Windows Support Forum

Windows XP - network problems.

Q: Windows XP - network problems.

Hi My dad has recently taken to working from home but his laptop struggles to connect to the WiFi but it s ludicrously slow He needs to use the wireless printer and so I told him download the drivers for it it s a HP Photosmart C The download speed was sitting at around Kbps which is ridiculous I suggested connecting it with an Ethernet cable directly from the router It says it connected but it wont connect to the internet there aren t any packets of data being received so I ran an ipconfig test I ll put the results below I network - Windows problems. XP ve tried it on two diffrent router each one is the same Not too sure what to do I don t use XP so don t really know my Windows XP - network problems. way around and its not my laptop so I Windows XP - network problems. don t know who s done what to it He s blaming it on me fiddling with the printer Cheers for any help Ipconfig results Windows XP - network problems. with WiFi disabled and connect via Ethernet cable Windows IP configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Conection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows XP - network problems.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows XP - network problems.

So far so good. you should be able to ping these:
ping 10.221.35.1​ping 8.8.8.8​then try
ping google.com​
please report ipconfig /all results too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-network-problems.192830/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi

I hope I can get some help here. I don't want to sound stupid but I have just installed two win7 home computers and set up the home network, All seems fine untill I try to transfer files from computer a to b and the message says I need the administrators permission. Now i can transfer from b to a with no problems. I have dissabled all passwords and enabled all file sharing and all is visible within the network but still only one way traffic, both users are administrators. this has me a little flumoxed as I was just starting to think microsoft had resolved the XP problems.
If anyone has a fix I would be very greatfull

A:Windows 7 network problems

Have you checked the NTFS permissions on the folders, also did you share the particular folder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-network-problems.163279/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi

Let me explain my problem.

About 2 days ago my brother found my computer on the network. He is using Vista. Now he cant. Ive tried everything:

Ive tried:
-Pinging, network searching
-Update my network drivers
-Uninstalling and reinstalling my network drivers
-Configured my network&sharecenter
-The network does not ask for password
-We are both in the same workgroup
-He has no password protection
-Both has no firewall
-Tried switching workgroup
-Looked up common problems (bonjour), didnt give any results...
-Tried with both firewall and without
-Pulling the cords and inserting them again
-Installed and uninstalled network protokolls (ipv6, lltd and so on, all are active again)
-We both can surf the net as usual
-Tried switching from home network to workplace network

Im thinking it might be our modem... (it has a built in router)

A:Windows 7 64x Network Problems

Welcome to Seven Forums!

You have quite a list of items you've checked but we don't know enough about what parameters you've set. We'll need a bit more detail in order to help.

For example, you say you've done pings. Were they successful? You say you configured Network and Sharing. How? What settings did you enable/disable?

What modem/router do you have? What make and model and what version of firmware is in it?

What network protocols are currently installed on each machine. A screen shot of the adapter properties would help.

Are these PC both wired to the router or wireless?

What brand and model network adapters are in the W7 PC? What version drivers are installed?

I know that's a hefty list of questions, but it's important that we know what the state of your network is at this moment in order to figure out where the problem may be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62489-windows-7-64x-network-problems.html
Relevancy 42.57%

moved to networking section

new thread : http://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/resolved-windows-xp-networking-problems-157915.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-network-problems-157911.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi yall, I am attempting to set up an ICS on my home network. The host computer's OS is Windows 7 but the rest of the computer's OS's are Windows XP. I have an USB modem through Verizon that I use to connect to the internet as there is no better way to connect where I live.

I have tried setting up ICS on the host machine and I am unable to get it to share the connection with the rest of the computers on the network. I can get file sharing and everything else I can think of to work but not ICS. I have tried searching through other forum posts on the same topic but cannot resolve my problem not matter what I try. If you guys have any ideas that might help please enlighten me. I thank you all in advance for your assistance.

A:Problems with ICS on a Windows 7/XP network

I'm sure you have already tried using this setting to enable ICS? Right click on the adaptor then choose properties then sharing. Put a check then hit OK to enable ICS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54254-problems-ics-windows-7-xp-network.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I know you probably get this a lot on this forum but I am very desperate now and really need help any help will x64 Problems Network Windows 7 be greatly greatly appreciated I upgraded windows x from windows vista x on the day of the Windows release and have Network Problems Windows 7 x64 had the problem since Heres my problem My internet connection keeps going after a while of using the internet it will say 'no internet access' and if I try and share or sue the network It will say 'No network access' However when this happens it prevents me from shutting down also i will got os htu down and will go onto the shut down screen saying 'Shutting Down' but will hang there for about mins - an hour at whcih point it will blue screena nd say somethign along the lines of quot Critical Driver Failure quot When I installed windows these are the drivers it installed automatically I have tried visiting my manufacturers website I have tried visiting the network manufacturers website If I go into my 'Device Manager' It will tell me my network card is manufactured by azure wave technologies but my drivers are provided by Ralink so I went to both Ralink and AzureWave websites and there is no driver for my card not even for vista or anywhere My PC is a 'Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi ' and my network card is WLAN AW-NU There is no mention of this card on the AzureWave website In device manager it is named the standard ' n g b Wireless LAN USB Adapter' It works when I wire my PC up and when I bridge a connection through a laptop but for some reason when the internet fails I don't seem to be able to use my Ipod Touch properly either on Itunes I cannot disable the device when it has lost its connection as it will crash 'windows explorer' when I try I have searched everywhere for a solution I have tried everything I can possible think of Please someone help Im sorry this is so long I am just really desperate Ive had to endure months of constant drop outs Kind Regards Almighty

A:Network Problems Windows 7 x64

Hi Almighty1, welcome to the SF.

Normally when installing another version of Windows, regardless if it has Update or not. It's recommended to backup all important documents etc, then install a fresh copy of Windows 7.

1. Check The Installed NIC Driver.
Okay we will need to check to see if the correct NIC driver is installed.
Click on Start > Control Panel.
Click on Network and Internet link.
Click View network status and tasks link.
On the left side, click Change adapter settings.
Right click on the Local Area Connection and select Properties.

Now under the box "Connection using:" click the Configure... button.
Click on the Driver tab and check that the correct network driver is installed.

2. Is The NIC Conflicting With Other Devices?
Click on Start > Control Panel.
Click on Network and Internet link.
Click View network status and tasks link.
On the left side, click Change adapter settings.
Right click on the Local Area Connection and select Properties.

Now under the box "Connection using:" click the Configure... button.
Click on the Resources tab. Check that nothing is present in the Conflicting device list.

3. I'll need you to run Command Prompt (run it as administrator)
type in ipconfig /all >>C:\ipconfig.txt
Then attach the ipconfig.txt to your post.
That way I can see what's going on with your network connection etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50952-network-problems-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I know this problems Windows XP 7 network and is a popular topic to post about and I have reviewed other posts on this site and others about this problem but the described circumstances never fully match my own I have a new desktop at work that runs Windows There are up to other computers in our office network all running XP Pro I had gone through Windows 7 and XP network problems the process of turning on network discovery and all Windows 7 and XP network problems the other things that I was supposed to turn on or off All of the computers are on the same Windows 7 and XP network problems workgroup name For about days I could bring up Windows Explorer and click on Network and it would bring up the other computers in the network After I came back from Thanksgiving I all of a sudden couldn't see or access any of the other computers on the network None of them showed up on the network map I can successfully ping the other computers and can even pick up the media streaming from one of the computers I just can't access the files on any of them Any thoughts Remember this worked before and I have not changed anything since then

A:Windows 7 and XP network problems

Map the network drives to remote machine so that they show up in explorer and you'll never have use for a network map.

Try it and see what I mean.

For example:

\\remotemachinename\C$ for remote C: drive
\\remotemachinename\D$ for remote D: drive

etc...

Click the map network drive button above where you see your own C, D, etc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/44022-windows-7-xp-network-problems.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a new notebook I detection network problems network problems And Notebook Solved: other :)... ve had about months now an Acer Aspire Solved: Notebook network detection problems And other network problems :)... notebook ghz processor gb ram gb hard drive windows xp been running on my home wireless network for a while now Then today all of a sudden it doesn t detect any wireless networks which is odd because I usually pick up as I m in an apartment complex I turned off the PC turned it back on and nothing I right clicked on the network icon in the sys tray and clicked repair and get the following error Windows could not finish reparing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Connecting to the wireless network I also get a quot Wireless Network Connection is not connected quot wireless network unavailable bubble popup Also I noticed a few weeks ago that I could no longer share files between my PCs as I once could They all have access to the internet but will not share and they all show up under workgroup computers and have select files and folders turned on but the shared files will not show up on the network Lastly I have a Dell Inpiron notebook that is detecting the wireless network and the other available networks in the area If I leave the Dell on too long it will no longer access the internet and I have to do a complete reboot to get it to reconnect and function correctly Suggestions are appreciated I m assuming my Acer problem is a Network or wireless card problem Not sure how to check any of this outside of what I have already done Any and all suggestions are appreciated BB nbsp

A:Solved: Notebook network detection problems And other network problems :)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-notebook-network-detection-problems-and-other-network-problems.479790/
Relevancy 42.14%

Alright so I have had my other PC for a few weeks now and just the other day a notice popped up saying my copy of Windows wasn't genuine (It is, It only said that after i installed the updates). After a few days of that notice, I thought it would go away after a while. One night my brother shut the computer down and the next time I start it up, the internet dosen't work anymore. There is a little ! next to the internet sign and it won't open webpages either. Thinking it would fix itself after a while, I left it. It still dosen't work so today i brought it up from downstairs (whole house is networked) and plugged it straight into the Router. It still dosen't work and I don't know why. Any clues?

A:Windows 7 Network/Internet problems

Did you install Windows or did it come already installed?

If no key was entered during the install, Windows comes up with a 30 day Trial Key.

Have you also tried re-activating?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67827-windows-7-network-internet-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

OK I am stumped at even how to chase this problem. I have 3 printers on MS network 2003 OS on the server. Intermitantly experiencing print failures and with no one sending a print jobs they will fire up and print pages upon paged of garbage characters. Likely 75% of the time they work with no problem(s). Also experiencing problems printing to them using Citrix with the same results. Drivers are all up to date sp's are all up to date the network is new, about 15 users at present, with more comming that is why I need to fix this.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Printer(s) on Windows Network Problems

I'm not all that experienced, just a student at present, but just to get things moving along, how do have the printers connected to your network? Print Server? Are you using Active Directory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-s-on-windows-network-problems.431674/
Relevancy 42.14%

Ever since upgrading my HP Pavillion DV6615em to Windows 7 Ultimate, I've been having intermittent connection problems with my wireless internet.

Sometimes pages load, but the majority of the time it tells me "Safari can't connect to the server". It's not Safari's fault though, as I can't connect to Windows Live Messenger at times and also Firefox and IE don't work. It's not Belkin's fault (My WiFi Phone works fine) and HP can't help me.

It's really annoying, I can connect my Xbox 360 to the internet at any time absolutely fine so it's definitely a problem with the laptop.

If you need any more information to help then i'll gladly provide.

Thanks

A:Windows 7 Wireless Network Problems.

and welcome to the Forum

Where did you get the drivers for the wireless card? have you checked HP support site for updated ones?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wireless-network-problems-492230.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all

ok I hope I put this in the right place.

Had cable hooked up a month ago and the first couple of days I was flying. Now I swear dial up was faster then this.

So I called tech support and they asked me to open my network connections and click on the LAN or high speed internet connection in there. Only one problem it won't open.

They told me that I needed to go and have it repaired but couldn't tell me what exactly I needed to have repaired

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Ang

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-network-connection-problems.341256/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've just installed windows 7 from vista. Now my wireless connection wont work. When I turn my computer on it's fine then like 5-10 minutes goes by it stops working. A yellow icon pops over my networking icon and it says limited access. I have a Westell router and I go through Verizon for my service. I've tried calling them for help but no luck. Also I updated the drivers also. Not sure what to do.

Relevancy 42.14%

Okay, my dad's really ripping his hair out over this. He has recently installed a new hard drive, setting it up as the main HD and installing XP on it. No problems, so far. Now, when he tried to connect to the internet, he got nothing. XP gave him a static IP address that will not work with our subnet. When he tries to give it an IP address that should work, XP either comes up with a 0.0.0.0 IP address, or it reverts to the IP address that it had before. I need answers quickly, he's running out of hair and might start on me!

A:Windows XP network card problems.

Never mind, the network card was shot. $5 later and everything was fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-network-card-problems.169542/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I moved to a new house and set up a home network the router is downstairs in the office and I connect to the network from upstairs in my bedroom I use a Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter to connect to the network When I first started using it it worked fine However recently it has been misbehaving Usually when I boot up it automatically connects to the network but recently when I have booted up Windows tells me that the wireless Problems XP Network Adapter + USB + Windows adapter needs to be installed and it brings up the quot Hardware Installation Wizard quot I put up with this for a while but I finally decided to try and do something so I phoned up their customer support and got about as much help from them as Network Adapter + USB + Windows XP Problems a monkey could of provided I went into the Device Manager and looked at the network adapters section and saw that my network adapter had a next to it thinking this might be the problem I clicked View gt Show hidden devices I was then shown this I managed to get them all uninstalled and reinstalled just Thought everything was Network Adapter + USB + Windows XP Problems fine and dandy I just had to reboot and sadly Windows was telling me to install my network adapter I'm getting incredibly frustrated now I have even tried formatting with my trusty quot eMachines Recovery Disc quot but this only provided the same error whilst emptying half of my hard drive I also started receiving warning messages sometimes when I plugged in the adapter saying quot Unkown Device quot and some other times quot This device can perform faster if plugged into a USB port quot when it is already plugged into a USB port If you could help me solve the problem I would be very thankful I'm currently using Windows XP Service Pack Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter - http catalog belkin com IWCatProdu duct Id If there is any more information I can give you please ask

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapter-usb-windows-xp-problems-67142.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there!

I have recently purchased a Sony VAIO laptop installed with Windows 7! I am using this on a home network with a Linksys [email protected] wireless router, but the connection keeps dropping out, and then eventually refusing to reconnect!

The first couple of weeks there were no problems, but now it seems to be getting worse and worse!

I thought it may have been a problem with the laptops wireless connectiviity and so went to a public hotspot, and couldn't connect there either!

I am no genius when it comes to computers, but am starting to get the feeling I have purchased an expensive paper weight!

Can anyone helpp...please! (Plain English would be appreciated!)

A:Windows 7 wireless network problems!

Hi. It's most likely interference. Change the wireless radio channel in the router's config.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/42537-windows-7-wireless-network-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I m using an acer extensa E windows vista home basic the other day i turned on my laptop and when it took ages to log on the welcome screen stayed on for about mins turned Windows and Problems Connection Vista Network white and finally logged me in after that i couldn t connect to the wireless internet irish laptop in mexico it came up that they couldn t find any networks even though there are at least five in the area then when i tried to diagnose why i couldnt find a network it said unknown error contact administrator or service provider then i tried to diagnose the network connection and it couldnt diagnose the problem then i tried problems reports and there was a service hang up report that hadnt been reported and started the day the problem began when i try to get help and support i cant because windows isnt responding also just to add to the problems i forgot to back up my computer HELP ME Oh and I have a program called Spyware Terminator which keeps sending me problem reports nbsp

A:Windows Vista Connection and Network Problems

Try starting Vista in safe mode. Then uninstall the spyware and antivirus software. Restart windows normally. Then you can at least start troble shooting the problem from here.
Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-connection-and-network-problems.989687/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all,

I am running the following setup:-

AMD Athlon 64 - Dual Core (3.22ghz)
2.00 GB of DDR RAM
NEC 4500A DVD Writer functioning as CD Drive, DVD Drive and DVD Writer/Re-Writer
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX Graphics Card
439gb hard disk

Making use of the Asus M2N SLI motherboards onboard NFORCE network card.

This computer connects to the internet via my main pc (Which runs vista) via internet connection sharing and a crossover cable. It will work absoloutely fine a lot of the time but then I'll lose the internet at frequent intervals and be told that I have limited or no connectivity.

I have ordered a new crossover cable, incase my cable is just a bit battered or something - do you have any more suggestions what might be doing this?

A:Intermittent network connectivity problems in windows xp pro

Check that the NIC Power Management setting for ?Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ? is NOT checked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intermittent-network-connectivity-problems-in-windows-xp-pro-530201.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a small home network consisting of a desktop PC a wireless router and a XP) network Laptop problems strange (Windows having laptop with wireless network card Up until last week it was all working fine with the laptop being able Laptop having strange network problems (Windows XP) to access shares on the PC and having no problems accessing the Internet Now the laptop cannot access the PC although it still recognizes that it is there As well if I try to access the Internet using Firefox or Opera preferred browsers the browser times out and Laptop having strange network problems (Windows XP) hangs around in a zombie state if I try to access the Internet with Internet Explorer least preferred option there is no problem I have been checking out various tips on debugging networking problems and I have found that the laptop can ping the PC and the router by IP address but times out when it tries to ping its own IP address Also if I try to access a DNS to resolve a name it results in a zombie-state process I have eliminated hardware problems with the router - the PC can access the Internet and shares on the laptop with no problem through the router I have eliminated a hardware problem with the wireless network card - IE can get out to the Internet and I have also tried to connect the laptop to the router with a cable with the same results Any suggestions as to further diagnostics to try running or on steps I could take to fix the problem Many thanks nbsp

A:Laptop having strange network problems (Windows XP)

The fact that you are getting access to the internet with IE means you have no networking issues as far as routing goes...very strange that firefox is hanging have you checked proxy settings in firefox???....as far as the shares go i would create an account on each for the other giving full access and rejoin both pc's to a workgroup and make sure both pc's are in the same IP range with i presume they must be if they are both getting out on the net

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-having-strange-network-problems-windows-xp.38900/
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone give me detailed setup instructions on how to setup a Home Network with four Windows 7 Pro and One Windows XP Computers. I setup the Network and everything was working except the XP Computer and after a few days the Windows 7 computers stopped sharing. Need Help??

Relevancy 41.71%

After my pc was infected by a malicious exe it didn't want to boot anymore.
I then used my windows backup disc repair windows just as described in your thread http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html. My sytem is back up
now, but my i-connection is gone and I dunno how to get it to work again. I've got a wireless router which I am connected to by LAN cable...and there is another pc (laptop) connected by WLAN. If I look up run- cmd-ipconfig/all, my ip seems to have changed at the end.The laptop-router connection still works perfectly but not the usual pc-router (lan) What can I do? If you need any details just ask pls

A:Network Problems after Windows install repair

if I read you correctly, the wireless is running but the cabled system is not.

use View Network Connections->right click on the LAN to get to properties
pull down to TCP/IP -> properties
set DHCP for both IP and DNS
click ok

wait 30 sec and the run->cmd /k nslookup www.google.com

if you get anything other than timeout, you're good to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-problems-after-windows-install-repair.84363/
Relevancy 41.71%

OK well since the guy who usually takes care of our network has left the company logging Windows server network Problems to 7 with in I have been thrust rather abruptly into this position I'm fairly computer savvy but I've never done much network administration So I've been upgrading a few computers to Windows Ultimate and after a fair bit of wrangling managed to get them all taken care of except who knew that Win Home couldn't access a simple network wtf But I've got my boss's brand new rig all set up and loaded with all the software necessary but for some reason I can't get it to log in to the server for the life of me I have used identical settings as on the old XP box and have double checked net passwords on the server side I followed the exact same procedure to set up the network as on the other machines But no dice Problem - There is no login window Actually it did come up a few times and I'm not sure why but right now it just automatically logs in and then says that it doesn't have permission Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7 without actually giving me a login window to enter my ID and Password I have gone into the credentials erased them created them changed them Everything under the sun but right now I can't even get a simple login Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7 Unknown factor - when it did give me a login window a couple of times it showed me the name of the path as lt usernamedragon gt which is what I set the computer to so I could access the internet to build the system while the boss was still working with his old box without creating a conflict Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what is causing my problems So I took steps to change this but I can't actually see this name anywhere I've changed the computer name the easy way but it hasn't changed the computer PROFILE I took some steps to try to change this but I can't see if they took effect because there is no login window The login window was the ONLY place that showed me this path I can't see that this would be a legitimate problem but it's hard to say Problem - I don't know why it won't log in correctly I've set all the other settings correctly and these settings have worked on other computers built over the past week and worked just fine for other computers I built before The password is correct the computer name is correct The id is correct The IP settings are all identical What the heck am I doing wrong I've got a professional network specialist coming in in a couple of hours but even he is kind of stumped I need to get this thing fixed tonight while the office is shut down because come Monday morning the boss ain't gonna be too happy Thanks for your assistance

A:Problems logging in to network server with Windows 7

Eschelar, Welcome to the windows 7 forums.
1. Are you trying to logon to the server via Active Directory?
2. Is the boss's computer joined to the domain?
3. Have you setup the network as a work network?
4. Have you setup the network discovery to yes?

Questions..

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244560-problems-logging-network-server-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone give me detailed setup instructions on how to setup a Home Network with four Windows 7 Pro and One Windows XP Computers. I setup the Network and everything was working except the XP Computer and after a few days the Windows 7 computers stopped sharing. Need Help??

A:Windows 7 and XP Cabled and Wireless Network Problems

Can describe what you've already done for setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185885-windows-7-xp-cabled-wireless-network-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Greetings guys Once again I turn to the true pc pros my mom inlaw has a hp pavilion g laptop running windows premium it is a like maybe yrs old and she has not had problems, windows started network not service any real problems with it up until network problems, windows service not started now It all began with her unable to connect to the internet I went to network settings and checked the status of her connection and found the profile had changed from home group to public access and it said she was connected but when you go to the network connections part it shows the mapped path with public access unknown network no internet access So I went back to manage networks and removed the public access point and reset it to home group only just the one this solved her network problems, windows service not started problem for a little while Well now my wife was on her laptop last night and again it would not connect to the internet on our home network it once again showed the public access not connected to internet I went back to manage my networks to put it back on homegroup only this time it did not show the public access point in the network I checked all of the network sharing points and was unable to locate the public access point but when you try to connect to internet it said network problems, windows service not started unable to connect also the laptop began to just shutdown for no reason I restarted it and started to correct the problem with the network and again shut down the wife said it has been doing that to her a lot when she was using it and now it is saying windows service not started and to view a log of this problem to sign on with admins account to view it I have admins access on my account sign in but it will not allow me to view the log due to service not running and not having admins access this is crazy it all started about week back and now the laptop is basically unusable please advise THANKS Pyrotech

A:network problems, windows service not started

is there any restore points for a week ago?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617747/network-problems-windows-service-not-started/
Relevancy 41.71%

I do not even know where to begin I have had so many problems with windows so far that I am already sick of the OS About a since 10 network please Windows help intall problems asap! week ago I built my first custom gaming PC every Windows 10 network problems since intall please help asap! single thing on it is running great Installed windows got all of the drivers downloaded and installed correctly and everything is smooth but I've had one serious problem I can not connect to the internet Let me start off by saying this This Windows 10 network problems since intall please help asap! has nothing to do with my Internet provider my PC any part inside of the PC or any of my drivers all of those things are working perfectly I am on windows update which I did a clean install off of a USB drive from the ISO on Microsoft's website The first error I got like many others was that quot windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing quot I fixed that problem by taking some old winsock files from and importing them into my registry to fix the connection I thought that had fixed my problem until I got my next error which had not shown before It now says quot Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration quot and says The default gateway is not available quot Before anyone says to do a IP refresh and renew Ive done both of those things and I get a DCHP error while running a IP renew through Cmd I also checked my DCHP client and it says running This is all after my rd clean install of windows onto my new PC If anyone please has a fix let me know asap so I can get onto the Internet Ive been dealing with this for so long now -Thanks so much

A:Windows 10 network problems since intall please help asap!

Originally Posted by 3spencer3

I do not even know where to begin. I have had so many problems with windows 10 so far that I am already sick of the OS. About a week ago I built my first custom gaming PC every single thing on it is running great. Installed windows 10 got all of the drivers downloaded and installed correctly and everything is smooth, but I've had one serious problem. I can not connect to the internet. Let me start off by saying this. This has nothing to do with my Internet provider, my PC(any part inside of the PC), or any of my drivers all of those things are working perfectly. I am on windows 1511 update which I did a clean install off of a USB drive from the ISO on Microsoft's website. The first error I got like many others was that "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" I fixed that problem by taking some old winsock files from 8.1 and importing them into my registry to fix the connection. I thought that had fixed my problem until I got my next error which had not shown before. It now says "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration." and says The default gateway is not available." Before anyone says to do a IP refresh and renew Ive done both of those things and I get a DCHP error while running a IP renew through Cmd. I also checked my DCHP client and it says running. This is all after my 3rd clean install of windows 10 onto my new PC. If anyone please has a fix let me know asap so I can get onto the Internet. Ive been dealing with this for so long now. -Thanks so much!

Hi 3spencer3 and welcome to Tenforums.

I assume you've got a router assigning the IP addresses in your LAN, yes? And other devices connect to it without issue?

I would try logging into your router, and assigning a static IP to your ethernet adapter's MAC address; see if you can connect that way.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42410-windows-10-network-problems-since-intall-please-help-asap.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an Hp laptop with Windows Vista.I have a problem connecting to the internet through my wireless router.It says connected to local only.When I diagonise the connection it says that there is a problem with my DNS configuration.

When I connect my laptop directly with ethernet, everything works fine.Even when I connect to the internet from my iphone (using wireless router)everything works perfect.I am tired of searching for a solution as I can't seem to find one.Please Help.Thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

hello all I am hoping someone here restore ultimate network problems Windows and can help me i am loosing it trying to get my backup and restore function to work from network I have Windows ultimate network and restore problems my external tb drive set to my desktop i have all permissions and owners set to everyone with all boxes checked i can view this drive fine from my laptop can access folders drag folders over no issues i even made a complete backup on another drive and placed it on my external of my laptop seems every time i try to do a system backup to my external via my network it fails i keep getting error x from what i see means Windows ultimate network and restore problems access restriction all my computers are part of my homegroup when i setup location it asked me for credentials i just basically used my laptop name and password as my desktop main pc of homegroup has no password could this be issue im not understanding how to setup with proper credential can anyone help i have tried another forum but all i get is links to google from those member i have done and tried everything i come across to get this functioning correctly it always fails around

A:Windows ultimate network and restore problems

Quote: Originally Posted by kaos420

hello all. I am hoping someone here can help me. i am loosing it trying to get my backup and restore function to work from network. I have my external 1.5tb drive set to my desktop. i have all permissions and owners set to everyone. with all boxes checked. i can view this drive fine from my laptop. can access folders drag folders over no issues. i even made a complete backup on another drive and placed it on my external 1.5 of my laptop. seems every time i try to do a system backup to my external via my network it fails. i keep getting error 0x80070005 from what i see means access restriction. all my computers are part of my homegroup. when i setup location it asked me for credentials i just basically used my laptop name and password. as my desktop main pc of homegroup has no password. could this be issue? im not understanding how to setup with proper credential. can anyone help . i have tried another forum but all i get is links to google from those member. i have done and tried everything i come across to get this functioning correctly. it always fails around 91%.

Homegroup has connectivity issues on some networks (especially older multi OS networks) You should try workgroup as it uses IPv4 and is more stabile.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/98176-windows-ultimate-network-restore-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

small network with stations running windows PC ultimate -bit all were fresh installed with BitDefender antivirus and MS office brand new laptops new desktops older P desktop on ethernet the old one is visible as billing-pc most of them are via WIFI-n one via ethernet on the network is also mac mini server running SMB for file sharing services the server is not showing by default ether at some point i began to notice that not all computers are showing under the quot network quot in windows explorer i can easily ping all computers by IP or name without problems i can always force open the computers shared files windows firewall is on on all as standard from installation and has not been touched IPv disabled on all i started to mess around in advanced sharing but none seems to have an effect when i force the with windows only 7 problems computers not appearing - map on network some the computer windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some to open server it shows in the network browser but when i refresh the windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some window it disapears from the main right side window and remains as old link on the left mostly - stations list normally all the time i ve checked ipconfig -all on a visible vs unvisible computer and that was identical Code C Users bruce gt ipconfig -all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bruce-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C BD - D - C -AC A- A A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d f fffb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d f fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled i hope this might be a common issue with a quick fix before i spent hours of investigating this please advise what i should check nbsp

A:windows 7 problems with computers not appearing on the network map - only some

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-problems-with-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map-only-some.944131/
Relevancy 41.71%

Problems with network connection and shutting down Windows X - New by freedda - PM RE Problems with network connection and shutting down Windows XP I have my home computer connected and connection shutting with X network Windows Problems down New! - to the internet via a DSL modem I don t want to be Problems with network connection and shutting down Windows X - New! connected all the time so Problems with network connection and shutting down Windows X - New! I use the Network Connections gt local area connections menu to enable and disable my internet connection I ve been doing this for years Problems with network connection and shutting down Windows X - New! Recently when I disabled the internet connection and then a bit later tried to enable the it I got a connection failed message instead The only way I ve found of fixing this is to either restart Windows XP shut down my computer But here s the clincher whenever I try to do either restart or shut down the computer gets hung up showing the Windows is shutting down message forever until I finally turn off the computer manually and restart the darn thing Can anyone tell me what might be amiss here The only substantive change I ve made is to update my AVG antivirus but I think that the network connection was working after this and also that the computer didn t get hung up on restart either My Windows and Firefox updates are all current As an aside I m not a computer geek and the reason I turn on and off my internet connection is because I think if I leave it connected all the time there is more chance of bad gremlins getting I have the AVG firewall enabled so someone can advise me if I m being overly protective or paranoid here Regards David nbsp

A:Problems with network connection and shutting down Windows X - New!

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. It turns out I had a virus in my MBR, among other things, I had the same connection failed message. I ended up having to boot to the recovery console with my XP disc and running the FIXMBR command.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-network-connection-and-shutting-down-windows-x-new.887944/
Relevancy 41.71%

im getting seriously fooked off now for months we have had this problem we switched all our old xp desktops for windows desktops now every now and again a user will try to print and it does nothing so i think hhmm ok il just remove serious ggrrrrrr!!! problems printer network windows 7 and re-add the printer removes fine but when it comes it instal it again we get this stupid message quot serious windows 7 network printer problems ggrrrrrr!!! cannot connect to the printer x be quot then it will say the printer spooler is running start the spooler try again same message then the spooler stops i have tried everything i can think of now and getting seriously stressed out and upset by this lol why have they made adding a printer soooo difficult im sick of ittttt doesnt matter wether logged in as admin or the user the same thing happens the print server is server there is many printers its not just one printer we have the problem with so cant be driver related can it just happens randomly to users throughout the day

A:serious windows 7 network printer problems ggrrrrrr!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Win7boy

im getting seriously fooked off now, for months we have had this problem. we switched all our old xp desktops for windows 7 desktops. now every now and again, a user will try to print and it does nothing, so i think hhmm ok il just remove and re-add the printer, removes fine, but when it comes it instal it again we get this stupid message "cannot connect to the printer 0x000006be" then it will say the printer spooler is running, start the spooler try again same message, then the spooler stops!!!!!! i have tried everything i can think of now and getting seriously stressed out and upset by this lol, why have they made adding a printer soooo difficult im sick of ittttt!! doesnt matter wether logged in as admin or the user the same thing happens.

the print server is server 2003, there is many printers its not just one printer we have the problem with so cant be driver related, can it? just happens randomly to users throughout the day

Print server is IPv4 win 7 machines (if home-grouped) can be IPv6. IPv6 has connectivity issues on some networks (especially mixed OS networks). Set up new connection on win 7 machines using "workgroup" which uses IPv 4

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122128-serious-windows-7-network-printer-problems-ggrrrrrr.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I just reinstalled XP onto my labtop and currently have nothing on it at all. I want to figure out how to obtain a new ip address soo i can figure how to get my connections back up. I need Local area connection #2 but cant seem to figure out how to configure!!! my wlan switch will not switch on anymore either. So basically im just asking how do you get your connections back up and going after reinstalling xp??

Relevancy 41.71%

I'm having problems in a windows 2000 network, its a very simple layout with only 5 computers and a server, the internet comes in and is redistributed through a dlink 10/100 fast ethernet switch.

The internet is up on 2 computers and the server, but we have problems to get it to work on the other systems, I tried releasing and renewing the ipaddress and i got a DHCP error not beind able to connect to the server. I then tried resetting up the LAN connection with no luck there and finally tried to uninstall the protocol and reinstall it.

It's been a long time since I really worked around 2000, so I'm a little rusty.
The internet has worked on everycomputer in this room at one time but there old technician completly blew the lab and killed a HHD that we just replaced, we were sent in to clean up his work, and its a mess.

Relevancy 41.71%

i am trying to configure network sharing for my home network i have a total computers a laptop with windows vista installed c desktop with windows xp -bit c with vista windows network sharing problems laptop with windows c i was able to network share between the windows laptop c and c both comps see each other and i was able to access files and share a printer to c however the problem now is between c and c the desktop network sharing problems with windows vista computer is able to see c however c does not see the desktop when i try to access the laptops files through c it says that i do not network sharing problems with windows vista have permission network sharing problems with windows vista to access them even if i have administrator rights one thing to keep in mind is that c and c are able to see each other however i do not see the same content on c through the c as i do through the desktop c has some antivirus installed onto it but when i turn it off exiting the program there were no improvements any suggestions would be immensely appreciated

A:network sharing problems with windows vista

Quote: Originally Posted by BIG RED

i am trying to configure network sharing for my home network. i have a 3 total computers:
a laptop with windows vista installed (c1)
desktop with windows xp 64-bit (c2)
laptop with windows 7 (c3)

i was able to network share between the windows 7 laptop (c3) and c2. both comps see each other and i was able to access files and share a printer to c3. however, the problem now is between c1 and c2. the desktop computer is able to see c1. however, c1 does not see the desktop. when i try to access the laptops files through c2, it says that i do not have permission to access them, even if i have administrator rights. one thing to keep in mind is that c1 and c3 are able to see each other. however, i do not see the same content on c3 through the c1 as i do through the desktop.

c1 has some antivirus installed onto it but when i turn it off (exiting the program), there were no improvements. any suggestions would be immensely appreciated!

Big Red Hi and welcome

You did not specify if you were using "homegroup" or workgroup" to network these computers. Typically homegroup is for windows 7 only machines and uses a newer version of IP. Workgroup is more designed for mixed environments.

If you are using homegroup on some networks it has sharing, and connectivity issues.

You can test this rather simply by setting up a new network connection using the workgroup model. If this new connection solves the problem then you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup
Let us know if you require more assistance

Jan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/110219-network-sharing-problems-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Windows Professional Dell Latitude E M Help me seriously Laptop suddenly doesn t detect any wireless network connections other laptops in the Updates Windows x32, Problems wireless etc network, with 7 household can access wireless internet though there is only a big red X in the bottom-right of the taskbar I tried going to the services msc where I can turn it on and off but there comes an error error Problems with wireless network, Windows 7 x32, Updates etc code Also I ve tried to reboot and turn it on and off from the wifi button nothing Haven t installed anything new One update was done but that was taken back When I turned on my laptop I saw Windows notificiation in the bottom-right of my taskbar It states that I have security issue I need to turn on Windows firewall When I click Turn on Windows firewall Important a new error comes up saying Action Center can t turn on Windows firewall When I click Turn Windows firewall on manually and then use recommended settings nothing happens I get the spinning wheel but nothing seems to happen after the wheel goes away Other notification I get that I need to change settings of Windows Update but the case is the same the wheel circles but nothing happens Virus scans are done different ones but nothing was detected On final note laptop hasn't fallen down But there was a bit time ago a problem where my battery suddenly died even though it was still new and I may suspect it had something to do with different electrical systems as I recently moved to UK where I have to use additional plugs

A:Problems with wireless network, Windows 7 x32, Updates etc

Quote: Originally Posted by AK24

. I tried going to the services.msc where I can turn it on and off, but there comes an error (error code 87). Also I?ve tried to reboot and turn it on and off from the wifi button ? nothing.

Lets start here. Does still still happen?

Does this happen when you attempt to open services.msc ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/225562-problems-wireless-network-windows-7-x32-updates-etc.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently got a new computer with Windows Vista about weeks ago and since Day I have had issues with the problems with connection? vista.....possible Network windows network I work in a small office that uses a wired network and i think Network problems with windows vista.....possible connection? it is a home network because we use a workgroup The first problem I have is that sometimes the other computers in the network show up sometimes they don t The second problem I have seen is that other times a few of the computers will show up but not all of them And most recently if the other computers do show up on the network only some of the files are there not all of them I have been trying on my own for a while now to figure out what the problem is but I really think I need some help Any advice would be greatly appreciated I don t know if it is Vista causing the problem or if it is something else please help nbsp

A:Network problems with windows vista.....possible connection?

It's hard to imagine Vista doing this, since I have a couple of Vista machines, a few XP ones, and even a couple of old 2K machines. They've all played pretty nice together, with the possible exception of having to tweak the Vista setup to get everybody connecting to the Vista machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems-with-windows-vista-possible-connection.574485/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a few problems which may or may not all stem from the same source Please bear with me I have a Pentium running XP Pro VB net is installed and the web server that comes with it is running problems, perhaps network related XP minor Suite Windows of for what that s worth XP s firewall has been disabled I have a computer network on a Belkin -port cable router switch but one computer has more problems than the others That said here are my problems XP boots just as fast as ever quite fast actually but it takes a long time to get access to some things I can Suite of minor Windows XP network problems, perhaps related use some shortcuts and can check email immediately I cannot browse the web see my own HD in Explorer see the network in Explorer or launch certain programs for a couple minutes Then there s a flurry of hard disk activity and suddenly I can do everything This problem is common to all computers currently on the network It didn t always behave this way My primary computer will not share When using this computer I can access and manipulate shared resources on OTHER network computers and they can see my shared directories but they cannot access my stuff If someone else wants something I need Suite of minor Windows XP network problems, perhaps related to move it from my computer as they can t grab it Again note that XP firewall is disabled and I do know how to use file sharing It s working amongst the other computers an XP Pro and a Windows box just fine Perhaps related In my network settings control panel network connections I see a Local Area Connection associated with my network card and that s enabled I also see an Internet Connection associated with my Internet Gateway the Belkin router and that says it s disabled I right click on it and select quot Enable quot and a dialog says quot Connecting Connected quot and then disappears But the status remains quot disabled quot even when I check back later I do have Universal Plug amp Play enabled on the router and installed in XP I m tinkering with this because I need to open some ports for an Internet application Many thanks to anyone who might offer a suggestion on Suite of minor Windows XP network problems, perhaps related any or all of these issues Joe netloss nbsp

A:Suite of minor Windows XP network problems, perhaps related

(bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suite-of-minor-windows-xp-network-problems-perhaps-related.138897/
Relevancy 41.28%

recently i've been having some very strange problems with my computer which i am not able to find a reason for. first of all, under the settings for window's firewall, i am not able to choose whether or not i want to enable it or disable it. it is set as disabled and both the enable/disable buttons are greyed out and i cannot click it. second, my auto update keeps turning itself off. after setting it back on, it will turn off the next time i boot my computer. third, i'm having some networking problems. i can connect onto the other computers of my network, however the other computers cannot connect to me. are all these problems related in anyway? and how do i solve them? thanks

A:windows firewall, auto update, network problems

You can enable the firewall by editing the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile registry key, but it isn't a good sign that something is setting it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-auto-update-network-problems.522935/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, as you can see from the title I have problems with my network adapter driver (I think).So here's what happens mostly: I connect with a network. It works fine for some time, but after a few minutes the yellow exclamation mark pops up and says I have limited acces! So then I can't do anything but reconnect and have internet again for a few minutes.This is really annoying when I'm in the middle of something.Does anyone have solutions or tips? I don't have any problem with ethernet connection.Help would be really appreciated. Thanks !

A:Network problems after installing windows 8.1 Alienware M17X

Hello, and Welcome

Please follow the steps shown here. If that does not solve the problem Right Click the Wireless Adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details Tab select Hardware IDs. Copy and post the first line.

Edit: If you have not done so, I would not recommend the driver update yet. Only do the netsh commands

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579015/network-problems-after-installing-windows-81-alienware-m17x/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just bought an AirPort Extreme and everything seems to be networked properly I have a Dell Vista desktop and XBOX connected via ethernet Also two Dell XP laptops and TiVo Series connected via WiFi no Mac hardware except iPod Touch These guys are all recognized and access the internet flawlessly My problem is my Dell Printer Photo All-in-One that is connected via USB doesn t print I installed Bonjour for Windows on all three computers The printer description and drivers are installed and the computers all recognize the printer just fine When I send a test print page it doesn t make it to the printer In the Printer Queue it says the document has been quot Sent to the printer quot but nothing gets printed Please help The only reason I bought the AirPort was for the USB functionality I ve scoured these forums but I can t find this particular problem Note I also posted this on Apple s Discussion Forums Thanks Maury nbsp

A:AirPort Extreme printing problems on a Windows Network

this is probably an incompatible printer with the airport express.
I have an epson c70 that work on my airport express without any problems, I also have the Dell 924, but the airport expresss does not recognize it at all.
This is apparently a VERY common problem with the airport express, lots of usb printers do not work with it. I have heard it described as "the dirty little secrete apple doesn't want you to know about the airport express/extreme"

I'm sure this caused endless hours of frustration for many users.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-extreme-printing-problems-on-a-windows-network.668185/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I'm running Windows Pro bit on a machine I built myself The machine contains an Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gen MOBO with built-in gigabit ethernet This machine was previously running Windows Professional bit with no issues Here's the issue I'm having in Windows - I renamed my connection from quot Ethernet quot to quot Virgin Media quot and gave my PC a static IP address Everything was working just fine I rebooted my PC and I noticed that my connection had reverted to being called quot Ethernet quot and no static IP was set up When I tried to rename the connection and set up the static IP again it told me that it couldn't because another connection existed that had this name When I looked in Device Manager I noticed that my network adapter had changed from an Intel V to an Intel LM When I viewed hidden devices I noticed that both were listed there The V connection is still called quot Virgin Media quot and still has the static IP set up but Windows had automatically switched to the other connection for some reason In Windows it only listed one network adapter and it was listed as an Intel V so I'm not sure why it also lists an Intel LM Every time I reboot my PC it seems to pick one of these network adapters at random If I uninstall one it just comes back If I disable one sometimes my PC will boot up and have no access to the Internet because it's selected the disabled connection instead of the enabled one Why are there network adapters listed in Windows How can I get rid of one of them permanently or set Windows to always use the same one Many thanks

A:2 network adapters showing up in Windows 8, causing problems

download the drivers from the asus website, try the old V16.5.0.0 ( in Windows 7 section ) it's a bug in Windows 7 and 8 it confuse your 82579v for a 82579LM ....you may also try the beta one in the windows 8 drivers section ( I have not try it yet)
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
don't ask me how I know

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12161-2-network-adapters-showing-up-windows-8-causing-problems.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Well, I'm finally able to connect the computer I built to the Internet... but now I have a problem. As a background, the system has Windows 2000 Server on it and my Internet connection is via a cable modem. My network card is a 3COM 10/100 NIC Network Card.

I installed the network card into the system which... however it keeps installing the wrong invalid driver for it no matter what and it just won't work.

Secondly I cannot figure out how to configure my internet access to be through a cable modem.

If anyone can help me out here in any way, please feel free. This is driving me nuts at this point.

A:NIC Network Card Driver Problems with Windows 2000

You need to get the drivers installed and the properties set properly on the network card to use the cable modem.

try downloading and installing new drivers from here
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/...=19&selcat=Network+Interface+Cards&family=115

moving to win2k forum, you should get better responce there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-network-card-driver-problems-with-windows-2000.91114/
Relevancy 40.85%

Motherboard=BIOSTAR A770 A2+, OS=Windows Vista 32-bit with all the updates. After loading Windows Vista, which was a clean install I could not connect to the internet. So I got the latest driver for my on board network adapter, Driver=Realtek RTL8168/8111... Right away afterl running the driver software I was connected to internet, got all updates & virus program download everything look well. After shutting down the computer and returning later I could not connect to the internet, looked in device manager and no network adapter found, uninstalled the network driver and reinstalled and was back in business. Again when shutting computer down this happened again, the work off line under tools in internet explorer also was check which I de-checked, but I am wonder if my on board network adapter has a problem. Please give me some trouble shooting tips or possible solutions, thanks Gary

A:network adapter problems after clean install of windows vista

It sounds like the hardware is the likely issue. If the NIC disappears from Device Manager and later appears, I'd have to strongly suspect the hardware at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-problems-after-clean-install-of-windows-vista.943625/
Relevancy 40.85%

Over the past month we have been experiencing a problem with Windows XP.
All PC's are on XP SP3 and are on a domain.

But just recently some users are having difficulty printing and getting to network shares. This happens because they are not authorised. We sometimes get this error message in the bottom right hand corner.

Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card. Please clock to see more information.

When we do this the problem doesn’t go away and that message appears every time we try to print to a network printer or open a shared drive.

This is becoming really Frustrating and embarrassing for us now and we would really like a fix.

Thank you for your time.

A:Windows Credentials, Network Printer, Netwrok Share Problems

Can no one help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-credentials-network-printer-netwrok-share-problems.960421/
Relevancy 40.85%

Year and a half year old system I just today renewed my Mcafee subscription lapsed several months ago finally got paranoid enough Firewall Windows network problems Wireless dropping, and McAfee to shell out money for it Once I did and updated the program my problems began or at least I noticed them I am on a public network and have never had any Wireless network dropping, McAfee and Windows Firewall problems connection problems before I know that it is the computer and not the internet because I tested the connection on a seperate computer and there were never any disconnects My network is randomly dropping When it does it says that I m connected to quot unidentified network quot with Wireless network dropping, McAfee and Windows Firewall problems quot no internet access quot Disconnecting and reconnecting to the network has no effect It begins working again after remaining in this state for a few minutes When I open McAfee Security Center it says that my firewall is turned on on the McAfee home screen However if I click on my firewall settings it says my firewall is off Clicking turn on turns it on for less than a second then it says it s off again I saw a suggestion on another site to disable McAfee Network Agent I did Wireless network dropping, McAfee and Windows Firewall problems so did not fix the problem and while I was doing it tried to disable Mcafee Firewall When I applied the changes the checkbox for McAfee Firewall reselected itself I checked to make sure it wasn t a problem with Windows Firewall interacting with McAfee firewall When I pick Windows Firewall under control panel there are no options when I click to quot use recommended settings quot it says Windows Firewall can t change some of my settings with quot Error code x quot By all appearances Firewall is just gone I am fairly sure that I didn t uninstall it Any help fixing this would be appreciated Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Queen-Evie

A:Wireless network dropping, McAfee and Windows Firewall problems

You may be infectedDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467115/wireless-network-dropping-mcafee-and-windows-firewall-problems/
Relevancy 40.85%

Over the past month we have been experiencing a problem with Windows XP.
All PC's are on XP SP3 and are on a domain.

But just recently some users are having difficulty printing and getting to network shares. This happens because they are not authorised. We sometimes get this error message in the bottom right hand corner.

Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card. Please clock to see more information.

When we do this the problem doesn’t go away and that message appears every time we try to print to a network printer or open a shared drive.

This is becoming really Frustrating and embarrassing for us now and we would really like a fix.

Thank you for your time.

Quote Reply ​

A:Windows Credentials, Network Printer, Netwrok Share Problems

Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958281

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-credentials-network-printer-netwrok-share-problems.961951/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I own an hp laptop pc The last wifi Windows invalid 7 error ip problems network activation and address couple days I have had problems connecting to Windows 7 activation error and wifi network invalid ip address problems my wireless network I keep receiving an error that says that my wifi network has an invalid ip address I have had this computer for a year and haven t had any problems like this until just a couple days ago When I try to troubleshoot the connection I get a windows activation error of x I have tried running a diagnostic test and nothing comes up I ve tried a virus scan and no virus s found I ve tried to uninstall wifi network adapter restarted computer and then re-installed it and that didn t change anything I have ran a recovery test and computer says it Windows 7 activation error and wifi network invalid ip address problems can t fix the problem I can only get online if I restart modem everytime I have also tried to do an ipconfiguration from the c prompt screen No success I don Windows 7 activation error and wifi network invalid ip address problems t know what else to do Can anyone help me please Thank you Mary nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-activation-error-and-wifi-network-invalid-ip-address-problems.1004916/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2800 (Dell tag: 8l0ct71 )(Just reinstalled windows Server 2003)

I have tried the two (non lan) network driver setups that dell has on its site and I get "the update package is not compatible with your system configuration".

I am trying to access the internet on my box, anybody have any idea on how to accomplish this or fix the problem I'm getting while loading driver setup?

Thanks

A:Network Driver Problems on my box, windows server 2003 I have a Dell PowerEdge 2800

can you post a link to the driver you downloaded?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-driver-problems-on-my-box-windows-server-2003-i-have-a-dell-poweredge-2800.852012/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi folks This forum has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I'm testing your awesomeness unrelated card Inconsistent networking or problems, network to network once again I've had an Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card unusual networking problem for about a year and a half When browsing the web certain requests will just never complete on any browser Downloads are often interrupted anything larger than MB is nearly impossible Even large transfers between this machine and others on my local network will fail SCP connections will sometimes abort in the middle of a transfer It's quite inconsistent I don't have this problem for any particular resource Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card and the failure point is different every time If a particular page isn't rendering I can often go to my yahoo com which for some reason always seems to work and hit the back arrow and then the request will often complete normally Google is a little unique when I encounter this problem on Google I have to wait for the original requests to be aborted after about seconds before any further requests to Google will succeed I can't say exactly when it started but it was reasonably close to the time I updated a driver for my network adapter as instructed At the time I was on a wired network using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter connecting through the wired port of an old Netgear router sorry I don't have the model number to cable broadband with NuVisions Since then I have changed just about everything except my motherboard I've disabled my old network adapter though it's still connected I'm on a wireless network using a Netgear WNDA N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter connecting through a Linksys E to Verizon FIOS Unfortunately nothing about my problem has changed I fear a motherboard issue but I don't know how to find out Can you please help

A:Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card

Sorry, I didn't complete the checklist!

I have no anti-virus, security or firewall software. I've run numerous scans since the problem began, and they've always been clean.

Attached is the output from ipconfig /all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332865-inconsistent-networking-problems-unrelated-network-network-card.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 38.7%

whenever i connect to the internet through dial up connection the network icon in the notification area still displays (not connected ) and when i go to the network and sharing it says not connected, ALTHOUGH i can surf the internet with no problems , AND when i insert the Ethernet cable it doesn't connect !!!!???????
please i need your help

A:problems with network icon and in network and sharing center

Welcome to Seven Forums TruthSeeker.
Click on the big red X in the Network window and see what it shows. You might have to clone a MAC address, looks like you have several net adapters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176590-problems-network-icon-network-sharing-center.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I m having problems with a desktop I have lost network connection no LAN settings and cannot add a new connection and obviously no internet Network troubleshooter will not run I cannot run McAfee or other programs All other computers on the network are up and running I have tried searching multiple topics similar problems I have problems connections network lost - network been unsuccessful starting needed services such as telephony remote access network location awareness etc I transferred over a program from my laptop to get the following hijack analysis Logfile of Advanced SystemCare Security AnalyzerScan saved network problems - lost network connections at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system LMabcoms exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC WINDOWS system network problems - lost network connections HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files network problems - lost network connections Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC PROGRA MULTI- MMKey exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEF IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO My Freeze com Toolbar - bd f - ad- f -aca - be e b - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar myfreezedx dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllO - BHO scriptproxy - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO scriptproxy - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO scriptproxy - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Updater For My Freeze com Toolbar - C CD - F - E -B -EB F DA - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar auxi myfreezetoolbAu dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar My Freeze com Toolbar - bd f - ad- f -aca - be e b - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar myfree... Read more

A:network problems - lost network connections

Sorry, it was the McAfee problem. I didn't notice the post on the home page. I used the McAfee ALERT: 5958 DAT Update Issue (For Home Users Only)

?If you are a Home or Consumer user, see article TS100969

Problems solved!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311831/network-problems-lost-network-connections/
Relevancy 37.84%

ok so this problem has been going on for awhile now but has gotten worse somehow...

before i could not access my vista computer upstairs from my xp computer downstairs.

i've made sure the settings are what they should be on the vista computer since i can easily access my xp computer from the vista computer.

now the problem has gotten worse by that i can't access my xp computer from the vista computer or vice versa so now i can't transfer files from each computer. i need to use my external drive or a flash drive.

A:Wireless network problems, Vista/XP network

could you ever access the XP machines from Vista after installing SP3?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/157282-wireless-network-problems-vista-xp-network.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Just upgraded to Windows 8 Professional from Windows 7, and I love everything except the networking.

Nothing works except wifi. I can't see any other computers on my network or any of the hard drives connected to my router. My other laptops in the house can see them (one runs Windows 7 and one is a Mac).

I can, however, ping one of the hard drives and the other computers. When I go to map a network drive, it only shows my computer, nothing else.

Anyone have any idea?

A:Network & Network Mapping Problems?

UPDATE:

So it seems like I have fixed my computer not seeing other computers and mapping network drives.

Now the current problem is that whenever I try to transfer a file to a hard drive connected to my router (ASUS RT-N66U), it times out. I get the following error message.

Speed ranges rapidly from good (10 mbps) to horrible (0 kbps), and then just seems to cut out.

However, what's weird is that even though that error pops up, the drive is still connected. I can still browse the drive even though the error is appearing. So my best guess is that the drive is timing out, but yet reconnects itself (or never disconnects) instantly.
Help please?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12121-network-network-mapping-problems.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,
I am working on a laptop. Trying to get it to log on locally. It is trying to log into a server. How do I make it try to log into one of the local accts (not on a network)? Example: I want to log in with Administrator. What do I type before Administrator, so that it will know not to look for a network to log into?

Thanks!
Ox

A:Windows 7 Login Problems - Local vs Network Login

Hi-

Try this format "computer_name\user_name" ; eg. MARK\Administrator

Though settings such as group policy can change this and completely deny local access.

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-login-problems-local-vs-network-login-552853.html
Relevancy 34.83%

OK kinda dont know where to post this so ill post it here because it relates to Networking.. uhh i like to play Halo 2 and i like to play on Xlink Kai and Xbox connect but for some reason i dont understand why my ping is high right now i have Windows 2000 soon going to be Windows XP in about 30 mins. with a cable connection directly connected to my computer to the router to my xbox via the ethernet cord. sooo why hell is this so slow??? my computer is farely new, havnt had it for more then 3 years, it has a pentium 4 processor, 80 gigs of space and 512 ram with abunch of other crap that i dont feel like posting lol.. but ya any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!

A:Network problems? or computer problems?

well if your connecting to a server to play it could be the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems-or-computer-problems.480734/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 34.4%

I installed iogear bluetooth on my pc sometime last year but didn't use it but now I need it to communicate to my cell phone. When I inserted the adapter I get the error: network cable unplugged.

I can see the software is there but not sure how to proceed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-network-error-network-cable-unplugged-windows-xp.1113865/
Relevancy 34.4%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 34.4%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 34.4%

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

A:windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello all,
I have tried all the similar solutions to my problem but non eworks.

I have just installed WIndows 7 Home 64bit.
Wireless works (slooooooow).
The cable from my Billion router/modem is recognised but does not work.

In network and sharing centre I can see Wireless as Home Network and cable as:

Unidentified network - Public Network (no link = can't change it).
The 4 TCP/IPv4 is set at automatic. Even if I put the Billion default address 192.168.1.254 and subnet and gateway nothing.

Tried going into ipconfig and it gives me a 169.254.176.23 (=no internet connection then, but I knew that).

The wireless IP is correct at 192.168.1.2

From what I have understood from all the fora I have to change the network from Public to Home.

How do I do it?

I would be very grateful for any sort of help.

A:unidentified network - public network Windows 7 64bit

Hi Villas

Networks\Connections is not my area but this will show you how to change from public to home network - Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181627-unidentified-network-public-network-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I had Windows Vista and everything was fine today Windows No Network Access, since - 7 Unidentified downloading Network I decided to use my free Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 Windows upgrade and I can't connect through my router It started when I downloaded Windows and I went to connect and it showed my network it said quot Unable to connect to quot network quot quot Then after a little why it didn't even show my network their at all It just said quot Unidentified Network No network access quot Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 I've tried nearly everything I'm connected now through the modem but obviously I want to fix this situation with my router so I can Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 connect through my router Also every since I got Windows I can't go to my routers IP address at http - it just won't open the page I was going to reset all router settings to default but it wouldn't let me access it I did read a lot of the other threads on this subject I've tried Disabling then Enabling Local Network Connection didn't work Please help me guys

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7

This problem usually has to do with a secondary default gateway in the Windows 7 network adaptors Ipv4 settings. The link below shows you how to fix that problem.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89905-unidentified-network-no-network-access-since-downloading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi about days ago I turned on my pc and many weird things started happening first it took a lot of time for the explorer exe to load so the desktop or taskbar didn t appear until after maybe - minutes Then the taskbar looked really weird it seemed like it had been cut horizontally so you couldn t get to see the whole lower part of the taskbar and it wasn t the screen size config since I tried changing that and it didn t work I thought it might be some kind of virus so I opened Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I got the following message Run-time error Failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalsgrid ocx Your version of vbalsgrid ocx may be outdated Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application Then also I noticed I can t paste anything anywhere or drag things so I can t copy paste things or cut-paste things then since yesterday I problems...etc. windows explorer problems, audio/video vbalsgrid6.ocx problems, no longer have a taskbar and I also can t use the search windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. function not even when I go into My PC and click on the search icon a frame appears on the left just as it should but it just stays blue Also when I go into taskmanager and go to processes the Username under all processes is blank except for one Inactive process under SYSTEM when normally many of them were under Administrator and others And finally I can t open windows media player and when windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. I open iTunes i get the following message iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly and it also doesn t detect mi iPod when I connect it to the computer I don t know if it may help or not but here s a hijackthislog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Archivos de programa lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Archivos de programa Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local ... Read more

A:windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc.

no one? please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-problems-audio-video-problems-vbalsgrid6-ocx-problems-etc.792129/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi about days ago I turned on my pc and many weird things started happening first it took a lot of time for the explorer exe to load so the desktop or taskbar didn t appear until problems...etc. vbalsgrid6.ocx explorer windows problems, problems, audio/video after maybe - minutes Then the taskbar looked really weird it seemed like it had been cut horizontally so you couldn t get to see the whole lower part of the taskbar and it wasn t the screen size config since I tried changing that and it didn windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. t work I windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. thought it might be some kind of virus so I opened Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I got the following message Run-time error Failed to load control vbalGrid from vbalsgrid ocx Your version of vbalsgrid ocx may be outdated Make sure you are using the version of the control that windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc. was provided with your application Then also I noticed I can t paste anything anywhere or drag things so I can t copy paste things or cut-paste things then since yesterday I no longer have a taskbar and I also can t use the search function not even when I go into My PC and click on the search icon a frame appears on the left just as it should but it just stays blue Also when I go into taskmanager and go to processes the Username under all processes is blank except for one Inactive process under SYSTEM when normally many of them were under Administrator and others And finally I can t open windows media player and when I open iTunes i get the following message iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration Audio Video playback may not operate properly and it also doesn t detect mi iPod when I connect it to the computer here s the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware TPSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PavFnSvr exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware PsImSvc exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Archivos de programa CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Archivos de programa lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Archivos de programa Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Archivos de programa Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jusched exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware APVXDWIN EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Archivos de programa Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Archivos de programa InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Archivos de programa Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus Antispyware WebProxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrador Configuraci n local Datos de programa Google Chrome Appl... Read more

A:windows explorer problems, audio/video problems, vbalsgrid6.ocx problems...etc.

someone help.. please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-problems-audio-video-problems-vbalsgrid6-ocx-problems-etc.792278/
Relevancy 33.54%

Well I have searched and fought with this on my own long enough apparently i need help! My desktop cannot see my network. The network itslef runs fine Xbox, phones kindle and this laptop have no probles seeing nor using the network.
I have run ipconfig /all tried reseting Tcp/IP to no avail. what else can I do?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 100000 MB, Free - 57089 MB; G: Total - 426882 MB, Free - 200273 MB; H: Total - 426884 MB, Free - 11964 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4N68T-M-V2
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why windows 7 thinks there is a network switch in my home network. I have every computer in the house, setup to the same Workgroup as well as the same Homegroup. Can you please help me figure out why Windows thinks there is a network switch in front of my xbox 360 and one of my desktop computers. I am using DIR655 newest firmware router.

Thank-you,

Shawn

A:Windows 7 Network Map Can't Figure Out Why There is a Network Switch

Quote: Originally Posted by Shawzborne

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why windows 7 thinks there is a network switch in my home network. I have every computer in the house, setup to the same Workgroup as well as the same Homegroup. Can you please help me figure out why Windows thinks there is a network switch in front of my xbox 360 and one of my desktop computers. I am using DIR655 newest firmware router.

Thank-you,

Shawn

This is a common problem with the network map in Windows 7 and it's nothing to worry about. I have the same router by the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245572-windows-7-network-map-cant-figure-out-why-there-network-switch.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are not displayed more; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-windows-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.54%

Well i had the problem when im doing the ICS between a computer with internet win and a computer with ethernet cable Winxp When i unplug the cable or the other computer restart or whatever i get the message of quot unidentified network quot quot internet innaccesible quot quot no Network Access quot etc I know is a kick in the balls and its so hard to know what Unidentified in access at 7 ICS Network, Fix network No for Windows is the problem cuz is a little bit tricky i have searched everywhere and nothing helped me out i tried bridged updating drivers disabling enabling parameters disabling firewall editing gpedit etc it was driving me nuts just watching the quot Public Network Unidentified Network quot I have tested and i did the next config doing lots of trial and error Worked perfect for me I hope it helps you out too guys Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 Do the steps in the next order Both computers in same Workgroup Both computers with bonjour disabled or deleted In CMD delete route In my case Internet router Wlan Win Ethernet Lan Winxp The pc with the internet Share the internet of Wlan then go to Lan gt Properties gt ipv disabled ipv ip assigned when u share the internet submask default Default Gateway Here you put the ip of the gateway created to share internet This is the most important to remove the quot public network quot and unidentified thing The name of it in my computer is quot Residential Gateway Device quot DNS DNS Pc client Get automatic IP option this is important DNS DNS And youre done I hope it works for you guys i really Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 have passed frustrating times to get this thing working properly i test often pluging and unpluging the ethernet just to see Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 if this still working and it does Notes The DNS are from google dns Sorry for my english

A:Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7

Interesting that the default gateway 0.0.0.0 can also be problematic with a regular network connection as well.

In both cases typing in the default gateway resolved the issue as described in the link.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281119-fix-unidentified-network-no-network-access-ics-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi

I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.

This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.

On the window of a computer network, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.

Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are no more displayed; while the other computer displays all regularly.

Thanks

Bye

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388177-network-windows-not-does-list-all-network-devices.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I m trying to put on old pentium on the internet problems Network but am running into problems networking It has a com ethernet card which isn t setup i access the hardware wizard to install the unit and it asks for the drivers Since i visited the com web site and downloaded the drivers to a floppy i inserted the disk but itbcomes back with quot connot locatedrivers for device quot or something to that Network problems extent i inserted the win cd and did a browse and Network problems found that the Network problems drivers for that device are indeed within the cd when I select the wizard to search for the drivers from the cd it comes back the same as the floppy If i don t install the drivers and go to device mgr there is a red x next to the card I check properties and enable device then check and it says that device is working properly it cannot be Anyway i tried to run the internet cd and when checking the components it tells me the tcp ip protocol is not tied to the network card In the network components it doesn t show any network card installed What it does show is --microsoft logon dial up adapter dial up adapter vpn support tcp ip- gt dial up adapter tcp ip - gt dialup adapter vpn support Any suggestions to try nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I have two computers one running windows xp sp2 and the other running vista basic. I have gotten them to see each other and the xp machine sees the files on the vista. My big problem is that the vista Machine sees the other computer but not the files can anyone help me?

A:Network problems

Take a look at File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.567396/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey guys basically i m new here and this is my first post so i m gonna try to be as specific as possible I m using myself of a quot Thomson TG vn quot Basically i m connected to everything and i never lose connection to my actual router My internet however keeps disconnecting me from several different programs services For an example this is teamspeak Code lt gt Connection to server lost lt gt Trying to connect to server on lt gt Connected to Server NoVa Teamspeak lt gt Provided by http problems Network www InstantTeamSpeak com for help goto http www InstantTeamSpeak com teamspeak-server-support php lt gt Network problems Welcome to NoVa's TeamSpeak lt gt Connection to server lost lt gt Trying to connect to server on lt gt Connected to Server NoVa Teamspeak lt gt Provided by http www InstantTeamSpeak com for help goto http www InstantTeamSpeak com teamspeak-server-support php lt gt Welcome to NoVa's TeamSpeak lt gt Connection to server lost lt gt Trying to connect to server on lt gt Connected to Server NoVa Teamspeak lt gt Provided by http www InstantTeamSpeak com for help goto http www InstantTeamSpeak com teamspeak-server-support php lt gt Welcome to NoVa's TeamSpeak lt gt Connection to server lost lt gt Trying to connect to server on lt gt Connected to Server NoVa Teamspeak lt gt Provided by http www InstantTeamSpeak com for help goto http www InstantTeamSpeak com teamspeak-server-support php lt gt Welcome to NoVa's TeamSpeak As you can see i lose connection about every - mins or so That happens when i m playing source engined games aswell i can stay on the server for about - mins before i get disconnected It never happens that i get disconnected on everything at once only from some programs this is my ipconfig all Code Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS suffix lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- B-D - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease obtained den juli Lease Expires den augusti Default Gateway DHCP server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - - E- B-D - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Same thing when i connect with my wireless network card Extra notes I can t ping myself from example network-tools com Also if i connect to a virtual private network VPN it works perfectly Don t know why it s very weird I m not that good at networking so i was hoping any of u guys could give me some help Thanks for reading all this nbsp

Bump, seems like i'm the only one in the world who have actually had this problem, well.. fml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.1010360/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hardware: Alienware running Windows 10, wifi: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Symptoms:
1)Under "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice for "Manage known networks".
2)Each time I reboot, the wifi network is not remembered, even though I clicked "connect automatically". Password input required.
3)There is no button for "wireless properties" in the "wifi status" window.

Tried:
1)Uninstalling/reinstalling latest manufacturer's wireless driver
2)Uninstalling/reinstalling wireless adapter
3)Numerous other things.

Any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49340-network-problems.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Vaio vgn-fw41e with Visata home premium and my problem is that the wireless internet i got is dissapearing after 3 days all of a sudden. This always happens after i called my ISP company because of the net dissapering.

I been calling them so many times now that im getting tired of it and hopefully someone here can help me out.

I'm able to connect to the internet while using a cabel.

But when i try to connect to the wireless net it just sais that my laptop isnt able to recieve the signal from the router it self ?
i can't get it to make any sence if the net already have been on the wireless net for 3 days without any problem at all.

Sorry for my not so perfect english.

And thanks in advance

A:Problems with Network

Could you click Start>All Programs>Accessories

once in that Folder could you right click Command Prompt and Click Run as Administrator

After that Type this in:

Code:
ipconfig /all
Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284638-problems-network.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello

Since updating to windows 10 version 1607 my PC won't connect to a network so the homegroup won't work and I cant print over the network. Also none of the windows 10 online services seem to work so I can't use the automatic update (it comes up with "We couldn?t connect to the update service. We?ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn?t work, make sure that you?re connected to the Internet.") and the xbox app wont work.

Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried updating your network card or wireless drivers?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68914-network-problems.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey all First thanks for looking I was hit a couple months ago by some serious malware I ve since cleaned it up thoroughly as far as problems, Network DNS/ ugh! I can tell but my XP DNS/ Network problems, ugh! install is now without Internet connectivity After the initial cleanup my comp couldn t even get a dhcp lease As of right now I can ping an ip DNS/ Network problems, ugh! address but can t ping a domain so it seems DNS is messed up When DNS/ Network problems, ugh! I put an ip address of a known domain into my browser I can get some domains loaded in Firefox Google front page loads and it s not cached cause I cleared cache Another peculiar thing There s a network device called quot AFS quot listed under quot Network Connections quot which cannot pull down a DHCP lease Is that necessary for DNS Internet connectivity I cannot delete the connection Stuff I ve done so far and the result I ran winsockfix to rebuild tcp ip stack It didn t fix the problem Ran the netsh command referenced in microsoft support articles It didn t fix the problem I ran HJT to detect registry and system inconsistencies I couldn t find anything wrong All entries look completely normal To get DHCP TCP IP back up I reworked the DHCP registry entry to remove the IPSEC dependency It worked to restore DHCP as now an ipconfig command lists it as pulling a valid ip and dns servers that match what my other networked computers list I found a site that had clean tcp ip registry entries and imported them into regedit That did nothing I copied the AFS TCPIP and Netbios drivers from the servicepack folder back into my system drivers directory That did nothing Checked DNS service settings the only dependency is TCP IP The path to the execuable is WIN system svchost exe -k NetworkService it is set to logon as quot Local System Account quot This all seems right eh Thanks so much for your help -T nbsp

A:DNS/ Network problems, ugh!

Some of these malwares add a proxy setting so check that.

tools - internet options - connections - lan settings. Make sure there is no tick in use proxy server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-network-problems-ugh.947684/
Relevancy 33.11%

Heres a diagram of my network. Everything seems to be working off of automatic Ip's. The green computers don't see the red ones.

I'm trying to establish network wide visablity? If someone can point me in the right direction for a tutorial on this or even tell me if it is possible that would help a lot. Thanks.

Relevancy 33.11%

I set up a two computer home network as I have a ethernet broadband connection.
The network was working fine until last night.
The other computer that is on the network can still see the shared folders but when they are opened there is nothing in them.
When I try to view network computers I get a pop up saying I do not have permission to view folders etc.

Did you check for spyware or viruses? - try adaware and spybot for spyware, AVG for viruses

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.414332/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a home network that consists of computers XP and Problems Network XP Win SE networked printers and a DirectTV DVR all connected to the internet through a NetGear router I have full internet access and the network printers are visible from all of the XP computers However now I cannot see or file share from any computer to any other computer This network has been in place for several years and XP Network Problems the file sharing has always been a little spotty but a few months I suffered a complete failure of file sharing and I haven t been able to figure out what the problem is I have as recently as today run the XP Network Problems Network Setup Wizard on all of the computers with no improvement All of the XP computers react the same way when I do the following From Windows Explorer when I click on My Network Places Entire Network Microsoft Windows Network I get the name of my local network Eccs as expected But when I click on Eccs the computer searches for quite a while and finally responds with the following error message quot Eccs is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions quot quot The network path was not found quot Furthermore from one of my computers when I go to Control Panel Administrative Tools Computer Management System Tools Event Viewer System and look at the log I see the following warning quot The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master CENTRAL on the network Device NetBT Tcpip D B - A - -A E- EBC F D B The data is the error code quot I assume this warning is related to my problem as CENTRAL is the name of one of the computers on the network But I don t have a clue where to go from here Can anyone help Two more pieces of info The problem occurs regardless of whether the Win computer is on or off The final nail in the coffin might have coincided with my attempt to improve the file sharing by loading in Cisco s Network Magic Product Might it have messed up some network permissions Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

i recently re-installed windows 7 and forgot to copy my network controller. Now i cant get on the internet...my computer says " didn't detect Ethernet and network controller". i have tried going to Toshiba website to get it but it seems not to be working.
i have a Toshiba Satellite c655d-s5334 laptop.
can anybody help me

A:network problems

Is this the Wireless Adapter or the Ethernet adapter you are trying to download the driver for? If it is the wireless you need to know which Wireless Adapter your computer has. There seems to be 3 different adapters used on that model the Atheros, the Realtek, or the Broadcom. Go to this page on another computer http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...5334&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663 , select the Downloads tab, select your OS, then select the WiFi catagory to download your driver. Copy to either a disc or a thumb drive to move it to your laptop, then double click the driver package to install the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.1082061/
Relevancy 33.11%

I just upgraded one of my network computers to Windows 2k, and it can see all but one computer on the network and vice versa. I shut down and restarted the computers one at a time to no avail. I have no idea what to try next.

I think I put this question in the wrong place. I added it to the network category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.78413/
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently got Acer Aspire T180 which came with vista installed. I reformatted the harddrive and installed XP onto the system.
The problem I am having is that I cant connect to the rest of the network.
I downloaded the drivers from the acer website and tried to install them but it keeps erroring saying 'hardware not found'
All that is showing in the network adapters part of the device manager is the firewire.
I have never come across this problem before and any help would be appreciated. hopefully its something simple that I have overlooked but I am at loss.

Relevancy 33.11%

I've just bought a NetBoot with windows 8
While configuring I could only use a 'local account'

Now the store, skydrive, camera apps will not open. I am assuming I need a Microsoft account linked to the machine.

So I tried to log in with my email address that already works on the Xbox - every time the message can't connect because of network problems.

I've run the network diagnostic with no success, I've made all updates including driver updates from the Medion driver manager.

Can anyone confirm if I.m on the right track or what should I be doing to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Relevancy 33.11%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Network Problems Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU Network Problems E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Network Problems Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY CN B C Antivirus None Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Network Problems Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Users Dominick Ray AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Freecorder FLVSrvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Winamp winamp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Dominick Ray Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO Somoto Toolbar - c e -f ac- b e-ae c- e dc d - C Program Files x somototoolbar vmntemplateX dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Somoto Toolbar - c e -f ac- b e-ae c- e dc d - C Program Files x somototoolbar vmntemplateX dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run kio c ksi pif O - HKLM Run LWS C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe -hide O - HKLM Run ArcSoft Connection Service quot C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x Quic... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.1002108/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi there!

I run windows vista home premium edition. I use orange wireless broadband. There is another computer in my house running windows xp home edition. I am trying to connect them together for file sahring. I cannot!
I have set the computers up so they are both on the same workgroup. I can see the other computer when I click on 'network' (in the 'start' panel), but it says that I cannot connect to it. What do I do?

thanks.

Relevancy 33.11%

This post relates to the following hardware devices Netgear DG UK wireless router ZD B IEEE b g Wireless LAN USB Adaptors AD B V A while ago I purchased the above mentioned router and adaptors and after some advice from members of this site was able to get the whole lot working I have been successfully using one main pc connected to the router via cable and two other pcs connected by adaptors All has been well Yesterday I attempted to connect a fourth pc to my network but found that after installing the adaptor software and entering my security network key the connection to the network keeps dropping in and out After trying everything I could think of I Problems Network basically gave up and decided to have a break However now one of the other three pcs that were working fine previously seems to have Network Problems developed the same problem It connects then disconnects every few seconds even though it sees the router and has a good signal Thing is I didn t even touch the settings or hardware on this pc so why has this problem occurred The other two pcs one connected by adaptor and one by cable both still work ok Any suggestions Oh by the way I did power off the whole system including Network Problems the modem just to see if it cleared the problem nbsp

A:Network Problems

Just need to add that now the problem is occurring on both of the previously working wireless connected pcs. The only one that is seemingly unaffected is the pc that's connected to the router via cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-problems.756289/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello everyone,

Help please! I have ATT uverse and have the gateway they provide. My problem is I have 2 desktops using Netopia usb adapters. Both can not connect to the net. I have checked alot of the normal things zero configuration etc.I get the aquiring network address. It does this to it times out on both desk tops. I have a new laptop and I can connect no problem with that. I tried to ping the gateway from both desktops and it will not see the gateway.I ping it from the laptop and no problem again as it sees all the packets. I tried new adapters and etc. The only thing I did not try is to delete the software for the adapters and reload the drivers. I am out of ideas except changing the gateway which I can not do.Can somebody help please

A:Network Problems

hmm; with more than one system, you need a router between the modem and the systems

Code:
ISP==modem==router - - - system connectins
If you're lucky, the AT&T tech installed a modem/router combination unit.

What is the make/model of the box attached to your DSL or Cable connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-problems.156922/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys network problems.... im having problems with my new wireless network the main computer that has the internet connection is a g duo core with g ram and a mps netgear wireless router wtg v attached running vista bit the other computer network problems.... is a p with megs ram and has a netgear mps wireless pci adapter wg v running windows xp they are approx feet apart and the same floor of the house i have updated the drivers for the router the pci card and installed the printer dirvers on both computers also both computers do show up in the network map Here are the problems - the p is experiencing cpu usage spikes over and over when the netgear software is open the software you use to connect to the router as soon as i turn off the netgear software this stops but then the connection gets spotty and tends to disconnect this even happens when just netgear icon is in the taskbar - the p shows both the netgear wireless connection icon and the windows network connections icon in the taskbar is this normal - i have a hp officejet xi all in one printer attached through usb to the duo core but i cannot get the p to see it on the network i have share printer selected on the duo core and in the printer properties any ideas on how to fix this stuff ive been trying to get the printer to work on the p for three days now and ive read everything i can on it and nothing seems to help Thanks guys nbsp