Windows Support Forum

PC Setup help

Q: PC Setup help

Hi I m setting up my PC amp stuck between set of options Both of the setups fits within Rs - which is my budget I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking only single threaded applications I want the best cpu clock speed amp overall graphics possible and also which will serve me good for atleast to years My options are AMD FX- MSI A-G AMD Motherboard AMD ATI HD GB GDDR AMD A - K ASUS F A -M-PRO Motherboard ASUS AMD ATI HD GB GDDR CrossFire-ed with the APU help PC Setup Graphics I don t know whether the MSI mobo I mentioned in the st option is the best but it is surely PC Setup help one of the cheapest If there are any other good amp cheap am mobo and or any gfx card that fits in the budget please mention Also if you think that any other combo of these three viz CPU GPU amp Mobo suits my requirements amp budget better PC Setup help please suggest Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-setup-help.192000/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC Setup help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 36.12%

I have several Asus Eee netbooks that I'm getting set up to use at my school. I had some parent volunteers helping me get them ready to deploy, and one of the netbooks was plugged in to initially power it up, but then hard-shut-down before Windows could run through its initial setup.

Now when I boot up the netbook, and it attempts to go through the initial windows setup "Setup is starting services", and then throws an error message:
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.I restart, and the cycle continues. This happens whether I try to boot normally or in safe mode.

I've got no CD-drive attached to it, so I'm not sure what I can do to break this error cycle. Any suggestions/tools/ideas?

Thx,
Jeff

A:Win7 Starter getting error on initial setup; locked in setup loop

Not sure how you deployed them, but if Startup Repair doesn't help when run from System Recovery Options then I would redeploy the image or run Factory Recovery from its partition after backing up the disks.

If you don't have one and they are same hardware, simply backup one's image using Win7 backup imaging or free Macrium - Image your system then boot System Recovery options to Recover Using an Image from its external storage location which you have connected.

If they are not same exact hardware or Image hangs at startup, SysPrep the original before deploying to remove all drivers, activation, SID and HID's.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
System Image Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190218-win7-starter-getting-error-initial-setup-locked-setup-loop.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys amp Gals I ve been trying to get my Home XP SP desktop talking to my XP SP Laptop using tips gleemed from the threads in this forum My desktop does not require a sign-on My laptop is from work and requires sign-on to the work Domain I have put my Desktop into a workgroup of the same name as the laptop domain I have enabled file amp print sharing and added the laptop into my trusted Norton security zone on the Desktop I have shared folders on both machines I can see the Workgroup from my Laptop but not the desktop within it I can see the Domain from my setup? affect existing on Wizard Setup Solved: Network Running - Desktop but it times out if I try to drill further I cannot see my shared printer connected to the desktop from the laptop I can map from my laptop to desktop shared folder but not vice versa The only thing I haven t tried is to run the Network setup wizard on either the desktop or laptop Here s my question if I run that wizard on my laptop will it destroy my work network settings OR any other ideas what I Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup? should try to get each machine to see each other Thanks Hew nbsp

A:Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-network-setup-wizard-affect-on-existing-setup.450513/
Relevancy 36.12%

Ive read the Instructions on how to setup XP to dual-boot with Vista...
However, im concerned (and someone mentioned it happened to them in the thread)
that when XP SETUP is finished with the TX part of setup and reboots PC to go into the
rest of setup (GUI XP SETUP)) it wont continue....?
is this right>? ive read elsewhere that if the partitions for XP are created in Vista that it wont boot into the rest of setup....

I could make the partition during XP setup if this will help?

thanks

A:Vista/XP Dual Boot - Will XP setup continue into GUI setup after reboot of 1st part.?

When I did my dual boot [using win2k / vista] I used an existing partition that was created by vista. No problem at all. It is a little more difficult than say installing win2k after xp however as long as you follow the instructions there are no problems.

As always make an image of your system before you start. This way if something does go wrong, it is a simple matter to restore the image and be back where you started from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-xp-dual-boot-will-xp-setup-continue-into-gui-setup-after-reboot-of-1st-part.596140/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everybody I got dell latitude d laptop with dead display and without os supposed to be XP sticker is intact Hunting for affordable good shape lcd panel will take a while so I made unattended cd with nlite and installed XP but external monitor didn't fire up I checked the installation with live CD and it looks like complete install so I got an idea that the install is lacking dell drivers file [SOLVED] extension setup in .exe Inject setup drivers own or with unattended particularly video driver nvidia fx go card Even more it's possibly lacking any video driver 'cause native display was disconnected So I have to somehow inject video driver and force setup to install it Then XP must fire up external monitor and then I can update all the drivers I read about winnt sif and OEM Drivers directory but that all about quot naked quot drivers like sys cat inf but the drivers I got from dell have also dll exe and other files but nvidia driver even has its own setup exe How to make XP setup to install such drivers during unattended setup

A:[SOLVED] Inject drivers with .exe extension or own setup file in unattended setup

Hi I 'am not entirely certain but this might help Customizing Unattended Setup
How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP
Talking Shop: Windows XP unattended installation | TechRepublic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-inject-drivers-with-exe-extension-or-own-setup-file-in-unattended-setup-664703.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Is there any info recorded anywhere in Windows Application - checksum?! at L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe setup.exe location that tells me the name of a setup file that ideally including it's path An executable can usually always be opened with -zip often like itunes revealing the executable internally to contain a collection of msi's Maybe info about the execution Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! of one of these is logged somewhere in which case with a bit more effort I think the 'origin' setup exe could be inferred I read that the journal records every file that's opened is this human-readable Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! Thinking Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! aloud I have about widi setup executables I obtained whilst trying to setup intel widi similar scenario with several other applications installed on various VHDs I'd like to purge my downloads gt gt setups folder but retain installation-media for important applications just in case So much info is installed during installation ie setup msi stuff as well as appdata of course surely something this simple must be possible somehow somewhere somebody Thinkin aloud nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42452c57-579a-46d2-8168-61027ad63b15/application-setupexe-at-location-ldownloadssetupsnotbackedupsetupexe-checksum?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm trying to install windows xp, after formatting, it goes thru the process of copying the xp files and automatically reboots. Now after rebooting, instead of this installation to continue, it just goes back to the same setup process again i.e right from the beginning again of wanting to format and repeating the same process again. It does not continue with the installation as it normally does. Xp disk is good. no problem with it.
One thing strange I noted is when booting with the XP disk in, it automatically goes thru with the XP setup without asking 'Click any key to boot from CD-Rom'
Any ideas to solve this? Thank you all in advance

A:Solved: Xp Installation: Setup-Formats-Copies files-reboots back to square 'A' Setup

The simple answer is a stuck key, or a faulty key signal. Could you post your system specs to give us a little more to go on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-installation-setup-formats-copies-files-reboots-back-to-square-a-setup.828616/
Relevancy 35.69%

I formated my hard drive with Fdisk and ran the 4 disk set of Windows 2K and it goes through set up till last screen and then says Setup is starting Windows 2000 and it freezes there.

Help

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

So I decided to experiment with Raid on my i system to see if it had any impact on video encoding performance using two Gb Green Caviar WD HDD s Specifically I encoded a Mb AVI to DVD Unfortunately it took almost times longer over a single HDD setup Prior to this I installed Vista Ultimate non-Raid mode on different Gb HDD s and a Velociraptor and ran the same test above Keep in mind that the video file and the software were always on the Main Drive and there were no jumpers on any of them Here s A summary WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins Than Worse HDD Performs Raid Setup Setup Single 0 WD VelociRaptor Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Raid WD x Gb Green Caviar mins So is this AAM related causing such dramatic variations When I get home tonight I plan to run a program that s supposed to disable AAM nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I mistakenly launched XP Setup and want to know how to stop it from progressing further I have another XP installed on another virtual disk Rebooting trying disk Setup remove setup logging on Corrupt XP from to another by from there allowed me delete the Setup files Or so I thought The main XP installation however continues to try to launch Setup Just about whatever I do it ends in tears My question is how do I stop XP on this disk from thinking it has to launch Setup I don t want to reinstall XP as that will involve a huge amount of work to recreate my environment Corrupt XP Setup trying to remove setup by logging on from another disk I am able to choose my operating system when I press F If I launch the corrupt system in safe mode or domain controllers everything appears to progress normally until the very end when the XP black desktop appears and just before the icons appear At that point I get the error message Windows XP cannot run under safe mode and I am asked to click OK to consult a log file The screen however is actually frozen at that point so I have to unplug the machine Otherwise if I launch in debugging mode or Last known good configuration m I get a message saying Setup will restart now and then Setup is being restarted while the usual XP installation logos start to appear e g An exciting new look etc Shortly afterwards I get An error that has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing Again the screen freezes so I need to unplug the machine I looked at the difference config and ini files and compared the Windows directories on both disks also looking for hidden files I looked at the log files setuplog txt refers to this command but I can t file neither the file nor the folder nor is the corrupt setting on D d xpsprtm base ntsetup syssetup syssetup c BEGIN SECTION Installing Windows NT setupact log The critical system information file K WINDOWS system winnt inf is corrupt or missing Any ideas very welcome Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

i can setup my d-link wired router with no probs but after i have done that then i need to do something in the windows control panel under the network connections icon i have no clue what to do there to complete the final step in networking my machines some nfo new machines with ethernet cards one is xp home and the other is xp pro all i want to do is make those machines use the same cable connection i dont want ics or print file sharing i have been told to set up the router then power cycle the devices and magically the machines will begin working but i refuse to fall into that lame trap i do format approx every - months so i will need to know how to do this so i can recover from that activity each machine has a network connection from its previous service - do i delete this - do i create a new one -must i disable delete leave alone original connection icon these are the many questions that i have and i have googled this and can pnl setup the - no router setup to ctrl windows prob...how not find any nfo as to what to do on the windows side after the router is setup help i have been trying to figure this out for approx router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl months and my hardware will be obsolete before i get it so i appeal for help mahalo and aloha nbsp

A:router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl

not sure the issue. but posting the result of the ipconfig /all on both computer may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-setup-no-prob-how-to-setup-the-windows-ctrl-pnl.383611/
Relevancy 35.26%

my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get stuck. Please help

A:my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get

Have you tried launching it in "Safe Mode"? That would be the first thing I would try, and see if it will load past that screen. If it does, then there is probably something installed on the device that is causing the problem and you will need to see about uninstalling it.

If it doesn't move past, and still gets stuck, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123113/acer-aspire-5740-laptop-stuck-ascer-screen-pressf2-enter-setup-press-shows-entering-setup.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have just finished moving my OS from a 3TB hard drive to an SSD. I now have 2 matching drives that I would like to set up as a RAID array. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to backup the data that will be on the RAID before setting it up and then move it back once it has been setup?

2. Do I format them before I go into the RAID setup utility or does that utility do it for me?

3. Will the RAID just appear as a single drive letter on my system?

4. Evidently I have the choice between RAID0 (for performance) and RAID1 (for redundancy). I hhave an extensive back up scheme in place so is there any reason not to use RAID0?

I know that I enable the RAID in the BIOS and then there is a place in the boot sequence to get into the RAID setup.

A:RAID Setup - Alienware - A few setup questions?

What are you hoping to get out of a RAID0 setup? If you have User data on the hard drive, such as movies, music, documents, pics, etc....there is no need for RAID0. Hard drives are more than fast enough for that kind of data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298981-raid-setup-alienware-few-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently purchased a refurbished HP 6005 with windows 7 Professional. On the initial boot up I got to the windows setup screen asking for the country/language. It was at this point the power was disrupted and restarted the computer. Every time I tried to run windows the computer would restart. I also tried in safe mode which did not work. I then went into system restore mode to try that but am not able to complete because I get the restore error message 'Error 1'. Unfortunately I only have the product key and not the actual disc since i bought refurbished. Any suggestions on how to complete the setup so I can use my computer?

A:Power was disrupted during setup and now unable to setup.

According to the Troubleshooting Guide, you can restore to factory new state:

Quote:
Press the F11 key at startup to boot into the recovery partition
and run a factory restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/365283-power-disrupted-during-setup-now-unable-setup.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hi.
i am trying to install windows office 2007 but after a minute from start of installation ,it popup dialog box saying setup can not find setup.exe file and say browse valid installation source and click ok.
I don't know whats happening.I have just formated my c drive and installed fresh copy of windows xp.
here is image of error message.
please help me what to do?
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29005582dv8.jpg

A:error:setup can not find setup.exe

You should purchase a legal copy of Office

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-setup-can-not-find-setup-exe.763894/
Relevancy 33.54%

ok I am TOTALLY at a loss - almost even for words here - recently I was going to try out Avast and so I installed it decided I didn't like it setup! trying won't setup.exe avast stop to and so uninstalled it Nice amp normall right Oh how wrong I was Ever since then every time I restart my computer I get this dialog box - it's the Avast Setup Program trying to setup again and again and again The weird thing is I don't know where it's getting its avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! info from I deleted the downloaded setup pkgquite some time ago and have checked avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! in the Program Files folder for a shell nothing there The worst part about the situation is avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! now I am constantly also getting errors in almost every other program on my system Runtime errors missing codecs that I KNOW for a fact are there and up to date my taskbar suddenly vanishing ohohoh pleasepleaseplease help me it driving me utterly BATTY No wait I think it's actually FLYING me there Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup!

Generally speaking, all of the anti virus programs have uninstall tools that you have to use to get rid of them completely. So you might want to go to the Avast website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216711/avast-setupexe-wont-stop-trying-to-setup/
Relevancy 33.54%

Every time I boot it goes to setup mode then gets a fatal error and restarts after Error Setup Setup Incomplete -- leaving me unable to Incomplete Setup after Setup Error even access files Problems started when I tried to install SP on my Windows system There was a problem that gave me a blank screen with cusor visible at the end of boot up Safe Mode worked OK and from there I used my Windows Pro Upgrade CD to try to reintall the operating system After the restart during setup it asks me to put the Windows Pro CD in the drive but it cannot find i NT cat I originally upgraded from Windows but that installation CD does not satisfy it either This is a fatal error and gives no options except to restart the computer Upon restart it goes back into setup gets the error and restarts -- a deadly loop Safe Mode does the same thing If I cannot repair this I would at least like to get my data files off of it From the Repair Console mode I cannot access My Documents getting an quot Access Denied quot error I would like to avoid removing the drive and making it a slave on another system So my three ascending goals are Save the files in My Documents Get out of Setup mode so I can at least go to Safe Mode and run the system Repair all problems and get back to a working system Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incomplete-setup-after-setup-error.580992/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to install Windows XP Pro onto my machine as a dual boot operating system, it will enter the txt portion of the setup but not gui mode after the restart. I've tried to make a new partition on my hard drive, reset my bios, change boot order, everything I can think of to no avail. I've searched the forums and couldn't find any real help.

Any suggestions?

A:Win XP Setup will not enter GUI mode setup

Just got off work, thought I'd include more information. My current main OS is Windows 7, when I hit Enter to go into GUI setup mode, the screen goes to black, no cursor, no blinking underscore, just blank. I remove the cd and when I try to boot into the XP OS I get the hal.dll error or the missing/corrupt file error. So I load into Windows 7 to check the partition out and see that there is no ntldr, no ntdetect, and no boot.ini (assuming this is all installed in the gui portion of the setup)

Still baffled with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-setup-will-not-enter-gui-mode-setup-426558.html
Relevancy 33.54%

re Setup of WIN I had noticed that when i start my gb win98 setup? & re: setup cdrom HD the one w win and ALL my re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? other s ware on it it will NOT recognized the SCSI CDROM after realizing that NO CDROM has been properly installed I then started my PC with the WIN bootdisk where it loaded the drivers to enable the CDROM to function Now that I have C gb Hdrive D ramdrive and E CDROM that is how my PC is setup now Here is the question when re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? I run WIN setup from the E cdrom it comes to the Windows re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? setup welcome screen IF I click on continue will it overwrite my data on my HD OR will it recognize that data exists there I need to know basically how can I make the CDROM letter stay if I clcik on continue would it posssibly clean up my registry so that it is NOT as cluttered as it is or will that come from a re-install of the software thks once again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-cdrom-setup-win98-setup.175714/
Relevancy 33.54%

I was having problems with my Maple Story, so I un-installed and re-downloaded the program. However, when I tried to open the setup wizard, it gave me the error:

Error reading setup initialization file

I looked online for troubleshooting solutions, and I have so far found two options:

-Re-download because the error could be the result of a failed download that wasn't identified when the file was downloaded.

-Find and delete old files that could be stopping the file from being reaad properly.

I need help with the second solution, as in how I search for those files. Also, any other solutions for this problem would be much appreciated.

A:"Error reading setup initialization file" for Maple Story Setup

test reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-setup-initialization-file-for-maple-story-setup.538652/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop using Windows XP and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking up too much space Now I can install it but when I try to run the actual game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error with to setup"?? adapter your "Try standard running setup before driver a VGA display and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment about "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

You most likely need to get the mobile graphics driver. You can get it at.

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.689317/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking display setup a VGA to adapter "Try driver standard with setup"?? your before running up too much space Now I can install it but when I "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? try to run the actual "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? about someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.688711/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys, wonder if anyone could shed some light on my issue please?
I am trying to reinstall XP SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, as it would not boot up correctly and hang. I tried initially to repair the installation from the Disk, but setup would load all the drivers and when it gets to the "Setup is starting windows" everything stops and just hangs.
I have a copy of unbuntu and i could boot to that off the live CD, and could browse the HDD contents. I then used the partition manager thing in unbuntu and made the disk one partition (thinking the partitions were screwed and opted to try to start from scratch!) This however has not cured the problem, and now im out of ideas... other than trying to install unbuntu only to prove the HDD isnt knackered!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance

Gaz

A:Setup Hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

Did you finally get it to load? I am having the same problem..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-windows-263915.html
Relevancy 31.82%

last week, my windows 10 upgraded laptop always gets not responding, then i decided to format my laptop and reinstall windows 7, when i was copying my important files to data d, suddenly it crashed then stucks at the start up loading, then i tried to do the automatic repair and just reset it, then when i waited for 9 or more hours, it was stuck at 95% done, then crashed again, then after that crash, the automatic repair cannot do anything, so i took my bootable usb with windows 7 starter setup, then i tried to install the windows 7 and now it's stuck at "setup is starting" please help, and note that i don't have any access to other pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390964-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.82%

WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting" in my acer aspire...........and waited for 1 hour and finally went to partition drivers ........ i pressed next and i am stuck at Copying Windows Files (0%)........and finally after half an hour...it came.................."Windows could not format a partition on disk 0.The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation.Error code:0x80070057"........................What should i do now????????? previously it would run windows 7 ultimate x64 bit..............one day........these was an unexpected shutdown..........and when i tried to start it again........it showed that repair your operating system..............i think my problem is i am now trying to install windows 7 ultimate(x32 bit).......if i am wrong.........help me in any other way please????????????? thankzz in advance.......

A:WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting"

Could you take all the ............
????????????? and out of you post so it can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376544-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I started an upgrade for xp pro part way through the install I got a message "WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe" no found I pressed enter then got another message "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe" ; setup abort!" now each time I reboot it starts to load xp then gives me the same message then press enter it then reboots.
can any body help?

A:problem with xp pro upgrade "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe"

What were you upgrading? Sounds like you need to do a clean install and possibly your cd or your cd drive is shot or just dirty.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-xp-pro-upgrade-fake-setup-call-himself-instead-original-setup-exe.523986/
Relevancy 30.96%

How can I get rid of the annoying, failed xp reinstall, setup option on boot.?

Relevancy 30.96%

Like an idiot, I dropped my laptop the other day. It kept working at first, but crashed a couple of hours later. Now, when I boot-up, I get the following error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32/Drivers/Ntfs.sys. You can attempt to repari this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."​
I've inserted the setup CD (in an external CD-Rom drive, since my laptop doesn't have its own drive). But for some reason, setup won't start, and I keep coming back to the above error message. How do I start setup?

I'm running XP Home.

Relevancy 30.96%

nbsp I AM TRYING TO SETUP A RAID MIRROR ON MY NEW MACHINE ENVY DESKTOP - SE CTO nbsp I HAVE SETUP SETUP TO HOW RAID 1 WENT INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE FORM AHCI TO RAID nbsp I HAVE ADDED THE SECOND HARD DRIVE BOTH DRIVES ARE SEAGATE TB SATA nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED THE IRST INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE I DOWN LOADED FROM INTEL WEB SITE VERSION WHERE IS THE CREATE RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP A VOLUME CHOICE nbsp nbsp nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED A FRESH WINDOWS PRO X AND LOADED THE RAID DRIVER I CAN ADD A MIRROR OF THE C BUT CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK LOOKS LIKE NO BOOT UP INFORMATION IS ON THE DISK WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO BLUE SECTIONS THAT ARE ON DISK AND NOT ON DISK I WAS THINKING THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME WHEN U CREATE A RAID MIRROR nbsp nbsp nbsp WHY ARE THE VOLUME CHOICES BELOW GRAYED OUT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I CAN NOT BOOT UP FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK WHEN I UNPLUG DISK JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF DISK HAD A FAILURE nbsp nbsp CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OUT TO UNDERSTAND THIS nbsp

A:RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP

@Big_Dave? wrote a RAID tutorial on this hardware subject.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/RAID-1-SETUP-HOW-TO-SETUP/td-p/5587859
Relevancy 30.53%

Hai, i am trying to install the windows xp on my computer but i came across this problem that i cant install it. I set on CMOS to boot from cdrom and it does that with no problem but when at Windows Setup it freeze at ''Setup is starting Windows''. After few tries i got some other error
'' STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error
C:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll ''

Any suggestions how could i fix it?

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi! I just put this together and just need a third party to ook over it for me. I excluded some things because I already have 'em. Thanks for the help!

ENERMAX ECA3052BS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3320620A 320GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

IN WIN IP-P460Q3-2/RETAIL ATX12V 460W Power Supply - Retail

Arctic Silver ASTA-7G (2-PC-SET) Premium Silver Thermal Adhesive - OEM

Update
GeIL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model GX21GB5300PLXAM - Retail

ASUS P5NSLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6400 - Retail

Thermaltake A2368 120mm Case Fan - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler - Retail

A:How does this setup look?

All looks pretty good. Couple of questions/comments:

I notice you are buying 3rd party cooling. Are you planning on overclocking? If so, you may want to consider different ram (PC6400).

I have never heard of IN WIN powersupplies, and that is scary. I'd suggest getting a PSU from a namebrand company like Antec, Enermax or FSB. Have a look at this thread here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1045259

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-this-setup-look.66039/
Relevancy 24.94%

My Vista Ultimate SP2 originally was setup from a variation slimmed by vlite. WMC was completely left out.

Now I want to add WMC, while preserving the system as it grew within 3 years. No fresh install. An installation DVD or iso image are at hand. What workaround will do the job?

Thanks for all hints and explanations.
Tom

A:Add WMC after setup

Originally Posted by kicks

My Vista Ultimate SP2 originally was setup from a variation slimmed by vlite. WMC was completely left out.

Now I want to add WMC, while preserving the system as it grew within 3 years. No fresh install. An installation DVD or iso image are at hand. What workaround will do the job?

Thanks for all hints and explanations.
Tom

Kicks

Love to help but we have no idea what was manipulated during the vlite process so it is next to impossible to help. I would suggest a full copy form MS. Basically thats all we are able to support.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/271018-add-wmc-after-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I need to connect five computers to an NAS which will be used as shared file storage, and as hard drive backup space (i'm not sure the backup space is such as good idea because that would take up tons of room and we can use DVDs for that, would that be better?)

One computer is roughly 30 feet away, and we're looking to get all new computers that are running windows 7 x64, one will be running windows 7 x32. We're installing an new linksys advanced N router so should I get a wireless NAS so we all can access it, or will connecting a standard NAS to the router work?

I've never used an NAS before, I'm sure you all can tell, finally does it behave like a router, where you access the interface through the computer that's hardwired to it?

Thanks for your help everyone. I really appreciate it.

A:NAS setup help!

If at all possible you want to connect the NAS by ethernet; only use wireless if there is no way to run a cable between the router and NAS.

I don't know you or the other users, but my opinion is that only the most disciplined people keep up to date backups on DVDs or similar. Less disciplined people are more likely to backup to a "permanently" attached NAS, and there is even more likelihood of regular backups if they are scheduled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-setup-help.922855/
Relevancy 24.94%

when i try to uninstall a program i get the [i cant not find the exe file .
so how do i go to fix that .

A:Setup.exe

That means the original uninstall file is either corrupted or has been removed from the computer. It's probably been removed already and the title of the program still remains in the "Uninstall a Program" window. I would install CCleaner and do a registry scan and fix the checked issues and see if it remains... (Which would effectively clear out registry files that remain of uninstalled programs - hopefully allowing you to see the program no longer listed in the programs list)

Programs and Features - Remove Uninstall Entry

Out of curiosity what is the name of the program?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/297690-setup-exe.html
Relevancy 24.94%
Q: setup

I need hel I need to acces my bios setup but I forgot my password is there anything that I can do my board is a DFI K6BB3+.

A:setup

Hi infante, welcome to TSG.

So what you are saying is that you set a password to enter the bios setup and you forgot it?

If so, you'll need to remove the battery for a couple of minutes (which will reset everything to defaults) and you should be able to access it normally again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup.72840/
Relevancy 24.94%

What all do i need to setup a remote vpn?

A:how to setup a vpn

A subscription. Then, in your network settings, put in the data provided by the server and choose the "connect to office" or similar option. It connects just like a dial-up connection over your current internet connection.

I use iPredator. Works great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-setup-a-vpn.988538/
Relevancy 24.94%

you know when you download some thing
like say a patch for a game it will be .exe
well with some of them you can unpack it with winrar but some you cant
is there any program that will unpack them becasue i need to do some thing with a setup exe

A:setup exe

It depends entirely on how the setup.exe file was created. Some, like you said, can be opened by Winrar. This is because the setup.exe file is actually a self-extracting archive which extracts the real setup.exe and then runs it. Most setup.exe files, however, either don't do this or they use a proprietary format, or they may use the WISE installer framework included with Windows (or another framework altogether.)

Thus, there is no single "universal" unpacker for setup.exe files as there is no "universal" format for creating them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203365/setup-exe/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi need help trying to get dolby 5.1 running on my system,i have a sony dts,5.1 capable amp,all relevant speakers and dell dimension 9200 i bought about 4years ago,it seems to have all the right connections optical and six other inputs,my question is shouldnt i just need the optical to my amp?,have tried this but with no success,i also have powerdvd ultimate.Any ideas please!!

Have tried changing settings also.Do i need another audio card?

A:How do i get 5.1 on my setup!!

Heyy,
Welcome to the forum!

You should be able to plug the optical cable into both the computer and the amp, open your audio control panel and change it to optical out and it should work.

If you want you could purchase a few cables like this here and run them from the different outputs from your computer to the inputs on the amp.

What is the audio control panel, for example, mine is Realtek HD audio manager.

Hope this helps you,
Daniel =)

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/280544-how-do-i-get-5-1-my-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello All I am setup net help for Need brand new to Need help for net setup this forum and have a couple of questions I work ALL the time with Software and Hardware at work and Need help for net setup a community service organization I help with I know enough about networking to troubleshoot connectivity problems and get things patched up but the thing I have a question about is hardware Let me first explain my situation We have a yearly District Convention We are trying to move to a completely paperless registration system to speed things up The attached file is a floor plan of the area where this whole system will be set up Each red star is a computer that needs to be networked The ideal situation would be wireless networking between clusters of Need help for net setup computers We ll start left to right In contests we will have a computer that needs to be wired In the office we need a wireless connection with at least wired port Contests computer can be wired to this area with a ft LAN cable or so The cluster of computers is our registration area There we need wired ports The last red star is a payment counter It needs a wired port which can be wired to the registration area So far undecided there will also be a localized server Nothing fancy just enough to hold local data these computers will be accessing Basic idea is a portable server rack U with the server itself a UPS a cooling fan a drawer or two a switch any suggestions on type and reasoning would be great a slide out LCD keyboard trackpad and few other peripherals What we want to run the fastest is the registration area so if the server had to be located there that would be perfectly fine We have the server and all of the computers already now we just need the connectivity Just to give you an idea of dimensions the drawing is a little skewed The arrow on the right pointing up is about the arrow pointing left is a skybridge that goes over a road it is probably - The area with the arrow pointing down is about feet Again I apologize for the scale they just didn t provide a floor plan between the two So Anybody have any basic ideas on what routers switched bridges or access points I would want for this Types would be good and brands or models would be AMAZING Thanks in advance for any help -John nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

Firstly i would like to say Hello :)

I have a dell laptop running windows xp sp2 my problem is when you click setup.exe files you get a brief hourglass then nothing it also does it to the program Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but does not seem to do it to nothing else. I have run a virus check with nod 32 this reports no probelms any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-exe-345603.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello I have a question that hopefully is just something that I am misunderstanding about WOL Here is a brief overview of my situation I am in control of around computers of which are running Windows XP Pro -bit SP All of which that I am attempting to perform WOL on at moment My Administration computer is Windows Pro -bit All of which are on the same Setup Help WOL Domain Currently I am targeting machines are aimed at to get an overhaul ranging from - years in age that are in a lab All of which have onboard NIC cards So I know that no cable is needed to keep it powered for WOL Their network adapters are as follows Machine Computer needs work overall so no big whoop Machine Intel DC Gigabet Machine Intel DC Gigabet Machine Intel DC Gigabet Machine Intel DC Gigabet Machine Intel DC Gigabet Machine Intel LM- Gigabet Machine Intel PRO VE Machine Intel PRO VE Machine Intel DC Gigabet Machine Intel DC- Gigabet Machine Computer needs work overall so no big whoop All machines except for Machines - allow for timed wake-up that I can set in the BIOS Which I like because on ALL of my machines I only wish to have them up from AM - PM And then have them shut down Shutting down part I will be using AMP WinOFF to control each computer on its own I have attempted a script using psshutdown from my pc but it doesnt always get all of the intended targets IDK why All machines in BIOS allow for WOL from S State in which I did enable I have also gone into the NIC settings under Device Manager and set the following for the cards Power Management Tab- Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby Only allow management stations to bring the computer out WOL Setup Help of standby Advanced Tab- Wake On Settings WOL Setup Help - Wake on Magic Packet Wake On Link Settings - Enabled Forced Some just have enabled some just have forced as options Now all of these were setup after a couple of days worth of research testing I have tested w out the Advanced Tab settings being the way they were Wake On Link Disabled and Wake On Settings being OS Controlled Still no luck The only way that SOME of the computers will start on my command is having the settings set as they are above I am using depicus com s Wake On Lan Monitor as well as their WolCmd to send the packets I am getting confirmation that the packets are going through and have varified the MAC addresses through several different means The Monitor is showing Packets received to computers however that were not sent to them I am not as to if the Monitor simply watches the network for activity or if it watches for that computer specifically By what I am seeing it is the Network activity Or at least I hope Since all settings are the same I would think that I should be able to wake all machines however from the list above when a packet is sent only Machines will wake the others will not Exclude machines and as they are the overhaul machines Now as my issues progress I have found that the machines in which I am able to boot remotely tend to have a mind of their own They will boot up on their own at random times throughout the evening Outside of their AM- PM time range I know that using the AMP WinOFF will allow for them to be shut back down but still there should be no reason for them to start on their own As a last detail my knowledge of a lot fo the ends and outs of scripts and registries are few and far between Generally I can get the jist of what someone wants or can step by step and understand why we are performing each action but knowing exactly where I am looking for what details is a bit of a task so please dumb down your answers for me as best as possible Thanks for the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wol-setup-help.965865/
Relevancy 24.94%

my friend has a ps3 but no computer...is it possible for him to set up his verizon dsl without having a computer?

A:how to setup dsl

No one has a laptop you could use just for the initial setup? Otherwise calling customer support might be the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-setup-dsl.984019/
Relevancy 24.94%

im wanting to setup IIS on my system so i can develop ASP applications, it will just be used for internal access i.e. not used as a proper web server.

so i installed IIS from my windows 2k pro setup, but what else do i need to do?

i created a folder in wwwroot called testsite and placed an asp page inside it called default.asp.

then opened up IE 6 and typed http://localhost/testsite/default.asp expecting to be presented with my asp file, instead i get "this page cannot be displayed".

i have tried computer name and ip address inplace of localhost but still no joy, what am i missing?

Relevancy 24.94%

hello i tried to open a file that i download (this one http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5O1ZMUWW) i extracted it with WinRAR and when i open it i get 2 windows prompting me:
Window 1(Error: Access Denied:...And yes i did run as Administrator )
Window 2(Error: Access violation at address 004613B2 in module 'setup.exe.tmp'. Read of address 00000358

If you have any Information that can help me Fix this...PLEASE HELP ME!!

I attached a picture so you can see what am seeing

A:setup.exe.tmp?

Anyone Please help me out!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/setup-exe-tmp-466393.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi got new system and desided on a ssd for Operating System. Its fast and love it. My problem is..as a family we have to log in under our own accounts.Now I hav ea 1tb hdd for games, pictures and documents etc. It easy installing games, just select drive E instead of C. When I want to store other things, they are all on drive E as a bunch.Is there a way to store our pictures seperately? It seasy for me but the wife just saves things in documents etc. I could partision my hdd, but dont want to confuce wife. Much easier just clicking RUN ans SAVE instead of SAVE AS E etc. Hope I make sence

A:ssd setup

I think this tutorial is what you are looking for:
User Folders - Change Default Location

By redirecting the User's folder to the E drive your wife can continue saving everything as she always has, but the files will be on the spinner like you want them to be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301579-ssd-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

W k gig ram gig HD lots of free space Program is MT Metatrader demo-version and was previously installed and uninstalled at different times from different sources Demo versions usually expire after a limited time hence the frequent new installs Now none of the setup exe files will run even versions downloaded from completely different sources to previously I click on them but nothing happens except the hourglass for a second though it won't run Setup.exe shows up as running in task manager I m assuming some of the previous uninstalls weren t quite cleanly done or maybe there s some blocking code inserted to discourage repeat installs though hardly as I d already installed uninstalled this program many times before without problems Anyway I ve downloaded other programs just to test that their setup exe s also run which they do no problem it s just these MT setup Setup.exe won't run exe s that won t Some of the MT setups are just a Setup.exe won't run few hundred KB s which I assume are just to initiate the proper download while others are perhaps up to MB s and probably include all necessary files already but either way none of these setup exe s will run I don t personally think it s a windows installer problem since all other setup exe s run fine and I think the registry might be corrupted somewhere but then what do I know Anyway I ve already googled as much as I can on the matter but still haven t solved it any ideas most welcome OOOOOPS Just noticed Wrong Thread I saw quot professional quot and thought W K professional will try copy n paste to W K thread and then delete sorry everyone

A:Setup.exe won't run

<<Program is MT4 (Metatrader4) demo-version and was previously installed and uninstalled at different times from different sources. Demo versions usually expire after a limited time, hence the frequent new installs.>>Since demo versions are (IME) geared to cease responding or fail to install...once the designated period has passed...I don't believe that we can address your failures now, regardless of what may have transpired in the past.My experience says that the software .exes are not necessarily supposed to work properly...under the conditions you have referenced in your post.This is not a Windows O/S issue, IMO...in fact, you are attempting to violate the EULA governing that application's demo status, which is a questionable activity.You may want to read the forum rules that prevail here...link in my signature.I believe the following may apply to your behavior/topic: "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences." Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444877/setupexe-wont-run/
Relevancy 24.94%

Alright guys It's been a long time since I've posted here so if I posted this in the wrong section feel free to move I thought I'd ask you guys before I spend some money Basically I've bought Nvidia geforce GTS GB cards from my mate for the pair both working lol Amazing card Now I can run atm fine since I have a PCI-E x slot What I want to know is if I can run the second card in SLI with the first but using a PCI-E setup? SLI Possible x slot I've read it's possible to run graphic cards in an x slot it would just be at a slower speed the x speed since there isn't as many 'lanes' I was planning to buy THIS or even THIS so I don't have to mangle the slot on the mobo plus there's Possible SLI setup? a heatsink Possible SLI setup? in the way pic of the mobo HERE you can see the full sized x slot to the left of the x and the heatsink The SLI cable he gave me with the cards is quite long so there's room for movement between the cards The mobo and stuff is my sig rig btw Cheers guys Hoping this is possible

A:Possible SLI setup?

I may be wrong but i think for sli they have to both be in a x16 slot. You need a sli certified motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248728-possible-sli-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%
Q: X-setup

Does anyone know where i can get X-setup version 6.6 for free? it has to be clean
Thanks

A:X-setup

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/LFWV/X-Setup.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78717/x-setup/
Relevancy 24.94%

I need some guidance with setting up a VPN please.

There is a program on a Vista machine at a doctors office and they need to have an employee access this computer(and maybe others) from home. The computer hosts an ACT! database that they need data from. Im sure they need more than logmein or something like that.

Where do I start?

Relevancy 24.94%

I wish to set up a webserver and a private lan can somebody explain in laymans terms - I think I got about knowledge to do but need some help My Scenario I need a secure LAN but also able to run webserver Server has to be able to update from database SQL which will be in private LAN This is how I do it i think Static IP DMZ + SQL setup from internet inbound - into a router Gateway lan - subnet Netgear DG - this is where I put my webserver i presume with DMZ when setup Plugged into Netgear i have ethernet to nd router - which i read is to be plugged into LAN not WAN port nd router by default starts I turn DHCP off on nd router leave DHCP on st router and change ip address to something like - is this correct On lan pcs - change DNS to ISP supplied DNS and make a rd DNS list of st router gateway - - yes I turn firewall off on router and setup firewall on R I then plug all my pcs into nd router and everything is good IS this correct and am I missing anything or am I way off Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

I recently decided to reinstall windows XP on my computer as it was running a bit funny.

During the re installation, there were errors, it cocked up and led me to restart the computer.

Now everytime I boot it up, it loads past the Windows XP loading screen and I get a blue screen saying "Setup is being restarted..........", i've left this on for hours and hours and nothing comes of it so I don't know what to do, i'm going insane.

Pleeeeeease help me out here.

Below is an image of the said message:

A:Setup help.

Do you have Restore Discs or are you restoring the computer from your hard disk?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-help-258881.html
Relevancy 24.94%

My new setup I thought New Setup? My I would get your recommendations on this setup before I went ahead with the purchase It seems good All for including shipping Dimension Intel Pentium Processor My New Setup? w HT Technology GHz FSB My New Setup? Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GB Dual Channel My New Setup? DDR SDRAM at MHz x M GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive RPM MB Dell USB Memory Key Dual Drives x CD-ROM Drive x DVD RW R w double layer write capable in in viewable dp E c CRT Monitor MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce FX Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI Integrated Channel Audio I have the Xbox and PS for games so if I do use this system for gaming it will be minimal My Dell laptop Inspiron cost me grand back in and another grand for the Inspiron back in and has nothing near the specs this set up has I am not able to fix the blue screen KRNL EXE problem on the Inspiron so I amp ll have to bring the drive someplace to have it accessed I amp m fed up with laptops after of them they just don amp t have the oomph I still have my Remington typewriter and a whole bunch of carbon paper If only it could copy and paste nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I'm new here! Wondering how can I setup a FTP on my XP Pro? Any help will be helpful....:

A:How to setup FTP on XP Pro SP2

That's a broad question, artkhor. What, specifically, are you trying to do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-setup-ftp-on-xp-pro-sp2-250419.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I know some kid who can help me put it together. What do you think of these parts so far. Any suggestions?

hard drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822136074
motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813128034
power supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817148027
memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145034
processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103773

Relevancy 24.94%

hi guys today i was given a computer by my nephiew when i fired it up it came can't into setup get up as windows xp media centre edition and a panel that says administrator when i click it i get a warning that this copy has to be activated by microsoft it is not hooked up to the internet yet so i thought i would put in my copy of xp pro but it would not boot from can't get into setup c d so i tried to get into setup to change the boot to cd can't get into setup but i cannot get setup to come up I tried del f f esc f but none of them will work I presume it is one he built himself as there is no brand name on it and i cannot contact my nephiew to get more info it has a KT ultra mobo amd athlon xp cpu gb rpm hd mb pc ddr ram w thermaltake psu dvd rom as master and a cd rom as slave would anyone have any idea how i can get into setup with this machine thanx gmanwill nbsp

A:can't get into setup

gmanwill again,
sorry to have bothered you guys i did what i should have done in the first place,i went on the net.on my other computer and went to the msi site and got info. there. all i had to do was go f11 on boot which brings up the boot order menu which i changed,i am now in the process of installing xp pro.on it.

thanks for your time.

a very greatful gmanwill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-into-setup.291822/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all,

I have no idea if / how possible this may or may not be but here goes.

I work away from home a lot and am looking at setting up a VPN link from my laptop (when im away) back to my desktop at home.

Both machines are running Windows XP Pro, is there a way to do it under this OS (with or without addtional software).

Any info / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:VPN setup

You can use Remote Desktop, but I'd consider UltraVNC. UltraVNC has file transfer, chat, and screen control. It also offers encryption on the link for security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-setup.646076/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have XP Pro with Service Pack 2. Tried to set up fax option. Asked to insert floppy. I only have XP CD. Would not accept as only allows Floppy. How can I get round this. HELP please.

A:XP Fax setup

Hello kotchki, Welcome to TSF sorry for the delay in answering.
This is perhaps what you may need to do http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...october21.mspx.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-fax-setup-201392.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all I have an
ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 LGA 775 VIA PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157115

and a 8600 gs vid card along with 2gb of ddr2 and a 3.33ghz celeron d processor...

Now I just configured this setup and due to my lack of knowledge I did not realize how poor the celerons performance would be while playing games.

I would like to replace it with a nicer processor
what would you guys reccomend?

so far I am feeling this one newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116196

PS sorry I cannot make the links clickable the post limiter will not allow me to post links in my posts

A:Appropriate cpu for this setup?

what is your price range for the cpu?

also to make a link clickable, dont worry about the tools when writing your posts, just copy and paste the link

like this : http://www.techspot.com/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=560331

just make sure it has "http://www." in it before the actual address.

also, after seeing the cpu you posted a link to, your really going to want a dual core not a single core.

try this one out for size, its not too expensive http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3241559

but there are better choices if you can add $50-75 bucks past the 129.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/appropriate-cpu-for-this-setup.96449/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey what do you guys PC setup think about this budget setup Check this out AMD Athlon Venice GHz FSB KB L Cache Socket Processor ECS NFORCE -A Socket NVIDIA nForce - X ATX AMD Motherboard Kingston ValueRAM GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory GIGABYTE Geforce GV-NX DP Video Card Western Digital Caviar SE GB quot SATA Gb s PC setup Hard Drive Win XP as OS I must add that my last build was an ol xp ghz since then I didn t looked at any new cpus tech till now been doing some research lately As you can tell this is a budget pc that somethimes will do some serious gaming I ll overclock cpu and video card as well will push that video card as far as I can Not sure if mobo s bios is overclocking friendly though BTW I have some random questions I have and old IDE ata HD can I run both pata amp sata tech at the same time Whats with those new socket mobos Rear Panel Ports dont seem they gonna fit on regulars ATX cases like AMD XP mobos used to Thanks in advance PC setup guys nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

im trying to reinstall windows xp on my pc but as it wont come on i have to reinstall it during startup where it says 'press any key to boot cd' but it dosent say it, it just goes past the startup screen and hangs (like i said it wont come on) and even changing first boot device to cd rom wont work, im getting frustrated and dont know what do do, help!!

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi my little problem is that I'm unable to add the fax services in add remove program gt windows components Also tried from the XP SP CD that came with this (or XP setup in Fax Can't 3) SP2 desktop I get a Copy Error which displays the Computer's inability to copy certain fx fax files dll's and such either from C windows where they already reside or from the installation CD This first happened in SP Error said it was looking for files on Can't setup Fax in XP SP2 (or 3) the Windows XP Home Edition SP CD no such item I uninstalled SP with some Can't setup Fax in XP SP2 (or 3) trepidation but all seems well enough But lo and behold the same jam error message comes up Can't setup Fax in XP SP2 (or 3) albeit referring to the SP Cd which I do have No workie no way Any ideas on what might be blocking this installation Thanks Gunga Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Location C WINDOWS Genuine Intel R CPU GHz Version x Family Model Stepping Speed MHz Genuine Intel R CPU GHz Version x Family Model Stepping Speed MHz Memory RAM Capacity GB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-setup-fax-in-xp-sp2-or-3-a-279705.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi..
I want to set up a LAN which will have a victim machine and a second system with SNORT running on it. The second system with SNORT should act as a gateway between the LAN and the external network. The external network will have a system which will attack the victim machine.
For the second machine to be a gateway with SNORT running on it, I just have to enable IP FORWARDING with two NIC ..... Is it right or wrong???
I have like very basic knowledge about LINUX and networking. Can someone help me out with this setup plz????

Thanks,
Swetha.

Relevancy 24.94%
Q: Setup

I have Windows 7 on my Emachine desktop. I had trouble with the whole system. So I delete everything to begin new applications and so forth. I changed my log into Windows and do not remember what it is. To reset my password it tell me that I need a reset Cd,
which I don't have. How can I log on to the system?

Also My husband who is MD hileman has a Emachine laptop and of course it had Window 7 at the beginning.  We later
downloaded the Windows 10. Now the app such as the Store, Watch 32HD, and the Weather app are not opening up.  They say that there is no internet. Which is weird because my husband can get onto Facebook and his Email.  What can the problem be?
Thank you for help us out on these problems

Nancy Hileman

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/00845e76-8321-431c-94e3-cc82771afc84/setup?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 24.94%

When I press and hold delete button, 2nd page of messages display with error messages and beeps (about 6-8 beeps). Can't get into setup, receiving error message:

CMOS Settings Wrong
CMOS Date/Time Not Set
Overclocking failed! Please enter setup to reconfigure your system
No hard disk drive detected!
Fatal Error......System Halted.

BRAND NEW SYSTEM!!!!!!! ALL NEW PARTS!!!!!!

I have:
ASUS P4C800-E
1 GB PC4000 (Twin; Corsair)
ATI 9800 Pro
Harddrives both Maxtor 120gb & 80gb placed in ATA133 slot

Can anyone help???

Relevancy 24.94%

How's my setup for moderate gaming, like Mass Effect2, Max payne 3, GTA 4 strategy games like AOE 3? I plan to upgrade my gfx to 9600 Gt later.

A:How's my setup?

Quote: Originally Posted by dorian hawkmoon

How's my setup for moderate gaming, like Mass Effect2, Max payne 3, GTA 4 strategy games like AOE 3? I plan to upgrade my gfx to 9600 Gt later.

Um, It isnt the best.
You have minimum memory, an average GFX card, and I am not even sure your cpu can run 64bit. For light gaming this might work.

If you can upgrade memory and gfx card it will help.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90962-hows-my-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

can anyone tell me how to repair setup.exe plz

Relevancy 24.94%

hi guys, looking for some advice i have built a pc with intel 40gb ssd system drive and two 2tb hard drives in raid 1 mainly for storing all my music on i have double checked the raid setup in the bios and in disc management and all seems ok, the problem i have is that any cd i rip or any program i install it goes to the intel ssd drive and the raid drives are empty would be grateful if someone can explain what i have done wrong, thanks

A:new pc setup

Hi and welcome to SevenForums!
When you rip your CDs, you must setup your ripping program to store tracks on the raid disk.
When you install programs, you have to make custom installation and select raid disk as target.

Hope this helps
CyberZeus

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/116783-new-pc-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

i have a window that pop's up everytime I open a webpage or search the web on screen. it says :-

System Error

your computer was infected by an unknow trojan. Its dangerous for your system.(critical files can be lost)!

Click OK to download the antispyware program to clean your system! (recommended)
when i click OK a window pops up with:-

Do you want to run or save this file?

Name : setup.exe

Type : Application, 2.84MB

which links to http://files-secure.com/ site

this site says i have malware : system player

variant of the trojan.Win32.Obfuscated.gx(porn adware)

I have run norton several times and it states that it his a tracking cookie (Richie [email protected]/) its always there each time I run for a check.

Please Help

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi i am not sure if i am in the right place ??
My question is I have two hardrives with different operating systems one wth xp and one with me i would like to use them both how can i set up my computor so that on bootup it askes me witch one i want ???

A:setup

Could you possibly start one more thread with the same question in it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup.178607/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have now tried to set up a VPN connection between my home LAN and any remote networks. My purpose is to use Samba to access workgroup shares is my home LAN from other remote places.

Connection between remote client and my OpenVPN server is working perfectly fine. Although I cannot ping (at least not the normal way, but how do I differenciate between my current LAN and remote LAN?) neither can I access any Workgroup shares. I can see the Workgroup anyhow.

My network looks like this:
Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Is my largest fear (that my server have to work as a gateway, ie. all computers must be connected to the server; instead of the router) true?

A:VPN Setup

What IP pool have you assigned to the remote client coming in to your network? This should have been set up as part of the OpenVPN configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-setup.863457/
Relevancy 24.94%

WAN setup
We have our HQ at one location with 20 users (XP & Vista) on a SBS2008 domain.

We have just taken over a satellite office of 13 users (xp & vista) working off a XP Fileserver (workgroup) and wish to intergrate these users into our existing domain.

So i was wondering what methods others were using/recommend before we go about implementing a WAN network.

for example: As we have an Untangle server at HQ should we look at installing another untangle server at the 2nd location and using site to site vpn?
Do we need to change this workgroup over to our domain with the same subnet but different ip range?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Relevancy 24.94%

Case Mobo before rebate http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku S - B Processor http www newegg com app ViewProduct asp description - - Memory http www newegg com app ViewProduct asp description - - to setup you? How's this look All together That leaves me needing stuff that I m gonna take outta my current cpu and i think that all should work fine Just need opinions on the stuff above Once again I don t have How's this setup look to you? all the money in the world Just looking to get kick shiznitch kick prices I know I could use more RAM but thats stuff I can get over time I just need something now to throw my p mhz with no fricken agp slot out the window BTW I m a gamer and will be wanted to run some of these newer games that will be coming out So I m looking for feedback on how this system will handle that stuff i ll have a good vid card and if this system will last me say a good years Also some feedback on newegg and tigerdirect would be good I ve never ordered stuff from em so once again need ur input Thanks guys i appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

Ive got a total of.. 8 fans all around my case and im wondering if I should all have them pulling air in or if some should pull air out too? Ive got 2 on the front of the case 2 on the side near the hard drives 1 on the back below the back panel 2 on the back side of the mobo and 1 on the door all blowing in. If this is fine thats cool but should I have any other directions?

Relevancy 24.94%

I have an Asus p4c800-dlx mobo and a P4 2.8cghz hyperthreading CPU.

I want to get a RAM setup that best utilizes my CPU and will give me the best bang for my buck with the whole dual channel etc that my mobo can handle.

I basically came to the descision that I can buy 2 gigs (4x512) of the slower ram, or I can go all out and buy some of that really high end OCZ or Corasair dual channel kit stuff. I've realized that 1 gig of the high end stuff is around the same price of the 2 gigs of lower end normal ram. I was just wondering which setup will get me the most performance? Thanks.

A:What do you think is the best RAM setup?

I say, go with one gig of the high performance for now. Trust me, even with *only* 1 GB of it, you'll still be screaming. Try out the one gig for awhile, if somehow its too slow for you, save up and buy another high quality gig of it. I think this would be your most valued course of action.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-is-the-best-ram-setup.223047/
Relevancy 24.94%

Having 2x 512mb 3200

OR

Having 2x 512mb 3200 + 2x 256mb 2700

?

Meeehhh...vamanos.

A:Which DDR setup is better?

why would u have 2 sets of ram with different frequencies, your pc will try to operate at the higher voltage for the 3200, which could fry the 2700, just spend 20 dollars to get more 3200.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-ddr-setup-is-better.81813/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been trying to help my sister with her computer but I have a serious problem I couldn t back up all of her stuff because I don t have a big enough hard disk to fit them all on She has too many pictures music files movies and docs I figured it would Help Need w/HDD Setup be easier to just install windows xp on a different disk and then use the original one as the slave device This setup worked fine but now something is wrong I can t access the quot Owner quot folder on the old drive It says quot Access Is Need Help w/HDD Setup Denied quot and reads kb for file size She s freaking out Need Help w/HDD Setup because she thinks all her files are gone I don t know what to do The old disk wasn t even installed when I formatted the new one so I can t see how everything would just get deleted All the files from the old Windows xp install are still there but I can t get into the owner folder to retrieve her files Can anyone help me with this nbsp

A:Need Help w/HDD Setup

How are the drivers jumpered?
If the old drive is jumpered as slave, and the new one as master you should have no problem.
No way to tell her the files are still there, but It appears your Windows on the old drive didn't like the change...
Hard drives are cheap nowadays... You can buy a 250 to 320 GB hard drive on several online sites for under $78... or an 80 GB for $41. 500 G B is $120 which should be enough even for your sister.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-w-hdd-setup.101340/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey everyone. I am finally about ready to buy my future system. I think i have just about what i need, but i would like to have some people tell me their opinions about it and make suggestions about it. I'm building a gamer computer.

Mobo
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice

Graphics Card
eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256MB PCI-Express

Power supply
XCLIO ATX 450W

Memory
CORSAIR 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR SDRAM DDR 400

Case
ASPIRE X-Dreamer

Well what do you think? I know its not going to be the ULTRA GAME SYSTEM, but i think it will be decent. I'm kinda on a budget :blush:

A:What about this setup??

For a budget system, I think your setup above will treat you very well, and once you feel it is too slow for you, you can always upgrade more in the future. Some great choices there!

I do question that power supply though. How many amps does it have on the 12v rail(s)? How much does it cost?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-about-this-setup.50794/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have set up my printer/fax according to instructions. I can recieve faxes but everytime I dial out to fax I cannot get any connection. Any tips or help ? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-fax-setup.336503/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up XP on my Windows 2000 SP4 Computer.
I know I installed the components into the computer, but it does'nt show up.
I have no experience In boot disks or anything else, so please speak slowly.

Thanks in Advance.

Relevancy 24.94%

what does setup.exe do?? it seems to eat a lot of process k on my old dell

A:setup.exe

Setup.exe is a file title used by various programs...to initiate installation in Windows. On older programs that have no setup.exe file, you will probably see an install.exe file.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6625615_function-setup-_exe-file_.html

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/setup.exe.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459482/setupexe/
Relevancy 24.94%

How do you determine whether one has a 32-bit or 64-bit setup? I am looking at a XP Media Center OS.

A:32-bit vs. 64-bit setup?

Have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32-bit-vs-64-bit-setup.714542/
Relevancy 24.94%

I need the key number for a bootlegged xp disk. Can anyone help.

A:XP Setup Key

Sorry this kind of discussion are not allow on TSG. You thread is being closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-setup-key.152599/
Relevancy 24.94%

when i download internet explore 8 the message i get is (the procedure entry point :SHREGGETVALUEW COULD NOT BE LOCATED IN THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY SHLWAAPI.DLL.could you good people assist in this matter. Thanks! ps the work you guy's and girls do is invaluable to us no nothings!Cheers! EDIT: Deleted duplicate post ~ Hamluis.

A:ie setup.exe

Hello ptts17. You posted the same message here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic319822.htmlIt's much better to keep discussion of issues in one topic. This will avoid confusion for you and anyone helping you. Moderators will be informed of the duplicate post, and one of them will be removed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319818/ie-setupexe/
Relevancy 24.94%

OK I have a HP Pavillion m8400f Desktop with Windows Vista 32bit. I have the retail windows 7 upgrade Home Premium. I have read all the forums and just need an answer.

I transferred my old files using the east transfer file program to my external hard drive (Windows Vista).

Now should I do a clean installation or custom installation of windows 7 and then transfer the files from the external drive of Windows Vista to windows 7.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Setup

Quote: Originally Posted by tedebrsweetness

OK I have a HP Pavillion m8400f Desktop with Windows Vista 32bit. I have the retail windows 7 upgrade Home Premium. I have read all the forums and just need an answer.

I transferred my old files using the east transfer file program to my external hard drive (Windows Vista).

Now should I do a clean installation or custom installation of windows 7 and then transfer the files from the external drive of Windows Vista to windows 7.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank You

Hi and welcome
Clean make sure that the vista version is the same as win 7 (ie Pro vista>>>pro win 7) Clean install is much better. It is recommended by MS and most of us here
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50876-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Umm...
I have 32bit XP Pro and MCE SEPARATELY ON CDs.
I also have Vista x64 and 7 x64 INSTALLED ON A SATA HDD.
I have Intel Pentium Dual Core x64

I have heard that this works for some people.

When I try to install XP via the MCE disc, it says:
Setup is starting Windows...

Then: A BSOD. I cannot remember what type.
This also happens with the Pro disc.

ACER MODEL NUMBER: ACER ASPIRE X1700

I need XP for a project, and VMs are too slow.
HELP

A:XP Setup on x64

Are you booting from the XP install CD?

What is the exact error message? Snap a pic if necessary to attach here.

Did you use Disk Management to shrink existing partitions to create a New partition to format using the XP CD?

It is likely that the SATA controllers for your Acer are not in the XP CD and need to be added at the F6 prompt during driver loading phase. They may need to be slipstreamed using Nlite if you have no floppy drive.

Please complete your System Specs as there isn't even an Acer model number there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/48931-xp-setup-x64.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I was trying to put an antivirus program on my computer and was attempting to install windows xp service pack 2. when i was prompted to restart the computer it gave me an error message saying that the file WINDOWS\inf\biosinfo.inf was missing or corupt and i don't know what to do to get it to start and i don't have a setup cd-rom.

A:don't have a setup cd-rom

Hi and welcome.
Do you have Norton Anti-virus installed?
Will it start in safe mode? Tap F8 at startup.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829784

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dont-have-a-setup-cd-rom.754608/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I want to set up MS Fax but Windows XP Pro
asks me to install the program from Service Pack 2.
So I ordered the CD of Service Pack 3 (SP2 is
suppose to be part of SP3).

I follow the instructions and get this

c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\fxsclnt.exe

Setup cannot copy the file

fxsdrv.dll

now what?
thanks in advance.

Mark S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-fax-setup.764168/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am attempting to install Win 7 64-bit on a system with XP Pro 32-bit installed. I created a new primary partition for Win7 and started the install. After selecting the partition, the setup process reports that it cannot install on that partition and that I should see the setup log file for more information.

Where is this file? It's not on my target partition (drive L, nor do I see it in the root of the C:\ partition. Does it exist somewhere, or how do I figure out what the problem is?

Is it permitted to install 64-bit Win 7 as a dual boot to Win XP Pro 32-bit?

Thanks.

Guy

A:Where is setup log?

The install files are located as below

$windows.~bt\Sources\Panther
Log location before Setup can access the drive.

$windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback
Log location when Setup rolls back in the event of a fatal error.

%WINDIR%\Panther
Log location of Setup actions after disk configuration.

%WINDIR%\Inf\Setupapi*.log
Used to log Plug and Play device installations.

%WINDIR%\Memory.dmp
Location of memory dump from bug checks.

%WINDIR%\Minidump\*.dmp
Location of log minidumps from bug checks.

%WINDIR%\System32\Sysprep\Panther
Location of Sysprep logs.

There from Technet for Windows 7
This may also help
Windows Vista setup log file locations
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927521

Can you see any files in the new partition from Windows XP after you tried to install Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/15449-where-setup-log.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I have previously used my Canon Pixma MP 130 printer on my computer, Its spec XP, Microsoft Office 2003 Internet Explorer and FireFox. However after running registry cleaner I found out I'm unable to scan, copy on printer. I decided to uninstalled printer software before reinstalling, the installation went through except for MP Navigator, since then have ran the InstantShield Setup Launcher but each time error Number 0x80040707 Description message appear. I click OK twice then message the software cannot be installed on your operating system.

Please help me with this I've been trying the whole week to find a solution.

Thank you for your help

Novelette

A:Setup

Trial,

Welcome to TSG!

See if the link below helps:

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5252325.html

or try this:

Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and click OK.

Double click Printer Spooler.

In the Recovery tab, make sure First failure: and Second falure: are set to Restart the Service.

In the General tab, set the Startup type: to Automatic.

Reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup.765101/