Windows Support Forum

I lost internet connection, Please help!

Q: I lost internet connection, Please help!

Within these few day, my computer kept losing connection to the internet. I was able to be online for 1 hour and all of sudden it would disconnected for no reasons, and I've to wait one day to be able to get back online again. I've a home network at home, my cox cable modem is connected to my router which is connected to my computer. Everything seems working properly, I have no idea what's causing all this! Any help or suggestion would be grateful, thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I lost internet connection, Please help!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I lost internet connection, Please help!

Next time that happens you need to call Cox cable and see if their network is down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-lost-internet-connection-please-help.93327/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit on my laptop. I currently have Avast Internet Security installed and I have tried to uninstall the Avast software as I wish to change my antivirus software. I have tried uninstalling in safe mode using the Avast Clear utility. Unfortunately after using this utility the Avast program still remains on my hard drive in Program Files which I then have to delete manually. After doing so and restarting my computer I have no internet connection and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files. This is very frustrating and annoying and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to resolve this problem so that I can remove Avast without losing my internet connection.

A:Solved: Internet connection lost when avast internet security uninstalled

moved to networking forum

This is the program you are using
Avast
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe
correct

How to uninstall avast and also use the removal utility here
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=504

Have you also tried removing the program via control panel ?

and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files.Click to expand...

do you mean to just COPY or re-install ?

would you check the device manager and also provide an ipconfig /all when you have the problem
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-lost-when-avast-internet-security-uninstalled.1050440/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A few days ago Comodo antivirus detected some Trojan and I deleted it I don't remember the name of the trojan but since then I can not connect to the internet I have followed your instructions and I'd be greatfull if I could get help in Internet lost connection how to sort this problem out DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Miguelukas at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV COMODO Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW COMODO Firewall disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Real Update OB realsched exe C Archivos de programa Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Archivos de programa COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Archivos de programa COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C Archivos de programa Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Archivos de programa Internet connection lost TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system wbem Internet connection lost wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Miguelukas Escritorio dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c archivos de programa archivos comunes adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c archivos de programa bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c archivos de programa java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c archivos de programa java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c archivos de programa java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ISUSPM quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler Internet connection lost mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c archivos de programa adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun TkBellExe quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun SoundMAXPnP c archivos de programa analog devices soundmax SMax PNP exe mRun SoundMAX c archivos de programa analog devices soundmax Smax exe tray mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c archivos de programa comodo comodo internet security cfp exe quot -h mRun QuickTime Task quot c archivos de programa quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c archivos de programa java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun THotkey c archivos de programa toshiba toshiba applet thotkey exe mRun Tvs c program files toshiba tvs TvsTray exe mRun BlackBerryAutoUpdate c archivos de programa archivos comunes research in motion auto update RIMAutoUpdate exe background mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun RoxWatchTray quot c archivos de programa archivos comunes roxio shared sharedcom RoxWatchTray exe quot dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse menini progra inicio ramasst lnk - c windows system RAMASST exe IE amp D amp escargue amp con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddLink htm IE amp D amp escargue todo con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddAllLink htm IE amp D amp escargue todos los v deos con BitComet - c archivos de programa bitcomet BitComet exe AddVideo htm I... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

hi i need help,

i lost internet connection a few days back, i connect to my wireless through a rt73 usb wlan key, the strange thing is that i pick up the signal but it just stays in recognizing network + the options like network detection, shared files, share public access file are blocked .
ihave vista business installed and use kaspersky internet security 2009

if anyone can help please do so

A:Lost Internet Connection

Hi and welcome. I've split you off from the thread where you posted in Vista. You should always start your own thread for your particular problem.

Is this your network that you are trying to connect to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.722514/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have PC System Windows XP home edition Version 2002 SP3 and I lost Internet access in the middle of downloading a new program.
I have a Motorola modem and modem is connected to the Netgear router. When I turn my desktop PC on which is connected to the router it shows the local connection is connected, but the Bridge Network cable is unplugged I have no idea what that is and if I need it to be connected to the internet.
I called the Comcast service and the lady assistant did not even know what the Bridge cable is and I do not know ether since Iím not that technical.
I do not know what I should do to get the connection back to the PC; another PC work just fine also is connected to the router.
Thank you

A:lost Internet connection

Ok, with my 12 years experience i don't even imagine what you put in mystic words "bridge cable"...
give us Start > Run > CMD [enter]
Ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt
Attach resulted file, or copypaste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.1037780/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have lost my internet connection. The IE diagnosis window says windows cannot detect wired or wireless network cards on machine. It also says that no network adaptor is installed.
My internet connection has always worked fine. I have my cp hardwired to a lynksys broadband modem and lynksys wireless router for my laptop connection.
Any idea how this can be fixed or what may have happened to my connection?
My wireless connection to my laptop still works great.
Shagedorn

I would try a System Restore if anything changed recently that could cause the problem. The next easiest option is the WinSock Fix. You can download it here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-internet-connection-221757.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Cannot log onto internet with wireless router. Plugged it in manually, still can't connect:. Have tried a couple of things (hopefully didn't make matters worse). HELP!

Relevancy 56.76%

Using Aspire XC-605 wirh Win 10. Internet connection (both LAN and Wifi) was suddenly lost. The computer recognizes DSL modem but claims no internet connection. The modem works fine with my two laptops. I've updated LAN and wlan drivers, no help. Windows says no technical faults found.

A:Internet connection lost

And, I tried my 4G modem too. Same result: modem found and connected, no interet.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Internet-connection-lost/td-p/430380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Though I have sality for a while internet my I connection lost now my internet connection was still on Now I can t log on to the internet any I lost my internet connection more It all started when I got this email with this attachment As soon as I downloaded and opened it the computer was shut down and restarted with no internet I scaned my computer using Avira rescue CD and this is the report PS After this scan I did a scan with my Avira antivirus to delete or at least quarantine them but nothing was found apparently this s Sality playing with me Anyway here s the report Avira Linux Version Copyright copy by Avira GmbH All rights reserved engine set VDF Version Scan start time Fri May configuration file etc avira scancl conf WARNING Error reading file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp DGDiNNpY z part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp q y rGkw nth part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp ezXmYh rar part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp KzZHOMWj rar part WARNING The files in archive are multiple volume media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp Yy sNqmF rar part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp is-GRFL tmp item ztmp WARNING Error reading file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa Local Settings Temp MDjqajAB exe part WARNING Unexpected end of file media Devices hda Documents and Settings aa My Documents ENGLISH IDIOMS QUEEN docx WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery Alexa zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encrypted media Devices hda Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy Recovery AlexaToolbar zip WARNING File is encryp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402121/i-lost-my-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Guys

hope someone can help.....im running vista home premium 32bit and connected to the internet wirelessly...its been working fine for years....however the other day i unplugged the power supply and monitor cable to connect another pc to the monitor....and when i switched the 2 plugs back to my pc...the internet stopped working....it sometimes says its connected to local network but not inernet...and sometimes it doesnt even connect locally

anyone got an idea of what the problem maybe..i tried doing a system restore too but it didnt work, ive disconnected network adapter and tried that too still same issue

A:lost internet connection!

Welome to the forum.

What do you mean by the power supply? Just the cord?

What kind of wireless card do you have?

Double check all your cables are plugged in still. Its quite easy to accidently knock one out.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295759-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys My desktop computer was fine until about a week ago I noticed that Firefox started really bogging down on websites that I frequent daily I usually cruise around them very quickly It got to the point where I had to try IE That seemed to work fine my Lost Internet Connection??? Mind you that I only had one webpage open with Firefox and tabs within it So fine now I'm using IE a browser I Lost my Internet Connection??? can't stand and then yesterday my Lost my Internet Connection??? entire internet connection stopped functioning it does show that the signal strength is excellent but it is not connected When I try to diagnose the problem it says quot Cannot diagnose the problem quot The router and modem are functioning because I have a laptop that connects to Lost my Internet Connection??? my network connection every time I can't get Norton Antivirus to scan the PC because it wants to do an update before it will scan I ran rkill exe and then malware bytes That found a few things but still no Internet connection I also ran Spybot Search amp Destroy Found some things but still no connection This is an I Asus P T Deluxe V with the I - cpu gb memory and Windows Pro -bit I'm not sure what the problem is but I feel like it's a virus because I sense it is slowly taking over processes as a virus would do Maybe a root-kit I don't know I do know I couldn't run combofix yet because I am running the -bit version of Windows Any ideas Thanks

A:Lost my Internet Connection???

Hello, please open a command prompt (Start->Run->CMD) and type "ipconfig /all" and show us the results please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92315-lost-my-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hello folks, I'm pretty new at this game so please try not to blind me with science. I chose to replace my xp pro o/s with win 7 over last weekend on my main desktop PC and passed smoothly through the clean install process of win 7 ultimate. To my horror when the shiny new desktop was up and running I found that I could not connrct to my router, my ethernet adapter driver having apparently disappeared. I previously used Sis 900 but cannot find any driver for it. Are drivers available for this adapter or should I give up and buy a new card.

Any help much appreciated.

A:lost internet connection

Network cards are fairly cheap these days, so I would suggest replacing it with a Gigabit capable card.
Do a bit of research on the card you want to buy and see if it is Windows 7 compatible out of the box (can save you a lot of hassles later)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82674-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I keep losing my internet connection when I try to visit www foxnews com Attached is my Hijack log Internet Help! Lost connection. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Help! Lost Internet connection. C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS system lxamsp exe Help! Lost Internet connection. C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Spybot TeaTimer exe c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot SDHelper dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TimounterMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run lxamsp exe lxamsp exe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-internet-connection.943285/
Relevancy 56.76%

Just set up a brand new Acer 5733.

I have had no problems until yesterday when I suddenly lost Internet connection on a wireless connection.

I have checked everything, even down to connecting up a spare router. Still no connection.

As last resort I connected the laptop directly into the router, but still no luck.

It is on a 12 month guarantee, but I am wondering is it just a simple thing.

Addendum: Since writing this, the internet has returned as fast as it went. My other PC did not go down, so it was not an broadband issue.

Relevancy 56.76%

Am rewriting this as I lost the first draft attempting to navigate back from preview when I notice I am not to add images on this with the photo icon above At this point I can't get the computer to connect to internet The computer is a HP workstation xw x cpu GHZ MHZ core windows connection Internet Lost First issue a boot interruption with a message about the system clock F continued the boot and the clock time was right Comes up on start up now Second issue- a sight would not play video I closed it and opened- same Next some sights came up unavailable I primarily use chrome I tried firefox and explorer I tried checked my connection in the control panel seem connected ran trouble shooter which came back and comes back with unexpected error message- can't continue and error code x unplugged and replugged from modem same result I have unplugged backed up and now am asking for guidance and help This computer is wired to wireless router Other computers and phones work off this wirelessly thanks chris

A:Lost Internet connection

Hi,
Have you checked out your NIC? Latest drivers, etc? Does the vendor offer a diagnostic program for it? If you have a NIC that you can swap for the current one, see if that makes a difference.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496594/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Well here is my question My computer will not recognize that it is connected to the internet Usually there is a light in the back of the computer where the ethernet cable plugs into the jack that lights up when it is connected It is no longer lighted up What happened is that when i turned on my computer yesterday Please HELP ME! connection internet Lost it came up with an error message one of the ones that says what the error is and you can choose if you want to send the error report to microsoft or not send it Anyway unfortunatly i Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection was not using my brain and i did not record the error message I get these a lot of the time when a program freezes Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection or something so i usually do not pay them a lot of mind I guess this time it was a wrong move because i do remember it saying something about quot TCP IP quot and when i clicked it closed the computer was not recognizing the internet connection Because I remember seeing the TCP IP in the error message im pretty sure that error had something to do with why its not working anymore Anyway I have tried everything its not the modem its not the netword card driver its not roadrunner isp and its not the cable cord or the network card cause i even when out and bought a new network card just to try it out but that didnt work either So to end this super long question are there any other suggestion as to what i can try I was thinking i might just have to rebuild but i really dont want to do that someone suggested i try a repair disk but i dont have one and someone else suggested installing the isp software again Or is there any way that I can retrieve the error message that was sent to me like is there a log where these are stored that might help anyway sorry this was so long but if you can offer any suggestions i would be grateful thanks Lily nbsp

A:Please HELP ME! Lost internet connection

If there is a reset button on the router/modem try it. If not unplug it for a minute and reset it that way. And if youpost your computer specs it might help - I take it your not using XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-lost-internet-connection.360998/
Relevancy 56.76%

I Have A Compaq 7550 Computer With Windows Xp. My Computer Is Verrrryyyy
Slow. I Tried To Install Mcaffie Antivirus, And Firewall And It Got To A Certain Point And Said There Was No Internet. I Called My Local Cable Company And They Referred Me To Microsoft Who Referred Me To Compaq
Who Charges For Any Question I Ask. My Computer Is About 5 Years Old. Any Suggestions?? Just To Let You Know, When I Was Trying To Install The Program It Said It Was Checking For Viruses First. It Took Over 3 Hours For It To Come Back And Say That It Was Ready To Install But There Was No Internet.

how are you connected to the interent ???
please provide as much detail as possible

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.569744/
Relevancy 56.76%

I don't know if this is supposed to be malware related, but I'd like to check anyway. In fact, today I've got disconnected from the internet two times, once it said to restart the router, so I did, and got the connection back. Next time I've got an error message DNS server isn't responding and I'd like to fix the error so I don't lose it again.

FRST.txt   18.05KB
  17 downloads

A:Lost internet connection

Greetings santare and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please rerun FRST and make sure Addition.txt is checked. Run FRST at the end. Copy and paste both logs in your reply.In addition, please do this.===================================================AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware-------------------Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browserDouble click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appearsClick ScanOnce the scan has completed you will see Pending. Please check elements you don't want to remove above the progress barClick on CleaningConfirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OKYour computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restartCopy and paste the contents in your reply===================================================RogueKiller by Tigzy--------------------Download RogueKiller and save it to your desktopClose all running programsRight click on the icon and select Run as AdministratorFor Windows XP simply double click on the iconIf you receive a warning you are running a 32 bit version, ignore the warning and click Yes to continue anywarThe program will conduct a prescan and when finished you wlll see Prescan Finished. Please hit the scan buttonClick ScanIf, durin... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615265/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Operating system Vista I don't think I have the service packs Browser Firefox - latest version I have avast antivirus I went to nbc com for the first time last night to watch a video off it It required connection internet Lost I install a plug-in named PMBInstNBC exe in order to watch a video I started watching Lost internet connection the video and it worked but then I went to change the settings on it and it locked up So I restarted it and it came up with the quot unable to locate server quot error message for when your internet is disconnected I closed the window and opened a new one and it gave the same error message I restarted my computer a number of times and shut down and restarted and it still did not not connect I tried a windows update and that would not connect either I tried using internet explorer and that was not able to access the internet either I disconnected my wife's computer from the router and connected it directly to the service provider modem or whatever it is called that the router plugs into and it worked fine I have not tried to connect my computer directly to the modem to see if it is the router yet but has anyone experienced anything like that

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connection-472467.html
Relevancy 56.76%

my computer got infected yesterday with a few trojan viruses small J Agent AS Dyfica AA HT Log- connection! internet Lost i had one a month ago and you guys helped me get HT Log- Lost internet connection! rid of it so i m hoping you can help i ran ad aware and got rid of what i could then when i ran AVG it said that there aren t any viruses so i thought it was fixed but when i rebooted i found out that i ve completely lost my internet connection this happened the last time too what do i do to fix it thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C COMPAQ ACCESS ENCOMPASS MONITOR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGSERV EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPLPR EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPENH EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT CPQEAUI EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZIPCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS UPDATER EN-US MSNAPPAU EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NIKON NKVIEW NKVMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB RNATHCHK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT BTTNSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ ON-SCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C MY DOCUMENTS HIJACK THIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp i enu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s search amp query s amp i enu O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLL O - BHO Zedd Proj clsUnoOne - B B- FE- C D- F-BCA FC B - C WINDOWS SYSTEM AANTX DLL O - BHO ohb - D F F- AC - AB- B - C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINB S DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C PROGRAM FILES CANON EASY-WEBPRINT TOOLBAND DLL O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - Toolbar Begin Search com Bar - FE - C- EFB-BDD - BE D C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINB S DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe NORESTART O - HKLM Run Compaq Internet Setup C Compaq Internet InetWizard exe RUN O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC quot C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT Cpqeaui exe quot O - HKLM Run Adaptec DirectCD C PROGRA ZIPCD DIRECTCD EXE O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run msnappau quot c program files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot... Read more

A:HT Log- Lost internet connection!

istsvc.exe is an advertising program by Integrated Search Technologies. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.
Author: Integrated Search Technologies

Spyware: Yes
Background Process: Yes
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: No
I reckon you should get rid of that both in the Hijack log and by deleting the whole directory then running a registry cleaner.
Get rid of 09 as well, there's a file missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ht-log-lost-internet-connection.280053/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is my first post Hope Lost Connection Internet it's up to snuff Reran with later version of Hijackthis--hope I got it rightMy wife was doing some research with Google clicked on a link and then was taken to a quot suspicious quot site whose URL began with quot The site looked like Google search results but not quite Now the next day it is impossible for her to connect to the Internet via any program IE Firefox Outlook When IE tries to repair or diagnose the connection it gets as far as quot Lost Internet Connection a problem with the winsock catalog quot Here's the Hijack this log It is a Dell running Windows XP Service Pack II Have run adaware spybot and AVG AVG had a false alarm on something called obsuscat Can you help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Lost Internet Connection S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Documents and Settings Kandy Hirsch Desktop stinger exeE John HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msnbc msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO no name - B EB F- C- F-AC -FD E F - c windows system d d c dllO - BHO no name - E C - B- EFE-AC B- C AE D - C WINDOWS system adsndsq dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Ru... Read more

Hello energyguyoly,Welcome to Bleeping Computer 1. Download this file - combofix.exe2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.3. When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply please, along with a new HijackThis log.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.How is it running now please?Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120179/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been trying to deal with a comp that has recently lost internet connection IT is hard wired to the router but the other comps on the network internet connection log (lost HJT still have internet Its like someone turned it off on the comp itself It gets used by a couple different people a day RIght before it lost the connection it was getting a BUNCH of popups which leads me to believe it might be virus related anyway so here i am with a log thanks Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HJT log (lost internet connection HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system HJT log (lost internet connection WinSys exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft HJT log (lost internet connection Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IE to GetRight Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run OneCareUI quot C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run WinSys C WINDOWS system WinSys exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup E... Read more

A:HJT log (lost internet connection

did i not follow directions for posting? id really appreciate it if i could be pointed in the right direction of getting this fixed! thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-lost-internet-connection-299899.html
Relevancy 56.76%

my service provider was forced out of business. so i have to go to a differant company to get dsl reconnected. is there any free dialo up providers.

if not i am using a stupid aol disk with the free 1045 hours. that i was going to cancel when i got my dsl. is there a way to use internet explorer also as i abhor the use of aol 9.0

Relevancy 56.76%

Our 2nd computer which is a network connection had a strange thing happen. Was on internet & my screen suddenly turned solid blue with error notification. Then a narrow white column appeared and said my computer had been infected. It gave a phone number I was to call & started verbally repeating a message not to turn off my computer & to call that phone number. I did try to call & it rang 10 times & I hung up. In desperation I turned it off. After a period of time I turned it back on & everything appeared up normal except my internet connection. I ran malware & spyware and they showed no problems. However, I still can't get connected to the internet. Can someone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection.1156373/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I ve got a problem with connecting to the internet I ve tried a number of things I found on Lost Internet Connection this forum and none of them have Lost Internet Connection worked I ll describe what I Lost Internet Connection ve done so far and hopefully someone can help me pinpoint exactly where things are going wrong and what to do next about it Thanks in advance for your help and my apologies for such a long post My Local Area Connection says that I m connected at a speed of Mbps which is normal However I cannot access the internet at all I can t get online through Firefox or IE Other applications that rely on the internet like my desktop Weather Network application also cannot connect This is a constant situation I was in the middle of writing an email and when I clicked send I d lost my connection and have not regained it I should take a moment to explain our setup I live in a house with five other people The internet enters the house through one of their rooms There is a router in that room and cables from that router go to the rest of us We don t have wireless capability so everything described here is over the cable connection Unfortunately the guy who lives in the room with the router is currently on a five-week vacation so I don t have access to the router to reset it or double-check that my cable is actually attached I ve contacted the landlord about getting into his room to do so but I haven t yet heard back To my knowledge I m the only one who has been having trouble I am running Windows XP SP on an IBM Thinkpad I believe T When I ran ipconfig all it returned the following IP Rating Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers I attempted to ping myself the router and several external sites Someone on this forum had suggested to someone else a number of alternate IP addresses to try for their router so I tried those and a few random others as well Self of packets received loss Router Request timed out loss All external IP addresses including google facebook and local university sfu ca Request timed out loss All URLs www google com google com www google ca www yahoo com www sfu ca www facebook com quot Ping request could not find host lt URL gt Please check the name and try again quot No packets sent Request timed out loss of packets received loss I don t know who is but since my computer is I assume is another computer in our house I was able to ping in the evening but when I tried again in the early morning I got the same result as all the other addresses request timed out When I ran nbstat -n it returned the following Code Local Area Connection Node IpAddress ScopeId NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status ------------------------------------------- Thales lt gt Unique Registered MSHOME lt gt Group Registered Thales lt gt Unique Registered MSHOME lt E gt Group Registered MSHOME lt D gt Unique Registered MSBROWSE lt gt Group Registered Now for the things I ve already tried doing to fix it None of these had any effect that I could see I disabled Local Area Connections then re-enabled it I also used the quot Repair quot option on Local Area Connections I turned off Windows firewall and when that didn t have any effect I turned it back on Under Local Area Connections Properties Internet Protocol TCP IP Properties both options were set to automatic quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot and quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I tried setting those to manual both independently and together using both and for the DNS server address with as my IP address When that didn t work I set them both back to automatic I tried ipconfig release followed by ipconfig renew On release I immediately got a popup saying quot This connection has limited or no connectivity quot On renew I immediately got a popup saying quot Local Area Connections is now connected quot I still could not access the internet ipconfig a... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

My computer just recently got over a bad virus called defense center. i rid myself of it using malwarebytes, but now when i try to open internet explorer or any browser it says cannot connect. It lets me play games, such as world of warcraft, and even use the internet after a temporary fix i found (adding "--proxy-server= in the properties of google chrome), but this problem isnt fixed by that. Can i have some help with this?

I am using windows vista home basic. When i hit diagnose connection problems in internet explorer, it says "www.google.com" is not set up to establish a connection on port "world wide web service (HTTP)" with this computer. It won't let me view anything on the internet in any way except for google chrome and in games.

Hello,Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic342007.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326339/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

Lost Internet connection- Diagnostics state quot has detected a problwm with the Winsock provider catalog quot FSS scan results any help appreciated- thanks Farbar Service Scanner Ran by Hank administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start Lost Pro connection -XP Internet type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache Lost Internet connection -XP Pro service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Tcpip Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Tcpip service is OK The ImagePath Lost Internet connection -XP Pro of Tcpip service is OK IpSec Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of IpSec service is OK The ImagePath of IpSec service is OK Connection Status Localhost is blocked There is no connection to network Attempt to access Google IP returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo Lost Internet connection -XP Pro IP returend error Other errors Windows Firewall sharedaccess Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of sharedaccess service is OK The ImagePath of sharedaccess service is OK The ServiceDll of sharedaccess service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile quot EnableFirewall quot DWORD System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center Windows Update File Check C WINDOWS system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers netbt sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit Attention C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys is missing C WINDOWS system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system netman dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system srsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system Drivers sr sys gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system wuauserv dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system es dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system svchost exe gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system rpcss dll gt MD is legit C WINDOWS system services exe gt MD is legit Extra List Gpc IPSec NetBT PSched Tcpip x IpSec Tag value is correct End of log

A:Lost Internet connection -XP Pro

Launch the Farbar scanner again and typeipsec.sys in the BOXClick on search filesPost the generated log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435590/lost-internet-connection-xp-pro/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok this Connection Lost! Internet is what has happened- I have a linklsys wireless router for my host computer and my client computer has Internet Connection Lost! a linksys internet adapter now its not to do with the model of linksys or if its wireless G or B there both G My internet has been for around months and everything is fine now a couple of days ago on my client computer it wont pick up the inetrnet connection i dont know why it doesent come up with little picture in the bottom right corner of the screen showing it connecting or anything Im pretty sure the adapter is working because there is a little green light that glows up on it at the back by the way my adapter is a PCI card Now the problem basically is my client computer is not picking up the internet even though my router is turned on The only thing is before the client computer stopped working the internet connection like a couple of days before the internet connection stopped i resarted the routers default and changed about a bit to try and enable xbox live But it was still working after i changed the settings but if theres any ideas please post in im a high school student and need to finish homework Thanks Tom Wells-Day nbsp

A:Internet Connection Lost!

First. You do not have a problem with internet connectivity. You have a problem with wireless connectivity.

Connect to the router using an ethernet cable and look over the wireless settings. Update it to the latest firmware version.

On your computer uninstall and reinstall all your wireless drivers and software with their latest versions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-lost.35610/
Relevancy 56.76%

My wife uses a second computer that is connected via a hard wire. My internet connection is through Comcast cable and my wifes receives the internet connection through a router. The router is a Trendnet TW 100. My wife downloads and lets others in her movie room download from her files. Once in a 24 hour period her computer loses the internet connection and disrupt either her download or upload. She has been told it is the router but I opened it and do not see any shut down instruction in it. Does anyone have an idea why this happens every 24 hours and how to fix it. Thank you for your help and ideas.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi you all,
I've got the following problem. On a PC with wifi internet connection all internet acces is lost. When i perform an nslookup it resolves just fine but i can't open any webpages with a error subscription for a DNS failure.
I've tried to flush all DNS records, renew the ip settings (DHCP), setting the pc back with recovery to a date that i know the connection worked fine, but nothing seems to work.
the connection is working becouse i've just downloaded windows 10......
I hope someone can help me resolve this isseu

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/364819c9-6f2d-4d18-9e35-27d8adb558aa/lost-internet-connection?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.76%

Have a friends computer and am fighting with it right now. The computer says I do have both wireless and wired network connection but I am unable to connect to the internet. I downloaded malwarebytes and installed it but was not able to update it as the internet is not working for me right now. I did a quick scan and that got rid of 43 problems but I am still unable to connect to the internet. As I write this, I am running a full scan to see if that will help.

Any suggestions on your side?

Appreciate any help,
Jeff

Hi,After performing these scans, enter the results in your next post and also update me on the status of the PC.Note: You may have to perform some or all of the following in Safe Mode With Networking, depending on if you have internet access while in the normal Windows environment.================================================================================Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.================================================================================Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all other options as they are set):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the Control Center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Select Scan Type" check the box for Complete Scan.If your computer is badly infected, be sure to check the box next to Enable Rescue Scan (Highly Infected Systems ONLY).Click the Scan your computer... button.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the scan log after reboot, launch SUPERAntiSpyware again.Click the View Scan Logs button at the bottom. This will open the Scanner Logs Window.Click on the log to highlight it and then click on View Selected Log to open it.Copy and paste the scan log results in your next reply.-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program. ================================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.D... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446760/lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 56.76%

My operating system is Windows XP pro connected to a Linksys WET N bridge Bridge is connected to Comcast wireless router The issue is that computer seems to continuously lose connection because the MS Outlook keeps coming up amp quot lost connection amp quot then restores connection to server hosted by Microsoft The other issue is that I can access certain websites but not others I can ping the websites that I can t access through browsers I have another computer that is wireless connected to router with no issues as above So I don t believe it is an ISP issue or router issue I can see the problem computer on the router connected through the bridge I have Norton connection, lost Internet, utility on the computer and disabled the firewall and still same issues I ve set sites as safe sites etc and still same issues Below Internet, connection, lost is Internet, connection, lost info on system Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GT-UD H Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings mdrury gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bigdaddy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - -CF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January P M Lease Expires Saturday January P M C Documents and Settings mdrury gt I appreciate anyone s help in resolving my issues thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

After "Cant access anti virus programs " yesterday was resolved , logged off. Today I connect to the internet and get the message for any page I try to open
"The page cannot be displayed" for ie and "connection was refused to whatever .com" using mozilla.
Sorry to annoy you again

Jamie

Download WinsockFix and unzip it. Then double-click on it to run it.

No problem.......

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/lost-internet-connection-25089.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I run Vista Home Premium HP a n and I am having trouble with losing internet connection Use to be worse but got updated modem from A T amp T Was - times a day now sometimes times a day Doesn't happen when I am working happens when I come back to the computer after being gone for a while A T amp T says it's not them it is my computer Event Viewer isn't Internet lost connection helpful or I don't know what to look for I am almost ready to go to Internet connection lost the Geeks at Best Buy Internet connection lost but wanted to give you people a shot I run the following programs for computer upkeep Advanced System Care CCCleaner cleaner and registry cleaner Threatfire once a week Easy Cleaner Toni Arts Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Spybot Search and Destroy AVG Free run every nite and have found no significant problems Have all the Windows updates Have had A T amp T for about Internet connection lost years and the problem is ongoing since then The new problem is having trouble with restart Going to Start and then using the restart from there hangs until I have to turn off the tower yeah I know bad thing This is recent maybe the last two weeks Sometimes works sometimes doesn't Downloaded Google Desktop and they wanted to restart the computer and there was no problem with that All help appreciated and if you need more info pls let me know TIA Brenda

A:Internet connection lost

After a week of repeated network drops, I found the following from MS:
" Vista 64 and routers
To resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows Vista. To do this, follow these steps: Click Start, type regedit.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID} [this is the first numeric string startins with {90...

Right click on DhcpConnEnableBcastFlag, Modify, and set the value to 0 (numeric zero). I then rebooted.

I have not had a drop in 24 hours. Hope it continues. Found this at: support.microsoft.com/kb/928233 "This issue occurs because of a difference in design between Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Specifically, in Windows XP SP2, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is set to 0 (disabled). In Windows Vista, the BROADCAST flag in DHCP discovery packets is not disabled. Therefore, some routers and some non-Microsoft DHCP servers cannot process the DHCP discovery packets."

OOPS... Did have one drop after the computer 'woke' up from a long winter's nap...several hours. The connection dropped. That might be yet another Vista issue -

"VISTA Sleep and Domain Network Drop Out problems". I am told there will be a fix in a coming service pack. The mouse is affected also. Fix or work around. We'll see...

My System Specs
You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this ...

OS Vista x64

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212690-internet-connection-lost.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Internet connection is lost when idle. I have Vista and no router but have dsl. I have replaced the power supply and eathernet card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-internet-connection-350908.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am currently having a problem where I am losing my connection when idle. I am running Windows XP service pack 3. It just started thursday night. It says I am connected but when I try to load a page or anything it wont connect. I am running cable internet. The modem for the cable says everything is fine. My coonection on Pc says its connected. I am running a wireless router as well. I am currently running a Belkin wireless router I have tried two different routers same problem. I am able to connect wirelessly to the router. Just my wired PC wont connect. The only way to fix it i I have to restart the computer. I have AVG full anti-virus and firewall. That shows nothing neither does spybot or malware bytes. Have not installed any new programs for the conflict. Even tried a system restore and still nothing. Any help would be great. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216690/internet-connection-lost/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have windows 7. A dynalink rta1025 v2 modem and the modem is plugged into a netcomm np204 thing in the wall. Yesterday my connection randomly dropped out and has not come back. I've tried restarting both the modem and the wall socket thing. I have online study to complete and need my Internet ASAP! I'm not very good with these things and any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 56.76%

It happened yesterday. Finally changed the cat5 cable and that seemed to fix the problem. Now it's back again intermittently. I even directly connected the computer to the DSL and still no connection. The two other computers at this location run fine and and are running wirelessly. I don't know what to check anymore. Can anyone please give me a clue as to what to check? I am running Win2K sp2 on a Dell Dimension 4400.

Relevancy 56.76%

There are 3 PCs on my home network:

1/. Vista Ultimate 32 bit Intel Dual Core desktop - Ethernet connection
2/. XP Home laptop Intel Celeron laptop - devolo AV200 mains networked
3/. XP Home Athlon XP1900 desktop - Ethernet connection via USB to Ethernet adapter.

They run through a KCORP 108 G wireless router. Company now defunct but router ostensibly OK.

Pure Networks 'Network Magic' used.

Problem: Up until yesterday all 3 PCs connected to the internet and to the local network. This is a very long-standing and (so far) extremely stable set-up.

Since yesterday PC #3 has lost its internet connection whilst maintaining its local connection.

I've tried rebooting the router, disabling security options on the router, swapping over LAN connections on the router, swapping the LAN connection on PC #3 for a devolo link. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this? I can access all 3 PCs from each other!

Thanks in advance.

Steve

A:Internet connection lost on 1 PC

Check the firewall settings. I wish I could recall the specific problem with Zone Alarm that caused periodic disconnects from the internet. Flushing DNS temporarily restored the connection. Using the correct setting overcame the problem. I wish I could offer specifics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-lost-on-1-pc.108221/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all yesterday I upgraded my laptop lenovo y to windows At first it all connection internet to Lost seemed to be going well but when I first Lost connection to internet restarted I got the driver irql not less or equal error because I hadn t uninstalled my eset antivirus software I deleted the eset SYS file and it started up fine The internet was working fine etc I then uninstalled eset and as soon as I did that the internet stopped connecting It Lost connection to internet shows that I am connect to the WiFi but I cant connect to tthe internet or the router using Also when I go into network and sharing centre it says I am not connected to any networks and in ipconfig -all it only shows Ethernet adapter Bluetooth network connection I have tried complete internet repair and netsh int ip reset in cmd Nothing seems to work Please help I live in a remote area so taking it to a repair shop is out of the question Cheers Hugh nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

For the past couple of weeks my internet connection has been failing 5 or 6 times a day. My ISP has been working to try to solve this problem but all their tweaking hasn't helped much. I have now noticed that the connection gets cut off when I click on a link to open a site in IE 8. I'm not that fast on the mouse or keyboard but the faster I click a link the more likely I seem to lose the connection. I really cannot see that this could be the cause but I have installed Chrome today and haven't yet lost the connection. Any one with a view on this I would be pleased to hear from!
Edit:
I should have said that I use a Billion ADSL+2 router

A:Internet connection lost when using IE 8

You could try reseting the settings using Microsoft 'Fix it'

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112577-internet-connection-lost-when-using-ie-8-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When I am on aol and try to download a movie clip I get knocked offline and a message comes up "AOL has encountered a error and needs to close" This happens alot and most of the time it happens as soon as I click the download button. Sometimes I dont even get the message it just knocks me offline but as I said it is generally when I try downloading. Please help I am going nuts with this

A:Lost connection with internet - AOL

Try uninstalling the AOL application totally and re-installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-connection-with-internet-aol.661987/
Relevancy 56.76%

I was browsing one afternoon and suddently I was cut off from the internet world. I just cannot browse any longer. Everytime I go to the Internet, I get an error message - no connection to the server. I checked with the Provider and they say there is nothing wrong with my connection. Yes, I have checked that myself and there is nothing wrong with my connection. I thought maybe its the work of some worm - I did a thorough cleaning and found nothing suspicious.

The Provider even advised that I restore to a good day when I had no problem - May 01 I suggested. And, that was what I did - nothing work!

Can someone help me out. Many thanks

ooooooooooooooooo i like yer avater

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection.51180/
Relevancy 56.76%

Was playing Everquest on my Sony Vaio when I went linkdead. I currently use the laptop with a wireless connection which is located out in the garage. Did some limited troubleshooting and found that "a network cable is unplugged". I checked the network connection and it does not see any local wireless networks in the area. My pc is having no such problems. I cant find any diagrams as to where my wireless adapter is on the computer to see if it shook loose. Any ideas??

Tell us more about what connection you have by brand and age. Any failure of the cable modem or telephone modem can produce the error message, A Network Cable is unplugged.
Best first step, is to unplug your cable modem or Ethernet connection, then insert a straigtened paperclip wire into the small hole on the back of the router/modem to reset it.
Then plug the connection back in with everything turned on, and reboot your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection.77178/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have a Win XP computer on a network with all the network settings typed in rather than automatically picking up the IP address. So its set to the correct subnet and default gateway but its just not connecting to the internet.

I can ping the gateway and the other workstations, the Local Area Connection icon is showing up as connected, and the firewall is turned off. Can someone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

I puzzled this afternoon with making a new disk partition, and during this I booted up on a Partedmagic Linux CD.

However, when I booted up the machine normally via my harddisk, everything seemed normal, but no internet connection. I tried to repair via W7's build in help, but to no avail.

I then tested the network by plugging in a XP-box on the same ethernet cable (works fine), I re-booted the router and restarted my W7-box. But no internet!

Does the above ring a bell for anyone? I seem to be unable to get the connection back, and I simply don't know what to do to achieve this.

A:W7 lost internet connection

Can we get the specifications for your pc?

Hopefully it will be as simple as reinstalling your ethernet drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118569-w7-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there.
I've done something seriously wrong!
I have a broadand modem which is constantly connected. Whenever i log on to the computer i don;t have to connect to anything, just double click on internet explorer icon and away i go. If i want aol email i just double click on AOL, it connects after i have typed in user name etc....away i go

Today i got infected by derbiz or something. I removed the dialer and deleted everything. I went to:

Start/All Connections and i saw derbiz ISP there so i deleted it

WRONG MOVE

i can connect to aol fine, but now when i click on ie, i get a dial-up box saying to conect to AOL, which doesn;t work.

What have i done, how can i fix it, and would system restore work at all?>

David

Relevancy 56.76%

We have computers - mine with Windows and my wife s with Windows XP Both have paid subscriptions to Avast antivirus plus the freeware - Spybot S amp D and Sophos to clean up the browser cache and eliminate Lost Connection Internet what Avast misses Yesterday my wife recieved an Avast error message saying quot There are no more endpoints available quot It would not scan anymore so I called Avast for help They said this was due to a conflict with Spybot S amp D but they could fix the problem with Avast by uninstalling Spybot S amp D - and charging me for quot maintenance quot on their Avast software I declined this offer and uninstalled Avast on her computer only since it was no longer working Immediately after uninstalling Avast using Revo Uninstaller she lost internet connection I still have it on my computer I tried doing a reboot then tried a system restore - but she still had no internet connection Next I ran Spybot S amp D and Sophos to Internet Connection Lost check for viruses - there were none Since Spybot S amp D had supposedly caused the conflict with Avast I uninstalled that too Finally I called the ISP who had me check the Network icon in Control Panel - which shows that she is connected with data going in and out and no yellow flags yet for some reason we cannot connect to the internet using either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome They suggested I reboot the router we are hardwired in by cable - not wifi but that had no effect P S - I am not a computer wizard so please keep replies simple Any ideas nbsp

A:Internet Connection Lost

If that Teatimer thing (one of the Spybot Search and Destroy programs) is still running uninstall it also.

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost.1151458/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I have a compaq presario 2100 laptop running windows xp home with a built in wireless = HP WLan 54g w450 network card that was finding the internet okay and then it just stopped being able to access it. I can get a connection to my wireless network that drops off occaisionally but even when I am connected I cannot get on to the internet. I tried flushing the network by turning the access point the switch and the modem off and turning them all back on one at a time in the proper order. I have tried the repair network command and resetting the network connections. I have upgraded and installed service pack 3. Nothing seems to be working. can you help?

Relevancy 56.76%

Every time I leave my computer for a period of time. Or put it in the stand by mode. When I come back I have no internet connection. I have to restart my computer. Then everything works fine. I have a cable connection. Windows XP pro. No spyware, malware, virus. Just checked all of that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
danz

A:internet lost connection

Check this setting.
Start> Run> type devmgmt.msc then hit OK.
Click the + beside Network adapters and right click on your adapter and select
Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the box:
Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-lost-connection.595149/
Relevancy 55.9%

My Windows 7 desktop PC has lost its internet connection. It is connected over wi-fi.

I tried doing this in CMD:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
NETSH winsock reset catalog
NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log
NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log
This did not work.

I also get an error dialog on startup that says:
The program can't start because DNSAPI.DLL is missing...

Yet dnsapi.dll is in the Windows/System32 folder.

Is there any software that can fix this?
Can anyone suggest ways to restore the connection?
Thank you for your help.

A:My Windows 7 has lost its internet connection

Try these steps:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382747-my-windows-7-has-lost-its-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an HP EliteBook 6930p with windows 7 installed and everything was working fine until i did a recent windows upgrade (might just be a coincidence) and i suddenly lost internet connection. My laptop picks up the router, shows full strength but i cannot connect to the internet wireless or Ethernet cable. I restored to a previous date and it worked fine, and all my other devices work fine (iPad, iPhone, other laptops). The trouble is when i connected to the internet again it up dated windows and i cant restore back to the original date anymore as it has gone from the list.
Thinking i might have picked up a virus along the way.

Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 55.9%

I am running windows XP SP3 and have a DLink Wireless router that this PC goes through to connect to the internet. I have recently been having problems where the internet connection will drop out, although the wireless connection is still active. They only way I can get the internet back is to reset the router. Shutting the PC down and restarting does not work. What could be causing this?

A:Solved: lost internet connection

Three basic things to try first.
Download and install any more current router firmware
Do a router rest.Hold the reset button down for at least 15 seconds
Change the wireless channel being used.In the US 1/6/11,but down under I don't know.Someone here will,I'm sure,have that answer.
If none of that works,when no internet,from the failing pc let's see:

(hopefully we won't have to go this far,but just in case..)

From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address> For addresses,follow instructions below&#8230;.

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING www.yahoo.com
Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. IPV4 for Vista

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
______
And the other simple thing to check is to make sure that you have only one wireless manager running.Windows Zero Config OR
The Dlink manager,but not both.That can also cause interuptions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-internet-connection.840543/
Relevancy 55.9%

hey guys having Internet connection Lost combofix... after problems here ive tried the LSP thing and the other one but no luck must of had something deleted during combofix Heres the Log ComboFix - - - Lost Internet connection after combofix... Iota - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running from C Documents Lost Internet connection after combofix... and Settings Iota Desktop ComboFix exe Command switches used C Documents and Settings Iota Desktop WindowsXP-KB -SP -Pro-BootDisk-ENU exe Created a new restore point Resident AV is active Other Deletions C Documents and Settings Guest Application Data Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch AntiMalwareGuard lnk C Documents and Settings Guest Application Data rhc tj epb C Documents and Settings Guest Cookies guest ad yieldmanager txt C Documents and Settings Guest Cookies guest adsfac txt C Documents and Settings Guest Cookies guest serving-sys txt C Documents and Settings Guest err log C Documents and Settings Iota Application Data rhc tj epb C Documents and Settings Iota Cookies iota ad yieldmanager txt C Documents and Settings Iota Cookies iota adsfac txt C Documents and Settings Iota Cookies iota fatbraintoys txt C Documents and Settings Iota Cookies iota serving-sys txt C Documents and Settings Iota Cookies iota specificclick txt C Documents and Settings Iota err log C Program Files internet explorer msimg dll C WINDOWS system bthser dll C WINDOWS system cryptex dll C WINDOWS system drivers nrplfomj dat C WINDOWS system f PSSavr scr C WINDOWS system seneka dll C WINDOWS system senekadf dll C WINDOWS system senekapop dll Drivers Services ------- Legacy PJEADVHI ------- Service pjeadvhi Files Created from - - to - - - - - - --a--c--- C WINDOWS system dllcache user dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS ERUNT - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C SDFix - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Autoruns - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system TmpA - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files FlashFXP - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data FlashFXP - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files DVD Decrypter - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers sptd sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Iota Application Data Malwarebytes - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Malwarebytes - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mbam sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system Config MPF - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dunzip dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mfehidk sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers Mpfp sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mfeavfk sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mfesmfk sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mfebopk sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers mferkdk sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files McAfee com - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files McAfee - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Common Files McAfee - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data McAfee - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Administrator - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system c E jpg - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS m glkP dll - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system senekadf dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system seneka dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers seneka sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system senekaul dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system senekakl dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system bqpopmti exe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data DscSysUtil - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data difkrehk - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system sav cpl - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system pshwhczc exe - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system mshtml dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- ... Read more

A:Lost Internet connection after combofix...

Hello, ravensheat
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/lost-internet-connection-after-combofix-295335.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I am having trouble with my broadband connection dropping out after the computer is idle for several hours. The computer has to be restarted for the connection to re-establish. Broadband is ADSL.

I have had a broadband technician look at this but he seems to think it is my computer and not the ADSL modem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Susan

Relevancy 55.9%

I have three computers connected to the internet through a router. Two are Ok but the Mac just cut out. I typed in http://192.168.0.1 thinking I could get reconnected some way but message unable to connect came up. Only two lights are on showing the other two computers connections on the router.
I am unfortunately computer illiterate and am lost. Any advise in simple language please.

A:Mac lost connection to router/internet

Not much info here. What OSs are involved? Wired or wireless?
You'd probably be better off asking a mod to move this to the networking or MAC forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-lost-connection-to-router-internet.917579/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all

Lap-top (toshiba equium a100)PC running 32 Vista

I was helping a friend run C-Cleaner and superantispyware to speed up his PC. However, when we were promted to up-date AVG free anti virus software "we did" However, the computer froze and we did the if all else failed switch it on/off. "sorry we are not very computer literate and have minimal experience"

Following this we are unable to connect to the internet via wireless connection.

Initially, we were told we had isatap adapter #2 problems and followed various forums in an attempt to cure. We now have error message THE NETWORK ADAPTER "INTEL ® PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is experiencing driver or hardware issues

Hope someone can help

A:Lost wireless/internet connection please help

WHat all did you do with CCleaner? Also have you tried reinstalling the network card driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452994/lost-wirelessinternet-connection-please-help/
Relevancy 55.9%

Although working fine most of the time occasionally we are losing our internet connection It seems to happen after the computer takes itself into sleep mode and not if you internet connection sleep Lost after sleep it manually The symptom is that the network connection icon is no longer quot two monitors and a globe quot but is now just quot two monitors quot It does NOT have Lost internet connection after sleep a Lost internet connection after sleep red cross on it Selecting quot Diagnose and repair quot after 'diagnosing' progress bar brings up a Windows Network Diagnostics popup that says Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response Reset the network adapter quot Local Area Connection quot Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem Selecting the quot Reset quot control after 'repairing' progress bar brings up another popup that says The problem has been resolved Following which the 'globe' reappears on the tooltray icon and normal service is resumed This recovery seems to work of the time -- the remaining times requiring a router reboot Also very rarely the same problem seems to happen without going through 'sleep' but this may be a red herring so I'll worry about it when the main issue is fixed if it still happens While this problem exists normal internet service remains available to two laptops connected via the same router -- one via cable one via wireless The PC is also connected by Ethernet cable The PC is a DELL Dimension E running Vista Ultimate This is a relatively new install one month on a fresh hard drive We were getting the same problem before the reinstallation but there were other issues that were clouding the issue For the first - weeks after installation it seemed to be OK until I added multiple user accounts -- while running as a single admin user I don't remember the problem happening Again this latter 'symptom' may be a red herring also Any ideas please It is a real problem for the other users of the PC as recovery requires admin access

A:Lost internet connection after sleep

I would try changing ethernet cables on the ones that are wired, as they could be slightly damaged.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326015/lost-internet-connection-after-sleep/
Relevancy 55.9%

The computer lost internet connections Other computers in the house are fine with wireless and the direct Lost connection internet Solved: connection This computer I am working on is the one directly connected not Solved: Lost internet connection wireless I tried the connection on other computers and it works When troubleshooting it indicates it lost the drivers so we downloaded the correct drivers and installed them on the computer It indicates it has the updated drivers now Funny thing is when you Solved: Lost internet connection start of the computer the error message on the screen is Installation or Upgrade Error A problem occurred during the upgrade process To fix the issue you must restart your computer After it restarts the Webroot upgrade resumes I am concerned as my daughters computer has the same error message but her Internet connection still works Seemed to me that Webroot could be a potential problem Since we can t download the latest version no internet and can t use disc we have as it tells us it is outdated I tried to uninstall using WMPinfo xml to finish the uninstall I got an error that indicated - quot The InstallAware Wizard for Webroot Software has failed quot WRConsumerService stop failed with error and kill failed with error quot If you continue to have trouble please click the link below for assistance And the link is titled Uninstall Help but without internet it is worthless It uninstalled the Webroot SecureAnywhere file but it doesn t remove the Webroot Software See below for IPConfig details What do I do next Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I,ve been working on a friends computer, trying to eliminate over 700 spy apps. I finally got rid of all of them, however i also got rid of his Internet connection.I used lsp fix, winsock fix and manually un-and installed TCP\IP. Nothing seems to work. I think I may have deleted a necessary reg. entry... posibly crss\tcpip? Any suggestions before I re-install the OS? HELP!!!

A:Lost Internet connection Win 2000

get HiJack This http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html, put it in a permanent folder, run it , DO NOT fix anything, post the log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-win-2000.311953/
Relevancy 55.9%

My son has a laptop that was continually generating pop-ups that said :security alert.It lasted for 6 hrs yesterday and after downloading the Microsoft updates, the popups went away. After I uninstalled Norton antivirus and added Kaspersky. It says system is clean now but we cant access internt.
Any thoughts?

A:Lost internet connection via virus

Hi, jzim11

Welcome.

Go to Start->Run->Type CMD and click Ok. The MSDOS Window will be displayed. At the command prompt, type the following and press Enter after each line:
netsh int ip reset C:\Resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset catalog
ipconfig /flushdns (The space between g and / is needed)
Exit

Restart the computer.

If you are not able to connect after this, the following applications can be downloaded in a working computer and transferred to the troubled computer y means of a flash drive.

Download OTL to your Desktop

Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Change Drivers to All
Change Standard Registry to All
Under File Scans, change File age to 30

Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
msconfig
safebootminimal
safebootnetwork
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
ahcix86s.sys
nvrd32.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please post the contents of these files in your next reply.
Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double click GMER.exe.

If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Click the image to enlarge it

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-via-virus.920773/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys

Have come across a problem with a wireless network. I have a zyxel prestige 600 wireless router connected to a desktop pc. The internet work fine on this machine however the laptop i have connected to the wireless network will not access the internet. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

A:lost laptop internet connection

Did this configuration ever work?
Two things come to mind.Firewall and encryption.Disable both(disable firewall on the desktop and the laptop, and disable encryption on the router)) and see if you can connect.Just for a sanity check,make sure that you do not have more than one firewall active.
What antivirus do you have running?
Also can you ping the router from the laptop?
There are some areas that will probably need to be looked at but let's try the obvious first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-laptop-internet-connection.592968/
Relevancy 55.9%

Have lost internet connection. diagnostics indicate winsoc needs reset and to complete repair to reboot computer.after reboot there is no change. any help would be appreciated.

A:lost internet connection on XP home

HiDownloadhttp://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exeand run it on the infected PC.* Click on "Scan".* It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.* Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435357/lost-internet-connection-on-xp-home/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

I have this problem posted in the Malware Removal forum, but I also wanted to have this problem looked at from a different perspective...

The scenario is this: I have two computers set up on a wireless network; my laptop (which I'm on now) and my dad's PC. The problem is that his computer cannot connect to the Internet. It can connect to the network fine, we can see each other's computers, share resources etc, but he can't get much further than that. Mine, however, is working fine.

I have checked the settings on the router, as well, just in case some level of filtering or firewall setting was restricting access, but everything is normal.

Is there anything I could be overlooking? What else could cause this?

Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 55.9%

I did the upgrade from W- to in Internet 10 Lost after to Upgrade Connection November and have had several problems since The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection I had my ISP service dude have a go but no joy He concluded it is a software problem Everything Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10 is properly connected and working I read Welsheagle's post I'm running AVG Free AFAIK Firewall protection is only available with the upgrade to AVG Pro Same time Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10 I didn't install AVG until after the problem first occured I did some of the diagnostics suggested in the thread the outputs of which follow below Two errata might help lead to an explanation and solution Restarts after doing a Hard Shutdown occasionally result in reconnecting to the Internet Whereas doing a shutdown restart from the quot Shut down or Sign Out quot menu always results in no Internet Connection The quot Troubleshooting regime gives no joy W- afforded a drag-in Menu using the mouse pulled in from the RHS of the screen This no longed works I sincerely hope someone much saviier than I am can help From Device Manager Network Adapters Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Inel R Ethernet Connection I -V Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Realtek AE Wireless LAN ac PCI-E-NIC Teredo tunneling Pseudo-Interface Eight Entries under WAN Miniport From ping command Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe eb c f e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address cf f b cf f b Default Gateway c c c Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap E B D -FBFF- D- BEC- A AEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address d ab b e e Link-local IPv Address fe b e e Default Gateway

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38358-internet-connection-lost-after-upgrade-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi, i connected my pc to my lap via linksystem router over a year ago. all of a sudden, my laptop lost connection to the internet, but my pc is connected to the internet, so the problem must be with my laptop. my laptop has windows vista ultimate, whereas my desktop has windows xp- dell. laptop is hp pavilion. i reset the new connection on my desktop and wanted to manually enter the network in my laptop, but there is no add wireless connection prompt on my laptop, ran norton 360 on my laptop, and got a prompt that internet explorer is set up to use dial up connection. how do i set it to wireless in my laptop, since when i go to connect to network, i am getting only dsl or dial up connection setup. help!

A:my laptop lost connection to internet

Welcome to TSG.Think we need to know a lot more about your environment.
But,generally,I believe that if you have a wireless manager running on your laptop and the wireless switch or adapter is enabled,and your router is broadcasting an SSID,your laptop will find that signal.A lot of "if's though.
So let's get some basic info.Answer as many of these as you can.Then we will probably have to get some device specific diagnostic info.
The &#8220;Johnwill&#8221; need to know about your environment questionnaire:

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-lost-connection-to-internet.850379/
Relevancy 55.9%

Helloi ve run ComboFix to reduce my ram usage it was greater than gb on the deskop although i uninstalled all the games now it s fine but net gone i ve run it Not in Safe Mode now i have data connection lost after combofix internet reports named ComboFix txt and RPSetup exe log and a Boot folder including memtest exe Here there are ComboFix - - - dell - x Microsoft Windows Home Basic GMT Running internet connection lost after combofix from c users dell Desktop ComboFix exeAV McAfee Anti-Virus ve Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB FW McAfee G venlik Duvar Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C SP McAfee Anti-Virus ve Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated D B - E- - - C A SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows iun exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Quake III Arena - - - - ----a-w- c windows IsUninst exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local Microsoft Help - - - - -------- d-----w- c users dell AppData Roaming Roxio Log Files - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows SysWow xlive - - - - ----a-w- c windows system psisdecd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system psisrndr ax - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow psisdecd dll - - internet connection lost after combofix - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow psisrndr ax - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system oleaut dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system oleacc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow oleaut dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow oleacc dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users dell AppData Local dxhr - - - - -------- d-----w- c users dell AppData Local - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Apple internet connection lost after combofix Software Update - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows tr - - - - -------- d-----w- C Thumb Find M Report - - - - ------w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft IdentityCRL production ppcrlconfig dll - - - - ------w- c windows SysWow deployJava dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Sidebar quot quot c program files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe quot - - quot DAEMON Tools Lite quot quot c program files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot mcui exe quot quot c program files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot c program files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - quot Adobe ARM quot quot c program files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - c programdata Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Bluetooth lnk - c program files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion policies system quot ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin quot x quot ConsentPromptBehaviorUser quot x quot EnableUIADesktopToggle quot x HKEY LOCAL MACHINE system currentcontrolset control lsa Security Packages REG MULTI SZ kerberos msv schannel wdigest tspkg pku u livessp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control SafeBoot Minimal mcmscsvc quot quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control SafeBoot Minimal MCODS quot quot R BcmVWL Broadcom Virtual Wireless c windows system DRIVERS bcmvwl sys x R btusbflt Bluetooth USB Filter c windows system drivers btusbflt sys x R btwl cap Bluetooth L CAP Service c windows system DRIVERS btwl cap sys x R mferkdet McAfee Inc mferkdet c windows system drivers mferkdet sys x R Microsoft SharePoint Workspace Audit Service Microsoft SharePoint Workspace Audit Service c program files Microsoft Office Office GROOVE EXE - - R ose Office Source Engine c program files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE ... Read more

A:internet connection lost after combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/425325 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425325/internet-connection-lost-after-combofix/
Relevancy 55.9%

Two days ago I was browsing the net on my Connection Solved: Internet Lost PC when the wife called me to go to the store I shut down my PC in the normal manner and Solved: Lost Internet Connection went When I came back I fired up Solved: Lost Internet Connection the PC and couldn t connect to the internet I m on ATT DSL using their Siemans SpeedStream modem feeding a Linkys WRT GS Router via an ethernet cable The router connects to my wifes computer with another ethernet cable thats how I m connecting to send this and my PC connects via a Linksys WMP GS PCI adapter card I ve been running this combo for about months now with no problems once I got it set up Now all of a sudden I can t connect to the internet with my PC I can connect to the router with no problem according to the Network Monitor program from Linksys Interestingly the modem Internet light is not on yet the wifes PC connects to the net with no problem while mine cannot Any body have any ideas AT amp T support was of no help once they found out I was connecting with the one computer They say it is a router problem nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I posted the message below on another popular Windows forum two weeks ago So far the message has been viewed times yet not a single reply proposing a solution has been posted I am hoping that there may be an Lost Internet Restart Connection on expert on this forum who can shed some light on the problem and hopefully propose a solution For several months I have lost my Internet connection whenever I restart my Windows Home Premium computer Fortunately I use the sleep function at night and only restart two or three times a week I have found a way to connect to the Internet following a restart that works almost every time but it is a nuisance to go through the steps I am hoping that a Internet Connection Lost on Restart description of the procedure I use will prompt someone to suggest a permanent fix to the problem so the computer will come up with an Internet connection following a restart After a restart and no Internet connection the Network and Sharing Center shows two networks when there should be only one They are Network - Home network - Connection Mynetworkname Broadband Unidentified network - Public network - Connection Mynetworkname Broadband I have no idea why Internet Connection Lost on Restart the second network is present but it Internet Connection Lost on Restart is probably at the heart of the problem My correction procedure is the following Click Mynetworkname Broadband and then click Disable Both of the networks described above disappear and the message quot You are currently not connected to any networks quot appears This statement is accurate at this point Next I click Troubleshoot problems and Internet connections A message says quot Troubleshoot and help prevent computer problems quot I click Next and then Troubleshoot my connection to the Internet I am told quot The Mynetworkname Broadband adapter is disabled quot which of course it is I click Try these repairs as an administrator and Resolving problems is displayed The word Fixed appears after the statement quot The Mynetworkname Broadband adapter is disabled quot and I click Close the troubleshooter At this point the Internet connection becomes operational and the Network and Sharing Center shows only one network - the first one shown above and not the unidentified network Any ideas or advice --Jim--

A:Internet Connection Lost on Restart

according to your listed specs--this is a Vista machine?

the 'unidentified' network may be referring to a 'wireless' setup--are you using a router? are you setup wireless?

an easier way to accomplish the procedure that you described is--simply open 'device manager' disable network adapter--then 'enable' it--which should make it function
it would make it easier to assist you if you describe your connection--for example:
modem>router>computer(laptop or desktop?)>wireless enabled? etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267347-internet-connection-lost-restart.html
Relevancy 55.9%

HELP
Dell Latitude laptop with Netgear WG511v2 54 Mbps wireless PC card #2.
I had no problem connecting to the internet @ LaQuinta hotel last week. Now that I am at my friends residence, I am able to connect sometimes through the linksys network and access the internet, but it continuously disconnects and reads "Unable to connect to wireless network", "Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks. Windows will keep trying to connect. To see a list of all networks, click this message." I can then right-click on the computer connection icon and it indicates"Wireless Connection 3 -Connected but with no signal and then it goes to "This page cannot be displayed". Is the signal strength the problem? What must be done to keep connected?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I loose my internet connection many times every day after I have changed from XP to Vista - Then I need to repair my internet connection with with Connection Vista Internet ? Lost vista so I can use the internet again for a couple of hours I use a Lost Internet Connection with Vista ? Motorola SBV Cable modem and my computer is a HP I have changed the cable modem but that did not help my internet connector says that there is nothing wrong with the connection And I have a Realtek RTL X Family Fast Eternet NIC I have the new driver for that but that did also not help I have triede to contact HP but they can't help me - I have tried to contact microsoft and they can't help me I have also tried to contact realtek but they do not write back - The error I get from vista is Problem Event Name NetworkDiagnosticsFramework Vendor Microsoft DLL NapHelperClass Class NetworkAccessProtection Version ProblemType Diagnosis Attributes HelperClassParamter FEF OS Version Locale ID Please Help

Relevancy 55.9%

I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z Laptop with XP SP2, Zone Alarm, and an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection.

I have suddenly lost my Wireless Connection. We have two Broadband Connections (PC's) in the house and there are lots of others in the local area. When I click on View Available Wireless Connections there is nothing.

I have uninstalled the Driver and rebooted. I have looked in Device Manager and there are no yellow ! or red X against the Intel Wireless Connection. I have tried an Ethernet cable and while I get a Network Connection I do not get an Internet Connection.

Help would be appreciated

Relevancy 55.9%

What PITA if I ever saw one!

I just got done upgrading my wife's newer desktop PC that had Windows 8 on it. Did the simple (but LONG) upgrade to 8.1.

Now this PC can NOT access the internet. In Network settings, it's showing the Network Adapter and Access point have a strong signal off my Wi-Fi router, but when I open a Browser or Email NOTHING !!

I've checked Firewall settings etc.... to no avail.

Also, this PC is showing a DIFFERENT access point than my other devices that connect through my Wireless router.

What do I need to do to get this thing working correctly ?
TIA !

A:Just Lost Internet Connection after upgrading to 8.1 !

Make sure that you do not have the Wifi set for hidden on the Router or Access Point.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47921-just-lost-internet-connection-after-upgrading-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My internet is cutting off when I am lost. Is Internet being connection this a virus? checking my email and intermittently when online I now Internet connection being lost. Is this a virus? suspect from having read some other threads that I may have a virus I am Internet connection being lost. Is this a virus? running Norton but it is not picking anything up I am running XP home edition and Outlook I enclose my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c progr... Read more

A:Internet connection being lost. Is this a virus?

sorry I am bumping this as I have heard nothing and would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-being-lost-is-this-a-virus.691376/
Relevancy 55.9%

have a windows vista pc, its an hp, and i deleted some stuff as it was purchased from a friend, obviously deleted too much now have no iinternet connections. tried to add, only choices are broadband and dialup, and those dont work. tried plugging in ethernet directly, no luck there either. after hours of trying, eventually end up with it tell me i need to download driver update for nvidia, but i cant get to the internet!!!!! HELP!!!!! tried the commands posted by phantom010 but that didnt work either. very very frustrated!

Relevancy 55.9%

Here is my Trojan/Internet connection lost problem McAfee detected trojans Generic dx tgj on my computer Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP Trojan/Internet connection lost Service Pack ever since then I keep getting the Win error and x memory exception messages sorry forgot to write down the exact thing it said earlier After I get those messages the internet connection is lost and I have to reboot to access the internet The computer slows down as well it froze while I was trying to post a Trojan/Internet connection lost new message on here with my problem so trying once again Please help in solving this problem Thanks in advance Here is the HijkackThis log for your reference Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system CSHelper exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system LxrSII s exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Documents and Settings Kuntal Local Settings Application Data Lexar Media LxrAutorun exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft ... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there Any help most appreciated please I am unable to connect my laptop to the internet through my home wireless network connection First thing to say is connection my internet laptop Lost that the broadband network connection is fine This is proven by the fact that we have one family PC connected fine and all other devices connected fine too these include other laptops and mobile phones too So the issue is related to my laptop only The internet connection is through cabled Virgin Media UK broadband connected to a Virgin modem with a Netgear WGR wireless router Also Lost my laptop internet connection my laptop connects to the internet fine using an Lost my laptop internet connection O mobile dongle So there is is some kind of setting on my laptop for ny home network that is wrong Laptop is a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Home Premium bit It was working fine a few weeks ago so not sure what's happened I usually connect by doing the following Clicking on 'Connect to a Network' Clicking on Johnsxx our network name However the network name Johnsxx is now missing I have tried various things to try to get it added again without success and I am now stuck When Lost my laptop internet connection I try to set it up again it says no 'No Wireless Networks found' The network name Johnsxx also shows under the 'Manage wireless Network'section so not sure what is wrong Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance Paul

A:Lost my laptop internet connection

Eek. You may have a bad card. How old is it?

Have you tried connecting through the cable?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295765-lost-my-laptop-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 55.9%

After upgrading from IE to IE I am fairly sure not toally positive this was the cause I am running an HP PAvilion with WIn Home Premeium bit Several months ago I had a malware infiection mostlikely through a drive by download of a program called Sendori I was able to sucessfully remove the infection During that time I turned off my Auto-install of Windows updates and did them manually I held off installing IE for a bit For a time I forgot I had shut off the Windows auto-install About a week ago the prompt reminded me of updates I installed all the major updates except for IE and a coupld of NET framwork updates as I did not want to overwhelm my system tThe installs did create Restore points Once I got the other updates installed I let IE and the NET framework update install Once my computer rebooted I tried to open up IE It tried to go to my home page but IE said the page could not be displayed And it was my normal homepage Somewhat unsusal I then tried to update MBAM 's databases MBAM said it could not connect I then noticed that Norton Internet Security had a red check in it I opened MIS and tried to manually perform an update Same thing as MBAM --- could not connect I tried t o update my older version of AdAware and was it able to update I then opened SpyBot S amp D V and it was able to update I opened my local area connection status window and noticed that there was little activity BUT it showed what I Lost partial internet connection asume was a goodly number of received bytes I then performed a System Restore to the last known good update I did a few days before Once the machine rebooted everything seemed normal I could update NIS and MBAM and access the internet through IE I assumed that the restore worked I have done restore before I thought I did everything correctly MBAM I have the paid version prompted me to update to the latest version I let that download and install and MBAM said it needed Lost partial internet connection to reboot the machine to install fully Without thinking I let the machine reboot not remembering the gt NET Framework and IE updates After reboot the same thing happened as described above IE could not Lost partial internet connection access even my home page and MBAM could not update I did another system restore to the know good point Again I thought I did everything correctly After the reboot I still had IE installed and partial internet connetion I again openned up the Local connection and Lost partial internet connection found bytes received was moving I opened up Windows update and found or new IE updates Now Norton popped up with an error and MBAM still said it could not update I went back to theSystem Restore and discovered all of my restore points were gone At this point I am at a loss to under stand what happened I m writing this on my Daughters OLD laptop Win XP mostly updated with intermitant connection I may hook it up to my cable modem but then again I may need my PC to be connected to I can run various things I have in the past let Windows install IE NET updates with no problems Any help or insight would be appreciated Please NOTE that I may seem to be unresponsive at time but this is because of my work schedule I work second shift and the laptop may not be available for a day or so

A:Lost partial internet connection

If you are connecting directly to your cable modem this may be part of your issue.  Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) locked the cable modem to the device it is connect to it.  In order to connect a new/different device you need to power cycle the cable modem.

I would recommend if at all possible to connect through a router.  A route makes it easier to connect multiple devices to your Internet connection and provides a level of security by dropping all non-requested information.

When your Internet is not working run IPCONFIG from a command prompt and see what your IP address is that will be helpful in determining where  your issue is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536616/lost-partial-internet-connection/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok, AIM has been kicking me off and then not allowing me to sign back on. It comes up with the message "Connection Lost. Check you internet connection" whenever I try to sign back on. Or sometimes it will be "connecting..." forever and not do anything. And other times it says that I'm trying to log on too soon and to try again later. I would appreciate any help here... I've done searches on AIM viruses and I've got nothing to help me with mine. Thank you for your help.

A:AIM telling me i've lost internet connection...

Does this happen often?

Usually it's just a temporary communication problem.

What version of AIM are you using?
If it's the latest 5.9, maybe uninstall it and try an older version.

You can get it from here: http://www.oldversion.com/

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-telling-me-ive-lost-internet-connection.289269/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am a brand new poster to this site I have looked for info but not found it yet I picked up a trojan or so I thought I search the web for help and found a link for Combofix Like a Used ComboFix, Internet lost connection idiot I just downloaded it and ran it My only problem is I cannot fix my internet connection since running ComboFix The rest of the computer runs fine I found info on Major Geeks site which is how I got to your site and started to go through the Malware cleaning process When it came to Combofix I did not run it again but all the simple steps to repair the internet connection will not work Of course Windows says there is no problem with the Local Area Connectin Status I did not finish the Malware cleaning process Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection as Major Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection Geeks referred me to your site for help I am using DLink router DI- which is connected to the problem computer via Cat My laptop uses one other wired and another laptop Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection uses the wireless function These other computers access the web just fine I do have logs from the cleaning process Thanks for the help

A:Used ComboFix, lost Internet connection

Log on as an administrator, go Start > Run and type: "cmd". In the window that appears type: "netsh winsock reset". When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset." Close the command box and reboot your computer.Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot.Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261148/used-combofix-lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been able to connect to Internet on my desktop HP Pavilion Vista Home Edition. Suddenly, I cannot connect. I can connect to my wireless home network, although even though it says I am connected, the icon on the taskbar says it is an unidentified network. When I view the network map, there is an X over the connection from my wireless network to the Internet. I have one other desktop and two laptops (two laptops are Vista Home Edition, and desktop is XP) and they have no problems. If I assume it is my HP, then what do I do?
Running the diagnostic it suggests I unplug router, etc., and I did that with no luck. Besides, the other computers in the house have no problems. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I play games like Halo and Unreal Tourney 2004 on a laptop and there has been a prblem. Basically, I frequently get a "network connection lost" on Halo every five minutes and have to reenter the game. On Tourney, I also lag out about every five minutes where I can shoot but nothing comes out and everyone is running into walls, but I don't get disconnected from the game. What can I do about this, perhaps some internet connectivity test someone can recommend?

A:Internet Connection gets lost frequently.

Are you using wire or wireless connection, if you use a wireless connection sometimes you lose the connection, it happened to me a year ago, i was playing ut for 10 min and lost the connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-gets-lost-frequently.607900/
Relevancy 55.9%

A friend of mine has lost her cable internet connection prior to a blackout from lightening storm a week ago. She uses window Xp home and her cable does not use a router.She had called the technical support which blamed on her computer and suggested a modem switch which she has yet to do. I contact the tech support myself a couple of times.. One of them told me to reverse the cable connection from the wall and the modem and blamed the actual cable.. The other one blamed the computer because the computer couldn't open ms-doc (?) using run and typing "command." I am not exactly computer literate but any suggestion do go about this? Maybe run commands or "Computer Networking?"

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I was trying to browse the internet earlier and I randomly just lost my internet connection My homepage loaded up just fine but then I tried to go to connection Randomly lost internet another site It was taking a while to load After about a minute a page finally came up that said quot Server not Randomly lost internet connection found Randomly lost internet connection quot I use firefox Randomly lost internet connection I can t get on any websites now and I can t get internet on any of my wireless devices either When I right clicked my network icon on the toolbar and clicked on diagnose and repair it said quot There may be a problem with the DNS Windows attempted to find the well known host www microsoft com using dns The server responded that the name was unknown quot I have Windows Vista Now I have no idea what I could have done I didn t do anything out of the normal just tried to go to a website that I frequently visit with no problems and this happened This is what I get when I type ipconfig all in cmd prompt I am on a laptop not connected to the same network so I have to type this out There may be some mistakes but I ll try to make sure there aren t C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - B- -C -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ec f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-CA- - - - - B- -C -FB Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Psuedo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap digis net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description T Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And when I ping yahoo my homepage C Users user gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I done a malwarebytes scan today after i saw some ads showing up although i had ad block, after doing my scan and deleting the found issue i could no longer access applications which require internet although my internet is fully working. I tried doing a pc restore but nothing changed, so i converted it back to the original. Help will be highly appreciated.  

A:Ran malwarebytes and then i lost internet connection

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!
My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully:
My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!
If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
Step 1
Click
In the Start Search box, type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Then type

netsh winsock reset

and press ENTER.

Afterwards reboot your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574095/ran-malwarebytes-and-then-i-lost-internet-connection/
Relevancy 55.9%

I m completely riddled as to why this happened but the chain of events leading up to this is today I got a new modem router to connect to which I set up to lost suddenly Internet connection use successfully However what occurred afterwards was that some of my program that I used to be able to run on this computer suddenly don t work Some examples are League of Legends - Can not log into the game in client Steam - Can t connect to steam servers Some streams I used to go to - Giving me a out of reach error or can not connect to the streams at all Speedtest - Suddenly takes around seconds before the test even starts to run So far I ve Internet connection suddenly lost try resetting the internet explorer settings restarting computer multiple times reinstalling the programs switching to direct wired connection to the internet rather than wireless some commands on cmd as adminstrator netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew No luck on anything tried Note Firewall is off tried running the programs on Internet connection suddenly lost a fresh restart with no programs open nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell laptop Win XP SP that got a Trojan FakeAlert arewcmosnx exe bug on Malwarebytes caught it and removed it but now I have no Internet connection The quot radio Lost Internet IP no addresses - connection quot shows a good signal and the link says it is connected but no browser will work ipconfig all does not work - says it cannot get host name There are no IP addresses in the connection properties Attempting to fix it I first ran WinsockxpFix exe Lost Internet connection - no IP addresses to repair the IP problem Did not fix it Lost Internet connection - no IP addresses Next I asked Malwarebytes support for help Followed all their instructions including dds combofix and otm This took all day yesterday due to having to download on a working computer on the same DSL service that continues to work fine port to a flash drive etc They have declared my computer to be clean of infections now I have tried repairing the connection many times with no change in the browser state Note I am an experienced computer person but this one has me stumped I cannot quot repair quot XP - the only option Dell gives me is to restart at the factory state Can anyone offer suggestions or should I call AT amp T Dsl support now

A:Lost Internet connection - no IP addresses

I have this same problem, i being working on it for the past 3days with no solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431149/lost-internet-connection-no-ip-addresses/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I recently installed HideMyAss on my PC with no apparent problems and once I d ascertained it was doing as I d expected I then shut my PC down However later that same day I switched the computer back on and was unable to gain access to the Internet my web browser is Firefox and my OS is Windows XP I had earlier ascertained that since I d installed HMA new local area connections had appeared in the Network Connections area LAC appeared to be inoperative but HMA appeared to be using the new LAC However VPN after lost Internet connection installing when I switched back on the Network Connection panel stated that the network cable for LAC was unplugged Upon Internet connection lost after installing VPN opening up the HMA application via the icon in the taskbar a message in the Dashboard appeared stating that Internet connection lost after installing VPN the program configuration and server list did not load correctly etc etc The funny thing is that my internet radio and IPad upon which I haven t set up HMA were both working with no problems whatsoever presumably because they were using my original local area connection i e the one which existed before I installed HMA Following advice from HMA technical support I removed HMA from my PC and the two new LACs have been removed but I m now in a worse situation than I was before i e I still can t access the Net from my PC but can do so via my Ipad amp internet radio Can anyone tell me how this issue can be rectified Is there anything I may have done which may have caused this situation Can anyone recommend a VPN other than HMA which will not give rise to these complications Please could you bear in mind that you ll be replying to someone who is not a techie so I d be very grateful if you could do so in relatively simple terms Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance nbsp

A:Internet connection lost after installing VPN

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost-after-installing-vpn.1099315/
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer just suddenly lost both LAN and wireless internet connection. It can detect other wireless networks within my area but not mine anymore, my other laptop and i phone can connect to my internet both wireless and wired. I have done everything suggested on Google to resolve this using various commands but still same problem, so I went ahead to format the system and re-install the OS hoping if it was a virus infection that might fix it, but still same problem.

I have connected my Dlink wireless router to another computer and entered its interface and can see a 192 class of IP address for all my devices including the faulty computer, but the faulty laptop doesn't get any lease and also its acquiring a 168 class of IP.

So over to the gurus, help me

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Brother MFC3100c Multifunction printer/fax/copier/scanner attached to my computer and am running Win xp Pro. Occasionally ( it doesn't happen every time I print while on-line, only occasionally) when I print something/anything, I lose the internet connection. I can't go to any site , and the only solution I have been able to find, is to do a restore to the latest one available. I have been to the Brother site, searched Google, and found nothing. Hopefully someone here could give me a clue as to what is happening. with thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-lost-after-printing.174967/