Windows Support Forum

FX4100 OC trouble

Q: FX4100 OC trouble

Hi, my brother just bought an FX4100, it runs at idle 38C and at full load it runs 58C is that normal with the stock cooler?

He has tried using ASRock OC tuner to overclock but if he does even just a little the computer becomes unstable.

He is using Windows 7 x64 and an ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard, with a 650W PSU.

Is it even possible to OC with the stock cooler?

Could the instability be caused because I replaced the mobo, cpu, and ram without reinstalling windows?

Could it be because the cpu pins were slightly bent and I had to unbend them?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: FX4100 OC trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: FX4100 OC trouble

The stock cooler should be good enough for a small amount of overclocking. But, not for anything slightly serious.

The instability probably wasn't caused by the slightly bent pins. But, you're lucky it still works at all if the pins were indeed bent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fx4100-oc-trouble.191456/
Relevancy 55.47%

As the title says I plan on upgrading to the new AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX and would like to know if this new Processor is better or just as good as I got now. Also what's the difference between the 2. I'm new to the FX series CPU's
I have this CPU now AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb (OC 3.7GHz) Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX.
Thanks guys

A:AMD FX4100 or AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

What motherboard do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/222360-amd-fx4100-amd-phenom-ii-x4-955-black-edition.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Well, I want to upgrade my computer and I selected :

AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor
ASUS M5A78L-M LX Motherboard
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)

Had to fit it all in my budget. So is the configuration correct cause i doubt the Ram will work fine with the processor. Because the processor supports 1866 memory type and the Ram is 1333 memory type. Well i am not sure so any help will be appreciated. I got this info regarding the Ram and Processor memory type on flipkart. Here are the links.

Flipkart: Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G): Ram

Flipkart: ASUS M5A78L-M LX Motherboard: Motherboard

Flipkart: AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor: Processor

ThankYou in Advance

A:ASUS M5A78L-M LX Motherboard with AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor

The board may support DDR3-1866 memory, but the default frequency is lower (probably 1333).

If you want to play it very safe, buy memory from Asus' QVL (Qualified Vendors List). It's probably unnecessary, though.

ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A78L-M LX

(Actually, the QVL looks like it was copied from a different board. It lists memory configurations that the M5A78LM LX doesn't support, as it has only 2 DIMM slots.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221051-asus-m5a78l-m-lx-motherboard-amd-3-6-ghz-am3-fx4100-processor.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I tried looking this up, tried searching multiple ways and I am not getting an answer, so here I am.

Last night I cut 34.8 GB from one drive, pasted it to another. It said 50 minutes, I went to sleep. 8 hours later, it says 50 minutes remaining, so I hit cancel. It has now been canceling for around 30 minutes.

What can I do to stop this? Can I shut down? Will I lose all the stuff I'm moving?

A:Trouble pasting, trouble canceling paste

Hi valenz9,

My personal observation on above is that at times the system is stuck moving data if there are a large number of small sized files involved. It is usually advisable to copy and paste data first and then delete the unwanted data from older location for data security. However, as in your case you are already stuck moving the data and it is not responding anymore, I would suggest you to go ahead and End the copying process with the help of Task Manager (Right click on Taskbar and click Start Task Manager). Once you have killed the task, the data might be divided into two halves i.e. in old location and rest in new location. I would suggest you to utilize a third party data copying utility to copy the data in one place. Once such application is TeraCopy. Note that copying may take a long time if there are a lot of small files involved. Also, the program shared is neither recommended nor endorsed by Dell.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304295-trouble-pasting-trouble-canceling-paste.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have trouble whenever start windows the start button appears as a white box and nothing appears on the desktop just the (just the background, no icons nor the gadgets) then I tried starting it on safe mode and did system restore however when it does start the mouse pointer keeps on appearing as working in background. I tried virus scan with ESET and so far nothing is detected. Tried task manager and saw nothing running (aside from virus scan, explorer and firefox)

A:Mouse Pointer trouble and startup trouble

Run sfc/scannow, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198870-mouse-pointer-trouble-startup-trouble.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a N-Router system, and an HP Laptop, and they were working fine up until last night when I was trying to get my DSi onto my router. I was changing things blindly and I guess I didn't change something back. I don't know what I did, or even if I did anything. My laptop says there is a connection, although it won't connect to it, so I think the settings are messed up, but i've tried changing the settings over and over again.

I am using Windows 7, and I very much suck when it comes to computer terms when talking about them. Sorry.

I have a WNR2000 router.

Thank you. Tommy

Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all I hope someone can help but let me first start out by saying I m very computer illiterate and get very nervous about trying to Trouble, Trouble Video Now Audio fix the PC A couple of months ago my monitor screen would get a greenish-overlay to it then switch back to its regular appearance I can still read the screen it s just a green pall for lack of a better word on the screen I thought it was the Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble monitor and replaced the new monitor with an older one After booting up the computer the screen was normal until it reached a certain point in the startup and then it got the green overlay I ve unplugged the computer twice and when I ve turned it back on the screen starts normal and then gets the green overlay As if that weren t enough now today my audio has stopped working Video Trouble, Now Audio Trouble It worked fine last night so I don t know what happened The speaker icon in the tray has disappeared and I tried unplugging restarting and then plugging the speakers back in and nothing happened I removed the Audiotek drivers and restarted and the computer detected new hardware - Multimedia Audio Controller I selected Find Drivers and it tried looking online for a couple of minutes but came back and said it could not find any hardware for the device I know people will need more information to help so let me know what information is required and I will attempt to find it or ask how to find it Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-trouble-now-audio-trouble.128667/
Relevancy 31.39%

to explain:
I am running windows xp and use a via vinyl ac'97 soundcard.
Midi control responds only after restart and only works for a fraction of a second.
I use a gameport adapter to connect to midi keyboard.
using programs fruity loops and audiomulch, both most recent versions.
Bios says midi is up and running, as does device manager.
Any ideas?
Is there a midi buffer that i'm somehow overcrowding?
Should I be able to see midi volume control?
Thank You from Somalia

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/midi-trouble-mpu401-trouble.595092/
Relevancy 23.22%

HI found some trouble when scanning using spybot - DSO Actually all computers at home found it Is this a new virus more I think DSO - trouble and how do I get rid of it Thanks y'all in advance Here's my hijak this log MSIE Internet Explorer v SP more trouble I think - DSO Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Dell OpenManage Client ActionAgent exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan avsynmgr exeC DMI WIN bin DellDmi exeC Program Files Dell OpenManage Client EventAgt exeC Program Files Dell OpenManage Client DLT exeC Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exeC Program Files AccessManager PMAC sp SWIns more trouble I think - DSO exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wdfmgr exeC dmi win bin Win sl exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsStat exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Vshwin exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan more trouble I think - DSO Avconsol exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC WINDOWS System pctspk exeC Program Files Dell AccessDirect DadTray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files AccessManager Client AccessMgr exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC Waktu Solat waktusolat exeC Program Files RMClient PMCTray exeD antivirusresources HijackThis HijackThis exeO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run DadApp C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exeO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exeO - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXEO - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run JobHisInit C Program Files RMClient JobHisInit exeO - HKLM Run MplSetUp C Program Files RMClient MplSetUp exeO - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - Startup Shortcut to waktusolat lnk C Waktu Solat waktusolat exeO - Global Startup Access Manager Client lnk O - Global Startup Cisco Systems VPN Client lnk C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client ipsecdialer exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup SmartDeviceMonitor for Client lnk C Program Files RMClient PMClient exeO - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing... Read more

A:more trouble I think - DSO

Hello damselindistress and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. The information from the log appears to be incomplete. We need a complete HijackThis (HJT) log file to be able to analyze what is happening on your computer. If you do not have a copy of HijackThis or do not have the latest version (1.99.1) then download it from here: HijackThis_sfx.exe Double-click on the file you just downloaded and click on the UnZip button to install the program. It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ folder by default.Boot normally, start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file. When the scan is complete, Notepad will open up with the log file in it. While in Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.POST the log in this thread using the Add Reply button. Click in the data-entry window and press Ctrl-V to paste the log into the window. Add any other comments which you believe might be helpful in our analysis. and click the Add Reply button.I will review your log when it comes in.DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL I CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTERIn regards to the DSO exploit, Spybot will pick that up in every scan. It is an idiosyncracie in Spybot.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28439/more-trouble-i-think-dso/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey Guys I lot trouble A of am in a lot of trouble and am willing to go to any means to fix it My boss s PC was on the brinks it was a Windows ME running Office It wouldnt boot up and when i finally got it to boot up I decided to reformat A lot of trouble and install Windows Professional He informed me that that was okay as long as he could keep all the documents in his quot My Documents quot folder So I burned all his documents with Easy CD Creator Platinum and I even tested it to make sure that everything was there when I burned it and it was Upon installing Windows I tried copying everything from the burnt CD back to his new My Document folder and I received the error message quot Cannot copy Data Communications Exam Error performing inpage operation quot percent of the data in the folder are Word documents so I decided to try and open the documents from Word and received the error message quot The document name or path is not valid Try these suggestions Check the file permisions for the document or drive Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document quot In any case i tried A lot of trouble opening the document from File gt Open within Word and received the same error message I am in alot of trouble and I have tried everything I can think of Any suggestions would be better than where I am now Thank you in advance A lot of trouble Norton nbsp

Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, just received my new MUVI HD Camcorder, fitted it to a helmet and went for a ride in the park. On playing the video was shocked to find many many faults.
1. video started and stopped incessantly
2. sound did not coordinate with the action
3. every now and then sound would stop and a word would repeat and repeat and repeat
4. every 5 to 7 minutes the most ghastly screech would come out of the speakers
5. a "hello" would come out ages after I passed the person in the park I said hello to

My first impression is, I bought a pup. But perhaps I am wrong. Any clues please. I'm leaving for my fishing holiday on sunday and this purchase was all about that; initially.

Thanks

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-new-cam.1097746/
Relevancy 23.22%

New member so forgive me if this isn't just right but I followed all the recommended steps Perhaps Ie More... Trouble And to create a HijackThis file log My main trouble is that I cannot see any sites with IE that require Flash player The site gives a message saying it's not installed click here to install Then it says it's installed and continue but it won't go further I've had the same trouble with ActiveX sites I have uninstalled Macromedia Flash player and reinstalled but no help Strangely I CAN visit the same sites with Netscape So I downloaded the latest version of IE which is Beta but still have the same trouble Related to this or not a few other odd things MS Powertoys for WinXP quot Resize Photos quot doesn't work at all either Some other strange things Here's the HijackThis file Let me know if you can help or if there's more I can do I'm currently living in China but I don't think that will affect anything THANKS Dave Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP Ie Trouble And Perhaps More... SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS Ie Trouble And Perhaps More... System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Memento Memento exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Dave Desktop Download hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com searchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId cid SUB CLCID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com searchF - REG system ini Shell N - Mozilla user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Dave Application Data Mozilla Profiles default eezxeyt slt prefs js O - Hosts secure primedius comO - Hosts www primedius comO - Hosts ft primedius comO - Hosts med primedius comO - Hosts sck primedius comO - Hosts testft primedius comO - BHO no name - DCA - B- B F- FF- B E BDB - C WINDOWS SYSTEM HDBHO dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exeO - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C P... Read more

A:Ie Trouble And Perhaps More...

Hi there and welcome to Bleeping Computer!As you may have noticed already, the forums are very busy at the moment and i have noticed your log has gone unanswered so far!We look at the oldest logs first, and we were wondering that if you still need help, please start by posting a new HijackThis log in this topic and i will then be able to take a look!Thanks very much David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54753/ie-trouble-and-perhaps-more/
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm afraid I've got quot this search for quot problem again Thx in advance jayroLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system trouble HJT sp.dll log: spoolsv exeC Program HJT log: sp.dll trouble Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXEC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS HJT log: sp.dll trouble Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system GSICON EXEC WINDOWS system dslagent exeC program files twinmos mobile disk tools twinmos exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeC PROGRA COMMON PCSuite DATALA DATALA EXEC PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP TRAYAP EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXEC Documents and Settings sam Bureaublad HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME sam LOCALS Temp sp dll sp htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www proximus-interactive be htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C DOCUME sam LOCALS Temp sp dll sp htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blankO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO no name - AC E-C C - - AB-E E DFF - C WINDOWS system amfp dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run GSICONEXE GSICON EXEO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USBO - HKLM Run PLoader c program files twinmos mobile disk tools twinmos exe sys auto run C Program Files TwinMOS Mobile Disk ToolsO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeO - HKLM Run DataLayer C PROGRA COMMON PCSuite DATALA DATALA EXEO - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP TRAYAP EXEO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll ... Read more

A:HJT log: sp.dll trouble

1. Download CWShredder: Download here. Unzip it on your Desktop. Don't use it yet.2. Download this tool from Symantec: Backdoor.Agent.B Removal Tool and save it on your Desktop. Follow Symantec's instructions for how to run it.3. When the removal process is finished you will find a log on your Desktop . Don't delete it. Please copy & paste the contents of the log as a reply to this post.4. Restart the computer.5. Make sure all browser windows are closed and run cwshredder.exe, and click on the FIX button (not the "Scan only" button) and let it scan your computer.6. Download System Security Suite here:System Security Suite Download & Tutorial. Unzip it to your desktop.Install the program. Don't use it yet.Please print or copy these instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders: A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.B. Click the View tab.C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.How to see hidden files in WindowsREBOOT into SafeMode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup: Starting your computer in Safe modeRun HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.dll/sp.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blankR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\sam\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.dll/sp.htmlR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blankR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blankR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blankR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blankR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blankO2 - BHO: (no name) - {AC63374E-C4C6-4669-93AB-E604E3520DFF} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\amfp.dllO9 - Extra button: Mr. Bookmaker.com Poker - {0932285F-432B-42b0-B960-7946B1950802} - C:\Program Files\MrBookmakerMPP\MPPoker.exeO18 - Filter: text/html - {29EBE257-9037-40E3-8F62-63CD1E85693D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\amfp.dllO18 - Filter: text/plain - {29EBE257-9037-40E3-8F62-63CD1E85693D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\amfp.dllClose all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.Search for these files and delete them if present:C:\WINDOWS\system32\amfp.dll <-- this fileDelete these folders, if present:C:\Program Files\MrBookmakerMPP\ <-- this folderWith all windows and browsers closed.Clean out temporary and Temporary Internet Files.A. Open System Security Suite.B. In the Items to Clear tab thick:- Internet Explorer (left pane): Cookies & Temporary files- My Computer (right pane): Temporary files & Recycle BinPress the Clear Selected Items button.Close the program.REBOOT normally. Run HijackThis! again and post a new log please.Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed.If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request. If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9052/hjt-log-spdll-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey im new to the site and have a question. My sister accidentally hit the reset button on her computer and now when it loads it makes it to the starting windows point and then goes back to the beginning. Any way i can fix this?

A:Having some trouble

Can she boot into the computer in Safe Mode?

Also please post the specs of the computer to assist with troubleshooting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-some-trouble-647092.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Right i bought a Copy of nortons anti virus 2002 of my friend (i know it was stupid)but i have realised and been told that they dont let u update it now and my last update was january.so i am unprotected anyone know of any good free virus scanners links to just to do me until i get a new one.1 other thing is it true if u put a copy version of windows xp you get an email from microsoft saying that they need a authorisation code b4 u can use it i had a copy version and nothing was compatable so i deleted it.

Thanks alot

Tam

A:Im in trouble

Tam
Welcome to TSG!
If you are not going to purchase a legit copy of Norton AV then it is best to uninstall it before you start adding another AV programs to your system. Here is a download site to on of the few remaining free AV scanners. With all the new viruses poping up in the last few months the word free may be gone from all virus scanners.
http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_downl.htm

There is also a free On-line scanner you can run to test your system. Keep in mind it does not afford constant protection so you will need an AV on board.
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

WinXP
Here is an Article that explains the Activation of WinXP.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q302806

Hope that answers your questions

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-in-trouble.80050/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay, So I'll get right to the point, For awhile the internet was fine, But now for the past few months every odd day-week i've had really odd problems with the internet.

whats happening?(internet IS connected)
-Msn,Skype,Yahoo all sign in: Good
-Msn,Skype,Yahoo can't share files, or webcams: Bad
-Firefox,Google Chrome,IE,Safari, Will not load any Website:BAD

Now the only error message i think makes any sense in posting is the Google Chrome one.

I apologize for the large size. If you need any more info, Ask an i will tell if i know it.

Thanks!

A:DNS Trouble.

If that is DNS error, it usually link with your ISP DNS resolve problem.

The quickest solution is add google public DNS server (8.8.8.8) in your setup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dns-trouble-623718.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Edit I know I'm infected with iWorm v a and I have deleted Virtumonde atleast twice Since this past weekend Trojans spyware and I think some adware has been What Some To Having Do. Trouble, Know Don't infecting Having Some Trouble, Don't Know What To Do. my PC I have ad-aware and have Having Some Trouble, Don't Know What To Do. run a scan but after deleting some stuff a bunch of it just reappeared later I'm so confused so mad Here is my Hijackthis log file O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run OM Monitor C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master FirstStart exeO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -DelayO - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exeO - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHookO - HKCU Run ooze C DOCUME Evan APPLIC NAMETH drv license exeO - HKCU Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot WinStartO - HKCU Run OM Monitor C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master Monitor exe -NoStartO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run exe C Documents and Settings Evan Local Settings Application Data exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeO - Global Startup Kodak software updater lnk C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exeO - Global Startup NetAssistant lnk C Program Files NetAssistant bin matcli exeO - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exeO - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMesse pDownloader cabO - DPF D B F -F - E A- ECB-CCC F LauncherV Class - http irc tapuz co il chat new launcher cabO - DPF FE BD - EE- A B-AA E- C F E E IWinAmpActiveX Class - http pdl stream aol com downloads aol unagi ampx en dl cabO - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - quot C PROGRA MSNMES msgrapp dll quot file missing O - Winlogon Notify ddaya - C WINDOWS system ddaya dll file missing O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dllO - Winlogon Notify winmbj - winmbj dll file missing O - Winlogon Notify yayxyvu - yayxyvu dll file missing O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeO - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service McAfee Framework Service McAfeeFramework - Network Associates Inc - C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeO - Service Network Associates McShield McShield - Network Associates Inc - C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exeO - Service Network Associates Task Manager McTaskManager - Network Associates Inc - C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exeO - Service Content Monitoring Tool msCMTSrvc - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system msCMTSrvc exeO - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - N... Read more

A:Having Some Trouble, Don't Know What To Do.

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. I do see some problems in the partial log that you posted, but I need to see the entire log. It should have something like this at the very top. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 1:25:06 PM, on 6/22/2006Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)And it will also list your running processes. Please post a new hijackthis log with the entire log and I'll get you fixed up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56327/having-some-trouble-dont-know-what-to-do/
Relevancy 23.22%
Q: Trouble

Hi I had a friend come over and clean up some maleware on my computer After he left I couldn't transfer between web pages where I had to log-in i e I could get out to my bank web site but I couldn't log into my account - kept giving me an error message Here is an updated HJT logLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Trouble Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel PROSetWireless NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Trouble Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System RegSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS System XConfig exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan Trouble exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Kurt Nelson Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www my yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe c Program Files Intel PROSetWireless NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeO - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS ... Read more

A:Trouble

Hello Kurt, Welcome to BleepingComputer. Nothing in the log except for a HJT.exe that needs a folder around it so it has a place to store logs and backups if you need to use it. I suggest you get your friend back over because it sounds like changes have been made in Internet Explorer? I will suggest I recently had similair issue where I could get to the bank but not into my account. I run a tight ship and every cookie has to ask first, after a while the computer learns which cookies you never allow which is about all of them for me. Well, it appears I got a prompt from the bank to allow a cookie and blocked it without thinking. Take a look in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > Then make sure the web sites you need are there, if not add them. Then move to Privacy then Edit. Add the sites you need to get to and make sure you are set to Always Allow. Careful not to change any bad one there that are blocked. I hope this helps.
pskelley
HJT Team

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16708/trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

I consider my self pretty savey when it comes to cleaning computers Trouble Pop-up but I think I have finally met my match No matter how much I work on this Pop-up Trouble blasted computer I can not figure out what is causing the pop-ups It started with a virus that slipped in through email even though the machine is running Avast Anti-virus I've run Adaware Spybot and Windows Defender to see if I could up-root the problem At one point I noticed iniwin dll as one of the enteries of the HiJackThis log but I was able to remove it Normally that file is associated with the E Give virus that has been running around but this machine shows no other signed of the E G besides the iniwin dll I could really use a second opinion on this because I'm just scratching my head at this point Here is the current log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXEC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup NOW Schdlr exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPagePro WorkFlowTray exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPagePro Opware exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPagePro OpScheduler exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPagePro PdfPrn SPrnAgent exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint LBTWiz exeC Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Desktop Weather Platinum DWPlatinum exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization servicestub exeC Program Files Logitech Easy Synchronization LogitechEasySync exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system cleanmgr exeC DOCUME NORMAJ LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msnbc msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msnbc com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www iupui edu R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO web compressor - FB ADD-DA - a - FC -B E CDE - C WINDOWS system nsb dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO RieMon Class - F A - A- C -BA - - C WINDOWS system irsmqsje dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp ESPN - AE F -AF - C C-B E- DFC FF C C - C Program Files ESPN Toolbar DIGToolBar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint... Read more

A:Pop-up Trouble

Hello,First of all, you didn't unzip/extract hijackthis.. and it's still in the tempfolder.So I strongly advise to unzip/extract hijackthis.zip.Read here how to unzip/extract properly:http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.htmlCreate a permanent folder and move hijackthis.exe into it. The reason is because hijackthis creates backups and when it's in your temp-folder it can be accidentally deleted.How do you make a permanent folder:Click My Computer, then C:\ and then on Program Files.In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".Now you have C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Put your HijackThis.exe there.but this machine shows no other signed of the E2G besides the iniwin32.dllSo as I understand here.. is the iniwin32.dll present? Because I can't see it in your log though, and normally that one should be visible in the log.Anyway, let's deal with this now..* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blankR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = about:blankR3 - Default URLSearchHook is missingO2 - BHO: web compressor - {23FB5ADD-DA37-4a40-9FC0-B0E2384CDE92} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsb5.dllO2 - BHO: RieMon Class - {70F6A776-579A-4C95-BA88-134253907752} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\irsmqsje.dllO4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXEO9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)O16 - DPF: {5526B4C6-63D6-41A1-9783-0FABF529859A} (mm06ocx.mm06ocxf) - http://cabs.media-motor.net/cabs/joysaver.cabO16 - DPF: {ABD45F35-2E4C-44C0-A075-6EF1DE75398E} - http://www.riversoftware.net/x0ff.cab* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!Reboot your pc and post a new hijackthislog.Let me know after performing above steps if the popups are gone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52505/pop-up-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Even though I have Broadband my PC has been crawling I have used Anti spyware quot Scan Spyware quot and have Zone Alarm free and AVG free installed Ad Aware for some reason I cannot use Iusedt o have it installed and thought it brilliant then it started freezing when I downloaded updates Spyware S amp D is that correct won t work either That is why I have the others installed I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some new entries in my Hijack listing and would be so grateful if you could offer me some advice please My thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS This Trouble? Is System winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Is This Trouble? WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magic Is This Trouble? Defrag bin aDefragService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS mHotkey exeC WINDOWS CNYHKey exeC Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magic Defrag bin aDefragCtrl exeC Program Files BigFix BigFix exeC Program Files ArcSoft Media Card Companion MCC Monitor exeC Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files HIJACKTHIS HijackThis exeO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - no file O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exeO - HKLM Run ledpointer CNYHKey exeO - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot iconO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run POINTER C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run HotKey C WINDOWS Twain SlimU TA HotKey exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeO - Global Startup Ashampoo Magic Defrag lnk C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magic Defrag bin aDefragCtrl exeO - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix BigFix exeO - Global Startup Monitor lnk C Program Files ArcSoft Media Card Companion MCC Monitor exeO - Global Startup Photo Loader supervisory lnk C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exeO - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList htmlO - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint htmlO - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Preview htmlO - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC Print htmlO - Extra context menu item MWOL amp Dictionary - res C WINDOWS MWOLTB DLL O - Extra context menu item MWOL amp Thesaurus - res C WINDOWS MWOLTB DLL O - Extra button no name - - - - -... Read more

A:Is This Trouble?

I do not see anything:Download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winpfind.phpExtract WinPFind.zip to your c:\ folder.Reboot your computer into Safe ModeThen open c:\WinPFind and double-click on WinPFind.exe. When the program is open, click on the Start Scan button to scart scanning your computer. Be patient as this scan may take a while. When it is done, it will show a log and tell you the scan is completed. Reboot your computer back to normal mode and and post the contents of c:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34115/is-this-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Been getting a lot of these lately

Thought it was an AOL problem but when it happened on my bank site I think it is in my system.
Scanned using Adaware, Spybot, Avast and found nothing.

Any ideas?

A:Trouble with pop-ups

In Internet explorer, click on the top right hand corner, the little tools wheel, from drop down box, select internet options,
click on security, it will give you a little slider, set that to medium high, Then click on privacy and set that to medium, and make sure the box for pop-up blocker has a tick mark in the box, good luck.

Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker

Internet Explorer Security Zones - Add or Remove Sites - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300642-trouble-pop-ups.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I wonder if any of you can advise me please?
Ive had lotta trouble with my PC last couple days. When I try to get online I keep getting a notice up
'Communication port invalid'
This evening Ive tried 5 times and Ive only just managed to get on here.It was the same yesterday.We did have short power cut yesterday evening but that wouldnt do it would it?
Is it big problem and should I have our pc man Mr Snappy in?

A:pc trouble

Read through this and see if it applys to your OS

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q227995/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-trouble.302310/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently removed spyfalcon on my own and am not experiencing typical spyfalcon symptoms But I am experiencing significant slowdown at startup Here is a hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system Having Trouble services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Having Trouble WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System ups exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeD MY DOCUMENTS My Received Files Computer stuff SOFTWARE Security HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NVIDIA nTune quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTune exe quot clearO - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nvappfilter dllO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system n... Read more

A:Having Trouble

Hello profstolte and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.

I would suggest posting a question in the XP forum. They can assist with non-malware related performance issues.

Cheers.

OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47557/having-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Here's my HTJ log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS trouble pop-ups with 0dp.com Having System smss exeC WINDOWS Having trouble with 0dp.com pop-ups system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS System Having trouble with 0dp.com pop-ups nvsvc exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files apsi wtta exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC HP KBD KBD EXEc Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system bro he exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC WINDOWS System m config exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system bro he exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www exactsearch net sidesearchO - BHO CControl Object - ABC - BF- B -B -F DB C FD - C Program Files E G IeBHOs dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetectO - HKLM Run Reminder quot C Windows Creator Remind XP exe quot O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run SbUsb AudCtrl RunDll sbusbdll dll RCMonitorO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksS... Read more

A:Having trouble with 0dp.com pop-ups

Pretty please?//Mod edit: Logs are analyzed on a first in, first worked basis. It takes some time to accomplish this work. Please wait for a response to thisthread before posting again. Every time you add a post, you only move yourselffarther back in the time sequence. All HJT Techs are volunteers. Please be patient.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26277/having-trouble-with-0dpcom-pop-ups/
Relevancy 23.22%

So spring break came around thought i'd have some fun play some games went to a lan party and i started having some trouble with common crashes during games When i got home they kept happening it only seems to happen during games but it has happened outside of them once or twice i just want to know if its a hardware or software issue and if i can fix it without spending money and i heard from a friend you guys were the best Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files PowerArchiver POWERARC EXE C DOCUME TOM LEE LOCALS Temp PA HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime Some Having Trouble O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Having Some Trouble Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O Having Some Trouble - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Xfire lnk C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF D E CBDA-E E- -A C- EF BF Measurement Services Client v - http dcon futuremark com global msc cab O - Service CA ISafe CAISafe - Computer Associates International Inc - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service StarWind iSCSI Service St... Read more

A:Having Some Trouble

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49497/having-some-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am having a problem with the pc which i am recently completed....sort of.
K8v SE mobo
amd 64
geforce 6800 oc
400 w power supply
ect., ect.
All was fine until i cranked up Knights of the Old Republic to its highest graphical settings, then a complete loss of power. I tryed to turn the system back on again and nada....although the motherboard light is on....and it seems to start up for about half a sec. when i flip the power supply switch.
I am assuming the power supply ate it, but if anyone else has something in mind please let me know.

Kabzero

A:I Am Having....trouble

Sounds like the PS. Hope it didn't hurt anything else.

Disconnect all the drives and try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-having-trouble.297463/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok I ran a hijack this scan hoping that something there will i trouble in am give a clue about what wrong with my computer As i posted in the am i in trouble xp forum my problem is that when i open any program a message comes am i in trouble up that says quot has encountered a problem and needs to close quot If i wait the program comes up and works fine but the error message is still there So i move it to the bottom of my screen so i can continue working i take online courses and dont need this problem right now I dont want to continue doing this though if i have a problem that needs to fixed Also my firewall keep asking if i should allow or block pnd its always different Please Help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exeC WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exeC PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPClient exeC Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPMon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files soft pdfSaver exeC Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-ca msnappau exeC WINDOWS System pnd o vR exeC Program Files PDF pdfSaver pdfSaver exeC program files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exeC Program Files NetAssistant bin mpbtn exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS System dwwin exeC Documents and Settings weaver family Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sympatico ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-ca msntb dllO - HKLM Run Workflow D Workflow exeO - HKLM Run Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exeO - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exeO - HKLM Run IPInSightLAN quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPClient exe quot -lO - HKLM Run IPInSightMonitor quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPMon exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PC SUITE PDF Saver quot C Program Files Common Files soft pdfSaver exe quot O - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-ca msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run Media Access C Program Files Media Access MediaAccK exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKLM Run pnd Panda Antivirus C WINDOWS System pnd W pEL exe -svcO - HKCU Run pdfSaver quot c Program Files PDF pdfSaver pdfSaver exe quot O - HKCU Run WeatherEye C program files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEyeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup NetAssistant lnk C Program Files NetAssistant bin matcli exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program F... Read more

A:am i in trouble

hi pleasehelp and welcome to the BC forums. The first thing we need to do is have you updte your version of HijackThis. You are currently running an older version of HijackThis. Please click on the link below and download the most current version:HijackThis_sfx.exeDelete your current HijackThis.exe file and double-click on the file you just downloaded and then click on the Unzip button to install the newer version. It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ directory by default.Start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Post your new log file back here as a relpy to this topic and I will review it when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17789/am-i-in-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok
I was gonna re-install
it asked me for the product key
i took the 1 that is at my bottom of my laptop

i have never used it before
i typed it correctly

It says it not valid.

What to do guys.

Help me for humanity
thxx

A:I m in a Trouble

When it asks for the number do not give it. Once installed and you are happy, before 30 days: DO THIS

If the number does not work a rep will get on the phone to help.

The number on the computer is only valid if you are reinstalling the OS that came with the computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281123-i-m-trouble.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I just built a new computer -- Gigabyte 7vt600-L MB with AMD Athlon 2800+ CPU.

I put it in new case with three fans. The CPU had the OEM fan. It runs at 57 to 61 degrees, on the cusp of being too hot.

I bought a Aerocool Extreme and replaced it (using the thermal paste and following all the directions. Now, when I boot the computer, the CPU fan starts and I receive a short beep and it starts processing the CMOS. It then immediately gives me a High, Low beep (like a european siren) and automatically shuts down.

If I put the OEM fan back in, the 'puter works normally.

Doesn't seem to bee an visible shorts.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me figure out why those pesky add-ons which show up without having installed them seem to all have a greyed out 'remove' key? I have disabled them, should they perhaps be enabled in order to be removed? In the past I have tried uninstalling them via the control panel but it seems to leave them on my tools drop window within explorer so I'm hesitant to do so again. Maybe it's time to cross over to chrome.

Thank you for any advice.
R

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559091/trouble-with-add-ons/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello everyone, I have an HP PII Vectra VL with OS win 98se.
I had purchaced a hp all in one printer about two months ago and installed the software included. After two days I started getting an error message of "printer is not connected".

I chated with an hp tech who had me uninstall my usb driver. He said upon rebooting it would reinstall on it's own but of course it did not.

I have tried everything to download a driver for my USB but have not had any luck.

It is an intel ab/eb pci to usb controller.
I have found the exact one but not doing something right I guess because it is not showing after I download.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Luke

A:USB trouble

Go into your control panel and click on system/device manager.. Look here for the USB host controller and hub settings, highlight them then click remove.. Then reboot and WIN98 should reinstall everthing..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-trouble.256340/
Relevancy 23.22%

After AVG hit on some malware Win Kryptik XOX and Trojan horse Generic AIKP I ve been having problems AVG moved them to the Virus Vault and I ran a full scan of AVG and Malawarebytes Anti-Malware both of which came up clean so I thought that was the end of it But since then my system has been acting a bit unstable to the point that it gave me the blue screen of death the day before yesterday and after that when I logged into my user account some trouble, help could some use Having I got a blank desktop until I ran lodctr r to rebuild my performance counters after getting an Event Having some trouble, could use some help ID in my Event Viewer which that along with turning off UAC and disabling the Windows Live Family Safety Service that was hanging on startup seemed to have fixed that problem But I m still getting Having some trouble, could use some help some errors and warnings and I m concerned that I may still be infected If anyone can help walk through and check fix whatever s still buggered I d greatly appreciate it Some basic info on my system eMachines W Intel reg Pentium reg CPU GHz ACPI x -based PC Ram GB -bit OS Windows Vista Graphics Intel reg G Express Chipset Family And the errors I m still currently seeing in Event Viewer Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Admin-PC Description The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Lbd Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Lbd lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Admin-PC Description WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig quot Guid quot d dd- - - -d be d d de quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords Classic User SYSTEM Computer Admin-PC Description Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE has opened key REG... Read more

A:Having some trouble, could use some help

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434528/having-some-trouble-could-use-some-help/
Relevancy 23.22%

I got hit with some spyware and think I got it but my AVG wont run and I cant seem to reinstall,uninstall or repair it.
Any suggestions

A:Trouble with AVG

Hello, let's see if it is still a malware.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420492/trouble-with-avg/
Relevancy 23.22%

Anyone know why I am having trouble with AIM?

I cannot seem to add any new buddies, it keeps telling me that for some reason one or more of my buddy list changes could not be saved.

Doesn't give a reason.

A:having trouble with AIM

This is the exact error message I get:

One or more of the additions or modifications to your Buddy List were not able to be saved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-with-aim.200651/
Relevancy 23.22%

My DVD drive isn't reading the DVD's anymore, does anyone know what I could do?

Relevancy 23.22%

I had a hp pavillion with XP and I put music and photos on a cd-r disc. Now I have a new hp pavillion wirth Vista on it. I can not read my cd-r disk on the vista computer. Actually its not one cd its many. They are still readable on the old computer. The new computer reads store bought cds and dvds. I have seen many people having this trouble but no solutrions. Anyone able to help? Thanks a lot if you can help?

A:cd-r trouble

Regarding my cd-r problem someone said I should have finalized the disk. Is there a way of going back and finalizing a disk either on my new computer or my old computer?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/142900-cd-r-trouble.html
Relevancy 23.22%

But I took the reverse plunge, and reinstalled XP

It really is fast compared to Vista - without the shiny stuff! With 6 years or so behind it, I suppose it has an advantage.

All hardware peripherals working now, which I had trouble with in V64 (Not MS fault really)
I'm amazed how little HD space it consumes compared to Vista.

I'll hope to be back though when SP comes back. I really hope that PC/Mac moves onto 64 bit, but if I can't use my gear, I'll have to remain 32 bit for now.

I hope you guys will take me back in the future!

A:I know I'll be in trouble for doing this...

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

The bottom line is if your computer does not meet your needs, what's the point?

You'll be back. Of course, you may be visiting Vistax128.com...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/92938-i-know-ill-trouble-doing.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi
Some body knows how can I fix the problem with the IE 6 for Win XP Pro????
When I open the IE Browser, it work perfect but, when I want to close it, it's impossible. Then I have to go to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and this is the only way to close that program.
Others programs works without problems.
I have restored my computer more than one time and too many times the IE (Uninstalled and Re-Installed).... this problem remains
I don't know what to do from now on.
Thanks so much for any help provided

A:IE trouble

First of all do you have all windows updates especially service pack 1 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-trouble.214213/
Relevancy 23.22%

Howdy Something has gone wrong My computer has been working fine all day up until about an hour ago I Big Trouble tried to make a post on a site I was on when all of a sudden everything slowed down It took minutes for the post to show up on the forum I went to another site and had the same trouble As a side note just prior to the computer slowing Big Trouble down I had sounds coming out of my speakers It sounded like a pin ball machine Boing boing boing and then my printer made noises as if I had turned it on I decided to restart When I did the dell logo showed for a second and then the screen went black and had a white light cursur flashing in the top left corner of the screen About minutes later Windows started to load That took at least minutes I then connected to the Internet That took at least another and then another to get on this site When I clicked on the XP forum and then new topic that took at least minutes By the way the speakers and printer just made the same noises This morning I ran Microsoft Essentials Malwarebytes and SAS and they all came up clean I have XP Home SP- I am trying to add everything I can think of to this post since it takes so long to get it up Any help would be greatly appreciated If I don t answer right Big Trouble back I am trying but waiting on this computer Big Trouble Thanks for your time Dennis

A:Big Trouble

Back up your personal data as quick as you can.
You may have a hard drive that is starting to fail

Pls post make/model of the system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350235/big-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey hope someone can help me i have a couple of problems with my laptop hope someone can help Running Vista bit on an Asus A trouble.. lot of G sg - don't know much else about it Graphic card Nvidia GeForce M GT Yesterday my laptop crashed once while playing Medal of Honor Beta I don't have a pic of it myself but looked A lot of trouble.. something like this http img imageshack us img crashhv jpg Didn't think futher about it rebooted and started playing again today it happened again rebooted and started playing again and then it happend again Tryed running a program called quot D Mark quot it run some pretty nice graphic first time it came to the fifth part second and third time it only came to the first part of it before crashing - Once it made a blue screen http www msuapartmentsblog com wp- n-of-death jpg but not the other times A lot of trouble.. - Installed the newest driver from Nvidia didn't help My quot system restore quot dosen't work can't remember precise what it say but it dosen't work and want me to reboot the pc with something activated it tried but it didn't work but now every time i turn on my pc it check the harddisk quot Chkdsk quot or something it think it's called - This happened before the graphic crash started Sometimes when I start up the pc it come with the msg quot Cannot create shell notification icon quot Think there was something else but can't remember atm If anyone is able to help me I would be very happy I don't know much about the hardware in my pc but if any info on my pc is need let me know and I'll see if I can find it Michael

A:A lot of trouble..

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWT

Tryed running a program called "3D Mark 06", it run some pretty nice graphic, first time it came to the fifth part, second and third time it only came to the first part of it, before crashing. - Once it made a blue screen (http://www.msuapartmentsblog.com/wp-...n-of-death.jpg) but not the other 5 times
- Installed the newest driver from Nvidia didn't help

Sounds like you have a graphics hardware error (as the stress test failed).

Doublecheck that it was not overheating causing your problems (keep an eye on the temperatures when you are stressing it).

If the temperatures are fine then I suggest taking your laptop in under warranty (if possible).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-lot-of-trouble-502139.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I want to listen to music on my computer. I have windows XP professional edition. When I put a cd in and I start Media player in tells me there is no CD in the drive. I just want to listen to a CD what do I do?

Relevancy 23.22%

When I click the quot My Computer quot Icon it opens then freezes and shows a flashlight WIN some Having XP trouble looking around I know I have some virus and or spyware cause i have some pop ups and audio ads that start out Having some trouble WIN XP of thin air I have done a little reading to try and help you guys help me Having some trouble WIN XP so I downloaded a startup list program and run it and this is what it said I m at my wits end Windows XP By the way I have run AVG free virus scan and it said it cleaned threats I ran hijackthis and here are the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X exe C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Channing LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for startuplist zip StartupList exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat A... Read more

A:Having some trouble WIN XP

Download, update and do a complete scan.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-some-trouble-win-xp.765137/
Relevancy 23.22%

Internet explorer 8 tell me: cannot display this page, does anybody know about this problem?here: vista home basic 64bit, 4gb memory, phenom quad core amd, all settings look fine, any ideas?

A:Trouble with Ie.8

Welcome Ralez

You may want to try tools, compatiblity view settings. See if that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269107-trouble-ie-8-a.html
Relevancy 23.22%

HeyHey

Ok when i install msn it goes fine but it doesnt show up. Any ideas????

A:msn trouble????

Hi Sound Card, Do you mean you can't find it or you click and never get the login screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-trouble.106826/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have IE6.0 and only experience this problem with some websites, but sometimes I have to click the 'BACK' button several times for the last page to actually reload. I have this problem with this forum, I have to click BACK three times to reload the last page...

A:IE trouble

You could try this link for an answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-trouble.126644/
Relevancy 23.22%

Can any one help urgent Im using AMD K MHz sdram GB HDD Lan Card VIA Motherboard xCdrom Win SE MSOffice ACad Norton Anti Virus Big Big Trouble Ie My pc is booting too slow At DMI pool Data Big Big Trouble varification it really takes min break After booting sometime nothing gets loaded ALT clt Del shows only Msgrv Only thin to power off directly If starts normally then at right click on any of desktop icons pc hangs amp shows explorer not responding msg at ALT clt Del If Ms Word opened winword error appears amp same after opening any txt file directly by double click At end Restart doesnot work Machine hangs at Window is shutting down Screen So direct power off Note -All the installations are new done twice by clean CDs Formatting Fdisk every thing tried for many times with diff options So pls dont ask for re installations And all partitions carry a lotsof gb free space Thanx a million Very urgent to know the problem so is solution nbsp

A:Big Big Trouble

Posting duplicate topics is not in keeping with the rules; please continue in this thread only:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=1886131

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-big-trouble.266077/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,
Problem is the USB ports are not recognising the newly purchased USB Card Reader/Writer on my WinME system.
I have tried it on my Win98 system and it is fine there.
So what do I do? When I plug it in to the port, there is no red light on. According to the information supplied by http://www.veritech.com.tw I don't need to install any drivers from the supplied disc on Windows ME .

System shows no exclamation marks, and says the USB ports are working okay. I checked for drivers on system and it reports back that I have up to date drivers.

I might add that I use the same USB ports to connect a budget price digital camera. That is capable of loading piccies onto my pc provided I turn on the battery power at the camera.

So, what do I do next?

Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am new to this forum I am definitely no expert on the pc I know just a few tricks Recently my performance started going downhill Facebook takes a longer time to load My favorite game locks up after several levels I can't watch some videos that would normally not be a problem I can't use a website that has a lot happening on a page So i tried what I know I updated Norton and ran it Nothing found I ran ccleaner and cleared up some space I have defraggler on my machine and should have run it but I didn't Then I started trouble to enough in get just I myself know thinking what else I could do Bad idea I first found malwarebytes installed it and ran it It found one virus but my problems were not helped I know just enough to get myself in trouble Then I found combofix installed it and ran it That didn't seem to find anything So I uninstalled both malwarebytes and combofix When I installed combofix I did not do it from the page I found later with a warning not to run it without I know just enough to get myself in trouble posting to a forum first and getting help Unfortunately I did not write down where I had been i created an account with combofix and tried clicking on I know just enough to get myself in trouble a link to print the instructions I got an error message then my printer locked up and flashed a little blinky light at me The printer would not turn off or print the page I finally had to pull the plug on the possessed printer I also got an error on my computer when I tried to get to the forums I sent an email to support and sent some emails back and forth with a nice person who was trying to help me but I just could not provide any helpful information I tried and tried to repeat my actions that gave me the earlier error messages to no avail I called my brother who knows more about computers than me and he looked at a few things and advised me to run defraggler I downloaded a newer version When I ran it I got an 'the application defraggler has quit unexpectedly' I tried times with the same result Does anyone have any suggestions I'd appreciate any assistance Thanks

A:I know just enough to get myself in trouble

Hi. Follow this  link and make sure you read all the instructions. Before requesting help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486791/i-know-just-enough-to-get-myself-in-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer has been locked and is being held hostage in lieu of $200 to be paid to the FBI. I have tried to boot in safemode with networking and still get the same message. I am on my iPad now but do have access to another computer if necessary. Can you help

A:In trouble with the "FBI"

Since you have another computer then follow these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-fbi-monkeypak-ransomwareDisconnect the infected computer from the internet and only use the good computer to download the needed files.You will also need a flash drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469363/in-trouble-with-the-fbi/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was on my instant messanger one day. Well I had just used Spybot on my computer, and after it was done, I logged on to AIM, and I wanted to IM someone. Then you know that new little bar on top of the chat window in the new version of AIM? (the one with the smiley chooser, info, mail [i think] etc.). Well that started blinking for some reason and I dont know why... Now I cant type in any chat windows and I cant talk to people. That little toolbar just keeps blinking. I can do everything else, like put on away messages and edit options and profiles and stuff like that, only i cant talk to my buddies. What is wrong? I dont think its my computer. Reinstalling AIM didn't help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-trouble.239536/
Relevancy 23.22%
Q: Trouble

here's my situation my computer and internet explorer often freeze not responding I shut the app down try few times more and eventually it works my CPU is often Trouble at - it seems that these applications are randomlly switching is taking - CPU for few minutes and then the other one comes at - Trouble - and the previous one is back at this are some of the applications which cause problems Trouble ctfmon exeati evxx exeNvMixerTray exePCMService exePDVDServ eeavgcc exerealsched exejusched exezlclient exewuanclt exei checked that applications with Security Task Manager and it doesn't complain on that applications I did that step with cleanmgr when running Ad-Aware it blocks in folder HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software everytime it gets at that folder the program is not responding when running Spybot SD it blocks at running Trouble bot-check quot Baciami quot whatever that is the program doesn't freeze but it stays there for ages i want to delete that bleeping Baciami i tried to search for it but couldn't find it EDIT after some time it did continue but it stuck at some other applications but it eventually continued After hours of running Spybot it finally stuck at quot X-Driver quot still running bot-check there was a message quot Error during check Win Sober Access violation at address D Read of address F quot Spybot is still responding but it hasn't moved from that quot X-Driver quot for a long time if sth changes I'll edit it again But I'm not even sure if Spybot is still doing sth or if it's terminated after that error i tried Housecall Anti Virus also but it said that it would took hours so I need to do that in the morning I can't sleep when the computer is working over night I don't know what to do here's hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema PCMService exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLSched exeC Program Files Azureus Azureus exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - URLSearchHook no name - EA A- C -C -A E-C A AADE - ftbar dll file missing O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - e - bfe- b -a b - bd a - no file O - BHO IExplorerHelper Class - BA E-B E- A -A A- CBD E - C WINDOWS System IeHelperEx dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Pro... Read more

A:Trouble

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exeSave it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.Finally, please post the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt, along with a new HijackThis log into this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59513/trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi i'm having trouble with my laptop is a toshiba running windows xp media center edition sp the virus is a winspooler i have erased the With Trouble Pc My exe files of the virus and the hijackthis line of the virus but i still have the quot winspool drv quot and i can't delete it the winspooler don't start in the taskmngr on startup also sometimes when i'm browsing the internet i get window that says buffer overrun detectedProgram C windows exporer exea buffer overrrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state the program cannot safely continue exection and must now be terminated i hope you can help me here is my hijackthis log also can you tell me if something else is wrong pleasei forgot to mention this bu my p p program i'm using ares suddenly restart and when it Trouble With My Pc opens i had Trouble With My Pc downloaded like filesLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system TODDSrv exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC toshiba ivp ism pinger exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC PROGRAM FILES ATI TECHNOLOGIES ATI CONTROL PANEL ATIPTAXX EXEC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC DOCUME OMARAL MYDOCU PROGRA REMOTE REMSEL EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsof... Read more

A:Trouble With My Pc

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you.
I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.

If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijackthis log, in this thread, so I can help you with your malware problems.
If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148583/trouble-with-my-pc/
Relevancy 23.22%

my brothers windows XP computer is on the fritz. just yesterday, he installed windows XP and it was runnign fine. now its not. he starts up the comp, it goes to the windows xp loading screen, the screen flashes once, and then the computer restarts.... he is gonna try to reformat, can someone help me out here?

A:Having trouble...

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My first thought is a problem Power Suppy Unit(PSU).

Some things to check:

- are all cables securely in place
- is the RAM securely in it's slots
- is your power supply sufficent
- do you have sufficient cooling in the case

Try clearing the CMOS by removing the battery for a few minutes then replace and reboot. Make sure the BIOS settings are all at default.

Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-trouble-73253.html
Relevancy 23.22%

New HDD- Maxtor GB Diamond Plus Old HDD seagate barracuda ultra GB Computer- Dell P - GHZ mb of memory a cd rw drive floppy drive DVD-rw drive the following now shows up on the monitor Primary master Maxtor Primary slave NONE secondary Hdd Trouble master GCR b secondary slave memorex DVD -DLRW F bwsb then Broadcom UNDI PXE- build v copyright c - Broadcom Corporation copyright c - Intel Corp All Rights Reserved PXE-E media test failure check cable PXE-MOF Exiting Broadcom PXE Rom No Boot Device detected insert system disk and press F to continue or press F to set up menu When Hdd Trouble I press F I get Updating ESCD Success Broadcom UNDI PXE- build v copyright c - Broadcom Corporation copyright c - Intel Corp All Rights Reserved PXE-E media test failure check cable PXE-MOF Exiting Broadcom PXE Rom No Boot Device detected insert system disk and press F to continue or press F to set up menu that s it This is before and after I had it cloned in a hard drive cloner at work The latest is that this message appears whether or not the HDD new or Old is plugged in Do I need a new MOBO In the mean time I have two HDD on my compaq impresario how do I get it ti recognize a third HDD- the one from my Dell Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 23.22%

I ve got a problem with my CD-RW DVD-ROM The computer says that CD-RW/DVD-ROM Trouble there is no disc in drive d even when there is one I have tried CDs DVDs and CD-ROM program discs Nothing works except when I CD-RW/DVD-ROM Trouble occasionally wiggle the drive door a little bit Called Tech Support noticed screw missing when instructed to remove and replace drive Was told screw wasn t important as long as latch in CD-RW/DVD-ROM Trouble quot M quot door was okay Was then told that it is a hardware issue but since my one year warranty exprired months ago I have the lovely option to buy a new drive for about Now as I said before some jiggling can get the drive to work sometimes and it has been making loud noises when it does decide to work and I am wondering if it is not simply a matter of buying a cheap screw to secure it or if I need to fork over to replace a month old drive lt Inspiron notebook Windows XP gt Any advice Thankx PS My Computer says it s there Device Manager says it s working Trouble Shooting didn t help nbsp

A:CD-RW/DVD-ROM Trouble

If the warranty is out of date i'd go with that screw option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-dvd-rom-trouble.367649/
Relevancy 23.22%

O k I originally had a problem with Dr Trouble Need Big Help Watson Postmortem Big Trouble Need Help Debugger I would click on control panel The it would say Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close Then after I did the error report and everything I would get the same thing but about encountering an error on Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger Well I went to several sights and they all suggested that I deactivate Dr Watson which I did but I still get the Windows Explorer Has Encoutered A Problem error message everytime I click on control panel I also found out tht some how I got DyFuCa trojan on my computer if anyone can please help I'd be in your debt This is my HiJack This log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Adaptec EASYCD CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files CMSystem CMSystem exe C Program Files FCEngine FCEngine exe C WINDOWS Twain CA A SnapDetect exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE C Program Files PC MightyMax pcmm exe C PROGRA FREEME fmempro exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO VBRunDLL Class - B CA -E - DD- F -E A E C - C WINDOWS system vbrundll dll file missing O - BHO ts - DCA - D- FC -AC - DA DCB - C WINDOWS system bho dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SchedulingAgent mstinit exe firstlogon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:Big Trouble Need Help

O.k. I think I might have posted in the wrong spot. I'm sorry if I did.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/big-trouble-need-help-71059.html
Relevancy 23.22%

i just recieved a free burned copy of photoshop..after it was burned it worked on my friends computer.. i just brought it home and it will not work..
The computer says that the cd was not formatted properly or the cd cant be read...any help on opening this would be great

A:Cd Rom Trouble!!

Are you serious? You're asking for help in getting pirated software working? Read the forums rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-trouble.364657/
Relevancy 23.22%

First thank you for allowing my 2 I've Got Trouble In Pcs membership What I've got I've never seen before Computer slows to a crawl page file usage meter completely off the chart and the CPU usage will eventually max out at with no programs running If the PCs are not connected to the internet they both seem to run fine but when connected to the internet they slow to an eventual crash every time I reboot The longer this little treat runs eventually cuts me off from the internet and I get a quot I've Got 2 Pcs In Trouble Virtual C I've Got 2 Pcs In Trouble Error quot and the computer crashes after that I'm running Norton with LiveUpdate but seems useless I completely re-installed Windows XP SP and completely re-installed Norton and configured the internet and within a matter of hours I was re-infected I would run a virus scan and the scan display shows quot Checking c quot but then the files folders and HKEYs are completely foreign to me They mostly consist of spyware and adware programs like quot sex surf quot and quot spywarelock exe quot I've Got 2 Pcs In Trouble and etc The virus scan will scan thousands of files but most of them simply do not exist on my hard-drive Its as if its running a virus scan on a phantom hard-drive and most of the files are EXEs of spyware adware and other crap I check the directories and these don't exist on my hard-drive I check the HKEY registries and same thing not there I disable my wireless internet then re-enabled it and the Internet Gateway opens I right click to show status and the window opens for a split second then closes The Internet Gateway shows that it is enabled but I cannot open the Status Properties window because it immediately closes after that and won't let me see anything Disabling it doesn't seem to do any good neither Under the Task Manager User my account shows quot console quot where on my unaffected computer that is not the case Also on my PC that has wireless access when I reboot I get pop-up error messages from my Lynksys wireless network monitor Access Violation at address in Module 'WMP GSv exe' Read of address I ran Stinger and nothing Ad-Aware found nothing and Spybot wouldn't let me load I was going to do a Panda scan but that requires internet connection and the one PC I'm fixing first is starting to limp when on line I ran internet remote scans from Symantec and McAfee and nothing VundoFix crashed and F-Secure Blacklight didn't turn up much of anything but I'll include the report anyways RootKitDetective came back with some interesting hooks Enclosed is my HijackThis report from the PC with XP SP reloaded on it along with the RootKit report and the fsbl report any help offered would be greatly appreciated as this has been kicking my ass for about a month now and I'm about to go on a technological homicidal rampage By the way I renamed my Hijackthis exe as quot FluffyBunnyII exe quot to be on the safe side I tried to come to class as prepared as possible Any help would greatly be appreciated Again thank you It may be important to add that Norton did detect a red-level trojan downloader on both PCs Wouldn't tell me what it was and required a system reboot to get rid of it Once I rebooted system problems began Hijackthis report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WI... Read more

A:I've Got 2 Pcs In Trouble

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134161/ive-got-2-pcs-in-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Well i bought a 512 DDR 333mhz ram chip the other day and when i have it in my computer,i get errors and program shutdowns.Sometimes it even says files are corrupt.I tried to isolate the ram chip and it indeed wont start windows when that chip is in by itself.My games wont run either.It is a brand new chip so im puzzled.I am running all of this on windows XP with a 2800 AMD and since i cant get new ram working i am using 256 ddr 333mhz.I was able the check the new ram chip speed in bios and it too says 333mhz.Is my computer doomed?Something i can install to make it stable/work?If anyone could provide info on this,i would appreciate it very much.The brand is Centon and it was from comp usa.Thanks for your time

Relevancy 23.22%

Wasn't quite sure where to put this or even how to describe it After doing a clean install of Win Pro bit I occasionally close Chrome to find a dialog box that reads at the top Windows Internet Explorer In the box proper it says quot Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed quot It has the normal red X in the upper right corner to close and the normal OK button in the lower right corner When I click on either of them at with Trouble IE least fifty instances of a window pop up that has a big white lower case i Trouble with IE in a blue circle in the upper left corner and at the top next to the Trouble with IE i it reads quot Navigation to the webpage was cancelled quot Trouble with IE Below this it reads quot What you can try quot Just below this it says quot Retype the address quot This doesn't happen every time I close Chrome and every thing else seems to work fine I have Important updates set to install automatically but Recommended ones I install manually depending on whether I think they are needed on my particular setup Could there be an update I'm missing that will take care of this I know I'm probably not providing all the info needed to answer this but without help I don't even know where to start I'm going to try to provide screenshots but the ones I have I took with Greenshot and are in PNG format

A:Trouble with IE

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
I doubt any update is pin pointed at some thing like that but then again post a screen shot of the update you have yet to download and install :/

Pretty strange reaction from a pretty basic task of closing Chrome,
Does it happen closing Firefox which you show you also so have installed in your system spec's ?

First thought would be to state what is your default email program
If webmail just state gmail/.....

Second thought would be to re-install Chrome,
But then again this screen capture utility shows allot of entries for Internet explorer and none for any other browser please explain why ?
Use Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/353995-trouble-ie.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello about months ago I started having problems with my email accounts I cannot login anymore to yahoo hotmail and other services but from my home pc only I cannot even update AVG anymore It appears that I cannot In Log Trouble With connect to some servers but I cannot Trouble With Log In figure out what the problem is It's not a cookie problem nor a Zone alarm Trouble With Log In problem Checked for viruses but nothing Checked system with ad-aware and SpyBoy Search and distroy but nothing again I have a hijack log could someone scan it and see if there's something wrong there ThanksLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeD Programmi Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC PROGRA ALICET SMARTB MotiveSB exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Programmi NETGEAR WG v WG v exeC Programmi Palm HOTSYNC EXED Programmi Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeD Programmi Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exeC Programmi Alice ti aiuta bin mad exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Programmi Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Programmi File comuni Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC PROGRA Motive ASSTCO MOTIVE EXEC Programmi Executive Software DiskeeperLite DKService exeC Programmi File comuni EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeD Programmi Borland InterBase bin ibguard exeC WINDOWS LogWatNT exeC Programmi Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Programmi Norton Internet Security NISUM EXED Programmi Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Programmi Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Programmi Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Programmi Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Programmi Norton Internet Security ccPxySvc exeC Programmi File comuni Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeD Programmi Borland InterBase bin ibserver exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Programmi Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName CollegamentiR - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar con blocco Pop-Up - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programmi Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programmi Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - A BE DEA- DC- DBB- A - BFADF C - no file O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Programmi Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Programmi Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run farstone NULLO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client d Programmi Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA ALICET SMARTB MotiveSB exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SERVIZIO LOCALE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SERVIZIO LOCALE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SERVIZIO DI RETE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Programmi File comuni Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma L... Read more

A:Trouble With Log In

Hello RTaxidriver,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Upon completing the steps below, a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order, clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay. Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.If you already preformed the steps above, we still need to see the current state of the machine. A fresh scan and logs are still necessaryClick on Start then RunCopy and paste the following in bold in the open window and then click OK"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /configThis will open up DSS configuration Click on Check AllClick ScanDSS will now run again when finishedPlease post back both logs that open in notepadMain txt and extra txtNextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159426/trouble-with-log-in/
Relevancy 23.22%

I received a CD from a supplier containing lots of TIF files. I can't open 95% of them.

I can't preview the files in XP, and when I try to open them with photoshop, I get a message "Could not open <filename.tif> because the file is not a TIFF file."

The oririginal CD was made on a Mac. Are Mac TIF's different from PC TIF's ? Can they be converted ? Why can I open a small portion of the tif's, but not the others ?

A:TIF trouble

right click on the file while holding down <Shift> and select open with... Windows Imaging. Win98 select Kodakimg or Kodakprv

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tif-trouble.168838/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey Guys Got a few issues here im running Sophos and SPybot Search and Destroy with newest updates and both are coming back clean Trouble Big however after a few hours the system halfway disables several parts of the system mainly the start menu no longer showing anything below your top menu items so programs run help shut down etc are missing however the win key shortcuts still work launching of several apps or copy and pasting fails and Big Trouble several iexplorer processes are Big Trouble spawned i use firefox As i said my scans come clean so i grabbed highjack Big Trouble ran a scan while the issue was present and after a quick scan im not seeing much can someone take a look and tell me im missing something Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exec Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exec Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system vmnat exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exeC Program Files Cyberlink Shared Files brs exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exeC Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exeC Program Files Dropbox Dropbox exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Interne... Read more

A:Big Trouble

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223181/big-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have been having trouble signing into MSN Messenger v7.5 for the last few days. I unstalled it and then reinstalled it and that work until i logged out.
Here is the message I get.

Help what do I do?

A:Help MSN Trouble

Check the error logs under the Administration section:

Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management

See what the error logs have to say. Might shed some more light on this matter. Else, is this the latest version of MSN? Try updateing. If that fails, try down grading. I have an older 7 version of MSN I could send if you so wish. but it'd have to wait 'till I'm home.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-msn-trouble-90677.html
Relevancy 23.22%

my cd rom doe's not reactwhen I place a cd in . I geta message insert disk. I replace it and insert another disk I get the same message.I recently in stalled a
cd rw . could this be the problem. thank you for your help.max

A:my cd rom trouble

Some probable causes
One is that when you installed the other drive you damaged the cable. The outer two wires carry the notification from drive to CPU that a new disk was installed and from CPU to drive to read the cpu and send data back as to what is there. SO if either gets damaged (pulled loose, clipped torn out of the crimp ) you get the error you describe.
The second would be that you did not check the jumpers and there is a conflict. Normally when you have one drive it is set to master or stand alone , but when you connect two , one must be master and the other slave with master at end of cable and slave in middle. Did you double check jumpers on both drives?
The third possiblitiy is that you did not change your bios settings. After installing a new drive, you need to boot to bios setup, and change the drive (in this case secondary slave most likely) from none to optical/cdrom drive.
The fourth is rare, but occurs, that the drives are made by the same manufacturer and for some reason your motherboard or windows thinks one is just an echo or noise on the line.
The fifth would be that you bent or broke off one of the pins on the drive when you were connecting the cables.

If you are talking about blank cds in the cdrw drive it could be that you are using incompatible disks, that you have not installed software compatible with the drive (until you install the software, it is just another cdrom drive).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-cd-rom-trouble-86837.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I have just re-installed Windows XP completely. My problem is now that i re-installed it its not recognizing my monitor setting and what i mean is that i can run in 32 bit but it wont move from 16 bit and also its not recognizing my speakers either and i have no sound but a beep that come from the modem its self. Some on told me its not recognizing my video card installed in my computer but i dont know how to get it to or the speakers either. Please help I would so very much appericate it. Thanks

Jamie

A:Help I am in trouble!!!

Its because u havent installed ur video OR sound drivers.

When u buy ur computer, they should come with system discs, it should be on them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-i-am-in-trouble-86746.html
Relevancy 23.22%

So, I was attempting to make a PC "kidsafe" by making a snap-in that allowed the user to launch specified applications only. This was my first run in with MMC and everything went terribly wrong. Now, I can't launch any application on that machine at all, not even MMC so I can remove the foolish group policy. Any suggestions?

A:MMC Trouble...

Boot from a bootable medium and delete the snapin.

Avira's NTFS4DOS
UBCD4Win
Ultimate Boot CD
Bootzilla

Or try deleting it in the Recovery Console.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mmc-trouble.708043/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am having problems with my computer.
I installed windows service pack 2 and it caused my computer to not go into windows, not even in any of the safe modes. I re-installed windows Xp home edition and uninstalled the sp2. this all took place on 2-20-05. all my original files are still on my hard drive. When I go into program files I see them.
I am not able to do a system restore before 2-20-05. How can I get all the prgrams back? Please Help.

A:in big trouble

well you goin to need the original windows xp cdrom or the restore cdrom restore cdrom only if you want to restore all program and the OS to the same day you got your system but the original cdrom is what we really need in this case cause it will allow you to restore your system and no data lost by doing what is call a repair install

let me know if you have any of then

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-big-trouble.333465/
Relevancy 23.22%

What does the

activeds.dll mean (ADs Router Layer DLL)????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-trouble.334314/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just bought a new Acer 17in LCD from newegg about 1 week or so ago. And just one day after putting on my machine, this (about one inch high from the bottom of my screen) black bar appeared out of no where. My system is running off of WinXP with a Radeon 9800 pro for my vid card. Im trying to pull off dual monitors by the way. Iv tried everything to get the LCD to work. At first I used a DVI connection, then the bar appeared. Then I switched it to Analog. And yet, the bar still haunts me. Its a come and go issue really. It will stay on screen for hours at a time, then dissapear just as fast for as many hours. Im lost and confused, even re-installed my video drivers and looked for any new ones. If any one can help me, Id be most appreciative! Ty!

Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Sorry to annoy you but I have just received this e - mail Here says that I have break some law of the Internet I am very afraid I am a paid member in several websites but I always buy year membership and I pay everything I do not know why the international internet laws send me this message Do you think it is real or just a spam trouble! am a Please help, I big in Please help Here is the Please help, I am in a big trouble! e - mail below To unsubscribe from our emails click quot Unsubscribe quot Debt Collection amp Dispute Resolution through Legal Mediation BUSINESS RECOVERY SERVICES Bounced Cheque Real Estate Disputes Unpaid Invoices Receivables For Low cost and efficient debt recovery U A E amp international Collection Network Please note that this e-mail has been sent in compliance with Internet Laws This is an proper list and if you have received this e-mail by mistake then please unsubscribe This e-mail cannot be considered as unsolicited e-mail until we mention automated remove instructions The e-mail addresses are collected Please help, I am in a big trouble! from our associate and partner websites If you have received this e-mail by mistake and Please help, I am in a big trouble! do not wish to further receive this e-mail please unsubscribe This is the e - mail details - from EDC lt econsult emirates net ae gt reply-to inquiry emiratesdebtcollection com to removed by admin date Sun Feb at AM subject unpaid mailed-by emirates net ae Images from this sender are always displayed Don't display from now on Plese help I am very much worried

A:Please help, I am in a big trouble!

I believe this is a scare email. I have not heard of any legitimate companies trying to collect by email. It's usually by telephone calls or letters via the postal service. I'd ignore the email and do not respond. That would tell the sender they have a "live" email address and you'll probably get lots more spam or scare mails. I'd also suggest removing your email address from your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/144517-please-help-i-am-big-trouble.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay I have been trolling though the forums on various sites about this "dolsp.dll" file that seems to be busting my system all up. I did the lffix thingy where you run the fix then restart in safe mode and delete it. well whenever i delete it I lose all my internet functions and I can't even connect on my network. maybe I am doing something wrong here I durno but I could really really use some help. Many thanks in advance.

A:Having a ton of trouble here.

Hi and welcome to TSF!

I've got dolsp.dll down as being part of the VX2 infection.. try this:

Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Let us know how this goes, we may need to refer you to our security analysts for a full system sweep.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-a-ton-of-trouble-here-57249.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently got an old "junk" computer from a friend. I took it apart to use whatever i could out of it and b/c i only have a CD-ROM drive i figued i toss in the DVD-ROM that was in it just for the hell of it. Well i guess i should say that the old computer was an IBM aptiva, the drive in question is a toshiba dvd-rom, anyway after installing it i turn on the computer and nothing happens, it wont boot or anything it just hangs, i can install just the dvd-rom and have it as master and everything works fine, or i can have just my cd-rom installed and everything works fine. even when i tried setting the dvd-rom as master and the cd-rom as slave i got the same problem.

any ideas?

Relevancy 23.22%

Am running XP with trouble I'm HELP! again!! in SP Mozilla Firefox HiJackThis CWShredder SpySweeper Ad-Aware SE with VX add-on SpywareGuard and Blaster and keep WinPatrol running Have Avast Anti-Virus and Sygate Firewall Run Avast every day along with Spy programs every day About two days or so ago when I double click on My Computer and double click on C drive the Windows Installer begins to install Roxio CD and DVD Creator Don't know what all of a sudden caused that to happen but I uninstalled Roxio Also for last few days when I click on My Computer My Documents or whatever else I may click on or want to open nothing happens Nothing opens So I'll have to shut down and restart That has never happened until few days ago Also today another thing began to happen Every now and then when I click on something whatever I may click on a msg will appear with this message from Explorer exe Application Error The Instruction at quot OxO c quot referenced memory at quot OxO c quot The memory could HELP! I'm in trouble again!! not be read Click ok to terminate or cancel to debug the program Don't know what has happened If I click either ok or debug the program everything will HELP! I'm in trouble again!! stall desktop goes black a few seconds pass and it comes back up Is there a way to put HELP! I'm in trouble again!! my XP disc in shut off computer turn back on and somehow see if there may be Windows or system files missing How do I do that I run the Windows XP System Check and it runs ok What must I do I hate to have to totally re-install Windows but to me it does sound like my Windows may be corrupted and will have to re-install What do any of you think Below is my HiJackThis log Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you very much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsas exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities WinStylerThemeSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files ePrompter ePrompter exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run PrevxHome C Program ... Read more

A:HELP! I'm in trouble again!!

You are correct that nothing here looks suspicious.

Moving your thread over to the Windows XP forum for further assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-im-in-trouble-again-28519.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Am running XP with SP Mozilla Firefox HiJackThis CWShredder SpySweeper Ad-Aware SE with VX add-on SpywareGuard and Blaster and keep WinPatrol running Have Avast Anti-Virus HELP! in again!! trouble I'm and Sygate Firewall Run Avast every day along with Spy programs every day About two days or so HELP! I'm in trouble again!! ago when I double click on My Computer and double click on C drive the Windows Installer HELP! I'm in trouble again!! begins to install Roxio CD and DVD Creator Don't know what all of a sudden caused that to happen but I uninstalled Roxio Also for last few days when I click on My Computer My Documents or whatever else I may click on or want to open nothing happens Nothing opens So I'll have to shut down and restart That has never happened until few days ago Also today another thing began to happen Every now and then when I click on something whatever I may click on a msg will appear with this message from Explorer exe Application Error The Instruction at quot OxO c quot referenced memory at quot OxO c quot The memory could not be read Click ok to terminate or cancel to debug the program Don't know what has happened If I click either ok or debug the program everything HELP! I'm in trouble again!! will stall desktop goes black a few seconds pass and it comes back up Is there a way to put my XP disc in shut off computer turn back on and somehow see if there may be Windows or system files missing How do I do that I run the Windows XP System Check and it runs ok What must I do I hate to have to totally re-install Windows but to me it does sound like my Windows may be corrupted and will have to re-install What do any of you think Below is my HiJackThis log Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you very much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities WinStylerThemeSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files ePrompter ePrompter exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run PrevxHome C Program... Read more

A:HELP! I'm in trouble again!!

Hi
There is nothing in the log..its clean.I would suggest you post your prob in the XP forum.They maybe better able to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-im-in-trouble-again-28505.html
Relevancy 23.22%

HI could anybody help me? i just formatted my usb pen and i saved pictures onto it. when i went ot open them a screen came up saying it was not formatted and would i like to format now i said yes. then a screen popped up saying it cant format it.
then i tried to save a word document on to it to see if it would save and it said u do not have access to contact the administrator but i am the administrator.
it worked perfectly before i formatted it. any ideas? thank u !!

Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Toshiba Satelite A -S running Windows XP with Service Pack When I put a CD in nothing happens When I go to My Computer the DVD-ROM drive doesn t even appear DVD-ROM Trouble as a drive The Device manager has a Yellow Exclamation Point over the DVD-ROM drive which is quot TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R quot When I double-click on it I get this message in the properties window quot Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device Code quot I tried clicking on quot Update Driver quot but it says it cannot find anything I tried clicking on quot roll back driver quot but it says there is nothing to roll back to And I tried uninstalling the driver and then telling the Device Manager to quot Search for hardware changes quot It puts the DVD-ROM drive back in the Device Manger but does not fix the problem Can someone please DVD-ROM Trouble help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 23.22%

System is running very slow Sometimes numerous clicks are required to transmit Trouble Man's One info Bandwidth seems to be drained sometimes as slow as One Man's Trouble the ol' dial up days even though I'm running at mbps One Man's Trouble Something seems to be using alot of ram as well Can y'all help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS System igfxpers exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC WINDOWS System WLTRAY exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS System igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system ICO EXEC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files Roxio Roxio DVDMax Player PDVDServ exeC Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus APVXDWIN EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus PsCtrls exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus pavsrv exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus AVENGINE EXEC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus PsImSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exec program files panda software panda antivirus WebProxy exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Thaxter Cooper Desktop hijackthis sfx exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files WinZip WINZIP EXEC PROGRA WINZIP wzqkpick exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Documents and Settings Thaxter Cooper Local Settings Temp wz dd HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dictionary reference com wordoftheday O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS System igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS System WLTRAY exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C... Read more

A:One Man's Trouble

Your log looks clean to me. You do have a lot of programs running at startup that you don't necessarily need and that is probably slowing you down more than you'd like. But I don't see any indication of malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84536/one-mans-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Trouble Bad I followed all of the do-this-first steps I just uninstalled Webroot - long sorty but it found quot backdoor trojan progdav quot on my system daily I would appreciate Bad Trouble any help THANK YOU AVG Spybot and McAfee stinger did not find anything Ad-aware ound and deleted some stuff I downloaded Zone Alert Firewall protection Panda found Incident Status Location Adware adware sidesearch Not disinfected c program files Lycos Spyware spyware searchcentrix Not disinfected Windows Registry Potentially unwanted tool application mywebsearch Not disinfected hkey classes root clsid A E-EEE - - EA - E CDD Adware adware dyfuca Not disinfected Windows Registry Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Customer Cookies customer com txt Spyware Cookie Target Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Customer Cookies customer target txt Virus Bck Freeze C Disinfected C Documents and Settings Customer Local Settings Temp GLF B EXE Adware Adware SideSearch Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Customer Local Settings Temp ss cdt setup exe dll Adware Adware SideSearch Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Customer Local Settings Temp ss cdt setup exe offline htm Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C RECYCLER NPROTECT TXT Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C RECYCLER NPROTECT TXT Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C RECYCLER NPROTECT TXT And the new version of Hijack This log is as follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME Customer LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system ntos exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar no name - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run AVG CC quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe quot STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeO - HKLM Run QuickTi... Read more

A:Bad Trouble

Hello there and welcome to Bleeping Computer's security forum.My name is David, I will be helping you with your log today.It is a good idea to print off these instructions. There is a possibility some of the instructions will need to be carried out where internet access is not available. It is important that you complete the instructions in the right order, and that you don't miss out any steps.Please move HijackThis to another location, preferably c:\Program Files\HijackThis. Anywhere is fine, other than your Desktop or a Temp folder. If HijackThis is in a temporary folder you run the risk of accidentally deleting the backups or it clutters your desktop with all the backups.If you use Windows XP it might be that you just double clicked on the file HijackThis.exe, but that only extracts the file to a temporary folder. Please select the file and Extract it to a folder.How do you make a permanent folder:Click "My Computer", then "C:\" and then on "Program Files".In the menu bar, "File"->"New"->"Folder".That will create a folder named "New Folder", which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".Now you have "C:\Program Files\HijackThis". Put your HijackThis.exe there.I see you are running Teatimer.I suggest you to disable it because it can interfere with the changes you'll make on your system.When everything is done and your log is clean again, you can enable it again.If teatimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made, allow this instead of blocking it.How to disable TeaTimer during HijackThis CleanupThen, Download ResetTeaTimer.bat.Double click ResetTeaTimer.bat to remove all entries set by TeaTimer.Open hijackthis, click 'config' (bottom right) Choose the tab 'misc Tools' on top.Choose 'delete a file on reboot'. In the field, copy and paste the filepath a few lines below.Click open. Hijackthis will tell you that this file will be deleted on next reboot and if you want to reboot now.When asked if you want to reboot now, say Yes.:C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exeAfter the reboot, start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following if still present:F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exe,O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file) Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!Download and save Blacklight to your desktop.Double-click blbeta.exe then accept the agreement.Click on scan then click next,You'll see a list of all items found.Do not choose for rename yet! I want to see the log first; legitimate items can also be present.There is a log on your desktop with the name fsbl.xxxxxxx.log (the xxxxxxx stand for numbers)Post the contents of the log in your next reply.Please download Combofix to your desktop.Doubleclick combo.exe to launch the application.Follow the prompts that will be displayed on the screen.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished, it should produce a log, combofix.txt.Post this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77109/bad-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a NT and am having trouble connecting to my DSL ActionTec modem using RJ If i leave the modem and PC off for a while more than a few minutes the PC can talk to the DSL and i can connect to the internet for a bit After a minute or maybe when I go to another web page i lose the connection - page not found I can t ping the modem in a DOS shell and at this point rebooting the PC and modem will result in not even the momentary connection I have to DSL TROUBLE NT TCP-IP tried a new modem from my ISP - same trouble and the modem and phone line works with a borrowed PC using USB i have also tried HDCP and using a specific address with the same results I have run spybot adaware norton virus checks i also had zone alarm installed but removed it with some difficulty in regaining control of all addressing My ISP has kind of washed their hands of the trouble after it slipped out that another PC works with the line and modem Any ideas nbsp

A:NT to DSL TCP-IP TROUBLE

Does your ISP offer a static IP or does it, like AOL, change every time you log on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-to-dsl-tcp-ip-trouble.316737/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi All

I was today removing some crap from my (Add/Remove) and i think i might have deleted a Microsoft Programme by mistake..Anyway i shut my computer down but when it statred to reboot it only reboot a little before shutting down and trying to reboot again.
It just won't allow me to boot up..?
Im running Windows 2000 Pro..and i have no disc?
Is there anything i can download to boot from?
Can anyone help?
Is it a virus? or is it something i did myself?

Thanx in advance

Andrew Looby

A:Big Trouble (I think)

Why no Win 2000 disk?

Sounds like you need to run a Repair, but thats not going to be possible without the disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-trouble-i-think.327126/
Relevancy 23.22%

Recently, my mother has tried to play an audio cd on her computer. The drive LED light will light up when she places the cd on her computer, but then stop.

she can go to her cdrom drive (which is e and it will read that there is no disk in the drive.

command prompt will read the same thing.

I have tried a system restore, but that did not help (incase it was a software problem).

I'm not sure what is wrong, she has in the past been able to play audio and data cds, but now, nothing.

A:CD ROM trouble? Can you help?

So it won't play any CDs?
What is your operating system?
What does it say about the CD drive in device manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-trouble-can-you-help.351071/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an acer travelmate 3275 with a built in cam.the problem is that every time i try to switch on the cam it does not connect and shows a warning that the cam is in use by some other application though there is nothing else running.what should i do??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-trouble.592718/
Relevancy 23.22%
Q: trouble

i just built my own computer is runs xp home has pchips m848alu motherboard 20gb seagate hdd and 2800+ amd sempron 2.0ghz cpu whenever i start up the pc it loads up to desktop screen and then after ten seconds every thing freezes i resart but the same thing happens also the computer recognizes the cpu as a sempron 2400 instaed of a 2800 ???anyone know how to fix ???? thnx

A:trouble

Is this a fresh installation of Windows XP ? Or did you download and install any software on it yet/ been online with it.
I'd download Memtest86 (my signature) follow instructions and run at least 10 loops on the memory to see if its faulty.

Also go in the BIOS and check the settings (FSB/ multiplier) for your CPU - they arent set correctly and thats why its not detected as the correct CPU.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-55607.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi as you can tell I am a newby in the forum I am looking to seek help with Internet Explorer continually giving me an error message and wanting to close once retsarted it runs OK this is only since I ran a Microsoft Update Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS With Trouble Ie system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS arservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS system WTMKM exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files G-Zapper GZapper EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system atwtusb exeC Program Files Webroot Washer WasherSvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www wanadoo co uk iesearch default htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com Trouble With Ie svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided By WanadooR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO IEPlugin Class - CF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C Program Files Advanced System Optimizer IEHelper dllO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run MacrokeyManager WTMKM exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKCU Run G-Zapper quot C Program Files G-Zapper GZapper EXE quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup PinMcLnk lnk C hp bin cloaker exe User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button... Read more

A:Trouble With Ie

If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijackthis log, in this thread, so I can help you with your malware problems.
If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122644/trouble-with-ie/
Relevancy 23.22%

I've recently bought a new computer, it came with Windows XP install.

I seem to already having a problem.
When I got the computer, I set up 3 users one for each of my family members. I installed all of the programs I wanted, including the broadband.

First Problem: now broadband wont automatically connect, when you use a different user (other than mine) you have to manually connect. who do I change this? for ALL users.

(nb: all users are "computer administrator" accounts)

Second Problem: My mother, somehow set her hotmail to be all stupid. Yes, stupid. Now it says just under my name (in the login screen) "Jack has 3 new messages" and its assigned to my mothers e-mail. How do I change it to mine (without lettting XP save my password for everything)? or get rid of it completely?

A:XP Trouble

Hi Zero369,

Welcome to TSF.

As for your email, u can try going to control panel - user account. select the respective user account and select change my .Net Passport.

I hope that helps alittle :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-trouble-55161.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello your website is amazing I have followed instructions to remove Trojan Vundo and Trojan Winfixer from this site and I think I may have it finally cleaned I closely followed recent posts concerning trojan vundo and winfixer I was hoping someone could interpret In Trouble? Still my Hijack This log and let me know if anything bad is still trying to cling to life This is my first post so I hope I have followed protocol and posted correctly Thank you very Still In Trouble? much for any help you can offer Happy Thanksgiving Will Logfile of Trend Still In Trouble? Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Iomega REV System Software RevUDF exeC Program Files Iomega REV System Software ImIconXp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files GTCO CalComp TabletWorks TWCP exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E A IC EXEC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Research In Motion BlackBerry DesktopMgr exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion RIMDeviceManager RIMDeviceManager exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers BbDevMgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Download HiJackThis exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO no name - A E - C - E B- - AC A D - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run DeviceDiscover... Read more

A:Still In Trouble?

I have since uninstalled an old version of Java.. (I guess Vundo comes in through old java?)O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin\npjpi142.dllI removed the following with HijackThis tool:O20 - Winlogon Notify: qjlknqfu - qjlknqfu.dll (file missing)O16 - DPF: ppctlcab - http://www.pestscan.com/scanner/ppctlcab.cabO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [980ffee1] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fvvwevvj.dll",bAny help would be appreciated.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117750/still-in-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

When i start my computer it automatically takes me to the optional boot screen you know the one where you can start in safe mode last known configuration and so on No matter which of these i pick it brings me straight to a blue screen which says If this is the first time yoiu have seen this screen restart your computer if this screen appears again try the following Check if any newly installed hardware in think im trouble.....HELP! I softare is connected properly if yes remove any newly installed hardware software if you need to boot in safe-mode restart your computer and press f when loading no matter what i do i cannot get past this bloody blue screen except restart the computer i think that the problem is the software but i cant get to the desktop to remove it so very annoying i have tried booting in safe mode last I think im in trouble.....HELP! known configuration and normally but NONE of them work If I think im in trouble.....HELP! anyone has a way for me to backup any of my stuff on my computer please let me know thanx Lem

A:I think im in trouble.....HELP!

Hi Lem02 and welcome to TSF!

Did you recently install any software or hardware? Also, does the blue screen have ANY other info on it (even if it looks like gibberish)?

One way to back up your data would be to take the hard drive out of the machine and hook it up to another and copy the data across that way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-think-im-in-trouble-help-53219.html
Relevancy 23.22%

A few months ago I downloaded a file from Trouble Ie Limewire and I've had trouble with Internet Explorer ever since First Limewire wouldn't shut down so I removed it completely Now whenever Firefox or IE is Ie Trouble open about once a minute IE opens up on it's own The page it goes to is usually somehow associated with whatever I'm looking at as if someone googled the page I'm looking at and put the result in a pop up I've taken all the steps in the 'Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer' thread to no avail So here is my hijack this log PLEASE help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXEC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Vinny Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login live com login srf id amp s EN amp lc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe StartO - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exeO - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeO - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSSched... Read more

A:Ie Trouble

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110717/ie-trouble/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have no idea how to get IIS to work. The documentation doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm trying to get FrontPage 98 to work with IIS, but I can't seem to be able to access any information on the Web Server with IIS.

Does anyone know how to get FrontPage 98 to work in XP? Also, how can I configure IIS as a web server since it replaces the servers that come with FrontPage 98?

Eagle Eyes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-iis-47507.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm not I'm In Hello, Trouble... Trouble. Serious sure how I should even go about starting this My bank Hello, I'm In Trouble... Serious Trouble. account has shut off my visa check card due to quot possible fraud quot This morning I woke up to find I had over of charges from some internet web hosting company Upon calling them even they had no idea how I could have setup websites That's Hello, I'm In Trouble... Serious Trouble. just a taste Recently I've noticed that for some reason my entire computer will just lock up There is still internet activity through Zone Alarm but I can't do anything but move the mouse All my disks check out fine NOD runs daily and is updated daily Adware finds nothing and Spybot S amp S finds nothing This has gotten to the point that now I have been getting emails regarding websites I visit even listing certain search terms I've used as headers of emails I'm to the point I'm going to have to redo all my banking all my emails and possibly reformat my computer and cancel my ISP and sign back up with a new account Can anybody help Even my email program Thunderbird I turned the computer on and the thing was just gone all my settings gone I'm also getting actual physical letters in the mail about web activity I don't want to elaborate further but to say I am literally wondering what the F K has happened About weeks ago I came home and turned my computer on to find there was a new ASP NET user installed on my computer I had no user accounts setup other than guest and my own name as admin So What on earth have I come across In years online I have never come across anything like this before This is my HJT Log from a fresh bootup Any thoughts Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logishrd lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper Home Edition DKService exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeD Downloads HijackThis exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper Home Edition DfrgNTFS exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www bnsf com webconnect index htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn y... Read more

A:Hello, I'm In Trouble... Serious Trouble.

Hi and welcome,Sorry for the delay. We get fair busy here.If you still need assistance please post a fresh hijackthis log here and a brief description of any changes since last post.Although I see nothing in your HJT log this does not mean nothing is wrong.It sounds like you got not only keylogger infection but likely a backdoor/RAT as well.A keylogger is a program (often hidden) that sits in the background recording keystrokes, mouse movements and other things you do.This info is then sent to the attacker at regular intervals.A backdoor is a program (often hidden) that usually holds open a "port" to allow intruders access to your PC.Once they have access they can do pretty much whatever you can except physically touch the machine.Many backdoors have keylogging ability.Many also can use the computer for malicious activity such as spamming, DDos attacks on other computers, install an FTP server for distributing warez, and so on.I trust you have contacted your banks, credit card companies and so on to have accounts changed?Any online accounts/sensitive sites you will need to change your passwords from a clean computerDon't use this one for any sensitive activity till the issue is resolved.It should also be taken offline untill the issue is resolved.Here's some info that can hopefully help you out:How do I handle possible Identity theft, Internet Fraud & CC Fraud?:http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451Reading your intro makes me figure there has been several modifications to your system and we might not find them all or be able to fix everything.You've already had your identity stolen and I don't know if I would trust the computer since it sounds like whoever attacked you has likely modified the computer in such a way to make it easier to gain access even if we do find the infection and clean it out.Cases like this format is usually the best option.This way you know the system can be trusted and will be safe to use.When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063Should you decide to format this guide may help with getting it done safely:http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/reformat/ Let me know please what you have done so far and if you need any further assistance.Blender

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104417/hello-im-in-trouble-serious-trouble/