Windows Support Forum

Need help opening audio control

Q: Need help opening audio control

I can't open the Control Panel on my XP computer, so I need to find a way to open the audio control. I know (or I think) it's located on windows/system32 but I don't know the name of it, can someone help me?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help opening audio control

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need help opening audio control

You need to reinstall the sound driver. What is your computer a desktop or a laptop? What type of sound do you have? On-board sound (motherboard) or a PCI sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-opening-audio-control.98484/
Relevancy 51.17%

When I touch the compacitive on-screen buttons they work for toggling the monitor input back and forth from HDMI to PC and for brightness controls, but the audio doesn't budge.  It's controllable in the software but it is annoying.  Hitting volume up/down doesn't budge it.  It's not the end of the world....kind of a bitter reminder to not buy all-in-one systems from companies like HP, Dell, Lenovo...etc.
I uninstalled the OSD driver, downloaded it from Dell, installed it again with no change.  What's strange is regardless of whether or not Windows 7 or Linux the issue is there with no change.
I feel like this issue is stuck in whatever preconfigured all-in-one hardware or bios as it seems to be OS agnostic.
Does anyone have any suggestions?  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993738
Relevancy 51.17%

DTS Audio Control Panel Audio Enhancements dont stay off. I turned them off, but when i restart the music sounds like it has re-enabled the enhancments, although when i open the DTS Control Panel it is still unchecked. I know its on because then I tick the check box the sound quality does not change, but when I untick it it changes again. This happens everytime i restart. I would like it if the Audio Enhancements stay off. Its frustrating to check uncheck the box everytime i restart the laptop. Thank You!

A:DTS Audio Control Panel Audio Enhancements dont stay off

Hi @GX9 ,Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre 360x and issues with  DTS Audio Control Panel Audio Enhancements not staying off. When the system restarts it loads default settings for hardware. I would uninstall the  DTS Audio Control Panel Audio Software from Programs and Features to see if this helps you out. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/DTS-Audio-Control-Panel-Audio-Enhancements-dont-stay-off/td-p/5096413
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,
I have a laptop with Windows 7 ultimate.All I did was I used an infected pendrive.Still I can't open my control panel.I googled a lot,I edited registry,I updated my AVG antivirus did a full scan,I installed malware bytes,I did what all I should.All of my works went in vain.So what can I do to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance......

Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I attempt to open the Control Panel, explorer.exe restarts... What do I do??

A:My control panel isn't opening.

Hi

Can you open Task manager, Regedit and MSconfig ?. If not, it will be a malware infection which block these tools. Download "Malwarebytes free" and run a full scan of your system. It will remove any infections and fix the modified registry entries automatically.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494094/my-control-panel-isnt-opening/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have vista home edition 32 bits. My control panel doesn't open. A screen opens then closes. I also can't get to the properties from right clicking my computer. I can't update windows. Any suggestions?

A:Control Panel not opening

I have vista home edition 32 bits. My [COLOR=blue! important]control [COLOR=blue! important]panel[/color] doesn't open. A screen opens then closes. I also can't get to the properties from right clicking my computer. I can't update windows. Any suggestions?[/color]

I have experienced this same problem in the past with Vista 64 and Vista 32 Bit. The bizarre thing is it would happen right after defragging.

With SP1/RC I have not experienced this problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/117458-control-panel-not-opening.html
Relevancy 48.16%

when i m opening control panel from start menu as a link, i get an error everytime from Explorer.EXE- "This file does not have a programe associated with it for performing this action. Please install a programe or, if one is already installed, creat an association in the Default Programe control panel." , But as a menu it opens. Can anyone suggest me how can i fix this problem? I also tried to solve this problem by making another user account, or by using system restore point, but problem is not solved.

A:control panel is not opening

Hello Abhay, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if using the EXE download in the tutorial below may be able to help.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

If not, then you can do a repair install to fix this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/63594-control-panel-not-opening.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have updated to the latest ATI drivers on this page below for my GFX card. The drivers installed okay. However, I'm no having a problem with catalyst control centre not opening I have removed the drivers and used Driver Sweeper in safe mode and reinstalled the the drivers and catalyst control centre again but this has not worked. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

many thanks

A:ATI Catalyst Control Centre Not Opening

Link:

ATI Radeon

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/132414-ati-catalyst-control-centre-not-opening.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer is having a massive fit!

ive got another thread open about my printer not working and now my control pannel isnt working and neither is "my computer >> properties".
i've tried going into "run" and typing CONTROL but it just loads the control pannel with no icons at all then quits.

my computer is brand new just a few months new!!
my specs again

Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
2046MB RAM

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a major problem with my machine, a virus scan w/ AVG comes up clean, but Adaware freezes on "shareddlls". I cannot open zips or any folders from my desk top, so I can't run HijackThis. When trying to open IE or any folders from my desktop I get the hourglass for a few secs, then it quits.

I cannot open:
Internet Explorer
Any folders or zips
Search
Control Panel
Outlook Express
Recycle Bin
Pro Tools

I can open:
Mozilla Firefox
Jpegs
AVG virus scan
Word
PDFs

Thanks in advance.

A:IE, Control Panel, Search not opening

Hi choppervon, welcome to TSF..

do you have more functionality from Safe Mode? If yes, you could try a System Restore to a point when all was well.

Can you think of anything which may have triggered the problem such as any particular downloads or installations?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie-control-panel-search-not-opening-155036.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hey, everytime i open control panel i always get a windows error preventing me from opening applications in control panel

any ideas how i can stop seeing the error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-opening-control-panel.603183/
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop has been lying around for general family use for and opening... Panel Control entourage not a year or two now and pretty much no windows updates have been loaded In Control Panel and entourage not opening... the past few days alone I have probably installed close to a hundred I noticed there was a problem when trying to play Age of Empires online with a mate but we had loads of problems all being solved but eventually ending up with my trying to check Windows Firewall on my computor Firewall will not open citing MMC could not create the snap-in Name Windows Firewall with Control Panel and entourage not opening... Advanced Security CLSID FX bo ac- -be - a cbb cbe I have tried using Tuneup utilites mcafee and installing updates but so far no luck Also control panel will not open It flashes for a second before dissappearing Windows Updates will not open either I went onto control panel via Start Computer and looked on the left drop down list there is no windows firewall I feel like something dasterdly is going on Can anyone make heads or tails of this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/control-panel-and-entourage-not-opening-508961.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello!

Almost a week ago I managed to spill water on my keyboard. Some buttons stopped working like space bar which is understandable, other buttons also come with numbers every time I press them so it looks like this: "8h" "7g". I can live with that until I get another keyboard. The control key however opens up microsoft outlook every time I press it, which is driving me mad. At first it just didn't work, then after the water cleared it started opening outlook. I cannot fathom why it does that and was hoping some of you more tech savvy people out there might help me understand what is going. Hopefully some1 might even come up with a fix for this annoying little problem.

A:Control, key keeps opening microsoft outlook

It would help us to help you if you would complete your system spec.

You can do so via this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

There might be software installed that watches for a special "e-mail key" to be pressed. Your faulty Control key is now acting like that "e-mail key". If you remove the software (or maybe change some settings), then maybe Outlook will stop opening.

You might also want to try the Control keys that are on the On-Screen keyboard. Go to Start and type on-screen search field. That should be enough to locate the shortcut for the on-screen keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377373-control-key-keeps-opening-microsoft-outlook.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I am using a Dell Studio which came with Vista x but opening Center Control not Catalyst 10.8 I have upgraded it to have a Windows Ultimate x Now I have been using it for last months which've been great My studio has an inbuilt mobility ATI Radeon graphics processor card with MB memory Now all video operations function fine However I WANT TO INCREASE THE DIGITAL VIBRANCE OF MY LAPTOP SCREEN Cannot do that without opening some utility like - Catalyst Control center available by AMD I noticed it got installed with the latest drivers I got from amd com but the catalyst control center doesn't open I tried following icons from Programs menu - CCC Advanced - CCC Wizard - CCC - Restart Runtime NOTHING Catalyst Control Center 10.8 not opening HAPPENS shows the progress drum for one complete second and Nothing I visited Programs amp Features section in control panel many times Catalyst Control Center 10.8 not opening but Catalyst Control Center 10.8 not opening it never lists ATI drivers or Catalyst control center listed Only has a ATI Install Manager as a program in the list of all softwares in the system I don't understand why it never lists Ati drivers in that list Then I noticed this blog http www tomshardware com forum - -catalyst-control-center-problem IF you notice the bottom most post by some 'tommmm ' I did that too manually removed registry keys related to ATI and ATI technologies under User profiles and softwares both trees and also deleted those directories from ProgramData Files Then re-installed It does everything cleanly updates the driver fine but the catalyst control center still doesn't open after a restart I have updated my system to latest NET framework today only PLEASE HELP ME DIAGNOSE THIS DAMN THING I really want to increase the saturation of my monitor - every face looks pale white like vampires in twilight saga Following is some information which might be of interest to you Code ----------My system information -------------- OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name NITIN-PC System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Studio System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Nitin-PC Nitin Time Zone India Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys -----------Even below is some software information----------------- Following are the Softwares Drivers list from the windows system info utility ohci OHCI Compliant Host Controller c windows system drivers ohci sys Kernel Driver Yes Manual Running OK Normal No Yes acpi Microsoft ACPI Driver c windows system drivers acpi sys Kernel Driver Yes Boot Running OK Critical No Yes acpipmi ACPI Power Meter Driver c windows system drivers acpipmi sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No adp xx adp xx c windows system drivers adp xx sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No adpahci adpahci c windows system drivers adpahci sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No adpu adpu c windows system drivers adpu sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No afd Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock c windows system drivers afd sys Kernel Driver Yes System Running OK Normal No Yes agp Intel AGP Bus Filter c windows system drivers agp sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No aic xx aic xx c windows system drivers djsvs sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No aliide aliide c windows system drivers aliide sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Critical No No amdagp AMD AGP Bus Filter Driver c windows system drivers amdagp sys Kernel D... Read more

A:Catalyst Control Center 10.8 not opening

Hi -

Re-run DirectX Kernel Diagnostics - bottom-center of screen, "save all.." - save as text file. Attach to next post and I'll take a look.
START | type dxdiag

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/catalyst-control-center-10-8-not-opening-511037.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Finally upgraded, and when I try to open Control Panel (to change this horrible resolution) from the desktop, it won't open, and when I try from the start menu, it just closes Windows Explorer.

Also: How do I validate this copy? I have a valid Beta 2 CD Key.

A:Solved: Opening Control Panel?

go to the bottom of the page below just select some download location and signup using a hotmail a/c....ur key will be mailed to your a/c

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

i got mine immediately

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-opening-control-panel.501209/
Relevancy 47.3%

I almost always use Firefox.. But I had to use IE for something for the past few weeks in addition to firefox. I believe that my acer laptop running Vista has a (or multiple) viruses.
I just upgraded to verizon fios so it has all of its virus et el software running. Also ad-aware, and firewall.

After I open firefox, as it is opening the initial window, over 100 windows opened before I could stop it! This happened twice and I havn't used it since. I am on my kids pc & really need help as all my financial stuff (read bills) are on it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:please help - lots of windows opening out of control!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerPlease subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.Lets take a look with MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:MalwarebytesPlease rename the file BEFORE downloading to zztoy.exe instead of mbam-setup.exeMBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Double Click zztoy.exe to install the application.* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.If Malwarebytes won't install or runSome types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269607/please-help-lots-of-windows-opening-out-of-control/
Relevancy 47.3%

why in the control panel there is no content at all. after installing skin pack my laptop directly error, and can not open the uninstall program in control panel

Please Help Me

A:Error when opening the control panel

Hello Abimanyu, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could try doing a system restore using a restore point (if available) dated before you installed the skin pack to hopefully undo the damage it did.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309200-error-when-opening-control-panel.html
Relevancy 47.3%

whenever i open control panel and personalise....a dialog box appears saying that windows explorer is not working.......windows is restarting......then it closes......how do i recover my computer......and one more thing...my microsoft windows defender contains a trojan....whenever i scan...c drive it shows a trojan in windows defender....i have repaired it several times......but i m unable to delete that trojan permanently.........wat to do?????

A:control panel and personalise isn't opening

Hi and Welcome to the Forum
What are you scanning with? What Anti Virus software have you istalled and is it up to date? Did your computer come with Windows 7 Ultimate version pre-installed? If not where did your copy of Ultimate come from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287166-control-panel-personalise-isnt-opening.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks.

A:Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-control-opening-with-heavy-delay.195146/
Relevancy 46.87%

I after panel in update Java opening control not took a Java version update the other night it is working fine passing all the Pink and Dancing Duke tests When I clicked on the java icon in the control panel today and got quot java control panel system cannot find the registry key specified quot quot Hkey Local Machine software javasoft java run time enviroment quot Went to the registry and the version key it is Java not opening in control panel after update there Java not opening in control panel after update Went to WINDOWS system Javacpl cpl it still shows version there Java exe Javaaw Java not opening in control panel after update exe and Javaaws exe are all version Under Program Files java jre bin javacpl cpl control panel extension properties it is version I need the java icon in the control panel to look in the registry for version instead of from the control panel I also uininstalled and reloaded it DL JavaRa to remove all older versions To rule out a registry problem I was going to uninstall and reinstall then see what happens but thought I would pose this problem here first What do I need to change for the Java icon in the cpl to look for the right registry key nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-not-opening-in-control-panel-after-update.835126/
Relevancy 46.87%

in my pc i can't view control panel,desktop properties,time and i cant use add or remove programs if i try to open it shows the same message dialog as "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.please contact your system administrator."
what can i do to fix this problem?
please help. i had tried all anti virus for this problem but i couldn'tt fix it.

A:control panel desktop properties not opening

You need to logon using the "Administrator" account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-desktop-properties-not-opening.867852/
Relevancy 46.87%

I know everyone loves a fast mouse but this is ridiculous. When I try to manage shortcuts (links) on my desktop, in the FILE MANAGER in Windows 7, it becomes frustrating.

When I try to highlight a link to select it for multiple selecting others,using the CNTL or SHIFT key, it almost always OPENS the link in the browser. I have tried on Control Panel - Mouse, tried SLOW to FAST and it still anticipates me wanting to open the link instead of selecting it.

Any tricks I can fool my OS in slowing down to allow me to highlight a link without immediately opening it?

A:Mouse control, selecting a shortcut without opening it.

are you sure you don't have the desktop set to open items with single-click?

Use a Single Click to Open Desktop Items | gBradhopkins.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282187-mouse-control-selecting-shortcut-without-opening.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I go into my control panels and click on "Network & Internet Connections" I get an error window that says" An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\Windows\system32\netsetup.cpl " I have much trouble trying to close that box but once I do then I can continue along.

Using WIndows XP with latest updates.
Any ideas ?
Budo

A:Solved: Control Panel error when opening--

http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBS/tip9000/rh9062.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-control-panel-error-when-opening.339761/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently posted this under the Windows XP forum and the quot Am I infected quot forum Someone from quot Am I infected quot forum sent me here and is helping me but I m reposting all the data as instructed ---This is the info on my situation I am running Windows XP on a Dell Latitude E Whenever I boot my laptop Internet Explorer also boots up and starts running No visible windows pop up but I can hear the clicking sound that IE makes as 7 IE and Background Control Opening in Changing Wave I am working Sometimes an ad that you would normally find on a website starts to play However while this ad plays no internet explorer tab is actually open I m a Firefox user myself If I terminate IE in task manager it will stop the ad s sound and IE will reboot within seconds The only other symptom is that this virus seems to mess with my volume I have to go into volume control and turn up the wave control every minutes or so since something keeps sliding it down to minimum I have already tired scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SpyBot The most that any of them has caught are multiple tracking cookies which they claim to have erased I recently scanned with Norton Anti-Virus IE 7 Opening in Background and Changing Wave Control and it claims to have found problems and fixed all of them Seven of these were tracking cookies The other ten are as follows keyworq class contained threat Trojan Genuutecwv class contained threat Trojan Genappletx class contained threat Trojan Horseloaderx class contained threat Trojan Horsepayloadx class contained threat Trojan Horseappletx class contained threat Downloaderhirwfee class contained threat Trojan Horseappletx class contained threat Downloaderhieeyfc class contained threat Trojan Horsehiydcxed class contained threat Trojan HorseNorton says it has removed these but I thought I would list what they IE 7 Opening in Background and Changing Wave Control are anyway Just in case I IE 7 Opening in Background and Changing Wave Control also scanned multiple times with SUPERAntiSpyware which consistently finds everywhere from - tracking cookies on my computer per scan I have quarantined and deleted them I have checked Add Remove Programs and can find no new programs in the list I have not downloaded or installed anything recently besides this virus apparently I also checked the services list and cannot find any new services on the list On the forum where I originally posted this someone mentioned that I might be infected with a hidden variant that is allowing someone access to my computer As of PM Sunday I just had an IE window ACTUALLY pop up The site was http www news online com with the spaces indicating where the periods were originally Now at PM Sunday another window tired to pop up Site was http search actiongameinfo com rugged cpc html---My DDS log attach file are attached and here DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Annelise Thompson at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Outdated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exe svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exesvchost exesvchost exesvchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exec drivers audio r stacsv exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exesvchost exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system AESTFltr exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Dell ControlPoint exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Security Manager BcmDeviceAndTaskStatusService exeC Prog... Read more

A:IE 7 Opening in Background and Changing Wave Control

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Gmer is the best but can be hard to get a log lets try this and see what we get.Scan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadlet me have both reports pleaseGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332370/ie-7-opening-in-background-and-changing-wave-control/
Relevancy 46.87%

Firstly I would like to say I moving my out control and Mouse files opening of tried to run the dds scan but it's not working It say's dds not meant to be run in compatabilty mode when Mouse moving and opening files out of my control I try to install it google didn't help me figure out what to do here I am running window and have a wirelsee mouse Logitech M Lenovo Y P laptop I've Mouse moving and opening files out of my control had two incident now where my mouse started moving uncontrably the first one happened late at night a few weeks ago while i was doing stuff on my computer and suddenly my mouse wandered off and opened my Mouse moving and opening files out of my control budgeting spreadsheet and started cliicking on things in there it felt like someone was messing with me and trying to show me they know how much money I have pretty creepy I ran some spybot software and malware bytes when they happened and they said I was all good so I didn't know what to think and moved on I just reformated my computer a week or two before this happened mostly because I wasn't too happy with how it was running and I wanted a fresh start The incident happned again tonight I wasn't home and my girlfriend was using my computer and she said the mouse started moving around trying to close the apps she had running she got scared and shut down the computer manually The other thing to mention is that my mouse pointer turns green sometimes since I reformatted my computer a few weeks ago I have no idea why when I try to change it in the settings it tells me I am already using the defauly white settings and I can't get it to tchange back it just does so randomly Please help Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/mouse-moving-and-opening-files-out-of-my-control-1160305.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Explorer.exe quits working when I try to start control panel. I get "Windows Explorer has stopped working" then the window changes to "Windows Explorer is restarting". This is a left button click and it does not matter where I try to start control panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/179606-explorer-crashes-when-opening-control-panel.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone,

First off I'm a new user, so apologies if I do anything wrong. I've done a few searches but can't quite find what I need.

I'm trying to sort out my sister's computer for her, which has gone a bit wrong.

Computer: Acer Aspire 5338

Symptoms: Internet explorer not working (does not open, although computer thinks about it slightly before hand)
Control panel does not load (non of the icons load, and it does not respond, has to be shut down by task manager)
Same problem with the Network and Internet box
Supposedly Safari works, but I can't get it to now.

Could it be a virus? Or a complete windows failure?

Quick help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Toby

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-and-control-panel-not-opening.940335/
Relevancy 46.87%

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Res00\Avsmcpa.dll

any one know how to get rid of this annoying error window when I open the control panel ?? thanks for the help

A:Getting annoying error when opening the control panel in XP

Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
To do this, restart your computer, and then press F8 after the power-on self test (POST).
On a computer that is configured to start to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when you see the Startup menu.

When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select an option, and then press ENTER.

When the Startup menu appears again (with the words "Safe Mode" displayed in blue at the bottom), select the installation that you want to start, and then press ENTER.

Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
In the Search Companion pane, click All files and folders.
In the All or part of the file name box, type avsmcpa.cpl.
Click More Advanced Options, and then click to select the following check boxes:
Search system folders
Search hidden files and folders
Search Subfolders
Click Search.
When you have located the Avsmcpa.cpl file, right-click the file, and then click Rename.
Type avsmcpa.old to rename the file, and then press ENTER.
Close the Search Results dialog box.
Restart Windows in Normal Mode.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-annoying-error-when-opening-the-control-panel-in-xp.395929/
Relevancy 46.87%

We can open an html document in Microsoft word by either specifying Response.ContentType = "Application/msword" or by clicking "Edit in Microsoft word" on the File menu.

However, it always opens with margins set at 1.25in, and I need them to be .5in.

I have tried setting styles in my (asp.net generated) html page, I have modified my normal.dot document template, but nothing seems to affect the margins (as displayed in the "Page Setup" dialog).

I have googled this question for hours (days, really).

Do you have any idea what I could try?

Thanks in advance.

Tracy Spratt

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there,
My laptop model is Inspiron 3252. in this intel HD graphics control panel is not opening. when i open the graphic properties it shows initializing but the contents are not opening. Driver is Intel HD graphics 4000.
when i try to update it says drivers are up to date.......
plz help me with this .........

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993893
Relevancy 46.87%

When I open Control panel and then printers, the properties window will not open fully. Part of the info is cut off. There is no maximize button and I can not drag any corners. Reloaded print driver, no help. Anyone with any ideas.

A:control panel windows not opening fully

Welcome to TSG!

I'm guessing you mean that after going into Printers and Faxes, you right click your printer, and then click Properties?

Give this a try:
Right click the Desktop, click Properties
Click the Settings tab
Click the Advanced Button
On the General tab, change the DPI setting:, if it's Normal, change to Large, if Large, change to Normal.
If it's Custom setting..., click the down arrow then click Custom setting... and note the settings, then change to Normal
Click OK until you are back to the Desktop
Reboot
Repeat the process to restore your original DPI setting:

Now check Printer Properties again.

Thanks to this post by Moper for the above.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-windows-not-opening-fully.797453/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having diffiuclty opening some topics in the Control Panel. I have Window 7 64 bit os.

For example, when I click on Network and Sharing Center, there is no response. When I click on Device and printer, there is no response. When I click on display, I can open the Display window.

Prion to that I uninstall a Monitor software, MaxiVista Ver. 4.0, and when I tried to reinstall it, it will not reinstall. I am not sure whether this is a related event.

I tried to open Control Panel > Recovery > Open System Restore, and it will not open.

Thanks for your help.

WuDT

A:Having problems opening some Control Panel Topics

Welcome to Seven Forums win7wudt. I would start with running the System File Checker 1st. See if it finds and corrects any issues. It may need to be run 3 times as noted if it finds and cannot correct any problems. Report back and we can go further as necessary. This could potentially be the behavior of an infestation as well.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254135-having-problems-opening-some-control-panel-topics.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi
i have windows xp sp2 installed
from last day my computer my document any folder and control panel is not opening when i double click or explore windows shows
'explorer encounterd a problem needs to close.'message
before this problem persuing i was surfing and a error message was displaying
from security software website 'ur pc is infected download software from this site to remove this risk' it was always showing when i click any where on windows
and i accidentally click yes one time.
system restore does not working

A:my comp, my doc, any folder control panel is not opening

Try doing some antispyware scan's and a registry clean up:-
AVG FREE (www.download.com)
Regseeker (www.download.com)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-comp-my-doc-any-folder-control-panel-is-not-opening-302544.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I suffered problem in opening computer and control panel. Error comes up said remote procedure call failed and cannot execute..... explorer.exe & :{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}.

I did a sfc scannow in cmd and it said some repair of files has done and create a cbs log file.

I m wondering if i m infected or having a system problem?

My computer information:
Lenovo laptop x220i
Window 7 pro service pack 1 64 bit

A:error in opening computer and control panel

Hi Kps0812 My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595127/error-in-opening-computer-and-control-panel/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys...if anyone has the solution please let me know???

Anytime I try and open Control Panel, My Computer, My Network Places my screen will refresh but not open...

I ran a virus check but every seemed to be fine.

Please help!!

Relevancy 46.44%

This is getting frustrating. I have a computer running xp professional version 2002 with sp2. When I go to control panel, I get windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. The thing that is the most frustrating is that this only starts happening after using the pc all day. First it will error once I am in the control panel and click on something, and then after a while and even a restart I get the error when I try to open control panel. Could not find much info on this specific error sequence so I decided to post. Thanks for any info.

A:Windows explorer error when opening control panel

I went quite a while without this problem but now it is back. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-error-when-opening-control-panel-219428.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

Whenever I try to open Control Panel (Start-Settings-Control panel) I get the message "Windows cannot find ?(null)?". If I do a Start-Run-"control" it works fine. How can I check and possibly fix the shortcut to this program?

A:Get "Windows cannot find (null)" when opening Control Panel

If it opens OK with the command, it's a corrupt shortcut.
Just delete it and make a new one

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278121/get-windows-cannot-find-null-when-opening-control-panel/
Relevancy 46.44%

Since the latest 'Update' a little while ago, I cannot open the Start Menu or get to the Control Panel or even Shut the PC down and I've also lost all the Sound.

Has anyone else had these Problems?

Just before it all went wrong (Again!) I saw a flag about an 'Immersive Control Panel' which sounds like it could be the Problem?

A:Start Menu Not Opening cannot get to Control panel or even Shut Down!!

Hi, fortunately I've had no problems with the smaller updates.
Fixing that range of problems sounds as if you'll need either to:

a. restore your most recent disk image (Do you use disk imaging? If you don't, you need to to preserve the state of your PC and restore it, and your sanity). (Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect - free + external storage medium + their boot CD/USB drive).
- full backup
- restore your PC to how it was in a defined time << an in-place upgrade (option b)
- replace your HDD (larger, broken, faster..)

or
b. in place upgrade install (which allows you to keep everything bar subsequent windows updates).
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
- it also leaves System Restore off, might break 1 or 2 associations, and might need you to set up WiFi again
- needs Win 10 iso/install medium

You could try system restore, of course, if you have it enabled, and any useful restore points.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37440-start-menu-not-opening-cannot-get-control-panel-even-shut-down.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Seriously. What?

I click Control Panel. The window then opens and closes really fast! I opened/closed other folders and programs w/o this problem. It's just the CP. Restarting doesn't help.

I haven't downloaded anything suspicious lately either. This PC was just built like less than a month ago and the install was a fresh one.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: btw the same thing happens when I search for control panel in the windows menu startup thing (... what is it called?) and click the link that shows up.

A:Control Panel windows closes milliseconds after opening it...

You could have a malware problem. I sugest running a complete virus, spyware/adware scan and download HighjackThis and post your log in the security section for someone to analyize. If you need a good spy/adware program I suggest Windows Defender. It is pre installed on Vista you may have to turn it on. It will let you know when you click on it in the start menu. I hope this helps you. Please let us know how you are making out with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-windows-closes-milliseconds-after-opening-it.658902/
Relevancy 46.44%

Running win xp home, 'my documents' folder (or any other shortcut)on desktop wont open. I see the frame of the window, then the desktop disappears, then comes back to normal, but no window open. I tried to do a system restore, but the control panel wont open from the start menu. I get the same effect whenever I try to open 'my computer' and some others, but the task bar shortcuts work fine (outlook, firefox, virus scanner)
WHAT TO DO!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-desktop-folder-shortcuts-and-control-panel-not-opening.283775/
Relevancy 46.44%

Most of the time when I open up Control Panel it stops responding and then I am presented Windows Explorer crashed Control Opening Panel up with the option to find solution and restart This forces a restart of Windows Explorer Error I get is below any additional information needed please let me know Thoughts tips ideas Code Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangB Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp aebab d Hang Signature f Hang Type OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature f a e c aabb d b Opening up Control Panel crashed Windows Explorer Additional Hang Signature a Additional Hang Signature a c b ecec f f cef Additional Hang Signature c e Additional Hang Signature c e cd c f c bbc d c df c Additional Hang Signature cc Additional Hang Signature cc c e c d db befb Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Opening up Control Panel crashed Windows Explorer

Please try this: Generating a memory dump for a hung process

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126710-opening-up-control-panel-crashed-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Everytime I try to go into my control panel, a message pops up saying that windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, then it closes then comes right back on. But it still wont let me into the control panel. Can anyone help?

A:Windows Explorer Shuts Down When Opening Control Panel

Which OS are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-shuts-down-when-opening-control-panel.479235/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all, some days ago my notebook stoped open nvidia control pannel in windows 10. Tried to clean install, DDU and none of them worked. I can instal without bsod or erros. Some games i play(like csgo ) use nvidia card(120-150 fps) and some others use intel card.Someone can help me?Sorry per bad englhish(Brazilian here).

A:[PROBLEM] GT630m Not Opening nVidia Control Pannel

does it show up in control panel?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/67492-problem-gt630m-not-opening-nvidia-control-pannel.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently downloaded and subsequently removed two programs from the website www.myipodownloads.com. Now my computer shuts down and restarts when it used to just hibernate. Also, I cannot access my control panel on the computer now. I'm using Vista and I have Norton Antivirus on my computer. I'm worried that there is some kind of virus or spyware interfering with my use of the computer and possibly attacking it. Please help.

A:[SOLVED] Re: Computer Shutting down/Control Panel not opening

Deckard's System Scanner v20070905.67
Run by Doug on 2007-10-13 00:07:27
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
20: 2007-10-13 02:04:06 UTC - RP200 - Installed AdwareAlert
19: 2007-10-12 22:52:41 UTC - RP199 - Installed AVG 7.5
18: 2007-10-12 16:41:24 UTC - RP198 - Scheduled Checkpoint
17: 2007-10-11 17:07:29 UTC - RP197 - Scheduled Checkpoint
16: 2007-10-10 19:47:11 UTC - RP196 - Scheduled Checkpoint

-- First Restore Point --
1: 2007-09-27 04:00:07 UTC - RP181 - Scheduled Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

Percentage of Memory in Use: 79% (more than 75%).
Total Physical Memory: 958 MiB (1024 MiB recommended).

-- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------

Emulating logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2007-10-13 00:10:05
Platform: Windows Vista (6.00.6000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer (7.00.6000.16386)

Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert\AdwareAlert.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe
C:\Users\Doug\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\googletoolbar1user.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIN... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-re-computer-shutting-down-control-panel-not-opening-187716.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi experts Please see attached anti-virus not opening. Control Panel missing, log files Control Panel missing, anti-virus not opening. DDS Ver - - - Control Panel missing, anti-virus not opening. NTFSx Run by Home at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system tlntsvr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C WINDOWS smcfg exe C Program Files TATA Photon hsiam exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS Xplorer exe C WINDOWS System gHost exe C WINDOWS system KHATRA exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe G tsf rkill dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uWindow Title Internet Exploiter mWinlogon Taskman c recycler s- - - - - - - msdrive exe uWinlogon Shell explorer exe c recycler s- - - - - - - msdrive exe uWindows load c windows system KHATRA exe BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper ocx uRun Yahoo Pager quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet uRun cdoosoft c docume home locals temp herss exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings home local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun HSIAAccessManager c program files tata photon hsiam exe mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun SiSPower c windows system KHATRA exe mRun SiS Windows KeyHook c windows system keyhook exe mRun SiSUSBRG c windows SiSUSBrg exe mRun SMcfg smcfg exe -s mRun KTPWare c windows Xplorer exe mRun Xplorer quot c windows Xplorer exe quot Windows mExplorerRun G Host quot c windows system gHost exe quot Reproduce StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup empty lnk - c KHATRA exe uPolicies-explorer NoControlPanel x uPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Send to amp Bluetooth Device - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie ctx htm IE CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie htm IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL SERVICES DRIVERS R avgio avgio c program files avira antivir desktop avgio sys - - R AntiVirSchedulerService Avira AntiVir Scheduler c program files avira antivir desktop sched exe - - R avgntflt avgntflt c windows system drivers avgntflt sys - - R Ktp Elantech TouchPad KTP c windows system drivers Ktp sys - - S AVPsys AVPsys c windows system drivers cdaudio sys - - S ctlsb Creative SB AWE AWE Driver WDM c windows system drivers ctlsb sys - - S evudbus Epivalley R Composite Device driver WDM c windows system drivers evudbus sys - - S evuddiag Epivalley R Device Status Driver WDM c windows system drivers evuddiag sys - - S evudmdfl Epivalley R Modem Filter c windows system drivers evudmdfl sys - - S evudmdm Epivalley R Modem Driver c windows system drivers evudmdm sys - - S evudserd Epivalley R Device Status Driver WDM c windows system drivers evudserd sys - - S NPF NetGroup Packet Filter Driver c windows system drivers npf sys - - S AntiVirService Avira AntiVir Guard c program files avira antivir desktop avguard exe - - Created Last - - ----a-w- c windows msagent exe - - ----a-w- c windows Modio exe - - ----a-w- c windows Media exe - - ----a-w- c windows K Backup exe - - d-----w- c docume alluse applic Avg - - ------w- c windows system avgrsstx dll install backup - - ----a-w- c windows java exe - - ----a-w- c window... Read more

A:Control Panel missing, anti-virus not opening.

Hi there

Welcome to the TnT Forums. I'm Steve and I will be helping you thoughout this fix.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step. Please perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

Please note that I don't hear from you within three days from this initial post then thread will be closed.

I notice that you forgot to post the GMER scan results, did you have problems running the tool?

Please download and scan with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/control-panel-missing-anti-virus-not-opening-447813.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hey guys I m having a problem opening my compter and control panel I am currently running spy sweeper adaware and spybot search and destroy I also use norton system works 'my computer control Solved: probl;ems opening and panel I have included hjt log Please take a look and let me know Solved: probl;ems opening 'my computer and control panel what i should remove Thanks in advance for any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r mchsi com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - CFDEA B -FC - F - F C- BC CB EFF - C WINDOWS system addtz dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run email protected C WINDOWS SYSTEM MVO S W EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run WheelMouse C PROGRA Mouse Amoumain exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run iphd exe C WINDOWS system iphd exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM RunOnce addua exe C WINDOWS addua exe O - HKLM RunOnce winpm exe C WINDOWS winpm exe O - HKLM RunOnce atlxw exe C WINDOWS atlxw exe O - HKLM RunOnce ntqt exe C WINDOWS system ntqt exe O - HKLM RunOnce syssh exe C WINDOWS system syssh exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe nosplash O - HKCU Run b u RWYpV clerslv exe O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - HKCU Run CursorXP C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe O - HKCU Run HomeAlarm C Program Files Chameleon Clock ChamClock exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Startup Norton System Doctor LNK C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE O - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exe O - Startup Stardock ObjectDock lnk C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe O - Startup Rainlendar lnk C Program Files R... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Dell Poweredge Server running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Everytime I try to open up Control Panel, I get a Runtime error with a note that the interface is not supported and it then asks if I want to debug. I click "No" and everything looks fine. When I double-click on Add/Remove Programs, the screen opens but I cannot see the programs listed. I see an icon of the program to the left and the Change/Remove button but not the name of the program itself. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Solved: Runtime error when opening Control Panel

I had to reinstall Internet Explorer and this solved the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-runtime-error-when-opening-control-panel.489073/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. I have a problem and the issue is that when I open Control Panel and click System, Windows Explorer crashes. I have searched online and tried a few solutions but none have worked. Please help if you can. Let me know if you need any additional info from me.

Relevancy 46.01%

what should i do? does this pose any threat?

A:HELP! runtime error! c:/windows/explorer.exe when i try opening control panel

Duplicate of http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/813195-runtime-error-c-windows-explorer.html

To be closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-runtime-error-c-windows-explorer-exe-when-i-try-opening-control-panel.813202/
Relevancy 46.01%

how do i solve this problem? 0_o please help!

A:runtime error! c:/windows/explorer.exe when i try opening control panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runtime-error-c-windows-explorer-exe-when-i-try-opening-control-panel.813195/
Relevancy 46.01%

So while watching some streaming video not the bad kind all of a sudden the touch pad on my laptop stopped working I hit the hotkeys to disable and reenable and still wasn t working I did a reboot of the computer and it still wasn t functioning After a few minutes of fiddling around the mouse cursor began moving on its own It wasn t smooth or steady movements Just inches jerking here and there It was clicking on random things opening tons of tabs in Firefox and such I was able to run a Malwarebytes scan that showed up with nothing wrong Ran System Care as well just for kicks and they say nothing is wrong either That was just too odd for me to not possibly check out Below are the requested documents Windows Home Premium bit Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeckStartUp exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe Loss and Random Mouse Windows and Opening Control Clicking of C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS Loss of Mouse Control and Random Clicking and Windows Opening ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin Loss of Mouse Control and Random Clicking and Windows Opening C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Casey Downloads HijackThis exe R Loss of Mouse Control and Random Clicking and Windows Opening - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http asus msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www startnow com src startp baa amp browser IE amp os win amp os version -x -SP R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO StartNowToolbarHelper - E D - C - - -F B DD F - C Program Files x StartNow Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-mouse-control-and-random-clicking-and-windows-opening.1000697/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been experiencing an awfully long delay when I open a new window in XP Whenever I try and open My Computer for example there is a delay of around - seconds before the window actually appears However once the window is open everything is fine until I close it then if I try to open it again it takes another - seconds to open The same thing happens with Internet Explorer Firefox Control Panel and indeed every other IE, window, when Panel Computer, new opening Long delay Etc. My Control window There appears to be no hard drive activity during this pause and the CPU activity remains around until the window actually appears and then it jumps to I have run SpyBot AdAware AVG and I always have Zonealarm Active and nothing seems to work I m Long delay when opening new window, IE, My Computer, Control Panel Etc. at a loss I did read on a different forum that someone had a similar problem and used Hijack This Long delay when opening new window, IE, My Computer, Control Panel Etc. to help him solve the problem so hopefully the same will happen here I ve included as much info as I can think of Please let me know if I have missed anything out Hope someone can help Dobbsy Windows XP Home SP AOL VR AVG Free ZoneAlarm Firefox IE V HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files CPUCooL CooLSrv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system lxdacoms exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files M-Audio Transit USB Install TUSBInst exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files ABIT ABIT uGuru uGuru exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AVG AVG aAvgApi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-delay-when-opening-new-window-ie-my-computer-control-panel-etc.722980/
Relevancy 45.58%

After a few months of using Vista Ultimate, I have discovered that whenever I try to open the Control Panel or the Network and Sharing Center, explorer.exe crashes with the faulting module being ntldll.dll. When I try to open these sections in Safe Mode, everything works fine. Any ideas?

Asus P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHz Overclocked to 3.12 GHz
Seagate ST380011A 80GB Hard Drive
Leadtek WinFast A340 TD [8x AGP Version]
2 x 256 mb Kingmax RAM
2 x 512 mb Generic RAM

A:explorer crashes when opening Control Panel and Network and Sharing Center

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-crashes-when-opening-control-panel-and-network-and-sharing-center.703198/
Relevancy 45.58%

My laptop is infected by virus. I copied some files from my friend's PC using pen drive; the virus might have entered through this. I am unable to run, not even open, anti-virus software. I installed AVG additionally to the existing Avira, that too is not opening. Please help.

A:Control panel missing in Start Menu, Anti-Virus not opening.

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

It's possible that the infection is preventing you from running our tools.

If you have an active internet connection, copy/paste the links below into your browser, don't click them or the rogue might redirect. If you don't have an active internet connection, download the tools from another machine, and transfer them to the affected machine via USB flash drive.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.exe
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.pif

Note:

You will likely see a message from this rogue telling you the file is infected. Ignore the message. Leave the message OPEN, do not close the message. Run rkill repeatedly until it's able to do it's job. This may take a few tries. You'll be able to tell rkill has done it's job when your desktop (explorer.exe) cycles off and then on again.

At this point, you should now be able to run analysis tools.

Once the tool has run, do NOT reboot the machine, and then try once again to run DDS and GMER tools from our First Steps and post them in a new thread as this one shall be closed to place you back in the queue.

If for some reason the machine reboots, repeat the process. Again, try not to restart the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/control-panel-missing-in-start-menu-anti-virus-not-opening-447339.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i have a dell 2650 and i had to enter safe mode to disable my audio control
82801ca/cam/ac'97 audio control because it freezes my computer if i enable
it not sure how to fix this problem i run xp professional also reinstalled and sound worked after installation but froze on restart any advice thanks.

A:Audio control

When you first turn on your pc you should see something like push Delete to enter setup or BIOS. do that and search to disable the onboard sounds card. If you want to buy a new sound card look at this Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme $49

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-control.156008/
Relevancy 45.15%

I m asking acer applications aspire Trouble on control and one panel netbook programs opening this question on my Dell desktop which is working fine because my acer aspireone netbook cannot open downloads such as the ISG SysInfo Part A couple of weeks ago instead of opening my Firefox browser when I clicked on the shortcut it kept asking me what program I wanted to use to open Firefox If I clicked on Firefox it allowed me to gain acess to the www via my wireless modem If I tried any other program like Internet explorer it would start to load the home page then shut it down with a security warning quot File Download - Security Warning from McAfee If I then tried to run or save the IE program it goes into a loop and won t open the program If I use Firefox to try to open IE it doesn t open also It will open other programs that don t need to net such as PowerPoint Excel etc Part I also noticed that when I tried to use any applications on the control panel to find out what to problem is I got the error message quot C WINDOWS system rundll exe Application not found I can t even turn the sound on or change the date Time etc What can I do to restore or fix the problem I don t have a disk drive on the netbook but I should be able to use a USB port to transfer a fix Thanks Dave P S This is the first time I ve used Tech Support Guy so let me know if there s anything else I need to add to make more sense of this message nbsp

A:Trouble opening programs and control panel applications on acer aspire one netbook

Try the LNK fix from this site:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

That might fix your shortcut problem for Firefox.

Also try the CPL fix, see if that corrects the problem with Control Panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-opening-programs-and-control-panel-applications-on-acer-aspire-one-netbook.1000694/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a HP 14-r014tx, Windows 8.1 64-bit, 4GB RAM.i clean install my laptop and when i check the audio settings from control panel, it's missing.i look for the driver at hp support but i don't find it.how can i reinstall the driver?

A:DTS Audio Control Panel

Hi, Just so that I'm certain on this, have you clean installed Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit) or Windows 8.1 64-bit? Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/DTS-Audio-Control-Panel/td-p/5584914
Relevancy 44.72%

The docking station has a jack for headphones. It is theoretically convenient to have the headphones always plugged there, but, when I plug them the speakers disconnect. I sometimes want to hear from my speakers and sometimes via the headphones, and connecting and disconnecting the headphones is annoying. Is there a way to enable and disable the docking jack via software (an app or something similar)?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/control-which-audio-jack-is-used/td-p/3441319
Relevancy 44.72%

(win xp)
I want to control audio volume by using keyboard keys, which can be configured. It should work when those keys are pressed, even when other applications are open. If the volume window is displayed, thats ok but it should be hidden by itself again without clicking anything. Can this be configured in windows or do I need some program?

A:audio vulume control

Try Sound Control. You can set hot keys and it has an On Screen Display. There are several ways you can customize the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-vulume-control.966592/
Relevancy 44.72%

(win xp)
I want to control audio volume by using keyboard keys, which can be configured. It should work when those keys are pressed, even when other applications are open. If the volume window is displayed, thats ok but it should be hidden by itself again without clicking anything. Can this be configured in windows or do I need some program?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-vulume-control-533482.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Okay when we got our computer we got it from a control? Multimedia audio friend It came with a soundlbaster cd We tried to install audio from this cd Multimedia audio control? but it did not work So my husband did some searching on the internet and somehow found a free download for audio We had to reset our pc due to a virus and have no sound He says he can t remember what he did so he started looking online He says we need quot multimedia audio control driver quot I have searched and searched for a free download and can t find one Another problem is is our monitor is a dell monitor but the computer itself doesn t have a name and we know it didn t come from dell so how can we tell where it came from I know if we can find out what type it is we can go to that site and probally download from there but we don t know the first place to start nbsp

A:Multimedia audio control?

find the model of your soundcard, and your computer's operating system. with this information, you should be able to find your drivers on the creative website, using google, or a driver download site (www.driverguide.com) once you find drivers for your card, download the appropriate one(s) for your operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multimedia-audio-control.30200/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am recently looking up the Microsoft facilities on audio management and would like to obtain some information on how Microsoft Windows manages audio input and output in particular on the audio file format, multiple audio devices
detection etc? Also, I am especially interested in how these audio control co-ordinate with technologies such as voice telephony, video conferencing ...etc.
Thank you very much for any of you can help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-control-and-management.47511/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I am having a frustrtrating problem with a friends laptop I have been working on for a week now Short of dumping and a clean install of OS I Control Hijacked Audio have tried everything The Master Volume slider drops on its own when you try to change the setting manually The other sliders are all fine jsut the Master Volume I have seen a few threads on this and did everything possible to eliminate the problem Things I have tried Software -Ran spybot cccleaner registry cleaners hijack this combofix mbam running processes software all looks normal -Uninstalled several browser Hijacked Audio Control assistants via add remove and direct through cmd dos del -Uninstalled Limewire Any real players ipod itunes winamp anything not windows media player or updates -unistalled audio drivers and software and reinstalled Hardware -Removed laptop master volume keys and cleaned both master volume controls via the housing itself Cleaned the mouse which does not have master volume controls on it or access from the wheel I have explored every possible software outlet and still no volume I really really really dont want to reformat I also noticed which my friend neglected to tell me was happening also last night when I tried to write a few emails the point of type kept jumping around to differnet parts of the page on me Mid type the cursor would just move to the subject line or various other parts of the partially typed email I suspect malicious software is the cause of these two problems however I have fully explored dos Program files common files system etc no avail If anyone can help with this problem I would really appreciate it -Really makes me appreciate my frankenstein at home that is easier to manage than the lavish dollar software packed laptop of today lol Tanks PBJ

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246996/hijacked-audio-control/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi,

I'm looking for an application which allows me to control the volume of the speakers directly from the desktop, is there anything available?
thank you

A:control audio desktop?

How about with the mouse ball?
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-audio-desktop.373150/
Relevancy 44.72%

yesterday my c drive went to 105 free space and told me to remove some programmes.so i did.the problem is that i uninstalled the volume control.so i downloaded realtek audio but the sound it strange.like echo .can someone tell me how to fix this.i have 2 speakers next to my pc. if i click on the volume icon and then click on put icon in task ber it says the volume control cannot be placed in task bar cause its not installed.

Relevancy 44.72%

WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64 HP PAVILLION SLIMLINE 400-034  PC DTS CONTROL PANEL FREZZING UPDATE & CHANGED AUDIO DRIVERS  STILL HAVING SAME PROBLEM I BEEN Using the 5.1 Surround sound , works grate 1 more ?? which audio driver would you use sincerly Kym R Balderas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/DTS-Audio-Control-panel/td-p/5751977
Relevancy 44.72%

After installing the Security Updates from the October Rollup Quality Update IE crashes when you open an eml file An application hosting a WebBrowser control ieframe dll also crashes when doing that This happens on Win and Win maybe others I couldn't test Here is the error nbsp lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt .eml 2016 IE11/WebBrowser Rollup opening a after when crashes control October Update file Level gt lt Level gt lt IE11/WebBrowser control crashes when opening a .eml file after October 2016 Update Rollup Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt xxx lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt IEXPLORE IE11/WebBrowser control crashes when opening a .eml file after October 2016 Update Rollup EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt edec lt Data gt lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d f a lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt e e lt Data gt lt Data gt f lt Data gt lt Data gt d b d lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows SysWOW ntdll dll lt Data gt lt Data gt ad - c- e -aabe-d d e af f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Is there anything to fix that Uninstalling the Update works but I don't like to recommend uninstalling security updates to my customers

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9bf1218-421b-4d6c-a98d-37e4693deec5/ie11webbrowser-control-crashes-when-opening-a-eml-file-after-october-2016-update-rollup?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 44.29%

Dts audio control panel is not open after install the updates in hp support assistant of realtek hd audio.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Dts-audio-control-panel-is-not-open/td-p/5844968
Relevancy 44.29%

Using windows 10/64 with IDT High Definition Codec.  Sound works fine but cannot use any of the IDT enhancements.  Notice in EQ panel below frequency goes from 0Hz to 0Hz: I have uninstalled the device, reinstalled the IDT software and reinstalled the device.  Again, I have good sound but cannot enable/use any of the enhancements.  Thoughts, suggestions??  Thanks for your help!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/SRS-Audio-Control-Panel-Not-Working/td-p/5642196
Relevancy 44.29%

The DTS Audio Control Panel will not let me consistently use headphones. When I plug them in, there is no audio until I open the ACP, go to the Advanced tab, and Enable and then Disable the "Enable Multi-Playback Streaming" option. If I pause audio playback for more than a few minutes, I have to repeat this process. Sometimes this process won't work at all and I can't use headphones until I restart the computer. I don't care about software EQs and enhancements. I would love to not have to use this program at all and just use the built-in Windows audio controls, but I can't find any instructions about how to remove or disable this app. This is extremely frustrating as I'm using this computer for school, and when I pause lecture videos to write something down, my headphones will stop working until I go back into the ACP or restart the computer.

A:DTS Audio Control Panel - Please help me remove this!

Go to task manager, start, disable the Audio Realtek entry.Restart the computer.It should work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/DTS-Audio-Control-Panel-Please-help-me-remove-this/td-p/5313002
Relevancy 44.29%

SINCE THE LAST UPDATE ,AUDIO MANAGER BEEN UPDATED AS DTS AUDIO CONTROL PANEL ,IT WORKS GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO MY LAPTOP SPEAKERS BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW MY EXTERNAL HANDFREE OR EXTERNAL SPEAKERS VIA JACK.   I need a help in that point please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Help-me-to-remove-dts-audio-control-panel/td-p/5758685
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently moved and when I first got my PC hooked back up I thought i'd do some cleaning on it, removed some old software, nothing i thought was a big deal. I did remove something that caused itunes to be unable to play music... but i still got sound when i loaded a game to test things.... The Verizon FIOS installer came yesterday and set up internet and now i've got no sound at all and the icon in my quicklaunch for sound controls is gone.... I dont know if he did something to cause this but i do know i am the one that started this ball rolling... any ideas?

A:Lost sound/audio control

i did try to uninstall and reinstall the device giving me an error msg... it was "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and the msg after a new install is "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-audio-control.965784/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a E6520 laptop and the audio works ok but I have no audio control panel. meaning one that has an equalizer and sound enhancer/effects.
I have searched the net over and over and tried many drivers but nothing. I can only control the volume and balance with the windows small panel, the one with the speaker icon in tray.
Is there suppose to be a control audio panel for this laptop.

I have owned this for 3 years and need a control/equalizer panel for certain projects in music cd burning.

Please let me know what should be installed in this puter. In manager.devices all I have is High Def audio device. Cant seem to see what type of audio card is in here. I used speccy and get the same High Def audio device.
Noticed some drivers I try ti install will not work.

thanks

A:E6520 audio control panel

Hello. The Latitude E6520 model has IDT brand audio. I'll put a link in to the audio driver if you say which operating system is on the laptop.
It varies from model to model and I don't know for every specific model, but I don't think the E6520 will have a control panel of the type you are looking for, even after you install the correct IDT driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19997256
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys, so im trying to remove the DTS Studio Sound Program, as it is severely lacking in features when compared to the Standard Realtek HD Audio Manager, which is the program I am trying to get.  Uninstalling the drivers didnt work as they just reinstalled automaticly after every reboot.I have disablled Windows Automatic driver updates and what not to no avail. Someone suggested that I disable the Intel Smart Sound Technology (One of the drivers I can't uninstall) in the bios but Im not given the option too. Any suggestions? I just want to remove DTS and get Realtek HD Audio Manager. Thanks Guys

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Cant-remove-DTS-Audio-Control-panel/td-p/5737439
Relevancy 44.29%

I have formatted my son-in-laws computer and reinstalled Windows Xp. Now it has a big yellow question mark beside the Multi media Control and there is no sound at all. What have I done wrong. I thought maybe it was a driver but have serched and not found the one that will work. It is a Cicero Computer with Intel inside Pentium 4 and the mother board is a SIS 962L. Can you help me at all.

A:Multi Media Audio Control

No promises, but you can try this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-media-audio-control.668966/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm running Win 7 HP x64 on a Dell Studio 1558 laptop.
The stock audio driver that comes with the system included with it IDT audio control panel / codec.
It was buggy as hell so I removed it and am now just running Win 7's own audio driver.

However, the sound quality suffers as the IDT control panel allowed for some settings to be adjusted in how sound is played particularly generating extra bass from the speakers and adjusting how the sound appears to be positioned.

I am looking for alternatives to this software.
I have already tried messing with various player programs' equalisers and also DFX audio enhancer, which seemed to make things worse.

Any help will be brilliant.

A:alternatives to IDT audio control panel

I used to do a lot of support on the Dell forums. We found that the Dell sound driver was the best option - most of the time non-Dell drivers either do not work or do not work correctly. The Microsoft "HD Audio Codec" that you have is on the list of ones that do not work right in many cases.

I have RealTek on my new homebuilt PC and it too has a control panel. I use the RealTek for PC sound, but most of my audio is through my recording studio software (Sonar) and my recording interface devices to either studio headphones or studio monitor speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/241309-alternatives-idt-audio-control-panel.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I cannot use the cursor Bang & Olufsen as shown in attached image.Why?How could I choose "Voice" or "Film"?If I try to click on they don't respond. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Cannot-use-Bang-amp-Olufsen-audio-control/td-p/5685585
Relevancy 44.29%

Dts audio control panel is not open I will try many times but this is not open and not working. dts audio control panel is show only in window search not show in computer control panel.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Dts-Audio-Control-panel-is-not-open/td-p/5733763
Relevancy 44.29%

OK here is the no Volume audio - device control deal - win xp with sp on a P GM MSI motherboard Device manager lists the audio device and drivers and says its working properly There are no conflicts However Volume control says there is no audio device and settings are greyed out Drivers in use c-media Up Volume control - no audio device until a recent windows update sound was working The update installed the latest hardware driver for AC audio contoller which it identified as vynl AC We have removed the files in system and system drivers that relate to the vynl update and those for c-media and replaced them with the original working c-media drivers as listed above we have checked the services are running for windows audio and dependants AC is enabled in the bios which has also been reset along with the cmos to rule out hardware we have installed and subequently removed a SB card - the exact same fault is present anyone know a fix nbsp

A:Volume control - no audio device

OK we got it fixed. The plug and play software emulator had was missing. Fixed by searching for machine.inf then copy to temp directory. remove at about line 20 " ExcludeFromSelect=* "

goto control panel, add new hardware, next (let it seach), yes hardware is connected, next, scroll to bottom, add new hardware device, next, install from list, next, select system devices, next, select have disk, point to amended copy of machine.inf in temp directory, scroll to "plug and play software device emulator" in right hand column, next and complete install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-control-no-audio-device.348439/
Relevancy 44.29%

My college got new PC's so were I was able to get my hands on an X-Fi Xtreme sound card, and put it in. Downloaded all the drivers and Alchemy stuff and sound works fine.

Just there's no control panel to set the different volumes, so I can't adjust each sound well. Like if I put the Windows volume on full, and play music, I get a fuzzy sound in the left speaker. If I put Windows volume to half, then I don't get it, but would have thought this issue would have been able to be fixed in the control panel.

Unless there isn't a control panel?

A:No SoundBlaster audio control panel

Nevermind, I found it. Was an option to show all downloads on the sound blaster site, that I missed which had what I was looking for -_-

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/185785-no-soundblaster-audio-control-panel.html
Relevancy 44.29%

The dts  audio control panel is not open  i  try many times . OS-Window 7 64bit {OEM} Model Name-HP r006tu.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:DTS Audio Control Panel Not Open

Hi, Try the following. Download the Realtek Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69611.exe When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the Realtek device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall. When complete, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69575.exe When the Chipset reinstallation has completed, shutdown the notebook. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter. Start then notebook and when Windows has loaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Realtek Audio installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook. Let windows fully load for a few minutes before checking if the DTS control panel will now open Ok. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/DTS-Audio-Control-Panel-Not-Open/td-p/5571306
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys. After a complete Windows install on a new drive I can't get Multimedia audio control. There is a yellow ? in device proerties but it can't find the driver.
Any ideas guys?

Relevancy 44.29%

You guys are great for offering this service If only we could get the hackers to stop making the malware life would be great Randomly various ads and audio open up even when IE or Firefox is not running Did a restore last week helped for about days I could not run DDS scr had to rename to dds exe DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by and Random Ad audio opening jrw at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Random Ad and audio opening - AV CA Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated CFD EA- CF- B -A B-BD A C Running Processes C WINDOWS Random Ad and audio opening system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C WINDOWS System regsvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Documents and Settings jrw My Documents Downloads RootRepeal exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings jrw My Documents Downloads dds exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AOL Radio Toolbar Loader abdb f - cbf- -ba -fddc b a d - c program files aol radio toolbar aolradiotb dll BHO precisead d f e- e - eda- f -ae bc - c windows system nso A dll BHO precisead search enhancer bbfe - e -e ed- eb - - c windows system iejjsbvnes dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO precisead browser enhancer c dd f- c -f b-a -bc ffd a a - c windows system xzgedkopov dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SmartSelect Class f ee -daa - - - d ee a - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB AOL Radio Toolbar da - f b- f - d- cae cab - c program files aol radio toolbar aolradiotb dll TB Intuit QuickenPicks Toolbar c eaff-a - b - db -bcf ada - c program files quickenpicks toolbar qnpxb dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll EB Search panel e db - -d -a cb- f e e - c windows system iejjsbvnes dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun LogMeIn GUI quot c program files logmein x LogMeInSystray exe quot mRun irqcuwzgporbtl c windows system regsvr exe s quot c windows system xzgedkopov dll quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime IE Append Link Target to Existing PDF - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html IE Append to Existing PDF - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html IE Convert Link Target to Adobe PDF - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html IE Convert to Adobe PDF - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex Ac... Read more

A:Random Ad and audio opening

Hello,We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273635/random-ad-and-audio-opening/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi here s my situation I m using a computer right now with only two usb plugins The mouse and keyboard ports don t work so I use a USB keyboard and mouse The speakers I have require USB too to power it I could buy one that plugs into a A C port instead or buy a USB hub but I really don t want to right now So what my control? on down audio (turn PC)?? bass advanced I m using for sound right now is a subwoofer that plugs into an A C port for power it sounds like crap on youtube because there is obviously too much bass But on windows media player where there is an equilizer if I turn the two first bars down the sound actually comes out pretty good and clear Yeah I m a cheapass haha But what I m wondering is there some type of UNIVERSAL audio controller I can download where I can turn the bass down all the way so I can listen to stuff on youtube and everything else with clearity Really I just want to turn the bass all the way down but I don t think the audio control windows comes with has that option Peace nbsp

A:advanced audio control? (turn bass down on my PC)??

Depending on your sound hardware and driver, sometimes there is a separate configuration panel for your sound hardware and sometimes, e.g Realtek, a global EQ is provided.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-audio-control-turn-bass-down-on-my-pc.938874/
Relevancy 43.86%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello plz! MIC greyed recording audio working- not control out Help on bar I am trying to get my mic working ive read all the previous threads and Help plz! MIC not working- recording bar on audio control greyed out nothing simlar to my problem Cant get sound recorder to record nor is a MSN Voice Share sound wizard recognizing my mic When i use the wizrd i can hear my voice in the speaker but the recording volume on the wizard doesnt show any activity Sound Recorder error when trying to record quot your audio hardware cannot record into filess Help plz! MIC not working- recording bar on audio control greyed out liek the current file quot Under Volume Control gt Options gt Properties gt Recording- all controls clicked But the Recording Bar is GREYED OUT- wont allow me to mute this bar I can adjust bar volume but Help plz! MIC not working- recording bar on audio control greyed out doesnt help This comp was a gift- has ESS Audiodrive as prefered device in Settings gt Multimedia Under settings gt Control Panel gt System gt Sound Video and game Controllers shows ES Control Interface WDM and ES Plug and Play Audio Drive WDM My friend assures me it has a sound card i duno what to think SORRY SO LONG hope this lenght will show my exact problem Thank you nbsp

A:Help plz! MIC not working- recording bar on audio control greyed out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-plz-mic-not-working-recording-bar-on-audio-control-greyed-out.150691/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi,

(first post)

I have onboard realtek AC'97 audio. With this comes soundman control application for effects etc.

can i change this for some other application eg. soundmax.

I have used soundmax on other mobo/audio combinations before and like it. I don't like soundman.

i google for "soundmax on ac'97" and it shows some drivers including soundmax but i'm not sure if that's ok as they seem to be a few years old.

hope you can help.

cheers

A:onboard audio drivers/control panel

Go ahead and install the older SoundMax drivers. Your system will tell you if it will accept them or not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-audio-drivers-control-panel.59372/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am goin nuts here I don t know why but I think since I ve done some auto windows updates this has happened I used to have it From Output Only" "digital Control Box Audio Missing before and now it is gone I just got a toslink to mini-toslink so that I could use the optical out and now that I have the proper piece of cable I can t bloody find it My sound "digital Output Only" Box Missing From Audio Control card is an SB "digital Output Only" Box Missing From Audio Control X-Fi XtremeGamer I have a FlexiJack optical out I have removed my drivers installed the driver back to original that came with the card from CD updated the driver installed SP a million reboots I know that I am supposed to have an option in the advanced tab of volume control to turn on quot Digital Output Only quot but it seems I am the only person in the world aside from this guy http connect creativelabs com audigy Lis rm aspx ID Also in the creative console to change to digital output the digital output option is not there either Of all the screenshots "digital Output Only" Box Missing From Audio Control I have seen of my card s audio console they NEVER don t have that option to go to SPDIF digital optical out The only thing I can change is the bit rate either or but that does me no good because I can t bloody change my output from analogue to digital anyways Also in my THX console for the X-fi card the option to activate my FlexiJack is greyed out Does anybody have any clue what is going on I have no idea where the problem is Thanks Michael

A:"digital Output Only" Box Missing From Audio Control

Did you click on Options/Properties and put a checkmark next to all the entries?

Open up volume control. Options/Properties. Make sure Playback is ticked.
Then check all entries, after that Advanced under Options/Properties.

All boxes which have advanced on them-look through those.
The setting will be there, it's usually in the first box which has advanced in it.

I don't have an SB card anymore, so I can't tell you the name of the box it would be under.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165108/digital-output-only-box-missing-from-audio-control/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just recently had a reformat and have been putting a lot of programs back on the pc.
I am now getting a message after I have rebooted that it has found new hardware for MultiMedia Audio Controller - but I can't set it up - dont have a disc - don't know what its about.

Discovered I don't have sound. I reinstalled Windows Media, and thats when I found I had no sound. Yesterday I took some Real Player Programs off the pc (they came loaded in another program) - I dont like Real Player. I'm wondering if Real Player took some files with it as it's very intrusive.

I'm now using Windows XP Home Edition.

Any suggestions please?

Judy

A:MultiMedia Audio Control error message

geniebug said:

I have just recently had a reformat and have been putting a lot of programs back on the pc.
I am now getting a message after I have rebooted that it has found new hardware for MultiMedia Audio Controller - but I can't set it up - dont have a disc - don't know what its about.

Discovered I don't have sound. I reinstalled Windows Media, and thats when I found I had no sound. Yesterday I took some Real Player Programs off the pc (they came loaded in another program) - I dont like Real Player. I'm wondering if Real Player took some files with it as it's very intrusive.

I'm now using Windows XP Home Edition.

Any suggestions please?

JudyClick to expand...

Can this message be deleted please.
Judy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multimedia-audio-control-error-message.619825/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am not at my computer right now and I can not remember what the model of the microsoft keyboard I have but is one of those wireless comfort 4000 or something like that but the problem I am having is that ever since I loaded Visat Home Premium I am not able to control iTunes or Rhapsody using the Next track/Previous track/Stop/Play/Pause unless that particular program has focus (active on the screen) it seems to work fine when I am using Windows media center but not any 3rd party programs. I did not have this problem with XP. it worked no mater what program I was in. This is critical for me. Wow.

many thanks,
Houston

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboar-audio-control-issues.779176/
Relevancy 43.86%

When anyone installs their drivers in Windows XP for their Realtek hardware, it also installs the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel. however, when installing the Realtek Audio Drivers on my laptop, which is running a dual-boot system of XP and 7, doesn't seem to have the RHDCP.
any ideas?

A:Solved: Realtek HD Audio Control Panel

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling...post back if that helps.
(link below for the software)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&level=4&conn=3&downtypeid=3&getdown=false

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-realtek-hd-audio-control-panel.908790/