Windows Support Forum

One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Q: One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows 7 as my primary OS via wireless on my laptop, and I have a server pc setup and wired to my router which is running DD-WRT.

In my router config I see both computers but I can't see either on my network, and I haven't the slightest clue why. Could anyone out there help me?

A:Win7 Wireless PC Doesnt See Wired XP on Network

Ok, I tried to ping from my Win7 PC to the xp pc via cmd prompt and it said destination host is unreachable.... I really need to get this server up and running. Anyone have any ideas? They both are on the same workgroup, etc... and I disable ipv6 on my network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3123-win7-wireless-pc-doesnt-see-wired-xp-network.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey there I recently upgraded my motherboard CPU and memory and since then I am only able to connect working [SOLVED] network) not (Unidentified Wired Win7 connection in to the internet using my wireless connection Before the upgrade I was able to connect using my wired connection without a problem I've also added an old ethernet card to see if that can connect but it doesn't Both wired connections hang on quot Identifying quot for like one minute before settling on quot Unidentified network quot I've tried disabling enabling the adapters resetting modem and router updating router firmware uninstalling reinstalling updating adapter drivers Ran out of ideas There's another Win computer Home -bit wired to the router that can connect just fine so I'm not sure what the deal is Not sure if you need my system info or not but here it is anyway Win Pro -bit ASUS M A TD EVO AMD Phenom II X T G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB DDR PC EVGA Geforce GTX Antec TruePower Quattro W If I was unclear about anything or you [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network) need more info let me know Thanks for the help

A:[SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

eeek, I dont know sounds

what is you're isp I think maybe you would have to talk to them about it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wired-connection-not-working-in-win7-unidentified-network-543506.html
Relevancy 64.5%

First time post I'm on the verge of giving up working this out on my own Kindly let me know if I've failed to follow any forum decorum or done the basic checks on my in tethered), all & & Win7 Ubuntu? but in No wired (wifi internet work own or anything thanks I'm on Win Home Premium but dual-boot into Ubuntu most of the time Decided to try and upgrade to Win so boot into Win after months of not having been there and I have Windows Update do its thing On one of the reboots the internet stops working Here are the things I've tried and various combinations of them Restarted a lot Wireless Wired Tethered from phone wifi on two different phones Tethered from phone data on two different phones Uninstalled the NIC driver downloaded from manufacturer's website and reinstalled Uninstalling the Windows Updates System Restore but for some reason all my restore points don't work Restarted my router Restarted my modem Called my ISP and checked that nothing looked wrong Thing is all of the above wired wireless tethering all ways works in Ubuntu That probably suggests this is not a hardware issue Network and Sharing Center keeps suggesting that I am connected to the internet with every method of connecting that I have listed above but I can neither access any websites nor ping them I still can go to my router configuration page Attached is my ipconfig Please let me know what other things I should do to diagnose and solve my internet problem Thank you so so much for all your help I freaking want Win now No internet in Win7 (wifi & wired & tethered), but all work in Ubuntu? more than ever with all this happening

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381139-no-internet-win7-wifi-wired-tethered-but-all-work-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This is weird, but if my Win 7 computer is on and connected to the router (wired), then neither my Toshiba laptop (also running Win 7) nor an iPod will reconnect after sleep.

After reading through this forum, I tried disabling the Homegroup on both Win 7 computers, but it didn't help. Even tried disabling the IPv6 on the network adapters.

I've also made sure power remains on to the wireless adapter even when computer is asleep. And updated all my drivers, etc.

The only thing that helps is turning off the wired Win 7 computer. Obviously not a permanent solution!

Help appreciated.

The laptop is also showing a Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

A:Laptop won't reconnect after sleep if wired Win7 computer is on

Unfortunately this is an issue shared by many, as always try a BIOS update first and let us know if that clears up your problem!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199635-laptop-wont-reconnect-after-sleep-if-wired-win7-computer.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I am new to this forum I need some help configuring a network for a future hotspot plan Pardon my verbose as my exact situation needs a lot of description and some explanation Internet W 4G hotspot network mode to Help second serving Internet wired with Solved: I plan to get a Samsung SCH-LC via USCellular for Internet service for both my daily on-site use of my computer and at home for gaming etc Presently we have Wildblue ViaSat satellite Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode Internet connected to a D-Link DGL- Gigabit Ethernet LAN modem Unfortunately satellite Internet has a lot of quot lag quot ping time near ms so it can not be used for multiplayer gaming and there is always a second or more delay when we click on stuff in web browsers Some particular web sites take an excruciating amount of time to load a page especially https and all those sites that require access to multiple sites in order to load and it is getting worse as the pages get more complicated Whats more when I upload things to my company website that I administrate myself it is also excruciatingly slow as our upload speed is much less than download We have a plan that allows for GB mo download and we currently are at used Big files download pretty fast getting almost KB sec but uploads are lt KB sec The US Cellular hotspot offers and GB mo download limits and is the max affordable for me overages are nearly the same price GB anyway It uses the Samsung SCH-LC unit I have network printers a Tivo continuously wired computers one Asus Zenbook W wi-fi that I hook up to the Ethernet when home a NAS for company data backup NOT a Windows Home Server and one quot tablet that currently uses a D-Link DIR- router g n u hooked up to the LAN Ethernet too And of course the satellite Internet modem All these run through the D-Link DGL- and a couple of multi-port dumb switches The question is can I hook up the Samsung SCH-LC behind an Ethernet firewall router my D-Link DGL- along W the Satellite modem so both will supply the Internet connection one at a time I have no problem with turning one or the other off so that only one will supply Internet The thing is I am not sure how to set up a wi-fi receiver behind the D-Link DGL- firewall to supply the entire LAN The D-Link DIR- router is set up to serve as an Internet connection for wilreless not to receive one via wireless to serve the LAN I am not adverse to setting up one computer as an Internet server for it perhaps adding a network card for a second Ethernet port but I just don t know if that s the best plan The topology would change when I didn t have the Samsung hotspot meaning at that point the system would have to get the Internet from the satellite modem If I set up one of my computers to do that then said couputer would have to have the Internet connections manually changed in order to get the Internet from the modem PITA What s more I would have to leave said computer on to get the US Cellular hotspot Eventually I want to cancel the satellite Internet altogether I have mos left on my contract and it will cost the same if I cancel right now and what s more I am unsure if the US Cellular hotspot reception will be good enough in my exact location I am out in the boondocks but the coverage map shows my spot to be quot very good quot with quot good quot just a couple hundred yards away We have problems W trees and the wet leaves and snow in the wintertime as evident by the TV signal reception problems we cannot get cable so I need to test the reception - for many months - before relying on the US Cellular hotspot permanently I use this for my business so reliability is crucial Here is a link to the US Cellular device page http www uscellular com mobile-hotspots index html nbsp

A:Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-4g-hotspot-internet-serving-to-wired-network-w-second-internet-mode.1073971/
Relevancy 62.78%

My computer is a bit Win SP with Pentium Dual Core Ghz and Gb of Ram on a wired network My wife has a Cannot Network from Computer Wired Network Ping a on Wireless similar system using a wireless network She can ping my IP Address but I cannot ping hers We both have full access to the Internet We are using the same workgroup and both computers have file and printer sharing enabled and IPv addresses and DNS server addresses selected automatically The problem appears to be with my computer but I don t know how to solve it Please help Here are my system stats Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Cannot Ping Computer on a Wireless Network from Wired Network Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

A:Wireless Internet, Wired Network...

Quote: Originally Posted by dragotron

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

You could consider a "Virtual Private Network"?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43585-wireless-internet-wired-network.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I use two computers one with the Internet connection and the other computer connects to this computer to get its Internet connection as well The connection has been working for a couple of days and now its just messed up and the SP2) on (XP Internet wired won't work network second computer can t get its Internet access though it can connect Internet on wired network won't work (XP SP2) to the network I also don t understand why there is a lease obtained and lease expires part as well Thanks for your help -------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is the settings for the computer with the internet connection -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name k-slue d yebd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- -E - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter UK Online Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled ---------------------------------------------------------------- this is for the computer without the internet connection ---------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name r-u dvfevpcg b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - F- -F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello All,

I have a link sys router and cable modem, two separate units. I have 3 PCs plugged into the Ethernet ports. One PC says it is connected to the network but there is no Internet Gateway. The other PCs do have this. How do I get the thrid PC to be able to access the internet?

Thanks in advance

RDGM

Relevancy 61.92%

I have been through every forum I can find trying to get this one last machine of mine on the web I can see all the network machines no - but Static Internet Network IP Wired, shared folders etc but can not get on the net It is an XP pro SP It has a wired connection to the same switch the other computers that work are wired to It has a static IP address with the same gateway and DNS as the other machines It also has a good IP address that is not being used by anyone else on the network HELP I m tearing my eyes out with a small salad fork ip sub gateway the DHCP router connected to the switch DNS When I go and loook at the properties of the connection it shows Network but no Internet - Wired, Static IP packets being sent and received but still no internet I can not Ping anything but itself I know it s something small but I am in utter confusion and dismay I have tried the quot netsh winsock reset quot trick I have tried the WinsockxpFix download and even tried a different NIC but to no avail Help I will be dead from confusion soon nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

A:Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used

Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255452-win-7-cannot-detect-wired-network-pc-but-internet-can-used.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello So I am working over seas in china for the year I was able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable for the last few weeks When I first connected I internet...please wired no have Connected but I a to help network was connected to quot Network quot and everything was fine Now however whenever I plug in my ethernet cord I am only able to connect to quot Network quot When I connected to quot Network quot I do not have internet connection It says quot No Network Access quot I ran into this problem a few weeks Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help ago and was only able to fix it by doing a factory reset on my computer I really don t want to keep having to do this every Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help weeks Does anyone know what is going on I have uninstalled my anti virus and I don t think a firewall is blocking my connection I have tried connecting my ethernet cable in different locations and I get the same result I have a RealTek PCIe Family Controller LAC In my adapter settings menu this is labeled as quot Local Area Connection quot For some reason I also have a quot Local Area Connection quot This is a Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX Should I have two LACs If you need any more info please let me know Thanks a bunch

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419561/connected-to-a-wired-network-but-i-have-no-internetplease-help/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,
All wireless machines can get wireless internet access, but I cannot get the network functional for file or printer sharing. Here is how it is connected.

DSL modem ---to---Linsys WRT54GS router ---to desktop with windows 2000 (by ethernet cable).

All other machines in the house are wireless and can get full internet access no problem. However, I cannot get them networked to be able to see each other and share files, and I would like to share the printer as well. The other devices are running XP.

Any help or direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

wardriod.

A:wireless/wired - internet yes, network no go.

This should help you out or start you in the right direction: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net-update.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wired-internet-yes-network-no-go.582653/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a pc with a wireless adapter to surf on a friends wireless network. I have 2 pc at home, connected the a wired network, sharing files. Is it possible to share the wireless internet with the pc thats connected through a ethernet router to the wireless pc? I would like to do this until I get a wireless adpter for the other pc.

Relevancy 60.63%

Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?
2 computers on our network (7 computers in total) were connecting to internet with no problem until today. We are now unable to connect & have tried the various repair options. They both have different operating systems ( XP Pro & Vista Home Basic) but the same problem. All other computers are connecting fine so I don't think that it is a problem with the router. The only thing that I can think of that has changed was that I was in Network Connections & clicked on the following option at the side of the screen "Removes icons for UPnP devices located on network & closes associated firewall ports" Please help as I only have very basic knowledge and these people desparately need to get back online for work reasons!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?

Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-urgently-problem-connecting-to-internet-through-wired-network-198242.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello , I am new here and I'm also new to Vista so please bear with me. I recently installed Vista Ultimate x64 and when I tried to set-up my Home Network with Internet i bumped on a "Unidentified Network" message. The network settings and map are like this : Internet -> Broadband Modem -> PC ethernet card 1 ( IPv4 - automatically assigned by DHCP, internet connection shared ) -> PC ethernet card 2 (IPv4 - 192.168.1.1 , no gateway , same DNS as IP ) -> Switch -> My other 2 PCs at home ( IPv4 , 192.168.1.2-3, Gateway: 192.168.1.1 , DNS: 192.168.1.1 ) . This are the settings i was using prior to installing Vista when i was still running Windows XP, and they were working fine. Does anyone knows what am i doing wrong and how can i get rid of the "Unidentified Network" message? Any help would be appreciated.
Also, i am running Windows XP on my other 2 PCs.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170644-problem-setting-up-wired-home-network-internet.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Everyone Im haveing some serious issues with trying to connect my laptop to the internet Im hopeing someone would be abe to find a solution for me below is provided my ipconfig what it said when i tried ipconfig renew and when i pinged the ip address if you need me to post more information im more than happy to I bought a brand new Asus model laptop last month and have been using it perfectly with no interent issuesd at all until about a week ago when all of a sudden it stopped working when I try to connect to a network It says connected and internet access but whenever i try and access the internet through all three browsers i have through steam utorrent even mulitplayer games it just doesnt work Whether its connected wirlessly or directly with the ethernet cable ive tried my home internet neighbours universitys but they all network and wireless No both wired through laptop access to any Internet connect fine just no internet Can someone please be able to help me out also i tried the No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop winsock fix and also tried rolling back my last wireless update or whatever its called with no fix to the problem PLEASE HELP ME btw it says when im connected connected internet access which is really weird also bluetooth works fine i can connect my wireless headset and listen to music through it Also I just booted and ran Ubuntu off my USB to see No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop if its a hardware error and Ubuntu ran the internet fine was able to browse the web and everything through ubuntu so its clearly a windows problem When I performed ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dario gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F EF C- E- CC- EE-E B BAADEE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DCC - - D -BB -C CF FB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Dario gt When I performed ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel ad... Read more

A:No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Hi, can u try using IP fix!!! if doesn't working try to disable your firewall.

and restart your computer!!! if still not working that's mean something wrong with your OS!!!

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-through-both-wired-and-wireless-to-any-network-laptop.165147/
Relevancy 60.63%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

So I have two internet connections.

The wireless is one I share with my roommates and is fast. The wired NIC connects to a router which has slower internet. The reason I connect to the wired router is so my PC can talk to a linux machine, which I use for some data downloading/analysis.

I want to disable internet from the wired connection but keep the ability to talk to other machines on the wired network. I just changed the IPv4 settings and deleted the DNS server information. Is this the best way to do so? I want the wireless to provide internet.

Thanks!

A:Disable internet on wired connection but still see network computers

As long as both your wireless and ethernet adapters remain enabled, that seems like a fine solution. So does it work?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91805-disable-internet-wired-connection-but-still-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I was wondering if it's possible to connect to the internet with an iPod Touch wirelessly using a wired network. I was thinking that maybe you could plug something into the usb slot on the pc and then it could send out signals so my iPod touch could connect to the internet wirelessly. Is this possible?

Relevancy 60.2%

We have a D-link wired router. Connected are 1 desktop running Vista (+printer), 1 laptop running Vista and 1 desktop running XP. The vistas can both see everything in the network; the xp can't see anything. Tried pinging desktop vista from xp and did get reply but cannot see network. Have turned off Windows Firewall on XP. Any suggestions on how to make XP see the rest of the network gratefully received.
thank you

A:wired network missing computer

Have you tried shutting off the firewall on the vista machines?

Also make sure they are all on the same workgroup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-missing-computer.813030/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a desktop computer using Windows Vista set up with a Motorola high speed DSL modem - and a Linksys WRT N router This computer is working okay as is the wireless network I am trying to add another wired desktop running Windows XP but neither computer detects the other I have connected it to the router and checked the cable to ensure that it is good I checked the IP address of the computer running XP and it is outside the IP range set by the router I tried to make it obtain an IP address but it couldn t DHCP is enabled on both computers I made sure that both computers had the same workgroup name WORKGROUP I am pretty certain the solution is simple but this is the first network I have ever configured Any help would be greatly appreciated Here is my system information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines MCP PM-GM OEM Antivirus Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Adding a wired computer to a mixed network

Please show for those two PCs ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wired-computer-to-a-mixed-network.1000574/
Relevancy 59.34%

Can anyone help me network my two home computers?

One is connected to a wireless network through a router; the other is connected to the router via ethernet cable (its wireless adapter isn't working; that's a problem for another thread!)

The laptop's network has a different name from the wireless network. How can I get them on the same network without having to hardwire the first computer or buy a new wireless card for the second?

Both are running Windows 7. Should be easy but I'm stumped.

A:Home network: one wired computer, one wireless

Well, if you want both to eventually be hooked up wirelessly, then I'd suggest that we attempt to fix the other computer's "wireless issue" first. But if you don't want to do that, then here are the steps I'd suggest for now:

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
Click Set up a new connection or network.
Click Set up a new network, and then click Next.
The wizard will walk you through creating a network name and a security key. If your router will support it, the wizard will default to Wi‑Fi Protected Access (WPA or WPA2) security. We recommend that you use WPA2, if possible, because it offers better security than WPA or Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) security. With WPA2 or WPA you can also use a passphrase, so you don’t have to remember a cryptic sequence of letters and numbers.

To connect your laptop or desktop computer to your wireless network, follow these steps:
Open Connect to a Network by right-clicking the network icon ( or ) in the notification area.
In the list of networks, click the network that you want to connect to, and then click Connect.
Enter the security key. You can either type in the key or insert a USB flash drive that contains the security key into a USB port on the computer.
NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO DISCONNECT FROM YOUR CURRENT CONNECTION IN ORDER TO SET UP A NEW ONE. ONCE YOU'VE DONE THIS, THE SETUP SHOULD BE RELATIVELY STRAIGHT FORWARD.

If you have any questions or need more assistance in setting up a new wireless connection, let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-one-wired-computer-one-wireless.928623/
Relevancy 59.34%

Okay I recently purchased a new laptop and a Linksys WRT160N router to go with it, and I have my old computer wired to it via ethernet cable. My laptop, obviously, is connected via wireless network. How do I get the 2 computers to be visible to each other for if i want to use shared files, printers, etc? The laptop uses Windows Vista SP1 and the old computer uses Windows XP SP3.. So how do I put them on the same network or however, without turning the wired computer into a wireless one?

Relevancy 59.34%

I have an alienware x Last night for no reason at all my internet was gone when I came back I checked and my computer isn t even connected to the network I m wired like I said in the title I went into safe connecting My computer to would love some my :X I help (wired) network, isn't mode with networking and still My computer isn't connecting to my (wired) network, I would love some help :X couldn t connect I tried doing a recovery to when my internet was working correctly but it didn t work out I had seen someone suggest doing an ipconfig release on another website so I tried that and got a message saying quot The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation quot My laptop connects just fine to the internet so does my husbands xbox so sadly I know its my computer I m hoping somebody here will be able to maybe suggest what the issue may be It would be great if yall could shoot some suggestions on what to do about this my way If nothing else could someone tell me what exact piece of hardware could be acting up in my computer Thank yall so much ahead of time nbsp

A:My computer isn't connecting to my (wired) network, I would love some help :X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-isnt-connecting-to-my-wired-network-i-would-love-some-help-x.1102157/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 58.91%

OK so upgrading my parent s wireless They have cable wired computers one wireless laptop I put in an older Linksys flashed to Tomato but it is pretty slow compared to the newer wireless standards Going to get them a new wireless router like the one I have I have one wired one wireless same cable company for internet My laptop gets around down up my desktop around down up using SpeedOf Me to test At Computer Is Wired Setting And One Network, Slow Very Wireless Up the folks one wired computer gets very similar to mine the other wired one gets down up all Mbps The one in question has a latency of over while even my iPhone has latency So long story short Setting Up Wired And Wireless Network, One Computer Is Very Slow what usually causes such high latency Will replace the wireless router at their house Tuesday and of course test the cables but their laptop is way faster on the wireless router than the wired one is So I don t suspect an issue with the Cat Never seen upload higher than download Weird nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/setting-up-wired-and-wireless-network-one-computer-is-very-slow.308024/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently replaced my wireless router and Bellsouth computer see -cannot wireless doesn't network Wired computers on join DSL modem with a single Netgear DGN DSL modem wireless router The problem is my desktop which is wired cannot see the laptop computers that are on the network via wireless connection If I start a homegroup with one of the laptops the other laptop can join but my desktop cannot no quot join now quot option If I start a homegroup with my wired desktop neither laptop sees it However if I connect my desktop to the network using my USB wireless adapter then I can establish a Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join homegroup with either a laptop or the desktop with no problem I have checked that IPv is enabled and that all the services listed in other posts are enabled I'm fairly certain the cause is some setting in my router security but I don't see anything that would prevent my Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join desktop from linking I can also get on the internet with no problem Please help

A:Wired computer doesn't see wireless computers on network -cannot join

check your firewall settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211133-wired-computer-doesnt-see-wireless-computers-network-cannot-join.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Sky Broadband router and modem with a downstream of 40mb and an upstream of 10mb. On the downstairs computer which is directly connected to it I get the full connection. However on my upstairs computer which is connected via an Ethernet adapter (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) I am getting a conenction of 0.35mb downstream and 2 upstream, the story is the same for wireless connection (Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter).

When I connect the upstairs computer via wire which is connected to the router I get full connection.

Any help on this annoying matter would be greatly appriciated

A:Wired internet slower on two computer

if you put a pc near - 3-6ft away from the router connect by wireless and also make sure no other PC is connected to the network

what performance do you get via wireless now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-internet-slower-on-two-computer.1088258/
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer has wired connection with the router, but I want my laptop to have internet aswell. Apperantly wireless will not work with the router I have so I need to find another way to get internet connection on my laptop. I was going to connect an ethernet cable with my laptop but there is already a ethernet in my pc connected to the router. What I have: USB WLAN adapter(from old pc), a cable with at both sides a USB 2.0 port, Windows 7. The laptop and pc can make wireless connection but not with this router. What can I do to get internet on my laptop aswell? Thanks in advance.

A:Internet on Laptop by a wired computer?

Obviously connecting the laptop to the router by ethernet or getting a wireless router are the best and easiest solutions.

With what you have you also can create an ad-hoc wireless connection between the computers and then enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the ethernet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-on-laptop-by-a-wired-computer.1053198/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey
I'm in Australia and my ISP is Telstra Bigpond. I have a Telstra 2071-A modem and a Blekin N wireless router. I am using the wireless computer atm because the wired computer cannot stay connected to the internet for longer than a couple of minutes if at all. This computer has no issues at all with its connection.
No idea what this could be as I have not done much in the way of networking

A:Internet wont work on wired computer

Does the wireless computer work with a wired connection to the router? I'd like to determine if this is the computer or the router.

I'd also try booting the wired computer in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it disconnects the same way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-wont-work-on-wired-computer.812226/
Relevancy 56.76%

My ISP is Wave Broadband I run Solved: on slow computer one Internet (wired) only my coaxial cable into Wave s modem and then my ethernet cables out from there to other wired locations in the house In the upstairs wired computer i consistently get mbps download speeds but for some reason on the desktop downstairs I occassionally only get - mbps if I reboot the computer it then fixes itself and gets the blazing speeds again Even if I leave the computer idle but connected the speed eventually gets degraded back down to - mbps I never get something in between I had Wave come out and connect to that cable and they got on their laptop and when I connect Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired) my laptop I also always get so it is definitely my desktop computer Icannot figure out why a simple reboot fixes it but then it degrades obviously triggered by something We fully ran virus scans and cleanups and updated all the drivers I do not have AMD Quickstream and there is no router involved except the ISP s and we have eliminated that as a probem sinceother computers have been tested on it on various Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired) ports and all work well This was not a problem for a year until about - weeks ago It is a Solved: Internet slow on only one computer (wired) year old Dell Windows and runs great so I am a bit confused why this would happen so drastically and is always remedied temporarily by a reboot Thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I`m using an DLINK 5000B modem, with an DLINK DIR-601 wireless router, since yesterday I`ve been experiencing slow internet in the PC connected directly to the router, wired.
I`m writing this from my netbook, wich is fine, normal internet speed.

What I`ve tried:
AVG anti-virus - nothing
Reset modem & router - nothing
Changing DNS - nothing
Calling ISP - nothing
Hijackthis log analysis through hijackthis.de - nothing suspicious

Am I really infected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341042/slow-internet-in-wired-computer-but-normal-in-netbook/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi There Currently have two laptops with once internet router We have a -Port Mbps Desktop Switch TL-SF D Rather than connect directly to the router we want to connect the laptops to the switch so both laptops can be connected to the internet at the same time On one of the laptops a Toshiba T the internet works both when connected directly to the router and to the 1 Another not work Internet does Switch Via Solved: for Computer Does Wired for switch On a second laptop a Dell the internet works when connected directly to the router but not when connected to the switch We have checked both cables so something must be wrong with the Dell Any ideas The IPConfig All for the Toshiba when connected directly to the router is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name BSCNotebook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A- - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address -A -D - -AF- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA Physical Address - - A-F - -E The IPConfig All for the Toshiba when connected to the switch is Code Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another Windows IP Configuration Host Name BSCNotebook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - A- - C Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Intel R PRO PL Network Connect ion Physical Address -A -D - -AF- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA Physical Address - - A-F - -E The IPConfig All for the Dell when connected DIRECTLY to the Router is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List grandenetworks net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix grandenetworks net Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM The IPConfig All for the Dell when connected to the switch is Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dell Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Clearly there is something wrong here Any ideas Thankyou nbsp

A:Solved: Wired Internet Via Switch does not work for 1 Computer Does for Another

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-internet-via-switch-does-not-work-for-1-computer-does-for-another.1121911/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a home network that uses a DLINK DIR- router All of my devices a mix of wireless and wired except one--a windows xp SP desktop that connecting WinXPSP3 Solved: to computer Wired Internet not stopped working yesterday Some viruses and adware were detected and it has not worked since then What I have done Run AVG Ad-aware and hijackthis to clean up the machine Run netsh WINSOCK reset and netsh int ip reset to try to reset the network Checked Solved: Wired WinXPSP3 computer not connecting to Internet to make sure the wired port was working plugged one of my laptops into it and it was fine Checked the DLINK for any strange settings---no apparent issues The XP machine gets an IP address and can ping the router and other devices on my network It will not ping any public sites although once in a blue moon out of packets is accepted by google I am not forwarding the DNS on the router turned that off based on other troubleshooting sites so I have to manually enter an IP when i was forwarding it resolved the public address but could not connect Any ideas or suggestions Will provide other details if needed nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I recently installed a Belkin N1 wireless router. I have a Motorola PCX2500 cable modem. Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

When I connect the computer directly to the modem, I get onto the internet with no problems through either Firefox or IE. When I put the router between the computer and the modem, no internet, even though the connection between the router and computer is fine as I can access the router. Additionally, the wireless portion of the router works fine as I have another computer that can wirelessly access the internet through the router. When I try to access the internet wirelessly though the computer that was wired, still a no go. I've tried disabling the windows XP firewall, adding the programs to the firewall, and have no luck.

Any thoughts as this appears to be a settings problem to me but I'm at a loss of what it might be.

A:Ethernet wired computer can't access internet through routert

Additional information:

The router has the latest firmware update, which did solve some "router to modem" connection issues, but not one I was looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-wired-computer-cant-access-internet-through-routert.642835/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
I'd like to know how to block a user from using the internet when they plug their computer into a router. My roommate has refused to pay her share of the internet and, being a college student, I don't have enough money where I feel generous enough to let her have free internet after stiffing me. Basically, I have 2 routers at the moment (hoping to fix this soon): my Qwest modem works as a router but I also have a Linksys router connected to it. The only phone jack is in her room so I have no way of stopping her from plugging her computer straight into the modem and/or router. I've configured the wireless so that she would be unable to access the, wirelessly but I'd like to know how to prevent her accessing the internet when she plugs her computer directly into either component.

Thank you for your help!

A:Block Wired Computer From Accessing Internet Through Router?

Well,through the router you could enable mac address filtering and allow only your mac address to traffic through the router.It's a pain,but that is a possibility.
Now,limiting access through the modem,I have no idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/block-wired-computer-from-accessing-internet-through-router.979812/
Relevancy 56.33%

Alright, here's the deal. My house has a network of 3 computers: my mom's XP wireless laptop, my dad's XP wireless desktop, and my Vista wired desktop. Now, the problem is that from time to time, my internet will just go out. I still have the network, but no internet. (the little icon just shows the computer icon, it'd have a blue globe if it had internet and a red X over it if it was disconnected) It does this for hours at a time, randomly, maybe a once or twice every 2 weeks. Restarting, unplugging and replugging the ethernet cord doesn't fix it. Meanwhile, my parent's XP's are working just fine. Any ideas what might be causing this? Our router is a WRT54G Wireless-G by Linksys.

Relevancy 56.33%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to set up an ad-hoc, non-internet wireless network with a printer on one PC that allows others to connect, share directories and print wirelessly. I have a Linksys WRT54G that I want to use as the WAP and router to the ethernet printer or connect to the printer via USB and just use the Linksys as the WAP. Everything I read talks about hooking up to the internet; we don't want to do that. Possible? Can you walk me through the settings on the Linksys to receive clients and allow printing? Already have two main computers set up for Workgroup and the PCs share over a LAN connection, just need to take it wireless. Will be putting the Linksys on the PC with the printer and finding another solution to hook to the other PC.

(Don't think it matters, but both PCs are HP SFF Win7 Pro with on-board 1 Gigabit Ethernet)

Thanks!

CLD

A:Ad-hoc network with no internet, Win7 Pro

You should be able to connect through the wireless router, whether it's connected to a modem or not. You set it up the same as if it was connected to a modem, just skip those steps. (I did it that way with a Belkin)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387688-ad-hoc-network-no-internet-win7-pro.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a problem that I have been racking my brain over for the last few weeks.
I have 4 computers networked in my house for internet sharing. My main computer is hard wired to my router (wrt54g).
My problem is, the computer that is hard wired will lose internet connection but it will still show I am connected. I can jump on any of the other computer that are connected with a wireless connection and I can surf to my heart's content. I can reboot the problem computer and it will re-establish internet connection, but only for a little while.
Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If any additional information is needed I will be more than happy to provide it.

A:Solved: Problems with dropped internet connection on hard wired computer but not on w

Let's see the following from the computer after it loses it's connection.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-with-dropped-internet-connection-on-hard-wired-computer-but-not-on-w.806835/
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought Win7 Home Premium a while back and installed it onto my second hdd- other still has XP. I still have internet capability on XP, but not on 7 (nothing shows up on the network info). The weird thing is that when i tried the Win7 RC, everything was fine. I've tried all the usual solutions; device manager disable/enable, all-sorts of drivers for BOTH network cards (bought a new one).
Any ideas?

A:No Network Connections/ Internet Win7

Open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste the results back here, "ipconfig /all".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-network-connections-internet-win7-485568.html
Relevancy 54.61%

We have a small network in our office Our quot server quot is actually an old PC with a large hard drive Small network Wired-has other can't computers issues. internet, "see" running Windows Home Premium x It is wired to our wireless router We have computers and a plotter that are connected wirelessly to our router We limit connection to the router by mac Small network issues. Wired-has internet, can't "see" other computers address The other computers Small network issues. Wired-has internet, can't "see" other computers run various versions of Win There have been no issues until we replaced a computer with a new one running Windows Home Premium x We were able to log on to the router wirelessly but did not have access to internet or other computers plotters on the network We tried hard wiring the computer to the router and were able to gain internet but no access to other network computers I'm a little limited in my experience with network issues I've been fortunate that everything happened to work up until now What would be a good way of troubleshooting the issue What other information about our setup would help Thanks Dave

A:Small network issues. Wired-has internet, can't "see" other computers

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you already tried a Power Cycle?

If that didn't help at all, take a snap shot of the Mac Filtering page, paste it on to MS Word or Wordpad and save it, then Disable Mac filtering for now. Test your internet connectivity after. If all goes well, then you may do the Mac filtering again.

Still No-Go, proceed to update your router's firmware. You may download the firmware from the Manufacturer's site.

An udate will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206694-small-network-issues-wired-has-internet-cant-see-other-computers.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am using a wired connection on Vista Ultimate x I ve ascertained that the ethernet cord is not the culprit I have a x xp pro laptop which works fine using the wire It says quot Unidentified Network quot local only when I mouse over click "Unidentified Wired Internet Problems Network" the network tray Icon I believe this is a Wired Internet Problems "Unidentified Network" problem of ip autoconfiguration but I can t seem to turn it off I am using internet supplied on a college campus so I cannot turn off my router and modem for seconds and restart them I have already tried editing the registry at something like HKEY LOCAL MACHINE GUID I added BcastToggle and set it to for both of my ethernet plugs I only use one at a time I have included the ipconfig all from cmd for your consideration any help would be greatly appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Optimus-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B E- - -B E- CF A C br AE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A- CE - DF- B- FE A B br FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I just purchased a Win7 desktop and Win7 laptop and a router for the wireless laptop. What do I need to do to be able to see the files on the old XP computer? I hooked this computer up to the router also and am not able to see the files on the old XP. I just want to transfer some files from the old to the new, but haven't been able to find any good instructions out there. Please help! I'm afraid the old XP is about to go on me and desperately need some files off of it! Thanks!!

Relevancy 53.32%

Win Computer had issues with not starting It would start the the quot Computer Repair quot routine and run for hours Unable to - Hardware?? network Win7 Internet to Bug Unable access or access any safe mode or last configuration options Although I could re-run Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? the Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? quot Repair Computer quot option - Removed Hard drive from computer and put into an external drive and did a quot ChkDsk quot ran Malwarebytes latest update and AVG Free - Both Scans reported issues and removed them Reinstalled Hard drive and desktops appear and I am able to access programs Issue unable to access the internet Unable to Ping Unable to specify an IP address - I tried to force and IP in the IP When doing a Windows Network Diagnostic - I get a message saying the quot Diagnoistic Policy Service quot is not running - when I access the services - this service is quot Stopped quot and when I click on quot Start quot I get access denied Note sure if there is a network Card issue or a bug I did a Hijackthis log and see alot of quot Missing files quot Note this computer is out of it s own network enviroment and in my shop Not sure if this may be a quot Home Group Network issue or not as well Has McAfee - firwall is turned off Concerned Looking for advice suggestion and or directions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Wireless LAN g Pen Size Wireless USB Adapter HW V WlanCU exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Utilities tsg HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www ijji com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire m amp r m p v w n u p R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C P... Read more

A:Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware??

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with DDS and HijackThis, and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-unable-to-access-internet-bug-or-network-hardware.947880/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have no problem networking the two operating systems and sharing folders and printers (use work not home on win7). BUT, the minute I open network and/or network sharing on the windows 7 computer I lose my internetconnection on both computers and have to go through a shut down of the w7 computer and unplug the cable modem and the router and restart everything. (The modem displays an internet connection.) Time Warner Aries Modem
Belkin G router

You can't get to shared folders without going through network. If you do you have to restart everything to get back internet connection.

A:NETWORKING WIN7 WITH XP LOSING INTERNET WHEN NETWORK OPENED

Could you please follow this Tutorial then Post back with your results

Network Posting Tips

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/162384-networking-win7-xp-losing-internet-when-network-opened.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I m going to give a small amount of back story here as it may be relevant to the Connection No - Fresh Win7 Install Internet/Network current problem Yesterday I formatted my Win XP PC and tried to install Win on it of the way through the installation my PC would restart and upon loading back into windows I would receive this error message The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation There were a number of possible fixes to this problem detailed here I eventually got the installation to complete properly by removing my Sound Card and my Network Card Ok now onto the current problem As stated I have a new clean install of Windows which seems unable to connect to our BT Home Hub router I have an ethernet connection to the router lights check and cables are secure etc and also a Wireless Network Card which may or may not be in a functioning state By which I mean I have had problems with it in the past but I can t remember exactly what is wrong with it However as I did with my XP install I want to connect via the ethernet cable In the Network and Sharing Center there are no networks listed I have attempted to update the drivers for my MB and the Network Card I m not sure how successfully If I try to ping google or anywhere else it fails This could end up being a very simple issue but I m completely new to Win and skipped Vista so I don t really no where to go from here and am kind of burned out after spending hours yesterday just installing windows My PC specs Custom Built OS Windows bit MOBO ASUS M N -SLI CPU AMD Dual Core GHz Gfx Card GeForce GTS Network Card Realtek nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I'm going to give a small Fresh No Win7 Internet/Network Install - Connection amount of back story here as it may be relevant to the current problem Yesterday I formatted my Win XP PC and tried to install Win on it of the way through the installation my PC would restart and upon loading back into windows I would receive this error message Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation There were a number of possible fixes to this problem detailed here I eventually got the installation to complete properly by removing my Sound Card and my Network Card Ok now onto the current problem As stated I have a new clean install of Windows which seems unable to connect to our BT Home Hub router I have an ethernet connection to the router lights check and cables are secure etc and Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection also a Wireless Network Card which may or may not be in a functioning state By which I mean I have had problems with it in the past but I can't remember exactly what is wrong with it However as I did with my XP install I want to connect via the ethernet cable In the Network and Sharing Center there are no networks listed I have attempted to update the drivers for my MB and the Network Card neither of which seemed to do anything If I try to ping google or anywhere else it fails This could end up being a very simple issue but I'm completely new to Win and skipped Vista so I don't really no where to go from here and am kind of burned out after spending hours yesterday just installing windows My PC specs Custom Built OS Windows bit MOBO ASUS M N -SLI CPU AMD Dual Core GHz Gfx Card GeForce GTS Network Card Realtek

A:Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection

The first thing you need to do is go to device manager and check whether the network cards are detected and correctly installed. A yellow exclamation mark is a bad sign.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173963-win7-fresh-install-no-internet-network-connection.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all Have a different problem them most I have a compaq pc running Vista bit This PC has a wired connection to a wireless netgear router which not wired working Internet but working network is in turn connected to a Linksys DSL modem To the wireless router i have laptops wirelessly connected All four computers are setup on a network so file sharing and printing can be managed The PC acts as the main file server and printer server Just overnight the PC stopped connecting to the network The internet is working fine as normal but no network connection Other laptops on the network have normal internet connectivity but cannot access anything on the PC and no printing either The PC behaviour is has also become strange Task Manager will not open in a window but the green icon will sit in the system tray None of the Network options from Control Panel or quot Network quot in the start menu will work window will open but will get blank screen Performing a ipconfig release or renew will hang for about hrs before i killed it Ran AVG and Windows antivirius and antimalware Malwarebytes without a single hit Even System Restore Internet working but wired network not working from Control Panel will not open Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Internet working but wired network not working

Sounds like you have something corrupted. Let's start by resetting the stack.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-but-wired-network-not-working.927442/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi im trying to get these two PC (laptop wi-fi and PC hardwired desktop) to ad-hoc, i seem to be missing something but i dont know what, is there anybody that can teach me step by step,(im so frustrated)Please Ron

A:win7 wi-fi to winxp wired ad-hoc

I assume you are trying to do this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win7-wi-fi-to-winxp-wired-ad-hoc-378398.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I HATE modern networking with every fiber of my being. Once upon a time, networking was simple. To support huge corporate networks Microsoft has made it into a nightmare for home users.

Since I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 my wife's win7 computer can no longer use the printer on my computer. I've run down every rabbit hole I found on Google to no avail. You are my last hope. How do I fix it so she can use my printer???

NOTE: for what it's worth I can use the printer on her computer.

A:Can't share printer on my 10 with a win7 computer on the same network.

Is the printer network capable? Make/Model Requested.

Sharing is so 90's <.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55667-cant-share-printer-my-10-win7-computer-same-network.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I need to start by saying I only have a patchy knowledge of networking I have been involved in the Networking of a museum with a set of quot Show quot computers which display video and for this reason cannot have anti virus installed becuase of the performace hit and also the risk of pop-ups on the videos They do however need to be connected to the internet as some are interactive and allow people to send simple emails and they all need to allow remote support when things go wrong It seems the networking was not thought out very well initially and there is a single wireless router which serves the staff and public on a secured wireless network but wired network a wireless a secure alongside network Creating also serves the quot Show quot machines via a wired connection from one of its ports which then connects to a master switch which serves the show machines Now the wired and wireless is on the same network and everything shares the same IP subnet xxx and this is not a good situation in terms of the securuty of the show machines on the wired network So I need to work out a Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network way to totally separate the wireless network which will be very prone to people Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network opening viruses in their emails etc Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network from the wired network which will be the show machines which wont be touched by anyone I want to achieve this in the simplest and easiest way and have been reading about the possibility of setting up a second wired router behind the current wireless one with a different subnet IP address to which the quot Show quot machines could be connected The WAN port on this second router would connect to a LAN port on the wireless router and thus the show machines could get their internet but separated from the dangerous wireless network Does this sound like a sensible start Will the fact that the wired router and show machines are on a completely different subnet to the wireless router and wireless devices mean that the wired network will be protected Or do I need to do more And is this likely to work Many thanks for any advice Cheers nbsp

A:Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network

That's the standard way to protect one set of machines from another, while allowing all to use the same internet access. The reason it works is the NAT layer on the second router--it protects its LAN from the other machines the same way it protects from the big scary internet.

If you are using Windows on the "show" machines try Microsoft Security Essentials. It should not adversely impact performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-secure-wired-network-alongside-a-wireless-network.1021598/
Relevancy 52.03%

Have Belkin wireless/wired DSL router. DSL Router to a Linksys switch to my wired ethernet system (prewired in my home as being built). PC #1 (Win7 Home Premioum 32) is hard wired to switch. PC#2 is in my office where I have a Netgear wireless router that has the PC#2 (Win7 Ultimate 64) and my Canon networked laser printer attached. Setup Homegroup in both.. cannot see PC to PC or share printer.

A:Win7 Wireless and Wired issues

Quote: Originally Posted by counselingman88

Have Belkin wireless/wired DSL router. DSL Router to a Linksys switch to my wired ethernet system (prewired in my home as being built). PC #1 (Win7 Home Premioum 32) is hard wired to switch. PC#2 is in my office where I have a Netgear wireless router that has the PC#2 (Win7 Ultimate 64) and my Canon networked laser printer attached. Setup Homegroup in both.. cannot see PC to PC or share printer.

Let me see if I understand, your home is pre-wired with ethernet (very nice) It seems that you would only need the one wired/wireless router, with both PC's connected. Why are you using a switch and second router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141373-win7-wireless-wired-issues.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I changed my ISP to "Clear.com" and now one, seldom used, Win7 computer will not connect to the wireless network. I have two other desktops hardwired and two laptops on the wireless that work fine. The two laptops are in the same room as the Clear 'modem/router', while the Win7 box is not, if that matters. The Win7 box worked in that location when I was on the cable and had a separate wireless router.

The box that will not connect, does show that the wireless connection is available, and the adapter shows to be working properly in Device Manager.

Oh, and Windows Troubleshooter says it cannot fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to wireless network

Make sure that you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-wireless-network.1088587/
Relevancy 51.6%

Sate of connection red x over network tray icon Can t connect through wireless or wired connection If I try automatic troubleshooting it says it couldn t identify the problem I ve tried Googling for a while and have tried Winsock Winsock reg key deletes several netsh cmd resets uninstalled and reinstalled hardware routers through software not physically In device manager I have the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and can't to Win7 Laptop connect SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty internet. Realtek RTL SE b g n WiFi Adapter both running supposedly Initially they both had caution symbols on them but i uninstalled reinstalled and now they are clear of symbols In quot IPConfig quot the only thing that appears are VMware Network Adapters they are supposed to be there and a quot Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot - not sure what that is Something else is definitely a major problem When I open up quot System Information quot then navigate through Components gt Network gt Protocol the entire list which should Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty have items is empty Any ideas Edit This laptop s networking has been fine for the past months Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty I ve had it I usually leave it on but turn it off a couple times a week Yesterday I turned it off and had it off for about - hours When I turned it back on the connection was not working and the above issues arose nbsp

A:Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-laptop-cant-connect-to-internet-sysinfo-components-network-protocol-empty.1054815/
Relevancy 51.17%

Just got new house, and putting together a new win7 homegroup network (new isp, modem & router)
I have the wired computers(3) connected through the router to homegroup called network3. And they can share file, and printers just fine.
The wireless laptop connects to the router though a wireless connection called 'wireless network' it can get on the internet just fine. but it (laptop) can't join the homegroup the wired computers are connected to. It ask to connect to the homegroup by name (network3), when I click "choose homegroup and sharing options" in the Network and Sharing Center screen. I enter the password that works on the other wired computers, but them I get the dreaded balloon saying "Wndows can not set up a homegroup on this computer " pops up, then just sits there.
How do I get the laptop to join the homegroup? There is no other network shown other than 'wireless network'
Thansk

A:Win7 Cannot join homegroup wired and wireless

try this first: make certain all computers are scychronized to the same date and time.
I know that sounds like a "given," but I had a smiliar problem in joining my workgroup.
The Win7 laptop could see the other computers but when trying to connect, it asked
for the network password & identified my computer as belonging to a domain (which
it wasn't).
I tried everything. My time was the same on all the systems. Then I noticed the Win7
system was a day off. I fixed that and walla! Win7 could not only see the other systems
but also, connect--a two week search & trying to connect, solved by the simple
thing of making sure all computers had the same time & date.
Also, you need to have the "everyone" group active, with full rights.
And user accounts with the same name and password on each system.

If those things don't work, hopefully others will answer with the answer.

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173396-win7-cannot-join-homegroup-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all, I do hope I can make this as clear as possible to get quick assistance;

I have an Epson Stylus D88 printer connected by USB to my Windows XP desktop that is connected to my router by an ethernet cable.

I would like to print through that printer from my Win7 laptop wirelessly, but when I follow the "add printer" steps I get told; "Windows can't find a driver for EPSON Stylus D88 Series on the network. To locate one manually, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and consult your network administrator or the printer manufacturer's website."

Can someone please advise on the quickest, simplest or most efficient means on getting this all setup.

Thank you

Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Win7 Pro 64 bit on my desktop computer which is hardwired to my network. I have a Kindle Fire and whenever I try to browse across the network and access the Win7, I can see it but I cannot open it. I always get a bad path or general login failure message on the Fire. I can browse to and access the Win7 from any other computer on the network so the problem seems to be with the Kindle-Win7 interface. The Kindle has no trouble whatsoever browsing to and accessing a computer running XP Pro 32bit that is wirelessly connected to the network. I've tried several different file management apps on the Kindle and I have to admit I'm stumped. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of bug in 7, the Kindle OS, or both. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402659-issues-connecting-win7-computer-across-network-kindle-fire.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

A:Deny Access to this Computer from the Network Win7 Home Premium

Quote: Originally Posted by Matthew23

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

You shouldn't need to remove guest from anywhere in order to set up a Homegroup. It appears as if you are working around another problem.

Most Homegroup problems can be solved by going through the Homegroup trouble shooter.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279091-deny-access-computer-network-win7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok I have computers on a home network Windows XP and one Redhat Linux Fedora Core About a month ago one of the windows boxes 1 computer network now has file transfer on network slow a internet suddenly and on suddenly went 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network from about Kb s download to Kb s download from various newsgroups Also when trying to pull AND push files to that same box it is a very slow file transfer I didn t load any new 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network software in that time and I waited so long because at the time the newsgroup server that I am using reported problems associated with Hurricane Rita This of course doesn t explain the network speed I ve run speed tests on all the other computers and they all report download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds of about Kb s except the one and it has download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds the same about Kb s After I noticed the speed reduction I loaded a firewall Protowall and I downloaded the latest beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ran it Also I have Norton with the latest updates and it reports no problems Please let me know if you need more info or if someone had any general tips to try I am about at the end of my rope and reformatting looks like the only other option to me Thanks Mike in Ohio Edit Forgot to say I went to differnt speed testing web sites and they all report the download speed the same on that one box about Kb s and the others are around Kb s nbsp

A:1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Are all the computers wired similarly? All run to the same router/switch?

You should check the cable of the problematic machine, try using ping to the router with 1400 byte packets. Also, boot up some CD Linux or equivalent and see what speeds you get from there - helps to rule out any problems with the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-computer-on-a-network-suddenly-now-has-slow-file-transfer-on-internet-and-network.35247/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi be active public and Can simultaneously a wired Win7 in workgroup Wi-Fi LAN My crossover-cable wired lan between a win and a miniXP booted laptop can t be changed to a quot home quot from a quot public quot connection Both the wifi and and lan show up as quot public quot The former because I m Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 connected to the internet via a meraki mesh Unlike the status of my wifi which is blue and thus changeable the status of my lan is typeset black as regular text Now when I activate file-sharing I give the whole neighborhood access to my computer Is there a way to separate the networks and make the files of the remote show up in Explorer without disconnecting the wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name ID-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- F- D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - AM Lease Expires October- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- C- -AE- D- -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -AE- D- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D AF E-A E - - B -F BAC AAF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A B E- EA- C- C - DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c d f ff fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c d f ff fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-public-wi-fi-and-a-wired-lan-workgroup-be-active-simultaneously-in-win7.172759/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a very odd one I have an old Comfort Keyboard on my desktop machine which is failing It works but the keys are getting sloppy and it isn't long for the world That keyboard is no longer made so I bought an inexpensive Wired Keyboard But when I plug it into my desktop machine I get the dreaded quot bong-bong quot and it refuses to come up If I go into the device manager it's there under that name with a nice quot quot on it Now here's the fun part -- on my Problem Keyboard Wired refuses Very Win7 install Odd 600 -- x64 laptop also Windows x it works I also looked in the registry for the VID and PID And found it under Enum HID and the file it references oem inf is in Windows inf Anyone have any ideas why this thing Very Odd Wired Keyboard 600 Problem -- Win7 x64 refuses install won't come up It does work in POST Acronis recovery and on the Windows Rescue disk But as soon as Win starts the number lock LED goes out and that's it -- it is not recognized once the OS starts whether it's the only keyboard plugged into the machine or there's another one also connected at the same time

A:Very Odd Wired Keyboard 600 Problem -- Win7 x64 refuses install

Hello genesis.

So it is a USB keyboard the works with the laptop but not with the desktop?

Attach the keyboard with the laptop. And then follow the instructions.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Keyboards" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, Properties.
Click on the "Driver" tab, and under it, click the "Driver Details" button.
Upload a screenshot of the resulting window.
It will let us know the drivers that the keyboard is using. And then it is to check why that driver is not working there in the desktop. Also upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/276515-very-odd-wired-keyboard-600-problem-win7-x64-refuses-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

That's it really. I get the red x ion the toolbar.

When I cmd ipconfig /all I get is:
Host Name.................... : MFisher
Primary DNS suffix.......... :
Node Type ....................: Hybrid
IP routing Enabled...........: No
WINS Proxy Enabled........: No

Someone else had this problem:
Can't connect to the internet or my wired Router

But their solution didn't work for me (I put in the CD that came with my new motherboard (ASUS - - ASUS P8Z77-V LX) and installed all of the drivers but that didn't work).

I'm currently on the same Internet but through my Ubuntu (which works flawlessly). Which leads me to believe it's either an option I have hidden away somewhere in Win7 or my motherboard having trouble communicating with the ethernet port with Win7.

Any ideas? It's day 5 and it's driving me nuts!

A:Fresh install of Win7, won't recognize wired router.

Try and use Ubuntu to download the files from ASUS to your hard drive and then start Windows and run the setup from there

Im not positive but I think this is for your motherboard
32 bit http://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8Z77V_LX2/#support_QVL
64 bit http://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8Z77V_LX2/#support_QVL

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274956-fresh-install-win7-wont-recognize-wired-router.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have a comcast modem connected to a netgear wireless router (wgt624). The wireless router connects to a netgear switch (fs108) which from there goes to the pc's in the house. My wireless network works fine but I cant get a connection through the switch.

The ip address through the switch: 169.254.63.132
The ip address through the wireless router: 192.168.1.4

I know thats bad how do I fix?

A:Wireless network good wired network no go

Well, you isolate what the issue is. It could simply be a defective switch or cable.

Since that switch has auto-MDX, you should be able to simply plug a cable into any port on the switch to the router and connect computers to it on the other ports. It's really that simple. If that's not working, and the same cables work when connecting directly to the router, the switch is dead.

Did you try different ports on the switch? Sometimes, only one port dies, and if it's the port that the router is connected to, you won't get any connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-good-wired-network-no-go.834640/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok so I have a netopia modem wireless router Its all set up Heres the problem Wired computer directly through ANY of the ethernet ports can access router and each other but cannot access internet Cannot ping outside my LAN but Network Good/Wired Wireless Bad Network can ping every other computer inside Wireless connected computers CAN access internet and all computers within my LAN Tried multiple computers multiple patch cables Thought it might be modem but if it was modem then I wouldnt be able to access other computers on my LAN when wired but I can That s what is wierd No firewalls are set up on computers hardwired I even have RealVNC on one computer that IS hard wired into modem router and I can access it via any other computer so wired network is working Its like HTTP settings to wired ports Wireless Network Good/Wired Network Bad is blocked Any ideas At amp t doesnt know either but they agree its probably not router NOTE I also hooked in a second router from the modem and tried from THOSE ports Still same problem nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I set up a wireless network on my router some time ago It's called Balmer I can't connect to my wireless network with my Windows laptop any more However if I connect an ethernet cable to the router from that laptop it connects just fine as long as the cable is connected However it identifies the WIRED network as Balmer I change? Wired as has network do same network name wireless - I how would really like this laptop to connect to the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? wireless Balmer network so I don't have to plug in the ethernet cable I think the problem with the Windows laptop is that it seems to think Balmer is a wired network at the same time as there is an actual WIRELESS network with the same name I wonder if that is confusing the laptop somehow and keeping it from connecting wirelessly If so what do I do about it I've tried deleting the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? existing wired network connection but it only gives me a Merge option the delete option is greyed out I should mention that my Windows laptop connects wireless to Balmer just fine as does my cell phone Clearly something is messed up in the network settings for the Windows machine alone I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to get the Windows machine connecting to Balmer wirelessly again

A:Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change?

When you set up your network did you happen to change the password? My network has the same name whether I connect wired or wireless. That should not be an issue. If you connect Wired, you do not have to enter a password. Disconnect the Ethernet cable and click on your wireless icon, if it says connected, click on it and you should have the option to disconnect. It should show you all connections available to it. Click on your network, click connect and you should be asked for a password. Enter the password and it should connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388056-wired-network-has-same-name-wireless-network-how-do-i-change.html
Relevancy 50.31%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 50.31%

ok here is what i have main desk top is and a and comps ps3 a and networking wired wifi 3 one wired wired printer help has this help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc AU PCB x C E B Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled it also has a belkin usbwifi alltel g air card what i need help with is want to conect and share the internet and files this comp though a linksys wrt g router that is wired to the ps and a d-link hub the d-link hub is wire to desk tops and a laptop and a hp printer where do i start for some reson i can only have ether my desktops and my main on net or my ps if ps is on and i want to start net on a comp i have to shut off ps and restart all comps what am i doing wrong nbsp

A:help networking 3 comps wired one wifi and a wired printer and a ps3 wired

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-networking-3-comps-wired-one-wifi-and-a-wired-printer-and-a-ps3-wired.1020626/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just setup a samba server on a linux box I have in another room My laptop Win Home premium is on wireless and can't access the share In my living room I have a wireless router which sends internet wirelessly to my bedroom where my linux box is That room has another wireless router which bridges the connection to ethernet My mac wired in my living room can access the shares And so can my linux partition on my wireless laptop But Windows just doesn't see it It can see my wireless roku device connected to my TV though All the devices mentioned are on the same subnet and I can ping the linux box from windows and tracert shows only the linux box no other devices so nothing Wireless wired can't share access samba linux win7 should be interfering in between I'm lost on what to do I've tried everything I can think of and can't find any information online that works or is applicable to this setup Network discovery is on remember it does see my roku tried connecting by IP hostname but doesn't work I tried disabling the host firewall but didn't help The network devices Windows can see is Network the network name Stuff itself and Roku Stick I've attached a picture of my network layout

A:Wireless win7 can't access wired linux samba share

ok, so I found a workaround I guess. I would still like to know why it won't show up in the "Network" drop down or any other way to connect. Anyway, so I used

net use x: \\$IP\$share folder /user:$IP\$username

If i can connect this way, why can't I connect any other way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358968-wireless-win7-cant-access-wired-linux-samba-share.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all This one's been driving me crazy since Wired connection Win7 long - problem to connect time broadband - Ult I switched to Win Ultimate My system Asus H -Pro mobo GB Ram Intel i - Core i CPU Asus HD GB Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect Silent GDDR PCI-E HDCP VGA DVI HDMI Video Card Netgear DGN Wireless-N Router with Built-in ADSL Modem ports Standard garden-variety network card I installed Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect W from scratch on SSD Problem System Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect connects to internet eventually It can take up to to mins from boot-to-desktop until I can access a website Ditto with email During this time the network tray icon has a yellow and the Network and Sharing Center shows a red X between the Network and Internet icons Then suddenly both change to an OK state but there is still a delay of up to minute before I can see a website My network setup is basic PC gt DGN gt Internet I've been through whatever I can think of and my network properties appear ok Been in touch with my ISP and everything appears ok at their end Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks

A:Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect

Hello,

Try performing Clean Boot, see if it helps.

If not, boot on Safe Mode with Networking, see if you can replicate your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341473-wired-broadband-connection-problem-win7-ult-long-time-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there, I have a windows 7 computer that will not connect to my wifi anymore. Literally less than a week ago it was running fine and all was well. But now it says that it cannot connect to the Internet, even though I am using the wifi from my iPod,
wii, and Ubuntu laptop fine. The useless troubleshooter was well... useless.
Specs:
Acer Aspire 5560-Sb41
Quad Core A6-3400M with turbo core tech up to 2.30 GHz
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n
Wireless is a WRT160N linksys
Only program that I think could mess it up is LogMeIn Hamachi.
If you need more info on anything then please let me know!
Thanks.
Edit: I put this in the windows 7 area because I had a Windows update recently as well, so just a very very small chance that could have knocked it out somehow.

A:Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to Internet, all other devices will!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-computer-will-not-connect-to-internet-all-other-devices-will.1046843/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I'm having a little bit of trouble connecting my computer to a wired internet connection My wireless works but some of the programs I am running require wired connections My Physical connections are pretty weird so I think I'll get that out of the way first I have an AT amp T wireless modem The modem is also connected to a Cisco-Linksys Etherfast -port workgroup switch which allows me connect into any ethernet socket around my house I've tried about different Ethernet cables so I know that isn't the problem I ran LAN No network" Connection Internet Wired Connection: "Unidentified IP Config and it Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network" No Internet Connection gave me this readout Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David Bassily gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MININT- J EH J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address AC- - - - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address AC- - - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network" No Internet Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-BC- C- - - - -B - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D CC -E B- DF -A A - F F C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap rlhh snd wayport net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I want to thank everyone who took their time to read this I would be extremely grateful if someone knew the solution EDIT I have McAfee and I disabled McAfee Network Agent This didn't solve the problem

A:Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network" No Internet Connection

If you are only using a modem then you would also require a router in order to have multiple DHCP IP addresses, unless maybe you are using a modem/router combo unit.

A switch can't do what a router can, what you really need is modem>router>switch>other machines plugged into router or switch.

From the ipconfig you aren't getting anything from the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297210-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jesse gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No "Unidentified network", LAN Wired Internet Connection No Connection: WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Physical Address -FF- F- -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - -C -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description NETGEAR WNA N Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address E - - A- D-FE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dde e a b e db Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday April AM Lease Expires Monday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -BC- - - C- B-D -ED DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - F- - A-C DHCP Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - C- B-D Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection -ED DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd b b a c fbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -BC- - - C- B-D -ED DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F AE -F - -A - E A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C DB- FBF- C -AD - AF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A D- E - -BDF - AEB A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Jesse gt A few things to note I've already reset the AT amp T modem multiple times and my attempts were to no avail How this issue came about My internet disconnected for about minutes randomly I suppose and ever since then the wired connection has been quot unidentified quot A few pictures that may help clear things up I am using an Asoka PlugLink for my wired connection it worked for months with no issues It was never bumped I believe it is working fine and not what is causing the issue My laptop has the same issue so the issue is network-sided not computer-sided My wireless internet disconnects every minutes for no apparent reasons the AT amp T technician had no idea what was causing the error Howeve... Read more

A:Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

Update the problematic network adapters drivers to the current version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227191-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Here is Network Network Wired and Wireless the scoop I have Wireless Network and Wired Network two Desktops connected thru a D-Link router DHCP is disabled and both computers are manually configured IP Computer Computer As far as each computer seeing each other this is a perfect setup for me Now I needed Computer to access the internet thru another router Wireless Network and Wired Network in the building thru a wireless connection so Wireless Network and Wired Network I bought a USB wireless adapter When I plugged in the Wilreless it gets the following information DHCP Now here is my issue if my wired network and wireless internet are both plugged in I have no internet whatsoever my two desktops still see each other If I unplugged my wired network I can surf the net with no issues I can t eliminate any of the routers as they are very far away from each other What am I missing on my setup What shoud my DNS be on either cnnection wired and wireless What should my gateway be on either connection wired and wireless Does that matter at all Any help clues would be greatly appreciated Thanks Eddie nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Motorola sbg900 that may be intermittent. I want to leave broadband wireless and connect 2 PC's with already installed Cat 5. I don't need the wireless feature. Can I buy a cable router, preferably Linksys, and hook that directly to my COX cable source. Linksys with 4 output ports would be sufficient. Thank You.

A:wired network

I would call Cox and ask them the question. You are paying them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network.876769/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, so I am trying to connect my Xbox 360, PS3 and laptop up to the internet. There is already a desktop connected. I am trying to use a linksys 5-port workgroup switch. I have the cable from the from the modem (comcast provided) plugged into the switch, the cable for the desktop and then a cable linking it to another switch. The desktop connects just fine. The second switch has cables running to the xbox, ps3 and laptop. all of the lights are on both of the switches, however i get the message limited or no connectivity on the laptop and the network connections test fail on the game consoles.

Please Help!!

A:Trying to set up a wired network

Yep, no surprise there. You can only connect ONE TCP/IP device to the Comcast modem, so most folks make that a broadband router so they can share the connection.

Buy a broadband modem and this will all work out as you expected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-set-up-a-wired-network.791422/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just purchased a Netgear PS608NA network switch. I'm not sure if it's working or I'm not using it right. The brief instructions say that an indicator light will light up at each of the 8 ports when a cable is installed. These lights flash when power is turned on but not when cables are plugged in. I have several tested cables and have tried all ports in different combinations. The lights don't come on and the info from the router does not pass through the switch. The router modem is configured to send info through the Cat 5 cable. Wireless mode has been turned off. Thank You.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I have a lap top and a desk top, and am thinking about a wired network, as I think it would be the simplist way for me to do it, I know I will need a modem router, and I think I will need a long lenght of ethernet cable to connect them, but I am unsure about the lap top, someone told me I would need some kind of an adapter that I put into the lap top, can anyone tell me what equipment I will need. The lap top is set up to the main phone socket and the lap top is about 10 foot away in the next room. Is it possible to set up a network, this way, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I cannot seem to connect to the internet with a wired network through an ethernet cable?

How can I fix this?

Kind Regards

A:No Wired Network

Goto Start>Contorl Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center, on the left side of the screen, Click on Change Adapter settings, Check if Local Area connection has a Red X on it... If it does Right click and select Enable.. try connection 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503884/no-wired-network/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips?

A:Wired Network

You can start by running regedit, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete all the entries under profiles.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38180-wired-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay, this is weird. I have a winXP pro on my machine, and on it there are no problems with wireless network, but I can't connect to the wired network. Normally, when I plugged in the cable, it was auto-detected, but now my computer doesn't see the wired network. On Linux on the same computer there are no problems with either wired or wireless.
Could you give me some reasons why it doesn't work/tell me what to provide to narrow down the search?
Thanks.

A:Wired network

Well, the fact that it works wirelessly in Windows, and wired in Linux leads me to believe it's a driver issue in Windows for the wired NIC. That's where I'd be looking first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network.778295/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips?

A:Wired Network

You can start by running regedit, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

Delete all the entries under profiles.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38180-wired-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a laptop and a desktop PC both running windows XP SP2. I have a wired linksys BEFSR41 router and when I plug my desktop into it the lights on the Ethernet ports flash on both the computer and the router and I get a messaged about the wired LAN on my desktop, but it cannot connect to the internet through it. If I run the internet coming out of the wall directly into the desktop it works fine and is able to connect. I also have a wireless access point plugged into the wired router which my laptop can connect to with no problem. Any Ideas on how to get the desktop to connect to the internet?