Windows Support Forum

Need Help Burning.

Q: Need Help Burning.

Hey I just finished burning a DVD for my DVD Player. And I went to go and play it and the Audio was faster then the Video. What could cause this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Help Burning.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need Help Burning.

the codecs might have break,
or rather the burn process was interrupted, or
bad dvd have been used......

have you try burning other title to other brand of dvd media??
i suggest u to get 1 or 2 DVD-RW or DVD+RW so that you can use the re-writable media to check the result....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-burning.96099/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I decided to make a copy of my windows 7 home premium dvd,So I went about it with the use of dvd fab it copied the dvd to my folder on the hdd okay.But it has copied it as a 7zip file.
Is that normal or should it be something other.Any help Please.Should I have used another program for the job?
Thank You.

A:Burning iso to hdd

I would have used ImgBurn.

It's a 2 part procedure:

You first create an image file from the contents of the original DVD. It should be saved on your hard drive as an ISO file, not 7 zip.

You then write (burn) that ISO file to a fresh blank disk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwscW45h2YU

Above is a link that takes you through it, including getting ImgBurn.

I know nothing about DVD Fab, so don't know where you went wrong.

It is possible there is an ISO file inside that 7 zip file. You'd have to unzip it to find out. If it is an ISO inside, then all you'd have to do is burn that ISO to a disc.

Then of course confirm that it will in fact boot your PC and begin the install procedure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364317-burning-iso-hdd.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to burn a DVD of 9 video clips each at around 400Mb, all of them are AVI. I have put together a Menu, but its telling me that I can only fit 2 of these clips on. Whats the best format for burning to DVD? And does it change the format automatically to be a bigger file?

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I need help with burning cds. For some reason I can't get any of the software on my sytem to burn cds. I have Roxio, Windows Media Player and neither one will work. Can someone here help me??? I am running XP. Thanks in advance Ms. Wrenie

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi

I'm burning a CD for my first time and this is getting ugly
Nero first shows me a message saying I had to rename some files and folders because they weren't compatible with the CD file system.

"The following Joliet files or folders had to be renamed to make them compatible with the CD file system:"

And then another message show up telling me some files and folders had a wrong compilation.

"This compilation does not meet the ISO9660 standard; it contains at least one folder with pathdepth of more than 8 levels and/or a pathname longer than 255 characters. Are you sure you want to allow this?"

Guys what should I do, should I change the name of the files to a shorter name? Should I organize my files and folders diferent and how?

thanks

Alex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-help-need-it.58640/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having the strangest problem with Roxio ECDC 5(i think is the ver) I was able to burn video cd from mpeg based files for a long time then I got one of those error report errors. No I can not burn a cd using roxio for anything. I have tried re-installing and nothing seems to work. I can use other burning utilies (nero is the one i use mainly) with out any problems. I seems though when I receive the send error report message for any program I can no longer use that program for anything. Any suggestions on how to resolve my dead programs.

A:XP and cd burning

My suggestion would be to dump Roxio and stick with Nero.

When I started using XP I had all kinds of issues with Roxio so needless to say I'm now using Nero on all of my machines.....:D

It's probably one of my own quisks but I really don't like installing two different burning programs on one machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-and-cd-burning-1995.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Does anyone know how to or have a program to burn dvds using just a burner. I know it is possible. just not how to.

Relevancy 27.52%

I downloaded a iso that is zipped.When burning this to dvd do I extract it first then buurn or just burn the zipped file?
Thanks foe any info

A:ISO burning

Just extract the ISO. to your desktop or directory that suits you, then burn away.
If you dont mind me asking, what is in the ISO?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314540-iso-burning.html
Relevancy 27.52%

look anyone out their can u tell me what to use to burn a video type file called microsoft video file nero wont work and im lost now (divxmpeg4 v3 is another hint for u,s guy and girls too ofcourse ) plz help me im going crazy .

A:burning vcd

make sure you have the latest codecs installed.
the nimo pack is available here:http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html
and take a look around the divx forums for any more hints

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-vcd.134629/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all

Just installed XP today, tried to burn some CD's. The process was great, prob is I got errors on disk and made a few coasters. Is there a way to do simulated burns, or figger out why there are errors? I tried a RW disk even and now its a coaster too. Anyone else have this prob, or input about this? Adaptec software sucked, but at least I could eventually make it work. XP should at least have an error message to tell me what is wrong.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have an audio file (mp3) that I am having trouble burning to CD. The mp3 is 42 minutes long as it is an entire album. The problem is that it only burns about 20 minutes of it to the CD. When I play it in Windows Media Player it shows and plays the full 43 mins. but when I open it in Easy CD it only shows as 20 mins. long and it only burns about half of the file. Any ideas what the problem is and how to get the whole file to burn? BTW I am using EZ CD Creator 5 Platinum with all updates.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have try to burn a DVD with Nero. Before i use the Decrybter to put inside the computer. When I was playing the movie it was separeted in 5 parts. During the playing it was always changing the language after one part was finished. I was also missing the subtitel. My nero burning programm says it cannot take files more than 2 GB. Can I change it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.135344/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I use xp and windows media player. Why is it that when I burn cd's, I usually get about half way through and then I get a message that it won't work because the speed is too high? I lower the speed andstill have problems. Many times, songs are only recorded halfway. Sometimes, songs are skipped. I relize this is vauge info, so I guess I am asking for the best method of burning cd's using xp, and any tips that might help. Thanks JD

A:burning cd's

What application are you using to burn the disks?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13094/burning-cds/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi everyone I hope I'm posting in the best category for my issue I have Windows DVD's Burning Vista and I'm trying to burn DVD video that is rather lengthy The videos are Burning DVD's each Burning DVD's about to hours long Generally there are - files avi files for every movie The first couple I did just fine using Easy DVD Creator Starting with the third however I began having problems because the content was longer than was supported by a gb DVD So to try to resolve this issue I bought a pack of TDK gb hour DVD's In Easy DVD Creator I'm still getting the same error I've also tried other programs and they generally state I don't have enough space I've even tried Windows DVD Creator I had to download K-Lite Codec Pack to get it to quot work quot and it goes to of the encoding process then gives me an quot unspecified error quot Is there something I need to do to burn these DVD's I want them to play in a DVD-player not trying to burn data discs I could likely split the files using Windows Movie Maker maybe but I don't see why I can't fit an hours onto a hour DVD Is there some sort of editing I need to do Do I need to convert them to something other than AVI files Windows DVD Maker even states before burning I have minutes free on the DVD and my project doesn't come very close to that so I'm a little confused

A:Burning DVD's

Hi see this it may do it for you How to Use DVD Flick to Burn a DVD | eHow.co.uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-dvds-633429.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I download music from the net, and my question, is it possible to transfer the music program to a CD and if so can anyone suggest the easiest way to do, eg. do I need special equipment or can it be done by downloading a program which will allow me to do this.
awc

Relevancy 27.52%

hi i got a vcd of a movie (2cds) and i am having trouble playing it. i have
the bin/cue of it. i can burn it to a cd using nero and it will not play on
my dvd player..onkyo i cant remember the number right now( i checked at
dvdrhelp.com and it should work). but, if i open up the mpeg folder and
open the dat file with windows media playuer it works.

and also it works when i use daemon tools to open it from a virtual drive,
except this time it opens right away without having to open the mpeg folder,
etc. this seems to tell me the file is fine.

so my question is how do i get it to play on my dvd player (not computer)
and also how to get it to play instantly on my comp as it did from the
daemon virtual drive. thanks

A:vcd burning help

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t136314/s026ba079e227ff0cf9f0baba1d3bb43b.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vcd-burning-help.136313/
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to burn a movie (2 hours worth) on a DVD. It won't fit normally but I think there is an option called "Extended play" or something like that, that will make it that a lot more minutes can fit on a DVD but less quality.

Can anyone help, I want to put this movie on my DVD.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have all wma. music files but I want to burn it to a mp3 disc cuz my cd player cant play wma but it can play mp3, but nero only allows me to burn wma into wma disc. duz any1 know how to do this?

A:About burning a CD

Well you will need a audio converter. Look here:http://www.e-soft.co.uk/I think in the above link there free but could be a demo.And go tohttp://www.winsite.comAnd hit search winsite. Then type in wma to mp3 or similar. Once you convert the songs you can then burn them to a cd and your ready to go.Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19733/about-burning-a-cd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently downloaded Photostory 3 from microsoft. I created a story with and now want to burn it to a DVD. I currently have NERO. How do i do this?

Any Idea's?

A:Burning to DVD

i have'nt used photo story..

what u have created with it? an avi file? or an mpg ?

pl explain.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17648/burning-to-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

i have some songs emailed to me, can sombodytell me how i can burn them to a cd. i have different programs for my burner,
hope you can help me thanks . papaearle

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello all. I need serious help with my dvd burner. I have DVD X copying program on my computer. It has been working great, burned over 300 DVDs. Lately I have been burning and when the DVD +R is done only a portion of the movie is burned, causing the disk to freeze up in my DVD player. You can even turn the disk over and see where the movie has stopped burning. Has any one had this happen to them? If so, is my burner worn out? has my software gone bad? or a problem with my computer?Please please help. thanks so muchMod edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed

A:dvd burning

Is this the same type of media that you have always used??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17219/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

trying to burn an iso file

A:not burning

Are you using a DVD/CD-RW disc or an -+R disc? RW's are harder to work with. What is the manufacturer of the blank you are burning? Only use name brand blanks and not generics. (eg) Sony, Verbatim, TDK etc.
Only burn at the slowest possible speed for the medium.
If you are having problems with the built in Windows burner, download and use IMGBurn in my signature. And choose to burn Image to Disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-burning-750897.html
Relevancy 27.52%

when i burn cds can you tell if i use a cheep cd will it skip more then if buy a good name brand cd?

Relevancy 27.52%

There MUST be some computer whizzes out there that know about this I can burn a CD and copy one No problem What I need to know (please) CD Help! burning - is is there a way to burn a CD and eliminate portions of the song For instance a song that is on my hard drive that was recorded Live First part of song is a bunch of silly talking Can I burn the song somehow eliminating the talking part amp picking-up when CD burning - Help! (please) the actual music starts Or a l o n CD burning - Help! (please) g version song with a bunch of nonsense in the middle CD burning - Help! (please) Is there a way to PAUSE the burning while the songs continues on and then UNpause it to continue the burning when the nonsense is over with Ya know - like you can do when making a Cassette Tape You can Pause and pick-up the recording again anywhere you want to in a song as often as you like I have Real Player Creative Play Center PlexTools Pro unsure how to use this one yet just came with my new Plextor burner Roxio Easy CD Creator Windows Media Player MusicMatch Winamp Anyone know if this can be done and how THANKS I'm running Winndows XP but maybe this sould go under the quot Tech Talk quot forum Would think there'd be a ton of sharp guys who would know the answer to this one Thanks again

A:CD burning - Help! (please)

You need to edit out the unwanted portion prior to burning. I like the free version of Goldwave for editing audio.

http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

Charlie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-help-please-28297.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I used to have CD/RW Software Easy CD Creator 4.02E but once I up graded to XP I couldn't use it. So I dowloaded and now have the upgraded full version of WinDVD and Roxio. Things seem to work great. My only problem is that I had a couple CD's that I never closed because I was stilling adding my hotmail emails to it.....but now that I have a new software/OS, it won't read that disk. Has anyone ever come across that problem and have they resolved that problem? I'd hate to lose what I have tried to save.

Thanks!

A:Burning CD's

IsoBuster is free and might allow you to read the CDs so you can copy them to the HD: http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.129543/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I own a Dell (P4 processor, Windows XP, 1GB RAM) and I want to put a DVD burner in it. Can I just buy any burner and install it, or are there compatibility issues?

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello all. I just bought a Sony DRU510a burner. I have a few questions:

1.) Does anyone know of some very thin printable labels to put on them once burned? I don't want anything thick that will bubble up.

2.) Can anyone recommend some good burning software that has a good feature set for adding menues?
Thanks in advance!

A:DVD Burning...

I would use sonix cd/dvd label kit. And there is no question on this if your trying to burn dvd's get the new dvd xpress v3.01 allows you to burn entire disc with menu's and all on one dvd. And another have to for burning music,games,data is nero 6 ultra awsome burning software.
Kyle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.163685/
Relevancy 27.52%

CD-R are not writeable(of course,otherwise they would be a CD-RW)

Question on CD-R
---does this mean once you burn them,regardless if you used all the space on the CD-R or not ,one can not burn them any longer?

in other words,i burned only one song on a CD-R,played it,......then reinserted the CD-R to burn more...would not burn.
QUESTION 2

It is possible to record videosomewhat on a CD-R?

Relevancy 27.52%

Background: I attempted to burn some mp3's to a CD-R using Nero. I selected the convert to CDA option. Nero appeared to burn the files. When I go to play them, nothing happens.

I've looked at the file structure of the CD-R, and it appears that the files are in fact there, and do have a .cda extention...but the WMP won't play them.

Can anyone help? What did I do wrong?

Relevancy 27.52%

Is there a good program to burn mp3 data cds? I want to be able to organize the tracks in folders and move them around in any order. The reason i dont like to use Nero is that it automatically puts the tracks in alphabetical order and I cant switch it back.
Also Roxio's cd creator doesnt work well on my comp so I'm looking for something different.

Relevancy 27.52%

This is a recurring DVD burning annoyance I successfully create a DVD movie based on some video clips of Summer activities Ski Club Promotion and business presentation then burn DVDs I want to make several copies to send to friends relatives and prospects I test the resulting DVDs by playing both on my computer and the DVD deck connected to my TV Although I have used the same media same files and same version of Nero I get the following inconsistent results for various DVDs that should be Identical I tested Plays on computer but not recognized on my DVD deck Plays normally on my DVD burning DVD deck for a while but then pixelates and freezes up Plays normally on my DVD deck but not recognized or fails on a friend s equipment If it fails DVD burning on my equipment conditions and I can simply burn another That usually works but I would need to watch the movie all the way through to be sure For a disk that I send to DVD burning a friend I have no way to be sure it will work on his equipment Wish there were some quick verification test to be reasonably sure the DVD would play before I send it out This problem is very frustrating Has anyone else shared my dilemma nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Hey all. I've been using MAC OS as my operating system for the last few years and have been out of the Windows loop. I hate to ask this question because I know it's a simple answer. Just don't know what it is. I know how to burn cds with XP, but I have an old computer with 98 that I recently got back up and running and can't remember how to burn discs on it. I will be burning for the most part Word documents. Can someone help me on this? Thanks!

A:Burning cds using Win 98

You will need burning software that is compatible with your burner,
ie, nero, wincd etc...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-cds-using-win-98-a-139934.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have Windows XP, In "My Pictures" uder the tasks I am not giving the option to Copy my pictures to a CD. I am only able to View as a slide show, Order prints or Print pictures. When I go to the help section I shows that I should in deed have that option but I do not? Can you tell me what I need to do.
Sincerely,
Roxierose
Have a good night!

Relevancy 27.52%

hi. im on a dell latitude d400 notebook with ex disc player. i really dont know about burning cds/dvds and formatting them to play on dvd players etc. im not even sure if i have the required software and if so where to find it on my computer. can anyone recommend type of software and post a link to step by step instructions for buning/disc type required etc.
thanks for any help

Relevancy 27.52%

hello,

I have been using Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 to burn dvds from .avi files i have stored on my pc. i have been using dvd-rw and dvd+rs at 2X and 4X and the dvd player i have shows this messed up format with parts of the movie going everywhere....however when i fastforward or rewind the dvd it returns to how it should be, but when i press play it begins to mess up, ive tried several burns, but it never changes so it is not the dvds, i wonder if it is my player or possibly the fact the .avi files are widescreen, i do not know.

help is appreciated
dan o d

A:Help with dvd burning

do the dvd's play in the pc? i've used santadvd to convert AVI clips to .vob and then burn them to disc with good success.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-dvd-burning-104779.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Dell XPS8700. At first it had Windows 8.1 then upgraded to Windows 10. The Matshita DVD SW830 burned with no problem. Then the second update of Windows 10 installed and now the burner doesn't burn. The message was that the burn was unsuccessful and to make sure I had the correct firmware. Since there was no firmware to be found for this burner I bought a new one. Same thing! Not sure what to give you since my pc is taken apart right now. any suggestions? Maybe a new PC perhaps...uggghh

Relevancy 27.52%

I currently have XP installed on my computer and I have ran into a problem. Before things messed up, I could insert a cd-rw and just drag and drop files onto the cd. Now, the computer will not recognize a blank cd. I can still use cd burning softward to burn onto that cd, but until I do so, the computer says the drive is not accessable. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

-Stevo

A:XP cd burning

Right click on Start>Explore. Right click on your burner>Properties>Recording. Make sure there is a check mark in enable recording.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-cd-burning.139351/
Relevancy 27.52%

Howdy,

For awhile now, everytime I burn a VCD, the last half~the last quarter (it varies, but it is always the last section of the clips, never the beginning) of the clips do not have audio. I just recently burned a VCD which had 20 clips. The last 7 or so did not have audio. A similar situation has a happened before, multiple times. One time I burned about 8 clips and the last 3 or 4 did not have audio. I am using Nero Express 6.0.0.14 Gateway. I've never had any problems with Nero other than this, and the program has always worked quite well. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is occuring?

Thanks,
CMA

(P.S. I know I posted this in the removable media section, but that section doesn't seem to get hardly any visitors. Plus, you never know, it could have something to do with XP )

A:Burning a VCD....

VCD's have strict encoding standards:
352x240 [email protected] a constant bitrate of 1150bps,and audio @ 44100/196 kbs.

What is the total length of your clips in minutes? VCD uses 10 mb/minute of time, Nero could simply be dumping the audio to fit to the cd or it's encoding the audio to VCD standard and is not being successful.
It could also be a codec problem but I am not sure how.

Try burning to cd-rw to test you will not make so many coasters.
Use something besides Nero, it's great for burning but not for making VCD's try something like Tmpgenc(free for VCD-Mpeg1)for your encoding and google the last freeware copy of VCDeasy for compilation and burning. You will get much better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-a-vcd-77841.html
Relevancy 27.52%

What program do I use to burn an ISO file. I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 Basic edition and I can't do it with that program. Which program do I use will Nero Burning Work or a new version of Easy Cd Creator or another program... Please suggest one that will work the file right now is called Windows 2000 Operating System.iso its 370mb also when you mention which program to use let me know the procedure on how to make a disk. I hear that iso files should be burned on disk.

A:ISO Needs Burning

Nero will do it: http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse231/How to burn the iso's%20provided%20by%20CSE%20in%20NERO.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iso-needs-burning.122725/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've backed up some of my games to my external hard drive. But it's running out of space, so I decided I should burn these to DVDs and keep them. My question is, a normal DVD+R, is 4.3 GB approx. Now how do I burn the ISO image into them, when they are a lot bigger than that. Obviously I need to split them up. Now can anyone tell me how to split the Image up, in that way if I want to reinstall a game, I jsut have to change the disks, like the retail versions. Thank you.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi i have LG hl-dt-st dvd-ram gsa-h54n DVD-ROM

with ashampoo burning software 2009 i can burn DVD-R and CD-RW easily but cannot burn CD-R.
I have tried other softwares and diff CD-R's, i can simulate normal with them but when it starts burning after a min or so it gives me error saying cannot burn, or burning not completed.

I have already tried unintalling and reinstalling on rebooting.
I have update to latest firmware but even after all this i have wasted 2 boxes of new CD-R's trying again and again.

Please help me

A:prb Burning CD with LG

this is strange, i tried Nero 6 and burned CD-R without any prb.

Wonder why other burning softwares didnt burn it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prb-burning-cd-with-lg.845997/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I would like to know how you can take a file that?s on a DVD disk, like a game, copy it and burn it onto 2 CDR's. Does anyone know how I can do that and what program would I use to do that? Thank you in advance for your input.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-38358.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a DVD that i made of my nephews VMI basketball game and i need help burning a copy!

A:DVD Burning

What burning software do you have on your PC?

How did you make the first DVD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.848325/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a toshiba satellite A205, when I try to burn a cd it goes down the list burning, but when finished the cd is blank or about two seconds of the first song only

A:cd burning

Have you tried burning with a different program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.848140/
Relevancy 27.52%

i dont burn a lot of cds, never really could till i got a new computer, which i have. But i am not too sure of burning cds now that i can and want to. First thing i burned one music cd that has songs from online, and it plays fine in the computer cd-rom, but in my sterio if u change songs it takes longer than other cds ever did. than one my protable cd player the cd skips on most songs, and this last through out atleast half the song. so why would this happen and how can i fix it?

Second, i only ever burned music cds, so now i want to burn files that are on another cd and on the HD. I only have one cd-rom if that matters. What is the best way to do this?

A:CD-burning

hi snoop,

first post your hardware specs so that will help us solve the problem. for a problem like this there are a number of things that play a role. one your burner, maybe you got a faulty burner, maybe you need to update the firmware of the burner, change the ide cable that connects the burner to the motherboard.

another is your media. i remember when i bought GQ cd media, most of my songs would skip when i put the cd on the stereo. alot of the cds didnt even worked. another factor is probably your burning software. try updating the software if there are any updates. good luck and keep posting if you need more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-49946.html
Relevancy 27.52%

My cd burner is burning very slow (takes about 15 minutes), how can I resolve this problem.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I am having a lot of troubles burning this one DVD. I am burning my DVD on NeroVision Express 3. When I try to burn one of my movies it says that I am over and I cannot burn the movie. Now my DVD's are 4.7 GB capicity. The movie is a little over 4.3 GB and it says it's over the space. Now is there a way I can overburn or something to get my movie on DVD. It's only over like 20mbs and I'm getting very frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateCohen

Hello, I am having a lot of troubles burning this one DVD. I am burning my DVD on NeroVision Express 3. When I try to burn one of my movies it says that I am over and I cannot burn the movie. Now my DVD's are 4.7 GB capicity. The movie is a little over 4.3 GB and it says it's over the space. Now is there a way I can overburn or something to get my movie on DVD. It's only over like 20mbs and I'm getting very frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

use dvdshink.com which you can get at doom9.org

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-burning-50650.html
Relevancy 27.52%

If you don't have a burning system in your computer, is it possible to be able to burn cd's by just downloading some software? And if so, what kind of software?

A:CD burning.

Its your choice... whatever burning software you want. I personally like Nero, just cuz its user friendly and it has everything...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-52115.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Anyone who can Help I'm totally Stumped!!

Question: I'm trying to burn audio recordings onto a CD-R. Once I burn the CD and it closes, the file name is not copied and the properties on the file state the file was burned December 17, 1994??

It does this no matter what program I use to burn the CD. Media player, Sonic, drag and drop the files from desktop to D Drive, Etc. When I play the audio it only says Track 1.

Can anyone help!!!

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-cds-52850.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,

I am having a little trouble burning a VHS tape to a DVD disc. My wife had been looking for a movie for a long time and finally found it. Problem is of course, is that it's on VHS. Well her mother has a DVD burner she we thought she could purchase the VHS and then just simply burn it to a DVD.

Problem is, when I press the record button on the DVD recorder, I get a message saying protected material. It won't let me burn the VHS to the DVD.

I had heard a while back about the movie companies and such placing "codes" or something on tapes to prevent you from recording them to another tape.

Is there a way I can go around this or what can I do short of waiting until the movie comes out on DVD?

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 27.52%

I have Windows XP and I have a movie that is in .WMV format. How can I burn it onto a DVD using Nero Burning ROM 8? I think it can only use ISO files?

A:DVD burning.

You need the Nero suite, specifically Nero Vision I think, to make a DVD out of a wmv file.

DVDFlick (www.dvdflick.net) is free and can do the job.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.854113/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey guys whatsup, i download many movies, many in avi, wmv and dvix local format. I have nero burning suite 6.0, How would I burn a movie onto the dvd so that it would play on a dvd player? I know nero converts files when burning, but what option would i choose? Or does anyone recommend an easy to use program? It would be greatly appreciated.

A:Burning Dvd Help

I doubt we will be allowed to answer this, due to the nature of how you get the movies, if they were home movies however we could probably tell you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-dvd-help-139468.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I've tried a few different programs (Nero and Acoustica) and they both give me the same error messages, so I'm wondering if anyone out there might recognize a hardware/config problem.

Here's the message:

ERROR: 'Write' command failed on device 3:1:0 unexpected
ASPI error (04h 00h 00h) Last burn speed was 4

Haven't seen anything on either software site that relates to this error, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

My drive is a LITE-ON LRT-52246S SCSI, and I'm running WinXP.

Thanks in advance!

A:CD burning

I think this means you need the ASPI drivers loaded.

Try uninstalling the software and drivers, and reinstalling. Take note of any option to install the ASPI drivers.

Try a search on Google for your drive, and ASPI drivers. (By the way, are you sure of the type? LRT? Do you mean LTR?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.187694/
Relevancy 27.52%

Thanks for responding.
I'm not really burning but pretty soon I will.
I've had a virus on my system for about an year now but recently i upgraded my anti-virus and removed it. but it had proliferated my computer so much right now i open some windows and they just close themselves before I'm done using them. Affected applications are mainly the desktop properties (so i cant change my wallpaper) and the wizards especially Add hardware wizard. See why I'm burning?
Kindly help.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-im-burning.685842/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I have a HP CD-Writer Series 82000e plus and I have having trouble burning a cd.
I have had "Buffer underruns" which I understand somewhat. I don't know if it is caused by the writer or the disc is to fast.

The writer burns at 4x600 kbs, or 2x300 or 1x150 kbs. I am assuming that the 4x600 is the slower speed. I have noticed that when the cd starts to burn it gives a burn time of approx. 16 minutes, however when time gets within 4minutes left it fails.

I might mention that I am using nero smart start-with cdRomburn..

It was suggested that maybe the discs I am using are high speed discs. I don't know enough about that to figure this out. I am using memorex CD-R52x700mb's 80 mins.

I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

Thanks

A:Burning CD's

The slowest speed is the 1 x 150.

What are the specifications of the PC that you are using to do the burning with?

The buffer under-run is where the PC cannot keep up with the data required.

Also you should never use the PC for any other task when burning.

Is this an external or internal CD drive? What WIndows version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.453609/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just got a new Sony DVD burner to burn the video files off of my computer. The videos are a .avi, and I was told to burn a dvd, i should convert it to a .VOB, which I did but the files I burned wern't veiwable on a DVD player. I put the video files into the video_ts folder.

How do I burn .vob files? Should I convert my video into another format?

Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Windows Media Player series that won t burn cds After I downloaded music and created a playlist I was unable to burn my cd At the top of my media player it said Copy quot All Music quot to quot Roxio CD Burning quot but when I clicked quot Copy quot a box appeared that said quot No devices capable of burning disks were found on your system Please check your hardware and drive connections and try again quot I don t understand what s going on because in the quot Status quot field after I pressed quot Copy quot it showed that it was completed however no Burning CDs Help songs were burned I even Help Burning CDs tried downloading a Roxia trial offer and a box appeared that said quot No recorder quot But I proceeded to Help Burning CDs try again and still nothing I don t want to keep downloading programs that s just going to take up space on my computer without being useful nbsp

A:Help Burning CDs

Obvious things -

1.Go into the properties of the CD drive in My computer.Make sure "allow CD burning from this drive is checked"

2.Go into the Device Manager and make sure it`s recognized and doesn`t have a problem.

3.Reinstall CD drivers and associated software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-burning-cds.48320/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,

First of all I hope I'm posting in the right forum!! Anyway, I am the using Nero StartSmart 'Burn DVD-Video Files' to try and create a DVD that will play in a DVD player from a .avi file. The problem is that when I drag the file I want to burn in the appropriate section the 'burn' option is not highlighted. I then tried the 'Make Video CD' option; in this case the file is then too large for the blank DVD disc.

Could it be i need to convert the .avi file to a different one?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

A:Burning Dvd

Sorry I don't have any specifics for you, but I found these 4 articles that discuss .avi to DVD using Nero.There might be some information in there that you can use. Sefy's DVD Backup Guide v2.6 How to convert an NTSC (23.976 fps) XviD file to a PAL DVD How to create Anime DVD's from MKV, OGM, and AVI filesHow to convert DivX to DVDR using DVD2SVCDIf none of these help, try searching the site I got the links from, videohelp.com, as there's a load of information on CD/DVD burning and conversions.This is a great resource site for anything video related.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60855/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have windows XP on a computer but i need to reformat my hard drive, buti lost the XP disk so is there anyway to burn xp to a disk

A:Burning XP

Call Microsoft, tell them you lost your disk, they might be able to send you another if you can prove to them you bought it. If its a store bought comp without a official XP install disk then you will have to call the manufacturer of the computer and ask for restore disks for your model comp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-xp.19982/
Relevancy 27.52%

Can anyone shed some light on the procedures to burn a program
with an ISO file extension?

A:Burning iso

Depends on the burning software you are using. All it is is an image of something. Use the file > burn image option. That's what it is in Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-iso.64441/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm currently using WinXP Pro SP x and using CDBurnerXP My optical drive is Lite-On iHAP Burning .iso a DVD IDE DVD-RAM It's a DVD Multi Recorder drive labeled for DVD R DL and RW discs The iso file is GB and CDBurnerXP won't burn it because it won't fit the disc which is labeled as GB capacity Google search gave tons of results that say it's something to do with discs being Burning a .iso DVD labeled GB in the sense of GB MB whereas GB really is MB The iso file I'm trying to burn is an OS so it's supposed to fit a standard DVD - R disc I don't know anything about overburn never tried such feature before but still risked it and got same error saying the disc doesn't have enough space The discs I use are TDK - x GB DVD R and never before seen such an error come up with iso files this large Any suggestions Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place it seemed the most relevant here but maybe I'm wrong Thanks

A:Burning a .iso DVD

Is there anything non essential that can be removed from the .iso? I have had to do this a few times to fit a DVD. Other than burning to dual layer disk, maybe creating a bootable flash drive (or similar) to house the .iso data would be an option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504688/burning-a-iso-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

When I try to burn a DVD I have to use 2 discs. I burn the first half on one disc and when i try to burn the second half on another disc I get a error message when it tries to complete it, The n=message is:

Could not complete the last command because: Invalid requested time ( DVDErr.-19004)

I am using Sonic MY DVD 5

I had a previous problem with Sonic caused by DIVX and I corrected it but I am now having problems with this.

A:Dvd Burning

Which DVD burner do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85393/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi all i was wondering if someone coulld help me out, when ever i try and burn an AVI or even back up my son's dvd's in dvd shrink it will shut down my computer. i have tryed nero, dvd santa and still same thing thanks for you time.

A:Burning Dvd

How much RAM do you have, and how much free space do you have on your hdd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88606/burning-dvd/
Relevancy 27.52%

i'm trying to burn a copy of vista. my computer with vista on it is kapoot but i have the serial number. so i downloaded a legit iso of vista onto my mac and i burnt it to dvd. however when i put it in my pc (my old one that can't handle vista and doesn't have a dvd burner (but i'm trying out the dvd to make sure it works when i install my new mobo)) it shows up as an iso file on the dvd. open the iso and everything is there but i need the dvd to be bootable, not a data disk....

what do i need to do to create a bootable vista dvd?

A:burning iso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpOXuzMMD8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-iso.752069/
Relevancy 27.52%

I recently created a photo montage with audio using windows movie maker. I saved it as a wmv file. I realized when I put it in my dvd player (for the tv) that it does not support that format. I was told I had to convert it to mpeg. It was suggested that I useTPMGEnc to do that. I downloaded it from the new freeware website. I tried to convert the file, but it cam up as a tpr file that is only supported by TPMGEnc. So I tried to convert that file. In the save project area I told it to save as mpeg. But when it was finished it had 2 parts to it, a w2v and wma file. HELP! I am a novice and really want to get this thing into a format that can be read by a usual dvd player. Thanks PCClan

A:dvd burning

try this site for help, lots of guides, tools, and links to software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.172379/
Relevancy 27.52%

We're using Roxio Burning Software. We're downloading MP3's from the internet. Sometimes the songs burn ok. Sometimes the first song won't play or the CD won't finalize. Any Help?

A:MP3 burning

If you are using RW switch to CDR. If you are already using CDR switch brands. Reliable brands are Fuji, Sony, TDK, and Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden. There are more but you will probably find some of those around.

Make sure you burn disc at once or DAO. It writes the table of contents first that way and there is no chance of its running out of space before it can write the TOC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-burning.69830/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello
I have few files that I bought from a online shop and are re-selling! is it possible to 'lock' it so no-one else can burn it and give me them out for free? Doesn't need to be really high encrpytion as I am selling it for my school friends, Just so I am no paying so much for just to be resold for free! So if you do any CD Encrpyting programs which are FREE please post here!

Thanks!

PS: Even after encryption it still needs to be read-able only. These are .pdf files which cannot be copied or burnt!

A:Cd Burning!

Is this really a Windows XP question?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39211/cd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Huge problem My PC is Windows XP Professional At first I had only a CD-RW Drive H Then I installed a DVD-Ram Drive I I started burning DVDs using Nero and everything went well for a while until it started failing to complete the burning process and showing error reports I tried several things a defragmenting the drive where the files to be burnt are b uninstalling and reinstalling Nero c updating Nero d checking the quot enable CD recording on this Drive quot option in the Drive s properties which by the way unchecks itself after a while despite my clicking quot Apply quot and quot OK quot But nothing doing I started digging through and to my total surprise I noticed that the Drives H and I exchanged places in the sense that CD-RW Drive became I and DVD Ram Drive became H CD/DVD Burning And that the first is not recognized by any burning tool Nero Windows Media Player I addressed technical support at Nero and they suggested among other things which I didn t quite comprehend upgrading the firmware of the DVD Ram from the manufacturer Burning CD/DVD s site Samsung in my case This too I tried but kept getting an error message that says quot the firmware is not compatible with the selected drive quot despite the fact that the drive is automatically selected This all sounds crazy I know So I am attaching the infotool text hoping it would shed some light on this maze nbsp

A:Burning CD/DVD

I guess my problem put everybody off !
However, I have good news to share with you all, IT IS SOLVED !!
:bounce:
I was advised by the Nero support staff to uninstall all Nero products from my computer using Nero special CleanTool, which you can get from ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool.zip, and then download the latest version from Nero's site.
How about that !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-cd-dvd.82035/
Relevancy 27.52%

does anyone know how I can download music straight to a cd on my just burn without actually putting it on my harddrive Thanks

A:burning to cd

You have to put it on the hard drive first otherwise you get buffer problems and create coasters !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-to-cd.52424/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Guys Is it possible to (alter) increase or decrease the volume when copying a CD. Not my puter but will get any additional info need for an answer.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have a 3 hour Video on my hard drive. I'm trying to copy that file onto a DVD. i have a DVD burner, as well as a external DVD burner. The external dvd burner has s-video, and dv inputs, as well as the basic 3 plugs (audiovideo). I have the Sony DVD DIRECT External burner model VRD-VC20 ( http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review2700.html ). I have the USB input for it I have the wire. Do I need any programs? Any specific software. My main goal is getting that amount of minutes onto the DVD. I'm thinking burning it in "LP" mode. Can someone help me?

Thanks ahead of time.

INeedGmail!! said:

My main goal is getting that amount of minutes onto the DVD. I'm thinking burning it in "LP" mode. Can someone help me?
.Click to expand...

What do you want to do with it once you get on DVD, play on a TV like a regular DVD or just on your computer?

What format is the video in now and how big is it in filesize?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.461000/
Relevancy 27.52%

I picked up a DVD burner and I m having no luck at all getting a DVD to work I m converting AVI to MPEG And using Virtual Dub to seperate the audio and the video Then using the B s recorder gold wizard I burn the DVD Then all is well untill I try to watch it on my DVD player and all I get is quot Disc error quot It s not the player it s equipped to play DVD-R-RW and VCD I have no idea what I m doing wrong except for wrecking about blank DVD s which ain t cheap My question is does anyone know a program that will DVD's Burning convert the files AND burn them to DVD for tech Burning DVD's stupid people like me Or point me to a site that can help I should add that the new burner burns audio and MP s fine Thanks and a HAPPY NEW YEAR I Burning DVD's know it s early but what Burning DVD's the heck nbsp

I'm not sure you can assume it's not the player. I've discovered that there is a large gulf between the advertising copy and the actual capability of many disk players. Have you tried it on different players?

FWIW, I had to make myself a bunch of disks in my quest for a DVD player. I made a DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, VCD, and an MP3 disk. Then I went around to stores and tried my battery of disks. I bought the player that would handle them all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvds.190599/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been trying to burn movies. Can anyone tell me how to burn movies. What software? Please don't give the illegal jargon.

There is a program that I use called Magic DVD Ripper that lets me copy movies to my hard drive and then I use Ashampoo Movie Shrink and Burn 2 to fit the whole video onto 1 CD. If you use any movie copying program make sure that you have plenty of space on your hard drive because depending on the format you copy it into the file could take up as much as 10 GB.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21352/dvd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm not sure if this is the correct board to be posting this topic, but here goes. I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to burning video files to a disc to watch on my DVD player(which also plays VCD format, as well as mp3's). What is the software utility that is used to do this? I have a few video files that I want to watch on my player, but they are currently in avi-format. How do I convert them?

A:Burning avi's to VCD

Have a butchers at the following website:-

www.vcdhelp.com

It goes into great detail what software to use, and gives detailed tutorials and guides to convert different formats of movies...

Hope this helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-avis-to-vcd.2786/
Relevancy 27.52%

whenever i burn a cd using WMP, it always has to put that 2 second gap there... is there a way to go around? thanx

A:WMP CD burning

WMP = Windows Media Player

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27876/wmp-cd-burning/
Relevancy 27.52%

Does anybody know of any CD Burning software that supports the new 780 MB and 900 MB disc sizes?

Thanks.

Relevancy 27.52%

i've had a cd burner for a while and just got a dvd player... is it possible to burn a dvd with my cd burner? (and could someone tell me the difference between a dvd and a video disc?)

any help appreciated, thanks