Windows Support Forum

Notebook network issue (death machine)

Q: Notebook network issue (death machine)

Hi all just need a little help from you smarter people.

I have lots of devices on my wireless all work fine until this Hp notebook starts it seems to kick everything else off the network. So now called the death machine by all the family. Is this just a setting on the notebook that causes this? It happens on all networks that it joins to and stops as soon as the computer goes back into sleep.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks Oli

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Notebook network issue (death machine)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Notebook network issue (death machine)

Likely you have an IP address conflict - - two machines with the same address.
This will cause problems with everything attached to that same router (wifi or wired).

Make sure ALL devices do not use manual settings but rather use automatic DHCP for both IP and DNS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-network-issue-death-machine.193051/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell network issue Vista Machine New XPS Studio w Vista Home Premium w g of Ram i proc In the last week I have been having a really disturbing problem with my network connection By the way I have auto updates turned off and I have SP installed Actually SP solved New Machine Vista network issue the problem to an extent In the system tray the icon for network was healthy for two weeks into my new purchase I had shut down the pc because I was to be a way for a day or two I come back the network icon has the big red x on it however I am able to connect to the internet I was not able to explore my network go to quot my computer quot control panel or New Machine Vista network issue anythingthat would help me determine what the problem was while it was happening Over the passage of time - hours the network icon New Machine Vista network issue corrected itself and was showing the nice blue circle on it I have now determined that every time I restart my machine I have this problem and with no network access to shared drives or printers you might understand the frustration I was experiencing the Black Screen of Death before SP was installed Remember this machine is less than three weeks old I am not a newbie to window and the problems making me want to drink some Mac koolaide nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to help a friend Installed on to it won't machine now printer print W7 XP machine, network get her new Win- machine set up I used the printer set-up wizard to install a networked printer in the new machine with absolutely no problem Proved it would print from that machine Now I get a call informing me that her old XP machine which had been printing to the network printer with no problems will no longer print Documents go into the print queue but they don t get printed No error messages show up I did some Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it messing around via remote access and finally removed the printer with the intention of reinstalling it Scanning for network printers turned up several redundant instances of the same printer with Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it different names Some are identified as quot invalid quot some a quot access denied quot Bottom line I can t get any of the selections to install On the Win- machine I did find a window that indicated that the printer is designated as being shared but I didn t explicitly set it for sharing when I installed it Also I somehow got to a window that told me that for printers that were to be shared with other versions of windows I could optionally install drivers to support such machines Didn t have the driver disk handy and took the window down Now I can t even find it again I need some help in sorting this all out Part of the problem is that out there in quot network land quot there are redundant remnants of previous installations that are being remembered inappropriately I d really like to clean up all that trash but don t know how to get rid of it nbsp

A:Installed network printer on W7 machine, now XP machine won't print to it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-network-printer-on-w7-machine-now-xp-machine-wont-print-to-it.1008368/
Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings;

My wife works at a fitness club and they recently had to replace the office XP machine and purchased a new one with Vista, They had the two machince networked together before one at the front counter and the other in the office, I can not get the new Vista machine networked at all I have searched the internet looking for answers and have tried a few things but have had no success what so ever. Is there anyone willing to help or is there a step by step website that might have good information on this subject. I have the workgroups the same on each machine. I'm lost please help

Smitty

Relevancy 51.6%

I am getting the blue screen of death (see attached) and would like help fixing the problem so that I can get back to work. I am running Windows 7 Pro, 16 Gigs RAM, on Intel PC.

---

ps - I downloaded TSG Sysinfo but I am not using the problem PC to get help. I'm using a different machine.

A:Blue Screen of Death (new machine)

If it's a new machine is it under Warranty? If so I'd return it for replacement/refund.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-new-machine.1106086/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm trying to load XP Pro on to a HP Notebook dv6 i7 7000. I did the required slipstream OS-CD addition of the SATA AHCI drivers, which allowed me to get past the common 0x0000007B error and to the "Welcome to Setup" blue screen. At this point it shows that screen for about 4 seconds then the whole system shuts down. The keys do not respond during that 4 seconds. I don't know what to do from here.

A:Can't Install XP Pro on to an HP Notebook dv6 (intel) i7 machine

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-xp-pro-on-to-an-hp-notebook-dv6-intel-i7-machine-857761.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone!
its my firs time here....

i wish someone could help me here.

i have a brand new notebook cq40-609 tu, it has a pre-installed OS win7. after a day of purchase i try to update the windows, then an hour after i encounter a BSOD, when it restart the HD is not detected.

please help

A:Blue Screen of Death on new notebook with Windows 7

Our best advice to you is to immediately take it back to where you have purchased it and have them fix it. It is under warrenty and this is their issue, not yours though you have to suffer with it.

Your laptop is the latest release in HP's Compaq line.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-on-new-notebook-with-windows-7.147622/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys!

In the summer of '10, I bought an Asus K70ID notebook. When I first started it, everything seemed allright. But when I started installing software, the BSOD appeared.. There are weeks were I don't notice anything, and everything works good, but sometimes he just crashes 6 times in a row..

The message says that I have to delete newly installed files and try again, but I did, and the BSOD still appears.. It mostly appear when I use my processor a lot (iTunes, MSN, gaming etc.)

I phoned the story I bought it from, and they told me that I had to put it back to factory settings. I did, but still the BSOD appears..

Can somebody help me?

Specification:
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
Ram: 4GB
System:64 bits
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - pre-installed

PS: Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm Dutch

A:Blue Screen Of Death Asus notebook

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/171910-blue-screen-death-asus-notebook.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have tried to install Windows XP pro sp2 on my virtual machine and both times I tried to install it, in the beginning of installation, it goes to the "Blue screen" what could cause this and how can I go about fixing it?

A:Blue Screen of death caused by Virtual Machine

What kind of virtual machine do you use?
What does BSOD say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317090/blue-screen-of-death-caused-by-virtual-machine/
Relevancy 50.31%

No idea how it happend buy my notebook seems to send thousands of emails from the background every minute which results my ADSL Of Machine. Some Spam My Itselfs Transfered Kind In Notebook line to block and a router restart is required I am not using any email programs on this PC it's exclusive used for browsing and design work I did several My Notebook Transfered Itselfs In Some Kind Of Spam Machine. Trojan Scans Malware Antivirus Adware etc etc but no My Notebook Transfered Itselfs In Some Kind Of Spam Machine. results I discoverd the problem with some simple packet sniffer which send all the time background packages each time with a new local port I wanted to check which application is using this PORT with quot Active Ports quot from www ntutility com but this let's me know PROCESS UNKNOWPID Each packet sniffer used port as remote port and used each time a new local port As exampleLocal Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port The same happends with Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Local Port gt Remote Port Each time it attemps to connect to some new IPI tried to block the remote port and port which has no success I tried to close all services running no success Ok i do realize reinstalling my xp would be faster but hey i want to find out what is the problem Some example of some port package---- E hsb F D F com E hsb F D F C C F com F D A D C C C C mail C F F D A E D ma C C C C C F F D il A D C C C C mail ' F D C D B C D M C D B C I M S B C D B C SK M S B C D B SK M Some example of some port Package----Date Sat Apr From quot Pont Strauf quot lt blackhead motohaus lu gt X-Mailer The Bat ProfessionalReply-To Pont Strauf lt blackhead motohaus lu gt X-Priority Normal Message-ID lt motohaus lu gt To lt landis hanmail net gt Subject cytologistMIME-Version Content-Type multipart alternative boundary quot ----------CA F D DC quot ------------CA F D DC Content-Type text plain charset iso- - Content-Transfer-Encoding quoted-printableHello Increaase Sexual EEnergy and Pleasuure http q ri z og qd blogspot com And owen watching took her pallor for the ashy of goldthread on stiff ultramarine tissue which carry us threemen and our when the raft was finished most of them carryinghand bags During rehearsals want yes said ellie i knowwhat you mean But about arthur because he thought hettywould be whiskers dark eyes husky voice tooth missingpreposterous for words They had quite an excited gordon they think he stabbed his cousin My sakes With a bump then again the mischievous ants one jump in her nightgown just before going to want me he said and he offered nohumorous remarks a living brain You will be annihilatedin the ob serve the round hole through the chainmail saidemily Don't be indelicate And anyway she ishbnhiieaaaakbmfi ------------CA F D DC Content-Type text html chars Host Name Servernicname tcp whoisdomain tcp Domain Name Serverdomain udp Domain Name Serverbootps udp dhcps Bootstrap Protocol Serverbootpc udp dhcpc Bootstrap Protocol Clienttftp udp Trivial File Transfergopher tcpfinger tcphttp tcp www www-http World Wide Webkerberos tcp g gt lt p gt lt st rong gt lt strong gt lt p gt And owen watching took her pallor for the ashy of gold lt br gt thread on stiff ultramarine tissue which carry us three lt br gt men and our when the raft was finished most of them carrying lt br gt hand bags During rehearsals want yes said ellie i know lt br gt what you mean But about arthur because he thought hetty lt br gt would be whiskers dark eyes husky voice tooth mis sing lt br gt preposterous for words They had quite an excited gordon lt br gt they think he stabbed his cousin My sakes With a bump lt br gt then again the mischievous ants one jump in her nightgown lt br gt just before going to want me he said and he offered no lt br gt humorous remarks a living brain ... Read more

A:My Notebook Transfered Itselfs In Some Kind Of Spam Machine.

Hi,The current formatting of your log makes it difficult to read, so in notepad:On top, click Format >uncheck Word WrapThen, * Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixThis includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet.Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142612/my-notebook-transfered-itselfs-in-some-kind-of-spam-machine/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

Hope you all doing good !!

Am trying to connect my vm machine on a host server from another machine in the same network, however its not successful. Below are the details:

Host machine- win 7

IPv4: 192.168.11.120
gateway- 192.168.11.1

VM machine- win 2008 server r2

IPv4: 192.168.22.140
gateway- 192.168.22.2
DHCP- disable
DNS server- 192.168.22.2

RDC enable from firewall
static IP as in IPv4
user with Admin rights created

Tried in both the below settings.
VM settings in Bridge
VM settings in NAT- host-9997, ip:192.168.22.140 vm port: tried both 22 and 3389

I can connect the host machine from another computer in the same network. Also I can connect the VM from host via RDC in the same machine, but not able to connect the VM from another computer in the same network.

Please let me know where is exact issue is and what am missing.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399158-connecting-vm-machine-another-machine-same-network.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am setting up a computer for a user in an office The user can access all her required network share folders from her existing computer and from any other computer in the office The computer we are setting up for her is denied access to the two network shares that she needs to be able to access We are able to map the drives but get quot You do not have permission to access computer folder Contact your network administrator quot We are able to access shared folders on the same machine that contains the folders for which access is denied There are two shared folders with this problem One is on a domain server the other is shared on a workstation There is acess to other shared folders on either of these machines Access is only denied to the folders that we need to map I have also tried logging on to the problem machine as another user with administrative privileges and get the same permission denied error message So it appears that the problem is network. shares from on one machine network access Can't a on the Windows Can't access network shares from one machine on a network. machine not on the server since the problem is not experienced from any other computer on the network I have tried turning off the firewall renaming the computer and logging on Can't access network shares from one machine on a network. as a different user We have also looked in Group Policy for any policy settings but didn't see anything obvious I am not fully knowledgeable about Group Policy editing so I could be overlooking something in Group Policy Would appreciate any help or suggestions for fixing this Sam

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/00400469-81f0-47be-8661-c57a15758285/cant-access-network-shares-from-one-machine-on-a-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.87%

Good evening I've a bit of drop single for Network on machine network. a problem that has showed its head just recently I've a Network drop for single machine on network. home network setup for my two desktop PC's and two wireless devices Iphone for both Coaxial line comes in hits our cable modem from modem I've run a foot ethernet cable to the other side of the room where I've got a Belkin Wireless router and have wired two connections to each PC Machines A and B for the sake of explanation Approximately - days ago we began having trouble The machines started losing connectivity at random times This loss of connectivity would cause system hangs if we had google chrome or any online games open Would generally only last about between - seconds before clearing up though Network drop for single machine on network. we've Network drop for single machine on network. had a couple that were - minutes long It never happened to both systems at the same time Only ever one would drop out Machine B had the most trouble with it happening every to minutes at one point and making some games unplayable League of Legends being the game that was the hardest hit Machine A has it less often but I've been seeing high packet loss for games like Warthunder League of Legends and applications like Teamspeak Where everyone gets all robot-voiced and I am unable to understand what is normally very clear At first I thought it might be simple thing So I refreshed the entire network Everything got shut down and off Started up with the modem Waited until it was completely online then turned on the router Waited until that was completely online and then turned on the PC's No effect I ran through a few google searches trying things No effect Replaced the router as the other one was years old No effect Cables were replaced No effect I'm at a loss here for what could be doing this outside of hardware failure somewhere but it happening sporadically to both machines makes that seem unlikely I looked through the networking sticky and ran the tests Going to post them below with the PC's stats Machine A was able to get through all of the tests but on Machine B Zoek's didn't want to finish It sat there for nearly six hours appearing to not have moved Yet every time I clicked on the program it said it was still working Both machines have the following equipment in them built custom Names taken from Newegg which is where I bought the parts from ASRock Extreme AM AM AMD SB x SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS AMD FX- Vishera -Core GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W FD FRHKBOX Desktop Processor Crucial MX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD CT MX SSD Seagate NAS HDD ST VN TB MB Cache SATA Gb s Internal Hard Drive CORSAIR RM Series RM W ATX V v and EPS PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE DUAL-X Radeon HD DirectX - L GB -Bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card One machine I am not certain which has G SKILL Value Series GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL S- GBNT x for a total of gb RAM The other machine has G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - C D- GXH for a total of gb RAM Both are running Windows -bit Machine A got a free upgrade to home from Microsoft I purchased a Home version for Machine B when the free upgrade did not work Here are the logs for Machine A AdwCleaner AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Home x Username Toast - NEM Running from C Users Toast Downloads adwcleaner exe Option Cleaning Support Forum - ToolsLib Services Folders Files - File Deleted C Users Toast AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Local Storage hxxp st chatango com localstorage - File Deleted C Users Toast AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles gvtk c default- user js DLLs Shortcuts Scheduled tasks Registry - Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Low Rights ElevationPolicy D - CE - E- - A A D - Key Delet... Read more

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/127685-network-drop-single-machine-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My notebook internal fan isn't spinning at high speed even while gaming.It seems it is running at a constant speed all the time.When I bought it,the fan speed used to vary time to time.Also facing lag issues while gaming.I think I am facing the issue after upgrading to windows 10. My BIOS is up to date to the latest version.(F43)Also using HP coolsense 2.2.Although there is no coolsense for windows 10 in hp support & driver website for my product.I am using the coolsense software given for windows 8.1 Can it be a BIOS issue?What sould I do?Is there any method to diagnose the fan?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-Fan-Issue/td-p/5811112
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Acer Aspire 6920

And it has been through a lot, I mean tons and tons of reformatting new OS every other week and I have messed with just about everything on the system...

Recently I have noticed that my fan will run at 100% or 75% all the time and will never fully slow down even when my CPU usage is pretty much 0.

I have tried many programs on Windows and Linux to try and control the speed manually, but none of them seem to be able to get any readings for the fans and therefore are useless. I have checked all the internal temperatures and they are fine though.

I have tried changing the fan speed in my BIOS but see absolutely no option to do anything like that at all (seems that my BIOS is extremely limited)

Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?

Relevancy 45.58%

help me..
my notebook problem in unistal program..

A:Notebook issue

Quote: Originally Posted by asiacell

help me..
my notebook problem in unistal program..

Welcome Asiacell to the windows 7 forum.

You have to be a bit more specific about your problem.
What exactly do you want to do with your netbook?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238067-notebook-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My NSW Year DER Laptop has just stopped working Its Notebook Issue the School Laptop that Every year student gets in NSW Australia for free However it has stopped working it doesnt boot up when i press the power button it makes a two piece tone ill put the link to a sound recording to the tone at the bottom but it shows the first boot screen then before it would move on to a black screen with a white line blinking after about minutes But now it does the first screen for about seconds then turns Notebook Issue off It has Pheonix bios with revision runs Windows and im pretty sure its bricked Need help ASAP and please dont tell me to bring it in to the TSO or teacher i just want some Notebook Issue info just in case its something i can easily fix Notebook Issue as all my school work and everything is on and as my TSO Tech Support Officer of my school is a dumbass she doesn t fix laptops regardless she just throws it out and orders a new one which is a waste The laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge DER Special Edition its about months old and slow as anything and EVERYTHING is restricted pretty much Processor Intel Celeron U Operating System Microsoft Windows Enterprise Display Inch Glossy LCD with Intel Graphics Accelerator MHD Color Midnight Black Glossy Matte Rainforest Green Glossy RAM GB DDR MHz Hard Drive GB RPM Networking Ethernet Port Integrated Wireless BGN Battery -Cell Li-On Battery C amp P From wikipedia http en wikipedia org wiki ThinkPad Edge Edge DER Special Edition And for gods sake please don t go on about how we don t deserve it and a waste of taxpayers money I AGREE It is a crappy and ugly brick that the government is retarded enough to give to students who treat it like crap and play games on it all day however im not one of those people we only even use it like times a week but i need it for importance of about heres the bootscreen http www shared com photo J tQsEpz IMAG html sound of the tone http www shared com file YXg dBsL Voice html i tried to look up the bios beep code but i dont understand how to write it as eg - - - or however so i dont have a clue please help Thanks Dale nbsp

A:Notebook Issue

You can check the FAQ's here for troubleshooting ideas.

Try removing the battery and booting using only AC power. Or using batter only and see if the symptoms change. Try removing and reseating the RAM and removing/reseating the HDD (hard disk drive).

Aside from that, there isn't anything the average person can do.

As for your data, ensure you get the new laptop before you return the broken one. You can remove the HDD and connect it to another PC using a USB adapter and likely retrieve all of your files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-issue.1017578/
Relevancy 45.58%

I Got An Old Dell Inspiron 3800 Notebook, I Connected It To The Tv Via S-video Port, And Everything Seemed Ok, But After The Welcome Screen, The Tv Showed No Signal. What Can I Do?

A:Notebook Issue

You proably just need to emable TV out in Windows. By defualt its disabled so as soon as Windows loads the TV single goes off. Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings and then click Advanced and find the settings for the TV out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-issue.307120/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a p p network with one Win V machine two Win V machines a win k macnine and a new winXP one One Win V machine supplies Internet Connection Services and this machine can t see the name of the XP machine in network neighbourhood The XP to network other Win machine machine peer won't peer access XP one on machine Win XP machine won't access one other machine on peer to peer network can see the ICS machine s name but gives a path not found error if I click on it ICS works even to the Win XP machine won't access one other machine on peer to peer network XP machine and all computers can ping all others If I find the IP address of the XP machine Win XP machine won't access one other machine on peer to peer network and put that in an LMHOSTS file on the ICS machine then I can map the XP shares but the ICS machine still doesn t see the XP machine in network neighbourhood Fixed IP addresses break ICS but don t fix the problem Uninstalling ICS didn t help - and of course I had to edit the registry to reinstall it What else can I try to make it work Andy Armstrong nbsp

A:Win XP machine won't access one other machine on peer to peer network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-machine-wont-access-one-other-machine-on-peer-to-peer-network.76422/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
having a problem with a new machine that seems to be freezing or moving very slowly. Am wondering whether the issue is the motherboard supports 1.8v memory and the new memory is 1.95v?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-machine-ram-issue-maybe.601640/
Relevancy 44.72%

In March I posted about a notebook computer that when powered on, it immediately shuts back off within about two seconds, before anything even comes up on the screen. A few people suggested it was probably overheating, which I figured to be unlikely so I never bothered reapplying thermal compound.

I was recently given the notebook to sell on eBay as a laptop in need of repair. I had some extra time on my hands so I decided to take it apart, removed the old thermal compound, and applied some new Arctic Silver to both the CPU and GPU. I put it back together, hit the power button, and the same power issue still persists.

Does anyone have any other ideas? ...or should I just go ahead and sell it as a broken notebook?
Btw, the notebook is an HP Pavilion dv7-3060us.
Also, the battery clearly does not charge while the notebook is plugged in.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys, here's the scenario. I have a customer who's power supply isn't charging anymore. She has a Gateway MP6954 Notebook. She bought a universal power supply, a targus, but it only charges when its held at a very uncomfortable angle. She and I believe her problem might be the jack. It's been kicked a few times. My question is this. Do i need a new Mobo to get that thing back up and running? What are my options? Thanks in advance.

A:Notebook PS Jack issue

Well, if you are handy with a soldering iron, your client can purchase the jack (usually found on Ebay for around $15) and you can charge him/her for the labor involved in soldering it back onto the board. Other than that, a new motherboard would be the only option and he/she would be better off purchasing a new laptop instead of purchasing a new motherboard and paying you to replace it.

It is worth mentioning that I have seen a few laptops where the power pin is separate from the board. In which case, all you would need to do is just replace the pin. You might want to look first, though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-ps-jack-issue.713684/
Relevancy 44.72%

My Laptop is not waking up from sleep, I have updated the lastest BIOS veriosn aswell. I cannot fidn the Power Management Tab on the properties of Keyboard and Touchpad.Tried to set this through command prompt, but not able to as I am getiing access denied error even though I am the administrator of the system. Quick help will be much appreciated. 

A:Wake up issue on HP Notebook

naAzmul Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about sleep/wakeup issues and wanted to help.Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support As to the second, just to be clear, you are NOT The Administrator of your PC.  Ever since Win7 came out, MS changed the default class of users such that everyone created after that is a General user with some elevated rights -- NOT the prior System Administrato.  This was to prevent malware from taking over PCs when running (by default) at the System Administrator. To run a command properly in Win8.1, you need to do the following:1) enter "cmd" (without the quotes) in the start area2) when cmd.exe then shows, press Ctrl-Shift-Enter (together) and then click Yes when the UAC box appears If done properly, the command windows will say "Administrator: C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" in the title area. If it doesn't say "Administrator", you didn't do it right.Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Wake-up-issue-on-HP-Notebook/td-p/5587475
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a gateway mx6958 notebook that is having an issue. It will not boot at all. last week it froze up with two strange lines on the screen and I proceeded to hold down the power button to restart. Now all it does is power on and the HDD light comes on for a couple seconds and then nothing. It will stayed powered on and get warm but nothing else. If I stick a cd in the drive it will start to read and like thr HD it will just stop. What could be the issue? Please help a poor student with no money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-issue.737719/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi hp team 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP NOTEBOOK HARDWARE ISSUE

want to do online chat with HP technical team so pls connect me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-NOTEBOOK-HARDWARE-ISSUE/td-p/5833768
Relevancy 44.72%

This one has dogged me relentlessly HP Pavilion G notebook with Windows System works flawlessly on the software side the hardware however- The notebook recognizes the adapter about of the time If the battery is fully charged the adapter will usually be recognized but if the battery is low it seems not to Sometimes if I leave the adapter plugged in for an extended period of time like overnight and come back the power jack light will be on and working If I plug in the adapter and remove the battery it will switch over seamlessly but if I replace Notebook/battery issue the battery it won t recognize it Trying to boot without the battery works about of the time Generally I get blinks of the light which suggests a RAM issue according to HP s website But I ve replaced the RAM several times to no effect I ve swapped chargers to no effect I ve replaced the jack in the notebook to no effect I m considering a battery replacement but it charges fine and lasts about three hours so far WHEN the charger is recognized Am I missing something nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-battery-issue.1118052/
Relevancy 44.72%

All I use this laptop for is checking email and looking-up for parts and posting my items in reguards to my at-home business I have contacted HP support via phone and was told that it is not a hardware issue but a software one I have taken the laptop to a local computer service about a month ago and they told me after installing different versions of Need HP-Notebook Its Help! 15 not Issue. SOFTWARE a Windows ie Windows x amp bit versions and even Windows that the problem still persists I know that I have not spilled anything on the keyboard to cause the issue and in fact my HP-Notebook 15 Its not a SOFTWARE Issue. Need Help! Laptop sits on its own elevated cooling tray I take very good care of my investments HP support I ask that you will read the following that the Comuter guy typed using this very same laptop and PLEASE give me some kind of resulution to this issue before my warranty runs out nbsp The following was copied from the TEXT file that the Computer Tech typed and saved on the desktop of said laptop nbsp ON MY HP NOTEBOOK With a format amp clean iNSTALl of wiNDOwS YOu cANT USe CAPs propperly to even type the User name for the account gt EVen AS I AM TYPING THIS NOW WITH A CLEAN INSTALL OF WINDOWS X I THE KEY STROKES ARE ALTERNATING AS If CAP Lock or SHIFT IS BEING USED gt THIS IS NOT A SOFTWARE ISSUE gt HAVE TRIED two copys of WINowS Windows up until this point i could not type correctly the version of windowsTHAT WAS BEING USED gt DURRING THE FIRST RUN OF WINDOWS AFTER THE INSTALL OF WINDOWS WITHOUT ME TYPEING ON THE KEYBOARD THE EASE OF ACCESS PROMPT FOR FILTER KEYS ASKED Do you want to turn on Filter Keys SHOWED ONCE WITHOUT EVEN BEING NEAR THE LAPTOp STICKY KEYS ASKED TWICE IN A ROW DO YOU WANT TO TURN ON STICKY KEYS ON ALL PROMPTS I SAID NO IF I PLACE THE MOUSE CURSOR ON ANY OF THE ABOVE TEXT WHEN THIS ISSUE IS ACTIVE LIKE IT IS NOW lt ALL OF THE PROCEEDING TEXT IS SELECTED gt SAME FOR IF YOU CLICK ON A SINGLE ICON ON THE DESKTOP gt ALL OR MOST ICONS ARE THEN SELLECTED AND IF YOU EXECUTE ONE SHORTCUT OR ICON THEN THEY ALLRUN gt ALSO WHILE THIS ISSUE OCCURS YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO OPTIONS THAT ARE THERE NORMALLY gt THEY ARE JUST NOT THERE gt YOU HAVE NO OPTION TO CREAT A NEW TEXT OR ANYTHING ELSE gt -PLEASE DO NOT FEEL AS IF I AM YELLing at you with this message i have no control of the caps THIS IS NO SOFTWARE ISSUE AND I WOULD PLEASE ASK HP TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY this laPTOP IS NOT EVEN SIX MONTHS OLD gt It does appear though that I can connect remotely with TeamViewer and manupulate the keys correctly I have had this running mostly for almost a week and I have found that it is very intermitent and varies with no warning A refund is not what I am seeking but a repair or replacement I have purchased two of these exact models within the same month I am currently using the one i bought my wife with no problem whatsoever I also referred an employee to grab one of these HP Notebook -F WM while they where on sale at Walmart His laptop is also running fine with no issue I have gotten the run-around from HP's Tech support who just say its a software issue Am I really stuch with a malfunctioning HP laptop with not only a year HP warranty but also the additional Walmart warranty Please someone help I feel i do not know what else to do Sincerely a concerned customer

A:HP-Notebook 15 Its not a SOFTWARE Issue. Need Help!

I will ask to have your issue escalated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-15-Its-not-a-SOFTWARE-Issue-Need-Help/td-p/5782639
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Avaratec 6220 notebook computer and it's always worked fairly well up until recently. The LCD inverter went bad and so I had to wait a couple weeks to get one in. Finally, last night, it came and I was super excited about using my notebook again. However, it's always had overheating problems so I had bought a cooling mat for it and always used that. However, last night I plugged the cooling mat into the USB after I had booted up the computer. Everything was fine after I changed the LCD inverter, but when I plugged the cooling mat into the USB port the computer shut off and hasn't turned back on since. Anyone out there have any ideas on what could have went wrong and what needs to be fixed?

What a bummer though, I was excited it was finally fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-repair-issue.629512/
Relevancy 44.72%

A client of mine has a Hewlett Packard ze2000 which is DOA.

the AC Adpater has been tested and the Laptop worked perfect till the battery died, i have done a factory power reset and this hasnt helped, if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help...

A:Notebook Power Issue

Remove the battery from the laptop and see if the laptop powers up with the AC adapter only

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-power-issue.62201/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all My problem Notebook Issue Sound Odd is My new notebook stopped producing sounds unless I put it into sleep mode and wake it which is odd Laptop microphone works while line-out had the same problem I've not been really looking into the problem until yesterday since this notebook is not for entertainment yet This is what I have done to troubleshoot the problem Checked device manager and sound property settings Reinstall driver with newer driver from realtek Odd Notebook Sound Issue com Checked event viewer No sound related issue Kept getting WMI errors which I think are unrelated to the current issue Disabled all startup items restarted audio services etc Reinstalled OS several times with recovery disks and standalone vista installed sound driver first and still had no sound I originally thought this could be a hardware-related issue yet the sound works perfectly after awaking the system from the sleep I also remember that after my first system recovery sound was working as soon as windows was installed If you guys have any suggestion please fire at well System spec Asus F V-A Windows Vista Business

A:Odd Notebook Sound Issue

It seems that the problem was caused by one of the BIOS settings. (probably the POST sound option)

After hitting f9 for default, the problem went away.
:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/odd-notebook-sound-issue-291931.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've encountered a problem recently with my hP notebook laptop it will turn on you can hear it and the screen will load but it will be almost blank but with the mouse cursor which I can move with no problem Some times it will load with a screen saying preparing automatic repair then goes back to the grey screen I've tried resetting HP notebook issue internal it by holding the power button and everything but that didn't seem to work And I'm not exactly sure what model I have considering I can't even get into my laptop If anyone has any suggestions it would help so much This laptop isn't old either it's only about years old Also I've noticed that the keyboard is getting loose when I HP notebook internal issue type I can see it pop in and out so I feel like maybe something isn't connected I have so many pictures memories on this laptop and I have no way of transferring the files since I can't even get to them so I really need help thanks in HP notebook internal issue advance

A:HP notebook internal issue

Hi, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! I am sorry about your issue with the computer. It seems like software issue. HP has an official article which you can read and follow about problems of this kind >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03518165 Please, read it and if nothing written there helps, I am afraid you will end up in system recovery or similar option.   With regards to your data (documents, pictures, etc...)  -  you can copy them *NOW* using a live m-e-d-i-a (e.g. live CD). Download ESET rescue CD based on Linux-Lubuntu:>> http://www.eset.com/int/download/utilities/detail/family/239/>> full detailed guide >> http://download.eset.com/manuals/eset_sysrescue_userguide_enu.pdf Option 1) prepare one USB pen drive and empty CD or DVD. Download the ESET ISO image file, burn it on a CD or DVD, boot from it and open the file manager to copy/paste your important files to the USB pen drive. Option 2) prepare two empty USB pen drives, download the ESET tool to create a USB pen drive, boot from the USB pen drive. Open the file manager to copy/paste your important files to the second USB pen drive.  After data has been copied you can try Windows Refresh or HP System Recovery. You can read more information about them here:>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03538721  (choose the option to keep your files)>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961  ( you can also back up files during the process but not keep them). System Recovery is performed using built-in system partitions. The end result will be fresh clean start (Windows reinstalled).Windows Refresh is less instrusive option that usually keeps files and Metro/Modern apps.  Please, let me know if something is not clear. I'd love to assist.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-notebook-internal-issue/td-p/5610778
Relevancy 44.72%

When i run a run in test in my g6 pavilion notebook pc it shows Hard Disk Short Dst Failed, What does it mean ?and the failure id is 0TRK7F-69483U-MFPX1G-60TP03

A:notebook start-up issue

Hi, The 24 character error code does confirm a failure of the short Disk Self Test failure ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the boot issue you describe. If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know - include the full Model No. and Product No. of your g6 series notebook - see Here for a further explanation. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/notebook-start-up-issue/td-p/5606547
Relevancy 44.72%

OS - WinXP Pro SP CPU - AMD Athlon A Mobo - MSI K N Neo Platinum RAM - GB DDR Memory Test OK Video - ATI AIW PRO MB AGP I wish I had the time to go through the normal introductions and such but alas a tech issue is what brought me here We with Issue used machine a Boot XP just moved and had Comcast Hi-speed Internet Service installed The next day after I rebuilt my XP Boot Issue with a used machine existing PC system circa I found that we couldn t get an internet connection Consequently I phoned Comcast tech support and spent quite a while on the phone with them until both IE and OE were functioning properly Along the way however I was told to shut down my McAfee Anti-Virus software which I did and subsequently forgot about Anyway this means that our used PC was functioning properly to this point The next day however is an altogether different story Shortly after starting my machine in the morning I received the following message on a plain black screen Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select r at the first screen to start repair At that point I inserted the original WinXP SP disc into my CD-ROM drive and pressed the RESET button on the front of our PC After that I entered the BIOS boot menu and set it to boot from the CD-ROM Shortly after that I received the following perpetual black screen Setup is inspecting your computer s hardware configuration Before I flew off the handle and did something I m sure I d be sorry for I decided to do a bit of searching via Google I did indeed find information that resembled my issue however it usually came as tech advice relating to dual-boot systems Linux and XP combo mostly In addition I found an interesting post in which the user quot reset quot his PC s CMOS to get his dual-boot system running again Anyway I never found an article or a post that matched my scenario so I thought I d post here before I tried an iffy quot similar fix quot In case I haven t been clear about this the machine in question has been in use since late and has run XP since I initially built it Other than the usual software updates including SP it has been fairly reliable The only real exception to this has been the system HDDs When the system was originally designed it was spec d for two Seagate Barracuda SATA HDDs A little more than a year after the PC was built the GB HDD had to be replaced by Seagate About a year after that the boot HDD an GB model also had to be replaced Considering the signature information I included in my profile and the info in this post I hope I ve thorough enough I work in an engineering environment and I often don t get nearly enough data to work with If I ve gone overboard I was only trying to do as much as I could to inform Thanks very much for your time JJ nbsp

A:XP Boot Issue with a used machine

Have a look here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic98544.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-boot-issue-with-a-used-machine.111033/
Relevancy 44.72%

A preemptive thanks for this incredible service you provide! This forum is an amazing resource of information and has been very helpful in bringing me up to speed on the Win 7 OS.

This machine is about 2 weeks old, and starting about a week into its life, I started getting a system hang once a login session and usually within 10 minutes of login.

Then in the last few days I started getting BSOD's instead of hangs. I've had probably 4 or 5 of those - and my impression is that they happen during the system "warm-up" right after a login. I usually don't see them again after I reboot from the first one.

Thanks again for any help and direction you can give.

Bob

Other machine info:
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Original OS on system
OEM version
Age of system and OS: 2 weeks

A:BSOD issue on new Win 7 machine

The errors are STOP 0x124 errors. These are errors that are caught by your CPU and passed on to Windows. They don't have much information that's useful to us, so we have to resort to other methods to diagnose them.

These are hardware errors, most often either broken or incompatible hardware. If it's not that, then we wonder about Windows corruptions - or even corrupted 3rd party drivers (there is some disagreement about this last one).

So, check carefully to ensure that all your hardware and software is compatible. Use this link to check: Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

Jiggle/wiggle/reseat all cards and cables. I got this error with a poorly seated video card not long ago. Reseating the card cured the error.

Follow the instructions at this link for further troubleshooting: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_5b5cff42`004c0000
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_5b5cff42`004c0000
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Tue Sep 28 10:36:09.500 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:30:40.059
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_5b5cff42`004c0000
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Unknown_Module_5b5cff42`004c0000
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
Bugcheck code 00000124
Arguments 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06bc2028 00000000`b8000000 00000000`00800e0f
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 27 23:22:10.102 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:22.242
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PSHED.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PSHED.dll
Probably caused by : hardware
Bugcheck code 00000124
Arguments 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05d6a028 00000000`b8000000 00000000`00800e0f
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Sep 26 23:44:37.375 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:47:21.515
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
Probably caused by : hardware
PROCESS_NAME: System
Bugcheck code 00000124
Arguments 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05d6d028 00000000`b8000000 00000000`00800e0f

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114360-bsod-issue-new-win-7-machine.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I am new to this forum and hope someone could help with an issue in have.
So I have a native instruments machine and a tascam us 144 external sound card.
All drivers are installed and the device is working fine. The issue I have is that as I select the tascam as my default device in the audio options for record and play back there is no wave form being registered when the device plays. I mean the little EQ bar is grey and no signal. But it does work. This concerns me because I then use Sony sound Forge pro 10 to record live sets and my turntable running through my soundcard. I select the tascam in sound Forge but no signal comes through to record.
I know this sounds confusing but I hope someone could help out.
Thanks

A:Tascam us 144 and machine issue

I have a recording studio (using Sonar X2).

When I use my audio recording devices with Sonar, I only set the device in Sonar, I don't do anything with the sound panels. I have a Roland Octa-Capture and an MAudio Fastrack Ultra 8R (both USB connected). They have ASIO drivers and I just select the unit I want to use in Sonar. The devices show up in the sound control panel but I do nothing with them.

However, some PC sound playback does not work through the devices. e.g. when I use Goldwave (an audio editor) I have to use my PC's sound card and speakers. It won't work through my audio interface unit and studio monitors or headphones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/281621-tascam-us-144-machine-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently, I've been having issues involving a Blue Screen of Death message. I haven't installed any new hardware or software and the problem doesn't happen in Safe Mode either. Do I need to send the memory dumps that contain the information and if so, how do I get to them and what do I need to do once I find them?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8086 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 456835 MB, Free - 378191 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FRK44
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 44.29%

On our PC there are 3 accounts.

The second account [my son's] has in the notification tray, the time and then underneath the time is the day of the week.

Now, I can't find anywhere to enable/disable this in the date/time options window.

One other thing...if I go to start menu>properties>choose classic start menu, then according to the pic there should be a blue margin on the side of the start menu saying: Windows XP. Well in the second account this is the case, but in my own account this blue margin isn't present.

While I'm aware these are not extreme issues....it's just I like to know what is going on with things.

It's just a curiosity thing.....I just thought someone out there could explain this to me.

Relevancy 44.29%

unexpected kernel mode trap

WER-109515-0.sysdata.xml

A:Blue Screen of Death Issue

According to the dump files, it's a double-free in the Intel graphics driver causing the trap, which causes the crash (page faulting is not allowed in kernel non-paged pool memory, and a double-free in a graphics driver will definitely cause this behavior).

Code:
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd32
start end module name
9202e000 923d2000 igdkmd32 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd32.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd32.sys
Image name: igdkmd32.sys
Timestamp: Wed Sep 26 15:44:50 2012 (50635B32)
CheckSum: 0039495B
ImageSize: 003A4000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

It's not the newest Intel driver, but it's pretty new - I'd recommend either updating to the absolute latest from the Intel site, or rolling back to the initial driver Windows 8 installs.
Intel? Driver Update Utility for graphics drivers

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/21499-blue-screen-death-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums, and I'm in dire need of help. Lately, my computer has been having the "blue screen of death" crash. These crashes happen at random. They can be 4 days apart, or 4 hours apart. The first time It happened, I figured that I could solve it by cleaning out my registry, and uninstalling any new software and programs I recently installed. This however, did not work. It has been about 3 hours since the last crash. I cant remember exactly what the report said, but it was something to do with a "minidump" and something called WER in my Temp folder. It would be awesome if one of you guys could help me out in my predicament! Also, I apologize for the lack of information given, if you need more information, please ask.

A:Blue screen of death issue!

Welcome aboard Registry is off limits. Leave it alone.Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472947/blue-screen-of-death-issue/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok I'm running on vista. I had a power surge and since then I've been receiving the bsod. I have no cle on how to fix this. Please someone help me fix this very annoying problem.

A:Blue screen of death issue!

Okay, so you said you had a power surge? Were youshutting down the computer when the surge happened? I need to know EXACTLY what you were doing when the surge hit. This could be fatal to the OS or possibly some of the hardware in the computer. And here's some advice, get one of those power strips. The protect against surges, so you can plug everything into one of those. And also, get Windows XP or Ubuntu. Or a Mac.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260739/blue-screen-of-death-issue/
Relevancy 44.29%

HI all Right where do I death of Blue issue screen start I bought my laptop november with winxp hjome edition on it Abuot a week ago it was infected by a number of visuses and trojans mainly trojan vundo This trojan has screwed me over I have norton it keeps blocking the trojan but I still get the popups when browsing my system has slowed down drastically Basically Ive tried probably every avenue and have come down to the last which is reformatting I got a true copy of winxp pro backed my harddrive and started the installation At a certain point of the installation Blue screen of death issue when its installing Blue screen of death issue devices I get the blue screen of death with the error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL As far as I can tell this is a hardware issue either hardrive or ram or even graphics card But its all original I even thought that perhaps the hardware wont accept winxp pro because I installed win to check what would Blue screen of death issue happen and there was no problem at all with the installation I then installed winxp over it and I got the blue screen of death again I reallyhave reached the end I dont know what else to do apart from sending the laptop back to PCworld as it is still under warranty I would appreciate any advice or help regarding this small little problem thats driving me up the wall Many thanks

A:Blue screen of death issue

Have you formatted your HDD when you reinstall?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-issue-159750.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I've just bought 4gb Reaper X PC2-6400 http://tiny.cc/WDc2F to replace my old set of 2gb(going into a different setup)
I'm running an Abit IN9 32MAX mother board http://tiny.cc/ZhWW9 with windows vista 64. I plug both sticks in, the system boots up as normal and in my windows sidebar meter it recognises the 4gb of ram then after about a minute it crashes to the blue screen without warning, this happens if I leave it idle or try to run any program. Any ideas people? Thanks in advance.

A:New RAM and blue screen of death issue

You may, or should, adjust the DDR voltage in the BIOS to 2.1 or 2.2 volts for stable performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ram-and-blue-screen-of-death-issue.727222/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear Experts nbsp I would like to ask for your help in order to solve a problem with my recently bought HP G The specifications are the following HP G notebookCPU Intel Celeron N nbsp Memory Gb HDD Gb Came 250 7 installation G4 Windows an notebook. with issue HP out with FreeDos nbsp I have have the following issue when I'm trying to install Windows Professional bit onto that machine nbsp A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive Windows 7 installation issue with an HP G4 250 notebook. please insert it now Note If the Windows installation is in the CD DVD drive you can safety remove it for this step nbsp Windows is running currently on that notebook but I have found it very slow with that operation system nbsp I have done a numerous Windows installation nbsp before but never seen an error like that Currently owning an another HP Pavilion -ab nh Had no problem with installation nbsp nbsp Regarding to similar nbsp topics it might have a problem with USB drives I have tried to install it from USB ports already Experienced the same problem May you please suggest me a solution or a driver That computer is compatible with Windows bit I got all of the drivers via HP Support I have tried to unpack with z and browse for all of the possible drivers e g USB driver Intel Rapid Storage driver but didn't work out for me nbsp Being really thankful for your help John

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-installation-issue-with-an-HP-G4-250-notebook/td-p/5757195
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello issue keyboard Notebook driver I Notebook keyboard driver issue am Notebook keyboard driver issue having an issue with the keyboard on my notebook I am on a Toshiba M -S Satellite XP Pro At random times when I am typing the keyboard will stop responding meaning the caps lock doesn t work none of the function keys work no text goes through the works I have reinstalled my system from scratch two weeks ago and instead of using the system restore disk that comes with the computer and includes all that crap I used the pro version I bought for my other computer that died I have been having this problem since I reinstalled the OS I looked up the driver I am currently using and it is registering as a Standard -key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard however this is a quot notebook computer which does not harness a full sized keyboard Any idea where I can find the keyboard driver for this model I have looked on the Toshiba Website but it does not have a driver for the keyboard Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Notebook keyboard driver issue

When putting a new operating system on a toshiba laptop you have to follow the instalition guide in order for the laptop to work correctly:

Contents and Installation order
for Windows XP
1. Chipset Driver
2. Microsoft Updates
3. Display Driver
4. Common Modules
5. Hotkey for Display Devices
6. Display Device Change Utility
7. Sound Driver
8. Touch pad Driver
9. cPad/Touch pad On-Off Utility
10. Modem Driver
11. V.92 Modem Driver
12. Wireless Network Driver
13. Atheros Client Utility
14. Network Driver
15. Infrared Driver
16. ConfigFree
17. SD Host Controller Driver
18. SD Memory Card Driver
19. SD Memory Card Format
20. Power Management
21. Utilities
22. Button Controls
23. Console
24. DVD Player
25. Drag'n Drop
26. CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
27. Skins for Windows Media Player
28. User`s Manual
29. Screensaver
30. Wallpapers
31. Sun Java Runtime Environment

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-keyboard-driver-issue.553629/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I've the laptop which is high end config. Say 750GB hard disk,Wind 8.1,8GB RAM etc. It was not coming up one fine day, when I use the power button to switch it on. 1.Removed the battery and try to use the direct power supply and went in vain.2. Inserted the battery and tried, After 5 continuous try, it was coming up.3. After my work, shut down the laptop.4.The very next day, same probelm occured when I switch it on.5. I tried the above options but this time no luck.  Let me know what would be the problem /solutions if you are facing something like this.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-notebook-Power-on-amp-Off-issue/td-p/5623955
Relevancy 44.29%

My Toshiba Satellite 1900-303 notebook shuts itself down after a few minutes of running and then won't start up again for another few minutes, and the fan is much quieter than usual. There is no fan setting in the bios menu, and I have set the cooling method in the Toshiba Power Management tool to maximum performance (at the opposite end of the scale to minimum noise.)

Can anyone suggest why this problem is occuring and how to solve it??

Relevancy 44.29%

Sadly, my HP ENVY m6-1350sf Notebook PC that I purchased in April 2014 with Best Buy needs the right hinge I believe needs replacing and now the casing on the screen is starting to pull apart. Obviously I'm way beyond the warranty but I am willing to pay HP to fix my poor laptop whom has travelled all around the world with me since it was brand new. I don't trust Geek Squad to fix it locally - they ruined my Lenovo in 2012 when the casing started coming apart by super gluing it back together. Please help ...

A:Envy m6 Notebook - hinge issue...

@CarolineH

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works,this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-m6-Notebook-hinge-issue/td-p/5615514
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently started a thread telling that I was trying to install Vista on my notebook hard drive through my desktop You see I wouldn't install Vista using the notebook because it wouldn't boot from the Vista DVD neither would it from XP CD or the Live OS that I tried That was very Notebook Missing is issue. BootMGR inconcenient It would always give the NTLDR is missing presse CTRL ALT DEL to restart So I thought that in order to bypass this problem I could try Notebook BootMGR is Missing issue. installing Vista on it from my desktop So as you can see in my thread my desktop ended up having problems as well So now I put the hard drive back in the notebook and tried to start to see if Vista was installed It Notebook BootMGR is Missing issue. didn't go the problem was almost the same instead of NTLDR now it's BootMGR I've searched a bit on google and most of the pages tell me to insert Vista DVD and try System Recovery But nothing happens when I press the system recovery key it will completely ignore my command And it also completely ignores to boot from a CD DVD even if I organize BIOS so that the Optical Drive is first in the Boot Order Any ideas

A:Notebook BootMGR is Missing issue.

Try this
Error message when you start Windows Vista: "The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information"

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285406-notebook-bootmgr-missing-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am still having a shutdown issue with Windows and my HP Notebook Is there no formal fix forthcoming from HP or Windows for this Most of the troubleshooting threads about this are from late fall early and I am wondering if people are still having this issue I have tried all the non-invasive suggestions turning off Fast Start Up etc but they have not helped My shutdown problem started within the past few months even though I upgraded to Windows last fall I am wondering who I need to contact for help -- HP or Microsoft nbsp Basically the computer won't shut down It goes into sleep or hibernation mode or some such and never actually 10 Issue 15 Notebook Windows HP Shutdown turns off I have to force shut down by holding the power button to get it to turn off This only happens when the computer has Windows 10 Shutdown Issue HP 15 Notebook been on and running for a while or Windows 10 Shutdown Issue HP 15 Notebook if it isn't restarted for any reason Basically I turn it on use it for a few hours and when I go to shut down it doesn't nbsp Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Shutdown-Issue-HP-15-Notebook/td-p/5657502
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi New guy here figured I would see if anyone can help out with the following issue I have an HP N Notebook with a brand new HD GB RPM Toshiba installed yesterday by Fry s Elect I am attempting to recover system information with HP s supplied Recovery Disks which should in theory load up my Win XP Home Office apps and other basic software that came with the factory computer However upon trying to install recover from CD of I am getting the following error message Error Notebook HELP!! Recovery N5000 - Please HP Issue occurred while creating Save to Disk partition X TOOLS S D gt Then I am back to that dos prompt and left scratching my head In order to get to this step I boot from my CDRom actually a DVD drive HP N5000 Notebook Recovery Issue - Please HELP!! with Disk inside I get options Turn off Computer Continue Advanced I believe I hit Continue it prompts me that I will lose all info on the HD which is fine since it is new and blank and then it begins the process which leads to the error message shortly thereafter For more sys info I have an AMD Athlon GHZ RAM and the DVD drive That is about all the info I can give at this time The system is not recognizing my HD as I have tried to even run a format on drive c and that fails as well Any assistance is greatly appreciated THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi new to this so please help I am sure this is a really basic mistake but cant find the easy solution I have an ASUS X CA laptop and after using it brilliantly for weeks this morning a for issue notebook novice! Basic I can see nothing on the screen It is definitely powered on as I can see the right lights on the laptop but other than the mouse cursor - nothing All the help topics Basic notebook issue for a novice! I have looked at rely Basic notebook issue for a novice! on actually being able to see the desktop or menu and I can see nothing At one point it said something about fight safe mode being on but cant seem to work out how to turn off the screen hasn't broken as I do get a menu if I try to extend the display - only have one monitor so now set to that clearly I am sure there is a really basic command I need to get back to my screen but will be if I can find it

A:Basic notebook issue for a novice!

Almost sounds like maybe the display is zoomed way out. Try hitting the Ctrl + Minus keys a few times.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51403-basic-notebook-issue-novice.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a computer that is AT formfactor NOT ATX and it supports APM but does NOT support powering its self off I never had this problem with previous versions of Windows but I have always had it with Windows XP I know this computer supports APM because of reasons The first reason is that Shutdown/Standby APM issue on machine with AT it supports Standby mode and has been in standby mode many times with Windows and Another reason I know this is that Windows XP tells me in the Power Options that my chipset supports it There are actually Shutdown/Standby issue on AT machine with APM problems If I enable APM in Power Options it still wont enable standby like it used to in Windows and Also if I enable the APM for some reason it attempts to tell the hardware to automatically power off This machine is an AT machine and cannot do that so it just reboots I need that quot Its now safe to turn off your computer quot screen like it gives me with APM disabled but I also need Standby mode available for some reason it isnt letting me do this EVEN with APM enabled What can I do to fix these problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shutdown-standby-issue-on-at-machine-with-apm-260582.html
Relevancy 44.29%

the ASP.NET machine account is the administrator and i know its password. The problem is that when I try to change anything on the computer it asks for the password, but after I type it in, it says: login failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type. The ASP.NET account does not show up when I start the computer, and this computer has one account aside from it. Help?

A:ASP.NET machine account login issue

You get that account after a Windows update to .NET. you can delete it unless you are doing some software development.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/175525-asp-net-machine-account-login-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am ICT subject leader in my school in the UK The staff have laptops they use at home and in school I have been tasked with upgrading applications and security on them all and locking them down so that staff cant just install what ever they like There are about laptops which need work to standardise the user experience There about different model types in use My question or cause will licensing Machine will issue? cloning MS not is this If Machine cloning will or will not cause MS licensing issue? I have laptops which are the same model what is to stop me upgrading one machine with everything it needs then using a disc imager to clone the disk onto the other machines and thus saving me times the work I would go straight ahead and do this but I dont know where I stand in way of licensing since all the cloned machines would have the same windows XP license key as the machine they were cloned from as would the copy of MS office etc Copies of XP are all OEM with license number stamped on the buttom of each machine Does the same apply to other OSs Vista and Win Please advise Regards Alex Holloway

A:Machine cloning will or will not cause MS licensing issue?

Been so long since I have done this I can't remember how it works.

I think what you would do is run Sysprep to do a factory seal on the computer and then make the image. This would bring it back to a state of a new computer that has to go through the Mini-setup as far as putting in the license and creating a new user.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/machine-cloning-will-or-will-not-cause-ms-licensing-issue-518567.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Can anyone help me with this error?Thanks in advance

A:BSOD in a new machine (perhaps some software issue?)

It only happened once, when my wife was using the iCloud services (she works at Apple, eventhough we use Windows in our home). Anyway, after that I've started to have some issues regarding right clicking drives, in the left panel...but that, after disabling and enabling extensions using SehllExtView, seemed to disappear...the BSOD error didn't show anymore, even after 10 restarts (to test)...could it be because I was using a faulty copy of Daemon Tools Pro (bad crack)?
Thank you very much

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351593-bsod-new-machine-perhaps-some-software-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

E-Machines T Windows XP Home Edition NVIDIA gFORCE MX graphics stick of MB ram I turn the computer and monitor both on It usually takes anywhere from - cold boots of the computer before the monitor will power on from orange to green light The computer starts every time booting up I see the big quot e quot graphic come up on the monitor then it comes to the E-machine Booting T3092 Issue black quot how to start windows quot screen asking to E-machine T3092 Booting Issue choose safe mode normal etc The monitor will power off all of a sudden at varied points in turning on the system Eg Directly after I get to the quot how to start windows quot screen or directly after I select normal mode or directly after I select previous good configuration or directly after I select safe mode or after the Windows screen before the login The computer continues to run all mechanical sounds still audible all lights stay on the computer and the keyboard It s just the monitor that powers off One out of every tries will carry me thru the login and all the way to the desktop Here s what I ve tried so far a different monitor exact same problem unplugged all exterior and interior connections cords amp cables and plugged them all back in same problem took the ram stick out of one slot and moved it to the other started computer monitor powers off tried a different brand new mb ram stick same problem put both mb ram sticks in started the computer both are recognized under bios monitor powers off took the motherboard battery out let it sit out for minutes put it back in started the computer pressing the F command to enter bios amp changed the date back to current save amp exit monitor powers off Put a different battery in started computer same problem Tried starting the computer and pressing the F command to enter safe mode so I can try system restore I select any of the options to no avail monitor powers off tested a couple of old graphics cards in the additional slots found out the T while having a graphics card built in to the motherboard offers slots to add video cards One didn t do anything when I powered the computer up but the other had the same problem of the monitor cutting off starting the computer with CA anti virus disc in it then with a windows xp disc in the cd rom but the computer won t read either just goes thru the motions as I stated earlier The times I ve been able to get to my desktop since this has started happening I was able to delete all cookies amp temp files empty recycle bin add Avira antivirus program after deleting all others partially run virus scan and delete some viruses One of the times the monitor actually stayed on until the virus scan was done then powered off The next time after emptying unnecessary files I selected restart only to have the monitor power off and the computer stay dormant not restarting I don t know what s wrong I can t get the monitor to stay on long enough to work on it Viruses Malware The built-in graphics card Please help

A:E-machine T3092 Booting Issue

While you were inside the box did you reset the bios to default using the board jumper?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276490/e-machine-t3092-booting-issue/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys and girls I am not really sure if i have a malware problem - Possible malware machine slow issue or IE is buggy as over the last month or so i have been suffering with a less than responsive machine Thank you for spending the time looking at my log Logfile of HijackThis v Possible malware issue - slow machine Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Possible malware issue - slow machine system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imonnt exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Java j re bin Possible malware issue - slow machine jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee QuickClean Plguni exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RcMan exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGo exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C HJT HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl OSDMenu EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run IMONTRAY C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run SbUsb AudCtrl RunDll sbusbdll dll RCMonitor O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task... Read more

A:Possible malware issue - slow machine

Hey bigfella

Log is clean, but your Java needs updating.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9.
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on jre-1_5_0_09-windowsi586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Let's do an online scan, just to check.

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan Click on located at the bottom of the page.
A "pop up" window will appear. * Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it *
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click "Free Online Scan" *The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place*
Begin the scan by selecting If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
Click on then click
* You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

Post back with the Panda log and a fresh HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/possible-malware-issue-slow-machine-128927.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings BC people. I have been directed to this forum by narenxp after weeks of him trying to help me at the Am I Infected forum. So to get down to basics, my machine has become painfully slow. I get the blue swirly and "Not Responding" message constantly. McAfee always pops up from the task bar informing me that real time scanning is off, to which despite me turning it back on, turns off automatically. It now says an "error occurred" when I start to scan my machine. Another interesting thing that happens is whenever I try to connect an external HD or flash drive I get a message saying that I need to format leaving me unable to backup anything. A list of software we've tried: ESET, FixTDSS, FSS, MiniToolBox, ListParts64, MBAM, aswMBR, adwcleaner, and tdskiller.Please help and thank you very much in advance for your time.Ric

A:McaAfee Issue / Very Slow Machine

Hello ric*,My name is Cody and I'll be helping you clean up your computer.I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, I just ask for notice ahead of time.Some points for you to keep in mind: Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
It's simply easier for me to analyze logs in this format. Provide feedback about your experience as we go.
Every post you make, please describe in detail how the computer is behaving. "The same" is not detailed enough. If you have any questions at any point, feel free to ask.NOTE: When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead. In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468100/mcaafee-issue-very-slow-machine/
Relevancy 44.29%

one more audio service isnt running

any ideas???
perry

A:Another sound issue on another windows 7 machine

Windows could not start the windows audio service

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414814/another-sound-issue-on-another-windows-7-machine/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all and first of all as always thank Malfunction? XP Machine: Tethering USB Issue on you for taking the time to be here and help us all out I recently had to move back to another state and could only take my five year old Dell Dimension E which is of course Running XP Media Center Edition Before putting the system into mothballs I returned her to her factory state besides installing a free antivirus and firewall just in case it ever had to be used in hurry as well as running Decrapifier etc As I am right now very poor the only way for me to use the desktop online is to tether it to a T-Mobile My Touch via it's USB Tethering option I grabbed a configuration file from this website here Android Devices Tethering and Portable Wi-Fi Hotspots - Google Mobile Help It works It is how I am making this post now but USB Tethering Issue on XP Machine: Malfunction? at times I get a Windows error message quot USB Device Not Recognized One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it For assistance in solving this problem click this message quot Usually after I play around with restarting and turning the tether on off it works But I need to use this to fill out job apps and the like and I can't afford a site to time out on me while I play this game any ideas

A:USB Tethering Issue on XP Machine: Malfunction?

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed. Even if you don't have any yellow flags, Update the Chipset Driver (for USB support)for your computer at the Dell Site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-tethering-issue-on-xp-machine-malfunction-655811.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This computer is on the same network as the other machines I ve been getting help on but it hasn t been my machine for last HJT on network log help the showing any signs of infection I ve ran Ad-Adware and Spybot and let them do their thing and then I installed the Microsoft AntiSpyware and let it do it s thing So here is the HJT log file after those items were ran Please let me know what needs to be done to make it disease free Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v HJT log help for my last machine on the network SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS HJT log help for my last machine on the network system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Symantec DeepSight Extractor ExtractorService exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap HJT log help for my last machine on the network exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee MCAFEE CPD EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee MCAFEE CPD EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Documents and Settings Pos Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ww acehardware-acenet com default asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ww acehardware-acenet com default asp O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe files mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe quot SU O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run vbjtzgu C WINDOWS System jtpjclg exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce MicrosoftAntiSpywareCleaner C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcASCleaner exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run McAfee InstantUpdate Monitor quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe quot STARTMONITOR O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra button no name - E-B B- f - E - A F A F - file C Program Files Ebates MoeMoneyMaker Sy Tp scri a htm file missing HKCU O - Trusted Zone http ww acehardware-acenet com O - Trusted Zone acehardware-eaglevision com O - Trusted Zone acehardware-eaglevision com HKLM O - DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B SysProWmi Class - https support dell com systemprofiler SysPro CAB O - DPF - - - - - http ww ace... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

@Harrylowt has been of great help for me to get a XP vhd up and running *except* I do not have Network or USB capabilities. Apparently I am suppose to get an option to install the drivers from the host computer (Windows 8.1); I do not see/get that option. My sequence is shown here.

Am I missing something?

Todd

A:Cannot get network or USB with my XP machine

Hey Rtcarry,

Sorry for late reply I am away at my home home visiting family.

Instead of going to the method we talked about last time lets go for a different route.

This is going to be using remote desktop, which you are going to have to make sure is enabled within your virtual machine.

How to enable remote desktop within windows XP:

How to Setup Remote Desktop on Windows XP
You will aslso make sure you can ping the host from your virtual machine and vise versa. Can you tell me if that is possible?

If not please check within your virtual switch this setting is ticked:
Right bring up run:

+ R

Then type in: MSTSC < press "ok"

Click "Show Options"

This will bring up more settings Remote Desktop Connections, in the Input field next to Computer input the IP address of your XP computer or the Computer name, then you can username - Example below:

Now click on the "Local Recourses" Tab:

Click "More"

Then highlight "Drives" and make sure that your USB/external hardrive is selected:

Click "OK"

Then click "Connect"

You may now get a message saying "Are you sure you want connect" going out on a limb you pressed connect, so click connect again

This will bring up a login page key in your credentials and click "OK"

Then you might have a message warning you about certificates, click "Yes"

Now I have logged in to the virtual machine and loaded up computer manager to show that it has mapped my local resources to the virtual machine. I also screen capped the host name so you can see it correlates to the rest of the screenshots:

I hope this works for you I am not able to test it in Windows 8 the only machine I am able to remote in to today is a Windows Server with Hyper-V

All the best!

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/41473-cannot-get-network-usb-my-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 4 computers on a wired network and two laptops on a wireless LAN. I've just been upgrading all of them to Win 7. My wife's machine can see the network machines but none of the other machines can see my wife's machine. This applies to both the network tree and the homegroup listing. I've been through the sharing screens several times but I'm not familiar with the permissions screens if they are a problem. All machines are set to share everything with no passwords.

A:One Machine can see network; network can't see machine

Quote: Originally Posted by mendopaul

I have 4 computers on a wired network and two laptops on a wireless LAN. I've just been upgrading all of them to Win 7. My wife's machine can see the network machines but none of the other machines can see my wife's machine. This applies to both the network tree and the homegroup listing. I've been through the sharing screens several times but I'm not familiar with the permissions screens if they are a problem. All machines are set to share everything with no passwords.

Are you using Homegroup or a Workgroup? If you're using Homegroup, try switching all the machines to the same Workgroup.

(There seem to be a lot of problems with Homegroup use, mainly they seem related to IPv6.)

From an earlier posting I made:

Quote:
I set them all in the same Workgroup by going to Control Panel (set to view small icons) System -> Advanced System Settings -> System Name. There change the Workgroup name to be the same for all computers.

In Network and Sharing -> Advanced Sharing Options click the top option for all but the bottom two. Turn off Password Protected Sharing and under Homegroup Connections set "Use User Accounts and Passwords to connect to other computers."

On the systems, set up the shared folders and permissions you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73488-one-machine-can-see-network-network-cant-see-machine.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,  I upgraded from Vista to Windows 8.1 and started having issues with video failure sad face blue screen of death, with the message VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I was advised to download video card driver which I did but didn't solve the problem. Does anyone have a lasting solution and willing to help me, please? Thanks in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Issue-with-sad-face-blue-screen-of-death/td-p/5636435
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with the black screen of death.

When I boot, it doesn't get to the login screen but loads a black screen with a cursor. (Even in safe mode)

Holding/pressing F8 upon boot does not load the adv start up menu.

I have not installed any new hardware or changed any drivers recently.

I will upload a video and link the youtube URL on another comment

Please help guys!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-black-screen-of-death-issue.1063450/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone I recently put together a new system of mine and decided to test out the video card to make sure all the drivers and such were working So i installed a game and began playing After a few minutes into it the computer flashed the infamous blue screen of death with an error message and rebooted Since I couldn t read the message the was displayed I turned off auto-reboot and tried the game again After playing through the game for a few moments the computer displayed the error screen again It read as follows A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer yatta yatta yatta Technical Information STOP x E xC xBF A A xB FFEBC x win k sys - Address BF A A base at BF DateStamp f a There was also another error I had earlier dealing with my nVidia drivers regarding my nv disp dll Like Blue Issue Of Or Death: The Screen Driver Also this doesn t always happen Sometimes the game will just freeze up and I ll have to end-task it I can still boot up my computer and if need be will post any error logs needed All my drivers are to my knowledge up to date and the error has been happening ever since the build while experimenting with games of any kind Any idea what Blue Screen Of Death: Driver Issue Or The Like s going on Computer Specs Windows XP Pro SP Asus PSQ SE R MoBo Intel Core Quad mhz Processor nVidia GeForce GT Video Card x g Gskill Memory Raidmax Smilodon case Radmax w PSU

Relevancy 43.86%

System specs below I recently installed a more recent video driver to my (grey display issue of death) screen laptop In the middle of playing Spore the nVidia display driver died and recovered the infamous nvlddmkm driver failure but multiple times in a row After a reboot which I thought may sort things out things got very strange - the vista loading screen prior to the login screen is totally grey with some darker horizontal stripes across it - the mouse cursor both the arrow and the animated blue 'processing' circle looks like it has display issue (grey screen of death) horizontal transparent stripes through it - most windows have refresh issues For example scrolling down a notepad document doesn't refresh the window - I have to do something like minimize then maximize the window for it to refresh - anything that uses D will lock up the system It looks as if nvlddmkm fails and recovers I tried going into Safe Mode by setting safe boot on msconfig and that was display issue (grey screen of death) an incredibly display issue (grey screen of death) bad idea After the restart everything was grey from boot through to reboot nothing could be seen I later managed to uncheck safe boot in msconfig totally blind which was a bit of an effort I have since restored the original factory nVidia video driver which came with the laptop when it was new but the same issues So I was wondering perhaps has the base vga display driver been corrupted As far as I know vga sys is used in Safe Mode and probably what's used prior to the nVidia drivers being loaded - which may explain the grey screen before the login screen But then again what's causing the scrolling issues and the failure of D applications even when the normal nVidia drivers are being used any clues what's going on It's an HP Pavilion dv series laptop dv tx with an nVidia GeForce Go video card System info OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Version Build System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv RU PA ABG System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Display info Name NVIDIA GeForce Go Adapter Type GeForce Go NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce Go Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nvd dum nvd dumx dll Driver Version INF File oem inf nv G x section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Driver c windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys MB bytes PM Reg entries The export of HKEY LOCAL MACHINE HARDWARE DEVICEMAP VIDEO Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE HARDWARE DEVICEMAP VIDEO quot Device Video quot quot REGISTRY Machine System ControlSet Services VgaSave Device quot quot MaxObjectNumber quot dword quot ObjectNumberList quot hex quot Device Video quot quot Registry Machine System CurrentControlSet Control Video DEB CC-B - F -B E- DD FA E quot quot Device Video quot quot Registry Machine System CurrentControlSet Control Video cf - d - c d- f - d e f quot quot Device Video quot quot Registry Machine System CurrentControlSet Control Video B EC A- B B- EDB- FD - E F quot quot Device Video quot quot Registry Machine System CurrentControlSet Control Video B EC A- B B- EDB- FD - E F quot quot Device Disc quot quot REGISTRY Machine System CurrentControlSet Services TSDDD Device quot

A:display issue (grey screen of death)

Did you ever get a fix for this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-issue-grey-screen-of-death-294327.html
Relevancy 43.86%

When my zbook is connected to the thunderbold dock with the cover closed, i press the powerbutton on the dock.The zbook starts and displays windows on my connected flatscreens...however my connected mouse and keyboard are not working. The only way is, to start the notebook first and then connect the thunderbold dock...then everything works fine.But as u can understand, i like to keep my notebook closed... I followed some treads about problems with de thunderbold dock...updated bios, firmware thunderbold and drivers. I did al this but still not working. When i start by pressing the powerbutton on the dock, i can clearly see my mouse and keyboard lighting-up. So at first there is power. But during the boot sequence of the zbook i can see the lights on my mouse turning off...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Zbook-15-G3-Thunderbold-Dock-issue-No-USB-with-notebook/td-p/5683245
Relevancy 43.86%

nbsp Hi all Graphic HP noise Fan issue Spectre Notebook and nbsp I recently bought a new nbsp HP Spectre Notebook and I love my computer except HP Spectre Notebook Graphic issue and Fan noise two things which make me wonder whether I should take it back or not nbsp First HP Spectre Notebook Graphic issue and Fan noise as you can see on the below photo I have broken screen when I play Overwatch on my computer I know this computer is not so much for gaming and I don't plan on playing much on it but still this bothers me and wonder if this is something that I should take back for nbsp Secondly I have very nbsp loud fan noise I know playing game would definitely create heat on the computer leading to higher fan activities However even when I am not on my game it still gives me a big fan noise - and FYI I used Samsung Series- prior to this - and when I mean by big fan noise that is something I have never heard of in Samsung's nbsp My Spectre is nbsp HP Spectre -v ca nbsp i - nbsp gb ram nbsp Thanks for any insights and recommendations nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-Notebook-Graphic-issue-and-Fan-noise/td-p/5794187
Relevancy 43.86%

i buy a new HP Notebook - 15-ac138niaafter instaling windows 7. No one driver found in website or in dvd cd drive. only wirless driver found for windows 7.i want to need complete windows 7 drivers.plz help me....... any one can do solve my problm.. thanks

A:HP Notebook - 15-ac138nia windows 7 drivers issue

Hi: Try the drivers and software from the 15t-ac000 except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8381866

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-15-ac138nia-windows-7-drivers-issue/td-p/5612795
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi FlashRam and nbsp SDJL nbsp Per my post from - - nbsp One day my TouchPad stopped responding completely I uninstalled the Synaptics on TouchPad Notebook my Driver Issue ENVY SMBus TouchPad driver under Device Manager After I restarted my computer my nbsp TouchPad on my ENVY Notebook Driver Issue TouchPad was working again with nbsp the older Microsoft TouchPad drivers that nbsp were still there nbsp Eventually Windows automatically updated to the latest Synapatics and the TouchPad was working nbsp until nbsp I closed my laptop and tried opening it again nbsp nbsp FlashRam intially responded to me and I followed the steps he told me Here's my response on - - nbsp I tried the hard rest first to no avail nbsp I nbsp followed all the steps in nbsp HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad Windows including redownloading the newest drivers and still nothing nbsp I also tried your link to nbsp HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures Windows I ran the component test for the mouse and passed both the pointing and drag tests So clearly its not a hardware issue but a problem with the compatibility between the Synaptics Pointing Device -v driver and the Touch Pad nbsp Again when I roll back to the Microsoft nbsp Touch Pad driver the touch pad works but with a lot less functionality the driver date is nbsp My machine originally had Windows on it and I upgraded to Windows I noticed Synaptics has a newer driver v that goes with Windows but I haven't had luck trying to install it nbsp I responded in a similiar Question board from - - where SJDL was the Support Agent He set his client up with an appropriate team within HP I asked for him to set me up too but never got a response nbsp Please note that I still have my warranty but it will be running out soon

A:TouchPad on my ENVY Notebook Driver Issue

Hello @Majare Welcome back to the HP Forums! I see that the touchpad still isn't working correctly on your HP ENVY 15t-q300.  I have found a great post by @DanG82 that may help you out; the original post is here: HOW TO RESOLVE POST-WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE ISSUES ON HP LAPTOPS "...HOW TO RESOLVE TOUCHPAD SETTING RESET ISSUESDownload version 18 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver and Software.Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model.  Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu.  Look for the download in the "Driver-Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices" category.  If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is listed, download it.If a Synaptics driver with a version number starting in 18 is NOT listed, download the driver directly from HP (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68198.exe).Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).Change the Windows Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.Click Stop to stop the service from running.Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.Uninstall version 19 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver.In the Control Panel, select Device Manager.Click the "+" next to "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" to expand that category.Double-click on the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad to bring up its properties.Navigate to the Driver tab and click Uninstall.Check the box to delete the driver software for this device, then click OK to uninstall.Uninstall version 19 of the Synaptics TouchPad Software (HP Control Zone).In the Control Panel, select Programs and Features.Scroll down to HP Control Zone (published by Synaptics Incorporated) and uninstall it.Restart your computer.Install version 18 of the Synaptics TouchPad Driver and Software.Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package and hide updates to the Synaptics TouchPad Driver.  (Doing so will block your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 19 of the driver.)Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).Restart your computer again.Rejoice!  Your TouchPad settings will finally save across sessions again.  ..."- DanG82 If those steps do not help you resolve the issue, please call into HP Support. HP Support

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchPad-on-my-ENVY-Notebook-Driver-Issue/td-p/5566365
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys n gals!

I've been having some issues sorting out my wireless, and I think it's time to bring it from networking to hardware forums!

My network adapter is showing as "Unknown" in device manager instead of a network adapter, since uninstalling it and trying to install both the Gateway drivers, and also the Intel drivers, it is showing as having a yellow exclamation mark.

Although I can connect to the internet wirelessly, I really need to connect through Windows as Blueyonder have provided me with a rubbish connection manager. Problem being Windows is denying I have a network adapter to connect wirelessly!

Please help!!

Screenshot of device manager attached.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-pro-wireless-2200bg-notebook-issue.641912/
Relevancy 43.86%

We bought my son this laptop from Best Buy a couple of years ago nbsp He didn't really take to it because the track pad is so awful but he was just finally starting to use it with an USB mouse when Windows came out nbsp The OS upgrade was a year - Fan 2 laptop Notebook PC old HP Issue Envy fiasco nbsp We almost couldn't get Windows installed because Windows was reporting an issue with the fan nbsp After a calls HP Envy Notebook PC Fan Issue - 2 year old laptop with Microsoft support HP Envy Notebook PC Fan Issue - 2 year old laptop and many hours we finally got the upgrade completed nbsp However a few weeks after upgrading the operating system the computer stopped working altogether nbsp The message we get is the following nbsp nbsp The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly nbsp Then the system shuts down nbsp You can hit enter to allow the computer to startup normally nbsp It will still turn off though after a few minutes nbsp I just called HP support and was charged to ship my computer to them and have this issue resolved nbsp What choice did I have nbsp Otherwise this is simply an paperweight nbsp I asked if I could just purchase a warranty but apparently my calling support and reporting the issue would prevent me from simply purchasing the extended warranty for this machine nbsp Although I didn't try it nbsp Frankly this is highway robbery for a product this age and for the amount of time this computer has been been in operation nbsp It had only been lightly used or hours at most nbsp This issue is reported numerous times throughout the forums and obviously a faulty system design nbsp http h www hp com t Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions HP-Envy-M -A -Cooling-Fan-Not- http h www hp com t Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions HP-Envy- -cooling-fan-issue td https www youtube com watch v k LRS lm DcWhy should I have to pay this outrageous sum of money for something that is obviously a poorly designed system nbsp nbsp I nbsp would really appreciate a refund nbsp Is HP willing to stand by their products or not nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Notebook-PC-Fan-Issue-2-year-old-laptop/td-p/5699517
Relevancy 43.86%

Lenovo B490 takes very very  long to connect it with wifi router. It do connect but after 4 to 5 hours. Will you please assist me to solve this issue. It is just recently new purchase. I tried all the simple steps like on/off of the router/ trouble shoot problem etc.My other Laptops/ cell conncet instantly. Problem with only Lenovo B490

A:Lenovo B490 Notebook Wi-Fi connectivity issue

Hi prakashdj,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to hear that the Laptop is connecting to the wireless network very slowly and not working as expected, re-installing the exact wireless driver will resolve this issue, below is the link to enter the downloads page and install exact Wireless driver accordingly, please click on "Select Product" then in "QUICK PATH" enter the model no. as B490 select the exact model.

Support Drivers & Software downloads

Hope this helps!!!

Do post us back if the issue still persists.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B490-Notebook-Wi-Fi-connectivity-issue/td-p/1225817
Relevancy 43.86%

I have updated my PC TABLET Phone to pc amp tablet phone But last night I tried to update one of my notebooks gt Ran the Windows pre-diagnostics came back saying I needed another GB on my SSD C Drive check with Windows com support page and it recommended among other things which I did also to delete the downloads I just moved them to D Drive gt Hit Try Again the download went fine no hangs gt After download was complete went through the quot Let's get started quot ritual gt Computer made its way to my Sign in Notebook a Need little Major on: issue on help 14393.xxx to a Update Screen Great I signed in Great I noticed that my Bluetooth mouse Need a little help on: Major issue on a Notebook Update to 14393.xxx was working all one its own - this hasn't happen since I installed Widows in July without having to removing the device rediscovering it and re-Pair - every time the computer sat for a period of inactivity MAJOR Great gt ALL seem fantastic started Netflix and watched about mins of a show THEN it began Netflix buffering red circle appeared no big deal Need a little help on: Major issue on a Notebook Update to 14393.xxx stayed there for too long concern for my other devices PC amp Tablet had the same lockup issue earlier that day - and the only way to break the lock was to Hard re-Start power down the PC and Soft restart the Tablet - so I did a Power Down on the notebook mouse moved but could not activate a function gt Had to do this repeatedly for I kept getting the same result now after a couple of mins the computer goes into a state of quot NO response quot gt Any suggestion for a Fix would be quot greatly quot appreciated Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435212-need-little-help-major-issue-notebook-update-14393-xxx.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello ,

Ive installed a fresh copy of win 10 on this laptop , but the problem is that graphic driver installed by windows makes a delay when I run the laptop , after the win logo , it stuck for about 30 sec on a black screen , then enter the logon screen of the windows .. Ive tried to use the driver given here :

HP Pavilion dv7-6b00ee Entertainment Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

and then try to restart or shutdown the laptop & run it again , the issue was disappeared , knowing that the driver that makes the issue has these information

so can you tell me please why this issue happened with this driver ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66370-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook-pc-display-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All,

My friends laptop has suffered a BSOD. Attached are the minidump file and the MSINFO32 file. Could some one please let us know what is the source of the problem as this is the first time it has occured and is afraid it might occur again. Plesae let me know if any ohter details are needed.

Here are some of the system specificaiton-
Windows Vista Home Basic - Service Pack 1
HP Presario Notebook - Presario v3700 Notebook PC

Thanks,
Karthik

A:[SOLVED] BSOD Issue, HP Presario Notebook

Hi,

We'll need more system info. Please follow the instructions in this post http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and attach the resulting files to your next post. If the zip file is too big then split the contents into more than one zip.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-issue-hp-presario-notebook-378627.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My G72B27Cl notebook has a problem to recharge the battery. At beginning, I thought it was the battery issue - too old to be recharged. After installed a new battery, the power run off fast from the battery and there was no sign to indicate the battery being recharged as usually. When the battery was detached and the computer totally dead even with the power unit on. Can this issue be fixed or I have to give up the comptor? Thanks for any suggestions. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/G72B27Cl-notebook-battery-recharge-issue/td-p/5608808
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an unusual problem with an hp 15-r015dx Notebook.  It's running a fresh install of Windows 10 64 bit.  I've run all the driver installation routines provided by HP Support.  Here's the issue: When WiFi is turned on, certain keys on the built in keyboard don't work.  Specifically, the spacebar, backspace, tab, and enter do not work.  Nothing happens when they are pressed. When WiFi is turned off, all the keys seem to function normaly. If a USB keyboard is plugged in then all the keys function properly from on the external keyboard, with the WiFi on or off. I've searched all over the internet for alternative WiFi and keyboard drivers, to no avail.  I've searched many forums for a similar issue/resolution to no avail.   Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution?  Thank you in advance for your help.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unusual-WiFi-keyboard-issue-HP-15-Notebook/td-p/5835535
Relevancy 43.86%

Good afternoon,

It would appear that my BIOS update has stalled on the screen below...

I've gone to the drivers for my computer to download the newest version of BIOS for my computer.  When I download the files to a USB, the instruction manual indicated .exe file for install does not download. 

I'm stuck at this point in trying to find a way to give my computer the latest BIOS update.

Model: E1P05AV
[personal information removed]
BIOS Version: Insyde F.65, 11/20/2014
Processor: Intel Core i7

PLEASE SEND HELP!

Thanks!

Jake

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Update-ISsue-ENVY-Notebook/td-p/5811370
Relevancy 43.86%

I had previously talked to FlashRam about this problem who gave me a number of solutions to try nbsp I nbsp tried the hard rest first to no avail nbsp I nbsp followed all the steps in nbsp HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad Windows including redownloading the newest drivers and still nothing nbsp I also tried your TouchPad Driver Issue Notebook ENVY my on link to nbsp HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures Windows I ran the component test for the mouse and passed both the pointing and drag tests So clearly its not a hardware issue but a problem with the compatibility between the Synaptics Pointing Device -v driver and the Touch Pad nbsp When I roll back to the Microsoft nbsp Touch Pad driver the touch pad works but with a lot less functionality the driver date is After a few days though it ends up updating to the nbsp Synaptics Pointing Device -v driver Is TouchPad on my ENVY Notebook Driver Issue there a way to stop it from updating nbsp My machine originally had Windows on it and I upgraded to Windows I noticed Synaptics has a newer driver v that goes with Windows but TouchPad on my ENVY Notebook Driver Issue I haven't had luck trying to install it Do you think that's the issue and if so could you explain how to replace that with my current driver nbsp Thanks nbsp Matt

A:TouchPad on my ENVY Notebook Driver Issue

I have been having the SAME exact issue that you are having.  In fact I bought two of these machines and they both had the same exact issue with the touchpad.   I still have one of these machines but the other was returned. My device is also an HP Envy 15t-q300, also originally installed with Windows 8.1.  I installed Windows on this machine from a clean ISO install. Currently I have Synaptics driver 19.0.19.1 (Driver Date: 8/5/2015).  This provides full functionality to the touch pad and has been stable.  The annoying part however is that Windows Update likes to update this driver.  Once that happens the touchpad will typically work until the machines goes into it's first sleep cycle, and then upon next resume the touchpad shows as disabled and there is no way to enable it.  That is when I must perform the driver roll back and things work for a while again. I have downloaded the latest drvier from synptics and the same issue occur as they do with the driver from Windows Update.  I would really like to see a resolution to this issue as it's really quite irritating. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchPad-on-my-ENVY-Notebook-Driver-Issue/td-p/5504212
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

My notebook detects two wireless networks around my house, one is secured and the other is not.

Can my notebook be detected and hacked even if I'm not using anyone's wireless network?

Thanks!

A:Wireless Notebook & Network?

If your not connected to anything (wireless or otherwise) then you can't be hacked.

Daniel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-notebook-network.364083/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have 3 desktop PCs on a WLAN (2 running XP and one Vista), and have just tried to add a new notebook (XP) using MS wireless network setup wizard.

The notebook can 'see' the wireless network and knows the name of its workgroup, but will not connect - it can't see the other workgroup PCs and they can't see it.

I think I have checked all the settings I can get to - any ideas, you wonderful people?

Blockbell

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, everyone. I have plugged in my network cables, there is still a red cross on my network connection. I have tried the following:
1) change the cable
2) reinstall the network driver

LAN and wireless cannot work.

Then, I go into Administrative Tools-> Services.
I found that the Service "Network Location Awareness" is missing, I think this causes the problem.
I want to ask, how can I add back this service to Services?
Thank you very much.

A:My notebook cannot connect to network

Here is the error message:
error 7003 The Network List Service service depends the following service nlasvc. The service might not be installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/151033-my-notebook-cannot-connect-network.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop networked to a desktop PC. The network stopped working, and I discovere that the notebook's modem had failed. It will work with an external modem, but I find I also can't use the ethernet connection. I tried hooking up to a cable modem and to network, but no success. Are the modem and network card "connected" inside the computer? Since these are built-in components, can I even get to them to replace them, or does this require going in for service? I do NOT know my way around the inside of a notebook...but I want my network back!
Thanks for any help.....

Relevancy 43.86%

After struggling a few days with all kinds of viruses PC AntiSpyware braviax Total Secure msword I thought to have gotten rid of all infections My machine operates pretty normal up to reasonable speed and no heavy loads on my internet connections So far so good until I try to visit common anti-virus malware sites such as avg com norton com I get either a redirect to 'ezquestion com' or similar or a 'broken link' Obviously there's still something smoking under the hood Thanks to on apparantly issue clean Rootkit machine help from Blaze from the HJT team it seems I have a rootkit installed After his advice I followed the malware-guidelines and herewith post the DDS-log and RootRepeal log files Could you help me on this one DDS logfile DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by bert at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC WINDOWS sySTEM Rootkit issue on apparantly clean machine SvchoSt ExE -k ddnsfilterC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC Program Files Dell AccessDirect DadTray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exesvchostC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings bert Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google comuSearch Page hxxp www google comuDefault Page URL hxxp www dell comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com iemSearch Page hxxp www google commStart Page hxxp www google comuSearchAssistant hxxp www google comuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google comTB amp Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No FileuRun ecSetupX exe D ecSetupX exe D uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files msn messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgrounduRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun RegistryMechanic c program files registry mechanic RegMech exe HmRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files java j re bin jusched exemRun lt NO NAME gt mRun DadApp c program files dell accessdirect dadapp exemRun Dell QuickSet c program files dell quickset quickset exemRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exemRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exemRun UpdateManager quot c program files common files sonic update manager sgtray exe quot rmRun PCMService quot c program files dell media experience PCMService exe quot mRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun URLLSTCK exe c program files norton internet security UrlLstCk exemRun gcasServ quot c program files microsoft antispyware gcasServ... Read more

A:Rootkit issue on apparantly clean machine

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I'll ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2Link 3Important!You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an Malware Removal Expert, not for private use.Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Make sure that you save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252428/rootkit-issue-on-apparantly-clean-machine/
Relevancy 43.86%

Here is the background on this issue:We had a website using a shared ssl certificate and we just switched to a dedicated ssl certificate. We have one winxp machine now that everytime they try and go to the management section for the website it does not load and redirects them to the old shared ssl certificate website. (ie ssl.hostingcompany.com instead of https://www.website.com/management/)All of our machines here can get to the new management site except this one machine. It has been over a week since we switched. We have tried everything with this machine, cleared all the history and cache, ran ipconfig /flushdns and still nothing. We also installed firefox to see if it was IE but firefox produced the same result as IE.Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130231/issue-with-winxp-machine-and-internet-site/
Relevancy 43.86%

Specs Model HPE- f AMD Phenom II x gig Solved: Need Help Machine Issue. Possible Overheat unstable. DDR Solved: Possible Overheat Issue. Machine unstable. Need Help TB RPM Hitatchi HD Corsair tx w PSU Alvorix RS Motherboard Nvidia GTX GPU OS Windows Home x I m not sure the problem is heat but that s my most recent theory Symptoms Machine randomly freezes Have to Hold the button down When it comes back up the machine appears to power on lights and fans but the screen remains black Sometimes it will power on and there will just be a sever delay before the monitor comes on Sometimes the machine randomly cuts out The computer seems to come right Solved: Possible Overheat Issue. Machine unstable. Need Help back on but the screen stays off What I know so far It s not the monitor I ve tried multiple and monitors and those same two monitors work Solved: Possible Overheat Issue. Machine unstable. Need Help on my other desktop It s not the PSU I ve tried two different units and the currently installed device is brand new out of the box I have done a clean install of windows As in I deleted partitions quot system quot and quot OS quot and created new ones then formatted It s not a problem with windows updates I haven t done ANY updates this time just to be sure I ve reinstalled windows multiple times Every time before this time I did the updates Problem occurs with and without updates I don t think it s driver related I cleared all drivers using driver sweeper before and after installing the new video card chipset AMD display audio etc the previous stock card was ati HD Like I said maybe it s not heat but I m open for any and all suggestions please I would like to know if theres anything I m missing If there s any way to be sure it is or isn t heat Is it possible that my video card is overheating Or would it have to be my processor I downloaded Speedfan but am having a little trouble determining how to use it to my advantage It does seems my hard drive or whatever speed fan calls HD is running hotter than my quot core quot Is that normal I ve been running the machine with the side panel off but it s still giving me trouble nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I having issue Machine Stop: New BSOD 0x0000000F4 with Help just recently purchased a new PC and when I discovered the video card was less than optimal I replaced it and the PSU with the ones in my previous computer Even before doing this though I would get occasional BSOD s but I didn t think much of it But now i m getting this one with much greater frequency Specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M System Model To Be Filled By O E M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - P CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Help with New Machine having BSOD Stop: 0x0000000F4 issue Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled Help with New Machine having BSOD Stop: 0x0000000F4 issue DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz PSU is W I have googled the stop error code but there s different solutions and I don t want to clean disk my PC if it s a power issue as that will most likely not fix anything but I m pretty much in the dark about what it might be Some solutions i ve looked up say to remove and replace the CMOS battery but with this being a month old computer what are the chances that it could be that Also this computer was not pre built I went to a computer repair shop that also will build one for you The parts were ordered and he assembled it for me So I have no way of contacting a company like Dell or HP etc EDIT Just yesterday I also began running into a nearly identical situation that happened in this thread http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -computer-frozen-likely-virus html This is really weird since this is what happened with my older computer part of the reason I purchased a new one anyway and now it s happening on this newer one It only just began and it seems like the problem is gone for now but just wanted to bring it up in case there is any connection with the BSOD but I doubt that nbsp

A:Help with New Machine having BSOD Stop: 0x0000000F4 issue

As an update, I will now get the same freezing and "preparing security options" message when I Ctrl+Alt+Del as seen in the link and after a few seconds of that message I get a bluescreen. Same Stop error code.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-machine-having-bsod-stop-0x0000000f4-issue.1106533/
Relevancy 43.86%

I installed Windows 7 RC (build 7100) as a dual boot OS on the same computer as Vista Ultimate. For some reason, I cannot see my XP machine on the network when running Windows 7 (works fine on the Vista partition). I have the Windows 7 partition setup in the correct work group, and I could see the XP machine when I first installed Windows 7, but now it doesn't show up as being attached to my network.

From my XP machine, I can see the Windows 7 machine, but cannot access the shared files.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-networking-issue-doesnt-see-xp-machine.826856/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, i have a gateway with windows xp pro sp3 and i am having an issue with java virtual machine launcher while trying to open a program.

I have already unistalled all previous versions of java and reinstalled them with all new up to date versions. Still have same error message upon opening the program. Any help would be grateful.

A:JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE LAUNCHER ISSUE

What is the EXACT error and what programs are causing Java error?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376590/java-virtual-machine-launcher-issue/