Windows Support Forum

Printer issue

Q: Printer issue

I have a HP laserjet 4014dn. Only when I print large reports, I get a little bit of black residue on the edge of the paper. I just replaced the maintenance kit, but it only helped alittle. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Printer issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Printer issue

Not sure if this will help, but maybe cleaning the drum may help? http://www.ehow.com/how_4811815_clean-printer-drum.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-issue.192043/
Relevancy 47.73%

My new windows computer is a dell package from staples It's an Inspiron ghz megs ram bit intel pentium processor It's running Windows Home edition It's on a 'workgroup' network with two xp machines one of which shares data files that reside downlevel printer, usb and local Printer win7 doc ? w receipt issue on the win machine My usb receipt printer is an Epson tm-u D This printer is not plug and play so the driver had to be downloaded and force fed No problem there really after a few tries we got the printer to print a test page and the accounting software Bottom Line Accounting seems to recognize it fine This setup is used as Printer issue w win7 and usb receipt printer, local downlevel doc ? the cash register in a retail store and prints receipts for customers on paper rolls Here is the minor glitchy problem - when we print a receipt it prints fine but then we can see the red error light on the printer start flashing and Printer issue w win7 and usb receipt printer, local downlevel doc ? the next receipt won't print until we switch the printer off and back on Also we see a local downlevel document in the queue that goes away in about a half minute whether we turn the printer off or not and it instantly disappears if we do turn it off It's gonna be a pain to switch the printer off and back on between every two customers Surely there is an easy fix for this problem - any printer experts out there Thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Sorry if this is in the and service printer Printer issue wrong place but I did not see a dedicated printer sub-forum and I didn't see a search link either Why no search Anyway I have Vista Ult SP Printer and printer service issue on one or my machines I have an HP Photosmart printer and it Printer and printer service issue works fine Here are two things I have Qs about I do not see the printer in the D M Shouldn't it be there When I boot the computer spoolsv exe is running as it should be but the mem usage is very high - almost k If I go to services msc switch the service to disabled stop the service switch it back to auto and then start it the spoolsv exe mem usage is at k When I reboot the mem usage reverts back to k There are no jobs in the print que that I can see so I am wondering why it is so high when I boot Thanks in advance

A:Printer and printer service issue

Hi,

I'm not sure but my service is at 16k & then drops to less than 1k.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301599-printer-printer-service-issue.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Have a couple Everest III CD/DVD lable printers attached to a XP computer (USB) and when we go to print we're getting the error: "Can not open Printer handle. Access densied" and I've not ran into this before.

Just reimaged this unit and it is up-to-date.

Anyone ran into this or have suggestions on how to address it.

Nothing really found in a google search on it.

Thanks!

A:Printer issue - XP

Let's start with a very basic by using Microsoft's built in help. Control Panel>In the Search box "Troubleshooting">Hardware and Sound>Use a Printer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-issue-xp-679481.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have added some shared printers on my win2k server to a few workstations. On one workstation, I added the printers (after typing in a valid username and password for the server), and they showed up as "ready". I printed a test page, etc. Every time I reboot, the printers all read "access denied, unable to connect". Please help.

A:printer issue

You might want to check Permissions for the printers

Open the Printers folder from the Start Menu, or from the Control Panel.

Right click the printer in question, and choose Properties.

Click the Security tab to view the current permissions.

You can add or remove user accounts in the upper section, and/or highlight the user in the upper section, and change the permissions in the lower section.

Click OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.126024/
Relevancy 40.42%

#Hi,

I have a new laptop ith Vista installed and all windows updates.

I am trying to install a HP 5552 printer that HP assures me needs no drivers and is litteraly plug and play. Sadly this has not happened and the PC does not prompt with a new hardware found warning.

I have manually installed using the generic vista drivers and now when print is pressed the printer comes to life but the job never prints and the printer dialog displays "out of paper" needless to say lots of paper and no jams!

I have tried deselecting the use "advanced printing" option but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-printer-issue-145115.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having an issue with my printer. I have uninstalled the drivers, unplugged the power and usb port. Then I try to reinstall the driver I get the option to uninstall again. I did it again and it still says uninstall.

Any ideas what I can try to get it installed correctly?

thx

A:Printer issue

Was trying to update my printer driver but it kept on saying to uninstall drivers even after i did. So i used drive sweeper software in safe mode to get rid or all printer drivers so I did. Then I tried installing my drivers again from the download of the drivers and finally it said to install so I did and it gave me a message of 'windows can not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068: the dependency services or group failed to start.

I then googled error 1068 print spooler for hp printer which brought me to this page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01329719&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

I followed exactly what they said to do and I get the same error as before. On that page after figure 5 and step 5 where it says i should see spoolsv.exe but I did not see Lexceserver. How do I get that in the list as I think that is my issue. Hope someone can help me with is and is easy to do. This is an HP printer and isnt that for lexmark printer therefore shouldnt see it?

Then i went under print spooler properties clicked on dependency tab and it listed http and remote procedure call and fax. The last 2 were started but i didnt see an option of HTTP. I hit the plus sign in front of rpc and noticed it said dcom server process launcher and rpc endpoint mapper and those were in a started state. Should i try and restart all of rpc service, fax, Dcom server process launcher and rpc endpoint mapper to see if that fixs my issue?

thx

Ps: found this http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/cant-start-print-spooler-amp-lexbce/96494.html should i do what the 3rd response did? thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.1040708/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I have installed a HP Laser Jet printer in one of our windows 2000 Machines and shared it ,We have some machines running win98 and Windows 2000 all connected to the same switch.

The problem is win 98 machines cant access the printer that keep asking for password thou I gave the correct password it says wrong username and password. Also we have some windows 2000Mechines connected to the same switch cannot access the printer in user mood but it allows to print in admin mood.

is there any softwares that can be over come this problem

Rimzan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.446994/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I have a new laptop ith Vista installed and all windows updates.

I am trying to install a HP 5552 printer that HP assures me needs no drivers and is litteraly plug and play. Sadly this has not happened and the PC does not prompt with a new hardware found warning.

I have manually installed using the generic vista drivers and now when print is pressed the printer comes to life but the job never prints and the printer dialog displays "out of paper" needless to say lots of paper and no jams!

I have tried deselecting the use "advanced printing" option but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

Relevancy 40.42%

New to w7.
I installed a printer a week ago. Everything working fine for me. But printer not reconized by other user account.
What must I do to correct this problem?

Sounds like you need to set permissions to allow other users access.
If you could fill out your system specs and tell us what make and model the printer is we could be a little more detailed with some help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57231-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey,

Well I recieved a Lexmark X1185 All-In-One for Christmas, i know lexmark isnt a great brand, but decided to keep anyway.

So I install newest drivers etc., and buy the USB cable (scammers dont let it come with one). Hook it up, and after I do one thing with printer (copy, scan, print) on the next thing it always says it cannot communicate with printer. When i unplug the USB cable and stick back in, it works for one more time, then same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stevo

Relevancy 40.42%

i have an epson printer loaded... i have not had it hooked up to my system in months and still isnt... now everytime i start the computer it says "printer driver failed during startup use event viewer" any clue why this all the sudden is popping up when it hasnt ever did that before when it was not connected???

A:Printer Issue

Something has likely corrupted the printer driver. Go to Start...Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs and remove (uninstall) all the Epson stuff there.

Reboot your system, then logon to the Epson website and download the latest software for your printer and install it.

This will fix the majority of these sort of problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92341/printer-issue/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am trying to help my dad fix his printer so I will be as specific as I can about the problem but there may be several days in between what everyone suggests and me being able to get to my dad s house to try it My dad has an hp photosmart and has recently been having issues getting to to print If you put a memory card into the printer it will print pictures with issue Printer no issues but if you attempt to print a picture from the PC then it comes out yellow You can see the image somewhat but the main tint to the picture is yellow My dad had it serviced by HP and there is plenty of ink in the cartridge For a while Printer issue if he printed the pictured on regular paper instead of photo paper Printer issue they would come Printer issue out fine or if he told the printer that he was using regular paper instead of photo paper then the picture would come out fine But now any photo that he prints from the PC comes out yellow Any suggestions on what we can do to fix it Kendra nbsp

try to unistall the driver, reinstall .. see if that works out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-issue.141445/
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok so here it is:

I have a Canon iP1700 which actually has Windows 7 drivers avilable. The printer works... kinda.

Whenever I print from Windows' Picture Printer wizard menu, you know the one that lets you print many pictures and lets you choose the sizes, the pictures come out very washed out.

This only happens from the Picture printer wizard thing. I can put those pictures in Word or something and print them out that way just fine.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

example(left is from word, right is from wizard menu):

A:Yet another printer issue : )

I don't have or use Wizard, but is there some sort of adjustment, to save ink, when printing, etc. If so find it and adjust it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/40628-yet-another-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi and thank-you for taking the time to read about my printer issue This has become a true headache for me and any insight would be very much welcomed I have used this site a couple Issue Printer of times in the past and my issues were resolved Fantastic resource indeed I have an Epson Stylus Photo Ink Jet Printer Yes it s old and I am running Win-XP Home SP Yesterday I attempted to print something and the page came out completely blank Not even the slightest mark on it These are old ink cartridges which were unopened and stored in shrink wrap until a few months ago When I initially put them in they worked fine I did Printer Issue use the Epson cleaning utility and used the clean option several times I also removed the two cartridges and cleaned each ink nozzle using a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol I also used a small amount of warm water gave them a vigorous shake and replaced them Still not even a trace of ink on the paper when I tried to print again There was however ink on the heads of the Q-tips I went ahead and opened up another shrink wrapped set of cartridges and tried those These cartridges are expired by several years too however they have been sealed and shrink wrapped Bought for cheap on eBay After I replaced both cartridges I got the same results I removed the two replaced cartridges and repeated the same thing as with the others I manually cleaned them used the head cleaning option with the Epson utility and still nothing When I attempt to print anything the printer responds exactly how it normally does I can hear the print assembly moving back amp forth across the paper as if it were printing and the paper is ejected afterwards as it does when the printing is finished However there is not even any marks on the page at all Not even the slightest indications of banding I did check the drivers and they seem fine I did check the status monitor and it shows fine so I know it is communicating with the printer I did power down the printer and re-power it as well as re-boot my system but no change Because the fact that the printer is responding how it normally does but just not leaving ink on the paper leads me to believe that it s really not a communication issue or a driver issue I did confirm the printer was the default printer as well I am pretty sure this comes down to a couple of bad ink cartridges that I bought on the cheap If so lesson learned I have used the cheap stuff before but there s always been some slight marks left on the paper In this case there s nothing what-so-ever which leads me to wonder if I m missing anything Before I make another ink purchase I wanted to run this issue through this site to see if I am in fact missing anything Thank-you very much for taking the time to look over this problem Regards b rd Some screen shots Note the Production Date of the ink cartridges however it had been sealed in shrink-wrap nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Why would a printer print okay to tray two then all of a sudden not be able to change in properties to tray two. This is weird! Was working fine up until two days ago.

Relevancy 40.42%

dell 962 AIO works fine on another computer.

same cable to printer, same drivers installed on a Dell DT XP and the file goes to the print xfer window, it says it is printing, then it is cleared out but nothing gets to the printer. When it "finishes" transferring the status flashes "deleting" on the file line in the window before the line is removed.

Drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled. There was an issue with notepad opening a .vbs file but i fixed that.

not a virus; system files were scanned with SFC; printer is recognized by computer; printer works on another computer using same cable, same drivers

what could be the issue????????

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a HP office jet v40 connected to a XP pc. I recently added a W7 lap top to my home network. I have the printer added on the W7 pc, but I can not print to it. Shows items spooling, but nothing prints. I tried updating the drivers, but HP says the W7 has the drivers needed. The lap top is accessing my network thru a wireless router, just FYI. Can you help? Thank you.

Hi there,

There are some links in my signature FAQ area below, but here's another tutorial that may be of help: Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - the How-To Geek

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55300-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a HP Officejet 7310 all in one and it generally works well. The last few days I will walk in and the display and lights are lashing and pretty much, freaking out. I have to unplug the unit and plug it back in. Power has been fine so I am not sure what is happening. Any ideas? I thought I would try here first, their tech support takes hours........

A:HP Printer Issue

Unplug the USB to the computer and see if it happens again.
Is it under warranty ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-issue.932344/
Relevancy 40.42%

Iíve replaced my Canon BJC-3000 printer. It has found a new home, USB connected, to an Acer 2300 Travelmate.

The laptop recognized the printer and it prints well.

There is no software installed and that may be a problem.

The software is for Win95/Win98/NT 4.0. The laptop is WinXP-home.

As stated, the printer works but Iím unable to figure out how to do any maintenance or make any adjustments.

XP must have had some sort of driver pre-installed for this printer. If I run the CD that came with the printer Iím afraid it may screw things up. It may try to install drivers that are older than what I have. That may mess up the registry, right?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

A:A Printer Issue.

go to the manufactureres website and download the drivers for that OS. to view the properties of your printer go to "start" scroll up to setting and select printers. right click on the new printer and select properties, in there you can configure you printer or do a test page, whatever you want to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-printer-issue.358836/
Relevancy 40.42%

At the Community Centre where I work there is a Canon IR2200 printer with only a centronics port. I have downloaded and installed the software, added USB2 to centronics cable too.

A print test activates the printer and it displays data processing with no errors, but no print occurs. The printer just goes back to rest?

Copying works fine.

Any ideas.

A:Printer issue.

Quote:

added USB2 to centronics cable

How are you adding USB2 to a Parallel connector? If you are using an adapter, then I would presume there is a problem with that adapter.
The printer has an Ethernet port, assign a static IP address to the printer in the Menu under Network, and you can add the printer across the network.
If you want to hook it up directly to a computer, If you have another computer in the network that has a Parallel port, hook the printer up to that, and share the printer on the network. Add the printer as a shared network printer to the computers with only USB ports.

Quote:

About imageRUNNER 2200

With optional network connectivity capable of handling 10/100 Ethernet or Token Ring connections, and support for PostScript? 3 Emulation and PCL? 6 print languages, the imageRUNNER 2200 meets the needs of even the most demanding workgroup environments.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/printer-issue-818386.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I had an old HP printer so added a parallel port PCI card to my system. The printer shows up as a choice when I go to print. The printer however does not show up under devices and printer folder. I am trying to remove the printer from the system and from showng up as an available printer when I go to print.

Type services in search

In services look for bluetooth, and set to automatic. I know this sounds crazy, but it works 9 out of 10 times. Unfortunately, you may be number 10. With an old printer it may not employ blue tooth technology. But give it a shot.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266244-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I hope Im putting this in the right forum.

I have a cannon i960 today it suddenly stopped printing anything with blue in it; blue, green, purple, etc. It is instead replacing it with magenta (yellow for green). I have used the printer's cleaning and deep cleaning function. the inktanks are in correctly and are not out of ink please help

Relevancy 40.42%

Am stumped. Have two NT4.0 sp6a PCs that will not print directly from an older DOS program. It wants a directly attached printer and must use LPT1.

If you open a DOS console window and first do a DOS file print command and then run the program it the same VM window, it will print on a bubble jet; works on a laser too if you have the program print before the laser goes back into the "ready" mode.

The program works and prints fine on other NT PCs on the network and my home PC. Diags on the LPT1 port all positive. Windows printing on both involved PCs to the network and local printers all work fine.

Only similarity on two units is they both had a program on them at one time that required a "dongle." I removed all traces of the program on one, including registry entries with no improvement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-dos-printer-issue.40057/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a simular problem. I am going to go online and look for 'drivers' for my printer. But, I am going to ask for tech guy advice for best source first.

There should be only be one source for the best printer driver and that's the printer manufacturer's website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.1128891/
Relevancy 40.42%

I've hooked up an HP Business Inkjet 2250 to my PC. Printer was working fine, has been in storage (unused) for about 1yr. Works fine, prints fine except not in black - all other colors but basic blk. Tried new ink cartridge, no luck. Cleaned driverhead, no luck. Ideas? Thanks!
pmk099

HP Business Inkjet 2200/2250 Printer Series

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.1005003/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have not been able to get my Toshiba laptop running XP Home to communicate with the HP 812c printer as long as it was connected via my USB hub and not directly to the laptop. I was advised to buy an AC-powered USB hub, so I got the Belkin F5U237v1 with 7 ports. Same problem. Everything else (external HDD, mouse, keyboard, scanner, thumb drives, etc, all work great, but the printer just prints garbage - usually a few jumbled characters on a page and will keep chewing up paper until I turn it off and clear the queue. HP was no help. After seeing that their recommendation for an AC-powered hub didn't work, they advised me to just plug it back into the laptop directly and be done with it. The system recognizes the printer when I connect the USB plug and power it up. How do I diagnose this?

A:Printer Issue with USB Hub

The post quoted before caught my eye becasue I have exactly the same problem with my euipment, except that I use an HP 990cxi. So, thinking it was something addressed on these forums, signed up to enjoy the reply.

Did anything come of this query, I would be most interested in knowing how to solve this problem,

Rupert

I have not been able to get my Toshiba laptop running XP Home to communicate with the HP 812c printer as long as it was connected via my USB hub and not directly to the laptop. I was advised to buy an AC-powered USB hub, so I got the Belkin F5U237v1 with 7 ports. Same problem. Everything else (external HDD, mouse, keyboard, scanner, thumb drives, etc, all work great, but the printer just prints garbage - usually a few jumbled characters on a page and will keep chewing up paper until I turn it off and clear the queue. HP was no help. After seeing that their recommendation for an AC-powered hub didn't work, they advised me to just plug it back into the laptop directly and be done with it. The system recognizes the printer when I connect the USB plug and power it up. How do I diagnose this?
Unquote

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-issue-with-usb-hub.73431/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having a problem with my printer. There appears to a doc is stuck in the printers spooler and I get an error saying something is wrong with it. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I am having the same results. Any idea how I can fix this? The printer is an HP PSC 1410v.

thx

edit: it's coming up saying "the RPC server is unavailable"

A:Printer issue.

Hello bruinator. I had have my spooler stuck, and with time, many headaches and never sure why, the problem was fixed. However, surfing trough internet I found a solution. It's a batch file, that basically, executes command line codes relationed with the spooler.
It's easy to create:1) Copy this code on the notepad or another text editor:

net stop spooler
del %systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.shd
del %systemroot%system32spoolprinters*.spl
net start spooler
2) Then save this document with the name you want and then write .bat just beside it. Example: name.bat
Or download the file here ----> Spoolerfix.bat

When you have the spooler stuck, just run this batch file and it will clean the spooler and will then let you print your documents.

Hope it helps .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116709-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Canon Pixma ip 4200 printer with USB connection to main pc running Windows XP professional. Have just set up second wireless pc running Windows 7 through D Link router. Have, after many hours, managed to get this printer installed on Windows 7 pc. Problem seems to be an issue with connectivity between the two pcs. I can see the printer in the Network and Sharing (Win 7) along with all the files I wish to share. I have also been able to ping the two pcs. When I try to print from Win 7 the printer shows 'collecting printer status' and does not print. No printing issues with the other pc.

Have been trying to resolve this for hours and tearing my hair out. Can anyone help before I go bald?

Thanks

A:Printer issue with Win 7/XP

Hi Guys

Just realised I can view the shared files from the pc running Windows XP so I guess this must be an issue with the printer driver installation and not a connectivity issue. Still need help though. New user to Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90320-printer-issue-win-7-xp.html
Relevancy 40.42%

dell 962 AIO works fine on another computer.

same cable to printer, same drivers installed on a Dell DT XP and the file goes to the print xfer window, it says it is printing, then it is cleared out but nothing gets to the printer. When it "finishes" transferring the status flashes "deleting" on the file line in the window before the line is removed.

Drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled. There was an issue with notepad opening a .vbs file but i fixed that.

not a virus; system files were scanned with SFC; printer is recognized by computer; printer works on another computer using same cable, same drivers

what could be the issue????????

Are you able to print a Test Page?

Go to Printers & Faxes, right click on the Dell printer, choose properties, then choose Print Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-issue-597768.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Printer quit printing blue. Cleaned printheads, installed new Cyan ink cartridge.HP diagnostics show ink levels OK

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Printer-Issue/td-p/5609633
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 400 system with Windows XP. I decided to keep my old printer, an HP Deskjet 648C. I assumed that Dell and HP are compatible, because we use Dell computers and HP printers on our network at work.

I went to HP's web site and dowloaded the driver for the printer (640 series). I replaced the parallel cable with a USB cable. I rebooted the computer, powered the printer off and back on again, and replaced both black and color toner catridges. I cannot print- when I attempt to print a test page, the print job fails. The printer troubleshooter does not diagnose the problem.

Has anyone any suggestion as to what else might rectify the problem?

Relevancy 40.42%

My H-P Printer generates blank pages when I attempt to print off NYT crossword puzzles.
The same has happened with the daily USA Today puzzles.
Have been printing these puzzles for several months with no problems.
No problems printing anything else. Any ideas? (H-P Officejet 6310 All-in-One)

A:H-P Printer Issue

You didn't say which Windows version your computer is running.

If it's running Windows Vista or 7 or 8, use its built-in Snipping Tool to capture and save those puzzles so you can print them off.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/h-p-printer-issue.1125395/
Relevancy 40.42%

For some reason on my wife's account or profile on Vista, the printer icon is not in the task bar and sometimes does not work. It works on my profile, what are we doing wrong?

It could be any number of things with the details provided. So we will have to whittle down the possiblities by trial and error until a solution is found.

I am a bit confused by what you wrote. You said that the icon is not in the taskbar and sometimes does not work. What does not work? The icon or the printer?

And since it sometimes does not work, when does it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.852964/
Relevancy 40.42%

Canon pixma mx740 has stopped printing from computer Windows 7 . 3 documents are in que and there is ink.. able to copy a document directly. power source works.

howdy and welcome, I'm going to move this to the hardware forum as it's not a tech tip or review.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.1146365/
Relevancy 40.42%

Good morning ladies and gentleman. im trying to be the tech guru for my family at this time and im trying to fix a problem with my printer. If you take a look at my specs I have a HP photosmart c4480 printer that actually came with the store bought printer my wife purchased. The problem is that the printer feeds more that 1 sheet of paper at a time when printing. Im sure there is a way to control this, however, I don't know what it is. Can someone please help..Paper is EXPENSIVE...

thanks in advance.

Here is the support and software site for the HP Photosmart C4480 All-In-One. There's a lot of good reading, and you can update the software if needed.

Most problems with multiple pages being kicked out during printing are because of improper printer settings, improper paper type or thickness, pages sticking together, the feeder device needing cleaning, etc..

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.835170/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all-my name is Matt. I have the following issues-please help

I have a PC and laptop.

I have an HP D110 Photosmart wireless printer

The printer recognizes my router and shows as CONNECTED

Both my PC and Laptop do not connect with the printer.
WHAT TO DO?????

https://h20563.www2.hp.com/p/_wireless/index.html

make sure you try the wizzard first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.1035018/
Relevancy 40.42%

Okay I know what s Printer My PC - Issue my problem about but I need a solution What happens is that I have a Canon Printer Multifunctional to use it I need to install drivers obviously but it comes that the Canon Software install a program called MultiPASS with the drivers I tried a lot of thing just to install drivers alone but none of them worked So I installed both of them drivers My PC - Printer Issue and software but what the software does is more problem than utility when I open My PC it takes a LOT of time to load the drives control panel etc So I am asking if any of you might help me out Perhaps you might be able to tell me how to install the drivers alone or to remove MultiPass thingy If it might help the CD has a driver folder I tried to install the port first so it worked then when I install the printer i need to choose or create a port actually I dont know how to link the printer to the port created by the driver Thanx in advance nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Canon MP all-in-one printer I recently went to print a document an iTunes song list and only a faint Issue Printer portion of the page header actually printed The rest Printer Issue was blank I had not changed any settings on the printer or my computer -- in fact I had just printed something successfully minutes before Other documents email etc do the same thing I ran the printer through all it s automatic cleaning and tests No change The different tests seem to show all colors working For example the nozzle test shows all the colors and so does the test for manual printhead alignment except on that one the numbers which should be in black that tell you what to input for the alignment do not print I contacted Canon s email support as the printer is out of warranty so I can t call without paying They basically had me do the same things with the exception of turning the printer off for hours and then doing another cleaning and test Still no change During this process I found that it will print a color document email word etc just not anything in black Canon s email support has no more suggestions for me A replacement printhead has been mentioned but why would Printer Issue it work in one circumstance tests and not others documents Is there just one printhead or one for each color Any ideas Not sure if I should take it to an authorized service location or just replace it altogether nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.982565/
Relevancy 40.42%

When I print a receipt from a merchant on the net, it first prints out all these symbols and small sentences that make no sense to me before it actually prints the receipt. It does it for some merchants but not all. Is this with the merchant or is it a printer setting? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello.
I own a Lexmark S405 interpret printer and use windows 8.
I printed something yesterday that had blue horizontal lines going across it, and when I Restarted the printer it came up with a printhead error. I took out and cleaned the printhead contacts, making sure not to touch the rubber with the Isopropyl alcohol I used, yet the error persisted. When I tried to run the self clean operation it said that the printer was busy.

I would appreciate any help on this topic.
Thanks.

The print head is likely faulty (not dirty). If Windows is stating the printer is "busy", then most likely the printer is not booting completely/properly, thus Windows can't communicate with it.

Ensure the print head is installed properly. Power off/on. Remove power for a short while, and then test again.

Aside from that, there isn't much that you can do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue.1108750/
Relevancy 40.42%

G'Day

After successfully installing a Cannon ip 4200 and after a failed install of other programs I had to roll back the windows to the "last system settings that worked". When installing the new printer driver it comes up with numerous errors depending on which method I use to install the driver.

My Question:

Can anyone tell me how to get the printer driver into a fresh state so I can re-install it?

Thanks.

A:Printer driver issue - can not reinstall printer driver.

Uninstall the Printer driver in Add Remove Programs. Download Glary utilities and run the defaults. Then go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. in the command prompt type chkdsk /f/r and hitr enter Then type Y and reboot your computer. The Check Disk utility starts at next boot up to correct any errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printer-driver-issue-can-not-reinstall-printer-driver-401322.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello.

I am i looking for some assistance with my WiFi printer. I have an epson wp-4025 which states that it is connected to my router on ip 192.168.1.5. I cannot connect to the printer status ip page and cannot print to the printer wirelessly. I had it working briefly the other day but the web browser no longer allows me to open the ip address page? and windows cannot discover the printer with a manual tcp/ip port entry.
I have pinged the address and recieved confirmation packets have been sent and recieved.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-wifi-printer-issue.1063339/
Relevancy 39.99%

When I boot Firefox 3.5, now, it also brings up the "printer" window - as if I had preselected File and Print from the Firefox menu.

However, I haven't. This has started just since I added the "hotfix" for Norton Security.

How can I stop the printer from showing up each time I start Firefox?

A:Firefox issue w/printer

I disabled the "hotfix" for Norton Internet Security, but the printer window rebooted when I restarted Firefox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-issue-w-printer.844960/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello-

I am trying to install a printer (Win2K) and when i get to the screen where I would choose a printer port, I have no ports to choose from.
When I go into Device Manager I see my Printer Port (LPT1) and it tells me it is working properly.

So...I go into the Printers dir and go to File --> Server Properties click on the Ports tab, choose to add a Port, select Local Port and I get asked for the location of the printer port. This is where I am confused. My question is, what is the location I should point the wizard to which will allow it to recognize lpt1 so I can install a printer.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brendan

A:Printer Port issue

Just curioius.. Does the printer needs a ECP print port ( enhanced com. port) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-port-issue.77123/
Relevancy 39.99%

The print spooler service turns off.

The event viewer shows 2 errors
7034 and 7031
Print spool service terminated unexpectanly.

I've cleaned the system of spyware.
Nortons says there are no virus.
I've removed all unnecessary programs from the system as well as startup

I tried to run cleanspl.exe but got this error
Unable to create registy key
\\realt\hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\print. access is denied

I went into the windows\system32\printer folder and removed everything except folders named 2 and 3.

Any ideas?

A:Printer Spooler issue

I found some xerox software. uninstall couldn't find a file so i went into safe mode and removed the xerox folder.

also found a couple of processes lexpps.exe and lex??? don't recall....
when i do a search for them, windows didn't find them.
They also don't show in the start section of the registry.

I deleted the lex*.* files I found and those lex files don't show up in task manger any more.

I'm reinstalling SP2 just for giggles.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler-issue.643500/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello The other day I printed something then went to print again and got some spool error and it would only print of pages When I tried to print again I got a printer communication error-no printing I have tried everything Printer malware?? like issue!! seems uninstalling reinstalling printer powering off Printer issue!! seems like malware?? restarting etc I still cannot connect to the printer It was working fine then minutes later it wasn't with nothing in between I checked the firewall and as far as I can see it says printing is ok My printer is wireless i can print from another computer no prolem I can access internet from computer that won't print so I know that the printer works and the wireless connection works and the computer's wireless connection works I posted in another forum and got one response about the firewall but when I said that didnt work no one replied PLEASE help I have things to print that I can only print from the one that won't I am in school and need this fixed Could it by malware Or a corrupted registry part read that in another message when I googled my issue but I wouldn't know a bad line unless it sais I AM BAD DELETE ME HJT log below Also when I run HJT I get a box with this message quot For some reason your system denied write access to the host file quot And some info on how to edit something yourself Thanks for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files DellTPad Apoint exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Lexmark Z Series lxdqmon exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Lexmark Z Series lxdqMsdMon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DellTPad HidFind exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files DellTPad Apntex exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files trend micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www post-gazette com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - ... Read more

A:Printer issue!! seems like malware??

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219513/printer-issue-seems-like-malware/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am trying to use the network printer that is on my mom's windows 7 computer which is connected to but the network keeps giving me this error code 0x80070035
The network path was not found. The network is also Wireless so I can use it one my laptop which i'm on windows 8 the error shows up when I click on the network icon and it shows my name of my laptop and the name of her computer I have tried talking to Microsoft people they keep telling me that it's the network not the printer they keep giving me forums that don't help I'm running Kaspersky Pure 3.0 I have tried to add the problem to the firewall since my other windows firewall is disabled I'm lost please help.

A:network printer issue

In order to use the host machines printer via the network...you have to install the driver on the PC that wants to use it. On the PC that want to use the printer via network....go to devices and printers and click add printer....let it search and find the printer, click on the found printer and click to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28182-network-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I m moving my stuff from a year old Printer connection issue... desktop to a Printer connection issue... newer Compaq PC a freebie so don t knock it Since my HP Laserjet printer was connected to a Lava PCI card in the old PC I pulled the card and installed it in the Compaq last night It was LPT in the old PC and was showing up as LPT Printer connection issue... in the Compaq I deleted the old printer file since it showed as being connected via the old PC and installed the new printer on this PC using the same driver etc with LPT as the port I determined it was reading as LPT via the Device Manager on the System Manager program I turned the printer off unplugged it reset everything and couldn t get anything to print The Compaq troubleshooter program didn t help any I did NOT get fancy with any parallel USB converter cables or anything It s the same parallel cable that s been driving the printer for years and was working until yesterday afternoon when I disconnected it from the old PC I then switched the Lava PCI card in the PCI slot with the wireless networking card in the PCI slot just in case there was an issue with the slot but with the cards switched and the printer set up changed to LPT verified via the Device Manager and the computer and printer rebooted I still can t print anything to this printer There s no problem with the USB port printer Canon color inkjet but this laserjet parallel printer doesn t want to work with me I also went into the BIOS and couldn t find anything related to the ports checking for the EPP designation or whatever it is for bidirectionality Went through it a couple of times Only applicable setting was to turn off the quot Plug-n-PLay quot and then turn it back on again and I turned on the diagnostic screen at boot up Rebooted and the PC quot found quot the printer but then I couldn t reinstall the drivers from the original disc It keeps coming up saying that these drivers don t support Windows NT which I m not using I m running Windows XP Home SP Right now I m about to push this printer out the nd floor window right behind it arghhh There are days I hate computers and this is one of them So what am I missing Thanks nbsp

A:Printer connection issue...

You can always google it and download the latest xp drivers for your printer. You can start at the HP webpage
Posted via Mobile Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-connection-issue.855750/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a strange problem I networking issue Printer have two laptops and a desktop all of which are running windows XP I have a printer plugged into a netgear router router is plugged into the desk top the desktop is online wired the two laptops are wireless Printer networking issue I have set up a printer share in windows xp the desk top can print and one Printer networking issue of the laptops can print wirelessly but the other one wont find the printer network I have set up both laptops the same way but when i search for the network with one it finds it and the other doesn t Then it gets weird i took the two laptops to another place hooked the laptop that finds the printer to a different print set up a printer sharing network and the laptop that could not find the other printer sharing network can find the new printer hooked up to the other laptop So i dont know why the laptop isnt finding the other printer sharing network the only thing i can figure is that its a setting on the desktop which i set up the printer sharing network on or the router settings I however did see on another forum that when Mcafe Antivirus expires i can render print sharing useless and both the problematic laptop and the desk top both had mcafe on them which recentually expired Any suggestions nbsp

A:Printer networking issue

if the printer is directly attached to the router, then that is a Networked Printer and it has its own IP address.

If the printer is attached to a system, THEN you need Print Sharing.

Control Panel->Printers->add Printer will get the Add Printer Wizard
add
(*) A network printer or a printer attached to another computer
and here's the difference
Browse for a printer (for a Networked Printer
connect to \\system\sharename (for print sharing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-networking-issue.146524/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all Not been on here for some time Printer issue Framework/Hp .Net I ve lived with a problem now for a few months that that i came across on .Net Framework/Hp Printer issue here from a previous post which was closed by the moderator .Net Framework/Hp Printer issue However it appears that like my problem this was a completely separate issue that this guy had I have exactly the same error and other than this my Laptop seems to run OK I d really appreciate some help on this one as the previous thread gives no details on a potential fix The old thread is this http forums techguy org malware-removal-hijackthis-logs -problems-hell html I have exactly the same issue here is the log -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object at HP CUE Video PlaybackControl UpdateProgressBar at HP CUE Video PlaybackControl ProgressTimer Tick Object sender EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Timer OnTick EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Timer Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr idEvent IntPtr dwTime Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows microsoft net framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- hpqimzone Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe ---------------------------------------- hpqiface Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqiface a cf f c hpqiface dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac system windows forms b a c e system windows forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac system drawing b f f f d a a system drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac system b a c e system dll ---------------------------------------- hpqcc Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqcc a cf f c hpqcc dll ---------------------------------------- hpqutils Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqutils a cf f c hpqutils dll ---------------------------------------- hpqfmrsc Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqfmrsc a cf f c hpqfmrsc dll ---------------------------------------- hpqtray Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqtray a cf f c hpqtray dll ---------------------------------------- hpqovskn Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqovskn a cf f c hpqovskn dll ---------------------------------------- hpqimvlt Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqimvlt a cf f c hpqimvlt dll ---------------------------------------- hpqimgrc Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqimgrc a cf f c hpqimgrc dll ---------------------------------------- Accessibility Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac accessibility b f f f d a a accessibility dll ---------------------------------------- hpqntrop Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac hpqntrop a cf f c hpqntrop dll ---------------------------------------- Interop hpqcxm Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac interop hpqcxm a cf f c interop hpqcxm dll ---------------------------------------- System Xml Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac system xml b a c e system xml dll ---------------------------------------- LEAD Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file c windows assembly gac lead cf f ea b lead dll ---------------------------------------- LEAD Wrapp... Read more

A:.Net Framework/Hp Printer issue

Bump - Can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-hp-printer-issue.671471/
Relevancy 39.99%

Do know if you can add a shared printer (on a domain) without adding the WS to the domain in a win2k/win2k serv environment? I am trying to help someone do this but I do not know how to do it myself.

I am being told that he has a WS that is strictly for net use and he does not want the server to be associated with the WS that is used for the net. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Shared Printer Issue

Can't you just run the Add New Printer Wizard on that PC and find the wanted printer on the network? Should be a piece of cake if you are in the same Workgroup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-printer-issue.20071/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have having a strang issue with my hp laser jet 1000. Everytime I attempt to print a job my cpu usage jumps to 100% and locks up my win2k computer. I have installed & uninstalled the computer multiple times but nothing seems to work. I noticed that if I stop the print spooler service the computer function properly (less printing of course) Help!

A:Win2k printer issue

Maybe its a driver issue.Have you tried a different version driver ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-printer-issue.222537/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a friend who is having trouble accessing a shared printer on her local network.

The printer is connected to one of the desktops and is shared on the network normally. All computers can access the printer, except one.

The computer that can't see the local printer is cabled directly into the LAN. However, at login, it connects to her company's domain. It can not see her local network or the printers on it. The only printers it can access are at her office.

Is there any way to make this computer see the printer on the local network?

thanks
mike

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
Just the other day my Dell 720 printer stopped working. It can turn on, and it's still listed in the printer section of the control panel. However, when I try to print a document, it just remains in the queue and nothing happens.
Does anyone know what could be wrong and any potential solutions?
Thanks in advance!
Also, it might be worth noting that I think it started happening when I tried to print something and got a message from my virus software (Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2007) asking if I'd like to approve or deny some software function, it might have said spool...and I could have sworn I hit approve, but I might have accidentally denied it. Do you know what something like this could have done, and if so, how to correct it?
Thanks again!!!

Relevancy 39.99%

I have a desktop application software that I print off address labels. When I click "print", it used to print all labels straightaway but now it's taking me to "Save Print Output As" and I have to save it and this doesn't allow me to print.

How can I disable this and get it printed straight away?

I'm using Epsom Styplus All in one printer SX215. Printing is extremely slow. Text comes out in red. Toubleshoot doesn't find any issue with it. And it doesn't appear that I can check "Ink Level"?

Please help!

A:Urgent help with Printer Issue

I actually decided to buy a new printer today after spending the whole day as it couldn't be sorted even with Mircrosoft and Epson's Live Chat. The new HP laser printer seems to work fine but I still cannot get this desktop application software to print the labels. It's supposed to print straightaway but somehow it's taking me to "Save Print Output As" instead.

Anyone any idea please?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14360-urgent-help-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I had the HP laserjet P printer issue printer P1006 HP installed and working fine for a HP P1006 printer issue few months then an application hung and the print job was stuck in the que I could not HP P1006 printer issue delete the job and ended up removing the printer to try and reinstall Now I can t successfully install the printer I get an error that says quot an error has occured during installation of this device quot Then it says the required section was not found in the INF I spent hours with HP and got the printer installed in a round about way The printer prints but sometimes hangs Also everytime the PC is started new hardware is being found and it is trying to install the P printer and it fails I have installed the updated USBPRINT INF file and tried different Printer drivers with no luck Does anyone have any ideas Any help would be appreciated I am sure reformatting and reinstalling XP should fix HP P1006 printer issue it but would like to avoid that Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-p1006-printer-issue.739742/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone I just discovered this forum and look forward to participating Here is my current problem I have managed to screwup the printer settings on my laptop running Windows bit I was trying to get an older wireless print server that I owned working with this laptop running Windows The print server firmware appeared to be designed to work with XP and no updates were available However in the setup issue Printer knowledge base there were instructions to make it work via a LPT setup http kb linksys com Linksys ukp as rticleid I tried this but couldn't get it working When I next went to use my printer hardwired it gave me an error message saying no printers installed even though the Printer setup issue printer was showing in Devices and Printers I went to add a printer and got an error message saying Windows can't open Add Printer The local print spooler service is not running Please restart the spooler or restart the machine I go to Task Manager Services and sure enough the Print Spooler is stopped I right click and click Start Service and I get an error message The operation could not be completed Access is denied I have administrator access on this laptop Restarting did not help I have also gone into services properties and given myself full control but was still not able to get the spooler to start I could start it in services msc but it didn't stay started Any helpm would be appreciated Thanks

A:Printer setup issue

Bump, Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521300/printer-setup-issue/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a XP Pro SP1a machine on a network. When I print something(example Calendar from Outlook) i get an extra sheet of paper with the following

PCL XL error

Warning: IllegalMediaSource

The printer is an HP 8150 Laserjet with HP LaserJet 8150 PCL 6 for the driver. It is on a NT 4 SP6 server.

Now, other XP machines can print to this printer, and it doesnt get this extra sheet.

I googled for this error and only found a few similiar situation. Some said to delete the printer and add it again. Didnt work for me.

A:Network printer issue

You using the same exact driver and settings for this as the other computers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-issue.284673/
Relevancy 39.99%

Well after spending about hours of my life on researching this problem online and trying all kinds of quot fixes quot I am turing to this board for help I have a Gateway FX - bit computer running Windows Brand new - purchased months ago I also have an Epson printer which I have had for years When I initially set the PRINTER help me! Please ISSUE! SPOOLER computer up I just plugged in PRINTER SPOOLER ISSUE! Please help me! the printer via USB and it found the drivers and worked No issues Epson doesn't have drivers for the for Windows anyway but I had months of no issues A few days ago I noticed when I went to print something from my Microsoft Home and Student Word program it wouldn't print It said my print spooler was not on I researched and went through the steps to get it back on and to clear out ther files in my system spool printer folder and then turned it back on via services msc Here is the strange part I can print any Word docs that I created previosuly within the past months or docs I created prior to getthing this computer No problem I can print photos I can print PDF files The only time I run into an issue is when I go into Word to create a new doc It won't print It shuts the spooler off I'll have the print spooler window open and I will watch it - once I hit the print button in a NEW document - it changes status from started to stopped Then I have to clear out the printers folder in the system spool printers which will contain files usually named something such as FP SHD and FP SPL or variations of that I have restored a few times I have scanned my computer with different scanners for viruses and malware I have unhooked and deleted my printer emptied the files in the printers folder restarted and then hooked the printer back up I have checked the dependencies for the spooler and they are all set to automatic and started I don't know what else I can do but for this to just stop all of the sudden for new docs I am typing but work for any and all older ones is baffling to me I did change the quot style quot of a Word Doc I was typing the other day to Word so it wasn't all double spaced - which seems like it was around the time of all of this but I am not sure I believe since I have restored so many times that shouldn't be an issue Any help as to what to try next would be so much appreciated Sorry for being so long winded just wanted to include as many details as I can Rob

A:PRINTER SPOOLER ISSUE! Please help me!

This sounds like more of a Word (Office) problem.

Can you print from other Office apps like Excel?

You may want to see if you can do a repair on Word.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/56098-printer-spooler-issue-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I wasn't sure if this were a hardware issue or a software one, as there are aspects of both.

I recently acquired a couple laptops to replace our aging desktop computers. Instead of XP, these came installed with Vista. HP declined to release updated drivers for our printer -- an HP Deskjet 3940 -- and instead told us (via their website) that we could just plug it into the USB port and we'd have some basic functionality with it (which we do).

What I wondered is this: is there an app out there that can communicate with our printer and tell us the ink levels? I'd hate to just have to find out as I'm printing that I'm out of ink.

A:Printer issue -- Vista

There is nothing that I know about.

I was lucky, the supplimentary programs for my 1410v All-In-One were updated. I think they just decided not to update anything made before 2005.

The biggest bummer was for people who still use 95/98/98SE/ME. When MS announced end of suport for them, HP actually killed links to printer driver files for those systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue-vista.852400/
Relevancy 39.99%

Trying to add a printer for a user and having no luck, I discovered that the spoolsv.exe is completely missing from this folder: C:\windows\system32\, where it should be. My question is, can I just copy the exe file from one XP machine to his? Doing a repair is not an option, because he is remote and we do not send out disks and Google isn't helping me with this question. TIA

Relevancy 39.99%

I have a small home office running two Dell Dimensions with a Dell 3100cn color laser and Dell 1600 multifunction laser. Both computers have been unable to print to either of the printers. The only way that the printers will print anything from the print queue is when either computer is rebooted. This is very similar to another thread that did not seem to have a final resolution. (http://forums.techguy.org/networking/757813-dell-3110cn-printer-network-connection.html)

A:another network printer issue...

Since it's all Dell I would hit up their tech support.

I would also try reinstalling the printer drivers and whatnot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-network-printer-issue.794804/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a few different desktops and laptops, I have a printer connected via usb to a recently upgraded windows 10 machine, I also have an old basic desktop that is still running windows xp, I can no longer access the printer on the windows 10 pc through the xp computer. All the sharing is enabled on the printer end, i go to readd the printer to my xp pc and its asking for username and password which doesnt exist. I read that xp and 10 might not work together with workgroups, how else can i add this networked printer to my xp pc?

A:Networked printer issue

So, my first question is why are you still using Windows XP?

That aside, sharing a printer over the network that is connected via USB is a huge pain in the rear end. If you can connect it directly to the network instead, that's the best way to go.

If you have to stay with USB sharing, you need to check and make sure that the Win10 and WinXP computers are on the same work group. By default, WinXP is set to MSHOME and Win10 is set to WORKGROUP. Instructions for that are here: How to change your Computer Name (or Workgroup) in Windows XP - Simple Help

I also see that you say you can "no longer" access the printer. Were you able to at one point? Did you change or install something?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/networked-printer-issue-277967/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Team
Every time I do connect printer because get a error code 0x00000709 in window 7 & with window 8.1 need to restart the printer spooler services & then printer work so please give a permanent solution.
Thanks & Regards
Praveen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ebfd8e9-9b3a-4959-aece-92475ff81e7c/printer-issue-with-window-7-amp-81?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone I am having a little trouble sharing a printer that's hooked up on this machine Windows I am trying to share the issue sharing Having an printer a printer with a netbook Windows and another desktop running XP Having an issue sharing a printer Home So far I can get the netbook to print correctly but the XP system just won't print I can however see my machine from the other one's networking In addition whenever I try to access one of the other systems Having an issue sharing a printer from here IE to put files on my wife's netbook I am getting a Network login prompt for a login and password I also get the same prompt when I try to access the XP machine Any ideas of what I should try In homegroups advanced settings I already have the following set Turn on Network Discovery Turn on file and printer sharing Turn on sharing so anyone with network access Use -bit sharing Turn off password protected sharing These options are set for both quot Home or Work current profile AND quot Public quot

A:Having an issue sharing a printer

Here are two ways of shareing a printer hope it helps: How to Enable Printer & File Sharing between Windows 7 and Windows XP | Windows 7 and Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/72844-having-issue-sharing-printer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

First off I have set up a network for my printer (hp deskjet 940c). The host computer runs on XP as well as another computer that is set up in XP and they both print fine (Both Dell). My problem is I'm trying to set up my new Dell laptop to print off from it as well and it's in Vista. I have it set up on the laptop and the driver installed and I tried to print a test page and it didn't print. I open the printer status and it said spooling instead of printing on both the Host and the laptop and then disapeared. Any ideas?

A:Networking Printer issue

This is a procedure that I've had success with installing Vista printers when the normal install didn't work.
Temporarily connect the printer to the Vista machine and install it as a local printer using the proper Vista drivers.
Disconnect the printer and move it to the XP machine it normally connects to and make sure that it's configured as a shared printer.
Open the Printers and Faxes folder on the Vista machine, right click on the printer and select properties.
Create a new Local Port for this printer with a name of the full network path name to the shared printer, i.e. \\computer_name\printer_name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-printer-issue.786152/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok I have an HP deskjet 3520 that is hooked into my FreeBSD server. The FreeBSD is all good and not one problem there. Now the problem is trying to get it to use on XP sp2 boxes. I can not see it in network places and I have tried to add it via local port method that has worked before but it says my local port is access denied. How do I turn it on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-sp-2-bsd-printer-issue.399767/
Relevancy 39.99%

OK...here's the situation. A user has an HP Deskjet 2200C Printer hooked up locally via Parallel Port. His workstation is running Windows ME. The device works fine when printing from the user's workstation. I made the printer a shared device and installed it on another workstation which is running Win2KPro. I installed it with the latest Win2K driver DLd from HPs website. Test page does not print properly. Went to printer properties and selected "additional drivers" under "Sharing" and installed the same WinME driver on the user's original box. Test page fails to print at all. Any thoughts?

A:Shared Printer Issue

Did you try to install the printer directly on the XP computer, deleting the driver from the ME computer, then adding it again by connecting the networked printer and having XP install the driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-issue.139285/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am helping my mother set up her new HP dv7 laptop running Vista SP1 and an HP 6480 Wireless Printer. Everything went great during the install and the wireless printing was great. Now, every time I restart my machine or wake it up from sleep mode, the print jobs just get stuck in the queue. I have to manually go into services.msc and restart the print spooler, then it starts printing everything. I have tried both patches from HP for this printer and have tried everything they have mentioned, including reinstalling the software completely. Restarting the print spooler every damn time is the only thing that works. Anything else to try? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-issue.866519/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone

Just wondered if you could help me out with a strange printer problem i seem to be having. I have just setup my parents new machine so i have set myself up with the normal admin account. I installed there lexmark printer and i can print from word and print emails out and web pages no problem. I have set both my parents up with a standard account each and they to can print documents from work no problem by selecting the lexmark printer from the drop down menu but for some reason they cant print web pages or web based emails. When you try to print all that is avaliable is the XPS document printer thing, any ideas why they cant print from the web to this printer?

Hope you can help

Many thanks

A:Strange printer issue can you help me out?

You don't say what printer it is, other than just Lexmark but if when you go to File then Print in any program if the printer software is properly installed it should show up in the drop down menu. Have you got it set as the default printer. Go to Control panel, Devices and printers, right click on the printer concerned and select "Set as default printer"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143119-strange-printer-issue-can-you-help-me-out.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My printer has a document sitting in the print queue with the statius as deleting, the job is 14.6MB. It's been sitting like this for nearly a week now. I have deleted the printer and re-installed it. I've stoped and started the spooler and also checked that there is no files in the spooler folder (I was informed that I should delete these if any and that would clear the queue also), but nothing I do is getting rid of the job and I can't print anything else.. Is there any other way to clear this job? Please help me.

Relevancy 39.99%

Morning All,

Well this has me beat. I have installed a pc for a customer we had to re load the os xp home 32 bit.
Everything works fine cameras , scanner etc etc except the laser printer. Brother hl-1030 on lpt 1 parralel port.
Whe you ask for a print test page whatever it proceeds to print then the job gets deleted and no print.
I have no idea what can be causing this can anyone hide my embaressment please.

Best
Dave

A:Printer Spooler Issue

Looks like you need to install the proper drivers.First, follow these directions to remove the drivers currently installed.Then, follow these directions to install the new drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310195/printer-spooler-issue/
Relevancy 39.99%

Dell XP Home Samsung ML- Acer Aspire XP Home Before I go into any great detail let me first of all suppose that the core of what s holding me up is a printer port issue I set up a Dell tower with a parallel printer cable to the Samsung printer and it printed with no problem Then forgetting that I had the parallel cable I plugged the USB cable that I had been running into the Acer into a USB port on the Dell tower Then I printed a page When I plugged the parallel cable back into the Dell the print jobs just queued up and never printed The troubleshooting help file directed me to quot Printers gt Properties gt Ports quot and the list said that it was configured for a USB port The others listed are LPT and Com but I can t figure out how to configure the system so that the printer prints using the parallel connection All help appreciated Thanks in advance SKS Printer Port issue? nbsp

A:Printer Port issue?

Can you select LPT? That is the old type printer port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-port-issue.903435/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have already contacted Kodak and they told me my printer is broke and I need to buy a new one I really think it should be fixable it was a stupid mistake that quot broke quot it And all they did was have me unplug and plug it back it to see if it would is a printer Kodak This issue unfreeze it Very technical of them Anyhow I was hoping that maybe someone else might be able to help me out This is what happened I opened my AiO home center and while messing around in there a firmware update popped up I clicked to update but then saw that I was supposed to have my printer on Well little did I know that you are This is a Kodak printer issue not supposed to stop the process of This is a Kodak printer issue a firmware update This is a Kodak printer issue but that s exactly what I did I hit ctrl alt delete and ended it Since then my printer has become non responsive and the pc no longer detects that it is even there I just can t believe that that one stupid mistake could have completely broke my printer There must be a way to fix this I m running Windows XP on an HP athalon X with gb of ram The printer is a Kodak EasyShare all in one printer I have tried to install the new firmware in the printers current state but I get a message that no printer is detected If more info is needed please let me know I would greatly appreciate any help if it can be provided Much thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-is-a-kodak-printer-issue.828005/
Relevancy 39.99%

hey
i just set up a home wireless network and yeaterday i had some guy come round to do the printer when he done it it woked but now nothing....in my prenter and faxes label the other computers printer is there. but when i try printing there is an error
any suggestions
both systems running xp ...and printer is epson cx3200

help wud b appriciated

A:[B]printer networking issue[/B]

Go to your printer properties and see if it's using the USB port.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/b-printer-networking-issue-b-13335.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a HP issue printer Solved: color laserjet printer connected to a HP computer The printer was working fine this morning and now when I go to print the printer icon in the lower right hand tray comes up then goes away I open the the printer and there are no jobs pending It acts like it has printed but it didn t I have uninstalled the printer removed the usb printer from device manger removed the hp folder with the drive for the printer from the c drive stopped and restarted the printer spooler in Solved: printer issue the services changed out the usb cable reinstalled the printer driver reconnected the printer computer finds the printer and it says it is ready to use I try to print and the same thing happens So after doing this over and over I decided to install the printer on my laptop Solved: printer issue and connect it to the laptop via usb It works great able to print It has to be something going on with the PC but I don t know what Can anyone give me some advice on this issue nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Can anyone help me? I have this same printer and am trying to fax a document.

I entered the correct fax number and it cant find a dial tone.

A:Printer Install issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.
BTW, is this really a networking issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-install-issue.727241/
Relevancy 39.99%

I installed a print driver for a HP Laser Jet 2200. Now, when the system starts, I get a "Procedure Entry Point GetJobA could not be found in dynamic link library in Spoolss.dll" The printer works fine, this error comes up everytime the system is booted. I went through the HP procedure to delete the printer, which eliminated the error, but when re-installing the print driver, it comes back. H.P. doesn't have a clue. Any suggestions? System is a Dell optliplex, Windows 2000.
Thanks
Bill Heinson

A:Printer Driver Issue

You are not using the latest driver.
Full info on fixing it is here:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7200/rh7244.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-driver-issue.199468/
Relevancy 39.99%

So I've got another issue with the relics of laser printing technology. I was hoping someone could inform me on how to get the IP address of a LasJet 5Si printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Erik

A:Another Printer Issue (LaserJet 5Si)

if it is attached to your router, you could see All Attached Devices - - at least my Netgear does that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-printer-issue-laserjet-5si.153757/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Dell 400 MHz w/128 ram and an HP 722C printer. recently, the printer started taking an extremely long time to print. When I print something, the first line or so prints normal and then there is a really long pause. Than another line will print. Then a really long pause, etc. Eventually it will just stop printing altogether. I have tried re-installing the drivers and this issue was not resolved.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:HP deskjet printer issue

You might try this driver. I think most of the 722s shipped with the 10.0 driver. http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...c=en&softitem=Microsoft Windows 98&sw_lang=en

When you say you reinstalled the driver did you remove it in add/remove programs? You have to do that and it is probably best to remove the printer from the printer folder as well. Reboot the computer and cancel out of the new hardware box for the printer. Install the software and reboot and it should show up.

First make sure it is showing as an EPP or ECP printer port on the details tab in your printers folder: Start>Settings>Printers. You might also mess with the spool settings, but note what they are so you can reset them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-deskjet-printer-issue.119636/
Relevancy 39.99%

I can t seem to find anything about my specific problem I had an HP PSC all-in-one series printer connected to a Dlink print Windows issue printer USB 7 server The printer started making terrible noises when it started up so I disconnected it and reconnected an old deskjet instead I recently fixed the all-in-one turned out i just needed to clean the scanning glass and mirrors but the print server no longer powers up Now here s the real issue I can t get the Windows 7 USB printer issue printer to install locally via USB port I was finally able to delete the network printer it kept coming back after reboot offline but I can get Windows to auto-detect and install the drivers I can t even download the drivers from the HP website because they aren t available windows update only I can t manually add the printer either because the virtual USB port is unavailable I d really like to get this printer running again especially because I brought it back from the dead and I really need to scanner Any help will be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481738/windows-7-usb-printer-issue/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone. I've ran into an issue I can't seem to figure out, and I'm starting to think it's a hardware problem.

I have a fairly new office printer, a Lanier LP137CN. Everything is printing good, with the exception of most of our PDF files. However...

1) printing in JUST black and white, the images and text look great
2) printing in color, the black text is blurry...but any other color on the page is fine

I've installed brand new drivers, both PCL5 and PCL6, plus the PS driver. I've printed from about 5-6 computers, three different operating systems (Windows 8, 7 and XP).

Thing is, this wasn't happening for months, and suddenly, it has become an issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-issue-printing-a-pdf.1122222/
Relevancy 39.99%

User calls and says printer is continually printing garbage. We look at the printers folder and that printer has 3300 jobs and climbing. I did cancel all do***ents in it, and it stopped at 6150. I rebooted and it came bcak with 2170. I canceled those, rebooted again and it now it is fine. This has happend twice. If you've seen this or know what causes it, let me know.

A:another weird printer issue

Is it an Epson?

They have a fix for that on thier site. I had the same thing when it would just have documents out of no where when ever i restart windows. It never reached that high a number of documents. I belive it was something to do with the way windows and spooling got along.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/another-weird-printer-issue-10797.html
Relevancy 39.99%

We recently ordered a Network Printer Issue new printer for our small business network It is EXACTLY like the old printer same model and I verified it has the same firmware rev as the old one Since the driver software was already installed on all our machines no need to do that There is a static IP for the printer which is So this is basically Network Printer Issue a swap out to the same equipment but the new printer will not recognize the proper IP address it just reflects the factory default I spoke to the Tech Support people at Brother it is an HL -DN laser and they tried a bunch of things with me and we reset it a few times and they concluded the network card was bad which seems a bit unlikely to me I asked if the MAC address of the printer is an issue since it is obviously different than the old one albeit the same printer spec Maybe we need to update the MAC address on the server router or maybe this isn t an issue Help is appreciated John R nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Please Help I have an hp officejet v all-in-one printer I don't currently use the fax or phone so I didn't have that set up I have a friend who is also a computer tech and he believes the problem computer/printer PLEASE--Help issue with is actually my computer settings and not my printer Because my printer will scan and copy I wish I could remember when I first noticed problems w it and could think of any changes that happened at the time but I can't I did an uninstall and re-installed from the CD It appears to be downloading and set up progressing as it should Then the quot Hardware PLEASE--Help with computer/printer issue Wizard quot comes up and says quot cannot install this hardware There was a problem installing hp officejet series An error occurred during the installation of the device The RPC server is unavailable quot When I go to quot control panel quot - quot administrative tools quot - quot services quot it says my RPC and Print Spooler are running and set to automatic When I go to quot run quot - quot msconfig quot - quot services quot - it says my RPC is running but my PRINT SPOOLER is stopped This surely PLEASE--Help with computer/printer issue is part of the problem - do you have any ideas from here Also - when I right click on the printer icon and click on properties I get this error message quot Printer properties cannot be displayed The print spooler services is not running quot If I PLEASE--Help with computer/printer issue try to print I get this message quot Before you can print you need to select a printer Double click to add printer of find printer If you need to install a printer double click the add printer icon or click quot find printer quot When I click quot ADD PRINTER quot I get this message - quot Operation could not be completed the print spooler service is not running When I click on quot FIND PRINTER quot I don't know what to enter there At one time during all this I also received this message quot C windows Explorer EXE Function address x c c caused a protection fault exception code x some or all property pages may not be displayed quot But I don't receive that error every time I've tried un-installing and re-installing Another thing I've noticed on the printer display is says quot FAX quot previously I think it said quot print quot My friend believes all these problems are with my computer because I was going to just buy a new printer but he doesn't think it would work and I would still have the same problems If you have any ideas or suggestions I would really appreciate your help I have a Compaq Presario XP w updates I use Firefox as my browser and AVG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-with-computer-printer-issue-440262.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
I have configured the printer on windows server 2008R2 and, I have hosted the printer URL with the help of IIS manager.
when I am trying to connect the printer with the help of URL from IE Version 9,10,11. I cannot find the connect option on the browser, the same thing when I am trying to connect with IE Version 8. I can find the connect option and able to connect successfully.
please provide me the suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cef68a0a-01f0-46d3-9b16-1531c1e35ecc/ipp-printer-connectivity-issue?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi!

I just upgraded my home pc to win7. My laptop has had it for some time. Previously, before either had win7, I had a home network set up and could print from any user on the laptop. Now, I can only print from the administrator. When I try to add the printer on any other user acct it cannot find the printer. I've been at this for hours and can't figure it out. I have a workgroup set up.

Thanks for your help. Let me know if you need more information.

Blessings,

Tim

Relevancy 39.99%

have a HP Officejet5601 all-in-one printer that will not print. In an attempt to download an order form from the internet, I followed the directions to reset my printer so the form would download. Form still dones't download and now printer won't print anything.....

A:Printer installation issue

When you install some printer whatever tool that some other source tells you you must install to print their tickets, coupons, or forms AND then it screws up your printing, just remove their crap-ware and re-install your printer software.

Hopefully that will get you going again.

Once going again, and you still want to print whatever it was that got you into trouble, just see if there is some other format of the item you want, that you can select instead, to download.

I suggest that you look for a .PDF format of what it is you want. A .PDF format will only require the free and easily available Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the item.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-installation-issue.941241/
Relevancy 39.99%

I had a virus on my hp computer. Took it to Staples & they did a factory reset. I have a canon pixma mg 2520 printer and when I install software the drivers cannot be installed. I use Windows 7. Printer worked fine before reset. HELP