overcome this?

Also, if any of you thing there's a better software for receiving faxes in my computer instead of to the printer, please give me your recommendations. I know that my Windows fax system sometimes does to picki up the fax calls.

A:Problem With Windows Fax Configuration

Do you have a V92 Voice / Fax modem?
Is it connected to a phone line?
Personally, I like having the HP all in one answer incomming faxes and print them out. Before getting one of these I tried several (paid and free) fax software packages. I liked one called Communicate2000 best.
They have a newer version now
http://www.01com.com/products_v10_main.asp
It is a full communications manager meant to integrate email, fax, cellphone etc managment with your computer
http://www.01com.com/products_v10_features.asp?navid=v10

http://www.01com.com/about_us_products.asp

For PC access it is best to use one of those services which gives you a fax number and emails you the fax.(Efax?)
I can't say I ever found a free fax software I liked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-windows-fax-configuration.730796/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello masaloi

When you set the boot order in the BIOS, do you remember to
SAVE and EXIT.

A:boot configuration problem

In the boot menu there is no provision for F10 only Esc or Enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-configuration-problem-396397.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I m getting quot There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server DNS configuration quot with my wireless connection running Vista Home Premium IPv settings are set to obtain autmatically and I have tried the following in command prompt ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ip reset reset log I ve run into this problem before and usually those fix it after a reboot I have read a lot on here already and nothing is working I ve also reset the router Netgear about times too Anyway here is my specs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name XXXXX-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Solved: Problem DNS configuration with Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - F-E -C -EB- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c f d d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Solved: Problem with DNS configuration Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -CE- - - - B-D - D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet Solved: Problem with DNS configuration adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - B-D - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - D - B -B - DFB br F D Physical Address - - - - - Solved: Problem with DNS configuration - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AD A B- A - D -BDB - A br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes also what do you guys look at to determine the problem nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Everytime i turn my cpu, my monitor doesnt turn. when it does, there are two options, and when i pick one, it says that there is a problem with the pc configuration and to check the manual..when i select the second, it works but my D drive doesnt appear but my C drive... how do i fix this problem? i've reformatted, checked for viruses, and checked for cd errors just in case, and i've deleted alot of files from my d drive..i am on my d drive (c drive appears too) but sometimes i can't..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-hardware-configuration-problem.415898/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi guys and first of all i thank u for reading this I am using the fallowing configuration intel GZis intel core duo gb of ddr ram and a nvidia gs mb g-card I need help in things here i had this problem sometimes but suddenly a day my system failed to boot usually before that my system boots with a quot CMOS error quot my sytem time changes even though i replaced a new cmos battery after i push the reset buttons twice or trice after getting no display in my computer but suddenly a day whatever i try nothing worked and i was not able to boot my computer so i started to examine and when i removed my graphics card from my mobo i was able to boot my system and one more thing i noticed from my bios is that my ram which is like gb that i brought while building my computer was MHz and after that i upgrade the ram with another gb but it was clocking at a speed of MHz so while that give any problem and my computer is working fine now after removing the graphics card i have the old gb ram in the first ram slot and gb ram in the I boot configuration - with need my problem help second ram slot I need help with my configuration - boot problem my system memory shows gb but when i switch ram from their slots some times i face booting issues i am currently not using the graphics card but when i used the computer before i used a overclocking software to overclock my graphic cad and i am confused I need help with my configuration - boot problem now the confusion is was the boot issue was because of the faulty graphics card if it is i have to change my grapics card and will my pc support gt two ram clocking at different speed whether its because of any problem in my mother board guys please help me nbsp

A:I need help with my configuration - boot problem

1) was the boot issue was because of the faulty graphics card?
if it is i have to change my grapics card ..and will my pc support 9600gt?

your MB will support the 9600gt. you can use any PCIE card (as long as you have enough PSU)
2)two ram clocking at different speed?
Always best to have matching ram. a mismatch can cause problems in many different ways. but if you want to use the diff RAM modules together, try putting the slower (667) in the 'A' channel. the RAM will operate at the speed of the slowest module(s)

3)whether its because of any problem in my mother board
It could be the MB. it is much more likley that it is the Graphics card, especially since you said you were OC it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-my-configuration-boot-problem.150952/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi i am facing this issue and not able to access internet via router linksys wrt n M c is a Vista one From the router even wired connection does not work ipconfig all when connected to modem directly not via router Windows IP Configuration Host Name ashu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - - - B- C-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f bf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday December PM Lease Expires Saturday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - DNS your may with configuration be Solved: a problem there - - - Solved: there may be a problem with your DNS configuration F- A- - - - - B- C-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A D C - E - F -A -B D DC br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FDFD - FE- - C- br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c b f d da Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b f d da Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled any clue how to proceed sorry being quite basic with this please provide steps to follow thanks for helping out nbsp

A:Solved: there may be a problem with your DNS configuration

your wireless is showing a router IP - but the ethernet cable connection is more of a modem connection

what modem do you have ?

also how is the modem connected to the router - is it connected to the "internet" socket ?

do a powercycle - see below
if that does not work - post back the status of all the lights on the modem and on therouter
now
connect the pc to the modem with the cable and do another powercycle and post an ipconfig /all - does that now work on the internet ?

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-there-may-be-a-problem-with-your-dns-configuration.1080990/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi My wireless internet has stopped working When I look at my wireless network configuration zero with wireless Problem connection it says Windows cannot configure this wireless connection If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection use that softwware If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wirelss Zero Configuration WZC service When I go to services msc I find that WZC is not running but set to start automatically Problem with wireless zero configuration on startup When I try to start the service I get an error saying Could not start the Wireless Zero Configuration service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found I had the same problem last week and I was able to fix it by changing the settings on the NDIS Usermode I O Protocol I did this by going to my registry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Service Ndisuio and changing the value Problem with wireless zero configuration for Start from to However the value is currently still set at yet my wireless is broken again Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Okay so I have a modem Motorola sbv and I have a router D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G VDI- I just want to set up a wireless network On the modem all of the relevant LEDs are solid TEL LED is blinking but I believe that s because there s no cable in that slot Irrelevant Then I have the simplest configuration Problem with the modem connected to the router Its LEDs also pretend that everything s okay But I have no Internet connection My computer does have an IP address assigned But when I connect to the router I don t have a WAN IP address it s Now this router comes with a handy wizard and gives you a choice between static and dynamic IP and PPPoE when configuring also some other options I m pretty sure that I don t have a dynamic IP so that leaves two options Is there any way I can check that The owner of the router is currently away and I can t ask him What do I do now nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I have the dreaded "?" next to Multimedia Audio Controller. Maybe I have the wrong driver as I've tried to search for a few and none have worked or solved the problem. When trying to play audio files via Itunes or WM, it gives the error message "A problem with the audio configuration". Anyone know how to correct this? Here are my specs:

2.20 gigahertz AMD Mobile Athlon 64
1024 kilobyte primary memory cache Board: Gateway 65.08.00
Serial Number: V5BWM050070VPF400X
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix 65.08.00 06/28/2005

Thanks for any advance for any advise!

A:Problem with audio configuration?

So is this a Gateway laptop? Can we have the model number and serial number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-audio-configuration.96061/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Friends I have been Email configuration problem. struggling with an email configuration problem for days and have tried everything I know to try Hopefully someone has been down this road and can help me I have two late model desktops and both are Email configuration problem. running XP with lots Email configuration problem. of memory I have been on dial up for years and my network was working fine I recently switched to Wildblue satellite internet service and have been reconfiguring all my email accounts I have users on each computer my wife and kids I installed a new Linksys WRT G v router It is a wireless wired combo My email is serviced by Dreamhost via my mail address at rexbernard com Here is my dilemma Out of email Email configuration problem. accounts I have successfully configured of them They all use mail rexbernard com on the incoming and outgoing servers They all connect to the internet and work fine However on one computer I cannot seem to get my mail server to accept my user name or password It is like it is jinxed or something I have messed with this for days and have tried everything I can think of Here is some additional info My network works fine as far as both computers accessing the internet but the computers don't share files because I have not figured out my problems on that yet However if that was the problem then why would out of email accounts work fine My mail program is Thunderbird However Outlook has the same problem Which is logging on to mail rexbernard com On my problem computer I am the only administrator and it is my account that will not configure However on my other computer It works fine and I and my wife are administrators I even changed my password at dreamhost but that did not work I have tried using three different keyboards I have deleted the email account in control panel and Thunderbird a kagillion times and re-did it but no tango I have watched out for my caps lock light like a fox watches the hen house I have entered in my password one finger at a time and counted to ten between each entry I have used the default port numbers and and I have used dreamhost numbers and Still no dance My methodology has been to go to control panel and set up the email account and then hit the test button When I get all green checks I rejoice and then go set it up in Thunderbird and check it out by sending and receiving emails to somebody outside of my domain I have rebooted computers router and modem till their callouses are bleeding through their little rubber feet I have tried maybe one curse word here and there but I have yet to generously apply a full barrage of linguistical offensive effort But that may be coming soon Conceptually I have boiled it down to this My Dreamhost mail server is ultimately not happy with one out of ten user names passwords Is it that Dreamhost is pissed at this user access and not letting it in Control Panel Windows XP is somehow not clearly sending my correctly typed user name and password There is something in my XP user account that is keeping my mail setup from clearly communicating the password and user name There is a curse on this user account keyboards me or anything else I can blame it on My router or modem is laughing silently because they are messing with me just a little bitty bit but not enough for me to know they are the REAL culprit So ooo somebody pla ease tell me I am an idiot and that all I need to do is put a checkmark in a certain little thingie checkbox and everything should work fine Sorry for this wordy post but how else could I have described this mess Rex Bernard

A:Email configuration problem.

Hi there Rex, welcome to TSF...

May sound silly but have you verified that the account is still active?

It seems you have covered pretty much everything you can do you end so that leaves something at the server end as the probably cause.

Do you have a webmail feature with this account? If yes, are you able to log on to that without a problem? Can you send emails to the email address that belongs to the problem account...do any get returned at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/email-configuration-problem-111031.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Linksys Internet Router (WRT54G 2.4 Ghz Version 4.20.7) and a Linksys Game Adapter (WGA54G). I used to have no problems with playing online with my Xbox 360 with my internet adapter but now after not playing for around 2 months i go on to troubleshoot on my xbox 360 and it Tells me im connected to a Wireless Bridge but then it says it is ot connected to my Network? I tried to go on my Linksys Game adapter Config page (192.168.1.250) but the furthest i get is to type in my username and password and then no page comes up! I dont know why it is not connecting to my Wireless network.

If any more details are needed to resolve this problem please say, or email me at *******@hotmail.com.

Thanks For Any Help,
Tom Wells-Day

A:WGA54G Internet Configuration problem

I had a similar connection problem with my WGA54G game adapter. I ended up configuring a forwarding port and IP number for the game console on my wireless router. You have to setup a new network config on the game console (then reset the adapter) and let it autodetect the network.

If that fails, try assigning DNS numbers to the network from the game console.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wga54g-internet-configuration-problem.48249/
Relevancy 39.99%

I used the System Configuration Utility to try to remove some of the items that load on startup Utility Configuration System problem but things didn t work as I thought Now whenever I boot up a System Configuration Utility box comes up with this message You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Windows starts The System Configuration Utility is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time Windows starts Choose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normally System Configuration Utility problem and undo the changes you made using the System Configuration Utility Box Don t show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows start OK I checked the box for the quot Don t show this message quot then clicked OK Then I opened the System Configuration Utility and on the General tab marked the Normal Startup button clicked on Apply the closed the utility Now a box comes up to restart which I do But when Windows restarts I get the same System Configuration Utility window Anybody know how I fix this nbsp

A:System Configuration Utility problem

Once you have used Msconfig to UNselect programs that start at boot time, you will continually be now running in Selective Startup mode.
Selecting Normal will re-select all the UNselected apps.

The first time you UNselect and reboot you will get the window you mention.
Select the option "don't show again" and it should not appear on the next boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-configuration-utility-problem.729362/
Relevancy 39.99%

Greetings I m so glad found you maybe you ve seen this before When I turn on my computer it starts a normal bootup cycle then goes to a black screen with white typeface saying quot Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Configuration think!] [I Disk Computer Problem Version A Dell DM Series BIOS Version A Driver not found Parallel ATA PATA- PRI IDE Master Strike the F key to continue F to run setup utility quot Striking F gives me a look alike screen saying quot Which operating system do you want to start Windows XP Media Center Edition Computer Disk Configuration Problem [I think!] High-lighted Enter does nothing Windows XP Default quot - This takes me to a normal Windows XP Media Center boot-up cycle With the knowledge that the two front USB Ports with headphone amp mic input jacks I think it s a bad modual that I can not find are unhooked from the mother board Can someone tell me how to configure the set-up utility so I have a normal bootup sequence Daddyman nbsp

A:Computer Disk Configuration Problem [I think!]

To help you troubleshoot a problem, your computer has four diagnostic lights labeled "1," "2," "3," and "4" on the front panel. When the computer starts normally, the lights flash. If the POST portion of system boot completes successfully, all four lights display solid green. If the computer malfunctions during the POST process, the pattern displayed on the lights may help identify where in the process the computer halted.Click to expand...

I suspect that all four are green? If not, please clarify.

If I read your specs correctly, your boot drive should be a sata drive, not pata.
This may mean that your system cannot find your sata drive and so is looking for another alternative.
Have you attempted the following?

Starting the Dell Diagnostics From the Optional Drivers and Utilities CD

1. Insert the Drivers and Utilities CD.
2. Shut down and restart the computer.
When the DELL logo appears, press <F12> immediately.
If you wait too long and the Windows logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Then shut down your computer and try again.
NOTE: The next steps change the boot sequence for one time only. On the next start-up, the computer boots according to the devices specified in system setup.

3. When the boot device list appears, highlight IDE CD-ROM Device and press <Enter>.
4. Select the IDE CD-ROM Device option from the CD boot menu.
5. Select the Boot from CD-ROM option from the menu that appears.
6. Type 1 to start the ResourceCD menu.
7. Type 2 to start the Dell Diagnostics.
8. Select Run the 32 Bit Dell Diagnostics from the numbered list. If multiple versions are listed, select the version appropriate for your computer.
9. When the Dell Diagnostics Main Menu appears, select the test you want to run.
I would suggest... Express Test

If you try this, please note when you get to Step 3...
What devices are listed?
What device is at the top of the list?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-disk-configuration-problem-i-think.155803/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi my first post first I'm looking for a place appropriate for this so if this is not it please pardon me Any problem this high performance configuration Best for pointers to an online forum for HPC would be more appreciated I have a Dell Tower with gigs of ram processors a gb SST and tb hard drives in RAID I run matlab to analyze EEG brainwave data sets about gb each When I run an independent component analysis ICA all the cores are engaged and the ram is about half full taking about a day to complete That is for one subject I also do other analyses which are not multi-threaded so don't Best configuration for this high performance problem use all processors but operate on gb datasets all subjects in an experiment at once The toolbox I use is designed Best configuration for this high performance problem to pull data from the hard drive as needed for this since few machines will have RAM for gb datasets Also as any of these analyses are done equally large output files are created I have windows and Matlab installed on the SST I am thinking of reconfiguring the system with Windows and Matlab on the RAID to leave the SST free for the EEG data My thinking is that the ICA and the -subject analyses involve a lot of back and forth between the drive and the CPUs and to optimize performance here I need to move the OS and applications off of the SST At the moment it's pretty full with the OS and applications leaving not much room for the SST to be used in analyses I hope having the data on the SST will cause the SST to be the main place where data is read from and written to during the analyses Thanks much Jim Kroger NMSU

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401988-best-configuration-high-performance-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi ;

Can you help me with this problem. When I use Firefox 3.5 it displays without the usual look eventhough I have WOT/NoScript/AddBlock plus. It just appeared like it one day.

When I use Google Chrome it displays fine. Also with IE it's okay but with FF it's not.

I re-installed FF but it's still the same. When I click "disable on this page only ---AddBlock Plus Options" it appears normal. I need to be secure from unwanted adds the reason why I use Add Block Plus but it seems AddBlock Plus is blocking all images...

How can I configure AddBlock Plus efficiently?

What can I do to make it look normal?

Are there settings that I need to check?

Help!

voltronDefender

PS;

I can't seem to attach images here I can't see an "attach image" button...

A:Firefox AddBlock Plus configuration problem..

You could try deleting all your custom filters.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272839/firefox-addblock-plus-configuration-problem/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I m having troubles with my internet I can connect to the network It say s local only and there s a Domain a Name your be Server problem with configuration (DNS) There may big red X leading to the internet symbol The signal strength is excellent and my mother who also uses the There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration same wireless connection for her netbook is able to use the internet There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration whereas I can t My internet was working fine yesterday and now it s just stopped I have tried all sorts making sure all the wires are connected and everything but still no luck My laptop is an inspiron and runs on windows vista When I click on the diagnose button it comes up with the following message There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server DNS Window s failed to find the well known host quot www microsoft com There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration quot using DNS The server may be down Please help I have no clue what to do I m no expert at computers and I really need to get my coursework done Thanks in advance nbsp

A:There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration

Please try to connect by both ethernet and wireless and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-may-be-a-problem-with-your-domain-name-server-dns-configuration.958108/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I recently switched from AOL Broadband to Verizon DSL. The Verizon tech helped me through the installation and I was able to connect for a few hours but at very slow speeds. At this time, I can no longer get a DSL connection. Verizon says there is a problem now with my system configuration. They said the PC is not drawing the IP address from the router and that the network card is not functioning properly. I don't understand how it was working and just stopped. Any help is appreciated....thanks!

A:DSL Installation - System Configuration Problem

check your configuration:

Go to Start, Run, type cmd, type ipconfig /all > C:\ipconfig.txt

This will make a log of your network information. Go to C:\ and open the ipconfig.txt file. Copy and paste the entire log here.

Also if you have another computer attached to the router, check that for internet connectivity. If there is, then it could be your machine, which will be an easy fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-installation-system-configuration-problem.384725/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all I was wondering if anyone can give me any help on the following setup At the beginning - Problem Network Configuration Bizarre of this week I signed up for BT Broadband Talk Supposedly cheaper phone calls and I got from them a Voyager V Modem Router This router does not have a swith built in so I am using my old Netgear DG G as a port switch I also have a Netgear WG Wireless Access Point tied in I have managed to configure my laptop Windows XP to go on the internet through the Netgear switch which works good The Voyager is the DHCP Server and correctly gives out automatic IP addresses to my laptop The Voyager IP address is and I fixed the Netgear switch to The Netgear WAP is which it gets from the Voyager and is reserved in the DHCP Table in the Voyager Although I cannot get the wireless side to work just yet still playing I have a problem with the wired side Through the house I have a desktop computer Windows XP that is wired onto the LAN It receives an IP address Network Configuration Problem - Bizarre and it notifies me that there is an Internet Connection Mbps I can ping all the devices but I cannot access any web page It does not let me in Even if I bypass the Netgear Switch and plug straight into the Voyager It is still exactly the same I have re-booted tried fixed Ip addresses but to no avail Can anybody shed any light at all on this as I do not know if I can fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Network Configuration Problem - Bizarre

Its not something as silly as the "work offline" tick being there is it???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-configuration-problem-bizarre.51905/
Relevancy 39.99%

so I cant get it to start automatically in new locations lets say for instance I go to Panera or out of town Widows Wireless Zero Configuration doesn't start automatically i went and changed it to restart service if it fails but still it happens over and over. After I manually turn it on again :/ I go to the settings and make sure I check the box that lets Microsoft do it automatically but still to no avail i have to do it again.

I tried system restore it didnt help Im at my sisters house right now and i have to manually turn it on everytime i restart. HELP PLZ!

A:Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Problem

On each computer:

Open the Network Connections folder (accessible from Start Menu or Control Panel).

1. Right-click your Wireless connection and select Properties
2. Click on the Wireless Networks TAB
3. Make sure "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" is checked
4. Make sure your wireless network is listed in the Preferred Networks box and is (Automatic)
5. Click the Advanced Button down the bottom right
1. Select "Any available network (access point preffered)"
2. Uncheck "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks"
3. Click "Close"
6. Click "OK"

* Reboot and make sure the computers automatically connect to the wireless connection.

Open the Network Connections folder (accessible from Start Menu or Control Panel).

1. Click "Setup a home or small office Network"
2. Select "This computer connects to the Internet through a residential gateway..."
3. Give each computer a description and an unique network name
4. Set a Workgroup name (MSHOME is fine)
5. Turn on File and Printer sharing
6. Check through the settings window
7. Opt to finish the wizard without creating a disk
8. Finish

* Reboot and you should have a functional home network with sharing abilities.

Also try this

Start-->Run--> %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL NetSetup.cpl,@0,WNSW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wireless-zero-configuration-problem.108908/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello first I really appreciate any help people may be able to give me here I Server Configuration Problem Domain Name do not have wireless internet access and I get the message quot There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server DNS configuration quot when I try to diagnose the problem I am on the internet by bypassing the router and having a wired connection from the modem to the computer right now The problem started when I tried to get a second computer to work with the wireless connection so with the computer I m Domain Name Server Configuration Problem on right now wireless worked a few days ago The router is a D-Link DI- IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users pdh gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name pdh-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- - B- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday May AM Lease Expires Tuesday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Domain Name Server Configuration Problem NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Domain Name Server Configuration Problem DNS Suffix cg shawcable net Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - D- -B -AA-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cg shawcable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I have tried some things based on old topics like this one hopefully I haven t made things any worse by doing that Again any help is greatly appreciated and please let me know if I can give you any additional information nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Just Put New Hard Drive In My Dell Optiplex G400 And When I Switch On It Comes Up In Dos Screen And Says Plug And Play Configuration Error.
Can Any One Help Please

A:Plug And Play Configuration Problem

Check the jumper on the HD and make sure it's set to master disk, and check your cables to make sure they are in the correct position. Check the pins to make certain nothing was bent in the reinstall. Jazz
Does HD require a driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-and-play-configuration-problem.691600/
Relevancy 39.99%

My Firefox window is showing ALL of the toolbars (7) and taking up half of the page.
I have gone to the customize page and unchecked all of the toolbars but when I reload Firefox, it shows up with all the toolbars again.
I have deleted Firefox, rebooted my computer and re-installed it, but it still keeps showing all of the toolbars.

How do I get a clean install of Firefox without all of the toolbars loaded?

THanks in advance for your help

A:Problem with Firefox toolbar configuration

before you reinstall firefox after you delete it. you need to search for program files.

hit start>search>all files and folders.

type in firefox. scroll down and check the block 'search hidden files and folders. delete all instances of firefox. when complete, go back and search for mozilla. delete all those entries also.

reinstall firefox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-firefox-toolbar-configuration.489384/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone Long time lurker first time poster I came to you because what Im experiencing using my current installation of Windows XP is completely out of my league and / setup detecting Problem OS configuration Id really appreciate your help on this once since its something thats been bothering me Problem detecting OS setup / configuration for a year Windows XP s in finnish bit home versions are really hard to come by so Im planning on running this one until its unbootable On the same computer Ive installed Windows XP bit professional English to bypass some of these problems but I feel like they are getting worse I only recently realized what the problem MIGHT be At first I experienced problems running games black screens and so on and deducted that the problem was with my graphics card drivers I had been fiddling around with them earlier but was unable to install ANY of the drivers including older versions or even trying to run it straight of the install discs At some point I tried to update my XP but it starts hanging on the quot Detecting OS quot -part before showing updates that would be relevant to me I thought this problem was completely unrelated and tried to search for an answer but never found one After this I started having problems installing anything At some point I thought it was a problem with windows installer and used the lovely quot Dial a Solution quot to fix it It appears theres nothing wrong with that either I went through the stage of thinking its a problem with msi s since some programs DID install but I came up with nothing Im unable to install any drivers msi or exe There seems to be no pattern to this and for a very long time I thought the problems with games drivers and updating were all completely separate issues and just thought that they were quot natural quot problems that came up as my OS got older and older Today however I was trying to install a lot more stuff than I usually would And I noticed that they all started hanging on the part where they detected my setup SKIP TO THE ACTUAL PROBLEM Windows update would hang when it looked up my OS so did the graphics card drivers and everything else they all froze in the same place And installers that didnt look up my setup to begin with installed fine with no problems Its ridiculous to switch to the other OS when I need to use a program I havent installed on this one Its ridiculous that I cant update anymore I finally understand what the problem is but can anyone come up with a solution

A:Problem detecting OS setup / configuration

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-detecting-os-setup-configuration-545186.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I really don t know what to do I Domain a configuration There be Name your with Server problem may spent There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server configuration hours and hours yesterday night backing up my desktop computer to an external hard drive in order to do a system recovery because I was There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server configuration having problems with not being able to do a system restore and one of my friends who works for geek squad at best buy suggested I do this Well after doing everything I restored from the backup on my external hard drive but then my internet connection was no longer working but it was working perfectly fine before any of this What I mean to say is that when I go to the network and sharing center it would show that my computer is connected to my network but there s a lovely little red X between network and internet At first I tried reconfiguring my router and that didn t work so I ended up pressing the little reset button on the back of my router and reconfiguring it and that solved it for the time Well almost hours later I ve run into the same problem and I ve tried running a diagnose and repair on it but I keep getting the same message of quot There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server DNS configuration Windows failed to find the well known host quot www microsoft com quot using DNS The server may be down quot I ve tried going into command prompt and using ipconfig renew that did nothing I ve tried resetting the LAN adapter that did nothing Also I tried to reset the IP address and yes sports fans you guessed it that did nothing as well I even went on to the router web page and tried to find something on there to help me out but couldn t find anything or just don t know what I should be looking for I m really at my wits end with this and if anyone can help me out with a permanent fix not just resetting the router again I d really appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-may-be-a-problem-with-your-domain-name-server-configuration.859649/
Relevancy 39.99%

My wife has just bought a new HP laptop with Vista SP so I m learning the hard way how to set it up for her I have a problem with the WiFi configuration My router wireless is set NOT to broadcast its SSID and has WPA encryption set with a long ish PSK string The laptop sees the unidentified wireless access point and I can enter the SSID and PSK string manually and connect configuration VISTA problem in WiFi SP1 to it OK - but obviously this has to be done every time I login Following the WiFi configuration problem in VISTA SP1 info in Vista Help I have used the manually configure a wireless connection WiFi configuration problem in VISTA SP1 option to create an entry for my SSID - let s call it HOME This is set to connect automatically This connects OK when first created and I can disconnect reconnect within that login session but whenever the laptop is re-booted the details seem to be lost When I log back in I can find no entry for HOME Attempting to connect to the wireless access point requires me to enter all the details again However if I try to create HOME again manually Vista then says that I have a HOME already and creates a HOME instead Once I finally connect then suddenly the details for both HOME and HOME appear on the list So why does Vista not connect to HOME automatically if it apparently knows about it Am I missing something along the way Any advice welcome please nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I m on the verge of just buying an entirely new router this problem has been going on for about months I honestly think ive been through about forum topics about this with no clear fix for me Modem Motorola Netopia - Router Linksys WRT N Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hshld com Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF-D -F -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- (DNS) be Name There Server your with problem a Domain Configuration? may Network Connecti on Physical There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) Configuration? Address - - B- F-FE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) Configuration? a f bd b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday September PM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FE- - - - - B- F-FE- DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F F - - D-B - AB br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hshld com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server (DNS) Configuration?

i would try google open dns servers and see if that helps

when do you get the error - whats the status of the modem/router lights

can we also see ping tests when its working and again when disconnects

Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-may-be-a-problem-with-your-domain-name-server-dns-configuration.1019846/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone I came to you because what Im experiencing using my current installation of Windows XP is completely out of my league and Id really appreciate your help on this once since its something thats been bothering me for a year Windows XP s in finnish bit home versions are really hard to come by so Im planning on running this one until its unbootable On the same computer Ive installed Windows XP bit professional English to bypass some of these problems but I feel like they are getting worse I only recently realized what the problem MIGHT be At first I experienced problems running games black screens and so on configuration setup OS Problem detecting / and deducted that the problem was with my graphics card drivers I had been fiddling around with them earlier but was unable to install ANY of the drivers including older versions or even trying to run it straight of the install discs At some point I tried Problem detecting OS setup / configuration to update my XP but it starts hanging on the quot Detecting OS quot -part before showing updates that would be relevant Problem detecting OS setup / configuration to me I thought this problem was completely unrelated and tried to search for an answer but never found one After this I started having problems installing anything At some point I thought it was a problem with windows installer and used the lovely quot Dial a Solution quot to fix it It appears theres nothing wrong with that either I went through the stage of thinking its a problem with msi s since some programs DID install but I came up with nothing Im unable to install any drivers msi Problem detecting OS setup / configuration or exe There seems to be no pattern to this and for a very long time I thought the problems with games drivers and updating were all completely separate issues and just thought that they were quot natural quot problems that came up as my OS got older and older Today however I was trying to install a lot more stuff than I usually would And I noticed that they all started hanging on the part where they detected my setup SKIP TO THE ACTUAL PROBLEM Windows update would hang when it looked up my OS so did the graphics card drivers and everything else they all froze in the same place And installers that didnt look up my setup to begin with installed fine with no problems Its ridiculous to switch to the other OS when I need to use a program I havent installed on this one Its ridiculous that I cant update anymore I finally understand what the problem is but can anyone come up with a solution Ive tried asking everyone but no one seems to have an answer for me not even suggestions where I should start I know its very hard considering that there is no obvious solution but just trying to help would make a certain geek girl very happy Even though its probably not hardware -related here are my specs Videocard Ati Radeon HD CPU Phenom x Motherboard MSI K A CFRAM GbPower Nexus NX W

A:Problem detecting OS setup / configuration

Hi Kuroko, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Have you run any security scans on this computer?

Have you run any applications like chkdsk /r to see if there are any problems?

Do you have SP3 installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376950/problem-detecting-os-setup-configuration/
Relevancy 39.99%

So if you read my post from about a week ago I figured out how to have the hard drive boot first but I'm getting an error I can't fix. I've tried reinstalling windows numerous times.
This is the error message I get

Code:
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.
I'm using a GA-K8N ultra sli motherboard with a maxtor sata, 200 gigs. I tried installing a raid driver too.
I've also tried everything from this list http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477 , even all the things combined.
They didn't do anything so can anyone help me?

Relevancy 39.99%

I cannot close the system configuration utility after opening it. I opened it up to disable a program and now I cannot close it. I have to use task manager to close it.

A:System configuration utility problem

System Configuration Utility would run at startup. This can be resolved by putting a check mark on the checkbox on the first screen that comes up saying System Configuration Utiity has been modified.

The Check Box would say "Do not show msconfig at startup"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-configuration-utility-problem.294800/
Relevancy 39.99%

I m having a problem It started when I downloaded Windows Disk hardware configuration problem xp Home onto a laptop IBM Disk hardware configuration problem ThinkPad Well I didnt realize at the time that I misplaced the product key and when I got to that point in the downlkoad I could go no further I found another windows xp version Student and Teacher that I did have a key for but I couldnt stop the previous windows installation from restarting EVERY time it rebooted It had windows xp professional on it when I began but it was not working properly hence the download It is a used laptop and I dont have access to that original disk So I went searching on the web to find out how to stop it Well I am not too savy with the inner workings of a computer and took to trying anything to stop it since nothing I was trying was working The last thing I tried was changing the boot ini file and that has only made things worse Now I am only getting the error message quot Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem quot I m sure you know the rest So it will reboot whenever I hit any button I get the IBM screen with the F amp F options then back to the error screen NOTHING ELSE I ve gone into BIOS and and tried every boot option and none have worked I m completly lost at this point I cant get a command prompt or any kind of access to the boot ini file to change it back Any help would be greatly appreciated Ladylaffsalot nbsp

A:Disk hardware configuration problem

It is a used laptop and I dont have access to that original disk.Click to expand...

I found another windows xp version(Student and Teacher) that I did have a key for,Click to expand...

You'll have to get into the BIOS, change the startup drive to CD/DVD, and boot from your Student/Teacher CD. Once you boot from the CD, you may (slight chance) be able to use the recovery console, but you're better off at this point to do a fresh install. You'll jusst have to go through the hassle of knowing which drivers you need (unless you know all the computer specs):slurp:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-hardware-configuration-problem.132379/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a multi-computer home network... the router and modem are functioning properly, by my laptop refuses to connect when started up, but after going into the properties box for the wireless connection and checking the box "use windows to configure my wireless network settings" then the network is found and all is well. But every time I turn off and restart the computer it will not find the network until I go back into properties and check that box again. The check box refuses to stay checked. Is there a way to keep this box checked?

A:Windows Wireless Configuration Problem!

Go start in run type "services.msc" without quotes.
Scroll down to Wireless Zero
Double click that entry
What is start up type
If NOT automatic select by arrow to right and then Apply and OK as required.
Restart computer Now go to Network connections and enable Windows to configure.
Apply and OK
Now restart
How is it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wireless-configuration-problem.976752/
Relevancy 39.99%

Recently I had been having problems with trojans of some sort slowing down my internet connection from mbit to under mbit by doing some sort of additional check on all packets that arrived I m still not quite sure of what caused this I scanned using different virus adware scanners temporarily fixing it but then the problems reappeared the next day with no viruses found this time but I seem to have gotten myself into deeper I decided to use the netsh reset-command to reset my TCP IP settings I figured it had to do Problem concerning TCP/IP WinXP SP1: configuration, Winsock2 also with my registry being messed up only to find that even after setting up my IP-address Gateway DNS-server to their old values connecting to the internet is impossible not just slowed WinXP SP1: Problem concerning TCP/IP configuration, also Winsock2 down like it was before now it doesn t WinXP SP1: Problem concerning TCP/IP configuration, also Winsock2 work at all I can ping my router successfully though for some reason I can t access the configuration screen for it by typing in its address into IE Of course I can t ping any outside addresses Pinging other WinXP SP1: Problem concerning TCP/IP configuration, also Winsock2 computers within the network isn t an option since this is the only computer in the network I also tried using a Winsock fix for Windows XP but this didn t fix anything Oh and I don t have any system restore points to work with since I disabled that feature while I was scanning for viruses a few days back It was stupid not to back-up my registry before executing netsh I know but I was simply so annoyed at my slowed-down connection at the time I do have a log of what registry keys were changed though Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:WinXP SP1: Problem concerning TCP/IP configuration, also Winsock2

Oh, and my router is from SMC, and my DSL-modem is from Alcatel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-sp1-problem-concerning-tcp-ip-configuration-also-winsock2.368461/
Relevancy 39.99%

My sister has a notebook from Dell. She has been trying to reformat her drive, but it will not except taking her CD that came from Dell for reinstalling software.

She is running Windows XP, and she continues to get an error as follows:

"Windows cannot start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" also says "Could not read from the boot disk check boot path and disk hardware.

If there is anyone out there that has experienced this problem before, can you please write and let me know how to handle it for her? Would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

A:Disk Hardware Configuration Problem....

Is it set to boot from that device first ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-hardware-configuration-problem.166516/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there I recently installed a COLOR blue important COLOR blue important SATA COLOR blue important drive COLOR COLOR COLOR via adapter onto my IDE-only ASROCK Motherboard I did a clean install with WinXP The adapter has a place with a jumper that can be set to master slave and cable After doing some research it was recommended to put it on master Anyways to make a long story short My Pc worked with it perfectly and I installed XP via CD without a problem Now everything was great until I added my Slave COLOR blue important COLOR blue important IDE COLOR blue important drive COLOR COLOR COLOR Once windows is booted it does not show anywhere I could look for It is detected in BIOS and in Device SATA-HD IDE-HD problem IDE Port and on configuration same with Manager configuration problem with SATA-HD and IDE-HD on same IDE Port it says that it is working properly BUT NO SHOW anywhere not in disk management either I have two IDE ports my cd dvd is on one and the sata and IDE drive are on the other Where is my error I have not connected to the internet yet Should I maybe disconnect my IDE drive and get all my updates and then reconnect it Or is it recommended to maybe put my Sata on one of the IDE ports but remove that COLOR blue important COLOR blue important jumper COLOR COLOR from the adapter and put the cd dvd drive together with my ide drive on the other port and make one of them master and the other slave Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello everyone nbsp I recently formated my X Carbon and since then I have a problem with the with key... problem the Configuration Canadian French keyboard Configuration problem with the French Canadian key... I have a french canadian keyboard and it used to work just fine but now some keys on it don't produce the desired characters The language chosen for the keyboard is French Canada it's not the the multilingual canada keyboard Therefore I don't know where else the Configuration problem with the French Canadian key... problem can come from Did this happen to any of you I tried to search on the forum but couldn't find anything like that I guess this kind of problem can happen with an english keyboard For example on my keyboard the slash is above the and it used to write a slash when I pressed Maj but now instead I get when I do that nbsp I tried to delete every other keyboard than CA FR installed but the problem stays the same nbsp I hope someone can help me with this it's been a month now and it can be really annoying sometimes I often write in german too and I still havent found a way to write the umlaut two dots above a letter with this weirdly configurated keyboard nbsp Thank you very much

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Configuration-problem-with-the-French-Canadian-keyboard-CA-FR/td-p/3417229
Relevancy 39.99%

Windows cannot start my DVD/CD drive hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3693 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 288644 MB, Free - 241286 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, TKBSB
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:DVD drive registry configuration problem

Try running this Microsoft Fixit to see if it corrects the problem http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-registry-configuration-problem.1074800/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm trying to load windows XP on an old dell before giving it to a friend. I first completely erased the disk and then formatted it. Then when I'm installing the OS I get a black screen message saying that the computer is not configured right. I looked at set up and everything looks right to me. Boot order etc. I guess i don't understand something. any ideas?

Thank you

A:cannot load windows configuration problem

Is this a retail version of Win XP or is it an OEM Version that came along with a Computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-load-windows-configuration-problem.1010258/
Relevancy 39.99%

On startup my computer brought up the Windows 98 start up in command prompt, not XP. It also says that there is a registry/configuration problem and that several files are currupt or missing. If anyone knows how to help me restore XP and retrieve the information on my hard drive I would be greatly indebted.

Kevin

Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Acer with a 166mhz processor, 1.51gb hd, and 48mb ram........

yesterday i was trying to make room for a Zip 100 drive and relocated my hard drive to a different location in the pc. when everything was done i made sure that i had the ribbon cable attached just as it was when it was in the other slot. the computer will not reboot in normal mode. it states that there is an equipment configuration problem and will boot up after hitting the f1 key, but it has now disabled my floppy drive and doesn't register the Zip 100 drive. after removing the Zip 100 drive it still does the same thing. i go into setup from the dos screen, and everything seems to be in order. still the same thing, then i reset the default values and still to no avail. PLEASE HELP!

thx in advance for any help given.

A:[SOLVED] Equipment Configuration Problem

Does it boot into windows?

Does the light on the floppy drive come on, then go off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-equipment-configuration-problem.67529/
Relevancy 39.99%

i'm having problems starting up my windows vista.. when i turn my laptop on there's a screen that comes up showing
"configuration updates: stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete" and after a couple of seconds my computer shuts down, restarts and does the process all over continuously with no option of cancelling this process....
can someone please help

Thank You

A:Windows update configuration problem

Do you know what update your computer is trying to install?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/178565-windows-update-configuration-problem.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I recently received a notice that stated something to the effect of an update is available for iTunes. Against my better judgement, I installed the update. Now I think there is something wrong with my computer. When I try to open iTunes, I get a message stating "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly." Also, none of my other audio is working properly. Windwos media player is doing the same thing. My email client is just giving a ding sound instead of the normal mail sounds. Im not sure what to do about this and I have already done symantec scans, adaware scans, spybot scan, etc. Please help.

Rob

A:Solved: Problem with audio configuration-possible trojan

Have you tryed doing a simple system restore as this will undo the update??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-audio-configuration-possible-trojan.547773/
Relevancy 39.56%

here's what happened i have windows and vista on my SATA hd running perfectly until i re-installed xp sp on my spare IDE hd problem is when problem disk help! configuration computer hardware i boot my computer it always runs on xp even if i change the boot sequence or try to manually boot the SATA from the boot menu it always boots the IDE hd i tried to disconnect the IDE drive hoping that this would leave the computer to boot the SATA hd instead i get this message on the screen quot Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from the selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please check the documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information quot below is a help! computer disk hardware configuration problem screenshot of my disk management taken from xp help! computer disk hardware configuration problem you can see in the image that the xp drive is the boot drive is there any procedure or steps i can do to be able to boot my SATA hd can anyone help please thanks in advance

A:help! computer disk hardware configuration problem

Hello.

You will have to run 3 separate startup repairs as outlined in this tutorial at the link below to Windows 7 to recreate the boot files back to the Windows 7 partition and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164675-help-computer-disk-hardware-configuration-problem.html
Relevancy 39.56%

This problem has been frustrating me for several days now and i'm in need of some help I'm attempting to dual boot Windows x with the Vistax i currently have installed on my Acer Aspire I have created a new simple volume partition of GB on my drive and have attempted to do a clean install on this drive using the Windows iso DVD I Boot Configuration - Preventing Problem Install HELP made The files are all extracted updates are installed and everything runs smoothly until after the system has restarted during the installation launching Windows where it attempts to quot finalize quot or quot complete quot installation The progress bar gradually makes its way towards completion when all of a sudden it tells me that quot Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration Installation cannot proceed quot I have read many forums offering advice on this error with no success for my problem I have attempted the registry fix with PartMgr which didn't need to be fixed in the first place and have also attempted installation Boot Configuration Problem Preventing Install - HELP with Norton Antivirus uninstalled Each with no success If anyone has any advice on how I can get this dual boot to work it would be much appreciated BC

A:Boot Configuration Problem Preventing Install - HELP

This is a guess but I just did a fresh install today and after updating two drivers and installing Live Mail and Avast, I had used 17.2GB. I know the min. requirements but I would try a 25-30GB partition and see if that works. That's the easiest thing I can think may work. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8555-boot-configuration-problem-preventing-install-help.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I hope that I am on the right forum.

I have Windows 7, 64 bit  computer with Word 2007 installed.  I installed and reinstalled it but when I click on the shortcut it says the following:

Configuration progress  -- configuring Microsoft office Enterprise 2007.  I have to wait until that is done before I can use Word. 

I clicked word 2007, properties, select compatibility and ticked box "compatibility mode", select windows 7 in drop down window.  Also made a new desktop shortcut thinking that the other one was corrupt.

I googled my problem and can't seem to find anything that will fix the problem.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks

bertiemae

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528492/microsoft-office-2007-configuration-problem/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi!!
My wife's laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525) with Mobile Intel 965 Express chipset family, have a problem to configure the correct resolution for LCD TV (Samsung LN32R81BX/XBG) with 1366x768 resolution.
The laptop have installed a Windows 7 x64 Professional.

When the LCD TV is connected with HDMI port is not possible to configure the 1366x768 resolution only can configure 4:3 resolution.
I have update all drivers but for LCD TV does not exist driver. I am looking for a manual resolution configuration. In Windows XP and earlier that configuration was possible but in Windows 7 I do not found it.exist? or another solution?
Thanks in advance!

El Rengo

A:Resolution configuration problem with HDMI port

Welcome to SF.

See if this helps ...

Graphics &mdash; Unable to use the native resolution

Oh, and also go to this site for driver update:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/213221-resolution-configuration-problem-hdmi-port.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have 2 wired pc, and a laptop. The PCs are Acer3100+, 1.8ghz, 1G ram, connected via ethernet to a wildblue modem. I have just installed a Belkin wireless router, model F5D 6231-4, that I bought on ebay. Both pcs will go online, a little slower than before, but my big concern is that when I run a cmd, ipconfig/all, my IP address dosen't match what they say. Belkin says it should be 192.168.1, and I get 70.41.xx.xxx, in this range. They said to configure router, but when I enter that page address, I get the notice of a network error. I don't know enough about this to know if this is a security issue or not! If I manually enter the numbers that Belkin should be , I get the correct address in an ipconfig, but I cannot get to the page, or get online. What have I done wrong!!!!

A:Can't reach Belkin configuration page..is this a problem???

the Belkin default address is 192.168.2.1

you're apparently wired like
modem---(wan)belkin-router(LAN)---yourPCs

the WAN side address will be set by your ISP, not belkin and might well be
70.41.xx.xxx, but none of your PCs will see this using IPCONFIG /ALL --
they will see the LAN side addresses. IPCONFIG will show the DHCP address
given to that specific machine. the LAN side address of the belkin should be
the default above, and thus your PC addresses will default to something like
192.168.2.x.

use one PC to access the router config using your browser http://192.168.2.1/
IF NECESSARY, you can change the default router address and the range of IP
addresses that will be assigned to your PCs.

you should absolutely change the admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-reach-belkin-configuration-page-is-this-a-problem.58475/
Relevancy 39.56%

I ordered the Precision laptop with the nbsp Intel reg Core trade Xeon E - M v When I was configuring this laptop it says that ECC memory is required and choosing a non-ECC memory makes a message pop up saying the selected memory is incompatible with the processor For saving money I ordered this laptop with GB of ECC memory GB X 3510 Dell configuration problem RAM Precision - as configured from Dell Then I ordered this RAM kit from Crucial to upgrade the laptop nbsp Installing both Crucial memory sticks replacing the OEM gb sticks results in the computer booting up with amber blinking pattern indicating invalid memory installed See page of the owner s manual nbsp However booting with just one stick of GB memory does not result in any problems and the system RAM configuration problem - Dell Precision 3510 is able to post and load into the OS which recognizes GB installed I am aware that the Crucial memory I purchased is Mhz and the configurations from Dell for this laptop only list Mhz RAM This does not seem to be an issue though considering the laptop is able to boot up with GB of Mhz ECC just fine Furthermore this system is capable of handling GB according to the owner s manual and memory configuration options from Dell s ordering site nbsp Please advise on how to allow this machine to boot with two sticks of GB Mhz ECC If this is not possible would this memory kit be compatible with this machine with the selected processor mentioned above It is Mhz but non-ECC nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988869
Relevancy 39.56%

Please help me, im so clueless about computers. My laptop wont start up properly. It gives me 2 options- start normally or launch start up repair. When i select launch start up repair it eventually says unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem. If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. Thanks

A:unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem

Try going to safe mode, press f8 repeatedly during start up. If you can get to safe mode, try a system restore. You may also try starting in safe mode.

Safe Mode

http://www.windows-help-central.com/...safe-mode.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271950-unspecified-changes-system-configuration-might-have-caused-problem.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Current Setup I have a Windows Ultimate laptop Recently I was working for a client - where the only way to get Net access was to set up a second corporate domain that fitted their corporate policies and a user profile for use when at work To enable it their corp IT changed my computer name to fit their naming convention and set me up with two domains and users I log in to these profiles as corporatedomain corp user when at work and as machine name my original user id Removing corporate profile and possibly Windows configuration problem... virus 7 Solved: and returning to my original machine name My assignment is done and I want my machine back Solved: Windows 7 configuration and virus problem... from the messed up configuration and policies How do I delete the corporate domain profile and the user they created Ideally though less importantly I d want Solved: Windows 7 configuration and virus problem... to change my machine name back to the original name as well Possible Virus Infection I think I might have a virus infection on the machine They had cornficker B worm on their network and it is possible my machine got infected Windows Solved: Windows 7 configuration and virus problem... defender detects it but then does not seem to find it when it tries to clean This is causing my system to not shutdown properly Since my suspicion is that it might be associated with their profile - I want to first drop the corporate domain profile and policies before tacking it - unless someone has a better advice Sorry if I am asking too complicated long question but I desperately need help on how to proceed nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 configuration and virus problem...

I searched the web to find how to delete the profile, user and change computer name, and went ahead with it - after backing up the data. The steps were: Computer -> Advanced system settings -> User Profiles -> Select profile and click delete. With that, the first question I asked was resolved.

I am running some tests on the virus infection issue, and will open a new thread if needed in the right forum. Am closing this thread as a result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-configuration-and-virus-problem.966469/
Relevancy 39.56%

Yesterday Itunes worked, but no more, nothing. I have absolutely no sound except a static that comes through the speakers unless I turn them off. I have no idea what I may have done, which I don't think was anything but run antivirus, spyware stuff, etc like ccleaner, spybot sd, and stuff. I need help really really bad as I think that this might just be the tip of a horrible iceberg that will eventually end in total system failure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

I posted this question before, sorry, but I realized that it was horribly worded and that might have been why I have gotten no advice.

A:[SOLVED] I need help fixing a problem with my audio configuration

hi, are you sure that the sound was not accidentally muted. go to control panel, choose sound speech and audio, choose your sound device, go to the volume section and make sure it is not muted. then go to the audio tab at the top and make sure there is a sound device active.

also you can try a system restore. go to start, all program, accessories, system tools, system restore. and restore pc to a date it was working and waite for setup to finish.
also you can try another speaker to check if sound is comming. the last option would be is to reinstall the drivers again or purchase a new sound card which is fairly cheap.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-i-need-help-fixing-a-problem-with-my-audio-configuration-248518.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am finally surrendering to I'm sure the superior knowledge of someone here with my problem First a little background I have Win Ultimate and want to use it as a webserver I have already got IIS with ASP ASP problem Server/User Telnet configuration NET PHP Telnet Server/User configuration problem MySQL and Telnet Server set up and working I'm confident using all of these except the telnet server Unfortunately I am not able to login using the 'standard' windows telnet client Here's what I get Code Microsoft Telnet gt open localhost Connecting To localhost You are about to send your password information to a remote computer in Internet zone This might not be safe Do you want to send anyway y n y Access Denied Specified user is not a member of TelnetClients group Server administrator must add this user to the above group Telnet Server has closed the connection Connection to host lost Press any key to continue I notice it is unusually not asking for a username or password Is it automagically using my windows username password I therefore tried PuTTY in telnet mode and the following happened Code Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Service login MyUsername password The handle is invalid Login Failed obviously username hidden for security reasons I used my windows login username password Is this the wrong one and if so where can I edit a telnet user list So I have a few questions Why doesn't my telnet client ask for a username and password Why doesn't my windows username password work when using PuTTY I actually am unable to find any way to configure any aspect of the telnet server apart from starting and stopping the service Is there a telnet server configuration client I'm missing How do I add users with telnet access both adding a physical user and giving telnet permissions When I've logged into remote computers I'm automatically in my 'home folder' How is this done Sorry if these seem like noob questions but I have scoured the internet for the answers as I always do but to no avail Thanks in advance for any help that can be given

A:Telnet Server/User configuration problem

It looks like you need too create a local group called TelnetClients group and then add the appropiate users or groups to that group.

Error Message: Access Denied - Specified user is not a member of the TelnetClients group

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59487-telnet-server-user-configuration-problem.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ok before I get flamed I work for AOL Tech Support Yes yes I know I know I don t enjoy it Configuration Utility Strange in problem System but it pays the bills Strange problem in System Configuration Utility Ok so I get calls of all kinds here ranging fromt he stupid to the just plain weird and I came across calls abck to back who had the same problem in the System Configuration utility and was wondering if anyone on ehre knew what it might mean cause I was at a loss Just to give a little background on both computers I was teching over the phone both had Windows XP one had SP and the other had SP The First Call It was a Dell Computer with Windows XP SP He had previously had AOL Optimized installed on his computer and then uninstalled and reinstalled AOL VR Vista Ready He was complaining of experiencing some slowness and AOL freezing So I checked his processess and they were or which is a good number for XP so then I proceeded to do the normal AOL fixes which fixed the AOL s slowness and freezing So I thoguht I should try one more thing so I did a MSCONFIG just to see his system configuration utility and to my surprise he was in selective startup and instead of there being a check mark in Load Startup Items there was a green box and all the checkmark boxes were green Everytime we clicked on Load Startup items the green box would disappear and the text would gray out The Second Call It was a Compaq Presario with Windows XP SP Experiencing same problems as above AOL slow and freezing Checked processes and it was So we first opened MSCONFIG and the system configuration utility looked the same as I described above So I skipped that and did the AOL fixes and AOL was fine So what exactly is going on with these people s system configuration utlity This isn t the first time I came across this in Windows XP I had an old call with this same problem in Windows XP but don t remember which service pack it was So my only guess is spyware or a virus nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Ok so I ve been beating my head over this one And not only have I been beating my head but I ve wasted several hours on it too The company that I work for purchased a few wireless units from Newegg The model they chose was the TrendNET TEW- GR model you can find the user guide here So here is what we are trying to do Configuration IP TrendNET Solved: Problem Wireless and what is keeping us from doing it These units work great if you just want to plug it in and connect to the internet We plug a network cable from our master switch into the WAN port and then wireless works fine or plugging into the LAN ports on the back works fine However it assigns the default - range to anything that connects to them Our company uses the to range So while the internet works other network functions do not like opening a connection to our AS Solved: TrendNET Wireless IP Configuration Problem or RDC I cannot for the life of me get this to work the way we want If I tell the wireless unit to use the DHCP range of to it reboots and we cannot get back into the device to manage it and it will not allow anything connected to it to access the network or the internet at all This even though it assigns the IP to said devices just fine It just will not work the way it should Perhaps I am missing something If you guys can help me out I would appreciate it so much Please let me know if you need further information Thank you for looking at this message Matt Hall nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

For a few weeks now, when I boot up I get the Configuration Recovery menu calling on me to select one of two profiles. I do that, selecting the first one which I guess you would call my default.

But what do I do to boot up into Windows and bypass that Configuration Recovery menu?

Thanks,grandpaw

Windows XP Home

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I have two servers Windows Server each of them have the same - Internet Configuration - problem Explorer 11 Javascript webapp installed on them On some part of webpage there are some buttons that onClick do show or Internet Explorer 11 - Configuration - Javascript problem hide content nbsp Both these servers have the same IE version nbsp The problem is when i access the A webapp from the A server through IE these buttons do not Internet Explorer 11 - Configuration - Javascript problem work and no javascript errors appear in the console When i access the B webapp from the B server everything works fine When i access the A webapp from the B server again everything works fine So the conclusion was that the IE of A server had some misconfigurations I have checked the settings of both IE and set them the same but the problem still exist Also note that on any other browsers i have tried everything works fine too If anyone has any suggestions as to what might be the problem i would really appreciate it Thank you in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b4a2f3ee-0d36-482c-a2a2-8daf4e7cd04a/internet-explorer-11-configuration-javascript-problem?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 39.56%

This is a bit 8 disk Problem installation with after configuration Windows complicated Prior to installing Windows my computer went through the following quot Evolutionary steps quot New motherboard fitted Windows XP installed baseline full install Windows upgrade installed on a new disk drive which then became drive C - I created a dual boot system it was also possible to boot Windows XP from what then became drive D Installed Windows upgrade onto drive C also created a bootable USB dive with Windows upgrade on it After installation deleted the Windows Old Windows because was running out of disk space Deleted all files off the Windows XP Drive C In terms of Problem with disk configuration after Windows 8 installation hardware ID's the Windows drive C is hardware ID The Windows XP Problem with disk configuration after Windows 8 installation disk drive D is hardware ID Now I am trying to quot reclaim quot the old Windows XP drive Problem with disk configuration after Windows 8 installation and reformat it for general use I don't want to use it as a system disk The system will not let me Here is the status from DISKPART DISKPART gt select disk Disk is now the selected disk DISKPART gt detail disk WDC WD AAVS- G B ATA Device Disk ID D D Type ATA Status Online Path Target LUN ID Location Path PCIROOT PCI F ATA C T L Current Read-only State No Read-only No Boot Disk Yes Pagefile Disk Yes Hibernation File Disk No Crashdump Disk Yes Clustered Disk No Volume Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume C Windows NTFS Partition GB Healthy Boot DISKPART gt select disk Disk is now the selected disk DISKPART gt detail disk WDC WD AAVS- G B ATA Device Disk ID EC EC Type ATA Status Online Path Target LUN ID Location Path PCIROOT PCI F ATA C T L Current Read-only State No Read-only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crashdump Disk No Clustered Disk No Volume Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume D Windows XP NTFS Partition GB Healthy System DISKPART gt select partition Partition is now the selected partition DISKPART gt inactive DiskPart marked the current partition as inactive DISKPART gt clean Virtual Disk Service error Clean is not allowed on the disk containing the current boot system pagefile crashdump or hibernation volume DISKPART gt I can confirm that my computer believes that Drive D is a system disk and that Drive C is not Now at this point I am lost and would be really grateful for help on what to do next in order to reclaim my disk D and use it as a non-system-disk I guess I need to turn the Windows disk into a system disk first Or maybe I should re-install Windows in some way only problem being that I deleted my earlier installation of Windows XP amp Windows

A:Problem with disk configuration after Windows 8 installation

It is probably the system volume.

To save running commands, mark your win8 partition active and run startup repair from win8 boot media.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11158-problem-disk-configuration-after-windows-8-installation.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just installed a new ASUS P S D-X motherboard and I am experiencing some problems with the memory which are affecting boot ability of the machine I have two MB MHz DDR Ram chips and one GB MHz chip installed All chips are PC The motherboard has memory Problem Configuration P4S800D-X Memory ASUS slots and they are color coded two ASUS P4S800D-X Memory Configuration Problem blue and two black I have installed the two MB chips onto the two blue slots and the GB chips onto one of the black slots as you are supposed to When the machine boots I get the boot error beep and can t get all the way through the BIOS boot If I shut down and reboot or press the restart button a few times I can eventually get a boot that gets as far as a BIOS error message that says quot Overclocking failed Please enter setup to reconfigure your system CPU Fan Error Press F to Run Setup Press F to load default values and continue quot I normally proceed by pressing F because I don t want to erase all my BIOS settings Then I click the quot Exit and Discard Changes quot option from the BIOS menu and exit out of the BIOS Then the machine will complete the boot through the BIOS and into Windows XP and all GB of RAM runs no problem Obviously though something is wrong if I have to power up and down - times before I can get a boot up that brings me as far as an error message from the BIOS Also getting a BIOS error message on every boot is obviously not right I am thinking hopefully there are some settings in the BIOS I can make to get the Motherboard to accept the RAM configuration as such on the first go without pause or error I checked the ASUS web site to be sure and I am already running the latest BIOS I checked the CMOS jumper and it is not in the reset position I am running a watt power supply so I think I have enough power I have tried setting the CPU speed and RAM speed manually but it seems to have no effect I have also tried various different RAM configurations using the RAM slots If I run either the two MB chips or the one GB chip alone it boots fine on the first go without any problems Any other configuration of either or of the chips together placed in the RAM slots in configuraiton it doesn t work properly What is odd is that prior to installing this new motherboard I was running a ASUS P P S-X motherboard which has only two RAM slots On that board I had installed the GIG chip and one of the MB chips together for a GB RAM configuration and it worked perfectly It would seem this more elaborate board with RAM slots should be able to handle at least a GB RAM configuration Anyway thank you for reading about my troubles At the moment I am back to running only GB of RAM since it boots that way without any error If you have troubleshooting thoughts or BIOS settings ideas you think I might try in order to get these RAM chips to get along together so I can run the GB of RAM without any BIOS boot errors I would appreciate hearing from you Best wishes marc nbsp

A:ASUS P4S800D-X Memory Configuration Problem

What brands are the modules? are they the same brand and timing just different sizes? if you want to run dual channel smoothly you need matched memory, not just PC3200, differnet brands, different timings.

first thing I would do is set the bios to defaults. this is the mode for the greatest compaitability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s800d-x-memory-configuration-problem.43331/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am getting the below error with an xp os pc,

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware."

I have read microsofts documentation on the error, but basically I cannot boot form the OS CD, that leaves two options.

1) Edit boot.ini, file (I do not where to begin)

2) Use recovery console , how do you invoke the recovery console ?

A:[SOLVED] Computer disk hardware configuration problem

Hi I am really struggling with this issue, basically I cannot boot from my recovery CD and therefore cannot begin to try any of the options suggested by MS.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-disk-hardware-configuration-problem-507927.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I hope someone is able to help but first need to apologise for my general ignorance around computers I will do my best to Premium configuration updates Home Vista problem be clear and include the information I think is relevant Yesterday my daughter Vista Home Premium updates configuration problem logged on to her laptop to do some homework and it began to install updates It runs on Vista Home Premium This is not uncommon so we thought nothing of it It completed stages and However when it got to stage it said quot Configuring updates Stage of - complete Do not turn off your computer quot We waited but it switched off without saying it was finished Then it rebooted and went through the same procedure It has done this ever since until we shut it down manually I can't make it stop I have no idea what to do and don't have the cash to waste if it is a problem I can resolve myself Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how I can tackle this Thanks for taking the time to read this My fingers are firmly crossed Christine

A:Vista Home Premium updates configuration problem

hi,,,, you are in the vista update loop,,,, happened to me a few times and i have fixed this issue a few hundred times too,,,
you need the vista recovery disc,,,, put it in the drive and then reboot,,, press f10 for the boot menu (or what ever f number it is for your make of pc) select to boot from the disc drive,,,, when the pc starts follow these instructions

If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.
Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
Click Repair your computer.
On the System Recovery Options menu, click system restore,,,,
then restore the pc to the point just before the updates were installed and it will reboot when done,,
when offered the updates again install them 1 at a time to single out the bad update
good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274947/vista-home-premium-updates-configuration-problem/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a major problem Configuration Restore Major System to Repair? XP After Problem: Any Way My Spybot Search and Destroy had finished scanning my computer Dell Dimension e Major Problem: Any Way to Restore My System Configuration After XP Repair? running Windows XP service pack Major Problem: Any Way to Restore My System Configuration After XP Repair? I then clicked on it to fix the problems it found and started doing something else on Tradestation A short time later a message popped up on my screen that I had never seen before It basically said there was a system fault that my computer was going to reboot in seconds and that I should save all my work The only thing I remember about the message was that it said something about quot NT quot system fault or error fault or something like that and a timer counted down from seconds There was no way for me to cancel it A separate message from Spybot also popped up I don t recall what it said other than it asking me if I wanted it to start automatically before everything loaded up the next time I started my computer because of something it had found or that had occurred But I wasn t able to click OK before the time ran out because I was too busy trying to figure out why I was getting these messages and save my work at the same time My computer then rebooted However while Windows was loading it stopped and gave an error message stating that a particular file hal dll was missing or corrupt On my computer I have the hard drive partitioned into two drives C and E Both have Windows on them but the E drive is the main drive When I reboot my computer it asks me from which drive I want to start Windows If I don t choose one it automatically selects the C drive which is the one I always choose anyway When I got the error message above I inserted my XP CD rebooted the computer and booted Windows from the CD so I could try to repair it I chose the repair option instead of the clean install option because I wanted to replace what I thought was just one missing or corrupt file The software went through the process of what looked like a clean install but I didn t think anything of it because I ve used the repair option before and I seemed to recall this being the case and everything working out okay after it was done However when my system rebooted automatically after the quot repair quot was done and I chose to boot Windows from the C drive Windows loaded up as if it was a brand new install Everything from my normal start up configuration was gone all of my icons were gone none of the programs that normally run on start up were executed only one monitor of my multimonitor set up my four monitor setup was being displayed etc In addition almost all of my devices were labeled as unknown devices in Device Manager My cable modem wasn t recognized so I had no Internet connection I m writing this from my laptop which has a wireless connection to the modem When I looked at my directories they all appeared to be intact along with the files they contained except all of the files in the My Documents and My Pictures directories were gone I suspect all of the files in other directories that are created when Windows is installed are probably gone as well When I compared the Windows directories of the C drive where the quot repaired quot install occurred and the E drive with which I had done nothing I realized that I wasn t missing just one file but several hundred files across multiple directories in the Windows directory on the E drive When I rebooted again and tried to start Windows from the E drive I got the same error message while Windows was loading that I got before I quot repaired quot Windows on the C drive I called Dell tech support but the person I got said he couldn t help me because Windows XP wasn t installed on the computer when I bought it He seemed to imply that he knew the solution to my problem but wasn t willing to help me at all because it was coporate policy even after I pleaded with h... Read more

A:Major Problem: Any Way to Restore My System Configuration After XP Repair?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/major-problem-any-way-to-restore-my-system-configuration-after-xp-repair.736191/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have bought a SATA HDD to replace my old IDE drive but cannot get it to work I have followed the Disk Configuration SATA Solved: Hardware problem instructions in my mobo manual but the result has been that my machine is now unusable I have a Jetway V DAP mobo and am trying to install a Samsung Spinpoint gig SATA HDD with Windows XP So far I have taken the following steps I removed old HDD and installed new drive inserted Windows XP cd and pressed F key at the system prompt for SATA driver I inserted Floppy Disc with Solved: SATA Disk Hardware Configuration problem driver which seemed to load ok System installed some files then started to format HDD this seemed to stop short of a full format and system the rebooted Upon reboot the message quot Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem could not read from selected boot disks check boot path and disk Solved: SATA Disk Hardware Configuration problem hardware quot I don t know what to do next please help I m desperate nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Tp-Link supply an IP address to bring up a Dialog Box to allow you to log in and configure this device online it is But it does not work when typed into the browser it will Point Access problem TP-Link TL-WA701ND configuration not connect to the site and allow configuration of the unit I am trying to configure it as a universal repeater from a wireless network that TP-Link TL-WA701ND Access Point configuration problem I have permission to use to my laptop to improve reception only have bars at present Can this access point be configured be configured any other way I have an Ethernet cable with it or is there a way of sorting the problem TP-Link have no idea I have now spent - hrs on the problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer CathedralPeak Rev LXATR X D B Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:TP-Link TL-WA701ND Access Point configuration problem

Generally speaking, there's a limited number of ways to access a router's configuration utility. Some will have an access port on the back of the router; but with the typical home-type router, you would utilize the web-browser method. Sometimes this is with a name like 'tp-linkrouterconfig' (or something to that effect), but more often than not it's via a specific IP address as you show above. Some routers will allow configuration through the wireless connection(s), but some specifically require you to be wired directly to the router.

Either way, you will have to be connected directly through that particular router, not through a different one. (eg - You shouldn't be able to access the TP-Link config utility while you're plugged into the other one across the way, or while accessing through another router's wireless connection)

Now, if you're trying to:

... configure this device online ...Click to expand...

Unless you're simply trying to state that you'd use your Web Browser to do so, then there's NO WAY you're going to configure your home router from outside the home network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-tl-wa701nd-access-point-configuration-problem.1018944/
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows Server Standard Edition Installing on a Intel Xeon w GB RAM I m having a serious issue properly configuring Acitive Directory I have set up the DNS the domain name is correct the zone is named properly but I continue to get this error Can anyone provide me with pointers The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location 2003 Active Directory Win Problem Configuration Server SRV resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain xxx com The error was quot DNS name does not exist quot error code x B RCODE NAME ERROR The query was for the SRV record for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Common causes of this error include the following - The DNS SRV records required to locate a domain controller for the domain are not registered in DNS These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a domain controller is added to a domain They are updated by the domain controller at set intervals This computer is configured to use DNS servers with following IP addresses xx xxx x xx x x x - One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone xxx com com the root zone nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2003-server-active-directory-configuration-problem.237662/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi

I have a Dell 2350 wireless router which I have happily used in the UK for the last 12 months.

I have just relocated to Australia and am having real problems reconfiguring using the CD driver.

It acknowledges that there is an internet connection direct via the ethernet cable into the PC; following the steps the internet light is then on; then there are lots of flashing lights whilst it tries to configure; LAN port light flashes; but configuration fails; and there is no internet availability.

Please help if you can, I am at my wits end.

Thanks

A:Dell wireless router configuration / connectivity problem

I have had the same router for years, and in my personal and professional opinion, can it and buy a better one, it never worked well and was always laggy. but otherwise reset it to factory settings and begin setup from the ground up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-router-configuration-connectivity-problem.638215/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I have nbsp one remote customer nbsp with many users that nbsp is having a nbsp problem with my company's landing page and not experienced by any of our other customers Some lt input gt control is disabled the problem is nbsp occurring with a couple users and it is intermittent nbsp and I cannot reproduce it at my desktop They all 9: IE Settings? Diagnose problem: remote Export Configuration are using IE- This lt input gt control is managed by AJAX but it should disabled only after submitting there by prevently back-paging and try re-submitting One thought is it could be how a particular user's IE- browse's configuration is setup Is there a way to export an IE- browser's configuration of a browser that is IE 9: Diagnose remote problem: Export all Configuration Settings? experiencing my problem Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciate And no I do not have a tool that can perform remote desktop access Thanks As a side NOTE I am using Peter Blum's ImageButton with quot DisableOnCommit true quot Great library of controls and validators Thanks Jeff in Seattle

A:IE 9: Diagnose remote problem: Export all Configuration Settings?

Hi,

IE 9\file\import and export, it can export some browser settings.

Also you can click on start - run. Type gpedit.msc. Navigate to Local computer policy ->
Computer Configuration ->
Administrative Templates -> Windows Components ->
Internet Explorer.

right click on Internet Explorer and you can export all the settings.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8c0e36b7-355d-46d5-a2aa-bb8261513239/ie-9-diagnose-remote-problem-export-all-configuration-settings?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 38.7%

I have an old P system that I let my son use for internet browsing email etc It has been rock solid for years until lately and I think the issue of not booting properly is that the master CD-ROM gave up the ghost Configuration single configuration? CD-RW - from to slave And so I took that out hoping that is all it will take Here is my question and I feel so much like a noob I did try to google but I got nothing Where do CD-RW Configuration - from slave to single configuration? I place the tab to take it from slave to single configuration As slave the tab was placed on the far left in the verticle position Am I correct in that to make it singular I CD-RW Configuration - from slave to single configuration? need to place it horizontally on the bottom two prongs center-right I hope I am making myself clear This is an old system and it has been years since setting it up and I don t have my manuals anywhere I couldn t even access Buslink s website Thanks for your help nbsp

A:CD-RW Configuration - from slave to single configuration?

The jumper will fit on the pins, based on what is imprinted or embossed on the drive. It is usually very difficult to see... but if you use a flashlight or other device you can place at different angles, you can see how the jumper choices are stamped into the metal. Most often the center two are Slave, the right is Master, and the left is Cable Select.
I suggest you jumper it as master.
If it is a known brand, you can find a drawing on the website of the optical drive manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rw-configuration-from-slave-to-single-configuration.99316/
Relevancy 38.7%

hey guys hoping someone can help me out having a problem with my machine i have a desktop running vista and a laptop running xp sp my sister dropped the laptop and on startup the laptop said quot no operating system quot i presumed the hard drive was broke so i replaced it with a new gb one and tried to reinstall xp the install errored during the xp installation and got a blue stop message on restart because a problem. not hardware could configuration of start Windows disk computer xp booted and seemed to Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. be ok for a few hours then i got another stop message so presumed Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. the installation was corrupted and decided to format abd re install the hard drive wouldnt format so i took it out and put it into my portable sata case and formatted it with my desktop when i put it back in the laptop i couldnt install xp the drive wasnt being read so i decided to put it back into my portable case and formatted it again using my vista desktop i booted the desktop with my xp disk and when asked which drive to install xp on chose my portable hard drive the installation was about when i went downstairs when i got back up the vista dekstop was desplaying the following message Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from the selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information since then i cant get the vista machine to boot up it constantly shows the above message i put my vista disk in and cant get it to boot from disc the boot priority shows a cd drive which i dont think is mine or something and i dont ever get an option to boot from cd sorry for the long post but hopefully someone can please help dont want to lose all my files from another computer cheers Rob

A:Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Looks to me like the first priority is to save your files. Try this procedure ( Computer First Aid Using Knoppix ) - but you have to set the BIOS boot sequence to boot from CD once you have burnt the Knoppix CD.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263553-windows-could-not-start-because-computer-disk-hardware-configuration-problem.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION does not start up in normal mode. I get a black screen, and have to select from two choices of windows xp home edition at the bottom of the screen to open my computer.
I've typed msconfig and selected normal mode and it still doesn't work.
Also I got this error message: windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
I'm a newbie at computers and don't understand the technical jargon. I wonder if some one could explain it in simple terms, so I could understand it.
I don't have a windows WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION CD-Rom to use recovery console. How can I fix this without a windows cd-rom?
I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2002

A:windows could not start because of computer disk hardware configuration problem

have you put any new hdd's in, or left a usb drive/ipod/mp3 player in the pc.
otherwise your hdd might have issues,
the recovery console is downloadable and burnable but id check the first 2 options first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207283/windows-could-not-start-because-of-computer-disk-hardware-configuration-problem/
Relevancy 38.7%

I am getting the : "Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM" error message and have tried to initiate the Recovery Consule. I have the XP CD to reboot from disc and have followed the steps, hit "R" for repair, but when it asks which installation I want to use I can't get any farther. There is only one option showing "1: C:\WINDOWS" and when I hit "1" and Enter, all I get is another C:\WINDOWS prompt - it doesn't go to the next step of asking for the password or allowing me to start the recovery process. I've never tried any of this before so I'm not sure what step or action I may be leaving out???

A:system32\configuration\system corrupt or missing - start up problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system32-configuration-system-corrupt-or-missing-start-up-problem.989347/
Relevancy 38.7%

system configuration data updated ERROR --Need a solution I have a fairly new Gateway M- laptop running windows vista bit sp I turned it on and beeped twice beep beep and gave me an error message that reads quot system configuration data updated ERROR system configuration data read error quot Press f to continue system problem) (boot ERROR data updated configuration f to enter set up I pressed f and it system configuration data updated ERROR (boot problem) sent me to another blank page that reads Windows failed to start A resent hardware or software change might be the cause system configuration data updated ERROR (boot problem) To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart computer Choose your language settings and click next Click repair your computer If you do not have the disk contact your system admin Etc Tried the repair disc tried reinstall from Restore DVD still get the same message Tried the bootrec exe fixmbr worked Tried the bootrec exe fifixboot Worked Tried the bootrec exe Rebuildbcd Tried reseating the memory and hard drive Still at the same point Even tried to install XP over it but never could get it to go Now I am back to where I started I already replace the hard drive so i know is no that I think this is a boot problem what can I do

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283906-system-configuration-data-updated-error-boot-problem.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I just moved into my first apartment and my roommates can browse just fine off wireless or wired connections mine at first work work for. While then stop for a few hours now it won't let me browse at all I have vista and my net work and sharing center show the internet to be connect but I can't open any pages in firefox or IE when I run a diagnose and repair I get a. There may be a problem with your DNS configuration I've tried a lot of things and nothing has worked I only have windos firewalls and AVG free and I have changed the IPv4 and v6 to get ip ans dns setings automotaiclly any ideas? It sucks using my phone for the internet while I have a nice laptop. Have a hp pavillion dv6000 on vista 32 bit core 2 Duo processor
i]Posted via Mobile Device[/i]

A:iinternet shows connecred but cant browse and showing DNS configuration problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iinternet-shows-connecred-but-cant-browse-and-showing-dns-configuration-problem.856382/