Windows Support Forum

Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

Q: Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

Guys am new to forum forgive me for my errors

my laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc. when I connect it to lap it jest hang on posting(power on self test) but when I connect it to my pc it works. also when I boot with linux mint cd it shows that hard disk is not good

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

The partition is good (assuming you can read data when attached to the PC) but the MBR is corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-disk-is-not-working-on-my-laptop-but-work-on-my-pc.192107/
Relevancy 84.28%

For a few weeks my laptop sometimes gives the messages 'Hard Disk Error please run the hard disk test in system diagnostics' However this only happens when my laptop wakes up out of the sleeping mode not when its starting up completely When i do this hard disk test it says that there is no hard drive installed However when I exit system diagnostics my laptop runs fine And when I restart my laptop I get no message and when I do the exstensive test it runs fine and there are no laptop my Hard but Error is great working still DIsk problems nbsp Since I still have warranty I would like to know if this is an issue I should adress right now or if I don't have to worry Hard DIsk Error but my laptop is still working great Also since I'm not a native English speaker and since I have my laptop at the language Dutch instead of English I have translated the messages myself it could be that I made some mistakes and the actual message in English is different nbsp Thanks in advance for your help

A:Hard DIsk Error but my laptop is still working great

You cannot ignore the message. Start a warranty case and see if HP wants to replace the hard drive. I am concerned that the hard disk test says none is installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-DIsk-Error-but-my-laptop-is-still-working-great/td-p/5606631
Relevancy 83.42%

So my laptop s motherboard broke hard laptop broken Retrieve data disk working from but and unfortunately the only way to fix it at Best Buy is if I pay - dollars which is just not going to happen In fact I don t Retrieve data from broken laptop but working hard disk even need the actual laptop anymore I just need one very important document from the HDD Which I m sure still functions fine I trawled around the internet for guides on getting data from a working HDD written in quot English quot but the only thing I could find was a reference to something called a quot hard drive caddy quot I can t seem to find much about this quot caddy quot except that it holds the HDD in place and I couldn t find any mention of if I could connect it to another working computer via USB Can these caddies be purchased at a local Best Buy Because this is the first time I ve ever heard of one And is there any other way to get this one document from the HDD It is very important to me Thanks Greg nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi..

I hope someone can help...

I have a SONY VAIO PCG-GRT170 that is 4 and a half years old....the display has stopped displaying.....

Wehn I plug in an external VGA monitor, I can see everything on the monitor.

I did the Function F5 kek, I did the WIndows Logo and D key to refresh the laptop monito to no avial.

It just automnatically stopped displaying last night. I shut it down, and reboooted and still nothing.

Id the screen on the laptop shot? If so, it is repariable or am I out of luck?

Thank you all for your help.

A:Laptop Display not working on laptop, butg it does work on old monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-not-working-on-laptop-butg-it-does-work-on-old-monitor.742900/
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings I have an Asus laptop running windows bit and this laptop came with hard drives each partitioned into two parts C amp D and E amp F I am transferring over GB of data from one drive C to the other F Get this the transfer rate is MB s right now Over hours left to copy the GB There are over items but that still does not justify the MB s I am open to any suggestions Hard transfer Extremely Disk Slow Laptop Disk Hard to but first a few points Yes I am sure they are two separate drives with those partitions Error checking showed zero errors on both drives This is the rd time I am trying a transfer Both drives are relatively empty especially the F C is my system disk The SMART data shows no read write errors or overheating I have disabled the virus protection and all real-time scanning Again I am very open to suggestions and checks Feel free to post your idea Thanks in advance

A:Laptop Hard Disk to Hard Disk transfer Extremely Slow

My experience with file transfers of the type you describe...is that the number of files doesn't matter...what matters is how large the files are.  Video files take much longer than text or document files.

Slow transfer rates between partitions/drives...can indicate a problem with either the partititon or the drive, IMO.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573201/laptop-hard-disk-to-hard-disk-transfer-extremely-slow/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an Alienware M11x with Windows 7. This brand of Alienware laptops "does not" have a disk drive, so a windows 7 boot disk is useless even if I had one, which I don't. I tried to start up this laptop today and Windows will not load. it goes to startup repair, and startup repair will not fix the issue. So I don't know how to fix this issue and get windows 7 to load. Every tutorial I
find online say "use the boot disk." I don't have a boot disk, as I said this laptop doesn't even have a disk drive built in.

A:Win 7 Startup Repair Not Working. No boot disk or laptop disk drive.

Use a windows 7 boot usb drive, that you can make your self for free?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-startup-repair-not-working-no-boot-disk-or-laptop-disk-drive.1103656/
Relevancy 72.24%

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram)

Relevancy 71.81%

I bought a f series Compaq laptop ok It's originally with VISTA but the previous owner installed Windows Ultimate in it Runs ok and everything but I want my lappy to be in its original state my Hard USB, DISK, Unable boot but [email protected]#% from ANYTHING to laptop OK here's the problem I spent HOURS and hours trying to solve without success I can't Unable to boot my laptop from DISK, USB, ANYTHING but Hard [email protected]#% boot my Laptop from USB CD-ROM USB FLASH DRIVE nor External disk drive I checked BIOS I set the boot order like I'm supposed to DISK gt USB gt HDD Nothing happens I hit f for BIOS setup or ESC for Boot order and I only see Hard Drive as boot option No CD USB I tried to quot repair computer quot F and I get no repair option only restore option with restore points I have use Partition manager to check partitions I am unable to install RECOVERY Unable to boot my laptop from DISK, USB, ANYTHING but Hard [email protected]#% MANAGER I get missing quot HardDisk dll quot or when I install hdd dll I get error code that Recovery Manager is unable to run I have recovery Disks for both VISTA X and WIN X and both are no use since I can't access those I tried to upgrade my BIOS F gt gt gt Running the BIOS upgrade software I got from HP official site I get to the point where the Software tells me it is creating a FLASH BIOS and I get immediately the blue screen with quot memory dump quot message This happens every time I try to upgrade I'm not too knowledgeable in computers but I can troubleshoot easily with good instructions I've tried everything and I come across with a problem after a problem It's so frustrating I even tried the original WIN and VISTA installation disks as a last option No I can't boot from the disk What is going on k

A:Unable to boot my laptop from DISK, USB, ANYTHING but Hard [email protected]#%

There has to be a setting in the BIOS that is stopping you from booting from the USB or CD/DVD drive. That is IF those to thing actually work.

Have you checked to see if the USB and CD/DVD drive work?

As to the memory dump when trying to update the BIOS. You are doing this from inside Windows? I would suspect that because of the memory dump error.

99% of the time the computer/OS BSODs from memory errors. Memory errors come from bad memory.
If the notebook has 2 sticks of memory remove one of them then try the BIOS update. If it still BSODs put that stick back in and remove the other.
If it still BSODs then try it from a Safe Mode boot or from a Command line boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/157165-unable-boot-my-laptop-disk-usb-anything-but-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hi guys i was just wondering if anyone could help me, i got my laptop about 4 months ago and the disk drive worked fine, just recently i put a dvd to watch and it just didn't work. i'm not the best with computers so simple steps will be appreciated thanks

Relevancy 69.66%

I've developed a problem with the RAM on my laptop which stops me using it. It is still under warranty but has information on it which I need urgently and I know it will take about 5 weeks to be repaired. The Hard Disk is removable (although I have to remove a screw to take it out) so is there any way I can connect it to another computer to retrieve the required information?

The Laptop is a 1.8 GHz running XP and the disk size is 30GB

Thanks

Pete

A:Laptop Hard Disk

If you have a desktop, you can buy a 2.5" to 3.5" hard drive adapter.

Set the laptop drive as a slave drive and copy the files over to the other hard drive.

Otherwise, you could put it in an external enclosure. Make sure that it's compatible with 2.5" hard drives, works with USB and some external cases will only work if it's also plugged in with an AC adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-disk.306196/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi i am rebuilding a toshiba laptop whilst i know how to builld a desktop PC laptops is new to me what I wanted to know was do laptops have IDE cables the same as desktop pcs particularly the hard disk?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi to all subscribers!

I am having problem what to purchase. My hard disk in toshiba notebook laptop was damage. The problem is when i ask the service center of toshiba the hard disk is so expensive.

My question is. Is all laptop hard disk are all the same? if is not..what to look into to buy a different brand.

Thanks

A:Laptop Hard Disk

Click here and purchase the one you can afford. Are they the same? Pretty much the same, but I do have preferences. I'd buy a Seagate or a Western Digital that spins at 7200RPM, and I'd buy the disk with the best warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-disk.82171/
Relevancy 69.23%

My sister's laptop is pretty much ruined by a virus and win 7 needs re-installing. She lost her recovery disks, but I have mine from my laptop. Will this work? Her's is dell and mine is a compaq. The specs are basically the same.

And is there a built in sustem recovery? I tried system restore and it failed, I believe, due to the virus.

A:Solved: Will a system recovery disk from another laptop work on another one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-a-system-recovery-disk-from-another-laptop-work-on-another-one.970667/
Relevancy 68.8%

not sure what happened. was using it and everything was fine, left the room for maybe 5 minutes, came back and the screen was on the start up menu saying "Boot Device Not Found" under that it said "Please install an operating system on your hard disk" and under that "Hard Disk - (3F0)" after running the offered diagnostics tests the problem seems to be the hard disk. what happened and more importantly what do i do? the computer hasnt had any problems, hasnt been running slow, shouldnt have any viruses, and like i said i was using it not 5 minutes before this and it was running smoothly. im writing this on a friends laptop and i really need to get my own back. Help please. 

A:my laptop says my hard disk does not exist

OH My God! Im facing the same problem too!! Today i put my laptop in the laptop case,but i was packing other stuff and i forgot to zip the case, then i held the suit case and next thing i know is my laptop falling on the floor and the battery came out!!! I was SHOCKED O-O !!! I opened my lAptop , and thank god everything was working well and normally....but when i came back home,and opened the laptop it worked,but the finger print password didnt, while i was working,the whole system froze!!! And the lap top turned black!! Next thing i see was the message yv written up there ><...i really need my laptop! Im a university student who has to do everything on her laptop cuz my major requires that, please help!!! My laptop is hp pavilion, im really afraid of losing the data on my hard drive, its Very Vert important!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-laptop-says-my-hard-disk-does-not-exist/td-p/523763
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello

After a power loss today my laptop, or more correctly the hardisk stopped to live. I can start the laptop, enter setup and run diagonostic tools.
But when I try to scan the disk, I get an error. As well when I try to format it. It looks like its corruptet. Cant access it either.

Anyone have a good tip for this?

Thanks in advance

A:Hard disk crash on laptop

What errors? "Can't access" means what?

You can use the diagnostic tool from the hard drive manufacturer to test the disk for permanent damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-crash-on-laptop.20714/
Relevancy 68.8%

Toshiba m50 ... problem hard drive frecked. got new one, old was 40 ide new is 80 ide motherboard and bios cant see it? tried lots of partion programs. i think i might have to partion it or flash the bios to a later one. or partion the 80 to 40x2. any help much appreciated!!!

update: or the 1/50 chance its bum hard disk.

A:Laptop hard disk problem

I don' think you will be able to get the laptop to read an 80ide when it may only support a max of 40ide. Read the motherboards manual to see the maximum allowed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-disk-problem.698053/
Relevancy 68.8%

Has anyone here any experience with connecting a second hard disk to a laptop via the optical drive bay? I am interested in doing this with a Dell Latitude D520 and an HP DV6000 laptop.

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

I need a new hard disk for my Vaio. It is a PCG-GZ model and the only one I have seen online is too expensive. I understand any 2.5 inch disk will do, is that correct? If so does anyone have one they can recommend for this model? 40 Gig or above and not too pricey are my only requirements.

Any advice welcome

Relevancy 68.8%

I just sold my 160-Gigabyte laptop hard disk and I want to know what's the largest PATA drive available for a laptop. I found this 250GB at NewEgg and I'm reasonably sure that's the largest. Just want to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/largest-hard-disk-available-for-a-laptop.648321/
Relevancy 68.8%

Toshiba Satellite P15-S420. Need to replace the hard disk.

It isn't obvious where the hard disk is located in this laptop and it would make my job much easier if I had some help on where it is and how to get it out.

A:Solved: Where is the hard disk in this laptop?

Never mind. I found it (as lying up-side-down) under the DVD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-where-is-the-hard-disk-in-this-laptop.847335/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there.

I want to connect my 3.5 Hard disk to my laptop, i was able to do that before using the ide converter something like that but 2 weeks ago i did some changes to my laptop to increase its boot speed, i dont exactly remember that i did but since then whenever i try connect any of my 3 HDs to the laptop, they do turn on and i can see the safely remove icon but i cant see the drives in Computer, and after awhile its says that i need to format the drives first????? it happens on all my 3 HDs.

Eagerly waiting for replies.

A:Connecting a 3.5 HD(Hard disk) to a laptop

hi..
On run type "mmc"
then "file" > "Add in snap" > add > add disk management
and then check if you can see the hard drive on there.. if it had wrongly been formatted you need to format it again "nfts" format..

cheers
Ash

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281005-connecting-3-5-hd-hard-disk-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.8%
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi there,

I am using HP Laptop.

Today its generating some strange noises on and off.

Laptop has never been opened up previously by a technician for repairing purpose.

I have very important data on its hard disk.

Can anyone tell me please how to solve this issue.

Looking for urgent reply.

Regards

Relevancy 68.8%

toshiba satelite l655
windows 7 64

y.day i made some changes in my laptop. i did shrink some space from c drive to d drive (now c drive about 75 gb, total hd 500) and restart and it went fine, after while i installed a mac theme as i did before several times, then i did restart, my lap wont booting, i see some red horizontal lines on white display. i have tried some power methods but didnt work. i remove the HDD, started, its going fine on bios, then i found that the problem with HDD. so all i want to know is the HDD can be repaired or something. or i should replace it, but i have important stuff in my D drive.

please help me out

Thanks in advance

sorry for the poor language

A:Laptop not booting up from Hard Disk

state what do you find that your HDD is problematic in BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-booting-up-from-hard-disk-657029.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My HP Pavillion dv9000 motherboard got destroyed and i was hoping to just plug my laptop hard disk to work on my desktop using those adapters since the motherboard is too expensive to replace.

just wanted to know the following before getting one:

my desktop runs on XP and the laptop on Vista, if I do successfully plug my notebook HDD to my desktop will I have both XP and Vista on my desktop?

how will this affect my desktop? I will be installing drive C of my laptop HDD which contains the vista OS, will there be two drive C's? and will i be able to pick which one to boot or will the extra HDD automatically act as a slave disk while still retaining its vista OS?

lastly, what do i need to know about my laptop HDD before purchasing the conversion kit?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys,
I will try to explain this.First i have Asus laptop N75sf and it comes with two hard disks Seagate ST 9500423AS each 500 gb.The one i use for storing documents movies etc. it is not recognized.But i can use the laptop because the other one is good and there is my windows installed.When i turn on my laptop the hard disk makes some noise more than usual but after a while it stops.Sometimes my laptop freezes completly and i cant move my mouse nothing.So what are your suggestions ? Did the hard disk stoped working ?or something else is the problem? My laptop is only 4 months old and it hadnt got any crashes like fell on ground or something like that, that can damage the HD.
Thanks in advance

A:hard disk not recognized on laptop

It could be one of your hard drives is failing and that is the noise you are hearing. It's only 4 months old so if it was mine I would take it to the place I bought it from.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215320-hard-disk-not-recognized-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hard disk of my laptop is crashed. Is it there any substitute way of replacing the hard disk?Pls advice.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Regarding-crashed-hard-disk-of-laptop/td-p/5661114
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,

A client of mine has an HP laptop. I don't have the exact model, but it came with Windows 7, Beats Audio, and has a 17" display.

I replaced the hard drive about 8 months ago with a solid state drive, a Samsung 840 EVO. Everything has been fine with it since then, but recently, the laptop is giving a Hard Disk Error, Hard Disk 1 (3F1) message on every boot. The user can hit F2 for Diagnostics, and then exit.

Once in Windows, I have ran the Samsung Magician software and no SMART errors are reported and everything is showing up as working normally. Scan Disk finds no problems.

So why does the BIOS think there is an issue?

Any help would be great.

A:HP Laptop - Hard Disk Error (3F1)

I would suggest you make sure the drive has the latest Firmware, and run a performance test with Magician. Dee if the results are close to the specs of the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370518-hp-laptop-hard-disk-error-3f1.html
Relevancy 68.37%

On my computer stopped working today I am no reason why it the on my computer stopped working today no working. I woke I went to go on my work computer to see my emails for my work but I couldn't booted up and whenever I tried it said information about my fan come on the website when I woke find much about it so I decided to come on the forums and ask. Does anyone know what to do because I could not figure it out at all thank youJayword93

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-fan-on-my-work-laptop-stopped-working/td-p/5647730
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone i lives in india and i got G72-B60US laptop from my uncle which he bought in US and yesterday i got message like like this " Hard disk 301 " and it shown me that back up your data immidately what should i do? if hard drive needs to be replace than which should i buy?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/i-Got-G72-B60US-laptop-and-Hard-disk-problem/td-p/5686533
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I forgot to create any recovery disks for my E532 laptop and the hard disk has failed. I?ve bought a new hard disk thinking I could download a build disk from Microsoft and input the key for Windows. However I get no boot options at all, i.e. the bootable device list is blank. I have changed the boot order to no avail. I don?t want to have to buy recovery disks if possible so is there a way round please? It was Windows 8.1 when I bought the laptop and upgraded to W10.Thanks

A:hard disk replaced need to rebuild laptop

just follow these simple steps:download the iso file of microsoft windows 10 (x64 if your PC has over 4GB of ram) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10download Rufus, plug an USB flash drive and set Rufus as on the home page screen:https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_USclick on the little disk icon on Rufus and point to the downloaded iso filelet Rufus copy the installation files on USB flash drivereboot your PCplug the USB flash drive, press F12 at next boot and choose the USB flash drive as bootable deviceproceed with windows 10 installation and skip the product key requestenjoy your windows 10 installation

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/hard-disk-replaced-need-to-rebuild-laptop/td-p/465800
Relevancy 68.37%

Guys I am looking to replace the hard disk in my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop with an SSD drive to improve performance. Can someone please advise what interface/size/height/dimensions that is required for successful installation. Please also advise any additional information that I might require. Thanks in advance,T  

A:Want to replace hard disk in laptop with SSD drive

actually you can't upgrade there are differnt slots for SSD,means its coonecting port with motherboard is different.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Want-to-replace-hard-disk-in-laptop-with-SSD-drive/td-p/5732193
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all My laptop was working fine with a new replaced motherboard Suddenly one day it showed some problem in processing further when I started it When checked detected laptop Hard drive disk not by being the by a local service guy it was diagnosed that the hard disk had got damaged He couldn t exactly specify the problem but we got to know that the hard disk Hard disk drive not being detected by the laptop was not being detected by the laptop or any other PC or laptop Now when we connect the hard disk with any system laptop it gives a little sound of the fan or the motor or whatever running but then it Hard disk drive not being detected by the laptop stops It is a Samsung make GB one One guy has said that he will try changing the PCB and it may work I jus want to know if it Hard disk drive not being detected by the laptop can be repaired and more than that I have my sister s wedding pics and videos in that with no back up Is there any means by which I can recover those files I don t want anything else Please help I am in trauma nbsp

A:Hard disk drive not being detected by the laptop

Now when we connect the hard disk with any system/laptop it gives a little sound of the fan or the motor (or whatever) running but then it stops.Click to expand...

It is most likely dead, and you'll want to find a recovery service provider, which by the way, are usually quite expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-drive-not-being-detected-by-the-laptop.150693/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I just got a new Acer Laptop weeks ago It has Disk on Acer Hard New Laptop Full a GB hard drive and runs on the Vista Home Premium operating system I have only downloaded my FujiFilm Camera software and my new Koday ESP- printer software to this computer I purchased an quot iPod to Computer quot program in an effort to restore my gb iPod library to the hard drive of this computer and the program seems to be working fine The problem is that I Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop keep getting messages that the quot C quot drive doesn t have enough space for the iTunes library and that I am running on low disc space When I click on the quot computer quot icon to check the stats the quot C quot drive shows that it is nearly full I just don t know this disc can be this full already There is also a quot D quot drive that has gb free space but the iPod conversion program and iTunes always configures everythig to the quot C quot drive The quot C quot drive looks to have around a capacity of gb before it somehow got full Even at that gb of the quot D quot drive and gb of the quot C quot drive don t add up to the gb hard drive this laptop is supposed to have and why are there different hard drives Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop instead of Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop just one Bottom line is how do I know what programs and files I can safely delete from the quot C quot drive in order to download or copy my iTunes library to the quot C quot drive Or is there some way I can reconfigure the iTunes library to the quot D quot drive I just don t understand how the quot C quot drive could have so much stuff on it already And once I get the iTunes library loaded will there be room for anything else This all seemed to be much easier with my Compaq Presario and it only had a gb hard drive with a ton of other stuff on it and I didn t have these problems I ve been working on this for days and am frustrated and at a loss for how to proceed Any help or advice you can offer will be most appreciated Dustylg email protected nbsp

A:Full Hard Disk on New Acer Laptop

Acer have partioned your drive into two
1) C:
2) D:

If you are using vista then it is quite easy to move all your data files across to the D drive

have a read here
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=215

Itunes will also allow you to have the music library anywhere you want it
I would remove all the music
setup your data in the D drive as above link
Now in itunes
goto
Edit
preferences
advanced tab

you can move the folder across to your D drive now

then copy all the music across , if you have 30GB of music, and with pictures that will probably fill up the D: drive ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-hard-disk-on-new-acer-laptop.780505/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi History long story short I bought a used HP Pavilion Ze It gave good service for years Then the HDD died I came to TSG forums for help They recommended I buy a new HDD and format drive)? new to HDD (hard a disk laptop How install it So I ordered a new HDD off NewEgg I also bought one of those USB caddy thingies to plug in my hard disk into I bought this HDD http www newegg com product product asp item N E And this USB How to format a new laptop HDD (hard disk drive)? enclosure http www newegg com product product asp item N E Note I don t have the original XP CDs nor do I have recovery CDs I didn t bother ordering the recovery CDs from HP because I have access to a low-cost XP license I teach at a university Present time i e today I tried installing the new HDD into my How to format a new laptop HDD (hard disk drive)? HP laptop My laptop gave the same error it was giving with the bad HDD I thought maybe the new HDD needs to be formatted Next I plugged the old dead HDD into the USB enclosure and tried plugging it to my other working laptop It gave some kind of hardware installation error Fair enough Next I plugged in the new HDD into the USB enclosure and tried plugging it to my other working laptop No error it said my hardware was installed properly HOWEVER there was no new drive letter I concluded that this was probably because that HDD is not formatted so my other working laptop cannot assign it a drive letter So my questions How do I format this new HDD of mine Is my above analysis correct Thanks for your help nbsp

A:How to format a new laptop HDD (hard disk drive)?

Go to start>run and type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter, you can format from here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-format-a-new-laptop-hdd-hard-disk-drive.597041/
Relevancy 68.37%

My dell insnpiron 15's hard drive is crashed. I want to format my laptop. How i can do it? I attached usb stick, which includes windows 8 os in it. Nd i make itbootable. When i boot it, its shows loading files. Thn nothing is come. Screen is gonna black. Help me out. Hope for the best option. I want to format it.
Thank u

A:Hard disk is crashed. Now can I format my laptop ?

URVIJ,
The error code 2000-0142 represents a failed hard drive and will need to be replaced. You will not be able to format and reinstall Windows on the drive.,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982173
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi. I'm new here and I really need some info. I have a Galaxy High Speed 3.5" Hard Disk External Enclosure connected to the PC and all is well. BUT...I need to connect my laptops to the External Drive as well. I cannot find them on the network connections. Any advice?

Relevancy 68.37%

Smart hard disk error
The smart hard disk check has deceted an imminent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the hard disk test in system diagostics.

Hard disk 1 (301)

F2 system diagostics

Enter-continue startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup

A:my laptop HP pavilion has probleme of hard disk

Welcome to the forums!

You really didn't ask a question......... so I'm going with this . Yes as recommended I would IMMEDIATELY back up anything essential and/or wanted before your drive dies. I would also ensure all your recovery media is ready.

We have many fine tutorials here, heres one on how to replace your drive.

SATA Hard Drive - How to Install and Setup

We also have tutorials on how to re-install windows, here's a couple of those

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Clean Install Windows 7

Hope these help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300676-my-laptop-hp-pavilion-has-probleme-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

For several weeks now, I have connected an 80 GB 3.5” hard-disk to a laptop (Hard-disk <-> IDE-USB cable <-> USB 2.0 hub <-> Laptop USB port). No problems.
I now bought another IDE-USB cable and connected a DVD RW 3.5” device.

The device is recognized (PnP) in Win XP. However, when I try to burn a DVD, the DVD disappears from the disks’ list (in “my computer” and “disks management”).

I have not yet found the cause.
My suspicion is that the combined traffic from the external disk and the load of burning a DVD is too much for the USB 2.0 protocol to handle.

Has anyone seen similar problems ?

Bye,
Ron.

Relevancy 68.37%

Samsung HM320II Spinpoint M7 459 note 2.5" 320 GB 8 MB 5400 rpm 4 2 SATA 3GB/s.
Is this hard disk for a laptop or Notebook or does it not matter?
I have done some searching a review on Amazon say it's great for a laptop or tower and I have seen playstation mentioned as well. It is second hand and it takes a while to start up took 5 minutes today to load my desktop, a black screen for 5 mins, it has been formatted and I don't know if it needs drivers! As I thought hard drives came with drivers installed.

A:Is this hard disk for a laptop or Notebook or does it not matter?

Generally speaking a 2.5" hard drive (form factor) is laptop while 3.5" is desktop. Depending on how the enclosure or bay is designed, it's possible to put a 2.5" drive in a 3.5" enclosure or bay. As far as the slow boot times, you might want to run the usual maintenance/troubleshooting steps. Things like disk cleanup, check disk, defrag, system file checker scan, etc. Of course it might also be an indication that the drive is failing. These troublshooting tutorials could help diagnose the issue(s).

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255931-hard-disk-laptop-notebook-does-not-matter.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi im terry wiggers,

I must have re-done my laptop 20 times now, it keeps not responding when it turns on, Saying a hard disk problem, and freezing up?,
Any ideas why its doing this?, Here's my specs:
Advent Eclipse E300 Red
Windows 7 home premium
2GB DDR3 RAM
250GB Hard Drive
Wirless is 802.11b/g/n
13.3" Widescreen
Integrated intel Mobile 4 Series

Help Would be appreciated Thanks,

Terry wiggers

A:Laptop Being slow and says hard disk problem?

Guess ill have to re-do it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/156509-laptop-being-slow-says-hard-disk-problem.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My little brother put on a small sized magnet on my laptop in the spacebetween the mouse pad  corei3 logo and then the pc showed a bsod error, i rebooted the laptop and now it says boot device not found. is it that the hard disk got damaged or could it be anything else?  just wanted to be sure before taking it at the store         

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Magnet-on-Laptop-result-in-Hard-disk-3f0/td-p/5714746
Relevancy 68.37%

The thing is that a guy came to me forgotting his BIOS Password and Hard disk Password on his Toshiba!! I managed to remove the hard disk and installing it on my computer unfortunately it didn't read it since a password is locking the hard disk any ideas?? Thank you!

A:How to reset a Laptop Hard disk password

SORRY, you'll have to read the tech guy forum rules on this one. No one here can supply Information on unlocking passwords etc. We cannot verify your reasons for doing so!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-a-laptop-hard-disk-password.773789/
Relevancy 68.37%

My Dell Inspiron notebook hard disk is about to fail (SMART event warnings; Crystaldiskinfo status: bad)
I am still on Win 8.1; reserved upgrade to Windows 10; status is"we will let you know when your system is ready for upgrade".
I have a replacement hard disk available; how do I replace it without new Windows 10 licence ?
Do I need to need to re-install Windows 8 (with Dell OEM installation disk) and then upgrade to Windows 10; or can I do a clean install of Windows 10 (using Windows 10 installation media downloaded from Microsoft) on the new hard disk?
As I am entitled to an upgraded OS (Windows 10) - I should be eligible to install and use Windows 10 on a replacement hard drive. Please correct me if that is not right.
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22cab631-e715-4a17-9e3e-af2b16b57757/win-81-laptop-need-to-replace-hard-disk-upgrade-to-win-10?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 68.37%

It is impossible to work on my laptop. I have and ASUS i3 machine with 2 GB RAM. The HD LED is almost always on, and doing every little task can take a long time. Any ideas what I can do to improve response time?

A:Why does my laptop access the hard disk all the time

You can start making your performance improve by following this: Optimize Windows 7
Also, by following the tutorial, you HDD will surely be less active than it was before.
You don't have to do all the steps, but I would certainly do these steps: 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 15, 19, 20, 26, 28, 31, 33 and 35.

But if you want maximum performance, you might consider doing Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 courtesy of Gregrocker

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/292565-why-does-my-laptop-access-hard-disk-all-time.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dell máy tính xách tay c?a tôi ?ã ???c mua vào ngày 3 Tháng N?m 2010 t?i Log Angeles, b?o hành t? tháng 3,2010 ??n ngày 31 tháng 8 2011. Bây gi? trên ??a c?ng ???c Bad v?i # 105 mã l?i. Tôi ?ang s?ng t?i TP H? Chí Minh - Vi?t Nam. Tôi không th? s? d?ng máy tính xách tay c?a tôi khi tôi ??n nhà. Tôi không bi?t làm th? nào ?? làm, thay th? x?u ??a c?ng ? ?âu? Tôi hy v?ng dell c?ng ??ng giúp ?? tôi.

A:Corrupt Hard disk of Dell Laptop

Chào bác. Bác có th? ??n trung tâm ??i di?n phân ph?i máy tính xách tay Dell ?? ???c s?a ch?a ho?c b?o hành theo ?úng quy ??nh c?a hăng. Ngoài ra n?u c̣n th?i gian b?o hành bác nên ?em theo các gi?y t? liên quan c?a hăng, t?i c?a hàng bác hoàn toàn yên tâm v? ch?t l??ng d?ch v? c?ng nh? giá thành s?n ph?m

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19343882
Relevancy 68.37%

My Laptop's hard disk tray is broken and need to replace it. I have a sony vaio laptop. Can anyone tell me, where I can buy hard disk tray?

A:Broken Hard Disk Tray for laptop

Have you checked with Sony?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-hard-disk-tray-for-laptop.276106/
Relevancy 68.37%

Sir,
I am totally zero in computer hardware.

My objective was to scan the my laptop hard disk with some other computer because the virus is not permitting my computer to run and it heats up, giving me some fear that it may loose all data. Thus i have removed my HP500 laptop "IDE" hard disk from my laptop. Now i am faced with the problem that how can i connect my "Western Digital Scorpio IDE hard drive" to some other computer.

Any idea's and hints will work.

Regards n thanks for help.

Salman

Relevancy 68.37%

Dear guys,

I'm having a seriouse stressful problem !
Today i decided to reinstall my Sony Vaio laptop, so i put in the windows 7 cd ( Format all drives ) And install windows 7 on C partition. Everything goes well and smooth. Up untill the pc reboots. Eversince it gives me a blue screen of death :/ . I've red some stuff about dissabling SATA or from SATA To IDE or ACHSI to IDE. But in bios there is no such option for me. I;ve tried running a intell f6 installer or something but none seems to reenable my harddisk ! Please someone help me out im desperate !

I found out what my harddrive model number is : Western Digital WD5000BPVT

regards & thanks in advance!!

A:VPCF24L1E - Laptop ( Hard disk not detected )

Senz some system specs would be good mate and I would suggest taking one of the drives out and starting again.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332474-vpcf24l1e-laptop-hard-disk-not-detected.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am new here, looks like a great site.

Can anyone tell me how to get the files off a Hard drive that I removed from my old Toshiba laptop which expired when I knocked a glass of wine over it.

My new laptop is also a Toshiba, I tried swopping hard drives, but got an error message.

Is there a cradle or cable I can buy that would connect the Old drive to a usb socket?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone,

My hard disk has been ticking, clicking and doing all kinds of weird sounds lately (including weird loud white noise sounds), explorer.exe keeps freezing and some programs take ages to open, so I'm thinking about buying a new hard drive.

I wanna buy this one and I would like to know first of all if it's a good choice for me, considering I have now a 320gb 5200rpm and it's worked fine for what I do with my computer, and second I would like to know if it's gonna fit on my computer.

What do you need to know in order to tell me that ?

Thanks in advance

A:Buying new hard drive, how do I know if it'll work on my laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-new-hard-drive-how-do-i-know-if-itll-work-on-my-laptop.876999/
Relevancy 67.94%

Amazon.com: Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001: Electronics

This is my Laptop: 17'' HP - Pavilion g7-2323dx, AMD A8, 4GB RAM, 640GB

A:Does this Internal Hard Drive work for my laptop?

Nope. That is for desktop systems, not laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295241-does-internal-hard-drive-work-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,
Noob here! I've been lurking a bit and realize how little I know about computers. Anyways, I have a work laptop and am looking to clean up the hard drive of anything that may be on there that's not work related. I'm not turning it back in or anything, just want to cover my rear. Any suggestions as to a program or ways to do it myself w/o clearing out all my work files? Sorry for the extremely novice questions and I appreciate the help!

Bill

A:Cleanup hard drive on work laptop

Try getting a program like ACE Utilities which will allow you to scan your PC and remove unwanted files, duplicates, registry, history, Internet caches etc. If not ACE Utils then get a Registry & History Cleaner which will erase (hopefully) all traces of what you have been up to an where you have been.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cleanup-hard-drive-on-work-laptop-123858.html
Relevancy 67.94%

i have a samsung series 3 laptop here and it is not booting up. A friend recommended that i do a clean OS installation but it keeps saying "Setup is starting..." and doesnt want to move from there. i am currently lost on what to do with the laptop!!

Relevancy 67.51%

So I've had this laptop since June of no problems before this week the laptop was bought refurbished which was unknown to me because it was listed as NEW on eBay so I might look into that as well but I have no warranty at the moment because it ended in May of nbsp After I went to do a simple update of software on my laptop and restarted the device I began to experience issues with my headphones The left side began to go out and I would have to move my headphones around in the jack and all of a of side Only headphones work working one laptop in sudden the next day no sound in the left and all of the sound just comes from the Only one side of working headphones work in laptop right When I go to test the headphones Only one side of working headphones work in laptop in a different laptop tablet and cell phone both sides work perfectly so I know it isn't the headphones nbsp nbsp I tried to get assistance from a microsoft technician but they did everything updated drivers etc and still to no avail the problem persists I cannot speak to HP since it would cost me out of pocket just to be on the phone with them from what I've seen so if anybody in the forums could help it would be appreciated nbsp nbsp As stated the headphones and all headphones are fine and working in other devices except for this laptop nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Only-one-side-of-working-headphones-work-in-laptop/td-p/5806944
Relevancy 67.51%

When i plug my external hard disk through a usb my laptops performance becomes really slow... when i try to access the hard disk its super slow like ten to 15 minutes... My external HDD is a 120Gb toshiba
before all of this happened i was insatalling the pc suite for my sony ericsson z610i..

and i installed that netframe 1.1 for xp service pack 1 and then thats it...
can sum 1 help me please..

Relevancy 67.51%

I just bought an enclosure for my old laptop hard disk and just plugged it in today. Everything is working fine with it, except when I go in to documents and settings and click on my name, I get "\documents and settings\..... is not accessible Access is denied." I bought the enclosure so that i'd be able to recover the music and photos and paperwork stored on my old hard disk. If i'm denied access, how can I get to those documents and things?

A:Solved: Laptop Hard Disk Enclosure - Problems

You probably need to take ownership of the folders or files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-hard-disk-enclosure-problems.710915/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an Asus K60 series laptop here and have been looking for an hour or more for instructions on how to replace the hard disk.

I figure I need to remove the bottom plate or the keyboard (not sure); but, I can't figure out how to get either off.

(There is no plate on the bottom to get at the hard disk.)

Relevancy 67.51%

My laptop recently crashed and it is not possible to install an operating system onto it without re-formatting (Believe me i've tried everything possible). Is it possible to plug the laptop hard disk drive into my main computer and retrieve the data from it this way? Or would it blow the drive? What do I need to do in order to plug it in and retrieve the data? I have no idea how to do this, so I have turned to you guys. Please help, I will not proceed until I get a reply, I'm really scared lol.
Cheers guys,
Andy

Relevancy 67.51%

hi friends ,

My brother have this laptop:-

he try to re-install win 7 on his laptop , but he eventually delete a 13gb system reserved partition , then when trying to install windows , no hard disk found ....

we try to use super fdisk partition manager only to see what happend ,

note .. originally , windows was installed on 155 gb partition ..

We use W.D. Lifeguard diagnostic ,

so ,, any idea how to solve this problem & getting back the ability to install windows on this hard ????

A:hard disk failure in sony vio laptop VPCSB38GA

Sunset just wipe the drive mate you will need a working machine that you can hook this drive to and use DISKPART clean all or wipe disk with Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition. click on drive and click wipe drive then Apply at the top.

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

both will take quite a while to clean the drive and then you will need to format it for use.
Partition or Volume - Create New

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293636-hard-disk-failure-sony-vio-laptop-vpcsb38ga.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a laptop with a hard drive that crashed. There was no recovery disk made nor do I have the installation windows vista CD. Laptop is at least 2years old. how do I go about reinstalling the new hard drive? Will HP Support provide me a free installation disk?

thank you

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all...
My desktop recently konk-ed out, but I believe that the hard disc is still functioning. I did run a search and came out empty...

I wish to transfer my 3 seasons of House MD from my hard disc to my laptop. The hard disc is a Seagate SV35 250GB sata...

Im not too sure how to proceed as the hard disc is a sata one...but i did find previous posts in google about IDE-USB converter and such, but i dont think it applies to my case...

Please give inputs on how to proceed... thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Compaq laptop that I'm about to replace the hard disk in and I'm not up much on what the largest available disk is. NewEgg had a 320-Gig a few days ago; but, I went to order it just now and the largest I see there is a 250G. Seems the 320's are all gone.

What I need is the largest possible PATA disk in a name brand and at a reasonable price.

For those not familiar with PATA, it is the old, forty-pin data cable type.

A:Solved: Looking for the largest possible PATA hard disk for my laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-looking-for-the-largest-possible-pata-hard-disk-for-my-laptop.793014/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Guys Last week I found my Laptop was hanging lagging as soon as i get my Desktop screen At first i thought it should be a Virus problem but i had latest Kaspersky Internet security software When i ran -- Dell needed Laptop Disk Crashed Help Hard it laptop freezes Booted the laptop in Dell Laptop Hard Disk Crashed -- Help needed safe mode and tried uninstalling few memory consuming programs Dell Laptop Hard Disk Crashed -- Help needed still no luck Ran Dell memory test and found a problem with Hard disk I had partitions c is primary where OS is installed I formatted the C drive and tried re-installing Windows Vista but it was an failure I tried this more than times in different ways I had second thought to connect this Hard Disk to another computer as secondary drive and to move data to other drive So I bought a new Hard Drive and Installed vista on it and it works fine I bought quot Hard Dell Laptop Hard Disk Crashed -- Help needed Disk connector and connected to laptop It showed as Mass storage device connected but when i went to quot My Computer quot I could not see the any other drives except the new drive I went to Disk Management and found the crashed drive and it showed as quot Unallocated quot I seeked help of an expert but he said it will very expensive gt which is not affordable I need an help I have helped many of them in this forum to resolve their issues lemme see if someone can help me on this nbsp

A:Dell Laptop Hard Disk Crashed -- Help needed

Techyy said:

Hi Guys,

Last week I found my Laptop was hanging/lagging as soon as i get my Desktop screen. At first i thought it should be a Virus problem, but i had latest Kaspersky Internet security software. When i ran it, laptop freezes. Booted the laptop in safe mode and tried uninstalling few memory consuming programs, still no luck.

Ran Dell memory test and found a problem with Hard disk. I had 4 partitions(c:\ is primary where OS is installed). I formatted the C:\ drive and tried re-installing Windows Vista, but it was an failure, I tried this more than 10 times in different ways.

I had second thought to connect this Hard Disk to another computer as secondary drive and to move data to other drive. So I bought a new Hard Drive and Installed vista on it and it works fine.

I bought 2.5" Hard Disk connector and connected to laptop. It showed as Mass storage device connected, but when i went to "My Computer" I could not see the any other drives except the new drive.

I went to Disk Management and found the crashed drive and it showed as "Unallocated"

I seeked help of an expert but he said it will very expensive (>3500$) which is not affordable. I need an help. I have helped many of them in this forum to resolve their issues, lemme see if someone can help me on this.Click to expand...

Can you hear the old drive spin?

Often the platter with the data is fine on a crashed drive..............so you buy an identical drive..and take the board from it and put it in the old drive..if no luck then change the head.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-hard-disk-crashed-help-needed.967198/
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay so now son's more.. and Factory disk Hard have laptop, error Restored my son is not the best at taking care of things that he owns and now his laptop is showing signs It was messing up constantly whether it was randomly shutting down or going into safe mode on its own So I factory Factory Restored son's laptop, now have Hard disk error and more.. restored it and now after it has completed his laptop is telling me there is a hard disk error and also that windows defender won't turn on after multiple attempts and restarting the laptop Please help me I really don't want to have to buy a new laptop for him as he cannot take care of his things A list of his installed programs were Gyazo Screenshot software because of being staff on a minecraft server Minecraft Osbuddy for runescape Nortons Antivirus software Skype Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome iTunes Teamspeak client Java bit That's pretty much everything I can think of that he had installed on his pc Also he said his wifi shut down all of a sudden before he told be about the issue He said and I quote quot A kid threatened to boot me when I was playing CoD Black Ops II so I left the match when I opened mozilla firefox and loaded youtube for music the wifi wouldn't connect then it wouldn't show connections even when I plugged in the laptop VIA Ethernet cord quot

A:Factory Restored son's laptop, now have Hard disk error and more..

Mmmm, I would NOT have Norton's on ANY machine I own or have built. You DON'T need Java 32bit, I run all my 64bit machines without and have no issues at all, I just use 64bit Java.
I would suggest you do a CLEAN boot without all that OTHER stuff loading and see if things will work without them all.
This link should help you sort it out.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344695-factory-restored-sons-laptop-now-have-hard-disk-error-more.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Startup Repair says "bad hard disk" on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L755).

Replacing the hard drive isn't a problem but I don't have the recovery discs. I don't want to have to buy a replacement set if I don't have to so I started looking up workarounds: http://www.hobwebs.com/windows-issues/recovery-of-toshiba-laptop-using-swm-files/ I've tried a few different boot CDs but I'm unable to locate the .swm files with each of them. Any ideas or other possible solutions?

Thanks in advance.

A:Bad hard disk error on laptop, no recovery discs

Try here.
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/links-for-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-microsofts-official-distributer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505331/bad-hard-disk-error-on-laptop-no-recovery-discs/
Relevancy 67.51%

Taking Bob Cerelli s advice here is a separate thread to restate the issue and disk no for laptop with Setting CDRom up hard Win2k, w. continue this discussion in its own thread sorry bout that My original post --------------------------- I have a Fujitsu Lifebook with no CD and only a plug-in floppy drive I can t install Windows from my USB CDRom Bios won t boot from it and can t find it until after windows is running no boot disk I tried and I ve tried plenty works So in my attempt to install Windows I - took out my laptop hard drive - hooked it up to my PC via USB connector internal to USB - formatted in Fat - copied the i drive from the Windows CD to the harddrive amp put back in laptop - found a win bootdisk with Smartdrv - booted the laptop - ran winnt in the i directory It started up the Setting up hard disk with Win2k, for laptop w. no CDRom Win setup fine and finished the copying files part of the sequence On reboot I get an quot NTLDR missing quot error I cannot substitute NTLDR from the floppy and it can t recognize the NTLDR file in the root C directory on the laptop hard drive I also tried the win boot disks but that really didn t get me anywhere So now what I m kinda stuck here ---------------------------- Alex Etheridge said ---------------------------- You didn t state whether you put the laptop hard disk back into the laptop before you ran the setup I assume you did Did you set the primary partition on the laptop s hard disk as the Active partition before you ran WINNT EXE If not use FDisk to do that now Formatting a hard disk while it s in a USB enclosure may not produce the same result as formatting it when connected to an internal IDE cable ----------------------------- So to clarify the situation from my original post Alex I put the hard disk back in the laptop to run winnt from the i directory the harddisk has partition I used fdisk to check and it is active Do I need to have a partition hard disk for this to work ie partition for the i files and partition for the c drive target for the install Ultimately I ve been forced to take this approach because my bios will not allow a boot from my USB CD Rom and every DOS bootdisk I ve tried to put together can t recognize the CD ROM Thanks for your help so far Dave nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

My DELL XPS L x laptop was equipped with Samsung Spinpoint MP HM JJ GB rpm hard disk Last month due to noise and auto shut down i gave my system to dell service center for repair but took out my hard disk as it was containing quot sensitive quot data and i don t want to take any risk Also i needed it for my dissertation as detected USB either inside not hard at or disk internal is Laptop my all data was on it In the mean time i bought another Seagate Momentus GB rpm drive as the xps has space for one more hard disk i put the samsung hard disk in usb case which need both side Laptop internal hard disk is not detected either inside or at USB male usb connector i was having an old connector which i tried to use but i can hear a little sound and it is not detected by my home desktop so i got a new usb connector and it was easily detected and i used as usual usb external storage when my laptop was fixed i took back the samsung drive along with the new one to service center and when they tried to place both drive the system didn t responded at all after some tries they announced the samsung drive which was originally shipped with laptop has gone bad and is unable to detect so i asked them to only fix newly bought drive in the system and make it workable by installing OS Now the issue is that my samsung drive can t be detected anywhere neither in laptop nor in my home office desktop though i was able to use it as external storage before but it suddenly stop working leaving me nowhere i have lot of important data on it and i want to recover it myself other choice is that at least i have do low level format so that i make that data unrecoverable by all means and than i claim a new drive in warranty as they offered me free replacement coz my system is still under warranty What i have tried till now Attached it as internal storage in laptop - no reaction rather laptop halt in BIOS and no further activity Attached as external storage - for the first time windows try to detect and install driver for it but fails later no action if tried to connect with either desktop i tried on many desktops Symptoms while attaching with any system as external storage the blue led of box turn on for a while but later it turn off as there is nothing attached and actually there is NO hardware activity as spinning or any sound the hard drive is totally silent What i feel is that there may be problem with its circuitry as in the beginning when i tried to attached it by using old usb cable it may done some damage in PCB but i am not sure Can anyone suggest as what should i do the major issue is to protect the data inside It would be helpful if i can recover it as it is very important for me but in case i can t recover can i destroy that data so that i claim warranty i have less time left for it please give any advice thanks for reading nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internal-hard-disk-is-not-detected-either-inside-or-at-usb.175558/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have bought laptop hp 15 ac 124tx online , i just want to make sure that it was not alterd by delear , because Idon't trust on it due to some senario. so please  give me solution that how can i cross check all the componemt by it's serial no.  of  each component (ram , hard disk) are original(factory given).

A:how to verify internal part of laptop like hard disk ,ram a...

Hi, The following link shows its specs:    http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04779469 Which part do you wish to check ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/how-to-verify-internal-part-of-laptop-like-hard-disk-ram-are/td-p/5596517
Relevancy 67.51%

Bluetooth stopped working on my Fujitsu Esprimo U The bluetooth hardware is was visible in device manager anymore but unrecognized device appeared Driver reinstall did not help Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware PC Suite is installed worked fine before Eventually laptop stopped booting from hard disk and win or Vista install DVD displaying only laptop from install or dvd boot wont hard win disk starting windows I could access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc but I couldn t reinstall OS Laptop was sent to service and had motherboard and bluetooth replaced Came back yesterday had win installed Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth laptop wont boot from hard disk or win install dvd Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware mobos but I can t access the machine at all If this was software it should boot from Win DVD - but it hangs displaying starting windows And again I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only DOS emergency boot CD I dont t know how to reinstall OS Please help nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hey! I'm trying to install Win7 on my laptop (Gateway MT6841) I did the installation full through, 32bit all good. Once I booted it the gateway recovery partition came up saying I needed to load some hard disk drivers. However I can't find anything that looks like hard disk drivers for this laptop. I actually couldn't find any 7 drivers. I've experienced that vista drivers will work though. I just need to know where to get drivers for this! All I could on the gateway support site was network, modem, video sound, media reader and touchpad drivers.

Thanks for the help.

A:Vista to 7 Hard disk driver laptop issue

Hi -

You don't need any drivers at all. The Gateway recovery partition is popping up because it does not recognize the Windows 7 OS.

Get rid of the recovery partition - wipe the entire hard drive with Killdisk, then re-install Windows 7.

KillDisk - http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

Make bootable KillDisk ISO CD w/ ImgBurn -
ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-to-7-hard-disk-driver-laptop-issue-433527.html
Relevancy 67.51%

this past days i notice that my laptop hard disk noise wierd and it start slower, and sometimes it lose the connection in internet even it connected to the network   ....  i scan it using Sfc/scannow on cmd  and this is the log result  ... Please help me 

A:my hard disk have a wierd nose and my laptop seems become slower

this past days i notice that my laptop hard disk noise wierd and it start slower, and sometimes it lose the connection in internet even it connected to the network   ....  i scan it using Sfc/scannow on cmd  and this is the log result  ... Please help me 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565368/my-hard-disk-have-a-wierd-nose-and-my-laptop-seems-become-slower/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey,

This really is driving me crazy.

I have 3 hard drives that I have used on another laptop but they wont work on one laptop. I thought it was RAM - That did have a problem and didnt work on the other laptop - Got new RAM so its booting up.

I cant even get the BSOD message because it shows up for less than a second before rebooting and doing the same.

Its a HP and I did a test, all memory and HD are passed, I know both work because I put it in another laptop and its working fine.

I don't know what else could be causing it..

Hope someone can help

Thanks

A:Going crazy BSOD with various hard drives that work on another laptop and new RAM

Can you please expand on "won't work"? Are the drives showing up in the BIOS when connected?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/going-crazy-bsod-with-various-hard-drives-that-work-on-another-laptop-and-new-ram-945802.html
Relevancy 67.08%

this is without any programs running. It's ready using up 20% cpu. I'm having a hard time with simple stuff like word processing.

it's a 11e lenovo with amd processor, 4gb ram, and 128 SSD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/laptop-working-too-hard-1113762.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently got a new laptop I'm not sure if this problem has always existed on it or if it is new However I am noticing two things If I try to go to my bank's web site www peoples com it will not load On Chrome it says ERR CONNECTION CLOSED on IE it says The Page cannot be displayed and on Firefox the tab spins as if it's loading but the page never comes up If I try to go to Staples Easy Rebates site I get mixed results URL https rebate staples com staples tracksearch action On Chrome I believe it errors out but the URL Pages machines) working laptop on other fine Not on Web (work Certain goes in a loop and tries to connect Certain Web Pages Not working on laptop (work fine on other machines) If I look at the URL I believe it is trying to redirect to an error page On IE I get the same issue On Firefox the page loads On other machines these pages load fine Thinking it could potentially be a router issue bought a new router at a similar time I brought this laptop to another location and had the same issues I've also run Malwarebytes and Anti-virus etc At the moment I don't suspect it to be that type of issue but could be wrong I believe the network internet settings are the original default settings I didn't set any custom proxy servers or anything of the sort I tried searching the issue before creating this post but since my problem is unique at least to the two sites mentioned above I couldn't find similar situations I'm at a loss at the moment as to what could be causing it Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Certain Web Pages Not working on laptop (work fine on other machines)

Hello, and Welcome

I am not sure this will work as you said you brought the laptop to another location.

Have you tried using different DNS servers? Use OpenDNS. Make a note of what servers if any are listed. You may have yours set to Auto. After changing the DNS to OpenDNS servers, remember to flush the DNS amd Web browser cache.

I am assuming you are using Windows 7.

What is the make and model of the laptop and what is the OS?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561240/certain-web-pages-not-working-on-laptop-work-fine-on-other-machines/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEA FX how stupid responding disk not not hard Vaio starting; laptop Sony of me to buy a discontinued model gt lt and it won't start It get's to that Windows screen with the colorful flag thing stays for - minutes then bam BSOD and then it Sony Vaio laptop not starting; hard disk not responding tries to restart but then before it gets to the Windows start up screen it says quot Operating System not found quot I had a problem with this computer before and I took it to the Sony place to fix it and it was fine I remember some of the things the Sony Vaio laptop not starting; hard disk not responding tech guy told me on the phone before I brought it in though I tried to start in Safe Mode With Networking but it won't work The last file is starts was CLASSPNP and it just freezes there it won't start at all I turned on my laptop and held F I tried to restore my laptop with factory settings but that did absolutely nothing Now I think I lost all my pictures and stuff now When I restarted my computer I got an option 'Boot with Windows Repair' I THINK that's what it said I'll fix that later I tried all those options even opening the command prompt lol and nothing 'Startup Repair' failed I went to the details and the most seemingly helpful line was on the bottom it said quot Root cause found A hard disk could not be found If a hard disk is installed it is not responding quot Right now it's sitting in 'Advanced Boot Options' cause idk what to do now Please help I need my computer for homework Forgive the language and faces by the way I'm a year old girl lol Edit Yes I did see the BSOD Posting Instructions but I can't start my computer at all to download anything

A:Sony Vaio laptop not starting; hard disk not responding

Hello ffrustrated and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry to hear you're having all these issues. Couple of questions for you. ( Well, actually, several questions. )

1. When you got your Vaio did you buy it new?
2. Did you create the Vaio recovery disks when you first got the computer?
3. How long ago was it that you went to Sony to get it fixed?
4. Did the repair facility give any warranty on the repairs?
5. What was wrong with it?
6. With the machine turned off, can you access the Vaio Care software by clicking the ASSIST button at the top of your keyboard?

Sorry for all the questions but it might help us figure out the best course of action to get your machine up and running again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207614-sony-vaio-laptop-not-starting-hard-disk-not-responding.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I data Hard not recognised from it.... can by disk but copy/past laptop am new to technet forums I have a hard disk main disk that came with the computer Due to power failure my computer shuts down and the drive was not detected So I replaced it This story is of year Now I have the drive and as I have free time and as I am interested in doing things by researching So I opened the drive and attached it externally via USB connector Firstly my computer is running windows pro The external disk is detected by the computer As I did not want the files so I formatted all partitions The formatting was successful But the partitions become raw Now on researching more I applied DOS commands Diskpart List Hard disk recognised by laptop but can not copy/past data from it.... disk Hard disk recognised by laptop but can not copy/past data from it.... Select Hard disk recognised by laptop but can not copy/past data from it.... disk Detail disk select volume FORMAT RECOMMENDED OVERRIDE Now this above command is taking too long so if this command is successful then what to do next I am not able to load the images as the website says Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account Any help will be apreciated nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a620cb6e-d93c-4de9-9295-4e0344f20518/hard-disk-recognised-by-laptop-but-can-not-copypast-data-from-it?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a dell inspirion and I just 0 laptop I found do? not hard what secondary disk drive on do dell a recently installed a new dvd-ram drive because the old dvd-rw died I have a pioneer secondary hard disk drive 0 not found on a dell laptop what do I do? dvr-k and when I boot up it stalls for like seconds now and then flashes quot secondary hard disk drive not found quot Windows starts up like normal and my drive works although I ve only watched movies so far and haven t tried burning anything How do I get the error message to go away I ve tried going secondary hard disk drive 0 not found on a dell laptop what do I do? into setup and that doesn t seem to help anything because I don t know what to do in there I keep reading on other threads that you have to change the slave to cs or something like that but I have no clue as to how to do any of that or if that would even alleviate my situation Maybe just a dirty computer I do have two cats and I have secondary hard disk drive 0 not found on a dell laptop what do I do? fur balls floating all over the place that I can t seem to get rid of that s a whole seperate issue of course HELP thanks nbsp

A:secondary hard disk drive 0 not found on a dell laptop what do I do?

The bios in your laptop was set up to use your old drive, the specs on your new drive will be different.

First off, have a look at the drive you took out to see if it was set to master, slave, or cable select. To do this, have a look at the back end of the drive near the connector for the jumper setting, then make sure your new drive is set the same.

Then you need to go into the bios and look for any options to scan for hard drives (this will scan for optical drives too). You need to make sure its set to your new drive and not your old one.

If you don't know how to do any of this the your manual will help, if you don't have it you can probably download one from dell.

If you still have problems then let me know and i will do my best to help further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/secondary-hard-disk-drive-0-not-found-on-a-dell-laptop-what-do-i-do.56180/
Relevancy 66.65%

So my laptop broke, something to do with corruption of data and i have no idea how, already angry because of something i didnt want to happen... during a very important time of the year for work...

I now am in the situation where i already spent around 300 dollars USD fixing my laptop, now that i have a fresh new working hard drive how do i get my OS back?

I bought it from a retailer, my broken hard disk is inaccessable so i cant get into it and seek out it's activation code ETC.

Anyone ever had this situation before? how do i get back my windows 7 OS with it's key that no one is using.

Im not going to spend all of that money again since it was part of the package of buying that laptop.

Please assist.

A:Laptop Broke, replaced hard drive Disk, What about my windows 7!?!

Quote: Originally Posted by louis cardinal

So my laptop broke, something to do with corruption of data and i have no idea how, already angry because of something i didnt want to happen... during a very important time of the year for work...

I now am in the situation where i already spent around 300 dollars USD fixing my laptop, now that i have a fresh new working hard drive how do i get my OS back?

I bought it from a retailer, my broken hard disk is inaccessable so i cant get into it and seek out it's activation code ETC.

Anyone ever had this situation before? how do i get back my windows 7 OS with it's key that no one is using.

Im not going to spend all of that money again since it was part of the package of buying that laptop.

Please assist.

Your laptop should have a sticker on the bottom with the key for your version of windows. Also, your manufacturer might provide recovery disks.

This is another good reason to always make the recovery disks when you first setup your new laptop.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195621-laptop-broke-replaced-hard-drive-disk-what-about-my-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows XP Professional stopped working at the turn of disk XP Windows removed Accessing crashed hard from laptop the New Year and I need some way to at least access what s in it had much backed up but not everything When it crashed I got an Accessing hard disk removed from crashed Windows XP laptop error message Savedump exe Corrupt File The file or directory C WINDOWS is corrupt and unreadable Please run the Chkdisk utility And a bit after that went to a blue screen saying A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down A process or crucial thread to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Beginning dump of physical memory After that was never able to get the computer going for more than a very few minutes before it crashed in that same way again Someone at the Dell out-of-warrantee tech support dept suggested that it was probably a motherboard problem but suggested that I could get full access to the crashed computer s hard-drive if I installed it in a inch external enclosure which I could then connect to my other computer actually my wife s So at CompUSA I bought a USB Aluminum External Enclosure and installed the old computer s HD in it Now on Windows Explorer it does indeed show another drive quot Removable Disk G quot but when I try to see what s on that drive I get Insert Disk please insert a disk into drive G Now it seems as the HD from my computer has been activated because the light is on and the case is warm and I can feel a little vibration Yet can t access it What can I do now nbsp

A:Accessing hard disk removed from crashed Windows XP laptop

sounds like it's reading the disc as a cd or virtual drive
try right clicking on the drive and use explore maybe it needs to be mounted
check the software that came with the inclosure (if any)
you may need to get an ide adapter and run it from the ide cable to read as a reg HDD.
be warned that if you do get the OS to see drive as a standard eide drive on boot OS may want to run chdsk DON"T let it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-hard-disk-removed-from-crashed-windows-xp-laptop.22246/
Relevancy 66.65%

I had some problem with my laptop. So I thought of factory resetting the laptop.I did a factory reset and now my laptop is up with Windows 8. I have 500GB hard disk. Earlier, C disk used to show up as 440+ GB as capacity. Now after factory restore, it is showing as 104GB. Can some one please help me. ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-Laptop-Hard-disk-capacity-showing-as-104GB/td-p/5783793
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys I m new here so hi all So anyhow here s my problem - I have a Dell Inspiron that has been giving me some problems of late where the laptop dies off a hard it dies everytime off disk up laptop but still installed boots New few seconds after booting up I first tried System Restore and it died New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up on me so I just booted into Safe Mode and changed some settings New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up in msconfig It came back to normal temporarily but everytime I scheduled a disk check or attempt to System Restore again it will just black out So I did a PC check and diagnostics and it said that my HDD had failed So in all fairness I bought a new HDD and put it in With the new HDD in it gives me the message quot No boot sector on internal hard drive quot Now thats not actually New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up an error so I put my Vista installation DVD As the files load my laptop blacks out -- yet again Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up

Remove the battery and only use the AC adapter. Does the laptop still shut down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-disk-installed-but-laptop-still-dies-off-everytime-it-boots-up.168441/
Relevancy 66.65%

Will it?

It has the same exact connectors as a desktop SATA hard drive. I also notice many people who are into silent pc's call it 2.5" hard drives instead of notebook\laptop hard drives meaning it works in a desktop motherboard?

A:Will a laptop SATA hard drive work on a desktop motherboard?

Yes. It is a SATA drive like any other, only smaller.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-laptop-sata-hard-drive-work-on-a-desktop-motherboard.63382/
Relevancy 66.22%

This laptop crashed over a month ago. I was told it needed a recovery disk since it would say it was loading windows files, and starting windows. But then it goes to an empty desktop screen and does nothing. I got the recovery disk in the mail today, I put it in and it does nothing! Anyone know what could be the problem?

A:Asus Laptop K53E Crashed, Recovery Disk NOT Working

Are you booting from the disc? If your laptop won't boot from it and keeps going to Windows instead, you'll have to go into your BIOS and edit the boot order so the CD/DVD drive comes first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196356-asus-laptop-k53e-crashed-recovery-disk-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi My friend's laptop Acer Aspire One - Windows x has been shut down after opening an email and Windows never started up again When you attempt to start up the windows it stays the black screen and says quot No bootable Device Found quot - I inserted Windows Live Disk and loaded it Windows XP Mini - Golden Edition When I went to quot My Computer quot it did not show any local drive I went to quot Disk Management quot and in there there was also no unallocated or allocated space - I even removed the HDD and plugged it back in No thing happened Then I removed the RAM card and inserted it back Again nothing happened By in Drive Hard Found No not Disk Device detected laptop bootable - is the way HDD had movements when laptop was Hard Drive Disk is not detected in laptop - No bootable Device Found on I had removed the beneath panel - I inserted Windows Disk to install a fresh Windows But when you get to the part where it asks you to choose the partition to install the operating Sustem it shows one unallocated drive with Zero capacity The options to Delete and format are disable Only the option quot New quot is active and it gives you bite to partition What has happened What should I check do next

A:Hard Drive Disk is not detected in laptop - No bootable Device Found

Sounds like the hard drive is dead. Do you guys have a spare HDD to test with?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262780-hard-drive-disk-not-detected-laptop-no-bootable-device-found.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Yesterday I was about to my Windows laptop disk Toshiba problem hard a on (Vista) detected send an e-mail when I decided instead to go to lunch Windows detected a hard disk problem on my Toshiba (Vista) laptop I left the computer turned on when I left When I returned I was surprised to see the following onscreen message Windows detected a hard disk problem Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk I was given two options Start the backup process Ask me again later If the disk fails before the next warning you could lose all of the programs and documents on the disk I then clicked on Show details and was warned to back up my important information immediately Moreover I was instructed to try not to use my computer until the Windows detected a hard disk problem on my Toshiba (Vista) laptop hard disk has been repaired or replaced Under Which disk is failing the name of the hard disk is given At the end it reads ATA Device Volume C Starting at around noon on Sunday I received this message twice in less than an hour It s now hours later and it hasn t reappeared At someone s suggestion I am currently running CHKDSK and waiting for the results Does getting this message invariably mean there s a serious problem or could it be received inadvertently without any actual problem At any rate I ve spent all day backing up all the stuff I care to save just in case there is something amiss Should I continue using my laptop as though there is no problem or should I follow the message instructions and call the computer manufacturer Thank you nbsp

A:Windows detected a hard disk problem on my Toshiba (Vista) laptop

Well, it's Monday afternoon, and my laptop continues to work very, very well -- no signs yet of any hard drive problem. Can I expect it to conk out at any minute? Or could the warning message have been nothing more than a false positive?

By the way, I ran CHKDSK last night. When I went to bed it was at 15%, so I figured it would be finished by the time I woke up. When I got to my laptop this morning I expected to see a lengthy list of CHKDSK results. Much to my surprise I saw instead my normal screen: wallpaper and icons. So I clicked on GOOGLE CHROME and started surfing the Net.

Now I have a few more questions. Where in the heck do I find my CHKDSK results? Could it be that my laptop, indeed, did have hard drive problems which now have been repaired by CHKDSK? If so, wouldn't the CHKDSK results give me an answer? If there are problems which are irreparable, would the CHKDSK results tell me so? I would just like to know where I stand. At this point I have absolutely no idea if my hard drive is, or is not, about to die. It would be good to be able to find out, if indeed that's possible. I would be most grateful to anyone who might be able to help. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem-on-my-toshiba-vista-laptop.977972/
Relevancy 66.22%

ok so im dealing with a laptop and uppon buying a hard drive and putting it in and installing windows i get this annoying windows detected a hard disk problem popup each boot.

i know what it means but im not buying another HDD just got this today

i need a way to hide the error and please dont say

?Task Scheduler Library? => ?Microsoft? => ?Windows?. => ?DiskDiagnostic? or anything to do with gpedit because this is windows 7 home basic and does not have those options

also i force install the gpedit and it does not have a DiskDiagnostic tab. so i need another way around this

windows is acting 100% fine a i believe its a false positive to i choose to ignore the error.

A:LENOVO laptop Disable windows detected a hard disk problem

Well i found nothing to fix this issue so i killed it from the root. found the .exe that is responsible for the prompt "DFDWiz.exe" & "DFDWiz.exe.mui" and renamed it and prompt gone. had to go thought such extreme measures but hey it worked.

for anyone also looking on how to remove the message

i took permission of the whole system32, right click system32 folder with the take ownership.reg (provided below) then look for the 2 files "DFDWiz.exe" & "DFDWiz.exe.mui" and rename them to something like Old-DFDWiz.exe & Old-DFDWiz.exe.mui

then reboot. Done

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364467-lenovo-laptop-disable-windows-detected-hard-disk-problem.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Soo I own an Acer Aspire V - G- laptop before the crash it was running windows which came preinstalled hard-drive disk Acer-Aspire recovery laptop died, V3 no The other day I had gotten a USB in order to make a recovery disk for Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk my laptop A few days before the hd corrupted and I had to completely reformat using its recovery partition but then before I could make said recovery disk the HD started 'buzzing' and needless to say it's dead now So I ordered an erecovery disk from Acer the other day and purchased a decent looking SS hard-drive I have the new hard-drive installed but who knows when the recovery disk will arrive So here's where you geniuses come in So I'd rather not wait for the disk to arrive as it might take up to weeks My brother informed me that I should be able to download windows online and use the product key that's usually listed on the back of the laptop However there is no win product key on the back - So I'm at a loss his laptop has a windows product key but mine doesn't Is it located somewhere else that I'm not looking I checked the bios but at first glance it didn't appear to be there and that's as far as I've gotten Any advice on how to get win onto my system legally without any more purchases so that I can be using my new SS-hd laptop preferably tonight Also possibly useful info I own a student copy of Win Ultimate upgrade that i'm not using which I would be fine using on my laptop but it is not a copy it is the upgrade so it requires a previous OS to be installed I own a student copy of Windows Vista upgrade that does not say it requires a previous OS to be installed I think the store sold me both so that I could have win at the time I've tried booting with both disks the vista loads and then freezes after the loading bar hits completion the win upgrade disk makes it a step further taking me to a windows loading screen and then freezes there Ok go p s I will love you forever if you help me TY

A:Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk

The Windows 8 key is embedded in the BIOS, there is no COA sticker.

I believe you will have to wait for the recovery disk if you want Windows 8 as you will not be able to download a Windows 8 ISO without a retail key. Microsoft really screwed this up and has made no attempts to fix it.

You can do a clean install of a Windows 7 upgrade disc, see here: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52640-acer-aspire-v3-laptop-hard-drive-died-no-recovery-disk.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey,

I got new Desktop recently, Lenovo K450e, and when I went to plug in my external HD, Seagate 500GB, it didn't show up in either My Computer or Disk Management and there are no exclamation points next to the drivers suggesting that I would need a driver update. I plugged it into other ports on my computer with no luck but when I plug it into my laptop it works fine. I have read so many different forums with no luck. My computer is a Windows 8.1 intel core I7 processer.

Thank you

A:External Hard drive not recognized in My Computer or Disk Managment but it is on my laptop

Make sure you update and apply all the Windows updates before trying to use this new computer. You can run Windows Update manually for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-recognized-in-my-computer-or-disk-managment-but-it-is-on-my-laptop.216751/
Relevancy 65.36%

hai every one,

I was install windows8 in a dell inspiron n5110.
After finishing installation the lap was rebooting.
For few sec laptop monitor working and windows8 logo appeared,
but when it enter to the user logon screen monitor display goes to black.
again and again I reboot the lap the same problem.
by accidently I connect the extend monitor and reboot the system win8 start and the logo is displayed in lap monitor when user logon screen comes the lap display goes black but extended display shows the screen.
I check the display drivers of lap its ok.
I was tried to change the display setting in projected second screen display on personalization setting. there also I can't get display in laptop.
if I install win 7 it work very well
I activated win8 already..
anybody help me to solve the problem
thanks in advance....

A:laptop screen not working but extended display work well after booting win8

Perhaps the resolution being set by windows 8 is too high for the screen to show on the laptop? Check device manager to see if there's any issues with the video or display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-screen-not-working-but-extended-display-work-well-after-booting-win8-701917.html