Windows Support Forum

ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Q: ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Did you see the firewall & port forwarding requirements here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apexdc-works-on-my-college-network-but-hfs-does-not-can-anyone-explain-why.192140/
Relevancy 74.82%

I brought the barign Disgo USB that cost 8.50 size: 512MB

the disc have 2 parition = FAT32 & CDFS

It work well on my laptop and PC.

When i inserted the disc in the college, the CDFS is loading and loading drivers & U3 Smart software loading. the CDFS drive worked on college but it not open my documents and folders, i was worried that i might lost my file and folders because it contain important backup so i decide to stop and check at home.

I inserted the disk in home and there is folders and works there...

I think the Novell Network blocked from opening my works from my disk.

What i do next???

A:Solved: My Disgo USB works well on my PC but it wont work in college (Novell Network)

Have a word with the IT man or your teacher

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-disgo-usb-works-well-on-my-pc-but-it-wont-work-in-college-novell-network.577025/
Relevancy 61.49%

Code:
#include <cstdio>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
char a = '\0', b = '!', c = 'd', d = 'l', e = 'r', f = 'o',
g = 'w', h = ' ', i = ',', j = 'o', k = 'l', l = 'l',
m = 'e', n = 'H';

puts(& n);
system("PAUSE");

}
Output:

Hello, world!
Press any key to continue...
No comprendo... Looks like the string "Hello, world" is stored backwards in a char array.

A:Can someone explain how this works?

Pretty weird.

But it's not an array - it's just a list of initialized char variables; if it were an array, the program probably would have had a memory fault, as you'd expect.

I think it illustrates nothing more than the way that storage for scalar variables is allocated; last in, first out, as in a stack. It is NOT safe programming, because we as programmers shouldn't make such assumptions about memory allocations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-explain-how-this-works.502884/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi No its not the wrong thread or so i know whr i am writting please forgive me for the title i am writting this is becoz i actually would like to know the difference between all this things and what are they in lay mans term n whr there are located whether it is all combined into a thing called MBR master boot record or they are individual entity or how is it like please explain someone badly need to know i tried understanding ntloader & explain me mbr to a works.. vbr , someone how can myself alot by reading sooooooo soooo many websites everyone seem to say the can someone explain to me how a mbr , vbr & ntloader works.. same which makes sense but i am jus confused on how this works a hint or a person explaining it to me would be better as i am new in venturing to this field learning up and picking up my skills the reason why i actually wanna learn up this is becoz i have a system setup that looks somewhat like this -- gt Part SWAP -- gt Part STATE you can ignore jus a empty space -- gt Part Changeable Partition Where the OS will reside -- gt Part a linux os jus for some usage so what i wanna do here is i would like install my Win on the fly by unzipping the dump file gotten from linux dump command into Part ntfs of course and then boot up win on the nx boot by me change the active partition to the problem here is i dun really understand how MBR VBR NTLOADER works and whether this possible to do for win WinXP with FAT was easy can someone feed me with some knowledge please is MBR contain VBR and NTLOADER all in or they are seprate hex that loads one after another or how the heck this thing works yea i know they are assembly which i hv no knowledge on but i am pretty sure there is some easy way out whr i can jus extract that hex codes to directly to be flushed in my HDD and works as long as the partition table maintains can someone point me some clues here

A:can someone explain to me how a mbr , vbr & ntloader works..

Quote: Originally Posted by firesh

hi ,

No its not the wrong thread or so i know whr i am writting.. please forgive me for the title.

i am writting this is becoz i actually would like to know the difference between all this 3 things and what are they in lay mans term n whr there are located whether it is all combined into a thing called MBR (master boot record) or they are individual entity or how is it like ?.. please explain someone.. badly need to know..

i tried understanding myself alot by reading sooooooo soooo many websites everyone seem to say the same which makes sense but i am jus confused on how this works.. a hint or a person explaining it to me would be better as i am new in venturing to this field learning up and picking up my skills.

the reason why i actually wanna learn up this is becoz i have a system setup that looks somewhat like this :

--> Part 1 : SWAP
--> Part 2 : STATE (you can ignore jus a empty space)
--> Part 3 : Changeable Partition (Where the OS will reside)
--> Part 4 : a linux os (jus for some usage)

so, what i wanna do here is i would like install my Win 7 on the fly by unzipping the dump file (gotten from linux dump command) into Part 3 (ntfs of course), and then boot up win 7 on the nx boot (by me change the active partition to 3)..

the problem here is i dun really understand how MBR / VBR / NTLOADER works and whether this possible to do for win 7 !!... WinXP with FAT32 was easy..

can someone feed me with some knowledge .. please

is MBR contain VBR and NTLOADER all in or they are seprate hex that loads one after another or how the heck this thing works.. yea i know they are assembly which i hv no knowledge on .. but i am pretty sure there is some easy way out whr i can jus extract that hex codes to directly to be flushed in my HDD and works as long as the partition table maintains ...

can someone point me some clues here....

MBR refers to a Master Boot Record.
Follow this link for further information to help you discover the answers you seek.
Master boot record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92798-can-someone-explain-me-how-mbr-vbr-ntloader-works.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all!

I have a problem with my university internet. I can connect fine through wireless, no problems at all.
However when I attempt to use my ethernet cable, I have a connection for 5-10 seconds before any webpage I attempt to access is directed to a portal to log in with my university ID and password. Once I do so and the portal has confirmed that I have access (the user/pass has worked), the display page tells me to retry my original URL, however the internet connection does not work and I am not able to access anything. Any help? Thanks!

I have gone to the help center at my school and they were unable to help me

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm trying the latest version of Tinywall Tinywall is a Windows Firewall Front End that helps you configure the built in Windows firewall better than you can without it Tinywall's claim to fame is by default it blocks Everything then Only allows the applications processes or services through the firewall that I expressly tell it to allow I see under Show Connections if I have Open Ports checked I get a list of what I presume to be Open ports open meaning unblocked IMO Yet if I right click on any of Explain Tinywall to works Firewall Ports me it as in the ports there is an option for UnBlock there is also an option to kill leading me to believe these ports are open and active with outgoing Explain Ports to me as it works in Tinywall Firewall connections - Explain Ports to me as it works in Tinywall Firewall If these ports Explain Ports to me as it works in Tinywall Firewall are Blocked then How can they be open This is confusing and misleading to me Are these ports open or blocked There are a lot of ports most quot duplicates quot Two lsass exe's many Services exe's and scvhost exe's many System 's and a few Wininit exe's The only one in the list I know is the Chrome exe I manually set a rule for so I could access the internet I don't want anything going in or out that I don't specify the PC should look and act as if it's not connected the the internet at all save when I tell it to open Chrome The state on all these ports are Listening - why listen when i don't want or need them to run - or do I Are these ports somehow needed for Chrome to work What Exactly are these ports how can I determine if i need them or not and how can i block them If I can block them I don't want to ever see them in this list again I ask several question here can someone please go through the post and try to answer all of them Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/67937-explain-ports-me-works-tinywall-firewall.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So, I just got back to college, and it has about 3000 students and a T3 (ds3) network.

I've been trying to play some video games, but the network seems to go bad after about a minute of play. This happens every time. I start out in game at about 100ms ping, and then it goes up to around 1000. Is there anything I can do to my registry (possibly editing Winsock or Lanman keys)?

Or would the only way to fix this be on the network server's end?

I know the network technically should be able to let these games play because when I download files, they usually run at 300kb/s, and I've even had rates of up to 1.2mb/s

Any response is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:College Network Question

Hi and welcome. I'm sure it's the college limiting the bandwith. And unfortunately, we can't help you get around that limitation. Check with them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/college-network-question.659091/
Relevancy 54.18%

Howdy,

I'm a college student and we have bandwidth restrictions to keep people from downloading illegal stuff off the net. This put's me in a bad spot for trying to download large legal files, run my webcam, etc. I've never run a proxy before. Can I do it so that the school can't tell who it is on the actual network?

thanks

A:At college, proxy how to on network

This thread will be locked in about 5 minutes. Read the forum rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-college-proxy-how-to-on-network.493374/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok so Im in my nd year of the graphic design program at georgian college last year i stayed in residence and i am again this year in residence we can download and upload gb a week and i download a lot of stuff so i like to check how much bandwidth with Help residence network college i have left without going over otherwise you get disconnected from the network so i asked the tech guy how to do that and i was told to open my browser and type rls and Help with college residence network then click on my quota so after doing that it brings up a page with a meter for both download and upload and also says my room number which brings me to my problem it is showing the statistics for the room i was staying in last year after talking to the tech guy he told me to go into network connections and repair my connection and that should fix it but still nothing all my temporary internet files cookies cache etc are cleared but still nothing will make it display the correct statistics if anyone knows of a way to fix this it would help me immensely please post here or email im me at email protected thanks nbsp

A:Help with college residence network

The only people that can fix this is your college IT department.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-college-residence-network.500609/
Relevancy 54.18%

I need help setting up my network and I have tried everything I can think of. Here is what I have and what I want to do. I have one desktop that is wired to the apartment network, a wireless adapter for that desktop, a wireless router (netgear wgr614), and two laptops that I want to get wireless. Nothing seems to be working as far as getting my laptops wireless. They are picking up other networks that are saying the type is infrastructure so im guessing i will need to do it that way. Please help me out if you an give me some ideas or pointers on how to set this up or a walk through if you know what to do. PLEASE HELP!!! I would like to be able to use the laptops on the couch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-network-at-college.618560/
Relevancy 54.18%

In order to use the internet at my college I have to use a program called Cisco Clean Access Agent. Loging into this requires my password and username. I figure that although the campus might not be able to spy on my computer directly they would be able to track my internet usage using this program from their router or somewhere else between my computer and 'the internet'.

Right now my security program is McAfee and my windows XP is up to date.

Is there any way to guard against this or am I paranoid?

A:College Network Security

Hi,

Sorry but we cannot help you with blocking that security program-

I wouldn't worry too much about tracking, they just want to be be sure YOU are protected as well as the NETWORK.

Please, read through this good description of what Cisco Clean Access Agent actually is,and does....

http://resnet.uci.edu/cca_faq.asp#q1

If your computer passes the "clean" test, you have access...if not, you have to clean it up.

It's not tracking software at all- though, an infected {or "misbehaving" computer to the Clean Access Agent....} might trigger some action, that is done just by the software.

Be sensible and careful- most infections these days are from files downloaded through P2P programs, Instant Messaging profile viruses, and infected websites, and your security programs should help keep this stuff from harming the computer. There is no ironclad 100% gurantee that they can.

So, I wouldn't worry about being spyed on from that software, and it is very illegal for anyone to use software that can track usage without telling you in advance that they are monitoring what sites you use or what you do.

As I said, we cannot help you with anything to do with blocking or "fooling" the secure logon your school has- and, now that you understand it, I would bet you no longer believe anyone should try to fool around with bypassing security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/college-network-security.682081/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey, i just want to know what program you guys use to be able to download on school networks so i can use my bittorrent. Hamachi use to work for me but it no lo nger works. My school uses clean access agent so we have to log in to download, but i was able to download before, idk why i can't now.

A:Download on College Network

If you consult the TSG Rules, you'll see we offer no support for P2P applications. I suspect the college is restricting such access because they want the network to be available for real work. We won't help you bypass legal restrictions on the network access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-on-college-network.525325/
Relevancy 54.18%

my college relies on registrating our lappy to access our lan network provided in our hostel.
altough we are connected to the lan,,we are not able to access the internet without registration ?

is there any cool ways to bypass this step and use it!!!!

A:how to use lan network without registration(college)?

Please read the Forum Rules.

Excerpt:  "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

The security measures imposed by your institution for use of its networking capabilities...constitute a valid security measure.  No one here at BC will assist you in your attempt to bypass such.

This topic is now closed.  If you have any valid questions about my actions...please convey such to me via PM.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622533/how-to-use-lan-network-without-registrationcollege/
Relevancy 54.18%

under network in windows 7 ultimate explorer I see 3 computers (my desktop, my laptop, and something that says cisco#####) is that my router and why is it calling it a computer? If I double click theres nothing there. Also below computers is Media Devices/ bill-laptop. why is this here, how does media devices differ from computers. lastly below all that is Network Infrastructure and again cisco#####. I double clicked and bottom of screen says installing drivers, now says microsoft wireless router module driver software installed successfully.I have a linksys by cisco router (installed 2 years ago) so not understanding what is installing and why?

A:explain network

something that says cisco#####) is that my routerClick to expand...

yes

right click on the space and then sort by - category and you should see the cisco under infrastructure

mine is shown under computers and infrastructure wag32N - as i also have a share on the router to a harddrive

Also below computers is Media Devices/ bill-laptopClick to expand...

windows 7 has a default media service and usually set to share
and my router has a media server - so also shown there as well

heres a picture of mine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explain-network.1088947/
Relevancy 54.18%

This is the damnedest thing. suddenly I cannot accsess my school's website, or my POP3 account provided by the school from home. I can from work, and every other computer in the world, but not any computer on my home network. as far as I can tell, this is the only site I have this problem with. I cant even ping them.

Any thoughts?

A:Home computer cannot accsess College website or recive email from college account.

Do you have a home network setup there? Make sure they are connected properly and are allowed internet access.

If you tried the above, or it doesn't apply to you, download HijackThis. Create a folder for it at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/home-computer-cannot-accsess-college-website-or-recive-email-from-college-account-11478.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey there I m connecting to the internet via my college s network and my - College Trouble No Network Gateway? network trouble varies from working fine full speed extremely slow and College Network Trouble - No Gateway? then sometimes it loses the internet connection completely -I am running Windows bit -Connecting wireless -I have reset the TCP IP stack repair options I fail every ping test except for quot DNS Lookup quot via Xirrus Wi-Fi I have no idea why it s acting so horribly and it s extremely annoying College Network Trouble - No Gateway? Below is my IP config Please note that where necessary I have redacted personal information such as my university Windows IP Configuration Host Name redacted Gateway fx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List resnet redacted xxx edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - F- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix resnet redacted xxx edu Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -EA- B-EE-AE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db b e ddc c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Monday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F -AA- - - D- - F- E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap domain actdsltmp Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e bac Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe bac Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix resnet redacted xxx edu Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address eea eea Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap resnet redacted xxx edu Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix resnet redacted xxx edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I can't connect to MMO servers when I'm using my college laptop in college. I occasionally want to use this during lunch hours/study classes when I'm stuck in the building and can't be bothered walking back to my flat just to play a game on my lunch hour(s)...

So is there any way around this?

Relevancy 52.89%

I just moved into COLLEGE for the first time evar and now I have my first time evar college computer problem I got everything set new kicks offline My me network college randomly up and running correctly but every - seconds it will kick me offline for a split second and then reconnect as if nothing had happened I just checked the plug on both ends and they re fine I called campus tech support and they said it was a very uncommon problem and to turn off firewalls and run their spyware program which I did Still no luck I had a campus IT guy come up and he had no idea but said the problem was probably my network card I was using my onboard network card and to buy a new one He also checked the cord itself and it worked on other computers so it s not that I just picked up a new network card for installed it and I am getting the exact same My new college network kicks me offline randomly problem CAN ANYONE HELP ME This is seriously cutting into my World of Warcraft I mean studying time Plus it s annoying as hell Sorry if this has been posted already if it has please link me to that thread Thanks nbsp

A:My new college network kicks me offline randomly

Welcome, and I hope you don't have to visit this forum too often during your college career; you'll have plenty to do without computer and networking problems.

Are you connected directly to the college's network (e.g., an ethernet port in the wall)? If so, run out and find a new friend with a notebook; have him/her use your connection to determine whether you or the IT dept. has the problem. I'm guessing IT since they've already checked the cable and you are on your second NIC. (I'm assuming that the IT tech guy didn't check your connection with another computer.)

If you're using a router, switch, hub, etc., consider a possible problem there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-new-college-network-kicks-me-offline-randomly.392130/
Relevancy 52.46%

What setting should I have my LCD at. it says it can go up to 60hz, but if I uncheck the "only show modes that the monitor can run at", then I can go up to 100mhz. Would it damage my LCD if I go too high?

Relevancy 52.46%

The college my son will be attending says the students' laptops must have an "802.11b" or "802.11g+b" compatible wireless card to access the college's wireless network.

My son has a Dell Inspiron 1525, which has a wireless 1395 WLAN Mini Card. Documentation on the computer says it has an IEEE 802.11n (???)

So, will my son's wireless card work, or does he need to get something else? Does a tech-savvy person need to install this, or could I do it?

A:Solved: Is my son's wireless card compatible with college network?

Don't worry the card will work for fine.

802.11n is going to be the next wireless standard and is backwards compatible with the other two main standards.

So an N card can connect to an N, G or B network, the card should already been installed on the computer and ready to use, the IT guys at the college will probably have an open day for new students to get them setup. They usually do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-my-sons-wireless-card-compatible-with-college-network.743972/
Relevancy 52.03%

So I have two computers an EEE pc running Windows XP and a gaming desktop running Windows I got to school the other day and set up my stuff in my room and tried to get onto the internet using Internet Desktop Network to connecting Problem 7 College Windows my my desktop It failed miserably and I have no idea why and my EEE pc connected in a few seconds and has been running blazing fast I m not sure what you guys need so I ll list a bunch of stuff Desktop Windows bit Home Premium DWA- revE D-Link Wireless Adapter gb AMD Phenom X Processor ATI Radeon HD EEE PC Windows XP Atheros AR gb Intel ATOm CPU N Intel Express Chipset Netbook The wireless manager lists networks logGers unsecured logGers secured and PS-Guest Access unsecured I can connect to either of the two unsecured ones without a hitch and I m done No problems whatsoever Desktop The wireless maanger thing lists - - networks just randomly some switching on and off but mainly I have the same networks avaiable No matter which network I try to connect to I ll either get an immediate message saying quot unable to connect quot and my Windows troubleshooting thing will also immediately say quot unable to find problem quot or it ll try to connect say Problem connecting my Windows 7 Desktop to College Internet Network quot Identifying no internet access quot and maybe seconds later it ll come back with quot Unidentified network no internet access quot On a side note the D-Link Wireless Connection manager lists networks within range on different channels and it won t let me connect to any of them It s super frustrating because my EEE pc has had no trouble at all and I know if I could get the desktop internet running just as well I could do some serious gaming Sometimes the troubleshooting thing won t come back a failure it ll say quot problem with adapter or access point resetting wireless adapter- fixed quot and it ll say the problem is resolved except I m still getting quot unidentified network no internet access quot Also I sometimes get this thing in Troubleshooting that says quot association failed quot for all the networks I m trying to join Things I ve tried Didn t really know what to do I turned off my firewall turned off my anti-virus network shields and such reset my wireless adapter bunches of times and that s about it Let me know if you guys need screenshots of anything or anything else you might need Edit Ran troubleshooting again and it came back with quot The default gateway is not available quot and told me to turn off my adapter for seconds and plug it back in again nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

My friend bought an old college laptop running what looks like an old copy of XP On needs network laptop college old XP WIn removing up boot setting Solved: bootup it begins to load up what looks like bespoke settings for a network She no longer works there and so asked if I could remove these boot up settings so the machine just boots up to XP I m an intermediate user of PC s and networks but this has been set up by a professional sys admin who no longer works there I ve tried getting in using OPH crack to remove admin account but this has not worked I am not familiar with windows startup or editing that so have not been in to this area of the machine other than to have a look This is new ground to me and you know what sys admins are like Any tips or links to older threads much appreciated so I can get down to doing Solved: WIn XP old college laptop needs boot up network setting removing what I was asked to do Prob is once booted fully using her log in password I have it acknowledging my wireless home network but I Solved: WIn XP old college laptop needs boot up network setting removing can t get the browser to connect to any site whose URL I type in so I wonder if the machine is thinking it s connected to the old college LAN Your advice welcome and of course I will answer any questions to help clarify what I may not have explained too well Keith nbsp

A:Solved: WIn XP old college laptop needs boot up network setting removing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-xp-old-college-laptop-needs-boot-up-network-setting-removing.1022969/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi!
I followed the instructions here, so hopefully someone can look at this and tell me what is going wrong.
I run ok except when at Wake Tech Comm college - where about 60 seconds or so I will BSOD and each time a minute or so connection, it does it again. i've run registry fix programs, etc. Must be a bad .... something. ugh? haha. Any clues would be much appreciated. thank you. DAve
p.s. Perform / report is inside the subdirectory.

A:Win7 Prof BSOD when I wireless to local college network

It's showing ntoskrnl.exe errors.
Hardware conflict or virus, is my personal experience with the 0x7f codes.
Try running malwarebytes antimalware and see if it finds anything.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes

Barring that perhaps a more experienced member will chime in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140822-win7-prof-bsod-when-i-wireless-local-college-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I use MS Works database for my company booking info and mail merge the database into confirmation letters etc MS Works word processor My office has a few computers networked and they ve all got works on them all of them mail merge without problems - except for my own desktop machine As soon as I select Tools gt Mail Merge gt Open Data Source I get the error Works cannot open the mail merge list you selected The file may be damaged or it may be in a file format that Works does not support Can I stress again - these files work fine on all other machines all XP and the 8.5 Error Merge though?! on network - Works machine on Mail works another message pops up before I even select which file to merge with Literally when I hit the menu item I tried uninstalling Works removing all mention in the registry and reinstalling - it still does it The database file and letter files to merge them with are all held on another computer in the office all computers access them the same way - using the MSHOME network no workgroup or anything Any ideas Please help I just tried opening one of the mail-merge letters and linking it to a completely empty database file saving it and trying that on the problem computer It still gave the error So it s not the contents of any of the database fields that are causing this nbsp

A:Works 8.5 Mail Merge Error - works on another machine on network though?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-8-5-mail-merge-error-works-on-another-machine-on-network-though.966016/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I'm a forum virgin so please be gentle with me.

I have a desktop and laptop sharing files and an internet connection via modem to D-Link router setup.

My laptop connects to the network via a Netgear PCMCIA wireless card when mobile and via an ethernet cable when sitting on the desk.

The wireless connection does everything it's supposed to do (network and internet access and sharing).

The ethernet connection only shares files but can not get an internet connection to be established.

I have Norton Internet Security but I think everything's alright with that otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect wirelessly. Correct? Are there different IP setup's for wireless/ethernet.

Why can I 'see' my desktop's files and share the printer via ethernet but I can't establish an internet connection unless I go wireless?

Everything's fine with the desktop.

Sorry for the ramble and thanks in anticipation.

A:Wireless fully works, Ethernet works for network but not for internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-fully-works-ethernet-works-for-network-but-not-for-internet.642157/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am connected to the internet, but there is a red x on my network icon (yet when you hover over it, it says internet access.) I tried to go into the network and sharing > change adapter settings, yet the Network connections folder is COMPLETELY blank.

I tried reinstalling the driver. Initially, I get a message that says "the parameter is incorrect" Although, I tried to do it a second time, it said that the driver is up to date.

I dunno what else to do. I'd like to have access to my LAN connection. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate x64.

A:Network Connections Blank - Red X on Network Icon- but Internet works

Well, after 3 hours of trying to find a solution, I immediately found it after creating this thread. Sorry!!!

Anyway, the solution was to open the registry editor, go to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network" and delete the “Config” value. I restarted my computer, and all was well.

Still wondering: why did this happen in the first place?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224729-network-connections-blank-red-x-network-icon-but-internet-works.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi BC I am using XP My wireless network is using the quot G Wireless Modem Router by Belkin It is running unsecured The network normally runs adequately - there are annoying moments when it just seems to freeze but seconds later it comes back to life Yesterday it was performing as usual ie adequately Today I cannot connect to the internet at all either with IE or Mozilla my normal browser When I look at the network status all seems well - it is shown as connected and the signal strength is quot excellent quot But the efforts to connect just time out Mozilla says that quot the connection was reset quot lets you quot try again quot but it never connects I have AVAST running in fully protected mode network - has wireless fine works failed network neighbour's My I decided to run Malwarebytes to check for anything unusual It asked if I wanted to update the virus database - I agreed - it then hung presumably because it could not make its connection I ran it again this time refusing to do the update and it completed a Quick Scan reporting no problems found I disconnected from my network My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine and connected to a neighbour s unsecured network and everything worked fine I switched my router off and on and tried my network again - same problem I tried doing a quot repair quot on the connection by right clicking on the taskbar icon - this operation rarely seems to complete normally on my computer It frequently times out with a message like My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine quot unable to connect quot but when you then examine the network status you find that the connection has been made and all is well It is not unusual therefore to have an error message However this time there was a different error message - I didn t take special note of it at the time but it was something about being unable to clear some kind of cache - this is the only truly unusual thing I can point you to I have recently been through a successful detox of my system courtesy of BC which was very successful It has been a couple of weeks since that and there have been no problems since so I dont think the current problem is related but thought I d mention it anyway Can you help please Kenny

A:My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine

When you rebooted your router, did you unplug every wire from it, for atleast 30 seconds?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377122/my-wireless-network-has-failed-neighbours-network-works-fine/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have a compaq presario laptop with a d-link ethernet card.

I use a network at home and the office.

I use Netscape for my email and I have two user profiles set up on the laptop computer.

at the office my netscape works perfectly, at home it does not....

it keeps telling me that it cannot find the server.

my desktop computer at home (hooked into the same network) works just fine.

What could be the problem?

Thank's Nanci

Relevancy 46.01%
A:explain what "onboard network controller" does and what it is

That means the motherboard has a NIC (Network Interface Card) built into it. You would use that to connect to your network/Internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206138-explain-what-onboard-network-controller-does-what.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an interesting problem that has been driving some pretty smart IT guys nuts To perform my job I have to access a certain venders network fine company IE works but off network blank company problem page on web pages that has security set up that I do not know all the details of Anyway on the company PC using the company image that is a normal XP IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network image and maintained by Comp U Com Any time I access this vender's web page it works fine until just after the log in screen Once I put in my user name and password and click Ok IE just goes blank white and that's it No error msg no nothing its not locked up IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network as the frame is still there and the world is turning but nothing else This happens on IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network all the company PCs accessing this particular vender's web page as I went and checked So I wanted to see if it the problem was in the PC or the network I took the company PC home and was able to successfully log into that vender's web page from my cable modem at that house Worked fine I have already added the vender web pages to the trusted zone and enabled all the active X and everything deleted the cookies tried some proxies etc Every setting that can be done on the PC I have tried My question is what is the company network security system blocking that IE needs to work and how to resolve Thanks

A:IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network

Oh and to add this I loaded FireFox and from the company PC on the company network it logs in fine but FireFox will not display the page correctly and all the buttons do not work right so that is another issue.

I would like to get IE working as that is what these pages were written for

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-blank-page-problem-on-company-network-but-works-fine-off-company-network-269051.html
Relevancy 43%

Network works one way only. (Windows 7)
I have a PC and a laptop that I have selected as being in the same workgroup.
I selected both of them with identical sharing and security definitions.
Nevertheless, it works only one way: from PC to laptop. I can enter laptop folders from PC but when I try to enter a PC folder from the laptop, I receive the message: ?You do not have permission to access PC. Contact your network administrator to request access?.
Each computer has only one account:- the administrator.
How can I make this contact or how can I solve the problem otherwise?

A:Network works one way only.

Quote: Originally Posted by nahmankarin

Network works one way only. (Windows 7)
I have a PC and a laptop that I have selected as being in the same workgroup.
I selected both of them with identical sharing and security definitions.
Nevertheless, it works only one way: from PC to laptop. I can enter laptop folders from PC but when I try to enter a PC folder from the laptop, I receive the message: “You do not have permission to access PC. Contact your network administrator to request access”.
Each computer has only one account:- the administrator.
How can I make this contact or how can I solve the problem otherwise?

Assuming the security and sharing settings are the same "which is controlled at the C:\Users folder then about the only thing that would prevent the share from working is if the Advanced Sharing settings aren't correct, this assumes that some third party anti virus isn't causing the problem which they are famous for?

You can check the Advanced Sharing settings via the Network and Sharing Center, make sure that Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing etc. are enabled on both machines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325027-network-works-one-way-only.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I m having an odd problem w my network I have notebooks one XP Pro the other Vista Home Premium on my home network XP machine - right-clicked C drive Sharing checked quot share folder HELP! Network way HALF - works please on network quot to share entire drive - connects to my router wirelessly Vista machine - right-clicked C drive Share clicked quot share quot button checked permissions to quot full control for everyone quot - connects to my router w ethernet cable My problem is this on my XP machine when I map the Vista computer I can see the content of EVERY folder users windows program files etc and can MODIFY EVERY file as well But on my Vista machine when I map the XP computer I can access Network works HALF way - please HELP! every folder EXCEPT Documents amp Settings or Program Files - I shared the C on both computers and I need access to the entire drive of both computers Does anyone know why this is happening Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

This is odd post...
What would be a good pcmic for my laptop? Does anyone know if there are such cards that when you insert them in the slot they do not stick out, (or just little?)?

Thanks

A:Wireless network (What works?)

Define "just a little Mind you, the bits that stick out are the antenna and they are necessary if you want a decent signal.

There are PCMCIA wifi cards that fit completely in the PCMCIA slot, but you have to use an external antenna

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-what-works.56620/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello well after getting No wireless network works but rid of security platinum i cant get on the internet with the infected cpu but this computer and other devices still work on wireless Dell Mt No network but wireless works gh windows ive tried to netsh winsock reset but get quot access denied quot even though i right click and run as admin Malwarebytes scan nothing found spybot search and destroy clean one thing services exe is running at gb and fan on computer runs like a jet when i disable the network adapter fan slows but services exe still uses gb Help am i still infected here are several logs from farbar service scanner Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by home administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users home Desktop quot Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost No network but wireless works is accessible There is no connection to network Google IP is accessible Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errors Yahoo IP is accessible Attempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of BITS The value does not exist The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows System wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows System qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows System es dll gt MD is legit C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by home administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Search quot afd sys quot C Windows System drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C B DE A B A FD C C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-winsock-core bf ad e none f a e afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation A FD A F B CA DB C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-winsock-core bf ad e none e b ee f afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C B DE A B A FD C C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-winsock-core bf ad e none e ca afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D DC A DEA A BAF F D FBDB C End Of Search Help im struggling here cant figure it out

A:No network but wireless works

Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop. There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one. You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466914/no-network-but-wireless-works/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently built a computer and thought it would be neat and easy to network it with my old computer Network of works One-half It may be neat but it hasn t been easy I use a Linksys WRT GS router and have cabled the new computer to it and use a Wireless G USB device to connect the old computer Both computers access the internet and I can ping both of them My computers have two different names but use the same workgroup which I called Home The new computer does network and creates a network drive z by default I can save files etc on the z drive The old computer connects to the network the linksys software states that it is connected and there is a connection icon in the tray but it doesn t create a network drive nor does it quot see quot the z drive that the new computer created I get the following message quot Home is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of One-half of Network works this server to find out if you have access permission quot One-half of Network works Of course I am logged in as the administrator on both computers The new computer uses an Intel Pro M ethernet card and the new one an Intel Pro PL card The addresses are different one being and the other I have had two TIVO boxes networked for a couple of years using Wireless G USB devices and they still work What am I missing here nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi A few weeks ago I bought a Linksys Wireless router for my home set up I have a personal computer in my not works does but Internet network upstairs bedroom lets call that PC and a sort of quot work horse quot in a downstairs studio lets call it PC so I thought it d be good to get a wireless set up so I don t have cables going everywhere Both computers Internet works but network does not are running Windows XP service pack I got two USB TP-Link network adapters one of them is slightly different one is mbps and the other mbps and have slightly different software but otherwise they re they same I managed to get internet working perfectly for a while now and has been working PERFECTLY since but I just can t figure out this network issue I don t know a lot of the more complicated computer stuff but I learn it pretty easily and boy have a learnt a lot trying to sort out this mess Symptoms For the most part the two computers just won t connect with each other at all Occassionally the shared folders will show up under my network places sometimes the computers will even show under workgroup computers sometimes NEITHER computer shows up under workgroup computers of the time if I click on any share folders it ll show an error message ending with quot The network path was not found quot Sometimes there will be like communication happening one way but not the other I think it s mostly PC being able to access PC but PC can t get into PC The other of the time it actually works fine I have not been able to make any connection with anything I ve done to try to fix it and it breaking so I don t know what I m doing wrong What I ve done so far - File and printer sharing is ticked on both computers - Firewall is set to allow file sharing - Temporarily turned off firewall This seemed to work once but I ve tried it several times since and haven t had as much luck - I wondered if maybe the distance of the router and computers was an issue so I put both computers and the router downstairs Nothing - Temporarily turned off AVG antivirus and firewall did nothing - Turned off DHCP on the router and set a static IP on both computers it s still set to this - Enabled NetBIOS over TCP IP again I left it set to this - I tried renaming the workgroup name which sounded like a stupid thing to do but apparently it worked for someone It didn t for me - I ran the quot Set up a home or small office network quot wizard just to see what would happen I renamed the workgroup for a rd time here Now this seemed to work for a while and it was glorious I took my PC upstairs hooked it up again and then the network stopped working I screamed - I ran the quot Set up a home or small office network quot wizard again and it worked again for a little while I can t remember at what point it stopped working but it was probably less than an hour later I think I might have tried a couple of other small things after that but I can t remember Sorry for the long post I really hope someone out there can help me before I book myself into a mental health clinic Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

My computer Compaq Presario laptop with Intel Celeron CPU running Windows XP Media Center Version SP was working fine until a few days ago Then unexpectedly the internet stopped working I was still able to see the other computers attached to the wireless network in works, but internet?! Network not my home and I was able to transfer files back and forth to the other computers However when I used Internet Explorer it came back with a message that the page was currently unavailable I tried several different web pages all of which I can access from other computers in my home and received the same message for all pages I ran AdAware and Hijackthis I am no expert but everything Network works, but not internet?! appeared normal but still nothing helped so I decided to try to re-install the operating system and files This Compaq computer comes with a recoverable operating system on a separate partition on the drive which I can access using the function key F during startup so I used that key and re-installed the operating system Unfortunately I had the same behavior - I can access other computers on my network but I cannot access the internet I then used the quot PC Recovery Disc Creator quot program installed on the computer to create a set of CDs with the operating system on them and then tried using these discs using the option of formatting the hard Network works, but not internet?! drive before installing the operating system I still have the same problem - I can access and transfer files between computers on my home network but I cannot access the internet Is it possible that this is a hardware problem It seems to me that if I can access other computers through my wireless network then the hardware must be OK Is there some hardware required for internet access that is not required for transferring files across the network Is it possible that the partition on my hard drive that contains the recoverable operating system has been corrupted and therefore when I made my CDs that they were also corrupted Just in case I went online to order a clean copy of the recovery discs from Compaq which I should receive in a few days Does anyone know of a way I can diagnose this problem I have considered throwing the laptop against the wall but this will probably not help Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Is it possible for a laptop's network indicator to show 'Not Connected, Connections are Available', but upon opening IE, I have full blown internet service? Just wondering how this can be.....and where I should check to see where the connection is actually coming from?

Thanks...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67404-network-indicator-has-no-svc-through-but-works.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Reader's Digest version: Both of us are on the same network through an Asus RT-AC56R router. Both are running Windows 10, fully patched, checked w/ Belarc. My network is visible to her system and public files accessible. Hers, and the usb printer on her PC are NOT visible at all to my side of the network. It's as though her system isn't on the network.

Every setting in network sharing matches. I've checked several times to be certain both PCs have the exact same Advanced Network Sharing settings.

I am also running Linux Mint 64-bit as a dual boot. Needless to say, networking using Linux is PERFECT. Any suggestions?

Thank you

A:W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible)

Hello

This is a known W10 bug. It is to do with which PC is the Master Browser, the one that is can see the network and other one can't. Not sure when MS will provide a fix for this. A work around is to start up your PC's in a different order then you will find the situation is reversed.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41124-w10-network-works-one-way-only-both-pcs-not-visible.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I am currently in Afghanistan attempting to run a satellite internet network for the guys here We have an quot IDirect quot series satellite decoder router and we have about computers hooked up to this network My problem is Everything on But Not Network Http Works, the network works perfect instant messaging pinging url s everything EXCEPT accessing HTTP websites through a web browser When there is computer hooked up to the network it will work and yes even with a few more after Network Works, But Not Http that but then HTTP simply stops and we have no idea why Could the configuration of a few people s computers interfere with the entire network s ability to view HTTP I don t believe that bandwidth consumption is the issue because we can all still do VOIP with skype and what not no problem What could this be We considered that the satellite decoder router simply ran out of ip s so we hooked up a linksys router and did all the routing through that but still the same issue Please do not post replies about the linksys router it is NOT the issue I have searched through this forum looking for other similar posts but have found no hits Thank you for your time - Spc Lee US Army Afghanistan nbsp

A:Network Works, But Not Http

This is a discussion about interference on an I3000 in Afgainstan..doesn't seem like your issue.

http://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=idirect;action=display;num=1190176877

Perhaps the issue is on the local network side...Are pcs wired or wireless? If wireless how many hubs?

If several pcs are watching youtube you could be having a bandwidth issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-works-but-not-http.685958/
Relevancy 42.57%

Have set up a network of 4 computers (Belkin wireless router though setup is wired).

Internet connection works and all computers can see each other and lots of things are "shared".

However, computer 1 (XP Home) cannot be accessed by the others as it asks for a password.The other computers are all accessible to Computer 1. I cannot see how to give the other computers access on Computer 1.

I printed out "To grant incoming connections access rights to your computer" which I am not sure if this is correct and it says to open NETWORK CONNECTIONS which I did, and Click on Incoming Connections. However, there is no tab with this name.

So how do I circumvent this password message coming up every time I try to connnect to Computer 1?

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.57%

HI Folks,
Just about had it with this computer HELP before I throw it out the window! I have two network adapters and only one works, but I don't know how to get my computer to use it?! Plus my friend who lives upstairs is willing to let me use his wireless router and modem and my computer recognizes it but the signal switches from excellent to poor within seconds while I'm loading a page. He bought the router/modem at Best Buy, however there was no instruction manual with it at least that's what he says. He was given some numbers that are really really long by Comcast whom he has cable internet through. Can I get a better signal or is the cement fireproof walls gonna be a problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am able to follow directions very well so please someone HELP!
Dell2200

A:2 network adapters and only one works HELP!!

your friend could try changing his routers wireless channel to help the signal. he can goto his routers manufactures website and enter the model number and download a manual which will explain how to access it's configuration utility to changes its wireless channel. also, make sure there are no wireless electronics near your pc like a chordless phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-network-adapters-and-only-one-works-help.630716/
Relevancy 42.57%

I ve just purchased a new Windows Vista computer and I set up a network with my old XP system I am able to access the internet on the Vista system so the network Network works doesn't but is connecting properly but after reading all of the explanations I could find on the internet and double triple etc checking all of my settings neither computer recognizes the other on the network and I cannot figure out what I have done wrong Like I said I shared the internet connection which is coming from the XP system and I can access the internet on the new Vista but both see no other computers on the network When I try to explore the network in the XP system it says I do not have permission although I am logged on as administrator the only user on the system in fact is the administrator I can see the wireless router on the Vista and I was able to open it once but it asked me for a username and password which I had not set up on either system I tried the usernames from both systems but it would not accept either of them I saw something on one Network works but doesn't website Network works but doesn't about a WEP passcode or something similar of which I am completely unaware I made sure both systems were referencing the same network name and I made sure file and printer sharing were enabled on both systems as well per the suggestion of several websites I referenced for help Is there anything else I haven t thought of I know that any number of individual settings could be clashing but I don t even know where to begin nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi For the past two months I have been running a wireless network via a Linksys router in my house I m using a Dell Inspiron For the most part all has been fine However from time to time even Network works no longer as I surfed the web I would find my connection was no longer working Most of the time I d just wait a minute or two Network no longer works and it d restore itself Sometimes I d have to manually disconnect from the network and re-connect It wasn t much more than an annoyance that happened about once a day As time went by however the disconnections would Network no longer works occur more frequently Last week it got to the point where I was being booted offline multiple times per session The router was never unplugged Resetting it didn t correct the problem either I would begin having to restart my computer to reconnect to my network but that began to fail as well I finally deduced the problem lay with the network card I tried to run the Windows quot Repair quot option but all it did was freeze it up once disabling the card Now I cannot connect to my network at all I tried installing a new driver but minutes later it was still quot installing quot The icon at the taskbar often shows Windows quot searching for network address quot for minutes on end Short of buying a new network card any repair ideas nbsp

A:Network no longer works

sounds like your card got deepfried or something..

personally, i would see no repair option except for soldering on the card, but that's not something to do yourself if you don't know what to do..

my advice: get a new card.. they cost next to nothing nowadays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-no-longer-works.820421/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was was asked to post here from http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html services exe is running at gb and fan on computer runs like a jet when i disable network no works but wireless the network adapter fan slows but services exe still uses gb after getting rid of security platinum i cant get on the internet with the infected cpu but my sons laptop and other devices still work on wireless Dell Mt gh windows bit ive tried to netsh winsock reset but get quot access denied quot even though i right click and run as admin Malwarebytes scan nothing found spybot search and destroy clean here are the results of the dds scan also have another scan but it said not to post it unless asked for please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by home no network but wireless works at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www goolge com uSearch Bar Preserve uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system EnableLinkedConnections x IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll Trusted Zone intuit com ttlc DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdown... Read more

A:no network but wireless works

Help all the way to page 8 and still no relpies

Help please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467014/no-network-but-wireless-works/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone,

I have a Netgear RangeMax Wireless router - with cable connection to my desktop computer - internet is working fine.

My previous laptop (HP pavilion something...) rarely if every dropped out. I just got a new laptop (HP Pavilioin DV6), and am using it in the exact same building. The computer says its connected to the wireless network. The little internet globe is on the two computers.

However quite often, webpages will just not load. They dont come up with error messages - just blank. When I click repair network, it says there is nothing wrong.

Then later it will just work normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks alot

A:wireless network works when it wants

I'm going to assume wireless to the desktop.
Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-works-when-it-wants.838060/
Relevancy 42.14%

The Network icon in my notification area has a red X over it, yet my internet works and I can see the other computers on my home network. The computer is running Vista and is plugged into the router. This never happened before and I'm wondering if something isn't quite right. I ran the network diagnostic and it says everything is fine.

Relevancy 42.14%

Cant Browse Internet I ve tried connecting via Network Cabele and Wireless I only have of these two devices enables at any OK - works Browse Can't Network Internet. one time I can Ping anything google - Works Yahoo - works everything pings OK Can't Browse Internet. - Network works OK Even Pinging IP addresses I traceRt st hop OK Thats to the Router nd hop No Dice rd hop and all the rest OK Typing the IP in IE or FF doesn t work either I was finally able to update XP Home to SP by copying the install files over the network Yes I can see this problem computer from other computers And I can copy Can't Browse Internet. - Network works OK data into it s shared folder I have used HiJackThis to check was things are hooked into the browser And finally got rid of all the old Norton crap still hooked into it Norton has been fully uninstalled B SP the Firewall was disabled and After SP the full featured Firewall was disabled I reset the Browser Security settings to the default Any other Advice to help Diagnose Should I run some sypyware stuff on it DL AVG and run it to help rule out HiJackers Viruses I ve also ipconfig flushDNS or whatever the command is I did it last night twice I just forgot the correct Thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I am running vista mce on a home network wired I have another pc running xp home edition which is networked to the vista pc During the process of sharing drives for backup I created a login password login works but on network for Password not on the vista machine and used the same login name Password works on network but not for login and password on the xp pc to access the vista pc when requested Both pc's on mshome network Everything worked fine Today I tried to login to the vista pc and I'm told user name or password is incorrect I am certain it is correct This is the first time I have tried to log in having set up password There is only one user set up on the pc With the vista pc switched on but stuck at the login screen I tried accessing it via the xp pc over the network When asked for user name and password I entered the vista user name and password on the xp pc and was able to access the shared drive Unfortunately the shared drive doesn't have vista os installed on it I have tried disconnecting the xp pc and taken it off network-still can't access vista with same details I haven't created a password reset disc never again Started to look at using Trinity Rescue Kit but hoping someone here can show me the error of my ways

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/224242-password-works-network-but-not-login.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I was having problems with connecting to the Internet and the local home network After reading some of the posts here I decided to reboot my Belkin VOIP g GATEWAY Model F P E Gau router I now have the Internet working but cannot see any other computers on the local home network I have ran the network wizards but no joy I can Ping other computers but cannot see them in Windows explorer I have attached some info that may help diagnose Dell Precision Workstation XP Pro SP Linksys Wireless - G PCI adaptor with Rangebooster C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name acme- bfa dd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing network but Internet no access works Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G PCI Adapter with RangeBoo Internet works but no network access ster Physical Address - -F - - A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Internet works but no network access Obtained Wednesday March PM Lease Expires Friday March PM C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping Pinging with bytes Internet works but no network access of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Administrator gt YOur advice would be much appreciated Regards Sam nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have setup a network that works fine. The PC with the printer connected to it does not show when looking at the computers on the network.The printer does work and it even prints fine from all the pc's
I need to see the pc so that I can map the harddrive of this pc

Relevancy 42.14%

YEsterday afternoon i contracted Antivirus soft, which happened to me once about a year ago as well. After following the removal instructions from this bulletin board on it, i could not reaccess the internet unfortunately. I keep getting the "cannot renew IP address" error when i try to repair my wireless connection. tried connecting with an ethernet cable to my router but still no success in getting connected to the network. took it to the geek squad and they confirmed that i don't have any viruses or malware, but seem to now be missing a windows file for the browsing. they were able to connect wirelessly in safe mode, but not with a regular startup. How should i go about fixing this?

I run Windows XP Media Center SP3 on a Dell laptop.

your help is greatly appreciated-

evan

A:Network works only in safe mode

You might check to see if your malware set up a proxy server on your system.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial, See Error 732 When Trying to Update....Uuuhh...GeekSquad didn't happen to say exactly which file is supposed to be missing that allows connection from safe mode, but prevents connection from normal mode?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319444/network-works-only-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear forum I have a laptop and several PCs running simulations They are connected with a TP-LINK desktop switch From the laptop I can RDP into the PCs but I cannot open their folders from Explorer or write to them from software running on the laptop see below All machines are WORKGROUP and the network is LAN quot Unidentified network quot Work not access but does network file works RDP network What must I change Thanks a lot in advance pc a laptop Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter LAN Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address A - - - F- B- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd c df b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - - - - F-DA- E- D DNS Servers NetBIOS RDP works but network file access does not over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - RDP works but network file access does not - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes pc a desktop PC Code Windows-IP-Konfiguration Hostname PC Prim res DNS-Suffix Knotentyp Hybrid IP-Routing aktiviert Nein WINS-Proxy aktiviert Nein Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix Beschreibung Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physikalische Adresse - -A - - RDP works but network file access does not B-C DHCP aktiviert Nein Autokonfiguration aktiviert Ja Verbindungslokale IPv -Adresse fe a c c e Bevorzugt IPv -Adresse Bevorzugt Subnetzmaske Standardgateway DHCPv -IAID DHCPv -Client-DUID - - - - - -FD-A -B - - A-C -A - B DNS-Server NetBIOS ber TCP IP Aktiviert Tunneladapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E AF - C - F -BE C-C C C Medienstatus Medium getrennt Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix Beschreibung Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter Physikalische Adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktiviert Nein Autokonfiguration aktiviert Ja pc a desktop PC Code Windows-IP-Konfiguration Hostname PC Prim res DNS-Suffix Knotentyp Hybrid IP-Routing aktiviert Nein WINS-Proxy aktiviert Nein Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix Beschreibung Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physikalische Adresse - - E-AF- - DHCP aktiviert Nein Autokonfiguration aktiviert Ja Verbindungslokale IPv -Adresse fe c b c c Bevorzugt IPv -Adresse Bevorzugt Subnetzmaske Standardgateway DHCPv -IAID DHCPv -Client-DUID - - - - C- -A - -F -D - - - F- DNS-Server NetBIOS ber TCP IP Aktiviert Tunneladapter isatap BF - - -A -D C Medienstatus Medium getrennt Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix Beschreibung Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter Physikalische Adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktiviert Nein Autokonfiguration aktiviert Ja

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380467-rdp-works-but-network-file-access-does-not.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I am using a HP-XW workstation with bit Windows XP professional SP since yesterday I could not connect to network I am not in works mode Network safe only able to access internet the network drive network printer I cannot Network works only in safe mode ping my DNS server google com any other PC in network We do not use DHCP we have given static IP to every computer I have Trend micro antivirus and firewall I started the PC in safe mode with networking and i could access internet network drive Printer didnt work in safe mode I could ping DNS and google com I changed the IP Address still no good I first tried disabling and then uninstalling the antivirus I also tried MSCONFIG clean boot - gt diagnostic startup Then I selected normal startup and disabled all services Except Microsoft services and disabled all startup entries in MSCONFIG It didnot work I uninstalled the driver in device manager and then reinstalled the device Reading a post somewhere I ran this in CMD - gt netsh winsock reset Nothing of these seems to help resolve this problem Yet the computer still can access network in safe mode with networking Any suggestions

A:Network works only in safe mode

IMO...since you have connectivity when in safe mode...that seemingly points to something that is not a default Windows setting.  When in safe mode, installed drivers do not load and only the Windows default drivers are employed.  Thus, having network connectivity without all normal installed items loading...says to me that something is interfering with connectivity.  Installed firewall/AV drivers do not load in safe mode, but the Windows firewall does...so it could be your Trend Micro program, among other things.

What Loads In Safe Mode

We need more data, IMO.  Do the following in safe mode.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502057/network-works-only-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 42.14%

Just setup wireless network using a linksys package between my home computer and laptop Both computers are in the same house My home computer is not wireless and hooks directly to the linksys router just the laptop is wireless From the home computer I can see all files on the laptop f but I cant see any files from the laptop that are on my home computer Both computers are on the same workgroup I wireless works setup except... All Just network. have sharing enabled on both computers and selected folders to share Both computers have a slightly different IP address There are no problems with the Home Computer I see and can interact with all files on the laptop It is the laptop that is giving me problems On the laptop when I look in windows explorer and under ENTIRE NETWORK I do see the work group that I Just setup wireless network. All works except... created Under the workgroup I do see the home computer However when I click on it it wants a password I never setup any password in my home computer Never mind Issue resolved Delete this post if you like Issue resolve Delete post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/just-setup-wireless-network-all-works-except-33110.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Windows XP laptop that is connected to the internet and to mapped network drives on a desktop. That all works fine. But I can't ping the desktop (although I can access access the file shares) and I can't ping that laptop from the desktop (either by IP or computer name). It wouldn't be a problem since everything seems to work, except that there is one piece of accounting software that doesn't work right now. When looking into that issue, I found this network problem. Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All I have been trying to figure this out and Scanner on works - Locally not Network hope that someone can help We have an HP laserjet M MFP all in one printer that we are trying to use between offices downstairs for scanning and printing The printer is set up on the network with a CAT cable To Scanner works Locally - not on Network install the software we are required to log onto the computers locally we get an error when logged onto the domain Once installed we can scan and print to this printer when logged on locally When we log on to our domain we still have the print function of the printer available but the scan software does not work The scanner is hooked up and recognized as we are able to scan through MS Paint etc but not through the HP software The other people that I share this with are not very computer literate and have a hard time using other software or logging on locally to use the scan function so I am trying to find a solution that will allow the HP software to work not to mention it is the only way we can scan to a PDF file without purchasing additional software Any help would be extremely appreciated We are all using Windows Ultimate bit I have the TSG info below Also I have tried the HP scan utility to confirm everything is hooked up correctly and it tells me that everything is working fine just cant get the scanner software to open up Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI FireGL V Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP T-EXTREME Antivirus AVG Internet Security Business Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have computers hooked up to Linksys EtherFast -port Auto Sensing Switch EZXS W using Cox s Motorola SURFboard modem My computer is XP Pro SP P GHz with GB of RAM nd computer is XP Home SP Celeron D with GB of RAM Compaq Presario SR NX We were able to share network longer Home no works the printer and file a couple weeks ago and now all of a sudden we can t I noticed my brother was grayed out in McAfee s Network Manager and EasyNetwork and I was the same way on his Did a search about it and saw the tool McAfee offered for a network problem Home network no longer works and ran it That seemed to make things worse because now we do not exist to each other Tried setting up a network through Windows but Home network no longer works it s not working Ran ipconfig all and there is a couple differences that I don t know how to fix st computer mine WIndows IP Configuration host name az primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled Yes DNS Suffix Search List ph cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connnection Connection-specific Home network no longer works DNS Suffix ph cox net Description Intel R Pro VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -DB-E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers nd computer my brother s WIndows IP Configuration host name dragon primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ph cox net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connnection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ph cox net Description Realtek RTL X Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -D -D -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers nbsp

A:Home network no longer works

Remove the McAfee and Easy Network software. Run a registry/virus cleaner, reset the Linksys router to default settings, and rerun the Linksys setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-no-longer-works.125000/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am having a really difficult problem at the moment I am an IT Tech and all our pc s work fine on the network AND Internet I have a clients laptop with me it works perfectly on the network but NO internet what so ever works network working, DSL not fine I done numerous virus scans Malware removal etc but with no luck sorting the problem Also if it helps when I try to repair the wireless connection quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the followng action cannot be completed Disabling wireless adapter quot also previously same error message but something about the DNS when repairing the wireless connection the drivers are up to date Realtek RTL I have configured it manually including the DSL not working, network works fine correct DNS Also if i try to disable programs to run on startup through msconfig while in the Administrator account it tells me i do not have administrative rights even though DSL not working, network works fine the account does Need to get DSL not working, network works fine this sorted asap without a format Here is an attached HJT log incase you need a look Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system S trayp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C WINDOWS BisonCam BisonTrayIcon exe C WINDOWS BisonCam BisonHK exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files hjt HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co za R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run S Trayp S trayp exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotk... Read more

A:DSL not working, network works fine

moving to hjt forums.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-not-working-network-works-fine.770412/
Relevancy 42.14%

OK, i am pretty good with computers but this problems got me stumped, my old desktop dell deminsions 4400 will not connect to my home network. So I first reinstalled the driver and plugged the wire in and like magic i had internet. so i took it up stairs, no internet connection. so i whipped out my handy dandy laptop and plug the wire into the cat5 port and i had internet. so this is telling me the wires in my walls are working, my router and modem are working, and my pc is doing something crazy when it changes elevation. I'm about to take it downstairs to see if itll work again, but ill need help wether it did or didn't connect either way. so thanks ill update it with those results.

A:LAN network works but limited to no connection on my PC

Yup i took it down stairs plugged it in and like magic i have internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-network-works-but-limited-to-no-connection-on-my-pc.1012955/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have three computers and a comcast wireless router.
My Imac is hard wired to my router and Safari works great.
My work windows laptop connects to my comcast wireless network and internet explorer works great.

My second windows laptop connects to my comcast wireless network, receives an ip address, BUT INTERNET EXPLORER WILL NOT WORK...For aol explorer, the wheels spin, as it goes back and forth from 'detecting proxy settings' and 'looking up search.aol.com'.

When I try Mozilla is states 'server not found'

When I try microsoft explorer, it also states ' internet exploer cannot display the webpage...most likely causes..."

Again, all of this is with an 'excellent' wireless connection to my network...

The wierdest thing is that when I switch to my neighbor's wireless network, EVERYTHIN WORKS FINE...

Any help with getting this laptop to work with my wireless network would be appreciated...thanks...

A:My computer explorer works on one network, but not another

Windows IP Configuaration

Host Name ...................: hillarymorton
Primary Dns Suffix .........:
Node Type ....................: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled .........: No
WINS Proxy Enabled .......: No
DNS Suffix Search List .....: chn.comcast.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Media State ....................: Media disconnected
Description .....................: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address .............: 00-02-3F-CE-58-1C

Ethernet adaptor Network Bridge:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix :
Description ............................: MAC Bridge Miniport
Physical Address .....................: 32-1F-AF-BA-F7-B9
Dhcp Enabled .........................: No
IP Address .............................: 192.168.0.1
Default Gateway .....................:

Ethernet adaptor Wireless Network Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix ...: chn.comcast.net
Description ...............................: Atheros AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adaptor #2
Physical Address ........................: 00-90-96-70-42-9C
Dhcp Enabled ............................: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled ..........: Yes
Ip Address ................................: 192.168.0.12
Subnet Mask ..............................: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway .........................:
DHCP Server ..............................: 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers ...............................: 68.87.73.242
Lease Obtained ............................: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:39:55 pm
Lease Expires ...............................: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:39:55 pm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-explorer-works-on-one-network-but-not-another.600037/
Relevancy 42.14%

ok heres what my network setup is like

i have a Hawking usb wireless-N network adapter with hi-gain antenna then on my built in ethernet port i have a linksys wirless g access point 2.4 ghz 802.11g model no. WAP54G ok so my problem is that i have those both the access point and the usb wirless card bridged so i can have 2 other computers can connect ok but when it connect they connect for like 5 min really good but then it goes reallllllly slow then stops working only the inter but it always stays connected to the access point and when i check the status of the bridge it says 500 thous packets sent but then its says 500 million packets recieved so if any could tell me how to fizx this problem it would be a BIG help trying to work from home so need you help asap.

A:Network bridge internet works for 5 min

Your entire network is essentially working on Wireless-G instead of N. the N adapter is backward compatible with G and B networks and if you have even a single G or B adapter, the entire network takes the speed of the slowest adapter which in this case is the G access point. Also since your connections are bridged, your PC is acting as a server. Whats the PC config? If this is a slow machine chances are you'll experience a slow connection. Where is the N adapter configured to receive traffic from? I mean, does the N adapter connect to a different access point apart from WAP54G?

I have a feeling your N adapter is connecting to the G access point and gets into a deadlock since the traffic keeps moving between your PC, the G AP and the N adapter with no external outlet. Hence your connection becomes slow and then stops all together.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-bridge-internet-works-for-5-min-326727.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Let's say I have no router or DHCP server on the network. All I have is a switch on a closed LAN. No access to the internet is wanted. Let's say I manually assign IP addresses to all computers.

To be clear, there is no router, just a switch.

Will this work for file and printer sharing?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello people. Here is the problem:

I installed a "Linksys - Ethernet 10/100 LAN card" into my desktop (Pentium III 550 mHz, 64 mB RAM)with many problems. I placed it into the PCI slot and it didn't 'see' it, so my dad tried installing the drivers from the disk that it came w/ and looked in the bios screen (He noticed the the plug & play option was off, so we turned it back on.) I placed it in several slots before I placed it back in the original one and it finally recognized the card. (I think it may not have been pushed down enough the first times, my computer had these little metal slots that were too small for the tabs and was difficult to fit in.)

Anyways, Now that I can network, I have no sound from the soundcard and my computer doesn't recognize my modem anymore. What the???

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi! I have a problem with my work desktop. All of a sudden we come in and it looks like the network card had crashed. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox do not work. I open my email in Outlook and I can get my email so a signal is coming. I open the command promp and ping for our IP address, it works, then I ping our server, it works. So, I get a signal but still no internet. I've tried everything I can think of including removing spyware, reinstalling Internet Explorer, and changing my firewall settings. Does anyone have an idea why this is doing this? I have complete access to network printers and to email via Outlook but no internet. Ideas?

Thanks!

A:Network Card Works but still no Internet?

have you tried to access a website by the ip address?
It could be a dns issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-works-but-still-no-internet.594908/
Relevancy 41.71%

A user from a different plant recently came to visit His laptop had no trouble connecting to anything at his home plant and had no trouble up here either I got a call today however that since his return he has been able to use the network just fine but cannot connect to the internet I connected remotely to see if I could find Doesn't. Network Solved: Internet Works, the problem this is what I tried and found He is on DHCP Solved: Network Works, Internet Doesn't. and automatic DNS finding - I tried forcing him Solved: Network Works, Internet Doesn't. to use the correct DNS server with no change I noticed in Internet Explorer that the IP address of a site is found just fine but I Solved: Network Works, Internet Doesn't. m unable to ping the IP For example the browser will find that www cnn com is but when I ping it my requests time out He can ping the DNS server with no trouble He has access to anything on the network with no issue it s only the internet that seems to be giving him trouble Windows No wireless card Integrated ethernet Any help would be appriciated - Pat nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I just installed windows 7 on my computer. I am able to connect to my wireless router/network, however the ONLY thing I can access on the internet is google.com or gmail.com (that i know of).

I have disabled all security/firewalls and tried just about everything i can think of. I am able to connect to the wireless router with multiple other computers (running xp and vista). How is it possible that I can access google and my email, and even chat with people on gchat but I can't do anything else?

In the network status window my IPv4 says "internet" and IPv6 says "No network Access".

I am using a Zonet Wireless 802.11g usb 2.0 adapter (ZEW2500P) and connect through a Netgear cg814wg v2 wireless cable modem gateway supplied by comcast.

Is anyone else having this problem? Solutions anyone??

Thanks for your time.

A:Connected to network, only google website works

Have you rebooted your modem and your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41114-connected-network-only-google-website-works.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Here is an interesting problem... I have reviewed all the material out here and can not determine a method of solution....

I have had shared files on a computer with XP, and a laptop with Windows 7. For a while, everything was OK. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to see the XP computer from the Windows 7 computer, it no longer shows up in the networking window, and when I do a run command with \\computer_name I get the error 0x80070035 - "The network path was not found" --- When I use the Run command and put in the IP address such as \\ipaddress, it shows me all the shared files and I can access them just fine. No firewalls are turned on, workgroups are set fine, and as I say, it worked a week ago with the computer name, now it doesn't.

Any ideas?

techbill

A:Solved: Windows 7 & XP - Network IP works / Computer name does not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-xp-network-ip-works-computer-name-does-not.950895/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have three laptops I've tried to connect to a Motorola SBG900 cable modem. The two laptops with XP Pro connect to the modem and internet with no issues. The third laptop with Vista Home Basic will connect to the model but won't connect to the internet.

If the Vista laptop is connected to the model via USB it will connect. If connected with either LAN or wireless, the connection is local only.

I've tried the following:

Entering IPv4 IP address
Entering DNS server address
Turning off the firewall
Reset WINSOCK entries
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults
Disabled the IP Helper service
Disabled IPv6
Disabled the DHCP Broadcast Flag

none of this did anything

Finally I tried turning off the Avast Network Shield and it connected. One of the XP laptops has Avast too, but it didn't have the same issue.

A:Vista Local Only Network (XP works fine)

Clearly, there is a configuration or compatibility issue with the Avast product. What is the question here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-local-only-network-xp-works-fine.875981/
Relevancy 41.71%

my wireless cable internet stopped working. I didn't mess with the configurations, but I downloaded service pack 2, while it was still working, and now my internet doesn't work.It says it is connected and that the signal strength is excellent, but the internet doesn't work. What can I do? also, when i click on the network, a menu, sort of like the controll panel comes up, saying choose a wireless network- (my network) unsecured wireless net. this network is configured for open acces. info sent over this network may be visible to others. you are currently connected with this network bla bla

also- all the other computers on my wireless router still work except mine.

A:HELP! Wireless network is connected but it no longer works!

WTF! NOW FOR SOME REASON I CAN CONNECT TO AOL. I can only send and recieve email. no ims. no browser. no buddy list. just emails. wtf.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-network-is-connected-but-it-no-longer-works.506621/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just got a brand new computer with wireless capabilities. After some configuring, i am connected to my home network, but i cant connect to the internet that is set up on the host computer. i have already checked all the settings on my computer, disabled the firewall (because i have windows xp sp2), and reset the router twice. i am just wondering what else could be the problem. could the local area connection have something to do with it? please help.

A:Wireless Network Works Fine, But Cant Get On Internet

How did you attempt to hook up so far? Did you try this:

start > control panel > network connections > wireless network setup wizard
~~~~~~
Or this on the host computer:

start > control panel . network connections > setup or change your work or home network setup
Run the wizard, choose "This computer connects directly to the internet. The other computers on my network connect to the internet through this computer"
~~~~~~~~

Wait a minute. Upon rereading your original post, I need to know what you are using a router for. Is it a wireless router? If so, then your new computer is not connecting to the internet through the 'host' computer, but rather through the router.

I shall await your answers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44175/wireless-network-works-fine-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 41.71%

Environment: Both computes running Windows10 with Remote Assistance enabled for both.Error Message: A Remote Assistance connection could not be established.When I drive to my friend's condo and we are both connected to her Wi-Fi there are no problems viewing her desktop screen using Remote Assistance. So essentially we are on the same network.But if I try this from home or the Starbucks near where she lives, it doesn't work. (I am referring to accepting her request via email where she gives me the password to connect to her computer.)I am running Norton Security with Backup. So my first thought was FIREWALL settings. But after I went into Settings (for Norton Security) and disabled Smart Firewall, it did not help.Any ideas what other settings I could check?TIA.

A:Remote Assistance Only Works on Home Network

Thank goodness it doesn't work! You don't want anyone to have access using a wide open unsecured public network.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19985994
Relevancy 41.71%

I'll explain the situation here.
I have a router with 3 computers connected to it. 2 of them work fine, except 1.
I can ping a website without loss of packages (I used www.bbc.co.uk)
I also have access to google (sometimes) and to the website of "fortis bank" (which always seems to work).
Every other website I know is not accessible. It saids "page cannot be found".
I tried changing the DNS to what it should be and it didn't work.
I also disable my firewall for a minute, but still no effect.
Changing settings of my connection doesn't work out aswell.
Also did RIES and no success.

If u need more info, I'm right here.

A:Network Connection Works, Internet Doesn't..

What other security software do you have on your computer? It is possible that some security program is blocking out everything that ends with a .com, for example. If you do have an anti-virus program on the computer, see if you can update it and run a full system scan. If that does not do anything, try to disable all of your security software and try again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165352/network-connection-works-internet-doesnt/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am running XP Pro SP on desktop computers and Windows starter edition on a netbook The XP rigs are hardwired to a router and the netbook connects through a WAP I set the netbook up as a workgroup instead of a homegroup so that my XP computers can access the users folder on the netbook Since its Windows starter though the netbook slowly Places opens and Network My works very doesn t seem to be able to see any of the XP computers I have been told that that is one of the drawbacks of Windows starter For the last days when I click on the My Network Places icon on any of the XP computers the main window opens immediately but then takes forever to show the various computers and drives -- I get that little waving flashlight and folder Eventually everything shows and when it does I can promptly get into what I want When I hit the quot back button things again take forever to go back Everything else on all the computers works fine though of the XP rigs are very old is a Dell laptop that is so old it doesn t have a network card LOL the other is My Network Places opens and works very slowly a My Network Places opens and works very slowly Dell and just don t have the processor and ram to run anywhere near like my quad core main system Any ideas as to what to look My Network Places opens and works very slowly for and do nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I have Solved: Works One Network Wired Two Computers, - a wired network issue I m hoping to get some help with My wife and I bought a Solved: Wired Network - Two Computers, One Works new house and the previous owner has a system running through the attic and walls so that every room has a phone cable internet connection box in the wall looking kind of like a massive phone jack plate I set my computer up first plugged my ethernet cable into the wall box and I m good to go My wife didn t set her computer up until a few weeks later but when it came time to connect to the internet she had no connection We had no problem with our simple wired network in our apartment so I was confused I checked the cable no damage to it or the port although the port seemed a little loose to me and tried another one no help I did notice that there weren t any lights coming from the ethernet port on the back of her computer I ran ipconfig and found that she obviously wasn t pulling an IP address I moved her computer to another room to see if it was the box in the wall no help Even though I didn t think it would help I powered down both the router and cable modem out in the garage turned them back on rebooted her computer no help I went to Control Panel -- gt Network Connections -- gt LAN and it was titled quot Local Area Connection quot and said quot network cable unplugged quot beneath that I right-clicked to try and repair but quot repair quot was greyed-out so I couldn t even use it I checked the settings in Device Manager and all was normal I even un-installed re-installed her network card no help Defeated I let it slide for about a month because it s not a life or death issue For some reason my wife decided just to try her computer again one day It magically was connected to the internet My computer was still fine and all was right in the world A week later and her computer magically doesn t connect anymore All of the old symptoms have returned and it s like we hit a time warp and went back to where we were a month ago She s got a Dell Dimension E running WinXP SP with the standard Broadcom NIC which I think is part of the motherboard What should I do Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I have three desktop computers here (two with XP, one with 2000) One of the XP machines had a whack of spyware and viruses (which I'm currenty trying to deal with in another thread). It hasn't been able to connect to the network for a couple days. This morning, my main PC was fine. As of now, none of the windows machines will connect to the internet, yet my little Mac here is working perfectly. Can I assume I have a network virus?

This is the other thread that has my hijack this logs and some more explanation of what I've done already, in case it's helpful at all.

Thanks!!

A:Home network - pcs cannot connect, Mac works fine

Macs don't tend to be bothered by most viruses, as they are mostly written to mess with Windows machines. Sounds like whatever got your first machine got the other windows machine also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-pcs-cannot-connect-mac-works-fine.308937/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone,

So recently I had to purchase a external USB ethernet adapter because my onboard LAN had broken, so I received it and it worked fine at first I had to clear the winsock and reboot and then it worked ok.

However now everytime I boot into Windows 7 normally, I just get "unidentified network" and it is set to public, where as on safe mode it is set to my normal home network.

I'm not sure what is happening exactly, it would be nice to retain the internet for my normal OS.

Many Thanks,

Luke

A:Network Access only works in safe mode?

I'm no expert, but the first thing I do when something like that happens is I run rkill.
You can download rkill here at bleeping:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

rkill will terminate any known malware processes, and removes incorrect executable associations and fixes  certain policies.
If after you run rkill the problem is fixed (do not restart computer) then you most likely have malware, and need to start your scans, (Anti-virus, malwarebytes)
or you can go to the virus, trojan, spyware, and malware removal logs forum for help to remove the malware you have.

This is always my start point when something doesn't work unless in safe mode.
Just a suggestion.
Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559575/network-access-only-works-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 41.71%

i just did a brand new fresh install of windows xp. updated to SP2 and installed my motherboard drivers. all is good except windows refuses to believe that i have my Ethernet cable plugged in. i can access the internet on my linux partition so everything is good with my hardware. ive uninstalled and reinstalled and tried a few different drivers and restarted my computer a million times with no results.

i have a wired connection into a router if that helps any.

pls help this is extremely frustrating!!

A:'Network cable unplugged' but works with linux

i couldnt edit my post, but i fixed the problem by unplugging my power supply and then plugging it back in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-cable-unplugged-but-works-with-linux-346992.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ever since getting DSL and networking two computers together I ve been unable to use Web mail from one of the computers It on not mail Web works dail-up but home network. surfs fine and can dod POP mail but my wife had to give up her Hotmail account because any click beyond the login page like to view the inbox would time out She still hasn t forgiven me Now she has Web mail works on dail-up but not home network. a need to be active in a Yahoo Group and she can Web mail works on dail-up but not home network. t use Yahoo mail or several of the posting and forum functions within the group My other computer can do everything fine and it is running XP and this was still on ME so I upgraded -- but it didn t fix the problem But here s something interesting -- everything works file if I dial into the Internet with this computer The problem only exists if I m using the home network on the DSL I ve gotten lots of advice -- allow pop-ups make sure Java and Javascript are enable I even downloaded the latest versions and I ve checked HOSTS to see if there s an entry related to Yahoo nope The latest suggestion was to switch ports between the computer that works right and the one that doesn t No change Any ideas would be appreciated - Steve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-mail-works-on-dail-up-but-not-home-network.391587/
Relevancy 41.71%

My main computer is connected to DSL thru a Cisco wireless card The main computer is connected to a D-link wireless router Two laptops are running wireless cards All three computers are to but internet connect Solved: won't the works Network running XP home SP The main computer is set to share the internet All three computers can see each other and share files readily The two wireless laptops cannot connect to the internet I have reset the router Changed the Com card Reset the cisco card I have Norton System Works and I have run Norton antivirus to make sure the system is clean I have Solved: Network works but won't connect to the internet run Ewido to remore any other distractions Main computer cisco card is automatic ip from the dsl I can t ping this ip address from the laptop The Com card is manual set I can ping this ip address from the laptop Router is and I can ping this ip address from the laptop Please can anyone help me Thanks for having this site and offering this help nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Here s a new one it looks like Lenovo Ideacentre B Windows Home Premium SP Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection ethernet NETGEAR ProSafe Gigabit Port VPN Firewall FVS G T incoming I plug the Lenovo in to the ethernet cable Cable BUT different with works it Unplugged machine Network in my office get link amp data transfer lights connect to the internet everything works Bring it out to different office it s replacing an old XP machine which connects on the cable I m about to mention Plug it in to ethernet no lights Network Cable is Network Cable Unplugged BUT it works with different machine Unplugged Plug cable back into old XP machine It connects Bring out a Win Home Premium SP laptop It connects Plug back into Network Cable Unplugged BUT it works with different machine Ideacentre nothing Drag ideacentre back into my office It works again Have you ever heard of this Ever The Ideacentre is new so it s never worked on this area before Also I have and they re behaving identically ALSO sometimes when I plug in the ethernet cable the green and yellow indicator lights will blink once at me and then never again But only sometimes In summary The cable s good works with other machines The port NIC card is good works in my office the only difference between the two locations is that I have an extra router in my office that I don t have in the office the Lenovo is going in so it MUST be something in the settings but I can t tell what s different between the machines that work and the Lenovo nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I recently purchased a used C E Kyocera color MFP to use as my sole printer for a home business network I am having printer issues We - Works Issue Network USB Fine Printing have a dell laptop and desktop PC running Windows Vista and they print just fine to the new Printer Copier The issue is that my Toshiba laptop - bit running Windows thinks the printer is offline on the network When running diagnostics it says the printer is turned off Now when I hook up a USB cable to it the printing works as it should Unfortunately this is not the solution to my problem I need to be able to quot Scan to PC quot images from the scanner I don t think I can do this through a USB connection I have not contacted Kyocera or Microsoft about this as of yet One will just push the blame on the other I have been down that road before with different manufacturers I am not a computer guru by any stretch and am an absolute novice at networking I haved tried dropping firewalls changing network ports on the router changing network cables Actually found a bad one printing through something other than Microsoft Office apps removing and reinstalling drivers many times All computers show up on the Network Printing Issue - USB Works Fine network so the router is identifying the Toshiba Confirmed I am printing through the TCP IP Confirmed the copier setup with the network IP address it works on the Vista computers grasping Is there a way to quot ping quot the printer through the Toshiba Remember novice Unfortunately I know what I don t know almost EVERYTHING about COMPUTERS other than to point and click and that is just enough to be extremely dangerous Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying to remote access my laptop on the same network (and potentially from a different network) but I can only do so when I use its 192.168.X.XX IP. When I try its up from What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address I get the "Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons

1) Remote Access to the computer is not enabled
2) The Remote Computer is Turned Off
3) The Remote Computer is not available on the network"

I've also forwarded port 3389 on my Linkysys WRT54GSV4 router. Solved the issue. I'm just worried now because the laptop will move to a different network with my little cousins who won't know how to change the router's port settings for their router. Is there an easier way for me to get around this?

A:Remote Access works using the network IP but not the regular IP

Go to Start > right click on Computer and go to Porperties. Click remote settings and enable what needs to be enabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-works-using-the-network-ip-but-not-the-regular-ip.1009228/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying to remote access my laptop on the same network (and potentially from a different network) but I can only do so when I use its 192.168.X.XX IP. When I try its up from What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address I get the "Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons

1) Remote Access to the computer is not enabled
2) The Remote Computer is Turned Off
3) The Remote Computer is not available on the network"

I tried turning off Anti-Vir but I still can't connect. Any ideas?

A:Remote Access works using the network IP but not the regular IP

I've also forwarded port 3389 on my Linkysys WRT54GSV4 router. Solved the issue. I'm just worried now because the laptop will move to a different network with my little cousins who won't know how to change the router's port settings for their router. Is there an easier way for me to get around this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/remote-access-works-using-the-network-ip-but-not-the-regular-ip-590018.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I have a HP laseJet and a HP Laserjet M Printer only & LJ4300 Network LJ5M works sometimes printers connected to our corporative network and their computers sometimes print their works normally and sometimes user have to make their print request twice In this last case sometimes they isn't any network or OS response until the second request and then print oK and sometimes has an error message Error in lt printer path printer name gt en lt XXXX gt Cannot print They are several causes for this error - Not enough memory - If you are printing in a network It's possible because a bad connection or bad print driver - Network computer cable damaged or network printer cable damaged This error message appears also the first one who I make a print order The second one works normally This error appears in several applications The first case LJ4300 & LJ5M Printer Network works only sometimes is not possible I try to reinstall printer driver in some computers without success network cables are OK and network connection normally remains during the printing proccess Most of user computers woks with Windows and both printers are connected at the same server who works over Debian Linux Could you LJ4300 & LJ5M Printer Network works only sometimes help me please I hope an answer as soon as possible Very thanks in advance Best wishes

A:LJ4300 & LJ5M Printer Network works only sometimes

...I try to solved this Problem going to the Printer Advanced Properties and by activating a radio button about Printing Directly in The Printer and without using windows print queues (At respect of Permission Error Messages Occur When Printing with the Guest Account in the Method 4 related to the Event ID 45). This prove was succesful in both printers and it works perfect with HPLJ5M but in this case HPLJ4300 cannot scale printing with Word (cannot print in a 90% for example). What could you do to activate this features or to solve printing problems by another way.(the another 3 methods of the msn above page support are useful only if the server is W2k3 also; and our Server works with Debian 3.0). I was found some additional information about printing errors in the Windows Box; that is:

Error 1) Event ID 6161. I can't print the document.. and CODE WIN32 who returns Print Server can change (sometimes is 259, sometimes 1801 or 0). at respect of errors 0 and 259; I can find in microsoft support page URL:

Improved reporting of Event ID 61 event messages to identify a print queue or a print device

Event ID 6161

This problem occurs because the error that the underlying component reported was overwritten. Therefore, only the last error was reported. For example, the following Win32 error codes may have been reported:

ERROR_SUCCESS (0)

This error code means that the operation completed successfully. You receive this error code when an underlying component such as graphics device interface (GDI) returns a failure but does not set the last error.

ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS (259)

This error code means that no more data is available. You may receive this error code if a program or a printer driver component sends an incomplete spool file to the print spooler on the print server. Therefore, the file does not print. Frequently, you can resolve this problem by installing the driver from the operating system CD.

at respect of error 1801 in URL: Terminal Server Error Messages: 1800 to 1999

Terminal Server Error Messages: 1800 to 1999
Error 1801 The printer name is invalid.

at respect also of Event ID 61XX on explains in
When you print to a file in Windows Server 2003, you receive Event ID 61

Cause: This problem occurs when you do not specify the full path of the file you are printing to. If a file is specified as filename.prn, the file will be created in the %Systemroot%\System32 folder. Various users will have different rights to this folder. If you print to a file that is located in this folder, you may receive an "ACCESS_DENIED" error message. In this
case, if you continue to write jobs to this same file, the spooler continues to try to print the job. This scenario can exhaust page-pooled memory and cause your computer to stop responding.
Error 2) Document can't print for the error process GDI/Driver (Event ID 45)

errors 1 and 2 come together in this order for each printing wrong request nearly ever in computers with w2k3 (ipv6 with SP2). I setup print drivers in a PC client without succes. What happen? Any Idea to explain the situation and find any solution to my print problems? Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/127202-lj4300-lj5m-printer-network-works-only-sometimes.html
Relevancy 41.71%

iPhones iPad and laptop can all connect through the wireless router but our desktop PC cannot When diagnosing the problem I get the message quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding quot In addition to other similar threads I've read our PC cannot find the local printer it is connected to either I have - recycled the cable modem Comcast - reconfigured the wireless router and restarted - disabled IPv - ensured IPv is set to obtain IP address cannot network works connect to internet but Wireless LAN automatically have also tried specifying DNS address to be the same as the router - tried the flushdns release renew sequence from a command prompt - made sure the DNS in ipconfig is the same as the router IP and - uninstalled McAfee - turned off Windows firewall - restarted in safe mode and Wireless network works but LAN cannot connect to internet run Malwarebytes and SpyBot - turned off all sharing in the advanced sharing settings - removed programs like Apple's Bonjour that I had read could mess up network settings - tried to find drivers to reinstall for the NIC card for the LAN Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet but ours appears to be old enough that Broadcom no longer lists the correct driver as an option in their directory None of this has worked In the last few weeks doing a system restore from a previous point worked to fix the problem but when Windows would download updates year old user that forgot to choose not to download updates upon exiting the problems would start up again Now there is no restore point far enough back to have this solution work This makes me think it's a Windows security update issue Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Wireless network works but LAN cannot connect to internet

The McAfee problem is old news around here. It needs to be removed as per the link below if you want the problem to be fixed.

I might as well post the link again for the millionth time.
http://us.mcafee.com/root/fix.html?eolexm=vste

If you are still having problems please post the ipconfig/all from this machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267183-wireless-network-works-but-lan-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, My PC randomly connects and disconnects to the internet. The home network is always connected.

I did the following so far.

Reboot router
Ipconfig /all (see attached text)
ipconfig /release and renew
verified TCP/IPv4 set to automatic
I set address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I disabled Firewall to no avail

I have COX cable, Win7 Sp1, wireless, Router is Ubee Model #DVW326, Norton 360, Wireless adapter is Netgear model# WNDA4100

Relevancy 41.71%

I got up this morning, and my computer is telling me it is acquiring network address. Annoying, but I unplugged the wire from the modem the night before so I could unplug the wireless router from the configuration. I repaired the internet connection, successful, but it doesn't go away. But what is really odd is internet is working fine.

Question being, what might be going on, what might I do to fix it, or is this something new I just get to live with?

Only computer on the network, if that matters.

Windows XP SP3
Actiontec M1000 modem
Built in Network card

I did do some tweaking of the system a la http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm , but I have no idea what thing I might have turned off might be responsible for this. This seems like the most likely cause, though could be unrelated.

Relevancy 41.71%

I have a desktop with XP media center SP laptop XP home with SP Both are running COMODO internet security RCA cable modem DCM D-link router DIR- wireless network works but no internet on desktop If I plug directly into the cable modem the internet works on desktop I have tried repair connection I have tried using a usb ethernet adapter and have also tried a usb wireless adapter on my desktop with no success I searced a few posts on here and tried the tcp ip stack repair and then I gathered the flowwing information log for dektop Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for desktop works, wireless for but no internet network Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find wireless network works, but no internet for desktop host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt nbystat -n nbystat is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt nbtstat-n nbtstat-n is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- e f e d Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No wireless network works, but no internet for desktop Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -F -D -D -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator gt log for laptop Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings wireless network works, but no internet for desktop Shawnna gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Shawnna gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Shawnna gt nbtstat-n nbtstat-n is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Documents and Settings Shawnna gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- TOSHIBA-USER lt gt UNIQUE Registered TOSHIBA-USER lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings Shawnna gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name toshiba-user Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - F- - -CE Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description g Wireless PC Card PCI Adapter Physical Address - -E - C- -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February P M Lease Expires Tuesday February PM C Documents and Settings Shawnna gt Thanks for helping me nbsp

A:wireless network works, but no internet for desktop

Most likely cause is having ICS enabled. Disable it from any and all connections, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't fix the problem then it's probably your firewall not liking the 192.168.0.x subnet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-works-but-no-internet-for-desktop.803583/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone I keep getting a network error I'm not sure if it has to do with Kaspersky application launch I keep receiving a pop that asks it send a failure report I will take a screenshot when I can next I can never send the failure report I can't use any of my browsers when I get the can't skype use network any works?? error, browsers but network error but I can skype But when I am skyping it's a computer within my house I haven't tried skyping outside of my house as a test yet Is there a thread somewhere with a list of things I could do to speed up my computer and programs I could if it could be a virus or spyware I tried to search and look around for about mins now edit I think I found it Another edit awhile back I got an email from comcast I tried to fix it and it seems like I did because network error, can't use any browsers but skype works?? I haven't gotten an email from them again Constant Guard from XFINITY identified one or more of your computers may be infected with a bot A bot is a malicious form of software that is used to send spam host a phishing site or steal your identity by monitoring your keystrokes without your knowledge network error, can't use any browsers but skype works?? It may be possible you are unaware that your computer is infected with a bot The email tells me to go to this link https constantguard comcast net CMP EMC-Email amp utm source Notification amp utm medium Email amp utm campaign Email Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time

A:network error, can't use any browsers but skype works??

Is that email from almost a year ago...? Concerning the DNS Changer malware..?
If it is and you didn't completely remove the malware, then I suggest you follow the instructions 
here: Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493226/network-error-cant-use-any-browsers-but-skype-works/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've got a really simple peer to peer network that I'm completely stumped by making me Network after then works, 0x80070035 minutes error 15 even more simple Anyway I've Network works, then error 0x80070035 after 15 minutes got a Vista x desktop box with a wired connection Network works, then error 0x80070035 after 15 minutes to a router and a Vista x notebook with a wireless connection to the router When I boot the machines at the same time they can both find each other and share files flawlessly That's when I get my hopes up After about minutes though the connection is lost Both machines remain connected to the Internet and nowhere can I see any kid of status change on either machine The desktop machine still appears when I click 'Network' but when I double click it to try to browse files I get Error code x The network path was not found Once the connection is lost here's what I've tried to troubleshoot this - confirmed both machines are in the same workgroup - temporarily disable firewall norton - confirm same subnet mask and default gateway ip - voodoo curse to dispel the evil network demons -confirmed network type is private - disabled tcp ip v - created an identical user account on both machines with identical password - ensured windows firewall is not turned on - performed excorcism didn't help with this but did get rid of one of my son's demons - confirmed that printer and file sharing are turned on in both machines - confirmed public folder sharing is enabled on both machines tried it with passwords required for sharing and without - ensured that there are folders shared on both machines - drank bottles of scotch No effect on network whatsoever but I felt much better abouth the problem At that I point I lost track of what else I may have tried - but if you've got any suggestions I would be forever in your debt Anyone who can fix this can have one of my kids even the demon-free one Thanks in advance

A:Network works, then error 0x80070035 after 15 minutes

Hi slapshottttttt, Welcome to the vista forums,

one thing I didn't see on your list was to check the power options for the NIC's make sure that the option "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is disabled in the NIC properties.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190036-network-works-then-error-0x80070035-after-15-minutes.html