Windows Support Forum

New Here, Raid0 setup

Q: New Here, Raid0 setup

Hi all I am going to be buying new HDD s and would setup Raid0 New Here, like to setup a raid on them using New Here, Raid0 setup windows bit I also would like to install a rd SSD for Ubuntu type drive in my optical bay I have no clue as to the proper order for this operation optical replacement first or raid setup first I am not totally new to computers but I have mainly worked with desktops before I do understand my laptop though as I have opened it up for HDD and RAM upgrades and the Optical bay looks pretty simple with only a few screws to remove I need step by step instructions for the raid setup and where to get the drivers for it if windows bit DVD does not have them already The installation of the SSD into the optical bay is no problem nor is installation of the dual Hybrid drives I ll be getting so it s mostly the software setup of things for the raid I was going to enter some links to the gear I would like to get but this site gave me some BS about Kismet So I will leave them out for now Let me know if you need to know the gear to help me here For now my system is the G sx If there is a better bay replacement HDD or SSD that you know and has awesome reviews please let me know I like to buy things on Amazon for the most part as the return process has been excellent for other things before just in case I should point out also that this rig will be gaming mostly with the ssd ubuntu setup for everything else and to play around with Linux for fun Thanks Ahead nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Here, Raid0 setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New Here, Raid0 setup

HALT, STOP, DESIST;

Rule 1:- never use raid-x for a BOOT device.

Rule 2:- don't assume that Raid-0 is "faster" or that Raid-1 "doesn't require backup"

Rule 3:- Raid is a Server feature, not intended for the home user.

Now then, go read all you can about Raid before you spend $0.10 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-here-raid0-setup.192766/
Relevancy 65.79%

Heeeelllppp quot please quot Specs Asus P GD Premium MB WD Raptors GB x P MHz FSB OK here's the problem I can t get the XP pro to install on my Raptors in a Raid setup but did get the OS to install on the Raptors when hooked up to another Asus older MB a Raid0 XP Can't Pro to get on setup. This is as far as I get I first go in to the raid set up press F when posting up I formatted the drives there then set the Raid set up there with MB strip size then exit raid setup Reboot in to Bios set the boot to raid set to first boot Save settings then exit Put XP disk in have the floppy in hand with the Silicon Image drivers quot raid quot Boots from CD goes to set up then says press F for Raid drive install I press F Then I go to the Can't get XP Pro on to a Raid0 setup. Raid driver install section I install the raid driver Can't get XP Pro on to a Raid0 setup. OK BUT this is the strange bit if I don t install the Intel Raid driver as well then it will not continue with Can't get XP Pro on to a Raid0 setup. set up I get the error screen saying A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is your st time you've seen this stop error screen restart PC If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for virus on your PC Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard wear controllers Check you re hard to make sure it's properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart pc Tech Info Stop X B XF C E C XC X X But I'm using the Silicon Image Sata raid terminals not the Intel controller ones as I have that set to the defaulted IDE setting But when I also install the Intel raid driver I get the installing files page then I get the set up a partition section I set up the partition as C GB Go's to a format section Completes format Instructed to remove floppy then restarts PC when I press enter BUT now it just goes through the same process just as the same before Doesn't complete install I carry on through the whole proccess untill the partition section now the original partition is still there So at this point I'm stuck How can I get this OS on to my Raid set up I had the other Asus P gd Deluxe board before this one But that also had the same problem as my current board What am I doing wrong Thanks Carl

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-xp-pro-on-to-a-raid0-setup-27663.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Trying to remove my raid0 install and restore windows to a regular installation.

I deleted my array but my boot menu is not picking up either of my hard drives, however they are still showing up in my raid config window.

Its been a while since I've done this but I don't recall any hardware alterations being necessary to switch back.

Im obviously missing something, can anyone point me in the right direction? as it stands when I try to install xp now it is giving me a blue screen with 7b error

A:Removing Raid0 setup - need help

whats giving me trouble right now is that Im looking in my bios and I can't see any way to help it identify my HDDs on boot.
I know this is a simple fix I just can't remember how to do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-raid0-setup-need-help.954505/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have a question I recently built a computer i set my hard drives up in a raid array The motherboard is an asus p c -e deluxe with a raid stuff already on it It is my first time building and im pretty sure i did everything right the array is ready to go Here is the question When i put the windows xp cd in and it starts up it says press f to install rd party drivers which i do and then a screen comes up telling me to press S so i do Then i get asked to insert a floppy disk with the drivers into drive A All my motherboard came with help xp with raid0 setup array Windows is a cd with a bunch if info I tried a few things made a few disk and have had no luck Please help Here are my specs Asus Windows xp setup with raid0 array help P C -E Deluxe P g cpu aspire case with led fans and w Windows xp setup with raid0 array help psu g dual channel kingston drr ram geforce gt oc hitachi gb hard drives X nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Good day all I have windows Pro on a HDD that I tried migrating to a bios raid a Z170 Windows upgrade win10 7 setup on to and raid0 of x GB SSD's on a Asus Z M-Plus All went fine but when booting it states that windows could not access the required device and needs to be Windows 7 on a Z170 raid0 setup and upgrade to win10 repaired from the install disc As you folks know the Z chipset does not support win and USB devices so I can not get it recovered or even do a clean install I really want to get it working and then upgrade to will this go smoothly Does anybody have any suggestions Current Settings The SSD's are BIOS Raided to RAID SATA Controller set from Windows 7 on a Z170 raid0 setup and upgrade to win10 ACHI to RAID in the BIOS XCHI handoff is enabled in the BIOS so that you can boot from a USB device I do not even have a external CD-ROM but access to a laptop Used EASUS partiotion master to do the OS Windows 7 on a Z170 raid0 setup and upgrade to win10 migration and it saw only the RAID SSD's as one Drive and was successful Thank you in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/382fd125-af97-4056-99bb-6a9723c65951/windows-7-on-a-z170-raid0-setup-and-upgrade-to-win10?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

I want to put 2 Mushkin Callisto Deluxe 60gb ssd in raido for awsome performance but never did a raid setup. How do u do this?

A:ssd in raid0 how do i do it?

Hello andjayik.

I just Googled this up for you and it's even a GIGABYTE board, it a place to start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/112750-ssd-raid0-how-do-i-do.html
Relevancy 41.28%

The other day I RAID0 on how? - P50 received Lenovo P 's each with x GB NVMe drives The RAID0 on P50 - how? machines were ordered with RAID but came preinstalled with Windows and without and RAID configuration nbsp I nbsp have promptly updated the BIOS to the latest version and upgraded the OS to Windows Pro using nbsp Microsoft's upgrade tool and went ahead to create the RAID array in BIOS nbsp Now the the problem Windows installation does not recognize the RAID array When I come to the stage where I have to select where to install Windows it simply says We couldn't find any drives I have an option of loading a driver but through my extensive googling I couldn't find one nbsp The array itself displays as healthy in BIOS and if I delete it completely I can install Windows with no issues on an individual SSD drive nbsp I've spoent about an hour on the phone with Lenovo support yesterday and after being transferred about times having to explain my issue and give my SN and details every time I've given up on them nbsp Any help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/RAID0-on-P50-how/td-p/3331978
Relevancy 41.28%

Can anyone guide me through setting up RAID0 on the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P? I have 2 WDC640 Blacks and am having major trouble getting it to work"

'EDIT' Im using Windows7 x64 and it wont let me continue it is asking for 'signed' drivers and I am using the drivers from the disc that came with the board.

A:RAID0 Help!

Have you tried the latest Vista X64 drivers?

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (rev. 1.0)

The chipset/SATA RAID package is dated 8/14/09 (to use the US date format), and the RAID package for use during the OS installation is dated 7/9/09.

The site does not give RAID drivers specifically for Windows 7 X64.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25202-raid0-help.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a 64GB Supertalent ultradrive SSD and a 1TB WD black (6Gb/s, dual processor, 64MB cache)

would it be a bad idea to RAID these drives together?

I know I would only get 128GB usable space, but speed wise would it work? or would the SSD already be maxxing it out by itself?

A:RAID0 with SSD & HDD?

I am not an expert on RAID but I have seemed to notice that it is defiantly recommended to raid 2 or more identical drives. I think an SSD and a normal drive may just confuse things a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid0-with-ssd-hdd.925708/
Relevancy 41.28%

will this really increase performance? or is it best to just have more RAM?

A:2 x 7,200 RPM HDD in RAID0

well, I thought having 2 HDDs would collect data faster to be processed, but I've realised that just upgrading the RAM instead will mean a higher cache for the data. Is that right? so it needs to be a balance so not to bottleneck the potential.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-x-7-200-rpm-hdd-in-raid0.99512/
Relevancy 41.28%

Can someone reassure me that The 1 TB SSD I just order For Drive will be juest as quick as if I configured in RAID 0? Talking "real world" Read/Writes, yes? Pretty sure I got the last one they will ship for a bit. When I went to reconfigure it was not longer an option to order. Fortuately I saved my card and the site actually saved it. No 1 TB as an option. Here is my order:Processor Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 MB Display 17.3 4K IPS Non-Touch Graphic Card NVIDIA Quadro M5000M 8GB Hard drive 1 1TB SSD PCIe-NVMe Hard drive 2 NONE Hard drive 3 NONE HDD Config SSDx1+ODDx1 64k non-

A:P70-w/the new 1TB same R/W as RAID0 right?

So is Lenovo shipping the Samsung SM961 or the PM961?I think Polaris controller on the PM reduces the need for RAIDO. Saw below on anandtech.com"The new OEM SSD lineups from Samsung will be the company?s first standard high-end SSDs for PC makers, which use 3D/V-NAND memory. The new drives rely on the all-new Polaris platform and will come in M.2-2280 form-factor with PCIe 3.0 x4 interface while utilizing the NVMe protocol."

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-w-the-new-1TB-same-R-W-as-RAID0-right/td-p/3335414
Relevancy 40.85%

hy to all. i have quick question, maybe somebody can help me. i just bought samsung 64gb ssd and im gonna install fresh copy of win7 into it. but i still have 2 wd caviar black 500gb hdd wich ones i would like to set in raid0 to improve alittle bit my pc performance. so somebody can explain to me step by step how to set up raid0 on my two wd hdd and instal win7 in my sdd. thank you a lot. waiting for info

A:ssd for OS and 2hdd on raid0

Hi, welcome to SF

Step 1 - connecting the drives
On your motherboard you have two sata controllers, one has 6 ports and the other has two marked as gsata (not esata these are ignored) your SSD needs to be plugged into the main sata ports (the group of six) along with all your other sata drives (optical etc) and your two WD blacks need to be plugged into the gsata ports

Step 2 - enable raid
Enter your bios by pressing esc or del (i think) and then you need to enable raid but be careful as there are two places you can enable it you need to enable the gsata raid controlled by Jmicron (cant remember exactly how it will appear in your bios) then press F10 save and exit

Step 3 - setup raid
On reboot after post screen you will see a new screen that says press ctrl & I (i think but may be another letter possibly G) to enter raid bios, press these keys and this will take you to setup screen then just follow the options on screen to setup the raid in whatever configuration you desire

Im not at home at the moment where i have a gigabyte mobo setup in raid if you have any probs post back and i will update this tomo with exact wording/letters as they will appear for you

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/55297-ssd-os-2hdd-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all. (Changed thread title)
i want to buy a SSD (around 85-120) for JUST the OS and programs. Pagefile and everything else on the 1TBs., and keep the raid-1 for movies/games/ISO`s/ECT.

The SSD im looking at: This
Anyone have one of these w/ some numbers?
SUPER TALENT UltraDrive ME FTM32GX25H 2.5" 32GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Retail
Sequential Access - Read: Up to 230MB/sec
Sequential Access - Write: Up to 160MB/sec
What do you guys think about that SSD? I read it even has a firmware for windows 7 to increase speeds. Anyone with numbers for that drive?
Budget: $130

A:1 SSD VS 2 HDD Raid0(+backup)

Honestly - my system has all sorts of freezes an stutters since putting my OS on the SSD, I'm going back to a real hard drive as soon as I get chance to reload.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/23126-1-ssd-vs-2-hdd-raid0-backup.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm depressed I need to move my Windows from RAID RAID0 Moving to from SSD W7 to my shiny new SSD drive Configuration before SSD Windows RC RAID nVidia chipset x GB on SATA ports Partitions GB free space left by previous instalations GB Windows system partition about GB used C rest is free now I had some other partitions but deleted them Works fine starts with no problems Configuration during movement Same as above GB clean SSD drive Moving W7 from RAID0 to SSD connected to SATA not being any raid member Windows starts normally Desired configuration after No RAID drives GB SSD on SATA port with one GB partition preferably C Controler either in IDE mode or AHCI Available additional hardware GB Moving W7 from RAID0 to SSD ATA HDD with approx GB free Tried sollutions Windows backup Backup made on ATA drive connected either directly to mainboard or via USB with use of external case Approx backup size GB Windows restore doesn't see SSD as destination drive Whatever I do I get an error saying quot no drive that can be used for restoring system could be found quot I tried with RAID drives connected as well as with drives off and controller set to IDE or AHCI EASEUS Back up DVDs with backup EASEUS doesn't let me choose SSD drive as destination It just doesn't appear there Clonezilla Seems that doesn't support RAID On source page I can choose between GB drives not one GB Strange it seems like clonezilla doesn't care about RAID controller it works with drives directly Acronis Migrate easy Seems to work but migrating cloning takes seconds and nothing is copied to SSD drive It says that process is complete and successfull but apparently is not SSD drive stays empty Any other good ideas how to deal with it Why GB free hard drive is not enough for windows bakcup to fit half empty GB partition What's wrong with Acronis It seems very strange that is tells me it's done and successfull and it does nothing Thanks for all help in advance I'm on the edge of nervous breakdown read fresh instalation

A:Moving W7 from RAID0 to SSD

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Do you have a functional OS on this system now?

Did you connect the SSD to a functional system in your step "Configuration during movement:", then activate and partition the SSD?

How many backups out of all the attempts do you have stored somewhere (maybe on your external HD)?

Have you tried a fresh install of Win7?
Can it see your SSD?
If it can see it, put a fresh install of win7 on your SSD, then restore your backup on it.

If it doesn't see it run a boot CD/DVD to check that the SSD is available.

Another option, down load the free Partition Wizard, and get the Bootable CD. See if it will recognize it.

Let us know your progress.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34723-moving-w7-raid0-ssd.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Looking to set up a Raid0 with 2 x 1 TB drives. Only problem is the drives are from 2 different companies. 1 is a HITACHI Deskstar 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0gb/s, the other is SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s. Am i able still able to combine these 2 drives to make Raid0 array?

A:setting up a RAID0

Welcome to the forums pal.

Yep you will be fine, same size (make a model has no difference)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/128857-setting-up-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Today trying to setup RAID0 2 Samsung 830 128GB and 256GB SSD. When i try to create raid new volume why it only allow 226.6 GB only am i do something wrong?

A:RAID0 SSD Samsung 830

You need identical drives to set up an array. In your case, it will default to the lowest size available, and treat the array as if it were two 128 GB drives.

But, I can save you time and grief. Don't bother. Use the single 256 as your primary drive. RAID0 is all hype and myth for 99.9% of the people using it, and actually can negate some of the benefits of an SSD. When SSDs first came out, system builders were striping them together to make up for their small size. Now that prices have fallen and capacities have risen, there's no reason at all to consider a RAID0 array with SSDs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229177-raid0-ssd-samsung-830-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello

I'm trying to create RAID0 with two drives. The first is 320GB and second 1TB.
I know it won't be 1,32TB. The summary capacity should be 1229,5 GB (298.0 + 931.5).
It asks for RAID name, RAID level, Strip Size and Capacity.
Capacity is by default 596.2 GB and below is "The default value indicates the maximum capacity using the selected disks....".

What am I doing wrong? I hope the maximum size could be at least 1100GB.
How is it posible to have available only a half of the smaller drive?

I have GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3-B3 (BIOS version F10)
Drives Samsung (320GB) and Western Digital (1.0TB)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100

Thank You..

A:RAID0 low capacity available

Hello Ejmin, and welcome to Seven Forums.

In a RAID setup, it will only use the amount of space from each drive as the total amount of the smallest drive in the RAID. Since your smallest drive in the RAID is 320GB (actually 298.1GB), it will only use 320GB from the second 1TB HDD. This gives you 320GB + 320GB = 640GB with a true size of 596.2GB (298.1 + 298.1).

When setting up a RAID, it's best to have the HDDs all be the same size so that you will be able to use all of the space on all HDDs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219976-raid0-low-capacity-available.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Folks I have an unused gb lite-on SSD which I questions! RAID0 SSD immediately replaced when I bought a thinkpad a year ago and I ve managed to buy an identical one on ebay SSD RAID0 questions! for next to nothing I have a computer downstairs that me and my kids use to play games on which has a Win install on it and I m going to RAID the two disks using the Asrock Pro motherboards built in RAID controller and move the install over to that for faster load times I have not played around with RAID before though I do understand it and am quite happy with RAID for this purpose the same machine has a HDD with a linux install for anything important only games allowed on windows I ve been using linux of various flavours pretty universally since about so I m a total Windows noob Some questions Firstly there is the issue of free space I tend to keep of my SSD disks unformatted to leave the controller plenty of space for wear over time With a RAID setup would I be best to do this by creating an partition on each disk then making a logical drive from these or create a single logical drive from of each disk then only format of this on the install I m guessing the former but not sure Secondly how do I align the filesystem correctly with this sort of setup I know that Windows apparently automatically does this just like current fdisk lvm mdadm on modern linux distros but will it do so effectively given that there s another layer of logical RAID volume between it and the actual SSDs themselves Do I therefore need to align the primary partitions when setting up the RAID controller instead Finally how does TRIM work with windows and this sort of setup I know that with Linux trim needs to be enabled on each virtual disk layer does this need to be the case with Windows nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I have 2 physical HDs (170 gig each) WD raptor 10,000rpm in RAID0 so it appears in windows XP pro x64 as one drive. So how am I going to partition it( or them ) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partitioning-in-raid0.838094/
Relevancy 40.85%

I ve been reading the threads on this board to look for an answer both? or Raid0, partitions, to my questions but I m getting more and more confused Would you guys and gals be so kind as to give me a Raid0, partitions, or both? stright plain answer to these questions I ve been searching alot lately on increasing HD performance and I ve read that creating a Windows partition that will be at least free when Windows programs etc are installed and also that using the RAID increases performance So what should I do Won t doing both ie using raid creating a Windows partition and another for documents files etc cancel each other out If I m going to have to do one or the other which one And the other question is that I ve also read about backup to IDE drives being a problem I want to use Vistas own backup solutions to back up to an external hard drive - Would it really matter what this is I haven t actually got one yet Any comments suggestions wuold be most welcome Thanks By the way I have identical SATA drives I got that bit right nbsp

A:Raid0, partitions, or both?

2 SATA drives ?

Does your Motherboard have 2 SATA connections ?
As you know each only has 1 Master connection.
But yes don't overload your C: OS drive.20 % for sure.
Also have room on D: for any on C; you might want to keep and store on D:
if you Format and install OS again.eg: Favorites,My Documents etc.
With the other one as D: you shoudn't need to partition C:
With D: depending on size you could make it D: and E.
In my case D is pictures and E is Music.
What are yours each in size ?
Caution though,SATA drives aren't easy to install
You need the Motherboard cd and Manual,definitly.
and i don't feel mine is any faster.Still 7200.Look for 10,000 i hear is around.
But you say you already have them.
Unles they can be exchanged,reply soon to this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid0-partitions-or-both.108228/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I have windows 7 professional.

At this moment, running Q9550 OC to 3.7Ghz with ASUS P5E MB.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

It has RAID on board.

Would you recommend using it? Will i really notice any performance with lets say 2x500GB SATA2 HDD's?

I am a lot into gaming, so, thought this matters?

Please, tell me what would you recommend, which hdd's etc?

Any help is very much appreciated

Thank you!
sfrj

A:Thinking about RAID0

Personally, I wouldn't suggest doing a RAID0 as this setup splits the data between the 2 discs and if either disc fails, you lose all of the data.

If budget allows, your biggest bang for the buck would be an SSD drive. Use this as your OS drive and load games to it, put everything else on a standard mechanical hard drive. Not only so SSD's provide more speed than a RAID0 stripe with 2 drives, but it's almost instantaenous access. Not to mention, no noise and vibrations within the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69269-thinking-about-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.85%

So I was wondering what is better for gaming. A raptor 150gb 10,00rpm alone or two 7200 drives in raid0. I dont need TOO much space, but I think I will need more than 150gb. So is there a way I can get faster loading times with the raptor, but put the music, videos, and other things on the bigger slower drive. Or would it be cheaper and faster to get 2 drives in RAID0. I dont really care about the risk of loosing data. I will not be putting anything to important. Only a bunch of games, programs like photoshop or illastrator, and a lot of music.

A:raid0 vs 10,000rpm!!

Well

I once asked the same question, these are the answers I got.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic67289.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid0-vs-10-000rpm.76007/
Relevancy 40.85%

Has anyone had any success installing a raid0 setup using a P4C800-E Deluxe with a fresh Vista install?

If so, could you direct me to the steps you used to accomplish this?

Thank you for your support in advance.

StressTest

A:Raid0 on Vista?

Have you located the proper raid drivers yet? AFter that it should be a simple as hitting f6 during setup to get the raid going, either off a floppy disk or usb. You need to enable raid in the bios as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/raid0-on-vista-162248.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Greetings.
3 SSD's. Boot works fine when it runs in AHCI mode. Windows 10 is on SSD 1.
I then switch from AHCI to RAID, and then I make a RAID0-array of SSD 2+SSD3.

Then it can't boot anymore, allthough there has been no change for SSD 1 with Windows 10. Inaccessible_boot_device. But why? How to get Windows 10 to boot with this setup?

A:3 SSD's - wish to run raid0 on 2 SSD, and one single SSD

Found the solution here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1227636/h...s-installation

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57484-3-ssds-wish-run-raid0-2-ssd-one-single-ssd.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hi
just setup raid 0 on my kt3 ultra2-r mobo works excellent
however since the new o/s install 98se my [acer 56x] cd acts wierd
slow reads if cd is in explorer crawls open
read fail during install generally freaky
i have cacheman set to 56x with enough cache
its on ide 2 as slave
id have to bring it to my friend major hassle to change to master

any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-raid0-cd-rom-madness.144165/
Relevancy 40.85%

Was reading a review on NEgg and the person stated that Win 7 trim does not work on SSD drives in RAID0. True? Not? Maybe?

Relevancy 40.85%

RAID failure Hi My Asus system just experienced a failure on it s RAID array The system was working fine until yesterday morning when it would not boot into RAID0 failure either of the Windows XP Pro installations on RAID0 failure the system There is a rd install however which is on a standard SATA drive not part of the RAID array and it will boot fine The RAID array is installed on the Intel ICH R controller When I configure the ICH R as standard SATA I can see the two RAID drives in Disk management when booted into the good OS Of course these drives are now configured as stand-alone not RAID Now what is interesting is that Disk shows one GB partition as Healthy and Active and the remaining GB of that drive as Unallocated Disk identical to Disk shows as completely Unallocated Disk is where the good OS is installed RAID0 failure and this of course shows as Healthy System All disks are Seagate ST AS At some point during my troubleshooting I was able to get the prompt to press Ctl-I for access to the ICH R RAID configuration and this indicated that the RAID volumes had failed But most of the time I don t even get the prompt for Ctl-I so I cannot get into the ICH R config Also note that just prior to gaining access to ICH R config through BIOS I got a popup in the good Windows install that there was a problem with the RAID volume on the ICH R controller What that utility told me is that there was a disk missing from the RAID array All indications point towards a failed hard drive I listened to both drives and they are spinning up and I can hear clicking indicating that the heads are moving at startup They both sounded the same to me No strange noises I am fully backed up so this is not a crisis but I will of course have to re-install my OS and apps I am also concerned that there is a slight chance that the problem is the ICH R controller however I would think that if this were the problem the BIOS and Windows would not recognize the drives connected as standard SATA as they do My plans now are to buy new HDD s and set up either stand-alone SATA or go with RAID At least with RAID I get the fault protection I didn t have with RAID But at the time of setting up this system I was going for performance and understood the risk of using a RAID array I suppose that if I want the best of both worlds I would go with RAID using disks but right now I am on a limited budget so buying new HDD s is doubtful I would appreciate any comments suggestions Maybe there is a RAID utility that can be launched from the floppy which would provide more information than the ROM based versions do Thanks FW nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid0-failure.82790/
Relevancy 40.85%

I want to turn my gaming rig into a striped raid array. I know the 2 drive's have to be the same. My question is the same true for the drive's cache. I have 2 seagate 500gb 7200.11 drives but one has a 16mb cache and the other a 32mb cache. Can I still use these 2 drives together or will the cache size really make a difference?
Thanks for any help!

A:Raid0 question

hardware cache in the HDs is invisible to the OS and its drivers, so NO they do not need to be the same.

HOWEVER, I would strongly advise you to search the site for all RAID comments;
raid-0 will be a disaster upon the very first disk error and force you into a full system
recovery. ARE YOU READY FOR THAT???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid0-question.126907/
Relevancy 40.85%

Should I RAID SSD or not because I have just done two installations with and without RAID and the difference between the two you can notice The boot is so fast the Windows logo is there for a few seconds then it s to the desktop It for SSD AHCI or RAID0 s about the same without RAID and I didn t see any difference between the two It s the Devil and RAID0 or AHCI for SSD the Angle theory Go with RAID because you ve always used RAID or should I move on with the times and ditch RAID and just do the following below Windows Rated the SSD RAID as Do h Windows Rated the SSD as AHCI SATA as Option One RAID SSD install OS spanned across two SSD drives Use with other SATA HDD for other storage Option Two SSD OS Only Only install M B drivers and M B software SSD Create a new folder Program Files as your default Program files It s a pain in the backside to change RAID0 or AHCI for SSD the root folder to the second SSD which will improve performance and speed So the moral of the question is RAID or AHCI for all drives and use Option Two I tried it in RAID and I seen a massive increase in speed To desktop was seconds which I was pleased about Although I have the burning question in my head telling me to us AHCI and not RAID because the performance of TRIM with SSD drive is better My problem is I have seen figures for SSD with RAID and they are insane to say the least On some results there was a increate in R amp W compared with without RAID I am stuck at a Cross Road no knowing which to take I m new to SSD after being a die hard HDD user for some many years using RAID Thank you chaps and ladies if somebody can advise I would be very grateful indeed nbsp

A:RAID0 or AHCI for SSD

If windows was installed with AHCI turned off,then it didn't
actually get activated in windows.
Might be why you are seeing a difference.
http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2010/05/25/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-7/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid0-or-ahci-for-ssd.1054612/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I m trying to confirm whether or not TRIM is actually working on my system and I can t find any definitive answers I m on a new Asus G JZ-DB which has dual SanDisk GB SSDs in RAID I ve heard that TRIM was incompatible with RAID but I ve also seen recent reports claiming that newer drives or motherboards or whatever did allow for TRIM with RAID drives My knowledge if techese is limited so I m unsure what to believe Secondly I ve encrypted my SSD s using DiskCryptor without issue and DiskCryptor claims full compatibility my if enabled to TRIM on SSD? RAID0 How is tell with both RAID and TRIM Here s where I get confused Both CrystalDiskInfo and the fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify command in Command Prompt indicate that TRIM is enabled on my system However when I use TRIMcheck I m informed that TRIM doesn t appear to be working How How to tell if TRIM is enabled on my RAID0 SSD? can I conclusively verify if TRIM is working for me And if it isn t is there a way to activate it on my system Thanks in advance EDIT The SSD is a SanDisk SD SE G E How to tell if TRIM is enabled on my RAID0 SSD?

A:How to tell if TRIM is enabled on my RAID0 SSD?

?fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify? command in Command Prompt Is your best indicator, if result is 0 you are good to go. If you can force Trim in "Optimize Drives" is also good indication it's working.

TRIM Support for SSD - Check and Enable or Disable

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53332-how-tell-if-trim-enabled-my-raid0-ssd.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, I just bought a new Dell XPS desktop with a Core 2 Duo and a Raid 0, I used to use Diskeeper to defrag on the old pc, but when I run Diskeeper on the Raid 0 setup, I get a error that one of the hard drives are failing. I was wondering if you have to defrag a raid setup or not? Some people say that you dont want to defrag a raid0, some say they defrag all the time with no problem. What would you suggest? Thanks for your Help! Long Time Fan!! Dennis
[email protected]

Relevancy 40.42%

hi
i have a p5q motherboard and 2 sata disks that i want to configure as raid0. the mb has an utility called drive xpert that works the same like raid0 or raid1, but it says that it can be used only for data and not for boot disk. i have read on forums that it works also as boot disk but i dont know how to do it, windows recognize the disks as 1 but with the double size! please if anyone know how to do it or if i cant do it, how can i configure a raid0?
thank you

A:drive xpert or raid0

Quote: Originally Posted by aris

hi
i have a p5q motherboard and 2 sata disks that i want to configure as raid0. the mb has an utility called drive xpert that works the same like raid0 or raid1, but it says that it can be used only for data and not for boot disk. i have read on forums that it works also as boot disk but i dont know how to do it, windows recognize the disks as 1 but with the double size! please if anyone know how to do it or if i cant do it, how can i configure a raid0?
thank you

Hello aris, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You should start by reading about RAID, its advantages and risks:

RAID | Dell

B.C. Technology and Internet Services: RAID Info

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/58927-drive-xpert-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I currentley have 2 300gb HDs set up in a RAID0 configeration on my Dell XPS420 running Windows Vista 32bit. i would like to create 2 partitions, one for the OS and one for my Music and Videos.

does anyone have a step by step guide/tutorial on how i can do this?

A:Creating a partition on RAID0

not a good idea - - raid0 is fragile as-is.

The right sequence is

start over
do the partitioning of the physical drive(s)
then initialize the raid-x on the appropriate partitions of your choice
format the remaining non-raid partitions
now load your data
On (3), make sure you use one partition per physical drive and don't allow the raid-x to be only one one HD - - kind of silly isn't it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creating-a-partition-on-raid0.160349/
Relevancy 40.42%

Anyone know how to activate the Raid0 configuration. I recently had one of my babies crash and die....I took the duel WD Raptors from it and have a Dell 4700. On their website it sates you can run Raid0 or Raid1. So far I have not found any options to do this and they are recognised as 2 drives. I would appreciate any help and hate to let a perfectly good raptor collect dust.

A:Dell 4700 Raid0

RAID Level 0 is the riskiest RAID you can run. It has no redubndancy and actually doubles your chances of an entire loss of all data because it doubles (and in cases of four drives, quadruples) your chances of losing your data simply because it doubles the number of possible drive failures.

Running RAID 0 is for gamers who want the performance boost and who have no data important enough to back up. If you have important data, I suggest at least a third drive as a backup drive and that it run on an automated schedule set up to back up at least the important data.

Having written that, if your system has built-in RAID capability, it will be available in the BIOS, available by pressing F2 on boot. The computer's manual should have that information. If you don't have a manual, you can probably download one from Dell.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-4700-raid0.617375/
Relevancy 40.42%

Im installing win for the first time I want to set it up in a raid config does it matter whether I use the or bit discs to my understanding the bit allows me to use more ram in the future is that correct so should go with that also have seen several Installing with Raid0 Win7 posts saying that win has the necessary drivers for raid contained on it and I don't need to download them separately could someone Confirm deny this I have had vista set up and running in raid config on this system so I know it will work just want to make sure I do it right the first time with win Q - is there a link on this board anywhere to a guild for a raid install for win Installing Raid0 with Win7 I've checked the stickys but I can't seem to see one many thanks also - the drivers that Im supposed to download they are for the mobo correct not the video card this is my mobo http support asus com download dow Language en-us so I should download v doesn't seem very recent to me

A:Installing Raid0 with Win7

This is just a general guide RAID

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/53299-installing-raid0-win7.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi and thanks for the discussion of raid drives Here is my problem I m back but raid0 vista and stripe got a better handle on this I have two drives configured striped I can see them in the raid bios information The drives are fast and as I understand it Dell configures these drives to split data - BUT I have installed about Gigs on the harddrive and Vista is reporting double that I thought at first it was mirroring the drive but according to Dell - raid is not raid0 stripe and vista a mirror drive Could it be just Vista How can I tell raid0 stripe and vista for sure what I have here Bugs the heck out me Is there some utility anyone could recommend so that I could see what is on the drives added this note raid0 stripe and vista I just tested this and if I install a quot program quot it doubles the size as shown in the properties of the quot c quot drive If I install a folder say some large clipart it counts it correctly Go figure Thanks so much in advance Reba nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Maxtor MaxLine Plus II 250GB SATA150 8MB buffer 7200 RPMhttp://www.epinions.com/pr-Maxtor_MaXLine_Plus_II_250_GB_7Y250M0-20PK_Hard_Drive/display_~full_specs

with a

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 100GB SATA150 8MB buffer 7200RPM
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=6L100M0-R&cat=HDD

They are both Maxtor but different models and different sizes. However they are both sata150 w/ 8mb buffer and 7200rpm.

Any suggestions?

A:will these two drives work well in RAID0 ?

I am not sure really, but from what I've been told they need to be EXACTLY the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-two-drives-work-well-in-raid0.615321/
Relevancy 40.42%

Haya, i put my HD into my bro Vista Dell PC cus my PC flipped n i wanted to use his to scan my HD. The PC said press CTRL+I for Configure or something like that, then something About RADI0 Came up, I, Like an idiot removed RAID0 then created a RAID0 again. Now when the PC boots it say press F1 to retry and F2 to enter setup, and something about cannot find boot device?? What does this mean??

A:RAID0 Vista+Dell

I think you may have to do a repair install using the Vista disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/raid0-vista-dell-167942.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Just a quick and hopefully simple question:
I have two drives in Raid0 (as a simple automatic backup of my video library).
If I disable the Raid, and use each drive as separate drives, will the files already on those two drives disappear, or will I end up with 2 drives with identical files intact?

I believe I will have two drives with identical files, but wish to hear from others that have tried this and can verify. Thank you

A:question about Raid0 drives

Quote:
I believe I will have two drives with identical files

Only if you have it in RAID1 would that happen. Hope you have lots of space somewhere to back up whatever is on that RAID0 set up as once you break the array you will lose everything on it.

P.S. It is never a good idea to use RAID0 for backup purposes just for that reason alone,

Standard RAID levels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171977-question-about-raid0-drives.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, I have a set up with one SSD for windows 7 x64 and two Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB HDD 3.5"

Without raid0 all is going well, when I raid0 the two Barracuda I have better performance but I have a huge unallocated space of 746.53 GB

On Windows 7 disk management the I do not have any option for the unallocated space, as all options are grey out when I right click.

When I log off windows and delete the raid0, I can see all 2795 MB of the space, if I raid them again I end up with 746 GB space which I cannot add as a simple volume nor expand the other volume.

Is there a known workaround?

Thanks

A:raid0 unallocated space 700 GB

Did you initialise the RAID as GPT instead of MBR? That's the first thing that comes to mind.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/155521-raid0-unallocated-space-700-gb.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I need an help to make a dual boot with Win XP and Win7.

Actualy I have installed Windows XP in RAID 0 (2 disks WD of 500GB).
Now I decide to add a SSD disk with Windows 7 (Corsair GT 120GB).
On Win XP I have many data, programs, certificates, etc. that I need, some programs work only on Win XP. For newer data, jobs, etc. I also need Win 7.

How can I make this installation that work?
Any help to make this without losing any data?
Thanks.

A:Dual boot Win XP (RAID0), Win 7 (SSD)

Will your motherboard allow you to run simultaneous RAID0 with an SSD set to AHCI?

If so I'd plug in the SSD to Clean Install Windows 7.

This will configure a Dual Boot menu placing the boot files for both OS's on XP. So in the future if you want to remove XP or the unnecessary RAID goes down you'll have to mark Win7 Active to repair it by running three separate Startup Repairs.

If you'd like to keep the two OS's independent booted via the BIOS, unplug the RAID first to install only with the SSD plugged in. Afterwards set the SSD to boot first, boot RAID using one-time BIOS boot Menu key. However I would be concerned about the RAID remaining intact using this method.

Remember that RAID0 confers no advantage and isn't even redundance since you'd lose everything if you lose one HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/256691-dual-boot-win-xp-raid0-win-7-ssd.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi As i mentioned in the title of this thread i have some problems installing W on a raid setup I got brand new Samsung Spinpoint F Big trouble installing W7 on RAID0 GB disks on which i am trying to install windows So i did it all by the book go into bios set SATA drives as RAID press ctrl i during post setup Big trouble installing W7 on RAID0 a RAID array Big trouble installing W7 on RAID0 and off i went to the install screen I followed the steps the way i should wait ages for the region and language screen press ok wait ages for the x or x screen select the one i want x and install everything Everything went fine untill i shut down my Big trouble installing W7 on RAID0 computer to connect my other hard disks While power was off i connected my Samsung Spinpoint F TB and my external Western Digital Elements GB HD So i booted my computer and i got the message quot NO DRIVES FOUND INSERT PROPER BOOT DEVICE quot or something like that i guess u'll know what i mean So i was like WTF my boot order changed So i went back to the bios to the boot order screen and my entire RAID array disappeared from the boot list No problem i thought I rebooted re-created my RAID array went back into the windows install again wait ages for just selecting my region and x or x screen and stuff like that Then i came to the part where i had to select my disks So i chose my RAID array When i selected my raid array and pressed install it said the following thing quot Could not find or create any partitions Check your log for more information This was the part where stuff starts flying around the room and i start to swear with words that are yet to be invented Ive been stuck on this damn part for over hours now So i REALLY hope any of u might know the answer to solve this Regards Patrick PS Quick responses are rewarded with virtual kisses EDIT System specs Asus P Q Intel Q Mushkin GB RAM Ati

A:Big trouble installing W7 on RAID0

My mobo needs two options set to enable the RAID. Turn either off and RAID disappears.

Please provide detailed system specs.

And leave the kissing for someone else. I hear Cindy is lonely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25010-big-trouble-installing-w7-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello again all i was wondering if anyone had any experience with Asus P Q series mobos I have a P Q-PRO and currently am installed to a WD gig I want to know it will be Xpert- Raid0? Drive any quicker installing to Raid- with the WD gig and a WD gig Both are sata Although i know it will be faster does anyone know of a rough idea of speed increase just a guesstimate will do And now for the specific P Q stuff This board has a feature called Drive Xpert on it and although in the manual it states that you can only use the ports for data storage i have seen posts on the net from people that say Drive Xpert- Raid0? they have been able to use it as a boot setup and this is what i would like to try if the speed increase will be noticeable Only thing is is that out Drive Xpert- Raid0? of all the posts that i've seen with people saying quot oh i did it and all was fine quot i've never actually seen a post with any tips on how to get this working with regards to making driver disks and formatting ect This will also be my first time trying Raid so i want it to go as smooth as possible Thanks all edit I do have a spare pcie port sata card lying around but it's only sata Would this still be faster than drive installed the conventional way if the Drive Xpert thing turns out to be a flop

A:Drive Xpert- Raid0?

Hi Sevsman,

One thing to consider is that If you use a 320 and a 200 you will lose access to the 120GB difference giving a total size of 400gb so you may want to consider a balanced set-up if you are not using existing drives.

The other thing to consider is that using the on-board controller n cause bottlenecks that will negate the speed advantages of the array.

Have a look at the in depth article here which will explain things a little with regards to stripe size etc.

RAID 0: Hype or blessing? (1/9) | Tweakers.net

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/4076-drive-xpert-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I may have to reinstall win XP pro x64. I have a question: the current system is raid0 which I don't like it but don't know how to get rid of it. So if I reinstall windows, do I have the option to get rid of raid in the process ? such as windows install will ask if I want to set raid or not ?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone I was hoping to get some advice as I'm confused about something I have a RC of Win that Raid0 with Reformat Win7 now I'm ready to put a clean install of a genuine Win OS Win7 Reformat with Raid0 My current HDD setup is in Raid on that machine too I want to be able to reformat both my physical HDD drives first then install Win again in Raid I know from previous that Win did not include a reformat erase option in the setup so I'm wondering what is the best way for me to reformat these drives first I'm guessing take each one physically out of the case and hook them up seperately to another rig of mine then reformat in just Windows then This way they are erased of all old data I just dont want to just install Win over the RC install I already have I would think by doing so you are taking more chances of corrupted data and I don't need that kind of problem Let me know what you guys think Thanks in advance JFAZ

A:Win7 Reformat with Raid0

It shouldn't be necessary to reformat your RAID drives prior to running the install. Boot from the install disk. When Setup asks you "Where do you want to install Windows?" click "Drive options (advanced)". From the next screen, you can format your drive/s. (You could also use your RAID setup in Bios to break and then rebuild the array prior to install, but this is really not necessary IMHO.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69179-win7-reformat-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I would like to go back to having 2 separate drives. If I delete my RAID will I lose data stored on the C drive??

A:dismount my RAID0 array

Yes it will be gone if you break the array...data is striped between the two drives and won't be recoverable. Make a backup of everything you want to keep prior to your change and then re-install Windoze

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dismount-my-raid0-array.177628/
Relevancy 40.42%

This PC should be good to upgrade but what are the excat manufaturs parts that are used so I can get a list of drivers that work. I have looked at the dell driver page but it is not what I needed because it wont tell you who the manufacture is. I tried calling them but since this is not a question that can be awnsered but a flash card that was a waist of an hour.

I am running RAID 0 now and I want to know what driver I should use. I am almost sure that it is a nVidia driver. I dont know.

Also can I change my BIOS out from the one that is installed?

Thanks for all the help.

Chenzo.

A:Dell XPS 720 Upgradeable? RAID0 x64

You are probably going to need to pop the cover and LOOK at the individual drives to see the exact model/make/manufacturer.

Or try Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/50293-dell-xps-720-upgradeable-raid0-x64.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have Wn7 Pro 32 bit and a Raid0 configuration. Upon setup I never had to install or choose any drivers for the Raid and Win7 just saw the one drive that equalled both my drives, so it's seeing it properly.

My question is do I absolutely need to install Raid drivers (like from a flash drive) or since Win7 saw it properly I'm guessing that it chose a driver for me. Is this correct?

A:Simple Raid0 Question

Windows 7 comes with a lot of drivers that work, so in many cases, there is no need to install other drivers.

I'd say, if it's working well, leave it be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/69372-simple-raid0-question.html
Relevancy 40.42%

is there ANY compatible driver available for the 750SB ... of course I'm looking for drivers I can use to install 7 on my RAID0 striping array of two 150 gig VelociRaptors.

I'm just trying to install the RC, not RTM for now.

Please see my setup. Thanks, any help or a simple "no you can't do this yet" would be greatly appreciated.

A:Crosshair III Formula RAID0 help

in order to answer my own question, a few people have suggested installing the vista driver. Will try that today after work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/20383-crosshair-iii-formula-raid0-help.html
Relevancy 40.42%

OK...just got everything all set up, def feels peppy....
Question, ran HD Tach 3.0.1.0...and this is the result....

what the fuuuuu...???

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/226803-velociraptors-raid0-question.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Am attempting a fresh install (RC1 64bit) to a new RAID 0 configuration - ICH8 slots on a Gigabyte P965-DQ6 board. First time thru the very first step 'Copying Windows Files' failed with 'Could not format partition' ... rebooted and restarted the install and this time was shown 2 partitions...one system reserved with around 85gig - the other with the balance of the drives combined total. So it wrote _something.

But install is unable to get any further...attempted to choose 'next' tosses:
"failed to format the selected partition" error-0x80070057

No joy attempting to use the 'delete' or 'format' choices at that screen either. I've copied the motherboard's ich8r driver to a usb but install doesn't recognize any valid drivers.

what next?

thx
--steve...

A:Problem installing to RAID0

Quote: Originally Posted by justSteve

Am attempting a fresh install (RC1 64bit) to a new RAID 0 configuration - ICH8 slots on a Gigabyte P965-DQ6 board. First time thru the very first step 'Copying Windows Files' failed with 'Could not format partition' ... rebooted and restarted the install and this time was shown 2 partitions...one system reserved with around 85gig - the other with the balance of the drives combined total. So it wrote _something.

But install is unable to get any further...attempted to choose 'next' tosses:
"failed to format the selected partition" error-0x80070057

No joy attempting to use the 'delete' or 'format' choices at that screen either. I've copied the motherboard's ich8r driver to a usb but install doesn't recognize any valid drivers.

what next?
thx
--steve...

Hi Steve, Welcome to the Forum.

How much RAM do you have installed??

Try it with just one stick

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8268-problem-installing-raid0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Quick question... I am looking at putting together a new rig primarily for gaming. I know you can do sata in a raid0 configuration, but can you do the same with sata II? I would think so but haven't seen a specific "yes" to that question. Thanks for any replies.

Relevancy 40.42%

WIN XP PRO os. I plan to reformat and reload os. helpfull hints needed.
mb is asus p4c800e deluxe
cpu is P4 3.0 ghz oc to 3.6ghz
2 raid drives WD raptor 70gb each
video card is HIS X1950 PRO ICEQ3 turbo with 512 mb
memory is OCZ 2gb pc3700
System runs now but registry is in foul shape.
This system is used for 3d cad engineering and video processing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid0-reformatting-drives-233833.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My Computer is failing and I need need array a move to raid0 to save my RAID array The RAID is a Promise PDC ATA RAID controller on a Gigabyte GA- need to move a raid0 array VAXP motherboard The Computer had been running fine for a couple of years and then suddenly stopped working I can still access the bios of the motherboard but I can no longer get into windows XP it freezes on a black screen If I boot from my windows xp cd need to move a raid0 array it goes through the normal process intil it says starting windows xp and then freezes If I hit CTRL-F on bootup i can get into the bios type menu for the raid array and it says the array is funtional Ive tried swapping the CPU and memmory and video card but I dont think they are causing the problem Ive also removed any unnessasary cards devices I am aslo sure that the bios settings are not the cause I assume its probably motherboard related as software wont run properly off a cd as well as off the hard drive I do not have a backup dont bother telling me I should have made one My questions are Can I move the drives to any other motherboard with an ATA raid controller for example a sillicon image RAID controller or does it need to be the exact same controller which I cant find Does anyone have any other suggestion of how I can get access to the data on the RAID array Maybe a utility than can be run from floppy or CD Thanks Alot nbsp

A:need to move a raid0 array

If you have a highspeed connectiong, try downloading Knoppix.

Its a live linux distrobution (runs from the CD). You might be able to get some data off. It has CD/DVD burner software so you might be able to burn off the data you need.

Worth a try and it shouldn't hurt anything. Plus you get a chance to play with Linux.

http://www.knoppix.net/

edit : sp mistakes....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-move-a-raid0-array.25492/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an AbitKT7A-RAID and have 2x30GB on a RAID0/Stripe and wonder if I can use Partition Magic to create partitions......if so are there any problems to look out for as I cannot find anything written on the subject?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I my tell on if SSD? TRIM is RAID0 to How enabled m trying to confirm whether or not TRIM is How to tell if TRIM is enabled on my RAID0 SSD? actually working on my system and I can t find any definitive answers I m on a new Asus G JZ-DB which has dual GB SSDs in RAID I ve heard that TRIM was incompatible with RAID but I ve also seen recent reports claiming that newer drives or motherboards or whatever did allow for TRIM with RAID drives My knowledge if techese is limited so I m unsure what to believe Secondly I ve encrypted my SSD s using DiskCryptor without issue and DiskCryptor claims full compatibility with both RAID and TRIM Here s where I get confused Both CrystalDiskInfo and the fsutil behavior query How to tell if TRIM is enabled on my RAID0 SSD? DisableDeleteNotify command in Command Prompt indicate that TRIM is enabled on my system However when I use TRIMcheck I m informed that TRIM doesn t appear to be working How can I conclusively verify if TRIM is working for me And if it isn t is there a way to activate it on my system Thanks in advance EDIT The SSD is a SanDisk SD SE G E

A:How to tell if TRIM is enabled on my RAID0 SSD?

You can download AS SSD and it will tell you if TRIM is enabled or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547217/how-to-tell-if-trim-is-enabled-on-my-raid0-ssd/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys I currently have a RAID with x TB drives I believe one of them is failing Oscillating humming sound when I start up those drives Is it possible for me to buy a new TB drive go in Ubuntu and dd the failing drive onto the new one and reconfigure the RAID so the new drive is in the array instead of the old one I m running Replace a drive in RAID0 a Windows bit and the array was configured with the Disk Management module of the Computer Management Console I m very comfortable opening up my case and all but I don t know how Windows manages the RAID so I don t know if I just DD the old onto the new one unplug the old if the data that says quot this is the nth drive in the array quot is on the actually drive or it s in windows I know a RAID is a bad idea no fault tolerance nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

as the title says, i build new set of PC but i can't finish installation of W7, after the 2nd restarts, just hanging on Black Screen but the "Windows 7 For testing purposes only. Build 7000" message on lower left corner has. but on Vista works fine, can someone help me how to do this.

thanks in advance!

S M O T H E R

A:Unable to install on RAID0

can someone help me here?

S M O T H E R

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/3009-unable-install-raid0.html
Relevancy 39.99%

how much performance gain can you get from configuring a raid configuration well i would say not much because i just reverted back from raid to simple sata drives couldn t afford to loose the GB music and gb of software i ? home it /desktop Solved: pc for Is the raid0: ve collected from the net over the last years Though the redundency of some raid levels may be cruicial Solved: raid0: Is it for the home /desktop pc ? in server or data base systems but we are talking about raid on a home desktop pc here And after all raid is hardly a raid level when it comes to redundency or fault tolerence I ve tried dynamic disks in win xp sp but that is Billgates trade mark stuff like the mafia you can come in but there is no getting out are there other ways to use raid on a desktop than those given in wikipedia If there is a way I can recover data from a raid without professional help I would like to know nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all I just finished building a new comp raid0 windows array xp Installing a on The raid array is already set up Downloaded the latest raid drivers for the onboard promise controller Motherboard is PC -E deluxe When I open up the folder that contains the driver it has these folders NT Win -ME Win Win WinXP It also has Installing windows xp on a raid0 array these files fasttx k readme txtsetup oem and a make disk thingy When i Click on the make disk it makes a floppy with all the info on it but its an exact replica of what i downloaded so everything is in folders on the floppy Was curious if i just have to use the files that are in the winxp folder fasttx k setup information fasttx k system file fasttx k security catalog ptipbmf dll and the files that are in the root directory fasttx k readme txtsetup oem to make a floppy to get windows xp going after it prompts you to Installing windows xp on a raid0 array press f to load third party drivers nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

My motherboard fail a while ago, after 4 years, it time to change.
But my data was on 2 sata 80G RAID0 drives.

How can i retrieve my data?

Option 1: Buy the same motherboard.

Mine was a P4P800-E Deluxe not easy to find after 4 years and pricey too. Not as simple as it look, i have to reconfigure the raid controller to the same config as before.

Option 2: find a Raid recovery software.

I found a software: Raid reconstructor that work with Getdataback. You plug bolt drive in the computer (no raid controller)the software do the rest. I was able to recover all my data from the Raid it was easy and painless.

Note: my drives did not fail, Data was not corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid0-succesfull-data-recovery.134401/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all I'm showing an error in my Raid configuration although windows is working properly and from what i see i can access all my data But I think its time to move the install to a normal drive and i used a ghosting tool to clone the partitions to a new drive All went fine I rebooted and had to run windows Migration from to Raid0 drive normal repair from the original DVD to fix Migration from Raid0 to normal drive the bootmgr exe missing file Again all went well and got all working on the new disk However now the clone requires 'activation' within days and when i try it tells me i can't because its and 'upgrade' which it is and that i need a new key which i don't at hefty price tag Is there a way to fix this without buying a new 'stand alone version' of windows i have the original disk including the key and its windows ultimate upgrade bit I'm very frustrated since it has taken me more than hours to complete the cloning after getting access to the disks so any advice is most welcome

A:Migration from Raid0 to normal drive

You could try doing a Complete New install Over the TOP of your current install.

Look in the Tutorials for this forum.
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269437-migration-raid0-normal-drive.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I want to buy an ultrabook, but it has a 512gb SSD with raid0. I would like to remove this and replace it with a 750gb or 1tb 2-1/2 HDD.

If I make an image of the SSD and put it on the HDD (or clone the SSD to the HDD) will the raid configuration -- which I won't need on the HDD -- cause me some problems?

If so, can some suggest the best course of action to achieve what I want?

A:Can i replace SSD (raid0) with regular HDD in ultrabook?

Hi DocTerry,

Be very careful here. Since you didn't give the specific model number of the laptop in question, there is little to go on; however, I hope you understaand that attempting such a drastic change would instantly void all warranty support. And, I'm thinking the complications of attempting such a thing, without a vast knowledge of the processes involved, you are only headed for big trouble here. Moreover, you are going to take a huge performance hit here by making such a modification so why not leave everything "as-is" and buy yourself a nice external USB drive for that extra storage.

but it has a 512gb SSD

Are you sure it doesn't have a 2x256MB SSD arrangement?

I'd just leave it alone until "after" the warranty period expires. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34371-can-i-replace-ssd-raid0-regular-hdd-ultrabook.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
i have taken off the two HHD from my 6 Tera External ( WD ),
put them to my computer but they didn't work, then immediately
i returned them back to the external unit, but the RAID0 was corrupted
& it's didn't work, i don't care about it but the DATA inside it.

I used Data Recovery program it recovered the data tree,
but when i recovered the data mostly videos with their right size,
but one i opened more than 10 files none of them worked.

Do you know any good program or a good way to restore my data?

A:How to recover data from corrupted Raid0?!

Quote: Originally Posted by DaYiM

Hello,
i have taken off the two HHD from my 6 Tera External ( WD ),
put them to my computer but they didn't work, then immediately
i returned them back to the external unit, but the RAID0 was corrupted
& it's didn't work, i don't care about it but the DATA inside it.

I used Data Recovery program it recovered the data tree,
but when i recovered the data mostly videos with their right size,
but one i opened more than 10 files none of them worked.

Do you know any good program or a good way to restore my data?

You had (2) 3 terabyte drives and you put them in your computer. After installing them in your PC did you go to your bios and define the raid volume of those two drives?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/247477-how-recover-data-corrupted-raid0.html
Relevancy 39.99%

ooook where to begin First off I ll tell you what I m working with Intel D PBL mobo HT processor GB OCZ Platinum DDR PC- memory Intel mobo... Pro RAID0 up with on Setting XP XFX gt Setting up RAID0 with XP Pro on Intel mobo... video card GB Western Digital K RPM Raptors and Ultra Products Power supply Going into BIOS I enabled RAID saved rebooted hit control-i to enter the RAID configuration utility and created a RAID set using of both HD s That was all fine and dandy but then came the XP setup I loaded the SCSI drivers fine and the setup saw the RAID array and I chose to format it with the NTSF format This is where my problems began It was taking a rediculously long amount of time to format the drives but I never setup RAID so I figured quot what the hey quot and just left it running I went to clean house a little have dinner talk to the wife about her day and it was still formating I think it was about at the time Well over an hour had passed I figured that progress was progress so I just let it go and another hour passed and it was obviously stuck on Having lost all patience I decided to reboot the computer and try again The RAID config utility came up and noted that the RAID set had failed so I removed it and tried to re-create it However it wouldn t let me create it because the disks were different sizes now I quit the utility and went into BIOS and the drive on SATA controller is being read at full capacity BUT the drive on controller is just being read as an GB drive I have done some searching on the net and found out that there was an option on the config utility that would allow you to reverse the changes made to the drives in the RAID setup that I would love to try out HOWEVER being that something is hosed with the drives I cannot get back to the config utility Everytime I boot the you can hear the head searching the hard drives over and over and over until BIOS finally pops up a error message I then have to go into BIOS setup but there isn t a thing I can change that would do any good so I exit on and the config utility prompt never appears So does anyone have any idea to clear the drives from whatever the RAID setup has done to try from scratch again XP obviously isn t installed on it yet so I don t have any data to lose Does anyone have any clues as to why my computer would be dragging on so slowly It makes no sense to me Everything is brand-spanking-new Yes I installed everything myself but I don t know of anything I could have done to hose it so badly At this point I m going CRAZY I ve never had problems like this with my AMD products Any ideas would be greatful Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

So my boot.ini got changed on a RAID0 setup.
First, if I load off the XP CD, go to recovery console, load up the raid drivers and run fixboot that will work right? Loading the RAID drivers before going into recovery concole will let me see the raided drives? if so, thats good, cept I dont have a floppy drive or any floppys near me

second, i got Arconis Disk Director loaded, it sees the RAID0 drives and all the files on them but it doesnt have any form of explorer or an editor.

Is there a PE program out there that will work with RAID0? I trie Ubuntu but it doenst work

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 39.99%

I have 2 Maxtor +40 ata/100 7200rpm 20 gig drives connected to an Abit HotRod/100 card set to Raid0.
Post your benchmarks to compare.
http://www.geocities.com/ronk1ca/

[This message has been edited by RonK (edited 10-02-2000).]

A:Hard drive, Raid0 Benchmarks

Ok pretty impressive My old IBM 15 gig will never keep up. But then again after several years of upgrading changing parts so much I bought a case without bolts for the side covers. I have finally added something to my computer worth bragging about

New case

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-raid0-benchmarks.33940/
Relevancy 39.99%

I've tried everything Stress Prime D Mark Memtest can't get Memtest to work Windows error-checking and so forth I can't pinpoint why my machine randomly freezes All I hear is my harddrive 'slowdown' and then a momentary - second freeze then I'm fine again for hours and hours and hours I downloaded Western Digital's tools from Non-RAID Cloning to without loss RAID0 to inspec my harddrive's current status but I have old Cloning from RAID0 to Non-RAID without loss Raptors in RAID and the tools say SMART isn't enabled and cannot test Cloning from RAID0 to Non-RAID without loss for problems I'm forced to assume the problem is my drives I want to move from my old GB s MB cache Raptors to a single GB s MB Raptor I figure just clone my Windows installation plug Cloning from RAID0 to Non-RAID without loss in the new drive copy the clone over plug the new drive in as first and change from SATA in the BIOS and I'll be good to go Has anyone tried this Any thoughts on how much I'll be losing from RAID to non-raid even with the improved drive Any dos and don'ts Thank you

A:Cloning from RAID0 to Non-RAID without loss

Well, first of all, you will lose some speed with a single Drive over the Raid 0. The Raid 0 setup can cause you to lose your data if one drive goes bad, so that is something to think about in this scenario.

I would put the extra Sata in there and use XXClone to move things over and then you can continue to research what might be wrong with the Raid Array.

If you wish to do that:

XXClone and if you need any information about this program then read the
XXclone Tutorial

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cloning-from-raid0-to-non-raid-without-loss-292133.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I think my western digital enclosure is malfunctioning and causing my raid drives not to perform properly I m trying to recover the data from the drives studio drive RAID0 from salvaging WD but can t figure out how to get my computer to read them as a single drive again when I plug them directly into my PC via sata cables I have r-studio raid reconstructor and DMDE but don salvaging RAID0 from WD studio drive t understand enough about what parameters to use in order to create the proper image when salvaging RAID0 from WD studio drive I plug the drives in disk manager shows one drive with a partition and the other as not initialized which I ve heard is pretty normal I ve done all kinds of data recovery before but just don t understand this raid setup enough to figure this out on my salvaging RAID0 from WD studio drive own please help and yes I will be avoiding a raid configuration in the future if possible I didn t even realize It was set up as a raid until this issue happened and someone explained it to me nbsp

A:salvaging RAID0 from WD studio drive

Closing duplicate too: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1111030-finding-raid-0-parameters-recovery.html

But your best best is to buy another identical unit and swap the drives into it.

Although the true best way to have prevented this would have been to actually have backups of the data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/salvaging-raid0-from-wd-studio-drive.1111137/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a RAID0 set.  My wish is to stop using it.  Don't need 2 tb of space. It was originally just a test for performance comparison.  Using Windows System Backup all partitions were backed up and a restore disc created.   My question is whether a restore can be done on a non-Raid drive?  Since this is not a clone image the drive size can be different, but does the fact that it is from a raid drive set make a difference.  I will be using one of the Raid drives so there will be no turning back.  The backup contains Windows 7 RC 32 bit, Windows 7 RC 64 bit and a data partition, plus the little partition that is made at install of Windows 7. JB

A:Using Windows restore from Raid0 to non-Raid

Hi,
If we directly restore the system from the backup image by using the restore from image function after start in Win RE with a startup disk, the new system would not work because the hard drive has been changed and the system will not be able to find the hard drive from Registry when startup. Such as when we use a standard IDE\ATA hard disk, if we change the transfer mode from Standard IDE to AHCI, the system will not be able to start. The system needs to be reinstalled.
Therefore, the suggestion in my previous thread can help you to find out data from the image backup after you clean-install a new system after remove RAID.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/235c664a-c2e0-4f82-9412-e0d4b57d883e/using-windows-restore-from-raid0-to-nonraid?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

I have 2 SSD's (both samsung pro series) 128GB and 256GB and I run them in RAID0 through the onboard raid controller (ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3).
Now my problem is that when I go to my computer and chek the total GB storage it shows that I have 223GB in total. This would mean that I lost around 150GB of storage.
How does this work? And, is there anything I can do about it?

-Cheers

A:2 SSD's in RAID0 lost 150ish GB storage. How come?

Welcome to the forum.

When you create a RAID 0 array with different size disks, its size will be twice the size of the smallest disk.

The smallest disk is the 128GB which is really only about 111.5 GB in Binary measure hence the total size shown as 223.GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341024-2-ssds-raid0-lost-150ish-gb-storage-how-come.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have a system running Win XP Pro Sp with Re-Size partition? RAID0 clusters on RAID on drives and non-RAID on another drive I have my OS on the first RAID partition As far as I know Re-Size clusters on RAID0 partition? the cluster size is still default which I believe is K for NTFS Would i benefit by changing the cluster size for the system drive to K If the answer is yes is there a way to do this without having to reformat the volume and re-install the OS I have Partition Magic but it will not work on RAID volumes It does not appear that Symantec has a newer version of PM If I do need to reformat and re-install would having a complete backup of the system drive help Would restoring the backup onto the fresh install with larger cluster size produce any issues One reason I thought about resizing the cluster size is that I have already done it on other volumes in the RAID system and find that I have much less fragmentation according to Diskeeper Pro It would make sense that larger clusters will be more efficient for large files but I am not sure about the effect on the system volume I appreciate any advice help FW nbsp

A:Re-Size clusters on RAID0 partition?

I'm just answering this part:

would having a complete backup of the system drive help? Would restoring the backup onto the fresh install with larger cluster size produce any issues?Click to expand...

Always best to make backups (all support will recommend this as number 1)
Restoring will Not be an issue. Especially if backups made on say DVD Media (actually any external media!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-size-clusters-on-raid0-partition.113787/
Relevancy 39.99%

Initial Recommendation Get yourself a beverage of choice beer coffee tea and settle in for a minute read If it only takes you minutes to read this read it again four times At any rate if your drinking beer which I am it is probably best to read extra slow and have a couple My goal here isn t to show off and say quot They said SSDs Windows install How to with RAID0 7 on it How to install Windows 7 on RAID0 with SSDs couldn t be done quot instead it is to share some wisdom in the hope of helping others Background Social I decided to create this post because I read heard quot RAID with SSDs why would you want to do that SSDs are fast enough without RAID quot and my counter thought has been and remains quot I want to setup RAID with SSDs simply because I can quot Background Technological I have setup RAID with x Samsung SSD Gb drives installed Windows onto those drives after partitioning the drive space into Win Ubuntu Data and am using my Workstation for the purposes of Document Graphic Web Design and just about anything else that crosses my radar whilst I am at my core tasks Hardware Specifications I am not going to bore you with every intricate detail of my setup However the crux of using SSDs in RAID is having a RAID chipset that supports TRIM To the best of my knowledge TRIM and RAID have only been supported with Intel Chipsets over the last year or so I performed quite a bit of research before deciding on the motherboard that I would use and prior to purchasing the motherboard I read that you need a Z quot or higher quot chipset in order to perform the task Ultimately I decided on a Gigabyte X -UP motherboard and it has done a fine job with SSDs in RAID Biting off more than you can chew I came up short and ran into a host of issues simply because I tried to do too much all at once For the first time in my life I had the opportunity to build a computer that exceeded my wildest dreams Not only does it have a great processor and an outstanding FSB front side bus but it also looks cool These facts amongst others went to my head and my response at the time was I will try quot X quot quot Y quot and quot Z quot all at once Consideration RAM Voltage My quot X quot although essentially a side consideration without some thought will doom your efforts High end motherboards which is to say motherboards that support both RAID and TRIM generally have the ability to facilitate very good RAM In my case I chose to invest in Gigs of PC RAM and whilst good RAM is not in any way crucial to the SSD RAID arrangement the lines do get quot blurred quot In my case the RAM explicitly required Volts and unfortunately my motherboard was automatically supplying Volts It was doing this even when I enabled XMP Extreme Memory Profile and whilst the clock speed of the RAM was increased from MHz to MHz the required voltage was not What this meant is that my system was simply unstable Whist I was able to install Windows with the Volt setting I was unable to get the system stable Instead it was constantly rebooting amp giving me the BSOD After talking with a friend Joe B you know who you are he suggested that the voltage on my RAM needed to be increased and he was spot on thanks again mate Consideration SSD Firmware My quot Y quot I didn t give enough consideration to the SSD firmware I found out the hard way after building my array installing Windows and programs that I simply could not trust the drives to have the most up to date firmware thanks Nat for pointing this out The end result is that I had to break my array reformat my drives and then run the required software in order to determine the firmware version Whilst I discovered that I have the most recent firmware as of posting this thread and that no updates were required I would have preferred to discover this two days before hand Long and short - check your SSD firmware use a separate system external drive bay external hard drive enclosure or whatever it takes to do so If your SSD firmware is not the... Read more

A:How to install Windows 7 on RAID0 with SSDs

Ammendments

a). Steps 1 to 3 above require the use of a secondary computer
b). Step 4 should be ammended to Step 8 when considering the additional instructions provided below
c). Extra Instructions -

4). Boot your computer and enter the BIOS (refer to your motherboard manual)
5). Set "IDE Mode" to RAID (refer to your motherboard manual)
6). Reboot your computer and enter the RAID utility (refer to your motherboard manual)
7). Create your RAID array (refer to your motherboard manual - leave stripe size at 128K)
8). Reoot your computer and install Windows 7 from the USB stick (created in Step 3).

When I first created these instructions I was working from the assumption that the person following them would have some RAID experience on standard mechanical drives, but as this may not always be the case please take the extended instructions (above) into consideration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-install-windows-7-on-raid0-with-ssds.1079870/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have a Dell which has Gb Samsung SATA drives of which is showing up as Error Occurred even after I ran HDD Regenerator that found and recovered bad sector There is an earlier thread on here quot quot t- -RAID- -Failure html quot where Rick says quot quot You a Failed RAID0 Disk in array can safely delete an array how your data looks to the controller without deleting the Failed Disk in a RAID0 array data Failed Disk in a RAID0 array on the drives Your data on the physical drives Once you create a new array using the drives and the same parameters as the original array the controller should use your existing data as the array Everything should be back to normal now quot quot After a couple of days research this is the only post I have found that gives me some hope I have Failed Disk in a RAID0 array a couple of questions What is the likelyhood that this will work Anything else I could should try first I assume that this a potentially destructive operation is it worth my while taking images of the disks in their current state before trying it Where can I find the parameters of the original array Many thanks Steve nbsp

A:Failed Disk in a RAID0 array

If the system still runs (which i doubt), get immediate backups of the user data.

Raid-0 is a nightmare for just these reasons. Even MS suggests that the OS not
be on a RAID-0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-disk-in-a-raid0-array.120348/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I hope it's good forum for my problem I've just bought two new TB HDDs Now I have x in RAID so I tried to make another RAID array with x TB to copy my data and sell old drives Unfortunately my motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA T-UD rev doesn't support such big drives - in BIOS making 2x3TB RAID0 Problems with each drive is recognized as GB I suppose that without hardware update I can only make software array I tried to make it by diskpart but I got an error Selected disk is not dynamic disk Set disk as dynamic and try Problems with making 2x3TB RAID0 again So I tried convert it to dynamic but i got another error Dynamic disks are not supported by this operating system or server configuration Dynamic disks are not supported on clusters I can't find any solution in Google Can you help me with this issue I want to make stripped array and have one TB partition to keep my data My new drives are WD Green WD EZRX and the System is Windows Ultimate SP Regards Paluch

A:Problems with making 2x3TB RAID0

The disks are probably in MBR. Set then to GPT and try again. MBR support only a max of 2.2GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364541-problems-making-2x3tb-raid0.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Asus P4P800 SE motherboard set with 2 seagate 120 Sata drives set to Raid0 that I was booting from. Now I am unable to get the pc to boot. I also have 2 other 200 MB drives on the pc that are data only drives.
The raid shows as bootable, but it will not boot. When I run something like Maxblast it sees the drive with the correctt size, but says it's not bootable.

The other two drives were already in the pc when I set the raid up. They are Maxtor IDE drives.

It's like it's not seeing the raid at all now even though the motherboard says it's bootable.

Oh and it's giving me an error of "file is missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system"

Any ideas?

Relevancy 39.99%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation OEMD XWT G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I am currently running Windows XP SP on a Running Raid0 HD; W/Added Sys OS Install Gateway FX X with and Intel MotherBoard with Raid Controller OS Install W/Added HD; Sys Running Raid0 two Raid GB HDs and Raid member WD Passport HD One of the GB HDs may be failing so I thought it a good time to replace it and upgrade to Windows I purchased a GB SATA HD and will install the new OS on it My plan is as follows o Disconnect the WD Passport o Reboot enter Raid configuation and delete Raid Volume leaving configuation in Raid mode o Power off and disconnect existing HD s o Power on and Install new SATA HD o Install new OS from CD DVD Drive update Drivers o Power off and reconnect existing drives o Power on enter BIOS change boot drive to new OS At this point I freeze I know just enough about computer technology to get myself in a ton of trouble I can t bring myself to start the process without confirmation or additional assistance from someone more experienced Will the above plan work Is there a simpler or better way And how do I or should I recreate the Raid Help would be appreciated jaber Rick nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I recently encountered some signs that one of the harddrives in my RAID0 array is failing and I was wondering if I can clone a RAID0 array to a single HD using Acronis True Image. I tried doing this once before but the OS files were corrupted and none of my drives would load the OS after the cloning attempt so I'm not sure if that was a fluke or possibly the result of trying to clone a RAID array onto a single HD. If it matters the RAID array is two 250GB HDs (only 160Gb used), my backup drive is a single 250GB HD, and I'm running Win7 64-bit. Should I attempt to clone my RAID array or should I just transfer over my important files and forget about cloning?

A:Clone RAID0 array to single HDD

I have successfully cloned a RAID0 array to a single drive over my home network using Acronis. I think you should be able to clone your RAID0 array to another hard drive on your machine with that software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clone-raid0-array-to-single-hdd.176110/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just bought a refurb Dell XPS w Q running Vista Home Premium x and downloaded installed an activated version of Win Ult x on an GB SSD Sata I bought for it dual booted w Vista x on old hard drive Sata W x was running stable and instantly fast I wanted to enable RAID on RAID0 no enabling after BIOS boot the old hard drive Sata and another new hard drive Sata no boot after enabling BIOS RAID0 I entered Intel Maxtrix Storage Manager Ctrl-I creating a RAID volume on Sata and Sata After reboot it says quot No boot device available quot after BOIS screen My subsequent boot attempts include roughly in order disable RAID volume boot to Sata disable Sata and Sata boot to Sata disable Sata boot to CD DVD-drive W install boot disable CD DVD-drive boot to USB flash W install boot I have done some digging around and cannot seem to find a solution I have the use of my notebook w broken DVD burner still reads running Win Ult x so apparently no boot after enabling BIOS RAID0 I cannot make my USB flash drive no boot after enabling BIOS RAID0 x bootable from what I've read I also have -USB hard drives GB and an eSata x docking station available but no eSata on notebook Hope I gave enough info for someone to come up with an easy fix If I could boot to the W x install DVD that I made with the non-booting PC I would have just done a clean install by now but it refuses to boot to the CD DVD drive It actually wouldn't even boot to DVD to install W x in the first place I had to install from Vista Also I do not have a Vista x install disk either Thanks in advance to anybody would can help

A:no boot after enabling BIOS RAID0

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

You should be able to create a bootable USB for a 64-bit install using a 32-bit OS. Some users report challenges, but I suspect PEBKAC.

I believe that you stepped on your boot files on SATA0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/28876-no-boot-after-enabling-bios-raid0.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys,

I have a Windows 7 ultimate on HD1 and had created a system image on HD2 as well as a repair cd. HD1 and HD2 are configured as Raid0. I just purchased a new and larger capacity HD to replace HD1.

After I swapped out original HD1 with the new HD1 and booted off the repair cd which I had created. Unfortunately, because HD2 is part of the RAID 0 with the original HD1, I am unable to allow restore to browse to that drive to obtain the image.

What should I do - remove the 2nd hd, insert the new HD as HD2 and see if I can create another system image onto HD2 (non-raided)? What would be your strategy in getting the windows 7 to be transferred onto the new HD. I do not have any installation CD.

Thanks.

KammaK

A:Restoring system image from HD2 Raid0 to new HD1

Curious: What is the purpose of having RAID for redundancy if you're making Drive images anyway?

Backup in real time? Performance?

I only know about RAID from the problems reported every day with Win7 installs, so wonder why anyone would bother.

How did you install it exactly?

Have you tried cloning for your solution here? Acronis is good. HD makers have free versions for download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/50990-restoring-system-image-hd2-raid0-new-hd1.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I ve decided against using raid because of the small performance gain relative to the decrease of data integrity especially using the onboard raid controller so I m wondering the best for set is speediest the 3 without raid0 what hard up drives, using way to set up my SATA drives I have x GB SATA II rpm mb cache seagate barricudas I would like videos and music to be on one drive So one drive would be approx GB video and GB music I was thinking to format these partitions with cluster sizes of kb for the video one and kb for the music one - is this advisable Other things I want to have what is the speediest set up for 3 hard drives, without using raid0 are a partition for Games a what is the speediest set up for 3 hard drives, without using raid0 partition for temporary files and web cache a partition for documents work and a partition for backup images How best can I achieve this with the remaining two disks and what cluster sizes should I be using i know for the backup partition i ll be using kb to allow for file compression Also can you please include where on the drive the partition should be middle beginning end For example for the video music drive I ll have the video partition in the beginning of the drive and the music partition after because the sequential read speed for videos is more important and this speed is higher at the beginning of the disk Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I just changed my system from 2 SSD's in RAID0 (Samsung 830 Series 256MB each) to a single SSD (Samsung 840 Pro 512MB). The reason I changed it is mainly because I need to encrypt the whole volume with Truecrypt which does not support RAID.
I measured the performance in both configurations, here are the results:

So what do these results say? I can't seem to tell the difference, I tried different applications and they open almost instantly in both cases. Boot time seems a bit faster with the single SSD (I guess that's because of the software RAID initializing at startup?).

A:Single SSD or two SSD's in RAID0?/Benchmark results

Quote: Originally Posted by antares

...Boot time seems a bit faster with the single SSD (I guess that's because of the software RAID initializing at startup?).

Most likely. Many people don't realize that, despite impressive bench results, in real life, there is little to be gained when putting newer SSDs into RAID 0. Add to that reduced reliability; if one SSD dies, the whole array is lost and, since there is more than one SDD, the chance of failure increases with each added SSD. Still, I see people wanting to put several SSDs into RAID 0.

RAID 0 made sense with slower spinners; the delay caused by the RAID initializing was negligible compared to the overall gain. SSDs, however, are so fast, any gain in speed will be smaller since the overhead delay stays the same and will offset a larger percentage of any gain from the RAID.

Keep in mind a faster boot drive will decrease only boot time and program loading. If you have a program that takes one or two seconds to load with one SSD, cutting that down to 1/2 to one second just isn't going to be particularly noticeable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/306548-single-ssd-two-ssds-raid0-benchmark-results.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I'm Restoring array windows RAID0 new 7 a onto attempting my first RAID setup I have an OEM version of windows on one of my SSDs and I just bought another identical SSD vertex GB to try and put them in a RAID array I have created the RAID array in my ASUS motherboard's BIOS settings I then boot Windows from the disk and go to the repair section I ask it to restore my system image and I'm told that in order to do so I will have to exactly copy the partition that was on my old SSD which was only GB compared to my new GB RAID array I go ahead with that and the result is that I have my Windows loaded but it only has GB in it's partition Not only that but I can't even tell if my RAID configuration has worked for that GB that I can see What I have tried When I go to My Computer gt Computer Management gt Disk Management I can see my GB drive but it appears to be partitioned into MB of quot System Reserved quot like my old windows GB of my restored C drive and GB of unallocated space I managed to get the unallocated space to be a new drive called F but I was hoping that my C drive could simply have GB So how can I tell if my drive is in a RAID configuration from within Windows bit and if so can I join these drives back together Thanks very much for your time

A:Restoring windows 7 onto a new RAID0 array

Hi,

A few questions:

1. When you boot, does the BIOS POST show the controller in use is a RAID controller, as opposed to AHCI or IDE?
2. Please post a screen capture image of your disk management window.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/251626-restoring-windows-7-onto-new-raid0-array.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi
got two HD's running in raid 0, one keeps coming up with error messages but PC still starts up although slower and with error. Before it crashes want to replace the faulty one. Can I do that without disrupting or losing the original setup.

- have now 25% used of both disks (2x 500gb)
- tried to identify disk to move data from the faulty one but can only see one volume

System original set up is on one of the hd's and can get it to rebuild to original version (hoping its not on the faulty one)
appreciate your help!
JB

A:how to replace 1 errored raid0 disk

A RAID 0 configuration is designed for performance with data being written across all drives. However, the risk of data loss doubles since the array relies on the simultaneous functioning of both drives. You can't "rebuild" a RAID 0 array with a failed drive. You'll need to recover from backup. And I would suggest not using RAID 0 again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-replace-1-errored-raid0-disk.970924/
Relevancy 39.56%

First time setting up raid0, have read some of the other posts on this board and just wanted some clarification.

Im installing win7 for the first time. I want to set it up in a raid0 config.
does it matter whether I use the 64 or 32bit discs? to my understanding the 64bit allows me to use more ram in the future, is that correct?

so should go with that?

also, have seen several posts saying that win7 has the necessary drivers and I don't need to download them separately. Confirm/deny ?

many thanks

also - the drivers that Im supposed to download they are for the mobo correct? not the video card?

this is my mobo

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

so I should download v1.16? 2007 doesn't seem very recent to me.

A:Noob needs some basic Raid0 Questions answered

Basically yes.

You may need to download from Asus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/53295-noob-needs-some-basic-raid0-questions-answered.html
Relevancy 39.56%

This is crazy, and never heard of. I always thought that RAID 0 configuration is possible using two identical physical drives. I bought this Sony Laptop. If you go down to the Hard Drive Storage section you see you can customize it with four different options. I chose the 1st one (750GB mechanical drive). However you can see that the last two options involve RAID 0 (128x2 or 256x2). I was wondering where to install the 2nd drive as there is only a single drive compartment with a single SATA ribbon connector when you remove the back cover. I called Sony Tech Support and this is what they said: "You can only physically install a single SSD. The RAID 0 options involve a single physical SSD that inside has two chipsets in RAID 0, in other words, it's a single physical SSD that acts as two drives". Of course I never heard of this, does this exist?

A:Single physical SSD acting as two drives in RAID0???

I have never heard of that. But, is it possible, probably. A Revo Drive is a desktop SSD that uses a PCIe port, but is actually 3 drives in Raid 0. So, while I have never heard of it, I would imagine if they can do that with a PCIe drive, it could be done with an SSD. But, I have never seen one for sale or advertised. I wish he had have given a link to some data on it.

That is unless he was talking about a hybrid hard drive similar to the Seagate momentus, which is a regular hard drive with a small SSD in it to boost the hard drive speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268539-single-physical-ssd-acting-two-drives-raid0.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all,

I have two 160gb Samsung Spinpoint hard discs in a Raid0 array, they used to be in a Raid1 array (therefore having a total storge capacity of 160gb) but since then I have migrated to Raid0.

But, i'm still left with a 160gb Raid0 array since the migration (with 160gb of available space on the array).

Anyone know how to resize my Raid0 partition?

PC Specs are as follows:

Asus P5K Premium
Intel Q6600
4 x 1GB DDR800
Samsung 160GB Spinpoint NCQ HDDs

Cheers!

Alex

A:Resizing Raid0 array - Intel Matrix

Are you left with a 160GB array or a 160GB logical drive or a 160GB partition? This is very important.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resizing-raid0-array-intel-matrix.92766/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone I have been running my Windows system in Raid with two Intel SSD's I recently purchased a new Intel SSD and want drive over Cannot after Raid0 copying to boot get SSD from single OS to go back to running the Cannot get single SSD drive to boot after copying over OS from Raid0 single drive as I have plans for the other two SS drives I used the Intel cloning feature and it said successful change over your drives and reboot This is when the problems began I physically disabled the two Raid drives hooked up the single drive restarted the computer went into the BIOS and changed the boot order to the new drive switched it from Raid to AHCI mode The system gets as far as the Windows logo then reboots I've gone back into the BIOS several times trying different things hoping to figure out what setting is not correct I wasn't sure if I was suppose to make the changes via CTRL -I and set the drives back to non-raid through there and or in the BIOS I read something about not having any other hard drives Cannot get single SSD drive to boot after copying over OS from Raid0 hooked up as the system would put the boot files on there Wasn't sure of what that meant but I did have a regular HDD hooked up when I did the cloning process if that helps for information Any ideas as to what steps I might be doing in the wrong order I have since put everything back to the original state so I can use my system Thanks in advance

A:Cannot get single SSD drive to boot after copying over OS from Raid0

Mark Active the Win7 partition or it's 100 mb System Reserved partition if you have it: Partition - Mark as Active (Method Two)

Then boot into System Recovery Options on Win7 DVD or System Repair Disk to run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

You can also mark Active while seeing a picture of your HD using free Partition Wizard bootable CD to right click on Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved partition, select Modify>Set to Active, OK.

Then click on Disk # to highlight it, from Disk tab select Rebuild MBR, Apply, reboot. This may preclude the need to run Startup Repair 3 times to repair or rewrite the System boot files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/221567-cannot-get-single-ssd-drive-boot-after-copying-over-os-raid0.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Okay, I set up a RAID0 array with two different sized Hard Drives..and 160GB(master) and an 80GB (Slave)...and it works fairly well...however my total capacity is only about 160GB...what happened to the other 80GB?

I'm assuming the array is using all of the 80GB drive and only half of the 160GB drive...is there a way to get the remaining 80GB and partition it for use as storage or something?

Also, my Lexar 512MB JumpDrive is formatted with the FAT filesystem...should I change that to FAT 32 or NTFS?

A:RAID0 with two different sized drives...and JumpDrive Filesystem...

You wouldn't have that problem is you used two exact drives. You've set it up with two different drives so the controller has defaulted to the smallest of the two (not to mention the slowest).

RAID should be used on identical drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid0-with-two-different-sized-drives-and-jumpdrive-filesystem.33677/
Relevancy 39.56%

My PC was working fine Then I got Antispyware Soft or some crap like that It blocked all exe files so my raid0. How accident to I MBR cleared save on data? by first move was to boot in to safe mode and do a little cleaning with task manager and regedit I restarted my PC and it hanged on Verifying DMI Pool Data I tried everything I removed all peripherals then all memory modules except one then I removed that one and put one of the others inside then removed all PCI cards then removed hard drives Nothing helped Then I went to Nvidia Raid setup thinking that something happened there and I cleared MBR by accident Now I am freaking out I don't know what to do I managed to boot in to windows from other computer's HDD it worked flawlessly and only thing I saw was TB of data that is unallocated I have no idea how to fix this I am on the verge of shooting myself I have more than years of graphic design there Please Help

A:I cleared MBR by accident on raid0. How to save data?

You can try using recovery software to get the data back. Depending on how badly you messed up, it may not work but it's worth a shot.

EASEUS Free data recovery software to recover deleted files. The undelete & unformat freeware to recover formatted, corrupted hard drive partition data.

NTFS.com File System Structure, Recovery Software, Hard Disk Internals.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm

|MG| Restoration 2.5.14 Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84815-i-cleared-mbr-accident-raid0-how-save-data.html