Windows Support Forum

My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

Q: My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey everyone I have an odd one So this is slightly different from my last post for I have figured As Administrator for Access function CMD.exe Run giving Denied out half of my issue from the last time How come if I right-click a BAT file as a standard user and select Run As Admin the script runs but says Access Denied in the CMD window CMD exe and BAT file has Everyone with Full Control and ownership I have tried doing the shortcut method and checking Run As Administrator option and that gives the same error I went into the registry and disabled the UAC just in case with no luck Is there a Run As Administrator function for CMD.exe giving Access Denied security setting that I have overlooked that would cause that BAT file to not run Any help you guys can give is appreciated greatly EDIT - As a test I logged in as an administrator on the machine and the script launches fine without elevation or prompting as well if I tell it to Run As Admin So now I am lost lol

A:Run As Administrator function for CMD.exe giving Access Denied

What is the batch file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/276359-run-administrator-function-cmd-exe-giving-access-denied.html
Relevancy 77.4%

During the install process I am receiving a couple of different errors.

1st - When it is backing up registry files, it was not able to back-up the registry key or the registry value for HKCR/.DVR-MS (5: Access is denied). I had the option to ignore and chose it. It was then able to complete the registry back-up and create a restore point.

2nd - It goes through the installation of the files and was over half-way completed when the setup wizard closed and gave me a SP2 Setup Error message (Access is denied). The program then deleted all of the installed files and reloaded the back-up files.

I went to msconfig / restart and disabled many of the startup programs and even installed pc bug fix but nothing had helped

Any ideas?

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Following a recent Windows Update Windows Firewall on my Windows system was disabled Upon denied BFE Windows access Firewall be cannot started, and attempting to start the firewall through the services msc dialog I receive an error code informing that Windows Firewall and BFE cannot be started, access denied the dependency service or group failed to start After doing some googling to attempt to resolve the issue I found the dependency service the Base Filtering Engine BFE was not active When attempting to start the BFE service I am stopped with an error indicating that access is denied I am unable to figure out why access to the BFE service should be denied since this account is the only account on the computer and has administrator privileges Because of these issues with the firewall I am unable to access the internet and am creating this thread through a separate laptop computer In a potentially related issue Windows is not quot activated quot though I had activated it approximately a year earlier Because of this I am unable to access my Microsoft Office programs I believe that I am unable to activate windows due to a lack of internet connectivity caused by the above firewall issue Any help would be appreciated My next step is to take the computer into a nearby service depot and pay the requisite charges Thank you

A:Windows Firewall and BFE cannot be started, access denied

hello and welcome to eightforums ,don't know if I have the correct answer,i think you might have picked of a some virus or malware and not a problem with windows updates , [if I turn my firewall off I can still get on the internet ],and the activation should not have changed ,so I think you have a bigger issue . good luck
first try calling Microsoft and doing the activation ,to find the number in your country ,type of past this into a command prompt or Run . slui.exe 4

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/53441-windows-firewall-bfe-cannot-started-access-denied.html
Relevancy 73.96%

As per title, please help? It says Error 5: Access is denied when i try to run it from services.msc, i even opened up services.msc as administrator, same result, any advice please?

thank you

EDIT: cant get internet, running on static IP now

A:DHCP Client cannot be started, Error 5: Access is Denied

Read here: Error 5: Access is denied. when you try to start the DHCP Client service

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201285-dhcp-client-cannot-started-error-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

There is something very strange going on with my Vista installation. Its been running fine for over a year, now I am getting access denied messages on many of my directories. When I install a new app, i can't access the directory on the computer.

My user acc is part of the administrators group. As far as I can tell, all the affected directories do have the administrators group added in. The computer did crash yesterday, so I did a chkdsk/f which found & fixed a load of errors.

Any ideas folks?

A:Access Denied messages everywhere

Have you ran a Full Virus scan?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288072-access-denied-messages-everywhere.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am trying to transfer all my old Windows XP based folders, files, music (itunes), pics etc etc stored on an external hard drive (buffalo mini station usb 3.0) to my new laptop that uses Windows 7. Only I am confronted time and again with these "access denied", "no permission" messages. I have adjusted security settings on some of the folders (on the external drive) to take ownership (which works) but surely you don't have to do this for every folder and all it's sub folders? This would take forever particularly on music folders as I have a lot i.e. each albumn is a folder. I just want to drag and drop my old folders from the external hard drive onto my new laptop using Explorer. I have even adjusted UAC settings down to lowest level, re-booted, but this does nothing. Any ideas anyone?

A:Access/Permissions denied messages

See this article on how to do this. Download and run the .reg file and a Take Ownership selection is added to the right click context menu. Very nice:

Take Ownership Shortcut - Windows 7

Right click on the root of the drive or the root folder the data is in then select Take Ownership. Let it complete, however long it takes. Then you should be able to copy anything you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218634-access-permissions-denied-messages.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My computer has been running extremely slow lately and freezes a lot Access messages accept Denied/Cannot I took it into Best Buy and they said I had too many background programs running I went home and stopped a lot of the programs services Thing is I think I ended an important one because now I can't do any administrative controls even though I am an administrator and there are no other accounts on this computer The messages that I get are quot The service cannot accept control messages at this time quot and quot Unable to start service The operation could not be completed Access is denied quot The one service that I was trying to restart was Apple Mobile Device because with it stopped I can't use my iPod Except I can't start it cause it's saying the quot access denied quot thing I'm really confused and not really that tech-savy I've tried looking up solutions but didn't understand any of it because of the quot tech talk quot so if anyone could help me in any way I would greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Access Denied/Cannot accept messages

It's best not to stop any services, unless you know what you are doing. First try a System Restore to a time before this happened. If that did not help,
Enable the Hidden Administrator account Log out of your user profile and log in as the Administrator. Go to Start/Search and type services.msc and press enter. Double click all the services you disabled, and set them as Automatic and Start the service If one will not allow it, go to the Dependencies tab and make sure that service is started first.
To make your computer run faster, first, don't go to Best Buy and second, click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/access-denied-cannot-accept-messages-686028.html
Relevancy 70.09%

And - the procedure entry point power determine platform role could not be located in the dynamic link library power prof.dll

I have a IBM Thinkpad running windows XP. I have Kaspersky as my virus protector.

I clicked on the yellow windows icon to do an updated and my laptop will not load any pages and I get the above mentioned error messages. Also my desktop icons are 5 times their normal size and clicking the control button and the minus or plus buttons do nothing

I did a full complete virus scan and nothing showed up.

I really need this laptop to work and hoping someone can please tell me what to do
Much obliged

Sonny

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

I am trying to setup a shared network drive over my work's network and two of the machines are giving me "Access is Denied" when I try to open them either through the explorer or as a mapped network drive.

I have looked through permissions for the folder and the users but I can't find what sets these two machines apart.

The server that is running is Windows 2003 and the machines are XP Pro.

I would really appreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-drives-giving-access-is-denied-message.667244/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi.I am using Windows 8.1 Pro.I turned on bitlocker on one of my drives to secure it.i used fast method.after the encryption process the drive became inaccessible and giving access is denied messages.I tried to turned of the bitlocker but i cant because it just vanished.i cant find it anywhere on my system(control panel etc).someone told me reinstall the windows and the drive will become accessible again, but is there anyway that not including reinstalling windows.Thanks in advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48505-after-turning-bitlocker-drive-giving-access-denied.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have had a new problem develop on Friday. Whenever I try to access my external hard drive through my user account (which is an admin account) I get a message telling me that "access is denied". The drive has worked no problems on the PC since March so seems strange that it chooses now to do this.

I've tried changing the permissions but no luck.

I've tried the takeown method using the command prompt, but when I do this I also get an error message stating access denied.

I also have a separate account at the log in screen called "administrator" - if I log in as this account then I can access the drive ..... very strange.

Can anyone help? I'm a professional photographer and my last weeks worth of work is stuck on it and I can't get working on it at all........

A:Access Denied - External HDD

Hello wrdmrn, welcome to the forum

In your case it would probably be best to save all your files to another location and format the drive before starting again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179564-access-denied-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Access Denied
Hi ,
I want to delete some files/folders from a local network shared external drive.
These files/folders are copies of the "C" drive of a discontinued Vista machine.
The external drive is accessible to a Vista Laptop on the same network.
On that laptop I created a user account with administrator privileges where the user name is equal to the owner of the difficult files.
I turned off user account control and ran RMDIR /S from a elevated cmd prompt in safe mode.
I still get access denied.
I need a way to access these files to delete them.
Frank C

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304331-access-denied-external-drive.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My external dvd/cd drive (Sony DRX S7OU W) previously worked from this computer running on Windows 7 but I now receive the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access them." The same dvd/cd drive continues to work on other computers. All other devices that I link to this port (camera, ipod) continue to function. I tried new firmware downloaded from Sony but this did not help. Suggestions?

A:Access denied to external dvd/cd drive

Hi Purplemartin,
connect to another USB port, if it does'nt work, go to Device Manager & uninstall it. Power of your pc, plug it into another port, power on your PC. If still not ok try another cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174682-access-denied-external-dvd-cd-drive.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,
I have the following problem.
I bought an external HDD (WD Elements 1TB) and used it for a while for backup purposes. I used it on several computers for saving files.
Now I discovered that a number of files are not accessible. I get a message" File access permission denied". Also, it asked me to save encription key when I used it on other pc. I never used encription, so why this message?
How can I get my files back?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Edit: 2 of my pc's have windows 8.1 and I other "had" windows 7.

A:Access denied to files on external HDD

Have you checked the permission of these files?
Right click a file/folder>properties>security tab>advanced, there you can check if you have the permission and if not get the permission.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/70122-access-denied-files-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I have the XP prob of having access denied after restoring some folders on my External HDD (NTFS)

I went through the usual solution of setting the owner to me and it worked fine, however I take this HDD to and from work and when I got home I had to set the owner to my home PC.

How do I set it so I don't have to change it every time?

Thanks.

A:Folder access denied - external hdd

I make all external drives fat32, not ntfs, alot easier for me, and I dont have
to worry about being locked out from my own data.IMHO

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/folder-access-denied-external-hdd-119295.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have multiple clients with the same issue so I m somewhat surprised that I ve searched for posts about this in vain Symptom overview I have Windows Professional based computers acting as P P file servers on systems for only, P2P server XPs randomly a Access denied file Win7 to networks with to computers When people come to work Access denied randomly to a Win7 P2P file server for XPs systems only, in the morning all of the XP professional based computers are occasionally denied access to the Win file server Rebooting the file server fixes the problem Windows Access denied randomly to a Win7 P2P file server for XPs systems only, and Vista users never have Access denied randomly to a Win7 P2P file server for XPs systems only, the problem they can always connect just fine while none of the XPs can whether they were left on all night or rebooted in the morning Once the file server system is rebooted everything works OK until a given morning down the road There has never been a problem during the day under a load its always in the morning when people come to work The systems acting as a file server do not perform automatic updates updates are done manually Windows firewall is the only firewall The number of open files and connections are always within limits with connections timely terminated etc again this only happens in the morning when people come to work A clue One network worked ok since March every computer other than the server was running XP pro I replaced one XP computer with a Windows system last week now two mornings since then access was denied the XP machines while the new Windows computer still had access rights Again rebooting the Windows system acting as the file server corrected the issue The Windows 's share settings are pretty basic Network Discovery on File and print sharing on Public folder sharing on Media streaming off bit encryption Password protected sharing off Allow windows to manage homegroup on Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Access denied randomly to a Win7 P2P file server for XPs systems only,

Hi wbruce,

Have you tried disabling the Power Management from Windows 7 computer?
Disable Power Management in Windows 7

Disable any Power saving Mode from the Network Adapter also to be found in Device Manager's Properties of the Win 7 computer acting as a File Server.

Post an update please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140583-access-denied-randomly-win7-p2p-file-server-xps-systems-only.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an internal hard drive that has two bad sectors would not allow OS to boot I have connected the SATA drive to a USB port on another computer Both have windows Vista premium OS I am trying to retrieve the files on the drive I see the drive It is partitioned into drives and I can access one of the drives but cannot access the other When I click on the drive it says access is denied Solved: drive denied external access I have gone through the property tab and have taken ownership of the drive I see names of the folders on the screen as it changes the control I have changed the control to full control there were many windows files that would not allow me to take full control Still cannot get access to the drive I tried the command prompt and also denied access I noticed when I go to the property page for this drive it lists bytes for used space free space and capacity When I look at the properties for the other partitioned drive on this disk drive there are values What should I do next nbsp

A:Solved: access denied external drive

You can try Unlocker. If no luck, having bad sectors, you could try a chkdsk /r.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-denied-external-drive.880351/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a passport ultra 1tb showing access deniedI have tried everything on here and still nothing ie take control etc...what else is there

A:WD Passport Ultra 1TB external HDD access denied

call the manufacturer of hardrive ans ask them its worth the try.Davidw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/wd-passport-ultra-1tb-external-hdd-access-denied/1797.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My issue is basically the same as some old posts and I have tried all suggestions with no luck.

I am running Win 10 recently updated with a Western Digital external T2 hdd. My explorer view sees the drive on my network, however access is denied telling me to see my administrator. WD Quick View identifies the external drive as well as data contained on it with no luck to access. I have tried different cables, connections, etc with no luck. I tried adding line in regedit to take control of hdd and sub folders with no luck. This denial is recent, probably within the past 5 days following updates installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks much --

A:Access denied to external hdd since updates installed

I really hate those "See you administrator" messages. I've found that looking in a mirror usually does no good at all. How many home users have an "administrator" other than themselves or another another (equally ignorant) family member? Having administrator privileges doesn't mean I know anything!

I gather this external drive is a NAS or a USB-connected drive since you say it appears on your network (and QuickView doesn't show much for USB-attached drives). It might help to know the exact wording of the error message. Is this problem related to invalid network credentials or something more basic - something relating to physical access?

I'm sure that people that know more will come up with better questions to ask.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65262-access-denied-external-hdd-since-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I cannot save files to my (pocket) external NTSF "Imation" USB3 harddrive.

I can create new folders on the disc
BUT cannot save files onto either the drive nor a folder on the drive.
In the past I have copied folders onto the drive (it is a backup drive)

There are two hidden folders on the drive "$RECYCLE.BIN"
"System Volume Information" (SVI)
I understand "$RECYCLE.BIN"
I suspect SVI is the problem, but all I get is "Access denied"

Can I reformat the drive (NTSF) -- I know I will loose all data -- and will that solve the problem ?

A:External pocket USB3 HD - Access denied

Hiyya Gray well mate you could go further and wipe the thing and then format it if you are not concerned with the stuff on it.

I prefer to use Partition Wizard to do both operations but you can use DISKPART if you want.

Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition. VERY useful tool to keep

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

Myself I do object to the manufacturers putting their crap on the sticks but hey beggars can't be chooser eh?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302585-external-pocket-usb3-hd-access-denied.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So, I rebooted my computer with an external hard drive connected. Upon reboot (of which I walked a away during) my computer in DOS mode said "one of your hard drives is performing inconsistently". It then went onto to scanning it then "recovering orphaned files". This went on for a long time.
It finally rebooted and I got into Windows (Vista). Now, I cannot open the external hard drive - F:/ access denied etc.
I tried changing the security setting and allowed Administrator and user and all of that, still cannot access.
I need access to this hard drive, it's got a lot of important stuff on it and all my back up files.
Someone please help me.

A:Access Denied External Hard Drive

Open your Computer and right click your External Hard Drive.
Go to Properties.
Click Security.
Click Edit under a quote "To change permissions, click Edit."
Click Add.
Type in "everyone" in the white box.
Then check in the box "Full Control".
Press OK.

right click the F properties error checking tick both boxes

also try access via safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-external-hard-drive.981580/
Relevancy 66.65%

So it denies access to my external hard drive if you dont understand image is available with this link ( c6893eac99d66bab1f347168afd05335.png ) Need Help ASAP

A:Access Denied To My External Hard Drive Why ???

Q: drive isn't your external drive - its the default drive assignment for the pre-installed Microsoft Office installation.

Post a screen capture image of your Disk Management screen here - attach it directly using the paperclip icon (see image below), not a 3rd party site please.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274085-access-denied-my-external-hard-drive-why.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an external hard drive that I can not access. I get the following message when I try.

Not accessable
Access is denied.

I know it has to do with permissions. I had the google redirecting virus which while I was trying to fix I restored the computer back to default. Which did not fix the problem. I came here and found my answers to fix that problem.

Then after windows was reloaded I can no longer get in. I have Windows 7. I tried a bunch of different settings for the permissions and it all looks OK.
If I add "Everyone" I can then get into the hard drive but I can't access any of the files.

So At this point I'm not sure what to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506051/access-denied-on-external-hard-drive/
Relevancy 66.65%

OS Windows Pro denied to Access Hard external Drive x WMC Access denied to external Hard Drive External Hard Drive Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex No external Power Required Problem I Access denied to external Hard Drive can't access my External Hard Drive See The Screenshot Below Solution Applied Drive letter changed Not Worked Also tried Properties - Security - Advanced - Owner to Everyone Not Worked Checked the HDD in another PC Windows x Not Worked I connected the HDD then I installed the quot Better-Explorer quot through that i can access my external hdd normally but If I Reboot my PC then same Problem with the quot Better-Explorer quot amp If I install The quot Better-Explorer quot Then if I connect my HDD Then from the beginning i can't access the HDD In Tune-Up Utilities Their is Disk Explorer through that I can explore my Ex HDD Drive I right clicked on my drive from Tune-up amp checked the disk for error and then repaired it Windows Error checking tool and then reboot my PC but it is still the same I will really appreciate any assistance as this is really starting to annoy me I am also not very proficient with this matters so please bare with me Thanks in advance

A:Access denied to external Hard Drive

Hello rijurocker, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You set the owner of the O: drive to Everyone, but did you also set access permissions to give "Full control" to Everyone as well?

Take Ownership of a File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 8

Permissions - Allow or Deny Access to Users and Groups in Windows 8

To make doing both easier to do:

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38015-access-denied-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, 

I just bought an HP Prodesk for the office with windows 7.  Whenever I try anything external (camera, hard drive, flipcam)
I get the same series of errors. 

First it says I don't have rights to view it and I need to click on the "security tab" to give myself access. 

Only catch, there is no security tab....(see attached photo). 

I did follow the steps here  to make sure I had the tab on and it does appear on regular
folders, just not on external drives. 
Any suggestions?  I'd love to be able to access my external files without having to turn on another computer!

THANK YOU!! 

A:Denied access to external drives (no security tab either!)

I take it these devices worked on an older computer? Can they connect to another Windows 7 PC?

It could be a case of not having up to date drivers for these devices, even though the computer is new (it does happen): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

I notice the drive in question is formatted using FAT32. You may have to go to disk management, and assign a drive letter to it manually: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/i-want-to-acess-my-fat32-usb-drive/cd9d000c-82bf-4fe0-b590-f7597c46cc9e

If those don't work, and if you're comfortable using the command prompt, you can try running the takeown command on the drives in question. In this case, try opening a command prompt by typing cmd into the search bar, right click and choose Run as administrator, then follow the steps:

takeown  /f   DriveLetter:\   /a   /r   /d y

Then, type

icacls DriveLetter:\  /t /c /grant administrators:F  System:F  everyone:F

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540479/denied-access-to-external-drives-no-security-tab-either/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm at my wits end I have a WD My passport GB hard drive that is read as bytes and RAW filesystem when I try to open it I get quot F is not accessible access is denied quot But in the Disk Management console it appears healthy and says the filesystem is NTFS I've tried everything I've ran chkdsk I've tried fixing permissions at least three times is denied) Access not (F External Hard Drive is accessable I've reset the attributes to all the files chkdsk says it didn't find any problems with it and KB in bad sectors and I don't know what else to do I can't access the drive at all I have too much important data to reformat my drive External Hard Drive (F is not accessable Access is denied) Please assist Recently my hard drive got hit with the autorun virus and it set a lot of my folders to hidden and the checkbox to undo the hidden properties was greyed out and I was unable to unhide them I removed the autorun virus and my hard drive was working fine after

A:External Hard Drive (F is not accessable Access is denied)

External Hardrives have an autorun feature and some firewall suites such as mine (outpost security suite) won't allow autorun to execute until you configure the suite to do so. Autorun virus protection is starting to find it's way in antivirus software..I don't know but you may check that, it seems you've done everything else..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179026-external-hard-drive-f-not-accessable-access-denied.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

My Laptop recently died and I have some important info on the Hard drive so I bought a 2.5" IDE external caddy enclosure for it so I could access my files. I connected it up and can access other files and folders on the hard drive.

My problem is that I cannot access the "My Documents" folder where all my important info is stored. When the hard drive was in my laptop the "My Documents" folder was set to "Keep the folder private" mode.

So now when I try to access the "My Documents" folder it says"access denied".

Does anyone know what I can do to access this folder?
Thanks for your time...

A:Access to folders denied on external Hard drive

Yours is a routine situation , there's an easy resolution.How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332254/access-to-folders-denied-on-external-hard-drive/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Just found Denied with password Access External on drive protection you guys I sent my old notebook to HP External drive Access Denied with password protection on for repair under an ADP plan and they shredded it by mistake Now I have a new bit PC Looks like a motorcycle paint job and came installed with MS Win Vista Ultimate GB RAM Core Duo CPU Ghz My problem is that if I apply any password to try and protect my data I can not access or take ownership of certain files and folders This access denied problem isn't just with My Documents or thhe document folder but files on other drives like my backed up pst file from Outlook located on drive g I have TB of external storage and I have done restore to factory settings to access the files but as soon as I apply a password I am denied access to my files and folders I have worked as a Tech Support Rep III Network Admin Assistant BA Comp Science and AAS Mech Drafting and I am now a freelance consultant I have been reading about Vista for years but have not used or suggested that any of my clients use it until MS gets the bugs out Now that it has been forced on to me I need some help I do not see how the average user could use or benefit from this OS Sure it has a lot to offer but the user needs an understanding of network server setup and account setup maintenance I have done all of the steps listed here for a resolution but even after the default Admin account is activated and logged in I only have access to all files folders until I reboot the PC Did I mention that I am using the PC with no password protection and that I can access anything on the PC that I want to As Arny says I'll be back

A:External drive Access Denied with password protection on

Hello again,
My issue is not confined to external drive access but with all files and folder access.

I have some good info on this site and on Page 2 - Finding the User Settings in Vista - Using VS which has a chart showing where files used to be stored on earlier versions of Windows and help with taking ownership that is also listed in a post or 2 on this site.

I am still not out of the woods and will be using all tutorials available.

Thank you very much. Your site is the easiest to navigate and search.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/219466-external-drive-access-denied-password-protection.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This just happened in the last week I have an external hard drive applied Attribute external, Only Read to cmd = my denied' 'access where I keep all my data Suddenly I am now unable to save move delete etc I am administrator as well as owner of the Read Only Attribute applied to my external, cmd = 'access denied' files that are being affected everything on my external I do not know how or why this read only attribute got applied to my J drive but I have tried everything that I've read in your forum and I dont know what else to do Why would the computer apply read only to an external It wasn't there last week I've never had this problem I first tried the windows route to change permissions and such failed then i used the elevated command prompt and attrib variations that should have corrected the situation failed The last thing I got before i was forced to quit trying for the moment is when i applied the attrib cmds to all subfiles and folders at first it Read Only Attribute applied to my external, cmd = 'access denied' said something about hidden files so i placed the -H in front and suddenly the screen was filling with all of the file on the external but saying that it could not access the files bottom line is that i got down as far as i've been able to figure out by reading the posts here and the last thing that happened was that it finally was able to get to the files but came back with quot access denied quot on every file and folderl Can anyone think of why this could happen to an external and if there is some way to repair it I have already tried copy paste into another location yet still the read only square is there Please help Thank you

A:Read Only Attribute applied to my external, cmd = 'access denied'

Hello PhoenixRising1, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if you are able to access the external drive after taking ownership of it and its content.

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392697-read-only-attribute-applied-my-external-cmd-access-denied.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all I have a Denied/Need format new to Access [SOLVED] pc. external Drive on huge problem I builded a new pc with win ultimate before that I had winxp I copied all most important files to my gb buffalo external hd which at this point still works on xp but when I start my new pc with this drive error msg pops up that I'd have to format my drive before use which would be a sin to do when I try to access it error msg pops up that quot access is denied quot I tried a few things going to properties security advanced owner and permissions which always changes the permissions ownership to all of my files but after its complete [SOLVED] Access Denied/Need to format external Drive on new pc. it utterly fails to complete the task yet I've tried another method by running cmd in administrators mode with such commands as quot takeown f g quot cmd [SOLVED] Access Denied/Need to format external Drive on new pc. gave me a message of success but even after restart it still failed me once more Please if theres any other way than buying borrowing another drive to copy my files suggest it here appreciate [SOLVED] Access Denied/Need to format external Drive on new pc. your time

A:[SOLVED] Access Denied/Need to format external Drive on new pc.

Hi -

Activate the Hidden Administrator user account - Hidden Admin Account - sysnative.com - MVP

Try file access with that account.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-need-to-format-external-drive-on-new-pc-548736.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My laptop died on me after along battle to keep it alive, it was an XP OS. I have taken the Hard Drive out and installed it it a caddy which I have hooked to a new laptop. The new laptop is running Windows 7 which I have no experience of and whilst it recognises the drive I can't access the files on it due to permissions.

I understand that I need to change the file permissions as they are locked out by the user priviledges from the old XP account but I have no idea how to do this and, more importantly, if it's actually true!!

HELP!

A:External XP drive recognized but access denied in Windows 7

Have you tried resetting the owner on all the folders/files?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-xp-drive-recognized-but-access-denied-in-windows-7.152935/
Relevancy 65.79%

Can somebody please help , I recently run window washer like I have done plenty of times without a problem then I tried to gain access to my Sumo
500 GB External hard drive and a box with a red X popped up saying not accessible access is denied , I have tried everything within my limited knowledge of pcs IE system restore , checking the drivers and security settings everything is telling me the hard drive is working but I canít gain access to it , I can gain access through safe mode but as you all well know having to go into safe mode every time I use my pc is not very practical .
I am running Vista home premium with Norton 360 antivirus and addware.and my entire backup is on the sumo PLEASE HELP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sumo-external-hard-drive-denied-access.869412/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys I have this annoying problem that just external Denied on Access accessing hdd folders/files in showed up recently since I've changed upgraded laptops the past week I can't seem to access or rather run the files on certain folders for my portable drive I've already changed permissions and made myself Access Denied in accessing folders/files on external hdd owner for the files but it seems it won't accept it and it's giving me off an error still saying that access is denied I've searched high and low on how to solve this but nothing seems to work - I tried the registry trick to quot Take Ownership quot and it didn't work - Also tried various advanced security Access Denied in accessing folders/files on external hdd settings to allow deny etc No dice Last option would be to reformat my portable drive Access Denied in accessing folders/files on external hdd and then just recover the emails again will the permissions ownership reset if I try to format the drive Since deleting them is out of the option since I don't have quot permission quot for those folders files Anybody else experienced this problem

A:Access Denied in accessing folders/files on external hdd

Can you provide a screenshot of Disk Management with the external/portable drive active please? Also, what is the make/model of you laptop and the portable drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31061-access-denied-accessing-folders-files-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This just happened in the last week I have an external external, cmd = Attribute denied' applied to my 'access Only Read hard drive where I keep all my data Suddenly I am now unable to save move delete etc I am administrator as well as owner of the files that are Read Only Attribute applied to my external, cmd = 'access denied' being affected everything on my external I do not know how or why this read only attribute got applied to my J drive but I have tried everything that I've read in your forum and I dont know what else to do Why would the computer apply read only to an external It wasn't there last week I've never had this problem I first tried the windows route to change permissions and such failed then i used the elevated command prompt and attrib variations that should have corrected the situation failed The last thing I got before i was forced to quit trying for the moment is when i applied the attrib cmds to all subfiles and folders at first it said something about hidden files so i placed the -H in front and suddenly the screen was filling with all of the file on the external but saying that it could not access the files bottom line is that i got down as far as i've been able to figure out by reading the posts here and the last thing that happened was that it finally was able to get to the files but came back with quot access denied quot on every file and folderl Can anyone think of why this could happen to an external and if there is some way to repair it I have already tried copy paste into another location yet still the read only square is there Please help Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392697-read-only-attribute-applied-my-external-cmd-access-denied.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I use on drive is Access message external denied hard error an external hard drive to transfer files between my laptop and desktop and i ve recently been having some issues I put some files on Access is denied error message on external hard drive the drive from the desktop and tried to open them and it said quot Cannot open file access is denied quot and asked if someone else was using the file or if the drive was write protected Neither is true So I plugged the drive back in to see what the issue was and it was fine I rebooted both PCs and turned the hard drive off and on and all of a sudden I couldn t open the files from the laptop on the desktop and couldn t open some of the desktop files on even the desktop I ve done my research and I think I know the problem When I go to Tools- gt Folder Options- gt View tab I scroll down to where the quot Use simple file sharing Recommended quot check box is missing I m the administrator and only user of the computer so I have no idea why it s there Thanks in advance for any replies nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-is-denied-error-message-on-external-hard-drive.620956/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi... I have a Maxtor 500 G external hdrive attached to my Acer Aspire 5315 Laptop running Vista Home Basic.. I get an ACCESS DENIED message now when trying to access it . I used to be able to access it on the laptop. I recently restored my laptop back to factory settings tho have done the windows updates. I can access it in safe mode on the laptop just not normal windows mode? I can access the External drive from my PC running XP home. The usb ports are all fine on the laptop so it isn't that. I just don't know what else could be the problem :( Help please?

Thank you
Leanne aka Silver^Rose

A:[SOLVED] access denied to external hard drive on acer laptop

Hi. . .

Did you by any chance install the software that came with it?

I have found that most external drives of this type (I have one just like it) install backup sodtware that is incompatable with Vista. This woiuld be one reason why it works in SAFEMODE and on your XP system.

I simply do not install the software and just copy files over.

Either un-install that software or perform a system resore using a restore point prior to the install of the software.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-external-hard-drive-on-acer-laptop-276240.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My PC has been running Vista for some years
I recently installed "Windows Mobile Device Center" from Microsoft.

Some of my folders now have a small blue arrow and report "Access is denied"
I used to be able to access them OK prior to WMDC install

Typically folder
C:\Documents and Settings
but many others also.

I have un-installed WMDC
Also I have always had UAC off and I am administrator status.

But the problem persists...

Help!!!!!!
Thanks
Jim

A:"Access is denied" has started to appear

If you give me a moment, I will get tutorials on ownerhip and permissions.
They will show you how to give yourself permission and it you cant give permission how to give ownership first.
Take Ownership of file

For Vista and 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rmissions.html

If this does not work, I have another suggestion

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282698-access-denied-has-started-appear.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Access DENIED to VIEW ,COPY OR MOVE pictures on an external hard drive
Im having access problems copying ,editing and viewing my photos on my external hard drive ,it says i dont have the correct permissions to access the file .and the file belong to an unknown user account ,i am using an administrator account ,how can i have access to this files ?

THE problem started since i was using windows 7 ,now im using windows 8 ,the problem is still there!!

Please help me ,its been two years im trying to solve this problem.

Here is the link to the additional pictures showing all the problems

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3381541016883.2168211.1220177281&type=1&l=160799ee13

im using HP530 ,2g RAM ,windows 8

the external HD is a samsung model HD103SI ,1TB

A:Access DENIED to VIEW ,COPY OR MOVE pictures on an external hard drive

Right click on the ext drive then go to Properties.
Under Security tab Click Edit
Select the User Account that you want to have access. Usually looks like Test (Test-PC\Test)
Make Sure to put check on Full Control under Allow and NOTHING is checked under Deny
Click Apply and then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-view-copy-or-move-pictures-on-an-external-hard-drive.1096561/
Relevancy 63.64%

The folders on my external hard disk are not visible. I followed Cottonball's suggestion from one of the threads on using Roguekiller to eliminate the virus. I downloaded RogueKiller and scanned my disk. After that i deleted the malware it detected.

Subsequently, I also tried the following command:

attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d F:\*.*

After doing all of this still i am unable to access system volume information. I guess The virus persists. any help to fix this issue will be highly appreciated.

A:External disk -folders not visible -access denied system volume info

Hello zoyana Welcome to the Seven Forums!

If you had a spare hard drive to back files upto the live and harder manual method would allow you to use a live Linux disk in order to copy and paste files over to the second drive and then simply nuke the external to insure it was totally bug free seeing an entirely new volume created in it's place. That would still require tunning a thorough bug sweep over the rescues files to insure none had been recoded by the malware however.

For using the other guy's OS for a project like this I can point you to an older thread showing to make a live data recovery flash drive with ubuntu at the time seen at Using the "Other OS" For a USB Rescue Device?

Presently Linux Mint or Linux Mint Debian would the slightly larger but preferred distro. Knoppix Live on dvd only is also one of the others for this providing the partition information is intact. If the partition table is toast due to corruption then other options like disk recovery program would then be needed to restore the partition(s) on the drive itself.

A fast test would be going into the Disk Management tool however found under Adminstrative tools/Computer management/Storage and right clicking on the effected volume to use the change drive letter option. That will show if the volume is able to be remounted in Windows without problems.

If that fails then the live method for data recovery would be an option to consider since the distro is not able to be infected by the malware itself. But the security sweep over all files recovered would still be the advice given.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304173-external-disk-folders-not-visible-access-denied-system-volume-info.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Greetings,

I have seen this at multiple workplaces. It goes like this:

1) Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office are included on dedicated VDIs and terminal servers/RDS

2) Everything works fine, users are able to open documents without any problems from local server drives as well as mapped network drives and e-mail attachments

3) After some time, the problem starts:

- Users are unable to open Microsoft Office-type files from network drives or e-mail attachments and receive an error that the computer may be out of memory or out of diskspace (even though it clearly isn't!)
- Users are unable to open PDF files getting an access denied message from Adobe Reader

Solution? Completely disable Protected Mode in MSO programs and also in Adobe Reader.

MSO:

Adobe Reader:

Can someone tell me why this spontaneously breaks and just happens? What solution did you apply?

https://hardforum.com/threads/terminal-server-rds-adobe-reader-and-mso-protected-mode-out-of-memory-access-denied-messages.1916424/
Relevancy 62.78%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- started PC genuine OS notice. OEM me just giving Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -JKHXW-D W -FJQKD Windows Product Key Hash AYaBykmfTHUVW whGaYMeVJn U Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID ABF -F - E - BB - PC just started giving me genuine notice. OEM OS A E ED C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt ABF -F - E - BB - A E ED C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -FJQKD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt CTO lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt H ET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP-H lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Process... Read more

A:PC just started giving me genuine notice. OEM OS

This was most likely due to a recent update that was bad.

Download the update in the link below and reboot:
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355143-pc-just-started-giving-me-genuine-notice-oem-os.html
Relevancy 61.92%

--------------------------- Microsoft Plus --------------------------- You must accept the End User License Agreement to use Microsoft Plus for Windows XP --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I get the above error message when I click on the exe of Microsoft Plus and it does not start Its installation CD an Microsoft is being Win for started! giving on XP Plus! [solved] error s setup exe file has got corrupted and therefore I can t reinstall it Also that few days ago it was working very fine until I installed Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition which is till date working very fine Now I m also unable to select the screensavers which are part of the Microsoft Plus software like Plus Aquarium etc amp on selecting the same I get the same error message as above As such I m facing a lot of problem as the screensavers [solved] Microsoft Plus! for Win XP is giving an error on being started! games and other utilities in this software are based on [solved] Microsoft Plus! for Win XP is giving an error on being started! D Graphics which work well on my system But someone Please help me soon to get rid of the above problem PLEASE SOON THANKS nbsp

A:[solved] Microsoft Plus! for Win XP is giving an error on being started!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-plus-for-win-xp-is-giving-an-error-on-being-started.225834/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Guys

I have been starting to make voice overs for my videos recently using a Turtle Beach x11 headset and everything has been working ok. Suddenly whenever I start recording I get this like popping sound (like when you pop your ears) lasts for about 1-2 seconds and I dont know how to get rid of it. It also happens when recording with my inbuilt laptop mic.

Any Ideas?

A:Laptop Mic Giving Noise of when recording started

Oh and I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/188584-laptop-mic-giving-noise-when-recording-started.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My daughter's laptop was hit by a virus (I think) which seems to have overwritten the boot sector and / or the partition table. I can't even re-install XP pro because the XP cd doesn't detect a hard drive. If I connect this "faulty" drive to another notebook all the data seems intact BUT:

Scanning it with Bitdefender does not detect any malware and all the folders are accessible except the C:\documents and settings\"her personal folder".

This folder returns "access denied" whatever password I use.

Can anyone give me an idea as to how to access this folder before I reformat and reinstall XP?

thanks and regards

A:External USB drive folder "access denied" after virus??

To take ownership of a folder, follow these steps:Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties
Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message (if one appears).
Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
In the Name list, click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group. If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
You do not have permission to read the contents of directory <folder name>. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?

All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes

Note <folder name> is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of.
Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.

Now see if the folder is accessible.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/external-usb-drive-folder-access-denied-after-virus-381278.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have some problem with my external harddrive.
I use Windows 7 home premium 64bit.

Normally, I can use my external harddrive with my laptop perfectly.
But I dont know why few days ago I cannot access to my harddrive anymore and it shows
"E:\ is not accessible.
Access is denied"

Then I've tried a lot ways by searching from the internet but I cannot find the way to fix this problem.

I really want to bring my data out from this drive because it contain a lot of my important data.

does anyone know how to fix this problem, I really want your help.

Many thanks in advance
Peet

A:"E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied" issue with my external hdd

Oh, finally I fixed it already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146998-e-not-accessible-access-denied-issue-my-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My laptop stopped booting You can read about it here http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -autochk-error-c -bsod-recovery html I ve reached a dead end on on trying to *now* "Access on hard external Denied" drive restore the OS so I took the hard drive out of my Gateway Laptop which was running Windows XP Media Center "Access Denied" on *now* external hard drive Edition and placed in an external enclosure so I can access it via USB from a "Access Denied" on *now* external hard drive computer that will boot I booted another notebook running XP Home into safemode so I could take ownership of the Administrator folder in Documents and Settings via the security tab as described in this Microsoft Help and Support article here http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us Now I can see the documents in the Administrator profile but I can not access or copy them Also when I open My Music I can see all the folders for individual artists but when I try to open the folder I get the quot Access Denied quot message that I got before I took ownership "Access Denied" on *now* external hard drive of the Administrator folder What s worse I can t use the security tab to take ownership of those files and folders in My Documents because everything is greyed out Help nbsp

A:"Access Denied" on *now* external hard drive

Sounds like you may have taken ownership of the folders, but not the contents of the folders or subfolders. Go back to the ownership page and be sure to check the box about all child objects. Being grayed out means that that file's permissions are inherited from a superfolder, so you need to change them there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-on-now-external-hard-drive.716557/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an external drive (2Tb, Toshiba, USB3) which I wiped (formatted and created new volume on). I run Win7Pro64. The drive seemed to be working fine, until I rebooted, Then I got "Access denied" when I wanted to explore its contents. When I then tried to give the drive another label (in this case from M:\ to N:\) it again worked. Also when switching back to M:\ worked. However, when I reboot, I again get "Access denied".

In safe mode, the drive seems to work fine.

Any clue as to why this is? Any help is greatly appreciated - this is driving me nuts.

Thanks!

A:External drive gives "Access denied" on reboot.

Okay, so I found the solution to this myself after some struggling. My computer is an HP which comes with its own security software. It turns out the default setting is to not allow USB devices. Good to know for others who might be struggling with their HP desktops...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359454-external-drive-gives-access-denied-reboot.html
Relevancy 58.48%

win 7 security keeps giving me messages before i can get on a web page and every time i go to a new page.
I did a search but cant find the same problem as i have so here goes:
The issue was getting so annoying that i went into settings and changed a few items from "prompt" to disable.
Now i dont have the original problem of security because of the changes i have made but i am concerned because
i get a message that says "your current security settings put your computer at risk"
But if i go back to where i had it then i will get this security message at every single time i change to a different web page and
even on the same web page every time i go to another place on the same web page i get this securit message.
can someone help me out please
Thanks

A:win 7 security keeps giving me messages before i can get on a web page

Hi,
You could review the link about my signature and post some screen shots of the original message,
Please undo what ever changes you've made,
Post which browser your using as well and your current and passed antivirus programs

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/346036-win-7-security-keeps-giving-me-messages-before-i-can-get-web-page.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I ve been having prblems with IE for months I m currently using Maxthon but I prefer IE But It s too frustrating I m at my wits end Help I finally found my Error Log it was way too long to include so heres the most recent Monday November Applicatio n Error Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module browseui dll version fault address x Monday November Applicatio n Error Faulting application setup exe version faulting module setup exe version fault address x a Monday November Applicatio n Error Faulting application setup exe version faulting module setup exe version fault address x a Monday November Applicatio n Error Faulting application drwtsn exe version faulting module dbghelp dll version fault address x d Monday November Applicatio n Error Faulting application setup exe version faulting module setup exe version fault address x a Monday November Applicatio n Error Fault bucket Sunday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application helpctr exe version faulting module mshtmled dll version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application keeps me crashing and Error Messages giving IE iexplore exe version faulting module browseui dll version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module browseui dll version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error IE keeps crashing and giving me Error Messages Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module webdlg dll version fault address x f Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address xaa f IE keeps crashing and giving me Error Messages Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x ca e Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application drwtsn exe version faulting module dbghelp dll version fault address x d Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x d f d Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x dccfc Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x d fa Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x c e b Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x ca Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x c f Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x ef Monday December Applicatio n Error Fault bucket Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x aeda Monday December Applicatio n Error Fault bucket Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x d e Monday December Applicatio n Error Fault bucket Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module version fault address x Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x f Monday December Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x d a If... Read more

A:IE keeps crashing and giving me Error Messages

Hi jstaring...
I'm not entirely sure exactly what could be causing those errors...Knowing Windows, it could be anything. I do have a couple of suggestions, however.

1) http://www.gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/Download.asp <-- this is the homepage of a truly fantastic replacement for Windows Explorer, (file management) which in my experience is a lot more stable as well...You might want to check it out, as it is also a lot more configurable than the standard Explorer as well.

2) Unless you need Internet Explorer for something specific, I can't encourage you strongly enough to go and download Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ It's faster, more stable, and a whole lot more secure than IE, and in 98% of cases reads Web pages equally well. It is also extremely extensible, with support for advanced download management, RSS feeds directly from bookmarks, and a number of other great things.

If you still need Internet Explorer (a corporate intranet which has DirectX, for example) about the only thing I can suggest is reinstalling Windows. There are just too many possible problems with Windows and IE to be able to have any idea as to what is causing the problem. If you can though, get the two programs mentioned above. I think you will find them tremendously helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-keeps-crashing-and-giving-me-error-messages.304980/
Relevancy 58.48%

Win 7
Toshiba Qosmio x500
When i plug in an external pen drive or hdd to any of the USB Ports. a box opens & says 
" Location is not Available, F:/ is Not Accessible, Access is Denied"
I can view its icon in My Comp. but when i double click, error occurs.
This started happening all of a sudden. It was working fine until yesterday.
Plz help.  :'( 
Bobbina....

A:Any External Hard drive shows " Location is not Available, F:/ is Not Accessible, Access is Denied", this Error is shown all USB ports.

Hi Vincent,
Thanks for your input.
My problem has been solved.
1 chap from another forum suggested it may have been a fault with my AntiVirus.
He made me check the client policy for USB Auto On/Off for external drive scanning.
he suggested me some changes, & now all my usb external drives work... :)
Yayyy..!!!
Thanks all of you.
Regards.
Bobbina..x
(P.s.: hope the problem does not pop-up again...)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0ca68d31-68ed-4bce-a4c5-3590b49b56a9/any-external-hard-drive-shows-quot-location-is-not-available-f-is-not-accessible-access-is?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.05%

I just bought a cd-burner by Pacific Digital. It is an 8x8x32. I get these error messages when trying to write,
MEDIUM ERROR. Ihave no clue what this means. I also get this error message, DATA BUFFER UNDER-RUN. PLEASE WRITE AT A LOWER WRITING SPEED, But every other writing speed except for 2x gives me this error. I am trying to copy playstation games for my brother he gives me one of his games and I copy it for him incase he breaks the original. Whenever I try to copy the game CD to CD it doesn't work. Please help me out with this problem it is very annoying and can really make a person mad.

Relevancy 58.05%

i m not sure exactly what it is though i think it may be zlob but here s my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon virus error messages fake giving exe C WINDOWS system virus giving fake error messages services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files hp center Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUALL EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local O - Toolbar amp hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Security Toolbar - A AE -FBED- -A BF- AF - C WINDOWS system cwttfsei dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run PreloadApp c hp drivers printers photosmart hphprld exe c hp drivers printers photosmart setup exe -d O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run DDCM quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe quot -Background O - HKLM Run DDCActiveMenu quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC ActiveMenu DDCActiveMenu exe quot -boot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz c PROGRA NORTON Cfgwiz exe R O - HKLM Run NAV Agent c PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run USB C WINDOWS system usb exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - DEFAULT User Startup AutoPlay exe User Default user O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup hp center UI lnk C Program Files hp center Shadow ShadowBar exe O - Global Startup hp center lnk C Program Files hp center Program BackWeb- exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Privoxy lnk C Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exe O - Extra ... Read more

A:virus giving fake error messages

Welcome to TSG

Download Combofix and save it to your desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-giving-fake-error-messages.640794/
Relevancy 58.05%

I can't believe that I am getting error messages that cause the screen to refresh itself and lose my tooltray items.

Please see the attached file that has all the infomation on it.

Thank you all in advance!

A:New install on SSD is giving me Explorer error messages

That is very normal if explorer.exe crashes and automatically restarts.
Please do in Elevated Command Prompt

Code:
sfc/scannow
Post results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350781-new-install-ssd-giving-me-explorer-error-messages.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have Windows Update set to install updates automatically, and yet for the past few months I have continually been receiving messages from the Action Centre telling me to "Change Windows Update Settings." Once I click on 'Allow Windows to update automatically', the red balloon on the flag disappears and everything is okay for a couple of days. Then the message from the Action Center returns. Is there any way of fixing this problem?
Florio

A:Action Centrer giving unnecessary messages...

This may be caused by some kind of tweaking utility 'optimising' your system - do you run any such tool?

It could also be caused if there is malware on the system.

Please download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free version) from http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ - UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM PRO' at the end of the installation - and update it, then run a full scan in your main account, and Quick scans in any other user accounts.

Delete everything it finds

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/321428-action-centrer-giving-unnecessary-messages.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm using WEBROOT Secure Anywhere and have just started receiving messages in the Windows 10 action center stating that my antivirus and windows defender are both turned off. When I check I can clearly see that WEBROOT is turned ON. I went to the WEBROOT community and can see that many Windows 10 users have suddenly started to receive this message. Anyone here seeing something similar with their AV software? Any ideas how to stop these annoying messages?

A:Windows 10 Giving Bogus Anitvirus Turned Off Messages

Yes, I've been getting this for a few days now. I have posted about this probably on anther thread. Just seen yours!

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/42840-windows-10-giving-bogus-anitvirus-turned-off-messages.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My three-year old genuine OEM Windows 7 began giving me "counterfeit" messages a few days ago. I can still use Windows, but it occasionally nags me to enter the license key. I tried to do so with a copy of the key that I noted three years ago when I got the laptop in the UK, but it did not accept it. Also, as I have not seen the "counterfeit" messages before, so I do not know if they are legitimate from Microsoft, or symptom of a virus. The messages began after someone in a laptop maintenance place pulled the battery when it was switched on but unplugged. After that incident CHKDSK appeared to need to fix quite a few issues on the HD. Those HD fixes *might* have caused Windows to forget its licence key, though it seems improbable. 

A:Genuine Windows 7 starts giving "counterfeit" messages

Hello, 

Lets start by running the following programme. 
  MGADiag
Please download MGADiag and save the file to your Desktop.
Double-click the MGADiag icon on your Desktop.
Click .
Click .
Press the Windows Key  + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type Notepad and click OK.
Click Edit followed by Paste in Notepad.
Replace the numbers & letters with 'x's in the line beginning with Windows Product Key (to hide your Product Key from the public). 
Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549228/genuine-windows-7-starts-giving-counterfeit-messages/
Relevancy 57.19%

My three-year old genuine OEM Windows began giving me counterfeit messages a few days ago I can still use Windows but it starts Windows Genuine "counterfeit" 7 messages giving occasionally nags me to enter the license key I tried to do so with a copy of the key that I noted three years ago when I got the laptop in the UK but Genuine Windows 7 starts giving "counterfeit" messages it did not accept it Also as I have not seen the counterfeit messages before so I did not know if they are legitimate from Microsoft or malware So I posted on the malware forum and after doing the various tests malware has been ruled out as a cause here The messages began after someone in a laptop maintenance place pulled the battery when it was switched on but unplugged After that incident CHKDSK appeared to need to fix quite a few issues on the HD Those HD fixes might have caused Windows to forget its licence key though it seems improbable Here is the MGAdiag log Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - -xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx Windows Product Key Hash wgci Gdejx esg zTOe LWF Windows Product ID xxxxx-OEM-xxxxxxx-xxxxx Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID FAEC- - C - - E ABAAF FD Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error T - Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt FAEC- - C - - E ABAAF FD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt CTO lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt DET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major minor gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt CE D FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP- D lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows reg Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows reg OEM SLP channel Activation ID e f -a fa- b - fd-f e da Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Pro... Read more

A:Genuine Windows 7 starts giving "counterfeit" messages

Are your updates turned off.
I've had several clients call me with a similar issue and it was due to having Windows Updates turned off, leaving me with the impression that MSC REALLY doesn't like to have that "in and out door" closed on them, so they terrorize users with that "Not Genuine" notification.
On the other hand, if your updates are turned on, then I have no idea what's causing it but you might be able to fix it by opening a command window as administrator and copying and pasting in the following text,
sfc /scannow
then hit enter.
Job will take around 20 minutes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549497/genuine-windows-7-starts-giving-counterfeit-messages/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,
I have a Toshiba USB flash drive. I have a problem when I using it on a win2000 sysem. It keeps poping up a warnning message saying I removed the drive. And then "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)". But it is just a standard drive so that does not make sense. Other USB drives have the same issue. I can sometimes get them to work for a bit before this happens. It is almost like I removed it. It also will just do this at random. It is working pops up the warning, then not, wait a few minutes and it is working and conencted again. I tried another ports and same issue. Other USB devices work fine though. The drives in question work fine on another machine.

Any ideas?

-GM

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey,

Is there any free website or program or anything which can generate a cellphone number for me so I can give it out and receive text messages on my computer, without having to give out my real cell number? Giving out an email address wont work for this, it needs to be a cell number. Thanks for the help

A:Receive text messages without giving out cell phone number

Hey greenpopsicles

SMS Toolbar for Firefox

Through the SMS Toolbar you will now be able to send your text messages quickly, easily and uncomplicatedly. World-wide transmission, your personal telephone book and many additional useful features will be available to you.

not really sure if there are any further applications that do this

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/receive-text-messages-without-giving-out-cell-phone-number-239884.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm guessing what's wrong with my comp will show up here but anyone that can help I appreciate it I've been getting error messages and warnings from McAfee about HUPs whatever they are Thanks ChristianLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass messages HUPs? Started about getting exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform Started getting messages about HUPs? VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeC Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exec program files mcafee com agent mcagent exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC hijackthis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeopleR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXEO - HKLM Run VAIO Recovery C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery PartSeal exeO - HKLM Run SonyPowerCfg C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeO - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exeO - HKLM Run VAIO Update quot C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe quot StationaryO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com age... Read more

A:Started getting messages about HUPs?

Hello c214 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any problems in the HijackThis log. It is clean.

The only thing I have ever heard concerning HUP's deal with Home Use Products meaning that if allowed a company can give a license to an employee under certain circumstances to use company software at home. If you received your McAfee software from the company you work for then you will need to talk to them about the licensing issue. If you purchased the software yourself then you will need to contact McAfee and work it out with them.

Cheers.

OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30418/started-getting-messages-about-hups/
Relevancy 55.9%

Every time I start the service from Services I always get this error Windows could not start the Base Filtering Engine service on Local computer Error Access is denied I tried this code Reg Query quot HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services BFE quot gt amp notepad and this is the outcome Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services BFE DisplayName REG SZ Base Filtering Engine Group REG SZ NetworkProvider ImagePath REG EXPAND SZ systemroot system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Description REG SZ SystemRoot system bfe dll - ObjectName REG SZ NT AUTHORITY LocalService ErrorControl REG DWORD x Start REG Filtering Acess is 5: Engine denied Error started. not could be Base DWORD x Type REG DWORD x DependOnService REG MULTI SZ RpcSs ServiceSidType REG DWORD x RequiredPrivileges REG MULTI SZ SeAuditPrivilege FailureActions REG BINARY C D E HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services BFE Parameters I already uninstalled McAfee before and used McAfee removal tool MCPR exe By the way my anvtivirus is ESET Smart Security What can I do Thanks for any advice

A:Base Filtering Engine could not be started. Error 5: Acess is denied

How to restore Base Filtering Engine manually?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/350396-base-filtering-engine-could-not-started-error-5-acess-denied.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everyone, my computer has been being rather naughty lately, it has been shutting down on about 5 minutes or so after start up it has happened before, I did a restore disk reboot and that had seemed to work until yesterday, I managed to get it working again yesterday under pure luck. I don't know what to do so please help out if you can
Here's details:

If you need anything else let me know, Thanks.

A:My Computer randomly shutting down and giving off Blue Screen

Hi Mikimoo.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
If both the scans are clean, test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

If it does not show any errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
BugCheck A, {2218, 2, 1, fffff80002af1784}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!MiDispatchFault+454 )

Followup: MachineOwner
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88001122ec8, fffff88002b40eb0, 0}

Probably caused by : fltmgr.sys ( fltmgr!FltpLinkCompletionNodeToInstance+48 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 4E, {7, 8, 9, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
look at dumps again

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316594-my-computer-randomly-shutting-down-giving-off-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have had this same email for around years and even though it's a silly embarrassing name in terms of me hotmail [SOLVED] randomly stopped giving Why mail? has my reliability it has been impeccable as far as I can recall All of a sudden tonight it decided to stop sending me emails which I knew I was to receive Replies from [SOLVED] Why has my hotmail randomly stopped giving me mail? other forums as well as the sign up activation mail for this forum and another both were not received after waiting over minutes with still nothing and of course I checked the junk mail I tried to send an email to myself from my same hotmail and nothing I also tried sending several form other mails and still nothing After awhile I was getting one or two reply notifications from different forums come through but now I cannot trust it I have no idea what is getting through and what isn't as when I got those replies I did another self email check [SOLVED] Why has my hotmail randomly stopped giving me mail? and still nothing Any idea what is going on here I even checked another hotmail account to send something to that one and it worked fine so I am rather puzzled by this I will probs slowly migrate to another account as I have planned to do so for a long time and so this will probably be the motivating factor however I have many many internet accounts tied to that hotmail address so I may be getting important mails and losing them randomly and have no idea Could there be something more sinister going on such as someone intercepting the mails such that they don't get through or am I just being paranoid there Is that likely or not so much That or some virus

A:[SOLVED] Why has my hotmail randomly stopped giving me mail?

Hmm not a moment after I made this post I checked it again and a couple of the mails I sent myself seems to have come through plus another one which I know would have been sent earlier. The clog in the pipe seems to be slowly unblocking...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-why-has-my-hotmail-randomly-stopped-giving-me-mail-521297.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell Dimension Intel Pentium running Windows XP nbsp sp been access lsass.exe Denied granted but has those to requested process Access a rights an object, has not access and have been getting tons of junk mail I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights ran Avast malware bytes amp spybot Nothing found So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer I m not as savvy as I d like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights I shouldn t have First I tried system restore to go back to a later date but it wouldn t let me no mater which date I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights tried Then I followed a suggestion regarding the registries HUGE mistake Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up Then a box pops up saying lsass exe access denied a proccess has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights When I click ok It restarts The Dell logo pops up then the Windows XP logo and then the access denied again Ive tried to start in last known good configuration Safe mode System restore But i keep ending back in the loop So I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I ve been reading through threads for information I don t have any of the original software for this cop I purchased it used a few years ago But I purchased a Knoppix and system rescue from same CO amp CDs off eBay Windows XP bit amp bit as I wasn t sure which was the one I might need But the were being sold as disks for this type of problem But when I put the bit in I changed the boot order first that that it could even be able to load but it said to use the bit disk So I tried the but nothing happened at all I m stumped Can anyone help me

A:lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights

Windows XP has reached end of life 2 years ago... It is an insecure Operating System and should no longer be used especially online.
The Dimension 2400 is weak hardware (Pentium 4 Processor, IDE hard drive, DDR RAM) from 2003! so 13 years old! Its not worthwhile running a modern Operating System on it and below minimum system requirements.
If on a budget you are best to buy a second hand OptiPlex 780 with a Windows 7 OEM license (which can be used for a free Windows 10 upgrade).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19680716
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Maxtor Personal Storage external hard drive which is a couple months old I used to only use it on my laptop never had a problem with it Then I didn t use it for a few months and when I dug it up again and used it on a desktop computer it would sometimes stop working after using it for half an hour or so and sometimes I had to plug it in again and again for it to start working but it worked Now whenever I plug it on my computer it doesn t do a thing windows tells me it can t recognize it So I thought it was the computer and I plugged it in on another desktop computer It goes perfect for about three hours then I turn it off and on again an hour later and it s giving me the same problem it gave me on my other computer Right now giving External HD me trouble it External HD giving me trouble s plugged in on my laptop it seems to be working alright and I m getting the most important files off of it So is there something wrong with either of the computers or the hard drive External HD giving me trouble itself that I can maybe fix myself or should I send it in and make use of its year warranty nbsp

A:External HD giving me trouble

If its doing it on two different computers then I'd think it'd be the unit itself. Call their tech support and see if they'll warranty it. Maxtor drives haven't been well the last several months.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hd-giving-me-trouble.520903/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have a Dell laptop with an i5 cpu 4 gb ram,running windows 10. Im Using Malawarebytes (paid version) and free avg version.
All has been fine until last week the pc started running painfully slow with many program hanging and reporting they are not responding. Start up is slow, as is launching Firefox, outlook etc.
I have not installed any new programs recently.
Avg and malawarebytes scans have not reveiled anything.
I find I am having to restart the pc a couple of times a day. Occasionly the pc has stopped and restarted itself.
Any Advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

A:laptop has started hanging, not responding messages, restarting

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602187/laptop-has-started-hanging-not-responding-messages-restarting/
Relevancy 54.61%

My system specs Operating system Windows boot, messages, mysterious now crashes. error with Started dll then -bit Build System manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC System Model K CA BIOS K Started with dll error messages, then boot, now mysterious crashes. CA Processor Intel reg Core i - u CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM The first time I noticed trouble was Thursday As I was searching for someone on Facebook Firefox would crash If I reloaded Firefox Started with dll error messages, then boot, now mysterious crashes. and went to Facebook to do the same it would crash again I don t remember every event after Started with dll error messages, then boot, now mysterious crashes. this but I then encountered problems where I would try to open any program even windows explorer and I would get popup messages saying something about dll error or something about not having a valid image I thought I was infected at this point so I ran avast free virus scan after only a few minutes in it said it had found about infected files I then clicked on the statistics button in avast and the entire thing froze up Then my computer froze up so I had to force it to shutdown by holding down the power I had to do this a few times before I was able to finally get in and run avast again The thing is this time it did a complete scan and said it found ZERO infected files Why would it say it found some initially freeze up only to find none the next time I Thought I was out of the woods so I bought the full version of avast to better protect myself in the future Only to later find I was still having these dll error messages pop up I later began experiencing a blue screen that said something about my computer having problems and that it did not shut down properly the blue screen led to my computer running some kind of scan to repair Over the next few days I ran malwarebytes avast cccleaner combofix I know I did this before reading this site Still no serious improvement I was able to do a system restore yesterday Last night when I went to shutdown my computer it would almost shut down only to force a restart This process was never ending I tried to uncheck the fast start option still no solution I ended up updating some qualcomm driver which then allowed my computer to fully shutdown Thinking all might be well I woke up this morning to turn on my computer When I turned it on and logged in the screen was flashing There were no desktop icons or desktop background just a blank background with the taskbar showing and constantly blinking on and off I was able to start task manager an d saw that Malwarebytes was using a lot of resources so I forced it to end and the blinking stopped and I was able to restart and log in normally I don t understand why these scanners are finding no infections and yet I continue to have these problems

A:Started with dll error messages, then boot, now mysterious crashes.

Sorry, forgot to include the error message code I got when experiencing the blue screen. Here is the error I was given: 0xc000021a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521267/started-with-dll-error-messages-then-boot-now-mysterious-crashes/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an External USB It was a GPT Disk I turned it to an mbr disk and created a NTFS Primary Partition and problems started Ok it is there then in the middle of the copy it is not Or it is there but the copy process gets stucked Sometimes format is possible sometimes not Before this conversion from GPT to MBR the drive was full So if I have a drive like this having problems with how can make it work healthy again that is if I can Do I write it with zeros Do i format it with external software Do I format with from command prompt Do I format it to fat and ntfs What ways can return my drive to the healthy way of working before I converted it By the way I checked and changed the plug and USB Cable and tried different ports When I connect the drive I see the warning of quot This drive can work faster if you (not) gpt to errors mbr External giving USB conversion] [after connect it to a USB port quot I can see the drive in the quot Safely Remove Drive Section quot with its name But I can't see the drive in Windows Explorer or in Disk Management What the heck Thanks

A:External USB (not) giving errors [after gpt to mbr conversion]

In linux, dmesg | tail result is

Code:
dmesg | tail
[ 79.655616] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] 3906963456 512-byte logical blocks: (2.00 TB/1.81 TiB)
[ 79.656111] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
[ 79.656113] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 47 00 10 08
[ 79.656115] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
[ 79.657359] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
[ 79.657362] sdc: sdc1
[ 79.679245] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
[ 79.679249] sd 6:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI disk
[ 79.737267] ses 6:0:0:1: Attached Enclosure device
[ 404.122944] usb 2-1.3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 11

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/249418-external-usb-not-giving-errors-after-gpt-mbr-conversion.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Yesterday my pc decided to reboot itself for no apparent reason times in a row It was then fine today until a few minutes ago when it did it again It itself PC started randomly rebooting has just switches off as if someone has ripped the PC has started randomly rebooting itself plug out of the wall then immediately boots up again I've checked all the cables and its all clean and tidy inside Every time it crashed there are system errors in the event viewer showing Event ID from the service control manager telling me services have failed to start This happens for Ustorage server service and OMSCAN I also have Event ID from Source MrxSmb saying that my housemates' computer made a server request but these are at other times and dont seem to coincide with the random rebooting I've done scans with up-to-date Mcafee AV AdAware AVG Spybot and Regcleaner but they all came up clear I'm also running Zonealarm Pro Firewall The only thing that i think it could be is Windows Live Messenger because it has been running every time my pc has crashed I'm not sure though because it ran fine for over an hour today with messenger Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Chris

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-has-started-randomly-rebooting-itself-122387.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop was running just fine and the randomly last night it began to start giving me the BSOD.

A:Randomly started getting BSOD

You are getting network issues but the driver can't be identified, please enable Driver Verifier by following these instructions.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Before enabling Driver Verifier can you please create a restore point because verifier can sometimes stop the system booting, even in safe mode.

System Restore Point - Create

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff880015136fd}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1d )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329657-randomly-started-getting-bsod.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'd like to put a .cmd file in my c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup directory, but \Documents and Settings has a lock on it and tells me "Access denied" when I click on it. Is this a job for "Take Ownership" or is there another way? The instructions for "Take Ownership" say not to use it on the C drive, but it's not clear if that applies to the whole drive, or individual files/folders on it. Thanks.

A:"Access denied:" How to overcome denied access to a folder

That is the incorrect path. No need to mess with permissions, I'd advise leaving them alone.

The path you are looking for is C:\Users\<your user account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/166832-access-denied-how-overcome-denied-access-folder.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an external hard drive 120G where I put most of my files, graphics, pictures and documents. I just discovered that it refused to open and the documents are inaccessible this drive contained a lot of my saved works especially pictures as I am into photography and I can not afford to these valuable files.Kindly assist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-hard-drive-is-giving-i-o-error.987525/
Relevancy 53.75%

x86
Originally was Vista
FullRetail
Installed about 12 months
Laptop about 3 years old

I'm sorry I can't be any clearer, it's not giving me any errors, just crashing into BSOD.
I can't read crash dumps, Thank you so much for your help!

P.S. I recently installed f.lux

A:My computer started to randomly BSOD

Can someone please help me? Thank you very very much!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194099-my-computer-started-randomly-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I am new here and was looking for some help I am and do not have a large knowledge base of fixing software issues with computers I assembled a system back in August of and it has run without issues since a month ago It now freezes randomly without any rhyme or reason When it freezes static is also played through the speakers In order to recover my system I have to turn off the power supply even the hdd reset button wont work The only thing that shows in the event viewer is that the quot audit has been lost in transit quot and 7 started randomly Windows freezes, that quot Microsoft antimalware has stopped working quot Like I said no hardware changes were made I can provide a list of drivers events from the event viewer and ram information As far as I know all my hardware is kosher and the powersupply is more than capable of powering my system I have rmaed my motherboard once and Windows 7 freezes, started randomly it came back with no issues EDIT antivirus scan-done malwarebytes-done memtest -done whole system temp besides grafx card is below c clean boot-done psu came through with flying colors no oc except factory on graphics card harddrive comes through fine I still have to test safe mode I ran it in safe mode Windows 7 freezes, started randomly once for a few minutes then i rebooted of my own accord EDIT System Specs System Manufacturer Model Number Custom built by me OS Windows bit CPU Core i Motherboard EVGA P SLI Memory G SKILL DDR FC GB Graphics Card GALAXY GTX SUPER OC Sound Card none Monitor s Displays eMachines in display Update your System Spec PSU Corsair hx Case NZXT M Cooling Air Hard Drives Seagate Barracudda gig system drive Two laptop harddrives EDIT After doing multiple things I have still not resolved this issue Please help me with this I am very frustrated Thank You

A:Windows 7 freezes, started randomly

The first thing I would do is run an anti virus scan
Then
Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes.

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148172-windows-7-freezes-started-randomly.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Nevermind...
Apparently uninstalling Apple Application Support and Apple Software Update crashes 7MC... I uninstalled Quicktime and reinstalled it (which reinstalls all 3) and that solved the issue...

This thread can be closed now...

A:7MC Randomly started crashing two days ago...

Quote: Originally Posted by RolandHazoto

It only crashes when I am navicatinc to it, if I right-click on something and tell it to play in MC, MC doesn't crash while playing...
Here's the event log:
BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-02-21T10:25:46.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1371</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>X-X</Computer>

<Security />

</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>ehshell.exe</Data>

<Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>

<Data>4a5bccdc</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>55cbbe79</Data>

</EventData>
</Event>

Hi RH

Event ID 1000 source 100 can be caused by DEP. DEP or data execution prevention is used to prevent applications (or virus) from launching in protected memory space. It is located in the system control panel>advanced>advanced>performance>DEP. The normal default setting is for essential windows applications. If it isnt set to that change it. If it is set to the you can use these DEP - Enable or Disable - Vista Forums to disable it. See if that works
Let us know if you need help
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65393-7mc-randomly-started-crashing-two-days-ago.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an old Dell Dimension just started randomly computer rebooting w WinXP ghz processor and gigs ram All things considered computer just started randomly rebooting the computer was computer just started randomly rebooting been running fine I haven t added removed any hardware or software recently but while listening to iTunes and browsing via Firefox the thing rebooted was fine for minutes before rebooting and now this seems to be a habit uptime has been anywhere from minutes to hr The PS fan is running and doesn t appear hot stressed or overworked The memory has been fine for some time I suspected some months ago that one module was bad faulty but I took it out this evening and still got the random rebooting When I checked the Event Viewer I noticed that every time it crashed there was the same error Event Type ErrorEvent Source Service Control ManagerEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser N AComputer Description The Print Spooler service depends on the LexBce Server service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it There are no s or s in the Device Manager fwiw I ve tried Google but to no avail I don t have a printer and don t need one so if deleting all printer-related drivers would help I can definitely do that if needed But I don t know what a Print Spooler service is nor a LexBce Server service etc Any ideas Edit I ve also run AdAware amp Spybot and removed whatever popped up though SpyBot found some stuff it was apparently unable to remove Either way the descriptions of them seemed relatively benign some data tracker stuff and so forth -- nothing that seemed like it would force re-starts randomly Maybe I m wrong though and mal spyware is to blame still I m not sure

A:computer just started randomly rebooting

I'd suspect overheatinghttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173297/computer-just-started-randomly-rebooting/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I got my first BSOD on the th of this month I just started up my PC it gave me the BSOD I restarted and it didn't happen again and everything was fine until today I went to work got home and noticed my computer was loading things on my browser very slowly I did a restart and got a BSOD I ran the repair recommended by Windows and it didn't do anything helpful After it restarted from there I didn't get the BSOD but my internet speed seemed to be running very oddly BSOD started now randomly consistent. I was on a Skype call and it was just fine however loading websites took way too long and BSOD started randomly now consistent. when I tried to download BSOD started randomly now consistent. files it was really slow MB files said would take hours Anyway after a few more restarts BSOD started randomly now consistent. I finally started to get the BSOD after I was loaded into my profile for about a minute I am currently booted into safe mode with no problems so far I ran bluescreenview and it said ntoskrnl exe was the driver causing the problems but I read that that is a default driver However the blue screens I received after loading into my profile came up with HIDCLASS SYS as the error I saw that it could be caused by USB or bluetooth driver I just find this whole thing odd because I had one BSOD on startup on the th then nothing all the way until today and now the new BSODs that are coming up after I load into my profile Add the slow browser internet and I have no idea what's going on Sorry for the novel I just wanted to be as descriptive as possible I was planning on just re-installing Windows but I thought I'd throw this up here in case there was an easier fix you folks found Thank you

A:BSOD started randomly now consistent.

Please disable driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable. Do not enable it until you are requested to.

Security App

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.
Update and make full scans with both separately.

Scan your system with the following:

Kaspersky TDSSKiller - How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)

ESET online scanner - One-time virus scanner free with ESET online scanner

Start up

Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.
Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

Hard Drive/Storage

Post disk summary using CrystalDiskInfo software: CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

For errors on your Hard drive(s): How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

System Temperature

Ensure that there are no heat issues, For monitoring heat of the system use Speccy or HWMonitor

Memtest86+

Run Memtest86+ for at least 8-10 passes. It may take up to 20 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+

Note
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial in order to rule the faulty RAM stick out.

Tip
Do this test overnight.

SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption:

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type Command Prompt
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294267-bsod-started-randomly-now-consistent.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer randomly started to BSOD.
first I had clock_watchdog_timeout error whenever I open my browser
next I start having DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Two thing happened before the BSOD started:
I used one of my ram sticks in another computer for testing
I installed Visual Studio 2013 and XNA

cpu is OC at 4.4ghz and gpu also OC which was completely stable until recently.

A:BSOD started randomly to occur.

Hi Scorp200,

I have analyzed your dump file and I am posting below the list of your 3rd party drivers which you must find updates for.

Code:
**************************Sun Jun 22 20:33:43.627 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 18:59:37 2008 (488B26C1)
LGBusEnum.sys Tue Nov 24 07:06:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
LGVirHid.sys Tue Nov 24 07:06:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 03:44:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
speedfan.sys Sun Dec 30 02:29:35 2012 (50DF59B7)
RTCore64.sys Mon Mar 11 11:02:06 2013 (513D6C56)
e1i63x64.sys Wed Mar 20 13:07:29 2013 (51496739)
ladfGSCamd64.sys Tue Apr 16 00:09:12 2013 (516C4950)
ladfGSRamd64.sys Tue Apr 16 00:09:15 2013 (516C4953)
LGSHidFilt.Sys Thu May 30 20:46:33 2013 (51A76D51)
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Sat Jul 27 07:56:58 2013 (51F32FF2)
SRTSPX64.SYS Sat Jul 27 08:15:06 2013 (51F33432)
Ironx64.SYS Tue Jul 30 06:29:35 2013 (51F70FF7)
SYMDS64.SYS Wed Jul 31 04:59:08 2013 (51F84C44)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
usb80236.sys Thu Aug 22 17:08:16 2013 (5215F828)
dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 17:10:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
EX64.SYS Fri Aug 23 02:06:51 2013 (52167663)
ENG64.SYS Fri Aug 23 02:08:20 2013 (521676BC)
eudskacs.sys Wed Sep 4 08:44:03 2013 (5226A57B)
eubakup.sys Wed Sep 4 08:44:10 2013 (5226A582)
EUBKMON.sys Wed Sep 4 08:44:32 2013 (5226A598)
EuFdDisk.sys Wed Sep 4 08:44:38 2013 (5226A59E)
ccSetx64.sys Tue Sep 24 09:28:04 2013 (52410DCC)
nvhda64v.sys Thu Nov 28 19:08:09 2013 (52974741)
RNDISMP6.SYS Fri Dec 20 12:47:20 2013 (52B3EF00)
ssudbus.sys Thu Jan 2 15:21:22 2014 (52C5369A)
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Feb 11 04:34:55 2014 (52F95B17)
SYMNETS.SYS Thu Feb 13 16:55:14 2014 (52FCAB9A)
SYMEFA64.SYS Fri Feb 28 05:02:07 2014 (530FCAF7)
IDSvia64.sys Wed Mar 5 10:00:47 2014 (5316A877)
eeCtrl64.sys Thu Mar 20 22:00:59 2014 (532B17C3)
EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys Thu Mar 20 22:00:59 2014 (532B17C3)
nvvad64v.sys Fri Mar 28 19:02:06 2014 (533579D6)
BHDrvx64.sys Tue May 6 12:34:20 2014 (53688974)
Hamdrv.sys Tue May 13 17:58:59 2014 (5372100B)
NvStreamKms.sys Thu May 22 22:13:14 2014 (537E2922)
xb1usb.sys Tue May 27 13:43:13 2014 (53844919)
nvlddmkm.sys Fri Jun 13 05:48:13 2014 (539A4345)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WinRing0x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGVirHid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTCore64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e1i63x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ladfGSCamd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ladfGSRamd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGSHidFilt.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SRTSPX64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Ironx64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMDS64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
usb80236.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=EX64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ENG64.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=eudsk... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48525-bsod-started-randomly-occur.html
Relevancy 53.75%

BSOD just started randomly occurring on my 4 year old Lenovo B575 running windows 7 64bit. Attached is the .zip file.
Thanking you in advance for any help you would provide,
Dave

Last error message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8003F60038
BCP3: 00000000B6000000
BCP4: 0000000000010015
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032215-47143-01.dmp
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-111057-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD just started randomly occurring

You are receiving a Stop 124 which usually means a hardware problem. All your dumps are the same and point to chrome.exe, but I doubt thats the real issue.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800402d1d8, b6000000, 10015}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

Processing initial command '!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck'
1: kd> !analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800402d1d8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b6000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010015, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Try troubleshooting through the steps in the threads below. Report back with the results. Read all directions very carefully and perform every step exactly as stated. If you have questions, feel free to ask

BSOD chrome.exe bugcheck 124 repeatingly.

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364913-bsod-just-started-randomly-occurring.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Since installing Windows I have been having sporadic problems with access denied Examples follow Access Denied Denied ...Permission PIMEX is a Personal Information Manager that I have been using through several generations of Windows When I first converted to Windows this program worked with no problems Now however when I try to open the program I get the message quot PIMEX database could not be opened Error message permission denied quot If I use the Control Panel to uninstall the program and then reinstall the program I am able to open it normally and work with it and use all functions Once I close the program however Access Denied ...Permission Denied and try to open it again I once again get permission denied PaperPort is a program that manages scanned images The program can scan either photos or text documents If text is selected the program creates a PDF file that the user names These scanned files are then stored in PaperPort folders When I try to display one of these files PaperPort invokes PDF Viewer Plus included with the package and I get the message access denied If I try to use the Windows Reader to display the file I get a quot Sorry can't display this file message quot Likewise I cannot display the file using Adobe software I have a HP Photosmart Premium printer which also is a scanner If I use the HP Solution Center to scan a text document I am able to scan the file without problems but when I try to Finish and write the file to my hard drive I have the same permissions problem I cannot write the file These are three examples of related problems I have been experiencing I would appreciate any help in resolving these problems I have looked at samples of access denied on this Forum and have tried several approached including Taking Ownership with no success

A:Access Denied ...Permission Denied

Try running the programs as administrator or try to change the compatibility settings and run it for a previous known working windows edition. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17701-access-denied-permission-denied.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I have a desktop PC which is about years old and I upgraded it to Windows as soon as it was available from retail version of Windows home I have had no randomly started freezing month Windows 10 last has the in problems since the upgrade until very recently However in the last month or so Windows has started freezing randomly after about - minutes use There is no Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month obvious pattern of use which triggers the freeze and it's rather odd It's not a BSOD it's just that it all becomes unresponsive and greyed Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month out the mouse cursor still moves CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work nor anything else other than holding down the power button until the PC switches off I'm no expert so please let me Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month know what the best way is to diagnose and fix what is going on I have run the program memtest as well as avast and malwarebytes but they have all come up clean I suspect it has something to do with the windows updates installed around March as I think it was fine before then KB and or KB specifically which I can't uninstall from windows update Does that seem plausible And if so how can I fix it Thanks for your help Happy to provide any info which might be useful I have attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip file in case it helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609234/windows-10-has-started-randomly-freezing-in-the-last-month/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Guys - This was the first system I built on my own about months ago and it worked great until a couple weeks ago Upon running Bioshock game demo no idea if related system seized not system does boot started seizing, now randomly i e system started randomly seizing, now does not boot image still on screen but no response movement from mouse keyboard ctrl-alt-del and reset button I could cut power system started randomly seizing, now does not boot and start up again and system would run for a while but then the seizing happened during other applications e g surfing When booting up after seizing startup would load to motherboard BIOS settings menu with a message that an attempt to overclock had failed sorry I don t have the exact wording - I had not changed any settings and had not overclocked anything intentionally at least After about six instances of seizing and restarting usually the next day it now does not boot at all - turning on power activates processor fan power lights and usb card lights but no clicking or other indication of doing anything Before dying I managed to uninstall game and updated Windows and utilities without effect Any ideas what s going on or how to approach Intel E MSI P Platinum WD Caviar SE WD JS GB SATA A-Data x PC EVGA GT W power Windows XP Thanks nbsp

A:system started randomly seizing, now does not boot

I can't see the problem clear there, but I suspect the motherboard battery is dried/flat/hwtever. It looked like big watch battery.

Try to check it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-started-randomly-seizing-now-does-not-boot.649169/
Relevancy 52.89%

recently within the last 4 days or so i have been getting BSOD errors occuring about twice a day at random intervals. I have not recently changed any hardware this just started occuring out of the blue (no pun intended).
It appears it is probably a driver conflict or irq, but could use some help.
i have included the dump files and relevant data

A:BSOD randomly started happening, no hardware changes

Security Software (this is just to check that you have security software installed and it is working properly; nothing needs to be done about this at this time):
Code:
mcagent.exe c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe 2796 8 200 1380 3/25/2012 7:20 AM 11.0.644.0 1.60 MB (1,675,160 bytes) 12/22/2011 7:37 AM

Possible out of date drivers:
Code:
PROCEXP113 fffff880`0c749000 fffff880`0c751000 Mon Nov 03 14:19:45 2008 (490f6af1) 00008fd1 PROCEXP113.SYS
Rt64win7 fffff880`06fcd000 fffff880`06fff000 Thu Feb 26 02:04:13 2009 (49a65b0d) 000361a5 Rt64win7.sys
RTKVHD64 fffff880`09204000 fffff880`093b0900 Fri May 22 12:04:20 2009 (4a16e924) 001b57b6 RTKVHD64.sys
PROCEXP113.SYS
Rt64win7.sys under Download -> Windows 7 64-Bit -> LAN
RTKVHD64.sys under Download -> Windows 7 64-Bit -> AUDIO

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\Snipzors\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\031812-69139-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Sun Mar 18 13:37:40.616 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:07.520
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff88001411b2d}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1d )

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001411b2d, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000390c100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1d
fffff880`01411b2d 448b5228 mov r10d,dword ptr [rdx+28h]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: System

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800c5ce660 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800c5ce660)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8800c5ce880 rbx=00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221035-bsod-randomly-started-happening-no-hardware-changes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This started happening completely randomly so I configured minidump, left the computer open overnight to see if I would get one and I did. I updated the drivers of the gpu (nvidia) but I still got one last night when I was afk.

A:BSOD started happening randomly a week ago.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {fffffa80, 2, 0, fffff88009cbc081}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for gt72ubus.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for gt72ubus.sys
Probably caused by : gt72ubus.sys ( gt72ubus+c081 )

---------

6: kd> lmvm gt72ubus
start end module name
fffff880`09cb0000 fffff880`09cc8000 gt72ubus T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: gt72ubus.sys
Image path: gt72ubus.sys
Image name: gt72ubus.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 09 22:23:29 2007 (470B6BB9)
CheckSum: 0001627B
ImageSize: 00018000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update the Globetrotter USB stick driver here:
CloudGate Downloads | Option

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346613-bsod-started-happening-randomly-week-ago.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Today get the parts to build my own computer, ive set everything up (put it all together) and connected all the wires in to the correct sockets (read the manuels on what goes where).

When i started it up after about 30secs while trying to install the OS it shutsdown.
the

PSU is 800W, this is more then enough right?

Heres a list of the parts:
CORSAIR 2X2GB DDR3
GEFORCE GTX 280
INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600
CREATIVE XTREME MUSIC
800WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC TWELVE HUNDRED ULTIMATE
SAMSUNG 22X DVD+/-R/RW/RAM SATA

Im not sure if its a overheat or lack of power, or even if it is any of them.

Furthermore when i installed the CPU and closed the housing it seemed a bit...tight :S a bit to tight in all fairness.

Please help me, i have no idea =[

Thanks,
Renny

A:Just Built Computer - When started up, shuts down randomly

I have the same processor. Did you use the stock CPU heatsink/fan assembly? The one with plastic pins sticking through the motherboard? Did you use thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU? Try resetting the CMOS on the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-built-computer-when-started-up-shuts-down-randomly.115814/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is The Memory dump from one of them I hope someone can tell me what is going on this is Frustrating Microsoft R Windows Debugger Randomly in Office 5 Started Computers the Crashing Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win sp ldr - Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x da e 5 Computers Started Randomly Crashing in the Office Debug session time Wed Jul UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list kd gt analyze Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck DF e ceb fcabf fcabf Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IMPERSONATING WORKER THREAD df A workitem forgot to disable impersonation before it completed Arguments Arg e ceb Worker Routine that caused this bugcheck Arg fcabf Parameter passed to this worker routine Arg fcabf Pointer to the Workitem Arg Debugging Details ------------------ DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xDF PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from cd to d c STACK TEXT e bbf cd df e ceb fcabf nt KeBugCheckEx x e e bc e b a dc nt ExpWorkerThread x e bc d c cd fe nt PspSystemThreadStartup x e nt KiThreadStartup x STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID xDF ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE BUCKET ID xDF ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:5 Computers Started Randomly Crashing in the Office

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398181-5-computers-started-randomly-crashing-office.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have windows 10 on a desktop. Within the last few days things just started randomly opening on my computer while im using it. From volume settings moving up and down, to system settings page opening (nothing get selected it just pops up), to the Action Center popping open. Have I been hacked/do i have a trojan? Malwarebytes hasn't popped on anything and neither has Securtiy Essentials (or whatever the native antivirus on windows 10 is called.)

A:Things just started randomly opening on my computer.

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595772/things-just-started-randomly-opening-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey folks x64 randomly Backup failing started Vista I've had that automatic file backup thing enabled for a few months now Yesterday it was scheduled to do one It errored with the following The latest backup Backup randomly started failing Vista x64 set can not be found Make sure it is accessible and it has not been deleted Otherwise create a new full backup set x A It's backing up to a Linux server using SMB for user-access shares pLAN -Server Users Wil File Backup Nothing has been changed regarding any networking or permission settings on either comp mine or the server and I can and have been able to absolutely access that folder with read and write permissions - it's kinda f'd up Like I have GB of data in that backup I'd sure hope this wouldn't happen if I really needed it say to restore my files from a disk failure Backup randomly started failing Vista x64 or something Every last backup has completed succesfully at least the event viewer says so as well as the backup utility itself It's an incremental backup so I'd like to be able to get it working - like i said GB is a lot of data to copy over a network and I kinda don't want to have to do that again Any ideads Is Windows just dropping the ball again here or is there something that could be done

A:Backup randomly started failing Vista x64

nothing really? no ones ever had this happen before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/backup-randomly-started-failing-vista-x64-432689.html
Relevancy 52.46%

This is my first post I read through the post labeled D is not accessible Incorrect function and did everything people suggested there but I am still having the same problem except mine is a little different I don t know if it is a hardware or software or driver or what internal My not error accessible giving me G&F:\is external message & burner are the problem is My external and internal burner have error G burner in the computer amp F external burner is not accessible Incorrect function My other internal player works though My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible It plays music but I can t view pictures I have an external burner hooked up thru a USB port and I have a cd dvd burner on my computer Both drives are giving my the same error message I don t know what to do I have tried different usb ports plugged the external burner into different ones I tried buying a different usb cord for the burner nope I have tried different cds and dvds different brands and types I have tried support microsoft com fixit website which helped a lot I couldn t even play music until I used that website Now I can at least play music I just can t burn anything btw that website is awesome for a lot of things I have tried unistalling Roxio because someone said that might be my problem Nope I have tried updating my drivers I have tried going to device manager and seeing if there is any exclamation points but they say everything is working properly lol I don t know what else to do or what the problem could be because it is happening on both and internal and external burner I thought I might have to replace my internal burner but now I don t think that is the problem at all BTW I have a Sony Vaio PCV- with a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD R and a Samsung CD-Rom SC- C And I have been to all three of their websites looking for driver updates or firmware or something to help and have downloaded everything they had and nothing has fixed my problem I am running XP Pro I am completely out of ideas Please help me I really don t have the money to spend and get my computer fixed and I don t think that would fix it because it is having trouble with the external one too Any help would be sooooo appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible

See CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters to see if it might help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internal-external-burner-are-giving-me-error-message-g-f-is-not-accessible.147023/
Relevancy 52.46%

I used to started Randomly, Can 0x3D, BSOD after months Just it, repeat 10 get a BSOD before I updated to a new hard drive since my old hard drive pretty much went to crap I upgraded to a Crucial M GB for boot and a TB WD hard drive for storage That was months ago Everything was fine until about a week ago I got a BSOD I thought nothing of it figured it wasn't going to happen again Then they started happening more So I tried updating my Nvidia driver today Every BSOD Randomly, 0x3D, Can repeat it, Just started after 10 months time I get to the part where I'm installing I get a BSOD I also set it to do a clean install so all my preferences are wiped and I can no longer use my nd monitor now or my regular resolution That's why I'm here To fix this dang problem P S This BSOD also happens at random times while I'm searching the web and other crap Here are my Specs Asus P Z V-PRO EVGA GTX Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge Crucial M GB SSD TB WD Don't know exact model Corsair W PSU Windows bit If you need more details just let me know

A:BSOD Randomly, 0x3D, Can repeat it, Just started after 10 months

Hello,

BSOD Analysis:

Code:
Probably caused by : mv91xx.sys
All of your dump files are blaming this driver. This driver is related to the Marvel AHCI/RAID controller. Please try updating this driver: Marvell - Support

Code:
teamviewervpn.sys Thu Dec 13 03:22:09 2007 (4760F9C1)
Drivers before 2009 are known to cause problems such as BSODs. Please update to a newer version of Teamviewer: http://support.teamviewer.com/index....3&languageid=1

After post back results.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244084-bsod-randomly-0x3d-can-repeat-just-started-after-10-months.html