Windows Support Forum

Burning with an External

Q: Burning with an External

Hey,

I have a little bit of a problem. I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition. And I wanna burn a DVD to put in my DVD Player. But see I need to use DVD-R but my Internal Burner can only burn DVD+R and I got an External Burner that burns DVD-R But I seem to not be able to burn. Because I go to select a burner and the External does not show up.

Info.

I'm using USB to plug it in.
It's a Plextor Burner.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Burning with an External

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Burning with an External

Unplug the external drive then reinsert it into the usb port then start Nero, it should work. If not try Deepburner, it's free. http://www.deepburner.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-with-an-external.93392/
Relevancy 48.59%

OK... this might sound crazy...
I want to burn 10 DVD's from a single machine
I want to burn these to external drives

Can this be done WITHOUT effecting performance?
The average DVD would take 3 minutes to burn (I only have a small amount of data)
Is there anyway in which I could have all 10 DVD's burned in 3 minutes!?
(Assuming they are all started exactly at the same time)

With USB... I'm guessing this is impossible? I would imagine this is the case even if I had externally powered USB hubs?
But even with something else - like Firewire for example... there has to be the data transfer - that would use CPU

The alternative for me is to get 10 DVD duplicators - but this then proves to be expensive!

Thanks
OM

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I'm using Transcend External DVD writer TSXDVDRW-K For some reason I can read CDs with no problem DVD External Problem Burning but whenever I try to burn a CD with the CD Writing wizard I getting the quot There is no disc External DVD Burning Problem in the drive quot message External DVD Burning Problem Some important notes I am using windows XP SP I must use the microsfot CD writing wizard and no other third party SW Due to my application requirements The writing works just fine with other SW such as CDBurnerXP I've already tried - Enabling the 'enable burning' option under 'Recording' in the properites of the drive I had to go first through the regedit and change drive type from to - Tried to use different CDs and verified I indeed using a valid CD - Checked all connection of the drive The fact that I can burn a CD with different SW proves that the Hardware is ok - Contacted Transcend which didn't give me any good answer quot check connection quot etc - Ran the auto fix for auto detection of hardware supplied by Microsoft - Cleaned Upper filter and lower filter I will really apreciate any input on the subject Gil

A:External DVD Burning Problem

Quote:

Due to my application requirements

What are your Application Requirements that make you feel that you need to use the Windows burning program only?
What type of disc are you trying to burn? (eg) Data, Audio, etc?
What type of disc are you using? (eg)CD/DVD-RW or +-R discs? RW discs are harder to work with and may require that they be Formatted before use.
What brand of blank are you using? Use only name brand blanks (eg) Sony, Verbatim, TDK etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/external-dvd-burning-problem-751129.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Am I overlooking something with my LG Super Multi in an external case via either USB or IEEE94 where, instead of burning a CD, it sits there blinking at me? I'm using Nero 6.6 and XP Pro. Device Manager says all is well. Nero _appears_ to start burning to 5% (the buffer fills), but in fact the blank CD remains empty, and a marking-of-time begins. Is it possible I'm trying to do the impossible by attempting to burn via an external burner? tia

A:External CD Burning with XP and Nero

No reason why it shouldn't work fine that way. Is the drive supported by Nero?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-cd-burning-with-xp-and-nero.694162/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey everyone i so RW burning DVD/CD External ever slow?? just got a new external dvd cd rw which i was so happy about cause my desktop one External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow?? was not burning right at all it use to fail all the time so now with this one i burnt a cd containing tracks and it took over mins to burn Also last night i thought ill try and do a back up of one of my dvds and it took over hours but cause it told me it has to encode and stuff External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow?? i thought that was normal now today i burnt a cd a standard track cd and it took mins long so im stunned at why this speed is so slow normally it takes mins max any ideas why i think External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow?? maybe their is some options that i need to uncheck or check Oh i forgot to add that alot of my back up cds are on a external hard drive so i dunno if thats got somthing to do with the delay but their must be somthing i can do to speed this up its a joke thank you nbsp

A:External DVD/CD RW burning ever so slow??

It sounds like you may have been trying to burn an audio cd using files that are not in WAV format, and a Video DVD using files that are not DVD compatible. When you are burning a video DVD, it is essential to have your video files in a DVD-compatible MPEG format.

You could also try solving this problem by burning a data CD / DVD (using any file types), but then they would only play on the computer and not on a standalone player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-dvd-cd-rw-burning-ever-so-slow.435128/
Relevancy 48.59%

The problem Right so my laptop is not in a happy place Corrupted windows files all over the place on the Vista side and hardware that doesn't offer linux support on the linux side and to top it all off a broken disk drive It's not in a happy place What I'm trying to do Reinstall Windows Vista in whatever terrible manner to provide myself with functionality until I can work up the down payment for the laptop Whoever thought up that should be shot to have Gateway service it How I'm trying to do it I need to reinstall but without a disk drive I'm having a few Burning an to external iso an drive issues I just tried installing to my external on another computer and then was going to just run from the external but my restore disk is refusing to do that go figure So now I'm going to try ripping an image of my restore disc to an iso file done and then I need to burn that to my external and I can then install from the external to my laptops harddrive hopefully Only problem I have no idea how to do this Whenever I burn an image I've Burning an iso to an external drive always used nero or roxio I'm currently using roxio which doesn't seem to have a way to do this If anyone has any advise better than quot Buy a new computer quot I would Burning an iso to an external drive appreciate it Thank you very much Serenity

A:Burning an iso to an external drive

Try ashampoo:
http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-Bur...-10776287.html
I use it for ISO burning. Works great. And its free. You can also use alcohol120 for a limited time, then you have to pay for. Alcohol50 is free. Ashampoo has a better interface, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-an-iso-to-an-external-drive-352916.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an Archos MiniCD-RW (161024) external writer which is connected to my laptop running W-XP.
Whenever I try - or should I say almost always, because it does work sometimes! - to write files to a CD, eg my whole My Documents folder for back-up reasons, the writer starts happily and carries out its duties in a few minutes. After finishing it tells me that the burning process was completed successfully.
However, if I try to check what has actually been put on the CD, my laptop - or someone elses - doesn't even seem to recognise that there is CD in the drive. It either tells me "That function is invalid" or "Please insert a CD in drive D" - though I of course have just done that.
Any suggestions what the problem might be?
Cheers, Ollie

Relevancy 48.16%

I noticed that this new USP external drive burn and write stuff slower then my previous internal DVD Drive Does anyone know what problem is causing it My new USP drive LITE-ON Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache USB External DVD Burner Model SHW- SX My Mobo spec yr old Mobo Motherboard Name Chaintech AJA E Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type DEC Alpha EV Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type SDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type PCI Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots ISA PCI AGP AMR DVD Drive Slow Is Burning For My External RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Form Factor ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset KT A nbsp

A:Burning Is Slow For My External DVD Drive

your mobo is pretty old and I dont believe it supports USB 2.0 so the external burner it is operating at usb 1.1 speeds which are slower than an internal burner on a IDE channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-is-slow-for-my-external-dvd-drive.52766/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have properly attached an External CD- Drive [with great help from Tech Support Guy Forum].
I did this because there is no CD Drive installed in the Desk Top, only a DVD Drive.
I am using [Windows XP].
Can now use the external CD drive to play all my cd's...But here is my question: Can I also burn data onto a CD-R using the external CD drive unit?
Forgive my ignorance...but thats why I joined the forum....."I'm not the sharpest tack in the box".

A:Solved: CD Burning with External CD Drive?

Have you now marked this "Solved"? How did you solve it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-burning-with-external-cd-drive.1043910/
Relevancy 47.73%

G'day People,
My son copied some down loaded movies onto my external hard drive for me. He thought I had a USB on my TV but I don't. I am able to watch the movies on my computer. I would prefer to watch them on my TV in the lounge. Please could somebody tell me how I can burn them to a DVD disk. I have tried with my Nero 11 program. Everything seems to go fine. I received the message your DVD burned successfully. When I put the disk in the DVD player I receive a message "This disk is dirty". I have tried with a -R & a +R and also a RW all turn out the same and do not play. My computer runs Windows Vista. I clicked on properties for the movie, the file is a AVI file and the size is 673mb. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers Perry

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello guys!
Good day for all of you!
Today I tried to burn a Win7 ISO file on my External Hard Drive, I used poweriso and it failed to burn with NTFS file system, whenever it is FAT32 it succeed, I used Rufus it also failed .
Is is possible to burn it on my external hard drive with NTFS file system ?
My external hard drive is 500GB, ADATA Brand
thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393074-burning-win7-iso-my-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a LaCie 500gb external harddrive that I use to back up my laptop and store large files. It has its own power supply and connects to my computer by USB. The other day I plugged it into the power supply and noticed it wouldnt turn on and there was an electrical burning smell coming from the plug on the harddrive. Is it possible that it is just the plug damaged and my data is still ok? Can I remove the data from the harddrive somehow? Would it be worth trying to get someone to repair it or should I just buy a new one?

I don't know alot about this sort of thing and any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

A:External harddrive not working, burning smell, can I retrive my data or repair it?

Yes Ur Harddisk Is Damaged Nothing will be retrive from It

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-harddrive-not-working-burning-smell-can-i-retrive-my-data-or-repair-it.130489/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 32.25%

Looking to buy an external hard drive for backup. This will be used only to backup data periodically. This is certainly a good price ($140):

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1474205

I've never heard of it. Anyone have any experience with that brand?

A:Opinions on BeyondMicro External Hard Drive?-or recommendations on External Case?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-on-beyondmicro-external-hard-drive-or-recommendations-on-external-case.381320/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi everyone My setup Dell running Windows XP SP with internal DSL modem isp is xmission Linksys WRT router I get my internet through the internal modem and I m able to access the internet on the computer that the modem is installed in and then I have a network cable going from the box with my modem in it to a wireless router and I have a good internet connection on all of my local boxes Now I have an external IP External Router, w/ local network? DSL to Modem get Internal IP External into how + address on that computer so I m able to ssh ping it etc I Internal DSL Modem w/ External IP + External Router, how to get into local network? have tried numerous tutorials and guides on how to go through this computer and get into my local network to access machines in my home remotely from work the road etc But I think the internal modem gives me some problems for some weird reason I don t quite understand how to get through the router I think what s happening is I have my internet gateway computer in front of the router and then all the local boxes behind the router and I can t get past the router Could anyone enlighten me as to how I would SSH into or even PING machines in my local network from a remote location Many thanks and Merry Christmas nbsp

A:Internal DSL Modem w/ External IP + External Router, how to get into local network?

My interpretation is that you have dial-up internet access and are using ICS? Correct?

If the above is correct does the ICS machine connect to the router's WAN port or a LAN port?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-dsl-modem-w-external-ip-external-router-how-to-get-into-local-network.782565/
Relevancy 32.25%

icon fr the external drive (G) is lost while for other more external drives is ok...it happened after i installed a software n created a virtual ddrive on my computer and then unstalled it...help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-icon-fr-the-external-drive-g-is-lost-while-for-other-more-external-drives-is-ok.645391/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am new to this forum and to posting tech questions online in general so hopefully I can describe what s going on accurately My computer has had no problems to iPod, External device) memory drives working (e.g. external not speak of lately I had not synced my iPod nano in some time maybe a month or two so I plugged it in yesterday to sync it I received the following message quot iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted You may need to restore this iPod before it External drives (e.g. iPod, external memory device) not working can be used with External drives (e.g. iPod, external memory device) not working iTunes quot I have since discovered the problem has nothing to do with External drives (e.g. iPod, external memory device) not working the iPod itself The iPod plays all the music and podcasts that are currently on it just fine When I plug it into my girlfriend s computer her iTunes recognizes it just fine as my iPod and I was able to pull videos off of it I am now pretty certain the problem is with my USB drives I have an external memory drive that I use to back up documents - I had not used this in some time either Out of curiosity I plugged it in and it s not working either When I plug it in and turn it on nothing pops up and when I try to do certain actions to check on it like open My Computer the system freezes and I end up having to manually shut down the computer and restart I have gone through several threads on various forums and tried almost everything but nothing has resolved this issue Some threads suggested that plugging in certain devices can mess up your USB drives like this and a few weeks ago I did plug my girlfriend s printer into one of my USBs - I did get it to work but things were a little screwy with it so I m wondering if somehow that did something Other than that I can t think of anything else that has changed since the last time everything worked So far I have tried changing the drive letter on the iPod I have tried cleaning up my USB drives by using drivecleanup exe I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drives through Device Manager and I tried restoring my computer to a time when everything was working - none of this has fixed the problem and I m now at a loss Also FYI it s not easy for me to reinstall my operating system I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack because I purchased my computer from a custom dealer so I do not own my operating system CDs - they just load the OS onto the computer for you I can take it in to have it reinstalled but it costs and I just did that a few months ago so I really don t want to spend that much to do it again if it s not absolutely necessary especially since everything else on the computer is working fine I am hoping someone will have some insight on this and can help me out Any advice is welcome this has become extremely frustrating and time consuming Thanks Jon nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-drives-e-g-ipod-external-memory-device-not-working.171337/
Relevancy 32.25%

So I want to clone one external 2TB with another. So one drive is the main use one and another the backup one. So I copy everything over to backup and i store the backup at another house and then I start using the main: deleting and adding/editing files. What is the best software or whatever to allow me, after some time, synchronize/clone the externals again without deleting all on the backup drive and recopying? (main to backup) and make them clones again? ..Adding and deleting or replacing any nonidentical files.. Like where i can press a button on some software and it do the work for me.
Sorry if this is confusing

A:Best external to external hard drive synchronized backup plan?

There's a bunch of applications that can do that.

They all work pretty much the same way, but would differ in how easy they are to understand and configure---the interfaces would differ and the help files would differ.

I use FreeFileSync from sourceforge.net.

Others are Syncback, Folder Clone, Karen's Replicator, FBackup, Second Copy, and Synchromagic.

You should be able to configure them to do one or the other of the following:

1: If you delete or modify a file on the "original", it will also be deleted or modified on the backup.

2: If you delete a file on the "original", it will be retained on the backup. If you modify a file, both the modified and unmodified file will be retained on the backup.

It's up to you which choice you prefer. I use the first method, which is often called "mirroring"--one drive is an exact match of the other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346288-best-external-external-hard-drive-synchronized-backup-plan.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I just spent like hours copying K files TB from a USB ext drive to a TB USB partition but at the very end I from to Copied external Folder? 600K external, files Merge got a handful of prompts to replace folders that already existed in the newly created folder asked me to merge the original folder with the one just copied on the destination drive eventually asking for permission to replace thousands of items and that's what it's doing now I don't know what's going on It appears that all files are there in both folders on each drive with the exception of half a dozen that wouldn't copy due to long filenames Nearest I can guess is Copied 600K files from external to external, Merge Folder? it is writing DOS names in addition to Windows names so the computer is going to spend more than a dozen more hours doing that Windows Explorer copy wrongly offers to merge folders Windows Explorer Copied 600K files from external to external, Merge Folder? copy wrongly offers to merge folders The folder being copied that is being merged is called Drive D probably from a backup of Win SE being restored onto a Win XP machine so it may resemble a system folder to Win

A:Copied 600K files from external to external, Merge Folder?

Mac - Recovering Data ... Sad Story of the "Replace Folder" Dialog Recovering Data ... Sad Story of the "Replace Folder" Dialog - MacRumors Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266201-copied-600k-files-external-external-merge-folder.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop running Windows 10. I have just purchased a Dell U2515H monitor which I am waiting for delivery for as we speak. I believe the monitor has quiet a few inputs however I am not 100% sure which lead to get to connect them both and which port I use on the Dell Laptop. Looking on the left hand side of my laptop there is a port with a lightning sign next to it, is that called Thunderbolt? and is that my monitor/display port? and what lead do I need? it looks like some sort of micro socket!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19981508
Relevancy 31.82%

I just recently recieved this GB in eSATA External rpm Hard Drive http www buy com prod Value Drive ml prodInfoSec and I plugged it directly into my free SATA port new Problem external Hardrive recognizing external SATA on my mobo I then followed the directions to format but after going to gt Rightclick My Computer gt Manage gt Disk Management the drive is not showing up at all I double checked to make sure the power was going Problem recognizing new external SATA external Hardrive to the hardrive and double checked both ports to make sure everything was plugged in Could anyone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong This external hard drive already came in a enclosure with a seal The only thing I can think of is Problem recognizing new external SATA external Hardrive that it may also be set to be a Master but I didn t want to crack the enclosure which would void the warranty without knowing what to do Below are links to the specs of my computer and mobo http support dell com support edocs systems dim en sm techov htm wp http support dell com support edocs systems dim en sm specs htm wp nbsp

A:Problem recognizing new external SATA external Hardrive

A sata drive has no master/slave jumper so that wouldn't be a factor in it not working. I believe you still have to load sata drivers to make the drive work. If the drive didn't come with them then you could probably download them form the manufacturer's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-recognizing-new-external-sata-external-hardrive.66381/
Relevancy 30.96%

I m not sure if I should have put this in quot Hardware quot or not so I am by far a professional at this so hang in there with me if I confuse you A few months ago my children broke the screen on my laptop and for a few weeks I was trying to use the External Monitor so it would show up on a monitor my sister gave me Well I finally got that up and working however now when I connect my external hard drive to the laptop it will not show up on the desktop monitor The external hard drive is Western Digital This external monitor is a new thing for me actually I knew you could do it but with Help Hard External External and Monitor Drive didn t try it as an option until my nephew - who is much younger than me - thought of it lol Anyway I have Help with External Monitor and External Hard Drive pictures and such on my external hard drive that were put onto the external by Help with External Monitor and External Hard Drive the very laptop I am using I m not totally sure of the montior I am using all I can tell you at the moment is it s a Dell The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A S the laptop has Vista Home Basic bit and I believe the desktop monitor is running with Vista too but I m not sure if that s important since it is only serving as a quot view quot Anyway I would love some help with why the drive may not be working with this set up Thanks Kerri nbsp

A:Help with External Monitor and External Hard Drive

This may seem like a silly question, have you tried the HD on another PC to see if the issue is with that?
Also, are you saying it's not showing up in 'My Computer', or are you not getting the option to open files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-external-monitor-and-external-hard-drive.983998/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have an HDD from a kaput (long story) Toshiba Laptop with a nicely running Windows 10 Technical Preview Operating System. I would like to put it in an enclosure, hook it to my Windows 7 computer and boot it to play with Win 10.
As I understand it from some preliminary research, if I use a USB connection and expect to boot it, there is a lengthy procedure to go through and it can only be done with a blank HDD So I couldn't just put my HDD in and boot.

However, I have an eSATA port on my Toshiba Laptop and am wondering if I get an external enclosure with an eSATA connection, could I use my HDD that already has the OS installed?

Any answers or suggestions?

A:External HDD in an external eSATA enclosure bootable?

Can the laptop boot from the eSATA port? Even if it will you may have issues with incorrect drivers etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/63710-external-hdd-external-esata-enclosure-bootable.html
Relevancy 30.1%

What's the difference between portable external HDD and Desktop external HDD? I notice desktop external HDD cost more.

What's the point of different size of external HDD 2.5" and 3.5 "?

A:portable external HDD Vs. Desktop external HDD?

Quote: Originally Posted by imeem

What's the difference between portable external HDD and Desktop external HDD? I notice desktop external HDD cost more.

What's the point of different size of external HDD 2.5" and 3.5 "?

Size, speed, cabling, cache, etc.
Do you want to use it in a laptop or desktop?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127868-portable-external-hdd-vs-desktop-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi guys,
I recently bought a Toshiba satellite click mini, tried to use my external hard drive but its not showing up at all. Any ideas on how to fix this?
its a Seagate 250gb hard drive. Thanks in advance

A:Satellite click mini not reconising external hard drive or external DVD drive

Originally Posted by rachel.nickells

Hi guys,
I recently bought a Toshiba satellite click mini, tried to use my external hard drive but its not showing up at all. Any ideas on how to fix this?
its a Seagate 250gb hard drive. Thanks in advance

Is it usb powered? If so does the hard drive spin up? Are there any clicking noises from the drive?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83630-Satellite-click-mini-not-reconising-external-hard-drive-or-external-DVD-drive
Relevancy 27.95%

My desktop is not reading a brand new external hd I bought....."SimpleDriveExternalStorage160Gb7200RPM" IT says its in RAW format.It does recognize its there though. But I plug it into my Sony Vaio laptop and it reads all the data on it without a problem. Its got 60 gigs of music. I had the same problem with another external hd (lacie) I had, but I used norton partition magic to reformat it. I was able to get it to work on the desktop pc using fat 32. So what im doing is copying all the data from the simpledrive via usb (1.1) using the laptop to the formatted fat 32 lacie drive. Its taking forever. Is there a quicker way? And why is my desktop unable to read two brand new plug n play external hds without me having to format them?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
Ty

John

Relevancy 27.95%

I am trying to reinstall XPS on a Dell Laptop Mid-way through the reload the internal CD Drive died not surprising because it hadn t been working properly I have an external CD drive and have the OS on an external HD and I can t get the laptop to boot from either device The laptop doesn t want to recognize the external CD Drive even though I changed the boot sequence to boot to the USB device I know the CD is running the laptop doesn t want to recognize it Same exact thing with the external XP with external HD reinstalling and/or CD Help external HD A friend told me there was a file to download on the drive so it knows to boot from it but I have had no luck finding it I should also say that the reinstall was partially finished so when I power on the laptop it goes Help reinstalling XP with external CD and/or external HD back to the step where it stopped before the cd drive went out and then it can t locate the file it needs to continue Thanks for any help suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 27.95%

hi guys, i just tried running comodo(free software) and it looked like it was working ok, but then it gave an error and said there was something wrong with the HDD. i'm now running 'NTI backup NOW' and was wondering if this was the best way to go? it looks like it's making some kind of file from the external drive and putting it onto the other HDD.

thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

Is there something different that should be done in burning a CD of photos for a Mac on a PC?

PP

A:Burning FOR Mac

i know that certain quicktime compressed images will not work on a pc. Typically if you are going pc to mac you shouldnt run into too many problems. Tiff files are fairly universal and should work well in both os's. .bmp's should work well but of course its a lossy file format so depending on your level of needed resolution you might want to try gif or possibly even png. I know adobe cs 2 has the ability to save files in .pict format , or you could even go with a pdf format to be on the safe side. Usually when i go from mac to pc is when i run into problems seeing as macs tend to need extra information to open certian files. Also make sure your cd is ISO level one compliant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-for-mac.460371/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently downloaded Photostory 3 from microsoft. I created a story with and now want to burn it to a DVD. I currently have NERO. How do i do this?

Any Idea's?

A:Burning to DVD

i have'nt used photo story..

what u have created with it? an avi file? or an mpg ?

pl explain.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17648/burning-to-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a toshiba satellite A205, when I try to burn a cd it goes down the list burning, but when finished the cd is blank or about two seconds of the first song only

A:cd burning

Have you tried burning with a different program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.848140/
Relevancy 27.52%

I need help burning a c-d. i dont know what to do. i have windows media player. whenever i click on burn cd it says Interface not registerd. what should i do?

A:C-d burning help!!!

Heres your problem

i had the same problem aswell when i was using media player. If your interface is not working it means that you should redownload media player and get the newest version and make sure your bruning it onto an audio disk not a document disc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-d-burning-help.40078/
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to burn a movie (2 hours worth) on a DVD. It won't fit normally but I think there is an option called "Extended play" or something like that, that will make it that a lot more minutes can fit on a DVD but less quality.

Can anyone help, I want to put this movie on my DVD.

Relevancy 27.52%

You know that little bubble that comes up above the Task Bar (right side) that says 'You have files to be written to CD. Click here...'?

Where does that go when it disappears before you can get back from the other room where you went to get a blank CD because you're so stupidly disorganized you can't stand yourself?

Relevancy 27.52%

I have a DVD that i made of my nephews VMI basketball game and i need help burning a copy!

A:DVD Burning

What burning software do you have on your PC?

How did you make the first DVD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.848325/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi i have LG hl-dt-st dvd-ram gsa-h54n DVD-ROM

with ashampoo burning software 2009 i can burn DVD-R and CD-RW easily but cannot burn CD-R.
I have tried other softwares and diff CD-R's, i can simulate normal with them but when it starts burning after a min or so it gives me error saying cannot burn, or burning not completed.

I have already tried unintalling and reinstalling on rebooting.
I have update to latest firmware but even after all this i have wasted 2 boxes of new CD-R's trying again and again.

Please help me

A:prb Burning CD with LG

this is strange, i tried Nero 6 and burned CD-R without any prb.

Wonder why other burning softwares didnt burn it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prb-burning-cd-with-lg.845997/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a MB video file that is in Divx AVI format and I would like to burn it to VCD in order to watch it on my home DVD player I have made VCD s in the past but they are usually much smaller files The problem is in order to burn the file to VCD I have to either A chop the file up since when you burn to VCD you have to encode it in a different larger format B encode the file at a lower quality or C overburn a CD I really don t want to do B since I d like to keep it at a high quality and C just worries me for something as unimportant as a video file So I m going with A Of course I m having problems with A When I chop up the file which is in sync the audio gets terribly out of sync I have read the FAQ s on various sites such as VCDhelp com but many of the sync problem fixes seem to be Burning VCD's pretty time consuming and I m really looking for a quot quick fix quot Any suggestions nbsp

A:Burning VCD's

go to http://doom9.net and download DVD2SVCD. Switch it to AVI2SVCD mode and set the time limits (on the bitrate tab) to how many CD's you want the movie to span. (that will make sense once you try the program. Also since you want VCD instead of SVCD then make sure you check MPEG-1 instead of MPEG-2. Hit "go" and in a few hours you will have the movie on 2 CD's (image files) with no sync problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-vcds.78691/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to use convertxtodvd to burn a video. It started to burn but the it stopped and give this error, CANVAS DOES NOT ALLOW DRAWING. Can someone please tell me what thi means and how can i fix it. I am using windows 7

A:Burning dvd

Howdy,

Do you have multiple windows open and or running other programs when encoding?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd.1123975/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've backed up some of my games to my external hard drive. But it's running out of space, so I decided I should burn these to DVDs and keep them. My question is, a normal DVD+R, is 4.3 GB approx. Now how do I burn the ISO image into them, when they are a lot bigger than that. Obviously I need to split them up. Now can anyone tell me how to split the Image up, in that way if I want to reinstall a game, I jsut have to change the disks, like the retail versions. Thank you.

Relevancy 27.52%

I was referred to this site by NERO to see if I can get some help with a technical issue I keep getting while trying to burn DVD s I have a LG external burner connected with a USB cable checkd three different cables also and am using Nero burning software I have attempted numerous times to burn videos onto DVD and keep getting dropped out It has gotten to the point I am using DVD-RW s trying to determine what is causing the drop Please! DVD burning Help with in communication It will get about minutes into the burn writes primary lead in files then freezes I have tried burning at all speed ranges from X all the way to X and it makes no difference it hits the same spot Help with DVD burning Please! and drops communication A check of device driver was done and it shows ok A check of of speed was done and I am sitting just around - mb when it is communicating with the burner The disc are coming back as being good and quality is good Nero tech has reached the end of their options and without saying it point blank has said that something in my XP program is terminating communication to the burner possibly a conflict of a built-in copywrite protection I currently have the service paks loaded in and am running media which I use frequently for webcast of the supercross races I am hoping to find out how to deactivate any Microsoft protection devices that may be causing interruption of the burns I am not trying to profit from what i am doing just trying to get family videos of my kids riding and some back-ups for a few movies Sorry for the ramble I tried including as much info as possible and any tips to eliminate or track this problem will be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-dvd-burning-please.44722/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have all wma. music files but I want to burn it to a mp3 disc cuz my cd player cant play wma but it can play mp3, but nero only allows me to burn wma into wma disc. duz any1 know how to do this?

A:About burning a CD

Well you will need a audio converter. Look here:http://www.e-soft.co.uk/I think in the above link there free but could be a demo.And go tohttp://www.winsite.comAnd hit search winsite. Then type in wma to mp3 or similar. Once you convert the songs you can then burn them to a cd and your ready to go.Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19733/about-burning-a-cd/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi everyone. I am new here so sorry if this is the wrong place for me to post this. I was wondering, is there any way I can burn music on to a CD and play it on EVERY CD player??

Thanks

A:CD Burning

Burn as audio and not data/mp3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-169227.html
Relevancy 27.52%

i have an hd movie that is in MKV format. Nero does not support that file type and most of the video converters i have come out with bad quality when i convert it. does anyone know of a burning program that will allow me to burn that onto a dvd and play it in a dvd player?

A:mkv burning

There are plenty of methods on this forum.Try something:
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/4727p1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mkv-burning.628576/
Relevancy 27.52%

I had this problem a while ago. And i dont know why. I put in a blank CD-R and put my songs in windows media, and click burn. Just like I allways do, and it burns in like 30 seconds and then when i try to play the cd, it doesnt play anything. I turned down the burn speed to slow and it still doesnt work. Someone plz help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-burning.501781/
Relevancy 27.52%

Howdy,

For awhile now, everytime I burn a VCD, the last half~the last quarter (it varies, but it is always the last section of the clips, never the beginning) of the clips do not have audio. I just recently burned a VCD which had 20 clips. The last 7 or so did not have audio. A similar situation has a happened before, multiple times. One time I burned about 8 clips and the last 3 or 4 did not have audio. I am using Nero Express 6.0.0.14 Gateway. I've never had any problems with Nero other than this, and the program has always worked quite well. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is occuring?

Thanks,
CMA

(P.S. I know I posted this in the removable media section, but that section doesn't seem to get hardly any visitors. Plus, you never know, it could have something to do with XP )

A:Burning a VCD....

VCD's have strict encoding standards:
352x240 [email protected] a constant bitrate of 1150bps,and audio @ 44100/196 kbs.

What is the total length of your clips in minutes? VCD uses 10 mb/minute of time, Nero could simply be dumping the audio to fit to the cd or it's encoding the audio to VCD standard and is not being successful.
It could also be a codec problem but I am not sure how.

Try burning to cd-rw to test you will not make so many coasters.
Use something besides Nero, it's great for burning but not for making VCD's try something like Tmpgenc(free for VCD-Mpeg1)for your encoding and google the last freeware copy of VCDeasy for compilation and burning. You will get much better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-a-vcd-77841.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Everytime I try to backup a dvd to iso when I am using dvd shrink, after about five minutes of backing up the file, it gives me an error message saying that there is an I/O device error and backing up cannot continue. i have tried on two different dvd files so I know it wasn't the rip that got messed up. And when I try to burn these files without backing up to iso, using Ulead dvd, after about 5 minutes of burning it gives me an error message saying it can't continue. What is going on?

A:Help with dvd burning

What kind of DVD are you trying to backup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-dvd-burning.502001/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to burn music on my cd-rw.The cd says that it's limit is 700mb but it doesn't mention 80 minutes.Although when I'm trying ro burn music with media player it can't burn more than 80 minutes.Is there a way I can burn more than 80 minutes?
Thanks

A:Burning CDs

Not with a 700MB CD-R

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.324932/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have Windows XP and I have a movie that is in .WMV format. How can I burn it onto a DVD using Nero Burning ROM 8? I think it can only use ISO files?

A:DVD burning.

You need the Nero suite, specifically Nero Vision I think, to make a DVD out of a wmv file.

DVDFlick (www.dvdflick.net) is free and can do the job.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.854113/
Relevancy 27.52%
Q: burning

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to be on but here goes i am burning to disk 198 minutes of home movies and it is taking nearly 12 hours to complete surely this cant be right i am burning at a speed 4 any advice would be welcome, im using convertxtodvd

A:burning

Is it running 2 pass encoding and adding chapters, the manual is here ConvertXtoDVD version 5 Complete Guide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-1070730.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having trouble burning CDs. I down load as flac then convert to wav and burn via “Ashampoo burning studio” I have been doing this for several years with no mishaps but now I am getting crackles on the burned CD and suspect the DVD RW drive I have never cleaned or dusted it. The wav files stored on PC play perfectly so it points to the drive. I am tempted to put a vacuum nozzle in the region of the open CD tray and see if that fixes it. I run a DELL desktop and Vista Home.

Most use a can of clean compressed air. You can get them for a few dollars at a discount computer, electronics, or office store. One thing I did to save money was buy a plastic air pump. It required two hands to operate. But it only cost me $3 or $4 shipping included. It was good enough to blow dust off the keyboard and monitor etc.. For tight spaces though, the can of air with the plastic tube sticking out of the nozzle is tough to beat.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/303835-burning-cds.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I have Windows 98 second edition with a CD-R. I need some step by step instruction on how to burn pictures on to a CD. I have already uploaded them from my digital camera into the camera software, they are also showing up in My Documents. Thanks, Dan

A:Burning a CD

welcome whomper

did the cd burner come with software such as Nero and did you install it?

If so just open the software and follow the instruction...Should be as simple as draging the files into the burn window

ps... I'm going to delete one of your post as they are duplicates

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd.329643/
Relevancy 27.52%

hello,

I have been using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 to burn dvds from .avi files i have stored on my pc. i have been using dvd-rw and dvd+rs at 2X and 4X and the dvd player i have shows this messed up format with parts of the movie going everywhere....however when i fastforward or rewind the dvd it returns to how it should be, but when i press play it begins to mess up, ive tried several burns, but it never changes so it is not the dvds, i wonder if it is my player or possibly the fact the .avi files are widescreen, i do not know.

help is appreciated
dan o d

A:Help with dvd burning

do the dvd's play in the pc? i've used santadvd to convert AVI clips to .vob and then burn them to disc with good success.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-dvd-burning-104779.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I've Been Trying To Burn Dvd's, But I've Been Having One Problem. The Movie Completly Burns, But About An Half An Hour Into The Movie It Will Start To Glich. Can Anyone Tell Me Why This Might Be Doing This. I'm Even Using Dual Layer Dvd's, So I Don't Have To Compress The Movie At All, But It Still Does It. I Burn It At The Slowest Speed To. I Use Nero6 Along With Dvd43 For A Decrypter. Please Help.

A:dvd burning help

On what are you playing it? Maybe your DVD player is not the best for either DVD+/-R.

IIRC, some DVD players have some problems with "packed bitstreams" (?). You either need to wait until someone makes a firmware that supports them correctly, make the DVD in an other mode, or use an other DVD-Player.

Maybe it's an other problem that a 3rd party firmware could fix if it's not on your computer that you're playing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help.44870/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am running XP PRO with Windows Media Player Every time I try to burn music from Windows Media Player I get quot Insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW disk and retry I have a formatted disk in the CD RW drive I can copy files to the the CD RW disk but using Windows Media Player it will not recognize that there is a disk in the drive when I try and copy music files using this software Properties of the CD Burning drive say quot recording quot is enabled I used to be able to do this but can t now Is there another setting somewhere that is not populated incorrectly What am I doing wrong Below are the steps I am following Open Windows Media Player Insert a bank formatted disk in CD-RW drive Select Copy to CD or device Check selected tracks in Windows Media Player to be copied Click Copy Receive message of insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW and retry nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Ok, well i have burned a few VCD's before and i used NERO for Mpeg video's and then Fireburner for the Bin and Cue stuff. But i just downloaded American Pie 1 DVD rip in SVCD format off XNews. there 31 .rar files (i would use Winrar) and then 26 R31, R32.. and so on Files. and then one SFV file at the end. FYI this is only CD 1. I used to click one of the .rar files and it would put everything together, this didn not work and with all those R files and SFV things iduno what to do. How do u burn this project?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vcd-burning.156471/
Relevancy 27.52%

I burn cd's and DVD's often but I have been having the issue lately of not being able to see whats on the cd/dvd unless I reboot my whole system. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this problem??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.510166/
Relevancy 27.52%

my friend wants to burn cd's but not sure how to do this he has windows media player is that what he would use to take one music cd and make a copy of it. how does he burn the cds can you tell me how step by step i am not familiar with computers and he has no internet any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I use xp and windows media player. Why is it that when I burn cd's, I usually get about half way through and then I get a message that it won't work because the speed is too high? I lower the speed andstill have problems. Many times, songs are only recorded halfway. Sometimes, songs are skipped. I relize this is vauge info, so I guess I am asking for the best method of burning cd's using xp, and any tips that might help. Thanks JD

A:burning cd's

What application are you using to burn the disks?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13094/burning-cds/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a brand new Dell E310 at home. I tryed to burn a DVD, and it said that there are copyright laws on the disc. Is there any ways that i can get around this?

A:DVD burning

Which programs are you using? DVD's contain content protection so you can't just drag the files off the DVD or do a disc to disc copy.

Check out these sites for info:
www.videohelp.com
www.doom9.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning.44466/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just got a Radeon X1800XL and it is running at a mind bogling average temp of 87 C. Catalyst says it's running at about Mid-Level High and I've checked the card and the fan is running. Sometimes Catalyst gliches and says it's about 30 C. Any ideas of what to do /or what's happening? The card doesn't glich or anything but I'd rather not burn it out.

A:Burning Up

87C doesn't sound good even for a high performance card.
If I were you I'd first try to update to the newest catalyst drivers as it could just be buggy drivers displaying wrong temps, but it could allso be that the sensor on the card isn't very precise or has a very high bias.

Another reason for a high temp could be that you don't have enough airflow inside your case, try removing the side panel from the case and see if that helps.
If it does then you do have an airflow problem and should consider installing exstra fans inside your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up.41441/
Relevancy 27.52%

I formatted my desktop and now my dvd rom does not burn with software. The rom is ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P ATA Device. I am able to right click pictures then send to the drive and all is good. i am trying to burn some avi files and I have tried about 5 or 6 different programs. Every program I try gives me the same problem. When the file is converted it will shut down the program at the beginning of the write process. I have gone through about 10-15 dvd's trying.

Relevancy 27.52%

My cd burner is burning very slow (takes about 15 minutes), how can I resolve this problem.

Relevancy 27.52%

i have been backing up dvd's for a long time now and now i am having a major problem!!! I have a Laptop and an external burner. I go through the process but after about 2 minutes of it burning the computer just shuts down and turns off. PLEASE HELP i have tried to cool it (does not get that hot) and power the DVD player directly to an outlet for more power. What casues this please help

A:burning a dvd

You should check with the laptop manufacturer for any known bugs for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-a-dvd-148246.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,
I'm using SAMSUNG CD R-RW for the last 5- 6 years.
Recently I tried to burn a CD wih Nero, but it went fine and in the end throwed the message Burn process completed. But nothing there is in the CD.
The second time, when i tried, it went to 99% almost and showed as Burn process failed.

Then i tried with Windows writer wizard, but the same result.

Almost I have tried with 3-4 brands of blank CD's.

Not able to figure out where the problem located CD or CD Drive? If so what to do to solve this issue?

I hope this is the Right place to raise this question.

A:CD R-RW not burning my CDs

If you used different brands of CD I am positive you can get rid of that notion. Have you tried just moving files over to the discs? Sounds like your disc drive might be going out (Or already has) Is it making any sound it didn't before? I had my disc drive on my laptop go out. Started to sound like a jet engine taking off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-r-rw-not-burning-my-cds.129625/
Relevancy 27.52%
Q: Burning

Hey would anyone be kind enough to teach me how to burn games and movies using nero?

Relevancy 27.52%

Is there an other program other than nero (hopefully better than) that can burn dvd's and cd.????

A:Burning Dvd's

depends on what type of burning you are doing.

There are free ones that do decent. CDBURNERXP (www.cdburnerxp.se) is a good one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.497392/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello all. I need serious help with my dvd burner. I have DVD X copying program on my computer. It has been working great, burned over 300 DVDs. Lately I have been burning and when the DVD +R is done only a portion of the movie is burned, causing the disk to freeze up in my DVD player. You can even turn the disk over and see where the movie has stopped burning. Has any one had this happen to them? If so, is my burner worn out? has my software gone bad? or a problem with my computer?Please please help. thanks so muchMod edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed

A:dvd burning

Is this the same type of media that you have always used??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17219/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey all. I've been using MAC OS as my operating system for the last few years and have been out of the Windows loop. I hate to ask this question because I know it's a simple answer. Just don't know what it is. I know how to burn cds with XP, but I have an old computer with 98 that I recently got back up and running and can't remember how to burn discs on it. I will be burning for the most part Word documents. Can someone help me on this? Thanks!

A:Burning cds using Win 98

You will need burning software that is compatible with your burner,
ie, nero, wincd etc...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-cds-using-win-98-a-139934.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey guys whatsup, i download many movies, many in avi, wmv and dvix local format. I have nero burning suite 6.0, How would I burn a movie onto the dvd so that it would play on a dvd player? I know nero converts files when burning, but what option would i choose? Or does anyone recommend an easy to use program? It would be greatly appreciated.

A:Burning Dvd Help

I doubt we will be allowed to answer this, due to the nature of how you get the movies, if they were home movies however we could probably tell you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-dvd-help-139468.html
Relevancy 27.52%

i have some files for a game on my computer and i want to burn them as an iso in either cd-rom or dvd-rom so i can play the game, i have alcohol 120, daemon, nero, and a few other programs for burn, ohw do i do that

Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to burn a CD. The error message keeps saying that I need to insert a CD into the drive. There, of course, is one already in it! I have tried two different brands and get the same error. I can play/read CDs from the drive it just does not recognize the blanks?? Any idea why??

you can try to reformat them (they type of cd ex: rw,rom would help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.521086/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've tried a few different programs (Nero and Acoustica) and they both give me the same error messages, so I'm wondering if anyone out there might recognize a hardware/config problem.

Here's the message:

ERROR: 'Write' command failed on device 3:1:0 unexpected
ASPI error (04h 00h 00h) Last burn speed was 4

Haven't seen anything on either software site that relates to this error, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

My drive is a LITE-ON LRT-52246S SCSI, and I'm running WinXP.

Thanks in advance!

A:CD burning

I think this means you need the ASPI drivers loaded.

Try uninstalling the software and drivers, and reinstalling. Take note of any option to install the ASPI drivers.

Try a search on Google for your drive, and ASPI drivers. (By the way, are you sure of the type? LRT? Do you mean LTR?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.187694/
Relevancy 27.52%

This is a recurring DVD burning annoyance I successfully create a DVD movie based on some video clips of Summer activities Ski Club Promotion and business presentation then burn DVDs I want to make several copies to send to friends relatives and prospects I test the resulting DVDs by playing both on my computer and the DVD deck connected to my TV Although I have used the same media same files and same version of Nero I get the following inconsistent results for various DVDs that should be Identical I tested Plays on computer but not recognized on my DVD deck Plays normally on my DVD burning DVD deck for a while but then pixelates and freezes up Plays normally on my DVD deck but not recognized or fails on a friend s equipment If it fails DVD burning on my equipment conditions and I can simply burn another That usually works but I would need to watch the movie all the way through to be sure For a disk that I send to DVD burning a friend I have no way to be sure it will work on his equipment Wish there were some quick verification test to be reasonably sure the DVD would play before I send it out This problem is very frustrating Has anyone else shared my dilemma nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%
Q: Burning

i use nero 9, when i bur n movies my pc tells me my drive is disconnected

A:Burning

What drive is disconnected? An external burner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning.134700/
Relevancy 27.52%

i was burning dvd's fine and now all of a sudden it spits out the dvd before it closes it. it gets to 98% and says it's finishing but then it spits it out and says it's finished. it plays on my pc but not on my tv dvd player.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have a question. There was a program you could download online that would allow you to burn dvds (like the kind that you rent, not buy in a store) but Im not exactly sure if its available anymore. The kind of dvds that you rent are at a higher gb , like around 9 something, but the ones you buy are usually around 4 or 4.5 gbs. The program would compress or squeeze the file down so you could burn it to a cd. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Any help?

A:dvd burning

As far as I know rental movie DVDs are the same as the ones you can buy in a store. They can be up to about 9 GB in size.

They also usually ave encrypted copy protection. Discussing methods or programs for breaking encryption and copy protection is against TSG rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.649482/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just want to know what this means, SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe. Can I burn HD and/or Blu-ray movies with this?

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello. First off, I am really new to all this stuff so put it as simple as possible.

I am trying to burn a CD with all anime music on it. After I spent hours yesterday putting it all on windows media player, It said I couldn't burn it. So that is when I got all mad..

Then I found out I had Nero burning system, then I got happy. But now, I have no idea how to get my music from Windows media player to my Nero burning system. So I need HELP!!

So I am pretty much lost. :monkey:

A:Needs help burning CD

there are numerous ways to end your troubles. put in a blank disc and, in windows media player, select the 'burn' tab and chose your songs/playlist in the left pane. with nero, it's a simple matter of selecting the desired music files from your computer and burning them. by default, windows media player stores your files in the "my music" folder in your documents. perhaps a search of one or more of the song titles will help you locate the music.

PS > i am assuming you have windows media player 10 and are running windows 2000/xp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/needs-help-burning-cd.27882/