Windows Support Forum

How could I access these photos without formatting?

Q: How could I access these photos without formatting?

Last week, I has a good time with my families and taken some great photos.
But, unfortunately, after plunging SD card into my laptop, it became really weird.
It was continuously telling me to format this SD card every time I attempted to open it in My Computer. But, I could see there is still 1GB data.
How could I access these photos without formatting?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How could I access these photos without formatting?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How could I access these photos without formatting?

If you format the card, you will lose your photos and everything else on it for sure. I don't know if this will help but instead of plugging the card into the laptop directly, try leaving the SD card in the camera and use a cable (that should have come with the camera) to connect the camera to a USB port on the laptop. Refer to your camera manual for specifics but I don't think you need to install any software.

If this doesn't work, your SD card may have failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-could-i-access-these-photos-without-formatting.192435/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
While formatting a disk in D:\ I started moving files to download, after the formatting the files disappeared . Where did they go??? How do I restore them?
Oops, forgot Win XP on Dell Inspiron 8600 . I will just die if I can't find these fotos!

Jeanne

Relevancy 48.16%

Can someone help me? I uploaded some photos onto my computer from my camera, and now when I try to go into my photos folder, a little box saying that windows has encountered an error and internet explorer needs to shut down comes up on my screen. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that this happened at the same time as I uploaded stuff, but I obviously can't get into the folder to delete the items I uploaded. My internet explorer works fine, the problem just happens when I try to access my photos. Help!!! I have Windows XP, and I have done a system restore, an AVG scan and an Advanced System Care scan.

A:I can't access my photos.

Can you check to see if you access the folder in safe mode? When you transfer images from a camera, there may have been an image that was corrupted and now is not letting windows do a quick view or thumbnail of the file. By going into safe mode, the drivers are limited and programs that automate behind the scenes are not allowed to run. You might be able to access the folder and move some of them at a time to find which file is causing the error. If you still have the images on the card, you could transfer them to a new folder, or view them from the card itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-access-my-photos.984636/
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently, I bought a large flash drive to back up my pictures (about 3.9GB of family photos). When I restarted my computer, I went to view my pictures and was unable to access anything. The files are still there, and 60% of the pictures still have their thumbnails, but every one of the 9909 pictures says that the file cannot be accessed when you try to open it.

If you can help me, I would seriously be eternally grateful. Just dumb down the advice a bit if it involves stuff like registry edits, because I only have a moderate knowledge of advanced stuff like that!

Thank you!

A:Unable to access photos

You should never store precious & irreplaceable files on a pocket flash drive unless you have copies of them elsewhere - those drives just aren't reliable enough for that.
They were designed for short term storage such as transferring files from one PC to another. Buy a "proper" external drive for long term storage, but even then you should always maintain copies of them all on at least one other drive.

To get round your problem try this:

Start >> Run

Type E:/ (substitute E with the actual letter your flash drive currently uses).
Click 'OK' or press the <Enter> key on your keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-access-photos-598929.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am using Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003. i have downloaded Microsoft Photo Edit and saved it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Photo Edit. I have created a report in Access 2003 and I am trying to import a photos onto a report and save it in the table of the database. The name of the photo file is imported only but not the photo. If Microsoft Photo Edit needes to be reistered as an OLE Server I need help in doing this. Any ideas would be of great help. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-photos-to-appear-in-access-2003.488541/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi - I'm new to the forum & hope someone can help. I've tried to be clever & got that wrong! Bought an external drive to keep all photos safe, and transferred them across from my pc. They appeared to be fine so I deleted them from the pc, but now I have problems with some - not all of the transferred files. Most are ok & I can view, print, copy etc, but some are not accessible. The message is either 'could not find suitsble graphics importer' or 'cannot read file header'.

I've downloaded IrfanView but it can't read the affected files. The good ones are ok in this & in Picasa.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a catalogue of some 600 historic photos for our town archives with several fields (key number, description of content, type, storage location, donor, etc.) that are searchable. I would like one field "Image" to show a thumbnail photo. I would like these images to show all the time, as we scroll down the catalogue or with search results, and not need to click on a link. Is this possible?

I have spent several days following the help advice on the Access page and consulting other on-line advice forums without finding a solution. I am considering abandoning the program! Help.

MHHistory

A:Photos in Access data base

Yes it is possible.

What version of Access are you using?

Have you created the thumbnails for all the images? I use this freeware: Irfanview

I would also recommend checking this: DBPix
It also has lots of great info about using images with Access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos-in-access-data-base.937422/
Relevancy 46.87%

Samsung Digimax A 503.

Windows Vista Home

Got the camera as a gift.
The acompanying software/disk was for Windows XP.

I've been getting the photos off the memory card just fine.
I forgot to put the card back in and shot a bunch of photos to the camera's memory.

Now how can I get at them?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I m in the process of making a Personnel database for my company and as a preference I d like to be able to put in an ID shot of each employee I think I know what I m doing as far as embedding the photos and such My main concern is the volume of images size of the files We have - members of staff on site I guess this could rise as high as I m thinking of having forms one for use by the average user and one which is protected and has more sensitive information such as - Access - photos advice? 2002 ID MS salaries etc The considerations for data protection are the manager s responsibility At this stage I just have to come up with an example of MS Access 2002 - ID photos - advice? how the database might look and work At present I m thinking of having the name and photo of the employee on the form with all other details on a tabbed control in categories such as Contact Details Employment Status Payroll Info etc Due to size it looks like jpegs are the way to go So my questions Has anyone got experience of setting up a similar database Any advice Will I have any speed problems if I have a table of up to jpeg pics I m guessing they ll probably be something like x pixels If they MS Access 2002 - ID photos - advice? re jpegs they may be Kb each Am I better off having the pics in a table MS Access 2002 - ID photos - advice? or just have links to a specific files in a folder on HD I suspect that I ll have to do the donkey work and enter each picture into the database but I won t be responsible for adding new staff in the future so this process will need to be as simple as possible Any other considerations Thanks Gram nbsp

A:MS Access 2002 - ID photos - advice?

Hi Gram,

I'd consider instead storing hyperlinks to the images, and then displaying the images on a given form by using a linked image frame. Access help should be able to explain to you how that's done. In general, storing images in a database is not such a good idea--not only because of size and speed issues (they can slow down searches on the table, etc.), but also because you're basically duplicating a functionality that Windows handles about as well. Access simply isn't an image manager. This article plus Access help should get you going on linking images via file path.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-2002-id-photos-advice.161565/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was fooling around and screwed up my laptop. I thought the best thing to do would be to restore my files from my weekly backup. The problem is twofold:

All of my photos and many of my files are now doubles.
I can't open any of my photos unless I right click on them and open them with Quick Time Picture Viewer.
If I try to open those photos all I get is a "ding" sound and nothing happens.

Can anyone help me to delete the doubles in a quick way? There are hundreds of them and I don't really feel like right click deleting all of them.

More importantly: Can anyone tell me how to open them without using QT Pic Viewer?

I use Windows Live Mail, and like the Windows Live Photo Gallery. That's what I prefer to use.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Bill

Relevancy 46.87%

Uh-oh. My other computer got infected, despite McAfee. I ran a clean/scan a couple of times. It still won't connect to the internet at all. Plus a HP photo program called instant share keeps trying to install. Plus all my photos appear to have disappeared. Plus there's a picture of Malcom X. Anybody?

A:Virus Ate My Photos Cut Off Internet Access

I suggest posting a HijackThis log in the HJT Logs and Analysis Forum. Here is a link to that Forum: HJT ForumPlease follow the preparation directions and try not to alter your system until you receive help from one of our HJT Team Members. The preparation directions are found at the following link:Prep Guide for Posting HJT LogsPlease note: Do not try to fix any problems with HJT yourself. This is an advanced tool and requires expert analysis.I hope this helps you out! Be sure to follow the prep directions because they may alleviate immeidate problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56567/virus-ate-my-photos-cut-off-internet-access/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a large real estate database with property information for all of our buildings. I would like to add to the form, a box where I can enter a thumbnail image of each property, so that I have the ability to print reports with the image of each property with it's particulars. Any idea how I go about doing this? I assume I start with in Design view within the table design, correct?

A:Access - Want thumbnail photos in my forms

There are some graphics apps that will do batch operation, and there are also thumbnail generators to do this as well. I assume you want a large pricture to accompany the thumbnail also?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-want-thumbnail-photos-in-my-forms.96780/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there an easy way to do conditional formatting on a Yes/No selection?

IF check box is selected I want all font for that record to be red...

A:Conditional Formatting of Yes/No in MS Access

If you link the check box to an empty cell e.g. b6, the result in the cell will be true or false. You can then link the conditional format for the cell to be changed to the results.

formula is =ib6=true set your format. etc.

You need one link cell for each check box.

Hope this helps

Regards - Nic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conditional-formatting-of-yes-no-in-ms-access.752626/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am having trouble with a report in Access. I have attached a sample page of the report. In the page footer section, I have a row for "Grand Total", "Delivery and Prep", and "Users". I have 2 problems:

1. The items in the page footer are showing up on every page (which would stand to reason), but I only want them to appear on the last page. What section should these calculated controls be in? And how do I get that section to appear in design view?

2.Why am I getting the #Error in the Grand Total field? The calculation being done is =Sum([Boise]) and of course the city name in brackets changes to the city in the column above. The data in the report is coming from a cross-tab query with fields by the same names and the totals in the report lines are correct in comparison with the query.

Relevancy 46.44%

I am looking for a way to setup conditional formatting on a form. The data in the record will start with: available but will have other words after that. Example: Available for future use for panel 22a. What I want is a way to setup conditional formatting based on the field starting with the word: available. Help is greatly appreciated.

A:Access Conditional formatting

Hi and welcome to the Forum!
Could you possibly zip your file and post it via the "Go Advanced" button and then the "Manage attachments"? (It must be zipped. And, if it contains confidential info, please make a copy, delete the info and replace it with some fake data).
I know this is possible in reports and I would guess it is in forms, but I would probably try something slightly different - the easiest would entail actually having the word "available" in a separate field.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-conditional-formatting.824466/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I'm can't I it! My Disk access Local Q: and are to uploading photos new here so My photos are uploading to Local Disk Q: and I can't access it! please forgive me if I don't know all the correct computer 'terms' My photos are uploading to Local Disk Q: and I can't access it! I have Windows Vista bit on a Dell PC My computer picked up the quot Windows Vista Repair quot virus a few weeks ago and I got it out completely However now when I plug in my digital camera to try to upload photos I am unable to view it Prior to this issue when I would plug in the usb it would automatically allow for me to view photos and it would be a quot removable device quot Now it goes to quot Local Disk Q quot which I can not access at all I've googled nonstop for days and still have not been able to access that drive or delete it etc So I am looking for help I need to be able to get my photos to open and to get them to stop going to Q drive When I look in my Device Manager under quot Disk Drives quot I see the following Mat a DMC-FZ USB Device that is my digital camera and ST AS SCSI Disk Device Thanks in advance

A:My photos are uploading to Local Disk Q: and I can't access it!

Hello

Do you have malwarebytes installed on your system if not the please download the free version and run a full scan.

When did your system get infected...

You can use a restore point to do a system restore going back to a point you know before the virus and then you will be fine, this is how.

System Recovery Options

System Restore

By doing a system restore you won't lose anything except for any software that you might have installed between now and then. I hope this help a little.LOL

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/291616-my-photos-uploading-local-disk-q-i-cant-access.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I'm new photos Local and I Q: Disk uploading are access My it! to can't here so please forgive me if I don't know all the correct computer 'terms' I have Windows Vista bit on a Dell PC My computer picked up the quot Windows Vista Repair quot virus a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I got it out completely However now when I plug in my digital camera to try to upload photos I My photos are uploading to Local Disk Q: and I can't access it! am unable to view it Prior to this issue when I would plug in the usb it would automatically allow for me to view photos My photos are uploading to Local Disk Q: and I can't access it! and it would be a quot removable device quot Now it goes to quot Local Disk Q quot which I can not access at all I've googled nonstop for days and still have not been able to access that drive or delete it etc Also when I try to run a 'Microsoft Fix It' or any other method that requires internet access I receive an error stating they can not find a connection to the Internet even though I am currently connected and online as I type this So I'm thinking that whatever those programs need in order to reach their server may also be in that Q Drive now So I am looking for help I need to be able to get my photos to open and to get them to stop going to Q drive When I look in my Device Manager under quot Disk Drives quot I see the following Mat a DMC-FZ USB Device that is my digital camera and ST AS SCSI Disk Device Thanks in advance

A:My photos are uploading to Local Disk Q: and I can't access it!

I think youre still partially infected.

How did you remove the last issue?

You should run malwarebytes and a know AV to triple check your clean.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/291470-my-photos-uploading-local-disk-q-i-cant-access.html
Relevancy 46.01%

How can I format an Access report to look like a spreadsheet?

It is cuurently formatting like this:

Hours

Hours

I would like this layout.

Location Location Location
Task Task Task
Hours Hours Hours

I know there has to be a way to do it without exporting to Excel.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a form in Access that uses information from 2 tables. I need some text boxes to become transparent (appearing 'greyed out') when the value of the Type text box is 'Counsel'. I am assuming this can be done done using an 'if statement' but cant seem to get the code...can anyone help?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

I created a report in Access that tells my sales manager the last day an account was served. He would like this field, called [last sale], to be yellow if the date is more that 7 days old, orange if the date is between more that 7 days old and 6 months old, and red if the date is older than 6 months. Sometimes I can get it to work, most times not. The date is brought in via a linked table thru an ODBC database, and Access recognizes it as a text field. I don't know if that's the problem or not. Can you tell me how to do this?

A:Access 2000+conditional formatting

It would be better to run an update query or some visual basic first to make it a proper date field before you run the report query, then if the Conditional formatting is too complex you can use VB in the Report's Detail "On Format" event procedure to do the formatting for you.
But it really needs to be a date field for the calculation to work properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-conditional-formatting.517099/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I'm new to Access so I apologise if this is a silly question. I'm making an orders database and using autonumbers to generate the order numbers. The order numbers start with IT and then have 6 digits, so I have used

"IT"000000

in the order numbers format entry in the table. This works fine with one exception. If a user selects the order number in a form by using the mouse then the order number loses the IT. This doesn't happen if the user selects the order number when tabbing into the field. Is there anyway to keep the full formatting when a user selects the entry with the mouse?

Relevancy 46.01%

Can someone tell me if the following is possible. I have a very basic database, and one field on a form has the input options of "Completed" or "Outstanding".

What I want to do is change the bacground colour of a different field to green when the other field is showing as Completed.

I understand how I can change a given field depending on conditions in it's own field, but I can't see how to change conditions of field A depending on the condition of Field B.

Help much appreciated as always.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All!, I'm a new member and have my first question for you.
I have an Access 2003 database where I need to do more than the allotted 3 conditional formats.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
txrtbr

A:access 2003 conditional formatting

txrtbr, welcome to the Forum.
In a form or on a Report?
The answer is the same, it is to use VBA Code, but it depends on whether it is a Form or report as to where you put the Code.
I have posted the answer on a the same topic for a Report very recently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2003-conditional-formatting.808591/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok all bear with me I have created a simple database that holds agent statistics for a daily scorecard There are different types of employees and each type with Report Solved: Formatting Access VB has a certain Solved: Formatting Access Report with VB criteria to meet I E - An entry level employee must meet a quota of calls per hour CPH If he she meets it then they quot Meet Expectations quot if it is below then they quot Need Improvement quot I have a report tht lists all employees their employee type entry intermediate advanced etc and their quot CPH quot I would like their CPH to be color coded based on meeting criteria or not It would be easy if they all had to meet the same criteria I would use conditional formatting but since there are different types is there a way to write code for this Example in plain words IF quot employee type entry level quot Then follow these guidelines to color code values I know this may be choppy so let me know what detailed information you would need from me If you want to really help I wouldn t mind sharing my db by email and having you take a look it is just a very basic database This is the code I have so far i am very new to VB and am not sure if this is correct It compiles just fine and I can open the report after saving this code but it still does not work Got any ideas Here is what i have so far let me know what questions youhave or if there is anything you need to help me out Thanks Code SIZE quot quot Private Sub Detail Format Cancel As Integer FormatCount As Integer Dim CCS HSSType As String Dim CPH As Integer If Me CCS HSSType Value quot CCS Entry Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot CCS Intermediate Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot CCS Advanced Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot HSS Entry Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot HSS Intermediate Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot HSS Advanced Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If End If End Sub SIZE Please let me know if you can help Thanks Nuschool nbsp

A:Solved: Formatting Access Report with VB

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/development/504994-vb-programming-formatting-access-reports.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-access-report-with-vb.504989/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a report, where I have these tbl fields

FirstName LastName Title

I would like it to display:
John Doe, President (if title is present)
or John Doe (if title is not present)

I can concatenate the fields just fine, what i can't figure out, is how to have a comma based on "If".....

any help appreciated.

Relevancy 46.01%

I guess I'm trying to get too clever now...

What method should I use to format the font/style of text in an email that is sent via MS Access?

In HTML, I can f'rexample use <strong></strong>, in Word, I'd click "B" for bold. How would I apply the same feature to certain parts of text in my Access EMail sending application.

Example:

At the end of my emails, I want a disclaimer, but in small font rather than the default.

Also, if I wanted to send the email as "Plain Text" rather than RTF or HTML, can I choose these in the automation process?

Clear as mud?

I bet!

Chris

A:Formatting text in an Email from Access

Are you using the export to an email option from MS Access via a macro? I forget the name offhand, but just wondering. Also when you format an e-mail message as plain text it will not allow you to add red color then, since it is plain text.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatting-text-in-an-email-from-access.597745/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm trying to flip my table 1/4 so that the short side (8 1/2") is on the side and the long side (11") is the top portion of the paper. Where can I go to do this? By the way, running Access 97.

A:Quick Formatting Question About Access

I don't think it's possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-formatting-question-about-access.85886/
Relevancy 46.01%

Can anyone help with the syntax for the following?

In Access (2003), to prevent overselling of stock I have a report based on a query that gives me the qyt of product in stock and the qty shipped. What I would like is for the field that displays qty shipped to highlight when that number is 90% of the stock quantity. Both are fields on the form but I don't know what to write next to "Expression Is" for this to work. I've been searching online for similar formulas but can't find anything that works.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Relevancy 46.01%

In access 2000 the formatting choices for information in a text box are R, L,C
how do you justify both margins. You can do this in Word, is it possible in Access?

Relevancy 46.01%

Ok my girlfriends laptop has this issue where it will boot up now and you wont be able to do anything just last night it was working fine We have a year old and she loves to touch it even though we will tell her like times a day gotta love kids There are lots of pictures of her from christmas thanksgiving and others pictures that havent been updated in a few months The mouse doesnt work or the keyboard controls to move about either It just seems like it starts up and PLEASE OF access HELP... Laptop cant up boots anything but FAMILY LOTS PHOTOS!! hangs I have no idea on how Laptop boots up but cant access anything PLEASE HELP... LOTS OF FAMILY PHOTOS!! to save anything before i would do a reformat I would hook up the HD to my computer but i dont had the IDE cable for that and i dont even know if they sell them If anyone could give me another idea i have run out and i have been working with computers for quite some time now not to mention havent had the time to be devoted to them as much too haha darn kids nbsp

A:Laptop boots up but cant access anything PLEASE HELP... LOTS OF FAMILY PHOTOS!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-boots-up-but-cant-access-anything-please-help-lots-of-family-photos.804496/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Everyone,

I have the iPhone 6 plus. I am using windows 8.1. I am having a problem where after I import my photos-videos I get an access denied error (Image example below) when trying to erase the photos after import.

To get the import started you have to plug in the phone via USB. Then in file explorer you right click the icon and select the importing option. Setup the options etc. and select import. Everything works great up until it starts to erase the files off the device and then I get that error displayed in the image below.

Any fix for this? If not, anybody that can point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Access Denied error after importing photos from device

Try changing the location where you are saving the photos.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66819-access-denied-error-after-importing-photos-device.html
Relevancy 45.58%

When I type "ipconfig" I get only the message "Windows IP Configuration" no IP address or any thing else. Am I missing a driver or what?

Thanks in advance for your help. My 14 year-old is Jonesing for his gaming.

A:Can't access the internet after re-formatting hard drive

Have you checked your hosts file C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc if you think something looks suspicious reset it using this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034 Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280217/cant-access-the-internet-after-re-formatting-hard-drive/
Relevancy 45.58%

I work at a facility with many computers; some are using Access 2010, and others are still using Access 2007. I am developing an app, originally in Access 2007. The conditional formatting on a sub-form is not displaying right away. The sub-form will load, and then it's like Access will "forget" to re-paint the subform's conditional formatting, leaving them in their "default" format. When I click on the subform, the conditional formatting will kick in then.

It sounds like a nuisance, but this has been deemed a fatal flaw by the users.

I have added Form.Repaint, Form.Requery and DoEvents to the subroutine that re-queries the subform. No effect.

I know that Access 2010 uses a different conditional formatting scheme from Access 2007. But I doubt this is the issue, as the first three conditions (in Conditional Formatting) are showing up in Access 2007 (after the click on the subform, that is).

Suggestions & insights are appreciated.

Bob

Relevancy 45.58%

Ok all bear with me I have created a simple database that holds agent statistics for a daily scorecard There are different types of employees and each type has a certain criteria to meet I E - An entry level employee must meet a quota of calls per hour CPH If he she meets for VB Programming Access Solved: Reports Formatting it then they quot Meet Expectations quot if it is below then they quot Need Improvement quot I have a report tht lists all employees their employee type entry intermediate advanced etc and their quot CPH quot I would like their CPH to be color coded based on meeting criteria or not It would be easy if they Solved: VB Programming for Formatting Access Reports all had to meet the same criteria I would use conditional formatting but since there are different types is there a way to write code for this Example in plain words IF quot employee type entry level quot Then follow these guidelines to color code values I know this may be choppy so let me know what detailed information you would need from me If you want to really help I wouldn t mind sharing my db by email and having you take a look it is just a very basic database This is the code I have so far i am very new to VB and am not sure if this is correct It compiles just fine and I Solved: VB Programming for Formatting Access Reports can open the report after saving this code but it still does not work Got any ideas Here is what i have so far let me know what questions youhave or if there Solved: VB Programming for Formatting Access Reports is anything you need to help me out Thanks Code SIZE quot quot Private Sub Detail Format Cancel As Integer FormatCount As Integer Dim CCS HSSType As String Dim CPH As Integer If Me CCS HSSType Value quot CCS Entry Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot CCS Intermediate Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot CCS Advanced Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot HSS Entry Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot HSS Intermediate Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If ElseIf Me CCS HSSType Value quot HSS Advanced Level quot Then If Me CPH Value gt Then Me CPH Properties FillColor Else Me CPH Properties FillColor End If End If End Sub SIZE Please let me know if you can help Thanks Nuschool nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an access report that I am having trouble formatting. I have a field of 13 characters and I want them grouped by the first 9 characters so that there is a line once the first 9 characters changes.

For example: If the data shows AAA AA AA.AA, then the next line is AAA AA AA.AB, I want there to be a bold line inbetween those rows on the report so it is easier to see when the sections change.

Is there any way to do that?

Thank you!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi conditional MS Solved: formatting an form in Access guys I don Solved: conditional formatting in an MS Access form t know VBA or SQL I just click icons and hope for Solved: conditional formatting in an MS Access form the best I have a form in MS Access being used as a time clock The parameters I m working with are e - a checkbox e Solved: conditional formatting in an MS Access form - a checkbox and DLookUp quot TotalTime quot quot Total Time quot quot e ID Form tc ID quot The conditions I have are and have no idea how to syntax or even where to put If e - is checked AND the value of DLookUp is between - OR if e - is checked AND the value of DLookUp is between - then format DLookUp with a yellow background and red text And also If e - is checked and the value of DLookUp is gt OR if e - is checked and the value of DLookUp is gt then format DLookUp with a red background and black text We basically need a huge visual clue that the workers we have are about to hit or are over their allotted hours based upon whether their respective checkboxes are true I have no idea where to even start with this Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Farmgal nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Can anyone tell me how I reduce the line spacing in a group in reports. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Access 2007 report formatting in groups

Report Line Spacing is literally controlled by the layout on the Report, so reduce any space between lines and from the "Group Header & Footer".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-report-formatting-in-groups.949371/
Relevancy 45.58%

I ve run a search on this problem but nothing came up - hopefully someone can give me a Access formatting mail merge problem hand The Access mail merge formatting problem problem comes when I try to produce a mail merge from data in Access I ve got a query based on a table with Access mail merge formatting problem a number of dates in it In the table I ve formatted the dates as the long setting e g th December Once I run a mail merge on the query the dates come out in Word in the short form However they don t even follow the short date that s set in my regional settings for English dates instead coming out as the Access mail merge formatting problem American version e g I tried right-clicking on the merge field and selecting Edit field but this only enables me to change the case of the field - as if Word is seeing it as a text-only field Is it possible to change a setting so the date will merge into Word in the format I specified in Access I m running Office Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Access mail merge formatting problem

Doh! Don't worry, ignore this - it's sorted now. I did a bit more digging around and found out that what I didn't know was you can change the merge codes.

For anyone with a similar question, what I did was press Alt + F9 to display the merge codes, then add \@"dd MMMM yyyy" to the end of the merge code. This changes the format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-mail-merge-formatting-problem.305831/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am developing a debt control system in Access and have just upgraded all my rather amateurish macros to MS VB and having a lot of fun The problem How do I put the equivalent of a SHIFT-ENTER code into my strings so that I get the desired effect i e a new line Strings display perfectly when used in a MsgBox but the code shows as a square unprintable character in both the printed and memo box equivalent I ve tried vbLF and vbNL Chr amp Chr with the same result as neithrt of these refelct in ACCESS printing strings Formatting 2000 for the Shift part of Shift-Enter in the required code Problem is is feasible to format chunks of a composite string with bold and or italic underline attributes e g highlighting a debtor Formatting strings for printing in ACCESS 2000 s name in both MSgBox and Print formats If so how do I do this It must be feasible as demonstrated by the Access quot Canned quot email protected ZZZ MsgBox which sets XXX as bold Formatting strings for printing in ACCESS 2000 and this is after all just a VB function isn t it I d appreciate any help that any of you gurus out there could provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatting-strings-for-printing-in-access-2000.261886/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to produce a report in an outline format as follows:

Employee Name
Employee Name
Employee Name

Client

Heading 1
Subheading
Subheading
Subheading

Heading 2
Subheading
Subheading

There may be more than 1 employee doing a particular service for a client. They each input their service seperately as a new record. I need to be able to pull out the information for headings and subheadings to display as above. I also need to be able to pull out the information associated with the client. My fields are Department, Employee First Name, Last Name, Client, Heading, Subheading. How do I display this in a report. Have tried many options. Please Help!!

Relevancy 45.58%

It seems that be default, it only looks for photos on the device (Lumia 950) and I can't find how to tell it to look for photos on my SD card.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443915-instagram-app-windows-10-mobile-how-can-i-access-photos-my-sd-card-post.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I'm trying to format checkboxes (and textboxes and combo boxes - both of which I can do), in an Access 2013 form, so that they are effectively highlighted when they receive the focus.

Text and combo boxes are easy beacuse I can just change the .backcolor format, which is what I want but checkboxes don't have that property, what can I do to get the same effect with them (not that changing any of the colour properties seems to actually make any difference)?

Many thanks,

Richard

A:Solved: Access forms - checkbox control formatting

As you have found you can't manipulate it directly.
So you could manipulate it's Label or you could do the following.
Reduce the Check Box's Border so that it just surrounds the check box.
Add a Rectangle around the checkbox, send it to the back.
Using VBA change the colour of the rectangle's background when the checkbox is clicked or gets focus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-forms-checkbox-control-formatting.1147551/
Relevancy 45.15%

This is in reply to a thread that was closed due to Access Troubleshooter Solved: 2007 Conditional Formatting inactivity but the original question was never solved and I believe I have the solution Perhaps the Mods can move this reply to that thread In any case for Bob or anyone else with this problem Bob Scrivens said uarr Solved: Access 2007 Conditional Formatting Troubleshooter I work at a facility with many computers some are using Access and others are still using Access I am developing an app originally in Access The conditional formatting on a sub-form is not displaying right away The sub-form will load and then it s like Access will quot forget quot to re-paint the subform s conditional formatting leaving them in their quot default quot format When I click on the subform the conditional formatting will kick in then It sounds like a nuisance but this has been deemed a fatal flaw by the users I have added Form Repaint Form Requery and DoEvents to the subroutine that re-queries the subform No effect I know that Access uses a different conditional formatting scheme from Access But I doubt this is the issue as the first three conditions in Conditional Formatting are showing up in Access after the click on the subform that is Suggestions amp insights are appreciated BobClick to expand The same thing happened to me in Access One moment Solved: Access 2007 Conditional Formatting Troubleshooter the conditional formatting in the datasheet view of my split form was working perfectly then suddenly only the first record showed the conditional formatting However if I moused over the datasheet all the formatting reappeared or if I selected one of the records the conditional formatting for that record reappeared SOLUTION I found that by Compacting and Repairing my database the issue cleared up immediately Hope that helps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-conditional-formatting-troubleshooter.1073544/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I'm using Access 2010 and struggling to get the numbers in a combo box to display in the right format:
The source table holds a series of numbers (years) in the Double, fixed, 0 decimal places format and displays them correctly, 2010,2011 etc. When I use this table as the source for a combo box lookup in a form the numbers are also stored correctly but when i click on the combo box to choose a number they are all displayed as 2010.00, 2011.00 etc.

I can't see any way of removing those decimal places in the drop-down list displayed but there must surely be some really easy/obvious thing that I am overlooking - can anyone help? Thanks.

Richard

A:Solved: Access: Number formatting in combo boxes

I would set the Field type in the table to "Long Integer", which is only whole numbers with no decimal places at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-number-formatting-in-combo-boxes.1028095/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there I have a dbase created in the UK and I am storing dates in my database Date 2003 anyone help? Problem? Solved: Can - Access Formatting and I am getting a funny result when I Solved: Access 2003 Date Formatting Problem? - Can anyone help? perform a search and Solved: Access 2003 Date Formatting Problem? - Can anyone help? filter on from and to dates I have the following data Car from - Car from - Car from - When I do a filter to report on cars from Solved: Access 2003 Date Formatting Problem? - Can anyone help? - only the first row is retrieved however if I redo to the search from to expecting again only the first row I instead get car and car reporting back as a match It seems to be swopping the month round for some reason If anyone could help me I would be eternally greateful I cannot for the life of me get this to work I attach the code below On Error GoTo Err report Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stWhere As String If CDate searchstartdate gt CDate searchenddate Then MsgBox quot Please Enter an End Date Before the Start Date quot vbCritical vbOKOnly quot Report Error quot Else stDocName quot DriverHistory quot stWhere quot driverNo quot amp Me driverNo Check if we have a search start date If Me searchstartdate lt gt quot quot Then This clause will be ANDed to the existing clause stWhere stWhere amp quot and quot now check if we have and end search date If Me searchenddate lt gt quot quot Then We have and end search date so we need to bracket the whole expression stWhere stWhere amp quot quot End If Build the start date check stWhere stWhere amp quot quot amp Me searchstartdate amp quot between startDate and endDate quot If Me searchenddate lt gt quot quot Then We have and end search date so build end end date check stWhere stWhere amp quot or quot amp Me searchenddate amp quot between startDate and endDate quot End If Else We dont have a start date so all we need to do is check the end date If Me searchenddate lt gt quot quot Then stWhere stWhere amp quot and endDate between quot amp quot quot amp Me searchstartdate amp quot and quot amp Me searchenddate amp quot quot End If End If DoCmd OpenReport stDocName acViewPreview stWhere End If Exit report Click Exit Sub Err report Click MsgBox Err Description Resume Exit report Click nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2003 Date Formatting Problem? - Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-date-formatting-problem-can-anyone-help.504183/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have data that is going to be exported to a proprietary UNIX database. The data has to be in a specific format. How do I setup the output format?

Here is what I mean by specific format:

Employee code begin position 1, ending position 6

Work Date code begin position 7, ending position 14

etc...

I have read about the TransferDatabase, SendObject and OutputTo but none of those allow me to be specific with the output format. At this point the data is in a query. Do I need to put it in a table or a report to get specific with the format?

------------------
Building the Ultimate site list for PC support.

A:{Solved} Formatting Access Query Output for Export.

Not sure which version you have, Tal, but here's how it just worked when I tested 2000:

Hit File-Export and select the *.txt, *.csv, etc. option. It opens the Text Export Wizard and allows me to choose fixed width. You'll then need to hit Next, then the advanced button and you can type your number of spaces right in there. You can also save this as an export option....

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
http://www.brainbench.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-access-query-output-for-export.37210/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello
I have a date format on excel which increases the next date cell by 182,5 days and so on for the next 4 cells increasing it by the same amount... Does anyone know how to do this on Access 2007?

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a cumulative query that I built using Method 2 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290136

The numbers that are being accumulated are formatted as Standard Numbers. However, the running totals themselves are formatted as text, which prevents me from adding them together (instead, they concatinate, so 10+10 = 1010 and 2+3 = 23 as if they were letters).

How can I prevent the running total from being formatted as text? It's preventing me from graphing the results of the query, since text has a value of 0.

Relevancy 44.72%

i have a access 2007 database and one of the tables is a invoice table. the client want me to format the invoice number like eg. year-autonumber >> 2010-001 or autonumber-year

any help will be appreciated

the tables are already created and there are some data in.

A:Solved: formatting a auto increment number in access 2007

The best way to do this is to have the autonumber field and alongside it your Invoice field, set to Enabled = "No".
In the first field in which data is going to be entered (which is what triggers the autonumber) you enter the following VBA in that field's After update Event Procedure.
me.InvoiceNumber = Format(date,"yyyy") & format(me.autonumberfield, "000")
where is the actual name of your Invoice field and autonumberfield is the name of your autnumber field
See the attached database for an example of the above format which puts the year first and 3 digits for the autonumber part

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formatting-a-auto-increment-number-in-access-2007.935909/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've created an MS Application to import messages from MS Outlook using VBA. The body of the email is stored in a Long Text (MS Access 2013) data type and I use MailItem.Body to retrieve the body of the email. However, when I try to display the email in MS Access using a text field with RTF formatting, I don't see any of the formatting that I see in Outlook. If I open the Outlook email, copy the body and then paste into the MS Access data, the formatting is copied.

Any ideas how I can get the formatting to be imported into Access and then be displayed in Access with the correct formatting?

Thanks,
Ronald

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/import-ms-outlook-messages-into-ms-access-the-email-body-loses-formatting.4069234/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey everybody

A report that I have in access messes up when I export it as an Excel spreadsheet. I export it, and then go to open the excel file. When I open the file up, I get the error message "File error. Some formats may have been lost."

When this happens, I look at the excel file, and the some of the dates I have are numbers like "38848". The dates should be dates like 5/25/2006.

The odd thing is, all the dates aren't messed up. Any ideas on what is going on?

A:Solved: Access 2003 - Exporting Report to Flash causes Formatting loss

Hey smooth, for an explanation of the dates turning into numbers, check my signature (Access Dates and Access Date Conversions both have info). I don't know why it would happen with only some, but there must be a common trait among the dates that get swapped.

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-exporting-report-to-flash-causes-formatting-loss.468017/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have Vista Home Premium with Microsoft Photo Gallery on my Dell Inspriron 1721 laptop. I?m using a machine to transfer slides to a SD card then uploading them to Photo Gallery. Photos transfer Ok except the order of the photo gets scrambled somehow during upload. In other words, the photos on the SD card are in chronologically order but after uploading, when I view them in Photo Galley, the order is all mixed up. I know you can manual move them around but it?s hard to be sure of the original order and it is very time consuming when you have hundreds of photos. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix them. FYI I would call myself a novice user of Photo Gallery.

A:Uploading photos from a SD memory card into Photo Gallery scrambles order of photos

Will the Photo Gallery sort by name? You could prefix the photo names with numerical sequence. A utility like
Introduction - Bulk Rename Utility will do it easily. It's free.

Edit: if that looks too busy, the multi-renamer in FreeCommander is a bit simpler to use. [c] before the name prepends a number starting at what you select and incrementing by what you choose. Just press F2 when in the folder.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301917-uploading-photos-sd-memory-card-into-photo-gallery-scrambles-order-photos.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello
I have 1000 photos in a folder (and subfolders) and I have a list of 300 photos I want to extract (or copy) to another folder
I tried to use the windows search file method (by using a comma (example: I tried to search for 100439,100536,100713,100795,100857,101008,101176,101184,101613,101842,102141,102221,102267,102301,102512,102579,102588,102695,103195,103209,103241,103328,103408,103470,103640,103942,104132,104248,104280,104337,104477,104485,104981,105066,105112,105465,105511,105589,105635,105791,105910,105937,106054,106100,106178,106183,106216,106364,106380,106410,) but it will only find up to 34 files
Do you know of a program or a way to do this?

Any help will be very much appreciated
Aron

A:Find Multiple Photos, extrat photos listed in databese

Hello,
AcDsee 7 will do as you ask,
http://www.acdsystems.com/english/products/acdsee/feature2?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-multiple-photos-extrat-photos-listed-in-databese.365734/
Relevancy 43%

My sister has photos of me in my bridesmaid dress that she took with her camera I saved them on my computer I am going out of town to see our family and cannot take the computer but want to show the pictures I will have my camera I tried transferring the photos to my camera s memory card by changing their file names to the same type of name as the photos that were taken with my camera They are displayed photos my photos my saved Can I my from camera? on computer digital onto transfer as DSCN so I renamed the photos Can I transfer photos from my saved photos on my computer onto my digital camera? as DSCN and so on Then I put my memory card in the driver G Can I transfer photos from my saved photos on my computer onto my digital camera? drive opened up the drive opened the folder where the pictures from my camera were and dragged the newly renamed photos into that folder I put the memory card back in my camera and hit the display button and the message I am getting for the spots where those files are is quot File contains no image data quot What did I Can I transfer photos from my saved photos on my computer onto my digital camera? do wrong What do I do Information - My camera is a Nikon Coolpix nbsp

A:Can I transfer photos from my saved photos on my computer onto my digital camera?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-transfer-photos-from-my-saved-photos-on-my-computer-onto-my-digital-camera.828059/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I Photos&Camera iPod: issue Photos Crash, have some problems with my iPod and I don't know if it started after I installed something or not but this is iPod: Photos&Camera Crash, Photos issue what's wrong - The camera of my iPod starts and then crashes OR sometimes if I start it it can take one picture and then the black screen with the white turning thing which you also get when you turn off the iPod and then it returns to the home screen - The images app also doesn't start up If I tap it it opens but before the text ''camera roll'' and that stuff is loaded it crashes - When my iPod is cabled i know thats not a word to my pc a windows window appears for importing the photos on the ipod to the computer with windows when I click import the blue screen appears on my pc and luckily it can start up again it happens every time now that's not a very big problem - in itunes when i connect my ipod a bar with some different colors appears right to show how much space apps photo's books music and stuff you are using on your ipod the problem is that there are no photos and i swear i had like gig of photos on my ipod i hope theyre not gone i couldn't find the email support on apple's website so i ask you how do i solve these things

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ipod-photos-and-camera-crash-photos-issue-608205.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Microsoft Photos app gets updated ? save still photos from videos and more

Microsoft has released a new update to the Windows 10 Photos app, and the new version appears to have started rolling out to some users. The app has been bumped to version 16.412.13342.0 and brings some new features along with the usual bug fixes, please find the detailed changelog below:

 ◾Save still photos from videos and living images
◾Slow-motion videos taken with a Windows phone can now be edited on your PC
◾When importing photos to a PC, quickly clear and select all
◾View your OneDrive storage usage in Settings
◾Adjust the lighting in photos taken with a Windows phone using rich HDR
◾New OneDrive pictures appear more quickly in Collection
◾Items now stay selected until you cancel or take action on them
◾Bug fixes

Read more at Source
Microsoft Photos app gets updated - save still photos from videos and more

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47811-microsoft-photos-app-gets-updated-save-still-photos-videos.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a laptop running Vista which on Vista Gadget Photos photos... Google showing not came with some Google Gadgets Initially the Google Gadget Photos on Vista not showing photos... Photos gadget was working fine As I decided to get my new computer organized a mildly OCD thing to do I Google Gadget Photos on Vista not showing photos... rearranged the folders that my photos were kept in I noticed that NONE of my photos were appearing in the sidebar any longer so I clicked the link to add photos and remapped to the My Pictures folder This didn t help so I remapped to a deeper folder in order to get it closer to the photos This didn t work so I remapped it down to a specific folder that doesn t have any folders in it It only contains photos Lo and behold It didn t work So I searched the internet and found one question like mine with no answer following it Needless to say what looks like it should be a fairly straight forward adjustment has not been so Please what button am I not pushing to fix this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-gadget-photos-on-vista-not-showing-photos.657801/
Relevancy 42.57%

Wondering if it's a problem with the new version of Firefox (32.0.1). Since I've had the new version when I upload photos to an antique website, I see the broken image icon. In Facebook, the photos just never show up. I also can't attach photos to emails, they just don't upload. I haven't changed any plug-ins and I don't have any extensions. This doesn't happen in IE. Any advice or suggestions?

A:Can't see uploaded photos or attach photos in emails with new Firefox

Just a thought: suggest starting Firefox in Safe Mode to see if it's caused by an extension.

https://support.mozilla.org/ta/questions/1020272

Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548528/cant-see-uploaded-photos-or-attach-photos-in-emails-with-new-firefox/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have accidently imported my photos from my phone to the hp photo section on my notebook. I didn't want them to be on the computer but i wanted them on my external harddrive. I have been into the folder and highlighted all photos, copied them but when i try to paste them it wont allow me to paste them anywhere but in the photo's gallery where they already are. Any ideas how to remove them from the computer and put them onto my external hardrive?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-get-photos-from-hp-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/td-p/5697814
Relevancy 41.71%

I am having problems with my Surface Pro not pulling all my pics from facebook. It keeps saying something went wrong try again later. I have disconnected my Facebook account and started all over but it didn't help. Just noticed this today so I don't know when it started.

A:Photos app facebook photos sync - something went wrong

Hi, Im having the exact same issue with my Surface Pro. It looks like it synced cover photos from most albums, not all then gave up. Just the error message "something went wrong". I spent 2 hours working with MS Tech Support today, to no avail. Just tuning in hoping to find a solution. Have you had any luck getting yours to sync?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27042-photos-app-facebook-photos-sync-something-went-wrong.html
Relevancy 41.71%

On a new install of 7 I have dual monitors and the built-in photos screensaver is displaying photos in the middle of the field which usually means that the photo is shown in the secondary monitor but if it is too big for the secondary monitor it is partially split on both monitors. Is this a bug in the built-in screensaver or do I have it set up wrong? If it is a bug in photos screensaver is there a thrid party screensaver that does a better job at using photos as a screensaver? I have a 21" builtin monitor that is my primary display. It has a screen resolution of 1920x1080 and a 19" with a 1440x900 resolution set as a secondary display. While I am at it is there a thrid party program that will allow setting different backgrounds on each display?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/401510-photos-screensaver-centering-photos-across-monitors.html
Relevancy 41.71%

since 4 days photos which are camera rolled are deleted after some time they are not shown in one drive why it happens, is it any settings related to that

A:camera rolled photos are not showing in my photos app

If your OneDrive storage is near or over your subscribed maximum limit photos won't be saved.
I can't tell from your question if your pics have been deleted from the device local storage or OneDrive.
Please consider joining as a member for more dialog and better solutions from our great Windows Central community.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443402-camera-rolled-photos-not-showing-my-photos-app.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

My sister recently got engaged, I took loads of photos of the big night, stuck them on the PC and cleared the memory card. Upon actually looking at them, they are all corrupted - they appear to have mixed with other pictures.

The thumbnails are fine but obivously this is a different part of the file.

A lot of the software I have come across is designed to recoved lost files rather than repair corrupt images - can someone please help!?!

I have uploaded an example here: http:[email protected]/3997977288/

Relevancy 41.71%

Rotating arrows never stop in the photos app.
Camera is using a continuous 30% of my battery usage, but says nothing is being used in the background (all is being used whilst being "managed by windows"), whatever that means.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442614-why-does-photos-app-continually-show-refreshing-looking-new-photos.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Currently in my photos app, the photos are sorted 1,10,11 and so on. Is there a way to sort them 1,2,3 and so on?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/15180-how-sort-photos-windows-8-photos-app-number.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a free upgrade from win7 to win 10. There is an icon on the desktop for photos. When I open it there are strange photos coming from somewhere and I can't delete them. How do I delete them and stop them from loading?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-photos-program-has-strange-photos-1058610.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Last night, I tried to transfer a video file as I've done dozens of times. It didn't work. I tried a second time and realized it was because the file was more than 4GB which FAT32 USB drives will not accept.

I successfully formatted the new USB drive to NTFS.

My question is can I convert it back to FAT32? Can I do this using the same method (right-click drive checked off and optimized performance then right-click and select NTFS) I did from FAT32 to NTFS or is something else required?

Is it dangerous to due this? I will only be using this USB stick on my Windows laptops, dvd player and not on my iMac.

A:USB drive formatting back to FAT32 after formatting to NTFS

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,

You are correct, you can just format the drive back to FAT32 and no it shouldn't cause any issues doing this.
I have swapped between file system types many times and never had an issue.

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339327-usb-drive-formatting-back-fat32-after-formatting-ntfs.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I need to format a table and a report (see attachment). The requirement is to show the static table using the fonts, font sizes and colors that are previously defined in EXCEL. Excel did a great job at making a pretty table -- how do I get that same pretty table using the reporting functions in Access 2010?

A:Formatting a "pretty table" in Access 2010

If as you say the right hand side of the table is fixed you can just copy it in Excel and paste it in to the report.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatting-a-pretty-table-in-access-2010.1146380/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have several pictures folders in both my pictures and public pictures I also have individual photos at the roots of each directory. Windows 8 Photos app just comes up with a message "Can't find any pictures in here, make sure your pictures are in the picture library". They are!!!!! Any ideas Please?

A:Photos App says it cand find any photos in here

pictures should be in desktop/libraries/pictures

mine come up fine

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12226-photos-app-says-cand-find-any-photos-here.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone,

I have an Android phone and a Windows 8 PC I built. I took a picture on my phone and went on my computer and the photo showed up in my Photos tile. I have no idea where the picture came from because my PC and my phone aren't linked up and the photo only shows on the tile not in the app itself. I had a similar problem with my iPhone and Android because of Google+ but there seems to be no reason for this.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/42558-android-photos-showing-photos-app-pc.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My Photos app on Startscreen is still showing Facebook photos that were deleted from FB. How can I get rid of them? Where are they stored?
Switching Facebook off and on in Settings didn't make any difference.

A:How to Remove Facebook Photos in Photos app?

Ah the cache strikes again......

"Try this: go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.windowsphoto_[random characters]\LocalState\

Once there you'll find cached copies LargeTile?.jpg and SmallTile?.jpg
Delete the images you don't want (or replace them with ones you do want) then go to the start screen, turn off the live tile then turn it back on again. Hope that helps."

(Thanks to Mathew Wong for these instructions)

Geeve

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12673-how-remove-facebook-photos-photos-app.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recorded some saved programs on my Dish Network DVR 622 to an external hard drive that formatted it for that purpose according to their instructions. Can the external hard drive now be reused by being hooked up to my standalone computer and reformatted or have I lost it because of that use? If so, how do I do it? I do not want to save anything on the drive--just format it and use it for a different purpose. I no longer have the Dish DVR. When I connect the external drive to my desktop I do not even see an icon for it in My Computer.
Thanks for any help.

A:Formatting external drive after dvr formatting

Hi

its possible it has been formatted using a non standard file system, use disk manager to view the drive and remove any partitions on it, then use disk manager to recreate parttions on the drive

Start >settings> control panel> admin tools >computer management >disk manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatting-external-drive-after-dvr-formatting.124652/
Relevancy 37.84%

Howdy!
okay so I'm creating a new spreadsheet for work and have to format the cells in column C labelled No. Accidents. if the number of accidents is less than 5 i want it to be green and if its equal to 5 I want it to be yellow and more than 5 i want to be red.
That part I am fine with
BUT
it counts blank cells as 0
so I want it to be able to ignore these blank cells and leave them as white and not be affected by the conditional formatting colours
Please Help!
Cheers

A:Solved: Conditional Formatting: Ignore Blank Cells in Conditional formatting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-conditional-formatting-ignore-blank-cells-in-conditional-formatting.1009719/
Relevancy 37.41%

The Photos app on my Windows 8.1 Pro PC won't show any pictures either in the Pictures Library or in OneDrive. It only can display folders but not pictures. In other Windows Store apps, another weird things happens. The photos show up but with no thumbnails. I tried a reformat and reinstall and the problem disappeared. That is until I signed in my Microsoft account. The problem comes back. Here are some screenshots to clarify the problem.

NOTE: I'm using Hotspot Shield because an error appears every time I install Windows updates or Windows Store apps. I use Hotspot Shield to bypass this error but even disabling it doesn't solve the problem.

A:Photos app won't display any photos

I had such a problem too, the culprit for me was LibreOffice which messed up the KindMap in the Registry; so you could try to look for the Kind column and see if your pictures have the right Kind category set: pictures. (LibreOffice changed the Kind category to document and so the Photo app was not showing any pictures as it thought of them as documents not as pictures.)

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/45337-photos-app-wont-display-any-photos.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello Right he's my problem I've been using my parents computer for the last few months and on photos Padlocks old on new at all. login, login view photos cannot decided to make my own user log-in the other day After doing so I cut pasted my photos folder into my new user Padlocks on photos on old login, new login cannot view photos at all. directory or whatever I'm not very techie I have thousands of photos my BF is a photographer and I can view most of them However in one particular folder of them aren't viewable Says I don't have permission When I log back into parents windows I can see the photos in my directory as they are no longer Padlocks on photos on old login, new login cannot view photos at all. located in theirs but there are little gold padlocks on the ones I cannot see on my log-in I've tried changing permissions ownership you name it I've looked for help on line and tried everything The only thing that seems to work is if I right click on each individual photo and change things that way but I do have a life and this will take AGES Can anyone help me If you need more information please ask C

A:Padlocks on photos on old login, new login cannot view photos at all.

Have you tried forcing inheritance on the folder with the locked files?

WARNING! Make a backup HDD image BEFORE trying this.

You might want to get your parents permission too.

See if this post helps.
User profile - Owner and Rights

Tutorials
Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups
Take Ownership of file - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230027-padlocks-photos-old-login-new-login-cannot-view-photos-all.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have the auto-upload for photos turned on in my One Drive App. My concern is that if I delete the photos from my phone, will it delete them from OneDrive?
Also, I know I should be using a Windows Phone (I had one and prefer it, but when I had switched to Sprint there was no option). I am much hoping for a Surface Phone on Sprint!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438064-if-i-delete-photos-my-ios-photos-app-will-they-delete-one-drive.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Dell Dimension Intel Pentium running Windows XP nbsp sp been access lsass.exe Denied granted but has those to requested process Access a rights an object, has not access and have been getting tons of junk mail I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights ran Avast malware bytes amp spybot Nothing found So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer I m not as savvy as I d like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights I shouldn t have First I tried system restore to go back to a later date but it wouldn t let me no mater which date I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights tried Then I followed a suggestion regarding the registries HUGE mistake Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up Then a box pops up saying lsass exe access denied a proccess has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights When I click ok It restarts The Dell logo pops up then the Windows XP logo and then the access denied again Ive tried to start in last known good configuration Safe mode System restore But i keep ending back in the loop So I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I ve been reading through threads for information I don t have any of the original software for this cop I purchased it used a few years ago But I purchased a Knoppix and system rescue from same CO amp CDs off eBay Windows XP bit amp bit as I wasn t sure which was the one I might need But the were being sold as disks for this type of problem But when I put the bit in I changed the boot order first that that it could even be able to load but it said to use the bit disk So I tried the but nothing happened at all I m stumped Can anyone help me

A:lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights

Windows XP has reached end of life 2 years ago... It is an insecure Operating System and should no longer be used especially online.
The Dimension 2400 is weak hardware (Pentium 4 Processor, IDE hard drive, DDR RAM) from 2003! so 13 years old! Its not worthwhile running a modern Operating System on it and below minimum system requirements.
If on a budget you are best to buy a second hand OptiPlex 780 with a Windows 7 OEM license (which can be used for a free Windows 10 upgrade).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19680716
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys So here is my problem Last night I wanted to put some pictures that I took with my camera from a party When I put the card in everything seemed to be working fine The problem started when I tried to open a picture up During this process Windows Explorer and Adobe Photoshop CS viewing my photo program froze No knowing what to do next I closed these programs down When i tried to open up the card on Windows Explorer again it wouldn t load I took out the card photos My are :( gone and put in it again and BANG my photos were all gone The memory card is My photos are gone :( an quot ADATA Classic Turbo SDHC GB quot I was running the card on my Acer Aspire which uses Windows Any help will be appreciated Thanks P S When I put the card in now and check for properties it says that there is MB used Does this mean that the photos are still there nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Has anyone found a free *like it should be* CODEC for Windows 7 64bit to view these RAW files in windows explorer? I have tried Fast Picture Viewer but that is a program, I am looking just for the codec.

Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%
Q: Photos

Does W10 photo app have a facility to upload from scanner ?

A:Photos

Originally Posted by Davord

Does W10 photo app have a facility to upload from scanner ?

There's Scanner App that works fine. Photo App doesn't store anything it just displays pictures.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/17868-photos.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Every time I open a picture file, it uses windows media player to open it. How do I change the path?

Relevancy 30.1%
Q: photos

camera connected to computer nothing happening why

A:photos

We need a lot more information.

What kind of camera is this? Did any software come with it? Is it installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos.570782/
Relevancy 30.1%

When I import my photos from an SD card, it goes to the Photo Library on the Start Menu, is there a way I can insert the photos in a folder of my choice?

A:Photos

There should be a menu allowing you to choose the destination folder. Are you using the manufacturer software or the windows software?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17440-photos.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I am using outlook express and when i get photos sent to me i cannot send out to friends. error message says one or more photos will be be sent, do you want to continue.

has anyone experienced this? if so, what is the fix?

bob0101

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos-not-sent.852273/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello,

From one day to the other my Windows Photos App stopped working... When opening a picture I get an error message like this:

I don't know how to re-install the app either.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this please?

Thanks in advance.

A:Photos App

Originally Posted by Foggy79

Hello,

From one day to the other my Windows Photos App stopped working... When opening a picture I get an error message like this:

I don't know how to re-install the app either.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this please?

Thanks in advance.

Can find microsofts photo app in the store, just type photo in search window after you open up the store. Try and reinstall

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35071-photos-app.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Using XP on a PC is there a "simple" way to backup/copy my photos to DVD instead of CD? Because of the sizes it will be more efficent.

A:Photos to DVD

Do you have a DVD burner?

If so, burn as a data disk, just as a CD

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos-to-dvd.472409/
Relevancy 30.1%

Why do some photos I receive in my email come out as keyboard symbols

Relevancy 30.1%

Does anyone know if MS is going to fix "photos app"? Or, are they going to treat it like Visa and let it not work till the next service pack.

Because I now had a metro start screen I had hidden my desktop icons. Un-hiding the Libraries icon made the Photos app work.

A:photos app

Only the Gods in the high towers of the Microsoft Realm know.
And they are not sharing the information.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17941-photos-app.html
Relevancy 30.1%

When I place the cursor on one of the folders in My Pictures it shows to be 90KB, but when I double click the folder appears to be empty. I get "no file selected"There are two other folders like it, all the rest are normal.
What has happenned to my photos.?
Hope you can help. Thanks.

A:photos

File can have a property of "Hidden"
If your WinExplorer is not set to show hidden files they do not appear, but are still there, taking up space.

To set your WinExplorer to show hidden files (assuming WinXP):
Open the WinExplorer,
select Tools>Folder Options, tab "View"
Advanced settings: Show hidden files and folders

If your WinExplorer is set to show hidden files then they appear as "ghosty" or faded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos.313690/