Windows Support Forum

From t1100 to fx8350, flashed BIOS

Q: From t1100 to fx8350, flashed BIOS

Hi,

as the topic states I think of making a move from my old t1100 to FX8350.
Tricky part is that I need to flash my BIOS to make the old AM3 plank support AM3+.

MB, m4atd89gt. And current BIOS is the stock BIOS 1006. The BIOS that I'm updating to is a 3029.
Has someone of you fellow techspotters tried this already? Were the results satisfying, or just infinite amount of crashing? Which I'm just a little afraid of when making the change.

Any advice for such activity?
And yes, I know they are AMD proceccors

cheers
m

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/from-t1100-to-fx8350-flashed-bios.213040/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: From t1100 to fx8350, flashed BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.79%

Recently, my Intel Matrix RAID BIOS started taking about a minute to initialize. I attributed this to having re-configured my drive arrangement and (possibly) having not reset a disk. My board is (was) an Asus that supports MyLogo, so I used the excuse of changing the boot logo to flash my BIOS, hoping this would correct the slow init of the Intel component.

The result was the loss of the BIOS data and CrashFree BIOS3 will not recover. The process just yields a a screen stuck at "Reading BIOS file P5BD.ROM"

I am now using an old socket 478 3.20E on a BioStar M900-M4 board.

The cool part - I had only recently grabbed the BioStar board from NewEgg for $26 (open box) and it arrived about an hour after I realized the Asus board was a goner.

A:Flashed my BIOS

The board isn't what is toast! The bios should have been backed up first in case of a bad flash.

The solution for seeing that mess corrected would likely be shipping the board into Asus and have them reflash the bios with the latest version for a price along with S & H fees. The total would likely be about what you paid for the Biostar board you're running now at $25 plus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53536-flashed-my-bios.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When I flashed my bios to update it and restarted my computer Win XP wouldn t boot or recognize the SATA hard drive I no longer have the SATA drivers on a floppy disk and even worse I no longer have a floppy drive I am not sure where Win XP saves the drivers for SATA hard drives the ones you have to press F to install XP but I think flashing the bios has deleted moved or did something to them My only other thought was flashing the bios does something to the MBR I am not sure if it does If this is the case could Lilo or any other MBR controller flashed win boot won't bios, be used to fix the problem Is there a way to add the SATA drivers to the MBR The motherboard recognizes the harddrive Please help I need catch up flashed bios, win won't boot to my friend in WOW and I only have two days until he gets his new hard driver hotbounce Any comment are much appreciated nbsp

A:flashed bios, win won't boot

Go back to the old BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-bios-win-wont-boot.28252/
Relevancy 64.93%

My brother flashed his BIOS with a newer BIOS from HP and now his laptop won't boot. His system is:

Compaq Evo N600c
Pentium IIIm 600
Windows 2000 (says he has the latest SP)

After flashing, it gave an error:

Error 244
flashing BIOS

The system ran fine, but then he restarted and it would not boot. Now it powers up, but nothing shows up on the screen and it sounds like it doesn't try to access the HDD, but tries to access the CD-ROM instead.

Relevancy 64.93%

I have recently flashed my bios because one of the ram slots stopped working, now after the flash (using the provivded tool ((and the right bios)) it turns on but nothing happens.

Gigabyte K8VT800 using Gigabyte tool.

A:BIOS Flashed not working now!!!! need help!!!

Clear your CMOS with the CMOS clear jumper. Look in your motherboard manual.
If that doesnt work, i think your motherboard might be broken and you will need a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-flashed-not-working-now-need-help.33741/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,
I flashed my BIOS and now can't even boot up to access "Setup" or "POST" CPU fan works,HDD works (I hear it spinning). Power LED stays on. HDD LED goes off in 20 seconds.FDD does not worK. No power to monitor. Gigabyte Motherboard # GA 8S650 GXM, 2.5MHz Intel P4CPU, Phoenix BIOS D888, 512 Mb Ram (400 Mhz Kingston), Integrated Video SIS 650G, Windows XP Home SP 2. I verified that RAM is ok. System bought 2004. Help Please. I am a new member today.
Hello all.
Roger

A:Flashed BIOS and can't boot

You either installed the incorrect BIOS, or did not give it adequate time to fully install.
read carefully the full description of how to install the BIOS at the website for your computer brand and model. Then attempt a removal, if allowed... usually that is not allowed.
Get advice from the tech support for your computer, as a great many computers are ruined by an incorrectly installed BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-bios-and-cant-boot.93605/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an Lucky Tech SYE P6 LX7(Relabelled to Mercury KOB-lxs370) mobo with an Award BIOS.I recently flashed the BIOS incorrectly.As a result,my computer wont boot up.I t is rebooting at 1 second intervals.I have followed the BIOS recovery procedure which is as follows-

Make a bootable floppy.
Make an autoexec.bat file with the line- (BIOS flashing program) (BIOS file),where (BIOS Flashing program) is AWD77,in my case.
Switch on the computer after inserting the floppy.
[/list=1]
But the computer does not check the floppy as it is rebooting every 1 second.I know this because the HDD is initializing every 1 second and I hear a sound from the speakers every 1 second.How will I get to flash the BIOS?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey i need some help i was updating my motherboard with a new bios but i choose the wrong model

My mother board is a Gigabyte K8N Pro and i used the bios of a K8N

Now i cant upgrade it i dont know what to do

I tried to take out the battery but that didnt work

The worst thing is the pro version has dual bios and the other model doesnt so there is no option to restore it

Could i take the backup chip and put it in the normal chip place?

But i need some help doing that

A:Flashed wrong bios

I forgot to say i can turn on my pc perfectly and do everything but im lacking the extras the Pro version has

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-wrong-bios.41585/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently flashed my BIOS to a newer version as to have support for a new dual core processor I'm going to install. After updating the nVidia chipset to 6.70 and my Asus BIOS to v 1009 I rebooted and received an error. Disk read error has occurred, or something like that. This was remedied by re enabling Raid in BIOS. Today when I went to play some .mp3's on my storage drive I received some windows error. I checked my computer, and I'm only showing one HDD, I should see two. I'm assuming I have to again enable something in BIOS, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The system in question is in my signature. Let me know if you need an more information.

A:Solved: Flashed BIOS, now I'm missing an HDD

I figured it out. In BIOS I enabled the RAID for each of my sata connections, when in fact I only have two of the HDDs running in RAID 0. I disabled the two slots that were not using RAID and problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-flashed-bios-now-im-missing-an-hdd.446797/
Relevancy 64.5%

HI, just moments ago after during a clean installs of windows, I updated my bios and flashed. It rebooted and now there is a black screen and the scroll and caps lock has a light that blink once per interval.

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv5-1100

Any Ideas or help to fix this issue?

A:Flashed Bios now Black Screen

Here's what those blinking lights mean: Blank Screen LED Error Codes | HP? Support From what I've read on there, if you haven't formatted the hard drive, boot your PC up and press and hold all four arrow keys. "If a BIOS authentication failure occurs, the computer automatically performs a BIOS recovery. If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery. To manually perform a BIOS recovery, press all four arrow keys at the same time to cause the BIOS to go to the EFI partition to find and recover the current BIOS."

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/327628-flashed-bios-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Help!! I recently bought this laptop. It was working ok and I decided to upgrade the BIOS from F.33 to F.34. I used Vista 32bit as the OS for running the flashing software. The cooling fan was running at full belt during the flashing process and then returned to a quiet mode as the computer shut itself down on the apparently successful completion of the flashing. However, on powering back on there was no screen display only the leds were lit and the cooling fan operating. I'm therefore unsure as to whether it's the dreaded GPU overheat problem that has caused the failure or a now corrupted BIOS. If it's the latter, is there anyway back if there's no boot up? Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

A:DV9565ea Won't Reboot After BIOS Flashed To F.34

An older notebook like the one you have does not have much flexibility when it comes to rolling back to a previous BIOS. If you are seeing a repeating  double blink then the BIOS is corrupt. If you did not see the onscreen messages that gave details of the BIOS reading and writing during the flash, then the BIOS flash did not complete.   There is no "apparently successful completion" of a BIOS flash unless you saw an onscreen message that showed completion. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/DV9565ea-Won-t-Reboot-After-BIOS-Flashed-To-F-34/td-p/5849487
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, I changed from a an XP1600 to an XP1700 today the XP 1700 overclocked like crazy, 2 ghz. Detected it as a XP2000
I flashed the AMI Bios from 5.5 to 5.7 after 2 hours or so so it would see the "XP2400" .
Flashed fine, when I rebooted XP gets to the load screen and the video goes blank right before the blue XP login screen.
I can get to safe mode...? I reloaded the Video drivers, changed settings in the Bios PCI/AGP (card is AGP) Default and so on. Finally reflashed to 5.5. Booted into Xp and crashed after 1-2 minutes. Now I'm back on the same Safe mode or blank screen routine. Anyone know what's up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-flashed-msi-kt3-ultra2-bios.5284/
Relevancy 64.5%

could you please help i got an ati radeon xt mb agp from ebay the seller described the card as having mhz core clock amp mhz memory clock when i check the catalyst control centre it says mhz core amp only mhz memory has the seller quot flashed quot the bios amp underclocked it when i try to play games it starts to play but then goes balck amp cuts back to my desktop i treid call of duty amp it played fine for about secs then went black it stayed like this amp could still hear been bios graphics has flashed?? card the game playing but with no picture have i maybe downloaded the has graphics card bios been flashed?? wrong driver its in my agp slot also could it be that i only have mn ram i even tried a game that requires a mb card hooligans storm over europe amp it still wouldnt even play that the seller isnt exactly helpful amp i asked pcworld for some help amp was told these cards have been discontinued the seller stated it was a new card was one of the best video cards in the uk that usually sells for i paid incl p amp p amp postal order anything i can do can i fix the card if so how i would really appreciate some help thank you nbsp

A:has graphics card bios been flashed??

Was this a private party seller? Or was it from a Reputable Reseller. Either way if you recieved a component that did not match the advertised auction item, you need to contact ebay. If from a professional shop or supplier, ebay may help you recoup your loss or obtain the advertised item. If from a private seller, it may only get as far as giving the seller a bad rating or banned from selling on ebay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-graphics-card-bios-been-flashed.493574/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
Firstly I should state that I've never overclocked before and know almost nothing about it.
I'd being having problems with my PC so I decided to update my Bios to the latest version (I'm using an MSI motherboard if thats important??). This seemed to work fine, It didn't solve my initial problem but thats solved now. I've noticed though that my AMD XP processor is now running at 1250mhz when it should be running at 2000mhz. I have no idea how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.
Rick.

A:Flashed Bios now cpu is at wrong speed, Please help

Well I'm not familar with the XP BIOS settings, but you should have two things, an FSB clock setting, usually 200MHz and a CPU multiplier setting, usually X9 to X11. So that 200X10=2000MHz.
But it seems to me that you might have installed the wrong BIOS, very odd that default settings for your mobo would have changed to that degree.
Did you try setting BIOS to fail safe defaults?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-bios-now-cpu-is-at-wrong-speed-please-help.36803/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I used asus update to update my bios from 1207 to the latest ver. After the update my
pc won't boot. It will post but it won't boot. I tried using the crash free bios utility on the
motherboard dvd but I can't seem to find it. I also tried using asus EZ flash 2 to go
back to ver. 1207 but it won't let me install a older ver.
After the post when it should give me the choice of what OS to use (W7,Wxp or ubuntu
10.10) it gives the following.

error- no such device: 623elaac-a279-4f11-a262-66dd3188d5c5.
grub rescue>

Also, I can boot with the ubuntu 10.10 live cd to access files in widows.

Please help

Regards,

larswebb

Relevancy 64.5%

Okay I Flashed BSOD errors now BIOS and know you re only suppose to flash your BIOS if you notice anything wrong but let s just say i m one of those people who like to stay up to date with everything Okay so I flashed my BIOS for my Gigabyte Tech EP -DS motherboard from something like F to F This new one fixs bugs etc Flashed BIOS now BSOD and errors but it s main point is it supports further ram clcok to mhz I used a tool which flashed within windows and BAM it was done Restarted booted up and was fine However a few days later I recieved my first BSOD something about BAD POOL HEADER I looked this up - mostly hardware based I updated my graphics and Flashed BIOS now BSOD and errors sounds card that day so I knew it was eith one of those or the bios flash SO i used system restore and was okay for a few days when again BSOD This time IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Looked this up - hardware based again could be somethign with the RAM But I let this pass my RAM is quite new it can t be that When they got worse but then disappeared Recently I was hit with the IRQL one and warcraft threw a critical error at me I looked this up and once again could be somethign with the RAM Now it s finally hit me that the bios has changed my RAM in someway If so what could I do about this I thought it only allowed it to go faster but not change anything Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

After flashing bios, the refurbished 9700 will not boot. Fan runs, lights are on, but no screen.Before this:1. No quick play lights2. Fan on constant high at 215 rpmAny ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/DV-9700-bios-flashed-and-now-won-t-boot/td-p/5754337
Relevancy 64.5%

Title pretty much says it. While trying to fix a different problem I've been having with my computer, I flashed my BIOS. I had never done so, so it went from version A00 to A07.
Now, my computer freezes randomly. They are spaced about 5-10 minutes apart, and control/alt/delete doesn't do a thing.

Any ideas? I used the Dell websites utility to flash it, and it went smoothly.

A:Flashed BIOS, now comp freezes

What was the problem and did the bios update claim to fix it?
If you did the most recent bios do another and go back 1. Whatever you do no beat bios, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashed-bios-now-comp-freezes.731492/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a 5 year old TI Extensa 650 CD that needed to be formatted...so I formatted the hard drive, then the boot up disk would not boot the system. I asked for advice and was told to flash a updated bios. I downloaded the upgrade and as it was upgrading, received a message...can not erase..and the system halted. When I tried to reboot it all I get is the light that the power is on...no HD action at all. I am scared!!! How can I get this system to boot now??? Any help will be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Persistent Virus that I cannot remove Its really aggrivating me because ive reinstalled windows times over the last few weeks Bios infection. Flashed remove but Reformatted, still cant The only way I know I have the infection is because the Hacker is loggin onto my Origin Reformatted, Flashed Bios but still cant remove infection. Account and I can tell when he goes onto my account Ive tried everything I can think of to get my PC clean And I know iam not re infecting it with any of my old files or a usb becuase I didnt use one this last time I backed up all my stuff but didnt put any of it on the PC with the USB Its a fresh windows install I did this morning and now the hacker is on my account again I flashed BIOS this morning and installed windows after Formatting and Deleting the partitions with the windows setup tool I really need help to find out where this virus is hiding I thought maybe I would get it with the BIOS flash but its hiding some place else in my PC and I dont know where I have a Crucial M gb drive and a Samsung tb drive Iam about to take them out of the PC and smash them with a hammer and go buy new drives But I still dont know if that would fix my problem Please help I have no clue what to do next

A:Reformatted, Flashed Bios but still cant remove infection.

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.  Someone is abusing your Origin account - this doesn´t have to happen on your machine because the attacker may have stolen the password before.Contact Origin´s support on this issue - nevertheless we´ll have a look to your computer:  Scan with DDSDownload DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here orhere.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logsDDS.txt: save to your desktop then post its contents in your topicAttach.txt: save to your desktop then attach it to your next reply   Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512093/reformatted-flashed-bios-but-still-cant-remove-infection/
Relevancy 63.64%

So I don't know why but I decided to flash the BIOS. I did take a backup so I thought hey let's test the backup how wrong I was! reflash the BIOS with the backup I took and it went well until it poweroff and stayed in an infinite loop of trying to start and failing to do so this acquires every 2 second.

Motherboard: MSI, H61M-P31/W8 (MS-7788) BIOS version was 3.5 was trying to go with 3.6 didn't even get a chance to try the new bios lol.

Is there anyway I can recover from this?

would love to hear your view / opinion on this matter.

===========================================================================

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8148 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1904555 MB, Free - 1337193 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, H61M-P31/W8 (MS-7788)

A:BIOS Flashed Now reboots every 2 second [MSI, H61M-P31/W8 (MS-7788)]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-flashed-now-reboots-every-2-second-msi-h61m-p31-w8-ms-7788.1149929/
Relevancy 63.64%

I wasn't sure if this should be in the XP forum or hardware bios forum, so forgive me for making a double post.

I flashed new bios and now my computer wont boot. It gets to the loading windows screen, then flashes a blue screen so quick I cant read it and reboots.

Is there anything I can do to get it up and running again?

I'm running windows XP with a Pentium D, and AOpen i945Pa-PLF motherboard.

Thanks

Drama

A:Flashed New Bios, Now Computer Wont Boot. Please Help!!!

Welcome to TSF....

How to perform a Repair Installation of Windows? XP.

Two things are needed here, just a bit of old technology, an ink pen and a piece of paper to write down any special settings that might have to be changed back after the repair-installation is completed.

Please Note: Performing a "Repair Installation" in this manner should not delete any Personal Files, it should 'repair' the core of the installation but to be safe with your data you should follow the next two paragraphs.

You might have to remove the hard drive from this computer and install it in another computer as a slave drive and after it is able to be accessed by Windows on that computer you will have to manually backup all of your important data that you have to another media like CD-R's, DVD or external hard drive. Then when this is done return it to the original computer as a master drive on the primary IDE cable. and do the following:

REGISTRY WARNING :

The details that follow require an above-average understanding of the technical topics involved. If you do not understand the Registry material presented here, either find a technically knowledgeable friend or do not attempt to repair your system Registry yourself. Improper changes in the System Registry can render all data on your hard disk inaccessible. :

Here is a link to a registry backup program that is absolutely fantastic it is called ERUNT and you would use this to backup the registry after running the repair-install procedure successfully.

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

(Remember to always keep a backup of two things: Your registry, and your data. You will never be sorry. ]

(The Windows? XP CD WILL be required for this procedure.)
( Recovery discs are NOT recommended with this procedure.)

A good set of instructions for doing a Repair-Installation are found on the following page and print out the pages of the site for reference further instructions on Slipstreaming Windows XP Home or Pro with any of the service packs are provided also other additional links that might be needed.

Please read the whole page on this web site to familiarize yourself with the procedure and all of the Warnings

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
The following links are provided for reference incase they are needed.

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed. ]

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/917964

(How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install with IE6 Installed. ]

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Just be attentive and follow all of the on-screen prompts.

Just let it do its thing...now when you finally are at the Windows Desktop, power down the computer and re-enter the BIOS and change the Boot Configuration Order back to its original configuration.

I hope that this cures your woes.

Post back with the results, and if there are any other queries/concerns.

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flashed-new-bios-now-computer-wont-boot-please-help-278717.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Flashed bios on gigabyte z77-d3h because windows 7 directed me to because of a sound card conflict. Q-flash.

Bios updated successfully.

Now win 7 gives me 2 options:
1. Repair
2. Start as normal

Repair can't repair the problem automatically
Start as normal just reboots.

I've tried changing the sata mode, ide windows gives this message:
The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

Back to ahci, which at least loads but won't auto repair.

Any ideas?

Hmm. Update: I get the repair error from the windows DVD saying incompatible with this version of windows.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

have here a fairly new hp dc5000 small form. can the bios be flashed to get rid of the hp bios and put a different one on. the bios is so nuetered.

thank you, tony

A:Can hp bios (intel 865 chipset) be flashed NOT hp but to whatever someone recommends

Welcome to TechSpot.

The answer is NO. Get another mobo if you don't like it's BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-hp-bios-intel-865-chipset-be-flashed-not-hp-but-to-whatever-someone-recommends.20713/
Relevancy 63.64%

I flashed my BIOS a couple weeks ago and I ended up using the wrong one. I used Everest to check what version my BIOS was because I didn't feel like rebooting, which was stupid of me. Anyways, my computer is working fine. The only thing that I have noticed is that I cannot boot off of a CD. I have found the correct BIOS update here and was wondering how I can format the disk and copy the files without using an IBM pre-formatted disk because I have used up all of my pre-formatted disks.

This may also not be an issue that is caused by me attempting to install the wrong BIOS update. At the end of the BIOS update it says that it fails, but I'm not sure if it still copies some files or not. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 63.64%

This one is a 5820T. I downloaded the zip file for this model from the Acer website and after extracting I find two executables, one for DOS, one for Windows. Nothing else. (ZQ1_125.exe for both - not .bat - not .rom). There is no "Flash-it" file, no.FD file.

I have always flashed a BIOS on boot from floppy or USB. And I have always advised to never flash a BIOS from inside Windows. So the thought of this being the only way is making me ill.

If there is a way to do it USB I could use a walk-thru. Thanks.

A:Has anyone flashed a BIOS on an Acer Aspire Laptop?

I have an aspire 5935g and did update the bios successfully within windows but must admit that was long before signing up here and reading endless people saying not to do it that way, however it worked out fine in my case. I think the consensus is to only flash the bios if it provides a fix you need.

Just looked through the download I used and the DOS version does contain a flash it file. Here is what I had.

DOS
Windows
I know thats probably not any help but thats just my experience

Good Luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/215027-has-anyone-flashed-bios-acer-aspire-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Experts,
I have mistakenly flashed the wrong BIOS from E6410 to the E4310, now the laptop is starting with a blank screen, only wireless LED is on (Solid), and Caps Lock led.
My question is: is this system recoverable?
What I have already tried:

Latitude self-healing option which didn’t work.
Extracting the hdr file from this bios is not possible, as the package does not support the -writehdrfile option.

How it happened? I have a FreeDOS USB flash disk with all the model we have in our company, BIOSes are classified in folders, and the two laptops are very similar, with 1” screen difference 

A:Flashed wrong BIOS (E6410A16) on a Latitude E4310

Unsolder the BIOS chip and flash it externally in an EEPROM writer - that, or replace the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993160
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi. Is there anyone that knows how to roll back the Bios? I have an HP Pavilion dv9500 laptop I sent in to HP to have the HD re-imaged. I believe that they flashed the bios on me because the version that I have now is newer than when I purchased the computer.

Is it possible to rollback the bios? I am having problems with Help and Support displaying the correct information since I got my laptop back. HP stated that they repaired and upgraded the laptop. I just want it back to the way it was. I just purchased this is July, and the bios version is for August 28th (according to their website).

If anyone can help me I would sincerely appreciate it. I do not want to cause damage, so I would like some instruction.

Thanks for anyone that can help me out.

A:Roll Back Bios (after HP Flashed to newer version without asking me) Ticked @ HP

The only recommendation I can make is that you take it back to HP. If it doesn't work properly you have a right to get them to fix it. For free!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/roll-back-bios-after-hp-flashed-to-newer-version-without-asking-me-ticked-hp.86907/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Guys I am new here to this forum and i really hope you can help me out here If you take a look at this topic http www techspot com vb topic html you will see a description that looks a lot like my problem The only thing different is that anymore Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 startup bios doesn't flashed, I have a Gigabyte GA-K NS- motherboard I have used Bios Flash files before on other motherboards and experienced no problems but as of days ago the problems began I ll start with the beginning I was playing Battle Field when suddenly my pc crashed into a BSOD I rebooted the machine and it worked again then after a few minutes again a BSOD but now when i rebooted it said the Windows System folder was not accessible or missing I should repair this with the Windows Installation CD So i did Repairing worked according Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore to Windows reboot same error message I ended up with a complete re-installation of Windows no problem there since my pc was getting a little bit slower and reinstallation Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore was inevitable in the near future But then the second problem came My Videocard ASUS A - MB did not have the right drivers so i installed them Still i couldn t play Battlefield which made me sad I had tried everything else but nothing worked So someone mentioned a Bios Flash I had done that before on other motherboards with success so i thought piece of cake done in minutes Bios Update F downloaded from the Gigabyte site after the DOS-installation my pc rebooted saying my Memory modules had changed from Dual Memory to Single Memory What the After initializing the Hard drives and my cd-rom and DVD-R player it comes to the point of looking if there is a bootable CD-rom-disc in either of my players If there is it will boot from CD and if there isn t Windows will startup But just at that point my computer started to reboot and retry the whole process again So tonight i tried to flash the Bios again untill now i still could access the Bios with DEL-key flashed it again with Version F found on Gigabyte site That s the point where i am now if i reboot the machine now after the Bios Flash succeeded message it doesn t show anything anymore i can t use my keyboard to go into Bios nothing I tried to reset my CMOS with the three quot soldered quot points on my MB but also that doesn t do the trick I removed the battery and tried it again but still no luck Here are my specs Mobo Gigabyte GA-K NS- Proc AMD Athlon x Kingston Dimm MB DD I think i have to look for another motherboard but hope someone can tell me what to do Thanks Martin sharks nbsp

A:Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore

Try the other options in this Q&A:

My computer has failed to start up, its power LED, case and processor fans, and the reset button don't work. Is this caused by a motherboard failure? -

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/MotherboardProblems.htm#failed

Do the fans work properly?

If they do, also test the RAM with a utility such as Memtest86

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-k8ns-939-bios-flashed-doesnt-startup-anymore.38342/
Relevancy 62.35%

I received a lot of helpful ideas from my last posting just none of them seemed to fix the problem Windows won t boot in any way shape or form still Flashed All Good, Bios, Can't Utility Tested HD Diagnostic boot - and XP Ram, It almost always just restarts again before even getting to the black screen with the windows xp logo and loading bar I flashed the BIOS with the appropriate file for my board and chipset Went fine I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Utility and everything passed I ran the Maxtor Powermax HD Diagnostic tool and everything passed Sometimes before it restarts after a failed boot a blue screen comes up with a Tested Ram, Flashed Bios, HD Diagnostic Utility - All Good, and still Can't boot XP Stop Tested Ram, Flashed Bios, HD Diagnostic Utility - All Good, and still Can't boot XP error This error is usually a different hexidecimal code each time I can only read this screen when booting from the XP CD It usually says DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop xD I really don t know what else to do I can t get to the screen in the XP CD to format and reinstall I got to it once and chose Recovery Console but that didn t even load system just restarted I just tried disabling L cache and BIOS cache Still no luck Please Help nbsp

A:Tested Ram, Flashed Bios, HD Diagnostic Utility - All Good, and still Can't boot XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tested-ram-flashed-bios-hd-diagnostic-utility-all-good-and-still-cant-boot-xp.191082/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok I'll try and be clear and & now nightmare: flashed XP boot-up 7, borked: BIOS, is Dual-booting succinct but I APOLOGIZE in advance for the super length here Here's the essential quot backstory quot of what was is going on and where Dual-booting nightmare: XP & 7, flashed BIOS, now boot-up is borked: I am right now Had an XP machine for years two months ago I bought and added in another HD At Dual-booting nightmare: XP & 7, flashed BIOS, now boot-up is borked: reboot I put in my Win Ultimate disc and installed to the new HD so I've been dual-booting for months now with the classic black amp white dual-boot screen at startup quot Which operating system do you want to use Older version of Windows Windows quot So I've been gaming exclusively on the HD playing SupCom via Steam In one week it BSOD'd four times so I sent my minidumps to another forum and I was told the crashes were due to two things video driver and hardware So I un re-installed the video driver and then using the Asus AutoUpdate I have an AMD cpu ASUS mobo I flashed my BIOS to the latest Win was totally fine and I believe it Dual-booting nightmare: XP & 7, flashed BIOS, now boot-up is borked: fixed all the errors played my game and turned if off The next morning I needed some files on XP and that's when I saw the crap had hit the fan I chose quot earlier version of Windows quot and it simply BSOD immediatley and I've not been able to get back in since So of course I tried to fix it on my own I searched online and the first thing I did was put the XP disc in and hit R for Repair right away this brought me to the black and white screen The problem was it showed that I had two HD's and it listed them just like this C WINDOWS D Windows I chose C totally assuming it was my XP HD Then at the C COMMAND gt line I typed in quot FIXBOOT quot minus the quotes as that was what I read Well that really seemed to bork things up After reboot instead of getting the quot Which OS do you want quot choice screen I only got the quot Windows cannot boot do you want Safe Mode Safe Mode w Networking quot etc etc screen So I then unplugged my HD put in the XP disc again tried to Repair Reinstall over the XP and that didn't work either So finally I plugged my HD back in put in the Win disc booted from DVD and yes both my HD's are where they should be in BIOS XP is SATA and is SATA and did the Win Repair Startup option That got me right back into Win as if there was never a problem at all This was yesterday morning So I then spent the entire day migrating my backed up XP data from an external HD onto my HD and putting it all in the correct folders and then backing all that up again to the same external HD to be super safe haha and then last evening I finally needed to re-boot And that brings me to my current problem state of affairs At reboot or normal boot-up I now come to a black and white screen with roughly the words quot Boot error please insert disc and hit Enter quot So essentially it again does not bring me to the quot which OS do you want screen quot just this new screen So I put in the Win disc and did a hard reboot As expected after reboot the next words to come up were quot Hit any key to boot from CD or DVD quot but to test things I hit NO KEY I let it pass Guess what The two choices screen came up quot Earlier version of Windows or Windows quot Very perplexed I chose Win and it boots up no problem So to test it out again I took out the DVD and rebooted Wham same problem black and white screen quot Boot error please insert disc and hit Enter quot So I did but this time I DID hit a key went into setup and tried the quot Win repair startup quot option and rebooted w out the disc and tried it again again SAME quot boot error quot message But when I put the Win disc in hard reboot let it come back up display the quot Hit any key to boot from DVD quot and I SKIP THIS hitting no key it then goes to the quot correct quot screen of offering me two choices I hit Win eve... Read more

A:Dual-booting nightmare: XP & 7, flashed BIOS, now boot-up is borked:

Are your Win7 boot files on the Win XP HD or Win7 HD?

Attachment 79134

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91758-dual-booting-nightmare-xp-7-flashed-bios-now-boot-up-borked.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi guys i have an lsi logic pci-x scsi card card incorrect pci bios, scsi - 20320 not lsi flashed u320 will card work now logic and I accidentally flashed it with the incorrect bios firmware while attempting to upgrade it now lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now the card will not boot up and is unusable is there any way to restore or change the firmware bios on it now the reason i can t do it is because i can t boot to a floppy or command prompt BEFORE the scsi bios tries to boot the card up once the scsi card lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now tries to boot up it displays quot hardware malfunction quot and lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now freezes and or reboots the system and there is no way to bypass or prevent the card from starting up i have tried adding an additional scsi card and booting into a command prompt after IT boots up but my pci bus will only recognize one scsi card at a time so this doesn t work and obviously i can not repair the card from within windows because i can not even get into windows with the card installed any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as I have searched the internet for a long time now and talked to numerous clueless tech support reps about this nbsp

A:lsi logic 20320 u320 pci scsi card - flashed incorrect bios, card will not work now

I would say you are probably hosed, unless you can get ahold of another card that may be damaged in some other way and have someone really good to swap the chips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lsi-logic-20320-u320-pci-scsi-card-flashed-incorrect-bios-card-will-not-work-now.69892/
Relevancy 56.33%

ok I am building a desktop right now and I had all the parts on the st went to biostars website and downloaded the latest bios the filename PCPA bst well the mobo was DOA so I didnt get around to doing anything just got the replacement and it is up and running before I flashed the bios I went back to the site to doublecheck I had the right file and now it only lists files not like last time I know I am flashed Anyone mobo? " Biostar to 88PCPA20 BIOS their " at the right page this time and the other files still listed look familiar so I am pretty sure I was at the right place last time my bios is version build date which corresponds to the older file posted so the other Anyone flashed " 88PCPA20 " BIOS to their Biostar mobo? day there were newer versions now only one newer version anyone flashed the one I am asking about and do you have any problems anyone know why they pulled it should I just leave it as is for now nbsp

A:Anyone flashed " 88PCPA20 " BIOS to their Biostar mobo?

should I just leave it as is for now?Click to expand...

Unless you have a specific problem that a new BIOS is supposed to fix, I would leave it alone for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-flashed-88pcpa20-bios-to-their-biostar-mobo.157791/
Relevancy 54.61%

ok guys, i need help, i'm having problems upgrading my emachine t1100, yeah piece of junk i know, from a single 256 mb chip to 512 ( 2 256 mb chips) all kingston pc133 ( kvr133q/256r 168 pin dimm). In the system set up it register the 512 mb but when i go into win xp it beeps and reboots into the screen where it asks you to boot in safe mode, last know working setting and what not ( not sure what this screen is called) On the emachine site it says it can go up to 512 mb and on the kingston site the on ly recommendation that it gives is switch the dimms around. Which I did and I still cant get anywhere. I tried booting up on each seperate 256 dimm and they both work seperately but not together. PLease up....trying to play Guid Wars

A:ram problems with the emachine t1100. help!!!

Depending on the number of memory slots, try combinations of 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-3 or 2-4.
If you have only 2 slots, does it boot from slot 2 by itself?
If not, try to blow any dust out from that slot, using a can of compressed air, do NOT use a hairdryer or vacuum cleaner!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-problems-with-the-emachine-t1100-help.24991/
Relevancy 54.18%

My sister brought me her desktop and wanted me to reformat it. After reformating the hdd I desided to upgrade the memory from 128 to 384.
The stick of 256 memory I got doesnt seem to work with her pc. I was wondering if this model emachine has something different than regular PC133 SDR DIMM?
And if it does, what do I need to buy?

The computer is a 1ghz machine so I think its well worth upgrading.
Any ideas would be great, thanks!

A:Emachine T1100 memory problem

I think it is the RAM

from what it looks like, your RAM stick might be bad? Is there any way to test it inot another machine?

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t1100-memory-problem.21285/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is my first post here hope I T1100 drive eMachines Help with hard install m posting in the right spot I have an eMachines T desktop running the original Windows XP I also have the eMachines XP restore CD s I ve just purchased a new hard drive and more memory to have more space speed etc I d like to make the new hard drive the master and Help with eMachines T1100 hard drive install the original slave however if possible I d like to keep all my old settings software files etc etc without having to reinstall everything What s the best way to do this or can I even do this Should I a Install the new hard drive as slave copy the entire original drive to it then reinstall the new drive as master and the original as slave b Take out the original drive install the new one and install XP Help with eMachines T1100 hard drive install on it using the restore CD s will this even work and then reinstall the orginal as slave c Something else entirely What are the problems I can encounter and how do I avoid them Where s the best place to find the proper jumper settings for each drive to make absolutely sure I have them right and don t fry the motherboard Thanks nbsp

A:Help with eMachines T1100 hard drive install

Hello,

What you are doing is a little annoying. Normally cloning the disk may not as the HDD has not the same digital signature thus making BIOS problem and boot problem. The best thing I will recommend you to do is to backup all your files, drivers, setups and install the two hard drive in the sequence you desire and then make a clean install of Windows XP and then copy back everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-emachines-t1100-hard-drive-install.142538/
Relevancy 52.89%

hey there!

My current newly built PC:
CPU: AMD FX-Series 8350 Box 4 Ghz
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1600MHz HX316C10F/8G
GPU: Radeon HD 6850 1GB
PSU: OCZ 600W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
SSD DRIVE: Kingston V300 120GB SV300S37A/120G SSD
CPU FAN: Scythe Kozuti

i'm running those on Win 8.1 pro x64
i monitored the temps with CPUID and i got up to 55 on idle and 78 while on load!
then i installed the gigabyte drivers and EasyTune6 things got a bit cooler, but im still getting up to 59C on minimum loads, just from browsing or youtubing...

here's a link to the CUPID readings: http://picpaste.com/111-E9LJzPNP.jpg

what's the problem??

Relevancy 52.89%

I am building a new PC, using an AMD FX8350 on a MSI 970A-G46 mobo. I have G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2 X 4MB). I also have one stick of G.Skill F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL. Which would be better for this build?

A:Best Memory for AMD FX8350

The 2 sticks will be better as they will run in dual channel mode and performance will be considerably better.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314875-best-memory-amd-fx8350.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been having this issue since I built this PC. The CPU gets overheated when I play games continuously for like more than half an hour. It reaches way upto 75*C. It really started concerning me when I noticed it today going way over 80*C.

Coretemp and Speccy shows temparature range around 65*-71* but in BIOS, It shows 75*C.
And I have checked the thermal paste and the heat sink. Everything is seated properly. Now I have disabled the "AMD turbo core technology" in BIOS, But it still goes upto 75*C.
Please help me sort this out.

This is my CPU configurations:
CPU : AMD FX8350
RAM: Corsair 8GB x 2 = 16GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270x 2GB
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

Thank you

A:AMD FX8350 Overheating while gaming

It shouldn't be that high when idle even with stock cooler. Either there is a problem with contact to heatsink or motherboard measuring the CPU temp wrong. Waiting for experienced builders' comments.

Tried loading optimized defaults? Is the fan spinning?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372410-amd-fx8350-overheating-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I was wondering which would be the best CPU for my system and needs?
AMD FX8350 OR Intel Core i5 4430 (w/ GTX 760 GPU)

I'm not that clued up with CPU's and thinking that these two are pretty good for the price (according to reviews I've read)

I use my system to play games such as BF4, DayZ SA and so on as well as doing lots of multi-tasking.

What would your expert opinion be and if not these what would you suggest and why?

Also if I got one of these would I need a better motherboard/cooler? (I know EVEN less about motherboards).

Regards,
Kieron

Relevancy 52.03%

I just recently upgraded my cpu from a Phenom ii x to the Fx Vishera i was planing on overclocking it a bit but my temps are somewhat high i ran prime test after i installed the cpu to make sure it wasn t defective and within min of stress testing my temps went up to c and my idle times are around c- c which is pretty high or am i wrong im not sure what the problem is im not using the stock cpu cooler im using a cpu watercooler Antec Kuhler h o FX8350 Temps? High Solved: iv tried re-applying thermal paste using the quot dot quot method i guess that s what its called and temps remained the same the Solved: High FX8350 Temps? thermal paste im using is quot cooler master High Performance quot Solved: High FX8350 Temps? specks Asus M A Solved: High FX8350 Temps? Evo Asus HD Gb Patriot G Series Ram FX ghz ----update---- after a while temps picks up a bit also my volts keep going up and down they change every few seconds according to HW monitor temps keep going up and down between v and v really wanted to OC this im sure somethings wrong any troubleshooting steps nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I got my new parts today and oh man was i excited! It works fine, temps are great, newest drivers and bios(uefi) is installed and so on! But something that REALLY annoys me is that even though folders and so on will open quickly,"The animation from files while you hover over them is extremely stuttery!" When i drag my mouse over a list of files without clicking in a moderate speed, it will not "hover mark" every file smoothly, it does it for like every 3rd file or so and its really random and slow... Other windows 10 stuff is also quite stuttery and opening Spotify or Chrome takes quite some time.. Im very confused and my excitment for the 6700K has unforturnatly dropped a bit :/

A:From FX8350 To 6700K, "Windows 10" got slow and stuttery...

Ok so i know now what's causing this, kind of.. When i move my mouse my performance would basically just die on me completely. So for now i had to turn my mouse from 1000Hz polling rate to 125Hz. This feels very weird since my older cheaper hardware was capable of handeling my mouse at 1000Hz.. This is a temporary fix and i hope this will be fixed in the future, or if anyone here knows something i dont know then PLEASE tell me, id love to know!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33473-fx8350-6700k-windows-10-got-slow-stuttery.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I get a flashed BSOD that i cant read in time. Then the computer shuts down. I get this every time I turn it on. When I restart it after this BSOD, it doesn't seem to have any problems. I've checked all of my hardware and nothing is loose.

System Specs:
Dell Studio XPS 8000
Intel i7 860 @ 2.80Ghz non-overclocked
8GB DDR3 1067Mhz RAM by Elpida
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
Windows 7 SP1
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012

A:flashed BSOD win7

here is my most recent .dmp file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18147318/110512-32682-01.dmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/flashed-bsod-win7-674348.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My NEC ND-3530A wasn't burning properly so I decided to flash to version 3.1 without dumping the original file, it was fine. Then I decided to flash to 3.23, I restarted and my dvd drive made a clicking noise, I realised I flashed the wrong firmware.

I'm trying to flash back to 3.1 but it keeps telling me error entering safe mode, error flashing firmware. I've tried doing it in safe mode, still the same problem.

What should I do?

A:Flashed wrong firmware

Many times you can't back flash firmware because the incorrect firmware can't be overwritten.

If the burner is no longer operable, you'll just need to purchase a new burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashed-wrong-firmware.875457/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

While typing up an assignment, I just barely noticed that command prompt opened and then closed for a fraction of a second. I am extremely cautious with the files I download, and instantly performed a scan with malwarebytes. It detected nothing, so I performed a second scan with Malwarebytes Anti-rootkit, which also found nothing.

Is it possible that a driver/legitimate program was the cause of this? I have been using this computer for over a year, and this is the first time I've witnessed such an occurrence. It has only happened once (so far), but I will surely update my post if it happens again.

Any information is appreciated.

A:Command prompt flashed once

It is quite possible for driver or even a program to display command prompt. Specially drivers, they work on very low level and any hick-up may show prompt for short time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58626-command-prompt-flashed-once.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Alright so I have a need me up I mess I not mobo MSI tell I my and to someone flashed did MSI x SLI Plus motherboard I needed to flash it in an attempt to solve a hardware related issue I haven't flashed a bios in years so I did do my research and I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct file from MSI I hope Support For X S SLI PLUS MSI USA Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design I put the newest stuff on the USB went into bios flashed it using M-Flash and everything was successful Since my PC is actually booting I I flashed my MSI mobo and I need someone to tell me I did not mess up guess we got that going for me The problem is that the start up screen of my bios when I turn on my pc used to be very different very ugly and clearly stated the name of my motherboard Now the startup screen is completely different and mentions a MSI Pro Series While in the BIOS it does recognize my Mobo as being a MSi x SLI Plus The first boot to Windows was a disaster mouse and keyboard had power but didn't work but on the next boot everything was fine Did I somehow manage to mess this one up should I flash to something else if so then to what I thought m-flash was supposed to make backups of your bios but it seems it didn't That's something I should have considered more carefully Here's a photo of my new bios Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Thank you for either helping to fix my problem or soothe my worries

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60603-i-flashed-my-msi-mobo-i-need-someone-tell-me-i-did-not-mess-up.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently i found the following post on overclockers http forums overclockers co uk showthread php t Now at the time i thought i had the same card i have a x le GTO But it turns out that is for the GTO when mine is a GTO Before i found out this i had already flashed the card supposidly to pixel pipelines After i ran a diagnostic on the card it still read at pp so i checked it out and thats how i found out it was for GTO Now it did say it was successfull and the computer reads it as a entirely new graphics card a x still at pp mind The question i m asking is is it safe to keep it like this Now keep x800 i but Flashed it a sucessfully, should i tested this on World of warcraft The game took a bit longer to load than usual graphically Like Flashed a x800 sucessfully, but should i keep it the loading screen would be on and the ingame icon would appear and then after a few secs the rest would pop up BUT it does seem to run a bit better fps seems a wee bit higher by about fps in a place where my fps was usually ish but its been at around - But im not sure the card is stable I was planning on using it for a while to test it see how it went But though i d better consult the pro s any suggestions nbsp

A:Flashed a x800 sucessfully, but should i keep it

Is the core or memory running at a higher clock speed? If so, you might run into heat crashes and/or significantly reduce the life of your card. I know the stock heatsink and fan on the GTO's is a lot smaller than the x850. If you really didn't gain the use of the extra 4 pixel pipes then I would return it to stock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-a-x800-sucessfully-but-should-i-keep-it.40174/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, first off I would like to thank you in advance for your support and services provided through this site/forum. I have run some tests that were requested. The results are in the attached .zip file. Also here is the other info that was requested. I have received the BSOD 3 times in the last month. It flashes the Bluescreen then reboots the pc.

A:BSOD Flashed Then PC rebooted

Hello,

Try disconnecting your CD/DVD drive for the time being.
Code:
Event[28]:
Log Name: System
Source: cdrom
Date: 2011-07-22T22:04:57.238
Event ID: 51
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: James-PC
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.

Code:

Built by: 6002.18327.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432
Debug session time: Fri Jul 15 22:51:49.103 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 18:39:58.668
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KeReleaseSemaphore+13 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xA_nt!KeReleaseSemaphore+13
BiosReleaseDate = 02/24/2009
SystemProductName = Inspiron 530
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Jul 12 04:37:18.897 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:54.740
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!NtOpenKey+0 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: services.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1_SysCallNum_bd_nt!NtOpenKey+0
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jul 22 21:59:50.992 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 6 days 2:07:23.538
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for fltmgr.sys -
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs+b775 )
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x24_Ntfs+b775

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-flashed-then-pc-rebooted-589264.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just booted up my computer and got a BSD and a strange buzzing sound but it wasn't up long enough to read it even and as soon as it was gone the buzzing sound was gone too.
I have a Dell XPS 8100 with windows 7 home premium.
I've not added any new hardware or software.
Is there a way to make it stay up longer to see what it is if this should continue to happen?
If it should continue to happen any suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks

A:[SOLVED] BSD - flashed too quickly

hi,

Start computer then after dell screen start tapping f8 and choose disable automatic restart on system failure. the message should stay their. then do this http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html and post it here BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-bsd-flashed-too-quickly-585231.html
Relevancy 43%

Pc was stuck on a diagnostics loop and while trying to open safe mode I got distracted and I think I ran Asus E Z flash by mistake, without backing anything up or having anything plugged in. Now it won't boot, all I get is a black screen with a flashing "_", but it won't let my type and it won't run the diagnostic at all. What did I do?? Please help!

A:I think I accidentally flashed my hard drive

When booting, try holding all 4 directional keys at the same time to possibly regain your bios settings. As a last resort, Asus will restore the bios for a fee.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/i-think-i-accidentally-flashed-my-hard-drive-1123130.html
Relevancy 43%

my friend hit the switch on the motherboard and now computer doesnt do anything what do i do....I have no back up or anything.. HELP

Relevancy 42.57%

MicroSar MS 6743 Mainboard

:P4N Northwood 3.2ghz P4C 130nm 1.475 - 1.575v (Sandra)
:Family F Model 2 Stepping 9 Ext Family Ext Model 0 Revision D1 (CPUz)

Hi,
I've just flashed my bios and everything seemed fine, but Sandra reports that the core voltage is higher than rated maximum: in the bios it is 1.5 but Sandra reports core voltage @ 1.550v

CPUz reports highest @ 1.540v

The options to adjust cpu voltage/frequencies adjustments are not displayed in the bios.

Should I be concerned ? (please excuse my ignorance).

Intel core voltage ratings are on: http://www.intel.com/support/process.../cs-008016.htm - but I can't identify which is my CPU.

I have also updated my intel Inf drivers, could this be at fault ?

Also. do Sandra / CPUz retrieve their data from the bios or from the components ?

Thanks, bOO2

A:Motherboard Flashed - Is Vcore Voltage Correct ?

Your voltage is fine. I believe they both get it from the chip on your mobo, but not positive. I use Mother Board Monitor 5, or the builtin Asus program

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/motherboard-flashed-is-vcore-voltage-correct-74912.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Was fixing wires when I quickly unplugged the router/modem wires so I wouldn't tangle them, at he same time a person was clicking the clear button on their history. Suddenly their screen flashed black (The internet window was black) and when it cleared they managed to put up a new internet window which came on (Somehow it quickly had switched to offline mode. Usually it stays online but switches to can nit display if refreshed. Only going to offline mode occasionally) Thier computer is also directly conected to the modem/router.

Why did it flash? Did it have something to me quickly moving wires while they were clicking things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-flashed-black-asap-answer-445366.html
Relevancy 42.57%

A few weeks ago I began to get a popup window at start up Program Files IE software - Freezes a Avast AV warning has flashed Common with two helper sig files inside I read up on how to get rid of those dl d ran Brute Force and DeepDive and I no longer have that issue In the last week or more though IE Freezes - Avast AV software has flashed a warning my IE has been freezing regularly I have done the usual maintenence cleared the cache cookies defragged disk cleanup also disabled script debugging as I had read elsewhere Earlier this week my wife said she saw a warning popup from our Avast AV program unfortunately she isn t sure what she did to the message I didnt see it and it has not happened again I ran a IE Freezes - Avast AV software has flashed a warning scan and nothing has come up Below is my HijackThis log from the little I know it seems as if O should be fixed but I dont want to jump the gun Any help is greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files Roxio Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIRW exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Dell TransferAgent TransferAgent exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-freezes-avast-av-software-has-flashed-a-warning.778139/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All -- I don t know if I have a problem but thought I should report this to be on the safe side I listed an item for sale on Craigslist with a few images attached I subsequently received an email inquiry wanting to know the brand name of the item I didn t know it so wrote him back to tell him that His second email to me was a link which I did not click on I was immediately suspicious because part of the While in a Flashed typing gMail, Screen up Website on link read quot scripts quot and I had never seen that before in a URL His third email said something along the lines of quot that link I just sent you is probably the brand of the item you have for sale quot Again at no point did I click on that link but I also didn t delete it either because I wanted to look the URL over to see if I could figure out whether it was legit So I opened Firefox and typed in www and the name of the site and dot com I While typing in gMail, a Website Flashed up on Screen did not type in the entire URL Sure enough there were photos of items similar to what I was advertising but the page looked a little suspicious For one thing it listed all these times for sale but there were no prices And I could not find any identifying information for the website itself Firefox had several little icons that showed there was no information available whatever those things are that it usually checks Ok that s the background An hour or so later I was typing an email to someone and in the midst of that I hit a combination of keys possibly by accident and out of nowhere that same website flashed up on the screen I then went back to gmail deleted the suspicious link then updated Microsoft Security Essentials and ran a quick scan which found nothing It happened just the one time that website coming up on screen while I was in gMail Does this mean that I picked something up while visiting that webpage Could it have been a complete accident that I hit a combination of keys that both opened that other email AND the link and therefore the website came up I ran another scan with MSE this morning and again it found nothing Hopefully he was an amateur and succeeded at nothing Windows XP Service Pack And I keep software up to date Let me know if you need more identifying info Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439289/while-typing-in-gmail-a-website-flashed-up-on-screen/
Relevancy 42.57%

Good mornin folks I have a question problem that I can t figure out and I m not sure what to try next About weeks ago this Monday i was watchin a TV Show on my PC and the screens suddenly flashed white and the computer restarted and wouldn t boot Hard drives were in a RAID-O array and both failed somehow as they were testing screen ATI flashed after 1900xtx white stuttering bad with the Western Digital Data Lifeguard tools I formatted both drives and reinstalled windows XP Pro x along with updates drivers and software Ever since then games and videos have been stuttering every few seconds Games that worked fine before now are almost unplayable Even stuff from around like Age OF Empires II stutters Its ridiculious The Counter Strike source video stress test use to test ATI 1900xtx stuttering after screen flashed white out at about fps and now it tops out at fps that may not sound bad BUT it totally stopped ATI 1900xtx stuttering after screen flashed white every few seconds where as before it played smooth the whole time Even visualizations in windows media player freeze lock up every few seconds those played fine on my computer back in windows ME even A few oddities in ATI 1900xtx stuttering after screen flashed white Age of empires II there is a mini-map on the bottom right of the screen showing the whole board and anytime I click the box down there and drag my cursor around to move to a different part of the map the computer will lock up Every time Everquest II used to play perfect on Very High Quality settings and now extreme performance does the stuttering if I have the game in windows mode I can play fine but as soon as I goto gull screen I get the stuttering back Thus far I have done a clean install of the OS along with the latest drivers for my motherboard chipset ASUS A n-Sli Premium along with trying catalyst AND Beta along with the Nvidia Nforce motherboard chipset Hotfix for ATI cards from ATI Nothing has worked any better then the other I used catalyst before this happened and have used a driver cleaner between each re-install of catalyst Do you guys think that the video card or motherboard went bad With the screen flashing white when it restarted seems kinda bad stuttering every few seconds almost no matter what seems unusual to I ve tried different versions of ATIs catalyst program flashed MOBO Bios chipset drivers etc Where would you guys recommend going from here I m not sure what else to try Video Card and Mother Board are under warranty so they could be swapped under warranty if I can figure out one of them is bad I would think Thanks for any ideas and help guys System Specs if it helps at all - xtx vid card GB Ram x WD SATA Drives Windows XP PRo x nbsp

A:ATI 1900xtx stuttering after screen flashed white

What wattage psu are you using?? That could be the culprit too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-1900xtx-stuttering-after-screen-flashed-white.50630/
Relevancy 42.14%

i upgraded my linksys firmware to the latest tomato firmware and am unable to access the GUI, keeps saying wrong password. the readme says to reset the router and use the username\password admin but it still will not let me in. the router works fine but i want to be able to access the router. any help would be appreciated. thank you

A:help!! flashed my linksys WRT54G version with tomato 1.27 and cannot access GUI

what password are you using? Sometimes different linksys models have different things.

Did you try:

User: admin
Password: admin

User:admin
Pasword: password or password1

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/262018-help-flashed-my-linksys-wrt54g-version-tomato-1-27-cannot-access-gui.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey Today I was working on my computer and I noticed my cursor kept turning into the blue loading wheel even though I was not loading box computer flashed black Weird on Command screen anything Then all of a sudden I saw a black box like the ones you use to run commands flash on top of my open windows and display the words quot copied quot on each of two lines On suspension I ran a quick scan with Malwarebytes no infections were detected I forgot to update it the first time so i updated it and ran a quick scan again but Weird black Command box flashed on computer screen with the new updates Nothing Then I ran a full complete scan and got nothing So is this mysterious command box nothing serious or is it something such as a tool trying to steal my data I just want to be sure and safe Please let me know Operating system Windows -bit Computer status- I have access and full control of using my programs and internet Just making sure that nothing is out of order

A:Weird black Command box flashed on computer screen

Happened just once?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438996/weird-black-command-box-flashed-on-computer-screen/
Relevancy 42.14%

so i figured i'd be clever and flash my 1900xt bios to 1900xtx using ATI winflash and i think i screwed it up. computer doesn't recognize 1900 card and when i load CCC there is no display adapter.

ok so i tried to flash the bios back and after the restart i get no video on bootup. the computer starts up and goes through its normal process but no video. is there a way to restore bios with jumpers or something? i think im screwed.

A:1900xt vid card flashed to 1900xtx...now no video on boot up HELP!

fixed it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1900xt-vid-card-flashed-to-1900xtx-now-no-video-on-boot-up-help.446661/
Relevancy 41.71%

so I'm at a loss as to how to explain this one heres the log from event viewer Log Name Application Source Application Error Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Raider Description Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x dbc Faulting module name Windows Media Streaming dll version time stamp x a Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cf dbd f ffc Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path C Windows System Windows Media Streaming dll Report Id a d c f -ea - e -be -a cfe e Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event event flashed green, explorer screen crash viewer says quot gt lt screen flashed green, event viewer says explorer crash System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt screen flashed green, event viewer says explorer crash lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Raider lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt dbc lt Data gt lt Data gt Windows Media Streaming dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt cf dbd f ffc lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows System Windows Media Streaming dll lt Data gt lt Data gt a d c f -ea - e -be -a cfe e lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt -- thats the end of the log can anyone shed some light on this I just got this computer back from servicing

A:screen flashed green, event viewer says explorer crash

Hi xraiderv ^_^ ,

This is a thread related to BSOD Debugging, so you would be getting better help in the General Support section but I can try to help you out.

Visit this link :- Windows 8 DLL File Information - Windows.Media.Streaming.dll

It will give you the list of components required for this DLL to work properly. Please follow this guide to verify the Windows Files and see if the problem gets sorted or not :-

How To Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47364-screen-flashed-green-event-viewer-says-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 40.85%

1st time flash - Windows XP wouldnt load. Saw lots of reports on Forum's of problems so put 1009 back on (not original got off net). If on A: prompt doesnt show C: and if I load windows disk to repair page and press R (for repair) it says no drive. Got Maxtor sata drive. Its only 30 ish for new MB. All was working before just fancied a few days of torment. Any thoughts need to get working again.

A:ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Rev1.01 Flashed 1009 to 1013 No Windows & Now NO drive C?/

Solved problem. If anyone has same problem follow link below for some information that may be useful.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/windows-xp-wont-load-after-bios-flash-v1013-vt60728.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-e-deluxe-rev1-01-flashed-1009-to-1013-no-windows-now-no-drive-c.28709/
Relevancy 38.27%

So one of my friends is running Vista -bit with her DXdiag attached I also have attached her Windows today a more recent Dxdiag Her computer was fine about two months ago and shes had it for months Then these quot freezes lockups quot started randomly throughout the day She'll be gaming or just browsing the internet with a few AIM MSN windows opened random programs will lock up and freeze while others stay perfectly functional Windows seldom freezes along with the programs but it does happen occasionally where she can't use task manager and the windows button is forced to freeze for about - minutes She hasn't had freezes above ish minutes because she manually shuts down her computer about that time Sometimes when she freezes she gets past bios and while windows was loading it sent her to a black screen that didn't load anything She had to keep restarting a couple of times and waiting ish minutes and eventually her windows loaded up She says this doesn't usually happen either She wiped about a month ago and it didn't really do anything At all She did a clean format reinstall of windows and these freezes - Freezes Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- still freezes Program/Window persists Random still happen with the same occurrence rate severity duration I also have the event viewer logs of her Random Program/Window Freezes - Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- freezes still persists system and programs They were taken right after the freezes Not sure if these help they seem like a bunch of crap to me but just incase I can't tell anything for certain from it but it does say there are some errors Now I made sure the drivers to her computer are updated windows vista is updated and these freezes still occur Heres what we tried I can't figure it out at all Searching for the bios for led me to find this Flash succeeded problems till persist Ran memtest for hours no errors Reformatted to retail stock with CDs in Vista -bit Ran without video drivers Ran in safe mode Dual booted into Windows windows updated fully fresh newest drivers installed for all motherboard components and video card All of these failed freezes still happen to random programs If anyone can figure this out it would be GREATLY appreciated

A:Random Program/Window Freezes - Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- freezes still persists

These sound like hardware issues. Please run these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.
It won't hurt to run MemTest again - but I wouldn't put a priority on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-program-window-freezes-formatted-flashed-memtested-freezes-still-persists-491061.html
Relevancy 38.27%

System suddenly reboots and on start up Microsoft warning as"system as recovered from a serious error."
And in the log created for error reporting to microsoft includes file:

c:\Docume~1\XYZ\locals~1\temp\WER7.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
error key no:
Bccode:1aBcP1:00041z84 BcP2:75A84000 BCP3:0000012B BCP4:C0503000
osver:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 product:256_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-reboots-and-a-security-warning-as-serious-error-is-flashed.364753/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 36.98%

I loaded Win7 three computers, 2 desktops and 1 laptop. My Dell XPS is the one that keeps flashing a black screen from time to time. It seems like it is thinking for a few seconds but when this happens it is like my monitor turns off.

any ideas?

A:Monitor flashed Black from time to time

Under display adapters in device manager, is your 6800 M listed as the adapter? I ask because I'm sure it has to be a moblle graphic card and requires a specific moble driver inf file. Which you should beable to get from Dell with your service tag. If it is listed as a VGA then you definetly need the proper driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36382-monitor-flashed-black-time-time.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi.

My Sat M30 laptop start with an bios error. The error says "Resource conflict, edit bios setting or boot" If select "boot" computer hangs before windows completely starts. I remove the wi-fi and the modem module and the same error appears. I can't upgrade the bios because the windows don't start. The bios version is 1.7. The laptop is UK version. If select "edit bios", bios start but I can't find any resource management.

Thanks

(sorry for my english, I am from Spain)

A:Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot

Hi

I think the error ?edit bios setting? means that you should access the BIOS and should set the BIOS back to the default settings.

Please do this, save the settings and try to boot up!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?36316-Satellite-Pro-M30-Bios-error-Resource-conflict-Edit-bios-setting-or-boot
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello

My last BIOS update has failed and now my laptop Satellite PrU400 PSU45E is out of order.
I want to use the Crisis Recovery Disk with an USB floppy drive but I don't know the key combination to run the boot-block.
Is anybody can help me?

Best regards

A:Satellite Pro U400 BIOS update failed - What is BIOS Boot-block access

Hi

I wondering what Crisis Recovery Disk do you have ?:|
In my experience the special disk is needed which is available only for ASP technician.
Therefore it?s necessary to contact the ASP in your country in order to reflash the BIOS.

In my opinion you shouldn?t not try any ?Crisis Recovery disks? which you fond in the net? this can lead to mobo damage?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46578-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-failed-What-is-BIOS-Boot-block-access
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,
When I press Restore Settings button in BIOS setting (through F2 when Dell logo is displayed at booting) then the dialog with two options is shown:

BIOS Defaults
Factory Settings

What is the difference about these two options (BIOS Defaults vs. Factory Settings) please?
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984839
Relevancy 31.39%

I had a strange set of circumstances today I was trying to update my memory from to g My system would not boot with the new memory and the bios gave beeps After removing the new memory the system would boot to XP but I had no video I powered down and powered back up I now had video but the system would hang In Safe Mode it would hang after the following entry system config system Note I never observed any windows error messages just the hang I used the Recovery Console from an XP CD and did a chkdsk r and chdsk f I also ran fixboot None of these solved the problem I then ran fixmbr Recovery Console displayed some kind of caution message that I had a quot invalid BIOS to after unable Setup BIOS running enter Hang, FIXMBR quot or something MBR and that it might prevent me from access partitions or something Well I ran fixmbr anyway since i was out if ideas Now when I try to boot it is freezing during the post process When I hit F to enter the BIOS setup BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR it says quot entering setup quot but it never does It seems to be hanging right after the drive detect process Note I have one standard IDE BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR drive copy and SATA drives Windows XP is installed on one of the SATA drives Any ideas Let me know if you need any more info

A:BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR

This sounds more like a BIOS = hardware issue. Since you have been inside the case it is possible something got nudged loose. Re-seat your memory and video card if it is an add-on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273065/bios-hang-unable-to-enter-bios-setup-after-running-fixmbr/
Relevancy 31.39%

The computer wont start.   After pressing "ON" one can hear a vibration sound, it turns on an orange LED.   Stays black for two  minutes; then screen does light to a dim night-blue color.     This is for a Split x2 13-g110dx (windows 10 64bit). Already tried:  hard reset and going to BIOS (Windows button + "B"). Also tried booting from  a USB drive.   It did not work (see screen below). Any suggestion(s) of how it can still be revived ("do it myself")? Thank you.                                       Screen message  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-BIOS-recovery-failed-Unable-to-open-BIOS-Signature/td-p/5776048
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello everyone I ama new user and i am coming up with this post as I couldn t find any kind of solution update BIOS B590 failure! Lenovo BIOS FLASH! Black... for my problem Recently I decided to do a reinstallation of my operating system which also previously was Windows Ultimate x The installation went as usual and after finishing it I went on to install all the latest drivers from the Lenovo site for my product When getting close to installing almost all the drivers i ve needed i Lenovo B590 BIOS update failure! BIOS FLASH! Black... stumbled upon a new version of the BIOS amnd the drivers and sfotware recommended for my laptop by the producer So i proceeded to install the upgrade restarted the computer when it prompted me to do so but after the so-called restart the laptop did not boot up as usual At first it was telling me to not do anything as the BIOS is being flashed and then it was telling me something about some sort of image processing things that i did not understand at the time i have never encountered anything like that After that my screen turned black I have not done anything for a few couple of minutes as i thought it was supposed to be like that but then i just force shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter When trying to boot it all up again the only thing i got was a black screen and nothing else After doing a little bit of research it appears that somehowm i ve managed to corrupt the bios on my laptop or something and nothing else would work at this point I tried to remove the BIOS battery and the ram and then put them all back tryed resetting the bios by taking out the battery but nothing would work I would be really thankful if anyone would be kind enough to point me one way or another as i do not know what to do at all nbsp Around the webz i found some way of creating a bootable usb flash drive where i would put a compatible version of BIOS from the site and then install it onto the laptop but i do not quite know how to do that properly either as the software they are pointing me to wincrisis is not working by any means

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B590-BIOS-update-failure-BIOS-FLASH-Black-screen-after/td-p/3392941
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, Thanx to shuttles indescript site I have killed my AI61 motherboard, I thought I was getting an executable zip which was actually the flash program + rom and after opening BEEEEEP

Anyway I have a eeprom burner and this eeprom sst39sf020 is right in the list.

Can anyone email me the bios .bin file for this motherboard? (not the file from shuttles site but the old bios file ai61s017.bin so I can flash it using my eeprom burner)

Or at least tell me how to extract the .rom from the exe file shuttle sends

If I get the rom file I will be able to revive this nifty old 750!

PS it appears that shuttle quite sending *.bin bios updates a while ago but if anyone can find ai61s017.bin I would be gratefull

Thanx
Ryan

A:(solved) Shuttle AI61 messed up bios, where do I find a bios bin file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-shuttle-ai61-messed-up-bios-where-do-i-find-a-bios-bin-file.186055/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

I have problems with entering the BIOS and boot. My device requests a password, what can you do? Toshiba service centers in our city is not present. All I could do - press control, tab, control, enter, and the machine gave me PC Serial

Sorry for my English, I used Google translator.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92875-BIOS-amp-boot-issue-Portege-Z930-requests-BIOS-password
Relevancy 31.39%

Im working on a Toshiba Laptop A - Model PSAA U- FH K that froze while trying to flash the BIOS so I didnt know what won't A105: Failed access now BIOS & BIOS Toshiba flash; boot no else to do but shut it off Now when Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot I Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot try to boot it up it gets stuck in the same place it did during the flashing on the Toshiba splash screen with the status bar at the bottom showing about complete I cant get into the BIOS and cant boot into Windows Other options available on this screen are Press F for System Settings and F for Boot Menu Pressing F results in a beep and the status bar changing to quot Please Wait quot but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait Pressing F doesnt do anything Pressing ESC takes me to a screen that shows the typical system info -- Phoenix Technologies Version Intel Calistoga CRB T A Reference BIOS VERSION MAK looks like its running POST and recognizes CPU Cores No TPM or TPM has a problem and system RAM and stops there What is my best course of action - shorting out the CMOS battery I ve tried this on the solder pads marked C with no laptop battery with and without the wi-fi ram and hdd installed Im either doing it wrong or its just not working - trying to reflash BIOS chip I tried this turned the laptop on and held down the c key to boot from cd but still got stuck at the same place - replacing the BIOS chip - something else Any guidance or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional info from me Thanks so much in advance NorCalGirl Toshiba Laptop A - Model PSAA U- FH K Windows MCE SP I believe -bit GB RAM nbsp

A:Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot

Im trying to figure out why I've had no replies yet.

Have I asked a stupidly easy question that everyone is rolling their eyes to and cant bear to tell me the answer? Or have I stumped everyone?

I have a hard time believing this is a stumper. I've found the same question posted elsewhere on the net and shorting the CMOS seemed to help. That or removing the battery altogether (its soldered to the board), but I dont think Im doing it right. Can someone give me directions on that?

or is this just a lost cause? :-/

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a105-failed-bios-flash-now-no-bios-access-wont-boot.152342/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I turn on my computer yestereday it loaded the post screen briefly than went directly into BIOS setup When I exit the bios setup the screen goes black flickers than goes back into BIOS setup BIOS recognized hard To exiting Directly Bios Boots setup, back Bios cycles to drives and cd roms and boot sequence was correct Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios I decided to deal with it tomorrow or today When i turned it on today it booted to my nd harddrive which also has an OS Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios installed went into bios booted from my main harddrive and the computer worked fine for about min I was browsing the web and microsoft outlook kept Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios trying to open eventually everytime i closed it pop right back up couldnt access taskmanager keyboard couldnt type however i could manuever with the arrow keys Powered down and when i rebooted had the same problem as before wont get past bios setup I have tried reseting the CMOS jumpers but that didnt have any affect tried booting with soley each hard drive separately cd rom and with each stick of memory All running into the same issue Any ideas Specifications ---------------------------------------------------------------- Home built Windows XP Pro SP ASRock K N M Micro ATX motherboard AMD Athlon X WINTEC AMPO GB x GB DDR PC XFX Geforce GT MB TB Samsung HD GB Western Digital HD Liteon DVDRW Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Antec TruePower Trio Watt nbsp

A:Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios

Have you tried another keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boots-directly-to-bios-setup-exiting-cycles-back-to-bios.926821/
Relevancy 31.39%

My laptop has no problem before. Recently I try to install Windows XP. First attempt fail, so I change SATA at BIOS from AHCI to Compatible, success. However the partition that I want to install*Windows XP to is not available.*

So just to test I choose my Windows 7 partition. Since it want to format the partition, I cancel the installation. After restarting windows, it stuck at bios. I restart again and change SAT to AHCI. Restart, still stuck at bios. This time I cannot enter BIOS, recovery or change boot media. Assuming the boot sector has corrupt, will reseating the cmos battery will fix this *problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.*

A:Windows 7 Stuck At BIOS Cannot Enter BIOS or Change Boot Media

Somehow with guidance from Lenovo Community, I solved the problem.

For future reference:
1. Take out HDD, battery, plug off ac power.
2. Restart, change SATA Controller in BIOS to compatible, restart.
3. Check whether the SATA Controller is Compatible or AHCI. If Compatible, force shutdown laptop.
4. Put back HDD, boot with Windows 7 Recovery CD or Installation Disc.
5. Choose Autostartup Repair.
6. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296679-windows-7-stuck-bios-cannot-enter-bios-change-boot-media.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello , I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home. I am trying to access the system BIOS and it has a red password log in screen. I tried to guess and enter several log in passwords including  the word DELL and none of them worked. I didn't want to enter too many wrong passwords because I didn't know if the system would lock me out. Can anyone help me by pass the BIOS log in password or some how disable it ? Thank You in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron 530 BIOS is locked with password requesting help to unlock BIOS

Hi WILSPEAK,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed.
Do reach back for any query.
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682558
Relevancy 31.39%

I tried to booting the computer Block error checksun BIOS BIOS Boot Award and received the Award Boot Block Bios and BIOS checksun error BIOS checksun error Award Boot Block BIOS It detects the cdrom but I don t have the CD Where can I get the cd like where to download it HP Media Center Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P LP-LE LimeStone Pentium D I don t remember the rest I found the site for the motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc cc us amp product amp dlc en amp docname c Backgorund I was having some probelms which the computer wouldn t start at all and a really loud sound the fan made so I called my insurance and they came and change the mother board twice and added a new cooling fan and power supply All this took two months for waiting for the parts and making an appoinment with the tech After replacing the motherboard twice the tech told me I m gonna order new harddrive I don t think is the motherboard or the fan Before leaving he suggested me to call me inusrance and tell them that you want a new computer cause its been more than two months and there has been four calls already So I called the insurance and got a new computer and kept the old one A week after receiving my new computer I took the old one for repair but at didn t at the end after they told me how much it would cost me to get it fix Now I m deciding to do it myself but I boot the computer and received something about Award Boot Block Bios I remember the tech putting a cd to the computer when he tried booting it up Where can I get a copy of the cd or is there a site to download it from Before I installing a new harddrive and XP Vista if i can i need the cd nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

Dear all nbsp Since the beginning I got troubles with charging - plugged in not charging The easiest solution was just remove the battery but not for HP Omen I removed battery and destroyed the rubber on the bottom nbsp I had to open the laptop because one morning I got the massegae that my laptop is overheated and fan does not work properly Both fans works only during the lounch when windows works only one fan was in operations second one never starts again Looking for the solution in the internet I have found that this can be because of BIOS is not updated nbsp update vers... works Fan like helicopter-BIOS BIOS is a blocked I pushed F checked the the system everything is fine and then I installed only one version Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers... which I have found there No massages regarding overheating any more both Fans are working full power and very very loud Temperature of processors is C In my room C nbsp nbsp I followed all instructions but got massege BIOS update is blocked I downloaded the most previous version again BIOS update is blocked Current version of bios is BIOS version F Sep nbsp Can it be solved somehow nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers...

@YuraL? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-works-like-a-helicopter-BIOS-update-is-blocked-BIOS/td-p/5829795
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi There,

I just built a desktop with a sabertooth x79 motherboard, and am running Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit. When I click the UEFI BIOS Firmware live tile via the change PC settings>update and recovery>recovery>etc. my computer reboots normally to Windows and will not open BIOS. I have tried accessing it using the delete and f2 keys, but this does nothing either.

Any ideas? I am up to date in terms of my BIOS, and am definitely running UEFI and not legacy.

Thank you so much.

A:UEFI BIOS firmware restart doesn't boot to BIOS

Motherboards - SABERTOOTH X79

Originally Posted by ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37128-uefi-bios-firmware-restart-doesnt-boot-bios.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 31.39%

BIOS problem occured when I upgraded graphicscard, see my other thread.
Computer/soundcard boot problems after upgrading graphicscard GTX 960

I started this thread because it is a bios problem.

I downloaded the driver 2.09 from manufacturers website (medion)
motherboard MS- 7728
when i try to flash it says
"ROM file does not match existing BIOS size"

someone knows how to solve this?

A:Flashing BIOS - ROM file does not match existing BIOS size

Kevin someone in the other thread asked what size PSU you have now I am not sure what you have hooked up but one way you can check what size PSU you need (for starters) because what you have looks to be a tad on the small size at 450W - eXtreme Power Supply Calculator - The only power supply calculator trusted by PSU manufacturers and computer enthusiasts

Just enter in as much as you can and the readout should give you roughly what size you need with some margin of error. Now if the result is close to the 450W PSU you have?? then under heavy load it might well be trying to draw more than what is available. Remember the stated output is the ideal and in reality some power is lost with the internal workings of the PSU circuitry/s.
Personally I use a PSU that has at least 25% more than I possibly need and just because it says for example 650W on the label doesn't mean that it is producing 650W continuously the device only puts out what is being asked of it. That is to say if your machine's components are idling at a draw of 200W then that is all a 650W PSU will put out - it is sort of working on a linear scale for want of a better way of putting it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369956-flashing-bios-rom-file-does-not-match-existing-bios-size.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

I have a old Tecra 9100 with years of good service, and this is my first problem, but is a great one, after a forced reboot the screen shows a BIOS block 1 damaged message. I have tried to repair the BIOS upgrading to the last version I have found, the 1.6 one, but its a Windows version (to upgrade from a running Toshiba computer I think) and when I try to run it in another computer to generate a FDD and upgrade BIOS, I cant, beacuse a Toshiba common modules message.

Its there any BIOS diskette image-archive I can dowload to perform the BIOS upgrade in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

A:Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?

Hello

All you can find is stuff on Toshiba support page. I don't know where you live but try to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain all this for you. Make a call and ask for help. I am pretty sure they will help you to solve this BIOS issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46581-Tecra-9100-BIOS-block-1-damaged-and-how-to-update-BIOS
Relevancy 31.39%

Performed a bios update on my dj/music laptop, after restart the screen remained black with wifi light remaining orange and the caps lock blinking twice every so often. Ive tried downloading the bios recovery and throwing it on a usb, under the hp tools and all that jazz. But upon doing the procedure after the power and windows-B the flash drive lights up and flickers then stops and caps lock starts blinking twice again. Im in dire need to fix this cause i have a festival in 3 weeks. Any input or guide to fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-j100-bios-corruption-after-recommended-hp-bios/td-p/5705699
Relevancy 31.39%

AMD Dual Core processors - updating BIOS?

how do you do this?

thanks a lot

A:AMD Dual Core processors - updating BIOS/flashing BIOS?

Flash a BIOS?
You need to download the update from the motherboard manufacturer. Then follow the directions in the readme file that usually comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-dual-core-processors-updating-bios-flashing-bios.43233/
Relevancy 31.39%

So recently I purchased a Galaxy GTX MB video card I was previously using a BFG Tech GTX When I first installed the GPU I was on an ASUS P B Deluxe WiFI Edition motherboard I am now on an ASRock P time) up Bios (slowing Mobo boot up GPU showing BIOS before Extreme motherboard I mention the old mobo because the problem has been the same regardless So I link the issue to the GPU Anywho the new Galaxy card on boot displays it's own Bios information before the mobo Bios page shows up It's actually the first thing I see on my monitor It just simply displays Galaxy Bios version etc etc etc It doesn't last for more than - seconds but I personally feel it's an unnecessary delay Especially since I'm so adamant about computer efficiency and I try to get my boot up times as fast as possible Just a personal hobby I enjoy So I was curious if there is a way to disable this initial Bios screen I did many google searches and couldn't find the problem to a a perfect description Some people did mention that it has GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time) to do with a motherboard conflict but that's why I mentioned bother motherboards One was old and the one I'm on now is brand new I've never purchased a Galaxy card until now so I'm curious if it's unique to their brand I've never updated Bios on a video card before and I'm not sure if it'd cure the problem either Anyone familiar with this situation Thank you Edit I'll take a picture of the Bios screen and post it quick I just thought about doing it but I typed this entire message and I can't do that unless I restart

A:GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time)

It will still have to do it's thing...even if you manage to make it disappear....I have had systems in the past that has done that same thing...if speed is what your after a SSD will do more for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/165700-gpu-bios-showing-up-before-mobo-bios-slowing-boot-up-time.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have posted a few questions regarding getting samsung 950 pro (NVME M.2 ssd) to be recognized quickly on boot by ENVY 750-170SE cto rom family id #2b4b and it hasn't been resolved.  I am pretty sure that HP will need to create a newer bios than the a.08 version that i have or the lower versioned number a.07 which is available from HP's website (even though it has a newer date than a.08 (this is really strange))  -  How do i go about getting HP to release a beta or final bios that shortens my boot time by 3 minutes?  Am i posting in the wrong area, if so where do i post?  I am not alone with this problem.  see SpearfishX post #21 - and i am unable to post in this forum, it needs to be reopened and addressed - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-u...

A:Bios Upgrade on HP Envy 750-170se CTO bios family 2b4b

@FrozenGamer? If your PC takes 3 minutes to boot in a factory condition then you should contact HP support. If your PC is less than 21 days old then quickly return it.  Without any modifications, your PC should be booting up in less than 30 seconds. I haven't seen any official HP posted information that supports NVMe m.2 SSDs.  Run the HP Support Assistant and see if it picks up a later BIOS update. HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-on-HP-Envy-750-170se-CTO-bios-family-2b4b/td-p/5585600
Relevancy 31.39%

Good evening!
A week ago I reinstalled Windows 7 in EFI mode on my laptop, and now I've got this problem: whenever I turn on my computer after a shutdown, the BIOS says "System Resuming" instead of "Press F2 to enter settings". This makes impossible for me to access BIOS settings. Previously, my BIOS used to say "System Resuming" only after a hibernation. The weird fact is that - as far as I remember - this thing started happening only after a few days.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance :-)

A:I can't access BIOS settings because BIOS assumes Windows is resuming

Try doing a shutdown command from a CMD window, or Start button / Run
The command is shutdown /s

See if entering the command manually makes a difference in how it starts up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343868-i-cant-access-bios-settings-because-bios-assumes-windows-resuming.html
Relevancy 31.39%

When you go to the following link nbsp http support lenovo com us en downloads ds nbsp and scroll about of the way down the webpage it says that there is a v version of the BIOS as shown below and it also says that v is the current version of the BIOS however there is no link versi... version and BIOS incorrect missing BIOS W520 to download v of W520 BIOS version missing and incorrect BIOS versi... the BIOS or the accompanying readme txt file like there is say for v of the BIOS - see below nbsp Package UEFI BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ECP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Release nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BET WW AHT WW nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Release nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BET WW nbsp AHT WW nbsp nbsp buj us exe nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp buj us txt nbsp Also at the very top of the same webpage it says that v is the current version of the BIOS NOT v nbsp If you look at the Readme txt file it indicates that there was indeed a v of the BIOS released however version of the BIOS is not posted any where on the webpage nbsp Based on the other file name conventions it appears that the file names for the v of the BIOS would be ' buj us exe' and ' buj us txt' nbsp If you download the the alleged v of the BIOS at the top of the webpage and run the setup program it says that it will install v of the BIOS nbsp Also if you go to the following link for W driver and BIOS downloads nbsp http support lenovo com us en products laptops-and-netbooks thinkpad-w-series-laptops thinkpad-w nbsp and you select BIOS UEFI from the pull down menu and download the fourth link down i e v of the Windows version of the BIOS update and run the exe file it ALSO says v when you run the executable - see attached screen capture nbsp Lenovo can you please straighten all of these different problems out nbsp It is important that these BIOS update downloads and accompanying readme and version information are correct and accurate v download indicates v of bios png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W520-BIOS-version-missing-and-incorrect-BIOS-version-displayed/td-p/3347409