Windows Support Forum

Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

Q: Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

Hello, I'll try to be as clear as I can.

I have my computer hooked up to my router with an Ethernet cable. About an hour ago the Limited sign popped up. With the cable connected it says Limited, but I can freely use the internet. When I take the cable out, under connections it still only says "Ethernet Limited" and I can't use the internet. I'm not sure about any specs to my comp. All I know Is I'm using windows 8 and it's from Toshiba. I know it's not much to go on, but I'm losing my mind and any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

This picture is how it looks when the cable is, and isn't, plugged in.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

With the cable pulled out, the picture is correct (for a wired Lan Connection).
When it is attached AND you have access to the Internet, it should not be limited.
SO, get a command prompt ( start->run and enter CMD ) and enter

IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
then NOTEPAD myTCP.txt
copy the contents and PASTE that as your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access-with-ethernet-even-when-not-connected.217393/
Relevancy 96.32%

hello everyone I recently bought a dell inspiron laptop and I am able to connect to internet using my broadband ISP username and password and they had provided their own modem which works like a charm But as soon as I try access connected limited and wifi ethernet but to connect my laptop to LAN using the Ethernet cable in my room it says wifi and ethernet connected but limited access quot LIMITED CONNECTIVITY quot and while fetching the details of connection it shows - IPV - NO INTERNET ACCESS AND IPV NO INTERNET ACCESS though it shows large amount of data sent and received and hence I am not able to surf internet All my frnds are able to do the same using their laptops in my room NOTE- LAN GETS CONNECTED USING THE ETHERNET CABLE IN MY HOUSE THE MODEM WORKS FINE AS OTHER FRIENDS ARE ABLE TO SURF and as for the wifi it scans for networks and shows limited connectivity and I cannot access net BEING A STUDENT I AM GOING MAD PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE ALSO UPLOADED IPCONFIG TXT

A:wifi and ethernet connected but limited access

This might be able to help you.

Limited Or No Connectivity Errors in Windows - How To Fix

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34027-wifi-ethernet-connected-but-limited-access.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have been using wireless internet on my laptop at work without any problems, until a few days ago. Now when I try to get online, I get a message saying connected with limited access and at the bottom of my screen where the status of the internet comes up, it has a caution sign, that says limited activity. I cannot get on line, but it says that I have an excellent signal. Please help.

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi -- I'm new here and I'm not sure I am posting this in the right forum but my Gateway laptop won't access the internet and gives me the error in the network and connections w/ No address Can't IP Limited Internet find Access" "Connected Access, as quot connected "Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address with limited access quot or quot local only quot My other computers connect fine to the router so its definitely my computer I have Vista OS -- Gateway online quot help quot said I have a defective network card because the IP address came back as a default So I bought a usb network card disabled my other one and still didn't work I tried an ethernet cable and that doesn't work either I also tried connecting to my city's "Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address free wifi "Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address with the same result System Restore didn't work I put my setting to find the DNS and IP automatically My Wireless network shows as connected -- I am just not able to get an IP I had previously had an intermittent problem with this and assumed it was the signal Now it just stopped working entirely I am thinking this must be a problem with Vista because the other network card and the cable didn't work either Any ideas on how to fix this

A:"Connected w/ Limited Access" No Internet Access, Can't find IP address

Is DHCP Client started?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306605/connected-w-limited-access-no-internet-access-cant-find-ip-address/
Relevancy 72.24%

Ok Connected With Access Help!! Limited so i m trying to connect to my router via wifi and it says i m connected but i don t have internet connection I have an Acer Aspire series laptop and Windows Vista Home Premium Connected With Limited Access Help!! ops I ve been trying to Connected With Limited Access Help!! find the answer and so far i get that i need to show u this cmd thing so here it is Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Joy Lopez gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JoyLopez-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E-CC-DD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday December PM Lease Expires Saturday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FEB E D - E- B D-B - A B D br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C D A- F C- E - CC - E D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E -BA - EA - -E A ED br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Connected With Limited Access Help!!

Thnx anyway guys got it fixed... just went to youtube.. If you're having the same problem and nothing seems to be working this is the video i watched: Tutorial:" Fix Local Only Network Problem". It was posted by Firefox1095 gl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-with-limited-access-help.1033742/
Relevancy 72.24%

So I've seen dozens of these on here, but none of the solutions have helped my problem.

My wireless network is called "bucca" and several people in my household use it without issue, but on my computer, I can't get rid of the "connected with limited access" thing. I can connect to the network but can't actually access the internet without plugging directly into my router.

I could use some help. Thanks!

Relevancy 72.24%

I recently just got a laptop for college.Today I tried to connect to the internet and it's connected but its says Limited access. I have been looking online to fix this problem and they say to go online. But when I open a browser I can't connect. I was wondering how I fix this? I have a cable that connects to my router. But it's still saying limited access to any internet connection that I can use (ex. wireless, cable). But I don't know how to fix it. It says that it's connected but it's unable to identify the problem. If anyone could help it would be great!

A:Connected but says limited access

"Limited access" means that your system is connected to the router, but the router is not getting connected to the internet. So the problem is with your cable connection and/or cable provider, not with your system or router. Contact your cable provider to correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188803-connected-but-says-limited-access.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have hp laptop with vista os, I cannot access the internet through my linksys router only with limited access, but I can access the internet with my Toshiba laptop, I made a system recovery for my hp laptop but still cannot connect successfully, my ip and dns are set automatically so please help to solve this problem

A:connected with limited access

Open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Next, open a command prompt, Windows Key + R, type cmd and then type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284470-connected-limited-access.html
Relevancy 72.24%

my laptop, operating system of vista is connected with limited access,
ipv4 connectivity is limited, also ipv6 connectivity is also limited.
i have a wireless connection, other computer are running fine what can i do?

Relevancy 72.24%

About two months ago my internet connection basically disappeared suddenly while I was playing an online game Confused I went through all the normal channels I follow when internet trouble shows up resetting this or that diagnostics checked everything I could The only time I ve never been able to fix my own computer or network was when with Connected access. limited the problem was outside my control When I finally came to the conclusion that my modem was the issue I called tech support and went through the entire process again complete with a screensharing session that checked all the settings I already had and even though no settings were changed I was told quot Well I ve done all that I can to speed up your system and there s still a problem quot I m over it now but I sat on hold for literally minutes waiting for tech support that only confirmed that I know what I m doing that is precisely why I learned how to do all this stuff -- to avoid tech support However I Connected with limited access. was told to check my WLAN card to see if it Connected with limited access. was working Windows said yes but just to be sure I reinstalled the drivers Nothing changed I bought a whole new WLAN card and installed it Nothing changed I got fed up and disabled it bought a WNA USB-N Adapter and it seemed to get better but never quite got back the gusto it had before I moved to South Korea home of the world s fastest internet and my browsing speed is crap My download upload rate is over x what it was in the states but I can t watch streaming videos and even streaming music stalls sometimes waiting for the load The reason I m posting this unnecessarily long story is to say that I was using the WNA s Wireless utility until about a week ago It showed good connection but it never felt that way for browsing speed Last week I switched back to the Windows utility only to notice that it STILL says quot Connected with limited access quot even though I m using the WNA adapter I admit that I play around a lot with my Services to turn off things I hate about Windows I want my computer to be as fast as possible without all the useless fluff added in with the OS My concern is that maybe I disabled the quot browsing speed quot service or something which shows that I still have a lot to learn about certain things What services if any could affect things in this way I know they have trees and dependencies and all that good stuff so is there a way that I turned off a branch for the internet nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys I just recently got a new notebook that comes with Windows I'm still using my old desktop that has Vista and that's where I'm posting from right now Anyway while I love my notebook I've been having some trouble lately on trying to connect with our wireless limited connected with access but network It would connect but say quot limited access quot I've tried reconnecting over and over again tried deleting the network restarting and trying to connect basically just everything I could have physically tried I did with some help from the people online However it still does not work I know it's not a problem with the device because I have tried connecting using my neighbor's wireless network and it would connected but with limited access connect My friend's dad says it might be because of the password issue or whatever Anyway I need some help figuring out how to fix this issue I have a Gateway LT series notebook and we use a D-Link router at home Thanks in advance for the help If you guys need more info I'll try my best to give it Even though I could be pretty ignorant with all the technical stuff

A:connected but with limited access

Welcome, fgonzales.

1. Does your wireless network have a password?

2. What is the model of your notebook?

3. Model of your D-Link router?

4. Apartment/House?

5. Does your router have DHCP turned on or off?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82332-connected-but-limited-access.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm running on windows 7 professional with a realtek gigabit ethernet port. It's a gateway SX2370. It originally came with home premium and a bunch of bloatware so I restored with pro. I thought I installed all the drivers but a few minutes after bootup, the ethernet breaks. It works for a few minutes, as I can access the internet, and then itt gives me the no internet access error. I used a usb wireless card and that works after bootup, but doesn't run as nearly as fast as my gigabit ethernet. I'm pretty sure I installed the right drivers, but how can I be sure?

Relevancy 71.38%

I'm using Windows Home Premium -bit on a Dell Inspiron laptop and for some reason the Internet has stopped working sometime during the evening on the th of July in after I unsuccessfully tried to fix Just Cause by changing a setting for Data Execution Prevention from quot turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only quot to quot turn on access says limited It no or access. connected Internet sometimes but DEP for all programs and services except It sometimes says connected or limited access but no Internet access. those I select quot and I selected quot Just Cause quot and its shortcuts and I restarted my laptop for the changes to take effect I will explain this problem further in another thread It now sometimes says connected or limited access but unidentified network and no Internet access I don't know why the Internet stopped working after that The Internet only works in Safe Mode with Networking but not in normal mode I right-clicked the Wireless Connection icon clicked quot troubleshoot problems quot and the Windows Network Diagnostics troubleshooter loads and tries to troubleshoot the problem for a few seconds and it then tells me to turn off the modem for seconds and then turn it back on I've tried that multiple times System Restore Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and maybe Panda Antivirus to no avail I don't have this problem on my iPad my phones and some other devices only on my laptop I don't want to have to buy a reinstall Windows or buy a new laptop or computer Can you please help me fix the Internet on my laptop as soon as possible I'm posting about this from my iPad I took this photo from my iPad showing all the details with CMD Command Prompt

A:It sometimes says connected or limited access but no Internet access.

Hi PK2,
Sounds more like you game caused the problem.
Revert the DEP settings, hopefully that will give you your internet back.
If that fails try your OLDEST restore point.

You will NOT have to buy W7 again, your comp has a factory restore option, possibly in the Dell program files, or via your Bios.

Im assuming your other problem is a BSOD.
Go Control panel >> device manager >> update your graphics card and Network adapters, and are there any marked with an ! or a small black down arrow or Problem devices.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399628-sometimes-says-connected-limited-access-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 71.38%

This problem is driving me up a wall I try to connect and I get a quot Connected with Limited Access quot or quot Limited Connectivity quot error I have a NETGEAR pains. Connected Access Limited With WPN v and I'm on Vista Windows IP Configuration Host Name dmastt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -A - -ED DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fd f cb a Preferred Autoconfiguration Connected With Limited Access pains. IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - - B- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c ae d ad e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday March PM Lease Expires Thursday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BCB -C - F B-A A-C BD EC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C -F - C -B - AFDC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ----- HELPPPPP

A:Connected With Limited Access pains.

I'm electronically challenged -could someone could tell me what exactly is wrong, how to fix it, specifically.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215799-connected-limited-access-pains.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there,

I recently tried to update my free AVG virus protection as it was due to run out. Somewhere in the process of trying to get another free version of AVG I've lost internet access.

I tried finding another thread but cold not locate what I needed.

I have another laptop and internet access is not a problem.

When I try to connect to a network it says "Connected with limited access"

Have you any advice?

Many thanks in-advance

Boa

Relevancy 71.38%

Last week MS did its normal automatic downloads with updates After its conclusion I was unable to log onto my network I restored my PC to the previous day s settings At this stage I could log on OK However once with Connected access limited Solved: I rebooted I could no longer logon I discovered that the upgrades which I had removed had beeen reinstalled on my PC I continued restoring disabling more and more of the updating switches to try and get back to the stable condition I was in a week ago Eventually however I was unable to login at all Looking at my network condition it tells me I am quot Connected with limited access quot a position which appears to have afflicted others recently Using quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot I find that the network adapter RealtekPCIe GBE Family Controller is experiencing driver Solved: Connected with limited access or hardware related issues On device manager it tells me that the device is working proiperly I downoaded the latest driver just in case - no difference however I am using a Netgear router with a wireless adapter Rangemax Wireless-N USB WN v Could someone please tell me if the PCI network adaptor is still being used whilst I am operating a USB wirelesss adaptor - or does the wireless adaptor not need the PCI to operate a network I do not have an ethernet network on the PC When I run ipconfig I get the following Windows IP Configuration Host Name Iains Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I am using a spare PC to the same Netgear router which is working fine I have also swapped wireless receivers between both PCs - still limited connectivity on my newer PC and good connection with the netgear wireless problem - seems to rule out hardware issues I am using Vista SP I have tried most of the suggestions from other threads including turning router off etc Anyone have a solution for this nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Dell laptop Inspiron 1545, WRT54GS - "Connected With Limited Access" - drove me up the wall. Tried everything. Browsed other forums for hours. What did I do? Just for grins, and for NO particular reason, I switched from WEP to WPA Personal / TKIP in the router and to WPA / TKIP in the laptop and other PC, entered the ten-char key I've always used, and POOF - instant connection. I sure would love to have someone explain this to me...

Phil H.

A:Connected With Limited Access - WRT54GS

I am glad you got your connection working. You did yourself a favor by going from WEP to WPA. WEP can be cracked in 2-3 minutes. WPA can be cracked as well but it takes more time (hours).

I would, however, suggest you go to WPA2/AES if your hardware supports it. With WPA2, it takes years to crack an encrystion key that is 10 characters or longer. If you use a 63 character, randomly generated encryption key, it will take upwards of 300 years to crack at current processing speeds.

I use this site to get my 63 random characters from...

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Of course, I always change a few characters when copying from the web site and always change my encryption key at least every 2-3 months.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266297-connected-limited-access-wrt54gs.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless network adapter and now when I try to reconnect to my home wireless network I get quot limited access quot everything was working fine before Plugging in my computer to the router with an ethernet cable works and I m currently posting this thread this Solved: with Access Limited Connected way My other wireless devices such as my iPod Touch don t have any trouble connecting to the wireless network My wireless network adapter drivers are up to date OS Windows Router wire HG-E Wireless Encryption WEP Solved: Connected with Limited Access ISP Telus Computer Model Sony Vaio VGN-FZ E Wireless Adapter Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Antivirus ESET Smart Security What I ve tried I ve installed and uninstalled the network adaptor multiple times Including driver rollback I tried setting a static Solved: Connected with Limited Access IP Disable Enabled the adaptor Reboots ipconfig all gives me this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users June gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name June-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- - A- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March- - PM Lease Expires March- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e f f feb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c e f f feb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users June gt I ve done the reset thing in command prompt that i read in some similar cases here at this forum but that hasn t worked I wanted to do a system restore but it seems that i don t have any restore points before today I tried to do a fix with the Windows install CD but that hasn t helped here is some additional information I tired the troubleshooting that runs the windows diagnostics and it said that there is a problem with the drivers it also said quot Windows couldn t automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot I have no idea what that means nbsp

A:Solved: Connected with Limited Access

There is no evidence of wireless in the ipconfig. What is listed in Device Manager under Network adapters? Any errors on those? Any other errors or warnings in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-with-limited-access.911031/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello. I have install a vpn connection on my computer. When vpn is connected, my internet access is completely limited. When i disconnect from vpn connection my internet access is ok either by cable or by wifi. Can you help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2482960c-e481-473a-b0b6-749889001df6/internet-access-is-limited-when-vpn-is-connected?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 71.38%

I have an HP D7 pavilion entertainment note book in the task bar there is a monitor Icon which has a red x in it telling me I'am not connected to any networks so I click on it the name of my network appears already and says connected with limited access I've tried everything but my children's devices(ipod,kindle) work fine with the network name and everything I've changed my ssid, key everything there's works mine doesn't but we're using the same router how can that be! my router was established first!! Help!!!!!!

A:connected with limited access(wireless)

can we see an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot

what firewall / security suite do you have or ever had on the PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-with-limited-access-wireless.1032019/
Relevancy 71.38%

Up until a few hours ago my wireless connection had been working fine with no problems. Then after turning my computer on and trying to connect it goes through "Identifying" and the a prompt comes up saying "Unable to connect". But then my network says "Connected with limited Access", and unable to connect to the internet. I am currently using an Ethernet
connection from my router to my computer and that seems to work fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop keeps on saying limited access

A:My laptop keeps on saying limited access when connected to i...

Dear Customer, Below is the related document:Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02543015   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-laptop-keeps-on-saying-limited-access-when-connected-to/td-p/5839743
Relevancy 71.38%

I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP that cannot connect to the internet - wirelessly or wired I ve run Webroot anti-virus amp antispyware deleted all programs downloaded within the past month and updated network drivers yesterday when I was able to use system restore to access the internet System restore worked yesterday but wouldn t work again today My ISP is Verizon and we have an Actiontec modem MI -WR-Rev E access with Solved: Connected limited no separate router WPA encryption type Tried to ping google - Ping request could not find host www google com Please check the name and try a gain Tried to ping router Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code Solved: Connected with limited access PING transmit failed error code Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Solved: Connected with limited access Lost loss IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Aisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Solved: Connected with limited access Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EEECB -C F- B -AC -A A A br BE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EEECB -C F- B -AC -A A A br BE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd nj comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

I reposted this thread in networking, it seems this problem is OS independent.

Hi. Last night I uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless network adapter and now when I try to reconnect to my home wireless network I get "limited access".
Plugging in my computer to the router with an ethernet cable works.
My other wireless devices such as my iPod Touch don't have any trouble connecting to the wireless network.
My wireless network adapter drivers are up to date.

Router: 2wire 2700HG-E
Wireless Encryption: WEP
ISP: Telus
Computer Model: Sony Vaio VGN-FZ280E
Wireless Adapter: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.0.424.0

What I've tried:
I've installed and uninstalled the network adaptor multiple times. Including driver rollback.
I tried setting a static IP.
Disable/Enabled the adaptor.
Reboots..

A:Wireless: Connected but with Limited access.

Have you checked if your router is up to date?

Also you might find something here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930517

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-but-with-limited-access.911011/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a new Toshiba (not sure if that really matters) which came with Windows 8. The other 12 people who share my wifi used Windows 7. I don't know if that's important.Main point: I am the only one in my house whose computer cannot use the wifi. I used it for about three weeks with not more complicatios than everyone else until a day or two ago. Now while others have normal access mine continues to be limited with not internet access. When Microsoft searches for a problem it says "Problems found: 'Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'". Do I need to do something with my computer, the modem, the router, or something else?Many thanks

A:Wifi connected with limited access

The other 12 people who share my wifi used Windows 7Although routers can connect multiple devices at the same time by wireless there are some obstacle you must check first like the distance and interference. The wireless feature of the router such as channel and signal would be the clear probable solution. Depending also on your router, look for an updated firmware version that might stabilize your whole connection and try updating your network adapter if available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483093/wifi-connected-with-limited-access/
Relevancy 70.52%

I used to connect in my Smart_bro before but one day I got a message "Connected with limited access" permanently. I'm running vista and when i click diagnose problem it says There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter. I don't know what i did because it worked fine before i tried to set up the connection. I would really like to be playing live soon so any help or direction would be absolutely appreciated.

A:Connected with Limited Access windows Vista

Welcome
Go to search
Type device manager
In device manager look for any small yellow markers, indicating problems.
If none go to the website of your inetwork adapters and update.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293625-connected-limited-access-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I cannot seem to get through the limited access on my WIFI network I have a Ralink RT R WIFI card a Comcast Cable Connected ' " only limited access WIFI Modem amp network Connected ' limited access only " WIFI Laptop Pavilion DV connects to other wireless networks and other devices connect to the Comcast Modem no problems I have disconnect Norton s Security shut off Comcast Modem Security updated driver and reinstalled but nothing has worked I have read that Ralink RT R is incompatible with the Comcast modem but I just want to make sure I didn t miss anything Truly stumped on this I have pasted IPConfig all below with Rizzo being my SSID I am currently connected through an Ethernet cable to my cable modem while connected wirelessly to Rizzo with limited connection Any help would be greatly appreciated Hobbit Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chuck-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E - -E - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Physical Address E - -E - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Ralink RT R b g n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address E - -E - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address A -B -CC- -AF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cf c e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- C- E-A -B -CC- -AF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ma comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all

My laptop has been playing up for the past two weeks, it keeps displaying 'limited access' despite my adapter claiming to be connected.
I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro c650 and the adapter is the Atheros AR9285.
I have system restored multiple times after which the internet works fine, its when I turn my laptop back on the problem seems to reoccur.
Wireless Network Connection status says that my laptop is not connected to IPv4 or IPv6. I have no idea what any of this means and have been going out of my mind trying to decipher computer language.

Please help

A:limited access but adapter claims to be connected

Limited Access usually means that the adapter hasn't managed to get its IP address from the router and Windows has allocated a 169.254.x.x APIPA address (Automatic Private IP Addressing). This won't let you access either the router or the internet. Try deleting the existing "profile" and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again:

Go to "Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center", then click the link at the left to Manage wireless networks. Click on your network to highlight it and then select "Remove".

Now go back to the network icon beside the clock, click it to show the Available Wireless Networks, select yours and "Connect" to it, when you'll be prompted to enter the encryption key again. See if that resolves the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266153-limited-access-but-adapter-claims-connected.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello everyone,
I recently bought a dell inspiron 5520 laptop and I am able to connect to internet using my ISP username and password ..
But as soon as I try to connect my laptop to LAN using the Ethernet cable it says "LIMITED CONNECTIVITY" and while fetching the details of connection it shows -
IPV4 - NO INTERNET ACCESS
AND IPV6 NO INTERNET ACCESS

and hence I am not able to surf internet.. All my frnds are able to do the same using their laptops in my room .. NOTE- LAN GETS CONNECTED USING THE ETHERNET CABLE IN MY HOUSE..THE MODEM WORKS FINE AS OTHER FRIENDS ARE ABLE TO SURF

and as for the wifi...

it scans for networks and shows limited connectivity and I cannot access net

BEING A STUDENT ..I AM GOING MAD..PLEASE HELP ME

A:wifi and ether connected but limited access

Closing dup. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-ether-connected-but-limited-access.1111472/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello all I am having an extremely hard time connecting Access to Network Internet Connected Limited/No to my new internet network I ll explain all and try and include as much detail as possible Limited/No Internet Access to Connected Network I ve just moved back to university and into a house Limited/No Internet Access to Connected Network with some friends We now have mb virgin broadband which is installed and working I have connection on this netbook my ps and my friend s laptop is also connected The problem is on my desktop I connect to the network that we ve set up and it goes through the connecting Limited/No Internet Access to Connected Network process After about a minute I ll be connected but will have no internet access and be unable to surf the web etc I ve tried everything I can think of but nothing has worked Im getting quot No internet quot on my ivp and ivp protocols on the connection Please help me I m needing to get this sorted before my year begins and the essays roll on I know I ve included next to nothing about ip s and everything but I dont know what to include so if you could just tell me what you d like to see how I go about getting the information for you Ill be doing it ASAP and sticking it up here for you to look at Please keep in mind that I cant connect to the internet on my desktop so can t copy paste certain things straight from the machine Please help a student in need Many thanks Jonathan nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

wifi and ether connected but limited access
hello everyone,
I recently bought a dell inspiron 5520 laptop and I am able to connect to internet using my ISP username and password ..
But as soon as I try to connect my laptop to LAN using the Ethernet cable it says "LIMITED CONNECTIVITY" and while fetching the details of connection it shows -
IPV4 - NO INTERNET ACCESS
AND IPV6 NO INTERNET ACCESS

and hence I am not able to surf internet.. All my frnds are able to do the same using their laptops in my room .. NOTE- LAN GETS CONNECTED USING THE ETHERNET CABLE IN MY HOUSE..THE MODEM WORKS FINE AS OTHER FRIENDS ARE ABLE TO SURF

and as for the wifi...

it scans for networks and shows limited connectivity and I cannot access net

BEING A STUDENT ..I AM GOING MAD..PLEASE HELP ME

Relevancy 70.09%

A laptop based on a home wireless network will not allow a connection through the internet however does connect to the router The quot connected with limited access quot notification comes up and regardless of my attempts I cannot get an internet connection The ISP is Sky in the UK Laptop is an Acer Aspire The OS is Vista Home Premium The following is brought up in CMD when IPCONFIG ALL is entered Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users TEMP HOME-PC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HOME-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A DEE- - D -BE B- CDE B br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users TEMP HOME-PC gt The following is also brought up when attempting to ping google and the router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users TEMP HOME-PC gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google limited with access Problems - Vista Connected Wireless com Please check the name and try a gain C Users TEMP HOME-PC gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed error code PING Vista Wireless Problems - Connected with limited access transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users TEMP HOME-PC gt My mate who owns the laptop is useless with computers and I am under the assumption various drivers are missing however I am not clued up enough to attempt to recover the laptop He also did not create a backup disc when the laptop was purchased and furthermore has never created a restore point I have attempted closing all firewalls and the like but to no avail I have checked router settings and tried to change the security encryption from WPA to WEP but that does not solve the issue either Any help would be brilliant Cheers Kieron nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Please help! I have a laptop with a wireless connection to a netgear router. My Internet work perfectly, however after a certaiN amount of time I can't access the Internet although it still stats that I am connected. It reads " connected with limited access". I then have to restart my laptop to gain Internet access again. I have other computers and laptops and tablets that don't share this problem. Please help with any suggestions!!

A:Connected with limited access- laptop windows vista

probably needs to update the driver from the manufacturers website or possibly wireless interference

whats the make and model of the PC

however, can you post the following

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.

please include the xirrus screen shots for both conditions - see how below.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labelled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 te... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-with-limited-access-laptop-windows-vista.1077453/
Relevancy 70.09%

After booting up my computer, I could not access the internet through my home wireless network that i was able to do the day before. My other computers can connect to the internet. I have tried multiple system restores but they have all ended up in unspecified errors. Pinging yahoo.com gives me error 1231.

*Edit
Tried a system restore in safe mode, solved my problem and worked ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-with-limited-activity-cant-access-internet.1033555/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I don't know if this problem should be in this forum or the one for Vista as it involves computers- a desktop with XP and laptops with Vista Anyway on the desktop I tried to set up a network so that the laptops could be connected to the printer upstairs which 'Connected with network - [SOLVED] limited access' Wireless is attached to the desktop All of the computers involved were [SOLVED] Wireless network - 'Connected with limited access' already connected to the internet and fine So I first set [SOLVED] Wireless network - 'Connected with limited access' up a home network then thought it might not be right so set up a wireless network too by clicking the links shown below and following all the steps- and when I had to plug in a memory stick the desktop I did that then plugged it into the BT Home Hub then both the laptops then back to the desktop again So I thought wahoo all done Then when I went to my laptop I found it wasn't connected to the internet Instead it said something like 'Connected to BT HomeHub ' Excellent connection Connected with limited access' I found it was the same on the other laptop Both laptops now can't access the internet Note that when I followed the steps to set up a network on the desktop it was on an account that had it's internet access limited by the BT Yahoo Parental Controls where you have to sign in to access the internet I don't know if this is relevant So what I want to do now is scrap the whole 'home network' idea It was just going to be an added bonus but now it's stopped the internet access from both laptops it's still fine on the desktop Is there a way I can delete it or something or just remove the settings or w e I think I've mentioned everything Sorry if it's a bit lengthy I just tried to give an overall view- if you still need information please ask me for it

A:[SOLVED] Wireless network - 'Connected with limited access'

The fact that you were on a limited account may be the problem. I don't know anything about Vista, but I'd try setting up the network connections when you're in a full access account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-network-connected-with-limited-access-182617.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I use a laptop and recently the wifi has stopped working for me. I can still connect completely but it says with "limited access," which results in me being unable to access the internet at all. The rest of the computers in the house work fine on the wifi and I double-checked the securtiy settings (WAP2 and all that) and it seems fine. What can I do? Tethering to my phone allows me to get on the internet and the computer connects successfully, but no websites will load whatsoever.

Relevancy 69.23%

Recently I pulled a dell dimension 5150 out of my basement, dusted it off and got it running again with xp sp2 (I only had the installation disk for that one). With one exception. I'm using an Ethernet cable going directly to my router and it says that I'm connected to 1394 at 400.0 Mbps (which I found to be rather surprising) but I cant activate my windows (I wiped the hard drive and re-installed) or access internet explorer so that I can get chrome. If you need any other information please let me know. I am currently posting this from my current computer which has wireless and is working fine.

EDIT: I am posting this from my current computer which has wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-ethernet-connected-but-i-cant-access-the-internet.199726/
Relevancy 69.23%

Just recently my HP ProBook s running Windows -bit has had trouble connecting to the internet through WiFi I ve been reading into it ProBook limited HP Solved: comes connected up access. but WiFi 4520s and looking around the net but to no avail It shows my home network and connects but with limited access no access to the net in my case I did a system restore in hopes that it would fix the problem and I got access for all of seconds Solved: HP ProBook 4520s WiFi comes up connected but limited access. before it went back to limited connectivity I manually updated the network card drivers and still nothing It s leading me to believe that its my router blocking access Netgear WNDR I haven t had a problem up until recently and its only with the laptop My desktop PC game consoles and television can all still access the internet with the desktop connecting through WiFi as well I checked the router logs and noticed several DoS attacks and was thinking this may have something to do with it and possibly laptop being infected DoS Attack ACK Scan from source port Wednesday May DoS Attack FIN Scan from source port Wednesday May DoS Attack RST Scan from source port Tuesday May DoS Attack RST Scan from source port Monday May DoS Attack RST Scan from source port Monday May DoS Attack RST Scan from source port Sunday May Click to expand Here s network information from ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Bryan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bryan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -EC-D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address -F -A -EC-D - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - C-C -DE-FC-ED-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap EDA FF-AF A- C - DCA- A DC F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A- CE - BDE- E - CBDE F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BD BEE - EF- A-B D - CAB AF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Bryan gt Click to expand The laptop is mostly used for school minor a v editing and browsing the net I ve been trying to figure it out and hoped to figure it out myself rather embarrassing since I just started school for computer networking haha but I feel like I m going in circles and hoping to not have to do a fresh install of Windows If any other information is needed I ll get it up as soon as possible keep feeling like I m forgetting something Thanks in advance for any help with this situation -Bryan nbsp

A:Solved: HP ProBook 4520s WiFi comes up connected but limited access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-probook-4520s-wifi-comes-up-connected-but-limited-access.995091/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have Vista Home Premium SP -bit HP Pavilion dv notebook I can access internet using wired connection network cable but cannot access using wireless connection My router is fine because I am able to access internet using the same wireless router from another computer This problem existed for a long time but I need this to be fixed as I need to use this HP notebook to access internet using wireless connection It says connected with limited access but there is no problem connected limited access with Vista - wireless connection internet Here is what ipconfig all shows Vista wireless connection problem - connected with limited access Please help Thanks Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Vista wireless connection problem - connected with limited access All rights reserved C Users JayDas gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JayDas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - B- -C - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EC -AED - D F- C - D C F br FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users JayDas gt nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

The little icon on the bottom right corner pc says internet access but i cant connect at all. The modem is connected to the router. I set up the wireless connection and no internet access on my wireless tablet. Sometimes the little right corner pc shows limited connectivity. Any idea whats wrong? It was fine a few hours ago.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40504-laptop-connected-ethernet-cable-but-cant-access.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I Connected internet but ethernet access through no cable will try to explain my situation as best I could I have a desktop running windows XP Professional Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access x SP and my network adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller The desktop is connected to the network with an ethernet cable Here is my problem Up until yesterday the internet connectivity just stopped working I am seeing a very low number of received Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access packets as opposed to the high number when it was working It is showing that it is connected to the network but I still can t access the internet Also I should mention that the desktop is at work and it is connected to a DHCP server that assigns IP addresses I have updated all the drivers and I have used Winsock Fix and Netsh but it still isn t working However the weird thing is that if assign a static IP address to it it works But I can t do this because I am not suppose to hook it up to the ports assigned to the switch for static IP s It has to be connected to the DHCP switch Why does it work when assigned a static but not if it gets an IP assigned by the DHCP server or switch Also even if I try to reset renew or release the IP when I connect again it still gives me the same IP It wont change Sorry if i m not explaining too well Again this is why i m asking for help i m not too good with these things TIA to anyone and everyone who can give me any ideas I ll try them all and i ll post back if it helps Thanks again nbsp

A:Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access

Make sure the following services are Started (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services).

DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-through-ethernet-cable-but-no-internet-access.1056583/
Relevancy 67.94%

Laptop less than 3 years old.Cant connect to Eir network without using the Ethernet connecting cable connected from modem to laptop.Once every few days it will connect for a few minutes without that cable conncted,but network connection then drops out .Battery always charged.Wi-Fi light on top of keybord always comes on blue light.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-access-internet-when-yellow-Ethernet-cable-connected/td-p/5834176
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm using a MBP mid 2012 15-inch non-retina running Windows 7 through BootCamp.
I decided to update my installation to the SP1 and hence installed a few Windows essential updates. After the update, I realized that my WiFi failed to connect to any hotspot, although all were present in the connection selection dialogue in the system tray. On clicking connect on any SSID, it takes around 30 seconds and then says "Connection unsuccessful , Limited connectivity to **** "
Also, neither connecting an ethernet cable nor USB tethering from my Android phone seem to work. Any help?
I've tried installing the latest BootCamp Support software, tried uninstalling and deleting existing ethernet and wireless adapter drivers

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Running OS X 10.8.3 and BootCamp 5

EDIT: I have manually update both the ethernet and WLAN drivers, to no avail

A:Windows 7 SP1 WiFi Fails "Limited Access/Not Connected" after update

Please complete so our BSOD Team can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378743-windows-7-sp1-wifi-fails-limited-access-not-connected-after-update.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys and girls have a problem with a friends laptop and i need your help because ive run out of ideas and i dont like formatting unless i have tried as much as i can too rectify the problem and im close to losing the rest of my hair so the problem started with the normal Solved: limited unidentified but connected. network, connected not connectivity, limited connectivity i was given the laptop and tried to rectify the problem using ip resets renew Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected. release ipvc reset winsock reset and it wouldnt budge if i leave the ipv settings to automatic it will not display the ssid of the router it will connect to it but display unidentified network if i enter the ip address dns e t c then it will display the router but it will still not connect to the internet i have tried updating drivers removing all drivers and letting windows rediscover and install driver i have also tried installing an internet dongle the laptop will pickup the dongle install the software but then display no connection i then tried installing a belkin wirless adapter but since the software is only up to vista i dont believe it has worked everything installed ok but still will not connect to the internet i am also finding out that it is not getting proxy details either and on occasions i will get limited connectivity or the adapter will refuse to connect to the router i have run xirrus wifi inspector on both my laptop working and his laptop not working the signal strength runs from about - db too - db which is strong enough but the automatic ip address differ alot according too xirrus these are the results My Ip My DNs my gateway His IP His DNs N a his Gateway N a his ipconfig all Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - A- D- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - C- - E- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ad a f e ce Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -E -F - D- - A- D- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A D E- - C- - E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E D- B - C - C - EF ACEEACD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B - B F- - -AEF B BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DC - - A C-AF - AC D... Read more

A:Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-connectivity-unidentified-network-connected-but-not-connected.1074225/
Relevancy 61.92%

My brother has a laptop that he got a few weeks ago I bought a Belkin Wireless-N router model number F D - Setup was fast and easy Everything connected fine from my gaming PC in my room via wired and wireless to the home office PC via wired to his Yet problem with "Connected another Access" Limited laptop via wireless to my cell phone via WiFi to the Wii Then last night he lost connection and now everytime he tries to get connected to my network it says quot Connected with Limited Access quot Tried wired and no luck as well Yet another "Connected with Limited Access" problem Deleted both the wireless and ethernet drivers and reinstalled No luck Reset Yet another "Connected with Limited Access" problem my router Still nothing Anyone know Yet another "Connected with Limited Access" problem what I can do I can't even connect his laptop via wired or wireless to check amp d l Windows Update to see He has SP Vista Home Premium Bit on it as a OS My gaming comp is connected to the same router and I can connect via ethernet cable and wireless modem no problem and I have Vista Home Premium Bit In fact everything is connected but his laptop now Diagnose and repair only says either driver hardware related or Internet Protocol and Help please Thanks

A:Yet another "Connected with Limited Access" problem

Hi Sirsaechao,

Delete the wireless profile from the Network & Sharing Center then reboot, Try reconnecting again and it should work.

Let me know.

Cheers
Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/159676-yet-another-connected-limited-access-problem.html
Relevancy 61.92%

i have del inspiron n7010.less then a year old.it was working fine then my connection just dropped out.my wireless network says connected burt says limited access.the ipv4 connectivity saya no network access.i tried connecting direct to the router and also the cable modem but still won`t connect.my wifes computer works fine,i`m using it now.i was reading an email and i saw a pop up in the corner from mcaffey to allow some programme access and i said no,another one poped up after that and i also said no. i noticed it was after that that i lost connection and started having problems.when i try to ping my ip address i get destination host unreachable.i also tried system restore to an earlier date and that did not help.any suggestions?thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connected-but-says-limited-access.992537/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Apologies for this query returning but I ve honestly tried everything I can find including information on this site Basically I am unable to connect to any WiFi networks fully I always get the quot Connected with limited access quot description The thing that confuses me most is that it "Connected limited with access" used to work fine and I haven t changed anything "Connected with limited access" on the system except maybe some automatic Windows Updates have been downloaded "Connected with limited access" I tried to download a hotfix for the problem but it wasn t suitable for my system Any help would be appreciated Here s a copy of my ipconfig C Windows system gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c cf Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Please let me know if there s any other information I can provide Thanking you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I've kept getting limited connectivity on Ethernet for my laptop in my home and it also takes a while for it to recognize the wired connection. Ive tried reinstalling the drivers for it which does not help and I've checked in cmd config and there is a physical address under the ethernet adapter so I'm not sure why its having this issue all of the sudden.

The same ethernet cord has no issues connecting to my desktop and I did not change any settings on the router or laptop before this occured

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73344-limited-connectivity-ethernet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there people. I don't know if this was posted and solved way back then but I'm having this problem on my ethernet adapter. My connection just went 'limited connection' but I can browse and download on the web with ease. Also, my metro apps like mail, and news, facebook does not update, and also it's live tiles. Windows store app says it can't connect to the internet.

I'm using an Nvidia nForce ethernet built in an Asrock n68c-s ucc motherboard.
I tried to find updates for this nvidia nforce but managed to get only for windows 7. so installed it, and nothing happens. please help. thanks.

A:Limited Connection on Ethernet

There is a link to a Marvell Driver for NForce LAN - not the same M/B as you but it might be worth checking out the link -

Nvidia nForce4 Network driver for windows 8 [Solved] - Drivers - Windows 8

Marvell - Support - Driver Downloads

Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34881-limited-connection-ethernet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi to all,
got a problem for some time and can't find a solution...

I think everybody knows about the problem with windows 8.1 at laptops with the limited ethernet (wifi), so I have the same problem on my PC and I cant find a cure...

Someone, any advices? Coz of this I cant loggin to my windows store and have problems with connection...

A:Limited Ethernet at PC (no the WIFI)!

Do not know what problems you are talking about with limited wifi & windows 8.x.x. Majority of the issues are Router/Gateway related.

It helps to know the mfg & model of your router/gateway, and spec's on the laptop. Use Speccy so you can upload system info on here, from the URL it gives you after it inspects your system. Speccy - System Information - Free Download

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56523-limited-ethernet-pc-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Problem - I cannot at all connect to the internet.
Details -

NETWORK
Connections is Ethernet Limited.

HARDWARE
positive that adapter router modem works.
Already installed network drivers (REaltek LAN Drivers, windows 8 64 bit)- GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket FM2+ - GA-F2A88X-UP4 (rev. 3.0)

ipconfig all-

Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet

Tunnel adapter isatap

Tunnel adapter Teredo

Tunnel adapter isatap
Where Autoconfiguration IPv4 address in VMware adapters are 169.254.248.31 & 169.254.196.141

A:Limited Ethernet- No Connection

Originally Posted by Labber

Problem - I cannot at all connect to the internet.
Details -

NETWORK
Connections is Ethernet Limited.

HARDWARE
positive that adapter router modem works.
Already installed network drivers (REaltek LAN Drivers, windows 8 64 bit)- GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket FM2+ - GA-F2A88X-UP4 (rev. 3.0)

ipconfig all-

Tunnel adapter isatap

Tunnel adapter Teredo

Tunnel adapter isatap

Where Autoconfiguration IPv4 address in VMware adapters are 169.254.248.31 & 169.254.196.141

If you can post the ipconfig/all it might help. Need to type or paste that into an elevated command prompt.

The auto address indicates that you can see the router but aren't picking up an IP from it.

The VMware may be problematic here depending on a few things. What are you using it for?

Have you tried to reset the router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36847-limited-ethernet-no-connection.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had this intermittent issue for a while now It s not more than an inconvenience but its about time i got it fixed I have a wireless HP laptop running vista and acessing the internet through a belkin router It works fine most of the time but occasionally it refuses to connect to the internet When this happens the connection link at the bottom right of screen next to limited Connected connectivity with the clock shows a yellow caution sign When i click on it it shows that i am still connected to the local network with good signal but acess is quot limited connectivity quot What i have always done to fix this is simply unplug the router let it reset then the computer automatically reconnects and the internet works fine This may last a day a week or up to a month before it re-occurs This problem has happened both in my old house and my current house It happens on both computers in the house although not necessarily at the same Connected with limited connectivity time one may work while the other doesn t It also happened on Connected with limited connectivity my old D-Link G router as well as my current Belkin G router Any ideas would be appreciated nbsp

A:Connected with limited connectivity

actually a problem with hp wireless chip. Mine does it also, but i don't unplug anything, just right click repair and mine gives a Start Wireless Service again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-with-limited-connectivity.790581/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I am currently experiencing difficulty connecting to the internet. The internet itself is fine coz my other roommates have no problem connecting to it.

Basically, I will have problem connecting to the internet when I turn my computer on. I can still connect to the internet if I connect the cable from the phone socket to my laptop but can't connect on wireless.

However after about 30min, my laptop will automatically connect to the wireless network and I will be back online.

However, once I turn my laptop off and turn it back on the next day, the same thing happens again.

Why is that????

Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

OK Can anyone please help me I have a new HP with Vista internet LIMITED connection..?? Connected but with used to work fine when was a Wired connection Connected but with LIMITED connection..?? I recently moved to a condo I have the internet downstairs I'm using a Netgear Wireless Router and my HP is upstairs so I went and got a Wirless card and set it up and everything worked I got the internet and it worked fine After Automatic updates Cuz comp was off for about a month It updated and restarted after the restart it prompted another restart witch was odd but i did it after the Restart my computer crashed windows Fixed itself on it's own and was back up in no time NOW my internet DOESN'T work I can connect to the internet with my wireless card the card and router work Fine my card finds networks in my area I can see mine and I connect to my Secured Connection and it identifies and Connects It's says I'm connected but with Limited access No matter what I do It has Limited Connection I've tried everything I kno of I even went through hours of a painful waste of time with Netgear's Tech support Here is what confuses me I can connect to the internet I can use it also I can use MY internet with my wireless card and connect and play my online games using STEAM I CAN Connected but with LIMITED connection..?? connect and Download on LimeWire I CAN connect and use ITunes but thats IT I cannot browse the Net Internet Explorer and Firefox both do not work My computer continues to say LIMITED connectivity everything works but I cannot use the internet Why is it Limited and why can I do everything but browse If anyone can please help me let me kno Should I put the Vista Disk that came with my system in and do a Windows Repair the person from Netgear said it's something wrong with IE or my computer cuz in her tests in MS-Dos i could connect to yahoo com and get replies I'm LOST and completely STUCK please help

A:Connected but with LIMITED connection..??

Try opening a command prompt (Start ---> Run--> CMD) and type the following:

Code:
netsh winsock reset
Reset your computer, let me know if it has solved your problem.

NOTE: Please, in the future, use some sort of line breaks or paragraphing. Formatting posts like you did makes it incredibly difficult to read.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/118140-connected-but-limited-connection.html
Relevancy 54.18%

What I thought was a router issue is now puzzling me. It is my sons laptop which I just reloaded with a fresh copy of Vista 32 bit to see if it was a Windows issue.

Service provider is Comcast. Running through a D-link DIR-601 router.

His roomates computer (Windows 7), Apple Iphone 4, Android phone and the Xbox all can connect just fine.

Here is the part that is puzzling me. If I plug his laptop directly into the cable modem it still shows limited connectivity. Reset the modem and still the same issue.

The same laptop hooked into my router or modem at my house (wired or wireless) has no issues at all. I am at a loss and have tried everything I have read about registry settings. The part that is confusing is with the router out of the picture it still has no access.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone know how many users are allowed to connect at the same time to network?
Win 7 allows only 20. What about Win 10??

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40644-limited-connected-users.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Tried everything on here regarding trying to connect to the internet via my router... all other laptops work on the wifi but for some reason the vista is not working it shows the strength to be excellent I have tried pretty much everything but cannot get it to work.... still says unidentified and local connection... any help gratefully received as I am trying to get this laptop up and running for my disabled mum! Thanks. Ruth

A:says connected but limited/local

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how
Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/says-connected-but-limited-local-1053610.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay I live in the dorms in college well actually they are not the dorms but overflow apartments because the dorms were full not sure if it matters but thought i should add I brought my wireless netgear router with me to wireless room access losing on to Connected dorm internet but router connected school to plug my Ps into and to Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room download certain things the school blocks on the regular wireless internet So I plug my Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room router into the jack in the room and then run wireless to my laptop and wired to my Ps I set up the router and it determined the internet connection is DHCP I set the router to obtain I P and DNS addresses dynamically and it won t work then i set it to use static addresses the address that it picked up dynamically It then works for awhile sometimes a few hours and sometimes less than an hour To get it to work again all I have to do is set it back to dynamic wait a couple minutes and move it back to static When I lose connection my playstation says its a DNS error my roommate plugs his laptop directly into the jack on the wall because he doesn t have a wireless card and he hasn t said anything about losing his connection But once i plugged him into the router he loses his connection just like me I am sure i am forgetting something important if anymore info is needed I will add Please help it is really getting annoying changing the setting on the router nbsp

A:Connected but losing internet access on wireless router connected to dorm room

If you don't use the router at all, does your Internet connection stay active?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-losing-internet-access-on-wireless-router-connected-to-dorm-room.136082/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I have the exact same situation as the one posted in this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/817221-solved-limited-no-connectivity-not.html

I tried what was posted including just a simple reboot, restarting router/computer, winsock, reset ipconfig, and none of them worked.

I'm on XP. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Relevancy 53.75%

I used a wireless connection for a couple years. I moved and now I want to use a wired connection. I am not able to connect to the internet at all with the newest(2015) Realtek driver. The only way I can get a wired connection is by rolling back the driver to previous(2013) version and change speed and duplex to 10mbps. I would like to get internet without bottlenecking myself.

I plugged the 25ft cat6 into my roommate's computer and successfully connected @ 100mbps.
Observation: When my roommates computer successfully connected, it displayed the custom network name that I set. When using the 10mbps on my computer, the network name is generic Linksys578

Any help is appreciated
My system: HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC
My Router: Linksys e1200 v2
My Adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller RTL8168
Cable: https://www.firefold.com/25ft-flat-cat6-cable

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71690-realtek-ethernet-limited-10mbps.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I used a wireless connection for a couple years. I moved and now I want to use a wired connection. I am not able to connect to the internet at all with the newest(2015) Realtek driver. The only way I can get a wired connection is by rolling back the driver to previous(2013) version and change speed and duplex to 10mbps. I would like to get internet without bottlenecking myself.

Any help is appreciated
My system: HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC
My Router: Linksys e1200 v2
My Adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller RTL8168
Cable: 25ft Flat CAT6 Ethernet Cable

A:Ethernet Adapter Limited to 10mbps

have you downloaded from here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...0/model/5319589#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-adapter-limited-to-10mbps.1158081/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi!
I get problem after I shut down computer...Windows get some updates while shut downing...day after when I want to turn on computer, Windows again get some updates and restart few times automaticly...aftet finally turn on I get this problem...

This is desktop computer, not laptop and computer is connected with cable to router.

A:Unidentified network (Limited) - Ethernet

So you're connected to your router with and ethernet cable? (I'm asking this because you only specified "cable")

Also, have you tried disabling and enabling your ethernet adapter?
If you don't know how, then go to the link below.

Enable or disable a network adapter - Windows Help

This had also happened to me when I installed a virtual machine like VirtualBox or VMware.

It could also be an outdated network driver. That's likely to be the cause.

What's your machine's name? (i.e Dell Inspiron M731R)

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69244-unidentified-network-limited-ethernet.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am not the original poster but the problem is the same Desktop is Dell running xp with action tec GT WG modem from qwest Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tilton Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No or limited connectivity limited access Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - C-F -D - B- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers This is the laptop Toshiba running vista Both computers running Norton I turned off firewall on laptop but still does not let me have use of internet I know it is just a matter of changing the properties but do not know what boxes need to be checked or unchecked It might help that you know the laptop usually uses wireless broadband from verizon through USB access device Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dreamcastle Trucking gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name limited connectivity or limited access DreamcastleT-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network limited connectivity or limited access Adapter Physical Address - F- A- - F- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b e ecfc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - D- B-AF DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FD EC B- - B- FC - EEE br B B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B- - E- AC- B br E E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DA A F- EC - F - C - AF br AD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DA A F- EC - F - C - AF br AD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B- - E- AC- B br E E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D FCA - E - F-B C- E BBC br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-spe... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

vista home connected wireless limited connectivity prem w sp new computer with existing wireless already working but having no success yet any ideas Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name yuslick-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No wireless connected limited connectivity Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - -EA- E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA- C-EF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- D-EE- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A - - E - D -AAF AC D br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A AB E - CD - C -BE E- F C br BE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C C B- E wireless connected limited connectivity - AF - C- C BD br BE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-connected-limited-connectivity-287680.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good day! my laptop (2weeks old) running windows 8.1 is connected to our home wifi, but is limited. All other devices connected can use the internet but i cant. I tried updating drivers but it still shows limited. Please urgent help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59424-hp-14-r024tx-connected-wifi-but-limited.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been unable to connect to my wireless router connected to my desktop Vista from my laptop Vista I ve updated my routers firmware to the latest one The wireless connection says quot connected with limited access quot IPv Connectivity Not Connected IPv Connectivity Not Connected Media State Enabed When i connect it says my network security key passphrase WPA-PSK not connected-limited ipv4 ipv6 and doesnt match even though infact it is correct On Command Prompt after entering quot ipconfig ipv4 and ipv6 not connected-limited quot i get Tunnel adater Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Nothing else im guessing this is where my problem has been I ve tried everything mentioned http forums techguy org networking -updated-vista-now-ipv -ipv html Maybe i should attempt some steps again to show MY results I have these under quot Network adapters quot TO Adapter yellow triangle Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter disabled Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet yellow triangle NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS I took off all day today to solve this - no joy YET After going at it all day here i am Thanks for any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I just bought a brand new computer and i am having trouble getting it to STAY connected to the wifi. It has windows 8 which i am not to keen on, and also know veery little about. It connects fine but after anywhere from 5-30 minutes it will go to limited connectivity. After this i disconnect from the wifi network and reconnect and the process starts all over again. I have tried many things in the cmd prompt as those have solved others with this or similar problems but to no avail. Also i changed the power settings not not allow the adapter to turn off. any help would be appreciated, i am starting online college in 5 days and i need a reliable internet connection. Thanks

A:Windows 8 going from connected to wifi to limited

do you have access to the router logs? , see if anything is showing when your laptop switches to limited?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32290-windows-8-going-connected-wifi-limited.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is my first post so please forgive me if I don't give all the right information.

I'm trying to connect a desktop computer running xp to the internet and I'm getting limited to no connectivity though I am connected with a Ethernet cable.

I was able to connect to the internet in safe mode but that was it.

I'm not really sure what other information you need.

A:Limited to no connectivity when connected with Ethenet

"I was able to connect to the Internet in safe mode but that was it"...
You have a program loaded that is interfering with your Internet connectivity. What antivirus/firewall are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-to-no-connectivity-when-connected-with-ethenet.169915/
Relevancy 53.32%

I bought Laptop Win less than one Connected Internet: Limited then Slow year It work fine with Internet When I brought Slow Internet: Limited then Connected it back from travel it accessed to Internet slowly with email Google in Google Chrome as well as in Internet Explore Sometime work normal sometime not responding from my email account and I must wait for a whileSometimes the home router label at the right corner showed Limited then turn to Connected It would happen On and Off First I thought the internet provider had problem at that day However all other computers in my home worked normal although slower a little bitI used Window Defender to scan but result is no either virus or spam detectedI do not know if the reason from my Ethernet provider Ethernet card or Google mail boxI doubted about my router because the router symbol at below right corner showing Limited Exclamation then Connected But I want to know if there are other reasons as virus causing the Internet Issue Thank you for your suggestions Best Truc C Nguyen

A:Slow Internet: Limited then Connected

I assume you tried turning the router off for half a minute then let it start up again.These three widely used and safe little freebies often unearth a lot:(run them in the order given)AdwCleaner:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...(blue Download button near top - not anything else on the page).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run the program. Use the "Scan" button, followed by the "Cleaning" button.Junkware Removal Tool (JRT)http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...(blue Download button near top - not anything else on the page).Download and "Save" the file somewhere. Go to the saved file then double click it to run JRT. It might appear to have stopped at times or flash the screen but sit tight until it has finished.MalwareBytes:http://filehippo.com/download_malwa...(green Download button top right - not anything else on the page)Install and Run the program but before doing its Scan go to "Settings > Detection and Protection" and put a checkmark in "Scan for rootkits". Quarantine anything it finds. Please copy/paste the logs on here. Even if the symptoms go away further checks will be necessary to ensure your computer is properly clean.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/slow-internet-limited-then-connected/1881.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello windows error - Unidentified network - limited Can Solved: network limited (ethernet) - Unidentified still connect to the WiFi Windows IP Configuration Host Name COMPUTER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address B - - F- E- E-EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- -A - Solved: Unidentified network - limited (ethernet) B- E-FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Solved: Unidentified network - limited (ethernet) IPv Address fe fd e c c c d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- - -B - - F- E- E-E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- - F- E- E-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer Wireless-N Network Adapter Physical Address B - - F- E- E-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a abfc b c bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Friday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- - -B - - F- E- E-E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ACBDB - FD- B- BA-CA C DC BE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E C- - F - C - DCC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Unidentified network - limited (ethernet)

never mind I fixed it.

I unplugged my Ethernet cable turned off my computer then turned it back on and plugged my Ethernet cable back in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unidentified-network-limited-ethernet.1127784/
Relevancy 53.32%

Lab with 14 identical computers. 11 of the 14 show limited ethernet connection. Basic internet works ok but things like accessing the internet inside word say there is no internet connection. Connections are working through Untangle server. If I connect directly to the internet the problem seems to be resolved.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34036-11-14-computers-lab-showing-limited-ethernet-connection.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello guys I recently had problems with my Ethernet internet connection I got admission in University of Cyprus and I am staying in dorms It is great here but my only problem is that I couldn t connect to the internet through Ethernet cable I Called University Apartments Technics Team and after they run some basic tests they come to conclusion that the port and the Ethernet cable was alright So I took my computer to the Computer Store because I thought that my PC was broken They told me that my PC was totally functioning my friend brought his Getaway laptop with windows Can't - limited Ethernet Connectivity Cable though connect and Can't connect though Ethernet Cable - limited Connectivity he was connected fine Fun thing is that every weekend when I go home I connect my laptop to the internet through Ethernet cable and it is working just fine And the same thing happened in the Computer Technical store But for some unknown reason the internet wouldn t connect in the Apartments I reinstalled the drivers I run ipconfing all in the CMD and the Physical Address under Ethernet was - - - - Then I run ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Without any luck I found in internet a program that is randomly changing the MAC Address of the computer but I had no luck there either But after some time I had an amazing idea And I fixed the internet connection issue for ever So I want to share this idea with you NOTE I am not a professional computer engineer so I don t know further stuff about this issue and I don t guarantee that this will work for you But it worked for me and I just want to share it with you Here it is what I have done Run CMD a You can click Windows key R and type CMD b Or you can find it from the start menu by typing CMD After CMD comes up type ipconfig all and hit ENTER A list of internet connections and it s details will pop up Assuming that you have the problem find the Ethernet adapter Ethernet line and under it you should see Physical Address - - - - - That means that you don't have an internet access I don't have - - because i fixed already the internet issue But in your condition To fix that what I did was I connected thought the Wifi to the University s WiFi RUN CMD again and type again ipconfig all This time search the line that shows details about Wireless connection My line is called Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection I think your supposed to be the same Under this line you should see Physical Adderss and digit number like F- -A - Copy that number only right click on the black section of CMD and choose MARK highlight the number and then hit ENTER to copy Open a notepad and past it there Delete the - between the numbers Now go to start Type Administrative Tools click on Settings under the search box if you are using Windows and then click on the Administrative Tools to open it Open Computer Management Open System Tools Open Device Manager Click on Network Adapters Right click on your Ethernet driver name Mine is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller And select Propertise Click on Advanced tab From the list find the Network Address Under value click the dot near the box IMPORTANT I don t know what is written in this box but for your safety copy the box s content past It In a new Notepad file and save it as Network Mac Address Backup So if for some reason this will not help you you will be able to restore the original settings NOW Final step Go to the first notepad where we copied our Wifi s MAC Address and deleted the - Copy that characters and past them into the box of your Ethernet s Driver Properties That s it Hit OK Close all unnecessary windows Now disconnect your Wi-Fi network and try to open Internet Explorer or Google Chrome After that my internet connection was working just fine

A:Can't connect though Ethernet Cable - limited Connectivity

That was a great deal of work and you described the process very well, so I'm not gonna rain on your parade and correct your misunderstanding. No worries. Network engineering is clearly not your game (right now), but you would do well as either a software tester (under a good manager) or a technical writer of some kind. Keep up the good work!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32251-cant-connect-though-ethernet-cable-limited-connectivity.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good friends, since few days that I have fiber ago I was doing my measurements and other computer and laptop and desktop and have it checked by cable ethernet.
In the notebook gives me 105 mb is windows 7 and cable directly to the router, the problem is the desktop, which is 8.1 and I do not go up30 mb with the same cable, and straight to the router.
I tried on another laptop with 8.1 and disabled antivirus and I'm also 105 mb, so the problem is on my desktop pc, I have a gigabyte card.
I boot into safe mode errors and gave me 100 mb cable in ubuntu also
I have amd catalyst center installed

A:Windows 8.1 limited bandwitch ethernet without reason

Try restoring your Control panel > Windows Firewall Setting back to default

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59784-windows-8-1-limited-bandwitch-ethernet-without-reason.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys Network Adapter as displayed in device manager Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller says this device is working properly Motherboard chipset Intel p Processor i k Windows x I m running my lan on the integrated network adapter quot Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller quot on my motherboard When I plug in the lan line directly from my router the speed on speedtest net is around Mbps i have tested on other computers and they all get around Mbps with the same line I build this new machine to play games and sank on it I am trying very hard to figure out why my LAN speed is so slow anyone have any tips I am worried it is a mother board defect but it is unlikely as I can still browse the internet and stream video I just get slower download speeds and more lag in games which defeats the purpose of building a gaming computer I have disabled my avast and my windows firewall to ethernet slow, LAN limited controller connection? test the speed I have also tried buying a wireless card Netgear N Wireless PCI Adapter and it peaks at around the same Mbps My other computers get Mbps wireless on speedtest net at the same location from the router Because both LAN and wireless seems to be caping out at Mbps could this be an indicator of some sort of internal limiter on internet speed Or even worse hardware defect I m going to get a USB wireless adapter tomorrow and test the speed A mangai to the network guru that can help me out here nbsp

A:LAN ethernet controller slow, limited connection?

If the the motherboard has the feature of being able to 'wake on lan',
then the ethernet interface is powered even when the motherboard is off.
As long as the power supply is still plugged in, then the network
interface will still be powered. This sounds ridiculous but uninstall and reinstall network drivers and - -> Completely removing power (and keep in mind there are capacitors
in the power-supply which could run the network interface for
some time even with power cord unplugged) let it sit for awhile and reboot. It's worth a shot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-ethernet-controller-slow-limited-connection.1023246/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I am currently using Verizon FiOS which is verizon s fairly new fiberobtics service It has been very good at times but has also been very problematic The main problem is the Actiontec router that they provide you with Today when i arrived home from work i hopped on the computer and realized that i did not have any connection at Limited Connection Wall in from Ethernet Directly No all I restarted the router rebooted the computer took all the steps multiple times and nothing was working Therefore i called up verizon Limited No Connection from Ethernet Directly in Wall and they made me do the same procedures and no outcome They then told me that it was a router problem and that they would be shipping me a new one in days But in the mean time i will be able to plug my computer s ethernet directly in the wall That worked without a problem on my computer in my office But the computer in the other room when plugged in directly receives the limited or no connection status I have reinstalled uninstalled drivers took out plugs restarted computer and other similar methods But nothing seems to work Just as a note i am only plugging in one ethernet at a time as that is all the jack has and when i switch to other computer it continues to work perfectly Thanks for your time and help nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

hi all i am at my wits end my computer an HP Pavilion dv does not seem to be able to connect to the internet in either the wireless or ethernet-connected mode looking on the internet i tried to do an ipconfig release then ipconfig renew but when i tried the renew ethernet or connectivity either laptop,using for wireless limited i got the message quot no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media disconnected quot i searched this error message on the forum and since every case seems to be different limited connectivity for laptop,using either wireless or ethernet and requires posting of the ipconfig all command here goes mine ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - CF- ABC-A D - CC br Physical ... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I m having issues with or no ethernet using but can LAN connectivity via connect WiFi Limited my modem Anyways the problem started when I purchased a Linksys Wrt G Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi router I was connecting to the internet using LAN ethernet okay I tried setting up a wifi connection in my home Limited or no connectivity using LAN ethernet but can connect via WiFi using the linksys wrt g router Everything was working fine until after two days when I suddenly can t connect to the internet on my linksys I tried to directly connect my modem through the ethernet to check if the problem was with my ISP LAN says limited or no connectivity I tried plugging the modem through my laptop I found out that my laptop can connect to the internet using ethernet so the problem was not with my ISP I had to reset my linksys router and set it up all over again Wifi connection was okay again After three days I can t get any connection again I tried directly connecting the modem again to my laptop to check but my laptop says limited or no connectivity I tried connecting directly to the ethernet on my PC it says limited or no connectivity again I tried resetting the Linksys router again and set up my connection again hoping against hope and miraculously I was able to connect Now there seems to be a problem with my LAN connections both on my PC and laptop and it seems that only my linksys router can communicate with my modem everytime I had to do a reset I tried reseting tcp stack etc But my LAN connection is still limited or no connectivity Any help would be appreciated BTW my modem is a motorola surfboard modem nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
My name is Jayson. I have come here in the hopes that someone can provide some help. I am using a dell laptop with windows xp. My laptop is connected to the modem with a cable however an icon always indicate limited or no connectivity. My wireless connection has a low signal though. I suspect it might be some malware or virus which may have affected my etherport. I have re-installed the etherport drivers but the problem still persists. Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks

Jayson

A:Internet Limited or No Connectivity when connected with cable

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/541321 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541321/internet-limited-or-no-connectivity-when-connected-with-cable/
Relevancy 52.89%

i just bought a dell xt2 on ebay it came with windows 8 pro. my problem is that it goes into limited connection every ten minutes, even when i am next to the router. the error i get when i trouble shoot is the Default gateway is not avaible. let me know if you need any more info.<br>

A:Wifi on my dell xt2 goes from connected to limited connect

update.
my home router is verizon i think the security is wpa personal.

no issues on my school's network, and my hotspot which uses wpa2 (might be one) it foxfi. th

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20244-wifi-my-dell-xt2-goes-connected-limited-connect.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have one computer and a laptop, and on the computer we can use the internet fine. but on the laptop, when we hit connect to and it connects it says we have limited acess and then when i try to browse the internet it wont let me! please help me! and im a teenager, so try to simplify it for me b/c i dont know much about computers.

thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261726-my-laptop-says-i-have-limited-acess-says-im-connected-but-i-cant-browse-web.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My internet connection is strong, all 5 bars. Randomly though, the connection will be dropped down to Limited Connectivity. Once I disconnect, then reconnect, the internet connection is fine. I can continue browsing with full signal strength. A few minutes later, it's been dropped to limited connectivity again.

We have three laptops in the house. The two Dell's we have are both dropping the internet. The HP laptop hasn't dropped once. My laptop has never had this problem on any other networks I use (I'm only home for the month from school). My parents have said that they never had this problem before on the other Dell either. The fact that the HP still hasn't dropped the connection once makes me thing it might not be the router? I have no idea. Any suggestions???

A:Internet connected, then drops to limited connectivity

Are all Machines connected by wireless

A bit contradictory really -
The HP laptop hasn't dropped once. My laptop has never had this problem on any other networks I useClick to expand...

Lets assume a PC issue as other devices are solid assuming they are connected in the same way - ie cable or wireless

I would suggest first looking at the DELL service TAG numbers on a label on the PC and using that info to goto the dell website and updating the network adapter drivers

If wireless lets see an xirrus screen shot - it maybe interference - but would expect all to drop connection

Lets also see the ipconfig /all and ping tests when its working and also when it disconnects - see below

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-then-drops-to-limited-connectivity.970653/
Relevancy 52.89%

wireless network connected but limited in vista but not able to access the internet I tried all possible solutions Here i am with ipconfig all in connected wireless network limited but vista Windows IP Configuration Host Name Giri-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E - - - B DHCP Enabled wireless network connected but limited in vista Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration wireless network connected but limited in vista IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -A -BF-B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A -C - D F- C- AF C E br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C- EB - D-BFE -BE B B AC br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C- EB - D-BFE -BE B B AC br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I connected my desktop with n300netgear -router. It was working fine until I reset it. After that I am facing this problem of not able to access internet. It shows limited or no no connectivity. But when I plug the internet cable directly to my desktop its working fine. When I connect it via router I am getting this problem. Help me. Thanks in advance.
C:\Documents and Settings\nagaraj>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : raj
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-27-0E-31-EC-29
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.145.240
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Relevancy 52.89%

hi there,
suddenly on my hp desktop i couldn't access the internet so i troubleshooted the connection and it always says " investigate router or broadband modem issues " and asks me to reset the router i did it so many times but its not effective and it always says im connected to an unidentified public network " in black color so can't be changed "
so what do i do ?
notice i have connected the same wire to a dell laptop and its says unidentified network too but when i connect the laptop in wireless works fine actually im posting this from the laptop
so if anyone got time to tell me what to do that would be much appreciated

A:connected to a public network with a limited connection

Try looking at the following document (a Win7 forum tutorials) and go through the steps in the document to troubleshoot:

Internet Troubleshooting Guide

Note this website features uncountable numbers of tutorials that deal with troubleshooting and use of Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279834-connected-public-network-limited-connection.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am unable to connect to the internet through ethernet, it says unidentified network. I have tried searching this problem and trying the solutions suggested all of which do not work, This is the first time i have booted up this computer after i brought it out of storage and did a system reset. Please help

A:Unidentified network acess: limited connecticity on ethernet

I saw other posts where people wanted to see results from ipconfig /all so here that is

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-acess-limited-connecticity-on-ethernet.1171319/
Relevancy 52.46%

Evening folks I ve had Connectivity using connection ethernet?? Limited wireless, using full a look around at similar posts with my problem but to no avail I can connect to the internet using my ethernet cable but when I try to connect wirelessly it says limited connectivity A friend suggested I Limited Connectivity using wireless, full connection using ethernet?? download winsockxpfix and I tried that but again to no avail I ve tried the suggestions on windows support Limited Connectivity using wireless, full connection using ethernet?? and the usual disconnect delete amp try to reconnect but I guess that s quite a primitive approach Any suggestions All the best Dave Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Limited Connectivity using wireless, full connection using ethernet?? All rights reserved C Users Dave gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dave-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - A- - - F- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - - - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd e b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description isatap lan Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b ab c f feae Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ab c f feae Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC F E-D E- D F- C-CA br BC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Dave gt nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity using wireless, full connection using ethernet??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-using-wireless-full-connection-using-ethernet.1036248/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All,

I just found this site during a google search and i was hoping one you guys would be able to help me. I have Windows Vista and I use Comcast cable for my internet. I haven't had a problem until two weeks ago with getting access but lately its been showing the yellow caution sign and saying limited connectivity. I have tried unplugging router and waiting and plugging back in etc but no luck. The USB cord shows green blinking light which i though meant i had a good connection. I am not very educated with computers. Can someone guide me through and help me?

A:Limited connectivity/Yellow Caution sign when connected

Hi -

Have you installed all your drivers? If not, what's your PC's model and router's model?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limited-connectivity-yellow-caution-sign-when-connected-377946.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Summary of what I want Home network with internet connectivity for computers Host laptop computer connected directly to Comcast and use wireless cards in both laptops to set up an ad-hoc network where use Internet Connection Sharing to share internet to second laptop Basically so both computers can be on the internet until we buy a wireless Laptops ad hoc.. university limited connected client sites to 2 router eventually or in the future when I want host computer still hard-wired for faster connection Situation I have Summary Can only see 2 Laptops connected ad hoc.. client limited to university sites internt sites affiliated with university where sometimes client computer is used Details Host XP PC connected by ethernet wire to Comcast cable internet and everything works on the host computer as far as internet still Client connects to host via the wireless cards on ad-hoc network and it can only go to internet sites associated with a large university system where my wife owner of client laptop works and where the client computer will continue to be used occaisionally via ethernet cable to their network It is not cached pages because my wife is able to check university e-mail from home on the client computer And as this is a large university system it still works from multiple campus sites in multiple cities far away But things like google or yahoo time out It happens in both IE and Firefox I have looked for proxy settings in both browsers on the laptop and see nothing I have tried with both client and host firewalls off and with host one only on My wife said that it did take her dealing with University IT people to get her laptop to work at the university but she does not recall any of settings they had her tweak to get it work Their building is not wireless yet so it has to be ethernet cable Question Clearly the as-hoc connection works and the something is able to get through because all the university internet sites work but where should 2 Laptops connected ad hoc.. client limited to university sites I look to find something limiting it 2 Laptops connected ad hoc.. client limited to university sites to universtiy sites When I get back on the ad-hoc network at home I plan to verify the client can ping the university sites it accesses but I assume that is obvious it can Clearly the problem has nothing to do with Comcast because I would imagine client would be limited to Comcast stuff if that was the case And host computer works just fine all over internet I also assume once I found the limiting factor I would be able to tell wife how to change settings back so she can use laptop at the university as well It just seems like I am so close to having internet access on client computer if it works on University-affiliated sites at home nbsp

A:2 Laptops connected ad hoc.. client limited to university sites

Sorry, but your explanation leaves things unclear to me.
It appears you are just not setup properly at home, but are at work...
You have two laptops at home connected to one ComCast cable modem?
Tell us a bit more of what equipment you have, and detail with words instead of ad-hoc, as-hoc, it, client computer, host computer, network at home, etc. including a re-statement of the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-laptops-connected-ad-hoc-client-limited-to-university-sites.76346/
Relevancy 52.46%

Summary of what I want Home network with internet connectivity for computers Host laptop computer connected directly to Comcast cable modem and use wireless cards in both laptops to set up an ad-hoc network where use Internet Connection Sharing to share internet to second laptop Basically so both computers can be on the internet until we buy a wireless router eventually or in the future when I want host computer still hard-wired for faster connection Situation I have Summary Can only see internt sites affiliated with university where sometimes client computer is used Details Host XP PC connected by ethernet wire to Comcast cable internet and everything works on the host computer as far as internet still Client connects to host via the wireless sites university connected Laptops 2 client hoc.. to limited ad cards on ad-hoc network and it can only go to internet sites associated with a large university system where my wife owner of 2 Laptops connected ad hoc.. client limited to university sites client laptop works and where the client computer will continue to be used occaisionally via ethernet cable to their network It is not cached pages because my wife is able to check university 2 Laptops connected ad hoc.. client limited to university sites e-mail from home on the client computer And as this is a large university system it still works from multiple campus sites in multiple cities far away But things like google or yahoo time out It happens in both IE and Firefox I have looked for proxy settings in both browsers on the laptop and see nothing I have tried with both client and host firewalls off and with host one only on All security WEP on the ad-hoc is disabled until I get this working I am using autmoatic DHCP My wife said that it did take her dealing with University IT people to get her laptop to work at the university but she does not recall any of settings they had her tweak to get it work Their building is not wireless yet so it has to be ethernet cable Question Clearly the as-hoc connection works and the something is able to get through because all the university internet sites work but where should I look to find something limiting it to universtiy sites When I get back on the ad-hoc network at home I plan to verify the client can ping the university sites it accesses but I assume that is obvious it can Clearly the problem has nothing to do with Comcast because I would imagine client would be limited to Comcast stuff if that was the case And host computer works just fine all over internet I also assume once I found the limiting factor I would be able to tell wife how to change settings back so she can use laptop at the university as well It just seems like I am so close to having internet access on client computer if it works on University-affiliated sites at home nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I don t know how but all of a sudden I faced this issue whereby when connected through modem directly I am getting limited using when Phone through or Connectivity no modem, Limited connected getting Adapter. or no connectivity and Limited or no Connectivity when using modem, getting connected through Phone Adapter. can t acces interent However when connected through Phone adapter Internet cable to modem-- gt modem-- gt phone adapter-- gt computer I am getting good connection Don t knwo what went wrong but now I want my laptop to get directly connected through modem pls help I tried manually setting the IP address I ran ipconfig when connected through Limited or no Connectivity when using modem, getting connected through Phone Adapter. phone adapter that is when I was connected copied the ip address default gateway subnet mask and connection suffix and then changed the setup by connecting laptop directly to Modem then manually assigned the ip address default gateway subnet mask and connection suffix obtained from above steps but this also didn t help I have a windows XP but don t know if it has SP I never applied any patch How to know if its SP or not if that is the cause of the problem Modem Mdel Motorola SB IPCONFIG ALL says following Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ajay Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd va comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd va comcast net Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -B - E- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday August PM Lease Expires Saturday August P M Pls help Thanks nbsp

A:Limited or no Connectivity when using modem, getting connected through Phone Adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-when-using-modem-getting-connected-through-phone-adapter.608251/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, i'm on vacation at a relatives house, have my laptop and need to use internet on it. They have a single desktop computer with internet (no router) via cable modem.

So i tried unplugging the ethernet cord out of their desktop LAN adapter and plugging it into my laptop's, but when it tries to connect it gives "limited or no connectivity"

the service is comcast. Any ideas?

A:limited or no connectivity when connecting ethernet cable at friends house, help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-when-connecting-ethernet-cable-at-friends-house-help.520508/