Windows Support Forum

Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection upgrade issues

Q: Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection upgrade issues

I have an Asus P8P67 pro mobo with the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection network adapter built in. It currently is using ver 11 driver.
I found the latest driver (PROWinx64.exe) to update it (I'm having some issues).
When I try to update it, I get an error box that says:

"The installed version of Intel Proset is not supported for upgrades. You must uninstall it before installing this version".

When I go to Device Manager to uninstall the Gigabit Network Connection in order to install this update...Windows re-installs it before I can run the update. Thus I can't update the driver. How do I stop Windows 7 from automatically updating this driver so that I will have time enough to manually update it with the downloaded newer driver?

I'm Running Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection upgrade issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection upgrade issues

Uninstall through Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Uninstalling through the Device Manager is only temporary and does not actually get rid of the driver. Basically, it just disconnects the device from the driver. As you found out it will reinstall itself every time you restart the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-r-82579v-gigabit-network-connection-upgrade-issues.191475/
Relevancy 103.23%

Hi,
When I start my pc the internet connection doesn't want to work and gives this message:
The Intel(R)82579V Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware - relatedproblems
But when I restart the pc, it works fine. This has been going on for a while now. My hard drive crashed 2 weeks ago and after replacing it and having the whole pc programmed by an IT company, it still gives the same problem and I have to restart again. I'm
worried that all the restarting will cause damage?
Also, after the reprogramming, my pc is very slow while using photo editing programmes such as LR6 & Photomatix.
Thanks in advance
Malan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dcd9acc7-665c-4f00-9726-c860725dee6e/the-intelr82579v-gigabit-network-connection-adapter-is-experiencing-driver-or-hardware-?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 98.47%

Stupid question.....

What is the purpose of the intel 82566DC gigabit network connection.

I'm just wondering if it is a wireless adapter??

I hope not, because I have been using a d link wireless USB adapter. I hope I'm not using two of the same thing!!

A:what is the intel 82566DC gigabit network connection

This is the hardwired network connection for use in a desktop pc. It is for use in connecting via a hardwire, (Cat5e, or better yet Cat6), connection to a router/modem for access to the Internet.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/279897-what-intel-82566dc-gigabit-network-connection.html
Relevancy 98.47%

In the device manager network adapters the Intel 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection has a yellow exclamation mark. Under Properties I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" Anybody knows what it means and how the problem can be solved? Thanks!

A:Intel 82566 Gigabit Network Connection

Hi caracostis and welcome to Vista Forums

The error message, This device cannot start. (Code 10) indicates a problem with the currently installed device driver. To correct this, click the Update Driver button on the Driver tab to run the Update Driver Software wizard. Don't try to automatically find a driver. Instead, choose the manual option, and then select the device.

Here is a link to the latest driver from Intel:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292001-intel-82566-gigabit-network-connection.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi trying to install latest driver for my Network Adapter amp I must be doing something wrong Found at Intel this driver which appears to be most current Network Adapter Gigabit Base Driver for FreeBSD File name em- tar gz amp I used -Zip to Extract Here which created a file name of em- tar then used -Zip again to Extract Here or untar I suppose to create em- However all that driver 82567-2 Intel Gigabit Can't Connection? for install Network exists in the newly created em- folder is an src file amp a couple of readme's In other words there is no Application as I would expect to see in a driver install Don't see in the src file any names like I did from Device Manger try to update the driver by browsing to the src file Can't install driver for Intel 82567-2 Gigabit Network Connection? amp was told Can't install driver for Intel 82567-2 Gigabit Network Connection? I already had the best driver installed Currently the driver I have installed is dated version amp is provided by Microsoft Any idea what I am doing wrong Did I unzip untar inappropriately thank you richie

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44418-cant-install-driver-intel-82567-2-gigabit-network-connection.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I've been looking for the latest driver for this for while, as I've been having a lot of networking issues with this component. Driver Agent and Version Tracker say it's not the latest version, but I don't know where else to turn than here, as I'm still having problems. I have the February 8th PROset Intel drivers straight from their site, does anybody know if there are more recent drivers?

A:Drivers for Intel 5266DC Gigabit Network Connection Adapter

Some help anybody?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-intel-5266dc-gigabit-network-connection-adapter.755806/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all,

My new computer has a problem with the on-board gigabit ethernet it keeps dropping network connection every few minutes. I have tried many things including:

1) Updated Asus P8P67 BIOS

2) Updated Intel 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Connection Drivers from ASUS and INTEL

3) Changed adapter properties

- Recieve Side Scaling

- Gigabit Master Slave Mode to Force Slave Mode from default auto

- Interrupt Moderation from enabled to disabled

- Turned off IPV6

Nothing has had any effect. It has been such an annoying problem, I really was hoping to find a fix for this sooner as I know other people have had similar issues. Does anyone have any other ideas because I would like to use the only ethernet connection sometime in the near future. Having to run of an WPN11 netgear usb adapter at the moment.

Thanks

A:Intel 82579V issue

Uninstalled then re-installed using latest driver? Boot from an Ubuntu disk and see if you have internet access via the suspect network port. If you don't then probably your nic is knackered. Is it still in guaranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-82579v-issue.172440/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an issue with loading the driver and startup for the Intel 82579V Network Card. I have updated drivers and bios for my board and equipment and the device does not load at startup. There are 2 fixes I have found: 1) Do d restart when the Windows 10
sign-in screen appears (and it reboots slowly but loads the device); and 2) press windows-X; device driver; highlight the device and hit "scan for hardware changes - and it loads immediately. I have read as many posts as I can fine and tried various things
but am stuck as is. This all started with the last Win10 uodate.
My MB is an Intel DH67CL
Processor is I7-2770K.
Thanks for any help as I would love to just start-up and go.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b6f8004-d382-414a-a3e4-f2c6670f80ef/windows-10-and-intel-82579v?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I have recently purchased a new system and since the first time I booted it up the on board gigabit network card is unable to start I get the following error when in device manager Code Device cannot start code In order for the device to work whilst in device manager I must uninstall the driver and then scan for hardware changes Doing this re-installs the driver and the network card will connect to the network All is fine I'm running an Asus P Z -V with a Intel Core i K and a Corsair GB DDR Vengeance The on board network card is an Intel LM I have already updated the BIOS to the latest version and (Code 10) 825879LM - Network Gigabit Intel Cannot Card start I have tried installing the latest drivers from ASUS and Intel directly with no luck Interestingly I only will get this error on a cold boot if I sleep or restart the computer Intel 825879LM Gigabit Network Card - Cannot start (Code 10) I do not get this issue and the network card connects automatically which is why I'm thinking its probably a software driver issue Just wondering if anyone else has any further ideas to try and debug this

A:Intel 825879LM Gigabit Network Card - Cannot start (Code 10)

update the network driver.
First, download the network card driver from manufactuer's website, Intel Download Center
Then reinstall the driver:
Click the Start Button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Start Menu Search box and press Enter.
Double click to expand "Network adaptors".
Right click your network card and click Uninstall.
Check "Delete driver software for this device" check box, click OK.
Restart the computer
If windows does not auto configure the appropriate drivers at startup, install the downloaded one manually.
If it does not work, Go for a System Restore.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264453-intel-825879lm-gigabit-network-card-cannot-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I've been getting e Having 82579V with Update trouble Intel Utility for NVM cexpress errors in Event Viewer Event ID Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Network link is disconnected So I uninstalled my current Intel NIC driver and applied the NVM Update Utility Problem is how do I know if the update has been applied I followed the instructions Having trouble with NVM Update Utility for Intel 82579V to the T and this is what's showing in cmd Quote LVDASKU version Tool to update Lewisvillie NVM ASKU Copyright c Intel Corporation Scanning Ven Dev SVen Sdev Rev ST Device ----------------------------------- C -- Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection U needs updating S shared NVM no update needed update already performed - no update possible No update required To test and see if it's a driver Having trouble with NVM Update Utility for Intel 82579V issue I installed a Having trouble with NVM Update Utility for Intel 82579V older driver After the older driver was installed e cexpress errors don't appear in Event Viewer anymore which leads me to believe it's a driver issue but I'm still curious how do I tell if the NVM Update was applied or not Seems like an issue with and the latest driver on Intel's website is Here is a log file Quote quot NVM Move quot table source offset target offset length InstallDriver Testing for existence of driver C Windows system drivers iqvw e sys InstallDriver Writing driver file C Windows system drivers iqvw e sys Begin enumeration of discovered devices Intel R device s were discovered Adapter Bus Device Function ID C Branding Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection MAC Address censored EEPROM size This device's pre-update EEPROM values at key offsets h D h Dh h This device's pre-update Flash values at key offsets This device matches the match section Value read from C This is an V device There are device s that match the required inputs Of these need s updating This device's NVM EEPROM will not be updated This device's Flash will not be updated Deleting file C Windows system drivers iqvw e sys

A:Having trouble with NVM Update Utility for Intel 82579V

This seems to be a timing issue with the new drivers and not a real problem as far as I can tell.
If you go to the Network and Sharing center and select Change adapter settings.

Then right click on the adapter and select Properties.
Select Configure
Select the advanced Tab

Scroll down to Wait for Link and change the value to ON.

This will eliminate the error message.

From the description:
"On: Driver does wait for automatic detection or negotiation. If the adapter is not set to automatically detect or negotiate speed, the driver waits for a short time for link to complete and then reports the link state."

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/303723-having-trouble-nvm-update-utility-intel-82579v.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Ok so I just got a used Intel Dual Gigabit PRO PT PCIE network adapter My Hardware is as follows Intel i k ASUS Z V-PRO mobo GB Ram AMD Radeon HD video card Audigy ZS PCI sound card I dual network PCIE working! not Intel gigabit adapter PT 1000/pro have Intel dual gigabit 1000/pro PT PCIE network adapter not working! the most up to date BIOS on the motherboard So I installed the network adapter into of my free pcie slots In BIOS I disable the onboard LAN adapter Load into windows and I get a new hardware installation message saying that the drivers for my quot Xeon processor E - v rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port - quot has been installed and ready That is my first WTF I try to install the newest Intel drivers provided by the Intel website I get an error saying quot There is no Intel Network Adapter installed on your computer quot error nd WTF I have no tried numerous combinations of using my nd free pcie slot in the mobo no change in situation THe odd thing is is that on the network card when its plugged in and computer turned on the green lights on the ports are on solid not flashing as I have no cable in them yet So I dont think the card is dead The Intel dual gigabit 1000/pro PT PCIE network adapter not working! card was used but looked to be in perfect condition What is the problem can anyone help I cant find any other people having many issues with these cards online

A:Intel dual gigabit 1000/pro PT PCIE network adapter not working!

Just a guess but I think your Intel Dual Gigabit 1000/PRO PT PCIE was designed to work with a Xeon processor and a matching motherboard.
I believe it would be completely different circuitry from your motherboard and cpu.

Intel? PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter Product Brief

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366226-intel-dual-gigabit-1000-pro-pt-pcie-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Diagnostic Results Warnings ErrorSymptom Device cannot start Cause A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from starting properly Details The device Intel R LC Gigabit Network Connection cannot start properly It may not have the correct Connection, properly. Network start Help! cannot Gigabit driver installed or may be experiencing a hardware failure The Plug and Play ID for this device is Resolution Verify the correct driver is installed Try updating the drivers using Windows Update Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager Related Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device ManagerManage Devices in WindowsSymptom Device cannot start Cause A device has a configuration problem that prevents it Gigabit Network Connection, cannot start properly. Help! from starting properly Details The device Intel R LC Gigabit Network Connection cannot start properly It may not have the correct driver installed or may be experiencing a hardware failure The Plug and Play ID for this device is PCI VEN -DEV EB-SUBSYS -REV - - -C Resolution Verify the correct driver is installed Try updating the drivers using Windows Update Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager Related Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device ManagerManage Devices in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389913-gigabit-network-connection-cannot-start-properly-help.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I m Solved: "Local connect won't Area Connection" Intel to 82566 Gigabit new to the forums Here is the deal My Desktop which Solved: Intel 82566 Gigabit won't connect to "Local Area Connection" is an HP Solved: Intel 82566 Gigabit won't connect to "Local Area Connection" computer bought from Bestbuy was working fantastic until a week ago The video card died although at the time I did not know I had done a system restore to the factory image and reinstalled some basic programs Mozilla CCleaner Steam before it had a second meltdown and would not boot at all During this small timeframe of approximately about one day the internet WAS fully functional Fast forward a week I have gotten a friend of mine to replace the video card with an NVIDIA GTS However now that I have my machine back it is still in the same state as it was POST system restore So I still have my basic programs installed and the new drives for my new video card are working However I have zero connection to the internet at all I do not have a wireless card to my knowledge but hard-wiring always worked before My machine no longer recognizes that it is connected to the internet at all it can find no connections or networks Even though my laptop is on the very same connection although wireless Whenever I try and find a connection I get the following message The network adapter quot Local Area Connection quot is not correctly configured to use the IP protocol I can perform two actions which would be updating drivers or making sure that my quot Internet Protocol Versions and are selected in the configuration for Local Area Connection quot I have already updated the drivers and it did a total of nothing I have no idea what to do at this point and I have been working on this for approximately hours now Frustrated please help me nbsp

A:Solved: Intel 82566 Gigabit won't connect to "Local Area Connection"

I should add that I am using Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit) as an operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-82566-gigabit-wont-connect-to-local-area-connection.954891/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all I cannot work out what could be causing a network card to only connect at mbps full duplex The setup card stuck (Gigabit connection Network installed)... at 100Mbps of the office is as follows Network connection stuck at 100Mbps (Gigabit card installed)... WAN - gt Router Mbps Fibre Router - gt Switch Mbps port Switch - gt Patch Panel Cat e Cable Switch port configured to Auto Patch Panel - gt Floor Port Cat e Cable Floor Port - gt PC Cat e Cable but PC will only Network connection stuck at 100Mbps (Gigabit card installed)... register Mbps I have tried to set the PC to Mbps Full Duplex through the NIC Properties page I have tried forcing the Switch to broadcast at Network connection stuck at 100Mbps (Gigabit card installed)... Mbps on the relevant port Either of the above just show no network connection when set to Mbps I have tried changing the network cables I have disabled and re-enabled the NIC from the BIOS I have uninstalled the NIC driver from windows inc deleting the files and then allowing windows to install the driver fresh followed by a windows update for a newer driver version Despite all the above the PC will not connect at Mbps The PC is a Lenovo M z Win Pro x GB RAM NIC Card Intel DM Gigabit Network Connection Any ideas on what to do

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389328-network-connection-stuck-100mbps-gigabit-card-installed.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Cannot get gigabit performance out of Nics in Win Locked mbps My motherboard is an Evga Sli Am motherboard with dual gigabit nics Having established that there is really no benefit to in network. stuck at Gigabit 100mbps Gigabit nic using both nics at the same time in another post I am now posting because it seems I am only getting mbps out of my nics even though all the cables in the network are cat e and both the router and switch in the network are gigabit capable I started researching this problem some time back on the net and came across threads where other folks were able to resolve by installing their specific Gigabit nic stuck at 100mbps in Gigabit network. network driver from mobo maker as opposed to the network driver bundled with chipset from nvidia I did some footwork then with drivers and was able to get my machine running at full gigabit speeds It ran this way for the past few weeks Gigabit nic stuck at 100mbps in Gigabit network. then when transfering a gb file from one machine on the network to another the other day noticed that the speed was locked at mbps I went under task manager network and noticed that the speed was back to mbps I am posting here to see if anyone has any advice The only option on my nic controller config and the one I used to get it working before is auto negotiate Gigabit is not listed Any help greatly appreciated

A:Gigabit nic stuck at 100mbps in Gigabit network.

I am guessing you checked this already, but can't hurt to post the info in case not.

Right click your network adapter in the device manager. Choose properties. Then advanced. For the link speed/duplex mode, choose 1000 mbps/full duplex or whatever setting is the closest to that. I don't have gigabit network so I can't say exactly. Also, if an update for the firmware of your router is available, that is always good to install.

If both nics are onboard, try disabling one of them (if not in use) in the bios or device manager.

Here's my settings though, where I'm saying to look. I know you said auto-negotiate is the only option. You're sure about that after checking again, right? Weird problem, heh. Perhaps another machine on the network is set to 100 mbps, thus defaulting your router to work at this speed also?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/24085-gigabit-nic-stuck-100mbps-gigabit-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have some scanner management software that requires Windows 98 in order to function. The only PC we have available is a Dell Precision 360. Unfortunately, Dell doesn't offer driver downloads for Windows 98. The NIC is listed as an Intel Gigabit LOM. Any help finding a driver that will work would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, updating from Win7 to Win 10 the Microsoft Driver is used for my Intel 82577LM Ethernet Adapter.As WakeOnLan doesn't work, I would like to get the Intel driver to work. I tried the following Intel driverhttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/25016/Netzwerkadaptertreiber-f-r-Windows-10But got an error message: Driver could not be installed. No Intel Adapter found. Has anyone a solution to this issue. ThanksNick  

A:Driver for Intel 82577LM Gigabit Ethernet for Win 10

Hi, Nick: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W7 driver from your notebook's support and driver page. On some of the PC's I have installed W10 on, I needed to use the latest available drivers from the support page to get all the features of the hardware to work. For example:  I have a HP dc7800 CMT with the soundmax HD audio. W10 installed a working driver, but it did not work as well as the W7 soundmax audio driver from the dc7800 support page.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Driver-for-Intel-82577LM-Gigabit-Ethernet-for-Win-10/td-p/5598876
Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings. As the onboard netadapter gave me an unsatified speed (systeminterrups maxed out one core of the CPU), and after searching for a better driver, I gave up and got a PCIe Intel(R) Gigabit CT-desktopadapter.
This adapter has the same problem!! And I can't find any driver for this either!
I have been looking here:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...esktop+Adapter
But only some tools shows up, no driver at all. And not even these tools I can get to work/show up.

All this started with windows 8.1. What can I do? (except going back to windows 7 ultimate)

A:Intel gigabit CT-desktopadapter - missing driver

Hi Burgurne,

If you have Java installed, you can try this Intel Driver Update Utility which should find the driver you require. Note that I have not yet tested it on 8.1 but I'm guessing it should work for you:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

Good luck and I hope this helps you.

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/35153-intel-gigabit-ct-desktopadapter-missing-driver.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey! I got a problem with my networkcard... couple days ago it just went down, rebooted my pc and it worked again..just thought it might be cos of some updates..
Today it happened again, installed vista service pack 1 but didnt help anything so i found out this messege "Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Platform lan connect, this unit cannot start (code 10)"... it has latest uptades but i reinstalled the drivers and its still the same..

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

A:Intel(R) 82566DC Gigabit Platform Lan Connect fail

If you downloaded the driver from Windows Update then that may be the issue. Install the driver from Intel's website: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...strOSs=163&OSFullName=Windows Vista*&lang=eng

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-r-82566dc-gigabit-platform-lan-connect-fail.850178/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm out of ideas Tried several different drivers and settings Using a fresh install of Windows RC The drivers all seem to quot work quot by which I GT Intel Gigabit Adapter Ethernet Desktop Pro/1000 mean Windows has no problem with them but no driver I've tried will let the card actually talk with anything It keeps trying to find Intel Pro/1000 GT Gigabit Desktop Ethernet Adapter a DHCP address and always comes up with a address Even when I specify a static IP it still won't see anything on the network DHCP is working for my on board NIC and this card works in my XP installation on this same PC The driver that seems to quot work quot the best so far is this Download HP Intel PRO Gigabit Driver Rev C for Vista Driver for Windows Vista - Softpedia With that driver I actually get all of the nifty features in the driver properties page and I've run all of it's diagnostic tests which all come up green Also worth nothing I had this same problem with Windows Beta Any ideas Thanks Matt

A:Intel Pro/1000 GT Gigabit Desktop Ethernet Adapter

Hi mmseng,
Even though it should not matter I wonder what happens if you to go the properties of that network card and uncheck the box for I.P. v6 and just leave I.P.v4 checked? Make sure the Network card does not have a static I.P. set ( I assume you want to use DHCP) and also make sure your router is setup correctly.

I'm thinking maybe you had a static I.P. set on your network card when you had XP installed and when you installed Windows 7 it got wiped out. Maybe your router is set to use static I.P.? hmmm
Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/9737-intel-pro-1000-gt-gigabit-desktop-ethernet-adapter.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone,

I am at a loss for ideas and I am asking for any expert hardware personal for assistance, I have a HP

Relevancy 61.49%

So, I have been searching everywhere for an answer. Either nothing solved the problem or solved on its own. I have a Windows XP service pack 2 I believe with an Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection. For the past two days it has either not connected at all, had limited to no connectivity status, or connected (as it currently is) but will not let me go on the internet. I have done ipconfig/release and /renew, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and the winsock thing with no progress. I'm not sure what is going on. I'm using a college campus wired connection. I'm hoping this isn't the problem considering it will take a while to get fixed. (We have an overworked IT department.) Oh and I even changed ethernet cable cords.

Relevancy 61.49%

Under Device Manager - And under Network Adapters - I have Dlink Air (which is the one i am curently using) and under that is intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection - How can I permanetely delete this out? i have right clicked on the intel name in device manager then clicked uninstall, then its gone, but when i restart my computer, it shows back up.

A:intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection isusue...

Why would you want to delete it? That's the wired network connection. It aint goona go away just cuz you uninstall it, it's physically part of your motherboard more than likely and it can't be pulled off.
So the only recourse is to disable it in the device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-pro-100-ve-network-connection-isusue.432027/
Relevancy 61.49%

I`ve been using Kaperskey `Get System Info`tool to help clean my machine of files that Kaperskey Internet Security 2011 can`t get on with! Amongst other suggestions it wants me to update the above driver. I have downloaded the latest version but the `install wizard` says I must un-install the original first.
Using the search facility on my computer brings up a short cut in the start menu.
Is it safe to un-install the file if I track it down please? The new one is PROWin32.exe.
Regards JohnCe.
Dell Dimension DM051, Pentium 4 3.00GHz, 2.50 GB Ram, XP Media Centre Edition, Ver. 2002, Service Pack 3..

A:Update Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection?

That driver is for Network Connectivity. Are you using a hardwired network?

Are you having a problem with this computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376380/update-intelr-pro100-ve-network-connection/
Relevancy 61.06%

The Windows 8 upgrade from Windows 7 64-bit will not continue until the Intel Network Connections is uninstalled.
However, Intel NC will not uninstall. How can I uninstall Intel NC when the uninstaller won't work? And what are the consequences if I do remove it?

Thanks. Any help appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10762-upgrade-wont-install-until-intel-network-connections-removed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Vista Home Premium computer crashes hard every week or so and then restarts itself. Then it displays the "Problem Reports and Solutions" screen with this message: "Download and install the driver for Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter". Problem is, I don't have this adapter in my computer; I have the Intel 82562GT 10/100 Network Connection, original equipment in my Dell Dimension E520. Its driver is up to date.

What is causing this problem and how do I correct it?

A:Download and install the driver for Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Adapter

Looking at the specs on google, it list your computer as having an onboard adaptor.
Are you using an additional card? If the answer is yes then go into your bios to disable your onboard adaptor.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/188488-download-install-driver-intel-pro-1000-gigabit-adapter.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am have trouble with me Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG connection... ieless adopter does not find any wireless connection, however they are present(i checked it from my second laptop). the router is fine.

Also I am using Windos vista Home Premium 32 bit at Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2515.
I have tried to update drivers for (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection ) but still the problem exist.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

I can't figure out how to get my wireless card in my laptop going. Can't find any drivers or a solution to get it back up again. This problem started right after i installed windows 7 professional 64 bit. Anyone got a solution?

A:Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Please fill in your system specs. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35195-intel-r-pro-wireless-2915abg-network-connection.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

I'm trying to get my local area connection (see title for model) working, but it's telling me of a Code 10. It was working yesterday, but today....no such luck.

I tried replacing the cord, but nothing's happening.

I am running Windows 7 32 bit

Any suggestions?

A:Intel (R) Pro/100/VE Network Connection code 10 issue

find the correct driver and have it available and then
uninstall the device driver
reboot and let Windows auto discover it
If that fails, then reinstall the saved driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-r-pro-100-ve-network-connection-code-10-issue.153382/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am have trouble with me Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG connection... It used to work fine until I formatted my laptop, then recovered it.. All drivers are installed.. or atleast they should be... And I am usuing version 12.2.0.11

I am trying connecting to a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router, for some reason the wireless thing is recognised and can be access from my toolbar.. But when I click to view available wireless networks it can never find any....

I have tired using a USB Wifi thing which worked fine with my router and also my ipod touch connects fine with the router, however my laptops built in wireless will not work).

Also I am using Windos XP Proffesional on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3505

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

I have searched everywhere. I tried a few things said in this forum and others but I am a newbie novice. I got my girlfriend's laptop connected to my wireless router with no problem. But no matter what I do her laptop will not connect to the LAN line. It just says "acquiring network address" over and over. I would tell you what I have tried already but I fear I would say it wrong. So if anyone can help, please! She is giving me another day to figure this out. The LAN was working last week before i fixed the wireless connection.

How can I get her LAN connected? What info do I need to provide?

A:LAN not working but Wireless is!! Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-not-working-but-wireless-is-intel-r-pro-100-ve-network-connection.671460/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I have an Asus U E which has an Intel Centrino Wireless N Wimax network adapter on it This card ran fine the first few months I had it Then I installed Ubuntu with my windows install and ran it dual boot The card worked fine on Windows but I had to make some configuration changes on Ubuntu for it to run I did that and it worked Centrino issues 6150 Intel network adapter fine still Then naively I installed a registry cleaner wise registry cleaner to be exact and some time after installing it Intel Centrino 6150 network adapter issues and running it regularly usually - times a week something went wrong and I started getting this issue with my card What happens is Intel Centrino 6150 network adapter issues the wireless will be functioning for some time perfectly normal and then it will just lose internet connection I will have to disable and re-enable the adapter through Intel Centrino 6150 network adapter issues device manager to get it to work but that only works sometimes most of the time the device just won't start again and I will get the device can not start error in device manager Also when this happens I usually restart my computer and sometimes when I do that or even when I just turn my laptop on or come back from putting it to sleep the adapter is not recognized at all doesn't even show up in device manager What's most odd about that is that the Wimax still shows up on the list of network adapters but the wireless doesn't show up The steps I have taken to try and remedy this issue are re-install the drivers by uninstalling them first from both the asus and intel websites do a fresh install of Windows didn't fix the problem but made it occur a little less and open my laptop casing and unplug and replug the network adapter I'm not sure what to do from here I'm assuming its the card itself at this point that is messed up and my speculations with the registry cleaner causing the issue were just a time coincidence However I want to be certain that is the case instead of going out and spending time and money getting a new network adapter when the problem lies elsewhere Sorry for the lengthy post Any help would be much appreciated

A:Intel Centrino 6150 network adapter issues

Hello and welcome Sphoenix am no expert but one thing I don't ever do is us reg cleaners I use CCleaner to fix reg issues only. Having said that I find it hard to believe that any software would wreck the network card or any other hardware piece for that matter.

You say you have reinstalled 7 just how did you do that/ and have you still got Ubuntu on board? If not then why not make a bootable disk and use the try Ubuntu to see if you can access the net if you can perhaps there is something wrong with your 7 install.

You could also look through the reg for that registry cleaner entries as although unlikely maybe there are remnants left over. But it would be good to know how you re installed the Windows first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273959-intel-centrino-6150-network-adapter-issues.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am trying to update my home computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I already purchased windows 8 for download but I encountered a problem when trying to download.

When running the install the program states I need to uninstall Intel(R) Pro Network Connection 12.1.11.0. However if I uninstall the driver I won't be able to access the internet any longer. Without the Internet I cannot finish the install for windows 8.

An additional note: I have made sure I have the latest updates for the driver.

Does anyone know of a way to fix or work around this problem?

I thought about possibly downloading the driver to a hard drive and then reinstalling after getting windows 8. However it would still not allow me to finish installing without access to the internet.

Thank you for your help in advanced. It seems other people may be having a similar problem but I haven't seen anyone with an answer yet.

A:Windows 8 Install Problem: Intel Network connection?

I'm having the same problem and no one has provided an answer yet. Also, the Intel uninstaller would not uninstall the Intel files and their updater also would not update these files, saying that these files would not work on my computer. But they are there and I didn't put them there!

The whole thing is a catch-22, and I don't see a way around it. I don't want to do a clean install because I want to save my programs and personal files. If this can't be solved, I've wasted $40.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11282-windows-8-install-problem-intel-network-connection.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Intel? PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection NOT WOrking!!
Keeps showing exclamation mark!!! Pls help me

My os is windows vista home premium 32bit
LAptop is IBM thinkpad X30

A:Intel« PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection NOT Working

Hi,

Press the Windows key and R to open the Run dialogue.Type "devmgmt.msc" and press enter. Go past the UAC prompt if necessary.Make sure there are no errors showing, particularly in the networking section. Errors will be obvious, there is no need to hunt for them. Check Other Devices if this catagory exists.Under the Network Adaptors catagory, find the Wireless card and right click on it.Click on Properties.See if any errors are showing here and note down the error code and post here.Under the Driver Tab, click on Update Driver.Click on Search Online and let it finish. Install driver when asked.Note down and post here the model of you wireless network card and your full computer make and model.
If this does not fix the problem, download the drivers from here: Lenovo Support & downloads - Drivers and software - ThinkPad X30, X31, X32

Here is the direct link to the correct drivers for your card and OS. Restart your system after install and see if the problem is fixed: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...s/7kwv50ww.zip

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/274726-intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-network-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone and hope you all are doing well I am not sure if a thread or post like this was already made but I am just seeing what you all might recommend as far as getting the best network equipment or setup that Suggestions? Gigabit Upgrade you all have found to work without having to upgrade to expensive fiber optics which I don t think will work since we use Cable Internet here Sorry but this is going to be a long post to explain the situation And this may lead into other topics or discussions which I would rather see discussions about anything Gigabit Upgrade Suggestions? related to this than no replies comments or suggestions at all I guess this topic would be more towards people who use Cable Internet and maybe what they have found to be a quot better quot setup as far as getting the most out of the speed that is given by using Cable Internet if that makes sense and or for anyone who has tested Gigabit Upgrade Suggestions? different pieces of equipment and have gotten better results i e a certain brand or type of NIC card that works better with a certain Router etc Sorry if any of this sounds jibberish but I am no expert at networking but I do know enough to upgrade the components involved I will tell you what I Gigabit Upgrade Suggestions? have recently bought to upgrade our home network here to gigabit if that is even possible here in the USA I heard from a few places that USA is quot behind the times quot on gigabit technology or the speed of internet in general I suppose but what I am trying to do is get the most out of it if can and if you all have any recommendations about what I can do further or replace a certain piece of equipment with a quot better quot or more useful one then feel free to let me know this is why I have posted it to find out what I can on what I can do even more than I have already All of our Computers here have Windows XP home edition Sp if that helps any The equipment I am about to post is what I have recently bought and is still on it s way here and I may not install any of it soon after it arrives if I get a few good replies or recommendations for something else which may work better than what I have bought in which if I research it further and am convinced then I will return the items for a refund to put towards that new recommended piece Umm I am going to post links to the equipment as well if that is alright if it is against forum rules I will take out the links immediately since they are pointing outside of the forums Ok for starters I looked at upgrading the router to a wireless D-Link DGL- IEEE u IEEE a b g IEEE n Draft Xtreme N Gaming Router http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E That way we can have wireless capability like we haven t had here before and also have gigabit as an option for the ports on the back Then I looked at getting a nice NIC card that has gigabit as an option as well since I ve heard it helps out the cpu when you put an actual NIC card in and I am not too sure if the motherboard s onboard NIC support gigabit or not I was going to get the Killer NIC M for one computer and alot less expensive ones for the other computers http www bigfootnetworks com killer-nic-m The other NIC cards that I am trying out with this setup if I end up staying with it is the D-Link DGE- T Gigabit PCI Adapter I thought that perhaps the router being a D-link and having a D-link NIC might work alot better than just buying a random NIC card I am not sure what the best features to look for in a NIC card are for smoothness and hardly any lag when downloading or transferring files would be if they state any features http www dlink com products pid The other NIC I am trying out in this setup is Intel Pro MT Gigabit Desktop PCI Network Card http www intel com network connectivity products pro mt server adapter htm I ve heard that this NIC has alot of quot features quot and is pretty good and I thought that it might work better since my graphics card is an Nvidia and usually I ve a... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Can anyone help me with an issue I am having with my local network I connected a Western Digital GB USB HDD to my Netgear N router via the USB readyshare connection so that everyone on the network can have access BUT While I can see and access the readyshare HDD from my laptop running win I cant see or access the readyshare HDD network - connection Network issues storage from my HTC Android phone or my WDTV Live Media Hub The WDTV is connected to the router via Ethernet and successfully connects to the internet all other devices connect using wireless access I have the latest firmware I performed a search the other day through google and it appears I may need to download an app Network connection issues - network storage for the phone to have access Network connection issues - network storage to the readyshare HDD I can connect the readyshare HDD directly to the WDTV but it means swapping and changing everytime I want access from a different device I have been unable to locate any documentation from Netgear or Western Digital I would love to smooth out the crinkles on this one as I have plans to upgrade the network storage and incorporate a new desktop into the network Any ideas

A:Network connection issues - network storage

Hi gemini2010, how about using 'SkyDrive', I can access it from anywhere but the app is not installed on any of my computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269791-network-connection-issues-network-storage.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Most times after my PC has booted the Gigabit Connection LAN Speed Problem Local Area Connection Status dialogue box shows a connection speed of only Mbps instead of the Gbps that it is designed to run at My PC does occasionally connect at Gbps on a cold boot usually after I ve run a registry optimisation programme This shows me that it is actually capable of running at Gbps but usually upon a reboot it defaults to Mbps again It also occasionally and spontaneously changes its connection speed from Mbps to Gbps upon Resume from Sleep mode i e say after a cold boot it runs at Mbps as per Gigabit LAN Connection Speed Problem usual if I then put it into Sleep Mode for a while Gigabit LAN Connection Speed Problem and wake it up again it sometimes resumes showing a connection speed of Gbps I have carried out all the checks BIOS upgrades suggested by Gigabyte for my motherboard with no change I have replaced the Ethernet cable with a new CAT E cable that I know supports Gbps connection speeds I use a Netgear GS -port Gigabit Switch on my LAN which shows me when my LAN connection is running at Gbps green LED and when it s running at Mbps orange LED I observe that during a cold boot the LED flashes green or times and then defaults to a steady orange colour i e Mbps by which time the Log In screen has appeared It s as if the system attempts to load the gigabit driver which fails and so it resorts to the Mbps driver I think this may be a driver issue but I don t know how to tackle it My PC's network card driver details Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Any ideas will be gratefully received Thank you for reading all this through Tim

A:Gigabit LAN Connection Speed Problem

Do you have more than one NIC (Ethernet) on your motherboard? My Gigabyte motherboard has two, an Intel and Atheros 8151. If yours has more than one, try the other and see what happens.

As you have a switch, between your PC and the modem, can you connect directly to the modem - at least for testing to see how it reacts connected directly to the modem.

Registry "optimization", cleaners, PC speed ups, repairers, or whatever they are called can cause more problems than they claim to fix or speed up. NEVER use one and especially in Windows 7 and Windows 8. Most "techies" consider them in the "snake oil" category. I do PC repair and I've had to fix several clients PC's after running these so called registry programs. Even the one with Ccleaner.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311250-gigabit-lan-connection-speed-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have gotten my house all networked via WIFI using a Lynksis GL and I am getting great networking with it Right now I have a couple of laptops and PCs and one Home Theater PC connected to each other and a printer I am building a server and want to have it attached to the HTPC photography computer and printer via LAN I was hoping by having a Gigabit Lan equipped MOBO would allow me to get Gigabit speeds by adding the right wires Upon looking Gigabit Network into it I realized my Router only has mbs speeds So I looked at Wired Gigabit routers and Newegg only had in Gigabit Network total starting at and going up from there Being so few Gigabit routers I can t imagine many people are using gigabit networks Is anyone running a Gigabit network What does it take can I just add the wired router Just wondering the speed increases i should expect from hard-wiring everything Would creating a LAN double my speed from WIFI then Gigabit make that times faster than that or are these just potential throughputs I have another project on another house that I wired years ago with Cat not E Is there a reason to upgrade the cable there nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I just installed 2 D-Link Gigabit switches into my home network. The network connections all register as being "Gigabit" (through windows network center) yet when I ran PassMark, all I'm getting is an average of 64.51 Mbits/Sec (max 65.5Mbit/Sec).

used online converter to check my numbers:
http://www.unitconversion.org/data-storage/megabits-to-gigabits-conversion.html

How can this be?

1000Mbit = 1Gbits
65.5Mbits = 0.063964844Gbits

that's horrible!
update: I direct connected my laptop to my desktop and ran again. I'm still only seeing 65.5Mbits/Sec. I tried several different cables, all Cat5e. What am I missing?

Relevancy 56.33%

I have 1 gigabit internet I upgraded to about 6 months ago and the upgrade was huge in real life performance especially bandwidth/ping. The speeds never get throttled and my house is full 4-5 people on 1 router. BUT..... My download speeds are meh compared to the budget basic internet package. I know my PC is somewhat out of date on hardwire as its a software updated 2013 model. My ethernet is a Realtek PCI FE 10/100 setup and my wireless is a basic 802.11n Broadcom.

Right now I'm wired with a ethernet cable capable of more than I can through at it. My router is a 2.4/5 ghz router and I think reach 750 Mbps, not sure on exact speeds. The tech at the house said he got 900 Mbps wired.

So from my understanding I have 3 options for upgrades.

1. Ethernet Adapter
2. Usb Dongle
3. 802.11AC Internal mini half card

Just want to fix my bottleneck as its my computer. Service, Router, and wiring/location are great

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57434-want-upgrade-wired-wireless-match-1-gigabit-speeds.html
Relevancy 56.33%

ello folks
a friend of mine now has a gigabit connection but can only get 400Mb download when tested via speedtest.net. while the engineer was installing everything he noted speeds of 700Mb on the laptop used for the setup.

could any of you suggest how he would go about getting better speeds? would the lower speeds be due to the realtek network card he has?
any suggestions on how to get the best connection speeds would be very much apreciated.
cheers folk s

A:gigabit connection but can only get 400Mb on speed test

solved thanks. he bought a seperate network card and now gets full speeds

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255812-gigabit-connection-but-can-only-get-400mb-speed-test.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all Like many of you I am having networking issues with Windows Pro I did a clean install on Saturday from Windows XP and started having issues drops. Gigabit PCI Help? Card- connection Dynex staying getting connected to the internet with my motherboard's ASUS A NVM-CSM on board Dynex Gigabit PCI Card- connection drops. Help? Nvidia nForce networking controller After seeing that others were having the same problem I bought a new card Dynex Gigabit PCI Card which installed perfectly and disabled the other Dynex Gigabit PCI Card- connection drops. Help? one Now I'm running into issues of my connection dropping sometimes every minutes and the only way to get it back instantly is to do ipconfig renew When I do the troubleshooter it tells me there's something wrong with the connectivity of my modem or router which is impossible I say this because I live with roommates who are all using different operating systems Vista XP Mac OS X Leopard and they haven't had connection problems either There are two routers in the house a Netgear and a Cisco and I haven't a problems with either of those when I was on XP and my roommates aren't having issues with it either Any ideas or settings I might be able to change on this card I've tried drivers and changing cables out making sure Windows doesn't turn off the network card to save power etc Let me know if you need more information

A:Dynex Gigabit PCI Card- connection drops. Help?

Welcome to Seven Forums, Moxie.

I just installed a Dynex PCI GigaBit card in one of my systems.

Check "Device Manager" (from the search box in the orb) and see if it has the Dynex drivers loaded. Mine had Realtek drivers. I downloaded the Dynex drivers from their site - Dynex :: Products For Your Digital Life - Dynex PCI Gigabit Ethernet Card unzipped the file, and did an "Upgrade Driver" > "Have Disk". then browsed to the WinVista folder and the appropriate sub-folder (64 bit in your case) and loaded in the driver.

So far, works like a champ. (crossed fingers typing here. )

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35107-dynex-gigabit-pci-card-connection-drops-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an Acer Aspire AXC-603G and I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It kept dropping my internet connection so I reverted back to 8.1. Now I have no network connection. I've made sure integrated LAN in Bios was enabled. I've uninstalled and installed drivers and when I do I get the message the realtek network controller cannot be found.... if in deep sleep mode plug in the cable. In Device Manager I can't see network adapters until I show hidden. Can anyone help?

A:No network connection after windows 10 upgrade.

if you right click your network adapter on Device manager and show hidden devices, do you have any options available?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/No-network-connection-after-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/393771
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I have just installed windows 7 upgrade, since the install I have had no internet or network access. I have tried installing new drivers but still not working. The connection to the router is showing excellent, unidentified network & no internet access. I have also tried bypassing the router and going straight to the modem with the cable and get the same results.

A:No network or internet connection after upgrade

Have you reset the router?

Also you may want to post the details of the router and modem and such

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83299-no-network-internet-connection-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All,

I have a 4-6 gigabit cable modem and would like to use it to it's utmost.
Would it be worth it to purchase an 8 port gigabit router, and CAT6 cable to completely recable my home?

My main computer has a gigabit onboard NIC, and I would upgrade them all if this is worth doing.

Any opinions?

Alan

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello guys,

I have a Linksys E3000 gigabit router and a recently bought edimax gigabit router(before I had edimax 100mbit router) that connected with 100M CAT6 cable between them but it seems that the network is running in 10mbit instead of 1gbps.

the network start sometimes with 100mbit if I sync between them but after a while the Autonegotiation mechanism drops it to 10mbit.

when I had the 100mbit edimax things run smooth on 100mb in 95mbps transfer rate and now its stuck on 9.5mbps.

Ideas please...

Thanks.

A:100M GigaBit LAN Network

Defective cable?

Defective port on one router?

Sometimes auto-negotiation between two specific devices doesn't work properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100m-gigabit-lan-network.1078482/
Relevancy 55.9%

If you have a mixed network with gigabit connected computers and 10/100 connected computers will this cause problems?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone I searched around and didnt see anything posted that applied to my situation so here it goes and I hope I can get some feedback Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance Right now I have an Airlink ar w Wireless mbps router connected to my dsl modem My online gaming seems to lag a bit and I was wondering if I get a gigabit switch can I have the setup DSL modem gt Switch gt Router Or does it have to be DSL modem gt Router gt Switch My computer is wired to the router and gigabit GAMING network for the wi-fi is for family s laptops My abit board has gigabit lan so I wanted to ONLY have my computer connected to gigabit and everyone else on regular wifi so they don t lag my gaming Only thing I can think of is upgrading to a d-link dgl- wi-fi gaming router But that is kinda expensive for me so thats why i m here Thanks again in advance for any replies nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%
Relevancy 55.9%

I am pretty much a novice with regards to networking. We recently built a new house and have wired it with cat 5e wire. I want to share my windstream internet connection over the network as well as be able to share files and use a drobo storage unit. I have a windstream router an a gigabit network switch. Will connecting a direct wire from the modem to the switch allow all the computers to gain access to the internet.

A:Setting Up a Gigabit Network

Correct - - everything attach to the router or a switch hung off of it will be "in the same subnet" as there is only one router. Wifi and wired will look the same to all users and everyone can "play" at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-gigabit-network.193543/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

I've been having strange problems with my xp computer. They all have to do with my ability to see and adjust my internet connection settings. I am still able to connect to the internet, however. Here's a list and i think if one get's fixed the rest will too.

1. When connected to the internet, it does not appear in my "Network Connections" box.

2. Nothing happens if I press the Status button for a connection

3. If i disable or enable a connection, there is no change in the icon. the connection is disabled or enabled and i just have to remember.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.840366/
Relevancy 55.9%

For some reason my laptop will not remain connected to my wifi. The other computers on the network are running just fine. The laptop in question is one I recently received from a friend who had no problems like this. I have been browsing various forums for quite some time, and have been unable to fix the problem. Running Windows 7 on an ASUS machine, the router is a Linksys RangePlus. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the issue is causing much frustration.

A:Network Connection Issues

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Please logon to your router's setting, locate the Wireless page see if it's on a Mixed mode or B/G/N? You may change the mode to B/G or G, save the new setting then test your connection.

Do you have the latest driver installed in your Wi-Fi adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219233-network-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a weird problem I am working in a school and I get a report that a machine won t connect to the network When I Network connection issues get to it it says that the Network connection issues network Network connection issues line is disconnected So I test the network line by connecting it to a switch and a different pc It works Then I used the same network line and the port that it was plugged into and plug it into a different pc I ping the network card on the local machine and that shows fine But still it says the network line is disconnected So I bring it down to my office plug it in and it works fine Now if I take it all the way back and plug it in it will work fine What is causing the trouble It is like it is quot plugged up quot or something excuse my reasoning on the plugged up Any help you could give would be great nbsp

A:Network connection issues

Maybe those computers are just lonely and like all the attention you give by carrying them to your office and back.

Before trying all those things you described, how about trying:

1. In Network Connections right click on the connection and select 'repair'; if no go then
2. Restart the computer; if no go then
3. Disconnect the cable and then reconnect it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.560664/
Relevancy 55.9%

I see a few threads like this but none exactly like it I am in a house with others one has an independent internet and me and the other guy Issues Network Connection are trying to share He gets net fine but when we route a new cord or any cord into my Acer Aspire laptop it simply says that I am connected to an Unidentified Network Local Access only and it has done this since the beginning even when we were all linked Network Connection Issues together they would get net I would get that no matter how many cords we switched I managed to hook up to the network once or twice but on of them would always have problems and the only way to fix them would involve me Network Connection Issues getting screwed somehow Is there any settings that could be preventing me from finding the network or more specifically the internet part I got an Network Connection Issues IPCONFIG just in case it ll help Thanks in advance for any advice Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name LAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D -D -DE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd c bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - PM Lease Expires October- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -D -D - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f cdb d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description isatap phub net cable rogers com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C FB- D- A -B D - BF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

I know next to nothing about network connection, but I was wondering about DHCP showing as not enabled... Both of my Vista machines have that service enabled.

DHCP Client svchost.exe ---> Manages network configuration by registering and updating Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and Domain Name System (DNS) names.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.639139/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is an issue that comes and goes and unfortunately I have no known way to replicate it, sometimes when my computer boots it just won't connect to the network in any way.

Once I've rebooted its fine again. The odd thing about it is that the network connection details window that you can bring up, appears completely blank. I'm running the latest drives from nVidia, so I'm inclined to put it down to windows 7.... but if anyone else has had this problem or a resolution for it I'd much appreciate the help.

Thanks

A:Network connection issues

i will move to networking forum

We need to have information please.

- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- Make and Exact model of all PCs and Laptops
- How are the PCs / Laptops connected - full details - cable, wireless
- Are there any other machines working - if so please provide details

Post details of whats in device manager - see below when its working and then when you boot and dont get a connection
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also do a ipconfig /all & PING test for both situations

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.909766/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have dial up and there is a red X over network connections which says I'm not connected to internet but I am.Sometimes when I try to open a website it says you are not connected.Some other sites suggest that I remove the icon. Some days there is a blue globe and other days, there isn't. Tanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405099/network-connection-issues/
Relevancy 55.9%

First I would like to apologize if this was answered already before I looked through the topics and did not see one that I thought pertained to this particular question If it was already answered successfully then would you be so kind as to direct me to said answered question On to the question My Issues Connection Network roommate and I just had internet from cox communications set up today in our apartment My laptop had no trouble detecting the wireless router once the tech guy was finished Later on into the evening my roommate wanted to connect his PC to the router and get on the web as well His PC cant find the wireless router and I have no idea why The PC says on the side sticker Network Connection Issues that it has wireless capabilities so we assumed that it could connect He has an HP with Windows Vista Network Connection Issues My laptop is a HP as well but i have windows installed I clicked on the network icon in the icon menu in the bottom right hand corner by the clock and clicked quot connect to a network quot When it did not detect a network I selected the quot Set up a wireless network quot link at the bottom Then a list of options popped up and i selected to quot Manually connect to a wireless Network quot to which I plugged in the SSID Security Type Encryption type and the network password to access the router This created the wireless network but it did not connect or detect this network I hope i have givin a good amount of information for you guys Please get back to me on any suggestions as to why his PC cannot connect Thanks in advanced Devin nbsp

Okay...seems that an antenna was suppose to be used for the wireless part of his PC now he doesnt have it. Im going to take a guess that this is the reason that he cannot detect or connect to anything with his PC.

Looks like we have to find a loooooong ethernet cable to run from the router to his PC. lol if its not one thing its another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.1040935/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi - I have a PC running Windows XP and connected to a router from formerly ATT Uverse now Frontier. I can connect to Internet Explorer but when I try to download Firefox or any other programs I get a message that says no internet connection, please check your internet connection. How do I check this if I am able to connect to the internet?

please check your internet connection. How do I check this if I am able to connect to the internet?Click to expand...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

ping 8.8.4.4

ping yahoo.com

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.1142384/
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there a way to reverse setting up a network? I seem to have changed the network of a friend's i had connected to. At first the network was an open one, but after setting it up, it became a network that recquired a security key. We attempted to change it back to the way it was, but failed ._. So, is it possible to basically undo what we had done?

A:Issues with Network Connection...and Such...

Are you saying you secured the wireless on the router?

If thats the case, you can connect directly to it with an ethernet cable and then turn off wireless security...

Or you can hold down the reset button on the router to set it back to factory settings..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54048-issues-network-connection-such.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have this desktop Windows XP that is not connecting to my wireless network although it is picking up that it is there and on the list. But when I try to connect it to the network it says "windows can't connect to any of your preffered networks". I have another Windows XP laptop that is connecting to the same network just fine. Also, for some strange reason on the desktop everytime i set the time on the bottom and I turn off computer the time always resets to 12:00am Jan 1, 2003. Why is this happening? And how can i get my desktop to connect to my network?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All Could do with a bit of help please Network Connection Issues I am having a few issues with my internet connection which is only happening on my laptop all other devices on my network work fine It seems to happen on the hour every hour I can not access any web pages or initiate any new rdp sessions My laptop is still connected to the internet and if I am on an rdp or a Go Assist session I can still control the server Computer I am also still connected to skype and can send IM s but can not initiate receive calls When running quot Troubleshoot problems quot in the network and sharing centre I sometimes get quot The diagnostic Policy service is not running quot Even if I restart it my internet access does not come back the only solution then is to restart the laptop and then all works fine Network Connection Issues until the next time What I have done In CMD run the following net localgroup Administrators add networkservice net Network Connection Issues localgroup Administrators add localservice Re-installed wireless drivers as well as Ethernet port drivers Used Windows Repair Portable from Tweaking com and Reset registry permissions Reset file permissions Repair Winsock amp DNS Cache sfc scannow Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to Network Connection Issues fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios All have failed to resolve the issue so I am out of ideas In event viewer I have the following errors each time the connection drops Application log Error ESENT Database corruption svchost SRUJet A bad page link error - has been detected in a B-Tree ObjectId PgnoRoot of database C Windows system SRU SRUDB dat gt --------- Error Application Error Faulting application name svchost exe DPS version time stamp x a a e Faulting module name ESENT dll version time stamp x e e Exception code xc Fault offset x a Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cecfce e b Faulting application path C Windows System svchost exe Faulting module path C Windows System ESENT dll Report Id e f - bc - e -beb - cf dd ad Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID --------- Information Windows Error reporting Fault bucket type Event Name APPCRASH Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P svchost exe DPS P P a a e P ESENT dll P P e e P c P a P P Attached files C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER D tmp appc ompat txt C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER E tmp WERI nternalMetadata xml C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER F tmp hdmp C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local Temp WER D tmp dmp These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue AppCrash svchost exe DPS b ebb cdf d de d a b bbe b ccd cab c e Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id e f - bc - e -beb - cf dd ad Report Status System Log Error Service Control Manager The Base Filtering Engine service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s -------- Error Service Control Manager The Diagnostic Policy Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service -------- Error Service Control Manager The Windows Firewall service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s -------- Error Service Control Manager The Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s I would appreciate any ideas anyone has Thanks Barday nbsp

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here. If you do not get any replies for about 24 hours you can reply with 'bump' to bring your thread back to the top of the forum listing. If you want the thread moved to another forum you click on "Report" and request the move.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.1111674/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a lap top that was infected with malware previously. the user tried removing the malware himself, and now can not connect to any network, be it wireless or wired. he informed me that the infection displayed the name "personal security." The lap top gets a 169.x.x.x address on any network, even if the correct ip should be something different. i have tried resting the tcp\ip stack using the windows do it for me assistant, as well as verifying the adapters set to assign an ip automatically. I had him try a system restore, but he said he did not have any to return to. I have also tried removing and re-adding the adapter with no luck. Any thoughts as to what i could try next?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498598/network-connection-issues/
Relevancy 55.9%

So my friend was having connection issues network trouble with her laptop and although im familiar with basic IT skills i still wasnt able to figure out just why it is that her laptop wont connect to her wireless adapter i saw a reply on here from someone who was having the same problem and they suggested that i copy and paste the info from the cmd prompt window on the network adapters If anyone can help me with the information i would really appreciate it network connection issues Windows IP Configuration Host Name Purser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B - -FE-BA-CA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter Physical Address B - -FE-BA-CA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A-B -BC- E-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - F- FC - FD-CBC D C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CBE BED-F - - D A- C B FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A C A- E - DB- D -FFA F AFC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B - E- - A- F ECF AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:network connection issues

and welcome to the Forum

Are you trying to conect wired or wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-connection-issues-613712.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Running Windows XP SP on a Lenovo T laptop the Network Connection Issues network connection drops and the computer freezes up after Network Connection Issues several minutes of work Reboot and spybot scans not finding any results HijackThis log is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Seagull BarTender CmdrSrv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files KACE KBOX KBOXManagementService exe C Program Files KACE KBOX KBOXSMMPService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sensormatic NetworkClient bin NtlxSrvMgr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Exchsrvr bin exmgmt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Sensormatic NetworkClient Bin NtlxEventhandler exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system winver exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system KUsrInit exe O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetect O - HKLM Run PSQLLauncher quot C Program Files ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software launcher exe quot startup O - HKLM Run PWRMGRTR rundll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT PWRMGRTR DLL PwrMgrBkGndMonitor O - HKLM Run BLOG rundll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT BatLogEx DLL StartBattLog O - HKLM Run EZEJMNAP C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Progr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-issues.773398/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi!

Running win xp on both pcs.

I need a solution to get this lan going!

I have a smc router attached to a switch from SMC GS8 with 1gbps (8 ports).

I have 2 pcs connected to the switch and this switch is comnnected to router

I have cat5e cables.

I need an ftp or something good to get the gigabit lan working with gbps transfers. I have 2 pci cards from Surecom in (one in) each computer with gbps support.

So, i know i cannot get the gbps from the windows interface... so i need another solution.

My intention is to transfer files from pc to pc, what can i do, an ftp, what?
:slurp:
Thanks a lot!!!!!

A:Gigabit lan with switch gigabit and router - how to transfer files

you need a working router/gateway, and the computers have to have valid IP configs (can they ping each other). then you can do the 'ol \\pcname command in your exploreer windows to brose the other pc.

My intention is to transfer files from pc to pc, what can i do, an ftp, what?Click to expand...

FTP is an acronym for file transfer protocol and is used for internet transfers. you needn't worry about this.

unless you need the extra ports on the switch, you'd be able to plug the two computers right into the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabit-lan-with-switch-gigabit-and-router-how-to-transfer-files.32041/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

i am having a LAN jmicron pci express gigabit ethernet adapter in my notebook. In my Firefox and IE, I keep on encountering this problem "The connection was reset" in my browser and i have to refresh the page again in order to connect ot the page. During my http download (such as download from Megaupload.com), my download often fails with "the source file cannot be read".

Could anyone please give me a help on what should I do.....

Thank you very much.

A:LAN jmicron pci express gigabit ethernet adapter - The connection was

Hi
This is not a problem with you computer check the internet connection it must be getting disconnected and reconnected. you can try using some 3rd party software like flashget to download. then even if the internet gets disconnected you can resume the download

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184746-lan-jmicron-pci-express-gigabit-ethernet-adapter-connection.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey so I am kind of a noob at this and I would like some help.
Yesterday I upgraded my iMac from Snow Leopard to Lion. Since I did that I have not experienced any problems opening files from my windows 7 pc on the mac. However I have been having problems doing the opposite (opening mac files on windows 7).

After restarting my pc I say my imac underneath the network category. When I click on this a windows security box comes up and asks for a network password. I am not sure if I am getting this box in an error because everytime I type in the password it says login failure.

So far I haven't changed any settings on both computers.
What am I doing wrong?

Rome.

A:Windows 7 network issues after OSX Lion upgrade

Having basically the same problem since Lion OS upgrade. Can see my Win 7 Shared folders on the Mac, but cannot see the Mac Shared folders on my Win 7 desktop. Worked perfectly before Lion OS.

Anybody come up with a solution yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176837-windows-7-network-issues-after-osx-lion-upgrade.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Emachines W that is out of warranty I have chatted with several agents on their live chat thing They have had me do a system restore and also have had me download a folder Controller upgrade Ethernet since having to issues Network SP3 with files in it named Modem Conexant XPx A zip The issue is that my network adapter will no longer work I went to update microsoft com and downloaded and installed around updates then when I restarted my network adapter was connected but wouldn t Ethernet Network Controller having issues since upgrade to SP3 let me go to any webpages so I rolled back the driver which fixed the issue Then I went back to update microsoft com and it said there were another updates So I too downloaded and installed Ethernet Network Controller having issues since upgrade to SP3 those then restarted My network adapter again then decided not to work The updates were just security ones and what not I then restarted after those Then when I went back there were more well I upgraded to SP and that s when things got messed up When I restarted my network adapter wasn t working so I though I could just roll it back I then got a window saying quot Ethernet Network Controller- No driver files have been backed up for this device If you are having problems with this device you should view the Troubleshooter information Would you like to launch the troubleshooter quot Then it gives me an option of Yes and No When I click Driver Details I get a window saying quot No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device quot When I click update driver and select the option of quot Install the software automatically Recommended I get another error Please see screenshot named quot no quot Under the device status it says quot This device is not configured correctly Code To reinstall the drivers for this device click Reinstall Driver quot Earlier when my network adapter was working it was named NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet BUT now that I ve installs SP and uninstalled then restarted my computer than ran the setup exe file from the emachines agent that was supposed to reinstall the network adapter it now shows up in device manager as Ethernet Network Controller I don t know how to fix it everything I try doesn t work The last agent gave me instructions on how to reinstall my entire operating system kinda ridiculous considering this issue shouldn t require that So I ve came here to bleepingcomputer for help I am connected to the internet using the internet from my android phone Could someone please help me fix this Thank you very much

A:Ethernet Network Controller having issues since upgrade to SP3

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=1460

I would download/install the LAN driver.

FWIW: Unless you are on dialup, that Conexant driver is unnecessary, it's for a dialup modem.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387427/ethernet-network-controller-having-issues-since-upgrade-to-sp3/
Relevancy 55.47%

I upgraded my desktop's cpu motherboard amp memory the other day but didn't do a clean install of Windows It caused me some problems but thanks to some of upgrade after vanished hardware connection Network the users of this site I have most of the issues resolved However there Network connection vanished after hardware upgrade is one issue I can't resolve amp it is regarding my network internet connection I have my Billion modem plugged into a D-Link Wireless Router whihc is then plugged into My desktop Windows Work Laptop XP SP amp Canon network printer All was working fine before the upgrade Now I can't access the internet or the home network through the desktop The cable is plugged in but there is no acknowledgement of the PC being connected to anything The lights around the LAN port on the mobo don't go on when a cable is connected the light on the router doesn't go on when the cable is connected amp Windows says there is no connection I tried plugging the modem directly into the PC amp the internet connection works so I know the LAN port is working on the new mobo I've also tried all combinations of cables amp ports between the pc the laptop amp the router How can I fix this As far as I'm aware the software for the Router is up to date amp so is the software for the motherboard

A:Network connection vanished after hardware upgrade

Were you using a fixed IP address by any chance or doing MAC Address filtering in the router? If so, changing the mother board changed the MAC address so that would now fail.

Otherwise, turn everything off, Modem, Router, both computers and printer. Then turn them on in sequence, waiting for each one to settle down before moving on to the next.

Modem 1st, then Router then Win 7 computer. See if it is recognized.
Turn on the other computer then the printer once it is up and stable.

Edit: Forgot to mention, did you try resetting the Router (little button, usually near the power connector, use a pen to push in and hold for 10 seconds or so). You will have to setup the Wireless security again once you do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156161-network-connection-vanished-after-hardware-upgrade.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I upgraded my Asus X200CA-DB02 from Ubuntu to Windows 7 64 bit and now I have lost ALL my drivers. I have no internet connection because I have no network adapter driver installed. I have tried downloading various programs on my other computer and burning them onto a CD but everything needs to access the internet. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

A:No internet/network connection after upgrade to Windows

Get Drivers through Windows Update or the manufacturer's Support site ONLY.

Third party "driver finders" are always suspect.

Only download your LAN driver from Asus for now:
Version V2.1.0.17
Description: Athros LAN Driver
Download from Global

Once you have connectivity, update all drivers through Windows Update
Check for updates
Look in Optional Updates
Tick (checkmark in boxes) drivers
Update.

Any missing drivers can be installed later from Asus
Notebooks & Ultrabooks - X200CA

Select Win7 x64 OS from the Asus dropdown box

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318769-no-internet-network-connection-after-upgrade-windows.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Thanks in advance with any help I ll try to be brief I have one of these Welcome to NEOSTAR-- Port USB Gigabit-Network Server - with the help of a bit of software it always you to connect USB devices to your network Now the problem I have is that my Samsung ML- printer attached to it works perfectly from one computer on my network but stalls with another I have other things attached to this device like a had drive and a scanner and they both work Gigabit-Network Port Server 4 USB fine on bother computers I have tried cleaning out printer drivers as best I can and reinstalling and also reinstalling the drivers that make the device function Another strange thing is that the device worked fine with the 4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server computer with which its having problems and then over night it stopped I can t really think of any changes I ve made to the computer I must admit I m very much an amateur here but if you give me any clues as to what I could do to trouble shoot this things that would be great help Regards Andre nbsp

A:4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server

we only need one post here - please do not duplicate

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1056147-4-port-usb-gigabit-network.html

closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-port-usb-gigabit-network-server.1056146/
Relevancy 55.47%

Should a computer running XP be able to use ICS to share its internet connection across a gigabit network to a computer with a Fast Ethernet card running Vista? If so, I have a problem and will post a more detailed question.

FredVN

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All
I have a couple of Gigabit switches (all devices are 1GB on it), some have static IPs, some have dynamic IPs. My problem is that everything is going through the wireless router/DSL modem thats connected (and that provides the DHCP).

Is there a way I can bypass the fast ethernet router for local transfers?

THanx

Relevancy 55.47%

I ve upgraded my home network with a gigabit switch and NICs but am experiencing disappointing performance Benchmark file transfer time for a Gb video file is min sec - roughly half the time it was taking on the old Mb network Disk-to-desk transfer time for this file is around seconds - i e times faster than the gigabit network transfer The hardware is - Dell switch - Netgear GA NIC on first PC - Onboard gigabit NIC on nd PC Abit AB Pro motherboard The lights on the switch indicate that both Pc connections are operating at Gigabit speed The PCs are running XP SP performance network Gigabit XP? on Slow There s no other significant network activity at the time of the test i e no other PCs on the network Jumbo frames are enabled on the switch and both NICs although disabling this doesn t appear to make much difference The speed of each NIC is set to auto-negotiate If I set it manually to Mb at both ends the transfer speed drops dramatically approx minutes to transfer the same file Cables are Cat both less than metres long I ve ordered some Cat just in case Does this file tranfer performance sound quot normal quot for a gigabit network Slow Gigabit network performance on XP? If not how could I improve it nbsp

A:Slow Gigabit network performance on XP?

Welcome to the real world. You are experiencing what I feel is about normal performance, and it's about what I see here. I believe it's the SMB protocol overhead that limits the absolute performance, as well as the difference between server versions of Windows and workstation versions. I get much better performance over gigabit connections using server versions of Windows talking to workstations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-gigabit-network-performance-on-xp.593149/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a desktop workstation with an intel xeon 2.53ghz and 4gb of ddr3 ram, it has a broadcom netxtreme 57xx gigabit controller, and i have an Iomega home media drive, also a gigabit switch. I have my computer connected to the switch and the NAS to the switch as well, all using CAT6 cable. Everything seems to be capable of a gigabit network. But whenever I test the speed transferring between the computer and NAS the Speed only show it transferring at 35Mbps. Where is my bottleneck, or is this normal speeds?

A:Gigabit Network Speed Question

Is the NAS your Iomega home media drive or are there 3 external devices? I believe your bottle neck is with your Iomega home media drive....they are notorious for being slow, that's according to all the reviews.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257520-gigabit-network-speed-question.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys st post hope someone out there can help My problem is i have with gigabit Network switch/router help just upgraded my network to gigabit and im only seeing transfer speeds of around mb Network help with gigabit switch/router s and i think i should Network help with gigabit switch/router be getting more I have the black sky sagem router and a tp-link port gigabit switch TL-SG D I have one cable from the switch to the router then cables connecting my Network help with gigabit switch/router devices d tv ps xbox pc pc qnap ts- all cables are either cat e or cat both pcs run windows Everything works fine i can stream from my pcs to tv via the xbox or ps or i can stream from my qnap to my tv and everything access s the internet ok But when i transfer media from either pc to pc or pc to qnap the speeds are - mb s Both network cards are set to auto negotiation on the pcs When i go into task manager gt networking the link speed shows mbps If i disconnect the router from the switch its still the same Ive tried forcing it to gbps full dulplex transfer speeds dont improve Any advice would be highly appreciated as its a pain transferring large files across the network any info ive missed out i will be happy to add thanks in advance Jay ps the cables and the switch are both brandnew nbsp

A:Network help with gigabit switch/router

think i have sorted it! sorry for the time waste!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-help-with-gigabit-switch-router.1041919/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Thanks in advance Gigabit-Network USB Server Port 4 with any help I ll try to be brief 4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server I have one of these http www techsupportforum com forums f -port-usb-gigabit-network-server- html post - with the help of a bit of software it always you to connect USB devices to your network Now the problem I have is that my Samsung ML- printer attached to it works perfectly from one computer on my network but stalls with another I have other things attached to this device like a had drive and a scanner and they both work fine on bother computers I have tried cleaning out printer drivers as best I can and reinstalling and also reinstalling the drivers that make the device function Another strange thing is that the device worked fine with the computer with which its having problems and then over night it stopped I can t really think of any changes I ve made to the computer I must admit I m very much an amateur here but if you give me any clues as to what I could do to trouble shoot this things that would be great help Regards Andre nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-port-usb-gigabit-network-server.1056147/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey new to the forum and short on ideas with a strange issue First the setup and application I frequently transfer quite large files - gigabit help; transfer Need speeds network GB from my primary system Vista Ultimate bit evga i mobo w onboard gigabit NICs to a PC used as a home theater PC Vista Home Premium bit asus P E VM-HDMI onboard NIC Need help; gigabit network transfer speeds I recently wired my home with cat and installed all gigabit hardware for distribution Linksys WRT router D-Link DGS- gigabit switch to improve network transfer speeds All HDDs are RPM SATAs My issue is this network transfer rates average only MB s from the primary to the HTPC--not even close to what I expected I've searched the net for suggestions but several fix attempts yielded no improvement diable IPv enable disable onboard NIC replace NIC I thought I had solved the issue this weekend when I found a suggestion to disable Vista autotuning level using the following in an elevated prompt on my primary system netsh interface tcp set global autotuning disabled After a reboot I attempted a file transfer and BOOM-- MB s I fixed it right Not exactly somehow after a few hours--with no other system or network changes--the transfer rates again dropped back to MB s I'm baffled So I try something that probably makes little sense I'm not very adept at network troubleshooting and set my MTU on the Linksys router to 'Fixed' at instead of 'auto' I have ATT DSL and had tested my connection previously with being the optimal MTU This I thought maybe did the trick on Sunday but again this morning my transfer rate is back down to MB s I'm not optimistic that theres an easy path toward troubleshooting and fixing this but I'm hoping for suggestions on where to go from here Can anyone who finished reading this chime-in with some ideas I'm fresh out

A:Need help; gigabit network transfer speeds

Do you have Vista SP1 installed? Vista without SP1 is known to have file transfer issues.

Also, do you have other machines you can move data between? If so, does it occur on them as well?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208174-need-help-gigabit-network-transfer-speeds.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am having an issue with my Dell Insperiron 5350 running Vista Home Premium 32bit. When the computer boots up it will only have a limited connection to my home network via ethernet. I am using a Linksys WRTPG54G wireless router (from Vonage).

To get my internet to work I have to go into network connections/view status/diagnose/then repair network connection. Which is kind of a hassle for me but next to impossible to explain to my wife so she can do it when I am not around.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be great.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202147-ista-network-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I m risking this quick before I get disconnected again I have a really annoying problem with my wireless at the moment Everything was fine before I ve never had any troubles with it whatsoever but now all of a sudden my laptop loses wireless connection whenever the main pc is booted and used I asked to check if the drivers were connection issues. Wireless Network up to date to which I was told they are then I asked Wireless Network connection issues. to check the firmware to which he said he didn t need to because he had no trouble with his blamed my laptop He runs his through the main wire whereas mine connects through wireless adapter I have checked the drivers for my adapter and everything they re all up to date so now I m really lost with what is wrong The only thing I know he did do recently when the problem seemed to arise but I don t get how is set the network to hidden but I have the wireless key so it should still connect when he is on too right Here s the thing - if he doesn t use his mine would be fine for the whole day but as soon as he uses his mine goes off there was never this issue before - this is really frustrating me so if anyone here can help me out in any way then I d really appreciate that Thank you for taking the time to read nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Sharing Network Connection Hey Down on my room I got on laptop and a another pc The laptop has a network card and I recive a good singal there as for the pc it dont such a card So what i did was to use a standard network cabel Spesifications AESP UL TYPE CM PR AWG thats what it says on the cabel any way so i used that from my laptop and into my other pc And hers the network setup The wierless connection on laptop IP MASK Gateway DNS The local cabel network on laptop IP MASK And thas all there Now on the other stationary pc Sharing Network Connection! Serious issues! i had recive ip adress and the same with the dns Now on the wierless card under properties on wierlessnetwork connection in the tab advanced Sharing Network Connection! Serious issues! there are boxes you can check on off Allow other networks users to use this computers network connection And Sharing Network Connection! Serious issues! I check on that And it worked as hell Got fast internet trough Sharing Network Connection! Serious issues! the laptop and on to my stationary pc Now the problem is My dad changed the network from the to So now it is IP The same gose for the in the gateway aswell Changed to And now for some reason the stationary pc cant get ip adress I trie to use repair on network but it wont get any ip adress at all Than I went back to on the laptop just to check and it got an ip than But there is no network on any more We just got a new internet connection so we temporarly used the insted of which is used all over this house But still why wont it work on whats special about the or whats special about the I cant seem to understand why that is If any one could look into this i would be most gratefull THX Agian Hope we can solv this And btw my pc language is in norwegian so I translated it so it might not be wordly correct But it should have the same meaning

A:Sharing Network Connection! Serious issues!

You can use any IP that you like for the LAN in your home. Changing from 0 to 149 or 222 makes no difference. But if you know that it works using 192.168.0.x why even change it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sharing-network-connection-serious-issues-375458.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok here s network connection issues Wireless the backstory I have comcast high speed internet and about a year ago I got a netgear N wireless router from them when I got my new computer Everything worked like a champ Wireless network connection issues until New Years Eve when suddenly the connection would keep dropping or not connect at all I went through all the usual steps of resetting the router and the modem etc but that never helped My internet connection works fine when I m plugged in to the router with an ethernet cable and when I m plugged into the modem box itself I figured that possibly something Wireless network connection issues in the router itself has gone bad so I ordered a new Wireless network connection issues one from Comcast Unfortunately I am having the same issues with the new router Computer printer ipod etc all will not connect at all or it does then gets dropped Diagnostics from the computer say the wireless card is still working fine and like I said none of my devices will connect to it I m beginning to think it might be something with the modem box not allowing the connection to the router Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Wireless network connection issues

Since you are OK with ethernet wireless interference is a strong possibility. Any other 2.4 GHz devices, such as a cordless phone or baby monitor?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-issues.975650/
Relevancy 55.47%

Fleurdesel did you ever get this problem resolved I am having an uncannily similar problem My DSL connection was wonky for quite some time but still worked I would periodically get quot Page can not be found quot errors despite all four lights being network issues have I connection problem, same green on the modem then I d run a Self Support tools from my ISP which is AT amp T and the thing would go back to normal After attempting to install a D-Link router I began to have major problems with DSL connectivity losing the connection after minutes every time I logged in freshly or power cycled the modem to get back online Power cycling doesn t work now only a reboot I ve spent a lot of time with Level and now Level tech support from AT amp T clearing viruses resetting DNS options etc The latest tech thinks it might be a defective Network Card I wonder if this is the case I have same problem, network connection issues I can presently surf the net find in Safe Mode with Networking for as long as I want but in normal mode I lose the connection after - minutes I am not using the router So I m curious to know if in the end your problem was the Network Card and how whether you fixed the situation nbsp

A:I have same problem, network connection issues

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-same-problem-network-connection-issues.573662/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I m hoping someone smarter than me can help me out with this I have recently built a Windows system All of the relevant system information is included in my profile The system was set-up and working perfectly until yesterday when the internet decided it didn t want to work anymore The connection started intermittently dropping out and I had to repair the connection Once the adapter was reset it seemed ok As of last night however the connection would not reset properly I was getting all sorts network connection 7 Windows issues of errors sometimes it would say that it could not repair the connection sometimes i would get a message saying the local adapter was having driver or hardware issues sometimes it was saying that my Network Key was Windows 7 network connection issues wrong despite the fact it s the same key it has been using to connect to the network before I have done a hard reset on the router i don t think this is the problem as i am sat on a laptop next to the PC using the same connection with no issues I have made sure all my drivers are up to date for the wireless adapter and then uninstalled and re-installed the drivers but still having issues Sometimes the connection seems to be working but only for short periods of time I am using MSE and windows firewall and have tryed disabling both with no change Today it has thrown a new one at me It now says its connected in the system tray with good signal but if i open a browser i get nothing I am running out of ideas now any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Oh i did try pinging google com from the command line and got a connection timed out message

A:Windows 7 network connection issues

Hmm ok, try saving the file below, unzip and run the file until your machine reboots which will be automatic.

If the problem remains please post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240529-windows-7-network-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Sharing Network Connection Hey Down on my room I got on laptop and a another pc The laptop has a network card and I recive a good singal there as for the pc it dont such a card So what i did was to use a standard network cabel Spesifications AESP UL TYPE CM PR AWG thats what it says on the cabel any way so i used that from my laptop and into my other pc And hers the network setup The wierless connection on laptop IP MASK Gateway DNS The local cabel network issues! Network Sharing Connection! Serious on laptop IP MASK And thas all there Now on the other stationary pc i had recive ip adress and the same with the dns Now on the wierless card under properties on wierlessnetwork connection in the tab advanced there are boxes you can check on off Allow other networks users to use this computers network connection And I check on that And it worked as hell Got fast internet trough the laptop and on to my stationary pc Now the problem is My dad changed the network Sharing Network Connection! Serious issues! from the to So now it is IP The same gose for the in the gateway aswell Changed to And now for some reason the stationary pc cant get ip adress I trie to use repair on network but it wont get any ip adress at all Than I went back to on the laptop just to check and it got an ip than But there is no network on any more We just got a new internet connection so we temporarly used the insted of which is used all over this house But still why wont it work on whats special about the or whats special about the I cant seem to understand why that is If any one could look into this i would be most gratefull THX Agian Hope we can solv this And btw my pc language is in norwegian so I translated it so it might not be wordly correct But it should have the same meaning

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sharing-network-connection-serious-issues-375457.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I currently am interning with the IRCC cyber security leader, and he gave me my own network drive to start off so I dont infect my computer transferring to other computers. My issue is now that I got it I'm getting 500kbs when it should be 11mbs and it keeps getting interrupted, and he told me its on my end any idea of why its doing that? Firewall? Or something?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/269340-network-drive-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My wireless connection is no longer working. I am able to connect to the router fine with another laptop so I am assuming it is something in my laptop that is not configured properly.
I tried to do the ipconfig in the command prompt but get the message "no operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected".
When I plug the laptop into the router using the ethernet cable, it works fine.
Any suggestions??? please help

Relevancy 55.47%

I ve recently built my first computer and I seem to be plagued with just terrible luck Everything was fine for a short time until the Ethernet port on my motherboard apparently died Device manager says it works properly but it lost the ability to tell that an Ethernet cable is inserted After trying to find a fix for days I just ordered a pci network card It worked great for a couple of days and then one day it just didn t It started cycling between identifying and unidentified network and connects sometimes As of writing it only goes out rarely but while it s working it does so dreadfully slow I ve looked for issues network connection Sudden options for days straight with no luck I ll post my build below Any ideas would be much appreciated o s windows mobo msi gaming cpu amd fx black edition gpu evga GeForce gtx ssc gb ram gb hyper x fury ddr psu evga supernova nex gold nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-network-connection-issues.1169449/
Relevancy 55.47%

We have broadband set up at home and my laptop will just connect to it via wi-fi The only issues I've had Issues Sporadic Network Connection" "No is when the broadboand has been down - which is to be expected nbsp However over the last - months I'll switch my laptop on and the symbol of a PC with a red X in the corner will display on the welcome page straight awy When I log in Sporadic "No Network Connection" Issues I cannot connect to any internet at all I just constantly get the 'No Internet Connection' status So I'll shut down restart the laptop and it's fine Connects to the internet straight away nbsp It's OK for a couple of days and then bam no internet connection Shut Down Turn On Fine nbsp It can't be the broadband router or anything like that as other devices like my mobile or my brother's laptop stay connected and don't seem to have any issues Plus if there was issue with the router surely Sporadic "No Network Connection" Issues the internet wouldn't work when I restart the Sporadic "No Network Connection" Issues PC nbsp nbsp I can't be doing with having to shut down and restart my laptop every day Any ideas nbsp Help greatly appreciated - and apologies for the lack of techincal knowledge jargon

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Sporadic-quot-No-Network-Connection-quot-Issues/td-p/5620466
Relevancy 55.47%

I just hooked up a cable modem and netgear wireless modem which also has wired capabilities. when I connect my lap top wired I get a 100Mbps connection when I connect wireless the best connection I can get is 11Mbps. both acctually seem slower than I'd expect. I'd like the wireless connection to be faster, our 10 year old desk top connects at 54-43 Mbps and my other desk top in the basement connects in the 40's Mbps both the lap top and the 10 year old desk top are withing 5 feet of the router. are there settings I can adjust withing my lap top?

A:home network connection issues

11Mbps implies 802.11b. You could invest in a new wireless adapter--802.11g or pre-n.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-connection-issues.680534/