Windows Support Forum

DCHP for wireless network with WRT54GL and DD-WRT

Q: DCHP for wireless network with WRT54GL and DD-WRT

Hi there!

I would like to have a network organized as following:

The aim of this is to best control traffic of the smartphones. I would like to analyse the outgoing traffic...

Would this be possible? If not, any solution that could do it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DCHP for wireless network with WRT54GL and DD-WRT

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DCHP for wireless network with WRT54GL and DD-WRT

I understand what you are attempting (mostly).

I don't understand the TOWER between the second firewall and the cellphone.

When the cell makes a call, it is to a cellphone service provider and thence outward to websites et al
(not inward). If your Deban at192.168.0.15 has a server, your drawing is NOT how it would occur.

So how would the cellphone make a connection to your WiFi router as apposed to connecting to any other website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dchp-for-wireless-network-with-wrt54gl-and-dd-wrt.188879/
Relevancy 63.64%

Title says it all
I quite want the belkin one because it's cheaper but apparently the linksys one is more reliable
The belkin: http://*******/vkw0F4
The Linksys: http://*******/ughnQE

A:BELKIN Wireless G Router Vs Linksys WRT54GL

Linksys I would choose...

{Currently have both Belkin & Linksys routers here.

Have found both reliable & offering great support.}

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200665-belkin-wireless-g-router-vs-linksys-wrt54gl.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve been asked to install for childrens charity wireless networks They currently have a very old - years circa wired network installed by BT The plan was to have separate wireless connections to cover key rooms in the building It s an old hospital and is a large site There are network cabinets in various areas and everything was clearly labelled up Sadly the original IT guy recently died and I ve offered my services for free I ve setup the wireless networks Tenda wireless routers and I ve had no problems initially However one of the computers needs to access a data base held on the server and because it connects via the wireless network the WAN port in effect links directly to the BT business adsl modem So it can t see computers on the wired network Also in some places Wireless issues? routers 4 Help! DCHP I ve experienced real slow down of the wireless network when browsing Could this be due to DCHP issues I m new to networking 4 Wireless routers DCHP issues? Help! and want to ensure I m truly helping and not adding problems Matt nbsp

A:4 Wireless routers DCHP issues? Help!

Can you please give more details on the make and model numbers of the routers you have used and also what are the settings of your current configuration i.e.
what type of encruption you have used, or have you setup the connection so the main router acts as a wireless repeater.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-wireless-routers-dchp-issues-help.974036/
Relevancy 62.78%

Current My Firmware Is DD-WRT v24 std

But.. Now I Need Restore to Original Router Firmware

Where I Can Download Original Firmware ? ..

A:How-to Restore Original Firmware WRT54GL Wireless-G Router

Here you go:

Linksys by Cisco - WRT54GL Support

I've got one of those. Something wrong with the latest firmware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182201-how-restore-original-firmware-wrt54gl-wireless-g-router.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Guys

Simple question but need someone to confirm

If i have a wireless access point connected to my LAN with an IP of lets say 192.168.1.100 and a router behind it serving out DHCP. If i turn DHCP server off on the WAP, will the wireless clients pick up addresses dynamically from the router? or do i need to configure the DCHP scope on the WAP to issue addresses to the wireless clients?

Thanks

A:Solved: DCHP & Wireless Access Points

Yes, you don't really want multiple DHCP servers in the mix. You should have one DHCP server in your network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dchp-wireless-access-points.765496/
Relevancy 62.35%

i have a comcast cable modem the Motorola surfboardsb5120 if i use the nic to connect i get the dhcp error and the network address not given error's but if i connect to it with my usb it works fine, i bought a new nic card same thing i need to use the nic because i need to run a router that i will need to plug right into i have tried the winsock fix the sp2 fix and disabling tcp/ip and enabling it the ipconfig /release and the ipconfig /renew when i renew i get the dhcp error

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

An electricity outage somehow messed up my linksys router.

Basically, I can only connect to it with a wireless device if I do a static assign for the primary gateway as 192.168.1.1, the usual subnet of 255.255.... and a static IP like 192.168.1.110 which is within the range of the linksys router.

Like this I can connect fine.

Yet, setting the IP to automatic in Windows XP, it does not recognize the router, and the autodiscovery does not work. I could live with this if I only had a laptop, but I also have an SPH101 Netgear Skype phone, whcih recognizes the network but cannot connect. I suspect because of this IP issue.

Could you help me resolve this issue so that my wireless devices can connect with autodiscovery and DHCP again?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have WRT GL v routers I wish to have router using the same internet connection as Router I also wish Router s LAN and wireless segregated from Router s LAN and wireless i e Router to share Router 's internet access only I have one cable business account static IP if it matters with one modem plugged into Router 's WAN port Router main router running DD-WRT v -sp mini - build M NEWD Eko WAN port connected to cable modem Accommodates existing wired NW and an existing wireless NW Working configuration as expected LAN Port is configured as a VLAN with an IP of unbridged to LAN Router running Linksys stock Build Goal Provide internet access from Router 's port vlan to segregated guest NW for wireless and wired using vlan port mentioned in point above I know I will need to set Router 's local IP address to I will provide any additional info required internet ac Using 2nd to segregated router network with WRT54GL create Thanks for any help Salt

A:Using 2nd WRT54GL router to create segregated network with internet ac

Followup:

I was making this a bit too complicated.

The solution:

1. Set router #2's local IP to an out of range IP (i.e., Router #1 LAN port 4 vlan set to 192.168.2.1, set Router #2 local IP to 192.168.3.1)

2. Connect the cable from Router #2 WAN port to Router #1 LAN port 4.

Now works like a champ, and includes a 2nd wireless network.

It also provides a 2nd firewall, creating a greater degree of protection for this 2nd network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324721-using-2nd-wrt54gl-router-create-segregated-network-internet-ac.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I was able to successfully get a Linksys Router with Wireless and Hard Solved: a Router LAN Problem DCHP Wire/Wireless on Ports to add to a already existing DHCP LAN It took a little while but it finally got working The computer that was previously connected to the LAN drop now has the Router in Solved: Wire/Wireless Router on a DCHP LAN Problem line between the drop and the PC I Solved: Wire/Wireless Router on a DCHP LAN Problem tested a wireless laptop with it and it had a great wireless connection to the net Here is the problem The wired desktop used to have a shared folder regular office shared folder that another computer on the LAN could see and drop files into this is how the two seperate PCs pass special reports that they enter into a dB during the day Now with the router attached the wired PC no longer can see any of the quot Microsoft Windows Network quot workgroups that it previously could Before router or when router is removed from in line there are about workgroups visible one of which has the other PC in which the quot shared folder quot is shared with WITH router connected there is only MSHOME visible and it only contains the wired computer by itself I attempted to change MSHOME to the other workgroup name but that didnt work The IP for the wired PC when not connected through the router is This is the IP that the router assumes when connected and the router then serves out XXX- XXX depending on the range I set Is there a serries of router or XP settings that I need to tweak to allow the router and wire PC to see the original workgroups Or is there a shared folder work-a-round or app that anyone knows about that will allow me to do this I know I could set up two gmail accounts or something like that to complete this task but the people doing the shared folder thing are not the sharpest computer users and this was a very simple solution for them to pass the reports along I and they would much prefer to keep that system in tact I would like to keep the router and wireless access virtually invisible and unnoticable to the methods they were previously using Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated as I have tapped out my knowledge on networking with this issue Thanks Murph nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I m seriously computer stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff Im an admin of a forum so I need this fixed asap I cannot connect to the awareness, network location Dchp client, tcp/ip Internet on my laptop but can on my iPod I can t touch the router so if that s the problem I don t think it is it s out of my hands I ve checked everything to see whats running and Dchp client, network location awareness, tcp/ip what s not The only Dchp client, network location awareness, tcp/ip things that aren t starting are DHCP Client Network Location Awarness and TCP IP My ip is s quot invalid quot I ve tried renewing it but cant Network Dianogstics says there s Winsock errors tried fixing that through cmd and it didn t work it says quot a connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP quot and the errors are Also says http https FTP errors are all Thanks for anyone who can help me If more info is needed that s fine It s all very confusing for me so I m hoping it makes sense to someone nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Virgin ar upgrading out internet to mb yay for free yay However at the moment we are using the virgin router to get the internet into the house and then using a Belkin play for the wireless netwrok to get internet the reason for this is that the Belkin router has a USB socket wireless play network simultaneously? network belkin and virgin wireless on it that we have a hard drive plugged into it with all our music on it so that we cna access our music from all the computers around the house This has worked fine fo rus for a while now However with Virgin upgrading the internet they are provinding some new superhub theri words wireless router for free and it makes sense to use it as I suspect it will be faster and able to cope with the mb internet speed We would however like to still access out hard drive from all around the house So is it possible to get out internet from the virgin wireless router and access the hard drive through our Belkin router So we need to access two wireless routers at the same time Is this easy or horrible complicated i will need to set up virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? computers to do this - is running windows basic windows home premium windows virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? professional running vista Sandy nbsp

A:virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously?

should be easy , I had to do the same with talktalk supplied router and my linksys router which had the harddrive via usb for music

what you do is here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-wireless-network-and-belkin-play-wireless-network-simultaneously.1048065/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've gotten my VPN server up and running on my Windows XP Pro machine. Within my network I'm able to connect to my VPN server with a VPN connection, however, once I am outside my home network, I cannot connect and seem to be getting error 721 while trying. I've forwarded necessary ports on the router's firewall and enabled PPTP passthrough. I'm running a WRT54GL Linksys router, and I keep on coming up with error 721. Where am I going wrong? I feel like it is something with the router not allowing a VPN server to be hosted behind it. Clients can connect out to an offsite VPN server, which is what the passthrough is for, but it doesn't work oppositely. Any help would be much appreciated guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrt54gl-vpn-issues.594063/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I've just bought a WRT45GL so I can flash DD-WRT to it and use it at home. I did have an ADSL modem, but it has died since I last used it, so I'm looking for a new modem.

I'm guessing I probably want to connect the modem in bridge mode with the WRT45GL, so the modem must support that. I also need to get a modem that will be compatible with my ISP (TalkTalk UK, which is PPPoA/VC-MUX).

Any recommendations? Any other information you need, just tell me, and I'll get it for you.

Thanks!

A:Modem for WRT54GL

do you have a talktalk Modem/router ?
you could just setup the WRT45GL as a 2nd router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-for-wrt54gl.975187/
Relevancy 46.87%

A lot of caps in the title I know Before I start keep in mind that I m basically a newborn as far Woes VPN WRT54GL DD-WRT as networking is concerned My task is to setup a site-to-site bridged VPN between two DD-WRT WRT54GL VPN Woes eventually more WRT GL routers I m using DD-WRT firmware v -sp vpn SVN revision on both The problem is that I m having the darndest time getting it to work I ve generated all the certs and keys I need for both the client and server and I m confident that that s all fine and well simple as it was I ve DD-WRT WRT54GL VPN Woes gone through multiple tutorials on the dd-wrt wiki to no avail both with the GUI OpenVPN options and VPN configurations via startup scripts I ve also gotten a regular client bridged setup to work where I can ping back and forth and the like but I don t believe that s what I need correct Since then I ve done a hard reset and gone back to trying to configure the VPN via the GUI in the OpenVPN daemon and OpenVPN client sections Also for the sake of tackling one problem at a time I ve turned off the firewall on each router completely Regardless I still keep seeing the quot destination host unreachable quot More information The host behind the server is a Window XP machine The host behind the client is an Ubuntu machine The client is setup using the OpenVPN client option in Services gt VPN with mostly the default information and the associated certs keys The server router is setup to use the OpenVPN daemon option in Services gt VPN also with the necessary certs and keys as well as the config I m currently primarily focusing on information found in the tutorial here http www dd-wrt com wiki index php VPN the easy way v B And previously here http www dd-wrt com wiki index php OpenVPN - Site-to-Site Bridged VPN Between Two Routers My question summary Do I need to enable the daemon on the client so I can load a config file to complement the one on the server Should I leave it enabled after that or disable to prevent conflict Will there be any conflict Client bridged is different from a bridged VPN Could I accomplish my task using a routed system instead of bridged There s probably more that I can t think of outright I appreciate any and all input Just having some place to list my current questions helps to some degree Also I apologize if this seems muddled and unorganized nbsp

A:DD-WRT WRT54GL VPN Woes

Bump of additional information: I've also posted at the dd-wrt forums, before anyone asks, but didn't get any answers or ideas there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dd-wrt-wrt54gl-vpn-woes.891705/
Relevancy 46.44%

I was looking for some answers to a few questions before I buy the hardware to a bridge I want to setup.

The setup I want to use is 2 WRT54GL using DD-WRT firmware setup in bridge mode.

I am looking to bridge these routers from about <400 feet away.

My main question is, since the WRT54GL has 2 antennas, can one antenna be setup to receive and the other setup to transmit. If so, I should be able to replace one of the omni-directional(transmit) antenna with a directional antenna.

From anyone with bridging experience, will this setup work? Please note that these are simply bridged routers and don't need to serve any wireless
clients.

Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-cisco-wrt54gl-dd-wrt.159194/
Relevancy 46.44%

Friday afternoon, our Linksys WRT54GL decided to quit working.
The internet works fine on all computers that are connected directly to the internet. But when the router is connected to the internet, the computer connected to it can't connect. Shows DNS server not responding in the windows troubleshooter. We are VoIP...not sure if that matters...tried turning everything off for over 1 minute and rebooting in order of the modem, router, computer...still nothing.

Appreciate any help

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Im trying to use wrt gl software dd-wrt v mini generic as AP for our business network This device is to provide Wireless LAN services its going to be connected to cisco switch and go through our network to reach the internet so its not directly connected to ADSL I have configured most of the router myself and then i came to what should be the simplest VLANs wrt54gl Solved: and thing in the world and im stuck because i cant grasp this Solved: wrt54gl and VLANs device s view of VLANs I need the following -We will have ssid s one corporate authenticated through RADIUS one for corporate mobile phones with PSK and a guest WLAN also with PSK - Corp SSID should be in vlan which is also going to be native vlan - Mobile SSID should be in vlan - Guest SSID should be in vlan its as simple as that and i have configured a ton of AP s in my networking career but this device handles VLANS differently from anything i have seen so far any help would be appreciated To provide more info -We have a windows based DHCP and DNS servers so this router is supposed to have only a single IP address with gateway to our main router and its supposed to get DHCP and DNS info from our server i already configured this but just to throw it out there if its significant nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone, i need some help with my linksys router (54GL). have to connect to via cable the ssid isn't showing up on any wifi lists.

I have to type it in on my dlink software for the notebook under win 2000. even if i delete the list of wifi. And doesn't show up on the other notebook running xp home. I have reset and set up the router again, deleted the d link software/installed it. whats next ? p.s i'm using dd-wrt on router was running fine before, it just when't bye bye.

thanks ahead of time

A:No ssid from wrt54gl router

It sounds like you have the SSID Broadcast disabled, or the wireless disabled (mode set to none), or the wireless is not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-ssid-from-wrt54gl-router.915744/
Relevancy 46.01%

I do not have local internet on a clients computer. I go to services and it says "Windows could not start the DCHP client service on the local computer. Error 5: Access is denied"

Why do I get this error, why didn't it start automatically, and how do I fix it?

Sometimes I hate Vista..XP was so much simpler.

Relevancy 46.01%

I am running a Sony Vaio Windows Vista -bit with Avast as the antivirus I was recently infected with Vista Antivirus problem DCHP bug and followed directions on this site for removing it I thought I was successful but it reappeared a week later yesterday I repeated all the steps and seem to have cleared it but now I cannot connect to the internet on that computer At first I tried to do a System restore but it would not successfully complete with any DCHP problem of the saved total Restore points I did some researching and found the problem seems to be with the DCHP service I cannot get it to turn DCHP problem on I would get the following error message quot The operation could not be completed The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion quot I did some reading on the microsoft help forums and found instructions http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows vista-networking error- -the-dependency-service-does-not-exist ec b e- a d- d -bf - fe c b de So first I ran the following command CMD K SC QC DHCP and the results were Service Name dhcp Type Win Share Process Start Type Auto Start Error Control Normal Binary Path Name c Windows system svchost exe -l LocalServiceNetw orkRestricted Load Order Group TDI Tag Display Name DHCP Client Dependencies NSI Tdx Afd I followed the rest of the instructions and found that when I go to the Device Manager gt Show hidden gt Nonplug and play the asd and TCP IP Protocol Driver drivers are listed and shown as working correctly as well as have the correct settings as shown in the above link However the quot NetBios over Tcpip quot is not listed there I also did the SFC scan That scan I believe stated it had found a corrupt file s which would be corrected after reboot I did the reboot but no change To make things worse I recently moved and can t find my Vista installation disc I was planning on replacing this laptop but wanted to keep it functioning for my kids to use By now I m at a loss and appreciate your help I have run GMER and DDS and the results are being posted next I have attached the DDS attach file as well Thank you in advance

A:DCHP problem

Ok I am attaching the DDS attach file and here is the DDS.txt
DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18882 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by sony at 19:24:06 on 2011-12-18
============== Running Processes ===============
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uStart Page = hxxp://www.jpost.com/
uSearch Bar = hxxp://toolbar.inbox.com/search/dispatcher.aspx?tp=aus&qkw=%s&tbid=%tb_id&%language
mDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://www.yahoo.com
mStart Page = hxxp://www.yahoo.com
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper: {02478d38-c3f9-4efb-9b51-7695eca05670} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: AOLSearchHook Class: {54eb34ea-e6be-4cfd-9f4f-c4a0c2eafa22} - c:\program files\aol\aol search enhancement\AOLSearch.dll
BHO: Radio Israel Toolbar: {889eb3f6-f16b-4bc0-bc81-9c407c8a3240} - c:\program files\radio_israel\tbRad1.dll
BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\5.7.7018.1622\swg.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
TB: Radio Israel Toolbar: {889eb3f6-f16b-4bc0-bc81-9c407c8a3240} - c:\program files\radio_israel\tbRad1.dll
TB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} - c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
TB: Google Toolbar: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
TB: {D7E97865-918F-41E4-9CD0-25AB1C574CE8} - No File
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [ehTray.exe] c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
uRun: [swg] "c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
uRun: [SpyGuarder] c:\program files\spyguarder\SpyGuarder.exe
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [FreeRAM XP] "c:\program files\yourware solutions\freeram xp pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe" -win
uRun: [Aim6] "c:\program files\aim6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
mRun: [AzMixerSel] c:\program files\realtek\installshield\AzMixerSel.exe
mRun: [ISBMgr.exe] c:\program files\sony\isb utility\ISBMgr.exe
mRun: [PartSeal] c:\windows\sonysys\vaio recovery\PartSeal.exe
mRun: [SonyPowerCfg] c:\program files\sony\vaio power management\SPMgr.exe
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
mRun: [TkBellExe] "c:\program files\common files\real\update_ob\realsched.exe" -osboot
mRun: [TVTunerLib] c:\program files\common files\sony shared\tvtunerlib\TVTLInstTool.exe
mRun: [VAIO Recovery] c:\windows\sonysys\vaio recovery\PartSeal.exe
mRun: [VZRemoteCommander] c:\program files\sony\vaio zone remote commander&#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433258/dchp-problem/
Relevancy 46.01%

i am trying to load a broadband connection, but accoeding to my machine the dchp client refuses to start and recognise the ethernet cable and the hub(error 1068). i have been advised reinstall my network protocols from an xp disc but not sure how to.Has anyone any better suggestions or advice as my only internet access is now through my pda
cheers
gazza

A:dchp client

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dhcp.htm
http://www.computing.net/networking/wwwboard/forum/25637.html
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=337688

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dchp-client.497844/
Relevancy 46.01%

Everyone,
my ALL-in-one omputer, can't gain IP using DCHP, also i set using the static IP can't connect to Ethernet either. Can any one give me help!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c75862f-7a49-42f8-83d1-840f9c2e8848/nic-cant-gain-ip-using-dchp?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.01%

So I finally replace my DI- piece of junk with the WRT GL and it has been fantastic No more disconnects through the day Anyway I have a question about QoS I ran a speed test and got my up down numbers and plugged them into QoS kbits s down kbits s up Those are of the lowest figures I got running the speed test Last night I decided to try and max out my upload and play a game to see how QoS handles the traffic I setup dst port as high priority and torrents at lowest with question Linksys and WRT54GL Tomato QoS priority I took off the cap of kB s upload QoS question with Linksys WRT54GL and Tomato in uTorrent and let it go as fast as it can and then fired up team fortress At first my ping was ms I then lowered the upload speed of kbits s in QoS to something like and got my ping down to ms No matter how much more I lowered the upload speed my ping would not go below ms Then I put the cap back on uTorrent and my ping went down to ms what I usually ping on the server uTorrent was pretty much the only program uploading so QoS question with Linksys WRT54GL and Tomato I had plenty of free upload speed when the ping went down to ms My question is is the ping being twice as slow a result of the extra processing necessary to prioritize traffic when it is maxing out the value you plug into QoS Thx Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new nbsp

A:QoS question with Linksys WRT54GL and Tomato

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit www.StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qos-question-with-linksys-wrt54gl-and-tomato.663094/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've had my router for three days now and have only managed to establish an ethernet connection with my computer two times. Of those two times the wired connection lasted only a couple of hours before being lost, but the wireless connection always remains stable. A weird thing I noticed when setting my router for the first time was this: The led indicator for ethernet port two was always on and, indeed, remains always on despite there not being any connection in the port.

On my first successful connection I could only manage to get a signal through port two (with ports one, three and four giving me no such luck). With my second successful connection I managed to get established through port one while port two's led, as always, remained lit.

My question is this: Could this led be indicative of some hardware problem?

A:Linksys Wrt54gl: Led for ethernet port two always on.

Sounds like the router has a problem, this is probably a warranty replacement item.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt54gl-led-for-ethernet-port-two-always-on.895858/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok this is the unit that s been flashed with rd party before I got use WRT54GL flash! Bricked? - to Need - TFTP to it - This is a quote from the company that flashed the unit originally - quot It should also be noted WRT54GL - Bricked? - Need to use TFTP to flash! that whilst the Linksys device is clearly branded as a router by Linksys our customized software sees it run purely as a network switch Therefore your network will remain logically the same even after connecting through it i e no IP addressing information will change it will not attempt to act as a DHCP server etc quot Guess this explains why I can t use tftp to flash until the cfe is flashed via jtag I ve followed the wiki and a load of other info from wrt step by step to erase via JTAG the NVRAM Kernel and after backing up CFE - As had no result from st As I ve not been able to get any ping responses from the lan ip - taken from the backed up CFE have tried jtag in desperation to wholeflash - This started flashing but started getting Read and then Write errors so gave up on that one Could anyone advise as to best way to sort problem of not being able to use tftp - or do I need to get the individual wrt nvram and kernel bin files and used jtag to flash them st - If so can you point me to the d ls for these please Thanks - this kinda started as a challenge - now turned into life mission nbsp

A:WRT54GL - Bricked? - Need to use TFTP to flash!

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/825646-linksys-wrt54gl-any-way-enabling.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrt54gl-bricked-need-to-use-tftp-to-flash.831347/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is a follow up in a way I had asked about the N-routers and how to get good reception in a large house Based on the responses and reviews of this router Linksys WRT GL I chose this one router to do the trick with the option of installing another one upstairs to increase coverage if needed The price of of these was cheaper than one N router or a router and repeater The Lisksys software is pretty lame I was able to get my computer hooked up fairly easily but my roommate could not get online which is more important as update WRT54GL for Linksys Firmware I am on the road all the time and he is stuck at home I Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL reset the router before I left so hopefully he can get himself hooked up before I get home in days The coverage seems great I get very good or excellent in all corners of the house I see things about installing a second party firmware to improve it further Any suggestions about which firmware and details about how to update and use this firmware Thanks nbsp

A:Firmware update for Linksys WRT54GL

You need to find out why your roomate can not connect. Is it becasue of bad coverage? But, you said the coverage is great. If it is a secure network and your roomate is using the correct password/key, and if the coverage is great, then some setting issue must be dealt with in the roomate's computer.

Why do you need third party firmware for your router? That may not solve your roomate's problem, becasue as I said, it could be in roomate's computer. I have heard using third party firmware on Linksys gives much more features. One of them is to increase the power out of the router. But, again, all those feature may not help you with the problme that your have.

First do this on your computer, then on roomate's:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

{credit johnw}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-for-linksys-wrt54gl.593865/
Relevancy 45.58%

Quick question:

Actual installation looks pretty easy... but one probably silly question:

Will Tomato retain all current settings on my router, or will I have to set it up again from scratch? If from scratch, is there an easier way to ensuring I get all my custom configurations, then from going screen to screen and writing it down? I do periodically back up the config - will Tomato recognize that file?

Anything else I should know? This will be a new adventure for me...

A:Installing Tomato on Linksys WRT54GL question

is there an easier way to ensuring I get all my custom configurations, then from going screen to screen and writing it down?Click to expand...

Go screen to screen and save screen shots.

I doubt that the new firmware will recognize the old configuration file, but you may as well try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-tomato-on-linksys-wrt54gl-question.1037569/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all new to the board and am pleased to have found such Linksys Motorola Solved: WRT54GL SBG900 + a Using a great resource My issue is the following I m using a Motorola SBG Cable Modem which also includes an integrated wireless router I ve always had my share of issues with the wireless networking though signal drops overloading connections and such so I decided to pick up a trusty old Linksys WRT GL on Ebay and install DDR-WRT on it planning to let it handle the networking and wireless part instead The setup now works just fine Wireless is disabled on the Motorola cable modem and handled via the Linksys Solved: Using a Motorola SBG900 + Linksys WRT54GL router The only issue I m having is Port Forwarding I assume that the Motorola modem uses its own Port Forwarding system which in itself uses a different routing table than the one used in the router and thus sees the Linksys router as its only client What I m trying to do now is disable the address table allocation in the cable modem and have that job handled by the Linksys router alone effectively bypassing the router part of the modem entirely If anyone out there has experience with Motorola modem router combos there an easy way to set this up If not general pointers would probably help to push me in the right direction Thanks in advance for all your help nbsp

A:Solved: Using a Motorola SBG900 + Linksys WRT54GL

Hey all,

figured it out myself.
Here's what you do:

Go into the Motorola setup interface (mine was at 192.168.0.1)

--> Gateway
----> LAN tab, Disable NAT

... then reboot both the router and the modem. This will automatically pass the connection through the modem to the Linksys router, disabling all address allocations and letting you set ports from the Linksys config directly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-a-motorola-sbg900-linksys-wrt54gl.804331/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone This is my first post on this website I hope someone knows this situation as well perhaps even a solution It goes like this I have an ADSL connection I ve recently thrown out my old EDIMAX router since it s been giving me a problem... weird WRT54GL Linksys Solved: A really hard time not doing what it should I purchased a Linksys WRT GL Wireless Router in order to use it as a wired wireless device for the various computers I have in my house I ve followed this guide I read somewhere about setting up my ADSL modem through my router and to my wired computers I connected my own PC to one of the WRT GL s LAN ports not the WAN one accessed it cloned my PC s MAC address and Solved: A really weird Linksys WRT54GL problem... changed its IP from to Next I connected my ADSL modem to my router s WAN port and left the connection between my PC and one of my router s LAN ports It would allow me internet access supposedly through my router This should ve been the final step disconnecting my router and my ADSL modem taking them downstairs where all the house s network cables are and reapplying step only this time I wanted to plug in my PC again and my brother s PC both to LAN ports of course The problem is I did not have internet access anymore How can that be It s not like anything happend while going downstairs I did connect my PC with a different cable this time but it didn t say anything about quot a network cable is unplugged quot Perhaps I need to configure my WRT GL s advanced routing I d really appreciate anyone s help on this Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I have a Linksys router and we are using the Talisman/Basic 1.3.1 firmware from SVEASOFT. I want to use the Access Restrictions to stop my 2 kids' Mac laptops from going on the Internet from 11 pm to 5 am. I think I understand how to set up the Access Restrictions--I have two rules, and the first allows access to their MAC addresses from 5 am to 11pm, and the second rule blocks access to their MAC addresses. However, under the Status tab, under Router, it says Current Time: Not Available. So I think it doesn't know what the time is, or it understands the time to be different from "real" time. Anyhow, whenever I enable the second rule, they lose their Internet access, even if it isn't 11:00 pm. (I've just tested a couple of times, not all through the day.)

Does anyone know a way to set the time for the firmware?

Thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have a LINKSYS WRT GL v router and have been having issues for a Linksys Solved: connection router WRT54GL long time with it I m sure I changed a setting and hosed it up but I have no clue what the issue is Basically we have an HP desktop with an ethernet connection to Solved: Linksys WRT54GL router connection the router which is connected to a cable modem connected to Comcast We get internet fine for the most part but once in a while it will hang up so we used to bounce the modem I started bouncing the router a while back and that seemed just as effective Anyway we have OOMA phone voip and an HP printed connected to the router as well via ethernet Also a little weather doohicky This is already getting wordy but to cut to the chase the phone service was fine for months then went to crap and the internet is touch and go I m on now obviously but in the system try there is a red X for network internet access We have a lot of wireless devices that connect fine - laptop iphone zune and my wifes laptop for work connects using VPN over the router as well My son s DSi won t connect however and in the connection test it connects with a green wireless signal box then it goes red and the test says it failed to connect I am going to go ahead and paste the results from ipconfig all here and hopefully that will help I see a message about the media not being connected remember this is a wired connection the desktop uses windows btw Any ideas why the Ooma phone won t connect at all now Also I noticed the router is configured as a gateway and not as a router - but that is the default when I restore to factory settings what s that about Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users HP Desktop gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HPDesktop-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NCP Secure Client Virtual NDIS Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - B- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d bc c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B- - - - B- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd fl comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A -F D- E -BDF -D C A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users HP Desktop gt nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all please bear with me i can build a pc but networking is well above my pay grade MY PROBLEM I have been having some issues on my router log i get a massive spam of DCHPINFORM and IP Staic and tables DCHP usually whatever i am watching streamed from my nas drive shudders to a halt stops and reloads in windows explorer to see contents of the drive MY SETUP MAIN PHONE POINT - belkin ROUTER sending wifi - HOME PLUG A send - HOME PLUG B receive - d link Staic IP and DCHP tables GB SWITCH - NAS DRIVE wd my book live PC LAPTOP PC HOME PLUG C receive - netgear SWITCH - PS - SKY TV - BLURAY WIRELESS EXTENDER for the office WIFI - x android phone TAB IPOD Laptop I have given the NAS drive a static IP which seems to of solved some problems but not all my dchp table starts at - my static ips are etc using my belkin router i can see the dchp table but it does not show all connected devices via static IP there is also quot access control quot i have added all devices and enabled and allowed but this still doesn t show CURRENTLY connected devices - Is there a freeware program that will map my network and show me with all current connected devices ip addresses etc to allow me to start from the top and assign all static ip s and list them - Do i have too many devices doing too many things Thanks for any help in advance i will try to assist requests for more info tips etc as best i can Nayt nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I got a does Solved: IP not DCHP an assign Dell something-or-other refurbished Solved: DCHP does not assign an IP I hooked it up to my home network which has a setup like this Internet lt gt Router lt gt ethernet lt gt Router Both are wireless but I have my main computer connected wirelessly Solved: DCHP does not assign an IP to Router and this Dell one wired to the first The reason I don t connect to router wirelessly is because it s an unbranded ISP supplied one and router is netgear and has FAr better range Basically on router I have a network map of my network I have Unknown on Solved: DCHP does not assign an IP ethernet port the netgear router and also Jack the main PC I connected the Dell to ethernet port and it doesn t show it s name just quot Unknown- - - b-ad-c -d quot which I guess is the MAC address The computer is called Dell and that s what it should show I would ring the ISP s tech support but no racism here but the idian helpers are useless Do you people have any ideas as I can t share files with it like this which is a nessecity Thanks I know I ve probably left out a TON of info because I m typing alot and quickly so just ask if theres any more info needed pics explaination etc -Jack EDIT yes I am typing this on the Dell but if I manually give the IP to use it works online just not sharing files and it still says unknown-numbers nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

For some DCHP properly not working reason DHCP seems to set all incorrect settings As a result I don't have an internet connection with DHCP enabled Here's my ipconfig all Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address A -BA-DB-E - -AF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd f e dd Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Tentative Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BE-ED-A -BA-DB-E - -AF DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface DCHP not working properly Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled DCHP not working properly Yes Also when I run the network diagnostic I get the error quot Wired ethernet connection doesn't have the valid IP configuration quot When I set the connection to static everything DCHP not working properly is working fine Could this problem be solved Thanks in advance

A:DCHP not working properly

Is it possible that the allocation of IP addresses by DHCP has been (or become) disabled in the router's settings?

At the moment, for some reason, the adapter is failing to get its IP address by DHCP from the router and Windows is allocating a 169.254.x.x APIPA address (Automatic Private IP Addressing), which won't let you access the router or the internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267032-dchp-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys Hope somebody can help me I've just recently switched to BT broadband at home and have the new v homehub router I've got laptops and a desktop the desktop and the one laptop connect wirelessly to the internet perfectly but i'm at my wits end with the other laptop It finds the wireless network but then gives quot limited or no connectivity quot I can't get it to assign an IP address properly if i go to run gt cmd gt ipconfig then i get and autoconfiguration IP of and a subnet mask of with the rest blank Am i right in thinking an address from HELP!!!!! get an Can't server, IP DCHP ip starting is a personal one and it should really start with Can't get an IP address from DCHP server, HELP!!!!! as the others do I have tried cmd Can't get an IP address from DCHP server, HELP!!!!! gt ipconfig release and then ipconfig renew but then get quot An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your dchp server Request has timed out quot I have tried restarting everything to no avail and have tried ispfix exe and winsockxpfix but sadly no joy there either Basically i'm stumped and would be willing to give any ideas a go Thanks in advance James

A:Can't get an IP address from DCHP server, HELP!!!!!

You say other computers on the network have connected successfully? If that is the case, please go to the working computer and open command prompt.

ipconfig

Identify your IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.

With that being said; go to the computer with the issue and copy that information into...

1) Control Panel
2) Network Connections
3) Right Click Wireless connection, Properties
4) Go to the General tab, scroll down to 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
5) Highlight it and click properties.
5) Select 'Use the following IP address'
6) Fill in the blanks. Make sure you change the IP Address
-example; if you have 192.168.1.3, change it to 192.168.1.20 so there are no IP conflict issues on the network.
7) Leave 'Obtain DNS server address automatically'
8) Okay
9) Close.

Sorry if you already knew how to assign a Static IP address, I just assume the worst with everyone. Let me know how that goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-an-ip-address-from-dchp-server-help-536278.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My roomates computer has an issue that I have not been able to solve all week here's the gist of it The computer connects wireless and is able to get an IP from router I can ping the router and other computers on the network All other comupters on network are able to access the internet One thing that failure DCHP Service is happening is the DHCP Service keeps stopping on me I've perused the posts on here looking for answer's Here's a list of all I've done Disabled then enabled wireless adapter DCHP Service failure uninstall reinstall wireless adapter manually set IP address repaired winsock winsock entries using LSPFix exe and quot netsh winsock reset quot command elevated to admin ran virus scan AVG with no hits ran AD-aware SE hit removed did not solve issue ran RegCure with hits cleaned did not solve problem Try'd to do a quot system restore quot but the computer couldn't do it hard drive has free space I'd give a screenshot of the error but its on another comp Here's what it says quot Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available quot Any help is appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235410-dchp-service-failure.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello i hope this doesnt sound to stupid.

I have been reding through tons of posts, but i havent been able to find a way to connect my labtop, that has a mobile modem and wireless so that ICS would pass through wireless to my WRT54GL (DD-WRT) and connect to my secondary computer through LAN Cable.

I would apreciate any help you guys could provide, it would be a life saver.

Thanks
Jack

A:Connecting 1 wireles (comp) through WRT54GL to Secondary computer (LAN)

if the laptop is wireless then you should be able to connect directly to the wireless router - then its just a case of file sharing - no need for ICS at all

You dont need to the mobile modem or wireless - if the laptop already has a built in wireless adapter - if not then you can use the mobile wireless to connect to the router

what window versions do you have on each PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-1-wireles-comp-through-wrt54gl-to-secondary-computer-lan.969814/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello. I just got a new cable modem and my WRT54GL router does not connect to the internet. The router was working fine with the old modem before the modem went out. When I plug an Ethernet cable into the modem I can connect to the internet just fine. But when I connect the modem to the router I cannot connect to the internet through the router. I tried reseting the router. Unplugging both the router and modem at the same time then restarting the computer. Nothing works. I could use some help.

-Mooney

Relevancy 45.15%

Good morning I am trying to setup fowarding WRT54GL port modem Zyxel and 660 Linksys my Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding router and DSL modem to forward ports Currently the modem is not bridged All internet access seems to be working fine from both my desktop and laptop I have tried port forwarding using the modem and router web interfaces but had no luck with the internal tests as well grc com port testing indicates they are not open I have tried Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding using the modem to forward the ports directly to my desk top as well as trying to forward Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding them to the router and then on to my desktop I have tried forwarding all ports through the modem and then on to my dekstop as well I am trying to uninstall ZA software firewall but WinXP is not letting me A reinstall of my OS may be forthcoming soon I am also a little confused at how my DHCP is actually working because the modem is assigned and the router is Both devices are setup as DHCP servers which my ISP tells me is not a conflict but it seems like it could be to me Like I said the internet connection is working But the modem is listing the router as as a DHCP client When I tried to change the router address to the modem interface became unreachable by telnet or by web Bizarre Current Setup Zyxel EQ R fmware TI AR Embarq WRT GL fmware ZoneAlarm v Couple of questions then I have heard quot bad things quot about bridged modems and my ISP does not want me to do it for security concerns I have seen in posts that many people do this anyway what are the major drawbacks Do forwarded ports need to be routed through all devices that I use to access the WAN or could my modem bypass my router and send ports directly to my desktop Suggestions about DHCP setup Any other thoughts about how I might make port fowarding work Thanks nbsp

A:Zyxel 660 modem and Linksys WRT54GL port fowarding

Since you have two routers, and you don't want to bridge the first one, try this:

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zyxel-660-modem-and-linksys-wrt54gl-port-fowarding.562356/
Relevancy 45.15%

folks, for the summer I need to monitor, not necessarily block traffic on my WRT54GL router.
This router is new to me and one feature that is extremely limited is the logging. It only gives addresses in the numerical format [Outgoing log] and does not carry much history, no timestamp, no log-full-send function. My older cheaper netgear did a much better job of this and frankly I miss that function.

I need a logger that will simply record/store/fwd ALL outgoing addresses in their www format [i.e. http://forums.techguy.org/newthread.php"]

Anyone got a recommendation??

Relevancy 45.15%

Ok Have done a load of reading up on this amp other sites Total newbie to networking amp this is st time of Linksys router - functions? WRT54GL Any way full enabling I ve tried to setup a network so pse excuse any dumb questions or incorrect terminology This unit was supplied to me free by a company called SamKnows as part of a paid trial to monitor ISP performances This link hopefully explains the situation http www samknows com broadband pm faq html faq- Basically it looks like they ve installed their own software which allows the unit to act as a internet connection monitoring tool but disables all other functions Device is Linksys WRT GL V Am trying Enable full functions so I can use to connect desktop and laptops either wired or wirelessly to file and print share as well as internet connection Report - I can connect desktop and laptop wired using Ethernet ports and connect the Linksys to an ADSL modem both computers can then access broadband connection no problem However if I run the Linksys Setup prog to install the orgi software it fails to complete amp gives error msg Unable to connect to router If I try to access the web based GUI - I just get page not found error Using the adsl modem with router connected I get the Setup page for the adsl modem has same default address Actually spent hours online amp phone to Linksys Tech Support didn t mention that I d got the unit through rd party amp it had been modded somehow Basically he went Linksys WRT54GL - Any way of enabling full router functions? through all the setup tried the reset IP addresses ping tests disabling wireless adapter on laptop etc At the end he concluded that the router was knackered and gave me an RMA to return for repair replacement Problem with that of course is presumably they d suss it had been modded and this would Linksys WRT54GL - Any way of enabling full router functions? invalidate any warranty I might have with them Not sure what b g info is relevant so just ran Belerac and copied any bits I think may be Desktop is a home build XP Pro SP system Board WinFast MCP M MA FAB Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Net Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Laptop is an Acer Aspire G - Board Acer Inc Makalu Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Acer v gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Communications - HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP TO Adapter Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethernet Controller Intel R WiFi Link AGN Be real grateful for any advice like is it going to be worth the hassle to try and flash the router Or is it not possible due to the unknown software that s been setup Thanks Pete nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

Im using a Linksys wrt54gl wireless router and i wish to integrade probably a software or something to disable those who are connected to download movies, watch live videos , youtube any some porn sites any idea how do i do that? It has the original firmware installed.
Please help me people

A:Linksys WRT54GL how to integrate a firewall to lock some webs?

You need a content filtering service to do what you want. It comes at a cost so don't count on getting it for free and it is normally a device you purchase to put between your router and the LAN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt54gl-how-to-integrate-a-firewall-to-lock-some-webs.1026255/
Relevancy 45.15%

earlier today I found I had to restart my laptop, only to find upon re-booting that it wouldn't connect me to the net.

Using my Intel (R) ProSet wireless it said I was connected to Belkin (my home wireless network), but I had the 'limited or no connectivity' message in the bottom right.

Since, I have run a number of tests, including running the command prompt, and inputting ipconfig/all (results can be posted) as well as running a network diagnostic test (again results can be posted)

Now, I checked my sisters details (IP, default gateway etc) and manually entered these values. The 'limited connectivity' message went, but still no luck on the net.

From this, does anyone have any ideas? Should I copy and paste my ipconfig and network diagnostics output?

Thanks
Jay

Relevancy 45.15%

Greetings Thank you in advance for your assistance I have discovered that my DCHP settings have been rerouted to IP addresses known to be affiliated with the Netsky Worm Trojan In addition have noted seeing certain config and DCHP - Netsky Redirect Server XML files associated with Server enterprise system on DCHP Redirect - Netsky Server my computer According to OTL when booting in safe mode there are two different sets of drivers loading There are over files named quot Channel quot on my computer A google search revealed that these files are associated with RSS feeds of which I have willingly subscibed to any I was able to recently gain dos access not sure if this is possible now and noted the presence of a RAM Drive Drive X on my system I am not able to run GMER as it says it can not find the config system file or it is currently in use Having thrown just about every online virus Malware scan in the book at this thing yields no results Here are the recent DDS and OTL scans UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH ITDDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date System Uptime hours ago Motherboard MSI G TM-E MS- Processor Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is CDROM Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points RP - avast Free Antivirus SetupRP - Windows UpdateRP - Windows UpdateRP - Removed Microsoft Easy Assist v RP - Cleaned registry with Windows Live OneCare safety scannerRP - Installed Sophos pcclie-i Cleanup Tool RP - Windows UpdateRP - Windows UpdateRP - Windows UpdateRP - Installed Viewfinity User Migration RP - Installed Microsoft Deployment Toolkit RP - Installed Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer RP - Installed Java Update -bit RP - Windows UpdateRP - Windows UpdateRP - Windows Update Installed Programs Adobe Flash Player ActiveXERUNT jESET Online Scanner v FriendFinder Messenger v Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareMicrosoft Easy Assist v Microsoft Office Excel MUI English Microsoft Office Outlook MUI English Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI English Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Standard Microsoft Office Word MUI English Microsoft SilverlightMicrosoft Visual C Redistributable - x Mozilla Firefox PC Pitstop Driver Alert RunAlyzerSophos Anti-Rootkit Sophos pcclie-i Cleanup ToolSpybot - Search amp DestroyViewfinity User MigrationVisual C x Runtime - v Visual C x Runtime - v Windows Live OneCare safety scannerWindows Resource Kit ToolsYahoo Messenger Event Viewer Messages From Past Week Error Service Control Manager - The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error Service Control Manager - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load SBRE Error Application Popup - C Windows system drivers SBREdrv sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver Error Application Popup - C Users stephen AppData Local Temp mbr sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver Error Application Popup - C Users stephen AppData Local Temp D - DE - - B has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver br Error Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x f x xfffffa e xfffffa e a xfffff cd A dump was saved in C Windows M... Read more

A:DCHP Redirect - Netsky Server

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314435/dchp-redirect-netsky-server/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am trying to connect my Desktop running XP to a wireless network There appears to be a connection but I am unable to access the internet I have looked at a few other threads but been unable to find a successful answer I have run ipconfig all and these are the results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Glen amp Vicky gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name GlenandVicky Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No not Solved: problem? DCHP IP enabled? Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet Solved: DCHP not enabled? IP problem? NIC Physical Address - - - -E - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Sweex Wireless Lan USB Adapter Mbps Physical Address - - A- - E- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe aff fe e b Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Glen amp Vicky gt Any help would be great my morning has already disappeared nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

have a router sendin ip no's to the loacal lan.
But some are picking up odball ip nos ans I can only assume it's the win 2000 pro sending out the ip no's how do I STOP THIS.
Regards Alan G

A:How do I stop win 2000 pro acting as a dchp

Disable it, for details see: http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBF/TIP2900/rh2971.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-stop-win-2000-pro-acting-as-a-dchp.109855/
Relevancy 45.15%

Today I was determined to completely remove the awful Trojan Win Patched AZ gen dll that has been killing my computer lately After booting into safe mode and running SFC scannow I booted up and it looked like it was gone but my internet wasn't working I was still on the network just no internet connection hours of trial error and reading posts on this forum I have come to the conclusion that this is over my head and I must have communion with the PC gods to gain their blessings to heal my computer The two big issues I Issues DNS and after Trojan removing DCHP can see are that the DHCP and DNS Client services are not running and when I manually try to start them I get the Error Code Access Denied At one point I was able to get the DNS Service to work but I couldn't replicate that after a reboot Yes I've tried Run as Admin and adding permissions in the registry no luck Mircosoft Security Essentials had identified the dnsapi dll DCHP and DNS Issues after removing Trojan file as corrupted and while it tried to quarantine it many times it never could Here is my FarBar report Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by editor administrator on - - at Running from E Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service is OK The ServiceDll of Dnscache service is OK Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Attempt to access Google IP returned error Google IP is unreachable Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log NSI TDX AFD all seem to be in place and working so I'm at a loss Please help me PC gods your my only hope

A:DCHP and DNS Issues after removing Trojan

I couldn't find anything wrong with this log, except the google IP. And I have a question. Why are you running FSS from E:/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601413/dchp-and-dns-issues-after-removing-trojan/
Relevancy 45.15%

Trying to create two seperate VLANs on a switch and have them use the same Windows 2008 DHCP server.

Example: VLAN1 - 192.168.1.0 /24
VLAN2 - 192.168.2.0 /24

What does the client on VLAN1 send to the DHCP server so that it knows to pull an address from 192.168.1.0 and not 192.168.2.0?

A:Two Seperate VLANs 1 DCHP Server.

You need to set up a DHCP relay between VLANs to direct the DHCP address broadcasts to the DHCP server outside of the client's VLAN. If you want the switch to do this you'll need to invoke a feature called an IP Helper. One thing to verify is if you need to have a layer 3 switch to gain this feature. I'm pretty positive you do because of how IP Helper works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-seperate-vlans-1-dchp-server.996129/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm trying to set up a static IP, but I can't get it to save. All 3 and the DNS server, but every time I okay and check, it's all reset to automatic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-number-of-questions-dchp-and-static-ip.129265/
Relevancy 44.72%

My wireless card in my Compaq Presario works fine and Windows 8 detects it and said it was compatible. For some strange reason though it's not working in Windows 8. It hasn't detected my wireless network. Currently I am connecting using a cable.
The card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WIFI Adaptor.

I am trying to do a Google search on this issue, is it me but is this device not compatible with Windows 8 despite Window 8 saying so? I have updated the drivers through Windows Update, but it still can't find my Wireless network even though Windows 7 did originally before my upgrade.

A:Wireless network card not finding my wireless network ?

I have done a diagnosis and here's what it says (if this helps)

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless
adapter or access point
Problem
with wireless adapter or access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point issues

Failed

Reset the wireless adapter

Completed

Issues found
Detection details

Problem with wireless adapter or
access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point
issues
Failed

If you're
connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator.
Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. Once all of the lights on the
device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a
built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset
button.

Reset the wireless adapter
Completed

[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/info.png[/IMG]

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Repair.1.etl

Detection details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/collapse.png[/IMG]

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyConnection incident diagnosedList of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayedConnection History

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.Helper Class: Auto Configuration Initialise status: SuccessInformation for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyResult of diagnosis: Problem foundRoot cause:This computer cannot connect to wireless networksThe wireless network adapter on this computer is not working properly.Detailed root cause:This computer's wireless network adapter is not readyRepair option:Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "WiFi" on this computer.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and
Logs

File Name:
NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information

Computer Name:
SHADOWDAN-PC

Windows Version:

Architecture:
x86

Time:
30 October 2012
21:18:30

Publisher details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/expand.png[/IMG]

Windows Network Diagnostics

Detects problems with
network connectivity.

Package Version:

Publisher:
Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11224-wireless-network-card-not-finding-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Every so often, my WiFi on my PC will just stop working. It will disconnect from my wireless network, and then when I try to manually connect, it's not listed. Sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. This last time I had to restart twice. I know the WiFi router is not having problems, because my phone and AppleTV stay connected and stream just fine. The first times I noticed this, I was actually browsing the web and talking on Steam when it occurred. The last two times however, I left my computer on to finish up some downloads, came back in the morning, and it had disconnected and corrupted my downloads. Any help is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance.

A:Wireless network disconnects, then fails to see the wireless network

Hello and welcome to 7 Forums ShaneLj.

Is this wifi adapter plugged into your PCi or PCIe slot in the desktop or a USB type adapter?
Would be helpful to also know what brand and model the wifi adapter is in order to Identify any issues that a manufacturer might already have a fix for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332090-wireless-network-disconnects-then-fails-see-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I currently have a Linksys WRT54GL router version 1.1 with Tomato-mlppp_v125-mp3alpha6, but I would like to reflash it to a more updated Tomato firmware.

I see that there are Tomato several mods by Shibby and polarcloud. Can someone recommend a good Tomato firmware for my router?

Please note that I think this model has (16MB RAM, 4MB flash), so the firmware must be able to fit in 4mb of flash.

I just don't know which of Shibby's builds that will work properly without bricking my router as there seems to be an issue getting the correct firmware that will fit in the small 4MB flash of the WRT54GL router ver 1.1

Thanks.

I found Shibby's firmware version tomato-ND-1.28.5x-117-VPN.trx and I reflashed my router with this. The flash stated it was successful, so I'm going to give this a try and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54gl-router-ver-1-1-new-tomato-firmware-needed.1150414/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I'm having issues with router leasing ips outside the the gateways range.

Example Gateway ip is 192.168.0.1 and it is trying to lease out the range of 192.168.1.xxx, I'm not sure why it is doing this as the dchp server range is set in 192.168.0.xxx

Multiple router setup in house/garage room type setup line runs out here and I have my own router. Only have been noticing this problem past couple days so I reset the main router1(dlink gamerlounge) then setup the ip back to 192.168.0.1 and reset my other router2(netgear wgr 614v4)

Noticed I had to unplug router2 before I could re-setup router1, after that I just plugged it back in and everything appears find for me except I'm still noticing its leasing some devices the wrong ip.

Anybody know whats wrong is one of them faulty or overheating or something, the routers are pretty old.

A:DCHP Server leasing out ips in the wrong range?

Hi seagula and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are the both routers set up with the same lease? E.G (router1=192.168.0.X/router2=192.168.0.X

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295693-dchp-server-leasing-out-ips-wrong-range.html
Relevancy 44.29%

my dchp in cmd is

DCHP enbale.........................:NO

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
We are using a Sprint aircard (Sierra Wireless compass 597) to connect to the internet. We are connecting to the xbox via ethernet cable and cannot get xbox live to work. Per their tech support we need to enable DHCP, which we have tried but it will not. Any suggestions out there? We have put the TCP/IP and DNS to automatic but still doesn't work. Windows XP.
Thanks - Laura and Noah

A:Solved: Help w/Xbox live windows XP DCHP

if you are using the wireless card for the internet, you will need ICS enabled/configured.

though using the wireless card may give you some serious lag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-w-xbox-live-windows-xp-dchp.794114/
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently sent my laptop out to have the keyboard seated correctly. When it was returned I was not able to access my internet from the wireless connection in my home. I can access the internet from unsecure networks. Tech support from my internet company stated that I most likely needed to update my driver. I am not sure which driver to update from the Lenovo site.

Lenovo T60 windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\...............>ipconfig
Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
C:\Documents and Settings\...............>ipconfig /renew
Windows IP Configuration
An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection : unable
to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.
No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di
sconnected.

Relevancy 44.29%

Guru s I have an intermittent internet connection drop that I have been DCHP between Server Possible router. modem Conflict and unable to get rid of I have searched the internet for possible fixes and attempted some to no avail So I am surrendering my pride and asking for professional help ISP Comcast Modem Motorola Surfboard SB U Cable Modem Wireless Router Belkin N Issue Loss of internet functionality Connected Wireless Devices Nintendo Wii Mobile Laptop running Windows Ultimate mobile Possible DCHP Server Conflict between modem and router. phones x Samsung Blu-Ray Player Connected Ethernet Devices from Belkin router Xbox Direct TV reciver Possible helpful Possible DCHP Server Conflict between modem and router. information On occasion during the internet loss I will receive a windows message on my laptop that states there are duplicate IPs causing a problem Here is a log from the router Jan WAN DHCP client send DHCP Discover Jan WAN DHCP client send DHCP Discover Jan WAN DHCP client receive DHCP Offer Jan WAN DHCP client send DHCP Request Jan WAN DHCP client receive DHCP Ack Jan WAN DHCP client get IP Jan b cc DIRECTV-HR - B get IP Jan c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jan c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jan join multicast group Jan c b e b android d c dc get IP Jul Halocrisis-PC login Jul e c b Host get IP Jul e c b unknown get IP Jul e c b unknown get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul c bf b dd Halocrisis-PC get IP Jul Halocrisis-PC login Jul Halocrisis-PC login Firewall log Jan Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Jan Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Jan Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Jul Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped times Jul Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped times Jul Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Jul Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Jul Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Jul Ip Spoofing from IP to IP dropped Here is a log from the Modem - - -ErrorD DHCP RENEW sent - Invalid DHCP option - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -CriticalR Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T time-out - - -NoticeI TLV- - unrecognized OID - - -CriticalD DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported - - -CriticalR No Ranging Response received - T time-out US - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing - - -NoticeM Ethernet link dormant - not currently active - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing - - -CriticalT SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing - - -NoticeM Ethernet link up - re... Read more

A:Possible DCHP Server Conflict between modem and router.

you cant disable it from the modem because the modem is simply that... just a device that connects you to the internet. There is no router within the 5101 modem so there will be no DHCP in there. If you had a Motorola SBG900/901/6580, then it would

The issue you are having is with the router, or your devices connecting to it. Your 'DHCP Server' is the router.

Make sure that ALL connecting devices are on automatically obtain IP addresses. Also make sure that ALL connecting devices has different host names.

With the devices that has no internet, check the IP address at that time.

If all the devices have different host names, and set to automatic, then shut down ALL equipment, including cell phones and DirectTV that is connected.

Then one by one turn on each device; first the modem, then router then the connecting devices. DO NOT turn on the connecting devices at the same time. Let them boot up first then go to the next device and so forth.

EDIT: one last thing: if everything we do fails, then the router will need to be reset to defaults as there may be some setting in there that causing this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-dchp-server-conflict-between-modem-and-router.1006709/
Relevancy 43.86%

My desktop computer was not connecting to the internet even though there was a connection I ran a diagnostic test and it said that my default IP gateway DCHP server and DNS confused: gateway, DNS server DCHP failure very default and server all failed I don t know how to fix this problem so I did several things I did an ipconfig release renew in the cmd promt I manually typed in my ip address subnet mask and default gateway and i erased and added the same wireless connection and still nothing happened Then I logged into my router on another computer and changed the data encryption from WPA to WEP so I can get on the internet with my laptop since my laptop did not support WPA encryption and walla I was able to connect to the internet on my desktop I am not sure how changing the encryption from WPA to WEP has anything to do with a failure from my DNS and DCHP server and default IP gaeway Can someone explain so I can understand this nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Good morning wonderfully brainy people of the internet I hope all is fine and dandy for you and yours this fine mid-month humpday As for myself I errors warnings Networking-DCHP-DNS-DCOM-COM months for and am still trying to recover from the loss of Bowie Don't rush me I'll get there eventually ANY WAY I am having several problems with Networking-DCHP-DNS-DCOM-COM errors and warnings for months my PC a few of which have to do with Networking-DCHP-DNS-DCOM-COM errors and warnings for months networking It's a home based PC I am the only one who uses it and the only one on my network so this whole having to use a quot Home Group quot thing seems a bit odd to me since I am not sharing any of my files or sources I guess it Networking-DCHP-DNS-DCOM-COM errors and warnings for months is added security I have tried to complete my system info as much as I could so hopefully I have provided what is need to gain your assistance If not you have only to tell me what is needed maybe how to get it and I will do my very best to provide A lot of these issues began last May if that means anything at all PLEASE NOTE Anything listed in PINK is info that I have altered for anonymity purposes only The most persistent networking issues are there and they have to do with DNS and DCHP DCOM and COM ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer XXXXXXXX Description Name resolution for the name wpad name of my Internet Service Provider net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot NOT SURE IF THIS INFO IN NEEDED OR NOT quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt XXXXXXXXX lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot QueryName quot gt wpad name of my Internet Service Provider net lt Data gt lt Data Name quot AddressLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Address quot gt NOT SURE IF THIS INFO IN NEEDED OR NOT lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ and a similar one but for istap Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer XXXXXXXXX Description Name resolution for the name isatap name of my Internet Service Provider net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot NOT SURE IF THIS INFO IN NEEDED OR NOT quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt XXXXXXXXXX lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot QueryName quot gt isatap name of my Internet Service Provider net lt Data gt lt Data Name quot AddressLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Address quot gt NOT SURE IF THIS INFO IN NEEDED OR NOT lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ------------... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389461-networking-dchp-dns-dcom-com-errors-warnings-months.html
Relevancy 43%

For the last few days to wi-fi, while DCHP timeout. renewing contact An error occurred interface: unable my wireless connection has been going down in my PC sporadically in my dorm room although much less so across campus When this happens I can sometimes get the connection to return by switching to the school s guest network sometimes not I ve been trying to get this issue to stop for some time now with no luck An error occurred while renewing interface: wi-fi, unable to contact DCHP timeout. It could be anywhere from under a minute to over an hour between my connection time and the time that my connection is lost The connections An error occurred while renewing interface: wi-fi, unable to contact DCHP timeout. tab in Windows indicates that I am connected with internet access but upon closer inspection I get quot connection is limited quot My roommate is a computer science student and gave me a few different things to try in the command prompt None of them work for more than a few minutes basically refreshing the issue When I use the ipconfig release and renew I sometimes get the error in the title something about being unable to reach DCHP and the request timing out Anyone have any ideas I ve posted the TSG info and can post anything else necessary to get this fixed the sooner the better TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO INVALID Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:An error occurred while renewing interface: wi-fi, unable to contact DCHP timeout.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-error-occurred-while-renewing-interface-wi-fi-unable-to-contact-dchp-timeout.1135732/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem with my home wireless network. My network operatates at 2.4 GHz and so does my home wireless phone. Everytime my phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

A:Everytime my wireless home phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network.

Welcome to Tech Spot

Do you have 802 B or 802 G wireless?

When I was in Best Buy, one of the sale people mentioned how 2.4 GHZ phone interferes with 802 B Wireless networks (uses same frequencies).

He mentioned that 802 G wireless network were not affected with the phones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-wireless-home-phone-rings-i-get-disconnected-from-my-wireless-network.17460/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Dell Printer AIO 968w suddenly stopped picking up my wireless network. Tried rebooting with no joy. Could someone please help?

A:Dell wireless AIO 968w printer non recognition of wireless network

Can you detect your wireless network with another device?

Does the printer detect any other networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-aio-968w-printer-non-recognition-of-wireless-network.936344/
Relevancy 42.14%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I m trying to setup connect a wireless printer HP All-in-one so that a user can use his laptop wireless and print from anywhere in the house He did not have Home Solved: with How wireless to Printer - Internet & Wireless network any network set-up previously He had dialup and just purchased a new laptop with wireless and this new printer and has just gotten this new Rogers quot Rocket quot Stick Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer It s a USB internet connection uses cell phone frequency Normally this is pretty straight forward when conected to a wireless router I brought over a wireless router to test out When Rogers quot Rocket quot stick is connected for internet Can I connect to another wireless home network for sharing at the same time Computer Vista Laptop with Rogers Rocket Stick I tried a couple of things Setup a wireless network I used the setup internet connection wizard to configure a computer to computer wireless adhoc network appears to work for very short distances - feet I was able to print a test page but not anything else - so I thought about using my Dlink Router for greater distance if it was a distance thing as indicated I setup the Dlink wireless router as a standalone wireless network - not conected to the internet configured it and then configured my HP printer wireless to connect to that network I successfully configured the printer via wizard to connect to the found network - I then connected to this wireless network and added the network printer using it s HP Wireless wizard - it found it and added it successfully - I was able to print a test page from about feet But when I move to another room - It would not print assumed maybe a conflict collision with wireless rocket - but not sure Then I setup the HP printer as a hard wired network printer not wireless attached to a port on the wireless router itself - I then determined its IP address printer config report and then connected to the wireless network router and set-up added printer on the laptop as quot local printer quot using TCP IP specifying this ip address - When connected to the home wireless network and I was able to print a test page but not anything else Not sure if I m having a problem with the Rocket and Wireless router conflicting a firewall issue or something else or just Vista playing games Biggest issue is that it appears the wireless printer CAN BE reached by the laptop by either the wireless setup or direct network printer connection successfully Issue is that I m not able to print any other documents I get a message saying the printouts are pending I assume the printer is configured for sharing - thought about this after I left It appears it has something to do with a lost connection or collision Not sure if I m clear here - looking for advice recommendation on how to set this up Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-wireless-internet-home-network-with-wireless-printer.786885/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Linksys WRT54G router. 2 my laptops are running Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Router configured as follows
-SSID BROADCAST DISABLED
-WIRELESS MAC FILTER ENABLED
- Permit only PCs listed to access the wireless network (2 MACs entered)
- PASSWORD CHANGED

Despite all these configuration steps network considered as "UNSECURED WIRELESS NETWORK".
What to do to make it secure?
Thank you.
Eugene.

A:UNSECURED WIRELESS NETWORK description despite WIRELESS MAC FILTER ENABLED

The reason it says that is because you are not using WEP, WPA, etc to secure the network. If there was a network key required then it would say "secured" if not, it says "unsecured". It does not detect that you have mac filtering, only that you have no network key.

Your network is just as secure with mac filtering(probably more) than using WEP.
If you'd like to test this, just remove one of your mac addresses then try to access the network.

If you still want to secure it using a network key, just look in the section for wireless security, you should find encryption settings. Just enter a WEP key using 64 or 128 bit HEX, I'd not suggest using ascii and you might want to stick to 64 bit if you are using cross branded hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsecured-wireless-network-description-despite-wireless-mac-filter-enabled.18965/
Relevancy 42.14%

It s me again guys but since last time I have bought a new desktop and a tablet and I am now re-attempting to setup my a wireless network so that I can use the tablet As I played around with the tablet I pressed the wifi button and lo and behold it detected my router told me my IP address etc But it will not allow me to browse the internet because I am not connected and fixed wireless up problems network my Xplornet wireless setting Having my with when I run the setup disc on my pc step - checking settings in computer and router for the router it tells Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless me that setup Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless assistant is not able to connect to the router via any of the network adapters in this computer I know that I don t have it setup correctly but I don t know what else to do I have the ethernet same as a network cable right cable coming from outside That goes to the one and ONLY port in the back of my tower I m stuck Please help Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless Thanks again guys Jeff nbsp

A:Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-setting-up-my-wireless-network-with-my-xplornet-fixed-wireless.1030514/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been having issues with my the Linksys Wireless card I installed in my Desktop computer for some time now For some reason the connection just drops but it still says I am connected I leave a dos window open to watch as it happens by pinging the router All of the sudden it will say quot request timed to connected card says wireless router Wireless ping I but it's my cannot network, out quot but the icon shows that it s still connected to the wireless network I have tried just about everything to overcome this but nothing seems to work Rebooting the router will allow it to work for a few minutes and then it times out again Sometimes it will continue timing out sometimes it will reconnect and sometimes it will says limited or no connection Sometimes hitting repair will do the same thing make it work for a few moments and they down again I have other devices that connect to that router wirelessly and they have no issues at all so I m not prepared to blame the router I noticed that my desktop s event view shows this entry frequently The system detected that network adapter Linksys PCI Adapter Packet Scheduler Miniport was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Would seeing this event frequently not indicate that the card was dropping often and coming back up I m pretty much ready to run a ethernet cable to the computer but I thought I d check with you guys first before I completely give up on the wireless card nbsp

A:Wireless card says it's connected to my wireless network, but I cannot ping router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-says-its-connected-to-my-wireless-network-but-i-cannot-ping-router.589843/
Relevancy 42.14%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've had wireless on this pc before A while back we had a tech come out from out internet provider to fix a few things and we told him we already have a few other devices on our wireless network so it may be a better idea to connect through an ether-net cord to our main pc for a more secure connection That has worked fine for the most part but now there's a different problem and I think I need to be able to connect wireless in order to fix it If it matters the problem is that any game I try to patch via the game launcher times-out I actually spoke with a CSR from Square Enix he said it may have to do with the port-forwarding then I spoke with a rep in technical support from our local provider and she said there is no port forwarding through the ir ether-net but it wireless longer driver/Can't has Computer a detect wireless network no is available through wireless So that's essential what has brought me here I'll upload a couple of pics so you can actually see that A Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network There is no wireless enabled on my pc at all and B There's no wireless driver - just the one on my driver list that tbh I don't know much about I've already tried uninstalling the driver then re-installing didn't detect anything Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network I've tried power-cycling my modem I've messed around with every option in the quot Network and Internet quot settings in my control panel I've checked all around the outside of my pc JUST IN CASE it's weird and has a switch somewhere that enables disables wireless Just to confirm yes there is indeed wireless being transmitted throughout our home We have phones a DS and a smart tv hooked up to it So does anyone have any recommendations beyond what I've already done

A:Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Can you Post a screenshot of the Device Manager .. With your Network Adapters expanded ... Before you do that go to View Hidden Devices ... Also what is the Model Number of your Computer ? ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/349841-computer-no-longer-has-wireless-driver-cant-detect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am new to networking and have a simple question for you tech guys!

With this router, is it possible to receive wifi network through a central location and share it with my three computers individually, without having one computer sharing or controlling the connection?

TIA

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a wireless-G linksys USB network adaptor (2.4 GHz 802.11g) that cannot pick up my wirless network. It is however picking up numerous other networks surrounding my house. Right now I'm using my Toshiba laptop that is connected to the same home network that my linksys adaptor cannot find.

Can anyone offer my any advice as to how to find my wireless network through my USB adaptor hooked up to my desktop computer? I know how to access my router information (Enter 192.168.1.1 for linksys and all that other good stuff) but do not know what exact settings I may needto change in order to have my desktop computer recognize the home network.

Is something perhaps hidden on the router information? Or is my adaptor out of date? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Why can't my USB wireless adaptor (Desktop Computer) find my wireless network?

Did you follow the manual for the USB wifi adaptor, installing procedures, driver? What happens to the Toshiba laptop's self wifi capability?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431270/why-cant-my-usb-wireless-adaptor-desktop-computer-find-my-wireless-network/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently switched ISPs going from DSL to Cable and that s when everything went wrong In order to get the new network up and running I needed to use a new router I setup this network and everything seemed fine all computers could see and connect to the new network and even the printer could see and connect to the new network For whatever reason I could not get any of the computers one laptop running Windows and one running OSX Snow (I have work wireless Solved: network HP new on tried printer everythi won't wireless Leopard to see the printer wirelessly works fine via USB Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi It would always say quot printer offline quot Uninstalled an re-installed all printer drivers on all machines printer is an HP Photosmart Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi C all in one The printer network diagnostic page came back clean indicating that everything was connected correctly but when I pinged the IP address of the printer from the windows machine I d just be bet with a quot timed out quot message This lead me Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi to think it was something to do with the router so I bought a D-link router and set everything up again Exact same scenario Even after setting the network up with no security options no WEP or WAP security This lead me to do a hard reset on the printer After booting it up again I ran the network setup wizard via the printer s LCD screen and tried to connect to the network This time however the printer won t connect the the network at all I printed the wireless network diagnostics page and it fails the quot No Filtering quot test HPs recommendation came back saying I should check to see if the router has MAC filtering turned on I went back to the router configuration page to see and no it s not conducting any MAC filtering Short of buying a brand new printer or buying some HP support it s out of warranty I don t know what else to try Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and just let me know if you need any further details The cold hard facts Mainly trying to get this working on a Windows laptop but I also have a Macbook pro running Snow Leopard that is experiancing all of the same problems Printer is an HP Photosmart C all in one Routers I ve tried both of these and they seem to have identical results Netgear WPN D-link N this is the router currently installed on the network Cisco modem and our ISP is Time Warner Cable nbsp

A:Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-wireless-printer-wont-work-on-new-wireless-network-i-have-tried-everythi.1025500/
Relevancy 42.14%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Have a problem there Just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP and WAS having problems having my Linksys B wireless card but now it finally detected just reinstalled the driver Now another problem is Connect Internet Wont but Wireless to Network network?? Detected, Explorer when I double clciked INternet Exploroer webpages dont load up A box Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? pops up tp ask if I want to workoffline or Connect I click on COnnect and the box then said quot No connection to the internet is currently avaiable quot The thing is that my wireless adapter is already connected to the DSL in perfect signal connections I then went to to Network COnnections folder There are icons one says Incomming the other in the LAN or HighSpeed Internet section says Connection and Wireless Network Connection Enabled On the far left column i clicked on Create a New Connection I clicked the option Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? of quot Connect to the internet quot then quot Setup my Connection Manually quot Then quot Connect Using a broadband connection that is always on quot because I dont need a login name and password After clicking NEXT and Finished Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? nothing happened i clicked on IE again and same thing pops up I tried doing the nd option to let u enter the ID and password BUT disable the prompt to log in with a username and pw still dont work What gives How do i fix this problem Any help is appreciated thnx nbsp

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network.586274/
Relevancy 42.14%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
I have a Tablet PC with Windows 8 Release Preview installed.
The Tablet PC is equipped with a x86 Intel Atom Z670 processor and the Marvell 88w8787 Wifi/Bluetooth chip.
(Also ref. as AZUREWAVE_AW-NM387 WiFi/Bluetooth)

Previously, Windows 7 installed with wifi connection was working good via the Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

After doing both a upgrade install(keeping Win7 files) and also a CLEAN install of Windows 8 onto this same Tablet PC, my Network Adaptor is stating errors, and not working.

Kindly, how do I go about fixing this problem?

Sincerely, HWayne.
Flatoak Co., Ltd.

A:Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor

Hello,
I'm still having trouble installing a driver that supports by x86 Intel/Atom Z670 Tablet PC running Windows 8.

The WLAN module inside my Tablet PC is from Azurewave.

To be specific, '88F105-012000 WLAN CARD.AW-NM387..802.11 b/g/n SDIO...W/BLUETOOTH(V3.0)..LEAD-FREE..AZUREWAVE'.

My Tablet PC wifi connection worked OK with Windows 7, but now fails with Windows 8.

Any advice and/or recommendation?

BTW, this is related to the earlier POST: Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

This driver installed and worked for Windows 7, but fails in Windows 8.
This driver is the driver that automatically gets identified by Windows UPDATE for my Tablet PC type.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7036-marvell-avastar-wireless-n-network-controller-sdio-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Actiontec GT701-wg DSL modem running a wireless network. I currently have two laptops with XP sharing the Internet connection. Since the modem has an open Ethernet port in the back, I was wondering if it might be possible to plug in a networkable external hard drive and have it available to both of the laptops wirelessly.

If it is possible, what setting would be required on the laptops to enable them to see the external drive?

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.14%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 42.14%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 42.14%

I I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem connecting to the internet with IE8. connection to internet via the wireless router is ok as virus etc is updating, but every tim I try and open IE I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, then the option for Diagnose problems is offered, I have clicked this and still no joy. I have also reset IE.

Sparodically it will connect and this is what is confusing me

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network in Win 7

Have you tried any other browsers? SeaMonkey is a good one to try if you don't have another. You can still keep IE as default and have SeaMonkey for backup for web pages that may not display correctly in IE or when you have access problems like you are having now. Being Mozilla-based, it uses a different rendering engine. For those web sites that support pipelining, you may also find that it is considerably faster.

Check your connection settings under Internet Options. In the LAN section, try toggling the "Automatically Detect Settings" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network-in-win-7.935568/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/