Windows Support Forum

HDD shows up in BIOS but not Windows

Q: HDD shows up in BIOS but not Windows

I have read many posts attempting to solve my own issue all the while failing Some proper assitance will be needed so I needed to create my own post I have a Seagate TB HDD I have been using shows up not BIOS but Windows in HDD for a couple years My girlfriend is a photographer and she filled up HDD shows up in BIOS but not Windows the drive Prior to being able to afford a new one she crashed windows and it would no longer start up Bought a new drive thought my task would be simple however upon booting windows to my new drive the old drive had not shown up I checked the bios and it is visible there The Data on that drive is irreplaceble So by attempting to solve my own issue here is what I have tried -Checking bios for other drive boot options -switching the cables on the drive multiple times -using a different computer -checking disk management -using seagate drive tools -using windows boot disk -using Memory Diagnostic Tools only other method I have read but havent tried is using an external casing in an attempt to get it to apper however I have my doubts on whether that would work If I am wrong please correct me So to be Clear -HDD with essential data on it Seagate TB -Shows up in Bios -Does not show up in Window Disk management or in Seatools Also will not appear for a Windows install disk I appreciate The Help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HDD shows up in BIOS but not Windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HDD shows up in BIOS but not Windows

Is the 1.5 TB drive the one that had Windows installed to it? If so, it is pretty likely you are screwed.. I mean, there are some options you have, but none have a real high success rate on a drive that has failed.

Check out the tools on Hirens boot CD. Boot from that, and have a go with a few of those tools, that is your best chance now outside of professional recovery. Professional recovery costs will strongly test how "irreplaceable" those pictures are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-shows-up-in-bios-but-not-windows.191693/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys I just upgraded my processor to an AMD It replaced my Phenom This is the rd day the new processor has been in the computer First two days everything went fine Ran Prime and IBT to make sure i was up and stable This morning rd day shows only in ram in 12gb windows 4,6,or usable shows 8 bios, got up turned on the computer and now i have less usable ram than i had last night No matter how many times i restart it shows 12gb ram shows in bios, only 4,6,or 8 usable shows in windows less in windows than what 12gb ram shows in bios, only 4,6,or 8 usable shows in windows bios shows It says either or gb usable ram it changed just about every time too I have reseated all the ram I have moved them around I have reseated the processor I have clean installed windows home premium x Does anyone have any ideas This is the first issue with RAM i have ever ran into Also when i am in bios and i go to the RAM settings everything shows up like it is supposed to Details options timings etc Not really sure where to go from here

A:12gb ram shows in bios, only 4,6,or 8 usable shows in windows

In most AMD CPUs, the memory controller is on-die in the CPU. Maybe your FX-8350 is malfunctioning.

Also:

- Do you have the correct voltage for your memory set in BIOS?
- What kind of memory is it? (brand name, model, and speed)
- Have you tried putting the Phenom back in to see if the 12GB memory comes back?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392696-12gb-ram-shows-bios-only-4-6-8-usable-shows-windows.html
Relevancy 58.05%

windows xp sp2. lite-on dvd drive.

at first it worked fine. then it suddenly stopped showing up in my computer. if I try to manually access D:\ it still doesn't work

A:cd drive shows in bios, not in windows

acpo said:

windows xp sp2. lite-on dvd drive.

at first it worked fine. then it suddenly stopped showing up in my computer. if I try to manually access D:\ it still doesn't workClick to expand...

The very 1st thing to do is open up the case and reseat your IDE & molex connectors. It's not uncommon for one of these connectors become loose or slightly ajar. Boot up normally to Windows and see if you can access the DVD drive.

If that doesn't work, I would try booting up in safe mode and see if it shows up in the device mangler. If so, remove the device and reboot the system. XP has a large driver database, so it would search for a suitable driver upon reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-shows-in-bios-not-in-windows.354836/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, i wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't gone to install something (Flight Simulator 98, yes i was that bored ) but my LG CD-RW Drive is no longer showing up in Windows. I opened up my case and swapped the IDE cable and checked the power connection but it still doesn't show.

I checked my BIOS and it shows up there and it opens, closes and spins up butWindows doesn't recognise it. Something must have happened recently because about a week ago i burnt a cd.

If anybody knows anytihng that could be the problem then let me know, because i'm totally confused on this one.

A:CD Drive shows in BIOS, not in Windows

Do you have a bootable CD? If so see if you can boot from it. That will rule out the drive being faulty and make it a Windows issue.

If it boots from that drive, then remove the drive and if possible the IDE ATAPI controller it is on from device manager and reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-drive-shows-in-bios-not-in-windows.61589/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok so i have 2 EVGA 9800GTX+ SLI'ed display works in windows but doesnt show anything until windows loads up.. im running it on a XFX 750a. athlon x2 4400+ 6 gigs ram 4 OCZ sli 2 random microtech 1 gig chips and it also likes to take a sweet long time starting also.. any ideas? (also i dont know much about sli these are the first 2 cards ive ever sli'd) but my frame rate hasnt increased that much since the upgrade to 2 GTX+s originally 1 XFX9800GT < junk crap right out of the box

A:Display Shows Windows but not BIOS

fixed it, just needed 1.4 bios xD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-shows-windows-but-not-bios.133572/
Relevancy 58.05%

Well the title sums it up really I OC ed my AMD Phenom II X BE to it s x multiplier at a comfy GHz just to test things and familiarize myself with it shows than different Windows frequency CPU CPU-Z/BIOS s voltages After I set the thing to x and rebooted I checked windows to see if it actually showed MHz but it didn t I then ran CPU-Z and Core Temp both of which showed exactly MHz and a x multiplier Windows shows different CPU frequency than CPU-Z/BIOS My question Is this just a bug Windows shows different CPU frequency than CPU-Z/BIOS in windows and is my CPU actually GHz or is there something else going on The fact that CPU-Z shows higher changing voltages BIOS Core Voltage is set to Auto means to me that windows is doing it wrong But I might be completely mistaking Also on a sidenote I wondered if the popular Can You Run It webservice shows realtime CPU clock speed or just the stock value Because it s showing the stock value for me but I thought it might just be getting that from where windows is getting it the wrong location I hope that is Any assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated Marty nbsp

A:Windows shows different CPU frequency than CPU-Z/BIOS

CPU-Z is more accurate then windows with these things, i would say if both it and the bios says you have then windows isn't reading it properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-shows-different-cpu-frequency-than-cpu-z-bios.169458/
Relevancy 57.62%

The computer boots up, I can access the UEFI bios and everything before but as soon as I try to let it go into windows, the point where the login screen usually opens up... instead it just blanks out and states no signal on my display.

I just refilled my watercooling loop and everything was working fine prior to this, I was worried that I did something to the video card but I dont think that would be the case since the display its connected to shows the post screen and the UEFI bios.

A:PC boots, shows bios, but "no signal" when going into Windows

The BIOS and Safe Mode both use a different graphics driver than the one used in normal operation.

Boot into Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572981/pc-boots-shows-bios-but-no-signal-when-going-into-windows/
Relevancy 57.62%

ok i turn on the computer and the bios says "BOOT FROM CD/DVD" or something liek that, so i think ok my dvd drive is working, then i go to My Computer and ITS NOT THERE!!! it only has my hard drive but not my dvd drive even though my bios already knows that it is there. i also went to device manager and its not even there!!! please someone help me.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there,
I currently have an acer aspire 5745G that will not boot up. I am currently running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. When I boot it up I see the bios screen, then it skips to a black screen with a solid white line in the upper left hand corner. I am able to access the bios settings and choose the boot order. However, I am not able to access the advanced boot menu using the f8 key and I am unable to reset to factory defaults by holding alt and spamming f10 (which is default with acer laptops) I also enabled d2d in the bios which is required for the restore but with no luck. I have also tried doing a boot from a usb stick running linux ubuntu but I am still seeing the same screen. If there is anything you could suggest me try to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
bananaronies

A:Laptop won't boot. Shows bios but will not run windows.

If booting to the USB Linux flash drive, boot into Setup (Bios) go to Boot Priority and change it to USB first boot device. There may be a setting in the Bios for Drives or HDD. Here the USB drive may be listed and you can choose it from there to allow it to boot.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and long tests on the drive. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-boot-shows-bios-but-will-not-run-windows-694717.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.02%

please help. i just added a larger hard drive (250G) -- master/primary to my system. i already had a 120G slave drive that i used for data storage only. the old drive shows up in BIOS fine and also shows up in device manager under XP and shows no evidence of problems there either. IT'S JUST INVISIBLE!!!! i can't get it to see it in disk management. this is nuts. someone please help.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a 80gb Maxtor diamondMax 20 STM3802110A hard drive. It partitioned into 2, and it was working fine until the one partition got slow and now the hard drive shows in the BIOS, But not on xp. I tried installing linux opensuse on it but it doesnt work. Help me please !!!!!!! Im desperate

A:Hardrive shows on bios, but not on OS

Well at least BIOS (cmos) sees it.

I believe your best approach would be to download your Hard Drive diagnostic tool, to test for any errors.
Please click here-->http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardrive-shows-on-bios-but-not-on-os.100522/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys Reaching out for some help on this weird one here I have a clients Toshiba Portege M -S laptop which got a pretty crazy virus Long story short I tried to but in shows HDD not in BIOS Win install... 7 format the drive and reinstall windows formatting the drive proved no issue Ive tried a few different methods windows format diskpart but everytime I run thru the win setup it says no HDD found even though it shows up in BIOS I combed thru the BIOS for AHCI SATA settings anything that may HDD shows in BIOS but not in Win 7 install... help no luck I then tried for kicks to install win on HDD shows in BIOS but not in Win 7 install... the HDD in a different PC then put that HDD in the Toshiba and it started the windows loading screen then obviously blued out due to incompatible drivers but shows me the HDD is def being seen just not in the install To top it off I went into UBCD environment again the HDD shows up I can run a chkdsk on it diagnostic which passes I was going to try to install it to a USB but that got shut down quick due to the partition issue Any ideas Installing Win Ulti bit Tried DVDs and my USB install drive so far same results on all Any ideas are welcome Oh PS i also already tried updating the BIOS to the latest version no change -

A:HDD shows in BIOS but not in Win 7 install...

Just to add Ive also tried multiple known working hard drives in this machine, all same result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543890/hdd-shows-in-bios-but-not-in-win-7-install/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Just as OS shows up 4GB only & installed, but in 3GB BIOS the title said I m having problem getting all sticks of RAM to work My memory are OCZ SLI-Ready x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC model OCZ N SR GK I ve tested each of them with memtest and determined that they are working My motherboard is a BFG nForice i Ultra which according to the manual should support up to GB of DDR memory So this shouldn t be a mobo restriction either As for OS I am 4GB installed, but only 3GB shows up in OS & BIOS dual-booting with Ubuntu and Windows Vista Ultimate both are -bit NOTE that I am fully aware of the -bit vs -bit limitation when it come to large memory support However 4GB installed, but only 3GB shows up in OS & BIOS I want to know why even the BIOS would report only GB Only then would I go out and get a -bit OS for replacement I ve done some googling some one from another forum said in order for their BIOS to properly recognize over GB of RAM they had to enable something called Memory Mapping I don t see anything like that in my BIOS not a surprise since the person above used a mobo from a different manufacturer So any idea what s going on here nbsp

A:4GB installed, but only 3GB shows up in OS & BIOS

Might want to boot with each stick of memory and see if one of them is bad - and/or run memtest to find any errors. Could just be a bad stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4gb-installed-but-only-3gb-shows-up-in-os-bios.764059/
Relevancy 48.59%

i've purchased a new ssd for extra storage, but it does not show up after plugging it in, currently running os on a different ssd.

A:new ssd shows in bios but not disk management

In order to help you, you need to post a LOT more info; exact system specs, exact drive you are having problems accessing, if your board has more than one sata controller, what controller you are using for the drive, etc, etc.
Post a screenshot of disk management.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ssd-shows-in-bios-but-not-disk-management.1171323/
Relevancy 48.59%

using 32 bit home premium win7 installed on 320gb wd. Installed a 500gb wd caviar green .

the bios setup sees it as the 4th drive and the smart NCQ says not supported
transfermode says P10 0

does not show up in devices or window storage under management.

checked 7 compatiable not shown but the box says win 7..

need some help

A:wd caviar green shows up in bios only

You don't give us any system information, but here's what pops into my head off hand;
Your BIOS may not be addressing the drive properly, so it can't present it to the OS, so to speak.
Check your BIOS settings and tinker with them a bit. See if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245810-wd-caviar-green-shows-up-bios-only.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Put together an i7 win8 PC with asrock killer z97 board. Everything works fine until I took an old samsung sata drive out of a vista PC and put it into this win8 PC. The bios sees this drive but it does not show in windows 8, not in device manager nor disk management. There is no yellow alert in device manager on anything either.

There are three other drives (2 SSDs and 1 mechanical) in the win8 PC and they all show up no problem.

Out of desperation, I change the BIOS drive setting of the samsung drive:

external drive from disabled to enabled
hot plug from disabled to enabled

When I rebooted, the drive shows up in windows! I went and disabled both those settings and reboot, and the drive is still there. I cannot narrow down which of the two settings did the trick.

Can anyone explain why the drive was not recognized at first?

A:Drive shows in BIOS not in win8 until...

I ran into this issue with a Dell. In my case, disabling secure boot allowed Windows to pick up on the new hardware and then I could go back and enable secure boot again if I so desired.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56344-drive-shows-bios-not-win8-until.html
Relevancy 48.59%

yeh i just resolved an issue and happy so everything turns on great but at start up screen nothing comes up the monitor picks up the signal but just pitch black. how can i get to the bio screen if its doing this? help would be appreciated thanks

A:my cpu shows black screen no bios please help

Hello again!

There is a chance that you have fried your motherboard (from trying to turn it on without the riser pins installed).

Here's what I would try (and confirm) before RMAing the board.
1. Reset CMOS using the jumpers (look in your manual). If your board doesn't have CMOS reset jumpers, then unplug all power, and take the CMOS battery out for a half hour.
2. Can you test parts on another computer? Are you sure your monitor works? What about that video card? What is it? Does it require a connection of its own to the PSU? (many do).

Probably a good idea to list your system components in detail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cpu-shows-black-screen-no-bios-please-help.39073/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone Can't BIOS in mode the SSD but in boot recovery up - shows not My Zenbook crashed yesterday when I clicked OK to a quot LiveUpdate quot pop-up on my desktop Guess it was from Asus but I'm not sure as the pop-up didn't contain any text When I boot it gets to the pulsating Can't boot - SSD shows up in BIOS but not in the recovery mode Windows logo - after that I just get a black screen with a movable cursor None of the safe modes works - just black screens Can't boot - SSD shows up in BIOS but not in the recovery mode with quot safe mode quot written in every corner I've made a bootable USB with Win and that boots up fine to the install recovery mode - sometimes Sometimes it doesn't get that far it just goes to Can't boot - SSD shows up in BIOS but not in the recovery mode the black screen even though I'm certain it boots from the USB Weird Anyway the recovery mode can't find any system images and I can't see the SSD when I try the 'load the drivers' option HOWEVER the harddrive DOES show up in the BIOS but only IF the USB is in the machine I have an option to reinstall Windows I think but I would very much like to safe some files before the drive is formatted Help please

A:Can't boot - SSD shows up in BIOS but not in the recovery mode

Do any keyboard shortcuts work when you're left with a black screen and a lone cursor?

Ctrl+Shift+Esc would be the best to try. Does it show the Task Manager? From there you might be able to start Explorer or other programs.

Failing this, can you clarify a little bit? Booting in to Windows 7 Recovery shows that there isn't an operating system to repair, is that correct? Are you using the right Recovery CD/image for your version of Windows? Windows 7 x86, for example.

Have you tried booting in to safe mode with Command Prompt?

Quote:
I have an option to reinstall Windows (I think...), but I would very much like to safe some files before the drive is formatted...

Don't stress. It looks like you're able to recover your files, even if you have to resort to a LiveCD or something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/260615-cant-boot-ssd-shows-up-bios-but-not-recovery-mode.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just got a FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard and a installing Windows 8 on a freshly formatted SATA HDD. My BIOS see's the drive and has it second in the boot order, just after the DVD-ROM drive. It has a label with the drive serial number and everything, along with the drive being 'enabled' in BIOS. When I get up to the spot to choose what drive to install Windows to, its says 'No drives were found, please select a storage driver'. After much fiddling, I found that it shows C: when I browse for drivers. Any thoughts as to why this isn't working? I've been at it for hours.

A:Setup doesn't find my HDD, but it shows in BIOS.

As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with
For more info on uEFI:
Windows and GPT FAQ
Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UEFI Firmware
Technical Note: UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS, Advantech(EN) - YouTube
Sample: Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions by Using Windows PE and DiskPart

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38521-setup-doesnt-find-my-hdd-but-shows-bios.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer froze at HP screen while booting. Replaced the Seagate 7200.12 500gb model ST3500418AS hard drive with another Seagate 7200 500gb model ST3500641AS-RK. The computer now boots but the old model shows in the Bios and disk management. How do I get it to reflect the correct model?

A:New hard drive operating but old one shows in bios

Have you tried the F5 command to reset the bios back to default? Sometimes this can happen if the HDD controller is not set to auto detect your drive. Most, if not all new mobo bios are by default set to auto detect. While in setup or bios hit the F5 key on your keyboard it will ask you to say yes hit y and the system will restart. Then go back in to check if the correct model is listed in IDE settings. If it isnt let me know and Ill tell you how to manually select auto detect. I will need to know what model of bios you have in order to do this because not all bios have settings in the same place.

Hope this helps you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-operating-but-old-one-shows-in-bios.151958/
Relevancy 48.16%

First of all the BIOS is set to AHCI.
All drivers are up to date and yes I've tried uninstalling controller drivers, the drive itself to no avail.
It's a 3TB LaCie eSata GPT volume (so Windows would accept an over-2TB drive), formatted NTFS (4 partitions).
It replaces a LaCie 1TB one which suddenly conked out - which was connected in exactly the same manner and showed OK as an ATA drive and as an HDD in the BIOS.
Furthermore that ATA Channel is now running at "Ultra DMA Mode 0" as distinct from Ultra DMA 6 with the old drive.
I set AHCI recently with the OS already in place, so that may be a partial cause.
Any ideas to remedy this situation, or isn't it dire? I did some searching and found similar threads which I'm afraid didn't answer anything.
(See my system details & attached pic for more info).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397050-new-external-hdd-shows-scsi-dev-mngr-ide-bios.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have the exact same problem others have posted here with no solutions listed...

Issue:
Upgraded to Win7 Pro x64 from Home Premium x64 (Anytime Upgrade online), specifically to add second physical processor...

Used MSCONFIG and EasyBCD 2.2 to "force" Windows to look for more cores... nada!

Mobo BIOS will not "see" second processor, at all. Only recognizes one in either socket.

Dell docs and forums insist it is dual-socket supported in "Pro" and "Ultimate" versions of Windows.

Replaced mobo and running latest Dell BIOS (A08) to no avail...

Two tubes of thermal paste and two mobo's later and I'm outta patience.

Suggestions??

A:Dell 490 BIOS & Win 7 Pro not seeing 2nd Xeon. SiSoft shows it.

See the other post. If the bios does not see the 2nd CPU then neither will Windows. Do you have RAM installed for the 2nd CPU???

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360824-dell-490-bios-win-7-pro-not-seeing-2nd-xeon-sisoft-shows.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I can see the HDD in BIOS and according to my device manager it s working properly But I cant see the partition in Windows Explorer Basically what I want is to access the files on the HDD and copy them Explorer shows nothing detected yet in HDD and XP BIOS devicemanager, in to my other disc Heres some background information which HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer may or may not be relevant The HDD is a Seagate Barracuda ATA V drive with GB model ST A My master disk is another Seagate running off the ATA-cable while this HDD along with the DVD-player runs off of the IDE-cable Ive tried using a separate IDE cable for the HDD there are two IDE-connectors on motherboard with no success There is no HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer jumpers set on this HDD which according to the documentation should set it as master However it is still my ATA-cabled disc that boots the system The only way to specifically set the HDD as slave is by a jumper setting to activate cable select The IDE-connector was damaged with one pin slightly pushed in on my previous system I remedied this by simply using a pair of pliers and pulling out again When I switched this HDD into my current system it seems the PIN was pushed all the way in and even fell off Im not HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer sure how this came about as it was my borther who helped me build the system and it may even have been me breaking the pin while trying to access the HDD in the new system Ive had a new pin inserted and soldered on the right connector on the HDD controller card Ive verified that there is an electrical connection between the two All my music is on that HDD I should have known better but here I am nbsp

A:HDD detected in BIOS and XP devicemanager, yet shows nothing in Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-detected-in-bios-and-xp-devicemanager-yet-shows-nothing-in-explorer.481933/
Relevancy 48.16%

I tried to download and install a new version of BIOS (F.26, June 2014) after having some issues with the laptop getting hot and some programs freezing. The download details indicated that it was highly recommended. I tried this today and the system showed that it was already installed. I looked at C drive and it shows it under SWSetup\sp66805\0183AF26 bin. I have no idea what this means. It shows a date of 6/17/16 as installed. I have been looking into this for a while but I know that I did not install it. I do not understand why the system information still shows: BIOS version Insyde F.25, 5/29/2013 if it is supposed to have been updated. Please help! Thank you, AG  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Bios-updated-but-sysem-still-shows-old-version/td-p/5668567
Relevancy 48.16%

As the title says, Earlier today windows wouldnt even load up as i kept getting a blue screen. after i get this fixed, my 40 GIG I:/ Drive will not show up in My Computer. Any help?

*Clicked on wrong forum, would a mod please move it.

A:Hard drive shows up in BIOS but not in My Computer

Is the drive a secondary one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-shows-up-in-bios-but-not-in-my-computer.52949/
Relevancy 48.16%

If you guys/gals have any free time at all today I've got something nasty brewing on my home desktop PC. First off, I'm connected to the internet through a hardline/cable modem which is plugged directly into my wireless router which is then plugged into my desktop through one of my router's ports (fairly standard setup). The desktop displays a message that it is connected however firefox just starts and then is killed by some rogue process. Internet explorer cannot connect to the internet and I cannot start my antivirus software. I fear it may be the dreaded zero access trojan but I'm not sure.
Some further detail. I ping google.com and I get nothing. Under ipconfig /all I can see that the netbios tcp is disabled even though I can see that the service is enabled. I also see a message for "media disconnected" using ipconfig /all.

Relevancy 47.3%

OK so one day a month or so back probably after shutting down and installing updates my PC is rebooted and it takes over secs just to get to the BIOS image where the option to in 2nd HDD Bios not but Super shows Win7 bootup and slow enter the BIOS with F is shown After finally getting into windows I discovered that my date and time had gone back to and I was getting some error messages which led me to realise that my nd drive that I use for personal files and have my libraries pointing to was no longer showing as a visible drive I have recently replaced the BIOS battery and can confirm it was completely dead Super slow bootup and 2nd HDD shows in Bios but not Win7 so that explains losing the time However the slow boot up still exists after a month and my HDD whilst showing in the BIOS won t in wind I ve swapped the SATA cables over the HDD s but it is the same HDD with the problem so it s not a SATA cable issue I would like to fix the slow boot up issue but my priority is the HDD problem I went onto a Microsoft help page and downloaded Microsoft Fixit hoping this would resolve the problem but no luck it didn t even realise there was a problem Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Everyone Over the last couple days I built a new PC and installed windows Initially I had some issues installing windows so I unplugged all my drives except the SSD and DVD I installed windows to my SSD Everything works great Now I started adding my drives back in at a time When I plugged my nd SSD in it showed up in BIOS but not in Disk Management or Device Manager Disk in but shows 2nd Management BIOS hard not drive So I booted back into the install CD it showed up in the disk manager there Since this was also a blank SSD I partitioned and formated the drive from the install CD then exited the installer and booted back to my windows drive I have SSD drives working great Now to add my TB HDD Same issue it shows up in BIOS and the install disc but not in Disk Management or Device Manager This drive does not have a boot partition on it however it does have two existing data partitions They were made from 2nd hard drive shows in BIOS but not Disk Management my previous windows system and the option to delete these partitions is grayed out in the install disc menu I also have some data that I would like to keep on it I have a USB dock that I can use 2nd hard drive shows in BIOS but not Disk Management to read the contents of the disk just fine Everything is there and in working order Can anyone help me out here 2nd hard drive shows in BIOS but not Disk Management What is different about Windows that is preventing my hard drives from showing up in windows proper I am reading things about UEFI online but nothing seems to fit my exact scenario I will try and post some screen shots when I get back at it System Mobo- Asrock Fatal ty Killer z CPU- i GPU- Gigabyte OC SSDs - Kingston V GB Windows bit Thanks Everyone

A:2nd hard drive shows in BIOS but not Disk Management

Check if your sata drivers are the latest here : ASRock > Fatal1ty Z87 Killer

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36659-2nd-hard-drive-shows-bios-but-not-disk-management.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I flashed the BIOS to A04 some months ago and never paid much attetion to it. The flash said it was successful. But when I looked at System Properties, it gives the BIOS date as 10/21/2010; the BIOS was released 10/31/2011. Is this correct? It seems that date is older than BIOS A02.

A:Studio XPS 9100 BIOS A04 shows date of 10/21/2010

I only run a bios update to fix a specific issue. If you just went to A04 because it was newer, I wouldn't worry about the date thing. Now, if your correcting a specific issue, try reflashing A04. But understand, if the bios update fails, your motherboard is bricked.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19438711
Relevancy 46.87%

i boot up the computer and the bios post screen shows normal except for 4 keyboards 2 mice 2 hubs.

when i only have 1 keyboard and 1 mice connected.

what is this all about? idk what hubs is. maybe the dvd rom drive?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40238-bios-post-screen-shows-incoherent-component-info.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I had updated my driver with BIOS version 2.10 from windows. BIOS installed successfully but after restart, screen went black. Screen is totally off, no activity with hardisk, no beep sounds, shows power is turned on and fan is spinning. I let it on for about 3-4 minutes and showed no progress. So, I turned off holding power button. Later every time I turn on the laptop nothing shows up with power is on and fan spinning. Someone please help me to recover my BIOS.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-4752G-bios-update-failed-and-shows-black-screen/td-p/465446
Relevancy 46.87%

My Inspiron 17R just had a Windows 10 update.  Immediately afterward (by coincidence or ??), the battery would not function.  If I do not have the adapter connected, it is dead.  According to the BIOS, it is not a Dell battery.  Well, yes it is, original to the machine.  Meanwhile, the battery meter shows at 100% and plugged in.
Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994567
Relevancy 46.87%

i have a samsung np300e4c-a09jm that boots straight into the bios (Phoenix SecureCore Tiano). which would normally be no problem because i am pretty savvy with laptop repair. but in this case when i go to the boot menu its completely empty. could anyone tell me how to fix this. i would think that i'd just be able to go to samsung support and download a new (or newer) version of the bios. ironically samsung doesn't even acknowledge that they make this particular model of laptop and furthermore i can find a download for this bios anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

A:samsung np300e4c shows no boot priority menu in bios

Here's the support page for that model:http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/sup...Apparently the 'update software' option under Firmware is a bios update.You can download the manual there if necessary. It may have information about bios setup.message edited by DAVEINCAPS

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/samsung-np300e4c-shows-no-boot-priority-menu-in-bios/2122.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Whay bios show 640KB on System memory?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo 3000 N200 System memory shows 640KB in Bios...

Does the operating system show the correct value?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-3000-N200-System-memory-shows-640KB-in-Bios/td-p/2086502
Relevancy 46.44%

I had a video issue today and while looking at the Intel MB site, noticed my BIOS was out of date. I downloaded the Express (exe) file and tried to update my BIOS from 0123 to 0133, one year date apart. Problem is, Intel BIOS update program shows successful... but when I view sys info it still reports old version. Yes, rebooted to BIOS and same-o, same-o. It lies to me.

Question: Do I have to break my RAID mirror to do a BIOS update? That's the only thing I can think of that might be the issue.

A:Intel BIOS update shows successful, but sys info reports no change

Is there an actual reason you want to update the BIOS. If your BIOS is working without any problems just leave it alone. You can completely brick your motherboard by messing around with the BIOS. Just because a later version maybe available doesn't mean you should update it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362562-intel-bios-update-shows-successful-but-sys-info-reports-no-change.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So after I changed to SATA AHCI mode in the BIOS the main boot internal hard drive shows as a removable device in system tray So how do I fix this issue and I did follow the instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article http support microsoft com kb to enable the sata driver first before I changed the BIOS setting However in the Vista on the same hard drive in the same removable shows SATA BIOS drive AHCI to in after mode the change computer after change to SATA AHCI mode in BIOS the drive shows removable with the same SATA AHCI fix done to enable the needed drivers the internal hard drive does not show in the system tray as removable So possibly if I install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager from their site for this ASUS P QL Pro motherboard with a Intel P express chip set known as ICH then after a re-boot it may no longer show as removable This computer is a store built desktop that has only one GB SATA hard drive installed I had it set in the IDE compatible mode so that I could mult-boot with XP Vista and Ubuntu Linux

A:after change to SATA AHCI mode in BIOS the drive shows removable

That's not an issue at all, and it's perfectly normal. AHCI offers, on some boards, hot swap capabilities. It's nothing to worry about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/207559-after-change-sata-ahci-mode-bios-drive-shows-removable.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hello
couple of weeks ago my NAS drive stop working, i try to SSH it but did not work, so i use the Diagnostics tool from WD to check whether its ok or not but the HDD pass all the test. then finally i decided to take the HDD out of the enclosure and attached
it to Desktop running win 7 Pro. the BIOS detect the drive as 0.0GB, when i check it in Disk management it showed as unknown and not initialized. i tried to initialized it but keep getting I/O error. then i used DISKPART tried to use clean all command and
getting same I/O error. 
is there a way to recover data and make use of HDD or is it fried HDD now.

please help thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bfcdd499-b7b7-4295-b1e6-a28a5dc2317a/internal-drive-shows-as-00gb-in-bios-and-also-unable-to-initialize-in-disk-management-because?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.01%

Regarding my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe MOBO...

Recently updated BIOS version from 1010 to 1019...

Now when I boot the machine, I get the regular POST plus a second screen of some VIA RAID utility searching for IDE devices...

Is there anyway to disable this 'scan'??

It's annoying only because I really have no use for it, I do not use RAID.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p4p800-deluxe-shows-2nd-boot-screen-of-some-via-raid-utility-after-bios-update.18320/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone I seem to have a problem with an older computer of mine I built this computer back in Athlon Abit 2-tone No continuous from up? powering coming mobo. beeping shows video/BIOS upon NF motherboard GeForce LE MB AGP GB RAM HDs GB GB GB Antec SmartPower W PSU old Antec SmartPower W PSU new Originally the computer would emit a high-frequency sound when it was both turned and off When the computer was powered on this sound would lessen but still be apparent After about weeks my brother turned on the computer and suddenly he 2-tone continuous beeping coming from mobo. No video/BIOS shows upon powering up? could hear some sort of buzzing for a few seconds and then the whole computer turned off He also smelled some smoke So I believed the PSU might have died due to the high buzzing sound that was apparent weeks before something fizzled out because nothing would turn on anymore I replaced this with another older PSU I found from one of my computers an Antec SP W I plugged everything in and powered the computer on However after - seconds I hear a two-tone continuous beep that has one high and one low in tone It sounds exactly like an old school siren It is coming from the motherboard There is no OS beep or BIOS screen Just nothing comes up while the computer is powered on all fans okay and the two-tone starts I quickly tried searching online and digging through my mobo s manual Online suggested something of overheating while the motherboard said nothing about error beeps I have tried taking out the motherboard battery for a few mins and putting back in I ve also tried resetting the CMOS jumper settings I ve also tried switching the RAM thinking it was bad RAM But that s that s really all I have tried Not sure really what s going on I think maybe I fried something CPU possibly as the older PSU died and maybe took something with it There is also another thing I noticed My motherboard uses both the -pin ATX amp -pin ATX V connectors When I remove the ATX V -pin the CPU would not beep anymore upon powering on However the same result still shows no OS no bootup beep no BIOS nothing on video screen I don t know why this would be Any suggestions on what to do Thanks nbsp

A:2-tone continuous beeping coming from mobo. No video/BIOS shows upon powering up?

1 long and 1 short beep is usually a ram problem. Since you posted you have installed other ram, I would tend to think you have fried the board. The only way to really test is to swap in known good parts ie mb, ram, etc.

FWIW antec has a good rep however I am very down on their pw supplies. After having two fail in a short amount of time, I no longer buy or recommend antecs. I use either corsair, FSP, or seasonic power supplies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-tone-continuous-beeping-coming-from-mobo-no-video-bios-shows-upon-powering-up.829550/
Relevancy 45.15%

So after I did change to SATA AHCI mode in the BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as a removable device in system tray. So how do I fix this issue, and I did follow the instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922976, and is found right here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

A:after change to SATA AHCI mode in BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as removable

There is nothing to fix, SATA drives are hot pluggable so that is all perfectly normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-change-to-sata-ahci-mode-in-bios-the-main-boot-hard-drive-shows-as-removable.1035439/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I just did a clean install on my laptop after installing a new SSD. I installed the drivers that I had to install manually, and then I did a Windows update for anything else. After getting everything setup I ran my first Windows Experience Index.

Surprising, the graphics score was only 5.0, but I am almost sure it was higher with the factory installation. I am runnng Aero but with most of the visual effects turned off. I viewed the assessment details and it showed this:

If you notice, the DirectX version is 10. But when I run dxdiag the version number in the report is 11. Here is my configuration, and please let me know if more information is needed. Thank you very much.

HP Pavilion dv7-4285dx
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit made from ISO image: X17-58997.iso
Graphics Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370

A:DXDiag shows DirectX 11 but Windows Experience Index shows DirectX 10

I believe that WinSAT only test for DirectX 10 and 9, not 11. That's why it only shows DirectX 10. If your card fails to do the DirectX 10 test, then WinSAT will only display DirectX 9. Don't worry about it. If DxDiag shows DirectX 11, then your card can support it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/269703-dxdiag-shows-directx-11-but-windows-experience-index-shows-directx-10-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My MOBO is ASUS P P Deluxe I just recently flashed my BIOS to shows fix?? "!" BIOS under 'System Devices'...how Extension' 'Plug-N-Play to the latest BETA version from the German ASUS FTP site in order to correct my compatibility issues detecting my GB Maxtor SATA drive All was perfect until I tried to connect my mobile phone via USB and something went wrong and it wouldn t detect properly The phone does however show up under USB devices as MOTOROLA USB MODEM like it 'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix?? did in the past So I don t know what s the problem and don t know how related this issue is but then I saw that under System Devices there is Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension listed twice First one is fine second one shows an exclamation mark and under properties it says that there is some corruption in the registry or something I don t like exclamation marks anywhere under Device Manager I hope someone can tell 'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix?? me how to fix this Do I look for a driver And if so which one and where Is this device suppose to be listed twice Maybe I should just try removing it nbsp

A:'Plug-N-Play BIOS Extension' shows "!" under 'System Devices'...how to fix??

Click on update driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-n-play-bios-extension-shows-under-system-devices-how-to-fix.19936/
Relevancy 42.57%

My windows xp 64 bit runs super slow after windows loading sign and it takes me 2 hrs to open up the desktop and transfer 6 images. I use 2 RAM's of 2gb (kingston DDR2). When I opened up BIOS, it showed 640k as base memory and 126m as extended memory.
There are no details under the computer title if I try to check the properties of computer or maybe it is just taking too much time to display. the desktop is fine, my computer still works but takes hours to do a simple task. it all started all of a sudden. Also I would like to know if 'unganged mode' is fine as it is displayed when the system boots. I tried to check another different RAM on the computer, but still no change, so I am confused regarding the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-shows-640k-base-memory-and-126m-extended-memory.183199/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a backup drive that we had used for for a while (WD 6000aak), previously in an external drive enclosure. I connected it today via USB to find that the computer has the driver installed, the drive appears in the Devices list, but it does not show in My Computer. In "Disk Management" the drive appears but is not assigned a drive letter. Also, all the options for the volumes are greyed out and cannot be selected - thus I cannot assign a drive letter.

I have tried this on multiple computers. I have also removed it from the enclosure and connected the drive via SATA... the result is identical. I checked the bios and the drive appears there.

The drive does spin when powering up. It is hot (even though it cannot really be accessed).

Any suggestions? Is this drive done?

A:Hard drive installed, shows in Drive Mngmnt, in Bios, but not in Comp.

Go to Disk Management, in the bottom part of the screen, right click the drive, select 'change drive letter or path', next window select add, next window select a drive letter from the drop down box. For an external drive it's best to use a letter lower in the alphabet. If disk management wants to initialize and format it, don't do it if there is data on it you don't want to lose. If no data or if you don't care, go ahead. It will show in computer when a drive letter is assigned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336639-hard-drive-installed-shows-drive-mngmnt-bios-but-not-comp.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i have read your reply here for same question so i want to know if u can help me too http en community dell com support-forums laptop f t aspx Srvice Tag No lt Admin Note removed per privacy policy RK gt DELL INSPIRON N I am owner of my Dell INSPIRON N but i m not from USA my computer hanged so my friend just restored its BIOS setting i am not sure if these are called BIOS but it happened as he restarted Laptop pressed F and there he restored settings nbsp then when it restarted there appeared a black screen in middle of which there is a blue box saying quot Insert system password quot nbsp Now i tried looking over internet all over the place nbsp I found out a few reasonable solutions nbsp - remove a battery with motherboard but for that you need an expert for which my laptop might have to opened which i prefer not to get opened nbsp - second provide your service tag S N on dellpasswords com but that asks for which i think is just too much nbsp Now I want if the second one can be done for reset password" Setting! system "insert BIOS a Dell shows my i need N5010 help? My when free or anyother viable solution nbsp thank you

A:My Dell N5010 shows a "insert system password" when i reset my BIOS Setting! need help?

Hi,
Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's Name and the exact message you get with the code via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will try and check if a master password can be generated for this to help you reset the password.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19579187
Relevancy 40.85%

MicroSD shows up with diminished capacity (128gb shows up as 200MB card). It shows up with no data. It shows up a "Secure Digital Storage Device"

Links:
ASUS VivoTab Note 8 (M80TA) | Tablets | ASUS USA
Amazon.com: Gigastone MicroSDXC 128GB C10 U1 up to 48MB/s with SD adapter (GS-2IN1C10128G-R): Computers Accessories

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65135-microsd-shows-up-diminished-capacity-128gb-shows-up-200mb-card.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello ,Question when looking up warranty entitlement in HP on our computer HP ProBook 650 G1 it shows begin date of 2011 a start date at 2015 but the customer purchase in 2016.. Below is the expample :Confused.. Can any one explain why the date differance.Entitlement (includes Factory Warranty and Contracts) Coverage Begin Date(MM/DD/YYYY)Expiration Date(MM/DD/YYYY)In Warranty Part 04/04/2011 02/01/2019 Labor 04/04/2011 02/01/2019 Onsite 04/04/2011 02/01/2019 Pickup 12/29/2015 02/01/2017 Software n/a n/a

A:Begins shows 2011 but MFG Shows 2015 in HP Warranty lookup

@DW2016

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Begins-shows-2011-but-MFG-Shows-2015-in-HP-Warranty-lookup/td-p/5648818
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a B130 that's battery shows 100% Charged but the system shows Permanent Failure ????

What can a failure could this be ????

The battery light flashes once green, followed by (3) red flashes ?

What's the deal ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-shows-100-charged-system-shows-failure.631543/
Relevancy 40.42%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS 30% Win Virtual task on mgr Win7 XP XP shows shows 7: 90%, Solved: Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled When I run Virtual Win XP and the program that runs in it is manipulating a database apparently processor intensive the virtual XP task manager shows the processor is running At the same time the physical machine s task manager shows the physical processor is running - The virtual machine has MB of ram allocated to it and there isn t much hard drive activity Anyway I m curious if anyone else has run into this bottle neck and if there s anything to do about it It seems like my physical machine has more resources to put on the virtual machine than it s capable of using or something like that Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Virtual XP on Win 7: XP task mgr shows 90%, Win7 shows 30%

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-virtual-xp-on-win-7-xp-task-mgr-shows-90-win7-shows-30.1050310/
Relevancy 40.42%

chinese symbols translates to You Flick something 

have been seeing this pop up across multiple clients locations, which have nothing in common industry wise.

Webroot support so far says its not an issue "according to logs", but I beg to differ that this may be something that has yet to be detected.

So far I have deleted it from the users folder and the registry and seems to come back on reboot
webroot detects nothing and neither does malware bytes which is more concerning.

A:user profile in cmd shows as ?????? but in gui shows chinese symbols

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/560161 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560161/user-profile-in-cmd-shows-as-but-in-gui-shows-chinese-symbols/
Relevancy 40.42%

I just reinstalled Windows bit after a crash I reconnected my second HDD to the machine where prior to the crash I stored all my photos and music The problem is that there appears to be no folders or files visible in the drive despite it showing over GB of used space See the attached screenshot for a better view of what I am talking about Drive F is the first partition on the drive Drive G is the second partition on the drive --Both should have a ton of data on them but I can't see any shows visible data, folders up, HDD or shows no files folders Am I missing something stupid I'm not panicked yet but drive F is really HDD shows up, shows data, no folders or files visible important to me Thanks EDIT I just booted into HDD shows up, shows data, no folders or files visible the same PC via a Knoppix Live DVD and this OS sees all my files just as pretty as you please so clearly the data is all there thank the FSM but Windows is misconigured This is a gonna be a facepalm when I figure out what I did wrong isnt it

A:HDD shows up, shows data, no folders or files visible

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/153309-hdd-shows-up-shows-data-no-folders-files-visible.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, Recently i've noticed my system is only using 2gb of ram and is running really slowly. I run a Rampage III Motherboard with 6gb of ripjaw ram. However only 2gb of ram is being used for some reason.
I read a bit about going into the bios and looking for a "memory remapping" setting but there was not one.
I also unchecked the box for max memory in msconfig > boot > advanced options.

Any suggestions would be great!

Relevancy 39.99%

My laptop has no problem before. Recently I try to install Windows XP. First attempt fail, so I change SATA at BIOS from AHCI to Compatible, success. However the partition that I want to install*Windows XP to is not available.*

So just to test I choose my Windows 7 partition. Since it want to format the partition, I cancel the installation. After restarting windows, it stuck at bios. I restart again and change SAT to AHCI. Restart, still stuck at bios. This time I cannot enter BIOS, recovery or change boot media. Assuming the boot sector has corrupt, will reseating the cmos battery will fix this *problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.*

A:Windows 7 Stuck At BIOS Cannot Enter BIOS or Change Boot Media

Somehow with guidance from Lenovo Community, I solved the problem.

For future reference:
1. Take out HDD, battery, plug off ac power.
2. Restart, change SATA Controller in BIOS to compatible, restart.
3. Check whether the SATA Controller is Compatible or AHCI. If Compatible, force shutdown laptop.
4. Put back HDD, boot with Windows 7 Recovery CD or Installation Disc.
5. Choose Autostartup Repair.
6. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296679-windows-7-stuck-bios-cannot-enter-bios-change-boot-media.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Good evening!
A week ago I reinstalled Windows 7 in EFI mode on my laptop, and now I've got this problem: whenever I turn on my computer after a shutdown, the BIOS says "System Resuming" instead of "Press F2 to enter settings". This makes impossible for me to access BIOS settings. Previously, my BIOS used to say "System Resuming" only after a hibernation. The weird fact is that - as far as I remember - this thing started happening only after a few days.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance :-)

A:I can't access BIOS settings because BIOS assumes Windows is resuming

Try doing a shutdown command from a CMD window, or Start button / Run
The command is shutdown /s

See if entering the command manually makes a difference in how it starts up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343868-i-cant-access-bios-settings-because-bios-assumes-windows-resuming.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I different XP memory up memory Bios and shows got a new laptop which im using now came with gig ram i got another gig ram and swapped out the old gig so i now have gig ram When i right click my computer and look at the ram it says Bios memory and XP memory shows up different gigs still but when i go into bios it reads as gigs is this a problem i should worry about can this be fixed am i running gigs or gigs is this a problem at all or normal I swapped the new ram out and left the original gig in and it read as gig i took the old one out and put in the new gig and it read as gigs i put the old gig and new gig and it read as i put old gig and old gig in and it read as but when i put both gigs in it reads as in xp while all other configurations show up properly in both bios and xp If you need more information on comp just ask nbsp

A:Bios memory and XP memory shows up different

Hi MysterioMask,
the short version is that it is something called MMOI, memory mapped I/O reservations, its an architectural design and decision made long ago when the idea of having a full gig of ram was thought to be preposterous and would not ever happen or be needed. in a 32 bit os
it lets you use somewhere between 2.75 and 3.25 Gb of 'working memory' and reserves the rest for things like pci buses, installed hardware, etc. the other Gig is there, you just don't get to use it as working memory. your bios shows you physical Ram installed. and XP is showing you the "working Ram" you have availible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-memory-and-xp-memory-shows-up-different.131635/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have Zero... File Shows 40.7 Gigabytes Used, Shows Properties Then a strange problem with this computer running windows vista home premium x If I go to C Windows and do a right-click on the quot SchCache quot folder and select properties the size of the folder shows GB used If I try to open that folder there is nothing in there I have quot show hidden files and folders quot checked and quot hide protected operating system files quot unchecked so it's not a matter of simple hidden files Now it gets interesting if I go back and try right-clicking again on the SchCache folder and select properties it no longer shows GB used It says zero bytes If I reboot the computer and repeat the whole procedure from the beginning the folder properties will return to showing a large number of gigabytes used the first time I select right-click-properties and then shows zero afterwards Malware and Spyware scans always show nothing I've run rkill avast malwarebytes tdsskiller ETC and nothing is ever found Any ideas what is happening

A:File Properties Shows 40.7 Gigabytes Used, Then Shows Zero...

According to this page it's related to ADSL

SchCache directory - Profile Management - General - Discussions

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302636-file-properties-shows-40-7-gigabytes-used-then-shows-zero.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Please forgive me if this is not the right place to put this I ran the program Dvdshrinksetup thru VirusTotal and itshows up ok This was downloaded Dec the executableDvdshrink was also ran thru VirusTotal and showed a couple of flags been using this program since Dec with no problemshave run many scans with many programs since and none haveever picked up on that flagged virus my question is could thatbe a false positive showing Zipped Not Clean/unzipped Shows Shows up How do I find out for sure the second scan that says newfolder zip is the executable Dvdshrink And who is quot UNA quot the scanner that flagged this program quot are they reputable Thanks for your helpVirus Total Scan results File dvdshrink setup zip Date CET ----AntiVir found nothingAuthentium found nothingAvast found nothingAVG found nothingBitDefender found nothingCAT-QuickHeal found nothingClamAV devel- found nothingDrWeb found nothingeTrust-InoculateIT found nothingeTrust-Vet found nothingEwido found nothingFortinet found nothingF-Prot f found nothingF-Prot found Zipped Shows Clean/unzipped Shows Not nothingIkarus found nothingKaspersky found nothingMcAfee found nothingMicrosoft found nothingNOD v found nothingNorman found nothingPanda found nothingSophos found nothingSymantec found nothingTheHacker found nothingUNA found nothingVBA found nothingVirusBuster found nothing VirusTotal is a free service offered by Hispasec Sistemas There are no guarantees about Zipped Shows Clean/unzipped Shows Not the availability and continuity of this service Do not reply to this message It has been generated by an automatic address that will not handle any reply Although the Zipped Shows Clean/unzipped Shows Not detection rate afforded by the use of multiple antivirus engines is far superior to that offered by just one product these results DO NOT guarantee the harmlessness of a file Currently there is not any solution that offers a effectiveness rate for detecting viruses and malware Servidor Antivirus HispaSec Sistemas Hispasec Sistemas - http www hispasec comVirus Total Scan results File New Folder zip Date CET ----AntiVir found nothingAuthentium found nothingAvast found nothingAVG found nothingBitDefender found nothingCAT-QuickHeal found nothingClamAV devel- found nothingDrWeb found nothingeTrust-InoculateIT found nothingeTrust-Vet found nothingEwido found nothingFortinet found suspicious F-Prot f found nothingF-Prot found nothingIkarus found nothingKaspersky found nothingMcAfee found nothingMicrosoft found nothingNOD v found nothingNorman found nothingPanda found nothingSophos found nothingSymantec found nothingTheHacker found nothingUNA found Win CRYPT virus VBA found nothingVirusBuster found nothing VirusTotal is a free service offered by Hispasec Sistemas There are no guarantees about the availability and continuity of this service Do not reply to this message It has been generated by an automatic address that will not handle any reply Although the detection rate afforded by the use of multiple antivirus engines is far superior to that offered by just one product these results DO NOT guarantee the harmlessness of a file Currently there is not any solution that offers a effectiveness rate for detecting viruses and malware Servidor Antivirus HispaSec Sistemas Hispasec Sistemas - http www hispasec com

A:Zipped Shows Clean/unzipped Shows Not

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan?A false positive is always a possibility. Are you having any problems? What made you submit Dvdshrinksetup to VirusTotal in the first placeUNA = Ukrainian Anti-virus Center and they are reputable.http://www.unasoft.com.ua/eng/online.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59650/zipped-shows-cleanunzipped-shows-not/
Relevancy 38.7%

when i open Partition Magic 8 i see my Maxtor 6Y120P0 drive in a yellow color and the file system marked as "other":

but my Windows 2000 Disk Management shows healty:
under windows i can read and write to the partition, so what is wrong? what does Partition Magic wants?

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

A:partition magic shows partition type as "other", windows shows "healthy"

Quote from Symantec:
There are currently no versions of PartitionMagic that support Windows® 2000 dynamic drives.Click to expand...
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-magic-shows-partition-type-as-other-windows-shows-healthy.399582/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys first post here I have Bios or a through without the Bios Flashing Windows, previous a computer here that has a quot Flashing a Bios without Windows, or through the previous Bios BIOS Rom Checksum Error quot upon boot up The computer doesn t post and I can t get in the bios It does nothing but give me a black screen with that error and then the following line occasionally says Detecting IDE Atapi Device I have read around and think I need a new bios since the old one got cleared or corrupted in a CMOS Clr My question is how do I flash a new bios without windows or through the old bios I have tried using drdflash to make a boot disk with AWDFlash and my new bios version on it I have an external floppy plugged in through USB that didn t seem to do anything I also tried an old floppy I had lying around that I plugged into the IDE that didn t seem to do anything Did I do the boot disk wrong Is that not my problem Am I going about it completely wrong It s an Asus Striker motherboard Q Chip running Windows if any of that helps Thanks guys I look forward to your replies nbsp

A:Flashing a Bios without Windows, or through the previous Bios

read:http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75555.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-a-bios-without-windows-or-through-the-previous-bios.107274/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello guys I have some weird problem in my Windows PRO x bit Setup dual boot Shows 7 from Recovery Windows Error Windows in Hibernate Resume on another partition with Windows CP x Windows installed st then Windows Both OS boot and load just fine No problem at all but when Im on windows and when I choose hibernate from start menu it hibernates the system but when I power it ON again and choose Windows from the boot menu Windows Error Recovery apprears says that It wasn't properly shutdown something like that with the timer and choices to boot into safe mode safe mode with command and Normal my laptop set to hibernate after few hours of sleep but when I turned it on Resume from Hibernate Shows Windows Error Recovery in Windows 7 and choose Windows from boot menu again Windows Error Recovery comes up that it wasnt properly shutdown When I choose Normal from windows error recovery windows loads just fine my question is why is that saying Its not properly shutdown when I use hibernate this was started when I dual boot with Windows CP anyhelp would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Resume from Hibernate Shows Windows Error Recovery in Windows 7

anyone can help me on this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/221451-resume-hibernate-shows-windows-error-recovery-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey so I have an Nvidia Geforce 210, and the box says its 512 MB, but both the info displays on Windows XP and 7 say It has 1 GB. I'll add a screenshot. Any clues? Thanks guys!

A:NVIDIA Geforce 210 shows 1GB when box shows 512

Hello!

Retailers do make mistakes. It is possible you have a different card than you think. Download Speccy and find your video card. Is it the same as displayed on the box?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54810-nvidia-geforce-210-shows-1gb-when-box-shows-512-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When I chose to Empty Recycle Bin, 2 popups appear on my screen. One(normal popup) asks if I want to delete the 2 items in it (but again when I open bin, it is empty!?)

When I click "Yes" to that question, the 2nd popup comes up say, "Can not delete Dd5: Access is denied".

What the heck do I have to do to empty my recycle bin of those unknown entities? And have the icon show it as empty again.

A:Recycle Bin shows something in it, but when opened, nothing shows there, but....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recycle-bin-shows-something-in-it-but-when-opened-nothing-shows-there-but.485652/
Relevancy 37.84%

when windows 10 came out, I accepted the free upgrade & it was confirmed. all this time I thought I had windows 10. I just did a Belarc scan of my computer & it shows that I have windows 8 not 10?? How would this happen?

A:I did the free upgrade to windows 10 but my scan shows I have windows 8

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Not sure how that would happen. If you click settings-system-about; you should see this.
If you need more help, please join the forum! Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443881-i-did-free-upgrade-windows-10-but-my-scan-shows-i-have-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I may have done something to cause this but here is what is happening.

I download a file to any folder and when I move or delete it the file is still showing in the original folder?

After awhile I go back and it is gone? This never happened before I installed a SSD drive as my main hard drive.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thank You

A:Windows 7 Windows Explorer still shows file on ssd after delete?

This is not clear. What does this mean ??

Quote:
After awhile I go back and it is gone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289623-windows-7-windows-explorer-still-shows-file-ssd-after-delete.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello everybody,
I have a Compaq Presario V6000, with AMD Turion 64 X 2, 512 MB RAM, NVidia dispaly adapter with 128 MB of not shared memory, and Windows XP and Everest shows 480 MB of RAM. Why does that happen? And yes I'm sure that the graphics is not shared.

A:Windows XP shows 480 MB RAM

32mb sounds like a video ram amount to me. 32, 64, 128, 256

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-shows-480-mb-ram.81087/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I don't understand what is going on here. I have install clean Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate it was not upgrade. And i have 4 gb (2 x 2gb) Kingston memory on 800 mhz and GTS 250 graphic card. My windows only detect 2 Gb when i go to task bar or system properties. My bios during start up shows me 4 gb and cpuz also shows me 4 gb but Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate only shows me 2 gb. I am aware that some 32 systems can't detect too much ram but this is 64-bit system. And windows also shows me that is 64-bit when i go to system properties but only shows me 2 gb of ram and i have 4 gb. Any help would be great.

A:Windows 7 64-bit only shows 2 Gb Ram

And I thought only seeing 3.5gb out the 4gb total was bad on the 64bit 7 RC here!

Welcome to the Sevenforums! hardcoremore

You may have seen a bad install or something is seeing half of the memory installed being mapped out to hardwares real fast. The one thing I would suggest here however is running memtest to see if you have a slightly faulty dimm. While a bad dimm usually will cause errors to be seen it seems one out of the pair is unavailable in Windows for some reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27350-windows-7-64-bit-only-shows-2-gb-ram.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Currently have 32GB RAM installed on my X99 system with an Intel 5820K but according to Resource monitor on Windows 10 there is 32680MB Physical memory installed, total value of 32680MB and 87.5MB Hardware reserved,. Checking the system properties windows i have only 31.9GB RAM to play with.

Strange thing is I recently upgraded Windows 7 to to Windows 10 yesterday on another drive and there Resource monitor shows 32768MB Physical memory installed, total value of 32680MB and 87,5MB Hardware reserved. Going to the system properties it shows full 32GB. How come the two Windows 10 installations shows different numbers on "physical memory installed" and at the same time only 31.9GB on the first one and 32GB on the second one?

As far as i know i don't have any hardware currently reserving RAM since i run a dedicated card and the 5820K doesn't have an integrated graphic card.

A:Windows shows i have 31,9GB RAM

There will always be some memory in hardware reserved, it is not just for integrated video. The value for total RAM is subject to rounding and the rules that govern this are undocumented.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58012-windows-shows-i-have-31-9gb-ram.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Ran the Intel Optimizer and it's supposed to fill the disk and then release the free space. Well it didn't free up the space.

Any ideas?

Well I re-formatted this puppy and copied my files over and everything is aok.
NOTE that I have not run the Intel SSD Toolbox utility program ... don't trust it right now.
I will see if this puppy runs ok for the next day or so then I run the Intel program and see
if it's the cause of my initial problem.

A:My new SSD shows as RED in Windows Explorer

Quote: Originally Posted by McSeven

Ran the Intel Optimizer and it's supposed to fill the disk and then release the free space. Well it didn't free up the space.

Any ideas?

Hi man. First of all, how about update and complete system specs at your profile. In some cases, such info will be "V.I.Info" - "very important info". Take some time to do it. You may use this one in case of doubts "getting closer": Speccy - Download
Go to: Windows start search bar and type "cleanmgr" - without quotes. When it prompts, select ssd, press OK. Let it verify - it may take some time. Check the boxes but do it slowly, be aware, right?! When you feel "satisfied", press OK and see what happens. You'd download and install this one too CCleaner - Slim
But let box checked at default install.

Let us know the results.

"PLEASE REP ANYONE WHO HELPS YOU"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81811-my-new-ssd-shows-red-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is the MGADiag tool report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -R TQ-RV M -WWTCY Windows Product Key Hash imKjAvpNIp sNTp Q egK though if it genuine want shows to my is. is windows know I that it kR E Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID F FE F - A A- - -FC B FF FFE Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Basic Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID I want to know if my windows is genuine though it shows that it is. s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt I want to know if my windows is genuine though it shows that it is. Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Microsoft Office Professional Edition - Blocked VLK Microsoft Office Enterprise - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users user AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt F FE F - A A- - -FC B FF FFE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -WWTCY lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron N lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt EA C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt India Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt WN lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - D - CFE- C quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Professional Edition lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt D E lt Val gt lt Hash gt vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg Fo lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt ACD E lt Val gt lt Hash gt fFic JgCreGGRxyF uMWB R Jcg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Vers... Read more

A:I want to know if my windows is genuine though it shows that it is.

Code:
File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070002]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070002]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80004005]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070002]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\slc.dll[Hr = 0x800b0100]
Install this update, reboot, then create a new MGADIAG report and upload it in your next reply.

Code:
OGA Data-->
Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 103 Blocked VLK
Your MSOffice installation is counterfeit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300749-i-want-know-if-my-windows-genuine-though-shows.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I had a problem of some registry entries being corrupted and it was suggested that I repair them per Microsoft knowledge base I was not confident enough to do it so I decided to do a fresh install instead Now when I reboot the PC two quot Windows XP Professional quot show up in the menu and I have to choose one of them How can fix this so that I don t have to choose anything but it would boot directly with the WinXP that I have installed I wonder if there is a bug in MS setup install process XP up Two reboot Windows shows upon itself I had C D and E drives as NTFS Two Windows XP shows up upon reboot I have my data on D so I did not want to format it I wanted to try installing linux on part of the HD so I decided to change the filesystem to FAT for E and I chose format when installing XP on C Upon rebooting two winXP show up in the menu So I did another install and in the process saw that windows that there was one on the C drive and one on the E which earlier had absolutely nothing on it So I formated E this time Then formated C and installed XP on it again One Two Windows XP shows up upon reboot more significant piece of information is that when I do a fresh install of XP now it says you have chosen to install on a partition which has another OS on it I thought that OS the currently running XP would be blown away in the formatting process Does this have anything to do with MBR and is there a way to fix it Thanks nbsp

A:Two Windows XP shows up upon reboot

It looks like you did a second install of XP in a different location then the previous installation or you did not format the same drive before doing the new installation.

Check to see if both options boot and if they are different O/S's.

If it turns out to be the same or one fails to load the you modify the boot.ini file. Go to Start -> Run -> type MSCONFIG -> and click on BOOT.INI. There's a button for Check all Boot Paths that you should first use. If that doesn't work then you can manuallly edit the file to remove the second entry - if the default boot menu item works then you want to delete the other item in the O/S list.

Also, it might be easier to remove any unwanted partitions before installing Windows in Windows, this avoids accidently ending up installing the O/S on a different partition or getting a duplication. Its very easy to try and format a partition and then accidently install Windows onto that partition. Therefore its easier to leave that till later; you can specify the size of the one partition during the install, obviously smaller then the size of the drive so there is some free space, and then create any additional partitions in Windows after the install. To do that go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management and you can delete, create and format partitions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-windows-xp-shows-up-upon-reboot.280257/
Relevancy 37.41%

First of all sorry for my bad english..

Hello there, I have a Windows 7 Laptop which has got a red X on the connectivity icon even when connected, and this since april. Now, I don't have any idea of what caused it. I have Tunngle installed, but i don't think that's the problem. I also have updated my internet drivers, but without success. In the network boards i also have a weird second wireless connection which is called "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #6"

I also attached so screenshots and sorry if my PC is Italian

Relevancy 37.41%

I recently built a computer using an Intel D915PBL mobo and a 3.0ghz P4 w/ HT processor (lga 775). I put 4gbs of RAM in there the first time and I installed WinXP SP3 (x32). It was only showing on the My Computer properties that I had only 2.87gbs? I know that I saw the bios read the 4gbs so I know my ram is working. I did a little reaserch and ppl kept saying that x64 OS's showed the 4gbs. So, I tried installing WinXP SP2 (x64). I did a fresh install by booting the disk 4rm the bios and installing the new XP on top of the hard drive that had the old Xp thus reformatting the hd and giving WinXP x64 a fresh installation. Guess what? It still only shows 2.87gbs of RAM on the My Computer properties. I don't know what to do anymore. Anyone know HOW to fix this? Thnx 4 reading.

A:Windows XP only shows 2.87GB of RAM? Even on x64?

I'm guessing you use onboard graphics? That's likely where your ram is going, you should be able to configure how much goes to your onboard graphics through your bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-only-shows-2-87gb-of-ram-even-on-x64.134621/
Relevancy 37.41%

After upgrading ttob windows 10 indeed maintenance. The HDD is now listed as SSD and the defrag is greyed out.  ..How do you get corrected 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eb00d7fd-3b84-4c3c-add3-1f5b554facd6/hdd-now-shows-as-ssd-after-windows-10-upgrade?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everyone...this is a quite weird problem.Everytime I install a Security Suite and restart my system, I see BSOD... I have already tried a lot of Security Suites.. the same problem occurs.. Seems some registry problem.

This made my reformat my HDD and install Windows XP SP2 more than 5-6 times..

Please help me..

My Rig is
AMD Athlon X2 64 5200+
1 GB DDR2 RAM
XFX Nvidia Geforce 8500GT

Windows XP SP2 (32bit)

Hope to get a good solution...

Cheers!!

A:Windows BSOD shows up

hello ,

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

also

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-bsod-shows-up-222465.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello,
My toshiba extrnl 1tb hard disk changed to raw aftr abrupt power cut whn drive was cnnectd to pc. After sum research tried method of test disk on win 7. I followd the procedure and writed partion. But aftr rebootng nw disk changed to unallocated. I tried initializing disk to mbr but it shows cyclic redundancy chck error. And also whn i run test disk nw. It show partion read error. I backdup my data frm drive nw. But also dnt want to lose my drive.
I treid all, chkdsk also but drive dosnt have drive path lettr so i cant run chksdk mthd also. I also use 3rd party app to rebuild mbr bt it aso faild.
Plz can u suggest, wat can i do to save my drive.

My above prblm can be bettr undrstand by you in followng link video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=synoVfeZl_g

Awitng ur rply

A:1tb hard drive shows unallocated & shows error cyclic redundancy error

Hello and welcome Kishor now I have gut feeling that drive night have been damaged by the sudden power failure it could have affected the platters themselves or the controller unit.
Now I think you need to test the drive using this SeaTools for Windows | Seagate or a purely physical surface test see this Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition. run it and see my pic on how to set that up. It tests the actual surface of the platters and to some extent the ability of the read / write heads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342569-1tb-hard-drive-shows-unallocated-shows-error-cyclic-redundancy-error.html
Relevancy 37.41%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 37.41%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 37.41%

hi guys
when my win7 comes up the windows defender shows the picture below.how can i prevent this warning to open when the windows started?

A:windows defender shows at windows start up

Have you gone into Tools ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/257428-windows-defender-shows-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi there - I can not get rid of old windows 7 option when I start up my laptop - it gives win 7 and win 8 as options like there are 2 os which there is not. If I try to click on win 7 option nothing happens. I have reinstalled many times and can not get rid of it. I have an ASUSF5RL

I don't know if it is connected but when I try to shut down it takes 5-30 mins for the computer to click off

How do I get rid of this?

A:Windows 8 install still shows windows 7 as alternative on

Press Windows Key + X, select System, then select Advanced System Settings, then the Advanced tab. Click on Startup and Recovery and in that dialog untick "Time to display list of operating systems" and make sure Windows 8 is in the above drop down. Thats it, ok and out.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44645-windows-8-install-still-shows-windows-7-alternative.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Windows Update Shows Windows 7 Sp1 is needed,
but Sp1 has already been installed a while ago.

HP laptop

Any advice or reactions?

A:Windows Update: Shows Windows 7 Sp1 is needed

Are you sure it is installed? Windows Update wouldn't find it as an update if you already have it. Go to the start menu and search "Computer". Then right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Tell me what it states under Windows version and/or take a screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-update-shows-windows-7-sp1-is-needed.204749/
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is the outlines - Harddrives partition each harddrive winxp storage each - Dual Booting Windows XP and Game Room windows xp - Since I know rd harddrive windows is messed up and not very good booting it up itself - rd harddrive installed and its Windows - BIOS checked and I Computer Windows get do up (3rd How XP's under Windows 98 one) shows harddrive My found - Just added quot How do I get Windows 98 harddrive (3rd one) shows up under Windows XP's My Computer multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows quot fastdetect quot at Startup amp Recovery Setting s Edit - Got all s Windows XP Game Room amp Windows - Clicked Windows XP boot mode - Since I know that Windows is FAT while Windows XP is NTFS - Under My computer showing disks Here is the question - How do I get Windows harddrive rd one shows up under Windows XP s My Computer - Under Computer Management s Disk Management only show not - Since I checked the BIOS it DID found rd harddrive th one The reason I am doing this - To backup neccessary files suchs as email doc xls etc from Crashed Windows harddrive to Windows XP harddrive - Then I will kill the windows after I backed everything I need Appreciated for your help Sneaker nbsp

A:How do I get Windows 98 harddrive (3rd one) shows up under Windows XP's My Computer

Take that W98 line out again at Startup & Recovery Setting's Edit. It will never work anyway, because W98 must be in the first partition of the first HD on the first controller in that PC, PLUS, it must have been installed BEFORE XP. So forget that.

On your first controller (IDE0), you have those 2 XP-disks.
Set the jumpers on the W98-disk to Master, then install it at the second controller (IDE1) as master. It probably needs the older 40-wire flat IDE-cable, rather than the newer 80-wire cable.
At bootup, go into BIOS and set the master on secondary controller to 'automatic' so it recognizes the W98-HD. That should do it.
Copy your stuff over, then take that disk out again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-windows-98-harddrive-3rd-one-shows-up-under-windows-xps-my-computer.20746/
Relevancy 37.41%

I wanted to upgrade my Win 7 ultimate 64bit to Win 7 SP1 but even after updating all the things in win update my PC in the comuter propertie shows that I am using windows 7 ultimate and then after 1 line it shows SP1.
For further explaination please refer to the image-

But My DXDiag shows that I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1-
Here is the line from DXDiag-
"Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)"
It it normal to have "Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1" or it should have been written as "Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit"
If it is normal that after upgrading to win7 SP1 it would be written as "Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1" ?

A:Why my PC shows that I have windows 7 ultimate after windows update?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Post this information
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402098-why-my-pc-shows-i-have-windows-7-ultimate-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 36.98%

This is a minor nuisance but still it wasn't an issue in XP or even Vista.

My Windows 7 Pro still shows the name as USER if looking in the folder "C:\". For example, there are 2 user accounts, both Administrators. When Windows 7 boots, you have a choice to log into SAM or JOY. However, everytime you want to install a new app, USER shows up as the name. And Sam doesn't show up as a USER but the following: C:\USER and C:\JOY in C Drive.

How do I change USER to SAM even though the profile in the GUI show shows SAM already?

A:Windows Directory shows USER not NAME

I believe you can change the name, but is only cosmetic, but may serve your purpose.

1) Start> Control Panel

2) Click User Accounts (If you do not see this option, click View by: Small icons).

3) Click Change your account name to change the account you are logged in with. Or click Manage another account to change another accounts name

4) Type the new name for the account, then click Change Name

You cannot change the actual name without creating a new account and transfering everything over. That can be done if you desire. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89190-windows-directory-shows-user-not-name.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I am new here and I didn't know where to write my problem - sorry for this It started two days ago I just simply opened a new folder I copied my files into it and they didn't have the jpg icon anymore just a white paper icon and no thumbnail Than I opened my Pictures folder and 7 Windows icons at shows doesn't all the same thing happened with Windows 7 doesn't shows icons at all all of the icons All the files with Windows 7 doesn't shows icons at all shown extensions have this Windows 7 doesn't shows icons at all white paper icon and the shortcuts are blank like they wasn't there at all only their title I have tried to go to Control Panel gt System gt Advanced System Settings gt Advanced Tab gt Settings gt Visual Effects and I clicked quot Adjust for best appearance quot but it didn't help at all I have tried also to change the size of the icons but nothing I have Windows Ultimate on a Dell Studio laptop I really need help I have no idea what happened Thank You waiting for your asap answer

A:Windows 7 doesn't shows icons at all

Hello RJTH, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is this with any specific image file extenstions, or just for all of them? Does it do this with program shortcuts as well?

You might see if rebuilding the icon cache and clearing the thumbnail cache may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/74835-windows-7-doesnt-shows-icons-all.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,
I am new here and I am getting desperate with this AC97 problem.
I have an old MSI K7D-Master which still runs fine. I have Win XP Pro installed and all hardware installs fine.
With a dual boot and Win7 ultimate the AC97 installs but the device manager shows a Code10 Error.
I have no sound,even after searching for related Realtek AC'97 Audio I cannot get it to work.
I hope I can get some help!

System Specs:

Mainboard : MSI K7D/MAster
Chipset : AMD 768
Processor : AMD Athlon MP2400 @ 2000MHz x2
Physical Memory : 3.5GB
Video Card : Nvidia Geforce 6200 512MB
Hard Disk : Seagate 160GB
DVD-RW : Sony
CD Rom
Network Card : IC Plus IP100A
DirectX : Version 10.00
Device Audio : Realtek AC'97 Audio Controller

I have tried to install legacy drivers in device manager but I am not getting anywhere.

Any ideas?????

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi there. Here is my situation. I have been dual-booting with Mandriva for a week or so. The GRUB works fine and gives me a nice bluish screen with the 3 boot options (Windows 7, Mandriva, Mandriva safe). I get into each OS as expected. However, the puzzling thing is, when I go into Startup and Recovery and look at the boot manager, it only shows Windows 7 and the winloader, instead of two entries. Is there any explanation to that? Regards.

A:Dual boot only shows Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by gallicbear

... when I go into Startup and Recovery and look at the boot manager ...

In wich startup and recovery you go?
startup and recovery of Windows 7 loader or
startup and recovery of GRUB loader?

In case you're going into startup and recovery of Win7 loader then this as it supposed to be,
because windows won't recognize anything related to linux, or non-NTFS/fat stuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/218787-dual-boot-only-shows-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Windows xp shows NTDETECT failed and won't start up. I have a Sahara laptop with windows xp installed but suddenly i deleted something from drive C: and now when i going to start up my system it shows
Invalid boot.ini
Booting from c:windows
NTDETECT failed.
And going to restart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-shows-ntdetect-failed.1166440/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello SevenForums,

Ever since running some registery cleaner I have been having issues with my windows explorer.
I never should have touched my registery with untrusted software in the first place..

I know most of you will probably suggest me to reinstall but I would prefer to just put the registry entries back in place as I have a lot installed on my computer.

Whenever I try to start up "Computer" or control panel it shows the explorer but the contents are blank.

Could anyone help me out with this annoying problem?

I run Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.

I already scanned my disk for issues (sfc /scannow) but nothing was found.
Please note that I also have read several threads regarding this issue but I do not have Virtual Clone Drive installed, if that may help.

Best regards,
Mark Visser

A:Windows Explorer shows blank

Welcome
This could be fixed with a system restore.
Go back a few days before the problem
System Restore

In the future this is all you need to do to maintain the computer and stay away from Reg cleaners etc.
To maintain your computer

10 Tips on How to Properly Maintain Your Computer

Steps that I did not notice on the guide include:

Running a scan disc before doing a defrag

Using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes.

Making System Restore points, at least once a week

Makaing a system Image once a month (varies by user)

Not relying on your A/V common sense, should prevail. You know of many sites can cause a problem.

Do not use any reg cleaning or optimizing software.

Download and use Ccleaner about once every two months. Untick any registry entries.
http://www.piriform.com/

If you follow these instructions, you will be trouble free for a long time to come.

Be sure to back up your hard drive about once a month (varies by user) and to keeep system restore points up to date.

Optimize Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...er-performance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/172565-windows-explorer-shows-blank.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I had 3-way SLI. Removed one card to run benchmarks with 2-way SLI. I opened notepad and it appears to open on a display that is no longer there. I had three displays (each display connected to one GTX980). I now have one display connected to the fist card. I have Display Fusion installed and thought that was messing it up, uninstalled it and the same thing appears. I used DDU to remove the drivers and reinstalled 365.10.
If I go into screen resolution I see this:

A:Phantom display shows up in Windows 7

I clicked "try to connect" and then removed the display but the problem is still there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/397707-phantom-display-shows-up-windows-7-a.html