Windows Support Forum

Folder problem with Partition Magic, can't open merged files/folder.

Q: Folder problem with Partition Magic, can't open merged files/folder.

Hi guys Just to get it out of the way I have already searched the forum can't Folder merged with Magic, problem open Partition files/folder. for help and the web and I already found a thread in here explaining what to do write techspot com in front of vb all windows t- -Access-denied-to-a-folder-merged-with-Partition-Magic html i can t post links because i m new here But I can t find the freakin security settings in Partition Magic I ve been looking through them all quot general view disk tools and so on quot but anything saying security I cannot find Is it me or my partition magic that retarded -S I have to admit it s a craked version but it didn t complain about anything when I typed the serial just - quot thanks for using partition magic and Folder problem with Partition Magic, can't open merged files/folder. so on quot When I try to access the merged folder this is what Folder problem with Partition Magic, can't open merged files/folder. comes up F g is not accessible Access denied The same thing a unformattede harddrive would say So is it still a security thing Or is it my partion magic that needs changing Please forgive my newbi-ways p s i m using XP home edition from dell if that helps nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Folder problem with Partition Magic, can't open merged files/folder.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Folder problem with Partition Magic, can't open merged files/folder.

Hi
Although your issue may be easily resolved

TechSpot cannot help with cracked software - as the cracked software may be faulty itself.
Let alone the legal issues

Thread to be CLOSED

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-problem-with-partition-magic-cant-open-merged-files-folder.98051/
Relevancy 97.65%

Im having this problem with one particular drive specifically after i merged two partitions together My original configuration for the machine was my WD Gig that had Windows XP Professional on it and a WD Gig that had Windows Server Eval Edition I had A LOT of crap on both drives and decided i was going to reformat both drives and start clean I got through backing up most of it but then decided that i was just going to make a gig partition on my gig drive that had Server on it So I made the partition dumped all the data that i wanted to keep onto it and Partition a Access with merged denied Magic to folder decided to reformat both drives that had OS s on them When it came to installing the OS s i decided to take a different approcach I put the OS s on there own partitions on just the Gig drive and decided i was going to use the Access denied to a folder merged with Partition Magic gig exclusively for data I loaded back up partition magic onto the XP drive because you cant run it from server Decided that i was going to merge the partitions back it asked me what folder i wanted to put all the data that was on the drive into on the newly merged partition it went all the way through no problems Went to sleep and let it run woke up this morning the drives were merged i had all of my drive back in one but the folder that i moved all the data to is giving me quot Access Denied quot errors i right click on the folder and it tells me Bytes as if nothing is in the folder but if i click onto the properties of the drive it tells me that the drive still has gigs used up so i know the data is there somewhere i just cant get to it I did a thorough scandisk and went to work and it ran still having the same problems I didnt want to really try anything else in fear of losing the rest of the data and not being able to get it back ANY suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Access denied to a folder merged with Partition Magic

"Access denied" would suggest that you are not using and administrator account or you have denied yourself (administrator) access to the folder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-denied-to-a-folder-merged-with-partition-magic.5750/
Relevancy 98.04%

I had moved 'My Pictures' folder away from C Users username My Pictures when I first set the computer up and I had it in another partitioned drive E For space reason I wanted to move it back to it's original location above and moved the whole folder across to the 'My in do error and folder User merged How unmerge Pictures' folder I C but instead of having How do I unmerge User folder and 'My Pictures' folder merged in error it as a folder in the username folder as it should be I merged it in error with the username folder The folder is now named My Pictures and has the path C Users My Pictures in the registry I have hopefully attached the properties of the folder which shows that there is no How do I unmerge User folder and 'My Pictures' folder merged in error location tab The network path is shown as HOME Users username How do I clean up the folder back to it's standard user folder detail without the merged detail of My Pictures and I guess the easier part is to create a new My Pictures folder and point the registry to it as per the detail in the top line Please help a newbie Cheers Dan

A:How do I unmerge User folder and 'My Pictures' folder merged in error

Have you tried a System Restore back to a date prior to doing what you did? That MAY fix it.

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/250271-how-do-i-unmerge-user-folder-my-pictures-folder-merged-error.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi I merged two partitions on my laptop while using Partition Magic 8 and when the merge was completed (I think error free) my drive that I merged was gone and turned into unallocated space. The merge folder (i called it drive) was empty and the drive i tried to merge with stayed at the same size. I lost all of my documents and most importanty my 20+ gbs of music. When i start partition magic it says that there is some drive geomery error and i should back up my data and reformat my pc, but i need those documents and would like my music back. I can't undelete any partitions, and they were both NTFS partitions created using the XP setup. i used it before with no problems, but what happended to my data and can I get it back ?? also has anyone had this problem ever??

Thanks

A:Merged Partitions With Partition Magic and Drive Dissapeared, Please help

have you tried the undo to see if it reverts it back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merged-partitions-with-partition-magic-and-drive-dissapeared-please-help.366073/
Relevancy 87.72%

In one folder that contains photos many of them refuse to open The message quot Photo gallery cannot open this photo because you do not have permission to access the file location quot is displayed Its not a file type issue because many of the png and jpg will open while others won't I've tried to Permission refuse Certain folder. files one in open problem? to concentrate Certain files refuse to open in one folder. Permission problem? on just one photo which happens to be a copy of another photo which does open I've Certain files refuse to open in one folder. Permission problem? gone through the Properties gt Security gt Advanced gt Owner technique to find CURRENT OWNER is quot unable to display current owner quot When I click EDIT I see a random group of numbers When I try this procedure on a photo which will open I get the same random group One more thing when comparing a working photo and a non working photo When I open a working photo's PROPERTIES then go to SECURITY there is a group of user names or numbers When I open a non-operating photo's PROPERTIES then go to SECURITY I am given the message quot To continue you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object's security properties quot What could be causing this problem I hate to lose these files

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396533-certain-files-refuse-open-one-folder-permission-problem.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My first experience of Vista isn't great so far!

I've just bought a new laptop and first thing I've done is to clear off junk I don't want and get it set up how I want it.

I thought I'd move my docs folder to a different drive but have managed to merge (I think?) My documents and My Music into the same folder. I went to properties and changed location for both folders for F:\Files thinking it would put a sub-folder in for the music, but it didn't...

I now have two music folders and if I try and change one of them to documents I then end up with 2 documents folders.

Please can someone tell me how to get it back to F:\Files being my docs folder and F:\Files\Music being my music folder.

Thanks loads (I hope!!)

Phil

A:Documents & Music Folder Merged. How do I get them back??

Read 'Method 2' from the following: http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/95/1/How-to-move-the-special-folders-in-Windows-Vista.html You could set the folders back to where they originally were, or set them to your new chosen location. The important step you missed from 'Method 1' is to create the destination folders first. This step isn't necessary, but it does avoid the confusion you ended up with. This step also appears to be missing from 'Method 2', so tread carefully. G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/documents-music-folder-merged-how-do-i-get-them-back.772386/
Relevancy 81.27%

So while I was trying to tranfer the natural installation path from the C drive (SSD) to my HDD which is on the B drive I seem to have somehow merged them together.Whenever I create a folder on my Hard Drive it instantly gets merged onto the downloads folder. I also managed to somehow rename my downloads folder entirely.http://gyazo.com/2b58f8e1bacff3979ebb480ee4874491My HDD also seems to have turned up in my "Username" folder.http://gyazo.com/3e165ebd3ddd39370b4fe4728dfc3ec5And when I click the Downloads tab on the left side it directs me to the here.http://gyazo.com/1fd04a99890f64a2f3ebcb53c63fe07a

A:I have accidentally merged my Hard Drive with my Downloads folder.

Looks like you've renamed Downloads to B:\ and created a folder called Downloads in B:\

What's in your Devices and Drives?

Or maybe you've accidentally dragged Downloads in to B:\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539531/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-hard-drive-with-my-downloads-folder/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am running a Win 7 OS on an SSD and I have some programs installed on a different hard drive. And I want to move this program files folder on the same hard drive but different partition. Is it possible to do this without breaking the program links? If so, can anyone please tell me how? Thanks.

A:Moving Programs Files folder to another partition

I'd install programs to the SSD to benefit from the faster speeds.

It's the data which can be moved to the HD using a method like User Folders - Change Default Location or to avoid moving System files simply copy the User folders to HD and link to related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums.

You can then uninstall and reinstall your most used Programs to the SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288600-moving-programs-files-folder-another-partition.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Nobody is replying to my question in Seven Forums, I just need to know right away. Here it goes:

I am running a Win 7 OS on an SSD and I have some programs installed on a different hard drive. And I want to move this program files folder on the same hard drive but different partition. Is it possible to do this without breaking the program links? If so, can anyone please tell me how? Thanks.

A:Moving Program Files folder to another partition

I am not sure I understand you completely. What do you mean by: Same drive F but different partition ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24537-moving-program-files-folder-another-partition.html
Relevancy 79.55%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by rob at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k open it option without folder folder its own each in window open i enable its when a DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k when i open a folder it open each folder in its own window without enable its option netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings rob Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun cdoosoft c windows system olhrwef exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun AudioDeck c program files viaudioi sbadeck ADeck exe mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe dRunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe TCP F BEBAAB- A- CA - C - B B D SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system wpdshserviceobj dll SERVICES DRIVERS S SetupNTGLM X SetupNTGLM X I NTGLM X SYS - - Created Last - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files common files Wise Installation Wizard - - ---shr-- C i cmd - - ---shr-- C autorun inf - - a------- c windows NeroDigital ini - - -------- c windows system drivers imagesrv sys - - -------- c windows system drivers imagedrv sys - - a------- c windows system NeroCheck exe - - a------- c windows system TwnLib dll - - -------- c windows system ImagX dll - - -------- c windows system ImagXpr dll - - -------- c windows system ImagXRA dll - - -------- c windows system ImagXR dll - - ---shr-- c windows system olhrwef exe - - ---shr-- c windows system nmdfgds dll - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files VIAudioi - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows NV TMP - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows system ReinstallBackups - - lt DIR gt --d----- c documents and settings rob - - lt DIR gt --ds---- c windows system Microsoft - - a------- c windows REGLOCS OLD - - ac------ c windows system dllcache xjis nls - - ac------ c windows system dllcache hwxjpn dll - - lt DIR gt --dsh--- c documents and settings all users DRM - - a---hr-- c windows system WindowsLogon manifest - - a---hr-- c windows system logonui exe manifest - - a---hr-- c windows WindowsShell Manifest - - a---hr-- c windows system wuaucpl cpl manifest - - a---hr-- c windows system sapi cpl manifest - - a---hr-- c windows system nwc cpl manifest - - a---hr-- c windows system ncpa cpl manifest - - a---hr-- c windows system cdplayer exe manifest - - lt DIR gt --d-h--- c program files WindowsUpdate - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files common files MSSoap - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Online Services - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Windows Media Connect - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Messenger - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files MSN Gaming Zone - - lt DIR gt --d----- c program files Windows NT Find M - - a------- c windows pchealth helpctr offlinecache index dat - - a------- c windows system emptyregdb dat - - ---shr-- c windows system olhrwef exe FINISH

A:when i open a folder it open each folder in its own window without enable its option

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see no AntiVirus application installed. An AntiVirus is a must have for machines connected to the internet today.

Connecting to the Internet without antivirus protection is a "Welcome" doormat for malware. It can take as little as eight seconds to infect an unprotected computer.

There are excellent free AntiVirus applications available today, so there's no reason to be unprotected.

We will address that during the course of this fix. I will tell you when.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here

Be sure to allow ComboFix to install the Windows Recovery Console as part of it's routine.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/when-i-open-a-folder-it-open-each-folder-in-its-own-window-without-enable-its-option-420671.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all, this is my first post. I'm not sure which category this fits in, so I'll post here first.

I just got a new Samsung RC420 laptop with Win7 Home Premium edition OS. When I was installing a software last night, a message pops up and tells me I cannot continue installation until I close a certain program (in this case it was Adobe Updater, which was not opened at all).

Today, I am trying to open "my briefcase" from a USB thumb, but a message pops up telling me I cannot open "my briefcase" as it appears a file in it is already open. But nothing else is open on my computer. It was my first time opening anything from the USB thumb.

Is this a common problem with win7? How can I rectify it? Please help.

Thanks,
Ed

A:Cannot open folder or continue task because file or folder is open?

No this is not a common problem with Windows 7.

Looks like you need to use the program Unlocker. This program works for both x86 and x64 platforms.

Download and install the program. This will add an entry "Unlocker" to your right click context menu.

Whenever you face a problem mentioned above, on the target file right click and choose "Unlocker". This will show any program / process currently accessing the file. It also gives you an option to kill that program / process so that you can go ahead and do whatever you wish to accomplish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186574-cannot-open-folder-continue-task-because-file-folder-open.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, i deleted my partitions by mistake. Drive originally had 2 partitions, 100MB (Windows 7 setup partitiion) and 930GB (Data storage partition).

In summary:

1) I deleted the 100MB partition (because disk is(was) now storage disk) and 930gb partition were deleted too.
2) I started following a guide from microsoft and re-create the 2 partitions as RAW (without format) (i ruined everything on this..).
3) I deleted the 2 raw partition and created a full space partition to the disk QUICK FORMATTING NTFS.
4) Started to try "Recuva" but most of the files recovered (1,000,000 files) are broken, i tried the option to recover FOLDER STRUCTURE but fails.

Is there any way to recover the files and FOLDER STRUCTURE properly? Except of the partitions deletions/creations i didn't write anything inside the disk.

Thanks and regards,
Sebasti?n.

A:Recover Files after deleting partition with folder structure?

Hi

Welcome to Seven Forums
First course of action would be to use the affected hard drive as little as possible.
I'm not exactly clear as to what you did in steps one to three above. Can you confirm the following:
The disk in question is not your system drive?
The 100MB Windows 7 partition was on that drive?
I think it's fair to say that you may not be able to recover the folder structure, a dedicated data-recovery shop may be able to help out with that but primarily with file recovery.

Will await your response and regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/175414-recover-files-after-deleting-partition-folder-structure.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have one folder in which I keep all my music. There are 605 items, consisting of both folders and music files.
I sort the folder by "date last saved" so that my newest songs are always at the bottom and the oldest are at the top, after the sub folders

However, whenever I open the folder, windows seems like it is re-searching and rebuilding the cache, taking upwards of 5 seconds in order for the folder to be sorted again.

This only started happening after I reinstalled windows, however that is all that has changed. My music is on another drive, the same drive that it was before I reinstalled.

Why does it keep doing this, and how do I get it to remember how it is sorted?

Attached is a video demonstrating what happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-nevers-saves-a-folders-settings-takes-longer-then-usual-to-open-a-folder-599788.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a 2008 server with a ftp folder shared out to the internet. all my laptops can open files in the folder just fine except one.

I have one Vista machine that when you try and open any file in the folder it says there is no extension associated with this file and set it up in control panel.

If the pc browses to the folder the files open just fine but when using the ftp that is the error I get.

Please someone help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-any-files-in-an-ftp-folder-546564.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a customer that when he boots up his computer one of his network drives doesn't map properly thus creating headaches with all of his applications that try to use the files on the shared drive If I double click on the x'd out network drive nothing happens If I right click on it it opens properly and then all of his other programs will work properly because they can get to the shared data If I close the folder I am able to double click on it to get into it so I know its not a mouse issue This is a new computer that I support remotely so there is no chance of re-imaging it Its a Dell Optiplex with gb of ram using a i - processor and GB amd radeon hd I would love to figure out folder folder open does nothing Double to Network Click a way to have the drive be accessible on startup yes its mapped in his network login script Double Click Network folder does nothing to open folder with out having to do the right click

A:Double Click Network folder does nothing to open folder

I'm taking a guess but it sounds like the network target is not yet available when the shell tries to remap the connection after boot. Maybe a batch "net use" command after a delay would prove or disprove this theory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294604-double-click-network-folder-does-nothing-open-folder.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi guys this is my first post and I have a rather tedious problem Upon bootup system folder and local C folders are open I have tried a system restore but it's telling me that it cannot complete one I have ran hijackthis and this is my log Hope someone can be of assistance thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Belkin C System folder 32 up and open on folder boot Local Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files WinTools WToolsS exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System sstray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC PROGRA NORTON Local C folder and System 32 folder open on boot up navapw exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exeC Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Kpmmf Knqkw exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGo exeC Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exeC Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exeC DOCUME user LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www tiscali co uk broadbandR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe rO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exeO - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsersO - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exeO - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run WinFast Schedule C Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Uzikax C Program Files Kpmmf Knqkw exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run Creative MediaSource Go C Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGo exe SCBO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - Global Startup BTTray lnk O - Global Startup DSLMON lnk C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exeO - Global Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo Common ... Read more

A:Local C folder and System 32 folder open on boot up

Hello thistle2 and welcome to the BC forums. After reviewing your log I see that you are running msconfig in /auto mode which means that you may have selectively removed some items in the past from the startup procedure. This can hide malware from us when we are performing a fix, so we would like you to reenable those startup entries by doing the following:Please click on Start, then Run, and type msconfig and then press Enter. When the window opens you should be on the General tab. Click on the Normal Startup item. Then press ok until you are out of the program. It will ask you to reboot so reboot normally.Now please create a new Hijackthis Log and post it here as a reply. I will review it when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19879/local-c-folder-and-system-32-folder-open-on-boot-up/
Relevancy 77.4%

ello,
I'm in the trenches trying to develop a Windows 7 image for work. This is what I've done so far:
I installed Win 7 64-bit on a test computer and did some customizations ( added programs, etc..). I then ran sysprep from C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep... and the process completed just fine. Okay, so I decided to do further customization of the sysprep process by creating an unattend.xml file using WAIK... Ran Sysprep again - not bad results - but I now notice when I attempt to open any log files ( Pather folder ) or "open" the unattend.xml file I get the following error message:
"Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\unattend.xml' Make sure you typed the name correctly and Try Again"
Yet the files are visible in Windows Explorer...
Can anybody tell me "what's what", here??????
thank you,
adrian

A:cannot open files in Sysprep folder

Are you able to copy the files to another drive or a network share and open them with a different computer?

Also have you tried opening notepad and then opening the files from with in notepad?

H.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/177424-cannot-open-files-sysprep-folder.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have XP SP3 and many times some of the files in my folders open in Filmstrip. The folders each contain Word & .jpg documents. I change the View selection to Tiles but it doesn't hold. The issue is random. Sometimes it happens in Folder A but not Folder B, as well as any of the other folders
--- The folders are in my Genealogical file and are created in Family folders so family A has its own folders, family B etc
Any ideas & recommendations on how to ensure they always open in Tiles will be greatly appreciated

A:Wish to always open folder files in Tiles

When you go to Tools .. Folder Options ... View ... are you clicking 'Apply to All Folders' at the top?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481703/wish-to-always-open-folder-files-in-tiles/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a PC with Windows and a Mac with Mavericks I have a folder on the folder Mac files SMB by a Can't on W8.1: open shared Mac that is shared with the PC When I'm on the PC and I try to open a file that is shared by the Mac such as an ISO file a disk image then I get a message saying that I cannot open the file or the file is in use it depends on the app W8.1: Can't open files on SMB folder shared by a Mac filetype I have the same problem when I open a video file Strangely text files and PDF files are just fine And if I copy any of the problematic files to the local Windows disk then I can open them just fine The specific error messages are - AVI files opened in VLC quot Your input can't be opened VLC is unable to open the MRL quot - ISO files opened by Windows Explorer quot Sorry there was a problem mounting the file quot This only started happening after I upgraded to Windows on the PC and Mavericks on the Mac Mavericks upgraded its SMB version from SMB to SMB so perhaps that is related Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I could fix it Thanks in advance

A:W8.1: Can't open files on SMB folder shared by a Mac

Welcome to Eight Forums,

The upgrade seems to be an issue in your case. I'd suggest for you to download the latest driver from the manufacturer's site for your network adapter, see if that helps. I don't think that there's a way to revert your Maverick's SMB version.

Please post an update or your progress.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34447-w8-1-cant-open-files-smb-folder-shared-mac.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I cannot open Incredimail eml files that I have saved into My Documents folder If I create a shortcut then I can open it on the desktop but not in my Documents I have been on to the Incredimail Forum and I have followed all their instructions but open Can't folder. .eml Documents My in files to no avail Below is the error message I get when I try to Can't open .eml files in My Documents folder. open any eml message saved into my documents Incredimail is my default E-Mail application but I have a Windows live account and can open eml files with Windows Live Mail Incredimail Could not open file C Users Dawn Documents shopping etc prescription renewal eml This file is not an Incredimail file or has bad format If I try to open the saved message in the Documents folder Can't open .eml files in My Documents folder. it will not open and I get the above error message Sometimes if I send it to the desktop and create a shortcut and then put it back in the documents folder it will open If I try to e-mail it to myself it arrives in my In Box as an attachment but will not open I have to save it to the desktop and then move it back into the Documents folder I have checked with McAfee total security and Malwarebytes and there are no infected files on my computer I should be very grateful if anyone can help

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/277337-cant-open-eml-files-my-documents-folder.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I am desperately needing help now My external hard-disk which contains partitions In one particular drive there are new after to won't folder! being Files open a copied a few hundred TIF images inside I created new folders to copy the images into so as to better organize them After that I realize I can no longer open the images They are still there and their file sizes are stated Files won't open after being copied to a new folder! clearly There s a message saying quot Access ia denied Files won't open after being copied to a new folder! Make sure the disk i not write protected or file is not being used quot Clearly the disk cannot be write-protected and the file is not used at all When I tried to connect the hard-disk to my laptop I cannot even access the files as it says quot Access is denied quot I tried with other documents such as Word file and it also happens As long as files are being moved from one folder to another within the same drive partition the file will no longer be able to open It s like a black hole there The other partitions have no issues This is very strange and frustrating I ve never encountered this before Is there a bug somewhere Could anyone kindly offer me some solution to my problem All my precious images can t be opened now Thank you very much nbsp

A:Files won't open after being copied to a new folder!

Security Permission issue http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/security/permissions.mspx

Right click the folder you want to open and choose Properties>Security. Make sure their is a group named "Everyone". If not click Add>Advanced>"Find Now" and choose everyone. Click OK and you should no longer get those nasty Access Denied messages. (refer to the above link to allow specifically your user account to access the old Hard Drive folders)

Note: in Windows Xp Home, the "Security" menu will not show. Just start your computer in Safe Mode (continuously press F8 function key on computer Startup then select Safe Mode)
Also confirm that you are running an Administrator privileged account. (Check Users in Control Panel)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-wont-open-after-being-copied-to-a-new-folder.125674/
Relevancy 76.54%

I accidentally deleted my RECIPE FOLDER containing several categories of recipes with several files in each folder. I could not find my deleted files in MY Recycle Bin so I recovered my RECIPE FOLDER by restoring my system to an earlier date. Now that I have recovered My RECIPE FOLDER, all my files are now script and cannot be read. These are recipes that I have been collecting for over 8 years. It's a treasure to me. How do I return these script files to normal. My folder was stored on an HP Pavilion Laptop using Windows 7.
Thanks to any helpers on this forum who can assist me.....Carlyle

A:Accidentally deleted a folder in Windows 7 and now restored folder files are script

could you attach an example of one of these files to a post so we can have a look and see whats happened to them for you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidentally-deleted-a-folder-in-windows-7-and-now-restored-folder-files-are-script-954961.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello I hope you can help you have before and that was great I files .exe and appearing folder RECYCLER folder! 2gb Volume keep in of System Info have had no problems since you last helped me but I ran a Spyware Doctor scan and found around exe files that were obviously some kind of trojan I tracked them down and found them in the System Volume 2gb of .exe files keep appearing in System Volume Info folder and RECYCLER folder! Information folder where I the system restore points get filed I went into safe mode activated permissions to get into the folder and deleted all of the files This worked for a while then they just reapeared again I found somewhere that someone said to just deactivated the system restore service which again worked but hasn't corrected the problem I have just run another scan and it again has found over files around gb of data in the RECYCLER folder which I understand in the deleted files area Can you help me firstly get rid of them and help me find what ever it is that is causing these problems and get rid of that forever I really rely upon and need my laptop for work and this is seriously slowing things down Can someone help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/2gb-of-exe-files-keep-appearing-in-system-volume-info-folder-and-recycler-folder-221562.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I have located this folder and files in my C Temp Directory Normally C Windows temp CompatTelemetryLogs with AppAndDeviceInventory log right next to it and the following inside the folder Folder quot IMG quot lots of little image files of all my software Folder quot Resources quot with nothing in it Files CompatData ff xml compatscancache dat DeviceGroupingRules xml diagerr xml diagwrn xml PreliminaryReport xml setupact log setuperr log TelemetryTransform xsl WICA Devices SOL xml WICA Programs SOL xml WICA QueryAppBlock SOL xml WICA QueryBiosBlock SOL xml WICA QueryDeviceBlock SOL xml WICA System SOL xml WICA SystemReport SOL xml WICA TelemetryReport SOL xml WicaDeviceFilters xml Windows TelemetryData xml Not sure about all of these but I did a search for this one quot TelemetryTransform xsl quot and one entry was this below except I do not have any office program installed What folder folder? miner? Temporary and or my doing trojan a in this it files data is Is similar form MS I use Open Office http technet microsoft com en-us library jj v office aspx And this one quot Windows TelemetryData xml quot https www google com search num amp safe off amp hl en amp site webhp amp source hp amp q Windows TelemetryData xml amp oq Windows TelemetryData xml amp gs l hp ccynfh hp KGgYvIjDHXA I am not attempting to install windows at all so why this is coming up is What is this folder and files doing in my Temporary folder? Is it a trojan or similar data miner? beyond me I am using Win Pro and am quite happy with that version Is all of this just some attempt at someone to install windows on my system through the comcast internet system I also have now searched for the file that was next to the folder quot AppAndDeviceInventory log quot and got this http www exclusive-networks be Vendors mobileiron It looks like someone is or has installed an application to make my windows send data over the internet or network Making my entire windows system hosed with this Or has someone any idea of how to get rid of it Thanks ahead

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b46e070a-350d-4873-a822-dc857676ac90/what-is-this-folder-and-files-doing-in-my-temporary-folder-is-it-a-trojan-or-similar-data-miner?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 76.54%

All the files exist on a server 2008 R2 NAS shared folder. Our users can copy files from a zipped folder to another non-zipped without issue on their XP workstations.  On the new Windows 7 workstations, neither copy/paste, ctrl+c/ctrl+v, nor
drag and drop move all the selected files to the destination.  The progress popup shows progress and then just disappears without event  nor error.  The destination folder will contain some of the selected files but seldom all.    I
have been able to recreate the problem and have applied several TN posted solutions but the issue remains.  Has this been seen by anyone else?  I am not interested any third party apps or complicated workarounds being my end users are not technical.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad4c16b0-4d4a-4fa3-b258-6b28be4cbdbb/copying-files-from-a-zip-folder-and-pasting-to-another-folder-suddenly-halts-before-completing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.11%

I've just started using my new desktop pc which I bought specifically to download stuff from the internet and to my horror it wants to save everything in my temp internet files folder. Does anyone know how to change this please? I've tried messing about with the security settings but that didn't solve it. I've seen a few threads on here but have yet to find an answer.

Now wishing I'd stuck with my old pc on XP!!!

Thanks

A:Trying to save to my documents folder rather than the temp internet files folder

what internet browser do you have?
you should be able to change the configuration from the internet browser, and to make it save to the desktop.

Dom

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/255728-trying-save-my-documents-folder-rather-than-temp-internet-files-folder.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all..

Pat here in Cape Cod..... thanks for listening..

Just a quirky thing here... When I try to open a jpeg file within a foler, MS Photo Editor opens without the picture....

..when I take that file OUT of the folder and put it on the desktop, it opens fine..

Any ideas here?

Folder is IN Web page style, But, I've checked all alternatives and still photos won't open.. File associations are fine......

Thanks again.. Pat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-photo-editor-wont-open-pix-within-folder-only-out-of-folder.268838/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

I have a litle problem when I save file to my folder, its take too long each I push one folder to onother folder.

Have any idea to solve my litle problem?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Best regards
afendy santoso

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-folder-refresh-folder-take-too-long.464542/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi i am running Windows 7 64-bit home edition and regularly clean out my cookies, temp folders from the tools button in firefox, i recently got UniBlue and did a scan and it read over 6,000 files in this folder "C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\" however when i go to my windows explorer and look for this file, i am cut off at ...\Microsoft\Windows\. There are 12 folders available for me to look through yet looking at the properties tab of \Windows\ shows over 120 folders in \Windows\ and most bugs like to hide in temporary internet files. Does anyone know how to unlock that file so i can do it myself?

PS
No, clocking delete internet history,cookies, and recent files does NOT work in firefox or IE

A:Cannot open Temporary Internet Files Folder in AppData

Run Treesize Free -- see what it finds in the ...\low folder.

You should see \Content.IE5 folders (related to IE) + \AntiPhishing and possibly some temp files.

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-open-temporary-internet-files-folder-in-appdata-590854.html
Relevancy 75.68%

when i download a file and then try to open it. i get an error that the specified file has encountered a problem and needs to close. if i cut and past the file to a location outside the folder i can then run the program.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

sumbody..plz help me..this is a big major problem with me..

why all programs in my laptop open with window media player?? even i try to change it with suitable program..still it open with window media player...

help meee!!!

Relevancy 75.68%

Using Win I cannot find a solution to this by searching Using Jump Explorer Files Keyboard in Folder Through Open the internet I get everything but what I m looking for Let s suppose that I have an open folder in explorer that contains a very large number of file Let s suppose that these files are sorted alphabetically as is usually the case It used to be that I could highlight on a file at the top of the list and then press a letter on Jump Through Files in Open Explorer Folder Using Keyboard the keyboard and the highlight would jump to the first file starting with that letter Now what is happening is the cursor jumps to the search box and tries to initiate a search with the letter I just typed Explorer is assuming that I want to do a search rather than scroll down through the list of files Somehow a switch has been changed since the Jump Through Files in Open Explorer Folder Using Keyboard initial install of windows and I can t find that switch Anybody got any ideas how to change this back to the way it was originally Thanks awsmitty nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jump-through-files-in-open-explorer-folder-using-keyboard.1046162/
Relevancy 75.68%

I used to be able to select two or more Excel or Word files and open them simultaneously from within a Windows file folder. This has worked before. But today for some reason I cannot. No error statement. Nothing happens. Has anyone ever experienced this? How can I correct this? I tried resetting my folder settings to Windows default and that didn't work. Did I accidentally select or change some setting somewhere? I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

Mark

A:Can't open multiple files in WinXP file folder

I have this same problem.

If you have resolved it, please let me know how.

Thanks,
MH

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-multiple-files-in-winxp-file-folder-248861.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I opened a word doc I received as an attachment in an e-mail and edited the document. I then saved under a new name without navigating to a preferred folder and apparently the document was saved in a folder called OLK96 which is in the Temporary Internet Files folder in User/Local Settings.
Now I find I cannot navigate to this folder in order to open up the document again, the folder OLK96 does not appear in the Temporary Internet Folder when searching with Windows Explorer. I've got Show Hidden Files switched on in my folder options, and other files appear in the Temporary Internet Files folder but not the subfolder OLK96.
I'm sure somebody else must have encountered this problem before, we all fall for the temptation to edit documents we have opened from e-mail attachments, don't we?

A:Can't open files in Outlook attachment folder OLK96

All I can say is Open another e-mail attachement, on the file menu click properties (of the file), on the general tab copy/paste the Path.

eg..

C:\Documents and Settings\ziggy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK48

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-files-in-outlook-attachment-folder-olk96.594832/
Relevancy 75.25%

Mousing over the "My Pictures" folder shows 5.5MB for the size but no files are displayed in the folder when I open it (I do have "Show Hidden Files" selected in the "Folder Options/View" selections). What is the problem and how do I correct it?

Thanks.

A:XP Folder Shows 5.5MB But No Files Display When Folder Is Opened

XPChallenged said:

I do have "Show Hidden Files" selected in the "Folder Options/View" selectionsClick to expand...

Also, uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and see if any files show up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-folder-shows-5-5mb-but-no-files-display-when-folder-is-opened.1058413/
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently bought a second internal dvd drive with Windows drive files Explorer view open DVD to will folder not physically installed it plugged DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer it into the last remaining SATA port on the mother board When I inserted DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer a data dvd autoplay popped up giving me one option - to open folder to view files with Windows Explorer When I clicked that option nothing happened When I insert a DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer blank dvd Nero opens its burning app as it is set to and I'm able to burn a dvd on that drive Nero is also set to verify the compilation which it does with no problem When i reinsert the same dvd the same option pops up with the same result - nothing When insert an audio cd Winamp will play the cd but I'm not able to quot open quot the cd with Windows Explorer By trying all combinations of cables and dvd drives to make sure that both the cables and drives were working properly I determined that whatever drive was plugged into that last SATA port would not function properly The only options in my BIOS that I could find referring to SATA drives was to enable or disable the SATA controller I'd really like to have both dvd drives fully functional and any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer

First of all explain in detail...

1.DVD Drive is visible in My computer?
If not so remove the dvd drive and reconnect to system.

2.Can you eject automatically the DVD from my computer Through eject option?

3.Can you eject manually??

4.Can you View files and folders in drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333006-dvd-drive-will-not-open-folder-view-files-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 74.82%

hi all i used ad aware to scan my hard drive and avg detected a virus it identified appearing!! keeps 'magic' folder as java byte verify it cannot be healed deleted or moved to vault as it is in e temp folder Thus i ve deleted this folder from my documents n settings folder it is from something like c documents and settings me local settings temp AAWTMP The folder s name 'magic' folder keeps appearing!! tat keeps appearing is AAWTMP even after i ve delted it 'magic' folder keeps appearing!! numerous 'magic' folder keeps appearing!! times alreadly somebody pls help thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C SOFTWA AVG avgamsvr exe C SOFTWA AVG avgupsvc exe C WINNT system CTSvcCDA exe C Softwares Ghost GhostStartService exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin ptssvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system ScsiAccess EXE C WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Softwares Modem WrOS EXE C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Softwares Modem winpppoverethernet exe C Softwares ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C SOFTWA AVG avgcc exe C SOFTWA AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINNT system internat exe C ABIT ABITEQ abiteq exe C Softwares SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Softwares SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT system agentsvr exe D Installers hijack HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www singnet com sg O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Softwares SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run a-winpoet-service C Softwares Modem winpppoverethernet exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Softwares ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C SOFTWA AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C SOFTWA AVG avgemc exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run agentsvr C WINNT system agentsvr exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Softwares SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup ABIT EQ lnk C ABIT ABITEQ abiteq exe O - Global Startup AutoCAD Startup Accelerator lnk C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared acstart exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF BFFE -BF - D -A - A A iNotes Class - https mailcentral sp edu sg iNotes cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsClient cab cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C B F - DB - E -B E -B E NameServer nbsp

A:'magic' folder keeps appearing!!

Go here: http://forums.techguy.org/t208517.html and read post #3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/magic-folder-keeps-appearing.370903/
Relevancy 74.82%

Whenever i use Media Player for music, movies, or anything, a folder labeled "Music" appears on my desktop completely empty.
I think it has been going on for a few months now

It happens a few seconds after opening WMP and if i delete it right away it wont reappear until i open WMP again or open another file.

If anyone has any explanation, besides Format C: (Im getting tired of those), i would appreciate them

A:Magic folder appearing

Not sure which version of windows you are using, but usually with XP, I believe it will always create a folder called My Music, when you run WMP if there is not one present, but it is usually found under "My Documents".

I know this happens with Windows Movie Maker, where it creates "My Videos" when I run it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/magic-folder-appearing.529956/
Relevancy 74.82%

I installed Network Magic because its needed for my router but it made this folder that is only visible in Windows Explorer MRUS - screenie below

I tried to delete it from registry and it worked but I still get this!

A:How can I get rid of Network Magic folder?

What part of your explorer has this? windows explorer MRUS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/58819-how-can-i-get-rid-network-magic-folder.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Keep Your win seven Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder The Magic Folder is actually just a Windows Sidebar gadget that can you with win Magic Folder ! Your Keep Desktop the Clean seven NOW you can drag files to and it can automatically sort them into the proper NOW ! you can Keep Your win seven Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder folders based on rules which you can configure easily Using the Magic Folder Once you install the gadget you'll probably need NOW ! you can Keep Your win seven Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder to add it by right-clicking on the sidebar somewhere and choosing quot Add Gadgets quot and then dragging it to the desktop or the sidebar The first time you add the gadget to your desktop you'll be prompted with a quick start screen I would leave the checkbox alone and click on the green button at the bottom Now you'll want to open up the settings by clicking on the little wrench icon that floats next to the gadget The first thing we'll do is head over to the Visual tab and change the settings to whatever style you like I prefer the Default style but you might like the quot Magic quot one too Without further configuring we can start to use the gadget just drag a file onto the magic folder And you'll be prompted for a folder location to move the files to from a list of favorite folders which we can configure Once you've selected the folder and clicked the green check button the file will be moved and you'll get a confirmation which we can also turn off Back in the settings panel you can take a look at the Folders tab to customize that list of folders from the drop-down above The first thing I did was turn off the quot file move confirmations quot which I found really annoying You can also choose to move files based on their extensions by checking the top box which will cause the Extensions tab to be enabled Now you can use the Extensions tab to choose different file extensions and where they should be moved by default Most of the common extensions are already configured for you for instance Word documents will be moved to your Documents folder by default Note that once you enable the option to move files automatically you won't be prompted at all the files will simply be magically moved There's another option that can be very interesting the quot Watched Folder quot which will create a new folder where the rules are automatically applied If you turn this option on you'll see a new folder in your User directory called quot The Magic Folder quot Anything moved to this folder will be processed and moved into the automatic folders without requiring any user intervention Download The Magic Folder Sidebar Gadget nizaradil

A:NOW ! you can Keep Your win seven Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder

But wait, there's more... jk

Hi nizaradil and welcome to the forum!

Interesting post. So, I will give it a spin and put it through the motions.
I have my own expectations already in mind...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/4247-now-you-can-keep-your-win-seven-desktop-clean-magic-folder.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok folks,
I recently bought a Linksys Router to install home wireless network. It came with a CD so I installed it and found out that I had installed Network Magic a 7 day free trial period, then it reverted back to a Basic configuration that is free. Well, my 7 days is over and my Wireless home network is still working fine; but my ? is how the heck to you get rid of the darn NM folder on my Desktop? When I right click on it there is no option to delete it? I tried the same thing in Win. expl and no luck there, no option to delete.
Any ideas? What would happen if I just uninstalled NM, would I have to set up my network again?
Thanks,
Ron

A:Solved: Network Magic Folder

I found the answer

" Open Network Magic. Click Tools. Click Options. Enter Password. Check Hide Network Magic Folders desktop icon(Windows XP and later) and click OK."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-magic-folder.972967/
Relevancy 73.96%

hey

been having my usual vista crashes and errors recently, but this time after about 15 startup repairs, i found that vista, using magic, changed my partition letter from C:\ to E:\

not as you can imagine, i wet myself. then i noticed that EVERYTHING WAS WEIRD. i had a look-ski in regedit and changed C:\'s to E:\'s where needed, but most programs still wont run. no sound. no startup programs. etc. etc.

so my question is, why did i buy vista? no, my question is HOW can i restore all the wrongnesslying wrong doings of my C:\ becoming an E:\?

vista home premium 64bit
other computer stuff
angry user.

thanks

p.s.
please dont say reinstall. i cant go through a night of updating and re-downloaded a billion things

A:user folder magic move

Repair Install For Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257468-user-folder-magic-move.html
Relevancy 73.96%

From looking at other computers and on the Internet, it appears that the Contacts folder is supposed to have a customized menu bar with a "New Contact" button, but on this machine the menu looks the same as every other folder. I don't use this folder/app very often, so I can't say exactly when this changed, but the desktop.ini file in this folder has a relatively recent modification date, and contains the following:

[.ShellClassInfo]
[email protected]%CommonProgramFiles%\system\wab32res.dll,-10100
[email protected]%CommonProgramFiles%\system\wab32res.dll,-10200
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-181

I can still add new contacts by selecting "Contact" from the "New" submenu, but it'd be easier if I had the button in the menu bar. How can I get it back?

A:Contacts folder has lost some of its magic

Hello TBugReporter,

Using the tutorial below to reset folder views back to default should be able to fix this for you.

Folder View Settings - Reset All to Default

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265697-contacts-folder-has-lost-some-its-magic.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have about 600 files in a folder but I need to put each one in its own folder so I can use the jukebox function on my media player. Is there any way it can be done without having to transfer each file to an individual folder one by one?

A:Is it possible to copy individual files in a folder to its own folder?

Are you talking about mp3 files in a folder and moving them into individual folders? If yes - then I could help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364231-possible-copy-individual-files-folder-its-own-folder.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have about 400 video files in a folder but I need to put each one in its own folder so I can use the jukebox function on my media player. Is there any way it can be done without having to transfer each file to an individual folder one by one?

A:Is it possible to copy individual files in a folder to its own folder?

Why have you duplicated this thread that you've marked as solved? Is it possible to copy individual files in a folder to its own folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364329-possible-copy-individual-files-folder-its-own-folder.html
Relevancy 73.53%

C:\ProgramData is always closing everytime i open it, i thing its a kind of virus, anyone knows how to remove it?i cant open regedit and task manager too.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158406.0.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Usually when we want to open a folder, we just double click, and it'll open that folder.but, since few days ago, when I double click to open a folder.it's not open that folder, instead open a window search. so, noe everytime I want to open a folder, I have to right click first and then click "open" can anyone give me some solutions about my problems?  

A:Open folder problem

hello denny welcome to the forums do follow the below steps ordelry your problem should be solved... 1 go to tools--->folder options2.in file associations choose "file folder"3.in actions box select open if its not present type it in4.in the below box type the following path "C:/windows/system32/explorer.exe" this should solve your problem      Message Edited by samavedam_vijay on 08-27-2008 02:25 PM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Open-folder-problem/td-p/44476
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a folder which contains graphic items. It had been stored as a back-up on an external hard drive.
Subsequent to reinstalling the operating system from a disk image, I found that I can not open the saved and reinstalled folder if it is on the desktop.

If I place that folder within another folder on the desktop, I can open it. I want to be able to open it when it is directly on the desktop.

I have no idea what is wrong, or why.

Help please.

A:Unable to open folder unless it's in another folder.

Create a new folder on the desktop then move/copy the files to it. Then delete the original folder/s if that method works, don't delete anything until you're sure it's worked properly.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66217-unable-open-folder-unless-its-another-folder.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My friend we ll call him David created How I do folder long (C:\folder\folder\folder\...) delete directories? very for some sick and twisted purpose a folder path that contained no joke folders within folders something in the order of quot How do I delete very long folder directories? (C:\folder\folder\folder\...) C folder folder folder folder quot David is now unable to delete the How do I delete very long folder directories? (C:\folder\folder\folder\...) folder directory When he tried to delete it it says quot Are you sure you want to move the folder and all its contents to the recycle bin yes yes to all or no quot He clicks quot yes to all quot or quot yes quot and it says quot The folder contains items who s name is too long for the recycle bin Do you want to permanently delete it quot He clicks quot yes quot or quot yes to all quot again and it says How do I delete very long folder directories? (C:\folder\folder\folder\...) quot Cannot delete z Cannot find the specified file Make sure you specify the correct path and filename quot Anyhow does anybody know how to delete this file Any assistance would be greatly apreciated nbsp

A:How do I delete very long folder directories? (C:\folder\folder\folder\...)

open a command prompt,
type rmdir c:\folder /s

(assuming "folder" is the name of the main folder)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-delete-very-long-folder-directories-c-folder-folder-folder.287407/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a folder that is full of a lot of files including some cannot Cannot erro; page folder [Solved] operation" folder open "In delete big avi mp wav files Something has happened and I cannot open the folder The error message says quot folder is not accessible error performing inpage operation quot I would like to open the folder but I would settle for deleting it I cannot delete it The error message says quot cannon delete the folder is not empty quot When I go to props props says it has bytes files everything When the file is selected such as to check props I can hear the drive grinding and it takes a minute of grinding for anything to happen I know the folder is still taking up space on my [Solved] Cannot open folder "In page operation" erro; cannot delete folder drive because if I go to My Computer and [Solved] Cannot open folder "In page operation" erro; cannot delete folder look at free space the space used is the same as before this problem started I am using Windows Professional Service Pack Build I have a Gig hard drive NTFS file system Need help to either delete this folder and its contents to free up space or open it and get the contents out Please help nbsp

A:[Solved] Cannot open folder "In page operation" erro; cannot delete folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-open-folder-in-page-operation-erro-cannot-delete-folder.70955/
Relevancy 72.67%

i had problem when i was open a Video folder. an error window displayed every moment when i open a video folder pls can u help to overcome frm this issue
i have attached a picture of the error message.

A:i had problem when i was open a Video folder.

Your Hypercam 3 software is unregistered.
To register HyperCam 3, please go to
HyperCam - download powerful screen capture software / SolveigMM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-had-problem-when-i-was-open-a-video-folder-641055.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello there once again Now I have a major problem with my NTSF partition and corrupted files OK I was going to resize and move partitions put somehow Partition Magic operation ed up aka failed during the operation dont know how and why though Before C System GB D Home GB E Software GB F Entertain GB G Install GB After C 8 files Partition corrupted Magic & System GB D Home GB E Software GB F Entertain GB G Install GB I only resized C partition from GB to GB Partition Magic 8 & corrupted files moved D amp E partitions and resized F partition from GB to GB and somehow Partition Magic 8 & corrupted files Partition Magic managed to up during operation All though my Windows XP Professional boot correctly and I m able to see all partitions and files but when I try to listen music or watch video there comes an error that say it s corrupted All though not all files are corrupted but most of files are I ve to say that I m now so confused and pissed off And one nice thing there is I forgot to take backups before this mess lol So I truly amp deeply need your help with this thing and I would approciate that so please reply asap nbsp

A:Partition Magic 8 & corrupted files

run chkdsk or norton systemworks registry repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-magic-8-corrupted-files.57928/
Relevancy 72.24%

Prior to a few weeks back where I made added a function to the folder file type it didn t matter if I doubled clicked on a file folder on either the left hand pane or the right hand pane of Windows Explorer Folder View Either way opened the folder and displayed in the contents in the right hand pane Since I made the open and shortcuts Folder Windows to folder documents" not Explorer and "my the change below however if I click on a folder in the left hand quot Folders quot pane it works as before and opens the folder and displayed in the contents in the right hand pane However if I click on any folders in the right hand files pane a new windows explorer window opens a displays the quot my documents quot This is driving me nuts The same thing happens if you click on a shortcut to a folder Instead of the folder opening it opens a new window and displays quot my documents quot This problems started Windows Explorer and Folder shortcuts open to "my documents" and not the folder when I added a new function to the folder file folder file type properties to print out the contents of a folder by calling a batch file that piped the content to a file In the file association for file folders in the advanced section I now have three functions - the afore mentioned create file list - explore the default and - find For the folder file type I just have - explore and - open Any suggestions on how to put things back to the way Windows Explorer always worked before make clicking folders in the right hand pane open them up properly in the same window as per clicking them on the left hand pane nbsp

A:Windows Explorer and Folder shortcuts open to "my documents" and not the folder

Welcome to TSG....

You can try doing a system restore to a day or so before you made the change to view. It will not affect any data that you have but you might have to re-install any programs that you have had since that date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-and-folder-shortcuts-open-to-my-documents-and-not-the-folder.557327/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello!

I encountered a big trouble.I used the folder lock 6.1.4 trial version some time ago and encrypted my docs folder. When I tried to add suplementary pages the encrypted archive, I opened the folder and no one document was seen inside, although the encrypted archive could be seen in the "Browse" button. The encrypted folder was fully empthy. Neither I reinstalled the windows platform + Folder Lock soft I could not open again the flk. archive. Please, let you me know as soon as possible if you got any solution to this trouble. I need a lot to access docs from that folder. You can send me a mail too, to the [email protected]

I am waiting for your help, as fast possible.

Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-to-recover-a-folder-encrypted-with-folder-lock-6-software-348878.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am not able to open each folder in same window. I dont know what happens. before I was able to open the folder in same window,but now whenever i want to open a folder and click on it a different window is opening ..in that process to access a particular file i have to open minimum 5 to 8 window that is disgusting and making a mess of all. It is happening for somedays, my computer have been used by other of my home, i dont know if they did something wrong or not unintentionally or not. i am sure about no virus.
I am using win 7, and i have gone to folder option>general>check box on "open each folder in same window" but it is in no use wherever I check it or uncheck it.
any idea?

A:minor problem-can't open each folder in same window

bump on not getting response

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/minor-problem-cant-open-each-folder-in-same-window-474857.html
Relevancy 71.81%

First, please forgive me if I have overlooked this issue in the many searches I have performed thus far.

I would like to know if anyone has a way to change all folder icons within a single folder to one specific icon without performing each one individually. I have over 1,400 folders within a master folder of which I would like to change the child folder icons. I really don't wish to perform this on a folder-by-folder basis.
This is not a Default Folder Icon Change inquiry. This is simply all child folders within a single master folder. I would also be interested if the change would affect all folders of a specific type. Windows 7 does allow the 'setup' of a folder to be distributed (details view with selected details, order, and column size for example) but the icon did not distribute as well.

Any suggestions?

A:Bulk Change All Folder Icons in Single Folder or Folder Type

First, a little bit of theory. What happens when a person sets a custom icon for a folder in Windows 7?
1. Attributes of a Folder change to Read-only (of the folder, NOT content!).
2. A hidden system file created inside that folder, which contains a link to the icon.

Thus, having such file as model, it is possible simply copy it across desired folders, and change attributes of those folders correspondingly.

Secondly, having this idea in my mind, I have put all of my little knowledge of Batch files together and created a script.
BEFORE script is started the following is needed to be done:
Master folder needs to be selected and a custom icon applied to it.

ONLY AFTER THAT
1. Script is placed inside that master folder and launched.
2. First, script checks if hidden system file with custom icon settings is there.
3. Secondly, script looks for subfolders and start changing its attributes.
4. Thirdly, script copies this settings file to all subfolders of current master folder, including all levels of subfolders.

For 100 folders it took about 21 seconds, for 200 folders with different levels of subfolders it took about 57 seconds on my laptop.

I have included remarks (comments) in the source code for better understanding what is going on.

UPDATE: Original file deleted. Script was not meant to be applied to system folders.
Please check a newer FIXED version at this post.

PLEASE READ NEW INSTRUCTION IN THAT POST.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/157162-bulk-change-all-folder-icons-single-folder-folder-type.html
Relevancy 71.38%

A strange problem just started Before when I added a folder to a folder it came up quot new folder quot which was highlighted so I could automatically rename it to my preference The last couple of days when I add a new folder it just isn t there When I hit back then forward adding folder. new not when folder/rename it's strange there a problem or just reaccess the folder where I added the new folder it s there listed as quot new folder quot then when I quot right click quot and select quot rename quot and type strange problem when adding a new folder/rename folder. it's not there in the new name it goes back to quot new folder quot Then when I hit back then forward or as above open the folder where the renamed folder is located the new folder is there and renamed I just wondered if anyone has had this happen before and if it s some configuration setting or registry entry that has either been lost or is configured wrong It s manageable but a PIA strange problem when adding a new folder/rename folder. it's not there thx I just turned off my AV nod and it didn t help however I restarted logged in to my administrator account and had no problem adding renaming a folder as normal I then logged off the administrator account back to the limited user account added a folder again with no problem I then opened firefox and tried to add a folder to the shared docs and it was back to the same problem So it appears to be something associated with the firefox browser and the folder problem is still there when I close firefox I ran a nod scan adaware spybot s amp d scan last night with no problems a minute ago I ran a hijack this scan from the administrator s account with nothing out of the ordinary I just ran a hijackthis scan from the limited user surfing account and this is the only entry that I haven t seen before it also wasn t in the administrator hijackthis scan- O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C windows system WPDShServiceObj dll just rechecked it exited firefox cleared all ran Ccleaner and had no problem adding renaming a folder opened firefox tried to add a folder and the folder problem reappears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-problem-when-adding-a-new-folder-rename-folder-its-not-there.559889/
Relevancy 71.38%

When I try to move files from one folder to another (or off a device on to my computer), not all of them move. I have tried drag & drop, and cut & paste. I don't get an error message or anything like that, some of the files just don't move. So I have to go through file by file and see what didn't make it, very tedious! I have tried moving as few as 25 at a time, and they still don't all make it. Can anyone help?

A:Not all files will move from folder to folder

Seems like some were in use by something.

Anyway, can you try using Fastcopy? (this is the official website with download, select Executable (32bit), yes the guy making it is japanese, don't worry about the download page being in japanese, the program is in english)
It's simple and does usually tell you why it wasn't able to move files, so you can have a clue of what is going on.
For moving lots of files, it's much better than copy-paste/drag&drop. Also because of its options (as explained on its site).

In case of other problems, report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292641-not-all-files-will-move-folder-folder.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I Have a folder whose path is C:\Users\Premanand\Documents\Downloads\Video. if i open the folder through Libraries>Documents>Downloads>video i cant see any folder or files except the text files only. But when I right click on it and choose to OPEN FOLDER LOCATION there I can see all files and folders.

Let me tell you what I have tried

1-As i rename the folder to video1 i can see all the files on both the process.
2-Permission and rights are full control.
3-I am the owner of the folder.
4-I created a New folder and stored files as I rename the folder to Video, all the files disappears excepts the text files.

Friends Though i can find my files so it is not a issue, but i am curious to know why this problem arisen.

Attached a Snap for reference.

A:Can't create New Folder or see files on a folder.

Hello Preman and Prasad, and welcome to Seven Forums.

While in your Documents library, double check using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to make sure that the full path of this included "Video" folder is correct or even added to the library. Renaming the folder at it's original location may have broken it's link in the library until you correct the included folder's name as well.

Library - Include a Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252286-cant-create-new-folder-see-files-folder.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, I am trying to install a theme and I need to replace the shell32.dll... So I took ownership of the original, renamed it shell32.dll.backup, and then tried dragging the new shell32 in... It said it moved, however, I looked in the System32 folder and there is no shell32.dll, only the backup. It will not move files to any other folder than the one it is currently in... Any help is appreciated

A:Can't move files from folder to folder

Did you view there after enabling the Show System Files and Folders on the options

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/332246-cant-move-files-folder-folder.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello All,

I have been experiencing a problem, wherein the laptop responds very slowly to opening a new folder, seems something related to the explorer process.
Also, this strange thing happens, when i start the laptop, the mouse pointer starts flickering and im not able to double click anything. I have to use the laptop buttons to left-click-open folders. After sometime, im able to double-click-open folders using the touchpad.

Please find the hijackthis log attached.

Thanks!

A:Explorer (new folder open) has become slow, touchpad problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/546366 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546366/explorer-new-folder-open-has-become-slow-touchpad-problem/
Relevancy 70.95%

Code Destination Folder Access Denied ------------------------------------ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder lt Folder Sub-Folder Name gt Date created lt Creation Date gt ------------------------------------ Continue Skip Cancel I get this dialog files whenever I try to modify copy delete or edit contents modifying folder when Access Program "Destination Folder Denied" Files of the quot C Program Files quot folder or its sub folders When I click the Continue button everything goes on fine without any problem Some programs give write errors when I try to modify a file inside Program Files with them e g Notepad gives write error when I try to edit a text file inside one of "Destination Folder Access Denied" when modifying Program Files folder the sub-folders of the Program Files folder I'm the only user on this computer and I'm already the administrator who installed this Windows There is no other OS installed on this machine This problem has been occurring for a long time At first I ignored it but later it started to became bothersome I don't remember how have it started or what had I done before it first appeared What can I do to stop Windows showing me this dialog box I want to freely modify contents of any directory in my computer This is a home computer I have no social privacy concerns OS Windows Ultimate x SP Up-to-date

A:"Destination Folder Access Denied" when modifying Program Files folder

You could try disabling UAC.

User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278361-destination-folder-access-denied-when-modifying-program-files-folder.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,
Yesterday I merged 2 x 30Gb partitions and even though the process was completed without hitch, the folder/file info from one of the partitions has disappeared. The data is still stored on the partition as indicated by space occupied. How can I restore access to the missing files?

John H .

A:Partition Magic loses files during Merge process

Google file recovery utilities. this is a good one that has helped me in a pinch. It is a 30 day trial, which doesnt really matter if you're just gonna use it once to restore some files.

ALWAYS back up your files before editing partitions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-magic-loses-files-during-merge-process.77248/
Relevancy 70.09%

So I have a pen drive infected with a worm called Raka International On drive spy which I can remove if I find the hidden folder inside my pen drive.

Tools>Folder Options>Show hidden files doesn't seem to bring it up. Still when I connect it to my TV (which shows all folders regardless of property) I can see a folder called __Rakopen.exe and can execute files within __Rakopen.exe using command prompt. Kindly advice.

A:Unhiding files and folder problem

Due to Forum rules we cannot assist you with Virus removal here, please click on the link in my signature for Virus Help and post there for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unhiding-files-and-folder-problem-639695.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi and Happy Easter to all

I seem to be having a problem deleting a folder along with it files , every time I try , it says access denied , I have checked all the permissions etc that I can think of to be able to do it .

I have attached a couple of screen shots that may shed some light on the problem .

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit .

spike

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi everyone,
I am working on a simple crawler that downloads web pages and stores it on my computer on local drive. The crawler works fine for the simple task I needed. My problem is, the crawler fails to create files and save the web pages once the number of files in the folder is around 630. The crawler works normally but the files are not created. I think this has something to do with Operating System than the crawler. Disk quota is off on the computer. I run Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version on laptop. Do you see any reason why this happens?

A:Problem with number of files in a folder

More likely that the script processing limit(cpu time) is reached.
Unless you have quotas enabled, the file count is not limited to this smallish number.

a simple crawler that downloads web pagesClick to expand...

I find this to be objectionable and may easily violate DRM and Copyright laws.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-number-of-files-in-a-folder.196572/
Relevancy 70.09%

This is a really strange thing that has never happened before with any of my other computers, but:

In windows XP Home Edition (Svc Pack 2), whenever I have a folder open with a certain kind of video file--I'm pretty sure it's either .AVI or .MPG files--the folder locks up, freezes my desktop, and can only be restored by using the task manager to end the not responding folder. If the video file is on the desktop, there is nothing to be done but to restart manually.

I do get some error messages from time to time saying that Dr. Watson Debugger has quit unexpectedly, but I'm not sure if that is a different issue.

This is really annoying me, and frustrating me with an otherwise wonderful new computer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mancko

Relevancy 70.09%

I posted with 8 partition after files Trouble partiton accesing merge magic a thead befor quot Trouble partitioning quot Trouble accesing files after partition merge with partiton magic 8 weall I got that solved but now as I was exanging files to the new partition and rezising the new partition so all the files could fit Partiton magic could not rezise because of a file that mi antivirus aparently infected got bloqued for acces causing the rezise proces to stop so the amount of HD space that was going to be added to the New partition Was left unalocated so I created another partition for the unalocated space and merge it to the partition where I was putting all mi backup files the problem is that in order to do the merge proces all the files on the partition were moved to a folder and now I can not acces them with windows the files are there they are just not accesible Can anybody HELLP I am in to a halt here if I don t get all those files to be accesible again can someone recomend me a good program to recover those files all the files were defragmented before all took place so I am confident that It s not that bad and the info can be retrived thanks nbsp

A:Trouble accesing files after partition merge with partiton magic 8

Could you be a little more specific by what you mean by not being able to access them. Can you see the files and folders? Do you get any error messages?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-accesing-files-after-partition-merge-with-partiton-magic-8.401031/
Relevancy 70.09%

Sorry for the vague title and sorry error XP boot on files/command Partition - Magic batch if this is the wrong forum if it is feel free to move the post Yesterday I was looking at some software irrelevant to my issue just background which involved a home server and firewall and wanting to use one of the hard drives connected to my current computer which is the one im having troubles with I needed to first move XP - Partition Magic on boot batch files/command error one partition which had a backup of my OS XP Home bit SP iirc its been a long time on to my main hard drive so that it would be easily accessible This partition contained a full clone that XP - Partition Magic on boot batch files/command error upon booting once would immediately change drive letters and set the partition to active That was good for my purposes but when I copied it over to my main hard drive I accidently forgot to XP - Partition Magic on boot batch files/command error hide it which caused a headache among other things I connected up a spare hard drive with XP installed just the basics to remedy this and have fixed up letter assignments active and hidden partitions HOWEVER when I try to boot the partition I am left with the error that partition magic cannot find the batch file quot press any key quot Now for some reason any key presses are ignored I had used F to load up the boot menu USB keyboard and this leaves me unable to load windows up Any help at all on what to do would be appreciated My thoughts on dealing with this would be to remove the file prompting windows to execute the batch file however I have no idea which files are cuplable for this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-partition-magic-on-boot-batch-files-command-error-478184.html
Relevancy 69.66%

This problem probably occured while trying to establish a Internet Connection Service ICS beteen a Desktop running WIN XP Pro and a laptop running WIN K in the last few days but I Problem Renaming Folder or Deleting Files, m not entirely sure This problem pertains to the C Documents and Settings DC Local Settings Temporary Internet Files folder There are currently files within this folder Right clicking any of the nine files to view it s properties indicates Expires None Last Modified None Last Accessed AM I CANNOT Problem Deleting Files, or Renaming Folder delete any of the nine files If I try to delete one nothing happens No deletion or error message All nine of the files show an quot Internet Address of quot hcp system quot with various extensions xml htm css bmp If I look at the properties of the quot Temporary Internet Files quot folder It indicates Size MB Size on Disk MB Contains Files Folders It also indicates that the folder is read only and cannot quot check quot the quot Hidden quot box grayed out If I try to Delete the folder I get a error message indicating it is a Windows system folder and cannot be deleted It also cannot be renamed If I go into CLI mode and go to the quot Local Settings quot directory and do a quot dir quot command The result is that the quot Temporary Internet Files quot directory is not listed The only directories listed are quot Application Data quot Apps quot amp quot Temp quot I have tried to delete the files in Safe Mode without success Thanks for any help in resolving this problem Albert Resolution Cleared IE History nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-deleting-files-or-renaming-folder.583999/
Relevancy 69.66%

HI every one am new here as u can see this is my very first post i can problem Subfolder Folder, permission Files and say shout for help it is because i recently changed my os from to while i was doing this my laptop was having partitions and i transferred my files from C ---- gt D and E then Folder, Subfolder and Files permission problem i Folder, Subfolder and Files permission problem formatted C and installed win without changing the other partitions This is where i faced problem after the computer starts and i logged in it doesnt let me in to D and E Folders subfolder and files like play my musics and videos First it said u dont have permission and access denied then i did google it and find how to own a permission but i doesnt seem to solve my prob completely but it let me in into folders but still cant access my files which where there while i was using windows the other prob was i have to change the permission of the folder by one imagine how frustrating it is So can sm please tell me how access my file like i was using in win Thank u in advance tried to express my prob but if u r having difficulty u can ask me

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48561-folder-subfolder-files-permission-problem.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Its real wierd.

Im using one pc with windows 7 and another with XP.
When I copy a file on the pc with win7 to the shared folder, I can see and access the file fine from the XP pc.

However, when I move (Ctrl+X) a file to the shared folder on the pc with win7, the file does not apear when I go to the shared folder from the XP pc.

Anyone knows what Im doing wrong?

BY THE WAY, is there a way to share the entire C drive or we are strict to the public folders? Its wierd that I gave full access permissions to the C drive, yet an error occurs while trying to access from XP. Only the public folders can be accessed.

A:Problem moving files to shared folder

Quote: Originally Posted by israelihero

Its real wierd.

Im using one pc with windows 7 and another with XP.
When I copy a file on the pc with win7 to the shared folder, I can see and access the file fine from the XP pc.

However, when I move (Ctrl+X) a file to the shared folder on the pc with win7, the file does not apear when I go to the shared folder from the XP pc.

Anyone knows what Im doing wrong?

BY THE WAY, is there a way to share the entire C drive or we are strict to the public folders? Its wierd that I gave full access permissions to the C drive, yet an error occurs while trying to access from XP. Only the public folders can be accessed.

You still need to allow premission to access the shared files on the Win7 machine. Just set up permissions on the Win7 machine by going to "Network and sharing center" and then to the left choose "Change Advance sharing settings". The select the settings in the pictures below.

You should also have access to the entire C drive once you do that.

I've been using my XP machine as my file server and it works perfectly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18309-problem-moving-files-shared-folder.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I set this Windows computer up wrong more than a year ago and have just lived with it but I am wanting to use an online backup service and want my files to be in a standard place just in case files for set all folder Documents folder "Contacts" as Mistakenly When I moved my files from my previous computer the first thing I did was create a separate partition on my new computer drive quot Mistakenly set "Contacts" folder as Documents folder for all files R quot I meant to then put everything in the quot Documents quot folder and locate it on the quot R quot partition I had it set up this way on the previous computer using Vista Somehow I got befuddled and they all went in the quot Contacts quot folder correctly located on quot R quot but incorrectly identified I think when I moved them from the default location on the quot C quot drive to the new partition on quot R quot I must have gotten trigger happy and hit the wrong folder button or something I don't quite remember Fixing it is not as simple as using the quot Location quot tab in the quot Properties quot dialog for quot Contacts quot I want Mistakenly set "Contacts" folder as Documents folder for all files to leave all my folders on the quot R quot drive I just want them to be in quot Documents quot not quot Contacts quot I'm afraid if I simply rename quot Contacts quot to quot Documents quot or move them manually that will break all links to programs big and small such as Word Dropbox iTunes etc Screen shots below And yes the quot Contacts quot folder inside my quot Contacts quot directory does contain MS Exchange contact files If someone can help me tidy up this mess I would REALLY appreciate it Unless you think I should just continue to live with it and save myself hours of frustration

A:Mistakenly set "Contacts" folder as Documents folder for all files

Hello Druekberg,

It'll be a bit of work, but you should be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore the default locations of any affected user folders. Be sure to back up the contents of the folders to another location first to be safe.

User Folders - Restore Default Location

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/318850-mistakenly-set-contacts-folder-documents-folder-all-files.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, when I click start button and enter any file/folder name for search in the space provided at 'Search Programs and files' , no results are displayed. The following error message appears:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

My system configuration is as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1268 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 368707 MB, Free - 287334 MB; G: Total - 174999 MB, Free - 51405 MB; H: Total - 151588 MB, Free - 144960 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 05TM8C
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Windows 7 - Problem in Search (Find) for files/folder

"Hi, when I click start button and enter any file/folder name for search in the space provided at 'Search Programs and files' , no results are displayed. The following error message appears:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

My system configuration is as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1268 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 368707 MB, Free - 287334 MB; G: Total - 174999 MB, Free - 51405 MB; H: Total - 151588 MB, Free - 144960 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 05TM8C
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled"
Chances are you don't have permission to open the file. Follow these steps to check this

- Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have
- Click Edit, and then click to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then click OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-problem-in-search-find-for-files-folder.1081971/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am managing media for an Organization that has thousands of lectures on different topics and many Is any files problem there folder? keeping huge in one volume of in just mp3 times same lecture has more than about five topics I have to manage about mp files currently and it increases at the rate of files per year I saw new feature in win that of able to filter the files in a folder in details view depending on the id Tags it has In the details Is there any problem in keeping huge volume of mp3 files in just one folder? view the id tags like Title Genre Artist etc are shown There in the ribbon at top displaying the heading-names of these tags - say Title for the title of mp file - when one places the cursor then the down arrow appears clicking which appears a list of values that are presently there in that tag field that belongs to different files in the same folder Then on checking a particular value all the files with that particular value in that particular tag in the same folder will be shown This is similar to filtering records in Microsoft Is there any problem in keeping huge volume of mp3 files in just one folder? Excel This new feature is of much help for me for managing my media as I can add multiple values in some of the id tags like composers Thus I can keep all the files in a single folder and just tag them according to my need Then I don t need to make complex folder structure to categorize my files in which I will have to keep different copies of my file that has more than on category as I can t have the same file in two different folders and when some tag of the file change I will have to change it in each copy in different folders Like this so many complications are solved But I am not very experienced in how an OS works and thus don t know what can be the problems that will be caused by keeping a large volume of files in a single folder and also in the way I am thinking to manage my data So please answer my query and please give your comments on my way of thinking to manage my mp data Thankyou Damodara Das nbsp

A:Is there any problem in keeping huge volume of mp3 files in just one folder?

Hi and Welcome,
I can't comment on Windows7 'cos I don't use it. But if you are not already doing so please keep regular & frequent backups of all these important files on separate media - external hard drive for instance. 'cos when disaster strikes ....!

Also, I suggest you edit your post to remove your email addr before it gets seen and abused by "spambots" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spambot
Anyone replying to your question should do so like I've done & that way others can use the answers for their own trouble-shooting.

Richard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-problem-in-keeping-huge-volume-of-mp3-files-in-just-one-folder.1009529/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,
Some days ago Iinstalled an Adobe software that automatically installed Adobe creative cloud, the adobe creative cloud folder and its sorchuct to the rapid access menu on the left of the file explorer.
The problems started when I unistalled the softwares, the creative cloud files folder disappeared from my hard disk but the sorchuct is still there. I'll post you an image wich describe the problem. Thanks to who will help me to remove that annoying sorchuct.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/128703-problem-adobe-creative-cloud-files-folder.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I really hope someone can help me here I've turned Partition Magic problem my computer into a lb paperweight Now I'd just deal with it and reformat had I not been a complete tool and didn't backup all my Partition Magic problem files to cd This is what happened I had partitions on my Partition Magic problem harddrive and had decided to merge them as I was running out of room on the main partition so I installed Partition Magic Pro and chose to merge the first two adjacent partitions C and D I ran it and as it was finishing up I saw some errors flash by but it went too fast for me to get the numbers I assumed that some of the files had been corrupted during the merge and wasn't too worried The system went into automatic reboot and during the boot screens after it checked the PCI device listing I got this A disk read error occurred Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart So I did but I just get the error again this is when the faint stirrings of panic begin to set in but I have followed the directions and created the disks Partition Magic asked me to make just in case of emergency so I take a deep breath and boot from the bootable disk they had me make and run the other disk that has a limited version of the program on it Unfortunately all it tells me is that I have partition table error and the only operation it offers me to perform is format only wait I don't want to lose everything Now I'm panicking I do a little more looking around run my XP disk but I'm not well enough versed in DOS to really know what to do there to rescue the files and while I'm poking around I see that XP says I have a partition C that is about half the harddrive and the rest is unpartitioned space I figure that can't be right since I had partitions and I only attempted to merge of them so there should at least be left and then maybe the rest is unpartitioned cause the merge didn't work So I boot from a boot disk and there it is again partition and the rest is unpartitioned space - half the drive is unpartioned and half is so it seems the other partitions E and F have somehow merged Please please please tell me there is something I can do to rescue the information I've done nothing as of yet - thought about installing XP on the C drive the only existing partition but I'm thinking that it might be the space holding the majority of my files which were on E and I don't want to do anything without getting some advice first If there's anything I can do about this any way to retrieve the information or better yet fix the error and not have to reformat not likely I know but I can dream can't I any advice would be appreciated Thanks Cat

A:Partition Magic problem

Do you have another computer you could try this drive in? If you do, look for what's called a "jumper" on the hard drive itself- should be a little plastic thing overtop some pins. Right now, it's probably set on "master" or "cable select". You'll want to change this to "slave" and stick it in the other computer, which has to be running NT, XP, or 2000 in order to see your XP partition. If you're successful in booting up, look for some extra drive letters. If your files are still intact, you'll be able to access them from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/partition-magic-problem-19877.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I was in the process of installing XP Pro with Partition Magic 8.0, as my second OS along with W2K Pro.
In my HDD there 3 partitions, the first one is for W2K and the second for XP and the third just data.
It seems that during the installation of XP something happen to the operating system W2K and I donít have access to the very valuable information stored there. I could see the partition via Partition Magic or Explorer and it shows the space occupied but it doesnít show the files.
Has anybody have an idea on how to recover from this disaster!

A:Xp/Partition Magic Problem

Open up partition magic again and check to see if the partition has been set as a hidden partition. It must be set to active.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-partition-magic-problem.178102/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was in the process of installing XP Pro with Partition Magic 8.0, as my second OS along with W2K Pro.
In my HDD there 3 partitions, the first one is for W2K and the second for XP and the third just data.
It seems that during the installation of XP something happen to the operating system W2K and I donít have access to the very valuable information stored there. I could see the partition via Partition Magic or Explorer and it shows the space occupied but it doesnít show the files.
Has anybody have an idea on how to recover from this disaster!

A:Xp Partition Magic Problem

open the System applet in the control panel. Click the Advanced tab. Under the "Startup and Recovery" section click the "Settings" button. Hit the "Edit" button and this will open the boot.ini file, the file that tells the NT Loader where your operating systems are. You should have a line that looks something like this...

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Your rdisk value is probably different than mine, but what you should do is copy the "multi..." line and paste another copy below it like this...

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

now if i understand your partitions right, your partition value is probably set at 2 right now, which boots to XP. what you need to do is change the "2" to a "1" (indicating the first partition) in the line you just pasted. You may also want to change the WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" line to WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" to be more accurate about the partition you are linking to.

in the menu hit File, the Save, and close the boot.ini.

when you reboot, you should be given a choice as to which OS you want to boot to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-partition-magic-problem.178104/
Relevancy 68.37%

ok heres the long and short of my problem.when i tried to run partition magic 8.0 after installing it. theres an error that comes up saying that some of the drive labels are invalid. i have this partition on my HD where i had installed PCQLinux but it crashed and since i dont have the cd anymore i thought of trying out partition magic to clear that drive and help make it available on my windows. but now it seems i cant do that as well. can any guys help me out here? oh and if theres an easier solution to get my partition back on windows?????????

Relevancy 68.37%

I've used the Partitionmagic recently to make a logical partition on my laptop computer. I slept during the process under which my computer rebooted and went into a blue screen where i saw the process of resizing partition and another process going. When I woke up, I discovered that my computer kept rebooting without even logging into the windows. That is, before I could see the "Welcome" screen, it had already rebooted.

Then I saw the screen prompting me to go into safe mode....with cmd....normal boot....last best config... etc. I've selected every one of them but they didn't work out. My computer still kept rebooting. I can't log into windows.

How should I deal with this?

A:Partition Magic Problem HELP!!!

your system had a crash and your partition is damaged. You have no choice except to reformat your drive, erase all partitions and install xp.

You might be able to recall some data if you use your drive on another computer as a slave. Get a cheap usb to ide adapter. $20

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-magic-problem-help.54846/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, i'm a newbie at this site and have a problem with partition magic 8.0.

i have an 80G external drive named myBook(G drive) and tried to split it into 2 partitions (D, E) by using PM. Unfortunately, i forgot to back up my data before doing this. After the PC rebooted, i found that the original drive letter (myBook G drive) disappeared and none of the data is traceable . Now, i see only one partition (D) without any data in the external drive and have no idea what happened during partition. Does it mean the external drive was formatted during the process? Is the data recoverable?

Thanks for your help .

A:partition magic problem

ALWAYS back up your data - especially before attempting serious HD manipulations like this. It will be difficult if not impossible to recover your data. Try using a file recovery program. Provided you haven't overwritten some of the data, you might be able to salvage some.

try these: undelete plus and PC Inspector file recovery

both are free

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-magic-problem.76207/
Relevancy 68.37%

Alright I m pretty dissappointed with the quot good quot reputation PM had I recieved it and in an attempt to HDD Magic Partition Problem resize a partition on my primary hard drive it was a success except for one extremely major thing The drive I had kept my My Documents folder on along with about GB of other information including music pictures school work etc has been destroyed The format is now quot Type EE quot which I ve looked and looked online but it seems I m the only one with this error When I try doing anything to the drive I get an error What really bugs me is that this drive wasn t even part of the freaking partition I was resizing Partition Magic HDD Problem so why would it have been corrupt I can t do any chkdsk or whatever Partition Magic HDD Problem because my computer doesn t recognize it not even in Device Manager http img imageshack us img jpg That s an image of the drive and it s properties I m totally lost and I need IMEDIATE help I ve been copying and pasting the above on a few different support forums but since this is a more technical one is there a way I can check if the data is still on there I can t use cmdpromt stuff because it s an unknown format any ideas if I remove the hard drive and plug it back in or maybe fix it with the windows disk I m runnign Windows XP Pro -bit nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I have installed partition magic 8.0 and made 2 partitioning DOS based diskettes. When I use these two diskettes to partition and format (as NTFS) a new disk and install the windows xp on that partition , windows xp CD does not recognize that partition and wants to create its own partition. Any idea?

A:Problem with Partition magic 8.0

Why not let XP create it's own partition? There's no reason to use PM for that task.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-partition-magic-8-0.396527/
Relevancy 68.37%

i have 3 partition in my PC. which is C(15000MB), I(60000MB) and D
i want to resize the I: partition with the C: partition, because the C; is too small,
during the resizing process, it occur a problem says "ERROR#1520 external attribute header mismatch"
now my partition I: are empty but the capacity is still the same and it shows the used space still like before but i couldnt see the files. I have all my important files there..so what could i do to save the file..
PLEASE HELP~!!! S.O.S

A:Partition Magic Problem!

is there other way to save my file except formating the partitions?
argHH...plZ

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45004/partition-magic-problem/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have merged two partitions, one containing data and one empty . I now realize I should have deleted the empty partition. My problem is that I cannot access the files on the new partition created.From the disk information it would appear they are still there i.e still appropriate amount of used space to free space. The partition now just contains the one file with the name of the new partition I created but clicking on it gives me the message "Access is Denied". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:problem with Partition Magic

Must be a more difficult problem than I imagined!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-partition-magic.382720/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone :).

I recently installed Partition magic 8 in order to resize my D drive. I changed my C drive size from 60GB to 32GB and put the free space in my D drive.(which was 52 GB earlier and later was going to be around 80GB).

But I made an extremely stupid mistake. During the partition process(when the system restarted and the partitioning was going on), I pressed a key by mistake and the process got aborted.All my data is safe, but the issue is that Partition magic shows my space as 80GB, but my space in d drive is still 53GB. The C drive space is also 32 GB, so I have no clue where the free space, of around 30GB, has gone. I don't know how to recover it. Anyone here who can help me ? Thanks a lot!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/partition-magic-8-problem-366680.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have Windows XP Pro on my computer. I ran Partition Magic 8.1 to resize partitioned drive d and e on one disk. The process froze, so I shut down and restarted the computer. Now apparently PM renamed the E partition as pqrp and partition E does not show up at all, neither does the data on E. Have been unable to recover. Downloaded PTEdit32.exe and tried to run it but that fails with error #5 starting PowerQuest Engine.

Have not been able to chat with tech at Symantec, as their chat engine does not load.

Help is much appreciated.

A:Partition Magic problem

First off, I NEVER perform multiple operations with disk management software. There's too many variables involved and one slip can render everything unreadable (as you've found out). It may take longer to do it one step at a time - but in the long run it'll save you effort.Take a look here for some of the freeware solutions. Look for the Hard Drive & System Utilites Section on the first page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174406/partition-magic-problem/
Relevancy 68.37%

well dear friends lately i am using the partition magic coz not have got the yet now here is exactly what happend there are totall partitition on my system and i am using windows XP let s name them as C D E F now D was about GB E about and F about GB i wanted to resize them such that i reduce D by GB and distribute it equally among the Partition Problem Help, Magic With E and F now i given it the task it was doing well i just locked the room Help, Problem With Partition Magic and went out for a while as it was slow and i guessed that it would take at least Minutes about when i was wandering outside the was Help, Problem With Partition Magic a fluctuation in the electric suppply and my PC restarted now when i came back the whole D partition was of yellow color in the partition magic while it was Help, Problem With Partition Magic pink before that as it was in NTFS but now it i e PM shows it like dls e file system partition in the status bar it says that yellow is the color of linux partitions but it is still unvisible in the linux and i can t hold the data on it the worst thing is that i had pages project report in D drive and hence it also lost and it has to be submitted on monday what should i do please help me nbsp

A:Help, Problem With Partition Magic

I can recover your data from d:if you can get the disk to me. (UK). You MUST NOt do anything else with that disk till you get the data back otherwise you WILL lose the data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-problem-with-partition-magic.369660/
Relevancy 68.37%

A while back, I created a new partion on my HD. No problems, things were great. Well today I decided to merge them back together to get it back to it's single partion state. Well the merge went ok accept that I can't access the folder that was created from the merge that has all my files and junk. I click the folder and get C:\"foldername" is not accessible. Access denied.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rus

A:Partition magic problem

Well, it's been my experience that the PM merge capability is the one area in PM that is not all that solid. I've had it screw up several times. I don't know of any way to recover once PM scrambles the partition doing a merge. I was unsuccessful both times. I did have backups, something that PM cautions you to do before starting these operations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-magic-problem.485285/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am trying to move the unallocated space to the C: drive using this program. But I am getting an error after it says it moved it and tells me to reboot. When my comp loads back up, the space wasn't moved to the C: drive.