Windows Support Forum

Issues with WIFI on new PC

Q: Issues with WIFI on new PC

I recently bought a Laptop with an unknown OS (I forget the name, but it wasn't windows) and had to format it, and afterwards got Windows 7 working on it. For some reason, I'm not getting any wifi, help please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issues with WIFI on new PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issues with WIFI on new PC

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm able to connect to the internet with a cord, just not getting wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-wifi-on-new-pc.217367/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys This is Viral I am using an Acer laptop model ASPIRE since the last five years There haven't been much issues with it restor 5100 intel Issues is r as systm installed WiFi link after wifi not d with except for the battery and thats it But recently since last two weeks I noticed that my Wifi would stop blinking after sometime after I start my laptop and then it wouldn't work even when I try to turn on and turn off the Wifi switch it doesn't respond anything I tried searching the net for this issue using my office laptop and found that a system restore would help to solve this issue Since I remembered that I updated Java as well as there was this ad software which got installed and I had unistalled it So I did a system restore and then when I opened the device manager I am not able to see intel r wifi link driver on it I tried restarting my laptop and did everything and couldn't find the driver it was there before Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor the system restore But later on the same day the driver got installed automatically and the WiFi started working but only for a couple of minutes after the restart and then it stopped So I did the system restore again to the date when everything was working perfectly and when i did that again my intel r wifi link driver is not shown on the device manager network adapters I don't if it would automatically get installed or not but its sure Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor that the WiFi issue still be there So can you please help with this issue Help me get the intel r wifi link driver back Help me the solve the WiFi issue as the WiFi light goes Off It would be grateful if any of you guys could help me out this issue since I am applying for further studies and require the internet connection in the night for filling the forms I have the office laptop but all my documents and my Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor software are there in my personal laptop Please help me sir My machine info Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU T GHZ Memory - GB System type - bit operating system Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor

Select Model, Select Operating System, Download your Drivers

There is also a hardware detection tool to assist you.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If the software is listed in add/remove programs; Uninstall it.

If the device is listed in device manager; uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541806/issues-with-wifi-as-intel-r-wifi-link-5100-is-not-installed-after-d-systm-restor/
Relevancy 49.45%

Good Morning Forum community Member nbsp Model Name - Hp Pavilion Notebook -p TX Issues - Brodcomm n wireless Adpater not worning Problems - nbsp I have been facing the same problem since days and i have tried all possible ways to solve it out but Issues limitation connectivity/wifi wifi nothing work Problems are as Follows - wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues nbsp Wifi Stopped working within mins of restart the computer and automatically the wifi icon goes limited and then it automatically become the LAN small PC icon and after that notebook get hanged everytime for re work i need to forcefully wtich it of from the power button I followed all the tips and tricks for solving out the problem and even take Hp assistance help to sort out this wifi Problems but nothing work no one helped me out of this problems Following are the ways i have tried that power managent tick i have un ticked from PROPERTIES by using CMD i reset all nbsp I have DONE Wlan auto cofig to disable and put it on starting update the drivers to the latest Version Installs latest drivers of brodcomm from the HP website or even other websites none of above help wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues me out All wired Network are working nbsp super fine but when i swtich to wifi it automatically goes limited and then diirectly hang the whole nbsp notebook nbsp Please kindly suggests the valueable Suggestion and ways to get it sort out it really frustrated now i dont understand what are ways to get my wifi back on working condition wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues Thanks nbsp Kind Regards nbsp Spoiler Highlight to read Spoiler Highlight to read Spoiler Highlight to read Spoiler Highlight to read Aditya Rai nbsp Aditya Rai nbsp Solved View Solution

A:wifi connectivity/wifi limitation Issues

Hello @adityarai82, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you tried many troubleshooting steps already, without success. Try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Source: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connectivity-wifi-limitation-Issues/td-p/5665371
Relevancy 43%

Hello I'm having problems with my WiFi. Besides my computer, witch is connected via ethernet cable, all other devises are unable to connect to my router. I have the zyxel P-660HN-51 modem and, for what ever reason, all wireless devises are unable to see my wifi network. With it being the weekend I am unable to contact any support from said internet provider. The only advise I've gathered so far was to access the router connection web page and to set up the wifi from there. However it seems ineffective so far. So...... what I'm trying to say is help?

A:WiFi issues

Reset the router to factory defaults and see if it comes back to life. If it's still not working replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issues.1161754/
Relevancy 43%

I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests http://prntscr.com/b40vtx but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac . I don't know what other info do i have to provide you so as to help you help me but here are some photos that might help you. http://prntscr.com/b411c6http://prntscr.com/b411zqhttp://prntscr.com/b412by Edit: I formatted Windows 10 with UEFI. I hope i helped you enough.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-UHD-wifi-issues/td-p/3327864
Relevancy 43%

I cannot connect to home Wifi. When troubleshooting the problem, message says that Wifi adapter is being reset but ultimately error message received is "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.   Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issues/td-p/5848109
Relevancy 43%

I have a Lenovo z580 with Windows 8 64-bit OS. Prior to this I had Windows 7. My wifi continually connects and works fine for a while then will show "no internet connection" which only is solved, temporarily, by running the troubleshooting which resets the wifi adapter. I have the latest driver installed for my adapter (Intel Centrino N-2200). Sometimes it will go days without an issue, other days I'll have to reset the adapter half a dozen times. I had the same issue when I was running Windows 7. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 43%

Hi I have a low space issue on my C drive and RAM is low, recently my WiFi has been dropping, (and its definitely not the wifi since other machines work).

Could it be that wifi needs lots of RAM to work?

Thanks!

A:RAM and wifi issues - possible

Nope it's not likely to be related to RAM (also, while 4GB would be nice, 2GB is reasonable for 32 bit windows) or hard drive space.

Check and update or rollback Wifi adapter drivers on the laptop if necessary. Also, check if the antenna is working okay. A while ago, my friend's HP laptop running Vista displayed similar symptoms...turned out that the Wifi antenna was somehow spoiled (difficult to actually damage it lol..but it happened).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/143395-ram-wifi-issues-possible.html
Relevancy 43%

Had wifi issue and laptop suddenly shutting down. I have solved it!!! I 'm buying a DELL laptop

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/wifi-Issues/td-p/441280/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys,

This has been an on/off problem for months now.

Right now I have my network configured w/ A fios connection.

internet--->Dlink DI-604 (DHCP server) 192.168.0.1---->

Dlink------->WinXP SP2 machine
Dlink-------> 192.168.0.2 Linksys (forgot model) 802.11b (router) {acting as access point} --->1 laptop + 1 wifi Print server + 1 Desktop

What is happening is the Wifi internet connection is dropping, all clients remained connected, can view files, can print etc etc... just lose the internet. The lone PC hardwired into the Dlink continues to function normally.

I tried swapping out the linksys router w/ a spare linksys WAP I had sitting around but the problem continued. Only pulling the plug on the linksys wifi access point will correct the problem.

I've done all the simple fixes/checks now Im looking at the advanced settings (beacon intervals etc etc)

Any advice on next steps?

Moving the router/wap is not an option

A:WIFI issues :(

the first thing I recommend is changing your "channel". If you (or someone living very close to you) has any cordless phones, they can cause your connection to drop. I changed mine wifi to channel 10, and now I never have any issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issues.411767/
Relevancy 43%

i can connect 2.4 GHz wifi anywhere in my house and more distance but i can't even find 5GHz wifi what am i do for that,i want to find and connect to 5GHz wifi  , tell me fast as you can what am i do?

A:wifi issues

Hi: If you can't connect to the 5.0 GHz wireless band, most likely your notebook only has a single band 2.4 GHz wireless network adapter. Most HP consumer notebooks only come with single band cards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-issues/td-p/5663772
Relevancy 43%

Ok, I built my pc back in December. It worked fine on windows 7, and I installed windows eight. It worked fine up until I updated windows 8, and now it doesn't even have the wifi icon in the taskbar. I use a belkin n750db gold edition to pick up my wifi signal, but now my only option for Internet is hooking up my desktop directly to my router via ethernet cable. I should also clarify that there is literally no wifi/wireless setting on my pc for some reason. It doesn't even have the wifi bars with the red like through it. I play lots of video games on my desktop, and have tried everything I thought to do although all advice would be welcome.

P.s. my steam name is grigglz

A:Wifi issues

It could be the issue of any driver update that came with your Windows Update which is not compatible to your Wi-Fi . Most probably this may be caused by any KMDF (Kernel Microsoft Driver Framework) Driver which is not supported by your Wi-Fi.

In my opinion you should do a system restore to the date when your Wi-Fi was working. Or you can even go to
Device Manager -> Network Adapter -> Locate your Wi-Fi and right click on it -> Click Properties -> In that windows click on Driver Tab -> There you click on "Roll Back Driver" and wait until it completes. When it is completed restart your computer and see if your problem fixes or not.
Hope it will help.............

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/22957-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

I have been having problems with my wifi. It just begun about a week ago. Currently my wifi is not working on my laptop past 10 feet from the router. This is new, and prior to last week there was no issue. When I place my laptop in the same spot it was for 3 years where it has no issues prior to this week it does not detect my wifi router. But when I walk close to the router it works.

Would this be an issue with my internal wireless card or antenna?

Relevancy 43%

Wifi connection issues.  I haven't had this computer a full 2 weeks and aleady have issues. 1.  "Wifi sense requires attention; Tap to fix it" is displaying in the lower right hand corner.  I "tap" and nothing.  I click the "x" to close it and nothing. 2.  Some sites just don't work.  I go to youtube.  it opens fine, but never displays a video.3.  Trying to use another website for homework.  Log into the website just fine.  Go to click on a lesson and it never opens. Please don't tell me I bought crap.  I bought this computer on August 22nd.  Its now September 6th.  We have 3 other laptops on the same wifi...none have issues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issues/td-p/5753535
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I am going to try and explain this this the best I can!!
Ok, I have a router in which I connect to the internet with, I have a ralink 802.11b/g usb dongle on which I use to connect to wifi with my gaming devices as my router is not compatible, a couple of days ago the ralink was giving me issues with an error message "limited or no connectivity" after getting angry, I thought that a un-install and a re-install would help, but it did not, when I re-installed it the icon was different, that was the 1st thing I noticed, but when the icon did light up, I hovered over it and it had picked up the connection from my router instead of the "soft-AP" it had before, I'm really confused and need help.
Thanks in advance!!

Relevancy 43%

Hey recently I purchased a Toshiba Windows laptop The laptop is self is great although I have some WiFi Issues? problems I'm a computer geek WiFi Issues? and I use WiFi Issues? my laptop all the time Randomly my WiFi doesn't agree with my laptop and the it becomes very slow I use Firefox but it isn't the browser because I've tested it on other browsers and it does the same thing Well what happens is my internet connection becomes very slow and I can't connect to any webpages I don't think it's my WiFi because when I restart my connection turn off and on or restart my laptop everything is perfectly fine The weird thing is this doesn't happen at all on my desktop For example right now as I'm typing this my connection is perfectly fine and very fast Maybe about minuets later it's going to lag out and I'm going to have to turn off my internet connection and turn it back on I've had my laptop for three months and its been doing this from the start Thanks

A:WiFi Issues?

If you are using it on your own Internet, I would be looking at a Gateway/Router or ISP issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61539-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

i have a dell inspirion laptop that is now having trouble picking up wifi from the wireless card this all started when we bought a usb issues wifi wifi antenna to help with reception and installed it it said it was windows compatiable but picked up less signal than what we already had with the factory built in card so after uninstalling the wifi antenna software we cannot get the built in to work properly when i try to do the network diagnostics it says quot wireless network adapter is diabled quot when i got to change the setting of my network adapter it gives me the options of quot disable or connect and a few others but no where wifi issues does it say enable i hit connect and although it shows our network it wont connect it comes up with these errors quot none of the networks previously connected to are in range quot network cable is not properly pluged in quot and again the wireless network coonection adepter is diabled quot i tried a system restore but that has failed when i try to use dates prior to these problems any input into how i can reset my wifi settings and get things working again thanks matthew

Hi Matt98svt,

Try this - How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7

Let us know if this helps

Lucky

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91490-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

Help?!
My computer will not look for any wireless connections anywhere. I have tried updating my drivers and disabling my firewall but none of that has seemed to work. Please if anyone has had the same issue I would greatly appreciate the help but I simply do not know what the hell to do I have tried everything i can think of.

A:Wifi Issues

G'day Miver3385, and Welcome to BC.

Have you rebooted/reset the router...?...can you connect directly to the router...wired ...?

have you had a look in device manager?....any yellow ? in there or exclamation points...?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558620/wifi-issues/
Relevancy 43%

I'm a Microsoft Windows 8.1 user. I've had my laptop since Christmas. I've been letting it slide, but I'm starting to get a little mad. I can't play games without worrying about my WiFi. Other gadgets more perfectly fine using the WiFi. I get full bars when using my Laptop. I tried disabling my adapter and turning it back off, no luck. What's weird is, sometime it's lightning fast then five seconds later, it's crazy slow. It's been like this from the start.

Please help, thanks.

A:More WiFi Issues

The ethernet hardwire works fine with the game? Just straw-grasping, trying to eliminate or illuminate something further up the food or power chain.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/64305-more-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi there i neeed help before i go nuts issues WiFi 7 with Win and start shooting up computers with the howitzer i have in the shed i have been WiFi issues with Win 7 trying to get a consistent connection on win and bit without success every time i restart i have to reset the wifi password and eventually it has told me the password is wrong and that the settings stored on the pc are not the same as on the router i have reinstalled the os twice i have tried different wifi dongles which are both using the most up to date drivers with the same result i am using an Intel DG Icedale board i have had a connection before which lasted a few reboots but each time it showed in the task tray as a white bar symbol with a red X through it somehow i was still connected last attempt i had was setting up a network where Win told me what the password was then i rebooted and THEN it told me the password was wrong and eventually said it simply could not connect any help would be great as i am dipairing and feeling like an idiot as the kids thought it was awesome that i had built a pc and knew EVERYTHING about the sodding things Happy New Year all Al

A:WiFi issues with Win 7

Hello there, do not worry, I will try my best to help you.

I have come across this issue quite alot of times, and it can be several things. I will try going through all of them, if I miss anything out, I am sure there will be some other individuals who will input more ideas.

First of all I need to know which router you are using? (the make and model)- this is usually at the back or bottom

What encryption are you using? WEP | WPA, WPA2 etc..

How old is this router? (I ask simply because of firmware updates)

Clearing everything on the PC side

1) Click start, then control panel, choose network and internet, followed by network and sharing center
2) On the left hand side click manage wireless networks
3) You may or may not have netorks listed in here under name, security etc, remove every single one

4) Click add, choose manually connect to a wireless network or similar option
5) Type the network name, the security type i.e. WEP, or WPA etc, the encryption type for WPA AES or TKIP and put your password
6) Make sure there is a check mark for start this network connection automatically

Now you should be connected, if you don't know the details, then you can see them by turning the router upside down or accessing the router configuration.

Hopefully the problem will go away, if the problem is still going on

Change the channel

1) Access wifi setup, this is an ip address you type in your browser, like mine is 192.168.2.1, I then go to wireless settings, and I am given several options about security and one being the channel, change the channel from default to something like 11 or anything else

Make sure there isn't anything interfering with the router signal or covering it up.

Manual Entry

I have noticed this problem to be fixed in few occasions by specifying the IP address your self rather that getting it from the router's DHCP server.

1) Click start, then run and type ipconfig /all
2) Find the adapter that says wireless adapter, and copy the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS server

3) Go to start, then run and type, ncpa.cpl
4) Right click the wireless adapter and choose properties, then TCP version 4
5) Instead of choosing obtain ip address automatically choose use the following ip address
6) Enter here the IP, subnet, default gateway and also dns server
7) Click ok and then apply and restart machine

If you are still experiencing the machine to be losing connection, then I would suggest updating the wireless driver in the machine / laptop. Find your model and see if there is a firmware update.

If you have time, you could test the connection with a different encryption like WEP: not secure but you can see if that is causing any problem in any way.

Keeping all the windows up to date is another bonus as you will get certain updates filtered through.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-issues-with-win-7-a-541296.html
Relevancy 43%

I apologize if this has been asked and answered I scrolled through and didn't see a topic but I didn't do a thorough review Anyway my problem is that my wifi adapter crashes Occasionally it will just show that Wifi Issues I'm not connected and when Wifi Issues I click on the status bars to show available networks it will not respond I can right click and troubleshoot or open the network and sharing center but nothing I do while in there will fix the problem Only a reboot of my machine will work I know that there is not an issue with the router or cable modem because it has done it to me at home and now again while visiting my parents not to mention that other devices are not having issues like my phone kindle and netbook I have WIndows on an HP Any ideas I have another problem with this computer but this is the most frustrating I may ask about that once I can get this resolved Thanks in advance

Hi

Hp 2000 is a series number. Please post the exact model number written on the bottom part of the laptop. For example 2201TU.

Also post a snapshot of your system using the free tool Speccy. Read the instructions from the below link and post the web link Speccy gives.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

The very first step you should do is to uninstall the WiFi driver and install the latest one available from HP site. Speccy report will let us know which WiFi adapter is in your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498590/wifi-issues/
Relevancy 43%

Good Morning, I am having some issues with my internet connecting. It works for a few moments and then it disconnects.   i tried a few thing but nothing seems to work. Please let me know if anyone can help. thanks

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230. There are no W10 drivers for that model wlan card, which is probably why you are having issues like that. The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the latest W8.1 wireless driver directly from Intel. You want the 2nd driver down on the left for 64 bit. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26172/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Issues/td-p/5729506
Relevancy 43%

So, I was sitting here a few days ago, and my internet started dropping randomly. I go through the normal thing of restarting the router, and it comes back up on my PC. Now, a little while later it drops again and I take notice that it is still connected to my tablet and other devices in the house, which is very odd. I hard reset the router, was ok for a little while and then it started happening again. It could be my wifi adapter in my computer, but I highly doubt it since I -can- stay connected for hours. It still randomly drops my PC for no reason. I don't know what to do anymore.

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/0...n-from-dropping-without-rebooting-the-router/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issues.1130819/
Relevancy 43%

Recently my PC was upgraded to windows 10. Had wifi issues from day 1. Looking at Device Manager, the wifi adapter was hidden. I deleted it and scaned for HW changes but couldn't find it. Downloaded many Ralink drivers, restarted several times but still cannot find the adapter. Suggestions?

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum It looks like you are not able to connect to the Wireless Network with your Notebook Please read the tips and steps shown below, find out what is relevant to your current situation and tryperforming some steps which might help resolving the issue 1. Check for the Wireless Light, Try turning ON the Wireless by pressing the Wireless Button 2. Check if Wireless[WLAN] is enabled in BIOS 3. Check if you have yellow "!" mark or red "x" mark for Wireless Adapter under Device ManagerNote: Right Click on the Adapter, Uninstall the driver and restart the Unit[Windows will load the drivers again] 4. Check the last time wireless was working fine and perform System Restore, Reset the BIOS to setup defaults bytapping F10 Key under BIOS 5. Power OFF the Unit, Remove the AC Adapter & Battery, Press and hold the Power Button for 1 full minute 6. You can also download and install the latest BIOS Update for the Unit from HP Support Site 7. Uninstall the Wireless Drivers again from Device Manger and this time download and re-install the drivers fromthe HP Support Site 8. If you are using HP Wireless Assistant on your Unit, Please uninstall the same and re-install it again 9. Check if your Wireless Card detects any other Wireless Network nearby, in that case delete the existing wirelessprofile and re-create the same 10. Incase if all these steps doesn't fix the issue, you can try removing and reseating the Wireless Card on the UnitNote: Please do this step only if you are comfortable doing it  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-issues/td-p/5801660
Relevancy 43%

When I am on my internet my wifi keeps grabbing my neighbors connection and makes me lose the internet. I reselect my connection but it goes back. I get a pop up bubble saying there are two connections available, then it grabs my neighbors, even though mine is stronger. How can I fix this issue?

Right click your wireless icon in your taskbar and select "View Available Wireless Networks".
In the pane on the left side, click on "Change Advanced Settings".
Click on the "Wireless Networks" tab in the properties window that opened.
In the list of preferred networks, move your home connection up to the top of the list.

That should do it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236777/wifi-issues/
Relevancy 43%

I have been having problems with my wifi network, it cuts in and out all the time. I have to constantly use the troubleshooter to fix it. Here is the screen shot attachment I took for you.

A:Wifi issues help!

hi there stranger, sorry to hear your having probs. The detailed info link at the bottom of the page may shed some light on the problem. More than likely its a signal/channel issue. Placement of the adapter and router should be as high as possible and away from walls and shelves and windows, solid objects and metal frames can be contributors. A free program like inssider or xirrus wifi inspector will show you what channel all your neighbors are using, you want your router on one that is least used by neighbors. Microwaves and cordless phone bases shouldn't be close to adapter or router either.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24584-wifi-issues-help.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello for quite some time now we ve been having issues with our WiFi Out of the four laptops and two towers connecting to the internet only two laptops running Window seem to connected regularly while the other two laptops are repeatedly being kicked off the WiFi for apparent reason what so ever The two issues WiFi towers are connected through Ethernet cables The router is only about four months old having replaced it before hand for similar issues Replacing the router had only seemed to work for about a month before the same issues reappeared We are on a satellite internet connection in the middle of the desert so a clear view isn t an issue There are power lines about yards up and over the satellite dish but not all computers are being affected with this issue WiFi issues All the computers are being used for gaming through Steam and World of Warcraft We ve tried resetting the router swapping out the cables having the line professionally tested bought a repeater unit setting the router to reserve IP addresses for the computers updating the routers Firmware and even moved closer to the access point At this point we re all ready to go with the beat it with a stick till it works option Model information LinkSys E Firmware Version HP Pavilion DV Windows Home Premium - Connected ASUS N D Windows Home Premium - Random disconnects ASUS K J Windows Home Premium - Random disconnects ACER Aspire Windows Home Premium - Connected The towers are custom builds that are older and running Windows XP Pro

A new Linksys (limited) support option is now available (free access in US only) Click below >>http://homesupport.cisco.com/linksysconnectedhomeservice?hsid=LCH-BannerFor all other details on the Linkseys unit see HERE Includes many FAQ items -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477123/wifi-issues/
Relevancy 43%

Hello
I have a HP with windows XP professional, the computer always worked really well until recently, when I turn the computer on it does not recognize the wireless modem. The computer does not seem to keep the wep key number in its memory. After ten minutes or so it comes on. Could anyone please tell me if my wifi card is failing or is it window xp software and is there a way I can repair this online.
Thanks in advance.

A:WIFI issues

and welcome to the Forum

Have you installed the newest driver for the wirless adaptor from HP?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-issues-666361.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey there, I have a laptop that can't connect to my home router. It's a Win10/64 bit Lenovo ideapad Y700 and less than 6 months old. It used to connect just fine, but some time over the last two months it's decided it can't connect anymore. I've done everything on this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues including rolling back the driver and uninstalling/reinstalling driver completely. I'm stumped.

It connects via ethernet cord to the home router fine.
It sees the home router, as well as a host of neighbor's routers (have not tried connecting to anyone else yet).
Other devices can use my home router just fine via wifi or eithernet.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, did a software reboot of the router and now it works.Weird that unplugging it for a minute didn't work.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/wifi-issues.306922/
Relevancy 43%

I use Virginmedia broadband and i have a pluscom router. My HP laptop with XP connect fine to the internet but when i try to connect with my Sony with windows 7 i get the message security code mismatch. No matter what i do it never seems to work at all
Please help, this is driving me crazy

What security type are you using, WEP or WPA. Make sure that if you have WEP, you enter the WEP key and if you have WPA, you enter the WPA key. Also, try changing your security type.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74855-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Samsung N145 Netbook with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 8 64 bit on dual boot, and 2 GB RAM aftermarket.

In Windows XP, WiFi connection is unstable and keeps dropping and reconnecting all the time, sometimes 5+ times an hour sometimes but in some instances it's fine an entire day.

On Windows 8, and netbook sitting on the same location, as well as any other WiFi device, WiFi works fine and never experienced a drop. So I rule out any interference or router problems and the signal is strong and point to XP.

I've the latest Atheros WLAN driver on XP

Thanks for any help.

A:Wifi issues.

Where did you download the driver?
You should only download the driver from the Samsung web site. Download the Chipset and Wireless driver for your model.http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...NP-N145-JP01US
Download and install WiFi Inspector and Post a screenshot of it in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-issues-716457.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I am having problems accessing my wireless signal from all parts of the house; the router is located in our home office. When I move to the other side of the house (master bedroom) I lose the wireless signal.

I am not sure what to do to solve this. I have done some searching on the internet and have come across two options:

1. a range extender
2. a second router

Are these my only options, and if so, which one is best?

Thanks.

I am having problems accessing my wireless signal from all parts of the house ...Click to expand...

If you're having problems accessing your wireless from the same room as the router there is a problem with the router, the wireless adapter or there is serious wireless interference. Do you have a second wireless enabled device to test with? Or if you have a laptop can you connect w/o problems to another wireless network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issues.1031120/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all, I purchased my HP G4 250 about 4 months ago. Since purchasing but more so recently I have noticed some errors with wifi conectivity. Basically, every so often my wifi will randomly disconnect me from the internet. The page i am on will freeze and I will be disconected. I am not able to connect and reconnect using the wifi symbol in the bottom right corner and am forced to restart my laptop each time. However sometimes when I restart my laptop it will get stuck on the restarting page and I am forced to power my computer off at by holding down the power button. I believe that I disconnect more when I am streaming videos/etc online, it seems to stay connected when browsing. This is really really frustrating as I pretty much can't use my laptop!!! Any help would be greatly reccomended!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G4-250-Wifi-Issues-Grateful-for-help/td-p/5802002
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Neopad 1050 and am having trouble connecting to WiFi. I have bought a prepaid WiFi unit specifically for the tablet. It connects and then drops out straight away. I have disabled the time outs.

A:Neopad1050 wifi issues

Have you tried with a different wifi network?
On-off cycle your router, then try to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/neopad1050-wifi-issues.1031952/
Relevancy 42.14%

So a few days ago I got my new gaming PC it has an i K a SC a ROG Strix X motherboard It's a beast of a PC for gaming On the first day my internet connection was great and normal no problems whatsoever I was getting the usually - mbps DL speed and ping lower than with - Gaming Issues PC New WiFi packet loss The second day after using the New Gaming PC - WiFi Issues PC the internet connection went terrible and has stayed that way I am now struggling to get a DL speed over kbps and I can't even play games due to the fact that my ping is in the thousands and I have or more packet loss I think this must be a problem to do with the PC itself as I plugged in my old pc and everything was fine great DL speed and ping as usual the connection was also normal and great on my iPad and phone If anyone has any helpful information please respond as I am so annoyed right now with this problem Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-gaming-pc-wifi-issues-4601667/
Relevancy 42.14%

So Wifi Issues and with Vista I installed a Netgear W v USB adapter on my box running Vista Ultimate I had the drivers installed and it worked for a while then randomally it would drop connection and lose its IP and never able to get it back when reconnected to the wifi signal I would randomally get a Host Issues with Vista and Wifi Process Stopped responding error Every time I go to quot Diagnose quot the problem in the Network and Sharing center it pops up with the same host process error and times out while Diagnosing the problem I first disabled IPv then I ran the registry script that gets rid Issues with Vista and Wifi of all the IPv tunnels Still getting the same problem Then I disabled the DHCP broacast through the registry tag there Still not Issues with Vista and Wifi woring I upgraded the drivers to the drivers still nothing The wireless router works fine on xp machines that are in the same room one a laptop on the same desk I updated the firmware on the Linksys WRT G router enabled and disabled uPnP and tried using a static IP I changed the channels on the router which just made it worse for the XP boxes I am at a loss here as to what else I can do to connect I can connect fine to a paid hotspot near me well actually yards away across the George Bush Tollway but it will not connect to the local router I know Sp is around the corner and supposed to help with some of these networking issues speed when going to from XP but it helps me little as I cannot connect now Just seeing if anyone here had similar issues

A:Issues with Vista and Wifi

For some reason, Netgear products (at least for me) have been really buggy on vista, expecially x64. Sounds like you've covered the basics as far as your firmware goes.

I would say try static IP and see what happens. Also, on my WRT54G, changing the channel on the wireless broadcast helps me sometimes... For instance, if I choose channel 6, i get full signal all over the house, but channel 5 gives me little if anyting and 7 gives me nothing... just experiment.

Hope that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/132770-issues-vista-wifi.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Tech Guy I m really hoping someone can help me out I have a Toshiba Satellite P -S laptop that came installed with Windows I am having trouble staying connected to the internet Wifi Please 8 issues! Help with Windows when I m on Wifi I m currently using an ethernet cord and don t seem to Please Help with Windows 8 Wifi issues! have any trouble at all When the computer shows I m connected to wifi as soon as I Please Help with Windows 8 Wifi issues! attempt to go to a webpage the internet shuts off If it does manage to stay connected for a few minutes the connection is weak and super slow The browser I m using is Chrome I work from home on my computer and Chrome works best with the software I need to run for work No one else in the house is having any trouble at all with their wifi connections Here is my info Windows IP Configuration Host Name ShawnaWork Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Please Help with Windows 8 Wifi issues! Search List hsd ky comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C- E- - -B -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C- E- - -B -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ky comcast net Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -E - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e a fb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday April PM Lease Expires Thursday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -EA-B - -E - C- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ky comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ky comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c cc bbca b Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c cc bbca b Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -EA-B - -E - C- - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Please let me know if there is anything I can try or do to fix this Thanks Shawna nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I recently purchased the Dell XPS 14z and it has been working fine, however when I take it out to work (where there's no wifi connections) a red 'x' now appears on the wifi icon in the task tray. Usually it just shows an orange star and is essentially 'pending' connections.

When I try and use my BlackBerry Bold 9900 to connect using the mobile internet it says that it can't connect as the wifi radio may be off? This hasn't happened before and I've tried everything to troubleshoot it with no luck.

Thanks

A:Wifi connection issues

Are there no wireless router ssid's at work does it say no connections available when you click on wireless icon?

Do you get available wireless connections at home still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233889-wifi-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all I have an HP 2000 Windows 8 Basic 64 bit. 4 gigs memory.

I keep having problems with the wifi coming and going and not sure why. I just the new Laptop a Month ago or so now. When I go to try and repair it with trouble shooting it tells me it is configured manually for the wireless adapter, which it is not. Then it says something about the point need something not sure.

I got it to finally work. However it keeps coming and and going.

So not sure how to go about fixing the issue.

Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

We Unfortunately purchased a pool of these machines for a healthcare facility that was converting over from a hardwired thin client setup to a WIFI based mobile one The Realtek RTL EE cards that they came with are just absolute garbage I have seen many forums discuss disconnection issues with these cards and the go to fixes are typically reverting back to a really old driver or replacing the card with a different one I have tried every driver revision from forward I have not only disconnection issues with these cards but when they are using battery Issues 450 WIFI 15-ac151dx HP power Regardless of how you change or tweak power settings the pings spike into the roof some of which are around - ms Plug them in with a hardwire ms Plus the power back into the laptop on WIFI ms HP 450 15-ac151dx WIFI Issues Now that I have a pile of laggy laptops nbsp I was hoping someone figured an angle on this Thanks all nbsp nbsp Annoyed and slightly desperate HP 450 15-ac151dx WIFI Issues nbsp nbsp Mark

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-450-15-ac151dx-WIFI-Issues/td-p/5814441
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there -- Not sure what s going on but connecting to Wifi is completely hit or miss My home wifi works fine I ve already reset it a few times connecting Wifi to Issues and all other computers and phones can connect fine so I think it s something with my machine FWIW I ve already run Malwarebytes but it did not detect any objects so please help out Issues connecting to Wifi Sysinfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U E Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Disabled HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS Sonic Focus SonicFocusTray exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Users Administrator Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO TmBpIeBHO - BBACBAFD-FA E- - B - EB F D AC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmBpIe dll O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Bing Bar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - HKLM Run Nuance PDF Reader-reminder quo... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey folks I have a Dell XPS laptop running Windows with all current drivers etc I recently moved into an apartment that has landlord managed internet - a wireless networked named UPPER and a wireless network named LOWER it s important to note that this means I do NOT have access to the router itself About the laptop -- my house where I lived previously had a linksys router and Comcast internet Never once over two Issues Wifi Baffling years did I ever have a single issue connecting to that network I ve taken the laptop to school and connected to University wireless with zero issues and to work where I ve connected to my workplace wifi with zero issues Again over two years Where I live now - Baffling Wifi Issues it s upstairs so I connect to the quot UPPER quot network For Baffling Wifi Issues the first two weeks my laptop connected automatically and with no problems The buffering wasn t as fast as I m used to but it was fine for most things In this same apartment all within close proximity I also have a Samsung bluray player that connects to UPPER just fine another older laptop and two smartphones all of which connect to UPPER with NO issues About a week ago all of a sudden my laptop started displaying the message quot windows cannot connect to UPPER quot and then gives me the useless links to troubleshoot that being said I DID run the windows troubleshooter which ultimately told me to call a friend for help Thanks MS Now I made no changes to the laptop s settings installed no new programs etc I ve scanned for viruses tried disabling the firewall deleting the network profile deleting the device and letting it reinstall the drivers etc etc etc For three solid days now I ve spent all my free time researching this issue and as far as I can tell no one ever has the exact same fix twice I CAN connect to the LOWER network but for whatever reason it gives me spotty or no internet at all Connects fine but it could take an entire day just to read an email Both UPPER and LOWER tell me that the signal strength is excellent There is a network password that is the same for both which gets me in just fine on my other devices so I know I have the correct one So I guess my question is what s the deal Obviously the router is working fine otherwise my other devices would have similar issues And my laptop works just fine on any other network - at work at the library -- even at Denny s And why would this issue happen seemingly at random I appreciate any and all help you can give me I ll be happy to provide whatever details I can although if you need text from the computer itself I ll have to figure something out since my other laptop is in another location temporarily Thanks nbsp

A:Baffling Wifi Issues

can we see an xirrus screen shot of the wireless environment

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/baffling-wifi-issues.1082201/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m no idiot but new in the tech world just trying to get this damn wifi thing figured out for the girlfriend Here are the stats - Windows - Having wifi connection issues browser will explain in detail - Works on other wifi my campus - All other devices work on the wifi disabled some devices in case it had too much traffic - Removed the antivirus controlling the firewall - Checked the wifi issues N00b w/ LAN settings for a proxy I hear viruses can do that - Power cycled the router - Set network IPv settings to Google s server heard that worked it didn t The connection I am supposedly connected to the wifi on her device It sometimes will look fine always reads quot excellent quot in the connection no matter how many devices are using the wifi but sometimes that yellow caution sign will be next to it N00b issues w/ wifi saying quot No internet access quot or quot limited internet access quot I believe The weirder part is that certain downloads that required internet would on occasion work but the browsers never do and then it goes right back to my yellow caution sign friend I ve made sure it s not the browser itself I have both Chrome and Explorer and neither of them want to do anything CMD Pings I ve tried ping ing Google or what not and at first it will tell me it can t find the host One time it sent the and then came back with a loss but I just did it again and it came back with a loss I didn N00b issues w/ wifi t do anything in that time frame differently just hit it again I even watched this YouTube video and did some netsh catalog thing But this is a brand new computer out of the box store bought that runs fine on my school s network and even her phone s wifi hotspot So any information will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:N00b issues w/ wifi

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify the network if not connected and also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/n00b-issues-w-wifi.1081482/
Relevancy 42.14%

Since I installed windows 10 my wifi usually doesn't work. Sometimes it does but for the last few days since I installed its been spotty. Please help!!!

A:Windows 10 wifi issues

Hi, Please try the following driver:          http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_150624_1 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-10-wifi-issues/td-p/5690783
Relevancy 42.14%

Lately, with my iPhone 3GS, in which I have only had for around a month, will not, shall not, under any circumstances connect let my use the WiFi. I can connect to it, just fine, but when it comes to getting on safari it doesn't work. You can see at the top left of the picture that it has the WiFi connected and with full bars. Why is this happening? I have already done a full reset, a settings reset, and network reset. The settings reset let it work for a few hours but it died again. What in the world?[/url] 165359_1465272402442_1552495477_31007048_6427778_n by Lastra Stuff, on Flickr[/IMG]

P.S. I have local access, when it is on. Every couple of hours I everything is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iphone-3gs-wifi-issues.970273/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been using Windows 10 from last 3 months my wifi was working fine. Last week it stopped working on my laptop but it's working fine on other devices. It first connects, work for few minutes then show limited access. I tried using ethernet cable, the Internet is working on my laptop thru it. I have updated the drivers, reinstalled them but no luck. I also tried changing the ip address, troubleshooting n using command prompt but nothing worked. Please help me resolve the issue.

A:Wifi issues on Windows 10

Does Device Manager show a yellow exclamation mark on the wireless adapter?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/30014-wifi-issues-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I have an Asus Zenbook UX Windows Issues 10 Wifi LA my mom's and my Windows 10 Wifi Issues Lenovo Windows 10 Wifi Issues Y - Since the Lenovo was on the thicker side I figured I'd take my mom's slower SSD put it into my Lenovo Y then take my faster Samsung Evo SSD and put it into the Zenbook Everything went well I cloned the drives and the swap went successfully However I'm now left with the Zenbook whose wireless drivers refuse to cooperate Seeing this I used Microsoft's installation flash drive to do a clean install of Windows onto the Zenbook However the network still aren't cooperating List of things I've tried so far - unistalling and reinstalling all Windows 10 Wifi Issues the latest drivers from Asus' website for my device - troubleshooting says that the network adapter isn't installed - installing drivers for my network adapter Intel Wireless-AC directly from Intel The quot Network Adapters quot tab in Device Manager shows a bunch of WAN Miniports but nothing else I'm seriously at wit's end here and need your help in figuring out how to resolve this issue as the Zenbook doesn't have an ethernet port either Thoughts Suggestions Solutions I'll take anything at this point Thanks guys

A:Windows 10 Wifi Issues

Boot to BIOS, check wifi adapter is enabled there, or at least a setting for adapter is not disabled.

I would remove all drivers towards the wifi adapters and the duplicate wan miniports, reboot and then re-install the drivers from asus first.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53422-windows-10-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I just moved into a new house Ranch with basement and the office is located on the South end of the house in the basement I have a desktop setup in that room with one of those wireless modem s all in one Upstairs the Issues In Having Wifi Home signal is fine on the south end of the house gets spotty towards the middle of the house and then completely disappears once you get to the North end I had assumed that you could have a wireless modem upstairs and then just a regular modem downstairs but Comcast said that Having Wifi Issues In Home is not possible They just suggested moving the wireless router to a more centralized location I d like to keep the desktop where it s at because it s the best location based on the houses layout But I d like to get a stronger signal upstairs It just so happens it s kind of the perfect storm because where I mostly use my laptop ipad is upstairs and at the complete opposite end of the house The comcast rep just suggested upgrading to the newer version of my wireless modem basically Motorala something Is there another solution that I m missing that will strengthen the signal upstairs nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I am a IT illiterate so be gentle.

Wifi is unreliable generally but hopeless since a recent Windows 10 urgent compulsory update. This prompted a bit of checking and I noticed that while I have a TP-Link WN821N V4 Wifi adapter, the device manager identifies it as a Realtek RTL8192CU adapter. Troubleshooting says there are driver issues I need to correct.

I have removed the device in Device manager and plug it in and it still picks up the Realtek RTL8192CU adapter

How can I fix this?

A:Wifi adapter issues

welcome to the forum can you down load www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe right click choose run as admin and post results

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127414-wifi-adapter-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I configured my laptop win as a wifi hotspot to get internet on my iphone and it worked too but after i upgraded it to iOS it s all messed up anyway i deleted the then-existing ad hoc wifi network and tried to create a new one again after few days but there seems to be some new problem now my iphone connection Hoc wifi issues Ad doesn t identify the network the li l wifi icon doesn t appear on the top left hand side of the phone i get internet on my laptop via MTS Mblaze usb datacard and the moment i try to share it i get the following pop-up msg- Cannot Enable Shared Access Error Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is Ad Hoc wifi connection issues required for automatic IP addressing Please Please Help it s frustrating to see that i cannot use my iphone the way i used to I know i must have done something stupid while trying to fix it by myself Any help is duly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I'm new to this forum I hope I haven't bumpped into an old topic Here's my spec Intel Core i - stock clock ASUS P P D Gb RAM GTX Windows Ultimate I used to have an Edimax EW- uan USB reciever When I try to install it with the the reciever plugged in the prograss with USB wifi recievers issues bar stuck and didn't move I plugged out the reciever and the installation was completed But after that the software that runs the reciever cannot detect the reciever when I plug it in and windows can't find a proper driver to issues with USB wifi recievers run the reciever The real headache is that when the reciever is plugged in I can't either shut down my computer or boot it up after the windows loading screen everything went black I thought it was the manufacture's problem of not making the driver work on windows So I bought a Tenda W U reciever and the same problem occured Can't install while the reciever is attached and the software can't detect that damn reciever But this time Windows says they've found a driver that can run the reciever as soon as I pulled out the new reciever But I still can't make it to work

A:issues with USB wifi recievers

You should uninstall the driver for the USB device then reinstall. However, when you do the installation, make sure the device is NOT plugged in. The installer may prompt you to plug the device in at some point but if it doesn't, just wait until the install completes before plugging in the device. Then when you plug the device in it should be detected properly. The important thing is that you don't plug in the device until AFTER the software install unless the installer prompts you to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48881-issues-usb-wifi-recievers.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Guys ,
I have Asus K550L Laptop
Working on Windows 8.1

my issue is that i installed more than wifi adapter during last few months to try which of them works better for me and stuff...

well i finally decided that ALFA AWUS036NHV is the one i want to use as my wifi adapter so i installed it and started working on it but i get many connection hiccups and issues.

and i been recommended to disable , deactivate and delete all the old wifi adapters
and also disable the wifi adapter that built in the laptop and to get my new adapter to work successfully.

the problem is i really don't know much about this stuff so i actually don't know which are the old ones that needed to be deleted and how to do so..
so can you please guide me to disable all the old stuff and reinstall my new adapter?

Regards

A:wifi Adapters issues

Go in Network and Sharing, click on Change Adapter Settings on left side, right click on an adapter not being used and select disable, it should then appear with a red X. When only the adapter you want to use is active and enabled, do you have good signal strength, does it drop connections, can you see other connections available?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68349-wifi-adapters-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having trouble with connecting to a wifi connection via my lap top. The lap top I run has windows XP. The host computer runs Xp as well. SOme days I can connect no problem with great speeds and other times it wont connect at all. It does show that I have (GOOD) signal to the wireless router, so maybe its something with the modem??? It goes day by day and I can not pinpoint exactly why this issue occurs so randomly.
Perhaps you have come across this trouble before.
Any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Ryan~

A:WIFi having connectivity issues on lap top

Please stick with one thread only: http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/682850-having-trouble-connecting-wifi.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-having-connectivity-issues-on-lap-top.682847/
Relevancy 42.14%

So out of no where a few hours ago with my laptop Issues & wifi my Issues with my laptop & wifi laptop HP Issues with my laptop & wifi Pavilion dv - dx started to act up First it would show my wifi as quot no internet secured quot In attempting to quot disconnect quot to reconnect - I accidentally hit quot disable quot - to which someone here helped me get it back off of disable I did have internet back for a few minutes - but since my battery was almost dead amp I was by my parents house I decided to wait until I got home Now that I'm home whenever I try to connect to the Internet using Chrome all webpages won't open Instead it says quot This site can't be reached quot along with quot DNS address could not be found Diagnosing the problem quot and it offers a blue quot Reload quot button But then I also noticed that upon restarting my laptop - when I tried to open Chrome - I had to click the Chrome icon like times Furthermore when I tried opening Avast Antivirus - I had to keep clicking that icon as well When Avast finally opened - I tried doing a quot Smart Scan quot to which it got to Scanning for Viruses quot and stopped at amp wouldn't move for about hours I have no idea what to do Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Issues with my laptop & wifi

Even now, when I disconnected from the wifi & tried to reconnect - it says "Checking Network Requirements" & after a minute - it says "No Internet, Secured"...

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129252-issues-my-laptop-wifi.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, new user with yoga11e. Thinkpad cannot connect to Internet. When I reboot router and modem my iPhone connects to Internet fine. When I start up thinkpad it knocks my phone off network. And the wifi won't work on thinkpad. If I robot router/modem and leave thinkpad off, my iPhone works fine. If I turn thinkpad on it immediately knocks my iPhone off Internet connection. You can see wifi connection strength of signal indicator on thinkpad but browser won't connect. Obviously some type of conflict but I have no idea how to resolve.

Moderator comment: Details added to subject for clarity. Thank you for confirming.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/11e-Chromebook-WiFi-issues/td-p/2266433
Relevancy 42.14%

Something is wrong with my laptop. I have HP Probook 4530s. I cant connect to any wifi, nothing happens when i click on a wifi. And i cant uninstall programs since program and features tab in control panel and uninstall or change program do not work when click upon.

Also before this even when i was connected to the internet through Wifi it was showing wired connection icon with a red cross. So i had to uninstall all drivers and reinstall to fix the issue. Now i cant connect to a new wifi or remove programs.

A:Issues connecting to WIfi

Given the problems with control panel and what not, you may want to try a system restore point prior to the problems. To do so, press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: rstrui.exe (press enter). Follow the prompts on screen. Restore point only affects key components of Windows OS and should not affect personal data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-connecting-to-wifi.1142142/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey nbsp So I bought the new yoga with the core i this past week I had some issues with the 700 wifi yoga issues wifi and have been scouring the internet and can not find a fix for the incredibly slow wifi My internet is nbsp fios with up and down and can get that speed on my lenovo thinkpad y series laptop and cell phone But this the only laptop that has windows installed and when i run either speedtest net yoga 700 wifi issues or the internet health test this laptop will not get anything close to that I have installed all the windows update and disabled the peer to peer update and every information sharing option in the settings nbsp The speeds i can get in the yoga 700 wifi issues first minute of turning on the laptop is down and ish up After one or two minutes the down and upload speeds drop to mbps down and up and it will time out the internet constantly yoga 700 wifi issues Anyone else having issues like this I called the tech support line and since I am getting some wifi connection the support service said it is not a hardware issue and is a software issue but for the support i would have to pay to on a laptop i had less than a week Any help would be great

A:yoga 700 wifi issues

Yep I also have these issues...My disconnects happen with larger but more random intervalsLenovo please some attention :/

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga-700-wifi-issues/td-p/2203473
Relevancy 42.14%

i had a hp pavilion probook 4530 and i would be in my room and i never had an issue with my wifi connection, but now  i got a new hp and when i am in my room i have between little o no signal and i have to sit in the front house to use my laptop. i need some help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-signal-issues/td-p/5605452
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
I have a new XPS 15 -(9550) - Windows 10 Pro
I am getting issues with the wifi connection dropping intermittently.
I have another two other dell laptops and the wifi connection is rock steady.
I've updated the wifi drivers to the latest on the dell site  Communications_Driver_NYN84_WN32_1.519.0.0_A01.EXE

I have also flashed the bios as per the dell site:
XPS_9550_1.0.7.exe
Finally I have removed the wifi device drivers completely and reinstalled
However my wifi connection still drops. The only way to re-instate is to switch the wifi off on the laptop then back on again.

Please can you help?

A:New XPS 15 (9550) - WIFI issues

Looks like I found the solution.
Disable all the power saving for the wifi card.
Specifically,
1. go into control panel/hardware and sound/power options/edit setting.
2. click on advanced power settings.
3. Scroll down to Wireless Adapter settings
4. on power saving mode, set On battery to Maximum Performance.  Set Plugged in to Maximum Performance
Since I've set these options 3 days ago, my wifi has been completely stable. Hope it helps you guys too.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19661197
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A running on Windows Home Premium Over the last months I ve been having serious issues with my laptops wireless connection The connection itself just suddenly drops before reconnecting at bad Really connection wifi issues random times later Sometimes its immediate sometimes it takes minutes sometimes longer The times it does this is random however I have noticed that it also tends to do this more often when strangely enough people are around or enter my home I don t know if that happens because of their cell phones or what but almost every time a guest or two come over my internet connection flat out drops repeatedly I ve tried numerous fixes Downloaded drivers acanned for malware moved by router and changed Really bad wifi connection issues its channel Also these connection drops seem to only occur with my laptop When my laptops connection drops I m able to browse at that exact moment on my cell phone just fine which I connect to use my wi-fi at home My cell phone almost never has these issues Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation It s very annoying and even more troublesome getting anything done nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I just recived my new HP Stream 11 (r010nr) Notebook yesterday. While everything seems to be working great so far, I am having issues with the WIFI staying connected.  While the WIFI icon states I have a connection, I continue to lose actual connection to the internet and it keeps giving me 'DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet' error, or states I have a Network connection error. I have been looking up and trying various things all day and still nothing seems to have fixed the issue. I really don't know what to do. This sucks because even trying to download the drivers takes longer than it should with my wifi dropping constantly. Various other devices use the same WIFI connection with absoutely no issue. It is soely the laptop and something going on with it. HELP.

A:HP Stream 11 - Wifi Issues

Hey @Ashalyn, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.  I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream 11-r010nr Notebook and issues with power settings of the Wireless Adapter. Here is a link that shows you how to enable away mode for the Wireless Adapter. It enables your computer to continue performing tasks, such as recording television programs or sharing video and music, even if you walk away from the computer. Specifically, when the computer is in Away mode. Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Stream-11-Wifi-Issues/td-p/5617586
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I just have an Acer laptop that I installed Windows on My wifi connection Wifi Connection Issues keeps dropping around every - minutes and goes to quot Limited Connectivity quot I can keep a stable internet connection through a ethernet cable I first thought that the reason for my connection issues Wifi Connection Issues was other wifi sources causing interference but I ve tried using my laptop in various different locations where my friends laptops work Also my friend s laptop Wifi Connection Issues works fine in my home I ll paste an ipconfig all because from others posts people are asking for it I ve also downloaded the latest driver from the Acer support page Thank you Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mr Phony gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ace Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - B-F - D-DD- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Netwo rk Adapter Physical Address - B-F - D-DD- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e c db Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December AM Lease Expires Tuesday December AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F-B - -E - -FF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -E - -FF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e b a Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe e b a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F-B - -E - -FF- NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E EFDE- D - E - D F-D F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mr Phony gt nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

This is my daughters computer in college and she is having issues with the wireless connection dropping nbsp She will run the assitant to fix the problem and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not nbsp Other people in her dorm or libray do not have any issues wth PC's or Mac's nbsp I've used the HP Assitant which loaded the latest Realtek RTL EE b g n Driver Date Version nbsp The HP driver website does not have this particular version and appears to be older nbsp I had 15t-r000 WiFi HP CTO issues her load the older version from the HP support site and it has the same issues nbsp I've read on the forum where people used the Intel driver vs the Realtek driver and it worked but I'm reluctant to try this since she has HP 15t-r000 CTO WiFi issues the Realtek adapter nbsp I had HP 15t-r000 CTO WiFi issues her run the diagnostic tool but if there is no internet connection it does not work nbsp When there is an internet connection the test completes without any issues nbsp Here are my questions I would appreciate someone from HP support answering nbsp nbsp What is the proper driver and verion I should use nbsp Please send a link nbsp nbsp How can I run a test on the wireless adapter whether it is connected to the internet or not to determine if the wifi adapter is bad nbsp nbsp Please send me the link on the replacement procedure for the wireless adapter for this particular model laptop nbsp The model number is J G AV and the serial number is removed content nbsp

A:HP 15t-r000 CTO WiFi issues

Hi: This is a peer to peer forum, not HP technical support.  You can only get suggestions from volunteers here. 1. There is a much newer version of the driver for that model card...2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A  Sep 9, 2016 This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe 2. I can't answer that question. 3. Wireless card R&R procedures can be found in the service manual, chapter 6, pp 61-62. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502 Extensive disassembly of the notebook is required to replace the wlan card.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-15t-r000-CTO-WiFi-issues/td-p/5832828
Relevancy 42.14%

At first right. and left issues Wifi I thought maybe my PCI card had been damaged now I m at the point where I Wifi issues left and right. believe my PC is just screwing with me The simple fix drill holes in the wall and send an ethernet directly to the PC I Wifi issues left and right. am trying very hard to refrain from using any cussing here Now my issue I had a WiFi card with my PC stock that had a coaxial antena coming from the card out of the PC used to connect to my wireless network Suddenly one day Windows decided to create quot Wireless Connection quot and make that device no longer available The PCI card is plugged in it shows up in the Device Manager which tells me its working properly Big double you tee eff right So after a raging war I give up Eventually I figure what the heck I ll try out my other blutooth wifi So I install the software for it blahblahblah Network Connection works has software everything is working awesome Yay Now just recently after less than a week of easy browsing I m browsing the internet and I suddenly out of no where get all these errors I look at my status and its green bars After much confusion I figure maybe I m offline and it didn t update Restart Windows boots up and sure enough empty red bars So I check ipconfig device is not connected and IP address Which was the same thing I got when the last wifi unit failed Go to my Network Connections out of curiousity check things out there You ll never guess what Wireless Connection is gone and there s now a Wireless Connection I run through the Windows quot Create a Connection quot bs and sure enough the device is disconnected except I can clearly see the USB Wifi infront of me with a glowing orange light displaying the fact it is infact plugged in I check Device Manager and as expected everything is working properly So why is my hardware suddenly disconnected After so much frustration and anger I am here because I just can Wifi issues left and right. t figure it out nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My wifi catcher is not working properly. It will work for a few minutes after I start my computer, but then will turn off. It will then not enable either manually on the side or in network connections. I have tried upgrading the driver, doing a system restore, and uninstalling both software and hardware and reinstalling it. It still does the same exact thing.

A:Wifi Catcher Issues

sounds like a hardware issue - lets see a xirrus screen shot and a device manager screen shot
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-catcher-issues.1031564/
Relevancy 42.14%

Router Telus VSG Firmware VFA b Channel Bandwidth MHz Connectivity WiFi Issues x b g n mixed Network Mixed WPA WPA PSK Network WPA PSK Network WEP My first issue is that WiFi Connectivity Issues of my devices laptops PC android phone can only connect to the WEP network When attempting to connect to the other two it takes longer than usual then says quot Can t connect to this network quot and the troubleshooter isn t helpful My second issue is that my th device a Microsoft Surface RT only connects to the WEP network but only in limited connection mode My mobile devices connect and work fine with other networks so I m assuming it s something wrong with my router but the firmware is up to date automatically check and I didn t find WiFi Connectivity Issues any other posts with issues from this router I apologize that information about my situation is sorely lacking and if someone could tell me what other information I need to offer to work towards a possible solution that would be swell nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests http://prntscr.com/b40vtx but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac .I also formatted windows 10 with UEFI. I don't know what other info do i have to provide you so as to help you help me but here are some photos that might help you.
http://prntscr.com/b411c6
http://prntscr.com/b411zq
http://prntscr.com/b412by

A:Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues

when you try to ping do you get a high ping response

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50314-lenovo-y50-70-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I have a issue with my Hp elitebook 8470E. Suddenly it's wifi stopped working and it's not getting turn on whether how much I may try..I have tried all the possible ways to turn it on but issue remains the same 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connectivity-issues/td-p/5672660
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been battling slow wireless issues for a while now, this seems to be an issue with my wifi/modem, not actually my PC, but since I have Comcast, maybe someone can help. I live in a townhouse, and so that means a lot of wireless interference, I've tried to auto-channel selection, and manual selection to a channel that is used less often. Nothing seems to work. Here are my US/DS results for wired and wireless

Wired: US: 12.10Mbps DS: 87.97Mbps Ping: 28ms Server Location: Delton, MI (107.5.198.189)
Wireless: US: 12.35Mbps DS: 3.48Mbps Ping: 32ms Server Location: Delton, MI (107.5.198.189)

I'm using internet at low use hours, so there really should not be MUCH interference. Any ideas would be helpful

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390718-slow-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

nbsp Hi nbsp First of all I would like to say thanks to anyone who helps me with this problem I am new Wifi connectivity issues to this forum and am not great at working computers so I stuggle to find Wifi connectivity issues a solution to this problem nbsp I bought a HP Envy -ah sa '' less than weeks ago and from day of owning it I experienced connectivity issues My wifi disconnects very frequently whether there is strong or weak wifi This involves the little yellow Wifi connectivity issues exclamation mark on the bottom right hand corner Attached is a photo of what often comes up when I click 'troubleshot' Sometimes it does connect but it often disconnects after minutes so it can connect after going on troubleshoot constantly but it drops fairly quickly nbsp I also rebooted the computer and re-installed windows but the problem persists nbsp I have tried to show PC world the problem but it does not seem to happen when I am in front of the technician nbsp Thank you nbsp Louis nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Wifi connectivity issues

Hello @Louis9595, Welcome and thank you for posting on the HP Forums! I understand that you are experiencing WiFi issues with your HP Envy 15-ah150sa. I am happy to help you resolve this issue.  The best way to resolve this issue is to start with a hard reset, after that is complete; follow the steps in this document: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) I hope this information helps resolve the WiFi issue! If this post has helped you, show your appreciation by selecting the thumbs up!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connectivity-issues/td-p/5523296
Relevancy 42.14%

In my laptop wifi driver is installed rather than wifi is not connecting to network. It is not also showing the list of network with in the range, so please help me out to these problem...........Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Related-to-wifi-issues/td-p/5661094
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought a Lenovo Ideapad Y480 pre loaded with Windows 8 last month and I've been facing issues with the Wifi connectivity. My home Wifi gets connected directly when I turn my laptop on. But it gets disconnected in not more than about 20 minutes. The Wifi network is still available in the Networks bar, but if I click connect it says there are problems in connecting to the network. Troubleshooting didn't help. I turn Airplane mode on and again turn it off, Wifi works again. Now this is annoying to do everytime and my computer is supposed to work properly! Anyone with a solution?

A:Windows 8 wifi issues

Welcome to Tech support guy

What other setting please do you have as per my screenshot

you will probably have mobile broadband - turn off
Bluetooth - try turning that off as well
airplane mode - turn off
when you turn airplane mode on it disables the others automatically so I suspect one of those is interrupting the wireless signal
LEAVE wireless turned on

REBBOT after making selection on shutdown not on sleep/hibernate

THIS
But it gets disconnected in not more than about 20 minutesClick to expand...

tends to suggest - more of a problem with interference, but we wait and see what happens after my first suggestion

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wifi-issues.1087245/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have upgraded my T450 to windows 10 clean install (64 bit) and I'm not having any issues connecting to wifi but sometimes my connection will stall and have limited connectivity for about 2 minutes then come back.  I have several other laptops and phones connected with no issues. My wifi card is the Intel AC 7265.  All drivers are current and windows 10 has all updates.    Any ideas on why it would continue to give random limited connectivity?  My router is the Asus AC87.  Firmware has been updated. 

A:T450 WIFI issues

Latest updates from Windows, or Lenovo? I would go with updating with Lenovo drivers from support, and update to the current BIOS.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-WIFI-issues/td-p/3393424
Relevancy 42.14%

We have an SSID published through group policy for our wi-fi network. I downloaded a group of updates and afterwards wasn't able to connect.
I removed KB3185278 and was able to connect. I then added it back, wasn't able to connect. Removed it, was able to connect.
So, there is something about this update which isn't allowing me to connect.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something in this update which can be blocking me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/789f5266-fb6a-4878-bafc-23d1ab9d8ec8/kb3185278-wifi-issues?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys Trying to help my Mother in law and I'm at my wits end I WiFi connection issues don't pretend to have even a th of the know-how of some people here but I typically can trouble shoot minor issues That being said I'm stumped My MIL's computer is a yoga quot running Windows All of a sudden after owning it for months it will only connect to certain wifi's From what I can gather it will connect to any wifi network except the one at her primary home and the vacation WiFi connection issues house they're renting for the next week Any others including my house Dunkin donuts Starbucks free WiFi connection issues time warner locations etc all work without issue Her husband tried trouble shooting with negative results I then gave it my best shot and came up empty as well He then took it to Best Buy where it was purchased and of course the computer connected instantly to BB's network and the geek squad member said there was no issue I then spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft trying to have them help me They were successful in resetting all network settings and got the computer to browse the Internet for WiFi connection issues about minutes Then all of a sudden pages would not load Cliffs - Resetting all network settings results in the Internet being reached for about refreshes of any particular website - then pages stop loading -repeating the reset repeats the cycle of working and then not working -it's almost like all of a sudden something in the computer says quot oh wait I'm not supposed to let you do that quot -computer works everywhere else except at home and vacation rental -wifi originally said quot no internet secured quot Was able to reach a status of quot connected secured quot but still will not load webpages Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60101-wifi-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi we nbsp are having a serious issue with wifi on our network basically we have router with DHCP and servers one of which is the Active Directory and DNS server When our windows laptops connect to wifi occasionally it comes up with quot limited access quot and Issues Wifi Domain will not resolve any dns names or login to the domain we have tried many things including resetting winsock Wifi Domain Issues and TCP IP settings removing wifi connections and network locations but to no avail wifi network is WPA and has Wifi Domain Issues Access points usually the only way to resolve is reinstalling the computer we have found that if we point the computers dns to the ISP provided router we regain internet access but still cannot ping internal IP addresses Doesn't affect any connected tablets or iPhones which use the routers DNS and our computers that are connected via Ethernet are unaffected by this Any ideas anyone please Attached is normal ip config when we run ipconfig all on laptops that have the issue all data is correct

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18929838-1ad5-42b0-86f6-5cf4bc418c47/wifi-domain-issues?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.71%

We ve got a couple of Toshiba laptops were purchased with the intent of eventually upgrading my router and issues - Not N Toshiba N getting speeds WiFi both have Wireless N b g n adapters I upgraded my wireless router at home and these two laptops only connect at Mbps and Mbps I have two work-issued laptops that connect Toshiba WiFi N issues - Not getting N speeds at just below Mbps IBM ThinkPad and - Mbps Dell without fail which eliminates the router as the issue I contacted Toshiba and they can t help over the phone without an advanced tech Please pay You may need to ship it in where they may hold it for days If they can t fix it they ll refund the - What a crock In my opinion if they are sold as Wireless N capable then they should connect at N-speeds right out of the box without having to involve tech support Any suggestions Is there a software fix Do I need to open it and pull the card to do anything I updated the WiFi drivers from Toshiba s site but they made no difference nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello My PC running Windows XP has a wifi connection Wireless Network Connection in Control Panel to my wireless router and an ethernet connection Local Area Connection in Control Panel to an access point I am trying to use the access point and ethernet issues wifi Simultaneous to extend the range of my home wifi signal If I disable the ethernet connection then my PC can connect to the internet fine via the wifi signal Also if Simultaneous wifi and ethernet issues I then enable the ethernet connection and give my PC an automatically-allocated dynamic IP address on this connection Simultaneous wifi and ethernet issues the internet is again fine via the wifi signal However my access point manual requires me to assign a static IP address to my PC on the ethernet connection If I do this I now cannot connect to the internet via the wifi signal This suggests perhaps that my PC is now trying to use the ethernet connection to access the internet So my first question is how does my PC know whether to use the wifi connection or the ethernet connection to connect to the internet Furthermore both my wireless router and my access point have the same static IP address assigned to them by the manufacturers If both my wifi and ethernet connections are enabled and I try to connect to this IP address it always connects to the wireless router wifi - and never the access point ethernet So my second question is how can I connect to my access point if it has the same IP address as the wireless router Thanks Ed nbsp

A:Simultaneous wifi and ethernet issues

You will need to change either the access point or router.
I would suggest changing the access point if possible.
Having the same IP will cause conflicts.
Change the IP and make sure that DHCP is disabled.
You only want one of them assigning IP's to the network.
You may need to disconnect the router temporarily and connect
the access point directly to the computer until it is configured.
Then move everything back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simultaneous-wifi-and-ethernet-issues.1033213/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm at my mom's house for the holidays and I can't seem to browse the Internet properly. I can access google and complete searches, but I can't follow any of the links or any urls. The router page doesnt time out, but only shows that it's trying to load pictures and I can't get to any of the configs. Also, I can successfully ping every site I can think of. Hamachi is also working and I can browse remote files.

Is this issue somehow DNS related?

A:Solved: Laptop wifi issues

unlikely DNS as you can get to google
and you can ping every site

maybe a firewall blocking
how are you connected by wireless - try connecting with a cable to the router

what security suite do you have or every had on the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wifi-issues.1032561/
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay I'm using a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 and I can connect to my neighbors wifi just fine, but when I go to connect to our home, I enter the correct password and it connects...but the internet doesn't work! I know nothing is wrong with out wifi, my iPhone can connect just fine! I tried searching google and couldn't find much that actually helped, so I decided to make an account and come here. Anyone have ideas?

A:Having issues connecting to home wifi...help!

Quote: Originally Posted by blackcatss

Okay I'm using a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 and I can connect to my neighbors wifi just fine, but when I go to connect to our home, I enter the correct password and it connects...but the internet doesn't work! I know nothing is wrong with out wifi, my iPhone can connect just fine! I tried searching google and couldn't find much that actually helped, so I decided to make an account and come here. Anyone have ideas?

Are you using homegroup for networking? what encryption are you using?
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119285-having-issues-connecting-home-wifi-help.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Few months back i have upgraded my laptop to windows 10 (64 bit Home Edition) from windows 8.1.Now my WIFI is not getting connected (Error : Can't connect to the network). Tried all google options like upgrading the network adaptor, running commands to reset tcp/ip socket, still no go. Just I remembered, i got some anniversary update pushed to my system as well. Can you please help me to get my WIFI backup and running? Wifi Network Adaptor Model : Ralink RT3290  

A:WIFI Issues - Can't Connect to Network

Hi. Please try:          http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_150624_1 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Issues-Can-t-Connect-to-Network/td-p/5849356
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

If anyone can help me that would be amazing..... here is my problem:

Problem description: Well I live in an apartment complex we have free wifi.... anyways today my wifi connection just stopped working.... I can still find the wifi hotspot and even connect to it.... but it says identifying..... and just stalls there.... I cannot browse the web.... so I tried to make sure it was not the router so I used my fiancees netbook on the same wifi and it worked..... I tried everything on my system including reinstalling driver and finally doing a fresh install of windows vista.....

Anyways any info you need to diagnose let me know and Ill try to provide it....

A:Windows Vista Wifi issues

a few things to try and post back here , you will need to copy information between you machine and the working netbook
make and exact model of the faulty PC
what windows version are you using , XP, vista, 7
IS this a secure wireless network and needs a wireless key to access

First try removing the wireless profiles on the PC and reentering the password - see below
next check if a firewall is blocking at all - disable any firewalls - did you have a time limited security suite suvh as norton, mcafee at all

quite a few things now to try

post back an ipconfig /all and also xirrus - see below
do a tcp/ip stack reset - see below
if still no connection
post back the status of all the services - see below

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-wifi-issues.962538/
Relevancy 41.71%

Since my update to Windows 10, my Lenovo Twist has been having a lot of issues with the WIFI connection. I lose connectivity maybe 6 times a day, when before the update was maybe 1 every 2 weeks. I have tried reconfiguring the power management and that improved a little bit but it keeps disconnecting a lot. Any ideas or suggestions?

A:Wifi issues after upgrading to Windows 10

I have been having the same problem with my Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Almost unusable now. It stays connected to the Internet only a few minutes, then loses its connection.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Wifi-issues-after-upgrading-to-Windows-10/td-p/3374350
Relevancy 41.71%

In appears since upgrading my home network to windows 10 (2 laptops) that the wifi comes and goes.  I have an ipod as well which seems to not be operating as efficiently as it once did.  I am still checking on that.  Not sure if the laptops are a driver issue or other?  

A:wifi issues after installing win 10 it appears

Hi chucksno Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597142/wifi-issues-after-installing-win-10-it-appears/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a G780 laptop - ever since upgrade windows 10 wifi keeps dropping. Use troubleshooter - says no default gateway - fixed.... Or something about missing protocols - I see no updates to my driver Broadcom - anything I can do? To late to go back to Windows 7  Dave

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/WIFI-Issues-G780-Since-Windows-10/td-p/3348373
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time I am using my microPC as Long Term Issues WiFi a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods However I have noticed an odd issue that I have not been able to find an acceptable solution for After the PC has been on and connected to the network for upwards of a day it is a little hard to track down the exact time of disconnect the network connection will be lost and unable to be restored Using the correct PW will attempt to connect for a period before returning quot Something has changed since you last connected quot I have not been able to find any reference to this response anywhere although maybe my google-fu is just weak So any ideas on how to resolve the problem or possible reasons for this issue I am certain that it is the PC rather then the router as I am still able to connect to the router with other devices and they operate as expected The problem can be solved by restarting the computer which I have been doing on a hr schedule to try and Long Term WiFi Issues avoid this issue But if there was another solution then I would be quite interested to find it TLDR After connected to WiFi network for long period disconnects and presents with quot changed since last connected message Can be fixed by restart is there another solution

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/52804-long-term-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everybody,

I just bought myself a shiny new Toshiba NB520 running Windows 7 starter 32 bit, and am having trouble getting my wireless internet up and running. I can access the wifi from my phone no problem but my laptop seems to think it doesn't exist. When I want to "Set up a new connection or network/connect to the internet" it asks me "How do you want to connect. Now my only option is to "connect using a cable" which is not what I want to do. As far as I know my wifi is turned on. I have set WLAN settings to automatic and started. Is there something I have missed? Also the laptop will not pick up my phones bluetooth. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

James

A:Toshiba NB520 wifi issues

It would be a good idea to make sure you have the wifi switch on the laptop turned on if there is one. If not it might make use of the "Fn" function keys. FN+F8, and hopefully that is responsive.

Are you able to see any networks looking at the available wireless networks in the task bar?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149708-toshiba-nb520-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok, hoping you guys can get me out of a hole.
The wireless card on my Acer 5920 stopped working to the point it wouldnt let my system boot even to POST. I took the card out and the laptop booted fine.
I installed a new Realtek 8187b card, installed all the drivers and according to windows (vista 32bit) its installed and working fine.
However when I try to scan for wireless networks and finds nothing. Problem solver thing tells me wireless isnt activated. So I press the wireless button on the laptop and it says No device in green letters on the bottom of the screen. Go into mobility centre and it is greyed out on the wireless section.
Anyone had this problem before? Any help is appreciated.

A:wifi issues after new card install

Where'd you get the card and driver from?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298828-wifi-issues-after-new-card-install.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I am trying to diagnose a problem with my friends laptop It is a Toshiba Satellite P with Win Home Premium It will not connect or detect any wifi connections with its own wifi devices I have looked in and WiFi laptop possible hijacked issues device manager and everything appears normal and the wifi wireless switch on the front is switched on It has a Realtek wireless NIC in it and I also downloaded and updated the driver Then I used my own Wireless USB stick at home and as soon WiFi issues and possible hijacked laptop as it plugged it in it picked up about wifi connections including mine and it is what I am using right now to type this message Also I think the computer might be hijacked because when trying to use Firefox all I keep getting for the Google home page is quot about home quot and WiFi issues and possible hijacked laptop whenever trying to search for something using FF I keep getting a quot not found quot I have used Malwarebytes and it has detected and fixed some stuff but the problem still persists Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Andy nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I bought a new HP notebook 15-ac158nr today from Office Depot and got home, set it up, and my wifi is HORRIBLE. I am not getting anything over 800 Kbps. I had a 7 yr. old HP that was getting great wifi access (before it finally went died).  Nothing is wrong with my router or access. It has been working great for over a year with my old HP. Even when I get right next to my router i'm gettin around max 3Mbps. I can't run anything (youtube, pandora, ect.). I downloaded and installed the latest driver for the wifi from the HP website, but it did not help. Do I have a bad machine? I was very excited about this purchase, and am now VERY dissapointed. My old HP was a beast, and I can't even watch a video on this. Please advise. Thank you,Chad

A:New HP Notebook 15-ac158nr wifi issues

Hi, Kindly try the steps right here before jumping to a conclusion that you just bought a "laptop gone bad"http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175 or Try updating the Bios version of your computer.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/New-HP-Notebook-15-ac158nr-wifi-issues/td-p/5721245
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a toshiba satellite pro 6100 which works fine on my LAN if I have the network unsecured. But as soon as I switch on the WEP on the router to secure the network it will no longer connect no matter what I do.

I have downloaded a driver update but this does not make any difference at all.
I prompts me for the password but then does nothing. I dont get the message to say "Acquiring Network Address"

Can anyone help with this problem.

regards,
Jonathan.