Windows Support Forum

Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

Q: Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

I've got a guy who wants to double password protect his wifi. I know that having strong encryption, and a long password with alpha-numeric and non-alpha-numeric characters would work better for him, but I'm not sure I can convince him of that. Is there a way that I can require two passwords to get into a wireless network?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

I dont think it is possible unless you invest in some expensive hardware such as those at businesses (where you need to login on a login page).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-require-two-passwords-to-access-a-wireless-network.192153/
Relevancy 85.87%

I've got a guy who wants to double password protect his wifi. I know that having strong encryption, and a long password with alpha-numeric and non-alpha-numeric characters would work better for him, but I'm not sure I can convince him of that. Is there a way that I can require two passwords to get into a wireless network?

A:Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

Only if the wireless access point supports two-factor passwords (i.e. two passwords). This can probably be found in enterprise-grade Cisco wireless access points, but for all other commercial/consumer-grade wireless access points, they won't support two-factor passwords.

If he's really concerned about security, he can couple MAC address filtering (which only allows devices with MAC addresses on the allowed list to connect) with standard password authentication. This way the user can only connect to the wireless if they know the password and use an allowed device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-require-two-passwords-to-access-a-wireless-network.1097966/
Relevancy 71.38%

Right I had a wireless router worked ok but dropped signal once a month which seems to low a signal. log require any in Very that Can't wireless sites access be the norm with routers I buy The other day the router just stopped working after searching forums seems that was normal for that type of router which just sums my luck up so I spent a bit of time looking into routers and prices to Very low wireless signal. Can't access any sites that require a log in find Very low wireless signal. Can't access any sites that require a log in a good one I found a router and waited for the sales and got it cheap now I have set it up looks like a good router just it gives me real low speed and connection right next to the router the speed is - bar max on the router it has a speed meter which shows me the speed which the router gives out and that only ever goes up to bar max then drops straight back to I can pick my wireless signal up three houses down the road and it is still - bar which makes me think I haven t got it in the wrong position or anything seems to be working fine just its receiving a very bad signal but I don t know where to start my knowledge of these things are very minimal the router is a belkin N F D V UK Another problem I am having on the laptop is I cannot access any sites that require a log in facebook hotmail Halifax etc I also can t access the online technical support which these devices offer so am pretty stuck Any help would be a big plus and I thank you in advance Also if you require any more information just ask and I ll reply as quick as possible Thanks nbsp

A:Very low wireless signal. Can't access any sites that require a log in

Hi

Belkin run a 24hr support line, i would start there first, from the sound of it your router isnt working right,

The good side of Belkin is there equipment has a lifetime warranty.

heres the phone number

0845 607 7787

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-low-wireless-signal-cant-access-any-sites-that-require-a-log-in.137967/
Relevancy 65.36%

If you have a wireless network configured with a security password/passphrase, how often do you change that password/passphrase? Have you ever changed it after initially configuring it?

I changed mine this morning for the first time in 5+ years.

Peace..

A:Question about wireless network security passwords: how often do you change yours?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-wireless-network-security-passwords-how-often-do-you-change-yours.855418/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi guys so I have this weird problem that is driving me nuts since some weeks here's the thing at work we have a corporate set up with Win Professional everything is setup on a quot domain quot we all have Dell computers and we can connect either via cable or via wireless pretty standard these days anyway if I connect via cable and login everything works perfectly access Cannot over Network on Network Corporate Drives Wireless Shared I can see the local network shares and no problems at all Problems start to arise on wireless Here's the crazy scenario - if I start PC on cable with wifi turned off via hardware switch then say I undock the PC for going to a meeting room AND I turn on the wifi everything works fine I can see the network drives all good it crunches for a few moments when I load explorer the Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless first time and then he quot finds quot the network drives - if I decide to go back to my station turn off wifi re-dock the PC back to cable everything works fine BUT - if say I am on cable undock the pc put on the wifi and THEN I restart the PC when the computer boots win it takes some time at boot then I cannot access the network drives anymore they have the red X and it says quot connection cannot be restored quot or something like that internet browsing always works fine and I DONT do any login on wireless I think because it's on a quot domain quot setup that is tested times in a row basically if I don't give him the cable at boot I cannot see the network drives and also when it cannot detect correctly the network drives if I restart the laptop it literally gets stuck and I have to force a reset on cable it restarts in like seconds I also noticed that when I am on cable if I go to quot network quot then I see some of my colleague's computers there BUT if I am on wifi when I cannot access the network drives then I see just myself this would make sense in a way things I already tried that didn't change a thing - enable files and printer sharing check - check client for Microsoft networks - TCP IP gt advanced gt NetBIOS quot enable NetBIOS over TCP IP quot from default that was before - flush DNS - restart winsocks with the net something command sorry cant remember the syntax nothing seems to make a difference to complicate things some of my colleagues with older dell computers don't have any issue at all in fact they are always on wifi for me it's a personal choice I like to be on cable when at the desk faster connection overall and when I go to meeting rooms I use the wireless obviously but it's very annoying that I have to remember quot not to restart quot if I am in meeting room otherwise I cannot see the network drives where we have work stuff sorry for the rant help highly appreciated thanks Gabrio

A:Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless

What is the make/model of Wireless Access Point(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308581-cannot-access-network-shared-drives-over-corporate-network-wireless.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My neighbor came over two days ago after complaining that she could not stole neighbor My to network access network! my key wireless my access the unsecured network in the neighborhood I felt bad for her so I told her she could use my computer to access her school website I noticed that she had written something on her hand not paying attention I let it go She immediately quot had to go put the baby down for a nap quot and about seconds after she was gone my Wii started going in and out of connection and my Dell pc started running really slow So now I am convinced she stole my wireless network key off of the side of my wire gateway modem My network quot was quot secure until she got the network key The above is obviously not important My question is how can I block her computer completely from my network My neighbor stole my wireless network key to access my network! without disabling my wireless access I have gained access to my system summary via gateway wire net I named all of my computer devices including my ipad ipod iphone android phone and pc so her s is the only one I do not recognize When viewing it does not give me the option to click on the unknown pc it only allows me to view the computer devices that have connected to my newtork I have reset my modem and changed what I think is the router password but I want to make sure that her computer has zero access to my network I am a complete novice I do not know much about computers so please bare with me Any information will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

i have read about network traps to lead you into logging into a network thinking you can surf the net for free cuz your neighbors network is open or unprotected... but its actually setup that way so that you will leave your computer vulnerable to attack or theft, im just wondering is there anyway to avoid being susceptible when on a network you are unfimiliar with?

Also lets say for instance my friend comes over with his laptop, access my wifi connection & starts going online on his computer while im on my computer, can i kick him from the network? can i surf his files and see what he has?

Relevancy 54.18%

i upgraded my drivers and bios recently and i can't access any wireless network. iobit driver manager tells me that all my drivers are updated. when i press the wireless buttom flight mode turn on and off instead of changing the light color from red to white to activate the wireless. can't even turn on wireles at setting. hp 2000 369wm

A:can't access any wireless network

See what Device Manager says about your network adapters--whether or not problems exist.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/14964-cant-access-any-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am using an see network net, wireless can't Have access but to SMC Wireless Adaptor to connect one of our comps to the home wireless network What is odd is that although I can connect to the Internet without any probs I Have access to net, but can't see wireless network cannot actually view any list of available wireless networks no I m not connected by a solid line The adaptor comes with no other software that might be overriding windows and everything works perfectly - except it isn t present on the list Now with our new router I d like to set up some security features but when I do I lose the connection to the Internet on the comp with the wireless connection and with no way to enter in the KEY which I would have done if I could SEE the wireless network I can t use the net and have security features enabled And of course without the security enabled every Joe-Shmo in town has been using my wireless broabcast on my Nickel Why can t my comp SEE the available wireless networks nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

What do you think If someone connects to the internet through a wireless network does that access network wireless person access the router The question if the unauthorized access to the internet service is a criminal offence is a controversial subject in the world But almost all the world cybercrime legislation relate to the fact that unauthorized access of a computer or computer system is a criminal act So the wireless network access following question arise is a router a computer system In the convention on cybercrime http conventions coe int Treaty EN Treaties html htm the computer system is defined as quot any device or a group of interconnected or related devices one or more of which pursuant to a program performs automatic processing of data quot So we could say that a router is a device And we could say that he has a program a Firmware right But does he automatic process date Furthermore if the router is a computer system because of this criteria is a VCR ori a TV a computer system to I guess not but then what is the solution could we say that the user is accessing the router when he access the wireless network Because it s clear that the wireless network is not a computer system just in a few legal system it is illegal to access a computer network so the question is if the computer system the router is being accessed by the user when he interracts with the network nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have my private wireless router setup so that when I select it the password is provided automatically.

How do I force the system to ask for the password each time I connect?

Jeff

A:How To Require Wireless Router To Ask For Password

In the wireless properties for the connection is a box you can uncheck.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39418-how-require-wireless-router-ask-password.html
Relevancy 53.75%

is it possible for read-only access users to change their password when getting into an access database file? or do they have to go through admin?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have two computers here with xp pro. If you go to my network places and click on the other computer to browse said computer's shared files, one of these requires you to enter login info and one just lets you in. How can I set the open one to require login? I looked through group policy and local security policy and couldn't find it.

A:Require Login For Network

This is normally because 1 has not got the share permission for the other to connect without password. Check the share permissions and rights for the machines share that is asking for the password and add the user / computer name into the allowed permissions. This does all depend on if this is a member of a domain or workgroup.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101390/require-login-for-network/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a program administrator require Programs that access game that I wish to allow Programs that require administrator access a child to run but it requires administrator access to run the program I don't particularly want to be required to walk over and type in the password every time the child wants to run the game but I also don't want to give the child blanket administrator access to the computer through their account or giving them the administrator password With Windows you could use shims to solve this problem and I did under Windows is there a similar method to solve this problem with Windows I'm not an expert in shims I knew just enough to get things going in Windows but it seems like the shims interface I have installed in Windows was really meant for Windows and doesn't seem to work properly I could give an example if needed but it's quite possible I'm barking up the wrong tree using Programs that require administrator access shims in Windows maybe there is a more elegant solution I've been searching and I only find information about Windows solutions to this problem Nothing specific to Windows Help would be greatly appreciated be it a general solution or just a point in the right direction

A:Programs that require administrator access

I am beyond this with my boys, but I solved it under WinXP by providing a specific login for that game that had administrative access but was so stripped down the boys didn't know it, plus the wallpaper said "for that game only" and that was the only icon available. I probably "broke" other things as well.

Not the best solution, but a compromise.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/32773-programs-require-administrator-access.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
I am fairly new to database and I don't know much about VBA coding.
I am creating a database and I have created a form for end-users to submit create a new record. but I want all the fields except one to be required.
I tried to make them required in the table but it gives me error when I enter data through the form. Can anyone please help me with this.

I have the following fields to be required

First name
Last name
Date of birth
Department
Employee level
employee status
Employee ID
GID
Hire date
Phone number
Model ID

Thank you in advance

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a dsl line connected to a wire hg-d router that was provided by my dsl provider It has a desktop PC running windows connected via ethernet cable The desktop PC connects to the internet with no problems I can also connect my laptops wirelessly to the same router and they also connect to the internet with no problem When connnecting wirelessly the laptop must first recognize my local wireless network in this case juhlin and I must log on and use a password My question involves the desktop computer with its ethernet connection vs ethernet - network wireless access Why does network access - ethernet vs wireless the desktop not recognize the juhlin quot network quot I never had to detect or log on to the juhlinn network in order to access the internet As long as the router is on it just connects directly I would like to allow file sharing between the laptop and the desktop computers and have so far been unable to create a local workgroup I assumed that the juhlin network would be common to both I tried setting up a local network called quot home quot on my laptop which runs windowsXP and it looks like everything is in order But so far I have not been able to connect the desktop running Windows Perhaps I m wrong but I think my confusion is linked to the fact that I m missing something regarding the juhlin network nbsp

A:network access - ethernet vs wireless

You're confusing a number of things here. Briefly, wireless operates under the concept of having SSIDs as the frequency is wide open for anyone to use. As such, you need a way to identify your particular network in the zoo of other wireless networks. Whether you provide restrictions on who can access your wireless network depends on you. These restrictions typically take the form of enabling encryption.

Wired networks on the other hand don't have to worry about who is running a wired ethernet network next to them. You can lay down two ethernet cables both on different networks right next to each other and have no ill effects. Most of the security of wired networks is based on the concept of physical access. If I'm locked out of your house, there's no way I can tap into your network without breaking in to your house and physically plugging in to your network. This doesn't mean wired networks don't have ways to authenticate who is plugging into the network. Things like X-Auth, Cisco's NAC (network admission control), and MAC address filtering on each port. This is why there's no need to specify a "network" name. Remember the network name you specified in your wireless settings is the SSID. Wireless networks eventually do end up connecting into a wired network. When you use both wireless and wired connections on a wireless router, the wired and wireless devices are all on the same local network.

When you specify a workgroup/network name at the OS level, again, this is also different than the network name you specfied in your wireless configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-access-ethernet-vs-wireless.781871/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there i ve just updated my pc and laptop to windows vista pc to vista business to network Only wireless Access Local and laptop to vista home premium and other than a sound driver issue on my pc was having no problems this was at home where i had my pc conncted to my Local Access Only to wireless network router by a network cable and was using my laptop wirelessly both happilly acessing the internet since then i have come back to university which is where the problem starts in my university house we have no wired network so i have to connect to the router wirelessly with my pc as well as my laptop my laptop has had no problem with this and i m connected to the internet wirelessly on my laptop right now my pc however which is currently in the same location as my laptop is having trouble accessing the network on my pc i Local Access Only to wireless network can open the connect to a wireless network screen and see the network i want to connect to the signal strength is currently shown as bars i select my network and press connect Local Access Only to wireless network i am told that connecting to the network is taking longer than usual and then that the connection is unsucessful when i open the network and sharing centre it says i am connected to an unidentified network public network and that access is local only connection wireless network connection my network name and that signal strength is very good fyi it is a wep security enabled network we previously had mac address filtering turned on i ve now turned it off while i m trying to fix my pc s connection i have no success getting onto the internet there is a red cross on the line representing the link between my unidentified network and the internet i also cannot ping local addresses or access the router log in page i have tried disabling ipv and also specifying custom settings in ipv using similar settings to those on my laptop that i can see by running ipconfig all on the command line i have spent a lot of time trying to find the latest drivers for the wireless adapter which is on my motherboard ASUS b g Wireless LAN Card in the properties it says the manufacturer is marvell and reports no errors and seems to think it is happy with the drivers it has basically this is very frustrating next thing i intend to try is moving my computer closer to the router and plugging it in with an ethernet cable and running a driver detection wizard to see if it can find any updates for the wireless i would greatly appreciate any help on this to allow me to get online wirelessly wth my pc just like i am with my laptop thanks for looking Matt nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Ive been trying for a long time to access a secured network on my laptop. I entered the correct network key, but when I hit 'connect' it just tries to connect for a while and then times out. I have tried using Network Connections Troubleshooting and 'network setup' to no avail! My laptop is the only one in the house that isn't able to access this network. I really don't understand why! Can someone help please?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I have a Cisco Wireless-G access point with POE (WAP54GP), and I was wondering if it would be possible to use this to connect to a wireless network from my pc.

It has an ethernet port that can either plug into my computer, or into another router to access through wireless connection.

I can achieve a solid connection with the device by connecting it to my computer with the ethernet cable obviously, but is it actually possible for me to configure this device so that I can scan for wireless devices and connect to them from my computer?

Basically I'd be using this wireless-G device to do what a wireless network card would do.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell Studio computer running Windows 7 that has an HP printer plugged into a USB plug. When I try to add a new printer on both of my other computers running Windows XP, the printer on the Windows 7 machine is not found. When I try to manually add the computer and describe the local port to which the printer is attached, I receive the following error message: "Local Port Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password". I have confirmed that the printer is available to share and that I am using the proper printer descriptor in defining the local port. I also see all of my computers on the network when I view my workgroup computers and am using the same user name and password on all three computers. Any ideas for how I can access the Windows 7 printer?

A:Can't access printer through wireless network

Have you actually shared the printer on the Win7 machine? I have a Win7 machine here with a USB printer, and I have no problem sharing it.

Can you share files on the Win7 machine with the other computers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-printer-through-wireless-network.899878/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all This is my first post and I am not the most technical person in the world so please bear with me I have searched this forum for the problem I am having but I cant seem to see the exact issue Two weeks ago I bought a DELL Inspiron - T and I had no problems with it It connected to my Wireless Internet and my parents' one without a hitch However at the weekend one minute it was connected to the wireless and the next minute it lost the signal I tried to re-connect it but no luck It sees the network says that it is connected to it with full strength however in the 'Currently connected to ' section at the top of the pop-up it says 'Unidentified Network No Internet Access' And when I try to go Wireless conected, access is network no but onto the internet it says 'Server not found' I have tried the diagnostic test and it gives the error that 'The Default Gateway is not available' I have tried turning off the modem and router and unplugging everything but it still isnt working Interestingly my old laptop Wireless is conected, but no network access XP about yrs old IS working Also I have tried to link to my parents wireless and a friend's and neither are working on the new PC Here are some of the specs of the new laptop that isnt working if you need anymore info let me know Please can someone help Thanks Sarah DELL Inspiron - T OS Genuine Windows Home Premium bit Wireless European Dell Wireless b g WLAN Mini Card Driver Broadcom dated

A:Wireless is conected, but no network access

That's a pretty common problem, just delete the wireless profile by going to network and sharing center and clicking on manage wireless networks. If you're using the Dell WLAN utility to manage your wireless connections, uninstall it and use windows to manage your wireless instead.. as it's nothing more than an unnecessary layer over a native windows function anyway. Once that's done you should be able to reconnect.. and hopefully microsoft will be forthcoming with a permanent fix to wireless connection problems that only happen when windows 7 is installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/106348-wireless-conected-but-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Solved: Wireless Network Access A with Windows Vista Home Premium The laptop has been running on my wireless network for several years with no issues For some reason I can no longer access the wireless network Internet but can through the LAN cable I have other other computers Dell desktop and iPad that are running on the wireless network so it just seems to be the Toshiba laptop that is having the problem I have not done anything new to the network router or the Toshiba and am not sure why the Toshiba all of a sudden Solved: Wireless Network Access no longer does not have wireless access The devise manager says the adapter is functioning properly I have looked at other resolved issues on your site that have had this issue but have not been able to resolve my issue As requested with other similar issues here is the ipconfig for the Toshiba Thanks for any help you can provide Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users SoEye gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SoEye-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E- A- -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac f b fb d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- -FD- D- - B- - -AE- F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix san rr com Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - B- - -AE- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap san rr com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DFF F - - BF -A - FC F D br D F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Network Access

I have looked at other resolved issues on your site that have had this issue but have not been able to resolve my issue.Click to expand...

You mean the other threads involving that adapter, right? Even w/o encryption and trying all the driver options you cannot connect?

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for over a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-access.1049617/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my wireless. It comes up now (for no apparent reason) that the network has Limited Access. Any suggestions please on what to do?

A:Limited Access to wireless network

Your router is probably not receiving data from the phone line. Should just be a blip I'm assuming is well resolved now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169726-limited-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
I have a problem, I cant access internet, when i try to connect, i got a message that i have a limited access. Also, i can access internet easily using my mobile, and i have another laptob which access internet without problems. The problem just in my laptob. I tried to reset the router and change the password but no result.
I need help please.

In addition, i cant change location type from public to private!!

A:limited access wireless network

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If you can't find your WAP make sure that your SSID (wireless network) is broadcasting from the router. You may always manually add your SSID and make sure that you have the correct encryption key. Disable any Firewall or Security Software for now and see if you're able to connect.

Are you able to connect using a wired connection?
=========================

If the above suggestion didn't help at all, please post an ipconfig /all of the computer in question for review.
Click on Start, in Search program and files box type cmd right click on the top and select Run as Administrator. From the black screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen or Command prompt then choose Select All and Paste the results onto your next Post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292002-limited-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Everybody,
If i want PC Clients access my network place through Wireless,
Which Device can we do that?
Best regards,

A:Access network throught Wireless

You would need a Router/Gateway that allows for Guest access. It keeps them off of your side. You can also throttle their side to keep them from hogging the bandwidth.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70788-access-network-throught-wireless.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone network through access wireless No internet I ve read many many threads on not being able to connect to the internet through a wireless network and I have the same error messages but can t fix it I m about to jump out a window on this one But it s probably No internet access through wireless network a simple fix I m somewhat of a beginner on the quot brains quot of computers - hopefully someone can give me the easy answer to this one Just installed a Belkin wireless router Have a Dell Inspiron Vista connected quot hard wired quot to the router downstairs cable modem plugged into router Then upstairs I have an HP Pavilion No internet access through wireless network a c XP Home with wireless USB adapter plugged in After a few teething problems they are both working perfectly I now have my Gateway MT Vista hooked in too and it s working good Here s my problem I have an quot old quot Pavilion c XP Home which hasn t been used for a log time I ve got it all set up again amp seems to be working ok although somewhat slowly Installed the Belkin wireless USB adapter disc everything loaded ok The icon in the toolbar shows that I m connected excellent signal strength however I occasionally the the well-known quot can t find certificate quot error message and can not connect to the internet at all the normal page cannot be displayed quot message Have tried many things including resetting modem unplugging router network connections tabs device manager etc etc - nothing is working So after that long-winded speech can someone get me fixed up Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
My PC has crashed yesterday and since then i can't connect to any wireless netwrok.
i am sure it's my pc and not the network itself because i can connect from my phone.
when i open the troubleshoot manager it says:
"the dependency service or group failed to start"
i've googled it but i couldn't find a solution;
sfc /scannow - returns ok (as they said to do in the forum)
the wireless card detects the networks but when i try to connect i get Limited access and i'm not really connected to my router so its not really connected, so i think it's a software issue, maybe a driver fault, but the driver seems to be working well according to the drivers manager

any suggestions? thanks!

A:Limited access on wireless network

Goto command prompt and type

Code:

ipconfig>info.txt
route print>>info.txt
post file info.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243777-limited-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a cable modem connected to a router with built-in 802.11 wireless network. Network is g, I think.

House has there levels and the router is on the top floor. House is also wired for 10/100 network. All outlets return to the router. All the components are same manufacturer. The main router is the DHCP server.

I set-up a wireless AP on the 1st floor and one in the basement. The RJ45 jack on each floor connects to a small 10/100 switch. The AP and other items like a PC or PS3 are connected to the switches. Including the main router that makes 3 access points. All have the same SSID, security type and key. Each floor of the house is about 1300 sq ft.

My question: Will having that many access points in a small area cause problems? Just want a strong signal throughout the house and a fast network.

Your thoughts. Thx.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I m currently running one PC with XP and one sometimes two XP laptops connecting to the internet via an Actiontec R -SU Wireless ADSL Gateway The PC connects via a cable and the internet is working fine on that one The laptops connect via wireless and recently I ve been unable to connect using either of them First problem was quot limited or no connectivity quot -- seems that the router was not assigning an IP address to the laptops So I experimented with one of the laptops and gave it a fixed IP Result XP tells me I have a good wireless connection BUT when I ping the router I get no reply and there s still no internet access The network diagnostic log says that the gateway address cannot be resolved via ARP The curious thing is that access wireless No network internet via I think I No internet access via wireless network fixed this once without really knowing how just fiddled with various router settings and it started working again but now it s broken again My sister thinks this has something to do with her No internet access via wireless network trying to download music from iTunes as this has precipitated the problem twice now -- could there be anything to that I don t see how it could be relevant but if anyone out there knows something I don t please let me know Any advice gratefully received so long as you don t just tell me to try turning the router off an on again Thanks nbsp

A:No internet access via wireless network

Was the "fixed" address in the same subnet range as the pc?

No cables have been moved like the wan cable getting plugged into a switch port?

Can you get into the router to check the wireless dhcp scope?

Is this router yours or supplied by the ISP?

Using wireless encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-via-wireless-network.699970/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all!

I have just set up a wireless network, and i am sharing my aol broadband connection with my laptop.

However, i am experiencing some very slow download speeds on p2p progrmas, compared to those of the pc.

any ideas on how to speed it up?

I have tried somehting called port forwarding for gnutella, but i am not sur ehow well this has worked.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21484/cant-access-sites-on-wireless-network/
Relevancy 53.75%

Have configured wireless network as hub (dhcp disabled static IP) since I have a wired network and this wireless connection is task specific.

Network config: router with wired computers attached. Wireless hub ( previously router) connected by cable to wired router.

Using a W2K laptop through the wireless network with a static IP. IPCONFIG shows I am allocated my static IP

If I use wireless I can see my home network and access other computer shared files but cannot connect to Internet. IPCONFIG gives me my static IP address.

If I cable directly to wireless hub (previously router) I can connect to the Internet and also see shared files on computers in my network. IPCONFIG shows a DHCP assigned LAN IP address not the static one assigned to the wireless USB transmitter.

I need help with why I cannot access the Internet.

Looking forward to all your suggestions.

A:unable to access through wireless network

I don't understand "configured wireless network as hub" and "Wireless hub ( previously router)."

But, even though I don't understand your network, I'd guess that your problem of not being able to access the internet via your wireless connection is because when you assigned a static IP configuration you forgot, or assigned incorrect, Gateway or DNS server(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-through-wireless-network.439479/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Everyone I have an urge to block all other wireless stations other than one Network Wireless Access Restriction specific The reason is Wireless Network Access Restriction that I want my Laptop to be allowed Wireless Network Access Restriction surfing the internet only at my working place since I try to live without the web at home i e no facebook no games etc As I have seen to allow only for a certain WLAN router one can enter quot netsh wlan add filter permission allow deny ssid specific all quot under system administrator command Wireless Network Access Restriction prompt PREFERABLY I would like to stay Administrator without the right to change quot netsh wlan add filter quot If this is not possible please let me know how to protect System with a password I have tried and googled but there were several issues I do not see Command Prompt Options when I go for Search CMD - gt Right Click the CMD console - gt Properties Under User Account settings Search User - gt User Account I can switch between quot Standard quot and quot Administrator quot however when I do this I still can open the administrator command prompt And moreover I am confused that theres two kinds of Administrators in Windows so I not even know which of these it is Search the System Folder - gt Right Click - gt The problem here is there are so many settings I do not know what to do without destroying my computer I am really getting frustrated Please help with any ideas to block WLAN with a password protection system command prompt or as a worst option give me just normal user right without deleting the files on my administrator account Thanks a lot Best JackyJohnny

A:Wireless Network Access Restriction

Only way would be to leave the laptop at work and get rid of your Internet connection at home. Otherwise, there is no way in this day and age, to do it if you know how to access the administrator interface of the gateway or there is an open gateway hotspot around you.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55688-wireless-network-access-restriction.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm usin HP 630 laptop with Win 7 Home Basic OS, and I have trouble connecting to a wireless network, in fact I can connect to a network but I dont have internet access, I'm using TP-LINK (TD-W8901GB (Annex B)) router.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:No Internet Access on wireless network

Hi Max123,

You may refresh your wireless profiles stored by deleting all of them, then try again to reconnect to your own SSID make sure to type in the correct network encryption.
An option is to manually add SSID:
How to Connect to Hidden Wireless Networks | 7 Tutorials

Test your connection after. If that didn't help at all please provide an ipconfig /all output.
Click on the Start Menu search box area type cmd, right click on cmd see at the top, and click on Run as Administrator. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt . Please attach the .txt file to be found in your Local Disk 'C' on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202592-no-internet-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Everyone!

Am having some problems with my new computer with internet access. It is becoming very painful!!!

I am using win 7 64 bit pro (desktop).
Tenda W322P Wireless N PCI Adapter - just using windows driver for it.

Connecting wirelessly to netgear router/modem.

Can access the same modem wirelessly with laptop.

My knowledge of networking is limited but I am po[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ken/Desktop/Capture.jpg[/IMG]sting the ipconfig /all

The problem I have is internittant access - sometimes can connect - sometimes can't. Tried ipconfig /flushdns(/renew) and ipconfig /release (/renew) with some success last night but not today.

any thoughts?

A:limited access - wireless network

Add your default gateway under IPV4 properties and see if that helps...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127923-limited-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I've been battling this problem for a few months now. On my lenovo x100e laptop with windows 7 I can connect to my wifi network and sometimes go to a website before it says "no internet access" while still being connected to the network. Any other laptop or phone connects and has internet just fine except for mine. Just one day out of the blue this started and I cannot find what's wrong and this is only with my laptop. The strange thing is that my laptop connects just fine with other wifi networks and has internet. What I have tried is re installing my wireless router countless times and also I re formated my laptop and re-installed windows twice. Problem is still re accuring. What could this possibly be?!

A:No internet access on wireless network

My first thought would be DNS name resolution. When the problem occurs, open a browser and type 64.233.169.99 into the address bar and hit enter. If google comes up, then you can be pretty sure that your problem is linked to DNS.
If that is what's happening then perhaps you could hard code a couple public dns server addresses into the properties of IPv4 for your wireless card. Try 8.8.8.8 preferred and 8.8.4.4 alternate and see if that helps.
Also open task manager and under the processes tab, look for something called mdnsresponder.exe, if that is running then it may be causing your issue. If present, post back and we'll explain how to either uninstall or disable it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112590-no-internet-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok some background info Acer Aspier - notebook PC all standard except operating system which came with Vista but I loath it Windows XP Professional b g wireless LAN Network Issues Wireless Access I am having problems staying connected to my wireless network I have AT amp T DSL and they can t help me either My Desktop PC also running windows xp pro is connected by Ethernet to the Wire forgot model number i m at work Modem Wireless Router My notebook is not Wireless Network Access Issues staying connected wirelessly It wont stay connected to any wireless network In fact I can t even Wireless Network Access Issues connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot at Barnes amp Noble gives me some message about not recognizing my MAC address but my home network recognizes it fine I found a work around but it s very annoying Right when I boot my computer up it will connect automatically no problem But then about or minutes i lose connection no error message just that tooltip that pops up telling me i have no connection Btw I have full signal strength these problems occur anywhere in the house near router or not To reconnect the only way I ve been able to is by opening the network properties and right clicking on wireless connection the icon in the taskbar and then clicking repair But there s more I have to wait for it to disable and then re-enable my network card and when it says quot connecting quot i have to right click again on quot wireless connection quot the one under the actual network connections properties not the taskbar and go to properties I make NO changes and simply click OK And Surprise I m connected Now sometimes I have to repeat the last step several times to get it connected as sometimes it does nothing and others it shows quot Acquiring network address quot In which chase i have to cancel the messagebox that pops up after clicking repair and then go back to properties and ok I ve tried changing and updating my driver no difference I have tried changing my network settings including changing the SSID and WEP I ve made the SSID Private as well no difference If there is anything else you need to know to help me then i d be happy to add info Thank you for your help this problem has had me stumped since i bought this thing I originally thought it was because of Vista but same problem in XP Then I thought it was the network then the driver now I m thinking it s the hardware Do you think if I try booting in Ubuntu and attempting to connect that way that it may help diagnose the problem I do not have Ubuntu installed yet but I have a Live CD nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hardware Id's for network controllers: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_1838103C&REV_01PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_1838103CPCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&CC_028000PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&CC_0280 Thank you

A:g6-2240sa downgrade to Win 7 require wireless and other driv...

Hi: You need the following drivers... 1. Download and install the amd chipset drivers and reboot. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064 2. DL and install the amd graphics driver and reboot http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-111219-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en... Then use the W7 drivers and software from the g7z-2100 except the graphics and wireless card drivers. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g7-2100-Notebook-PC-series/5262610/model/5275620/dri... Wireless: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5229463&swItemId=ob_108191_1&swEnvOid=405...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/g6-2240sa-downgrade-to-Win-7-require-wireless-and-other/td-p/4901755
Relevancy 53.32%

I am using a HP laptop : HP-15-af024AU with operating SystemWIndows 7 , 32 bit When I tried to install the wireless network adapter of realtek   http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72932.exe I am getting the message network controller missing. I have found out the Hardware ID of the network controllerPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_804C103C. Please let me know the details to download it. Thanks. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Require Network controller for HP-15-af024AU

hi, Could you update the below driver pac and check  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76397.exe //Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question// I am an HP employee!! r-K  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Require-Network-controller-for-HP-15-af024AU/td-p/5787654
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I tried accessing Paypal gmail etc but can t The issue is not with my Internet since most sites are that sites paypal logins and require can't access I fine My computer was infected with the msa exe virus which I have removed but still having issues Below is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan I can't access paypal and sites that require logins saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Curse CurseClient exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x ooVoo ooVoo exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exe C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit Snagit exe C Program Files x WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files x Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files x Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSMSNLoader exe C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit TSCHelp exe C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit SnagPriv exe C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit snagiteditor exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire m R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire m R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire m R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit SnagitBHO dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files x AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files x google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Go... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-access-paypal-and-sites-that-require-logins.910134/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows Home Premium bit Up until days ago I had absolutely no and No on network wireless Internet access w/cable problem using its wifi and or staying connected to the Internet Two days ago however while being on Skype my Internet connection got disconnected unexpectedly With windows Network Diagnostics I sometimes get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot and sometimes quot Local Area Connection Wireless Network Connection doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot OR quot computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist quot No Internet access on wireless network and w/cable Even with the cable I am not able to connect to the internet so I can t update the network adapter or fix the problem online Looking at the Basic network information and set up connections in Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center I see my laptop sometimes connected sometimes however the line between the laptop and the unidentified network has a yellow triangle on it and I can see the internet with a red X on the connection line between that and the unidentified network When checking the Wireless Network Connection Status it s showing that it s connected activity s showing sent and received bytes but says no Internet access to both IPv and IPv connectivity I read lots of blogs and advice and tried many of those fixes that were recommended some of which were the following shorter versions - unplugging and replugging the power cable to the modem - resetting the wireless router -rolling back driver - obtaining IP address and DNS server address automatically for Internet Protocol V and V -changing the quot Preferred DNS server quot to Later repeated it and changed the quot Preferred DNS server quot to - netsh int ip reset CMD - netsh winsock reset CMD -reset TCP IP -disabling IPv - clearing browser history - system restore to an earlier point on my laptop After each change I restarted the laptop None of the above worked Right now under status it s showing IPv connectivity no Internet access PIv connectivity no network access I ve used this network for a while and this is the first time this problem has occurred Be it network driver issue or a patch of some sort i may need to download until i can connect to the internet I can t fix this problem on my own In the meanwhile no other computer or phone with wifi in the house has any problem connecting to the Internet I took it to a computer technician who said I need to reinstall Windows But none of the many blogs here and elsewhere I read even remotely mention that Is that the only solution Before I m messing up the system even more I wanted to ask the Expert What am I not doing right in fixing this issue Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:No Internet access on wireless network and w/cable

Could you try downloading the driver for your network adapter from a different computer, save it on a usb flash drive, uninstall the driver via device manager on the laptop, restart, then install from USB? It sounds to me like the driver got corrupted. If it was a Windows problem, the system restore point should have fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-on-wireless-network-and-w-cable.1011726/
Relevancy 52.89%

Here s my situation I swapped in a different computer into my setup and tried to connect to the not wireless access point found network internet through a cable modem using a ethernet cable that ran from the modem wireless network access point not found to the wireless network access point not found computer I troubleshooted this with the cable company as I wireless network access point not found could not connect to the internet They stated that the modem WAS online but it appeared as though the ethernet connection was not working I tried a different ethernet cable and still had the same problem I also made sure the ethernet cable was securely clicked into the ports on the computer and the modem and still nothing worked At the end of the day we ended up using a USB cable that ran from the modem to the computer and then I got an internet connection and was able to surf the web on the computer Next stop was setting up wireless I already had a wireless router previously set up to the computer I replaced Its a netgear wireless router and the set up instructions state that you must have the following set up for this router which I followed The modem is connected with an ethernet cable to the router and then the router is connected to the computer with an ethernet cable I also reset everything by powering off the modem and router and then powering them on one at a time I then tried testing the wireless with devices With my laptop I could find the network I had set up called quot foo quot So if you can see this does that mean you have a wireless access point I could not however connect using WEP and entering the key I also tried a WII system and again was able to see the quot foo quot access point As I tried to connect I again got an error and it seemed to say something like no IP address or something to that effect What s going on Is it an issue with an ethernet card - not that I know what those are for Is it the computer and it s not automating an IP address or something I don t know what to try next Thanks for any help you can provide Buster nbsp

A:wireless network access point not found

Are you posting here now by connecting one of the computers to the modem by USB? Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it and when switching between USB and ethernet?

For the laptop please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n <- EDIT: this one is not needed; sorry.

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-access-point-not-found.997519/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I've been having serious difficulty maintaining a stable wireless connection to the university At random intervals my connection will go to limited If I run the Windows troubleshooter it resets the Wi-Fi adapter and displays The default gateway is not available fixed I've tried installing updating drivers for my wireless card resetting TCP IP stacks ipconfig flushdns uninstalling the card and reinstalling it turning my Symantec Endpoint Protection on off disabling IPV I feel like I've exhausted my options Please let me know if you have any suggestions C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Wireless access Internet losing network keeps Ra Primary Dns Suffix Node Wireless network keeps losing Internet access Type Wireless network keeps losing Internet access Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List fordham edu Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Wireless network keeps losing Internet access Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C- B-FD-CB- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix fordham edu Description Intel reg Wireless-N Physical Address C- B-FD-CB- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c eb adda Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday September PM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- F- - - - E- -FF-E - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -FF-E - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wireless network keeps losing Internet access

Seeing as you are connected to a university network, have you checked to see if other devices are having the same issue? It seems like the access point you are connecting onto may not be holding a reliable ARP table. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549650/wireless-network-keeps-losing-internet-access/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I cannot access my internet and don't know why. When i try to access the internet it says I have 'limited access' although I have a full internet connection. Does anyone know how to fix this please? I have a Windows 7 operating system.
Thanks

A:'Limited access'- Wireless Network connection

Quote: Originally Posted by Thea

Hi,
I cannot access my internet and don't know why. When i try to access the internet it says I have 'limited access' although I have a full internet connection. Does anyone know how to fix this please? I have a Windows 7 operating system.
Thanks

Are you accessing through wifi or wired?

Do you have other computers in your house? If so can they connect (wired or wireless)?

What is your router?

Tony

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99676-limited-access-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using Windows 7. Whenever my laptop catches signals of some other network it stops and gives me limited access. How to solve this issue?

Relevancy 52.89%

I just got a brand new laptop, and I want it to be as protable and wireless as possible. Currently I'm on my college network that uses Cisco clean access. I have heard that this would prevent me from just plugging a wireless router into the wall. I have heard rummors that if I can find a router with an integrated browser (allowing me to login to cisco) that it can be done. The other solution would be to buy another pci ethernet card and run the wireless router off of that with bridged connections. I was wondering if anybody here has any knowlege on this matter.
As always any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello There,

I recently bought a laptop and also bought a D-Link Wireless Router so I could connect to the internet from my laptop.

I have 2 desktop computers connecting to the router through cables and another desktop computer connecting wirelessly. And my laptop connecting wirelessly also.

All desktop computers have Windows XP Professional and my laptop has XP Home.

I am just wondering how I am able to access files on the network from my laptop.

Also a printer is connected to one of the desktop computer and was wondering if I can print using my laptop.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Littleme

Relevancy 52.89%

I'm using DELL D620 laptop with Win 7 Ultimate OS, and I have trouble connecting to a wireless network, in fact I can connect to a network but I dont have internet access, I'm using TP-LINK (WR 741 ND (Annex B)) router.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
My boardband connection is working on a PC, and laptop, but I cant make wireless internet access on my laptop...
Please anybody Help me...

A:No Internet Access on wireless network (TP Link)

With this laptop, were you able to connect to the internet before using the same router?

What exactly do you mean when you say you can connect to the network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203259-no-internet-access-wireless-network-tp-link.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi As said No Network, Access Wireless But Connected to Internet I am connected to my Wireless Network but have no Internet access Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access So far I have looked through the forums and done the following - unticked the ipv box - pulled any Firewalls down - disabled and re-enabled my network adaptors - tried the ipconfig release and renew - left my IP Address Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access detection to Automatic This is because when I tried looking up my DNS on my desktop it was not in my Ipconfig page so I didn't know what to fill in on my laptop So when I filled in my IP address manually there was no DNS to fill in and this didn't work - disabled Bonjour - tried flushdns - According to the laptop my network adapter drivers are up to date There are two listed Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Intel R Wifi Link AGN I have not tried uninstalling these as I am concerned about doing damage to the laptop and I am not sure which I should uninstall My sincere apologies - I am not very good at IT I would really appreciate any help you guys could give I haven't made a screenshot of my ipconfig all yet but my IP address is xxx xx and my subnet mask is The Default Gateway field is empty I know that this means that my laptop isn't receiving the signal from the router but all the other computers in the house are running fine with no problems from the signal I have also restarted the router a few times Any help is greatly appreciated I upgraded from Vista

A:Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access

You may have the MAC address clone problem that everyone seems to be getting.

Try this> 1. Control Panel->device Manage->Network Adapter->Adv.->Network Address, put some values in the text box

Source: How to change a MAC address on Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55237-connected-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just setup a home network with a wireless router. I have two questions, 1st is there a way to allow access to a specific computer without running network wizard (i.e. a login or password). 2nd I am running MAC filtering and have my laptop and desktop on it, but I got these address' because it was on my DHLP client list when I turned on the filtering. Where on another laptop can I find the MAC address to add it to the filter list.

Relevancy 52.89%

i used to be able to, but now i cant. i have a toshiba satellite 1405-S151 laptop. my port is: SMC IrCC - Fast Infared Port v. 5.1.2500.0 (9/7/2001) are there updates for it? or is there just a new version of it?

i recently reformatted my HD and i had to find and reinstall the drivers manually....maybe i dont have the correct network adapter? i have intel PRO/ 100 M Mobile connection....

my router (wireless) is a Dell TrueMobile router

**My network adapter still works for me when i am hooked up through an ethernet cable.

A:cannot access my wireless network through my infared port

Go to toshiba and find the driver updates. They will have them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-my-wireless-network-through-my-infared-port.79896/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a TP-Link TL-WR641G router attached to my land line. My desktop and laptop are connected to it using cables i.e in the 5 years I have had it, I have never used the wireless facility and I have no idea what the password is. I now have a smart phone and I want to connect to the internet to use its facilities. The phone "sees" the network and is asking for the password. I am a complete ignoramus concerning this. Is the password a function of the router or the network? How can I reset it?
Thanks all

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/password-network-access-wireless-router-4605818/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, I have a home wireless network for two XP PC's and one XP laptop. One of the PC's and the laptop both have internet access through my comcast internet and linksys routers, but the other PC wont connect. Ive tried unplugging and re-plugging the routers, and re-booting. I can connect to the network (it says connected with very good signal) but I can't get on the internet.both of my other computers are on the same network but they can connect just fine. I dont know any computer language so please only use 'noob' terms. Thanks so much for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

-MXB-​

A:On my wireless network, all my computers have internet access except for one.

Well, I've experienced something similar, but to fix it you'll have to do some things that aren't too hard...

Try going on to you're router's web based configuration page and change the IP (I'm guessing that the default is 192.168.0.1) to 192.168.0.2

That might not work, and knowing me, I wouldn't bet on it, so, maybe you should try changing channels on your router to avoid any interference. Try changing it to 11, that helped me in other areas I can remember.

Have you gone on the PC and checked the wireless on there? It says its connected you say, so in the task bar should be a little icon meaning Wireless is detected (And hopefully connected)

Try right clicking that, and going to Status, then Properties. There should be a new window that comes up, with a list of things with check boxes. Scroll there, and find something called "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)". Once there, make sure that "Obtain IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" are checked.

I don't know what else to tell you if that doesn't work, other than upgrading firmware of your router, which is fairly easy.

Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-my-wireless-network-all-my-computers-have-internet-access-except-for-one.84008/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys, I've been searching this forum and other resources for days now with no luck. I'm connected to our apartment's wireless network, but about a week ago I found the infamous yellow triangle and "No Internet Access." I was going along fine for about a month and this came out of nowhere.

I've tried every imaginable ipconfig command that has been suggested, including flushdns, ipreset, all the winsock commands, etc. I've tried resetting everything: modem, router, laptop... I've tried enabling/uninstalling my wireless adapter, changed my TCP/IPv4 settings, used trusted DNS settings, the whole 9 yards. I've renamed my computer, deleted the network profile, deleted my computers profile on the router, booted on safe mode, you get the picture.

I installed Xirrus from a flash drive, and I can post screenshots of any info that may be required, but any help is greatly appreciated!! Very difficult to be limited to an iPhone for all your Internet needs...

A:Wireless Network Connected but No Internet Access

Have you had a look at the router settings to make sure you have access?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237598-wireless-network-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Normally in the system tray there's the icon displaying my signal strength for my wireless network connection This icon disappeared I checked with the properties of the taskbar and changed it to quot show all quot for the wireless connection Also I used to be able to go through start and quot connect to quot and Access Can't List/Icon Wireless Network there would be an option for wireless networks where I would go to choose Can't Access Wireless Network List/Icon a network if the icon weren't showing But now I have neither I have been having problems with viruses such as svhost exe and another that disallows me from editing my registry because quot Can't Access Wireless Network List/Icon administrator has disabled editing the registry quot but i am the administrator and I know that I didn't do that I believe I fixed that problem not quite sure i ran a registry cleaner though and it seems to have worked Anyways I just want my wireless networks list back and I can't figure it out Is it a bug or virus or something Please help Sorry for the long message just trying to get it all out there on the table for you Thanks for your time

A:Can't Access Wireless Network List/Icon

You may have to re-setup the wireless network connection. Sometimes cleaning up problems caused by viruses can mess up other stuff.

Once the network settings are back your network connections should reappear as you come within range. You will have to re-enter the passwords for any secure networks you use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-wireless-network-list-icon-176468.html
Relevancy 52.89%

It's an Inspiron 6000, running XP. I plan to use it for a specific purpose, and I just need to be online long enough to download a program, then I don't need to be online any longer to use the program. Thank you for your help.

PS: As to my pc knowledge I'm around a 3.5 out of 10.

Boyd Bilbo

A:Can't access wireless network with Dell laptop.

can you connect with a cable directly to the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-wireless-network-with-dell-laptop.1168519/
Relevancy 52.89%

So I met a co worker who pretended to be friends with me I invited him over and let him use the computer while I was away to the gas station I suspect that he did something and gained remote access to my computer I found out about it when I checked my wireless connections on my router and found his name on the network Steve s - Iphone and a couple of unfamiliar connections I then computer my to through network access has remote wireless Someone opened my task manager and ended some tasks I thought were possibly infected When I went back to the wireless status the unfamiliar connections disappeared Then few minutes later my mouse froze and this guy messaged me talking trash I checked the wireless connections and they were back Right now I have my wireless turned off and I think I am safe I use Norton firewall kaspersky internet security and my Someone has remote access to my computer through wireless network virus definitions have always been up to date but I cannot detect anything I also set my options to permit only MAC authenticated computers and changed my wireless WPA WPA key but everytime I turn my wireless on this guy somehow is connected to my network Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Someone has remote access to my computer through wireless network Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Users rob AppData Roaming Spotify spotify exe C Users rob AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Someone has remote access to my computer through wireless network avp exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dll O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR A DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO l... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I was trying to go through the other posts but there were so many small nuances between them I just wanted to start fresh I just reformatted a dell latitude d and reinstalled windows xp After this I ve downloaded the necessary drivers only to get to my current predicament where it says I m connected to out wireless network but I cannot access the internet Please help From the previous slides it looked like the first thing to do was run IPCONFIG ALL I ll retype most of this as best I can to get the information up there but sorry since i can t just copy and paste Windows IP configuration Host name Mikes laptop primary dns suffix Node type unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter wireless network connection Connection-specific DNS suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN mini-PCI Card Physical Address - E- B-D -A - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yess IP Address Subnet Mask default gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Thursday November PM I know the internet itself works since I m using my mini-pc to write this email Furthermore this means I have access cannot internet says connected network but Wireless I access the to the internet if i need to DL anything My only restriction is that I can only transfer anything with my USB or external Harddrive Thank you for any help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a small business wireless network that lives behind a DSL modem. I have the modems public IP address and can access its admin functions but I am wondering how I might be able to access the wireless router admin pages through the DSL modem from a remote location. I suppose there are software solutions but I would rather not deal with that if I can just forward some ports or something. The DSL and wireless are both unsecured but thankfully they are not connected to our business computers. Are there specific ports that should be used if it's a port forward issue? I know that the DSL modem assigns a private IP address through DHCP to the router and I have that as well but I'm kind of foggy on the port thing.

Thanks guys!

Relevancy 52.89%

In desperation all boffins geeks and wizards at Microsoft I need help I have had a home network now for at least years and for the first time I just cannot get it to work That is since access cannot WIN or wireless with network connect 7 - Desperate I upgraded to supa dupa Win Prof I have three machines in the network two laptops and one desktop Printers backup drives etc all attached to the desktop Desktop and one laptop running Win Prof One laptop running Xp In a nutshell I have tried everything on this website and others and nothing works I am no idiot around this stuff and I am simply dumb Desperate - cannot connect or access wireless network with WIN 7 founded I have set up and recreated Homegroup changed settings disabled my Eset firewall as well as win firewall You name it Desperate - cannot connect or access wireless network with WIN 7 I have tried it to no avail After doing some research Desperate - cannot connect or access wireless network with WIN 7 it appears many many people have a similar problems Machine can see each other but come hell or high water cannot access I am soooo disappointed with this Please tell me there is something different that I can try At this point all my hardware is locked out since upgrading to Win

A:Desperate - cannot connect or access wireless network with WIN 7

In what ways are you accessing one machine to the other, and what errors did you get?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192107-desperate-cannot-connect-access-wireless-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have 2 home computers. The desk top has a net gear wireless card configured through the netgear software. The laptop has an internal wireless card. Both machines have access to the internet using a wireless router. My laptop also uses a wireless printer. The router seems to be working fine.
Each machine has a different IP address.
I am trying to set up a workgroup so I can share files.
The desktop can see the workgroup and itself but the laptop can not access the workgroup. When i click on the workgroup icon i get an error message. "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resouyrce. Contact the administrator of the server to find out....." Well, I am the administrator of this laptop.
i searched for several hours but found nothing out there that fixed the problem.
any ideas?

A:Can't get access to workgroup on home wireless network

It would be helpful to know what version of Windows runs on each of the machines.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-access-to-workgroup-on-home-wireless-network.932725/
Relevancy 52.89%

Almighty forum, I come in need of help!

I'm a student in Sixth Form, and it's my job to organise the theatre tech, and we're trying to get our own wireless network for our kit.

We have a wireless router, (Dlink DI-524, a couple of years old, and all the cables), and I have a basic knowledge of networking, such as DHCP servers and so on, but I don't know how to set it up. We have a working LAN port, so access isn't a problem. And we know the server address. As much as we'd like the IT dept. to do it, or to at least tell us how, they're unbelievably lazy and won't do either.

So, could someone offer some help and instruction for me? If any more info is needed, I'll get it.

Thanks in advance!

A:Adding a wireless access point to a network?

do you have there permission (IT dept) to do this
put a PC onto the working LAN port and post an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-access-point-to-a-network.1086374/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop got disconnected from the electricity (with no battery) and when I started it, I could not get it to connect to the wireless network at home. It shows available networks but always gives ?Limited Access? when I attempt to connect to my home network. Other devices (phones and laptops) are connected to the network and have no problems. I have tried the following with no result:

Restarted the router.
Changed the network password.
Restarted laptop with last good known configuration.
System restore in safe mode.
Checked windows update. The last update was a day before the problem started. The uninstall button is not enabled for this update.
Virus scan showed nothing.
Uninstalled the wireless adaptor driver and restarted the laptop.
Downloaded the latest driver for the wireless adaptor and installed it.
Disabled Windows Firewall.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue ?

My laptop is HP Pavilion g6 series with Windows 7 Professional (32bit).

Thanks

A:Limited Access Problem With Wireless Network

Hi, welcome to SF.

You can try to update your router settings to change from dynamic to static IP address configuration, and set an IP address on the computer appropriately. Try to connect the laptop directly with an ethernet cable and check if it is connecting or not.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346644-limited-access-problem-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using a Macintosh (Lion) on a wireless network. I want to print to a printer on landline ethernet. I have the printer's IP address. I attempted to add the printer on the Macintosh using first LPD protocol and then IPP protocol. Neither worked.
I chose Autoselect to select the driver and it would revert to Generic PostScript Printer.

When I selected Add, screen said "Setting up " " with the IP address for a while and then said "Unable to verify the printer on your network"

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Relevancy 52.89%

We have networked our two computers DELL and NEXAR using D link wireless network. Everything worked fine for two years but now when I try to access DELL from NEXAR, I get a message: "DELL is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network. Access denied." However I can access Nexar from Dell with no problem. Both computers run XP and share internet DSL connection. Dell is the primary computer. I tried re-establishing the connection but no luck. Hard drive on Dell indicate that access allowed!

Relevancy 52.89%

Okay I Internet? Access cant Wireless Network\Apps have a really big problem For some reason my applications cannot access the internet except Mozilla and or two others Not Chrome IE iTunes etc I don t know when this started because I just now Wireless Network\Apps cant Access Internet? realized it but Wireless Network\Apps cant Access Internet? Im assuming it has something to do with the network configuration or whatever -- but I looked at the configuration for my wireless network and everything is in order I don t know if its the main connection in Network Connections the broadband one or whatever or what Although Im not really sure that anything in the network is effecting it but assuming that I don t have any viruses that would be preventing internet access to most of my applications SO if anyone could help me figure out whats going on I would VERY much appreciate it Additional Note I have run McAfee BitDefender and ZoneAlarm as well as Malawarebytes to remove anything effecting the system and just upgraded and reinstalled iTunes so none of those things were the cause I also did that registry fix thing I forgot what it was called but it did nothing Thanks Austin Frye nbsp

A:Wireless Network\Apps cant Access Internet?

Hi Austin:
So let's see this:
It will give us the network as your pc see's it.
The pings will tell us whether the dns function is working as it should.
Any recent changes in hardware/software?
Have you tried a system restore point at a date prior to the problem starting ?
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-apps-cant-access-internet.916651/
Relevancy 52.89%

I know this has been talked about beaten with a stick and poked as dead Anyone have a real answer yet I am an local unidentified access network - - Wireless only HP support tech We have had hundreds of calls reguarding the quot unidtified network quot quot local access only quot After trying every patch fix reghack found here nothing is really solving the problem Will there be a statement from MS with a real fix that works There is no set fields I can specify I have seen this with all Wireless - local access only - unidentified network flavors of Vista and with just about every brand of router out there Wireless just does not work Users say they have recently been in a Wireless - local access only - unidentified network public location and now their home will not work or that the unit has not been out of the house Wireless - local access only - unidentified network and it suddenly quit Personally I have had the user get onto a wired network and spent hours using remote access to try the options listed here and have had success only about of the time Will MS help us with this problem or just keep being silent on the issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/040d9fe6-059d-449a-bbe7-fcb856e800fc/wireless-local-access-only-unidentified-network?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 52.89%

Have an acer 4535g running on vista 32 home basic.A netgear router for wireless connection. All was well till I took a vacation for more than a month and after returning my acer 4535g would not connect to the internet via the router.It says connected but with limited access to the network.Tried to diagnose the problem and it says: 1.The network adapter "Atheros AR8131 PCI-E gigabit Ethernet Controller" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. 2.make sure your protocol bindings are correct. 3.The network adapter "Atheros AR5B91 wireless network adapter" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. Change the location of the laptop but still can`t connect. My other laptop acer 4530 can connect smoothly without problem. Would appreciate if can help me with my 4535g to connect again to my router and access the internet. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.89%

I've been trying to figure out if this is an ISP problem or not. But I just wanted to quickly ask here first. Is it possible that my linksys wireless access point is slowing down my whole network in my house? Its really getting frustrating because its happening too often. The internet just starts acting like a dial up and takes forever to load things. It happens on every computer. If I unplug the access point, its still slow for a bit then speeds up. I don't know if its a coincidence or if in fact it is the access point causing this to happen. I just don't know why.

A:Wireless access point slowing down whole network

I like wireless (I'm outside catching a breeze right now!), but it seems almost anything can happen with wireless routers. In your case I'd suggest that the first thing to do is to make sure that there is not a lot of wireless traffic clogging up the network. Since you'd already know if you (or malware) are doing a lot on your wireless computer(s), make sure you don't have a neighbor taking a free ride. Do you have the network secured with WPA, or at least WEP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-access-point-slowing-down-whole-network.401275/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am using windows 7 and I was able to connect to our home wifi few days ago when all of a sudden I lost my connection when I left my laptop idle for an hour or so. Until now I am not able to connect to access the internet. It shows that I am connected to our wireless network but the little wifi icon is showing a yellow sign with an exclamation point and when I place my pointer on it, it says "Identifying...No Internet access". Can somebody help me on this?

A:Connected to wireless network but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Have you restarted the pc?

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access-643560.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys I've read numerous threads and have been trying for the past six hours trying to get my stupid computer to connect to the wireless network I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop wireless card is quot Dell Wireless Wireless-N WlAN Mini-card quot router is cicsco E I don't know that much about computers so i've been relying on what people have suggested doing in former threads I know there is nothing wrong with the router because the other computers in the house both by LAN and wireless can connect to the internet and it runs super fast Mine was working great until says Suddenly No Network Wireless Internet Access suddenly last night it said it was connected but that there was no internet access I did upgrade my computer from Vista to Windows but that was about a month ago and I've had no problems since When I clicked on the diagnostic button to try and let it resolve it itself it pops up saying quot Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding quot This is what I have done Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access already reboot router modem shouldn't be a problem with them since all other computers can access perfectly I tried turning on off my wireless on the laptop and restarting etc when I tried to ipconfig release it says Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access quot no operation can be performed on Local area connection while it has its media disconnected - same goes for when I do ipconfig renew I also tried flushing the DNS by typing ipconfig flushdns it says successfully flushed the DNS resolver Cache but after rebooting nothing's changed I also went to properties for the wireless network under Internet Protocol Version I set it to use a manual IP address IP Subnet mask Default gateway Preferred DNS Alternate DNS server I don't understand how the wireless all of a sudden stopped working Is this some retarded Windows thing This never happened to me before - before especially if I've been doing a lot of downloading I have to unplug the modem and everything is great But now it's just my computer that's not working So strange any clues guys This is getting frustrating I'm about to throw it in the trash and just get a new computer hahaha Thanks for your help

A:Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access

PS. I forgot to mention, when I plug in the ethernet, it connects, but still says no internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184695-suddenly-wireless-network-says-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday i turned on my computer to find out that i couldn't access AOL, it always stopped at Connecting to TCP/IP. I am on a wireless network with another computer which can access AOL. My computer reconizes that there is a wireless network and says that it is connected but i can't access the internet through AOL or internet explorer. They main computer has no problems at all which was what the second computer was like only a few days ago. Also i cant connect to my router settings using 192.168.1.1.

Please if anyone knows what i can do please help

Both computers are on Win XP
I have tried Reinstalling AOL and resetting the router several times.

A:unable to access internet on wireless network

If you check the status of your WLAN you'll probably notice it's sending packets but not recieving them. If you have double and triple checked your network settings and firewall settings then....You may want to try simply restarting the router.... I've noticed some wireless routers (linksys in my case) would not take new wireless clients as willingly as i wanted them to. After kicking everyone off the network for a couple minutes my new wireless client was ready to go.
Give that a shot and if it doesn't work then I guess we are stuck with good ol fashion step by step troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-internet-on-wireless-network.27603/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I'm having wireless connectivity issues on the network at my home, but not on other networks. Problem started a few weeks ago, until then I'd been using that network with no problems at all.

I will loose connectivity for a few minutes at a time, then increasingly, until cannot access internet at all.

We have tried resetting the modem, it will work for a while, then as soon as more than one person is on the network, the problem begins again.

So, not sure if this is a problem with the modem, or maybe we just don't have enough internet "speed". Or could it possibly be a problem with my computer (tho I have no issues on other networks)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless Network...keep loosing access to the internet

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-keep-loosing-access-to-the-internet.1112363/
Relevancy 52.89%

The telephone doesn't modem cable. phone that Need require (wireless?) wiring in our house is very old amp confusing only outlets both downstairs are functional We use cordless phones Vtech amp the transmitter base for satellite phones is plugged into of those outlets My desktop pc is upstairs where until recently there was a functioning phone outlet to which i connected the internal modem I use the modem for faxes I have FIOS for the internet That outlet is no longer available amp I have been without a modem for some time Trying to fix the upstairs wiring Need modem that doesn't require phone cable. (wireless?) has been a frustrating waste of time I don t want to pay a repairman for something that could be very expensive amp involve going behind the walls especially when a wireless solution might be much easier Question is there a modem i can purchase that is wireless amp responds to a phone call from a transmitter station that is plugged into a phone outlet just like my cordless phones do I want to plug it into the other outlet downstairs Any other solution using my home tel would also be welcome Thanks Ron nbsp

A:Need modem that doesn't require phone cable. (wireless?)

Since you have FiOS, why not consider dropping the phone line and using VoIP from one of the many providers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-modem-that-doesnt-require-phone-cable-wireless.651567/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi There is a problem with establishing an internet connection between my laptop and any wireless network and hence the internet cannot be accessed Though Short for but Connected Network to to Access Cannot Internet a Wireless While the connection can be established locally between my laptop and the wireless network for a short while before Connected to Wireless Network for a Short While but Cannot Access to Internet the connection is lost locally There is certainly no problem with my current wireless router as there are internet connections between the wireless network and other devices Prior to using the current wireless router I used Linksys WRT G for internet connection until recently when there was no connection between all devices and the Linksys wireless router so I changed my wireless router to the current one However the problem still persists for my laptop I can only get access to internet when my laptop is connected to the router using ethernet cable as well as when my laptop is connected to the main cable modem using the same cable My laptop model is Fujitsu Lifebook S Series and my laptop is running on Windows Vista Service Pack and my current wireless router is Belkin N Wireless N Router Model F K v What I have done so far are that I have ensured that the DNS client and DHCP client service are enabled and that I have used the method of quot release dnsflush and renew quot on the command prompt Below is the ipconfig all description when this laptop is connected to the cable modem using ethernet cable Windows IP Configuration Host Name FujitsuUser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Juniper Network Connect Virtual Adapter Physical Address -FF-C -B -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - -FB- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F -A -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - A-AB- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fea ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September PM Lease Expires Saturday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - C- C- - - - F- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B -AE - - A -ADBC CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c c b cb a c f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c b cb a c f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EEC BA -F E - D - -C D D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CBA-DC - C-A - A CF A E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled N... Read more

A:Connected to Wireless Network for a Short While but Cannot Access to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-for-a-short-while-but-cannot-access-to-internet.1068929/
Relevancy 52.46%

How wireless printer be able to access the same network without typing the password ?

From what I know any wireless devices need to type a username and password to be able to access to the same network.
What makes a wireless printer difference?
Regard,
Thanks.

A:How wireless printer be able to access the same network without typing the password ?

You include the password when you set the printer up.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302417-how-wireless-printer-able-access-same-network-without-typing-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi there all
I have a wireless home network setup between my laptop and my desktop, the problem i have is that i cannot access my desktop from my laptop, i have no problem accessing my laptop from my desktop(move files, open files, delete files or teansfer files between the two) i just cant seem to figure out where i am going wrong . every time i try to open my hdd on my desktop it says i do not have permission to do so

any help please!!!!!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi can anyone help my new Samsung laptop has just stopped allowing me access to the internet. Its not a problem with the router as I have a wired connection to a desktop that is fine. My laptop has been working ok but now I just get 'Limited Access' from the status bar. All the other checks have been made with ISP the Intel(R) Centrino(R) wireless N130 is supposed to be working according to the network properties dialogue box. Also have wired the ethernet from desktop to laptop and still the same response so narrowing it down to the possible driver software.

If you think that is the case does anyone know where I can get fix?

A:Network wireless adapter problems - Limited Access

Hello woody,

If you can use another computer to download the most recent driver software to a USB stick, it might be better for this - Download it and let it alone until you uninstall the current one. In fact, uninstall everything related to wireless connections. Then install the new driver software and input all the information it asks.

Run this command: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Try this tutorial to see if it helps anything: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210941-network-wireless-adapter-problems-limited-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

At our office we have atleast 10 computers and they are all connected to a wireless Network using D-Link wireless adapters. All the computers are able to connect to the internet and browsing the net is not a problem, but the problem is in accessing some of the computers on the network, I keep getting thse pop up error messages saying " \\comp1 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions". I am the Technical guy in the company overseeing tthe network. Please Help am stranded and my job is on the line.!

A:I can connect to the wireless network in my office but i cant access some computers:

Sounds like you don't have permissions. Is this a domain or a workgroup network? Sounds like a workgroup.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-connect-to-the-wireless-network-in-my-office-but-i-cant-access-some-computers.952935/
Relevancy 52.46%

Good afternoon all,

After trawling Google for solutions I'm not sure what to do.

Brand new comp running Windows 7 and using a wireless network adapter. The network signal is saying I'm connected and that there is internet access, but there is not. I've tried a different browser and nothing. Then an exclamation point pops up saying there is no internet access. I've troubleshooted using Windows and its getting the "DNS server is not responding" error. The internet was fine and then did a Windows update.

I've tried cmd release, flush, renew to no avail. I've changed the DNS address to 208-67-222-222. Uninstalled the wireless adapter, restarted and reinstalled. Unplugged the modem and router and then reconnected.

Sometimes internet access will be restored, but minutes later the DNS server pops up again.

I did a system restore to before the updates as a last ditch effort.

Thank you in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-no-internet-access-dns-server-error.1154604/
Relevancy 52.46%

My boyfriend performed a registry sweep on my computer and now my internet will not work. I connect to the internet through a wireless network in my home. The computer is showing that it is connected to the network and that the signal strength is excellent, but when I open Internet Explorer it cannot display any web pages.
I am sure that the problem is very simple, but I cannot seem to figure out what to do.

A:Registry sweep disabled access to my wireless network

Let's start with the basics.

#1. Kick the boyfriend in the butt! You might also mention this to him.

Don't fix stuff that ain't broke!

OK, let's see if we can fix it.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

If that doesn't do it, try this.

Reset Internet Explorer 7 Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registry-sweep-disabled-access-to-my-wireless-network.680748/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

Today my laptop has made over 45 attempts each separated approximately 20-30 seconds to access another laptop in my home wireless network ports ranging from 51806-51956. The report I obtained from zone alarm firewall, Rating: High, Protocol (flags: S) 2/22/2009. I clicked more info on the attempt and zone alarm redirected me to one of their sites that mentions this attempt has blocked access to port 139 which happens to be a common port for windows network file sharing.

Please let me hear your opinions on this matter, I am not sure whether this is actually a legitimate attempt since it was continuous for nearly 1h20m 6:50p-7:30p.
Thank you!

A:Multiple access attemps to other pcs on home wireless network

did you try and access other computers on your network during that time or was it zone alarm notifying you of access to other computers which you werent attempting to access?
if its the first one, then lighten the restrictions on that port number, if its the second one, then youve been the victim of a hacker attack.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212457-multiple-access-attemps-other-pcs-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Morning I am currently having a problem with my friend s eMachines laptop At some point a few can't connected internet. to access network, the Laptop wireless weeks ago it stopped connecting to web sites via browser although he Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet. had a strong wireless connection at home He brought it in to work for me to take a look Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet. at I don t have access to the router as it is the company wifi network The problem has to be with the laptop anyway as my personal laptop and ipod touch are both connecting to the wireless network and loading web content with no problems I have tried a few things with no results and I don t mind starting from scratch in case I missed something Below I have posted ipconfig all for his machine connected wirelessly as well as PING for his machine s IP the default gateway the DNS and yahoo IP and domain Below that is the same tests run with the computer connected via cable to the network In addition I have added the same results from my personal netbook which is functioning correctly Any help would be very much appreciated WIRELESS IPCONFIG all for problem machine Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dagobox Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List SSG- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix SSG- Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -BF- -E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe c a ff febf e Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Sunday September A M Lease Expires Monday September A M Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix SSG- Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled WIRELESS PING TESTS ON PROBLEM MACHINE Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING www yahoo com Ping request could not find host www yahoo com Please check the name and try ag ain IPCONFIG WIRED ON PROBLEM MACHINE Mi... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet.

Well, I'm confused. Your wireless connection statistics for the "good" and "bad" machine look the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connected-to-wireless-network-cant-access-the-internet.862304/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just wonder if I will be able to go online wirelessly with a DSL-modem connected to an accesspoint and then using a computer with a wireless network card.....

At the moment I only have one client computer...

Will this configuration be possible or do I need to connect a router somewhere?

A:Can I use an access point to distribute one/several ip-adresses in a wireless network

Offhand I can't think of any reason that wouldn't work, but why?

A wireless router with 4-port switch won't cost much more than an AP, and maybe less, and gives you firewall protection plus more flexibility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-use-an-access-point-to-distribute-one-several-ip-adresses-in-a-wireless-network.457860/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm using an IBM X-31 laptop which for 1 1/2 years worked just fine connected to the server through an ethernet cable. The office added wi-fi (two way) and the computer connects just fine. However, without warning, when connected by cable, I get a blue screen and sudden death (shades of DOS). We have replaced software drives, groupwise updated and patched software, the memory module and even the motherboard. No luck. Now IT want to reformat the harddrive which appears to work just fine when not wired to the newtwork. Any ideas?

A:Network access; Wireless works; ehternet cable does not

I have seen this happen when the network card just goes bad. Do you got a spare network card to test with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-access-wireless-works-ehternet-cable-does-not.385371/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-2088d laptop. I can connect wirelessly to my home network and others (eg Starbucks, friends, etc) however when I try connect to my parents BT Home Hub, I can connect to the network but it shows no internet access.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 - Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access.999777/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ok so where do I begin I have a mini acer laptop I have never had any problems connecting to my internet access to connected to wireless but unable network still wireless networks before until I connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet returned from Jamaica we did use the hotels access anyhow ever since returning a few months ago I can not connect to my home wireless network we did change routers back in connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet Dec and did at that time have problems as well getting it to connect the router is a Linksys E I have tried over and over again to troubleshoot all problems and areas it tells me I m connected but I still can t load any web pages when I checked further I saw that the IP address was different than the ones on my other laptops so I changed those settings by adding the new IP address I have even taken my laptop to other wireless networks away from my home and I have no problems connecting to any of those what could possibly be wrong Could there be a problem because of the other laptops that are also connecting to the same wireless network I noticed on the other laptop that the physical address as well as the IP address are different than the ones I have on mine those computers run Windows I have XP on my acer mini I have researched so much trouble shooting I don t know where else to try the problem is here in the home network system with the old IP address it would give me an error message of limited or no connectivity now that I changed the IP address it says connected but I still can not access the internet the other laptop and my ipad both connect without problems is it because of Windows XP like I said the other one is Windows and my ipad PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet

Set the wireless to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-still-unable-to-access-internet.1003838/
Relevancy 52.46%

Good afternoon all,

After trawling Google for solutions I'm not sure what to do.

Brand new comp running Windows 7 and using a wireless network adapter. The network signal is saying I'm connected and that there is internet access, but there is not. I've tried a different browser and nothing. Then an exclamation point pops up saying there is no internet access. I've troubleshooted using Windows and its getting the "DNS server is not responding" error. The internet was fine and then did a Windows update.

I've tried cmd release, flush, renew to no avail. I've changed the DNS address to 208-67-222-222. Uninstalled the wireless adapter, restarted and reinstalled. Unplugged the modem and router and then reconnected.

Sometimes internet access will be restored, but minutes later the DNS server pops up again.

I did a system restore to before the updates as a last ditch effort.

Thank you in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-no-internet-access-dns-server-error.1154605/
Relevancy 52.46%

Operating system - gt Windows xp I am currently have my pc connected to the internet through a ethernet cable connected to an eircom wireless netopia router I want to add a linksys wireless access point g version and have it act as a repeater when i ran the set up cd i got the following message The setup utility was unable to locate a wireless g access point on the network All the connections are wireless-g point to network access in locate the Unable plugged in as the wap shows all lights are on When i try and login to the access points home page on its also unsuccessful Am i suppose to set up any configs on the router to let the access point work ive included screen shots of my netopia routers home page and also of config all in the cmd screen C Documents and Settings The man gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name cormac Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - - - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Unable to locate wireless-g access point in the network Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Connection Information DSL Availableeircom broadband ConnectedUser Name email protected IP Address IP Gateway Primary DNS Server dns cra dublin eircom net Secondary DNS Server dns cwm dublin eircom net Speed kbps Line Attenuation dB Router Information Router Name Netopia Model - Serial Number MAC Address e Software Version r Warranty Date Local Network IP Address Ethernet Connected Wireless Operational Privacy WPA - PSK Wireless ID SSID eircom broadcast nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have recently purchased a new laptop less than a week ago and since purchase I have had the same recurring problem Coincidentally my wireless router is brand new also and so it makes the situation even more difficult to to access? but no Connection router fine, network is wireless eradicate My laptop connects to the router wirelessly without a hitch however Connection to wireless router is fine, but no network access? every five minutes or so a small yellow exclaimation mark appears alongside the connection symbol and it says there is either No Internet Access or No Network Access despite the fact it is connected to the wireless and has a full strength connection However my brother s laptop connects and surfs the web seamlessly as well as the family desktop PC and various mobile devices I am reluctant to return the laptop back to the store please HELP Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon Connection to wireless router is fine, but no network access? tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA PWWAE AB Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Computer quot A quot Access Wireless Solved: Denied Network - Home is a desktop PC XP Home SP This computer is connected directly to my wireless router Computer quot B quot is a notebook PC XP PRO SP This computer shares my internet connection through a wireless adapter card I am able to share my g internet connection but there s a problem with folder and printer sharing Computer quot A Solved: Home Wireless Network - Access Denied quot is able to fully access quot B quot but quot B quot cannot access quot A quot quot B quot sees quot A quot just the computer itself NOT the shared folders or printers but when I try to access quot A quot I get a message stating quot computername is not accessable You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permission Access Denied quot I followed the instructions using the Wireless Network Setup Wizard but can t seem to get things working I ve tried turning off my firewall Solved: Home Wireless Network - Access Denied but it makes no difference Can anyone suggest what might be wrong Thanks -Mike nbsp