Windows Support Forum

Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning.

Q: Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning.

I have Intel GZis motherboard Intel PentiumD GHZ X Out. My Please Burning. Help Its System, me Kinghston Memory GB WD mb Cache HD Heavy Watt PIII Server supply Converted Nvidia GS mb d Card Although Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning. I have recently reapplied new heatsink paste my heatsink is original fan is perfect But this is still going over C degrees upto C degrees and usually when idly stay on C Degrees The problem is heatsink didn t seems to be hot enough Few days ago I applied a very high Speed fan but useless My supply sometimes gets warm System never gets stuck or do any problem But this temp is to high as recomended by intel which degrees for this Proc What should i do I am tired You GUYZ PLZ HELP ME I use SPEEDFAN Software to check Temp Also Intel own Utility Shows Same Contact Phone number removed by moderator - if you wish to give you number out do it via private message though this is still not recommended nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Please Help me Out. My System, Its Burning.

Could possibly be a faulty temp sensor. Have you felt the heatsink with your hand? You say it doesnt seem to be hot enough, but if processor is over 65C for a while it will burn you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-out-my-system-its-burning.91217/
Relevancy 43.43%

When I install any DVD/CD burner, I get this message: "The ordinal 11 caould not be located in the dynamic link library DSOUND.dll". Or, "The ordinal 252 could be belocated in the dynamic link library msi.dll". What to do?

A:System won't allow CD/DVD burning

Look for the first error in the link below. It is about 2/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/system-wont-allow-cddvd-burning/65873.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I have been burning some audio CD's to my CD-RW disks, but they will only play in stereos and boom boxes specifically designed to play those formats.

Are there any burning software programs out there that will burn the CD's to play in ANY playback system-- no matter how old it is, or ones that are not specifically made to playback CD-R/RW's?

Can you create a burned CD on a CD-RW disk that is just like an music CD you buy in the store?

Please let me know....
Thanks!

A:Burning Music CD's that Play in Any System

CD-RW is a poor choice for burning .cda tracks to, as you have found.

Nero will convert formats to .cda (the format used by all stand-alone stereos) biut there are many stereos that will not recognise a -RW disk, but most will recognise a -R disk OK.

Really old stereos may have difficulty with any burned media, but there is nothing you can do about that.

The laser in the stereo needs to reflect off the CD to play the music, "store bought" CD's are pressed with an aluminium data layer, giving high reflectivity.

Burned media uses a dye substrate that changes colour when burned, and some older lasers cannot reflect correctly from the different surface.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-music-cds-that-play-in-any-system.552617/
Relevancy 42.57%

Just started using Cyberlink to burn video files to DVD R disks as a simple data DVD no conversion to VOB file happening here In the configuration tab I noticed the option to choose File System - ISO Joliet - UDF - UDF - UDF - UDF Did some quick File system DVD when data to a burning use research on what UDF is and concluded that for my OS and disk type DVD R I should use UDF I burned a disk full of video files mostly AVI s but at least one MKV No one file was greater than mb When the burn and verification was complete I tried to view the disk on same PC Disk was full but appeared File system to use when burning a data DVD to contain nothing Took the disk and tried playing it in the DVD Player attached to TV All files were there and played without problem Repeated the process File system to use when burning a data DVD choosing the ISO Joliet file system option Disk contents could be viewed and played on PC and the DVD Player Apparently if I want to read data from the completed disk on a PC I have to choose the ISO Joliet file system option Can anyone explain what is happening here nbsp

A:File system to use when burning a data DVD

UDF requires a UDF file system driver to view the contents. Most modern OS's can do it, but not all.

The most common file system that is most compatible is probably the ISO9660 with the Joliet extensions. Microsoft uses both file systems simultaneously on their media to expand compatibility. But they use UDF 1.02 for reasons beyond me. However, that UDF version seems to be preferred by others as well, so there must be some logic to it.

Most burning software will allow you to use both at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-system-to-use-when-burning-a-data-dvd.978290/
Relevancy 42.57%

I do a lot of DVD burning and hence would prefer the performance of my system to be better when burning DVDs I have noticed that when burning DVDs in particular that my system becomes less responsive This appears to be the case regardless of the software I have tried which means there could be a common element that these various apps use Seems to me in digging into programming a while back that there is a common interface that is used Given the slowness of a DVD device I would have thought that this kind of process would be given a very low priority and hence would System Performance Issues DVD and Burning allow the system to be more responsive to things like mouse DVD Burning and System Performance Issues events Before anyone asks my DMA setting is Ultra DMA Mode on the DVD drive Also I have SATA HD's and the DVD drive is SATA as well I do have an IDE CD drive installed But this is not in use when the sluggishness occurs The DVD drive is an LG Model GH NS It seems to me what is happening is that the driver associated with interacting with the hardware is tying up the system Would this be an accurate assessment If this is the case is there an explanation as to why it must be this way Or is this just poor or antiquated programming

A:DVD Burning and System Performance Issues

The DVD burn process needs to run at a high priority I would think so the buffers don't go empty, or you end up burning coasters instead of useable DVDs.

Personally, when I burn a CD or DVD, I leave the system alone and don't do anything else until it's done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/272115-dvd-burning-system-performance-issues.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having trouble when I am burning either a dvd/cd. The problem is that it will only go so far and then the system reboots the 2 burners I have are a Liteon dvdrw ldw-411s(DVD) and Liteon ltr-52246s(CD) my OS is XP. Can anyone help at all?

Micatex

A:system shutting down while burning either with dvd/cd burner

do you have any thing else going on while you are burning? that cool fish tank screen saver on winXP? have you tried burning smaller size images? are you doing a test and burn our just burn? does it do the same in simulate mode(test only with no real burning?) my guess is you are running out of system resources but knowing more would hlep. i dont know any thing about those dirves what software are you using to burn?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-shutting-down-while-burning-either-with-dvd-cd-burner.10077/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having a problem with the Windows CD burner when trying to burning file system CD - problem burn a data CD-R or CD-RW in Mastered CDFS format CD burning - file system problem Windows Home Premium -bit Whenever I use a new or blank disc and then select the Mastered option when I CD burning - file system problem re-insert the CD after burning it says it's in UDF format What is more I then have problems trying to open or copy files from the CD - files won't open bad block errors in the event viewer etc These errors are seen when trying to use the CD on any computer including the one it was recorded on and I've tried several different makes types and speeds of disc I can record in CDFS format using the Windows CD burner if the CD already contains files which were recorded in that format using a rd party application or another computer This is happening on two Windows computers I have considered using the Live File format UDF instead but when using Windows 's burner to format the disc it reduces its capacity by about MB and the data won't fit any more I know I can use other CD burning software and already do but there are occasions when the Windows burner is the simplest option so I'd like to get it to work properly Can anyone help please

A:CD burning - file system problem

In the absence of any comments from anyone else, it might help others if I add some more on this in the light of further experience and research.

1. Windows 7 Help goes into some detail about Live File System (LFS) and the various versions of UDF that are available. What it doesn't explain is that the Mastered file system in the Windows CD burner is not the same as it was in XP. That was defined by Windows as CDFS, and as far as I can tell, was a version of ISO 9660. However, a CD recorded using the Mastered option in Windows 7 seems to be a hybrid of ISO 9660 (CDFS) and UDF (presumably the default 2.01 version): such CDs are identified by Windows XP and higher as UDF, but a disc burning application which doesn't support UDF 2.01 or higher identifies the file system as ISO 9660. Burning to blank discs in CDFS only appears not to be possible with the Windows 7 burner.

(I have found that some 3rd party burning applications have problems erasing CD-RWs recorded using the Windows 7 Mastered option. I invariably get an application hang if I try this, and I suspect this may be due to an incompatibility with UDF 2.01.)

2. I still don't really know what caused the bad block errors etc. It happened with two separate burnings of the same data on to two discs, which were both relatively new but had been successfully recorded to and erased on 3-4 occasions using 3rd party software in CDFS format. I had also used exactly the same type of disc without problem for at least two years, on an XP machine. Thus I had assumed the errors were caused by the Windows 7 burning process, particularly as it seemed to be recording in the wrong file system.

However, I have since used the Mastered option in the Windows burner to twice record approximately the same data to an identical disc without any errors. So either the Windows 7 burner is inconsistent, or something else was causing the errors on these discs. One possibility may be that we were experiencing exceptionally high humidity (up to about 79%) around the time I was reading them. So I'm still unsure on this, and it's possible that the errors were in the reading rather than the writing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/104982-cd-burning-file-system-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok This is kind of hard to explain but i will try my best So basically just today while i was done playing a game on my system Which is a pretty capable ASSEMBLED RIG i noticed the wood on top of my System gaming burning System's My (Desktop) ... TOP after was burning Curious i looked down My system is setup like this as shown in the attached picture amp I put my palm on the top of my system It was burning And after i came back from dinner i checked the temperature It was fine Now the specs of my System are as follows Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz GHz RAM GB Motherboard Gigabyte H -D H Graphics Card Zotac Nvidia Gforce GTX GB And again this was assembled The guy who made this system for My System's (Desktop) TOP burning after gaming ... me My System's (Desktop) TOP burning after gaming ... assured me that he is installing all the essential hardware componenets to support heaviest of the heavy Games Regarding the cooling he said that apart from the regular fan that he My System's (Desktop) TOP burning after gaming ... installed in my system He also said that i can install an extra fan for extra cooling but i didn't installed it as he said that this much cooling would be enough I have dealt with SYSTEM OVERHEAT WHILE GAMING issues before with my Laptop but a simple FIX from youtube allowed me play with some Processor temperature settings in Power Plan And to make it completely BURN-FREE i was using a BIG Portable fan that i used to switched on whenever i was gonna play some games Now this issue of my SYSTEM's top side burning Could this be due to the improper installing assembling of my system's HARDWARE by the shop guy or perhaps i am overreacting Or MAY BE the place where i have placed my system Under the table as shown in the attached Picture is preventing it from any Ventilation What are your suggestions I am ready to try anything to make this burning go away

A:My System's (Desktop) TOP burning after gaming ...

You have to monitor your CPU and GPU temps during gaming.

No way should the top of your PC be getting hot.

Where is the Power Supply located in that case ? Is it getting hot ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368151-my-systems-desktop-top-burning-after-gaming.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone I have the following problem Burning files from explorer to DVD is extremely slow when the DVD is Slow with DVD Live File burning System formatted using the Live File System option The burn process starts and proceeds in a steady - Kb s speed It took minutes to burn a Mb file to DVD This occurs with two different brands of media maxell DVD R x and fujifilm DVD-R x and two different drives Lite-ON x and Samsung x the Samsung is brand new If I use the Mastered method the time to burn a full DVD takes - minutes which is the expected amount of time for a x burn I have searched the internet but the only suggestion to this kind of problem Slow DVD burning with Live File System is to turn on DMA for the drive but in my case it is already set to DMA enabled and besides it can burn at full speed in Mastered mode The OS is Windows Ultimate x clean install Drag amp drop files to DVD is such a convenient feature is there anything I can do to make it work Slow DVD burning with Live File System properly Thanks in advance

A:Slow DVD burning with Live File System

Do you have daemon tools installed? the SPTD driver that comes with that is reputed to hurt real drive performance can't say I've noticed it in practice on my setup though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/48593-slow-dvd-burning-live-file-system.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I m having a problem with the Windows CD burner when trying to burn a data CD-R or CD-RW in Mastered CDFS format Windows Home Premium -bit Whenever I use a new or blank disc and then select the Mastered option when I re-insert the CD after burning it says it s in UDF format What is more I then have problems trying to open or - CD Windows file system burning 7 problem copy files from the CD - files won t open bad block errors in the event viewer Windows 7 CD burning - file system problem etc These errors are seen when trying to use the CD on any computer including the one it was recorded on and I ve tried several different makes types and speeds of disc I can record in CDFS format using the Windows CD burner if the CD already contains files which were recorded in that format using a rd party application or another computer This is happening on two Windows computers I have considered using the Live File format UDF instead but when using Windows s burner to format the Windows 7 CD burning - file system problem disc it reduces its capacity by about MB and the data won t fit any more I know I can use other CD burning software and already do but there are occasions when the Windows burner is the simplest option so I d like to get it to work properly Can anyone help please nbsp

A:Windows 7 CD burning - file system problem

In the absence of any comments from anyone else, it might help others if I add some more on this in the light of further experience and research.

1. Windows 7 Help goes into some detail about Live File System (LFS) and the various versions of UDF that are available. What it doesn't explain is that the Mastered file system in the Windows CD burner is not the same as it was in XP. That was defined by Windows as CDFS, and as far as I can tell, was a version of ISO 9660. However, a CD recorded using the Mastered option in Windows 7 seems to be a hybrid of ISO 9660 (CDFS) and UDF (presumably the default 2.01 version): such CDs are identified by Windows XP and higher as UDF, but a disc burning application which doesn't support UDF 2.01 or higher identifies the file system as ISO 9660. Burning to blank discs in CDFS only appears not to be possible with the Windows 7 burner.

(I have found that some 3rd party burning applications have problems erasing CD-RWs recorded using the Windows 7 Mastered option. I invariably get an application hang if I try this, and I suspect this may be due to an incompatibility with UDF 2.01.)

2. I still don't really know what caused the bad block errors etc. It happened with two separate burnings of the same data on to two discs, which were both relatively new but had been successfully recorded to and erased on 3-4 occasions using 3rd party software in CDFS format. I had also used exactly the same type of disc without problem for at least two years, on an XP machine. Thus I had assumed the errors were caused by the Windows 7 burning process, particularly as it seemed to be recording in the wrong file system.

However, I have since used the Mastered option in the Windows burner to twice record approximately the same data to an identical disc without any errors. So either the Windows 7 burner is inconsistent, or something else was causing the errors on these discs. One possibility may be that we were experiencing exceptionally high humidity (up to about 79%) around the time I was reading them. So I'm still unsure on this, and it's possible that the errors were in the reading rather than the writing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-cd-burning-file-system-problem.943896/
Relevancy 42.14%

I can burn data CD's all day long but as soon as I burn an audio
CD from MP3 files it either glitches or restarts my sytem.

I have already tried different media 7 different burning programs
SCSI Burner, IDE Burner Wiped my hard drive clean and started
fresh and switched from win 98 to xp. I am at a loss! what can
do this when everything else works fine.

RAM? Mother Board? BIOS?

no one i talk too has ever heard of this before.
Thank you if you can help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdrw-will-reboot-system-when-burning-mp3-to-audio.58034/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

I'm new to the forum and would like to know what minimum system requirements would ideally be required to upload digital camcorder footage to a pc, edit using a software package and then burn onto DVD.

I'm shorlty buying a new system so would like to know what spec to ask for!! Please bear in mind I'm not a techy type! Just the basics of RAM, Processor speed, Graphics/sound card types etc, Hard drive size n stuff!

Thanks!!

A:Minimum System Requirements For Video Editing/burning

Hi there MightyMing if you want to do some good video editing and stuff the best stuff to get would probably be a Pentium 4 processor and good 1 or 2 gigs of ram and good video card such as All-in-Wonder 2006 Edition or the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 both of these run on the new PCI Express port on the motherboard so make sure you have the right motherboard. And if you want to look like a real professional get the USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor. And I highly suggest a TV Tuner.

Hope this helps

P.S. Don't forget a DVD burner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34669/minimum-system-requirements-for-video-editingburning/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I just went out the house for a few hours so left my problem System room) in standby (Burning smell computer on standby I came back to System standby problem (Burning smell in room) find the room had a slight burning smell which was confirmed by my brother When I tried starting my computer it stopped at the screen as soon as the motherboard loads Its never done that before Nothing else electrical was on in the room After a few minutes it asked some question about whether I wanted to delete the boot info or continue with the previos boot It was on about the standby information held on the hard drive however I cant remember how the question was praised Its been asking that question on and off the last few times Ive set the system in standby however its never left a burning smell in the room or anything like that I just select to delete and continue and it loads like a fresh boot loosing any data from when it was put on standby I ve been doing some forensic stuff imaging and analysing ram recently so god knows if its anything to do with that It only started the past few days since I got into imaging ram however I doubt its relating as imaging ram shouldnt affect the computers ram state considering the importance it would hold in an investigation Has anyone got any idea whats going on Suppose I better do some backing up Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire One 10" netbook. It has no cd or dvd internal drive. It has been asking me to burn factory default system to disc. I have no external cd or dvd drives. Can this be burned to an external harddrive. I have a simpledrive. Or can this be burned to a 8GB memory stick?

A:Solved: burning factory default system to disc

I would not be using a flash type drive for system recovery.

You might be able to make the image file on an external hard drive however how are you going to do the recovery???

In short, you need an optical drive. No recovery is worth anything until you are sure you can recover your system. I always advise people to do the actual recovery to make sure it will work when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-factory-default-system-to-disc.827826/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a new PC, previously I had a 320 GB HD, this one has 1TB I have put on four or so programs, how long should it take to make an initial system image to DVD, I have a set of 4.7 GB DVD+R 16x disks.

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 27.95%

I experienced a serious problem over the weekend that is forcing me to restore my system using the Win bit Home Premium quot System Image Recovery quot tool I ll cut to it system? volumes Does or all just the in the System system volume - Image Recovery recover the chase because I cannot unfortunately access System Image Recovery - Does it recover just the system volume or all volumes in the system? any of my system restore points nor is startup repair working My computer has different hard drives On the c drive I only keep the Win OS and my various programs All my other files and data are stored in the other HD s my data only hard drives On one of these HD s I have a System Image from about months ago I would like to restore this image using the Win quot System Image Recovery quot tool However there are various other files and data on this HD in addition to the System Image I would like to restore If I use the Win quot System Image Recovery quot tool will it only restore my c drive which is what I want or will it restore all HD s to their original state from months ago I plan on unplugging all of the HD s during the restore process except the c drive and the backup drive containing the image However I do not want to lose any newer files on the backup drive containing the System Image Will I be able to restore my c drive using quot System Image Recovery quot without losing any new files data on my backup drive containing the recovery image

A:System Image Recovery - Does it recover just the system volume or all volumes in the system?

It will only restore the drive that the image was taken from.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309309/system-image-recovery-does-it-recover-just-the-system-volume-or-all-volumes-in-the-system/
Relevancy 27.52%

I download music from the net, and my question, is it possible to transfer the music program to a CD and if so can anyone suggest the easiest way to do, eg. do I need special equipment or can it be done by downloading a program which will allow me to do this.
awc

Relevancy 27.52%

A question about burning images from cam to cam onto a cd. I have Nero 5.5, and if I cam with somebody on the net, how do I go about burning that session to cd?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cd-from-cam.287757/
Relevancy 27.52%

Is there a program that burn video format like AVI into DVD+R and that allows the disc to play on a DVD player and computer?

A:Dvd Burning

Hello Richard ken,Have you looked at the Video Applications on this topic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155713/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

I thought that to put my cd+g discs onto neo+g disc would be very simple, but when I upload my cd+g discs to my pc it only recognises the .mp3 files and not the .cd+g files.
Does anyone know of a programme or software that will help me to burn this as a single file?
Many thanks, Allan.

Relevancy 27.52%

Is there something different that should be done in burning a CD of photos for a Mac on a PC?

PP

A:Burning FOR Mac

i know that certain quicktime compressed images will not work on a pc. Typically if you are going pc to mac you shouldnt run into too many problems. Tiff files are fairly universal and should work well in both os's. .bmp's should work well but of course its a lossy file format so depending on your level of needed resolution you might want to try gif or possibly even png. I know adobe cs 2 has the ability to save files in .pict format , or you could even go with a pdf format to be on the safe side. Usually when i go from mac to pc is when i run into problems seeing as macs tend to need extra information to open certian files. Also make sure your cd is ISO level one compliant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-for-mac.460371/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have made a slideshow using Photoshop on my computer and now want to burn it to a DVD to watch on our TV. I used the LITE ON burner to burn the DVD and seemed to be okay. When I put the DVD in my DVD player it gives me a disk error. I have tried DVD-R, DVD-RW, and DVD+R. What do I need to do?
Thanks!

A:DVD burning

Will the DVD play OK on your computer? If it does, then your DVD play probably doesn't support the "non-commercial" DVD's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.512893/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am running XP PRO with Windows Media Player Every time I try to burn music from Windows Media Player I get quot Insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW disk and retry I have a formatted disk in the CD RW drive I can copy files to the the CD RW disk but using Windows Media Player it will not recognize that there is a disk in the drive when I try and copy music files using this software Properties of the CD Burning drive say quot recording quot is enabled I used to be able to do this but can t now Is there another setting somewhere that is not populated incorrectly What am I doing wrong Below are the steps I am following Open Windows Media Player Insert a bank formatted disk in CD-RW drive Select Copy to CD or device Check selected tracks in Windows Media Player to be copied Click Copy Receive message of insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW and retry nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I have Windows 98 second edition with a CD-R. I need some step by step instruction on how to burn pictures on to a CD. I have already uploaded them from my digital camera into the camera software, they are also showing up in My Documents. Thanks, Dan

A:Burning a CD

welcome whomper

did the cd burner come with software such as Nero and did you install it?

If so just open the software and follow the instruction...Should be as simple as draging the files into the burn window

ps... I'm going to delete one of your post as they are duplicates

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd.329643/
Relevancy 27.52%

I THINK MY HARD-DRIVE IS NOT READING THE BLANK CD'S----PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

A:Cd Burning

A strange question........if they're blank then there's nothing on them to read....

Maybe you should describe your problem in more detail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.372246/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello
I have few files that I bought from a online shop and are re-selling! is it possible to 'lock' it so no-one else can burn it and give me them out for free? Doesn't need to be really high encrpytion as I am selling it for my school friends, Just so I am no paying so much for just to be resold for free! So if you do any CD Encrpyting programs which are FREE please post here!

Thanks!

PS: Even after encryption it still needs to be read-able only. These are .pdf files which cannot be copied or burnt!

A:Cd Burning!

Is this really a Windows XP question?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39211/cd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

You know that little bubble that comes up above the Task Bar (right side) that says 'You have files to be written to CD. Click here...'?

Where does that go when it disappears before you can get back from the other room where you went to get a blank CD because you're so stupidly disorganized you can't stand yourself?

Relevancy 27.52%

I've been burning DVDs using a SONY VAIO model PCV-RZ24G, NERO and DVD shrink. I've had very few problems using Verbatim DVD+R. I started trying Verbatim DVD-R to play on my TV/DVD combo. After encoding with DVD shrink, I put the DVD-R in and it looks like it's going to burn, then fails. I also tried Memorex DVD-R with the same result. After the DVD-R failed both times, I tried it a third time using DVD+R and it burns with no problem. I also tried to copy my DVD+R movie to a DVD-R using NERO and it also failed that way. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

A:DVD burning DVD+ but not DVD-

Perhaps your burner isn't compatible with the -R format. I have a Dell with an NEC +RW burner that won't read or write to -R or -RW. Most new DVD burners are compatible with both formats these days but that, evidently, was not always the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-dvd-but-not-dvd.52883/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,

First of all I hope I'm posting in the right forum!! Anyway, I am the using Nero StartSmart 'Burn DVD-Video Files' to try and create a DVD that will play in a DVD player from a .avi file. The problem is that when I drag the file I want to burn in the appropriate section the 'burn' option is not highlighted. I then tried the 'Make Video CD' option; in this case the file is then too large for the blank DVD disc.

Could it be i need to convert the .avi file to a different one?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

A:Burning Dvd

Sorry I don't have any specifics for you, but I found these 4 articles that discuss .avi to DVD using Nero.There might be some information in there that you can use. Sefy's DVD Backup Guide v2.6 How to convert an NTSC (23.976 fps) XviD file to a PAL DVD How to create Anime DVD's from MKV, OGM, and AVI filesHow to convert DivX to DVDR using DVD2SVCDIf none of these help, try searching the site I got the links from, videohelp.com, as there's a load of information on CD/DVD burning and conversions.This is a great resource site for anything video related.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60855/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I have lots of songs downloaded from the program quot quot and whenever I want to bring a song from into Real Player to burn a CD it doesn t seem to be working anymore A few weeks ago it was working and I THINK I know what the problem is Before this happened all of the songs I had in my quot quot folder had a little Real Player icon next to it and I all I had to do was right click on a song and click on quot open with Real Player to burn quot But NOW there is a little blue CD's Burning open box with blue music notes coming out of it next to each song not the Real Player icon anymore So now when I right click a song I can t burn it with Real Player For some reason my Sony Vaio Windows XP computer replaced the real player icon for this blue icon that I have Burning CD's never seen before I Burning CD's don t understand it Is there any way for me to let the Real Player icon show up again so that I can burn my CD s I didn t know which category to put this question in but I hope someone can help me out Thanks Ca nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

When I try to burn a DVD I have to use 2 discs. I burn the first half on one disc and when i try to burn the second half on another disc I get a error message when it tries to complete it, The n=message is:

Could not complete the last command because: Invalid requested time ( DVDErr.-19004)

I am using Sonic MY DVD 5

I had a previous problem with Sonic caused by DIVX and I corrected it but I am now having problems with this.

A:Dvd Burning

Which DVD burner do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85393/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

My first to all I have a Dell Latitude L it is supposed to have a DVD burner player installed at my request My order says I have a -- M Module Digital Video Disk Drive Read Write x Sony Abacus ?? Burning DVD Latched Address what ever in the puter Is this It I can play DVD s play amp burn CD s but puter will not recognize a DVD in tray or says disc already has something on it or it ll say insert a blank disc I d like to tx some of my videos stored in puter DVD Burning ?? to a dvd if I can select a group DVD Burning ?? of them to put on disc and clear up some room on my puter DEll tells me I have a DVD player burner installed but won t help me activate it Real Player Quicktime WinDVD or Windows Media Player are of no help in DVD mode but OK in CD If I DVD Burning ?? had any hair left I d be pulling it out Being a beginner is of no solace to me nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

hi all, have just purchased a box of cdrw blanck discs,my question why wont the discs except iso or music files,im geting write errors,also i dont seem to have a problem with cdr blanks,
is it down to manufacturers.

Relevancy 27.52%

hi all i was wondering if someone coulld help me out, when ever i try and burn an AVI or even back up my son's dvd's in dvd shrink it will shut down my computer. i have tryed nero, dvd santa and still same thing thanks for you time.

A:Burning Dvd

How much RAM do you have, and how much free space do you have on your hdd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88606/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I managed to convert my AVI files to MPEG, i cannot burn my MPEG files with nero because nero wants the IFO & VOB files etc, do i have to convert my mpeg to dvd-video files or is there programs tht you can burn the mpegs and it converts it for you?

A:Burning a DVD

Strange what version of Nero do you have....and how are you doing it...choosing what in Nero?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.516613/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have been able to download VHS tapes to my laptop. No matter what program I try I cannot convert the massive AVI files to another format to be able to write onto a DVD. In the present state it is over 12 GB. I need help in formatting and writing.

Mahalo
Henry

Relevancy 27.52%

I just completed a slide show, I have it on Roxio Photo Suite Software, problem is when I burn the VCD it plays on the computer exactly right , with the music timed with the photos like I set it up, but when I play the VCD in the DVD player the pictures move too fast and dont keep up with the music. I hope someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks.

A:Burning a VCD

Just checking to see if anyone has posted a reply yet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-vcd.157283/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey guys, I seen it once either here or somewhere on the net, what kind of cds are best for copying sony playstation games? And/ or where can I find this info?

A:burning cds

i haven't had a problem with any PSX games on any CDS...I usually get them at Sam's or BJ's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.45175/
Relevancy 27.52%

i burned a CD with music files on it (mp3) and a friend of mine told me i didn't need to convert the files to anything. i used adaptec easy CD creator 4. and it said the CD burned successfully, but...when i tried to play the CD in a player, it didn't work. what am i doing wrong?

A:CD burning

Hi inanothersky,

If you want to play MP3's in a standard CD player, you'll have to convert them to .WAV files first.

Regular CD players can't recognize or play the MP3 format.

Use Easy CD Creator to convert the MP3's files to .WAV format first, then burn the .WAV files to the CD-R. Depending on how old your CD player is, you may or may not be able to play the CD-R in it.

Go to http://www.cdrom-guide.com/cdindex.cgi for more information regarding CD-RW and burning CD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.47948/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi guys,

i have videos in mpg , avi that i am trying to convert to dvd (to play on my dvd player)
im using im too avi to dvd converter...when i try it straight to dvd drive it doesnt work

now i can convert the file to audio_ts and video_ts folders...but how do i burn it?
nero complains about something to do with reallocation...
somebody help me...

A:avi to dvd burning

some FREE programs to try...

Free Movies To DVD 1
Avi2Dvd
DVD Flick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-to-dvd-burning.695241/
Relevancy 27.52%

I don't know exactly where this goes, so I will post based on other threads.

I am having a small problem with burning music cds. It is actually a weird issue but I know I can get some help on it. When I burn songs onto a CD, and once it is done burning, and I listen to the songs there is usually one song that is cut off. Before burning I check all the songs work fine by playing them. And I don't go over the max capacity of the CD which is 700MB or 80 Minutes. So what do you think the problem could be?

The program I use is Sonic Record Now version 6. Also tried burning with Windows Media Player same issue.

Any help on this would be very nice.

A:Burning CDs

Is there anyone who knows anything about this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-cds-281937.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi can any one tell me how to find out if there is a cd burner on my system and how to burn cds if there is.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 27.52%

ok....I am trying to drag and drop selected songs from a number of different CD's to compile onto a new one. Everything is fine until I try to burn, then it asks for a disc to be inserted into my "slave" cd slot - not the burner and it won't take.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 27.52%

I have a quick question about DVD burning. I have a 4X external TDK DVD Burner that I really love but per TDK that stopped making the 4X +R blank DVD's that I used and I can't find them anywhere on the internet.
I bought a pack of 10 Office Depot 4X +R blank DVD's to try and would like to know how much of a movie do you have to watch to find out if the burn was ok or not. I never had a problem at all with the TDK's. I burned a movie using the Office Depot blank DVD and watched afew minutes of it and it seemed fine.

Relevancy 27.52%
Q: burning

I have some software to download from MS dreamspark, I dont think my cd/dvd burner is working well, can i download to a external hdd and then boot software from that or do i have to format the ex hdd to make it bootable

A:burning

Download to and install from any drive that you like. Software can be installed from any drive (including the primary C: drive). You don't need boot access for software installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning.1093079/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a bunch of pictures I want to burn to CD which I can do, but oddly, when I select a bunch in "my pictures" it does not give me an option to send it to my CD burner drive. Any ideas?

A:Burning to CD

Have you tried highlighting the bunch and copying it? Then you can open your cd burn drive and paste. The write files to cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-cd.415529/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all

Just installed XP today, tried to burn some CD's. The process was great, prob is I got errors on disk and made a few coasters. Is there a way to do simulated burns, or figger out why there are errors? I tried a RW disk even and now its a coaster too. Anyone else have this prob, or input about this? Adaptec software sucked, but at least I could eventually make it work. XP should at least have an error message to tell me what is wrong.

Relevancy 27.52%

Alright this probably doesn't belong in the hardware section but I know alot of you probably know the answer to this so I'm going to ask it here. My dad wants to use a CD-RW like a floppy. He wants to be able to go to FILE>SAVE AS click the A drive etc and it saves. He can't do it like that with CD's though right? He needs to burn it to the cd with a burning program? Or is there some way he can do it like floppy. I know that he can burn it with a burning program but I'm not sure if you can the other way. Thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

Ok, I'm having a bit of trouble burning a DVD here, I can download them and watch them on my computer with no problem at all its just getting them onto the disc and hoping they work on my dvd player.

I have a fairly new computer (vista) and when i insert my blank DVD cd's a message comes up with the following options...

burn a dvd data disc
burn files to disc
burn a dvd video disc < i choose this one and windows vd maker came up, but when i try to add items (the film) an error message comes u and says the programme has stopped working ???

can anyone give me a hand here ?

thanks in advance

A:Burning a DVD

You may want to visit the TSG rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Category I Offenses
Minor and Sometimes Unintentional Annoyances

Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.697383/
Relevancy 27.52%

ok so my mom emailed me about this problem, but i dont have access to her computer because im an hour away from her.

I am trying to copy some photos onto a CD but when I put the blank CD into the &#8220;D&#8221; or &#8220;E&#8221; slot it says &#8220;insert disk&#8221; although I put one in.

When I put in a DVD it recognizes it but does not want to save as it says some things may be lost.

?

any suggestions

P.S when i was there a week ago a opened the computer up and everything was plugged in ok.

Relevancy 27.52%

I'm currently using WinXP Pro SP x and using CDBurnerXP My optical drive is Lite-On iHAP Burning .iso a DVD IDE DVD-RAM It's a DVD Multi Recorder drive labeled for DVD R DL and RW discs The iso file is GB and CDBurnerXP won't burn it because it won't fit the disc which is labeled as GB capacity Google search gave tons of results that say it's something to do with discs being Burning a .iso DVD labeled GB in the sense of GB MB whereas GB really is MB The iso file I'm trying to burn is an OS so it's supposed to fit a standard DVD - R disc I don't know anything about overburn never tried such feature before but still risked it and got same error saying the disc doesn't have enough space The discs I use are TDK - x GB DVD R and never before seen such an error come up with iso files this large Any suggestions Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place it seemed the most relevant here but maybe I'm wrong Thanks

A:Burning a .iso DVD

Is there anything non essential that can be removed from the .iso? I have had to do this a few times to fit a DVD. Other than burning to dual layer disk, maybe creating a bootable flash drive (or similar) to house the .iso data would be an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504688/burning-a-iso-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

What good software can i use to burn copy protected CDs or DVDs so that nobody can copy it form another computer?

A:CD/DVD Burning

huhhh????

clarification - are you wanting to create copy protected cds/dvds?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-dvd-burning-284118.html
Relevancy 27.52%

hello everyone,my problem is.yesterday 18/10/06 i copied a legal dvd with 1click dvd 4.1
and it copied it perfect, plays on my pc but will not play on my home nec.ndv-23 model player.i no nothing about burning dvds but i do no basic pc the files on the origanal dvd
are video ts-ifo, tsvob, tsbup.how can i make it play on home dvd player.i am in australia
if that makes a differance with player.tia. col.. sorry i forgot to mention when i put the copied dvd in the home dvd player the screen says disc error as i said before it plays perfect on pc.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi

I am using windows xp.

I have a 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability.

Problem: I cannot write to CD. No probelms recording on DVD disk. Nor CD R/W for data.

I use CD primarily to make Music CD's. But for the last month, I get a message stating to insert a blank cd. I have purchase different types of CD's but none are recognize.

I use either Nero 6.0, Roxio, windows media, and itunes. I still get the same message.

Can anyone tell me why? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:CD Burning Help

If you have access to another system, move the drive to that system and see if the result is the same there. If it is, it is a failed drive.

I have a Plextor DVD burner here that will no longer burn DVDs. Matter of fact, I have had three Plextors that failed in warranty and all again just out of warranty. I don't have good luck with Plextors. It does fine at reading DVDs and CDs but will burn only CDs. The drives use different heads for CDs and DVDs so it is understandable it will fail on CD and not on DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-help.684134/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I would like to know how you can take a file that?s on a DVD disk, like a game, copy it and burn it onto 2 CDR's. Does anyone know how I can do that and what program would I use to do that? Thank you in advance for your input.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-38358.html
Relevancy 27.52%

whenever i burn a cd using WMP, it always has to put that 2 second gap there... is there a way to go around? thanx

A:WMP CD burning

WMP = Windows Media Player

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27876/wmp-cd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi everyone I hope I'm posting in the best category for my issue I have Windows DVD's Burning Vista and I'm trying to burn DVD video that is rather lengthy The videos are Burning DVD's each Burning DVD's about to hours long Generally there are - files avi files for every movie The first couple I did just fine using Easy DVD Creator Starting with the third however I began having problems because the content was longer than was supported by a gb DVD So to try to resolve this issue I bought a pack of TDK gb hour DVD's In Easy DVD Creator I'm still getting the same error I've also tried other programs and they generally state I don't have enough space I've even tried Windows DVD Creator I had to download K-Lite Codec Pack to get it to quot work quot and it goes to of the encoding process then gives me an quot unspecified error quot Is there something I need to do to burn these DVD's I want them to play in a DVD-player not trying to burn data discs I could likely split the files using Windows Movie Maker maybe but I don't see why I can't fit an hours onto a hour DVD Is there some sort of editing I need to do Do I need to convert them to something other than AVI files Windows DVD Maker even states before burning I have minutes free on the DVD and my project doesn't come very close to that so I'm a little confused

A:Burning DVD's

Hi see this it may do it for you How to Use DVD Flick to Burn a DVD | eHow.co.uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-dvds-633429.html
Relevancy 27.52%

how much RAM will I need to stop my m/c going extremly slow when burning more than 550mb files? At the moment I have 512mb, is this enough?

A:dvd burning

512mb is enough. What type of files are you burning though? If it's just a straight burn of a file then it's pretty straight forward. If you're burning video and the burning process also involves encoding/converting the video to your desired format, then this has a greater affect on resources. One of the biggest drains actually. What burning software are you using and what type of disc are you making out of what type of file format?
Also, what's a "m/c" or am I having a moment?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.380867/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been trying to burn movies. Can anyone tell me how to burn movies. What software? Please don't give the illegal jargon.

A:DVD Burning

There is a program that I use called Magic DVD Ripper that lets me copy movies to my hard drive and then I use Ashampoo Movie Shrink and Burn 2 to fit the whole video onto 1 CD. If you use any movie copying program make sure that you have plenty of space on your hard drive because depending on the format you copy it into the file could take up as much as 10 GB.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21352/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

im not sure if need to dl a dvd program but i was able to burn video clips on to a CD-R and now i cant seem to burn video clips on to a CD-R or a DVD+R

here are one of the properties of a video clip

i tried using dvd shrink but it doesnt seem to work well, i used windows media player for burning before and now it doesnt work

on my CD drive (F: ) it says
DVD RW compatc disc rewriteable
R/W rewriteable
just wanted to make sure that i have enough info

Relevancy 27.52%

My windows 8 does not respond when I hit the "burn to cd" button. Can anyone help, Thanks!

A:Please help with burning a cd

Windows CD burner is not too good program. Suggest using this instead: https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/...rning-Studio-6

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49987-please-help-burning-cd.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I burn cd's and DVD's often but I have been having the issue lately of not being able to see whats on the cd/dvd unless I reboot my whole system. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this problem??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.510166/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Canon Camcorder with the DV tape. I have a 1394 hook-up that I use to download my tapes to my computer. I have tried several different methods to burn the VCD but can't get any to play in my DVD player that plays VCD. I had the movie in media files, mepg-1, etc. All will play on my computer but none on a DVD player. I mainly use the Nero software package to download and to convert files to burn the VCD. Any ideas of how I can get a VCD that will play?

Relevancy 27.52%

I recently loaded my music into WMP. The tag info was automatically retrieved and saved to the Library. The track information in my library is accurate. The problem is when I burn music from the library to a CD and play it back in the car the Artist and Song Title don't appear as it plays. When I open the file on the CD it does not have the track info on it. How do I get the CD's I burn to include the track information? All music was purchased through ITunes and I'm using Windows 8.1

Stu

A:Burning CD's with WMP

You have to burn "Disk at Once" (DAO) and enable writing to get the titles on CD's, if you are making standard audio CD's with wav files and not MP3 CD's. MP3's are burned like data CD's . I do a lot of CD burning as I have a recording studio but I use Norton "Burning ROM" CD burning program and it has all the options. I don't know if WMP has all those options but check what is available.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60112-burning-cds-wmp.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I just did some research on the net and found out that an update is in the works for WMP to add the "Burn at once" feature. As far as gapless playing or recording goes I can say that the free copy of "Virtual DJ" allows for gapless and overlapping for playback and record. It's also great for simple editing example (I downloaded a copy of Johnny Burnette's "Dreamin'" and the lead in to the song was studio chit chat. I edited to the first note past the talk and it came out perfect!). You can do a lot with Virtual DJ free version but the mic is enabled with the paid version.

Stu

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60155-burning-cds-wmp.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I have burn some CDs of 74Min 650MB. Now, I'm planning to burn CDs of 80Min 700MB. I'm just wondering when burning a CD-R of 80Min 700MB, is it the drive that's supporting it or the software? or are all drives able to burn onto 80MB CD w/ the support of the software?

thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

every time i try and burn a data CD, my computer pops up a blue screen like 20% into it. The screen says "irql_less_then_or_equal. i can burn audio cd's with the same program. anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I use xp and windows media player. Why is it that when I burn cd's, I usually get about half way through and then I get a message that it won't work because the speed is too high? I lower the speed andstill have problems. Many times, songs are only recorded halfway. Sometimes, songs are skipped. I relize this is vauge info, so I guess I am asking for the best method of burning cd's using xp, and any tips that might help. Thanks JD

A:burning cd's

What application are you using to burn the disks?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13094/burning-cds/
Relevancy 27.52%

im running windows xp. when i try to burn a file to dvd all i get is a message saying destination folder is the same as source folder. please can someone help im getting so frustrated.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hey all, I have Nero 6, which came with my drive I purchased
I try to burn a dvd(in nero startsmart, I picked "burn dvd-video files") but it asks me for some file types I have never heard of (.bup, .vob,.ifo). Most of the files I have are .avi and mpg, mpeg and wmv, is there a way to convert them so this will work? Help is appreciated......

Also, I would be willing to get another program to burn dvd's that anyone recommends....

Relevancy 27.52%

I used to have CD/RW Software Easy CD Creator 4.02E but once I up graded to XP I couldn't use it. So I dowloaded and now have the upgraded full version of WinDVD and Roxio. Things seem to work great. My only problem is that I had a couple CD's that I never closed because I was stilling adding my hotmail emails to it.....but now that I have a new software/OS, it won't read that disk. Has anyone ever come across that problem and have they resolved that problem? I'd hate to lose what I have tried to save.

Thanks!

A:Burning CD's

IsoBuster is free and might allow you to read the CDs so you can copy them to the HD: http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.129543/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have not done any DVD burning except for bootable disks so am at a loss at what to pick for software - preferably free - to copy some old and newish DVD's as take away copies.

So can anyone please suggest some software that might suit as a Google lists a cast like Ben Hur and I don't really know what I am supposed to be looking for

A:DVD burning

Personally i use burnaware free for all my stuff, its basic and pretty lightweight providing it does the functions your after
BurnAware Free - Free Burning Software for Windows

I use it burn mp3/audio discs and burn iso etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/273764-dvd-burning.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I've done this before w/Nero but it's been awhile so I've forgotten how to do it. Which Nero (Express, Burning ROM, NeroVision, etc.) do I use?

A:Burning pdf.'s

Any of them would probably do - just burn them as a data cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-pdf-s.339992/
Relevancy 27.52%

Arial3 When I try my Windows
Movie Maker CD burn, using a three minute movie and an 80 minute disk
I get an error message: "There is not enough space on your disk for the
selected movie. Please edit your movie for the required length." What
settings are required??

A:CD Burning

The 80 minute limit on CDs refers to standard audio CD playing time. It has nothing to do with videos.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.340958/
Relevancy 27.52%

i'm having problems burning files 2 a disc i can download but can't burn 2 disc i have a emachine computer windows xp

Relevancy 27.52%

What program do I use to burn an ISO file. I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 Basic edition and I can't do it with that program. Which program do I use will Nero Burning Work or a new version of Easy Cd Creator or another program... Please suggest one that will work the file right now is called Windows 2000 Operating System.iso its 370mb also when you mention which program to use let me know the procedure on how to make a disk. I hear that iso files should be burned on disk.

A:ISO Needs Burning

Nero will do it: http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse231/How to burn the iso's%20provided%20by%20CSE%20in%20NERO.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iso-needs-burning.122725/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello everyone.

I just have a question to see if this is possible or even legal.

I have one of those DVR cable box's on TV, I know there is a USB port on the front of it for a camera and such, and I haven't looked on the back yet.

Is it possible or even legal to hook to computer and burd DVD's of shows and movies??