Windows Support Forum

Oblivion in game music skipping

Q: Oblivion in game music skipping

hey everbody,

i have a slight problem on my hands. when i play oblivion, the in-game music skips a lot. all the other sounds like footsteps/swords/battles/environments play perfectly fine but the background music won't stop skipping. I use a creative x-fi soundblaster xtreme music card to which i recently updated the drivers to and a sennheiser hd555 headset as well. I can provide any extra info needed.

thanks in advance,
funk

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Oblivion in game music skipping

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Oblivion in game music skipping

Do you take care of your oblivion disk? It may have a really bad scratch...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oblivion-in-game-music-skipping.92153/
Relevancy 61.92%

i use itunes to play my music and have also tried WMP

they both skip wen im playing music!!

and the only other avtice proigrams im running are AIM and IE

what could be the cause of this?

Relevancy 61.92%

I've been having this problem for quite a while now.

I will play a song through winamp (or any music player) and it will play but it will skip every so often. It seems like when there are processes going on in my computer. Im pretty sure its not the speakers because it will play fine and then start skipping. I recently added 1.5 GB of RAM to my laptop to put it at 2.0GB so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas?

A:music is skipping

Skipping generally occurs because the sound card/chip is CPU-intensive.There are other causes, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=m...ips&aqi=g10One alternative used to be to use an actual sound card, rather than onboard sound.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248472/music-is-skipping/
Relevancy 61.92%

anybody got a clue? i saw there was 30 people looked at my post, but no one responded. whats up with that?

is my computer screwed? i've tried defrag and disk cleanup to no avail.

just to refresh. windows media player music skipping like a scratched cd. even the guy on aol "you got mail" is choppy. when i turn the computer on and i get the power on music it does the same. i've even turned the volume down and shut off all "enhancements".

please, someone help me.

Relevancy 61.06%

I have an IBM think pad R e and am having trouble with the sound card i think i have a myspace account and my music sites music are certain skipping plays fine on it but when i go to a friends myspace music acct his skips horribly it sounds like a record that is skipping on a record player it works fine on my other computer so i know it isn t his myspace i have updated the drivers for the sound card which is integrated and it didn t help i have never had this happen before and am not sure what to certain music sites are skipping check I am running windows xp pro and have check for all the recent updates and run spyware and antivirus programs even though i certain music sites are skipping don t think this has anything to do with it i am just grabbing at straws the myspace music accts don t actually go thru windows media player so i don t think it is a problem with the media player even though i checked it also any ideas on what i should check would be greatly appreciated thanks so much in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-music-sites-are-skipping.768913/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I am having an issue when I stream music online-- the audio skips. I have this issue with Pandora and with AOL Online Music. There are times when it is not as bad, but most of the time it skips.

I have read many of the other threads on this subject and have followed all of the advice, without results:

My computer:

Dell Dimension DIM 2400
Pentuim (R) CPU 2.40GHz
2.39 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM

I have defragged my system; verified all the drivers are current; verified my audio card is current; verified my Flash is current; I've shut every other screen or application playing in the background; verified my IDP channels properties shows DMA rather than PIO; ran virus scans and Ad-Aware, all with no viruses.... and I still get the skipping....

I don't know what else I can check! Anyone have any other ideas??

Relevancy 61.06%

I am running Vista 32 with 3gb of memory and 500gb of hard drive space.

audio files are skipping quite often and video files are choppy at times

I have a gigabyte Motherboard with a P4 3.20 processor

the sound card is onboard so what do you suggest?
Thanks

Randy

Relevancy 61.06%

all of my music is skipping stuttering when I play it in any player... I have XP btw... with all my programs closed too... Ive tried pretty much everything... and been googling it all night! please help! thanks ~ JonModerator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:All My Music Skipping Stuttering

Might want to look for updates for your audio drivers. You could always go to the windows update site, and check the hardware updates. That or go to your manufacturers site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90781/all-my-music-skipping-stuttering/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi all,

i know its been posted before but i need help on this...

all of my music that has been burned and even the "you got mail" voice is skipping like a scratched cd!

it just started doing it this past week, and i've tried a few fixes but i can't figure it out.

i don't use the itunes, just the windows media player. i've even downloaded another player and it still skips.

any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-skipping-thru-all-songs.863026/
Relevancy 61.06%

Since I installed Windows XP Pro, my music files have been skipping at times. My mp3's from the HD would skip every 30 seconds if I move my mouse around or type while my cda's from the CD would skip more often than the mp3's. This never happened on 98/ME. I've played the files on different media players(WMP, Winamp 2x, 5x) so I know that can't be the problem. I have the latest DirectX 9.0b. I attached a image of my sound devices, which one would be my sound card or do I have to look another place? I looked for drivers for all of them, but no luck :( Is there an official site for them cause I can't find it. Thanks

A:Music Skipping/Stuttering

How about some details on the system? MB make/model, processor speed, sound card, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-skipping-stuttering-8851.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just got Oblivion and tried to play the game and after the intro it crashed to the desktop.
I can't figure out what is going on any ideas ?
These are the errors I keep getting.
C:\DOCUME~1\Snowy\LOCALS~1\Temp\4e6f_appcompat.txt
C:\DOCUME~1\Snowy\LOCALS~1\Temp\aee2_appcompat.txt
C:\DOCUME~1\Snowy\LOCALS~1\Temp\f2fd_appcompat.txt
C:\DOCUME~1\Snowy\LOCALS~1\Temp\2ff5_appcompat.txt
C:\DOCUME~1\Snowy\LOCALS~1\Temp\66a8_appcompat.txt

Relevancy 60.63%

My problem is this When I ran Oblivion With or without oldblivion it loads the menu but when Game' Oblivion crashes 'New on I click on new game it shows the crosshair for a second and then crashes - Error displayed by xfire is below It crashes with or without xfire running I assumed it was one of the mods causing problems but after deactivating all mods even after uninstalling cleaning settings and registry and then running it on a clean install it still has this same problem What intrigues me is that I have run it before with exactly Oblivion crashes on 'New Game' the same configuration and it worked fine Can anybody shed light on what might be causing it System Windows XP Home SP Athlon XP GHz MB RAM GeForce FX XT MB DirectX c Xfire s Error Report lt ExceptionReport Version quot quot gt lt Application Build quot quot Command quot amp quot C Oblivion Oblivion exe amp quot quot gt lt OperatingSystem Type quot quot gt lt Version Major quot quot Minor quot quot Build quot quot gt lt OperatingSystem gt lt Exception Code quot C quot Address quot DA quot gt lt Module Section quot quot Offset quot DA quot FileName quot C Oblivion Oblivion exe quot gt lt Exception gt lt Registers EAX quot quot EBX quot quot ECX quot FFFFFFF quot EDX quot quot ESI quot DAADD quot EDI quot EE quot CS quot B quot EIP quot DA quot SS quot quot ESP quot F quot EBP quot quot DS quot quot ES quot quot FS quot B quot GS quot quot Flags quot quot gt lt BackTrace gt lt BackTrace gt lt ExceptionReport gt Click to expand nbsp

A:Oblivion crashes on 'New Game'

without xfire running, does windows xp give you an error report for crashing , if so plz tell us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-crashes-on-new-game.547137/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently defragmented my drive and used Disk Clean up and have encountered some problems I also de-installed Norton Internet Security because - music skipping WMP computer Slow it was giving me problems and installed Norton Anti-virus instead I don t know if this is related to any of those things but since about the time that I defragmented my computer has been really slow and whenever I try to play any music file using Windows Media player the music is not continuous and it skips every couple of seconds while the Slow computer - WMP skipping music hard drive seems to be working on something else even though I have no other programs Slow computer - WMP skipping music running All these music Slow computer - WMP skipping music files are saved on my hard drive and it doesn t matter which one I play they all skip When I open task manager I also noticed that I have several copies of svchost exe running about seven of them Can anyone please help me Thanks so much Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts Ser il ui html amp zy l amp ltmpl yj blanco amp ltmplcache R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf laptop O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run S... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

ya all my music files no matter what player are skipping glitching stuttering it sucks hah any help is Music Stuttering Messing Skipping Up appreciated thanksLogfile Music Messing Up Skipping Stuttering of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Music Messing Up Skipping Stuttering Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Skeezer Desktop My DOC's My DOC's Programzzz AIM and DEAD aim exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC DOCUME Skeezer Desktop MYDOC' MYDOC' PROGRA ZONEAL ZONEAL zlclient exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run igfxtray ... Read more

A:Music Messing Up Skipping Stuttering

anyone?! any help here? thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91195/music-messing-up-skipping-stuttering/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have been burning cd's for a week now, and have had several songs sound as if they were not recorded correctly.

When I play the cd in my 2000 honda most songs sound great, but a few are horrible.

I took the cd and put it back in my cd/rm and the same song sounds fine.

I have not used the cd im my car until now, and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

My burner indicates a successful burn after every cd, and after playing the cd in the burner appears OK, I wonder if car cds could be faulty, or not sensing all the tracks I recorded?

Also some songs seem to not be fully recorded.

If nobody has any input, I probably will try the dealer.

Relevancy 60.2%

i installed it and tried to get into a the game i clicked on oblivion exe from the root folder and got a error saying its had to close then i tried the other exe option launcher i think its called then a menu poped up quot checking hardward quot something the error starting when oblivion game PC like that then seconds later your graphics card suck basicaly setting settings oblivion PC error when starting the game to median im like ok thats fine for me i only wana play the game but then as soon as i press play bam error had to close why is this happening im useing a no cd crack on it because iv had to give my mate his disk back as its his game not mine my specs are vista home preminum gb ram sharded graphics intel gm chipset GHz core duo if i can even get it on low setting this will be fine foe me i have this on my xbox aswell and have G but oblivion PC error when starting the game i wana play it on my laptop when im out n about cod this game owns nbsp

A:oblivion PC error when starting the game

Hi

Its probably just me, but i don't trust laptops much. Thats probably not ur problem though. You problem seems pretty weird and wide ranging. I'd suggest trying some of these options:
- Try downloading the freeware "oldblivion" and using that.
- Try getting a new cd crack.
- Get your friend to burn the disc.
- Update your graphics driver.
- Get one of them vista hotfixes off the internet. I also happen not to trust vista too, but people say that many Vista problems are just cause they don't have the hotfixes.

Hope it helps. Oblivion is an awesome game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-pc-error-when-starting-the-game.692153/
Relevancy 60.2%

I ve had Oblivion for a long time now played it through many times but I recently upgraded my video card ATI Radeon Pro to an nVidia GeForce GS as well as upgrading my RAM from Gb to Gb and I m now unable to get Oblivion to run The game starts up I hear the music for the intro movie I can hit escape to skip it then I see the menu options Continue New Load etc but I have no mouse cursor no background Unable game start to Oblivion: etc I ve been unable to actually CLICK on anything to see if it works beyond that Oblivion: Unable to start game menu but I Oblivion: Unable to start game would imagine it doesn t P I ve tried re-installing updating drivers etc and nothing seems to be working my computer s specs are AMD Sempron Ghz nVidia GeForce GS Gb RAM Windows XP Service Pack DirectX c Thanks for any help I appreciate it If you d like to see the dxdiag report just let me know and I ll be happy to post it nbsp

A:Oblivion: Unable to start game

Maybe your PSU is insufficient or maybe your old ATI drivers let some files on your system. Try using the utility driver cleaner and remove anything leading to ati. You removed the ati drivers before installing your Nvidia didn't u?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-unable-to-start-game.617707/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have been stuck key Game(Oblivion) in [SOLVED] '~'; Disabled in my game at times and realized that there is a quot cheat quot console that can be activated by the quot quot key but when i press it nothing happens i have learned through my days of research that it has to with a Built in IR receiver that is for some reason blocking the in vista all you have to do is disable the quot [SOLVED] Disabled '~'; key in Game(Oblivion) ITECIR Infrared Receiver EC quot in the device manager [SOLVED] Disabled '~'; key in Game(Oblivion) I have tried this countless times on my machine and the disable function is greyed all i can do is uninstall but i dont want to that in case in the future i want to us an IR i wount have to hunt for the driver But i heard online that it doesnt matter if you uninstall it when yuo reboot it will just replace it with a new one Im not usually one for using cheats but i really got myself stuck I have checked and i do have the permissions to disable it but it wont let me if someone can help me that will be great if this helps my machine is a Dell Studio XPS thank you in advance

A:[SOLVED] Disabled '~'; key in Game(Oblivion)

Hello botbry,

I hope this will fix your issue.

Quote:

"If you have a new system with the Microsoft eHome devices, these will conflict with the program being able to read the scan code for the tilde key from the keyboard. Those Microsoft eHome devices or drivers need to be disabled in order to allow the game to "see" the tilde key being pressed. The MIRC (Microsoft Infrared Remote Control) seems to disable the tilde (~) key in both Oblivion and Morrowind. Simply disconnecting the MIRC from the USB port will fix this issue."

Bethesda Fix

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-disabled-key-in-game-oblivion-398082.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok, i have 2 pc. One has Window Xp installed, and other has Window Vista 32 bit Basic Installed.

If i move my save file from one pc to another, will i get to continue from where i left off? I dont feel like starting all over.

A:Oblivion. Saved game question.

yes i did this with mine. just move saved file to the right folder after install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-saved-game-question.694047/
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok I have this crash on oblivion when i go to the main menu and i press new game and not even the cutscene before the character creation starts and i did of course delete the oblivion.ini, did a reinstall but i dont really know wth is going on ive been at this for about a month and a half and trying to solve this stupid problem....

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I recently reinstalled Oblivion on my computer, and whenever I run the game and start a new game it locks up and crashes.

My system specs are:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40ghz processor
3gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT video card

Solutions i've tried so far:

Uninstalling / reinstalling the game.
Deleting Oblivion game folder including Oblivion.ini found under User/My Documents/Games/Oblivion
Disabling UAC and running the game
Running the game as administrator

Thanks,

Matt

Relevancy 60.2%

I recently installed Oblivion but it crashes a few second after I start a new game I can create my character load new and on crashes game Oblivion and load the game and then play a few seconds before I get an error message If I load the autosave it crashes immediately after the load bar is full If I stand still it won t crash untill I do something attack or walk and if I walk up to the cell door the guy starts talking as the game freezes I don t know how to fix this and I d really appreciate some tips I m running on an Intel i processor with Windows -bit XFX Radeon HD video card and an XFX x i motherboard I Oblivion crashes on new game and load have installed all the latest drivers for my video card motherboard and sound card I have reinstalled the game but Oblivion crashes on new game and load that didn t change anything I am running Oblivion without any mods and turning the video settings down to the lowest doesn t help Please help Edit I experimented a bit and found out it crashes immediately on quit game and load game even if loading a manual save but not immediately after starting a new game I hope this information helps nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey

I was playing Oblivion on the default settings when I realized that I could play on a higher resolution because I have a good graphics card.
It was going fine for a while yet the last time I tried to play the game kept freezing on me.
I tried lowering the resolution and graphics but to no avail it still freezes.
I'm kinda confused now.
If it helps just recently I had Roxio on my computer and it refuses to uninstall properly. Everytime I start my computer an error comes on screen saying I need to run Roxio setup.exe which is complete Bull. I doubt this is connected to my video problem but Im not positive.

Anyway my main problem is the freezing of video during gameplay of Oblivion.

Can anyone help?

A:Computer freezing in Oblivion game

I solved (most of) my Oblivion lockups by editing Oblivion.ini, lowering iThreads and iNumHavokThreads values. Apparently the engine not that well multithreaded.

As for Roxio, you might be able to disable that startup thing with msconfig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-in-oblivion-game.134877/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I have an RM CY laptop Samsung manufactured running Windows XP GB IDE HDD Ghz Intel PM CPU MB RAM I use it for DJ-ing at parties etc Well i was GOING to to ideas? and jumpy skipping, playback Music any use it but the music playback is terrible when i use my DJ program OTS DJ If Music playback jumpy and skipping, any ideas? i play through windows media player its Music playback jumpy and skipping, any ideas? is slightly better but i need to play it through my DJ program The program is fine as alot of my DJ friends use it with no problems I updated my sound driver AC Realtek to the most recent version I checked the hard drive for errors using MHDD and there are no slow sectors I checked for Viruses using AVG and non were found i tried a different CPU and still the same Im currently running Memtest on the RAM but it seems fine and its nearly done testing Im totally stumped im quite proficient with computers but this is really bugging me and i can t seem to fix it Anyone had any similar problems or has any ideas to fix this issue Only thing i can think is that the motherboard is faulty but everything else on the laptop works fine besides i dont want to fork out for a new motherboard Any ideas would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-playback-jumpy-and-skipping-any-ideas.687376/
Relevancy 59.77%

I used ImgBurn to burn some MP3s to a CD. Once burned most skip, with blank bits of silence (they sound perfect on the PC players). Even though the burner was tested to check everything and was used at half its speed. I then, just for testing purposes took those same MP3s and put them through Audacity, did a checksum thing, deleted the first few and last few 'empty' seconds from the MP3 files, added 2 seconds of silence and then converted them to wav--all this to test and see if the skipping would still happened and it did. So is problem the actual CDs, is it my CD/DVD Burner ( a brand new one) Or is it the files themselves? and if the files how can one test such files (and fix them) in order to avoid wasting CDs? thank you
Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST i

A:Burned CD music skipping--multiple culprits possible

How much trial and error experimentation can you do---do you have another burning app? Another burner? Another brand of blank CDs to try?

Have you ever successfully burned CDs with Imgburn using this same batch of discs? If so, I'd suspect the new burner, particularly if it seems to happen on a wide variety of songs from various sources.

I've never had a problem with Imgburn and I assume you've successfully used it previously?

You might try CDBurnerXP as it has a good rep too:

CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

I use Taiyo Yuden blanks, which are high quality. Some burners are known to be finicky about what brands of CDs they like.

I tend to burn at 12x or 16x. I've only occasionally had skips and it seemed to be an issue with my playback unit rather than the burn--usually the playback was perfect.

There are mp3 testing apps such as mp3val, but I've never found them to be highly accurate. Sometimes a supposedly bad mp3 will play fine with no apparent defects and sometimes an audibly defective mp3 will pass all tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/328915-burned-cd-music-skipping-multiple-culprits-possible.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Alright. I 've had oblivion for a while but after about a week of playing it the sounds (all sounds/music) turn high pitched and then stay like that unless i restart the game after quitting. But even then...the sound will do it again after 2 min. of playing. If its any help, it usually happens if my character is in attack mode, or moving quickly. Please, can anyone help.

A:WHY IS THE AUDIO IN MY OBLIVION GAME SOUND LIKE CHIPMUNKS??!! somebody please help!

It is almost certainly a driver issue or a DX issue. Update both. The last DX update I did wouldn't use the web installer and I had to download the entire June/July?(not sure) SDK pack and install it.

It includes all the patches to date so....................... Yeah it sucks but I had to do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-the-audio-in-my-oblivion-game-sound-like-chipmunks-somebody-please-help.602285/
Relevancy 59.34%

Well this has to be a first in gaming history On Bug breaking Shivering game Oblivion: Isles Easter Weekend a potentially game breaking bug was discovered in the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion Shivering Isles reference bug explained on The Elder Scrolls wiki It took very little time for a user created mod to be developed that while not eliminating the bug slowed down the degradation enough to make the game playable explained in the wiki article Here less than days later Bethesda has introduced a patch still in BETA for now that addresses the issue Has any game maker ever responded so quickly to fix a problem that was sending their fans into a tizzy Lets hope Bethesda is Oblivion: Shivering Isles game breaking Bug starting a new trend in customer relations here Oblivion: Shivering Isles game breaking Bug I give them a hearty thumbs up for their speedy response and am keeping my fingers crossed that the beta patch pans out ok and is soon released in final version SHIVERING ISLES BETA PATCH v SHIVERING ISLES Version Beta release notes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-shivering-isles-game-breaking-bug.560783/
Relevancy 59.34%

I in-stalled oblivion today and i had to re-install it for some reason or another. But my idot friend deleted it without installing it. now when i go to re-instal it it just says do you want to remove oblivion. I click yes. Than uninstallation complete. But i go to in-stall it and the same thing would you like to un-install oblivion :*(. cannot install it again. It wont let me

I have tryed the add/remove program thing, but the same result.
please help.

Relevancy 59.34%

Ok, as for lately I wanted to get back into Oblivion, While I was waiting for the install i found the shivering isle patch, I had problems at first intalling the patch but it worked after a while.

And Now as before I installed the shivering isle patch Whenever i click enter or any other key on my laptop the game quits,
I do find that vista has solution?'s for this, but the solutions said that to update to the latest oblivion patch, wich i did..

Now this comes to my question: How can I fix oblivion from crashing if i click enter on the intro?

Ps: the game quits itself even after I get to the page where character making is.

Thanks in advance.
Shiaru

A:Problems with a game called: Oblivion please read.

Hello Shiaru

Welcome to TSF

I know the game you talk about and there is alot of issues with regards to the game. It is not clear what is causing the issues but there is a couple of things we can try

We'll start with the easier things first

Compatibility

1. Right click on Oblivion
2. Select Properties
3. Under the compatibility tab select Run compatibility and select windows XP (Service pack 2)

4. Try running the game

Download and install the most recent version of DirectX

1. To download the latest version of DirectX, visit the Microsoft Site
2. Click Get the Latest DirectX Here
3. Click Continue, and then click Download.
4. Click Run two times.
5. Click I accept the agreement, and then click Next.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.
8. Run the game

Change the graphics hardware acceleration

1. firstly open Personalisation
Start\Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization
2. Click Display Settings.
3. Click Advanced Settings.
4. Click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change settings.
5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider one notche to the left of Full to the Disable cursor and bitmap accelerations setting.
6. Click OK, and then click Restart Now.
7. After the computer restarts, test the game.
8. Test the game.

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-a-game-called-oblivion-please-read-235920.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I play a game called Oblivion. SpySweeper came up and said Oblivion.exe was a Trojan horse. I have searched all over the net and understand that Backdoor.Oblivion is a trojan horse.

My question is: Is Backdoor.Oblivion associated with the game Oblivion???
Please help!! My dad wants to wipe the whole thing off the computer.

A:Oblivion.exe: Trojan Or Safe Game File?

Be honest here...i mean really honest. Is the legitimate commercial version of oblivion that you purchased?

Or is this a cracked oblivion that you had to copy the oblivion.exe over the original one? Lots of cracked games are malware as well...yeah you get a free copy but are now infected with something.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63891/oblivionexe-trojan-or-safe-game-file/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I am experiencing small, but rather frequent skips at seemingly random times during online games, such as Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Team Fortress 2. My ping stays at a content 30-60 at most times, and my wireless connection is at the maximum five bars. I recently installed a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Card in my PC, which is getting a clear signal from my other computer. Other internet activities such as web browsing function very well, the only issue being that online game skipping. Single player games work well, so I'm almost certain it's an issue with my connection. My specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64 bit Operating System
ATI Radeon 5770 Graphics Card
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro Motherboard
AMD Phenom II Black Edition Multi-Core Processor
Hitachi SATA Hard Drive 1 TB
Ultra 750 Watt ATX Power Supply
LG Super Multi DVD Drive
Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Card

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have had my new pc for a few months now and I have noticed within the past couple weeks or so I get these REALLY ANNOYING audio glitches during music playback. Like a 3 second metallic skipping noise every so often.....maybe once a song. At first I thought it was iTunes but the problem also happens when playing music on the emusic website. I tried uninstalling the realtek audio drivers and having windows 7 reinstall them but no luck. any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps-8500-music-skipping-grinding-buzzing.1092131/
Relevancy 58.91%

Title says it all. I haven't installed or done anything different. The mouse lags, video and audio skips every second. It's constant, like literally every second. Never more, never less. It's not random skipping. I have had this laptop for 3 years. It works perfectly. This isn't RAM related. I have a gig of RAM and like I said it ran perfect before...any help on what is causing this would be appreciated.

A:Computer Mouse, Video, And Music Lagging Or Skipping

And also, I just did a complete reinstall of windows. So it's not a virus, etc..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157518/computer-mouse-video-and-music-lagging-or-skipping/
Relevancy 58.91%

Operating on Windows XP Alright I dont know too much about computers but a friend sent my HP Pavilion to Staples to be fixed Music/Audio/Cursor Skipping + Problem Symbols as a birthday present and apparently the kid didnt know what he was doing because I have once been walked through restarting my laptop from scratch and did a better job with the help from a friend Problems My cursor skips and my music audio graphics do as well I do not know why and am pretty illiterate with computers so I dare not mess with it without help My keys are all scrambled it seems the characters are where they are meant to be but the symbols for the most part are all over the place I have had people tell me to change the language of my keyboard for my laptop but I am in Music/Audio/Cursor Skipping + Symbols Problem Canadian multilingual Standard and this is my question mark I change it to English Canada and this is still my question mark I have found the question mark since For the one language its shift in the other its shift Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated though more so the skipping as I can deal with my lack of symbols at least for now If you need any certain information to help please let me know and I will make an attempt to find it -Ktcm nbsp

A:Music/Audio/Cursor Skipping + Symbols Problem

Alright so I am fairly certain I posted this in the wrong topic, or at least half in the wrong topic. x_x; Sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-audio-cursor-skipping-symbols-problem.913579/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have been having this issue for a while. I tried to re-pair and restart but nothing works. My audio keeps skipping/stuttering every 5-8 seconds when I listen to music streamed through Bluetooth to my car. It happens with both Groove and Pandora. I have a Lumia 722. Any suggestions?

A:Bluetooth Music Skipping in 2016 Honda Civic EX-T

722? Do you mean 822? You mention Groove so you must be running an insider WM10? Perhaps check for updates.
What do you think of the Civic? Was looking at those... :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434053-bluetooth-music-skipping-2016-honda-civic-ex-t.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Okay, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.
The start screen comes up, but when I click "play" a small black window titled Oblivion comes up. However, it will not let me enlarge the window or change from simply a black screen. It says it is not responding in task manager, and I have to end the program.

I have an Inspiron 1420 with Vista. I checked and my system meets all minimum requirements, and my video card driver is up to date.

Help anyone, please?

A:The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion issue---My game won't work

Have you patched the game with the latest patch for it.

Here is the link for a list of patches.

The Elder Scrolls

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/233714-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-issue-my-game-wont-work.html
Relevancy 58.48%

heres the side note on the game below

Note on Windows XP Compatibility for this title: The MIDI music option slows the game engine down considerably on Windows XP. It's recommended to use the CD-DA (full CD sound) music option so that the game plays at a normal speed.

is there any way i can set it up to keep the engine from slowing and not use the cd da,its a pretty old windows game and im sick of hearing my cd rom drive spin.its a cheap and therefor a loud one

thx for the help
should this have gone in the win xp section instead of the gaming section?

A:midi music option slows game engine down(slow game play) in windows xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/midi-music-option-slows-game-engine-down-slow-game-play-in-windows-xp.187952/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey its been a while now since I've been having these problems So I've fianlly decided to post on a forum and ask for help I have windows xp sp on a dual core p Ghz processor MB of ram My computer used to work perfectly well before all of a sudden these problems started occurring I have formatted my windows a hundred times but after a couple of days the problems arise again Okay so to start with my windows is taking forever to music really slow varying, computer CPU skipping/glitching, working usage Help! load Once it loads the windows introductory sound skips and glitches as it is with all the other music i play with itunes or any other software When I play a video the video also skips Help! CPU usage varying, music skipping/glitching, computer working really slow and makes weird sounds Help! CPU usage varying, music skipping/glitching, computer working really slow My computer is being very slow with everything When I open the task manager I see the CPU usage varying constantly from to upto percent even when the windows is idle and system idle process is at a constant percent The system image is using k plus memory I thought it might be important in some way so I've mentioned it All this is really annoying Is it a virus malware or something I have AVG anti-virus and everybody has told me its pretty good Or is it a hardware problem with RAM or whatever Please help me I'm clueless and I really don't want to reformat my windows AGAIN I'm posting my hijackthis log for you guys just incase it helps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe F Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe F Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts auto search msn es O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- ... Read more

A:Help! CPU usage varying, music skipping/glitching, computer working really slow

this is my problem as well.
my comp seems fine but after starting any major progam [games ect]
after about 5 mins they slow down heaps the music from media player starts skipping and cpu reaches 100% however this was not always true. ive ran this sort of thing 100s of times before and the cpu stays well below 50%

i was considering reformat but apparently it wont work?

btw my system idle processes are at 90-99 as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-cpu-usage-varying-music-skipping-glitching-computer-working-really-slow-411251.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey its been a while now since I've been having these problems So I've fianlly decided to post on a forum and ask for help I have windows xp sp on a dual core p Ghz processor MB of ram My computer used to work music really usage CPU skipping/glitching, computer varying, working Help! slow perfectly well before all of a sudden these problems started occurring I Help! CPU usage varying, music skipping/glitching, computer working really slow have formatted my windows a hundred times but after a couple of days the problems arise again Okay so to start with my windows is taking forever to load It used to take not more than - minutes to load but now it takes atleast minutes Once it loads the windows introductory sound skips and glitches as it is with all the other music i play with itunes Help! CPU usage varying, music skipping/glitching, computer working really slow or any other software A few times when I open my itunes it gives me the message that itunes has been corrupted but than it wokrs fine When I play a video the video also skips and makes weird sounds My computer is being very slow with everything When I open the task manager I see the CPU usage varying constantly from to upto percent even when the windows is idle and system idle process is at a constant percent The system image is using k plus memory I thought it might be important in some way so I've mentioned it All this is really annoying Is it a virus malware or something I have AVG anti-virus and everybody has told me its pretty good Or is it a hardware problem with RAM or whatever Please help me I'm clueless and I really don't want to reformat my windows AGAIN I'm posting my DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Hassaan at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon ... Read more

A:Help! CPU usage varying, music skipping/glitching, computer working really slow

To add to the problems I just encountered another one: I got the disk read error while starting the computer. I restarted and it worked fine though. I've got this error many times before and had to reformat my computer each time but it doesn't work. This is pretty annoying. The computer is still very slow and the cpu usage now varies even to a broader range (uptill 100 to initially). Can someone please help me?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-cpu-usage-varying-music-skipping-glitching-computer-working-really-slow-411511.html
Relevancy 51.17%

does anybody know what the music is they have in hl2 for like battles, like the techno / trance sorta music? thanks

A:hl2 game music

not sure, but this link might provide a lead:
http://halflife2.filefront.com/news/HalfLife_2_Soundtrack_Info_Now_Available;14451

I found lots of references on google (some not so good) so I'm sure it's there somewhere. I typed "HL2 soundtrack." Apparently it's available for purchase with the Gold Edition, so someone is bound to have the information you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hl2-game-music.491704/
Relevancy 51.17%

Okay, i can listen to music, and play a game. But i can not at the same time.... Why? I wish i knew.

When i try to play music while on a game (maple story) all i hear is a screeching noise. I cant hear anything except a high-pitch screech-like noise. Please help. It gets a little boring without music!

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.17%

i have purchesed the classic game of quake2 only when i stick it in the cd drive to try and install it it cones up as music tracks is this because the game is to old for my computer ? anyway to fix it ? thanx

A:Game comes up as music????

Howdy,

Go to Start>>Computer and right click the cd\DVD drive and Explore the CD and see if it has a Setup.exe...if so double click on it and see if that start the install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-comes-up-as-music.910786/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a MSI K T Neo motherboard socket AMD processor M ram an gig Western Digital drive and a gig one I am running Windows XP everything working Both my drives register and I have ran successful diagnostic programs however every once in awhile I hear a sound like a fan kicking in then shutting off right away Whenever this occurs any program skipping...temp. skipping drive hard programs running lock up and quot Program Not Responding quot shows up If I click cancel every hard drive skipping...temp. program skipping once in awhile the program will resume If that takes too long I end program and I can usually go back into it and have it work fine until the next random glitch I am not sure if this sound is one of the drives or something else Sometimes it will do it a couple times in a row every once in awhile a blue windows error screen pops up saying something about a kernel issue I am not familiar with kernels All my disk drives show up on my motherboards BIOS so I do not believe they are corrupt Windows will restart if I power up my computer after a crash The type of program operating doesn t seem to make a difference in this glitch it can happen even if the computer is idle Is this hard disk problems power issues Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Recently, I got a problem out of nowhere. My games stopped playing MP3-based music. Sound effects work, MP3 music doesnt (think of games like the Elder Scrolls series, and Gamemaker games). Oddly, the MP3's play fine in Windows Media Player or any other audio player. I have been sorting this out and tried various things.

I have tried:
- Reinstalling and updating audio drivers
- Reinstalling and trying various versions of DirectX 9
- Reinstalling the games which had problems
- Restarting (obviously)

I am not going to do a fresh install of Windows XP, it's not a good solution because I DO mind losing my files and settings.

UPDATE: It's not DirectX, I tried various versions. It's not a codec or driver, I updated all to the max. And in Vista, all sound works fine, so it's not hardware-related.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-in-game-mp3-based-music.694291/
Relevancy 50.31%

Just a question, what is better to use for music while playing a game and having it overlay (suggest other programs if you think they're good), Windows Media or Itunes?

A:In game music opinion

Any will work. One won't be "better" than another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-game-music-opinion.1131214/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had this problem for about - months now my laptop acer aspire with windows vista will not play dvd's or music game cd's some of which I used to use regularly mainly games but it read the installation cd I got with a printer a couple of months back without any problems so I don't understand what's going on When I put a cd dvd in the dvd drive I can hear it trying to read the disc but nothing happens discs are clean and if i click on the dvd drive icon in my computer it just says quot please insert a disc in drive E quot I tried today to scan the drive with avast and got this message scan was completed with an error error the device is not ready I hope you guys can help fix this I don't really know what info about my laptop would be usefull to you but if you let me know and I will post again music/game cd's can't dvd's play or what I have Thank you

A:can't play dvd's or music/game cd's

You cannot scan...an optical disk drive, you can only scan the media that the component has/reflects.Hence, the error.You may want to try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316529.Although this is a somewhat standard attempt to resolve optical drive issues...it is a registry edit.Prior to beginning such, you need to back up your registry.ERUNT Registry Backup Tool - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/erunt.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323247/cant-play-dvds-or-musicgame-cds/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey...when i get to oblivion during the Installsheild Wiz. I get about halfway done and it says when im about to install to c:\Oblvion-Textures-Compressed.Bsa

A message pops up sayin File Transfer Error:
file = E:\Data3.cab
Component=oblivion
Error=Incorrect Function
I retryed 4-5 Times...Same error
i Run Windows xp(Sucks...)
Have 9.57/17.9 Gb Of Memory on C:
But it wont work and i need hjelp TYahnks

A:Oblivion error:when installing Oblivion

if its dying on the same file everytime its probably a scratch on the CD. Can you copy the file manually to the HD? If not, you will most likely need to either repair or replace the cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-error-when-installing-oblivion.780380/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello.

I am having this problem when i play a game or listen to music on my PC and talk on ventrilo or skype with someone else they hear both my voice and all the sounds generated by my PC.

For example i play a game online or listen to music and my friends on skype or ventrilo can hear the sound effects or the music coming from the game as well.

I am using the latest Realtek HD driver and Windows 7.

A:Need help: game, music, etc sounds going through microphone.

right click the speaker icon on your tray choose playback devices , make a screenshot
repeat the step but choose recording devices, make a screenshot.
Please upload and attach that to your next post so I can see what's going on with your audio devices.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/173471-need-help-game-music-etc-sounds-going-through-microphone.html
Relevancy 49.88%

About 1 hour ago, when I launched Firefox, a continuous loop of "music" began to play. This did not happen in IE8 or Chrome. It does not happen with some other programs. Will system restore work to get rid of whatever problem I am having? - OS is Vista Business. I have Norton Antivirus running. A quick scan did not detect any problems.

A:Firefox plays "game-like" music

Ouch! Google has scammed me! The sounds come from Google's home page. They have a pacman game as their tittle. Cute but very annoying.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318205/firefox-plays-game-like-music/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all,

Recently bought Assassin's Creed (awesome game) from Steam, and ran into some issues.

The game itself is awesome, Ubisoft is not. I can no longer hear voices in cutscenes, and have searched the internet and found no fix.

Anyways, this whole ordeal has made me think about getting a separate sound card from my RealTek built-in audio.
Mostly because of Realteks terrible support, but also because I have heard that I should get better sound quality from it.

The issue is that I have no idea what to look for in a sound card, don't know any good brands (except that I don't like Creative), and don't want to spend much (broke college student )

Any thoughts?

~Lordbob

A:Sound Cards and Music/Game settings

This is a complete stab in the dark, from a non-expert.... but maybe worth a try, as it wouldn't cost anything to try, I don't think. My computer has the Realtek hardware that you see in my system specs, but my uncle , who built the machine, never put the Realtek drivers on it.....he said it is running the built-in Windows sound driver.

Maybe it's worth trying that with the game before you buy a sound card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/120422-sound-cards-music-game-settings.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I'm CrazyKilla I play a lot of games and have a set of buttons on my keyboard which can regulate sound method in-game? good a controlling music there for Is such as increase and decrease volume pause and play and change songs These buttons do not work on some games e g Skyrim and they do on some games e g Counter-Strike GO I'm fine with all the buttons other than the volume changer as it Is there a good method for controlling music in-game? changes the master volume of everything that comes out of my headphones I'd like to know if there is some software hardware or maybe both that I could get that could give me better control of these things e g a sort of USB or wireless device that can be used to control my music I use iTunes which isn't very good so I'm fine with changing to a better program I have also ordered a bluetooth USB so that I can use my phone to control the music but I don't like Is there a good method for controlling music in-game? using my phone as I have to have it with me all the time which I never do Also what is your opinion on sound cards I've never Is there a good method for controlling music in-game? had one and never needed one I use my on-board sound hardware and it has done me fine up to the point where I got my msi board and my microphone stopped working with Realtek drivers Does sound quality increase much with a sound card and is it worth blowing some money on one What are it's real advantages Also can someone recommend me a headphone set that has great audio quality and surround sound

A:Is there a good method for controlling music in-game?

When you play a game it usually have it's own set of controls for sound and simply take over from windows controls and the keyboard.
As far as discrete sound cards go, some are better and some even worse than built in CODEC chips. It would have to be much better (and expensive) card to have noticeably better sound than modern on-board chips.
P.S. Antivirus is not "for pussies" any more than helmet when driving motorcycle or spare parachute, it's for smart people.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/51015-there-good-method-controlling-music-game.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Guys,
Please help me figure what happened with my PC. It status is not bad but sometimes while i watch the movie or listen music or surf web or play game, i still get the BSOD Page fault in non-paged area. This make me feel uncomfortable . So i post here to ask for expert in field about this to resolve my pc problems. Thanks in advance.

I have just updated 2 new dump files, please have a look and show me some guidance. Thanks in advance !

A:BSOD sometimes daily use PC, surf web, music, movie, game

thid maybe a bad sector in your hard disk or the files in the system maybe curropted

I recommend re-installing windows

if you don't have CD or USB download windows image

once download is finished download WinNT setup and follow the instroctions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66545-bsod-sometimes-daily-use-pc-surf-web-music-movie-game.html
Relevancy 48.59%

What will happen is I ll open up Firefox go to Facebook most common and then attempt to go to one of my applications As soon as the application play to game crash try I a Firefox music online. whenever and IE or page is IE and Firefox crash whenever I try to play a game or music online. fully loaded you can IE and Firefox crash whenever I try to play a game or music online. t click anywhere on that screen without Firefox or Internet Explorer telling me the program is not responding The whole window then whites out and I have to close it This happens with Slacker com pandora com NetFlix com basically any site that I use for media or entertainment I can open my emails just fine as long as IE and Firefox crash whenever I try to play a game or music online. I don t ask it to open a media file sent from someone Both Internet Explorer and Firefox are up to date I run various cleaners to remove spyware and malware I ve changed the security settings on both browsers and nadda No matter what I do they still freeze I m close to saving all my documents and starting over with this laptop Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem Or even WHY my BRAND NEW DELL LAPTOP is doing this I can t use my laptop for any of the things I normally do online I need HELP Thanks for anyone s help

A:IE and Firefox crash whenever I try to play a game or music online.

Zog, I know nothing about Windows 7. What I do know is that sometimes computer security programs can cause weird and wacky issues. With that in mind I'll throw this out for you to consider:

Your laptop is new. Did it come with security software? If so, did you install it or have you installed a different program?
What firewall/antivirus are you using? You might want to experiment with turning an installed firewall (turn on the one included with Windows first) to see what will happen.
This is a total shot in the dark, but sometimes shots in the dark hit the target.
If it works, great. If not, someone with a knowledge of your OS may have some suggestions for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272968/ie-and-firefox-crash-whenever-i-try-to-play-a-game-or-music-online/
Relevancy 47.73%

hello eceryone
help,

A:audio driver lagging when listen music , video and play game

I'm not sure your post will get much attention without some details. Try describing the problem in excruciating detail with many examples.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/305778-audio-driver-lagging-when-listen-music-video-play-game.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I run Windows XP with P4 2.0 GHz and 256 of RAM, but when ever i play games online for a short time, my computer freezes. Also, when i play songs for say an hour or even less, the computer freezes. I don't know what is the problem. This happens at least twince in a day.

The other disgusting problem is that, at times, the computer goes off unceremonously whiles working. This also happens at least once in a day.

Buddies, i really need help to solve this problem.

A:My Computer Freezes when i play game online or play music

Sounds like a build up of heat, the most common cause of 'freezing' try running with the case side off and see if there is improvement, if there is you need to add more cooling, making sure your current fans are working properly and are clear of fluff and muck can improve cooling performance dramatically especially the CPU fan and heatsink.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-freezes-when-i-play-game-online-or-play-music-14185.html
Relevancy 38.7%

The Sonos Music System can stream music from the internet to ever room in your house wirelessly. To do this one of its components is connected to a router using ethernet cable. However I want to stream music from my external Hard drive via my Thomson TG782T Router to the Sonos Music System.
My Question is: Do I just connect the external Hard drive to the USB port of the Thomson TG782T Router or is it more complicated.
In the absence of detailed instruction (Thomson TG782T Router Manual) i need advise on how to go about it (i.e. test steaming music from this Ext Hard Drive via the router to a PC), prior to purchasing the Sonos Music System.

Thanks is advance.

A:Stream music from External Hard Drive via router and Sonos Music System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stream-music-from-external-hard-drive-via-router-and-sonos-music-system.992482/
Relevancy 38.7%

The Music partition download drive hard music and to Videos exterior from other day I posted my problem download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition with getting a new computer which had win installed When downloading all my backups which had download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition been on an exterior drive they ended up in strange places Suddenly I had libraries and the library had folders but all the folder were named differently No more My Documents download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition my this my that Instead they dropped the my which by itself would not have bee a big deal but then they put my document files into my music folder Well that got me mad I'm a head-hunter and I keep everthing in Outlook Contacts In those contacts I have links to my candidates' resumes folders I also have links from my clients to their folders However after downloading having thought I had done everything by the letter I found the links didn't work What a mess I have over candidates categorized by qualifications I have clients in a similar situation Their links don't work either Then some very nice people from this site suggested I create partitions and lose the libraries At first I was frightened I had heard of partitions but had never been courageous enough to actually try them out I was also angry with Microsoft because they changed things for no reason Time is money and I'm losing money when I have to dick around with the computer instead of on the phone head-junting Feeling defeated I bit the bullet downloaded the software MiniTool Partition It seemed easy enough but I have run into some snags In my need to get organized I deleted all the music in the music folder under libraries And I deleted the My Documents folder from there also I need to make E C amp E Conn much smaller Look C It's huge I need that space for my pictures I don't think I need H Backups because I back up to an external hard drive Disk is the external backup I think When I double click I see all my files in there including my music folder with all my music How do I get them into F Music and Videos partition Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh I almost forgot When I get a new resume in the email I generally place it in a folder for later reading Now I can't place it in E C amp E I get a message saying something like I need administrator permission Well I am the administrator Anyway - baby steps Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F Music and Videos

A:download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition

Quote: Originally Posted by rikkidegraz

Anyway - baby steps. Can you help me to tranfer the music from my external drive to F: Music and Videos?

Normally, you would just drag them (copy, not move) with the mouse--from the external drive to F:Music and Videos. Can't you do that? But I may be misunderstanding you.

However:

First I would decide how many partitions you ultimately want to end up with on your internal drive.

You need the one named system

You need C

You don't need the others.

Plan 1: put all of your personal files on C and subdivide C with a folder structure: Music, Pictures, Video, Work, whatever suits you. 2 total partitions.

Plan 2: put only Windows and programs on C, and put all data on D. Subdivide D with a similar folder structure. 3 total partitions.

Plan 3: Put Windows on C. Use several different data partitions D, E, F, and so on. One for each data type (music, video, pictures, etc). 4 or more total partitions.

I would lean toward plan 2. You seem to have chosen plan 3.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each of those 3 plans. Plan 3 works, but having a bunch of partitions can be wasteful because you can never anticipate the proper size and growth rate of the data type on a partition.

Your pictures partition is already 80% full.

If you know for sure that you want to stay with those particular partitions, you should be able to use that tool to resize them.

Or you could delete all but system and C, then shrink C to maybe 80, then make new D, E, F, etc.

So you have a lot of control.

If you have everything backed up to the external, I would disconnect it temporarily. That way you can't make an error and foul that drive up accidentally with the tool.

You had best confirm what is on H:backups.

What is supposedly on E:C&E Conn and why that peculiar name?

Report back with your ideas and results of moving those files with a mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199250-download-music-exterior-hard-drive-music-videos-partition.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I honestly don't know what I'm doing. My Vista's not playing any of the music files on my computer or my iPod on any music player I use (iTunes, WinAmp, the Rhapsody that came with it), though it plays anything else that's online. Other sounds on the computer are also playing (MSN, AIM, system sounds). What it does exactly is, upon clicking any song in the media library, it shows intention to play it but then stays at 0:00, while recognizing the length of song, name of artist, etc. Did I miss something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-not-playing-any-music-files-plays-online-music-perfectly.666314/
Relevancy 38.7%

after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this

A:afterlast update of groove music app in july, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question after recent/last update of groove music app in the month of july 2016, my handset do not show any music stored in my sd card. i have reset my phone no.of times. it either shows few of the music or it shows finding your music.because of this handsets gets too hot and at the end my phone battery end up very fast.pls help me in this Your phone is desperetly tryin to update all its core apps to 10 last vrs., then cachin and syncin them. Let it finish his work plugged and wifi connected, don't make too much reset too close!!!! It will take a couple of days for stabylizing
That's a general rule, especially for older models

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435366-afterlast-update-groove-music-app-july-my-handset-do-not-show-any-music-stored-my-sd-card.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have about 2000 songs on Media Monkey, sorted into playlists, and I also have about 150 songs on Amazon Music. There may be a simple way of adding the Amazon tracks to MM, but I just don't see how it is done. I can't drag and drop, so is there another way? Can anyone help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-music-tracks-from-amazon-music-to-media-monkey.1164973/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys, on my laptop i currently have this issue where my music seems to come up when your in the folder. its in blue writing and has a number in brackets which im presuming is how many files ive got in there or something like that. My computer does not have this and i also wish to remove this from my laptop without having to restore to default folder settings (although that seems to be greyed out to despite me making changes earlier)

A:Music folder displaying a my music option and a number in brackets

Hello MajorFoley,

You should be able to click on View (menu bar) -> Group by -> (none) to change the folder view to what you wanted instead.

File and Folder Arrangement - Group by - Sort by - Arrange by

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309139-music-folder-displaying-my-music-option-number-brackets.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 38.27%

On this site, and there are many others like it people turn a regular song into something that sounds like it came from Nintendo... What program do they use?

http://jesusnes.ytmnd.com/

Relevancy 38.27%

Is anyone else trying to use groove with music on a network share and finds after a random time it loses all found songs. If so is the music on share that is on dynamic or static up. Trying to figure why this happens Posted from an Oric-1

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438815-groove-music-loses-music-network-share.html
Relevancy 38.27%

First, I wanted to listen to a clip on Amazon and I clicked "listen" for Windows Media Player and then another time for Real Player, since I have BOTH. All it would do was save it to my computer (entitled "hurl") and then I couldn't open it. It didn't even give the option of opening it--that was "grayed out."

Also, is there ANYwhere that I can just download a song without taking out a bank loan or giving them my firstborn? I went to Yahoo radio, too, and went through the sign-in procedure and then it wouldn't complete. The button just did nothing. I don't plan to do a lot of downloading music. I just want to get a song occasionally.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Solved: Listen to music clips or download music

Here is a link to free radio stations in the UK (I don't know where you are based)
http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/
Scroll down to the player that you use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-listen-to-music-clips-or-download-music.376079/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi There,
I have all my music uploaded onto OneDrive music folder.
Windows 8.1 Music app displays all my music on OneDrive for streaming. There's an option to download individual songs for local storage but that takes too long.. is there a way to download every single song through the Music app onto my Surface Pro 3 so that I have offline access to my music?
Thanks!

A:Force Music app to download all streaming music from OneDrive

Yes, you don't need any tools or apps, just go to OneDrive app or folder (in file explorer) right click on that > make it available offline! Now it'll start downloading everything in that folder + if you add anything to it from another device it'll be downloaded automatically

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/356729-force-music-app-download-all-streaming-music-onedrive.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 38.27%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok so im hearing comming from my speakers, some music, but mostly commercials. i was browsing the web and all the sudden i hear "buy a mcdonalds big mac today!" i dont get it i went to task manager and nothing looks weird. here's ahttp://img404.imageshack.us/i/audiosnap.jpg screen shot of active tasks
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but when i went to audio mixer there is a volume tab for "name not available" and if i mute it music goes away....i dont get it. help!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:HELP! music is playing in the background but no music program is open!

Are you close to a radio station's transmitter site and antenna? That sounds like "RFI" (Radio Frequency Interference" getting into your speaker system.

When you get it, unplug the speakers from the PC but leave them powered on and the volume up and see if you still get it. If you do it's RFI and the speaker system is picking it up or it's coming through the AC power line to the speakers. If this just started I would suspect either a bad cable ground or just a dirty plug connection somewhere in the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/93651-help-music-playing-background-but-no-music-program-open.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology j network drive Thing is it works fine for standard windows media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account so cant login music and xbox I have added App music read on Metro Music drive not network does synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not Metro Music App does not read music on network drive work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess please help I tried a lot already

A:Metro Music App does not read music on network drive

Originally Posted by sjengie

Hi, anybody can help me how to get Metro Music App to read and play my music library from Synology 212j+ network drive?
Thing is it works fine for standard windows 8 media player so why the heck does it not work for Metro Music App?

When I select a song from the explorer it is played by metro but where are all the other files?
I have a Dutch - not yet supported region - Windows Account, so cant login music and xbox.
I have added synology shared music folder to my desktop music library but explorer keeps warning me that some features may not work so I have also indexed the folder but still no success

It gives me the creeps these complications and Windows may be loosing another user to the Apple platform (which would mean spending a lot of money to replace my windows home system but at least everything is compatible - I guess)
please help, I tried a lot already

Hi there
Goede Morgen !!

Remember that W8 is still technically in BETA so there is more to come out.
Since multi-media and connectivity is very important this I'm sure will be fixed in the final builds of W8.

I shouldn't base your purchasing requirements against what's in a BETA build of an OS. -- Wait till the Final before making that decision -- and meantime use something like Winamp or plenty of other free music playing apps most of which can also stream to and from smart phones etc.

Cheers (Tot Ziens)

Jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5731-metro-music-app-does-not-read-music-network-drive.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am having a problem that tons of people are having with the install of the music manager but upon looking for solutions they either work for a small amount of people or they are pages long out of most peoples ability range mine at least and I am avg at least I am first getting an error code and then quot error the instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a wmi data provider quot -- both revolve around the service quot Windows Event Log quot not running I went into the registry on two keys and edited two permissions to allow to no avail I rebooted in Help Google / Music Install Problems...Please Music Manager safe mode ran cmd renamed some file to file upon restarting it is supposed to generate a new file Can anyone Google Music / Music Manager Install Problems...Please Help help One person said it may involve a new installation please no That can't be it I just did one two weeks ago Thanks so much And Happy Thanksgiving Eric

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/google-music-music-manager-install-problems-please-help-614206.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have had this game for about a week, and it ran fine until today, I keep getting the error message:
OBLIVION executed an invalid instruction in
module OBLIVION.EXE at 0167:009dbf40.
Registers:
EAX=009dbf40 CS=0167 EIP=009dbf40 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=01120000 SS=016f ESP=0122fd14 EBP=0122fe38
ECX=00a4bfc8 DS=016f ESI=00ac02e8 FS=56ff
EDX=00b65988 ES=016f EDI=00ac3e54 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f 28 05 b0 23 b6 00 0f 29 05 c0 23 b6 00 c3 cc
Stack dump:
0096098f bff77716 00000000 009642ff 00000001 00000094 00000004 0000000a 040a08ae 00000001 00204120 00000000 00000000 00000000 000000d6 00f70000
I have tried to reinstall it, but to no avail.
I am using a windows XP OS, and using a pentium 4 processer. My video and sound card check out for the requirements as well.

A:Help With Oblivion on XP

Did you make any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't?

I'm thinking a driver update or patch might be the cause.

The best solution: probably to update the graphics driver and patch the game. Check the Oblivion website and Nvidia, I assume for the graphics driver. If that doesn't work you'll need to roll back the drivers to the point before you installed whatever caused the error.

That as I understand it, that error message isn't something easy to fix. Some element of code did something it shouldn't have and Windows protected itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-oblivion-on-xp.681430/
Relevancy 37.41%

Will Oblivion carry the release of the PS 3 like it did the xBox 360?

Bethesda Softworks Announces Oblivion for PS 3 and PSP

Relevancy 37.41%

I have fun but..... Oblivion is Oblivion for a long time and ive played it for that time on an ancient computer for that time its been upgraded a little But then i decided to play on my new streamlined Nvidia somebig XXX computer with an uberlete Oblivion is fun but..... processor and a crappy little onboard sound card only to discover it crashes A Lot and before someone asks I swear this is a valid install and the only thing ive done with it is install a no cd crack cuz i cant find the disk right now To be more specific the thing crashes randomly at different times different places some areas more than others It especially crashes when i try fast traveling loadin a new zone building city and takes forever to boot up my save because it keeps crashing mid load or when i start to load It also crashes nevermind Oblivion crashes anywhere and every where and the play time never lasts beyond an hour Thank God i havent had any corrupt saves yet O yeah Oblivion is fun but..... it always crashes to desktop and i recieve the classic error message quot We are sorry for the inconvenience but Oblivion needs to close Life sucks doesn t it quot Ive tried several solutions which Oblivion is fun but..... include Updated Sound Drivers heard this was major issue Downloaded a new copy of DirectX from microsoft home page Uninstalling Nero heard this caused some probs too something to do with codecs I Messed with the sound exceleration video settings I also went to bios and made the stuff default to remove any Overclocking that i heard affects this game Im really sure i would enjoy this game if it wasn t always playing mind games with me Plz save me from throwing my REALLY nice computer out the window PS Here are some specs that i know of off the top of my head AMD Athlon Proccessor Well maybe not THAT uberlete but its a hell of a lot better than my old one Nvidia XXX not sure what exat model Made by XFX Gigabyte K N SLI mobo gig of RAM sticks of mb Sorry if they are a little vague but I cant go find em right now Plz help nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

soooo.... is it still worth playing??? maybe theres some epic mods out there???

Relevancy 37.41%

I bought Oblivion pc version and it s giving me an error message here is everything System Machine name VALUED-CB D C Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build xpclnt qfe - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Sony Corporation System Model PCV-RZ G UC BIOS Award Medallion BIOS v Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Display Card name NVIDIA GeForce MX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce MX DAC type Integrated Oblivion? Run I Can RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor SONY SDM-X Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-E Can I Run Oblivion? F- B C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID xA Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY Can I Run Oblivion? DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I'm just writing to see if anybody can help. We just tried to start Oblivion and received the error message nixadapterdesc::getdevicecaps()failed. I have tried updating my video card (ati radeon 1300 pro), uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and even restoring the computer to a restore point I knew worked before. We have beat the game once and was partway through with the second class so I know my computer can run it. Please, please help!!!!!!

A:Help with Oblivion please

hmm, a couple things to try and a couple questions.
1, do you have any mods, official or unofficial, installed (especially ones that play with graphics)?
2, when you reinstalled oblivion did you do a full uninstall then delete all the remaining files just to be sure? (particularly the ini files)
3, do you have the latest patchs?
4, can you think of anything driver related that you've installed between it working and it not working? btw, a restore point won't neccesarily help if you have a driver file corrupted. its not replacing all the files with old versions, just doing some registry tinkering.

try the oblivion unofficial patch, it fixes ALOT of bugs, whether this is one of them i dunno, but its worth a try.
link: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296
try reinstalling directx (thats directx related error i think), also try several video card drivers, maybe the current version you have doesnt like oblivion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-oblivion-please.98361/
Relevancy 37.41%

My Acer Aspire M5100 is not playing Oblivion elder scrols 4 very well, it takes forever to load new screens and its jumpy, also it froze my system once and i had to shut down and restart, what do i do to fix this. my system is beter and faster with higher grafix than the game box sugjest

A:Oblivion

Oblivion is one of the most graphically demanding games available.
The ATi integratedX1250 video card isn't nearly powerful
enough to play Oblivion and isn't on the supported video card list.

From the Oblivion FAQs:
What are the PC system requirements?

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1900 series
* ATI X1800 series
* ATI X1600 series
* ATI X1300 series
* ATI X850 series
* ATI x800 series
* ATI x700 series
* ATI x600 series
* ATI Radeon 9800 series
* ATI Radeon 9700 series
* ATI Radeon 9600 series
* ATI Radeon 9500 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion.649967/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys greetings I hope you guys are not fed up with Oblivion-related questions yet I ve tried looking for answers and found some people with almost similar problems but I Need Oblivion please with help can t seem to find a clear answer to my problem Been tweaking Oblivion for almost a month Need help with Oblivion please now and although I must Need help with Oblivion please say my Oblivion runs much better now the one problem I m having never seems to dissappear My problem is simply Towns Just towns I have no problems whatsoever outdoors in dungeons inside Oblivion gates I always get FPS even when fighting or more monsters bandits in dense grass But once I step into towns my FPS drops to s and low s Bravil being the worst NPCs seem to be causing this I found some people also experienced the same issue but they also get FPS drops when encountering enemies outside towns I don t Everything runs well for me as long as it is not inside towns I m using Streamline and Oblivion Stutter Remover mod now and they help a lot to ease pain in towns I don t have a high-end computer but I think my PC is actually quite sufficient to run Oblivion in max settings without needing to use performance-enhancing mods I m running Oblivion at X X AA no AF HDR my PC specs are - Intel C D E GHz - Vid card XFX HD Mb - Mainboard Biostar TP D -A - Gigs DDR Kingston PC - Windows XP Home SP - Corsair VX PSU What I ve done tried so far - Updated BIOS to latest version - Installed all motherboard drivers - Updated video card driver to latest Catalyst - Patched Oblivion to latest version - Reinstalled Oblivion - Running Oblivion without any mods - Defragging hard drive - Reinstalled Windows - Different resolutions my old monitor can t go higher than X but town performance is almost the same at any res - Disabling sound hardware acceleration as some people suggested it would help well it didn t - Tried all the memory loading multithreading and other tweaks from the Oblivion Tweak Guide - Disabling AA disabling HDR I currently have games installed Oblivion Left Dead and Crysis Both Crysis and L D runs fine with no problems at all Please help I m running out of ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-oblivion-please.869008/
Relevancy 37.41%

what woud you consider the minimum playable or good playabl FPS in Oblivion 4? it seems on charts that whenever you go outside it drops significantly!
My setup is AMD 64 X2 4200+, 1Gig Patriot memory, and a eVGA 7800gt 475core 1100mem which i can overclock a little.

I was wondering how playable and smooth the gameplay would be at lower fps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/min-fps-in-oblivion.576729/
Relevancy 37.41%

Sorry I have to come here with this but Bethesda has banned me (which makes configuring the Morrowing Graphics Extender on my new system next to impossible...)

To get it out of the way, specs:

Athlon X2 64 6000+ 3.2ghz dual-core
GeForce GTX 285 1gb
4gb DDR2
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Obviously strong enough, and I've run it on lesser systems.

My problem is that I can't run it fullscreen. It crashes before the Bethesda logo even pops up. Windowed I can run it just fine. That makes compatibility and administrator privileges not the issue, tho I've tried them all. I've also disabled visual styles during gameplay and that makes no difference. Plz give me an option I haven't tried.

Relevancy 37.41%

Ok i have oblivion -elderscrolls- i did not work i download oldblivion everythinks running fine then i go in a cave (the first game when u start playing and ive checked every other cave) its brights like really bright wich is not very good since now im a vampire and my hunters sight isnt very usefull enywere now please some1 help with this problem

Thanks -Thomas-

Relevancy 37.41%

I am looking for a saved game for Oblivion,preferably towards the end.Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion.562268/
Relevancy 37.41%

i just got a oblivion dvd for pc and i know i dont have the right video card to play but when i tryed to play it said detecting video settings and modded them so my video card could handle it so i kinda ruled out the possibility of this being a video card problem can u help heres a screen shot of the error happends when i click play

U have to click on the image and then click zoom so u can read the error crap

Relevancy 37.41%

Whenever I try to load Oblivion, it crashes to my desktop just after it goes through the intro movies.

I've tried changing the compatibility mode to XP, making myself an administrator, installing the latest drivers for my graphics card, and installing the newest patch for Oblivion.
Specs:
OS -- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
Processor -- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz, 1066FSB
RAM -- 4GB
Graphics Card -- SLI Dual GeForce 8500GT 512Mb PCI Express 16X

Relevancy 37.41%

OK, I just bought Oblivion and I need a video card. What video card do you guys recomend that will work and that is the cheapest?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion.557910/
Relevancy 37.41%

oblivion worked for a while and now when we try to play it we get to the first part and click play... then it does nothing! I am having a really hard time with this and i really wanna play can someone help me?

A:oblivion... i need help

have you tried wiping it off and reinstaling it again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-i-need-help.893608/
Relevancy 37.41%

I can not start up the game it says error report. My comp specs are enough the run the game except for the fact that I don't have an audio card and my video card is a ATI radeon VE DDR, I have another video card that will work with this game that I could install, but if I don't have to I would rather not. So if anyone knows if this video card works please let me know, and also I run the diagnostics that is in the tech support page and it says no problems even with my lack of audio card so can anyone tell me if I need to put in a audio card for sure? (Yeah it was a handed down comp and I didn't realize there was no audio card.)

Relevancy 37.41%

Alright i have a Alienware area -51 m7700 with 1 GM Ram a Radeon Mobility x800 directx 9.0c i had installed oblivion before worked fine at decently high graphics. i uninstalled and tried to reinstall recently and now i get windows error right when it starts up i have tried reinstalling and turning off all unnencessary proccesses. Willing to listen to any help Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-help.547768/
Relevancy 37.41%

i loaded oblivion today and when i hit play it says error.i hace changed all the sscreen sizes but nothing works.i even uninstalled and restalled 3 times!!!can some1 tell me how to get the game to play???