Windows Support Forum

Can't connect 2 computers to Internet

Q: Can't connect 2 computers to Internet

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys would be able to help me. I'm having a bit of trouble with either my modem or my computer, I don't know which.

My Problem: I can't connect two computers to my internet (broadband).

Specs:
Modem: D-Link DSL-302G
ISP: Optus
Computer 1:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512 mb RAM
Windows XP Pro
120 gb HDD
On-Board 10/100 mb Ethernet port
Radeon 9550 256mb Graphics Card
Computer 2:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
512 mb RAM
Windows XP Pro
80 gb HDD
On-Board 100/1000 mb ethernet port
On-board graphics card

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect 2 computers to Internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect 2 computers to Internet

"Can't connect" means what? The plugs don't fit?

What exactly do you want to do?

By the looks of it, you should be attempting to connect the modem to one of the computers via USB and then use Windows ICS and a crossover cable to hook up the second.

If you had other ideas, then you either didn't tell us about something or it just plain can't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-2-computers-to-internet.48423/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I have two computers which I used to network by means of cross over cable one adapter in each computer One of them was connected to internet through another adapter and a my connect help. other. each see not internet, but do Can to Please computers cable modem and the other shared the connection through this computer But I wanted each computer to be able to connect to the internet independently so bought a Com Office Connect Secure Router CR - Using the wizard I got both computers connected to the internet without any trouble But now the two computers do not see each other my network places page is blank my workgroup computers page is blank in both computers Please advise me what I have to do so that I can share files and folders between my two computers I use the second computer to hold Can connect to internet, but my computers do not see each other. Please help. my Ghost backups of the first computer My OS is WinXP SP I will be eternally grateful if you will please point me towards a solution Palmer Thongwa nbsp

A:Can connect to internet, but my computers do not see each other. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-my-computers-do-not-see-each-other-please-help.480956/
Relevancy 61.92%

Today I bought a DES-1005D switch so I could connect to the internet using my PC and Laptop at the same time. I have a Modem provided by my ISP but it only has 1 port, so no other computers connect, so instead i got myself a switch, I'm trying to see if it works, but it will not connect to the internet, i remove the cable from where its plugged into the modem and put it into the switch, and also a another cable connected to the laptop to the switch.

For some reason it will not connect, anything I'm doing wrong?

A:Trying to connect to the internet using 2 computers

return it -- a switch will not do what you desire -- you need a router.

that said, it should allow ONE system to work, but as soon as you connect the second,
both will loose the connection.

look carefully and the markings; ONE should be an UPLINK -- that is the one to the modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-the-internet-using-2-computers.128258/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello

I have 2 desktop PC's at home one of these being a windows and one of them being a mac.
I use a wireless modem for internet access on both computers. My windows computer is in terms of internet is working just fine; but i cant access the internet on my sister's mac. It appears to be an issue with the mac and not with the modem because my internet access on the windows is just fine.

please help. what can i do? I'm pretty sure it some network setting i have to adjust on the mac. It used to work fine before. What exactly can i do here mac professionals?

any comments to fixing the problem is greatly appreciated.

A:I cant connect to the internet on one of my computers. Please help me :(

Check this link

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1714

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-connect-to-the-internet-on-one-of-my-computers-please-help-me.965988/
Relevancy 61.92%

We recently installed a cable modem and have three laptops successfully using it, one a MAC.
The laptop that cannot access the internet is an exact duplicate of one that can both using XP. It shows it is connected to the Netgear router and has excellent signal strength but will not access the internet with Firefox or IE.
I did the cmd and IPconfig/ALL and the results were:
An internal error occurred. The request is not supported.
Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help. Additional information: Unable to query host name.

Does anyone have an idea on what isn't correct?

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a computer wired to my netgear router that runs on XP and connects to the net fine. I have a laptop running XP and another desktop running Vista that are wireless. These 2 connect to the network but cannot connect to the internet. The hard drive on the vista desktop was just reformatted and vista reinstalled and still will not connect I was getting error message "cannot communicate with primary dns" So I was advised to reset winsock, IPv4 TCP/IP, and IPv6 TCP/IP. After doing this the message changed to "cannot find server".

Please help

A:can't connect to internet on 2 out of 3 computers

In internet explorer click on "diagnose connection problems and it will giuve you options to click on to try to fix it.
Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-internet-on-2-out-of-3-computers-362440.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I only to Have ff will 2 connect ie or internet one using computers, have a wireless router and Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff until this morning both my win and my husband's computer win connected effortlessly to the internet Now I get essentially a blank screen using FF and a screen that says This page cannot be displayed and an address in the window of http www-search net s E Jwlimyuj fbd a Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff - a a- cb-b f - aa a amp pi for ie No matter what I type in the address I cannot connect to the internet My husband's can my tablet can and my laptop can using the same wireless router I have tried several restore points and I always get a message that restore didn't work because it couldn't find a particular unnamed file Now what I have run Windows Defender has always been in place since I bought the computer about mos ago and MalwareBytes and they find nothing I ran MiniToolBox and got this Any ideas Should I just reformat MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Pamela administrator on - - at Running from C Users Pamela Desktop Microsoft Windows Pro X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Wi-Fi Connected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Ethernet Media disconnected Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Wi-Fi forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Bluetooth Network Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface other forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name PamHP Office Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - A-B - - A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - A-B - - A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sgt automation net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- -A - - A-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - A-B - - A-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f edf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July PM Lease Expires Sunday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - C- - C- -A - - A-D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C ECC F- E- ED -A F -F B A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific... Read more

A:Have 2 computers, only one will connect to internet using ie or ff

I see several errors in that MiniToolBox report.  Malwarebytes is crashing, so I'd disable it and reboot.  There're reports of file index errors, so I'd run chkdsk for that.  There're also reports of code integrity errors so I'd run SFC for that.  To run SFC, click Start and type CMD in the search box, then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the Command Prompt type sfc /scannow.  

If none of that helps, there're other things we can do, but let's try these first.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541577/have-2-computers-only-one-will-connect-to-internet-using-ie-or-ff/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

Me and one of my buddies want to work on a project together that is on my computer
although he lives far away from here.
I'm looking for a way to connect two Computers (one is mine, the other my friends) to one screen (being mine) over the internet.
Is there any way this is possible?
Any program?

A:Connect two Computers to one screen over the internet.

If all you need to do is be able to use one of the computers from the other, VNC is a pretty good remote control application that lets you take complete control of the remote computer. You can download it for free from realvnc.com. If you need to do more advanced things such as sharing files or printing, or any sort of collaboration, a commercial app such as GoToMyPC might be a better option.

Depending on your version of Windows, you might also be able to use the Remote Assistance utility to give the other person remote access to the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203003/connect-two-computers-to-one-screen-over-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ola peeps!!

Used to be much better with computers but having left the IT industry a few years ago (well... basic tech support! lol!) I seem to have forgotten how they work!!

I Have 2 desktop pc's and 2 laptops that I would like to be able to see each other to access files... planning to set up a file server in the future but can't afford it just yet!

Everything can connect to the router and access the internet but the computers can't ping each other!!!

I've searched and not got a clear answer to this... I've checked all my settings and they seem to be right...

I was hoping to get the ps3 set up as a media server but can't access it!! again that connects to t'interweb fine but can't see other computers...

PC's are running vista, 7 x64 and xp...

any help would be massively appreciated!!!

A:Computers connect to router + Internet... But can't see each other!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-connect-to-router-internet-but-cant-see-each-other.946684/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have four computers in my home and only two will connect to the internet I have Comcast and use a wireless router and of course a modem Let me introduce them I think this may promote less confusion Desktop used for work purposes connects to internet just fine Laptop A used for work purposes connects to internet just fine Laptop B non-work with some others! not connect Can computers, internet to Solved: laptop will not connect to internet Laptop C non-work laptop will not connect to internet I just established the home office which operates from the two work computers My company IT folks had to change my IP address because Solved: Can connect to internet with some computers, not others! there was some conflict I wonder if this has some bearing on the issue Please also note that the two problem laptops used to connect just fine via the modem and router I use The addition of the two work computers to the mix may have upset the balance Solved: Can connect to internet with some computers, not others! but this is just my theory I Solved: Can connect to internet with some computers, not others! have tried numerous tricks and Laptops B and C just won t connect I don t believe distance is an issue as I have the bad computers right next to the router Thanks for your advice nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Came to pick some brains for help Trying to help OP Rickman at Qwest net forums Told him I would post about problem over here Because of connectivity problems he has just switched his old Actiontec GT -WG for a new Actiontec GT -WG His statement of problem The Vista desktop is connected through ethernet and the XP laptop is wireless I am on my own wireless network and both computers can access the Internet but cannot share files or printer The Vista desktop will show the XP laptop in Network but clicking on it gets a quot Cannot communicate message quot On connect computers but network Can not internet, on to the XP laptop trying to see Workgroup computers gets a message quot Network is not accessible You might not have permissions quot I cannot ping one machine from the other I never tried to ping them when file sharing printing worked before but I would expect that they could I seem to remember some setting on the modem that I Can connect to internet, but not computers on network was told to change to make the networking happen the first time but it was years ago Thank you for you help What I have done so far Asked how he tried to ping Suggested if he pinged only by name to try pinging by actual IP address of each computer Remember seeing a thread here about Hostname IP Address resolution causing similar problem that was solved but couldn t find it Thanks DLSayremn nbsp

A:Can connect to internet, but not computers on network

I suggest the person with the issue post directly. It's much easier to assist without a middleman, and if he can post there, he should be able to post here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-to-internet-but-not-computers-on-network.806805/
Relevancy 61.49%

My ISP provides me the internet connection by LAN. I can connect to any computer in the world but others cannot access mine. I know that people with a router need to do Port Forwarding to achieve this, but I don't even have a router. My ISP can give me a port, through which other people can access my computer through internet, but they charges an exorbitant amount of money for that. Can anybody help me solve my problem? That is how to let other people connect to my computer, with the kind of setup I have.

Configurations of my Machine is :

Network Connections setting for LAN -
IP Address : 10.10.62.11
Subnet Mask : 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway : 10.10.0.1
Preferred DNS Server : 10.10.0.1
This is the IP address for my computer today (external / global) : 61.95.146.82

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 61.49%

Here s up internet how to two computers to dial connect the models and operating systems of my computers PC Dell OptiPlex GX Windows Professional PC HP Pavilion xt Windows ME PC eMachines C Windows XP Home Edition I don t really know a whole lot about Networking I ve currently lost my DSL due some bad service I received from Qwest and how to connect two computers to dial up internet am currently back to using Dial-up My Dell has a Ethernet port and no modem My HP is currently connected online having a modem I still have the Qwest GT DSL modem unplugged and gathering dust I would like to connect these two computers together so they could both use the same internet dial-up connection I m not looking to connect two computers to broadband as for the present time I will be relying on dial-up I m pretty sure this is possible but I don t really have a clue where to start as I ve always relied on one computer to use for the internet I would like to connect these computers the cheapest way possible I can t afford to buy a bunch of gizmo s and gadgets if it requires any Could someone please explain to me in simpleton terms if there is a way or more than one way to connect these two computers at once I m looking for any and all suggestions Thank you Oh yeah in the distant future I would like to connect the emachine I have online also with the other two currently it needs some work done to it so any suggestions here would be appreciated also nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

First off let me say im not very technical .. sorry

Here's our problem, I have a DLINK router, it says its a 10/100 DSS-5+ and we recently moved to a new house. Before we moved, the internet worked perfect, but now we are in another location with a new ISP and since then we cannot get both our computers on the internet at the same time. When I am on the internet, and my bf tries.. it tells him 'page cannot be displayed'. I believe he has already tried going into the router and trying to set an IP up. We are also both using Vista, and did the network fix thing.

My bf is a technical guy, but he cannot seem to get it to work, and I dont really know what troubleshooting steps hes taken, but right now only 1 can use the internet via direct connection to the modem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!!

A:Cannot connect two computers to the internet at the same time.

Sounds like the router is either connected using the wrong port or the router's config is scrambled.
The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-two-computers-to-the-internet-at-the-same-time.929231/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everybody I am on a mission to find out how to properly connect computers to the same Internet quot pipeline quot cable to computers to 2 How INTERNET connect independently? Internet - provider How to connect 2 computers to INTERNET independently? Videotron - Canada in an independent fashion so that when I shut down one computer I do not lose the phone lines and my wife's computer still gets an Internet connection to the outside world We are using Windows the computers are brand new and the Internet connection is strong but the moment I shut down my computer within minutes my wife computer will lose her Internet line and the phones will die I am at a loss as to how to solve this since I have tried all combinations permutations you name it and nothing seems to work Could it be my Internet provider's fault or am I doing something wrong when I connect everything to the router Items computers tab Iphones Linksys router modem from Videotron the Internet provider Windows - x Please help me solve this conundrum I know that I need a fresh take from A-Z on how I should be doing things so the network works regardless of either computers being on or off Thank you kindly for your support G

A:How to connect 2 computers to INTERNET independently?

Using a standard router with DHCP enabled should be all you need. You may need to add a switch if you want connections in other rooms. The switch would need to be connected to the router by using an Ethernet cable.

A router with both wired and wireless Ethernet is probably best. The other computers being on or off won't matter with this type of network, that only applies if you are using ICS "internet connection sharing".

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222430-how-connect-2-computers-internet-independently.html
Relevancy 60.63%

One system has XP and the one with 98. The computer with 98 has the modem (and uses compuserve). Both computers are networked together. How can I connect them both to the internet at the same time (using compuserve?)? Thanks in advance for the help.

A:how could i connect two computers to the internet at the same time using a modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-could-i-connect-two-computers-to-the-internet-at-the-same-time-using-a-modem.94495/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello

thanks for you service

I got internet cafe and I got some problem with the connectin because customers some times complain from the connection is very slow

I got very high speed connection with buldog provider 8mb

I got 30 computers in the shop

I got one router netgear

any one can help me solving this problem please?

I want the connection to be very fast all the time how!

thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

There are two computers on our network that suddenly stopped connecting to the internet according to the user All the other computers are running just fine Neither Google Chrome or IE can connect to any webpage However both computers can access anything else on the network and also randomly change from showing internet access Computers Internet? to Suddenly on Network Cannot Connect to no internet access in the network center Also even though no webpages can be loaded the computer is still apparently connected to the internet because they can be accessed remotely through Team Viewer from outside the network over the internet System Restore helped with nothing and I tried to install Ad-Aware to do a scan but the installation fails because it cannot connect to the internet The machines are running Windows Professional x bit It was the same user who was on both machines when they went down and based on the browsing history it looks like this could possibly be related to some sort of malware spyware as opposed to coincidental hardware issues Edit - I did check the Ethernet cables with my laptop and have no issues connecting to the internet from the laptop

A:Computers on Network Suddenly Cannot Connect to Internet?

I hope your company's security infrastructure's intact and strong, so that whatever is troubling these two computers [via downloads and/or internet installs] will not travel to other computers within the company.  Could the company-wide security systems also be "interrupting" this particular user's "interneting?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564721/computers-on-network-suddenly-cannot-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 60.63%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 60.2%

HI am i have two computers, computer A running windows 7 pro and computer B running windows 7 ultimate,both computers are hooked to a switch.The network printers are also connected to the switch..internet cable plugged on the switch.
i have assigned the computers and printers with static IP addresses but now that i got internet i don't know what step to take to maintain my Homegroup and be able to share files and connect the two computers to the internet,the last time i tried using the public file sharing i got access denied while opening shared folders and unidetified network

D-Link 8 port switch
Konica minolta Bizhub c220 printer
Hp 2025 dn printers
Two windows 7 machines

Help me My dear friends

A:Connect two computers,two printers to share files and internet

Slickgeek, why don't you let your router assign IP addresses via DHCP then create your Homegroup, setup your shares and be done. Seems your doing to much work when it could be easier. Just checking!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216751-connect-two-computers-two-printers-share-files-internet.html
Relevancy 60.2%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I want to ask anyone here who has the experience connecting computers from one main server. My situation is like this, I have one main server (WIN Server 2008) where I want to be the main controller to all the computers that is connected to it. Problem is I don't want it to be a domain controller because many of the computers are either Vista or Win 7 Starter. One other thing is that the server has an internet connection on it and I would like the other computers to have the internet connection as well... thanks for your reply..peace

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noobs-how-to-connect-the-internet-to-several-computers-via-win-server-2008.1011348/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I was told that I can use a wireless router to connect 2 computers to a single printer & also connect both computers to the internet via a single cable & modem. How would I do that? I think I understand the internet part. I need a cable from the modem to the router and then two cables from the router, with one going to each computer. Is that correct? If not, please enlighten me.

Then what about the printer? How would the connections be configured so that either computer can print with the one printer?

Thanks.

A:How Do I Connect 2 Computers to 1 Printer & One Internet Cable Modem?

You can either connect the printer to one of the machines and share it, or buy a print server so that the printer is independent of either machine. The only downside of connecting it to one computer is that you'll need that machine to be on to print (obviously).

What you described with cables all around doesn't require a wireless router, though a wireless router will do the job, as they also have wired ports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-2-computers-to-1-printer-one-internet-cable-modem.353048/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have a packard bell laptop and i have generic desktop my problem is the desktop has no keyboard or monitor can i connect the desktop to the laptop?
what do i need and how do i go about it?
cheers

A:connect two computers

Yorien says:

Duh, as far as I know you cannot connect the laptop's screen or keyboard to a Desktop PC. Sorry.

Yorien Dragonard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-computers.277126/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've seen some cables to connect 2 systems, 1 CRT, in a computer catalog. Is it a good idea, one computer has Windows 98 and the other is the new one with XP home. Any advise would be great.
ALso plan on buying and external CD burner, read the thread talking about the NEC DL ND-3500A. Found it in EBAy, any other suggestion on where can I get it at cheap price.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a pc n a laptop that I wish to connect so that I can share net connection.

I already have networking (just a simple wire connected to both) to transfer data, but that way I cant share the net. What are the things needed to do that, I dont have much idea about this. I am thinking of buying a LAN card, do I need to buy something more too ?

Thx in advance!

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys. I have a print server. I need to connect two computers to one printer using my print server.

Relevancy 47.73%

I connected two computers with an Ethernet crossover cable but they cannot communicate. One computer runs Windows 2000 and the other Windows XP. Both computers have the network services and TCP/IP protocols installed. Both are part of Workgroup. I cannot assign static IP addresses as Windows 2000 is connected to a cable modem for internet access.
The computer that runs Windows 2000 can see the other one but not the shared files.
The computer that runs Windows XP cannot see anything.
Please help.

A:I cannot connect my two computers

I know for a fact you can set a static IP in Windows 2000. Go into Control Panel>Network Connections and right-click and go to the properties of your Ethernet connection, not your cable modem. In the first Tab, there should be a drop down box - double-click Internet Protocol TCP/IP v4, or whatever (I am on Vista and am trying to remember what everything is called).

Do the same for XP, then set the static IPs to be 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101, one on each computer obviously, and tab down to get the default subnet mask. OK everything and you should be able to type the name of the computer into windows explorer and a list of shared folders will show up. You may need to mess with firewalls...not sure if they take affect for LAN connections. That should be all you need to do - the connections should be good to go both ways. I have done this many times, so it should work if they are both on Workgroup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-two-computers.87384/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay, so I just bought a Dell Inspiron 530 , just received it yesterday, and cannot connect to any networks. We have 2 other computers (a HP Pavilion dv6500 laptop running Vista) and another one that my bf built himself, running Xp. The dell is running XP as well. I tried to connect to our router (D-LInk model is DIR-615) directly with cable and i still can't get the internet. the wireless is not working either, JUST in the Dell. I feel like I've tried everything but can't get it to work please help!!!!

A:Can't connect 1 of 3 computers....

Please don't post duplicate threads for the same issue, answered in your other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-1-of-3-computers.753363/
Relevancy 47.73%

how can I connect 2 computers? a desktop, and a laptop, both can connect to internet at the same time. Do I need to have a software installed? Or I can connect both "as is", i mean no softwares needed, only using the internet, or the phone port. Is this possible? if yes, please help.

*both computers are Windows.

A:how to connect 2 computers?

Start here: http://www.homenethelp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-2-computers.405290/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I am try two connect two computers via a crossover cable. But in some trouble.
One of my Computers has Windows 7 Operating System & the another has Windows Xp Operating System.
I just want to transfer Data fastly. But I can't afford a router or an ethernet hub. Please Help.

A:Connect Two Computers

Hello Nishant Verma , and welcome to SevenForums. This is the only thing I am aware of that works : Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339479-connect-two-computers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

Does anyone have any ideas? Greatful for answers.

I'm trying to connect two computers, using an utp cable. So I could transfer data between the two (I do not need to connect them on the internet or anything). But it does not work, so.. this is what iīm working with and what i have.

- 2 * XP Professional computers
- 1 * UTP Cable between these two
- Both have the same value entered for "workgroup"
- I have shared the folders I want to be visible over the network
- I have assigned them diffrent IP numbers (Im clueless here)
- I have gone through the wizzard a few times now...

Browsing the workgroup nothing pops up..

Ok, thatīs the basics. Anyone with ideas

Relevancy 47.73%

I have two computers(HP & DIT). I want to use them both. When I unplug the cables from one computer to use on the other the "Local Area Connection" is disconnected. I have to use the Installation CD-ROM to reinstall the USB Drivers. I have plugged both computers into a KVM Switch but have the same problem. I would like to be able to use both computers without installing drivers when I change from one to the other.

Harry Danner [email protected]

A:Connect two computers

Do both PCs have an ethernet port?

If yes, then get a router and plug both PCs to the router and the router to the modem. No drivers, and the KVM will never touvh your connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-computers.872184/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok i have searched other fourms but it seems i cant find answers.

when i try to make a new "connection" i go to "control panel > network connectons>new connection>next>set up advanced connection>next my computer freezes for about a min or two and i get this error

"incoming connections depend on the routing and remote access service which was unable to start"

anyone have any ideas how to fix this or why this would say this? this is my first time trying to connect two computers.. I have my xbox 360 and this computer networking so that i can watch movies on my 360 that are on my computer, would this cause this problem?

i am running XP home SP2

A:Cant Connect Two Computers

Start - Run:
SERVICES.MSC
ok

Maximize the Services Window
Scroll down to Routing and Remote Access
Double click on it
Change the Startup type from "Disabled" to "Automatic"
Click on Apply
Click on Start (within that box)
Close (X) the Services Window

Go back to setting up your network
I use Start-Run - NETSETUP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-two-computers.95916/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have two computers and my internet is with cable i dont have a modem so can i use direct cable from one computer to another

A:How to connect two computers

Quote: Originally Posted by Albanian

Hi I have two computers and my internet is with cable i dont have a modem so can i use direct cable from one computer to another

There are several ways. the easiest is to use a "cross over" cable, or "null modem" cable If one of the computers has two ethernet ports.

Could you tell us about both. wifi, and ethernet.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74618-how-connect-two-computers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HOW DO SEND INFORMATION FROM MY LAPTOP (WIN 98) TO MY DESKTOP (WIN 98) i AM TRYING TO USE PARALLEL PORT, BUT THE COMPUTERS CAN'T SEEM TO FIND EACH OTHER

A:Connect Two Computers

I'm assumming that you are using the DCC build in win to achive that. What you need is to add the Netbeui and IPX/SPX protocols on top of the TCP/IP that you should already have...
Then start DCC on host machine then start DCC on client. Don't forget to enable " sharing" on both machines

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-computers.73713/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Im new and I do not know 2 computers Cant connect if this is Cant connect 2 computers the right area if not maybe the moderator can move it to the right spot I have a Dell desktop and using Cant connect 2 computers winxp I also have a Dell Insiron laptop with winxp When I first got them both a computer man here in town sold me a cable that connected the together everything worked fine till I messed up the laptop I deleted the wrong account and had to reload windows then I had a problem with the desktop and had to do the same Before all this I was able to quot Communicate quot between the now I cant I can not remember how to set it up all I remember is that I had to go somewhere and create a share folder Can youn help me set it back up I looked through some of the forum first for an answer but this seems to be a rather large forum Thanks Did you know that Doppler used the shifting of the white light in the spectrum to prove that our universe is expanding in all directions at the rate of million miles per hour nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I want to connect my laptop to my desktop and use the same printer and internet connection. I am not sure how to do that exactly. Do I need a USB cable to connect the two or can everything connect through a router? Any way if you can help that would be great.

Thanks for your advice,
Charlie

A:How can I connect two computers together?

Hey Charlie,
Well I have done this in the the past is that you connect the desktop to where ever you get your internet from whether it be a modem or a direct connection to the wall using a usb cable. You then connect the ethernet port from your laptop to the ethernet port in your desktop. On your laptop, I am assuming you are using windows xp, you set up a new network connection with the option "this computer connects to the internet through another computer or gateway".
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-connect-two-computers-together.95503/
Relevancy 46.87%

Up simultaneously connect 2 computers Cannot until today I have had computers on my wireless network an HP desk top and a HP laptop both running Vista I have Cannot connect 2 computers simultaneously a Netgear router I ve never had a problem with accessing the internet I just purchase a Toshiba laptop with windows giving me a total of computers on Cannot connect 2 computers simultaneously the network Now I can t get both laptops to access the internet at the same time The desktop pc will connect fine with either laptop connected but I m unable to get both laptops to work simultaneously I can get the hp laptop to connect with the other if I connect directly into the router however that configuration does not work if I connect directly with the Toshiba I hope this is not to confusing Basiclly the desktop works no matter what but the laptops will only connect to the internet if the other one of them is turned off Any help would be much appreciated Dale nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a desktop computer, laptop , DSL connection and 1 lan card in a desktop which uses by DSL connection. Please tell me how to connect the laptop to the desktop so that i can transfer files between both the computers...is this possible by USB cable. Please solve my problem. In both the system Windows XP Pro SP2 is isntalled.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I am clueless so please bear with connect computers I 2 need to one DSL?Network?? to do What me I have desktop computers An old Compaq that I have upgraded hard drive cd burner win XP etc but it has no ethernet card I have a D Link DFE- TX pci adapter and a Linksys Wireless-G pci adapter wmp not installed just What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? bought them cheap I want to move the old computer upstairs and use both computers from the same DSL connection New computer is Emachines don t laugh-I m poor windows XP ethernet port on front westell modem via Bellsouth DSL and Vonage Motorola router My question is should I put the pci adapter in the old machine and use a wireless router to connect the What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? machines Or what should I do I am pretty secure working inside the machines but I am clueless as to what I need to put in them to get them to share the DSL What do I need to connect 2 computers to one DSL?Network?? I would greatly appreciate details and instructions for dummies Thanks in advance Homescool nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

Can anyone tell me please how to connect my computer through networking.

Thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

I am looking for software to connect 3 webcams for the holidays. All the webcams are in differnt states.

I am exploring what webcam to buy but wanted to know if i can conference 3 total feeds?

Relevancy 46.87%

I've been trying to connect to windows live messenger for ages this morning, but none of the programs I tried work. But a friend on yahoo says he's able to connect to WLM just fine.
I've tried trillian astra, pidgin, WLM, meebo and some other web-based service whose name I forget, and when they all failed I tried atsra again on another computer and it still failed. On WLM I get error code 80072efd.
I tried checking the server status, but the site says "Sorry, Spaces is temporarily unavailable at this time. The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I've tried two computers, one with vista, one with XP (SP3). I'm worried the problem is with my router, but I have no idea how to fix that.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
I have two computers in my home. A laptop and a desktop. Both are connected to my wireless router wirelessly. Laptop has Windows Vista and desktop has Windows 7. I tried to connect the computers wirelessy for file-sharing. But i failed. someone help me. Note: While im in my desktop (windows 7), the other computer (windows vista) is listed in the network. But when i double-click to access it, it prompts a window saying "Windows cannot access \\computer2 check spelling of the name blah blah blah".

Relevancy 46.87%

Computer A main computer ........printer hard-wired to it.
Computer A wireless connection to router.
Computer B wireless too. no printer.
Computer C hard-wired to router. no printer
Can B and C 'address' and use the printer at A ???

............. how would that be done?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have an old desktop (IBM NetVista) operating Windows 2000, and a new laptop (Toshiba Satellite A-135-S4727) operating Vista Home Premium. My printer is a Canon EX310 multimedia. I'm able to print from each computer separately by disconnecting and reconnecting the printer cable to whichever computer I want to use. It works, but it's inconvenient. Can I connect the printer to both computers at the same time -- so I don't have to keep switching the connection? If so, what cords, cables, ports, adapters, etc., do I need?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys,

i have a wireless network setup and have 3 computer connected wirelessly. A macbook and a windows laptop which work fine over wireless. The third is an iMac that is also connected wirelessly to the router. However the internet on the imac is hanging and dropping out constantly and it is unusable. when the dropouts occur the wireless is still connected with full signal so it does not lose connection but the internet is lost through the connection if that makes sense?

any ideas?

thanks heaps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-computers-connect-one-doesent.838289/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to connect two computers to each other that both use windows 7. I'm wondering about when it asks me for a username and password, and because there is no password, we put ion the username and left password blank. Then it brought us to another window that asked for a username and password, and we could not go any further. How do I get them connected? and is it safe to set the password protected file sharing to 'off' or do I run the risk of someone hacking into my network? Thank you.

A:Cannot connect two computers to network

Quote:
I am trying to connect two computers to each other that both use windows 7

But your Subject says you want to connect to a network.

If wanting to connect the 2 computers only to each other you could try an Ethernet Cross-over cable or maybe a LapLink USB cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367325-cannot-connect-two-computers-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi im having problems getn my bro's computer (toshiba laptop) to wirelessly connect to my router (cisco linksys e3000) wirelessly but works with cord. he connects to my router and aftr it attempts to idenify the router it shows unidentified network and local only (password was a success)

mine (windows vista) connects fine wireless and with wire, xbox live works peachy (using cord for best connection possable)

no problems with mine or xbox live so how do i get my bro's comp to work wirelessly with my router

Relevancy 46.87%

hi all, i cant seem to get second pc connected online over wired network with no router, says low connectivity & unidentified network, i connected just fine when i had window xp pro 32bit on frist pc, but when i install windows 7 on first pc, i could not connected online at all with second pc

A:trying to connect two computers, with windows 7

For your Network setup, Did you choose HOMEGROUP or WorkNetwork ?

HOMEGROUP only works well between 2 or more Win7 computers.

Worknetwork works with Vista, Xp, Windows 2000 .

" Doc "

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50391-trying-connect-two-computers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

All please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere deep in the threads but I can't find it I have three computers running Win that have completely failed to work in the network after I upgraded from to Computer A is a desktop it is connected to the router by Ethernet cable to a Netgear WRN L modem Computer B is a laptop Homegroup Connect Will 3 Computers Not wirelessly connected to the network It has also been connected via Ethernet Homegroup Will Not Connect 3 Computers with no help Computer C is also a laptop and wirelessly connected to the network We have created a homegroup and it worked great up until the upgrade Now Computer A sees everything and is able to connect to B and C via the homegroup play songs Homegroup Will Not Connect 3 Computers etc It is also able to see appropriate icons etc on the network as well Computers B and C get only generic icons in the homegroup and no files can be accessed Attempting to connect via the network gives the following error COMPUTER A B or C as appropriate is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network address is invalid I have done the Microsoft troubleshooter checked to make sure the appropriate services are running and done everything imaginable from Google and Bing searches to no avail All three computers have identical settings I even created an identical account from the one on Computer B on Computer A but to no avail Computers B and C can not access files on another computer and give the error message whenever I try to access another computer via the network I really don't want to have to use a password every time I want to play a song off my wife's computer which I understand I will do if I set up a work group Which I really haven't figured out how to do I am normally pretty decently tech savvy but this one has me and my year old son Who is much better at this than I am completely befuddled Please help Thank you in advance

A:Homegroup Will Not Connect 3 Computers

Just to be sure the permissions are set correctly, right click on every shared resource on each of the three computers and select "Share with > Homegroup."

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12855-homegroup-will-not-connect-3-computers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I want to access printer on two windows xp computers using speedstram 6520 router

Relevancy 46.87%

I just wanted to know on how to make more than my computer to show up on my network I am mostly on my Wireless network connection a lot but so much as Lan which is hard-wired Now I would just like to see on how to get some other computers on my own network be it wireless or Lan I know this command I put into the command prompt which is the Net View command I go to my prompt and type in net view and it says the command has completed successfully and my computer name is there as well But no other computers are there at all except for my own So why is this for I would really appreciate it to see some (IP how I in computers addresses net to more know on connect to would my to some like other computer names listed there on my command prompt when I type in Net View but I just see my own name there That is no good So is there any way to figure this out Do you have any ideas or solutions for me that will work And also I use Cain and Able a lot to check other computers and their IP's So when I click on ARP Poisoning that won't work either I tried on my wireless and my Lan but I had no luck Actually I am not sure if I tried Lan or not I will have to look into that The ARP Poisoning I think actually works I can get it to say quot Posioning quot but then it just sits there and does nothing Also at first I use the sniffer to start off And when I scan my wireless network it just shows up only my router gateway IP and my older Dell desktop IP and that is it It only shows like IP's in my network So something is not right here at all Do I need to buy a special Usb stick called Airpcap NX wireless packet capture I looked online and I saw that this was really expensive so I do not think I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net it is worth it Well anyway so that is about it So I would I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net like to know if it is possible to get some more computers and their IP's into my wireless network or my Lan Because I have no idea on I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net how to do this And I know that this process is possible but I can't figure out on how to do it And this goes for entering the Net View command into the command prompt So please give me some help and adivce any help would be greatly appreciated So please get back to me as soon as you can So thank you very much

A:I would like to know on how to connect to some more computers (IP addresses in my net

How many computers are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-on-how-to-connect-to-some-more-computers-ip-addresses-in-my-net-696186.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Been dealing endlessly with tech support and tried various wifi adapters but won't bore you with the details I just installed a PCI wireless card Edimax EW- In and also have a Broadcom NetLink Gigabit card not wireless Basically everything works fine on other computers in the house so I know it's not the router The drivers for both Cannot connect wireless all to other although computers can the wireless and Cannot connect to wireless although all other computers can Gigabit card are correctly installed and even worked earlier today for a while But now I get no connection and the router seems to be unable to assign me an IP address DHCP is on I've tried hard-rebooting the router taking out the wireless card and all the other standard stuff I've tried manually enterring the IP address DNS and gateway but that doesn't work either IPconfig gives me something very basic Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix And nothing else I've reinstalled the drivers disabled and enabled everything tried all permutations I can think of but nothing works Any help would be massively appreciated

A:Cannot connect to wireless although all other computers can

Go into command prompt and ping the default gateway that your having problems with to see if get a reply

Then try these out
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237220-cannot-connect-wireless-although-all-other-computers-can.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I'm using Windows XP PRO and have always been able to connect to my "WORKGROUP" computers but all of a sudden I get the message that I can not connect and they can't connect to me either.

I am able to get on the internet just fine.

Any HELP???

A:Can No Longer Connect To Other Computers

Usually this is related to firewall. Have you made any changes to the pc that you mention?

Will help if you post the exact message you receive when trying to access other computers on the network and visa versa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-no-longer-connect-to-other-computers.511976/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have two computers - one desktop and one laptop, and one LAN cable. I have several large files on the desktop which I need to transfer to my laptop. How do I connect the two computers using a LAN cable so I can just copy and paste the files from one computer to another. I've seen it done so many times! hmmm.
Please help,

Faraz

Relevancy 46.87%

two computers need to connect both to broadband. One is connected to bb
already but how do I connect the second one up...it is is a different room....do I just need a wirless router and thats all? how does it work?

any info/ or any good links would be great..

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

So everything was fine until today when I woke up. My internet wouldn't work, it was saying that I was connected with internet access but never gave me it. I checked my router settings and it shows all the correct things.

So then, I decided to check my brother's computer which is in the same room and he couldn't connect either. I turned my computer off and somehow, my brother's computer had internet access and could access the internet.

So, I need help.

Posting from my brother's PC now. I have attempted everything, restarted the power to everything about 5 times. Our internet has always worked and has until today.

A:Can't connect two computers to one router?

router should be set up with dhcp ON, so it can assign different IP addresses to the pcs. both pc's should be set to obtain their IP addresses automatically. if the pcs have been set with fixed IP addresses, they will conflict and only one will get on, typically the first one that boots up, which sounds like your problem. hopefully you have access to the pc adapter settings and the router settings. if you must use fixed ip addresses make sure they are different on each pc.

note: even if the router is set to supply dhcp, it also may have a setting to force a fixed IP to a specific MAC address, which is unique to each pc. again, if used, this must assign different ip addresses to each device. also check your lease tables.

check your pc settings by opening an admin. command prompt and typing

ipconfig /all

then hit return. compare settings to same on working pc. incorrect dns settings can cause an apparent good connection without it being able to actually browse.

if the non-connecting pc is not picking up an IP correctly, windows assigns an APIPA (automatic private ip address) in the range 169.x.y.z. the router won't let that get on the internet tho it's OK for your local area network. sometimes right clicking the notification tray icon & choosing 'troubleshoot...' might fix that.

checking the logs on the router, and on the pc (with event viewer) may guide you as well if the above doesn't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267949-cant-connect-two-computers-one-router.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a PC and a laptop. The laptop is wireless, and connects to the internet without a problem. My main issue is that I want to be able to print from my laptop, while the printer is hooked up to the PC. I've gotten as far as putting both computers in the same workgroup, but I am unable to see the laptop from the PC, and vice versa.
I really don't know what to do, and would need to be walked through it step by step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.87%

This connect certain router SOME computers cannot to is SOME computers cannot connect to certain router a strange problem and I cannot find ANYONE else who seems to have it My roommate's computer is the only known computer that will connect to our wireless router in fact all other computers don't even pick up the signal at all as in there are quot no wireless networks in range quot My pc and at least others that I know of cannot find the wireless All of these computers have no internet issues in all other situations - wireless and LAN This is the only router modem that gives problems I used to connect through LAN to the router and that worked fine My computer had a problem Windows was reinstalled and the computer that I borrowed in interim connected through the LAN just fine still not wireless Now my computer fixed with Windows reinstalled will not connect through LAN - I just get quot Limited or No Connectivity quot Some computers can connect through the LAN some do not there is no pattern with brand model of computer My computer's stats are IBM Lenovo Thinkpad T Windows XP Professional SP Intel CPU T The router's stats are Motorola SURFboard model SB As you can probably guess Microsoft says it is a router problem and Motorola says it is a Windows problem we have never tried to connect an Apple THINGS I HAVE TRIED --power cycling router computers --resetting winsock --flushing DNS resolver cache --trying to release IP error quot The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation quot --tried to renew IP error quot The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation quot This is what shows up when I do quot ipconfig all quot Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Melissa gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name melissa- xu kwh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - - - - - Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Physical Address - - - -B - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - -CE-EE- F- Please for the love of god someone help me This is the most ridiculous problem ever Thanks all

A:SOME computers cannot connect to certain router

Welcome to TSG....

Wireless routers have security settings for WAP, WEP etc and if the SSID is turned so it is not visible like it is turned off other laptops or computers will not see it unless they have the correct security settings for the particular router. The best I could do is give you some articles that might help solve this:

Quick and Painless Wi-Fi Security
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1770356,00.asp

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;870702

I think that if the security like WEP or such is turned-on and the SSID is set this might be the problem becasue the router works but just with the one computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/some-computers-cannot-connect-to-certain-router-246998.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, i am currently having issues with my networking.

1: I am unable to connect my Windows 7 PC to my Windows 7 Mini laptop so i can share internet. The connection is there, it just wont allow internet. any ideas?
2: i have a netgear G54 Wireless PCI adaptor that REFUSES to install correctly. iv done everything it asks,TWICE. i even got the Updated installer DESIGNED for windows 7. it just wont work. it says it fails to start with a Code 10 error.

Any help is good help.

A:Unable to connect 2 computers together

which machine is connected to the internet - lets see an ipconfig /all for that machine - how is it connected by cable or wireless ?

how are you sharing to the mini laptop - is this using wireless to connect to the PC or cable

have you bridged or used ICS on the windows 7 PC to share

: i have a netgear G54 Wireless PCI adaptor that REFUSES to install correctly.Click to expand...

what machine is this in ?
can we see device manager and ipconfig /all from this machine

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-2-computers-together.987284/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I want to know how i can connect one desktop computer and a laptop computer using a ethernet cable. I want to know the whole process. If anybody can help me.

Thank You
nisarakash

A:how to connect two computers using cables

You need a crossover cable or a hub.
See here:
http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/webmaster/article.php/3293481

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-two-computers-using-cables.669851/
Relevancy 46.87%

Argh, why does networking never work for me?

I have 3 computers, all have Windows XP Pro.

In my Local Area Connection for all 3, I have the Windows Networking service, File and Print Sharing service and the TCP/IP protocol.

I disabled all firewalls and still no computer can access each other. There's a switch that has the 3 computers + a cable modem; internet works perfectly on all 3.

The network is running at 100Mbps.

Any ideas as to why nothing works? I'm accessing the default "SharedDocs" folder.

A:Windows XP Pro computers can't connect

What do you mean by "nothing works"? The computers don't boot up? You can't run your favourite game? Explorer crashes? Or do you mean that you can't see the other computers in the Network neighborhood maybe?

All computers must belong to the same workgroup. You have to enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in TCP/IP settings (enable, not set to automatic).
Also, all computers need to have the same users with the same passwords or you have to share folders with "everyone" permissions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-computers-cant-connect.10586/
Relevancy 46.87%

I currently have computers running different OS s Win WinXP Vista Solaris Ubuntu and Redhat conneted through a KVM switch to share mouse keyboard and monitor I do not want to leave any computer running all the time to share the printers and I do not want to add a server 8 to computers 4 printers? Connect to my configuration Currently I have a Linksys broadband with wireless router serving internet to all computers I also have a usb hub that has all printers and external hard drives connected to it Connect 8 computers to 4 printers? and it is connected to one computer at a time Every time I need it for a different computer I have to unconnected it from that computer and connect it to the one that now needs it What equipment would I need to be able to have a wireless printer switch Connect 8 computers to 4 printers? for all four printers to connect wirelessly to my Linksys router and how can I go about setting up Connect 8 computers to 4 printers? a hub for all my external hard drives to be shared to each computer nbsp

A:Connect 8 computers to 4 printers?

You need a print server and network adapters for your USB devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-8-computers-to-4-printers.757083/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi i'm new to this forum and, sadly, a novice when it comes to overall computer no how. I've had a netgear wgr614 wireless router for about 2 years and it's been working fine until about 2 months ago when i came back from campus. When i go to the wireless connect screen and choose my home router it will have the little connect icon showing that it is "acquiring the network address" but it never connects. My sister's laptop does the exact same thing and when my cousin came over and brought his laptop it wouldn't connect either. But my mom and dad's laptop connects just fine and so does the desktop downstairs *it uses a wireless adapter* I suspect it has something to do with an ip problem but i have no idea how to resolve that sort of thing . If anyone can help it'll be greatly appreciated ^___^

A:can't connect to router, other computers can

I suspect this is really an encryption key issue.

I'd start by disabling encryption on the router and see if it connects. Then enable encryption with a known key, and see if you can connect. For WEP, use ONLY the HEX key option, not the passcode option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-router-other-computers-can.601796/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi There I have a Belkin router in my home which two PCs wirelessly connect to with no problems I also connect my laptop to the wireless network when I bring it back from university However this time when I try to connect a problem occurs I go to look at the list of wireless networks connect to my one and a message appears telling me I m connected But then when I try to access the internet nothing happens ie an quot unable to connect quot screen appears Troubleshooting steps I ve taken so far Reset the router and turned off all security Again the laptop said it was connected then my browser failed to connect one can't! network... can to connect my Two computers to the internet Turned off my laptop firewall Tried different browsers on my laptop Typed to access the router itself but it fails to bring up the router menu when I do this on the PCs I can bring up a router menu Tried attaching the laptop to the router Two computers can connect to my network... one can't! with a network cable Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated Ben nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a home wireless network and my service provider is Suddenlink I use a DLink modem and have two Tosiba laptops All of this has been working fine until two wireless connect through one computers, only will this morning when two computers, only one will connect through wireless one of the laptops won t connect to the internet when I run the trouble shooting guides on it I get messages that the problem is that the modem won t connect to the internet However the other laptop this one is working fine when I look at the network map i two computers, only one will connect through wireless see both computers and a green line to the modem on this computer there is also a green line from modem to internet the other computer shows a res x on the modem to internet line this is a sudden change i have restarted the computer the modem and the router I can also conenect this computer to the internet via a mifi that I have but not the other laptop there are no red x s on any of the hardware when I go to the quot manage quot computer nbsp

A:two computers, only one will connect through wireless

can we see an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot from the faulty pc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection wil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-only-one-will-connect-through-wireless.1065664/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am intersted in doing this too Both are running Windows XP The old one has GB hard drive the new one has GB So I get this CAT cable Now what do I do with it Isn t there one that is made especially for this Is there another way What will the result be Will I get some kind of two connect computers Direct quot new hardware found quot message Will they behave as one computer Or what Will I have all the icons from both computers on Direct connect two computers my desktop And of course can I access all programs as if it were one computer Or what When I download new programs how do I tell it which drive I want it to go on to Will I get some kind of message box asking whether I want drive X or Drive Z Will computer automaticly be on the internet DSL Or is there something special that I have to do there Would I maybe have to delete programs that are duplicates from one or the other so they don t get themselves confused Or what Thanks in advance for any help here Five nbsp

A:Direct connect two computers

All the crossover cable does is connect the two PCs. You will need to set up a network...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/direct-connect-two-computers.728072/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am not sure if this should be posted in this forum or not but it is essentially a windows problem I recently had a run-in with a virus malware that was running ping exe in my background constantly I had tried several programs PC-Cillin Malwarebytes which never found the problem I had found a Can't to on connect / network computers the see other forum post somewhere else that recommended ComboFix as the solution Stupid me I just downloaded it and ran it without reading any of the disclaimers instructions On a positive note all of my virus malware related problems are solved However now I can no longer see any of the other computers on Can't see / connect to other computers on the network my network I have verified that both my NIC and wireless card drivers are both up to date I have Can't see / connect to other computers on the network also changed my workgroup to match up to the balance of the computers on my network even though I never had to do that previously I have tried quot repairing quot my network connection and get the following Can't see / connect to other computers on the network error when doing so quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Clearing NetBT For assistance contact the person who manages your network quot I am running Windows XP Pro SP Thanks Ryan

A:Can't see / connect to other computers on the network

Worth a look, http://xphunt3r.blogspot.com/2008/11/error-clear-netbt-solved.html .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432420/cant-see-connect-to-other-computers-on-the-network/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi!

I want to connect two computers directly to each other so that I can transfer some files between them. One of them is on Windows XP and the other is on Windows Vista. I already have the crossover Ethernet cable and the two computers are already connected. I just need help with network configuration and setting this up. Any help please?

Thanks!

Relevancy 46.87%

I have two computers hooked up to the internet via a router. How can I hook both computers to one printer?

Relevancy 46.87%

So I ll try to describe my problem as best as I can I just installed a new computer on my network and it joined the network great and I can access all computers on the network and vice versa except for one When I view the workgroup computers and click on this particular computer I ll call it Comp it asks for a username and password So I go over to comp and try to access the new computer and it asks for the same username and password However from Comp I can access the other computers on the network just fine and vice versa For some On Network Connect Won't Need Help, Two Computers reason that is beyond my understanding of networking these two computers require this username and password for access So in summary these two computers can access every computer on the network and vice versa except each other Any ideas are greatly appreciated Both of these Computers are Windows Professional and password protection is turned off on all computers Thanks Nate nbsp

A:Need Help, Two Computers Won't Connect On Network

Anyone with ideas????
Thanks,
Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-two-computers-wont-connect-on-network.1098820/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Comcast triple play internet, phone and tv. I have a Arris TG862G/CT modem that has 4 ethernet ports on it. 1 cable goes from the modem and plugs into my computer. Can I run another cable to one of the other ethernet ports on the modem to another computer?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a friend who now has a desktop computer with XP and he plans to buy a laptop with Vista. Will this create a problem with a router or does it not make any difference what system the computers have that will be connected to it?
Thanks,

A:Connect computers to Router

It will not create any problems, you can have any mix of computers running any O/S they like on the same router/network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-computers-to-router.912551/
Relevancy 46.87%

Giday I have an inoperable hardrive in a old machine to which I did not have Administrator rights to We well had a difference the one day and I set out to cleans it s logic away No nothing to do with the quot connect Trying computers - no two router to steak knives Trying to connect two computers - no router quot I now have a unusable KB HDD that needs some logic thrown it s way I initially thought I d just buy a short connecting cable link the two computers together Went to a local provider they sold me a cable to do the job CAT Not so they should of handed me a Crossover cable instead hours of Web browsing later I might add which I now have Both computers have the correct Ethernet female connections lights on the dead P system yellow green but on the quot Main frame P quot only green The Network Bridge set up on the P - MAC Bridge Miniport shows a transfer rate Mbps The P is stuck in a Intel Boot Agent loop After I connected the crossover cable and changed a BIOS setting on both the P amp P it now tries to connect to the cable Runs an address scan quot client mac addr E F guild F- F- F- F- F dhcp quot numbers are equivalent time the letter appears then hangs up goes back to loop Why didn t I just put the HDD in the working unit and start from there Well it wouldn t get past the post screen read Although it showed up in the BIOS check Type of Memory Size of even with it s registration model number F to abort read or Del to return to BIOS Bought a cheap Raid that made problems worse because when it did not convolute my O S with hang ups it would not show up correctly in the Device Manager it was there just without the support tree not accessible All this because I wanted to store some music on the HDD which was working perfectly but it wouldn t let me download it back onto my MP player add that to the fact that I couldn t add any drivers or update anything something had to give Sorry zzz I ve just realised it s a bit of a rant I ve downloaded an ISO file hopefully then I ll have a DOS O S of some description but how do I get the non windows P to communicate with the XP system P blush Please help Thank you nbsp

A:Trying to connect two computers - no router

That hard drive is dead.
In the picture, it shows Maxtor ATHENA. That is a sign of failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-two-computers-no-router.137644/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have all XP and now have 2 desktops connected to one monitor but wondered if there is some device to connect 3?
If you know if this can be done please tell me what the connecting device is called?

Many thanks.....

A:Can I connect 3 computers to one monitor?

No but its possible to connect multiple monitors to one computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-connect-3-computers-to-one-monitor.364139/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi
Can anyone tell me please What is the Best Method of connecting two Computer Through Networking.
Thanks.

A:How I can Connect two Computers Through Networking?

cmshelper said:

Hi
Can anyone tell me please What is the Best Method of connecting two Computer Through Networking.
Thanks.Click to expand...

make sure both are in the same workgroup...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-i-can-connect-two-computers-through-networking.851209/
Relevancy 46.87%

my network

modem -> router -> wifi

wifi -> win 7 64 bit
wifi -> win 7 32 bit eee laptop
wifi -> win xp 32 bit

win 7 32 bit has 2 shares setup on it, the default user share and the a manual share with permissions set to everybody.

My xp box can access both these shares
My win 7 64 bit box can only access the user share but not the manual share. It can connect to the xp shares.

The win 7 32 laptop can connect to the 64 bit shares and the xp shares.

If I ping from win 7 64 to win 7 32 like this:

ping lappy

it fails. in this case its using ipv6. however if i:

ping 192.168.1.101

it works great.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the win 64bit box to access the win 7 32 bit manual share.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Can't connect to share while other computers can

just bumping hoping for some help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-share-while-other-computers-can-475220.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got a question,
I have 2 computers which have the same 10/100mbps ethernet port, I would like to connect both these computers and set up a file sharing between them. I would like to know is it possible and how do I do it.

A:Trying to Connect 2 Computers using Ethernet

Yes it is possible. To do this, you would need a "cross-over" cable (basically an ethernet cable with a couple wires crossed over).

Of course, you still need to configure some network settings. Go here for more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-2-computers-using-ethernet.27700/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have two desktop AMD computers and Linksys router. Both computers connect fine to internet. I want the computers to file share. Used the XP Pro setup wizard to set up LAN but they will not connect. Host machine has set up in Network Places\MS Windows Network\MSHome\Second(Cliff). "Second(Cliff)" is name/etc second machine. When I try to connect get error message "\\Cliff is not accessable. No permission to use network resources. Network path not found. Have gone through every procedure and read all I can but no solution yet. Am administrator on both machines.

Relevancy 46.44%

So I set up my router and modem and I have the modem connected to the linksys router and the ethernet port to my computer. The computer with the ethernet cable works fine, but all the other laptops can not connect to the wireless. It used to work fine, I did nothing else to it.

Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been doing research wifi with time connect at two computers same Cannot on this for a while and cannot figure this out My husband and I both use Dell Inspiron laptops both different models His runs on Windows and mine is on windows It doesn t seem to matter what network we are on as we have traveled together with these laptops and we have troubles maintaining wifi connection with both laptops on the same network When his connects to the network mine looses connection and cannot connect when his is not connected then my connection is fine it is only the windows laptop that has connection problems though HIs never loses connections I have tried to release my IP address and renew it with no luck I have re-configured the router for our home network recently renamed it set up the security again And I did this using the windows laptop Yet the problem still continues As I said this problem occurs on more than just this network And through additional testing we have discovered that his laptop needs to only be in the same vicinity it doesn t need to even be connected to the network for me to experience problems Any help is welcome because honestly it s becoming a problem for more than just the internet connect lately nbsp

A:Cannot connect wifi with two computers at same time

Hi fonangel, please post the router(s) model next time. Have you tried updating the wifi drivers on manufacturing support site? Might also look into resetting the router and redo the router configurations again then clear network profiles and manually connecting again to see of any improvements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-wifi-with-two-computers-at-same-time.1127643/
Relevancy 46.44%

This is a setup problem. I have a Windows 8 Pro laptop, and a new Windows 7 Laptop. When I try to setup the connection so that I can share files and folders between the two computers, I am asked for the User name and the password. I see the password in the homegroup, but entering it does not help. What is the user name in this case? My computer name or the other computer name or something else? Many thanks.

A:Solved: Can not connect to other computers on network

The new laptop was not connected to any home network. Once connected, I could get access to the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-not-connect-to-other-computers-on-network.1079621/
Relevancy 46.44%

My first post to workgroup Unable other in to computers connect here and potentially a long Unable to connect to other computers in workgroup one but I'll try to keep it brief as I desperately need help One of the main problems is that Unable to connect to other computers in workgroup the symptoms are different every time the computer boots up thereby making it difficult to describe as what happens sometimes does not happen other times The problem is basically that my laptop the main machine from which I work cannot connect to my server and nothing I have tried has fixed the problem The network quot Managed quot by an ADSL router with NAT DCHP etc There are clients They are all set to acquire settings via DCHP Several IP addresses are reserved by MAC address so the machines retain them always and there is a small pool of spare addresses on top of that The workgroup is called Plesbit The clients are Plesbit- running XP Pro acts as a file server and runs Plesbit- running XP Pro a laptop and the workhorse Network drives K-N map to the appropriate shares on the server All work is Unable to connect to other computers in workgroup done from those drives and all data therefore stored on the server Plesbit- running Win SE you can pretty much ignore I tell you it's there only for completeness It's almost never turned on All connect via g wireless For over a year this network has happily run to my original config - boot up the laptop as soon as you log in it connects to the wireless and the network drives automatically map Open any program and your files from the server are there for you But all that stopped about weeks ago Now when I boot up the laptop a bubble appears informing me my network drives could not be reconnected If I launch Windows Explorer go to My Network Places and Microsoft Windows Network it takes quite some time about secs to open and then usually displays the workgroup quot Plesbit quot If I click on Plesbit one of many different things happen - it's different each time It pauses for about secs and then tells me I don't have authority to view the computers I press F and it does the same again repeatedly As but I press F and now it can see the other machines a As but when I click on the server and it gives me the same error as b As and when I click on the server it happily connects giving me access to all the resources it should It opens quickly but displays no member computers at all Repeatedly pressing F does nothing After minutes or so Plesbit- itself appears in the workgroup but Plesbit- the server never does Any idea why this has suddenly started happening So far I have - Uninstalled ZoneAlarm from both computers and rely now only on the router's firewall No effect - Wiped the network settings on both machines and re-created everything from scratch both manually and using the Network Setup Wizard No effect - Tried two different wireless adapters on the laptop and plugged it directly into the switch by cable Uninstalled the wireless adapters completely and updated to the latest firmware No effect - Borrowed another laptop and set up that up for access to the network The problem could not be replicated and it functioned as mine always used to with the network drives always connecting on startup as they should - Removed and re-installed Client For Microsoft Networks - Removed and re-installed File amp Printer Sharing For Microsoft Networks I have yet to find a way to remove and re-instal the TCP IP stack on XP IIRC correctly you cannot do this Even when it absolutely will not connect to the server I can still - Browse the internet amp connect to the router interface - Ping the server by IP address It will NOT ping by name - Log in to the server using Remote Desktop - See the laptop from the server when using Remote Desktop but not connect to it - See the laptop from the router interface listed as an quot attached device quot However it used to be listed as quot Plesbit- quot and now it is listed as quot Unknown quot... Read more

A:Unable to connect to other computers in workgroup

Give these two a try, you did say XP-SP2, right?

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset [log_file_name]

Note: the log_file_name needs to be specified, e.g. netsh int ip reset reset.log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-to-other-computers-in-workgroup-48519.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So here's the map:
http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1317194950

PC1 is using windows 7 basic 86x and is connected directly to the router.
PC2 is using windows 7 ultimate 64x and is connected wirelessly.

How can I connect between them wirelessly?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to connect 2 computers using different versions of windows 7?

Have you tried RDPing from one machine to another.

If both are connected to he same wi fi, there should not be any issues. Do you have a specific need?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189023-how-connect-2-computers-using-different-versions-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

We have a computer running Win XP Pro and use this as a File Server.
Does Windows XP limit the number of connected users that can access a shared directory.???

Someone told me 10 is this true?????? Yes

Yes, it's really true. XP-Home has a 5 connection limit, and XP-Pro and Win-2K has a 10 connection limit.

Is there away around this????? I want to coonect 15 to the file server.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi
i have 2 comps and a printer which is connected to one of the computers
these two computers are in different rooms
they are not connected in anyway

any possibility of me using the printer with both the computers and how?
without the use of LAN or Internet networking!!

Relevancy 46.44%

I am a total nerd when it comes to networking I have two computers and two routers The first computer is connected to a Motorola SURFboard model SBG and this is my primary router and is connected to cable My second computer is connected to a NETGEAR WRN Model N I am running Windows Ultimate on my primary computer and Win Home Premium on my second computer I have the second computer plugged into the Number port of the Motorola which is plugged into the Internet port of the without computers Solved: crossover Connect 2 Netgear The LAN port of the second computer is connected to the number port of the Netgear My problem is how do I get the second computer to share stuff printer files etc with the first computer The reason for two routers is to extend WIFI I don t think this is a problem but my Satellite TV is also connected to my primary router Solved: Connect 2 computers without crossover and if I open NETWORK see screenshot on the start menu on my primary computer it sees COMPUTERS MEDIA DEVICES it sees and in OTHER DEVICES it sees another satellite device Solved: Connect 2 computers without crossover and the software for my Smart Phone If I open NETWORK CONNECTIONS see screen shot it shows my internet connection but I have no idea if it s supposed to show the second computer I m totally lost Can you please help me get this thing connected correctly It would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a belkin home network and all the computers in my house can connect except mine, so it isn't a network issue. When I log onto my laptop, it says no networks are available so I can't even attempt to connect. Can someone please help me and tell me what to do? Thanks.

A:I can't connect to my home network while other computers can

Do you have the correct wireless drivers for your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-my-home-network-while-other-computers-can.171834/