Windows Support Forum

Looking for BIOS to work with my computer

Q: Looking for BIOS to work with my computer

I have a dell dimension 2400 running vista, pentium 4 pross. purchesed a dua core pross. I cant find a bios to work with my computer help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Looking for BIOS to work with my computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Looking for BIOS to work with my computer

gary szabo said:

I have a dell dimension 2400 running vista, pentium 4 pross. purchesed a dua core pross. I cant find a bios to work with my computer help.Click to expand...

Any files for your machine will be found here. - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dimension-2400
If you need further assistance please feel free to start a new thread. This thread belongs to someone else. By the way, welcome to TechSpot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-bios-to-work-with-my-computer.193327/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, my computer power button recently stopped working. I went and bought a new one, and installed it. It may have been stupid of me (sort of new to hardware installation) but I installed a laptop 250gb hdd into one of my sata ports. In the end I was going to uninstall it but forgot to. I then started the computer up and after bios screen I get this 'disk read error occured'. At this point I knew what I had done wrong and uninstalled the hdd. I restarted my computer and the same error occurs. When I tried to go into any bios screens it just freezes. Anybody know a solution?

Edit: the power button works fine to start up the computer

A:Computer freezing on any bios screen. No USB connections will work.

Hello and welcome Wolc now my obvious question is - is that drive you installed new or used? and if used what did you do to prepare it before putting it into the machine?

Also how old is the machine mate as we would really like to know at that motherboard is can you post back the make and model.

One last thing have you recently updated the BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360629-computer-freezing-any-bios-screen-no-usb-connections-will-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Keyboard and USB dont work in windows but work in BIOS, i have also tried a ps/2 keybaord also not working in windows, i have tried safe mode, disabling driver sig enforcement, using different mice/keyboards, restored bios to default settings, ran sfc /scannow no errors detected, and still no luck any input would be amazing. I wanted to do a upgrade repair install of windows but you can only do that inside windows , basically trying everything before i have to wipe the HD and reinstall windows, i ran memcheck as well and no errors also as a sidenote it says my gpu is not found, when i have my monitor plugged into it, i am still receiving internet from ethernet.

I have windows ultimate x64
2.66 gHz processor 8gb of ram
1 TB harddrive 760 GTX GFX card

All devices work on other computers.

A:Keyboard and USB dont work in windows but work in BIOS

What were you doing on your computer when all this happened.
It's very unusual that not even a ps2 keyboard doesn't work.

Does you system boot at all into Windows 7 Normal mode of Safe Mode?
Your post is not clear to me.

If you can't boot Window 7 here is a tutorial with lot of test to do.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

What power supply is in your system?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364931-keyboard-usb-dont-work-windows-but-work-bios.html
Relevancy 46.87%

my pc is acting up, it has been working fine for over a year now. i have an asus a8n5x mb amd x2 4200+ an ATI x1900xtx 3 GB RAM and a Raptor hard drive. when i went to turn on my computer a couple days ago i turned it on and it is like frozen at the screen "press delete to enter bios" and my keyboard wont work . its like the keys i hit dont have any effect.

please help asap
pwnage_07 thanks

A:Computer frozen at the screen "press delete to enter bios" and my keyboard wont work

do you have a USB keyboard or a PS/2 one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-frozen-at-the-screen-press-delete-to-enter-bios-and-my-keyboard-wont-work.92568/
Relevancy 42.57%

So a few days ago I had the smart idea to update my Bios I had brought up System Information and saw I BIOS BIOS, menu bring at Restarts up Computer often can't even hadn't updated the Bios since it's an older computer so I downloaded the Bios and ran the windows installer Everyone seemed to run fine But afterwards the computer would restart at the Bios screen multiple times Given enough time it would sometimes get past the Bios screen and load Windows I tried pressing F to bring up the Bios menu but it would restart before the menu popped up After probably - resets I could bring Computer Restarts at BIOS, often can't even bring up BIOS menu up the Bios menu I tried using an USB with the Bios on it to install it again but it didn't fix anything I've heard of different things like pulling out and putting back in reseating the CMOS battery to reset the Bios to the original version I haven't tried that yet because I wanted to see if there were any other options Thank you for your time

A:Computer Restarts at BIOS, often can't even bring up BIOS menu

I am not aware that reseating the CMOS battery will cause the BIOS to revert to the original version.  Nevertheless, have you tried re-flashing the 2013 version again?  If that doesn't solve the problem, maybe you could try flashing the 2011 version?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612668/computer-restarts-at-bios-often-cant-even-bring-up-bios-menu/
Relevancy 40.85%

Here is BIOS doesn't work my problem my computer worked perfectly until I connected an external hard drive via usb port Right after that I noticed a smell from that enclosure - smell of burning electronics But computer recognised an extra hard drive but couldn t open any folder I thought that that hard drive is burned replace it with other HD but was the BIOS doesn't work same although without any smell my computer still couln t open any folder And then strange things happened I disconnected that external drive and restarted the system to discover that only part of bios was loaded until searching for drives OK - I restarted again and nothing Black screen no bios no sound from HD I thought HD failure so I bought new HD installed and still nothing I installed the old HD to my spare computer as a slave and it works so the problem must be the bios I think so I visually checked the motherboard - it looks fine all fans are OK too So what next to do P GHz GB two HDs Vista Business AS Rock MB thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-work.915430/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am a technician working on an HP 15 - p213cl.

The job was to downgrade the original OS (Windows 8) to Windows 7 Pro 64. Fairly easy process I have done many times.

I downgraded to 7, Updated all drivers that the HP support site had for my model. Also did all windows updates.

Everything seems to work, therefore I'm ready to run final checks before contacting customer and what do I find? No working USB ports. They work in BIOS and I can boot from USB. I have tried searching for the drivers with no luck. Also Right click and update in Device Manager but says cant find online.

I also checked the BIOS for USB security settings but didn't see any to enable or disable.

A:USB ports only work in BIOS

No driver detector at the HP site.

Hard to believe there`s no usb drivers there.

Problem is, it came with 8.1 and now it has 7.

You`ll figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365985-usb-ports-only-work-bios.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to update the BIOS on my GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard. Going to the Gigabyte site, i downloaded the recommended @BIOS update utility. Since the internet does not have the necessary BIOS for my MB, I downloaded the identified BIOS and then tried to use the utility. I then got this error "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match."

Not sure what to do now. Can anyone assist?

Here is the page for the @BIOS system.

A:Can't get @BIOS utility to work

First of all, why do you want to update the bios?
Next, your board uses Q-Flash; this is much more reliable than the windows based bios flash. I always recommend using qflash to flash the bios of a gigabyte board [when a bios update is required]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-bios-utility-to-work.947718/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello. When I plug in a USB device it works fine in BIOS, but when my OS starts up it turns off and Windows does not even recognize it. I don't know what to do. I've already enabled "USB legacy support" in BIOS and I have also deleted all the USB root hubs in device manger and rebooted my computer but it did not help. I have XP SP3. Thank you for your help.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HP p7 1058ukPSU is Corsair CX 750w12GB RAM Graphics card a a KFA2 GTX 1060 I cant find any BIOS update past v7.15 for the PC, which is dated 2011. I'm failry certain the BIOS is too old to run newer GPUs. The graphics card works on a friends HP Envy 1485ea perfectly fine. My pc wont get past the HP splash screen and I can't even get into BIOS once the new GPU is plugged in. Is there any newer BIOS updates or anything I can do bar buying a new motherboard? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-help-updating-my-BIOS-to-work-with-new-GPU/td-p/5801960
Relevancy 40.85%

I tried updating my bios. After the screen turns on and off then I held win+B and now it stays on but I get 4 blinking LEDs. My friend told me the hard drive was fried but I forgot to tell him about the bios updating. I don't think the hard drive is fried. HP is really making me mad now because my laptop already broke 3 times. Hopefully I don't have to take it to a technician so he can charge me 300$.  Also my PC originally came with Windows 8.1

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-won-t-work-after-updating-bios/td-p/5797203
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
I'm trying to fix some problems with my Windows Vista Repair Disc. However, none of the menus will stay up for more than 1 or 2 seconds at a time. When the Disc repair starts, it shows the repair starting and then screen goes black.

Same thing happens with any shorcut I type (F8, F2, F12, etc...) Even when I try to start in Safe Mode or get to the BIOS screen, I get the screen for 2 seconds max and all goes black (or moves onto the next step to eventually turn black altogether)

I cannot run the Vista repair disc without seeing what is going on. Any ideas on how I can make the screen last longer???

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HP Pro 3330 SFF computer which current has the 7.06 A BIOS. The PC works but has a few issues such as strange behavior when going into and waking from sleep, sometimes there is no sound and I need to reboot to fix this. I was hoping that a BIOS update would help but the latest version supplied by HP does not work. I get the same result as various other people have reported and still there is no solution from HP. Can HP please fix the 71.08 BIOS and re-issue it? ThankyouDave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pro-3330-BIOS-71-08-does-not-work/td-p/5766903
Relevancy 40.85%

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1513/compedited2.png
This is my computer.

Now, will this:
http://www.foxconnsupport.com/downl...00001&series=en-us0000008&keywords=&sort=BIOS
work on my motherboard? I know how it is, get the wrong one and your computer is dead forever.
So want to double check. Version: 79AF1P13

Thank you!

Relevancy 40.85%

This is weird I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain lol I have Windows Pro bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as into to does to OC work not and BIOS get USB Unable the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up I was able to find out how Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS to get the PC to automatically go into the bios from windows But when I got there I could not do anything because the USB keyboard and mouse were not enabled I was finally able to get my PS keyboard working I got into the bios and discovered that partial USB support is enabled so the keyboard and mouse should work I enabled full USB support anyway Booted it up then restarted and my USB keyboard and mouse still do not work So I restarted and got into the bios via my PS keyboard and went to overclocking like my original intention was I set all my values booted it up waited for my stress test software to update then started the stress test It was then I realized that there was no OC at all along with no turbo I had turned off the turbo anyway as normal I went into the bios and all my OC settings were still in place But they never showed up in Windows I have some OC values that were set before like XMP and the spread spectrum on both CPU and PCIe set to disabled Should I reset my bios or could this be a new Windows thing with both the OC values and the USB not starting right away My system i k on an Asus Rampage IV Black ed MB gb of G Skill Trident X mhz RAM set through XMP EVGA GTX

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64934-unable-oc-usb-does-not-work-get-into-bios.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Okay, so in older versions of Windows, you could boot BIOS from not only starting up the system, but also from exiting hibernation mode. In the new Windows 8.1, I haven't found a way to do that. According to my readings, the new BIOS is only available upon a full hard shut-down, and NOT from hibernation. However, I am in a situation where I wish to go into BIOS without turning the computer off. Is there still some sort of backdoor way to accomplish this?

To be specific, I'm trying to trick a program into believing 24 hours have passed (doing this normally from the Date & Time settings will not work, only going into hibernation and using BIOS to change the time will work, but that option seems to have been removed).

I'd love to hear a 'yes,' but a simple 'no' will suffice if you can only do it via shutting down Windows and terminating all running programs. :|

A:How exactly does the new UEFI version of BIOS work???

Papers | Unified Extensible Firmware Interface Forum

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53035-how-exactly-does-new-uefi-version-bios-work.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I need help!! I have a Dell Optiplex 470 which has USB ports and NO PS2 ports! The system boots to the XP logon screen but the keyboard and mouse are non response, they will not work at all. If I boot the system and use F8 the keyboard and mouse still will not work. Last known good configuration will not work either.

The keyboard and mouse will work in BIOS or if I boot to ubuntu on a memory stick the keyboard and mouse will work.

I have tried 3 different keyboards and 4 different types of mouse. I believe it to be a windows driver problem but I am at a loss as how I can fix it!!!

Please help!!!

Thanks

A:Keyboard and mouse work in BIOS but not xp

Hello Max25, and welcome to TSG...

Have you checked Device Manager for any yellow ! (My Computer>Properties>Hardware Tab)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-work-in-bios-but-not-xp.1000919/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello everyone.
I ant to format my computer since its completly crashed, well i cant do that because i cannot use my keyboard in bios. I cannot even load up regular windows because its corrupt and the only 2 options i have when booting up is start repair or start indows normally. it has a 20 second timer and just goes to start repair
How do I get my keyboard to work? it does work because ive tried it on my laptop
I tried all ports in and out
its an asus eebox 1501
Thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

I just Keyboard wont work BIOS, in Help!! got done putting together my first computer build and when I start the computer it gets to the Boot menu Now I need to get into BIOS but the keyboard does not seem to respond I did some research on the net and people are saying maybe my mobo has disabled the quot Keyboard wont work in BIOS, Help!! USB Legacy quot in the BIOS so I need to get the PS keyboard So i just drove halfway across town and bought a brand new keyboard with a PS plug and it still dont work I cannot Enter the BIOS to change the quot USB Legacy quot thing Every time I get to the boot menu i press Del but nothing happens and the computer says quot Monitor going to sleep quot and then a couple of seconds later it gets to boot menu again IS this something wrong with my video card do I need to take it off the mobo before getting into the BIOS if so why am I seeing the boot screen If the USB Legacy things is Keyboard wont work in BIOS, Help!! disabled than why the hell Keyboard wont work in BIOS, Help!! is the PS NOT working I know which hole it plugs in Another thing I saw online is people saying I might need to reset CMOS I really dont wanna mess with that Please help Intel core Quad Q ghz Gigabyte Atx GA-p -es g mobo Sapphire Radeon video card nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys. I have been on the line with HP tech support for over an hour and I have gotten pretty much nowhere (big surprise). Anyways, I was having overheating problems with my pc. Tech support said I needed to update my BIOS. Piece of cake. Computer boots back up, BSOD. Alright, well whatever, restart her again, working fine. Go to open up chrome. Chrome crashes. Open up Mozilla, Mozilla crashes. Open up IE. IE crashes. Open up IE in metro ui. Works. I have absolutely no idea what is causing this problem. Tech support told me to roll back the BIOs, but I'm not going to do that because I will have overheating problems again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Chrome and Mozilla to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. I am going to be doing some poking around myself.

A:None of my browsers will work after BIOS update.

Alright, if I choose a selective boot, with system services and startup items selected it will work.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/32484-none-my-browsers-will-work-after-bios-update.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Not able to get the system to boot via BIOS power-on schedule (eg, "ENABLE" for every day of week at a specified time). Updated to latest BIOS K01 v03.02, still does not work.  I see others have had this problem but no resolution posted.  Anyone know what's going on with this option and why it will not work? Any tips? Maybe clearing cmos? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Scheduled-BIOS-Power-on-Will-Not-Work/td-p/5664651
Relevancy 40.42%

Good Morning I had an E-machines computer and the motherbaord went So I purchased a p barebone including MB case power supply won't Keyboard bios work post after amp cpu When the equipment showed up at my house I put all my equipment in including HD PCI Video card wireless network card and ram I then put my XP PRo cd in the CD rom When I boot the machine it goes through the post showing the CDrom hd ram and it then asks me to press any key to boot to the cd This is were no matter what key I press it then skips that and tries to boot from the HD I ve tried another keyboard cd rom and nothing The keyboard does work in the bios screen I thought it may be a bad Keyboard won't work after bios post XP pro cd so I put it in another computer and it boots perfectly to that machine I m thinking there Keyboard won't work after bios post is either a conflict with my keyboard ps port and maybe my pci wireless card or video card It could also be a bad motherboard but I then wonder why the keyboard works in the bios It s crazy If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it Thanks again for reading this C nbsp

A:Keyboard won't work after bios post

Try using a usb keyboard. You will probably need to enable usb legacy support in the bios.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-wont-work-after-bios-post.85132/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have access to bios by hitting delete on startup but the arrow keys do not move any thing.  The mouse does not either. I need to get into F12 boot menu in order to enable the boot menu. How do I get things to move?

A:Have access to Bios arrows do not work

Hello, Have you tried with an USB external keyboard?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Have-access-to-Bios-arrows-do-not-work/td-p/314424/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

Can't run BIOS my tastatur don't work when i start in MS-DOS

Can't run BIOS my tastatur don't work when i start in MS-DOS

Please if somebody knows what may be the problem to reply me

Thanks

A:Can't run BIOS my keyboard don't work when i start in MS-DOS

Is it an USB keyboard? If yes, then you have to enable the support for it in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-run-bios-my-keyboard-dont-work-when-i-start-in-ms-dos.39270/
Relevancy 40.42%

When I went into the BIOS today, I changes these settings, numlock to off, I disabled the Floppy Disk Controller since i don't have a floppy drive, and i turned power savings to mininum, i saved to CMOS and exited and now my monitor will not show anything, the light just blinks. I figure this is because of setting power savings to mininum, i tried clearing the CMOS in hopes my settings would be cleared and the monitor would work again. I tried using the clear CMOS jumper and i left it for about 15 minutes, turned the computer back on and still the same problem. Then i put the jumper back to clear settings pins 2-3, took out the battery waited for about 45 minutes then i reinstalled the battery and moved the jumper back but the monitor still sits there and blinks, my motherboard is an MSI R480M2, any help would be appreciated.

A:Monitor will not work after BIOS change

HI

OK, it sounds like you did what a lot of us would do. Here is one for you. The monitor light is blinking right? Now here is the bad news. If it blinks orange there is no video signal to the monitor (bad video card). If it blinks green or is a steady green the monitor is bad.

I know that this is not the news that you wanted, but it is the truth. Good luck.
hartbeatmr

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-will-not-work-after-bios-change.391846/
Relevancy 40.42%

Earlier today our power flashed off for a split second then came back on immediately. Our PC was on, and when we went to restart it it wouldn't go past the Bios thing.

We have everything plugged into a surge protector and there were no problems with anything but our PC.

It just loads to the Bios screen (I am assuming that is what it is). Energy Star logo on the right, says to press del to enter set up at the bottom.

However the KB won't work. I have tried three so far. And I can't get past this darn Bios screen.

If something is majorly fried, how do I go about getting our files off the hard drive? I have somany photos from vacations and stuff, it would be a shame to lose them.

Thanks for any help anyonecould give. We are so frustratedright now...

A:My PC's KB Wont Work & Im Stuck @ Bios

Thats not bios its a post screen. Your keyboard will not work in that
mode. What does that screen say? Any errors, is it trying to look for
something or load something? Theres alot of information on that screen
if you read it. Post back with details,,,,,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pcs-kb-wont-work-and-im-stuck-bios-197395.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I'm new to the forum but any help would be greatly appreciated.

My keyboard (not usb) suddenly stopped working, but the mouse is fine. I tried countless ways to correct it, checked connections, bought a new one, reinstalled drivers and so on but still won't work.

I decided to do a complete reinstall of XP and the keyboard works in the Bios mode, but once windows starts it won't respond, no lights, no nothing?

Could anyone advise what to try and and do next as I am at a loss. Should I try a USB keyboard? Is it a virus.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Keyboard won't work after Bios mode

Markymark, welcome to TSF.

Sounds like an on-board issue with the PS2 port.
Please do try a USB keyboard and report back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-wont-work-after-bios-mode-225876.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My floppy does not work...So I was thinking maybe I could do this.
My ASUS support CD is bootable...could I just burn everything on this CD except the BIOS.rom to another CD and add the updated BIOS.rom to that burned CD? Then boot with the newly created CD and flash it that way?

I was thinking if it did not work I still could recover with the original CD.

I looked through the process for creating a bootable CD and it looked like I would have to jump through a lot of hoops...thought this way might just be easier...what do you guys think?

Relevancy 40.42%

my ps2 keyboard failed to work i proved that the ps2 port is faulty. i purchased a usb keyboard and put it in the usb port. it was detected by widows xp but will not operate on bootup. it will work after the pc has booted. this means i cannot access the bios during bootup. how can i access the bios after the pc has booted up without having to reload windows xp?

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello as the title suggests my problem is this a few moments ago i was browsing on my computer and everyhting was normal then all of a sudden my keyboard started acting weird caps lock reversed when i clicked enter on facebook it wuold just skip a line instead of sending my messages I thought it was something minor so Password, doesn't Wrong bios work then I rebooted instantly As soon as I booted and saw my motherboards logo the screen Wrong Password, then bios doesn't work stayed there far longer than it should like a solid - seconds instead of - then I typed in my password but it said it was incorrect I made sure to try other languages even on screen keyboard but nothing I rebooted again only to realise my PC would not boot at all no motherboard logo no bios anything just a black screen my USB devices are not responding either I download stuff all the time and sometimes I disable my antivirus could it be something like that and if so whats the solution A few days ago I wanted to access my BIOS for something different but could not do so after the motherboard logo i would press f or f or del etc and nothing Wrong Password, then bios doesn't work would happen or a black screen in case it helps my Wrong Password, then bios doesn't work motherboard is GA-XA-UD I m using an AMD FX with an FX stock cooler gigs of corsair vengeance ram my psu is corsair GS watt and my GPU is sapphire radeon gb Any ideas nbsp

A:Wrong Password, then bios doesn't work

We cannot help with password problems as per the rules. It does seem that you may have some other problem as well. I would try the following;
1 System OFF, pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical.
2 Remove any add-in cards such as nic, sound, etc. Leave your video card installed however do make sure it is fully seated.
3 Clear cmos with the clear jumper. Note gigabyte does not use a jumper pe se. Gigabyte boards just have two pins that you momentarily short to clear cmos. If in doubt, read your mb manual.
4 Now pw ON and see if the board will complete POST ie you get a display and receive a msg regarding no operating system found. If the board does complete POST, shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it does not complete POST in the above config, then you need to start swapping parts with known good units; ie mb, ram, pw supply, etc.

I download stuff all the time, and sometimes I disable my antivirusClick to expand...

I would REALLY stop doing the above. You are just asking for a problem. If you must download stuff, use a linux machine. Linux is much less susceptible to a virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-password-then-bios-doesnt-work.1162104/
Relevancy 39.99%

i am having exactly problem. all not wprking keyboards are the same. i tried as you instructed but not working at all. when i check keyboard device manager, still there even though i uninstall already. mine is hp spec 360 core i7. please, fix this

A:Re: Some keyboard keys will not work in windows or in bios

Hey @trang1,  Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are having an issue with some of the keys on your Notebook. You had mentioned that you already tried all of my troubleshooting steps.  What happens with an external Keyboard?What happens with Safe Mode?What happens with Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset?What happens with a hardware test?What happens when you tried updating all of your drivers?  Please try the follow troubleshooting steps to see if this resolves the situation:  StartSearch for Device ManagerOpen Device Manager from the Search results.Click ViewShow Hidden Devices.Click the arrow next to Keyboards.Right-click the keyboard device name.Select Uninstall.Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.Restart the notebook twice. Please note that the keyboard will automatically repopulate after the restarts. I found a troubleshooting document for you to try also called Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting. Please make sure to follow the steps in this document.  Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers that need updating. If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up.  If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting, your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and which windows operating system you are using and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution.  Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-Some-keyboard-keys-will-not-work-in-windows-or-in-bios/td-p/5733762
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all,
I am trying update my system BIOS.
The System Board has an update for it.
Boot to Windows 10 UEFI does not enable the USB mouse and keyboard, and I do not have a PS2 combo to attempt, although I am not sure that will work either, depending on consensus.
Might this be Legacy BIOS/UEFI mode related?
Boot partition has prefix part. for UEFI (100MB) and is Healthy.
Boot disk is Basic GPT off a Samsung 830 120GB SSD.
SSD holds Windows only on it.
I have tried other ports onboard USB 3.0 as well as 2.0.
Any clarification would be most appreciated.

A:USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI

The USB mouse and keyboard should work fine - make sure it is plugged into the USB 2.0 port. A wired mouse and keyboard may be better but even the wireless versions should work.

Can you use an ASUS Bios update utility to update it so that you do not need to go into the BIOS but can do it from within Windows 10?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/41579-usb-mouse-does-not-work-boot-bios-uefi.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.)

The keyboard is plugged directly into the PC (i.e. is not going through a hub).

If it might matter the motherboard is a Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H which supports AMD Phenom and Athlon processors.

I used to use a non-USB keyboard on this machine but that port stopped working so I don't think I have the option of trying a non-USB keyboard.

I wouldn't mind replacing this system but I am too busy to do that while the upgrades to Win10 are still free.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

A:USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

not all bios's allow the use of a mouse, newer UEFI Bios's do but on older machines it's not an option , but for your keyboard you could look for a Legacy Option in the bios under USB which should allow USB to work outside Win7 too.

you could check the PS2 ports are still enabled too while in the bios

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55577-usb-keyboard-does-not-work-bios-but-otherwise-works-fine.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm trying to reinstall my operating system but my keyboard doesn't work in the boot menu, so I can't enter the BIOS. I've tried both a USB keyboard and a PS/2. I think it might be my mobo but I'm not sure enough to replace it. I've had problems with it in the past (I bought it out of box about a year ago, so it would make sense I guess) like the microphone jack and keyboard and mouse PS/2 ports not working, but the weird thing is that they used to work in Ubuntu when I was dual booting Vista/Ubuntu. I tried updating the chipset drivers but that didn't work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I really don't want to replace my motherboard but I guess I might have to.

Thanks!

P.S. My system specs are in my profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269971-cant-enter-bios-because-keyboard-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm using a E6230 running BIOS A01. I want to update to the latest version, A16. The update process runs without error and reboots the laptop. However the BIOS version is still A01. I've tried updating from A01 to A02 as well: same result. I tried to update running both Windows and a USB drive with DOS. What do I need to do to install A16? Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996990
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I just got this motherboard Asus model A V X-MX I finished building the system and went to set up the bios award bios only to discover that the keyboard would not work I tried this with several new keyboards and it still did not work All I got was the bios telling me to hit del for setup and when I hit delete nothing would happen It also said what my CPU bios in keyboard work [SOLVED] setup won't was and memory which it got correctly Upon startup the three lights on the keyboard blink on and off once at the same time so I know that the keyboard is [SOLVED] keyboard won't work in bios setup in correctly and I tried it in both the keyboard and mouse ports to no avail What s the problem here it s a new board why isn t it working Please help Cory Luquet PS I tried replacing the battery upon the suggestion of something on a message board and it did not work Also if you need my system specs they are as follows Asus A V X-MX mobo athlon XP CPU mb pc DDR gig Maxtor rpm HD sony x cd-rom sony CD-rw quot monitor integrated sound lan video nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there, I can't figure out why my old bios 1.0.0 will not update to the new bios 2.4.0.  I downloaded it and it says it is complete and wants to reboot, but every time I reboot and check the bios version it stays at the old one. I am using windows 10 and it says the bios update is compatible with windows 8. I do not know if that is the issue, but if it is is there somewhere I can get a version for windows 10? I can not roll back my windows version without losing a bunch of programs. Any suggestions? Thank you.

A:Vostro 430 bios update will not work in Windows 10

The Vostro 430 was not tested/validated for Windows 10?There is not a bios that will work in the unsupported Windows 10. What specific issue are you trying to fix by installing a bios update?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992701
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there would be grateful for any help on a problem that has me completely stumped I have an AJP laptop that was running Windows ME I've recently upgraded to XP Pro The upgrade didn't go entirely smoothly until I updated the BIOS now R if that helps Hey BIOS work doesn't update, Monitor is since it XP? or presto XP Pro installs and runs like a dream Except that since the BIOS update the laptop monitor is not working properly when I power up I have a blank screen with flashing horizontal or vertical lines sometimes both together I've hooked up an external monitor which is fine and the laptop monitor 'flashing style' changes according to what I am doing suggesting that it is receiving information and trying to do something with it Device manager says everything is working properly I've updated the graphics card driver S Twister K And then I deleted all the programs I didn't need or could easily download again one day in case there were Monitor doesn't work since BIOS update, or is it XP? any conflicts Oh and ran a full virus check for good measure I've scoured the internet spoken to AJP support and tweaked everything I can think of I'm assuming that it probably isn't a graphics card problem since it all appears perfectly on the external monitor Should I be tweaking something in the BIOS or a system folder Any suggestions

A:Monitor doesn't work since BIOS update, or is it XP?

Double check that you got the correct bios update for your exact unit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-doesnt-work-since-bios-update-or-is-it-xp-27486.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have dell Inspiron 5559, I updated my bios to the current version but apparently my quickset isn't working. I tried to uninstall but it says "Your computer's Bios is outdated. Update your bios firmware to current version." I cant update the quickset too! What should I do?!?
Thanks in avd. ...

A:Quickset doesn't work for BIOS update.

Hi,
We?re listening. We?ll surely check and assist you. We don?t like customer?s upset and inconvenienced We request you to share the service tag/express service tag, the name on the account and your email address through a private message, so that we can for specific drivers and update the same to you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ?Send private message?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993105
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all,

I resntly bought myself a new harddrive for my PC. Nothing special, its a 40 Gig Seagate Barracuda 7200. When i tried to install it it didnt work. The PC just cant see it. A mate sugested a bios update but ive heard they can ruin the PC if they go wrong. Can someone explain exactly what a bios update does and how to do it. Ive got the update just deciding whether to get someone to do it or not. Or if someone has some other sugestions as to getting the new harddrive working...

Thanks

Pisso

A:New Harddrive doesnt work... Bios update???

it's pretty unlikely that you're going to need a bios update to use a second harddrive. it's far more likely that the cabling and jumper scheme is flawed, check that out first.

a bios update (aka 'flashing' the bios) is the process of changing the bios code stored on a special chip onboard (aka cmos chip) to a different version. it is performed by executing a program supplied by your motherboard maker, and may or may not require the use of floppies. running an update program designed for another motherboard can easily cause fatal errors that make the board unbootable. losing power during the bios upgrading process can corrupt the cmos code and render the system unbootable. should a board become unbootable, it will not be able to execute the correct update program and cannot be fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-harddrive-doesnt-work-bios-update.27894/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all,
I am trying update my system BIOS.
The System Board has an update for it.
Boot to Windows 10 UEFI does not enable the USB mouse and keyboard, and I do not have a PS2 combo to attempt, although I am not sure that will work either, depending on consensus.
Might this be Legacy BIOS/UEFI mode related?
Boot partition has prefix part. for UEFI (100MB) and is Healthy.
Boot disk is Basic GPT off a Samsung 830 120GB SSD.
SSD holds Windows only on it.
I have tried other ports onboard USB 3.0 as well as 2.0.
Any clarification would be most appreciated.

A:USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI

The USB mouse and keyboard should work fine - make sure it is plugged into the USB 2.0 port. A wired mouse and keyboard may be better but even the wireless versions should work.

Can you use an ASUS Bios update utility to update it so that you do not need to go into the BIOS but can do it from within Windows 10?

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/41579-usb-mouse-does-not-work-boot-bios-uefi.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Right now I m running Windows bit on MSI P Neo Combo motherboard gigabytes DDR BFGtech Nvidia gtx other update won't things.. among BIOS Motherboard work mb gigabyte Western digital hard drive rpm Default BIOS version I m not sure just how much more is relevant so ask if you need more information on my system Here s my problem Today I got another gigabyte stick of RAM for Motherboard BIOS update won't work among other things.. my computer Putting into Channel B results in a strange error It tells me that quot the performance of overclocking is failed quot and refuses to boot windows It only offers that I can open up the boot menu or go into the BIOS to edit settings I deduced that since the memory chip wasn t dead that I was having an issue with the BIOS I did some research and found that my BIOS was outdated Version is out and it has improved memory capabilities which I assume means that it will support unbuffered sticks of memory Attempting to update my BIOS results in another error It tells me that the version of the file I m trying to install isn t compatible with my operating system and that I need to check for a version of the file that s compatible with bit My BIOS update however only has one to my knowledge download link on the MSI homepage and it says NOTHING with regards to whether it s necessary to have a bit version of it or not Please someone has to have some insight here I know someone has a clue on how to fix this Anything any of you can offer me will be very much appreciated I ve already tried asking MSI tech support for help but they ve been essentially useless thus far nbsp

A:Motherboard BIOS update won't work among other things..

What method of BIOS flashing have you tried thus far?

The official page for the mainboard specifies that it already supports two unbuffered 1.5v DIMM modules

http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1216

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update-wont-work-among-other-things.145553/
Relevancy 39.99%

My old cpu melted off the mobo due to heat and continuous usage but Video Fans work, used no New CPU mobo, or BIOS - where I live I purchased a new case with a PSU new FIC KT- mobo and want to use a used Athlon cpu FIC will not respond to support email and their support is always busy I think I connected the front panel switches properly because the system does respond when I press the Power switch So I have a new mobo PSU and case used RAM and cpu The cpu came off a HP that had a damaged mobo so I thought the cpu may still be good The RAM came out of my old melted system I also have another stick in case When I press the power switch the case fans psu fan and the cpu fan are working I just get nothing on the screen not even BIOS I reset the CMOS I get no beeps after letting this run a few minutes I m starting to think the cpu has gone bad but I m New mobo, used CPU - Fans work, but no Video or BIOS not sure If I need to I can buy another cpu easily Thanks in advance for your response nbsp

A:New mobo, used CPU - Fans work, but no Video or BIOS

Have you tried the memory in a different slot? Swapped the memory with the other stick? There are many variables that can come into play. And you are correct it still may be a bad CPU. But take all added parts out and see if you get any beeps with just the CPU in place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-used-cpu-fans-work-but-no-video-or-bios.83961/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have updated the won't detect or HD BIOS work 2nd Update with floppy BIOS on a hundred pc s with no problem Now on my home computer went to update the BIOS and upon completion and reboot it will not boot with my second slave HD attached as it did before BIOS Update won't work with 2nd HD or detect floppy the BIOS update If I detach the slave HD it will boot to the Master HD but will not recognize my Floppy I have checke all physical connections and all is good but I cannot switch to an old BIOS because i can t flash because it won t detect my floppy aaarrrrg I have tried to go into the new BIOS and make changes but the floppy will not be detected and if the second HD is attached it won t boot How BIOS Update won't work with 2nd HD or detect floppy can I roll back the BIOS without a floppy I am using a MSI KT Ultra Motherboard and the new AMI BIOS was dated I just want my old BIOS back BIOS Update won't work with 2nd HD or detect floppy and my HD and Floppy I will never again use the software that comes with this the MSI LIve update for now on if the BIOS is working fine I am not gonna mess with it but how the hell can I Flash Change my BIOS to work now with no floppy Thanks nbsp

A:BIOS Update won't work with 2nd HD or detect floppy

check on the mobo website if there is a tool to go back to your bios

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update-wont-work-with-2nd-hd-or-detect-floppy.249545/
Relevancy 39.99%

I think I made a mistake.
I replaced the motherboard on a HP Pavillion desktop. The motherboard is made by ASUS. I updated the BIOS (downloaded from HP); then I got the "purple code" ; so I proceeded to reinstall the original os that came with this computer; the message was some thing like "Can not install windows with these discs...etc."
The ASUS website is not helpful at all. I called the ASUS people, explain the problem and the only answer I got was "you should call hp or take it to a hp repair center.."
I would greatly appreciate any advise or suggestions on this frustrating issue. Thanks, Luis

A:Motherboard replaced, BIOS updated, still won't work

What is this Asus motherboard you got? Did it come from HP or did you buy it from regular retail or online sources?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-replaced-bios-updated-still-wont-work.157730/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a pavillion dm4. I want to be able to press the F1-F12 keys without having to hold the fn button down and have it respond with the action key (brightness, colume, pause/play etc.) I have gone into the BIOS and made sure that the "action keys" prompt is enabled so they should work without having to press the fn key, but unfortunately they dont. Even with it enabled the only way to use them is with the fn key. It was not like this until one day I turned on my computer and they it just randomly started doing this. Anyone know what happened or how to fix this?

A:Action keys are enabled in the BIOS but still do not work wi...

same thing happen to me! i already tried disable the action key and enable it back but still didnt work

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Action-keys-are-enabled-in-the-BIOS-but-still-do-not-work/td-p/1708215
Relevancy 39.99%

I just recently purchased an HP Envy m6-1205dx laptop and i noticed that certain keys wont work on the keyboard. None of these particular keys work in Windows or on the BIOS screen. I am on my second replacement keyboard and i am having the same issue. The main keys that dont work are the "asdf" and "jkl:" Also, the main enter key does not work. The one on the number pad does. Considering i have trie multiple keyboard with the same result, i would have to assume it is something else entirely. Please help, this is driving me crazy.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-keyboard-keys-will-not-work-in-windows-or-in-bios/td-p/5633344
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello everybody I recently have gotten computer parts and put together a PC after a delay in the mail I have received the graphics card and installed it into the tower before I got the card I was using the computer perfectly fine with the CPU graphics that are integrated so I know that all of my hardware works or did When I put in the graphics card there was an issue with it showing up on the monitor so I took out the Bios outside work of doesn't Keyboard/Mouse motherboard battery with guidance Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work outside of Bios from a friend and reset the CMOS and I have it displaying now with a HDMI to DVI-D When I turn the computer on it turns on and then turns off instantly after the fans and such start to go it does this once then fully turns on and I press the delete key to load the bios after that I load windows and when I get out of the bios all usb ports stop working mouse and keyboard stop and im stuck looking at the windows screen showing date and time and internet connection I ve been looking online and still am yet to find a solution because everybody else that has this issue can somehow access their desktop I can t When I load from the windows CD i get into the starting menu for loading the operating system but again no mouse or keyboard so I can t keep going from there I removed the graphics card which initially caused the problem upon start up it restarted times and then turned on in the windows loading screen where i was stuck before the keyboard LED s are lit up but the mouse is not the keyboard also does not work just the LED s Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and here is a list of my parts CPU - i Ghz MOBO - Asus Gryphon z RAM - GSkill ripjaw x - clocked at in the bios GPU - Asus gtx Direct CU II PSU - Corsair HX HD - WD TB black Keyboard - Razer black widow ultimate Mouse - Razer Taipan nbsp

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work outside of Bios

Have you tried both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse? Maybe the USB 3.0 isn't working correctly due to drivers or compatibility with the Razer gear or drivers. Or can you borrow a basic USB keyboard and mouse?

I also see a BIOS update on the Asus website that addresses "USB Compatibility" and "System Stability" in another. If you do not already have the 1603 BIOS update you may wish to update it that one. You can update the BIOS through the BIOS itself, go into the Advanced section and use EZ Flash and load it from a USB stick; it must be extracted first though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-mouse-doesnt-work-outside-of-bios.1116128/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok so here is the rundown. I brought my computer to college and I plugged up a new mouse and keyboard so that I could use my computer. Basically, the keyboard works fine all the time but the mouse ONLY works in BIOS. It does not work in safe mode, or when Windows 7 is loaded. The mouse worked for about 5 seconds when i first plugged it in but after that it no longer works whatever I do. I have tried a system restore, disabling and enabled the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse and keyboard. Both are wired and through USB 2.0

Here are my computer stats:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-4810MQ @ 2.8 ghz
RAM: 16.0 gb:

Mouse: Onn (model ONA11HO091)
Keyboard: Onn (model ONA11H0089)

If you need any more info please let me know. Ive been surfing forums for hours with no luck.

A:Mouse works in BIOS,does not work in Windows 7

Welcome

Search thru the Bios settings for enable USB Mouse. Sometimes win7 needs that.

Then plug the mouse in after win7 fully loads to see if it recognizes it & says it is ready to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343929-mouse-works-bios-does-not-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm not sure what is going on with this computer It's running slowly and doing things that are not normal for it For example the software I use for work is giving me login errors I am gettting an error with Outlook saying my mailbox has been temporarily moved Internet Explorer is running slowly Chrome has crashed several times My computer restarted itself Etc etc I ran Malwarebytes and it didn't find anything so I figured someone with a lot more knowledge than me should probably look it over before I go too far One thing that may be of note its a GB hard drive with GB of free needed !! what it software computer, affecting - for work Not work also is sure space Thank you in advance for any help you can give PS I have tried to upload the addition txt file but I cannot tell if it uploaded I tried twice so if its uploaded twice I'm sorry Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! Art administrator on ARTHOME - - Running from C Documents and Settings Art Desktop Loaded Profiles Art Available Profiles Art amp Administrator Platform Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Language English United Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Lenovo C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe ALWIL Software C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lenovo ATK Hotkey GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files Lenovo ATK Hotkey LFKAS exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe InterVideo C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Ellie Mae Inc C Program Files Ellie Mae SCAppMgr SCAppMgr exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe Lenovo C WINDOWS system TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery UpdateMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo System Update SUService exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C Program Files Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exe Synaptics Inc C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe Synaptics Inc C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe Lenovo C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY LVOSDSVC exe Lenovo Group Ltd C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EZEJMNAP EXE Intel Corporation C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe I... Read more

A:Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/593321 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593321/not-sure-what-it-is-work-computer-also-affecting-software-needed-for-work/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I've recenty updated the BIOS to F17 and after it was done, the display is connected to HDMI port doesn't display anything and it seems it doesnt detect! I've also updated both VGA drivers (Inter and NVIDIA), but I still have the same problem! Any solution to solve the issue? Any solution to downgrade the BIOS? Br,Meghdad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-port-doesn-t-work-after-updating-BIOS-to-F17/td-p/5753678
Relevancy 39.56%

Says " an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press Ctrl + alt + delete to restart" black screen. "Admin" password does nothing. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-restart-password-quot-admin-quot-doesn-t-work/td-p/5797293
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello nbsp I bought a used HP Elitebook p from Amazon that is still under warranty I updated the BIOS to fix USB driver update. does work 2570p kbd external... BIOS after HP mouse not issues and after a hibernate the device failed to resume in HP 2570p kbd mouse does not work after BIOS update. external... hybernate state and forced HP 2570p kbd mouse does not work after BIOS update. external... a notmal startup After normal startup neither the mouse pad nor the keyboard work Only the wifi and internet button work Speaker button stays red but does not work nbsp To begin with this laptop did not recognize HID keyboard and mouse via any of the USB slots The drivers always failed to install While troubleshooting that I updated the BIOS to the latest one from HP site The laptop rebooted after the update and was fine for a few hours till I put in hibernate state nbsp THE LAPTOP IS TOTALLY LOCKED UP IN THIS STATE as neither external nor onboard keyboard mouse work in windows - neither in safe mode nor into normal powerup nbsp nbsp Thankfully the keyboard and mouse pad and external mouse works in the BIOS screen nbsp Please let me know if there is any way to reset the drivers from BIOS I do not mind re-installing the OS from scratch nbsp I own Elitebook p and p and very happy with the superior quality of these devices nbsp nbsp THE LAPTOP IS TOTALLY LOCKED UP nbsp Please help me recover this laptop nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-2570p-kbd-mouse-does-not-work-after-BIOS-update-external/td-p/5596503
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Guys I bought an Acer Aspire One KAV from Ebay couple of days ago not that cheap so I expected boots work directly and bios into netbook does not mousepad everything to work properly and after playing netbook boots directly into bios and mousepad does not work around with it I noticed some problems that I would like to first ask here before returning it Mouse pad does netbook boots directly into bios and mousepad does not work not work and all drivers seems to be properly installed The laptop came with the original O S Windows bits Premium so I decided to format the HD and reinstall Windows instead of uninstalling all the bloatware the came with it In the middle of the Windows installation the mouse pad stop working so I though it was a driver issue and I connected a wireless mouse to netbook boots directly into bios and mousepad does not work finish with the Windows Installation My surprise was that after finishing installing Windows the mouse pad still does not work and all the drivers seems to be correctly installed Any ideas suggestions to try Netbooks boots directly into the Bios So here is the second problem Sometimes the netbook boots to Windows but most of the time it will boot directly into the Bios I tried playing around with the Bios settings and everything seems to be properly set here are the Bios settings Boot Priority IDE IDE USB FDD USB CDROOM USB HDD Network Boot Other Settings QuickBoot Enabled NetWork Boot Enabled F Boot Menu Enabled D D Recovery Enabled Sata Mode AHCI In conclusion should I try something else or just ask for a full refund

A:netbook boots directly into bios and mousepad does not work

Quick update:

After playing around with my mini netbook I found out that all I need to do was hit Fn + F7 to activate the touch pad, yeah, so silly : )

But the problem with the computer booting to the Bios keeps bothering me, if I restart the computer from Windows 7 then the computer restarts fine and goes into Windows again but if the computer is off and I hit the On button to turn it on, it goes into the Bios settings.

Any ideas of why this is happening?

I tried several Bios settings but still.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/netbook-boots-directly-into-bios-and-mousepad-does-not-work-684929.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have tried multiple keyboards, both wired and wireless in all USB ports (no PS2 ports) and none of them work at all once Vista (32-bit) has started. Even the Num Lock and Caps Lock keys don't change the indicators on the keyboard itself once Vista starts, including Safe Mode. Keyboards work fine in BIOS, and when I booted with FalconFour's "mini-XP" OS it worked fine as well. Also, there are no problems with the mouse. I can do everything normally using the on-screen keyboard. I've run Glary, ADWcleaner, registry fix with CCleaner. Removed any suspicious programs. Tried uninstalling the HIDs and using "scan for hardware changes" to re-install them. Nothing has had any effect. 

It is a friend's PC and she REALLY wants to avoid a System Recovery but it's looking to me like that will be the only way to get her keyboard to work again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No keyboards function in Vista, but do work in BIOS and virtual XP.

Hello there, 

Can you please specify the name and model of your friends PC? 

It's possible the keyboard drivers are corrupted and therefore need to be replaced. You can go directly to your PC's manufacturer and download the appropriate drivers from there. 

In addition you can have Windows automatically download recommended drivers for your PC through "Windows Update". For more details follow this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/install-windows-updates

Hope this helps! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579207/no-keyboards-function-in-vista-but-do-work-in-bios-and-virtual-xp/
Relevancy 39.56%

System had WIndows upgraded to Win and then wiped and reloaded with a fresh Win install To try and fix the plugged in and not charging issue I installed the F Rev A firmware dated July nbsp nbsp System an work restore to BIOS the doesn't How upgrade when correct won't boot to WIndows says no OS installed nbsp When I switch to legacy mode I can boot slowly and run Windows nbsp I tried How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work all the previous versions on the website but they all say they aren't compatible nbsp The ALT-B fix doesn't work to roll back the firmware nbsp I even did a full system restore of an Acronis True Image backup from pre- upgrade and it doesn't make a difference nbsp System didn't have the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI nbsp so I installed the version from the website but it can't find a version to roll back to and none of the versions on support seem compatible nbsp Can someone tell me where to get to correct firmware to load to fix this problem

A:How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work

System info is: Product# E3508UA#ABLModel: 15-j078caRev: 1963-100

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-restore-the-correct-BIOS-when-an-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/5847769
Relevancy 39.56%

I reset the BIOS to a Google search appliance gb-1002 to, in short, re-provision it into a home media server. After the reset of the BIOS, my keyboard doesn't work anymore. I cant enter setup.

I have tried multiple keyboards that I know work as well as take the battery out and back in.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive!

Relevancy 39.56%

As the title says i reformatted my computer yesterday to give it a fresh start. Keyboard and Mouse were both working just fine until after i reformatted & reinstalled Windows. Keyboard now responds at ONLY the BIOS screen, and if i use F8 to open the boot list it will go to the list but freeze the keyboard. Both seem to still be getting power as the lights on the Mouse still come on and the Keyboard lights come on at first boot.
How can i fix this? I have no access to safe mode / cmd, and I'm not sure if i can use them in Setup. I haven't tried yet. They are both PS/2 so i really don't understand this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Reformatted, Keyboard & Mouse don't work after BIOS screen

I wonder if there's a IRQ conflict. You could check the BIOS.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297090-reformatted-keyboard-mouse-dont-work-after-bios-screen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have recovery tools that have bootable CDs based upon WinPE but they do not work in a UEFI environment. Is it possible to modify the boot details on the CD (or USB) such that it will then boot? I don't want to fiddle with the PC settings to enable legacy mode or anything like that as this causes me other problems.

If possible there is one other issue that would prevent them working. If the CD is based upon the 32bit WinPE then this will not boot in UEFI on 64bit hardware and vice versa. However I have UEFI in both 32 and 64 bit in my VMWare for testing.

Thanks

A:Can BIOS bootable recovery CDs be made to work with UEFI

x86 UEFI is only supported by ATOM processors

create your PE media on usb

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/65850-can-bios-bootable-recovery-cds-made-work-uefi.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi, i can't update the bios of my laptop L775 psk3we because i don't have a battery, how can i update via some command line or another, the winflash ask me that there is no more security for installing the bios update. thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90684-Satellite-L775-BIOS-update-does-not-work-because-no-battery
Relevancy 39.56%

I was trying to recover/reinstall win 7 and bring back my asus laptop to its manufacture state. When I run the recovery media (recovery dvd) that comes with my asus laptop and after answering the prompts, it gives off "missing operating system" message on an entirely black screen. I tried to go to the bios setting by hitting delete key upon boot-up but it does not respond. I switched off and back on several times trying the delete key every time but to no avail. Please help. It's an ASUS N61J Series with intel i7. I need this very badly! Thanks...

A:missing operating system, del key does not work going to bios setting

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have you tried using the computer's recovery partition as it sounds as though the recovery disc may be corrupted?

To use the recovery partition you need to start your computer and tap the F8 key then select the repair computer option from the advanced boot menu. Follow the prompts to format your drive and restore your computer to its factory state.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232505-missing-operating-system-del-key-does-not-work-going-bios-setting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Replaced dead videocard with msi HD6450 and machine won't boot. Tried old card I had laying around and it works fine. My searches have turned up questions about BIOS / UEFI compatability problems but no solutions. This is the second card I've tried, I sent the first one back assuming the problem was with card.Motherboard: Angelica 1.2CPU: AMD FX-8150Bios: Ang_716      4/5/2012The original card was a GeForce 8500GTThe card I'm temporarily using is a GeForce 9300 GE 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Video-card-doesn-t-work-BIOS-UEFI/td-p/5651757
Relevancy 39.13%

continuing from the title. our purchuseing something from Microsoft and they want to update everytime but I can't cuase I live in Canada and it asks for your state. and you cant continue??complete piss off. So those re my issues. thanks not sure how thisworks
either or how I see your reply. Faith

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9725409f-6c51-48aa-b77b-96c034ffa635/i-have-a-older-hp-elitennote-book-im-not-computer-savey-at-all-but-im-learning-i-have-a?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I am having a problem with some websites at my house There are certain websites I cannot access on any of the computers we have at home but I can access them on my Nintendo DS A few of the sites are www torhead com www ebay com www gotmarko com www questionablecontent net Occasionally questionablecontent net can be accessed from a computer at home but most of the time it cannot None of the other websites ever work on a computer at home So originally I work not sites on but Some computer, Nintendo do DS on work thought it was some virus that happened Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS to be picked up on all desktop computers and the laptop and Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS I have run multiple virus scans with AVG over the last several months to no avail Some things were found and removed but the problem was not solved I have turned off the Windows Firewall to see if I could access any of the sites at home and that did not work either One day at school I tried accessing the above websites on my laptop and they worked without a problem I also went a friend s house for a LAN weeks ago and I could access the websites on my desktop computer It made me thing that maybe it was something with the Netgear router we are using at home The fact that I can access the sites on my DS though makes me think that is not the problem Just in case I went to the router settings to see if somehow any of those sites got set to be blocked but there is nothing on the blocked sites list for the router I am at a loss as to what the problem could be since they work on the DS at home but not the computer and the computers can access them when they are connected to the internet somewhere besides at home When this problem first started happening I was on bit Windows XP and have since upgraded to bit Windows and I am still having the problem Any insight I can get would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS

One thing you can try that has worked for me and others with similar problem is changing your DNS server. You can always revert back if this does not resolve the problem or leave it. How to change to OpenDNS: Using OpenDNS On Your Windows Vista PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439274/some-sites-do-not-work-on-computer-but-work-on-nintendo-ds/
Relevancy 39.13%
Relevancy 39.13%

So, we have multiple computers that the wireless capability stops working randomly and can be fixed by going in to the BIOS and resetting it to the defaults.

Any idea why?

Relevancy 39.13%

I recently bought and Y5070 notebook with and SSHD, but it doesnt seem to be enabled, and i cant make it work. I got the Intel Rapid program installed, but there's no option to enable SSHD to improve system performance. I read that you need to set the SATA controller settings to RAID in the BIOS, but there's no such option for that either.Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y5070-cant-make-SSHD-work-no-raid-option-in-bios/td-p/3332693
Relevancy 39.13%

I bought the w and I love the thing to death Had not had any real problems with reinstallation after 7 Libretto drivers + some Bios W100 work wont Win it until saturday to make a long story short I reinstalled win on it using the key found under the battery Win installed ok but I had some problems with the libretto software First the bios was quot not supported quot as was the PC health monitor I finished installing anyway and it mostly seems to work A bit slower than it was before I'm guessing because of the bios This is the same hardware nothing was changed even the same win home premium so I'm wondering what I did wrong here I tried reinstalling three times and no luck Oh and I just noticed that the quot auto-rotation quot isn't working either Has anyone had similar problems and do you have a solution All libretto drivers were downloaded from here http at computers toshiba-europe com innovation jsp supportMyProduct do service AT I used Libretto W100 Bios + some drivers wont work after Win 7 reinstallation my serial to find the correct drivers

A:Libretto W100 Bios + some drivers wont work after Win 7 reinstallation

Hello

You have reinstalled Windows 7 from a normal Microsoft Windows disk?!
May I ask you why you didn?t use the Toshiba recover medium?

Regarding the display rotation I founded another thread that might be useful for you :)
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=57977

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?58785-Libretto-W100-Bios-some-drivers-wont-work-after-Win-7-reinstallation
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi guys I've been at this for three hours I hope you can help and I'll get to the point - Need to access BIOS USB keyboard Logitech G not recognized until the Windows login screen loads - No PS ports and blast it I have a PS keyboard that I can't use Cannot get a USB- gt PS adapter at this time - I reset CMOS and disconnected the hard drive This produced two lines saying there was no boot disk did not drop me into the BIOS - HP Pavilion P model P f - I have no other USB keyboards available - The keyboard doesn't light up until the login screen The way these threads seem to go elsewhere is quot Can't get to BIOS with USB keyboard quot quot Okay change your BIOS settings to turn on legacy quot quot But I can't access the BIOS quot I'm trying not to purchase additional computer crap I accept that there may be no way to do this Thanks if you can help

A:USB keyboard doesn't work before Windows login (can't access BIOS)

Are you able to borrow a keyboard from a mate to test

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349903-usb-keyboard-doesnt-work-before-windows-login-cant-access-bios.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I've got a Windows 7 upgrade disc, so I first installed Windows XP and now need to boot from this new disc. Because I'm going from 32-bit XP to 64-bit Windows 7, I have to boot from the disc.

I can press F12 to get into the boot order selection screen; but pressing the arrow keys, escape, or enter has no effect. Once I'm on that screen, I just have to turn off the PC because I can't do anything else.

Both keyboards I've tried have been USB. I actually bought a new keyboard in case my keyboard was the issue, but the stores only had USB keyboards--if USB is the issue, I'll have to wait a few days before I can borrow an old keyboard that uses PS2.

Is there any way to workaround this using the USB keyboard I have?

A:Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS, any other way to change boot order?

Try plugging the usb keyboard into the usb port next to the ethernet port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-work-in-bios-any-other-way-to-change-boot-order.915368/
Relevancy 39.13%

How can I get it so my mouse and keyboard work in windows, safe mode, and the bios without denigrating the performance of my 20 3-8 TB USB 3.0 HD. I've seen out there that the performance of these devices is increased by disabling USB Legacy USB Support"

For example "Disable Legacy USB Support unless you need to use a USB keyboard in DOS, OS/2, or Linux"

However when I do disable Legacy USB support my USB mouse and keyboard don't work in safe mode at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401387-get-mouse-keyboard-work-windows-gui-safe-mode-bios.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Ok so I bought a HP Mini Notebook for my wife Model NR Everything was working fine She goes to boot it yesterday and she gets hit with a password right after the AMI bios screen She asked me if I set the PW I told her no and she said she didn t either No big deal I take it apart and unplug the CMOS battery for about minutes Hold the power button down for a bit to discharge any left over juice Put it all back together and Unplugging battery work. BIOS doesn't CMOS password. same thing So I tried to leave it out for over hours and the same thing I even tried various AMI master passwords I knew it wouldnt work but you BIOS password. Unplugging CMOS battery doesn't work. know how desperate we get So now I m stuck I googled it today and found various information Most leading me to believe I am stuck with a paperweight or will have to send it to HP to have it fixed which will run me almost what I paid for it So am I missing something here Anything else I can do Thanks guys nbsp

A:BIOS password. Unplugging CMOS battery doesn't work.

Well I can tell you that removing the battery will NOT clear a pw on a laptop. This is a security feature. Next we do not assist with pw help. This thread is now closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-password-unplugging-cmos-battery-doesnt-work.884981/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I m new here My first time LOL I just upgraded the BIOS on my Intel D GVSR mobo with supposedly the latest drivers I used the Windows express install feature as my machine doesn t have a floppy just CD DVD card readers now ports BIOS, Upgraded readers front USB and work. card don't Help!! and USB After the install and I didn t touch my computer while it was doing this process I noticed my USB mouse not working and none of my card readers worked eithter So I called Long-distance to Intel tech support and went through the whole thing They told me to download the bio file for the mobo so I can restore Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!! my BIOS but I couldn t find the file for the right board so I called them back on a cell phone this time and this time Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!! was told that the above mentioned might not work and to remove the battery from the system wait mins replace the battery and reboot and this would reset the CMOS well I did that and still no USB I called Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!! tech support back and they basically put me through the same procedure again I m very frustrated beyond description What good is a comp if I don t have the USB ports to run printers etc I think my system is screwed Thanks alot INTEL There HAS to be a way to fix this --Thanks Kokopelli nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-bios-now-usb-ports-and-front-card-readers-dont-work-help.555880/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys I ve recently ordered a new computer from eBuyer co uk and spent the duration of today - components BIOS New PC Beep, signal Built work, monitors. NO All to no with a very well experienced friend building it up from scratch The parts we have and that have been built together are the following PSU Arctic Power W PSU With PCI-E New PC Built - All components work, NO BIOS Beep, no signal to monitors. x SATA Mobo ASUS M N PRO GeForce Socket AM CPU AMD Phenom X GHz Socket AM Memory x GB Corsair DDR PC RAM HDD x GB Maxtor SATAII rpm Internal GFX XFX GS MB DDR XXX Edition MHz As I said the friend of mine who built the system up for me is very experienced- he s built PC systems up countless times in the past and has a brief idea of what the problem could be here When all put together we plugged the power cable and monitor cable into the back and attempted to see if everything worked as normal The Motherboard light came on all fans were spinning and there were no error bleeps from the BIOS The problem however was that the monitor was not displaying anything at all- despite the PC seeming like it was running flawlessly We tried a number of different potential solutions First we swapped the cable for a different one but no luck We removed the graphics card and plugged the cable in via the on-board graphics but still no luck We ve even tried plugging it in to another monitor but the same problem still occurs This has been very frustrating- as everything SEEMS as if it s working fine Then it struck us the BIOS hadn t made a single beep at all since we d first put the power in Obviously with no keyboard or monitor connected to the system the BIOS should beep to indicate this- however it had done nothing Perhaps my motherboard BIOS is problematic We hadn t opened the Motherboard until today it was handled with extreme care and we made sure to be earthed and things to drain all static before handling it I myself haven t mis-handled the box while the motherboard was inside- we really do not know what has caused this problem If anyone has ANY ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it help would be very much appreciated I m at University and I really need this system up and running to work on ASAP We ve thought about installing my friends floppy disk drive and flashing the BIOS that way to try and give it a jump start but I myself have no idea if this will work or not Thanks again - Lee nbsp

A:New PC Built - All components work, NO BIOS Beep, no signal to monitors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-built-all-components-work-no-bios-beep-no-signal-to-monitors.799224/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Z600 that came with an REV #003 motherboard and two X5670 CPU's. The board went bad and I replaced it with a REV #001, not realizing that it won't run X56xx chips. So I then purchased two X5570 CPU's and put them in. When I boot, I get a series of 8 beeps, and an error message that the BIOS is corrupt. So I created a BIOS recovery disc and flashed the machine as per the instructions. I then unplug the power cord (as opposed to powering down first), wait 5 seconds and plug it back in a power up. I then get the 8 beeps and the error message just like nothing has been done to fix it. Is it possible that trying to run X56xx chips on that board fried something? Is there a way to reset it? What should I try next? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-Bios-Image-Corrupt-ROM-flash-doesn-t-work/td-p/5599283
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys So I've been struggling with this problem all day and there are many forums around the [SOLVED] work but in and Mouse windows keyboard in not 7 BIOS, fine internet like this but none are exactly like mine and I've tried a lot of the troubleshooting options that seem to work [SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7 for others but haven't fixed my problem Firstly I've recently put together a computer and everything works fine even the keyboard and mouse work in BIOS Now I've gone out and got my hands on an OEM copy of Windows to install buying the retail here is now close to impossible since Windows was released a little while back and now I've come home to install it and I noticed during the installation I could only use my keyboard to enter details mouse didn't work so I had to tab space and enter my way through Until I come to enter the product key keyboard is still fine then I realize the odd key isn't working without giving too much away my H and keys which I find odd as all the others are I end up skipping this part and finish the installation to now where I try and connect to the internet but putting in my isp password is impossible as it contains an H and that key isn't working I restart unplug them both plug them back in and now I'm stuck at my loading screen as now my keyboard and mouse have just stopping working entirely which is odd as the light on the bottom of the mouse is on and so are various lights across my keyboard After trying a few troubleshooting options will mention below I'm left wondering hardware issue mouse keyboard mobo or software issue windows [SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7 drivers Long story short brief timeline Computer is first built working everything keyboard and mouse are fine in BIOS Goes to install Windows from OEM disc notices mouse doesn't work keyboard is fine but later notices certain keys don't work H and Follows it through these keys still don't work in Windows but mouse does Restarts comp now they don't work in Windows at all but still work in BIOS In terms of troubleshooting I've tried but hasn't fixed the problem rebooting unplug and replug keyboard and mouse disable and enable Legacy USB support in the BIOS connect mouse through ps My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H-WB WIFI mouse and keyboard is under the Logitech G Gaming Combo can't find individual model names Much thanks in advance for future responses And happy to supply anymore info if needed

A:[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7

did you install your motherboard drivers?

go to device manager in windows and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks or red x by your keyboard or mouse/usb devices. Type devmgmt.msc in run box to show device manager.

EDIT was any operating system on it before you installed windows 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-mouse-and-keyboard-work-fine-in-bios-but-not-in-windows-7-a-690795.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I bought my Satellite Z in August and installed GB extra RAM in it Worked fine the Ultrabook detected it and had total GB of RAM Yesterday I stopped ignoring these Toshiba Tempro messages and installed the suggested BIOS Update to Bios don't know which version it was before Now I have several problems First one my Ultrabook doesn't start anymore with the extra RAM I press the power button then the power LED starts blinking times yellow time orange in RAM work Update, doesn't anymore Satellite BIOS - Extra Z930 after loop The screen stays black and the CPU fan raises to maximum level Only when I remove the extra RAM then it starts Second problem without my extra RAM it starts but sometimes with Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore the CPU fan at maximum level So i have to restart that it stops Third problem Windows only detects GB of RAM I have now no extra RAM istalled so it should detect GB of RAM like when I bought it Now there are only GB So is this what happens when I install suggested updates - - So what can I do now At least I want my preinstalled GB of RAm back Is there any BIOS downgrade or something similar to revert the changes

A:Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore

OK, solved the problem. I found a BIOS downgrade to 2.1 at this page: http://www.blog-drivers.com/2012/07/toshiba-portege-z930-notebook-drivers.html
Now I have my 6GB back :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69088-Satellite-Z930-after-BIOS-Update-Extra-RAM-doesn-t-work-anymore
Relevancy 38.7%

If I boot up into BIOS the keyboard and mouse on the computer I'm working on works just fine. However, as soon as windows 7 logon page comes up—nothing. I put an Ubuntu LiveCD in and of course, K&M work fine. So what is the solution to this problem short of re-installing Windows.

I hooked the HDD up to a computer and ran a check disk w/repair and it did say a few repairs were made. However, the problem still persists.

The computer is a Dell Studio XPS desktop. Originally my client (according to the Windows COA sticker) had Windows 7 Home Prem. installed but the logon window now says 7 Ultimate. Assuming he upgraded, could this have anything to do with the problem?

I have a restore disk but apparently no Restore points were made and the disk says it can't repair the system.

Help!

Relevancy 38.7%

i have tried everything, taking out everything except the graphics card, 1 stick of ram and the cpu but i cant get the mouse and keyboard to work on the welcome screen. my computer has the following specs:

250 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon 9500 series graphic card
1024 MB Ram
packard bell

please can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this as i dopnt want to take it to a professional and pay for it to be fixed!!!

A:HELP, mouse and keyboard work fine in bios but stop working at the welcome screen!!

What does your manual for your as yet unidentified motherboard say about enabling USB ports in the Bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-mouse-and-keyboard-work-fine-in-bios-but-stop-working-at-the-welcome-screen.78676/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello everyone First i posted here because i m not sure if the http www techspot com vb topic html thread is being read any longer if please password, help shorting work, 8000 Inspiron wont Dell bios i did wrong i apologize for it i won t do this again I m just a Dell Inspiron 8000 bios password, shorting wont work, please help little desperate with this problem Ok my problem My aunt bought me a dell inspiron for my birthday she doesn t know anything about computers but she s a great lady i really apreciate this gift She gave it to me and as i powered it on i saw the bios password screen I started reading across this site about this password thing and decided to try that shorting method I located the Dell Inspiron 8000 bios password, shorting wont work, please help chip labeled WC J on Dell Inspiron 8000 bios password, shorting wont work, please help the board and proceeded to short rd and th pins nothing when i short and power on laptop goes off right after powering on If i do the shorting pin by pin on rd and th using the paragon shorter with the rd pin it powers on but still that pass screen with the th pin it goes off just after powering on Maybe there s some trick on the th leg as far as i know th is the clock pin for the chip and rd is the A pin i guess is an input So i guess the shorting method won t work for me I visited IdidMyC and the paragon site and also read the descriptive pdf at this sites also took a look at the pictures and stuff at this sites but i guess this thing wont work with the shorting methods So i was wondering if rustam could help me out man i know you are really busy out there but if you just got a minute for me i d really apreciate it the service tag for this laptop is ZNHC - B Also i looked down the laptop and service tag and express labels have been teared off so i dont know the express code i just got this service tag from that bios password screen I just want to use this laptop for my school subjects i can t afford a new one and i just really need to use this one it is in such good shape please Rustam if you could have a minute nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-8000-bios-password-shorting-wont-work-please-help.85953/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all, After updating the BIOS to version A16 or A17 doesn't work memory card reader :(
On the aforementioned version of the BIOS, when you want to turn on the computer with a memory card inside the system do not get up! Of course, without a memory card system will get up normally but when you again put the memory card the system still can't see it.
The last working version of BIOS is A15 where you can use a memory card reader.
My OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64)

A:Latitude E7440 - memory card reader doesn't work after bios update

I have exactly the same problem. Last working version is A15.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19664521
Relevancy 38.27%

OK so I was watching TV on my PC last night, woke up to find PC had restarted itself, I shutdown from the login screen. Now when trying to bootup, it gives a warning, prompting me to run startup repair, if I do this it runs & gives option to do system restore, but I cannot do it as the mouse & keyboard won't work! If I try and start windows normally I get the BSOD with "Page Fault in nonpaged area" warning at the top. Have tried booting from Windows 7 DVD but again the mouse & keyboard won't work, they only work in the BIOS, would appreciate some help, thanks!

A:Page Fault in nonpaged area, keyboard/mouse wont work outside BIOS

Well now you say your keyboard and mouse only works in bios but what you don't tell is what (exactly) is your keyboard and mouse.

What mouse and keyboard are you using?:?

Do you have a PS2 keyboard?

From what I found you should have this.

Quote:
Back I/O Ports1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z87PRO/specifications/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341506-page-fault-nonpaged-area-keyboard-mouse-wont-work-outside-bios.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Question: How would you approach this migration?

I just bought a copy of Acronis True Image 2013 with Plus Pack. It appears that this is all I need as True Image will install the new motherboard drivers as part of the migration process. But do I stay with MBR or move to GPT?

Presently both Win7 (on a 120GB SSD drive) and Win8 (on a different 120GB SSD drive) are both MBR format. I don't want to start over from scratch. That's why I bought the Acronis 2013 with Plus Pack.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Migrating Win7 & Win8 frm a BIOS computer to UEFI computer

Why would you need GPT on a drive less than 3 TB ? I'm not sure if TRIM on SSD would work on it.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/26569-migrating-win7-win8-frm-bios-computer-uefi-computer.html
Relevancy 37.84%

So I was experiencing sound issues with the laptop when I first bought it. About a month ago I came across this post  
which helped me get the sound working on my laptop back to 100% functionality. It required me updating the bios, which I updated to version 01.10.00. This update was released on 08/02/2016 and I did it on that day. Since then my sound was perfect but the volume rockers on side my laptop are working in opposite. If I press increase sound goes down, and if I press decrease the sound goes up. It wasn't like this before the update. Its been about a month and that's the way its been since. Its a little bit annoying so I wanted to know if there is a way to fix it or do I have to wait for another Bios update to be release or something else. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991087
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I m facing Recovery Led 5510 2 boot. Precision does Dell not not 2 flashing 2 work. does white amber. BIOS the Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. following issue with a Dell Precision laptop with latest bios A It Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. appeared suddenly nbsp I just rebooted a working system The laptop does not boot anymore and the Dell logo is not shown however the diagnostic battery led blinks times white and times amber According to the error table that I found here http www dell com support article uk en ukdhs SLN EN to Present nbsp that means System Board BIOS ROM Failure and the suggested next steps are Flash BIOS to latest revision If problem persists contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting Did anyone had a similar experience How can I re-flash the BIOS from a non-booting machine I found some tricks for the Dell XPS extracting HDR and ROM files from bios executable Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. and plugging a USB drive but they do not seem to apply to this laptop UPDATE I found http www dell com support article uk en ukdhs SLN en nbsp but I m still unable to recover the computer I keep getting the blinking pattern even after I put the latest BIOS renamed to BIOS IMG rcv into a newly formatted FAT USB stick GB I also tried with different USB sticks and both USB ports Any help is really appreciated Best regards alessioc

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996971
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 37.41%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I posted this in other tech support forums nobody seems to be able to help me there Decided to try out this forum Off, Computer Randomly (Sound Now Can't Doesn't Bleep Work) Computer Shut All of the info is Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work) here http www techsupportforum com forums f computer-randomly-shut-off-now-sound-doesnt-work- html post To sum it up my laptop randomly shut off one day as if the battery was removed and the sound stopped working when I started it back up Someone said it overheated The fan was faulty worked kinda so I thought that might have been true got it replaced Computer shut off again in the same way about a week and a half or so later but was only warm to the touch -- it's been much warmer before without shutting off Anyways since it shut off the first time the sound stopped working and the drivers for it have had yellow flags and the following message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code Any attempt to Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work) delete and re-install the drivers has been unsuccessful so far Any help in solving Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work) this issue would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer Randomly Shut Off, Now Computer Can't Bleep (Sound Doesn't Work)

Faulty fan...shutoffs from overheating...my personal opinion is that the system could have resulted in motherboard damage.

What did the person who replaced the fan...have to say about all this, subsequent to fan replacement?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587278/computer-randomly-shut-off-now-computer-cant-bleep-sound-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I have a problem where my microphone do
doesnt actually work what it does when i try to talk anywhere ,such as a game or skype, is that it will playback all of my computer audio(Ex if im talking to someone on skype they will hear themselves instead of me) ive tried many things such as getting a sound card and messing around in the audio device setting in windows 10 but nothing seems to fix it. I am slowly losing hope. I am pretty sure this is a software problem but i cant seem to put my finger on what it is.
My computer specs:
Case:
Phantom 530
Motherboard:
MSI Gaming 5 z97
CPU:
I5-4790k
Ram:
16 Gigs of Kingston HyperX Fury Ram
Storage:
240 Gig Sandisk SSD
Generic 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drive:
Generic (Rarely Use It)
-Peroxide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-mic-doesnt-work-bought-sound-card-still-doesnt-work.1166213/
Relevancy 36.55%

Will these Computer parts work together to make a great gaming computer graphics card XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support make together computer? Computer a great these work to Will parts gaming Video Card processor AMD Phenom II X Deneb GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor motherboard MSI XT-G AM AM AM AMD X ATX AMD Motherboard RAM Mushkin Will these Computer parts work together to make a great gaming computer? Enhanced Blackline GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CD drive MSI X DVD-ROM X CD-ROM SATA Model DH- D S case Broadway Com Corp R- Black thick Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case power supply SILVERSTONE OP W ATX V amp EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply hard drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive im getting all these parts from newegg com will they work together my friend seems to think so but i just want to be sure i am spending like bucks on this thing also am i missing anything besides keyboard moniter ect any help would be appritiated thx nbsp

A:Will these Computer parts work together to make a great gaming computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-computer-parts-work-together-to-make-a-great-gaming-computer.929627/