Windows Support Forum

Which Wireless Network Card for my MOBO ?

Q: Which Wireless Network Card for my MOBO ?

I recently put my computer tower in my bedroom hooked up to my TV.
Everything is great, except I don't have the internet (no cable and not looking to drill into my floor).

My router is close by and signal is strong so I just want to install a wireless network card.
Problem is, the ones I see online seem to be for the PCI-e slot. Well, I have a video card already occupying my PCI-e slot. It's also really thick so it also takes up two slots )covering what looks like to be the spot I would put the Network Card).

The only accesable slots remaining are the two white PCI slots at the very bottom. Can a wireless network card be installed in one of those slots? Got any recommendations for one that will work?

MOBO Specs here

Here's the Mobo

Thank you all very much for your help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Which Wireless Network Card for my MOBO ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Which Wireless Network Card for my MOBO ?

Yes, you can use a PCI wireless adapter. There are various brands and models but I don't have a specific recommendation because I don't happen to use one. Most are not too expensive.

As an alternative you can use a USB wireless adapter. I've used one on the end of a 3' USB cable extension so I could move it around for better reception. I have this installed on one of my PCs and it's a Rosewill USB adapter with an external antenna (RNX-G1). The RNX-G1 has been superseded by newer models which I haven't tried yet but it works well and I like it a lot. I've used a couple other brands but Rosewill has worked the longest and most reliably so far. USB wireless adapters are fairly inexpensive and very simple to install. You just install the driver/software package first, then plug in the USB adapter, it gets detected by the PC, then select your wireless network (SSID) and enter the password. It gets its power from the USB port and needs no external power source.

Another alternative which I use on my main computer is a wireless AP or access point. These are generally much more expensive and require a bit of work to configure and set up but once it is set up all you do is plug it into your computer's LAN port via a network cable. No software needs to be installed on your PC except for the LAN driver which should already be installed. I use this method because it doesn't tie up any USB ports and I have several computers that I rotate in and out of my computer desk and all I have to do is plug in the LAN port, hit the reset button on the AP and it's connected. A wireless AP needs to be plugged in for power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-wireless-network-card-for-my-mobo.192604/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My wireless card in my Compaq Presario works fine and Windows 8 detects it and said it was compatible. For some strange reason though it's not working in Windows 8. It hasn't detected my wireless network. Currently I am connecting using a cable.
The card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WIFI Adaptor.

I am trying to do a Google search on this issue, is it me but is this device not compatible with Windows 8 despite Window 8 saying so? I have updated the drivers through Windows Update, but it still can't find my Wireless network even though Windows 7 did originally before my upgrade.

A:Wireless network card not finding my wireless network ?

I have done a diagnosis and here's what it says (if this helps)

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless
adapter or access point
Problem
with wireless adapter or access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point issues

Failed

Reset the wireless adapter

Completed

Issues found
Detection details

Problem with wireless adapter or
access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point
issues
Failed

If you're
connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator.
Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. Once all of the lights on the
device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a
built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset
button.

Reset the wireless adapter
Completed

[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/info.png[/IMG]

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Repair.1.etl

Detection details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/collapse.png[/IMG]

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyConnection incident diagnosedList of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayedConnection History

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.Helper Class: Auto Configuration Initialise status: SuccessInformation for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyResult of diagnosis: Problem foundRoot cause:This computer cannot connect to wireless networksThe wireless network adapter on this computer is not working properly.Detailed root cause:This computer's wireless network adapter is not readyRepair option:Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "WiFi" on this computer.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and
Logs

File Name:
NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information

Computer Name:
SHADOWDAN-PC

Windows Version:

Architecture:
x86

Time:
30 October 2012
21:18:30

Publisher details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/expand.png[/IMG]

Windows Network Diagnostics

Detects problems with
network connectivity.

Package Version:

Publisher:
Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11224-wireless-network-card-not-finding-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been having issues with my the Linksys Wireless card I installed in my Desktop computer for some time now For some reason the connection just drops but it still says I am connected I leave a dos window open to watch as it happens by pinging the router All of the sudden it will say quot request timed to connected card says wireless router Wireless ping I but it's my cannot network, out quot but the icon shows that it s still connected to the wireless network I have tried just about everything to overcome this but nothing seems to work Rebooting the router will allow it to work for a few minutes and then it times out again Sometimes it will continue timing out sometimes it will reconnect and sometimes it will says limited or no connection Sometimes hitting repair will do the same thing make it work for a few moments and they down again I have other devices that connect to that router wirelessly and they have no issues at all so I m not prepared to blame the router I noticed that my desktop s event view shows this entry frequently The system detected that network adapter Linksys PCI Adapter Packet Scheduler Miniport was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Would seeing this event frequently not indicate that the card was dropping often and coming back up I m pretty much ready to run a ethernet cable to the computer but I thought I d check with you guys first before I completely give up on the wireless card nbsp

A:Wireless card says it's connected to my wireless network, but I cannot ping router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-says-its-connected-to-my-wireless-network-but-i-cannot-ping-router.589843/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 58.05%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Basically I want to find a way to use my Alltell wireless USB modem card to provide Internet access to computers We have a cradelpoint router network? wireless make card AllTell wireless to a an Using that accepts a USB wireless card but we do not want to use this router because we live in a very rural area and the router makes slow internet speeds even slower and with Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network? the router we loose the internet connection frequently and have to disconnect then reconnect at least once a night We want to set this up but do not know Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network? how can you help Plug the wireless usb card into one of the computers and have that computer then connect to a switch or hub so all the other computers can communicate with it Then enable Internet Connection Sharing on the computer with the Altell card This will basically turn the computer into a NAT server which will allow it to communicate with all the other Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network? computers with internal IP addresses and translate requests responses to the Internet Do I have to buy a switch or hub how do I add the IP address in - I am lost in trying to set this up nbsp

A:Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network?

Here are details if the computer with the mobile wireless card is running a Windows OS: Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

Unless the router is defective or you are not positioning it well I can't think of any reason why it would slow the not-very-fast wireless connection. What do you get with something like speedtest.net with the card in a computer and what do you get using the router with only that same computer connected to it?

A hub is half duplex so can slow a network with multiple computers the same way Wi-Fi does, so best to use a switch. If the router you have has enough ports to connect all your computers you can use it as a switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-an-alltell-wireless-card-to-make-a-wireless-network.970208/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 57.19%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm trying desperately to set up my network on Windows but have hit a bump in that it just cannot find my network I checked Device Manager Network Setup Card) Network (Belkin Cannot N1 Wireless to see if the card was found - it was with a troubleshoot exclamation point on it I removed the card used the installation disc and am not able to get very far After the install after which nothing happens I click on Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility icon on the desktop and it says quot missing shortcut searching for Belkinwcui exe quot after Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) which I get a window saying quot The item Belkinwcui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed of moved so this Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) shortcut will no longer work properly quot That exe file isn't anywhere in my computer searching through Explorer In fact in the Belkin install folder Program Files x - gt Belkin - gt FSD v there just looks like maybe a driver AegisE dll and an application AegisI that doesn't run My next choice I guess is to take my PC upstairs and line it into my modem base station directly but I'd rather not move it Am I missing something Why won't this work How come I can't install my Wireless Card Please help if you can Thanks

A:Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card)

I'm experiencing an almost identical issue. I had the same problems with the installation disc. After multiple install / unistall / restarts I was able to get the client installed. However, when I click to open the .exe nothing happens.

On top of that, the system is not recognizing the card. I tried all 4 PCI slots with no success.

I installed this same card (same model, different physical card) on a pc running xp sp3 very easily. Since that was so easy I bought another card for my windows 7 machine.

However, I was lazy and didn't do any research. Before I came upon this forumn I found a couple of google links saying this card was incompatible with vista (therefore incompatible with w7?).

Any else out there get this card working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30807-cannot-setup-wireless-network-belkin-n1-network-card.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I came across this website and forum through searching for this problem I ve come across similar problems but they all either end with the person wireless detect card network Wireless won't taking their computer to a shop or it goes unsolved Here is the issue My Wireless card won't detect wireless network computer Dell Vostro with Windows XP will not detect the wireless network we have here at home The wireless card is an Intel Pro Wireless ABG The Wireless card won't detect wireless network laptop has a light that shows if WiFi is on or not Whenever I turn on the laptop the light is usually on but not detecting any wireless network either ours or someone else s -This started happening about three weeks ago There was no damage to the computer I reformatted the laptop and reinstalled all the drivers but the problem persisted -Turns out one of our cats had thrown up on the router we had at the time so I figured that was the problem and waited until we got another one -The new one came yesterday and everything was working fine A couple hours later the problem resurfaced I rolled back the driver thinking maybe that was the issue but apparently it wasn t I tried uninstalling the wireless card and reinstalling The only thing that accomplished was deleting the profile I had on there I ve tried the simple repair option but that hasn t worked I know the router is broadcasting a signal because everyone else in the house is getting the connection Here is what is displayed when I do the IPCONFIG ALL in CMD Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ChrisAdmin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name chris Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -B - -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday September P M Lease Expires Saturday September PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- -A - C Thanks in advance Right now I m connected via ethernet Here is some additional information -Devices listed under Network adapters include Net Adapter Broadcom x Integrated Controller and the Intel adapter I mentioned earlier Intel Pro Wireless ABG Network Connection -No devices under Network adapters have a red x displayed -No devices in the Device Manager display a yellow or nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys, I have bit a dilemma. I'm running XP 64 and I'm haing a hard time finding a wireless network card with XP 64 drivers. Anyone have suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-card-for-xp-64-a-227992.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My laptop was working just fine the other day I put it in my car with the intention of taking it to work but I ended up leaving it in the car When I got home and tried to connect to the internet I was unable to In fact my computer would not even pick up any wireless networks however the Card with Wireless help Network Please other laptops in my house are working I have done some research on google and this website and I am hoping to get this resolved on this forum Disclaimer Please be patient and nice I know the anatomy of a human body not a computer To start off with I have a dell computer Windows XP IE comcast modem belkin router and a netgear wireless card I did ipconfig all and here is what I got C Documents and Settings Dell gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dell-otfhrb go Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell TrueMobile WLAN Mini-PCI C ard Physical Address - - F- - Please help with Wireless Network Card B- F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Con troller Physical Please help with Wireless Network Card Address - F- F-C - F- E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Please let me know if you can help me nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey peeps i recently set up a wireless network consisting of an connection for my desktop pc and laptop i bought a wireless network card for my laptop which is great and works fine, the one i bought for my desktop pc however is not i had to quickly rush out and buy it so i grabbed the first one i saw its also a usb type which im not fond of either. Can you reccomend a high quality wireless network card for my desktop pc preferably one that goes inside the pc and not a usb type.

many thanks and i deeply appreciate any help

Relevancy 54.18%

hi there! i'm currently working on networking my pc through USB and i'm planning to make it wireless.

cud u help me pls!

do you guys have a link about the USB wireless card?

thanks! and more power!

A:Network over USB wireless card

There are a couple of "external USB wireless 'card'" that would possibly work for your situation. There's also PCI versions (if you have a desktop), PCMCIA (and sometimes mini-PCI) solutions for your laptop.

Below are links I found with Froogle.com:

Mini-PCI cards (if you have a laptop):
Intel Wireless 802.11b 11Mbps/802.11g 54Mbps miniPCI Card OEM WM3B2200BGMW - Compuvest.biz
INTEL - NETWORKING (WM3B2200BGMWWB2) PRO WLS 2200BG MPCI WLS 80 - Shopperwiz.com
Or, to look for yourself : Froogle: "mini-pci wireless card 802.11g"

Wireless USB Adapter (desktop and laptop):
54Mbps 802.11g Wireless USB Adapter (Thumb Drive Size) - provantage.com
D-Link DWL-G120 802.11g 2.4 GHz Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter -Oem - Shentech.com Froogle: "USB Wireless Card 802.11g"

PCI Cards (Standard for desktops):
D-Link AirPlus DWL-G510 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Dlink
Asus WiFi 802.11g Card
Froogle: "pci wireless card 802.11g"

Let me know if this information was helpful .

Disclaimer: The links are provided for reference and does not represent any kind of guarantee or anything from me. I merely froogled the links to assist you with your question. No inferences or connections with the following sites should be implied or inferred as I have no connections with said sites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-over-usb-wireless-card.385436/
Relevancy 54.18%

PCV-RS420 sony vaio
Been trying to set up a wireless network on this computer for 3-4 hours with no success please somebody help, greatly appreciated:
Device Manager;
Other Devices: (None)
Network Adapters: (1394 Net Adapter) (ADMtek AN983 based ethernet adapter)
Tried setting up a manual internet with no success
On the net adapter, allowed internet connection sharing (from advanced tab) but then the host computer has no internet and i still couldn't find the wireless internet on the laptop
any suggestions?

A:Wireless Network Card

Well, I looked up the specifications for your ADMTek AN983 network card and find that it's a wired-only network adapter. Then, I looked up the specifications for the Sony Model: PCV-RS420, and find that this model doesn't come equipped with wireless capability.

Unless you've purchased and installed a separate wireless network adapter and have a compatible wireless router, you won't be able to connect to anything wirelessly.

It's certainly possible that, when you purchased the computer, that you added the wireless option. If that's the case, you will still need to have a wireless router in order to be able to establish a wireless network connection.

Now, if you *do* have both, then let me know. But, it should be simple enough to run the network setup wizard once everything's in place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card.1013914/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello This evening my computer froze while viewing a website I did a hard reboot and restarted my computer - however when my computer turned back on I have found that my network card is no longer working and my computer is giving me the following message when I look at the device via the device manager quot This device is not working Wireless network card properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot Keep in mind it was working a few minutes before I had the crash Windows IP Configuration Host Name Unknown-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address -E - -EE-BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address -E - -EE-BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E -AB - AB -B - F C E DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wireless network card ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B F E -A - A -A AA- B C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s what I have done so far Drivers Uninstalled and re-installed Hardware Unplugged it from my Motherboard and plugged it back in Here I found that the light on the card doesn t appear to be lighting up however I m not sure if it only light s up when Wireless network card there s an active connection Currently I m unable to connect it via Ethernet Suggestions tips Edit I forgot to add which network card I m using It s a Edimax ew- in I ran the driver disk which came with the network card and it installed the driver but when searching for a network via the software it s not picking anything up nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card.1063086/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just put in an order for a new system and want to go with x64, but I just visited the linksys site and there are no 64-bit drivers for my WUSB54GC USB wireless.

Any other choices???????

I would hate to have this be the single issue that grinds me to a halt.

Thanks, Rich

A:Wireless USB Network card for X64

No problem. I'm up and running on X64.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/108159-wireless-usb-network-card-x64.html
Relevancy 54.18%

At the moment I have a USB wireless adapter and it is extremely annoying at times. The thing falls out, or just doesn't enable during bootup. I should mention this is on WinXP, I am upgrading my desktop parts and the operating system to Windows7.

My question is, are wireless PCI adapters just as good if not better than USB ones? I was looking at: Newegg.com - Shell Shocker Deal. Exclusive Jaw Dropping Savings on PC Components and Electronics. -- my current USB adapter isn't that special, a netgear one I got from walmart for 40.00$, WG111V2
Also as a side note: I'm looking at Kingston memory and 4GB DDR3 blocks are about the same price as two 2GB blocks, if anyone knows if there a risk to taking bigger blocks, or performance downgrade that would be good to know. The motherboard is an ASUS so it can handle up to 16GB of memory, 4 slots.

A:Wireless network card..

When you've upgraded the wireless adapter might actually work better, due to better hardware support provided by windows 7.

I've used usb wireless adapters for years, and had best results when combining wireless routers with usb adapters of the same brands. My best results were with brands like Sitecom (fairly cheap) and Thomson (kind of expensive - specially the usb adapters - but very stable in my experience).

As for your memory question, I will leave that to someone with more RAM knowledge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151510-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having dificulty intalling my inexq Wireless Cardbus Adpater. I am runnign Win 98 se and am installin it on a laptop. I have tried dling the drivers and installin but that doesnt seem to work. When i put the card in all i get is dim light instead of the normal steady bright ligth for power and flashing light for internet. I currently have a Xircom Modem installed which is working fine, but i would really like to get some use out of my wireless card. Any help at all would be appreciatted, Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 54.18%

Ok for my laptop i need a wireless network card reccomended for less than 40 bucks i need one with the longest signal distance i can get in that price range.

I think thats all the info you will need if you need more let me know

A:Wireless network card

Any help folks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card.420167/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have a problem with my Wireless network card. I have tried to innstall the driver from a cd which followed my computer (znote 6625wd) the driver is for "Intel_Pro_4965_AGN_-_300mbit"(sorry the link camed by it self)
. but vista cant find my wireless network card, and it should be on (the light is on at leaste) Is there any one that can tell me how to find and to turn on the network card(exept for the switch, its not able to move).

any help will do i really need my wireless card to work for school work

thanx

A:wireless network card Help?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card-help.868532/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys, I have a wireless G network card and not getting full signal strength, i understand those cards are not very good(cheap).

Is there anything i can do to improve the signal for this card or should i buy a better one?

My strenght is always 2-3 green bars.

A:wireless network card?

if you use a wireless router, mount it as high as possible. eliminate as many obstructions as you can.

do a google search for "wifi booster" "signal booster" "range extender" "wifi antenna" etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235989-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok, let me pick everyone's brain here. Can you guys tell me what the best wireless network card is vista 64 compatible? I play a lot of FPS'es online and want to try to find the best one for me. I just moved and right now I am running a 50ft wire from the living to the second room of the house (so I'm basically 40ft away).

Also, how bad will my lag be for games like COD5 with a wireless card? I've only ever hardwired my rig to the router and never gone wireless before. So I'm leary of this move in fear of completely destroying my online playing. Any advice?

Thanks guys for any help in advance!

oh, and p.s. I'm willing to spend $100 bucks or so, just don't want to go overboard here.

A:Best Wireless PCI Network Card???

My recommendation is to try to keep with the same manufacturer as your wireless-router/access-point. This will result in the best level of compatibility between the two, as wireless is often far "gimpier" than wired connections.

Following that advice should drastically narrow down your list of candidates.

Perhaps if you did that, and came back with questions regarding specific models, some of us here could reply with our experiences on those models.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/219263-best-wireless-pci-network-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi!I am forwarding a question to you guys regarding my fathers HP Envy 17 LeapMotion-notebook. He's gotten fiber internet, but the wifi-card does not allow him to connect to the 5Ghz-band. He has 1000/1000 so sticking to the 2.4 is not an option. The card that's present in his computer is the Intel Wireless-N 7260, and apparently there's two cards with the same name. I ran netsh wlan show drivers in the command prompt and everything except 802.11a showed up. But! The 7260 card is no longer sold here in Sweden (or atleast not the one i was looking for), so i was wondering what card he should get that would be kinda like plug&play for the notebook?Best RegardsMattias

A:Upgrading the wireless network-card

We will need the full model number to be 100% sure but I believe you are not limited by the HP whitelist.  802.11a operates on 5ghz but what you really want is 802.11ac. The Intel 7260 does come in two flavors, the 7260n and the 7260ac and you want the latter of the 2.  I believe this is your Service Manual: Manual Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11ac 1×1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter 710662-001 This US seller ships to Sweden: http://www.ebay.de/itm/HP-Intel-3160HMW-Dual-Band-WiFi-Bluetooth-710662-001-/122181270600?hash=item1... Above is the best 5ghz card in the Manual.  http://www.ebay.de/itm/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260HMW-WiFi-Bluetooth-4-0-Half-Mini-PCI-E-Wifi-C... That is the 7260ac. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.       

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgrading-the-wireless-network-card/td-p/5817672
Relevancy 53.75%

So thrilled was I with the results from my last post (thankyou flavellee) I went out and bought a wireless network pci card to use with my wireless router on my other pc.

For some reason the hardware wizard isn't picking up the new hardware. It's a Sitecom piece of kit and basically you install the software first, then install the hardware, reboot and the wizard (supposedly) picks up the install. No wizard, no 'windows has identified a new piece of hardware.

You can't access the kit at all. I've jiggled and waggled and blown, still no joy.

Any offers?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 53.75%

ok i have searched like network with promlems wireless card crazy and cant find the answer to my question so hopefully someone can help me out alright here we go at home we have one main pc in my room its a p g comp running windows xp pro it has a D-Link wireless routed hooked up to it by cable not wireless this all works fine for the net no probs at all the latest edition is another pc which is just outside my room this comp is also running windows xp pro it is hooked up to the router via cat cable this comp also works fine promlems with wireless network card no probs with file sharing or the net and now to the problem my dad has a laptop that is running windows xp home he can pull the plug out of the second computer and plug it in to his and it works fine for the net but its a pain in the cos that means that the other comps got no internet so dad thought it would be a good idea to get a wireless card for the laptop so he didnt have to use the cable from the other comp so he got one off ebay a D-Link DWL-G mbps it all looked ok i think it was brand new the problem is that it only half works it dad said it connects and sends packets but it doesnt receive any so you cant share files or use the internet which makes it fairly useless so if someone could help me fix this problem that would be awsome if any more info is required then just tell me what your after and i ll get it nbsp

A:promlems with wireless network card

Well, the obvious question is why not get another cable. If the cable run is long, you can use a $15 Ethernet switch to split the cable to go to the two machines.

If you really want to get the wireless running, we'll need more info. Do you have encryption enabled on the router? If so, disable it until you get the wireless link running, then enable it as a separate step. If that doesn't help, let's see this:

Open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/promlems-with-wireless-network-card.428063/
Relevancy 53.75%

I jsut got an HP ZE2000 from a friend and I was wondering how I can test if the wireless card in the notebook is functional. I have updated the driver, the CPU recognizes the card, the wireless LEDs come on on that case of the notebook, but it cant connect to the network. I know the network works fine in that other computers are using it.

I think the card is a Broadcom 802.11 b/g.

Is there anyways to test if the card works or if there is an antenna problem or something else?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card-in-laptop.609650/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

I'm having problems with my wireless networkcard. Sometimes i can connect to the Internet with it but at other times, I am simply unable to connect. Windows detects that there is a problem between my computer, the router, and the Internet. There are five other devices in my house that are able to connect flawlessly. I am currently only able to connect using a wi-fi adapter but this soultuion is awkward as i have only two available USB ports.

Can anyone help me?
I will post more details about the network card when I can.

stupot65

A:Wireless Network Card Not Working

It sounds like you may be having problems with the driver, go to the website of the cards manufacturer and check and see if there are any updates for the drivers. The drivers should be under the support or downloads section if they are anything like the other manufacturer websites I have seen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279065-wireless-network-card-not-working.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have had pretty poor luck when it comes to wireless cards, so I thought I would post here for suggestions.

I started with a TP-Link TL-WN951N which caused audio stutters as well as mouse freezes at random points, this ended up being due to bad TP-Link drivers, unfortunately updating the drivers made no difference, as an alternative I purchased a Netgear N600 Wireless USB Adapter (WNDA3100v2) which has been causing BSOD, after seeking help in the BSOD forum I have found that this is a result of the Netgear scmndisp.sys driver, again updating the drivers has made no difference.

I hope that I can get some suggestions on a good quality, fast and reliable Wireless Network Card, after searching I have found that Windows 7 and USB adapters don't work well together, so I would like get an internal Wireless Card.

In case it is needed, my motherboard is a Z68A-D3H-B3

thanks,

A:Wireless Network Card Suggestions

I'm not bias towards Intel, but you can try Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 for Desktop. It has a PCI-E x1 connection. In addtion, you can also replace its supplied Intel Centrino 6205 with a wireless AC adapter like Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 mini-PCIE half height card. I'm not sure if the integrated bluetooth will work though. I currently use Wireless-N version of Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 without the integrated bluetooth and I get stable wireless N connection and an average ping of 1 ms to the router. So far no driver issues with the Intel 7260.

BTW, this is on a laptop. I don't know how would the driver perform at the desktop platform, but you can also try ASUS PCE-N15 PCIE internal wifi adapter though it's not a dual band adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300187-wireless-network-card-suggestions.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all. Every now and then I lose wireless connection, but with the help of my ISProvider, I have re-set channels or other jiggery-pokery and all has been well. Today I am told that I have a problem with my Wireless Network Card and I need independent I.T. support. 1) Am I being fobbed off 2) Have been to www.talktalk.co.uk/selfhelp/wireless-setup and as far as I can see, I am out of other options.

Can you advise, good techy people? If so, what info do you need? Thanks d

A:Wireless Network Card Problem

Make sure you have no conflicting wireless managers installed, the Talk Talk one for instance, if so uninstall it and use the windows built in utility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card-problem.1040214/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

I bought an Acer 2301 laptop a few months ago. It has an Acer IPN 2220 wireless LAN card. A few days ago I visited my brother who has a wireless network set up in his house ? DLINK ADSL broadband router. He uses the wireless network for 1 Pc and 2 laptops. As I had my laptop I tried to connect to this network but couldn?t. I tried finding wireless networks and it said there were no wireless networks found in range. I disabled and re-enabled the LAN card. I uninstalled and re-installed it. I disabled my firewall. All to no avail. The network is not running encrypted and my brother said he had no trouble connecting all his wireless cards. Can anyone explain why my wireless LAN card couldn?t find anything?

Thanks

A:Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network

there could be several reasons for this, the card could have simply had its "radio" turned off. Most internal cards have a switch function to turn on and off their ability to detect networks. This is usually either a special button or a key combo. Check the BIOS, the card may have to be enabled in there as well as in device manager. Some systems I've encountered come with wireless disabled in the BIOS as default. Also, are you sure your brother's router was "broadcasting" its SSID. Most routers have the ability to turn this off. This causes you to have to know the SSID and config the card manually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-lan-card-cant-detect-network.20694/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is my first message on this forum - I am hoping to get any feedback on it OK this is the issue Earlier this week I installed a drivers Wireless : next network-card day gone wireless network card brand Belkin in the old PC of my parents Installation went smoothly internet through an Access Point and a wired router both brand Belkin works fine I am writing this on their computer right now PC specs Intel PII MHz Asus Wireless network-card : drivers gone next day P B-VM Intel BX chipset NVidia Riva TNT Model Mb SDRAM quot Wired network quot card brand Com Serial port ISA slot Onboard audio Windows ME Every time that my folks switch the computer on say days after having used it a previous time the network card is not working - i e Windows says no drivers are installed when checking in the Device Manager After re-installing the drivers or doing a system restore like today just a while ago the network card is quot found quot and installed and working again So how come Windows says no drivers are installed after seemingly every quot cold quot reboot Why does Windows seem to quot lose quot the installation of the wireless network card This might have been posted in the Win ME forum but I put it here since I rather suspect it to be a hardware thing it is after all quite an old computer by now The few other threads about wireless network cards don t help me any further and I am at a loss here So any comments are greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Okay well my friend gave me a trendnet lb g card and it won't install it just gives network asap with wireless Need help card that yellow exclamation mark in device manager saying quot ethernet controller quot So I download PC wizard and it tells me that it's name is quot marvell quot so i go to the marvell site and download the drivers for my computer and it recognizes the card and says it's installed and ready to use but that all happened before the drivers were finished installing S and the installation said cannot finish and aborted Even after it said installed and ready to use it still doesn't come up in networks and still has that yellow exclamation mark in device manager please help me someone Also when i go to manually install the hardware and i go to network cards in find my own location all the marvell yukon drivers are there the right one could be there but i don't know which one to install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-asap-with-wireless-network-card-313256.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I want to upgade my NIC to dual band AC but not sure which ones are compatible, reliable and speedy.  Please make suggestions.  I currently have the Realtek 8188ee bgn.   Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Internal-Wireless-Network-Card/td-p/5662954
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have a Inspiron with a Dell Wireless WLAN mini Card Lately I noticed that if I left the laptop on or maybe just restart not sure don t want to test it right now and let it go to sleep and then turn it back on it won t detect any wireless networks I have to wait - minutes before Lan Network Detect Wireless Cant Card it can detect networks again I don t know what to do I know its not the router since it can t detect other networks either which there are a few around I have this laptop for almost a year now It worked just fine till recently I think it is the network card the driver or the hardware I don t know Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network but while it just start up it takes forever for the wireless to start detecting again Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network Anyone know why and what can I do about it BTW I reformatted in hope it will fix it it didn t nbsp

A:Wireless Lan Card Cant Detect Network

Hi

If a reformat and reinstall didnt fix it, then its hardware for sure.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-lan-card-cant-detect-network.108132/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I have a notebook with a wireless network card installed ...

The problem seems to be ... That when running off batteries the wireless network card works fine ... But when I try and run the notebook from the AC - the wireless card stops working ...

Any ideas out there? ...

Thanks ...

Mark

A:Wireless Network Card - AC vs Battery

I've only seen this issue the other way around (wifi not working when on battery). Are you able to try another AC power adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card-ac-vs-battery.536080/
Relevancy 53.75%

Can't believe I am posting this but I don't have time to spend on Newegg looking for the category that I know I just am not seeing.

What my friend needs is a network card (wireless) that can plug into his motherboard for his Dell desktop. Not sure how I am not seeing them on Newegg, but if somebody could point them out, it would be nice. Thanks!

A:Looking for a wireless network card-for a desktop

is this it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rd&Submit=ENE&Ntk=all&N=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-wireless-network-card-for-a-desktop.495072/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently reinstalled XP Pro SP3 on a dell latutude D600. Reinstalled all drivers but the wireless card seems to have disappeared. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Disappearing wireless network card

When you say wireless card? Card slot, USB Adapter or On-board Wireless? Go into the BIOS and make sure on-board wireless is enabled. If you have installed the drivers for the miniPCI wireless then it's either not working or there is and issue on the system. Go to DELL and grab the correct driver for that wireless you have. If not then get a USB dongle wireless 802.11(b,g,n) and use that instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disappearing-wireless-network-card.151872/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys I recently bought a TP-LINK TL-WN GD wireless network card inserted it into a PCI-E slot and installed the drivers but can't seem to get it to work It appears in Device Manager as 'Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter' and apparently 'this device is working properly' but infuriatingly it won't detect any wireless networks I've tried using the drivers that Windows installed automatically and also the drivers that came on the disk with it but all to no network Problem with card wireless avail When I troubleshoot the card I get the message that 'there might be a problem Problem with wireless network card with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter' but this is all I can find It's especially irritating as I picked the admittedly lower-end card because it's definitely compatible with Windows I already tried one which wasn't My PC has Windows -bit has an AMD Athlon dual core CPU and gigs of RAM I can give more detailed information if you need it Any suggestions Thanks

A:Problem with wireless network card

Hi Duckula, welcome to sevenforums. You need to give us a bit more info such as router type and how you have it configured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175092-problem-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi im having problems with my mini pci wireless card in MSI U notebook it keeps dropping the signal and then when i try to reconect it cant find any networks at all To get it to reconnect i have network wireless Mini card to restart but this dose not always work disable the raido in settings or unistall driver or reinstall windows so this is what ive tried already updated the drivers using the MIS Live update tool Unchecked the box that says quot allow computer to turn off device quot Deleted drivers and reinstalled Deleted windows Mini wireless network card and reinstalled fresh copy works for a few days then starts to drop again Mini wireless network card Reinstalled windows and only used the windows driver Not updated it bought aa new mini card but could not get motherboard to install drivers i bough it nd hand off ebay and it came out of a dell mini notebook put old card back in and is now working after fresh install for how long i dont know The card is a bgn T R Mini Card Wireless Adapter and im fresh out of ideas when the siganl drops the you can still see the card in system devices and it says that its working normally also it works fine if i put in a usb wireless dongle cant send the laptop back as i bought it off Ebay and it only came with three months warrenty which is now up Any ideas on this subject would be greatly appriciated regards Matt Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS-N REV BSS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Mini wireless network card

The card is a 802.11bgn 1T1R Mini Card Wireless Adapter and im fresh out of ideas???? when the siganl drops the you can still see the card in system devices and it says that its working normally also it works fine if i put in a usb wireless dongle.Click to expand...

From that and the other stuff you've tried and described I think that the card or motherboard is intermittently defective. If it's the motherboard there's nothing you can do. If it's the card you could replace it with the exact same model or one that you know is supposed to work in that model laptop.

My advice is to keep the USB adapter in your pocket or laptop case and use it when needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-wireless-network-card.1014968/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently was given an old Gateway laptop to my for free from my sister. It has a wireless network card built in and it is turned on, but it is not recognized by the system, in the sense that it does not appear under Network Connections in Control Panel. There is also no button to view all available wireless networks. I have also gone to services under Administrative Tools and turned on Wireless Zero Configuration. Any ideas?
Edit: This isn't my Vista computer, its a laptop running XP

A:Wireless Network Card Support

is it there under devices in Device manager?

Right-click on My Computer, select Manage and click on Device Manager. Then select Network Adaptors

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-card-support-491890.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey

Im using Windows XP SP2 and I just recently formatted and Im using the same setup as before so I cant figure out what Im doing wrong, but basically if I use my Wireless Software I can connect to the network, and it sends packets, but recieves none (so it doesnt work). But if I turn Windows Wireless Zero Config on then it works fine. The problem is Wireless Zero Config is awful for games.
My network uses WEP encryption which Ive entered, so Im quite stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Relevancy 53.75%

I have purchased a Linksys WDT11 wireless PCI card with slot and WPC11 PCMCIA wireless card for a remote computer. Since I am running XP, I downloaded and installed the drivers from Linksys' website. The drivers load ok, but I keep getting an error message: "Code 10, unable to start".

I enquired of Linksys tech support over a week ago, and have had no response. I know that this will work, but have no idea how to correct. Running XP Home on Gateway 450 PIII w/256 ram.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Jim <>-<

A:linksys wireless network card

Uninstall the drivers!!! I tried the XP drivers, and they did the same thing. IF it hang on uninstall/rollback, manually delete ntcwd10.inf (or something very similar) from the windows/inf directory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-network-card.69093/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey i'm not very good with computers and having problems understanding this one.

my HP pvilion entertainment pc is less than a year old but has recently decided it can't detect the wireless card.

i have done lots to try and find it and try and connect to the wireless in some way. the wireless adapter switch is still working for bluetooth wireless access but not internet.

i wonder if somehow it's gotten broken or whether anyone can tell me if this is a common thing as it seems to have been deleted completly from my computer. it wont show up under network connections and i can't seem to find it anywhere else.
any help would be gratefully recieved as i'd hate to have to get this fixed at a hefty price if it's solveable.

i've tried hp forums for help, but this one got reccomended to me
thank you

kat
x

Relevancy 53.75%

Howdy,

So after much work I've decided that my LINKSYS WMP54G is to blame for me constantly losing my connection to World of Warcraft. See this thread.

I'm considering buying the LINKSYS WMP54GX but I'm not sure of a couple of things.

First, will it improve my connection possibly? Second, is it compatible with my router which is the Linksys WRT54G?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Capnbob

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I was wondering what is the most powerful network router and network card. Any recommendations? Oh, by the way, it is a Windows XP system.

Thanks,
Mickey

A:Wireless Network Router and Card

I use a dlink wireless card for the downstairs system and I am quite happy with its performance. It was recommended by another mod here at the forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-router-and-card.758822/
Relevancy 53.75%

The computer device manager shows that with the wireless network card is okay, and drivers and everything ok, but the network settings show that the wireless network card is disabled. Network card can not be enabled. I tried with several wireless network cards, nothing changes. The problem arose after the computer's motherboard replacement. Everything is working as before, except for a wireless network card. Where would be a problem in Windows 7?? The network card is a PCI Edimax EW-7128G. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?? Thank you.

A:Can not enable wireless network card!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by mariaci

The computer device manager shows that with the wireless network card is okay, and drivers and everything ok, but the network settings show that the wireless network card is disabled. Network card can not be enabled. I tried with several wireless network cards, nothing changes. The problem arose after the computer's motherboard replacement. Everything is working as before, except for a wireless network card. Where would be a problem in Windows 7?? The network card is a PCI Edimax EW-7128G. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?? Thank you.

Laptops have hot key combo's to enable the wifi. Does yours? and if so have you tried it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61112-can-not-enable-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I use my laptop with an AT amp T wireless broadband card and am pretty happy with it overall It has been the only PC we ve used in the house until this point BUT I have an -year-old son who was very recently given a desktop that s about three years old and he wants to get online with it What Can with card? a I wireless network broadband I Can I network with a wireless broadband card? want to do is create a network so that he can access the internet on this desktop I have searched forum after forum and called countless customer service lines all to no avail When I bought my laptop a few months ago the store was giving away wireless routers as a promotion and its model is WBR- D-Link brand It might not even be the right thing but if it s Can I network with a wireless broadband card? not I ll just sell it or give it away I guess what I am asking is Can I network these two computers somehow using my wireless laptop card If the above-mentioned router is not the solution and I ve tried to make it work and can t get past the first page of the installation wizard because it doesn t recognize my internet connection please tell me what I need to go and buy and then what to do with it all after I buy it My son is pestering me to no end because he can t get online Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I installed an SMC 2802W wireless network card, on my Pentum 4 pc - MSI Motherboard. When I switched on the PC it told me 'Corrupted PCI.SYS, please enter Windows XP to repair the installation'. Then I entered Windows XP disc, and it did not let me do the repair installation, and so I decided to format the pc. Again it did not let me format the PC. I removed all partitions and I tried again to Format the PC, same thing - it was giving me error - (at least this was the message error 536833280). Then I tried to remove the battery and flash the BIOS with the jumper setting, and again there was no improvment. I also tried to install with Windows 98, and again the Setup did not let me install the OS.

Does anyone has any clues please? :rolleyes:

Thanks,
David

A:Wireless Network Card problem

Hi man,

thanks for your prompt reply Finally i got the PC up and running! Thanks loads Keep it up you have some good knowledge about computing... and troubleshooting! Im a IT Officer, however i m still gathering experience Thanks a lot mate and keep it up!

Cheers
David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-card-problem.25342/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys - I ve done everything I could think of but I can t get this wireless PCI card to work It s a Linksys WMP G Ver and I have it in an older XP machine The computer has the correct drivers for the adapter and it sees that it s there and doesn t have any problems but it won t see my home network no matter what I do It s next to another computer that has a Linksys USB wireless adapter that picks up the wireless signal just fine Good signal quality according to Vista I tried to re-install with no luck it said it was already installed and I couldn t reinstall and I also tried to roll back drivers but that didn t do anything either I tried to use the zero configuration utility with Windows and tell it to connect to my home network but it still wouldn t do it I m running out of ideas is there something I haven t been thinking of Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I purchased a M73 desktop tiny form and it only has internet connection through ethernet.  I saw others had a wireless network card.  Can I add a wireless and bluetooth network card to my desktop and how to I find out which type is compatible? Thank you.

A:M73 Tiny Wireless network card

hi, I posted same question -but no replies. I have purchased an Intel Wireless-N 7260 7260HMWBN 802.11b/g/n wifi + bluetooth 4.0 adapter half card pci-e-but hav nt been able to complete the install as yet because my M73 Tiny hangs on boot-have been reading abt whiteboarding (and BIOS)  so that only the Lenovo product can be purchased -which is as per below from the Leonova affiliated supplier hemini.com. I have found much cheaper "Lenovo compatable" on ebay but...but tell us how you get on.....? Best Tony Q:"hi support, Lenovo sales suggested I come to you to source my Lenovo Think Centre M73 Tiny model type is 10AXA067UK (which is an i5 4th Gen with SSD). I would like a half mini card with a rear antenna. I potentially would require 2 cards. Regards Anthony"A: "The cost of the WLAN Card with Bluetooth, Cable & Antenna for your PC is £47.50 + VAT." Hussain Daoud Hemini | Hemini Complex | Stirling WayElstree | Borehamwood | Hertfordshire | WD6 2BT E: [email protected]: www.hemini.comT: 020 8207 2000 (Option 3) 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M73-Tiny-Wireless-network-card/td-p/2278111
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Linksys WRT 54G Router and a Trendnet TEW-423PI Card. Clean install of Windows 7 Pro.
When I run the setup for a wireless network connection I get ( I need to turn on wireless card) from the Linksys Easylink Program, But when I go to the device manager it says the card is working properly.
Any suggestions?

A:Network can't find wireless card

Install the latest drivers for your card.
Trendnet TEW-423 PI Driver Selection

After driver install, check device manager to make sure there are no conflicts and the device is enabled.

If that doesn't fix your problem:

Start > Search > cmd > Right Click cmd.exe > Run as Admin...
Type: ipconfig /all
Enter, Copy to Forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74953-network-cant-find-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hi sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.
ive just downgraded my laptop which is a toshiba equium a100 series from windows vista to windows XP but now i have the problem of it doesnt recognise my wireless lan in the system, i have tried on thetoshiba website and all and installed their drivers but they do not seem to work.
i dont even know the make of the card so its proobing a bit of a hardship just to sort this! can anyone help?

A:Wireless network Card not dectected

This is a common problem thatyou cannot get device drives for the hardware for the downgraded OS.
If you go into device manager - netwrok adapters, you may see make and model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card-not-dectected.870328/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys n girls

My brother has a laptop - wireless network card just stopped . I am going to:

1. Uninstall network card and reboot to see if the system picks it back up.
2. Update the drivers.
3. Check for Malware.

If they don't work then I'll do a restore point.

If all the above doesn't work what would you suggest before getting a new network card - presuming it can be replaced and not an on board type ?? System recovery ??

Cheers

Woodnome

A:Wireless Network Card Disappeared

If the system restore doesn't fix the problem, it's probably because the wireless has gone bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188675-wireless-network-card-disappeared.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Alright so I've been through two extremely cheap network cards on my computer so far, and typically they've done this thing where they'd be fine (30-70 ping) and then thered be points to where they would get 800-1k ping and sometimes 2k ping. Most of them I've totally destroyed through rage, or by messing with the antenna (or what have you one was a USB) until I got my ping back.

Is there anywhere I can get a network card that will frigen work, and I'm pretty sure it's not my router because I had a laptop which had no problem with internet (other than -2 fps on most games).

I was thinking this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054L9PWO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF

or this one: http://www.wireless-reviews.com/routers/medialink-wireless-n-router-review

A:Decent wireless network card?

What did you decide on using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decent-wireless-network-card.178384/
Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a MSI Wireless Network Card and placed it in a PCI slot of an integrated motherboard (audio, video and network) and it won't even power it on, I have tried the card in another computer and it works fine, apparently none of the PCI slots are working, are there any pci settings that I can change? (If I change some settings the computer won't even start.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-recognize-wireless-network-card.34533/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok I inserted my Belkin Wireless Notebook Network Card IEEE g Mbps model no F D after i did that i got to this screen http img echo cx my php image et png then this http Notebook Belkin Card. Wireless Network img echo cx my php image fa png i hit next and got this message http img Belkin Wireless Notebook Network Card. echo cx my php image xz png i hit ok and got this http img echo cx my php loc img amp image as png i put the disk in which autoran its program but i didnt hit anything on it yet and pressed ok nothing happens ---------------------------------------------- after this i tried using the sick itself ignoring the quot Found New Hardware Wizard quot The CD is labvled quot Easy Installation Wizard quot Includes Easy Installation Wizard and Installation Manual I finished with the program and it said all i have to do now is open up my browser and start surfing But as you can guess i wasnt connected to the internet yet So here i am now ----------------------------------------------- Thanks before hand for any help nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, the thread question is self explanatory. I was just wondering if there are any signs of a dying wireless network card, Mine is over 1 year and some months now. I'm unsure if I should replace it or not.

Relevancy 52.89%

I want to change my Atheros wi-fi network card with this  Intel AC 7260. Somebody can tell my if i need to upgrade my BIOS for my model to install this card?    

A:Wireless Intel AC 7260 network card

We need the full model number but updating the BIOS will not enable the use of any additional wireless cards. HP did in the past use a whitelist which dictates that you can only use certain specific models and the relevant question is whether your laptop is pre- or post- whitelist. Generally the cutoff is around January 1, 2014 as the build date. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Intel-AC-7260-network-card/td-p/5652002
Relevancy 52.89%

Can anyone help on this?

I've got a friend who's upgraded to Vista but his wifi card's not compatible.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Karn

Relevancy 52.89%

Currently we have a wireless network in our house, but one PC downstairs does not have a wireless card. The room is also not wired for Internet cable service, so we are using one of those connections that plugs into the electric socket.

I'm wondering if I replace the current network card with a wireless card if my connection would be faster? Also, do wireless cards for PCs also come with the option to hard wire...in case the wireless connection ends up being slow since the PC is downstairs from the router?

Thanks all.

A:Wireless network card for PC a good idea?

I use one of those Netgear wireless mini USB adapters. Works great. Whether it will be faster than what you have right now I cannot tell. Compare the specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346152-wireless-network-card-pc-good-idea.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Install linksys WMP54G card after removing a WMP54GR card,
installed Ralink drivers

error message - device name already in use. .
and the device manager can't see the new card

what do I have to do?

thanks

sportsguy

A:XP64 install of wireless network card

Hi Sportsguy,

Uninstall all the driver/card software then place the card in another PCI slot.

Does it have any effect?

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/159554-xp64-install-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 52.89%

How do I get my Wireless Network Card to work ?

Can I use Windows to operate this Wireless Network Card ?

NB: Following on from my previous post at:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/912875-no-sound-card.html

Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

I had to do a reinstall of XP recently.
I have an IBM r50e laptop about 18 months old.
When I go to Network Connections on Control Panel there are no networks listed.
When I go to the Device Manager there is no network controller listed and my wireless card is not listed either.
I CANNOT LOCATE MY ORIGINAL RECOVERY CD OR PAPERWORK.
I have gone to IBM site and downloaded drivers onto another computer. I put the drivers on CD-RW and onto IBM laptop , but still cannot get system to find these things.
I need internet access on this computer!
Any ideas??

A:Windows XP will not recognize network or wireless card

Please go to Start>Run, type "dxdiag", and click yes at the prompt, if there is one.

Click on "Save all information" at the bottom right hand corner of the window.

Post the contents into your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-will-not-recognize-network-or-wireless-card.584242/
Relevancy 52.89%

I m using a Windows XP SP machine GHz Gb RAM I recently installed a D-Link AirPlus G Wireless network adapter Due to a silly mistake on my part I physically installed the card before installing the driver card problems Wireless network driver something the user s guide tells you not to do but usually no major drama right When the Wireless network card driver problems device did not behave as it should have I compounded the mistake by using the Windows Device Manager to uninstall the drive rather than the uninstall routine in the start menu folder for the card I don t know if this is what has caused my subsequent problems Anyway although the card now works I am plagued by three Wireless network card driver problems problems Firstly when Windows starts up most of the time it sits for several minutes on the wallpaper image before any icons show up Secondly periodically the machine suddenly forgets that it has been told about the card and comes up with the found new hardware wizard Arrrggghhh I then have to go through the whole damn process of reinstalling the drivers and utilities again to get the card working Finally I can not boot into Safe Mode for some reason - the on-screen startup log gets half way through loading the various bits and pieces then suddenly the machine resets and I have to boot normally Weird I reckon - since when is safe mode harder to start up than normal mode D-Link s technical support have been no help They tell me to call Microsoft technical support ha ha Do I need to mention how thoroughly useless they invariably are So ye techie geniuses any brilliant ideas short of a clean Windows reinstall I really don t want to do that given how much stuff is sitting on in and around my computer It d take all week Thank you pierznj nbsp

A:Wireless network card driver problems

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

You could try loading up a restore-point that's older than when you first put the card in, (remember to take out the card first though) and then do the install routine the correct way...

If that doesn't fix the problem, you're going to have to uninstall it manually...
First go to the "uninstall hardware" dialog (in the cp), then uninstall the software. Next load up regedit.exe and search for "dlink" "d-link" and whatever the card is called (ie "DL234"). When everything is removed, shut down your system, take out the card and boot again. Run regedit again to see that nothing is left, then start the install procedure.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-card-driver-problems.25993/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there,

I'm having trouble connecting a fairly old PC (8 years old) with Microsoft XP to the internet, via a wireless router & a Belkin wireless network card (plugged into a USB port). The Belkin software was installed successfully, and I've located & connected to my wireless router. However, when I open IE it won't connect to the internet. I have no idea whether I need a piece of hardware or software to act as the missing link, or whether indeed it is a question of my PC's compatibility, being so old...

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

Relevancy 52.89%

since building a new rig last christmas ive had endless problems with wireless networking specs asus p q-se intel e gb corsair dominator ram palit hd gb seagate sata II gb corsair tx series w vista ultimate bit wireless cards d-link g rev C and Asus wl- g v With the g i can get a connection to the internet but im getting only mbps despite mb internet browsing and downloads are painfully slow With the wl- g i can only get a local connection or connection with limited access Ive tried everything i can think of Wipe reinstall and try new drivers tried all pc slots removed second stick of ram updated bios cleared cmos reinstalled vista I've even installed xp on a spare hard drive and i get the exact same problems After all this i thought i must have a faulty mobo so i returned it to the reseller they told me they have quot confirmed the fault quot and sent me a new one Yesterday i put my pc back together without any cards installed the asus drivers and put the card in connected fine and got good speeds on wireless card(s) epic network - fail the internet I rejoiced and celebrated thinking it was all over Then this morning i booted up and i got no connection at all after loads of tinkering im back to square one and both cards are operating like they did before the motherboard replacement Now i have no idea what to wireless network card(s) - epic fail try next and how to get this fixed Please help me out

A:wireless network card(s) - epic fail

Wireless A is what I use (I have a A/B/G card), while my wife and desktop computer use Wireless G
I have 19MB (19587kbps) down, 3MB (3743kbps) up. it also depends are your High speed Internet access, are you using DSL, Dial up or High Speed cable?

perhaps you should look at "available" networks , I suspect many are on the same G network which will make it sluggish. Try going into the router and change the channel. Try 11, and others untill you find one that is faster.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228078-wireless-network-card-s-epic-fail.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My PC now won't boot (or do anything at all) after i installed a MSI wireless network card.

It's not the card, because i bought 3 at once for our home PC's, and the other two installed fine. I swapped one of the working ones to the dud PC, and same problem.

The PCI slots in the PC work fine (eg modem works ok), so that's not it.

I guess it is a compatibility problem, but i don't know what to do now.

the PC is a pentium II 233 (i know, old, but it is my kid's) running XP, and a MSI PC11B2 wireless card.

Any suggestions? Help! I know i should get a better PC, but i am doing this network as a bit of a project...

Thanks

A:PC won't boot after wireless network card installed

If you haven't tried this already, put the network card in a different slot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-after-wireless-network-card-installed.262235/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey Guys,
Wondering if someone can help. After reinstalling Windows from scratch, I'm trying to install the Belkin Wireless G Plus desktop card. When I boot up the PC, it recognizes the new hardware, so when I try to install the software the Wizard prompts me for the BCMWL5.SYS file but it's nowwhere to be found. When I insert the install CD, it doesn't find it there either. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless Network card for Desktop

hiya.have you put your belkin install cd in,then go to my computer and double-click the drive it is in and select explore,go to the drivers folder and select the xp driver and install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-card-for-desktop.914832/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have recently just finished building up my own PC, and after installing Windows 7 x64, I realised that I never had a wireless card to connect to the internet. I went out and bought a wireless card (Micronet SP906GK) and installed that into my computer. After installing I rebooted my pc and for some reason the wireless card could not pick up any networks at all. I then installed the latest Windows 7 drivers for the card but it still did not pick up any networks. This was the case until last night when I tried troubleshooting, and after rebooting my PC it managed to pick up one network (which isn't mine). Since then the wireless card has not managed to pick up any other networks other than that one and I cannot think of anything else to do.

If anyone can help me it will be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Callum.

A:Purchased new wireless card but It can't pick up my network

Is the antenna securely fastened and out in the open where it has a fighting chance to function? (Some people hide it in a corner boxed in by the computer.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/purchased-new-wireless-card-but-it-cant-pick-up-my-network.1037908/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys

ive just instaled a new DWL-G510 d-link wireless network card in my step sister pc that has win 98 se. the card works fine and detects the shared network in her appartement block wich is unsecured! With the dlink app i can see all the info on the router but when i click conect it dosent do a thing. After 3 hours im turning to you guys for help.

I dont know the brand of the routeur but im her roommate has the same card and it works fine (she as win XP of course). and the help file only gives support for Win Xp (like we need it in Xp!!!)

Tanks in advance
Neo :wave:

A:D link pci wireless network card in win98

Hey Neo,

Just so I understand...

Everyone has XP and you are having problems with 98. If you want to access network computers for file or print sharing you need to move the protocol to NetBIOS or NetBEUI over TCP/IP - this is the simplest.

Better yet - but since your dealing with other peoples computers, don't know if they would like this - Move all print and file sharing to IPX/SPX NetBEUI. Get it off TCP/IP/NetBIOS all together.

98 will not communicate with XP without some kind of NETBios/NetBEUI overlaying your BASIC protocol - Good Luck.

FireDoc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-pci-wireless-network-card-in-win98.42625/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok so I did something and IDK what a bout a week ago I had some Microsoft C errors that had something to do with issues Card EXTERNAL network wireless my wireless network adapter card My laptop is a Compaq evo EXTERNAL wireless network Card issues n c everything was ok until about days ago when I reinstalled windows I have no yellow marks in the device manager so I am pretty sure I have all my drivers I reinstalled the wlan utility but I do not see the net card at all in Dev man Plug and play is not detecting it now I was thinking maybe the plug and play had been disabled but in an attempt to prove it I plugged a different printer to my laptop and plug and play immediatly found it I have also tried manually installing but my laptop wont find it Im at a loss as to what else I can try here could I have at some point burned the port out Any help will be appreciated Oh the led lights on the card are NOT lit I have tried other card but I am only sure works nbsp

A:EXTERNAL wireless network Card issues

If it is a card bus adapter are you inserting it into the slot right side up. If it is upsidedown it will appear to be in all the way but it is not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-wireless-network-card-issues.790609/
Relevancy 52.89%

Problem connection intel wireless 2200BG network card pro HELP drops in speeed all the time I have updated to the latest driver for my BG adapter and the latest firmware for my netgear dg g router but i still suffer drops in connection This happens when I am playing online games such as FEAR I will go into a game and for about minutes the ping will be stable at - occasionally jumping to but after about intel pro wireless 2200BG network card HELP - minutes the ping starts to rocket to then to then into the s region and i suffer from major packet loss The intel software says my connection is quot very good quot and power management is set to maximum and i dont have any radio interferences around my laptop apart from radio in next room which is usually off Ive tried various quot fixes quot like changing to g only and changing the channel etc on various forums but it just doesnt work yes i have seen the other thread but its pages and most of it isnt relevant to me Please help me im just a poor man trying to get by and this is how i get treated nbsp

A:intel pro wireless 2200BG network card HELP

Do you get the same problems with a wired connection? May be an issue with your router and not the wifi adapter.. A good trick is to open a command prompt and start pinging your router from there (a la "ping -t 192.168.1.1"). Play the game until the game ping skyrockets. See if the router ping times went up too.

Try disabling/uninstalling any software firewalls you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-network-card-help.51343/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys I have a really weird issue with my Windows Pro bit Here are the details I tried All Wireless Card Does Not Network Work Installed, At But Appear to install a wireless network adapter The installation appeared successful Device manager tells me that the device should be Wireless Network Card Appear Installed, But Does Not Work At All working properly It also shows up as an entry in System Information But it does Wireless Network Card Appear Installed, But Does Not Work At All not show up in ipconfig all and it does not even work or scan for network When I try to use the Window diagnostic tool it says that something is wrong with the driver I've tried two network adapter PCIe TP-LINK Mbps USB D-Link DWA- Xtreme N Dual Band My friend tried replacing my hard drive and did a fresh Windows install and the card worked fine So it is not a hardware issue Here are security softwares that I use Microsoft Security Essentials Zone Alarm Spybot I am looking for a solution that does not require me to re-install Windows My Windows disc is buried in a pile of boxes Can anyone help me to solve this mystery Kevin

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388773-wireless-network-card-appear-installed-but-does-not-work-all.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey,

I've recently sucessfully upgraded my PC however cannot access the internet. I'm connected via a Wireless Network conenction and for some reason my computer isnt detecting my 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network Card. I think all i need to do is install the drivers, however i recived the card with my pc and the woman at the shop never gave me a disk with the drivers on. Does anybody know where i can find the drivers online if possible for the 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network Card?

Thanks alot,
- Lee

A:Solved: 802.11g Wireless Network Card Driver help

lightning89 said:

Hey,

I've recently sucessfully upgraded my PC however cannot access the internet. I'm connected via a Wireless Network conenction and for some reason my computer isnt detecting my 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network Card. I think all i need to do is install the drivers, however i recived the card with my pc and the woman at the shop never gave me a disk with the drivers on. Does anybody know where i can find the drivers online if possible for the 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network Card?

Thanks alot,
- LeeClick to expand...

Hi Lightning89.
Try this one
http://www.driverzone.com/
Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-802-11g-wireless-network-card-driver-help.454372/
Relevancy 52.89%

My Aspire Z5771 I have for my daughter just stopped connecting to my wifi out of the blue. When I go to network connections it does not see the wireless LAN card. Troubleshooting just asks me to plug in an ethernet cable then it had no other suggestions. When I go to wireless networks, its says wireless networking is not enabled. I've reinstalled the RALink rt2860 drivers several times, both from Acer site and newer drivers (5.0.37), all to no avail. I looked for a radio switch in case it got flicked by accident, but I can't find one. The original wireless keyboard crapped out so I have a logitech wireless KB & mouse now, so I'm not sure if there is a keyboard combo to turn or enable the wireless. Can anyone help me with this?  thanks in advance!  

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-Z5771-not-seeing-wireless-network-card/td-p/435427
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay i just purchased a new motherboard It s The ASUS motherboard won't Bad!!!!!new wireless card install network Need Help A N X DELUXE Well Need Help Bad!!!!!new motherboard won't install wireless network card just got this new motherboard and couple weeks ago had a different one biostar well with that board all Need Help Bad!!!!!new motherboard won't install wireless network card my hardware worked fine Now that i got this new motherboard installed which was supposedly the best motherboard of Anyways my Problem is that when i try to use my Internet with my wireless network card orinoco i can t because window s won t let me install it I am using xp professional So i went into device manager to see what was creating the problem and i get this error This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code Then i tried everything it told me to try disabling my on-board Ethernet network adapters in bios nothing worked I have pretty much tried everything i can think of Also i have updated all my drivers so i know that s not the problem Someone please help me Thanks Kyle nbsp

A:Need Help Bad!!!!!new motherboard won't install wireless network card

What wireless network card?

You may also try the manufacture on this, since its a new card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-bad-new-motherboard-wont-install-wireless-network-card.164643/
Relevancy 52.89%

Original Wireless Mini PCIE Card was a Intel a b g n card with Bluetooth nbsp Went to the store and got a newer version the Intel ac card with Bluetooth nbsp nbsp HMWWB nbsp I bought a new nbsp - 15 pl... Card Flex is Anauthorized Wireless Network AC router and want to leverage both and nbsp ghz channels from the laptop nbsp nbsp After installing in nbsp nbsp I did not get a compatability message I Flex 15 - Anauthorized Wireless Network Card is pl... got the message from BIOS saying Anauthorized Wireless Network Card is plugged in nbsp Power off and remove it nbsp How do I get AC support so I can start using GHZ nbsp nbsp nbsp I contacted Support and all they would say to change any hardware voids the warranty nbsp nbsp They showed me the small reset button by the power button to Flex 15 - Anauthorized Wireless Network Card is pl... get into BIOS but nothing could be done nbsp I am not impressed with Lenovo's Lock out approach on upgrades nbsp If this was a Dell I would have had no issue nbsp nbsp I look foolish infront of my client right now for recommending the Lenovo over a Dell right now nbsp This may be the last Lenovo I recommend nbsp I have reasonable experience with over a dozen in the past nbsp Would like Lenovo not to lock things down nbsp Also please tell me how to goto AC with this laptop nbsp nbsp

A:Flex 15 - Anauthorized Wireless Network Card is pl...

I located a maintenance manual for the Flex 15 and it shows that following is supported. WLAN, WiFi 2x2 AC+BT4.0 Intel 7260 2x2AC+BT PCIEHMC WLAN FRU 20200388 It looks like I should have a match.  I bought. http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX49056 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac, 2x2, Bluetooth 4.0, PCIe, USB, HMC Wireless Card

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-15-Anauthorized-Wireless-Network-Card-is-plugged-in-Power/td-p/1556424
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed my wireless network card(linksys) and the light on it on lights up when i insert it. On the bottome right corner, there is a silver icon. when i roll my mouse over it, it says WPC54G is inactive, i right clicked and opened the moniter and it says that it is searching for a network and i cannot click the refresh button b/c it is not solid, (all of this and the light still is not on) am i doing something wrong?? someone help me please.
Thank You

A:Wireless Network card Connected, No light

Please supply the following info.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-card-connected-no-light.592729/
Relevancy 52.89%

Is i better to ger a PCI one these days or USB? Which one is likely to give the best reception? I had a Belkin 56g PCi card before, that was ok.

A:What is a good wireless network card for Win7?

Both would give the same results but a USB device would be easier to install plus you could use it elsewhere if need be (whichever you choose make sure it's win7 and wireless n compatible

Something like this would do ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212485-what-good-wireless-network-card-win7.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My Aspire Z5771 I have for my daughter just stopped connecting to my wifi out of the blue. When I go to network connections it does not see the wireless LAN card. Troubleshooting just asks me to plug in an ethernet cable then it had no other suggestions. When I go to wireless networks, its says wireless networking is not enabled. I've reinstalled the RALink rt2860 drivers several times, both from Acer site and newer drivers (5.0.37), all to no avail. I looked for a radio switch in case it got flicked by accident, but I can't find one. The original wireless keyboard crapped out so I have a logitech wireless KB & mouse now, so I'm not sure if there is a keyboard combo to turn or enable the wireless. Can anyone help me with this?  thanks in advance!  

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-Z5771-not-seeing-wireless-network-card/td-p/435427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a laptop hp mini model LS001LA # ABM (hp Mini 1103) and I could not get her wireless network card that is damaged. I need to know if there are models wireless network card compatible alternatives with the card which is a Ralink RT3090BC4, or Broadcom BCM9431HMGB.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-network-card-on-hp-mini-1103/td-p/5727201
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just bought a Belkin wireless g network card (F5D7000uk) to go with a netgear router (WGR614). I can ping router with network card. I have tried disabling the nic and still does not work. I could get internet through the nic before. Tried disabling norton and my firewall. The computer has detected the network card and all drivers are installed plus the software on the disk that came with it. Wireless status is connected and strength is excellent but still i can not connect to the internet. I have tried everything i can think of and would really appreciate any advice!

Relevancy 52.89%

A few days ago my laptops wireless network card was working totally fine. I had reformated my laptop. It is still running Windows XP Home Edition. My network card will connect to my wireless router but then it will fail to get the IP address. I have tried to release and renew it and that didnt work. It just gives me a 169 IP address which is just a microsoft IP. I also tried to reinstall the drivers for the wireless network card and that didnt work either. Please Help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-ip-address-on-wireless-network-card.723612/
Relevancy 52.89%

My Atheros AR5B91 wireless network adaptor has started turning itself off randomly, and then I am unable to turn it back on using the dedicated button on my laptop. The only way to start it again is to restart the laptop. I have tried updating the drivers but it hasnt had any effect.

Acer aspire 5536
windows 7 64bit
AMD athlon dual core QL64 2.1 ghz
4gb ram

the wireless connection would dissappear and when i troubleshoot the problem I am given an error message saying

"The atheros AR5B91 wireless network adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems."
Any ideas? The laptop is over 2 years old so I thought it may just be knackered....especially seeing as the wirless network button doesnt seem to do anything.

Thanks in advance

A:Atheros wireless network card problem

sounds like a hardware issue - it may be possible to remove - clean the contacts and re-instal the wireless card - often found on the bottom under a panel or under keyboard

moved to networking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atheros-wireless-network-card-problem.1044256/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all nbsp Lenovo Z - nbsp nbsp Frequently dropping wireless internet connection nbsp Ran the Lenovo diagnostic tool nbsp nbsp Support told me I needed a new wireless card nbsp Several WEEKS later it arrived nbsp New card looks a bit different and larger ... a Lenovo Unathorized Network with - Wireless Card nbsp and has more pins but still fit in the slot nbsp With the new card when I boot the machine I get before windows or anything else loads Unathorized Unathorized Wireless Network Card - with a Lenovo ... Wireless network card is plugged in Power off and remove it nbsp Get back on the phone with support and was given options - either sending the machine away for who knows how long or reinstalling the operating system which I don't understand how it will work if the machine won't boot to windows Neither really work for me since the machine is used everyday all day for work nbsp Any advice on what to do Unathorized Wireless Network Card - with a Lenovo ... - or who at Lenovo I need to beg for a proper wifi card nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp Old CardNew Card nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Unathorized-Wireless-Network-Card-with-a-Lenovo-supplied-part/td-p/3390937
Relevancy 52.89%

Just did a complete Windows XP reinstall on my Dell D600 lattitude Service Tag 1GC2P51..... I went on to the dell support website and downloaded every single driver & downloads that came with that service tag and yet i do not have any wireless capability ...When I connect to the internet via an ethernet cord i have no problems but I have no way of connecting wireless.... under device manager I have 2 yellow question marks under other devices and they are ?Network Controller and ?O2Micro Smart CardBus_reader........Also i have very low battery capability and my BIOS driver D600_A16 download will not unzip because it requests that I have both my AC power and Battery power in (which I do) however my computer doesnt recognize that my battery is in

Relevancy 52.89%

I had a problem in this thread with BSOD which seems to be recommend with card 7? do network What wireless you Windows the result of an old wireless card and old drivers pre-dating Windows What wireless cards do you recommend that are compatible with windows Ultimate bit system Since I will have to get a new card I'd What wireless network card do you recommend with Windows 7? rather ask and get one that I won't have the same issue with it I realized after reading a post on NewEgg that I have a feeling the wireless cards in my other computers are having issues with Windows no BSOD but I get dropped off the quot internet quot for seconds or so then back on on and off all day but the router looks connected so I have a feeling they are not compatible with Windows either since I'm running it on all my machines I never would have connected that to old cards all my cards are at least years old possibly more My current card was an internal one using a PCI slot I have one of those open or PCI express slots open Since I need as much speed as possible since I work online I'd rather go with an internal as opposed to a USB card Thanks so much

A:What wireless network card do you recommend with Windows 7?

Any new one available should work for you, but check reviews. I prefer Linksys or Cisco products, others like D-Link too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/217092-what-wireless-network-card-do-you-recommend-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

At varying intervals my NETGEAR RangeMax TM Wireless USB Adapter WPN causes my system to freeze Sometimes the blue screen arrives advising that a shutdown has been undertaken to protect data and a memory dump is executed More often everything just locks up This happened when I ran XP an another computer as well I would love to just get rid of the wireless connection altogether but I am on ATT U Verse and they switched me from DSL to this quot improved quot wireless service and I have had crashes ever since on two PCs with two different adapters Thanks for any advice crash wireless from card Vista network you can give Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer DELL Inc System Model Studio XPS T BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode

A:Vista crash from wireless network card

Hi,

Probably the first thing I would try is to update the driver for your wireless adapter and see if this makes any difference. Failing this or if you've already tried the above, you could try going into the Device Management console (if you know how) and finding the entry pertaining to your wireless adapter under 'Network Adapters' or similar. Then right-click the entry and select 'Uninstall'. Then you can do one of two things: you can either click the button at the top entitled 'Scan for hardware changes', or restart the computer. Either way Windows should try to re-install the wireless adapter driver, and hopefully find your wireless network.

Post back here if you still have problems. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-crash-from-wireless-network-card-463322.html