Windows Support Forum

Memory not detected by Motherboard!

Q: Memory not detected by Motherboard!

Hi everyone!

My PC features are as follows.

Windows 98 second edition
801 mhz intel processor
128mb ram

I have decided to add a new 64mb sd-ram memory but my motherbrd doesn'st detect it and detect only the 128mb memory.

When I went in bios, it gives me only 131072 bytes, which equals the 128 mb.

Does any one have an idea about how to make the motherbrd to detect the 64mb ram?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory not detected by Motherboard!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory not detected by Motherboard!

Some of those old boards simply won't work with Double Sided RAM.

Does the RAM you are adding have Chips in both sides of it? What about the existing one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-not-detected-by-motherboard.94527/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device DVD drive or USB key and then gives up motherboard in stuck Windows Memory problem? memory or Diagnostic: Maybe memtest isn't compatible stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During Windows installation the UEFI boot stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be or motherboard Windows Memory Diagnostic: problem? stuck in memory a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? DVD drive or USB key and then gives up Maybe memtest isn't compatible with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? Windows installation the UEFI boot menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count Memory issues with skill and motherboard memory g Gigabyte RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- A-D Memory issues with Gigabyte motherboard and g skill memory Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled http Memory issues with Gigabyte motherboard and g skill memory download gigabyte us FileList Memory issues with Gigabyte motherboard and g skill memory Memory memory ga- a-d pdf http www gigabyte com support-downloads cpu-support-popup aspx pid I have posted the compatibility guides for convenience Basically I bought this system from newegg and I have never been able to get it to show that i actually have gb of ram though it is installed and ET recognizes all slots are filled I have tried to set the memory to the quot ganged quot setting as all sticks are the same G SKILL F - CL - GBZL still only still gbs I have tried to manually set the memory from to and I continually get boot errors Please help The motherboard says it supports up to gb of ram and both my processor and memory Why can I not get it to work nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

This is not about memory think... Memory BSOD's Motherboard I Maybe controller? my system it is about another system Someone I know is getting a lot of blue screens randomly but quite often there is nothing BSOD's Memory I think... Maybe Motherboard memory controller? really connecting the BSOD's except the same message some of the time Memory management but there were about other BSOD codes given at different times Ran Memtest over a weekend found memory errors replaced all the memory still getting BSOD's ran CHKDSK B and SFC scannow as well as startup repairs and windows repair from the disk and despite everything showing as OK she is still gettings BSODS So now I'm down to analyzing the dumps I've gotten as far as opening the dumps up and being able to read them but I can't make much sense of what could be the problem from here I have two dumps from today from what I can gather its still the memory even though its different chips BSOD's Memory I think... Maybe Motherboard memory controller? Now I'm trying to figure out if its the memory or maybe the motherboard I don't know if I'm even able to figure that out by BSOD's Memory I think... Maybe Motherboard memory controller? these logs Any help in deciphering these logs or other tips of how to properly figure this stuff out myself would be greatly appreciated Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Brandoni WII Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Mon Nov UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff e b a b fffff e Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt FNODOBFM string' bc Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis MEMORY MANAGEMENT a Any other values for parameter must be individually examined Arguments Arg The subtype of the bugcheck Arg fffff e b Arg a b Arg fffff e Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x a CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff d f to fffff c c STACK TEXT fffff b fffff d f a fffff e b a b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff b fffff f bb fffffa bdb fffff e b fffffa bdb a cca nt FNODOBFM string' x bc fffff b fffff f fffffa cfffff fffff nt MiDeleteVirtualAddresses x f fffff b f fffff dd fffffa b ef fffffa c fffffa c nt MiRemoveMappedView xd fffff b b fffff dd fffff cf fffffa nt MiUnmapViewOfSection x b fffff b bd fffff c ed ffffffff ffffffff ed fffffa bdb nt NtUnmapViewOfSection x f fffff b c d ba nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x ecd x d ba STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt FNODOBFM string' bc fffff d f cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt FNODOBFM string' bc FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e aaa FAILURE BUCKET ID X x a nt FNODOBFM string bc BUCKET ID X x a nt FNODOBFM string bc Followup MachineOwner --------- Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Brandoni WII Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff b Debug session time Mon Nov UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading u... Read more

A:BSOD's Memory I think... Maybe Motherboard memory controller?

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

It is almost impossible to spot trends from a single DMP file so if you have more than one please upload them. If you only have one please wait until the computer crashes again then upload both.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199770-bsods-memory-i-think-maybe-motherboard-memory-controller.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I usable POST, initialization No error. detected" "Memory Can't memory recently put together a Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected" new computer with parts from newegg and when I attempt to start it up my debug LED reads quot quot which according to the manual indicates a memory initialization error no usable memory detected My system CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Motherboard ASRock P EXTREME GEN LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX- M W ATX V v EPS V v Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Click to expand Things I have tried So I installed the whole thing LEDs light up fans whirring all that Just no POST I followed this guide to try and solve my problem to no avail http www tomshardware com forum - -perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems Currently I have everything taken out of the case with only the motherboard CPU HSF and PSU hooked up I have tried both sticks of RAM seperately in each slot I have tried resetting the CMOS I was careful to constantly touch the grounded PSU before I touched sensitive pieces I made sure all connections were secure and everything was in its proper place No matter what I try it gives me code saying that no usable memory is detected I don t see how both sticks of RAM I got could be bad I am now completely out of ideas Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-post-memory-initialization-error-no-usable-memory-detected.1022948/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have gigabyte's P4IM533GV moherboard. I purchased a philips 15 inch monitor . when i installed the graphics driver i found that often the monitor isnt detected by the driver as found on the graphics properties-> information page(scl or sda not working probably). I tried changing the board to a intel's d845gvsr motherboard but without any effect .Pls hlp!

A:Monitor not detected by motherboard

you need to install the proper drivers for your graphics adapter. after that, you can load the monitor drivers, supplied by the mfg.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-detected-by-motherboard.32100/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys
i got a hard drive from friend WD2500AAJS.
On his PC it was working fine, but when i connected it to my PC via SATA Port (Board model: Intel DH67CL), it doesn't show up anywhere e.g boot menu, on windows installation setup.

But if i connect it with "SATA to USB cable" , it works very fine.

i have tried changing other port on motherboard while different SATA connecting cable too, but no work.

what possible issue it cloud be ?

while on the same PC i am using another hard drive which is working fine with SATA port and USB as well. the issue is somewhere between hard disk and mother board.

Kindly guide.
Regards.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I recently brought a motherboard (Intel DP67DE) and like it was expected, when booting XP a blue screen appears... But thats not a problem at all becauses with the "Windows Repair" option it would be easy.

The problem is... I have already installed Linux (Kubuntu) with no problems, even Grub detects my old Windows installation. But then Windows Installation CD wont detect any of my HDDs, even if I use the same installation (no problems/errors in all the times I reinstalled windows).

Maybe it has to do with those new ports the motherboard have... Sata 3 and 4...

I just want to access my old windows one last time... then I can reinstall it.

If needed I will post my HDD name... When I get home
And thanks for taking the time reading my problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-bsod-hdd-not-detected.1063534/
Relevancy 47.3%

For the past month I have been attempting to put together a computer after my previous one literally lit on fire after a lightning storm An interesting story but not entirely pertinent to the current endeavor I recently purchased an ASUS P N-D motherboard along with a W PSU from OCZ Technology and x MB DDR memory sticks After putting it all together I put in my Palit GT and the computer refused to boot all it did was turn on all the fans giving every indication that it would start It gave me a series of beeps and upon looking up the specific beep code it turns out it s a quot video error quot which I must admit I found a bit ambiguous I reseated the card several times in card Video motherboard detected not by both slots on the motherboard but the issue remained I tested a spare Radeon HD XT I had which allowed the computer to boot up problem free with the exception of one out of place beep upon initially being turned on With the in the second PCI-E slot the computer boots without even noticing it s there I run Windows XP Pro and device manager doesn t show anything even plugged in to the slot I have read other posts where people explain this as a minor issue of setting the IRQ VGA settings of the computer into some other mode Frankly I have no idea what any of that means but from what I can gather that option isn t present in my bios Another solution I have read about simply explains to install the drivers of the video card and everything will just magically fall in to place Much to my chagrin upon attempting to install the drivers for the video card an error pops up stating that there is quot No suitable driver for my current VGA chip quot which effectively allows my computer to continue not functioning as well Video card not detected by motherboard as destroys any beliefs I have in magic being real From what I can deduce my video card is shot and I just need to suck it up and buy a new one That being said I am by no means a computer expert and thus would greatly appreciate some insight that would prevent me from having to spend or whatever it is on a new video card nbsp

A:Video card not detected by motherboard

did you make sure you plugged the 6pin power cord in the video card? also try the other dvi port on the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-detected-by-motherboard.124401/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay, so here's the deal: I have a brand-new HD 4850. It's installed fine, but when I try to connect the monitor directly to the back of the desktop (rather than through an adapter, which uses the onboard graphics...), the monitor will not receive video from the motherboard. My question is how I would go about getting my motherboard to recognize (HOPING it's not defective!) the 4850.

I might not have been clear enough, so feel free to ask me to clarify.

Relevancy 47.3%

Originally I boot my computer up to find that I have a USB over current detected error on my P5N32e SLI. I unplug everything and tried again but still no luck. Then I turn the power supply switch off and on and now the motherboard wont turn on. The green light that usually turns on when the power supply is on cant be turned on. My computer cant boot. Please help!

Relevancy 46.87%

I have an XP-Pro desktop computer to which an HP Laserjet is connected The XP-Pro machine has users one not change detected Laserjet after motherboard 3030 Hp being member of Admin group and other a restricted Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change user other Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change laptop computers on my home network all XP pro have the same user settings and connect to this printer which is shared Now some days back I had a motherboard failure and had to change the motherboard I put an Intel DG TY Unfortunately the Intel install DVD was scratched by my computer person and would not be read I downloaded the drivers for Chipset Graphics LAN and audio and installed them Everything went well I did not even have to activate my license again I have a External Maxtor USB connected for backup to the desktop and this installed without any problem But the HP Laserjet is just not getting detected I uninstalled the software and the printer But when I plugin the USB cable nothing happens I changed the cable but same effect I connected the printer to my laptop and it was immediately detected I think there is some problem of old driver still being there Can someone help me out If more details are needed I can give There was a problem of quot USB device not recognised quot flashing now and then on the desktop I think I have solved that by removing everything under USB Controllers and a number of things under System Devices and installing again But that did not help in the printer problem

A:Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change

Go to Start/Printers and Faxes. If the printer is there, right click and Delete it. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any printer software. With the Printer attached, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Are there any devices with yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and uninstall it. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end and restart the computer. Download the driver for the printer from the HP site and install that during the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable. This should install. Now right click it and Share it again. On the Remote computers log into this computer from the remotes by going to Start/Run and typing \\[computername] this should open the shares, right click the Shared printer and choose Connect. This will list the shared printer under printers and faxes again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-laserjet-3030-not-detected-after-motherboard-change-660441.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have motherboard change not 3030 Laserjet detected after Hp an XP-Pro desktop computer to which an HP Laserjet is connected The XP-Pro machine has users one being member of Admin group and other a Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change restricted user other laptop computers on my home network all XP pro have the same user settings and connect to this printer which is shared Now some days back I had a motherboard failure and had to change the motherboard Hp Laserjet 3030 not detected after motherboard change I put an Intel DG TY Unfortunately the Intel install DVD was scratched by my computer person and would not be read I downloaded the drivers for Chipset Graphics LAN and audio and installed them Everything went well I did not even have to activate my license again I have a External Maxtor USB connected for backup to the desktop and this installed without any problem But the HP Laserjet is just not getting detected I uninstalled the software and the printer But when I plugin the USB cable nothing happens I changed the cable but same effect I connected the printer to my laptop and it was immediately detected I think there is some problem of old driver still being there Can someone help me out If more details are needed I can give There was a problem of quot USB device not recognised quot flashing now and then on the desktop I think I have solved that by removing everything under USB Controllers and a number of things under System Devices and installing again But that did not help in the printer problem nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I just recently bought a new motherboard and processor I wanted to get an Intel e processor so I went with the EVGA nVidia i motherboard I ll post the exact model once I get home I already had an existing machine so I reinstalled Windows XP Pro bit after replacing my parts Everything seemed to run just fine but once I have Windows loaded neither of the Gigabit LAN ports are recognized I figured that they were disabled in BIOS so I made sure they were enabled That EVGA nVidia detected not 680i motherboard LAN ports didn t help so I figured that I would have to install drivers After doing that I still have no network connections Ipconfig shows nothing either I didn t have a lot of EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected time after I finished the build so I haven t yet played around any further than what I described above but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem is I m not currently with the machine but I ll edit my post accordingly once I get there and I ll post anything else I try as well As usual any help is appreciated P S Does anyone know what the normal or load temps that a stock e will run at No problems just curious nbsp

A:EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected

you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually supplied with the mobo. You may need to download Win64 versions (if available)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-motherboard-lan-ports-not-detected.83286/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone Yesterday I was looking for not 630i) nForce GT Nvidia (Motherboard: detected 8600 a driver for my old webcam Therefore I installed a program named '' Driver Detective'' However It did not Nvidia 8600 GT not detected (Motherboard: nForce 630i) do the job It seems like it' some sort of a scam based the research i've done about it As a result I've deleted it As soon as I've done the work I wanted to do I had shut down Now here comes the real problem When I started pc my monitor was showing a blank screen saying ''No signal input'' though I still could hear the GPU fan spinning at full speed I could get the image back up again by connecting my monitor to my onboard card but why is my onboard working instead of the GT I did Nvidia 8600 GT not detected (Motherboard: nForce 630i) not open the case or whatsoever I've also noticed that on driver manager it's not showing the GT instead it's showing the onboard card I've disabled it by rightclicking and was hoping that it would show the GT instead But it didn't fix the issue I've also tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall it again -bit display driver and chipset but no luck so far Also I can't seem to find the option to disable the onboard card through bios This problem has never occured before not until I installed ''Driver Detective'' crap Any solutions additional info Q ghz W ultimate bit

A:Nvidia 8600 GT not detected (Motherboard: nForce 630i)

Your best bet is to do a system restore to a point before you downloaded Driver Dedective (which is a scam). This will reset most of your software settings to exactly how there were before the problem began.

System Restore

EDIT: Also, if you tell us them model webcam, one of us might be able to find a driver for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/203784-nvidia-8600-gt-not-detected-motherboard-nforce-630i.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Today I tried overclocking my CPU; I eventually managed to successfully overclock the processor. However, my SLI config. doesn't seem to work anymore. I have the message "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" in my BIOS page. The Nvidia control panel says that SLI is enabled, but when I tested it in Crysis, the 3D indicators did not show up. For some reason the visual indicators do show up in a few other games. The game is much slower too, so I know SLI is no longer functioning at least in Crysis. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any assistance.

A:SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

Crysis is a real mess of a game. It's terribly optimized, and thus, it actually loses performance when SLI is enabled in most cases, and it can't even run with SLI enabled sometimes at 2560x1600. SLI is still enabled, it's just not doing anything in Crysis, because the Crysis engine is absolutely awful.

The "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" isn't anything to worry about. You don't need SLI-Ready Memory. It's just a gimmick to sell more RAM at a higher price than normal. The actual benefits are negligible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready-memory-not-detected.119490/
Relevancy 45.58%

i 'm using this memory card since 4 years ago but now suddenly its crashed when i copying files phone to pc.
memory card is not detecting on phone too
is memory card crashed or waste? help !! i need to use it :'(
i tried memory card reader ... here this screen shot below

A:Why my memory card is not detected?

They fail just like anything else electronic. Other than carefully cleaning the contacts there isn't much you can do. What does disk management show for that card?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47430-why-my-memory-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I replaced the original 4 gb memory card by a double 8 gb.

Before this, I checked the size limit. I found that max is 16, good:
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba...ite-c75/specs/

Bios is 1.30, the last as I know, and only 8 is detected by the Bios.

I crossed the two memory slot, and still getting 8.

I left only one, still 8. Exchanged with the other 8, still 8...

Please help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93783-Satelite-C75-A-10E-Memory-upgrade-4gb-gt-to-2x8-gb-not-detected
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

A:New Laptop memory not detected by windows

Quote: Originally Posted by curtranhome

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

type msconfig in search/

Go to the advanced tab. Is "max memory" checked? if so uncheck it. Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146875-new-laptop-memory-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 45.15%

In my XP Pro service pack 3, fully updated the full 4 GB of memory is not detected and used. In the System Properties and the Task Manager/ Performance/ Physical Memory it does only show 3.25 GB of RAM. But in the System Information it shows the full 4 GB. I did see at a Microsoft web site that XP 32 bit should detect and use up to a maximum of 4 GB, so what trick can I do to solve this issue. And in the BIOS the memory detected is; 4096 MB which is 4 GB, thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

A:physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a Dell Precision M i - MX nbsp that came with GB of Samsung memory nbsp I have installed a Samsung Pro TB SSD in the SATA and a Samsung nbsp EVO TB in detected. Memory M4800 not Dell Precision the mSATA slot nbsp I am running BIOS version A nbsp nbsp I have disabled the Intel nbsp HD Graphics in the BIOS nbsp so it only uses nbsp the Nvidia Quadro K M nbsp Everything was working fine I wanted to upgrade to GB memory so I bought Patriot Viper nbsp x GB kit nbsp Model PV G LC SK nbsp Each SODIMM module is supposed to Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. be GB PC - MHz V - - - When I remove the Samsung memory and install the Patriot Viper memory in all slots or just slots the computer doesn t boot and I receive the LED blink code nbsp quot No memory modules are installed detected quot However if I leave the Samsung memory in two of Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. the slots and at the same time install two of the Patriot memory in the other two slots the computer will boot nbsp BIOS will show GB however it shows the speed nbsp of instead of nbsp If I remove the Samsung memory once again it will not boot with the Patriot memory alone nbsp Why is the Patriot nbsp memory not recognized by itself and why can t I boot from it I looked at the Patriot Memory with the program CPU-Z The timing tables shows JEDEC JEDEC JEDEC XMP- nbsp All voltages say V Why is there no memory nbsp settings or XMP setting nbsp in the BIOS nbsp Why would Dell offer me an unlocked i - MX processor Extreme Edition but there is no CPU settings for the unlocked multiplier Please help Thank you Zak nbsp

A:Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected.

Hi Zak00,
Thanks for posting in the Dell Community Forum.
Just wondered if you've had the chance to read this article?  There is some good information there about how to choose memory for the M4800.
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19629099
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My old videocard, ASUS N6800TD 512MB has been showing an incorrect memory clock. Before I got my new computer it was my main card, and it's in a spare computer now but on my main computer, it was always running at 325MHz core and 540MHz memory, or at least this is what rivatuner reported. Now, it runs at 325MHz core and 1080MHz memory. I thought at first that maybe this was because 540MHz was the SDR speed and the DDR memory made it 1080 effective. However, the memory is DDR2, not GDDR3 so I don't know how it can be running at 1080MHz, which means that 540MHz must be the real DDR speed meaning that 270MHz would be the SDR speed. Does anyone know why the memory is being reported incorrectly or if it is incorrect at all?

EDIT: Even the Nvidia Control Panel overclocking feature reports the memory speed as 1080MHz

A:Video Memory Clock being wrongly detected (I think)

Nvm, it turns out my old videocard has been... well I don't exactly know what happened to it during production. But it turns out the memory which runs at 1080MHz stock goes all the way up to 1678MHz, and the 325MHz stock core OCs up to 520MHz... Believe me I don't understand WHY but in a comparison between my 7600GT XXX and my old 6800 at overclocked speeds, its faster than the 7600 so looks like I'm gonna return it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-memory-clock-being-wrongly-detected-i-think.63007/
Relevancy 44.72%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I already know how to go about doing this however I just wanted to how other's go about getting compatible hardware.

For example. Please explain to me how you guys would go about choosing your hardware and compatible hardware when purchaing your

-Motherboard
-CPU
-Memory
-Chassis

etc

I am going to be building my own computer very soon. Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

A:MotherBoard and Memory

You need to decide if you want a gaming computer, one for an office, strictly internet, photo editing or a basic all around family PC. Then you've got to figure out how much money you are willing to spend. It all matters on building a new machine that will be reliable and up to date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-and-memory.381376/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was reading the specs for a motherboard i am considering buying. under memory type it says sdram/ddr. i know what ram is, but whats the difference between sdram and ddr. do i need both or just one? and if so which one should i go with?

A:memory for motherboard

You only need one kind of RAM...

Are you sure it said SDRAM/DDR and not DDR-SDRAM?

The reason i ask is that the former card supports both types of ram, whilst the latter only supports DDR...

DDR is a faster version of SDRAM, as it has DoubleDataRate, which means double throughput of data...

If I were you I'd go for DDR as long as the board supports it, as it is faster whilst not being to expensive...

I'd also try to find a board which doesn't support both SDRAM and DDR, as they're usually performing a bit worse than a DDR only board...

.02$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-for-motherboard.1957/
Relevancy 44.29%

This mother board caught my attention since it's Sli with three inputs, except the memory standard confused me a bit. It says: DDR2 800 Support for up to 1200MHz SLI-Ready Memory with EPP.

I found memory DDR2 Pc2 9600 memory that's 1200 mhz but the question that I have is, Is this memory going to run at 1200mhz on this mother board? If it runs at all? Do I MUST have Sli configuration for the memory to work?

Edit: The mother board is deactivated...but I still wanna know. Please?

Anyday now..

A:EPP Memory and Motherboard?

Be patient someone with knowledge of the subject will respond to your post asap. You dont need to run sli cards for the ram to work, and yes if the motherboard says it supports up to 1200 ddr 2 you can buy 1200 ddr 2 and it will work fine. You may have to manually set the speed of the ram to 1200 in the bios, but either way, you should be fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epp-memory-and-motherboard.117006/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok so my bad motherboard? bad ? memory computer runs great except it crashes with quot fatal exceptions quot and quot hangs quot during playing games such as world of warcraft or warcraft - not all the time but seemingly random I look in the error logs and find these such examples Hanging application Warcraft III exe version hang module hungapp version hang address x For more information see Help and Support Center bad memory ? bad motherboard? at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp ------------------------------------------ another one Faulting application aim exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x f For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp I bad memory ? bad motherboard? have tested my memory sticks individually with memory diagnostic and get errors on both I find this unlikely and have a feeling my motherboard is somehow causing the problem It never crashes while doing web browsing or such- ONLY on games that use a good chunk of memory Is there any logs I can post here that would help an expert analyze it Thanks nbsp

A:bad memory ? bad motherboard?

sounds more like your software to me... if it was bad ram you would get funky blue screens(if you were lucky enough to be able to boot), and same with the mobo... i would just be easier on the computer, and maybe clean it up allitle( like the startup and things of the sort)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-memory-bad-motherboard.690062/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone I have a homebrew computer I built several years ago consisting of Tyan Thunder K x w built in SCSI MB Reg ECC memory GB Athlon MP processors internal SCSI drives NTFS filesystem of which were mirrored Windows Advanced motherboard? Help, please.. memory, or CPU, Server SP and recent recommended updates from Microsoft recent within one week It originally only had processor and internal drives When I got the second processor I updated windows to use the second processor The machine was initially stable But since adding the additional hardware while initially stable it became less stable Help, please.. memory, CPU, or motherboard? over Help, please.. memory, CPU, or motherboard? time And of course it ran hotter Anyways that is a little background Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago machine starts giving BSOD more frequently with either the KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED ntoskl sometimes listed sometimes not or IRQ not less than or equal to error When it attempts to report I get another blue screen complaining a couple of non specific messages stating if you see this Help, please.. memory, CPU, or motherboard? more than once yada yada Well now I can only occasionally get it to boot in safe mode and not for long Last time it tanked while trying to look at the event viewer which only reported the xE kmode error So booted into memtest off of floppy Ran for about minutes before I saw a bunch of red and white text didn t see it all and it immediately tanked Came back to a black screen with dots and stripes on it Turned it off for a while back on and it froze immediately in memtest Ok so I m thinking I definately have a hardware problem we are now pulling each memory stick and running memtest on each to see what happens Also noticed that one of the CPU fans was barely spinning so overheating a possibility So if we can get the fan operating properly and if we can t isolate the problem to one memory stick or the other how does one go about determining if it is a CPU or motherboard issue If I pull one of the CPU s will the now multi-cpu windows even boot Now for the bigger question my data Part of it is on the boot drive in a seperate partition from the operating system The other part is on one of the mirrors The last time it booted I stopped the resynching of the mirrors and removed the mirror it was trying to sync up In theory I should have two normal NTFS disks that I wish to recover data from How best do I do this I m honestly thinking of a data recovery service as the data is THAT important to me Ideally I d like the machine to stay up long enough to pull my data off to the machine I m typing on now if I can do that I m gonna take personal delight in taking it to a firing range and driving the final nail into it But I can t until I have my data Suggestions I know there are a lot of questions here but please help me if you can nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE MOTHERBOARD (ELECTRIC SHOCK DAMAGE).INEED A NEW ONE. I HAVE A COMPUTER WITH RAMBUS MEMORY, PENT.4- 1.7GHZ., ATI RANDEOM 64MB. DVD, CD-R.

WHAT KIND OF MOTHERBOARD I NEED?, COMPATIBLE WITH THE PROCESSOR (AND FUTURE UPGRADE PROCESSOR -HT TECHNOG.) AND MY MEMORY? RAMBUS WHAT IS? DDR, SIMM, DIMM, SRAM?????
RAMBUS IS A GOOD TYPE OF MEMORY OR I NEED TO CHANGE TO ANOTHER TYPE OF MEMORY?

PLEASE HELP ! ! ! ! ! HELP !!!!

mailto:[email protected]

A:Motherboard & Memory

Hi tiger_00925, Welcome to TSG !!
Try going here !!
Personnally i have an aopen with athlon cpu, but asus is pretty good. Just look around the site I gave you and see what you come up with. You can post back to see how you are doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-memory.117618/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm buying an ASUS P5Q LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard with an E8500 processor and a Radeon HD 4870. The memory standard is DDR2 1200, but is it possible to use lower speeds like DDR2 1066? Also if anybody has better recommendations for a motherboard ($100-$200) I'd like to hear them. Thank you in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131295

A:Use which memory for motherboard?

You can use DDR2 PC2 5300, PC26400, PC2 8500, or PC2 9600, in 2 GB modules per slot... use matched pairs. I recommend Crucial for their ability to read your board on line and verify.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-which-memory-for-motherboard.109039/
Relevancy 44.29%

Any one know how to test test if a cpu is bad or a memory chip is bad ??? and if the mother board is bad ???? How do u test them individually ???

Thanks.

A:cpu, memory, motherboard BAD ????

well use the memory in a known good system.. and to test the motherboard at hand take all the memory out and if you get no system beeps then the system board is bad..just make sure a system speaker is present and not the on board audio..processor needs to be in during testing and if you get system beeps then the proc is probable ok..good luck mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-memory-motherboard-bad.47747/
Relevancy 44.29%

X58 motherboard GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 looking to know what ddr 3 memory would be best buy thanks

A:X58 motherboard ddr 3 memory

OCZ, Corsair, Kingston all have good 1600MHz kits. I wouldn't go any slower than 1600MHz cuz the prices are pretty much the same and I wouldn't go any higher cuz the premiums aren't worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x58-motherboard-ddr-3-memory.147165/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all
I'm about to install a asus a7n8x/e-deluxe board, athlon XP 3200 barton and 1GB of pc3200 400ddr dram. I think that all matches up ok as fsb's all match etc.
BUT, am I likely to experience any problems by just swopping these new components over and restarting win home XP SP2.
I'm expecting a few device driver probs but ! is there anything I can do to minimise problems?
Will XP just load it all up for me ?

Your help before it all arrives on Monday would be great.

A:New motherboard/memory/cpu

It sounds like your saying you are going to use your old Hdd and try to boot to Windows.
If this is what you mean ,Don't.
It would be better to do a clean install on a fresh formatted drive .
I hope you have backed up all your data for a easy recovery of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-memory-cpu.16837/
Relevancy 43.86%

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

A:special pool detected memory corrupt BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by ceril

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205159-special-pool-detected-memory-corrupt-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS sometime ago but when I tried to upgrade the memory from GB to GB I ran into some problems First off here are the specifications of my PC which will hopefully give more information for Dell in 8000 not Bios - detected Memory XPS Studio anyone who is willing to help me troubleshoot Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 my predicament Dell Studio XPS Chassis Serial Number WWXML Running Windows - bit Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board Dell Inc X R A Serial Number CN BM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Chipset Intel D rev The original memory configuration that came with my Dell Studio XPS is as follows DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White I had a total of gb of memory I replaced it with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB This was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty I had planned on buying another pack of Corsair DDR GB x GB if the GB worked therefore bringing me to the maximum amount of GB of memory which is all the motherboard can handle according to specifications However when I booted the computer with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB only GB of the GB registered in the Bios I rotated the strips and they were both good When I went to switch back to the original configuration that came with the computer DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White My PC would not boot and made a continuous beeping sound I am no longer able to use the original Dell memory in any configuration Therefore I am stuck with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB that was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty Slot White with GB of Ram being the only memory recognized The GB in Slot White does not register in the Bios and is not seen by other software utilities that I have tried Hopefully you can now see my frustration and realize that I now have less memory available to me than originally came with my PC I read through many internet forums and tried all sorts of different things to solve the problem but the results are always the same leaving my PC with only GB of memory to be accessed I m guessing that there must be something wrong with the motherboard but I m really not sure Unfortunately Dell has been of very little help Not sure what my next step should be but if there is anyone out there that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John M nbsp

A:Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000

As that model doesnt have diver support for windows 10, that may be part of the issue. That rig wasnt meant for w10, have you considered going back? That may help. I dont see a way to run that OS on that hardware. At least reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-not-detected-in-bios-dell-studio-xps-8000.1158719/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have McAfee and whenever I scan the laptop it tells me that is memory cannot detected McAfee removed by in ntoskrnl-hook be but a Trojan named NTOSKRNL-HOOK is removed from the memory and that it is a Generic Rootkit d rootkit McAfee is not able to find any file in the system that is been infected The trojan is always there in the memory even if I scan the memory many times At the beginning it was directing me to other websites whenever I ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed was using IE or firefox to open a link I tried to remove it by going through the procedures explained in this link hxxp thecooltools blogspot com remove-ntoskrnl-hook-generic html After removing the infected files when I return ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed to normal mode the Trojan is in the memory again Now the on-access scan is disabled completely and I cannot enable it I ran ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed dds scr and the results are attached When I run gmer exe it stops after a while and the computer stops functioning I am not even able to move the mouse and I need to reset the laptop Once I stoped the gmer and saved the results in Ark txt which is attached Note that what is in Ark txt is not the complete result of scan I appreciate your help Here is dds txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Mohsen at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning disabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Documents and Settings Mohsen Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFav... Read more

A:ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 149 GiB total, 14.243 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Download ComboFix from any of the links below. You must rename it to Combo-Fix before saving it. Save it to your Desktop.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Main and select 'Always ask me where to save files' and click OK.

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix.exe to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
Get help here
Double-click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
If you are prompted to download a newer version of ComboFix, please choose Yes
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ntoskrnl-hook-is-detected-by-mcafee-in-memory-but-cannot-be-removed-403607.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So I ve built this new system and recently I ve been getting some memory issues GB x gb ddr mhz There are total slots on the motherboard for memory Using the first set of for triple channel I got some results Using the or Motherboard memory problem? other slots the computer didn t boot at all Not even POST I ran Motherboard or memory problem? memtest and this is what I ve got Individual sticks in each Motherboard or memory problem? slot all pass Every combo of sticks failed Motherboard or memory problem? at of first test all test freezes at of first test I ve never used memtest before today so I m not quite sure what these results mean Is it faulty memory or possibly a motherboard problem Motherboard EVGA X SLI LE Let me know if any other information is needed P S Also for some reason a few seconds after shutting down my computer while I was changing and testing the memory I hear a slight sizzling sound coming from somewhere on the board though I can t tell where Normal or could this have something to do with my memory problem Thanks nbsp

A:Motherboard or memory problem?

did you test each stick of ram or all of the at once

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-or-memory-problem.142108/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have tried 4 different cpus and 2 differnet motherboards and the boards just wont post. I now have a brand new motherboard and cpu and new memory and it still wont post. The board takes a 24plus 4 pin power supply. The power supply is the only thing they have left in common. I do get power to the board as the cpu fans fun no problem. I was told it could be a short in the power supply. Is it possible I need a new power supply. This one is less than 6 months old.

A:New motherboard, memory and CPU won't post

Posting some system specs would probably help with troubleshooting. You're not giving us much to go on.

If you have tried all these combinations then check that you don't have a misplaced motherboard standoff connectiong with the board.
As a standard troubleshooting procedure I would assemble the the system outside the chassis using the bare requirements for a POST; Motherboard, CPU, cooler, 1 stick of RAM, video card, monitor, keyboard and power connections (24 pin mainboard and the 4 (or 8 pin) EPS 12v). If the board has an onboard power switch then you don't need to connect the chassis power connections to the board. Assemble the board on the anti-static bag the board shipped with, on top of the motherboard box and/or table.
If you leave the PSU plugged in at the wall but TURNED OFF while assembling and disassembling then touching any unpainted surface on the chassis occasionally will dissipate anu accumulated static charge
Get the PSU tested. Age is not the only determining factor to consider in a failing power supply. Build quality, physical damage and bad luck can all play their part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-memory-and-cpu-wont-post.141904/
Relevancy 43.86%

For a couple of weeks my computer would shut down in the earliest phases of start up. It could only be restarted if you turned off the power first. I did nothing about this....smart!
Now, the the computer does nothing but give me the 3 beep code (AMI BIOS). The first thought is memory. I removed each module (DDR SDRAM), and tested each in different slots, so unless both memory modules are bad, I have to replace the motherboard.....Right?
Is there anything else I should be considering?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ami-3-beeps-memory-or-motherboard.642393/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 motherboard. I checked in the manual and it doesn't say this memory is compatible, but yet the motherboard is compatible with DDR3 1600MHz. Also I checked on Corsair's website and the memory finder tool they have doesn't even have my motherboard listed.

Here's the RAM I'm thinking about buying: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6688614&CatId=4527

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all Can anyone shed any light on this one I have just bought more sticks of mem to bring the total upto gb I have been running with the gb with no problems or issues - existing sticks on Memory / Motherboard Problem mobo in dimm slots and Put the new sticks in slots and and the pc wont post and i get a d error on the mobo led code thing which is either and i quote quot Early PM Initialization quot or quot Init Memory Controller - ProdF - final ladder and wallclock algorithms quot The new sticks are the same as the old ones and if i swop them about only using Motherboard / Memory Problem slots and the pc works without problems - so all the sticks of mem are ok But if i put anything in slots and or pc wont work Has anyone had this issue or am i overlooking something a setting that may need changing or has the mobo gone south System details Mobo BFG Tech nForce i sli Mem OCZ P Motherboard / Memory Problem R GK OS Vista Home Pre Any suggestions Cheers Jim nbsp

A:Motherboard / Memory Problem

DDR2 PC2-4200/5300/6400 (533/667/800) system memory (240-pin DIMM)

Download this Flash bios update: http://www.bfgtech.com/CMDocs/BFGTech/NVIDIA_HOTFIX_121906_G.EXE.zip
Instructions here:
http://www.bfgtech.com/instructions.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-memory-problem.103512/
Relevancy 43.86%

A while back I tried adding more memory to my HP motherboard. It orginally had 6GB, and I added 2x1GB sticks to the motherboard to make 8GB of RAM total. When I started up the computer, 1 short beep and 1 long beep came from it. I immedietly took out the new RAM sticks and when I tried starting up the computer a second time, the same 1 short beep and 1 long beep came from it again. I looked it up and of course it comes up as a memory problem. Is there anyway I can fix this or is the motherboard done for?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-Problem-With-HP-Motherboard/td-p/5714669
Relevancy 43.86%

I have windows xp and I have slots for extra memory. Can I just use any memory or is there certain memory that I can only use. Thanks in advance.

A:Extra memory on motherboard

You can only use (ram) memory that is suitable for your particular board.An easy way to find out is let crucial web site scan your system and advise.
http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/dra...82779:TM270QqoEGMAAGQ9vngAABDP:20101031185617

Once you know what you need where to buy it is your choice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-memory-on-motherboard.959706/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a question. Removing or adding memory would not cause a motherboard to blow correct? Worse case would be the computer would not read the memory. I pulled memory out of a machine ( Gateway 838GM - 2005 refurbished 10/05 manufacture date) and after the memory was added back the machine smelled like it was burning. Boss thinks I blew the motherboard and I was on the machine but even if the memory was put back incorrectly that would only cause the machine not to read it. I said I blew the motherboard but it is not my fault. Thoughts?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone , I need some help. I am using an intel mobo dp43tf I am using windows vista home premium 64 bit. for some reason the mobo only lets me use 3g of memory. If i put in 4g the board beeps three times and does not turn on. It did the same thing with vista 32 bit, only 3g? what is the problem, on the intel site it says up to 8g compatible- I have tried everything- bios - update all drivers-please help

Relevancy 43.86%

I am planning to build a PC with exsiting parts I ahve on hand. However, I saw a great sale for a pair of 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAMs (4 GB total). My montheboard is designated for 533 MHz. I was told that my exsiting 677 MHz DDR2 RAMS would work with this Motherboard but it iwll clock down. Will the 800 MHz RAMS also work with this board? The Processor is of 1066 MHz. Thanks.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi My problem is I have a Gigabyte GE- motherboard different generic mg memory chips and a cheap or memory? motherboard, Dodgy psu case Dodgy motherboard, psu or memory? i got about a year ago with a PT-A w Dodgy motherboard, psu or memory? power supply Often when my computer starts up it freezes This happens at the part when the computer has just counted the memory and locates the hard drive and the cd-rom This is a mongrel because it also resets my bios and all the settings i have on it Also the computer also randomly shut itself down crashes when the cd drive starts Dodgy motherboard, psu or memory? up Could memory be at fault for this or would this as I think make it more likely to be the power supply I ran prime and it picked up errors after m inutes so obviously something is majorly wrong I m going to have to replace the one of the three items or all and i was just wondering if any of you guys know where the problem lies thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dodgy motherboard, psu or memory?

Just one observation here - recently my BIOS Settings were defaulting on boot. I found it was merely the CMOS Battery that needed replacing. You could invest in one of those first.

You could also, if you have not already, try booting with each stick of ram in place on its own.

EDIT - Welcome to TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dodgy-motherboard-psu-or-memory.221406/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an Asus P5LP-LE (limestone) motherboard
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00379422

Right now I have 4 x 512mb (pc2 4200) memory installed giving me 2gb total. I am looking to upgrade, now i know the hp website says the max hp approved memory is 4gb. But will any more than that work? can i get 8gb? Or will the slots not even read a 2gb stick?

It's just easier for me to buy a 2 x 2gb kit and still have 2 more slots left over rather than buying 4 x 1gb which will cost a lot.

thanks.

ps: pc2 5300 will work (according to the hp site), will pc2 5400 work?

i am also aware xp wont do more than 3 gb ram but i will be upgrading to win7 very soon.

THANKSSS

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am trying to upgrade my system while getting rid of a failing motherboard I recently bought a Compatibility MotherBoard and Memory stick of mb PC ECC DIMM CL KINGSTON RAM I also have mb PC and PC sticks of ECC DIMM CL Ram in my old motherboard of the Ram slots have failed I believe cause when you put a stick of memory in them the pc wont boot up they used to work before with the same memory but do not now my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- XE kingston says it only makes mb sticks for the board so im assuming that it can only support Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility mb sticks but I read the mobo s faq sheet and it says nothing of this it only says it supports mb of ram total so I guess it wont use a and a stick together to make mb just x basicly I have questions Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility First CAN New BIOS and Mobo drivers make my mobo support the mb stick I have SECOND question CAN you use CL and CL Memory in the same PC as long as it supports Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility both memory sizes By the way the motherboard I will be upgrading too is a MSI K T Turbo MS- v this is what memory it says it supports Main Memory Three -pin unbuffered DIMM using six memory banks Maximum memory size of GB M x THANX FOR ANY HELP Supports v SDRAM DIMM nbsp

A:Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility

It will work with either cl2 or cl3, the cl3 is just a bit slower so it would be the limiting memory speed.

Problem is the MSI board does not support ECC parity memory so I don't believe it will work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-and-motherboard-compatibility.112856/
Relevancy 43.86%

Im a new builder and this is my first time building my own RIG.

I have a:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard

and Im planning to get a:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS - Retail
Model #: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

Is it gon be compatible? I have read some of the feddbacks from newegg who bought same motherboard and memory and they said the motherboard is having a problem detecting the memory. Is this something that i have to believe on or its just probobly their mistake.

Anyone know tha fact please help! Thanks in Advance.

A:MOtherboard/Memory Compatibility

Why not just go to the Asus site, look up your mobo and download the list of 'APPROVED' memory and then buy the one of those you like the best?

And yes, some memory (almost ALWAYS not approved) won't work right or won't work at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-memory-compatibility.77751/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

When you assemble a PC, and put all the parts together, will the external clock of the CPU(real or "effective") need to be the same with the memory clock (real or "effective")? Can you point me to some relevant article? Cause I think it works that way, but I haven't found anything on the net to support this.

A:About memory CPU and motherboard FSB synchronisation

with the new Intel chips they prefer the speed of the memory to be exactly divisible by the chip speed.
eg) The Q6600 has a speed of 1066Mhz so (from what I've read) it's better to get 533 MHz memory or 1066 Mhz memory. I don't think it's that importany for other chips - I'll try and find a web-link. The article specifically said that given a choice between 800 Mhz and 533 Mhz (PC2-5300 + PC2-6400) you should get the "slower" memory if your chip has a speed of 1066Mhz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-memory-cpu-and-motherboard-fsb-synchronisation.677236/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi iam building a computer from old parts and my motherboard has none of those memory cards or ram as i think its called any way will the computer work with out these or are they important??

my thank yous thousand!!

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi..Im think about getting this motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131004

what type of memory would you think would be best for it ?/ any info is appreciated

A:Thinking about getting this motherboard: which memory should I get ??

I would grab a gig of corsair XMS at the very least and 2 one gig sticks if you can swing it.

You usually can't run 4 sticks at full speed on a socket 939. That is whay I would try to get a dual one gig set. I would get this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145575

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinking-about-getting-this-motherboard-which-memory-should-i-get.446871/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am having trouble booting my laptop (Dell Inspiron XPS w/ Windows XP). After removing one of the DDR memory chips, it boots up fine. It doesn't matter which chip I remove or which slot I leave one in for it to boot up. Is this a problem with the chips or motherboard?

A:Memory or Motherboard problem?

From your post, I would say a problem with the board and or pw supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-or-motherboard-problem.867010/
Relevancy 43.86%

I currently have this RAM in my PC with the AsRock Z68 Pro-3 M and I would like to upgrade my motherboard to the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3. I was wondering if my RAM (linked below) would be compatible with this motherboard.
Mr memory: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222
Thanks in advance, James.

A:Is this memory compatible with my motherboard?

If you go to the manufacturers site and look up the motherboard there should be a list available to view or download for compatible RAM, you can check it there.

Unfortunately the compatability lists only include RAM they have tested so even if it is not in the list it may still be ok. Thing to do is try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-memory-compatible-with-my-motherboard.1050200/
Relevancy 43.86%

A while back I came across two pent. lll motherboards.
They are Intel® Desktop Board D815EFV/D815EPFV and Tyan S1854
Trinity 400. I have tried to get these working, but all I get is a black screen, no POST no nothing. Could this be a memory issue. I know they call for 3.3 V (only) 168-pin SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts Unbuffered. I have some PC100 & PC133 chips that I know are good, but I don't know how to tell the difference between buffered and unbuffered. Are there any markings on the chips to tell me. Don't want to buy more chips if this is not the problem. Any help would be appreciated

A:Solved: motherboard memory

Rich,

Even if you take the memory chips out, you should get a set of POST beeps!

Try that and rule out or identify the memory as the problem.

I do not believe you can tell buffered vs unbuffere by the look of the chip, but my experience has been that most of the PC100/133 memory was UNbuffered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-memory.323476/
Relevancy 43.86%

This machine is running Windows 10 64 bit with Bios version 6.07. It has the IPIEL-LA3 MoBo with G43 chipset and 4gb of DDR3-6400 memory installed. I would like to upgrade this machine to squeeze another year or so and have 2 questions 1.  Will this machine support the Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83ghz CPU as is? Do I need to update to the latest Bios ( 6.09 rev A) to support this CPU? 2.  It seems that DDR3-8500 memory is more available at this time. Can I mix 2 sticks of the original memory with 2 sticks of 8500 memory or must I replace the original with 8500?  

A:Motherboard upgrade CPU & Memory

@MikeMen, welcome to the forum. MikeMen wrote:This machine is running Windows 10 64 bit with Bios version 6.07. It has the IPIEL-LA3 MoBo with G43 chipset and 4gb of DDR3-6400 memory installed. I would like to upgrade this machine to squeeze another year or so and have 2 questions 1.  Will this machine support the Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83ghz CPU as is? Do I need to update to the latest Bios ( 6.09 rev A) to support this CPU?  Here is the CPU/processors that have been tested to work with the motherboard: TDP: 95WMotherboard supports the following processor upgrades:Intel Core 2 Quad (Yorkfield core) seriesIntel Core 2 Duo (Wolfdale core) Dual Core series The main thing is to assure that the CPU that you choose is TDP: 95W.  This is very important. 2.  It seems that DDR3-8500 memory is more available at this time. Can I mix 2 sticks of the original memory with 2 sticks of 8500 memory or must I replace the original with 8500?  Here is the memory that is supported by the motherboard and HP: Memory upgrade information:Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) socketsSupports 2 GB DDR3 DIMMsSupports dual channel memory architectureSupported speeds:PC3-8500 @ 1066 MHzPC3-6400 @ 800 MHzNon-ECC memory only, unbufferedSupports up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCsSupports up to 4 GB* on 32-bit PCs If you are going to add memory you should add the same that came with the computer.  If you want to add PC3-8500, I suggest buying new matching pairs.  This will assure that you won't have conflicts.  Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  If they recommend it, it is guaranteed to work. If you want to take your computer to the next level, you should take a look at the SSD's Crucial recommends.  It will make a world of difference.  I will never have another computer without the boot disk being a SSD. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Motherboard-upgrade-CPU-amp-Memory/td-p/5840566
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I was wondering how I would install 16 GB of RAM in terms of how many sticks i should buy and what slots to put them in. Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-would-I-install-16-GB-RAM-Memory-into-my-motherboard/td-p/5800237
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an AMD AM2 x2 4600 on a nforce4 chipset with 2g ddr2 value ram with an nvidia 8800 gts video card. I was thinking of upgrading to an Intel core 2 duo e6750 on a p35 chipset with 2g Crucial ballistix ram. I think the upgrade is a better match for my video card. But I was wondering, will I see that much improvement in performance? And would the cost be justified?

A:Motherboard CPU Memory Question

I think you will see a big improvement over your present setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-cpu-memory-question.95660/
Relevancy 43.86%

i'm planning on buying an SLI capable motherboard soon and was wondering if i needed to buy SLI compatible memory or just as long as i get the type of memory that's compatible with my motherboard i will be fine?

A:Motherboard/memory compatability...

The JDEC do not have a spec for "SLI Memory", and therefore "SLI Memory" is almost pure marketing fluff - all that means is the maker tested the same EPP ('Enhanced Performance Profile') you can get with any high performance memory on an SLI system. They then charge more for the same stuff, give a portion of the extra charges to nVidia for licencing fees to use the "SLI" brand on the sticks, and pocket the rest.

So use your good sense: If you have an overclock planned, buy RAM that is guaranteed to function at the Front Side Bus speeds you intend to run. DDR2 800 is plenty good for a 24/7 overclock setup, as it supports a 1600 Mhz FSB at 1:1. If you intend on running a plain old 1066 FSB, you only "Need" DDR2 533. The newer Intel chips with a 1333 Bus would 'need' 667 stuff. DDR2 is cheap, tho, and if you want something faster than you need, feel free.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/131061-motherboard-memory-compatability.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok I have finally done it. I am building my first computer and so far all is going well.
I have a question regarding memory. The motherboard I have says it requires or compatibhle with DDR 400 memory. I have DDR 333. Can I use it with this motherboard? Will it just run at the slower speed and hoepfully not have any other effects?
I will probably be popping in and out of here with many questions today. If anybody has any tips or suggestions as always any help and info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 43.86%

I got a motherboard and didn't realize that it requires 1.8v memory, so I bought like 3 GB worth of 2.0v memory. I've been using it for about a year and it works fine, but it seems like with my configuration there should be better performance.

So my questions are:
-Can memory that requires higher voltage downclock to whatever voltage the motherboard provides?
-If not, is my current memory not performing at it fullest?
-Is it worth it to purchase 1.8v memory and will I see a performance gain?

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.86%

I ran extended memory tests using windows memory diagnostic. I tested a stick of 512mb DDR333 memory in slot 0. It read 262 errors , all on the "ERAND' test.

I then moved it to the slot 1 (the other slot). It read 330 errors, all on the "ERAND" test.

Why would the same stick read more errors in the other slot. The same exact extended test was run both times.

Leads me to believe motherboard might be bad??

A:memory errors - motherboard bad???

No it leads me to believe your ram is completely incompatible. Did you verify that model ram with that motherboard at either mobo mfgr site or ram maker site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-errors-motherboard-bad.615154/
Relevancy 43.86%

I went in for a RAM upgrade from GB to GB This is my first time going into the computer so I did some research looked at diagrams etc Pulled out all the quot wirage quot from the CPU took out the metal covering to the innards of the CPU and released static by touching the unpainted metal surface went in and unclipped the old ram and inserted the new ram--in order from DIMM- to DIMM- put the Solved: MEMORY MOTHERBOARD or cover back on plugged in keyboard monitor and Solved: MEMORY or MOTHERBOARD power and FINALLY switched the power on And nada Six beeps no power to any other devices attached Researched some more and found out that six beeps means memory isn t being recognized and need to reset bios or something by taking a battery out So I did Took out battery and let it sit overnight Reinserted new mem and still the same response--those six cursed beeps Researched some more and then found out that a guy was able to fix his prob by unplugging the HDD Same response So I inserted my old ram back in--and guess what SAME RESPONSE Now my question What the heck do I do How do I find out what s wrong with it nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys,

Im in the middle of building a PC, I have the following parts already:

Intel E8400 cpu
nvidia 9600gt
500GB HDD
Tagan 600w PSU
+ Optical drives/case

I am only missing ram and a motherboard, and I have to admit the money I have left is pretty low
Im not looking for something too extravagant, but nothing that will outdate in a couple of months ethier (if there is such a thing ), anyway Im sticking with XP 32 bit so I guess its useless to go above 3GBs of memory (I have 2x512 800mhz ddr2 sticks). Any MB/ram recommendations much appreicated. I mainly use my PC for editing movies and gaming, not extemely powerhungry games tho, lesser ones.

Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

motherboard and more memory or just better motherboard

what would have a greater effect when gaming, if I bought 512 mb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820223006) of ram (i already of 512 mb) and a mother with 800 fsb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128292) or if I just bought amotherboard with 1000 fsb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127178) Just forget about the prices Please.

A:mother and more memory or just better motherboard

Howdy! Welcome to TechSpot

C_Conqueror said:

if I just bought a motherboard with 1000 fsb Just forget about the prices Please.Click to expand...

Um er hey , man I wish I could forget the dough
but alas I cannot.
Sit back, buckle up, we're gonna go really really fast
If you have a cpu that can take advantage of 1000 fsb, then by all means
this would pin yer head back! :haha:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mother-and-more-memory-or-just-better-motherboard.29097/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am building a little computer with an older MOBO Matsonic MS C and processor Athlon Duron Ghz The MOBO manual says this is the memory it takes This mainboard accommodates -pin Will work this this motherboard? with memory V unbuffered Double Data Rate DDR or -pin V unbuffered Single Data Rate SDR SDRAM memory modules The memory chips must be standard or registered SDRAM Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory The memory bus can run at MHz or MHz If your processor operates over a MHz system bus you can install PC or PC Will this memory work with this motherboard? memory modules that operate over a MHz or MHz memory bus If your processor operates over a MHz system bus you can only install PC memory modules that operate over a MHz memory bus Note SDRAM provides MBps or GBps data transfer depending on whether the bus is MHz or MHz Double Data Rate SDRAM DDR SDRAM doubles the rate to GBps and GBps DDR SDRAM uses additional power and ground lines and requires -pin DIMM modules rather than the -pin DIMMs used by SDRAM Click to expand So I went to crucial and they recommended this http www crucial com store listpa mfr Matsonic amp tabid CR amp model MS C amp submit Go NewEgg of course has it cheaper Here is Kingston Meg which is what I want--two sticks making up http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E They also have it in Retail for a little more How do you know which one you need of all the choices i e PC as oppossed to PC or some other one and what is the difference between retail and OEM nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

In the past for my own use I have just combined max memory to the board and ususally gotten good results, but now I am planning on building a system for a person in the business of web design. I want to combine the right parts to make the system perform at peak efficiency.

I am seeking information on the voltage ratings between the motherboard and memory. I have selected the MSI K9N Platinum which supports 1.8v DDR2 memory, and selected Mushkin DDR2 800 Dual-Channel rated for 1.9v. I realize that this is extremly minor difference, but say I was to step up to memory rated for 2.0v. What does this do? Does the memory not perform to peak because of the lesser voltage? Do I risk motherboard damage because the memory is pulling more voltage than the rating?

I would appreciate any info on this subject or a link to read up on the subject.

Thanks!

A:Motherboard/Memory Voltages??

the 1.8v setting is just the motherboard's default memory voltage. you can adjust the voltage to 1.9v or 2.0v in the BIOS (as well as manually set the timings to the RAM's rated specs).

there is no risk of damage to the mobo or the RAM, but performance will suffer if you do not manually set the voltage and timings for high end RAM.

the following information can be found on MSI's website for the K9N Platinum:

Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR2 voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
Example: Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 PC-6400 operates at 2.0V, 4-4-4-12Click to expand...

cheers :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-memory-voltages.55986/
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys, i've been looking into upgrading my desktop and have been able to do so without issue so far. here's my thing, there are 2 memory banks which i have already filled with a 4gb stick of ram in each. 8gig of ram and the machine runs like a charm. however, next to the two memory banks are two sets of holes in the motherboard that look like spots for additional memory banks.

can i purchase and install 2 ram memory bank slots onto the motherboard into those blank spaces?

my motherboard is a M2N68-LA (Narra6). i've found a picture of it here: Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra6) HP Pavilion a4311f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

i'd appreciate any help or websites to refer to.

thanks

A:add memory bank to motherboard

That looks like a negative, my friend. If your motherboard looks like that picture the manufacturer never installed the 3rd and 4th RAM sockets to the board (HP).

So unless you have experience with a soldering iron (and probably BIOS chip replacement?) you are SOOL (NO GO).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99096-add-memory-bank-motherboard.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi!

i was recommended to buy a GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P motherboard, and when i checked thier memory support list i saw that it is very limited.

i want to buy the CORSAIR TW2X4096-8500C5DF kit, (2x2024)and on their list they say they support the kit with 2x1024, but they dont have any reference for 2024 modules.

should i assume it does support it?

what should i do?

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

My wife's laptop has been very sluggish lately and we keep getting the above message by AVG. Would be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks a lot in advance!

A:Internet explorer high memory usage detected by AVG (164MB)

Hi vernontan I'll need more information in order to assist you with your issue. Please follow the instructions below.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;Speccy - Publish a snapshotFollow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575560/internet-explorer-high-memory-usage-detected-by-avg-164mb/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

A:random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.

Quote: Originally Posted by levitt

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

It is usually very difficult to diagnose from a single DMP file and yours is no exception. While there is no direct evidence I strongly suspect your Symantec. I woud remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183749-random-bsod-memory-check-says-hardware-problem-detected.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Eset Smart Security recently detected Win Mebroot trojan in the Operating memory It is also trojan Eset Win32/Mebroot memory Operating detected - unable to clean the Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan trojan and I do not know how to remove it The DDS log is below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lee at on Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Basic GMT Running Processes C Windowssystem wininit exeC Windowssystem lsm exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windowssystem svchost exe -k RPCSSC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windowssystem svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WindowsSystem spoolsv exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program FilesSpyware DoctorBDTBDTUpdateService exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem Dwm exesvchost exe C Program FilesDU MeterDUMeterSvc exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityekrn exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS DEBUGmdm exeC Program FilesAlcohol SoftAlcohol StarWindStarWindServiceAE exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program FilesTOSHIBAPower SaverTosCoSrv exesvchost exe C Windowssystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityegui exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeNDSTray exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeCFSwMgr exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeC Windowssystem sppsvc exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem wbemwmiprvse exeC WindowsservicingTrustedInstaller exeD Desktopdds scrC Windowssystem conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO FG CatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsbhoCATCH dllBHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program filescommon filesmicrosoft sharedwindows liveWindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program filesjavajre binjp ssv dllTB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllTB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No FilemRun egui quot c program fileseseteset smart securityegui exe quot hide waitservicemPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x IE amp Download All by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBhoall htmIE amp Download by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBholink htmIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLLSP c program filescommon filespc toolslspPCTLsp dllDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - c progra common skypeSKYPE DLLHosts www spywareinfo com FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c usersleeappdataroamingmozillafirefoxprofilesr z uty defaultFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnppl dllFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnprpjplug dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpatgpc dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpdjvu dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpFoxitReaderPlugin dllFF - plugin c usersleeappdataroamingfacebooknpfbplu... Read more

A:Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335548/eset-detected-operating-memory-win32mebroot-trojan/
Relevancy 43.43%

Alright, so I just got this new motherboard, an Asus P5GD1-VM, and I bought it understanding that it had 4 184 pin DDR DIMM slots. When I opened the user guide to see if there was anything I should know about limits on the memory, in a layout of the motherboard it said that they were 240 pin slots. but then in another section they were labled as 184 pin?!?!

so now im confused, and i need to order my ram. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Relevancy 43.43%

What is the best memory I can have on the following motherboard:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A785-M

For a normal price.. no need for high-end four months of salary thing
I want 4GB or maybe more (I do run 64bit win 7)

Thanks in advance !

A:Buying new memory, motherboard support

Computer memory upgrades for ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard from Crucial.com

Above link shows all compatible RAM at Crucial.com using their configurator for your motherboard model.

Take your pick from that list. You can buy from Crucial directly or make note of the part numbers and buy that RAM at the dealer of your choice.

There are several speed choices in that list. In your situation, I would just get the standard PC2-5300, Non-ECC:

CT2KIT25664AA667

Priced at 49.99. You may be able to find that same part number at a lower price at another retailer such as Newegg.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187709-buying-new-memory-motherboard-support.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm planning to get a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard. The memory standards are a bit confusing. So can it support a DDR3 1333 ram not oc?

A:Solved: Memory standard on a motherboard

Yes,with the right processor it can run 1333 not overclocked.
The memory controller is on the processor so use the type
of compatable processor listed in the specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-standard-on-a-motherboard.867342/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi again people Some of you will remember me from my recent threads and probably think quot Oh no and questions: memory. Solved: More Motherboard not this guy again quot Anyway I just finished building the system listed under my profile a few days ago Everything seems stable Solved: More questions: Motherboard and memory. well I didn t have the time to stress test it with any benchmarking apps but if gaming counts then the system seems to be running fine However I noticed a couple of strange things They probably mean nothing but since it s a new build let alone that I had to save for some months in order to get it I m getting paranoid Anyway enough talking here I go My memory is rated at Volts However my system runs it at Volts on Auto and there s no BIOS option to decrease the voltage I can only go upwards if I set the voltage controls to Manual Of course Gigabyte s easy tune and Everest confirm what BIOS says Check the attached pictures Is it safe to run my memory at these voltage What shall I expect If you know of any safe ways to decrease the voltage please let me know By the way I did my research before posting and seems like some other guys had the same problem with other Gigabyte boards There s a high pitch sound sometimes it sounds like an old PSTN modem - sometimes it sounds more quot metallic quot coming from my case It s not the fans cables GPU HDD DVD drive or PSU since I checked The only fan that I didn t stop was the CPU fan but I doubt the sound comes from it I guess it s the capacitors or chokes or even the northbridge heatsink My old Athlon XP board suffered from this but is still running As I said the sound is extremely low in volume and some of my friends can t even hear it Me on the other hand I can unfortunatelly hear CRT monitors and TVs What do you make of this It s a brand new board and it worries me a bit nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

IN DEC I UPGRADED MY COMPUTER USING A ASUS CUSL WOA & CUSLA ASUS MEMORY MOTHERBOARD MOTHERBOARD MHz INTEL PENTIUM III PROCESSOR AND PC MHZ MB SDRAM PIN MEMORY I HAVE BEE EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH THE MOTHERBOARD UNTIL I PUT ANOTHER MEMORY CHIP IN IT IT THEN WOULD LOCK-UP ON A BLANK SCREEN JUST AS WINDOWS ASUS CUSLA MOTHERBOARD & MEMORY IS TO START I TRIED EACH MEMORY CHIP BY ITS SELF amp IN EACH MEMORY SOCKET THEY BOTH WORKED FINE BY THEM SELVES BUT IN NO COMBINATION OF BOTH WOULD THEY WORK I THEN PUT A MB MEMORY CHIP IN MEMORY SOCKET AND A MB MEMORY CHIP IN MEMORY SOCKET ASUS CUSLA MOTHERBOARD & MEMORY AND IT WORKED FINE I THEN ADDED A MB MEMORY CHIP IN MEMORY SOCKET AND IT LOCKS-UP AGAIN I HAVE CHECKED EACH CHIP INDIVIDUALLY AND THEY ARE ALL PC MHZ AND WORK FINE I REALLY LIKE THE BOARD IT IS THE THIRD ASUS I HAVE HAD BUT I WOULD LIKE TO RUN MB OF PC MHZ MEMORY DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS THANK YOU email protected nbsp

A:ASUS CUSLA MOTHERBOARD & MEMORY

Please don't type in all caps.

It is quite possible that the memory chips you are using are not compatible. They may have differnt speeds, which would cause a problem like this, for instance.

PC133 is still new, and some of the makers of PC133 chips aren't doing a very good job of meeting the specs that they are supposed to. Based on your problems, the motherboard is doing what it should.

So, what brands are these chips? Do they have model numbers on them?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-cusla-motherboard-memory.35063/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Toshiba Tecra M2, 512MB memory running Windows XP Pro SP1. Motherboard was replaced by Toshiba last week including BIOS version 1.5. Computer is running very slow, choppy graphics, etc. Hard disk has been defragged and has 27GB available. Checked BIOS and both Level 1 and Level 2 cache are enabled.

Ran PC Pitsop and received the following warning;

1. Unusually low memory performance - 1120 MB/s. Same systems typically perform at 5492MB/s.

Before I descend into Toshiba Tech Service hell anybody have a clue as to what could be wrong???????

Thanks.

A:new motherboard - unusually low memory performance

I'm simply going to SWAG this and suggest that you install (or reinstall) the motherboard chipset drivers before you do anything else; once you've done that, reboot the system and let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-unusually-low-memory-performance.423388/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an ABIT VL6 motherboard. The manufacturer website shows this motherboard as being able to handle 1.5GB pc 133 RAM (3 slots). I currently have a 128MB pc100 RAM chip. I purchased (2) 256MB pc133 RAM chips. The motherboard won't recognize either/both. when I have only the pc133 speed RAM chips in and boot the system, the computer gives me repeated beeps and won't boot up. It does the same thing when I have either/both combined with the pc100 RAM chip.

What do I need to do so the computer accepts either pc133 RAM or both pc100 and pc133.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Guy's,

Question my friend asked me today and I was unsure of. He would like to know if he bought a mother board that use's DDR3 memory can he use his current DDR2 memory Dim's. I was unsure of this because I have heard mixed storys about this.

Thanks
RitualJman

A:Can a DDR3 MotherBoard Run DDR2 Memory

Nope, they're notched differently,

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198774-can-ddr3-motherboard-run-ddr2-memory.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer and brought some new DDR3 memory for my motherboard (Asus m5a78L).

Man code for the RAM: CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 (2 x 4GB 1333 corsair ram)

The problem is that I miss read the compatibility list and this memory is not on the motherboard memory support. My PC has been crashing randomly whereby the screen would freeze and the speakers would emit a loud buzzing noise. Is there any way of getting around this problem ? Or will I simply need to get a different memory set?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

A:Motherboard and memory compatibility problem

A bios update my further the compatibility list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198876-motherboard-memory-compatibility-problem.html