Windows Support Forum

Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

Q: Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB Model: Savage8
Operating System: Windows
MPN: SAV8 1017 B-KMMH Monitor Keyboard Mouse Headset
Operating System Edition: Windows 7
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics Processor Type: AMD A-Series 7650K
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series Processor Speed: 4.2GHz Overclocked
Processor Cores: Quad Core Memory: 8GB
Memory Speed: 1600MHz

A:Budget Gaming PC specs, What games could it run

Can I just clarify that that's an AMD 7650K APU, with 8GB RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-gaming-pc-specs-what-games-could-it-run.217329/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi Guys! I hope you have the time to see this post and give me some suggestions on Upgrading my PC.

Bought all of these parts last June 9, 2014.
This is my Rig

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Service Pack 1)
ECS Elite Group Deluxe H87 H3-M 1150
i5 - 4570 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ
HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz
PSU 600WATS Cougar
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr 256mb 2GB GDDR5
BenQ 22" LED 1920x1080
HDD 1TB for Storage
500GB split this into half Disk C: has 250 where I install my OS at and Local Disk D: where I put my games/saved games.
PC Case: Ostrog Enermax

I mainly created this Rig for gaming.

I'm planning to buy an SSD soon, any tips? Already read the most budget SSD is the Crucial m4 ssd 128gb
Also thinking of upgrading my Motherboard. Also, if ever I'm changing my MOBO, do you guys think I need to change my PSU as well?

Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

There is no gain using an SSD for storage. I would buy an SSD to transfer the system and applications to. Format the existing drive for a storage drive. That will give you the full benefit of the speed that an SSD will give you. Try some PC trans software. They do the job well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-need-suggestions.216438/
Relevancy 35.26%

Solid State Drives have long been the big "next thing" in storage technology, promising incredible leaps in performance, power consumption, and overall daily drive. Without any moving parts and advancements in technology, SSDs have largely delivered, becoming staples for many...

Read more

A:OCZ introduces TLC NAND in new budget Trion T100 SSD

I've never had any problems with OCZ drives and I have 3 of them, one being an old 60 GB Agility 2 or 3 still in daily use. Maybe I've just been lucky thus far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ocz-introduces-tlc-nand-in-new-budget-trion-t100-ssd.216406/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I have a (Low Budget) Card Recommendations Graphics decent PC with a crappy graphics card which is the (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations only thing holding my gaming back I have gigs of RAM and an Intel Core duo E of Ghz Its a Dell Optiplex MiniTower and it has a Power Supply of w or so I need a Graphics card within - Without having to upgrade the entire thing Yep I know I m cheap but I m pretty desperate since my PC can t run even most games such (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations as League of Legends and DOTA Dota ftw But for some weird reason I (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations can run Elder Scrolls Oblivion perfectly yet games like quot Skullgirlz quot won t despite being a linear game And after researchin my sh t I came across these Graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT GeForce NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT AMD Radeon HD Tell me the quot best choice quot out of these since my budget is pretty much limited and if the cards that I chose quot will even quot work or fit inside the case Also does it being Single-Width or Dual-Width matter And if it does which of the graphics cards that I listed will actually work I am just looking for a graphics card that will improve my PC not one that will turn it into a gaming computer Answer with minimum detail please Just kidding write as much as you want Cheers nbsp

A:(Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations

I'd recommend going to Ebay and looking for something like a Radeon HD 7850. I saw some sell for around 50ish bucks. The HD 7850 would be a huge improvement over the cards you listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-budget-graphics-card-recommendations.216068/
Relevancy 28.81%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 34.4%

I don't really know a lot about upgrading my computer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

A:Budget upgrade for HP/Compaq Presario CQ5000 Series Desktop CQ5802

I forgot to mention I am trying to make it run games like CS:GO and DayZ at a reasonable level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-upgrade-for-hp-compaq-presario-cq5000-series-desktop-cq5802.212644/
Relevancy 36.12%

I currently own a dell XPS 8300 with the following specs:

Processor: i7 2600 3.4 ghz quad core
RAM: 12 gb
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
PSU: 460W
I am a computer science student and plan on using unreal engine 4 for some game development. I also plan to do some gaming over the next 4 months.

What do you guys think I need to upgrade, if at all? I don't want to spend too much money, I recently received a $75 gift card for best buy and would prefer to use that towards my purchase.

What do you guys think of the following:

ZOTAC GeForce 750 Ti 2GB

Diamond Radeon R7 250 OC 1GB GDDR5

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 2GB GDDR5

Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is poised to make quite a comeback if a leaked slide proves accurate. The slide in question details AMD's Zen core APU and Greenland HBM memory-powered graphics and arrives courtesy of Fudzilla.

Read more

A:Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

This chip looks amazing, and is certainly enough for AMD to make a huge comeback. I really hope this is true.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-amds-16-core-zen-processor-real-leaked-slide-provides-details-on-stout-chip.211380/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi so I bought a PC about months ago and I love it It so far has been basically able to handle anything I can throw at it Though keep in mind I haven t tried that many strenuous activity though Keep Is PC? my GTA for good enough Processor 5 in mind Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? I am asking this question because I know nothing about PC s I bought mine pre made just picked a good but affordable one a friend said was good My processor is a Intel Core i - hq GHz Cores Now to my question Being a huge GTA fan I of coarse want to pick up GTA on PC when its drops So I checked the recommended Systems Specs and I seem to meet every requirement but I was unsure about the Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? Processor This is the recommended processor for play GTA on Pc Intel Core i - GHz didn t talk about cores Below are two links The one to my computer I want to play this game on and a link to the required system specs for this game As I mentioned Mostly want to know if my processor can handle it but It would be a great help as well if you could just check my specs and the recommended specs and see if everything fits or passes these recommenced specs Sorry If I offened anyone with just downright dumb questions as I said big Computer novice Thank you for your help Reccomended Specs http www game-debate com games index php g id amp game Grand Theft Auto V My Specs http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC?

Check out the following website: Can you RUN It ; Follow the directions and it will tell you. Grand Theft Auto V is on the list of games to check your system against.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-good-enough-for-gta-5-pc.211286/
Relevancy 26.66%

Actually what happened is I opened my cpu to clean out any dust so I cleaned it and even cleaned under the processor with a dry cloth.but when I tried to turn on the pc when everything was arranged,a black screen with a paragraph of error is shown.turns off the pc automatically.
My motherboard is fine,it shows a green light in the extreme end.
My processor is working great.
Hard disk is also fine.
But still it is not turning onn. Please help.

A:Processor Problem

Did you happen to have disconnected the power cable from the computer and press and hold the power button to discharge any built up static charges before opening and cleaning inside the computer?
You mentioned you cleaned under your processor. Did you pull the processor from the motherboard or was it still attached when cleaning?
Did you re-check ALL wires and connections? Try disconnecting all cables (to motherboard, hard drive, optical drive, video card, etc.) and then re-connecting said cables, making sure they are firmly seated.
Any chance you can take a photo of the error message and post it here?
May I suggest next time do not use a dry cloth, because you can actually build up static charge within the cloth itself and you could have discharged the built up static electricity into (or onto) one of the computer components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-problem.210948/
Relevancy 28.81%

Current specs
Intel db75en
Intel i5 3rd gen 3450
Gtx 970 amp extreme edition
Samsung evo 120
PSU corsair vs 650
Liquid cooler h50 corsair

Currently they are on LGA 1155 mobo

I just killed my old motherboard
And now I am planning to buy i7 4790k

There are three motherboards I have in mind and all of them are asus z97 series based. Want to buy only asus..
Z97 A
Z97 k
Z97 c

I want to know that whether I should upgrade and get 1150 mobo and new processor or not!

(I have no plans to put dual gtx 970 bt plan to use secondary gfx card (gtx560) as phyx dedicated card)
If yes then
1. Which mobo I should go for and why?
2. Will the old h50 will be fittable on my new board or not!

Any new advise also appreciated!
Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-liquid-cooler-suggestions.210943/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an Emachines D525 laptop. I have the specs listed below. I need help because feel that it could run faster if it was given a better processor to run on. I would like to know what processors I could upgrade to. Thank you!

Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 900 @2.20 GHZ, 2194 Mhz
RAM: 3.00 GB
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.16

Anything else needed, please let me know!

A:Emachines D525 processor upgrade

You can change your hd for ssd at least 100 GB . Buy a case for external HD, and use the original hd of her machine, as the same external hd . replace the memory of 1 GB for a 2 GB . Your D525 will be very fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-d525-processor-upgrade.167686/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
I want to learn how to manage ARM processor power management with LINUX (for example the Cortex-A53 MP Core).
Can someone recommend literature, a tutorial or web based information?
Thank you in advance
Manfred

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/arm-processor-power-management-with-linux.210897/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, this is my first post on techspot, and I am kind of a newbie on building pc. I have never done it and been looking up everything I can. My needs are just basically normal computing but I want to be able to play new games (shadow of mordor). I dont do any video editing or anything. I have been reading that an i3 will be fine and I need a good gpu instead of overkill on a cpu. I also want a good mobo that has plenty of potential (something about more ports???). I just need to be steered in the right direction of what to get without blowing out the budget. I dont play too many games (and no fps and very few online). I just dont want to see a new game in 6 months that I want and dont have minimum sys requirements. Also I was very skeptical about getting an AMD cpu instead because they get so much hotter, but I know alot of people will recomend it. Sorry for being so longwinded.

A:Info/suggestions on build? i3?

Hi BraidedDuke5,
Have you thought of going down the used parts path as you seem to be wanting a machine "cheap" with an i3 instead of looking at what kind of job you really want it to do, unless you will only be playing games in a really low resolution (fps). E.g. the Intel NUC and the ASUS Vivo have Core i3 CPU and they are nothing like a gaming PC.
Here is a couple of pros for a Core i5, and they are;
"Intel Turbo Boost":- Which lets the processor increase its clockspeed whenever the workload on the CPU increases and none of the Core i3 CPUs have Turbo Boost.
"Cache":- The i3 (Ivy Bridge) processors have 3MB (except 4 Clarkdale processors which have 4MB) of cache all the Core i5s (except 4 Ivy Bridge processors which have 3MB and 6 Clarkedale which have 4MB), have 6MB of cache. The cache is like RAM for the processor but it is built into the processor chip. So this gives it (the CPU) access to the memory storage a lot quicker. Without a CPU memory cache and RAM the CPU would need to access the HDD which would be even slower.

Searched eBay.com.au for "i5 cpu" in "Computer components and parts" and had a myriad of choices.

You really need to decide on the CPU first then mobo and then components (small SSD for the O/S, graphics card and RAM) and lastly a PSU to power all your choices (you could even bung a cheap PSU in just to get the rig going, so long as you realise that it WILL fail down the line!)

Hope this helps

Edit:- Changed CPU listings to be accurate for world-wide purchasing as some markets did not get some CPU incarnations released as a new product (based entirely on the Ivy Bridge and Clarkdale Core i3 / i5)
Reference Intel 2105/03/22 from http://ark.intel.com/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-suggestions-on-build-i3.210492/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I ve been having issues with my PC lately and have been looking for a place to ask them I hope you guys don t mind Firstly my PC is awfully slow It isn t very noticeable until I play a flash game or something similar Instead of running like it should the speed is decreased dramatically - levels which take one minute to go through take me at least three Now I ve always known that my PC is slow but after seeing that it s that bad I ve decided to make an upgrade I ve tried to keep track of different components and the worst one appears to be my CPU At standby it processor? better need Do I a usually runs at around - and when I launch a browser audio editing software or a game Minecraft in my example it immediately Do I need a better processor? jumps to I m forced to keep my setting to a minimum for it to function The CPU I have is an Intel Do I need a better processor? Pentium GHz chip with GB of RAM usually at Do I need a better processor? around - even when busy I have GB of free hard drive space Also for two years now in the winter months my PC randomly freezes and crashes when running a high-demand program for a while I ve always shrugged it off to overheating my PC is right next to a radiator but now I m really starting to worry about permanent damage I really want to get this solved quickly if possible and would really appreciate any advice you can give So does my CPU need upgrading Or is it possibly my GPU My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD series and I believe it s dedicated though I m not exactly sure By all standards it seems to be good enough at least so I m blaming the CPU for now Am I correct Thank you in advance for any help -Mike nbsp

A:Do I need a better processor?

I think you are jumping the gun on this. You've mentioned the fact that the PC is next to a radiator so you need to put that right. Secondly, like a car, a computer requires some maintenance. You need to keep the inside of the tower clean using something like an air duster can. The hard drive needs to be defragged occasionally unless it's SSD. Do you run the Windows Clean up utility to reclaim wasted space? Programs starting up with Windows that you aren't using cause a further drain on resources. A free utility that can be downloaded called CCleaner makes it easy to check that out. As the hard drive fills up things slow down so are there programs you can uninstall or stuff you can save elsewhere? See if things run better after you've followed up these suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-better-processor.208009/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi my name is Rafael of Brazil, rode a computer gamer very good, the settings I put down. My CPU is theoretically very good, but I can not play with it, the cooler that comes with the processor does not maintains the temperature when the BF 4 game with full graphics of 50 fps, but a few minutes later he shuts down and restarts in the middle of the game I think the manufacturing cooler's fault, because he goes from 100 degrees (HWMonitor), I will put an exhaust fan and I'm thinking about changing the cooler, am among the Hyper 212 EVO and H60. What would be better to cool off without the need for overclocking.

A:A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

I would like someone to help me, which of these coolers is better. Hyper 212 EVO or H60?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a10-6800k-processor-with-factory-cooler-hyper-212-or-h60.207197/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello someone know if the I7 3820 is working with a graphic card pci-express3.0?

A:Processor compatibility

Check your motherboard specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-compatibility.207381/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I was looking at case suggestions mini-ITX redoing a build as a mini-itx so it would be more in the question to carry it somewhere if need be This is my alternative to getting a laptop as a primary mini-ITX case suggestions computer and ill be gettiing some sort of cheap portable tablet laptop for college work So I was looking for mini-ITX cases that would be best for my situation Alot of them are cube-like and im not a fan I would prefer something that I could put my xbox on top or vica versa Not that id definately be doing that but thats generally what form factor I want I also need to be able to fit like at most a GTX in it I know thats asking alot but alot of the cube cases can do mini-ITX case suggestions it all mini-itx cases ive really seen are too slim or to cube like and that makes it feel clunky to move anywhere Id really like to have the most efficient PC case possible Ive got a corsair c build right now and it just doesnt work at college as well as id want Oh yea my budget is at max Looking further im starting to think I won t be able to get a build small enough for what im looking for and I guess thats understandable I guess I should say my PSU budget is so it either needs to support a normal PSU or have a smaller one in that price range and wattage amperage that can run a non overclocked i and a GTX nbsp

A:mini-ITX case suggestions

I am doing a second mini-itx and the case does not seem to be working. the first case is no longer available - I posted pics here - it was all acrylic/clear - over the long term, it turns out that the acrylic broke at the power-on button and where the power supply meets the back of the case.

You might want to look at some that are for video - they have a low, flat profile like a DVD player.

You can get one that will accommodate a pico-psu power supply. This is a laptop-style power supply, with a barrel connector to connect to the computer.

This connection needs to be figured out before ordering parts. The right pico-psu will connect right into the ATX power supply plug, just like the plug coming out of a regular ATX power supply. But the barrel connection needs to be supported by the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mini-itx-case-suggestions.206075/
Relevancy 27.95%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 36.55%

Sub Budget PC Gaming build I would like Budget Gaming PC to share a build I am planning to get very soon and you might wanna make it as a reference on your upcoming purchase Got these prices from newegg so if you ll ask how much it would be on your country it would costs somewhere near these prices Cooler Master Elite One of the most cheapest ITX casing out there Unlike Lian-Li s and Silverstone s you could fit a standard sized PSU in it Corsair CX W w of power is more than enough for this entire build Biostar Hi-Fi B N D Cheap and has most of the features those famous brands currently has For this small platform it has a good built-in audio Intel Pentium G Ghz LGA At you get a special edition CPU from Intel An unlocked CPU that overclocks well with the Biostar Hi-Fi B N D G Skill Ripjaws X GB X DDR mhz G sKill sports a cheap and a kickass design on their rams Gb with a mhz speed is good enough to play current released games Zotac GTX Ti GB -Bit GDDR Sports the new Maxwell architecture A card so powerful to handle games like Battlefield Titanfall COD Ghosts etc that peaks at insanely low watts Western Digital WD Blue TB SATA Tb is I think a pretty good enough capacity for this build Total monitor excluded A budget gaming PC that can handle latest games full HD It has a small foot print that you could put it almost anywhere on your table nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-gaming-pc.205542/
Relevancy 29.67%

I had a drive go south on me, looks like the MBR, MFT, and the backups for them got trashed on the drive after a reboot. The drive itself still is fully operational, and my usual go to software, ZAR, unfortunately is not doing the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to try?

A:Suggestions to recovery from bad MBR/MFT?

I've used a program called testdisk to repair a messed up MFT, it's free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-recovery-from-bad-mbr-mft.204862/
Relevancy 28.81%

I do not want to go over how much it costs now. Another thing I need to mention is that this is a black/blue themed pc.

A:Is this a good gaming rig? give suggestions on how to make it better

What exactly is the Intel Devil's Canyon Bundle? From what I can tell it is not specific parts and can be any number of components. Everything else looks good though, just not sure about the bundle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-rig-give-suggestions-on-how-to-make-it-better.205206/
Relevancy 26.66%

Which 1 is better -
1)Exynos 5260 ; Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 & dual-core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 with 2 GB RAM
OR
2)Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 ; Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A7 with 1.5GB RAM??

A:Smartphone processor comparison

Definitely the Exynos 5260, no question about it! It is really a 6 core CPU since it uses the 4 Cortex A7 CPUs to process regular loads and it taps into the 2 A15 CPUs when it needs extra power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-processor-comparison.205273/
Relevancy 36.55%

My friend recommended me to this site for advice on how to build a New Pc. This would be my 1st time trying something like this.
I'm looking to build a gaming rig, Online gaming mostly. Some single player games like Skyrim ect. My Budget range is $1500. I could go a little higher if I need to. Using a HP pavilion Dv7 Laptop Living in New England. So I wont be transferring over anything. I will need a keyboard and at least one monitor. I got no OS software sadly. It is possible to find Windows XP still? If I have to go with Windows 7 I will. I havent tried water cooling but, if I will look up a guide if it is preferred.

A:New to Building a Pc on a budget

Rucion said:

My friend recommended me to this site for advice on how to build a New Pc. This would be my 1st time trying something like this.
I'm looking to build a gaming rig, Online gaming mostly. Some single player games like Skyrim ect. My Budget range is $1500. I could go a little higher if I need to. Using a HP pavilion Dv7 Laptop Living in New England. So I wont be transferring over anything. I will need a keyboard and at least one monitor. I got no OS software sadly. It is possible to find Windows XP still? If I have to go with Windows 7 I will. I havent tried water cooling but, if I will look up a guide if it is preferred.Click to expand...

Let me see what I can do for you, with $1500 you can get a pretty beastly system even including keyboard, monitor, and OS.

Here is my recommended parts list (Using Amazon):
i5 4690K
MSI Z97-G55
Cooler Master Hyper212
Gskill 8gb DDR3 1866 (2x4gb)
NZXT Phantom 410 (Kinda just picked one I like, case can be whatever your preference is)
XFX DD R9 290
Samsung 840 EVO 240gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM
Corsair CXM 600Watt PSU
LG DVD Drive
Windows 7 Home
Logitech G105 Gaming Keyboard
Asus VN247H Monitor

The total price of that build is about £1,184 which is right around the $1500 (Slightly above according to the conversion) but this will overall give you everything you would need for a strong gaming machine with an excellent board, processor, and GPU. All of this together will provide you 1080p ultra on every game you could throw at it along with great speeds thanks to the SSD and some awesome overclocking.

Hope this can at least point you in the right direction.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-a-pc-on-a-budget.204540/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello guys,

I am new here in techspot. I hove you can help me guys. When I open my laptop and run dxdiag processor appears but when I start to use my laptop become very slow. sample screenshot. thnaks.

A:Processor goes to n/a

1. Does your laptop feel hot when it starts to become very slow?
2. Did you update your AV, Malwarebytes then do a full scan?
3. if you have done all that and nothing is found next is update all your drivers & windows

If after all those 3 it still becomes slow just post back with results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-goes-to-n-a.204376/
Relevancy 29.24%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 25.8%

HI Will this processor fit a
Biostar TA970 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.Have now find out it dosent so disregard.

A:AMD phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30ghz

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=623#cpu

You mean the Phenom 965BE 3.4ghz quad core? If so that's an AM3 cpu and it shows support for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-9650-quad-core-processor-2-30ghz.203920/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I am looking to upgrade my current pc will post specs below and am wondering what will give me the most bang for my buck as my budget is limited a $600 with budget only Upgrade question and I may not have the funds to upgrade again for a while Current PC specs Intel Core i LYNNFIELD GHz GB ram and a Geforce EVGA GTX ti GB I was set to order a new MB ram cpu and another GTX ti to run sli My new pc would have been this was all within my budget Intel Core i - K Processor GHz GB ram ASUS Z PRO LGA Motherboard Geforce GTX ti GB x Ive had some people recently tell me the most bang for the buck would be just spending almost all of it on a video card as thats where the bottleneck for most games is I can see that being true but my cpu ram and mb are about years old I still think Upgrade question with only a $600 budget id get more performance for the overall package but im far from an expert and could use any advice and or suggestions Also im a but Upgrade question with only a $600 budget hung up on going from a I to a I but the newer cores have to make up for whatever difference there may be right Thanks and sorry if I put this in the wrong spot nbsp

A:Upgrade question with only a $600 budget

Does your current system not support SLI?

And does you PSU provide enough power for the two 660Ti?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-question-with-only-a-600-budget.203890/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok,guys.I need a suggestion about what case to get,my budget is up to 60$.
Looks are not important, the most important things are to have 1 fan or more,good cable managment and good build quality.
Thanks.

A:Budget PC case?

The Corsair 200R meets all your needs, but unfortunately, after Corsair released their new Spec budget cases, they raised the price of the 200R from $50 to $70.

So if you want a nice case for <$70, Corsair has some nice options you can check out >>here<<. I would watch unboxing videos on the Spec cases before purchasing since I am unsure if they would suit your needs (I am not too familiar with them since they are new). If you decide on a case, I recommend buying them from either >>Newegg<< or >>Amazon<<.

If you are interested in an unboxing of the 200R, check it out >>here<<.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-pc-case.201421/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hay Guys, I need suggestions about the best Gaming Headset with the following characteristics:

Price: 70/90? (97/124$) (58/75£)
For what?: Gaming mainly.

A:Suggestions for new gaming headset with microphone (for PC)

I would check this out: http://goo.gl/LO8f1Z.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-new-gaming-headset-with-microphone-for-pc.200877/
Relevancy 36.12%

First time posting here obviously So I m looking for order too busy lazy to put one together myself a new PC to update my current junk pile Was thinking about $2000 budget $1500 PC, New to using CyberPowerPC but am unsure about them for various reasons bad reviews previous issue with online bought pcs myself Figured I would ask on a forum or two about them and a build I slapped together Any insight criticism welcome CASE NZXT Source w USB -port New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget fan hub Side-Panel Window CD LG X Internal Blu-ray Drive amp DVDRW D Playback Combo Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel Core i - K Quad-Core GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CS FAN Maximum MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case FAN Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance MM Fan HDD TB TBx SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Quad Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X -UP ATX w Ultra Durable GblAN GEn PCIe x PCIe x PCI POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS M Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR Year Labor Year Parts LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB GDDR X PCIe Video Card - EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling nbsp

A:New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget

How much does this cost, what is your budget and what do you plan on using the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-1500-to-2000-budget.200687/
Relevancy 29.67%

So I play The Sims 3 & currently I can have all the expansion packs running but of course it won't be moving as fast as if I had less running.

My current PC specs are:
HP Pavillion P7-1421 PC
- Next Gen AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor
- 8GB DDR3 system memory
- 1.5TB Hard drive
- AMD Radeon HD 7560D
- Super Multi DVD burner
- Windows 8

I'm looking to upgrade in a costly manner & not entirely looking for perfection. Just running faster.

My PC is pretty stock I haven't done anything besides install programs ( The Sims, Simcity, Photoshop)

Thanks!

A:Suggestions to boost my PC

Well depends on the area you want to boost your machine. If you are speaking in the area of gaming, my suggestion would be to grab a new video card (Since you have an APU, an AMD GPU might be your best option) because that will boost your gaming up significantly.

But its going to depend on what you want to be boosted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-boost-my-pc.200511/
Relevancy 26.66%

Have a home computer (E6600 2 gig ram) The led and activity lites an power supply fan keeps running after it shuts down so I have been turning off the powersupply
When I turned the power supply on today I got a puff of smoke out the back
So I'm going to use my case,burners,hard drives,video card etc and upgrade
I'll replace the power supply use Window 7 64 bit, ram etc
I don't game ,mostly use the web burn DVD an blue ray later
I've used Intel an Gigabyte in the past with good success
I haven't build a computer foe several years so appreciate your help
I'll be getting the parts from newegg
Thanks

A:Need help selecting new processor and motherboard

A few quick questions for clarification:

You mentioned reusing your RAM modules, are the modules DDR3?
A new motherboard will likely not support IDE drives, are all your drives SATA drives?
Intel Core i3, i5, and i7

1st generation - LGA1156 (Nehalem)
2nd generation - LGA1155 (Sandy Bridge)
3rd generation - LGA1155 (Ivy Bridge)
4th generation - LGA1150 (Haswell)
If you want the latest and greatest, the 4xxx CPU's and the LGA1150 CPU socket is what you are looking for. If the second (2xxx CPU's) and third (3xxx CPU's) generation is good for you, the LGA1155 CPU socket is what you are wanting to look at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-selecting-new-processor-and-motherboard.195369/
Relevancy 36.12%

What are you going to use the PC for PC is going to be used for gaming Currently I don t play any graphic demanding games currently Starcraft League of Legends and Dota but I intend to keep this build for $650-700 budget for PC Assistance gaming awhile so I want it Assistance for $650-700 budget gaming PC to be able to play some future games at a decent setting Other than that the computer will be used for Assistance for $650-700 budget gaming PC videos streaming like Hulu Youtube Netflix etc How much is your budget Budget is maximum so I think aiming for around without taxes would be perfect Assistance for $650-700 budget gaming PC Where are you located and what sort of system do you currently have if any I e fill out your profile I am currently located in California Are you going to buy online or from a retail store be sure to think about shipping costs in this case I would be buying online only preferably Newegg Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig Nothing is being is re-used Do you need peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse amongst others I have every peripheral except for a mouse I ll probably just be buying a cheap mouse Have you already bought any components No components have been bought Do you already have an Operating System OS or will you be buying one this may add a significant amount of cost to a low-budget system No OS is necessary as my school gives out free Windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup No aftermarket cooling will be necessary or watercooling Side Note I had an issue last time with the motherboard and CPU not being compatible even though both said they were compatible due to the BIOS not being updated So hopefully I can avoid that issue again Anyways hopefully I can get some help and advice Thanks in advance I have never been disappointed by the TechSpot community when asking for help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assistance-for-650-700-budget-gaming-pc.198892/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone I m looking for a mouse that has a very nice sensor without acceleration but with a few specific DPI settings I d like a native DPI setting and a DPI setting Mouse Suggestions a little higher up to may be okay but is preferable That s about all the requirements throw at me anything that fits I know a lot of decent laser Mouse Suggestions mice can fit that but AFAIK they all tend to have some sensor flaws Aside from that everything else is pretty flexible but here s what I prefer A couple DPI profile settings Light is preferable Not a large mouse Mouse Suggestions medium small A couple side buttons As for the shape I d have to look at the mouse or Mouse Suggestions try it out to know if I ll like it or not I like the shape of the Roccat Savu and Kone pure In fact I almost picked up a Kone pure for on black friday but the Avago held me back I d also like a pretty slick mousepad to go with it something at least as quick as a Razer Goliathus speed I use about cm so it needs to be a medium sized mat Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Mouse Suggestions

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013, it has DPI settings which can be changed in the software from 100 DPI up to 6400, the lights can be turned on or off and it has 2 custom side buttons which can be changed to do whatever you want. I have a Razer Goliathus speed medium mat which is very good and it feels high quality. It is a good size for my hands but I do have quite large hands but I think once you have used it you won't want to go back to a smaller mouse, I sure don't anyway. That's my personal opinion but it's about how it feels to you and has all the features you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suggestions.198614/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi A couple of months ago the system drive on one of my old PCs suddenly stopped working - not particularly Operating by Systems by BIOS Recognised Drive not IDE surprising given that it s about years old I swapped it out and left it until I had IDE Drive Recognised by BIOS not by Operating Systems time to try to pull the data off it It s a GB Western IDE Drive Recognised by BIOS not by Operating Systems Digital Caviar WD AB- CDB EIDE drive Now when I connect it to the secondary IDE bus on my PC it does seem to spin up and the BIOS recognises it no problem but neither Windows XP Disk Manager nor Slackware Linux cfdisk do This is not a situation I ve come across before disk recognised by BIOS but not the O S Does anybody know what the problem might be and what I can do to try to resolve it I have been pretty careful with its usage over the years eg not having a paging file which I guess is why it has lasted so long but I don t really need to use it any more - I would just like to pull the data off it if possible without incurring significant expense Edit I forgot to say on bootup SMART reports no problems Thanks very much g nbsp

A:IDE Drive Recognised by BIOS not by Operating Systems

Hey 3g. I've never been in that situation myself, I do believe the BIOS only reads parameters about the drive that it gets from the preprogrammed circuits in the drive, whereas Windows is trying to actually read data off the drive and can't. Is the drive configured correctly for where it's placed with it's jumper pins?. You may want to run a diagnostic test on the drive from the link below

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?modelno=WD600AB-32CDB0&x=0&y=0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-drive-recognised-by-bios-not-by-operating-systems.198578/
Relevancy 29.67%

I'm in need of a new keyboard and am using a temporary one currently. Here is what I like
1)for Windows
2)wired
3)have good short cut keys for things like web browser and email client
4)full size and not compact

I'm on the fence about low profile keyboards, I guess they're good because they require less pressure to press a key. I enjoyed the old mechanical keyboards more than the modern ones.

Any suggestions?

A:Suggestions for new keyboard

So, you dont want a mechanical keyboard? Then just go with the Logitech K120. Dont pay anymore than like $20 for a membrane keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-new-keyboard.197311/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have decided that I need a new PC and I have no idea what custom parts to choose; I want to build it myself, I want the best high end parts possible in an Intel build that can be overclocked when I need to. The price has to include at least 3 monitors and it needs to look EPIC like with LEDs, a case with a window etc. I have £3000-£3500 to spend on it. Please help me choose the parts, if someone could find them all in one place e.g Amazon so it saves me some time. The rig is for gaming, video editing and rendering sometimes at the same time.
Thanks guys,
-UnsungHero

A:My big budget custom PC build

Wait until Ivy Bridge-E comes out in early September, a 4930K with a couple of GTX 770/780's should be within your budget.

In the meantime have a look at what monitors to get, I.e. if you want 120Hz, IPS, size, resolution, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-big-budget-custom-pc-build.195245/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 26.66%

Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

If its not what would be a good motherboard thats compatible?

A:Is this processor compatible?

The Athlon will not work with that motherboard as it is socket AM3+

You need a socket AM2 board, Or an AM2+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible.196617/
Relevancy 36.12%

My brother has asked me to build him a budget htpc.

He has already picked up a Silverstone LC10 case, I have an old 800 watt atx cheapo brand psu spare,

I am looking for a mobo, cpu, and ram bundle, for around £150.

I was looking at this, but to be honest im not to up on apus:
http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-a...5600k---4gb-xms-memory--8R0F.html?q=a8&src=16

This pc is for playing world of tanks, and other similar games at 1080p.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Budget HTPC build

Try these components (I did amazon UK so if im incorrect on region sorry)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
MSI FM2 A55

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Corsair Vengeance 1600 4gb stick (You can always add more later)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
A10-6700

This processor has a better GPU and will give more than enough performance over the 5600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-htpc-build.195994/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm searching for an ASUS motherboard that is compatible with my hardware parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 SLBCK Desktop CPU Processor LGA1366 2.93GHz 8MB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 6GB Kit 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240PIN DIMM XMP Triple Channel Memory Kit
Hard Drive: 750GB Seagate sata hard drive
DVD ROM: IDE DVD ROM

I would like an on-board video connection.
Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard Suggestions for New Build

I dont think any LGA1366 have on-board VGA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-suggestions-for-new-build.196401/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all,

I'm quite stuck on getting a PC case which will help with cooling. I'm looking for the best case at cooling in the £70 range. The case has to be big enough for graphic card upgrades (I currently have 5850 XFX Black Editions in crossfire). Examples of cases I've looked at are the Carbide 300R, HAF 912 Plus and Fractal Design R4. Please can anyone advise of the best case (in this class?) in the UK. I'm happy to add additional case fans to get better cooling!
MB is ATX, BTW.

A:PC Case advice for better cooling (budget @Ā£60-Ā£80)

Well since im going to assume air cooling I have a couple of options that I personally like for those types of systems:

NZXT Phantom Mid Tower

Corsair 400R or the 300R are both great options

There are many more but those are a few near your price point I recommend. I like the NZXT Phantom cases the most because of their room, expandability, and overall sleek look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-case-advice-for-better-cooling-budget-%C2%A360-%C2%A380.196120/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently bought a computer which I will primarily use for work and web browsing but would also like to play the occasional game I would like to know if upgrading my psu and processor will help if it s possible and what to upgrade to My system information Operating System is Windows Ultimate my Am psu and able processor? i upgrade to -bit System Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor? model is Packard Bell Bv Istart Processor Gigahertz intel pentium Somebody has already told me the following Your motherboard has a PCI-e x port It will accept any almost any graphics card out there But your CPU will bottleneck anything that will play games decently Also the PSU Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor? with these pre-built PC is often of quality just enough for the system in question You won t be able to put a mid-range graphics card in it even previous generation ones If you want to use this PC for a little gaming a Radeon will do It does not require additional power connectors It might still be more than your CPU can handle but its around the lowest card you can get Still if you can you can built a nice little gaming PC that can run modern games for around nbsp

A:Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor?

Packard Bell PCs are notoriously hard to upgrade, I think because they use non-standard power supply and case connectors, like some Dells. Such an old system is not worth spending money on (I tried the same thing a couple years ago with a high-end Dell Pentium 4, and it was a waste of time and money - bottlenecks, freezes, BSODs, etc). I would start with a cheap socket 1155 board and an i3 or i5 processor, then it would be worth adding a decent video card and power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-able-to-upgrade-my-psu-and-processor.196152/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello there everyone I recently found out how bad my AMD- APU was I thought it was decent but apparently not I have a GTX which I know from fellow gamers can run most games on high settings I was a little upset when I started to experience crashes but apprently it s because my CPU is complete crap which I honestly did not know I ve been thinking about what to upgrade too and so far I ve been leaning towards this baby here http www newegg com Product Produ E amp gclid CKmk PTLsrkCFcie AodwHYA A I think that will do me fine but I wanted to make sure I was all good just to be sure Specs that will be with the card are as follows GPU-GTX Motherboard- ASRock MB-A PR M Socket FM AMD A FCH AMD Quad CrossFireX SATA amp USB A amp GbE Micro ATX Motherboard Psu-GS watt I really just need this build to last until March or so then I ll be building a new top notch rig Thanks -Luke Here s another cpu I was considering http www newegg com Product Produ E amp gclid CN- -erXsrkCFUqk Aod QMA g nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-help.196060/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi!!!
I have a dell latitude c640 laptop ddr sdram, P4, 1.20GHz, HDD 30GB, L2 Cache 512 KB, and RAM 256 MB.
I need to remodel the laptop so that it can work with virtualization simulations & have atleast 4GB RAM. Can you kindly let me know the processor, motherboard, and specifications of other upgrades which will be compatible enough to enable me to reuse THIS very laptop just by upgrading it? Also let me know an approximate cost estimate.
I repeat kindly let me know the specifications of the above which will work with this series of laptop for virtualization simulations using Virtual Box, OpenvSwitch, Xen etc.

Thank You!!!

A:Processor & motherboard upgrade for my laptop

Laptops do not have standardized motherboards that will interchange. If and I stress IF there is a motherboard you can use as an upgrade, you would need to contact the manufacturer for the specific details. There is little to no way for anyone to know these details, outside manufacturing service department.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-motherboard-upgrade-for-my-laptop.195404/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello. My name is Darryl and I am trying to find the best gaming computer, ever. I want to know the best parts you know with no budget. This includes peripheals like the best headset or mouse (Already have best keyboard, mad catz S.T.R.I.K.E 7, herp derp.) Thanks!

PS- Has to be Win7

A:Need suggestions for gaming computer parts

Silly question, as 'best' can be taken n many ways. But, here you go:

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-for-gaming-computer-parts.195484/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey People! I'm new here... Greets for everyone!

Anyway, I wanna build new system and now I am looking for the best processor to use?

As motherboard I am using Biostar Hi Fi A85W and I wanna put 6 GB DDR3 RAM on it. My graphics card will be my prior GTX 450. what do you guys think? my budget will be 200$

A:Good processor for good price?

Well, the best processor you can get is the A10-6800K which will work perfectly with your budget of $200. I believe the CPU is only about $150.00 at most retailers online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-processor-for-good-price.194459/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all I m in PC? for Suggestions a or Laptop Gaming need of some assistance on looking for a gaming laptop or PC I want a laptop that can run most games smoothly at high settings Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC? and since I have no real knowledge about computer specs and what not I d like some expert advice I have a really bad computer from the early s that Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC? has the following specs Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional yes that s how old it is Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNOW GHz Memory MB RAM Yes only that much Because of this computer I can play about games at minimum settings and those games are League of Legends runs smoothly enough to play Aion LAGS LIKE A MOFO Left Dead lags A TON and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic YAY STEAM SALE and this runs smoothly enough to play too The game I play the most is League of Legends and that s the game I D LOVE TO RUN at maximum settings My FPS in that game switches between - FPS and whenever I watch professional LoL players stream their FPS is at around - FPS or higher There are also many other games I d like to play on the PC like Bioshock Infinite Borderlands Sid Meier s Civilization Diablo Guild Wars Starcraft and many more PC games I d like to play but couldn t cause of my computer My budget is no more than but I am willing to spend more if it is worth the money Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC?

This is a great laptop: http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP7352. You will need to add in an SSD though for about $300 more. Or you can buy your own SSD for half that price and install it yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-laptop-or-pc.195061/
Relevancy 27.09%

My mom wants to buy an i3 desktop since its cheaper than i5 and says we can just upgrade to a new i5 processor once we have the money, is this a good idea or just wait till we have the money and buy the desktop with i5? my brother is the one who will use it for graphic stuff he is into special effects.. I hope I can get some idea about this.

A:Processor

You are better off going straight for the I5. Intel change their sockets every few years so when you upgrade, you may need to purchase a new motherboard (more costly) or buy the outdated I5 processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor.194444/
Relevancy 34.83%

As the title states I trying to find the perfect non-bottleneck formula Currently starting from scratch and building a compuer Minus to budget Insight build w/o bottleneck. gaming Trying Need computer throwing in my old old hard drive RAM and psu I cannot stress this enough I need Trying to build budget gaming computer w/o bottleneck. Need Insight a cheap but very efficient mid-range computer I am simply having trouble picking the right card cpu combo If I can less than what I am currently building that would be great This computer needs to be able to handle powerful games at a x resolution An Idea of what I want around - range http pcpartpicker com parts partlist Current pc Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting Trying to build budget gaming computer w/o bottleneck. Need Insight English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p - BIOS Ver HOL ROM vHOL Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX GPU Geforce Gtx nbsp

A:Trying to build budget gaming computer w/o bottleneck. Need Insight

So what's the problem with your current PC? Your partlist isn't working by the way, take a screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-build-budget-gaming-computer-w-o-bottleneck-need-insight.194117/
Relevancy 26.66%

So my brother has a Foxconn 2ada 1.00 motherboard Link: http://www.estaxe.com/index.php/layout-foxconn-2ada-1-00-motherboard/
and wants to upgrade to a good processor, willing to spend $100-$200. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! One website said this Link:http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-2ada-foxconn/ but I trust you guys more...

A:Need a compatible processor

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-compatible-processor.194150/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 26.66%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-update.192561/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi friends,

I just want to know that which Graphic card is compatible with my computer and My computer configuration were:

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M V2
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor
RAM: 2GB
Monitor: View Sonic

As, my system had inbuilt 512 MB nividia Geforce 730 / Nividia nforce 630a

So, for above Configuration which is the best Graphic Card for me to be avail at low price as I can't afford more money for Graphic card.

A:Need Suggestions about Graphic Card

What will the PC be used for, and what is your exact budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-about-graphic-card.192092/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello people, I want to know whether my processor will bottleneck my graphic Card ?
My Specs can be found in my profile.

I have been playing Games Like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon future soldier. When I use my MSI afterburner, I see that my graphic Usage never goes high, it mean, It rarely reaches 70 %. It remains stangent at 60 % or near to that. Whereas my friends Get usage upto 96 %. Could bottlenecking be the reason?

Another Info, All my temps are normal. My resolution is 1366 x 768. I bought HD 7850 so that I could max out all the games and play then-m lag free on ultra settings at my low resolution of 1366 x 768, This card is upto my expectations, but I only get approx 40 FPS in Ghost Recon future soldier whereas other people get 50 - 60 FPS in ultra settings.

So, can I know the problem ? Thank you.

A:Will my processor Bottleneck my graphic Card?

Dual-core won't be helping things, and you may notice a 10fps drop. I'm not gonna bother quoting sources because I can't easily find them and they are dodgy anyway...

But, disable ambient occlusion.. it's a big performance hit.

Anyway, to conclude, your system is fine overall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-processor-bottleneck-my-graphic-card.191847/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everyone so I ve been running a T AMD CPU for a while and I hate it it s done well but in the last few months the whole system has gone to pot so I figured I d make the move back to intel Now I was planing on getting a single GTX but then for the same money slightly less money I can get crossfired HD s MHz So this was my planned setup and it hit s the mark all par the OS but I can t get an OEM copy of windows so I might have to move over to for Intel i K rd gen Asus P Z x Gigabyte HD GBGDDR Coolermaster HAF XM with GX lite watt PSU GB Corsair Dominator RAM MHz internal Blu-ray drive Segate GB hybrid SSD plus an extra TB drive for Steam games Windows Bit So what does everyone think I ll be running on a quot p Samsung LED TV nbsp

A:Ā£1500 rough budget for new PC

I would get rid of the 2666Mhz and just pick up 1600Mhz RAM. Also, what is the purpose for this PC? If it is for gaming I would probably knock the 3770K down to a I5-3570K.

I would go with a different PSU then the one you listed. For crossfire cards 700w will power them, but I'd opt for something around 800-850w range. This will allow you some headroom for the future.

When it comes to 690 vs 7970 CFX it all comes down to patience. When running two cards you will often run into driver issues and things such as micro stuttering. Additionally, it create much more heat and noise. So, if you can deal with things like that - go with the 7970's. If not, go with the 690.

For your storage, I would opt for a regular SSD instead of a hybrid and just buy a larger secondary drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31500-rough-budget-for-new-pc.191457/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I am thinking of upgrading components in my PC to suggestions Upgrade make it more powerful Below is my PC specs please could some of you suggest possible upgrades Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer DAVE-PC Generator Dave Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name DAVE-PC User Name Dave Motherboard CPU Type x Intel Pentium III Xeon MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Standard Serial over Bluetooth link COM Communication Port Standard Serial over Bluetooth link COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST AS Upgrade suggestions ATA Device Disk Drive ST AS ATA Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Disk Upgrade suggestions Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Optical Drive HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H L ATA Device Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver Network Network Adapter Upgrade suggestions Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Network Adapter Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Network Adapter Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Peripherals USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C NoDB USB Device Generic Bluetooth Radio USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device Problems amp Suggestions Problem Disk free space is only on drive D nbsp

A:Upgrade suggestions

You may want to edit this post a bit. Give us the core components. I don't think anyone will want to read this wall of text to figure all of that out.

Check out this thread It will tell you how we want the posts to be formatted when requesting assistance / advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-suggestions.191524/
Relevancy 36.12%
A:New PC - rough budget $1500

Why do you need 2x GPUs but a weak CPU and little RAM? Even if you were doing graphic intensive tasks like Photoshop or running CFD simulations, you will still need large amounts of RAM and a good CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-rough-budget-1500.191590/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hiya My friend is going abroad to study and will likely be away from home for a period of - years During this time my friend of course won t have a whole lot of cash to work with but will attempt to also find work while abroad I don t know my friends budget I m afraid but I m wanting "gaming" laptop $999 a under for Suggestions to aim for something below the average cost of a quot and or quot Macbook Pro I think that s like Both and will work for suggestions My friend does a lot of the standard office kind of work powerpoints document-pushing and just maybe the occasional spreadsheet Other than that my friend is a bit of a gamer liking to play Free To Play games like League of Legends However the possibility exists that my friend might take up Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999 StarCraft as well On top of this there s the usual browsing of video-sharing and blog-posting websites To top it all off my friend also engages and will engage more in image and video-editing Thus it has to be a laptop and it has to be a decent one which can do a bit of everything Since this is to attempt to beat the steep pricing of a mac I d like for any suggestions to stay below However if it s a very good deal suggestions of above that are also welcome P S I m just doing this to help my friend but I m also helping my friend with many other things related to this But it s a bit much so I thought I d perhaps be able to crowd-source some help My friend however hasn t requested help at all so it s also a bit of a quot surprise quot Thank you nbsp

A:Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999

MacBooks are not for gaming generally. The cheapest MBP only has Intel graphics, which are slow, heck it will play LoL and SC2 but at low settings. I would go with the Lenovo Y580: https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A
It has a GTX 660M which will play SC2 just fine. But unfortunately, most models have been sold out on Lenovos site, so there is only 1 left, and it doesnt have a 1080P screen like the others do. Plus no deals are going on now. I looked at other notebooks <$999 and they all had 1GB 650Ms, which are fine, but 1GB is pushing it nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-laptop-under-999.190960/
Relevancy 29.67%

This is my first build for a desktop PC and I wanted to get some feedback before I buy I plan on using this for some heavy gaming and ideally I want to run some pretty graphically-tolling games on high ultra I m not an expert at computers so I thought that I would get some suggestions? build... First expert advice I plan on running this system on a Windows Professional -bit OS First build... suggestions? and have yet to do any research on keyboards and mice I ve got an old sound system that works pretty well and plugs in through an audio jack but I may buy a new one soon Thanks for the time and feedback let me know if you have any suggestions CPU First build... suggestions? Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Microcenter CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory Kingston GB x GB DDR - Memory Amazon Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive NCIX US Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Newegg Case Thermaltake Element G ATX Mid Tower Case SuperBiiz Power Supply Apevia W ATX V EPS V Power Supply Newegg Optical Drive Samsung SH- BB RSBS DVD CD Writer Amazon Monitor Asus VS H-P quot Monitor Newegg Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available nbsp

A:First build... suggestions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133217
This is the case that I'm actually going to get, the one I have listed has an incompatibility with the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-suggestions.191479/
Relevancy 25.8%

I want to buy a laptop to run professional recording software. The minimum requirement is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.67GHz. Can I use a quad core with less speed. What are my options?

Thanks

A:Help understanding minimum processor requirements for recording software

Is there a trial version of the software for you to test on your current system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-understanding-minimum-processor-requirements-for-recording-software.191471/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to processors, but which is better ?

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/19...+_(ADA4400DAA5BV)_vs_AMD_Phenom_X4_9150e.html

Also, can these be used on the same motherboard?
When I look on this comparison chart it says that the AMD X2 is uses a 939 socket, but when I look on my computer it says I'm using a AM2(940 pin) for the X2 processor.

A:Which processor is better

Look at the X2 and X4 labeling on the CPU's. The X2 means two cores and the X4 means 4 cores running at the advertised frequency. Aside from that the Athlon 64 is an older architect than Phenom. The two CPU's you linked to uses different socket designs and cannot be used on the same motherboard.

AM2 processors are incompatible with 939 motherboards and vice versa,Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-processor-is-better.191365/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello So I Upgrading processor Asus K50IN have Asus K IN laptop with Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz FSB Hz M L Cache Which is this http www notebookcheck net Intel-Core- -Duo-T -Notebook-Processor html I dont know if this is right but quot CPUID CPU-Z quot says chipset NVIDIA ID A Southbridge NVIDIA nForce i I am currently looking for a processor that I could upgrade to Is it possible Upgrading Asus K50IN processor to upgrade my laptop to this Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz FSB Hz M Cache Which is this http www notebookcheck net Intel-Core- -Duo-T -Notebook-Processor html I found this T Upgrading Asus K50IN processor on ebay but is says quot for intel mobile Chipset etc use ONLY quot I also found different processors but they all say for intel mobile etc So do I need to look for processors that are compatible with NVIDIA ID A or would the T work as it is Any suggestions or help on this would be nice Thanks I also uploaded my quot cpu-z quot screens just incase you need more info nbsp

A:Upgrading Asus K50IN processor

The "for Intel mobile 45 chipset only..." notification is so that a potential buyer is aware that just because the CPU is Intel and socket is Intel doesn't mean the CPU is automatically compatible.

Notebook CPU upgrades are largely a hit-and-miss affair. In addition to the chipset and socket compatibility, you have to deal with a custom BIOS particular to the machine. You might want to check out >>this K50IN CPU upgrade thread<< Both the 9700 and 9900 are 1066MHz FSB (QDR), so theoretically there is little between them. Before swapping out make sure that the BIOS is updated (see the link in the last post in the thread).

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-asus-k50in-processor.184096/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello guys I was talking to my parents and they said for my birthday in august they might give me $200 for a budget gaming pc build I already have the case, DVD drive, hdd's, and I need somthing that can play BO2 I need a Mobo, PSU, CPU, GPU, I think thats all what could you guys reccomend me some parts?

EDIT: Oh and I need to stay with DDR3 ram I already have tons of ddr3 ram

A:Parts for a budget gaming PC

Man, $200 isn't really enough to get yourself a proper build, even without the parts you listed. If I were you, I'd wait until I had a good $400-500 dollars before you begin to think about a gaming PC.

If that isn't possible, for whatever reason, check out teksyndicate's cheap *** gaming rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/parts-for-a-budget-gaming-pc.190322/
Relevancy 26.23%

The title pretty much says it all.

Here are my specs: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1808734

A:How to safely overclock an AMD Athlon II X2 240 processor

Amd makes a really nifty, comprehensive piece of performance software called AOD. It can be had here:
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/overview.aspx
Most x2 2xx models will OC to between 3.5-3.8Ghz depending on the motherboard you are using. You should list the rest of your components so we know what we are dealing with, including the PSU you are using. assuming you have quality components, you have the advantage of many others OC'ing this model before you. using AOD is nice as you can shorten the time to OC before making the final stable settings semi permanent in the bios if you choose, or setup an OC profile in AOD to use only during intense operations or gaming if you like. If you want, you can jump right to a setting of 3.4Ghz by raising the HT ref to 242 and the V-core to 1.475 and running the built in stability test for 15 minutes. from there raise the HT ref by 5-10 Mhz and run the stability test until it breaks. You can then raise the Vcore in intervals of .025-.05 until stable. Remember your CPU has a locked multiplier so you will be OC'ing the whole system when you raise the HT ref clock (memory,Northbridge, etc) you may want to drop the HT/NB/CPU multiplier back while you find the maximum OC to eliminate it as a possible limiting factor. a couple things to keep in mind...

1) watch temperatures. Its a REALLY good idea to have after-market cooling (heatsink/Fan) while OC'ing
2) make sure you have adequate PSU, both in capacity and quality.
3) the maximum Vcore for this generation of CPU's is 1.55v, better yet, stay at or under 1.5v -1.525v
4) with very good cooling (and if you want to push up over 1.5 V) you may get over 4.0Ghz.

Here is TechPowerup's Oc of an x2 240, you can get an idea of the settings they used to get 3.8Ghz OC (typical OC for this CPU if you have decent MB,PSU etc)

Here is a look at the control screen of the AOD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-safely-overclock-an-amd-athlon-ii-x2-240-processor.165156/
Relevancy 29.24%

So just as I thought the problem was fixed, turns out I need a new mobo.
So I figured you guys would know best, I have my eye on the Asus Sabertooth Z77 but not sure.
Budget is about ?200 (£170/$260)

Specs:
Case - HAF 922
CPU - Intel i7-3770K
GPU - XFX Radeon HD7970
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU - Corsair HX750
HD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

One with HDMI support would be nice.

Whaddya think?

A:Motherboard suggestions for $260ish?

The Sabertooth is an excellent motherboard, and looks like it will suit your needs. As for HDMI, your GPU deals with display output, not the motherboard (although the Sabertooth does have one)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions-for-260ish.190130/
Relevancy 29.24%

my system configuration

suggestion FOR best grapic card and ram??
I have 500gb harddisk.
I use xfx gt 8500gt 500m 512mb ddr2.
but I change this pls help ..

A:Graphics card suggestions

You need more RAM before you do anything at all. A faster CPU would also help a lot.

A new graphics card isn't going to help you much in games - wht do you want to play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-suggestions.188981/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi and firstly wishing you all the best for Ok I will keep this short as its been asked many times but like time it moves on and different models come to light for being popular for whatever reasons My wife s Laptop has died it is a Toshiba and to be fair its had some hammer so it hasn t done bad for yrs solid work I could mend it but want to get her something new and jazzy p So simple question what s a middle of the road laptop that s a good make at the moment for around max All she does on it is emails work stuff I already have office YouTube general browsing and course work along with Facebook of course lol so £400 Suggestions mid-range for laptop a max? for plenty of HDD space for the pic would be good I have looked in the market for lappy s around this price but all new ones I can find come with W and I really don t want it and would rather stay with W Thanks Suggestions for a mid-range laptop for £400 max? for any advice offered Regards Lee nbsp

A:Suggestions for a mid-range laptop for Ā£400 max?

I believe its free to download from windows 8 to 7?
anyway for that price youd be looking at like an A8-4500M or an i5 as the cpu. The i5 is probably a little better for what basic things this laptop is for You might be looking for something like this.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire...OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1357232041&sr=1-1

Im not really hip to Intel performance but that seems like it would be just fine to me. Although you might wanna try a different brand, because if you are expecting it to last 8 years like your last one Acers do NOT have the best build quality. Ive had one sitting here for about a year and its still in great condition but I havent really travelled with it. THe lid is sort of flimsy.

Just my 10 cents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-mid-range-laptop-for-%C2%A3400-max.188574/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey Techspot! I've been wanting to build a gaming desktop, my budget is about 1000$. It would be nice if it could run BF3 on Ultra at about 40-60 FPS, please throw me some ideas for parts that combined would cost about 1000$. Thanks!

A:Suggestions for a gaming PC for about $1,000

Hi Tom Niven, I suggest you have a look here at our TechSpot PC Buying guide http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/
The entry level rig would cost you around $800, but to get those frame rates(and since you have $200 left) you will have to upgrade the GPU and ram.

And going by the performance guide here http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page4.html, you should pick no lesser than the GTX 650Ti.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-pc-for-about-1-000.189309/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I want to upgrade my cpu and my motherboard. I will go with the i5-3570k and maybe the GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H. I'm not planning to need SLI/Crossfire and I won't do any extreme overclocking. I have 1 ssd + 2 HD and I will probably add 1-2 hd in some times. I'm also going to buy a 660 ti and change my psu in a 2-3 months.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543

$356.98 + $8.54 + $18.28 = total: $383.80

This is the less expensive that I have found. So if you think that I could do a better deal please share it with me. I'm from canada so I can't buy on US site.

Thanks and sorry for my poor english

A:Upgrading my processor and motherboard

These choices look good...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-processor-and-motherboard.188725/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello people, got myself a cheap computer, got 2GB memory running W7 (32 Bit) I intend to upgrade its RAM in time, but the graphics are my main issue, I'm using the on-board/ Integrated and as a result my system performance is struggling. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Note: I'm only looking for something to be capable of playing some Browser like games such as World of tanks etc. for now. I'l upgrade the whole unit at later date from general computer to a gaming spec.

A:Upgrading from onboard, suggestions

So you know 32 bit operating system can only take advantage of 4gb ram maximum.

now for light games, I'd say a hd 6670 or gt 640 would be a good choice in my opinion. anything higher and you would have to upgrade your psu as well but you are going to upgrade anyway in the future as You say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-onboard-suggestions.188828/
Relevancy 26.23%

So I purchased the Intel Q9550 about four years ago, and I'm wondering for how long it will hold. I recently purchased a new graphics card: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD7870 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP, and I am wondering for how long this old processor can
last before I have to change it to something better. Any ideas?

A:Old processor: Intel Q9550 still good enough for my use?

Thats a question that only you can answer for yourself. If you are still happy with it then it is still good enough for your use.

Personally for Intel CPU's any quad core is still plenty of power for an average user. I might shake my finger at a LGA775 dual core but not a quad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-processor-intel-q9550-still-good-enough-for-my-use.184846/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an older Inspiron 531 and I wasn't planning on replacing it anytime soon as it plays all the games and does everything else I need. I was wondering if there is a way to boost its speed and power a little more though. Right now I can play most mmo's on med settings, but I wanted to get a little more out of it. Currently I have a Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103546) processor in the PC. I have an AMD Phenom X4 9150e (http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HD9150ODJ4BGH-R) sitting around right now, my question is, can I replace the 4400+ with the 9150e and is the Phenom faster?

A:Have an older PC question about processor

Unfortunately, you cannot use the 9150E for your machine. It uses a completely different socket then the 4400+. You will need a board that supports AM2 sockets to use the 9150E.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-an-older-pc-question-about-processor.188291/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello all I need some help PC build Unlimited budget building a PC that I am in need to have I have barely any Unlimited budget PC build experience buildig a PC so this is where I have to receive your help So technically I need to build myself a super computer but I really dont know where to begin I currently use my very crappy computer for all my work including usage of software like Adobe illustrator photoshop premiere after effects Cinema D and Fl-Studio Those are the main software my computer has to run simultaneously That being said I do alot Unlimited budget PC build of multitasking most of it being rendering So correcty if I am wrong I need a PC that includes -A powerfull processor maybe a dual or even a quad -A probebely dual high end graphicscard -Loads and loads of RAM -And ofcourse a case to fit it all in I dont have any components from a previous PC because I am currently using a laptop I had in mind to get a intel Core i - K processor For graphics an AMD Radeon HD For RAM I suggest GB being enough And a Samsung GB quot SATA III SSD for storage of the OS and other software Other stuff I have to get is a Creative Sound Blaster ZX and place for a wireless internet adapter I plan on combining buying from webstores and local stores I already own a keyboard and a mouse aswell as monitors I will be installing Windows ultimate -bit on it Do I need a specific type of cooling My ideas might seem stupid because its seems overpriced and overpowered but you should know I am in hard need of a super computer and I have an unlimited budget so nothing is too expensive for me An unlimited budget sound nice but I really do not want to cross the it is not my money we are talking about and I do not want to rob my supplier So could you guys recommend me components to make it possible to build this Some of my other questions are Is it a possibillity to get AMD Radeon HD s Will this improve my rendering time And about a dual or quad processor is this possible if yes what do I need to achive this and what are the advantages disadvantages You will make my year even better if someone could help me with this Cheers and Merry Christmas nbsp

A:Unlimited budget PC build

I had in mind to get a intel Core i7-3770K processor.
For graphics an AMD Radeon HD 7970.
For RAM I suggest 16GB being enough.
And a Samsung 256GB 2.5" SATA III SSD for storage of the OS and other software.Click to expand...

This sound like a good choice. You can get a motherboard with a built in wifi adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlimited-budget-pc-build.188457/
Relevancy 22.36%

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 5.5
Memory (RAM): 5.5
Graphics: 3.9
Gaming Graphics: 3.4
Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

A:Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-processor-to-improve-my-graphics-or-do-i-just-need-a-new-graphics-card.187802/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the $500-600 range. I mostly use the laptop for media(music/movies) and middle range games Like Dota2/league of Legends/Heroes of Newerth. I'm not very educated on the how to pick out a good laptop as I'm used to only buying desktops. Can you make some suggestions for what I should buy. I would prefer to have a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated as the majority of my time for this will be for gaming.

A:Buying new laptop (need help/suggestions)

I would suggest an i3 which would normally come with around 3 or 4 gig ram and should have a good enough card in for them sort of games @ your price range

Also depends if you want new or not bothered if 2nd hand as long as good try cex if 2nd hand

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-laptop-need-help-suggestions.187420/
Relevancy 28.81%

Anyone suggest some upgrades (if any?) for this old beast, current stats:

LAPTOP: Alienware Area-51® m7700
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 670 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.8GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB
Memory: 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 512MB / 2 x 1024MB
Hard Drive: 100GB 7,200 RPM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX
Monitor: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD Display
Sound Card: Intel® 7.1 High-Definition Audio
Mouse: USB Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

A:Upgrade suggestions for Alienware Area-51 m7700

Not much point upgrading, that's quite an old machine. You're better off saving up and building a new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-suggestions-for-alienware-area-51-m7700.187186/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi im currently in the process of building a PC that will replace my old PC this computer will be used for gaming and watching films Budget around I have a keyboard mouse and a monitor at the moment I have come up with Procesor i k GHz http www ebuyer com -intel- b-cache-retail-boxed-processor-bx i k Motherboard gigabyte GA-Z -D H http www ebuyer com -gigaby mi- -channel-audio-atx-motherboard-ga-z -d h DVD samsung X DVD http www ebuyer com -samsung-sh- bb-sata-dvd-write-optical-drive-oem-sh- bb-bebe Case Coolermaster plus http www ebuyer com -coolermaster-haf- -plus-case-rc- p-kkn RAM GB G skill DDR MHz http www ebuyer com -g-skill- gb-ddr - mhz-ripjawsx-memory-f - cl d- gbxl CPU Cooler akasa K http www ebuyer com build, £700 PC budget -akasa-k -intel- PC build, £700 budget - - -processor-cooler-ak-cc ep GPU saphire HD GB http www ebuyer com -sapphi -displayport-pci-e-graphics-card- - - g PSU corsair TXM w http www ebuyer com -corsair-txm- w-modular-psu-cp- -uk HDD seagate GB http www ebuyer com -seagate- gb-barracuda-internal-hard-drive-st dm I will appreciate any help that I can get nbsp

A:PC build, Ā£700 budget

Overall a decent choice of components. I'm not a fan of Akasa products at all, this CM Hyper 212 Evo has great performance for the price.

Not sure how much budget you have left but I'd try to work an SSD into the build, when it comes to general PC usage it will be the most noticeable difference from your old PC. 128GB drives are really cheap nowadays. If you need to save some money then I'd say reuse your old hard drive as a storage drive, £40 for 500GB isn't great value anyway.

The 3570K is £14 cheaper on Amazon btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-%C2%A3700-budget.187192/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am thinkin of buying http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTEL-D41...aptopMotherboards_CPUs_CA&hash=item35c160f826

and I need to know if it will support my processor which is a core 2 duo E6550 and my G card which is a NVIDIA GT220 (old I know but does its job for what I need) and DDR 2 ram cards.

thanks all

A:Need to know if this motherboard will support my processor, RAM and GPU

The board seems to be a P4 board. - Intel® Desktop Board - DQ963GS

However there does seem to be support for Core2 processros with BIOS updates. - Found 36 Compatible Processor(s) for Board "DQ965GF"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-if-this-motherboard-will-support-my-processor-ram-and-gpu.186993/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys! as a general novice to computers, I jumped in at the deep end, and will try to build a gaming pc (or at least be shown to by my dad!). but as a novice, I would like some suggestion on what bits of kit to buy, with a few requirements:
EVERYTHING must play nice with each other
it must be capable to run diablo 3, guild wars, minecraft/tekkit, gnomoria, and TF2
the maximum budget would be around £300.

Any and all suggestion will be appreciated, and thanks in advance
Tyrion

PS: sorry if this is in the wrong place, rather noobish to this site

A:Trying to build a gaming PC on a budget

Hey mate.

First thing's first, £300 is a pretty damn tight budget for any computer, let alone a gaming pc, so don't be expecting anything too mind-blowing.
to get you started, I'm gonna assume you live in the UK so we'll be using www.SCAN.co.uk for your purchases.

Before we go any further, could you tell us a few things:
- Do you already own peripherals? (monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers)
- Do you have a copy of windows, or will we need to buy one?
- Do you have any parts you can re-use from elsewhere? (HDD, Optical drive, etc.)
- Is there any way you can raise your budget? like I said before, £300 is pretty darn tight.

Try to give us as much information as possible - help us help you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-build-a-gaming-pc-on-a-budget.186742/
Relevancy 29.24%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I have posted here. I am in need of a new wireless router. I was hoping to pick the brains of the TS forum readers on the subject. Right now I am using some crap provided by comcast. I was wondering if anyone knew of any solid replacements.
Budget: $200

If any other information is needed. Just request it in your response : ]

Thanks in advance.

A:Looking for solid suggestions for new wireless router

I have always used and recommended Netgear routers and switches - - never been disappointed with their equipment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-solid-suggestions-for-new-wireless-router.186441/