Windows Support Forum

Winamp crashes when syncing music library

Q: Winamp crashes when syncing music library

Hi all,

Winamp's being... temperamental, to say the least.
I have a music library of ~2000 songs which I want to get it to sync to my MP3 player. It recognizes that my player is connected to my PC just fine, but when I tell it to sync all 2000 songs in one shot the program freezes and crashes.
I really do NOT want to have to sit at my PC for hours and sync my music library 50 songs at a time. Is there a workaround for this problem or am I just going to have to bite the bullet?

Thanks,

-'Mage

EDIT: Mods, please delete this thread, I reposted it in "Misc. Software". Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winamp-crashes-when-syncing-music-library.93183/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Winamp crashes when syncing music library

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 20.64%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there I m new here hope you can help me out with my problem So over the last couple of weeks I upgraded my I ve had this for about three or four crashes causing parts New years now CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz x GB GPU RADEON HD GHz Edition PSU W Novatech To CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz GPU R X MSI GAMING PSU W Novatech New And added in two SSDs New parts causing crashes I also upgraded to Windows Since I upgraded I ve been getting these weird black-screen crashes whereby the lights turn off on the keyboard and there s no response at all from the machine but the fans are still on at full speed I have to then turn the PSU off or unplug it Then I have to wait a few seconds before giving power back to the PSU in order to turn it all back on The first time the crashes happened was when I was playing COD AW and loading a map like Detroit or Recovery After I turned off Preload Shaders Which allows you to load up more information during the loading screen so that you have a smoother experience after it that crashing seems to have stopped So I just thought that was a bug with COD until I started looking at overclocking my CPU I ran Prime just to look at the temps and after a couple of minutes I got the exact same black screen crashes I think it might be the PSU because it s old and technically a value brand but I don t want to fork out on a decent PSU only to find it was my Mobo or CPU all along So yeah any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:New parts causing crashes

Put your old RAM back in, see if the problem goes away. (Alternatively, run memtest86+ overnight)

Based on what you said, it will be much quicker to swap the RAM back and run Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-parts-causing-crashes.207343/
Relevancy 22.79%

HI
I have a lenovo laptop. My laptop suddenly crashes . If it is not used for 1 week and then turned on,it works fine for 2 hours. If we turn on the laptop the next day ,it starts crashing with in 10-15 mins after turning on.
Please help me with this ...

A:Laptop Crashes

There could a list of things causing this. Overheating, Os corrupt, Conflicts in software., Bad battery and so forth. The best way to know if you are not sure is to have a local computer shop check it out. Or try running it in safe mode . If it will and run some test on it. Such as a software to check its temps. A good spyware program to check your os. Also a program to check the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes.206058/
Relevancy 22.36%

A few months ago my computer started crashing when playing games. The screen would turn either black, white, (or once pink), the fan/fans would max out, and the audio would just change to a loud buzzing sound. This would continue until the laptop was turned off.
Around that time, one of my hard drives was failing. We thought, seeing as it fitted so well, that it was the problem. I've just had the hard drives replaced, and while it was running perfectly for a few days, it has now started to crash again, and far more frequently. Most of the time just after the desktop loads.

I'm currently running in safe mode, and that's perfectly fine. No crashing.
I've tried disabling my audio drivers, and rolling back my video card driver, but with no success. I'm assuming that as safe mode has no problems that it must relate to a driver, or, some software, but I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M, if that's important. No idea what other information to include. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Computer crashes increasingly often

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If there are any .dmp files, select them all and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-increasingly-often.205623/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I am going on holiday in early June and am looking for a way to listen to music while I'm in the pool as I plan to spend a lot of time doing so.
The way I can see it is that I have two options:

Buy a waterproof case and waterproof headphones
buy a waterproof MP3 player all-in-one.
Obviously each option has it's flaws - otherwise I wouldn't be there.
Even if I buy a waterproof case how can I be sure that even though there is a waterproof case, where it contacts with waterproof earphones will be waterproof as 'waterproof' to some sellers just means rain-proof.
The problem with the all in ones like the Sony Waterproof Walkman is that they are very expensive for very little space, the 4GB alone being 50 and 8GB is 80.

Does anyone have experience in the matter, anything they can recommend, preferably I'd like to use my phone in a case for my 32GB MicroSD card, but whatever works I guess.

Cheers guys.

A:How can I listen to music whilst swimming?

:big grin: My wife JUST purchase a waterproofed iPad Shuffle from waterfi.com

website is very descriptive and the device is AS Advertised - - she's very happy with it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-listen-to-music-whilst-swimming.201909/
Relevancy 25.37%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ve crashes caused Hard by motherboard? drive recently built a computer everything was working fine but after a month or so Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? it started freezing randomly only fixed by restart Then on boot some hard drives would say they have bad sectors and Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? failed SMART After a few weeks eventually the entire system crashed and would not boot on any of my drives I managed to get it boot on a CD and reformatted the SSD drive that the operating system was on I replaced the supposedly failing drives and things were looking good But it wasn t more then a week or two when it started freezing randomly again sometimes in the middle of activities sometimes when it was just left on And again saying the now brand new drive was failing though from everything I can tell it is not when I run disk checks from booting from a boot CD I m not expert so I have really am at a loss as to what to check I can t afford to keep replacing my hard drives and like I said it doesn t even seem to be actually true if I disconnect then reconnect the drive it seems to come up fine My suspicion is that either the SSD drive that the OS is on is causing the trouble or else its my motherboard Honestly I have no proof of either but I am pretty much out of my depth here Here is the general specs on my system Mother board ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C SSD OCZ Vertex VTX - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Video Card EVGA GeForce GS GB DDR PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA l have severaI other hard drives internal and external attached most of them don t seem to have any trouble the one that consistently fails is always label E even when I change the physical drive out not sure if that means anything or not Any help would be much appreciated not sure where to even start honestly Let me know if I need to make anything more clearly Lucas nbsp

A:Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard?

they have bad sectors and failed SMART.Click to expand...

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the HD firmware. Failures at that level are purely hardware related. Such failures create bad sectors.

Q.E.D.:- the drive is just cr*p.

IMO, the motherboard could never create a HD failure - - while software can do so as well as bad user procedures
(eg sharing r/w a folded and two or more users opening the same file at the same time).
Bad disk drivers would easily be a contributor too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-crashes-caused-by-motherboard.191721/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I've recently ordered a new PC and it should be here in a week. I'm a gamer and I like to write music and will finally be able to record with my new system. I'm just lacking a sound card. So basically I'm looking for a card that will be awesome for gaming and music. Any suggestions out there? I know I will need a PCI-E card. I'm looking to spend $150-200. Any help would be much appreciated

A:Sound card for gaming and making music

This is probably the best one out there: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132010

That is the best of both worlds. There is a better card for gaming, but the Essence above is much better for creating music and phenomenal for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-for-gaming-and-making-music.191256/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello I am looking for a solution to the following business issue Preferably a cloud based non-hardware non-vpn solution I have data files used by some mortgage software in my office files across about meg Currently I have just shared the folder and the individual PCs accessing the options? to syncing, no network cloud drive storage, Map data just set their data location as joes-pc datafiles or something like that the data location is set in the mortgage software My main problem is that I am opening an offshore location and I need to have the remote users to also specify a networked location for the file storage I have no vpn or other hardware other than wireless routers Only a few requirements when one user has a file open if a second user tries to open the file from the mortgage software it tells the user the file is already open there is no Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options? simultaneous sharing of a file and this needs to continue I do not want to sync files from the cloud to local drives since I am guessing this would lead to all sorts of sharing issues I basically need the files to act as if they are on my local network I need the files centrally located not distributed to users desktops Secondary issue would be ensuring backups happen somehow right now I just copy the files to a external harddrive once a week but I really should at least use dropbox for this or something so it is done automatically Used carbonite in the past and it encrypted the files in such a way that they were unrecoverable Ideas nbsp

A:Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options?

Some ideas:

1. Purchase a cloud server service.
2. Look at Logmein Hamachi.
3. For backups, use a batch file and set it to run on schedule via Task Scheduler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/map-network-drive-to-cloud-storage-no-syncing-options.189232/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

A:HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, i have had my laptop for a year almost and i have had this problem most of the time. when i try and watch videos(youtube) the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it comes back on telling me that the "desktop driver stopped working and has recoverd". it also says "desktop manager stopped working and was closed." can someone please help?

system details:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core
CPU T4500
2.30ghz 2.30ghz

64 bit operating system
3gb RAM

A:My laptop crashes whilst watching videos

Please tell us more about computer brand and model, opeating system, etc.
You are missing software or drivers, usually free, than will enable proper operation when downloaded and installed from the maker of your computer, or your operating system.
It could also be resources limits such as memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-whilst-watching-videos.174546/
Relevancy 24.94%

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

A:Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-video-play-on-laptop-cd-dvd-drive-but-not-data-files.175583/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone Since my computer worked fine last years ago now its coming some damn problems My computer specs p qc gfx gb ram intel dual core e tb and crashes Games not others seventeam w Problem Some games crashes or i get some distorcion graphics while playing or after a video like go after menu And after that i must press ALT F doesnt work often or i have to restart pushing the button And usually i get BSOD probably memory idk it was so fast i have downloaded somes games to test out Payday The Heist if i play on low resolution it doesnt crash Trine got distorcion graphics and after bsod Might amp Magic Heroes IV cant Games crashes and others not even pass the after intro it crash on menu Mass Effect after min got crash Deus EX sometimes i got lag Games crashes and others not slow run game Duke Nukem Forever same got lag slow run game games that workout without Games crashes and others not problem Far Cry Wow League of Legends Diablo Beta Assassin Creeds Revelations very rarely i got crash or distorced graphics Things i ve done only Ive already updated my video card cleaned the ram slots ram Thigs i should do update bios motherboard any other suggestions or probably its the best to send my computer to tecnical assistance to solve my problems Thanks And english is not my second language nbsp

A:Games crashes and others not

Have you checked your GPU temps? It may be overheating while you play some games. Temperatures above 90 C or so under load would be worrisome. Also, a 500 watt PSU is not very much for a GTX 285. Nvidia recommends at least 550 watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashes-and-others-not.175415/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone, my computer crashes when I play games. The computer is still on, but the monitor says "no signal input"
any help would be appreciated, also i have attached a dxdiag file

A:Video crashes while gaming

Have you tried updating you Nvidia 9600 drivers from this website:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-crashes-while-gaming.175059/
Relevancy 26.23%

As a part time DJ i spend a lot of time playing the same laptop a Recording music from music in the same order so i was thinking what if i Recording music from a laptop could just sit down and record the tracks that i play Recording music from a laptop directly into one Recording music from a laptop big MP and then it would save me having to load and cue each track I use a program called ClubDJ Pro its a twin deck system with a predefined playlist i can usually just load a playlist and tell it to cross fade during the last quot X quot seconds of the song X being a set time between and seconds However i find some songs have an extended silence at the end that can when i first played them mess up the auto cross fade facility and as anyone will tell you silence is deadly when your doing DJ ing So is there a program i can use to either record directly from my program or use another PC or laptop to record onto i assume i would use the earphone out on one to the Line In socket on the other PC Laptop and then record onto that It would be good as it then means i can use different mixes of my own nbsp

A:Recording music from a laptop

you might use WavePad Sound Editor to remove the trailing silence

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recording-music-from-a-laptop.174560/
Relevancy 25.8%

My speakers are Logitech Surround Speaker Z506 and motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud5-b3.

I havent got a soundcard but I'm wondering why i cant use 5.1? and what sort of plugins/codecs i need for it? it used to work for my old machine using realtek HD and all 5 speakers work but for some reason my newer machine doesnt work, anyone can help or lead me to find a solution?

A:Speakers not using 5.1 when watching/listening to movies/music

What media player are you using and does it support Dolby 5.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-not-using-5-1-when-watching-listening-to-movies-music.174538/
Relevancy 21.93%

i think there is something wrong with my hardware..i have noticed that when ever i move the screen or move the laptop then it either freezes or crashes..

do you have any idea which hardware may be faulty??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-move-my-laptops-screen-it-freezes-or-crashes.171448/
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for the best headphones for gaming and music... Noise canceling preferred so I can use them in a work environment also. Planning on spending no more than $100. Don't need a mic I can just use a separate one.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

A:Choosing the best headphones? (gaming/music)

I'm considering using a few more dollars to get the Audio-Technica ATH-A700's, hmm what do you guys think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-the-best-headphones-gaming-music.171298/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a gateway laptop with windows vista. Sometimes when I plug in my printer a USB port the computer crashes. Then I have to take out the battery and put it back in to start it up again. It seems to do this more when I have my wireless mouse plugged in but still does it when no other devices are in use. Most of the posts I've seen are crash and automatic reboot. Not me! Any ideas?

A:Computer crashes when plugging in printer with no reboot

Sounds like drivers. particularly USB but it could also be motherboard USB controller drivers as well. Do you get Blue Screens? Do you have the latest drivers from Gateway installed for your particular model? Do you have Vista's latest Service Pack and drivers updated?

If not do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-plugging-in-printer-with-no-reboot.171195/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey there everyone on TechSpot...

Recently I upgraded from a Geforce 6800 GS to an ATI Radeon HD3850 (both AGP)
After having carefully followed all the steps required to install a new graphics card
(i.e. deleting of old drivers, installing the new ones etc.) I still get an error. In particular this one: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

I even contacted the manufacturer of the card (Sapphire) but they weren't of much help, giving me a constant list to do things that I had already done.

I uploaded the latest 2 minidumps that were created from the crashes to (possibly) help solve the issue. (edit) I also uploaded my dxdiag, in case my other system specs are gonna be requested.

Hope you guys can help me,

Greets

A:Radeon HD 3850 crashes

The AGP standard is getting old. How old is this PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3850-crashes.169840/
Relevancy 24.94%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm having some serious issues with my PC; I recently switched Motherboards to an M2N-SLI board with my Radeon HD 4880 graphics card. I updated my drivers and everything, but I still get crashes whenever I start a graphics intensive game (Portal 2, even CS:S) I'm not sure what it could be. Any help available?

A:Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

When you changed motherboards did you re-use the old hard drive? If so, did you reinstall Windows or perform a Windows repair? If neither, then try a repair first. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall Windows from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-4880-crashes-after-switching-to-m2n-sli-mobo.165104/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone As the title of this thread suggests I ve been having a problem with the connections tray of my laptop Essentially the light indicating Wi-Fi is on goes out and the taskbar icons that show me network connectivity stop responding Re-starting the computer regains functionality but before the computer shuts down I see an quot End Program - Connections Tray quot countdown dialog This only happens when I m using Wi-Fi and it occurs sporadically In an attempt to fix this problem I did both spyware and virus scans nothing was found I tried re-installing the drivers for my Wi-Fi card and that didn t fix the problem About this laptop - Dell Inspiron purchased in I upgraded the RAM in January of this year from GB to GB - OS Windows XP SP Information as provided by PC Wizard Platform Intel Centrino Mainboard Dell XD Chipset Intel i PM Processor Intel Core Duo T MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Omega Hard Disk FUJITSU MHW BH GB DVD-Rom Drive SONY DVD -RW DW-Q A Monitor Type XD W NX - inches Network tray Connections crashes Card Broadcom BCM x Base-TX Fast Ethernet Controller Network Card Connections tray crashes Intel PRO Wireless ABG Golan Network Connection Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack -bit DirectX Version c October Advice appreciated - Connections tray crashes Mage nbsp

A:Connections tray crashes

Download and run Superantispyware Free and run it. Tell us what it finds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connections-tray-crashes.163494/
Relevancy 29.67%

Okay, soo my computer's memory is full and I want to clean it out. I was wondering if it's possible to export my itunes library on a 1TB external hard drive, delete all the music off the computer than be able to sync my ipod while my hard drive is plugged in. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exporting-itunes-library-to-external-hard-drive.163025/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey Built a new computer a few days ago and seems to run ok accept for the rd time now the screen has gone all fuzzy and as i cant select anything on screen i can only assume system has crashed too This seems to happen randomly and normally crashes with screen fuzzy Computer after the computer has been running a while today it has been running for about hours then did it Im running off the on board graphics card on my ASUS p h M-pro motherboard i have a grapohics card which i will be using soon once the correct Computer crashes with fuzzy screen cables come for it Does anyone know if this is a faulty monitor or motherboard graphics issue im not running any games video when this Computer crashes with fuzzy screen has happened also have a psu infact the full spec is Motherboard ASUS P H -M PRO Processer - i Ram - Corsair x gb Powersupply - W Graphics Card - Gainward GeForce GTX Monitor - LG Flatron W nbsp

A:Computer crashes with fuzzy screen

I suspect at first look that your PSU is under powered but would need to check it. What is the model and make of the PSU. How many hard drives and what make are they and likewise for the CD/DVD drives. What version of Windows are you running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-with-fuzzy-screen.161878/
Relevancy 25.37%

I purchased a refurbished HP blank DVD-R on music not 11 Windows Player will Media burn DC Core Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Duo E GHz with a DVD -RW drive I am able to write music to a blank DVD-R using ImgBurn but Windows Media Player and will only write to a blank CD-R It will playback the DVD-R that I create on ImgBurn The DVD Device is HL-DT-ST Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R DVD RAM GH L The Operating System is XP Pro I had to purchase a DVD Decoder from Roxio in order to play a DVD movie in Windows Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R Media Player Is there something else that I need to purchase to write music on a blank DVD-R Or is there some setting that needs to be changed Someone suggested that WMP does not write to DVD-Rs but I have WMP on a PC with Vista and it writes to a blank DVD-R with no problem I wrote to the DVD-R on the Vista PC and I was able to read it on the XP Pro PC I just cannot write it on the XP Pro According to Microsoft WMP is supposed to write an audio file to a Data Disk nbsp

A:Windows Media Player 11 will not burn music on blank DVD-R

1. I would check current firmware version for the DVD and look for a firmware update
> Use Nero Infotool to see current drive info incl. firmversion and look if updates available

2. See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

3. You might also try a DVD+R disc

/* EDIT */
Oh! i also just noticed you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum. Next time please post in the forum for topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-player-11-will-not-burn-music-on-blank-dvd-r.160814/
Relevancy 22.36%

Basically I have a wnda3100 usb wireless adapter from netgear. The adapter has performed very nicely and just recently to take advantage of the wireless N, I upgraded my wireless router from a G to an N.

The problem that I have is that now when I try and use a torrent of any kind, the card will work for say 5 min then just suddenly disappear. Windows reports that there is a driver issue, but nothing more. In order to get things back up and running I have to physically unplug the usb and replug it back in.

I do find it coincidental that this all started to happen when I upgraded my router to an N router. But whats weird is that the problem is with my adapter. I have tried upgrading my drivers, with still no avail and there doesnt appear to be anything in my event logs.

A:Wireless card crashes

update the router firmware and see if there's a newer driver for the USB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-card-crashes.160467/
Relevancy 21.93%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey all RAID Crashes between to two setup non-system POST 1 disks. array a to Trying I just bought two of these Samsung HD UI drives and I wanted them to contain my miscellaneous files and documents music and videos I have my system partition set up on a Segate Barracuda GB SATA drive My mobo is an ASUS P E I can successfully set the bios to enable the controller and from within the Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST controller I can successfully see all three drives and successfully create an array with the two larger drives Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST My problem comes when I boot windows after this I am running win professional or business whatever it s called and when the little glowing balls of light that comprise the logo start to rotate around each other my system crashes back to POST No BSOD no error code Just a black screen followed by POST Windows then trys to repair itself unsuccessfully and eventually goes back to POST after failing the repair I removed the array and set the SATA back to enhanced IDE and it works again I also tried the one system drive without the other two drives even connected with the bios setting set to RAID and it also crashed I m guessing there s some conflict between my mobo s raid controller and my windows install Any thoughts EDIT My windows is bit BTW nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-setup-a-raid-1-array-between-two-non-system-disks-crashes-to-post.157786/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, i have a toshiba l300d satellite computer, however It keeps on Crashing at random times "when i mean crashing it as if someone was holding the turn on button" {when there is not} and when i try to turn it on again it will crash again

The only way i can stop this is if i leave it for 30 minuites or so and come back and then restart it, i have checked on many websites and rang toshiba but they could not help me.

If anyone could help please reply

Also when i first purchased the computer the battery lasted for 2 hours or so, and in the last year or so it has been maxed to 15 minuites on its battery i am not sure if this is linked to it but i dont really mind the small battery problem but anyways thankyou.
(also this is a problem with the computer to it is slow o.0)

A:My laptop crashes randomly and often

Shutting down after some period of use could be related to heat. The fact that it comes on after sitting for 30 minutes also points to a heat issue.

The battery life could be normal, rechargeable batteries lose the ability to hold a full charge after so many recharge cycles. You may just need to replace the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-randomly-and-often.156406/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi (budgeted) from music a Recommendations new recording building scratch computer for I would like to put together a computer with these software requirements in mind for reason record Intel P AMD Athlon XP at GHz or better multiple cores highly recommended GB RAM or more DVD drive GB free hard disk space Record may use up to GB cache disk space Windows XP SP Vista or later I currently have XP and would do Windows but I really don t care for Vista please don t figure in to the total and yes I will be getting a legal copy I would like to go the cheapest route Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music which I imagine would be building from scratch If I can stay under dollars that s Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music be best although spending a little more for a really nice system that will be good for a few years is favorable I found this as a starting point and would like to know the thoughts from the inside The only additional information I have is I have TB s that are waiting for a home Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music so I m not worried about storage and also the quieter the better as everything helps while recording Thank you very much in advance - Dinvex nbsp

A:Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music

You can do better with your budget. I recommend this:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - $57.99 + free shipping
GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3\AM2+\AM2 AMD 740G mATX AMD Motherboard - $53.99 ($51.99 with M-Club discount) + variable shipping depending on location
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $75.99 + $0.99 shipping
NZXT Beta EVO Chassis - CS-NT-BETA-EVO - $53.99 + free shipping
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM - $39.99 + $8.57 shipping
ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E Sound Card - $79.99 ($59.99 after $20 MIR) + free shipping
Grand Total = ~$380, not considering rebates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-building-a-new-budgeted-computer-from-scratch-for-recording-music.154550/
Relevancy 25.8%

i was watching some videos online and i tried to mute sounds from all the other stuff i was using at the tim and now i go back to my spotify and its says it cant play music because there is a problem with the sound card what do i do?

A:Spotify won't play music because of a problem with my sound?

Can you take a screen shot of the actual error message and post it? You might just have to re-install the sound card driver, but who knows you haven't given enough info yet to give you a good answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spotify-wont-play-music-because-of-a-problem-with-my-sound.155625/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a satellite that I've been playing WoW on for some time now. A few months ago it completely stopped working and would make this "metal ball dropping" sound, which I assumed was the HD failing. A few days later it was working fine, though it was saying I had a media failure, but started up an ran.

Last night while playing WoW it crashed completely and when I power on, the fan starts, then it clicks and powers off. Absolutely nothing happens.

I assume the motherboard is bad? Or could the HD cause this?

I've already ordered a new laptop, but was hoping I could salvage this one.

Thanks for any advice!

A:Laptop crashes instantly upon boot

you may be able to recover the hard drive, or your data, after your new system arrives.

i would suggest removing the hard-drive from the system,
then try to boot with your xp disk in the cd.

if you are able to get to the installation screens, then you know your hd was causing the problem.
If you are unable to get there, then you know that you have further problems than the hd.

The hd, can be checked by installing to a usb device (like a usb enclosure, which may or may not work) or more likely a device like apricorn's drive-wire! This will allow you to recover your data at least.

Check out LookingAround's tutorial here!
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic129757.html#post766270

Let us know the results of your efforts and we will go to the next step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes-instantly-upon-boot.153414/
Relevancy 21.93%

Here are my computer specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9750
-Ram: 8 GB
-Hard drive: 750 GB
-Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 integrated graphics.
- PSU: 250 watt

I play video games fine on my computer, usually around 30 FPS. But sometimes, my FPS will drop to around 2 FPS, and stay like that for about 2 minutes, then return to normal. During this, my computer runs very slow. Does anyone know why it's doing this? (This just started recently. I've had my computer for about a year.)

A:Sudden crashes when playing video games

Totally wrong power supply for the equipment listed...
Have you tried just trading out the power supply for one with over 500 watts and good connectors, for a short test?

Depending on the brand and model of the 750 GB hdd, that could be contributing to the problem...

The CPU and the graphics card will also have peformance sufferance with that power supply

When you replace it, get a first class, decent one... from the many posts here on techspot... There are about 10 brands that are good and 80 that are bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-when-playing-video-games.151617/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I bought a new laptop and it has a problem i discovered I cannot return games/programs in crashes screen 3d powerful laptop full at a the laptop as it already past the returning date days The problem is discovered last week after i installed lots of games My laptop crashes at full screen mode on any games i installed At first I blamed the game but after installing lots of games and tried every single one of them age of empires medieval tw COD black and white red alert etc After 3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop this I also tried to use some d programs like the ones built with the latest Nvidia SDK with Direct 3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop d and still crashes The crash to be specific is almost a crash to desktop CTD BUT weirdly it loads itself back and then loops again more like alt tabing when ur in game it s not sticky keys However the d programs like the one in NVIDIA 3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop doesn t alt tabs it s a complete crash and the windows will then try to resolve it which fails It s a bit powerful laptop and here are my specs Windows Home Prem bit Core duo t ghz gb ram ddr gb Nvidia Geforce gt m Supported by PhysX but Games requires DirectX so I installed it Would it clash I dont think so coz you can turn off the physX gpu and i tried that tb HDD Now the things that I have tried are Update install my video card driver chipset and was going to update my BIOS which is the latest so that s why i did not Installed the directX SDK and even tried the Direct x c I even clean up my system by reinstalling windows and everything I don t think it is a compatibility issues as I ve played these games on a different laptop with the exact same system my first laptop before I exchange it for it is has a faulty keyboard and same windows As you can see I am getting bad luck from where I bought my laptop Yes it is a refurbished laptop from a big name retail store I already contacted the Manufacturer and they couldn t help me because it involves third party software However I told them that I highly believe it is a hardware issue and the sick bastards replied with ask for advice from your local technician Wth I well try to settle a score with them tomorrow but for now I want your expertises nbsp

A:3d games/programs crashes at full screen in a powerful laptop

make sure all vents and fan intakes are not blocked, download and run HWMonitor and run a game and tell use all the min and max temps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-games-programs-crashes-at-full-screen-in-a-powerful-laptop.144224/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just got a new motherboard ASRock G M-S R a DDR GB RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GT graphics card which requires a minimum powersupply of w Ever since I had all these components installed I have been having problems installing an OS especially win It brings up an error in the middle of installation and then I d start over Eventually I installed the win but every other thing software or application I try to install brings up an error in the middle of the installation and most times after the error I get a bluescreen then the pc restarts I ve tried everything I tried installing with and without the new graphics card I ve tried installing with another RAM I ve tried installing on another drive etc still I get the same error I don t know what exactly is giving the problem whether it s the graphics card the RAM the motherboard the Hard-drive or the power pack I can t install anything and then the occasional crashes blue screen Please any advice it s driving me crazy nbsp

A:My computer crashes at will

My PC configuration is; Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 4400 @ 2.00GHz 1.95GHz
RAM: 2.00GB
32 bit Operating System
My Graphics Card Specs: BFG Nvidia GeForce GT 220
PCI Express, 1024MB(1GB) DDR3
Core Clock: 625MHz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-crashes-at-will.147482/
Relevancy 22.36%

We just had our new computer built and now we re having some issues We have a g C and a g D harddrive Asus M A -EM motherboard g Ram Modxstream-Pro power supply W and a GeForce GTS video card PCI express MB GDDR With Windows Pro -bit OS When we crashes when games New playing PC play games like Sims and Warhammer Online the New PC crashes when playing games system crashes between mins to an hour or so The screen goes black and acts like the computer has shut down but the fans go full speed and the power light is still on We took it back to our builder and he ran tests and stressed it with it never happening at his store He told us it was not an overheating issue but we re not sure and he s not exactly helping There are fans on the processor itself and those we can feel are still blowing cool air and there is no warning when it happens the screen just goes black It is clean of dust and debris has at least inches above and beside the case and since we live in the South the A C is on just about We have not had this problem when just browsing the internet or when it s idle turned on but no one is using it Both of these games worked properly on our old XP PC but since we ve brought this computer home we can t use it for what we bought it for We did install Steam for one of my husband s games but we have not had an issue with that game crashing I had heard rumors that Steam caused system crashes There is very little installed on this computer and it is only - months old No overclocking or anything is done It is strictly a internet browsing and gaming computer We have tried lowering our resolutions and still had the issue Any help is greatly appreciated We spent a lot of money on this machine and we want it to work properly nbsp

A:New PC crashes when playing games

What are the idle temps on your system?

I assume you have all the latest drivers installed for the GTS 250. It does look like a heat issue. Have you actually seen the PC working properly at your builder's? Also, since you've had the machine for 2 months, did the issues occur earlier or just recently?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-crashes-when-playing-games.147162/
Relevancy 25.8%

Music visualizer for media players

Any one have any preferences or suggestions for a good one of these. I have had a look at WhiteCap but wondered what else there was out there that was as good or maybe even better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-visualizer-for-media-players.146080/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone gaming Computer crashes during I just built a new computer here are the specs CPU i Mobo Asrock x extreme Ram gigs of G skill ram videocard xfx xxx PSU OCZ fatal ty OS windows bit anyways for the first week it was rock solid no problems I ran prime tests for hours went through every burn in test i could find etc and was really happy with how smoothly everything went I could even game no problem but I just did short sessions All the test showed up that there was no problem with the computer I purchased World at War and Battlefield Bad Company and after - games of each i usually get either a complete freeze where there are vertical grey line on the screen but i have also got a system reboot i was afk but my player was online and Computer crashes during gaming laying down and a black screen and freeze in BFBC It ALWAYS happens after - games of playing online I googled it and a lot of people are having problems with the card and running into the same issues I contacted XFX and they told me to uninstall the drivers and put in the that didn t fix it I changed my RAM settings to auto that didn t help I disabled my sound drivers and that test ended up in my computer crashing and rebooting itself during game play basically everything I do doesn t help This is seriously driving me crazy i have been up until am for the last week trying to Computer crashes during gaming resolve this issue I can only get it to crash during online gameplay althought it could just be that i can t sit through playing single Computer crashes during gaming player games long enough to get it to crash I am seriously bummed out Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do One thing I did notice but I don t know if it means anything is hardware sensors monitor shows the Aux under quot Voltages quot as red mousing over says max min - I don t think that is the issue but if anyone knows any help is appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer crashes during gaming

First thing I would do is set the RAM voltage and timings to what the factory spec is... should be a sticker on the side with this information. I usually don't rely on the "Auto" setting; it's better to put in the information manually.

There have been reports of the 5770 acting up but make sure you have unlocked the manual fan controls if you are using CCC (Catalyst Control Center) and adjust the speed before playing a demanding 3D application. I would also advise to install the latest C++ Redistributable Runtime libraries and make sure DX11 is up to date. I've had my share of freeze ups with games under Win7x64 and installing prerequisite software has helped for the most part.

I also want to bring up that if you have nvidia Physx installed (still required for some games even with an ATI card) you want to make sure that is up to date too. Some ATI users have reported some issues with outdated physx engines which is why i bring that up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-during-gaming.145400/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....

A:Building Music Production Computer

Rock4MUSIC said:

I have a budget of 500-550. The purpose for this computer is for music production. Ill be using cu base 5, ill be using vsti such as east west, toon track superior drummer,trillian etc. (To give you guys more of a visual) Ill be running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
Tomorrow ill look around for parts, prices, I just realize am better off of building my own unit.

As far as the mobo goes. I would like to get .....
500 gig hard drive
Graphics card. (I won't be doing any gaming, cheap one will be neat)
Motherboard (i need fire wire on it)
RAM (4-gigs) ddr2
Case (i need a case with good air flow)

Any suggestions , references....Click to expand...

I'm thinking that without gaming ambitions, the new Intel core i3 CPUs might meet your needs with their integrated graphics. These give pretty decent scores in
the Windows Experience Index, something like 4.9 for Areo, and 5.3 for business and gaming graphics. To the best of my knowledge, the matching H55/ H57 Intel chipset motherboards provide Fire Wire input.

You should first subscribe to Newegg's Email list, so you can grab your parts as they become available on sale.

Here is Intel's list of socket LGA1156 CPUs available at Newegg; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=2010340343 50001157 1051749233&name=LGA 1156

And the matching integrated graphics H55/ H57 boards in the Gigabyte brand; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...01314 1070549182 107173338&name=Intel H55/H57 Be sure to pick one with 4 memory sockets. (4 out or 5 do). I have this one; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

Please pay no attention to the bad reviews for this product, they were all written by imbeciles claiming, "high technical ability". I don't know squat about computers, and I had one of these systems up and running perfectly, with Windows 7 installed, in about 3 hours.

In fact, I'm hoping Newegg will offer "don't know squat" as a technical ability claim option. That way, I'll be able to check, "don't know squat", and report, "it works perfectly for me, 5 stars"!

Here is a test report done on a few of these boards at Techspot; http://www.techspot.com/review/259-intel-h55-motherboard-shootout/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-music-production-computer.145280/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a new-to-me desktop dell pentium windows xp pro SP dvd player tsst corp cdrwdvd ts-h no player music Dvd sound movie a cd, a with sound with has b also has samsung cd-rom sc- c software avast free malwarebytes spybot s d scan only spywareblaster currently off spywareguard currently off zonealarm free firewall hi techspot i am trying to solve another problem over Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie at bleeping computer having to do with streaming video on this computer i read about you--you were highly recommended for someone with a driver-related problem which this may be in trying to figure out my streaming video problem i tried out the cd player and the dvd player today for the first time the cd player works fine except sound is weak even at Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie top settings dvd player has pretty much the same sound as the cd player with a cd in it that is weakish sound When I put in a movie there is beautiful video but zero sound I tried a few different movies to make sure of the problerm other info default media player is wmp a former user seems to have used powerdvd i can play a movie using either wmp or powerdvd Neither have any sound i am happy to add new drivers etc but will need help Not sure if related to streaming video problem shuts down browsers explorer and firefox for you-tube and hulu as soon as video loads some short commercials ok video and sound appreciate ideas thanks wannabegeek nbsp

A:Dvd player has sound with a music cd, no sound with a movie

Sounds like you are missing some sound codecs, at the very least. Luckily Techspot can provide them for you...
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/615-klite-mega-codec-pack.html

Hope this solves your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-player-has-sound-with-a-music-cd-no-sound-with-a-movie.144849/
Relevancy 22.36%

I didn't have this problem before, so I have no idea why it still happens, even after I reformatted it to W7 32-Bit Ulti

Specs

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5550 @ 1.83GHz 53 C
Merom 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz 5-5-5-15
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0U990C (Microprocessor)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor @ 1280x800
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives
160GB Seagate ST9160827AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface) 41 C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Also, is it possible to change my Video Cards? I would...really, really want to. I've been told that its nigh impossible to change it..

A:Inspiron 1525 crashes every so often

May want to check in the event viewer to see if there is any pattern in errors. If there is nothing in there that appears useful you could check your RAM with either the Windows 7 checker from the disk or memtest86.

You aren't going to be able to replace your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1525-crashes-every-so-often.144754/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve been having issues with this computer for awhile It crashed randomly one day and we figured out that the motherboard had died so we bought a new identical one the P Q deluxe Upon installing that motherboard windows refused to boot telling us a recent hardware change messed up the install we attempted to reinstall windows but the install came up with a different blue screen every time I tried removing one stick of RAM and installed windows fresh on Motherboard Problem? Memory Deluxe, P5Q crashes a new hard drive without any problems I figured it must have been a bad stick of RAM so I took the working one out and tried the other and it worked fine with either but not with both I adjusted the slots I Motherboard Memory Problem? P5Q Deluxe, crashes had the RAM in putting the x g sticks into the leftmost two slots yellow then black instead of yellow empty black yellow empty black which is how I believe it was on the old board Motherboard Memory Problem? P5Q Deluxe, crashes Windows recognized all the RAM but now it crashes randomly giving me different errors Could this be a problem with the motherboard Some bluescreens that come to mind are IRQL less or not equal something about page faults most of them are too short to see the computer restarts After the last crash I checked the event view and saw this quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a xfffff x c x xfffff a cfd A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - quot Thanks in advanced mistashizzle nbsp

A:Motherboard Memory Problem? P5Q Deluxe, crashes

Have you tried raising or lowering the memory voltage settings in the bios a step or two?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-memory-problem-p5q-deluxe-crashes.144063/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I built my PC about a year ago now I initially ran it on Vista and then Windows more recently to try to solve the problem I played games on artefacts with + sound-loop Crashes the PC for about months without ANY issues on Vista The PC started to crash on new games to a screen covered in artefacts usually green and sound distortion - it was pretty much a sound-loop but it didn t just happen like Crashes with sound-loop + artefacts a sound-loop it lagged and sometimes I could hear things continue behind the now-chequered screen At was at first only games their graphics were not so good so I ignored it as a game flaw Godfather Prototype However then when I played Steam games I had the same exact crash sometimes with purple artefacts however instead of green So now in Windows which I pretty much bought to correct the error thinking it was Vista-related the problems persist I have no clue how to solve them few people seem to have my issue if any and Steam tells me to remove AV programs which I do and replace and the problems persist and I turn them off when I play I ve already replaced my RAM and my GPU once actually my CPU too I m at a loss but I m not good with hardware or compatibility drivers etc so could you guys take a look Regards nbsp

A:Crashes with sound-loop + artefacts

Hello Talanar:

Please provide us with the complete specs of your system (including casing + cooling solutions) & PSU model/make/power rating etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crashes-with-sound-loop-artefacts.142894/
Relevancy 22.36%

heres the problem..

my pc keeps crashing when playing games
it crashes after about 5 mins but sometimes can go around 2 hours or so. It doesnt matter what game I play. It only crashes when playing a game.

Ive checked for overheating cleaned out the case and the temp doesnt get much more than 50 on the GPU and CPU and the motherboard temp is around 40 degrees.

I have done a clean install of windows and it hasnt made a difference.

anyone got any ideas as to what may be the problem?

SPEC

nvidea 9800gt
intel q6600 processor
8gb ram
windows 7 ultimate 64bit (the problem is the same on vista home 32bit)
750w PSU
ASROCK n7ad-sli

A:PC crashes when playing games

when you install windows do you install your chip-set drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-when-playing-games.142909/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, I've been having problems recently with my EI-system 3103 It's got a Intel Celeron M 440, the problem is i turned this laptop on it boots fine fan slowley gets louder (blowing cold/cool air out) boot's up within 5mins cuts out and wont turn on for a minute, i installed Mobile Meter, CPU-Z, SpeedFan and the strange thing is it gets hotter from 65oC to 105oC but on speed fan before it shuts off the temp. say's it's -24oC then in 2-3 seconds it cuts out, opened it up seemed fine cool and i checked air ways. Yep ok.

Please help, i don't know what's wrong.

A:Computer Crashes, cpu at 105oC

Check power connector of the fan; it may be loose or something; also clear out any dust there may be.

If the fan still doesn't work the way it should, you will need to get it replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-cpu-at-105oc.142831/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey I ve a very annoying issue with my Computer crashes computer crashing Mostly it s whenever I m playing a game so far I ve been playing Call of Duty MW and World of Warcraft It happens like this - Computer crashes I startup the game and it runs fine for - mins Then the screen just freezes and nothing happens I m able to Computer crashes power it off and start it up again Sometimes it even crashes while loading windows I had a similiar problem before I bought a new motherboard - because we could not figure out what was wrong I upgraded the motherboard and everything was running great for a month I ve tried to test the RAM - but it seemed like everything were okay I haven t tried to test the graphic card or the processor Specs OS Windows professional x MB M A -AM SE RAM DDR - x Gb GPU ATI Radeon HD CPU AMD Phenom Quad-core Ghz I ve updated the graphic-driver today and I ve flashed the BIOS a couple of days ago to see if any changes appeared - nothing I hope you can assist Regards nbsp Computer crashes

A:Computer crashes

Or the PSU or RAM?

Well I have few suggestions for you:

1. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, and thoroughly review your system logs to see if you can find any clue to your issues.

2. To check RAM Download memtest 4 and run atleast 8 passes.

3. To check PSU you need a multimeter; check out all the connectors

4. Also check what are the temperatures of your CPU / GPU / motherboard etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes.142468/
Relevancy 21.5%

My computer is Computer gray with black randomly crashes and lines a custom made computer I made it about a week ago with ordered parts from Computer crashes randomly with black and gray lines newegg com I would be doing anything like for example browsing the web or playing a game or starting up and then suddenly it crashes When it crashes it either has black gray lines all over the monitor or completely freezes and has a looping sound that sounds like a microwave These are the SPECS OS Windows bit home premium Motherboard ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM Computer crashes randomly with black and gray lines AMD FX ATX AMD republic of gamers Graphics card XFX ATI RADEON HD CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ FBGMBOX RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PSU CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V Harddrive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive All drivers are updated for FYI Can anyone please help me with this problem nbsp

A:Computer crashes randomly with black and gray lines

gamobigz says....
has a looping sound that sounds like a microwave.

Have you tried to figure out which component may be making such noise, or is it coming out of speakers?

Also try checking system logs in Control Panel/Admin Tools / Event Viewer; may be something is being logged there which can help in giving clues what may actually be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-randomly-with-black-and-gray-lines.142088/
Relevancy 26.23%

My favorite music player is "Winamp Media Player"

1. Flash Music Player
2. sidebar music players
3. RealPlayer 10

What is your favorite music player?

A:Favorite music player?

i just use itunes, since most of the time I only want to have the music playing the bacground, i don't really care for the download options that it gives or the visualizer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/favorite-music-player.141715/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a strange experience with sounds lately I have no come background games of music sound How some different? idea why this happening or what is causing it but here it is How come some background music of games sound different? One day I was doing some light gaming on both my tower and laptop since both my computers meets the minimum requirements and while playing this game I heard some unusual sounds on both How come some background music of games sound different? my laptop and tower my laptop while playing the background music of the game seemed to be missing a couple or not few sound types in the game On my tower it sounded like it had an extra beat as if I could here that extra sound s with the background music playing I can t explain real good but to simplify this my laptop seemed to be lacking of some melody beats while my tower has it all and slightly deeper bass I turned my laptop speakers high yet no extra melody beat appeared I How come some background music of games sound different? did the same with the tower sounded the same as before but just louder I am sure I installed this game on both my computer successfully with no errors I reinstalled it again and same problem occurred I don t understand is the speakers more sensitive on the tower and giving it more variety of sounds or is the laptop speakers not so sensitive in outputting more variety of sounds Or both are wrong and it is just the matter of XP and VISTA or is it the software or drivers installed for the sounds Is something wrong with the speakers Do I need buy better ones Ones that s suppose to act normal nbsp

A:How come some background music of games sound different?

try updating your sound drivers first, then you might want to look into past problems others might have had with this games sound. Since this happened to both your computers at the same time it sounds like the problem is the game.

A simple test to see if your speakers are broke is just...play music on them. Does it sound fine? yes? then it's not your speakers

unfortunatly without knowing what game it is that you are talking about I can't really look into any problems others have had with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-come-some-background-music-of-games-sound-different.140704/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I have been having this problem for about months now When i purchased this barebone styled pc it was fine Then out of no where it would crash when i tried to play games It started fine i was able to play games Then it started to get worse and worse I sent it back into the company i bought it from and they said that it Crashes Computer was an OS error and that the hardware was fine I DO NOT BELIEVE THEM ONE BIT I just installed Windows The pc crashed and froze a few times while trying to Boot from CD to install windows When the pc freezes my USB logitech g mouse will turn off So i normally used that Computer Crashes as a way to tell if my pc crashed and if i wasnt able to wake it from hibernation Also the pc will crash and repeat a sound over and over most of the time it picked some strange noise to repeat I opened up Microsoft word and it also crashed Then after the reboot i opened word again and it was fine Specs Intel Core i GHz Quad Core K Intel Socket CPU fan MSI X Pro DDR Cross Fire GB LAN iEEE GB x GB PC DDR Triple Channel NVIDIA GeForce GT GB Western Digital RPM SATA UDMA m cache Hard Drive Cooling Fan Aluminum Internal Samsung LightScribe x SATA DVD Recorder Dual Layer R RW -R RW Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Wireless N MBs LAN USB Adapter Nikao Black Neon ATX Case w Temperature control front USB Computer Crashes amp iEEE Dual Case Fans mm DC fan two fans Corsair W ATX Power Supply SLI ready Thanks in advance I hope this problem goes away nbsp

A:Computer Crashes

Nice system, reset the bios to the default settings and see if the system stablizes...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes.137634/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am running XP/Win7 on my AMD 64 Athlon 3400+ powered Pavillion. I have an integrated Realtek AC'97 audio card and lately I've noticed that all music playback is choppy - whether it's iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Youtube. I've tried different speakers, headphones, etc., but reagrdless of the hardware I use, I still get the same problem. It sounds as if the music is being paused and then played very quickly throughout the song. I don't really notice it in Windows sound effects, but that may be because they are short in length. I notice this happening on both XP and Windows 7 and don't know why.

Please help!!!

A:Music Playback is Choppy

Try updating your audio and chipset driver. There could also be a program running in the background taking up to much memory or CPU cycles. If you listen to music alot you should get a dedicated sound card. You can get a really good Audigy on Ebay for under $15. Onboard audio is notoriously troublesome. Too many other things in the system can interfere with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-playback-is-choppy.132766/
Relevancy 21.93%

Specs Nothing Overclocked Except the crashes play online any Computer whenever I games Graphic Cards which are factory overclocked Windows Vista Ultimate Fully updated Asus Striker II Formula x ZOTAC GeForce GT MB AMP Intel Core Quad Computer crashes whenever I play any online games Q Kentsfield GHz GeIL EVO ONE GB x GB CM Stacker PSU Combo Western Digital gb Harddrive SupremeFX II Problem My computer can play almost any game that has an offline mode Crysis Call of Duty MW Call of Duty WaW ETC Games like that but when I try to play games like ACE Online WoW Cabal Online and basically Computer crashes whenever I play any online games any d online game The computer crashes after a random amount of time It freezes with a black screen and had a stutter sound of the last sound played I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this It all started happening after my Ethernet port started acting up Unidentified Network I m currently using a wireless connection seperate netgear to get online I m still trying to figure out what the main problems are I ve narrowed it down to either JAVA problems my Graphic Cards are having a problem with these games which I doubt or it has something to do with the Ethernet ports NOTE It s mainly when playing directly from the network AKA not private servers Usually private servers do not cause my computer to crash NOTE I ve also done a clean install but it always comes back to this If anyone has any tips or any way to resolve this annoying problem Can you please post it I m getting pretty fed-up with it nbsp

A:Computer crashes whenever I play any online games

Without actual minidumps or Blue Screen error codes I would guess your suspicions are correct. It sounds like either a) you need to update your ethernet/NIC card drivers or b) you have a failing NIC card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-whenever-i-play-any-online-games.135612/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello to all I built a computer specifically to operate my modest home studio years ago It smoked at that time with Win K Gig music build computer Multi-channel of RAM and LVD SCSI RPM drives It cost a bundle to build and has lasted me until the lightning hit it a few weeks ago Also blasted was my Echo Layla audio interface and my Cubase USB dongle Data was fortunately backed up I wish to build a new box from the ground up The insurance company paid me for the fried machine I wish to spend this money building another box that will last Multi-channel music computer build me for a long while as well Throughput is key of course as is graphics speed bit architecture and boatloads of RAM I have a NewEgg order all set to place Here tis -- ww eddiecurrents com ComputerBuild order jpg -- the system would not let me post a link I am ready to press the quot place order quot button I THINK I can do away with LVD SCSI as I believe that SATA II drives even RPM ones will do what I need I very seldom exceed - tracks at a time and if I have the math right SATA II should do but I am having troubles locating data on actual throughput I administer a huge database among many other things The data is pounded daily by hundreds of live connections as well as over the internet I am very familiar with throughput but find that it s not much of a consideration for MOST people gamers power Multi-channel music computer build users graphics and video designers I really want to spend the money ONE time here and am sure there are some great ideas out there on how I can improve or even cut corners Cubase comes with both the and bit versions Soundforge and Acid also should run fine on bit Vista Windows Ultimate when available Gotcha s like sound interface software though can be a headache What other systems are out there I will never buy quot off the rack quot so who s built a mohuncher of a music editing system I was just told I don t need an I and who needs or Gigs of RAM Me that s who I have used RAM disks for years and send all my temp files and editing files to it I d like to set up two RAM disks each large enough to contain the contents of a standard DVD Gigs With Gigs total this is no problem Thanks for your input in advance I ve got a few days left before I will blow this money and any help is VERY much appreciated LoMan eddiecurrents com nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-channel-music-computer-build.135474/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have been having Radeon to Have or underclock crashes core 4850 PC a problem with my for a while now When I play Crysis Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes Mass Effect or occasionally when I play Fallout or Oblivion I will get several types strange crashes unless I underclock the core to for Fallout and Oblivion or for Crysis and Mass Effect The crashes vary sometimes I just get a black screen but the sound continues and I can shut down my pc with the keyboard but others I just get a Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes black screen and the sound will stutter for a few seconds and it just Ether goes black or projects black or a color and a bunch of vertical lines that are usually green At first i thought it might be the drivers So I waited for and it did happen a lot less but i would still get crashes in Crysis and Mass Effect but the drivers made it a lot worse and lowered my frame rates so i went back to I had also tried cooling and fortunately I had an accelero s from my last card so I got some zalman copper heatsinks and put them on but it still crashed even with all temps below c I did find out that I can still overclock the memory without any instability I have been looking this problem up constantly for the past few months and even though other people had the same problems none seems to have found a solution other than underclocking Some of the people had replaced or sent the cards back to Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes the manufacturer but they continued to have the problem Though I someone suggested it was because of the motherboards only supporting pciex instead of but unfortunately I don t have the money to get a new motherboard to test that It also happens in furmark but not in dmark vantage My system specks are in my profile aside from the gpu clock which was before I had tried it in games Would overvolting the card help nbsp

A:Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes

have you turned the fan speed up on the card? also thats an xfx card just make them repair it or send ya a new one. i have a 4850 and play crysis and fallout no problems at 685 core so dont know why your having a propblem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-underclock-radeon-4850-core-or-pc-crashes.128538/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all I d be greatly appreciative crashes Video-heavy of some assistance My computer has gotten into the habit of when I m running applications that toll heavily on the video card it shuts down completely without warning When I m rendering edited video in Sony Vegas dealing with large files in Photoshop CS playing a graphic-heavy game like GTA SA or even if I have a couple browser tabs open with Flash content in them which is odd because as I understand it in-browser Flash doesn t call on the video card it turns off The reason I suspect the video card or drivers is that those are the only instances when I have restarts and only once I got a blue screen error message mentioning the video driver I m foolish and didn t make note of the exact error and I only ran across it once To make sure my bases are covered recently I replaced the video card GeForce GTS mb from a GT mb uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers when doing so all the heatsinks and fans are clear of debris I replaced the power supply upping the wattage the memory s been replaced recently all virus scans end up clean and I reformatted the main drive and reinstalled everything Video-heavy crashes Still the problems continue Short of more drastic measures I m a little stumped Specs XP Home Edition SP Intel Pentium CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Nvidia GeForce GTS mb Any help or point in the right direction would be really wonderful Thanks nbsp

A:Video-heavy crashes

Can your check the Windows error logs and post back please.

You've done just about everything I would suggest. Let's hope the logs tell us something.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-heavy-crashes.134947/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there this isn t really for me - I Ient my girlfriend s old computer to a friend and he s been experiencing problems with sound When using winamp sometimes after or sound some using Stuttering/disappearing games playing when winamp a while the sound stops working But winamp appears Stuttering/disappearing sound when playing some games or using winamp to not actually be playing songs Like you ll click a song and equaliser bars go flat and don t measure sound like when a song is playing with the bass treble or whatever going up an down with regards to what s happening in the song So it s not like the song is playing and no sound is coming out - the song is refusing to Stuttering/disappearing sound when playing some games or using winamp play Stuttering/disappearing sound when playing some games or using winamp This problem is worse when playing pro evolution soccer on mute with winamp in the background He says when he s playing COD that the sound stutters and does it with increasing frequency and then eventually stops This mostly happens when there s a lot happening on screen Restarting the whole machine seems to sort it out with regards to winamp but sometimes just restarting call of duty fixes the sound issues I remember having similar problems with operation flashpoint about years ago but can t remember how I sorted it He has windows xp home SP p ghz onboard graphics onboard sound I told him it might be an overheating issue and to take the case off the computer and clean the dust out could it be slightly more serious like the northbridge cooler gone bad Or is it a windows driver problem I know there s not a lot of info here I ll have to have a proper tinker with it and get exact info on graphics sound and directx etc Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Stuttering/disappearing sound when playing some games or using winamp

Well the onboard sound is actually controlled by the South Bridge chip I believe; from what it sounds like (no pun intended) the drivers could be out of date. Winamp is usually super-reliable so I would check which version he is running and maybe give that an update, which is free. Also, make sure DirectX is up to date and have him run dxdiag to run the sound tests. START > Run > type dxdiag in the bar...

Personally, I would just invest in a dedicated sound adapter. You can get a decent Creative card for around $30 now and the sound quality would be much better anyways.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuttering-disappearing-sound-when-playing-some-games-or-using-winamp.133988/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello a year ago I have upgraded my years old computer with faster processor graphics card and new PSU After a week the first problems started I wasn t able to play games normally because they usually crashed with errors computer Continuous crashes like agp textures acceleration error insufficient memory I could not restart games immediately or any other program I couldn t even restarted computer so I did reset it There were also some bsod Meantime I tested old componests and mix configurations bought another graphics card updated bios bought new battery tested memory with memtest and in shop service etc Recently computer crashes couple of times a day up to ten times Usually it freezes so I must do reset but sometimes I get bsod Windbg Continuous computer crashes reports usually look like the one attached with the same arguments Yesterday and today I Continuous computer crashes tested memory sticks in different slots and together with memtest Memtest reported no memory errors but computer was freezing all Continuous computer crashes the time Twice memtest was stopped with quot Unexpected Interrupt - Halting I suspect motherboard problem I am not sure I am really confused and tired of looking for answers in the internet Can anybody find solution and error from windbg report Thank you I appreciate your help nbsp

A:Continuous computer crashes

Motherboard is a possibility, as are Power Supply, CPU or even memory issues.
I see you have tried different combinations with your memory:
Have you tried removing one of your ram sticks (leave only one in the machine) to run Memtest?
Have you checked pc health stats (Temps and Voltages)? Your bios may have settings to do this.
You say that you upgraded to a faster cpu... if you are overclocking it, you may be pushing the MB past its limits.

Route44 or one of the others may have further insights.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/continuous-computer-crashes.128993/
Relevancy 22.36%

Gday Ever since I did a clean install of my OS Win k I have been getting nothing but grief when I play Warcraft This game is not a graphics intensive game and the reason I went with gt is because it uses GeForce crashes with Random 9500GT heat pipes Random crashes with GeForce 9500GT as opposed to a fan My old GeForce XT fan became too much Random crashes with GeForce 9500GT for me to listen Random crashes with GeForce 9500GT to Anyway back to the problem I am having usually mid game all the graphics become corrupted Today however I had just started to host a game and my graphics went ape Normally an alt tab out of the game which takes forever fixes the problem Then once the game finishes I reboot my PC Today my whole PC locked up I ended up having to give it a warm boot I have tried unistalling the drivers and reinstalling them the problem still persists I also noted that on this clean install the CD installed PhysX When I replaced my old card with the new one it never gave me an ounce of grief other than the time it took to alt tab out of Warcraft I have since upped the FPS to to see if this will stop the corruption it was on the default mhz I have also now deleted all signs of PhysX in a hope that it would fix it alas it didnt I am now totally out of ideas and am looking going backwards with a GeForce GS The other alternative I have which I am not keen on is to reinstall my old GeForce XT minus the fan Any ideas as to why all of a sudden I am getting these crashes N B The corruption only occurs when I am playing Warcraft OS Win k AMD Athlon x nbsp

A:Random crashes with GeForce 9500GT

Have you checked the gpu temps, these can commonly cause crashes. Download something like evga precision and you can check the temps of the card.

How is the case airflow, the card doesnt cause a whole lot of heat, but if your case is cramped with not much airflow it can cause your system to constatly shutdown or crash as you call it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-crashes-with-geforce-9500gt.131745/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey! My comp can play music but when I play DVDs or run .avis I only get background music and the vocal audio is so low it's almost muted. I can't figure it out. I have DivX installed and AC3Filter as well but I use WMP and Cyberlink PowerDVD, no vocals from either. Do I need codecs? How do I find out which I need?

A:Music Plays / No Vocals in Movies / Background Music Plays

I've been able to boost sound with the AC3Filter and get DVD vocals now through WMP but I still am not getting any vocals from my DVDs when played through my Cyberlink PowerDVD. Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm missing a codec or something but I can't figure out what. The website I used to go to to download audio codecs for WMP11 looks down for the count so I'm at a loss.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-plays-no-vocals-in-movies-background-music-plays.131473/
Relevancy 26.23%

Bought my wife a Sylvinia SMPK4068, 4gig MP3 player. My son has a zune and an account. He was able to download to an OPEL RCA MP3 player with no problems from the zune site. However when we try to down load to the Sylvinia it states it's a bad file type or can't download subscription. This is a plug and play device with an disc included for conversion of AVI files. Any suggestions? Like all the options of this unit for the price just the problems with downloads from the zune site.

A:Help with music downloads on my wife's MP3

I thought that site was strictly for zune users, as I own one myself, i know you cant go hooking an ipod up to it either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-music-downloads-on-my-wifes-mp3.131381/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,
please does anyone know how I can resolve this problem? My friend's USB port keeps crashing USB hard drives.
once plugged in, the drive functions normally and after a few minutes, he system notifies me of a corrupt directry and that is the end of the drive. crashed and won't work again. Please any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-port-corrupts-and-crashes-my-usb-hdd.131075/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi everyone; I have a dell D630 that I started having problems with about 2 months ago, in the middle of normal functions vertical rows of small green bricks would appear, followed shortly by a crash. Then, I can power it back up but the screen will remain black. It lights up, the pixels are obviously functioning but it is black. Every once in a while it will work again but only for about 1-5 min and the green lines will come back.

This happened shortly after I had it outside during a construction project where it may have gotten some dust in it or something... I am guessing this is relevant?

I have tried blowing everything with a little keyboard cleaner air can, but that is all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

A:Green lines/bricks, crashes, powers up but no screen display. Dell Latitude D630

Hi bbblades222,
is that onboard video, or a card? the green lines,bricks, etc sound like an overheating problem, most likely vram. also you indicated that you had to recently move your machine, try re-seating your graphic card (if you have one) . and welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-lines-bricks-crashes-powers-up-but-no-screen-display-dell-latitude-d630.130921/
Relevancy 25.8%

For whatever reason nothing will buffer here at home (youtube, myspace, etc) after a few seconds. It'll start out working fine and then just stop buffering.

We have a wireless network here so we can share a printer. I've tried all the computers in the house (Vista, XP), multiple browsers (Firefox, Explorer, Chrome), disabling the firewall, and clearing browser data. Nothing has helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Computers Won't Buffer Video/Music

try uninstalling flash and install the newest version here
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-wont-buffer-video-music.129953/
Relevancy 21.93%

ok i hope i am even using the correct terminology here i purchased this computer days ago days passed the return Satellite Toshiba A215-S4747 Crashes policy otherwise bestbuy would be eating this thing hard and fast through their teeth first i noticed when i was looking at the screen that tells you what the MB and GB that there was a slight discrepency and i know so little about computers there may be a perfectly reasonible explanation anyway the laptop says i have GB but i should have is this a non-issue but Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Crashes the real problem is this i will be emailing searching watching a video that i have downloaded playing a game you get the point and one of two things will happen --the screen just goes blank the blue lights on the keyboard indicate the computer remains plugged into outlet the on light is lit but the processing light is on but nothing is happening it is as if the computer is off the fan will shut off and no amount of button pushing changes things the only way Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Crashes to get anything going again is to shut the computer off manually and then turn it back on things act normal from there on for quite a while --this one is a little strange all of the above takes place only i don t have a blank screen i get a black screen with vertical grey stripes it s very dizzying the whole thing is a bit on the perplexing side and like i said before if only i had found the reciept prior to now and if only i had listened to my gut and taken it back the first time it happened but i was told it was simply the mcphee security that it was doing too many updates or something and eating up space or something and i needed to delete it off my laptop and purchase something more laptop specific all i have Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Crashes to say is HELP nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Crashes

I am familiar with your computer. Based on what we see in our shop, I suspect the problem may be inadequate memory capacity.
I am sure you didn't mean to report the memory as 182 GB vs 200 GB as that would be an enormous amount.
I suggest you download and run the free Belarc Advisor or Everest Home. Either program will inventory your computer and tell you what working memory it finds.
Tell us what the inventory says.
If you have less than 512 MB, you simply do not have enough memory for that machine. If you have more than 1 GB, then memory is OK, and we must look elsewhere.
Even though your return privilege is up, you still have warranty rights.

But whatever the cause, I would use download AVG Free Antivirus and free antispyware. Then remove the free 90 day version of McAfee Security, using Add and Remove Software in the Control Panel. Once McAfee is removed, install the AVG software. It is free, and very good, and will not abuse resources the way your McAfee does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a215-s4747-crashes.87485/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I m running an Asus p k motherboard with nv geforce desktop whenever i run any ram intensive mostly video games team fortress WoW Left Dead etc etc my computer crashes Most of the time my computer completely shuts down as soon as i launch the games In running apps Comp ram intensive crashes when are reponse to that i ve tried scanning the hard drive cleaning out all the dust within the tower with canned air and many other things until i tried lowerng running the games while Comp crashes when ram intensive apps are running windows is on powersaving mode While running on max power saving mode on the AI suite by asus comp doesn t crash when the games start up but crashes awhile after say min I m wondering what wrong with my tower and how much am i looking at in order to fix it What the little knowledge in hardwares for PC i m guessing somethings wrong with the power supply can anyone helps Edit Another guess of mine is that electricity isn t being supplied throughout the tower evenly Much Thanks Derrick nbsp

A:Comp crashes when ram intensive apps are running

Replace the power supply first... Don't go too cheap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-crashes-when-ram-intensive-apps-are-running.129491/
Relevancy 21.5%

This is my situation I was using the Radeon until it overheated and suffered from Graphical Artifacting I then came into possession of a new variant of the exact same card the Radeon except with a fan instead of a heatsink Now my problem is crashes Radeon and 9550 ATI Card driver issues GFX that my computer crashes at a very bizarre pattern can crash once in hours after that times in minutes with this ATI Radeon 9550 GFX Card crashes and driver issues card installed After the crashes alot of the time I had to reinstall the drivers and after the crashes it would state that the drivers were the root of the problem I ve reinstalled many of my drivers including the Omega drivers for ATI Radeon 9550 GFX Card crashes and driver issues the card at www omegadrivers net and with that driver the card lasted for a very long time before freezing and crashing granted the installation did seem to hang for a bit so I had to cancel it however it said that the installation was complete when I did this I don t know the make or the specs of my mobo but the GFX card is AGP x Thank you so much if you can help me I really want to get back to my normal gaming life Thanks in advance John nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9550 GFX Card crashes and driver issues

you can download SIW a freeware utility and it will tell you what hardware is in your system.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

what kind of cooling do you have for the case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9550-gfx-card-crashes-and-driver-issues.52436/
Relevancy 22.36%

I 9550 Radeon lot crashes ATI a just installed an ATI Radeon 9550 crashes a lot ATI Radeon Video card and its been crashing so much with my games I get seconds into each game and the screen goes black and the monitor goes ATI Radeon 9550 crashes a lot to sleep then i have to restart my computer can you please help Ill put some info from my dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MONTIEL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English ATI Radeon 9550 crashes a lot Regional Setting English System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model PJ AA-ABA A N BIOS Rev Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon X Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF- - A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9550 crashes a lot

Go ahead and update XP to Service Pace 3 and where did you get the video drivers from? If off a supplied CD go to AMD/ATI's support website and download the latest XP Catalyst and video driver from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9550-crashes-a-lot.119739/
Relevancy 22.79%

In COD WAW the game will just freeze up, the walls flicker someplaces, and matinence on the HDD won't work either, it goes back to the "press start" screen with an error message, it's basically "Problem reading storage, clean disc."

Before i had a HUGE lag on Xbox Live, and then a "Script" error,
"Syntax error
Script, " ", error
check console"

The xbox worked on every other game, the dashboard crashed on xbox live, only,
we resolved that.

Please help.

A:Xbox 360 WAW crashes

Your XBOX power supply may be overheating or it may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-waw-crashes.127774/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi Guys st post from me thanks for any help in advance I recently had my pc repaired and wiped clean and the factory software re-installed by a local techie It was a bit expensive to get it done regularly crashes PC but I had viruses that disabled various part of the pc the network connections and also the keyboard I couldn t type anything on the keyboard plus the power supply was faulty too anyway I got it back a couple of months ago and its PC crashes regularly still crashing regularly I ve ran plenty of virus scans and find nothing Some of the posts in here lead me to believe I may have faulty ram I have been advised to upgrade my ram to gb from mb There is a video application on facebook called watch this video which my pc really doesnt like and crashes regularly yet I dont have any trouble with a similar site youtube can somone take a look at the two logs I posted to determine if it could be a ram problem please One is a zip of dump files The other is a log from everest which analyzes my pc not sure if this one will be a help to you Thanks Again nbsp

A:PC crashes regularly

hello robowen...
I have read your note, and I started to look at your report... I will review the minidumps for what may be learned there.
Meanwhile, here is what I am noticing...
First... the temps of your CPU and Mainboard look to me to be on the high side...
You may want to research what the acceptable temps are for your board and cpu... (You may be okay... I just thought it worth looking at). I rethought this part of my note after the Minidumps.

More importantly, at this point is what you tell us in the your note... You did have malware. You paid to have it removed.
Unfortunately, we do not know (and unless they told you, neither do you) exactly how thorough this cleanup was.
I would strongly suggest going to the Virus and Malware section...
http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html
read the three stickies at the top and then follow the eight steps...
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

While you are getting started there, I will review your minidumps.
If you run into trouble, or find virus/malware with the 8 steps, start a new thread there.
Make note of it here, so we know what you are doing.

Additional Analysis:
Because the the information below, I am going to strongly suggest checking temps! You may have a cooling issue.
But... the fact remains that Virus or Malware may be causing problems too! I think this especially likely since Zonealarm and Firefox are implicated in your dumps, suggesting that Malware is causing them to misbehave.
So, I stand by my initial recommendations.

Minidump analysis....
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: zlclient.exe
MISALIGNED_IP:

Per MS (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063)

Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.Click to expand...

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS_NAME: vsmon.exe
MISALIGNED_IP:

per MS (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842465)

This problem occurs if one or more of the processors in the computer:

* Require a microcode update that is not applied by the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS).
* Are damaged or defective.
* Are operating outside their specified ranges for temperature, power, or other conditions.Click to expand...

MISALIGNED_IP:

Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.Click to expand...

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
MISALIGNED_IP:

MISALIGNED_IP:
See above

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-regularly.127423/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this.

We have a Network running on a WRT-110, fairly new router and, at times, 4 laptops all Vista. Any 1 laptop can connect no problem to the network. As soon as any of the other laptops attempt to join the network, the entire network crashes.

Thanks in advance.

A:If more than one connect, network crashes

Well I'm pretty good but not that good. At least until I graduate Physic school!

More info/details?

What have you done to attempt a fix?

Do you have any wired computers, like a server?

How do you confirm entire network crashed condition?

Are you positive it is not just one computer?

And what do you mean by connect? Just the act of finding available networks, or that works and it happens when trying to connect to a Shared folder, or all works until someone tries to connect to the Internet!

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-more-than-one-connect-network-crashes.125896/
Relevancy 21.93%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 22.79%

Heya crashes gaming PC while everyone To start with st post yay Now on to the problem About months ago I started having a problem while gaming I could play any games before that with no problems My computer will freeze up colours go funky and I can t exit out besides resetting It will only happen on quot high-end quot games namely Left Dead Guild PC crashes while gaming Wars WoW and surprisingly it also happens on Google Earth Yet I can play games like Red Alert and Age of Empires CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz Motherboard Gigabyte S GA-EP -DS P Ram GB DDR x GB GPU NVidia GeForce GT PSU Not sure exactly but i think its a CODEGEN W ATX V at least thats what the label says P OS Windows XP SP At first I thought it was overheating then I thought it was the Power supply Can anyone help me and yes I know I don t need that extra GB of RAM on XP slowly upgrading the computer piece by piece nbsp

A:PC crashes while gaming

Firstly make sure you have the latest nvidia driver... 182.08 at time of writing this.
Does your power supply have a dedicated pci-e feed or are you using the 2 molex to pci-e adapter?
If you are using the molex adapter try connecting them to different feeds from the psu. Low power getting to the card can cause your symptoms...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-while-gaming.124881/
Relevancy 22.36%

sorry if this has been posted twice there was some kind of error when I was submitting as if I haven t got enough problems with PC s I dont know exactly whats happening here but for a while now crashes games Computer during whenever I play on any videogames on my PC after about sometimes minutes the system completely freezes up and I have to manually reboot I can be playing any game old or new and eventually the on screen images freezes then i hear pops and clicks then the screen goes blank this started happening about the same time I bought F E A R since then its happened to all of them GTA Warcraft Hitman the first one I can only assume its videocard related Computer crashes during games but could be wrong i ve run DXDIAG and everything checks out updated the sound and video drivers but to no avail anyone have any ideas what could be the problem it only happens during games and at no particular point I ve attached a copy of my DXDIAG Report any help or advice would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Computer crashes during games

Read the links in my sig for starters. Generally when a 3D game crashes a PC, it's either poor PSU or overheating. It can also be HDD or RAM failures but then these would show up randomly anytime.

Post back with your system specs, mobo, CPU, video card, PSU and the amps on 12 and 5V rails. You can get the amp info off the PSU label. See the pic example in my sig LABEL. For your other specs you dwnload CPU-Z

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-during-games.51435/
Relevancy 22.79%

for some strange unknown reason my pc keep crashing. ive no idea whats causin it. whats actually happenin is once booted the screen freezes, no input works, mouse or keyboard etc. this happens sometimes during boot, an at random times. longest its been up is 5h2m.

things ive tried-- removed graphics card, removed sound card, disconnected other IDE drives (HDD an DVD/cd), tried new psu, tried default ps/2 mouse any keyboard. tried takin ram out an swappin it around the slots.
apart from changin mobo an cpu ive run out of ideas.

anyone got any ideas?

oh yeh an its not a virus as ive even formatted an used 2 diff HDDs still same problem

A:PC crashes for no reason

Test the RAM with Memtest. Best to try this overnight, unless you expect a freeze within a few minutes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-for-no-reason.123878/
Relevancy 22.36%

My computer tends to crash after I play WoW for about hours It s always the same error the game fails after of play crashes Game 2h approx. to load one image until the entire game either freezes or my whole system freezes and is forced to reboot If I catch the problem early enough If I see an image fail to load I can quit the game and my comp is fine If I try to start the game again without reboot it WILL crash I m using the following Ghz intel pent processor HIS radeon excalbur mb gfx card Game crashes after approx. 2h of play GB RAM x mb x mb I had the same problem before I upgraded memory I was only using mb before but it happened a lot more Game crashes after approx. 2h of play often about every minutes before This doesn t happen with anything else But then again I don t do anything half as intense with my computer I just want to know what the problem is and how to go about fixing it I haven t been able to get any advice from anywhere else I thought it was the memory but I doubled the memory and that didn t help much It feels as if my computer doesn t clear out some temporary memory somewhere as often as it should so the comp can t take it and crashes In which case it might just be my gfx card is too weak What do you think nbsp

A:Game crashes after approx. 2h of play

Sounds like your original 512MB stick of RAM might be faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-crashes-after-approx-2h-of-play.124197/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys.
Basic problem is that my computer freezes every time i start a game. I'm assuming this has something to do with the video card.

My steps so far have been to format my HD and re-install windows vista. I have not connected to the internet since re-installing windows so I am almost certain I have no viruses.

The problem occurred whilst playing a game, the computer froze and was totally non-responsive - even to ctrl+alt+del.

Sometimes when I switch it on, it loads up until the login screen which stays blank.
I have found that I can start it up successfully in safe mode.

My specs are as followed:

Manufacturer: Dell Inspiron 531
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.81 ghz
RAM: 3582mb
System type: 32-bit OS
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS

If you need anymore info pls ask
Thanks

A:PC crashes whenever I try and play a game

Yep, i downloaded the latest from the Nvidia website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-whenever-i-try-and-play-a-game.123930/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have the machine with specs below It crashes terminally power off after a brief quiet whirr very close or identical to an intended shutdown More so during games especially my now barely played Empire Total War My video card has the latest drivers and the PC crashed when they were not so new I intend to see what the power supply is but with GT graphics card not being very power hungry I doubt that it is a problem Overheating The PC is noisy when starting then goes to a normal purr so not sure about fans being crashes randomly and games PC in tired but any suggestions would be welcome till I get a Windows PC and a year support deal cheap now for peace of mind The specs incidentally it says my dvd is PC crashes randomly and in games sony but its now a liteon but I don t thiink PC crashes randomly and in games that is the problem ------------------ System Information I have the full dxdiag but can get this part in Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC System Model A N X BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS A D amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF- D D- C A C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x A D Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D ModeWMV B ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Descriptio... Read more

A:PC crashes randomly and in games

If you know it's not power (and you can't be sure unless you have tested the PSU with a tester tool and multimeter) and it's not heat, then check your ram with memtest 86+

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-randomly-and-in-games.123769/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey there guys im kinda new around here so im gonna be as brief as possible, the thing is that i want to configure my MIC so for example if im playing Counter Strike or Natural Selection everyone from that server can here what im listening to right? in fact is it possible to transmit music through my MIC or somehow but i need to do that i have no doubt about it cuz i know there is a way to do it but im not that so aware about it so i though u guys could help me alright so i expect some help on this Thread and thx a lot for helping me out.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Brady.

A:How to Configure MIC to transmit music through it?

can someone help me out with this please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-mic-to-transmit-music-through-it.122663/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello TechForum Well I just registered and that s itself Computer crashes by because I have a problem with my computer and I believe you guys can help me out with this This has been happening for quite sometime now Since I believe I can fix any problem on my own but it seems to me that I ve proven myself wrong Not too long ago my PC has been shutting off by itself I have a HP Pavilion PC The big button used to start up my PC blinks forever if I don t unplug the cable out of my panel Note that the crash does not happen alot it just crashes once a day mostly from being on alot So I didn t really pay attention to this Though I knew something may be wrong I m an intense gamer I love Computer crashes by itself games alot either it would be console or the computer itself So you can see that problems might be abit common Computer crashes by itself since I play alot of intense MMORPG games that take up CPU greatly Before while my PC crashed only once I was playing a game that took up ALOT of ram Though I seemed fine Then I tried out another game what I noticed was it was crashing as soon as I began playing the game Which scared me alittle seeing my PC surrendering like that to a game So what I though was maybe my PC is just clogged up with dust I ve had this PC for years so far and I haven t cleaned anything or changed anything The processor heat sink cpu fans everything is the same when I bought this PC So what I did was uncrew the case of my panel of course the PC was off and unplugged and I simply started to clean out some dust Noticing how clogged up my fans and panel was with dust I used a cotton swab to collect the dust Not wanting to screw something up with my fingers Now when I placed back the case I noticed that this issue has gotten severely worst I cannot even run a simple MB game thats low graphic without crashing I m a music fan and I cannot even run iTunes This has been happening since Monday this week I was simply trying to investigate this issue but there s nothing that seems suspicious that may cause this problem I cannot even stay on this forum long enough to post this post I m currently writing all of this in Notepad to quickly post it in a board Although for some reason I can run MSN Messenger fine along with all the processes that run at startup Other sites work fine I m sure it isnt anything to do with network connectivity What happens is when it crashes the button that I push that starts up the PC Not my moniter button which is very small The panel button which is big The panel button has a blue light at the back It s not blue it self but there is a blue light on behind the button When the computer crashes the moniter completely shuts off the that panel button blinks NOTE that the blue light blinks It will not start up the PC at all The only thing I got to do is unplug the cable at the back of the panel Even with the plug unplugged it still blinks for a while Which scared the hell out of me seeing it has no electric energy to show any light at all Then when it stops I plug the cable back in the computer turns on automatically NOTE IF I start the PC as SOON as it crashed it will crash as soon as I even boot the computer Where it says quot Windows XP quot It ll crash I m currently running a multi-boot PC One is XP other is XP Mixed up with Vista As soon as I select a boot it will crash aswell Thats why I sometimes just unplug the cable and walk away Come back minutes later and I can successfully login to my desktop If anybody can help it would be grateful If you would like any stats about my temperature my processor or ANY information needed to help you out simply ask Thanks A L L nbsp

A:Computer crashes by itself

Almost certainly a hardware issue. And I'm smiling to myself as I write this because this fits into the cliche'd response of it probably being your PSU or the RAM. Based on your electrical comments I would guess it is the power supply.

To eliminate the RAM, or at least attempt to, you can download and burn a memtest iso, then boot from that and run it several passes. If it can't make it a pass without freezing (but no memtest errors) I would say there is a 95% chance it is your PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-by-itself.122654/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just purchased a MP3 from Sylvania model SMPK4066. I connected my player with USB to my computer. Using Windows Media Player 11 and the sync option I synchronized my player 100% complete. Now my player reads No Files but WMP shows all of my music was tranferred and I see Folders on my MP3 screen with artists names but no music is playing and it still says No FIles. I need someone to help me get this thing to play my music. Thank you very much to whomever figures this out.

Spanner0421

A:Can't get the music tp play on my Sylvania MP3

let;s try this for simple starters

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-the-music-tp-play-on-my-sylvania-mp3.122213/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well Im New Here and my computers getting on my nerves lol.
My Computer Keeps Crashing . Makes 3 funny sounds and switches off . If I Go On Msn It works Nomrally But when i have too many things going at once it switches off for example when im on youtube it just switches off whats wrong with it :S

A:Computer Crashes

The hard drive may be corrupt and you may have a failing power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes.120960/
Relevancy 22.36%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I m having a hard time with this brand new PC and can t figure out what is wrong I have tried the following games Shayia WolfET Fallout Far Cry All of them crash after min to hour of gameplay I get a blue screen that flickers then my pc reboots I tried WinXp b and WinXp sp still the same results I tried with the drivers that came with my system didnt fix the problem so tried with the ones on the manufacturer s hour crashes PC New after Brand to 1 10min gaming websites for all hardware Brand New PC crashes after 10min to 1 hour gaming didnt work any better Here is my gear CPU Intel Core Duo E G M S MOBO ASUS P Q It broke after days of games failing so I had the store give me a new one since they believed that was the problem RAM CORSAIR Mhz DDR NO-ECC M TWINX C Hard Drive G SATA SEAGATE Power supply Corsair W Video Card EVGA GTX M I use to understand everything that was happening with my old PC years old even changing blown up caps on it but this new computer with all the new technologies is overwhelming and after spending a good amount of cash I would like to be able to play a game Will wait your expert advice nbsp

A:Brand New PC crashes after 10min to 1 hour gaming

Take it back to the store and have them check it out. You might also have a defective video card or memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-crashes-after-10min-to-1-hour-gaming.120070/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I m having trouble with a friends PC that I offered to have a look at All I was going to do was speed his machine up a bit as he complained that it was running extremly slowly i e mins to load windows Checked to find that he only had seconds after Loads then OS crashes 20 MB of RAM installed So found some old PC RAM that I had lying around and booted it up Loaded window in just over a minute Loads OS then crashes after 20 seconds and all was looking good then Heard a noise from inside the PC and it just powered off not shutdown Opened the case to find that one of the plastic clips on the retainer bracket for the heatsink fan had snapped off Purchased a like for like bracket and replaced it Power it up but nothying happened apart from a slight movement from the CPU fan half a turn if that So thought it might be the power supply so purchased like for like again and replaced part Powered it up and the same thing just a slight movement from the CPU fan So thought it might be the processer replaced processer with a spare MHZ celeron thermal paste etc remounted heatsink and powered up And It worked went through POST and into loading OS YAY I thought to myself thank god for that It loaded up desktop and then after about secs returned to it s initial problem and just died again Now when I power it up the CPU fan spins as do HDD but doesn t perform POST no BIOS screen or memory check no output to display etc So now I m thinking has something blown up again Checked to make sure the system board wasn t making contact with the case and it s not so hopefully componets are all still O K I m guessing that it could be an overheating problem and that the System board just shut down to protect the parts but since the PC does nothing now I have no way of checking If the memory wasn t compatable witht he board then it wouldn t have booted in the first place The power supply is new and I ve tested it in my machine and it works fine The CPU must work as the st time it performed the POST with no error beeps Does anybody know what could be causing the problem as I m fresh out of ideas This was supposed to be a simple upgrade for a mate and now it s starting cost me alot of money and time and can t afford to buy any more parts and said I didn t want any money off him untill his PC was returned working thinking a simple swapping of memory modules would do the trick PLEASE if anyone has any ideas could you let me know as I ve tried everything I can think of and I m starting to lose my patience with it Thanks for reading Help me O B kenobi you re my only hope nbsp

A:Loads OS then crashes after 20 seconds

The motherboard is toast. Can you see if there are any bulging capacitors near the CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loads-os-then-crashes-after-20-seconds.120433/