Windows Support Forum

Will my processor Bottleneck my graphic Card?

Q: Will my processor Bottleneck my graphic Card?

Hello people, I want to know whether my processor will bottleneck my graphic Card ?
My Specs can be found in my profile.

I have been playing Games Like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon future soldier. When I use my MSI afterburner, I see that my graphic Usage never goes high, it mean, It rarely reaches 70 %. It remains stangent at 60 % or near to that. Whereas my friends Get usage upto 96 %. Could bottlenecking be the reason?

Another Info, All my temps are normal. My resolution is 1366 x 768. I bought HD 7850 so that I could max out all the games and play then-m lag free on ultra settings at my low resolution of 1366 x 768, This card is upto my expectations, but I only get approx 40 FPS in Ghost Recon future soldier whereas other people get 50 - 60 FPS in ultra settings.

So, can I know the problem ? Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will my processor Bottleneck my graphic Card?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Will my processor Bottleneck my graphic Card?

Dual-core won't be helping things, and you may notice a 10fps drop. I'm not gonna bother quoting sources because I can't easily find them and they are dodgy anyway...

But, disable ambient occlusion.. it's a big performance hit.

Anyway, to conclude, your system is fine overall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-processor-bottleneck-my-graphic-card.191847/
Relevancy 71.81%

1)i recently bought mercury motherboard PI945GCM..i wan to know dat wil dis motherboard support the latest quad core processors...?????
2)can i add new graphic card such as nvidia or ati radeon wit 512/256 mb n 2 shaders n pixels into dis onboard graphics motherboard..????

Relevancy 70.95%

Good evening all,

my friend has an old Advent 7110 laptop and is experiencing a couple of problems with it, mainly this one, described in his own words: "lappy keeps crashing but not in a turny-offy way, the screen goes all liney and freezes then when you turn it off and on again the fan runs but it doesn't boot" - it does this while plugged in or not.

He originally asked me about graphics cards, thinking it might be something to do with that, but it sounds more like a processor or power issue to me, has anyone got any ideas??

Thank you,
Jess

A:Laptop crashing out, could this be the graphic card or processor?

Sounds like a damaged video cable from the LCD to the motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashing-out-could-this-be-the-graphic-card-or-processor.173751/
Relevancy 69.66%

Can i upgrade or change my graphic card so i could have better gaming experience?
Also i have Processor Speed 2 GHz can i get it better not damaging my laptop?
As far as i know i am having Intel HD Graphics 4000.

A:Laptop ASUS X550C Graphic Card & Processor Speed

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Probably not but have you contacted asus for upgrades for it ?
They would know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/395337-laptop-asus-x550c-graphic-card-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys Just wondering as this is the one thing that is really getting at me right now Will my Athlon AMD X GHz Processor bottleneck an Nvidia GT if I was to buy one 8800GT? processor bottleneck to Is my an going I currently Is my processor going to bottleneck an 8800GT? have a Radeon Pro but I m really disappointed with its performance but I ve heard wonders about the Is my processor going to bottleneck an 8800GT? GT so I m thinking about getting one I have the option to go for a newer processor Not too fancy I don t really want to go far Is my processor going to bottleneck an 8800GT? over the model but I m just wondering if it would be worth it Just for reference I play a few games but the one I m trying to get running smoothly is Age of Conan when it comes out I am in the Open Beta at the moment but my s performance was so so disappointing I was getting low framerates even on low settings and I know it s the beta but it wasn t really stuttering or lots of loading or disk-thrashing that was bothering me it was the sluggishness of the graphics Any help would be appreciated Thanks lex nbsp

A:Is my processor going to bottleneck an 8800GT?

I don't really believe that you'll bottleneck your GPU with your current CPU. I think the performance gain would be substantial going to the 8800GT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-processor-going-to-bottleneck-an-8800gt.710243/
Relevancy 59.77%

First of all I don't know too much about computers so use easy language please I have sent in my computer to get repaired and got it isn't my Graphic graphic finds found. Help! card Only integrated card. back yestersay Since then i've been trying to get it to work properly again I can't play any of the games I used to play before I sent it in to get repaired for example Battlefield I can start dota but it looks pretty messed up I can run minecraft though Anyway after a lot of questions asked trying out different stuff and after getting further and further to the end of this problem I've come to this My computer shows me that I have an Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help! nvidia geforce nforce a graphic card Although it says in the computer description that it SHOULD have a AMD HD GB GDDR My screen isn't plugged in the graphic card since it doesn't recieve anything from there It is plugged directly to the motherboard So from what I understand the nvidia card is the integrated graphic card or am I totally wrong Anyway the device manager can only find the nvidia card and I cannot run any game smoothly on this computer Before I realized this possibility I've tried to download newer drivers for the nvidia card but it didn't help Please help me to get my ADM HD GB GDDR to run I'm trying to google for solutions but I'll give this site a shot Thanks

A:Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help!

first check they havent stolen you GPU
then check that the 4/8pin pci power supply is plugged into the top left of the motherboard.
then check the gpu has power cable(s) plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/202459-graphic-card-isnt-found-only-finds-my-integrated-graphic-card-help.html
Relevancy 58.48%

CPU:AMD Athlon II x4 640 processor

GCU:Vapor-X R9270x

A:Can this cpu bottleneck my graphics card?

A bit..But you won't notice it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/358433-can-cpu-bottleneck-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,

I've just installed Company of Heroes game and can hardly play it. I've dropped the screen res to 800 x 600 but i still get 4fps. Yes 4!!

The min specs for the game are:

-Windows® XP or Vista
-2.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
-512 MB RAM
-1.7 GB of uncompressed free hard drive space (We recommend having 1 gigabyte of free space after installation)
-DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent and latest manufacturer drivers
-DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
-Keyboard, Mouse

Please see my machine specs and let me know what i should do!!

I'm thinking about upgrading the video card to an Nvidia 7600GT?? What would you do?? I've got about £120 ~ US$230 to spend.

Thanks in advance,

A:Where's my bottleneck?? Video card??

Its deffinately your video card. You might also want to upgrade your RAM to at least a gigabyte.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wheres-my-bottleneck-video-card.60344/
Relevancy 58.48%

Well I checked my balance and I don't have £1000
[reference to previous post]

System:

AMD Athlon @ 750Mhz
256mb Ram PC100 (limited by mobo)

AOpen PA3000 Plus (nVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64)

Now I know that the graphics card is crap, but is it worth upgrading to a new card, to improve performance, with my other system specs as they are?

At the moment I get an astoundingly high 3D Mark 2001 Score of 936 (Win XP Pro)

P.S. On the other hand, I could overclock the card. Would increasing the card's clock frequencies be worth it?

Core: 125 -> 160
Memory: 133 -> 170

- these are just the figures that the built in software gives me as a maximum - what cooling would I need to acheive these safely?

All the options.. please help a noob!

A:Is my graphics card the bottleneck?

Your best bet is to go with a newer yet not the newest video card. A GeForce 3 TI200 would probably be ideal for you right now with the price being only around 200 dollars for one.

Your video card is pretty old and the differences between the GeForce 3 and TNT2 would be substantial. Still I think you need a CPU over 1GHZ. Your ram is ok for now, although a future upgrade might be needed (especially with XP).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-the-bottleneck.1226/
Relevancy 58.48%

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=11667446

The new comp I plan to buy today. I wanted an i7 with a $1300 budget. I plan to get more money and upgrade the video card to a GeForce 300 when they are released. Will the one I picked bottleneck my system too bad for the time being?

Also if it's not too much to ask, did I pick a good mobo? Foxconn looks like a good company, but I can't find any reviews online, everyone talks about the EVGA E758 and classified series (which are sold out/too expensive ), as well as the ASUS P6T which got bad reviews most of the time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

A:Will I bottleneck with this Video Card?

Doh! I guess the newegg wish lists don't go public automatically.

I made it public but I guess it takes a while. Here are the parts...

EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000W ATX / BTX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power ... - Retail

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Retail

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - OEM

LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDP118-08 - Retail

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
P.S. The EVGA board I wanted was out of stock but I guess they got some new ones so I put this down, the old board was Foxconn BloodRage LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-i-bottleneck-with-this-video-card.828440/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello chaps,

I'm suffering from graphics card envy after my friend got a 570 and am looking at getting a new PSU and graphics card, but I don't want to spend more on one that is going to be let down by the rest of my set up!

I have a C2Q Q6600 2.4ghz, with 4GB of RAM, although my mobo only lets me use about 3.25GB for system RAM, even on 64bit.

From Google searches, It seems a Q6600 should be ok for the higher 5 series ATIs (something like a 5850, maybe 5870 and would this apply to the 6 series too?), but what about the RAM?

Also, and this might be better in a different thread, or maybe even forum, but what would I need to OC my Q6600 to 3ghz? I wouldn't OC it yet, as my PSU is already pushing it with my 5670. Should I get a better heatsink etc than the standard foxconn one?

Thanks as ever!

A:Graphics card bottleneck

Post a snip of your resource monitor on the memory tab?

The 5670 is a decent card from what I've read... why are you unhappy with it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/176210-graphics-card-bottleneck.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I would greatly appreciate some expert advice regarding this issue from anyone who's highly knowledgeable on the subject. The latest games being released seem to stagger my current graphics card and build (GTA iv, BFBC2, CoDMW2, at lowest settings!). Ive been wanting to purchase a new graphics card but I feel hesitant when terms like "bottlenecking" ring in the back of my mind. Im not sure if my current hardware specs would greatly or just mildly hinder the full potential of a newly purchased graphics card so Im asking around for advice on the subject. My thanks in advance...

My specs are:
AMD Athlon 64X2 5200+ 2.7GHz
8Gb DDR2 (800) RAM @ 400MHz over 4 dimms
Veloci Raptor 10k rpm Seriel ATA HD (i know this part wont be a prob)
800 ish Power supply. I know thats important but ill deal with it if the need arises.but ill deal with that if the need arises.

A:Will my old specs bottleneck a new graphics card?

you would be okay running the likes of a HD 6850 or a GTX 460. what resolution are you playing at? what card are you using right now?

the vast majority of games are very dependent on the graphics subsystem, GTA IV is very CPU dependent though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-old-specs-bottleneck-a-new-graphics-card.162001/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I'm about to soonly (is that even a word lol) buy a new graphics card since my old one black screen reboots when I play intensive games. I'd like to ask the wise if my cpu or mobo would bottleneck my purchase? Also if you could recommend a good reliable PSU and what wattage I should go for.

Cpu - Intel i7 960 3.20ghz
Mobo - p6X58D-E
8 Gig ram

I was planning on getting a GeForce GTX 780 Ti however the last time I upgraded my card my cpu bottlenecked it and ended up having to pretty much buy a whole new pc, will my current cpu be ok with the 780? and as I mentioned before what's a good psu?

Thanks in advance

Ps. I live in the UK.

A:Buying New Card, Bottleneck Check?

Corsair, Seasonic, Antec and XFX are good PSU's. You should do well with most any of those brands. As far as bottlenecking, perhaps it may, but only a little. You don't list what card you have now, but I suspect it will out perform whatever it is. Bottlenecking will just keep it from performing at it's maximum potential, but if you get a 780 TI and only get 90% of it's maximum potential, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/345153-buying-new-card-bottleneck-check.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a somewhat old computer and would like to know what specs I need and what calculation to do to determine what is my bottleneck.

Obviously the hard drive is a bottleneck, but as far as framerates for games, I am not sure whether it is my video card or CPU. I am hoping its video card so I can just upgrade that.

My CPU is a Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0ghz
Video Card is ATI Radeon 9550
RAM is 2x 512mb (1gb) ddr400 (pc3200)

CPU and RAM are running 1:1 (200mhz)
Thanks

A:how can I calculate bottleneck between RAM/CPU/Video Card

You could use a benchmarking tool like 3dMark or something similar. I don't know if any of them are freeware, but you can try googling around

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-calculate-bottleneck-between-ram-cpu-video-card.765009/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello guys

eerr... will an e7200 processor bottleneck a 9800gtx?

I wanna play all the latest games, crysis, devil may cry4, bioshock etc.. in high settings as much as possible, in 1440 x 900 resolution.

I read somewhere that if I overclock the e7200, it can match the stock speed of e8400.

I'm on a budget, but I can dish out some extra bucks for an e8400 IF the e7200 bottlenecks the 9800gtx though...:dead:

any suggestions would be great

A:Will an e7200 bottleneck a 9800gtx video card?

Not likely, the e7200 has more than enough gaming horsepower to keep up with the 9800GTX. However, if you were willing to dish out a bit more cash, the Radeon HD4870 blows the GTX away; is physically smaller to boot... just to give you another option

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-an-e7200-bottleneck-a-9800gtx-video-card.113081/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I am hoping to build a nice system sometime used for gaming and have chosen a cpu and video card that I believe will a bottleneck 760 Can stock i7 4770k 4gb {Skyrim} Card? GTX Graphics handle games smoothly on Ultra settings with graphical mods installed The cpu is an Intel Core i k I am not interested in over clocking it so not sure if you all may know of a better cpu for around the same price I am open to ideas The video card is an EVGA GeForce GTX gb version which I found that certain graphical mods require more VRam so I am going for gb instead of gb I was just wondering if you all believe the i would bottleneck this video card at stock or would there be any way to tell Could a motherboard also hinder any of the components features or abilities in performing at their best or is it strictly cpu gpu that should be the main concern Having slower DDR RAM will not cause the GDDR VRam to under perform or do these have nothing to do with one another Thank you Can a stock i7 4770k bottleneck GTX 760 4gb Graphics Card? {Skyrim} for more information regarding these things The main game I am going to be playing is Skyrim at Ultra x using ENB Boost Climates of Tamriel plus other graphical mods I may even Can a stock i7 4770k bottleneck GTX 760 4gb Graphics Card? {Skyrim} host big battles like you see others do on YouTube so hopefully all of that will Can a stock i7 4770k bottleneck GTX 760 4gb Graphics Card? {Skyrim} or can run smoothly too with these graphical mods Again I am open to suggestions if you believe there are better components for around the same price that can better handle or can give the best performance in maxed out graphical modded big battles Skyrim Do let me know if you need any other information or specifics about the build Take Care all nbsp

A:Can a stock i7 4770k bottleneck GTX 760 4gb Graphics Card? {Skyrim}

Click the PC next to my name. I have no bottlenecking issues with my CPU/GPU, and that's even considering my CPU is a step down and GPU a step up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-stock-i7-4770k-bottleneck-gtx-760-4gb-graphics-card-skyrim.1119878/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I recently dusted up my antique Pentium system as I had to GT for Nvidia PCI Interface card Graphics 520 Solved: Bottleneck postpone by new build The system details are as follows Pentium MHz ECS P STP-FL Mainboard MB PC SDRAM GB HDD Windows XP I bought a conventional PCI version of GT Zotac Graphics card as there was no AGP PCI-Exp slot on my mainboard to give a boost to the system Initially i had trouble getting the modern graphics card recognized by my old mainboard and finally had success with DOS level PCI tweaks I should say I learnt a lot from this old system in the process I was pleasantly surprised to be able to watch full HD videos in a Pentium system courtesy of GPU Even i could game a bit with some old titles NFSMW My question is quot Will there be a bottleneck of even this low end graphics card due to the PCI interface MB s in comparison to its PCI-Exp version if Solved: PCI Interface Bottleneck for Nvidia GT 520 Graphics card so by how much tentatively quot The card specs are MHz core MHz memory speed bit MB DDR VRAM nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Tech Support Guy,

I need some advices for a VGA Card which will work at it's best for my specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU (only has 1 PCI-e 16x)
Memory: Corsair Dual Chanel 2 Gb
PSU: Seasonic S12II 550Watt
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 22" Full HD LED

I definitely will stay with 1 VGA card for a while, as my mobo only has 1 PCI-e slot.
And most likely I won't OC, but maybe in the future I will, still not sure.

I was thinking Nvidia GTX460, GTX470 or ATI 6850, 6870
Will those cards work ok with my specs? any risk of bottleneck?
Or maybe you have some better choices? Please do suggest

Thank you all!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-vga-card-for-core2duo-e7500-specs-inside-without-bottleneck-risk.974521/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, i'm running window 7 32-bit OS.
My graphic card is (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics)
My problem is that after i went to www.amd.com, downloaded,uninstall the old catalyst and installed a new catalyst which matches my OS and yet i got this message whenever i tried to run that catalyst.
"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.
Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware"
can anyone help me solve this problem?

I've downloaded the catalyst alot of times and kept install and uninstall but i'm still having the same problem.
I really appreciate any suggestions..

A:graphic driver can't detect graphic card

Try downloading the driver from HP; select your model from this list Compaq Presario CQ40-100 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230254-graphic-driver-cant-detect-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I start having hardware problems with my graphic card (NVidia GT 750) and I am looking for a replacement.  We don't need a gaming card, but we are doing high end graphic design with Photoshop CC 2015, Illustrator, InDesign and so on...Thanks for your help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-card-replacement-for-graphic-design/td-p/5649549
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a AMD sempron TM processor LE-1300, i want to change my graphics card, the current 1 sucks its 6 series. Ok so will I be able to install like a nvidia 9 series on here? will the Sempron CPU probably bottleneck.?
Is this processer a PCI or PCI express 16 slot or w/e?
Lastly, any1 knw a good guide i can use to change my graphics card on this processor/desktop.

A:Graphic/processor question

That low-end AMD Sempron processer has nothing to do with what type of video card you can install.

Look at the motherboard and see if it has an AGP slot or a PCI Express slot for installing a video card.

Look at the power supply and see what wattage it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If your computer is a factory brand one and not a custom made one, advise what the brand name and model name and model number of it is.

Does it currently have a video card or does it have integrated graphics built into the motherboard?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-processor-question.961874/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. Few days ago i bought a new laptop. HP Notebook 15-ay057nw. Everything was okey but not the graphic card and performance. I can't play games !!! ;/ Laptop uses only Intel HD Graphics. I have the newest drivers in both graphic cards. In BIOS i can not find the option to change graphic card. I set all to "max performance" but still the dedicated card doesn't work ;/Dedicated card in any apps, games are 0%. I try everything and i can not find the solution. Guys please help me i really need a helpI'm giving a prof to this the AMD Graphic card is 0%. In dxdiag the first graphic card is Intel HD Graphics. In the advanced options of resolution the graphic card is Intel. Sorry for my english, i'm polish so my english not the best. Thanks for any help-Best wishes, Luke

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-t-change-graphic-card-Dedicated-card-doesn-t-work/td-p/5793682
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there existing external graphic card or video card for integrated laptops

?? or other suggetions ^^
it would be a great help for me hihi

A:Is there existing external graphic card or video card for laptaps

Well they have these but they just give you a port to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/229229-there-existing-external-graphic-card-video-card-laptaps.html
Relevancy 50.31%

15 days ago My laptop was unable to boot , when i have formatted it and after installing graphic card driver it is unable to boot again , i tried more than 5 times and even i tried windows 7 ultimate , proffessional and even 32 bit and 64 bit but its not working the momment i instal video driver after installing it requires boot and after boot its unabe to start please help my laptop is not in warranty . serial - [Personal Information Removed]  product number - LZ801PA#ACJ  micro poccessor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

A:video card/graphic card reboot problem

boynamedanurag Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about booting and video card problems and wanted to help. So, if I understand what you're saying, you reinstalled Win7 and the PC boots OK, right? But when you then install a video driver and reboot, it does not boot, right? My guess is that you have one of the old DV6 laptops that has two video chipsets, something called Switchable Graphics.  And the problem with that is that only the HP OEM video drivers will work on that laptop.  IF you install other ones, such as the ones you get from AMD or Nvidia, they will NOT work -- which sounds like what is happening to you. What DOES work is restoring your PC using HP Recovery Media because that will contain the HP OEM drivers.  Media. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/driversOnce there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while! Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/video-card-graphic-card-reboot-problem/td-p/5607725
Relevancy 50.31%

Can you change a laptop video card/graphic card?

I looked in a shop and they said "a laptop graphic card can not be changed."

Can a laptop graphic card be changed??
(Nvidia geforce go 6150)

Please help
With many thanks,
Ritesh

A:Can you change a laptop video card/graphic card?

Unless the laptop has onboard graphics, there is no reason why the card can't be changed.

Of course, I am not very knowledgeable with GFX cards, so I can't necessarily tell whether is has onboard graphics or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66156-can-you-change-laptop-video-card-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Hello, Can I upgrade my motherboard with a graphic card. Is it possible?

A:improvement of graphic card (video card)

serzh_shumkov Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wanting to upgrade the graphics on your laptop and wanted to help. Sorry for the bad news, but you are operating under a misunderstanding.  Unlike desktop PCs, laptops do not use video "cards"; instead, they use video chips that are permanently attached to either video modules, or to the laptop system board.  These are not customer-replaceable parts. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/improvement-of-graphic-card-video-card/td-p/5687997
Relevancy 49.45%

I have ProLiant ML110 G6  I've bought Sapphire Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR5 card. Before I buy, I've checked compatibility of my PCIe v2 x16 slot with PCIe v3 x16 card. I'ts compatible backwards so I can use v3 card in my v2 slot i MB. But When I was trying to install it I've noticed that on MB is inprinted PCIe x16 45W (I attached photo below).  So can I use this card - in specification is given that consumption of this card is 70W. Can undervoltage break my G card? Maybe I should ure Riser with extra molex pin? x16 slot gives 45W and molex can give 35W = total 80W. What you think     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphic-Card-upgrade-use-70W-card-in-45W-socket/td-p/5678590
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm having problems with video streams stopping and games stopping. I was told that I don't have a video card/ graphic card. Which should I get or both. My PC has 736 RAM. I'm thinking of gettin 2G or 1G stick. Would this help or do I need it to run a video card/ graphic card?

Thank You for your responses

thesecretaz66m

A:What is the diffret in a video card / graphic card?

A video card and a graphic(s) card are the same thing. What you have now is an integrated graphics card. Integrated graphics cards have terrible performance. Now, we need to know whether your motherboard has a PCI-E or AGP slot. Download CPU-Z , take screenshots of the tabs called "CPU" and "Mainboard" and post them here.

They should look something like this (the information and logo will be different):

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-diffret-in-a-video-card-graphic-card.80625/
Relevancy 47.73%

My Laptop is Lenovo G580 i5 2.5GZ without graphic card

There is showing dedecated video memory is 64mp

One of my fav. game is not playing, I'm not sure what is the problem

Please confirm me If I can get graphic card or video card for the laptop

A:I don't have graphic card & video card

Hi sunilgupta91,
Are you sure your Lenovo G580 i5 2.5GZ does have a Graphic Card called GeForce® GT 635M ? My friend use to own one but with graphic card. please check it again.
Why you didn't ask before you buy it? BTW, what kind of game are you play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-dont-have-graphic-card-video-card.187921/
Relevancy 47.73%

Are these the same thing? I have an old Dell (as you can see), but I like it. I was told that I could improve its performance by adding a video card. When I look them up, I see pictures of odd-looking devices that in no way resemble a "card." I can only find 2 that will work with this computer. Does that seem right?

A:Video card vs graphic card?

"Video Card" and "Graphics Card" are the same thing.

There are 4 different versions of the 745. A "minitower", a desktop, a Small Form Factor and an ultra small form factor. Which one do you have? It makes a difference for a video (graphics) card.

The minitower will take a PCIe type video card. With the small power supply that can limit you (if this is the model you have). The others versions are even further restrictive as they will require "low profile" type cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/349324-video-card-vs-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on a new 500GIG drive and it does not recognize my graphics adapters. I have tried 4 different cards and all i get is the standard vga adapter.

See attachment for sys info.

What can I do to get this system to recognize the adapters.

A:Graphic Card

You need to install the drivers for your video card from the manufacturers site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/105981-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I am tryin to play a game but it says my graphic card is out of date...could somebody tell me how to update it.....please help

A:graphic card

Which graphic Card is this.. Download and Install the Latest Drivers For your "Graphic Card"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card.614238/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello!
I would like to buy a new graphic card because..
(my pc is 1 month old now)
I have a Intel (R) Graphics Media accelerator HD and when I play games like GTA IV or flatout ultimate carnage, It lags.
Even on low(est) quality.
I'm not sure that the problem my graphic card is, but I think so because my pc is powerful.
Here are my specs :
HP Pavilion P 6550 BE
Windows 7 Home Premium (64bits)
4GB RAM
Processor : Intel (R) core I3 with 3,07 GHZ, 2 core's , 4 logical processors
HD : 1TB Hard drive
Here is my question : What graphic card should I buy for this pc?
I don't know mutch about graphic cards because I've never buyed one.

Can anyone also give me a guide wich teaches me how to install that graphic card?

Sorry for my bad English,

Thanks!

J-P

A:New Graphic Card = H.E.L.P.?

Have a lonk to your computer? A Google search with the model number as you posted it doesn't return anything that matches the specs you listed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98467-new-graphic-card-h-e-l-p.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone,Im upgrading my graphics carrd from a crappy ATI radeon x1300 and i was just wondering which graphics card to get im on a about $250 can
budget the parts must come from either : www.canadacomputers.com or www.tigerdirect.ca thx in advance =)

A:Which Graphic card??

250 Can or US?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2855874&CatId=1826

I personally own the 256mb version. Solid performer. If you're a fan of nVidia, the 7900GS is the equivalent, but benchmarks show that the X1950pro outperforms the 7900GS more significantly in benchmarks that it does, while the 7900GS outperforms the X1950pro slightly in the others.

Check the benches at www.tomshardware.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphic-card.74195/
Relevancy 46.44%

I want to upgrade my graphic card. I have a XFX 9500 GT 1GB now

I would like to upgrade it to a GTX 260 or a HD 5770. Please suggest me as to which one would be better?

and also I have a motherboard XFX nforce 630i (PCIE 1.0 slot). Can I install any of the 2.0 cards on it?

Please suggest ASAP

A:Best Graphic Card

Quote: Originally Posted by irfan88

Can I install any of the 2.0 cards on it?

Quote:
PCIe 2.0 motherboard slots are fully backward compatible with PCIe v1.x cards. PCIe 2.0 cards are also generally backward compatible with PCIe 1.x motherboards, using the available bandwidth of PCI Express 1.1. Overall, graphic cards or motherboards designed for v 2.0 will be able to work with the other being v 1.1 or v 1.0.

PCI Express

also,
5770 or GTX 260 - I think I know the answer

If not,
google 'GTX 260 vs. 5770' and you'll have plenty to take in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/89975-best-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is it  possible to plug an msi GT 710 NVidia PCI card in the free pci cardslot.or is that only for an SSD pci card. i need that for a second monitor without HDMI Thanksnagienagie 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Graphic card

The BIOS is not the answer. Follow these steps to create a multi-monitor desktop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphic-card/td-p/5761459
Relevancy 46.44%

hi!
i have installed nvdia fx5200, 128mb graphic card. but on playing age of empire lll, i get a message that the video card is old and i need to contact the manufacturer. on running the game it stops mid way.
pl advise.
thx
nko

Well, it is true that that card is a little..... out of date. However it should still be enough to at least RUN aoe3. Minimum requirements are a 64Mb directx 8.0 compatible card. You have a 128mb directx 9.0 compatible.

Have you tried the latest drivers for it? Go here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
and download the latest geforce graphics driver for your system.

If that doesn't work, then give us your complete system stats.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card.39070/
Relevancy 46.44%

A XFX Geforce 6200 256Mb AGP Bundle (Includes USB Joypad & FarCry Game)

or a

XFX GeForce 6200 512MB AGP 8X DVI Graphics Card

i would say the second one but would like some opinoins before buying it.

Baltan

A:Which graphic card would be better??

Neither. The 6200's use 64bit memory which cripples their gaming performance. Get a 6600GT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphic-card-would-be-better.49114/
Relevancy 46.44%

So, i was thinking that i want to buy a new graphic card for my computer.
My computer is very small Acer aspire x1301 <--- I don't know where is the processor and where is the graphic card and does the new graphic card even fit inside?

A:How i set up my new graphic card?

Hello Vincent,

That big fan is covering the CPU. The graphics card is the long card in the upper right corner of your picture (also where you plug your monitor into... you can follow it to the inside of the computer).

From what I can tell, it would appear your computer supports PCI-e x16 GPUs (Graphics cards).

Your specs are here: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/de...X1301sp2.shtml

You will need a low profile card, which means it cannot be very big.

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/229473-how-i-set-up-my-new-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,

I got a Geforce 7300GT 128mb currently, but i was given ATI 700x 128mbas a present.

Could anyone tell me which may be better? , ty

A:Which graphic card is better?

the 77300gt is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphic-card-is-better.62399/
Relevancy 46.44%

My PC's RIG

Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 760MB RAM
Hard Drive: 34 GB
Video Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Cotroller
Monitor: hp m703 Color Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek AC97

There Should Some Graphic Cards Thats Sortable For My PC I Dont Need A Massive Reply With 100's Of Graphic Cards To Buy I Only Want Two Or Three Possabiltys To Buy Budget Is £80-£150

Perhaps A New Sound Card Also.

A:Help With Right Graphic Card For My Pc.

Your hard drive is actually 40GB... The system restore files (on another partition) take up 6GB. Do you have an AGP slot on the motherboard or just PCI slots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-right-graphic-card-for-my-pc.95383/
Relevancy 46.44%

I need some help with graphic cards and I'm new to this computer stuff. I bought my computer last year and I want to change my graphic card because I think it sucks. =/
Can you guys help me with which graphic card I should get. I think I need to give you some info about this computer but I don't know how to show. o Please help me Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

may i know wat graphic card is best for gaming?

nVidia geforce or ATi ?

may i know what is a VGA Controller ?

Both companies make excellent cards for games. Which one is better is a matter of opinion for the most part, unless there is just one specific game you want to play. For example if you ONLY play one game, and it is openGL based, then nvidia tends to outperform ATI. Each has it's own area of specialty, but in general they even out.

And to answer your other question, a "VGA controller" is just another name for "graphics card".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card.40793/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just got an Arcade GeForce 2 MX 400 Graphics Accelerator. I have a DFI AD77 Infinity motherboard. I installed it on my agp port and whenever I start the computer It beeps like crazy. And I get nothing on my monitor. It just turns off into energy saving mode. I uninstalled the old drivers but it still doesn't work. Please help!!! Oh I have windows 98 on my computer.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

I'm looking to replace my old GTX 260 OC graphic card, but I'm not up to date with the new hardware, so I need a little help

My current GTX260 is fine in most games, but after i bought a 24" monitor, it's having a somewhat hard time running some games at 1920x1080 with decent graphic details. Especially GTA IV is maxing it out, and thats the game i play the most.

I was doing some research and found out that GTA IV doensn't support multi GPU cards, so i guess i need some hardcore single gpu card? Like 5870, but that card is nearly impossibile to get unless i wanna wait several weeks

Any ideas?

My rig is:
Q9550 2.83ghz
4gb DDR3 pc12800
Samsung Spinpoint 1tb
Asus GTX260 Top
Gigabyte EP45-T Extreme
PSU Corsair 650 watt

A:What graphic card should I buy?

Well, if you only want a single GPU card and you don't want to wait for the 5870 and you already have a GTX 260, I suppose that leaves the GTX 285.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-graphic-card-should-i-buy.138653/
Relevancy 46.44%

Once again Hi guys This is ravi.
I am planning to change my graphics card
SPARKLE Ge force 210 to [Any best cheap graphics card for gaming]
Please suggest me some graphics card.
And suggest me is it good to change to windows 7 64-bit from windows 7 32-Bit...My Mother board Can support Dual Core processor.i just want to utilize my full 4gb ram instead of 3.25 Ram in 32 Bit and wanted to run Adobe After effects CS5 which is my favorite.
Thanks !

A:Best Graphic Card.

hi ravi. didn't u just ask this in another post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/104672-best-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All I'm not really up on the latest hardware so thought I would seek a little help here I would like to upgrade my geforce GS and was looking at the Gt series as my card is a looking card graphic for new a silent version I would really like another silent card Ive had a look looking for a new graphic card around and the only silent one I think will fit my mobo is a Sparkle GT Silent Cool-pipe Model number SF-PX GT D -HPL Cool-pipe Graphics Processing NVIDIA GeForce GT Core Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Memory Type MB GDDR Memory Interface -Bit Shader Clock MHz Bus Type PCI-Express RAMDAC MHz This is the only one I think wil lfit the MSI neo FR board I have without obstructing the sata ports Is this card worth moving to from the GS I use windows home premium and the only games I play at present are call of duty and call of duty modern warefare I was thinkig that if this card is a better card I can donate my card ot my daughters pc instead of the GS that she uses Thanks for any help offered Mart

A:looking for a new graphic card

Mart, welcome to the forums.

Quote:
Is this card worth moving to from the 7600GS ?

The 9800GT will eat the 7600GS for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Quote:
the only games I play at present are call of duty 4 and call of duty modern warefare 2

If you go for the card get ready to be able to play those at max resolution and max settings (or most of them at max), instead of a low resolution and low settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/39303-looking-new-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Thinking of upgrading my gfx card from g force2 440mx 64 mb, to fx 5200 128 mb...... been quoted £64 for fx 5200. Is this a good option? IF NOT CAN U SUGGEST ANY OTHER CARD .....

PLZ REPLY ASAP

Relevancy 46.44%

is the graphics card im using the best for my mother board ???? any help would be good thankyou.

What kind of things do you do on a computer/ gaming /graphics or normal stuff?
What Graphics Card?
Read the following and get back to us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/105142-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, Im writing now because i think i tryied everything... I have Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and graphic card GeForce 9600GT , before win7 i had win xp and drivers from nvidia website and for an example in Trackmania(game) on all medium\high works perfectly , when i installed win7, drivers installed automatically for my graphic card and in the same game i have now like 50-60 fps and works not so good on lowest preset !

I tryed install drivers for win7 from nvidia website and i cant
http://i38.tinypic.com/30ngf13.jpg
sorry for my english :P

Go into Device Manager and uninstall all drivers for your card. Then try installing the drivers you downloaded. Do not restart your computer in the process, because then Windows will automatically install what it thinks are the best drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35122-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Compaq Presario 6000, Pentium 4, 2 ghz, the works. but i only have a intel extreme graphics card. its not to bad but games seem to get sketchy at parts in games like warcraft III and Command and Conquer. I want to get a new video card to improve the quality of the games i have now and eventually be able to buy high quality games like Doom III that are coming out some time down the road. What graphic card is the best that is available now and around $150 or $200. Also, does my system have to have some sort of requirements to put them in???

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey! 

I have an XPS 8100 with an intel i7 860. Can i upgrade my graphics card with a geforce GTX 750? without changing anything to the computer?

Check the power supply requirements and also the space available.It needs a double slot available to fit and a 400w psu. See--
OC Edition - Core Clock: 1033MHz/1111MHz
Features Dual-link DVI-I / DVI-D / HDMI2
Support PCI Express 3.0 x16 bus interface
System power supply requirement: 400W
Supports 4K at60Hz via two HDMI

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984470
Relevancy 46.44%

I would like some advice on getting a new graphic card. My system: Intel D875PBZ, Intel 4 3.2GHz, 2gig memory and presently using a Radeon 9800 Pro. Thanks...

A:New graphic card

What interface do you want (i.e. PCI, AGP or PCI-e), what is your budget and what do you want to do, e.g. gaming, video editing etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphic-card.94075/
Relevancy 46.44%

ok here is my situation.....i have a dell 4500 desktop and when i purchased it i got the graphic card upgrade to nvidia geforce 2/mx 400 series so i would be able to play games such as doom 3 and half-life 2 and what not but for some reason none of these games will play on my pc......when i go to the device manager and click on display and click double click on the card it says location: pci bus 1 device 0 function 0
driver version: 5.6.7.3

can somebody please explain what is goin on here????

A:graphic card help please

IMO that card is to old to play any of those games, you can try to get the latest drivers form nvidia but i doubt that will make a difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-help-please.42041/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys,

I am very new to this bottlenecking term, infact this is the only time i used the word.

My question:

My pc (old i know)

Motherboard : Asus P5L-MX
CPU: intel core 2 duo 1.86
RAM: 2gb kingston 667mhz DDR2

I want to but a HD6850 for now, and when i upgrade my total system i could i use this card in the future.

So will my cpu bottleneck my graphic card?
If so which card should i buy?

A:New graphic card in an old PC

I wouldn't spend too much money on the system, but as long as the motherboard supports a PCIe X16 video card, the HD6850 will work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphic-card-in-an-old-pc.163122/
Relevancy 46.44%

I will buy a new graphic card especially for gaming and the simple question is...
GeForce 9800GX2 OR Ati Radeon HD 3870 X2 ?
My motherboard is GA-X38-DS4 and its Supports CrossFire with Dual PCI-E 2.0 x16.
------------------------------------

A:The best graphic card

Go with the GeForce 9800GX2. Its by far the superior choice.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/144077-best-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys im going to buy a desktop and have been after a 15 processor but found the ATI Radeon HD 5450 with 512mb Is that good Enough to get good fps in games like minecraft ??
and if you know how much roughly

A:Graphic Card Help??

With an average cpu it runs pretty well and gains about 50-80 fps! Most of the time it runs about 69 fps.
~Professor

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/170818-graphic-card-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've bought a new graphics card; GeForce GTX 260. I've downloaded all the drives I've inserted the card in the slot and it still would not work. When I try to plug the monitor cable into the card the monitor just goes black. I've tried changing the BIOS settings and it still does not work.

Someone please help me...

A:Can someone help me please??? (Graphic Card)

Hi and welcome toTSF did you disable any on board in the bios,usually it is automatic these days but worth checking just the same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/can-someone-help-me-please-graphic-card-430461.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I just bought a new graphic card the geforce GTX and like the graphic card before it gtx doesn t work help graphic New card and freeze up at the blue HP screen when booting New graphic card help It also beeps - times I d say that it s a compatibility problem with my motherboard but I ve already checked and it is supposed to be compatible I think the problem is with the BIOS but I already updated them and I m frankly out of ideas about what to do now Here are my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AB Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled The graphic card shown here is the old one I also replaced my old power supply with a CX M Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Do i install external graphic card to my laptop

I am assuming either of these scenario: 1. Either you want to get an external Thunderbolt 3 enclosure like Razer Core to plug in graphics card, or2. You're planning to rig your own eGPU enclosure and make it work. Both cases, don't bother. Waste of time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphic-card/td-p/5830487
Relevancy 46.44%

I would like to buy a graphic card so I can play games that support for OPEN GL3.0 or higher.  ALL range of prices.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-want-to-buy-a-graphic-card/td-p/5803896
Relevancy 46.44%

i bought a ati radeon hd 5450 graphic card it worked properly till 4-5 months but now its not working when i start the pc it shows black screen my mouse and keyboard stops working but my cpu fan is running . i just tried to start my pc without graphic card they it worked properly..message edited by 3mpty

A:how to fix graphic card

Take out the Radeon card then put it back as it may just have been a poor connection between the edge-connector and the PCIe slot.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-to-fix-graphic-card/528.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay i have just done this Belarc scan of my pc and this is my graphics card.
I have a S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR ..Is this good?

And has my graphic's card got anything to do with the fact some of my games i play shut down or freeze?

If you require any other info to better help you answer my questions just yell out,lol.

Thank you.

Relevancy 46.44%

hi guys,

I just bought a 6600GT today and i am currently experiencing a few probs..
My PC will random auto shut-down (not auto reboot) and this happened a few times already..my question is does this graphic card have any PSU-power requirement? currently my PSU is a 300W one....
Secondly, sometimes my comp refuses to do POST even after multiple restarts..lights are blinking on the tower but the monitor is unable to detect my graphic card... what is causing these probs?

thanks

A:Help regarding graphic card

Check your requirements at this site:

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,119585,pg,2,00.asp

See if you have enough wattage. 300Watts is not very big for a current spec'ed PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-regarding-graphic-card.358156/
Relevancy 46.44%

I installed a geforce 8400 gs graphic card on my '02 gateway and i cannot get it to work. My original vga is not compatible with windows 7 therefore everything is huge and looks outdated and crappy. My PC Tech insured me that this graphic card would have no problem with windows 7 on my PC. When i go into the install drivers option on my installation disk it says (Only windows xp and Windows Vista, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, are supported by this driver cd. I tried to download a driver from NVIDIA or EVGA but it still is not working! I also disabled my standard vga adapter in the device manager and enabled my NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400 GS, and still nothing. Can anyone give me good news, I need help badly, please!

What happens when you try to install the drivers fro Nvidia's website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.21_whql.html

Did you get the PCI or AGP version of this card? Did you also set the primary video to the matching interface in the BIOS and try to disable on the onboard video in the BIOS as well? You must also plug the monitor into the new card before you turn on the computer.

But honestly, thats not the ideal system to be running Windows 7 on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card.909687/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,I have Elitebook 8570, and as from my understanding it contain k2000m and Firepro m4000.But i cannot understand how to switch from K2000m to Firepro m4000. How to change the setting from Bios?because AMD graphic driver are also not detecting it. my laptop is just showing k2000m Thank you.

Hi: Not according to the quickspecs at the link below... The notebook only has one graphics card. It only has one of the following... GRAPHICSAMD FirePro? M4000 with 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memoryMicrosoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.1/4.1+capableNVIDIA Quadro K1000M with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memoryMicrosoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.2 capableNVIDIA Quadro K2000M with 2 GB dedicated DDR3 video memoryMicrosoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.2 capable See page 6. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-card/td-p/5714451
Relevancy 46.44%

i just bought a Ati radeon 5770. i uninstalled the old video card and driver and put in the new card. when i put it in i could nto find my card in my device manager. it was just a default intel(R) thing. i dont know how i can update my card if it cant find it. please help

A:Graphic card help!

Quote: Originally Posted by link1919

i just bought a Ati radeon 5770. i uninstalled the old video card and driver and put in the new card. when i put it in i could nto find my card in my device manager. it was just a default intel(R) thing. i dont know how i can update my card if it cant find it. please help

Hi and welcome

you cant find it because there is no driver installer. if yoou look in device manager you will probably notice some "unknown device" that have yellow triangles on them. One of them is your video. You need to dl the corrct driver (32bit or 64) and install it
Let us know if you need Help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/58950-graphic-card-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am using Intel Desktop Board D845GEBV2, i want to know which Graphic Card will work on board that supports complete Dx9 features.
I can spend <$100 for this card.

I want to play NFS-carbon on this board although i tried playing NFS-MostWanted with lowest settings w/o any graphic card.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphic-card.75569/
Relevancy 46.44%

WHAT CARD SHOULD I BUY? VISIONTEK HD 5670 2GB DDR3 or VISIONTEK HD 6670 GDDR5 OR POSSIBLY GEFORCE? TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO UPGRADE TO. I AM PURCHASING A CORSAIR 430WATT PSU FOR $50 AND WANT TO PLAY GTA 4 WITH BETTER FPS I CURRENTLY USE A HD 4200 GPU. I HAVE A BUDGET OF $220 WHAT SHOULD I DO. I DON'T WANT TO GET A GPU THAT REQUIRES PCI-E 6PIN OR 8PIN POWER. I JUST WANT TO GET ONE THATS POWERED BY THE PCI-E BUS.

A:Which is the better graphic card?

I'm curious as to why you are against a video card with a PICE (6 or 8 pin) power connector especially since the power supply you want has that connector. Your budget would easily support a 6770, 6790 or even a 6850(this would almost max out your budget) but these cards all require a PCIE power connector. Between the 5670 and 6670 I would defiantly go with a 6670 It has 80 more stream processors and GDDR5 is a definite improvement over GDDR3 but again it doesn't cost much more for a 6770 which has almost double the stream processors but requires an auxiliary PCIE power connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-better-graphic-card.170468/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

When should the cooling fan on my graphics card be spinning?

It's a Geforce 3 Ti500?

1) Should it start spinning from pc start up?

Sam.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys, 1st thanx for the pointers regarding last thread about my Sapphire Radeon HD 6770

I bought this card to get 3 monitors, and it did that, I think it got a little help from windows anyhoo, as for eyefinity, did get it for a time, but very problematic, and now I don't even get the options, add the fact the playing X3 Albion Prelude was like a ticking clock every tick was a jerk, was the final straw.

So may I ask you all, I need 1 graphics card to run min 3 monitors, and with a bit of gaming on the side, I like the eyefinity idea but it has to work this time round, okWhat Graphics Card.

Win 7 64bit Triple core 3g ram ..... price tag around the ?150 to ?200 gbp

I have checked out a few only I don't know if they run 3 monitors,
Appreciate your help
Thanx
Regards
Gary

If you want to try nVidia, I believe that the real 600 series cards (650, 660, 670, and 680 cards, along with the "ti" variants) can run 3 monitors. Web search on nVidia Surround.

Eyefinity is supposed to be better, but whichever work is best for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/282828-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i own a laptop 512mb with 32mb vram
i dont think its fast enough for games that i play. is there anyway i can make the game run faster by upgrading the vram or the memory?

A:new graphic card!

Unless you have the Alienware laptop where you can upgrade the graphics card, the short answer to your question, is: no, you cannot upgrade the graphics card in a laptop since it is part of the motherboard.

I don't think increasing the memory will do much of a difference, but I'll defer to others in the forum who would know more about this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card.253033/
Relevancy 46.44%

the instructions state i need to change my BIOS from primary Display Adapter to PCIi can not find out how to do that?running vista on an HP computer

A:new PNY graphic card, GT 620

To access the BIOS settings on an HP computer, turn off your PC.Now turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly until the BIOS Setup screen opens.If that doesn't work, restart the PC but this this time press the F1 key repeatedly.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/new-pny-graphic-card-gt-620/13430.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Im about to buy new graphic card and i decided to buy VGA ASUS ATI HD7770 it says it fits to slot PCI express 3.0 and my mobo is intel DQ67SW i looked on the mobo and it looks like it fits? im rly not sure.This mobo has integrated graphic card already. Can somebody give me a hand with this? and if it fits should i plug my monitor to mobo or graphic card?

You have one PCIe 2.0 x 16 expansion slot on your Intel DQ67SW.

The AMD Radeon&#8482; HD 7770 GHz Edition is designed to use PCIe 3.0, though PCIe 3.0 is backwards-compatible with PCIe 2.0.

PCIe 3.0 has a theoretical throughput of 15.75 GB/s while PCIe 2.0 has a theoretical throughput of 8 GB/s. Obviously you won't be able to attain the same speed, but the card will work.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You would plug the monitor into this graphics card, not the integrated graphics chip on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card.1105502/
Relevancy 46.44%

just had a new grafic card installed in our time computer, the grafic card is .. sis chipset 64 bit pci vga card 6326 chipset 4mb or 8mb memory version2.0. Our problem is that we can only get colours in green, blue, and yellow. No red's or pink's. What is wrong with it and can we do anything to get the red's?.

Go here and download the driver and install it.
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0,10151,0-10110-106-0-1-0,00.html?tag=stbc.gp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card.68393/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a Dell XPS 8300 with a AMD Radion HD 6670 graphic card, I wish to upgrade the card.
I'm not a gamer but need graphic power when using Photoshop.
Can you recommend an upgrade?.
Regards
Tom

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

What are the minimum graphics processor and display requirements?

1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB of VRAM  (2 GB or greater of VRAM is recommended)
To use OpenGL acceleration, your system must support OpenGL v2.0 and Shader Model 3.0 or later
To use OpenCL acceleration, your system must support OpenCL v1.1 or later

Note:

For help with common Photoshop and graphics processor issues or error messages, see Graphics processor (GPU) troubleshooting.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125897&cm_re=RX460-_-14-125-897-_-Product

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992528
Relevancy 46.44%

Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007.
I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried 'dxdiag', and Display Adapters under Device Manager, couldn't detect it too.
I tried using Speccy, it showed this: 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'
Help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

A:I don't know what's my graphic card name

GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/28131-i-dont-know-whats-my-graphic-card-name.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm planning to upgrade my graphic card soon when I have the money and would like which one is better for cost vs effectiveness. A ATI Radeon HD 4870 or a Nvidia GeForce GTS 450?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121376

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187120

A:Which graphic card is better?

The 4870 has roughly 20% better performance. With the prices you got there, their performance/cost ratios are pretty similar.

Of course, if you can find a benchmark comparison on stuff you use the card for, that'd give a better estimate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-is-better.961362/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone Go easy on me since this is my first post on this website I would like to upgrade my computer I currently have a Dell Inspiron These are my current specs copied from xFire Manufacturer Dell Inc Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Monitor Generic Graphic New Help Card and PSU PnP Monitor Sound Card Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Speakers Headphones Keyboard USB Root Hub Mouse USB Root Hub Mouse Surface Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Motherboard Computer Case I know my computer isn t that great but I don t want to purchase a new computer yet This is the graphic I currently want http www play com PC PCs - GT- GB-DDR -PCI-E-Graphics-Card Product html But it needs a PSU of watts and mine is watts So do you think you could help me pick a new PSU for my computer please Please ask if you need and additional info and i ll try and get New Graphic Card and PSU Help it for you Thank you for reading P S I m not exactly looking for something that costs a lot thanks If you could help me find a PSU on play com that would be perfect thanks nbsp

A:New Graphic Card and PSU Help

I would recommend these: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152940 + http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150985
Free 5 working day delivery, I doubt Play.com's free shipping is any faster. Play.com doesn't have a single decent quality, affordable power supply.
If you really want to cheap out, here's a 9500 GT for you: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/179473 (the 1 GB of memory does NOT in ANY way increase performance of such a low end card. Just in case you started thinking.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card-and-psu-help.882896/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Everyone!
I want to know what is the best graphic card for less than $180.
I want it support Crossfire or SLI because I will add another one in future.
I found ASUS Radeon HD 7790 DirectCU II Overclocked Edition (ASUS HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5) is the best till now and it cost $170 on Newegg.

If there is any graphic card is better than this, please tell me, thanks!

Regards,
addas

A:What is the best graphic card for less than $180 ?

I run the model 7870 up from this and it's crazy great.
XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296994-what-best-graphic-card-less-than-180-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I need help with graphic card.I have a P-4 3.0 Ghz,512 MB DDR RAM,intel D915 GAVL board.I want to play games like FEAR,BF2,Elder Scroll 4 but 7900 GT is bit above my budget.I'm incline dtowards 7600 GT but i've been told that 6800 512 MB Xtreme is a better choice as it has 256 bit bus as compared to 128 bit.Now i don't know much abt this bit buses so i need an advice on this one.

Also i have a 350W power supply,will this be ok for 7600 GT.

A:New Graphic card

Number 1 - For a card like that, you need a good quality 500watt PSU.

Number 2 - Are we talking PCI-Express slot or AGP slot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card.486825/
Relevancy 46.44%

I got my laptop with Windows 10. Later I booted it up and installed Windows 8.1. It has 8gbRAM, and a 2gb Nvidia 940M graphic card but still all the games like Assassin Creed 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 are running very slow. It is really annoying. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/On-graphic-card/td-p/5596528
Relevancy 46.44%

I've been targeting the Radeon 7870 GHz edition and saving up for a while. But with the new R9 270x releasing, I'm not sure which to go with. The 7870 may go out of stock if I wait too long and I'm not quite sure If I should buy the 7870 now or wait until the R9 270x goes down price if it ever does. Keep in mind I'm on 200 bucks or below budget

A:Should I buy the new amd graphic card?

Why stop there, save more money and wait for this one, who knows what the price will be

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100361SR Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 Video Card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/307561-should-i-buy-new-amd-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have intel GMA x3100...my ram is 4GB and there is no option such as northbridge in BIOS to increase shared memory..how do I increase it?

you dont need too , that chip shares the video ram "dynamically" if it needs more it will use more (up to a max of 384MB) <<< approximately from memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/79563-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My budget is Pak Rs. 30000/- ( USD 291.26). I want to build a PC. Please someone suggest me the specs of such a computer.
Core i3 preferred. Your advice would be of great help for me. Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

ATI Radeon HD 6450
Nvidia Geforce 220GT
Nvidia Geforce G210
ATI Radeon HD 3800
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

A:What is the best graphic card from below?

Welcome to the forums SNG, You can compare GPU's here http://www.hwcompare.com/category/gpu-comparisons/

This gives you a hierarchy chart http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-graphic-card-from-below.1059108/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have Pavilion seria 500-306nd descop pc i wannt too upgrade graphic card from geforce gtx 745 to 1070 and i was wondering if i must change power suply for new grapic card.I cant find any spec about my power sup so can u guys give me some advice ???Sry my bad eng its not my native language and thank you for help in advance 

Hi, Yes, there is no info on HP sites or third party sites referencing your PC's power supply. You will have to open the tower to check the existing power supply specs. The 1070 requires a minimum 500 watt power supply. I doubt your system shipped with a 500 watt power supply. It is also possible a 1070 card will not fit in your system. The 1070 requires 10.5 inches in length and a double slot. If the 180 watt power supply is a laptop (external) power supply you may not be able to install an internal power supply. Jay  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-graphic-card/td-p/5694443
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I need a graphics card for my system, but i am not sure what will be compactable for my system.

Heres my system spec

Asrock P4VM890 Motherboard
550Watt Enermax PSU
Pent 4 3.2 Prescott CPU
1 GB Ram

Currently have onboard video, which is rubbish for gaming, i dont have lot of money so i was thinking about something like Asus ATI Radeon X1050 or the Asus ATI Radeon X1550 but i dont want to waste money and find out that they wont work, as i have already bought one and its not working and causes the system to not boot up its was a Connect 3D ATI Radeon X300

Thanks for any help!

Aaron

A:Need a graphic card

Decent board with Socket 478, DirectX 7 integrated VIA graphics, and a PCI-Express slot.
And PCI Express video card should work... but drivers can be a problem.
You have to disable the video graphics in the device manager, sometimes, when you install a new video graphics card. Then install new drivers using the disc that came with the card, or by downloading new drivers from the video graphics card manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-graphic-card.74924/
Relevancy 46.44%

Well since my stock graphics card is card help Graphic pretty bad I m looking to update to a better one Now I m just learning about computers and looking in my manual it says Slots One APG V x x slot Three bit PCI bus slots support v v PCI bus interface So basically I m wondering does this mean I can support both a APG and a PCI graphics card or are they the same thing Also I see MB MB etc what re the differences in them really Finally I m looking at these two graphics cards and I m trying to learn if my computer is compatable for either http www newegg com Graphic card help Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Anything you guys would recommend would be cool too but my price range isn t too high as I m only buying this to play CS Source a few other shooters Say - Finally for a second time my computer specs AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz DDR Ram VIA S G Unichrome IGP MB memory approx As I side note my computer runs CS horribly basiclly being so choppy and I can t play Thanks to anyone who replys and if there s anymore info you need just Graphic card help ask nbsp

A:Graphic card help

Those cards you're looking at are PCI-Express. You're motherboard only supports AGP and PCI(competely different interface from PCI-E). A few good cards in you're price range that would run Source flawlessly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102492 $169.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150157 $114.99

Value Card, with good performance for what you're looking for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133013 $84.99

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-help.495086/
Relevancy 46.44%

i got 2 graphics cards

nvidia alladin tnt2 16mb

and ati radeon 7000 64mb

this radeon cost me $50!

andnot sure bout the otherone it was onboard

would the nvidia one work faster than ati??

A:which graphic card should i use..

Hi Deathdealer:

The Radeon has 64 MB, compared to the 16 MB of the Nvidia, so your Radeon would be a better card.

Hope that helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-should-i-use.160749/
Relevancy 46.44%

I plan on getting Sims Double Deluxe along with the University Expansion pack I already know my computer can Graphic Card??? t run Sims Double Deluxe because I need a better video card I can run the university alone but I m not sure about the whole expansion pack because on that site can you run it doesn t have University expansion I need to know what type of video card is compatiable with my pc Also if I ll need anything else CPU Minimum GHz processor You Have Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz PASS CPU Speed Minimum GHz You Have GHz Performance Rated at GHz PASS RAM Minimum MB You Have MB PASS OS Minimum Windows Vista XP ME You Have Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition build -bit PASS Video Card Minimum A T amp L-capable video card with at least MB of video RAM ATI Radeon series or better NVIDIA GeForce series GeForce GTS and better You Have Intel R G Express Chipset FamilyE - FC B ame Upgrade Suggested Unfortunately your Video Card does not meet this requirement Click here to see some recommendations Features Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Video RAM MB MB D Yes Yes Hardware Graphic Card??? T amp L Yes No DirectX version Minimum c You Have PASS Sound Card Minimum Yes You Have Realtek High Definition Audio PASS Free Disk Space Minimum GB total for all three games You Have GB Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build vista ldr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GN AA-ABA SR WM BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Graphic Card??? Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Graphic Card??? Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A C amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor HP w Wide LCD Monitor Driver Name igdumd dll Driver Version English DDI Version Ex Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF- - AA C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A C Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps AEDC D D- - E-AAB -B FA AF Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech FieldAdaptive A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch AEDC D D- - E-AAB -B FA AF Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech FieldAdaptive A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch AEDC D D- - E-AAB -B FA AF Format In Out YV YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY VideoProcess AlphaBlend Deinterl... Read more

A:Graphic Card???

What kind of motherboard do you have? Compatible graphics cards will depend mainly on your motherboard, and your CPU seems powerful enough to handle a mid-range graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card.945760/