Windows Support Forum

Can you replace your DDR video card with DDR2?

Q: Can you replace your DDR video card with DDR2?

Hi, I currently have an ATI Radeon X300 Series 128MB Video Card and I need to know if I can now replace it with a card thats DDR2?
This is my current video card specs taken from ATI Catalyst:

Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI
Graphics Chipset RADEON X300 Series

Bus TypeCI Express
Current Bus SettingCI Express

Memory Size 128 MB
Memory Type DDR SGRAM / SDRAM

Core Clock in MHz 324 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 196 MHz

The card i'm thinking about getting is:
XFX GeForce 7300 GT / 512MB DDR2 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card

OR

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE / 256MB DDR2 / Supporting 512MB with Turbocache / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out / OEM / Low Profile / Video Card

Would It work?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can you replace your DDR video card with DDR2?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can you replace your DDR video card with DDR2?

In a word... YES

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-replace-your-ddr-video-card-with-ddr2.90075/
Relevancy 73.1%

This is going to sound stupid, but I can't help it.

We are looking to upgrade my wife's video card again, so I can have her old one.

The one we are looking at has 1 GB of DDR2 RAM. Her computer uses the older PC3200 SDRAM on the Mobo. Will this type of V card still work with different RAM types or are they independent of each other?

Relevancy 72.24%

We have a GeForce 8400 video card with 512 MB DDR2 ram. Our PC's ram is DDR type.
I'm wondering if the two types of ram are in conflict or if the card is possibly defective. When we plugged it into the PCIe slot, nothing would appear on the monitor. I shut it down and restarted the PC with the cable hooked to the onboard monitor port while the 8400 card was still connected. We got no picture there either. When I unplugged the 8400 and restarted with the onboard port, everything was fine.

Is this a conflict with the 2 different types of RAM, or are the two types seperate entities?

Thanks,
Michael

Relevancy 71.38%

I'm thinking of upgrading my computer's memory and video card.
My motherboard is ASUS A7V8X-X and I have 512 DDR RAM. The motherboard doesn't support DDR2 RAM (I'm buying 2x512 MB DDR), but the video card I want to buy (ATi Radeon X1550) has 256MB DDR2. Will this be a problem because it is DDR2? Does it matter what processor (AMD Athlon 64 XP 2400+) I have?
Pls answer, before I waste money -_-
Thank you!

Relevancy 71.38%

I got myself a new mainboard that is based on the ATX DDR3 AMD standard. But I also thought that the old NVIDIA Sparkle (GTX260--896MB) that is based on the DDR2 internal memory set still would work since the connector on the card is PCI-express. Does the DDR2 memory (896MB DDR internal graphics memory) stop the communication with the DDR3 mainboard? Its a bit unfear since this was not the case between DDR1 up to DDR2. Why has there come up such a brickwall between DDR2 and DDR3. Or am I wrong?

A:DDR2 video card on a DDR3 mainboard?

I think you're confusing system RAM with video RAM, they're separate things. What's the model of your motherbaord? If it has a PCI-E slot your GTX 260 should work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-video-card-on-a-ddr3-mainboard.191647/
Relevancy 71.38%

Right now i am useing a DDR1 AGP slot video card, it just went by by, So i am upgradeing to a DDR2 Video card, I am looking at

ASUS AH4650/DI/1GD2 Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit DDR2 AGP 8X HDCP Ready Video Card (Newegg)

But i heard that the max for DDR1 is 512 MB? Will i be able to use this card? or will it just cut the cards capabilitys basicly in 1/2? I am also useing Windows Xp, please if you can help me
Plz and ty

A:DDR1-DDR2 Video Card Question

Welcome.

There are no DDR graphics cards made anymore-not since about 2000-2001.
If your AGP slot is x4 or x8 you will be fine with the card if it's within your budget- the only compatibility problem you would run into is if your AGP slot is generation 1 ( i.e AGP 1x or AGP 2x) as these use 3.3volt signalling. Your computer would most likely have to be 1998 vintage for it to have that.
If you are in any doubt then post your system/motherboard maker and model/specification

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr1-ddr2-video-card-question.140511/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Well here's the deal My year old - quot LG LCD Flatron W T is pretty much FUBAR I'm planning to get a new monitor in a couple hours Preferably a quot or above LED - maybe a Samsung LG or any suggestions recommendations brand wise Now since I'm going to get a new monitor DDR3, you a matter it card? Does etc video use if DDR2, i decided to get a new graphic card as well My current card is an old NVIDIA GeForce GT MB DDR Before i continue let me mention that my motherboard is Gigabyte G M-Combo I could use both DDR and DDR memory RAM but Does it matter if you use a DDR2, DDR3, etc video card? I'm uncertain about graphic card -part questionAs i understand my current graphic card is a DDR Does it matter if you use a DDR or DDR video card Or the DDR etc plays a factor and i can't use anything other than a DDR If i could use any card DDR etc which brand model should i go for only select the list posted below please - You don't have to be specific if you don't want to a simple answer such as 'You should always go for -i e Asus-' would be good as well As I'm on a budget i could only get one of the following Asus ENGT Silent GB DDR Asus EAH EAH Silent GB DDR MSI N GT GB DDR LProfile Palit GF GB DDR PCIE Palit GT GB DDR B TC Sapphire HD GB DDR Sapphire HD GB DDR PCIE XFX GT GB DDR XFX HD GB DDR EVGA GT GB DDR Thank you for your time and patience It's truly appreciated Cheers Dan

A:Does it matter if you use a DDR2, DDR3, etc video card?

The short answer is always opt for the faster components in your system, within your budget.
DDR3 RAM and GDDR3 Video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222522-does-matter-if-you-use-ddr2-ddr3-etc-video-card.html
Relevancy 71.38%

OK! I am a noob at this!
I am running XP Pro 32-bit. I want to replace the Video Card. Nothing great or expensive...just a decent one. It for a friend (senior, that is why XP). I just got him a Dell Vostro 200 slim, added a 1TB HD and installed all drivers and XP. Please let me know 3 things:

1. Does ddr2 or ddr3 matter on the video card..is one better to run on XP
2. 64-bit or 32-bit. I assume 64 will run on 32-bit XP
3. Any suggestions on the card or where to buy (PCI Express 2.0X16)
Thanks! Ynot

A:Does it matter if you use a DDR3 or DDR2 video card?

The only thing you need to know about buying a single graphics card:

Do I have a large enough power supply for this card?
Do I have the appropriate card slot for this card?
If the card is 2 (or 3) card slots wide do I have room in my case?
What monitor cable connector will I be using?

Everything else may be important for choosing the card you want but not needed to get the card working.

1) Graphics card memory type is irrelevant as far as the operating system is concerned.
2) I'm not sure why you are asking the second question.
3) We need to know what you will be using the card for. (A slim form factor doesn't give much options)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-it-matter-if-you-use-a-ddr3-or-ddr2-video-card.177530/
Relevancy 71.38%

So I don't think it would... But if I have a DDR2 board with DDR2 RAM would it make my computer unstable to put a video card with DDR3 in it?

Posted via Mobile Device

A:DDR3 video card on DDR2 board?

no.

Memory on the video card is for the GPU (graphics chip) to store the image data. It has nothing to do with your computer ram. Note: many of todays video cards have gDDR5.... how many DDR5 motherboards are out there? None.

Issue with video card you should be concerned with is power supply and abilties to play the games you want to play.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr3-video-card-on-ddr2-board.857695/
Relevancy 66.65%

real quick: i posted a thread about my troubles with my current video card and ive decided to start looking for a new one. i dont need anything bigger than 32 mb since its an older computer. i looked up my computer's specs online and the previous video card was an 8 MB nVidia Riva TNT Vanta. im looking up video cards online and there's agp, pci, ATI and NVIDIA (the last two i know are brands, duh). i heard that the difference between agp and pci has something to do with the slots in the mobo so if the previous card was agp does the new card i buy also have to be agp? can you guys recommend a cheap 16 or 32mb card to replace my moribund nVidia? thanks for all of your help.

PIII 650 Mhz
384 Mb RAM
8 MB nVidia Riva TNT Vanta
Windows 98SE

Relevancy 66.65%

First I'm using a eMachines W2686 with an Athlon AMD 2600 processor. Windows XP OS and 512 mb of Ram. As of late the kids choises in video games are requiring a "better" video card. Right now I have a S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR card with 32 mb of memory. The newest video game says "that ain't enough". Would a ATI Radeon 8500 do the trick? If so whats the best way to do a uninstall and a install? I also have a ATI Rage Fury Maxx card laying doing nothing. Would it work or not, is it better than what I have? Is it compatable with the XP OS? Thanks.
Del

Relevancy 66.65%

Well after much screwing around with my second computer system I have concluded that the GeForce 7200GS I bought a year ago is dying. So I'm looking to replace it.

I don't need anything spectacular, I don't even use the computer. Just let me roommate use it and the most demanding thing she does is play some WoW.

Looking to spend no more than $50.00. Its going in a PCIe slot. And I would prefer something with a fan. Not big on passive cooling, at least with the case its in. Not the best airflow. I don't need dual monitor out or TV out or anything fancy.

the PSU I have is a 500w Antec.
right now I'm kinda eying this card:

MSI N94GT-MD512 GeForce 9400 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

Any thoughts for ppl who know more than me??

thx in advance

A:Need to replace video card

You could also look at the older 8600GT. It will net you marginally better performance than the 9400GT.

Another consideration could be the Radeon HD 4650.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-replace-video-card.143644/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I get a hp envy 17 j130ea and the laptop is amazing but the video card is not so good, for now is fine but in the very future i'll need to replace it or to replace the entire laptop.The laptop is nice and I enjoy it and I am thinking if is any way for me to replace just the Video Card on this laptop . THank you!

A:Replace video card

Hello, As per the specs of the unit in the link below, There is a dedicated NVDIA graphics card on the machine apart from onboard graphics. If the screen resolution is still not satisfactory try updating Intel and NVIDI drivers, also try windows update. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04089399#AbT0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-video-card/td-p/5623809
Relevancy 66.65%

Built a computer for my son to game on. I have a MSIK8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI mobo. I have been running two Nvidia NX7600GT's. One of them blew the other night. Any suggestions on what to upgrade to? I have a 600w power supply so I think I'm pretty good there.

I'm kind of new to the building and compatibility part; so any help would be wonderful and well appreciated.

Also, probably a stupid question but here goes. I assume that since I'm running dual cards now, I will continue to run dual cards? Would like to stay with Nvidia products.

Thank you in advance!

A:Need to replace video card

From what I can remember you have a few options:

- Run single new card, Nvidia GTX 460 or the 550Ti cards would offer decent performance at a mid to lower end price range. Or spend more for the top end Nvidia offerings GTX 580, not sure their minimum PSU recommendations, but at least require 2 x PCIe Power connectors.
- Run dual cards, 1 new, 1 old 7600GT as NVIDIA® PhysX® processor, offloading that processing from the main new card.
- Bin the old working card and run 2 x New. GTX 460s are nice in SLi but all others above this can run SLi too.

Just because it is an SLi motherboard it doesn't mean you have to run 2 cards. It will happily run one card, it just has support to also run 2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-replace-video-card.164445/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi, hope someone can help.hp media center w/xp. after original video card stopped working,I used secondary vga connector to get signal back to moniter while waiting for new card to arrive.I had to download drivers for the onboard graphics to work.I installed new card and can not get a signal to moniter with new card, but can thru secondary connector.I set primary video display to pci e in bios, and still can not get new card to work. any help would be great.thanks.

A:video card replace

Does the new card show in device manager ?Click + at display adapters. any yellow marking?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-replace.783945/
Relevancy 66.65%

Just a quick query this is about Win7, and the way it handles installs.

I currently have an nVidia 6600 APG video card, I am replacing it with a
HIS Radeon HD 4670 PCIe card.

So I believe the steps should be like normal

1. reboot system to safe mode.
2. un-install nVidia drivers and software. (should this include Nvidia physix
software I beieve it installed with a game ?)
3. power down PC
4. remove old card
5. install new card
6. reboot PC to safe mode
7. Install drivers from CD. (here is the first question, with Win7 do you skip this
step and let it find/install drivers from internet?)
8. reboot PC normal
9. Have fun
Second question, will this cause Win7 to ask to be re-activated?

I think that covers it, feel free to add steps if neccessary.

A:Replace old video card

why do you need to boot into safe mode? Also, you won't be able to install that card's driver in safe mode.

uninstall anything that says nvidia in the control panel (if physx is listed, then uninstall. if not, it is coupled with the driver). power off, remove card, insert new card. power on, install new drivers from the manufacterer's website (This is not a windows driver install). Windows will normally select an older, trusted version of the driver. If you want the latest, most updated version, see below V

According to your specs, this is what you need to download: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-32.aspx

ps. now have fun

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/197847-replace-old-video-card.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Dell Dimension xps R450 running Windows 98S with an STB nVidia TNT 16mb graphics card which I'm fearing is on its last legs. What video card should I get (cheap) to replace it and is it much more difficult to replace than just taking the old one out, putting the new one in and then installing the drivers?

A:Solved: replace video card

A old p2 computer, http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dkhan/Specs.htm but it will take an agp vid card. I would not put but a low end agp card in it if I were you. I will look around for something you may want to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replace-video-card.493665/
Relevancy 65.79%

my brother gave me his video card Nvidia FX5200. but when i placed it in the slot my mobo said "system failed vga test". i tried placing it again and again but the result is the same. so i decided to disconnect the plug of the vga port from the video card. then my mobo did not say any failure.

i was wondering if it is possible that the vga port has problem and the dvi port doesn't have? i couldn't test if the dvi port is ok coz i don't have a dvi cable right now.

or any other suggestion why does my mobo says "system failed vga test"? the video card seems ok, i was just wondering how could it possibly be damaged when we don't even dropped it?????

A:a got a video card and i wanna replace my old one but......

DId you have onboard video before or another video card? if you had onboard video did you disble it in the bios when installing the card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-got-a-video-card-and-i-wanna-replace-my-old-one-but.51120/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I have a Soltek SL-75LIV motherboard running Win98 (P3 900) & latelty the graphics have been going on it. So I want to replace the video card on it but its one of those fully intergrated motherboards (No agp slot). This particular mother board has 3 PCI master bus slot, 1 ISA slot, & 3 DIMM slots. Can I place a new graphics card in this type of motherboard or does this mean that the whole stytem is no good & I need to buy a new computer. Unfortunately Im not a techie so any info you can give is apprectiated.

Thank you

Relevancy 65.79%

So I ve got all these pink purple replace? how to fail, card Video magenta lines running all Video card fail, how to replace? over my screen possibly because I ve disabled my graphics card I m assuming my card failed last night because after my whole system froze It froze with thin blue and red lines going all over the Video card fail, how to replace? place I did a hard reboot After that the computer would continuously reboot itself until I put it into safe mode and disabled the graphics card When I enable it the system shuts down then restarts with it disabled If I do get a new card how on earth do I go about replacing it And how do I figure out what is compatible with my pc Here are my specs Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Computer Model HP Pavilion a n now from dxdiag Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build System Manufacturer HP Pavillion System Model PX AA-ABA a n BIOS Phoenix - Award BIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory RAM DirectX Version Direct X c I don t know what information I m supposed to provide you guys with so I just put down what I thought might be required If I am missing anything or any info about how the card failed please say something nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

My onboard video is not up to snuff - it may or may not be the IGP video on the motherboard, but I would like to put a VIdeo card in and see how things look with a new video card to replace the onboard video.

Can anyone tell me what video card would be good (doesn't have to be high end), and also, what wattage power supply should I get and is there a vendor who has both? Perhaps on ebay, a recommended eMachines upgrade or something?

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for stuff on ebay. I guess it might be hard to find a PCI video card for such an old machine.

I realize that I will have to go into the Control Panel under Devices and disable the onboard chip before rebooting with the new card installed.

I guess I could use a PCI Express Graphics card or something like that?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129951-emachines-t6412-need-new-video-card-replace-igp.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,        Just wondering if it's possible to replace the motherboard of my laptop with a higher one? Or just the video card with a GTX and not a GT. Thanks in advance. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-571G-73ZJ) Intel Core i7-5500UNvidia GeForce GT 940M8GB DDR3L 

A:Replace/Upgrade motherboard and video card?

video card is possible but more is not feasible, however checks your video card it is not welded, if welded is not possible to change the video card and if not welded still have more of a problem, you should check your motherboard supports other type of plate to be installed and also if the driver will be compatible with your motherboard. Already the motherboard if the same model that its possible ée yes replace the motherboard to get a good upgrade, Best Buy and even better that is more viable. I have helped (Used Translator)

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Replace-Upgrade-motherboard-and-video-card/td-p/444828/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

Based on my specs Windows Pro OS Sp CPU x Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics Motherboard Biostar - Tp XE ver RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB replace card 8800gts video Nvidia -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL X of these equal to Gig total RAM two seagate drives setup as RAID I want to replace this card with a replace Nvidia 8800gts video card newer less bulky one and get more added performance with less power I have a watt PSW as well plenty of power I was thinking of going to ATI due to lots of complaints with nvidia drivers also i have noticed after i install the latest nvidia drivers i see mouse lag when installing apps or whatever maybe an issue based on complaints i have seen on Forums i dont want to use SLI or crossfire as i do not need that much GPU performance YET i just play games etc on my box any advice is appreciated thanks

A:replace Nvidia 8800gts video card

What's your concern about power and bulky? As long as it fits and works....

I ask because Watts wise, to go less with better card, Radeon HD 7790 is your best bet for AMD card, but if you want very good performance you go 78xx+ series where the watts will start at nearly the same as where you are now.

Card size wise, varies greatly, I have an old 8800 GTS (G92) myself, a bit of a beast... my 7950 fit just fine.

7790 wise here's the 2gig version to snag if you decide to go that way:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125454

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/293372-replace-nvidia-8800gts-video-card.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok, I recently got a computer from a friend and I love to play FPS (Counter-Strike) but one problem. I have a out dated video card and I only get around 10-30 fps (frames per second) in the game. Soo! I'm looking for a new video card but all the ones I look at are built different and wont fit into my computer. I tried a ATi Rage 128 Pro but it doesnt fit right. I have heard that the geforce 2 mx will fit fine but im not sure if it will or not =x So I want to know if anyone know's if it will be fine or ill have to upgrade (not sure how). Please help me.

- Chris

A:Stealth 3 Savage 4 video card (i want to replace) help!

There are two kinds of slots in newer computers, PCI and AGP. The PCI slots are white, the one AGP slot (if present) is brown and above the white PCI slots. If you have an AGP slot, buy an AGP card since they are somewhat faster. If you don't have an AGP slot, you'll have to make sure the card you buy is a PCI card. It will say on the box what kind of video card it is.

Older computers have ISA slots...they're usually at the bottom of the motherboard and they're black. ISA is outmoded technology and is slow so don't let anybody try to palm off an old ISA card on you. It'll be old because nobody makes ISA cards anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stealth-3-savage-4-video-card-i-want-to-replace-help.285592/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an HP Pavillion Ze5734us and I just upped my ram with a 512MB chip and thought it would improve gaming, but NOPE!! and now I bought Battlefield 2 and I can't even play it because my Video Card isn't strong enough...

How do I know what video card to get and also, where can I find how to swap them out?

THANKS!!

(I currently have 702 MB Ram, and Radeon IGP 34M video card...)

A:Battlefield 2 Unplayable, Video Card? Replace?

well you should get a 9800 pro or a 6600gt, those cards would be good enough to handle it and cost less than 200 dollars. taking out video cards and replacing them is really easy. all you do is unscrew the card from the case and pull it strait out, then get the new card and push it into the slot. most of the newer graphics cards have to be connected to the power supplys also, it should say how to do it in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-2-unplayable-video-card-replace.29400/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell xps m170 laptop, service tag H5SMH91, with a dead video card, trying to find out just video card I can replace it with, Price is a factor here.,,, Dont really want to take i hit in in the video performance, but ,,,,,, like I said price is an issue,,, help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-video-card-in-laptop-replace-with.865814/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,        Just wondering if it's possible to replace the motherboard of my laptop with a higher one? Or just the video card with a GTX and not a GT. Thanks in advance. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-571G-73ZJ) Intel Core i7-5500UNvidia GeForce GT 940M8GB DDR3L 

A:Replace/Upgrade motherboard and video card?

video card is possible but more is not feasible, however checks your video card it is not welded, if welded is not possible to change the video card and if not welded still have more of a problem, you should check your motherboard supports other type of plate to be installed and also if the driver will be compatible with your motherboard. Already the motherboard if the same model that its possible ée yes replace the motherboard to get a good upgrade, Best Buy and even better that is more viable. I have helped (Used Translator)

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor.Acer Aspire 5733 - 6668 Core I3 4GB 1066 2X2,HD 500 , Windows 10 Pro Insider 19393.5

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Replace-Upgrade-motherboard-and-video-card/td-p/444828
Relevancy 64.93%

My Toshiba laptop's NVIDIA cards needs replacing. I purchased one on-line and want to
know if I should attempt to replace it myself, or bring it to one of those computer repair stores that charge $159.00/hr?
I am pretty handy and if it doesn't require me to remove most of the "guts" I think I might be able to do it.

Toshiba Satellite, Windows/XP 512MB model 5105 S501. 40 gb drive.

Relevancy 64.5%

I want to increase system RAM to 32GB.  Will this require Windows 10? I currently have Windows 7 Home Premium.Will this Kingston RAM work:Memory Size 8 GBMemory Technology DDR3 SDRAMMemory Speed 1600 MHzMemory Standard DDR3-1600/PC3-12800Error Checking ECCSignal Processing Registered Also, I want to be able to run 2 - 28" UHD monitors at or near full resolution.  What Graphics card would someone recommend? I understand that the card should have at least one DisplayPort.  HP originally had, as an option, the GeForce GTX 680 GPU. So I guess that should work. My system has the i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4 GHz Thanks for help with any known RAM/Cards that work on this system. And additional thanks for suggestions on whether I need to upgrade to Windows 10 to make all this work along with any Bios changes that may need to be made.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Increase-memory-to-maximum-AND-replace-video-card-with-one/td-p/5759154
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a HP 6005 Pro SFF with a 240W PS, and I would like to upgrade its video card.  It has an ATI Radeon HD 4200.    One HP Forum person (Paul Tikkanen) recommended an upgrade for a 6005 using an optional video card for the HP 6200 Pro SFF:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121439&cm_re=hd_6450-_-14-121-439-_-Product Please confirm this also works for the 6005.  If I replace it, can I actually remove the Radeon 4200 and replace it directly to same motherboard's slot space to save PCI Expansion slot space, or must I use the PCI Express 16x Expansion slot?   If so, is the procedure for direct replacement documented anywhere?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Replace ATI Radeon HD 4200 Video Card to Upgrade Graphics fo...

Hi: The ATI Radeon HD 4200 Video in your PC is the integrated graphics chip according to page 14 of the quickspecs at the link below. In other words, the graphics adapter is a chip soldered to the motherboard.  It is not in any expansion slot. http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/HP%20Compaq%206005%20Pro%20Business%20PC%20Quick%20Specs.pdf The dedicated PCI express x16 slot should be empty right now, and that is where you would install the card I recommended. I see no reason why the HD 6450 wouldn't work.  It works in the dc7800, dc7900, 6000 Pro, 6200 pro, 8000 Elite, 8100 Elite and 8200 Elite business desktop PC's. You just need to make sure you uninstall the HD 4200 graphics adapter and driver in the device manager.  Also check the uninstall driver box. Also uninstall the catalyst control center software in the add/remove programs section of the control panel, shut down and unplug the PC, install your new video card and driver for the 6450. Here is the link to the service manual. See chapter 2 pp 20 - 25 for expansion card installation procedures, paying particular attention to the PCIe x16 slot info. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01870938

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-ATI-Radeon-HD-4200-Video-Card-to-Upgrade-Graphics/td-p/5760643
Relevancy 63.21%

Strange problem with my Satellite A200-1QZ:
Seems to get no power (not even mains LED). So I tried to disassemble an find a fault.
Now I found out, that without video card the led lights when power supply is plugged in, as well as the battery led signals charging. the
power-on-botton works, but without video card, ram, hdd etc. there is no real aktivity.

Can anyone help me with the diagnostics?
Is it possible to plug in any A200 video card or does it only run with the right one (ATI HD2600)?
Are there parts on the graphic board that might cause the fault and could be replaced?

Thanks a lot for any help!
acg

A:Satellite A200 - no power LED unless video card is unplugged - replace or repair it?

It’s really pity that this great oldie Satellite A200 developed a fault.
I’ve got an old Satellite A210 and its still running… really great device…

However, back to you issue: as far as I know you cannot upgrade or exchange the GPU with another different one… the BIOS would not support it… so in case your GPU or motherboard is faulty, the part must be replaced and from my knowledge this could be really costly affair.
I guess an good working 2nd hand Satellite A200 would be a better choice as to spend some money for a fix…

But this is just my personal opinion…

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84147-Satellite-A200-no-power-LED-unless-video-card-is-unplugged-replace-or-repair-it
Relevancy 54.61%

i have been on my new motherboards website for the qvl for the ram and i got several companies but dont know which are teh best. the ones that are on teh list are as follows, qimonda, samsung, hynix, micron, corsair, crucial, apacer, transend and mushkin. the motherboard i got is an asus striker extreme and i want goot ram with 1 sticks of 1024 so i will have 2 gig of duel channel ram. also what is a really goot graphics card. i always go for nvidia but dont know who make the best boards. i tried gainward but i had nothing but trouble with them so anyting other than them would be good. also i have to be able to get them in the UK.

cheers guys

A:DDR2 RAM & Graphics card

Remember memory has to be matched for dual ram set-up.
Crucial or Corsair are excellent ram.
As you have an Asus board look for Asus graphic cards or BFG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-ram-graphics-card.582100/
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm upgrading my gfx card, it is Nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 pro.
I bought a geforce fx5200 256mb ddr pci.
I just figured out that i bought the wrong bus ( i needed agp ).
Now i just realized when i looked up my config, that i could have the wrong ram.

is the ram that is listed with my gfx card the same kind on my motherboard?
I also show sd ram for my current card.
I show that my regular ram style is pc800 rdram.
what is the diff? Do I have ram here, n ram there?

here's my config if you need it
http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/mcc.asp?sn=0024704529

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Guys While I know what I can buy I ve often found that asking you guys what I SHOULD buy has led to me getting much better bang for my buck so you know here goes I on ;) Card/CPU Fan/DDR2 Advice Mem Graphics recently upgraded my Mobo to a Gigabyte UD P and my processor to a X and am looking to soon upgrade my Advice on Graphics Card/CPU Fan/DDR2 Mem ;) PSU to a Corsair W It was suggested I wait for DX but I m going to Uni soon and if I don t spend this money now I might not have it when they do eventually seemingly like never release So now I m interested in buying myself a DX card xD I ve been predominately a nVidia man but as this board does ATI Crossfire I was thinking it d make sense to get a ATI card only I have no idea what I m doing in this area I ve never understood their numbering So yeah mainly what DX ATI card should I get Or is their a better nVidia offering given I might never crossfire anyway Secondly I m using the stock fan for the CPU now but obviously this can be seriously overclocked with a decent fan anyone recommend anything that would enable me to clock it up reasonably CPU case recommendations are good too as that s the next step Obviously I could do with upgrading my memory at the moment XP has a limit of GB and I have GB installed but it s only Mhz and this board does it up to Mhz Plus they re in x GB config so making it two sticks or one would be a good idea I think as a final upgrade Thoughts Summary - DX Card ATI looking to spend about ish - CPU Fan looking to spend about - ish - DDR RAM looking for Gig of approximately whatever speed RAM I can bang for buck important - Cases About to Thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

My graphics card is DDR2, my Ram is DDR3, does this matter? Thanks

A:DDR2 Graphics Card with DDR3 Ram?

No. The system RAM and GPU operate independently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-graphics-card-with-ddr3-ram.1034626/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of buying a GT220 with the following specs:
PNY GT 220 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
I have a HPXW4300 Desktop Workstation, with Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, Im not sure of any other details as I dont know much about PC's. but if there is additional information needed, I will try to supply it to the highest accuracy. I just wanted to know wether this Graphics Card would work with my PC?
Thanks for reading.

Relevancy 53.75%

Is this considered value RAM? I bought 2gigs of it for $50, installed it and it is defaulting to DDR-667. Seemed like a steal at the time

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820134583

I had to manually go into BIOS and up the voltage and increase the clock - It is now at DDR-800
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And while were at it, newegg.com advertises this http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820134583
as SLI ready, but I do NOT see where you would hook up the SLI cable. Anybody?
Just a few kinks with the new build

A:Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel De

From the newegg comments:

I feel as like I should clear up the confusion about this memory. This ram is programed to default to DDR2-667 at 1.8volts instead of the DDR2-800 at 2volts. This is because most motherboards default to 1.8v, and it would suck if you were trying to build a new computer and you couldn't boot because your memory only ran at 2v. That's why kingston made it so you can run it at 1.8v(although at a slower speed) and change it to 2v later. YOU NEED TO MANUALLY SET THE VOLTAGE TO 2VOLTS AND SPEED TO DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12 IN THE BIOS. If you don't do this then you are wasting good memory. If you don't believe me then read the data sheet here: http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX6400D2LLK2_2G.pdfClick to expand...

So that makes sense...

Also I think your 2nd link is the same as your first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-hyperx-2gb-2-x-1gb-240-pin-ddr2-sdram-ddr2-800-pc2-6400-dual-channel-de.97219/
Relevancy 53.32%

I dont get why there are DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 (I think it goes to 4).

Like they all go in PCI-Xpress 16x slots. Will all of them work with a PCI-express 16x slot?
Wouldnt it be best to get the fastest DDR RAM? Or do you want it to match your PC?

IE: I use PC3200 400mhz ddr ram for my pc, would my video card wanna be just ddr?

A:Video Cards, ddr, ddr2, ddr3, ddr4? Does something matter here?

Well the memory on the card has nothing to do with the memory on the computer. the memory on the card act like the memeory on the computer. It will store thing there for faster access. So the faster the memory faster the resaults.
It just like regular memory but geared toward video cards. It just different speed of memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-ddr-ddr2-ddr3-ddr4-does-something-matter-here.524519/
Relevancy 53.32%

ok i understand ddr3 cards have a better clock speed but if i get one with a higher mb like 512 and ddr2 instead of 256 with ddr3 someone explain these to me in deatil please times is running out!

A:ddr2 & ddr3 video cards and clock speeds?

No-more is not always better. Since time is of the essence:
256MB dedicated ram (no hyper-memory or turbo trash crap)
GDDR3 (if not GDDR4)
256bit memory bus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-ddr3-video-cards-and-clock-speeds.85863/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is the link of my motherboar....... http://vr-zone.com/articles/xfx-unveiled-intel-g31-based-xg31i-board/6218.html?doc=6218

I want to know whether I can use a DDR3 Graphics card on my DDR2 motherboard and if its certain to work. Please provide detail and whether it'll be compatible.

A:Can a DDR3 graphics card run in a DDR2 Motherboard?

The DDR2 slots on the motherboard refer to the desktop RAM sticks. GDDR3 on a graphics card doesn't make any difference, it's the connector (PCI Express 2.0 probably) that slots into the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-ddr3-graphics-card-run-in-a-ddr2-motherboard.202813/
Relevancy 53.32%

hi. i just got a new graphics card from Ebay: geforce 7300gt pci with 256 mb. i used to have a geforce fx5500 pci wit 128 mb. the 5500 fit perfectly but the new one does not. does this have to do with the new one being ddr2? i dont know how to check my motherboard, but it is inside a dell computer. So does ddr2 graphics cards require some other kind of motherboard? thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

hi, im looking to buy a new grpahics card for my comp. i was wondering will a nvidia ddr2 graphics card work on a motherboard that only hold ddr1 ram

thank you in advance,
max

A:DDR2 graphics card on ddr motherboard will it work?

Yep. Graphics RAM has absolutely nothing to do with System RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-graphics-card-on-ddr-motherboard-will-it-work.101302/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK... I know this has come up a lot, but I can't seem to find what the answer I am looking for.
I am trying to figure out if my motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MS-7025 Motherboard http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=587 Link for motherboard
Can run this graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130419

I have searched in Google, and asked my friends and they could not tell me.
Please and Thank You

Relevancy 52.46%

I have got an issue regarding Graphic Card, I found out at Yahoo answers that the Graphic card's RAM(Memory) has nothing to do with motherboard's RAM but I'm not sure if it was true.
So my question is can I have a DDR2 Graphic Card on my motherboard which supports only DDR1 RAM ?
My Computer Specifications are as follows :

Elitegroup Motherboard p4m800-m7
Processor : Intel P4
Memory : 570 MB DDR SDRAM
Supports AGP 8x n has 3 PCI slots

Motherboard Link :

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...=1&DetailName=Specification&MenuID=44&LanID=0

Can someone suggest me a graphic card for this configuration please..
I'm gonna use graphics for Gaming as well as Designing
I'm looking for Nvidia GeForce, however u can suggest me other alternatives as well .
Also what is the difference between DDR1 n DDR2 Graphic Card and can I use DDR2 Graphic Card on a DDR1 RAM Motherboard ??

A:Is DDR2 Graphic card compatible with DDR1 Motherboard ??

The card and board are independent and don't affect one another. DDR2 is faster memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-ddr2-graphic-card-compatible-with-ddr1-motherboard.835881/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 52.03%

...can it be replaced with PC2 5300 DDR2 CL5 DDR2 SODIMM. Will my computer explode if I use it? It's a IBM Lenovo 3000, 1.5ghz, w/Intel Celeron M. Thank you

A:My system uses PC2 4200 DDR2 CL4 NP DDR2 SODIMM

Go here and on the right,.. click Scan My System http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-system-uses-pc2-4200-ddr2-cl4-np-ddr2-sodimm.509994/
Relevancy 52.03%

A friend of mine is upgrading his computer. He has an XFX 680i lt sli motherboard. What is better in RAM: 2gb at 800mhz or 4gb at 667mhz? He has XP. Also, should he get ECC ram, buffered ram, or normal ram? He wants to play games such as WoW, DIablo II, and maybe Crysis.

A:Ram question: ddr2 4gb at 667mhz or ddr2 2gb at 800mhz?

Four. You definitely notice a 100% difference in amount over 25% in memory speed - which isn't really noticeable anyway.

That mainboard uses normal DDR2 memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-ddr2-4gb-at-667mhz-or-ddr2-2gb-at-800mhz.93671/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have a nvidia geforce 6200 256mb g-ram card which fits into the agp x8 slot.

when im in the middle of things say aim or the internet etc i get lost of red blocks and shapes flying all over the screen, if i move the card about a bit while switched on they do sometimes stop and all is back to normal, im not sure if this is to do with heating or the slot itself?

any suggestions

cheers

A:NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256mb ram 64bit ddr2 graphics card 8X AGP slot

Something is loose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-6200-256mb-ram-64bit-ddr2-graphics-card-8x-agp-slot.80409/
Relevancy 50.74%

My 9 year old has a dell optiplex 755 SFF, he is asking me to upgrade his video card so he can play games like minecraft and some games on steam.
We are on a budget and found this Sapphire radeon 6450 on newegg for $39.99
Will this work in his computer and allow him to play minecraft? steam?
www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx;cm_re=6450-_-14-102-933-_-Product&RandomID=1698470702508220150427173530

Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708702
Relevancy 50.31%

hello, ho can u switch form an installed videocard to an on-motherboard video card? help plz

A:question on switching installed video card and thse form an on-motherboard video card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-switching-installed-video-card-and-thse-form-an-on-motherboard-video-card.667949/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 1GB stick of pc4200 (533mhz) ram in my comp at the moment, which is an AMD dual core w/ a 2000mhz MT FSB, in an AMD M2N4-SLI motherboard. Im wondering whether it would be better to start off by buying pc6400 (800mhz) RAM or sticking with what i have, the question is would 4 sticks of RAM running at 533mhz which adds up to 2132mhz total (533mhz x 4sticks) be the same as 4x sticks of pc6400 since the FSB would handle them running the same speed (3200mhz total, much greater than the fastest the FSB can run which is 2000) is having the more powerful ram better if i have so much that the FSB cant handle the speed? Im not really knowledgable in this field so i thought id ask the pros.

heres a link to the motherboard:http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=323&model=1266&modelmenu=1

Relevancy 49.88%

I just purchased 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 MHZ RAM and installed it into my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H). I have tried fixing the problem by readjusting the vdimm voltage to 2.1 volts after reading on the G.Skill website that 2.1v is compatible with most motherboards. After doing so, I tried to change the settings in my BIOS to manual so i could reconfigure the RAM to a 1066 mhz option but the max still only shows as 800. Please help me out if you know any way i can change the frequency to the 1066 mhz my ram is actually supposed to be .

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I have Intel's D-915 processor, D102GCC2 Mob, 512 MB 533 Mhz DDR2 (UMAX)

I want to put another 1GB of DDR2 RAM in other slot. Can both work together well.

Also if I will go for 1Gb 667Mhz DDR2.. then ? Any problem..

Plz Suggest..

Thanx..............

A:can a 533MHz DDR2 RAM and 800 Mhz DDR2 RAM work together ?

If your motherboard is limited to 533 mhz then a 667mhz memory stick will be automatically underclocked to 533mhz, defeating the object of buying the faster ram. As for if 2 sticks of 512mb and 1gb work together side by side, I've never tried it but suspect it would work. If you get any problems, make sure you put the 1gb stick into the 1st memory slot (the slot your 512Mb stick is in at the moment) and put your old 512mb stick into the second slot. I remember reading that the CPU is happier running a bigger memory stick in the 1st slot. It may be an old wives talke, but its worth trying if you get problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-533mhz-ddr2-ram-and-800-mhz-ddr2-ram-work-together.633123/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade replace my current 2x2GB DDR2-667 modules with 2x2GB DDR2-1066 modules in a couple days but I'm wondering if I really need that!

I mainly write software and run linux on virtualbox on that particular machine and so far everything works really well but I'm looking forward to game a little on it as well, after a video card upgrade of course!

So, would I get like a reasonable performance increase with those ddr2-1066 modules or should I just forget about them and keep my current setup?

A:DDR2-667 to DDR2-1066 performance?

Does your motherboard support the DDR2-1066?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-667-to-ddr2-1066-performance.173140/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have an old laptop which has 4 gigs DDR2 using 2 channels, is there any adapter or linker which would allow me to connect my laptop memory to my desktop sized slot

A:DDR2 Laptop to Desktop DDR2

Yes. See Adapter / Tester : Laptop DDR2 200 pin SODIMM RAM to desktop DDR2 240 pin DIMM RAM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250078-ddr2-laptop-desktop-ddr2.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Im throwing together a machine for my GF.. I have a processor but need to get a socket 478 mobo.. The one I was looking at uses DDR2-400 memory and I have some DDR2-800 memory sticks laying around..

Will it work ok to use the DDR2-800 sticks on a mobo that accepts DDR2-400 memory?

A:Ok to put DDR2-800 memory on a DDR2-400 mobo?

"Typically" you can run faster memory in a machine rated for slower memory - the memory simply runs ate the mobo spec. That said, memory issues are always subjective to the varying tolerances of the memory itself and the motherboard.

I just combined 333 and 266 rated memory in a laptop that's spec'd at 266 - it flies with no issues.

I think you'll have no problems.

Just make double-sure that all the other specs are identical such as voltage, both unbuffered, both unregistered, same latency/speed specs e.g. 2-5-5-5, hopefully both with or both without SPD (or maybe all memory come with an SPD these days?).

Try to run it with the memory, it won't cause any damage. If you start getting errors/crashes, you know it doesn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ok-to-put-ddr2-800-memory-on-a-ddr2-400-mobo.97562/
Relevancy 49.88%

are they interchangeable?

if my board has DDR2, can i use the ddr2 dual channel?

Relevancy 49.02%

I just bought and replaced the CPU fan on one of our office computers because the old fan would occassionally get very noisy I took of the old fan for a socket latched on the new fan and plugged it in When I powered up the computer the fan worked and the HD light came on temporarily but that was it no video I connected another monitor that I know works and still the same thing In an attempt to test the video I plugged in a keyboard and started up the computer The lights on the keyboard blinked twice as usual but the number lock light never came on even though I left it on for a couple of minutes and the monitor was still blank Replace No - Fan Video Could it be that something happened to the CPU in the fan replacement process I Fan Replace - No Video was careful doing the replacement although I did have to push down a bit hard on the bar that comes through the fan to get it down far enough to latch What can I do to find out the problem short of buying another computer Fan Replace - No Video nbsp

A:Fan Replace - No Video

Just a quick question for confirmation....

you put some thermal paste on the CPU before re-applying the heatsink with new fan right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-replace-no-video.35024/
Relevancy 47.73%

nbsp How do I change the card in my desktop PC nbsp I have uninstalled the AMD nbsp card removed replace the AMD graphics card to came the How PC? with that the driver and How to replace the AMD graphics card that came with the PC? removed the card so my PC is just using the onboard Intel graphics but when I try to put in my old GeForce GT card the PC just gives me three long beeps and short beeps over and over nbsp It wont nbsp respond to me holding down the esc nbsp or del nbsp keys while booting they both work fine without the GeForce in the slot nbsp People have suggested I need to change something in the BIOS first to disable the Intel graphics nbsp but I cannot see anything in there relating to that nbsp I admit to How to replace the AMD graphics card that came with the PC? being rather stupid in assuming that a new PC with newer graphics card with Gb RAM must be better than my ancient Gb GeForce but that seems to be the case - nbsp nbsp If there is a problem with using this particular card then suggestions for what would work better are welcome nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-replace-the-AMD-graphics-card-that-came-with-the-PC/td-p/5615492
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running Win 7 ultimate. Last night everything worked and I left it running, but this morning the machine was shut off and on restart it got the startup options (normal, save mode, etc.) and I had no sound.  I did a windows restore to yesterday and when that didn't help, I let windows update the driver. Since that didn't help, I downloaded the ????7ka403ww.exe from Lenovo, ran it and did the restart. Still no sound and the device manager was then listed as "High Definition Audio Device" When I let windows update the driver again it showed as SoundMax again.  What is it supposed to be? I do have an old T61 for spare parts and could replace the sound card if that's what it is and I can figure out how.     

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Replace T61 sound card?

The sound card is not replaceable. DO you get sound from the headphone jack? Also is your internal speaker selcted as the primary playback device in your control panel? Also is your restore a complete factory restoration or just restore to a previously backed up point.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Replace-T61-sound-card/td-p/803885
Relevancy 47.73%

Can I replace the Realtec RTL8723BE wireless card in this laptop with one capable of 5G wireless?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Replace-wireless-card/td-p/5807788
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey I ve had a bit of trouble replacing my graphics card Annoyingly this isn t even a Solved: to Trying GFX replace card new card it s an old Solved: Trying to replace GFX card one that the rather dodgy shop didn t transfer when they moved all my parts to a new case with a new motherboard At first I struggled to actually find Solved: Trying to replace GFX card where in the case the graphics card would fit it turns out I had to punch out a metal bracket first It seems like my current graphics card is built directly into the motherboard or something as the graphics card slot was free Motherboard N Current GFX Card according to DirectX Diagnosis ATI Radeon Xpress series GFX Card I want back nVidia Geforce FX Lancer - - M Picture A shows where my monitor plugs in where I m assuming there is some form of GFX card built into the motherboard Picture B shows my quot new quot graphics card from the outside after I tried to put it in I tried plugging my monitor in here and I got nothing Picture C shows my quot new quot graphics card from the inside It was very tough to get in as there was no little lever that I ve seen in instructional videos and it didn t seem to want to fit In fact I m worried I won t be able to get it out Right now the quot new quot graphics card is still in my computer doing nothing but I m still plugged into the old one Can anyone help me get this set up properly Thanks - Danjb nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I am about to upgrade from Xp S/p 3 to Windows 7 and need to replace my Intel 82865G graphics card, but I don't know which one to go for. Any suggestions? My system details are :- 3.00 ghtz Intel P 4, Micro-Star Bus, clock 200Mghz. I am not a 'gamer' but use the for a cam-corder. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 47.73%

Slow internet then none. Had comcast hard wire my computer (they stated my wifi card went bad)  but would still like to make sure computer is capable of wifi should it become necessary.

A:My wifi card went out. What do I replace it with? Are there ...

Hi: The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external usb wireless network adapter. This is the one I use on 3 of my HP business desktop PC's that are running W10. It is dual band as well, so it works on both the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 Ghz wireless bands. https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-wifi-card-went-out-What-do-I-replace-it-with-Are-there/td-p/5736848
Relevancy 47.73%

hey
this is my first post...and first of all just wanted to say hello, and this is a pretty awesome site.
I recently bought a laptop (HP Pavilion DV 1000) for college. It has a Mobile Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Card. I bought this computer knowing that i would not be able to play a lot of new games such as Counter Strike Source which i played a lot on my home computer. Now i am regretting this decision and am trying to figure out if it is possible to change my graphics card. The thing is it is integrated with my mother board and according to HP its not possible to change this. But i figure there is prolly some way to change the graphics card and was wondering if you guys knew how to do this?
thanks in advance for any help....

A:Possible to replace my graphics card?

Check the motherboard and see if it has a AGP slot. Way of knowing this is that it will be the first slot(closest to CPU) and it will be positioned farther to the right than the other slots. IF your computer has one you can turn off the integrated video in your BIOS and install that one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-to-replace-my-graphics-card.37782/
Relevancy 47.73%

I would like to replace my graphics card. I don't know if I can at all and if I could I want to replace it with the EVGA 750 Ti graphics card. If I can't replace it with that card then can someone suggest any others.

A:Can I replace my graphics card?

Hi, No change is possible, AMD A10-5750M and Radeon HD 8650G are together in the same chip. A10-5750M is the most powerful processor supported by which already have the most powerful in terms of CPU and graphic chip that supports the motherboard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-replace-my-graphics-card/td-p/5713288
Relevancy 47.73%

So I've had an Acer v5 522p for just over a year now, and within the past 2 months, the wifi has gone from bad, to horrible, and yesterday, to non-existant. I've done what every other thread on this board, and other boards have said: reinstalling drivers, disabling bluetooth, disabling the power management on the wifi adapter, and I even did a factory reset. Nothing. So, I'm now looking to either buy a USB wifi adapter, or preferably just get a new wifi adapater card and replace the Atheros AR5BWB222. But, I have no idea whether the motherboard has a whitelist on replacing wifi cards or not, any thoughts? Thanks!

A:Can I replace my wifi card?

Hi,Sorry for the Wifi Issue, Yes the Wifi Card in this model is replacable,. Wifi Mini Card,. You could get the same from nearby Computer stores, I would go for USB receiver as its simple to use. Cheers.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Can-I-replace-my-wifi-card/td-p/349558/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I have an OptiPlex 9010 with onboard Display Port & VGA
I am trying to hookup a new 58 inch Samsung TV which only has 2 hdmi ports and composite & component.
I need both hdmi for laptop hookups so I can't use them for the Dell 9010.
I want to run VGA to either the composite or the component.
Will the onboard VGA do this?
I have a cable like this:

A:Does my OptiPlex 9010 video card support S-Video or Composite Video out through its VGA port

Quilty-MUN,The adapter in the image should work for your purpose connecting to the TV.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19996340
Relevancy 47.3%

I have recently replace my power supply because it would not power up. So I replaced it not it turns on but no video. The HD light comes on so it seems as if it is working. Do you think the video card went bad and I should replace it or is the MOBO needs replace? Or maybe something else.

Please advise on how to fix this.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there

It seems that the new "Standard" video streaming codec for 1080p full HD will be H265 instead of H264 -- advantage of this is that apparently for the same quality file size will be 50% less -- great for those with either capped usages or slow downloads or even for those who watch streamed video on their mobile phones (Sky sports for example using the Sky Go service !!).

Anybody know when we can start seeing this codec go mainstream.

Looks like you might need a new phone however -- unless Samsung etc can release a Firmware update --no reason why they shouldn't but corporate greed might rear it's ugly head again and require us to buy new ones even though the latest set of smart phones are absolutely first class.

The h.265 codec is finally complete, here's why it's going to matter

Cheers
jimbo

A:H265 to replace H264 for video streaming

looks good , ,low bandwidth and size ,with quality, being the best benefit i guess ,not for me though , i still use a flip phone that i cant even get the pictures off of ,and a desktop computer ,lol

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19117-h265-replace-h264-video-streaming.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All I have uploaded several music videos to YouTube that I have made from mp s and jpg s using quot Windows Movie Maker quot I have recently Version? To Uploaded Replace Youtube Possible Is New It A With Video My discovered a way of making the sound in these videos high quality stereo so I want to replace the original videos I have uploaded with new better quality Is It Possible To Replace My Uploaded Youtube Video With A New Version? ones But I can t see how What I ve done with some of them is to delete the old video and upload a new one giving it exactly the same name and information as the old one but the problem is that all the comments and view quot counts quot that existed for the original video get deleted too So I just Is It Possible To Replace My Uploaded Youtube Video With A New Version? want to update the video Is this possible I ve tried accessing the YouTube quot remixer quot http www youtube com ytremixer but I always get the error message quot Unable to connect to remote service quot so I don t know if this facility would do what I want to do I m hoping someone will say quot Yes that ll do it but you must wait until it s available in your area quot That would be nice nbsp

A:Is It Possible To Replace My Uploaded Youtube Video With A New Version?

Somnamna said:

I'm hoping someone will say "Yes, that'll do it but you must wait until it's available in your area". That would be nice Click to expand...

They probably look at your location and conclude if you can't say it you can't do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-replace-my-uploaded-youtube-video-with-a-new-version.690339/
Relevancy 47.3%

Name Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip Type Intel R G Graphics controller DAC Type Internal Approx Total memory mb Current display mode x bit hz Monitor plug can get were graphics card this? to an replace external i and play monitor My question is can i get a better graphics card i want to be able to upgrade to atleast mb because right now on counterstrike i am getting - ftps and i want atleast ftps so it is actuly smooth thank you for your help any additional information regarding were i can were can i get an external graphics card to replace this? buy this how much it will be what ftps i will have if i upgrade to mb or if i upgraded to mb thank you vary much have a nice day and THANK YOU and i dont know of this will help but here it is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Memory were can i get an external graphics card to replace this? MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF-A C- A A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description SoundMAX Digital Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name smwdm sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Analog Devices HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management Yes EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm Yes Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description Modem Line Playback emulated Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type Emulated Driver Name Driver Version Driver Attributes WHQL Logo d Date and Size Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description SoundMAX Digital Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name smwdm sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x ... Read more

A:were can i get an external graphics card to replace this?

External video cards do not exist. If your system is a desktop (versus a laptop), you can get a much, much better graphics card to go in a AGP/PCI/PCI-E slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/were-can-i-get-an-external-graphics-card-to-replace-this.654535/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I thought it was impossible to install a discrete graphics card inside a HP omni 27 because the fan pipes get in the way! Please can you shed some light onto this?

A:replace graphic card in HP omni 27

Hi, Please let us know what is your HP omni 27 ? It must be HP omni 27-xxxx . Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/replace-graphic-card-in-HP-omni-27/td-p/5507007
Relevancy 47.3%

Sorry to be posting so often lately, but I'm about to dive into some serious work; & need some advice. A few months ago, I added a secondary hard drive to my system (A Dell 700; & the drive was a Maxtor 60GB.) I do a lot of work with digital multitracking; & use the drive exclusively for audio files. The drive was an ATA/133, which I was told will work in my ATA/100 system (& it does.) Now, my primary drive is getting noisy & slow; & I purchased another Maxtor, a 40GB; & also a 133. My questions are: A) Now that both drives are going to be 133's, will they both work in my 100 system?; & B) Should I upgrade the card to a 133 anyway? I am running 512MB of SD/RAM, but with a PIII 700, what should I do, stay with the 100 card or upgrade to the 133. Thanks.

mark4man

Relevancy 47.3%

I bought this PC just over a year ago now it was working fine for roughly half a year but on world of warcraft i started seeing distorted graphics I ve endured by Alt-Tabbing out of wow and Distortion, card ? replace Graphics back in which fixes the issue for a couple of minutes but the problem has become increasingly worse so that i am now unable to play at times My initial reaction is that the problem is with my graphics card i would like to know any other possible problems before i decide to replace it I have tried cleaning out my computer and I ve ensured i have the latest driver but I m unsure how to check if my graphics card is overheating I have also tried lowering all the graphics settings enabling vertical sync etc Graphics Distortion, replace card ? none of this works Here is my computer here are some examples of what happens to my graphics some are truly bizzare and i see new ones every day this is the most extreme where i cant see anything this is the most common thing i see the model in this case the ogre is distorted and now one of the weird ones the ground has gone pink nbsp

A:Graphics Distortion, replace card ?

first thing i'd say would be, update your drivers, there should be new ones on the nvidia website. if that doesnt help then it could be overheating, as far as i remember the GS doesnt have a cooling fan (please correct me if i'm wrong on that somebody)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-distortion-replace-card.99484/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm trying to hook this PC up to an audio receiver and need optical out. I can't use HDMI because I'm using the Display Port. And you can't use both.
So can I install a new sound card such as the Sound Blaster Z and just ignore the integrated sound card? 
Thank you.

A:XPS 8900 Can I replace the sound card?

Any PCIe x1 sound card will work. The one we validated was =Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe x1, Dell part number J75NW
* Reboot the XPS 8900* Press F2 to enter the Bios* Go to System Configuration* Go to Audio* Remove the check from "Enable Audio"* Click Apply- Exit* Boot into windows* Click Start- Shutdown- Shutdown- Ok* Disconnect the XPS 8900 power cable* Lay the XPS 8900 on its right side* Remove the left side cover* Install the PCIe x1 sound card in the shorter black slot* Replace the left side cover* Stand the XPS 8900 up* Reconnect the XPS 8900 power cable* Power on* Once into windows, install the sound card drivers. When done, restart the XPS 8900

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19679808
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I purchased a Pavilion 15-ab157nr some time ago and have experienced several problems with the internet connection. I believe that they come from the adapter card, a Realtek RTL8723BE. I would like to upgrade to a better card, but I cannot find any information on what might work as a replacement. Is there a known whitelist for this model? I found the "star wars special edition" service manual but I am not sure if this would be applicable to my model. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Replace-wifi-card-in-15-ab157nr/td-p/5732741
Relevancy 47.3%

I am getting warnings that my nvidia ge force 7150m/n force 630m has stopped, It then restartsok. I am affraid it will go out & am wondering if i can replace the graffics cacrd.

A:replace original graphics card

Hi @ww525468,Welcome to the HP Forums! I read from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion dv9610us Notebook and the NVIDIA GeForce G0 7510M graphics.  I have done some reading on this and some suggest it is something running in the back ground on the Notebook that will not allow the resources to be used for the NVIDIA to work correctly.  Most suggest a Virus Protection Program. Have you tried to disable the Virus Protection Program? Have you tried to see what processes are running in the Back Ground? Pressing Ctrl Alt and delete will bring up the Task Manager. You could try: In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.  You might need to reload the defaults on the BIOS. Here is a link that will help do that. Please get back to me how this goes. Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/replace-original-graphics-card/td-p/5599990
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi new to replacing a graphic card. I have Intel and want to replace the graphic with a geforce fx 5500 but don't know what to take out and where to put it in. Please help these are my specs.

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
Currently Installed Memory: 512MB
Available Memory Slots: 1
Number of Banks: 2
Dual Channel Support: No
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz Model 4, Stepping 1
CPU Speed: 2799 MHz

Relevancy 47.3%

It's apparent that my laptop's graphic card is messed up. When the computer is switched on, the screen first goes white an after a long time, half the screen turns black.I'm forced to switch off the main power then. My laptop is an HP one, 2.0 Ghz,2 gb ram and 128 MB Nvidia AMD graphics. I bought it in late 2007. I heard it's not possible to replace graphic card; but how can I check whether it can be replaced ? It has an expansion port on it's left side and a slot in the right side.

Also, how much long will it to take replace it (at the repair store I mean) ?

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm trying to change my graphics card. Right now I'm running on VIA/S3G Unichrome Integrated Graphics. I want to change it for a nVidia Geforce2 MX (32 or 64mb). When I put the nVidia in and try to turn it on the monitor stays blank. The light on it flashes like it always has before boot. The monitor never changes from that though. All the fans and everything is working, it just won't display anything. It has done this before...like when OCing too high or just putting a setting to the wrong place. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP!!...I have already tried changing the settings from PCI to AGP and still no help. I've even taken away all the shared memory for the integrated one while having it agp and then I had to reset my CMOS to get it to boot right again. please help..

A:Replace Graphics Card = No Signal

this may sound stupid, but are you hooking the monitor into the right spot? you might be in the habit of hooking the monitor into your old device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-graphics-card-no-signal.23598/
Relevancy 47.3%

hii need to increase my Helix first gen memory. I want to install a second msata SSDthere are 3 cards installed on Helix:-msata ssd-wireless card-3g card (WWAN) i want to remove the 3g card (WWAN) as i do not use it. As you can see on https://support.lenovo.com/br/pt/documents/~/media/Images/ContentImages/h/helix_wlan.ashx It seems like the 3g card is attached via cable (not directly).What is the name of this cable? is there a way to connect this cable to a msata ssd card or some type of adapter including a microSD slot or something like that? thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Can-i-replace-my-WWAN-card-HELIX-1-GEN-for-ssd-msata/td-p/3317665
Relevancy 47.3%

ok i have a takes breath Name Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip Type Intel R G Graphics controller DAC Type Internal Approx Total memory mb Current display mode x bit hz Monitor plug and play monitor My question is can i get a better graphics card i want to be able to upgrade to atleast mb because right now on counterstrike i am getting - ftps and i want atleast ftps so it is actuly smooth thank you for your help any additional information regarding were i can buy this how much it will be what ftps i will have if i upgrade to mb or if i upgraded to mb thank you vary much have a nice day and THANK YOU and i dont know of this will help replace BAD graphics my i something Can newer? card with but here it is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Can i replace my BAD graphics card with something newer? Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF-A C- A A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description SoundMAX Digital Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name smwdm sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Analog Devices HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management Yes EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm Yes Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run Description Modem Line Playback emulated Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type Emulated Driver Name Driver Version Driver Attributes WHQL Logo d Date and Size Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description SoundMAX Digital Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name smwdm sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xCCC Description Modem... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an hp pavilion 533w and was wondering it there was any way to change out my graphics card even though it is integrated. Ive heard about disabling the integrated one and installing the new one but im not sure how to disable it. Sorry if this is a stupid question

:EDIT:
is this a decent graphics card? [right heeeeere]

A:Replace an integrated graphics card

You dont have an AGP slot so you are limited to PCI video cards. To change the video first remove the old video drivers in Add/Remove Programs, Turn off the computer and install the video card. Then boot into the BIOS and change Primary Video Adapter from onboard to PCI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-an-integrated-graphics-card.27861/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello.

I've a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M 7400 Notebook, with Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter. I want to replace this with Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200 BG Adapter.

Please advise if I can do that myself, and if yes, how to open the laptop, and where to find the adapter in there to replace.

Thanks
Mohit

A:Replace Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card

Hi, welcome to TechSpot

Since nobody has answered this thread, i will give a generic how-to-guide...
i have no experience with a fujitsu, but if it's like most laptops, there will be an access panel on the bottom of the case. it's usually a just 1 screw then it pulls up and out which will give you access to your mini PCI card.

mini-PCI cards lock in similar to laptop RAM sticks, there will be 2 locking tabs toward the top of the card, release them both at the same time and the card should "pop" up, then simply pull it out. it will be the opposite procedure to instal the new one

hope this helps... good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-wireless-lan-mini-pci-card.48410/
Relevancy 47.3%

Looking for instructions as to how to replace a wireless card in the toshiba satellite T135D-1325. Tried all other options, but card is not working - doesn't show up on device manager. I want to buy card and replace it myself.

Relevancy 47.3%

My desktop stopped connecting to the internet a few days ago following months of taking 20 minutes to connect (to Verizon FIOS). After discussing the problem with Verizon tech support, it appears that the problem is with my network card. Because our laptops connect just fine, I accept this conclusion. Here's my question - When I go thru control panel to my Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection and run diagnostics, it passes EEPROM, Control Registers, Interrupt, PHY Loopback & MAC Loopback. It fails Link. Now LINK is the ONLY item on the troubleshooting information page that does NOT say "If the test fails, replace the adapter". What it does say is to make sure the cables are securely attached and to try a different port, which I already did while talking w/Verizon.
Should I replace the adapter? Thanks, Velveedah
Dell Dimension 8300
Windows XP Pro

A:Solved: replace network card or not?

I would, they are cheap and its seems likely the issue is indeed with the network card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replace-network-card-or-not.855788/
Relevancy 46.87%

The wifi card on the lenovo G505s isn't good at all and I tried to replace it with a spare one I had from a previous laptop but I got that error. "Unauthorized network card is plugged in - power off and remove the mini pci network card" Can someone link me to some sort of list of the wifi cards that are whitelisted by Lenovo so I can buy one of those? Or tell me another brand of wifi card that I can buy that wont give me this error. Thanks.

A:Replace wifi card on lenovo g505s

hi sm222,

Sorry to hear what happened,

The Wifi card that you should use should be on the whitelist and it should have a Lenovo FRU tag on it.
This is the list

Technically the model should match together with the Lenovo FRU tag

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Replace-wifi-card-on-lenovo-g505s/td-p/1437731
Relevancy 46.87%

I have thought about getting a new card to start playing games a little more "seriously" but my graphics card isent quite up to par with gaming standards. I have an AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics and the display adaptor is AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G 4 GB RAM 64 bit Quad Core Windows 7. HP Pavilion DV6-6110us

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can I replace a Graphics card on a HP Pavilion DV6-6110us

Hi: They are just flat out stuck where they are. The only thing you can do is to make sure you have the latest graphics driver installed for best performance. Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-replace-a-Graphics-card-on-a-HP-Pavilion-DV6-6110us/td-p/1054703
Relevancy 46.87%

Been having some problems with my on-board gfx regularly crashing (cheers to Panais for the help BTW).

This is my motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M2N68-VM

Im looking for a gpu which is good and cheap. I don't use the PC for gaming, its general home & office use (internet) and I watch the odd video from time to time.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jacka

A:I need advice for new graphic card to replace my onboard

Hi

If you are never going to play games then an Nvidia GT520 (?40 ish) would be okay, if you think that you might want to play low end games, then a GTS 450 is a mid range card (?90 ish). (Spot the NVidia fan )

Have a look at these links:

MSI GeForce GT 520 1024MB GDDR3 PCIe

Novatech GeForce GTS 450 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/184334-i-need-advice-new-graphic-card-replace-my-onboard.html