Windows Support Forum

Apartment Network problem

Q: Apartment Network problem

Ok so I do not know if this is the right forum or site to ask this question to be honest It applies to Linux though more applies to a networking issue So here is the problem I currently live in an apartment that has its own network that is given to them by their ISP So my router is getting its ip address from their DHCP server router and then I give out my own problem Apartment Network IP address via my own router So Im trying to be able to SSH into my machine or even just to remote desktop onto my Windows side I have my router set up accordingly and I can ssh into my machine when I am on their own network not my own but when I am away I cannot because Apartment Network problem my routers IP address is unique in the apartment complexes network Does anyone know a solution to this I was thinking a VPN into their network Apartment Network problem and then SSH into my own afterwords Problem is I m really not sure if this is a solution and if so How do I do it Thank you for your time I hope someone has a solution to my problem nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Apartment Network problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Apartment Network problem

This is a STATIC route or PORT FORWARD problem and without the consent the apartment owner, neither are possible.

Your data flow is

Code:
ISP == Apt.router---Your.router---your.pc
Assume the Apt.router is at address 192.168.1.1
If yours is anything else, then your lan is isolated from the apt and you have great security.
* to get Public access (eg from work) to your pc, you need to
cross the Apt.router nat, get to your.router and port forward to your pc - - complicated.​If your.router is on the Apt.lan (meaning you disable DHCP in your router)
you are exposed to all the other apartments,
and still need port forward to your PC, and that requires a FIXED address assignment in the apt.router.​
IMO, the conclusion is this is non-trivial, has dependencies on the good will of the apt owner/tech support guy and requires extra diligence on your systems for security & privacy.
This would need (imo) to be more than just 'I want to play games on the Internet'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apartment-network-problem.213209/
Relevancy 64.5%

I moved into an apartment recently and ever since then I can't connect to a certain program. The main one i need to use is soulseek, yes soulseek is a p2p program but it's for underground music (DIY record labels) only, it does not violate any laws like the ones this forum has mentioned (KAZAA). Anyway, my problem is that it will not connect to the server. I know it has something to do with the network that I am now on because I never had any problems at my former house, even when I was using a router. I suppose since every apartment has High Speed internet inputs it must be on a giant network or something I really don't know. Can someone please help me figure this out?

A:Apartment Network

I'm going to guess it's blocked by the apartment network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apartment-network.534561/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have the same problem except, I just moved into a new apartment complex that provides "high speed" internet as part of the standard services, the internet is provided by an ethernet jack in each room so I have no idea what the modem/router are if at all.

Relevancy 61.92%

Let me just begin by saying that I am rather 'computer illeriterate ' but with a network... apartment building's wireless to connecting my Problems little guidance I usually do fairly well Here's the story I have been living in an aparment building in Philadelphia for the past Problems connecting to my apartment building's wireless network... year Over that time I have connected my HP Pavilion desktop to the Problems connecting to my apartment building's wireless network... building's wireless network via a Linksys Dual-Ban Wireless-N USB Network Adapter It has worked well and I have had relatively few complaints other than the fact that the network is a bit slow I recently purchased a new laptop HP Pavilion dv with Windows Home Premium OS and I can't seem to connect it to the same wireless network It prompts me to enter a user name password and logon domain I know the password but I was never given a user name or a logon domain nor did I ever need it with the Problems connecting to my apartment building's wireless network... Linksys adapter - the password alone always worked still does when I installed the adapter on the laptop So I can connect the laptop to the network if I use the Linksys Adapter but not by just using the laptop's built in wireless networking anyone have any ideas why or any suggestions as to what I could do to correct this I'd really prefer to not use the Linksys Adapter on my laptop Thanks in advance

A:Problems connecting to my apartment building's wireless network...

Originally Posted by DaNNo71886

Let me just begin by saying that I am rather 'computer illeriterate,' but with a little guidance, I usually do fairly well...

Here's the story:

I have been living in an aparment building in Philadelphia for the past year. Over that time, I have connected my HP Pavilion desktop to the building's wireless network via a Linksys Dual-Ban Wireless-N USB Network Adapter. It has worked well, and I have had relatively few complaints (other than the fact that the network is a bit slow).

I recently purchased a new laptop (HP Pavilion dv3 with Windows Home Premium OS) and I can't seem to connect it to the same wireless network. It prompts me to enter a user name, password, and logon domain. I know the password, but I was never given a user name or a logon domain, nor did I ever need it with the Linksys adapter - the password alone always worked (still does when I installed the adapter on the laptop).

So... I can connect the laptop to the network if I use the Linksys Adapter, but not by just using the laptop's built in wireless networking... anyone have any ideas why or any suggestions as to what I could do to correct this? I'd really prefer to not use the Linksys Adapter on my laptop...

Thanks in advance!

What encryption protocol does the building use? Do you have a homegroup, or workgroup setup? what different between the built-in and the Linksys?

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245108-problems-connecting-my-apartment-buildings-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Yesterday I moved into a new apartment in Vancouver Canada Several friends came up with me to help me move in My friends were able to connect to the wireless network However as soon as I tried connecting to the network the wireless signal began to appear and disappear rapidly for everyone connected effectively cutting off wireless access This problem only occurs when I sign on Furthermore if at new Computer to connect unable to wireless network apartment I start my computer in Safe Mode with network access enabled I am able to connect to the net without any Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment problem My computer is a Lenovo S - running on Windows Starter -bit with the latest service pack I have so far tried the following solutions in no particular order Restarting computer Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment Restarting Wireless Network Adapter Restarting Router Changing wireless network from home to public Disabling home groups Changing power saving settings according to knowledge base article You may experience connectivity issues or performance issues when you connect a mobile PC that is running Windows Vista or Windows to a wireless access point Uninstalling Lenovo's after market power management program Performing a system recovery Disabling Re-Enabling Firewall Anti-virus and Windows Update Scanning for Spyware This is the first time I have ever had this problem on any network Does anyone have any ideas

A:Computer unable to connect to wireless network at new apartment

P.S. My Network Adapter is an Atheros AR9285.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205988-computer-unable-connect-wireless-network-new-apartment.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi. I've got this problem. I live in an apartment and I am forced to only use the apartment's internet service to go online. There are two ways to access the apartments network; via ethernet port or wifi. Once im connected and try to browse, I will first be taken an http login page to enter my username and password. The problem with this is I can only use the username and password for one computer at a time. Trying to get my second laptop to access the web using the same user and password will give me an error saying it is currently being used. As I have two laptops (work and personal), I would like to share the internet connection using a device that will allow either or both machines to connect simutaneously. What device will I need? A router, modem/router, access point, etc? And what configurations should I try?

Relevancy 47.3%

The apartments i'm currently living at as a max set on downloads and caps at about 115 kb/s when downloading files. Is there anyway to adjust any settings to unlock the hidden bandwidth that is obviously there ? thanks ahead

A:apartment d/l cap

Not really. Shy of approaching the owners of the flat and asking them, there is no way to bypass that. Also, we cannot assist in that.

closing thread,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apartment-d-l-cap.962398/
Relevancy 47.3%

What is " BHO Apartment "
is it harmfull?
What program placed it there?

A:BHO Apartment

Hi and welcome

I haven't located too much info about it. Is a program detecting it? Is it located in your programs list?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bho-apartment.1063152/
Relevancy 46.44%

i live in an apartment that gets free internet service its wireless but the apartment i live in does not get a good enough signal to run my ps3 wirelessly so i bought a router set up internet connection sharing through my laptop plugged my laptop in to router so that the wireless signal is stronger because its coming from router and not my apt building. my question is how do i change the nat type on my router for ps3 when i try going to ip address for my router keeps bringing up apts router page and my router just says gateway device and wont give me the web page.

if anyone can help thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apartment-networking.971371/
Relevancy 46.01%

Came home from work a couple days ago and my basment apartment was flooded Unfortnatly my computer sits on the floor The power supply and keybord got fried and somehow my quot bootmgnt quot got corrupted or lost and whatever i tried wouldn't bring it back I reinstalled windows and of my drives is no loger visible in quot Explorer quot but visible in disk manager upon futher investigation i relized i didn't have any permission to the entire drive I tried becomming the owner of the drive and then giving myself permision to it but i don't whoas.... :( apartment Flooded have the right Flooded apartment whoas.... :( to change anything I seems like the drive is protected somehow and i don't know how to undo it I made the user comp names the same but to no avail Somebody please help Flooded apartment whoas.... :( I have Gig of music in there thank-you ehren BTW I also tried sighning in as the Administrator and doing above metioned Edit sorry Flooded apartment whoas.... :( i forgot to metion i have gb drives in comp C gb amp D gb are on drive and quot storage quot gb is on second drive which i have no permision to http i photobucket com albums o creenshot jpg

A:Flooded apartment whoas.... :(

If it's recognisable but won't mount that would suggest to me the disk has been damaged, usualy I'd say it's become corrupted but this time I'm going to go out on a limb and say physically damaged.

Try installing your drive in another PC if possible and see what it says then.

If your quick you can get Paragon partition manager for free from http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ and see what that has to say about your drive.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/76879-flooded-apartment-whoas.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an apartment complex that I would like to set up internet for.

Actually, i had thought, what if I could provide internet to the tenants, but charge for it.... kind of like a hotel, but only on a month to month basis. Thinking, maybe $20.00 per month.

Has anyone deployed something like this?

The building is two stories with four, two bedroom units upstairs and four, two bedroom unit downstairs.

I have found a company that does this, www.internetapartments.net, I have not spoke to them yet.

Relevancy 46.01%

Recently in Internet New Issues Apartment I moved into this apartment and found that the bandwidth would suddenly just go from mb s to about mb Internet Issues in New Apartment s at around or so when Internet Issues in New Apartment everyone was home This wouldnt be a problem if my room mates connections stayed at a steady - mb s Many times the internet will slow down to the point of being unable to load anything The apartment has access points rather than me owning a router so fiddling with that is hard unless i call support but everytime they try to fix it they cant find the problem Any ideas of what could be limiting my bandwidth I ve updated my drivers played around with different settings trying to make it as high performance as possible turning off firewalls does nothing multiple resets havent changed anything no programs are hogging bandwidth One thing i was wondering is if the access points were getting confusing my laptop but i have no idea Some information about my network http my jetscreenshot com -n ym- kb jpg Random other stuff just incase http my jetscreenshot com -fmjd- kb jpg Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I want to set up a power line network between 3 rooms of my house.. I live in an apartment building. I'm wondering if it would be safe to set up such a network in my apartment, and if my neighbours living in the same building could somehow be able to access my network (I don't want them to!).

Are there any other pitfalls of a powerline network?

A:Powerline Networking in an apartment

Well, my experience with power line networking as been pretty poor, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask. My concern is reliability, I could never get good results in other than connections to the same circuit. Even the mix of equipment running on the line will affect the ability to communicate. Most power line network modules do offer encryption, so privacy is probably not as big a factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline-networking-in-an-apartment.830045/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone!

I just moved into a new apartment, and before signing the lease, I asked about the internet. They assured me that they had a dedicated T1 line to each apartment, and that it would meet my needs. I connect to a remote desktop for work, and have found that I struggle to maintain a connection for more than a few minutes. This obviously creates a huge issue for me.

On top of this, I play online games. The fact that I cannot maintain a stable connection for more than a few minutes makes this unbearable.

I've done a few pings to local servers and found that the response time rarely drops below 500ms. Ouch.

Is this something on my end or theirs? Is there any way to "massage" them into allowing me to have a 3rd party internet line (such as cable) installed? Or am I completely out of luck?

Thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi!

My apartment complex I just moved into offers free wi-fi. I can connect to it for a short period of slow-loading web page failure, and eventually get "disconnected" with limited or no-connectivity. Also, I have (but do not use, a D-Link wireless router).

Is there a way to use the wireless router as a receiving antenna device if it improves the signal?

I do not know what the apartment complex is using for their router, and have NO access to it. What is the best way to increase MY signal gathering ability to increase my connection?
Thanks in advance

A:How to get better WiFi signal (my Apartment Complex)

If your router has "wireless bridge" or "AP client" capability (few regular SOHO routers do) you can use it to connect to the complex's wireless. That's assuming that using their service does not include a page redirect requiring you to agree to their terms or login or anything.

One thing that may improve the signal strength is location--try your antenna other places (probably in a window or in the hall just outside your door ).

Getting a high gain antenna may help, but I don't know whether you already have an adapter to which you can connect it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-better-wifi-signal-my-apartment-complex.842085/
Relevancy 45.58%

Cable going into cable modem, going into a router. Internet works off of the router and on wireless.

I tried plugging a network cable from my router into one of the ports (tried both) and trying to use it in a different room but it doesn't seem to work.

Anybody with experience know if there's something I need to do to get it to work?

I'm going to ask the maintenance guys here but I figured it would be worth asking on the internet as well.

A:Apartment Building has CAT5 ports, can I use them?

They probably run to a cabling closet somewhere, likely inside an actual closet in your unit. You just need to find out where and then hook up a switch. My condo is wired up with Cat 6, very convenient.

https://hardforum.com/threads/apartment-building-has-cat5-ports-can-i-use-them.1899288/
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I had a technician come to my apartment to repair my laptop under my warranty. After he left I noticed that he left behind this lvds cable: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/MikeUnite/100_0622.jpg

The cable has a tag dated September, 2008 and I got the laptop in August 2007, so I know that the cable isn't simply one that was taken out and replaced. With that in mind, I have two questions. My laptop seems to work fine, so is it even possible that this cable was meant to be put into my laptop? If it was supposed to have been put back in, are there possible risks to my computer even though it's working fine now? Thanks for your help.

A:Technician left this at my apartment, want to know how important it is

looks like a ribbon clear cable that you would find on the back of a notebook pc lcd. maybe he meant to install it and forgot about it, or took it out for another call, ive left tools at service calls but never new parts.....yahoo or google the serial number on it and see what its for...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/technician-left-this-at-my-apartment-want-to-know-how-important-it-is.769705/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I hope you are doing well Simply put Apartment in Solutions Need More for Range Wireless I need more Need Solutions for More Wireless Range in Apartment wireless range in some parts of my apartment My ISP is Comcast and I have their - Mbps cable service I am connected through a Motorola SURFboard SB cable modem Currently I am using a Airlink AR W Super G amp Wireless Router Everyone in the apartment uses Windows computers Unfortunately half of my apartment barely gets any of the wireless signal and therefore has very very slow connection Part of the reason is that there are walls between the wireless router and the computers I would like to state that the connection is very fast when I m close to the wireless router What is the best and cheapest solution so that everyone can get a decent connection and speed Is there anything I can do at the moment to help boost the signal I do have another wireless router it s a Verizon VZ ROUT g Wireless Router but do not think there s any way to make use of two routers with just one modem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Vic nbsp

A:Need Solutions for More Wireless Range in Apartment

Ethernet cable(s) is the best and cheapest solution. If you can run a cable to a central or distant part of the apartment you can add another wireless access point (for which you can use that other wireless router).

Alternatives, all of which have their drawbacks, include powerline (using the electrical system) adapters, a wireless Repeater (or Range Extender), and a high gain antenna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-solutions-for-more-wireless-range-in-apartment.1002672/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all nbsp I have an EliteBook p Win i - QM Gig SSD T HDD and a full complement of wired wireless network capabilities nbsp I have a tower in my apartment dedicated to the the on apartment When hotpoint a Internet via in complex... the Internet via dial-up Very slow provider wise nay slower than hell So I decided to ditch the land line and dial-up however not before making sure that I can get online with my laptop without a major hitch When on the Internet via a hotpoint in the apartment complex... nbsp Well for the time being there is a hitch a major one I can get as far as Google Microsoft and YouTube No other site including index pages of major tech When on the Internet via a hotpoint in the apartment complex... sites such as this one And after I search on Google and get results and click When on the Internet via a hotpoint in the apartment complex... on any I invariably get http securelogin arubanetworks com a secure database HP site I cannot get past Google's or Microsoft's index page No matter what I do everything defaults to the HP site However I CAN get music on YouTube when clicking various pointers to recordings nbsp I need to mention that no one else has this problem I updated the drivers to v Went into the register and searched for the URL No improvement with the new driver URL not found in the register I use browsers All of them default to this site I did not import any profiles from IE into the other browsers Sometimes I also get redirected to an AVG secure site and again cannot get past this one either Again I asked around including the manager who uses the same hot point and all say they don't have this problem nbsp ANY IDEAS about this before I take some drastic moves such as reinstalling all of the software top to bottom want to avoid the huge job nbsp Thanks in advance Sylva

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/When-on-the-Internet-via-a-hotpoint-in-the-apartment-complex/td-p/5676994
Relevancy 45.15%

Here s my situation My apartment complex just started providing free wifi for all occupants I would like to cancel my current internet service to save some money but I also enjoy streaming netflix and pandora from my Samsung BluRay player The blu ray player is Wireless apartment internet? free with bridge quot wifi ready quot which means it can connect to the internet wirelessly if I purchase a very expensive Samsung branded USB dongle no other brand will work After thinking of ways around this I thought perhaps I could use my old wireless router to connect to the free internet and then connect a lan cable to the blu ray player from the wireless router harnessing the free internet and channeling it into the blu ray player This seemed easy in theory but I am having trouble getting the router to do what i want it to do I am limited in that I do not have a hardwired access to the Wireless bridge with free apartment internet? free internet at all The wireless router I am trying to use is a TRENDnet Wireless N broadband router model number TEW- BRP It does have an option to use it as a network bridge but I m just not exactly sure how to get it to work Can anyone tell me if what I want to do is possible and perhaps help me figure out how to do it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless bridge with free apartment internet?

I advise that you do not cancel your internet service until you prove to yourself that the complex's Wi-Fi will be sufficient for your needs. You will need a fairly strong signal and insignificant interference. And, after several people begin streaming movies you may find the bandwidth to be insufficient or the contention on the wireless network to be too much.

I scanned through the manual for that router and saw nothing about wireless bridge (or AP client) mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-bridge-with-free-apartment-internet.1046215/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello again Techguy I hope you can solve this problem I sure Not basement repeater...I my use if I am apartment as a renting can router a m having Not sure if I can use my router as a repeater...I am renting a basement apartment just like any other issues that I have submitted to you in the past Thanks for that BTW I m going to include as much detail as possible since I m not sure if my situation is a unique one I just started renting a basement apartment I am using a network adapter to connect to the internet via the router of the ppl that I am renting from who live upstairs I have a router that I would like to use as an extender since I would like to have Not sure if I can use my router as a repeater...I am renting a basement apartment a stronger connection signal Now obviously I don t have access to my landlord s router Also my router does not have a wireless bridging option Is there a way I can configure my router to aid as a repeater or should I just invest in a better network adapter The one I have is a belkin micro N Thanks in advance Jeff Ferris nbsp

A:Not sure if I can use my router as a repeater...I am renting a basement apartment

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-if-i-can-use-my-router-as-a-repeater-i-am-renting-a-basement-apartment.1110242/
Relevancy 45.15%

A few days ago I had a brand new router completely crash. Today I noticed in my new routers firewall log of other computers on my isp being blocked from accessing services. Today I tried to connect to a computer on my local network and discovered I can see the other computers connected to my ISP in the windows networking viewer. Is this something I should call my router company about?
Is this something I should contact my ISP about? Or is this something meaning I should beef up security to paranoid levels?

A:Able to view other computers attached to ISP in apartment complex

Might want to put a password on that router of yours

if you give the make/model of the Router, I'm sure we can walk you through securing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175948-able-view-other-computers-attached-isp-apartment-complex.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I bought a surge protector. The user guide says that it can be used only if the wiring is properly grounded in the apartment otherwise it cannot protect against surges properly and the warranty is no good. A green light indicates this on the surge protector. When lit electrical wiring is properly grounded. I tried all the outlets in my apartment and the green light was never lit in any of them.

What are my options?

Is there a special surge protector which works properly in such conditions?

What happens if I still use my surge protector? I suppose it is still better to use it then not at all for protecting my computers, right? It is still better than nothing, isn't it?

Can an electrician fix a problem like this? If yes does anyone have any idea what the cost could be for grounding the wiring?

Thanks,

Herringtrader

A:Electrical wiring is not properly grounded in my apartment.

First off, the surge protector will do little or nothing without a proper ground connection.

If this is an apartment you rent, I'm fairly certain that this is an issue that the landlord should address. It's a safety issue, since the wiring doesn't meet the local building codes. You shouldn't have to pay anything to get this fixed.

The cost could range from insignificant to thousands of dollars, it all depends on the current state of the wiring.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/electrical-wiring-is-not-properly-grounded-in-my-apartment.577925/
Relevancy 45.15%

I live in an apartment complex and each room has 2 ethernet jacks. I directly hooked up my xbox to the jack and am recieveing a moderate.. sometimes strict NAT setting. i've researched this topic and found that you must open certain ports to allow an open NAT. My question is.. even if I hook my xbox to a router in my apartment could I open these ports? or does the apt. complex's server/router determine what ports are open?

Thanks!
Jay

A:xbox router and apartment.. simple question

The apartment's router is determining what ports are open.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-router-and-apartment-simple-question.677507/
Relevancy 45.15%

So i'm living in an apartment and brought up my pc desktop from home, issue is that the internet cord was not long enough to connect from my room to the modem outside. Theres apparently an internet jack in my room and i have no idea how to set it up to respond to the modem thats currently placed in the living room. any help?

A:Living in apartment, how to set up internet jack in room?

Theres apparently an internet jack in my room Click to expand...

we will need more info - is this an internet supplied service into the apartment or cables running around the apartment to a patch panel somewhere

who supplied the modem - is that in your apartment - make and model of the modem - if so is it wireless ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/living-in-apartment-how-to-set-up-internet-jack-in-room.1029815/
Relevancy 45.15%

The apartment complex I recently moved into has internet provided by Hotwire Communications. It's somewhat decent throughout the day but during the night 10pm - 1am (which I'm guessing is peak usage time) it gets horrible.

Here's a ping test I ran from one of the nights that I saved, but I don't even think that does it justice.

http://i.imgur.com/qZrqI.png

It seems like I'm experiencing closer to a whopping 2 second input delay in online games. I'm guessing this is a bandwidth related issue considered it only occurs during certain hours, but I'm not sure I don't know as much as a lot of the people on this forum

Anyway, besides getting the apartment complex to do something on their end (they really suck), is there ANYTHING I can do to improve performance on my end? Any tweaks or anything?

Thanks so much!

A:Apartment complex has horrible internet. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a shard connection. Your bandwidth goes down as others use the connection. With 10 people, you get 1/10th of the bandwidth.

About all you can do is pay to have your own connection installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apartment-complex-has-horrible-internet-any-suggestions.1037830/
Relevancy 45.15%

Major issue while trying to run The Sims Apartment Life All I was asking it to do is create quot blank quot neighborhoods so I can start new games with Sims Life Apartment while The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA starting 2 I PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA while starting The Sims 2 Apartment Life was restarting it because it only made the quot tutorial quot neighborhood and I wanted it to make all the other neighborhoods in my game Luckily for me I did save backup copies before I deleted the rest of the folder But when I attempted to restart the game it crashed the whole operating system Not that it matters the game itself has SecuROM DRM on board not that it most likely contributed to the crash Yeah I did get my neighborhoods rebuilt it's just that it takes freakin' forever to get to the neighborhood selector as if it was run for the first time Fortunately it doesn't appear that I wasn't able to reproduce the steps leading to the crash so I would assume it would be a temporary problem but there might have been an issue with a fragmented pagefile After all this game hadn't run in my system since last March so it may be a beast now to start and run in fullscreen and windowed modes CHKDSK has been scheduled for the next run F switch

A:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA while starting The Sims 2 Apartment Life

Software Concerns:I would recommend removing the defrag and registry defrag programs; they may damage your file system and/or the Windows files/registry. You also have a Memory cleaning program that is unnecessary and may cause conflicts.Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.

I personally do not recommend 3rd party defrag tools. I have seen them damage restore points and even cause blue screen crashes. Windows has some nice command line flags for the defrag command that will accomplish the same tasks as 3rd party programs. The -b and -w flags will defrag boot files and the boot registry items as well as compact the data to the center of the disk for faster access.defrag c: -b
defrag -c -v -w
The first command optimizes boot performance for the Windows drive by defragmenting boot files and boot registry items.

The second command includes all drives on the system through the -c command and optimizes the drives by compacting the data to the center of the disk. Verbose output through the -v option is optional to provide the user with more information about the defrag tasks. The commands have to be run in an Elevated Command Prompt.

For more flags, see Disk Defragmenter - Open and Use.

Analysis:Your crash may indicate a memory problem.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. Those steps will allow us to check the compatibility of your hardware.

3rd Party Drivers:The following is for informational purposes only:
Code:
Afc.sys Tue Jul 11 23:48:20 2006 (44B48D24)
emScan64.sys Thu Jun 21 18:51:28 2007 (467B1D10)
emFilter64.sys Thu Jun 21 18:51:31 2007 (467B1D13)
emDevice64.sys Thu Ju... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240769-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-while-starting-sims-2-apartment-life.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I built my first custom PC a month or two ago, and this is the first problem I've encountered.
I live in an apartment complex that provides their own ISP, so my PC has been plugged straight into my ethernet port in my wall (no router). It's worked perfectly until just today.

In the bottom right corner, my computer is telling me that I am connected to the internet, but nothing's working...I really hope it's not a problem with my motherboard.

The thing is, every other device, wired or wireless, in my apartment obtains internet, so I feel like it has to be something with my computer. It was working fine last night and I came home today do start homework and it wont connect.

I'll provide whatever information may help with solving this problem. Anything at all would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Computer says connected, but i get no internet. Other dives in the apartment work fine

Hey mattyg. A few questions.

Are you just using one browser or do you have the same issue when you try a second browser?

If another pc in your apartment connects and gets on the Net via Ethernet cable, is it using the same wall jack?

Is the wireless connection your wireless device connects to coming from your building's Internet connection, or could it be connecting from some other network?

What message do you get when your browser opens and cant make a connection to the Net?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-says-connected-but-i-get-no-internet-other-dives-in-the-apartment-work-fine.196947/
Relevancy 44.29%

This is all 3D rendered

Wow absolutely incredible

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/28/paris-apartment-unreal-engine-4/

A:Parisian apartment with Unreal engine (rendered) it Iooks real!!!!

Brilliant TD thanks for sharing

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/parisian-apartment-with-unreal-engine-rendered-it-iooks-real.4068065/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 36.55%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi peeps here s a seemingly unsolvable problem I have I want to network my two PCs An Acer Vista Laptop and my old HP XP Desktop so that I can play network games Operation Flashpoint So I connect them both wirelessly to the Places My show problem: router XP PC Network other won't Wireless Network or in the router a cheap SWEEX one Now when Iook on my Vista Laptop s Wireless Network problem: My XP won't show the router or other PC in Network Places Network place I can see Wireless Network problem: My XP won't show the router or other PC in Network Places the Laptop I m using the router and can access it s page and everything but I can t see my XP desktop from here And when I go into the Desktop s network places I can t see the router or either of the computers I m using And I assume that this network problem is why I can t see a server in my game Now I understand that file and printer sharing is turned the firewall is definately turned off and I think the appropriate services are turned on well to make sure I turned every single service on There must be some more complex reason why my XP hates to network Although I am by no means a noob to general computing I am reasonably new to networking Can you clever lot help me nbsp

A:Wireless Network problem: My XP won't show the router or other PC in Network Places

I am surprised that the old XP desktiop has wireless functionality. Did you add wireless to it, recently? If so, is it shown as operating correctly in Device Manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-problem-my-xp-wont-show-the-router-or-other-pc-in-network-places.114583/
Relevancy 36.55%

So i'm having an issue connecting my desktop to my home network for file sharing. My Desktop is connected to the internet like so: Desktop ->(Ethernet cable)-> Uverse 2wire router -> Internet.

I have no issues with my internet connection, and in fact I am posting this from my desktop now. Windows Network Diagnostics finds no issues when I run the trouble shooter. and when I try to connect to a home group it refers me to the network issue.

This issue has plagued me for about 6 months now. I have talked to Uverse tech support, and many of my friends who are into computers and have gotten no answers. Computer is running windows 7 SP1 and again the router is the Uverse 2wire router

How can I make my desktop available for network sharing?

Also here is a screenshot of the network map according to this computer

A:Network Sharing Problem. Connecting Desktop to home network

Have you set up a home network? What is the workgroup name? Are there any passwords of any kind? Have you set your shared settings on each PC in the workgroup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207840-network-sharing-problem-connecting-desktop-home-network.html
Relevancy 36.55%

The problem ocurred because the network did not assign a network adress to the computer
This is the message that I get everytime the I conect my d link wbr 2310 rangebooster g router

and when I click in properties
it says limited or no connectivity

This is my 1s time connecting this router to this computer
I have connected with this modem

I dont I know if this can be connect it with this

Thank You

A:The problem ocurred because the network did not assign a network adress to the comput

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-problem-ocurred-because-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-adress-to-the-comput.969321/
Relevancy 36.12%

So im at a complete loss Very strange / problem network to connecting drives network. here I have a windows pro x computer that out of the blue stopped connecting to its network drives I tried a few things like flushing the dns re-registering new IP finally I decided to rejoin it to the domain big mistake The computer couldn't contact the domain controller even though all the info was correct I ended up doing a restore to the week prior updated the NIC drivers and everything seemed to be working The following day it happened again I tried the same few fixes and the solution this time was to uninstall all the hidden devices under the network adapter after a reboot Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network. I got into the drives just fine Now everytime the user shuts his computer down he gets this same problem My boss ran into the same problem on another machine the other day so Im hesitant to restore I would prefer a fix in case this shows up again The computer can get online and use our email through outlook but network resources are all gone The machine can also ping all of the servers but wont connect with xxx xxx xxx xxx IP or servername share even with credentials entered Ive looked all over with no success

A:Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If it's now happening to another computer, I'd unplug the router and switch(es) for 20 to 30 seconds. Also, check on your computer's Security or Firewall programs installed, make sure that they are up to date and not blocking the ports and network resources. You may try disabling the program(s) temporarily for debugging purpose.

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301265-very-strange-problem-connecting-network-drives-network.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I added a printer to my network printer - network mapping with Problem location network hp c via ethernet cable But problem accords when I try to map a network location card reader in or sth like that is used to read SD xD ms cards used in cameras from which I d like to copy images files in explorer Problem with mapping network location - network printer without extra software from HP After I installed drivers for printer it automatically map a network location but when I try to Problem with mapping network location - network printer open it or connect to that location I get an error quot Access code is invalid quot The Problem with mapping network location - network printer network path is quot Memory card quot I copied this link in to my internet browser in this case its g Chrome and I was able to connect to the network location Its strange because all of XP based computers can easily connect problem is only with windows based computers Somewhere I found that this could be repaired with changing below Quote Open the Administrative Tools in the Control Panel Open the Local Security Policy Select the Security Option under Local Policies Choose Send LM amp NTLM responses in Network security LAN or in reg Quote In Windows we can set the following Registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Contr ol Lsa LMCompatibilityLevel to But this solutions dont work in my case Does somebody know hot to fix this and what is causing it Ty for reply

A:Problem with mapping network location - network printer

Do you have a lot of pictures on your memory card? Or is the memory card near its max limit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/68666-problem-mapping-network-location-network-printer.html
Relevancy 36.12%

is there any solutions for this problem?
it's really bugging me
i already try to fix it by manage the device manager (network adapters)

A:Problem with wireless network adapter or acces network

Hello razuke, Welcome to SevenForums : Can we get a bit more information to assist you ? Please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs . After updating your profile pls do this to enable us to have information to help you out : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread . Thank you , we will try out best to assist you in this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343229-problem-wireless-network-adapter-acces-network.html
Relevancy 36.12%

HI,

I have installed server 2003 on a small network and created a domain that is the same as the public domain name (ie the companies website).

This is now causing a problem because when i type in the public address (for example www.company.com) it is trying to resolve it locally - because the local domain name is also company.com.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get round this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

A:problem with the local network having the same domain name as the public network

add 'local.' to the internal domain or change it altogether.

Your public domain should not have any connection into your private infrastructure,
but you may have references from private->public; not very common.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-local-network-having-the-same-domain-name-as-the-public-network.69968/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello i am new here on the forum Im looking for any gentle help i can get here from you guys who might be able to figure out my problem For some time ago around month ive been having problems with my internet from time to time which include a really slow responding or sending into the internet more busy problem, - faster comp Odd network network It is so that sometimes my ping goes up above ms and stays there for a quite some time maybe an hour or more I check my ping using cmd and typing quot ping ping sunet se quot I can also feel that the delay is huge when playing online games Odd network problem, more busy comp - faster network so there is deffenitly something wrong with the sending and responding Also when i check my connection in mb s using some homepages that calculates it like quot bredbandskollen se quot a swedish page And here i see that the mb s speed is prefectly fine around mb s recieving and - mb s sending Not sure if the sending speed is accepting thou And when my internet is busy like when i am streaming something or things like that my responding speed gets a bit better like ms thou when my internet is doing fine and works as it should i usually stay around ms so something must be wrong Now i woundering what might cause my internet troubeling Any thoughts would be great thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-network-problem-more-busy-comp-faster-network.967016/
Relevancy 35.69%

I got help to a BSOD problem in the crashes and bugs forum. Impressed with the help i received i was hoping to get help for a network issue ive had for a while.

I am using a cablet connection with my Zyxcel P2602 HWT modem. The modem/router is provided by my internet provider. It also supports a wireless connection.

When i start my computer both the connections is fine. After a while though the cabled connection is said to be unidentified. It works as a local connection, but has no internet access. When i run the diagnoses for the connection it again recognize the network and its working fine for a while until the same happens.

I tried upgrading the driver without luck. The version now says Atheros AR8121/AR88113/AR88114 PCI-E ethernet Controller (NDIS6.20
Driver date: 11.06.2009

If there is information needed ill be happy to provide.

A:Network problem - Unidentified cabled Network

Hello DonkrDjay, welcome to SF!

As a test, can you check what IP number your router gives you (through its DHCP server i hope) when it works well?
Then when it stops working... is it still the same or did you get a totally different IP for your PC?

Second, if posible, could you post snips of your router DHCP settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174193-network-problem-unidentified-cabled-network.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Thanks for the forum First - Network problem prevented internet access I used quot Diagnose quot and quot Repair quot Repair found something and quot fixed quot it Internet accessed after that Even Log Code Problem signature Problem Event Name NetworkDiagnosticsFrameworkV Vendor Microsoft OwnerHC WinInetHelperClass OwnerHCVersion SessionStatus HRESULT F Repair B B -CCE - b f- B-C AE CE EF RootCauseHC Winsock RootCauseHCVersion RootCause D FDF -F - e-B -E B E B OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem eventlog etl Second - Firefox Mozilla Windows U Windows NT en-US rv Gecko Firefox NET CLR will load but will not search for page Page & Network problem, then problem update MS became problem AVG Outlook became Firefox viewing area remains blank and page status says quot Done quot I uninstalled and reinstalled without Network problem became Firefox & Outlook problem, then MS update became AVG problem deleting user settings This did not repair Firefox Third - Outlook Trial Version SP MSO - Will not login to server Error message reads quot Receiving reported error x The server name you entered cannot be found on Network problem became Firefox & Outlook problem, then MS update became AVG problem the network it might be down temporarily Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct There is no event log associated with the Outlook problem Event logged from same day but I'm unaware of how this fits Code Problem signature Problem Event Name MpTelemetry Problem Signature c Problem Signature EndSearch Problem Signature Search Problem Signature Problem Signature MpSigDwn dll Problem Signature Problem Signature Windows Defender OS Version Locale ID lt Put to machine to sleep for Network problem became Firefox & Outlook problem, then MS update became AVG problem the day gt Fourth - System installed automatic update during the night and restarted AVG ver virus DB hung up but I'll need to restart to get there error message to clarify Event Log logged two entries at the same time a m Code Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name avgwdsvc exe Application Version Application Timestamp a ce Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Files that help describe the problem Version txt AppCompat txt memory hdmp minidump mdmp Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name avgwdsvc exe Application Version Application Timestamp a ce Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Files that help describe the problem Version txt AppCompat txt memory hdmp minidump mdmp View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows updates from KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB Things I've done today Created new back-up of user files ran Disk Cleanup restarted in Safe Mode to run Defrag but it would not run Although I was not online Firefox did start and searched for quot home quot in Safe Mode Decided it was time to try a tech forum my husband has raved about since his computer troubles were fixed I hope I've included all pertinent info Thanks in advance

A:Network problem became Firefox & Outlook problem, then MS update became AVG problem

??? Highhunter, Is this a reply to my earlier post???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-problem-became-firefox-and-outlook-problem-then-ms-update-became-avg-problem-412572.html
Relevancy 33.54%

For years My XP computer has had no problems picking up - wireless connections in my neighborhood some i could connect to some i could not because they were secured i decided to go straight and purchase DSL i bought a new computer vista and got a westell DSL modem which is also a wireless router The new not network occurred problem did a the Solved: because network assign "This address" computer is working fine i called Verizon to set up the new computer s dsl wireless network that worked out fine My old computer the one i spoke about opening this thread that computer Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address" immediately picked up the DSL signal from my new computer in the other room The signal was excellent and the name of the network WAS ON THE LIST of the dozen other wireless connections i could connect to Problem is when i went to connect to my own DSL network i got this error message quot Limited or no connectivity You might not be able to access the internet or some network resource This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot I typed in the correct password the little icon in the corner of my computer said both computers were connected and with an excellent signal strength Reiterating i could still connect and go online with the other avaiable networks running the computer but not my Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address" own nbsp

A:Solved: "This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-this-problem-occurred-because-the-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address.572095/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

For several days my wireless connection has been connecting and disconnecting. Today I tried connecting to wireless and cannot actively see any wireless networks available. My wireless switch is on and is showing a blue light and Network Adapters in Device Manager show no warnings however when I run diagnose in Network Sharing Centre it tells me that Network Adapter "Wireless Networks Connection" is not connected.

The Wireless Router is fine and another laptop and iPad seem to have no problems connecting to it please could you advise?

I am running Windows Vista on a Vaio VGN FE41S

Many thanks,

J. Smith

A:Network Adapter "Wireless Network Connection" Problem for VGN FE41S

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

---------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-problem-for-vgn-fe41s.1069737/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an interesting problem that has been driving some pretty smart IT guys nuts To perform my job I have to access a certain venders network fine company IE works but off network blank company problem page on web pages that has security set up that I do not know all the details of Anyway on the company PC using the company image that is a normal XP IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network image and maintained by Comp U Com Any time I access this vender's web page it works fine until just after the log in screen Once I put in my user name and password and click Ok IE just goes blank white and that's it No error msg no nothing its not locked up IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network as the frame is still there and the world is turning but nothing else This happens on IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network all the company PCs accessing this particular vender's web page as I went and checked So I wanted to see if it the problem was in the PC or the network I took the company PC home and was able to successfully log into that vender's web page from my cable modem at that house Worked fine I have already added the vender web pages to the trusted zone and enabled all the active X and everything deleted the cookies tried some proxies etc Every setting that can be done on the PC I have tried My question is what is the company network security system blocking that IE needs to work and how to resolve Thanks

A:IE blank page problem on company network but works fine off company network

Oh and to add this I loaded FireFox and from the company PC on the company network it logs in fine but FireFox will not display the page correctly and all the buttons do not work right so that is another issue.

I would like to get IE working as that is what these pages were written for

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-blank-page-problem-on-company-network-but-works-fine-off-company-network-269051.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everyone

I need to see if anyone has a solution to my problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and my granddaughter has a Dell Inspiron i15-157B. I added her laptop to our wireless network (Linksys wireless-G broadband router model WRT54GS). Everything works fine as long as she's here in our home, but when she goes home and we try to connect our webcams through Yahoo Messenger, I can see and hear her just fine. She can see me but can't hear me. Why would it work here and not there? I'm wondering if it's something with our home network.

Her laptop at home is connected directly to the internet, but they will be setting up a wireless router also. We both use Vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 33.11%

Greetings folks This is my first post so Hi to all I got a network connection problem I formatted my pc today because when i turned it on it gave the windows screen and then it said that it can t access Problem/Network Area Connection Loca Problem the quot SYSTEM quot folder so i formatted it since it s been a while since i ve done that like a year and a half After that I tried connecting to the internet by inserting the ip Loca Area Connection Problem/Network Problem address numbers and the DNS I use cable connection it didnt work then i tried chanding the network card number it worked for like minutes but then it stoped it said quot network cable is not plugged quot or something like that but then it plugged i dont know how but no internet connection so i went to check for the network cards and there was like or of them NIC i guess it was written i tried uninstalling them but it didnt work so i disabled them but still there was no internet connection I tried ipconfig all renew etc but still NO PROGRESS So if you may PLEASE help me in this cuz im supposed to give my final thesis at the university at the end of this month Thanks in advance Oh and also stuff like Local Area Connection started appearing S nbsp

A:Loca Area Connection Problem/Network Problem

Are you getting any 'link light' on the card you plug the cable into? Usually a little green light or Amber I think it is on Dell. If you are not I suggest trying a different cable from your modem to your PC.

Also, is your PC directly connected to the modem or into a router?

And when setting your IP address are you going to Start --> Control Panel --> Network Connections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/loca-area-connection-problem-network-problem.104465/
Relevancy 33.11%
A:Same problem from 4 years ago, never solved, home network problem

oh ya and I forgot to add, both computers have windows xp firewall disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-problem-from-4-years-ago-never-solved-home-network-problem.430915/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum I am hoping someone maybe able to help me One Network problem Adapter Aspire with Acer Help with Problem diagnose and fix the problem with this problem I have a problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter The problem is that the netbook will connect to the internet and will Help with problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter Problem have full bars for internet connectivity Then a Help with problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter Problem few minutes later it will just disconnect on it s own Help with problem with Acer Aspire One Network Adapter Problem I can usually reconnect by going on the Network amp Sharing Center then going into Diagnose problems then clicking on Network Adapter then after it resets it will usually reconnect to the Internet but lately it won t reconnect I then have to restart the netbook The netbook is running Windows Starter and it has Atheros AR BXB Network Adapter My friend who is a computer person searched online to confirm if the drivers were up to date said that was not the problem I would like any advise anyone can give me to see if this netbook can be fixed before I have to buy another Please advise v r Jcrane nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey yall first post here I am having a small problem I recently update to the Vista SP It seems like after this installation I am having problems with my network I can not problem?? Network your Ummm Not maybe? problem SP2 advice! sure. Need get my Itunes connected to the store I can't get my Mcafee to update and I could not get a program for my Blackberry to update I Ummm Network problem maybe? SP2 problem?? Not sure. Need your advice! have tried and tried all kinds of stuff and I am really not sure what to do As I was running some tests on my command prompt I got the System Error message Maybe yall can point me in the right way rather then me just googling everything and getting tons of different ways I thought I would include this if this will help Thanks to all in advance C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tn comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- - C-B -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - - - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e bbf ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BD- B- - - - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description isatap hsd tn comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EAA AA- D B- D - -EE C E br DA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ba a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c ba a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:Ummm Network problem maybe? SP2 problem?? Not sure. Need your advice!

I am also not being able to connect to some RSS feeds and calender in my Outlook because of a connection issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/236310-ummm-network-problem-maybe-sp2-problem-not-sure-need-your-advice.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I cannot connect to Diablo 2. My internet is working just fine, and i run on cable. It says i should try to connect to my internet service provider to log on, and even though im using cable i gave it a try...still nothin. I shutdown my firewall for a second to see if it didnt like diablo for some reason...still nothing. I have run out of ideas...plz help.

I know that World of Warcraft and Warcraft 3 work just fine, both are made by the same company as Diablo 2. (the connection gets stuck at connecting to fastest server phase)

A:Connection problem, possible network problem?

What are you running for a firewall?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-problem-possible-network-problem.377946/
Relevancy 30.96%

ok i get my internet threw charter and got a webstar modem from them
i connect it to my router about 90% of the time but when i disconnect my router and hook internet str8 to my pc it will work i had to reboot my pc thou
should i have to do that in win. 7 also same issue with my router but when i rebooted it didnt pick it up my internet stayed disconnected for a good min. saying there was no conection should i just give it about 20 min. next time and see if it connects or is this a windows 7 problem or network
if its win7 or ntwork how to speed the recognize of internet up

A:network problem or is this a windows 7 problem

Try resetting your router and then check if it still causes the same issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195531-network-problem-windows-7-problem.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I've recently attached an older Dell running WinXP pro to my home network. Until now my only experience has been with XP home. I'm having a problem moving files between computers. My two WinXPh systems can transfer files between them easily enough but this new one running XPp keeps giving me the following error:

Make sure the disk in not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
either that, or I get an error about being authorization.

Using the Admin I've opened up both computers as much as I can to being able for other system to manipulate files on the other but nothing seems to work.

Your thoughts?
JTN

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all,
I have a NETGEAR router, and something is starting to annoy me, when I used to download anything off the internet, in my firefox downloads tab, i used to be getting speeds up-to 600kb's but now I'm struggling to get 15kb's. My mum turns the router off on a night, because she knows i'l be playing on it all night :L the only time i can get back to 600kb's is when my service provider network goes down, so the phone lines go off. Then i can only have the download speeds until the router is turned off, then it's gone off again.

Help please?
Thanks in advance. xx

Relevancy 30.1%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 103865 MB, Free - 60902 MB; D: Total - 849998 MB, Free - 144543 MB; E: Total - 70001 MB, Free - 15603 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 18712 MB; G: Total - 190779 MB, Free - 50667 MB; H: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 78769 MB; I: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 51603 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5Q PRO TURBO
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Network Problem
I have set up a Mshome network which is working okay except for the fact that each drive has multipul copies of itself? ie: C-C`1 thru 24 - D -D`1 thru 24 and so on --- It's driving me nuts!!! Can you "PLEEEEASE" help me to get rid of them?
Kind Regards
Daletown (Ted)

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi

Wondering if you can help - this has got me (and most of my workmates!) totally stumped!

I use Vista 32 bit as a central machine on my network. This comprises a set of (old!) VMS/Unix machines, with static IP addresses, on a 192.168.1 subnet and a set of DHCP'd (mainly Windows) machines on my 192.168.0 subnet.

A diagram is enclosed...

The Vista machine is on both networks, and has IPRouterEnabled set to '1' in the registry.

I can connect to both networks on the Vista machine with no issues.

How on earth do I connect from, say, 192.168.1.2 to the internet (e.g., for Unix O/S updates)? Or from one of the DHCP'd windows machines (e.g., 192.168.0.3) to say, 192.168.1.4?

I guess this is something to do with routing, but I just haven't got a clue when it comes to this sort of thing...

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Many thanks.

A:Could someone please help with a network problem?

Think of it from the point of view of where a particular packet is going. Example:

1) The DHCP client whose IP is currently 192.168.0.2 wants to send a packet to the Solaris host at 192.168.1.3. It knows the destination IP, but it has absolutely no idea where the 192.168.1.X network is located. All it knows about is its own subnet - 192.168.0.Y, as well as its default dateway (DG) which is the wireless router at 192.168.0.254. The function of a DG is to serve as the last resort, so our hapless client forwards the packet destined to the solaris host to the DG... and that has absolutely no idea where the 192.168.1.X network is located either, so it attempts to forward to its own DG upstream on the internet... and the first "real" ISP router that gets the packet will unceremoniously drop it because it's destined for a "private" range that shouldn't be floating about the Internet.

2) Now you're the UX host and you're trying to get to something specific on the Internet, perhaps an IBM web server at (say) 9.10.20.30. Since the UX host has no specific route for the A-class 9.r.s.t network, it forwards the packet to its default gateway - 192.168.1.1 - the Vista PC - which will in turn probably forward to its own DG, the wireless router, and so on to the IBM web server. The response then comes back to the wireless router, which looks up its NAT session mapping and notices that the original requestor was "192.168.1.2", and it promptly goes into a nosedive because it has no idea where the 192.168.1.Y network is to be found, as covered previously.

What you have yourself there is a classic "Welcome To IP Routing 101" exam question

My first inclination would be to suggest that you remove the Vista box acting as a router, and to instead uplink the hub with the UX/Solaris/VMS hosts directly to a wired port on the router - they all have at least one port. If it's got several ports, you can even bypass the hub and use a different port for each wired connection. That "flattens out" your network so that every machine is on the same 192.168.0.X range, and they use the wireless router as the DG, and you don't really have anything else to worry about.

Otherwise, if you actually have to persist with this setup for some reason, you'll need to add some persistant routes. For example, on each of the 0.X machines:

ROUTE ADD -P 192.168.1.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1

In other words, add a persistent (-p) route that sends all packets destined to the 192.168.1.Y network to the external interface of the Vista box. Since it straddles both networks (it has an interface on each one), the Vista box alone needs no modifications, most likely.

You'll also want to "teach" the NIX hosts where to find the 192.168.0.X network, but their admins will be good at those commands already, haaar

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/217963-could-someone-please-help-network-problem.html
Relevancy 30.1%

sorry for my english. J'have a big problema with network and with NIC.
My NIC is Realteck PCIe GNE family controller.
every time I turn on the computer is not connected to either network or internet.
I have to "play" on the NIC by disabling checksum values.
On the next reboot I do the reverse and enter the values that enabled RX or TX RX & TX enabled or enabled. The drivers are updated and are those of the manufacturer. How can I fix this? How should set the values of the checksum?
thanks

A:problem with network and NIC

Fibbina:

As a first cut for a solution. There is the possibility that your NIC could be bad, do you have another NIC that you
could replace it with?
Another solution would be to go to My Computer, properties, device manager and uninstall the Network Card.
Then upon reboot, it would then re-install the Network card. You could take a look at Realtec and download a new driver.

rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147382-problem-network-nic.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I am having a network problem so i will show you my setup first.

Verizon DSL Westtell 6100 Modem----Linksys WRT54G Router---- Dell PC 2.6 P4, 512MB Ram, Windows XP & My PC I Built(info in signature)
Here are the problems:

1. Websites timeout all the time
2. If they dont timeout they are super slow loading
3. I am paying for 3.0mbps and im barly getting 1.0
4. I never acually loose a connection but i have the above problems
5. My modem lights are all on

I contacted verizon and there engineers tested the lines and said that the problem is coming from inside my house. They said that there are no problems with the line and they are pumping in 3.3mbps.

Can someone please help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Zach

Relevancy 30.1%

Just posted a reply and been fiddling around, the pc and laptop seem to be recognising each other, both have little icons bottom right showing network connection excellent. Now my next problem is why is the laptop unable to access the internet. I am with NTL broadband and this setup is with an internal setup in the back of my pc. I hope I have set up the wires correctly e.g. main ntl cable from ntl settop box into main router connection, then the blue cable into pc and number 1 in router.
This is driving me mad please help....... venusgirl

Relevancy 30.1%

I have 5 computers on a LAN network at my house.

The three XP network perfectly, but always with limited connectivity.

The windows 98 is fine, and recognizes all 5 computers.

The windows ME Compaq will only recognize the computer with WIN 98.

I have checked all hardware, cables, and router, reinstalled all software, updated microsoft.net framework, network adapter, bios, and even the network wizard.

I am at wit's end, any suggestions?

Relevancy 30.1%

2-3 months i do not have internet. The failure of the entire city was shut down. When the failure got back , i do not have internet on windows.. Everything is working , IP , and everythink else. I see one thing on Services/ DNS Client was shuting off.I turned on but again no internet. Tell me what to do people if i got internet there.

I am on windows 7 ultimate, please help.

A:Problem with the network

Usually just resetting your router will fix that sort of problem. Look for a reset button on the router, or you can try resetting from the routers page or you can try unplugging the router for ten minute then reconnect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217618-problem-network.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi everybody! I just installed OS 8 and I have a network problem...I don't see the LAN connection.I know you must install a driver,I installed it and LAN doesn't appear.If you don't know what I mean,I'' put some screenshots in Attachaments.Thank you!
PS:I'm at a friend's home right now and sorry for my bad english !

A:Network problem

Error code 10 most often is caused by missing our invalid/corrupted drivers, have you tried uninstalling the current drivers, rebooting and then reinstalling from a fresh source ?, perhaps from the motherboard supplier for your machine.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31109-network-problem.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have wireless network netgear works everywhere in house perfectly except one spot wher wifee has computer desk 4000 sq feet house 2 stories. Think its fridge. already changed to 5.8 Gig phones. She can move laptop 5 feet and works well. How do I get arround this?

Relevancy 30.1%

I have strange problem with my windows 7 ultimate.
My network is okay and no problem on internet and network from my 2 computer, but see my screenshot:

1 - the icon in system tray show broken connection:

2 - in system hardware all network are okay

3 - in network preferences only 1 is present
i try to unistall all the network, so windows recognized these at startup but nothing...

Some help please
Thank
Hispanico

A:Problem with network

Can you do a ipconfig /all for us?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39114-problem-network.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I purchased a router for a DSL connection with both our computers. I can get on line with one but can't get on line with the other nor can we see each others files. What am I doing wrong? I have gone over and over and still no luck. I am running win98se on both. I know it must be something I am overlooking

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi!

I have 2 PC's at home ii have one in W2Kpro, and one laptop with XPpro, the one with W2K when i make my workgroup thosen see
both PC's.

But when i go on the one who have XP they the workgroup but
i'm not able to go in.

On my W2K i'll check the IP adress and the gateway, and everything is good, ho! i forgot to say i have a router, and on the W2K i'm able to go on internet.

Are you able to help me?

thanks

A:Problem of network

Hi There!

Did you run the WinXP network setup wizard? that might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-of-network.152713/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi!, all: From this site, many helps, for your problems, with Network ... http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=wirelessconnection.net&section=social&language=English&lc=en...  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Help-s-for-problem-s-with-Network/td-p/5638593
Relevancy 30.1%

I just began experiencing this problem with svchost network service. Dell Dimension 4400 XP / SP3 Using IE8 - One session open.Both XP & IE8 are current with updates. Have not downloaded / installed new APPS in over a week.Internet response slows to a crawl. Task MGR shows a second 'svchost network service' running at 99%.Ending that process, things return to normal, but sometimes that process starts up again.I ended the process about 1 hr ago, and it did not return this time. What causes this and what if anything do I do to stop it ?

A:Network Problem

You might want to investigate that process.

How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/list-services-running-under-svchost.exe-process/

Process Explorer Mini-guide and Screenshots - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic354690.html

Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397882/network-problem/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, new to sevenforums!

I have Windows 7 ultimate x64. When I installed it and system started first time, everything was fine, network was working great and I had internet access. After first restart and every time I start my computer I get very serious problem with network! First 5 seconds it is ok but then I get yellow exclamation mark on network icon in systrey and it says no internet access(!) also "Local Area Connection Status" looks like this:
[img]http://s41.*******.ru/i092/0911/fe/cf1d81d37d54.png[/img]

after this my suffer starts: several network Disabling/Enabling, cable Unplugging/Plugging, modem reseting and after 10-15 minutes I get internet access...
and now "Local Area Connection Status" looks like this:
[img]http://i049.*******.ru/0911/97/a2075cc9a691.png[/img]
Please HELP me!!! I would be HAPPIEST man in the world if I get rid of this problem!
THANK YOU!

(and sorry for my English)

A:Very BIG network problem!

Quote: Originally Posted by TopGun

Hi, new to sevenforums!

I have Windows 7 ultimate x64. When I installed it and system started first time, everything was fine, network was working great and I had internet access. After first restart and every time I start my computer I get very serious problem with network! First 5 seconds it is ok but then I get yellow exclamation mark on network icon in systrey and it says no internet access(!) also "Local Area Connection Status" looks like this:
[IMG]http://s41.*******.ru/i092/0911/fe/cf1d81d37d54.png[/IMG]

after this my suffer starts: several network Disabling/Enabling, cable Unplugging/Plugging, modem reseting and after 10-15 minutes I get internet access...
and now "Local Area Connection Status" looks like this:
[IMG]http://i049.*******.ru/0911/97/a2075cc9a691.png[/IMG]
Please HELP me!!! I would be HAPPIEST man in the world if I get rid of this problem!
THANK YOU!

(and sorry for my English)

Hi and welcome

We can get that working

can you type cmd in search, then type ipconfig /all take a screenshot of it and upload it to us using the attachment icon

thanks

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42087-very-big-network-problem.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I just purchased a computer that had windows xp pro, i then installed windows xp pro korean edition on it, now windows does not recognize the ethernet card and i can't connect to the internet. In the device manager beside the ethernet card it shows a ? Can someone help?

A:Xp Network Problem

have you tried right clicking on the device with the "?" and updating driver, if so what was the result?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116904/xp-network-problem/
Relevancy 30.1%

Pc downstairs is host realtek ethernet card
pc upstairs is guest wireless connected

in my network places i can see folders from pc upstairs but cant access them

can see pc on workgroup but cant access says

I am lost .. have ran the wizard loads of times on both pcs

upstairs it says the network cable is unplugged

Any ideas please its too much for me

Relevancy 30.1%

My brother and I's computers are connected to a BT Home Hub. He has a wired connection to the router and I am using a USB Belkin dongle thingie. I have this problem sometimes (He says he sometimes gets it too) where the internet works great and then if I go away for maybe 1/2 an hour to have dinner or play the PS2 etc. I come back and I am still connected to the internet. System tray icon says so and my torrent is still running but If I open FF or IE then it can't load web pages. It just loads for a couple of minutes then I get the cannot find server mesaage. Uusally, the problem can be fixed by leaving the PC for an hour or two but it's annoying. Any ideas?

Relevancy 30.1%

The computer that I am working with was either knocked off the network or was taken off by mistake..However I am unable to get it authenticated onto the network again.I have changed out the cables,checked the configuration,nothing looks any different,I went to event viewer and found this error: 3095 NwlnkNb,This is a WINNT system.I will take any suggestions.

You don't say what OS you are using or what Server software is in use, so I did a general search of the Microsoft KB and came up with the following.

If you could supply a bit more detailed information, it would help us pinpoint the problem, but try these;

Info 1

Info 2
This last one is a full search for 3095
info 3

This one is the result of searching for NwlnkNb
info 4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem.71454/
Relevancy 30.1%

m trying to network two pcs. one win xp is host and the other win 98. i'm using a linksys2.4 ghz wireless g broadband router. i've followed the software directions step by step for the host pc and there was no problem. got to finish setup and it told me all is well. i used the win xp disk to set up the other pc, and only got to the place i was told i was missing hardware. to install the hardware and then run the wizard again. i have the wireless card in the client pc and it is recognized in system information . there is also an ethernet card in the pc. what am i missing? i've never networked before.

A:network problem

In the Control Panel's Network Connections, is the wireless option there AND is it ENABLED?

You can DISABLE the Ethernet Connection until you want to use a CAT5 cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem.316535/
Relevancy 30.1%

i had a windows 8.1 and two vista computers and was able to get into each from the others wirelessly. i have since upgraded to windows 10 on my windows 8.1 device, I am unable to get into the windows 10 laptop from the vista devices but can still get into the vista devices from the windows 10 laptop. Would appreciate it if anyone can help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem.1157506/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi
I am having a problem with a small network of five computers.
When I plug in the ethernet cable into rhe xp machine its says that "the network has limited or no connectivity and that some things on the network might not work". I still went ahead and set up the network but it was un usable, it was very slow.
Has any one idea what this is as the xp machines are brand new with on board network card with latest driver.

Could it be the cable or the hub?

Tomorrow i am going to connect a cross over cable to two machines without the hub to see will I get the same message.

Thanks

I Googled "limited or no connectivity" and found relevant articles, such as:

http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=36382

Check these and others for resolution options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem.317203/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello This is my first Problem Network time posting and my last resort I'm having an issue with connectivity on my vista ultimate desktop My wifi works fine but my desktop computer keeps losing connection at different times I have tried the following Changed the modem Changed the router Changed all the cables Reset the Winsock Flushed DNS Cache Renew Refresh Changed the Sleep settings in Network Problem the network properties Turned off autotuning Changed the Flow Control Network Problem When i go to the little icon in the notification area and diagnose it constantly says found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically but when i diagnose the lan in the network folder it says no problem found Try and reset the network I have done so and this does not work I've taken it to a computer guy they can't seem to see anything wrong They gave me an old network adapter and I could not get the drivers to load Is this possible it was an old card for an older system Pro WL Took the card back out may need to try again with a newer card Someone had told me that it's possible vista has a fail safe when the download is to much it shuts down called flooding or something i don't know if thats true Any assistance on this matter would be appriciated before i go and buy a new network card Thank you

Hi to BC,

We can start with some basic checks...
 » Minitoolbox log
Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
Flush DNS
Report IE Proxy Settings
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Devices (Only Problems)
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Minidump Files
List Restore Points
Click on Go.
Post the resulting log in your next reply.» Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) log
Let's check some windows critical services...
Download Farbar Service Scanner and save the file to the Desktop.
Run FSS
Check all the options
click Scan
Post the generated log in your reply.

» Check Windows System files integrity
open the Command Prompt as Administrator (Tutorial)
type the following command and press Enter:
sfc /scannow
Note: This may take some time to finish.if it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" them do this:
In the command prompt window, type or Copy & Paste the following:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Close the command prompt.
Attach to your post the sfcdetails.txt file that was just placed on your Desktop
You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532798/network-problem/
Relevancy 30.1%

lets see where do i begin i have a belkin router of course model numer F D - The router is not connecting to the internet when i plug up my modem directly to the computer i get internet connection though i reset the router numerous times i ran many test and did all the works i still have not managed to get internet connection i did the vista troubleshooting and i said Network Help!! problem that there MAY be a problem with my DNS im pretty sure that you are going to need my IP address info also so here it is C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Flocka Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - -A -DB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Help!! Network problem Controller Physical Address - A- - F-F -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b b cb e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Friday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Temporary IPv Address cef cef Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- Help!! Network problem DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f e e d Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f e e d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt if you need any more info just ask me i ll be glad to offer anything lacking And thanks to everyone in advance nbsp

A:Help!! Network problem

Unless that's connected directly to the modem, you have a connection issue.

Let's just reset things and see if we can't beat some sanity into the network.
The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Disconnect any USB connection to the modem, it will not be used.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-network-problem.930932/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys i have a problem that im stuck with so hopefully one of you experts will be able to sort it.
ok here goes, i have a wireless network at home on which my dad has a wireless router and another adsl line which he uses for work on his laptop, now i have my own dsl line and my pc is on the network but if i plug in the xmodem the wireless router on his line takes over and my pc connects to the internet via that but if i disconnect from the wireless network my pc will use the xmodem fine.
basically how can i get my pc to use the xmodem when connected to the wireless network?
im using windows xp home edition

A:network problem

grr this is really bugging me now... gone back to my old usb modem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/network-problem-127795.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi i have 7 computers 5 connected to a switch by ethernet 2 connected by wireless from a wireless router connected to the switch the computers using the ethernet connection works fine they have internet and network (file sharing) the 2 computers connected by wireless does have internet connection but they cant see the other 5 computers connected by ethernet they can just see them self thay all are in the same workgroupI will be very thankful if some one could help me witch this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219827/network-problem/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello i just reinstalled win 7 and it seems that my LAN doesnt work its says something about drivers. Could u please help me?
acer 5252-V333
please

A:Network Problem LAN

Download from Acer's web site and install your chipset (first), networking and any other drivers needed. You'll see warnings and errors in Device Manager telling you what drivers are missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem-lan.1005839/
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay here s the long story If you d like the quick story just skip to the last paragraph Also note that I m by no means a quot computer guy quot so if I use terms wrong I apologize upfront I m at an apartment complex Comcast s bulk cable internet is included in the rent i e I can t just pick a new service Trust I would have a long time ago Anyways here is the problem while the wireless connection works well it intermittently goes out about every - minutes at Help Problem Please Network all times Network Problem Please Help of the day and on multiple devices windows laptops PS and an IPad If I bring up the network connection settings it will show up as connected however the blue globe on the internet icon in the bottom of my screen will be gone At this point the web browser won t work Network Problem Please Help So my solution to the problem thus far has been disconnect then reconnect every time this occurs it allows me about minute windows of operation Seems simple but its very frustrating to repeatedly do this throughout the day So after about a week of this non-sense I called Comcast to notify them Next day a guy comes out and basically explains to me that he believes the problem is being caused by my devices switching back and forth between access points it may be worth noting that when I m using my computer I am always within my living room which is about by I E pretty much the same spot He goes on to say I am one of only or residents that has this problem and that he has no fix at the moment So what I heard is quot you re SOL quot Before he leaves he says they have this master plan to upgrade there whole system but it may be a few months for that to get done So I m a patient guy and I wait using my method or simply reconnecting every time it goes out It s now four months later and they supposedly finished their overhaul or the system Believe it or not the problem persists So today I had Comcast guy come back out to my apartment to take another look The guy gives me more or less the same story Only this time he offers a solution He goes out to his truck comes back in and hands me a bag I m trying not to get mad here but It s a ------- ft long ethernet cable he says well for now plug this into your wall and just use a wired connection we will work to get your wireless fixed Now outside of the obvious which is that I m paying for wireless I have a few other problems I only have one ethernet access point and its in the kitchen I live with a roommate so we both need to be connect and the cable wont reach anywhere other than on the counter top So he leaves and I calmly tell the apartment office that this quot solution quot will not do For those of you who skipped the story my problem is that my internet will intermittently go out at all times of the day on multiple devices I live in an apartment complex that uses a Comcast sever to support everyone I can reconnect to the same sever name immediately after being dropped and it lll work for another - minutes I ve been told the reason for the disconnects is due to switching between access points Is there anything I can do myself that might work Any settings I can play with anything Or do I simply have to continue playing the waiting game and hope Comcast actually does something about If you need to know anything just ask and I ll do my best to answer any questions that might pertain to a solution Thanks for reading I d appreciate any feedback nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I got a message "Network path was not found" when i try to access a computer on my network my operating systems from both of my PC's are Windows XP professional but the computer that i try to access can access my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem.320655/
Relevancy 30.1%

Over the past two years that I have had my XP machine, my local area network access has continually slowed down. Because of this I can only copy files below 64 megabytes over the network. Anything bigger and the copy cancels. That was not a problem until now. I just got a new computer with XP and I need to copy around 40 gigs of files between the computers. I can't though because of the network copy probem. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:XP Network Problem

As it appears to happen with more than one PC, I would suspect the cabling first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-network-problem.253306/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi there ..

I want your help please

I have a problem with find the destination PC on a bridge network

this picture show my network .

what I want is to share a file from PC 1 to PC3 , I can see the destination file on PC2 , but cannot see it on PC3 , why ? , and what can I do to see it ?

I've put an IP to bridge network , but didn't find it from PC3

By the way , the OS is Windows 7

I tried on Windows Xp , and I found all PCs with other networks are connected in my place , even without connect directly with these networks

please tell me what to do ..

thank you all

A:I have a problem with my network >_<

No one to help me ?!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/231542-i-have-problem-my-network-_.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello Everyone my name's Matthew and I'm new to the forum I am having two separate problems with a network that I have set up The second problem has only just started recently where when I try to enable the network and it takes the internet access away from this PC even though it is still connected The way the network is set up is that Problem network with I have a wireless connection and I bought an Ethernet cable to connect the desktop PC also When I enable that Ethernet connection on PC this one which is the host the internet access is taken away from it even though it still says it is connected and has a quot very good quot signal Once the Ethernet connection is disabled it instantly starts working again One of the times when I enabled the Ethernet connection it actually crashed PC causing a BSOD Layout PC Win XP computer host of internet connection PC Win computer the one I am trying to get connection on Connection Direct connection via Ethernet Cable If we can get this problem taken care of I will post the other problem that I have been having Basically the problem posted here only effects PC

A:Problem with network

From what I can gather, you have a Wireless Router. When you plug in the Ethernet Cable from the computer to the router, the wireless connection for that computer becomes disabled. Is that correct? Well, that would be true, because the Ethernet cable is now the internet connection. Is that what is happening? Also, can any other computers on the network still connect wirelessly? The PC would not be the Host of the internet connection, the Modem and the Wireless Router, would be the host of the internet, so each computer can connect separately. If I have this wrong, please clarify.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-network-633895.html
Relevancy 30.1%

My OS is Win 2000 Adv Server, Local Area Connection is not getting visible in My Network Places, But its taking the Ip from the DHCP. If i need to give Static IP How should i give or how to get the icon back

Kindly help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problem.271133/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello,
Once I finally solved the problem with the games, I encountered a new problem.
The problem is the Internet suddenly stops pass, but ONLY the browser stops working.
But for example the Messenger working.
When I turn off the network and connecting again it's does not work, When I see a diagram of a network connecting there is a X of the computer connect to the Internet.
Only doing a Reset to the computer is a solution..

Someone has a REAL solution to this annoying problem?
(Sorry with spelling problem..)

A:Problem with the network!

No buddy have a solution?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228900-problem-network.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I don t know where else to look for an answer - hope you guys can help We just changed my wife s laptop network settings She used to have it set to log on to a domain for her server at work When XP started it would prompt her for the server name username and password She no longer needed to be logged on to the domain to network changes ACT 6.0 after problem access files so we changed her settings so that she could ACT 6.0 problem after network changes use our home network more easily and not ACT 6.0 problem after network changes have to connect to her server which caused her computer to run really slow We copied her XP user profile for the domain and created a new user profile and pasted all the info Everything works great except that now she can t access her ACT database Before we made changes she d open up ACT and a login screen would popup She d just cancel it and use the program She didn t use a username password However now after the changes when she cancels the login screen it just keeps popping up It won t allow her to use the program without logging in And she never set up a login so she has nothing to refer to Why would this happen and how would you get around it All of her business contacts are in there which makes this very bad I m not sure why network settings would cause this to happen as her database is stored on her computer not on the work server She shouldn t need to login to her server to access it Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-6-0-problem-after-network-changes.423277/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm beginer
I reinstall windows 98 CD but now I saw the network has a red crossed and reinstalled it and it works but now I saw another one red crossed so I delect it and restarted it and saw the red network crossed again . Do I set the the network from the control panel instead of the device manager.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks,

Relevancy 30.1%

XP...Hard wired to router. After connecting to my home page, I can't load ANY other pages (sites). Get error message saying "reset". All other machines on system working fine. No ip conflict messages. Tried releasing the ip address and renewing with no better results. Help!!!
Thanks

I think it would be easier to diagnose if you can give us the rest of the error message. Or is the message only just "Reset". If it is I have no idea what that is.
Are you able to ping a site like google.com or yahoo.com? If you are able to then your connection is fine.
Try restarting, but im not sure if this will help and you might have already done this. lol.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-problem-456509.html