Windows Support Forum

Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

Q: Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

Hi.

Some how my Enter Key has started to mute and unmute the master volume.
Doesn't mater when I press the button. While playing a game or even using excel, every time I press enter volume mutes and the when I press enter again it unmutes.

I use Windows 7 ultimate bit64

Solutions please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

Hi Ronnie09,

The Enter key normally does not regulate volume control on most computers. What is the system model of your computer?

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell
For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pressing-enter-key-mutes-unmutes-master-volume.193160/
Relevancy 95.46%

A few days ago however I started to find my Windows Media player suddenly opened Nothing playing just opened to the library This only happened a couple of times Until today Today my computer decided to to go crazy on me The and Unmutes Audio Mutes windows media player has been opening itself within seconds of being closed So I disabled Audio Mutes and Unmutes the player and now about every seconds a Caution window pops Audio Mutes and Unmutes up with the following message quot You are attempting to open a file of type 'Application extension' dll These files are used by the operating system and by various programs Editing or modifying them could damage your system If you still want to open the file click Open with Otherwise click Cancel quot Of course clicking Cancel just prompts another window to open with the same message The audio has also gone nuts I have the Volume manager open and I can watch it mute and unmute about every seconds I have run several virus and spyware searches and have fixed all issues only cookies were discovered and I see no changes to my computer's bad behavior

A:Audio Mutes and Unmutes

It would appear obvious that something is attempting to access files on it's own. Without knowing what that is, it would be difficult to figure how to deal with it. Perhaps this program will help you identify it:

Process Monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/161356-audio-mutes-unmutes.html
Relevancy 95.46%

OK, so I've been having this problem for about a week now, and it's getting worse.

Randomly, my sound will mute/unmute itself, sometimes several times in a row. I'm using my onboard Realtek HD Audio with the newest drivers. . I was thinking it may have something to do with my Microsoft multimedia keyboard/mouse combo, so I uninstalled Intellitype 7.0, but the problem still persists.

Also, I've noticed that when I test the sound on my 5.1 speakers, the sounds come out of the wrong speakers (Subwoofer sound comes out of center speaker etc.).

Any ideas?

A:Sound mutes and unmutes itself

This may sound stupid, but if your sub-woofer sound is coming out of your central speaker, are you certain you have all of the 3.5mm plugs in the correct slots?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/79656-sound-mutes-unmutes-itself.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, I have a really annoying problem.
My laptop has keys on its keyboard to control volume and it has problems with the mute key.
It mutes and unmutes itself and this happens quite often. My laptop is a medion and uses windows 7. I don't know what other information I have to give about my laptop but if you say what you need and where to find it I will post it here.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it happens more if my laptop isn't on a solid underground like a desk. Also, it didn't happen when I just had it.
The laptop is only 5 months old.

Ty for reading this and helping me cause it makes me crazy.

A:My laptop mutes and unmutes itself

Hello V_Bert_D & welcome to TSF

Just to get the problem clear, this happens even without pressing the key right?

Reinstall the audio drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-mutes-and-unmutes-itself-665436.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi I was wondering if the vast knowledge of computer problems raised on here contains information mutes unmutes itself and automatically..! sound My as to why my audio device mutes and unmutes automatically I have tried searching through the archives and found nothing its been a long few days P If there is anything in there could you please direct me as soon as possible Over the past few days my comp has started to mute itself then unmute in quick succession I have tried using both my soundblaster live updated drivers and my onboard Realtek AC updated drivers to no avail I have scanned all files for My sound mutes and unmutes itself automatically..! viruses and guess what Nothing Therefore I have reinstalled Win XP and the problem still exists If any of you can help me it would be soooo much appreciated I'm close to My sound mutes and unmutes itself automatically..! being sectioned in a mental health facility So guys please help me i'll love you all forever Mercury KVT X-L ATI GB DDR Realtek AC or Soundblaster Live AMD My sound mutes and unmutes itself automatically..! Thanks

A:My sound mutes and unmutes itself automatically..!

Well.....If you can reach the mouse being in that straitjacket and all... Why don't you try disabling the realtek audio in device manager and see what happens. I have both a soundblaster live 24 bit AND realtek audio on my nforce3 250gb board, that's what i do and i've never had any problems. I can't see many reasons to have two sound cards active anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-sound-mutes-and-unmutes-itself-automatically-61699.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello, My speaker is getting auto mute and unmute very frequently. I tried restoring pc, loading defult settings in bios, updating audio drivers but it didn't help me.  I also did scan by 2-3 antiviruses (even in safe mood), but nothing helped. Please help me with this. Thank you in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/speaker-mutes-and-unmutes-automatically/td-p/5726411
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi!

Have a problem with my sound getting muted automatically by the computer and then unmuted several times a minute..

Seems like a similar problem as discussed here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...lly-61699.html

Anyone have a clue? I have tried both malware removal, virus removal and reinstalling the sound driver..

Running on Vista with an Acer Aspire 9520 laptop

A:Sound mutes/unmutes several times a minute..

hi try checking the security forum http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html first and if you still have problems come back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-mutes-unmutes-several-times-a-minute-353287.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I Volume Wave + ups mutes ie pop did a quick google search on this topic and it seems to be a fairly common issue My wave volume will automatically drop to zero every seconds or so although I don t think the intervals are fixed I keep GOM player- my primary player- open so I can quickly reset the wave volume This will usually be accompanied by Wave Volume mutes + ie pop ups the computer deselecting out of whatever window I had active For instance I frequently am having to click the text box here to continue typing because it keeps deselecting I will Wave Volume mutes + ie pop ups also get random audio ads for miscellaneous products with no window or way to close it I will also get pop ups from ie even though I don t use ie at all I will post the DDS now I was not able to create an quot ark txt quot file because every time I ran the GMER scan my computer would get a blue screen error a couple minutes into the scan and yes I double checked that I had the correct boxes unchecked I would appreciate any help you can give this is driving me nuts My technical knowledge of computers is lacking so please bear that in mind when responding Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Eli at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exesvchost exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files GRETECH GomPlayer GOM exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Eli Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Cobian Backup cbVSCService exeC Program Fi... Read more

A:Wave Volume mutes + ie pop ups

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331810/wave-volume-mutes-ie-pop-ups/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Guys
I'm relatively green when it comes to computer tech stuff. So I'll keep it short and sweet. I have an ASUS EEE PC and recently my volume started muting by itself. I clicked for advanced options to find out what was happening. The wave slider is always muted. Even after I un mute it, it remutes itself about 1 min to 2 minutes later. I saw some past posts that addressed this in 2010. I tried to go through the steps but the MBRCheck doesn't appropriately function per those instructions. Please help me.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wave-volume-mutes-automatically.1079190/
Relevancy 70.09%

The wave volume keeps going down I put it back up and a few seconds later it lowers again I also randomly get internet explorer popups even when im not using it If i can get some help fixing this that would be great DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Felix at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Wave mutes/popups Volume DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exe svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exesvchost Wave Volume mutes/popups exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Audio Studio IntelAudioStudio exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files Visioneer OneTouch OneTouchMon exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Felix Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride local localBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imAppuRun PPWebCap c progra scansoft paperp PPWebCap exeuRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgrounduRun TomTomHOME exe quot c program files tomtom home TomTomHOMERunner exe quot uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimizedmRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exemRun HotKeysCmds c w... Read more

A:Wave Volume mutes/popups

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330756/wave-volume-mutespopups/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I ve been having problems with my sound and i found that my wave volume in the master volume controls have been muting on its own every few minutes and i would have to readjust it back to max Also i get these internet explorer popups coming up every so often and sometimes even random sounds some sort of music or some commercial playing even when the popups aren t there On top of that i hear these clicks while i m on firefox like those ones you hear when you re clicking a link on internet explorer Also my windows are being deselected on their own I would be browsing on firefox and then it would turn grey and I d have to click on it again to start using it again This happens very frequently - minutes I ve been having this problem for about five to six days now and i m not sure what to do I ve read around and some other people have the exact same problem that i have I use windows xp and i use firefox as my browser I found the Wave 2-3 mins every itself mutes volume same problem with one of the user here on the forum and I ran Combofix and it seems that the random sound is gone but my wave volume still mutes itself the pop ups are still there and I can still hear the clicking sounds before the volume goes mute I ran symantec Antivirus but nothing Please help me I m attaching my combofix report ComboFix - - - Mangyang Jamir - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from c Wave volume mutes itself every 2-3 mins documents and settings Administrator Desktop ComboFix exeAV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning disabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW Symantec Client Firewall disabled CB A - FAD- B-B FF- FA F Other Deletions c documents and settings Administrator g mdlhlpx exec documents and settings All Users Start Menu Internet Explorer lnkc windows xpsp hfm logInfected copy of c windows system drivers atapi sys was found and disinfected Restored copy from - Kitty had a snack Files Created from Wave volume mutes itself every 2-3 mins - - to - - - - - - -------- d-sh--w- c documents and settings LocalService PrivacIE - - - - -------- d-sh--w- c documents and settings NetworkService PrivacIE - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data Threat Expert - - - - -------- d-----w- C spoolerlogs - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system config systemprofile Local Settings Application Data fewkblpxw - - Wave volume mutes itself every 2-3 mins - - -------- d-----w- c windows system config systemprofile Local Settings Application Data Threat Expert - - - - -------- d---a-w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data TEMP - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system config systemprofile Local Settings Application Data jfnsbkfnn - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system config systemprofile Local Settings Application Data uftmtkrou - - - - ----a-w- c windows system d d caps dat - - - - -------- d-sh--w- c windows system config systemprofile PrivacIE - - - - -c----w- c windows system dllcache helpsvc exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data AGNS - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files AT amp T Global Network Client Find M Report - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files c ebreg - - - - ----a-w- c windows system profile dat - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files Symantec Shared - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files WST - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data DivX RunAsUser RUNASUSERPROCESS dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data DivX - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data DivX Player Uninstaller exe - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data DivX DivXPlusShortcuts Uninstaller exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files DivX - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data DivX TransferWizard Uninstaller exe - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings ... Read more

A:Wave volume mutes itself every 2-3 mins

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you.It sounds like you have a rootkit in there somewhere. Let's see what we can find.Download and Run DDSPlease download DDS by sUBs from any of the links below:DDS.scr, DDS.pifDouble click its icon to run it. If you are using Windows Vista, right click it and select "Run as Administrator".When the scan is finished, two logs will open.Post DDS.txt directly into your reply. Attach Attach.txt.Download and Run Scan with GMERWe will use GMER to scan for rootkits.Please download GMER to your desktop. Note that the file will be randomly named to prevent active malware from stopping the download.Close all other open programs as there is a slight chance your computer will crash.Double click the GMER program ******.exe. Your security programs may detect GMER's driver trying to load. Allow it.You may see a warning saying "GMER has detected rootkit activity". If so, select NO.Leaving the settings at default, click Scan.When the scan is complete, click Save and save the log onto your desktop.Please include the log in your next reply.With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333431/wave-volume-mutes-itself-every-2-3-mins/
Relevancy 69.23%

I use Firefox as my default browser, but have been getting popups appearing in Internet Explorer. I also get short audio ads. I can hear the 'clicks' from Internet Explorer doing something in the background. The wave volume randomly mutes itself. When typing, the cursor randomly disappears.I tried to run Gmer, but the computer froze. I ran Superantispyware, Malawarebytes, AdAware and AVG but can't find and get rid of the problem.Marina

A:iexplorer launches itself/ popups/ volume mutes/

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332175/iexplorer-launches-itself-popups-volume-mutes/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am running a game (3d movie maker) and the Volume mixer has set the sound right down to 0.
So I put the volume back up, but as soon as I click back to the game, the volume goes right back down again.
I've read similar problems, but this isn't related to running multiple applications. This only happens with this one game. And this problem happened randomly, after I put the volume down myself. After that one occasion I haven't been able to fix it.
Communications setting is set to "do nothing" and I have played with options allowing applications exclusive control of volume mixer.
Any ideas please?

A:Volume mixer automatically mutes game

Is this an old game or one designed for newer OS such as Win 7? Reason I ask, Vista/Win 7/Win 8 handle some audio functions differently than XP and earlier.

Also, Please fill in the "My System Specs". Helps us to help you. And finally, what sound drivers are you using? The ones from the PC vendor (or motherboard vendor on a custom build) or some other drivers such as the generic Windows installed HD Audio Codec?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/302101-volume-mixer-automatically-mutes-game.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi. I believe I have the exact same problem as someone who posted a help request today: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330090/wave-volume-mutes-internet-explorer-popups-and-clicks/I'm experiencing pretty much the same issues: Volume control WAVE suddenly mutes, and popups every now and then. This just started happening today, so I'm hoping I got infected today and not earlier since I haven't entered any passwords since it started happening. If it's possible, I'd like to know when the infecting files were created. NOD32 scanned my hard drives and memory and came up with "Mebroot Trojan", but can't clean it. What am I even paying ESET for? So I ran DeFogger like the pinned guide said.Then I ran dds:DDS.txthttp://tinypaste.com/670b9And attached is Attach.txt. I would have posted a GMER log as well but my PC freezes up every time I scan. I would really appreciate any help removing this cursed infection. Thanks in advance!

A:Trojan.Mebroot - volume wave mutes, popups

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330718/trojanmebroot-volume-wave-mutes-popups/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi i ve been having problems with my sound and i found that in volume background popups, mutes, clicks IE wave my wave volume in the master volume controls have been muting on its own every few minutes and i would have to readjust it back to max Also i get these internet explorer popups coming up every so often and sometimes even random sounds some sort of music and one time i had an quot OMG NO WAY quot play playing even when the popups aren t there On top of that i hear these clicks while i m on firefox like those ones you hear when you re clicking a link on internet explorer Also my windows are being deselected on their own I would be browsing on firefox and then it would turn grey and I d have to click on it again to start using it again This happens very frequently - minutes I ve been having this problem for about five days now and i m not sure what to do I ve read around and some wave volume mutes, IE popups, clicks in background other people have the exact same problem that i have I use windows xp and i use firefox as my default browser I ran AVG antivirus a few days ago when i first suspected a virus but my system came up as clean Today though I ran it again just in case and it detected four trojan viruses in my system which were quarantined by AVG I think this first virus malware is paving the way for others to infect my system Included are my DDS and GMER logsDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Steven at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning disabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system WgaTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC Program Files D-Link RangeBooster G WDA- AirPlusCFG exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exesvchost exe svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS System msiexec exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Steven Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c pro... Read more

A:wave volume mutes, IE popups, clicks in background

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332137/wave-volume-mutes-ie-popups-clicks-in-background/
Relevancy 68.37%

Whenever I play a midi on Windows Media Player, as soon as I close the window, my SW Synth volume is turned all the way to 0, then I have to open up the master volume to turn it all the way back up.

Any explanations or solutions? It's pretty annoying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-mutes-my-sw-synth-volume.843514/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi and volume popups mutes, wave internet explorer 'clicks' I use Firefox wave volume mutes, internet explorer popups and 'clicks' as my default browser but have been getting popups appearing in Internet Explorer I also can hear the clicks from Internet Explorer and suspect there is something dodgy going on When I open the Task Manager i can see mutiple instances of iexplore exe even though I am not using it I m not a computer whiz so I need help i also find that the wave volume is muted on startup and periodically mutes wave volume mutes, internet explorer popups and 'clicks' iteslf I wave volume mutes, internet explorer popups and 'clicks' ran Gmer but about an hour into the scan my computer froze This happened a few times so I can t attach the log as the scan never completes Don t know why Hope you can help Thanks DanDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by ASUS at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exe svchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system acs exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterc PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ASUS AiGuru U AiGuru U usb exeC Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exeC Program Files Atheros ACU exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsTray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system igfxext exeC Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC WINDOWS EeePCDisableAutoPlay EeePCDisableAutoPlay exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files ASUS EeePC Super Hybrid Engine SuperHybridEngine exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Documents and Settings ASUS Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp uk yahoo com index narrow htmluURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dllBHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO PDFCreator Toolbar Helper c c a-ec - df-aaad- b ab e - c program files pdfcreator toolbar v PDFCreator Toolbar dllBHO Java... Read more

A:wave volume mutes, internet explorer popups and 'clicks'

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Gmer is the best but can be hard to get a log lets try this and see what we get.Scan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it Right click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+COpen a notepad and press Control+Vnow please copy that report to this threadLet me have these two reports pleaseGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330090/wave-volume-mutes-internet-explorer-popups-and-clicks/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everybody,

Looks like a great forum, my first post here. I'm a complete noob, so please don't laugh if there's a very simple solution to this. Thanks a bunch in advance!

I don't know what on Earth happened but when I press the left [Shift] button on my keyboard, it types the value '7' and the right [Shift] button types the value '2'. I didn't have this problem just a few days ago and can't remember if I might have accidentally changed some settings. What might be causing this?

It's really slowed down my typing speed as now I have to use the [CAPS LOCK] button to switch between upper and lowercase letters.

Please help!

A:Pressing [Shift] causes keyboard to enter...

I would go into the control panel, then into the keyboards screen. Then check it's on the correct language settings for your region as the first port of call.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pressing-shift-causes-keyboard-to-enter-416067.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, Im a struggling VB6 programmer trying to learn VB.NET and I would like to know the accepted method to hit enter on a non multiline text box so that I can send the data entered to a label and a variable.

Appreciate any help

A:Solved: VB.NET Pressing Enter on a textbox

still stumped =[

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vb-net-pressing-enter-on-a-textbox.770902/
Relevancy 67.51%

hi friends pls help me

i bought a new dekstop configuration ( mb- p5nmx, core2duo precessor, ram of kingston 2gb, 160bg sata hard disk acer lcd 18.5" wide ) the problem is when i start the setup it shows message at down the files are getting copied and then press enter to install windows xp as i press enter key the pc restarts .

guys pls help me out of this problem

A:xp seup gets restarted on pressing Enter key

Are you only able to hit enter; or is there a button you can click?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-seup-gets-restarted-on-pressing-enter-key-363208.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Setup Desktop Envy - xt running MS Windows -bit with GB original RAM TB original WD HDD nbsp I added two GeForce Video cards to run monitors after the original purchase nbsp Problems started when the computer would get stuck on the opening HP screen nbsp After pressing F it would go into the screen that says Press ESC for Startup Menu but I have never been able to enter the Startup Menu nbsp nbsp nbsp After a while an error message will pop up saying nbsp Hard Disk Error F nbsp When I press F now it allows me to enter the Diagnostics UEFI panel nbsp I have run all of the tests and there are no issues with the Hard Disk nbsp I even purchased a new SSD cloned it and the same Hard Disk Error F message pops up nbsp After I exit the pressing Menu to the by Startup ESC enter Unable Diagnostics area it proceeds into the Windows boot Unable to enter the Startup Menu by pressing ESC mode and everything seems okay nbsp I have tried many of the suggestions I found on this forum for this problem including Unplugging all USB cordsRemoving all excess video cardsTaking out and putting back in the battery on the motherboardRe-seating the memoryRe-seating the HDD as well as purchasing a new HDD and installing it -- exact same issues arise nbsp Anybody have any other suggestions nbsp

A:Unable to enter the Startup Menu by pressing ESC

Lucky. Just a question. Have you ran Check Disk yet??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-enter-the-Startup-Menu-by-pressing-ESC/td-p/5664097
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all Recently I followed a link in a forum that supposedly installed the aurora hijack I thought nothing of it as I have had no symptons Until now I cannot confirm this is the issue but other members of the forum have said this This morning I started a chat with my dad in facebook and everytime I pressed enter to send the message two new tabs open in firefox with some car sales web page The issue is ongoing in firefox at various Tabs after in Firefox enter New pressing opening times when pressing New Tabs opening in Firefox after pressing enter enter I installed hijack this but did nothing other than the scan I then remembered this site Logs as requested thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by PJ at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials New Tabs opening in Firefox after pressing enter Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files New Tabs opening in Firefox after pressing enter Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x MSSQL Primavera MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x MSSQL Primavera MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C windows system igfxsrvc exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System ThpSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TEco exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Common Files Primavera Common BackgroundAgent PrmBackgroundAgent exe C Program Files x Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe C Program Files x Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe C Windows SysWOW SupportAppXL AutoDect exe C Program Files x Common Files Primavera Common JobService prmJobSvJSDB exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin serviceManager exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows system ThpSrv exe C windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C windows system igfxext exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x TOSHI... Read more

A:New Tabs opening in Firefox after pressing enter

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

IMPORTANT....

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt
Note:
Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-tabs-opening-in-firefox-after-pressing-enter-583791.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone

I recently installed Windows 8 on a Toshiba Satellite computer. I noticed that I can no longer open files on the Desktop by selecting the file and then pressing ENTER. When I press ENTER in Windows 8, I get a "save file" dialog instead. When I double-click the file, it opens in its associated viewer, however. For example, if I select four DOC files and press ENTER, then in Windows 7 it would have opened MS Word and opened all four documents in it, but in Windows 8 I get a "save file" dialog instead, and it doesn't open MS Word at all.

What do you suppose could be the problem?

Samuel

A:How to open file by selecting and pressing ENTER

Works correctly for me with 8.1. What shows when you right click on a .doc or .docx file and select Open with?

On mine I see:

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59254-how-open-file-selecting-pressing-enter.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all Recently I was having some problems with my box It had been sometime well over a year since a format So I decided to do the housekeeping First install failed Second went fine Now three weeks later after loading runs up. great???? ENTER HDD loads and pressing at error boot After WXP programs slowly and letting her run X I decided to shut down When I rebooted I get the ERROR message quot A problem with hard drive has been detected Consult the troubleshooting section of your users manual Press ENTER to continue quot Pressing enter permits XP to load normally w o any issues Everything works great I decide to do the disk maintenance Scan defrag and HDD error at boot up. After pressing ENTER WXP loads and runs great???? fix file system errors All goes well with a couple of files that it cleans up Upon reboot I get the same error message and must press enter for XP to load Next I decide to go to the HDD mfg site and do a disk check using their software I DL and install on a floppy reboot as instructed Again I get HDD error at boot up. After pressing ENTER WXP loads and runs great???? the above error message I press enter then I get quot CAN NOT LOAD DOS PRESS ANY KEY TO RETRY quot I hit a key and get the HDD error message HDD is a Quantam Fireball AS I checked the Maxtor site and find nothing in FAQ'S etc I have rebooted several times and each time get the error message Again once I get to Windows all works HDD error at boot up. After pressing ENTER WXP loads and runs great???? great It seems as if DOS isn't loading If that's possible HELP Please Thanks Rich XP Home SP Tweak UI PIII MB SDRam SBLive Value NVida GE Force MX Gateway MB DSL Kaspersky AV

A:HDD error at boot up. After pressing ENTER WXP loads and runs great????

Run Maxtors Diagnostic utilities to determine if the HD is good or not.

If not, RMA. If good, run chkdsk. (You said "scan", but didn't say AV scan or what).

Did you prepare the drive prior to the new install ? (Scan for malware, run chkdsk, etc...) HD errors and malware prior to install will cause a flaky situation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hdd-error-at-boot-up-after-pressing-enter-wxp-loads-and-runs-great-93568.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm not that proficient when using Wordpad. When typing sentences and hitting the Enter key, Wordpad double spaces down (1.5 or whatever) before the next sentence starts. This happens even when I copy sentences with single spacing as the original text. Wordpad wants to open that copied text with double spacing between the sentences.

I fiddle around with it and eventually get it to work, then forget how I did it. I'd like to force a default single spacing between sentences upon pressing the Enter key. When I do set it to single space sentences, it defaults to double spacing them when re-opening Wordpad. If there's some registry setting to single space by default, I'm game.

A:Wordpad. Annoying double spacing of sentences when pressing Enter key

Hi:

The double-line space when hitting "enter" is the norm in most editors now.

Easiest workaround: use Shift+Enter to get a single line space.
Of course, you don't use the "+" key -- just the SHIFT key and the ENTER key.
(I tried it just now on one of my Win7 boxes and it works.)

It's a PITA at first, but not bad once one gets used to it.

HTH,
MM

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/399167-wordpad-annoying-double-spacing-sentences-when-pressing-enter-key.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I hope the title wasn t too detailed I believe I have the same infection as a few other posts I ve been seeing around the next the last couple of days NOD detected a Mebroot Trojan it can t clean in the operating memory and I believe it s causing my PC s weird behavior Every now and then the volume wave drops to mute and every detected Trojan - clicking sounds volume NOD32 mutes, in wave Mebroot popups, memory now and then IE ad popups appear even though I am a Firefox user and I can hear clicking noises in the background every now and then I would really appreciate any help I can get removing this What I fear most is that it will NOD32 detected Mebroot Trojan in memory - volume wave mutes, popups, clicking sounds spread to other computers on the network or to my IM email FB contacts Also here is a HijackThis log the pinned guide said I should post this Thank you very much to anyone willing to help Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Process Lasso processgovernor exe C Program Files Backwards Hebrew hebrew exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files ClipX clipx exe C Program Files Everything Everything exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Intel Audio Studio Intel Audio exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exe C Program Files VisualTaskTips VisualTaskTips exe C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C Program Files Process Lasso ProcessLasso exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Noam Desktop HackEm Ketamine exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Launchy Launchy exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files VirtuaWin VirtuaWin exe C Program Files VirtuaWin modules WinList exe C Program Files Sheep Friends Billy BillySongDumper v BillySD exe C Program Files Samurize Client exe C Program Files AnalogX MaxMem maxmem exe C Program Files PowerMenu PowerMenu exe C Program Files Yz Dock YzDock exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Ma... Read more

A:NOD32 detected Mebroot Trojan in memory - volume wave mutes, popups, clicking sounds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nod32-detected-mebroot-trojan-in-memory-volume-wave-mutes-popups-clicking-sounds.935101/
Relevancy 60.2%

Why is the above popping up when I go to log on?

A:Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device??

Firefox is asking for a master password for the password manager. You can disable it by unchecking the box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624669/please-enter-the-master-password-for-the-software-security-device/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm not ruling out the cause of this issue being malware of some sort however I have already tried those programs which are accessible to me with the aim of resolving this issue -- Avast Free Antivirus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Premium and Dr Web CureIt including free Anti-rootkit programs by BitDefender Kaspersky Avast and Malwarebytes' itself -- only Malwarebytes' Avast and Dr Web CureIt seem to detect auto-pressing / rapid-clicking random key and "enter" Start-up something on the computer most of which are false positives while others trivial removed yet did not seem to fix the issue This only Start-up and random rapid-clicking / "enter" key auto-pressing started off with a rapid-clicking after every startup of the computer which can be fixed by simply pressing the quot F quot key which refreshes the page Only to randomly return again I know it rapidly clicks when I hover over the cursor to the start menu and it suddenly close-opens the menu too fast enough for a man to click on it Eventually this has gotten worst by also affecting the quot Enter quot key which auto-presses itself by a lot sometimes whenever I am typing including now If I am on a Word program it auto-clicks the quot Enter quot key to a point that multiple lines are skipped until I refreshed the page by clicking on the quot F quot key Moreover I know either or both of the problems occur when the start menu suddenly pops up without me even clicking on it The most annoying part of this problem is when it rapidly clicks on a certain program and causes it to run multiple instances of the same program literally If this is not software-related I am assuming this is to be a hardware problem of some kind but do not necessarily know what is it specifically Anyone got any ideas on this problem especially on its fix Making a full reformat of the computer is my final resort if only it can't be fixed any other way

A:Start-up and random rapid-clicking / "enter" key auto-pressing

This sounds like a hardware issue to me.

I'm going to assume you've tried swapping out the keyboard / mouse...
(or unplugging one, the other or both)

We recently had a similar issue where a user had a graphics tablet (and puck) attached to their machine. This decided to play up nastily with the mouse - do you have anything similar attached?

I would start off by removing all input devices, boot up the PC and see whether it happens, if not attach them back one by one until it starts again.
If you find it's a specific piece of hardware, I would update the drivers etc and see whether that improves things.
If not, I would just format and rebuild the machine myself as I don't have a lot of time for investigating too many root causes.
Perhaps someone else will have an idea before you resort to that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378324-start-up-random-rapid-clicking-enter-key-auto-pressing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all.

I am using XP home edition x32

Sound card hardware - Realtek high definition audio (thats the only info i can find - [Acer one A0531h])

I am trying to get L/R balance.

I wish to listen to music through the R speaker
and everything else via the L speaker.

I can use L/R channels via VLC media player but doesn't actually split the audio >_>

Is there a 3rd party master volume program or can someone help me out?

Many thanks!

A:Master volume

Your audio jack is a Stereo port. So, it will not split the audio into 2 mono mixes. I think you would be really hard pressed to find software or a sound card that could do what you are asking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/master-volume-645449.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My sw synth in my Master volume

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sw synth in my Master volume
I made all the items small so I could see what is going on and this is what I found,If I open any thing with sounds I have to click on my sound icon in my taskbar.Then move the volume bar back up to the top.I can stop the music in media player 10 and then click play again and it is fine will play as many times as I want.But if I stop and open another song or sound then I have to open the sound Icon again and it is back at the bottom move it back to the top.This one I never had before it just started that to day.
Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sw-synth-in-my-master-volume.754326/
Relevancy 58.05%

It appears that my computer has been infected with something that affects the audio system. I currently have lost volume control and my screen shows a Master Volume scroll bar which I am unable to remove. Can anyone please help me? I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop computer running Windows XP. I would be grateful for any and all information. Thanks

Dbleagle

A:Master Volume control HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

That should show in Task Manager, Applications - does it ? Can you End Task ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/master-volume-control-help-please.82150/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello grrrr Im frustrated I am hoping someone can help me I have always been able to find the answers I need here I am working on a friends laptop and about two weeks ago the master volume slider started dropping on its own to zero the mute check never goes on though it just drops to zero I have explored about resolutions from software to hardware trying to correct the problem Short of a complete re-install of OS things I have tried SOftware Un-installed about a dozen uneeded and possible conflicting software such as real players limewire ipod software Itunes software -No avail Un-installed and re-installed sound card drivers -No Avail Tried both system restore and hard disk restore -No avail Explored and removed several possible malicious software items through different parts of the C drive via DOS Mostly these were mere browser assisters etc etc my browser is working much better now Heh -still no avail Tried driver updates -No Volume Master Hijacked avail Tried every malicious removal tool i have Hijack this Master Volume Hijacked spybot combofix etc -No avail Tried to restore regsitry and explored registry to make sure the volume was enabled -No avail Tried to shut off all computer functions both msconfig and task manager items besides explorer and windows access only -No avail Theres actually probably in the past two days more software issues minor besides these that I have tried also None that I have not come across in a thread already as a possible solution Hardware HP has three buttons on the front casing of the laptop for volume control Removed these keys and cleaned them thoroughly -No avail There is another music note key on the top of the keyboard housing and cleaned that -No avail There is no sound possibilities through either the laptops mouse or my usb ported HP mouse -again no avail My last option this weekend I am going to open up the laptop and try to find something called the periometer or something like that that adjusts certain functions on the laptop to compensate for humidity etc etc hopefully that works I really really do not want to back up files and re-install OS Without a good flash drive or back up drive I have alot of music word and pictures to store to do this I also really do not think I need to do this as the slider is acting on its own but its still acting I have tried just about everything If there is anything else anyone could send my way I would greatly appreciate it as this auto-mute thing is really annoying and I need volume on this computer I am on my own computer and not the laptop to post hijack this report with running processes and programs If there is anyone that can help me please Thank you -No avail

A:Master Volume Hijacked

Tried every malicious removal tool i have (Hijack this, spybot, combofix...etcHi ; IS this the complete list of the tools you have used on the computer to check for infections ?You will of course be aware that HJT is primarily a diagnostic tool and not a malware-removing tool per ce .Also that really ComboFix is NOT for use expect when so instructed by a Malware Expert ......ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer. .Can you perhaps clarify the list of tools you HAVE used? It might be useful to exclude an infection as the cause of this phenomena on the computer if as you say it has had Limewire on it ( ) ermm...You have posted in the XP section so IS this an XP computer and what please is the current Resident Antivirus program ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245771/master-volume-hijacked/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am unable to hear anything on my system (Dell running Windows XP) I have the Master volume meter appearing on my screen all the time. Ive gone to the little speaker icon in my tasktray to open the master volume control. I checked to see if the WAV, MIDI or MASTER volume control has been muted or turned way down and they have not been. When I slide the Master volume slider to increase volume level it auttomatically slides back to zero. ANy suggestions?

A:Master volume trouble

I see you are getting help with this here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/4...dmax-card.html so please continue to reply to that thread.

I'm closing this duplicate thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/master-volume-trouble.430753/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having a problem.. My Master Volume Control automatically goes back to 0 after i move it to 100 %. The volume has been working fine up until today. I have tried newest drivers for my sound card, tried new mouse, and have tried a new keyboard. I even tried different Operating Systems, (Win98,2K,and XP) all operating systems act the same. Seems like no matter which operating system I install all the master volume contols act the same..(I set it at 100% and it automatically goes back to 0 where i have no sound. Any and all help is appreciated.
Thank You.
pcwizzard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/master-volume-control-258054.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

All of a sudden today my computer's Master Volume control started muting/unmuting itself every thirty seconds or so. It is terribly annoying as I can't listen to iTunes or play games anymore. I tried restarting the machine after a spyware/virus scan turned up blank but it is still happening. I also tried unplugging/replugging the mouse/keyboard/speakers and its still happening. Has anyone even heard of this happening before?

thanks,
Dennis

A:Master Volume is muting itself

Could still be a virus or malware, don't just trust one source of protection. I did a check on my pc using the software I have been using for years and found nothing, booted using a Diagnostics Boot CD with spyware and virus programs and picked up a few that had gone unnoticed, it depends upon the program that is being used and whether the virus writers have found a way to work around it, also what the software is able to detect. They don't detect everything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/master-volume-is-muting-itself-126167.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My windows master volume is always at the bottom (0) so i have no sound, when i try to slide it up, it just slides back down to 0...?? i need my sound, if anyone could help me it would be really appreicated, thank you

Chris

A:Master Volume Slides Back Down To 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthless9

My windows master volume is always at the bottom (0) so i have no sound, when i try to slide it up, it just slides back down to 0...?? i need my sound, if anyone could help me it would be really appreicated, thank you

Chris

Just a hunch, try a different mouse... if your mouse has a scroll wheel, it could be reducing the volume. Same if you have a keyboard with volume control or something like that.

It's an easy thing to try and eliminate as the source of the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/master-volume-slides-back-down-to-0-a-139944.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I connected a DAC to my laptop and set it as the default device from the control panel. Now the master volume mixer does not work at all.

When I change change the "master volume" slider - the others (WMP, firefox, etc...) apparently change with it too but there is no effect on the actual volume. But when I change each individual mixer it does.

How do I fix the master volume so that it works as normal? Any help is appreciated.

A:Master volume does not control USB speakers

Hi nonyabus,
from control panel, select 'Sound' highlight speakers then 'Configure'

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218429-master-volume-does-not-control-usb-speakers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi -

i have a logitech wireless keyboard (model yrak73) and am running windows xp. on the keyboard, there are buttons that can raise, lower, and mute the volume of the computer. however, it raises, lowers, and mutes the master volume. the master volume on my pc does nothing. however, the wave control does work for sound.

so...

1) is there any way to make the master volume work and control the sound?

or

2) can i change my keyboard's settings so that it raises, lowers, and mutes the wave control instead?

thanks for any help

A:master volume control problem

Babelfish again. o__0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/master-volume-control-problem.589765/
Relevancy 57.62%

when i try to open the master volume control i get nothing but an empty command prompt box that says something like sndvol32 in the title. the box only flashes and then goes away...any ideas?

A:master volume control problem

nvc0320 said:

when i try to open the master volume control i get nothing but an empty command prompt box that says something like sndvol32 in the title. the box only flashes and then goes away...any ideas?Click to expand...

If the message you get is that the file is missing here is a link to someonethat had the problem and got a solution.

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/517401-sndvol32-exe-missing.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/master-volume-control-problem.669681/
Relevancy 57.62%

To keep things simple I have recetly built my own HTPC and am using a HDA Digital Mystique 7.1 Gold soundcard for audio. When I use the windows remote to adjust the volume it only changes the volume of the master volume level and leaves the wave volume level unchanged. I know that my best bet is to simply change the volume on my AV Receiver and leave the Wave and Master volume at mid - max but when my girlfriend uses the HTPC she always uses the remotes volume control.

Having said that I would simply like the option of being able to change the volume of my HTPC via the MS remote instad of just the amp.

If more information is needed or if you would like a better explanation of what I am trying to acheive then please feel free to ask.

Regards, Matt.

A:Adjusting Wave and Master Volume

You said the remote can controll the master volume. So just turn everthing else up to full and then just use the remote, because the master volume will controll the whole volume.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adjusting-wave-and-master-volume.58993/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've got a cordless logitech iTouch keyboard. When I hit the button button on the keyboard, it mutes the "master volume". However WAV volume seems to overwrite the master volume. Meaning if I have an mp3 playing you can still hear it even though master volume is mute.

Strange I know, but it's true.

Sound card is onboard: Intel 82801BA/BAM AC' 97

I've got latest drivers from Logitech, but problem still occurs with different keyboard.

A:Muting master volume doesn't mute all?

Hi:

I have the same problem. WAV volume level is used instead of master volume. It does not matter if I use my laptops volume buttons or adjust the volume with the volume control in the Control Panel.

My sound is processed using an ALi Audio Accelerator.

If anyone can help with this it'd be super.

Croque.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/muting-master-volume-doesnt-mute-all.206781/
Relevancy 56.76%

i was running CyberLink PowerDVD version 4.0 and it was running well until i closed the program. now it has permanent control over my volume and i have to run the program in order to get my volume working on my computer. How do i stop powerDVD from controlling my volume without uninstalling it?

A:CyberLink PowerDVD = Master volume control?

that is odd, try using task manager 2 stop the program. look in processes & end anything that looks 2 be associated with pvd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cyberlink-powerdvd-master-volume-control.598751/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I've got Win7 x64 on a lenovo G560, and I'm trying to record from an IE webcast using loop recorder.

The recording application has the ability to select a device from the mixer to record from, but when I raise the volume level of IE in the mixer, the volume level of the main speakers raises too.

In order to set the recording level correctly for the recording app, (around 80%), the speakers on my laptop are so loud it's annoying. You have to shout to be heard by anyone else in the room.

I realise that for desktop users with a separate amp (and hardware volume control) this might not be a problem, but for me it is, because my laptop uses the Win 7 mixer to set the speaker volume - no hardware control.

How do I un-link the master (speaker) volume from the others?

Thanks.

P.S. I have searched but have not found a solution.

A:How do you un-link master volume slider from others in the mixer?

Quote: Originally Posted by fiscoking

Hello,

I've got Win7 x64 on a lenovo G560, and I'm trying to record from an IE webcast using loop recorder.

The recording application has the ability to select a device from the mixer to record from, but when I raise the volume level of IE in the mixer, the volume level of the main speakers raises too.

In order to set the recording level correctly for the recording app, (around 80%), the speakers on my laptop are so loud it's annoying. You have to shout to be heard by anyone else in the room.

I realise that for desktop users with a separate amp (and hardware volume control) this might not be a problem, but for me it is, because my laptop uses the Win 7 mixer to set the speaker volume - no hardware control.

How do I un-link the master (speaker) volume from the others?

Thanks.

P.S. I have searched but have not found a solution.

this maybe a simple solution but have you considered plugging a set of headphones in?

for your information, no you cannot unlink the master volume because as soon as the slider for IE reaches its peak, then it raises the volume of the master slider, there is no way to override this, if it is too loud then i can only consider plugging in a set of headphones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/171616-how-do-you-un-link-master-volume-slider-others-mixer.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone ! Please do immediate help to me for..
I want to enter into 'System Volume Information' folder which reside into every drive THROUGH DOS PROMPT.
Please tell me what command i should write on dos prompt to enter into this folder ?? As we know all dos commands to enter into any folder is
cd 'foldername' but please check and tell how to enter into System Volume Information.
As this is invisible normally, we can see it on the prompt by typing dir /a command...
Now at the end of the story ... plz tell me how to get into that fort of 'system volume information'.
awaiting for ur reply eagerly at here and also on [email protected]
thank youuuuuuuuu.....

A:how to enter into SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION

Why would you want to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-enter-into-system-volume-information-314342.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having a simple yet frustrating and annoying problem. I am using a Packard Bell iPower laptop, and Audiohub USB speakers (cause laptop speakers are pathetic) with a Windows 7 OS. The problem i am facing is that i am unable to control the master volume of my computer using the knobs on my usb speakers.

Apparently, whenever i control the knobs i control the volume of the application, rather than the master volume. Does anyone know what i can do to solve this problem?Or perhaps a software which sets the volume to control to always be master rather than the application volume? I have tried installing the latest drivers for my audio drivers (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221).

So far this problem occurs on certain games and on media players. Thank you very much for reading.

Solution/Software suggestion is much appreciated.

My apologies, if i have posted on the wrong section, kindly move if able

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speaker-knob-controlling-full-screen-application-volume-and-not-master.902639/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having a simple yet frustrating and annoying problem. I am using a Packard Bell iPower laptop, and Audiohub USB speakers (cause laptop speakers are pathetic) with a Windows 7 OS. The problem i am facing is that i am unable to control the master volume of my computer using the knobs on my usb speakers.

Apparently, whenever i control the knobs i control the volume of the application, rather than the master volume. Does anyone know what i can do to solve this problem? I have tried installing the latest drivers for my audio drivers (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221).

So far this problem occurs on certain games and on media players. Thank you very much for reading.

Solution is much appreciated.

My apologies, if i have posted on the wrong section, kindly move if able

A:Speaker Knob Controlling Full Screen Application volume and not Master

Closing duplicate thread.

Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/902639-speaker-knob-controlling-full-screen.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speaker-knob-controlling-full-screen-application-volume-and-not-master.902638/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all,

Just wondering if a program exists that would allow me to press one key, but have it trigger others? For example: Press the Space Bar to trigger both the Space Bar and the Enter key etc.

Thanks for any help.

A:Is there a program out there to macro pressing several keys by pressing one key?

http://download.cnet.com/AutoHotkey/3000-2084_4-10279446.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-program-out-there-to-macro-pressing-several-keys-by-pressing-one-key.154623/
Relevancy 54.18%

Iread the self help for this virus created a disk of rem vims to use on the virus advanced enter windows anti window cannot master options windows infected computer but i cannot enter safe mode or DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Greg Roberts at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files object browser object browser-bg exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost windows anti virus master cannot enter windows advanced options window exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Pseudo HJT Report uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN mStart Page hxxp start mysearchdial com f amp a irmsd amp cd XzuyEtN Y L QzutDtDtDyCyD BzyyB FzztC BtBtAyEyBtN D Tzu SyByCyBtN L XzutBtFtBtFtCyDtFtCyCtAtCtN L CzutBtAtDtC N R amp cr amp ir uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uURLSearchHooks EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - lt orphaned gt BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - lt orphaned gt BHO Object Browser - - - - - c program files object browser Object Browser-bho dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun MSC c program files microsoft security client msseces exe windows anti virus master cannot enter windows advanced options window -hide -runkey mRun mobilegeni daemon c program files mobogenie DaemonProcess exe mRun windows anti virus master cannot enter windows advanced options window YTDownloader c program files ytdownloader YTDownloader exe boot mRun BrowserSafeguard c program files browsersafeguard BrowserSafeguard exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Windows System Allow-LogonScript-NetbiosDisabled dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF AE FCF- F A- B -B - C E F - hxxp catalog update microsoft com v site ClientControl en x MuCatalogWebControl cab DPF A C -FF D- B - -F F D B CB - hxxp www worldwinner com games shared wwlaunch cab DPF A CD-EC E- A-BCEC-B EB D - hxxp www worldwinner com games v bejeweledtwist bejeweledtwist cab DPF B A- - E C-AD - F DF B AE - hxxp download microsoft com download C C C C D D- AC- AF - - A MicrosoftDownloadManager cab TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces BDB C -D - C C- F -E AD B DHCPNameServer AppInit DLLs SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SEH SABShellExecuteHook Class - AE D - AFB- E - A-EBB F A DA - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLL SERVICES DRIVERS R MpFilter Microsoft Malware Protection Driver c windows system drivers MpFilter sys - - R SASDIFSV SASDIFSV c program files superantispyware sasdifsv sys - - R SASKUTIL SASKUTIL c program files superantispyware SASKUTIL SYS - - S lsnfd lsnfd c windows system drivers lsnfd sys -- gt c windows system drivers lsnfd sys S MBAMSwissArmy MBAMSwissArmy c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - S SWDUMon SWDUMon c windows system drivers SWDUMon sys - - Created Last - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings greg roberts local settings application data Object Browser - - -------- d-----w- c program files Object Browser - - ----a-w- c documents and settings all users application data microsoft microsof... Read more

A:windows anti virus master cannot enter windows advanced options window

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.   Scan with Gmer rootkit scannerPlease download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
SectionsIAT/EATShow All ( should be unchecked by default )Leave everything else as it is.Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.Please post the content of the ark.txt here.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524023/windows-anti-virus-master-cannot-enter-windows-advanced-options-window/
Relevancy 50.74%

XP SP2
This just started about 2 days ago and nothing has been installed to the pc or no major changes made
the speaker icon next to the clock is usually kept muted unless using sound for something, now once or twice and hour, the mute is gone and the sound is enabled without me doing anything to unmute it
Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] sound unmutes itself

did you try running a virus scan or something? that might be the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-sound-unmutes-itself-218513.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to record music from spotify to download onto Windows Media Player and I am on facebook talking to somebody and to turn off the sound when somebody messages me I go and mute internet explorer and when I close the mixer, internet explorer unmutes itself, is there a way to where I can fix this

A:programs sound unmutes itself

When I want to record something, I'm not doing anything else. Just that function so as to not interfere. If you are trying to download/record at the same time you are on facebook or some other internet site that could be the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/304064-programs-sound-unmutes-itself.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When I scroll my volume control the neon green line shows up: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII and I would love to change it to another color. I am using a PC run by WIndows XP. Any way to do this? I didn't see a place in the display properties at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-the-neon-green-master-volume-indicator-color-be-changed.953318/
Relevancy 50.31%

For a while now, the two Ctrl keys have done Mute and Volume Up. It's really annoying and I don't know what's causing it. Does anyone know what it is, and how can I stop it? Thanks!

A:Left Ctrl = mute, Right Ctrl = Master Volume up. Annoying!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-ctrl-mute-right-ctrl-master-volume-up-annoying.918173/
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm not sure if this happened with 5.55, but with 5.56, when I hit the volume up or down on my keyboard to turn the sound down for everything, it turns down winamp's volume bar too. Sometimes I can move winamp's volume bar up and down and it won't even be working. What causes this? It's pretty annoying for the music to turn down twice as fast or winamp's volume bar to not even work at all.EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum

A:Volume keys turning down computer volume and winamp volume at the same time?

Bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274668/volume-keys-turning-down-computer-volume-and-winamp-volume-at-the-same-time/
Relevancy 45.15%

My microphone keeps automatically muting itself when i try to record videos it never works, when i adjust it, it just goes back to being muted, its extremely annoying Please HELP WINDOWS 8 HP laptop

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c2066b2-07a8-44e3-989e-18d247107829/my-mic-automatically-mutes-itself?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there,

Does anyone know why the sound is muted by itself?
Any knowledge so I can stop it happening in future would be appreciated thanks.

Best regards,

DOSrelic. lol

A:Vista32 mutes own sound

Originally Posted by DOSrelic

Hi there,

Does anyone know why the sound is muted by itself?
Any knowledge so I can stop it happening in future would be appreciated thanks.

Best regards,

DOSrelic. lol

Hi DOSrelic Welcome to the Forum.

Do you use Skype or any other IRC program in voice mode?

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/224533-vista32-mutes-own-sound.html
Relevancy 44.29%

For some reason the sound of my laptop, both my headphones and speakers goes mute automatically every minute or so when im using an application that has sound of any kind. When i check the volume its not muted, but if i increase, decrease or mute and unmute the volume, the sound returns. I do not know what the problem is so please help. Thanks for reading

A:Sounds mutes every minute or so

Open the Playing Audio troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/323234-sounds-mutes-every-minute-so.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This happens now whether I'm using a headset or the built-in microphone. If I keep my finger on the mute button, I can manage a skype conversation by repeatedly unmuting the on-board mic with the physical button above the keyboard; the Sennheiser mike is working, but I can't get the computer to register its output anymore at all.

I've spoken to Sennheiser tech support; the headset appears to be working correctly and properly set up.

All these things worked perfectly until the problem arose.

W7 Ultimate, Lenovo W520. Sennheiser SD Pro 2 headset (and a wired back-up headset).

Help! And all your help is appreciated in advance.

A:Microphone mutes by itself every few seconds

Read other threads; ran malwarebytes & rebooted. Didn't solve the problem.
Ran W7 troubleshooting specifically for the headset - didn't find anything.

When I go to the windows settings for "recording devices," I get no sound at all from the headphones (although they're working, the mic is sending sound to the headset speakers), but I do get sound registering from the internal mic. I'll keep working on it and update...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/388492-microphone-mutes-itself-every-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 44.29%

The wave control keeps muting itself Sometimes it will few Sound every mutes minutes work for - minutes other times it will mute after only a minute or two I have run malwarebytes and it tells me that there are no infections on the computer Thank you so much for you time I appreciate any help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Becky at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Sound mutes every few minutes AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsssvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio DellXPM v WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS LockStatusTray exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank BHO Windows Live Family Safety Browser Helper Class f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - c program files windows live family safety fssbho dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun ROC ROC APR AV c documents and settings becky application data avg april campaign AVG-Secure-Search-Update exe PROMPT --mid e e d cd a b - dac b c e dbd df a afe fe --CMPID ROC APR AV --CMPIDEXTRA mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Apoint c program files delltpad Apoint exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp c program files sigmatel c-major audio wdm stsystra exe mRun LockStatusTray c windows LockStatusTray exe mRun Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY exe mRun AVG UI c program files avg avg avgui exe TRAYONLY mRun APSDaemon c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe mRun iTunesHelper c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe mRun fssui c program files windows live family safety fsui exe -autorun mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files common files java java update jusched exe mRun Adobe ARM c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe mRun GrooveMonitor c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup blueto lnk - c program files widc... Read more

A:Sound mutes every few minutes

Hello rebeccabecky I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504732/sound-mutes-every-few-minutes/
Relevancy 44.29%

It's really frustrating when I am using something like Dreamweaver, where I use ctrl+f a lot. Anyone know how to change the hotkeys on Win7?

A:Ctrl+F mutes my sound

The Default for "CTRL-F" is find text in a document. If yours mutes the sound it is not set to the "standard"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81162-ctrl-f-mutes-my-sound.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I was just in a skype call and My Microphones Malware Mutes This my friends on the This Malware Mutes My Microphones other side could not hear me After searching for hours of what could be wrong I found that windows was muting all of This Malware Mutes My Microphones my microphone input devices I was also getting notifications from windows defender that it was taking action against some malware on my computer I then did a full scan on my windows defender and deleted all harmful files I also ran adw cleaner and malwarebytes and removed everything they told me to as well After doing all of that I was hopeful that my microphones would stop muting themselves They did stop muting themselves but only for - min before they started to again Malwarebytes is also saying that I'm being attacked by malicious websites outbound I no longer know what to do I've ran all the programs I know how to run I now need an expert to remove this stuff from my computer This is my first post on this website please help me

A:This Malware Mutes My Microphones

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/561848 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561848/this-malware-mutes-my-microphones/
Relevancy 44.29%

This problem has been going on for a while now. My sound will only work for a few seconds, then disappears. By muting it myself (keyboard key) and un-muting it, it returns for a few seconds then disappears. I had a revelation tonight; in the Master Volume dialog, the "Mute All" option checks itself when this happens.

I'm running Windows XP Pro Tablet PC Edition, with all recent updates. Onboard sound, updated AC'97 tonight.

I've exhausted several hours looking at many different threads and help files, and it seems this is a fairly unique problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-mysteriously-mutes-itself.666556/
Relevancy 44.29%

Had this problem where my mic would mute on its own. I believe it is caused by either trojan miuref generic or the SysWOW64 virus. I have ran malwarebytes and AdwCleaner to try and remove them but to no avail. The FRST.log is attached here.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microphone-auto-mutes-itself.65398/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all I ve been messing with and Googling this problem all day and am stumped Any help will be greatly appreciated My laptop Toshiba A -S XP SP MCE Solved: or Toshiba: Cannot enter Safe Mode boot enter from on or BIOS CD startup Intel T Duo Core GB RAM Two days ago I had a glitch - a bunch of browser windows were open and the Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup system just sort of froze up I ended up doing a hard restart The PC then took a longer than normal time to boot back up That made me nervous so yesterday I made True Image images of both partitions on the HD that is C OS and apps and D data This morning I decided to run a memory diagnostic disk I had memtest and Windows Diagnostics CDs on hand I set boot priority to CD DVD ROM Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup using Start gt All Programs gt Toshiba gt Utilities gt Toshiba Assist gt Optimize gt Toshiba Hardware Settings gt Boot Priority When I restarted the PC I heard the CD Rom drive spin for a few seconds but the screen stayed lack and didn t boot After some time passed with no activity I hit control alt delete a couple of times and XP then booted form the HD I unsuccessfully tried multiple times with three bootable CDs that worked on another Toshiba laptop including the Recovery and Apps disk that came with the laptop Same result I re-checked boot order a few times and the setting priority was still as I had set it I then found that I was unable to get into either safe mode or BIOS or to get the PC to boot from the CD ROM during startup using any of F F F or C Always the same result as in step although not always with the CD ROM spinning A System Restore to a point about one week ago did not help So I realize I m probably looking at a full OS reinstall pretty tedious with reconfiguring the tuners with MCE since the images I made yesterday presumably have the same problem I am experiencing At least I don t anticipate losing any data I m grateful for any advice or thoughts including whether there s a way to figure out if this problem is hardware related Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Solved: Toshiba: Cannot boot from CD or enter Safe Mode or enter BIOS on startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-cannot-boot-from-cd-or-enter-safe-mode-or-enter-bios-on-startup.766709/
Relevancy 44.29%

i ve recently had this problem with youtube where videos wont load at all and just yield the quot an error has occured try again quot or something kind of message it was right after the google update then problems then became worst where im unable to even enter youtube directly i can sometimes enter through other links but still wont load them also any embed videos will take a lot of time appearing only to give a quot there was an error with the dns server quot the thing is this problem only happens on my pc we have more computers one is an old hp pavilion windows xp pc and the other is an amd athlon with windows home edition any help i can get i hae already cleaned my cookies and internet historial defragmentated both my C and Dmain one disk also cleaned all of the erros in my comp with ccleaner registry and another dll fixer cleaning function this doesnt actually change dll stuff just cleans corrupted aplications and old registry keys other programs use this exact same function like avg and ragclean searched for virus and malwares using avg which anyone could tell me if this is a to wont unable enter and if youtube, even videos i enter load good free unable to enter youtube, and even if i enter videos wont load antivirus my last iption would be to send my pc to an old security copy from before google update and see if anything i directly or indirectly downloaded it harmed it i downloaded a program when this problem occured which was PFportchecker my specs CPU Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPU Speed unable to enter youtube, and even if i enter videos wont load GHz RAM GB Video Card GeForce GT attributes of my video card Pixel Shader version Vertex Shader version Dedicated Video RAM GB Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio my pc has windows bits i think its ultimate i use google chrome with this extensions AdBlock inhabilitacion Google Analytics RealPlayer HTML Video Downloader Extension SteamGifts Plus Alternative TubeSaver- ps i dont know if this is the right forum section to ask but there isnt seem to be one better for this answer so i chosed this one

A:unable to enter youtube, and even if i enter videos wont load

Do you have a valid gmail account if so, log into it, then try to access youtube and watch something. Report back. Will explain depending on your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311815-unable-enter-youtube-even-if-i-enter-videos-wont-load.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Encrypted Volume Check: Volume Info on \\?\Volume{X}Can Not Read

Found this in my Event Viewer on each start/restart. I don't have any Volumes that I have encrypted. Is this malware? I've run everything prior to noticing including Windows Offline Defender.
Not sure if this is even the correct area to post this!
Glenn

A:Encrypted Volume Check: Volume Info on \\?\Volume{X}Can't read

I'm going to take a guess, please upload a screenshot of the disk manager (Windows Key+R to open the Run dialog, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter).
Posting the actual entry from the Event Viewer can help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305525-encrypted-volume-check-volume-info-volume-x-cant-read.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My dad has a new Dell laptop and was also given a Kensignton sd100 docking station with it. It's basically a stand that elevates the screen, gives him extra USB ports and not much else. However, whenever he has the docking station plugged in, the laptop's audio doesn't work.

The troubleshooting guide that comes with the docking station says:

Q. I cannot hear anything through my notebook speakers.
A. Some notebooks default to the USB audio when the docking station is connected, disabling your notebook's built in speakers. To enable the speakers:
1. open control panel and select sounds
2. on the playback tab, select a device tab that is not USB audio

We have tried this, but there is nothing that really specifies USB in there anyway, and we tried all the options there were to no avail. Anyone able to help? It's a Dell computer running on Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/docking-station-mutes-audio.765232/
Relevancy 43.86%

I like to stream music from my PC (running Win8), and shortly after I lock the screen (Win+L), the audio mutes itself, however the music keeps playing as if it wasn't muted at all.

I've gone through the audio settings, but can't find anything that would prevent Win8 from muting the audio when the screen is locked.

Has anyone run into this, and found a fix? I'd like to be able to play music from my machine while locked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-mutes-when-screen-locks.1089135/
Relevancy 43.86%

Someone please help me because the next step will be a foot through my computer A few weeks ago with no apparent cause my audio began to mute itself I use my desktop as an entertainment center so while watching movies it would suddenly mute itself When this started it happened maybe - x day Not enough to concern me A few days ago however I started to find my Windows Media player suddenly opened Nothing playing and Mutes Opens .dll file Itself Audio just opened to the Audio Mutes and .dll file Opens Itself library This Audio Mutes and .dll file Opens Itself only happened a couple of times Until today Today my computer decided to to go crazy on me The windows media player has been opening itself within seconds of being closed So I disabled the player and now about every seconds a Caution window pops up with the following message quot You are attempting to open a file of type 'Application extension' dll These files are used by the operating system and by various programs Editing or modifying them could damage your system If you still want to open the file click Open with Otherwise click Cancel quot Of course clicking Cancel just prompts another window to open with the same message The audio has also gone nuts I have the Volume manager open and I can watch it mute and unmute about every seconds I have run several virus and spyware searches and have fixed all issues only cookies were discovered and I see no changes to my computer's bad behavior Someone please tell me what to do I have heard with XP you can reflash the BIOS Can I do this with Win Do I have to reinstall the OS Is there an easier fix or one that actually identifies the issue

A:Audio Mutes and .dll file Opens Itself

Welcome IMO this is a virus.... There is no way this is normal behaviour.

I would suggest you download and install Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes It is very good for picking up what the "normal" AV's leave behind. It is an on demand scanner so it won't interfere with your normal AV (which works in real time, as I'm sure you know.)

Having said that, and this is a personal opinion so please feel free to ignore it IMO any machine which has been compromised with a virus must be assumed to be infected from there on out. The only acceptable fix is a Format and Clean Install. At least that way you KNOW the problem is gone. Again, just an opinion.

and to be ABSOLUTELY clear: Reflashing your BIOS will do nothing in this situation. This is not a hardware problem it is a software problem. Leave well alone!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/90986-audio-mutes-dll-file-opens-itself.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently upgraded my HP Envy 17t J100 Leap Motion to Windows 10 anniversary edition. Unfortunately after the upgrade I have been having the following problems:1.The microphone will automatically mute iteself and will not work for more that a couple of seconds before going mute. I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers and apps associated with the audio and recording device but nothing seems to work. Search of new drivers reveals that I have the latest drivers installed.2. The laptop is running very hot after the windows anniversary upgrade with the fan running on full blast the whole time. Have not been able to figure out the how to resolve this issue.Any help with these two issues will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/microphone-does-NOT-stay-on-and-mutes-itself-in-a-couple-of/td-p/5785749
Relevancy 43.86%

It's really annoying.

Any ideas onhow to stop it happening?

thanks in advance,

PV

A:My computer mutes my speakers randomly

Hi and welcome....

Are you absolutely sure that you are not accidentally muting your sound? There are many applications that have sound control built into them. Usually, if you MUTE in an application, this has a system wide affect, hence, mutes your system entirely. Such apps are games, media players, and so on.

Have you checked the DELL website to see if there are new drivers for your system? This could be a driver issue also. Could be many things, but I'd suggest starting to ensure your system is up-to-date and your sound drivers are up-to-date.

Kind of reminds me of the old days when graphic cards would lose their drivers for no apparent reason.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-mutes-my-speakers-randomly.803034/
Relevancy 43.86%

So i need some help with my audio settings. My playback devices starts blinking and it says "No audio devices is installed"This happens every time i press caps-lock and sometimes when i start a game.And when i check my sound devices my Logitech headset 2- logitech g35 isn't there, and there is no other device.And this mutes my teamspeak, so have to reconnect it. and it makes me kinda irritated!Anyone got a tip?

A:Caps-Lock mutes my windows

Could you post a speccy report?  I've got a couple of ideas but need to see the specs before I go further.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571611/caps-lock-mutes-my-windows/
Relevancy 43.86%

I was in a skype call and I plugged in my 3.5m iphone headphones for the first time (using an asus notebook). I got audio but my friend could not hear me. I then plugged in regular 3.5mm headphones and it seemed to be fine.

On my other laptop (HP, Win7) I never had this problem. Is there any way to remedy this? I suspect it's because the iphone headphones have a built-in mic. All I want to do is have the audio running through the headphones and the mic working normally from the laptop.

A:Mic mutes when in-line headphones are plugged in

You may need an adapter for the iPhone headphones/mic.

If your iPhone headphones have the "TRRS" type plug instead of the standard "TRS" type plugs used by PC's that is the problem.

TRRS Plug

Standard PC Plug

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/52221-mic-mutes-when-line-headphones-plugged.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I need help in removing this virus It keeps muting the microphone is the only symptom I can see I have tried the following Ran it mutes infection Microphone - MTGen Think is malwarebytes full scan Found root kits MTgen deleted Rebooted problem persists Think it is MTGen infection - Microphone mutes Ran malwarebytes root kit and startup files Found rootkits deleted DID NOT Reboot Ran scan again No root kits found Ran Hitman Pro Nothing found Scan with Rouge killer Just found Pups deleted them Rootkit deep scan with Spybot Nothing Running ADWCleaner Found nothing SUNDAY Ran MAlwarebytes rootkit found If I use taskmanager to kill the regsvr exe multiple instances the microphone problem goes away but reappears on reboot I suspect but cannot confirm that Think it is MTGen infection - Microphone mutes mshta exe launches those instances I ran FRST the first time NOT as administrator I deleted those files and reran as administrator The following is the FRST txt from that scan and I am attaching the addition txt from that run Thanks in advance for your help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Greg Main Acct administrator on GREG-HP - - Running from C Users Greg Desktop Loaded Profiles Greg amp Greg Main Acct Available Profiles Greg amp Greg Main Acct amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnhService exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv w exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer tv x exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Deskjet series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro Bin HPNetworkCommunicatorCom exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imagin... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622743/think-it-is-mtgen-infection-microphone-mutes/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi can anyone tell me why my media centre mutes itself for no reason . I have recently bought a new laptop and gone from xp media centre edition to vista home premium media centre .
I had no problems with the old OS but now it's winding me up completely .

I find that I have to be careful while looking through music files and 'adding to queue' as it has a habit of either stopping playing or muting .
But far worse if I am playing an album or playlist and am no where near media centre goes into mute for no reason at all .

The only reason I bought the new lap top was for media centre at this rate it is looking like I would have been better off with an ipod plugged into my xbox instead .

Any advice greatly appreciated as I can see my lcd with a remote sticking out of the middle of the screen very soon .

A:Media centre mutes for no reason

oh, dont kill that little thing, your sound card could be some outdated drivers. i had that problem, it was so like, only if the jack buched a little nano metre it ''muted''. helped when i updated the drivers for the sound card. so give it a try. if it doesn't work, try contacting the brand of your laptop instead, i.e HP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-centre-mutes-for-no-reason-365679.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi just hoping someone can help me out I have been running my pc with XP Proffesional Edition - MHZ AMD Athlon I think Mb RAM GB HDD MB Graphics Card DVD Rom Not sure what the motherboard is my HDD has the old IDE connections Anyway everything has been running fine so I decided to install a DVD RW unit instead of my CD DVD unit That s when my problems started PC now won t boot asks me to install the boot device or something like that and when I check the BIOS it says that the Pri Sec units not installed Even when I run the auto detection it still says the same thing I ve tried re-installing the old CD DVD unit 'Not and Master Installed' Pri Master Solved: Sec but it keeps coming up with the Solved: Pri Master and Sec Master 'Not Installed' same message Also for whatever reason it s only showing MB RAM instead of the MB it used to show I don t really have anything worth saving on the HDD as I tend to save onto CD or external storage so Solved: Pri Master and Sec Master 'Not Installed' it s sounds like a good time to upgrade to a better HDD is that is the problem Thanks very much in anticipation Wayne nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I regularly use my laptop over the wireless network to access folders on my desktop machine - both are Win 7.

Today I bought a new Win 10 laptop and when I try accessing the desktop machine, the new Win 10 laptop asks for UN/PW via the dialog "Enter network credentials."

I have no idea what to enter. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396329-enter-network-credentials-what-username-password-do-i-enter.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I created a shared folder on a Windows 7 laptop on my network and I'm trying to connect to it with this Windows 10 laptop. I am being prompted to enter a un/pw and have no idea what to enter. The account on the Windows 7 laptop doesn't have a password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386600-enter-network-credentials-what-username-password-do-i-enter.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Can someone please have a look at the HiJack This Log attatched, and let me know if there's something I should be doing? I've ran bit defender and no virus was found, but my sound now mutes on its own, (checked settings in control panel), and the pc's performance seems to be slowing down.

Thanks in Advance
Klinker

Relevancy 43.43%

I have recently been having an irritating problem with Windows Media Player It keeps popping up every few seconds I close it and it reopens immediately I have used the task manager to stop the process but it still reopens immediately I minimize it and it maximizes right away I just can t shut it down I reboot but it comes straight media opening player itself sound by and keeps mutes back msconfig does not list it in the start up programs I was using Media Palyer and tried upgrading to which was hard as I couldn t keep the player closed but it did eventually update but the problem never went away Initially this problem media player keeps opening by itself and sound mutes was with winamp winamp kept opening up I deleted winamp and now it is media player that opens so I assume it is a file association issue media player keeps opening by itself and sound mutes but I can t figure out exactly how that applies Also my system sound keeps randomly muting and unmuting I found an old thread on the web I found I couldn t post the link in this message It s at PC Perspective that seemed to describe my problem exactly but the apparent solution was a mouse issue and I have tried changing my mouse different mouse and PS rather than USB to no avail My PC is an Athlon running Windows XP with SP slipstreamed The problem appeared out of nowhere I had not installed anything new or downloaded anything I have run a virus scan and spyware scan and both come up clean It s making it next to impossible to use the computer as Media Player is constantly popping up and obscuring everything even in skin mode I don t have an Audio CD in the drive and can t think of anything else that could create this issue Any ideas It is not easy to remove Media Player like it was winamp nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-keeps-opening-by-itself-and-sound-mutes.415387/
Relevancy 43%

Hi So awhile ago i realized the sound on my laptop wasn t working and thought it was my speakers but then realized quot Wave quot under volume control keeps getting muted When I unmute it there s constant clicking noise and random ie pop ups after about seconds the wave gets muted again i also noticed that under windows task manager --- processes IEXPLORER exe is running as SYSTEM The anti-virus programs i used did not catch any viruses I did try system restoring my computer but the problem is still there Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is Thanks in advance random Wave mutes and Sound ups itself, ie noise, pop clicking DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Lulu at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - Sound Wave mutes itself, clicking noise, and random ie pop ups - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet Worm Protection enabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exe svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exesvchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePower DMC exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exeC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Lulu Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exeC Documents and Settings Lulu Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Documents and Settings Lulu Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Lulu Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Lulu My Documents Downloads Defogger exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeC Documents and Settings Lulu My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp global acer commDefault Page URL hxxp global acer comuInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp global acer com BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO CNavExtBho Class a f d d-e - d -b a - bb fdd - c program files norton antivirus NavShExt dllTB Norton AntiVirus c e a- f - e-b e- b - c program files norton antivirus NavShExt dlluRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgrounduRun Google Update quot c documents and settings lulu local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot cmRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exemRun LaunchApp mRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek installshield AzMixerSel exemRun ntiMUI c program files newtech infosystems nti cd amp dvd-maker ntiMUI exemRun lt NO NAME gt mRun Acer ePrese... Read more

A:Sound Wave mutes itself, clicking noise, and random ie pop ups

Good evening. Please download MBRCheck.exe by a_d_13 from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the file to begin the scan. A Command Window will open and after the scan has completed you will be prompted to select further action - please exit in the stated manner. A text file called MBRCheck_date/time.txt can be found on the Desktop. I'd like you to post the contents in your next reply.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Download Preformat.zip from here and save it to your Desktop. You will need to extract the file.Right click on the zipped folder and from the menu that appears, click on Extract All...In the 'Extraction Wizard' window that opens, click on Next> and in the next window that appears, click on Next> again. In the final window, click on FinishYou should now see a folder with a .vbs file in it. Double click Preformat.vbs to run it and a text file called Preformat.txt should be created in the same folder - either that or you'll get an error message.Please copy and paste the contents of the text file into your next reply and then you can delete both of the folders and their contents.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340083/sound-wave-mutes-itself-clicking-noise-and-random-ie-pop-ups/
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone;

I'm running a win7 desktop PC. When I turn on or off my tabletop lamp, audio cuts out on my usb headset.

It's not really a problem, I unplug and replug the headset and all is well. But it's one of the weirdest things, and I wondered if anyone has an explanation?

Both lamp and PC are plugged into the same multi-socket extension, I don't have much choice about that, but it doesn't seem to be a power issue.

This never happened when I used the soundcard audio-out jack into a stereo system for sound, but since I switched to the (logitech) usb headset it happens several times a day.

This is not a priority, I'm not even looking for a solution, but I'm really really curious as to what can be causing it.

For what it may be worth, the lamp is a magnifying lamp on an articulated arm with a circular tube 'bulb'.

thanks in advance!

A:turning on/off my desktop lamp mutes my usb audio headset...

I would suggest that when you unplug the lamp the OS doesn't know that it is the lamp that has been disconnected, it just knows that a USB component has been removed, so it turns off the socket as you haven't "Safely removed..." - . Try disconnecting the lamp and seeing if the headphones turn off; or plug each into a different port.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/turning-on-off-my-desktop-lamp-mutes-my-usb-audio-headset-835578.html
Relevancy 43%

For some reason, when I plug in my headphones, speech is muted, but music and other sounds are not.
I checked most of my sound settings, but the only thing I found that could cause it was a karaoke function,
which was turned off. So I am somewhat confused on what is causing this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-mutes-speech-but-not-other-sounds-when-my-headphones-are-plugged-in.1066964/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,guys , im brazilian so.. sorry for my english... I have a problem.. how do enter in safe mode without enter in windows?
I tried this mode but, dont show this option. help me

thanks for all

A:How do enter safe mode without enter in windows ?

Command prompt > bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network then restart.

Option 3 here Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39641-how-do-enter-safe-mode-without-enter-windows.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello all

One "small" issue but very annoying ...

I usually mute the microphone from the windows sound mixer (from the taskbar) because it interferes with the speakers and creates .. the microphony effect.

The problem is that the microphone is "unmuted" after each reboot !
So if the speakers volume is quite high i get that annoying noise quite loud ..

Anyone had that problem before and found a way to fix it ?

Thanks !

A:mic: alyways "unmutes" after reboot

No system specs listed so we can comment directly on your PC, but check the setup for your sound, in the Control Panel/Sound Panel and see if there is any way to have it default to mute.

I have a SoundBlaster Xfi sound card and there are no options default to the mic muted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/120367-mic-alyways-unmutes-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just purchased a R headphone/speaker audio output port to mutes Using HDMI Special Edition I placed the laptop in a desktop situation use ext keyboard mouse HD x monitor Obviously I Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output want to use the HDMI nbsp output nbsp to link to the HD monitor like I have done for many years with my XPS laptop with HD HDMI output I was surprised to see that when the HDMI out put is used the audio to the speaker headphone nbsp jack nbsp is muted I have searched through Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output all the on-board nbsp menus but cannot find a setting to allow audio to continue being nbsp outputted nbsp while the HDMI jack is in use nbsp Am I missing something here I assumed this laptop would operate the same as the XPS in applications where the nbsp operator nbsp is using an HD monitor in a nbsp desktop nbsp situation no built in monitor speakers or a situation where you desire to feed your own audio system nbsp directly nbsp from the Laptop BTW I also own a DELL ZINO HD desktop with HDMI output which does not behave the same way the R does That system isalso hooked Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output vis HDMI to an HD monitor with no muting of the local sound Am I the only one who as had thisd prob Any assistance would be appreciated Thanks Paul ---

A:Using HDMI port mutes audio to headphone/speaker output

Hi,
Welcome to the community
What operating system are you using? Can you plug in the HDMI cable, then check with Control Panel > Sounds then see the list of sound devices. Right click which device you want to set as default for Audio Output.
Let me know if this helps. Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19502093
Relevancy 42.57%

I just installed Windows Pro on a new machine I carried over my HD from my old Windows machine I had absolutely no issues with audio in Windows but Windows has been a huge pain in the ass I have two displays an HDTV connected through HDMI and an older LCD connected via DVI All my audio comes through the TV In fact I've disabled the onboard audio device on the motherboard So I am strictly using the Radeon card for audio One thing I noticed is that the Audio tab in the Catalyst Control Center says HDMI mutes screen Audio Full (and more). video issues. quot Your displays do not support audio quot but it shows my Panasonic TV in the Playback devices The playback does work but I get weird mutes If I go full screen in Youtube or Netflix the sound mutes for like seconds When I do ANYTHING change tabs in Chrome click a link move windows around in a VM on the other display the sound mutes for seconds I basically am unable to do anything on my other display while something is streaming It's irritating beyond belief Does anyone have a solution for me

A:HDMI Audio issues. Full screen video mutes (and more).

Well, for a while my problem was solved. I uninstalled the Realtek drivers (since I wasn't using the device) and reinstalled the AMD drivers and all seemed fine for a while. But I just started my computer up after I had put it to sleep and it's doing the same thing again, even after a restart.

Going to reinstall the AMD drivers again.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/28168-hdmi-audio-issues-full-screen-video-mutes-more.html
Relevancy 42.57%

The microphone mute button doesn't actually seem to mute my microphone. But after several weeks of trouble shooting my WiDi display, I found the source of my audio problem. The external display gets muted when using the microphone mute setting. Not sure why they are related. Intel WiDi speakers also don't appear muted under playback devices and shows an audio signal but nothing comes out of the external display. 

A:W540 Microphone mute button mutes WiDi Speakers

Thanks man, i went through all the troubleshooting to try fix the WiDI, and the issue was coming from the microphone.Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W540-Microphone-mute-button-mutes-WiDi-Speakers/td-p/1863377
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys and gals I ve been having this problem for days now When I start my computer I can see an instance of iexplore exe on the task manager without me even opening Internet Explorer The sound volume automatically mutes itself no matter how many times I turn it back on When the sound is turned on I hear clicking noises I also occasionally get IE popup ads too and notices asking me if I want IE to be my default browser I know I m infected with something but nothing seems to catch it I had CA Antivirus and it detected and removed stuff but the problem persists I uninstalled it and now I m using AVG Anti Virus and it didn t catch anything either I also used MalwareBytes SuperAntiSpyware Spybot multiple popup ads Virus/Trojan: iexplore.exe, hidden mutes, sound Search and Destroy Microsoft s Oncare Live and Virus/Trojan: multiple iexplore.exe, sound mutes, hidden popup ads several other scanners and none have helped I m using TCPView and I see - instances of explore exe opening and closing trying to stablish connection I Virus/Trojan: multiple iexplore.exe, sound mutes, hidden popup ads also see several svchosts opening and closing even when I m not doing anything in the computer I tried closing all of them except the one that Windows needs to keep running and the problem seemed to stop But if I restart the computer or if I open IE the problem comes back I also noted in the Task Manager a file called CAWSC EXE Virus/Trojan: multiple iexplore.exe, sound mutes, hidden popup ads randomly appearing and disappearing Searching online and on this very same forum I see several people with the exact same problem Is there a fix for this I don t really want to format my computer Thanks in advance

A:Virus/Trojan: multiple iexplore.exe, sound mutes, hidden popup ads

Bump!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331639/virustrojan-multiple-iexploreexe-sound-mutes-hidden-popup-ads/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello So I tried running GMER the first time around - minutes into it the program crashed The second time while running it around minutes in my computer restarted random popups, the Bootkit IE sound Wave Infection: music mutes, in background itself If you want I can keep trying to get it to work Here are my other logs in the meantime As Bootkit Infection: Wave sound mutes, IE popups, random music in the background previously mentioned Bootkit Infection: Wave sound mutes, IE popups, random music in the background my problems are that- Pop ups from IE occur randomly- My wave sound in the master audio pannel automatically shuts Bootkit Infection: Wave sound mutes, IE popups, random music in the background off- There is random music or infomercials playing when the sound is enabled- There are no popups when the other sound comes on it just happens randomlyThank you in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kash at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton On-access scanning disabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exe svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Kash Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gamefaqs com uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - e - fd - - f e fc - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllBHO Shareaza Web Download Hook eedb -c fa- f- - c - c program files shareaza RazaWebHook dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB LimeWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllTB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dlluRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows ... Read more

A:Bootkit Infection: Wave sound mutes, IE popups, random music in the background

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334765/bootkit-infection-wave-sound-mutes-ie-popups-random-music-in-the-background/
Relevancy 39.99%

For some reason my other computer i dont understand it alot but when it comes to a Disk Boot Failur enter system disk and press enter i usually just shutdown computer plug out the wait around - mins system and Boot Enter press Disk Failure, enter disk but for this time it has really driven me Disk Boot Failure, Enter system disk and press enter up the wall at the moment now it hasnt worked and im asking for help here are some of the things i did like i said before jst left it and wait putting OS disk in and try to repair didnt work try to reinstall didnt work it said it cant OS system something like that changing my boot system to have HDD first and than CD-ROM than floppy yes i do have a floppy drive but one thing it had told me Win XP when i first tried to repair it it said you have to quite when it count down on when to reboot it said if you have a floopy disk unplug it out and i did it and still not working so im wondering if anyone out there can help me nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

An hour ago I was on my computer playing World of Warcraft when my computer froze I tried rebooting it but it said in all caps quot DISK BOOT Disk Disk System Press and Enter Boot Enter Failure, FAILURE ENTER SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot So I tried entering my windows vista reinstallation CD and it asked me to reinstall windows so I shut down the computer and took out the CD Than I tried unplugging everything replugging it changing voltage and changing it back I tried changing booting priority to hard-drive as first but than the boot disk failure was gone and a blue screen popped up and restarted the computer real fast I tried setting CD to boot priority one and I tried reinstalling windows but when it said quot Click any key to boot from CD quot and I pressed a key it said that windows is collecting files from the CD and the screen went black with a white cursor only showing When I take out the CD and restart the Disk Boot Failure, Enter System Disk and Press Enter computer the boot disk failure thing comes up Computer Velocity ProMagix E Speed GHz Intel Core Duo Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate BIT I also stink at computers so I wont understand a few computer terms And no I haven t put any new hard drive into the computer but I reinstalled windows a few weeks ago when Windows was messed up nbsp

A:Disk Boot Failure, Enter System Disk and Press Enter

Hi

Your Hard drive has gone to silicon heaven, thats why you got the boot disk error and why windows wont reload.

If your unsure about anything computer wise, take it to a qualified person, never mess with things you dont have a basic understanding off.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-boot-failure-enter-system-disk-and-press-enter.108397/