Windows Support Forum

Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

Q: Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

I m hoping to get some help on this because I ve spent hours and hours during the last days trying to fix this problem on my own No luck Please I m trying to connect to a public wifi network at home on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad and while it shows that the computer none but Unidentified network. Packets No access. internet set received. is connected to the network it shows quot unidentified network no internet access quot and I Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access. m unable to go online My housemate has a Mac laptop and it connects without any problems When I go to quot Wireless Network Connection Status quot it shows that packets have been sent but received Operating System is Windows bit This is what I get from the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dasha-THINK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecbc a a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- F- - - E-BB-C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-BB-C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes As you can the default gateway is blank I run McAfee and I already tried disabling the firewall and then uninstalling McAfee thinking it s the cause of my problem but nothing changed When I try to ping I get lost and packets sent and received I hope someone will be kind enough to offer some ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.161.62(Preferred)Click to expand...

that's the problem - - not attached to your router.
"Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed" is typically the reason.

save the attached file to disk and rename by removing the .TXT suffix

double click and allow the change.

disconnect the ethernet cable, wait 30 seconds and then reattach it

+30 seconds more and repeat the IPCONFIG /ALL

you should see Note Type hybrid and a real IP address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-packets-set-but-none-received-no-internet-access.193127/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

my Dell laptop (win xp) is connecting to my wlan repeater which connects to the router but doesnt seem to get any data back. I have tried removing al firewall software, pinging multple pc etc.

Windows-IP-Konfiguration
Hostname. . . . . . . . . . . . . : D7JDY03J
Primäres DNS-Suffix . . . . . . . :
Knotentyp . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unbekannt
IP-Routing aktiviert. . . . . . . : Nein
WINS-Proxy aktiviert. . . . . . . : Nein
Ethernetadapter LAN-Verbindung:
Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Es besteht keine Verbindung
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Cont
roller
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-19-B9-87-22-EA
Ethernetadapter Drahtlose Netzwerkverbindung:
Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-19-7E-B7-69-DC
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja
IP-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.57
Subnetzmaske. . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.254
DNS-Server. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
Lease erhalten. . . . . . . . . . : Freitag, 25. Dezember 2009 15:30:50
Lease läuft ab. . . . . . . . . . : Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2009 15:30:50

Sorry the ipconfig /all is in German

Merry Xmas
Tim

A:Solved: Network connected, no packets received

It is unusual in a home network to see the Dhcp server (192.168.2.254) be different from the Gateway/DNS server (192.168.2.1).

Does the wlan repeater include a Dhcp server? If so, maybe it should be turned off when used as a repeater?

Is your modem a modem/router combo, meaning you have two routers in the mix? What is the brand and model of the modem and of the router?

Can you identify which of your devices is 192.168.2.1 and which is 192.168.2.254?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connected-no-packets-received.888309/
Relevancy 86%

I have set up tons of home networks before, but this one is killing me.

I have windows XP on a laptop and on the desktop. The desktop has a dsl modem, with a wireless router. The laptop has a wireless card.

The laptop will send packets, but not receive any. There are no firewalls activated. The wireless key is correct. It recognizes the wireless connection, but does not receive anything.

What's wrong!

A:No packets being received on a simple wireless network

Is it getting an ip address?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13592/no-packets-being-received-on-a-simple-wireless-network/
Relevancy 85.14%

HELP! My internet continuously goes down because of the received packets for Vista. When I surf the web or download a file, the packets shoot up to hundreds of millions. I know this is a Vista bug because XP does not do this. What settings can help fix this issue?

A:Internet Received packets

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistasucks

HELP! My internet continuously goes down because of the received packets for Vista. When I surf the web or download a file, the packets shoot up to hundreds of millions. I know this is a Vista bug because XP does not do this. What settings can help fix this issue?

Hi. . .vista***** -

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista!

I don't agree with the implication made by your user name, but I agree with your right to voice it and attempt to defend it.

Where are you obtaining your "packet" information from? A quick check of my network connection status reveals 949,391,112 BITES received and 824,336,348 BITES sent. This would be for a period of about 6 hours. How these 1.8 MM of BITS translate into packets, I do not know. I do know that I have done a ton of downloading and uploading today. What kind of files are you downloading? My XP systems have absolutely reached this level of transmitted data. This is not a Vista-only issue. In fact, based on your post, I don't see what the issue is at all - unless you tell me that your system has performance issues tied directly to Internet transfers.

Any other ? - please POST.

regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-received-packets-226861.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hey guys, some help here.
i am runnin xp sp2. cant seem to get a connection.
i am running a wireless connection.
under Wireless Network Connection Status, only 10 packet received while
1,834 sent.
Any suggestions ?

A:No packets received for internet connection

reboot your WiFi router problem will be resolved...........

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-packets-received-for-internet-connection-625721.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

One of the laptops in our house recently had a virus which was tricky to remove so I reformatted it and went through the setup but it wouldn't connect to the internet.

I tried setting a static IP and it would say it's connected, yet it wouldn't be receiving any packets and the webpages won't load?

Really not sure what's wrong with it as I've updated the drivers and tried using my own USB dongle from my PC, but neither work?

The laptop is running XP SP1 and the router is a D-Link DSL-2640R

Let me know if you need me to run any inconfigs/tests or post any information.

Thanks in advance,
Milo

Relevancy 84.28%

Thank you if you help me Both my IPv and IPv Connectivity are limited I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and a Motorola SB SURFboard Cable modem Here what received) (Packets No being Internet are sent but none Connection. it says when I put ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jessica-PC Primary Dns No Internet Connection. (Packets are being sent but none received) Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List rnxeasyn Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ADMtek ADM USB To Fast Ethernet Conve rter Physical Address - -D - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e e a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E -D - - E- -B - B- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix rnxeasyn Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - F- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f fe b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E -D - - E- -B - B- DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -B -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EC F- F- DA -AE -BF FCB br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix rnxeasyn Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A -EAAD- D - E-DF C A br AB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:No Internet Connection. (Packets are being sent but none received)

you appear to be connected by wireless and that router on the website is not wireless

Have you switched everything off
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

When you plug the Cable into the PC - just each side of the connection there may be two little lights yellow/green do you se those and are they on/flashing/off

can we see a device manager screen shot

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-packets-are-being-sent-but-none-received.1015859/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,

I have an HP Pavillion a1547c running XP Pro SP3. Customer complained of no internet a few days after he got it back from me, all I did initially was backup QuickBooks company file. Internet worked. He said, "nothing happened, nobody messed with anything."

My troubleshooting steps I've taken with no success.

Ruled out any virus infections
Ran CCleaner
rebooted modem/router
Attempted to release/renew IP - IPCONFIG command not allowed
reset winsock
reset tcp/ip stack
reset firewall
ip and DNS both set to obtain automatically
updated NIC driver
used old USB to Ethernet adapter - showed connected but no packet activity
disabled onboard LAN and installed NEW NIC with same results

Other info
Firewall will not start
No active a/v product installed
connections set to automatic on Internet Options
Same results in safe mode w/ networking

Thanks!
Robert

A:HP desktop - No internet / packets sent or received

Hi Robert & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

In the first paragraph of your post, you state that you took a backup of the Quickbooks file and internet started working. Could you please tell me what happened then that led to you troubleshooting the system?

-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596033/hp-desktop-no-internet-packets-sent-or-received/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I have recently moved into a new building that has ADSL built-in just connect to is Internet 0 fine, but Connection packets received the wall and away you go Not for me though At first I connected by hardwire and quot limited or no connectivity Internet Connection is fine, but 0 packets received quot appeared After disabling quot Obtain and IP address automatically quot and the same for DNS and adding my IP address can t remember where I Internet Connection is fine, but 0 packets received found it sorry it was a number I think then the quot limited connectivity quot sign disappeared and I had a perfect connection However I still don t receive packets and my internet won t work I have tried a number of things but it is difficult since I only have access to the internet at work via wireless connection I ll quickly start with a brief history of my networks to give as much info as possible I originally was connected via a yahoo broadband modem model unknown directly but a flatmate purchased a computer so I set up a router model unknown - Japanese model all in Japanese language This worked fine for a long time I moved into another flat and connected to a new modem Connection - on OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller which I have disabled at the moment in favour of my on-board NIC Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC I also recently installed a wireless PCI card which works fine but not in my flat This is IEEE g Wireless Cardbus PCI Adapter manufacturer is Marvell I am not sure of the details of my new buildings network and there is no-one I can ask either I know it is ADSL and I know there is a username and password I need to use to log-on but can t see anywhere that I would input it Here are my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dannywhite Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter LAN Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -BE- -F Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description IEEE g Wireless Cardbus PCI Ad apter Physical Address - -E - A- -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled I have recently reset the IP address on my LAN to the one above but haven t actually had chance to try it yet I m at work now I also downloaded WinSockxp fix and activated that so I m still to find out if that worked I haven t reset my netsch yet should I do this I m fairly sure that it s something to do with my IP DNS because when I had a router I had to change all the addresses however obtaining an automatic address doesn t work now and as you can see above under IP Address it has a question mark My other thoughts are that perhaps I should uninstall my wireless then install the LAN and re-install the wireless once I have a connection I use the wireless at my workplace so I m reluctant to do this because otherwise i ll have no internet at work either Actually I m looking at the ipconfig details now and have noticed that it only displays info for my wireless connection I hope you can help I m getting a little desperate Thank You Danny White p s I m living in China if this makes a difference nbsp

A:Internet Connection is fine, but 0 packets received

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-is-fine-but-0-packets-received.625074/
Relevancy 83.42%

So, after my router reset itself, I had to set it up again. no problem. Got it up and running, checking it was all fine, when I saw this under statistics.

The received bytes was a figure of around 7mb. The transmitted bytes was 47mb.

The packets, received was about 20000, transmitted was easily twice that.

I don't upload anything at all. I would watch youtube videos, browse webpages,and the received always seemed a lot less than transmitted.

What would be causing my network to transmit so much data and receive so little? There are no unauthorized devices connected to our router, so I'm at a loss as to what is using up all my bandwidth and what data it's sending?

Is it a simple thing, like I've misunderstood received/transmitted actual meaning, or what?

A:Home network router shows higher transmitted packets than received

Are you talking about the LAN statistics, or is this what your router is saying?

If the former, are there any shared services on the network like HomeGroup, streaming or file shares?

If the latter, what?! It could be a virus. Check your Resource Monitor to see what is doing what and also to confirm which PC is doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333177-home-network-router-shows-higher-transmitted-packets-than-received.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I can connect to the network but doesn't connect to the internet. I have tried a lot of ipconfig cmd's /renew said "unable to connect to dhcp server" and others didnt work all out of ideas.

Relevancy 82.13%

Yesterday I left my house to run some errands Before I left I had a full internet connection When I got back I had no internet access Each network I try to connect to I can connect to but it says each one is an Unidentified network with No Internet access I could connect to any Internet Access Network/No Unidentified of these Unidentified Network/No Internet Access networks before and it would have the correct name and give me internet access I didn t change anything didn t download or update any drivers so I don t understand how this could randomly happen without me touching anything Unidentified Network/No Internet Access Anyways I ve searched through the internet and have tried so many possible solutions I ve done the Bonjour solution that didn t work I ve tried resetting the TCP IP that didn t Unidentified Network/No Internet Access work either I ve tried many others that I can t think of or don t remember I just need someone to help me figure this out This is a real problem being in college and having online homework Here s what I got from from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U E Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Disabled Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Did a forum search and could not find my particular problem.

I have a small business network (15) running through a Linksys RVS4000 router with DHCP enabled.

One workstation will connect out to the internet upon reboot or disabling/enabling the NIC, but shortly thereafter disconnects. It does, however, maintain seeing all the workgroup PC's and accessing mapped drives. The IP address and gateway are obviously legit when checked.

I have tried most all of the suggestions in other threads with similar issues (ipconfig release/renew, dnsflush, system restore), including restarting cable modem and router, but the darn thing keeps flipping to unknown network and cutting off internet access.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Unidentified Network/Internet access

Quote: Originally Posted by obssc

Did a forum search and could not find my particular problem.

I have a small business network (15) running through a Linksys RVS4000 router with DHCP enabled.

One workstation will connect out to the internet upon reboot or disabling/enabling the NIC, but shortly thereafter disconnects. It does, however, maintain seeing all the workgroup PC's and accessing mapped drives. The IP address and gateway are obviously legit when checked.

I have tried most all of the suggestions in other threads with similar issues (ipconfig release/renew, dnsflush, system restore), including restarting cable modem and router, but the darn thing keeps flipping to unknown network and cutting off internet access.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Well, I've tried everything I can think of from suggestions on this board and others, including system restore, reinstalling the NIC, removing firewall and all security (Microsoft Security) moving to another location, windsock reset, ip reset.....still cuts off after ~5 minutes. (I've left some things off I'm sure)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277414-unidentified-network-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Working with a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS. I set it up in my home and applied all the updates. Bought it to the persons house and hooked it up there and all seemed fine except after some time the computer could not access the internet anymore. The icon in the task bar stated "Unidentified Network, No Internet Access". I went back and went into Network Sharing and removed all the unidentified networks which there were 2 and connected once again telling Win7 that this was a Home Network. It all worked fine, logged off, shut down and everything came back fine. I thought all was good until about 4 hours later I get a phone call saying they have no internet access again and that the taskbar icon again states Unidentified Network No Internet Access. What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!!

A:Unidentified Network - No Internet Access

How is the network setup? Wired, Wireless, Mixed, is there a router? Open a CMD window with Admin privilege, type ipconfig /all, save as .txt and post it back here. Thnx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209367-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Once every few weeks my laptop will suddenly overnight switch Unidentified Network:No Internet Access from my normal wireless network to an Unidentified Network:No Internet Access unidentified network and have no internet access Unidentified Network:No Internet Access The other laptop we have is perfectly fine and what I'm on right now however that one isn't mine and I would like mine to actually work every once in a while I've been through a number of threads and tried everything I can from checking the network security to putting a static IP address to changing the DNS and nothing I can find is working I also tried the cmd prompts to renew the IP and it still hasn't worked When it Unidentified Network:No Internet Access does get fixed it's after a few hours with no changing it just randomly goes back to working and I don't know why but then a few weeks later it'll start doing it again and I have to wait again I even tried the solution I saw of stopping Bonjour and that didn't help Any solutions at all are helpful I need this laptop for work so anything as quickly as possible please

A:Unidentified Network:No Internet Access

I guess its an issue at your ISP's end. Contact them to check for any outage in your area.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212985-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I am new to the forum but have read lots and lots of threads in my quest to No Internet Network Access Unidentified solve my issue I am not terribly computer literate so please bare with me I have a new Packard Bell running Windows Home Premium The tower has been replaced once as although I could initially connect wirelessly to the internet it Unidentified Network No Internet Access became more and more problematic When the shop checked it they said it was dropping the connection and Unidentified Network No Internet Access therefore swapped the tower charging me for backing up my info to my hard drive At the time I asked if could be a Windows issue and I was told no The new tower connected to the internet for about minutes before dropping the connection and since then I have had the little yellow warning triangle and quot unidentified Network - No internet access quot message although occasionally it does identify the network but still had no internet access Even when showing the unidentified network message it still shows that the Wireless Network Connection is connected to the home network I Unidentified Network No Internet Access don't know what information you need or how to get it but am willing to try ANYTHING you can suggest The other computers are all happily connected - I am using my netbook to try to find the answer to the issue I have not loaded any of my own info onto the new system as thought it best to sort the issue first If I can't use the computer for the internet it is pointless me having it and I will return it to the shop All helop gratefully received Julia

A:Unidentified Network No Internet Access

wireless connections are always less reliable than wired

- does the machine have a wired network port (looks like an oversized phone jack)
- can you connect a network patch cable from the machine to your internet router/firewall/network switch? - does it work okay then?

just fyi - wireless networking fails when there is interference or poor signal - that's not something inside your machine, it is an environmental issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50458-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I Internet No Unidentified Network - Access just reformatted my hard drive because of Unidentified Network - No Internet Access network and Adobe problems That fixed my Adobe problems but now my network has a new problem My PCI adapter card connects to the network automatically and shows connected but there is no Internet connection because it cannot identify the network I can connect to my home network which does not have Internet but when I connect to the free WIFI where I am I can not connect Before the reinstall I could connect but not automatically Many suggestion were provided by this forum but none of them worked so I could connect automatically That was one of the reason for the reformat and reinstall I can connect to the free WIFI with two of my other computers with no problems That is why I am sure it is a WIN problem I tried the diagnostics and it 'fixed' lack of valid IP configuration and the default gateway but I still can not get connected The only way to connect is with my tethered smartphone At least it works

Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamhunter

I just reformatted my hard drive because of network and Adobe problems.

That fixed my Adobe problems, but now my network has a new problem.

My PCI adapter card connects to the network automatically and shows connected, but there is no Internet connection because it cannot identify the network.

I can connect to my home network which does not have Internet, but when I connect to the free WIFI where I am. I can not connect. Before the reinstall, I could connect, but not automatically. Many suggestion were provided by this forum but none of them worked so I could connect automatically. That was one of the reason for the reformat and reinstall.

I can connect to the free WIFI with two of my other computers with no problems. That is why I am sure it is a WIN7 problem.

I tried the diagnostics and it 'fixed' lack of valid IP configuration and the default gateway, but I still can not get connected.

The only way to connect is with my tethered smartphone. At least it works.

Can you show us a few screenshots of the network and sharing center when connected to your "rv/home" network and when connected to your "campground" wifi?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190078-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Windows laptop that until now has been able to connect to our old router - a D-Link g GHz model It was starting to give out so we got a new one - Netgear N which should work much better with windows It does work just fine network internet unidentified access / no for my brother s laptop But when my mom s laptop tries to connect it gets Unidentified Network and No Internet Access I ve searched around online a little and found the Bonjour bug but that is not the problem I looked through the services list and unidentified network / no internet access the Bonjour id string was not there The computer unidentified network / no internet access is a Dell with Windows and an intel CORE processor ip config is this Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell unidentified network / no internet access Wireless WLAN Mini-card Physical Address C - -FE- -BC- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe df a cac Preferred IPv Address preferred Subnet mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B- E- - -B - - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel Adapter local area connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F F C- FF- DBB- E-CFF AB EC Media state Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration enabled yes any thoughts on what could be wrong nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access.970955/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

I did check the other threads regarding this issue, but they didn't return a solution for me.

I have internet acces through my 3G card, but I also want to connect to my wireless network using my wireless card.

The device I am using is an EXOPC. I have tried removing the adapter, disconnecting etc etc. But the network keeps on showing up as Unidentified network. There is is no popup for me to seelect the network type to be either home, business(? ) or public.

Last weekend the bluetooth/wireless card has been replaced because bluetooth wasn't working on the old one. We have reinstalled the drivers, but didn't test wireless afterwards...only bluetooth.

What should I try next? If nothing helps I will do a restore, but I hope that is not neccessary

A:Unidentified network/no internet access

Today I tried some of the unsecured networks here in the area. They do connect and provide internet access.

Can it be a problem that this new Wi-Fi card has a different MAC address, but the rest stayed the same?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/132333-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My Gateway PC is getting Internet from my WIFI which works fine. I'm using Windows 8.1 32bit. I'm trying to setup my VPN to connect on Xbox. The problem is even with out the VPN connected I still have this problem, as you can see my WIFI is working fine. Once I plug in the Ethernet cable from my computer to my Xbox I get unidentified network no internet access. I need this network to get internet access so I can go online/Xbox. I had windows 8.1 64bit and everything went well, once I switched to 32bit I have these problems please help me.

A:Unidentified Network - No Internet access Need help please

You are connecting the Xbox to your computer directly with an Ethernet cable? You aren't connecting the Xbox to a router and your computer separately to the router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51969-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-need-help-please.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a cable internet service using lan cord, i just connect to my laptop open browser and log in. Based on my service I get a specific internet speed.

For few days i am not getting any internet access. And the message is
"Unidentified Network no internet access"

During the same time when it started the windows update did not happen properly. I tried updating it again but after some time it would say that the update process failing reverting changes.

I tried connecting through wireless router, but it again connected and said
"Unidentified Network"

I apologize but could not figure out much from previous many threads

Please find attached my ipconfig /all screen shot

Please please please help me

A:Unidentified Network no internet access

Your image is too small to read. Try this Network Connections.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261017-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have 2 computers XP and one Vista wired to the network XP is working fine but Vista since 3 days ago doesn't connect to Internet. It says "unidentified network" and keeping switching between Public and Private network. Every time I click Private Network it switch to Public and doesn't connect. Please help.

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Internet Access No Unidentified Network I am having a problem with my Ethernet to where I don t have internet connection and it says Unidentified Network No Internet Unidentified Network No Internet Access Access I can connect to the internet on wireless all my drivers are up to date and I just built this pc I have screenshots of my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Casey s Gameroom gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP-NIC UT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -E - - A- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -E - - A- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ed f e a Preferred IPv Unidentified Network No Internet Access Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday August PM Lease Expires Saturday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - Unidentified Network No Internet Access D- -C - F-C -E - - A- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address D - - - - - B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B F E - - E-B - A CA FF EF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BA D - - BC- E -E C B EC B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Casey s Gameroom gt Please Help nbsp

It shows DHCP is disabled for the NIC. Are you trying to use a static IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access.1153662/
Relevancy 82.13%

Having trouble NIC no > network, internet Unidentified access LAN with LAN NIC > Unidentified network, no internet access my Windows Ultimate -bit wired LAN connection Yesterday evening everything was fine I was connected and doing some remote work into the office - I was playing with OpenVPN connections I left the machine for a few hours logged on came back and now the NIC appears dead I have restored windows to the point just before i installed Open VPN I get quot Unidentified network quot and quot no internet connection quot for my LAN connection in Network Centre There's no gateway or ip assigned looking at ipconfig all just the self assigned ip The ethernet cable is connected directly into my cable modem note not a router I have googled a lot and have tried not necessarily in this order Ensured its not the WAN RJ- cable - have connected successfully with an older laptop's LAN NIC When switching machines i turn off both the machine and the modem for secs and typically tun network troubleshooter to reset the LAN Tested the internal NIC by pinging loopback successful Uninstalled the LAN NIC and reinstalled it Removed all clients amp protocols from the NIC's properties bar IPv and Microsoft Client for windows i e specifically removed IPv Reset TCP IP using netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt Have removed the wireless adapter The only network connection is the internal NIC All forums I've scoured suggest one or more of these things so I'm exhasuted of ideas DCHP-Client issue quot Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x AE D F F The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server quot There's a new wireless router in the post That's not the point for me though since this is a brand new machine it should be working and I want it working Even though above was successful seems to me to be a prob with the card Any pearls of wisdom out there would surely be appreciated Thanks Edit ipconfig all result Windows IP Configuration Host Name AGILE-LAPTOP- Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address -AE- D- -F -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FB CBB- B E- D-BAAB- DA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:LAN NIC > Unidentified network, no internet access

If you need to switch between different machines with your modem then you would best off adding a router to your network.

Sometimes you need to shut the modem down for longer than thirty seconds, it's usually best to shut down the modem and wait a few minutes, then plug in the modem "with your system unplugged from the modem" after you plug in the modem wait till the lights settle which usually takes a few minutes.

While the modem is booting up run this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.
Download Renew IP + Reset Winsock Batch File

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127550-lan-nic-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have been trying for hours to correct this problem using the previous threads and information sadly nothing has solved it Perhaps mine is different In this case this is not computer specific laptops no longer can connect to the wifi of the router however the router shows a connection at top speed and the ethernet is working fine I have tried the troubleshooter uninstalling the wifi device and rebooting checked all entries tried manually inputing the dns gateway etc nothing fixed the problem Even dropped the firewall It is still called an unidentified public network not a home or private network which it had been and under Win Home can't seem to change that The security WEP code is correct When I click on connect to network-no unidentified access internet network it shows the router modem as connected but no internet access unidentified network What am I missing Suggestions would be appreciated as this happened to all wireless computers which seems to mean that either some software made a change I don't know about in the config of the wifi network Had just updated Skype when this happened Have since deleted it Could it be the config unidentified network-no internet access in the modem router That seemed to be the same as previous when it worked fine but not positive Advice would be welcome

A:unidentified network-no internet access

Hi there.

Im no expert here in the field of networking so someone else may have a better suggestion, but as it is happening across all devices this problem appears to be router related - first of all I would try rebooting the router by powering it down - by taking out the mains power lead for 30 seconds, allowing the power to fully drain, then place the power lead back in, then allow the router to fully reboot, reboot any connected devices and try connecting via the wireless again. See how things fair up from there. Failing that I would be looking at a hard reset of the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202172-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

so i switched service provider from plusnet to talktalk (UK) and i am having problems connecting, i have spent hours and hours reading forums trying to fix the problem and still nothing.

i have tried:

disabling and re-enabling the wireless card (dell wireless 1397 WLAN mini card)

uninstalling drivers and re-installing them

updating drivers (no updates)

turning off the router for 30 secs and turning it back onchanging ipv4 settingsdisabling ipv6

i had windows 7 ultimate a week ago, and would be able to connect after an hour of enabling/disabling restarting router, but now i cannot even connect.

Broadband provider:talktalk
Laptop: Dell Insiron 1545

i am currently using another laptop to post this, as i cannot connect on my Dell laptop

A:Unidentified Network - No Internet access

Until Windows 8 drivers are made for your Dell 1545 about all you can do is try to install the Windows 7 drivers using the compatibility mode for Windows 7, you will see the compatibility options when you right click the driver.

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

This link explains how to use compatibility mode in Windows 8.

Windows 8 Compatibility Mode ? The Digital Dilemma

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9313-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi forum I hope this is short and painless I bought a new Belkin router I use to have a Netgear modem router The Belkin router is connected to a Motorola modem I connected my devices and desktops to the router wirelessly and I have internet access There's one that connects but there's no internet access It will Network-No access. internet Unidentified say identifying-no internet access and sometimes it will say unidentified network-no internet access It will connect to the internet with the ethernet cable though Please explain step by step on how to navigate I know how to get my ip address but if you need info explain how to get it just for time sake I have a windows I attached a picture of the network adapters if that helps Here's the ipconfig Host Name dany-PC Unidentified Network-No internet access. Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - F-EA- -C -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address Unidentified Network-No internet access. - D- E- D-CB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe faf f eccb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-B - B- - F-EA- -C -A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface B B -B - F -A - BE F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E A - CD - A - D -EC B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific Unidentified Network-No internet access. DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -DE A- D - - A F F BF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface BE E - - E -BB A-F D C AB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Unidentified Network-No internet access.

Welcome to TSF,

First off...I have moved your Thread to the appropriate forum (here in Networking) to better assist you.
==============================
Please try the following recommendations:

Power cycle your devices.
How to Power Cycle Your Broadband Devices | Tech Support Forum

Remove all network profiles stored then reconnect to your own SSID or wireless network with the correct pass-phrase.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7

Please run the Network Troubleshooter from the problematic computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-675433.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Guys Am new to this forum but I just had to post to speak with some Network Internet No Access Unidentified knowledgeable chaps I really hope you can help me with this issue as am at my wits end A few months ago I got a New Dell desktop which shipped with Windows I fitted a Beklin Wireless Pen downloaded the drivers and it connected to my internet no issue Fast Forward a month or two and I go to use the system again No Internet Access I have spend all week trying to fix this I have been on the Unidentified Network No Internet Access blower for about hr with my internet provided with no joy I have tried wireless amp Hard wired The System picks up my router on both wireless amp Wired and connects But I can not access any web pages I Unidentified Network No Internet Access get full signal with the yellow sign I have put in Manually ISP address details changed from Wap to Unidentified Network No Internet Access Wep to no router password I have done a system restore deleted the Lan Wireless card drivers amp reinstalled Turned off Firewall amp deleted McFee Security Am lost amp really need your help Jonny

Quote: Originally Posted by jonny2400

Hi Guys

Am new to this forum but I just had to post to speak with some knowledgeable chaps. I really hope you can help me with this issue as am at my wits end.

A few months ago I got a New Dell 570 desktop which shipped with Windows 7. I fitted a Beklin Wireless Pen, downloaded the drivers, and it connected to my internet no issue. Fast Forward a month or two and I go to use the system again, No Internet Access.

I have spend all week trying to fix this, I have been on the blower for about 3hr with my internet provided with no joy, I have tried wireless & Hard wired.

The System picks up my router, on both wireless & Wired and connects. But I can not access any web pages, I get full signal with the yellow ! sign.

I have put in Manually ISP address details changed from Wap to Wep, to no router password. I have done a system restore, deleted the Lan / Wireless card drivers & reinstalled.

Turned off Firewall & deleted McFee Security

Am lost & really need your help.

Jonny

Try pinging google. (in search >cmd>ping google.com) If you get a result to the ping but cant connect to web pages it may still be Mcfee, or the windows firewall.

Type cmd>ipconfig /all make a screenshot and upload the output.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121323-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've seen the other theads on this issue and I have tried everything they suggested to fix No - Network Access Internet Unidentified this problem but none of them work for me I need serious help on this I am running on Windows -bit Ultimate Here is my story I was on the internet watching Unidentified Network - No Internet Access a baseball game when my PC hard locked and I had no choice but to hit Unidentified Network - No Internet Access the reset button to reboot After my PC came back up Unidentified Network - No Internet Access the network adapter would only get Unidentified Network and I would have no internet access Now my PC is connected directly to the Cable Modem I did contact my ISP and did the standard troubleshooting but we determined the issue is with my PC since I hooked up my work laptop to the Cable Modem with the same network cable of course and it had internet access with no problems Now I have two network ports on my PC and both will get Unidentified Network - No Internet Access when I re-enable Even in Safe Mode it gets Unidentified Network - No Internet Access I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the network adapter but that does not work I tried going back to a restore point but that didn't work either Heck I now installed a PCI Network Adapter Card installed it's drivers and it too comes up with Unidentified Network - No Internet Access and doesn't get an IP At this point I am really really stumped I have tried everything they suggested to fix this problem but none of them work for me I've also tried several solutions in other threads on the internet but nothing works I'm no novice when it comes to PC's since I work PC support for a living Right now I see only two options I really don't want to do I will need to reformat and reinstall Windows and see if that fixes the problem The motherboard is shot when it comes to networking and I will need to get a new motherboard Any other suggestions would be very helpful at this point Thanks

This happened to a customer of mine , could the cable be bad ? just a shot in the dark .

I found this also http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-...et-access.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/78387-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am getting this message on my laptop for cable modem hookup as well as for my wireless saying unidentified network no internet access have tried a million different things don't know what to do??please help

A:unidentified network no internet access

Hi, i've had a similar issue in Win7. I've found that manually setting the Default Gateway can sometimes help. So, do you know the address of the computer/router/hub that the computer is connected to? If so:

- Open Network and sharing center.
- Click "Change adapter settings" on the left hand pane
- Double click on the adapter (the cable line ethernet adapter)
- In the networking tab double click IPv4 Settings
- Change the radio button to "Use the following IP address"
- Set the default gateway to the address of the computer/router/hub that you're tunneling through

If this works you should get the "is this network public/home/private" message pop up. At the least then you should be able to diagnose the issue. If the problem persists ensure that you can get a web connection through the router, (make sure all the "internet" lights are on on the router to show that things are working on that end). And then try and "diagnose" the issue through the networking and sharing centre.

If the problem persists please post back for more help.

Cheers,
Jamey

Oh and if you don't know the router/hub/etc.'s IP address (the thing you need to set the default gateway as) then post back and we'll find the best way for you to do that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-647504.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,
I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1545. A day ago, my regular home network shows up as an Unidentified Network with no internet access. I've tried a lot of different things (resetting TCP/IP stack, updating drivers, etc) but nothing seems to be working. I found a situation similar to mine on a computer forums, and the cause for this problem for them was a rootkit.

On my machine, I have superantispyware, which found some stuff yesterday which was deleted - but that didn't fix the problem.

I'd really appreciate some help!
Thank you!

A:'Unidentified Network - No Internet Access'

Greetings butterboo and Welcome to the forums,

Please tell me, what antivirus/firewall product might you be using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-628566.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My laptop has been acting odd for a couple weeks by slowing down a lot, a black screen after restart that doesn't load the desktop, things like that. I thought the problem was Avast so I uninstalled it and it worked for a little while. Earlier tonight my printer waswasnworking and I found Avast firewall. I deleted it and the printer worked. After a restart because the laptop froze, this occurred. I have tried many things that I found suggested to fix this and nothing worked. I still have internet, I'm connected on my 2 phones and my tablet that I am using to post this. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Unidentified network, no internet access

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611128/unidentified-network-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello
i have a problem:
i got a new PC with windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and when I trie to connect to the Internet
i enter my Network Key and then it tries to conect, It stops suddenly
and then it says:
->Unidentified Network
->No Internet Access
but I am connectet to my router.... i just cant get internet Connection...
Frieds of me have tried to connect to my internet with there Notebook and it works,
its just my new Computer that is giving me this problem.
i really need help
i Need the Internet for my Work.
Thanks allot

A:Unidentified Network\ No Internet Access

What type of DHCP information are you getting from your router. Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all >>C:\ipconfig.txt (that should put a text file called ipconfig.txt in the root of your C drive) open the file and examine the information regarding your specific network adapter, you can edit the file and for security edit the actual line for your physical address, then attach it to your next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50231-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

As so many others I've been having problems getting my pc no unidentified network, access internet with win to connect to the internet So far unidentified network, no internet access I've reinstalled win times each time encountering the same problem no internet access and unidentified network The fourth time I reinstalled win I did have internet access for some obscure reason but have lost it again after normal reboot I did not install drivers updates or changed settings etc before this reboot I tried every trick I could find but none worked this far Among tricks system restore to the point I had access setting static ip setting default gateway to correct gateway disabling ipv changing network adresses on ethernetcardconfig disabling and re enabling ethernetcard uninstalling ethernet drivers and having them autoinstalled after reboot updating driver data installing nvidia win bit forceware divers tried everything with as well as without netsh reset in cmd release ip renew ip in cmd changing ethernetcardconfig from auto duplex settings to half full and updating router firmware resetting router rebooting pc a gazillion times system repairs searched for bonjour service not installed checking dhcp protocol in services was ok switching ethernetcard connections have got on mobo tried switching networktypes home network public network tried fiddling with network identification use the troubleshooter fat help that is tells me ip adress is weird when it's on auto and suggests finding help by logging onto the internet that would be a big help indeed On static ip it can't find the problem some other things I can' even remember exactly anymore Some data Router is D-Link DIR with latest firmware The win pc has had internet access via that router using the exact same configuration is has got now auto ip same cable same ethernetport Mobo is asus p n -e sli plus and I use on board ethernet network controllers there's both no luck Laptop with vista is able to connect to internet via that router wireless and also via same wire I use for win pc I cannot connect to the router with win pc nor ping it I destination host unreachable not with auto ip nor with correct static ip if run ipconfig all with auto ip settings I get no gateway and weird xxx xxx ip Pc shows unidentified network access in network and sharing centre has it set to public or work I cannot however change the network type to home preferably anywhere Windows Firewall is off there is no other firewall I run Avast antivirus and since I've had internet access for some time it's fully updated ipconfig data auto ip C Users MonsieurDJ gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MonsieurDJ-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe da a f b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-D - - - B-FC- -C - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ec fd f ae be Deprecated Autoconfiguration IPv Address Tentative Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D DBD - - D - A A-FA B BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FDF E- - A -A -D DF B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enable... Read more

A:unidentified network, no internet access

1) The wierd 169 Ip address happens if your computer cannot see the DHCP server, so it invents something for itself.
2) But in the static ip setup, the ip address is in the normal 192 range. but why is your DNS servers 192.168.0.1? E.g. i use opendns and my preferred and alternate DNS servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 respectively.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74323-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am getting this message on 2 fresh installs of Windows 7.1 is a laptop 1 is a PC. When the machine connects to the internet we hardwire it straight from the cogeco modem to the PC/Laptop. However when we take them to a friends house, also with cogeco and connect the same way, they get on the net fine.

The weird thing is there is one netbook we have, and when we hardwire that it connects to the net fine.
The house was struck by lightening recently as well fyi.

I have tried updating the nic, uninstalling and reinstalling the nic, disabeling the firewall (Windows and AVG) uninstalling 3rd party software (Adobe, Itunes etc) doing a System restore and restarting DHCP services.

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access?

Hello and Welcome to TSF!

Follow this guide on how to reset the TCP/IP and Winsock.

Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. Type each commands and press enter after.

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
Restart the computer after.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-504597.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have been using my Neighbour wifi to connect since 2013 and i worked fine. But from last 2 weeks i get a yellow triangle sign on wifi icon and it says No internet acess and unidentified network.

He is sharing that network with other neighbours via Ethernet cable and all are working fine. But on wifi it says that this network is unidentified and no internet connection.

Moreover when i did ipconfig in Default Gateway it does not show anything just 4 dots. Also in Media status it says Media Disconnected.

I have 3 signle on wifi. It is not working on any device in my house.

A:No Internet Access and Unidentified Network

your neighbour is breaking the rules of the ISP he has, you cannot share with other premises.
so we cannot help here
see our rules http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-and-unidentified-network.1121405/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All,

I have a custom-built new PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, and was running great until today for no obvious reason I got this "Unidentified Network" and "No Internet Connection" error. My PC is connected to D-Link switch, which is then connected to the Trendnet router which has the internet connection. I Google and tried several things to fix the issue that seems related to my Intel 82567LM-2 network adapter:

- Disable IP V6
- Uninstall driver, restart to re-install
- Install latest driver from Intel
- Disable Bonjour and remove QuickTime (just to make sure)
- Add some registry value based on similar Vista problem Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers
- connect PC directly to router
- Bang my head on the desk

Nothing worked. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

A:Win 7: Unidentified Network - No Internet Access

Hi bashar, have you tried doing a restore point?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54259-win-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

It randomly happened yesterday while I was browsing youtube This is the ipconfig all -Local Area Connection is the one not working -Local Area Connection is the one I m using until I am able to fix the other one C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - - -B -C -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac f a f f bfa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F- - - - -B -C -F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-DE-D - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - Network Adapter Physical Address - C- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cf ad network / access No Unidentified internet b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday January AM Lease Expires Thursday February AM Default Unidentified network / No internet access Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F- - - - -B -C -F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D BD - B- B- B - C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DCA FA- E- A -B B- AAE E AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE E BC-B B - EB- F- E B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d f b a f ae Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f b a f ae Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:Unidentified network / No internet access

HUAWEI Mobile ConnectClick to expand...

sometimes the software to manage this adapter also provides wireless connections.
Can you use the software manager to select cellular or wireless networks

Remove the cellular device and post an xirrus screen shot please

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access.1118856/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,
I had cable installed on 10/13/13. My laptop has not yet connected to my WI-if, but all my other computers, smart phones, and smart TV's are all connected. I had TWA people out here, called Acer, and Microsoft. No one has managed to fix the problem. Acer wants me to send my computer back to them because they believe it's broken, but I don't because it's connected to Verizon hot spot WI-if from my phone at this moment, and connected just fine to fioptics when I had it. Can any one help me with this issue? Thanks

A:Unidentified network no internet access

Hi

I hope your computers are wired to the wireless router.
Use one of the cables and connect your laptop to the router with the cable.
Then open a browser window and type http://192.168.1.1(which will most probably be your router). in case nothing comes up go back to any of the computers and lookup the gateway ip address. the gateway ip address can be found by going to command prompt( goto run and then type cmd -just cmd -3 letters)
then in the great black window type ipconfig and read the ip address right next to the one written as gatway.

Now the username and password. If you have it then its great, otherwise 9 out of 10 times the username will be admin and the password will be password or a blank.

Goto Interface setup and then wireless options and then lookup the password that is saved there. as the pre-shared key.
Put in a new one if you like and you are good to go for your smartphone or laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access.1111443/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have two computers running Windows access No Unidentified network Internet - Pro Technical Preview Build One computer is a desktop and it is working perfectly The other is a Unidentified network - No Internet access new HP -F WM laptop and it came with Windows With Bing installed and it also works perfectly in Windows mode I resized the hard drive on the HP laptop to free up Gb of space and then installed Windows TP Build from DVD It still works perfectly when I use dual boot to go into Windows When I use dual boot to go into Windows the network icon in the system tray says quot Unidentified network - No Internet access quot I did swap cables etc but I knew that wouldn't work because the laptop does have Internet access when booting to Windows I read through some threads here after searching for DHCP and connectivity issues and even tried some of the suggestions such as using regedit to look at the network profile There isn't a network profile It is displaying a IP Address so I know that it isn't getting an IP I tried to manually add the correct settings that work for Windows with as the Gateway but that fails Any ideas

A:Unidentified network - No Internet access

Try running this batch file to reset the TCP/IP and Winsock stacks.

TCPIPreset.bat

IF that doesn't help, try the static address again, but include the following Google public domain name servers

The subnet mask should auto fill with 255.255.255.0

Are your sure the subnet for your router is 192.168.0.1

Check the connection status from the Win8.x side to be sure.

IP addr: 192.168.0.27
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gtw: 192.168.0.1

Pref DNS: 8.8.8.8
Alt DNS: 8.8.4.4

If all else fails, power down the router, cable modem (if separate) and PC.
Power up the PC
Power up the router, wait 15 seconds
Power up the cable modem (if separate), wait for it to do it's handshaking with the server and ........

Bill

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/4182-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey I just registered today to post about my issue I have been reading thread after thread about this issue where my internet drops every - minutes give or take and it makes for a long read in posts pages or so long After days of reading internet dropping nonstop I figure making a post I can check for an answer instead of sifting through all the other threads would be faster and perhaps allow me to avoid another dropped connection - Internet dropped - Out of the or so pages I have read I see Users Digger and Network Unidentified Internet No Access Sexytools making many posts if Unidentified Network No Internet Access you could help it would be greatly appreciated It seem that this post Once more quot No network access - unidentified network quot is the most like mine with pics and all Robert Cartman's post is nearly identical to my current issue only differance is my troubleshooting always fixes the issue Now for some computer specs background forgive me I am not too computer savy if you need more info just let me know what amp where to find I just bought an HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC its maybe months old I do downloading on the laptop save Windows updates amp Windows Microsoft Security Essentials updates I have game installed on the PC and tend to play it online from time to time Most of my time on the net involves research so I know it it can't be torrents heavy traffic based Windows Home Premium Bit OS Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz GB Ram Network Adapter Broadcom b g n Last night after trying all sorts of suggestions in the other posts at a time and once finding it didn't work I simply undid the changes made so I am literaly back to square everytime I try a new method of quot fixing quot the issue Here is what I have tried so far Power cycle router other netbook and laptop still work fine Disable IPv Adjust the power saver options couldn't find any for the network adapter Checked current driver is up to date and was installed the day I bought the laptop Disable enable wireless network connection works for - min same as allowing windows to self troubleshoot the issue via right clicking Live Mail Have never set it up Bonjour Was never installed on my PC so it is not the issue either I left my laptop on last night to see if it would disconnect When I got home from church the network said it had been connected for hours and minutes I then figured HEY IT MUST BE FIXED I was wrong lol Shortly after I started reading a few more pages on this site I lost my connection again I find it drops faster when I play my game online drops withing minutes every time but either way it drops after simple surfing This has been going on for about - days and to top it all off my Wife's BRAND NEW Netbook weeks old has started doing the same thing today she uses her laptop for thesis research email facebook youtube Nothing has been installed on her Netbook and the only downloads save youtube vids in the temp int dir are windows updates Hers drops maybe times a day so not nearly as drastic but still annoying lol The laptop upstairs still works fine and another power cycle resorted in no change at all Windows Starter Bit HP Mini - Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz GHz Gig Ram Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter

What router do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93879-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,
I am traveling in South America with my brand new Asus Eee 1005HA-PU17, running Windows 7. I was able to connect to Wifi networks without a problem until 2 days ago, when Windows installed some new updates. Now, when I try to connect to a Wifi network it shows that I am connected, but it also says ?No Internet access? and I can not connect to any sites. I?ve done the troubleshoting over and over with no success. I can see that other people around me are connected to the internet with thier laptops. I don?t know what to do. I?ve attached a screen shot.

Please help,
TJ

A:Unidentified network, No Internet access

Go to the update panel and look at the previously installed updates, get a shot of what you installed so we can see what you did.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56270-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello all,

I'll try to explain the situation as good as I can. After always having a pretty poor wireless internet connection, I finally got an ethernet cable connection. It was working fine, even though I sometimes lost my internet connection while the other members of my family still had internet connection.. but I have never achieved downloading speeds this high before. But today, it showed as an unidentified network and kept showing as unidentified.
I have no idea how to solve this. I searched on google for a fix and found some "solutions", but none worked. So I am back to using the wireless connection and this is pretty much my last hope. Can somebody help me fix this?

Yours truly,

Kokosnootje

A:No internet access due to an unidentified LAN network

Common problem but with many possible solutions. The link shows how to fix many of these problems.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

After trying the suggestions in the link, if you are still having problems please post the output of the following two codes, you need to paste these into an elevated command prompt.

Code:
ipconfig/all

Code:

netsh wlan show all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336165-no-internet-access-due-unidentified-lan-network.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hello all First I would just like to say thank you for having such a great forum I seem to have an idea or question about how to fix make access Unidentified network- no internet my systems better and I can almost always find the answer here Now for the Unidentified network- no internet access issue I have an older desktop computer x Pro AMD GB Ram Radeon PRO NVIDIA nForce network adapter-let me know if you need any more specs which I rarely use and recently lost its wired internet connected The issue started when I tried to back up pictures from an old harddrive I was unable to boot with the drive and after fixing that I was able to boot and transfer files using Unidentified network- no internet access mini xp Hiren's I then plugged my good drives into tower and was stuck in startup repair loop I fixed that and when I booted I had no internet I realized that this happened the morning of the DNSChanger th so I figured this was the problem I ran hitman pro kapersky labs TDSSKiller MacAffee Stinger Microsoft Safety scanner Avira all found no infection I guess it is not the issue So I moved on but noticed my ipconfig showed no DNS this seemed like an easy fix it's been awhile so I am not sure what order but I did shutdown all devices on network and power up only this computer nothing reset router nothing tested conection using wired laptop and plugging in same cord laptop worked so it is working reinstall nForce adapter multiple times nothing microsoft fixit no help removed all tunnel adapters Ip - or whatever it had again nothing set manual ip dns nothing by using IP only and various cmds - dnsflush iprelease renew netsh winsock netsh ip reset no internet I just realized that I was missing my hosts file no idea but made new nothing somewhere along the lines I managed to get DNS servers and I now show that I am connected see ip all in post below I have been in and out of town and can't remember how I got that working but I still have the issue with unidentified network I have removed all antivirus had security essentials have NO itunes bonjour windows firewall is disabled I have disabled all the WAN Miniports at this point i figured maybe a hardware issue Maybe bad network controller due to old harddrive which I was messing with but I am able to boot an Ubuntu LiveCD and have internet so the adapter must be working sorry for the long post and any help is appreciated At this point it's probably something very simple I am just out of ideas and have gotten myself so confused I am not sure I'm helping or hurting the situation anymore Let me know if I need to post anything else

A:Unidentified network- no internet access

I assume this will be requested:

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Chase-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : gci.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gci.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FF-EF-FA-7F-F9-BF
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.109(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:52:01 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, July 30, 2012 8:52:01 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.165.131.12
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Thanks
-Chase

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243459-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hallo everyone,I am using a desktop with win 7 ultimate 32 bit for 2 years.It has a cable connected net connection with fixed ip.I recently bought a network adopter(http://www.snapdeal.com/product/leox.../545854109),in order to create vertual weirless network,so that I can connect my Tablet to internet.
It installed successfully and updated with a latest driver from their website.My network connection window is showing a new wireless network as I inserted it to an usb port.I made my local area connection shared with this network(may be some problem).
The problem is , this new wireless connection is showing unidentified connection and no internet access.I am not very much wise about network and sharing.Can somebody guide me step by step how I can achieve internet to my tablet through my desktop's internet connection.Thanks in advance.

A:Unidentified network,No internet access.

Have you tried updating the drivers for the wireless device to see if windows will identify the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/348255-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hallo everyone Last three days became my hardest in my internet life I have a fix access. Unidentified internet network,No I P cable internet connection in my desktop I bought Leoxsys Leo-Ap N It is a usb weirless network Unidentified network,No internet access. adopter Unidentified network,No internet access. cum router in order to achieve Unidentified network,No internet access. internet in my tablet from desktop It installed properly and also updated successfully with latest driver given from their website A sysmbol of router appeared in my task bar and my tablet also showing the wifi as I inserted it to usb But in my network page the new weirless connection showing unidentified network In network sharing page it showing no internet connection I am very much ignorant and nube about networking I must have done something wrong or may not done something right I shared my local area connection Check the properties of weirless network I tried several things after getting knowledge from internet pages and best of my knowledge But do not understand what to Can any body help me by step by step guide from the begining I want to create a vertual hotspot by that adopter from my desktop s cable internet connection in order to achieve internet in my tablet N B My device manager showing all ok except microsoft teredo tunneling adapter After checking it shows it can not start error code I tried to update driver it is saying best driver is already installed I uninstalled it and again installed same problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DH PJ Antivirus Quick Heal Total Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all Today has been rough for me since about am Network/No internet Unidentified access this morning I have a PC that I built about years ago Unidentified Network/No internet access that qualified for upgrade to Windows about months ago and until this time I've had internet access on my PC I've had some blue screens that occurred a few times a week due to sporadic issues with a windows driver for my NVIDIA graphics card - I found that NVIDIA has no drivers for Windows so I'm stuck with that windows driver I started my PC this morning to work Unidentified Network/No internet access on some emails at am and things worked absolutely fine Than about am I had a blue screen quot page fault in nonpaged area quot - this has happened before but Windows always recovered without any real harm The PC rebooted and then I found I had no internet I looked at the icon on the toolbar and it had the yellow triangle quot quot on it with quot unidentified network - no internet access quot So I checked my router - a Motorola Surfboard - all the icons were lit so I checked my laptop I'm using a laptop now for this and it was still online without issues Both my PC and laptop are connected via ethernet cables I looked on the back of my modem and the port that my PC was connected to was lit - so communication was going on there I tried the windows diagnostics - it found no problems I opened the network and sharing center and it shows quot unidentified network - Public network quot For access type No Access - For Connections Ethernet Back at about pm I found the quot fix network connection issues quot on microsoft's site and went into command prompt as administrator - and typed netsh wlan show wlanreport It said it generated a report but when I looked for it it did not exist I continued by resetting the IP DNS and renewing the IP - of course it could not renew my IP without internet connection I reset the DNS WinSock etc and rebooted - did not change anything except now I don't have a Primary DNS Suffix or Default Gateway under IP CONFIG All I uninstalled the driver and network card rebooted and it did not change anything so I shut down my PC - obviously unhappy and flustered Fast forward to pm this evening I tried netsh wlan show wlanreport again and this time when I looked up where the report was supposed to be it was there Oddly the first box on the Wlan Report has quot no events from the past hours to display quot on it - how I had internet yesterday and this morning User Info showed Username TED - User Domain TED-PC - User DNS Domain unknown I obviously have no idea how to read a Wlan Report to find problems and diagnose how to fix but I found it weird that under quot Summary quot the first box had successes failures or warnings Under Wireless Sessions it showed several events like WLAN Autoconfig Has successfully started Stopped CDE reported an L adapter arrival removal Then at it shows my operating system started after the crash followed by it says CDE reported an L adapter arrival - followed by WLAN Autoconfig service has successfully started - then at it says CDE reported an L Adapter Removal CDE reported an L adapter arrival CDE Reported an L adapter removal CDE reported an L Adapter arrival CDE Reported an L adapter removal CDE reported an L adapter arrival So this is where I stand now - Ethernet status IPv amp IPv Connectivity both state No Connectivity I am hoping someone here can get this problem solved for me so I can get my main PC back connected to the internet Thank you - if you need information tell me how to get it and I'll try to get it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60650-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

HI

I have an Asus, Windows 7 with an Atheros AR9485 Wireless network. My wifi was working just fine until today, i cannot get online anymore , it says "unidentified network - no internet access" for some reason.

i have no idea how to fix that, could you help me?

Thanks

A:Unidentified network - No internet access

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Try the following suggestions:

- Try a System Restore, restore it to a point when you were able to wireless connect.
System Restore - Microsoft Windows

- Remove all wireless network profiles might also help then re-add the SSID that you're trying to connect to.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7

- Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Using-the-Network-troubleshooter-in-Windows-7

If the above suggestions didn't help, update your Atheros Wi-Fi driver.
http://www.atheros.cz/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295929-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Im trying to fix the unidentified network problem on a windows 7 machine and followed the instructions here the problem is that i only have windows 7 home premium so the tutorial will not do me any good ?any help would be appreciated..

A:Unidentified Network can not access internet

Common problem but with many possible solutions so it's near impossible to nail it down to any one thing.

Most of the common causes are covered in the following link, the comments section has many more possible solutions.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329132-unidentified-network-can-not-access-internet.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello to the list I have a problem with a PC of my friend that i had to reinstall the O S When I try to connect to the Internet cannot connect Under the taskbar where there is the little one monitor that indicates the connection I see the blue circle spinning on it but after a few seconds comes a yellow triangle Unidentified No Network access. Internet If I put the mouse over it says Unidentified Network No Internet access The PC has as motherboard ASROCK K NF G-VSTA and as Network card built-in Nvidia GeForce motherboard As operating Unidentified Network No Internet access. system Windows As Router Linksys WAG I also noticed that the little lights on the network card are not on and if I try to get into the router with the IP address does not Unidentified Network No Internet access. make me happen I do not get even the id and password request page I'm sure both the router and the network cable are functioning because i use them on my own PC I am also sure that the build-in network works because i have tried to take off the Windows and installed the old Windows XP and it connetcted to the internet also with the light off Maybe it could be the network drivers for Windows that i cannot findon the net Someone tell me what it might be and how to solve Thanks in advance Enzo

A:Unidentified Network No Internet access.

As per the usual instructions, we'll need to see the results of ipconfig /all. There are times, this problem is caused by something at the router config. I would point a browser at 192.168.1.1 and start checking things like DHCP config, etc,. Are there any other machines on your network? I'd like to see their ipconfig /all as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341883-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I got this problem on my laptop Asus u dt under win a couple of months ago It cannot connect Unidentified internet with access network No to any network either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet I tried an external USB Wi-Fi adapter as well with the same result In case of getting IP with DHCP the network is shown as Unidentified network with no address assiged IP Unidentified network with No internet access is like When static IP enabled the network name is correct But in both cases connection is Limited and with No Internet access Connection can't be established with any router while other devices connect properly with them so the problem is on the laptop side With all of this any ping even to results in General failure When booted in Linux liveUSB network works fine so it is clearly not a hardware issue I tried resetting TCP IP stack with quot netsh int ip reset quot Unidentified network with No internet access reinstalling drivers reinstalling the network adapter and lots of other methods and still it doesn't work Restoring system is not an option since I don't have any restoration point prior to the problem anymore

A:Unidentified network with No internet access

Might not help, but are you using a USB-Network adapter? I just logged in here to mark my similar issue solved as the damned StarTech USB21000S2 adapter drivers were causing all the issues. Got rid of that and used another brand and style of 1Gb-adapter it all worked again.

It Looks like the StarTech driver is not playing well with static IPs.

IP Adressing driving me nuts

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54178-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've read multiple posts about this problem but no concrete solutions My problem is a bit different than the usual usecase Win bit Asus p k se integrated NIC Everything was working fine a couple of months until today The only thing I did was trying to install some extra memory into my machine That failed but is a subject for another post Problem started happening after that but I find it hard to believe that it the two things have a direct connection In my case the NIC manages to get an ip from the router this is a direct cable connection not wireless and the gateway address is correct However I still get the Unidentified Network - No Internet Access error I'll Unidentified Access Network Internet No - clarify that the IP and gateway info appears on the Details screen of the network adapter The main status screen shows among other things IP connectivity No Internet Access I cannot ping my router It's as if the negotiation phase between the computer and the router goes fine and then nothing Looking at the DHCP table in my router I can see that my machine appearing there with a IP I tried all the usual solutions Uninstall driver Unidentified Network - No Internet Access and reinstall no DHCP turn off computer power off Unidentified Network - No Internet Access and take out cable disable and enable adapter I also saw that some software named bonjoure is blamed for a similar problem but I don't have that installed Any ideas are more than welcomed

Have you tried clearing the cmos? That will usually get that NIC back in these types of cases.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/53360-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I had an issue with my Win 7 networking on LAN but no problem on wifi. When I plug in the network cable, it takes very long time to detect, and when it does, it shows Unidentified Network - No Internet Access and stays as public network. I do not have the normal options to choose Home, Work or Public Network. This happen at my work place. But my colleagues which on Win 7 have no issue, only me .

I tried to uninstall the anti-virus, disable the window firewall, but still fails to detect. There are few LAN port at my work place but it produce the same issue, very, very slow to detect. Please help if any setting that can be done.

Thank you.

Relevancy 82.13%

I have had my laptop for around a year and a half now, I've never had one single issue. I moved into a new house in August with 4 different roommates, we all have windows computers, tablets, xboxs phones ect.. For 3 months my computer worked 100 percent never had an issue with the internet, and then all of a sudden I tried to connect and it won't connect to the wireless router at my house. Nothing has changed same router, same computer, same connection ect. I have tried everything, theres no itunes, no adobe, I have tried disabling ipc6 and it randomly will reconnect. Its entirely randomly, when I returned from winter break no one was home then it stopped working again randomly and stopped any help would be appreciated.

A:Unidentified network access No internet access in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by imthebest

I have had my laptop for around a year and a half now, I've never had one single issue. I moved into a new house in August with 4 different roommates, we all have windows computers, tablets, xboxs phones ect.. For 3 months my computer worked 100 percent never had an issue with the internet, and then all of a sudden I tried to connect and it won't connect to the wireless router at my house. Nothing has changed same router, same computer, same connection ect. I have tried everything, theres no itunes, no adobe, I have tried disabling ipc6 and it randomly will reconnect. Its entirely randomly, when I returned from winter break no one was home then it stopped working again randomly and stopped any help would be appreciated.

It's difficult if not impossible to nail this reoccurring problem down to any one thing as there are many possible causes and solutions.

Many of the solutions are covered in the link below, the comments show many other possible solutions that may help. I would read them all carefully and see if one of the solutions applies in your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318820-unidentified-network-access-no-internet-access-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

As the title says, its quite self explanatory- i can connect to the internet fine - all the settings have been untouched.The status is connected and there isnt anyapparent hardware failure (according to windows). Its just, packets are being sent - but they are not being received. Ive reset my routerseveral times, restarted several times and i can only think of a reformat in case of an OS issue. I would like to leave this as a last resort however. I have suspicions that it may be a hardware problem. This is due to the fact thqt the previous day, before i shut down my computer, lag caused a violent interaction with my foot. it wasnt superman force or anything, just more than a tap so i highlydoubt that was the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Greetz,
Jsung

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi after trying to set something with netsh in a dos script I can t access internet anymore nothing wrong in quot local area connection quot properties ipv - ip and dns is set to auto Tried disabling dhcp client service and restarted my router I get quot quot Local Area Connection quot doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot when I try to quot diagnose the connection quot it doesnt fix the problem and suggest me to restart router oh and I noticed Autoconfiguration IPv Address thats weird im pretty sure thats wasnt there Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users User gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix windows 7 No access unidentified , network, internet Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix command in bat script I usednetsh interface ipv set address name quot name quot source windows 7 , unidentified network, No internet access static address addr mask mask gateway gate netsh interface ipv set dns name quot name quot static dns netsh interface ipv add dns name quot name quot dns index netsh interface ipv set dns name quot Local Area Connection quot static quot quot netsh interface ipv add dns name quot Local Area Connection quot quot quot index and I did that http pocketpccentral net blog windows- -unidentified-network-limited-access-no-internet-connection-problem-resolved minitoolbox log MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by User administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled ProxyServer Hosts content www applian securesites com localhost www applian securesites windows 7 , unidentified network, No internet access com IP Configuration Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Local Area Connection Connected TeamViewer VPN Adapter Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ----------------------------------pushd interface ipv resetset global icmpredirects enabledpopd End of IPv configurationWindows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TeamViewer VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-B - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled YesEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - -B - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B- F- - - B- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip EnabledTunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATA... Read more

A:windows 7 , unidentified network, No internet access

Interesting problem.
1. What I would do first is make sure that your DHCP service is running.
2. Next I would make sure that your ip settings (Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings, then right click the Local Area Connection you are having a problem with, then select Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IP 4) and click the properties button just below to the right)
3. Make sure that "Obtain an IP address automatically" is selected.
4. Same for DNS just below that.
5. Click OK all the way back to Network Connections and close that window.
6. Open a command prompt window (Start -> then type cmd in the text window and press enter)
7. At the C:/> prompt (or what ever yours shows) type ipconfig /release (then press enter)
8. When that completes type ipconfig /renew (then press enter)
9. Then type ipconfig to see what ip4 address you have (the 169 addresses are automatically loaded if windows does not detect a dhcp source for an ip)
10. Check to see if your ip address is what is expected from your router/modem or local provider. If not what is it?
11. If not, the next step I would take is to try a system restore, going back to the point closed to, but just before you ran your netsh script.
12. Then repeat steps 1 -> 10. If you do have an expected ip addr. after that, try pinging something like google. (at cmd prompt type ping www.google.com)
13 If that works hooray! Try browsing. If that works then happy browsing. If not try back and we will see what else we can do.

Note: Doing all this (if you haven't done it already) presupposes that your network and and internet hardware are working just fine. Something that just came to mind also is that (just by coincidence) your nic may have started wigging out just after you ran your script. The script may or may not have had anything to do with it but since it happened right after or during the script, it might appear that the script caused the problem. I've had similar things happen like that before.

Good luck with your problem. Hope this helps.

rjh

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457489/windows-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 81.27%

i am using a cable connection to my laptop....i am a computer illiterate..after installing windows 7 to my laptop it was going well...after some days one day my network and sharing centre showing that no internet access...but i am able to brows and do normal things in internet....i tried every thing...i googled many times about this nothing comes with luck...i uninstalled and reinstalled my network driver but the problem persists...i tried system restore also...one thing i want to tell that i use accrinies true image home..i made an imag when it was ok...when i resore that image..it seems ok for one day then again this problem comes...i am using eset nod32 antivirus and outpost firewall pro6.7.2..plz help me to get rid of this problem...plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A:unidentified network-no internet access...it just sucks

Have you tried re setting your Router/Modem rebooting it ? Sometimes they get stuck in a loop and fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62945-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-just-sucks.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi after trying to set something with netsh in a dos script I can't access internet anymore nothing wrong in quot local area connection quot properties ipv - ip and dns is set to auto Tried disabling dhcp client service and restarted my router I get quot quot Local 7 No unidentified windows network, internet access Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot when I try to quot diagnose the connection quot it doesnt fix windows 7 unidentified network, No internet access the problem and suggest me to windows 7 unidentified network, No internet access restart router oh and I noticed Autoconfiguration IPv Address thats weird thats wasnt there Code Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users User gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b c bbb Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap DCD B- B E- AC-A E - A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F -CD D- CD-A CE- AE DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix command in bat script I used Code netsh interface ipv set address name quot name quot source static address addr mask mask gateway gate netsh interface ipv set dns name quot name quot static dns netsh interface ipv add dns name quot name quot dns index netsh interface ipv set dns name quot Local Area Connection quot static quot quot netsh interface ipv add dns name quot Local Area Connection quot quot quot index and I did that Windows Unidentified Network Limited Access No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

A:windows 7 unidentified network, No internet access

Hello UnderPL Welcome to the Seven Forums!

The first method for restoring a working connection would be to shut everything down. Powering off the desktop or laptop, unplugging or switching the router off, and unplugging or turning the modem(dsl or cable generally).

You can unplug the ethernet cable from router to modem while that generally isn't necessary with it unplugged. Once all that is taken care of you wait about a half minute and then either turn on or replug the modem used and allow that to resync with the ISP(Internet Service Provider).

That will usually only take a matter of seconds to see that happen while waiting a full minute will insure that is complete. The next step from there is to turn on or replug the router and allow that to pose as the pc in order to establish a private IP. A new Mac address and IP will then be seen to.

The last step is powering up the pc hopefully having the network discovery box in the internet connections settings checked for automatic discovery. Once you are back at the desktop you then go into the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Center to run the Network troubleshooter if the network icon hasn't already turned from a red X to green by then.

This should automatically detect and apply repair for the active connection that was re-established. You'll know when you see the Home, Work, Public screen appear for selecting the type of network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235778-windows-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I have a pavilion dv6 - windows 7 home premium. everything was working fine till recently but since this morning my wireless connection is coming up as 'public network' with an error message 'unidentifed network - no internet access'. its connected to router as usual with strong signals and other computers on wireless are working just fine. I did not change anything on my laptop but now I have tried all the solutions mentioned on internet. restarting/uninstalling-installing drivers/ updating drivers/called HP support/safemode networking but nothing has worked so far. I am running AVG antivirus if thats important. any other ideas will be much appreciated. and how can i change a public network to my home netowrk in this case??thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:unidentified network - no internet access windows 7

Hi, It may be an idea to set up a Static IP address to see if this will allow you to connect. Open windows Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Centre.  Click Change adapter settings and in the following window, right click your wireless connection and select Properties.  Left click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to highlight it ( click on the wording and not the box with the tick ) then click the Properties button.  Click the radio button next to 'Use the following IP Address and then enter the following values. IP Address                                192.168.1.110Subnet Mask                             255.255.255.0Default Gateway                        192.168.1.1 Also, assign the following DNS Server Addresses Preferred DNS Server               208.67.222.222             ( These belong to OpenDNS )Alternate DNS Server                208.67.220.220 After entering these values, remember to click OK to each open Window, before restarting the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-windows-7/td-p/1050257
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello everyone I know I know you've heard that before Me too My wifes computer has had that issue many more times But usually a simple reboot disabling and reenabling and reboot would usually solve the problem This time though it has buffled me for a couple of days Let me tell what I've done ... Cable) Network, (On Access Eth ! Internet Unidentified Again No I actually have done all that I could find on the internet namely Rebooted the Computer Enabled and re-enabled the driver Rebooted the modem and switch Looked for that service that a lot of people mention on the internet I don't have it Installed the extra service on Ipv for multicast networks Changed how windows treat unidentified networks Updated the driver Downloaded and updated all the drivers from the manufacturers site Tried to set specific Address and specific instead of automatic address also set the DNS to and Rebooted a hundred times Nothing has worked so far I am on ASRock N PV-GLAN motherboard with Nvidia NForce Networking I am attaching my ipconfig having set to find the address to auto What is strange is that it defaults to a strange address instead of but when I specifically ask for an address it accepts it but nothing happens beyond that It still finds and unidentified network and no internet connection btw I am on an ethernet cable and not wifi connection Everything was working absolutely fine until the day before yesterday All of a sudden in the morning I saw the dreaded sign and that was it I am at a loss for options any ideas are welcome Please help ps If you need any more information please let me know

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access ... Again ! (On Eth Cable)

This is my ipconfig, after asking for specific IP Address and DNS.

It doesn't work either..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342390-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-again-eth-cable.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all I am trying to create a network between my laptop and ps using an ethernet cable I have checked the box to allow sharing of the internet through the laptops connection however the LAN continually states unidentifed public network no internet internet Unidentified no network - (public) access access My internet is a wireless connection using a usb key dongle I have read many threads and tried a few things but without luck Any advice would be greatly appreciated Unidentified (public) network - no internet access but please in lay mans terms as computers are not my strong point Cheers C Users Em gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Aaron Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unidentified (public) network - no internet access Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description GlobeTrotter GI - Network Interface Physical Address -F -D - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained den maj Lease Expires den maj Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fa st Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - B-DC- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled

A:Unidentified (public) network - no internet access

Using the tutorial below and substituting your DNS and routers IP's might work. I can't test this out here but the tutorial in the link below covers the process pretty well.

DHNet - Get Connected - Internet Connection Sharing - Windows 7 and the Playstation 3

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83499-unidentified-public-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys I am new here and I saw how helpful you all were so I decided to ask for some help Just today I got a new E router and for some reason I can not connect to the internet Although on my old router I could connect just fine The Network and Sharing Center Says that I am connected to an Unidentified Public Help! Unidentified Access With Internet Public No Network Network with no internet access I am directly connected to the router via an Ethernet cable When Unidentified Public Network With No Internet Access Help! I run ipconfig all this is what I get Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Image gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Image -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ba e f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AD-DB-D - - - B- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DAD EE -CCE - AFC-BFF - A EBEE BE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B A- F - E C-B E - DA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Image gt C Users Image gt Any help would be appreciated guys

A:Unidentified Public Network With No Internet Access Help!

on the bottom of the router you will see a http:// address... load it into you web browser and setup for internet access. leave the ethernet cable connected to the router through port 1. and the internet port connected to the internet modem (if thats your access)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176742-unidentified-public-network-no-internet-access-help.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey Techguy Forum gotten some help here by reading throug alot of the posts regarding my problems But im still unable to solve this Gonna try keep it as short as possible First some basic stuff that might be needed to reply my question Windows bit Ultimate Onboard network PCIe GBE Family Controller wired Truecrypt AVG Internet Security Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro Startet out with getting Trojan Agent cn in svchost exe according to Malwarebytes it got quot removed quot But the next access. / no network internet Solved: Unidentified time i startet the computer it was there again Solved: Unidentified network / no internet access. So i did some research on how to remove it Used tdsskiller Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit roguekiller and finaly combofix before i got it removed From this point Malwarebyte Anti-Malware was unable to start and has to be reinstalled Next problem was the Network was stuck on identifying network after doing some research on my new problem i found several forums saying that these services needed to be running in order for the network to function amp COM Event System for WZC issues amp Computer Browser amp DHCP Client amp DNS Client amp Network Connections amp Network Location Awareness amp Remote Procedure Call RPC amp Server amp TCP IP Netbios helper amp WLAN AutoConfig Vista wireless configurations only amp Workstation After checking out in services DHCP client DNS Client TCP IP netbios helper Solved: Unidentified network / no internet access. plus some others wasnt running They were sat to Automatic start but was stopped for some reason When chosing to start DHCP client i got this Error The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion Same for DNS Client and others After Solved: Unidentified network / no internet access. searching the net i found several solutions where i only got one to quot work quot Alot of them suggested to edit this in the registry but the only thing i got working was to delete the entry and have windows restore it by it self HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Dhcp DependOnService This somewhat solved the Identifying network that was stuck on but only to get me to Unidentified network still without internet By looking into services again DHCP Client is now marked as quot Started quot but several of the others are not and i still get the error on the others Anyone got suggestions besides reinstalling Windows they are more then welcome nbsp

A:Solved: Unidentified network / no internet access.

Is system restore an option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.1091901/
Relevancy 81.27%

I've been googling for the past 4 hours on how to fix this darn problem, and I still haven't grasped the solution. I'm not too computer savvy but the funny thing is my 2 desktops connected to the router (wired) can get online, and my two laptops connected to the router (wired) can't get internet access at all. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows 7 Unidentified network, no internet access

Dear Joshyo10!!
I had the same problem but now solved.
Have a look at this: DNS server not responding with No Internet access
Follow as I did..Hope this will solve the problem...

A) What I did first was: RUN a command prompt with administrator access.
START> CMD > IPCONFIG/all
Then you will see physical address of your LAN card and Wireless Card..
1) Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection will have physical address as "D2-7F-55-Q0-M7-57". It is unique address. Similarly,
2) Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection will also have physical address as "00-1W-26-J6-1R-AV".
My wireless network was working nicely but i had problem with wired network.

B) So Next thing I did was, right clicked on
Then START > CMD > NCPA.CPL
Right click on Network Connection > Properties > Click on "Configure.." button > clcik on Advanced tab > Find the Network Address
Under Network address you will find the "Not Present" checked. Uncheck that by clicking the check button in front of a blank box.
In that box put the value as physical address of your network card without dash (for the network which is not working...LAN Ethernet card address in your case) i.e.D27F55Q0M757
I clicked OK and waited for a minute...
And my internet started...
Hope this will work for you as well...
Best wishes!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by joshyo10

I've been googling for the past 4 hours on how to fix this darn problem, and I still haven't grasped the solution. I'm not too computer savvy but the funny thing is my 2 desktops connected to the router (wired) can get online, and my two laptops connected to the router (wired) can't get internet access at all. Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74729-windows-7-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this issue as I've tried every online post about this issue that I can find and it's still not resolved I just installed Windows on my PC I did a clean install and my old system was Windows XP I haven't installed anything on Windows yet except for the below / Network Unidentified Internet Access No Unresolvable mentioned Also my internet works fine when XP is installed on it Here is the list of things I've tried to be able to get online I've deleted the network adapter and let windows reinstall it I've updated the network card adapter to the lastest version it's a marvell yukon E I've updated Unresolvable Unidentified Network / No Internet Access my motherboard's bios to the newest version I've updated my motherboard nforce chipset with the latest drivers After noticing that my computer is assigning an ip address of I set Unresolvable Unidentified Network / No Internet Access a static ip to set up the DNS servers etc that still did not work I've tried disabling the IPv I've disabled the IP helper in services msc I checked for the service that adobe and itunes installs which aren't installed and it wasn't there I've manually set my network address I've updated my router's bios to the newest version I've tried connecting to the internet directly through the modem without the router I've disabled the Windows Firewall I've edit my registry to change my DHCP Broadcast Flag I tried connecting the cable modem via usb but there doesn't appear to be a driver supported by windows for my Ambit U C through usb I've tried ipconfig release and then renew I've also tried the flushdns I've tried disabling and reenabling the network adapter I've tried pinging the router and other computers as well as google usually nothing gets out but a few times it just times out I've watched my attached devices in my routers page on another computer and I do see the windows computer try to connect but drop out And I've tried many combinations of the above mentioned Any other ideas would be appreciated I may just try to purchase a new nic card and see if that helps And I should mention I was able at one point to connect to google but it disconnected me again before it finished loading the whole page and I haven't been able to get to that point again Also it does show that I connect to an Unidentified Network if I let the computer sit long enough and sometimes it will say it is connected to the internet but I can't actually load any internet pages

A:Unresolvable Unidentified Network / No Internet Access

Try to install the Win7 drivers version 11.22.3.9 from this page Microsoft Update Catalog , if it doesn't work, install the Vista drivers version 10.51.1.9 from that same page through compatibility mode.

Unpack them and install using the Device Manager.
Try to install the USB drivers from the third item on this list
http://test.catalog.update.microsoft...%20windows%207

Maybe your router is trying to assign the same IP to another device you may have connected to it, try to see connect with only that computer turned on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/31417-unresolvable-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm using Windows bit My computer came out of sleep mode on friday without internet no Unidentified troubleshooting access, Network, internet access I immediately placed a support request Unidentified Network, no internet access, troubleshooting with my network provider I live at a university but they have yet to respond In the meantime I'm treating the issue as though it's originating with my hardware and not theirs I've tried updating my network adapter driver reinstalling the adapter disabling services like Bonjour restoring my system entering safe-mode releasing renewing Unidentified Network, no internet access, troubleshooting my ip malware detection disabling tunneling adapters disabling IPv Finally I lost my mind and tried a full reinstall of windows The problem persists unchanged After looking at the attached information is there anything else that you would suggest I try Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Windows nbsp IP nbsp Configuration br Host nbsp Name nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Mephistopheles br Primary nbsp Dns nbsp Suffix nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB Node nbsp Type nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Hybrid br IP nbsp Routing nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br WINS nbsp Proxy nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br Ethernet nbsp adapter nbsp Local nbsp Area nbsp Connection span span style color br span span style color BB Connection span span style color - span span style color BB specific nbsp DNS nbsp Suffix nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB Description nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Realtek nbsp RTL D span span style color span span style color BB D nbsp Family nbsp PCI span span style color - span span style color BB E nbsp Gigabit nbsp Ethernet nbsp NIC nbsp span span style color span span style color BB NDIS nbsp span span style color br span span style color BB Physical nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB E span span style color - span span style color BB BA span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB C span span style color - span span style color BB A br DHCP nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Yes br Autoconfiguration nbsp Enabled nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Yes br Link span span style color - span span style color BB local nbsp IPv nbsp Address nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB fe span span style color span span style color BB f span span style color span span style color BB d span span style color span span style color BB b span span style color span span style color BB c span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB Preferred span span style color nbsp br span span style color BB Autoconfiguration nbsp IPv nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB Preferred span span style color nbsp br span span style color BB Subnet nbsp Mask nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br span span style color Default nbsp span span style color BB Gateway nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span st... Read more

A:Unidentified Network, no internet access, troubleshooting

you have no valid IPV4 address, no default gateway. Have you tried resetting your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186538-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-troubleshooting.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys so like No Network- internet [SOLVED] Unidentified access days ago my internet started to get slow and I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but when it got slow I notice Unidentified Network No internet access when i pressed the network internet bar thing on my taskbar So can anyone tell me how to fix this I've tried my best to solve this problem and I have been searching everyday for solutions but I haven't been able to come up with one This is what I got when I typed ipconfig in command prompt Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b befa c df IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe ba b e dc IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address b ca f Link-local IPv Address fe ed aa a f c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway b Tunnel adapter isatap CFB DD - F - F - F-D CDEF B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D A-C - BDF-B - B B DD D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FAAF -AFD - FB- C-BAF [SOLVED] Unidentified Network- No internet access F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface D C BA - CB- CFE-B DB- CE F Media [SOLVED] Unidentified Network- No internet access State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DD - BA- A -BEDA- FDA E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix

A:[SOLVED] Unidentified Network- No internet access

I'm sure this is a silly question, but what happened to Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 1?

Is your computer logging on/trying to log on to this unidentified network, or is it just a network in your vicinity which has no name attached to it. In the list of available networks, is your own network listed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-677644.html
Relevancy 81.27%

've spent hours Network Access Problem Internet Help! Unidentified during the last two days reading all sorts of threads trying to fix this problem without any success I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has had some luck with this I'm trying to access internet through a public wifi network on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad but I get the quot Unidentified Network No Internet access quot My apartment mate has a Mac and has no problem with the exact same network Operating System Windows bit IPv Connectivity No Internet access IPv Connectivity No network access ipconfig all Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled YES Autoconfiguration Enabled YES Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled YES Autoconfiguration Enabled YES Link-Local IPv Address fe ecbc a a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask DHCPv IAID DHCP Pv client DUID - - - - -D - F- F- - - E-BB-C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOSover Tcpip Enabled When I try ipconfig renew I get a message saying that no operation can be performed on Wireless Network connection while it has its media disconnected I use McAfee security software Thank you Daria

A:Help! Unidentified Network Internet Access Problem

That might be your issue . McAfee Security

Uninstall the mcafee security

Use Control Panel's Programs and Features

Click on button type Programs and features inside the Search programs and files press the <ENTER> key when you see Programs and features under Programs (1)

After you uninstalled McAfee use MCPR.exe

Download link MCPR.exe

right-click MCPR.exe, and select Run as administrator

When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.

At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.

At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293236-help-unidentified-network-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,
I have been having problems connecting to my home wirelessnetwork since it had some infections which have now been removed but still Iam unable to connect. I am able to connect fine with my laptop / iPod /Blackberry so it does seem to be this PC that has the issue rather than themodem?

The PC is connecting to the Wireless Network Connection butthen it says Unidentified Network – No Internet Access.
PC details:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
HP Touchsmart 310-1260UK PC
AMD Athlon II X4 615e Processor

I am able to connect directly through a cable to the modemat the moment so can post any details required this way….any and all helpgratefully received J
Many thanks

Relevancy 81.27%

I have an ethernet connection for my Internet through a TP link plug adapter. Since I upgraded to windows 10 my interest goes to unidentified network/no Internet access after about 5 minutes. It works fine for 5 minutes (I've managed to download games by constantly restarting for that 5 minutes) but them disconnects and won't come back. Any help please??

A:Unidentified network, No Internet access. Ethernet

check the network adaptor in device manager - properties - power tab - make sure it does not have a tick to turn off to save power.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-ethernet-4597319/
Relevancy 81.27%

I've recently set up a new wireless router, which mostly works perfectly.

However, if my laptop hibernates for a while (for longer than approx 20 mins), when I resume, it has trouble connecting to the internet. I can connect to the router, (although it doesn't recognise the SSID & thinks it's a public network) but not to the internet. Restarting the laptop makes no difference, but rebooting the router does solve the problem. However, I would prefer not to have to do that 3 or 4 times a day, it's annoying.

I didn't have this problem with my previous router (although that was faulty in other ways). Also, my mobile phone stays connected wirelessly regardless of how long it hibernates or is out of range.

I'm not a computer geek, so some help on where to start looking woud be much appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Unidentified Network- No internet access

Do you only have this problem with the one laptop?

What model laptop and what model router are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-682014.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an Aspire Laptop but didn't know which board to choose....Please Please Help. I have seen other posts about this problem but I still can't fix it. I have an Acer Aspire 5733Z. I am connected but it says Unidentified Network and when I try to go to a web page it says no dns number found.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, system restore, the congfig prompts. I haven't had Macafee in a while (already tried to disable it but it wasn't on the list) I've watch many "fix it" vids, have read countless forums but nothing I try seems to work. Can someone PLEASE help me!

A:Unidentified Network No Internet access Acer Apsir...

Please are you using wireless dish or hotspot of your phone?Try to switch on your wireless key always Fn + f3 Then try using hotspot of any adroid phone Make sure to configure your phone settings well. When activated, try to click on the internet network on the system tray Let me know when it's done

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Unidentified-Network-No-Internet-access-Acer-Apsire-5733Z/td-p/436037
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey I am currently having a Vista issue where I am only getting PUBLIC ACCESS to my network which consists of computers connecting together with a shared internet source going Internet Vista? Local Access. Only Unidentified Network; No out to each computer except the Vista machine Setup Desktop PC Windows Ultimate Internet source LAN ports shared for internet access throughout network with STATIC IP other for normal access through network and RDC Automatically Assign IP Wireless Card Not in use Notebook Lap Windows Ultimate Just wireless access to internet Media Center MC Windows HP Wired LAN access to internet Desktop PC Windows Vista HP This machine only has a LAN port on it and thats the only device connected to it I have a Linksys Router configured to send out wireless and also LAN configured to the Wired Desktops The notebook is the only thing to use wireless and occasionally my Windows Phone I have checked that each other computer thats connected is getting internet access and they are But when you jump on the Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? vista machine I can connect to each computer on the network and access shared folders and gear etc but cant access the internet I think this may have something to do with the computer only having the PUBLIC access and have tried to change it to HOME-WORK network profile but have had no luck changing it The only thing I can change it to is PUBLIC Network or PRIVATE Network and there is no options to pick what type of network profile you want to connect to If anyone has any suggestions and or fix please please leave an answer below If you need any more information on specs of any of Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? the device let me know Thankyou for any and all responses

A:Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista?

This is because a Public network can be dangerous you need to change it to Private network for Internet Access

Go to start

Control Panel

Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center

then click Customize

and select Private

Enter an Admin Password if UAC Appears

Then Restart your Computer and check the Internet connection

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283381-unidentified-network-only-local-access-no-internet-vista.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm stuck with one of the most harsh problems i had to deal with regarding fixing my computer Im trying to solve it for days have searched a lot on the web and no results so far The problem is about network and network 651 and unidentified ( error quest access for A ) internet internet access I have a broadband ADSL connection and until this problem showed up my computer had regular internet access on Windows with A quest for internet access ( unidentified network and error 651 ) my onboard network card connected to the ADSL modem TP-LINK TD- no routers Suddenly after coming from stand by my pc had no internet access and when i checked the Local Area Connection the status showed as Network unidentified which doesnt even let me access the configuration page of the modem by its ip address I tried to start my ADSL connection modem was on bridge mode and Windows points me error I tried to diagnose the problem with Windows and it says my Local Area Connection doesnt have a valid ip configuration Quickly i pluged my ADSL modem with the same RJ- cable on my Dell netbook to see if the problem was my computer or with the modem Then i saw that my Dell's network card was behaving regularly with my modem and i could both access the modem configuration page as well as have internet access So imediately i discarded my broadband provider my modem and the cable as the fault I was sure the problem was on my PC either hardware or software I started with software- i tried a lot of things like updating the driver searching services like Bonjour or ID String type it didn't have any removing IPV installing reliable multicast protocol assigning the modem gateway ip manually None of these worked Then i decided to format my HD and re-install Windows from scratch After that oddly the problem still persisted That made me go to the hardware and blame solely my onboard network card Then i went to buy a new network card The network card i chose was the Encore ENLGA- which oddly had the same Realtek PCI GBE controller seeming exactly like i had bought my old onboard network card So i installed it and i didnt even have to install any driver because the Encore's driver was the same as my onboard's network card driver After connecting the modem to the new network card the problem still persists Network unidentified and no internet access with error But then i made some test I pluged my D-LINK Router on the new network adapter and it recognized it i was able to access its configuration page Not on the old network adapter onboard one so it suggests my old network adapter was faulty Checking the ipconfig all on the ADSL Modem i get this according to the unidentified network after trying to identify for some seconds Then a second later changing one end of the RJ- cable from the ADSL-modem to the D-Link router my network adapter quickly identifies a network and i get a perfectly fine ipconfig all To sum up the confusion On one side i get the message that the ADSL modem is okay because even tho it doesnt work on my new network adapter from my Desktop PC it works perfectly fine when pluged to my Dell netbook But on the other side i get that my pc software-hardware windows and my new network card are okay and maybe the problem is still with the ADSL modem because even tho my new network adapter doesnt recognize the ADSL modem it recognizes perfectly well my D-Link router not giving unidentified network message Any clues Should i buy a new ADSL modem even tho it works on my dell netbook Thanks a lot it really means a lot for me to get this figured out

A:A quest for internet access ( unidentified network and error 651 )

Hello, and Welcome to Seven Forums,

From your computer's Device Manager try changing the Speed & Duplex of your Ethernet adapter from Auto Negotiation to either 1Gig full duplex (if your modem supports Gig, if not try changing it to 100Mpbs) then see if you can connect. See attached image.

Also, make sure that you are using a straight/patch Cat5e or higher Ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318719-quest-internet-access-unidentified-network-error-651-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Just got a refurb laptop. Connected it to the work network. Shows connected to unidentified network and no internet access, both plugged in and wireless. I take it home or to our other site and connect wireless with no problem. This is the only machine with Windows7 on the network. We have 18 other machines and ipads on the network with no issues. This is my third day trying things that have been suggested with no luck. The frustrating part is that the laptop works and the network is fine.

A:Unidentified Network - No Internet Access at work, but not at home

Open command prompt (when connected wireless to work):

Code:
ipconfig/all>ipconfig.txt
post file ipconfig.txt
You may delete ipconfig.txt afterwards

It works fine if connected by utp-cable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294543-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-work-but-not-home.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an Aspire Laptop but didn't know which board to choose....Please Please Help. I have seen other posts about this problem but I still can't fix it. I have an Acer Aspire 5733Z. I am connected but it says Unidentified Network and when I try to go to a web page it says no dns number found.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, system restore, the congfig prompts. I haven't had Macafee in a while (already tried to disable it but it wasn't on the list) I've watch many "fix it" vids, have read countless forums but nothing I try seems to work. Can someone PLEASE help me!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Unidentified-Network-No-Internet-access-Acer-Apsire-5733Z/td-p/436037/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 80.41%

Wow I am officially stumped Maybe someone here can offer internet No problem. tricky access, Unidentified Network, some insight I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite nothing special but it gets the job done I don't have internet at home and go to multiple locations to get wi-fi The one I use the most is a hotel down the street It has the fastest connection speed and it is closest to home For whatever reason the connection no longer works there I've taken the laptop elsewhere and it works fine so it obviously isn't something specific to my laptop Here's where it gets tricky I've also been able to connect to the network at the hotel with my android phone and an old dell laptop I had laying around and it works beautifully so it isn't something with strictly the network That can only mean it has to be something to do with the way the Unidentified Network, No internet access, tricky problem. two are communicating I would assume I've tried deleting some programs apparently both AVG and Bonjour that came with iTunes have caused issues in the past I've set a static IP address to the best of my ability I've refreshed the TCP IP config I've done a winsock reset and more I can't for the life of me figure out why it still can't connect to the internet Any ideas for now I'll add my ipconfig later when I actually go somewhere that I can access the internet to post from that laptop In the meantime suffice it to say that the only thing out of the ordinary is that the Default Gateway is blank Thanks in advance

A:Unidentified Network, No internet access, tricky problem.

You sure the hotel hasn't just blacklisted your MAC address on your laptop? Generally they make free wifi available for guests, so unless you've got some agreement with them beforehand, it could be something that simple (especially if it works everywhere else, and other of your devices still work there). It's not likely going to be client-related, at least from your problem description.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193081-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-tricky-problem.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My Wi-Fi just stopped working all of a sudden I m guessing that it though even internet network i'm Solved: connected access no and Unidentified has something to do with my DHCP though my cabled connection still works fine When i tried assigning a static IP Solved: Unidentified network and no internet access even though i'm connected it worked though my auto assign still wont do anything so this is only a temporary solution I tried following about - different threads but nothing has worked so far Oh and the connection I m talking about is the quot Ethernet adapter vEthernet Naar WAN quot the that i was using when i copied my ipconfig all was the quot Ethernet adapter Ethernet Laptop quot connection and from what i can see my Wi-Fi connection doesn t have an ipv address but i have absolutely no idea how to fix this Ive tried about everything that i can think of I ve tried flushing and resetting but it didn t work When i tried to use the troubleshoot all it said that my IP wasn t assigned properly even though DHCP is enabled and the quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot box is checked When i tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew i just get a error message saying that the request to the DHCP server timed out Please help me I m kinda panicking right now I have an ASUS K A laptop with W Pro The only difference between now and before it stopped working is that i installed active directory DNS on windows server through hyper V for a school assignment Windows IP Configuration Host Name PotatoPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List router Ethernet adapter vEthernet Naar LAN Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-D - - C- -D - A- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter vEthernet Naar WAN Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter Physical Address C- -D - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-D - - C- -D - A- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -D - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-D - - C- -D - A- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c b acc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-D - - C- -D - A- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Laptop Connection-specific DNS Suffix router Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a c d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-D - - C- -D - A- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Ena... Read more

A:Solved: Unidentified network and no internet access even though i'm connected

I didn't see any evidence of wireless hardware in the ipconfig /all.

What, if any, wireless adapter in in Device Manager under Network Adapters? The wireless connection also appears as enabled in Network Connections?

Any warnings or errors anywhere in Device Manager?

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unidentified-network-and-no-internet-access-even-though-im-connected.1123518/
Relevancy 80.41%

I've just about had enough of this now I've been searching for nearly two days for a solution Okay so here it is I basically need a step by step instruction guide here as I haven't got a clue how to fix this Anyway about two months ago I had some money problems and was forced to move in with my (No Access) Unidentified Xbox Network > Ethernet Internet dad I have a GB Xbox and Xbox Live I knew my dad had the internet so I could still use Live I have been doing so via an Ethernet wire going from my laptop connected via wireless to the router to the Xbox A few days ago Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Ethernet > Xbox I took my laptop to my cousins house and took my laptop with me Connected it to his router via Ethernet as it was easier Come back home want to play some Gears of War plug in the Ethernet to the Xbox and quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot check for a solution and I get quot Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot Please help me before I rip out my beautiful long hair haha Regards Levi

A:Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Ethernet > Xbox

Hello,

Let's try something simple for now, try to Power Cycle your devices, here's how.

Seems like you have ICS configured, is this correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/147229-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-ethernet-xbox.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Every time I shut down and start up again and sometimes when doing a warm reboot I find I no longer have internet access When I click on the network tray icon which shows an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle when this happens it shows networks one called quot Network quot my 'real' Home network and one called quot unidentified network quot Opening the quot Network and Sharing Center quot brings me to the window below Clicking quot connect or disconnect quot doesn't seem to have anything to do with connecting or disconnecting but merely re-opens the popup window for the tray icon which as it did before simply invites me to return the the quot Network and Sharing Center quot again does anyone else find this feature maddening Anyway as long network shutdown, appears No unidentified after access internet as the 'unknown network' exists there seems to be no way to restore internet access I've tried all the quot Troubleshooting quot options including the quot Diagnose quot option under No internet access after shutdown, unidentified network appears the quot change adapter settings quot link No internet access after shutdown, unidentified network appears AND there seems to be no way to delete or disconnect from the 'unknown network' If I reboot again sometimes or times the problem goes away Until the next shutdown I've FINALLY figured out that I can temporarily fix the problem by disabling the network card in the Device Manager and then re-enabling it When I do this the 'unknown network' disappears and everything works fine Anybody know why this happens or how to solve it For now it's manageable but I don't think I should have to disable reenable my network card every time I reboot Thanks

A:No internet access after shutdown, unidentified network appears

Hi KK,
How did you get 2 networks to display at the same time ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216176-no-internet-access-after-shutdown-unidentified-network-appears.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Ran a scan of malwarebytes and ZOEK a number of days ago and have been having difficulties with my internet.
I have a dsl modem that's wifi capable, wifi works fine on all other devices, however the computer that it's plugged into can't access the internet.
The event log shows error 0x79, your computer was not assigned an ip from the network by the DHCP server.
Did a number of the netsh, ip /renew, /release, ect commands to no avail.
Any clue as to what's going on?

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access After Running Malwarebytes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/568686 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568686/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-after-running-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 80.41%

I just returned home from college and am unable to connect my computer Windows Home Premium -bit custom build to the home network via ethernet My computer attempts to identify the network for a while then gives me the yellow error triangle that usually indicates the modem Toshiba PCX needs to be reset I was previously connected to a college network also via ethernet I have not been on this home network in four months but to my knowledge it has not changed Other computers are able to connect using the same modem router NETGEAR DS ports Network, Connection No on Unidentified Internet Ethernet Access and the same cable I have reset the modem multiple times and I have also tried multiple cables and ports so Unidentified Network, No Internet Access on Ethernet Connection the problem definitely seems to be on my end I have unchecked IPv disabled my firewall and uninstalled Bonjour ipconfig all gives the following information Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F -AD- -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - D B- F- F F- BF AC E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig release does not seem to work it gives exactly the same output as ipconfig ipconfig renew gets stuck after outputting the first line and I have to kill it with Ctrl C

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access on Ethernet Connection

If you can't constantly perform the ipconfig/all then you have bigger problems besides Networking.

I suggest you run the sfc /scannow command in an elevated command prompt and see what it says.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315867-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-ethernet-connection.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi guys I have tried fixes from all over the Internet and nothing seems to have worked It seems there is an error in the gateway settings but I cannot figure out where I'm going wrong Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated I ran out of Ethernet connections on my wireless router so bought a USB-Ethernet adaptor I've plugged in my network printer but seem to have stalled at getting the adaptor to actually have internet access and get on no Ethernet as network, unidentified USB set adaptor access internet my network I USB Ethernet adaptor set as unidentified network, no internet access have about PCs connected to the network hence why I've run out of ports directly USB Ethernet adaptor set as unidentified network, no internet access on the router All internet and networked devices USB Ethernet adaptor set as unidentified network, no internet access connected to the router work fine When I plug the printer into the back of the router it works - the problem is definitely the adaptor I've updated the driver and tried loads of suggestions but am still stuck My Ethernet adaptor comes up as quot Unidentified Network - Work network quot and no Internet access This is not a link so I cannot change the network location My CMD IPCONFIG is as attached I really hope someone can help - I've never used this kind of adaptor before and it's frustrating that the computer sees it and recognises it - it's all set up correctly and displays in Device Manager - but won't get onto the Internet and my network Hope someone can help -

A:USB Ethernet adaptor set as unidentified network, no internet access

Hello,

The problem is that nothing is giving your USB Network Adapter an IP Address so its defaulting to 169.254.......

You need to go into network connections and give it a static IP address. You will also need to give your printer a static IP address.

A better way of solving this would be to buy a 2nd user 5-Port Network Switch from Ebay... You're creating yourself more hassle by doing the above.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226518-usb-ethernet-adaptor-set-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a Compaq Presario laptop running Windows Vista with built-in wireless I ran virus spyware scans on a regular basis and rundll Received network now is access cannot and internet, connected Wireless error haven t experienced any major problems with this computer Yesterday I used the computer at an internet cafe and used their unlimited Wifi to do some work After several hours of working smoothly on the Received rundll error and now cannot access internet, Wireless network is connected computer I found that my internet access was disconnected I went through several steps to reconnect by resetting wireless connection and ran a diagnostic The diagnostic results stated that I had a problem with the proxy server connecting to the internet site So I checked my proxy configuration and finally was able to regain connection but was still unable to connect to the internet Through the process of solving this issue it also stated that I had a rundll problem I went to a local Tech support store and they assisted me by running a basic diagnostic test They also could not access the internet via Wifi or connecting directly by cable The result showed that there were no viruses but the test isn t designed to check rundll or reinstall the wireless Can you please tell me if this issue is related to someone hacking my computer Its all too coincidental that I experienced the same issue with my desktop Also I donot go into unfamiliar or unusual websites To get some resolution with this problem and helpful comments regarding this situation would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Received rundll error and now cannot access internet, Wireless network is connected

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not "Fix" anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

Use your working computer to download the program. Save it to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the faulty computer and save the program to your hard drive before installing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/received-rundll-error-and-now-cannot-access-internet-wireless-network-is-connected.999510/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I'm having with my Windows HP laptop I've recently moved into student accommodation which requires us to register for the Internet Studentcom and when running on Windows my laptop HP G - SA cannot find the internet connection I've tried a number of things to remedy this - disabling Avast Shields running a Norton Removal Tool Norton was pre-installed when I first got it but I installed Avast instead as I've never had any problems with it disabling Internet Unidentified Windows (No Access) Premium Home Network 7 Windows Firewall as well as the netsh winsock reset command and a few others - I've been trying since Saturday to no avail Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium so it's no wonder I can't remember some of them This problem isn't just confined to my laptop or my room either - my flatmate in the room upstairs has the same issue - the only way the Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium two of us can get on the internet is by using an Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium Ubuntu disc which is okay but we'd rather prefer to use Windows than have to keep booting up using a CD Also the internet connection occasionally shows as connected the little icon at the bottom comes up with 'Unidentified Network - Internet Access' generally about minutes or so after we connect but when we try to use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to access the internet we just get error messages specifically Error in Chrome Just to add - this is the second year I've stayed here and I had no problems whatsoever with Keycom our previous ISP here and this is a wired internet connection Any help would be much appreciated

A:Unidentified Network (No Internet Access) Windows 7 Home Premium

Try resetting your network adapter by right clicking your wireless connection icon in the notification area and click troubleshooting. If That doesn't work, go into device manager and uninstall network adapter and reboot computer. If that doesn't work either then go to HP's website and look for the latest network adapter driver to download and install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187001-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 79.55%

since the upgrade I have been unable to connect to the Internet.

The errors I get
- one or more network protocols are missing on this computer - windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity

I have tried
- netsh windsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew

If you need screen shots or addition data, let me know.

Thanks in advance

A:Unidentified network - no internet access (Moved from Windows 10 forum)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-moved-from-windows-10-forum.1162000/
Relevancy 79.55%

tried evrything in software solutions and say new thing regarding this

A:unidentified network no internet access by lanwire but wiorks fine in another pc

are you saying the Ethernet cable works on another pc? or are you saying other pc's can connect to the internet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616338/unidentified-network-no-internet-access-by-lanwire-but-wiorks-fine-in-another-pc/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all I'm not exactly the most tech-savvy individual so I will try to convey the problem I'm having here I'm at my girlfriend's house and have two laptops with me One is a Sony VAIO which I am m14x access no & Alienware laptop, Unidentified internet network currently using the other is an Alienware m x sitting right next to me I use the Alienware to play Diablo and have had no issues connecting to any wireless access points prior to this My sony connects to her home network just fine Alienware m14x laptop, Unidentified network & no internet access linksys Alienware m14x laptop, Unidentified network & no internet access but the alienware will not I enter in the network password and when I try to connect it gives me the yellow exclamation mark over the white connection bars When I click on it it says quot connected quot in bold letters next to the network name However above it says quot Unidentified network quot and underneath quot No Internet access quot I have tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus software I have reset the router the computer the wireless adapter all to no avail I'm not sure what to do I'm pretty sure it's not the router's issue since all other wireless devices in the house connect to it just fine Can anyone help me I would greatly appreciate any advice assistance Thanks in advance

A:Alienware m14x laptop, Unidentified network & no internet access

Also, I ran windows network diagnostics, and it said "'Wireless Network Connection' doesn't have a valid IP configuration."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236277-alienware-m14x-laptop-unidentified-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey i am having problems connecting to Xbox live because it has no internet access and i have tried lots of things and nothing is working. here is the story behind it.... i had tried connecting many times before but it wouldn't work but one day i tried and i changed sharing on something (IDK what i forgot) and it worked so i had live for a couple of days. then one day my bro was online and the power went out in the house for a while, the next day i tried to connect and it wouldn't... on the when i plug in xbox ethernet to computer it says unidentified network on internet access. so can you help me connect thank you I got a cricket broadband modem on the usb

A:local area connection unidentified network no internet access Xbox

Joooooel> Can you tell us exactly how you have your network setup.

How the internet is coming in?: Your Internet Coming in? Is it going to another computer or to a Router?: Is the XBox Wireless or Hardwired?

Give us as much detail as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153265-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-xbox.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I m using Windows XP SP2 and have a LAN connection
... of late i have noticed that the number of packets sent in the Activity frame of the
"LAN Connection Status " window is more than the number of packets received .
I have fully scanned my PC with ZoneAlarm antivirus / antispyware and HijackThis and no problem was detected.
I also checked the running process through Task Manager and found only Microsoft services and other system related services (ZoneAlarm scanning process, Disk keeper service, .. etc) are running.
I also updated the NIC driver but it doesn,t solve the problem. My NIC is Realtek RTL8139.

Help Please.
Thank You.

A:sent packets hugely more than packets received.

If you check the status and note the number of packets send/received, then do it again after exactly one minute, what is the number of sent packets over the minute? What is the number of received packets?

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode with Networking and checking if this is still happening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sent-packets-hugely-more-than-packets-received.865423/
Relevancy 76.54%

When I click on the "wireless network connection" to see more detailed information it looks like this:

Activity
-------------------------Sent --------------- Received
Packets:-------694,269------------------634,377
Errors::----------------87---------------13,448,509

Wait about 2 minutes & here's how much the figures have changed:

Packets:-------695,260------------------634,422
Errors:-----------------87---------------13,834,804

QUESTION: Why are the errors so high?
Why do the errors seem to be increasing at a rate MUCH higher than even the number of packets being sent?
What could be causing this?
Are there any negative consequences of this?
I am able to connect to the internet and other computer on the network just fine, but is this indicative of some kind of problem, hack (trojan/virus)-anything to worry about? Or am I losing any potential speed do to this?
Is there a way to fix it? etc.
Should I care?

Thanks in advance for any & all info.

A:"wireless network connection" more ERRORS received than packets sent...WHY???

It's most likely an indication of some issue with the hardware in the network. My guess is you're having a log of collisions on the Ethernet link.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-more-errors-received-than-packets-sent-why.625056/