Windows Support Forum

Using one network card to view office DVR

Q: Using one network card to view office DVR

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Using one network card to view office DVR

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 55.9%

Many friends complaint the ribbon of office 2007 too hard to use, I almost recommend them Classic Menu for Office 2007, for this deserves your try. Not only brings back the classic view, but also remain the new office menus and the ribbon.
If you are experience the same problem, except this office add-in, do you have any way?

A:Office 2007 switch office 2003 classic view

Hi Julie,
Welcome to the forum,
What I can't make out from post. Is this a question or are you informing?
It's the way you phrase your request that does not really reflect what you want or need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-switch-office-2003-classic-view.1016569/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm hearing complaints from a couple of people that their MS Word 2007 tool bars are so different they are disliking the program very much. I have tried to find a way to make those tool bars look more like the ones in Office 2003 or 2000 but no luck.

Is there a fix for this?

Relevancy 52.46%

Dear all - ok I am a forum virgin so go easy on me. We have a 10 pc'c 6 of which run XP Pro two of which run Win7 and two run Win 8.1. I have set us all up as a workgroup with homegroup disabled on the two win8 pc's. I have set profiles on the win7 and win8 all to have shared file on, discover devices on and in the advanced sharing set up all setting are share file on/password off etc. All is fine except one of the win8 pc's simply will not show any of the other pc's within the workgroup other than the other win8 pc. I have trudged and trudged to see if I can find a solution without success. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

A:unable to view xp computers in network view on 8.1 pc

Have you tried setting up a different user profile on the Windows 8 machine with the problem?

Try setting up a standard account on the problem machine then see if can see the other machines. This will tell if you the current user profile is corrupted.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45562-unable-view-xp-computers-network-view-8-1-pc.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi,

in a web browser, if u right click on a picture, it gives u the option to view its properties (its location, filename, etc..); how do you do it in in excel or word? in word and excel 2003, when i rightclick on an embedded object (let's say picture), right clicking gives me the option to format , hyperlink, blah blah, but it doesnt give me the option to view its properties like in ie or opera

please help

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-properties-in-ms-office-apps.366765/
Relevancy 48.16%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 48.16%

Help! I'm looking for a network tool to monitor network users, sort of an MRTG, that will graph bandwidth use (packets in, packets out) for each client machine. However, I also want to see where the packets are coming and going. The tool I'm looking for should allow me to retrieve the logs or graphs remotely.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

A:Network Monitoring Tool to view how clients use the network

try Ethereal
http://www.ethereal.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-monitoring-tool-to-view-how-clients-use-the-network.30401/
Relevancy 47.73%

In my MS Office Calendar Monthly view, it shows 6 weeks total. I'd like to reduce this to 5 weeks if possible in order to show more appointments in a day. I've already decreased the font size which added another line each day for an additional appointment. I'd rather not use the upside down triangles to view appointments scrolling off the daily list, but to just view all of them over a 5-week, or even 4 week period in a monthly type format. Right now at 6 weeks showing, it's limited at showing only 4 appointments per day without hitting the triangle. I'd like to increase this to 6 or 7 per day.

A:MS Office Calendar Monthly View adjustments

Any Outlook experts out there who can answer? Title should say "MS Outlook" instead of "MS Office".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-calendar-monthly-view-adjustments.1023620/
Relevancy 47.73%

The layout and interface in office has been consistent since practically the first version. That is until 2007 when they suddenly decided to change everything.

Is there anyway to get a more conventional interface in 2007? Because I'll just stop using it entirely and go back to 2003 if it isn't fixable. I looked through the options but I couldn't find anything.

A:Changing the view in Office 2007 to something less obnoxious

http://www.addintools.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-the-view-in-office-2007-to-something-less-obnoxious.91498/
Relevancy 47.3%

When opening e-mail attachments from the internet Office prefers to open them in a Protected Mode This will usually open them in a limited read-only sandbox mode You are then given the option to Windows 8.1 Protected 2010, View Office Hang, Enable Editing if you d like to work on the document On my Windows PC these documents open properly in Protected View Hang, Office 2010, Windows 8.1 the aforementioned Protected Mode and allows me to then enable document editing if I do so desire On my Windows PC Office will hang at the Opening in Protected Mode splash screen Looking at different articles around the internet this is a quasi-known problem with Office and Windows Some workarounds that I ve looked into include disabling the Protected Mode all together or unblocking the file in question via the Properties panel of an Explorer window I m not too keen on disabling Protected Mode and unblocking every file will become cumbersome Does anyone know if there was a specific Microsoft KB article addressing this issue Perhaps an update or something Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I know it is starter, but I still believe there is a view option somewhere -at least I hope-!

A:Where is the view option in Microsoft Office Starter 2010?

I am afraid the answer is no. Office Starter is feature-limited product.
That's why there is Purchase button on Home tab.

What feature from that menu you wanted to use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/217680-where-view-option-microsoft-office-starter-2010-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I used to have an icon on the toolbar that, when clciked, would show me multiple pages and you could select 2x2, 2x4, or such and sizes, and could see a 30 page doc in a preview type window where you could clink on the small doc and review it as well. It looked like a four paned icon...where is that and how do I get it back???

I just notice it was missing today and cannot find it under any of the toolbar options??

A:Word (Office) 2000 Multiple page view

>> I used to have an icon on the toolbar ...

Do you mean on the Print Preview toolbar? (Word has many toolbars).

Try View -- Toolbars -- Customise. In the Customise dialog, with the Toolbars tab uppermost, select "Print Preview" in the list of tbs and click Reset.

If this doesn't fix it, there should be a small dropdown at the right end of the Print Preview tb, the "More Buttons" button. Click this, then hover over "Add or Remove Buttons". You can then check those buttons you wish to display.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-office-2000-multiple-page-view.295002/
Relevancy 47.3%

My nana computer do not have Microsoft Office and my mum send my nana a email containing .laccdb file ext and we need to view it without Microsoft Access. I've tried Microsoft Snapshot viewer for Microsoft Access but it dont work.

Any Recommend?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I apologize in advance that is this is not a technical question but rather an informational one But I like this community and trust the answers provided here so this is where I thought best to turn to We have a small office and we are all connected via Wi-Fi I was helping my boss wife adjust her Windows update settings and I saw something on her computer that referenced my computer This was awhile ago but I saw quot Christopher-pc quot I think it was listed as one of the devices on our little network here in the office I m not actively purposefully sharing any drives folders on our network but could there be something I am overlooking This is my work personal computer and I don t want anyone to be able to view contents of my computer We re not actively small on office my computers LAN Solved: other computer? our Can access/view running any type of admin software here so that s not a worry This is a small office in a corner of Africa with minimal technology This is basically identical to using a Wi-Fi router in your home and the family sharing the internet connection Are there specific settings I should check in my computer to make sure that my machine can t be accessed Firewall settings are managed by my McAfee subscription and Solved: Can other computers on our small office LAN access/view my computer? I m conservative when allowing exceptions I m just not sure why my computer Christopher-pc was visible on her machine Thanks guys and if there is Solved: Can other computers on our small office LAN access/view my computer? a more appropriate place to ask questions of this nature non-technical issue please feel free to point me in that direction Best Chris nbsp

A:Solved: Can other computers on our small office LAN access/view my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-other-computers-on-our-small-office-lan-access-view-my-computer.935839/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a T-mobile dash running windows mobile 6.0 and have all my emails sent to it. When I receive them on my phone, I cannot receive them in outlook 2007. I have no problems when I do it on outlook 2003 and I have the settings on my phone to leave the message on the server. Oh, and hotmail will not display that there is a new message on my today page...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-wont-download-emails-after-it-is-view-on-mobile-device.655159/
Relevancy 46.87%

After a recent install of Office 2003 I noticed that the thumbnail view for most image files doesn't work anymore. Is there something that can be changed without admistrator privliges to correct this???

Kurt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thumbnail-view-doesnt-work-after-office-2003-install.298601/
Relevancy 46.01%

Here is the deal I am running Windows XP SP on my home tower custom built The tower is hardwired to a Linksys WRT GS Solved: office ready not Network printer home network will to connect router The tower does not have a wireless NIC There are a few other computers that access this small network at various Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network times The router is using WPA-PSK encryption Wireless MAC address connectivity is enabled I bought an HP NW Laserjet printer and tried connecting it to the wireless network using the enclosed getting started guide I initially tried connecting it in ad hoc mode because I believe this is what I should use in my home office No dice Nothing was recognized The only printing success I got was when I hooked an Ethernet cable directly to the router After unplugging the cable I had no luck printing wirelessly even though I tried also configuring the installation for infrastructure mode where the printer was recognized but still would not print once the cable was removed I have taken the printer s MAC address and added it as a trusted endpoint in both my router s configuration table and in my firewall Norton Internet Security However that has also not helped Some advice I have read is making sure QoS is disabled on the router and also making sure that the SSID and pass key for the printer match that of the router It should be easy to make these changes to the printer but I cannot access the embedded web server in this printer to make these changes Also one source said to make sure the printer is on the same subnet as the router I only have one subnet in my network and that is the xx xx range of addresses that I use for two of my laptops with wireless NICs and a third Dell tower with a Linksys wireless NIC Any ideas on what else I can try I am pretty much out of ideas Thanks Elizabeth K nbsp

A:Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-ready-printer-will-not-connect-to-home-office-network.581074/
Relevancy 44.29%

Wouldn't you know it, I finally get a new work laptop w/WIFI and I can't connect to my home wireless router. My personal laptop is working fine. Thus, my question is as follows: On my personal, I can go to my wireless networks; go to the properties of my network and see that it is set for WEP and can see that there is a network key. My problem is I know I wrote this down somewhere when I set up my network, but I can't find it. Is there anyway to "see" the characters that make up the key instead of just the *** . When I try to enter what I think the key is, I get a popup telling me to enter exactly 5 or 10 character, etc. The key I am seeing is 8. Thanks for any help.

A:Is there a way to view WEP network key?

You cannot *see* the key, that is the point of the security feature. You can reset the router and put in a new key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-there-a-way-to-view-wep-network-key-95055.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I am running an 8 pc network (all on windows 7 with 4 on pro and the other 3 are home versions)

I have a file/media server running windows 7. I just upgraded from Windows Home Server to Windows 7 professional

I have set the workgroup name to the same on all pc's

I used to be able to browse the network from my computer and be able to see the server and all the other pc's.

I can no longer see the server in the network view. I can access the server by typing //server in the explorer but it still does not appear when I attempt to browse my network neighbourhood.

How can I get it to appear in the network view I am stuck as I have not had this issue before.

Hope my explantion makes sense

Relevancy 44.29%

First of all I m not too great with computers so please bare with me Recently I have found out that there are websites that hackers use which list common default addresses or network keys for wireless Can I View My Key? Network routers so I am a little concerned about this as there has been an Can I View My Network Key? increase in wireless networks available within my area of late The problem is I m unsure wether I m still using Can I View My Network Key? the default network key if there is such a thing or Can I View My Network Key? wether it was changed when we my brother owned it at the time bought the laptop Is there a way I can view the network key password After viewing various websites it seems that most people suggest you should just change the key in this situation but trying to do so is a little confusing for me and I don t want to risk ending up with no internet connection at all if I do something wrong I d much rather find out the key if I can help it as it may already be personalized Any help would be greatly appreciated P S I m using Windows XP and my wireless network shows up as WLAN WPA If this helps nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, thanks for looking at this post. I manage a small company network where the MS Access database is accessed from several PCs on the Network. I'm curious on people's thoughts on the best way to avoid any downtime or issues on the files held. Any suggestions welcome.

A:Network Backup for Small Office Network

Perhaps have the database installed on all of the PC's and synchronised with the main PC where the main PC synchronises and holds the parent database.
I have this set up at home where my main PC has all the base information and every change within that PC is synchronised across to my other units so that in the event of any failure the latest info is on every unit.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-backup-small-office-network-4605284/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm at a computer camp and I'm wondering why one of their computers that I'm using for class won't appear on the network in the network browser but can view other computers and their reasources and surf the internet fine, it's running XP Pro and I'm a limited user. Can someone please tell me why this may be happening and ways I could possibly resolve this issue?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-can-view-others-on-network-but-it-wont-appear.253366/
Relevancy 43.86%

First let me say this view cam network. of outside Cant security from is my first post on Cant view security cam from outside of network. this site I am familiar with forums so I will try to be as descriptive as possible I have a Westell Versalink Model W router connecting two desktops via CAT to the internet provided by Ver z n DSL as well as two HTC pocket pc s via wi-fi I recently decided to monitor my home using my webcam and am using a great program called Remote Touch http t remotetouch blogspot com I am using the latest Beta but the problem is persistent with all versions of the app My server is on one of the desktops call it Mutt network name Since I am new to the whole DNS thing I followed the instructions and am using no-ip free I have read all the port forwarding faqs and although I have worked with my router before it doesnt appear to be helping me now I am completely lost According to canyouseeme org port is open after i used the no-ip redirect What am i doing wrong some specs server pc is vista ultimate sp pocket pc is Windows Mobile nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

in another location from my desktop that is only using my wired network, or do they both have to have wireless? I say this cause under those conditions i noticed that with my net book next to my desktop i am able to share files with one being wired and the other being wireless.

A:Can I view my net book network

Wired vs wireless doesn't have anything to do with file sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-view-my-net-book-network.1034617/
Relevancy 43.86%

Under WinXP my dial up connection works fine but when I go to "Network Connections" and highlight "Dial-up" and then right click "Properties" nothing happens. There is also no response when I click on "Change settings of this connection" under Network Tasks on the left. I've had problems with this icon before. Previously I couldn't right click "Connect" to start up my dial up connection. That problem has mysteriously dissappeared. The "Lan or High-Speed Internet" icon used to say Firewalled if the WinXP Firewall was up now it just reads Local Area Connection with the padlock graphic displayed. Why can't I access "Properties" for my "Dial-up" connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-network-connections.159538/
Relevancy 43.86%

i have another pc on my network which uses windows 2000, and on that you go on my network places, and then i can navigate to the files on this pc i am on now.

the pc i am on now has windows xp i, well i dont think there is a my network places in xp (i couldnt find on on desktop or control panel). so how do i access files which are set to shared on the other pc?

Edit:

well i found my network places in the start menu, but there is no icon to my bro's pc? anyone help me in making it??

A:how do i view files on other pc's my network in xp?

There are a couple ways to get to it...actually I can think of like 3.

First you can right click desktop and go to properties. Act like you are going to change the background image, but instead there should be a button that says "customize desktop". It will allow you to add/remove icons from your desktop, like "My Computer" "Network Places" "My Documents" etc... then you would go to network places to view your network.

You could also right click and customize your startmenu so that it will show up in there.

I know there are other ways, but I am at work and can't remember the exact procedure. That first way should be pretty easy to follow, and you seem fairly good with computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-view-files-on-other-pcs-my-network-in-xp-45246.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I dont know if its a virus but when i start my pc i network view connections Cannot cannot see the network status icon which looks like a monitor in the system tray which i could see earlier i also have not chosen to hide this icon also when i open network connections my pc just hangs ie the mouse pointer turns into an hourglass as a result im not able to connect to the internet iv scanned my pc with malwarebytes spybot superantispyware and they all found some files which were removed but the problem still persists also my antivirus avast doesnt seem to function properly ie when i click on the launcher exe it saya it cannot find a certain mfc dll file and asks me to reinstall the av this was not the case before the problem thats described above Also when i tried to run hijackthis it started off well and then got stuck in the O analysis so i had to run hjt in safe mode Below is the hjt log and iv also attached mbam and superantispyware logs in case u might need to see them Thanks hjtlog Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe modeRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO IE Pro - -E - DF-A - FCD B BF - C Cannot view network connections Program Files IEPro iepro dllO - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Iminent LinkToContent - A E BAAF- CD- - B- AF A D F - C Program Files Iminent IMBooster Iminent LinkToContent dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run avast service GUI component C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Download FLV video content with IDM - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEGetVL htmO - Extra context menu item Download with IDM - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEExt htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button IE Pro Grab and Drag - a - fe- f -b -f c ca f a - C Program Files IEPro iepro dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem IE Pro Grab and Drag - a - fe- f -b -f c ca f a - C Program Files IEPro iepro dllO - Extra button IE Pro Preferences - F-A - f - C - F CBBF C D - C Program Files IEPro iepro dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem IE Pro Preferences - F-A - f - C - F CBBF C D - C Program Files IEPro iepro dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra button HP Smart Select - DDE - C - c - - F B AA - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C WINDOWS system shdocvw dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A... Read more

A:Cannot view network connections

Ok, i guess i fixed it, the problem was with the antivirus, so i uninstalled avast and installed avg now and now it seems fine. i can view the network connections now but iv noticed that the connection icons in the system tray dont appear immediately after start up, it takes around five minutes for them to appear and i cant even dial my connection during that time, does anybody know whats going on?plz reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274827/cannot-view-network-connections/
Relevancy 43.86%

i have windows 10, and using an hp laptop.there are 3 networks and i can only see #1 and 3. i can't find or see the #2 network. but my phone can see #2 network and other laptop can see it too.at this point im sure it is not related to the router as you can see others are able to connect or find that #2 network. hwoever my laptop can't. now what to do to fix this? I already tried uninstalling my driver and reinstalling it. also it is up to date. no option for roll back. what to do? help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-view-a-wifi-network-but-others-can/td-p/5847986
Relevancy 43.86%

Helping a friend last night we ran into a bizarre issue when attempting to get the complete network view The initial view was just fine Client system router Internet Connection but the full view for all devices fails The link points to this A message is displayed saying that an error occurred during the mapping process This Problem view 7 network Win with can occur Problem with Win 7 network view for the following reasons A computer or device on the network restarted during the Problem with Win 7 network view mapping process To fix this problem wait for the computer or device to finish starting up and then refresh the network map by clicking the Refresh button Picture of the Refresh button Your computer is connected to a wireless network and the wireless signal quality is poor or intermittent To fix this problem move your computer closer to the wireless router or access point A device on the network such as a hub or switch is not working properly or is not compatible with the Link Layer Topology Discovery LLTD protocol which Windows uses to create the map To fix this problem disable the device turn it off or remove it from your network Responses from other devices on the network are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network If responses are delayed try waiting a few minutes and then refreshing the network map by clicking the Refresh button Picture of the Refresh button If a router is incompatible try disabling the router turning it off or removing it from your network I strongly assert do not apply leaving or What the heck The router is new Netgear and runs great Anyone have a list of quot incompatible routers quot edit btw there are two win systems and one XP Sp which has LLTP installed and enabled Also Print File sharing is active on a common Workgroup Win network is a Home Location which controls the firewall edit nbsp

A:Problem with Win 7 network view

Just discovered this information and the user has the Comodo Firewall.

If you're using another firewall, you must open these ports yourself so that your computer can find other computers and devices that have files or printers that you want to share.

To find other computers running Windows Vista or Windows 7, open these ports:

* UDP 3702
* UDP 5355
* TCP 5357
* TCP 5358

To find other computers running earlier versions of Windows, and to use file and printer sharing on any version of Windows, open these ports:

* UDP 137
* UDP 138
* TCP 139
* TCP 445
* UDP 5355

To find network devices, open these ports:

* UDP 1900
* TCP 2869
* UDP 3702
* UDP 5355
* TCP 5357
* TCP 5358

To make HomeGroup work correctly between computers running Windows 7, open these ports:

* UDP 137
* UDP 138
* TCP 139
* TCP 445
* UDP 1900
* TCP 2869
* UDP 3540
* TCP 3587
* UDP 3702
* UDP 5355
* TCP 5357
* TCP 5358

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-win-7-network-view.171908/
Relevancy 43.86%

Good afternoon everyone!

I am having another problem with viewing devices on my network. Everyone is in a workgroup, I am able to ping the devices, but I cannot see them in my network. The network discovery is turned on, the password protected sharing is turned off.

I am running windows 7 HP. The pc is connected through an ethernet cable to a switch as the others are. I have NO antivirus program on this machine(will get that later).

Any other information, just ask!

Thanks,
Sarah

A:Cannot view pcs or devices on network

Quote: Originally Posted by ITGIRL

Good afternoon everyone!

I am having another problem with viewing devices on my network. Everyone is in a workgroup, I am able to ping the devices, but I cannot see them in my network. The network discovery is turned on, the password protected sharing is turned off.

I am running windows 7 HP. The pc is connected through an ethernet cable to a switch as the others are. I have NO antivirus program on this machine(will get that later).

Any other information, just ask!

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah

Where fo the machines get dns? how is the switch configured? Since you can ping its not connectivity. no firewall on the win 7 machine as well

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45706-cannot-view-pcs-devices-network.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello.. I'm want to share a folder in the network, but when i tried to open it in the Windows XP it asking for password and i don't know what is the password. Please help!!

A:Need password to view network

Try your W7 logon id and password (if you are on XP trying to view W7 folder).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189575-need-password-view-network.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I finally got windows all setup on this computer but I cannot view my other computer through the network I was trying to setup a homegroup but it's not recognized So I decided that sharing files and folders was enough for me but I can't view either computer from the other To make this next part a bit easier to read I will call the computers compA and compB Whats really confusing me is I can view computers on different network I took both computers and connected to another network where I was able to view the computer on that network which is running vista The vista computer was able to view and communicate with both compA and compB compA and compB could obviously view and communicate with the vista computer but could not see each other I started thinking that it was a router issue but I checked other view network Cannot computers on everything I could think of to no avail I have also searched this forum and completed every step in this Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows HomeGroup Connection Issues Still no joy I don't know if this helps but I have an Xbox on the network as well The Xbox can use files videos and music from compA but cannot see compB Maybe this indicates a problem with compB Can anyone think of something that I missing BTW both compA and compB are running Win bit

A:Cannot view other computers on network

I Feel like I'm taking a Microsoft cert with this question LOL .

Make sure that both computer A and Computer B have Client for Microsoft Netwroks & File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks.
Click Start orb, type in ncpa.cpl Press Enter.

Navigate to your current connection and Right click and choose properties.

Verify that Client for Microsoft Netwroks & File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. have checkmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274979-cannot-view-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop (Dell 600m, Window XP) can't detect wireless network suddenly. On the lower right hand corner, there's an "X" on the wireless network icon. I've tried "view the available network", "repair" by right clicking the icon but it did not go anywhere. I also checked the "wireless switch" (Fn+F2) and device manager->network adapter->Intel PRO 2200BG wireless connector, both seems to be fine. So, any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 43.86%

I just installed a new linksys wireless router adn now when I right click and hit status on the network system tray icon the status screen quickly flashes on and off the screen. Same thing happens if I try through My Network Places. I am running XP MCE. Could someone give me a hand with this? Thanks

A:Can't view network staus

Did the linksys wireless adapter install a manager on your machine? I think that the disk included always installs it's own manager. This will take over the Windows wireless manager. If that is your issue, you can go to linksys's website and download the driver only and let windows manage your wireless connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-network-staus.465839/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi

i have windows 7 on both machines, where i am so far away from my router i have an alfa wirless adapter hooked in to it and i bridged the conections with my lan and hooked up a new router, everything works fine like the internet but when i try and view files on the network i cant see the computers hooked on the new network and they cant see me eather. help

A:cant view other computers on network

So both your machines connect to the same router or you are using one computer as a relay to your router by having 2 networks on it, if so are these both wireless or is one wired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198587-cant-view-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everybody.....I am kind of new to the whole network scene. Anyways I have a desktop in my living room and a laptop that I use that is on the same network as my desktop. I wanted to know the best way to just look at all the files from my desktop using my laptop. Is there a better way to just share each folder of my desktop? Thank you.

A:How To View Your Files On The Network

You can right click on the C drive and go to properties then sharing tab. Click on the underlined text that tells you its dangerous, then set it up. Normally you won't want to allow full access, only read only.

You can password protect it too which might be how you should do it if you want full access to the whole drive rather than read only.

What you might need to do initially is run the network setup wizard individually on both computers, choosing the same WORKGROUP for each. (at the end of the wizard it asks if you want to make a disk to run on other computers, if xp is on both don't do that, just run the wizard on both).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-view-your-files-on-the-network.58245/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm sure this is an easy answer, I'm just tired of trying to find it on my own.

In XP, Network Neighborhood when I view entire network it shows all my workstations with the name of the person and the computer name in parentheses.

Like this: FirstName LastName (Computer Name)

I like the way 2000 and NT did it with the computer name only and if I held my mouse over the icon, I'd get the name of the person.

It comes up in computer name order but having all the user's names listed it just distracting. Anyone know how to change this setting? I tired classic view but that didn't work.

Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

how can i view my pictures in dcim? i inserted my sd card and went to dcim but the files cant be viewed, i double click a file and this pops up (the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorret.). I dont recall doing anything wrong with my sd card this is the first time that has happened. i tried opening it with another program but i still cant view my pictures. Also when i go to my computer and chose removable disk it shows that the sd has used up memory, so the pictures are still there i just cant open them up idk what to do.
please help me thank you

A:windows 7 (view my dcim in sd card)

and welcome to the Forum

Can you see the photos with the card in the camera? Will it work in another PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-view-my-dcim-in-sd-card-610565.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just upgraded to Windows Enterprise having had used XP for years In addition I have an tb server networked with a large collection of movies With XP I made each folder a thumbnail db file so that each folder containing the movie would have a picture of the movie cover My HTPC is still running XP and of course can view the thumbnails view network Can't from drive (.db) thumbnails just fine With Windows I have tried everything Basically i can't get it to show the Can't view thumbnails (.db) from network drive thumbnail db file Can't view thumbnails (.db) from network drive which is contained inside each movie folder I have changed the folder options to quot always show icons never thumbnails quot so that it will show thumbnails I have changed the local group policy editor to make sure that windows has the proper settings There is even an option to quot turn off the display of thumbnails and only display icons on network folders quot This is disabled Basically I just want to look and feel of XP with flat folders previewing db files that are contained within each folder Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Can't view thumbnails (.db) from network drive

Hi djdrock and welcome to the Forum
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it may help!
How To Open & View Thumbs.db (Thumbnail Database) File In Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/109446-cant-view-thumbnails-db-network-drive.html
Relevancy 43.43%

In the "Connect to a network" dialog box the default view is to show "All" available connections.

Is there a registry setting or other variable which can be changed so that the default view is "Wireless" only?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/275250-connect-network-default-view.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all!

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out this problem I'm having.

I have 3 machines.

1: Win 7, 32bit
2. Win 7, 64bit
3. Ubuntu 11.04

My Ubuntu machine is visible and accessible on the network via computer #1 just fine, but I cannot view the Ubuntu machine on computer #2.

I can see my other Win7 32bit machine on the network.

All workgroups are the same and network discovery and filing sharing are all on.

Any suggestions?

Mark

A:Cannot view Ubuntu machine on network

I've had problems getting linux seen, but you should be good if it's seen on one 7 box. I would start by opening a Start/Run/cmd window in each 7 box and inputting ipconfig /all >%userprofile%\desktop\ip.txt, then comparing the two sets of settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190574-cannot-view-ubuntu-machine-network.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a wireless network connecting my PC (winxp) using D-Link ADSL2+ router to my Laptop (winxp). The actual network is fine, I am able to access files on both machines from each other, BUT on the laptop I am able to download my emails but am NOT able to view any Websites. Is this some stupid setting I have not altered, am I being really thick?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you.

Relevancy 43.43%

I want to view all computers in my network. If I click "view workgroup computers", I can view only computers in my workgroup. There are more computers with different workgroup name in the network. I would like to view them as well. Is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-view-computers-in-different-workgroup-in-the-same-network.979397/
Relevancy 43.43%

Well,i only can view only Win98 computers.all w2k computers gone and also linux pc.but when i search for them, i can found it.Plzz help me

A:i cannot view computer in my network neighbourhood

right click on network neighborhood icon and select properties > click add button > protocol > microsoft > NETBEUI > add restart PC... or make sure configured the network settings correctly like your ip address, subnet mask and default gateway...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-view-computer-in-my-network-neighbourhood.288446/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello There,

Earlier I discovered that if my external hard drive USB wire gets disconnected from my hard drive, and I insert it back in, my laptop will not reload the files from the external hard drive and will appear empty.

Is there anyway to 'refresh' the contents of the drive after i have re-inserted the wire back in automatically, instead of having to restart the main computer hard drive?

Thanks

A:Unable to view network place

sound like you're not using Safe Remove -- the little GREEN Check Mark in the system tray.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-view-network-place.98746/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all..

Good morning..

here i hav a small problem..

i have a network printer connected to an XP system..
the printer software is installed only in this system and was used by all the users in the network..

it was working fine for last 4 months..

now suddenly its stops working..

when i checked the network.. i cant see this XP computer frm other computers..

now when i searched for other computers from this XP computer in My Network Places, nothing is visible other than current system..

but when i tried to ping other computers, its working..
also when i run \\computername from run also working..
when i typed the command net view in cmd, it shows only the current system.

pls help me to solve this..

thanks in advance..

A:Cannot view computers in My Network Places

Hello,

Do you know when this problem occured? You could try using System Restore to try restoring to a date before the problem occured..

Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-view-computers-in-my-network-places-518239.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am running two vista machines on a wired home network using a netgear router with a cable connection and a Motorola cable modem. I have always been able to share files from both computers and view from either CPU. Recently I am not able to see files on one of the cpu?s. I can see the network but unable to view. The network map shows both cpu?s and their ip numbers. I get the message, windows cannot access \\XXXX-PC. Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click diagnose. When I click diagnose it says there is no problem. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Cannot view home network folder

Quote:

Originally Posted by CometFan

I am running two vista machines on a wired home network using a netgear router with a cable connection and a Motorola cable modem. I have always been able to share files from both computers and view from either CPU. Recently I am not able to see files on one of the cpu?s. I can see the network but unable to view. The network map shows both cpu?s and their ip numbers. I get the message, windows cannot access \\XXXX-PC. Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click diagnose. When I click diagnose it says there is no problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Could someone please help me with this. I have tried everything I know to fix this problem to no avail. Please help me!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-view-home-network-folder-309452.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I cant view network computers via wireless in windows xp.

its my work computer and i need to connect to the printer is anybody can help me asap i would gladly appreciate it...thank you in advanced...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\bodyshop2>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bodyshop2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : launchmodem.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-3F-D8-C9-4A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless-B Notebook Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-06-6A-C8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:16:37 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:16:37 AM

Relevancy 43.43%

Dear All I have stumbled on a strange issue on my home in network view foreign computers pc The short story is I can see other computers in my network view which is not suppose to be there ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting It looks like this on imageshack Only one of these pc's is mine Before you jump to conclusions i want to share what I did so far i'm an IT professional coder and has been so for years System Windows Ultimate bit MS security essentials is running - nothing comes up I cant ping foreign computers in network view these other pc's nslookup cant resolve them Clicking them produces an error The network path was not found Windows Firewall is on I tried Sysinternals tcpview - nothing suspicious going on - no connections to the names Only mac adresses i know is connected to my router I cant see any of these quot pc-ghosts quot in attached devices Wireless security is quot on quot I have as far as I know never been connected to these computers Tried purging arp cahce Tried nbtstat -R Tried changing home network name Any ideas how to find out what is going on Where does explorer get this information from to display a network icon Googling this quot phenomenon quot show many people have had are having this experience but in no forums I have seen a solution All the best Bike Skeeto

A:foreign computers in network view

Could you post a screen shot of the window you are seeing these ghost PCs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156399-foreign-computers-network-view.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Im trying to transfer some files from one pc to another one is on vista and the other is on windows seven and i dont know how to view a map of my network i useually do it in vista by going to the network and sharing center then clicking on the pc that has the files on theam and dragging the files i want to transfer to my desktop.

A:how do i transfer files within my network or view it

Start> Computer> Network(on the left)>Then under computers, will be the detected computers on the network. Open the one you want to transfer files to and put it into their shared docs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69665-how-do-i-transfer-files-within-my-network-view.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HP Pavilion dv - mx Entertainment Notebook PC C Users Manager gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Johnae-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - -BB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected connect but is Wirless in view will network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wirless network is in view but will connect Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E- - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - A- -D -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E F B E- EE- D - A- A E span br span style color black A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B E-E D- - C A- B span br span style color black A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C nbsp

A:Wirless network is in view but will connect

can we see an xirrus screen shot
what firewall do you have or ever had on the PC - like norton, mcafee

looks like you have a good connection via the LAN - is that correct
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

EDIT
Oh ok - so they are in the word document - its easier if you post directly into a reply

so the adapter is working - what happens when you try to connect ?

lets see the status of the services
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a seperate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

if you have any issues. A log file called FSS.txt will be created in the same directory as the program is run from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirless-network-is-in-view-but-will-connect.1044968/
Relevancy 43.43%

When opening the 'Connect to a network' dialog box the default view is to show 'All' networks.

Does anyone know if there is a registry setting or some other variable that can be changed so that the default view is to show just the 'Wireless' netorks available?

Running Vista Business, SP1.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274881-connect-network-default-view.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Can anyone help me Please I had try everything I can but still Can't view My computers Places others in Network not working - Windows Firewall is disabled - I can ping the other computers IP addresses but I Can't view others computers in My Network Places cannot ping their names - Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP is on now as well - Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults type netsh int ip reset reset log - Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults type netsh winsock reset catalog Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered Can't view others computers in My Network Places HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered ADMINISTRATOR lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Documents and Settings Administrator gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- - Can't view others computers in My Network Places D- E-EB- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C - A- -CA-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

We have in host webserver that hosts several website, Outside our network i can view each and everyone of them just fine. However inside our network I can't view any of them. I'm able to ping each site by both ip and by name. I just can't displayed them. I've loked into the DNS and everything seems fine there. We tried hard coding the sites into our host files but we still can't pull them up. My team and I are running out of ideas... If you have any suggestions please let me know.. Thank you

A:Can't view our inhouse website on our network

You need to add an A record on your local DNS servers to point to your LAN ip address for www.yourwebsite.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-our-inhouse-website-on-our-network.1026325/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, this question is for a friend of mine at work. She has 2 different computers at her home.One is a Desktop that has Vista and the other is a Laptop that has Win-7. They are both on a router and the Laptop is wireless.

She said originally someone had it setup to where if she was on the desktop, she could see the drives on the laptop and visa-versa but not she unable to do this. She dis say there are 3 different profiles setup on them, one for her, her daughter and her husband.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great...thanks so much...

A:How to view drives on 2 different computers on same network?

What changed? Did she reinstall or change workgroups, etc?

To find computers on the network, network discovery must be turned ON. To access files, etc you must select what files and or folders you want to share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-drives-on-2-different-computers-on-same-network.1050061/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, recently i have been wondering if it was possible to view/send files on our other pc's through our network. We're all connected to a d-link g604t modem/router via an ethernet connection.

Would it be possible to connect to each other's pc's or does the router just give us each an internet connection?

Any help/advice appreciated thanks.

Also if you need any more information don't hesitate to ask

A:Send/view files over network

it is possible, provided that there is a share on each system and everyone is on the same workgroup.

If you mean connect as in be able to work on other peoples computers, then you'd need remote desktop enabled on all the systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/send-view-files-over-network.85776/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there I recently contacted the company that makes the Network Attached Storage device Cannot the device computers network NAS my view other or on I have synology DS but they were unable to assist me with my issue as quoted quot I would love to provide help with this issue but our support policy we cannot offer such support since we only support our NAS devices only Your issues falls into category of issues with windows quot So the issue with my network is this nbsp I have a barebones PC Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network running on windows and Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network a Network Attached storage device both of which are Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network connected to one another via ehternet and also to my router directly via ethernet I also have an Asus laptop and a Macbook pro which are all connected via wireless nbsp Before we moved house recently the network was working fine and I was able to view all computers from all computers on the network - This includes being able to view the NAS from my windows computer barebones Now that I moved I am not able to view any computers on the network However just this evening I completed a fix by clicking the box quot Enable NetBIOS Over TCP IP nbsp quot and I nbsp can now view the other computers on the network - but I still can't see my NAS device which is troubling The following items have either been checked or tried gt Network discovery is turned on gt I turned off the firewall and restarted the PC barebones - no fix gt Synology mentioned it may have something to do with DNS - not really sure where to start with those settings gt I am successfully connected to my network and have internet access on all computers gt I can access my NAS via wifi online server but this will not do I need to beable to see it as a networked drive Thanks in advance for your support regarding this matter nbsp Tony

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579f708f-b0f4-496d-9316-f10ebbf70d03/cannot-view-other-computers-or-my-nas-device-on-the-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 43.43%

I Have Installed EZ View TV Tunner Card But After Starting "WinTVR stoped working " message appears and programme shuts down can any one tell me solution this problem as I think Driver are not supported in w7

A:EZ view TV tunner Card Drivers for Windows 7

Drivers: Mercury-pc.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/116594-ez-view-tv-tunner-card-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43%

My Network Places list is inaccurate When I go to Network Places I see PC's that are no longer on my network and I don't see other pc's that are connected I am using WinXP Home If I vew Network Places from one of the other WinXP pc's I get a different views See network places Den and network places Elyse pics attached Network Places from one of the other WinXP pc's is different than the first two The Den View [SOLVED] Places Network Wrong PC is wired the Elyse PC is wireless and the rd PC is wired If I view the workgroup pc's [SOLVED] Network Places View Wrong all are shown correctly If I view Network Places from a Vista PC the view is correct I see the correct pc's and the folders are correct if I select a PC to view My network is comprised of a AirLink Wireless router with of the pc's directly connected to it I also have a Netgear FS port switch with pc's connected to it and it is connected to the AirLink Two of the pc's are wireless One is WinXP Elyse attached and the other is Vista This appears to be a WinXP issue I would appreciate any insight on this anomaly For what it is worth I rebooted the pc's before I took these screen shots Regards Chuck

A:[SOLVED] Network Places View Wrong

My Network Places is basically a Recent Documents folder, but for network locations. It does not show a current view of your network, it a list of places you have opened or saved a document to in the past, so it can show places from networks/PCs you are no longer connected too, or that no longer exist.
Shortcuts are usually created only when you open or save a file using a UNC path (\\Server\Share\Filename) unless you've set a policy to prevent their creation.
So it won't show the same locations that you see on other PCs unless you've actually opened or saved a file from those same locations using a UNC path. If you map a drive to a share, shortcuts are not created for that location.

See the NoRecentDocsNetHood entry in this KB article (about 1/2 way down):
Policy settings for the Start menu in Windows XP

You can delete the ones you no longer want, they are not automatically deleted.
You can add one using the Add a network place link on the left.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-network-places-view-wrong-477163.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi All
I have 5 PCs connected to a switch in a workgroup mode, all PCs can ping each other & can access each other by \\computer name\share drive, but, only 2of the PCs can see all the PCs under my network, the rest can see only 3 out of 5 PCs.

Is there any restriction on the number of the viewed PCs under my network?

What is going wrong, restricting me ti view only limited number of PCs?

3 PCs are win7 Ultimate
2 PCs are win7 Pro

One Ultimate PC can see all PCs under my network & one pro PC can see all the PCs. The rest can only see. 3 PCs.

So my issue is not in connectivity, the issue is the view of all pcs under my network.

Thanks in advance.

A:Win7 workgroup network view issue

😔ur assistant plzzzzz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248464-win7-workgroup-network-view-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

I m going to try to include as much info as I won't Can network wireless view connect but laptop can but please bare with me as I m struggling with all of this and am utterly frustrated after weeks of trying to figure out what s going on Basically I have a Gateway laptop it s about yrs old has had some issues in the past and is now operating on a bootleg copies of Windows tablet XP I have been connecting Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect to the wireless router that is set up in our house but there were some connectivity issues recently and my mother reinstalled Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect it and set up the network all over again Now I cannot connect with my laptop The network will show up as available to connect and when I click on it it asks for the WEP key which my mother set and I type it in and nothing happens It doesn t give me an error message that I typed Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect in the wrong key The box simply goes away and I stay unconnected Nothing on my laptop was changed in anyway from when it was connecting to when it wasn t There is another Newer Dell Laptop in the house and that can connect to the wireless network and work without issue I m at a total loss as to what I should do and its becoming quite a sore topic in our house Please Help if you can The router is a belkin router if that helps at all nbsp

A:Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect

no help with pirated versions of windows here

closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-view-wireless-network-but-laptop-wont-connect.948772/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys,
I am trying to log into my wireless network at home and when I try to view wireless networks I get a box that tells me I do not have sufficient privileges to access or change them.

Its XP, IBM Thinkpad laptop..

A:Cannot View Wireless Network on Laptop? Error

Are you running as an administrator? If yes, reply back to me with more detail. If no, log on as an administrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-wireless-network-on-laptop-error.710051/
Relevancy 43%

I can't get a vista PC to view web pages on a wireless network. It is connecting OK via a Netgear USB adapter with updated Vista drivers and Netgear software but when I try to reach a page I get "page not found"

I have noticed in the IE address bar it is trying to reach a long garbled URL beginning with autoredirectaol%"*%&)$

ISP is AOL.

Could it be wanting to to sign into AOL first?

Norton Internet Security is also installed could this be blocking something?

Still getting to grips with Vista so any help would be appreciated

Ian

A:can't get a vista PC to view web pages on a wireless network

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Also...

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Go to Start and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Go to Start and type in "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Go to Start and type in regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-a-vista-pc-to-view-web-pages-on-a-wireless-network.656826/
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I currently cannot get access to the internet on my dekstop. I've checked my network adapter and it says it is enabled but when I go to 'manage wireless networks' it tells me that wireless is not currently enabled. I don't really understand how it can be enabled and not enabled at the same time

I have re-set my modem and router and I can successfully pick up the internet on my laptop, it's just the desktop I'm having this problem with.
please help

A:network adapter is enabled but cannot view available networks

Hi Desertia,

Please share the make/model of the 'network adapter' that you are using. Is it a 'USB adapter'? Also check 'Device Manager' (Control Panel > Device Manager); expand 'Network Adapters' category to check for the presence of the 'Adapter'. Check if it has a 'question mark/exclamation mark' besides it.

Also share a screenshot of 'Manage Wireless Networks' page which claims that the 'Adapter' is disabled. You may also try to temporarily 'disable/remove' the 'anti-virus software' to see if that matters.

Do reply with the information; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277923-network-adapter-enabled-but-cannot-view-available-networks.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi there, I have 1 laptop and 1 Desktop PC connected to my wireless network, using a adapter for the desktop. I cannot see my desktop for example if i go to "network" on my laptop. the only computer there is my laptop, but not my desktop. I have enabled sharing etc...and tried going to the individual folders and enabling them for sharing. No luck. Would appreciate any help at all.

Relevancy 43%

Hey guys well I'm trying to set up the best network possible.... I use the Linksys WRTG. And I have 2 wired computers, and 2 wireless computers. But everyonce in a while I have problems, and don't know what to do... or how to fix them. Right now I can see the folder for my other wired connection, but I can't access it and I can't see the computer in the "View networked computers", so I guess that folder is there just because windows has seen it before, but not now.

I'm thinking about just restarting my network again, anyone have a good guide or anyhting?

Relevancy 43%

Somebody PLEASE tell me how to remove the WJ view error upon startup in Windows XP home edition...

A:WJ View error, could not access network location

WJ View is "Adware" that assists advertisers in displaying their ads on your PC.

Download AdAware from Lavasoft, or try Spybot from http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

That should remove the offending application (naturally assuming you don't want to actually have ads forced on your PC)

Be careful downloading and installing any applications (apart from the above) as anything free comes at a cost ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wj-view-error-could-not-access-network-location.172514/
Relevancy 43%

Hi
I am using Exel 2010 - when I save my workbook on the server for the rest of the team to look at, my changes do not show up in their version. However, when I pull up the workbook on my system - all my changes are there. Also, I cannot see their changes eventhough we are all using the "same" workbook name.....

Help please.

A:Cannot Save Excel file for others to view on Network

What if you put your file on SkyDrive for all to share, or change permissions as you see fit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/210323-cannot-save-excel-file-others-view-network.html
Relevancy 43%

Had the same network of about 40 computers for several years. Suddenly this week, trying to view workgroup computers via My Network Places is unstable. Sometimes it will show half the computers, sometimes just one or two, sometimes it says my network is not available. I might not have permission...No more connections can be made to this remote computer.

I've been googling for a couple days now and I can't find anything that works.

I can ping all the computers.
All computers can access the internet.
All computers cannot see the whole network anymore. Last week, it was fine. I didn't make any changes.

I did update all computers via Microsoft Update during the last two weeks.

My workaround is to type \\computername and I can get to everyone, but I want resolution...closure. I want the network to work again like last week!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks,
Lisa

Relevancy 43%

Greetings,
i'm having an HP laptop with windows 7 installed on it, but cannot view available wireless network. under network and settings i can see the wireless network card, which means the wireless drivers has been installed. but can't view my wireless network but other computers are viewing my wireless network.

Please i need your help.
Thanks

A:WIN 7, laptop unable to view available wireless network

What model is the HP?
Make and model of the wireless card?
Is it showing any wireless networks, just not yours?
Is the wireless card turned on? i.e., Wireless indicator light is on.
Has the card been disabled? No Wireless icon in task bar, shows disabled status in Network and Setings or Properties.
Have you checked Device Manager, Network Adapters to see if any problem indicators show?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-laptop-unable-to-view-available-wireless-network.1076693/
Relevancy 43%

I have done a search already on this topic but none of the suggestions in those threads helped with my issue First off I have a small office network going on at my firm We have workstations all computers network to Unable Solved: view with the same specs running Windows Solved: Unable to view network computers XP Professional Service Pack We are using a D-Link DIR- router Two machines connect via wireless using n usb adapters and the third machine connects via CAT We have a NAS drive and a Dell Multifunction printer connected to the network as well I am able to set up file and printer sharing on the network as long as I map each device using pcname sharename I am able to ping each device from all of the computers I have disabled all firewalls on all of the machines using windows firewall and McAfee My issue is I am unable to view any of the workgroup computers I get an access error stating that my workgroup is not accessible etc I am trying to implement Acronis to do back ups of each of the workstations using my machine as the administrative machine I can use our Anyplace Control software to access all the computers but unable to access the machines via My Network Places Any help you can provide would be tremendous Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 43%

I have a problem with my employees, sometimes during free hours or at working hours i can't check then what are they doing in there pc's, this my major problem during working hours, i need application where they can't notice that i'm viewing them thru my computer thru network access.. Please help me where can i find and download for free and use it
for free. thank you

A:Application to spy or view the status of my employee thru network

If you are running a terminal server environment. This is normally dependant on the size of your company. you can just remote desktop (RDP) and see what they are doing. you could instead use teamviewer and set it up on all of your employees pc's install "for the instant customer" on their pc's and have it run in the background and on your pc install the full version. set for personal use. so that they dont know it is running at startup you can always go to taskbar and startmenu properties (right click go to properties on the start bar and then tick hide inactive icons and customise to hide teamviewer. You can also control their pc's this way.
TeamViewer Download

Or you could install a proxy on the server that I assume you would have and then you can see every site that they visit on the network - look at installing squid 3 in a virtual machine environment. - only took me a few days to figure out (its in linux so you need some know how)

http://www.vistax64.com/software/263086-application-spy-view-status-my-employee-thru-network.html
Relevancy 43%

How Do I View My Video Cards Memory And Prosessor Speed.

A:How Do I View My Video Card Memory and Prossesor Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by Jackkeeley

How Do I View My Video Cards Memory And Prosessor Speed.

Here's a good application for that:

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/97925-how-do-i-view-my-video-card-memory-prossesor-speed.html
Relevancy 43%

My I drive is reading: not accessible incorrect function. Please help

A:SD memory card not reading, usually open I drive to view

See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sd-memory-card-not-reading-usually-open-i-drive-to-view.180903/
Relevancy 43%

I have a sandisk and Dazzle SD memory card reader for this PC. Neither of them will show or allow me to assign them drive letters. In windows Management i can see the sevice (i hardware devices too), shows the size of the SD card but when i goto format or assign a drive letter i get i need to enabled the volume by restarting. I have done that many times over and i cannot get it to work.

My main pc reads both readers and memory cards fine so i know they both work. I have also transfered files on them to confirm they work.
Any ideas?

windows pro fully updated
Kaspersky firewall/anti virus

A:USB SD Memory Card -- Cannot view or assign drive letter for it

I would unplug the USB header from your card reader to your MB, then go into device manager and uninstall all the USB controllers and reboot. After Windows has reloaded the USB drivers I would shut down, replug the header into the Mother board then reboot and see if it can identify it that way?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-sd-memory-card-cannot-view-or-assign-drive-letter-for-it.584517/
Relevancy 43%

When I insert a memory card from a camera and try to open one of the jpegs, I am told I do not have permission to view the files. I was told this is a software issue. I have an administrator account on my laptop so I should be able to view all files. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

A:Don't have permission to view files on camera memory card

http://www.howto-connect.com/windows-10-configure-user-permissions-for-files-folders/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19669938
Relevancy 43%

Purchased this card on eBay and it came without documentation or instructions. It seems that my notebook computer is recognizing it, but how do I view the smart media card contents?

Have an Epson photo printer (connected to my desktop) has a PCMCIA slot too, but it does NOT recognize the card.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:PCMCIA smart media adapter card---how to view???

Well if you can't just go to explore and read it I would assume it needs software, ours does(usb). Can you post the make and model number, somebody should be able to find it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcmcia-smart-media-adapter-card-how-to-view.49039/
Relevancy 42.57%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network and Network Panel: Control Windows 8.1 Dev View Computer as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Windows 8.1 Control Panel: View Network Computer and Dev

See your other post, I suspect this is an Amazon Kindle.
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579738/windows-81-control-panel-view-network-computer-and-dev/
Relevancy 42.57%

i wiped my laptop and now the View wireless network icon is gone. any ideas how i could get it back because now i cannot connect to the internet

A:View Wireless network icon is gone after a wipe on my laptop

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same issue. Your other thread is located here. http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108...op-388788.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/view-wireless-network-icon-is-gone-after-a-wipe-on-my-laptop-388784.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My computer is stable and error free except for the following quirky annoyance When I open the network window the usual default settings make it look like the st attached picture That's expected but quite often I ll open it Network Windows Window by 7 Changing View keep Themselves!! Settings up and it will instead look like the nd attached picture which is undesired and unexpected Sometimes the navigation pain will also disappear No problem I just go into the view settings and organize button and fix things up The problem is that it doesn t last long before the settings get messed up again I m not doing anything that I m aware of to change the settings but it happens a few times a week all by itself I also notice a similar change of settings with the uninstall a program window and the uninstall an update window Again the settings can be corrected but what I can t figure out is why or what is Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!! changing them to the non-standard Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!! appearance and how I can keep these settings the way I last left them Is there a fix Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!! for this quirky annoyance

A:Windows 7 Network Window View Settings keep Changing by Themselves!!

Try this.

Folder View Settings - Reset All to Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308425-windows-7-network-window-view-settings-keep-changing-themselves.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I used to think I had a networking problem browsing the shared Public folder (or any other shared folder) of one Vista machine from another Vista machine but i've discovered that I can't browse the shared Public folder (or any other shared folder) of a Vista machine from it's own Network view (Network\Computer Name\Public). Explorer won't browse and it crashes. I can see the shared folder (Public or otherwise) easily enough, it's just impossible to browse it.

I have no problem browsing the Public folder on a Vista machine if I start at it's own Computer view (Computer\C:\Users\Public), but impossible from it's own Network view (Network\Computer Name\Public).

Note I'm trying to browse the Public folder on the same machine not from a different machine, and Windows Explorer crashes. Both of my Vista machines behave the same way.

I need help please.

A:Can't browse shared folder (eg Public) from Network view

Hi go to control panel open "network and sharing centre" under network click on "customize" set it to Private. Then expand "public folder sharing" and check "turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files". Make sure you have configured the windows firewall if you have it running as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-browse-shared-folder-eg-public-from-network-view-293676.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 42.57%

Currently I have two issues I'm attempting to resolve Why cannot my three laptops access the shared drives on my desktop When I open Windows Explorer and click on Network issue share view Network be they from drive same the & diff sys,should on my four PC Network view from diff sys,should they be the same & drive share issue should the view on each system be very similar mine are not I've searched for solutions tried numerous things too many to remember and so far I don't have a solution I'm open for suggestions Following is a rather lengthy explanation hopefully I've included enough details but if not please ask I have four PCs in my network all have Win x Pro S is my desktop with a clean install of Win x Pro but I still have quite a way to go with this effort It also has drives that I share to the other systems more on this issue later Following is the disk management view Lenovo - this is my wife's laptop it only has one HD with several small partitions created by various windows upgrades one GB partition for the OS one GB partition for data and one partition for the original window install and the Lenovo recover this partition I should delete in that I will never be going back to the factory image Following is the disk management view Win x Pro is the OS and it was upgraded from Win which was upgraded from Win I think this was a clean install I'm not sure what OS was originally installed on this laptopW - this is my laptop it is a OLD Lenovo ThinkPad W I don't recall what OS was originally installed but I went through the upgrade path Win I think this was a clean install Win and now Win x Pro It has a SSD a HD two locally attached USB drives -eSATA attached drive and currently one network drive this is from my Desktop AKA S or at least this is what Disk Management shows Following is the disk management view Sony - this is a VERY old laptop that originally has WinXP installed I clean installed Win clean installed Win upgraded to Win and then upgraded to Win x Pro It has only one HD that has three partitions One is the Window recovery partition one is the OS and the rd is for data This system is to be used to monitor my Solar installation Following is the disk management view From the desktop I've shared out with full permissions no ID required on S from the other systems all of the HDs except for the boot drive Thus the laptops should be able to access any of the shared drives with full permissions However this is NOT the case and I cannot determine what is the problem I've gone to each laptop Lenovo Sony W and attempted to access all of the drives but on two of the systems I cannot following are more details Lenovo - from this system I can access all of the S drives From the Sony laptop I cannot access five of the drives highlighted in red in the following image From the W laptop I cannot access the same five drive that the Sony cannot If I go to each of the four systems and open Windows Explorer gt Network I expect to see basically the same view but I don't see the following images S Lenovo Sony W

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36846-network-view-diff-sys-should-they-same-drive-share-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I came back to my computer tonight and realised it had restarted so i logged in and this error box came up msmsge exe bad image The application DLL C windows system credui dll is connections' & lost 'view network error credui.dll not a valid windows image Please check credui.dll error & lost 'view network connections' this agains your installation diskette The only thing i saw wrong with the comp so far is that i can't find my internet connections thing down the bottom right at the taskbar i cant view for other internet connections in the area either however the internet does still work Also my avg free virus has dissappeared so i reinstalled it but when i try to scan or fix problems an error keeps coming up i did a registry scan using RegCure and it came up with errors and i 'repaired' them all restarted and the same thing happened I've ran windows updates and installed all the new updates and now when i restart the credui dll error doesnt pop up at startup but its coming up when i try to open windows live mail program then it also says quot Windows live mail could not be started because msmail dll could not be loaded quot I have run the malicious virus checker and fixed one thing I have also ran a couple conflicker virus fixers but they came up with nothing found i've also tried to run hijackthis and this error came up quot For some reason your system denied write access to the hotsts file if any hijacked domains are in this file HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this If that happens you need to edit the file yourself to do this click Start Run and type notepad c windows system drivers etc hosts and press Enter find the lines hijack this reports and delete them Save the file as 'hosts' with quoets and reboot quot then i click ok and the another box pops up and says quot Error details An unexpected error has occurred at procedure modMain CheckOther Item Error - Path File access error quot then i click ok and hijackthis continues to scan This is the DSS pseudo scan log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Aaron Green at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Outdated AV AVG Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated FW BitDefender Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files D-Link D-Link Wireless G DWA- AirGCFG exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files dvd dvd tray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files D-Link D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility DWLGTI EXE C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Settings Aaron Green Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com o amp l dis BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program f... Read more

A:credui.dll error & lost 'view network connections'

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216346/creduidll-error-lost-view-network-connections/
Relevancy 42.57%

Usually I use the arp -a command to view all computers connected to the LAN network, however sometime the arp -a can't miss to discover 1 or 2 computer but the rest of group of computers is discoverable by arp -a.
Is there anyway to view all LAN network computers with built-in tools from windows OS?

A:How to view all computers connected to LAN network without 3rd party software?

Apart from the command that you are using, the only other way that you will be able to see all devices on your LAN is if you are in the same workgroup as the devices and if they have something that can be accessed by you (Share). To view all available shares go to command prompt and type the following command exactly:

Code:
net view
This should bring up a list of devices that can be accessed by your machine.

A similar viewing can be seen in networking and sharing center

Note
I am currently using Windows 7 however please be assured that the steps are the same

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300613-how-view-all-computers-connected-lan-network-without-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have found the answer to my question. Someone please declare this "Resolved."

A:Task View when My Network Places folder is accesed

I meant to reply earlier...must have forgotten while attending to a spam post...but there is only one window on my systems.

There is the typically list of submenus to the left but that's not really a different pane, just a series of shortcuts for users in XP related to networking.

Anyway...glad you found the answer, happy computing .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361863/task-view-when-my-network-places-folder-is-accesed/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was able to print, and then.....

If I try to view workgroup from My Network Places, it beeps.
If I view Sharing and security, and try to share c:
I get an error message an error occurred while trying to share c:. The server service is not started. The shared resource was not created.

I can see all the computers on the network with Norton, but cannot setup Network printers.....

A:Unable to view workgroup or setup network printing

sharing root folder (C:\) is bad idea, for security risk, just share specific folders

start the server service to see if that fixes your problem
start > run > type services.msc
go down list to server open (double click) then click start service, make sure it should be set to startup type: automatic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-view-workgroup-or-setup-network-printing.848121/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone,
hope you can help me out here:

We have a domain and a website with the same name. The website is hosted on speakeasy web host. Recently, we had speakeasy install an SSL to make the website secure. Here is the problem: since the SSL certificate was installed, i can't view my secure website (for e.g by typing: https://www.mywebsitename.com) within my internal network, but everyone from outside can see it with no problem. I've tested the secure website from home, and that's why i am sure it works. The website works fine without https, even within my internal network. I called speakeasy, but the tech guy said that they didn't deal with helping people troubleshoot technical problem, since every thing works fine outside of my network.

Thanks a lot for reading this and helping me out here. I really appreciate it!

Kev.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have two systems Win Pro x Desktop amp Win XP Pro Laptop in a Home Network connected via cable through my DSL router both systems connect to the internet directly through the router I created a Workgroup and ran the Network ID wizard on both machines Both system have the correct workgroup name and I checked the Win system to ensure other systems have access without password requirement When I view the Network in Win Windows Explorer I see both the PCs and their shared folders When I view My Network Places in Win XP I see the Win folder I added However when I click on that folder to view the subfolders I get an error indicating Win folder is not accessible You might not have permission to sue this network resource I think I checked the permissions and they are all Two Laptop PC can't Desktop files - Network view Home on correct or the same as the Win XP system I have ensure the folders are shared but I don't a way to get a good confirmation that the system has implemented my request What should I check to resolve the access to the Win folders from the Win XP system Thanks in advance for your assistance Regards

A:Two PC Home Network - Laptop can't view files on Desktop

try Installing teamviewer,on both machines. This program Is free. works very well for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305726-two-pc-home-network-laptop-cant-view-files-desktop.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,
this is my second post on this subject but im editing the title slightly ...

im in need of a command or program that'll allow me to view devices on my network that my windows 7 pc can see also ?

im basically having issues using 'wireless sync' via iTunes.

I have a main router where the internet comes in .. virgin broadband...

...and then a Belkin access point attached to the Virgin Router using one of the ports via lan ...

then all my wireless devices in the house are connected to the Belkin AP, not the Virgin router.

when i connect the devices to the virgin router wirelessly, my pc can see them ... all good !

but when i connect them to the Bel..AP, itunes doesnt see them

so im just wanting to see if my pc windows 7, actually sees devices connected wirelessly to the Bel..AP ...

many thanks in advance ...
stuart

A:a program or command to view devices connected to network ?

Hi stuart,
the windows task Mgr shows you.
on screenshot
connected is my virgin/wireless(belkin usbN)
disconnected my printer

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284140-program-command-view-devices-connected-network.html