Windows Support Forum

My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working

Q: My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working

Hi I suddenly had a problem with my usb wireless adapter Before when it was perfectly working the driver installed for my wireless adapter was RTL Everything was working perfectly the adapter and the software quot realtek wireless lan utility quot still detects my adapter But oneday I really don t know what happened my pc just started to not recognize my adapter The quot realtek lan Adapter USB Not Wireless Working My utility quot doesn t detect my adapter The quot disable adapter quot option box is always quot checked quot and when I unchecked it nothing happens I also notice that every time I plug my usb wireless adapter a My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working pop-up icon saying quot This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a hi-speed USB port quot which before doesn t appear every time I plug it in Also the quot Found new harware quot message appears every time I don t know what happen but I think somehow my pc is not recognizing the usb wireless adapter properly Because when I uninstalled the driver and re-installed it nothing happens When I plug my usb it still says quot found new hardware quot I tried using quot driver identifier quot to reinstall the driver and searching it on the net but I was surprised because the driver it was pointing to My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working was quot RTL u quot someting like that which installs quot RTL cu quot and not the original quot RTL quot The device ID is quot VID BDA amp PID quot My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working I tried installing the driver but the system crashes displaying a blue screen message and so I think it really was not the driver for it I really don t know what to do so if anyone can help I d really appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-usb-wireless-adapter-not-working.192554/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My USB Wireless Adapter Not Working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Last night I was on the Internet and suddenly lost the connection. At first the laptop said that I was still connected to my network but that there was no Internet connection. I called Verizon and they said that the router was fine. But afterwards the computer couldn't recognize the network, or any other wireless networks. Today, thinking that the network adapter might need to be updated, I tried updating it but the device manager says that this is the most recent update. Yet it's still not working and I can't get online without an ethernet cable. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5807730
Relevancy 60.2%

hello,,
recently i've bought tp-link tl-wn721n wireless usn adapter..
dont know wether already install properly or not..
but i found wireless icon in network..it said "Enabled"..
when i tried to create adhoc...cannot..
what shud i do?

is it this usb adapter can create network n access internet via home broadband without any wifi router?

A:wireless adapter not working

If I understand correctly....
Yes you need a wireless router as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135330-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer will not even load the wireless adapter it says This device has been disabled by the wireless button and cannot be enabled from the Wireless Assistent and I looked and not even loading it up.

A:Wireless adapter not working

Quote: Originally Posted by Morgancentral

My computer will not even load the wireless adapter it says This device has been disabled by the wireless button and cannot be enabled from the Wireless Assistent and I looked and not even loading it up.

I can't even connect to internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/290001-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

usually my adapter would sometimes get knocked off the modem and the internet would stop working and i'd have to go to network settings and reconnect and go through the whole long process. i right clicked the internet icon at the bottom right hand corner and saw "repair". being curious, i clicked it thinking it would automatically fix the connection problem. well.......boy was i wrong. it said it was disabling the adapter and in a panic, i took the adapter out of the laptop. when i put it back into the laptop, only one of the LED lights were on. then i went into "device manager" and saw that the BCM5701,Gigabit Ethernet had a yellow exclamation mark infront of it. how do i fix this??? i realy need to fix this quickly!!!!! thanks in advance for your kind help.

A:wireless adapter not working

The repair function disables and then re-enables thats how it fixes it.Re-installing the driver should fix the problem. http://download.cnet.com/BCM5701-Gigabit-Ethernet/3000-2112_4-71305.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working.995563/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have recently rebuilt my toshiba L750 PSK2YA OL702S laptop and are currently having issue with the wireless adapter

I downloaded the atheros drivers from the toshiba website and everytrhing appears to be working ok

However when I try ipconfig /all it does not appear

any advice would be appreciated

Thank You

Warwick Lyons

A:Wireless Adapter not working

Hey, you might try also clicking on the view, then 'show hidden device' and scroll down to the universal bus controller. check for conflicts there. hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working.1054273/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I recently installed a Linksys Wireless G-PCI adapter in my older desktop PC. It is showing up in the tray, but gives me the message "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you want windows to configure this wirless connection, start the wirelss zero configuration service. Article 871122 in microsoft knowledge base."

Does anyone have a solution for this? this adapter was in another computer of mine, and I just moved it to this one.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Wireless G-PCI Adapter Not Working

Have you tried the steps that are outlined in Article 871122 ??? If that failed what happened when you used the trouble shooting References?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-g-pci-adapter-not-working.530061/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have windows server 2012 r2 essentials on my laptop. Please help me how to enable wifi adaptor so that I can connect to wifi network. [Personal Information Removed]

Solved!
View Solution.

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W8.1 wireless card driver for that model wireless card. This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp71432.exe 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5334875
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I just bought a wireless adapter for my PC linkseys ae It s been approximately a week and the computer has been on most of the time roughly - hours of a day not in use the whole time however Then today when I booted up my computer the wireless adapter didn t turn on It s working.. adapter wireless New not like a little USB thingy and when i took it out it was extremely hot even though it wasn t doing anything I tried multiple USB slots as well to no avail What basically happens is I put in the CD-rom installation disk then when it prompts me I plug in the New wireless adapter not working.. adapter and then it takes me to the connect to network screen at this point the adapter has it s little wireless light blinking then I try to connect to network the light stops blinking and turns off and it just tries connecting to the network for an eternity anyways help would be much appreciated i spent on the darn thing Just say if you need any info about my computer and how I can find said info I m willing to send it back for a refund just it s a minute drive I want to make sure this isn t fixable first nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I just bought a new Linksys E1200 N speed router to help with my internet, since I share it with 8 other people. But after I got everything working, the internet was really slow, then it just kicked me off and said my adapter wasn't compatible. It's a Linksys rangeplus USB wireless adapter (WUSB100).

How can I get my adapter working with my router?

A:Wireless Adapter Not Working

Been reading a few other websites and a lot of people say the firewall on the router significantly damages speed. But if I turn it off won't that invite viruses? I still have my computer firewall but still.

Edit: So I think there's a firewall on the router, plus the network is password protected, I think my adapter has security too, and then there's my computer's firewall. Should I disable a couple of these?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working.1019323/
Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings,

Firstly I'm a total newbie when it comes to computers. So that said, here is my issue. My wireless was connected just fine earlier this morning. I put it in sleep mode as I headed out for an hour. Came back and it was not connected. I can't see my wireless adapter only my LAN adapter. Says it was never installed. I've browsed the forums and tried some of the advice given to others but no luck on my end. Will I have to take my machine apart to check the onboard card? Or what should I do next. My other devices are connected except my desktop. Thanks in advance.

-B

A:My wireless adapter was working....

Welcome Inthewake2011,
Sorry it has been so long to get to you for assistance , For starters, please go to device manager and make sure you do not have yellow caution on the driver for your network. If none, then go to your Network and Sharing program in Control Panel and have it config. itself to your internet provider . If this fails to fix your issue, please post back as other tests are in order at that point.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292797-my-wireless-adapter-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I just recently purchased a new Windows 8 PC that does not have a built in wi-fi adapter. I have a Zyxel G-220v3 wireless adapter that does not seem to want to work in my new PC (I know it is at least 4 years old.) When I plug it into the USB port in the front of the PC, nothing happens. When I open up the devices and printers tab (from the control panel), I see it listed under "unspecified" with an exclamation point next to it, stating that it "needs troubleshooting." I right click to troubleshoot and am given a message stating that the driver is not installed. I installed the driver, but it still gives the same error message. Do I need to just give in and buy a newer (compatible) wireless adapter? If so, can anyone recommend a wireless adapter that will be compatible with Windows 8?

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16313-my-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I work with a server with three POS workstations using Ascend bicycle POS we recently switched to ATT U-verse and got whatever modem router they gave us The three workstations retrieve all their information from the server database over the WAN that they connect through a built in other. not adapter like Wireless the working wirless card The server does not have a built in wirless card I have a WNA Wireless adapter not working like the other. N- Netgear adapter that works and the workstations can connect to the server but the signal strength is not good - so I went and got a WNA N- and the signal strength on that one is It works just like the N- Connects fine internet works but for some reason the workstations will Wireless adapter not working like the other. only connect with the N- so I cannot use the N- for anything but internet The workgroup is the same and they are connected to the same access point I am not sure what the networking problem is and why the workstations can connect over the router to the server using the N- but not the N- that works exactly the same Please Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working-like-the-other.1056539/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Canyon CNP-WF511 that just will not work.
It installed on Windows XP and ran fine but now windows
now installs the drivers and thats it. Nothing else. The
card doesn't appear on the list of network cards. Then
though after a few restarts it asks for the drivers again.
Also the card says it supports Windows Vista. So im
supposing that it will work on windows 7. My old graphics
worked of Vista drivers so I don't see why this card
can't. The computer does recognize that there is a card
though.

Any help?

A:Wireless Adapter not working

There are W7 drivers for your device here: Download drivers and software

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144939-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed an Alfa AWUS H wireless adapter on my Asus u f laptop It didn t work customer support said it must be a defective unit and return One not Wireless adapter working of Wireless adapter not working the troubleshooting steps I tried was disabling the regular wireless adapter I tried that and also uninstalling it Now I have uninstalled the Alfa driver utility and simply want my regular wireless to work again I tried reinstalling the driver automatically and also others i found on the net and none work They all say device is working properly but there is a red x on the tray icon and it says no connections and there is no list of networks in range like usual When I run the Windows troubleshooter it says there is a problem with the driver but offers no solution I tried system restore from multiple points but all say it can t restore possibly due to AV program So I uninstalled avast tried again and still can t get a restore I ve been playing with this for a couple hours and can t think of anything else to try For the record the ethernet connection works fine I hope I m not screwed really don t want to have to do a fresh install

Recheck your drivers and check this Driver Download site -Driver - ALFA Network 21 Aug 2012http://www.alfa.com.tw/in/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=AWUS036H&Category=105463#Installation << Driver install directions -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468473/wireless-adapter-not-working/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I adapter USB Wireless not working recently bought Wireless USB adapter not working this adapter Plugged the item into my desktop computer specs gigabyte p m-ud Radeon Windows -bit and it would automatically install the drivers BUT that's all it would do Then several minutes later it shoots me a popup saying quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it Asus n Network Adapter This operation returned because the timeout period expired quot Well apparently even after saying there was an error the driver installed anyways or so I think because when I check in network places the device showed up BUT it says disabled So I try and enable it It goes from enabling to enabled BUT the device still shows up as disabled I checked device manager updated to latest driver uninstalled driver reinstalled I even did a fresh install of Windows and it still gave me the quot timeout error quot I might also add that whenever I plug in the adapter everything is much slower Shutdown hangs startup hangs opening programs hangs etc I had windows troubleshooter check and it gave me the following response quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot I looked this up on google and found no help Then I tried it on my laptop Gateway P- fx and when I inserted the adapter WOW it worked everything was working fine internet goes But I don't understand why it won't work on my desktop The only reason I would think is the possible culprit is maybe MAYBE driver or hardware conflicts I'm not sure Any input would be nice Also I've heard about the kaspersky filter but I don't have kaspersky on my computer and I've looked through the forum with no luck Any input will be much appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:Wireless USB adapter not working

It looks like a USB port issue. Have you tried different ports? sounds trivial and i don't expect it to be a fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64042-wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Portege R835-P55X laptop with Windows 7 and recently the wireless will not work. It will try to connect to a network but will run the troubleshooter (and have no solutions) and then disconnect. The wireless adapter is a Intel Centrino n-1000 adapter and I have already uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers for it. After that did not work I replaced the adapter with at Intel Centrino 6230 adapter, but the problem is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 60.2%

I recently purchased a Tenda W U wireless adapter for a machine in a second room Plugged it in Windows loaded the drivers and it was good to go I set it up to be an RDP server was able to connect to it without issue The only problem I had with the Tenda adapter was the range amp power so I ended up adapter... RDP with working new wireless not replacing the Tenda with a TP-Link TL-WN N I downloaded the latest driver for the TP-Link adapter installed it and was able to connect to my DSL router and to the internet Connection solid good speeds The only problem is with the TP-Link adapter I cannot connect to this machine using RDP Everything else seems fine Is there something in the TP-Link driver that would kill RDP Any other ideas on what might be causing this When I plug the Tenda adapter back in I can again connect to this machine with RDP RDP not working with new wireless adapter... no problem I'm stumped Thanks in advance for any suggestions I've done a lot of googling and haven't found any clear solutions

A:RDP not working with new wireless adapter...

Nevermind...I'm a tool. The new wireless adapter had a different IP address, so I needed to re-apply the port forwarding rule to the new IP, in the router settings. Working now, woot! Thanks to all who peeked at my post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173412-rdp-not-working-new-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell XPS 400 desktop. I just purchased a Medialink MWN-150N Wireless N USB Adapter. I have never had wireless on this computer and I have always been hard lined directly to the router without any problems of connecting to the net. I installed the software, am able to connect to my network with full bars, but have limited/no activity. I unplugged everything and hooked up the modem 1st, router 2nd, and turned on the computer last, but no luck. I am still able to connect with the cable though. Please help. Thanks!

A:Wireless USB Adapter Not Working

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the manufacturer's web site.

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the route and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.1003461/
Relevancy 60.2%

i've recently been struggling with the wireless adapter (internal) now when i switch it on, it doesnt light up, i dont even get the message that'd let you know that the WLAN has been enabled/disabled. when i check on the device manager, under Network Adapter it says that the device its working properly. im running VISTA and i have a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.
if there's anything else you need to know please tell me,

Thanks In Advance

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I need help! Two days ago my wife's computer would not connect to wireless networks anymore. It said that "No connections are available". It used to tell us to turn the switch in the front of the computer on, however it is on. (Now it will not troubleshoot, I receive an error during troubleshooting). Further the device manager says the network adapter (Atheros AR9285) is working properly. I have spent two days trying everything that I can find on the internet without being able to resolve this problem. I know the wireless router is working properly because I am using it on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Your help is appreciated.

Hi Italifin, welcome to sevenforums. Do you have the wireles signal strength bars showing in the system tray at the bottom right? (It looks like 5 vertical bars of ascending sizes) If you do have it, is there a red X through it or a yellow circle?. If either of these, right click on it and select to "troubleshoot connection" and see what the troubleshooter comes up with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180913-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Afternoon All Hopefully someone can help me seemingly out of the blue my desktop PC would not connect to the internet Card Wireless & not working Help! adapter LAN wireless icon on bottom right of desktop has a red cross next to grey signal bars and it says not connected - no connections are available I have a n Wireless LAN card which is showing in Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working the device manager Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working it is enabled the blue wireless light on the front of the desktop tower is on I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software I have done Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working a system restore times on different restore points run the pc in safe mode everything but it still doesn t work windows is telling me the device is working correctly I thought it must be a dodgy card so I have just purchased a netgear wireless adapter in the hope that would work it installs the software and then says to plug in the adapter and when I do and follow the installation wizard it says the adapter is not found I have ensured the wireless card is disabled prior to doing this as I thought it may have interfered but still nothing I then thought maybe its my virus software BitDefender so I have just uninstalled it completely but still no joy I can t work out what is wrong please can someone help Many Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Wireless LAN Card & adapter not working

does it work at all if connected by a cable to the router ?
what windows version ?
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

can we see an xirrus screen shot
and an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-lan-card-adapter-not-working.1129938/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a D-Link wireless adapter (DWL-G122) that I have been trying to install on a Windows XP computer. After various uninstalls and reinstalls of the drivers and programs that come with it, I have found currently the best way to get it to work is leave the D-Link programs uninstalled and have Windows install the driver itself.

The problem is, it doesn't seem to keep the drivers on restarting, so every time the computer is restarted, it must be installed again. This is not ideal.

It occasionally worked when I installed from the CD, but the D-Link programs that would install with the drivers created problems of their own.

Is there anything that could be causing these drivers to be deleted every session? Or perhaps they are not being installed correctly by Windows?

The computer is running Windows XP SP3

A:Help: D-Link Wireless Adapter Not Working

Welcome to TSG.
What I might do is display the adapter in device manager.Go to the drivers tab.Note what library and driver are being pointed to.Is that the correct version driver? If not,I might go through the update driver script,and point to the driver and location that you want to use and see if that sticks over a re-boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-d-link-wireless-adapter-not-working.983911/
Relevancy 59.77%

My friend recently had me set up a wireless network for him. For a while, it was working fine, but recently his wireless adapter quit working. He has a Linksys router and an Encore adapter. Both computers are running XP Pro.
The reason we believe it is the adapter and not the connection is because the "Link" light on the adapter will not turn on and Windows tells us the device has malfunctioned. Windows suggests replacing the device, but we hope that a 2-month old device won't need to be replaced. Also, I am posting this message from another computer connected to his network, so it's not his internet connection.

Thank you for all your help.
P.S. my friend will be making a TechGuy profile soon and will be taking over this thread at that time.

A:Wireless Adapter Stopped Working

I'd simply call the manufacturer's tech support and get an RMA. Stuff dies all the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-stopped-working.549391/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys.

Last night when I turned on my computer for normal usage, the wifi lit wouldn't even turn on. Obviously it's not working.

I tried restarting the computer (which will generally solve the problem. Not this time), then I uninstalled the drivers, restarted the computer and reinstalled them again. And nothing seems to work.

The WLAN adapter is seen on the BIOS, and the Device Manager too. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I don't know what to do! any suggestions?

A:My wireless adapter stopped working

Is it a USB adapter? Try switching it in a different USB port. If its an internal adapter, try removing it and plugging it back in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-adapter-stopped-working.994047/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have my hp dv6 1152tx laptop but the wireless connection is not working after i updated it to windows 7 from vista. I have downloaded the latest driver update for win 7 driver pack sp45524 but still it is not working. i have tried check if the wifi is turned off from bios but i cannot find it there too.checked it on manage wireless network but it is saying my wireless is not enabled.Red cross on network in task bar.no icon of wifi in mobility centeri cannot even find my driver in device manager.i installed broadcom sp45524 but still nothing has worked.

A:Wireless network adapter not working DV6

Hi: See if installing this utility and restarting the PC allows you to turn on the wireless network adapter by using the software interface. This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant is a user application that provides a way to control the enablement of individual wireless devices (such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or WWAN devices) and that shows the state of the radios for these wireless devices. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe There is also a newer driver you can use for the BCM wireless card your notebook has... 5.100.82.139   Jul 13, 2012 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57965.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-network-adapter-not-working-DV6/td-p/5796883
Relevancy 59.77%

I've followed some on the steps provided on here, but I still can not connect to the internet via wireless option error message appears as "there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter" I've downloaded the latest version from the Dell support site and it still doesn't work. please help. I'm available to connect if I plug in the Ethernet cable directly to my laptop.

A:Wireless network adapter not working

Welcome jeccajo2013

Is there a button on the laptop that turns the wireless ON/OFF ? My step-daughter forgets to check this all the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310537-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I've had a Linksys wireless adapter for a little less than a year now with no problems. Recently it has ceased to work. When I plug it in to any USB port, the light on the adapter does not blink like it normally does, and I can't search for networks. The adapter doesn't even show up in the device manager. I don't understand why the device would all of a sudden stop working.

A:Linksys Wireless USB adapter not working

it may have just broken
if its not in device manager you could try re-installing the drivers you got with the device or downloading and copying onto the machine
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.670841/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I m usually fairly saavy and resourceful in getting a computer tech problem solved but am at my Not Working Adapter :-( End! At Wits Wireless USB wits end to get At Wits End! USB Wireless Adapter Not Working :-( this one solved I ve searched many posts for the answers and just when I think I m close the post dies So here s hoping the superior intellect of the Tech Support Guy users can save the day First the hardware Computer HP n specs here http h www hp com ewfrf wc p amp lang en OS Windows XP Added hardware New -port USB PCI card loaded and works just fine with all other USB devices iPod thumb drive printer etc Onboard USB ports are Device I m trying to install My Essential Belkin G USB Adapter http www myessentialssupport com p pid ME -USB The story do far I installed the My Essentials software and when asked to please At Wits End! USB Wireless Adapter Not Working :-( place the USB card in a USB port I place it in and get an error stating that the card did not install properly The driver is found and the computer recognizes the device as a quot My Essentials USB Adapter quot but gives the error At first I would receive a CODE saying the drivers would not load properly This error also then showed up for the onboard LAN as well yellow exclaimations on both adapters in device manager So thinking there might be some conflict between adapters I went into the bios and disabled the onboard LAN REALTEK Now after uninstalling the software rebooting and reinstalling I get a CODE error in the device manager telling me there is a problem with the USB Adapter The REALTEK onboard LAN no longer shows up a good thing I have done the uninstall reboot reinstall thing many times using the latest drivers from Belkin link shown above I cannot delete or uninstall the card in device manager I get an error saying quot Failed to uninstall device quot and that it may be required to boot the computer I went to the Bios to make sure no network related devices had anything to do with a boot sequence I ve tried booting in safe mode and installing from there I ve tried the Norton removal software to make sure any past antivirus software was not messing anything up Basically this seems to be some error relating to the drivers associated with networking I could really use some help and peace of mind and appreciate anything anyone can do to help me out Thank you for reading and your willingnes to help Jeremy nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I recently did a clean installation of Windows 7 Home Premium on an old laptop of mine. I installed the driver for the wireless adapter and everything started working fine. Now, however, it seems the wireless adapter has stopped working entirely, as in, it's not a driver issue. So far, I've tried reinstalling the drivers, starting windows in safe mode with networking, and then restoring the system to a point where I knew it had been working, and none of these have worked; which leads me to the conclusion that this is a hardware-based issue. So I'm just wondering about what possibilities there are for this sort of problem to exist?

A:Wireless Adapter has stopped working

Hi Pipman,
stupid questions really, if youve not got any problem devices in device manager,
Have you set the SSID and password?, turned it on

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395233-wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Without any apparent cause, my wireless card stopped working. I was/am worried that my network card is shot and needs to be replaced, but I have checked the Device Manager and it says all my Network devices are working properly.

Gateway FX Series Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram

Network Devices listed:
Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Any recommendations for help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Phillip

A:Wireless Adapter stopped working

Open a command prompt, Windows Key + R, type cmd and then type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284117-wireless-adapter-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I m using Windows XP service pack on a desktop computer After installing windows on a new formatted hard drive I installed my network adapter g usb and installed the software needed to run it Firstly it could detect the wireless network that I wanted to connect to so I clicked it and then clicked connect A small window popped up saying that it is trying to connect and detect the network type After a few seconds it says that it cannot connect and may be out of range but installed adapter but Wireless not 802.11g working there is nothing wrong with my router as I have tested it and it is only metres away from my adapter Now I added my wireless connection to preferred connections and typed in the SSID the WEP key to see if that made any difference I went back to scan for wireless connections but it still wouldnt connect This time when I scanned the wireless network it told me that it is automatic so it should automatically connect but even when i tried to connect no window appeared asking for a password and just tried to connect After waiting for about minutes it Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working stopped trying to connect and so I looked for more solutions I went to device manager to update driver but it is the latest version I tried to roll back driver but it said there arent any files to back it up so neither of these worked Then I clicked on change advance settings by clicking on view wireless networks and then configure Here I clicked on the tab advanced and changed the property IBSS default b mode from disable to Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working enable while my firewall was switched off At this stage when I view wireless connections my network would say Not Connected rather than Automatic and I would be able to access the internet but not at full speed Then I click on change the order of preferred networks which is also after clicked on view wireless connections and click properties after selecting my network This would bring up another window and then I clicked on a tab named Authentication Under this tab I change the top property to its opposite ie from off - on or on - off which then when I clicked view wireless connections my wireless network would be shown as connected Although you may think that there should be no problem here I decided to go off and ruin it by trying to make it go faster Being me I did something stupid I went to preferred wireless networks and Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working I added and identical network to the one I was connected to to see if i would receive double the packets in the same amount of time After i did that it disconnected and i tried to repeat all my steps before from uninstalling and reinstalling but it will not connect at all Any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless adapter 802.11g installed but not working

802.11n can be problematic especially in compatibility with other vender's devices. 11g should be easy.

You need to use a WIRED connection to configure your WiFi router;
find the WiFi settings
set the channel
set the SSID (don't use the default!)
leave encryption off (set this latter)
and set the mode {a,b,g,n} to match your systems WiFi device
save the settings
CHANGE the admin password and save again
Now disconnect the wired connection and enable the WiFi device;
Look for your SSID and connect.

Once this works, then you can get back into the router (wired connection)
and set the encryption (WPA2) should be your first choice and WEP the last.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-802-11g-installed-but-not-working.127999/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently did a clean installation of Windows 7 Home Premium on an old laptop of mine. I installed the driver for the wireless adapter and everything started working fine. Now, however, it seems the wireless adapter has stopped working entirely, as in, it's not a driver issue. So far, I've tried reinstalling the drivers, starting windows in safe mode with networking, and then restoring the system to a point where I knew it had been working, and none of these have worked; which leads me to the conclusion that this is a hardware-based issue. So I'm just wondering about what possibilities there are for this sort of problem to exist?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395233-wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've got a Dell inspiron n4010 laptop running Windows 7. It recently got a virus which I believe I removed. The problem now is that it cannot connect to the internet. I do not see the adapter in device manager and attempts to identify it or install drivers for it causes the laptop to crash. I have tried using a repair disk and connecting to wifi through a usb adapter but all attempts have failed.

I am thinking of just replacing the wireless adapter. Based on this what is your opinion of the following?
1) Do you think this will solve my problem
2) How do I determine which cards are compatible with this device?

Thanks,
Matt

A:Wireless adapter not working. Replacement?

I've got a Dell inspiron n4010 laptop running Windows 7Click to expand...

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell?

Is it running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

It recently got a virus which I believe I removed. The problem now is that it cannot connect to the internet. I do not see the adapter in device manager and attempts to identify it or install drivers for it causes the laptop to crashClick to expand...

We don't know the nature of the virus and how you believe you removed it, so my guess at this point is that the Windows operating system is damaged.

Are you unable to connect both wireless and ethernet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-not-working-replacement.1153967/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I just purchased a Pendo Pad 10.1 running Windows 10. I tried to connect it to my home WiFi and found that there was no option for this although researched proved there should be. When I troubleshoot it said that there is a driver or hardware problem with the Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter. I factory reset the tablet and the problem still persists. I've tried to find the drivers online but haven't been able to and I'm not sure how to find the right ones when the tablet wont connect to the internet. When I purchased it I was told that it had been used very briefly and was factory reset, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem. If you know where I could find the drivers online or another way of fixing the problem please let me know.

Device Status
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Driver Version: 5.93.102.19

A:New Pendo Pad Wireless Adapter not Working

Hi,
we have exactly the same issue reported here
see post #9
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-driver-needed-urgently-please.1164776/
Thank you all for reply. After contacting Pendo, I;m told that this particular model of PendoPad looses WiFi drivers after a reset. So Pendo has had quite a few very unhappy customers with the same problem, they also tell me that Microsoft is aware of the problem, and a will eventually, maybe, in the near future ,hopefully soon have a solution.
Pendo will replace my PendoPad with a comparable one if Microsoft is unable help.
So, how long should I wait?Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pendo-pad-wireless-adapter-not-working.1165084/
Relevancy 59.77%

Winows se HP xe laptop linksys stopped working wireless adapter wpc g wireless adapter Was working fine On booting up yesterday got message quot wireless adapter stopped working Your network adpter is not working properly You may need to set it up again quot Have tried uninstalling drivers removing device in device manager Then reinstalling drivers first then the card itself as per the instructions Get part of the way through then it asks me to insert windows se cd When I do it says it cannot find file iphlpapi dll And so that s where I m stuck Running search I do have file iphlpapi dll on my computer at c windows vcm But if I type that in it is still no good Have tried downloading iphlpapi dll from the internet but then I get message cannot find services Have tried restoring the registry to a time when it was working but it still doesn t work Have tried a different pci adapter slot - no difference Haven t got another laptop to see if it s the card at fault nbsp

A:wireless adapter stopped working

nick reynolds said:

Winows 98se, HP xe2 laptop, linksys wpc54g wireless adapter.

Was working fine. On booting up yesterday, got message "Your network adpter...is not working properly. You may need to set it up again"

Have tried uninstalling drivers, removing device in device manager. Then reinstalling, drivers first then the card itself as per the instructions. Get part of the way through then it asks me to insert windows98se cd. When I do it says it cannot find file iphlpapi.dll. And so that's where I'm stuck. Running search I do have file iphlpapi.dll on my computer at c:\windows\vcm. But if I type that in it is still no good. Have tried downloading iphlpapi.dll from the internet but then I get message cannot find services.

Have tried restoring the registry to a time when it was working but it still doesn't work.

Have tried a different pci adapter slot - no difference.
Haven't got another laptop to see if it's the card at fault.Click to expand...

Hi Nick,

I have my old Win98SE disk slaved to my WinXP Pro SP2 and found iphlpapi.dll in what would be: C:\Windows\System

Faced with your situation, I would try to copy the file from C:\Windows\vcm to C:\Windows\System and try to resume what you are doing to completion.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-stopped-working.426574/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently I bought a D-link wireless adapter DWA- Wireless N Nano USB XP not adapter DWA-131 D-Link with working Wireless to put into an old Compaq computer I have The D-link adaptor software loads fine but it doesn't seem to interface with this version of XP Its clear that the adaptor itself is working because I have tested it with my current computer and its fine Picks up wifi and I can browse online When I load it onto my old compaq it asks at some point D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP whether I want to scan for D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP connections and it picks up my wireless connection no problem Its just that when its done the connection has a red cross next to it indicating that its not connecting Anyway I have attached some screenshots that explain what I D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP have done much better than these words Have a quick look at the processes I have been through I'd be amazed if anyone can help me with this one Also this version of XP seems to be customised in small ways for compaq and one of the things that I have never been able to get work was the wireless connection - which I always assumed was just the wireless card not working I never worried because I got it from the warehouse at work

A:D-Link DWA-131 Wireless adapter not working with XP

There is a firmware update for the DWA-131 here which may help:
DWA-131: Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter - Technical support D-Link

There are three listed, but for Windows you need the last one (DWA-131 Firmware v1.20).

The device uses a Realtek driver because it's chipset is made by Realtek.
It's not unusual for device manufacturer's to use chipsets made by a well-established third party, especially where wireless devices are concerned.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/d-link-dwa-131-wireless-adapter-not-working-with-xp-639281.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello and thanks for reading My problem is the following I have a Gateway Laptop model MT pre-installed with Windows Vista I formatted down to XP because quite frankly I dont like Vista I found and reinstalled all my drivers correctly aside from the wireless adapter The adapter I have is the following Realtek RTL SE I have gone to the manufactures website the the Gateway website and made sure I downloaded the XP drivers I install them reboot because the installation asks adapter working Solved: not Wireless me to and when I go to Device Manager it appears as if I Solved: Wireless adapter not working hadn t installed the drivers at all It tells me The drivers for this hardware are not installed click Install Drivers to install them I click and the pop up window says quot Failed to install drivers quot Do I have to go back to Vista Is there a way I can get that wireless card working keeping XP Thanks a lot for your time If you need more specs of the parts or the laptop itself I will post if necessary Thanks again for your time nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, my issue is that my Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter isn't working correctlyIn device manaher it says for device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful. And i have no clue what to do. I have already tried reinstalling and uninstalling the driverIt doesn't matter what version the driver is on Also restarting the laptop does not help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5721315
Relevancy 59.77%

yeah well it did!!!

it suddenly cant even detect any wireless networks....

what to do?

A:wireless adapter just stopped working

What kind of adapter? PCI card, PCMCIA card, USB, internal, external.
What does Device Manager show for the adapter?
What does ipconfig /all show for the adapter.
Can you connect by ethernet cable with no problems?
Could be corrupted drivers. The adapter has died. TCP/IP stack problems.

Lifted from a post by JohnWill

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

If you think experts are expensive, wait until you see what amateurs cost you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-just-stopped-working.813724/
Relevancy 59.77%

I use Toshiba Satellite L645-S4056. I lost my recovery partition so i installed windows 7 from another DVD. Previously my laptop had home premium but i installed ultimate with a DVD. After installing computer doesnot detect any Network adapter. It doesnot even show wireless adpater in device manager so i cannot install specific driver. I went to toshiba website downloaded an exe file that install wireless driver specific to my model but still it does not recognize. While troubleshooting it says cannot detect any properly installed network adapter. Is it because of home premium and ultimate conflict ?? How do get proper driver and install it ?? Please help ASAP !! Thanks in advance

A:Wireless Adapter driver not working .

Did the Network Adapter get installed when you tried to install it? If not then did you get any message regarding success or failure about your efforts?

I think that things should work if you use your original Home Premium DVD that was supplied by Toshibs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230670-wireless-adapter-driver-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i have never had any problems connecting wirelessly to internet. when i attempted to access wi-fi internet at hotel with laptop, i got the error message "no wireless networks available". The Vista help support suggested that i may need to update my driver, but when i attempted to do so, it stated that my driver had most recent updates. Can someone please help, or clarify why my laptop is not recognizing the available network?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have recently set up a wireless network using the Belkin N Wireless router The router s connection to the internet is fine and all three of the laptops connected to the network are able to access the internet As my PC did not come with a wireless card I am using the Belkin N Wireless adapter supplied with the router After initially installing the provided software and plugging in the N Adapter Wireless working Belkin not adapter I could not find my home network using the Belkin Wireless Utility I could only see several secure local networks indicating that the adapter at least was working However after uninstalling and reinstalling the software Windows refuses to identify the adapter with a system tray window stating that a device that I have plugged in has malfunctioned and directing me to the USB root hub which defines the adapter as an unknown device furthermore the Belkin software now displays no connections whatsoever In addition the LED on the adapter is not on when it is plugged in I am running Windows XP SP Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have trawled the internet and exhausted my own ideas as to what the problem could be After emailing Belkin I was twice sent an automated response telling me to disable WLANcfg exe although I can t find any such program in the system directory or elsewhere nbsp

A:Belkin N Wireless Adapter not working

"... the LED on the adapter is not on when it is plugged in."

Assuming that's a power LED, that could be a dead adapter. Plug it into a USB in another computer and see if the power LED comes on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n-wireless-adapter-not-working.631510/
Relevancy 59.77%

My cable company said my wireless adapter on my laptop does not work and isn't picking up a signal. They believe I may need to reinstall the wireless driver. I have a hp G60-535-dx and I recently updated Windows 7 and don't know if that caused the problem. My other laptop is a windows Vista and will connect to the internet and they both share a wireless router, however the windows 7 laptop will not connect to the internet. What is the best way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 59.77%

I tried looking around for a solution but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue to mine. I just bought an ASUS usb n53 wireless adapter. I was previously using a Rosewill wireless adapter just before I installed the new one and everything with my connection was fine. After I downloaded the drivers off the disc and tried to open the utility program for the adapter I get this message: Wireless Lan Control Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Not sure what I need to do at this point. Thanks in advance for the help. Just let me know any info you need for me and I'll post back asap.

A:Wireless adapter has stopped working

I tried going to the ASUS website and downloading newer versions of the utility and drivers but to no avail. I also tried turning off my anti virus software but that didnt work either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.188388/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all
I have an orange wireless adapter that worked fine with my old orange livebox but doesn't work for the new one. The green light on the adapter is solid and not flashing like it should be. Do I need to configure something or set it to the new livebox somehow? I haven't got a clue. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Wireless adapter not working for new Livebox

Try looking through this FAQ
http://zxon.notnet.co.uk/orange/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-not-working-for-new-livebox.113149/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a desktop pc that the ethernet card died in so i just went and bought a belkin wireless usb adapter it just does not work If i reset my modem it works for one second then stops it used usb working wireless Belkin adapter not to hang on waiting for Belkin wireless usb adapter not working network when trying to connect now i have gotten it to connect but it goes to limited conectivity I have disabled my onboard network card ive removed all networks on my wireless list i have run the network connection wizard ive done TCP IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock Belkin wireless usb adapter not working reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log i have tried turning off the security on router ive tried to change the channel ive tried changing the name on router i am able to connect all my other laptops and wireless gadgets to this router HELPPPPPP nbsp

A:Belkin wireless usb adapter not working

Ever considered the device may be faulty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-wireless-usb-adapter-not-working.118422/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently have been going thru the network wars Finally replaced my wireless router New one set up fine one laptop connects the other will NOT It s not seeing any routers at all I am Built-In Working? Adapter Not Wireless fixing to try a pcmcia wireless adapter on that computer with the internal wireless turned off to see if I can see the network It s the card that the working laptop does use I even turned off trend micro internet security to see if the firewall was blocking access somehow Is there a way to reinstall or refresh Built-In Wireless Adapter Not Working? the built in adapter How do I tell if that s what the problem is It Built-In Wireless Adapter Not Working? s a gateway laptop running vista home Internet is dsl and the new wireless router is a Rosewill N router with b g compatibility I did verify that the router IS broadcasting etc and as I said one laptop is connecting wirelessly A desktop is connecting with a cat cable Thanks nbsp

A:Built-In Wireless Adapter Not Working?

Interesting - it's the distance that is the problem. When I took the connecting laptop out into the living room, it can't find the network any more. When I brought the non working laptop in the same room with the router it connects.

I live in a flippin' trailer! Single wide! There's not a whole lot of distance...

I have never had this problem before. Suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/built-in-wireless-adapter-not-working.860113/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I reformatted my father s laptop upgrading the OS from Vista to Windows but now the wireless network adapter isn t working Basically the laptop doesn t know that it has wireless In device manager there is an exclamation mark against the quot Atheros AR UG Wireless Network Adapter quot entry I ve tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it restarting the computer updating the network Wireless not working since adapter reformat driver etc but it always fails to install the driver correctly I don t know for sure the model of the network adapter windows tells me it s atheros but I m not convinced seeing as the driver always fails to install so I can t go to the manufacturer Wireless network adapter not working since reformat s website to download the latest drivers I opened up the laptop but couldn t see any brand names on the network card I don t have the cd s with the drivers on them Any help would be greatly appreciated If someone happens to know or can find out what network card I have so that I can install the latest drivers or if someone knows why the driver windows has found is not installing properly then please let me know I m currently connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable Thanks James Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card VIA Chrome HC IGP WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Notebook MIM VT A nbsp

A:Wireless network adapter not working since reformat

The adapter is not compatible with Windows 7.
Or least there is no driver supported from Atheros for Windows 7

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-not-working-since-reformat.1015628/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I recently installed Win DP on an older dell laptop will On Adapter Not Install Wireless Fresh Working list the specs below and all went well except the built in wireless adapter wont work I install a plug in wireless adapter in the mean time In device manager it shows that the wireless adapter dont have driver or has an exclamation mark I went to dell website and download the driver in a folder and tried to update the driver but to no avail This is my second win install and my first install had wireless issues but i was able to restart the network and it fixed that issue but not on this one The wireless card has always worked and it worked just before i install win i had windows ultimate Wireless Adapter Not Working On Fresh Install on before I am sure that i have the wirelss turned on ctl f All help is appreciated Dell inspiron Laptop Ghz intel single core processor gb hard drive Fujitsu rpm Optical drive quot LCD monitor

A:Wireless Adapter Not Working On Fresh Install

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

i would recommend you to check this out, and try to download the newest LAN driver or chipset

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/3760-wireless-adapter-not-working-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 58.91%

In using the D-Link DWL-G132 Wireless USB Adapter on Windows 7 (64 bit)

My wireless adapter has been working for about two weeks but then radomlly the computer didn't recognise the adapter. When I tried to re-install the driver from the disc the installshield wizard pops up then disappears without reaching a set-up menu. What shoud I do?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi folks I've upgraded my PC to Windows Home Premium today from Win wireless (W7 adapter upgrade) not Netgear working XP Pro and now the wireless network adapter does not work The adapter is a Netgear WG v I've tried downloading the drivers from the Netgear site - both those for the v and the newer drivers for the v and neither have fixed the issue I've used the Win troubleshoot feature to install this driver it is Netgear wireless adapter not working (W7 upgrade) meant to be included within Win but this does not work either I've also tried plugging the ethernet cable that normally goes directly into the back of my Netgear router into the PC in order to provide Win with internet access However this has not worked with Netgear wireless adapter not working (W7 upgrade) the connection apparently not recognised by the computer I've tried to update the drivers for my PC's motherboard to remedy this but have been unable to find any that are compatible with this version of Windows The motherboard is MSI n Windows troubleshooter shows missing drivers for the following Multimedia Audio Controller two of these PCI Input Device Ethernet Controller What I'm banking on is that an internet connection will enable Win to locate drivers for all of these but I am currently unable to make this happen The internet connection is running fine and the wireless router Netgear wireless adapter not working (W7 upgrade) is broadcasting the signal properly I am accessing it right now via my laptop I hope I've explained this clearly but please let me know if you need any more info to help me with this problem Thanks in advance

A:Netgear wireless adapter not working (W7 upgrade)

I would think, that with all that legacy hardware, perhaps your best bet would be to borrow (friend, relative, neighbor) a more current USB wireless adapter and see if you can get that to work with Win7 and possibly check your theory about Widows Updates. Or alternately just bite the bullet and purchase a more current card or usb device yourself that has Win 7 drivers or native compatability. Go here for info Windows 7 Compatibility Center home

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50234-netgear-wireless-adapter-not-working-w7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I get the Code 12 error when I look at my wireless PCI adapter in my desktop computer's device manager. I am running windows vista home premium. It is brand new so nothing is installed, just drivers and software for a BIOS update that I tried and failed. The whole error says "this device cannot find enough resources that it can use" and below it also says "If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." I've disabled some ethernet ports and I think there are some ghost drives or something that I don't see...But i don't know how to take care of that, and I went into my setup for the BIOS and I really didn't see anything to change on the BIOS, so what do i do? the software didn't work.

A:Wireless Adapter isn't working, error Code 12

Is this of any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-isnt-working-error-code-12.742141/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey I have a laptop that just got given to me and the internet is working through the Ethernet cable but is not through the wifi connection. I know that the router is working (I have my phone hooked up) I checked the drivers and updated them, uninstalled the adapter and let it be put back on its self. I have rolled back the drivers and updated it. I have tried a system restore point also. The laptop has connected to the internet through wifi before.. Still a red "X". I'm getting a little irritated

A:Wireless Adapter says it's working but does not detect any network

What adapter is in your device manager? That laptop shipped with intel and atheros adapters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362909-wireless-adapter-says-its-working-but-does-not-detect-any-network.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi me again, I posted on here about 3 months ago after buying a new wireless network adapter that wasn't working and managed to sort it out. But now after getting a new motherboard etc and having to reinstall it, it's having the same problems it had before (Here's the old post - http://forums.techguy.org/networking/957125-wireless-network-adapter-wont-find.html) I tried following the steps in the same way I did before and i've got to the point no where i've restarted my pc after doing the command prompts, but this time Xirrus didn't pick up my wireless adapter or any networks etc. I don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Dazz, x

Relevancy 58.91%

I recently restored my PC well actually just reformatted the hard drive and loaded windows back onto it I only had the disk with the driver software for my motherboard And not for my graphics card and WLAN card I knew my WLAN card wasn't working because the driver softare was lost in the reformatting so I brought my computer downstairs and plugged it into the ethernet I downloaded the drivers for my graphics card and it worked fine then I moved on to getting the drivers for my WLAN card I wasn't sure what driver to download so I opened up my computer and took the WLAN card out I found the model but there were no drivers for that model so I tried a few different adapter Wireless system restore. LAN not working after ones and they all said that my WLAN card is disabled when I researched how to enable it on google I found nothing I went to the device manager and under networking devices I only found the gigabit ethernet adapter but under other catagory I found quot network controller quot and it had a yellow sign I thought that that could be my WLAN card and apparently windows couldn't find the driver for the quot network controller quot that Wireless LAN adapter not working after system restore. i saw on Wireless LAN adapter not working after system restore. the device manager So in conclusion to this super long forum thread I have no idea how to fix my WLAN card and need any help I can get I entered my computer info when I registered on the forums so I'm not going to put it here if anyone needs it though I'd be happy to give it to you Wireless LAN card Ralink wireless PCI adapter the chip number Id is RT

A:Wireless LAN adapter not working after system restore.

I have actually researched this model of LAN card, and the only thing I am finding on it is for Linux. i do not see anything for windows.

I looked on the companies website and i seen this version to be close:

Ralink-A MEDIATEK COMPANY.

It may not work, but try that out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241123-wireless-lan-adapter-not-working-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 58.91%

MY SMCWUSB-N2 wireless adapter no longer works after the windows 10 update. I have tried to download a new driver but says there is not one available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/smc-wireless-adapter-not-working-after-windows-10-update/td-p/5804236
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi. I recently upgraded to windows 7 professional, and now my network adapter does not work. I have a Linksys WMP54Gv4 wireless network adapter. I checked with Linksys and apparently they don't have windows 7 drivers yet. If anyone knows of any fixes or ways to get around this problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks

A:linksys wmp54g wireless adapter not working

Hi,

Install the driver in compatibility mode for Vista. If that doesn't work, I'll show you how to manually force install in the device manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/41735-linksys-wmp54g-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

HP wireless adapter driver quit working
On an HP running Vista, the blue light on the front of the laptop went out and after following several help screens about drivers, I simply rebooted and all was well. A few days later the problem returned, I tried the trouble shooting screens again to no avail, and then rebooted. That did not work this time. I was sent to the Intel site and their wireless adapter tool had an error in the script.

I have downloaded the HP driver and tried to uninstall and install it several times... rebooting in between... to no avail and no blue light!

HELP needed! Desperately!
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-wireless-adapter-driver-quit-working.798774/
Relevancy 58.91%

the weird thing is that it used to work! then i uninstalled it to try a newer wireless adapter but it didnt work for some reason, so i took it back to the store and now my old one doesnt work either. yes i know there is a thread on this site exactly for my product and OS but the steps mentioned do not work for me and i dont know why. i am at the end of my tether! please help!!

A:Belkin g wireless f5d7050 adapter not working

It may help to remove the device from the computer then uninstall the old drivers from Device Manager and reboot. After it boots up insert the device and let Windows find drivers for it automatically.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/59262-belkin-g-wireless-f5d7050-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys n gals Just moved back home for christmas and we ve moved house This means I cant plug my pc into the router directly since there is broadband socket in my Desktop connection adapter - not :( wireless USB working? room We ve set up the Desktop wireless connection - USB adapter not working? :( broadband and it all works using BT Home hub v with BT Broadband unlimited All the other laptops work wirelessly on the network including my dads desktop connected wireless via a linksys wireless usb adapter So I come home today and Desktop wireless connection - USB adapter not working? :( go out and buy a USB adapter so I can connect wirelessly to the nextwork I bought a Belkin F D N Enhanced Wireless USB Network Adapter since it was a good price and I trust Belkin Get back home insert the disc It goes through the install and finishes I restart my pc plug in the usb adapter and well it doesnt work Look in device manager and aparently my device is not recongised aka the cd didnt install anything I install the drivers manually searching in the disc and it seems like it works Connect to my wireless network and everything goes ok all systems go i thought I have a good steady bars of signal but it seems I cant connect to most internet applications apart from Skype weird all my browsers say page cannot be found etc So I right click my wireless device and click troubleshoot It goes through it all and reports The DNS server isn t responding Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist Weird eh Next thing I do is to update drivers tried that and it did nothing rubbish Still doesnt work Restarted the router as well restarted my pc Nothing works I also tried to get to my admin page but says page cannot be displayed again Just to repeat this is only on my desktop with this usb adapter My nc netbook works fine Please take a look any help will be amazing OS Windows ultimate Ipconfig all Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node type Hybrid IP routing No WINS Proxy No DNS Suffix search list home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network connection Connecting-specific dns suffix home Description Belkin enhanced wireless usb adapter Physical address - - -f - - DHCP Enabled yes Autoconfig enabled yes Link-local ipv address fe ed da fdc lt Preferred gt ipv address lt Preferred gt Subnet mask Lease obtained dec Lease Expires dec Default gateway DHCP Server DHCP IAID DHCPv Client DVID - - - - - -AA- - B- - - DNS Servers NetBIOSover Tcpip Enabled nbsp

A:Desktop wireless connection - USB adapter not working? :(

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-wireless-connection-usb-adapter-not-working.886105/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok first off I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix this problem. This post is a last ditch effort to fix the problem. The laptop is an HP. The network adapter is having the common problem of being unable to connect to secured wireless networks. I know this is a common problem and I HAVE tried everysingle suggestion posted on this forum, including but not limited to: reinstalling drivers, making sure the adapter is configured for the appropriate gateway and even doing a full restore to factory defaults. NOTHING has worked. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated. Also I have tried many things that I cannot remember butif you suggest them I will know if I have already tried them. Feel free to make suggestions. Obviously this is beyond my capabilities and am open to ANY suggestion. Thanks in advance.

A:Atheros Ar5007 802.11b/g Wireless Adapter Not Working

can you post an ipconfig /all

I will post the script for that adapter here , just confirm you have done ALL suggestions please
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atheros-ar5007-802-11b-g-wireless-adapter-not-working.1070999/
Relevancy 58.91%

On an HP Pavillion running Vista, the blue light on the front of the laptop went out and after following several help screens about drivers, I simply rebooted and all was well. A few days later the problem returned, I tried the trouble shooting screens again to no avail, and then rebooted. That did not work this time. I was sent to the Intel site and their wireless adapter tool had an error in the script.

Before the last reboot I unistalled the Microsoft wireless adapter. (Yes, the slider switch is in the correct postion.)

And finally, I used sytem recovery to rollback to Jan 1, the last Microsoft update.

It seems I need to reinstall the adapter and get a new driver and I have had no success doing either.

Jim

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I had an HP Pavillion for a number of years and last week I found myself unable to connect to the network nbsp This was the first in a long line of events that ended up with the computer completely dying - wireless HP Brand working adapter not new Envy and me having to buy a new one nbsp I now have a brand new HP Envy notebook and EXACTLY the same is happening nbsp I've been through Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working all the recommended steps on the self help guide on here made sure all the wireless drivers are up to date and the troubleshooter is coming up with the Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working following nbsp Problem with wireless adapter or access pointA cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken nbsp Thankfully I'm able Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working to connect via an ethernet lead but this is obviously not a fix nbsp Why would this happen on a brand new computer and be an identical issue to what I had on my old computer the wifi and router are working fine in general other devices connect with no problems nbsp Please can someone help me I have a lot of work to do this weekend and the helpline isn't open until Monday Please bear in mind that whilst I'm confident in using a computer I'm not at all confident in doing back end stuff and working with registry keys or anything like that nbsp I'd appreciate some guidance Thank you nbsp Caroline

A:Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working

CarolineDBC Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your WiFi not working on your new PC and wanted to help.Since this is a relatively new machine, instead of struggling for hours to fix it yourself, why not just let HP fix it -- for free!!  You should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Brand-new-HP-Envy-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5586961
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have a F D v Belkin Wireless N USB Wireless Network Adapter which im having problems with in windows -bit I have tried the following steps in order to try to adapter working Belkin windows for not wireless 7 make this adapter work Downloaded and installed the latest drivers Run the disc which came with the adapter in vista compatibility mode and normally Installed the drivers from the disc directly from the windows driver install wizard from the device manager Just connect the adapter and let windows install the drivers without a disc or program but this failed and said quot Drivers could not be sucessfully installed quot All these steps have been attempted and none of these work The problem I have been getting is that the drivers would install all fine and windows would detect the wireless adapter and the adapter would light up but the problem is when I go to enable it in the adapter settings I click enable and it says quot Enabled quot but it doesn't change it to enabled it stays at disabled so there is no way i can get the adapter to work I have tried other wireless adapters like the Netgear WN some dual rangemax netgear adapter and a TL wn g and all have failed to work with my computer so im starting to think that there is something wrong with my computer and not the adapters I am in desperate need of help so if anyone here knows how I could fix this please post here ASAP I would highly appreciate your help and effort

A:Belkin wireless adapter not working for windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by DeadlyCheese

I have tried 3 other wireless adapters like the Netgear WN111, some dual rangemax netgear adapter and a TL wn321g and all have failed to work with my computer

Welcome to SF, DailyCheese. Can you get anything to work on your usb port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/107360-belkin-wireless-adapter-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi nbsp I've got an Acer Aspire S - running Windows bit and I recently updated my wireless network adapter Atheros AR BMD to the latest version as recommended by Acer's website nbsp After updating the driver I can no longer connect to my home wifi nbsp When I try to connect I get the message that no wireless connections are available even though all my other devices can see the wifi network and when I diagnose the problem it says that there might be a problem with the wireless network adapter and that windows couldn't automatically bind the ip stack protocol nbsp I've tried uninstalling the new driver and reinstalling the old one and running a system restore to before installing the new driver both with no luck nbsp When I try to manually configure a wireless connection I get an unexpected error ocurred adapter a... Acer network not working S3-391 wireless message nbsp I have automatic DNS and IP address set and when I look at Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a... my ipconfig Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a... IP DNS DHCP etc all have addresses nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer S3-391 wireless network adapter not working a...

And just by playing around I managed to stumble across a solution.  When I looked up the properties of my wireless network adapter, I disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP and now everything's working great.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-S3-391-wireless-network-adapter-not-working-after-driver/td-p/392274/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

Specs Windows Vista Ultimate RED Edition bit PSU Coller Master Watts adapter Belkin Not Desktop Working Wireless N1 for GPU PNY NVIDIA GTX Sound Creative Labs Fatal ty Edition the first one not the new version CPU Intell Core Duo ghz MoBo Belkin N1 Wireless adapter for Desktop Not Working ASUS P N-E SLI RAM OZC Gold edition gigs HDD Gig Seagate Opitical Stock CD DVD Read only Samsung I have to have this desktop wireless wireing it is simply not an option so please don t post saying to wire it I purchesed the Belking N Desktop Wireless Adapter mainly becouse I have always had good luck with their products and they are generally rated fairlly high I have installed the device as per Belkin N1 Wireless adapter for Desktop Not Working the included directions I have called Belkin and had the device replaced I have called them and installed as they described and any which way in between Nothing as worked I can get it to work for a short while and than it will lock my pc up and or cause it crash on end The only remedy is to roll back the OS and take it out Belkin keeps telling me that it is fine the adapter but that is bs if you ask me I am currently using the pre-n version of that same adapter but it is not compatible with vista although it does still work on it I am pretty sure that the pre-n version is not in any way compatible with vista service pack and most likly not at all with windows Any ideas from anyone as a possible solution And yes I have updated the firmware and used that version nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Rosewill RNX-N250PCe Wireless Adapter which doesn't work. I did as the quickstart guide said: Install drivers from cd, shut down, install card, and then reboot. The Network and Sharing Center says no connections are available and windows troubleshooter says there is a problem with the Wireless Adapter Driver. I tried updated drivers from Rosewill's website, still nothing. At this point I'm about ready to give up. If anyone has any advice or would like additional information, please post a reply. Thanks.

A:Rosewill RNX-N250PCe Wireless Adapter Not Working

would you do the following
Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or VistaClick on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
For Windows 8If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here How To Open Device Manager in Windows 8 & 8.1
Once you are in device manager then navigate to:
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a Xpost a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XPHold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
For windows Vista or Windows 7you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool
For Windows 8you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/rosewill-rnx-n250pce-wireless-adapter-not-working-764202.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an HP dv6-6c10us laptop with a Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter.  It worked fine on Win 7.  When I upgraded to Win 10, it stopped working.  The driver has not been updated since 6/2/13. Until the driver gets updated by Broadcom or HP, this computer is now a desktop. Any suggestions on how to get the wireless adapter doing under Windows 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-dv6-6c10us-Broadcom-802-11n-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5795102
Relevancy 58.91%

The Hp controller driver is not found n the system. The device details are: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C&REV_01PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103CPCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280 Please, link me to the driver for this network card.Thank you.

A:Network adapter not working, wireless button on Hp 655 AMD E...

Hi: Below is the driver you need for the wireless card. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-123851-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-adapter-not-working-wireless-button-on-Hp-655-AMD-E1/td-p/3505649
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I ve been an Xbox user ever since it came out therefore I have bought many accessories among them the Wireless G Adapter I recently updated the system with the latest Xbox Dashboard OS the Kinect-ready one and my wireless sucked It took about minutes to load a minute video I N?! Xbox Wireless with adapter G 360 working Solved: decided to check on the networking settings and since it had been updated the wireless networked detected at the moment were shown right away I have a Netgear DualBand N router and it broadcasts two networks at two different signals the first one Wireless G at Mbps GHz and the second one Wireless N at Mbps GHz When I checked on the detected signals the Xbox was showing the N signal which doesn t make sense at all I tried connecting and it didn t only connect but improved the wireless data transfer Could anyone explain me this dilemma I know it sounds Solved: Xbox 360 Wireless G adapter working with N?! absurd but I have checked the connection about four times already and the router does recognize it in the N network nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

please share me wireless LAN Drivers for mentioned above model laptop..

A:Is it working wireless LAN adapter in windows 7 64bit, hp 15...

Hi: You need these W7 wireless and bluetooth drivers for the model wlan card your notebook has... The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72879.exe This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72617.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Is-it-working-wireless-LAN-adapter-in-windows-7-64bit-hp-15/td-p/5849751
Relevancy 58.91%

I have had my HP Pavilion dm for a year and a half now and when my school gave me suddenly working not Wireless network adapter a copy of Windows Enterprise it came with Win Home I installed it and all the necessary drivers and everything's been running smoothly - til now Tonight all of a sudden my Internet connection Wireless network adapter suddenly not working showed that it was connected but had quot Wireless network adapter suddenly not working limited connectivity quot - aka no Internet So I restarted my router - no luck Then I restarted my computer and my F wireless button showed orange - meaning that wireless Wireless network adapter suddenly not working capability was turned off entirely It wouldn't turn back on even if I pushed the button so I went into Control Panel and did some diagnostic thing and it forced the wireless capability back on and it worked again For about an hour Then the button went orange again and the diagnostic couldn't turn it back on So I went into wireless connections and disabled and reenabled the actual connection rather than the adapter and it worked again - for about another hour When it went off again the disabling reenabling didn't help I don't think it should be a driver problem seeing as I can make it turn back on for certain periods of time and it's worked fine until now Does anyone know what to do

A:Wireless network adapter suddenly not working

Quote: Originally Posted by SarahG

I have had my HP Pavilion dm4 for a year and a half now, and when my school gave me a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise (it came with Win7 Home) I installed it and all the necessary drivers, and everything's been running smoothly - til now.

Tonight all of a sudden my Internet connection showed that it was connected but had "limited connectivity" - aka no Internet. So I restarted my router - no luck. Then I restarted my computer, and my F12 wireless button showed orange - meaning that wireless capability was turned off entirely. It wouldn't turn back on even if I pushed the button, so I went into Control Panel and did some diagnostic thing and it forced the wireless capability back on and it worked again. For about an hour. Then the button went orange again and the diagnostic couldn't turn it back on.

So, I went into wireless connections and disabled and reenabled the actual connection rather than the adapter, and it worked again - for about another hour. When it went off again, the disabling/reenabling didn't help.

I don't think it should be a driver problem seeing as I can make it turn back on for certain periods of time and it's worked fine until now. Does anyone know what to do?

Do you have iTunes or AVG installed on this system?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244900-wireless-network-adapter-suddenly-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello.

I have an Acer Travelmate 5520 notebook that is running Windows Vista Business.

It was able to find and connect to a wireless network just fine. Then I put the machine into hibernation mode and now it won't connect.
Usually I press the button on the front of the laptop to turn wireless on or off, but now the button doesn't do anything.

In device manager, `Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter' does not show up now for some reason under `network adapters'.
This network adapter is also absent from the device manager even if "Show Hidden Devices" is active.

I didn't change anything so it's weird that this problem has now come up.

I've spent the past few hours reading threads and posts online (using a different internet connection) and have not found the solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless Network Adapter not working.

I assume that there is nothing in Device Manager with a warning or error.

Check in the BIOS (Setup) to see if the wireless somehow got disabled in there.

If you can access the wireless card by removing a small cover on the bottom of the notebook remove and carefully and firmly replace the card (to fix any potential corrosion or looseness).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-adapter-not-working.1102557/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,I am using HP 14-d010TU and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I need HP 14-d010TU wireless lan & graphics adapter driver. Network Controller IDs PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C&REV_01PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103CPCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280  Graphics Adapter IDs PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_218B103C&REV_09PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_218B103CPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&CC_030000PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&CC_0300

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-14-d010TU-wireless-lan-not-working-amp-graphics-adapter/td-p/5621126
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve upgraded my PC to Windows Home Premium today from Win XP Pro and now the wireless network adapter does not work The adapter is a Netgear WG v I ve tried downloading the drivers from the Netgear site - both those for the v and the newer drivers for the v and neither have fixed the issue I ve used the Win troubleshoot feature to install this driver it is meant to be included within Win but this does not work either I ve also tried plugging the ethernet cable that normally goes directly into the back of my Netgear router into the PC in order to provide Win with internet access However this has not worked with the connection apparently not recognised by the computer I ve tried to update the drivers for my PC s (W7 working not upgrade) adapter Netgear wireless motherboard to remedy this but have been unable to find any that are compatible with this version of Windows The motherboard is MSI n Windows troubleshooter shows missing drivers for the following Multimedia Audio Controller two of these PCI Input Device Ethernet Controller What I m banking on is that an internet connection will enable Win to locate drivers for all of these but I am currently unable to make this happen The internet connection is running fine and the wireless router is broadcasting the signal properly I am accessing it right now via my laptop I hope I ve explained this clearly but please let me know if Netgear wireless adapter not working (W7 upgrade) you need any more info to help me with this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Netgear wireless adapter not working (W7 upgrade)

Does your PC or motherboard manufacturer have chipset, networking and other drivers for Windows 7 or Vista? If so, have you installed them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-adapter-not-working-w7-upgrade.888997/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Gigafast WF721-AEX adapter. I recently set up a wireless home network w/ a D-Link Di-524 wireless router. I installed a wireless pci card in my wife's pc, and it connected fine. I have an old Dell XPI-CD laptop that I installed the pcmcia card in. I could connect to the network fine without encryption set, but when I set up encryption I could not connect to the network. Any ideas as to what is wrong ? I verified the encryption key and SSID, and they were both correct. Also, the laptop would freeze up from time to time when trying to connect.

Relevancy 58.91%

Yesterday I bought a new desktop and I decided I wanted wireless so I bought a TP-Link TLWN ND wireless PCI adapter After installing all the drivers I had internet access for an hour or so but then the download speed gradually went to and I lost internet access this morning I turned on the PC and I had internet access for Wireless Adapter not properly working Network a while but again Wireless Network Adapter not working properly I lost internet access I've read somewhere that it might be a port problem i dont Wireless Network Adapter not working properly know what do they mean by Wireless Network Adapter not working properly that Heres the ipconfig all Windows IP configuration Host Name User-PC Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled no WINS Proxy Enabled no DNS Suffix Search list cpe telmex com pe Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cpe telmex com pe Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapte r Physical Address -F - -DA- -D DHCP Enabled yes Autoconfiguration Enabled yes Link local IPv address fe cf e c b Preferido IPv Address Preferido Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday November AM Lease Expires Monday November AM Default Gateway fe e c c b af DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB-AE-E - - B- - C-D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over TCP IP habilitado Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled no Autoconfiguration Enabled yes Thanks in advance edit translated ipconfig all to english

A:Wireless Network Adapter not working properly

You aren't getting an valid IP from your router because it appears as if you turned off DHCP in your IPv4 settings?

You can just right click the adaptor and choose properties, then scroll down to IPv4 settings, right click and choose properties again, enable DHCP there and save.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263765-wireless-network-adapter-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I just recently installed windows 8.1 because I hated windows 10, it ran my computer so slow that's why I downgraded and when I downgraded my wireless card doesn't work it's a Qualcomm QCA61x4 like I said and it shows but doesnt work I have no VPN installed when I installed win. 8.1 it just quit working it doesnt even show a WIFI icon it only shows the Ethernet thing and the fever says incompatible or something like that whenI click properties help please this is a schoo computer and i need it thanks to anyone who helps, no rush

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74060-qualcomm-qca61x4-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Sony vaio laptop computer model VGN NR e running Windows Vista that I purchased just over a year ago I don t use it much because I bought it just for vacations or when I m working Wireless Solved: adapter stopped not going to be home which has been the last Solved: Wireless adapter stopped working few weekends I set up a wireless connection at a summer cottage the beginning of July and was able to use the internet but for some reason this past Saturday after I had been using the internet I lost my wireless connection While connected to the internet I walked away for awhile and when I got back the laptop had gone to sleep It wouldn t wake up by pressing the start button or by touching the mouse pad so I ended up holding the start button until it shut off and then rebooted When it rebooted I had a message saying Windows hadn t closed properly and do I want to boot up normally which I did but when it booted up again the wireless connection was lost I thought it might be the wireless router so I tried resetting it and nothing happened I wasn t going to worry too much about it because I thought it might have something to do with the wireless router and all would be fine when I turned my computer on at home but it wouldn t work here either I checked under Device manager to see if there was a yellow exclamation point next to the adapter but it s not even listed Just my ethernet card I tried updating the drivers for the adapater and that didn t help I had an on line chat with someone from Sony yesterday and they took over my computer and basically did the same thing I did but it still wouldn t work so they suggested I restore my computer back to the factory settings which I did and still nothing This morning I thought I d try something else I booted the computer but turned off the wireless switch Once the laptop was booted up I turned on the switch and got a message saying this was the first time I access my wireless connection so it asked me if I wanted to set up a wireless connection I answered yes and then tried to run the wizard but still got the same message I ve been getting and that s that the wireless icon is missing and the wireless adapter isn t turned on Oh and the light isn t on so I guess they re right but why Am I to assume the adapter is dead I don t know how else to get the adapter to show up under Device manager Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have read through the prevous posts on the other belkin wireless adapters and followed those steps to try and get my wireless to work. i was not able to do so. So, like anyother person who gets frustated, i looked to buy a new one. The thing is i really dont want to. Right now to get on the internet i am using my Cell phone conected through a usb port. I bought win7 last night. i have looked high and low for a solid answer on a wireless usb that will work. First can anyone solve my problem? Or if not, pleaase tell me one that will work from Wal-mart!

Steps when i inst win7

Downloaded win
created a fresh start
HOWEVER i can still run XP and there is a folder with all of my old windows xp files
"windows.old"

A:Belkin F56050 wireless adapter not working

sorry make that F5D6050

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40365-belkin-f56050-wireless-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all, I have a problem and can't seem to find anything similar online after over an hour of searching.

My connection works perfectly for 15ish minutes, then I get disconnected. The wireless icon at the bottom left has a red x and says that there are no connections available.

In the network connections window my wireless adaptor also has a red X. If I try to disable it the computer becomes completely unresponsive and I have to manually reboot it, then it works fine for 15 more minutes etc.

I ran the check for new drivers but it said it was up to date.

Computer is a Samsung r530 laptop.
Wireless adapter is Atheros AR9285.
Connected to a wireless router, which seems to be working. (fine on other laptop and Ipad in the house)

The same setup has worked fine for the past year at least.

Thank a million in advance to anyone who can help me out.

A:Wireless adapter stops working after 15 minutes.

Have you changed anything on your laptop (installed software, removed software, added/removed drivers, dropped it, etc)? Is your A/V up to date, and have you scanned for viruses lately? Have you checked your event logs to see if there is anything listed that is related to your disconnects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222857-wireless-adapter-stops-working-after-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Just Revived a refurbished dell laptop (Latitude e4310 13.3inch) without an os installed. I Have installed a copy of windows 7 professional but now i cant connect to the internet. I think its because there is no drivers.
I have tried installing the network drivers on the dell website with little luck.
I believe this is the hardware: http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=422c&device_search=Search

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all... Sooo I successfully installed Win 8, but can't get my USB wifi driver to work. I'm attempting to install the Windows 7 driver directly from Linksys--
"Linksys AE2500 - There is no driver elected for the device information set or element"
Anybody know a way around this? or if not.. Anyone know of a wireless adapter that WILL support the Win 8 beta?

A:Not working - Linksys USB Wireless-N adapter (AE2500)

I have no idea how to fix your issue, but I use Belkins N150 wireless N network adapter and it works great, no setup or anything

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4636-not-working-linksys-usb-wireless-n-adapter-ae2500.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I cannot connect to the internet, wirelessly.

I have an Dell Inspirion 1200 laptop an I was connecting to the internest perfectly fine one hour and an hour later it didn't work at all. The linksys wireless notebook adapter is getting power, however the links light is no longer flashing. I checked the software and it is installed.

I'm tempted to un-install and re-install the software again.

I don't know what to do.

This is very frustrating.

Can anyone please help???

A:linksys wireless notbook adapter not working

I keep both of these on my notebooks desktop. They will help you reconnect, if you are having problems.
Check your router model below.

EasyLink Connect
http://www.linksysfix.com/check/HomePage/index.htmSupported Linksys Routers:
BEFSR41 BEFSR81 BEFW11S4
WRK54G WRT150N WRT300N
WRT330N WRT350N WRT54G
WRT54GC WRT54GL WRT54GR
WRT54GS WRT54GX WRT54GX2
WRT54GX4 WRT55AG WRTSL54GS
WTR54GS

Net Check.
http://www.linksysfix.com/netcheck/?randseed=0.6227176624257857

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-notbook-adapter-not-working.628538/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I need the 2wire 802.11g Wireless USB adapter driver 64 bit version. I can't seem to find it. Apparently the cd I have won't work on installing the drivers on 64 bit version and I can't use the internet in my room unless I have the drivers for it. So does anyone know how I can fix this or anything? Everytime I point my computer to look at the cd it says it couldn't find the right drivers. It worked on Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP and Vista. But it won't work on Windows 7 64 bit. Here is a picture of the device:

http://76.162.174.157/images//NET195-1A.jpg

A:2wire 802.11g Wireless USB adapter Driver Not Working!

How do I install 2Wire 802.11g wireless adapter drivers for Windows 7? | Help | BT Business

That should take care of the problem for you... dl's are even included. You can also try exploring the cd and locating the driver manually.. it might be marked in a x64 folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182860-2wire-802-11g-wireless-usb-adapter-driver-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,
I'm having issues with my Wireless Network Adapter and am hoping you an help me. The other day I went to a friend's house and put my HP Pavillion dv2000 laptop in my bag and when I got back home the light on the front of my computer indicated that my wireless was turned off, however when I flicked the switch so it would turn on the light still indicated that it was off. I have run diagnostics on the wireless adapter several times to no avail. It only brings me to a troubleshooting page and I've tried all the options. I have tried rebooting the computer as well as disabling and enabling all wireless drivers. I have also upgraded all software concerning the adapter, but it still does not work. My computer uses Windows Vista as an operating system.
Please help, I'm utterly lost as to what to do.

Relevancy 58.91%

Last night my wireless adapter Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter stopped working In the properties it says it is working properly however it will not find a single wireless network to connect to only the big red X over the icon in the system tray My wife's laptop which is feet from mine finds our network as well as several of our neighbors Properly Working it's Not Wireless Says But Adapter Network It's I upgraded to Windows last month so this morning I tried updating drivers installed these but still the big red X My laptop will work with the ethernet cable plugged in just not wireless I am stumped because it says it is working properly in the properties menu and not returning any errors during troubleshooting I know its not my router as my xbox ipod touch android phone Wireless Network Adapter Says it's Working Properly But It's Not and wife's laptop can connect and work fine Since she and I have the same laptop I made sure that our properties settings were the same this morning as well and they match up Any ideas

A:Wireless Network Adapter Says it's Working Properly But It's Not

Are you certain that the wireless switch on the laptop is turned on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115227-wireless-network-adapter-says-its-working-properly-but-its-not.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, for about a year and a half now ive been using a wireless adapter to have internet access on a second computer, that goes off of a modem a few rooms down, and about 15 hours ago, it just stopped working.

I got a message 'Unable to connect to wireless network' and now the thing hasn't connected since last night. ive tried disconnecting/reconnecting it, restarting the second computer, it just wont connect, it doesn't even have flashes of the 'connected' LED like it would if it was normally just loosing a connection for a minute or two...please help

Thanks, Vhs321

A:Wireless adapter - just completely stopped working

can you post the following
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-just-completely-stopped-working.679032/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi

I was in a hotel connected to the wireless network and when I tried to send the e-mail it got stuck in the outbox. The errors that I am getting are 0x80042108 (outgoing) and 0x80042109 (incoming).

From home I use this all the time and it works and I have never had problems before. I connected my phone and made it a hotspot - outlook sprang into life!

I am in an office location and the wireless also doesn't work, but the hotspot does (connected directly to the PC).

Just as a test on the wireless I also tried the webmail (from plusnet) and this does not work either.

Does anyone have any ideas why outlook will not work on the wireless and (without changing any settings) will work through my phone hotspots when connect by USB?

Confused

Frank

A:Outlook stopped working on wireless adapter

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

That is because you are using a different ISP who has a different outgoing server.

For example, if it was a Hilton hotel, the outgoing server may have to be something like [email protected] or whatever they decide to use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/outlook-stopped-working-on-wireless-adapter-905570.html