Windows Support Forum

Laptop display flickers

Q: Laptop display flickers

I have uploaded a video of my laptop to better show the problem:

I am thinking something is wrong with a connection or some cable just don't know which. Never fixed a laptop. I broke the panel before I figured out the screws were hidden behind tiny black covers. Also broke the metallic part of the screen on the right side but I guess I will crazy glue it somehow. My most important issue is the flickering.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let me know I would really appreciate it.

At certain position the screen doesn't flicker, mostly if it's set back at a greater than 90 degree angle.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop display flickers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop display flickers

It's sensible to check the connectors to the screen but unless you find a video of how to get inside your particular laptop and study it you are highly likely to break other pieces too. I worked out how to take mine apart thanks to Google but although I was careful I still broke a connector. Putting that right took me ages.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-display-flickers.213067/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Everyone,
I have Dell N5110 which had recently Display DIM issue.  I have contacted the local repair store, they've diagnosed and said it had issue display IO controller and needs to be changed.
They've replaced it and display was working fine for few weeks. After few weeks, I had my battery changed as it's health was in bizarre state after running diagnostic test and it prompted for replacing the battery. 
I have new battery installed and the display started flickering. The battery is original one as I have purchased it from dell store. I want some one to help me out in fixing this issue. 
I have installed Windows 10 recently, could that be a problem. If nothing can be fixed by troubleshooting, please help me out with nearest authorized service center so-that I can have the laptop checked once.
Thanks & Regards,
Rohit.P

A:Dell N5110 Display Flickers and DIM display

Attach an external monitor.  Does it display a good image, or also flicker.
You might also want to ask the shop that did the repair what a "digitial I/O controller" is -- it sounds like they simply dismissed you with a techno-babble term.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19991730
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys I had to take my laptop apart to remove the CMOS battery.   Ever since I got it back together again, at certain angles, the display will flicker totally off and on again (perhaps off for a quarter of a second at a time.) Also, it often does not notice that I have shut it (put the screen to the keyboard.) I can't see anything obviously wrong when I take a look inside again. Any clues? Many thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Display-flickers-on-and-off/td-p/5613393
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a problem with a display that occaisionally flickers on and off to a light blue tone. This happens at no consistent time, sometimes as soon as I turn on the computer and sometimes after an hour or more. I have a viewsonic G773 monitor and a Diamond Viper II video card with 32 meg of memory. Both drivers are the most current available, and I have swapped out both the monitor and the video card alternately, and still have the problem. It seems this is a system problem not related to either the monitor or video card. What do I try now??

A:display flickers and changes color

I think your videocard's refresh rate isn't quite right. For a non-flickering display, it should be set at 75 or above. TRy that and see if it works

------------------
Just remember, i could be wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-flickers-and-changes-color.33136/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, first time poster on the forums, great job you guys do here

My problem is probably related to having just moved my computer to a new apartment, but I'm trying to isolate the exact cause.

The Problem: My monitor flickers at various Screen Refresh rates except the lowest one available (which hurts my eyes to begin with).

Things I have tried: I instantly thought my old CRT was on the way out when it happened, so I switched monitors to no avail.
- re-installed display drivers.

What I just recently noticed (since I rarely restart my PC), is that the screen flickers even on the Memory/BIOS screen before I even enter windows. Which leads me to believe it is not a problem with my OS or drivers.

So, I'm wondering if there is a fix or if my mobo/graphics card might be broken.

Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

I can start up the computer, it gets to the windows screen then the screen flickers on and off then the whole thing dies and I get nothing.

What could this be? I can't press anything or go to any diagonstics because I can't get past the windows screen.

I haven't installed anything recently.

A:Display flickers then dies

Can you provide us with some more information? What kind of of system are you running? Windows screen displays after bios, can you access bios setup? It could be so many vastly different things at this point, that's probably why you haven't gotten a lot of answers yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-flickers-then-dies.988590/
Relevancy 58.48%

Printer is new out of the box, the installation went smoothly: prints well, wireless connected no problem. Here's what I need a fix for:  LCD screen comes on strong, but within 4 seconds fades out and begins to flicker.  Almost unreadable.Have tried reset and restart several times with no luck.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-screen-flickers/td-p/5617610
Relevancy 58.48%

Okay so my problem is that my screen flickers everytime i type ANY charactor have ANY mouse movement or ANYTHING is being loaded I have already reloaded flickers display LCD constantly my video card drivers and that did not help I see horizontal lines every time i type then sometimes the whole screen goes black untill i LCD display constantly flickers stop typing for a few seconds I assume this has something to do with refresh rate because i only have a problem when something moves or new is added like a new letter to this paragraph I would also like to mention that some LCD display constantly flickers letters seem to be jumbled for a moment then when i type again they are fixed I am not editing my thread because when i submitted this i was givin a message on a black screen that said quot Digital input cannot display this video mode quot Thanks for your time and hopefully someone can help FYI it is a Dell LCD monitor of quot approximately to years old nbsp

A:LCD display constantly flickers

Sounds like the backlight is about to go out. There is a fluorescent tube inside the monitor that has only so many thousands of hours of life,like fluorescent lights at the office. My friend used to repair LCD monitors. When you buy refurbished LCD monitors,they are used monitors with a new backlight inside. You could replace the backlight now or buy a new monitor since prices have dropped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-display-constantly-flickers.673304/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all
Ive got an assembled pc running windows xp. Its screen flickers (horizontal lines keep on dancing) constantly when i start my pc till i shut it down despite any application. I changed monitors, tried refresh rate, but no luck. Is it a problem with my motherbord. Is there any other option than replacing it.
Plz reply.

Relevancy 58.05%

I've installed the AMD video drivers for my Satellite S50-B-15N, but the display flickers on a web game (java-based).

How do I tell what card I have and whether I have the correct drivers installed?

A:Satellite S50-B-15N - display flickers on a web game

With other words you don't use driver from Toshiba download page but driver downloaded directly from AMD, right?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82829-Satellite-S50-B-15N-display-flickers-on-a-web-game
Relevancy 58.05%

when i boot my E with AC out flickers/goes display E6420 backlight adapter connected the E6420 display backlight flickers/goes out backlight doesn t come on i can see the screen image with a flashlight so the LCD is working with the computer booted when i remove the AC the backlight comes on at full brilliance but it flickers and flashes nbsp E6420 display backlight flickers/goes out flicker--very quick dimming nbsp flickering--very quick alternating between LCD on and totally off then when i reconnect AC the screen dims to the level it would be on battery dimmer than on AC but still flickers--but the flashing is gone if i boot with AC not connected the backlight works properly for about seconds then the backlights flashes between on and off every second nbsp after a couple of minutes the frequency of the flashing on off goes to a couple of seconds and when it is on it flickers nbsp nbsp so---flicker flicker flicker nbsp flash off nbsp flicker nbsp flicker nbsp flicker nbsp flash off nbsp etc i ran the pre-boot diagnostics nbsp it flags the LCD cable as bad but the display is passed as OK nbsp I can easily replace the LCD cable but any other ideas i thought maybe the DC in jack cable was bad but i replaced that to no avail thanks in advance ken

A:E6420 display backlight flickers/goes out

in the second sentence, i meant to say:
flickering--very quick alternating between backlight fully on and then dim but not off;  flashing--quickly alternating between backlight fully on and fully off

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992136
Relevancy 58.05%

Sirs,
I have two problems.

1st. If I use the S11-128 with the supplied power supply and an external LCD monitor, an annoying flickering effect is visible. It disappears if I run the laptop out of the battery or with an old Tecra M2 supply (2004, electrically equivalent). Is my supply defective or is it a common behavior?

2nd. I composed a detailed and polite message, but the forum language filter doesn't let it through, so you get a condensed version X-( X-(

TIA,
Paolo

A:Tecra S11-128 flickers on external display

> 1st. If I use the S11-128 with the supplied power supply and an external LCD monitor, an annoying flickering effect is visible. It disappears if I run the laptop out of the battery or with an old Tecra M2 supply (2004, electrically equivalent). Is my supply defective or is it a common behavior?

These symptoms are typical for grounding issue.
I read a lot about flickering on external monitors while notebook is connected to AC adaptor.
In most cases an 3 pin adapter cable could solve this issue.

I recommend getting in contact with an local ASP and to order such cable.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55394-Tecra-S11-128-flickers-on-external-display
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,  My HP EliteBook 840 display flickers. I used also monitor but the issue remains.I tried to update the drivers but it didn't work.Could you please suggest what shall I do to fix the issue?  Thank you! BR,Ivo  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-EliteBook-840-Internal-Display-Flickers-or-Produces/td-p/5798740
Relevancy 57.19%

The Win 10 System updates seem to provide a new driver. Every version since Win 10's first release causes display to intermittently go beserk.  I overcome by reinstalling the OLD Lenovo posted driver.  Lenovo ever going to fix this problem? Machine type model: 80AY / Yoga2 Pro 13" / 20266 / Windows 10 (64-bit)

A:Yoga 2 Pro: Display Flickers/Blacks-Out. Long-te...

Good day.

As you mention that you have video problems following a Windows Update push of a new driver, and that the problems are resolved by reinstalling the Lenovo-provided driver, you may wish to consider turning off WU's ability to update hardware drivers. This will necessitate that you manage all hardware drivers yourself, though.

Personally, WU is not allowed to touch hardware drivers on any of my machines.

Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Display-Flickers-Blacks-Out-Long-term-Problem-with/td-p/3372848
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an ASUS x750ja laptop running Windows 8.1.

The problem: From startup (including bios logo), the screen briefly displays what it should, then goes black. Bios logo, then black. If I enter the bios, it goes black at the first screen. It'll flash the Windows logo, then go black.

I've hooked it to a secondary monitor via HDMI. It seems like a hardware error, but whenever the monitor gets a signal to refresh, it flickers back on. For example, when I have it hooked to the external display, and configure it to extend the display, the laptop screen turns on for a second.

Furthermore, the brightness keys still function.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70839-display-issue-black-screen-flickers-refresh.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My Laptop has not had a working lcd screen for about 3 weeks now but I have still been using it through my television display. When I press the Function and F8 keys at the same time my screen will flicker on for a second then go back off. I am going to take it apart and look for what the problem could be. I have a newer laptop and an external with everything backed up. Where should I be looking for the problem? could It be a simple loose wire or what could it be?

A:Dell Inspiron E1505 display flickers for a second then goes blank

If you take a flashlight and shine it on the screen, can you see a faint image. The LCD inverter may be bad. Be careful taking things apart. You can really mess things up if you don't have laptop repair experience

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-e1505-display-flickers-for-a-second-then-goes-blank.168412/
Relevancy 55.47%

The laptop is just 5 days old and I noticed that whenever I receive/send a text message or call (from my phone nearby), the screen flickers about five times. Similar to how speakers make a bleeping noise when near a phone.
I'm not worried about speakers but should I be worried about my screen?
Note: I have used many laptops before, and a lot more desktops; this is the first time that I encountered screen flicker due to my phone's radio.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981522
Relevancy 55.04%

3520 INSPIRON SCREEN DISPLAY FLICKERS WHEN TURNED ON AND CASE AROUND KEYBOARD IS TOUCHED. Is it possible the case is shorted or any pressure placed on the case around the keyboard is pressing/smashing the circuitry below? How do I troubleshoot and repair this issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993188
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, does anybody when clicking the bookmark arrow or a folder with bookmarks in chrome gets a small (i mean very fast!) black flickering???

Also in Windows 7 Jumplist sometimes when opening it will show aero glass before populating with icons (also very fast)

Can someone check this out to see if it behaves the same as my pc??

It's not annoying but just wanted to know if it happens to someone else

ty

Relevancy 53.32%

Guys i hope you could help me out with my problem..i just got my laptop last february had no problems with it until recently i noticed there's this green line that flickers below the monitor is it the video card that's malfunctioning or there could be a loose thing inside my laptop help would greatly be appreciated

A:Laptop LCD flickers

If you have 60 hrz setting/ Most likley its a video pblm.Send it back {warrenty]

• circuit24

circuit24

Oct 9, 2007

• Relevancy 52.89%

I got a HP laptop. Offlate,my screen has been flickering a lot...to the extent that i cant even see a thing. If i give the screen a small jerk i.e move the lid up and down, the flickering stops for a while and starts again. The flickering has got so severe now that the screen does not stay stable for more than a couple of minutes.

Is it just a loose wiring problem? Could i solve this at home with a proper set of screwdrivers?

If not, could you please let me know what kinda problem this is, and how do i work it out?

A:Laptop screen flickers a lot

It sounds like you have a break in the ribbon cable that runs from the base to the screen. I have the same problem with mine, but it is ok if I don't try to close the lid. These cables get stressed every time the lid is opened and closed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-flickers-a-lot.154896/
    Relevancy 52.89%

Model IBUYPOWER CZ- Greetings Tech-Lords I first noticed this issue when playing Counter-Strike My screen brightness was flickering bright and dim - as if I was unplugging my AC adapter The game was unplayable I was off flickers 'charging' on and Laptop lagging hard The battery LED on the front of my computer blinks orange and the battery says that its plugged-in not charging After much troubleshooting I replaced the AC adapter This actually Laptop 'charging' flickers on and off worked until I was an hour into my gaming session - the problem returned I bought a third AC adapter and verified that the voltage was correct However the problem remained This convinced me the issue was internal I purchased a replacement Laptop 'charging' flickers on and off battery kicking myself for thinking it was the adapter The replacement battery worked just fine yet the problem persists I ve now convinced myself the problem is either with the motherboard or the circuits that communicate from the adapter to the motherboard Unfortunately I m not in a position to have this diagnosed professionally I can t afford a diagnostic followed by a fix Any recommendations that you guys might have would be wonderful I m getting ready to give up and migrate to my desktop nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I thought it might be heat or video card going bad but symptons indicate otherwise. The strange thing is if it starts to flicker on a page, I can change to another page and the display is fine...go back to previous page and flicker immeadiatly starts again. It seems like certain incoming data causes the screen to flicker...is this possible? Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 52.46%

Couple weeks ago, the lcd screen on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite M40X) started flickering, put usually a tap on the screen would stop it... but now the flickering won't stop, and sometimes the screen freezes in a flickering position and so all in all, it's useless right now...

Is there any way to fix this problem??? I really don't have any money to spend,
    i have taken apart my laptop before so i think i can take apart the lcd if there is any way to replace it...

Thanks for the help!

A:Laptop Screen flickers and sometimes totally goes out

Also, i'm thinkin of reseating the connection cable i dunno if that would help... i dont wanna open the laptop just to find out that flickring has nothin to do with reseating... If that would help, on this diagram, do i reseat the cable pointed with the red arrow on the top in the middle... I dunno what the 2 skinny cables that go into the screen on the left

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flickers-and-sometimes-totally-goes-out.591982/
    Relevancy 52.46%

All of a sudden---my HP Pavilion laptop screen flickers - at the bottom!  WHY?  How do I  make this go away??? HELP !!

A:My HP Pavilion laptop screen flickers-WHY???

Hi, Hope your machine is not this bad:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVDtf7XLgU0? From my Googling, this is a hardware problem Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-Pavilion-laptop-screen-flickers-WHY/td-p/955911
    Relevancy 52.46%

I've used this laptop for almost 7 months now but from last week or so my monitor started acting weirdly.Suddenly my monitor turns black and white and comes back to normal after a few seconds. It's working fine when I conect it to an external monitor. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-80-laptop-screen-flickers/td-p/3339729
    Relevancy 52.46%

A few is and flickers. Laptop screen jumpy months ago i had to order a new laptop screen because my old one cracked When i first had a family member install it it worked fine After about a month of having it in and working fine it started to mess up The area at the bottom of the screen the height of the taskbar started to get lines in it Eventually it actually started to display the very top of the screen in that small space At first i thought that maybe the screen was acting up because the bottom corner screws were too tight Laptop screen is jumpy and flickers. I don t personally know if i have a screwdriver that can unscrew those tiny screws so i never tried to loosen them After a few weeks of that problem my Laptop screen is jumpy and flickers. screen started to flicker or jump Not flicker on and off but the screen would flicker around It s difficult to explain Now sometimes the flickering gets so bad a can t see what I m doing on my screen I m wondering if it s possible that the wires hooked up to the screen are bent or pinched or if their just not plugged in all the way Or if this is a problem i can fix and not an issue with the screen itself because i can not afford another Laptop screen is jumpy and flickers. screen nbsp

A:Laptop screen is jumpy and flickers.

I would remove the connections to the screen and then reconnect them, making sure they are clean and secure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-is-jumpy-and-flickers.984326/
    Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
    I have a Fujitsu C-Seriies P III laptop and was working fine till last week, but since after that the screen flickers every now and then but recently it has started acting more wierd and the screen goes completely blue and can't see anything.. No matter how many times I restart it remains the same.

I would be glad if I can get help with this.
    Thanks

A:Laptop Screen Flickers and goes complete Blue

Never worked much with a laptop but it seems like a power problem. Bad connection , broken wire . Worth checking out .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flickers-and-goes-complete-blue.278708/
    Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop screen night now flickers on and off. I always gotta move my screen around to make it so it wont be dark and i can see what I am doing. I think it might be a lose connection? I don't know. Can someone please help me? Thank you

A:Gateway Laptop screen light flickers on and off

I would blame it on a loose cable however i'm sure there was one series of the Gateway notebooks that had a manufacturing problem with recall? don't quote me on that though.

Without a number of the laptop ie Dell Inspiron 1501 i can give you specific instructions but see if your is in this list here and have a look at the instructions. Some may be similar. If not post back with the model number and we can help you more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-screen-light-flickers-on-and-off.118169/
    Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop screen keeps flickering for like 4-5 minutes when ever i wake my laptop from sleep and on startup it stays on a blue screen for  7-8 minutes before going to login screen. how to i fix this? Please help. 

A:Laptop screen flickers while resuming from sleep.

Hi, Check if you still get these problems if you disable Windows 10 hybrid boot - you can do this as follows. Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane. In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and shutdown the notebook by right click the Start Menu icon, select Command Prompt (Admin) and click ?Yes? to the uac prompt. Type ( or copy and paste ) in the following command ( including spaces ) and hit enter. shutdown /s /t 0 Start the notebook and let Windows fully load. If this has corrected the issues, it may be worth turning Fast Start-up back on ? sometimes just deleting and re-creating the file will resolve the problem. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-screen-flickers-while-resuming-from-sleep/td-p/5606593
    Relevancy 51.6%

When I turn on my Dell e1505 the screen lights up but flickers heavily, then goes out before the startup is completed, then flashes on for a brief moment and goes out again. It does the same thing on every restart. I've already replaced the inverter board which seemed to fix it, but then after 10 minutes it flickered out again and now shows the exact same on/off pattern it did with the old inverter.

The screen is on, just with no light. I can see the icons, etc., very faintly if I shine a flashlight on it. Also I plugged a CRT into the back and that works perfectly.

Is there a way to tell if it's the backlight, cables, or motherboard that's the problem? Or is it clear which one it is to anyone here who recognizes these symptoms?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

My Asus x54l screen turns white and flickers I don't use it anymore because of this. THE STORY: one day I cracked it in a couple months later it started turning white and screens now it usually is just white I thought I just might need to buy a new screen but I'm not sure What do you think?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Greetings nbsp As the subject describes my laptop screen flickers quickly and at irregular nbsp intervals nbsp I notice it once every - minutes or so but it could be more frequent perhaps at times when I laptop irregularly flickers t440s screen am not concentrating on the screen or it is too light to notice nbsp It is quite irritating and noticable though nbsp The flickering started about weeks ago and doesn't seem to be getting much worse nbsp I spend time in both Fedora linux and Windows nbsp It occurs in both operating systems but seems to occur more frequently in Fedora nbsp nbsp I had the original t440s laptop screen flickers irregularly screen replaced by a repair shop last year for an unrelated issue nbsp nbsp The flickering is not like the problem posted here https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-T -T -and-newer-T T s-Screen-Flickering m-p M nbsp Any advice is appreciated nbsp I am afraid my laptop is no longer under warranty so I will be stuck paying to repair this issue nbsp If so I would probably disassemble and replace the effected part myself since I have the tools and some experience doing this nbsp nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t440s-laptop-screen-flickers-irregularly/td-p/3378789
    Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I am not sure if this is the right place to ask my question but I have a HP Pavilion dv us Notebook running Windows vista bit I was working in ds max yesterday and then my screen black and flickers turns screen Laptop then began to flicker and go semi-black with horizontal vertical Laptop screen flickers and then turns black white lines and it kept going back and forth until the screen went black altogether I restarted it a few times and most recently Laptop screen flickers and then turns black the screen appeared for a few seconds and then it flickered again and kept going black so I turned it off I am not very familiar with PC computers so I am not sure what is the problem but I am hoping that someone can understand my issue and give a solution to it I have read around on various sites that say it may have to do with a backlight bulb issue or something along those lines but I have no idea if that's what it is Also I connected it to my tv and the screen shows up on there so I don't what that means but hopefully it's not too complicated to fix Now I am thinking it's the screen display inverter but I could be wrong Is the problem that I need a new screen display inverter or is it something else Thanks in advance for any help

A:Laptop screen flickers and then turns black

Welcome
    There could be several reasons for your problem, but I am leaning toward your graphics driver, see if it works in safe mode.
    Safe Mode

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299436-laptop-screen-flickers-then-turns-black.html
    Relevancy 50.74%

Sometimes I have flickers of the screen [turns white then back to normal in a sec] BUT that's only sometimes when it freezes or something.
    & Another thing is the cursor flickers with a drop shadow of a ugly color to it. [Not sure how to explain that] BUT i need help to know why this does this.

& How do I know if my computer is good to run a game on it.

PLEASE help me.

tia08.
    thank you.

A:Screen Flickers & Cursor Flickers.

Please provide more information about your system. We'll need, at a minimum, the exact make and model in order to start even trying to figure out if it's capable of which games. Also, please include the version of Vista that you have (Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156930/screen-flickers-cursor-flickers/
    Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. I have a old Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop and its having some issues. First of all, during the boot process, It'll freeze up. It happens at various stages (shortly after POST, During Windows XP boot Splash screen, during XP welcome screen etc.) I've also noticed that any movement of the laptop causes it to freeze as well sometimes. Also sometimes when i try and power it on, the screen will flicker vertical lines for a few seconds and just remain a black screen. Another issue is that When i power it on, the fan inside won't even come on and then sometimes a few seconds later it will cut off and then come back on (sometimes if i tilt it a certain way). I suspect a loose connection at the motherboard maybe. I have no idea how to dismantle a laptop (Only desktops) so any help much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-freezes-on-boot-screen-flickers-and-powers-off-and-on.863165/
    Relevancy 46.01%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
    Relevancy 45.58%

R3-131T use mostly laptop mode.  After using tablet mode, display now "Centred" on screen, smaller, black side panels.  How to return to "full screen" display?

A:display issues R3-131T laptop mode display "centre...

right click on desktop, choose Display settings, Advanced Display settings and check if Resolution is set to the (recommended) setting.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/display-issues-R3-131T-laptop-mode-display-quot-centred-quot/td-p/449382
    Relevancy 45.58%

This happens as soon as the VGA adapter is plugged in. Unplugging it does not turn the laptop screen back on. Toggling with the function keys does nothing. Since I cannot see anything I cannot try to adjust/correct display settings (or do anything for that matter, other than turn the laptop off by holding power key down).

The second display works (tested with a different laptop).

History: The external display worked fine with this laptop. We had a power failure yesterday which turned it off. The screen toggled to the laptop successfully (or I did, with the function keys--I don't remember) and I continued working. When power returned I started running into this issue. I reinstalled the display drivers from the original manufacturer disc but the problem persists.

msi A4000, Celeron dual Core T3100, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    NVIDIA? MCP79MVL, GeForce? 8200M G, Shared
    External display: Acer LCD, AL 1916C

A:Laptop black when external display plugged in, #2 display also dark.

To shut down properly hit the Winkey, then the right arrow, then Enter.

This may be as simple as capacitors overcharged. Shut down, unplug, remove battery. Hold power button down for 20 secs.
    Do same for monitor.
    Then try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/377871-laptop-black-when-external-display-plugged-2-display-also-dark.html
    Relevancy 45.15%

My ThinkPad T running -bit Windows Professional Edition Display Laptop Messed Display up LCD External Dual - worked great on and off a mini docking station with external monitors The dual-display setup allowed me to have Dual External Display - Messed up Laptop LCD Display more desktop space when needed I can take the laptop off the docking station Dual External Display - Messed up Laptop LCD Display following undocking steps and use it anywhere This convenience no longer holds after upgrading to Windows With the T in the docking station LCD lid closed I can use the dual-display setup as in Windows However after shut-down and remove the T off the docking station and the T laptop becomes unusable because its LCD display doesn't show anything after boot While booting the laptop's display shows the ThinkPad boot logo and then some DOS-mode boot messages and then the windows logo and its dotted spinning wheel after the initial boot the display went blank and the Windows desktop doesn't come up The only way to make the T laptop usable on its own is to go through a quot preparation procedure quot and here is how the procedure goes While the T is on the docking station in the dual-display setup with the external monitors open the T 's lid and set its display as the main display and then select to disconnect the other external displays in the Settings - gt System - gt Display page then in the T 's LCD display select the shut down Once the T is properly powered off remove it from the docking station and the T can work on its own as a laptop supposed to be What a hassle to go through It is hard to believe that something worked well in Windows would end up in Windows being messed up so terribly Also the T 's LCD display brightness control no longer works after using the external dual-display setup on the docking station - the brightness is stuck at I am impressed by Windows 's improvements over Windows However taking the T mobile is a necessity in my life So I hope experts on this forum pointing me to a solution so I can truly enjoy Windows both at home and on move Or else I have to roll back to Windows

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50085-dual-external-display-messed-up-laptop-lcd-display.html
    Relevancy 44.72%

In my company we have bought two refurbished IBM thinkpads 760XL. One of them has kind like "flicker", a continous wave in the screen. I have tried another power outlet (grounded), and to operate it far from any inductive charge. What could it be the cause of this?

A:Laptop screen "flickers"

a loose connection between the screen and laptop console can often cause this. Try searching IBM's site for a technical document that will show you how to correct this. Usually involves popping off the top panel near the screen, and making sure the rubbon is secure.
    IBM Thinkpad 760XL support pages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flickers.60667/
    Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all this is the problem i have my laptop some time ago decided not to display correctly i have described it as garbled in the thread title but i ll clarify that now sometimes vertically or and horizontally repeated display lines that run through the image it is not nice to look at and sometimes completley impossible to use Recently it has been more or less non-existant occasionally flickering on and off it does not happen during dos screens as far as im aware and does not start until the windows logo appears and begin to load the blue bar moves it happens on the bios screen if thats what it is called my laptop is covered by a warranty it has been sent away around times it came back clean they only check for hardware problems the third Error Laptop Display Display garbled time it was sent away it was as urgent special and they had it on for hours powering on and off around times and they could not replicate the problem which is strange because it happeneed within around - hours when i got it back i was not really given much help on their helpline i was asked to check an external monitor i had already tried this and confirmed it worked and also a girl who was a little more helpful than the rest suggested reinstalling video card and updating power management driver i did both they did not work but i tried them again and i have had no problem for months until recently she said she was leaning towards the problem being software when i mentioned the dos screens and told me to open a complaint which i did but warned that i can be charged if they discover it to be a Laptop Display Error garbled Display software issue this was actually some months ago but as the laptop was working fine i saw no reason to follow the complaint - though i knew it was too good to be true not because she thought it was software though just wanted to mention i had complained and that i can be charged for a software fault i have not tried reinstalling the operating system yet i can do though if any one suggests trying that but due to dorment nature of the error that is it mite not happen for months or it could happen just after reinstallation i will not know wether i have been successful well with that information can anyone help me confirm wether the problem is hardware or software and can there be anything done about it i would appreciate any help with this and hope someone knows what the problem is and how to fix it once again thanks weasel Cheers a quick edit - I should of mentioned that the video card is an nvidia geforce go as i have not entered specs in my profile nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-error-garbled-display.625384/
    Relevancy 43.43%

I think this question is a kind of stupid (or not)....I am very curious to know how to connect a laptop display to another laptop display....

I have an old laptop and a new laptop with windows 7... I did some extended displays to other monitors....But any one have any idea about extending to a Laptop display from another Laptop....

I am just curious....Is it possible?????

Thanks....
    Sunny...

A:Extended My Laptop Display to other Laptop display?

It would be easier to buy another monitor and plug it into the new laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40708-extended-my-laptop-display-other-laptop-display.html
    Relevancy 42.57%

I hooked up my new laptop to my TV by HDMI cable.

Picture is fine, only problem is it will not display whole screen on the TV, there was a 2 inch black bar around it, but the aspect ratio was that of the laptop

I checked the Windows 10 settings to see if I'd missed something, but didn't seem to be.
    any ideas appreciated.  

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity and moved post to correct forum.

A:B50-10 - Connecting Laptop Display to TV - Display...

Hi,

If you'll tell us what model laptop you're using we can move your post to an appropriate forum.

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-10-Connecting-Laptop-Display-to-TV-Display-doesn-t-fill/td-p/3317841
    Relevancy 42.57%

Toshiba a100
    http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSupport/productcontents/satellite/PSAA8C-SK800C.htm

Just recently replaceced my screen

I've been given a faulty Toshiba laptop/notebook to look at. The problem is that when I switch on the power button, various lights come on, but there is no picture what-so-ever on the screen. There are no beeps either, so no idea what's causing it. I've tried connecting an external monitor (and yes I've pressed the fn + 5 keys to switch monitors), but that isn't recognising any video signal either.

You can hear the hard drive start to whir, but there is no continued chugging sound like you'd get if the o/s was continuing to load. As there's no picture, I can't tell if the BIOS is giving me any warnings, whcih is why the HDD doesn't sound lke it's still booting.

Any help please...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-display-on-laptop-or-external-display.883015/
    Relevancy 42.57%

I've already set the laptop to turn off display after 2 minutes of inactivity (power options) and the display still won't turn off when I leave it :/ Help would be greatly appreciated! My OS is Windows 8.1

A:Laptop Display Won't Turn off Display

Hi, I still need help with this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568703/laptop-display-wont-turn-off-display/
    Relevancy 42.14%

Hi..

I hope someone can help...

I have a SONY VAIO PCG-GRT170 that is 4 and a half years old....the display has stopped displaying.....

Wehn I plug in an external VGA monitor, I can see everything on the monitor.

I did the Function F5 kek, I did the WIndows Logo and D key to refresh the laptop monito to no avial.

It just automnatically stopped displaying last night. I shut it down, and reboooted and still nothing.

Id the screen on the laptop shot? If so, it is repariable or am I out of luck?

Thank you all for your help.

A:Laptop Display not working on laptop, butg it does work on old monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-not-working-on-laptop-butg-it-does-work-on-old-monitor.742900/
    Relevancy 40.85%

Good Evening Guys

Do anybody have solution for my problem .

I got my MSI laptop LCD broken this week, but system works fine . I too have ACER laptop with me .

Msi has HDMI port on it but ACER doesn't have it just has VGA port.

Can i use my ACER laptop for video output of MSI ?

I know i can connect that on TV/monitor but how about connecting to another laptop ?

Thanks In Advance!!

A:How to connect broken display laptop to another laptop

No you cant. Ports in laptops meant to output video data. You may try out some HDMI to USB converters in Amazon or ebay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/342211-how-connect-broken-display-laptop-another-laptop.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there to Display Laptop No I own a Samsung NP E C which I have owned for years The past month whenever I try to turn the laptop on the fans start and then stop and then start again but there is no display on the monitor Up until today the disk drive would open but now there is no response and no power is running through the USB I have tried -Plugging in a second monitor -Taking the battery out and draining the laptop of any charge that s left -Opening the monitor at different angles in case the magnet is damaged And nothing has worked The laptop has miraculously turned on twice this month not entirely sure why it happened on No Display to Laptop those occasions though as I did nothing different I have tried opening up the laptop but had difficulty getting the screws out they really stick those things in If anyone has any other ideas that d be much appreciated I m currently studying at University just now and there are essential things I need to get off of the laptop and can t really afford a new laptop at this point nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-display-to-laptop.1163646/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hi got bit of a problem on my hands I have a Toshiba Tecra S series laptop and took it apart as i needed to get into one of the parts on the mobo Now when i start it up i sometimes get a black screen as in no power going to the screen or sometimes it will display I take out and re-insert the display cable i think thats what it is situated slightly left of centre long-ish display Laptop rectangular connection and sometimes the display will re-appear on bootup However after a while the right hand side will go fuzzy black and the screen freezes It s done this twice and both times it s happened when i was pressed enter after entering the IP address of my integrated Wireless Card on Norton recovery cd Don t think that this is the issue BUT it s happened twice on the same stage and both were at different time intervals hmmmmmmm But most likely i think it s the display cable but does anyone know better nbsp

A:Laptop display

You have answered this yourself... Laptop interconnection cables are very fragile and can be damaged easily. It is possible that you also loosened or damaged the socket that the LCD cable fits into. You could try a new LCD cable first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-display.75212/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hi-

I have a dell lattitude d810 with windows XP Pro, SP2. I have it hooked up to a monitor, and the monitor works fine. I cannot get it to display correctly on the laptop monitor. What I mean by correctly is that I think it DOES display, but at a very low lumne or brightness...I can barely see it. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the hardware or drivers...I think I just screwed up a setting somewhere and can't figure it out. When I hit identify on the display/settings tab, my remote monitor lists as monitor 1. I cannot see anything on my laptop monitor.

THanks for any help you can offer!

A:Cannot use laptop display

Try hitting the brightness button. Usually it is one of those F like F7 or F8. Try pressing them separately and if it doesn't work, press FN together with the F's

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-use-laptop-display-276495.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

hp pavilion zt3000: i get nothing on the screen when i turn the power on. the computer gets power -- i can feel the vibration and the lights come on. i've tried an external monitor -- nothing. i've tried re-seating the video card -- nothing. even tried replacing the CMOS battery just for kicks. what's next? new video card? or could it be POSSIBLY be something else (such as the video cable or something)? please help!
    thanks in advance.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that is about 14 months old and today the screen has gone blank, you can hear the laptop running and you see the Windows XP logo but then it goes blank!

It will run fine in safe mode so i deduced that it can't be a broken screen????

I was told to try wiping the hard drive and reloading everything but i cant see the instructions on the blank screen when i load the recovery disk!

I am a beginner so if anyone can help me can you please keep it simple! Also if you need more info just ask!

*fingers crossed*

Relevancy 37.84%

I have an HP Pavilion N5000 laptop. I'm unable to get the display to light up. The display went out when I tried to connect another monitor and extend the laptop screen to the second monitor. I'm able to see the second monitor just fine. I've gone back to one screen display, but using the second monitor screen to type this question.

My laptop screen is showing a ghost of the image. I was successful once in getting the laptop screen to come on by pressing the backlight switch but now having tried to extend the monitor to the second screen again, I can't get the laptop screen to light back up.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display.587413/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hey Guys,

I have a Toshiba Satellite MDl# L355-S7905, Ser# 59143685Q,17 Inch Display, Widows Vista laptop. Someone Gave this to me about a year ago with the screen cracked. I have been using it with a external monitor and would like to start using it wihout connecting it to an external monitor. . However I am having a hard time finding a relapcment screen, I do not need the back plate or bezel. Just the screen. Sure would appreciate any assistance if I could be pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Still Learning, Learning Still

Curtis

A:Laptop Display

I have had good luck finding laptop screens at this retailer:
    LAPTOP & TABLET SCREEN, LCD panels from $42. Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, Acer, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Gateway, Apple, Asus replacement screen display panel

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278861-laptop-display.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

Im having problems with my laptop display.
    It won't go above 1024 x 768.
    Well, it will but it goes to the resolution above but still displays it in 1024x768 but screen scrolls to view the rest of the page. Its quite hard to explain, but hopefully someone will have had this problem before.

anyone know anything?

A:Laptop Display

I know what you mean. To see something on the far right, for example, you need to push the mouse against the far right side of the screen and the whole screen slides over.

There is no cure for this. If you have installed the latest drivers for the display and it still does this, it is because the display does not support that resolution. You will just need to choose a resolution that is small enough that it doesn't show this behavior.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display.213058/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Sorry to be a moron but how can I tell if I am seeing the NVIDIA GeForce 820M display or the basic Intel HD graphics display?

Any help would be much appreciated.

M

A:New Laptop - which display am I seeing?

Welcome to the forum!

Normally on a dual-graphics laptop the desktop or metro will use the Intel graphics. You use the Nvidia Control Panel to set games and such which graphics to use. Right click on the desktop and you should see a menu item for Nvidia Control Panel.

Get a utility like GPU-Z, it will show you which GPU is currently active.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/58701-new-laptop-display-am-i-seeing.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have a dell Inspiron 1564 laptop with windows 7 home premium operating system. My display is opposite of everything it supposed to be. If the color is supposed to be white it isn't its black. If its supposed to be red it isn't its blue. etc etc. The people on my laptop all look like the walking around in a negative film, they all look like a negative picture from a camera. What can I do? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Relevancy 37.84%

hi i am probably thick but on connecting my laptop to tv via svideo i cant seem to get a picture onto my tv i have a hp laptop been told a "F"key will send pic to tv but dont seeem to is there a settings "area" to do it any help gratefully recieved please bare in mind im not good at this cheers

A:how to put laptop display on my old tv

Hello Plumbershands, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Your notebook may be different than on a Gateway notebook, but after you connect the notebook to the TV, see if pressing the Function + F4 keys will switch the display over to the TV. Sometimes you will need to press it twice, once to share and twice to use only the TV. Pressing a 3rd time returns to the notebook screen. Double check with your notebook's manual on connecting to a TV to see what keys you may need to press instead.

Hope this helps,
    Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/209498-how-put-laptop-display-my-old-tv.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

hey guys hope that it right place to ask:

i use Dell laptop with windows 10
    on my old pc with was with 8.1 i do right context menu display off but here it's not work.

some ideas?

A:Display off - Laptop

You could try the Windows Key + P

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/33464-display-off-laptop.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

My Toshiba Tecra S1 Laptop Display screen is totally blank, when I use an external Monitor the laptop is working fine, anybody out there have a remedy! Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-laptop-display.52492/
    Relevancy 37.84%

My laptop display went completely white. The computer itself seems to be running. What's the problem?

Could be any number of problems, including backlight failure or an inverter failure.

Is it still under warranty, then getting it replaced would be your best bet, otherwise have a look around for laptop repair sites, most charge upwards of 160 though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-display.12791/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hey, i've got an laptop with a perfectly fine working LCD. This is what i want to do.
    The computer itself is quite old and i have dismatled it and i still want to use the display (wanna do some thing cool with it). '
    But now to the problem. The cable from the harware of the laptops internal GFX unit uses an odd-looking flat cable. I was wondering if any one knows where to buy this adaptor to use this display with and conventional VGA cable?
    This must be possible in some way, i guess

A:Laptop LCD Display

It is possible but they can be expensive!!! To be able to get any prices for you, it would be useful if we knew where you are in the world!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-lcd-display.63002/
    Relevancy 37.84%

yesterday when i start my pc(dell inspiron 15R N5010)
    it was give red Screen after the windows lording image after 5 sec ist ok
    but it all-ways give that when i'm going to start the pc
    sorry for my english pls help meeeee

plssssssssssssssssssssssss

Before start

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2759/dsc00937d.jpg

after start pc
    http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/153/dsc00938i.jpg

Relevancy 37.84%

i have hp pavilion dv 6000 laptop. when i turn on my laptop all the power indicator were on but there is no display in screen. any body could help me. whay may be the problem

How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-display.168785/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Im having problems with my laptop display.
    It won't go above 1024 x 768.
    Well, it will but it goes to the resolution above but still displays it in 1024x768 but screen scrolls to view the rest of the page. Its quite hard to explain, but hopefully someone will have had this problem before.

anyone know anything?

does your laptop support anything higher,usually use 1024x768 on a 17in screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display.213060/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I am trying to use my TV (technika lcd32 207) as a second monitor for my laptop,(acer aspire 5732Z) I have bought two differant cables to try and here are the problems I get.

Promlem 1 When I plug the vga-hdmi cable in the tv recognises that a cable has been pluged in and goes to the channel but the laptop does not see it and so does not give the option to use the tv as a 2nd monitor.

Problem2 When I try the vga-scart the laptop gives me all the options to use the tv as the monitor but yep you guessed it the tv does not want to play.

Has anyone else had this problem. Oh and I'm using Windows 7 home edition

A:Trying to display my laptop on to the TV

have you checked your video props on the laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/68946-trying-display-my-laptop-tv.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how i would display a PC
    output on to the screen of a laptop?

The opposite is fairly easy,
    if i wanted to put the laptop output
    onto the monitor of my PC, then i
    would simply plug the monitor into the laptop.

But how can i use the laptop as a monitor?

It might be possible to view a DOS window
    showing the 'echo' from a desktop on a laptop.

I dunno,
    I'm still puzzling over this.

If anyone could suggest a way i would be
    very interested.

Cheers, John

Relevancy 37.84%

please help!

An addware took over my display! I right clicked on it and in properties I traced it back to C:WINDOWS/DESKTOP.HTML I found an explorer shorcut and I erased it but now I am getting a white kinda of blinking display that will not go away even when I go to control panel and apply a new display for my laptop...I am running on xp.

Please help!

ha

A:Help with my laptop display

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-with-my-laptop-display-23437.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

My daughter knocked the screen of the laptop and I hit my hand on the keyboard area to stop it from falling, but now the whole display has gone sideways - have tried a few keys but nothing working help

A:Display on laptop

Exact model number/type number of your laptop is?Label on bottom of laptop has that info.Skip

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/display-on-laptop/65948.html
    Relevancy 37.84%

hi i need to swap out my laptop screen and frame. i have mediocre computer knowledge, most of it software only. how do i go about changing it? should i even try? thx.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I have a laptop with a smaller display and I want to ad a new 17 inch lcd to it to use.
    Do I just plug the new display into the back of the laptop and it should work right?

Thxs

Dale

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there, plugged laptop into monitor and post screen appears for like 1 second and then goes off. HD works when put in my computer and I tired seetting to factory defaults so is it somethign with the laptop?

Thanks

A:No display on laptop

Display doesn't show without HD either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-display-on-laptop.836386/
    Relevancy 37.84%

Not quite seeing what I'm encountering out there Perhaps someone has some experience with this I have an Asus-built Nvidia GTS video card with both a as a 2nd Using laptop display VGA and DVI output The VGA output has a quot Dell LCD monitor hooked to it as my main display Using a DVI-VGA adapter I've got a cable hooked into the VGA output of my Compaq Presario F running Using a laptop as 2nd display Vista bit and I'm trying to use the laptop as a secondary monitor onto which I can extend my desktop So far I've gotten to the point where the PC's graphics card seems to be detecting that there is a second display hooked up This is evidenced by the fact that it shows two displays in the screen resolution setup window and I can change options resolution etc for the second My mouse even moves off-screen but the laptop will show only its own desktop Is there some sort of way to boot the laptop differently or switch it's display for it to realize it's a second monitor Thanks in advance

A:Using a laptop as 2nd display

hi, you cannot do what you are trying to achieve. the port on your laptop is used to send a signal from the gfx card, it in now way is tied to the monitor on your laptop. the reason your computer might be seeing a second monitor is because the pins are grounded once you plug it in, but it now way can it take control of your laptop monitor and use it via the VGA port for the gfx card.

you are basically trying to take a desktop, and hook its gfx card port up to another gfx card port on another desktop. there is nowhere for the video to go as they both SEND a signal.

sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/161044-using-laptop-2nd-display.html
    Relevancy 37.41%

my display is flickering

A:abnormal display of laptop LCD

my dsplay flickers or garbled?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/abnormal-display-of-laptop-lcd-388222.html
    Relevancy 37.41%

Hi lads.. wondering if any of you could give me a hand here..
    Got a Compaq Presario 2500 Series laptop.
    Running windowsxp, intel celeron 2.6ghz.. 256ddr ram,

As soon as i bootup.. e.g. the Compaq splash screen, i have this small white line appear from left to right on the screen. it is there through the windows xp welcome, on the desktop. still there when i play a dvd, or a game etc.
    Im thinking it might just a hardware problem with the laptop itself. But hav an of u had this problem? anything i can do to fix it?

Thanks lads

Craig

A:Laptop Display Problems

Sounds like your LCD has been damaged or your display adapter is bad. Take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-problems.199990/
    Relevancy 37.41%

I'm trying to work on solutions for a friend with a Toshiba A15 S127. The display has gone dark. I believe it is the backlight that has gone out since I can vaguely see the desktop when I shine a light on it and the funtion-f7 didn't make it brighter.

I have two concerns regarding purchasing a replacement display.

1) Is it relatively straight forward to replace. I have cracked the case on an old Thinkpad and a Mac laptop so I don't mind trying, I just want to understand the risks first.

2) Several online articles indicate that the inverter may also be the cause of this problem. Is the inverter part of the replacement display or part of the main casing internals? I hate to spend to much on a display only to find I have to spend more on an inverter or have I got this pattern backwards.

TIA

A:laptop display replacement

Could be either the inverter or the backlight, no easy way to tell except by replacement. That often means its cheaper to have it done in a shop, rather than buy both parts.

Grtting the laptop apart can be a problem unless you follow the disassembly instructions (if you can get them), but having it still work when reassembled is even more rare...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-replacement.725238/
    Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everyone I am not sure where else to post this so if this i the wrong area please let me know and I can display HDMI will Laptop not to put it in the correct location So I have an MSI laptop I have used it for the past couple months via HDMI on either a Laptop will not display to HDMI TV in my room or through a receiver to a TV in the living room The other day I had unplugged it without turning it off The battery is ruined on it so it needs to be Laptop will not display to HDMI plugged in to be on doesn't hold a charge So the next day I go to put it on my TV and it says that it is 'searching for signal' on the TV In the display options on the laptop it does not show monitors When I switch inputs on the TV it recognises there is in something on HDMI but it just keeps saying 'searching for signals' If I switch the cable to HDMI it picks it up that something is hooked up but I still get the same message I tried to screw around a little bit yesterday as well as read and try and find out the solution but I could not Has anyone experiences this Do you know how to fix it Thanks in advance

A:Laptop will not display to HDMI

It is hard to say happens to a computer when it is powered off without shutting down.
    I would perform a system restore to a restore point before the unplugging occurred.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402106-laptop-will-not-display-hdmi.html
    Relevancy 37.41%

I recently installed a new panel for my laptop after the other one was dropped by my little brother The computer is a IBM T p with XP on it slack coming as soon as I stop being so damn lazy and the display is quot UXGA The install of the panel went good but after booting it up and installing XP again the view of the screen is shifted down to the right It is like the view is drawn for a Laptop display problem panel that should be larger than the panel actually is In otherwards right now I have a x resolution on the top and left sides of the view there is about two and a half or three inches of black until the end of the panel and on the right and bottum side there is about an inch I have my drivers updated ATI Laptop display problem mobility fire gl t and I have no idea what to do When I go home this weekend im at school I am going to get pc support to look at it and see if they can do anything with it Laptop display problem If you can think of anything I can do please tell me nbsp

A:Laptop display problem

have you ever tried to restore ur system at a previous well known state?

sorry for my bad english but i didnt understand what u mean by sayin panel pls tell me easy so that i can help u

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-display-problem.32888/
    Relevancy 37.41%

I was trying to configure my TV as an external display for my laptop, to clone it, but I couldn't get the laptop's VGA driver (Intel(R) GMA Driver for Mobile - "Display Devices") to detect the TV. I used an S-Video/RCA adapter and cable, which is the same I use in my ATI X1550 on my desktop, and it works fine. In the desktop, after I plug it, in the Catalyst Control Center a TV is shown at the "Display Manager" options, enabling me to use it.

Additionaly, the TV goes to a static when plugged to the laptop's S-Video.

Can somebody give me a help as to why my laptop isn't detecting the TV?

Thanks in advance.

A:Using TV as an external display for laptop

It won't "detect" the TV. Generally on laptops, all you need do is to connect the TV and then use one of the display "F" keys to toggle laptop, TV, or both. Nothing needs to be done with the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-tv-as-an-external-display-for-laptop.809767/
    Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all, just a quick question I want to confirm with someone. Customerbrought me a laptop said it had screen issues, I had a spare handy as well as an inverter so I tested it. The original screen came up as yellow with bad pixelation (sorry for either making up words or spelling them wrong), connected the new screen and same problem except its green now not yellow. Checked the cable and its fine. My thought now is that its the onboard graphics card.

Cheers

A:Solved: Laptop Display

Does the colouring / pixellation occur from startup (i.e. on the BIOS screen etc)?
    Do you get the same problem on an external monitor?

If so then you can pretty safely say the GPU has failed in my opinion, it does sound like it has.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-display.1002483/
    Relevancy 37.41%

i have a Gateway P-173X FX Edition and the display color looks a lil washed out and fadded making it a bit hard to look at. what settings would i have to change to tweek the display into some better colors.

specs...
    http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668096.php
    Thnx in advance,
    Bob

A:laptop display prob. :(

Well that's a great system to be laptop. You could try tweaking the image by lowering brightness and adjusting contrast after that to regain viewablity, if these settings are available somewhere. And yes, they seem to be, using function button and then some other key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-prob.731248/
    Relevancy 37.41%

My laptop boots up but has no display. In troubleshooting this issue I found that when I plug my cord to the laptop the light that confirms the cord is attached does not come on. The laptop power light does come on but when I plug the cord to it, it won't respond and there is no display. In the past when I used my laptop without plugging it up and it fades out (it is still on but you get no response because it does not have enough power so the display doesn't show) that is what is going on. I don't know how to fix it. Do you know how I can get this fixed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-boots-up-but-there-is-no-display-436843.html
    Relevancy 37.41%

I have an HP5350 notebook. Worked fine at a wedding on sat. came in Sunday to turn it on, and I can barely see anything on the screen. Well, really nothing at all.

Is it pretty much shot, or can it still be fixed. I know I have an external video jack on the back, but I use this at weddings to offload images to, right after formals.

I really don't want to lug a PC monitor with me....

Any ideas...?

Relevancy 37.41%

Toshiba Satellite S D Laptop Hello I have my laptop connected to a monitor through hdmi The way I have configured this is that the display only shows on the monitor and the laptop screen is just black This is working perfectly The problem is when I disconnect the hdmi cord from my laptop the display on the laptop does not work it is still just black What this essentially means is that I cannot use the laptop unless I have the monitor present which is a big problem for me because I take the laptop places and it is not practical to carry my monitor around everywhere as well I have tried messing around with the screen resolution display settings on my computer and here is what not working display Laptop I Laptop display not working found The two displays listed are HP w Wide LCD Monitor - this is correct this is the monitor Laptop display not working that is working fine and Generic Non-PnP Monitor - this here is the problem I have no idea what that is and it was not there before the problem started It used to say something different which I assume is the name of the laptop display that is now no longer working I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me to resolve this issue thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Compaq 1680 laptop, The letter O and number 9 keys will not display on my screen. I press it and nothing happens. All other keys are fine. I realize that the #9 key is right above the letter O key. Help, what can I do to fix this problem. Otherwise the laptop works fine.
    Thanks

A:laptop keys don't display

This appears to be a fairly common problem with Compaqs. I have fixed several by removing the keyboard (the screws are marked underneath with a "K"). Be careful with the ribbon cables from the screen. Remove and reseat these ribbon cables, nad the keyboard. Slacken ALL the case screws underneath and re-tighten evenly, firmly, but no too tight. You should find the problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keys-dont-display.387104/
    Relevancy 37.41%

I picked up a used dell inspirion 1100 laptop (2003 model) that has XP Home installed. The display shows only one option for screen resolution, 8-bit. I have tried updating and then uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the Intel GI, but with no change. I have it set up on a wireless network. The GI is a chipset on the motherbord. Am I correct in thinking that I cannot replace this? Can I go and buy a USB video card and plug it in to correct this, disabling the other onboard one? I called a local computer repair shop and they said they should be able to resolve it for about $45 and that it sounds to them like a software issue, not hardware....... any thoughts ?

A:only get 8 bit resolution for display on laptop

No, you can't connect a video adapter via USB. If you've installed the correct drivers without error, I'd suspect a hardware problem. Perhaps that's why it was sold. Did you talk to the people you bought it from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-get-8-bit-resolution-for-display-on-laptop.591056/
    Relevancy 37.41%

Woke this morning to a vertical screen on my laptop! I suspect this happened when my cat decided to walk across the keyboard in the middle of the night.

Anyone have any shortcut key functions for me????? Laptop is a Dell running XP

thanks

Lori

Relevancy 37.41%

Is there any way to make my desktop computer's display display on my laptop screen?

A:Desktop To Laptop Display

With hardware, no.

With software, yes. You can use a remote control program like Remote Desktop or VNC or a special solution like MaxiVista.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-to-laptop-display.75358/
    Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, my problem is i have a 32 inch tv i want to use as an eternal display i have it hooked up through hdmi output on my laptop. Whenever the hdmi cable is pluged in it will use the tv as my primary display and i cannot get any thing on my laptop display even after the hdmi cable id unplugged ive tryed extended my desktop to the laptop but it will not allow me to set the resolution and the secound display only on the tv.
    i tryed the display function key on the laptop but that does nothing.

i want to have it so my laptop is my primary display ( at 1440x900) and my tv set as an extension of my desktop at 1080p
    Im using windows vista

i have a dell xps m1530
    thanks

A:setting up tv and laptop display

HDMI is digital and, unlike VGA, doesn't like being split without amplification. Laptop and TV obviously "talk to each other" when plugged together and your laptop sets the TV as "default". This does not reverse by simply pulling the cable. I've connected my laptop same way and although it offers me the choice of 1. laptop monitor only, 2. laptop monitor and TV and 3. TV only, when I go for "laptop and TV" i get the image on the laptop monitor and on the TV, but VIDEOS will not show on the TV (only blackscreen)although the player window is displayed fine. It varies with different makers but you can toggle what you want by pressing Fn and the corresponding F key (with me it's F3).
    Once= laptop monitor, 2nd time= laptop and TV (which doesn't work with everything), 3rd time= TV (which is good for VIDEOS). Find out which F key to use on yours. You'll have to choose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-tv-and-laptop-display.733950/