Windows Support Forum

WD Raptor died, need data recovery

Q: WD Raptor died, need data recovery

Hello Today my WD Raptor decided to die all of a sudden while using my computer it just froze up blue screen on me and reboot then keeps looping I do regular backups so I have quot most quot of my data on my external drives but this happened so suddenly that I have some recent excel files and pictures that are not on my last backup and I would really like to recover those files I run DFT and result was some sector logical failure I remove the drive installed on another computer and I can see the drive but every time I double click on it I got the message quot You need to format the disk in drive D before you can use died, data Raptor need recovery WD it quot and sometimes when I click on the drive I got quot D is not accessible Data error cyclic redundancy check quot Disk management sees the drive as quot Active Primary Partition quot but still can t open it from there I haven t format it yet but I wonder if there is a way to access it somehow to retrieve the data or the only way is WD Raptor died, need data recovery to format it to access it and then use some software to recover the files Suggestions opinions what do you guys think what options do I have Thanks in advance for all the input nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-raptor-died-need-data-recovery.191410/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WD Raptor died, need data recovery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 75.25%

I want to recover if possible, not only my emails, documents, videos, and photos. I also want to recover my browser bookmarks, tabs, and history, and my programs, particularly some shareware I have.

I have had a firm in California recommended to me.

Relevancy 64.07%

My WD Raptor HD has my OS on it. It won't boot up, appears to be seriously hosed. I installed the OS on my second HD, made it the boot drive. While both OS show up in the bios the crashed drive does not show up when I boot up in the other HD. Is there any software I can get to recover the data from the crashed drive? My OS is Windows 7.

A:WD Raptor HD crashed, need to recover data.

only post the same problem once

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/wd-raptor-hd-crashed-need-to-recover-data-600997.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell laptop and was running XP Pro when I started having problems (this computer has been running perfectly for two years, I guess I was due). It is missing a .dll file (hal.dll) and will not load the OS, not even in safe mode. I ran the recovery console and tried "bootcfg /rebuild" and recieved a message that the rebuild was not successful, and should run chkdsk. I did this and recieved and message that there were unrecoverable errors. Basically, it sounds like I am screwed. My problem now is this: I haven't backed up in a while (my bad, I know) and there are some files I would like to recover. Can someone recommend a third-party software for me, or suggest a course of action? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A:Xp Pro Has Died - Need Help Retrieving Data

Take a look at this:Windows XP Setup - Missing HAL.DLL from kellys-korner.Be ("I'm sorry Dave") Safe Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61221/xp-pro-has-died-need-help-retrieving-data/
Relevancy 55.9%

Good morning I woke up yesterday morning to a quot S M A R T - only Data - HDD RAW Died Shows Failure quot on my primary HDD So much for advanced warning the drive was dead as dead - not complete booting to windows etc I have since replaced the drive and reinstalled my OS to get back up and running ASAP I do have a few questions I didn t loose a lot of data from my primary HDD I do back up - yeah but there are things I would like to snag from the pile of data just to make my life a little easier - things like FireFox Bookmark backup and a few HDD Died - Shows only RAW Data config files that map the backups from my backup utility software I have placed my HDD into a external enclosure and the drive after some time will be recognized but only as quot Local Disk quot and the space shown is quot quot bytes and the data HDD Died - Shows only RAW Data is RAW versus NFTS Is there any way to get back in to this drive My understanding from what I have read is that the Partition Table or the MBR has been corrupted or deleted What do I need to do to see the data again Specs Broken Drive WD GD- HDD Died - Shows only RAW Data NLR GB Raptor Windows XP SP Thanks in advance for your help Benjamin nbsp

A:HDD Died - Shows only RAW Data

Recovery Software

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm (I would )
It is free for up to four folder down, ie
C:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

Here are a lot more free ones to choose from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-died-shows-only-raw-data.127859/
Relevancy 55.47%

What I want to know, is there any I can recover the data my self, with out having to send it to a recovery place.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 54.61%

My toshiba harddrive died after a few months of receiving it. I got it for Christmas last year. The original harddrive died in June and was replaced with a new one within two weeks. In September the new harddrive crashed and died. I took it to a local shop to get the data, but they were unable to get the data.

I really need this data back. It has a lot of important files. What can I do to get the data?

A:My Toshbia Harddrive died. How can I get the data back?

That's really bad luck!
Assuming the drive is still in the computer and will spin up you could try booting to a live linux CD. A good free one would be puppy linux.
Get a friend to download it and burn to a CD. Boot your laptop from the CD and see if you can browse to the "dead" HDD and pull files off to an external USB HDD.
There are businesses that recover data but I think it is an expensive service.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115549-my-toshbia-harddrive-died-how-can-i-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I've been getting ready for a disk replacement after years but for External recovering died, need HDD backup help data the disks arrived too late to avoid anything problematic My external HDD gave a cylindrical error while reading some External HDD died, need help recovering data for backup data in a program so I knew this was going to be the end of it I tried to avoid running chkdsk and suffer so I had time to backup but my harddrives won't come in the mail until tomorrow I tried to navigate to the directory that gave the cylindrical error and half the files couldn't be found as expected going back the entire file tree containing couldn't be found either so I tried running chkdsk anyway and just go with it but it couldn't quot load a RAW partition quot so the boot sector of the drive failed without thinking I shut off the drive and turned it back on Big mistake because now nothing loads at all I tried chkdsk R which did not work I downloaded testdisk and I'm running an analysis right now its working but extremely slowly has been running for more then a day and is at and often gets stuck on a cylinder for several minutes to half an hour often resulting in a read error I have EasUS Partition Manager Pro and HDD Regenerator as well if this does not help I'm not really familiar with testdisk I never used it before I did read the quot manual quot but that's only describes one scenario mine already differs from whats on the site so I could use some help in how to fix this so I can access my data copy and paste everything to the new HDD when it arrives and then zero out the old drive hoping for the best and using it as quot extra storage if needed for junk quot or toss it So far the test results are as followed many more read errors but can't paste them all I know they're bad I could use some help instructions on how to best approach this with minimal to no data loss if possible Thanks Code Drive I - GB GiB - CHS sector size Partition table type auto None Drive I - GB GiB Partition table type Intel Analyse Drive I - GB GiB - CHS Geometry from i MBR head sector BAD RS LBA check part i type no test BAD RS LBA check part i type C no test BAD RS LBA check part i type no test BAD RS LBA check part i type A no test Current partition structure Sys Warning Bad ending sector CHS and LBA don't match Sys C Bad relative sector Novell Bad relative sector OS Boot Manager Bad relative sector Only one partition must be bootable Space conflict between the following two partitions Novell Sys C Space conflict between the following two partitions Sys C Sys Space conflict between the following two partitions Sys OS Boot Manager search part Drive I - GB GiB - CHS file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffer read err read after end of file file win pread buffe... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/401446-external-hdd-died-need-help-recovering-data-backup.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So yeah power supply took out my mainboard Have to get new hardware and going from bit to bit Vista Ultimate I have been running windows live one care for a backup solution but have not yet had to do a restore and i'm not sure when the last one ran or for that matter what its grabbing as far as email goes I run office enterprise and hence Outlook as my email client and have several folders including sent items and inbox that I want to get back as they were on my newly installed machine Since I didn't have it autoarchiving to new need outlook died, PC Motherboard 2007 on data pst is there a way to get this data on my new machine by having the old drive available to the new machine as a secondary data drive First post so i'll give some info I have been running Vista since I first got the Business version in my action pack subscription had Motherboard died, need outlook 2007 data on new PC it on a media center pc and not using the media bits so I upgraded to vista ultimate about yrs ago Its been my hub for media sharing with my xbox and tons of other multimedia tasks without really anymore hickups than I had with XP over its lifetime only going to bit so I could surpass the gb memory cap and maybe get some virtuals going later I'll be getting my new AM board with AMD Phenom II X proc and to start gb of ddr memory tommorrow to put in my new Thermaltake Element S case with a nice Antec earthwatts ps just trying to get a jump on finding this out for a hopefully smooth rebuild reinstall

A:Motherboard died, need outlook 2007 data on new PC

I run office 2007 enterprise and hence Outlook 2007 as my email client and have several folders including sent items and inbox that I want to get back as they were on my newly installed machine. Since I didn't have it autoarchiving to pst, is there a way to get this data on my new machine by having the old drive available to the new machine as a secondary data drive?

yes you can get your data back if you have your old drive connected as secondary

http://www.vistax64.com/software/243806-motherboard-died-need-outlook-2007-data-new-pc.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Haiz,       Today was a nightmare for me bcos ACER aspore  E11 E3-112M hard drive die instantly warranty out and so far i never done image backup or recovery and there are no clue or help can be done so what i done mean done and  i create a recovery and image backup from another acer ICONIA W7 install to new hard drive for Acer ASPIRE

A:Hard drive died and no way to recovery and never i...

Was there a question or are you saying it worked and your E11 is up and running?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Hard-drive-died-and-no-way-to-recovery-and-never-image-backuo/td-p/429407/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

Yesterday, suddenly my laptop died when I was working on it. I took it to the repairing centre and they repaired it successfully but the bad news is that they formatted my laptop without acknowledging me. It carries my important data and I want it back. Is there anyone who can help me out, thanks in advance.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92348-Toshiba-notebook-died-and-i-lost-alll-data
Relevancy 54.18%

Hope there's hope for this situation. Daughter's computer died (motherboard went). It has the old IDE drives and her new one has a SATA hard drive. Is there any way she can get the data off the old hard drives? I told her about making backup copies but she didn't heed my advice.

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a FULL Seagate Barracuda tb internal hard drive that just stopped working that I would like to recover the data My big road block in data. not drive Hard Trying died, to recover still but spins recognized. trying to recover the data myself is that my computer is not recognizing that the drive is connected It has not been physically damaged and has not left the computer in the months that I ve had it besides for the rare occasion I add a new Hard drive died, still spins but not recognized. Trying to recover data. part to my computer It is under warranty so whatever I do I would like not to void the warranty so I can have it replaced once I get the date Here is what happened Last night when I tried to move a file to my hard drive it was really slow and and kept giving me errors It finally worked and I started watching the file from the hard drive on my media player Half way through my media player gave me all kinds of errors and the file stopped working After closing my media player I saw that my hard drive seemed to have been disconnected It did not show up in quot My Computer quot I tried rebooting taking the hard drive out and putting it back in and switching which bay I had it in I have a case that allows for hot swapping None of this has worked When I put it in the computer you can hear it working all normal noises no bad ticking or anything It slows freezes up the computer as the computer seems to be trying to read the hard drive but after awhile it seems like it gives up and the computer returns back to normal without recognizing the hard drive I took it to a local computer shop and they confirmed that it now a dead drive They said they should be Hard drive died, still spins but not recognized. Trying to recover data. able to recover the data off the hard drive and put it on another drive for or if it proves to be difficult This is a lot better then the flat fee that Seagate would charge Hard drive died, still spins but not recognized. Trying to recover data. because its under warranty and a hell of a lot better then the to they would charge if it wasn t under warranty But since they both say they should be able to recover the data from it I have to assume there is a way for me to do it from home I have OnTrack EasyRecovery Professional on my computer but I just need a way to get my computer to recognize the drive If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative nbsp

A:Hard drive died, still spins but not recognized. Trying to recover data.

Hi zaphenomenalone and welcome to TSG.

Does the hard drive show up in the Bios ? Does it show up in Disk Management ?

Please download and run this TSG hardware utility and paste the result into your next post :-
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-died-still-spins-but-not-recognized-trying-to-recover-data.1114546/
Relevancy 53.75%

My Sony Vaio windows died last recover drive, trying show won't windows data Died... Computer to from night after I dropped it in my garage getting out of the car I removed the Computer Died... trying to recover data from drive, windows won't show hard drive and installed it in an external case I have it connected to my work laptop dell windows and I do hear the tone when I plug in Computer Died... trying to recover data from drive, windows won't show the USB that tells me the computer noticed a new device However I do not see the drive available in explorer so I can copy my files After reading other posts I tried a few things with no success When I go into device manager I see quot generic external USB device quot and I have tried Computer Died... trying to recover data from drive, windows won't show uninstall scan for hardware changes After a few minutes it changes back to quot generic external USB device quot so no good I go into disk management and I don't see the external drive at all What should I do next Not an IT guy just hoping I can recover my files Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Computer Died... trying to recover data from drive, windows won't show

Update: I went back into disk management and I do see "Disk 1" now, but when I attempt to initialize I get the dialog box and it asks me for the partition style. No mater which option (MBR or GPT) I choose I get "Virtual Disk Manager - Incorrect Function" as an error message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175497-computer-died-trying-recover-data-drive-windows-wont-show.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi.
I keep getting Kernel data Inpage Error / Critical Process Died periodically. I can't find any common denominators between the crashes.

I have just installed windows 8, and will appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Specs:
Win 8 Pro
Asus K53SJ
Intel i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia gt520m / Intel hd 3000

A:Kernel data Inpage Error / Critical Process Died

Hello.

First try to update the firmware of your OCZ-AGILITY3 SSD.
OCZ Technology
OCZ Firmware Updates and Toolbox

Let us know the results.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/23639-kernel-data-inpage-error-critical-process-died.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My hard drive has died and I really need a OSCAR Recovery download for my Probook 4540s. Please help.

A:Hard drive died, I really need a system recovery disc

OS not OSCAR, stupid auto correct...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-drive-died-I-really-need-a-system-recovery-disc/td-p/5715210
Relevancy 52.46%

My laptop download Hard recovery died...anyway 7 to and/or windows discs? drive shut itself down and said there was an Hard drive died...anyway to download windows 7 and/or recovery discs? imminent hard drive failure Gave it to my district s IT person who tried to copy the hard drive to put into the new one I bought but she said her drive copier couldn t read the drive Of course I can t find the correct version of Windows anywhere She has Wondows professional I found the Vista Update of Windiws professional but we can t find a copy of home We checked Hard drive died...anyway to download windows 7 and/or recovery discs? HP and I can order Windows or Recovery discs but she said the sticker on the laptop doesn t have the serial number needed Tried emailing HP for advice on that but their technical contact page quot cannot be found quot and I got put on hold forever when I tried to call Here s the info she said us on the label if my laptop Pavilion dv - d Entertainment Notebook - Hard drive died...anyway to download windows 7 and/or recovery discs? - - - X - Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive died...anyway to download windows 7 and/or recovery discs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-died-anyway-to-download-windows-7-and-or-recovery-discs.1119877/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Soo I own an Acer Aspire V - G- laptop before the crash it was running windows which came preinstalled hard-drive disk Acer-Aspire recovery laptop died, V3 no The other day I had gotten a USB in order to make a recovery disk for Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk my laptop A few days before the hd corrupted and I had to completely reformat using its recovery partition but then before I could make said recovery disk the HD started 'buzzing' and needless to say it's dead now So I ordered an erecovery disk from Acer the other day and purchased a decent looking SS hard-drive I have the new hard-drive installed but who knows when the recovery disk will arrive So here's where you geniuses come in So I'd rather not wait for the disk to arrive as it might take up to weeks My brother informed me that I should be able to download windows online and use the product key that's usually listed on the back of the laptop However there is no win product key on the back - So I'm at a loss his laptop has a windows product key but mine doesn't Is it located somewhere else that I'm not looking I checked the bios but at first glance it didn't appear to be there and that's as far as I've gotten Any advice on how to get win onto my system legally without any more purchases so that I can be using my new SS-hd laptop preferably tonight Also possibly useful info I own a student copy of Win Ultimate upgrade that i'm not using which I would be fine using on my laptop but it is not a copy it is the upgrade so it requires a previous OS to be installed I own a student copy of Windows Vista upgrade that does not say it requires a previous OS to be installed I think the store sold me both so that I could have win at the time I've tried booting with both disks the vista loads and then freezes after the loading bar hits completion the win upgrade disk makes it a step further taking me to a windows loading screen and then freezes there Ok go p s I will love you forever if you help me TY

A:Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk

The Windows 8 key is embedded in the BIOS, there is no COA sticker.

I believe you will have to wait for the recovery disk if you want Windows 8 as you will not be able to download a Windows 8 ISO without a retail key. Microsoft really screwed this up and has made no attempts to fix it.

You can do a clean install of a Windows 7 upgrade disc, see here: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52640-acer-aspire-v3-laptop-hard-drive-died-no-recovery-disk.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi you all I really need some help go Windows Recovery Computer Logo past Help Pls:System died-Comp.Won't I was under the process of System Recovering my Hp Mini when it died because I didnt realize it wasn't charging Now the computer won't go past the Windows screen and I can't seem to do anything to get it to work anymore I am so frustrated because I was doing the recovery because there was a virus on the computer and now it's in a even worse state than before I have tried the hitting of the F button that takes me to the black screen where I can do a few commands like Safe mode and Last Configuration and Starting the computer Normally but nothing is working When I try to do the Repair Your Computer the first option command choice option it takes me to where I have to enter an Administrator password which I have no idea of what is it Does any one anyone at all know what the Admin password maybe or how I can bypass it to get the computer running again Please I asked HP and they said I need to send it in for to be repaired and I can't do that at this point So please chime and help me Any advice or tips would be Help Pls:System Recovery Computer died-Comp.Won't go past Windows Logo so gratefully appreciated Thank you everyone

A:Help Pls:System Recovery Computer died-Comp.Won't go past Windows Logo

Welcome to the forum
Generally on HP the administrator password is "admin" without the quotes. TRY-it, maybe it will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/229406-help-pls-system-recovery-computer-died-comp-wont-go-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 51.17%

BTW if this is in the wrong forum then please tell me and then move as appropriate Thanks Yesterday I was trying to put my Packard Bell iMedia running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack to sleep and I got a blue screen with the following error codes STOP x x x C A xC x Following that I could not boot in any mode further than the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen at which point the same blue screen was displayed Today I decided to go ahead with a Packard Bell Partial Recovery which allows you to retain your data At first the System Restore on the first screen and Partial Recovery on the second screen options were greyed out and then Bell recovery Data following Packard partial recovery System Restore randomly became available so I tried that got an error message clicked quot OK quot the first time and closed it the second time and both times it restarted Then Partial Recovery was suddenly available So I went ahead with that and when it came to the screen where it asked me what user I wanted to retain the only option was quot No Profile quot Thinking that my data would still be in the place the instructions said it would be C documents and settings Chosen user name I went ahead with quot No Profile quot The recovery ran and the computer restarted and Windows started up again as if it was the first time I'd ran the computer So I created the two user accounts that had previously existed and then logged in with mine Among other messages due to the computer thinking it was new again a Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery Packard Bell window came up telling me that Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery the recovery had succeeded and my data was in quot C documents and settings Chosen user name quot It wasn't there And it's not there for the other account for Default User for All Users or for Shared Documents There is however about GB of the hard drive being used up by something and I don't know what So after all that I really have two questions Is my data still on the computer Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery If so can I recover it I'm on an old Compaq with Windows ME right now BTW I was able to hook it up to my monitor and get an internet connection It's just as well I had it

A:Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery

clarification - does your documents and settings folder only shows your new accounts?

do you have two window folders? Try a windows search for your old profile folder and see what it comes up with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-following-packard-bell-partial-recovery-205468.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 50.74%

pete

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya I managed to lose one of my HDD s with all my multimedia on it and have been trying unsuccessfully Pc Data File Recovery Inspector Recovery With to regain it with PCINSPECTOR The Data Recovery With Pc Inspector File Recovery HDD ISNT where my windows is installed and has become corrupted something happened with the partition and it went kablooey The problem i seem to be having with PCINSPECTOR is that it comes up with for example quot Cluster MP quot and it doesn t work Is it something wrong with how im using PCI or something like that I scan for drives Choose quot NONAME on FIXED DISK quot scan for logical drives and withing the first ten seconds it comes up with two partitions Choosing the second one i get these files and the first one nothing Scanning them for FAT So basically am i using quot PCI FR quot properly am i doing something wrong and or is there a cheap better alternative with results Patch Sorry guys bt i managed to fix this with the use of a different program Awesome program I m gonna plug it now quot R Studio quot well worth the investment My Multimedia was worth the odd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152008/data-recovery-with-pc-inspector-file-recovery/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, i am requesting some technical assitance in solving this issue.

i have a hard disk that has been recently affected by [email protected] virus and all the .doc and xls files have been reduced to 1kb irispective of their initial sizes and when you open the files you get this error; DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]

I would like to recover the affected files to their original state, i have searched the internet over and no one seems to have the solution documented

currently i am trying to download QuickView Plus (Version 8), i have tried all aplications i can come across, including recover my files, winhex, get data back for ntfs, and r-studio.

i am honestly intrested in documenting the solution to this problem, and am intrested in suggestins on the best way to approach this

looking forward to your favourable reply.

regards

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] Data Recovery

You will most likely need to restore those files from a backup. But don't do anything until you've made sure the virus is gone. Don't want to reinfect the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-data-recovery.504545/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I?m looking for a Data Recovery company [not a Data Software company] to recover data on my drive that will not spin. Want to spend less than $1000. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Recommend Data Recovery Company not Data Software Company

Best Data Recovery Company

I have visited many data recovery websites and evaluated their product.

But my experience with one data recovery is almost excellent.

Nucleus Data Recovery, the leading data recovery company having biggest range of professional data recovery software.

Their support is also excellent you drop a email for any help they will respond within 5 minutes.

To recover your data try Kernel Recovery for FAT+NTFS.

The DEMO allows you to preview the recoverable contents and you can check whether the file is recovered correctly or not by double clicking on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-data-recovery-company-not-data-software-company.28462/
Relevancy 45.15%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently had to have my HD replaced and i need to recover the data from the old HD, mainly Photos. I was told that the HD had an electrical failure as opposed to a mechanical one if this helps..any suggestions on where i can send the HD to get the data recovered would be great..

Relevancy 44.72%

I tried to update my USB drivers on my old computer running XP Pro and royally jacked it up- BSOD and unable to recover using safe mode, or any other recovery disk etc. That's not so much my problem, I have since started using a newer computer (Gateway 825 GM running XP Pro) and recently bought a HDD Enclosure so I can recover the data on my old HDD.

I have got the old HDD working through the external adapter but I'm unable to access certain directories due to the security settings I had on my old computer user profile. Is there any way to access the secure directories on the old HDD now? I'm logged in to the new computer under a user profile with administrator privileges already.

I'd really like to get the data in these directories because there are a lot of pictures of a recently deceased loved one in there.

A:Data recovery

It's a permissions issue. You'll need to take Ownership of the folders and sub-folders in order to access them. In XP Pro, you can access the "Security" tab in "Properties" of the folder(s) in question, but in XP Home, you can only access the "Security" tab in Safe Mode.

Remove the name of the old Owner, and let Administrator be the new Owner, and apply the settings to all sub-folders.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-331100.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Any suggestions on a good data recovery program?
Multiple file systems, fixes/repairs FAT's, scan HD and recovers data...ect....

We occasionally need to do this, but for the life of me I cant recall the program we use to use, so will simply find a new one

A:Data Recovery

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.444179/
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there any way possible for data to be recovered after a drive has been wiped - possibly reformatted/repartitioned?

A:Data recovery help please

Depending on how much has been done after the format, GetDataBack may do the trick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help-please.580328/
Relevancy 44.72%

Things aren't progressing well with my dead hard drive, so I wondered if - worst case - anyone has data recovery places that they'd recommend, preferably in New York City.

:dead:

A:Data recovery in NYC?

The average cost really begins at $450 despite their "free estimates" or $279 flat fee claims. Is your damage at that value? If the plates are cracked or the magnetic material peeled off, or the bearings welded together, it still costs you $450 for no data rescued.
We recommend a place in Ontario, Canada as they best you can find.
Have you tried installing the drive in a USB enclosure that has its own power supply to see what you can see, or if the drive turns?

Some of these may not still be in business. Some data here is from my two-year old book, but these were good when last used.

Here are some we have used with good results when our clients needed a rush job for payroll or taxes or whatever.
Hard Drive Recovery; Free Evaluation, Fees start at $279, 877-840-3282
www.acsdatarecovery.com

Data Recovery/Repair, NYC; Fast www.AmnetDataSolutions.com
New York, NY

Hard Drive Recovery Experts; RAID, NAS, SAN server recovery. 888-567-8328
www.OntrackDataRecovery.com. Been in the business for at least 24 years; I think they are tied into the Ontario, Canada firm

Data Recovery New York; (212) 661-1145. Free consultation
www.ComputerAdvisorsNY.com

Hard Disk Data Recovery; Experienced, Reliable; www.MilesTechnologies.com/Recovery
New York, NY

Recover Data Quickly
www.DriveCrash.com $279 Data Recovery Flat Rate.
Has "Class 100" clean-room; corporate work as well.
www.aerodr.com

New York computer repairs; data recovery consultat free (212) 361-9981
www.BnyTech.com

Drive Recovery of New York; www.WeRecoverData.com/New-York/NY Hard Drives, RAID, Disk, Server; Free Est 212-594-5946

Data Recovery Service
www.DataRecoveryLabs.com No Recovery No Fee - All work done on site - 866-340-0111

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-in-nyc.107720/
Relevancy 44.72%

one of the hard drive has gone corrupt and the the file system is showing as RAW. I am unable to format it also and all the data stored in side it seems to be lost. How can i recover those lost data and how to format that RAW drive. I tried it with Windows CD as well as by doing a right click and then format but still it didnt work. I tried it from admistrative tools also but still no joy.

Relevancy 44.72%

The problem I have is this I had Western Digital GB hard drives in RAID configuration and HD failed but the system still booted up I didn't notice for a few days that HD had failed because what seems to have happened is the RAID took my backup DATA drive drive a GB drive NOT built into the initial RAID Help Data Recovery and built that drive into the failed Data Recovery Help array So now we have Drive the GB drive and drive the GB drive in the RAID and drive completely failed Problem is Drive was not in any RAID but was a stand alone DATA disk a GB drive with all my personal Data on it I had GB of data on this stand alone drive Now I took out drive and viewed it from another computer and it's showing as a GB drive and the data showing is identical to drive the GB i e program files windows etc but I don't see any of my Data Question is what can I do to retrieve my GB of data I ran data recovery software but the only thing I'm finding is a GB System Volume Information file in poor condition Can I try to recover that if so will that bring back the original state of my drive The original state was the drive showed as GB and had GB of data whereas now it shows as GB with a mirror of drive Need help please

A:Data Recovery Help

FYI : MSI K9N4 Sli Motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/67021-data-recovery-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

I am wondering what tools I would need to take apart a HDD, pull out the actual "disks" the data is wrriten on, and then place those disks into something that can read them? I know professional shops can do this, but I never understood what kind of equipment they used. Does anyone have any links to any of this kind of hardware?

Relevancy 44.72%

I need advice in a decent data recovery program (willing to buy) that will recover info off a formated machine that used to run Server 2000 that now runs XP

dont know what else kind of info there is, let me know if you need more

Hi Daredeval you could try getdata back by runtime.

Or you can try free programs this website should help guide you through:

http://www.datarecoveryadvice.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.728601/
Relevancy 44.72%

Well it all started when I tried installing an old CD drive onto my system. I then got the error message "missing or corrupt hal.dll file". One thing led to another and what I thought was a REPAIR install of Windows XP, actually erased my whole hard drive leaving only a partially completed Windows subdirectory.

I plugged the hard drive into another computer as a secondary drive and all it's showing is just that Windows subdirectory. I've tried a data recovery program, but it is not showing anything on the hard drive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My life is on this hard drive and I haven't done any recent backups (including an important project I've been working on)

Thanks,
Leee

A:Data Recovery Help!!!!

Quick Shot.....

Only can give links to software recovery.

[email protected] UNERASER
http://www.uneraser.com/
System Mechanic Pro
(Has a recovery software included in the package, Works pretty good
from "my experience" with it.}
http://www.iolo.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help.488797/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello guys.
This morning I performed a routine re-installation of Windows XP on my sister's laptop to start off fresh. But this time I screwed up big time!
During the installation process, at the screen where it asks you whether to format the drive. Instead of choosing 'Leave the current drive intact (no changes)', I messed up in chose 'Format the drive using the NTFS filesystem (Quick)'. As a result all files on the C drive was wiped out including the files in the My Documents, among them were some very important documents relating to my sister's work.
So please, does anybody know if I can recover those files? Or they are lost forever?

A:Need help with data recovery

you say you chose the quick format...well, if your lucky all hope is not lost. There is a free data recovery software i can recommend that should be able to recover most of the data as long as you don't fill up the hard-drive with anything else until it finishes recovering the files...

here's the download page
http://www.pcinspector.de/download.a...#file_recovery

here's the description
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

here's the disclaimer
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

hope this helps...and please be patient, it takes a bit of time to scan your hard-drive...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-data-recovery-177304.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Who has the best? The pricing seems to vary, why the big difference?

Relevancy 44.72%

I have ten text files on a cd - if I go to my computer it shows that the data is there but will not show the folders - I have tried to go to disk repair and it gives me the message that windows cannot access the disk - is there a good free data recovery software out there to help me find these files?

A:cd data recovery

Hello Milam, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if Recuva may be able to rescover the files for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/222783-cd-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Im just needing a link to the place to order a recovery disk or hopefully to download  link for a USB boot download.

Model:  Dv7-4285dx 
prod#: XZ029UA#ABA
SerialL#: (removed content)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Data-dV7/td-p/5796082
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all,
I have got this hard drive Samsung SV4003H to recover data from. Any clue where to start from?

Thanks in advance ...

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there people, any ideas on the best Data Recovery Software, hopefully easy to use  also, is there any software around that the equivilant of VLC for Photos, I mean software that'll open anything

IMO...the "best" data recovery software I have used...is a paid version of Get Data Back - NTFS.  But...I have a small sample size, since I've only had to use such software less than 5 times in my 19 years of playing with computers.  So..."best" really doesn't mean much when you are speaking to me...whatever works for a given user is often considered "the best" by said member.  It's probably NOT the best, since "the best" recovery would probably be done by a professional entity and would cost more than most of us are willing to spend.

But I can suggest a number of options.

The following was contributed by a fellow Staff member and may be helpful:  Data Recovery Flowchart - Online Repair Service at FixIt.Litten.com - http://fixit.litten.com/datarecoveryflowchart.htm#flow6.

Info:
  Ddrescue - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) - http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
  TestDisk - Recoveery Software - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
  Testdisk Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic377698.html/page__st__15
  TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step

Other members of the forums have shared their successes in the forums using the following alternatives::
Data Recovery , GParted, AA - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic474881.html
Data Recovery Using Puppy Linux, Brooks - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489067/dual-boot-system-bluescreens-1-of-my-startup-choices/
Parted Magic Iso Use - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic463745.html
PartedMagic File Recovery Move - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic479864.html
PartedMagic - http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/73085.html
Partition Find and Mount — free partition recovery software - http://findandmount.com/
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download - http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588812/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recovered one of my friend's external hard disk using 7 data recovery software(v3.0) (google it you will find). I have selected that drive,scanned it and recovered the files. My question is that was there any possibilities that the software might recovered some files from my internal drive(which I have not selected) simultaneously?

A:7 data recovery

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You mean your personal drive?

Chances are low, but always a possibility. If you told it to recover a certain drive/partition, then it should just recover that drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/7-data-recovery-1011778.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I had an old computer that ran into some issues a year ago and it stopped booting into windows It had two hard-drives both of which were running smoothly Today I used an IDE to USB adapter and pulled data off of one of the drives When I tried the second drive it came up as unallocated and it Recovery Data Help wasn t initialized in the disk management Data Recovery Help screen When I click to initialize it nothing Data Recovery Help happens So I loaded up Partition Table Doctor and attempted to rebuild the partition table This worked and I was able to see a correct root file system Upon restarting my computer I found that the drive still wasn t appearing in My Computer So I loaded up Partition Table Doctor again Data Recovery Help and it still showed the correct root file system I ran a check and it said to run fixboot This resulted in a screen saying it was unable to fix the boot sector of the disk Any ideas I also ran recovery wizard and none of the partitions found in that seemed to match what the partition table doctor put together for a root file nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help.874588/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my Hard disk drive get corrupted. I lost all my data . is it possible to recover . how much days data will be available in HDD for recover.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-data/td-p/5817775
Relevancy 44.72%

so this drive which has data on it will not run. I have a bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate

that I plugged the drive into and I would not spin up.

now oddly, the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate used to have a red light indicating power and a green light indicating connection. now the red light does not work, however I tried another drive and it spins and was recognized by the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate.

so... assuming its only the LED red light that burnt out on the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate then I assume its the drive motor itself.

SO...

can I open the drive,

take out the disk and put that disk in another drive which I know works in order to read the info on the dead disk? will that work or am I going to encounter more problems?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys could give me advice please.

Ironically my backup hard drive appears to have given up the ghost & i was wondering if retrieving my date is possible.
It is actually a network drive, Iomega 1tb, it became undiscovered so i removed the Seagate Barracuda from it's case & tried it in a sata drive dock. It runs quietly and sounds like it is spinning but doesn't show in my computer.
It shows as disk 6 in disk management as well as online & healthy but will not initialize, so no drive letter.

Am i wasting my time?
Thanks in advance.

See if a linux live cd can pick it up.

screenshots

downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288915-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I was looking for suggestions for Data Recovery Software to recover data from a hard drive that looks to have been reformatted. I was considering using R-Studio or RecoverMyFiles, but was wondering if anyone had suggestions on others or experiences using either of these. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

MDROBO

Hello MDROBO and welcome to BC.There are some good freeware tools out there that can help.http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recov....htm?language=1http://www.pandorarecovery.com/If you can't get into the operating system for whatever reason you could use a Linux live CD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164612/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Im not sure if this really belongs here, but any way..

I had to format a computer, and installed Windows again...but first I had to copy the files over..well, I overlooked the desktop and didnt copy those files..

Is there any software out there that will recover these files even after a format has been done? Im willing to pay, but Im not willing to pay to send it to a company to do it. I've tried with Smart File Recovery, but they put each file as 1,492kb. I really need to get these excel and word docs back. They are the courts lol.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Here's a FREE one you can try, called RESTORATION

I never tried it on a reformatted drive but it worth a try. Let me know the out come.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.486063/
Relevancy 44.72%

Misplaced a Family Video on my PC.Wondering which recovery Program is the best and simplest to use,either bought or free.
Ran Windows search and Negative.Being a Novice I need some program easy to navigate.
Thanks in advance.

I have heard good things of PCInspector, also Recuvahttp://data-recovery-professional.com/?k=PC%20Inspectorhttp://www.recuva.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175626/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have accidentlly deleted a mpg file.is there any software i can download to recover this file?

A:data recovery

An extremely great program to recover files that were deleted. The program is so small you can run it from a floppy disk. You could take it anywhere and access the program on any machine????????????? The program is free and it works like a dream. It is called Restoration 2.5.14. Thanks to Brian Kato for his great work. The website is located at http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.166720/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem. I have to add computers to a domain at work that are currently part of a workgroup. My first computer went well. When I did the second PC I may have copied the new profile into the old one instead of the other way around. Now I can not find any data that used to be in the my documents folder from the old profile. Is there a way to recover lost data? Since I didn't technically delete the old profile I was hoping it was still on the hard drive somewhere. Thanks.

You could try using a program like: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Which is free undelete, because of the way windows "deletes" files even when having deleted you can recover the files, If you over-wrote the profiles etc, then this may/may not be possible but give it a go and post back with your results...

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-251093.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Had Trouble retrieving data from a hard drive that crashed kept getting access denied message due to my documents having a password on it but following Kimsland advice(below) data recovered Phew thought i lost all my photos
Thanks a million

Xp pro on crashed drive
Xp Home on system i put drive into

Thanks to Techspot For This Great Site Also
Cheers Herb

Security Permission issue http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/security/permissions.mspx

Right click the folder you want to open and choose Properties>Security. Make sure their is a group named "Everyone". If not click Add>Advanced>"Find Now" and choose everyone. Click OK and you should no longer get those nasty Access Denied messages. (refer to the above link to allow specifically your user account to access the old Hard Drive folders)

Note: in Windows Xp Home, the "Security" menu will not show. Just start your computer in Safe Mode (continuously press F8 function key on computer Startup then select Safe Mode)
Also confirm that you are running an Administrator privlidged account. (Check Users in Control Panel)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.105684/
Relevancy 44.72%

Here's my situation.

Recently my hdd would stop windows boot up and give me an error code and there was no fix you unless reformat it. So I went ahead and pulled the harddrive out and got an eSATA usb adapter and plugged it in to another computer. Problem is power wasn't being pulled (through the wall obviously) and I couldn't get the hdd running for the computer to recognize it. I tried another hdd to test the cable and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get my data back. I don't want to spend a fortune.

A:HDD data recovery

Hi fenix9158,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Can you please clarify

1. Which is "your HDD"? If it is an external HDD the make and model and also how it was connected to the PC, esata/usb ? ( I have atleast five or six HDDs, two inside my PC, the rest externals outside and all are "my HDDs" )

2. If it was preventing Windows from booting, how did you get the error message that it needs to be formatted?

3. Is your ASUS PC/Desktop fully functional?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295920-hdd-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi guys please I need to know whats is the latest data recovery solution other than RAID
thanks in advance!

A:data recovery

please do not duplicate posts here
continue on this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1131067-data-recovery.html

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.1131066/
Relevancy 44.72%

about a year ago i backed up all my family pictures onto a CD using Nero Burning ROM. As i remember it an error came up just as the disc was finishing (ive had this happen a few times over the years of using Nero Burning ROM and never thought anything of it; the data/music etc. that i put on the disc was always fine).
However, i recently had a hard drive fail and ive lost all my family pictures and when i try to get them from the backup disc my entire computer freezes until i eject the CD. i can open explorer and see the folders on the disc (e.g. Mum + Dad, Holiday 1995) but its only when i click on them to view the pictures inside that the computer freezes.

Is there anyway i can get my incredibly important (to me personally) back??

A:Data Recovery From A CD?

ive never used xcopy before...ive found some online instructions for it but how long should it take? its a full CD of pictures so 700MB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-a-cd.101675/
Relevancy 44.72%

my maxtor 120gb slave drive just crapped out on me. i used it mostly for music.. i had probably about 30,000 songs on it, all organized and perfect. and bam, crash.

does anyone know of some good data recovery places, or how much they cost?
i'm trying to decide if i want to just send it in and get it fixed, or if i want to restart the collection.

any help/input would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys. What software would you recommend for data recovery? I mean for physically damaged drives, situations where there is a critical error in the operating system, everything and anything that can be considered data recovery.

Relevancy 44.72%

i had a problem with xp so i tried repairing it which didn't work, so i reinstalled it on the same drive, so now i have 2 copies of it one cprrupted & one working well, but is there anyway i can get my data back ? i had important files in my documents & stuff ...

When you startup through the boot menu, or when you select the corrupted install as your operating system, does it give you the same error/message every time?

EDIT: Also, what is the *exact* message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-251133.html
Relevancy 44.72%

HI

I have a corrupt sata 2 hard drive. The seagate disk that comes with the HD was used to check the HD and it shows that the HD is fine. We suspect that power fluctuation may have corrupted the OS XP Pro. We are trying to recover the data from my HD so we can reload the OS and was wondering if anyone knows of any software that can be used to recover the data. We took the HD and put it on another computer and it shows up with the whole partition as free. Would appreciate any help and thanks...doc

Relevancy 44.72%

I just used O&O's Disk Recovery 6, trying to reover from files from a drive that I had repartitioned. It works modestly well, as far as actually recovering the files, once you sort through all of the possible files that it finds, but like in the case at hand, there are over 300,000 files, and the version that I use only lets me recover 1000 at a time. I know that they have a newer version without this limit, but even so it would still require endless rummaging to find exactly what you want, because it scans the entire drive, without letting one set a search zone, and it labels all of the files with it own numbering system, rather than the files original identity.

This makes me wonder if there is a recovery program available that would be easier to use?

Try Zero Assumption Recovery (ZAR). I have it on one of my XP machines. It's not free (except the photo recovery) but you can use it is as a trial and test. It used to have a three or four folder trial limit but I think that has been increased. Give it try. The link below is to the tutorials page of ZAR. It shows what's available.

Tutorials - using ZAR data recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/204208-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm Recovery Help w/ Data looking for any help tips that you're willing to give as I've gotten outside the scope of my tech knowledge I have an old Dell XPS desktop that I Help w/ Data Recovery had previously upgraded to Windows that will not boot up Help w/ Data Recovery on me anymore I had almost everything backed up to cloud storage with the exception of a couple folders of pictures Help w/ Data Recovery that my wife had very recently put on there because she did not save them to the cloud nor did I back them up before the PC went kaput The PC had two GB hard drives that I have removed I borrowed a Thermaltake BlackX hard drive dock from a friend and connected it to my laptop which runs Windows Here is my dilemma All I want to do is get those couple folders of pictures and move them to my laptop but I don't know which of the two hard drives was being used on the PC -When I put one of them in the hard drive dock nothing happens but when I go to Disk Management it pops up saying it needs to be initialized using either MBR or GPT method -When I put the other one in it adds E as a drive on my laptop and pops up saying the drive needs to be formatted It shows this drive in Disk Management also and says it has a RAW file system How do I know which drive has my PC data on it and how can I retrieve it Thanks in advance

A:Help w/ Data Recovery

FWIW, reference materials: 

RAW Volume (Quietman) - http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36698

CHKDSK error message - The type of the file system is RAW - http://www.z-a-recovery.com/art-raw-filesystem.htm

What is RAW file system - http://www.raw-file-system.com/

External Drive Suddenly RAW Repair Guide - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic471852.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501479/help-w-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

I have important files on my Floppy disk and i don't want to format it but i am always getting this message

Disk is not formatted
The disk in drive A is not formatted.
Do you want to format it now?

Thanks

William

Hello and Welcome to TSF

This problem occurs on disks that do not contain a media descriptor byte in the BIOS parameter block (BPB) of the boot sector. Some older preformatted floppy disks do not contain a media descriptor byte. Older product disks may also not have the media descriptor byte. You might try the workaround in the below link. Hopefully you had your data backed up elsewhere also.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140060

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-220930.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is anyone aware of a data recovery programe l may be able to use to recover music from a damaged mp3 player.
The player will not operate because of moisture damage but l would be very keen to recover about 5Gb of the music it has stored.

i dont own a mp3 player but they can be plugged into the computer i know that, when you plug them in does windows recognize the device as a drive? and allow you to search threw the files by going to lets say my computer > mp3 player > music??? if so you might be able to get away with using a recovery program such as recover my files (the best one on the market that i have seen takes a while to run gets alota stuff back... just set it to only search for mp3s... uncheck all otehrs or you can try a freeware tool there out there just not as good, if nothing else you should be able to play parts of the songs that were deleted if there not too corrupt & or you could get the old file name which can help you re download the files if the issue is more that you couldnt rember all 1000 file names you had on there, let me know how it turns out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.591185/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max.

How wrong am I? My problem is that the old days seem to be gone - I take the drive out, put it into other machines/external boxes and try ALL my old tricks.

No data. Zip.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Spinrite? Does the hard drive spin up at all?

Pro and Con arguments ref. condensation (internal) and putting it in a fridge/freezer. I suppose with progressive temperature reduction and dessicants you could reduce the risk and gain the chance of some recovery.

It all depends on the value of the data vs the effort (and expense with commercial data recovery) you wish to expend.

Somewhat disconcerting that both the laptop and drive are dead- suggests significant power problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/36310-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max.

How wrong am I? My problem is that the old days seem to be gone - I take the drive out, put it into other machines/external boxes and try ALL my old tricks.

No data. Zip.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Spinrite? Does the hard drive spin up at all?

Pro and Con arguments ref. condensation (internal) and putting it in a fridge/freezer. I suppose with progressive temperature reduction and dessicants you could reduce the risk and gain the chance of some recovery.

It all depends on the value of the data vs the effort (and expense with commercial data recovery) you wish to expend.

Somewhat disconcerting that both the laptop and drive are dead- suggests significant power problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36310-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have posted here before as mom2techsupport but lost my password. so, hello everybody --and i have a question--

i hope someone can help here--i am attempting to recover some pictures of a harddrive. it's a situation i have never run into before and i am completely lost--

drive spins, can hear it.

windows and linux both see a drive, but don't see anything in it. couldn't select repair disk.

the most information i got was from active boot. the drive is 20gigs but was formatted into five partitions. one is 90mb, three are 1 gig each.

and now the weird part--that first partition is formatted in fat12.

any ideas?

for the record, i don't care about the drive itself, my hope is to retrieve pictures for the family that owned it.

Here's a few different tools to try to attempt partition repair and/or partiition data recovery. People have reported good results when using the tools but the result (and certainly quaility of the result) may vary by situation.

Gparted and TestDisk (freeware)
Partition Doctor (free to try, see what it finds, subscription required to apply any fixes
Active File Recovery (free to try, free version limits recovery to files 64KB or less.

For paid software tools, i'd say i've seen more feedback on Partition Doctor. It also appears it knows hot to try and "fix" things in a number of different ways

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.120610/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

my computer has gone away last year and I recovered its hard disk with all my data.

I bought a Serial ATA 2.5 external enclosure in order to read and recover the data, but the problem is that when I used my old PC I put a password for entering in my account, and now with the new PC every time I read my old hard disk it appears a message (attached) saying that I have not the authorisation to enter in the files, and it does not let me put the password.

For your info in the old PC I used windows vista.
In the new PC I use windows 7.

Could you please help me to solve this obstacle? :roll:

thank you very much in advance

A:Recovery data

What was the operating system of the hard drive you're trying to recover the data from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247911-recovery-data.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Older system running XP Pro power supply crapped out so I decided it was upgrade time. New system running Windows 7 Home Premium. I removed XP drive from old machine and plugged into new Win 7 machine via a usb drive dock. I can see the drive but when I go to documents & settings, then find my user name, all I can see is "application Data", where is my data? I should be able to see links to desktop, mydocs etc. & so on. What can I do to drag & drop from XP to 7? I've done this in the past without issue, now all of a sudden, I'm a Newb all over again. Extremely important to recover years of family photos, documents, etc. Same story, different person. Hope you can walk me thru this one. Thanks guys!

Regards,
F Nolte

A:Data recovery from XP pro to Win 7

Current Username and password must be EXACTLY the same as the original at a minimum.

There are "legal" ways to get at them so don't panic and do something silly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-from-xp-pro-to-win-7.1108422/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just formatted a HD and i forgot to save the pictures and docs. I know there are programs out that i could use to recover these files but im not sure what is good and what will help since i already formatted the HD. Can someone please help.

Hi,
Here are some I've seen suggested here at TSG;

1) Recover Files
2) Recuva
3) Restoration
4) Free Undelete (NTFS only)
5) Softperfect File Recovery
6) ADRC Data Recovery Tools
7) Undelete Plus
8) Data Recovery
9) PCI File Recovery
10) DriveRescue
11) Ultimate Data Recovery
12) Disk Investigator

Commercial:

Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
GetDataBack (For FAT or NTFS)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
[email protected] File Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
NTFS Recovery

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.719085/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all, I need to know what software can recover/repair a damage/corrupted HD?

My friend is having problems with his HD, windows doesn't recognize the drive anymore ...windows asks to format when he clicks on his drive.

It's a removable Hard Drive...my other friend had the exact same problem (he took it out while the current was still on) and used a Norton product to fix it...i can't reach him right now , he's on vacation... :0

Which product does the job? Or any other product would fix this problem?
My friend used a shareware program, and was able to detect his files.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 44.72%

hi

i last night deleted a load of digital pictures by accident and need a recovery program to get them back

are there any FREE data recovery programs about that DO NOT have limitations on file size etc...

i have windows XP on NTFS file system

thx

lee

Relevancy 44.72%

I was having problems with my PC wouldn t boot up properly So I went to install XP on a nd hard drive so I could backup what I needed from my main hard drive By accident it formatted my main drive I think It formatted like gb of a gb hard drive in like secs- I stopped it as soon as I could The main question is Anyone? - Recovery Data is there anyway of recovering any data from that drive I don t need to recover everything but would like to recover mp s if possible but more importantly my uni work Data Recovery - Anyone? and photos If it s possible please could you point me in the direction of software that I should be using and what I should do to avoid losing the data forever If anyone offers this service then drop me an email and we ll sort out a deal Also is Data Recovery - Anyone? it possible to recover photos deleted from a SD card I had some holiday snaps on there which I copied on to my PC then deleted off the card If there was anyway I could retrieve those files please let me know Any help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Data Recovery - Anyone?

i would edit your post and remove the email address from the post - otherwise you will get lots of spam

this may help - i have only used on a CF card to recover images and it worked great

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-anyone.402326/
Relevancy 44.72%

how we recover the data who is deleted with virus with the help of commond promp or give the suitable answer which is easily to understand

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-of-data-412141.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I always thought that the best way to secure files is to put it on a CD or DVD because it would be there safely for a lifetime, keeping in mind that you should protect it from scratches or any form of physical damage to the CD. Just this morning I came across with an article saying that older CDs or DVDs will eventually have reading problems until the files are completely unrecoverable.It did not totally changed my way of thinking but somehow put a doubt on it. If this is true then we should recover the files on those media (CD/DVD) and transfer it into a new one. The same article also gave an overview on a couple of software to aid in recovery.Here's the link to that article:http://www.ghacks.net/2010/09/20/cd-dvd-data-recovery-software-overview/I hope that you would find this helpful.

A:CD DVD Data Recovery

Real-life (not accelerated aging) tests have revealed that some CD-Rs degrade quickly even if stored normally. The quality of a CD-R disc has a large and direct influence on longevity?low quality discs should not be expected to last very long. According to research conducted by J. Perdereau, CD-Rs are expected to have an average life expectancy of 10 years.Branding isn't a reliable guide to quality, because many brands (major as well as no name) do not manufacture their own discs. Instead they are sourced from different manufacturers of varying quality. For best results, the actual manufacturer and material components of each batch of discs should be verified.An example of a CD-R burned in 2000 showing dye degradation in 2008. Part of the data on it has been lost.Burned CD-Rs suffer from material degradation, just like most writable media. CD-R media have an internal layer of dye used to store data. In a CD-RW disc, the recording layer is made of an alloy of silver and other metals?indium, antimony, and tellurium. In CD-R media, the dye itself can degrade, causing data to become unreadable.As well as degradation of the dye, failure of a CD-R can be due to the reflective surface. While silver is less expensive and more widely used, it is more prone to oxidation resulting in a non-reflecting surface. Gold on the other hand, although more expensive and no longer widely used, is an inactive material, so gold-based CD-Rs do not suffer from this problem. - WikiSo as long you use "good quality" media, you're set for around 10 years.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417686/cd-dvd-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a hard disk here that died right in front of me. We had identified some bad surface area and were in process of copying the data to backup in preparation for replacing it.

We restarted the computer and it came up with "Missing Operating System". The boot sector seems to be gone along with the partition table. I've run Active Partition Recovery to no avail. I'm sure that if I were skilled at direct disk editing, I could correct the problem well enough to recover something; but, I have no expertise there.

Utilities that run under Windows probably won't help as the data is in an area that is seen by Windows as "unallocated space".

What utilities are there that might help?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Dears,
I am searching for any professional training center who offers Data recovery specialization course and also hard disk repairing course,

Please let me know the training centers in Asia only

A:Data Recovery Course

You do find numerous IT courses online which you can enrol onto and get trained while in the comfort of your home.

This reputable firm is also based in India (so you might want to do on-site training instead of online)
http://www.hdrconline.com/

This is another online firm based in the USA
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/data_recovery_online.html

Hope this helps and good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-course.852755/
Relevancy 44.72%

After I formatted my computerm, I went to get files from the DVD RW I Burned before i formatted my computer, many of the files apper not to be there, how can i get them back corrupt free.

Thanks

WILLIAM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-data-recovery-221245.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all First off I would like to state that I have searched through quot Data Recovery quot keywords Data Recovery and could not find a thread with my issue or a Thread explaining it in Laimens Terms Here is the situation recently my computer got stuck in a boot loop and nothing worked for fixing it not fixboot chkdsk chkdsk r fixmbr nothing So then I was left with an XP Pro CD and a decision to re-install Windows Which is exactly what I did When re-installing I choose the option to not Format my drive and leave the files Once I had it all installed I found that I did have some files but others were missing I had a bunch of movies Data Recovery placed in a folder on my Desktop along with Music and thousands of pictures photoshops in my quot My Pictures quot folder All of that seems to be gone How can I recover this Is it possible to recover these files I would HATE if I had to lose all of that its all very important to me I still have all of the files that were in my quot Program Files quot folder or inside the C drive itself I went to the quot Documents and Settings quot folder and I did not find the files in there either I have two drives in my computer Master and one GB Slave the GB had nothing on it I know it was DUMB of me to not backup all of the files onto it Also please check out this other thread of mine for other information http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -xp-pro-help html highlight data recovery I have not installed or put anything on the computer other than reinstalling Windows since the incident So is it possible for me to get these back I sure hope so I really dont want to lose these things Please let me know and if you can explain how to do this thoroughly I would appriciate it Thank you very much Max nbsp

Never had occasion to use it but I have been told this is an excellent program to recover lost files.

http://www.recuva.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.629122/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All

Dont know if this thread is in the right forum but here goes ...

What is wrong with my HDD? It displays all the files and folders on the drive but only some files have filesizes and the rest of the files haves filesizes that are equal to zero.
I can copy files to the drive and read files from the drive. The HDD is NTFS done through windows.

I think my HDD is ... BROKEN but I cannot say die! To many valuable files on the drive as you all can imagine.

How do I fix or recover the files?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean the data recovery software shows this, or Windows shows this?

Anyway please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.99347/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,

I just realized that I neglected to back up some data after replacing windows vista with XP pro. Is there any way that I might recover it?

I formatted the entire hard drive with the "quick format" option during installation. That means that my old data was not completely erased, right?

In the meantime, I`m not adding any extra data to the hard drive, for fear of overwriting potentially retrievable deleted files.

Thanks for your time!