Windows Support Forum

Dell Latitude bios password removal

Q: Dell Latitude bios password removal

I hope somebody can help me

My sister bought from a friend a Dell Latitude D510, it works fine, but I need to change the boot order and find that the bios has a password, and my sister's friends went to live to another city, so I can't get the password from him.

The id of the computer are:

Service Tag 2BPTN91
Express Service Code 5062066165

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Latitude bios password removal

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi there!!! Hope some of you can help me.. im in big troubles, my laptop del latitude d600 ask for a bios password that i cannot found, i already tried with the latitude.exe program but it does not work properly, it gives me back a pass that is invalidate. the tag number that is printed in the lap is D6MRQ41 and in the dos window I typed latitude 12345 and then latitude D6MRQ41, the password didnt help me at all.... can somebody give a reason?? Urgently!!!

A:Dell Latitude BIOS removal

Please post in the correct forum from now on and read the FAQs.
This belongs in the laptop / mobile computing forum.
Relevancy 92.88%

just want to know the bios password for a dell latitude d610

serial #gw9f21j-595b

just wanted the password thanks!

if anybody can help!

A:please help dell latitude bios password

On that modell you can short epp ou read to get rid off pw
Relevancy 92.45%

just like every one else i cant seem to remove the password from
my dell Dell Latitude d420, can any one help out here?

A:Dell Latitude D420 BIOS Removal

Did you have a look at the thread at the top of this forum?

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Relevancy 92.02%

Hey guyz i was wondering if anyone could help me with breaking the bios password of a dell latitude C610 bios password.
Computer description:

Dell Latitutde C610

Model No: PP01L

Service Tag: 7YBM51S (Sticker Under the laptop)

Service Tag: #7YBM51S - 595B (Shown on the screen when turned on)

If you could help to find the master bios password for this, it would be a great help for me.

Thank you.

A:Dell Latitude C610 bios password

Will do
Thank you
Relevancy 92.02%

All hi.
please help me.
Makeell Latitude D620
Tecnical problems existent ...!
Dell Latitude D620 bios password
#7HHYF2J-595B grey screen numbers of this wat keys please to write ?
Thank you friends...

A:Dell Latitude D620 bios password?

All hi.
please help me.
Makeell Latitude D620
Tecnical problems existent ...!
Dell Latitude D620 bios password
#7HHYF2J-595B grey screen numbers of this wat keys please to write ?
Thank you friends...
Relevancy 92.02%

I've a Dell Latitude 610 laptop that I bought on Ebay. Unfortunately the seller didn't provide me with the Bios password. I've been reading the other threads and I've tried the latitude.exe program but my service key doesn't work as its a 595b.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated!

email removed

A:Bios Password needed Dell Latitude 610

All Techspot`s Dell password removal knowledge is contained in this thread HERE
Relevancy 92.02%

please, any ony help me
I forget the password
tag srv: HWDG03J
EXP srv code : 389-627-989-75
email removed

A:Dell latitude d630 bios password
Moderator Edit:
Free Help Here:
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi member name removed ,

Hope you will be able to provide a key for the following service tag.

Story below,

Acquired laptop from computer auction without checking it myself 1st, only to get home and find bios password set, have left various voicemails with person holding auction and have yet to have any of my calls returned.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help.

A:Dell Latitude 610 Bios Password Request

Rather than start a new thread I hope you don't mind if I join you.

I have a new work laptop and a work issued external cdrom. I need to do some important work but they mis-configured the pc and I cannot connect the drive or my digital camara for the photos. As such I need the admin password, to change the boot order, to change the windows admin password, to enable installation of hardware under my user account. My work's only solution was to send the laptop back for them to rebuild.

Please help me, my service no. B2C3T0J-595B, and my email address is in my profile.

Relevancy 92.02%

I hope that someone will be able to help me with a BIOS password for a Dell D The service tag is JGY J- B The HDD lock of which I know the password says MZ - B Story I took the laptop Bios password latitude Dell D600 over from my company when all computers were replaced by a newly hired service provider IBM The previous IT Bios password Dell latitude D600 service provider had put in the password and left Obviously these guys cannot be traced anymore to get the Bios password Dell latitude D600 password or a bill for this particular laptop of a few years old if existing guess they bought them in one big order So Dell does not help In fact it is not such a big problem just annoying Obviously I know the HDD password deleted the old windows ran FDISK to remove the DOS partition and installed Linux Ubuntu from CD The annoying thing is that I cannot change the date time is blocked Thanks if someone can help out Ruud nbsp

A:Bios password Dell latitude D600

Do a search of this forum. There are ample posts regarding this subject about the D600 password.
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude D620 with service tag #3TSFN2J-595B, and I canīt access the bios, iīve tried the shorting method but it havenīt worked, there is no eeprom to flash... I also tried the master passwords you give in some threads, with no luck... I disconneceted the CMOS battery, no luck...
I also tried the boot cds you link in some posts, but i canīt not boot from the cd even if i take out hdd...Iīm becoming crazy! could you help me?

Thanks in advance from Spain,

Mauri Gómez

A:Dell Latitude D620 BIOS Password

Short answer: You need the original password.
That unit has been refurbished by a Dell-authorized shop (as all with the 595B are) so the restore discs cannot be used.
All of the suggestions your tried, are known not to work in that model... The D600 and D620 are the most difficult of all Dells to fix. You will likely need to replace the motherboard with one known to work. Most of the boards on eBay have the same problems you have.
Relevancy 90.73%

Dear friends.

I have a problem with my DELL LATITUDE D800. I lost the BIOS PASSWORD. The message in the screen is:

"This computer system # C3CWZ41-595B, is protected by a password
authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password. Please type in the primary or administrator password and press Enter".

Please help me. I shortcircuit the pins 3 and 6 of the CI 24C02, 3 and 7 and 4 and 5 too. Do nothing. Finally changed the chip 24C02 by 24C256N. The Screen message persists.

Please. Help me. Is very important for me.
Moderator Edit:
Free Help Here:
Bests Regards
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a dell latitude D531 that has a Bios password.... the service tag # is 2G5G4G1-3A5B. Is there anyway around this password?

A:HELP!!!!! Dell Latitude D531 Bios Password lock... Any way around?

Hi Rivers -
Have you given that info to Dell and asked them for their ideas yet ??

2 things -
1 / It is forum policy not to direct you how to find these exactly - You mayy be the legal owner but we have no way of knowing -
2 / Have you fully been through Google yet ??

Regards -
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello Everyone!

I need Help with my DEll Latitude D620.

Could you tell me how to remove the BIOS Password Or I need a code to unlock it.

The Service Tag: JP96VC1

Express service code: 42885955873

Thank you

A:Dell Latitude D620 BIOS password issue
Relevancy 90.73%

I have seen several people with the same problem. My daughter received a Dell Latitude C400 from her boss and it was working. Somehow the bios password got set and I cannot resolve it. I have spoken with Dell support and they generated a passwork that did not work. I have also tried to use latitude.exe with the same results. I have read that it will not work with a service code ending in -595B. I have also read that member name removed can get around this problem. Can anyone help.

Service Code #5HCW311-595B
Express Service Code 11933488981

Thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude C400 Bios Password Protected

Hi jaa55 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say which password is set, it can be 1 of 2.

1 is easy gotten rid of, the other not so easy.

Removed not required text

Relevancy 90.73%

If anyone could help (Rustam I have heard mentioned) I would be most greatful. I got the above mentioned laptop off ebay for an ill family member whom cant get around too well and needs a good laptop for computing.

Its service tag is f86mgc1-595b

I was able to remove one password with removing the cmos battery, but it still has the main passwords in the bios locked. The unlock -setup- password, admin password are locked. I reset the system password by removing the cmos battery.

We'd be most greatful.

A:Dell Latitude D620 Bios Password Reset

See the thread on this forum related to this issue. It will take a long time to read through it, and there is even a disc available that if often helpful... some models cannot be saved, while most others can be rescued.
Relevancy 90.73%

If anyone can help I'll be forever in your debt.
I've had a look around the other threads and nobody seems to have a clear answer on how to get around the grey screen which is stopping me from loading up my laptop.
It asks for the system/admin password which I don't have as I bought this from an auction in work.

If anybody can help me to crack this I will be very happy!

I'm posting this so that I can PM!

I'm posting this so that I can PM!2

I'm posting this so that I can PM! 3

I'm posting this so that I can PM! 4

A:Dell Latitude D610 Bios Password Problem!

2. READ the FAQs.
3. Post your QUESTION ONCE. If people wish to reply they will and you'll get a better response by posting in the right area. Please read the rules for newcomers. Bumping does not work on TS.
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi There,
I have locked myself out of the BIOS and wondering how I would get the password reset. Thank you,
Relevancy 89.01%

I purchased a Dell Latitude C C model PP L at the Salvation Army s outlet store I can not access any drives CD Hard-drive floppy-drive nor can I access CMOS-Setup I simply receive a Message quot quot This computer system WJP - B tools/knowledge C600 notebook Need Latitude the get to Dell Password for BIOS the is protected by a password authentication system You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password and press lt Enter gt quot quot I noticed that Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook the website postings mentioned quot latitude exe quot password generator file program which I tried but it is geared to only receiving five Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook characters for the Service Tag I also saw mention of Latitude MasterPW exe as being able to generate a Latitude password in response to receiving the Service Tag as an input instruction but I have not seen that anywhere for downloading Where can Latitude MasterPW exe password generator file be downloaded and does anyone know if it would solve my problem and work for my model C C Latitude Any help would be appreciated My Dell is a Latitude C C model PP L Computer system WJP - B Service Tag WJP Express Service Code Thanks in advance Moderator Edit Those free programs are in this thread http www techspot com vb topic html nbsp

A:Need the tools/knowledge to get the BIOS Password for Dell Latitude C600 notebook

you can try finding the manual online and see what it says about resetting the laptop cmos.
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a dell xps m140 and trying to remove the bios password. can someone please explain to me the location of the chip and which pins to jumpered, thanks

Moderator Edit:
Free Help Here:
Relevancy 84.28%

The Paragon site is now back up and working fine, but under new management and ownership, some of the software is rar's and

As always please read the site through before asking any questions, you can PM me if you want and I will answer when I am available.

The site address is now

link removed
IDIDMYC600: EX owner but webmaster of the paragon password removal site

Moderator Edit:
Try here first: >>>>>>>> (free info supplied)

A:Dell BIOS password removal

The previous Dell bios password removal thread can be found HERE.

Please note: Anyone who comes here offering password removal at a price, will be banned.

Regards Howard
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a dell 700m Inspiron Laptop. The Service Tag: 3F68Q51 & Express Service Code: 7447824469. Could someone please provide me with the master password. I forgot my personal password. Please help, Please

A:Dell BIOS Password Removal

Is this what you are looking for:
Dell admin password removal???
Relevancy 84.28%

I bought my dell latitude 400cs second-hand at a thrift store, with no way of finding the previous owner.and dell won't help.... Anybody have some ideas no how to remove it? It won't let me change any bios settings. help.............. :suspiciou

A:Dell BIOS Password Removal

Is it the bios pw or the logon pw?
Relevancy 84.28%

This is the new Dell bios password removal thread. The previous thread was closed, due to the number of pages/replies etc.

Please note: Anyone who comes here offering password removal at a price, will be banned. No exceptions.

Ididmyc600 said:

The Paragon site is now back up and working fine, but under new management and ownership, some of the software is rar's and passworded and the password is "smellyalater"

As always please read the site through before asking any questions, you can PM me if you want and I will answer when I am available.

The site address is now
Link Removed
IDIDMYC600: EX owner but webmaster of the paragon password removal siteClick to expand...

The previous Dell bios password removal thread can be found HERE.

Regards Howard

Free help here:

Date: May 2009
Relevancy 83.42%

Please help me to clear the Bios password of the Dell latitude D520
Service tag: #CPG3N1S-595B
Express Service Code: 27660086128
REV A01 (I am not sure if this is Bios version but I found it underneath of the laptop in case if you need it)

I looked at the Paragon site but there is no D520 model so I dont know what to do to get the password or some way to crack it. Please help me

Thanks a lot and hope I got a reply from you soon
you can email at: email removed

A:Dell D520 Bios Password Removal

thanks so much but may be this is my last solution cuz this is not my laptop, so I dont want to pay for it.
I am still waiting for Rutam reply

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 83.42%

To the password keeper I have a good friend that has asked for my assistance This person has assisted me in the past with personal issues and I have a big debt to repay to Dell 2007) Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec him He has asked me to remove the protection on a Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007) laptop that he purchased on the street for his daughter as he is a person of limited means I am by trade a computer technician and have worked around the BIOS password however the HD is also protected He does not as I do not have the required funds to purchase another hard drive for this machine Your password would assist me in partially repaying my debt to my friend and allow me to offer a young lady a chance to experience the internet I hope this helps Thank You Joe Thank you SIR Much appreciated your help could Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007) not have done without you Cheers comrad Moderator Edit Free Help Here http www techspot com vb topic html nbsp

A:Dell Bios Password removal (Nov-Dec 2007)

All posts regarding Dell BIOS or HDD password removal should be added here!
Do not open new threads!

Also, before posting check this assistance thread which may resolve your problem.

Thank you.

i have a dell inspiron and i need the bios password

the service tag is bzkn9b1-595b
service code express 26095599325

i call dell but dont have solution for mi problem i buy this laptop in a fleamarket
please help me i pay 500 usd an i cant use it
Relevancy 83.42%

I need help with my dell latitude d400 it has an administrator password on the bios and i cant get it off can some one help me? The computer system #646cj71-595b Thank You

A:Dell D400 bios password removal??

Thank you it really help
Relevancy 82.56%

I purchased this surplus computer from a company and found that the bios is password protected. I am trying to install some new hardware and need to get into the bios to set some parameters. Is there anyway to remove the password?

A:Dell Optiplex X260 Bios Password Removal

You could try my site, it deals with Dell laptops but it may also help your desktop PC.

Have you had a look inside the case, there is sometimes a jumper or dipswitch on the Dell Optiplex ( i have been inside many 250's and 270's) that will wipe the BOIS to defaults, and or remove passwords.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hello there, I need help unlocking my laptop
Is there anyone that could help me?

I get the gray screen asking for administrator password.

Please help''

My service tag number is H7J3M71
email removed
thank you so much''

Moderator Edit:
Free Help Here:

A:Dell inspiron 6000 bios password removal

please read the FAQs:
Relevancy 82.56%

Please refer to the message below for information on how to remove your Dell laptop BIOS password. The information also applies to other manufacturers and summarizes a wealth of data collected from previous threads and thousand of posts related to this problem.

We no longer support any further discussion on this topic as we believe all the free help that could be given is already out there (the post below sums it up pretty well). You can always go back to your system manufacturer for support, as well as google for the dozens of third party paid support providers that are available online.

Summary of laptop password help thread:

A:Dell BIOS password removal. Read this first BEFORE posting.

Mobile Password Help

The following support information and downloads, are provided to help members freely remove their laptop password
If all options have been tried and you still require help removing your password, search Google for 3rd party alternatives
TechSpot forums and all support is provided freely at all times, it is against our guidelines to link to external paid services
You are advised to try any or all options, with your first point of contact being the laptop manufacture, being the best option

TechSpot forums are FREE and manufacture support only

Click >Dell Support and System Information for a particular Service Tag

> Click > HP Live Chat, Drivers, Warranty and Support Information thread

> Click > Toshiba BIOS Setup / BIOS settings -- access instructions
Reset password on Satellite A205:
Reset password on Satellite A100 / A105:

Password types :

Power On Password (pop). this password can be reset by unplugging the cmos battery for a while, and plugging it back in.

Supervisor/bios Password (svp). this requires reading the eeprom chip (8 leg or 14 leg) with an electronic device by using another pc's serial port or by paperclip method if model type available.

Hard Drive Password (hdp). this is usually tied to svp, but not all the time. it requires special software and a library of known manufacturer's password. but can be cracked either recovering the data or wiping the data.
Transfer of Product Ownership
International warranty contact phone numbers

Old closed threads, with lots of info:
Dell BIOS password removal (Jun 07 - Sep 07) (543 replies)
HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help thread (Jan-Mar 2008) (533 replies)
HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - July 2008) (937 replies)
HP / Dell / etc. laptop password help thread (Aug 08 - Apr 2009) (2200+ replies)

Dell Manuals :

DSTCD.iso : (Release date: 22-November-2005)

"Paperclip Procedure"
HTML Document:
PDF Document:

laptops unlocked:
Chip 24C02 24C04:
Dell IC Numbers:

SvcTag.exe : :
Command line Uses => asset /? (eg Asset /o for owner tag)
CmosPwd :

HP OldPass .zip includes:

[*] unlock6.exe (made in 1997)
[*] BIOS_PW.EXE (made in 2003)
[*] HDD_PW.EXE (made in 2003)

HP Oldpass2 .zip:
As above, made as a copy, using another Zip program

Dell Latitude .zip:
D35B password generator (old generator)

Dell MasterPW .zip:
D35B password generator (old generator)
How to use
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I was wondering if someone can help.
I have a dell d410 with the service tag ending in -595B.
I tried using password.exe but it would not work, their's an administrative password on the computer(bios password) so I can't change any of the reboot settings, I'm completely locked out. I've tried everything.
I'm thinking about short circuiting the eeprom chip on the dell, or replacing the eeprom chip. I really don't know which one is best, or if someone has a password generator or some back door password, or even some technique that has worked. Can someone offer me advice????
Because I read somewhere that when you replace the eeprom chip on dell latitude's when you boot the computer with the new chip the computer explodes, that's suppose to happen because of some type of security measure, Dell has incase labtops are stolen.

A:Dell D410 Bios Password Removal Service Tag -595B

Another Dell D410 with Locked BIOS

Hi, I see that you can help people with a locked BIOS and a Dell D410 model. My service tag is GVY0S91-595B. Can you help me? I have been trying forever to get into this computer. THANK YOU!
Relevancy 76.97%

Trying to reset the password on and old C400, it is asking for primary or administrator password. I have no idea what to put in there, and can't see if  the computer will function at all!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks! 

A:Need the reset for password on Latitude C400, bios revision A06, original password.?

You'll need to call Dell with verification of ownership -- it may not be worth it though, since the call will cost about $60, which is probably about six times more than the entire system is worth.
The other option is to replace the mainboard - which is probably well under $60.
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try )

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?
Relevancy 72.67%

As I'm sure, all of you guys helping out with this issue are probably tired of hearing the same thing, so sorry for the bother, I got me a D610 used, called Dell to transfer ownership, they confirmed, it's not stolen but asked me for the original owners name, no clue since this things been around.
I'm considering changing out the motherboard with one of those $150.00 ebay ones, but thought I'd see if anyone was willing to take a shot. Keep in mind I've read almost every thread on here regarding this issue.

Tag: j0jvz71-595B
Service code: 41392269037

A:Latitude D610 Bios Password help

djboy said:

As I'm sure, all of you guys helping out with this issue are probably tired of hearing the same thing, so sorry for the bother, I got me a D610 used, called Dell to transfer ownership, they confirmed, it's not stolen but asked me for the original owners name, no clue since this things been around.
I'm considering changing out the motherboard with one of those $150.00 ebay ones, but thought I'd see if anyone was willing to take a shot. Keep in mind I've read almost every thread on here regarding this issue.

Tag: j0jvz71-595B
Service code: 41392269037Click to expand...

Hi Djboy,

Is it the grey screen password at power on or just the BIOS password you need.

I ask as you say you have read all the threads on here, so you will know there are 2 types of passwords (actually there is 4 ) but you dont say what you need help with.

As you may have read, member name removed can supply 595B passwords (something I cant yet) or you can go down the shorting method, which despite looking scary has been performed by a few thousand people, I say a few thousand as the hits on my site(addy in my tag) stand to date at over 7000 , I like to think this means at least half of these have followed the shorting guide.

Let me know i'll help as best I can....

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi there,

I've spent hours reading through this forum for solutions on how to remove the admin password on a C820, I've seen that certain members have generators, and also that a short to an EEPROM would clear it, but I can't find information on where this chip is located and what pins to short, but I'd prefer the safer way :"Generated code"

It on of the much hated 595B service tags

Service tag #HKVKL0J-595B

If anybody can help, I'd really appreciate it.

A:Latitude C820 Master Password Removal

Why not contact dell. If you legally own the laptop then they will help.
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all,

I'm new commer..
I have a problem of locked the bios password at my latitude D610 from work,
this laptop also protect byan admin password, so i can't do anything with this laptop at home... is somebody can solve it?

A:unlock bios password latitude D610

no one can't solve this problem huh?
how bout you rustam?
Relevancy 71.81%

I just got a Dell Latitude D620 that has a bios password which I do not have. Can anyone please help with removal of the password or giving the master password. I have read many post from various sources and none has lead to any success including removal of the battery. Please help

Service tag: FLRW3D1-595B

Relevancy 71.81%

I get new e6350 laptop. Installing some software and uninstalling Dell provided software (trend micro and some other). After last boot all things was correct. Now asking BIOS password. I know 100%  that I don't set master password (BIOS). I even don't configured dell security manager.  How I can remove this stupid master password. I have over 20 years experience in computer management.
Local customer support said that in the past has happened, that removing the Dell software it will start prompt BIOS password. This is sick!
All that I can google is are billed services. :(

A:Latitude e6530 BIOS password /1d3d/

Hi Kristo,
Please Private Message the Service Tag and the name as it appears in the records (Click on my name and then click on start conversation). I will try to get you a master password.
Please reply with the information. I will be glad to help you.
Relevancy 71.81%

i have problem with my dell latitude c640, lock with primary password. anyone can help me with my prablem...
Relevancy 71.81%

when i start the Latitude D510 Laptop of my friend, there comes a gray BIOS screen

"This computer system, ..., is protected by a password authentification system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the sytem or administrator password and press <Enter>."

Unfortunately i can not call the dell support, because its not my laptop and i don't have the initial user data of the first owner.

How can i bypass the system. Starting with a bootable CD with svctag.exe didn't worked (he don't started from CD).

I hope, someone can help me.

Thx in advanced.

A:Latitude D510: forgot BIOS Password

Open laptop and serch epp 24cxx and use short metode or read eprom
Relevancy 71.81%

I haven't used this computer in about 2 years, since college, so I set a password that I can't remember. Problem is I can't get into computer start page to even change password because I don't know original. PLEASE HELP ME RESET!

A:Reset Password for Dell Latitude CPx

Welcome to TSF....

Password rule at TSF....

Users may not post hacks, cracks, or give instruction how to pirate any type of software, or anything similar, in any forum of TSF. We do not condone, support or give instruction on any illegal activity pertaining to computer systems, computer hardware, computer software programs or computer related activities. Included in this group of activities are requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests.

Please Read the TSF Rules at this link:
Relevancy 71.81%

please let me know password for Dell D620 Service Tag is JWY63B1. Thanks

A:Dell Latitude D620 password

welcome to the board

please first read and try the search function!

you may also have a look here:
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi All I apologize in advance if I use improper etiquette in the forum I m new to this I bought the Dell for my daughter who would could use it for school I was under the impression from the gentlemen who I had bought it from that all I would need to do is reinstall windows xp and it would work fine I tried this to no avail I called Dell they told me what I would need I contacted the place where I had purchased it a pawnshop and they could not provide me with the information that I needed I noticed there is a way to disasemble the laptop There is no way I would attempt that I came across this forum while searching for a soulution online I noticed that in some of the things others have written that a gentlemen named Rustam might be of assistance I would hope so Thanks everyone Dell Latitude D VCD - B nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D800, Need password. ?

You may want to PM, or email him. Or both.

Both can be found in his profile. link removed

He seems quite good, and sadly, I dont have an answer to your problem.

But I would like to welcome you to techspot.

EDIT I am not sure if this is will help at all but it may be worth a read,
Relevancy 71.81%

:dead: Can you help me please? I have a LOCKED HDD on Dell Latitude 110l, I can get by the first system PW #15TNL81-595B, but the next one is for the HDD....
In my Greyscreen is:

"Hard-disk #***3LE0Z705-595B, the system Primary HDD, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access data on this hard drive without the correct password.

Please type in the hard-drive password and press <Enter>"

Rustam or Predator gurus please help!

A:Dell Latitude 110l HDD Password

Tried asking dell??
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, can anybody help me to erase my HDD PASSWORD?? I can not boot up. after the BIOS startup comes directly the PASSWORD promt.

Harddisk: #2PAX2D3RPRG-595B

if I choose at boot sequence 1. Floppy 2. CD and last HDD. This promt comes too.

Is there any generator or something??

A:Dell Latitude D505 Hdd Password

I try this, but without a good resume. Have you the right http Adress for me, perhapst?
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all, just a first post to say hi. Found this site while doing a google search because my uni student son managed to forget his dell latitude bios password. Done some searching and this seems the right forum to ask for help. Tried dissconecting the bios battery, and contacting dell but unless I have the original owners details to do an ownership transfer they won't help. Its an old c600 notebook that we got on ebay two years ago and has a service number GWJJ51S. Not sure if I can ask for help with this problem but if anyone has an idea I can try for this model I would be very thankfull. cheers

A:Dell Latitude C600 password

Welcome to TechSpot

Did you read the Dell BIOS Password Removal thread?
Relevancy 71.81%

Can you help me?
I bought my Dell Latitude CPx J650CT a couple months ago and have since that tried to discover how to bypass that damn BIOS password!

Code is #L1IGJ**-595B

Thanks already!

A:Need password for Dell Latitude CPx J650CT

See what you can find out here:
Relevancy 71.81%

hi there,

I Opened my dell latitude 110l,to reset all The passwords,I found the Chip Labeled 24lc04b,is this the chip that i should reset.

Please help,thanks in advance

A:Dell latitude 110l Password

right in front of you is the FAQs:
Relevancy 71.81%

hi guys

I bought a second or third hand latitude d600 for my wife.
the laptop is from a insolvency and it has a password on the hdd. I want to use the disk for a fresh install - not interested in the data if there are any.

can somebody provide me with a solution?

thats the code given: #252L2K7WA9B-595B

thanks in advance!

A:HDD password dell latitude d600

anyone or waste it?
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Dell Latitude C810 I enabled the Admin Password in the BIOS. I havent used it in a while and cant remember it. Is there a way to remove the password without performing "surgery" on the chip?

A:Dell Latitude config password help

Is it the grey screen at bootup, or can you not change the BIOS settings,

If its the grey screen then NOPE, unless you can get hold of Rustam and get a password of him..... Rustam comes in occasionally,

If its the BIOS password, then read the site in my tag...

Relevancy 71.81%

I Need a password for a Dell X300, I need to reset or a back door in Service Tag:gtqdp31

A:Dell latitude X300 password

open your case there should be a jumper for the bios password if you remove it you wont require a password hope that helps
Relevancy 71.81%

this is the first time i have been here and i hope that someone can help a rook out...
i just purchased a Dell latitude D610 at a garage sale and it came with no power cord but i was guaranteed that it would work if i bought a power cord for it....i did and now i find out that that thing is protected by an authentication be exact it says:
computer system, #4kckh1s-595b, is protected by a password authentication system. you cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

can someone please help me get pass this...because i need this comp for art school which begins sept 4.....thanks in advance....

A:Dell Latitude D610 password help

There is a ton of stuff on this forum regarding the D610, and passwords.... I think the D610 is one of those that cannot be fixed, but I am certain there are more useful posts on this Techspot forum than anywhere else. There are techs who really know their stuff on Dell boards and paswords.
So do a number of searches here. There is a lot of very helpful information that will save you time.
Good luck. It is a toughie.
You might be thinking about replacing the computer... just because of your Sept 4 deadline... as it may take a longer than that to resolve it.
Good luck to you. Please let us know how it all turns out.
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm Mihai from Romania!
I have a big problem with my laptop. After I've got CPU error (hdd led blink) i decided to buy a motherboard from ebay. The seller did not specify the status of motherboard, that she has bios password.
I try contacted dell trough chat service but they are unable to understand that, I buoyed from ebay, and i can not guarantee the origin of my board.
Here is the ebay link and i can certify the trasaction from paypal or ebay... Is a reseller of computer parts
Is there any hope to get master BIOS pasword in this case?
Thank you in advance!

A:Dell Latitude E6330 BIOS PW

This is a tough one, That can be a problem with buying from Ebay is that if you don't have information of the original purchaser then any existing warranty may not transfer to you,  and tech support will not be able to offer any services, or even help with a BIOS password.  If you haven't already i suggest contacting tech support again and showing all the documents that you have to verify ownership. 
This document goes over more on recovering hardware passwords. 

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all Im new here and im sorry to say that i have to start of with a big plee for help I work for a school in its IT department and i was asked to source a cheap nd hand laptop well i managed to find a good deal on ebay yes i know so i bought it off this guy and well i got it on monday and found the bloody bios is locked I asked the guy for help but he wouldnt reply and has now deleted his account on ebay so im stuck with this useless laptop and im probably gonna get strung up by my boss or fired if i dont sort this so D610 Help Bios Dell Latitude by now you can see wot im asking for does anyone know a way of unlocking this bios with a backdoor password on some keygen my service tag No is G L J- B Bios revision A i realy hope soeone here can help me Many thanks Danny nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D610 Bios Help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE. It may be of assistance.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Relevancy 71.81%

Recently i found my old latitude 2120 while digging through all my junk in my closet the machine has no OS due to a hard drive swap with another machine. I tried to switch the settings to boot form USB to install WIndows 7 but i could do it because the setup is locked does anyone how to unlock it? as, i forgot the passward to my machine

A:Dell Latitude 2120 BIOS

You will need to call Dell with two things:
1.  verification of ownership, and
2.  a credit card (the call won't be free of charge).
They will help you clear the password.
Relevancy 71.81%

I have just bough a used Dell latitude d for my daughter for chirstmass from ebay There is only one problem and I can t seem to fix it Who ever had it before me d600 service tag Dell latitude removal has put the service tag to something very inapproiate I would like to remove it so she does not see it I was told by dell that since I do not have a legitimate service tag hey Dell latitude d600 service tag removal can not help me Other people told me I could use svctag exe or asset exe from dell but they do not help Does anyone have the program or programs I need to remove it and can send it to mel If so please post a link or tell me where to go to get it I would be greatfull EDIT I HAVE THE ISO LINKED ITS ON PAGE TWO PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING ME Moderator Edit No need to message anyone I wouldn t Free help here http www techspot com vb topic html nbsp

A:Dell latitude d600 service tag removal

please anyone have the software to remove this?
Relevancy 70.95%

vga bios needed for latitude 131L

can any one help me to get a vga bios into my dell laptop as flash bios wiped it out

please can any one help
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a dell latitude e6440 and at one time I got an offer to upgrade to windows 10 of which I did. After that I noticed a lot of applications are not working saying the OS has blocked them. Trying to revert to windows 7 is now a problem as the laptop is requiring an administrator password which I do not remember putting it in. 

Please help
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all, sorry for my bad english!
I buy from seller 1pc used Dell Latitude E6410. On HDD no operation system, the bios is protected by password. Boot sequence set only Internal HDD. How can i do install operation system?
What can the password? If i click on unlock icon, write: System number: JSTZXN1-2A7BHelp me, please!Thank you!
Relevancy 70.95%

Can someone help me please?
I bought this on ebay Dell Latitude D620 and i am getting the gray screen of doom i need the password for this computer This computer ststem, #D6ZFWB1-595B, IS PROTECTED BY A PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM

A:Dell Latitude D620 password issue

this system has still warranty. all you need to do is to claim ownership and get the master password from dell. no cheaper option here and of course no free option...

Description: Next Business Day Support
Provider: UNY
Start Date: 12/30/2007
End Date: 12/29/2009
Days Left: 207
Relevancy 70.95%

Help Pls, I could'nt find the 24c.... chip on dell latitude 640m. Can somebody help me here so I can use the shorting method. Or is there any other way out? Help me to locate this chip pls.

A:Admin. password on dell latitude 640m

Admin. password on dell inspiron 640m

Pls, help needed for Admin.password (grey screen)on dell inspiron 640m. I mistakenly posted for latitude 640m earlier. I'm sorry! I actually meant that of dell inspiron 640m. I need help on how to locate the bios chip 24c...... or how to over come the grey screen with Admin. password protection.
Relevancy 70.95%

hi ppl,

got a dell latitude c610 for almost 3 years now, 3 months ago it got broken, some failure on the display, i took it to a locar repair store to have it repaired... it took them 3 months to repair it but now... i cant remember my bios password... could any1 help me getting a master password?

forgot to include my service tag: 66b0021

A:Password lost on Dell Latitude c610
Relevancy 70.95%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)
Relevancy 70.95%

Please I have problem on my Laptop,
Please Can you Help me out,Because i could see you have help a whole lot of people..

Service Tag #DM7GQ1J-595B

A:Administrator Password On Dell Latitude D510

Hi Indubious_ashie and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

have you read this thread here ? or been to my website, if not then do so and all the help you need is there.

Relevancy 70.95%

Daughter left me with her laptop computer that someone used & must have shut down wrong somehow. Now it tells you that the hard drive is password protected and you need to type in a password to boot up. Running XP and has never used a password to boot up so we are at a loss. Any ideas?

Relevancy 70.95%

I am not able to get pass the blue screen that tells me to enter my password. Service Tag number 5HCKHD1. Someone please help me.

A:Dell Latitude D520 Password bypass

I Need Help Too.i Dont Know Who Has A Code Generator For Dell D620
Relevancy 70.95%

I have been digging through endless forums and search engines to try and find a solution to a laptop problem I am having.

It?s a 2nd hand laptop from eBay, a Dell Latitude D600.

What I wanted to do was change the asset information on the splash screen so I got from dell site but it wouldn?t change it as the Configure setup password is enabled and I don?t know what it is.

Do you know a way to get around this so I can change the asset information and remove the configuration password?

Thank you for your time.

A:Dell Latitude D600 BOIS Password (again)

Kieron.Ash said:

I have been digging through endless forums and search engines to try and find a solution to a laptop problem I am having.Click to expand...

More digging needed,sorry.

This is the main Dell password thread HERE

And these are the Techspot members who know about passwords and stuff. rustam and Ididmyc600
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello my friend i have a dell Latitude d800
Service tag : GSSWP31-595B
email : [email protected]
i wait......
Thank you for you coperation.....
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I forgot my password for my Dell Latitude D531 and I don't have a Disk or USB with a password reset file on it. Please help me

A:Forgot password for Dell Latitude D531

Hi and welcome to TSF unfortunately we cannot help with password issues as we have no way to verify the owner of a system.
Relevancy 70.95%

I have bought a second hand Dell and on power up I am asked for a password for which I have no idea nor does the person I bought the laptop from.
I have stripped the laptop to look for jumpers etc. to no avail.
I beleive from what I have seen of the chipset that the password is buried in nvram.
Anybody done a hardware reset of the bios on one of these machines?
Maybe I can short some pins on the nvram (if I could find it).

A:Dell Latitude CPi ds266xt Password issue

kazak said:

I have bought a second hand Dell and on power up I am asked for a passwordClick to expand...

You and several thousand others,

Take a look at this extensive thread here, and then when you have you will know the answer,

Trust me I'm somewhat of an expert, check the website in the tag below
Relevancy 70.95%

My labtop is locked and stuck right when i turn it on it says enter administrative or system password

A:Dell latitude d830 administrative password

Any advise
Relevancy 70.95%

Help with Dell Latitude X300 Bios Password

I don't have the bios And HDD password.
The HD is a Fujitsu MHT2040AH
Please Help!!!

A:Help with Dell Latitude X300 Bios Paassword

Can you check if your HDD Fujitsu MHT2040AH have old or new firmware ?
If old unlock will be no problem - if new - forget it , better buy a new drive .
Your unlock X300 remotly also is not a problem .
Relevancy 70.95%

can anyone tell me or show diagrams of how to reset bios on my laptop. my kids have been playing with the embassy software and now i cant get passed the preboot screen. im sure ive got to scramble the hardware encoded memory chip. but im not totally sure. please please please can anyone save my bacon. many thanx jcogs
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi! :-)
On an A12 BIOS on my E7250, UEFI PXE booting doesn't appear in one-time boot menu and BIOS configuration (of course UEFI Network Stack and NIC w/PXE boot is enabled).After downgrading BIOS to A00, it magically comes back, but after updating back to A12 - it's gone again.
I've also tried A08, no option in here, so it was probably broken before.Legacy NIC boot works nicely and flawlessly.
Are there any Dell guys out here who could forward it to BIOS development team?
Relevancy 70.95%

Trying to upload this E5530 bios. When thru detect drivers which shows 
"Dell Latitude E5530 System BIOS, non-vPro supported (Broadcom TruManage)"A16 as the correct one. It reboots, doesn't display anything and then after I login a window pops up and says no changes were made. I've also tried A10, same thing. I didn't think about the fact that it's in a docking station until I'm just now typing this message. Could that be the issue? I'm not onsite today so can't check for a couple of days.

A:Dell Latitude E5530 bios won't update

What version of the BIOS is on the system at the moment?
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, i am using dell latitude E6410, the warranty ends, i am updating my bios from A11 to A16, the installation run well then a message show Bios Upgrade complete(Or something like that) then it reboot itself then nothing appear, its seem my laptop has brick,  what can i do?the led on on/off switch has not blue light, its just nothing,i try to call dell support they wont help me due to end of warranty , i try to disassembly this laptop then i see dual bios chip, how can i activated the secondary chip or anything can i do to bring this machine back to normal, please i begging anyone please help me i need this laptop to finish my final year project .
Relevancy 70.95%

how to unlock the bios password for Dell Latitude CSX?

A:bios unlock code for Dell Latitude CSX

Contact the manufacturer for help with that issue. Be prepared to provide proof of ownership.You posted in the Win2000 forum. Is the computer in question runnning Win2000?
Relevancy 70.95%

can anyone tell me or show diagrams of how to reset bios on my laptop. my kids have been playing with the embassy software and now i cant get passed the preboot screen. im sure ive got to scramble the hardware encoded memory chip. but im not totally sure. please please please can anyone save my bacon. many thanx jcogs
Relevancy 70.95%

I have laptop Dell Latitude E7440. BIOS version A14. I can't to update BIOS a last version (A17)
I used AC from another model of laptop Dell. Is my way to use bootable USB drive or another?
Log from BIOS - Not applicable (AC)  Is it could a cause?
Thank for your help!
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a c640 which needs a primary bios password, and it appears to me that with a properly designed jumper wire assembly terminals 3 and 6 of the 24c04 chip can be accessed from the ram cover opening without further disassembly. They appear to be the third pair in. the picture I have from the "dellpass manual" is confusing, as the orientation of the enlarged view of the chip appears to be upside down as compared to the view which locates it. Can anyone who has done it confirm this?
Thanks for any input...

A:Latitude c640 Bios password reset, chip jumper

This is not rocket science. If it looks upside down treat it as such
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 and i am getting the gray screen of doom i need the password for this computer. i have opened it up and looked for the EEProm Chip but have not have a good luck with that. any help would be appreciated. i have been looking around for a pic of how the EEProm chip will look like but cant find it.

Service Tag: GB075B1
Express Service Code: 35493978781
When the gray screen comes up it tells me: #GB075B1-595B
Revision on motherboard: Rev 1.0(A00)
Boot Screen: Revision A02
Motherboard: XD299

Any questions ask.

Thank You

A:Help with Dell Latitude D620 Password or Shorting Method

Instead of looking for an EEPROM, try pulling the CMOS battery for a few minutes
Relevancy 70.09%

I bought an used E4620, was told that it only needed an administrative password. I then took it to a local repair shop which HA it for three weeks.
They could NOT gain access, I now have it back and still need an administrative password.
There is also the additional problem, that I have attempted multiple times to move ownership to myself but each time I am told that the process has been initiated, when I check back it's not done.
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all Sorry for starting latitude master password Dell Plz! needed! D600 a new thread on a common problem Been into a strange situation lately short version Met very nice a girl Dell latitude D600 master password needed! Plz! recently and have been dating her for some weeks She messed up her laptop couple a days ago by changing the master password and now she can t remember what is Dell latitude D600 master password needed! Plz! was Is she really in love maybe - I said - I ll fix it for you honey No problem I tried to send Mr Rustam a private mess and later on an email asking for help but I didn t got any response Did I do something wrong I had to get back to her and admit that I couldn t help her out - so she went with shame to her companys IT-guys and they should contact Dell for a master password Guess what Dell won t help them There are some issues with the purchase order or something She has lot of stuff on that laptop that she s been working on lately and is really upset about it Please Is there anyone here at this forum that could generate a new Dell latitude D master password Love Service tag WQ Z J- B nbsp

A:Dell latitude D600 master password needed! Plz!

Im a happy guy!

Big thanks goes to the one and only:

Mr Rustam_ !!! ... for helping us out!

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello, i have a Dell Latitude 3440, windows 7. I got it from work a few years ago and im not the admin as it was a business laptop. I am trying to install a printer but it keeps asking for the admin password which i do not know. I have been in contact with the original owner but they cant remember it. Is there a way i can reset it or the laptop without the password so it will actually be mine??

Thank you for your help.

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello, im new here and need help with a cmos password for a dell latitude c610. I have tried the password 27KNV9HX from latitude.exe and its incorrect. My service tag is 566NG11. Can anyone help please?

A:CMOS password needed for Dell Latitude c610
Relevancy 70.09%

I was wondering if u could be kind enough to help me out, I recently bought a dell d600 from a garage sale and when I first turn it on found a grey screen asking for password I then return to the person that sold it to me and the lady explain it was her sons laptop and had pass away from drug hover doss and
did not know any history on it and could not help me so i beg for your understanding in my situation.
your help would be appriciated
service tag #B4GGS31-595B

A:Dell latitude D600 master password needed

You should remove your email, unless you want spam and viruses. You`ll hardly find someone that will reply to your email

Check this thread HERE, it could help.

Good luck, and Welcome to Techspot! :wave: :grinthumb :giddy: (i really like this little face :giddy: )

Also, you can contact this member HERE. Send him a PM (private message), he has helped people with the same problems as yours!
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and the motherboard died, It's out of warrenty so I bought a Motherboard on ebay. The Bios Service Tag does not match the number on the bottom so I would like to chage it to the correct one. How can I do this?

I read about a DST CD = Dell Service Technician CD that has this option but I can't find one.

It's not a real important thing but when I use the Dell System ID application it reads the Bios Service tag and not the real system tag that Is registered to me.

A:How to change the Service Tag in a Dell Latitude D630 BIOS
Relevancy 70.09%

I updated the BIOS on my D600 to the latest version A16, last released 2005. Is a BIOS from the D630 released 2008 usable? They seem extremely similar.

A:Dell Latitude d630 BIOS usable on D600?

unless they are the same MB, I would seriously doubt that the BIOS are compatible. Also, are the bios not working on your current mobo? If they are working, there is no need to update.
Relevancy 70.09%

Greetings I have a Dell D laptop that a Dell 3A5B latitude D830 bios locked friend of mine gave me last week Dell latitude D830 3A5B bios locked He bought it new and has Dell latitude D830 3A5B bios locked never had an issue with it He took out the HDD and gave me a blank one to use in it s stead Problem doesn t matter if I try to F into setup or F to change boot I get a window that asks me for an administrator password I ve spoken with Dell to get this lock removed but they told me that the laptop is no longer supported by Dell and that I d have to have someone else reset the password for me There is no hardware reset option as the laptop was produced after and I have looked into a software option but this BIOS isn t supported At this point I have no idea what to do because the laptop would work just fine if this password didn t exist BIOS version A Please help nbsp

A:Dell latitude D830 3A5B bios locked

Sorry, as per the forum rules we do not assist with passwords so I have to close this thread:
Relevancy 70.09%

I desperately need a Bios Dump of an Dell E6430 Version A18, as somehow it is impossible to update the Bios (currently it is A14). I have some problems with networking when using a docking station I hope to solve with this..Please no advice how to update Bios, I already tried everything(!). The Laptop does just a reboot instead of flashing the update.
I can create a dump of A14 from Windows using Intels FPTW (64bit Version) without a problem, so I hope it will work with A18 as well.At least using Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Adminstrator account. If anybody with an E6430 and A18 could just create a dump (just click "dump.bat") and upload it here it would really make me happy.

With best regards
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi i aquired a laptop, and im trying to reset the Admin password on it so i can change the boot sequence. The copy of windows xp on it is bad and i cannot boot into it. Is there any way to get the admin password off other than removing the Cmos.?

A:dell latitude c600 laptop bios pw reset

Our forum rules prohibit us from assisting with password recovery or work arounds.

Please review our rules: